Books by Subject
- (Opinionated) guide to microarray dat...
- — Ethical challenges in genomics resear...
- Eukaryotic transcription factors. 4th...
- — Mammalian and avian transgenesis - ne...
- Mammalian artificial chromosomes .......
- — Regulatory genome ......................
- Regulatory RNAs ........................
- — Zebrafish. Genetics, genomics, and in...
- Regulatory RNAs 2006, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressMechanism and biology of RNAi -- Genome-wide approaches -- Small RNAs in development -- Telomeres and cancer -- End regulation of transcripts -- RNPs and RNA editing -- Biology of short RNAs -- Control of gene expression by noncoding RNAs -- Heterochromatin -- Quality control, messenger RNA turnover, and translational control.
- Regulatory RNAs 2012, Springerpt. 1. Basics -- pt. 2. Methods -- pt. 3. Applications.
- Repetitive DNA 2012, KargerThe Repetitive DNA Content of Eukaryotic Genomes / López-Flores, I.; Garrido-Ramos, M.A. -- Telomere Dynamics in Mammals / Silvestre, D.C.; Londoño-Vallejo, A. -- Drosophila Telomeres: an Example of Co-Evolution with Transposable Elements / Silva-Sousa, R.; López-Panadès, E.; Casacuberta, E. -- The Evolutionary Dynamics of Transposable Elements in Eukaryote Genomes / Tollis, M.; Boissinot, S. -- SINEs as Driving Forces in Genome Evolution / Schmitz, J. -- Unstable Microsatellite Repeats Facilitate Rapid Evolution of Coding and Regulatory Sequences / Jansen, A.; Gemayel, R.; Verstrepen, K.J. -- Satellite DNA Evolution / Plohl, M.; Meštrović, N.; Mravinac, B. -- Satellite DNA-Mediated Effects on Genome Regulation / Pezer, Ž.; Brajković, J.; Feliciello, I.; Ugarković, Đ. -- The Birth-and-Death Evolution of Multigene Families Revisited / Eirín-López, J.M.; Rebordinos, L.; Rooney, A.P.; Rozas, J. -- Chromosomal Distribution and Evolution of Repetitive DNAs in Fish / Cioffi, M.B.; Bertollo, L.A.C..
- Reporter genes 2007, Springer ProtocolsMethodologies for staining and visualization of [beta]-galactosidase in mouse embryos and tissues / Siobhan Loughna and Deborah Henderson -- Immunohistochemical detection of [beta]-galactosidase or green fluorescent protein on tissue sections / Philip A. Seymour and Maike Sander -- Detection of reporter gene expression in murine airways / Maria Limberis, Peter Bell, and James M. Wilson -- Three-dimensional analysis of molecular signals with episcopic imaging techniques / Wolfgang J. Weninger and Timothy J. Mohun -- Fluorescent proteins for cell biology / George H. Patterson -- Detection of GFP during nervous system development in Drosophila melanogaster / Karin Edoff, James S. Dods, and Andrea H. Brand -- Autofluorescent proteins for flow cytometry / Charles G. Bailey and John E. J. Rasko -- Fluorescent protein reporter systems for single-cell measurements / Steven K. Dower, Eva E. Qwarnstrom, and Endre Kiss-Toth -- Subcellular imaging of cancer cells in live mice / Robert M. Hoffman -- Noninvasive imaging of molecular events with bioluminescent reporter genes in living subjects / Pritha Ray and Sanjiv Sam Gambhir -- Green fluorescent protein as a tracer in chimeric tissues : the power of vapor fixation / Harald Jockusch and Daniel Eberhard.
- Research in computational molecular biology Springer, 2007
- Research in computational molecular biology Springer, 2005
- Retrotransposition, diversity, and the brain 2008, Springer
- Reviews and protocols in DT40 research 2006, SpringerCh. 1. DT40 gene disruptions: a how-to for the design and the construction of targeting vectors / Hiroshi Arakawa and Jean-Marie Buerstedde -- Ch. 2. Immunoglobulin gene conversion or hypermutation: That's the question / Jean-Marie Buerstedde and Hiroshi Arakawa -- Ch. 3. Genome resources for the DT40 community / Randolph B Caldwell and Andrzej M. Kierzek -- Ch. 4. Chromosome engineering in DT40 cells and mammalian centromere function / William R.A. Brown ... [et al.] -- Ch. 5. Function of recQ family helicase in genome stability / Masayuki Seki, Shusuke Tada and Takemi Enomoto -- Ch. 6. Genetic analysis of apoptotic execution / Sandrine Ruchaud ... [et al.] -- Ch. 7. The DT40 system as a tool for analyzing kinetochore assembly / Masahiro Okada, Tesuya Hori and Tatsuo Fukagawa -- Ch. 8. Analysing the DNA damage and replication checkpoints in DT40 cells / Michael D Rainey, George Zachos, and David AF Gillespie -- Ch. 9. Using DT40 to study clathrin function / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- Ch. 10. Genetic analysis OF B cell signaling / Hisaaki Shinohara and Tomohiro Kurosaki --Ch. 11. DT40 mutants: a model to study transcriptional regulation of B cell development and function / Jukka Alinikula, Olli Lassila and Kalle-Pekka Nera -- Ch. 12. Transcription and RNA processing factors play complex roles IN DT40 cells / Stephanie Bush and James L. Manley -- Ch. 13. Participation of histones, histone modifying enzymes and histone chaperones in vertebrate cell functions / Hidehiko Kikuchi ... [et al.] -- Ch. 14. Analysis of gene expression, copy number and palindrome formation with a DT40 enriched cDNA Microarray / Paul E. Neima ... [et al.] -- Ch. 15. Analysis of DNA replication damage bypass and its role in immunoglobulin repertoire development / Julian E. Sale, Anna-Laura Ross and Laura J. Simpson -- Ch. 16. The fanconi anemia pathway promotes homologous recombination repair in DT40 cell line / Julian E. Sale, Anna-Laura Ross and Laura J. Simpson -- Ch. 17. Calcium signaling, ion channels and more / Anne-Laure Perraud, Carsten Schmitz, Andrew M. Scharenberg -- Ch. 18. Phenotypic analysis of cellular responses to DNA damage / Helfrid Hochegger and Shunichu Takeda -- Ch. 19. ATM, a paradigm for a stress-responsive signal transducer in higher vertebrate cells / Ken-ichi Yamamoto, Masahiko Kobayashi and Hiroko Shimizu --METHOD 1. Stable transfection of DT40 / Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 2. Basic cell culture conditions / Huseyin Saribasak and Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 3. Excision of floxed-DNA sequences by transient induction of Mer-Cre-Mer / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 4. Immunoglobulin gene conversion and hypermutation assay by FACS / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 5. Target screening by PCR / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 6. Mitotic index determination by flow cytometry / David AF Gillespie and Mark Walker -- METHOD 7. Centrifugal elutriation as a means of cell cycle phase separation and synchronization / David AF Gillespie and Catarina Henriques -- METHOD 8. Preparation of genomic DNA for microarray-based comparative genome hybridization / Robert Kimmel, Amalia Icreverzi, Paul Neiman -- METHOD 9. Analysis of cellular Mg2+ in DT40 cells / Anne-Laure Perraud, Carsten Schmitz, Andrew M. Scharenberg -- METHOD 10. Transient transfection of DT40 / Roger Franklin & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 11. Retroviral transduction of DT40 / Felix Randow & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 12. Colony survival assay / Laura. J. Simpson & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 13. Subcloning DT40 by limiting dilution / Jean-Marie Buerstedde --METHOD 14. Subnuclear immunofluorescence / Dávid Szüts & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 15. Sister chromatid exchange assay / Laura J. Simpson & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 16. 2D cell cycle analysis / Roger Franklin & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 17. Purification of tap-tagged proteins by two-step pull down from DT40 cells / Hiroyuki Kitao and Minoru Takata -- METHOD 18. Synchronization of cells / Eiichiro Sonoda -- METHOD 19. Tranfection of DT40 cells / Huseyin Saribasak and Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 20. Luciferase reporter assay / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 21. Indirect immunofluorescence microscopy / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 22. Quantification of receptor-mediated endocytosis / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 23. Measurement of DNA synthesis and strand breaks using alkaline sucrose density gradient centrifugation / Kouichi Yamada and Jun Takezawa -- METHOD 24. Fractionation of nuclear and cytoplasmic proteins from DT40 cell lines / Yan-Dong Wang and Randolph B Caldwell.
- Ribozymes and siRNA protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer Protocols
- RNA 2001, ScienceDirect
- RNA 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe transcriptional landscape -- Working with RNA -- Synthesis of RNA by in vitro transcription -- Efficient poly(A)+ RNA selection using LNA oligo(T) capture -- Genome browsers -- Web-based tools for studying RNA structure and function -- Northern blotting analysis -- Rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE) -- Fractionation of mRNA based on the length of the poly(A) tail -- Analysis of mutations that influence pre-mRNA splicing -- S1 nuclease analysis of alternatively spliced mRNA -- Promises and challenges in developing RNAi as a research tool and therapy -- Inhibition of gene function in mammalian cells using short-hairpin RNA (shRNA) -- Validation of RNAi by real time PCR -- Profiling RNA polymerase II using the fast chromatin immunoprecipitation method -- The post-transcriptional operon -- RIP-chip analysis : RNA-binding protein immunoprecipitation-microarray (chip) profiling -- Isolation of RNP granules -- Electrophoretic mobility shift assay for characterizing RNA-protein interaction -- Polysome analysis and RNA purification from sucrose gradients -- Prediction of targets for microRNAs -- Outsourcing of experimental work.
- RNA editing 2007, ScienceDirect
- RNA editing 2008, SpringerEditing reactions from the perspective of RNA structure / Matthias Homann -- Editing of tRNA for structure and function / Juan D. Alfonzo -- RNA editing by adenosine deaminases that act on RNA (ADARs) / Michael F. Jantsch and Marie Öhman -- Insertion/deletion editing in Physarum polycephalum / Jonatha M. Gott and Amy C. Rhee -- RNA editing in plant mitochondria / Mizuki Takenaka ... [et al.] -- RNA editing in chloroplasts / Masahiro Sugiura -- Working together : the RNA editing machinery in Trypanosoma brucei / Jason Carnes and Kenneth Stuart -- RNA editing accessory factors : the example of mHel61p / H. Ulrich Göringer ... [et al.] -- The function of RNA editing in trypanosomes / Torsten Ochsenreiter and Stephen Hajduk -- Evolutionary aspects of RNA editing / Dave Speijer.
- RNA exosome 2011, Springer"The diversity of RNAs inside living cells is amazing. We have known of the more "classic" RNA species: mRNA, tRNA, rRNA, snRNA and snoRNA for some time now, but in a steady stream new types of molecules are being described as it is becoming clear that most of the genomic information of cells ends up in RNA. To deal with the enormous load of resulting RNA processing and degradation reactions, cells need adequate and efficient molecular machines. The RNA exosome is arising as a major facilitator to this effect. Structural and functional data gathered over the last decade have illustrated the biochemical importance of this multimeric complex and its many co-factors, revealing its enormous regulatory power. By gathering some of the most prominent researchers in the exosome field, it is the aim of the book to introduce this fascinating protein complex and to give a timely and rich account of its many functions"--Provided by publisher.
- RNA infrastructure and networks 2011, SpringerThe RNA infrastructure : an introduction to ncRNA networks / Lesley J. Collins -- RNA interactions / Manja Marz and Peter F. Stadler -- Plant RNA silencing in viral defence / Vitantonio Pantaleo -- Micrornas as post-transcriptional machines and their interplay with cellular networks / Sarath Chandra Janga and Swathi Vallabhaneni -- Spatiotemporal aspects of microRNA-mediated gene regulation / Joris Pothof and Dik C. van Gent -- Spliceosomal RNA infrastructure : the network of splicing components and their regulation by miRNAs / Lesley J. Collins -- Construction, structure, and dynamics of post-transcriptional regulatory network directed by RNA binding proteins / Sarath Chandra Janga and Nitish Mittal -- Safe keeping the message : mRNP complexes tweaking after transcription / Said Hafidh, Věra Čapková, and David Honys -- Unexpected functions of tRNA and tRNA processing enzymes / Rebecca L. Hurto -- Programmed DNA elimination in tetrahymena : a small RNA mediated genome surveillance mechanism / Kensuke Kataoka and Kazufumi Mochizuki -- Long noncoding RNA and epigenomics / Chandrasekhar Kanduri -- Promoter associated long noncoding RNAs repress transcription through a RNA binding protein TLS / Riki Kurokawa -- RNA networks in prokaryotes I :CRISPRs and riboswitches / Patrick J. Biggs and Lesley J. Collins -- RNA networks in prokaryotes II : tRNA processing and small RNAs / Lesley J. Collins and Patrick J. Biggs -- Localization of the bacterial RNA infrastructure / Kenneth C. Keiler -- Small RNA discovery and characterisation in eukaryotes using high throughput approaches / Helio Pais ... [et al.] -- How old are RNA networks? / Toni Daly, X. Sylvia Chen, and David Penny.
- RNA interference 2005, ScienceDirect
- RNA interference technology 2005, MyiLibraryChemical modifications to achieve increased stability and sensitive detection of siRNA -- RNA interference in postimplantation mouse embryos -- In ovo RNAi opens new possibilities for functional genomics in vertebrates -- Sect. 4. Gene silencing in model organisms. Practical applications of RNAi in C. elegans -- Inducible RNAi as a forward genetic tool in Trypanosoma brucei -- RNA-mediated gene silencing in fission yeast -- RNA silencing in filamentous fungi: Mucor ciccinelloides as a model organism -- RNAi and gene silencing phenomena mediated by viral suppressors in plants --Sect. 1. Basic RNAi, siRNA, microRNAs and gene-silencing mechanisms. RNAi beginnings. Overview of the pathway in C. elegans -- Dicer in RNAi: its roles in vivo and utility in vitro -- Genes required for RNA interference -- MicroRNAs: a small contribution from worms -- miRNAs in the brain and the application of RNAi to neurons -- Sect. 2. Design, synthesis of siRNAs. Degign and synthesis of small interfering RNA (siRNA) -- Automated design and high throughput chemical synthesis of siRNA -- Rational design of siRNAs with the Sfold software -- Enzymatic production of small interfering RNAs -- Sect. 3. Vector development and in vivo, in vitro and in ovo delivery methods. Six methods of inducing RNAi in mammalian cells -- Viral delivery of shRNA -- siRNA delivery by lentiviral vectors: design and applications -- Liposomal delivery of siRNAs in mice --Sect. 5. Drug target validation. Delivering siRNA in vivo for functional genomics and novel therapeutics -- The role of RNA interference in drug target validation: application to Hepatitis C -- RNAi in the drug discovery process -- RNA interference technology in the discovery and validation of druggable targets -- Sect. 6. Therapeutic and drug development. RNAi-mediated silencing of viral gene expression and replication -- RNAi in drug development: practical considerations -- RNA interference studies in liver failure -- RNAi applications in living animal systems -- Sect. 7. High-throughput genome-wide RNAi analysis. High-throughput RNAi by soaking in Caenorhabtis elegans -- Tools for integrative genomics: genome-wide RNAi and expression profiling in Drosophila -- Microarray analysis and RNA silencing to determine genes functionally important in mesothelioma -- High-throughput RNA interference -- Generation of highly specific vector-based shRNAi libraries directed against the entire human genome.
