Books by Subject
- 5-minute clinical consult standard 2015Ovid
- Academic medicine a guide for clinicians 2006SpringerDeciding on an academic career. -- About an academic career. -- What you need to know about the academic medical center. -- Finding the academic job you want. -- Basic academic skills: clinical practice, teaching, and scholarship. -- Advanced academic skills: doing research, getting grants, and writing for publication. -- Administrative skills. -- Academic medicine success skills. -- How to manage your career and your life. -- Planning for the future. -- Appendix 1: Glossary. -- Appendix 2: Collected academic medical aphorisms. -- Appendix 3: Allopathic medical schools in the United States. -- Appendix 4: Osteopathic medical schools in the United States. -- Appendix 5: Medical schools in Canada.
- Attaining professional success and finding personal happiness in academic medicine is not an easy path, yet both are critical if the future is to be brighter through better science, better clinical care, better training, better responsiveness to communities, and better stewardship and leadership in the health professions. This concise, easy to read title consists of "mini" chapters intended as a resource to assist early- and middle-career physicians, clinicians, and scientists in understanding the unique mission of academic medicine and building creative, effective, and inspiring careers in a challenging field.
- AccessMedicine [mobile] (Online service)McGraw-Hill, Users must create a personal profile in AccessMedicine using a non-mobile browser, and log into AccessMedicine with that username and password on the mobile device (optimized for): iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry Bold.The AccessMedicine mobile website includes Harrison's Online, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Picture Galleries from Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, Clinician's Pocket Reference: The Scut Monkey, CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care, Diagnostic Tests from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, Quick Answers, Diagnosaurus, and Drug monographs.
- ACP smart medicineSTAT!Ref, Limited to 1 userThis point-of-care decision support tool provides access to hundreds of evidence-based recommendations on diagnosis, therapy, prevention, screening and more. Includes AHFS DI Essentials.
- Advances in mitochondrial medicine 2012Springer
- Advances in predictive, preventive and personalised medicine v. 1-, 2012-Springer
- Advice to the healer on the art of caring. 2nd ed. 2013SpringerPart I. Inspirational Perspectives from History -- -- Introduction -- Ancient times -- Chinese and medieval medicine -- The twentieth century -- Modern masters -- -- Part II. Practical Advice for the Modern-Day Healer -- -- Survival tips for the younger clinician -- Civility -- Lessons learned from private practice -- A doctor's journal -- Heal thyself -- The healer.
- Aminoff's Neurology and General Medicine is the standard and classic reference providing comprehensive coverage of the relationship between neurological practice and general medicine. As neurologists are asked to consult on general medical conditions, this reference provides an authoritative tool linking general medical conditions to specific neurological issues and disorders. This is also a valuable tool for the general practitioner seeking to understand the neurological aspects of their medical practice. Completely revised with new chapters covering metastatic disease, bladder disease, psychogenic disorders, dementia, and pre-operative and post-operative care of patients with neurologic disorders, this new edition will again be the go-to reference for both neurologists and general practitioners.
- Antibody expression and production 2011SpringerEngineered antibodies currently represent over 30 per cent of biopharmaceuticals in clinical trials and their total worldwide sales continue to increase significantly. The importance of antibody applications is reflected in their increasing clinical and industrial applications as well as in the progression of established and emerging production strategies. This volume provides detailed coverage of the generation, optimization, characterization, production and applications of antibody. It provides the necessary theoretical background and description of methods for the expression of antibody in.
- Assessment in health professions education 2009ebrary, Limited to 3 simultaneous usersIntroduction to assessment in the health professions / Steven M. Downing and Rachel Yudkowsky -- Validity and its threats / Steven M. Downing and Thomas M. Haladyna -- Reliability / Rick D. Alexson and Clarence D. Kreiter -- Generalizability theory / Clarence D. Kreiter -- Statistics of testing / Steven M. Downing -- Standard setting / Rachel Yudkowsky, Steven M. Downing, and Ara Tekian -- Written tests : constructed-response and selected-response formats / Steven M. Downing -- Observational assessment / William C. McGahie, John Butter, and Marsha Kaye -- Performance tests / Rachel Yudkowsky -- Simulations in assessment / William C. McGahie and S. Barry Issenberg -- Oral examinations / Ara Tekian and Rachel Yudkowsky -- Assessment portfolios / Ara Tekian and Rachel Yudkowsky.
- Bayesian biostatistics and diagnostic medicine 2007CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- Diagnostic medicine -- Other diagnostic procedures -- Bayesian statistics -- Bayesian methods for diagnostic accuracy -- Regression and test accuracy -- Agreement -- Diagnostic imaging and clinical trials -- Other topics.
- Breath odors origin, diagnosis, and management 2011Springer
- Cardiovascular medicine -- Dermatology -- Ear, nose, and throat -- Emergency medicine -- Endocrinology -- Ethics and patient encounters -- Gastroenterology -- General surgery -- Genetics -- Geriatrics -- Gynecology -- Hematology -- Immunology -- Infectious disease -- Internal medicine -- Laboratory medicine -- Nephrology -- Neurology -- Neurosurgery -- Obstetrics -- Oncology -- Ophthalmology -- Orthopedic surgery -- Pediatrics -- Pharmacology -- Preventive medicine, epidemiology, and biostatistics -- Psychiatry -- Pulmonology -- Radiology -- Rheumatology -- Urology -- Vascular surgery -- Photos, images, and multimedia -- Signs, symptoms, and syndromes.
- Preventive medicine and biostatistics -- Pediatrics, genetics and pediatric subspecialties -- Internal medicine and medical subspecialties -- Gynecology and obstetrics -- Psychiatry and ethics -- Surgery and surgical subspecialties -- Radiology, laboratory medicine, and pharmacology -- Images.
- Career skills for doctors 2015SpringerThe transition from medical school to being a practicing junior doctor is challenging. It requires knowledge and clinical skills but also the ability to efficiently function in the workplace. At the same time postgraduate professional development in gaining clinical experience, passing postgraduate exams, under-taking research or audit, and publishing become essential for career progression. One soon realizes that being a doctor is not just a profession but a way of life. This book presents some well-known ℓ́ℓpearlsℓ́ℓ as how to improve your day to day workplace performance, be efficiently productive, be an inherent part of the team, how to shine and impress. Advice is also given as how to prepare for postgraduate exams, develop essential technical skills, apply for the next post, successfully participate in research and audit, publish, manage, lead, teach, and train. This generic guidance can be of use for those aspiring to become a generalist or subspecialty doctor and can be of value in whichever part of the world you end up practicing in.
- Print Material
- Chronic disease management 2007SpringerOverview of chronic disease management / Jim Nuovo -- Self-management in chronic illness / Bridget R. Levich -- Use of group visits in the treatment of the chronically ill / Edward B. Noffsinger -- Chronic disease care: creating practice change / Thomas A. Balsbaugh -- Medication management in chronic diseases / Timothy W. Cutler and Marilyn Stebbins -- Providing culturally competent chronic disease management: diabetes mellitus / David Stempel and Bruce Allen Chernof -- Type 2 diabetes / Jim Nuovo -- Asthma / Samuel Louie -- Heart failure / William Lewis and Jim Nuovo -- Osteoarthritis / Ernesto Zatarain -- Obesity / Jim Nuovo -- Depression / Jim Nuovo -- Chronic pain / Jim Nuovo.
- Chronic diseases and health care new trends in diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, low back pain, cardiovascular disease, and cancer 2006SpringerChronic Diseases: Epidemiology and Health Care Disparities -- Health Care Costs -- Living with a Chronic Disease -- Diabetes Mellitus -- Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia, and Low Back Pain -- Cardiovascular Disease -- Cancer.
- Clinical trials study design, endpoints and biomarkers, drug safety, FDA and ICH guidelines. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyThe origins of drugs -- Introduction to regulated clinical trials -- Run in period -- Inclusion/exclusion criteria, stratification, and subgroups : part I -- Inclusion and stratification criteria : part II -- Randomization, allocation, and blinding -- Placebo arm as part of clinical study design -- Intent to treat analysis vs. per protocol analysis -- Biostatistics -- Introduction to endpoints for clinical trials in pharmacology -- Endpoints in clinical trials on solid tumors : objective response -- Oncology endpoints : overall survival and progression free survival -- Oncology endpoints : time to progression -- Oncology endpoint : disease free survival -- Oncology endpoint : time to distant metastasis -- Neoadjuvant therapy versus adjuvant therapy -- Hematological cancers -- Biomarkers and personalized medicine -- Endpoints in immune diseases -- Endpoints in clinical trials on infections -- Health related quality of life -- Health related quality of life instruments for immune disorders -- Health related quality of life instruments and infections -- Drug safety -- Mechanism of action : part I -- Mechanism of action, part II : cancer -- Mechanism of action, part III : immune disorders -- Mechanisms of action, part IV : infections -- Consent forms -- Package inserts -- Regulatory approval -- Patents.
- Clinical ward secrets 2010ClinicalKeyFinally, a book that answers the questions you have as you begin your clinical rotations. In this format of the Series, this book will help ease the transition from the classroom to the clinical wards. The popular Q&A format is an easy-to-use, didactic approach and covers all of the important procedures and processes you will need to know in the hospital, in the clinic, and on the ward. Throughout you will find valuable tips and "secrets" written by students and residents. This student-to-student approach ensures you are getting the most current and accurate information.
- Clinician's pocket reference. 11th ed. 2007AccessMedicineHistory and physical examination -- Chartwork -- Differential diagnosis: symptoms, signs, and conditions -- Laboratory diagnosis: chemistry, immunology, serology -- Laboratory diagnosis: clinical hematology -- Laboratory diagnosis: urine studies -- Clinical microbiology -- Blood gases and acid-base disorders -- Fluids and electrolytes -- Blood component therapy -- Nutritional assessment, therapeutic diets, and infant feeding -- Enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Bedside procedures -- Pain management -- Imaging studies -- Introduction to the operating room -- Suturing techniques and wound care -- Respiratory care -- Basic ECG reading -- Critical care -- Common medical emergencies -- Commonly used medications.
- Conn's Current therapy latest editions onlyClinicalKey
- Crush step 1 the ultimate USMLE step 1 review 2014ClinicalKeyIf you know all of the concepts in Crush Step 1: The Ultimate USMLE Step 1 Review, you should do much better than pass USMLE Step 1: You should Crush it! Led by Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, the author of the USMLE Step 2 Secrets and Brochert's Crush Step 2, this focused, high-yield review of core content and test prep strategies is the most effective USMLE Step 1preparation available for this high-stakes exam. Written and reviewed by students, residents, and experts!
- Crush step 3 CCS the ultimate USMLE step 3 CCS review 2013ClinicalKeyWith its focused review of common cases, high-yield content, and test prep strategies, Dr. Mayur K. Movalia's new review book offers the most effective preparation available for this high-stakes exam. Zero in on the content you need to know, thanks to a concise, consistent presentation for each case that is updated to mirror the 2013 USMLET software. Find the information you need quickly with a detailed index that organizes cases by symptom, final diagnosis, and specialty. Get up-to-date management strategies for CCS cases, thanks to input from a Resident Review Board comprised of high-scoring individuals (90th percentile or more), who evaluated the book to ensure its relevance and accuracy. Use it in conjunction with Brochert's Crush Step 3: The Ultimate USMLE Step 3 Review, 4th Edition for a comprehensive and highly effective Step 3 review. Get a 24-hour free trial to the USMLE Consult Step 3 CCS Case Bank, with a discount towards its purchase! 100 CCS cases simulate the actual USMLE Step 3 CCS experience.
