Books by Subject
- This point-of-care decision support tool provides access to hundreds of evidence-based recommendations on diagnosis, therapy, prevention, screening and more. Includes AHFS DI Essentials.
- 2007Andreoli, Thomas E.; Benjamin, Ivor J.; Carpenter, Charles C. J.; Cecil, Russell L.; Griggs, Robert C.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyBenjamin, Ivor J.; Carpenter, Charles C. J.; Cecil, Russell L.; Fitz, J. Gregory; Griggs, Robert C.; Wing, Edward J.Introduction to molecular medicine -- Cardiovascular disease -- Pulmonary and critical care medicine -- Preoperative and postoperative care -- Renal disease -- Gastrointestinal disease -- Diseases of the liver and biliary system -- Hematologic disease -- Oncologic disease -- Endocrine disease and metabolic disease -- Women's health -- Men's health -- Diseases of bone and bone mineral metabolism -- Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disease -- Infectious disease -- Neurologic disease -- Geriatrics -- Palliative care -- Alcohol and substance abuse.
- 2011 SpringerHui, David; Leung, Alexander K. C.; Padwal, Raj.
- 2012 SpringerSánchez, Néstor P.[1.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Connective Tissue Diseases / Lesliane E. Castro-Santana, José González Chávez, Jennifer Rullán, and Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes -- [2.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Pulmonary Disease / Jennifer Rullán, Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes, Annie Vaillant, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [3.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Renal Disease / Lilliam S. Chiqués Colón and Rosbel González Rivera -- [4.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Diseases / María I. Vázquez-Roque and Wilfredo E. De Jesús-Monge -- [5.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Common Endocrine Disease / Inés M. Hernández and Yanira Marrero -- [6.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Internal Malignancy and Paraneoplastic Syndromes / Zelma C. Chiesa-Fuxench, Liliana Ramírez, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [7.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Infectious Diseases / Elena Montalván Miró and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [8.] Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease / Humberto M. Guiot, Carlos G. Sánchez Sergenton, Carlos J. Sánchez Rivera, and Rosbel González Rivera -- [9.] Cutaneous Disorders in the Intensive Care Unit / Tania M. González Santiago and Jacobo M. Orenstein Cardona.
- 2007Gawande, Atul.The struggle to perform well is universal: each of us faces fatigue, limited resources, and imperfect abilities in whatever we do. But nowhere is this drive to do better more important than in medicine, where lives are on the line with every decision. Author Gawande explores how doctors strive to close the gap between best intentions and best performance in the face of obstacles that sometimes seem insurmountable. Gawande's stories take us to battlefield surgical tents in Iraq, to labor and delivery rooms in Boston, to a polio outbreak in India, and to malpractice courtrooms around the country. He discusses the ethical dilemma of lethal injections, examines the influence of money on modern medicine, and recounts the contentious history of hand washing. And he gives us an inside look at his own life as a practicing surgeon, offering a firsthand account of a field where mistakes are both unavoidable and unthinkable.--From publisher description.
- 2014 OvidBrateanu, Andrei; Buccola, Janet; Nielsen, Craig; Stoller, James K.Section I. Multidisciplinary skills for the internet -- Section II. Infectious disease -- Section III. Hermatology and medical oncology -- Section IV. Rheumatology -- Section V. Pulmonary and critical care medicine -- Section VI. Endocrinology -- Section VII. Nephrology and hypertension -- Section VIII. Gastroenterology -- Section IX. Cardiology.
- 2009 ScienceDirect2009 ClinicalKeyRobertson, David; Williams, Gordon H.
- v. 1, 1978.Hamburger, Joel I.v. 1. Thyroid disease.
- 2013 SpringerMount, David B.; Sayegh, Mohamed H.; Singh, Ajay.Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders are central to the day-to-day practice of almost all areas of patient-centered medicine - both medical and surgical. Virtually every aspect of these disorders has experienced major developments in recent years. Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance encompasses these new findings in comprehensive reviews of both pathophysiology and clinical management. In addition, this volume offers clinical examples providing step-by-step analysis of the pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, and management of selected clinical problems. Written by the leaders in researching and treating electrolyte disorders, this reference is an invaluable resource for both the nephrologist and the non-specialist physician, or medical trainee.
- 2009 SpringerDourmishev, Lyubomir A.; Durmishev, Assen.
- 2007 Thieme BookSiegenthaler, Walter.
- 2013 SpringerZhao, Robert Chunhua.Basic Research/Mechanisms -- A Historical Overview and Concepts of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Shihua Wang, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Biology of MSCs Isolated from Different Tissues / Simone Pacini -- Secretome of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Yuan Xiao ... [et al.] -- Immunomodulatory Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Related Applications / Lianming Liao, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Homing to Injured Tissues / Yaojiong Wu, Robert Chunhua Zhao -- Major Signaling Pathways Regulating the Proliferation and Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Joseph D. Lamplot ... [et al.] -- MicroRNAs in Mesenchymal Stem Cells / Mohammad T. Elnakish, Ibrahim A. Alhaider, Mahmood Khan -- Genetic Modification of MSCs for Pharmacological Screening / Jie Qin, Martin Zenke -- Control of Mesenchymal Stem Cells with Biomaterials / Sandeep M. Nalluri, Michael J. Hill, Debanjan Sarkar -- Clinical Translation -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Cardiovascular Disease / Wei Wu, Shuyang Zhang -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Therapy for Graft Versus Host Disease: What Have We Learned? / Partow Kebriaei ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Liver Disease / Feng-chun Zhang -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Bone Repair / Hongwei Ouyang, Xiaohui Zou, Boon Chin Heng, Weiliang Shen -- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Diabetes and Related Complications / Vladislav Volarevic, Majlinda Lako, Miodrag Stojkovic -- Mesenchymal Stromal Cell (MSC) Therapy for Crohn's Disease / Jignesh Dalal -- The Summary of Stroke and Its Stem Cell Therapy / Renzhi Wang ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus / Lingyun Sun -- International Regulations and Guidelines Governing Stem Cell Based Products -- Considerations of Quality Control Issues for the Mesenchymal Stem Cells-Based Medicinal Products / Bao-Zhu Yuan ... [et al.] -- Regulations/Ethical Guidelines on Human Adult/Mesenchymal Stem Cell Clinical Trial and Clinical Translation / Xiaomei Zhai, Renzong Qiu.
- Examination preparation and subject review for USMLE Step 1 (9000+ questions), USMLE Step 2 (5000+ questions), and USMLE Step 3 (3000+ questions), among others. Certification Review aids cover Family Practice, General Pediatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and SPEX. Students can create self-study exams in a variety of subjects.
- 2013 ScienceDirectBogousslavsky, Julien; Boller, François; Finger, Stanley; Zaidel, Dahlia W.Part 1. Early artistic contributions to the neurosciences -- part 2. Neuroscientists with artistic talents and artists on the neurosciences -- part 3. Some great artists and their neurological disorders.
- 2012Halvorson, Elizabeth Eby; Hwang, William L.; Krause, Kendall; Le, Tao.Mirrors the table of contents of First aid for the USMLE step 1. Delivers single-source coverage of the entire second year of medical school. Covers the high-yield topics and facts tested on the USMLE. Provides a practical framework for understanding the anatomy, physiology, pathohysiology, and pharmacology of each human organ system.--excerpt from publisher notes.
- 2006Kaufman, Matthew S.; McFarlane, Samy I.; Stead, Latha G.; Stead, S. Matthew.
- 2010Kaufman, Matthew S.; Rusovici, Arthur; Stead, Latha G.Section I. How to succeed in the medicine clerkship -- Section II. High-yield facts in internal medicine -- Cardiology -- Endocrinology -- Hematology-oncology -- Infectious disease -- Nephrology and acid-base disorders -- Pulmonology -- Rheumatology -- Neurology -- Dermatology -- Health maintenance and evidence-based medicine -- Section III. Classified: Awards and opportunities for students interested in medicine.
- 2013 SpringerPrasad, Kameshwar.This is a basic book on evidence-based medicine (EBM). It starts with an introduction to the topic. It outlines the relationship between EBM and research and quality of care. Then It goes on to cover the most commonly used modules of EBM, i.e. therapy, diagnosis, prognosis and meta-analysis. Each module starts with an introduction to fundamental concepts, and description of the related research process, and then follows the critical appraisal of related type of research artcle. At the end, it covers the different systems of grading of level of evidence and strength of recommendations. The book also has three examples of critical appraisal on diagnosis, therapy, and meta-analysis.
- 2012 Thieme BookSteffers, Gabriele; Credner, Susanne.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyCecil, Russell L.; Goldman, Lee; Schafer, Andrew I.In the 90 years since the first edition of the Cecil Textbook of Medicine was published, almost everything we know about internal medicine has changed. Progress in medical science is now occurring at an ever-accelerating pace, and it is doing so within the framework of transformational changes in clinical practice and the delivery of health care at individual, social, and global levels. However, we have remained true to the tradition of a comprehensive textbook of medicine that carefully explains the why (the underlying pathophysiology of disease) and the how (now expected to be evidence-based from randomized controlled trials and meta-analyses). In short-- Goldman-Cecil Medicine offers definitive, unbiased guidance on the evaluation and management of every medical condition.
- 2012 ScienceDirectCecil, Russell L.; Goldman, Lee; Schafer, Andrew I.Social and ethical issues in medicine -- Principles of evaluation and management -- Preventive and environmental issues -- Aging and geriatric medicine -- Clinical pharmacology -- Genetics -- Principles of immunology and inflammation -- Cardiovascular disease -- Respiratory diseases -- Critical care medicine -- Renal and genitourinary diseases -- Gastrointestinal diseases -- Diseases of the liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts -- Hematologic diseases -- Oncology -- Metabolic diseases -- Nutritional diseases -- Endocrine diseases -- Women's health -- Diseases of bone and mineral metabolism -- Diseases of allergy and clinical immunology -- Rheumatic diseases -- Infectious diseases -- HIV and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- Neurology -- Eye, ear, nose, and throat diseases -- Medical consultation -- Skin diseases.
- v. 1-6, 1911-19. Google BooksFulltext (v. 2 1914) Google BooksFulltext (v. 4 1912) Google BooksFulltext (v. 5 1912) Google BooksFulltext (v. 6 1919) Google BooksMohr, L.; Staehelin, Rudolf.Also available: Print – v. 1-6, 1911-19.
- 2013 AccessMedicineFauci, Anthony S.; Harrison, Tinsley Randolph; Longo, Dan L."The authority of Harrison's in a full-color, carry-anywhere presentation, Harrison's Manual of Medicine, 18e is a distillation of the most clinically relevant content of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 18e. Presented in full color, this authoritative guide focuses on diagnosis and treatment, with an emphasis on patient care. Features Provides on-the-spot answers to common clinical problems. Completely updated to reflect the latest research and developments. Increased number of full-color illustrations"--Provided by publisher. "Similar to the prior seven editions, this new edition of the Manual, drawn from the 18th edition of HPIM, presents the key features of the diagnosis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of the major diseases that are likely to be encountered on a medical service"--Provided by publisher.
- 2009Fauci, Anthony S.; Harrison, Tinsley Randolph.
- Braunwald, Eugene; Fauci, Anthony S.; Harrison, Tinsley Randolph; Kasper, Dennis L.Includes the complete contents of the latest online version of Harrison's Principles of internal medicine as well as updates and links to related material.
- 2012 AccessMedicine, Users must register and sign in to take a testBrown, Cynthia D.; Harrison, Tinsley Randolph; Hemnes, Anna R.; Wiener, Charles M.
- 2012 AccessMedicine, Users must register and sign in to take a testBrown, Cynthia D.; Harrison, Tinsley Randolph; Hemnes, Anna R.; Wiener, Charles M.
- 2008Bloomfield, G. T.; Harrison, Tinsley Randolph; Wiener, Charles M.
- v. 1-2, 2008.Fauci, Anthony S.; Harrison, Tinsley Randolph.Introduction to clinical medicine -- Cardinal manifestations and presentation of diseases -- Genetics and disease -- Regenerative medicine -- Nutrition -- Oncology and hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Bioterrorism and clinical medicine -- Disorders of the cardiovascular system -- Disorders of the respiratory system -- Critical care medicine -- Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- Disorders of the gastrointestinal system -- Disorders of the immune system, connective tissue, and joints -- Endocrinology and metabolism -- Neurologic disorders -- Poisoning, drug overdose, and envenomation -- E-chapters from international advisory editors.
- 2015 AccessMedicineFauci, Anthony S.; Harrison, Tinsley Randolph; Hauser, Stephen L.; Jameson, J. Larry; Kasper, Dennis L.; Longo, Dan L.; Loscalzo, Joseph.The most widely read textbook in the history of medicine - made more essential to practice and education by an unmatched array of multi-media content.Also available: Print – v. 1-2, 2015
- 2012 AccessMedicineHarrison, Tinsley Randolph; Longo, Dan L.Introduction to clinical medicine -- Cardinal manifestations and presentation of diseases -- Genes, the environment, and disease -- Regenerative medicine -- Aging -- Nutrition -- Oncology and hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Terrorism and clinical medicine -- Disorders of the cardiovascular system -- Disorders of the respiratory system -- Critical care medicine -- Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- Disorders of the gastrointestinal system -- Disorders of the joints and adjacent tissues -- Endocrinology and metabolism -- Neurologic disorders -- Poisoning, drug overdose, and envenomation -- High-altitude and decompression sickness.Also available: Print – v. 1-2., 2012
- 2012 SpringerDammacco, Franco.Hepatitis C virus infection and the role of the immune system -- Cryoglobulinemia: immunochemical characterization, serological abnormalities and histopathological changes -- Structural and genetic features, cytokines and chemokines in cryoglobulinemia -- Cellular compartments of HCV infection (and replication) -- Mechanism(s) of cryoprecipitation -- Clinical manifestations of cryoglobulinemia -- HCV infection, cryoglobulinemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas -- Therapy of cryoglobulinemia.
- 2014 SpringerBärtsch, Peter; Swenson, Erik R.Over the last decade the science and medicine of high altitude and hypoxia adaptation has seen great advances. High Altitude: Human Adaptation to Hypoxia addresses the challenges in dealing with the changes in human physiology and the particular medical conditions that arise from exposure to high altitude.--Excerpt from abstract.
- Fred, Herbert L.; Van Dijk, Hendrik A.
- 2010 SpringerAl-Tubaikh, Jarrah Ali.
- 2007 OvidSchrier, Robert W.Allergy and clinical immunology / Stephen C. Dreskin, Henry N. Claman -- Cardiology / Simon Shakar, Ronald Zolty, JoAnn Lindenfeld -- Endocrinology, metabolism, and diabetes / Irene E. Schauer, Jane E.-B. Reusch -- Gastroenterology / William R. Brown -- Geriatrics / Laurence Robbins -- Infectious diseases / Robert T. Schooley -- Hematology and oncology / Paul Seligman -- Pulmonology / Marvin I. Schwarz -- Nephrology / Tomas Berl, Isaac Teitelbaum -- Rheumatology / Robert W. Janson.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2007Alguire, Patrick C.
- 2009Alguire, Patrick C.
- v. 1-2, 1921. Google BooksFulltext (v. 2 1921) Google BooksMering, J. von; Camp, O. de la.Also available: Print – v. 1-2, 1921.
- 2007Patel, Yashesh; Goldlist, Barry J.Cardiology -- Skin -- Endocrinology -- Gastroenterology -- Hematology -- Oncology -- Diseases of the nervous system -- Kidneys -- Muscles and joints -- Infection -- Immunology and allergy -- Diseases of the respiratory system -- Clinical pharmacology -- Comprehensive review.
- Gilbert, Nicolas A.; Loeper, M.1. Enfermedades infecciosas y diatésicas. Intoxicaciones. Enfermedades de la sangre / [por C. Doptor, ... et al.] -- 2. Enfermedades del aparato respiratorio. Enfermedades del aparato circulatorio / por M. Loeper ... [et al.].Also available: Print – v. 2., 1916-
- MedEssentials for the USMLE step 1 : high-yield review for first-and second-year medical students. 3rd ed.2010Manley, Leslie D.; Manley, Michael.General principles -- Behavioral science -- Biochemistry -- Molecular biology, genetics, and cell biology -- Immunology -- Microbiology -- Embryology -- Physiology -- Pathology -- Pharmacology/therapeutics. Organ systems -- The nervous system -- The cardiovascular system -- The respiratory system -- The renal and urinary system -- The gastrointestinal system -- The endocrine system -- The reproductive system -- The musculoskeletal system, skin, and connective tissue -- The hematologic and lymphoreticular system.
- 2012 ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyHarward, Mary P.Medical ethics / William L. Allen -- General medicine and ambulatory care / Mary P. Harward -- Medical consultation / Eric I. Rosenberg -- Cardiology / Gabriel Habib, Sr -- Vascular medicine / Timothy R. S. Harward -- Pulmonary medicine / Adriano R. Tonelli and Eloise Harman -- Gastroenterology / Rhonda A. Cole and Dang M. Nguyen -- Nephrology / Sharma S. Prabhakar -- Acid-base and electrolytes / Sharma S. Prabhakar -- Rheumatology / Roger Kornu ... [et al.] -- Allergy and immunology / Roger D. Rossen and Holly H. Birdsall -- Infectious diseases / Harrinarine Madhosingh and Frederick S. Southwick -- Aids and HIV infection / Joseph Caperna, Amy M. Sitapati, and Alfredo Tiu -- Hematology / Damian Silbermins and Ara D. Metjian -- Oncology / Teresa G. Hayes -- Endocrinology / Susan E. Spratt and Whitney W. Woodmansee -- Neurology / David B. Sommer -- Geriatrics / John Meuleman and Henrique Elias Kallas -- Palliative medicine / Leslye C. Penneypacker.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyIsrael, Jessica L.; Tunkel, Allan R."Complete, yet concise, Medicine: A Competency-Based Companion provides the core information you need to think like an experienced clinician during your medical rotation. This handy, pocket-sized medical reference book hones in on the must-know differential diagnoses of the common medical presentations and guides you through the most up-to-date and effective approaches to treatment, equipping you to excel."--Publisher's website.
- 2007Li, Jonathan Z.; Caughey, Aaron B.; Kohrt, Holbrook E.Shortness of breath -- Chest pain -- Abdominal pain -- Hormonal and electrolyte imbalance -- Preventive medicine -- Head symptoms -- Blood issues -- Swelling, musculoskeletal, and skin issues.
- 2008Bergin, James D.Allergy and immunology -- Cardiology -- Endocrinology -- Gastroenterology -- Hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Nephrology -- Oncology -- Pulmonology -- Rheumatology -- Neurology -- Pharmacology.
- 2011Bergin, James D.Allergy and immunology -- Cardiology -- Endocrinology -- Gastroenterology -- Hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Nephrology -- Oncology -- Pulmonology -- Rheumatology -- Neurology -- Pharmacology.
- 2007Young, Vincent B.; Chick, Davoren A.; Goroll, Allan H.; Kormos, William A.Chest pain -- Shock -- Coronary heart disease -- Myocardial infarction -- Heart failure -- Bradyarrhythmias -- Tachyarrhythmias -- Hypertension -- Valvular heart disease -- Vascular disease -- Syncope -- Dyspnea -- Cough -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Asthma -- Pulmonary embolism -- Interstitial lung disease -- Pleural effusions -- Lung cancer -- Acid-base disturbances -- Fluid and electrolytes -- Acute renal failure -- Chronic kidney disease -- Glomerular disease -- Nephrolithiasis -- Hematuria -- Fever and rash -- Pneumonia -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Urinary tract infections -- Tuberculosis -- Gastroenteritis -- Infective endocarditis -- Meningitis -- HIV part I: primary care of the HIV-infected patient -- HIV part II: prophylaxis and treatment of opportunistic infections in HIV -- Abdominal pain -- Diarrhea -- Peptic ulcer disease and gastritis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Hepatitis -- Cirrhosis -- Cholestatic liver disease -- Pancreatitis -- Colorectal cancer -- Weight loss -- Hyperthyroidism -- Hypothyroidism -- Diabetes mellitus -- Hypercalcemia -- Diseases of the adrenal gland -- Pituitary disease -- Nutritional disorders -- Dyslipidemia -- Acute monoarticular arthritis -- Low back pain -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Seronegative spondyloarthropathies -- Connective tissue diseases -- Vasculitis -- Amyloidosis -- Anemia -- Hemolytic anemia -- Adenopathy -- Bleeding disorders -- Breast cancer -- Prostate cancer -- Leukemia/lymphoma -- Complications of cancer therapy -- Paraneoplastic disorders.
- Pt. A, (bk. 1-6) - Pt. B, (bk. 1-6)., 2006Alguire, Patrick C.; Epstein, Paul E.pt. A: Bk. 1. Foundations of internal medicine. Bk. 2. Cardiovascular medicine. Bk. 3. Gastroenterology and hepatology. Bk. 4 Rheumatology. Bk. 5. Neurology. Bk. 6. Hematology and oncology -- pt. B: Bk. 1. Infectious disease. Bk. 2. Pulmonary and critical care medicine. Bk. 3. General internal medicine. Bk. 4. Endocrinology and metabolism. Bk. 5. Nephrology. Bk. 6. Cumulative index.
- v. 1-12, 2009.Alguire, Patrick C.[v.1] Cardiovascular medicine -- [v. 2] Gastroenterology and hepatology -- [v. 3] Hematology and oncology -- [v. 4] Neurology -- [v. 5] Rheumatology -- [v. 6] Dermatology -- [v. 7] Endocrinology and metabolism -- [v. 8] General internal medicine -- [v. 9] Infectious disease -- [v. 10] Nephrology -- [v. 11] Pulmonary and critical care medicine -- [v. 12] Cumulative Index.
- Pt. A: v. 1-6; Pt. B: v. 7-12, 2012.Alguire, Patrick C.Part A -- [v. 1] Cardiovascular medicine -- [v. 2] Dermatology -- [v. 3] Gastroenterology and hepatology -- [v. 4] Hematology and oncology -- [v. 5] Neurology -- [v. 6] Rheumatology -- [v. 7] Endocrinology and metabolism -- [v. 8] General internal medicine -- [v. 9] Infectious disease -- [v. 10] Nephrology -- [v. 11] Pulmonary and critical care medicine -- [v. 12] Cumulative index.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyGreganti, M. Andrew; Netter, Frank H.; Runge, Marschall Stevens.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2008Wolfsthal, Susan D.
- 2012Wolfsthal, Susan D.
- v. 1-8, 11-15, 22, 1920-24Garnier, M.; Roger, Henri; Teissier, Pierre Joseph; Widal, Fernand.Fascicule 1. Maladies infectieuses -- Fascicule 2. Maladies infectieuses (suite) -- Fascicule 3. Maladies infectieuses (suite -- Fascicule 4. Maladies infectieuses (suite) et parasitaires -- Fascicule 5. Maladies infectieuses et parasitaires (fin) Le cancer -- Fascicule 6. Intoxications -- Fascicule 7. Avitaminoses : Maladies par agents physiques : troubles de la nutrition -- Fascicule 8. Pathologie des glandes endocrines : troubles du développement -- Fascicule 9. Affections du sang et des organes hématopoīétiques -- Fascicule 10. Pathologie de l'appareil circulatoire (coeur et vaisseaux) Tome I-III (1933) -- Fascicule 11. Pathologie de l'appareil respiratoire (Nez - Larynx - Trachée - Bronches - Poumons) -- Fascicule 12. Pathologie de l'appareil respiratoire (suite) -- Fascicule 13. Appareil digestif (bouche, pharynx, oesophage, estomac) -- Fascicule 14. Appareil digestif (intestin) -- Fascicule 15. Glandes salivaires. Pancréas et péritoine -- Fascicule 16. Pathologie du foie et des voies biliaires -- Fascicule 17. Pathologie des reins. Hémoglobinurie -- Fascicule 18. Pathologie du système nerveux (Sémiologie générale) -- Fascicule 19. Pathologie du cerveau et du cervelet -- Fascicule 20. Pathologie du systeme nerveux (Bulbe, nerfs, craniens, méninges, moelle) -- Fascicule 21. Nerfs. Sympathique. Névroses -- Fascicule 22. Muscles, os et articulations.Also available: Print – v. 9-10, 16-21, ?-1935.
- 2002 OvidRoy, Frederick Hampton.Also available: Print – 2002
- 2010 AccessSurgeryDoherty, Gerard M.A diagnostic index of over 100 symptoms and signs.
- 2012 SpringerOertelt-Prigione, Sabine; Regitz-Zagrosek, Vera.
- 2012 AccessMedicineDwamena, Francesca C.; Fortin, Auguste H.; Frankel, Richard M.; Smith, Robert C.The Medical Interview -- Data-Gathering and Relationship-Building Skills -- The Beginning of the Interview: Patient-Centered Interviewing -- Symptom-Defining Skills -- The Middle of the Interview: Clinician-Centered Interviewing -- Step 11: The End of the Interview -- Adapting the Interview to Different Situations and Other Practical Issues -- The Clinician-Patient Relationship -- Summarizing and Presenting the Patient's Story.
- 2013 SpringerBenenson, E. V.Many young, inexperienced doctors, have difficultly pinpointing a diagnosis: Is it a condition to which certain diseases could belong, or a disease definable in line with certain criteria? How can I apply my basic knowledge of diseases to a real patient? How can I find the correct diagnosis for a disease that I am seeing for the very first time? The traditional diagnostic pathways conveyed by current methods of teaching, from visual identification of the disease, knowledge of diseases, understanding of symptoms or patterns to diagnosis, leave certain diagnostic questions unanswered, especially on first experience of such a clinical pattern. Syndrome-based Approach to Diagnosis: A Practical Guide offers lecturers an alternative training concept in their teaching, which provides students with a model for self-study as well as the educational tools for learning how to think in clinical terms. It also includes a basic structured program for internal medicine at a glance in the form of decision trees that cover all major internal medicine fields. This training concept is suitable as: · A self-assessment test · A study program (self study and case-based study)· A basic program covering all the major teaching objectives in a clinical discipline· A guideline and educational framework for differential diagnosis · A collection of individual therapeutic options (with presentation of clinical cases)This book is a comprehensive educational tool ideal for medical professionals and those working within medical education.
- 2014Paulman, Paul M.; Taylor, Robert B."Taylor's Differential Diagnosis manual is a quick-reference pocket book, written for primary care professionals who face diagnostic problems in brief office visits. It offers evidence-based guidelines on which key questions to ask and what data to obtain in order to provide sound diagnoses of common adult problems. More than 140 chapters in eighteen sections cover symptoms and signs in mental health problems, vision, ear nose and throat, cardiovascular, respiratory, urologic, female reproductive, musculoskeletal, dermatology and more. New for this edition are new chapters on abnormal mammogram, anticoagulation, bipolar disorder, corneal abrasion, dyspareunia and loss of vision as well as the latest clinical evidence and changes in clinical practice since the prior edition"--Provided by publisher.
- 2007 OvidHarrison, Jeffrey D.; Paulman, Audrey A.; Paulman, Paul M.; Taylor, Robert B.Principles of the 10-minute diagnosis / Robert B. Taylor -- Undifferentiated problems / Richard H. Hurd -- Mental health problems / Jim Medder -- Problems related to the nervous system / Michael A. Myers -- Eye problems / Shou Ling Leong -- Ear, nose, and throat problems / Frank S. Celestino -- Cardiovascular problems / Joann E. Schaefer -- Respiratory problems / Joseph E. Scherger -- Gastrointestinal problems / Michael R. Spieker-- Renal and urologic problems / R. Whitney Curry Jr. -- Problems related to the female reproductive system / Kathryn M. Andolsek -- Musculoskeletal problems / Laeth Nasir-- Dermatologic problems / Michael L. O'Dell -- Endocrine and metabolic problems / Richard D. Blondell -- Vascular and lymphatic system problems / Gregory J. Babbe -- Laboratory abnormalities : hematology and urine determinations / Carol A. LaCroix -- Laboratory abnormalities : blood chemistry and immunology / Judith A. Fisher -- Diagnostic imaging abnormalities / Enrique S. Fernandez.Also available: Print – 2007
- De Fer, Thomas M.; Sateia, Heather F.Also available: Print – 2015
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.