Books by Subject
- ACP smart medicineSTAT!Ref, Limited to 1 userThis point-of-care decision support tool provides access to hundreds of evidence-based recommendations on diagnosis, therapy, prevention, screening and more. Includes AHFS DI Essentials.
- Introduction to molecular medicine -- Cardiovascular disease -- Pulmonary and critical care medicine -- Preoperative and postoperative care -- Renal disease -- Gastrointestinal disease -- Diseases of the liver and biliary system -- Hematologic disease -- Oncologic disease -- Endocrine disease and metabolic disease -- Women's health -- Men's health -- Diseases of bone and bone mineral metabolism -- Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disease -- Infectious disease -- Neurologic disease -- Geriatrics -- Palliative care -- Alcohol and substance abuse.
- Atlas of dermatology in internal medicine 2012Springer[1.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Connective Tissue Diseases / Lesliane E. Castro-Santana, José González Chávez, Jennifer Rullán, and Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes -- [2.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Pulmonary Disease / Jennifer Rullán, Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes, Annie Vaillant, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [3.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Renal Disease / Lilliam S. Chiqués Colón and Rosbel González Rivera -- [4.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Diseases / María I. Vázquez-Roque and Wilfredo E. De Jesús-Monge -- [5.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Common Endocrine Disease / Inés M. Hernández and Yanira Marrero -- [6.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Internal Malignancy and Paraneoplastic Syndromes / Zelma C. Chiesa-Fuxench, Liliana Ramírez, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [7.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Infectious Diseases / Elena Montalván Miró and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [8.] Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease / Humberto M. Guiot, Carlos G. Sánchez Sergenton, Carlos J. Sánchez Rivera, and Rosbel González Rivera -- [9.] Cutaneous Disorders in the Intensive Care Unit / Tania M. González Santiago and Jacobo M. Orenstein Cardona.
- Clinical and translational science principles of human research. 1st ed. 2009ScienceDirect2009 ClinicalKey
- Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders are central to the day-to-day practice of almost all areas of patient-centered medicine - both medical and surgical. Virtually every aspect of these disorders has experienced major developments in recent years. Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance encompasses these new findings in comprehensive reviews of both pathophysiology and clinical management. In addition, this volume offers clinical examples providing step-by-step analysis of the pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, and management of selected clinical problems. Written by the leaders in researching and treating electrolyte disorders, this reference is an invaluable resource for both the nephrologist and the non-specialist physician, or medical trainee.
- Differential diagnosis in internal medicine from symptom to diagnosis. 1st English ed. 2007Thieme Book
- Dual energy CT in oncology 2015SpringerThe aim of this book is fourfold: to describe the basic principles of Dual Energy CT (DECT) imaging, to explain how post-processing is utilized, to critically appraise the strengths and weaknesses of the technique in oncologic imaging, and above all, to demonstrate the contribution of DECT in the management of oncologic patients. Information is provided on the practice and interpretation of DECT and its impact on clinical decision making in a variety of oncological settings, including tumors of the head and neck, lung, liver, pancreas, gastrointestinal system, kidney, and musculoskeletal system. DECT is an innovative imaging technique in which the application of two distinct energy settings provides a transition from density-based image to spectral imaging. As detailed in this book, DECT acquisition allows the simultaneous generation of multiple datasets which enable the radiologist to address varied diagnostic problems in oncologic imaging using a multiparametric approach, having clear advantages in tumor detection, lesion characterization and evaluation of treatment response.
- Basic Research/Mechanisms -- A Historical Overview and Concepts of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Shihua Wang, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Biology of MSCs Isolated from Different Tissues / Simone Pacini -- Secretome of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Yuan Xiao ... [et al.] -- Immunomodulatory Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Related Applications / Lianming Liao, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Homing to Injured Tissues / Yaojiong Wu, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Major Signaling Pathways Regulating the Proliferation and Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Joseph D. Lamplot ... [et al.] -- MicroRNAs in Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Mohammad T. Elnakish, Ibrahim A. Alhaider, Mahmood Khan -- Genetic Modification of MSCs for Pharmacological Screening / Jie Qin, Martin Zenke -- Control of Mesenchymal Stem Cells with Biomaterials / Sandeep M. Nalluri, Michael J. Hill, Debanjan Sarkar -- Clinical Translation -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Cardiovascular Disease / Wei Wu, Shuyang Zhang -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Therapy for Graft Versus Host Disease: What Have We Learned? / Partow Kebriaei ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Liver Disease / Feng-chun Zhang -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Bone Repair / Hongwei Ouyang, Xiaohui Zou, Boon Chin Heng, Weiliang Shen -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Diabetes and Related Complications / Vladislav Volarevic, Majlinda Lako, Miodrag Stojkovic -- Mesenchymal Stromal Cell (MSC) Therapy for Crohn's Disease / Jignesh Dalal -- The Summary of Stroke and Its Stem Cell Therapy / Renzhi Wang ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus / Lingyun Sun -- International Regulations and Guidelines Governing Stem Cell Based Products -- Considerations of Quality Control Issues for the Mesenchymal Stem Cells-Based Medicinal Products / Bao-Zhu Yuan ... [et al.] -- Regulations/Ethical Guidelines on Human Adult/Mesenchymal Stem Cell Clinical Trial and Clinical Translation / Xiaomei Zhai, Renzong Qiu.
- Fine arts, neurology, and neuroscience. Neuro-historical dimensions. First edition. [1st ed.] 2013ScienceDirectPart 1. Early artistic contributions to the neurosciences -- part 2. Neuroscientists with artistic talents and artists on the neurosciences -- part 3. Some great artists and their neurological disorders.
- Goldman's Cecil medicine. 24th ed. 2012ScienceDirectSocial and ethical issues in medicine -- Principles of evaluation and management -- Preventive and environmental issues -- Aging and geriatric medicine -- Clinical pharmacology -- Genetics -- Principles of immunology and inflammation -- Cardiovascular disease -- Respiratory diseases -- Critical care medicine -- Renal and genitourinary diseases -- Gastrointestinal diseases -- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts -- Hematologic diseases -- Oncology -- Metabolic diseases -- Nutritional diseases -- Endocrine diseases -- Women's health -- Diseases of bone and mineral metabolism -- Diseases of allergy and clinical immunology -- Rheumatic diseases -- Infectious diseases -- HIV and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- Neurology -- Eye, ear, nose, and throat diseases -- Medical consultation -- Skin diseases.
- Goldman-Cecil medicine. 25th edition. 2016ClinicalKeyIn the 90 years since the first edition of the Cecil Textbook of Medicine was published, almost everything we know about internal medicine has changed. Progress in medical science is now occurring at an ever-accelerating pace, and it is doing so within the framework of transformational changes in clinical practice and the delivery of health care at individual, social, and global levels. However, we have remained true to the tradition of a comprehensive textbook of medicine that carefully explains the why (the underlying pathophysiology of disease) and the how (now expected to be evidence-based from randomized controlled trials and meta-analyses). In short-- Goldman-Cecil Medicine offers definitive, unbiased guidance on the evaluation and management of every medical condition.
- Harrison's Manual of medicine. 18th ed. 2013AccessMedicine"The authority of Harrison's in a full-color, carry-anywhere presentation, Harrison's Manual of Medicine, 18e is a distillation of the most clinically relevant content of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 18e. Presented in full color, this authoritative guide focuses on diagnosis and treatment, with an emphasis on patient care. Features Provides on-the-spot answers to common clinical problems. Completely updated to reflect the latest research and developments. Increased number of full-color illustrations"--Provided by publisher. "Similar to the prior seven editions, this new edition of the Manual, drawn from the 18th edition of HPIM, presents the key features of the diagnosis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of the major diseases that are likely to be encountered on a medical service"--Provided by publisher.
- Harrison's OnlineAccessMedicine, Latest edition onlyIncludes the complete contents of the latest online version of Harrison's Principles of internal medicine as well as updates and links to related material.
- Harrison's Online self-assessment and board review. 18th ed. 2012AccessMedicine, Users must register and sign in to take a test
- Print Material
- Print MaterialIntroduction to clinical medicine -- Cardinal manifestations and presentation of diseases -- Genetics and disease -- Regenerative medicine -- Nutrition -- Oncology and hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Bioterrorism and clinical medicine -- Disorders of the cardiovascular system -- Disorders of the respiratory system -- Critical care medicine -- Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- Disorders of the gastrointestinal system -- Disorders of the immune system, connective tissue, and joints -- Endocrinology and metabolism -- Neurologic disorders -- Poisoning, drug overdose, and envenomation -- E-chapters from international advisory editors.
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. 19th ed. 2015AccessMedicineThe most widely read textbook in the history of medicine - made more essential to practice and education by an unmatched array of multi-media content.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. Self-assessment and board review. 18th ed. / 2012AccessMedicine, Users must register and sign in to take a test
- HCV infection and cryoglobulinemia 2012SpringerHepatitis C virus infection and the role of the immune system -- Cryoglobulinemia: immunochemical characterization, serological abnormalities and histopathological changes -- Structural and genetic features, cytokines and chemokines in cryoglobulinemia -- Cellular compartments of HCV infection (and replication) -- Mechanism(s) of cryoprecipitation -- Clinical manifestations of cryoglobulinemia -- HCV infection, cryoglobulinemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas -- Therapy of cryoglobulinemia.
- High altitude human adaptation to hypoxia 2014SpringerOver the last decade the science and medicine of high altitude and hypoxia adaptation has seen great advances. High Altitude: Human Adaptation to Hypoxia addresses the challenges in dealing with the changes in human physiology and the particular medical conditions that arise from exposure to high altitude.--Excerpt from abstract.
- Internal medicine an illustrated radiological guide 2010Springer
- Allergy and clinical immunology / Stephen C. Dreskin, Henry N. Claman -- Cardiology / Simon Shakar, Ronald Zolty, JoAnn Lindenfeld -- Endocrinology, metabolism, and diabetes / Irene E. Schauer, Jane E.-B. Reusch -- Gastroenterology / William R. Brown -- Geriatrics / Laurence Robbins -- Infectious diseases / Robert T. Schooley -- Hematology and oncology / Paul Seligman -- Pulmonology / Marvin I. Schwarz -- Nephrology / Tomas Berl, Isaac Teitelbaum -- Rheumatology / Robert W. Janson.
- Medical secrets. 5th ed. 2012ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyMedical ethics / William L. Allen -- General medicine and ambulatory care / Mary P. Harward -- Medical consultation / Eric I. Rosenberg -- Cardiology / Gabriel Habib, Sr -- Vascular medicine / Timothy R. S. Harward -- Pulmonary medicine / Adriano R. Tonelli and Eloise Harman -- Gastroenterology / Rhonda A. Cole and Dang M. Nguyen -- Nephrology / Sharma S. Prabhakar -- Acid-base and electrolytes / Sharma S. Prabhakar -- Rheumatology / Roger Kornu ... [et al.] -- Allergy and immunology / Roger D. Rossen and Holly H. Birdsall -- Infectious diseases / Harrinarine Madhosingh and Frederick S. Southwick -- Aids and HIV infection / Joseph Caperna, Amy M. Sitapati, and Alfredo Tiu -- Hematology / Damian Silbermins and Ara D. Metjian -- Oncology / Teresa G. Hayes -- Endocrinology / Susan E. Spratt and Whitney W. Woodmansee -- Neurology / David B. Sommer -- Geriatrics / John Meuleman and Henrique Elias Kallas -- Palliative medicine / Leslye C. Penneypacker.
- Medicine-- a competency-based companion 2013ClinicalKey"Complete, yet concise, Medicine: A Competency-Based Companion provides the core information you need to think like an experienced clinician during your medical rotation. This handy, pocket-sized medical reference book hones in on the must-know differential diagnoses of the common medical presentations and guides you through the most up-to-date and effective approaches to treatment, equipping you to excel."--Publisher's website.
- Netter's Internal medicine. 2nd ed. 2009ClinicalKey
- Quick answers surgery 2010AccessSurgeryA diagnostic index of over 100 symptoms and signs.
- Sex and gender aspects in clinical medicine 2012Springer
- Many young, inexperienced doctors, have difficultly pinpointing a diagnosis: Is it a condition to which certain diseases could belong, or a disease definable in line with certain criteria? How can I apply my basic knowledge of diseases to a real patient? How can I find the correct diagnosis for a disease that I am seeing for the very first time? The traditional diagnostic pathways conveyed by current methods of teaching, from visual identification of the disease, knowledge of diseases, understanding of symptoms or patterns to diagnosis, leave certain diagnostic questions unanswered, especially on first experience of such a clinical pattern. Syndrome-based Approach to Diagnosis: A Practical Guide offers lecturers an alternative training concept in their teaching, which provides students with a model for self-study as well as the educational tools for learning how to think in clinical terms. It also includes a basic structured program for internal medicine at a glance in the form of decision trees that cover all major internal medicine fields. This training concept is suitable as: · A self-assessment test · A study program (self study and case-based study)· A basic program covering all the major teaching objectives in a clinical discipline· A guideline and educational framework for differential diagnosis · A collection of individual therapeutic options (with presentation of clinical cases)This book is a comprehensive educational tool ideal for medical professionals and those working within medical education.
- Print Material"Taylor's Differential Diagnosis manual is a quick-reference pocket book, written for primary care professionals who face diagnostic problems in brief office visits. It offers evidence-based guidelines on which key questions to ask and what data to obtain in order to provide sound diagnoses of common adult problems. More than 140 chapters in eighteen sections cover symptoms and signs in mental health problems, vision, ear nose and throat, cardiovascular, respiratory, urologic, female reproductive, musculoskeletal, dermatology and more. New for this edition are new chapters on abnormal mammogram, anticoagulation, bipolar disorder, corneal abrasion, dyspareunia and loss of vision as well as the latest clinical evidence and changes in clinical practice since the prior edition"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.