- RNA interference, editing, and modification 2004, Springer Protocols
- RNA methodologies. 4th ed. 2010, ScienceDirectRNA and the cellular biochemistry revisited -- RNA isolation strategies -- The truth about tissues -- Going green : RNA and the molecular biology of plants -- Isolation of polyadenylated RNA -- Quality control for RNA preparations -- Resilient ribonucleases -- Stringency : conditions that influence nucleic acid structure -- Electrophoresis of RNA -- Photodocumentation and image analysis -- Northern analysis -- Nucleic acid probe technology -- Practical nucleic acid hybridization -- Principles of detection -- Quantifications of specific mRNAs by nuclease protection -- Analysis of nuclear RNA -- cDNA synthesis -- RT-PCR : a science and an art form -- Quantitative PCR techniques -- Functional genomics and transcript profiling -- High-throughput analysis of gene expression -- Non-array methods for global analysis of gene expression -- RNAi : take a RISC-role the dicer -- Genomes, transcriptomes, proteomes, and bioinformatics -- An RNA paradigm.
- RNA modification 2007, ScienceDirect
- RNA polymerases and associated factors. Part C-D pt. C-D, 2003., ScienceDirectpt. D ScienceDirect
- RNA silencing 2005, Springer ProtocolsDetection of microRNAs and assays to monitor microRNA activities in vivo and in vitro / Marianthi Kiriakidou ... [et al.] -- High-throughput analysis of microRNA gene expression using sensitive probes / Mouldy Sioud and Øystein Røsok -- Modification of human U1 snRNA for inhibition of gene expression at the level of pre-mRNA / Peng Liu ... [et al.].Identification of components of RNAi pathways using the tandem affinity purification method / Mikiko C. Siomi and Haruhiko Siomi -- Separation of Drosophila RNA silencing complexes by native gel electrophoresis / John W. Pham and Erik J. Sontheimer -- Preparation and analysis of drosha / Yoontae Lee and V. Narry Kim -- RNA interference in Caenorhabditis elegans / Nathaniel R. Dudley and Bob Goldstein -- Down-regulating gene expression by RNA interference in Trypanosoma brucei / Christine E. Clayton ... [et al.] -- Analysis of double-stranded RNA and small RNAs involved in RNA-mediated transcriptional gene silencing / M. Florian Mette ... [et al.] -- Strategies for the design of random siRNA libraries and the selection of anti-GFP siRNAs / Mouldy Sioud and Sébastien Wälchli -- Silencing gene expression with dicer-generated siRNA pools / Jason W. Myers and James E. Ferrell Jr. --Inhibition of gene expression in vivo using multiplex siRNA / Sung-Suk Chae and Timothy Hla -- Gene silencing by a DNA vector based RNAi technology / Guangchao Sui and Yang Shi -- Plasmid-based RNA interference: construction of small-hairpin RNA expression vectors / Scott Q. Harper and Beverly L. Davidson -- SiRNA delivery in vivo / Mouldy Sioud -- Peptide-based strategy for siRNA delivery into mammalian cells / Federica Simeoni ... [et al.] -- Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells / Mingjie Li and John J. Rossi -- Exon-specific RNA interference: a tool to determine the functional relevance of proteins encoded by alternatively spliced mRNAs / Alicia M. Celotto, Joo-Won Lee, and Brenton R. Graveley -- Immunoprecipitation of microRNPs and directional cloning of microRNAs / Elisavet Maniataki, Maria Dels Angels De Planell Saguer, and Zissimos Mourelatos --
- RNA technologies and their applications 2010, SpringerThe key features of RNA silencing / Kuniaki Saito ... [et al.] -- Selected strategies for the delivery of siRNA in vitro and in vivo / Sandra D. Laufer ... [et al.] -- RNAi suppression and its application / Xiaoping Yi, Rui Lu -- Strategies to prevent siRNA-triggered cellular toxicity / Matthias Bauer -- RNAi in malignant brain tumors: relevance to molecular and translational research / Mitsutoshi Nakada ... [et al.] -- Silencing Huntington's disease gene with RNAi / Yu Zhang, Robert M. Friedlander -- Application of Dicer-substrate siRNA in pain research / Philippe Sarret ... [et al.] -- RNAi treatment of HIV-1 infection / Karin J. von Eije, Ben Berkhout -- Application of RNA interference to treat conditions associated with dysregulation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 channel / Vickram Ramkumar ... [et al.] -- Harnessing RNAi-based functional genomics to unravel the molecular complexity underlying skin pigment variation / Hsiang Ho ... [et al.] --mRNA structure and its effects on posttranscriptional gene silencing / Stephen I. Rudnick, Veenu Aishwarya, Alan M. Gewirtz -- Antisense RNA-mediated regulation of the p53 tumor suppressor / Marianne Farnebo, Klas G. Wiman -- Antisense oligonucleotides: insights from preclinical studies and clinical trials / Doreen Kunze, Kai Kraemer, Susanne Fuessel -- What can the new hammerhead ribozyme structures teach us about design? / William G. Scott -- microRNA biogenesis and its impact on RNA interference / Stefanie Grund, Sven Diederichs -- MicroRNAs in epithelial antimicrobial immunity / Jun Liu ... [et al.] -- Emerging roles of long noncoding RNAs in gene expression and intracellular organization / Tetsuro Hirose -- Noncoding RNAs as therapeutic targets / Maciej Szymański, Jan Barciszewski -- Noncoding RNAs at H19/IGF2 locus: role in imprinting, gene expression, and associated pathologies / Nahalie Berteaux, Nathalie Spruyt, Eric Adriaenssens.
- RNA turnover in bacteria, archaea and organelles 2008, ScienceDirect
- RNA turnover in eukaryotes 2008, ScienceDirect
- RNAi 2008, Springer Protocols
- RT-PCR protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Sequence - evolution - function 2003., NLM
- Sequence comparison 2009, Springer
- Serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) 2008, Springer ProtocolsSAGE and LongSAGE / Annabeth Laursen Høgh and Kåre Lehmann Nielsen -- Robust-LongSAGE (RL-SAGE) : an improved LongSAGE method for high-throughput transcriptome analysis / Malali Gowda and Guo-Liang Wang -- aRNA LongSAGE : SAGE with antisense RNA / Anna M. Heidenblut -- SuperSAGE / Hideo Matsumura ... [et al.] -- Low-cost-medium throughput Sanger dideoxy sequencing / Kåre Lehmann Nielsen -- DeepSAGE : higher sensitivity and multiplexing of samples using a simpler experimental protocol / Kåre Lehmann Nielsen -- High-resolution, genome-wide mapping of chromatin modifications by GMAT / Tae-Young Roh and Keji Zhao -- 5'- and 3'-RACEfrom LongSAGE tags / Kåre Lehmann Nielsen -- Extraction and annotation of SAGE tags using sequence quality values / Jeppe Emmersen -- Correction of technology-related artifacts in serial analysis of gene expression / Viatcheslav R. Akmaev -- Duplicate ditag analysis in LongSAGE / Jeppe Emmersen -- Statistical comparison of two or more SAGE libraries : one tag at a time / Gerben J. Schaaf ... [et al.] -- Scaling of gene expression data allowing the comparison of different gene expression platforms / Fred van Ruissen ... [et al.] -- Clustering analysis of SAGE transcription profiles using a Poisson approach / Haiyan Huang, Li Cai, and Wing H. Wong -- Identifying nonspecific SAGE tags by context of gene expression / Xijin Ge and San Ming Wang.
- Single cell diagnostics 2007, Springer ProtocolsNoninvasive metabolic assessment of single cells / David K. Gardner -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of single cells / Nobuki Nakamura ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) on single cells (sex determination and chromosome rearrangements) / Paul N. Scriven and Caroline Mackie Ogilvie -- Single cell PCR for PGD : methods, strategies, and limitations / Karen Sermon and Martine De Rycke -- Real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma / Bernhard Zimmermann ... [et al.] -- Cell-free fetal DNA plasma extraction and real-time PCR quantification / Jill L. Maron, Kirby L. Johnson, and Diana W. Bianchi -- LATE-PCR and allied technologies : real-time detection strategies for rapid, reliable diagnosis from single cells / Kenneth E. Pierce and Lawrence J. Wangh -- Efficient isothermal amplification of the entire genome from single cells / Karen V. Schowalter, Jolene R. Fredrickson, and Alan R Thornhill -- Comparative genomic hybridization on single cells / Lucille Voullaire and Leeanda Wilton -- Generation of amplified RNAs and cDNA libraries from single mammalian cells / James Adjaye -- Real-time PCR to measure gene expression in single cells / Dagan Wells -- Gender determination and detection of aneuploidy in single cells using DNA array-based comparative genomic hybridization (array CGH) / Dong Gui Hui, Xin Yuan Guan, and Nicole Hussey -- Microarray technology for mutation analysis of low template DNA samples / Chelsea Salvado and David Cram.
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms 2002, Springer Protocols
- Small RNAs 2006, Springer
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer 2006, SpringerNuclear remodeling and nuclear reprogramming for making transgenic pigs by nuclear transfer / Randall S. Prather -- Somatic cell nuclei in cloning : strangers traveling in a foreign land / Keith E. Latham, Shaorong Gao, and Zhiming Han -- Cloning cattle : the methods in the madness / Bjørn Oback and David N. Wells -- Centrosome inheritance after fertilization and nuclear transfer in mammals / Qing-Yuan Sun and Heide Schatten -- Developmental, behavioral, and physiological phenotype of cloned mice / Kellie L.K. Tamashiro ... [et al.] -- Nucleolar remodeling in nuclear transfer embryos / Jozef Laurincik and Poul Maddox-Hyttel -- Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) in mammals : the cytoplast and its reprogramming activities / Josef Fulka, Jr. and Helena Fulka -- Mitochondrial DNA inheritance after SCNT / Stefan Hiendleder -- Activation of fertilized and nuclear transfer eggs / Christopher Malcuit and Rafael A. Fissore.
- Statistical analysis of gene expression microarray data 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Statistics of gene mapping 2007, Springer
- Stroke genomics 2005, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction to stroke genomics / Simon J. Read and Frank C. Barone -- Choice, methodology, and characterization of focal ischemic stroke models: the search for clinical relevance / David Virley -- Mutant animal models of stroke and gene expression: the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rat / Hilary V. O. Carswell ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy in neurological disease / Midori A. Yenari and Robert M. Sapolsky -- Stem cell transplantation after middle cerebral artery occlusion / Paul Stroemer and Helen Hodges -- Endogenous brain protection: models, gene expression, and mechanisms / Frank C. Barone -- Production of transgenic and mutant mouse models / Alex Harper --3-nitropropionic acid model of metabolic stress: assessment by magnetic resonance imaging / Toby John Roberts -- Practicalities of genetic studies in human stroke / Ahamad Hassan and Hugh S. Markus -- Evaluation of the interactions of common genetic mutations in stroke / Zoltán Szolnoki -- Technologies of disease-related gene discovery using preclinical models of stroke / Xinkang Wang -- Quantitative analysis of gene transcription in stroke models using real-time RT-PCR / David C. Harrison and Brian C. Bond -- Effective analysis of genomic data / Paul R. Nelson, Andrew B. Goulter, and Richard J. Davis -- Bioinformatic approaches to assigning protein function from novel sequence data / David Michalovich and Richard Fagan -- Pragmatic target discovery from novel gene to functionally defined drug target: the interleukin-1 story / Stuart McRae Allen.
- Structural and evolutionary genomics 2004, ScienceDirect
- Structural approaches to sequence evolution 2007, SpringerModeling conformational flexibility and evolution of structure : RNA as an example / P. Schuster and P.F. Stadler -- Gene3D and understanding proteome evolution / J.G. Ranea ... [et al.] -- The evolution of the globins : we thought we understood it / A.M. Lesk -- The structurally constrained neutral model of protein evolution / U. Bastolla ... [et al.] -- Towards unifying protein evolution theory / N.V. Dokholyan and E.I. Shakhnovich -- A twenty-first century view of evolution : genome system architecture, repetitive DNA, and natural genetic engineering / J.A. Shapiro -- Genomic changes in bacteria : from free-living to endosymbiotic life / F.J. Silva ... [et al.] -- Molecular phylogenetics : mathematical framework and unsolved problems / X. Xia -- Phylogenetics and computational biology of multigene families / P. Liò, M. Brilli and R. Fani -- SeqinR 1.0-2 : a contributed package to the R project for statistical computing devoted to biological sequences retrieval and analysis / D. Charif and J.R. Lobry -- Evolutionary genomics of gene expression / I.K. Jordan and L. Mariño-Ramírez -- From biophysics to evolutionary genetics : statistical aspects of gene regulation / M. Lässig -- Drift and selection in evolving interacting systems / T. Ohta -- Adaptation in simple and complex fitness landscapes / K. Jain and J. Krug -- Genetic variability in RNA viruses : consequences in epidemiology and in the development of new strategies for the extinction of infectivity / E. Lázaro.
- Structural genomics on membrane proteins 2006, CRCnetBASEBioinformatics in membrane protein analysis / Bengt Persson -- Prokaryotic membrane transport proteins / Joanne Clough ... [et al.] -- Membrane protein production strategies for structural genomics / Said Eshaghi and Par Nordlund -- Refolding of membrane proteins for large-scale production / Hans Kiefer, Thomas Ostermann, Monika Bahner -- Crystallization of membrane proteins / Alastair T. Gardiner, June Southall, and Richard J. Cogdell -- Signaling through membrane proteins / J. Robert Bostwick and Deborah S. Hartman -- Expression of membrane proteins in yeasts / Christoph Reinhart, Christoph Krettler -- Expression of functional membrane proteins in the baculovirus-insect cell system / Giel J.C.G.M. Bosman and Willem J. de Grip -- Expression of membrane proteins in mammalian cells / Kenneth Lundstrom -- Solubilization and purification of membrane proteins / Bernadette Byrne and Mika Jormakka -- Fluorescent labelling of membrane proteins in living cells / Ruud Hovius ... [et al.] -- Membrane protein NMR / Xiang-Qun (Sean) Xie -- Miniaturization of structural biology technologies--from expression to biophysical analyses / Enrique Abola, Peter Kuhn, and Raymond C. Stevens -- Electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy of reconstituted membrane proteins / Andreas Engel -- -- Structural genomics networks for membrane proteins / Kenneth Lundstrom -- Molecular modelling of membrane proteins / Slawomir Filipek and Anna Modzelewska -- Towards structural bases for GPCR ligand-binding / Sabrina A. Beretta ... [et al.].
- Surrogate tissue analysis 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Synthetic nucleic acids as inhibitors of gene expression 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Systems biology. Volume II, Networks, models, and applications 2007, MyiLibrary
- Target pattern recognition in innate immunity 2009, SpringerMacrophage pattern recognition receptors in immunity, homeostasis, and self tolerance / Subhankar Mukhopadhyay, Annette Plüddemann, and Siamon Gordon -- Pattern recognition by toll-like receptors / Stefan Bauer, Thomas Müller, and Svetlana Hamm -- Nod-like receptors : pivotal guardians of the immunological integrity of barrier organs / Philip Rosenstiel and Stefan Schreiber -- Toll-like receptors and nod-like receptors : domain architecture and cellular signalling / Tanja Langefeld ... [et al.] -- Humoral pattern recognition molecules : mannan-binding lectin and ficolins / Steffen Thiel and Mihaela Gadjeva --Lung surfactant proteins A and D as pattern recognition proteins / Patrick Waters ... [et al.] -- Pattern recognition by pentraxins / Alok Agrawal ... [et al.] -- Target pattern recognition by complement proteins of the classical and alternative pathways / Yu-hoi Kang ... [et al.] -- Pattern recognition in phagocytic clearance of altered self / Yoshinobu Nakanishi, Peter M. Henson and Akiko Shiratsuchi -- Structural basis of pattern recognition by innate immune molecules / Eamon P. McGreal -- Lessons from the fly : pattern recognition in Drosophila melanogaster / Subhamoy Pal and Louisa P. Wu -- Immune recognition of plasmodium-infected erythrocytes / Damien V. Cordery and Britta C. Urban -- Innate immune recognition in tuberculosis infection / Anthony G. Tsolaki.
- Telomeres and telomerase 2002, Springer Protocols
- Telomeres and telomerase in aging, disease, and cancer 2008, Springer
- Textbook of personalized medicine 2009, SpringerBasics of Personalized Medicine -- Molecular Diagnostics as Basis of Personalized Medicine -- Role of Biomarkers in Personalized Medicine -- Pharmacogenetics -- Pharmacogenomics -- Role of Pharmacoproteomics -- Role of Metabolomics in Personalized Medicine -- Personalized Biological Therapies -- Development of Personalized Medicine -- Personalized Therapy for Cancer -- Personalized Management of Neurological Disorders -- Personalized Therapy of Cardiovascular Diseases -- Personalized Management of Miscellaneous Disorders -- Personalized Preventive Medicine -- Organization of Personalized Medicine -- Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Personalized Medicine -- Economics of Personalized Medicine -- Future of Personalized Medicine.
- Transcription 2002, CRCnetBASECh. 1. Introduction to transcription -- Ch. 2. Transcription, the process -- Ch. 3. Transcription factors in human diseases -- Ch. 4. The components of transcription -- Ch. 5. Bacterial transcription -- Ch. 6. Eukaryotic transcription -- Ch. 7. Chromatin and Eukaryotic DNA -- Ch. 8. Bacteriophage lambda; a transcriptional switch -- Ch. 9. The lactose operon in Escherichia coli -- Ch. 10. Other transcription systems, eukaryotic and prokaryotic.
- Transcriptional regulation by neuronal activity 2008, Springer
- Transgenesis techniques. 2nd ed. 2002, Springer Protocols
- Transgenic mouse methods and protocols Springer Protocols
- Transgenic mouse methods and protocols. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction: strategies for developing genetically modified mice / Marten H. Hofker -- Genetic modification of the mouse: general technology - pronuclear and blastocyst injection / Jan Willem Voncken -- Generation of chimeras by aggregation of embryonic stem cells with diploid or tetraploid mouse embryos / Jérôme Artus and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis -- Cryopreservation of mouse spermatozoa and in vitro fertilization / Naomi Nakagata -- Autopsy and histological analysis of the transgenic mouse / Marion J.J. Gijbels and Menno P.J. de Winther -- Transgene design / Bart van de Sluis and Jan Willem Voncken -- Inducible transgenic mouse models / Thomas L. Saunders -- Lentiviral transgenesis / Terunaga Nakagawa and Casper C. Hoogenraad -- Transgenesis in mouse embryonic stem cells / Janine van Ree, Wei Zhou, Ming Li, and Jan M. van Deursen -- Engineering BAC reporter gene constructs for mouse transgenesis / Yu Fu and Peter Maye -- Targeting vector construction through recombineering / Liviu A. Malureanu -- Generating conditional knockout mice / Roland H. Friedel, Wolfgang Wurst, Benedikt Wefers, and Ralf Kühm -- Hypomorphic mice / Darren J. Baker -- MICER targeting vectors for manipulating the mouse genome / Chunbong Liu, Paul F. Szurek, and Y. Eugene Yu -- Knock-in approaches / Anton J.M. Roebroek, Philip L.S.M. Gordts, and Sara Reekmans -- Generation of a series of knock-in alleles using RMCE in ES cells / Anton J.M. Roebroek, Philip L.S.M. Gordts, and Sara Reekmans -- Selection of targeting mutants from a library of randomly mutagenized ES cells / Kyoji Horie, George Gaitanaris, and Alexander Gragerov -- Generation of genetically modified rodents using random ENU mutagenesis / Ruben van Boxtel and Edwin Cuppen -- Bone marrow transplantations of study gene function in hematopoietic cells / Menno P.J. de Winther and Peter Heeringa -- Adenovirus-mediated gene transfer / Ko Willems van Dijk, Kyriakos E. Kyreos, Frits J. Fallaux, and Jurre Hageman.
- Transgenic plants 2004, Springer Protocols
- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats 2009, Springer ProtocolsTransgenic wheat, barley and oats : production and characterization / Paul A. Lazzeri and Huw D. Jones -- Selection of transformed plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Reporter genes / Alison Huttly -- Biolistics transformation of wheat / Caroline A. Sparks and Huw D. Jones -- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of bread and durum wheat using freshly isolated immature embryos / Huixia Wu, Angela Doherty and Huw D. Jones -- Floral transformation of wheat / Sujata Agarwal ... [et al.] -- Highly efficient agrobacterium-mediated transformation of wheat via in planta inoculation / Thierry Risacher ... [et al.] -- Barley transformation using biolistic techniques / Wendy A. Harwood and Mark A. Smedley -- Barley transformation using agrobacterium-mediated techniques / Wendy A. Harwood ... [et al.] -- Transformation of oats and its application to improving osmotic stress tolerance / Shahina B. Maqbool ... [et al.] -- Promoter sequences for defining transgene expression / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Down-regulation of gene expression by RNA-induced gene silencing / Silvia Travella and Beat Keller -- Gene insertion patterns and sites / Philippe Vain and Vera Thole -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization to detect transgene integration into plant genomes / Trude Schwarzacher -- Establishing substantial equivalence : transcriptomics / María Marcela Baudo ... [et al.] -- Establishing substantial equivalence : proteomics / Alison Lovegrove, Louise Salt, and Peter R. Shewry -- Establishing substantial equivalence : metabolomics / Michael H. Beale, Jane L. Ward, and John M. Baker -- Design and management of field trials of transgenic cereals / Zoltán Bedő, Mariann Rakszegi, and László Láng -- GM risk assessment / Penny A.C. Sparrow -- Transgenic wheat, barley and oats : future prospects / Jim M. Dunwell.
- Transient kinetics, flourescence, and FRET in studies of initiation and translation in bacteria / Pohl Milon ... [et al.] -- Binding of mRNA to the bacterial translation initiation complex / Sean M. Studer and Simpson Joseph -- Real-time dynamics of ribosome-ligand interaction by time-resolved chemical probing methods / Attilio Fabbretti ... [et al] -- Overexpression and purification of mammalian mitochondrial translational initiation factor 2 and initiation factor 3 / Domenick G. Grasso ... [et al.] -- In vitro studies of archaeal translational initiation / Dario Benelli and Paola Londei -- Reconstitution of yeast translation initiation / Michael G. Acker ... [et al.] -- Assembly and analysis of eukaryotic translation initiation complexes / Andrey V. Pisarev -- Reconstitution of mammalian 48S ribosomal translation initiation complex / Romit Majumdar, Jayanta Chaudhuri, and Umadas Maitra -- Biophysical approach to studies of Cap-elF4E interaction by synthetic cap analogs / Anna Niedzwiecka ... [et al.] -- Biophysical studies of the translation initiation pathway with immobilized mRNA analogs / John E. G. McCarthy, Steven Marsden, and Tobias von der Haar -- Protection-based assays to measure aminoacyl-tRNA binding to translation initiation factors / Yves Mechulam ... [et al.] -- NMR methods for studying protein-protein interactions involved in translation initiation / Assen Marintchev, Dominique Frueh, and Gerhard Wagner -- Structural methods for studying IRES function / Jeffrey S. Kieft ... [et al.].
- Purification of FLAG-tagged eukaryotic initation factor 2B complexes, subcomplexes, and fragments from Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Sarah S. Mohammad-Qureshi ... [et al.] -- In vivo deletion analysis of the architecture of a multiprotein complex of translation initiation factors / Klaus H. Nielsen and Leos̆ Valás̆ek -- An approach to studying the localization and dynamics of eukaryotic translation factors in live yeast cells / Susan G. Campbell and Mark P. Ashe -- In vitro and tissue culture methods for analysis of translation initiation on the endoplasmic reticulum / Samuel B. Stephens and Christopher V. Nicchitta -- Mammalian stress granules and processing bodies / Nancy Kedersha and Paul Anderson -- Methods to analyze micro-RNA-mediated control of mRNA translation / Jennifer L. Clancy ... [et al.] -- Methods for studying signal-dependent regulation of translation factor activity / Xuemin Wang and Christopher G. Proud -- Analysis of mRNA translation in cultured hippocampal neurons / Yi-Shuian Huang and Joel D. Richter -- Detecting ribosomal association with the 5' leader of mRNAs by ribosome density mapping (RDM) / Naama Eldad and Yoav Arava -- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA polysomal profiles with spotted DNA microarrays / Danial Melamed and Yoad Arava -- Synthesis of anti-reverse cap analogs (ARCAs) and their applications in mRNA translation and stability / Ewa Grudzien-Nogalska ... [et al.] -- Methods for identifying compounds that specifically target translation / Letizia Brandi ... [et al.] -- Identifying small molecule inhibitors of eukaryotic translation initiation / Regina Cencic, Francis Robert, and Jerry Pelletier -- Isolation and identification of eukaryotic initiation factor 4A as a molecular target for the marine natural product pateamine A / Woon-Kai Low ... [et al.].
- Use of reticulocyte lysates for mechanistic studies of eukaryotic translation initiation / William C. Merrick and Diane Barth-Baus -- Studying translational control in Drosophila cell-free systems / Fátima Gebauer and Matthias W. Hentze -- Use of in vitro translation extract depleted in specific initiation factors for the investigation of translational regulation / Daniel R. Gallie -- A highly efficient and robust in vitro translation system for expression of picornavirus and hepatitis C virus in RNA genomes / Yuri V. Svitkin and Nahum Sonenberg -- A practical approach to isolate 48S complexes : affinity purification and analyses / Nicolas Locker and Peter J. Lukavsky -- Yeast phenotypic assays on translational control / Bumjun Lee ... [et al.] -- Localization and characterization of protein-protein interaction sites / Chingakham Ranjit Singh and Katsura Asano -- In vivo stabilization of preinitiation complexes by formaldehyde cross-linking / Leos Valás̆ek ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetic structure-function analysis of translation initiation factor elF5B / Byung-Sik Shin and Thomas E. Dever -- The use of fungal in vitro systems for studying translational regulation / Cheng Wu ... [et al.] -- Investigating translation initiation using drosophila molecular genetics / Gritta Tettweiler and Paul Lasko -- Analysis of RNA:protein interactions in vivo : identification of RNA-binding partners of nuclear factor 90 / Andrew M. Parrott, Melissa R. Walsh, and Michael B. Mathews -- Approaches for analyzing the differential activities and functions of elF4E family members / Robert E. Rhoads, Tzvetanka D. Dinkova, and Rosemary Jagus -- Tethered function assays : an adaptable approach to study RNA regulatory proteins / Jeff Coller and Marv Wickens -- Analysis of ribosomal shunting during translation initiation in eukaryotic mRNAs / Vincent P. Mauro, Stephen A. Chappell and John Dresios.
- Transposons and the dynamic genome 2009, Springer
- Tumor prevention and genetics III 2005, SpringerLifestyle and Medical Approaches to Cancer Prevention / Peter Greenwald, p. 1-15 -- Application of Genetics to the Prevention of Colorectal Cancer / John Hopper, p. 17-33 -- Genetics and Prevention of Oesophageal Adenocarcinoma / Rebecca Fitzgerald, p. 35-46 -- Preclinical Models Relevant to Diet, Exercise, and Cancer Risk R. James Barnard and William Aronson, p. 47-62 -- Individualizing Interventions for Cancer Prevention / Michael Pollak, p. 63-70 -- Can Animal Models Help Us Select Specific Compounds for Cancer Prevention Trials? / Ernest Hawk, Asad Umar, Ronald Lubet, Levy Kopelovich and Jaye Viner, p. 71-88 -- Problems with Using Biomarkers as Surrogate End Points for Cancer: A Cautionary Tale / Arthur Schatzkin, p. 89-98 -- Can a Marker Be a Surrogate for Development of Cancer, and Would We Know It if It Exists? / William Armstrong, Thomas Taylor and Frank Meyskens, p. 99-112 -- How Should We Move the Field of Chemopreventive Agent Development Forward in a Productive Manner? / Frank Meyskens and Eva Szabo, p. 113-124 -- The Problems with Risk Selection; Scientific and Psychosocial Aspects / Anne-Renée Hartman, p. 125-144 -- Chemoprevention of Lung Cancer / Stéphane Vignot, Jean-Philippe Spano, Sylvie Lantuejoul, Fabrice André, Thierry Le Chevalier and Jean-Charles Soria, p. 145-165 -- Anti-nicotine Vaccination: Where Are We? / T. Cerny, p. 167-175 -- Primary Prevention of Colorectal Cancer: Lifestyle, Nutrition, Exercise / María Martínez, p. 177-211 -- Chemoprevention of Colorectal Cancer: Ready for Routine Use? / Nadir Arber and Bernard Levin, p. 213-230 -- Screening of Colorectal Cancer: Progress and Problems Sidney Winawer, p. 231-244 -- The Role of Endogenous Hormones in the Etiology and Prevention of Breast Cancer: The Epidemiological Evidence / Paola Muti, p. 245-256 -- Innovative Agents in Cancer Prevention / Margaret Manson, Peter Farmer, Andreas Gescher and William Steward, p. 257-275 -- The IARC Commitment to Cancer Prevention: The Example of Papillomavirus and Cervical Cancer / Silvia Franceschi, p. 277-297 -- Health Economics in the Genomic Age / Thomas Szucs, p. 299-313 -- Screening for Cancer: Are Resources Being Used Wisely? / Robert Kaplan, p. 315-334.
- Understanding DNA. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectAn introduction to molecular biology for non-scientiest -- Why a helix? -- Different kinds of double helix -- Twisting and curving -- Curving in three dimensions -- DNA supercoiling -- The assembly of DNA into chromosomes -- Specific DNA-protein interactions -- Methods used to study the structure of DNA -- DNA in disease, diagnostics, and medicine -- Cytosine methylation and DNA epigenetics.
- V(D)J recombination 2009, SpringerEarly steps of V(D)J rearrangement : insights from biochemical studies of RAG-RSS complexes / Patrick C. Swanson, Sushil Kumar, and Prafulla Raval -- Regulation of RAG transposition / Adam G.W. Matthews and Marjorie A. Oettinger -- Recent insights into the formation of RAG-induced chromosomal translocations / Vicky L. Brandt and David B. Roth -- V(D)J recombination deficiencies / Jean-Pierre de Villartay -- Large-scale chromatin remodeling at the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus : a paradigm for multigene regulation / Daniel J. Bolland, Andrew L. Wood, and Anne E. Corcoran -- Genetic and epigenetic control of V gene rearrangement frequency / Ann J. Feeney -- Dynamic aspects of TCRa gene recombination : qualitative and quantitative assessments of the TCRa chain repertoire in man and mouse / Evelyne Jouvin-Marche, Patrizia Fuschiotti, and Patrice Noël Marche -- Germline transcription : a key regulator of accessibility and recombination / Iratxe Abarrategui and Michael S. Krangel --Dynamic regulation of antigen receptor gene assembly / Lance R. Thomas, Robin Milley Cobb, and Eugene M. Oltz -- Molecular genetics at the T-cell receptor b locus : insights into the regulation of V(D)J recombination / Marie Bonnet, Pierre Ferrier, and Salvatore Spicuglia -- Molecular pathways and mechanisms regulating the recombination of immunoglobulin genes during B-lymphocyte development / Kristen Johnson, Karen L. Reddy, and Harinder Singh -- Regulation of V(D)J recombinationby E-protein transcription factors / Mary Elizabeth Jones and Yuan Zhuang -- Temporal and spatial regulation of V(D)J recombination : interactions of extrinsic factors with the RAG complex / Yun Liu, Li Zhang, and Stephen Desiderio -- V(D)J recombination : of mice and sharks / Ellen Hsu -- Normal and pathological V(D)J recombination : contribution to the understanding of human lymphoid malignancies / Saïda Dadi ... [et al.].
- Variation 2005, ScienceDirectVariation and variability : central concepts in biology / Benedikt Hallgrímsson and Brian K. Hall -- Variation from Darwin to the modern synthesis / Peter J. Bowler -- The statistics of variation / Leigh Van Valen -- Landmark morphometrics and the analysis of variation / Joan T. Richtsmeier, Subhash R. Lele, and Theodore M. Cole III -- Variation in ontogeny / Donna Carlson Jones and Rebecca Z. German -- Constraints on variation from genotype through phenotype to fitness / Lauren Ancel Meyers -- Developmental origins of variation / Ellen Larsen -- Canalization, cryptic variation, and developmental buffering : a critical examination and analytical perspective / Ian Dworkin -- Mutation and phenotypic variation : where is the connection? : capacitators, stressors, phenotypic variability, and evolutionary change / Ary A. Hoffmann and John A. McKenzie -- Within individual variation : developmental noise versus developmental stability / Katherine E. Willmore and Benedikt Hallgrímsson -- Developmental constraints, modules, and evolvability / Christian Peter Klingenberg -- Developmental regulation of variability / Miriam Leah Zelditch -- Role of stress in evolution : from individual adaptability to evolutionary adaptation / Alexander V. Badyaev -- Environmentally contingent variation : phenotypic plasticity and norms of reaction / Sonia E. Sultan and Stephen C. Stearns -- Variation and life-history evolution / Derek A. Roff -- Antisymmetry / A. Richard Palmer -- Variation in structure and its relationship to function : correlation, explanation, and extrapolation / Anthony P. Russell and Aaron M. Bauer -- A universal generative tendency toward increased organismal complexity / Daniel W. McShea -- Variation and versatility in macroevolution / V. Louise Roth -- Variation and developmental biology : prospects for the future / David M. Parichy -- Phenogenetics : genotypes, phenotypes, and variation / Samuel Sholtis and Kenneth M. Weiss -- The study of phenotypic variability : an emerging research agenda for understanding the developmental-genetic architecture underlying phenotypic variation / Benedikt Halgrímsson, Jevon James Yardley Brown, and Brian K. Hall.
- Vertebrate genomes 2006., KargerThe human genome and its upcoming dynamics / M. Platzer -- Primate genomes / H. Herlyn, H. Zischler -- The mouse genome / S.D.M. Brown, J.M. Hancock -- The dog genome / F. Galibert, C. André -- The feline genome / W.J. Murphy -- The bovine genome / J.E. Womack -- The sheep genome / N.E. Cockett -- Cracking the genomic piggy bank : identifying secrets of the pig genome / B.E. Mote, M.F. Rothschild -- The horse genome / B.P. Chowdhary, T. Raudsepp -- Marsupial and monotreme genomes / E. Koina, J. Fong, J.A. Marshall Graves -- The chicken genome / D.W. Burt -- Insights from Xenopus genomes / N. Pollet, A. Mazabraud -- The Tetraodon genome / H. Roest Crollius -- The medaka genome : why we need multiple fish models in vertebrate functional genomics / H. Mitani ... [et al.] -- The zebrafish genome : a review and msx gene case study / J.H. Postlethwait -- Urochordate genomes / N. Satoh ... [et al.].
- Viral vectors for gene therapy 2003, Springer Protocols
- WormBook NCBI Bookshelf"WormBook is a comprehensive online review of C. elegans biology, containing over 100 original, peer-reviewed chapters on a wide range of topics related to the biology of C. elegans and related nematodes; as well as WormMethods, a collection of laboratory methods and protocols useful for nematode researchers."
- YAC protocols. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer ProtocolsMarkers, selection, and media in yeast artificial chromosomes cloning / David Markie -- Construction of yeast artificial chromosome libraries from pathogens and nonmodel organisms / Cecilia P. Sanchez and Michael Lanzer -- Analysis and screening of yeast artificial chromosome libraries by filter hybridization / Cecilia P. Sanchez and Michael Lanzer -- Analysis of Yeast Artificial Chromosome DNA by restriction digestion, southern blotting nucleic acid hybridization and polymerase chain reaction / Sylvia Vasiliou and John Peter Quinn -- Postgenomic bioinformatic analysis of yeast artificial chromosome sequence / Kerry Miller, Scott Davidson, and Alasdair MacKenzie -- Transformation of yeast using bioactive beads with surface-immobilized yeast artificial chromosomes / Shigeki Kawakami ... [et al.] --Modification and amplification of yeast artificial chromosomes / Sanbing Shen, Anthony Harmar, and Nick Hastie -- Modifying yeast artificial chromosomes to generate Cre/LoxP and FLP/FRT site-specific deletions and inversions / Gabriela G. Loots -- Selective isolation of large chromosomal regions by transformation-associated recombination cloning for structural and functional analysis of mammalian genomes / Natalay Kouprina, Vladimir N. Noskov, and Vladimir Larionov -- A polymerase chain reaction-mediated yeast artificial chromosome-splitting technology for generating targeted yeast artificial chromosomes subclones / Yeon-Hee Kim ... [et al.] -- Genomic reconstruction by serial mitotic recombination of yeast artificial chromosomes / David Markie, Emma Jones, and Jiannis Ragoussis -- Targeting vector construction by yeast artificial chromosome modification / Peter J. Murray --Production of yeast artificial chromosomes transgenic mice by pronuclear injection of one-cell embryos / Alasdair MacKenzie -- Generation of yeast artificial chromosomes transgenic mice by intracytoplasmic sperm injection / Pedro N. Moreira ... [et al.] -- Establishment of cell lines that exhibit correct ontogenic stage-specific gene expression profiles from tissues of yeast artificial chromosome transgenic mice using chemically induced growth signals / C. Anthony Blau and Kenneth R. Peterson -- Application of yeast artificial chromosomes in fluorescence in situ hybridization / Thomas Liehr -- Contribution of yeast artificial chromosome-based physical maps to the final assembly of the trypanosoma cruzi genome / Marcia R.M. Santos ... [et al.].
- Yeast gene analysis. 2nd ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Zebrafish : genetics, genomics and informatics. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectPt.1 Forward and reverse genetics :Generating conditional mutations in zebrafish using gene-trap mutagenesis /Lisette A. Maddison,Jianjun Lu,Wenbiao Chen --Tol2-mediated transgenesis, gene trapping, enhancer trapping, and the Gal4-UAS system /Gembu Abe,Maximilliano L. Suster,Koichi Kawakami --Engineering zinc finger nucleases for targeted mutagenesis of zebrafish /Jeffry D. Sander,J.-R. Joanna Yeh,Randall T. Peterson,J. Keith Joung --Retroviral-mediated insertional mutagenesis in zebrafish /Adam Amsterdam,Gaurav Kumar Varshney,Shawn Michael Burgess --Genetic screens for mutations affecting adult traits and parental-effect genes /Francisco Pelegri,Mary C. Mullins --High-throughput target-selected gene inactivation in zebrafish /Ross N.W. Kettleborough,Ewart de Bruijn,Freek van Eeden,Edwin Cuppen,Derek L. Stemple --Genetic suppressor screens in haploids /Xiaoying Bai,Zhongan Yang,Hong Jiang,Shuo Lin,Leonard I. Zon --Transgenic zebrafish using transposable elements /Karl J. Clark,Mark D. Urban,Kimberly J. Skuster,Stephen C. Ekker --Spatiotemporal control of embryonic gene expression using caged morpholinos /Ilya A. Shestopalov,James K. Chen --Pt.2 Transgenesis :Advanced zebrafish transgenesis with Tol2 and application for Cre/lox recombination experiments /Christian Mosimann,Leonard I. Zion --Use of phage PhiC31 integrase as a tool for zebrafish genome manipulation /James A. Lister --Method for somatic cell nuclear transfer in zebrafish /Kannika Siripattarapravat,Jose B. Cibelli --Pt.3 The zebrafish genome and mapping technologies :Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) panels for rapid positional cloning in zebrafish /Matthew D. Clark,Victor Guryev,Ewart de Bruijn,Isaac J. Nijman,Masazumi Tada,Catherine Wilson,Panos Deloukas,John H. Postlethwait,Edwin Cuppen,Derek L. Stemple --Molecular cytogenetic methodologies and a BAC probe panel resource for genomic analyses in the zebrafish /Kimberly P. Dobrinski,Kim H. Brown,Jennifer L. Freeman,Charles Lee --Conserved synteny and the zebrafish genome /Julian M. Catchen,Ingo Braasch,John H. Postlethwait --Thezon laboratory guide to positional cloning in zebrafish /Yi Zhou,Leonard I. Zon --Pt.4 Informatics and comparative genomics :Data extraction, transformation, and dissemination through ZFIN /Douglas G. Howe,Ken Frazer,David Fashena,Leyla Ruzicka,Yvonne Bradford,Sridhar Ramachandran,Barbara J. Ruef,Ceri Van Slyke,Amy Singer,Monte Westerfield --DNA methylation profiling in zebrafish /Shan-Fu Wu,Haiying Zhang,Saher Sue Hammond,Magdalena Potok,David A. Nix,David A. Jones,Bradley R. Cairns --Chromatin immunoprecipitation in adult zebrafish red cells /Eirini Trompouki,Teresa Venezia Bowman,Anthony DiBiase,Yi Zhou,Leonard I. Zon --Discerning different in vivo roles of microRNAs by experimental approaches in zebrafish /Luke Pase,Graham J. Lieschke --Sequencing-based expression profiling in zebrafish /Jin Liang,Gabriel Renaud,Shawn M. Burgess --Chromatin modification in zebrafish development /Jordi Cayuso Mas,Emily S. Noël,Elke A. Ober --Pt.5 Infrastructure :Advances in zebrafish husbandry and management /Christian Lawrence --Aquaculture and husbandry at the Zebrafish International Resource Center /Zoltán M. Varga.
- Zebrafish. Genetics, genomics, and informatics. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- (Opinionated) guide to microarray dat...
- — Ethical challenges in genomics resear...
- Eukaryotic transcription factors. 4th...
- — Mammalian and avian transgenesis - ne...
- Mammalian artificial chromosomes .......
- — Regulatory genome ......................
- Regulatory RNAs ........................
- — Zebrafish. Genetics, genomics, and in...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle