Books by Subject
- 3D histology evaluation of dermatologic surgery 2013SpringerIntroduction -- The Basics for Excision and Flattening -- Embedding and Sectioning -- Dividing Tumors and Topographical Orientation -- Communication with the Lab -- The Aftermath or How to Excise Until Clear Margins -- Variations for Special Locations and Large, Deep Penetrating Tumors -- How to Perform 3D Histology on Different Types of Tumors -- Terminology and Facts.
- Advances in biopreservation 2007CRCnetBASE
- Managing the laboratory / Louise Dunk -- Safety and ergonomics in the laboratory / John D. Bancroft -- Light microscopy / John D. Bancroft and Alton D. Floyd -- Fixation of tissues / Anthony Rhodes -- The gross room/surgical cut-up / S. Kim Suvarna and Christopher Layton -- Tissue processing and microarray / Lena T. Spencer, John D. Bancroft, and Wanda Grace Jones -- Microtomy : paraffin and frozen / Lena T. Spencer and John D. Bancroft -- Plastic embedding for light microscopy / Neil M. Hand -- How histological stains work / Richard W. Horobin -- The hematoxylins and eosin / John D. Bancroft and Christopher Layton -- Connective and mesenchymal tissues with their stains / John D. Bancroft and Christopher Layton -- Carbohydrates / Christopher Layton and John D. Bancroft -- Pigments and minerals / Guy E. Orchard -- Amyloid / Janet A. Gilbertson and Toby Hunt -- Microorganisms / Jeanine H. Bartlett -- Bone / Diane L. Sterchi -- Techniques in neuropathology / J. Robin Highley and Nicky Sullivan -- Immunohistochemical techniques / Peter Jackson and David Blythe -- Immunofluorescent techniques / Graeme Wild -- Immunohistochemistry quality control / Tracy Sanderson and Gregory Zardin -- Molecular pathology / Diane L. Sterchi and Caroline Astbury -- Transmission electron microscopy / Anthony E. Woods and John W. Stirling -- Quantittive data from microscopic specimens / Alton D. Floyd -- Appendix I : classical histochemical methods / John D. Bancroft and Jennifer H. Stonard -- Appendix II : applications of immunohistochemistry / Laura J. Keeling and Sherin Jos Payyappilly -- Appendix III : measurement units / Jennifer H. Stonard -- Appendix IV : preparation of solutions / Danielle Maddocks -- Appendix V : buffer solutions / Paul Samuel -- Appendix VI : solubility of some common reagents and dyes / Stuart Inglut -- Appendix VII : mounting media and slide coatings / Ann Michelle Moon -- Appendix VIII : Molecular pathology reagents / Diane L. Sterchi.
- Basic histology 2013 (13th ed.)AccessMedicine
- Color atlas of fetal and neonatal histology 2011SpringerThis book serves as a comprehensive atlas of the developmental histology of the major organs from 15 weeks gestation to the neonatal period. Each section includes text on basic embryologic processes that influence the development of each organ and highlight major histologic features that correspond with certain developmental periods. In addition, there are many color photomicrographs at key developmental stages to assist the reader in identifying appropriate histologic changes at each developmental stage. This book will be of great value to students of embryology, pathology residents and fellows, and attending pathologists who perform fetal autopsies.
- Print Material1. Introduction to histology and basic histological techniques - 2. Cytoplasm -- 3. Nucleus -- 4. Extracellular matrix -- 5. Epithelium and glands -- 6. Connective tissue -- 7. Cartilage and bone -- 8. Muscle -- 9. Nervous tissue -- 10. Blood and hemopoiesis -- 11. Circulatory system -- 12. Lymphoid (immune) system -- 13. Endocrine system -- 14. Integument -- 15. Respiratory system -- 16. Digestive system: oral cavity -- 17. Digestive system: alimentary canal -- 18. Digestive system: glands -- 19. Urinary system -- 20. Female reproductive system -- 21. Male reproductive system -- 22. Special senses.
- Comparative anatomy and histology-- a mouse and human atlas. 1st ed. 2012ScienceDirect1. Introduction / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Kathleen S. Montine -- 2. Phenotyping / Cory Brayton, Piper M. Treuting -- 3. Necropsy and Histology / Sue Knoblaugh, Julie Randolph-Habecker, Steve Rath -- 4. Mammary Gland / Robert D. Cardiff, Kimberly H. Allison -- 5. Skeletal System / Christopher Jerome, Benjamin Hoch -- 6. Nose, Sinus, Pharynx, and Larynx / Jack R. Harkema, Stephan A. Carey, James G. Wagner, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Denny Liggitt -- 7. Oral Cavity and Teeth / Piper M. Treuting, Thomas H. Morton Jr. -- 8. Salivary Glands / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 9. Respiratory / Carlos Jose Suarez, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Charles W. Frevert -- 10. Cardiovascular / Michael A. Laflamme, Manu M. Sebastian, Bernard S. Buetow -- 11. Upper Gastrointestinal Tract / Piper M. Treuting, Mark A. Valasek, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 12. Lower Gastrointestinal Tract / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 13. Liver and Gallbladder / Arlin B. Rogers, Renee Z. Dintzis -- 14. Pancreas / Suzanne M. Dintzis, Denny Liggitt -- 15. Endocrine System / Krista Marie DuBray La Perle, C. Diana Jordan -- 16. Urinary System / Piper M. Treuting, Jolanta Kowalewska -- 17. Female Reproductive System / Mara H. Rendi, Atis Muehlenbachs, Rochelle L. Garcia, Kelli L. Boyd -- 18. Male Reproductive System / Sue Knoblaugh, Lawrence True -- 19. Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues / Michael Linden, Jerrold M. Ward, Sindhu Cherian -- 20. Nervous System / Catherine E. Hagan, Brad Bolon, C. Dirk Keene -- 21. Special Senses: Eye / Piper M. Treuting, Rachel Wong, Daniel C. Tu, Isabella Phan -- 22. Special Senses: Ear / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 23. Skin and Adnexa / John P. Sundberg, Lillian B. Nanney, Philip Fleckman, Lloyd E. King.
- Concise histology. 1st ed. 2011ClinicalKeyConcise Histology is the successor to the world-renowned Bloom and Fawcett's Textbook of Histology. This major new edition focuses on the core information and skills needed by students, and presents the essential elements of the body at the cellular, tissue and systematic levels. Highly illustrated in full color, the new edition has been fully updated throughout. The introductory chapter on cell biology has been substantially expanded and a new glossary has been added to help students with unfamiliar terminology. Each chapter contains a brief section on the histophysiology of each tissue and organ, and highlighted boxes identify the diseases resulting from the malfunctioning of specific cells. At the end of each chapter a series of questions allows students to test their knowledge. EM and microscopic level photographs have been digitally enhanced to provide optimum quality images. This new edition also comes with a free CD-ROM containing over 2000 questions and answers for self-assessment and 150 text-labelled images.
- Diagnostic histopathology of tumors. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2013ClinicalKeyVol. I: Introduction -- Tumors of the heart and pericardium -- Vascular tumors -- Tumors of the upper respiratory tract -- pt. A: Nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, and nasopharynx -- pt. B: Larynx, hypopharynx, and trachea -- Tumors of the lung and pleura -- Tumors of the oral cavity -- Tumors of the salivary glands -- Tumors of the esophagus and stomach -- Tumors of the small and large intestines, including anal canal -- Tumors of the liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder -- Tumors of the exocrine pancreas -- Tumors of the urinary tract -- pt. A: Tumors of the kidney -- pt. B: Tumors of the renal pelvis and ureter -- pt. C: Tumors of the urinary bladder and urethra -- Tumors of the female genital tract -- pt. A: Ovary, fallopian tube, and broad and round ligaments -- pt. B: Endometrial tumors -- pt. C: Tumors of the placenta and gestational trophoblastic disease -- pt. D: Myometrium -- pt. E: Cervix -- pt. F: Vagina -- pt. G: Vulva -- Tumors and tumor-like conditions of the male genital tract -- pt. A: Prostate and seminal vesicles -- pt. B: Testicular neoplasms -- pt. C: Penis and scrotum -- Tumors of the peritoneum -- Vol. II: Tumors of the breast -- Tumors of the pituitary gland -- Tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands -- pt. A: The thyroid gland -- pt. B: The parathyroid gland -- Tumors of the adrenal gland -- Tumors of the endocrine pancreas -- Tumors of the lymphoreticular system, including spleen and thymus -- pt. A: The lymph node -- pt. B: The spleen -- pt. C: The thymus -- Tumors of the hematopoietic system -- Tumors of the skin -- Tumors of soft tissue -- Tumors of the osteoarticular system -- Tumors of the central nervous system -- Peripheral neuroectodermal tumors -- Tumors of the autonomic nervous system, including paraganglia -- Tumors of the eye and ocular adnexae -- Tumors of the ear -- Molecular genetic techniques in diagnosis and prognosis
- Histology & cell biology examination and board review. 5th ed. 2010AccessMedicinePt 1. Fundamental concepts -- pt 2. The four basic tissue types -- pt 3. Organs and organ systems .
- Histology and cell biology-- an introduction to pathology. Fourth edition [4th ed.]. 2016ClinicalKeyEpithelium -- Epithelial glands -- Cell signaling -- Connective tissue -- Osteogenesis -- Blood and hematopoiesis -- Muscle tissue -- Nervous tissue -- Sensory organs vision and hearing -- Immune-lymphatic system -- Integumentary system -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Urinary system -- Upper digestive system -- Lower digestive system -- Digestive glands -- Neuroendocrine system -- Endocrine system -- Spermatogenesis -- Sperm transport and maturation -- Follicle development and the menstrual cycle -- Fertilization, placentation, and lactation.
- Histology for pathologists. 3rd ed 2007Ovid
- Histology-- an identification manual 2009ClinicalKeyGetting started -- Epithelial tissue -- Connective tissue proper -- Specialized connective tissue -- Specialized connective tissue: bone -- Muscle tissue -- Nervous tissue -- Cardiovascular system -- Blood -- Respiratory system -- Lymphoid system -- Urinary system -- Endocrine system -- Male reproductive system -- Female reproductive system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Integumentary system -- Special senses.
- Histopathology of preclinical toxicity studies interpretation and relevance in drug safety evaluation. 4th ed. 2012ScienceDirect
- Covering anatomical, clinical, pathological and laboratory aspects of surgical histopathology specimens, this book relates specimen dissection and its clinical context to relevant histopathology reports, and therefore a more comprehensive patient prognosis and management is possible. This book explains pathological and clinical terminology, including a glossary of clinical request form abbreviations. A standardised step-wise approach to specimen handling is illustrated with simple line diagrams and highlights essentials of the histopathology report, relating them to appropriate specimen dissection. The integrated multidisciplinary team approach taken to the modern clinical management of patients is reflected by correlating patient presentation, diagnostic and staging investigations with histopathology specimens. Current WHO and TNM tumor classifications are referenced. This book will be of educative value and act as a reference tool for the medical undergraduate student, medical trainee in histopathology and the biomedical scientist, and as a useful aide memoire for the histopathology consultant.
- Junqueira's Basic histology 2013 (13th ed.)AccessMedicine
- Mast cells and basophils 2000ScienceDirect
- MHC protocols 2002Springer Protocols
- Netter's Essential histology. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyNetter's Essential Histology integrates gross anatomy and embryology with classic histology slides and cutting-edge scanning electron microscopy to give you a rich visual understanding of this complex subject. This histology textbook-atlas has a strong anatomy foundation and utilizes a variety of visual elements - including Netter illustrations and light and electron micrographs - to teach you the most indispensible histologic concepts and their clinical relevance. Excellent as both a reference and a review, Netter's Essential Histology will serve you well at any stage of your healthcare career. Gain a rich understanding of this vital subject through the succinct explanatory histology text. Learn to recognize both normal and diseased structures at the microscopic level with the aid of succinct explanatory text as well as numerous clinical boxes.Access the entire contents and ancillary components online at Student Consult, view images and histology slides at different magnifications, and watch new narrated video overviews of each chapter.Take your learning one step further with the purchase of Netter's Histology Flash Cards (sold separately), designed to reinforce your understanding of how the human body works in health as well as illness and injury.
- Platelets and megakaryocytesSpringer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Functional assays -- v. 2. Perspectives and techniques.
- Stevens & Lowe's Human histology. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyHistology -- The cell -- Epithelial cells -- Support cells and the extracellular matrix -- Contractile cells -- Nervous tissue -- Blood cells -- Immune system -- Blood and lymphatic circulatory systems and heart -- Respiratory system -- Alimentary tract -- Liver -- Musculoskeletal system -- Endocrine system -- Urinary system -- Male reproductive system -- Female reproductive system -- Skin and breast -- Special senses.
- Take a simple approach to understanding the fundamentals with Wheater's Functional Histology. Offering concise text accompanied by hundreds of captions and images of histology slides, this best-selling textbook will equip you with all the must-know histology information you need to complete your courses and ace your exams. Recognize the microscopic structure of normal human tissues and how it relates to function with the help of over 900 high-quality histology images and illustrations.Master how to apply histology in a clinical context through coverage of common clinical conditions in each chapter.Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, including all of the images, a virtual histolab, and USMLE-style self-assessment questions and rationales.
- Wheater's Review of histology and basic pathology 2010ClinicalKeyThis one-of-a-kind review book combines hundreds of full USMLE-style questions with high-quality, full-colour illustrations and colour photomicrographs from the Wheater's texts enabling you to confidently prepare for exams.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.