Books by Subject
Information and Library Science
- Abbreviations dictionary. 10th ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Acronym finder Mt Data SystDictionary of acronyms, abbreviations, and initialisms.
- Advances in computational biology 2010, SpringerBioinformatics databases, data mining, and pattern discovery -- Microarray, gene expression analysis, and gene regulatory networks -- Protein classification & structure prediction, and computational structural biology -- Comparative sequence, genome analysis, genome assembly, and genome scale computational methods -- Drug design, drug screening, and related topics -- Computational methods and diagnostic tools in biomedical -- General topics in bioinformatics.
- Anatomy ontologies for bioinformatics 2007, SpringerExisting anatomy ontologies for human, model organisms and plants -- Anatomical ontologies for model organisms : the fungi and animals / Jonathan Bard -- Plant structure ontology (PSO) : a morphological and anatomical ontology of flowering plants / Katica Ilic, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy for clinical terminology / Alan L. Rector -- The foundational model of anatomy ontology / Cornelius Rosse and José L. V. Mejino, Jr. -- Towards a disease ontology / Paul N. Schofield, Björn Rozell, Georgios V. Gkoutos -- Engineering and linking of anatomy ontologies -- Ontology alignment and merging / Patrick Lambrix, He Tan -- COBrA and COBrA-CT : ontology engineering tools / Stuart Aitken, Yin Chen -- XSPAN : a cross-species anatomy network / Albert Burger, Jonathan Bard -- Searching biomedical literature with anatomy ontologies / Thomas Wächter, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy ontologies and spatio-temporal atlases -- Anatomical ontologies : linking names to places in biology / Richard A. Baldock, Albert Burger -- Time in anatomy / Duncan Davidson -- The Edinburgh mouse atlas / Richard Baldock, Duncan Davidson -- The smart atlas : spatial and semantic strategies for multiscale integration of brain data / Maryann E. Martone, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy ontologies : modelling principles -- Modelling principles and methodologies : relations in anatomical ontologies / Fabian Neuhaus, Barry Smith -- Modeling principles and methodologies : spatial representation and reasoning / Thomas Bittner, ... [et al.] -- CARO : the common anatomy reference ontology / Melissa A. Haendel, ... [et al.]
- Arabic manuscripts 2009, ebraryThe main sequence is comprised of approximately 200 entries dealing with almost all aspects of Arabic manuscript studies (codicology and paleography); includes appendices covering abbreviations, letterforms, såurah-headings, major reference works, and a guide to the description of manuscripts, as well as charts of major historical periods and dynasties.
- Charting a course for the 21st century 2006, NLM
- Chemoinformatics 2007, Springer
- Chicago manual of style. 15th ed. Fulltext
- Data mining and knowledge discovery handbook 2005, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Data mining methods and applications 2008, CRCnetBASEAn approach to analyzing and modeling systems for real-time decisions / John C. Brocklebank ... [et al.] -- Ensemble strategies for neural network classifiers / Paul Mangiameli and David West -- Neural network classification with uneven misclassification costs and imbalanced group sizes / Jyhshyan Lan ... [et al.] -- Data cleansing with independent component analysis / Guangyin Zeng and Mark J. Embrechts -- A multiple criteria approach to creating good teams over time / Ronald K. Klimberg, Kevin J. Boyle, and Ira Yermish -- Data mining applications in higher education / Cali M. Davis ... [et al.] -- Data mining for market segmentation with market share data : a case study approach / Illya Mowerman and Scott J. Lloyd -- An enhancement of the pocket algorithm with ratchet for use in data mining applications / Louis W. Glorfeld and Doug White -- Identification and prediction of chronic conditions for health plan members using data mining techniques / Theodore L. Perry, Stephan Kudyba, and Kenneth D. Lawrence -- Monitoring and managing data and process quality using data mining : business process management for the purchasing and accounts payable processes / Daniel E. O'Leary -- Data mining for individual consumer models and personalized retail promotions / Rayid Ghani ... [et al.] -- Data mining : common definitions, applications, and misunderstandings / Richard D. Pollack -- Fuzzy sets in data mining and ordinal classification / David L. Olson, Helen Moshkovich, and Alexander Mechitov -- Developing an associative keyword space of the data mining literature through latent semantic analysis / Adrian Gardiner -- A classification model for a two-class (new product purchase) discrimination process using multiple-criteria linear programming / Kenneth D. Lawrence ... [et al.].
- Elements of information theory. 2nd ed. 2006, Wileych. 1. Introduction and preview -- ch. 2. Entropy, relative entropy, and mutual information -- ch. 3. Asymptotic equipartition property -- ch. 4. Entropy rates of a stochastic process -- ch. 5. Data compression -- ch. 6. Gambling and data compression -- ch. 7. Channel capacity -- ch. 8. Differential entropy -- ch. 9. Gaussian channel -- ch. 10. Rate distortion theory -- ch. 11. Information theory and statistics -- ch. 12. Maximum entropy -- ch. 13. Universal source coding -- ch. 14. Kolmogorov complexity -- ch. 15. Network information theory -- ch. 16. Information theory and portfolio theory -- ch. 17. Inequalities in information theory.
- Encyclopedia of data warehousing and mining 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.v. 2 books24x7"The Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining provides a comprehensive, critical and descriptive examination of concepts, issues, trends, and challenges in this rapidly expanding field of data warehousing and mining (DWM). This encyclopedia consists of more than 350 contributors from 32 countries"--Provided by the publisher.
- Encyclopedia of information systems 2003, ScienceDirect
- Global information warfare 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of data structures and applications 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Knowledge management in public health 2010, CRCnetBASEThe quick basics of knowledge management / Jay Liebowitz -- Knowledge management and public health : a winning combination / Jay Liebowitz, Richard A. Schieber, and Joanne D. Andreadis -- Extending cross-generational knowledge flow research in edge organizations / Jay Liebowitz and Emil Ivanov -- Knowledge retention trends and strategies for knowledge workers and organizations / Masud Cader and Jay Liebowitz -- Examples of knowledge management in public health / Angela M. Fix, Sterling Elliott, and Irene Stephens -- Building knowledge management in an international health NGO / Richard Iams and Patricia Ringers -- Trying to revive an anemic system : a case study from USAID's Nutrition Division / Laura Birx -- Formulating KM strategies at the local level : a new approach to knowledge sharing in large public health organizations / Richard Van West-Charles and Arthur J. Murray -- Knowledge management : a mechanism for promoting evidence-informed public health decision making / Maureen Dobbins ... [et al.] -- myPublicHealth : utilizing knowledge management to improve public health practice and decision making / Debra Revere ... [et al.] -- Connections : sharing experience to advance public health practice / Ellen Wild and Debra Bara -- The association of public health laboratories : from surveys toward knowledge management, a voyage to Cythera / Robert Rej and Neha Desai.
- Knowledge management: learning from knowledge engineering 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Library 2020 2013, ebraryThinking about the future of libraries, librarianship and the work librarians do is as old as libraries themselves. (No doubt seminars were organized by the Alexandria Librarians Association on the future of the scroll and what to do about the rising barbarian tide.) At no time in our memory, though, have these discussions and conversations been so profound and critical. Here one of today's leading thinkers and speakers about the future of libraries brings together 30 leaders from all types of libraries and from outside librarianship to describe their vision of what the library will be in 2020. Contributors and Library Journal's The Annoyed Librarian were asked to describe the "library of 2020, "in whatever terms they wanted, either a specific library or situation or libraries in general. They were told: "be bold, be inspirational, be hopeful, be true, be provocative, be realistic, be depressing, be light-hearted, be thoughtful, be fun, be yourself, and for heaven's sake, don't be boring." Not that they could be. Broadly representative of important perspectives and aspects within the profession as well as featuring important voices beyond the professional realm, Library 2020 presents thought-provoking and illuminating visions from many points of view. It is both required reading for library leaders and trustees as well as an ideal supplemental text for LIS classes looking at the future of the profession.
- Making sense of data 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Metadata-driven software systems in biomedicine 2011, SpringerWhat Is Metadata? -- Data Types in the Medical Record -- Metadata and the Use of XML -- Representing Structured Clinical Data -- Building the User Interface for Structured Clinical Data Capture -- Medical Decision Support Systems: General Considerations -- Challenges in Electronic Decision Support Implementation -- Infrastructure for Complex Clinical Decision Support: Rule Engines -- Decision Support Infrastructure: Workflows and Service-Oriented Architectures -- Complex Decision Support in Practice -- Extending the Entity-Attribute-Value Model -- Descriptive Metadata: An Introduction to Terminologies -- Descriptive Metadata: Implementing Large-Scale Biomedical Ontologies -- Clinical Study Data Management Systems -- Data Retrieval for Heterogeneous Data Models -- Metadata for Data Warehousing -- Biomedical Metadata Standards.
- Mining software specifications 2011, CRCnetBASE1. Specification mining : a concise introduction / David Lo ... [et al.] -- 2. Mining finite-state automata with annotations / Leonardo Mariani ... [et al.] -- 3. Adapting grammar inference techniques to mine state machines / Neil Walkinshaw and Kirill Bogdanov -- 4. Mining API usage protocols from large methods traces / Michael Pradel and Thomas R. Gross -- 5. Static API specification mining : exploiting source code model checking / Mithun Acharya and Tao Xie -- 6. Static specification mining using automata-based abstractions / Eran Yahav ... [et al.] -- 7. DynaMine : finding usage patterns and their violations by mining software repositories / Benjamin Livshits and Thomas Zimmermann -- 8. Automatic inference and effective application of temporal specifications / Jinlin Yang and David Evans -- 9. Path-aware static program analyses for specification mining / Muralikrishna Ramanathan, Ananth Grama, and Suresh Jagannathan -- 10. Mining API usage specifications via searching source code from the Web / Suresh Thummalapenta, Tao Xie, and Madhuri R. Marri -- 11. Merlin : specification inference for explicit information flow problems / Benjamin Livshits ... [et al.] -- 12. Lightweight mining of object usage / Andrzej Wasylkowski and Andreas Zeller.
- Ontologies, a handbook of principles, concepts and applications in information systems. 1st ed. 2006, MyiLibrary
- Open access bibliography : 2005, Assoc Res Libr
- Oxford language dictionaries online DatabaseIncludes all of words, phrases, and translations, in French, German, Spanish and Italian from the print dictionaries. Users can search the full A-Z from both sides of the dictionary in Oxford's unabridged bilingual dictionaries: French, German, Spanish, and Italian.
- Pattern recognition algorithms for data mining 2004, CRCnetBASEMultiscale data condensation -- Unsupervised feature selection -- Active learning using support vector machine -- Rough-fuzzy case generation -- Rough-fuzzy clustering -- Rough self-organizing map -- Classification, rule generation and evaluation using modular rough-fuzzy MLP.
- "In the 1860s and 1870s, leading neurologists used animal experimentation to establish that discrete sections of the brain regulate specific mental and physical functions. These discoveries had immediate medical benefits: David Ferrier's detailed cortical maps, for example, saved lives by helping surgeons locate brain tumors and haemorrhages without first opening up the skull. These experiments both incited controversy and stimulated creative thought, because they challenged the possibility of an extra-corporeal soul. This book examines the cultural impact of neurological experiments on late Victorian Gothic romances by Robert Louis Stevenson, Bram Stoker, H. G. Wells and others. Novels like Dracula and Jekyll and Hyde expressed the deep-seated fears and visionary possibilities suggested by cerebral localization research and offered a corrective to the linearity and objectivity of late Victorian neurology"--Provided by publisher.
- Preparing for the revolution 2002, NAP
- Public health information and data 2004, NN/LM
- Research data management 2014, ebraryIt has become increasingly accepted that important digital data must be retained and shared in order to preserve and promote knowledge, advance research in and across all disciplines of scholarly endeavor, and maximize the return on investment of public funds. To meet this challenge, colleges and universities are adding data services to existing infrastructures by drawing on the expertise of information professionals who are already involved in the acquisition, management and preservation of data in their daily jobs. Data services include planning and implementing good data management practices, thereby increasing researchers' ability to compete for grant funding and ensuring that data collections with continuing value are preserved for reuse. This volume provides a framework to guide information professionals in academic libraries, presses, and data centers through the process of managing research data from the planning stages through the life of a grant project and beyond. It illustrates principles of good practice with use-case examples and illuminates promising data service models through case studies of innovative, successful projects and collaborations.
- Statistical and machine-learning data mining. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Statistical learning and data science 2012, CRCnetBASE"Data analysis is changing fast. Driven by a vast range of application domains and affordable tools, machine learning has become mainstream. Unsupervised data analysis, including cluster analysis, factor analysis, and low dimensionality mapping methods continually being updated, have reached new heights of achievement in the incredibly rich data world that we inhabit.Statistical Learning and Data Science is a work of reference in the rapidly evolving context of converging methodologies. It gathers contributions from some of the foundational thinkers in the different fields of data analysis to the major theoretical results in the domain. On the methodological front, the volume includes conformal prediction and frameworks for assessing confidence in outputs, together with attendant risk. It illustrates a wide range of applications, including semantics, credit risk, energy production, genomics, and ecology. The book also addresses issues of origin and evolutions in the unsupervised data analysis arena, and presents some approaches for time series, symbolic data, and functional data. Over the history of multidimensional data analysis, more and more complex data have become available for processing. Supervised machine learning, semi-supervised analysis approaches, and unsupervised data analysis, provide great capability for addressing the digital data deluge. Exploring the foundations and recent breakthroughs in the field, Statistical Learning and Data Science demonstrates how data analysis can improve personal and collective health and the well-being of our social, business, and physical environments. "--Provided by publisher.
- Understanding digital libraries. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Using the pharmaceutical literature 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Wireless security 2012, CRCnetBASE1. Introduction -- 2. WLAN -- 3. PDAs -- 4. Mobile phones -- 5. Bluetooth -- 6. Infrared -- 7. Security policy.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases