Books by Subject
- 35th Hemophilia Symposium Hamburg 2004 2006, Springer
- 36th Hemophilia Symposium Hamburg 2005 2007, Springer
- 37th Hemophilia Symposium Hamburg 2006 2008, Springer
- Acute myelogenous leukemia 2007, SpringerApproaching the treatment of AML from a biological perspective : an overview / Farhad Ravandi and Francis Giles -- Aberrant transcription factors in AML / Alan D. Friedman -- Myelodysplasia-related AML / Jane E. Parker -- Therapy-related AML / Lucy A. Godley and Michelle Le Beau -- The DNA damage response, DNA repair, and AML / David P. Steensma -- Altered apoptosis in AML : potential implications for pathogenesis and therapeutic response / Ruben A. Mesa and Scott H. Kaufmann -- Drug resistance transporters in AML / Douglas D. Ross -- Impact of cytogenetics on clinical outcome in AML / David Grimwade -- APL : a classic tale of bench to bedside / Olga Frankfurt ... [et al.] -- Emerging therapeutics for AML / Edward A. Sausville -- FLT3 : a prototype receptor tyrosine kinase target in AML / Mark Levis -- Farnesyl transferase inhibitors in the therapy of AML / Jeffrey E. Lancet -- Modulating gene expression as a therapeutic approach in the treatment of AML / Tamer Fandy, Hetty Carraway, and Steven D. Gore -- Differentiation therapy in AML / Tara L. Lin and William Matsui -- Stem cell transplantation for AML / Javier Bolaños-Meade and Richard J. Jones -- Tumor vaccines in leukemia / Ivan Borrello -- Treatment, outcomes, and challenges of newly diagnosed AML in children and adolescents / Robert J. Arceci -- AML in older adults / Richard M. Stone -- Dameshek smiles : molecular clues to the chronic myeloproliferative disorders unmasked / Jason Gotlib -- New designs for clinical trials / Elihu Estey.
- Acute myelogenous leukemia genetics, biology and therapy 2010, Springer
- Adult acute lymphocytic leukemia biology and treatment 2011, SpringerA perspective on the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults -- Acute lymphocytic leukemia: clinical features and making the diagnosis -- The biology of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Minimal residual disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Cytogenetics -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia: epidemiology -- Prognostic factors in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) -- The generalized care of the patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in middle-age and older adults -- Pharmacology of acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapy -- Assessment of response to treatment -- T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Burkitt lymphoma and leukemia -- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in young adults -- Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Molecular therapies -- Treatment of relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in Philadelphia-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Special challenges: genetic polymorphisms and therapy -- Late consequences of therapy of acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Immunotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Unique subtypes in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Advances in chronic lymphocytic leukemia 2013, SpringerChronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is the most common leukemia in the Western world. CLL has a highly varied clinical course. While advances in CLL therapy are noted, many patients still succumb to this illness. Like most progress in medicine, solid advances in the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of CLL are rooted in an in-depth understanding of the basic and translational biology of CLL. In this book, CLL experts have contributed state-of-the-art summaries of various important aspects of CLL biology and have discussed the translational implication of such findings. This book, which is directed at physicians and researchers alike, aims to educate broadly and deeply. Intentionally, the many aspects and nuances of CLL clinical care that can only really be appreciated through direct patient care are not covered here, but instead, the book presents basic aspects of CLL that underlie many of the contemporary decisions that are made in CLL research and clinical settings. We hope that this book will critically inform the community and stimulate interest in CLL, which will ultimately translate into better CLL research, prognostication and therapy, with the end goal of providing a better outlook for patients afflicted with this common leukemia.
- Advances in dyslipidemia 2014, Future MedAdvances in dyslipidemia / Wilbert S. Aronow -- Atherosclerosis : dyslipidemia, inflammation and lipoapoptosis / Fleur M. van der Valk, Dominik M. Schulte, Willem J.M. Mulder & Erik S.G. Stroes -- Familial hypercholesterolemia : bridging and minding the gap in healthcare / Jing Pang, Alistair W. Vickery & Gerald F. Watts -- PCSK9 inhibition : drug development for low-density lipoprotein lowering / Geetha Mukerji, Rawand M. Abdin & Dominic S. Ng -- Novel therapies for dyslipidemia / Anthony S. Wierzbicki -- The highs and lows of high-density lipoprotein / Daniel Soffer & Marisa Schoen -- Do we need to treat patients with heart failure with statins? / Sadip Pant, Guru S. Gurumurthy, Abhishek Deshmukh & Jawahar L. Mehta -- Management of dyslipidemia in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease / Konstantinos Tziomalos, Vasilios G. Athyros & Asterios Karagiannis -- Dyslipidemia : current management and the challenge of residual cardiovascular risk reduction / Aaron Rockoff, Vaijinath S. Kamanna & Moti L. Kashyap -- Index.
- Advances in the treatment of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia 2012, Future MedAdvances in the treatment of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Michael J. Keating & Constantine Tam -- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia : diagnosis and clinical staging / Stephen P. Mulligan & Constantine S. Tam -- Genetics in chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Stephan Stilgenbauer & Thorsten Zenz -- To treat or not to treat / Marco Montillo, Alessandra Tedeschi & Enrica Morra -- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia chemotherapy : two decades of progress / Carol Moreno & Emili Montserrat -- Stem cell transplantation / David G. Maloney -- Treatment options for refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Marina Motta & Alessandra Ferrajoli -- Prognostic markers in chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Renata Walewska & David Oscier -- Therapeutic agents in development and future direction / Sarah Mougalian & Susan O'Brien -- Index.
- Advances in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia 2013, Future MedAdvances in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia / Giuseppe Saglio & Carmen Fava -- Diagnosis and classification of the risk / Gabriele Gugliotta, Fausto Castagnetti, Francesca Palandri, Michele Baccarani & Gianantonio Rosti -- Genetics of chronic myeloid leukemia / Giovanna Rege-Cambrin, Emilia Giugliano & Patrizia Scaravaglio -- Molecular monitoring / Martin C. Müller, Christian Dietz & Benjamin Hanfstein -- Current targeted therapy with tyrosine kinase inhibitors / Massimo Breccia & Giuliana Alimena -- Stem cell transplantation and high-dose chemotherapy / Deena Iskander, Jane F. Apperley & Jirí Pavlu -- Treatment options for tyrosine kinase inhibitor-resistant chronic myeloid leukemia / Stephan Joseph Dorkhom, Hady Ghanem & Elias Jabbour -- Prognostic factors and future direction for chronic myeloid leukemia / David Marin & Antonia Rotolo -- Chronic myeloid leukemia : the possibility of a cure / Manuel Sobrinho-Simões, David M. Ross & Junia V. Melo -- Index.
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Amyloidosis diagnosis and treatment 2010, SpringerFibril structure and fibrillogenesis -- Imaging of systemic amyloidosis -- Diagnosis and classification -- Pathogenesis of systemic amyloidoses -- Supportive care for amyloidosis -- Assessing response and prognosis in AL amyloidosis -- Localized amyloidosis -- Amyloid heart disease -- Renal amyloidosis -- Primary systemic amyloid neuropathy -- Conventional treatment of amyloidosis -- High-dose therapy in amyloidosis -- Secondary, AA, amyloidosis -- ATTR: diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment -- Other systemic forms of amyloidosis.
- Animal hematotoxicology a practical guide for toxicologists and biomedical researchers 2008, CRCnetBASEHemopoiesis, blood cell types, and bone marrow examination -- Erythrocytes, anemias, and polycythemia -- Additional erythrocytic measurements -- Iron, associated proteins, and vitamins -- Leukocytes -- Immunotoxicology -- Hemostasis -- Pre-analytical variables -- Analytical variables and biosafety -- Data processing and interpretation.
- Antiplatelet agents 2012, SpringerPart 1. Pathophysiology. Platelets: Production, Morphology and Ultrastructure / Jonathan N. Thon and Joseph E. Italiano -- Platelet Receptors / Alexandre Kauskot and Marc F. Hoylaerts -- Platelet Signaling / Timothy J. Stalker, Debra K. Newman, Peisong Ma, Kenneth M. Wannemacher and Lawrence F. Brass -- Platelet Interaction with the Vessel Wall / Philip G. de Groot, Rolf T. Urbanus and Mark Roest -- Platelets in Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis / Christian Schulz and Steffen Massberg -- Part 2. Pharmacology. Aspirin and Other COX-1 Inhibitors / Carlo Patrono and Bianca Rocca -- Thienopyridines and Other ADP-Receptor Antagonists / Isabell Bernlochner and Dirk Sibbing -- Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Antagonists / Karen M. Hook and Joel S. Bennett -- Targeting Phosphodiesterases in Anti-platelet Therapy / Matthew T. Rondina and Andrew S. Weyrich -- PAR-1 Inhibitors: A Novel Class of Antiplatelet Agents for the Treatment of Patients with Atherothrombosis / Sergio Leonardi and Richard C. Becker -- Thromboxane Receptors Antagonists and/or Synthase Inhibitors / Giovanni Davì, Francesca Santilli and Natale Vazzana -- Inhibitors of the Interaction Between von Willebrand Factor and Platelet GPIb/IX/V / Paolo Gresele and Stefania Momi -- Inhibitors of the Interactions Between Collagen and Its Receptors on Platelets / Hans Deckmyn, Simon F. De Meyer, Katleen Broos and Karen Vanhoorelbeke -- Intracellular Signaling as a Potential Target for Antiplatelet Therapy / Patrick Andre -- Novel Targets for Platelet Inhibition / Kathleen Freson and Chris Van Geet -- Variability of Platelet Indices and Function: Acquired and Genetic Factors / Giovanni de Gaetano, Iolanda Santimone, Francesco Gianfagna, Licia Iacoviello and Chiara Cerletti -- Small RNAs as Potential Platelet Therapeutics / Leonard C. Edelstein and Paul F. Bray -- Pharmacological Modulation of the Inflammatory Actions of Platelets / Richard Amison, Clive Page and Simon Pitchford -- Part 3. Therapy. The Role of Laboratory Monitoring in Antiplatelet Therapy / Marco Cattaneo -- Antiplatelet Agents in Ischemic Heart Disease / Christopher H. May and A. Michael Lincoff -- Antiplatelet Therapy in Cerebrovascular Disorders / Ralph Weber, Johannes Brenck and Hans-Christoph Diener -- Antiplatelet Therapy in Peripheral Artery Disease / Francesco Violi, Stefania Basili, Jeffrey S. Berger and William R. Hiatt -- Primary Prevention of Ischaemic Cardiovascular Disorders with Antiplatelet Agents / Tom Mead.
- Antiplatelet and anticoagulation therapy 2013, SpringerAntiplatelet Agents: Current and Novel -- Antiplatelet Drug Resistance and Variability in Response: The Role of Antiplatelet Therapy Monitoring -- Anticoagulant Drugs: Current and Novel -- Antithrombotic Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease -- Approaches to the Prophylaxis and Treatment of Venous and Cardiac Thromboembolic Disease.
- Artificial oxygen carrier its front line 2005, Springer
- Atlas of clinical hematology. 6th rev. ed. 2005, Springer
- Atlas of Hematologic Neoplasms 2009, Springer
- BeadChip molecular immunohematology toward routine donor and patient antigen profiling by DNA analysis 2011, SpringerThis text is a review of molecular immunohematology (MI). It draws from analyses and case studies around the world and details many techniques used in many labs. It is aimed at anyone interested in how MI is changing blood bank and transfusion medicine.
- Bleeding during pregnancy a comprehensive guide 2011, SpringerClinical Approach to Pregnancy-Related Bleeding -- Early Pregnancy Loss -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Vaginal Bleeding and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Gynecological Cancer During Pregnancy -- Vaginal Bleeding and Preterm Delivery -- Placental Abruption -- Placenta Previa and Placenta Accreta -- Vasa Previa -- Uterine Rupture -- Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Coagulopathy and Pregnancy -- Anesthesia and Intensive Care Management of Bleeding During Pregnancy.
- Blood and bone marrow pathology. 2nd ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Normal blood cells -- 2. Normal bone marrow cells: development and cythology -- 3. Normal bone marrow histology -- 4. Regulation of hematopoiesis -- 5. Pathology of the marrow: general considerations and infections/reactive conditions -- 6. Investigation and classification of anemia -- 7. Abnormalities of the red cell membrane -- 8. Erythroenzyme disorders -- 9. Abnormalities of the structure and synthesis of hemoglobin -- 10. Acquired hemolytic anemia -- 11. Iron deficiency anemia, anemia with chronic disorders and iron overload -- 12. Macrocytic anemia -- 13. Aplastic anemia and pure red cell aplasia -- 14. Sideroblastic anemia -- 15. Congenital dyserythropoietic anemias -- 16. Abnormalities in leukocyte morphology and number -- 17. Disorders of phagocyte function -- 18. Acute myeloid leukemias -- 19. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma and mixed phenotype acute leukemias -- 20. Myelodysplastic syndromes -- 21. Molecular studies in myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms -- 22. Erythrocytosis and polycythemia -- 23. Essential thrombocythemia and primary myelofibrosis -- 24. Chronic myelogenous leukemia -- 25. Myeloproliferative neoplasms and eosinophilia -- 26. Systemic mastocytosis -- 27. Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms -- 28. The chronic lymphoid leukemias -- 29. Lymphoma -- 30. Abnormalities in immunoglobulin synthesizing cells -- 31. Hemostasis : principles of investigation -- 32. Disorders affecting megakaryocytes and platelets : inherited conditions -- 33. Acquired disorders affecting megakaryocytes and platelets -- 34. Inherited disorders of coagulation -- 35. Acquired bleeding disorders -- 36. Natural anticoagulants and thrombophilia -- 37. Blood groups on red cells, platelets and neutrophils -- 38. Transfusion medicine for pathologists -- 39. Histocompatibility : HLA and other systems.
- Overview of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- The business of cellular therapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- Stem cell sources -- Pre-transplant evaluation -- Conditioning regimens -- Supportive care -- Nutrition -- Infection prophylaxis -- Graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis -- Transfusion medicine -- Antithrombotic guidelines -- Engraftment -- Follow-up care -- Infectious complications -- Acute graft-versus-host disease -- Chronic graft-versus-host disease -- Oral complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Pulmonary complications -- Cardiovascular complications -- Acute kidney injury -- Thrombotic microangiopathies -- Graft failure -- Post-transplant relapse -- Palliative care -- Survivorship.
- Introduction / Bipin N. Savani -- Overview : transplant data and increasing numbers of long-term survivors / Jakob R. Passweg and Helen Baldomero -- Long-term transplant clinic setup / Andre Tichelli ... [et al.] -- Late effects after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Sairah Ahmed and Yago Nieto -- Late effects after autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Sairah Ahmed and Yago Nieto -- Graft-versus-host disease and late effects after hematopoetic stem cell transplantation / Gerard Socie -- Prominent role of allied health professionals (nurse practitioners, physician assistants, others) in long term follow-up after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Catherine E. Lucid -- Screening and prevention guidelines for hematopoietic cell transplant survivors / Navneet S. Majhail and j. Douglas Rizzo -- Secondary malignancies : prevalence, screening, prevention, and management guidelines / Paolo F. Caimi and Hillard M. Lazarus -- Cutaneous chronic graft-versus-host disease / Attilio Olivieri ... [et al.] -- Anti-infective prophylaxis, immunization and prevention of recurrent infectious complications in long-term survivors / John P. Galvin and Jayesh Mehta -- Seasonal virus infections : prevention and management guidelines / Gaurav Trikha and John R. Wingard -- Exposure to family members : infections and recent live vaccinations / Brian G. Engelhardt and James E. Crowe, Jr. -- Late pulmonary complications after allogeneic hematopietic stem cell transplantation : bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome (BOS) and organizing pneumonia (OP) / Lee Gazourian ... [et al.] -- Post-transplantation bone disease : prevalence, monitoring, prevention and management guidelines / Andre Tichelli and Alicia Rovo -- Ocular complications : prevalence, monitoring, prevention, and management guidelines / Andre Tichelli and Alicia Rovo -- Oral complications in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation survivors : monitoring and management / Andrea L. Utz and Shubhada Jagasia -- Fertility issues, contraception, and pregnancy outcome in long-term survivors / Alicia Rovo ... [et al.] -- Follow-up of children after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation : growth and development / Kristina K. Hardy ... [et al.] -- Posttransplant diabetes mellitus : monitoring, prevention, and management guidelines / Prathima Jasti, Shichun Bao, and Shubhada Jagasia -- Thyroid disease : monitoring and mangement guidelines / M. Kathleen Figaro ... [et al.] -- Special issues related to female long-term survivors / Melissa A. Merideth ... [et al.] -- Cardiac and vascular complications in long-term survivors after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Alicia Rovo and Andre Tichelli -- Hyperlipidemia : prevalence, monitoring, management, interactions with immunosuppressive agents and follow-up / Dara L. Eckerle Mize, Shubhada Jagasia, and Jeffrey B. Boord -- Hypertension management in long-term survivors / Imad Abboud -- Gastrointestinal complications of hematopoietic cell transplantation / Preet Bagi ... [et al.] -- Hepatic complications of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Niharika Samala ... [et al.] -- Monitoring and management of hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV infection before and after transplantation / Keith Luckett and Stephen Dummer -- Prevention and management of renal complications in long-term survivors / Michael Dickenmann and Joerg P. Halter -- Immunosuppressive agents and monitoring in long-term survivors / Paul Shaughnessy and Helen Leather -- Nutritional assessments and nutritional supplementation for long-term transplant survivors : multivitamins, vitamin D, Calcium, antioxidants, and minerals / Lauren Zatarain ... [et al.] -- Daily routines and guidelines : driving, infection isolation, masks, food/diet, activities, exercise, pets, sun exposures, and others / Angela M. Woods -- Caregivers of long-term survivors / Elizabeth Wulff-Burchfield -- Health-related quality of life in adult and pediatric survivors of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Margaret Bevans and Lori Wiener -- Prevalent psychosocial adjustment issues nd solutions : lifestyle and social challenges / Katrina M. Stokes -- Patient's perspective : concepts of long-term survivor support groups and their roles / Michael W. Brown -- Appendix 1 NMDP/Be the match posttransplant guidelines resources / Darlene Haven -- Appendix 2 Long-term follow-up calendar / Andre Tichelli ... [et al.] -- Appendix 3 Commonly used transplant-related medications in long-term survivors / Melissa Logue.
- Blood groups and red cell antigens 2005., NCBI Bookshelf
- Blood substitutes 2006, ScienceDirect
- Bloodstain pattern analysis with an introduction to crime scene reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- 1. New Insights in the Development of Human B Lymphocytes / Bianca Blom -- 2. The Aging Lymphocyte / Hector F. Valenzuela, Rita B. Effros -- 3. The Bone Marrow Microenvironment and Its Impact in Acute and Chronic B Cell Malignancies / Jan A. Burger -- 4. The Expanding Diagnostic Role of Flow Cytometry in Bone Marrow Studies of Patients with Lymphomas and Plasma Cell Disorders / Anna Porwit -- 5. The Application of Molecular Techniques on Bone Marrow Trephines / Falko Fend, Leticia Quintanilla-Martínez -- 6. Residual Disease Assessment and Its Role in Monitoring Lymphoid and Plasma Cell Neoplasms / Konnie M. Hebeda -- 7. Reporting of Bone Marrow Lymphoid Infiltrates / Yi-Hua Chen, LoAnn Peterson -- 8. Janus-Faced Lymphoid Infiltrates / Dimitra Anagnostou -- 9. Singularities in Pediatric Bone Marrow Lymphoid Processes / Sophia L. Yohe, Robert W. McKenna -- 10. Bone Marrow Involvement in Primary Mature B and T Cell Leukemias / Ayoma D. Attygalle -- 11. A Step Forward in the Diagnosis of B-Cell Lymphomas in the Bone Marrow / Ahmet Dogan, Mine Hekimgil -- 12. New Insights in Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia / Meletios A. Dimopoulos, Evangelos Terpos -- 13. Bone Marrow in Hodgkin Lymphoma and Mimickers / Stefano A. Pileri, Elena Sabattini -- 14. Misleading Features of Bone Marrow Involvement by Peripheral T-Cell Lymphomas / Philippe Gaulard, Sylvia Hoeller -- 15. Systemic Mastocytosis Associated with Lymphoproliferative Disorders (SM-AHNMD) / Hans-Peter Horny, Karl Sotlar, Peter Valent.
- Bone marrow-derived progenitors 2007, Springer
- Summary -- Introduction -- Direct evidence - the digital approach -- Fluorescence-based visualisation -- Aequorin-based measurements -- Measurement of calcium transport across membranes -- Molecular biology based approaches -- Manipulation of calcium -- Calcium-induced function -- Calcium signalling in cardiac myocytes -- Calcium signalling in red blood cells -- Perspective -- Calcium Signalling Methodology -- Non-linear and ultra high-speed imaging for explorations of the murine and human heart -- A system for optical high resolution screening of electrical excitable cells -- Concepts for optical high content screens of excitable primary isolated cells -- A primary culture system for sustained expression of a calcium sensor in preserved adult rat ventricular myocytes -- Calcium imaging of individual erythrocytes: Problems and approaches -- Calcium Signalling in Cardiac Myocytes -- Reduced Cardiac L-Type Ca²+ Current in Cav€ ₂ -/- Embryos Impairs Cardiac Development and Contraction With Secondary Defects in Vascular Maturation -- Overexpression of junctin causes adaptive changes in cardiac myocyte Ca²+ signaling -- Remodelling of Ca²+ handling organelles in adult rat ventricular myocytes during longterm culture -- Functional and morphological preservation of adult ventricular myocytes in culture by sub-micromolar cytochalasin D supplement -- Calcium Signalling in Red Blood Cells -- The non-selective voltage-activated cation channel in the human red blood cell membrane: reconciliation between two conflicting reports and further characterisation -- Ion channels in the human red blood cell membrane: Their further investigation and physiological relevance -- Prostaglandin E₂ activates channelmediated calcium entry in human erythrocytes: An indication for a blood clot formation supporting process -- Functional NMDA receptors in rat erythrocytes -- Stimulation of human red blood cells leads to Ca²+-mediated intercellular adhesion -- Lysophospatidic acid induced red blood cell aggregation in vitro -- Regulation of phosphatidylserine exposure in red blood cells -- Cation Channels in Erythrocytes - Historical and Future Perspective.
- Chemokine system in experimental and clinical hematology 2010, SpringerPart I. Introduction.-- Chemokine system in experimental and clinical hematology / Oystein Bruserud, Astrid Olsnes Kittang.-- Part II. Experimental hematology.-- Chemokine decoy receptors: strucuture-function and biological properties / Raffaella Bonecchi, Benedetta Savino, Elena M. Borroni, Alberto Mantovani, Massimo Locati.-- Role of chemokines in the biology of natural killer cells / Azzram A. Maghazachi.-- Chemokines in angiogenesis / Anna Dimbert.-- Part III. Immunobiology of allogeneic stem cell transplantation.-- Genetic polymorphisms in the cytokine and chemokine systems: their possible importance in allogeneic stem cell transplantation / Jeurgen Loeffler, Michael Ok, Oliver C. Morton, Markus Mezger, Hermann Einsele.-- Chemokine system: a possible therapeutic target in acute graft versus host disease / Nicolai A. Kittan, Gerhard C. Hildebrandt.-- Homing in on acute graft vs. host disease: tissue-specific T regulatory and Th17 cells / Brian G. Engelhardt, James E. Crowe Jr.-- Part IV: Clinical hematology.-- Chemokine network in acute myelogenous leukemia: molecular mechanisms involved in leukemogenesis and therapeutic implications / Astrid Olsnes Kittang, Kimberley Hatfield, Kristoffer Sand, Hakon Reikvam, Oystein Bruserud.-- CXCR4 in clinical hematology / Gary Calandra, Gary Bridger, Simon Fricker.-- Immunobiology of herparin-induced thrombocytopenia / Per Morten Sandset.
- Chronic myeloid neoplasias and clonal overlap syndromes epidemiology, pathophysiology and treatment options 2010, SpringerThis book comprises an in-depth view on the current knowledge of chronic clonal myeloid diseases. Special emphasis is laid on chronic myeloid leukaemia and a'classic' myeloproliferative disorders (essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera, and chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis) as well as myelodysplastic syndromes, oligoblastic leukemias, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and overlap diseases. Both young physicians in hematological training as well as practicing hematologists are addressed, with the aim of imparting a clear understanding of these disorders.
- Chronic radiation syndrome 2014, SpringerThis book covers all aspects of chronic radiation syndrome (CRS) based on observations in a unique sample of residents of the Techa riverside villages in the southern Urals who were exposed to radioactive contamination in the 1950s owing to releases of liquid radioactive wastes from Mayak Production Association, which produced plutonium for weapons. In total, 940 cases of CRS were diagnosed in this population and these patients were subjected to detailed analysis. The opening chapters address the definition and classification of CRS, epidemiology and pathogenesis, covering molecular and cellular mechanisms, radioadaptation, and the role of tissue reactions. The pathoanatomy of CRS during the development and recovery stages is discussed for all organ systems. Clinical manifestations of CRS at the different stages are then described in detail and the dynamics of hematopoietic changes are thoroughly examined. In the following chapters, principles of diagnosis (including assessment of the exposure doses to critical organs) and differential diagnosis from a wide range of other conditions are discussed and current and potential treatment options, described. The medical and social rehabilitation of persons with CRS is also covered. This book, which casts new light on the condition, will be of value for all practitioners and researchers with an interest in CRS.
- Circulating nucleic acids in plasma and serum proceedings of the 6th international conference on circulating nucleic acids in plasma and serum held on 9-11 November 2009 in Hong Kong 2011, Springer
- Clinical aspects and laboratory iron metabolism, anemias : concepts in the anemias of malignancies and renal and rheumatoid diseases. 6th, rev. and updated ed. 2011, Springer
- Clinician's manual on myelodysplastic syndromes 2008, Springer
- Coagulation consult a case-based guide 2014, SpringerThere have been many changes in the field of coagulation during the past decade. New concepts of epidemiology of risk factors for thrombosis now help clinicians predict who is more likely to form clots after surgery, or after being placed on oral contraceptives. New anticoagulants have the potential to redefine how patients with atrial fibrillation and venous thrombosis are managed. There are new forms of recombinant clotting factors which have changed our approach to hypofibrinogenemia and von Willebrand's disease. Newer antiplatelet agents are available and their use in patients receiving cardiac stents has mushroomed. The management of thrombosis in the setting of pregnancy has changed over the past decade, as well as the way clinicians approach women with multiple miscarriages. An entire new class of compounds, the thrombopoietins, are available to treat individuals with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). The Coagulation Consult covers major topics of interest to hematologists who are asked to consult on individuals with coagulation related diseases, and encompasses the field's most recent developments. This "case-directed" book describes state-of-the-art approaches to patients with bleeding and clotting disorders, as well as laboratory tests for coagulation. Chapters include different vignettes, focus on typical clinical consult questions, and lay out specific types of treatment. Practicing clinicians being confronted with a coagulation consult, students, residents, fellows and attending physicians will find this unique text an invaluable resource for some of the newer areas of coagulation science, therapy and pharmacology.
- Coagulation in cancer 2009, Springer
- Color atlas of clinical hematology. 4th ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyCell machinery -- Cellular basis of hematopoiesis -- Growth factors -- Maturation of blood cells and their examination in peripheral blood and bone marrow -- Hypochromic anemias -- The porphyrias and iron overload -- Megaloblastic anemias -- Hemolytic anemias -- Genetic disorders of hemoglobin -- Benign disorders of phagocytes -- Benign disorders of lymphocytes -- Acute leukemias -- Chronic myeloid (myelogenous) leukemias and myelodysplastc/myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Myelodysplastic syndromes -- Myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Histiocytic disorders -- Aplastic and dyserythropoietic anemias -- Chronic lymphoid leukemias -- Non-Hodgkin lymphomas: mature B-cell neoplasms: written with professor Elias Campo -- Peripheral T-cell disorders -- Hodgkin lymphoma -- Myeloma and related conditions -- Tissue typing and stem cell treansplantation -- Vascular and platelet bleeding disorders -- The inherited and acquired coagulation disorders -- Thrombosis -- Secondary anemia and bone marrow in nonhematopoietic disorders -- Parasitic disorders -- Blood transfusion.
- Computational hydrodynamics of capsules and biological cells 2010, CRCnetBASE"Preface Computational biofluiddynamics addresses a diverse family of problems involving fluid flow inside and around living organisms, organs and tissue, biological cells, and other biological materials. Numerical methods combine aspects of computational mechanics, fluid dynamics, computational physics, computational chemistry and biophysics into an integrated framework that couples a broad range of scales. The goal of this edited volume is to provide a comprehensive, rigorous, and current introduction into the fundamental concepts, mathematical formulation, alternative approaches, and predictions of computational hydrodynamics of capsules and biological cells. The book is meant to serve both as a research reference and as a teaching resource. Scope The numerical methods discussed in the following eight chapters cover a broad range of possible formulations for simulating the motion of rigid particles (platelets) and the flow-induced deformation of liquid capsules and cells enclosed by viscoelastic membranes. Although some of the physical problems discussed in different chapters are similar or identical, the repetition is desirable in that solutions produced by different numerical approaches can be compared and the efficiency of alternative formulations can be assessed. The consistency of the results validates the procedures and offers several alternatives"--Provided by publisher.
- Concise manual of hematology and oncology 2007, Springer
- Consultative hemostasis and thrombosis. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectThe Consultative Process -- A Systematic Approach to the Bleeding Patient: Correlation of Clinical Symptoms and Signs with Laboratory Testing -- Endothelium -- Hemophilia A and B -- Less Common Congenital Disorders of Hemostasis -- Acquired Coagulation Disorders Caused by Inhibitors -- von Willebrand Disease -- General Aspects of Thrombocytopenia, Platelet Transfusions, and Thrombopoietic Growth Factors -- Primary Immune Thrombocytopenia -- Congenital and Acquired Disorders of Platelet Function and Number -- Purpura and Other Hematovascular Disorders -- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation -- The Crosstalk of Inflammation and Coagulation in Infectious Disease and Their Roles in Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation -- Thrombophilia: Clinical and Laboratory Assessment and Management -- Pediatric Aspects of Thrombophilia -- Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism -- Venous Thromboses at Unusual Sites -- Postthrombotic Syndrome -- Thrombocytosis: Essential Thrombocythemia and Reactive Causes -- Antiphospholipid Syndrome: Pathogenesis, Clinical Presentation, Diagnosis, and Patient Management -- Hemostatic Aspects of Cardiovascular Medicine -- Nonarteriosclerotic Arterial Occlusive Disease -- Thrombosis and Cancer -- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Related Thrombotic Microangiopathies -- Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia -- Antithrombotic Agents -- Blood Component and Pharmacologic Therapy for Hemostatic Disorders -- Thrombolytic Therapy -- Topical Hemostatic Agents -- Therapeutic Apheresis: Applications for Hemorrhagic and Thrombotic Disorders -- Use of Vena Cava Filters and Venous Access Devices -- Dietary Supplements and Hemostasis -- Thrombotic Risk of Contraceptives and Other Hormonal Therapies -- Bleeding and the Management of Hemorrhagic Disorders in Pregnancy -- Thrombophilia in Pregnancy -- Surgery and Hemostasis -- Anticoagulation in the Perioperative Period -- Understanding and Managing the Coagulopathy of Liver Disease -- Outpatient Anticoagulant Therapy -- Point-of-Care Hemostasis Testing -- Prevention and Treatment of Venous Thromboembolism in Neurologic and Neurosurgical Patients -- Hematologic Interventions for Acute Central Nervous System Disease -- Atrial Septal Abnormalities and Cryptogenic Stroke -- Pulmonary Hypertension: Thrombotic and Nonthrombotic in Origin -- Hemorrhage Control and Thrombosis Following Severe Injury -- Hemostatic Aspects of Sickle Cell Disease -- Anticoagulation for Atrial Fibrillation and Prosthetic Cardiac Valves.
- Controversies in pediatric and adolescent hematology 2014, KargerNeonatal thrombocytopenia / Chakravorty, S.; Roberts, I. -- Pediatric and adolescent immune thrombocytopenia : prevention of bleeding versus burden of treatment / Cooper, N. -- Thrombosis in paediatrics : genetic versus environmental risk factors and implications for management / Monagle, P. -- Hematological problems in pediatric intensive care / Revel-Vilk, S.; Cox, P.; Robitaille, N.; Blanchette, V. -- New advances in the treatment of children with hemophilia / Lillicrap, D. -- Myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative diseases in children : current concepts / Vyas, P. -- Towards personalized medicine in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia / Halsey, C. -- Reduced intensity conditioning in paediatric haematopoietic cell transplantation / Chiesa, R.; Veys, P. -- Can iron chelators replace stem cell transplantation in the treatment of thalassaemia syndromes? / Darbyshire, P.J. -- Iron deficiency : when and why oral iron may not be enough / Crary, S.E.; Buchanan, G.R. -- Principles of transitional care in haematology / Bolton-Maggs, P.; Choudhuri, S.
- Current protocols in stem cell biology 2007-, WileyIncludes methods for isolating, maintaining, and differentiating embryonic and adult stem cells.
- Desk reference for hematology. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Developments in hematology and immunology v. 39, 2005., Springer
- Energy balance and hematologic malignancies 2012, SpringerThe obesity pandemic continues to increase on a world-wide basis with over 70% of the United States population being either overweight or obese. Hematologic malignancies have recently been identified among the obesity associated malignancies spanning the lifespan from childhood to the elderly and include leukemia, myeloma, lymphoma and others. In addition to the etiologic association between obesity and hematologic malignancies, the presence of obesity has profound effects on therapy by impacting pharmacokinetics of chemotherapeutic agents, dose, adipocyte metabolism and drug distribution. These may be particularly important in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Another important aspect of the association of obesity with hematologic malignancies is the increased incidence of obesity in children who successfully complete therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia. This and other observations indicate important relations between the hematopoietic systems and fat metabolism. This volume on Energy Balance in Hematologic Malignancies will provide an important volume in this series and a basis for better understanding etiology, mechanisms, therapeutics implications and experimental approaches. This volume of energy balance and cancer will focus on the relation of obesity to hematologic malignancies, the epidemiology, potential mechanisms, and thereapeutic considerations including effects on pharmacologic and physical approaches as well as the delayed effects of therapy on energy balance.
- Erythropoietins and erythropoiesis molecular, cellular, preclinical, and clinical biology 2006, Springer
- Essentials of atrial fibrillation. [Revised edition] 2014, SpringerAtrial fibrillation (AF) affects an estimated 1?2% of the population and is the most common cause of sustained cardiac arrhythmia. Critically, the number of patients developing AF is expected to double in the next five decades, leading to increased incidence of stroke, heart failure and other serious thromboembolic events. Essentials of Atrial Fibrillation is a timely investigation of current pharmaceutical trends, clinical guidelines, novel treatments, and ongoing pipeline developments, including ground-breaking advances in the use of novel oral anticoagulants.
- Why, what, and how can we learn from a rare disease like Fanconi anemia? / Schroeder-Kurth, T. -- Fanconi anemia: a disease with many faces / Dietrich, R., Velleuer, E. -- Milestones in Fanconi anemia research / Digweed, M., Hoehn, H., Sperling K. -- Fanconi anemia genes: structure, mutations, and genotype-phenotype correlations / Kalb, R. ... [et al.] -- Cancer in Fanconi anemia and Fanconi anemia genes in cancer / Neveling, K., Kalb, R., Schindler, D. -- Clonal chromosomal aberrations in bone marrow cells of Fanconi anemia patients: results and implications / Neitzel H. ... [et al.] -- Interphase FISH-assay for the detection of MDS- and AML-associated chromosomal imbalances in native bone marrow and peripheral blood cells / Tönnies, H. ... [et al.] -- Applications of cell cycle testing in Fanconi anemia / Schindler, D. ... [et al.] -- Prenatal diagnosis of Fanconi anemia: functional and molecular testing / Bechtold, A. ... [et al.] -- Revertant mosaicism in Fanconi anemia: natural gene therapy at work / Hoehn, H. ... [et al.] -- Stem cell transplantation in Fanconi anemia, recent advances with alternative donors / Eyrich, M., Winkler, B., Schlegel, P.G. -- Fanconi anemia genes in vertebrates: evolutionary conservation, sex-linkage, and embryonic expression of FANCC and FANCG in avian cells / Nanda, I. ... [et al.] -- Studying homologous recombination in Fanconi anemia / Demuth, I., Digweed, M. -- Functional knock-down of human RAD51 for testing the Fanconi anemia-BRCA connection / Rio, P., Hanenberg, H.
- Febrile neutropenia 2014, Springer1. Introduction -- 2. Prevention of febrile neutropenia -- 3. Prediction of the risk of complications associated with febrile neutropenia -- 4. Management of low-risk patients -- 5. Management of non-low-risk patients with febrile neutropenia -- 6. Management of persistent fever in patients with neutropenia despite empirical antibiotic administration -- 7. Costs associated with febrile neutropenia -- 8. At the extremes of age, febrile neutropenia in children and elderly
- Frontiers of cord blood science 2009, Springer
- Genetic modification of hematopoietic stem cells methods and protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsImmunomagnetic enrichment of human and mouse hematopoietic stem cells for gene therapy applications / Guillermo Guenechea, Jose C. Segovia, and Juan A. Bueren -- Isolation of human and mouse hematopoietic stem cells / Yuk Yin Ng ... [et al.] -- Murine hematopoietic stem cell transduction using retroviral vectors / Ute Modlich ... [et al.] -- Genetic modification of human hematopoietic cells: preclinical optimization of oncoretroviral-mediated gene transfer for clinical trials / Tulin Budak-Alpdogan and Isabelle Rivière -- Short-term culture of human CD34⁺ cells for lentiviral gene transfer / Francesca Santoni de Sio and Luigi Naldini -- T cell culture for gammaretroviral transfer / Sebastian Newrzela, Gunda Brandenburg, and Dorothee von Laer -- Retroviral transduction of murine primary T lymphocytes / James Lee, Michel Sadelain, and Renier Brentjens -- Lentiviral vector gene trasfer into human T cells / Els Verhoeyen, Caroline Costa, and Francois-Loic Cosset -- DNA transposons for modification of human primary T lymphocytes / Xin Huang ... [et al.] -- Retroviral gene transfer into primary human natural killer cells / Evran Alici, Tolga Sutlu, and M. Sirac Dilber -- Lentiviral vector-mediated genetic programming of mouse and human dendritic cells / Renata Stripecke -- In situ (in vivo) gene transfer into murine bone marrow stem cells / Dao Pan -- In vivo and ex vivo gene transfer in thymocytes and thymocyte precursors / Oumeya Adjali ... [et al.] -- Design and production of retro- and lentiviral vectors for gene expression in hematopoietic cells / Axel Schambach, William P. Swaney, and Johannes C.M. van der Loo -- Knock-down of gene expression in hematopoietic cells / Michaela Scherr, Letizia Venturiani, and Matthias Eder -- The use of retroviral vectors for tet-regulated gene expression in cell populations / Rainer Löw -- Detection of replication competent retrovirus and lentivirus / Lakshmi Sastry and Kenneth Cornetta -- Release testing of retroviral vectors and gene-modified cells / Diana Nordling, Anne Kaiser, and Lilith Reeves -- Copy number determination of genetically-modificed hematopoietic stem cells / Todd Schuesler ... [et al.] -- Tissue procurement for molecular studies using laser-assisted microdissection / Ulrich Lehmann and Hans Kreipe -- Leukemia diagnosis in murine bone marrow transplantation models / Zhixiong Li, Ute Modlich, and Anjali Mishra -- Humanized mouse models to study the human haematopoietic stem cell compartment / Dominique Bonnet -- Canine models of gene-modified hematopoiesis / Brian C. Beard and Hans-Peter Kiem -- Detection of retroviral integration sites by linear amplification-mediated PCR and tracking of individual integration clones in different samples / Manfred Schmidt ... [et al.] -- Retroviral insertion site analysis in dominant haematopoietic clones / Olga S. Kustikova, Ute Modlich, and Boris Fehse -- Tracking gene-modified T cells in vivo / Alessandra Recchia and Fulvio Mavilio -- DNA microarray studies of hematopoietic subpopulations / Karin Pike-Overzet ... [et al.] -- Quantification of genomic mutations in murine hematopoietic cells / Hartmut Geiger ... [et al.] -- Proteomics studies after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Eva M. Weissinger, Petra Zürbig, and Arnold Ganser -- Spectral karyotyping and fluorescence in situ hybridization of murine cells / Cornelia Rudolph and Brigitte Schlegelberger -- Database setup for preclinical studies of gene-modified hematopoiesis / Brenden Balcik, Elke Grassman, and Lilith Reeves -- The US and EU regulatory perspectives on the clinical use of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells genetically modified ex vivo by retroviral vectors / Carolyn A. Wilson and Klaus Cichutek.
- Gut-associated lymphoid tissues 2006, SpringerRole of innate immune system and host-commensal mutualism / S. Rakoff-Nahoum and R. Medzhitov -- Molecular networks orchestrating GALT development / D. Finke and D. Meier -- Lymphoid tissue inducer cells in intestinal immunity / I.I. Ivanov, G.E. Diehl, and D.R. Littman -- Specificity and plasticity of memory lymphocyte migration / J. Rodrigo Mora and U.H. von Adrian -- IgA adaptation to the presence of commensal bacteria in the intestine / A. J. Macpherson -- Intestinal IgA synthesis : a primitive form of adaptive immunity that regulates microbial communities in the gut / S. Fagarasan -- B cell recruitment and selection in mouse GALT germinal centers / S. Casola and K. Rajewsky -- Structural insights into antibody-mediated mucosal immunity / A.E. Hamburger, P.J. Bjorkman, and A.B. Herr.
- Haematology an illustrated colour text. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyThis textbook on haematology in the Illustrated Colour Text series is suitable for medical students, junior doctors and others needing a concise and practical introduction to the subject. Concise and manageable coverage of the major blood diseases and their treatment. Does not overload the reader with science, unlike some competing books. Focus is on the haematology patient and on the practical aspects of the subject. Makes use of the attractive features of the ICT series - double page spreads, lots of colour illustrations, summary boxes.
- Haemophilus influenzae protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Haemostasis in spine surgery 2005, Springer
- Handbook of blood gas/acid-base interpretation. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerGas Exchange -- The Non-Invasive Monitoring of Blood Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Levels -- Acids and Bases -- Buffer Systems -- pH -- Acidosis and Alkalosis -- Respiratory Acidosis -- Respiratory Alkalosis -- Metabolic Acidosis -- Metabolic Alkalosis -- The Analysis of Blood Gases -- Factors Modifying the Accuracy of ABG Results -- Case Examples.
- Handbook of chronic myeloid leukemia 2014, SpringerThis concise, clinically focused pocket handbook assembles and synthesizes the latest developments and trends in the diagnosis and treatment of CML and provides an authoritative and convenient summary of the latest progress in TKI trials, the molecular monitoring of CML responses, and the development of new therapies to overcome resistance and improve patient care. Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) is a rare type of leukemia (1?2 per 100,000 people) but is the most common chronic myeloproliferative neoplasm. CML remains a key model for the improved understanding of the pathophysiology of a malignancy at a molecular level; CML was the first cancer to be associated with a recurring chromosome abnormality, which generates the Philadelphia (Ph) chromosome and its associated fusion gene BCR-ABL1. The clinical outcome for patients with CML has changed dramatically in the past 15 years and this has been due to the development of tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs), compounds that inhibit the activity of the oncogenic BCR-ABL1 protein. A number of first-, second- and third-generation TKIs are now available for the treatment of CML, although a number of treatment challenges remain, not least the development of treatment-resistant CML. Parallel to the development of specific drugs for treating CML, major advances have been made in the field of disease monitoring and standardization of response criteria.
- "This handbook presents methods that improve the accuracy in glucose prediction based on infrared absorption spectroscopy, recent studies on the influence of acute hyperglycemia on cerebral blood flow, and the correlation between diabetes and the thermo-optical response of human skin. It examines skin glucose monitoring by near-infrared spectroscopy (NIR), fluorescence-based glucose biosensors, and a photonic crystal contact lens sensor. The contributors also explore problems of polarimetric glucose sensing in transparent and turbid tissues as well as offer a high-resolution optical technique for noninvasive, continuous, and accurate blood glucose monitoring and glucose diffusion measurement."--BOOK JACKET.
- Handbook of oral anticoagulation. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerThis book covers a wide range of disorders such as atrial fibrillation, artificial heart valves, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and stroke. Handbook of Oral Anticoagulation aims to provide an accessible overview of the exciting new developments in this field. Incorporating numerous quick-reference tables and figures and fully referenced throughout to key papers and the latest reviews, it will be a useful resource for all healthcare professionals involved in thromboprophylaxis.
- Handbook of thromboprophylaxis. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Thromboprophylaxis in medical patients -- Pharmacoeconomics of medical thromboprophylaxis -- Introduction to thromboprophylaxis in surgical patients -- Thromboprophylaxis in orthopaedic surgery -- Thromboprophylaxis in cancer surgery -- Thromboprophylaxis in other types of surgery -- Thromboprophylaxis in patients on oral anticoagulant therapy -- The pharmacoeconomics of surgical thromboprophylaxis -- Thromboprophylaxis in pregnancy.
- B Cell Growth, Differentiation and Malignancies / Jianguo Tao and Chih-Chi Andrew Hu -- Follicular Lymphoma: Recent Advances / Alyssa Bouska, SharathKumar Bagvati, Javeed Iqbal, Basem M. William and Wing C. Chan -- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: From Pathobiology to Targeted Therapy / Javier Pinilla-Ibarz and Chih-Chi Andrew Hu -- Genetic and Environmental Determinants in Multiple Myeloma: Implications for Therapy / Kenneth H. Shain and William S. Dalton -- EBV-Positive Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma of the Elderly / Jorge J. Castillo -- HIV and Lymphoma / Lubomir Sokol and Brady E. Betran -- Molecular Biology of Mantle Cell Lymphoma / Bijal Shah, Peter Martin, Jianguo Tao and Eduardo M. Sotomayor -- Pathogenesis of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Derived from Inflammatory, Autoimmune or Immunologic Disorders / Ling Zhang and Jianguo Tao -- Pathogenesis of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Derived from Infection Diseases / Ling Zhang and Roger Klein -- Hodgkin Lymphoma: From Molecular Pathogenesis to Targeted Therapy / Ádám Jóna, Árpád Illés and Anas Younes -- Myelodysplastic Syndromes / Grant E. Nybakken and Adam Bagg -- Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders:From Molecular Pathogenesis to Targeted Therapy / Richard A. Walgren and Josef Prchal -- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia / Kapil Bhalla, Celalettin Ustun and Warren Fiskus -- Novel Targeted Therapeutics for Acute Myeloid Leukemia / Vu Duong and Jeffrey Lancet -- Novel Targeted Therapeutics for Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma / Owen O. Connor, Salvia Jain and Jasmine Zain -- Large Granular Lymphocyte Leukemia - From Molecular Pathogenesis to Targeted Therapy / Mithun Vinod Shah and Thomas P. Loughran Jr. -- Epigenetic Regulation and Therapy in Lymphoid Malignancies / Yizhuo Zhang, Shanqi Guo and Haifeng Zhao.
- Hematologic malignancies acute leukemias 2008, Springer
- Hematologic malignancies myeloproliferative disorders 2007, Springer
- Hematologic malignancies-- myelodysplastic syndromes 2006, Springer
- Hematologic problems in the critically ill 2015, SpringerThis book covers a wide array of hematologic problems commonly encountered in the daily practice of critical care and emergency medicine. Unfortunately, the symptoms and signs associated with underlying hematologic disorders are frequently rather unspecific and confounding; furthermore, the clinical course of patients admitted to intensive care units with such disorders can be fulminant, warranting prompt diagnosis. This book recognizes the importance of accurate and speedy interpretation of symptoms in that the text is symptom oriented rather than disease oriented. Put another way, the reader confronted with a particular clinical problem or symptom will be guided step by step to the possible underlying disorder(s). The scenarios considered include critical illness in patients with anemia, leukopenia, leukocytosis, abnormal platelet count, and severe transfusion reactions. For each circumstance, factors relevant to symptom interpretation are fully discussed. In addition, helpful diagnostic algorithms are presented in the form of flow charts that will assist in decision making regarding the need for further investigations. The closing chapter is devoted to the drug-induced hematologic disorders. Although the book is intended mainly for intensivists, other specialists will find much information of value for their daily practice.
- Hematology basic principles and practice. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Hematology basic principles and practice. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Hematology basic principles and practice. 6th ed. 2013, ClinicalKey
- Hematology, immunology and infectious disease neonatology questions and controversies. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectUpdated information on stem cells for the neonatologist -- Current issues in the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of neonatal thrombocytropenia -- Role of recombinant leukocyte colony-stimulating factors in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Nonhematopoietic effects of erythropoietin -- Why, when, and how should we provide red cell transfusions and erythropoiesis-stimulating agents to support red cell mass in neonates? -- Diagnosis and treatment of immune-mediated and non-immune-mediated hemolytic disease of the newborn -- Hematology and immunology: coagulation disorders -- A practical approach to the neutropenic neonate -- What evidence supports dietary interventions to prevent infant food hypersensitivity and allergy? -- Maternally mediated nenonatal autoimmunity -- CMV: diagnosis, treatment, and considerations on vaccine-mediated prevention -- Neonatal T cell immunity and its regulation by innate immunity and dendritic cells -- Breast milk and viral infection -- Probiotics for the prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm neonates -- The ureplasma conundrum: should we look or ignore? -- Control of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Neonatal fungal infections -- The use of biomarkers for detection of early-and late-onset neonatal sepsis -- Chorioamnionitis and its effects on the fetus/neonate: emerging issues and controversies.
- Hematology-- a pathophysiologic approach 2012, ClinicalKeyHematology: A Pathophysiologic Approach, by S. David Hudnall, MD, FCAP, delivers an accessible yet thorough understanding of hematolymphoid physiology and pathophysiology. This new title in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series offers you masterful explanations of hematopoiesis, immunology, hemostasis, hemoglobinopathy, metabolic disorders, genetics, and neoplasia from an authority who has 26 years of practical experience in laboratory hematology and has taught thousands of medical and undergraduate students. In print and online at www.studentconsult.com, this is an ideal integrated, problem-based way to learn about this complex subject. Receive masterful explanations of hematopoiesis, immunology, hemostasis, hemoglobinopathy, metabolic disorders, genetics, and neoplasia from S. David Hudnall, MD, FCAP, who has 26 years of practical experience in laboratory hematology and has taught thousands of medical and undergraduate students. Understand the interrelationships between the diverse factors that can give rise to disease. See how hematologic disorders are evaluated through blood counting, histopathology, immunohistochemistry, cytogenetics, and coagulation testing. Visualize a wide spectrum of hematologic pathology by viewing 150 full-color photomicrographs. Access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com.
- Hematopathology 2013, ClinicalKey
- Hematopathology genomic mechanisms of neoplastic diseases 2010, SpringerMolecular techniques in hematopathology / Bobby L. Boyanton Jr. and Jennifer R. Rushton -- Classical and molecular cytogenetic analysis of hematolymphoid disorders / Mark A. Micale -- Using cytogenetic and molecular tests in diagnostic workups with the WHO classification - 2008 / Clarence C. Whitcomb -- Update on the molecular pathology of precursor lymphoid leukemias / Robert B. Lorsbach -- Molecular pathology of acute myeloid leukemias / Karen P. Mann and Debra F. Saxe -- Molecular pathology of mature B-cell and T-cell lymphomas / Sophia L. Yohe, David W. Bahler, and Marsha C. Kinney -- Molecular pathology of myeloproliferative neoplasms / David S. Bosler -- Molecular pathology of chronic lymphocytic leukeumia / Daniela Hoehn, L. Jeffrey Medeiros, and Sergj Konoplev -- Targeted therapy in hematologic malignancies / Barbara Zehnbauer and Mona Nasser -- Micro-RNAs in hematologic malignancies / Muller Fabbri and George A. Calin.
- Hematopathology morphology, immunophenotype, cytogenetics, and molecular approaches. 1st ed. 2008, ScienceDirect
- Hematopathology. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyPt. 1. Technical aspects: Processing of the lymph node biopsy specimen -- Fine-needle aspiration of lymph nodes -- Collection, processing, and examination of bone marrow specimens -- Immunohistochemistry for the hematopathology laboratory -- Flow cytometry -- Molecular diagnosis in hematopathology -- Cytogenetic analysis and related techniques in hematopathology -- Pt. 2. Normal and reactive conditions of hematopoietic tissues -- Normal lymphoid organs and tissues -- The reactive lymphadenopathies -- The normal bone marrow -- Evaluation of anemia, leukopenia, and thrombocytopenia -- Bone marrow findings in inflammatory, infectious, and metabolic disorders -- Pt. 3. Lymphoid neoplasms -- Principles of classification of lymphoid neoplasms -- section 1. Mature B-cell neoplasms -- Mature B-cell neoplasms: chronic lymphpcytic leukemia-small lymphocytic lymphoma, B-cell prolymphocytic leukemia, and lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma -- Hairy cell leukemia -- Splenic marginal zone lymphoma -- Follicular lymphoma -- Extranodal marginal zone lymphoma: MALT lymphoma -- Primary cutaneous B-cell lymphoma -- Nodal marginal zone lymphoma -- Mantle cell lymphoma -- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma -- Lymphomatoid granulomatosis -- Burkitt's lymphoma -- Plasma cell neoplasms -- Nodular lymphocyte-predominant type of Hodgkin's lymphoma -- Classical Hodgkin's lymphoma -- section 2. Mature T-cell and NK-cell neoplasms -- NK-cell neoplasms -- Epstein-Barr virus - positive systemic T-lymphoproliferative disorders and related lymphoproliferations of childhood -- T-cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia -- T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia -- Adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma -- Hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma -- Peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified -- Angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma -- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma, ALK positive and ALK negative -- Enteropathy-associated T-cell lymphoma and other primary intestinal T-cell lymphomas -- Mycosis fungoides and Sezary syndrome -- Primary cutaneous CD30-positive T-cell lymphoproliferative disorders-- Primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas: rare subtypes -- section 3. Precursor B- and T-cell neoplasms -- Precursor B- and T-cell neoplasms -- Acute leukemias of ambiguous lineage -- Pt. 4. Myeloid neoplasms -- Principles of classification of myeloid neoplasms -- The myelodysplastic syndromes -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Mastocytosis -- Eosinophilia and chronic eosinophilic leukemia, including myeloid/lymphoid neoplasms with eosinophilia and abnormalities of PDGFRA, PDGFRB, and FGFR1 -- Blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm -- Pt. 5. Histiocytic proliferations -- Nonneoplastic histiocytic proliferations of lymph nodes and bone marrow -- Langerhans cell histiocytosis and Langerhans cell sarcoma -- Other histiocytic and dendritic cell neoplasms -- Pt. 6. Immunodeficiency disorders -- The pathology of primary immunodeficiencies -- Iatrogenic immunodeficiency-associated lymphoproliferative disorders -- Hematopathology of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection -- Pt. 7. Site-specific issues in the diagnosis of lymphoma and leukemia -- Bone marrow evaluation for lymphoma -- Evaluation of the bone marrow after therapy -- Nonhematopoietic neoplasms of the bone marrow -- Nonlymphoid lesions of the lymph nodes -- Spleen: normal architecture and neoplastic and nonneoplastic lesions -- Diagnosis of lymphoma in extranodal sites other than skin -- Appendix: Staining techniques.
- Hematopathology. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeySection 1. Non-neoplastic disorders -- section 2. Lymphomas -- section 3. Leukemias, chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms, and myelodysplasia -- section 4. Disorders of histiocytes, mast cells, plasma cells, spleen, and ancillary techniques.
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation in children with cancer 2014, Springer
- Hematopoietic growth factors in oncology 2011, SpringerPart 1. Background: Biology, Physiology and Pharmacology -- Part 2. The Colony-Stimulating Factors -- Part 3. The Erythroid-Stimulating Agents -- Part 4. The Thrombopoietic Agents -- Part 5. Special Considerations.
- Hematopoietic stem cell development 2006, SpringerOrigin and fate of hematopoietic precursors in the early mouse embryo / Julien Yuan Bertrand ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic development in drosophila: a parallel with vertebrates / Marie Meister and Shubha Govind -- Intraembryonic development of hematopoietic stem cells during human ontogeny: expression analysis / Caroline Marshall -- Gene and cell therapy involving hematopoietic stem cell / Isabelle André-Schmutz and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo. Ventral and dorsal contributions to hematopoiesis in xenopus / Aldo Ciau-Uitz, Maggie Walmsley and Roger Patient -- Genetic dissection of hematopoiesis using the zebrafish / Rebecca A. Wingert and Leonard I. Zon -- Extra- and intraembryonic HSC commitment in the avian model / Thierry Jaffredo ... [et al.] -- Avian lymphopoiesis and transcriptional control of hematopoietic stem cell differentiation / Jussi Liippo and Olli Lassila -- Yolk sac development in mice / James Palis -- Long-term reconstituting hematopoietic stem cell capacity in the embryo / Mervin C. Yoder -- The endothelium: the cradle of definitive hematopoiesis? / Katrin Ottersbach and Elaine Dzierzak -- Endothelial and hematopoietic cells in the intraembryonic compartment / Fumio Arai and Toshio Suda --
- Hematopoietic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe expanding tool kit for hematopoietic stem cell research / William Tse and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation of quiescent murine hematopoietic stem cells by homing properties / Tarja A. Juopperi and Saul J. Sharkis -- Mobilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in mice / Simon N. Robinson and Ronald P. van Os -- Transmigration of human CD34⁺ cells / Seiji Fukuda and Louis M. Pelus -- Flow cytometry-based cell cycle measurement of mouse hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells / Hongmei Shen, Matthew Boyer, and Tao Cheng -- Analysis of apoptosis in hematopoietic stem cells by flow cytometry / William G. Kerr -- In vitro hematopoietic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells / Jinhua Shen and Cheng-Kui Qu -- Hematopoietic development of human embryonic stem cells in culture / Xinghui Tian and Dan S. Kaufman -- In vitro human T cell development directed by notch-ligand interactions / Génève Awong, Ross N. La Motte-Mohs, and Juan Carlos Zuñiga-Pflücker -- In vitro assays for cobblestone area-forming cells, LTC-IC, and CFU-C / Ronald P. van Os, Bertien Dethmers-Ausema, and Gerald de Haan -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in mice by intra-femoral injection / Yuxia Zhan and Yi Zhao -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant into non-myeloblated W/Wv mice to detect steady-state engraftment defects / Zhengqi Wang and Kevin D. Bunting -- Isolation and functional characterization of side population stem cells / Jonathan B. Johnnidis and Fernando D. Camargo -- Transplantation of chimeric fetal liver to study hematopoiesis / Sigrid Eckardt and K. John McLaughlin -- Immunodeficient mouse models to study human stem cell-mediated tissue repair / Ping Zhou ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells / Peter Haviernik, Yi Zhang, and Kevin D. Bunting -- Lentiviral gene transduction of mouse and human stem cells / Zhaohui Ye, Xiaobing Yu, and Linzhao Cheng -- Retroviral integration site analysis in hematopoietic stem cells / Olga S. Kustikova, Christopher Baum, and Boris Fehse -- A detailed protocol for bacterial artificial chromosome recombineering to study essential genes in stem cells / Andriy Tsyrulnyk and Richard Moriggl -- Bioluminescence imaging of hematopoietic stem cell repopulation in murine models / Yuan Lin ... [et al.]
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation 2009, Springer
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerStem cell biology / Elizabeth O. Hexner and Stephen G. Emerson -- Stem cell transplantation for hematologic malignancies / Effie W. Petersdorf -- Immunobiology of transplantation / Robert S. Negrin -- Allogeneic and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukemia and acute myelogenous leukemia in the adult / Anthony Stein and Stephen J. Forman -- Hematopoietic cell transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemia / Uday Popat and Sergio Giralt -- Stem cell transplantation for Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas / John W. Sweetenham -- Transplantation in chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Rifca Le Diew and John G. Gribben -- Stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma / John Koreth and Kenneth C. Anderson -- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and myeloproliferative disorders / Aravind Ramakrishnan and H. Joachim Deeg -- Stem cell transplantation for marrow failure / Philippe Armand and Joseph H. Antin -- Stem cell transplantation for hemoglobinopathies / Catherine J. Wu -- Stem cell sources for allogeneic transplantation / Corey Cutler -- Allogeneic unrelated donor blood and marrow transplantation / Daniel Weisdorf -- Umbilical cord hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Mitchell E. Horwitz and Nelson Chao -- Haploidentical stem cell transplantation / Bimalangshu R. Dey and Thomas R. Spitzer -- Ablative preparative regimens for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Amin Alousi and Marcos de Lima -- Nonmyeloablative transplantation / Frédéric Baron and Brenda M. Sandmaier -- Immune reconstitution after allogeneic transplantation / Carolyn A. Keever-Taylor -- Infection in the hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipient / Francisco M. Marty and Lindsey R. Baden -- EBV lymphoproliferative disease after transplantation / Stephen Gottschalk, Cliona M. Rooney, and Helen E. Heslop -- Hepatic veno-occlusive disease / Erica Linden and Paul Richardson -- Lung injury after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Kenneth R. Cooke and Gregory Yanik -- Quality of life issues post-transplantation / Stephanie J. Lee -- Pathophysiology of acute graft-versus-host disease / Pavan Reddy and James L.M. Ferrara -- Acute graft-versus-host disease / Martin Benesch and H. Joachim Deeg -- Chronic Graft-versus-host disease / Javier Bolaños-Meade and Georgia B. Vogelsang -- Graft manipulation : T cell depletion and tumor cell purging / Vincent T. Ho -- Donor lymphocyte infusions : clinical applications and the graft-versus-leukemia effect / Edwin P. Alyea -- Regenerative medicine : application in cardiovascular diseases / Emerson C. Perin, Guilherme V. Silva, and Marlos R. Fernandes.
- Hemocoagulative problems in the critically ill patient 2012, SpringerPhysiology of Hemostasis / Paola Pradella, Federica Tomasella and Luca Mascaretti -- Monitoring of Hemostasis / Carlo Giansante and Nicola Fiotti -- Anticoagulation Therapy in ICU Patients / Emanuele Marras, Luigi Lo Nigro and Giorgio Berlot -- Inborn Prothrombotic States / Nicola Fiotti and Carlo Giansante -- Inborn Defects of the Coagulative System / Marinella Astuto, Nadia Grasso and Alessandro Trainito -- Inflammation and Coagulation / Walter Vessella, Lara Prisco and Giorgio Berlot -- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation / Antonino Gullo, Chiara Maria Celestre and Annalaura Paratore -- Coagulative Disturbances in Trauma / Giuliana Garufi, Maria Cristina Fiorenza and Giorgio Berlot -- Hypothermia and Coagulation Disorders / Lara Prisco, Vincenzo Campanile and Giorgio Berlot -- Hemostasis in Pregnancy and Obstetric Surgery / Marinella Astuto, Valentina Taranto and Simona Grasso -- Hemostasis During Heart Surgery / Luigi Tritapepe, Sara Iannandrea, Michela Generali and Maria Paola Lauretta -- Hemocoagulative Aspects of Solid Organ Transplantation / Andrea De Gasperi -- Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome / Marco Zambon, Davide Cappelli and Giorgio Berlot -- Pulmonary-Renal Syndrome / Marco Zambon, Davide Cappelli and Giorgio Berlot -- Coagulation Disorders After Central Nervous System Injury / Lara Prisco, Mario Ganau and Giorgio Berlot.
- Hemodynamic monitoring-- evolving technologies and clinical practice Lane Catalog recordPrint Material"This comprehensive, evidence-based guide to hemodynamic monitoring procedures and patient care describes invasive, minimally invasive, and noninvasive techniques for monitoring blood pressure and oxygen levels within the circulatory system. Detailed comprehensive coverage is designed to fit the needs of today's critical care nurses and respiratory therapists."--Page  of cover.
- Hemoglobin disorders molecular methods and protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Hemophilus influenzae protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Introduction to the field of hemostasis and thrombosis -- Basic principles of hemostasis and thrombosis. Coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Platelet biology ; Vascular biology -- Disorders of coagulation, platelets, and vessel wall. Bleeding disorders of coagulation and fibrinolysis ; Acquired and inherited platelet disorders ; Primary disorders of blood vessels ; Therapy of bleeding disorders -- Thrombotic disorders. Venous thrombotic disorders ; Arterial thrombotic disorders ; Complex thrombotic disorders ; Therapeutic agents -- Hemostatic and thrombotic disorders associated with systemic conditions.
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment -- The Metabolic Syndrome -- The Role of Imaging in Cardiovascular Risk Assessment -- Inherited Lipoprotein Disorders -- Advanced Lipid Testing -- Therapeutic Lifestyle Change for the Prevention and Treatment of Hyperlipidemia and Coronary Artery Disease -- Drug Therapy for Dyslipidemia -- Hypertriglyceridemia -- Isolated Low HDL -- Lipoprotein(a) -- HIV with Dyslipidemia -- Treatment of Dyslipidemia in Patients with Renal Insufficiency and End-Stage Renal Disease.
- Intracranial pressure and brain monitoring XIV 2012, SpringerDigitised ICP over Three Decades -- Latency Relationships Between Cerebral Blood Flow Velocity and Intracranial Pressure -- The Linear Relationship Between Transcranial Doppler Pulsatility Indices and Intracranial Pressure Is Influenced by Traumatic Brain Injury and Vasospasm -- Time Constant of the Cerebral Arterial Bed -- Pulse Amplitude and Lempel-Ziv Complexity of the Cerebrospinal Fluid Pressure Signal -- Association Between ICP Pulse Waveform Morphology and ICP B Waves -- Computerized Data Analysis of Neuromonitoring Parameters Identifies Patients with Reduced Cerebral Compliance as Seen on CT -- Early Warning of EUSIG-Defined Hypotensive Events Using a Bayesian Artificial Neural Network -- Trigger Characteristics of EUSIG-Defined Hypotensive Events -- Go Green! Reusing Brain Monitoring Data Containing Missing Values: A Feasibility Study with Traumatic Brain Injury Patients -- Investigation of the Relationship Between Transcranial Impedance and Intracranial Pressure -- Bioinformatics Analysis of Mortality Associated with Elevated Intracranial Pressure in Children -- A Versatile Software for Assessment of CSF Dynamics -- Modified Brainstem Auditory Evoked Responses in Patients with Non-brainstem Compressive Cerebral Lesions -- Analysis of Intracranial Pressure Time Series Using Wavelets (Haar Basis Functions) -- Stationarity in Neuromonitoring Data -- Is ICP Solid or Fluid? In Vitro Biomechanical Model Using a Fluid-Saturated Gel -- Implantable ICP Monitor for Improved Hydrocephalus Management -- Intracranial Pressure Telemetry: First Experience of an Experimental In Vivo Study Using a New Device -- Telemetric ICP Measurement with the First CE-Approved Device: Data from Animal Experiments and Initial Clinical Experiences -- The New ICP Minimally Invasive Method Shows That the Monro-Kellie Doctrine Is Not Valid -- Non-Invasively Estimated ICP Pulse Amplitude Strongly Correlates with Outcome After TBI. Realization of a Comprehensive Non-invasive Detection of Intracranial Pressure Analyzer Based upon FVEP and TCD -- Electrophysiological Monitoring of Cochlear Function as a Non-invasive Method to Assess Intracranial Pressure Variations -- Autoregulatory Model Comparison and Optimisation Methodology -- Assessment of Cerebral Autoregulation from Respiratory Oscillations in Ventilated Patients After Traumatic Brain Injury -- Monitoring of the Association Between Cerebral Blood Flow Velocity and Intracranial Pressure -- How Does Moderate Hypocapnia Affect Cerebral Autoregulation in Response to Changes in Perfusion Pressure in TBI Patients? -- Correlation of Clinical Outcome and Angiographic Vasospasm with the Dynamic Autoregulatory Response After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage -- Comparison of a New Brain Tissue Oxygenation Probe with the Established Standard -- Comparing Brain Tissue Oxygen Measurements and Derived Autoregulation Parameters from Different Probes (Licox vs. Raumedic) -- Experimental Comparison of the Measurement Accuracy of the Licox® and Raumedic® Neurovent-PTO Brain Tissue Oxygen Monitors -- Is PbrO2 Pressure Reactivity Index (ORx) Dependent on the Type of Oxygen Probe? An In Vivo Study -- Continuous Quantitative Monitoring of Cerebral Oxygen Metabolism in Neonates by Ventilator-Gated Analysis of NIRS Recordings -- Near Infrared Spectroscopy as Possible Non-invasive Monitor of Slow Vasogenic ICP Waves -- Drift of the Bowman Hemedex® Cerebral Blood Flow Monitor Between Calibration Cycles -- Quantification of Pulsatile Cerebrospinal Fluid Flow within the Prepontine Cistern -- Delta-ADC (Apparent Diffusion Coefficient) Analysis in Patients with Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus -- Evidence for Altered Spinal Canal Compliance and Cerebral Venous Drainage in Untreated Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension -- Automated Extraction of Decision Rules for Predicting Lumbar Drain Outcome by Analyzing Overnight Intracranial Pressure -- Lack of Correlation of Overnight Monitoring Data and Lumbar Infusion Data in iNPH Patients. Shunt-Dependent Hydrocephalus Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Correlates with Increased S100B Levels in Cerebrospinal Fluid and Serum -- Normal Hypocretin-1 (Orexin A) Levels in Cerebrospinal Fluid in Patients with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension -- Frontal and Temporal Horn Ratio: A Valid and Reliable Index to Determine Ventricular Size in Paediatric Hydrocephalus Patients? -- Intraventricular Cooling During CSF Infusion Studies -- An Uncommon Case of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension with Diagnostic Pitfalls -- Micro-fabricated Shunt to Mimic Arachnoid Granulations for the Treatment of Communicating Hydrocephalus -- On the Method of a Randomised Comparison of Programmable Valves with and Without Gravitational Units: The SVASONA Study -- Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus: Results of a Prospective Cohort of 236 Shunted Patients -- Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (iNPH) and Co-Morbidity: An Outcome Analysis of 134 Patients -- Intracranial Pressure Measurement in Infants Presenting with Progressive Macrocephaly and Enlarged Subarachnoid Spaces -- Treatment Options for Intracranial Arachnoid Cysts: A Retrospective Study of 69 Patients -- A Microdialysis Study of Oral Vigabatrin Administration in Head Injury Patients: Preliminary Evaluation of Multimodality Monitoring -- The Atrial Natriuretic Peptide Does Not Serve Osmoregulation but Predicts Outcome Following Brain Injury -- Bedside Study of Cerebral Critical Closing Pressure in Patients with Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: A Transcranial Doppler Study -- Traumatic Brain Injury in the Elderly: A Significant Phenomenon -- Fixed, Dilated Pupils Following Traumatic Brain Injury: Historical Perspectives, Causes and Ophthalmological Sequelae -- Why Mortality Is Still High with Modern Care of 613 Evacuated Mass Lesions Presented as Severe Head Injuries 1999-2009 -- Late Decompressive Craniectomy as Rescue Treatment for Refractory High Intracranial Pressure in Children and Adults -- CT Angiography as a Confirmatory Test in Brain Death. The Imaging Diagnosis and Prognosis Assessment of Patients with Midbrain Injury in the Acute Phase of Craniocerebral Injury -- The Effect of Intraventricular Thrombolysis in Combination with Low-Frequency Head Motion After Severe Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Interim Analysis of Safety, Clot Clearance Rate and Delayed Cerebral Ischemia -- Early CT Perfusion Measurement After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: A Screening Method to Predict Outcome? -- Cerebrospinal Fluid Lactate Concentration After Withdrawal of Metabolic Suppressive Therapy in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage -- Effect of Increased ICP and Decreased CPP on DND and Outcome in ASAH -- Prior Statin Use Has No Effect on Survival After Intracerebral Hemorrhage in a Multiethnic Asian Patient Cohort -- The Impact of Silver Nanoparticle-Coated and Antibiotic-Impregnated External Ventricular Drainage Catheters on the Risk of Infections: A Clinical Comparison of 95 Patients -- Dependence of Cerebrospinal Fluid Pressure and Volume on the Changes in Serum Osmolarity in Cats -- The Effect of Body Position on Intraocular and CSF Pressures in the Lateral Ventricle, and in Cortical and Lumbar Subarachnoid Spaces in Cats -- Pressure Reactivity Index Correlates with Metabolic Dysfunction in a Porcine Model of Intracerebral Hemorrhage -- Evidence of Spreading Depolarizations in a Porcine Cortical Intracerebral Hemorrhage Model -- Spontaneous Cortical Spreading Depression and Intracranial Pressure Following Acute Subdural Hematoma in a Rat -- The Peptide AF-16 and the AF Protein Counteract Intracranial Hypertension -- Influence of Isoflurane on Neuronal Death and Outcome in a Rat Model of Traumatic Brain Injury -- Correlation of the Intracranial Pressure to the Central Venous Pressure in the Late Phase of Acute Liver Failure in a Porcine Model -- Visualisation of Cortical pO2 During an Epidural Mass Lesion in Rodents -- Development of an Experimental Model to Study the Pathophysiology of Cerebral Salt Wasting Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage.
- Jak-Stat signaling from basics to disease 2012, SpringerThe Continuing Fascination with Jaks and Stats: An Introduction / Thomas Decker and Mathias Müller -- Regulation of JAKs: Insights Gleaned from the Functional Protein Domains / Claude Haan, Daniela Ungureanu, Tuija Pekkala, Olli Silvennoinen and Serge Haan -- Nuclear Functions of the Janus Kinases / Mark A. Dawson and Andrew J. Bannister -- Self-association of STAT Proteins from Monomers to Paracrystals / Mathias Droescher and Uwe Vinkemeier -- How Stats Interact with the Molecular Machinery of Transcriptional Activation / Amanda M. Jamieson, Matthias Farlik and Thomas Decker -- Nongenomic Functions of STAT3 / Daniel J. Gough, Pravin Sehgal and David E. Levy -- Evolution of Jak and Stat Proteins / Claus Vogl, Priyank Shukla and Ingo Ebersberger -- JAK/STAT and Chromatin Regulation in Drosophila / Kriti Gaur and Willis X. Li -- JAK/STAT Signaling and Invertebrate Immune Responses / Feng Zhou and Hervé Agaisse -- Stat5 as a Hematopoietic Master Regulator for Differentiation and Neoplasia Development / Harini Nivarthi, Katrin Friedbichler and Richard Moriggl -- Regulation of Dendritic Cell Development by STATs / Haiyan S. Li and Stephanie S. Watowich. STAT Transcription Factors: Controlling All Aspects of NK Cell Biology / Eva Maria Putz, Eva Zebedin and Veronika Sexl -- Function of JAKs and STATs in Lymphocytes: Bench to Bedside / Alejandro Villarino, Xiang-Ping Yang, Kiyoshi Hirahara, Yuka Kanno and John J. O' Shea, et al. -- The Role of Janus Kinases in Hematopoietic Malignancies / Damla Olcaydu and Robert Kralovics -- Activation of Janus Kinases During Tumorigenesis / Jeffrey W. Schmidt and Kay-Uwe Wagner -- STAT1 and STAT3 Transcription Factors in Inflammation-associated Colon Cancer / Paulina Rampetsreiter and Robert Eferl -- Universal and Specific Functions of STAT3 in Solid Tumours / Lidia Avalle, Gabriella Regis and Valeria Poli -- Impact of STAT5 on Normal Tissue Development and Cancer / Maria M. Caffarel and Christine J. Watson -- Crosstalk with the Jak-STAT Pathway in Inflammation / Lionel B. Ivashkiv -- Activation and Inhibition of JAK-STAT Signal Transduction by RNA Viruses / Curt M. Horvath -- Multifaceted Antiviral Actions of Interferon-stimulated Gene Products / Birgit Strobl, Nicole R. Leitner and Mathias Müller -- Interferon Regulation of the Innate Response to Bacteria / Ali Abdul-Sater and Christian Schindler.
- Lichtman's Atlas of Hematology 2007, AccessMedicineProvides on-line access to images that are characteristic of a wide array of hematological disorders and other disorders that affect the blood, enhancing written descriptions found in Williams Hematology and other relevant medical books.
- Lymphoma diagnosis and treatment 2013, SpringerRecently, understanding the molecular pathogenesis of malignant lymphomas has led to improvement in the diagnostic precision and to the identification of a variety of molecular therapeutic targets. In addition, new drugs have been approved in the US and Europe, resulting in changes in the standard of care of several types of lymphoid malignancies. Comprehensive in scope and developed by a team of internationally renowned authors, Lymphoma: Diagnosis and Treatment provides a timely update on the most important advances in the biology, diagnosis, and therapy of lymphomas. As part of the Current Clinical Oncology series, Lymphoma: Diagnosis and Treatment will be of value to medical oncologists, hematologists, radiation oncologists, and all physicians involved in the care of patients with lymphoid malignancies.
- Manual of clinical hematology. 3rd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Manual of pediatric hematology and oncology. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Classification and Diagnosis of Anemia in Children -- Chapter 2. Anemia During the Neonatal Period -- Chapter 3. Iron-Deficiency Anemia -- Chapter 4. Megaloblastic Anemia -- Chapter 5. Hematologic Manifestations of Systemic Illness -- Chapter 6. Bone Marrow Failure -- Chapter 7. Red Cell Membrane and Enzyme Defects -- Chapter 8. Hemoglobinopathies -- Chapter 9. Extracorpuscular Hemolytic Anemia -- Chapter 10. Polycythemia -- Chapter 11. Disorders of White Blood Cells -- Chapter 12. Disorders of Platelets -- Chapter 13. Hemostatic Disorders -- Chapter 14. Thrombotic Disorders -- Chapter 15. Lymphadenopathy and Splenomegaly -- Chapter 16. Lymphoproliferative Disorders, Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Myeloproliferative Disorders -- Chapter 17. Leukemias -- Chapter 18. Histiocytosis Syndromes -- Chapter 19. Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 20. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Chapter 21. Central Nervous System Malignancies -- Chapter 22. Neuroblastoma -- Chapter 23. Renal Tumors -- Chapter 24. Rhabdomyosarcoma and Other Soft-Tissue Sarcomas -- Chapter 25. Malignant Bone Tumors -- Chapter 26. Retinoblastoma -- Chapter 27. Germ Cell Tumors -- Chapter 28. Hepatic Tumors -- Chapter 29. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Chapter 30. Management of Oncologic Emergencies -- Chapter 31. Supportive Care of Patients with Cancer -- Chapter 32. Evaluation, Investigations and Management of Late Effects of Childhood Cancer -- Chapter 33. Psychosocial Aspects of Cancer for Children and their Families.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.