- Current clinical medicine. 2nd ed. 2010ClinicalKey2010 MD Consult
- Current practice guidelines in primary care Latest edition, 2015.AccessMedicine2014 ed. AccessMedicine2013 ed. AccessMedicine
- Print Material
- Davidson's Principles and practice of medicine. 22nd edition. 2014ClinicalKeyMore than two million medical students, doctors and other health professionals from around the globe have owned a copy of Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine since it was first published. Today's readers rely on this beautifully illustrated text to provide up-to-date detail of contemporary medical practice, presented in a style that is concise and yet easy to read. Davidson's provides the factual knowledge required to practise medicine, explaining it in the context of underlying principles, basic science and research evidence, and shows how to apply this knowledge to the management of patients who present with problems rather than specific diseases. The book has won numerous prizes including being highly commended in the British Medical Association book awards. Davidson's global perspective is enhanced by the input of an international team of authors and a distinguished International Advisory Board from 17 countries. Building on the foundations laid down by its original editor, Davidson's remains one of the world's leading and most respected textbooks of medicine. The underlying principles of medicine are described concisely in the first part of the book, and the detailed practice of medicine within each sub-specialty is described in later system-based chapters. Most chapters begin with a two-page overview of the important elements of the clinical examination, including a manikin to illustrate the key steps in the examination of the relevant system. A practical, problem-based clinical approach is described in the 'Presenting Problems' sections, to complement the detailed descriptions of each disease. The text is extensively illustrated, with over 1000 diagrams, clinical photographs, and radiology and pathology images. 1350 text boxes present information in a way suitable for revision, including 150 clinical evidence boxes summarising the results of systematic reviews and randomised controlled trials and 65 'In Old Age' boxes highlighting important aspects of medical practice in the older population. A combined index and glossary of medical acronyms contains over 10 000 subject entries. The contents can also be searched comprehensively as part of the online access to the whole book on the StudentConsult platform. Access over 500 self-testing questions with answers linked to the book's content for further reading. The text uses both SI and non-SI units to make it suitable for readers throughout the globe.
- DeGowin's Diagnostic examination. 9th ed. 2009AccessMedicineDiagnosis -- History taking and the medical record -- The screening physical examination -- Vital signs, anthropometric data, and pain -- Non-regional systems and diseases -- The skin and nails -- The head and neck -- The chest : chest wall, pulmonary, and cardiovascular systems; the breasts -- Abdomen, perineum, anus, and rectosigmoid -- The urinary system -- The female genitalia and reproductive system -- Male genitalia and reproductive system -- The spine, pelvis and extremities -- The neurologic examination -- The mental status, psychiatric, and social evaluations -- The preoperative evaluation -- Principles of diagnostic testing -- Common laboratory tests.
- DeGowin's Diagnostic examination. Tenth edition [10th ed.] / 2015AccessMedicineDiagnosis -- History taking and the medical record -- The screening physical examination -- Vital signs, anthropometric data, and pain -- Non-regional systems and diseases -- The skin and nails -- The head and neck -- The chest : chest wall, pulmonary, and cardiovascular systems; the breasts -- Abdomen, perineum, anus, and rectosigmoid -- The urinary system -- The female genitalia and reproductive system -- Male genitalia and reproductive system -- The spine, pelvis and extremities -- The nervous system -- The mental status, psychiatric, and social evaluations -- The preoperative evaluation -- Principles of diagnostic testing -- Common laboratory tests.
- Antidepressant compounds : a critical review / S.W. Tang, D.M. Helmeste, B. Leonard -- The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in depression / M. Julio-Pieper, T.G. Dinan -- Dysfunctional circadian rhythms and mood disorders : opportunities for novel therapeutic approaches / T.R. Norman -- The concept of depression as a dysfunction of the immune system / B.E. Leonard -- The role of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the pathology and treatment of depression / C. Song -- Overcoming antidepressant treatment resistance : focus on glutamate / J.W. Murrough, S.J. Mathew -- Neuroimaging and the pathophysiology and treatment of depression : recent advances and future needs / D.M. Cannon -- Animal models of depression : where are we going? / D.A. Slattery, J.F. Cryan -- Genetic models of depression and antidepressant response / I. Lucki -- The role of 5-HT2C receptors in the antidepressant response : a critical review / C.B.P. Martin ... [et al.] -- Chromatin-based treatments for affective disorders : insight or utopia / H.E. Covington III, O. Berton -- Neurotrophic factors and antidepressant action : recent advances / O.F. O'Leary, E. Castron -- Neurogenic basis of antidepressant action : recent advances / A. Tanti, C. Belzung -- The nature and treatment of therapy-resistant depression / S.H. Kennedy, S.J. Rizvi, P. Giacobbe -- Optimizing antidepressant management of depression : current status and future perspectives / T.L. Schwartz, S.M. Stahl.
- Dermatological signs of internal disease. 4th ed. 2009ClinicalKey1. Lupus erythematosus / Christopher B. Hansen, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 2. Dermatomyositis / Ruth Ann Vleugels, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 3. Scleroderma, Raynaud's phenomenon, and related conditions / Susannah E. McClain ... [et al.] -- 4. Vasculitis / Jeffrey P. Zwerner, Jeffrey P. Callen, David F. Fiorentino -- 5. Miscellaneous disorders with prominent features involving the skin and the joints / Brad A. Yentzer ... [et al.] -- 6. Urticaria / Andrew D. Lee, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 7. Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis / B. Asher Louden, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 8. Erythema nodosum and other panniculitides / Manisha J. Patel, Joseph L. Jorizzo, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 9. Pruritus / Gil Yosipovitch -- 10. Erythroderma / Aaron M. Loyd, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 11. Purpura / Warren W. Piette -- 12. Bullous diseases / Anneli R. Bowen, John J. Zone -- 13. Skin signs of internal malignancy / Edward W. Cowen, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 14. Metastatic disease / Warren W. Piette -- 15. Cutaneous manifestations of leukemias, myelodysplasti and myeloproliferative syndromes, and systemic lymphomas / Warren W. Piette -- 16. Dysproteinemias, plasma cell disorders, and amyloidosis / Warren W. Piette -- 17. Cutaneous manifestations of macrophage/dendritic cell proliferative disorders (histiocytoses) / Warren W. Piette -- 18. Vascular neoplasms / Julie V. Schaffer, Jean L. Bolognia -- 19. Primary cutaneous T-cell and B-cell lymphomas / Gary S. Wood, Warren W. Piette -- 20. Diabetes mellitus / Mohammad Reza Namazi, Gil Yosipovitch -- 21. Thyroid and the skin / Warren R. Heymann, Ted Rosen, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 22. Lipids / Sarah L. Taylor, Kenneth E. Greer, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 23. Adrenal, androgen-related, and pituitary disorders / Drew W. Miller, Steven R. Feldman, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 24. Porphyrias / Julia R. Nunley, Marc E. Grossman, Warfen W. Piette -- 25. Cutaneous diseases associated with gastrointestinal abnormalities / Mark D. Herron, John J. Zone -- 26. Cutaneous hepatology / J. Mark Jackson, Jeffrey P. Callen, Kenneth E. Greer -- 27. Pancreatic disease / Daniel J. Pearce, Kenneth E. Greer, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 28. Cutaneous manifestations of systemic viral, bacterial, and fungal infections and protozoan disease / Christina Haverstock ... [et al.] -- 29. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and sexually transmitted infections / Jean L. Bolognia -- 30. Sarcoidosis / Joseph C. English III, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 31. Cardiovascular diseases and the skin / Kathryn Schwarzenberger, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 32. Renal disease and the skin / Cheryl L. Lonergan, Thomas G. Cropley -- 33. Manifestations in transplant recipients / Dennis L. Cooper, Jean L. Bolgnia -- 34. Neurocutaneous disease / Clive M. Liu, John J. Zone -- 35. Pregancy / Lisa M. Cohen, George Kroumpouzos -- 36. Mast cell disease / Michael D. Tharp -- 37. Hair disorders in systemic disease / Raechele C. Gathers, Amy J. McMichael -- 38. Nail signs of systemic disease / Christopher B. Yelverton, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 39. Oral mucous membranes and systemic disease / Charles Camisa, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 40. Leg ulcerations / Mark D.P. Davis -- 41. Cutaneous drug eruptions / Susan Burgin, Stephen E. Wolverton, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 42. Systemic therapy for cutaneous disease / Stephen E. Wolverton, Jeffrey P. Callen.
- Differential diagnosis in internal medicine from symptom to diagnosis. 1st English ed. 2007Thieme Book
- Differential diagnosis of common complaints. 6th ed. 2012ClinicalKeyThis 6th Edition, by Drs. Robert H. Seller and Andrew B. Symons, helps you quickly and efficiently diagnose the 36 most common symptoms reported by patients. Organized alphabetically by presenting symptom, each chapter mirrors the problem-solving process most physicians use to make a diagnosis. It's a practical, clinically oriented approach that can help you master the differential diagnosis of common symptoms and diagnose almost all the problems typically seen in your practice. Find the guidance you need quickly through an alphabetical organization by presenting symptom and a concise, consistent, user-friendly approach that mirrors the diagnostic decision-making process. Get a fresh perspective from new co-author, Dr. Andrew B. Symons, who brings a strong background in education as Vice Chair of Medical Student Education at SUNY Buffalo.
- Print Material
- Based on a study of physician education by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Calls for a major overhaul of the present approach to preparing doctors for their careers. The text addresses issues for the future of the field and takes a comprehensive look at the most pressing concerns in physician education today.-- excerpted from publisher notes.
- Rick's Big Adventure -- All My Trials -- Fish Ate My Cancer -- Smoker's Cough -- Conference With Counsel -- Coming Through -- Here's Henry -- Why Me? -- How Do They Know What I've Got? -- Doctors and Cancer: Firewall.
- English for biomedical scientists 2009Springer
- Essential clinical procedures. 3rd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyInformed Consent -- Standard Precautions -- Sterile Technique -- Blood Pressure Measurement -- Venipuncture -- Obtaining Blood Cultures -- Inserting Intravenous Catheters -- Arterial Puncture -- Injections -- Recording an Electrocardiogram -- Exercise Stress Testing -- Endotracheal Intubation -- Office Pulmonary Function Testing -- Nasogastric Tube Placement -- Lumbar Puncture -- Urinary Bladder Catheterization -- Urinary Bladder Catheterization -- Epistaxis and Nasal Foreign Body Removal -- The Pelvic Examination and Obtaining a Routine Papanicolaou Smear -- Reduction of the Shoulder/Finger Subluxations -- Joint and Bursal Aspiration -- Casting and Splinting -- Local Anesthesia -- Wound Closure -- Dermatologic Procedures -- Incision and Drainage of an Abscess -- Wound Dressing Techniques -- Cryosurgery -- Treating Ingrown Toenails -- Draining Subungual Hematomas -- Anoscopy -- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy -- Removal of Cerumen and Foreign Bodies from the Ear -- Trauma-Oriented Ocular Examination, Corneal Abrasion, and Ocular Foreign Body Removal -- Endometrial Biopsy -- Foot Examination of the Patient with Diabetes -- Procedural Sedation -- Patient Education Concepts * -- Outpatient Coding for Medical Services -- Documentation -- Giving Sad and Bad News.
- Essential medical facts every clinician should know to prevent medical errors, pass board examinations and provide informed patient care 2011SpringerMedical facts, errors, and this book -- Challenging current medical misconception -- Epidemiologic realities and gee-whiz facts -- Disease prevention and screening -- Risk factors and disease correlates -- Practical clinical pearls -- Laboratory testing, electrocardiography and imaging -- Alarming symptoms and red flag findings -- Therapeutic insights -- Idiosyncratic and uncommon drug effects -- Drug Interactions and adventures in polypharmacy -- Alcohol, nicotine and caffeine -- Unforeseen, counterintuitive and possibly prophetic findings -- Unforeseen, counterintuitive and possibly prophetic findings -- Some timeless truths about medical practice -- A clinican's glossary of statistical terms.
- The general history and physical exam -- The abdominal exam -- The breast exam -- The cardiovascular exam -- The geriatric exam -- The gynecological exam -- The head and neck exam -- The lymphatic system and lymph node exam -- The musculoskeletal exam -- The neurological exam -- The obstetric exam -- The ophthalmological exam -- The pediatric exam -- The peripheral vascular exam -- The psychiatric exam -- The peripheral vascular exam -- The psychiatric exam -- The respiratory exam -- The urological exam -- The essentials of clinical pharmacology and toxicology -- The essentials of dermatology -- The essentials of emergency medicine -- The essentials of endocrinology -- The essentials of fluids, electrolytes, and acid/base disturbances -- The eseentials of general surgery -- The essentials of infectious diseases -- The essentials of medical imaging -- The essentials of oncology -- The essentials of pain management and pre-operative assessment -- Appendix 1. Concepts in evidence-informed medical practice -- Appendix 2. Commonly used drugs -- Appendix 3. Common laboratory values -- Index.
- EuroQol Group after 25 years 2013SpringerThe EuroQol Group first met in Rotterdam in May 1987 determined to develop a standardised non-disease-specific instrument for valuing health-related quality of life. The book traces the activities of the Group over the next 25 years. The instrument constructed, eventually named the EQ-5D, was translated into many languages and used in a wide range of countries and settings. The book describes how the instrument's descriptive system was determined, how translation and language issues were handled, and how valuations were provided. Recent developments, in particular a 5-level version (EQ-5D-5L), and a youth version (EQ-5D-Y) are covered. The history of the institutional and administrative framework within which the Group operated is also treated.
- Ferri's Color atlas and text of clinical medicine 2009ClinicalKeyInside this new reference you'll find nearly 4,000 images-the largest collection of medical images ever assembled in a primary care resource. For each condition examined, the text presents several images from a multiple-modality perspective that together provide a clear picture for obtaining an accurate identification. Differential diagnosis references accompanying each image help you avoid possible misdiagnoses.
- Ferri's Netter patient advisor 2010-2011 2010ClinicalKeyCardiology -- Dermatology -- Endocrinology -- Environmental medicine -- Gastroenterology -- Gynecology and obstetrics -- Hematology/oncology -- Infectious diseases -- Interdisciplinary medicine -- Nephrology -- Neurology -- Ophthalmology -- Orthopedics -- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) -- Pediatrics -- Psychiatry -- Pulmonary disease -- Rheumatology -- Surgery, general -- Urology.
- For nearly 25 years, Ferri's concise, pocket-sized resource has served as the go-to reference for practical, clinical information among students, residents, and other medical professionals. Formerly known as Practical Guide to the Care of the Medical Patient, this volume continues to provide a fast, effective, and efficient way to identify the important clinical, laboratory, and diagnostic imaging information you need to get through your internal medicine clerkship or residency. Benefit from the expert guidance of Dr. Fred Ferri, a leading teacher, clinician, and author.Confidently manage patients with the latest clinical information, drug therapies, and lab tests.
- Goldman's Cecil medicine. 24th ed. 2012ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeySocial and ethical issues in medicine -- Principles of evaluation and management -- Preventive and environmental issues -- Aging and geriatric medicine -- Clinical pharmacology -- Genetics -- Principles of immunology and inflammation -- Cardiovascular disease -- Respiratory diseases -- Critical care medicine -- Renal and genitourinary diseases -- Gastrointestinal diseases -- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts -- Hematologic diseases -- Oncology -- Metabolic diseases -- Nutritional diseases -- Endocrine diseases -- Women's health -- Diseases of bone and mineral metabolism -- Diseases of allergy and clinical immunology -- Rheumatic diseases -- Infectious diseases -- HIV and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- Neurology -- Eye, ear, nose, and throat diseases -- Medical consultation -- Skin diseases.
- Deutsch-Englisch -- Englisch-Deutsch.
- The Good, the bad, and the ugly : a story of two medications -- An Ethical framework -- The Pharmaceutical industry and the free market -- Patents, generic drugs, and academic science -- Research and profits -- Suppression of research data -- The Quality of pharmaceutical research -- The Drug rep: historical background -- The Drug rep today -- The Influence of drug reps: what the data show -- Continuing medical education -- Professional organizations and journal advertising -- The Industry and the consumer -- The FDA: from patent medicines to AIDS drugs -- The FDA and the industry, 1990-2004 -- Solutions: the management and divestment strategies -- Solutions requiring enhanced professionalism in medicine -- Solutions requiring regulatory reform.
- Hospital medicine. 2nd ed. 2005OvidGeneral issues -- Critical care medicine -- Medical consultation -- Cardiology -- Vascular medicine -- Pulmonary -- Infectious diseases -- Hiv disease -- Gastroenterology -- Hematology - oncology -- Renal -- Endocrinology -- Rheumatology -- Neurology and psychology -- Toxicology and allergy.
- Human health handbooks v. 1-, 2012-Springer
- Doctor and patient : general principles of history taking / Michael Glynn -- General patient examination and differential diagnosis / William Drake -- Ethical considerations / William Drake -- Women / Alan Naftalin -- Children and adolescents / Anna Riddell -- Older people / Adam Feather -- Psychiatric assessment / Ruth E. Taylor -- Patients presenting as emergencies / Robert Ghosh -- Patients in pain / Jayne Gallagher and Serge Nikolic -- Respiratory system / F. Runa Ali and John Moore-Gillon -- Cardiovascular system / Adam D. Timmis and Andrew Archbold -- Gastrointestinal system / Michael Glynn -- Locomotor system / David P. D'Cruz -- Nervous system / Rodney W.H. Walker -- Skin, nails and hair / Rino Cerio -- Endocrine disorders / William Drake and John Monson -- Diabetic and other metabolic disorders / Tahseen A. Chowdhury -- Kidneys and urinary tract / Raj Thuraisingham -- Eyes / Andrew Coombes -- Ear, nose, and throat / Michael J. Wareing -- Sexually transmitted infections / Beng T. Goh.
- ICD-9-CMOvid, Click on ICD-9-CM tab under Tools2004 Natl Cent Health Statv. 1. Diseases, tabular list -- v. 2. Diseases, alphabetic index.
- Introduction -- Physical activity and adherence -- Improving dietary adherence -- Medication adherence -- Smoking cessation and adherence -- Cancer screening adherence -- Hormonal contraceptives and adherence -- Chronic pain and adherence -- Adherence and psychotherapy -- Adherence to treatment for depression -- Adherence in the treatment of HIV and other infectious diseases -- Adherence and substance use -- Special considerations of medication adherence in childhood and adolescence -- Special considerations of adherence in older adults.
- Public member, researcher, and public sociologist -- How licensure became a medical institution -- The Federal bureaucracy starts a public dialogue -- The state, the media, and the shaping of public opinion -- Rhetorics of law, medicine, and public interest shape board work -- Medical and legal discourses in investigatory committees -- Hearing and sanction deliberations : transparency and fact construction issues -- Democratic deliberation and public interest.
- Instant workups-- a clinical guide to medicine. 1st ed. 2008ClinicalKey
- Integrated care in psychiatry redefining the role of mental health professionals in the medical setting 2014SpringerIntegrated Care in Psychiatry: Redefining the Role of Mental Health Professionals in the Medical Setting is a landmark title in the field, offering a clear, detailed, and cohesive call by leading experts for coordinated care for patients with concurrent psychiatric and medical conditions. The renowned editors and authors argue that what is slowly occurring, and greatly needed at a faster pace, is nothing less than a sea change in the way that psychiatric care will be delivered. The current, mostly segregated, medical and psychiatric model of care has led to the development of competing medical and psychiatric subcultures that have resulted in a lack of dialog among health providers, administrators, and payers -- and thus in less than optimal patient outcomes. To remedy this problem, the book offers a practical, insightful road map to achieving the central tenet of health reform truly coordinated, patient-centered care where the care experience for the patient, the medical care itself, and the cost outcomes improve as the system changes from fee-for-service to population-based health. An invaluable reference for all clinicians, policy makers, payers, administrators, and others interested in the debate surrounding healthcare systems, Integrated Care in Psychiatry: Redefining the Role of Mental Health Professionals in the Medical Setting is a major contribution to the literature and a gold standard resource.
- International classification of diseases, 9th revision, clinical modification ICD-9-CM.. 4th ed-Ovid, Click on ICD-9-CM tab under Tools2004 Natl Cent Health Statv. 1. Diseases, tabular list -- v. 2. Diseases, alphabetic index.
- Introduction to toxicology 2014SpringerThis book provides a readable introduction to modern toxicology with a particular focus on the mechanisms underlying the induction of toxicity by foreign substances. Since bioactivation is central to many toxic syndromes, special interest is devoted to chemicals that undergo conversion to toxic metabolites that induce toxic effects as diverse as cancer, birth defects and organ injury. The molecular consequences accompanying damage to cellular DNA and proteins is explored together with the relevance of toxicological paradigms to human diseases caused by alcohol and tobacco. The discipline of toxicology has developed rapidly since the thalidomide disaster in the 1960?s as scientists worldwide seek to understand the adverse health effects of human medicines, environmental pollutants, consumer chemicals and industrial reagents. An Introduction to Toxicology is intended to supplement the recommended reading list of undergraduate and graduate programs in toxicology and pharmacology as an enjoyable, accessible primer with illustrations that "unpack" the concepts being discussed in the text.
- It's great! oops, no it isn't why clinical research can't guarantee the right medical answers 2009Springer
- Kumar & Clark's Clinical medicine. 8th ed. 2012ClinicalKeyNew to this edition: New chapter on palliative medicine. Five times the number of margin clinical photos. New echocardiography images. Double the number of dermatological images; including all the major lesion morphologies covered in a single page. 16 new authors. New sections on protein synthesis, energy production and stem cells. New members of the International Advisory Board from India, South Africa, Poland and the Middle East. 7 new chapters from the International Advisory Board. Animated practical procedures, including lumbar puncture, central venous and bladder catheterization, arterial cannulation etc.
- Lange Self-assessment toolAccessMedicine, Stanford users must registerAccess to 3000+ exam questions.
- Lasers in medicine 2002CRCnetBASE
- Life after residency a career planning guide 2009Springer
- Lists of doctors/hospitals abroadUS Dept State
- "The purpose of medical education is to benefit patients by improving the work of doctors. Patient centeredness is a centuries old concept in medicine, but there is still a long way to go before medical education can truly be said to be patient centered. Ensuring the centrality of the patient is a particular challenge during medical education, when students are still forming an identity as trainee doctors, and conservative attitudes towards medicine and education are common amongst medical teachers, making it hard to bring about improvements. How can teachers, policy makers, researchers and doctors bring about lasting change that will restore the patient to the heart of medical education? The authors, experienced medical educators, explore the role of the patient in medical education in terms of identity, power and location. Using innovative political, philosophical, cultural and literary critical frameworks that have previously never been applied so consistently to the field, the authors provide a fundamental reconceptualisation of medical teaching and learning, with an emphasis upon learning at the bedside and in the clinic. They offer a wealth of practical and conceptual insights into the three-way relationship between patients, students and teachers, setting out a radical and exciting approach to a medical education for the future." --Publisher description.
- Medical English 2006Springer
- "This book arrives at a time of heightened concerns about patient safety in medical care and the overall responsibility assumed by health professionals. It begins by exploring experiences of error and harm in general, and it covers medical errors that can be attributed to system failures and errors in an individual's reasoning, subsequent decision-making, and execution of tasks in medical care. It focuses on how to detect, correct, and avoid errors and their sometimes disastrous consequences. The book concludes with an analysis of the contributions and expectations of physicians in tort litigation and legal decision-making"--Provided by publisher.
- Medical error and patient safety human factors in medicine 2008CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- General concepts -- Medical services -- Medical devices -- Analysis -- Human factors -- Management errors -- Communications -- Drug delivery.
- Medical ethics manual. 2nd ed. 2009WMA, Scroll to bottom of page for download options.1. Principal Features of Medical Ethics -- 2. Physicians and Patients -- 3. Physicians and Society -- 4. Physicians and Colleagues -- 5. Medical Research -- 6. Conclusion.
- Medical sciences. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyAn integrated approach to teaching basic sciences and clinical medicine has meant that medical students have been driven to a range of basic science textbooks to find relevant information. Medical Sciences is designed to do the integration for you. In just one book, the diverse branches of medical science are synthesised into the appropriate systems of the human body, making this an invaluable aid to approaching the basics of medicine within in a clinical context. Highly illustrated with clear, full-colour line drawings and colour photos. Information boxes throughout, giving more specific detail of research findings, drug mechanisms, etc. Clinical boxes throughout, demonstrating the clinical relevance of the science. Interactive features of the StudentConsult e-book (PIN access in your print copy) 5 slideshows 34 test yourself 4 slideshow test yourself 3 hotspots 2 guided tours 6 slidelines 435 MCQs (end-of-chapter quizzes and Assessment chapter in e-book)
- "This is a complete and self-contained course in modern medical terminology. It is suitable for all students of the health occupations who will have a need to communicate with physicians, dentists, and other medical professionals. Little prior knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology is required."
- Medical wisdom in the twenty-first century -- Caring for the patient -- Clinical dialogue and communication -- The art of clinical diagnosis -- Disease management and prevention -- Caring for dying patients and their families -- Masking a living as a clinician -- Staying up to date -- Mentoring tomorrow's physicians -- About your family and community -- Caring for you, the physician -- Ethics, credibility, and trust -- Planning for tomorrow -- Wise physicians, twenty-first century challenges, and doctoring.
- Getting Started in Medical Writing -- Basic Writing Skills -- From Page One to the End -- Technical Issues in Medical Writing -- What's Special About Medical Writing? -- How to Write a Review Article -- Case Reports, Editorials, Letters to the Editor, Book Reviews, and Other Publication Models -- Writing Book Chapters and Books -- How to Write a Research Protocol -- How to Write a Grant Proposal -- How to Write a Report of a Clinical Study -- Getting Your Writing Published.
- Medicine and business a practitioner's guide 2014SpringerHealthcare and Business -- Leadership and Governance -- Revenue Cycle -- Financial Definitions and Variances -- Income Statement -- Balance Sheet -- Statement of Cash Flows -- Financial Ratios -- Budgeting and Variance Analysis -- Strategic Planning and Business Planning -- Healthcare Insurance -- Managed Care -- Payment Methods -- Corporation and Hospital Structures -- Physician Employment and Compensation -- Medical Business Law and Regulations -- New Government Initiatives.
- Merriam-Webster's Medical dictionary 2007-NLM
- Molecular interventions in lifestyle related diseases 2006CRCnetBASE
- Multidisciplinary approaches to theory in medicine 2006ScienceDirect
- My NCBI help documentation 2005NCBI Bookshelf"This book contains information on how to use My NCBI, a tool developed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) that replaces a previous feature called Cubby. This documentation is part of a growing collection of searchable help documents being produced for several resources available at NCBI."
- Mystery of yawning in physiology and disease 2010KargerThe first complete and authoritative book on yawning.
- Optimization in medicine 2008Springer
- Print Materialv. 1. -- section 1. On being a patient -- section 2. Modern medicine: foundations, achievements, and limitations -- section 3. Global patterns of disease and medical practice -- section 4. Cell biology -- section 5. Immunological mechanisms -- section 6. Principles of clinical oncology -- section 7. Infection -- section 8. Sexually transmitted diseases and sexual health -- section 9. Chemical and physical injuries and environmental factors and disease -- section 10. Clinical pharmacology -- section 11. Nutrition -- section 12. Metabolic disorders -- v. 2. -- section 13. Endocrine disorders -- section 14. Medical disorders in pregnancy -- section 15. Gastroenterological disorders -- section 16. Cardiovascular disorders -- section 17. Critical care medicine -- section 18. Respiratory disorders -- section 19. Rheumatological disorders -- v. 3. -- section 20. Disorders of the skeleton -- section 21. Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- section 22. Disorders of the blood -- section 23. Disorders of the skin -- section 24. Neurological disorders -- section 25. The eye -- section 26. Psychiatry and drug related problems -- section 27. Forensic medicine -- section 28. Sports medicine -- section 29. Geratology -- section 30. Pain -- section 31. Palliative medicine -- section 32. Biochemistry in medicine -- section 33. Acute medicine.
- Passing the USMLE. Basic science 2009Springer
- Passing the USMLE. Clinical knowledge 2009Springer
- History and physical examination : art and science -- Subtleties of medical history taking -- Patient-centered interviewing -- Clinician-centered interviewing -- Evidence-based clinical decision making -- Dizziness -- Fatigue -- Fever -- Headache -- Insomnia -- Lymphadenopathy -- Night sweats -- Muscle weakness -- Weight gain -- Weight loss -- Red eye -- Ear pain -- Hearing loss -- Tinnitus -- Sore throat -- Inflammatory dermatoses (rashes) -- Pruritus -- Hair loss -- Cough -- Dyspnea -- Hemoptysis -- Chest pain -- Palpitations -- Syncope -- Edema -- Abdominal pain -- Constipation -- Diarrhea -- Dysepsia -- Dysphagia -- Acute gastrointestinal bleeding -- Jaundice -- Nausea and vomiting -- Anorectal pain -- Dysuria -- Hematuria -- Flank pain -- Erectile dysfunction -- Urinary incontinence -- Scrotal pain -- Amenorrhea -- Breast complaints -- Pelvic pain -- Vaginitis -- Abnormal vaginal bleeding -- Neck pain -- Shoulder pain -- Arm and hand pain -- Low back pain -- Buttock, hip, and thigh pain -- Knee and calf pain -- Foot and ankle pain -- Confusion -- Memory loss -- Diplopia -- Gait abnormalities -- Tremor -- Anxiety -- Depressed mood -- The case presentation.
- Pearls for leaders in academic medicine 2008Springer
- Perioperative medicine 2011SpringerRole of the Medical Consultant -- Preoperative Testing -- Perioperative Medication Management -- Perioperative Management of Anticoagulation -- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis -- Prevention of Infective Endocarditis (Bacterial Endocarditis Prophylaxis) -- Surgical Site Infection Prophylaxis -- Anesthesiology for the Nonanesthesiologist -- Abdominal Surgery -- Thoracic Surgery -- Vascular Surgery -- Orthopedic Surgery -- Neurosurgery -- Gynecologic Surgery -- Urologic Surgery -- Bariatric Surgery -- Ophthalmic Surgery -- Otolaryngologic Procedures -- Electroconvulsive Therapy -- Cardiac Disease -- Pulmonary Disease -- Endocrine Disease -- Hematologic Disease -- Cancer -- HIV -- Chronic Kidney Disease -- GI Disease -- Rheumatic Disease -- Neurological Disease -- Psychiatric Conditions -- Substance Abuse -- The Pregnant Surgical Patient -- Postoperative Fever -- Postoperative Hypertension/Hypotension -- Postoperative Arrhythmias -- Perioperative Chest Pain/Dyspnea -- Postoperative Pulmonary Complications -- Postoperative Venous Thromboembolism (DVT and PE) -- Postoperative Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid/Base Disorders -- Postoperative Renal Failure -- Anemia and Bleeding -- Postoperative Jaundice -- Postoperative Stroke and Seizures -- Postoperative Delirium -- Pain Management.
- Physician scientist's career guide 2011Springerpt. 1. Getting started as physician-scientist. -- Beginnings -- Is a physician-scientist career right for you? -- Training as a physician-scientist -- pt. 2. Launching your career as a physician-scientist. -- Getting a job -- Appointments, tenure, promotions, and sabbaticals -- Teaching -- Administration -- Research -- pt. 3. Building your career as a physician-scientist. -- Writing -- Publishing -- Grants -- Grantsmanship -- Peer review of grant applications -- Managing your team, time, and money -- Mentorship -- Lectures and presentations -- Relations with industry -- pt. 4. Parting words of advice : putting it all together. -- Balancing research, clinical activities, and family life -- Improving the physician-scientist pathway -- Concluding remarks.
- Increasingly, physicians are leveraging their medical training and expertise to pursue careers in non-traditional arenas. Their goals are diverse: · Explore consulting as a way to improve patient care· Lay the foundation for a career in academic medicine· Provide leadership in healthcare · Strengthen ties between a clinic and the community· Broaden ones experience as a medical student · As a journalist or writer, open a window onto medicine for non-experts Some physicians will pursue another degree, while others may not, in anticipation of moving into public service, business, education, law, or organized medicine. Their common ground is the desire to enhance their professional fulfillment.Drs. Urman and Ehrenfelds book features individual chapters on the wide array of non-traditional careers for physicians, each one written by an outstanding leader in medicine who him- or herself has successfully forged a unique career path. A final chapter brings together fascinating brief profiles case studies of physicians who have distinguished themselves professionally outside of traditional settings. Suitable for readers at any point in their medical career practitioners, fellows, residents, and medical students who want to explore possibilities beyond traditional medical practice, the book also sets out common-sense advice on topics such as work-life balance, mentorship, and the relationship between personality and job satisfaction.
- Power analysis for experimental research a practical guide for the biological, medical, and social sciences 2002ebraryThe conceptual underpinnings of statistical power -- Strategies for increasing statistical power -- General guidelines for conducting a power analysis -- The t-test for independent samples -- The paired t-test -- One-way between subjects analysis of variance -- One-way between subjects analysis of covariance -- One-way repeated measures analysis of variance -- Interaction effects for factorial analysis of variance -- Power analysis for more complex designs -- Other power analytic issues and resources for addressing them.
- Preparing and delivering scientific presentations a complete guide for international medical scientists 2011SpringerThe latest in Springer's "Medical English" series aimed at healthcare professionals who need English for their work but do not speak English on a day-to-day basis, this book features clear advice on a variety of topics relevant to the successful preparation and delivery of scientific presentations. It also covers a wide range of situations that may develop in the context of an international congress and includes specific chapters on important issues like dealing with questions, chairing sessions, and avoiding common pitfalls in English usage and pronunciation. Although much of the information provided will be useful for scientists of all backgrounds and nationalities, the book is aimed especially at non-native English-speaking physicians and biomedical scientists. It will be an invaluable addition to the libraries of experienced presenters as well as of those just beginning their careers in international science.--Provided by publisher.
- Primary care English 2007Springer
- Principles and practice of hospital medicine 2012AccessMedicineThe goal of the book is provide trainees, junior and senior clinicians, and other professionals with a comprehensive resource that they can use to improve care processes and performance in the hospitals that serve their communities. Includes case studies.
- Principles of medical biology v. 2-15, 1995-2004.ScienceDirect
- Print MaterialIntroduction and definitions -- Target identification and validation -- Biomarkers -- Early clinical trial design -- Pharmaceutical toxicology -- Translational science biostatistics -- Learning by experience : examples of translational processes in the cardiovascular field.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.