Books by Subject
- Sudden deaths in custody 2006SpringerMedical overview of sudden in-custody deaths / Theodore C. Chan -- The nature of sudden custodial deaths / Darrell L. Ross -- Neck holds / Gary M. Vilke -- Positional and restraint asphyxia / Tom Neuman -- Restraint stress / Elizabeth A. Laposata -- The role of illicit drug use in sudden in-custody death / Aaron B. Schneir and Richard F. Clark -- Excited delirium / Charles V. Wetli -- Riot control agents, taser, and other less lethal weapons / Christian Sloane and Gary M. Vilke -- Case analysis of restraint deaths in law enforcement and corrections / Darrell L. Ross -- Deaths in custody investigations / Vincent Dimiao -- Liability and wrongful custodial deaths / Darrell L. Ross -- Administrative implications / Darrell L. Ross.
- Conducted electrical weapons: a user's perspective / Greg Meyer -- The scientific history / Robert A. Stratbucker -- Conducted electrical weapons and resolution of use-of-force encounters / Charles Mesloh, Mark Henych, and Ross Wolf -- Nonlethal weapons: the broader context / Peter J. Cuenca and John G. McManus -- Transcutaneous muscle stimulation / James D. Sweeney -- Current flow in the human body / Dorin Panescu and Robert A. Stratbucker -- Animal studies / John G. Webster -- CEW research models: animal and human studies / Theodore C. Chan and Gary M. Vilke -- Cardiac arrhythmias / Derek J. Dosdall and Raymond E. Ideker -- Electrocardiographic effects of the CEW / Jeffrey D. Ho -- Serum and skin effects of CEW application / Jeffrey D. Ho -- Electrocardiographic effects of the CEW / Robert Reardon -- Rhabdomyolysis / Ronald Moscati and Samuel Cloud -- Effects of CEWs on respiration / Donald M. Dawes -- Neuroendocrine effects of CEWs / Donald M. Dawes and Mark W. Kroll -- Electroporation of cardiac and nerve cells / Vadim V. Fedorov, Leonid Livshitz, Geran Kostecki, and Igor R. Efimov -- Eye and head injuries / S. Robert Witherspoon, Andreas K. Lauer, and Jonathan L. Marinaro -- CEW effects with illegal stimulant intoxication / Patrick Tchou -- Alcohol and the CEW / Ronald Moscati and Jeffrey D. Ho -- Conducted electrical weapons and implantible cardiac devices / Subba Reddy Vanga, James L. Vacek. Loren Berenhom and Dhanunjaya R. Lakkireddy -- Risk management and the CEW / Greg Bingham -- The New York City experience / Michael D. White and Justin Ready -- Impact of CEW and other types of force and resistance on officer and suspect injuries / Michael R. Smith, Robert J. Kaminski, Jeffrey Rojek, Geoffrey P. Alpert, and James Mathis -- Field statistics overview / James E. Brewer and Mark W. Kroll -- Sudden in-custody death / Samuel J. Stratton -- Stimulant abuse and sudden cardiac death / Steven B. Karch -- The systemic role of illicit drugs and their toxicology / Joshua Gunn, Michael A. Evans, and M. Scott Kriger -- Excited delirium syndrome / Vincent J. M. Di Maio and Theresa G. Di Maio -- Biochemical brain markers in excited delirium deaths / Deborah C. Mash -- Sudden unexpected death in custody (SUDIC) / Charles V. Wetli -- Legal basics for the CEW -- Science and logic meet the law / Michael A. Brave -- Appendix A: Excited delirium checklist -- Appendix B: Electrocution diagnosis checklist.
- Terminal ballistics a text and atlas of gunshot wounds 2006CRCnetBASE
- Virtopsy approach 3D optical and radiological scanning and reconstruction in forensic medicine 2009CRCnetBASEA term coined by noted forensic pathologist Richard Dirnhofer, virtopsy refers to 'virtual autopsy', a modality that employs a spectrum of technologies including computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy, and 3D photogrammetry and surface scanning. This title reveals a comprehensive summary of the virtopsy procedure.
- When law and medicine meet a cultural view 2007Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.