Books by Subject
- Advances in natural medicines, nutrac...
- — Microbiology and aging .................
- Mild stress and healthy aging ..........
- — WHO Global report on falls prevention...
- Mild stress and healthy aging 2008, Springer
- Neuroimaging in dementia 2011, Springer
- Nutrition and aging 2002, KargerThe Mitochondrial Genome, Aging and Neurodegenerative Disorders / D.A. Cottrell, D.M. Turnbull (Newcastle upon Tyne) -- Effects of Caloric Restriction on Gene Expression / R. Weindruch, T. Kayo, C.-K. Lee, T.A. Prolla (Madison, Wisc.) -- Early Life Effects on Aging / A. Aihie Sayer, C. Cooper (Southampton) -- Impaired Regulation of Energy Intake in Old Age / S.B. Roberts (Boston, Mass.) -- Aging and Body Composition / J.J. Kehayias (Boston, Mass.) -- Insulin Resistance: A Genetic Approach. Overview / M.T. Martinez Larrad, J.L. Gonzalez Sanchez, M. Serrano Rios (Madrid) -- Functional Changes in the Gastrointestinal System / S. Hirsch, M.P. de la Maza (Santiago) -- The Impact of Nutrition on Bone Health: New Concepts / P. Burckhardt (Lausanne) -- Nutrition and Cognition in Older Persons / J.E. Morley (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Known Related Effects of Nutrition on Aging Muscle Function / H. Payette (Sherbrooke) -- Exercise, Sarcopenia, Cognition, and Mood / R. Roubenoff (Boston, Mass.) -- The 2001 Assessment of Nutritional Influences on Risk of Cataract / A. Taylor, M. Hobbs (Boston, Mass.) -- Age-Related Changes in Hydration / M.J. Arnaud (Vittel) -- Nutrition and the Aging Immune Response / 0. Adolfsson, S.N. Meydani (Boston, Mass.) -- Physical Assessment for Aging Prediction / M. Ferry (Valence), B. Lesourd (Clermont-Ferrand), P. Pftizenmeyer (Dijon) -- Rationale for Tests of the Neuropsychiatric Effects of Nutrient Deficiency / M. Folstein, T. Scott (Boston, Mass.).
- Osteoporosis in older persons 2009, Springer
- Oxidative stress in aging 2008, Springer
- Pathology of the aging human nervous system. 2nd ed. 2001, MyiLibrary
- Pharmacological mechanisms in Alzheimer's therapeutics 2008, Springer
- Practice of geriatrics. 4th ed. 2007, MD ConsultGeneral issues in geriatric practice -- Systems of care in geriatric practice -- Prevention/rehabilitation -- Syndromes -- Neuropsychiatric disorders in geriatric practice -- Medical and surgical disorders.
- Prevention and treatment of age-related diseases 2006, SpringerBiological causes of aging and age-related diseases /Suresh I.S. Rattan --Immunity, inflammation and infections during aging :the susceptibility to infections in elderly individuals /Miriam Capri, ... [et al.] --Progress and development in Parkinson disease therapy /Carsten R. Bjarkam and Jens C. Sørensen --Understanding and treating Alzheimer's disease /Umesh Kumar, Alexander Roland and Stephen A. Burbidge --Slowing down age-related muscle loss and sarcopenia /P. Noirez and G. Butler-Browne --Pathophysiology, prevention and treatment of age-related osteoporosis in women /Moustapha Kassem and Kim Brixen --Arthritis and its treatment /Ashit Syngle --Recent developments in the treatment of diabetes Type 2 /Jan O. Nehlen --Age-related cataract :management and prevention /Mayank A. Nanavaty, Abhay R. Vasavada and P.D. Gupta --Skin aging :pathogenesis, prevention and treatment /Mary S. Jung, Kristen M. Kelly and Jerry L. McCullough --Aging and periodontal disease /R. Suresh --Molecular diagnosis of breast cancer /Lise Lotte Hansen --Prostate disease in the aging male :prevention, diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer /Anne R. Simoneau --Human premature aging diseases :molecular biology to clinical diagnosis /Dai-Di Gan, ... [et al.] --Protein aggregation in aging and age-related neurodegenerative disorders /Jeffrey N. Keller and Qunxing Ding --Nutritional deficiency and its modulation in old age /Carlos K.B. Ferrari --Dietary fats and age-related diseases /Kaustuv Bhattacharya and Suresh I.S. Rattan.
- Protein phosphorylation in aging and age-related disease. 1st ed. 2004., ScienceDirect
- Quality of life in old age 2007, Springer
- Recent advances in psychology and aging. 1st ed. 2004., ScienceDirectAging and the seven sins of memory / Benton H. Pierce, Jon S. Simons and Daniel L. Schacter -- Age-related changes in visual attention / David J. Madden and Wythe L. Whiting -- Studies of aging, hypertension and cognitive functioning : with contributions from the Maine-Syracuse study / Merrill F. Elias ... [et al.] -- A life span view of emotional functioning in adulthood and old age / Susan T. Charles and Laura L. Carstensen -- Personality and self-esteem development across the life span / Kali H.Trzesniewski ... [et al.] -- The evolving concept of subjective well-being : the multifaceted nature of happiness / Ed Diener, Christie Napa Scollon and Richard E. Lucas -- A cultural lens on biopsychosocial models of aging / James S. Jackson, Toni C. Antonucci and Edna Brown.
- Resilience in aging 2011, SpringerResilience: definitions, ambiguities, and applications -- Successful aging and resilience: applications for public health and health care -- Resilience and personality disorders in older age -- What do we know about resilience in older adults?: an exploration of some facts, factors, and facets -- Psychological resilience -- Physiological resilience -- Using the arts to promote resiliency among persons with dementia and their caregivers -- Promoting worker resilience over the lifecourse -- Resilience in aging: cultural and ethnic perspectives -- Civic engagement: policies and programs to support a resilient aging society -- Strengthened by the spirit: religion, spirituality, and resilience through adulthood and aging -- Resilience in chronic illness -- The relationship between resilience and motivation -- The association between resilience and survival among Chinese elderly -- Fostering resilience in dementia through narratives: contributions of multimedia technologies -- Building resilience in mild cognitive impairment and early-stage dementia: innovative approaches to intervention and outcome evaluation -- African-American caregivers finding resilience through faith -- The age-friendly New York City project: an environmental intervention to increase aging resilience -- Promoting resilience in small-scale, homelike residential care settings for older people with dementia: experiences from the Netherlands and the United States -- A geriatric mobile crisis response team: a resilience-promoting program to meet the mental health needs of community-residing older people -- Optimizing resilience in the 21st century -- Resilience in the workplace: job conditions that buffer negative attitudes toward older workers.
- Self management of chronic disease 2009, Springer
- Sexuality and aging 2012, Springer
- Sleep and aging. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Stem cells. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Synaptic plasticity and the mechanism of Alzheimer's disease 2008, Springer
- Testosterone and aging 2003, NAP
- Understanding and preventing falls 2006, CRCnetBASE
- I. Magnitude of falls : a worldwide overview -- II. Active ageing: a framework for the global strategy for the prevention of falls in older age -- III. Determinants of active ageing as they relate to falls in older age -- IV. Challenges for prevention of falls in older age -- V. Examples of effective policies and interventions
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle