Books by Subject
View by page
- (Opinionated) guide to microarray data analysis — Epigenetics in biology and medicine (101)
- Epigenetics of aging — In vitro mutagenesis protocols. 3rd ed. (101)
- In vitro transcription and translation protocols. 2nd ed. — Pichia protocols. 2nd ed. (101)
- Plant chromosome engineering — Zebrafish : genetics, genomics and informatics. 3rd ed. (98)
- In vitro transcription and translation protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsEnergy systems for ATP regeneration in cell-free protein synthesis reactions / Kara A. Calhoun and James R. Swartz -- Continuous-exchange protein-synthesizing systems / Vladimir A. Shirokov ... [et al.] -- Cell-free production of integral membrane proteins on a preparative scale / Christian Klammt ... [et al.] -- SIMPLEX : a novel method for high-throughput construction and screening of protein libraries / Suang Rungpragayphan, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- Methods for high-throughput materialization of genetic information based on the wheat germ cell-free expression system / Tatsuya Sawasaki ... [et al.] -- Exogenous protein expression in Xenopus oocytes : basic procedures / Elena Bossi ... [et al.] -- In vitro translation to study HIV protease activity / Zene Matsuda ... [et al.] -- The protein truncation test in mutation detection and molecular diagnosis / Oliver Hauss and Oliver Muller -- Creation of novel enantioselective lipases by SIMPLEX / Yuichi Koga, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- In vitro transcription and translation coupled with two-dimensional electrophoresis for bacterial proteome analysis / Nathalie Norais ... [et al.] -- In vitro screen of bioinformatically selected Bacillus anthracis vaccine candidates by coupled transcription, translation, and immunoprecipitation analysis / Orit Gat, Haim Grosfeld, and Avigdor Shafferman -- Functional expression of Type 1 rat GABA transporter in microinjected Xenopus laevis oocytes / Stefano Giovannardi ... [et al.] -- Production of protein for nuclear magnetic resonance study using the wheat germ cell-free system / Toshiyuki Kohno and Yaeta Endo.
- Influence of genetics on contemporary thinking 2007, SpringerPt. 1. Genetics and the life sciences -- Pt. 2. Genetics and philosophy of science: the reductionism debate and beyond -- Pt. 3. Genetics and the ethical, legal and sociological debate.
- Inherited chorioretinal dystrophies a textbook and atlas 2014, SpringerIntroduction to Molecular Genetics and Genetic Testing for Retinal Dystrophies -- Electrophysiological Testing -- Dark Adaptation -- Fluorescein Angiography -- Indocyanine Green Angiography -- Fundus Autofluorescence Imaging in Retinal Dystrophies -- Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography in Hereditary Retinal Dystrophies -- Inherited Stationary Disorders of the Retina -- Retinitis Pigmentosa and Allied Disorders -- Leber Congenital Amaurosis and Early-Onset Retinal Dystrophy -- Retinitis Punctata Albescens -- Usher Syndromes -- Cone and Cone-Rod Dystrophies -- Enhanced S-Cone Syndrome -- Chorioretinopathies: Choroideraemia and Gyrate Atrophy -- Late-Onset Retinal Dystrophy (LORD) -- Stargardt Disease -- The Bestrophinopathies -- Retinal Dystrophies Associated with the PRPH2 Gene -- Alström Syndrome -- Bardet-Biedl Syndrome -- Cohen Syndrome -- Juvenile Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinoses (JNCL) -- Adult Refsum Disease (ARD) -- Abetalipoproteinemia -- LCHAD Deficiency -- Jalili Syndrome -- Spinocerebellar Ataxia 7 -- Dominant Cystoid Macular Dystrophy -- Autosomal Dominant Stargardt-Like Macular Dystrophy (ELOVL4) -- Spastic Paraplegia and Retinal Degeneration: Kjellin Syndrome -- Autosomal Dominant Drusen -- Cuticular Drusen -- Extensive Macular Atrophy with Pseudodrusen-Like Appearance -- Congenital Hypotrichosis with Juvenile Macular Dystrophy -- Mitochondrial Retinopathies -- Sorsby Fundus Dystrophy -- Bietti Crystalline Corneoretinal Dystrophy -- Cystinosis -- Primary Oxalosis -- Alport Syndrome -- X-Linked Retinoschisis -- Paramacular Choriocapillaris Atrophy -- Exudative Vitreoretinopathy -- Stickler Syndrome -- Wagner Syndrome -- Incontinentia Pigmenti Type II (IP2) -- Ganglion Cell Diseases -- Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum -- Aicardi Syndrome -- Microcephaly and Chorioretinopathy With or Without Mental Retardation and Lymphedema -- Alagille Syndrome -- Future Therapies for Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Introduction to genomic signal processing with control 2007, CRCnetBASEReview of organic chemistry -- Energy considerations in biochemical reactions -- Proteins -- DNA -- Transcription and translation -- Chromosomes and gene regulation -- Genetic variation -- DNA technology -- Cell division -- Cell cycle control, cell death, and cancer -- Expression microarrays -- Classification -- Clustering -- Genetic regulatory networks -- Intervention -- External intervention based on optimal control theory.
- Introduction to toxicogenomics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Kallmann syndrome and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism 2010, KargerMolecular characterization and phenotypic expression of mutations in genes for gonadotropins and their receptors in humans / Salvi, R., Pralong, F.P -- Role of kisspeptin/GPR54 system in human reproductive axis / Silveira, L.F.G. ... [et al.] -- Biology of kisspeptins / Hameed, S., Dhillo, W.S. -- Role of fibroblast growth factor signaling in gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal system development / Chung, W.C.J., Tsai, P.-S. -- FGFR1 mutations in Kallmann syndrome / Villanueva, C., de Roux, N. -- Biology of KAL1 and its orthologs : implications for x-linked Kallmann syndrome and the search for novel candidate genes / MacColl, G.S., Quinton, R., Bülow, H.E. -- Biological actions and interactions of anosmin-1 / Choy, C., Kim, S.H. -- Genotype and phenotype of patients with gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutations / Kim, H.-G. ... [et al.] -- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and GNRH1 mutations in mice and humans / Bouligand, J. ... [et al.] -- Kallmann syndrome caused by mutations in the PROK2 and PROKR2 genes : pathophysiology and genotype-phenotype correlations / Sarfati, J., Dodé, C., Young, J. -- Neurokinin B and its receptor in hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Semple, R.K., Topaloglu, A.K. -- Complex genetics in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Pitteloud, N. ... [et al.] -- Rarer syndromes characterized by hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Aminzadeh, M. ... [et al.].
- Laboratory guide to the methods in biochemical genetics 2008, Springer
- Lateral gene transfer in evolution 2013, Springer"Although the phenomenon of lateral gene transfer has been known since the 1940s, it was the genomics era that has really revealed the extent and many facets of this evolutionary/genetic phenomenon. Even in the early 2000s with but a handful of genomes available, it became clear that the nature of microorganisms is full of genetic exchange between lineages that are sometimes far apart. The years following this saw an explosion of genomic data, which shook the "tree of life" and also raised doubts about the most appropriate species concepts for prokaryotes. This book represents the manyfold contributions of LGT to the evolution of micro and, to an extent, macroorganisms by focusing on the areas where it has the largest impact: metabolic innovations and adaptations and speciation." Back cover.
- Learning basic genetics with interactive computer programs 2014, SpringerLearning Basic Genetics with Interactive Computer Programs is a comprehensive and interactive learning program that focuses on chromosome simulation and model building. It is intended to assist students in learning more about genetics with ease. The 11 modules of this program form an integrated system for learning the basic concepts of genetics. The program innovation lies in its unique content design that incorporates cognitive feedback and experiential learning through the novel use of interactive applications. Each of the modules is designed to enhance learning by simultaneously employing "eyes-on," "minds-on," and "hands-on" activities. Topics are motivated by questions, information is presented in simple terms, and concepts are clarified by interactive prompts. Used as a supplement to traditional lectures and textbook assignments, the program not only serves as a foundation upon which to build more complex and detailed topics, but as a tutor to clarify and guide when there is confusion. The software that accompanies this book has been shown to be an ideal tool for learning about genetics, which requires a combination of understanding, conceptualization, and practical experience.
- Lentivirus gene engineering protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Long non-coding RNAs 2011, SpringerTranscriptional and posttranscriptional programming by long noncoding RNAs / Radha Raman Pandey and Chandrasekhar Kanduri -- Long noncoding RNA as a regulator for transcription / Riki Kurokawa -- Long noncoding RNAs and X chromosome inactivation / Cristina Gontan, Iris Jonkers, and Joost Gribnau -- TERRA : long noncoding RNA at eukaryotic telomeres / Rajika Arora, Catherine M.C. Brun, and Claus M. Azzalin -- Transcription of satellite DNAs in mammals / Claire Vourc'h and Giuseppe Biamonti -- Multiple roles of Alu-related noncoding RNAs / Audrey Berger and Katharina Strub -- roX RNAs and genome regulation in Drosophila melanogaster / S. Kiran Koya and Victoria H. Meller -- Transcription of satellite DNAs in insects / Željka Pezer ... [et al.] -- Long nonprotein-coding RNAs in plants / Virginie Jouannet and Martin Crespi.
- Mammalian and avian transgenesis - new approaches 2006, Springer
- Mechanisms of morphogenesis. 2nd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectMorphogenesis is the set of processes that generate shape and form in the embryo--an important area within developmental biology. An exciting and up-to-the-minute account of the very latest research into the factors that create biological form, Mechanisms of Morphogenesis, second edition is a text reference on the mechanisms of cell and tissue morphogenesis in a diverse array of organisms, including prokaryotes, animals, plants and fungi. By combining hard data with computer modeling, Mechanisms of Morphogenesis, second edition equips readers with a much broader understanding of the scope of modern research than is otherwise available. The book focuses on the ways in which the genetic program is translated to generate cell shape, to direct cell migration, and to produce the shape, form and rates of growth of the various tissues. Each topic is illustrated with experimental data from real systems, with particular reference to gaps in current knowledge and pointers to future. Includes over 200 four-color figures. Offers an integrated view of theoretical developmental biology and computer modelling with laboratory-based discoveries. Covers experimental techniques as a guide to the reader. Organized around principles and mechanisms, using them to integrate discoveries from a range of organisms and systems.
- Medical biomethods handbook 2005, SpringerFulltext Springer ProtocolsBasic techniques in molecular biology / Ralph Rapley -- Probe design, production, and applications / Marilena Aquino de Muro -- Restriction enzymes: tools in clinical research / Gareth J.S. Jenkins -- Southern blotting as a diagnostic method / Bronwen Harvey and Pirkko Soundy -- Western blotting as a diagnostic method / Pirkko Soundy and Bronwen Harvey -- Principles and medical applications of the polymerase chain reaction / Bimal D. M. Theophilus -- Single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis / Igor Vorechovsky -- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) / Jeroen H. Roelfsema and Dorien J.M. Peters -- Quantitative analysis of DNA sequences by PCR and solid phase sequencing / Anu Suomalainen and Ann-Christine Syvänen -- Introduction to capillary electrophoresis of DNA: biomedical applications / Beatriz Sanchez-Vega -- Mapping techniques / Simon G. Gregory -- Dideoxyfingerprinting for mutation detection / Ioannis Bossis, Antonios Voutetakis, and Constantine A. Stratakis -- Conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis / Marian Hill -- Amplification refractory mutation system and molecular diagnostics / Richard Kitching and Arun Seth -- Ligase chain reaction / Carla Osiowy -- Chemical cleavage of mismatch: theory and clinical applications / Neil V. Whittock and Louise Izatt -- The protein truncation test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Linkage, allele sharing, and association / Mara Giordano -- Single nucleotide polymorphisms: technology and applications / Cyril Mamotte, Frank Christiansen, and Lyle J. Palmer -- cDNA microarrays / Philip G. Febbo -- Nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Katherine Loens, D. Ursi, H. Goosens, and M. Ieven -- The oligonucleotide ligation assay / Faye A. Eggerding -- Quantitative taqman real-time PCR: diagnostic and scientific applications / Jörg Dötsch, Ellen Schoof, and Wolfgang Rascher -- Use of denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography in molecular medicine / Elizabeth L. Rugg and Gareth J. Magee -- Quantitative PCR / David Sugden -- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of nucleic acids / Herbert Oberacher and Walther Parson -- Comparative genomic hybridization in clinical and medical research / Peng-Hui Wang, Yann-Jang Chen, and Chi-Hung Lin -- Bioinformatics tools for gene and protein sequence analysis / Bernd H.A. Rehm and Frank Reinecke -- In situ hybridization / Amanda D. Watters -- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay / William J. Jordan -- Protein therapeutics: mouse, humanized, and human antibodies / Benny K.C. Lo -- Karyotyping / Avery A. Sandberg, John F. Stone, and Zhong Chen -- Microsatellite analysis / Rachel E. Ibbotson and Anton E. Parker -- Analysis of chromosomal translocations / Andreas Hochhaus -- Differential display: theory and applications / Irina Gromova, Pavel Gromov, and Julio E. Celis -- Techniques for gene expression profiling / Mark P. Richards -- Capillary electrophoresis in clinical analysis / Margaret A. Jenkins and Sujiva Ratnaike -- Flow cytometry in the biomedical arena / James L. Weaver and Maryalice Stetler-Stevenson -- Immunocytochemistry / Patricia A. Fetsch -- Ribotyping in clinical microbiology / Patricia Severino and Sylvain Brisse -- Diagnostic applications of protein microarrays / Samir Hanash -- The human genome project / Rahul Chodhari and Eddie Chung -- Prenatal diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism / Guy T.N. Besley -- Gene therapy: methods and application / Stella B. Somiari.
- Meiosis 2009., KargerThe meiotic recombination hotspots of Schizosaccharomyces pombe / Pryce, D.W.; McFarlane, R.J. -- Meiotic recombination and crossovers in plants / De Muyt, A. ... [et al.] -- Meiosis in cereal crops : the grasses are back / Martinez-Perez, E. -- Homologue pairing, recombination and segregation in Caenorhabditis elegans / Zetka, M. -- Homolog pairing and segregation in Drosophila meiosis / McKee, B.D. -- The mammalian synaptonemal complex : a scaffold and beyond / Yang, F.; Wang, P.J. -- The dance floor of meiosis : evolutionary conservation of nuclear envelope attachment and dynamics of meiotic telomeres / Alsheimer, M. -- Cohesin complexes and sister chromatid cohesion in mammalian meiosis / Suja, J.A.; Barbero, J.L. -- Variation in patterns of human meiotic recombination / Khil, P.P.; Camerini-Otero, R.D. -- Maternal origin of the human aneuploidies are homolog synapsis and recombination to blame? Notes (learned) from the underbelly / Garcia-Cruz, R.; Roig, I.; Garcia Caldés, M. -- Inverted meiosis : the true bugs as a model to study / Viera, A.; Page, J.; Rufas, J.S. The meiotic recombination hotspots of Schizosaccharomyces pombe / D.W. Pryce, R.J. McFarlane -- Meiotic recombination and crossovers in plants / A. De Muyt ... [et al.] -- Meiosis in cereal crops : the grasses are back / E. Martinez-Perez -- Homologue pairing, recombination, and segregation in Caenorhabditis elegans / M. Zetka -- Homolog pairing and segregation in Drosophila meiosis / B.D. McKee -- The mammalian synaptonemal complex : a scaffold and beyond / F. Yang, P.J. Wang -- The dance floor of meiosis : evolutionary conservation of nuclear envelope attachment and dynamics of meiotic telomeres / M. Alsheimer -- Cohesin complexes and sister chromatid cohesion in mammalian meiosis / J.A. Suja, J.L. Barbero -- Variation in patterns of human meiotic recombination / P.P. Khil, R.D. Camerini-Otero -- Maternal origin of the human aneuploidies are homolog : synapsis and recombination to blame? notes (learned) from the underbelly / R. Garcia-Cruz, I. Roig, M. Garcia Caldes -- Inverted meiosis : the true bugs as a model to study / A. Viera, J. Page, J.S. Rufas.
- Membrane proteomics methods and protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsOnline tools for predicting integral membrane proteins / H. Bigelow and B. Rost -- In silico identification of novel G protein coupled receptors / M.N. Davies and D.R. Flower -- Transcriptome-based identification of candidate membrane proteins / E.J. Evans ... [et al.] -- Separation of thylakoid membrane proteins by sucrose gradient ultracentrifugation or blue native-SDS-PAGE two-dimensional electrophoresis / G.M. D'Amici, C.G. Huber and L. Zolla -- Extraction of yeast mitochondrial membrane proteins by solubilization and detergent/polymer aqueous two-phase partitioning / H. Everberg, N. Gustavsson and F. Tjerneld -- 16-BAC/SDS-PAGE analysis of membrane proteins of yeast mitochondria purified by free flow electrophoresis / R.J. Braun ... [et al.] -- Sequential detergent extraction prior to mass spectrometry analysis / F.M. McCarthy, A.M. Cooksey and S.C. Burgess -- Enrichment of brain plasma membranes by affinity two-phase partitioning / J. Schindler and H.G. Nothwang -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins / R.J. Wisniewski -- Proteomic analysis of the lymphocyte plasma membrane using cell surface biotinylation and solution-phase isoelectric focusing / M.J. Peirce, A.P. Cope and R. Wait -- Identification of target membrane proteins as detected by phage antibodies / C.A. Geuijen, A.Q. Bakker and J. de Kruif -- Membrane protease degradomics: proteomic identification and quantification of cell surface protease substrates / G.S. Butler ... [et al.] -- Purification of basolateral integral membrane proteins by cationic colloidal silica-based apical membrane subtraction / R.J. Goode and R.J. Simpson -- Moving closer to the lipid raft proteome using quantitative proteomics / L.J. Foster -- Use of sequential chemical extractions to purify nuclear membrane proteins for proteomics identification / N. Korfali ... [et al.] -- Isolation of extracellular membranous vesicles for proteomic analysis / R.A. Mathias ... [et al.] -- Enrichment of human platelet membranes for proteomic analysis / D.W. Greening ... [et al.] -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / T. Rabilloud -- Two-dimensional separation of membrane proteins by 16-BAC-SDS-PAGE / H.G. Nothwang and J. Schindler -- MudPIT analysis: application to human heart tissue / K.G. Kline and C.C. Wu -- Liquid chromatography MALDI MS/MS for membrane proteome analysis / N. Wang, J.B. Young and L. Li -- Cysteinyl-tagging of integral membrane proteins for proteomic analysis using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / S.K. Mitra and M.B. Goshe -- Quantitative proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins / X. Chen and P.C. Andrews.
- Meta-analysis and combining information in genetics and genomics 2010, CRCnetBASEPt. 0. Introductory Material -- 1. brief introduction to meta-analysis, genetics, and genomics / Darlene R. Goldstein and Rudy Guerra -- Pt I. Similar Data Types I: Genotype Data -- 2. Combining information across genome-wide linkage scans / Carol J. Etzel and Tracy J. Costello -- 3. Genome search meta-analysis (GSMA): a nonparametric method for meta-analysis of genome-wide linkage studies / Cathryn M. Lewis -- 4. Heterogeneity in meta-analysis of quantitative trait linkage studies / Hans C. van Houwelingen and Jeremie J. P. Lebrec -- 5. empirical Bayesian framework for QTL genome-wide scans / Kui Zhang ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. Similar Data Types II: Gene Expression Data -- 6. Composite hypothesis testing: an approach built on intersection-union tests and Bayesian posterior probabilities / Stephen Erickson, Kyoungmi Kim and David B. Allison -- 7. Frequentist and Bayesian error pooling methods for enhancing statistical power in small sample microarray data analysis / Jae K. Lee, Hyung Jun Cho and Michael O'Connell -- 8. Significance testing for small microarray experiments / Charles Kooperberg ... [et al.] -- 9. Comparison of meta-analysis to combined analysis of a replicated microarray study / Darlene R. Goldstein ... [et al.] -- 10. Alternative probe set definitions for combining microarray data across studies using different versions of Affymetrix oligonucleotide arrays / Jeffrey S. Morris ... [et al.] -- 11. Gene ontology-based meta-analysis of genome-scale experiments / Chad A. Shaw -- Pt. III. Combining Different Data Types -- 12. Combining genomic data in human studies / Debashis Ghosh, Daniel Rhodes and Arul Chinnaiyan -- 13. overview of statistical approaches for expression trait loci mapping / Christina Kendziorski and Meng Chen -- 14. Incorporating GO annotation information in expression trait loci mapping / J. Blair Christian and Rudy Guerra -- 15. misclassification model for inferring transcriptional regulatory networks / Ning Sun and Hongyu Zhao -- 16. Data integration for the study of protein interactions / Fengzhu Sun ... [et al.] -- 17. Gene trees, species trees, and species networks / Luay Nakhleh, Derek Ruths and Hideki Innan.
- Metagenomics methods and protocols 2010, Springer ProtocolsMolecular Methods to Study Complex Microbial Communities / José M. Vieites, María-Eugenia Guazzaroni, Ana Beloqui, Peter N. Golyshin, and Manuel Ferrer -- Construction of Small-Insert and Large-Insert Metagenomic Libraries / Carola Simon and Rolf Daniel -- Construction and Screening of Marine Metagenomic Libraries / Nancy Weiland, Carolin Löscher, Rebekka Metzger, and Ruth Schmitz -- Metagenomic Analysis of Isotopically Enriched DNA / Yin Chen, Josh D. Neufeld, Marc G. Dumont, Michael W. Friedrich, and J. Colin Murrell -- Wide Host-Range Cloning for Functional Metagenomics / Margaret Wexler and Andrew W.B. Johnston -- Cloning and Expression Vectors for a Gram-Positive Host, Streptomyces lividans / Kristof Vrancken, Lieve Van Mellaert, and Jozef Anné -- Heterologous Gene Expression in the Hyperthermophilic Archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus / Angel Angelov and Wolfgang Liebl -- Novel Tools for the Functional Expression of Metagenomic DNA / Sonja Christina Troeschel, Thomas Drepper, Christian Leggewie, Wolfgang R. Streit, and Karl-Erich Jaeger -- Screening of Functional Promoter from Metagenomic DNA for Practical Use in Expression Systems / So-Youn Park and Geun-Joong Kim -- Substrate-Induced Gene Expression Screening: A Method for High-Throughput Screening of Metagenome Libraries / Taku Uchiyama and Kentaro Miyazaki -- Screens for Active and Stereoselective Hydrolytic Enzymes / Dominique Böttcher, Marlen Schmidt, and Uwe T. Bornscheuer. Screening for Cellulase-Encoding Clones in Metagenomic Libraries / Nele Ilmberger and Wolfgang R. Streit -- Screening Metagenomic Libraries for Laccase Activities / Manuel Ferrer, Ana Beloqui, and Peter N. Golyshin -- Screening for N-AHSL-Based-Signaling Interfering Enzymes / Phil M. Oger and Stéphane Uroz -- Identification of Molecular Markers to Follow Up the Bioremediation of Sites Contaminated with Chlorinated Compounds / Massimo Marzorati, Annalisa Balloi, Francesca De Ferra, and Daniele Daffonchio -- Methods for the Isolation of Genes Encoding Novel PHB Cycle Enzymes from Complex Microbial Communities / Ricardo F. Nordeste, Maria A. Trainer, and Trevor C. Charles -- Metagenomic Approaches to Identify and Isolate Bioactive Natural Products from Microbiota of Marine Sponges / Cristian Gurgui and Jörn Piel -- Screening for Novel Antibiotic Resistance Genes / Mindy G. Brown, Elizabeth H. Mitchell, and David L. Balkwill -- Novel Metal Resistance Genes from Microorganisms: A Functional Metagenomic Approach / José E. González-Pastor and Salvador Mirete -- Retrieval of Full-Length Functional Genes Using Subtractive Hybridization Magnetic Bead Capture / Tracy Meiring, Inonge Mulako, Marla I. Tuffin, Quinton Meyer, and Donald A. Cowan -- Detection and Isolation of Selected Genes of Interest from Metagenomic Libraries by a DNA Microarray Approach / Gopal P. Pathak and Wolfgang Gärtner -- Application of DNA Microarray for Screening Metagenome Library Clones / Soo-Je Park, Jong-Chan Chae, and Sung-Keun Rhee -- MetaGenomeThreader: A Software Tool for Predicting Genes in DNA-Sequences of Metagenome Projects / David J. Schmitz-Hübsch and Stefan Kurtz.
- Metagenomics of the human body 2011, Springer1.The human genome, microbiomes, and disease -- 2. Host genotype and the effect on microbial communities -- 3. The human microbiome and host-pathogen interactions -- 4. The human virome -- 5. Selection and sequencing of strains as references for human microbiome studies -- 6. The human vaginal microbiome -- 7. The human lung microbiome -- 8. The human skin microbiome in health and skin diseases -- 9. The human oral microbiome -- 10. Retraction: the human and his microbiome risk factors for infections -- 11. Retraction: infectogenomics: aspect of host responses to microbes in digestive tract -- 12. Autoimmune disease and human metagenome -- 13. Metagenomic applications and the potential for understanding chronic liver disease -- 14. Symbiotic gut microbiota and the modulation of human metabolic phenotypes -- 15. MetaHIT: the European Union project on metagenomics of the human intestinal tract -- 16. Implications of human microbiome research for the developing world -- Index.
- Metagenomics-- sequences from the environment 2006, NCBI BookshelfAcid mine drainage biofilm -- Waseca County farm soil -- Whale fall community -- Methane-oxidizing archaea -- Human fecal virus -- Sargasso Sea marine microbial metagenome -- Human distal gut microbiome -- Enhanced biological phosphorus removal (EBPR) sludge community -- Mouse gut microbiota metagenome.
- Methods in microarray normalization / 2008, CRCnetBASEA comprehensive analysis of the effect of microarray data preprocessing methods on differentially expressed transcript selection -- Differentiation detection in microarray normalization -- Preprocessing and normalization for Affymetrix GeneChip expression microarrays -- Spatial detrending and normalization methods for two-channel DNA and protein microarray data -- A survey of cDNA microarray normalization and a comparison by k-NN classification -- Technical variation in modeling the joint expression of several genes -- Biological interpretation for microarray normalization selection -- Methodology of functional analysis for omics data normalization -- Exon array analysis for the detection of alternative splicing -- Normalization of array CGH data -- SNP array-based analysis for the detection of chromosomal aberrations and copy number variations.
- DNA microarray technology. Introduction / J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization on BAC arrays / B.P. Coe ... [et al.] -- Comparative genomic hybridization on spotted oligonucleotide microarrays / Y.H. Kim and J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization by representational oligonucleotide microarray analysis / R. Lucito and J. Byrnes -- Application of oligonucleotides arrays for coincident comparative genomic hybridization, ploidy status and loss of heterozygosity studies in human cancers / J.K. Cowell and K.C. Lo -- Molecular inversion probe assay for allelic quantitation / H. Ji and K. Welch -- A whole-genome amplification protocol for a wide variety of DNAs, including those from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue / P.L. Paris -- Algorithms for calling gains and losses in array CGH data / P. Wang -- Methylation analysis by microarray / D.E. Deatherage ... [et al.] -- Methylation analysis by DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) / E.A. Vucic ... [et al.] -- Combining chromatin immunoprecipitation and oligonucleotide tiling arrays (ChIP-Chip) for functional genomic studies / J. Eeckhoute, M. Lupien and M. Brown -- ChIP-Chip: algorithms for calling binding sites / X.S. Liu and C.A. Meyer -- Mapping regulatory elements by DNaseI hypersensitivity chip (DNase-Chip) / Y. Shibata and G.E. Crawford -- Microarray analysis of DNA replication timing / N. Karnani, C.M. Taylor and A. Dutta -- Integration of diverse microarray data types / K. Salari and J.R. Pollack.
- Microarray data analysis methods and applications 2007, Springer Protocols
- Microarray image analysis an algorithmic approach 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Microarray methods and protocols 2009, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to microarray technologies / Robert S. Matson -- Nucleic acid sample preparation / Robert S. Matson -- Solid-phase substrates for nucleic acid microarrays / Robert S. Matson -- Protein sample preparation for microarrays / Robert S. Matson -- Solid-phase chemistries for protein microarrays / Robert S. Matson -- Protein microarrays : the link between genomics and proteomics / Persis P. Wadia and David B. Miklos -- Bead arrays : an introduction to multiplexed bead-based assays for proteins / Yong Song -- Carbohydrate arrays / Denong Wang -- Lectin microarrays / Masao Yamada -- Printing methods / Todd Martinsky.
- Microarray technology and cancer gene profiling 2006, SpringerManufacturing of microarrays -- Technological platforms for microarray gene expression profiling -- Principles of gene microarray data analysis -- Gaining weights ... and feeling good about it! -- Complementary techniques -- Microarrays for cancer diagnosis and classification -- Gene profiling for the prediction of tumor response to treatment: the case of immunotherapy -- Identification of molecular determinants of tumor sensitivity and resistance to anticancer drugs -- SNP and mutation analysis -- Cancer development and progression -- Gene expression profiling in malignant lymphomas -- Tumor immunology.
- Microarrays. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2007., Springer Protocolsv.2, 2009 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Synthesis methods -- v. 2. Applications and data analysis.
- Microbial gene essentiality protocols and bioinformatics 2008, Springer ProtocolsOverview of whole-genome essentiality analysis / Karen Joy Shaw -- Pt. I. Experimental protocols. IA. Populational genome-wide essentiality screens. Transposon-based strategies for the identification of essential bacterial genes / William S. Reznikoff and Kelly M. Winterberg -- Identification and analysis of essential genes in Haemophilus influenzae / Sandy M.S. Wong and Brian J. Akerley -- Transposon site hybridization in Mycobacterium tuberculosis / Jeffrey P. Murry ... [et al.] -- Essential genes in the infection model of Pseudomonas aeruginosa PCR-based signature-tagged mutagenesis / François Sanschagrin, Irena Kukavica-Ibrulj, and Roger C. Levesque -- Whole-genome detection of conditionally essential and dispensable genes in Escherichia coli via genetic footprinting / Michael D. Scholle and Svetlana Y. Gerdes -- Generating a collection of insertion mutations in the Staphylococcus aureus genome using bursa aurealis / Taeok Bae ... [et al.] -- Multipurpose transposon insertion libraries for large-scale analysis of gene function in yeast / Anuj Kumar -- IB. Systematic collections of knockout mutants. How to make a defined near-saturation mutant library. Case 1: Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 / Michael A. Jacobs -- Comparing insertion libraries in two Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains to assess gene essentiality / Nicole T. Liberati ... [et al.] -- The construction of systematic in-frame, single-gene knockout mutant collection in Escherichia coli K-12 / Tomoya Baba and Hirotada Mori -- The applications of systematic in-frame, single-gene knockout mutant collection of Escherichia coli K-12 / Tomoya Baba ... [et al.] -- A novel, simple, high-throughput method for isolation of genome-wide transposon insertion mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 / Takeyoshi Miki, Yoshihiro Yamamoto, and Hideo Matsuda -- High-throughput creation of a whole-genome collection of yeast knockout strains / Angela M. Chu and Ronald W. Davis -- Analysis of genetic interactions on a genome-wide scale in budding yeast: diploid-based synthetic lethality analysis by microarray / Pamela B. Meluh ... [et al.] -- IC. Genome minimization. Scarless engineering of the Escherichia coli genome / Tamás Fehér ... [et al.] -- Minimization of the Escherichia coli genome using the Tn5-targeted Cre/loxP excision system / Byung Jo Yu and Sun Chang Kim -- Construction of long chromosomal deletion mutants of Escherichia coli and minimization of the genome / Jun-ichi Kato and Masayuki Hashimoto -- ID. Conditional knockouts. Identification of essential genes in Staphylococcus aureus by construction and screening of conditional mutant library / Dezhong Yin and Yinduo Ji -- Techniques for the isolation and use of conditionally expressed antisense RNA to achieve essential gene knockdowns in Staphylococcus aureus / Allyn Forsyth and Liangsu Wang -- Introduction of conditional lethal amber mutations in Escherichia coli / Christopher D. Herring -- Pt. II. Bioinformatics. IIA. Statistics. Statistical methods for building random transposon mutagenesis libraries / Oliver Will -- Statistical evaluation of genetic footprinting data / Gábor Balázsi -- Modeling competitive outgrowth of mutant populations : why do essentiality screens yield divergent results? / Alexander I. Grenov and Svetlana Y. Gerdes -- Statistical analysis of fitness data determined by TAG hybridization on microarrays / Brian D. Peyser, Rafael Irizarry, and Forrest A. Spencer -- IIB. Data integration and modeling. Profiling of Escherichia coli chromosome database / Yukiko Yamazaki, Hironori Niki, and Jun-ichi Kato -- Gene essentiality analysis based on DEG, a database of essential genes / Chun-Ting Zhang and Ren Zhang -- Detection of essential genes in Streptococcus pneumoniae using bioinformatics and allelic replacement mutagenesis / Jae-Hoon Song and Kwan Soo Ko -- Design and application of genome-scale reconstructed metabolic models / Isabel Rocha, Jochen Förster, and Jens Nielsen -- Predicting gene essentiality using genome-scale in silico models / Andrew R. Joyce and Bernhard Ø. Palsson -- Comparative approach to analysis of gene essentiality / Andrei L. Osterman and Svetlana Y. Gerdes.
- Microbial genomics and drug discovery 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Microbial pathogenomics 2009., KargerGenome comparison of bacterial pathogens / Wassenaar, T.M. ... [et al.] -- In silico reconstruction of the metabolic and pathogenic potential of bacterial genomes using subsystems / McNeil, L.K., Aziz, R.K. -- The bacterial pan-genome and reverse vaccinology / Tettelin, H. -- 'Guilty by association' : protein-protein interactions (PPIS) in bacterial pathogens / Schauer, K., Stingl, K -- Helicobacter pylori sequences reflect past human migrations / Moodley, Y., Linz, B. -- Helicobacter pylori genome plasticity / Baltrus, D.A., Blaser, M.A., Guillemin, K. -- Genomics of Thermophilic campylobacter species / Gaskin, D.J.H. ... [et al.] -- Adaptation of pathogenic E. coli to various niches : genome flexibility is the key / Brzuszkiewicz, E. ... [et al.] -- Role of horizontal gene transfer in the evolution of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence / Qiu, X., Kulasekara, B.R., Lory, S. -- The genus Burkholderia : analysis of 56 genomic sequences / Ussery, D.W. ... [et al.] -- Genomics of host-restricted pathogens of the genus Bartonella / Engel, P., Dehio, C. -- Legionella pneumophila - host interactions : insights gained from comparative genomics and cell biology / Lomma, M. ... [et al.] -- A proteomics view of virulence factors of Staphylococcus aureus / Engelmann, S., Hecker, M. -- Pathogenomics of mycobacteria / Gutierrez, M.C., Supply, P., Brosch, R.
- MicroRNA and Cancer methods and protocols 2011, Springer ProtocolsMicroRNA Biogenesis and Cancer / Julia Winter, Sven Diederichs -- Computational Identification of miRNAs Involved in Cancer / Anastasis Oulas, Nestoras Karathanasis, Panayiota Poirazi -- The Principles of MiRNA-Masking Antisense Oligonucleotides Technology / Zhiguo Wang -- The Concept of Multiple-Target Anti-miRNA Antisense Oligonucleotide Technology / Zhiguo Wang -- Modulation of MicroRNAs for Potential Cancer Therapeutics / Wei Wu -- Detection of MicroRNAs in Cultured Cells and Paraffin-Embedded Tissue Specimens by In Situ Hybridization / Ashim Gupta, Yin-Yuan Mo -- MicroRNA Northern Blotting, Precursor Cloning, and Ago2-Improved RNA Interference / Julia Winter, Sven Diederichs -- miRNA Profiling on High-Throughput OpenArray System / Elena V. Grigorenko, Elen Ortenberg, James Hurley, Andrew Bond, Kevin Munnelly -- Silicon Nanowire Biosensor for Ultrasensitive and Label-Free Direct Detection of miRNAs / Guo-Jun Zhang -- High-Throughput and Reliable Protocols for Animal MicroRNA Library Cloning / Caide Xiao -- MicroRNA Regulation of Growth Factor Receptor Signaling in Human Cancer Cells / Keith M. Giles, Andrew Barker, Priscilla M. Zhang, Michael R. Epis, Peter J. Leedman -- Epigenetic Regulation of MicroRNA Expression in Cancer / Hani Choudhry, James W. Catto -- In Vitro Functional Study of miR-126 in Leukemia / Zejuan Li, Jianjun Chen -- Prediction of the Biological Effect of Polymorphisms Within MicroRNA Binding Sites / Debora Landi, Roberto Barale, Federica Gemignani, Stefano Landi -- The Guideline of the Design and Validation of MiRNA Mimics / Zhiguo Wang -- Analysis of Targets and Functions Coregulated by MicroRNAs / Shu-Jen Chen, Hua-Chien Chen -- Utilization of SSCprofiler to Predict a New miRNA Gene / Anastasis Oulas, Panayiota Poirazi -- MicroRNA Profiling Using Fluorescence-Labeled Beads: Data Acquisition and Processing / Thomas Streichert, Benjamin Otto, Ulrich Lehmann.
- MicroRNA methods 2007, ScienceDirect
- MicroRNA protocols 2006, Springer Protocols
- MicroRNAs and the immune system methods and protocols 2010, Springer ProtocolsA rapid, quantitative assay for direct detection of microRNAs and other small RNAs using splinted ligation -- Normalization of microRNA quantitative RT-PCR data in reduced scale experimental designs -- MicroRNA detection in bone marrow cells by LNA-FISH -- Measuring microRNA expression in size-limited facs-sorted and microdissected samples -- MicroRNA cloning from cells of the immune system -- High-throughput profiling in the hematopoietic system -- Construction of small RNA cDNA libraries for deep sequencing -- MicroRNA-profiling in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded specimens -- Expression of miRNAs in lymphocytes : A review -- Mouse models for miRNA expression: The ROSA26 locus -- Regulation of monocytopoiesis by microRNAs -- MicroRNA activity in B lymphocytes -- Isolation and characterization of microRNAs of human mature erythrocytes -- Stable overexpression of miRNAs in bone marrow-derived murine mast cells using lentiviral expression vectors -- Monitoring microRNA activity and validating microRNA targets by reporter-based approaches -- Lentivirus-mediated antagomir expression -- Solution structure of miRNA:mRNA complex -- MiRNA editing -- Computational prediction of microRNA targets -- Large-scale integration of microRNA and gene expression data for identification of enriched microRNA-mRNA associations in biological systems -- Identification and validation of the cellular targets of virus-encoded microRNAs.
- MicroRNAs in cancer translational research 2011, Springer1 -- MicroRNAs in Cancer (An Overview) -- 2. The Role of MicroRNAs in Lung Cancer Development, Progression, and Metastasis -- 3. MicroRNAs in Breast Cancer -- 4. MicroRNAs in Colorectal Cancer -- 5. MicroRNAs in Gastric Cancer -- 6. MicroRNAs in Prostate Cancer: A Possible Role as Novel Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets?- 7. MicroRNAs in Hepatocellular Carcinoma -- 8. MicroRNAs in Cervical Carcinoma -- 9. MicroRNAs in Esophageal Cancer -- 10. MicroRNAs in Bladder Cancer -- 11. MicroRNAs in Lymphoma -- 12. MicroRNAs in Leukemia -- 13. MicroRNAs in Pancreatic Cancer: Potential Interests as Biomarkers and Therapeutic Tools -- 14. MicroRNAs in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer -- 15. MicroRNAs in Brain Tumors -- 16. MicroRNAs and Cancer Stem Cells -- 17. MicroRNAs in Cancer Invasion and Metastasis -- 18. MicroRNAs in Predicting Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy Response -- 19. Role of MicroRNAs in Anti-cancer Drug Resistance -- 20. MicroRNAs and Cancer Metabolism -- 21. MicroRNAs as Blood-based Biomarkers of Cancer -- 22. RNAi-based Approaches to the Treatment of Brain Tumors.
- Mitochondrial DNA methods and protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Modern genome annotation the biosapiens network 2008, Springer
- Molecular biology. 2nd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyUnit 1. Basic Chemical and Biological Principles -- Unit 2. The Genome -- Unit 3. The Central Dogma of Molecular Biology -- Unit 4. Regulating Gene Expression -- Unit 5. Subcellular Life Forms -- Unit 6. Changing the DNA Blueprint.
- Molecular cytogenetics protocols and applications 2002, Springer Protocols
- Molecular diagnostic PCR handbook 2005, Springer
- Molecular diagnostics 12 tests that changed everything 2014, SpringerMolecular Diagnostics: 12 Tests That Changed Everything focuses on specific laboratory tests and emphasizes how the availability of these tests has altered how clinicians treat their patients. Presented as a standard outline, each chapter focuses on a specific molecular test and provides background on the test and its clinical applications. Continuing with some discussion on how the test is done, interpreted, and used clinically, each chapter then concludes with a discussion of how that test has changed the way medicine is practiced with respect to the disease or condition in question. Authored by renowned experts in the field, Molecular Diagnostics: 12 Tests That Changed Everything is a valuable resource for pathologists, pathology residents, laboratory directors, development personnel, lab medicine fellows and those working in the broad area of oncology, infectious disease and genetics.
- Undoubtedly, Drosophila melanogaster, fruit fly, has proven to be one of the most popular invertebrate model organisms, and the work horse for modern day biologists. Drosophila, a highly versatile model with a genetic legacy of more than a century, provides powerful genetic, cellular, biochemical and molecular biology tools to address many questions extending from basic biology to human diseases. One of the most important questions in biology focuses on: how does a multi-cellular organism develop from a single-celled embryo? The discovery of the genes responsible for pattern formation has helped refine this question. Drosophila eye model has been extensively used to study molecular genetic mechanisms involved in patterning and growth. Since the genetic machinery involved in the Drosophila eye is similar to humans, it has been used to model human diseases and homology to eyes in other taxa. This book will discuss molecular genetic mechanisms of pattern formation, axial patterning, growth regulation in Drosophila eye, and more.
- Molecular genetics of inflammatory bowel disease 2013, SpringerInflammatory bowel disease (IBD) affects 1% of people worldwide. This condition is partly inherited, and genetic research has made enormous progress during the last few years, providing important insight into disease pathogenesis. This book provides a concise but complete overview of existing knowledge, with particular focus on the molecular and genetic mechanisms at the basis of IBD. Invited experts, at the frontline of IBD research, introduce basic concepts in the pathophysiology of IBD and its two major forms Crohn?s disease and ulcerative colitis, provide a historical perspective and highlight latest discoveries of IBD genetic research, describe how this information has helped to unravel novel pathogenetic pathways, and formulate a vision for future investigations and their clinical application in IBD. State-of-the-art information contained in this book is an exceptional resource for all those in the biomedical field with a specific interest in IBD, including basic scientists, gastroenterologists, GI specialist doctors and research nurses, but also medical and biomedical students.
- Molecular genetics of mammalian cells 1987, ScienceDirect
- Molecular genetics of recombination 2007, Springer
- Molecular mechanisms of Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome 2005, SpringerIdentification of the gene involved in 4q25-linked Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome, PITX2 / Elena V. Semina -- Winged helix/forkhead transcription factors and Rieger syndrome / Darryl Y. Nishimura and Ruth E. Swiderski -- Rieger syndrome and PAX6 deletion / Ruth Riise -- The molecular and biochemical basis of Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome / Brad A. Amendt -- Role of PITX2 in the pituitary gland / Hoonkyo Suh ... [et al.] -- Expression and function of PITX2 in chick heart looping / Xueyan Yu, Shusheng Wang, and YiPing Chen -- The multiple roles of PITX2 in heart development / James F. Martin -- The role of PITX2 in tooth development / Brad A. Amendt -- PITX genes and ocular development / Elena V. Semina -- An overview of Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome and the anterior segment developmental disorders / Brad A. Amendt.
- Molecular toxicology protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of K-RAS and P53 mutations in sputum samples / Weimin Gao and Phouthone Keohavong -- Allele-specific competitive blocker-PCR detection of rare base substitution / Barbara L. Parsons, Page B. McKinzie, and Robert H. Heflich -- Gel-based nonradioactive single-strand conformational polymorphism and mutation detection: limitations and solutions / Vibhuti Gupta ... [et al.] -- Detection and characterization of oncogene mutations in preneoplastic and early neoplastic lesions / Toshinari Minamoto -- Detection of DNA double-strand breaks and chromosome translocations using ligation-mediated PCR and inverse PCR / Michael J. Villalobos, Christopher J. Betti, and Andrew T.M. Vaughan -- Microsatellite instability: an indirect assay to detect defects in the cellular mismatch repair machinery / Anjana Saha, Narendra K. Bairwa, and Ramesh Bamezai -- Unscheduled DNA synthesis: a functional assay for global genomic nucleotide excision repair / Crystal M. Kelly and Jean J. Latimer -- Analysis of DNA repair using transfection-based host cell reactivation / Jennifer M. Johnson and Jean J. Latimer -- An immunoassay for measuring repair of ultraviolet photoproducts / Shirley McCready -- Analysis of DNA double-strand break repair by nonhomologous end joining in cell-free extracts from mammalian cells / Petra Pfeiffer ... [et al.] -- The comet-FISH technique: a tool for detection of specific DNA damage and repair / Alexander Rapp, Michael Hausmann, and Karl Otto Greulich -- DNA double-strand break damage and repair assessed by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis / Nina Joshi and Stephen G. Grant -- Analysis of in vivo mutation in the Hprt and Tk genes of mouse lymphocytes / Vasily N. Dobrovolsky, Joseph G. Shaddock, and Robert H. Heflich -- Quantifying in vivo somatic mutations using transgenic mouse model systems / Roy R. Swiger -- Methods for detecting somatic mutations in vitro: the human T-cell cloning assay selecting for HPRT mutants / Sai-Mei Hou -- Molecular analysis of mutations in the human HPRT gene / Phouthone Keohavong, Liqiang Xi, and Stephen G. Grant -- Simultaneous quantification of t(14;18) and HPRT exon 2/3 deletions in human lymphocytes / James C. Fuscoe -- The GPA in vivo somatic mutation assay / Stephen G. Grant -- Flow cytometric measurement of mutant T cells with altered expression of TCR: detecting somatic mutations in humans and mice / Seishi Kyoizumi, Yoichiro Kusunoki, and Tomonori Hayashi -- Mutation screening of the TP53 gene by temporal temperature gradient gel electrophoresis / Therese Sørlie ... [et al.] -- ³²P-postlabeling analysis of DNA adducts / David H. Phillips, Alan Hewer, and Volker M. Arlt -- Modification of the ³²P-postlabeling method to detect a single adduct as a single spot / Masako Ochiai, Takashi Sugimura, and Minako Nagao -- DNA isolation and sample preparation for quantification of adduct levels by accelerator mass spectrometry / Karen H. Dingley ... [et al.] -- Fluoroimaging-based immunoassay of DNA photoproducts in ultraviolet-B-irradiated tadpoles / Iovanna Pandelova, Stephen R. Hewitt, and John B. Hays -- Analysis of DNA strand cleavage at abasic sites / Walter A. Deutsch and Vijay Hegde -- Premature chromosome condensation in human resting peripheral blood lymphocytes for chromosome aberration analysis using specific whole-chromosome DNA hybridization probes / Pataje G.S. Prasanna and William F. Blakely -- Mutagen-induced chromatid breakage as a marker of cancer risk / Xifeng Wu, Yun-Ling Zheng, and T.C. Hsu -- Flow cytometric analysis of micronuclei in erythrocytes / Jan Grawé -- The comet assay: a sensitive genotoxicity test for the detection of DNA damage / Günter Speit and Andreas Hartmann -- Computerized image analysis software for the comet assay / R.C. Chaubey -- Measuring recombination proficiency in mouse embryonic stem cells / Andrew J. Pierce and Maria Jasin -- Strategies for measurement of biotransformation enzyme gene expression / Marjorie Romkes and Shama C. Buch -- Genotyping technologies: application to biotransformation enzyme genetic polymorphism screening / Marjorie Romkes and Shama C. Buch -- TaqMan® fluorogenic detection system to analyze gene transcription in autopsy material / Kaori Shintani-Ishida, Bao-Li Zhu, and Hitoshi Maeda -- Development of quantitative reverse transcriptase PCR assays for measuring gene expression / Tony E. Godfrey and Lori A. Kelly -- Quantification of selective phosphatidylserine oxidation during apoptosis / James P. Fabisiak ... [et al.] -- Quantitative method of measuring of phosphatidylserine externalization during apoptosis using electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy and annexin-conjugated iron / James P. Fabisiak, Grigory G. Borisenko, and Valerian E. Kagan -- Detection of programmed cell death in cells exposed to genotoxic agents using a caspase activation assay / Michael E. Gehring and Patrick P. Koty.
- Molecular-based decision making for personalized cancer management 2012, Future MedIntegrating molecular knowledge in clinical decision-making for personalized cancer management -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors -- Metastatic melanoma -- Ovarian cancer -- Triple-negative breast cancer -- Gastric cancer -- Pleural mesothelioma -- Lung adenocarcinoma.
- Moral, social, and commercial imperatives of genetic testing and screening the Australian case 2006, SpringerFrom destiny to freedom? : on human nature and liberal eugenics in the age of genetic manipulation / Michela Betta -- Diagnostic knowledge in the genetic economy and commerce / Michela Betta -- Body talk : genetic screening as a device of crime regulation / Richard Hil, Richard Hindmarsh -- Genetic testing and human genetic databases / Astrid H. Gesche -- The imperative of the "new genetics" : challenges for ethics, law, and social policy / David Weisbrot -- Insurance and genetics : regulating a private market in the public interest / David Weisbrot, Brian Opeskin -- The social imperative for community genetic screening : an Australian perspective / MaryAnne Aitken, Sylvia Metcalfe -- Genetically transformed healthcare : healthy children and parents / Enzo A. Palombo, Mrinal Bhave -- The Australian law reform inquiry into genetic commission testing - a worker's perspective / Susan Pennicuik -- Genetic information and the Australian labour movement / Suzanne Jamieson -- Protecting the vulnerable : genetic testing and screening for parentage, immigration, and aboriginality / Astrid H. Gesche -- Essentially whose? : genetic testing and the ownership of genetic information / Lyn Turney -- Self-knowledge and self-care in the age of genetic manipulation / Michela Betta.
- Morphogenesis and pathogenicity in fungi 2012, SpringerThis book combines state-of-the-art expertise from a variety of diverse pathogen model systems to provide an update to our current understanding of the regulation of fungal morphogenesis as a key determinant of pathogenicity in fungi.
- Morphology, shape and phylogeny 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Multigenic and induced systemic resistance in plants 2006, Springer
- Multiple origins of sex differences in brain neuroendocrine functions and their pathologies 2013, SpringerIn theoretical terms, sex differences in brain and behavior offer the possibility of fascinating scientific studies on a range of molecular phenomena such as DNA methylation, chromatin protein modification, non-coding DNA, resulting in important neuroanatomical and neurochemical effects. However, this general subject has been treated with much hyperbole. Historically, sex differences were assumed to be present where they did not really exist, e.g. with respect to mathematics, executive leadership, etc. etc. Under what circumstances do we really care about sex differences in brain and behavior? These circumstances concern human maladies whose diagnoses are much different between boys and girls, or between women and men. Prominent examples to be discussed today will include autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders and congenital adrenal hyperplasia. The meeting will end with a consideration of effects of estrogenic hormones on the injured brain, and their roles as protective agents.
- Multiple testing procedures with applications to genomics 2008, Springer
- Neurobehavioral genetics methods and applications. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. A History of Behavior Genetics / Stephen C. Maxson -- Chapter 2. Developmental Neurobehavioral Genetics: Development as Explanation / Gilbert Gottlieb -- Chapter 3. Some Basics, Mendelian Traits, Polygenic Traits, Complex Traits / Byron C. Jones -- Chapter 4. An Introduction to Quantitative Genetics / Wim E. Crusio -- Chapter 5. From QTL Detection to Gene Identification / Marie-Pierre Moisan -- Chapter 6. Gene Expression / Richard A. Radcliffe -- Chapter 7. Bioinformatics of Behavior / Elissa J. Chesler -- Chapter 8. Congenic and Consomic Strains / Lorraine Flaherty and Valerie Bolivar -- Chapter 9. Animal Resources in Behavioral Neurogenetics / Jean-Michel Lassalle -- Chapter 10. Sample Size Requirements for Experiments on Laboratory Animals / Douglas Wahlsten -- Chapter 11. The Role of Association Studies in Psychiatric Disorders / Nicolas Ramoz and Philip Gorwood -- Chapter 12. Family and Twin Methods / Keith E. Whitfield and Tracy L. Nelson -- Chapter 13. Gene-Environment Interactions / Byron C. Jones and Leslie C. Jones -- Chapter 14. And Now it Starts to Get Interesting: Gene-Gene Interactions / Yamima Osher -- Chapter 15. Schizophrenia: Study of a Genetically Complex Phenotype / Michael F. Pogue-Geile and Irving I. Gottesman -- Chapter 16. Genetics of Major Affective Disorders / Wade Berrettini -- Chapter 17. Pedigree Analyses and the Study of Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) Personality and Subjective Well-Being / Alexander Weiss and James E. King -- Chapter 18. The Elusive World of Personality Genes: Cherchez le Phenotype / Richard P. Ebstein, Rachel Bachner-Melman, Jonathan Benjamin, and Robert H. Belmaker -- Chapter 19. Aggression: Concepts and Methods Relevant to Genetic Analyses in Mice and Humans / Stephen C. Maxson and Andrew Canastar -- Chapter 20. Genetic Analysis of Emotional Behaviors Using Animal Models / André Ramos and Pierre Mormède -- Chapter 21. Genetic Analysis of Food Search Behavior in the Fruit Fly (Drosophila melanogaster) / Amsale T. Belay and Marla B. Sokolowski -- Chapter 22. Genetic and Molecular Analyses of Drosophila
- This book gives an overview of the current knowledge on the most common neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's disease, frontotemporal lobar degeneration, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and additional neurodegenerative diseases. Different aspects of each disease are reviewed, including clinical issues, treatments, basic discoveries (genetics and molecular biology), and translation of basic research into biomarkers for early diagnosis. In addition, emerging data indicate that neurodegeneration seems to also be present in classically non-degenerative disorders. Therefore, a chapter about overlapping mechanisms between dementias and psychiatric disorders is included, as well as a description of the role of neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis. Neurodegenerative Diseases is aimed at clinicians, particularly those working in academic hospitals. This multidisciplinary book will also be of interest to basic researchers in medical fields.
- Neurofibromatosis type 1 molecular and cellular biology 2012, SpringerNeurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1), caused by mutational inactivation of the NF1 tumour suppressor gene, is one of the most common dominantly inherited human disorders, affecting 1 in 3000 individuals worldwide. This book presents in concise fashion, but as comprehensively as possible, our current state of knowledge on the molecular genetics, molecular biology and cellular biology of this tumour predisposition syndrome. Written by internationally recognized experts in the field, the 44 chapters that constitute this edited volume provide the reader with a broad overview of the clinical features of the disease, the structure and expression of the NF1 gene, its germ line and somatic mutational spectra and genotype-phenotype relationships, the structure and function of its protein product (neurofibromin), NF1 modifying loci, the molecular pathology of NF1-associated tumours, animal models of the disease, psycho-social aspects and future prospects for therapeutic treatment.Neurofibromatosis Type 1: Molecular and Cellular Biology will be of great value to medical geneticists, molecular and cellular biologists, oncologists, dermatologists, neurologists, genetic counsellors and general practitioners alike.
- Neurogenetics scientific and clinical advances 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Part I Approach to neuromuscular diseases: principles and basics -- Clinical assessment in neuromuscular disorders -- Nerve and muscle: basic concepts -- Part II Approach to neuromuscular diseases: neuromuscular investigations -- Serum muscle enzymes in neuromuscular disease -- Autoantibody testing in peripheral neuropathy -- Autoantibody testing in autoimmune neuromuscular junction, hyperexcitability, and muscle disorders -- Forearm exercise testing -- Clinical electromyography (neve conduction studies and needle electromyography) -- Single-fiber EMG -- Quantitative EMG analysis -- Testing of autonomic function -- Quantitative sensory testing -- Nerve and muscle biopsies -- Skin biopsy -- Molecular diagnosis and genetic testing -- Part III Approach to neuromuscular diseases: assessment and treatment of neurologica disorders -- Outcome measures and clinical assessment instruments in neuromuscular disease -- Physical management of patients with neuromuscular diseases -- Immunotherapy in the treatment of autoimmune neuromuscular diseases -- Critical and respiratory care in neuromuscular disorders -- Part IV Neuromuscular disorders: neuronopathies (motor neuron and dorsal root ganglion disorders) -- Poliomyelitis and post-poliomyelitis syndrome -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis -- Spinal muscular atrophies -- Atypical motor neuron disorders -- Dorsal root ganglion disorders -- Part V Neuromuscular disorders: Peripheral neuropatahies -- Approach to peripheral nerve disorders -- Approach to small fiber neuropathy -- Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseases -- Inherited metabolic neruopathies -- Guillain-Barre Syndrome and related disorders -- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy and related disorders -- Diabetic neuropathies -- Nutritional and alcoholic neuropathies -- Metabolic and endocrine neuropathies -- Environmental toxic neuropathies -- Drug-induced toxic neuropathies -- Vasculitic neuropathies and neuropathies of connective tissue disease -- Nonvasculitic ischemic neuropathies -- Infectious and granulomatous peripheral neuropathies -- Peripheral nerve injury -- Compressive and entrapment neuropathies of the upper extremity -- Compressive and entrapment neuropathies of the lower extremity -- Cranial nerve palsies -- Peripheral nerve tumors -- Cervical radiculopathy -- Lumbosacral and thoracic radiculopathies -- Brachial plexopathies -- Lumbosacral plexopathies -- Part VI Neuromuscular disorders: neuromuscular junction disorders -- Myasthenia Gravis -- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome -- Botulism -- Toxic neuromuscular transmission disorders -- Part VII Neuromuscular disorders: muscle ion channel disorders -- Disorders of skeletal muscle membrane excitability: myotonia congenita, paramyotonia congenita, periodic paralysis, and related syndromes -- Malignant hyperthermia -- Part VIII Neuromuscular disorders: myopathies -- Approach to myopathies -- Dystrophinopathies -- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophies -- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy -- The myotonic dystrophies -- Oculpharyngeal muscular dystrophy -- Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy -- Congenital myopathies -- Metabolic myopathies -- Mitochondrial myopathies -- Inflammatory myopathies -- Paraspinous myopathies: the dropped head and bent spine syndromes -- Endocrine myopathies -- Toxic myopathies -- Infectious and granulomatous myopathies -- Part IX Neuromuscular disorders: miscellaneous neuromuscular disorders and syndromes -- Myokymia and neuromyotonia -- Muscle cramps and fasciculations -- Stiff-man syndrome -- Tetanus -- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome -- Paraneoplastic neuromuscular disorders -- Acute neuromuscular weakness in the intensive care unit -- Floppy infant -- Rhabdomyolysis and myoglobinuria -- Eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome, eosinophilic fascitiitis, and related fasciitis disorders -- Neuropathis pain and other chronic musculoskeletal pain conditions.
- New high throughput technologies for DNA sequencing and genomics. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectOverview: developments in DNA sequencing / Keith R. Mitchelson ... [et al.] -- Chip capillary electrophoresis and total genetic analysis systems / Quiang Xiong and Jing Cheng -- Comparative sequence analysis by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry: utilizing the known to discover the new / Mathias Ehrich, Franz Hillenkamp, and Dirk van den Boom -- Advances in dye-nucleotide conjugate chemistry for DNA sequencing / Shiv Kumar and Carl W. Fuller -- The 454 life sciences picoliter sequencing system / Marcel Margulies ... [et al.] -- An integrated system for DNA sequencing by synthesis / John R. Edwards, Dae Hyun Kim, and Jingyue Ju -- Single-molecule fluorescence microscopy and its applications to single-molecule sequencing by cyclic synthesis / Benedict Hebert and Ido Braslavsky -- Rapid DNA sequencing by direct nanoscale reading of nucleotide bases on individual DNA chains / James Weifu Lee and Amit Meller -- A single molecule system for whole genome analysis / Shiguo Zhou, Jill Herschleb, and David C. Schwartz -- Sequencing aided by mutagenesis facilitates the de novo sequencing of megabase DNA fragments by short read lengths / Jonathan M. Keith ... [et al.] -- Genome sequencing and assembly / Annette McGrath -- Valid recovery of nucleic acid sequence information from high contamination risk samples: ancient DNA and environmental DNA / George A. Kowalchuk ... [et al.].
- Preface -- Next generation sequencing methodologies -- Emergence of next generation sequencing -- Assembly of sequencing data -- De novo assembly algorithms -- Index.
- Introduction: next generation sequencing technology and cancer research -- The majority of total nuclear-encoded non-ribosomal RNA in a human cell is dark matter unannotated RNA -- Total RNA-seq of breast cancer in hypoxia -- Altered antisense-to-sense transcript ratios in breast cancer -- Identification of piRNAs in Hela cells by massive parallel sequencing -- Discovery of new microRNAs by small RNAome deep sequencing in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Whole-Exome Sequencing Identifies FAM20A Mutations as a Cause of Amelogenesis Imperfecta and Gingival Hyperplasia Syndrome -- Whole-exome sequencing in CIC and IDH1/2 contributing to human oligodendroglioma -- Genetic and structural variation in the gastric cancer kinome revealed through targeted deep sequencing -- Tumour evolution inferred by single-cell sequencing -- Characterization of the single-cell transcriptional landscape by highly multiplex RNA-seq -- Tracing the derivation of embryonic stem cells from the inner cell mass by single-cell RNASeq analysis -- Whole genome DNA methylation analysis based on high throughput sequencing technology -- Comparative methylome analysis of benign and malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors -- High-resolution genome-wide mapping of HIF-binding sites by ChIP-seq -- MicroRNA transfection and AGO-bound CLIP-seq data sets reveal distinct determinants of miRNA action -- Genome-wide identification of polycomb-associated RNAs by RIP-seq -- Single-molecule sequencing: sequence methods to enable accurate quantisation -- Metabolic labeling of RNA uncovers principles of RNA production and degradation dynamics in mammalian cells -- Reprogramming transcription by distinct classes of enhancers functionally defined by eRNA -- The genome information process for cancer research: the challenge and perspective.
- Overview. History of DNA Sequencing Technologies / Lisa D. White -- Clinical Molecular Diagnostic Techniques: A Brief Review / Megan L. Landsverk, Lee-Jun C. Wong -- The Technologies and Bioinformatics. Methods of Gene Enrichment and Massively Parallel Sequencing Technologies / Hong Cui -- Sequence Alignment, Analysis, and Bioinformatic Pipelines / Fuli Yu, Cristian Coarfa -- Protein Structural Based Analysis for Interpretation of Missense Variants at the Genomics Era: Using MNGIE Disease as an Example / Victor Wei Zhang -- Algorithms and Guidelines for Interpretation of DNA Variants / Jing Wang, Megan Landsverk -- Application to Clinical Diagnosis. NGS-Based Clinical Diagnosis of Genetically Heterogeneous Disorders / C. A. Valencia, T. A. Sivakumaran, B. T. Tinkle -- Molecular Diagnosis of Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation (CDG) / Melanie Jones, Madhuri Hegde -- NGS Improves the Diagnosis of X-Linked Intellectual Disability (XLID) / Michael J. Friez, Monica J. Basehore -- NGS Analysis of Heterogeneous Retinitis Pigmentosa / Rui Chen, Feng Wang -- Next-Generation Sequencing Analyses of the Whole Mitochondrial Genome / Lee-Jun C. Wong -- Application of Next-Generation Sequencing of Nuclear Genes for Mitochondrial Disorders / Valeria Vasta, Si Houn Hahn -- Noninvasive Prenatal Diagnosis Using Next-Generation Sequencing / Nancy Bo Yin Tsui, Yuk Ming Dennis Lo -- Compliance with CAP/CLIA Regulations. Guidelines and Approaches to Compliance with Regulatory and Clinical Standards: Quality Control Procedures and Quality Assurance / Ira M. Lubin, Lisa Kalman, Amy S. Gargis -- Validation of NGS-Based DNA Testing and Implementation of Quality Control Procedures / Victor Wei Zhang, Lee-Jun C. Wong -- Frequently Asked Questions About the Clinical Utility of Next-Generation Sequencing in Molecular Diagnosis of Human Genetic Diseases / Ephrem L. H. Chin, Victor Wei Zhang, Jing Wang, Margherita Milone, Susan Pacheco.
- Nitric oxide, cell signaling, and gene expression 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Non-coding RNAs and cancer 2014, SpringerIntroduction / Muller Gabbri -- Biogenesis and physiology of microRNAs / Carlos A. Melo and Sonia A. Melo -- Detecting noncoding RNA expression : from arrays to next-generation sequencing / Catalina Perdomo, Joshua Campbell, and Frank Schembri -- MicroRNAs in solid tumors / Jin Wang and Subrata Sen -- MicroRNAs in hematologic malignancies / Johannes Bloehdorn ... [et al.] -- miRNAs as cancer biomarkers / Edward R. Sauter -- Unraveling the complex network of interactions between noncoding RNAs and epigenetics in cancer / Veronica Davalos and Manel Esteller -- MicroRNA SNPs in cancer / Yujing LI and Peng Jin -- Bioinformatics approaches to the study of MircoRNAs / Ravi Gupta and Ramana V. Davuluri -- Beyond miRNAs : role of other noncoding RNAs in cancer / Roxana S. Redis and George A. Calin -- Translational implication for noncoding RNA in cancer / Duaa Dakhallah, Melissa Piper, and S. Patrick Nana-Sinkam.
- Nonhuman DNA typing theory and casework applications 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to forensic science and DNA / Heather Miller Coyle -- Collection and preservation of biological evidence from the crime scene / Henry C. Lee -- Techniques of DNA fingerprinting / John Schienman -- Forensic canine STR analysis / Burkhard Berger, Cordula Eichmann, Walther Parson -- STR based forensic analysis of field samples from domestic and exotic cats / Marilyn A. Menotti-Raymond, Victor A. David, Stephen J. O'Brien -- Overview of insect evidence in forensic science / Heather Miller Coyle -- Use of forensic DNA typing in wildlife investigations / Richard M. Jobin -- DNA testing of animal evidence : case examples and method development / En-Uei Jiang, W. A. van Haeringen, L. H. P. van de Goor, Pero Dimsoski, Heather Miller Coyle -- Basics of forensic fungi /; Khudooma Said Al Na'imi -- Soil DNA typing in forensic science / Jonathan Hill, Linda Strausbaugh, Joerg Graf -- DNA profiling : the ability to predict an image from a DNA profile / Holly Long -- Appendix A: Brief history of forensic serology and DNA / Peter Bilous.
- Nuclear organization and function 2010, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressChromatin modifications and gene expressions -- Transcription and beyond -- DNA replication and genome integrity -- Reprogramming and differentiation -- Heterochromatin formation and gene silencing -- Nuclear bodies and RNA biology -- Chromosome structure and mitosis -- Chromatin structure and organization -- Nuclear periphery.
- Nuclear pre-mRNA processing in plants 2008, SpringerSpliceosomal proteins in plants / Y. Ru, B.B. Wang and V. Brendel -- Analysis of alternative splicing in plants with bioinformatics tools / B.J. Haas -- Splice site requirements and switches in plants / M.A. Schuler -- U12-dependent intron splicing in plants / C.G. Simpson and J.W. Brown -- Plant SR proteins and their functions / A. Barta, M. Kalyna and Z.J. Lorkovic -- Spatiotemporal organization of pre-mRNA splicing proteins in plants / G.S. Ali and A.S. Reddy -- Regulation of splicing by protein phosphorylation / R. Fluhr -- mRNA cap binding proteins: effects on abscisic acid signal transduction, mRNA processing, and microarray analyses / J.M. Kuhn, V. Hugouvieux and J.I. Schroeder -- Messenger RNA 3' end formation in plants / A.G. Hunt -- State of decay: an update on plant mRNA turnover / D.A. Belostotsky -- Regulation of flowering time by RNA processing / L.C. Terzi and G.G. Simpson -- Alternative splicing in plant defense / W. Gassmann -- Nuclear RNA export and its importance in abiotic stress responses of plants / V. Chinnusamy, Z. Gong and J.K. Zhu -- Regulation of alternative splicing of pre-mRNAs by stresses / G.S. Ali and A.S. Reddy -- Intron-mediated regulation of gene expression / A.B. Rose -- The role of the plant nucleolus in pre-mRNA processing / J.W. Brown and P.J. Shaw.
- Nuclear transfer protocols cell reprogramming and transgenesis 2006, Springer ProtocolsCloning of exotic/endangered species: (desert bighorn sheep) / James "Buck" Williams ... [et al.] -- Handmade somatic cell cloning in cattle / Gábor Vatja, Ian M. Lewis, and R. Tayfur Tecirlioglu -- Genetic modification of sheep by nuclear transfer with gene-targeted somatic cells / A. John Clark, Sarah Burl, and Chris Denning -- Transgenesis using nuclear transfer in goats / Anthoula Lazaris ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming : an overview / Takashi Tada -- Expression of imprinted genes in cloned mice / Takashi Kohda, Fumitoshi Ishino, and Atsuo Ogura -- Nuclear remodeling assay in xenopus egg extract / Koichi Gonda and Nobuaki Kikyo -- In vitro reprogramming of nuclei and cells / Anne-Mari Håkelien ... [et al.] -- Techniques for nuclear transfer to mouse embryonic stem cells / Danielè Pralong and Paul J. Verma -- Gene expression and methylation patterns in cloned embryos / Christine Wrenzycki ... [et al.] -- Are there any normal clones? / Ian Wilmut -- Future and applications of cloning / Alan O. Trounson. Origin and progress of nuclear transfer in nonmammalian animals / Marie A. Di Berardino -- In vitro maturation and embryo production in cattle / Marc-André Sirard and Karine Coenen -- Activation of oocytes after nuclear transfer / Zoltán Macháty -- Culture medium preferences of pre-implantation cloned mouse embryos / Björn Heindryckx, Josiane Van der Elst, and Marc Dhont -- Maintenance of pregnancy in pigs with limited viable embryos / Tim King and Paul A. De Sousa -- Health and neonatal care of bovine clones / Jacqui T. Forsyth and David N. Wells -- Optimization of procedures for cloning by somatic cell nuclear transfer in mice / Young Gie Chung, Shaorong Gao, and Keith E. Latham -- Production of cloned calves using roscovitine-treated adult somatic cells as donors / Kazuchika Miyoshi, Sezen Arat, and Steven L. Stice -- A double nuclear transfer technique for cloning pigs / Irina A. Polejaeva, Shawn Walker, and Keith Campbell -- Nuclear transfer in nonhuman primates / Shoukhrat M. Mitalipov and Don P. Wolf --
- Nucleic acid polymerases 2014, SpringerThis book provides a review of the multitude of nucleic acid polymerases, including DNA and RNA polymerases from Archea, Bacteria and Eukaryota, mitochondrial and viral polymerases, and other specialized polymerases such as telomerase, template-independent terminal nucleotidyl transferase and RNA self-replication ribozyme. Although many books cover several different types of polymerases, no book so far has attempted to catalog all nucleic acid polymerases. The goal of this book is to be the top reference work for postgraduate students, postdocs, and principle investigators who study polymerase.
- Nucleic acid testing for human disease 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nucleic acids hybridization modern applications 2007, Springer
- Nutrient-gene interactions in cancer 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrigenomics 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics : importance for functional foods and personalized nutrition / Lynnette R. Ferguson -- Variations in solute transporter genes affecting micronutrient solute transport and human health / Peter Eck -- Genetic variants in the omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acid metabolic pathways : their role in the determination of nutritional requirements and chronic disease risk / Artemis P. Simopoulos -- Nutrigenomic approaches to unravelling the physiological effects of complex foods / Peter J. Gillies and John P. Vanden Heuvel -- Modulating the risk of cardiovascular disease through nutrigenetics / Antonio Garcia-Rios ... [et al.] -- Modulating the risk of obesity and diabetes through nutrigenetics / Helen M. Roche and Catherine Phillips -- Nutrigenetics and Crohn's disease -- / Lynnette R. Ferguson -- Microbiome and host interactions in inflammatory bowel diseases : relevance for personalized nutrition / Wayne Young, Bianca Knoch, and Nicole C. Roy -- The importance of cell-specific gene expression patterns for understanding nutrient and gene interactions in inflammatory bowel diseases / Anna Russ ... [et al.] -- Data mining and network analysis : potential importance in nutrigenomics research / Varma Vijayalakshmi and Jim Kaput -- Metabolomics : an important tool for assessing state of health and risk of disease in nutrigenomics research / Hui Ming Lin and Daryl Rowan -- Epigenetics : what role could this play in functional foods and personalised nutrition? / Matthew P.G. Barnett, Shalom A. Bassett, and Emma Bermingham -- Foodomics to study efficacy of human dietary interventions : proof of principle study / Stephanie Ellett ... [et al.] -- Considerations in estimating genotype in nutrigenetic studies / Angharad R. Morgan -- Bringing nutrigenomics to the food industry : industry-academia partnerships as an important challenge / Ralf C. Schlothauer and Joerg Kistler -- Commercialisation of nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics / Virginia Parslow and Lynnette R. Ferguson -- Bringing nutrigenomics to the public : Is direct-to-consumer testing the future of nutritional genomics? / David Castle -- Nutritional genomics in practice : interaction with health professionals in bringing nutritional genomics to the public / Colleen Fogarty Draper -- Harvesting normative potential for nutrigenomic research / Bart Penders and Michiel Korthals -- Public health context for nutrigenomics and personalized nutrition / Elizabeth H. Marchlewicz, Karen E. Peterson, and Filbert S. Omenn -- Nutrigenomics and public health / Maria Agelli and John Milner.
- Nutrition, epigenetic mechanisms, and human disease 2011, CRCnetBASE"Extensive research on nutrigenomics has unveiled numerous epigenetic mechanisms that are influenced by our dietary signature. This book illustrates how nutrition can influence epigenetic inheritance and the mechanisms that underlie modification of the metabolic imprint of an individual. The text discusses the basics of nutrigenomics and epigenetic regulation, types of nutrition influencing genetic imprinting, and the role of nutrition in modulating an individual's predisposition to disease. It also covers epigenetic variation, genomic imprinting, maternal nutrition, neonatal nutrition, as well as epigenetics and nutrition relating to cancer, heart disease, and obesity"--Provided by publisher.
- Omics for personalized medicine 2013, SpringerOmics for Personalized Medicine will give to its prospective readers the insight of both the current developments and the future potential of personalized medicine. The book brings into light how the pharmacogenomics and omics technologies are bringing a revolution in transforming the medicine and the health care sector for the better. Students of biomedical research and medicine along with medical professionals will benefit tremendously from the book by gaining from the diverse fields of knowledge of new age personalized medicine presented in the highly detailed chapters of the book. The book chapters are divided into two sections for convenient reading with the first section covering the general aspects of pharmaocogenomic technology that includes latest research and development in omics technologies. The first section also highlights the role of omics in modern clinical trials and even discusses the ethical consideration in pharmocogenomics. The second section is focusing on the development of personalized medicine in several areas of human health. The topics covered range from metabolic and neurological disorders to non-communicable as well as infectious diseases, and even explores the role of pharmacogenomics in cell therapy and transplantation technology. Thirty-four chapters of the book cover several aspects of pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine and have taken into consideration the varied interest of the readers from different fields of biomedical research and medicine. Advent of pharmacogenomics is the future of modern medicine, which has resulted from culmination of decades of research and now is showing the way forward. The book is an honest endeavour of researchers from all over the world to disseminate the latest knowledge and knowhow in personalized medicine to the community health researchers in particular and the educated public in general.
- Omics perspective on cancer research 2010, Springer
- Oncogenomics handbook 2005, Springer
- pt. 1. Origins of organelle genomes -- pt. 2. Organelle genome evolution -- pt. 3. Mechanisms of organelle gene loss -- pt. 4. Origins of organelle proteomes -- pt. 5. Evolution of organelle transcription -- pt. 6. Evolution of organelle RNA processing -- pt. 7. Evolution of organelle translation, tRNAs and the genetic code.
- Origin of group identity viruses, addiction, and cooperation 2009, SpringerAn overview : identity from bacteria to belief -- The prokaryotes : viruses, hyperparasites and the origin of group identity -- Sensory systems (light, odor, pheromones) in communities of oceanic microbes -- Subjugation of the individual : prokaryotic group living : blooms, slime and mats -- Animal group identity : from slime to worms, emergence of the brain -- Group identity in aquatic animals : learning to belong -- Development of tetrapod group identity, the smell of self -- Origin of primate group identity : vision and the great ERV invasion -- Human group identity : language and a social mind.
- Our genes, our choices how genotype and gene interactions affect behavior. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeurogenetic origins of behavior -- Jinn in the genome -- 2B or not 2B? -- Stephen Mobley and his X-chromosome -- Dial multifactorial for murder : the intersection of genes and culture -- Distorted capacity I : the measure of the impaired will -- Distorted capacity II: neuropsychiatric diseases and the impaired will -- Inheritance of behavior and genes for behavior : gene wars -- Scientific and historic bases of genethics: who watches the geneticists and by what principles? -- World is double helical -- DNA, RNA, and proteins in a few easy pieces -- Stochastic brain : from DNA blueprint to behavior -- Reintroducing genes and behavior -- Warriors and worriers -- How many genes does it take to make a behavior? -- Genesis and genetics of sexual behavior -- Gene by environment interaction -- Epigenetic revolution : finding the imprint of the environment on the genome -- DNA on trial -- Parents and children : neurogenetic determinism and neurogenetic individuality -- Summing up genetic predictors of behavior.
- A brief overview of molecular genetics -- An overview of information theory -- More on molecular genetics -- More on information theory -- An outline of error-correcting codes -- DNA is an ephemeral memory -- A toy living world -- Subsidiary hypothesis, nested system -- Soft codes -- Biological reality conforms to the hypotheses -- Identification of genomic codes.
- p53 2011, SpringerTP53 mutations in human cancers : selection versus mutagenesis / Magali Olivier, Audrey Petitjean, Claude Caron de Fromentel, and Pierre Hainaut -- Lessons on p53 from mouse models / Dadi Jiang and Laura D. Attardi -- TP63, TP73 : the guardian's elder brothers / Stephanie Courtois, Pierre Hainaut and Claude Caron de Fromentel -- The regulation of p53 protein function by phosphorylation / Nicola J. Maclaine and Theodore Hupp -- The p53-Mdm2 loop : a critical juncture of stress response / Yaara Levav-Cohen, Zehavit Goldberg, Osnat Alsheich Bartok, Valentina Zuckerman, Sue Haupt and Ygal Haupt -- Cooperation between MDM2 and MDMX in the regulation of p53 / Jeremy Blaydes -- Regulation and function of the original p53-inducible p21 gene / Jennifer A. Fraser -- p53 localization / Carl G. Maki -- Modes of p53 interactions with DNA in the chromatin context / Vladana Vukojevic, Tatiana Yakovleva, and Georgy Bakalkin -- p53's dilemma in transcription : analysis by microarrays / Karuppiah Kannan, Gideon Rechavi and David Givol -- Tumor viruses and p53 / Nobuo Horikoshi -- p53 and immunity / Vikram Narayan, Sarah E. Meek and Kathryn L. Ball.
- Paramecium genetics and epigenetics 2008, CRCnetBASEMating types in paramecium -- General description of the protista and of paramecium -- Methods of studying genetic processes in organisms of the paramecium Aurelia species group -- The determination of mating types in paramecium -- Symbionts and mitochondria of paramecium -- Determination of i-antigens -- Micronuclei and macronuclei -- Ribosomal RNA and DNA -- Cortical morphogenesis -- Behavior -- Epigenetics.
- Pasteurella multocida: Diseases and Pathogenesis / I. W. Wilkie, M. Harper, J. D. Boyce and B. Adler -- Pathogenomics of Pasteurella multocida / J. D. Boyce, T. Seemann, B. Adler and M. Harper -- The Key Surface Components of Pasteurella multocida: Capsule and Lipopolysaccharide / Marina Harper, John D. Boyce and Ben Adler -- Pasteurella multocida and Immune Cells / Katharina F. Kubatzky -- Molecular Biology of Pasteurella multocida Toxin / Joachim H. C. Orth and Klaus Aktories -- Pasteurella multocida Toxin Interaction with Host Cells: Entry and Cellular Effects / Brenda A. Wilson and Mengfei Ho -- Swine Atrophic Rhinitis Caused by Pasteurella multocida Toxin and Bordetella Dermonecrotic Toxin / Yasuhiko Horiguchi -- The Pasteurella multocida Toxin: A New Paradigm for the Link Between Bacterial Infection and Cancer / Alistair Lax.
- Patho-epigenetics of disease 2012, SpringerThe Impact of Foreign DNA Integration on Tumor Biology and Evolution via Epigenetic Alterations / Walter Doerfler -- The Role of DNMT3B Mutations in the Pathogenesis of ICF Syndrome / Sole Gatto, Maurizio D'Esposito and Maria R. Matarazzo -- Dysfunction of the Methyl-CpG-Binding Protein MeCP2 in Rett Syndrome / Gaston Calfa, Alan K. Percy and Lucas Pozzo-Miller -- Epigenetic Alterations in Glioblastoma Multiforme / John K. Wiencke -- Aberrant Epigenetic Regulation in Breast Cancer / Amanda Ewart Toland -- The Impact of Epigenetic Alterations on Diagnosis, Prediction, and Therapy of Prostate Cancer / Christian Arsov, Wolfgang Goering and Wolfgang A. Schulz -- Epigenetic Reprogramming in Lung Carcinomas / András Kádár and Tibor A. Rauch -- Epigenetic Changes in Virus-Associated Neoplasms / Hans Helmut Niller, Ferenc Banati, Eva Ay and Janos Minarovits -- Genetic and Epigenetic Determinants of Aggression / Barbara Klausz, József Haller, Áron Tulogdi and Dóra Zelena -- Co-Regulation and Epigenetic Dysregulation in Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder / Dóra Zelena -- Disruption of Epigenetic Mechanisms in Autoimmune Syndromes / Lorenzo de la Rica and Esteban Ballestar -- Imprinting Disorders / Thomas Eggermann -- Epigenetics and Atherosclerosis / Einari Aavik, Mikko P. Turunen and Seppo Ylä-Herttuala -- Microbe-Induced Epigenetic Alterations / Hans Helmut Niller, Ferenc Banati, Eva Ay and Janos Minarovits.
- PCR mutation detection protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- PCR mutation detection protocols. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer ProtocolsConformation-Sensitive Capillary Electrophoresis / Emma Jane Ashton -- Conformation Sensitive Gel Electrophoresis / Marian Hill -- Denaturing HPLC for Mutation Screening / Mike Mitchell, Jacqueline Cutler -- In Situ Detection of Human Papillomavirus DNA After PCR-Amplification / Gerard J. Nuovo -- LATE-PCR and Allied Technologies: Real-Time Detection Strategies for Rapid, Reliable Diagnosis from Single Cells / Kenneth E. Pierce, Lawrence J. Wangh -- Long-PCR Amplification of Human Genomic DNA / Stephen Keeney -- Human Papilloma Virus Strain Detection Utilising Custom-Designed Oligonucleotide Microarrays / Duncan Ayers, Mark Platt, Farzad Javad, Philip J. Day -- Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA®) for the Detection of Copy Number Variation in Genomic Sequences / Petra G. Os, Jan P. Schouten -- Screening for Genomic Rearrangements by Multiplex PCR/Liquid Chromatography / Claude Houdayer, Catherine Dehainault, Marion Gauthier-Villars, Dominique Stoppa-Lyonnet -- Mutation Surveyor: Software for DNA Sequence Analysis / Jayne A. Minton, Sarah E. Flanagan, Sian Ellard -- Non-invasive Prenatal Diagnosis / Cathy Meaney, Gail Norbury -- Automated DNA Sequencing / Yvonne Wallis, Natalie Morrell -- Phylogenetic Microarrays for Cultivation-Independent Identification and Metabolic Characterization of Microorganisms in Complex Samples / Alexander Loy, Michael Pester, Doris Steger -- Prenatal Detection of Chromosome Aneuploidy by Quantitative-Fluorescence PCR / Kathy Mann, Erwin Petek, Barbara Pertl -- Use of Robotics in High-Throughput DNA Sequencing / Stephen Keeney -- Detection of Factor V Leiden and Prothrombin c.20210G>A Allele by Roche Diagnostics LightCycler® / Peter C. Cooper -- RT-PCR for the Detection of Translocations in Bone and Soft Tissue Tumours in Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues / Ann Williams, D. Chas Mangham -- Detection of Minimal Residual Disease in Leukaemia by RT-PCR / Joanne Mason, Mike Griffiths -- Mutation Detection by Southern Blotting / Gillian Mellars, Keith Gomez.
- PCR protocols. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer ProtocolsSetup of a PCR Laboratory / Zaheer Khan -- Long-Range PCR with a DNA Polymerase Fusion / Holly H. Hogrefe, Michael C. Borns -- Isolation of Genomic Insertion Sites of Proviruses Using Splinkerette-PCR-Based Procedures / Bin Yin -- Lariat-Dependent Nested PCR for Flanking Sequence Determination / Daniel J. Park -- CODEHOP PCR and CODEHOP PCR Primer Design / Jeannette P. Staheli, Richard Boyce, Dina Kovarik, Timothy M. Rose -- Sequencing of Difficult DNA Regions by SAM Sequencing / Keith R. Mitchelson -- A Global Single-Cell cDNA Amplification Method for Quantitative Microarray Analysis / Kazuki Kurimoto, Mitinori Saitou -- Quantitation of MicroRNAs by Real-Time RT-qPCR / Caifu Chen, Ruoying Tan, Linda Wong, Richard Fekete, Jason Halsey -- High-Throughput SuperSAGE / Hideo Matsumura, Kentaro Yoshida, Shujun Luo, Detlev H. Krüger, Günter Kahl, Gary P. Schroth, Ryohei Terauchi -- Deep Cap Analysis of Gene Expression / Junpei Kurosawa, Hiromi Nishiyori, Yoshihide Hayashizaki -- Linking Emulsion PCR Haplotype Analysis / James G. Wetmur, Jia Chen -- PAP-LMPCR: An Improved, Sequence-Selective Method for the In Vivo Analysis of Transcription Factor Occupancy and Chromatin Fine Structure / Richard Ingram, Arthur Riggs, Constanze Bonifer -- The Many Faces of MLPA / Thomas Ohnesorg, Erin Turbitt, Stefan J. White -- Assessing Gene-Specific Methylation Using HRM-Based Analysis / Ee Ming Wong, Alexander Dobrovic -- Alu PCR / Maurizio Cardelli -- Asynchronous PCR / Caifu Chen, David Ruff, Jason Halsey -- Novel Applications of PCR Through the Use of DNA Substrates / Stuart M. Wilson -- Enhanced Solid Phase PCR for Increased Loading of Amplicon onto Solid Support / Daniel J. Park -- Application of Blocking Oligonucleotides to Improve Signal-to-Noise Ratio in a PCR / Hege Vestheim, Bruce E. Deagle, Simon N. Jarman -- Asymmetric Overlap Extension PCR Method for Site-Directed Mutagenesis / Yue-Hua Xiao, Yan Pei -- Ribosome Display: A Technology for Selecting and Evolving Proteins from Large Libraries / Birgit Dreier, Andreas Plückthun -- GLOBE: Analysis of DNA-Protein Interaction Analysis / Takaaki Kojima, Hideo Nakano -- PCR DNA-Array Profiling of DNA-Binding Transcription Factor Activities in Adult Mouse Tissues / Yimin Sun, Jing Cheng, Keith R. Mitchelson -- Nucleotide Exchange and Excision Technology DNA Shuffling and Directed Evolution / Janina Speck, Sabine C. Stebel, Katja M. Arndt, Kristian M. Müller.
- Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine 2008, Springer ProtocolsChallenges, opportunities, and evolving landscapes in pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine : an industry perspective / Nadine Cohen and Theresa Frangiosa -- Implementation of pharmacogenomic sample collection in clinical trials / Deborah Sokol Ricci and Monique Franc -- Pharmacogenomics : the regulatory environment and labeling implications / Myong-Jin Kim ... [et al.] -- Applications of pharmacogenomics in drug discovery / Duncan McHale -- Applications of pharmacogenomics in clinical trials / Monique Franc -- Pharmacogenomics applications in drug metabolism : from genotyping to drug label-challenges? / Ann K. Daly -- The genetics of adverse drug reactions : promises and problems / Martin Armstrong -- Strategies and resources for marker selection and genotyping in genetic association studies / Nicole Soranzo, Dong-Jing Fu, and Qingqin S. Li -- Study design and statistical issues in pharmacogenetics research : from candidate genes to genome-wide screens / Nicholas J. Schork, Nathalie Malo, and Eric J. Topol -- Holy SNP, Batman! / Reyna Favis -- Predictive biomarker classifiers in the design of pivotal clinical trials / Richard Simon -- Translation of biomarkers into clinical utility / William L. Trepicchio and George Mulligan -- Pharmacogenomic study feasibility assessment and pharmaceutical business decision-making / Monique Franc and Theresa Frangiosa -- Co-development of drugs and pharmacogenomics-based diagnostics in oncology / Jeffrey S. Ross -- Pharmacogenomics applications in epilepsy / Chantal Depondt -- Pharmacogenomics in Alzheimer's disease / Ramón Cacabelos -- Pharmacogenomics applications in psychiatric disorders / Todd Lencz and Anil K. Malhotra -- Pharmacogenomics in HIV disease / Amalio Telenti -- Pharmacogenomics and cardiovascular drugs / Gérard Siest ... [et al.] -- Pharmacogenomic applications in children / Susan F.A. Grant and Hakon Hakonarson -- Pharmacogenomics of rare and monogenic disorders / Paul D. Maher.
- Pharmacogenomics in drug discovery and development 2008, Springer Protocols
- Pharmacogenomics methods and protocols 2005, Springer Protocols
- Phospho-proteomics methods and protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsA high-resolution two dimensional gel- and pro-Q DPS-based proteomics workflow for phosphoprotein identification and quantitative profiling / Ganesh K. Agrawal and Jay J. Thelen -- Differential phosphoprotein labelling (DIPPL) using ³²P and ³³P / Aviva M. Tolkovsky and Andreas Wyttenbach -- Identification of oxidative stress-induced tyrosine phosphorylated proteins by immunoprecipitation and mass spectrometry / Ma Carmen Duran, Hong-Lin Chan, and John F. Timms -- Enrichment and characterization of phosphopeptides by immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) and mass spectrometry / Tine E. Thingholm and Ole N. Jensen -- The use of titanium dioxide micro-columns to selectively isolate phosphopeptides from proteolytic digests / Tine E. Thingholm and Martin R. Larsen -- Enrichment and separation of mono- and multiply phosphorylated peptides using sequential elution from IMAC prior to mass spectrometric analysis / Tine E. Thingholm , Ole N. Jensen, and Martin R. Larsen -- Use of stable isotope labeling by amino acids in cell culture (SILAC) for phophotyrosine protein identification and quantitation / Guoan Zhang and Thomas A. Neubert -- Hydrophilic interaction chromatography for fractionation and enrichment of the phosphoproteome / Dean E. McNulty and Roland S. Annan -- SILAC for global phosphoproteomic analysis / Genaro Pimienta, Raghothama Chaerkady, and Akhilesh Pandey -- Quantitative phospho-proteomics based on soluble nanopolymers / Anton Iliuk and W. Andy Tao -- Profiling the tyrosine phosphorylation state using SH2 domains / Kevin Dierck ... [et al.] -- An overview of the qualitative analysis of phosphoproteins by mass spectrometry / Philip R. Gafken -- The analysis of phosphoproteomes by selective labelling and advanced mass spectrometric techniques / Angela Amoresano ... [et al.] -- On-line liquid chromatography electron capture dissociation for the characterization of phosphorylation sites in proteins / Steve M.M. Sweet and Helen J. Cooper -- Quantification of protein phosphorylation by [mu]LC-ICP-MS / Ralf Krüger, Nico Zinn, and Wolf D. Lehmann -- Reverse-phase diagonal chromatography for phosphoproteome research / Kris Gevaert and Joël Vandekerckhove -- Chemical tagging strategies for mass spectrometry-based phospho-proteomics / Alexander Leitner and Wolfgang Lindner -- Antibody array platform to monitor protein tyrosine phosphorylation in mammalian cells / Alicia S. Chung and Y. Eugene Chin -- Protein tyrosine kinase characterization based on fully automated synthesis of (phospho)peptide arrays in microplates / W. Carl Saxinger -- Kinome profiling using peptide arrays in eukaryotic cells / Kaushal Parikh, Maikel P. Peppelenbosch, and Tita Ritsema -- ProMoST : a tool for calculating the pI and molecular mass of phosphorylated and modified proteins on two-dimensional gels / Brian D. Halligan -- Kinase-specific preiction of protein phosphorylation sites / Martin L. Miller and Nikolaj Blom -- Reconstructing regulatory kinase pathways from phosphopeptide data : a bioinformatics approach / Lawrence G. Puente, Robin E.C. Lee, and Lynn A. Megeney.
- Phylogenomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsFrom gene-scale to genome-scale phylogenetics : the data flood in, but the challenges remain / Antonis Rokas and Stylianos Chatzimanolis -- Phylogenomic analysis of chromosome sorting and painting / Roscoe Stanyon and Gary Stone -- FISH for mapping single copy genes / Terje Raudsepp and Bhanu P. Chowdhary -- Construction of radiation hybrid panels / John E. Page and William J. Murphy -- Survey sequencing and radiation hybrid mapping to construct comparative maps / Christophe Hitte ... [et al.] -- Construction of high-resolution comparative maps in mammals using BAC-end sequences / Denis M. Larkin and Harris A. Lewin -- Amniote phylogenomics : testing evolutionary hypotheses with BAC library scanning and targeted clone analysis of large-scale sequences from reptiles / Andrew M. Shedlock, Daniel E. Janes, and Scott V. Edwards -- Comparative physical mapping : universal overgo hybridization probe design and BAC library hybridization / James W. Thomas -- Phylogenomic resources at the UCSC Genome Browser / Kate Rosenbloom ... [et al.] -- Computational tools for the analysis of rearrangements in mammalian genomes / Glenn Tesler and Guillaume Bourque -- Computational reconstruction of ancestral DNA sequences / Mathieu Blanchette ... [et al.] -- Sequencing and phylogenomic analysis of whole mitochondrial genomes of animals / Rafael Zardoya and Mónica Suárez -- Retroposons : genetic footrpints on the evolutionary paths of life / Hidenori Nishihara and Norihiro Okada -- LINE-1 elements : analysis by FISH and nucleotide sequences / Paul D. Waters ... [et al.] -- Identification of cryptic sex chromosomes and isolation of X- and Y-borne genes / Paul D. Waters ... [et al.]
- Physician's guide to the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of inherited metabolic diseases 2014, SpringerIntroductory Chapters -- Amino acids -- Organic acids -- Vitamins and neurotransmitter -- Energy metabolism -- Organelles -- Selected disorder -- Biochemical phenotypes of questionable clinical significance -- Profiles.
- Phytochemicals nutrient-gene interactions 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Phytochemistry in the genomics and post-genomics eras. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Pichia protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction : distinction between Pichia pastoris and other expression systems / James M. Cregg -- Vectors and strains for expression / Joan Lin-Cereghino and Geoff P. Lin-Cereghino -- DNA-mediated transformation / James M. Cregg -- Rational design and optimization of fed-batch and continuous fermentation / Wenhui Zhag, Mehmet Inan, and Michael M. Meagher -- Saturation of the secretory pathway by overexpression of a hookworm (Necator americanus) protein (Na-ASP1) / Mehmet Inan ... [et al.] -- Purification of the N- and C-terminal subdomains of recombinant heavy chain fragment C of botulinum neurotoxin serotype C / Jicai Huang ... [et al.] -- Rapid screening of chromatography resins for the purification of proteins / Sandra E. Ríos, Erin M. Giaccone, and Tillman U. Gerngross -- Characterization of O-linked saccharides on glycoproteins / Roger K. Bretthauer -- Modification of the N-glycosylation pathway to produce homogeneous human-like glycans using glycoswitch plasmids / Wouter Vervecken ... [et al.] -- N-linked glycan characterization of heterologous proteins / Huijan Li ... [et al.] -- Heavy labeling of recombinant proteins / Eric Rodriguez -- Selenomethionine labeling of recombinant proteins / Anna M. Larsson and T. Alwyn Jones -- Selective isotopic labeling of recombinant proteins using amino acid auxotroph strains / James W. Whittaker -- Classical genetics / Ilya Tolstorukov and James M. Cregg -- Identification of pexophagy genes by restriction enzyme-mediated integration / Laura A. Schroder, Benjamin S. Glick, and William A. Dunn, Jr. -- Characterization of protein-protein interactions : application to the understanding of peroxisome biogenesis / Sebastien Leon ... [et al.] -- Localization of proteins and organelles using fluorescence microscopy / Jean-Claude Farre ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence microscopy and thin-section electron microscopy / Benjamin S. Glick.
View by page
- (Opinionated) guide to microarray data analysis — Epigenetics in biology and medicine (101)
- Epigenetics of aging — In vitro mutagenesis protocols. 3rd ed. (101)
- In vitro transcription and translation protocols. 2nd ed. — Pichia protocols. 2nd ed. (101)
- Plant chromosome engineering — Zebrafish : genetics, genomics and informatics. 3rd ed. (98)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.