Books by Subject
HistocytochemistryAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Electron microscopy. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsConventional specimen preparation techniques for transmission electron microscopy of cultured cells / John J. Bozzola -- Processing biological tissues for ultrastructural study / José A. Mascorro and John J. Bozzola -- Processing plant tissues for ultrastructural study / John Kuo and Ivan Kuo -- Microwave-assisted processing and embedding for transmission electron microscopy / Paul Webster -- Ultramicrotomy for biological electron microscopy / Herbert K. Hagler -- Poststaining grids for transmission electron microscopy : conventional and alternative protocols / E. Ann Ellis -- Negative staining of thinly spread biological samples / J. Robin Harris -- Recent advances in high-pressure freezing : equipment- and specimen-loading methods / Kent L. McDonald ... [et al.] --Cryo-ultramicrotomy : cryo-electron microscopy of vitreous sections / Dimitri Vanhecke, Luca Studer, and Daniel Studer -- Cell-free extract systems and the cytoskeleton : preparation of biochemical experiments for transmission electron microscopy / Margaret Coughlin, William M. Brieher, and Ryoma Ohi -- Electron microscopy/in situ hybridization tracking of DNA and RNA sequences at high resolution / Dusan Cmarko and Karel Koberna -- Correlative light and electron microscopy using immunolabeled resin sections / Heinz Schwarz and Bruno M. Humbel -- Cryosectioning fixed and cryoprotected biological material for immunocytochemistry / Paul Webster and Alexandre Webster -- F-TEM images : integrating fluorescence microscopy with transmission electron microscopy / Paul A. Sims and Jeff D. Hardin --Quantitative immunoelectron microscopy : alternative ways of assessing subcellular patterns of gold labelling / Terry M. Mayhew -- Electron crystallography of membrane proteins / Hui-Ting Chou, James Evans, and Henning Stahlberg -- Cryo-electron microscopy of icosahedral virus particle / Wen Jiang and Wah Chiu -- 3D reconstructions of chromosomes with electron tomography / Peter Engelhardt -- Whole-mount immuno-electron tomography of chromosomes and cells / Peter Engelhardt ... [et al.] -- 3D cryo-transmission electron microscopy of cells and organelles / Michael Marko and Chyong-Ere Hsieh -- Electron energy-loss spectroscopy (EELS) as a tool for elemental analysis in biological specimens / Nadine Kapp ... [et al.] -- Conventional specimen preparation techniques for scanning electron microscopy of biological specimens / John J. Bozzola --Variable pressure and environmental scanning electron microscopy : imaging of biological samples / Brendan J. Griffin -- Cryoplaning technique for visualizing the distribution of water in woody tissue by cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Yasuhiro Utsumi and Yuzou Sano -- X-ray microanalysis in the scanning electron microscope / Godfrield M. Roomans and Anca Dragomir -- Botanical SEM X-ray microanalysis in cryo-scanning electron microscopy / Beat Frey -- Static secondary ion mass spectrometry for biological and biomedical research / Nicholas P. Lockyer -- Using secondary ion mass spectrometry and multi-isotope imaging mass spectrometry in biological materials : application to higher plants / Nicole Grignon.
- Handbook of practical immunohistochemistry 2011, SpringerQuality management and regulation / Jeffrey Prichard -- Technique and troubleshooting of antibody testing / Fan Lin and Jianhui Shi -- Overview of automated immunohistochemistry / Jeffrey Prichard, Angela Bitting, and Joe Myers -- Automated staining : Dako perspective / Ole F. Rasmussen and Andreas Schønau -- Automated staining : Ventana perspective / Angela Sattler -- Tissue microarray / Myra Wilkerson and Erin Powell -- Unknown primary/undifferentiated neoplasms in surgical and cytologic specimens / Fan Lin and Haiyan Liu -- Exfoliative cytopathology / Steven Meschter and Jan F. Silverman -- Predictive markers of breast cancer : ER, PR, and HER2 / Jeffrey Prichard, David Hicks, and Elizabeth Hammond -- Central and peripheral nerve system tumors / Hueizhi (Hope) Wu, Conrad Schuerch, and Douglas C. Miller -- Thyroid and parathyroid gland / Haiyan Liu, Fan Lin, and Ronald A. DeLellis -- Adrenal gland / Hanna G. Kaspar -- Salivary gland and other head and neck structures / Conrad Schuerch -- Lung, pleura, and mediastinum / Kai Zhang and Phillip Cagle -- Breast / Haiyan Liu -- Uterus / Hanna G. Kaspar -- Ovary / Jeffrey Prichard, Haiyan Liu, and Myra Wilkerson -- Prostate gland / Haiyan Liu, Fan Lin, and Qihui (Jim) Zhai -- Urinary bladder / Myra Wilkerson -- Kidney / Fan Lin and Ximing J. Yang -- Testis and paratesticular tissues / Myra Wilkerson -- Pancreas and ampulla / Fan Lin and Hanlin L. Wang -- Liver, bile ducts, and gallbladder / Jeffrey Prichard and Fan Lin -- Upper gastrointestinal tract / Jinhong Li and Fan Lin -- Lower gastrointestinal tract and microsatellite instability / Jinhong Li and Fan Lin -- Soft tissue and bone tumors / Shaobo Zhu and Markku Miettinen -- Lymph node / Xiaohong (Mary) Zhang and Nadine S. Aguilera -- Bone marrow / R. Patrick Dorion and Xiaohong (Mary) Zhang -- Infectious diseases / Dirk M. Elston, Lawrence E. Gibson, and Heinz Kutzner -- Skin / Tammie Ferringer -- Application of direct immunofluorescence for the skin and mucosal biopsies : a practical review / William B. Tyler -- In situ hybridization in surgical and cytologic specimens / Hong Yin and Barbara Paynton.
- Neuroanatomical tract-tracing 3 2006, Springer
- Oxidants and antioxidants 2002, Springer Protocols
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases