Books by Subject
Internal MedicineAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- ACP smart medicine STAT!RefThis point-of-care decision support tool provides access to hundreds of evidence-based recommendations on diagnosis, therapy, prevention, screening and more. Includes AHFS DI Essentials.
- Approach to internal medicine. 3rd ed. / 2011, Springer
- Atlas of dermatology in internal medicine 2012, Springer[1.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Connective Tissue Diseases / Lesliane E. Castro-Santana, José González Chávez, Jennifer Rullán, and Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes -- [2.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Pulmonary Disease / Jennifer Rullán, Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes, Annie Vaillant, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [3.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Renal Disease / Lilliam S. Chiqués Colón and Rosbel González Rivera -- [4.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Diseases / María I. Vázquez-Roque and Wilfredo E. De Jesús-Monge -- [5.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Common Endocrine Disease / Inés M. Hernández and Yanira Marrero -- [6.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Internal Malignancy and Paraneoplastic Syndromes / Zelma C. Chiesa-Fuxench, Liliana Ramírez, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [7.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Infectious Diseases / Elena Montalván Miró and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [8.] Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease / Humberto M. Guiot, Carlos G. Sánchez Sergenton, Carlos J. Sánchez Rivera, and Rosbel González Rivera -- [9.] Cutaneous Disorders in the Intensive Care Unit / Tania M. González Santiago and Jacobo M. Orenstein Cardona.
- Clinical and translational science. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders are central to the day-to-day practice of almost all areas of patient-centered medicine - both medical and surgical. Virtually every aspect of these disorders has experienced major developments in recent years. Core Concepts in the Disorders of Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance encompasses these new findings in comprehensive reviews of both pathophysiology and clinical management. In addition, this volume offers clinical examples providing step-by-step analysis of the pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, and management of selected clinical problems. Written by the leaders in researching and treating electrolyte disorders, this reference is an invaluable resource for both the nephrologist and the non-specialist physician, or medical trainee.
- Dermatomyositis 2009, Springer
- Differential diagnosis in internal medicine. 1st English ed. 2007, Thieme Book
- Fine arts, neurology, and neuroscience. Neuro-historical dimensions. First edition. [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectPart 1. Early artistic contributions to the neurosciences -- part 2. Neuroscientists with artistic talents and artists on the neurosciences -- part 3. Some great artists and their neurological disorders.
- Harrison's Online AccessMedicine, Latest edition onlyIncludes the complete contents of the latest online version of Harrison's Principles of internal medicine as well as updates and links to related material.
- Harrison's Online self-assessment and board review. 18th ed. 2012, AccessMedicine, Users must register and sign in to take a test
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. 16th ed. v. 1-2, 2005.Print Material
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. 17th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Print MaterialIntroduction to clinical medicine -- Cardinal manifestations and presentation of diseases -- Genetics and disease -- Regenerative medicine -- Nutrition -- Oncology and hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Bioterrorism and clinical medicine -- Disorders of the cardiovascular system -- Disorders of the respiratory system -- Critical care medicine -- Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- Disorders of the gastrointestinal system -- Disorders of the immune system, connective tissue, and joints -- Endocrinology and metabolism -- Neurologic disorders -- Poisoning, drug overdose, and envenomation -- E-chapters from international advisory editors.
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. 18th ed. 2012, AccessMedicineIntroduction to clinical medicine -- Cardinal manifestations and presentation of diseases -- Genes, the environment, and disease -- Regenerative medicine -- Aging -- Nutrition -- Oncology and hematology -- Infectious diseases -- Terrorism and clinical medicine -- Disorders of the cardiovascular system -- Disorders of the respiratory system -- Critical care medicine -- Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- Disorders of the gastrointestinal system -- Disorders of the joints and adjacent tissues -- Endocrinology and metabolism -- Neurologic disorders -- Poisoning, drug overdose, and envenomation -- High-altitude and decompression sickness.
- Print Material
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. Self-assessment and board review. 17th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Harrison's Principles of internal medicine. Self-assessment and board review. 18th ed. / 2012, AccessMedicine, Users must register and sign in to take a test
- HCV infection and cryoglobulinemia 2012, Springer
- High altitude 2014, SpringerOver the last decade the science and medicine of high altitude and hypoxia adaptation has seen great advances. High Altitude: Human Adaptation to Hypoxia addresses the challenges in dealing with the changes in human physiology and the particular medical conditions that arise from exposure to high altitude.--Excerpt from abstract.
- Internal medicine 2010, Springer
- Internal medicine casebook. 3rd ed. 2007, OvidAllergy and clinical immunology / Stephen C. Dreskin, Henry N. Claman -- Cardiology / Simon Shakar, Ronald Zolty, JoAnn Lindenfeld -- Endocrinology, metabolism, and diabetes / Irene E. Schauer, Jane E.-B. Reusch -- Gastroenterology / William R. Brown -- Geriatrics / Laurence Robbins -- Infectious diseases / Robert T. Schooley -- Hematology and oncology / Paul Seligman -- Pulmonology / Marvin I. Schwarz -- Nephrology / Tomas Berl, Isaac Teitelbaum -- Rheumatology / Robert W. Janson.
- Internal medicine essentials for students 2011, STAT!Ref
- Medical secrets.. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectMedical ethics / William L. Allen -- General medicine and ambulatory care / Mary P. Harward -- Medical consultation / Eric I. Rosenberg -- Cardiology / Gabriel Habib, Sr -- Vascular medicine / Timothy R. S. Harward -- Pulmonary medicine / Adriano R. Tonelli and Eloise Harman -- Gastroenterology / Rhonda A. Cole and Dang M. Nguyen -- Nephrology / Sharma S. Prabhakar -- Acid-base and electrolytes / Sharma S. Prabhakar -- Rheumatology / Roger Kornu ... [et al.] -- Allergy and immunology / Roger D. Rossen and Holly H. Birdsall -- Infectious diseases / Harrinarine Madhosingh and Frederick S. Southwick -- Aids and HIV infection / Joseph Caperna, Amy M. Sitapati, and Alfredo Tiu -- Hematology / Damian Silbermins and Ara D. Metjian -- Oncology / Teresa G. Hayes -- Endocrinology / Susan E. Spratt and Whitney W. Woodmansee -- Neurology / David B. Sommer -- Geriatrics / John Meuleman and Henrique Elias Kallas -- Palliative medicine / Leslye C. Penneypacker.
- Quick answers surgery 2010, AccessSurgeryA diagnostic index of over 100 symptoms and signs.
- Sex and gender aspects in clinical medicine 2012, Springer
- Syndrome-based approach to diagnosis 2013, SpringerMany young, inexperienced doctors, have difficultly pinpointing a diagnosis: Is it a condition to which certain diseases could belong, or a disease definable in line with certain criteria? How can I apply my basic knowledge of diseases to a real patient? How can I find the correct diagnosis for a disease that I am seeing for the very first time? The traditional diagnostic pathways conveyed by current methods of teaching, from visual identification of the disease, knowledge of diseases, understanding of symptoms or patterns to diagnosis, leave certain diagnostic questions unanswered, especially on first experience of such a clinical pattern. Syndrome-based Approach to Diagnosis: A Practical Guide offers lecturers an alternative training concept in their teaching, which provides students with a model for self-study as well as the educational tools for learning how to think in clinical terms. It also includes a basic structured program for internal medicine at a glance in the form of decision trees that cover all major internal medicine fields. This training concept is suitable as: · A self-assessment test · A study program (self study and case-based study)· A basic program covering all the major teaching objectives in a clinical discipline· A guideline and educational framework for differential diagnosis · A collection of individual therapeutic options (with presentation of clinical cases)This book is a comprehensive educational tool ideal for medical professionals and those working within medical education.
- Print Material"Taylor's Differential Diagnosis manual is a quick-reference pocket book, written for primary care professionals who face diagnostic problems in brief office visits. It offers evidence-based guidelines on which key questions to ask and what data to obtain in order to provide sound diagnoses of common adult problems. More than 140 chapters in eighteen sections cover symptoms and signs in mental health problems, vision, ear nose and throat, cardiovascular, respiratory, urologic, female reproductive, musculoskeletal, dermatology and more. New for this edition are new chapters on abnormal mammogram, anticoagulation, bipolar disorder, corneal abrasion, dyspareunia and loss of vision as well as the latest clinical evidence and changes in clinical practice since the prior edition"--Provided by publisher.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases