Books by Subject
- (Opinionated) guide to microarray dat...
- — Ethical challenges in genomics resear...
- Eukaryotic transcription factors. 4th...
- — Mammalian and avian transgenesis - ne...
- Mammalian artificial chromosomes .......
- — Regulatory genome ......................
- Regulatory RNAs ........................
- — Zebrafish. Genetics, genomics, and in...
- Mammalian artificial chromosomes 2003, Springer Protocols
- Medical biomethods handbook 2005, SpringerFulltext Springer ProtocolsBasic techniques in molecular biology / Ralph Rapley -- Probe design, production, and applications / Marilena Aquino de Muro -- Restriction enzymes: tools in clinical research / Gareth J.S. Jenkins -- Southern blotting as a diagnostic method / Bronwen Harvey and Pirkko Soundy -- Western blotting as a diagnostic method / Pirkko Soundy and Bronwen Harvey -- Principles and medical applications of the polymerase chain reaction / Bimal D. M. Theophilus -- Single strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis / Igor Vorechovsky -- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) / Jeroen H. Roelfsema and Dorien J.M. Peters -- Quantitative analysis of DNA sequences by PCR and solid phase sequencing / Anu Suomalainen and Ann-Christine Syvänen -- Introduction to capillary electrophoresis of DNA: biomedical applications / Beatriz Sanchez-Vega -- Mapping techniques / Simon G. Gregory --Dideoxyfingerprinting for mutation detection / Ioannis Bossis, Antonios Voutetakis, and Constantine A. Stratakis -- Conformation sensitive gel electrophoresis / Marian Hill -- Amplification refractory mutation system and molecular diagnostics / Richard Kitching and Arun Seth -- Ligase chain reaction / Carla Osiowy -- Chemical cleavage of mismatch: theory and clinical applications / Neil V. Whittock and Louise Izatt -- The protein truncation test / Johan T. den Dunnen -- Linkage, allele sharing, and association / Mara Giordano -- Single nucleotide polymorphisms: technology and applications / Cyril Mamotte, Frank Christiansen, and Lyle J. Palmer -- cDNA microarrays / Philip G. Febbo -- Nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Katherine Loens, D. Ursi, H. Goosens, and M. Ieven -- The oligonucleotide ligation assay / Faye A. Eggerding --Quantitative taqman real-time PCR: diagnostic and scientific applications / Jörg Dötsch, Ellen Schoof, and Wolfgang Rascher -- Use of denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography in molecular medicine / Elizabeth L. Rugg and Gareth J. Magee -- Quantitative PCR / David Sugden -- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of nucleic acids / Herbert Oberacher and Walther Parson -- Comparative genomic hybridization in clinical and medical research / Peng-Hui Wang, Yann-Jang Chen, and Chi-Hung Lin -- Bioinformatics tools for gene and protein sequence analysis / Bernd H.A. Rehm and Frank Reinecke -- In situ hybridization / Amanda D. Watters -- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay / William J. Jordan -- Protein therapeutics: mouse, humanized, and human antibodies / Benny K.C. Lo -- Karyotyping / Avery A. Sandberg, John F. Stone, and Zhong Chen --Microsatellite analysis / Rachel E. Ibbotson and Anton E. Parker -- Analysis of chromosomal translocations / Andreas Hochhaus -- Differential display: theory and applications / Irina Gromova, Pavel Gromov, and Julio E. Celis -- Techniques for gene expression profiling / Mark P. Richards -- Capillary electrophoresis in clinical analysis / Margaret A. Jenkins and Sujiva Ratnaike -- Flow cytometry in the biomedical arena / James L. Weaver and Maryalice Stetler-Stevenson -- Immunocytochemistry / Patricia A. Fetsch -- Ribotyping in clinical microbiology / Patricia Severino and Sylvain Brisse -- Diagnostic applications of protein microarrays / Samir Hanash -- The human genome project / Rahul Chodhari and Eddie Chung -- Prenatal diagnosis of inborn errors of metabolism / Guy T.N. Besley -- Gene therapy: methods and application / Stella B. Somiari.
- Meiosis 2009., KargerThe meiotic recombination hotspots of Schizosaccharomyces pombe / Pryce, D.W.; McFarlane, R.J. -- Meiotic recombination and crossovers in plants / De Muyt, A. ... [et al.] -- Meiosis in cereal crops : the grasses are back / Martinez-Perez, E. -- Homologue pairing, recombination and segregation in Caenorhabditis elegans / Zetka, M. -- Homolog pairing and segregation in Drosophila meiosis / McKee, B.D. -- The mammalian synaptonemal complex : a scaffold and beyond / Yang, F.; Wang, P.J. --The dance floor of meiosis : evolutionary conservation of nuclear envelope attachment and dynamics of meiotic telomeres / Alsheimer, M. -- Cohesin complexes and sister chromatid cohesion in mammalian meiosis / Suja, J.A.; Barbero, J.L. -- Variation in patterns of human meiotic recombination / Khil, P.P.; Camerini-Otero, R.D. -- Maternal origin of the human aneuploidies are homolog synapsis and recombination to blame? Notes (learned) from the underbelly / Garcia-Cruz, R.; Roig, I.; Garcia Caldés, M. -- Inverted meiosis : the true bugs as a model to study / Viera, A.; Page, J.; Rufas, J.S.The meiotic recombination hotspots of Schizosaccharomyces pombe / D.W. Pryce, R.J. McFarlane -- Meiotic recombination and crossovers in plants / A. De Muyt ... [et al.] -- Meiosis in cereal crops : the grasses are back / E. Martinez-Perez -- Homologue pairing, recombination, and segregation in Caenorhabditis elegans / M. Zetka -- Homolog pairing and segregation in Drosophila meiosis / B.D. McKee -- The mammalian synaptonemal complex : a scaffold and beyond / F. Yang, P.J. Wang --The dance floor of meiosis : evolutionary conservation of nuclear envelope attachment and dynamics of meiotic telomeres / M. Alsheimer -- Cohesin complexes and sister chromatid cohesion in mammalian meiosis / J.A. Suja, J.L. Barbero -- Variation in patterns of human meiotic recombination / P.P. Khil, R.D. Camerini-Otero -- Maternal origin of the human aneuploidies are homolog : synapsis and recombination to blame? notes (learned) from the underbelly / R. Garcia-Cruz, I. Roig, M. Garcia Caldes -- Inverted meiosis : the true bugs as a model to study / A. Viera, J. Page, J.S. Rufas.
- Membrane proteomics 2009, Springer ProtocolsOnline tools for predicting integral membrane proteins / H. Bigelow and B. Rost -- In silico identification of novel G protein coupled receptors / M.N. Davies and D.R. Flower -- Transcriptome-based identification of candidate membrane proteins / E.J. Evans ... [et al.] -- Separation of thylakoid membrane proteins by sucrose gradient ultracentrifugation or blue native-SDS-PAGE two-dimensional electrophoresis / G.M. D'Amici, C.G. Huber and L. Zolla -- Extraction of yeast mitochondrial membrane proteins by solubilization and detergent/polymer aqueous two-phase partitioning / H. Everberg, N. Gustavsson and F. Tjerneld -- 16-BAC/SDS-PAGE analysis of membrane proteins of yeast mitochondria purified by free flow electrophoresis / R.J. Braun ... [et al.] -- Sequential detergent extraction prior to mass spectrometry analysis / F.M. McCarthy, A.M. Cooksey and S.C. Burgess -- Enrichment of brain plasma membranes by affinity two-phase partitioning / J. Schindler and H.G. Nothwang -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins / R.J. Wisniewski -- Proteomic analysis of the lymphocyte plasma membrane using cell surface biotinylation and solution-phase isoelectric focusing / M.J. Peirce, A.P. Cope and R. Wait -- Identification of target membrane proteins as detected by phage antibodies / C.A. Geuijen, A.Q. Bakker and J. de Kruif -- Membrane protease degradomics: proteomic identification and quantification of cell surface protease substrates / G.S. Butler ... [et al.] -- Purification of basolateral integral membrane proteins by cationic colloidal silica-based apical membrane subtraction / R.J. Goode and R.J. Simpson -- Moving closer to the lipid raft proteome using quantitative proteomics / L.J. Foster -- Use of sequential chemical extractions to purify nuclear membrane proteins for proteomics identification / N. Korfali ... [et al.] -- Isolation of extracellular membranous vesicles for proteomic analysis / R.A. Mathias ... [et al.] -- Enrichment of human platelet membranes for proteomic analysis / D.W. Greening ... [et al.] -- Detergents and chaotropes for protein solubilization before two-dimensional electrophoresis / T. Rabilloud -- Two-dimensional separation of membrane proteins by 16-BAC-SDS-PAGE / H.G. Nothwang and J. Schindler -- MudPIT analysis: application to human heart tissue / K.G. Kline and C.C. Wu -- Liquid chromatography MALDI MS/MS for membrane proteome analysis / N. Wang, J.B. Young and L. Li -- Cysteinyl-tagging of integral membrane proteins for proteomic analysis using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / S.K. Mitra and M.B. Goshe -- Quantitative proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membrane proteins / X. Chen and P.C. Andrews.
- Meta-analysis and combining information in genetics and genomics 2010, CRCnetBASEPt. 0. Introductory Material -- 1. brief introduction to meta-analysis, genetics, and genomics / Darlene R. Goldstein and Rudy Guerra -- Pt I. Similar Data Types I: Genotype Data -- 2. Combining information across genome-wide linkage scans / Carol J. Etzel and Tracy J. Costello -- 3. Genome search meta-analysis (GSMA): a nonparametric method for meta-analysis of genome-wide linkage studies / Cathryn M. Lewis -- 4. Heterogeneity in meta-analysis of quantitative trait linkage studies / Hans C. van Houwelingen and Jeremie J. P. Lebrec -- 5. empirical Bayesian framework for QTL genome-wide scans / Kui Zhang ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. Similar Data Types II: Gene Expression Data -- 6. Composite hypothesis testing: an approach built on intersection-union tests and Bayesian posterior probabilities / Stephen Erickson, Kyoungmi Kim and David B. Allison -- 7. Frequentist and Bayesian error pooling methods for enhancing statistical power in small sample microarray data analysis / Jae K. Lee, Hyung Jun Cho and Michael O'Connell -- 8. Significance testing for small microarray experiments / Charles Kooperberg ... [et al.] -- 9. Comparison of meta-analysis to combined analysis of a replicated microarray study / Darlene R. Goldstein ... [et al.] -- 10. Alternative probe set definitions for combining microarray data across studies using different versions of Affymetrix oligonucleotide arrays / Jeffrey S. Morris ... [et al.] -- 11. Gene ontology-based meta-analysis of genome-scale experiments / Chad A. Shaw -- Pt. III. Combining Different Data Types -- 12. Combining genomic data in human studies / Debashis Ghosh, Daniel Rhodes and Arul Chinnaiyan -- 13. overview of statistical approaches for expression trait loci mapping / Christina Kendziorski and Meng Chen -- 14. Incorporating GO annotation information in expression trait loci mapping / J. Blair Christian and Rudy Guerra -- 15. misclassification model for inferring transcriptional regulatory networks / Ning Sun and Hongyu Zhao -- 16. Data integration for the study of protein interactions / Fengzhu Sun ... [et al.] -- 17. Gene trees, species trees, and species networks / Luay Nakhleh, Derek Ruths and Hideki Innan.
- Metagenomics 2010, Springer ProtocolsMolecular Methods to Study Complex Microbial Communities / José M. Vieites, María-Eugenia Guazzaroni, Ana Beloqui, Peter N. Golyshin, and Manuel Ferrer -- Construction of Small-Insert and Large-Insert Metagenomic Libraries / Carola Simon and Rolf Daniel -- Construction and Screening of Marine Metagenomic Libraries / Nancy Weiland, Carolin Löscher, Rebekka Metzger, and Ruth Schmitz -- Metagenomic Analysis of Isotopically Enriched DNA / Yin Chen, Josh D. Neufeld, Marc G. Dumont, Michael W. Friedrich, and J. Colin Murrell -- Wide Host-Range Cloning for Functional Metagenomics / Margaret Wexler and Andrew W.B. Johnston -- Cloning and Expression Vectors for a Gram-Positive Host, Streptomyces lividans / Kristof Vrancken, Lieve Van Mellaert, and Jozef Anné -- Heterologous Gene Expression in the Hyperthermophilic Archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus / Angel Angelov and Wolfgang Liebl -- Novel Tools for the Functional Expression of Metagenomic DNA / Sonja Christina Troeschel, Thomas Drepper, Christian Leggewie, Wolfgang R. Streit, and Karl-Erich Jaeger -- Screening of Functional Promoter from Metagenomic DNA for Practical Use in Expression Systems / So-Youn Park and Geun-Joong Kim -- Substrate-Induced Gene Expression Screening: A Method for High-Throughput Screening of Metagenome Libraries / Taku Uchiyama and Kentaro Miyazaki -- Screens for Active and Stereoselective Hydrolytic Enzymes / Dominique Böttcher, Marlen Schmidt, and Uwe T. Bornscheuer.Screening for Cellulase-Encoding Clones in Metagenomic Libraries / Nele Ilmberger and Wolfgang R. Streit -- Screening Metagenomic Libraries for Laccase Activities / Manuel Ferrer, Ana Beloqui, and Peter N. Golyshin -- Screening for N-AHSL-Based-Signaling Interfering Enzymes / Phil M. Oger and Stéphane Uroz -- Identification of Molecular Markers to Follow Up the Bioremediation of Sites Contaminated with Chlorinated Compounds / Massimo Marzorati, Annalisa Balloi, Francesca De Ferra, and Daniele Daffonchio -- Methods for the Isolation of Genes Encoding Novel PHB Cycle Enzymes from Complex Microbial Communities / Ricardo F. Nordeste, Maria A. Trainer, and Trevor C. Charles -- Metagenomic Approaches to Identify and Isolate Bioactive Natural Products from Microbiota of Marine Sponges / Cristian Gurgui and Jörn Piel -- Screening for Novel Antibiotic Resistance Genes / Mindy G. Brown, Elizabeth H. Mitchell, and David L. Balkwill -- Novel Metal Resistance Genes from Microorganisms: A Functional Metagenomic Approach / José E. González-Pastor and Salvador Mirete -- Retrieval of Full-Length Functional Genes Using Subtractive Hybridization Magnetic Bead Capture / Tracy Meiring, Inonge Mulako, Marla I. Tuffin, Quinton Meyer, and Donald A. Cowan -- Detection and Isolation of Selected Genes of Interest from Metagenomic Libraries by a DNA Microarray Approach / Gopal P. Pathak and Wolfgang Gärtner -- Application of DNA Microarray for Screening Metagenome Library Clones / Soo-Je Park, Jong-Chan Chae, and Sung-Keun Rhee -- MetaGenomeThreader: A Software Tool for Predicting Genes in DNA-Sequences of Metagenome Projects / David J. Schmitz-Hübsch and Stefan Kurtz.
- Metagenomics of the human body 2011, Springer
- Metagenomics-- sequences from the environment 2006, NCBI BookshelfAcid mine drainage biofilm -- Waseca County farm soil -- Whale fall community -- Methane-oxidizing archaea -- Human fecal virus -- Sargasso Sea marine microbial metagenome -- Human distal gut microbiome -- Enhanced biological phosphorus removal (EBPR) sludge community -- Mouse gut microbiota metagenome.
- Methods in microarray normalization / 2008, CRCnetBASEA comprehensive analysis of the effect of microarray data preprocessing methods on differentially expressed transcript selection -- Differentiation detection in microarray normalization -- Preprocessing and normalization for Affymetrix GeneChip expression microarrays -- Spatial detrending and normalization methods for two-channel DNA and protein microarray data -- A survey of cDNA microarray normalization and a comparison by k-NN classification -- Technical variation in modeling the joint expression of several genes -- Biological interpretation for microarray normalization selection -- Methodology of functional analysis for omics data normalization -- Exon array analysis for the detection of alternative splicing -- Normalization of array CGH data -- SNP array-based analysis for the detection of chromosomal aberrations and copy number variations.
- Microarray analysis of the physical genome 2009, SpringerDNA microarray technology. Introduction / J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization on BAC arrays / B.P. Coe ... [et al.] -- Comparative genomic hybridization on spotted oligonucleotide microarrays / Y.H. Kim and J.R. Pollack -- Comparative genomic hybridization by representational oligonucleotide microarray analysis / R. Lucito and J. Byrnes -- Application of oligonucleotides arrays for coincident comparative genomic hybridization, ploidy status and loss of heterozygosity studies in human cancers / J.K. Cowell and K.C. Lo -- Molecular inversion probe assay for allelic quantitation / H. Ji and K. Welch -- A whole-genome amplification protocol for a wide variety of DNAs, including those from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue / P.L. Paris -- Algorithms for calling gains and losses in array CGH data / P. Wang -- Methylation analysis by microarray / D.E. Deatherage ... [et al.] -- Methylation analysis by DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) / E.A. Vucic ... [et al.] -- Combining chromatin immunoprecipitation and oligonucleotide tiling arrays (ChIP-Chip) for functional genomic studies / J. Eeckhoute, M. Lupien and M. Brown -- ChIP-Chip: algorithms for calling binding sites / X.S. Liu and C.A. Meyer -- Mapping regulatory elements by DNaseI hypersensitivity chip (DNase-Chip) / Y. Shibata and G.E. Crawford -- Microarray analysis of DNA replication timing / N. Karnani, C.M. Taylor and A. Dutta -- Integration of diverse microarray data types / K. Salari and J.R. Pollack.
- Microarray data analysis 2007, Springer Protocols
- Microarray image analysis 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Microarray technology and cancer gene profiling 2006, SpringerManufacturing of microarrays -- Technological platforms for microarray gene expression profiling -- Principles of gene microarray data analysis -- Gaining weights ... and feeling good about it! -- Complementary techniques -- Microarrays for cancer diagnosis and classification -- Gene profiling for the prediction of tumor response to treatment: the case of immunotherapy -- Identification of molecular determinants of tumor sensitivity and resistance to anticancer drugs -- SNP and mutation analysis -- Cancer development and progression -- Gene expression profiling in malignant lymphomas -- Tumor immunology.
- Microarrays for an integrative genomics 2003, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet availableA systematic introduction to the use of DNA microarrays as an investigative tool.
- Microarrays. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2007., Springer Protocolsv.2, 2009 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Synthesis methods -- v. 2. Applications and data analysis.
- Microbial gene essentiality 2008, Springer ProtocolsOverview of whole-genome essentiality analysis / Karen Joy Shaw -- Pt. I. Experimental protocols. IA. Populational genome-wide essentiality screens. Transposon-based strategies for the identification of essential bacterial genes / William S. Reznikoff and Kelly M. Winterberg -- Identification and analysis of essential genes in Haemophilus influenzae / Sandy M.S. Wong and Brian J. Akerley -- Transposon site hybridization in Mycobacterium tuberculosis / Jeffrey P. Murry ... [et al.] -- Essential genes in the infection model of Pseudomonas aeruginosa PCR-based signature-tagged mutagenesis / François Sanschagrin, Irena Kukavica-Ibrulj, and Roger C. Levesque -- Whole-genome detection of conditionally essential and dispensable genes in Escherichia coli via genetic footprinting / Michael D. Scholle and Svetlana Y. Gerdes -- Generating a collection of insertion mutations in the Staphylococcus aureus genome using bursa aurealis / Taeok Bae ... [et al.] -- Multipurpose transposon insertion libraries for large-scale analysis of gene function in yeast / Anuj Kumar --IB. Systematic collections of knockout mutants. How to make a defined near-saturation mutant library. Case 1: Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 / Michael A. Jacobs -- Comparing insertion libraries in two Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains to assess gene essentiality / Nicole T. Liberati ... [et al.] -- The construction of systematic in-frame, single-gene knockout mutant collection in Escherichia coli K-12 / Tomoya Baba and Hirotada Mori -- The applications of systematic in-frame, single-gene knockout mutant collection of Escherichia coli K-12 / Tomoya Baba ... [et al.] -- A novel, simple, high-throughput method for isolation of genome-wide transposon insertion mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 / Takeyoshi Miki, Yoshihiro Yamamoto, and Hideo Matsuda -- High-throughput creation of a whole-genome collection of yeast knockout strains / Angela M. Chu and Ronald W. Davis -- Analysis of genetic interactions on a genome-wide scale in budding yeast: diploid-based synthetic lethality analysis by microarray / Pamela B. Meluh ... [et al.] --IC. Genome minimization. Scarless engineering of the Escherichia coli genome / Tamás Fehér ... [et al.] -- Minimization of the Escherichia coli genome using the Tn5-targeted Cre/loxP excision system / Byung Jo Yu and Sun Chang Kim -- Construction of long chromosomal deletion mutants of Escherichia coli and minimization of the genome / Jun-ichi Kato and Masayuki Hashimoto -- ID. Conditional knockouts. Identification of essential genes in Staphylococcus aureus by construction and screening of conditional mutant library / Dezhong Yin and Yinduo Ji -- Techniques for the isolation and use of conditionally expressed antisense RNA to achieve essential gene knockdowns in Staphylococcus aureus / Allyn Forsyth and Liangsu Wang -- Introduction of conditional lethal amber mutations in Escherichia coli / Christopher D. Herring -- Pt. II. Bioinformatics. IIA. Statistics. Statistical methods for building random transposon mutagenesis libraries / Oliver Will -- Statistical evaluation of genetic footprinting data / Gábor Balázsi -- Modeling competitive outgrowth of mutant populations : why do essentiality screens yield divergent results? / Alexander I. Grenov and Svetlana Y. Gerdes --Statistical analysis of fitness data determined by TAG hybridization on microarrays / Brian D. Peyser, Rafael Irizarry, and Forrest A. Spencer -- IIB. Data integration and modeling. Profiling of Escherichia coli chromosome database / Yukiko Yamazaki, Hironori Niki, and Jun-ichi Kato -- Gene essentiality analysis based on DEG, a database of essential genes / Chun-Ting Zhang and Ren Zhang -- Detection of essential genes in Streptococcus pneumoniae using bioinformatics and allelic replacement mutagenesis / Jae-Hoon Song and Kwan Soo Ko -- Design and application of genome-scale reconstructed metabolic models / Isabel Rocha, Jochen Förster, and Jens Nielsen -- Predicting gene essentiality using genome-scale in silico models / Andrew R. Joyce and Bernhard Ø. Palsson -- Comparative approach to analysis of gene essentiality / Andrei L. Osterman and Svetlana Y. Gerdes.
- Microbial genomics and drug discovery 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Microbial pathogenomics 2009., KargerGenome comparison of bacterial pathogens / Wassenaar, T.M. ... [et al.] -- In silico reconstruction of the metabolic and pathogenic potential of bacterial genomes using subsystems / McNeil, L.K., Aziz, R.K. -- The bacterial pan-genome and reverse vaccinology / Tettelin, H. -- 'Guilty by association' : protein-protein interactions (PPIS) in bacterial pathogens / Schauer, K., Stingl, K -- Helicobacter pylori sequences reflect past human migrations / Moodley, Y., Linz, B. -- Helicobacter pylori genome plasticity / Baltrus, D.A., Blaser, M.A., Guillemin, K. -- Genomics of Thermophilic campylobacter species / Gaskin, D.J.H. ... [et al.] -- Adaptation of pathogenic E. coli to various niches : genome flexibility is the key / Brzuszkiewicz, E. ... [et al.] -- Role of horizontal gene transfer in the evolution of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence / Qiu, X., Kulasekara, B.R., Lory, S. -- The genus Burkholderia : analysis of 56 genomic sequences / Ussery, D.W. ... [et al.] -- Genomics of host-restricted pathogens of the genus Bartonella / Engel, P., Dehio, C. -- Legionella pneumophila - host interactions : insights gained from comparative genomics and cell biology / Lomma, M. ... [et al.] -- A proteomics view of virulence factors of Staphylococcus aureus / Engelmann, S., Hecker, M. -- Pathogenomics of mycobacteria / Gutierrez, M.C., Supply, P., Brosch, R.
- MicroRNA and Cancer 2011, Springer ProtocolsMicroRNA Biogenesis and Cancer / Julia Winter, Sven Diederichs -- Computational Identification of miRNAs Involved in Cancer / Anastasis Oulas, Nestoras Karathanasis, Panayiota Poirazi -- The Principles of MiRNA-Masking Antisense Oligonucleotides Technology / Zhiguo Wang -- The Concept of Multiple-Target Anti-miRNA Antisense Oligonucleotide Technology / Zhiguo Wang -- Modulation of MicroRNAs for Potential Cancer Therapeutics / Wei Wu -- Detection of MicroRNAs in Cultured Cells and Paraffin-Embedded Tissue Specimens by In Situ Hybridization / Ashim Gupta, Yin-Yuan Mo -- MicroRNA Northern Blotting, Precursor Cloning, and Ago2-Improved RNA Interference / Julia Winter, Sven Diederichs -- miRNA Profiling on High-Throughput OpenArray System / Elena V. Grigorenko, Elen Ortenberg, James Hurley, Andrew Bond, Kevin Munnelly -- Silicon Nanowire Biosensor for Ultrasensitive and Label-Free Direct Detection of miRNAs / Guo-Jun Zhang -- High-Throughput and Reliable Protocols for Animal MicroRNA Library Cloning / Caide Xiao -- MicroRNA Regulation of Growth Factor Receptor Signaling in Human Cancer Cells / Keith M. Giles, Andrew Barker, Priscilla M. Zhang, Michael R. Epis, Peter J. Leedman -- Epigenetic Regulation of MicroRNA Expression in Cancer / Hani Choudhry, James W. Catto -- In Vitro Functional Study of miR-126 in Leukemia / Zejuan Li, Jianjun Chen -- Prediction of the Biological Effect of Polymorphisms Within MicroRNA Binding Sites / Debora Landi, Roberto Barale, Federica Gemignani, Stefano Landi -- The Guideline of the Design and Validation of MiRNA Mimics / Zhiguo Wang -- Analysis of Targets and Functions Coregulated by MicroRNAs / Shu-Jen Chen, Hua-Chien Chen -- Utilization of SSCprofiler to Predict a New miRNA Gene / Anastasis Oulas, Panayiota Poirazi -- MicroRNA Profiling Using Fluorescence-Labeled Beads: Data Acquisition and Processing / Thomas Streichert, Benjamin Otto, Ulrich Lehmann.
- MicroRNA methods 2007, ScienceDirect
- MicroRNA protocols 2006, Springer Protocols
- MicroRNAs and the immune system 2010, Springer ProtocolsA rapid, quantitative assay for direct detection of microRNAs and other small RNAs using splinted ligation -- Normalization of microRNA quantitative RT-PCR data in reduced scale experimental designs -- MicroRNA detection in bone marrow cells by LNA-FISH -- Measuring microRNA expression in size-limited facs-sorted and microdissected samples -- MicroRNA cloning from cells of the immune system -- High-throughput profiling in the hematopoietic system -- Construction of small RNA cDNA libraries for deep sequencing -- MicroRNA-profiling in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded specimens -- Expression of miRNAs in lymphocytes : A review -- Mouse models for miRNA expression: The ROSA26 locus -- Regulation of monocytopoiesis by microRNAs -- MicroRNA activity in B lymphocytes -- Isolation and characterization of microRNAs of human mature erythrocytes -- Stable overexpression of miRNAs in bone marrow-derived murine mast cells using lentiviral expression vectors -- Monitoring microRNA activity and validating microRNA targets by reporter-based approaches -- Lentivirus-mediated antagomir expression -- Solution structure of miRNA:mRNA complex -- MiRNA editing -- Computational prediction of microRNA targets -- Large-scale integration of microRNA and gene expression data for identification of enriched microRNA-mRNA associations in biological systems -- Identification and validation of the cellular targets of virus-encoded microRNAs.
- Mitochondrial DNA 2002, Springer Protocols
- Mobile genetic elements 2004, Springer Protocols
- Modern genome annotation 2008, Springer
- Molecular cytogenetics 2002, Springer Protocols
- Molecular diagnostic PCR handbook 2005, Springer
- Molecular genetics of mammalian cells 1987, ScienceDirect
- Molecular genetics of recombination 2007, Springer
- Molecular mechanisms of Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome 2005, SpringerIdentification of the gene involved in 4q25-linked Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome, PITX2 / Elena V. Semina -- Winged helix/forkhead transcription factors and Rieger syndrome / Darryl Y. Nishimura and Ruth E. Swiderski -- Rieger syndrome and PAX6 deletion / Ruth Riise -- The molecular and biochemical basis of Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome / Brad A. Amendt -- Role of PITX2 in the pituitary gland / Hoonkyo Suh ... [et al.] -- Expression and function of PITX2 in chick heart looping / Xueyan Yu, Shusheng Wang, and YiPing Chen -- The multiple roles of PITX2 in heart development / James F. Martin -- The role of PITX2 in tooth development / Brad A. Amendt -- PITX genes and ocular development / Elena V. Semina -- An overview of Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome and the anterior segment developmental disorders / Brad A. Amendt.
- Molecular toxicology protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of K-RAS and P53 mutations in sputum samples / Weimin Gao and Phouthone Keohavong -- Allele-specific competitive blocker-PCR detection of rare base substitution / Barbara L. Parsons, Page B. McKinzie, and Robert H. Heflich -- Gel-based nonradioactive single-strand conformational polymorphism and mutation detection: limitations and solutions / Vibhuti Gupta ... [et al.] -- Detection and characterization of oncogene mutations in preneoplastic and early neoplastic lesions / Toshinari Minamoto -- Detection of DNA double-strand breaks and chromosome translocations using ligation-mediated PCR and inverse PCR / Michael J. Villalobos, Christopher J. Betti, and Andrew T.M. Vaughan -- Microsatellite instability: an indirect assay to detect defects in the cellular mismatch repair machinery / Anjana Saha, Narendra K. Bairwa, and Ramesh Bamezai -- Unscheduled DNA synthesis: a functional assay for global genomic nucleotide excision repair / Crystal M. Kelly and Jean J. Latimer -- Analysis of DNA repair using transfection-based host cell reactivation / Jennifer M. Johnson and Jean J. Latimer -- An immunoassay for measuring repair of ultraviolet photoproducts / Shirley McCready -- Analysis of DNA double-strand break repair by nonhomologous end joining in cell-free extracts from mammalian cells / Petra Pfeiffer ... [et al.] --The comet-FISH technique: a tool for detection of specific DNA damage and repair / Alexander Rapp, Michael Hausmann, and Karl Otto Greulich -- DNA double-strand break damage and repair assessed by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis / Nina Joshi and Stephen G. Grant -- Analysis of in vivo mutation in the Hprt and Tk genes of mouse lymphocytes / Vasily N. Dobrovolsky, Joseph G. Shaddock, and Robert H. Heflich -- Quantifying in vivo somatic mutations using transgenic mouse model systems / Roy R. Swiger -- Methods for detecting somatic mutations in vitro: the human T-cell cloning assay selecting for HPRT mutants / Sai-Mei Hou -- Molecular analysis of mutations in the human HPRT gene / Phouthone Keohavong, Liqiang Xi, and Stephen G. Grant -- Simultaneous quantification of t(14;18) and HPRT exon 2/3 deletions in human lymphocytes / James C. Fuscoe -- The GPA in vivo somatic mutation assay / Stephen G. Grant -- Flow cytometric measurement of mutant T cells with altered expression of TCR: detecting somatic mutations in humans and mice / Seishi Kyoizumi, Yoichiro Kusunoki, and Tomonori Hayashi -- Mutation screening of the TP53 gene by temporal temperature gradient gel electrophoresis / Therese Sørlie ... [et al.] --³²P-postlabeling analysis of DNA adducts / David H. Phillips, Alan Hewer, and Volker M. Arlt -- Modification of the ³²P-postlabeling method to detect a single adduct as a single spot / Masako Ochiai, Takashi Sugimura, and Minako Nagao -- DNA isolation and sample preparation for quantification of adduct levels by accelerator mass spectrometry / Karen H. Dingley ... [et al.] -- Fluoroimaging-based immunoassay of DNA photoproducts in ultraviolet-B-irradiated tadpoles / Iovanna Pandelova, Stephen R. Hewitt, and John B. Hays -- Analysis of DNA strand cleavage at abasic sites / Walter A. Deutsch and Vijay Hegde -- Premature chromosome condensation in human resting peripheral blood lymphocytes for chromosome aberration analysis using specific whole-chromosome DNA hybridization probes / Pataje G.S. Prasanna and William F. Blakely -- Mutagen-induced chromatid breakage as a marker of cancer risk / Xifeng Wu, Yun-Ling Zheng, and T.C. Hsu -- Flow cytometric analysis of micronuclei in erythrocytes / Jan Grawé -- The comet assay: a sensitive genotoxicity test for the detection of DNA damage / Günter Speit and Andreas Hartmann -- Computerized image analysis software for the comet assay / R.C. Chaubey --Measuring recombination proficiency in mouse embryonic stem cells / Andrew J. Pierce and Maria Jasin -- Strategies for measurement of biotransformation enzyme gene expression / Marjorie Romkes and Shama C. Buch -- Genotyping technologies: application to biotransformation enzyme genetic polymorphism screening / Marjorie Romkes and Shama C. Buch -- TaqMan® fluorogenic detection system to analyze gene transcription in autopsy material / Kaori Shintani-Ishida, Bao-Li Zhu, and Hitoshi Maeda -- Development of quantitative reverse transcriptase PCR assays for measuring gene expression / Tony E. Godfrey and Lori A. Kelly -- Quantification of selective phosphatidylserine oxidation during apoptosis / James P. Fabisiak ... [et al.] -- Quantitative method of measuring of phosphatidylserine externalization during apoptosis using electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy and annexin-conjugated iron / James P. Fabisiak, Grigory G. Borisenko, and Valerian E. Kagan -- Detection of programmed cell death in cells exposed to genotoxic agents using a caspase activation assay / Michael E. Gehring and Patrick P. Koty.
- From destiny to freedom? : on human nature and liberal eugenics in the age of genetic manipulation /Michela Betta --Diagnostic knowledge in the genetic economy and commerce /Michela Betta --Body talk : genetic screening as a device of crime regulation /Richard Hil, Richard Hindmarsh --Genetic testing and human genetic databases /Astrid H. Gesche --Theimperative of the "new genetics" : challenges for ethics, law, and social policy /David Weisbrot --Insurance and genetics : regulating a private market in the public interest /David Weisbrot, Brian Opeskin --Thesocial imperative for community genetic screening : an Australian perspective /MaryAnne Aitken, Sylvia Metcalfe --Genetically transformed healthcare : healthy children and parents /Enzo A. Palombo, Mrinal Bhave --TheAustralian law reform inquiry into genetic commission testing - a worker's perspective /Susan Pennicuik --Genetic information and the Australian labour movement /Suzanne Jamieson --Protecting the vulnerable : genetic testing and screening for parentage, immigration, and aboriginality /Astrid H. Gesche --Essentially whose? : genetic testing and the ownership of genetic information /Lyn Turney --Self-knowledge and self-care in the age of genetic manipulation /Michela Betta.
- Morphogenesis and pathogenicity in fungi 2012, Springer
- Morphology, shape and phylogeny 2002, CRCnetBASE
- mRNA processing and metabolism 2004, Springer ProtocolsGene expression analysis of messenger RNP complexes / Luiz O.F. Penalva, Scott A. Tenenbaum, and Jack D. Keene -- Using the lambdaN peptide to tether proteins to RNAs / Julie Baron-Benhamou ... [et al.] -- An efficient system for cap- and poly(A)-dependent translation in vitro / Yuri V. Svitkin and Nahum Sonenberg -- A poly(A) tail-responsive in vitro system for cap- or IRES-driven translation from HeLa cells / Christian Thoma, Antje Ostareck-Lederer and Matthias W. Hentze -- Assessing messenger RNA decapping in cellular extracts / Naomi Bergman ... [et al.] -- Analysis of RNA exonucleolytic activities in cellular extracts / Devi Mukherjee ... [et al.] -- Application of ligation-mediated reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction to the identification of in vivo endonuclease-generated messenger RNA decay intermediates / Mark N. Hanson and Daniel R. Schoenberg -- Biochemical dissection of RNA silencing in plants / Guiliang Tang and Phillip D. Zamore -- RNA interference of mRNA processing factors in drosophila S2 cells / Alicia M. Celotto and Brenton R. Graveley -- RNA interference by short hairpin RNAs expressed in vertebrate cells / Gregory J. Hannon and Douglas S. Conklin.Using chromatin immunoprecipitation to map cotranscriptional mRNA processing in saccharomyces cerevisiae / Michael-Christopher Keogh and Stephen Buratowski -- Identifying phosphoCTD-associating proteins / Hemali P. Phatnani and Arno L. Greenleaf -- Imaging alternative splicing in living cells / Eric J. Wagner ... [et al.] -- Tobramycin affinity tag purification of spliceosomes / Klaus Hartmuth, Hans-Peter Vornlocher and Reinhard Lührmann -- Using single-strand conformational polymorphism gel electrophoresis to analyze mutually exclusive alternative splicing / Alicia M. Celotto and Brenton R. Graveley -- Methods for the analysis of adenosine-to-inosine editing in RNA / Zuo Zhang and Gordon G. Carmichael -- Assaying nuclear messenger RNA export in human cells / Bryan R. Cullen -- RNA unwinding assay for DExD/H-Box RNA helicases / Stephanie S. Tseng-Rogenski and Tien-Hsien Chang -- Approaches for monitoring nuclear translation / Francisco J. Iborra, Dean A. Jackson, and Peter R. Cook -- Immunopurification and analysis of protein and RNA components of mRNP in mammalian cells / Fabrice Lejeune and Lynne E. Maquat --
- Multigenic and induced systemic resistance in plants 2006, Springer
- Multiple testing procedures with applications to genomics 2008, Springer
- Myc/Max/Mad transcription factor network 2006, Springer
- Neurobehavioral genetics. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. A History of Behavior Genetics / Stephen C. Maxson -- Chapter 2. Developmental Neurobehavioral Genetics: Development as Explanation / Gilbert Gottlieb -- Chapter 3. Some Basics, Mendelian Traits, Polygenic Traits, Complex Traits / Byron C. Jones -- Chapter 4. An Introduction to Quantitative Genetics / Wim E. Crusio -- Chapter 5. From QTL Detection to Gene Identification / Marie-Pierre Moisan -- Chapter 6. Gene Expression / Richard A. Radcliffe -- Chapter 7. Bioinformatics of Behavior / Elissa J. Chesler -- Chapter 8. Congenic and Consomic Strains / Lorraine Flaherty and Valerie Bolivar -- Chapter 9. Animal Resources in Behavioral Neurogenetics / Jean-Michel Lassalle -- Chapter 10. Sample Size Requirements for Experiments on Laboratory Animals / Douglas Wahlsten -- Chapter 11. The Role of Association Studies in Psychiatric Disorders / Nicolas Ramoz and Philip Gorwood -- Chapter 12. Family and Twin Methods / Keith E. Whitfield and Tracy L. Nelson -- Chapter 13. Gene-Environment Interactions / Byron C. Jones and Leslie C. Jones -- Chapter 14. And Now it Starts to Get Interesting: Gene-Gene Interactions / Yamima Osher -- Chapter 15. Schizophrenia: Study of a Genetically Complex Phenotype / Michael F. Pogue-Geile and Irving I. Gottesman -- Chapter 16. Genetics of Major Affective Disorders / Wade Berrettini -- Chapter 17. Pedigree Analyses and the Study of Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) Personality and Subjective Well-Being / Alexander Weiss and James E. King -- Chapter 18. The Elusive World of Personality Genes: Cherchez le Phenotype / Richard P. Ebstein, Rachel Bachner-Melman, Jonathan Benjamin, and Robert H. Belmaker -- Chapter 19. Aggression: Concepts and Methods Relevant to Genetic Analyses in Mice and Humans / Stephen C. Maxson and Andrew Canastar -- Chapter 20. Genetic Analysis of Emotional Behaviors Using Animal Models / André Ramos and Pierre Mormède -- Chapter 21. Genetic Analysis of Food Search Behavior in the Fruit Fly (Drosophila melanogaster) / Amsale T. Belay and Marla B. Sokolowski -- Chapter 22. Genetic and Molecular Analyses of Drosophila
- Neurogenetics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- New high throughput technologies for DNA sequencing and genomics. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectOverview: developments in DNA sequencing / Keith R. Mitchelson ... [et al.] -- Chip capillary electrophoresis and total genetic analysis systems / Quiang Xiong and Jing Cheng -- Comparative sequence analysis by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry: utilizing the known to discover the new / Mathias Ehrich, Franz Hillenkamp, and Dirk van den Boom -- Advances in dye-nucleotide conjugate chemistry for DNA sequencing / Shiv Kumar and Carl W. Fuller -- The 454 life sciences picoliter sequencing system / Marcel Margulies ... [et al.] -- An integrated system for DNA sequencing by synthesis / John R. Edwards, Dae Hyun Kim, and Jingyue Ju -- Single-molecule fluorescence microscopy and its applications to single-molecule sequencing by cyclic synthesis / Benedict Hebert and Ido Braslavsky -- Rapid DNA sequencing by direct nanoscale reading of nucleotide bases on individual DNA chains / James Weifu Lee and Amit Meller -- A single molecule system for whole genome analysis / Shiguo Zhou, Jill Herschleb, and David C. Schwartz -- Sequencing aided by mutagenesis facilitates the de novo sequencing of megabase DNA fragments by short read lengths / Jonathan M. Keith ... [et al.] -- Genome sequencing and assembly / Annette McGrath -- Valid recovery of nucleic acid sequence information from high contamination risk samples: ancient DNA and environmental DNA / George A. Kowalchuk ... [et al.].
- Nitric oxide, cell signaling, and gene expression 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nonhuman DNA typing 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to forensic science and DNA / Heather Miller Coyle -- Collection and preservation of biological evidence from the crime scene / Henry C. Lee -- Techniques of DNA fingerprinting / John Schienman -- Forensic canine STR analysis / Burkhard Berger, Cordula Eichmann, Walther Parson -- STR based forensic analysis of field samples from domestic and exotic cats / Marilyn A. Menotti-Raymond, Victor A. David, Stephen J. O'Brien -- Overview of insect evidence in forensic science / Heather Miller Coyle -- Use of forensic DNA typing in wildlife investigations / Richard M. Jobin -- DNA testing of animal evidence : case examples and method development / En-Uei Jiang, W. A. van Haeringen, L. H. P. van de Goor, Pero Dimsoski, Heather Miller Coyle -- Basics of forensic fungi /; Khudooma Said Al Na'imi -- Soil DNA typing in forensic science / Jonathan Hill, Linda Strausbaugh, Joerg Graf -- DNA profiling : the ability to predict an image from a DNA profile / Holly Long -- Appendix A: Brief history of forensic serology and DNA / Peter Bilous.
- Nonlinear physics of DNA. 2nd, rev. ed. 2004, Wileych. 1. DNA Structure, p. 1-17 -- ch. 2. DNA Dynamics, p. 19-39 -- ch. 3. DNA Function, p. 41-48 -- ch. 4. Linear Theory of DNA, p. 49-79 -- ch. 5. Nonlinear Theory of DNA: Ideal Dynamical Models, p. 81-114 -- ch. 6. Nonlinear Theory of DNA: Non-Ideal Models, p. 115-132 -- ch. 7. Nonlinear Theory of DNA: Statistics of Nonlinear Excitations, p. 133-150 -- ch. 8. Experimental Tests of DNA Nonlinearity, p. 151-158 -- ch. 9. Nonlinearity and Function, p. 159-167.
- Nuclear organization and function 2010, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressChromatin modifications and gene expressions -- Transcription and beyond -- DNA replication and genome integrity -- Reprogramming and differentiation -- Heterochromatin formation and gene silencing -- Nuclear bodies and RNA biology -- Chromosome structure and mitosis -- Chromatin structure and organization -- Nuclear periphery.
- Nuclear pre-mRNA processing in plants 2008, Springer
- Nuclear transfer protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsCloning of exotic/endangered species: (desert bighorn sheep) / James "Buck" Williams ... [et al.] -- Handmade somatic cell cloning in cattle / Gábor Vatja, Ian M. Lewis, and R. Tayfur Tecirlioglu -- Genetic modification of sheep by nuclear transfer with gene-targeted somatic cells / A. John Clark, Sarah Burl, and Chris Denning -- Transgenesis using nuclear transfer in goats / Anthoula Lazaris ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming : an overview / Takashi Tada -- Expression of imprinted genes in cloned mice / Takashi Kohda, Fumitoshi Ishino, and Atsuo Ogura -- Nuclear remodeling assay in xenopus egg extract / Koichi Gonda and Nobuaki Kikyo -- In vitro reprogramming of nuclei and cells / Anne-Mari Håkelien ... [et al.] -- Techniques for nuclear transfer to mouse embryonic stem cells / Danielè Pralong and Paul J. Verma -- Gene expression and methylation patterns in cloned embryos / Christine Wrenzycki ... [et al.] -- Are there any normal clones? / Ian Wilmut -- Future and applications of cloning / Alan O. Trounson.Origin and progress of nuclear transfer in nonmammalian animals / Marie A. Di Berardino -- In vitro maturation and embryo production in cattle / Marc-André Sirard and Karine Coenen -- Activation of oocytes after nuclear transfer / Zoltán Macháty -- Culture medium preferences of pre-implantation cloned mouse embryos / Björn Heindryckx, Josiane Van der Elst, and Marc Dhont -- Maintenance of pregnancy in pigs with limited viable embryos / Tim King and Paul A. De Sousa -- Health and neonatal care of bovine clones / Jacqui T. Forsyth and David N. Wells -- Optimization of procedures for cloning by somatic cell nuclear transfer in mice / Young Gie Chung, Shaorong Gao, and Keith E. Latham -- Production of cloned calves using roscovitine-treated adult somatic cells as donors / Kazuchika Miyoshi, Sezen Arat, and Steven L. Stice -- A double nuclear transfer technique for cloning pigs / Irina A. Polejaeva, Shawn Walker, and Keith Campbell -- Nuclear transfer in nonhuman primates / Shoukhrat M. Mitalipov and Don P. Wolf --
- Nucleic acid testing for human disease 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nucleic acids hybridization 2007, Springer
- Nutrient-gene interactions in cancer 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics 2004, Karger
- Nutrigenomics 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Oligonucleotide synthesis 2004, Springer ProtocolsSynthesis of DNA using a new two-step cycle / Douglas J. Dellinger ... [et al.] -- RNA synthesis using 2'-O-(tert-butyldimethylsilyl) protection / Brian S. Sproat -- RNA oligonucleotide synthesis via 5'-silyl-2'-orthoester chemistry / Stephanie A. Hartsel... [et al.] -- Dimethylthiarum disulfide: new sulfur transfer reagent in phosphorothioates oligonucleotide synthesis -- Zhiwei Wang, Quanlai Song, and Yogesh H. Sanghvi -- Assay for evaluating ribonuclease H-mediated degradation of RNA-antisense oligonucleotide duplexes / Annie Galarneau ... [et al.] -- Di- and oligonucleotide synthesis using H-phosphonate chemistry / Jacek Stawinski and Roger Strömberg -- Solid-phase synthesis of circular oligonucleotides / Enrique Pedroso ... [et al.] -- Locked nucleic acid synthesis / Henrik M. Pfundheller ... [et al.] -- Synthesis of DNA mimics representing HypNA-pPNA hetero-oligomers / Vladimir A. Efimov and Oksana G. Chakhmakhcheva -- Base-modified oligonucleotides with increased duplex stability: pyrazolo[3,4-d] pyrimidines replacing purines / Frank Seela ... [et al.] --Introduction of hypermodified nucleotides in RNA / Darrell R. Davis and Ashok C. Bajji -- Chemical methods for peptide-oligonucleotide conjugate synthesis / Dmitry A. Stetsenko and Michael J. Gait -- Biotin labeled oligonucleotides with extraordinarily long tethering arms / A. Michael Morocho ... [et al.] -- Universal labeling chemistry for nucleic acid detection on DNA chips / Ali Laayoun ... [et al.] -- Postsynthetic functionalization of triple helix-forming oligonucleotides / Alexandre S. Boutorine and Jian-Sheng Sun -- Fluorescence-based on-line detection as an analytical tool in RNA electrophoresis / Ute Scheffer and Michael Göbel -- Design and optimization of molecular beacon real-time polymerase chain reaction assays / Jacqueline A. M. Vet and Salvatore A. E. Marras -- High-thoughput production of optimized primers (fimers) for whole-genome direct sequencing / Nikolai Polushin ... [et al.] -- Nonenzymatic template directed RNA synthesis / Marcus Hey and Michael Göbel -- DNAse I footprinting of small molecule binding sites on DNA / Christian Bailly ... [et al.] --Gene targeting using peptide nucleic acid / Peter E. Nielsen -- Nucleic acid library construction using synthetic DNA constructs / Hani S. Zaher and Peter J. Unrau -- In vitro selection from combinatorial nucleic acid libraries / Andres Jäschke -- In vitro selection procedures for identifying DNA and RNA aptamers targeted to nucleic acids and proteins / Eric Dausse ... [et al.] -- Short double-stranded ribonucleic acid as inhibitor of gene expression by the interference mechanism / Jean-Rémi Bertrand, Andrei Maksimenko, and Claude Malvy.
- Omics perspective on cancer research 2010, Springer
- Oncogenomics handbook 2005, Springer
- Organelle genetics 2012, Springer
- Organelles, genomes, and eukaryote phylogeny 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Origin of group identity 2009, SpringerAn overview : identity from bacteria to belief -- The prokaryotes : viruses, hyperparasites and the origin of group identity -- Sensory systems (light, odor, pheromones) in communities of oceanic microbes -- Subjugation of the individual : prokaryotic group living : blooms, slime and mats -- Animal group identity : from slime to worms, emergence of the brain -- Group identity in aquatic animals : learning to belong -- Development of tetrapod group identity, the smell of self -- Origin of primate group identity : vision and the great ERV invasion -- Human group identity : language and a social mind.
- A brief overview of molecular genetics -- An overview of information theory -- More on molecular genetics -- More on information theory -- An outline of error-correcting codes -- DNA is an ephemeral memory -- A toy living world -- Subsidiary hypothesis, nested system -- Soft codes -- Biological reality conforms to the hypotheses -- Identification of genomic codes.
- Paramecium 2008, CRCnetBASEMating types in paramecium -- General description of the protista and of paramecium -- Methods of studying genetic processes in organisms of the paramecium Aurelia species group -- The determination of mating types in paramecium -- Symbionts and mitochondria of paramecium -- Determination of i-antigens -- Micronuclei and macronuclei -- Ribosomal RNA and DNA -- Cortical morphogenesis -- Behavior -- Epigenetics.
- PCR mutation detection protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- PCR mutation detection protocols. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer ProtocolsConformation-Sensitive Capillary Electrophoresis / Emma Jane Ashton -- Conformation Sensitive Gel Electrophoresis / Marian Hill -- Denaturing HPLC for Mutation Screening / Mike Mitchell, Jacqueline Cutler -- In Situ Detection of Human Papillomavirus DNA After PCR-Amplification / Gerard J. Nuovo -- LATE-PCR and Allied Technologies: Real-Time Detection Strategies for Rapid, Reliable Diagnosis from Single Cells / Kenneth E. Pierce, Lawrence J. Wangh -- Long-PCR Amplification of Human Genomic DNA / Stephen Keeney -- Human Papilloma Virus Strain Detection Utilising Custom-Designed Oligonucleotide Microarrays / Duncan Ayers, Mark Platt, Farzad Javad, Philip J. Day -- Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA®) for the Detection of Copy Number Variation in Genomic Sequences / Petra G. Os, Jan P. Schouten -- Screening for Genomic Rearrangements by Multiplex PCR/Liquid Chromatography / Claude Houdayer, Catherine Dehainault, Marion Gauthier-Villars, Dominique Stoppa-Lyonnet -- Mutation Surveyor: Software for DNA Sequence Analysis / Jayne A. Minton, Sarah E. Flanagan, Sian Ellard -- Non-invasive Prenatal Diagnosis / Cathy Meaney, Gail Norbury -- Automated DNA Sequencing / Yvonne Wallis, Natalie Morrell -- Phylogenetic Microarrays for Cultivation-Independent Identification and Metabolic Characterization of Microorganisms in Complex Samples / Alexander Loy, Michael Pester, Doris Steger -- Prenatal Detection of Chromosome Aneuploidy by Quantitative-Fluorescence PCR / Kathy Mann, Erwin Petek, Barbara Pertl -- Use of Robotics in High-Throughput DNA Sequencing / Stephen Keeney -- Detection of Factor V Leiden and Prothrombin c.20210G>A Allele by Roche Diagnostics LightCycler® / Peter C. Cooper -- RT-PCR for the Detection of Translocations in Bone and Soft Tissue Tumours in Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues / Ann Williams, D. Chas Mangham -- Detection of Minimal Residual Disease in Leukaemia by RT-PCR / Joanne Mason, Mike Griffiths -- Mutation Detection by Southern Blotting / Gillian Mellars, Keith Gomez.
- PCR protocols. 2nd ed. 2003, Springer Protocols
- PCR protocols. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer ProtocolsSetup of a PCR Laboratory / Zaheer Khan -- Long-Range PCR with a DNA Polymerase Fusion / Holly H. Hogrefe, Michael C. Borns -- Isolation of Genomic Insertion Sites of Proviruses Using Splinkerette-PCR-Based Procedures / Bin Yin -- Lariat-Dependent Nested PCR for Flanking Sequence Determination / Daniel J. Park -- CODEHOP PCR and CODEHOP PCR Primer Design / Jeannette P. Staheli, Richard Boyce, Dina Kovarik, Timothy M. Rose -- Sequencing of Difficult DNA Regions by SAM Sequencing / Keith R. Mitchelson -- A Global Single-Cell cDNA Amplification Method for Quantitative Microarray Analysis / Kazuki Kurimoto, Mitinori Saitou -- Quantitation of MicroRNAs by Real-Time RT-qPCR / Caifu Chen, Ruoying Tan, Linda Wong, Richard Fekete, Jason Halsey -- High-Throughput SuperSAGE / Hideo Matsumura, Kentaro Yoshida, Shujun Luo, Detlev H. Krüger, Günter Kahl, Gary P. Schroth, Ryohei Terauchi -- Deep Cap Analysis of Gene Expression / Junpei Kurosawa, Hiromi Nishiyori, Yoshihide Hayashizaki -- Linking Emulsion PCR Haplotype Analysis / James G. Wetmur, Jia Chen -- PAP-LMPCR: An Improved, Sequence-Selective Method for the In Vivo Analysis of Transcription Factor Occupancy and Chromatin Fine Structure / Richard Ingram, Arthur Riggs, Constanze Bonifer -- The Many Faces of MLPA / Thomas Ohnesorg, Erin Turbitt, Stefan J. White -- Assessing Gene-Specific Methylation Using HRM-Based Analysis / Ee Ming Wong, Alexander Dobrovic -- Alu PCR / Maurizio Cardelli -- Asynchronous PCR / Caifu Chen, David Ruff, Jason Halsey -- Novel Applications of PCR Through the Use of DNA Substrates / Stuart M. Wilson -- Enhanced Solid Phase PCR for Increased Loading of Amplicon onto Solid Support / Daniel J. Park -- Application of Blocking Oligonucleotides to Improve Signal-to-Noise Ratio in a PCR / Hege Vestheim, Bruce E. Deagle, Simon N. Jarman -- Asymmetric Overlap Extension PCR Method for Site-Directed Mutagenesis / Yue-Hua Xiao, Yan Pei -- Ribosome Display: A Technology for Selecting and Evolving Proteins from Large Libraries / Birgit Dreier, Andreas Plückthun -- GLOBE: Analysis of DNA-Protein Interaction Analysis / Takaaki Kojima, Hideo Nakano -- PCR DNA-Array Profiling of DNA-Binding Transcription Factor Activities in Adult Mouse Tissues / Yimin Sun, Jing Cheng, Keith R. Mitchelson -- Nucleotide Exchange and Excision Technology DNA Shuffling and Directed Evolution / Janina Speck, Sabine C. Stebel, Katja M. Arndt, Kristian M. Müller.
- Pharmacogenomics 2005, Springer Protocols
- Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine 2008, Springer ProtocolsChallenges, opportunities, and evolving landscapes in pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine : an industry perspective / Nadine Cohen and Theresa Frangiosa -- Implementation of pharmacogenomic sample collection in clinical trials / Deborah Sokol Ricci and Monique Franc -- Pharmacogenomics : the regulatory environment and labeling implications / Myong-Jin Kim ... [et al.] -- Applications of pharmacogenomics in drug discovery / Duncan McHale -- Applications of pharmacogenomics in clinical trials / Monique Franc -- Pharmacogenomics applications in drug metabolism : from genotyping to drug label-challenges? / Ann K. Daly -- The genetics of adverse drug reactions : promises and problems / Martin Armstrong -- Strategies and resources for marker selection and genotyping in genetic association studies / Nicole Soranzo, Dong-Jing Fu, and Qingqin S. Li -- Study design and statistical issues in pharmacogenetics research : from candidate genes to genome-wide screens / Nicholas J. Schork, Nathalie Malo, and Eric J. Topol -- Holy SNP, Batman! / Reyna Favis -- Predictive biomarker classifiers in the design of pivotal clinical trials / Richard Simon -- Translation of biomarkers into clinical utility / William L. Trepicchio and George Mulligan -- Pharmacogenomic study feasibility assessment and pharmaceutical business decision-making / Monique Franc and Theresa Frangiosa -- Co-development of drugs and pharmacogenomics-based diagnostics in oncology / Jeffrey S. Ross -- Pharmacogenomics applications in epilepsy / Chantal Depondt -- Pharmacogenomics in Alzheimer's disease / Ramón Cacabelos -- Pharmacogenomics applications in psychiatric disorders / Todd Lencz and Anil K. Malhotra -- Pharmacogenomics in HIV disease / Amalio Telenti -- Pharmacogenomics and cardiovascular drugs / Gérard Siest ... [et al.] -- Pharmacogenomic applications in children / Susan F.A. Grant and Hakon Hakonarson -- Pharmacogenomics of rare and monogenic disorders / Paul D. Maher.
- Pharmacogenomics in drug discovery and development 2008, Springer Protocols
- Phospho-proteomics 2009, Springer ProtocolsA high-resolution two dimensional gel- and pro-Q DPS-based proteomics workflow for phosphoprotein identification and quantitative profiling / Ganesh K. Agrawal and Jay J. Thelen -- Differential phosphoprotein labelling (DIPPL) using ³²P and ³³P / Aviva M. Tolkovsky and Andreas Wyttenbach -- Identification of oxidative stress-induced tyrosine phosphorylated proteins by immunoprecipitation and mass spectrometry / Ma Carmen Duran, Hong-Lin Chan, and John F. Timms -- Enrichment and characterization of phosphopeptides by immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) and mass spectrometry / Tine E. Thingholm and Ole N. Jensen -- The use of titanium dioxide micro-columns to selectively isolate phosphopeptides from proteolytic digests / Tine E. Thingholm and Martin R. Larsen -- Enrichment and separation of mono- and multiply phosphorylated peptides using sequential elution from IMAC prior to mass spectrometric analysis / Tine E. Thingholm , Ole N. Jensen, and Martin R. Larsen -- Use of stable isotope labeling by amino acids in cell culture (SILAC) for phophotyrosine protein identification and quantitation / Guoan Zhang and Thomas A. Neubert -- Hydrophilic interaction chromatography for fractionation and enrichment of the phosphoproteome / Dean E. McNulty and Roland S. Annan -- SILAC for global phosphoproteomic analysis / Genaro Pimienta, Raghothama Chaerkady, and Akhilesh Pandey -- Quantitative phospho-proteomics based on soluble nanopolymers / Anton Iliuk and W. Andy Tao -- Profiling the tyrosine phosphorylation state using SH2 domains / Kevin Dierck ... [et al.] -- An overview of the qualitative analysis of phosphoproteins by mass spectrometry / Philip R. Gafken -- The analysis of phosphoproteomes by selective labelling and advanced mass spectrometric techniques / Angela Amoresano ... [et al.] -- On-line liquid chromatography electron capture dissociation for the characterization of phosphorylation sites in proteins / Steve M.M. Sweet and Helen J. Cooper -- Quantification of protein phosphorylation by [mu]LC-ICP-MS / Ralf Krüger, Nico Zinn, and Wolf D. Lehmann -- Reverse-phase diagonal chromatography for phosphoproteome research / Kris Gevaert and Joël Vandekerckhove -- Chemical tagging strategies for mass spectrometry-based phospho-proteomics / Alexander Leitner and Wolfgang Lindner -- Antibody array platform to monitor protein tyrosine phosphorylation in mammalian cells / Alicia S. Chung and Y. Eugene Chin -- Protein tyrosine kinase characterization based on fully automated synthesis of (phospho)peptide arrays in microplates / W. Carl Saxinger -- Kinome profiling using peptide arrays in eukaryotic cells / Kaushal Parikh, Maikel P. Peppelenbosch, and Tita Ritsema -- ProMoST : a tool for calculating the pI and molecular mass of phosphorylated and modified proteins on two-dimensional gels / Brian D. Halligan -- Kinase-specific preiction of protein phosphorylation sites / Martin L. Miller and Nikolaj Blom -- Reconstructing regulatory kinase pathways from phosphopeptide data : a bioinformatics approach / Lawrence G. Puente, Robin E.C. Lee, and Lynn A. Megeney.
- Phylogenomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsFrom gene-scale to genome-scale phylogenetics : the data flood in, but the challenges remain / Antonis Rokas and Stylianos Chatzimanolis -- Phylogenomic analysis of chromosome sorting and painting / Roscoe Stanyon and Gary Stone -- FISH for mapping single copy genes / Terje Raudsepp and Bhanu P. Chowdhary -- Construction of radiation hybrid panels / John E. Page and William J. Murphy -- Survey sequencing and radiation hybrid mapping to construct comparative maps / Christophe Hitte ... [et al.] -- Construction of high-resolution comparative maps in mammals using BAC-end sequences / Denis M. Larkin and Harris A. Lewin -- Amniote phylogenomics : testing evolutionary hypotheses with BAC library scanning and targeted clone analysis of large-scale sequences from reptiles / Andrew M. Shedlock, Daniel E. Janes, and Scott V. Edwards -- Comparative physical mapping : universal overgo hybridization probe design and BAC library hybridization / James W. Thomas -- Phylogenomic resources at the UCSC Genome Browser / Kate Rosenbloom ... [et al.] -- Computational tools for the analysis of rearrangements in mammalian genomes / Glenn Tesler and Guillaume Bourque -- Computational reconstruction of ancestral DNA sequences / Mathieu Blanchette ... [et al.] -- Sequencing and phylogenomic analysis of whole mitochondrial genomes of animals / Rafael Zardoya and Mónica Suárez -- Retroposons : genetic footrpints on the evolutionary paths of life / Hidenori Nishihara and Norihiro Okada -- LINE-1 elements : analysis by FISH and nucleotide sequences / Paul D. Waters ... [et al.] -- Identification of cryptic sex chromosomes and isolation of X- and Y-borne genes / Paul D. Waters ... [et al.]
- Phytochemicals 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Phytochemistry in the genomics and post-genomics eras. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Pichia protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction : distinction between Pichia pastoris and other expression systems / James M. Cregg -- Vectors and strains for expression / Joan Lin-Cereghino and Geoff P. Lin-Cereghino -- DNA-mediated transformation / James M. Cregg -- Rational design and optimization of fed-batch and continuous fermentation / Wenhui Zhag, Mehmet Inan, and Michael M. Meagher -- Saturation of the secretory pathway by overexpression of a hookworm (Necator americanus) protein (Na-ASP1) / Mehmet Inan ... [et al.] -- Purification of the N- and C-terminal subdomains of recombinant heavy chain fragment C of botulinum neurotoxin serotype C / Jicai Huang ... [et al.] -- Rapid screening of chromatography resins for the purification of proteins / Sandra E. Ríos, Erin M. Giaccone, and Tillman U. Gerngross -- Characterization of O-linked saccharides on glycoproteins / Roger K. Bretthauer -- Modification of the N-glycosylation pathway to produce homogeneous human-like glycans using glycoswitch plasmids / Wouter Vervecken ... [et al.] -- N-linked glycan characterization of heterologous proteins / Huijan Li ... [et al.] -- Heavy labeling of recombinant proteins / Eric Rodriguez -- Selenomethionine labeling of recombinant proteins / Anna M. Larsson and T. Alwyn Jones -- Selective isotopic labeling of recombinant proteins using amino acid auxotroph strains / James W. Whittaker -- Classical genetics / Ilya Tolstorukov and James M. Cregg -- Identification of pexophagy genes by restriction enzyme-mediated integration / Laura A. Schroder, Benjamin S. Glick, and William A. Dunn, Jr. -- Characterization of protein-protein interactions : application to the understanding of peroxisome biogenesis / Sebastien Leon ... [et al.] -- Localization of proteins and organelles using fluorescence microscopy / Jean-Claude Farre ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence microscopy and thin-section electron microscopy / Benjamin S. Glick.
- Plant chromosome engineering 2011, Springer ProtocolsRecent advances in plant transformation -- Engineering the plastid genome of nicotiana sylvestris, a diploid model species for plastid genetics -- Homologous recombination in plants : An antireview -- Chromosome painting for plant biotechnology -- Plant B chromosomes -- Telomere truncation in plants -- Engineered plant minichromosomes -- Method for bxb1-mediated site-specific integration in planta -- Targeted mutagenesis in arabidopsis using zinc-finger nucleases -- Vectors and methods for hairpin RNA and artificial microRNA-mediated gene silencing in plants -- Recombinant protein expression in nicotiana -- Chromosome analysis and sorting using flow cytometry -- Super-stretched pachytene chromosomes for plant molecular cytogenetic mapping -- Cytological dissection of the triticeae chromosomes by the gametocidal system -- Development and use of oat-maize chromosome additions and radiation hybrids -- Enhancer trapping in plants -- Chromatin beacons : Global sampling of chromatin physical properties using chromatin charting lines -- Transposable elements as catalysts for chromosome rearrangements.
- Plant functional genomics 2003, Springer Protocols
- Plant genomes 2008, KargerPaleopolyploidy and its impact on the structure and function of modern plant genomes / A.H. Paterson -- Genomic history and gene family evolution in angiosperms: challenges and opportunities / J. Sampedro, D. Cosgrove -- The evolutionary position of subfunctionalization, downgraded / M. Freeling -- Grass genome structure and evolution / J. Messing, J.L. Bennetzen -- Phylogenetic insights into the pace and pattern of plant genome size evolution / C.E. Grover, J.S. Hawkins, J.F. Wendel -- Plant transposable elements / J.M. Deragon, J.M. Casacuberta, O. Panaud -- Plant sex chromosomes / D. Charlesworth -- Plant centromeres / J.C. Lamb ... [et al.] -- MiRNAs in the plant genome: all things great and small / B.C. Meyers, P.J. Green, C. Lu -- Recent insights into the evolution of genetic diversity of maize / A. Rafalski, S. Tingey -- The rice genome structure as a trail from the past to beyond / T. Sasaki.
- Plant genomics 2009, Springer ProtocolsRole of model plant species / Richard Flavell -- New technologies for ultra-high throughput genotyping in plants / Nikki Appleby, David Edwards, and Jacqueline Batley -- Genetic maps and the use of synteny / Chris Duran, David Edwards, and Jacqueline Batley -- A simple TAE-based method to generate large insert BAC libraries from plant species / Bu-Jun Shi, J. Perry Gustafson, and Peter Langridge -- Transcript profiling and expression level mapping / Elena Potokina, Arnis Druka, and Michael J. Kearsey -- Methods for functional proteomic analyses / Christof Rampitsch and Natalia V. Bykova -- Stable transformation of plants / Huw D. Jones and Caroline A. Sparks -- Transient transformation of plants / Huw D. Jones, Angela Doherty, and Caroline A. Sparks -- Bridging the gene-to-function knowledge gap through functional genomics / Stephen J. Robinson and Isobel A.P. Parkin -- Heterologous and cell-free protein expression systems / Naser Farrokhi ... [et al.] -- Functional genomics and structural biology in the definition of gene function / Maria Hrmova and Geoffrey B. Fincher -- In situ analysis of gene expression in plants / Sinéad Drea ... [et al.] -- Plant and crop databases / David E. Matthews, Gerard R. Lazo, and Olin D. Anderson -- Plant genome annotation methods / Shu Ouyang ... [et al.] -- Molecular plant breeding : methodology and achievements / Rajeev K. Varshney ... [et l.] -- Practical delivery of genes to the marketplace / David A. Fischhoff and Molly N. Cline -- Ecological genomics of natural plant populations : the Israeli perspective / Eviatar Nevo -- Genome sequencing approaches and successes / Michael Imelfort ... [et al.]
- Plant transposable elements 2012, SpringerTransposable elements are DNA sequences with the capacity to move within a genome. Although their presence and impact has long been known, the recent genome-wide analysis of many eukaryotic genomes has uncovered their major role in genome dynamics and function. The present book explains how to recognize and study transposable elements, e.g. by using state-of-the-art strategies based on new-generation sequencing. Moreover, the impact of transposable elements on plant genome structure and function is reviewed in detail and illustrated in examples and case studies. The book is intended both for readers familiar with the field and for newcomers. With large-scale sequencing becoming increasingly available, more and more people will come across transposable element sequences in their data, and this volume will hopefully help to convince them that transposable elements are not just "junk" DNA, and may actually be the most interesting and fun part of their data!
- Post-transcriptional gene regulation 2008, Springer ProtocolsBioinformatics approaches for studying untranslated regions of mRNAs / Paramjeet S. Bagga -- Identification of mRNA polyadenylation sites in genomes using cDNA sequences, expressed sequence tags, and trace / Ju Youn Lee, Ji Yeon Park, and Bin Tian -- Bioinformatic tools for studying post-transcriptional gene regulation : the UAlbany TUTR Collection and other informatic resources / Francis Doyle ... [et al.] -- In-line probing analysis of riboswitches / Elizabeth E. Regulski and Ronald R. Breaker -- Ribotrap : targeted purification of RNA-specific RNPs from cell lysates through immunoaffinity precipitation to identify regulatory proteins and RNAs / Dale L. Beach and Jack D. Keene -- Advances in RIP-chip analysis : RNA-binding protein immunoprecipitation-microarray profiling / Timothy E. Baroni ... [et al.] -- Biosensors for RNA aptamers-protein interaction / Sara Tombelli, Maria Minunni, and Marco Mascini -- A tethering approach to study proteins that activate mRNA turnover in human cells / Sandra L. Clement and Jens Lykke-Andersen -- RNA analysis by biosynthetic tagging using a 4-thiouracil and uracil phosphoribosyltransferase / Gusti M. Zeiner ... [et al.] -- Efficient 5' cap-dependent RNA purification : use in identifying and studying subsets of RNA / Edyta Z. Bajak and Curt H. Hagedorn -- Enrichment of alternatively spliced isoforms / Julian P. Venables --In vivo methods to assess polyadenylation efficiency / Lisa K. Hague, Tyra Hall-Pogar, and Carol S. Lutz -- Monitoring the temporal and spatial distribution of RNA in living yeast cells / Roy M. Long and Carl R. Urbinati -- Analysis of mRNA partitioning between the cytosol and endoplasmic reticulum compartments of mammalian cells / Samuel B. Stephens ... [et al.] -- In vivo and in vitro analysis of poly(A) length effects on mRNA translation / Jing Peng, Elizabeth L. Murray, and Daniel R. Schoenberg -- A ribosomal density-mapping procedure to explore ribosome positions along translating mRNAs / Naama Eldad and Yoav Arava -- Identification of changes in gene expression by quantitation of mRNA levels / Wendy M. Olivas -- Application of the Invader® RNA assay to the polarity of vertebrate mRNA decay / Elizabeth L. Murray and Daniel R. Schoenberg -- Development of an in vitro mRNA decay system in insect cells / Kevin Sokoloski, John R. Anderson, and Jeffrey Wilusz -- Using synthetic precursor and inhibitor miRNAs to understand miRNA function / Lance P. Ford and Angie Cheng -- A step-by-step procedure to analyze the efficacy of siRNA using real-time PCR / Angie Cheng, Charles L. Johnson, and Lance P. Ford.
- Principles of cancer genetics 2008, Springer
- Principles of clinical cytogenetics. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerHistory of clinical cytogenetics / Steven L. Gersen -- DNA, chromosomes, and cell division / Martha Keagle -- Human chromosome nomenclature: an overview and definition of terms / Avirachan Tharapel -- Basic laboratory procedures / Martha B. Keagle and Steven L. Gersen -- Microscopy / Christopher McAleer -- Quality control and quality assurance / Michael Watson and Steven L. Gersen -- Instrumentation in the cytogenetics laboratory / Steven L. Gersen and Lotte Downey -- Autosomal aneuploidy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Structural chromosome rearrangements / Kathleen Kaiser-Rogers and Kathleen Rao -- Sex chromosomes and sex chromosome abnormalities / Cynthia M. Powell -- The cytogenetics of infertility / Linda Marie Randolph -- Prenatal cytogenetics / Linda Marie Randolph -- The cytogenetics of spontaneous abortion / Solveig M.V. Pflueger -- Chromosome instability / Xiao-Xiang Zhang -- Cytogenetics of hematologic neoplasms / Rizwan Naeem -- Cytogenetics of solid tumors / Jonathan Fletcher -- Genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Fluroescence in situ hybridization (FISH) / Daynna Wolff and Stuart Schwartz -- Fragile X: from cytogenetics to molecular genetics / Patricia Howard-Peebles and Dana Crawford -- Genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Genetic counseling / Sarah Hutchings Clark.
- Principles of cloning 2002, ScienceDirectHistorical perspective / Robert H. Foote -- Activation of mammalian oocytes / Rafael A. Fissore, Jeremy Smyth, Manabu Kurokawa and Philippe Collas -- The nucleus / Fyodor D. Urnov and Alan P. Wolffe -- Nuclear reprogramming : biological and technological constraints / Kevin Eggan and Rudolf Jaenisch -- Plasticity of somatic nucleus by epigenetic reprogramming via cell hybridization / Takashi Tada, Masako Tada and M. Azim Surani -- Determinants of pluripotency in mammals / Michele Boiani and Hans R. Schöler -- Micromanipulation techniques for cloning / Raymond L. Page -- Microinsemination and nuclear transfer with male germ cells / Atsuo Ogura, Narumi Ogonuki and Kimiko Inoue -- Development of viable mammalian embryos in vitro : evolution of sequential media / David K. Gardner and Michelle Lane -- Genetic and phenotypic similarity among members of mammalian clonal sets / George E. Seidel, Jr. -- Genetic modification and cloning in mammals / Patrick W. Dunne and Jorge A. Piedrahita -- Pregnancy and neonatal care of cloned animals / Jonathan R. Hill and Pascale Chavatte-Palmer -- Donor cell type and cloning efficiency in mammals / Y. Tsunoda and Y. Kato -- Cloning of amphibians / J.B. Gurdon and J.A. Byrne -- Cloning of fish / Yuko Wakamatsu and Kenjiro Ozato -- Cloning of mice / Teruhiko Wakayama and Anthony C.F. Perry -- Cloning of rabbits / András Dinnyés, X. Cindy Tian and Xiangzhong Yang -- Nuclear transfer in swine / Randall S. Prather -- Cloning of cattle / Neal L. First, Zeki Beyhan and Jennifer D. Ambroggio -- Cell cycle regulation in cloning / Keith H.S. Campbell -- Cloning of rats / Philip Iannaccone, Michael Bader and Vasiliy Galat -- Cloning in nonhuman primates / Tanja Dominko, Calvin Simerly, Crista Martinovich and Gerald Schatten -- Nuclear transfer for stem cells / Alan Trounson -- Current research and commercial applications of cloning technology / Steven L. Stice -- Transgenic cloned goats and the production of therapeutic proteins / Esmail Behboodi, LiHow Chen, Margaret M. Destrempes, Harry M. Meade and Yann Echelard -- Ethical implications of cloning / Ronald M. Green -- Mammalian cloning : challenges for the future / R.L. Gardner.
- Principles of molecular medicine. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- PRINS and in situ PCR protocols. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer Protocols
- Protein engineering 2004, ScienceDirect
- Protein engineering 2009, SpringerUnderstanding enzyme mechanism through protein chimeragenesis / N.M. Goodey and S.J. Benkovic -- Chemical protein engineering : synthetic and semisynthetic peptides and proteins / L. Merkel, L. Moroder, and N. Budisa -- Native chemical ligation: Semisynthesis of post-translationally modified proteins and biological probes / E. Vogel Taylor and B. Imperiali -- Chemical methods for mimicking post-translational modifications / S.I. van Kasteren, P. Garnier and B.G. Davis -- Noncanonical amino acids in protein science and engineering / K.E. Beatty and D.A. Tirrell -- Fidelity mechanisms of the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases / A.P. Mascarenhas ... [et al.] -- Specialized components of the translational machinery for unnatural amino acid mutagenesis : tRNAs, aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, and ribosomes / C. Köhrer and U.L. RajBhandary -- In vivo studies of receptors and ion channels with unnatural amino acids / D.A. Dougherty -- Synthesis of modified proteins using misacylated tRNAs / S.M. Hecht -- Cell-free synthesis of proteins with unnatural amino acids. The pure system and expansion of the genetic code / I. Hirao, T. Kanamori and T. Ueda -- Engineering nucleobases and polymerases for an expanded genetic alphabet / A.M. Leconte and F.E. Romesberg -- Understanding membrane proteins. How to design inhibitors of transmembrane protein-protein interactions / J.S. Slusky, H. Yin and W.F. DeGrado.
- Protein engineering protocols 2006, Springer Protocols
- Protocols for nucleic acid analysis by nonradioactive probes. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer ProtocolsGenomic DNA isolation from different biological materials / Duckchul Park -- Extraction of plant RNA / Elspeth MacRae -- Overview on hybridization and detection techniques / Elena Hilario -- Checkerboard DNA/DNA hybridization technology : using DIG detection / Lisa S. Gellen, Glenn Wall-Manning, and Chris H. Sissons -- Nonradioactive northern and southern analyses from plant samples / Christoph Peterhaensel, Dagmar Weier, and Thomas Lahaye -- Screening a BAC library with nonradioactive overlapping oligonucleotide (overgo) probes / Elena Hilario, Tiffany F. Bennell, and Erik Rikkerink -- Direct in-gel hybridization of DNA with digoxigenin-labeled probes / Saeed A. Khan and Mohamed S. Nawaz --In situ hybridization of termite microbes / Shigeharu Moriya ... [et al.] -- RNA electrophoretic mobility shift assay using a fluorescent DNA sequencer / Yukinori Eguchi -- Comparative quantitation of mRNA expression in the central nervous system using fluorescence in situ hybridization / Darren J. Day, Eli M. Mrkusich, and John H. Miller -- Visualization of gene expression by fluorescent multiplex real-time PCR amplification / Maria Rosa Ponce ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization for the identification of environmental microbes / Annelie Pernthaler and Jakob Pernthaler -- Introduction to kinetic (real-time) PCR / John Mackay -- Validation of siRNA knockdowns by quantitative real-time PCR / Sukru Tuzmen --Real-time quantitative PCR as an alternative to southern blot or fluorescence in situ hybridization for detection -- Of gene-copy number changes / Jasmien Hoebeeck, Frank Speleman, and Jo Vandesompele -- Design and work-up of a new molecular diagnostic assay based on real-time PCR / Harald Kessler -- Real-time PCR fluorescent chemistries / John Mackay and Olfert Landt -- Microarrays : an overview / Norman H. Lee and Alexander I. Saeed -- Oligonucleotide microarrays for the study of coastal microbial communities / Gaspar Taroncher-Oldenburg and Bess B. Ward.
- Psychiatric genetics 2003, Springer Protocols
- Pyrosequencing protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsThe history of pyrosequencing / Pol Nyron -- Pyrosequencing applications / Sharon Marsh -- Web-based primer design software for genome-scale genotyping by pyrosequencing / Steven Ringquist ... [et al.] -- Pyrosequencing : a simple method for accurate genotyping / Cristi R. King and Tiffany Scott-Horton -- Universal primer applications for pyrosequencing / Dong-Chuan Guo and Dianna M. Milewicz -- Allele quantification and DNA pooling methods / Jonathon Wasson -- Multiplex pyrosequencing for DNA variation analysis / Pritesh Patel, Yih-Horng Shiao, and Paolo Fortina -- Analysis of gene-specific DNA methylation patterns by the pyrosequencing technology / Jørg Tost and Ivo Glynne Gut -- Detecting mutations that confer oxazolidinone resistance in gram-positive bacteria / Neil Woodford, Sarah E. North, and Matthew J. Ellington -- Pyrosequencing-based strategies for improved allele typing of HLA loci / Steven Ringquist ... [et al.] -- Pyrosequencing of phage display libraries for the identification of cell-specific targeting ligands / Ahad A. Rahim -- Gene copy number detection in animal studies / Gerli Pielberg and Leif Andersson -- Detection of allelic imbalance in gene expression using pyrosequencing / Hua Wang and Steven C. Elbein -- Pyrosequencing genotype storage techniques / Derek J. Van Booven.
- Quantitative trait loci 2002, Springer Protocols
- Recoding 2010, SpringerPart I. Redefinition -- 1. Selenocysteine Biosynthesis, Selenoproteins, and Selenoproteomes / Vadim N. Gladyshev and Dolph L. Hatfield -- 2. Reprogramming the Ribosome for Selenoprotein Expression: RNA Elements and Protein Factors / Marla J. Berry and Michael T. Howard -- 3. Translation of UAG as Pyrrolysine / Joseph A. Krzycki -- 4. Specification of Standard Amino Acids by Stop Codons / Olivier Namy and Jean-Pierre Rousset -- 5. Ribosome “Skipping”: “Stop-Carry On” or “StopGo” Translation / Jeremy D. Brown and Martin D. Ryan -- 6. Recoding Therapies for Genetic Diseases / Kim M. Keeling and David M. Bedwell -- Part II. Frameshifting - Redirection of Linear Readout -- 7. Pseudoknot-Dependent Programmed -1 Ribosomal Frameshifting: Structures, Mechanisms and Models / Ian Brierley, Robert J.C. Gilbert, and Simon Pennell -- 8. Programmed -1 Ribosomal Frameshift in the Human Immunodeficiency Virus of Type 1 / Léa Brakier-Gingras and Dominic Dulude -- 9. Ribosomal Frameshifting in Decoding Plant Viral RNAs / W. Allen Miller and David P. Giedroc -- 10. Programmed Frameshifting in Budding Yeast / Philip J. Farabaugh -- 11. Recoding in Bacteriophages / Roger W. Hendrix -- 12. Programmed Ribosomal -1 Frameshifting as a Tradition: The Bacterial Transposable Elements of the IS3 Family / Olivier Fayet and Marie-Françoise Prère -- 13. Autoregulatory Frameshifting in Antizyme Gene Expression Governs Polyamine Levels from Yeast to Mammals / Ivaylo P. Ivanov and Senya Matsufuji -- 14. Sequences Promoting Recoding Are Singular Genomic Elements / Pavel V. Baranov and Olga Gurvich -- 15. Mutants That Affect Recoding / Jonathan D. Dinman and Michael O'Connor -- 16. The E Site and Its Importance for Improving Accuracy and Preventing Frameshifts / Markus Pech, Oliver Vesper, Hiroshi Yamamoto, Daniel N. Wilson, and Knud H. Nierhaus -- Part III. Discontiguity -- 17. Translational Bypassing - Peptidyl-tRNA Re-pairing at Non-overlapping Sites / Norma M. Wills -- 18. trans-Translation / Kenneth C. Keiler and Dennis M. Lee -- Part IV. Transcription Slippage -- 19. Transcript Slippage and Recoding / Michael Anikin, Vadim Molodtsov, Dmitry Temiakov, and William T. McAllister -- Part V. Appendix -- 20. Computational Resources for Studying Recoding / Andrew E. Firth, Michaël Bekaert, and Pavel V. Baranov.
- Recombinant gene expression. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsCopy-control tightly regulated expression vectors based on pBAC/oriV / Jadwiga Wild and Waclaw Szybalski -- Cell-free protein synthesis with prokaryotic combined transcription-translation / James R. Swartz, Michael C. Jewett, and Kim A. Woodrow -- Genetic tools for the manipulation of moderately halophilic bacteria of the family Halomonadaceae / Carmen Vargas and Joaquín J. Nieto -- Gene transfer and expression of Recombinant proteins in moderately halophilic bacteria / Amalia S. Afendra ... [et al.] -- Recombinant protein production in antarctic gram-negative bacteria / Angela Duilio, Maria Luisa Tutino, and Gennaro Marino -- Recombinant protein production in yeasts / Danilo Porro and Diethard Mattanovich -- Controlled expression of homologous genes by genomic promoter replacement in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Kevin J. Vestrepen and Johan M. Thevelein -- High-throughput expression in microplate format in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Caterina Holz and Christine Lang -- High-throughput expression in microplate format in Pichia pastoris / Mewes Böttner and Christine Lang -- Multiple gene expression by chromosomal integration and CRE-loxP-mediated marker recycling in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Björn Johansson and Bärbel Hahn-Hägerdal --Flp-mediated integration of expression cassettes into FRT-tagged chromosomal loci in mammalian cells / Dagmar Wirth and Hansjörg Hauser -- Generation of high-recombinant protein-producing Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells / Jean-Louis Goergen and Lucía Monaco -- Preparation of recombinant proteins in milk / Louis-Marie Houdebine.Host cell compatibility in protein expression / James J. Greene -- Production of Recombinant proteins: challenges and solutions / Laura A. Palomares, Sandino Estrada-Moncada and Octavio T. Ramírez -- Folding promoting agents in Recombinant protein production / Beatrix Fahnert -- Back to basics: pBR322 and protein expression systems in e. coli / Paulina Balbás and Francisco Bolívar -- alpha-complementation enabled T7 expression vectors and their use for the expression of recombinant polypeptides for protein transduction experiments / Mikhail F. Alexeyev ... [et al.] -- Expression of recombinant alkaline phosphatase conjugates in Escherichia coli / Jean-Claude Boulain and Frédéric Ducancel -- Overexpression of chromosomal genes in Escherichia coli / Fernando Valle and Noemí Flores -- Chromosomal expression of foreign and native genes from regulatable promoters in Escherichia coli / Lu Zhou, Ke Zhang, and Barry L. Wanner -- Plasmid vectors for marker-free chromosomal insertion of genetic material in Escherichai coli / Sylvie Le Borgne, Francisco Bolívar, and Guillermo Gosset -- Copy-control pBAC/oriV vectors for genomic cloning / Jadwiga Wild and Waclaw Szybalski --Three decades of fungal transformation: key concepts and applications / Vianey Olmedo-Monfil, Carlos Cortés-Penagos, and Alfredo Herrera-Estrella -- Three decades of fungal transformation: novel technologies / Sergio Casas-Flores, Teresa Rosales-Saavedra, and Alfredo Herrera-Estrella -- Gene transfer and expression in plants / Argelia Lorence and Robert Verpoorte -- Production of Recombinant proteins by hairy roots cultured in plastic sleeve bioreactors / Fabricio Medina-Bolívar and Carole Cramer -- Engineering the chloroplasts genome for hyperexpression of human therapeutic proteins and vaccine antigens / Shashi Kumar and Henry Daniell -- New selection marker for plant transformation / Barbara Leyman ... [et al.] -- Enhancer detection and gene trapping as tools for functional genomics in plants / Gerardo Acosta-García, Daphné Autran, and Jean-Philippe Vielle-Calzada -- Gene transfer and expression in mammalian cell lines and transgenic animals / Félix Recillas-Targa -- Sustained heterologous transgene expression in mammalian and avian cell lines / Héctor Rincón-Arano and Félix Recillas-Targa -- Inducible gene expression in mammalian cells and mice / Wilfried Webber and Martin Fussenegger --
- Recombination and meiosis 2008, Springer"Once per life cycle, mitotic nuclear divisions are replaced by meiosis I and II - reducing chromosome number from the diploid level to a haploid genome, reshuffling the homologous chromosomes by their centromeres, and recombining chromosome arms by crossing-over. In animals, including humans, all this happens during the germ cell formation of eggs and sperm. Due to the reign of meiosis, no child is a true genetic copy of either parent. Questions still open primarily concern the placement of and mutual coordination between neighboring crossover events. The current book addresses these processes and mechanisms in multicellular eukaryotes, such as Drosophila, Anibidopsis, mice and humans. The pioneering model systems of yeasts, as well as evolutionary aspects, will be addressed in a forthcoming volume."--Jacket.
- Recombination and meiosis 2008, SpringerOnce per life cycle, mitotic nuclear divisions are replaced by meiosis I and II - reducing chromosome number from the diploid level to a haploid genome and recombining chromosome arms by crossing-over. In animals, all this happens during formation of eggs and sperm - in yeasts before spore formation. The mechanisms of reciprocal exchange at crossover/chiasma sites are central to mainstream meiosis. To initiate the meiotic exchange of DNA, surgical cuts are made as a form of calculated damage that subsequently is repaired by homologous recombination. These key events are accompanied by ancillar.
- Redox cell biology and genetics. Part A-B 2002, ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Regenerative biology and medicine 2006, ScienceDirect
- Regulation of gene expression in plants 2007, Springer
- Regulation of microRNAs 2011, SpringerMicroRNA biogenesis and function : an overview / Rene F. Ketting -- Regulation of pri-miRNA processing through Smads / Akiko Hata and Brandi N. Davis -- Stimulation of pri-miR-18a processing by hnRNP A1 / Gracjan Michlewski, Sonia Guil, and Javier F. Cáceres -- KSRP promotes the maturation of a group of miRNA precursors / Michele Trabucchi ... [et al.] -- Hormonal repression of miRNA biosynthesis through a nuclear steroid hormone receptor / Sally Fujiyama-Nakamura, Kaoru Yamagata, and Shigeaki Kato -- Autoregulatory mechanisms controlling the microprocessor / Robinson Triboulet and Richard I. Gregory -- Regulation of pre-miRNA processing / Nicolas J. Lehrbach and Eric A. Miska -- The effect of RNA editing and ADARs on miRNA biogenesis and function / Bret S.E. Heale, Liam P. Keegan, and Mary A. O'Connell -- MiRNAs need a trim regulation of miRNA activity by trim-NHL proteins / F. Gregory Wulczyn ... [et al.] -- Properties of the regulatory RNA-binding protein HuR and its role in controlling miRNA repression / Nicole-Claudia Meisner and Witold Filipowicz -- Turnover of mature miRNAs and siRNAs in plants and algae / Heriberto Cerutti and Fadia Ibrahim -- MicroRNases and the regulated degradation of mature animal miRNAs / Helge Grosshans and Saibal Chatterjee.
- Regulation of phytochemicals by molecular techniques. 1st ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Regulatory genome 2006, ScienceDirect
- (Opinionated) guide to microarray dat...
- — Ethical challenges in genomics resear...
- Eukaryotic transcription factors. 4th...
- — Mammalian and avian transgenesis - ne...
- Mammalian artificial chromosomes .......
- — Regulatory genome ......................
- Regulatory RNAs ........................
- — Zebrafish. Genetics, genomics, and in...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle