Books by Subject
- (Opinionated) guide to microarray dat...
- — Ethical challenges in genomics resear...
- Eukaryotic transcription factors. 4th...
- — Introduction to toxicogenomics .........
- Kallmann syndrome and hypogonadotropi...
- — Quantitative trait loci ................
- Recoding ...............................
- — Zebrafish. Genetics, genomics, and in...
- Eukaryotic transcription factors. 4th ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Evolution of the genome 2005, ScienceDirectGenome size evolution in animals /T. Ryan Gregory --Genome size evolution in plants /Michael D. Bennett and Ilia J. Leitch --Transposable elements /Margaret G. Kidwell --B chromosomes /Juan Pedro M. Camacho --Small-scale gene duplications /John S. Taylor and Jeroen Raes --Large-scale gene and ancient genome duplications /Yves Van de Peer and Axel Meyer --Polyploidy in plants /Jennifer A. Tate, Douglas E. Soltis, and Pamela S. Soltis --Polyploidy in animals /T. Ryan Gregory and Barbara K. Mable --Comparative genomics in eukaryotes /Alan Filipski and Sudhir Kumar --Comparative genomics in prokaryotes /T. Ryan Gregory and Rob DeSalle --Macroevolution and the genome /T. Ryan Gregory.
- Evolution through genetic exchange 2007, MyiLibraryHistory of investigations -- The role of species concepts -- Testing the hypothesis -- Barriers to gene flow -- Hybrid fitness -- Gene duplication -- Origin of new evolutionary lineages -- Implications for endangered taxa -- Humans and associated lineages -- Emergent properties.
- Evolutionary computation in bioinformatics 2003, ScienceDirectAn introduction to bioinformatics for computer scientists / David W. Corne and Gary B. Fogel -- An introduction to evolutionary computation for biologists / Gary B. Fogel and David W. Corne -- Determining genome sequences from experimental data using evolutionary computation / Jacek Blazewicz and Marta Kasprzak -- Protein structure alignment using evolutionary computation / Joseph D. Szustakowski and Zhiping Weng -- Using genetic algorithms for pairwise and multiple sequence alignments / Cédric Notredame -- On the evolutionary search for solutions to the protein folding problem / Garrison W. Greenwood and Jae-Min Shin -- Toward effective polypeptide structure prediction with parallel fast messy genetic algorithms / Gary B. Lamont and Laurence D. Merkle -- Application of evolutionary computation to protein folding with specialized operators / Steffen Schulze-Kremer -- Identification of coding regions in DNA sequences using evolved neural networks / Gary B. Fogel, Kumar Chellapilla and David B. Fogel -- Clustering microarray data with evolutionary algorithms / Emanuel Falkenauer and Arnaud Marchand -- Evolutionary computation and fractal visualization of sequence data / Dan Ashlock and Jim Golden -- Identifying metabolic pathways and gene regulation networks with evolutionary algorithms / Junji Kitagawa and Hitoshi Iba --Evolutionary computational support for the characterization of biological systems / Bogdan Filipič and Janez Štrancar -- Discovery of genetic and environmental interactions in disease data using evolutionary computation / Laetitia Jourdan, Clarisse Dhaenens-Flipo and El-Ghazali Talbi -- Feature selection methods based on genetic algorithms for in silico drug design / Mark J. Embrechts, Muhsin Ozdemir, Larry Lockwood, Curt Breneman, Kristin Bennett, Dirk Devogelaere and Marcel Rijckaert --Interpreting analytical spectra with evolutionary computation / Jem J. Rowland.
- Evolutionary systems biology 2012, Springer
- Expressed sequence tags (ESTs) 2009, Springer ProtocolsExpressed sequence tags : an overview / John Parkinson and Mark Blaxter --Strategies for undertaking expressed sequence tag (EST) projects / Sandra W. Clifton and Makedonka Mitreva -- Construction of cDNA libraries : focus on protists and fungi / Naiara Rodríguez-Ezpeleta ... [et al.] -- Generation of full-length cDNA libraries : focus on plants / Motoaki Seki ... [et al.] -- Preparation of full-length cDNA libraries : focus on metazoans / Masako Harada and Yoshihide Hayashizaki -- Expressed sequence tags : normalization and subtraction of cDNA libraries / Marcelo Bento Soares ... [et al.] -- Generating EST libraries : trans-spliced cDNAs / Cecilia Fernández and Rick M. Maizels -- Large-scale sequencing and analytical processing of ESTs / Makedonka Mitreva and Elaine R. Mardis -- EST processing : from trace to sequence / Ralf Schmid and Mark Blaxter -- Obtaining accurate translations from expressed sequence tags / James Wasmuth and Mark Blaxter -- EST databases and web tools for EST projects /Yao-Qing Shen ... [et al.] -- Phylogenomic analysis of EST datasets / José M. Peregrín-Alvarez and John Parkinson -- Statistical analysis of expressed sequence tags / Edward Susko and Andrew J. Roger -- Application of ESTs in microarray analysis / Weizhong Li ... [et al.] -- Exploiting ESTs in human health / Sandro José de Souza.
- Fanconi anemia 2007, KargerWhy, what, and how can we learn from a rare disease like Fanconi anemia? / Schroeder-Kurth, T. -- Fanconi anemia: a disease with many faces / Dietrich, R., Velleuer, E. -- Milestones in Fanconi anemia research / Digweed, M., Hoehn, H., Sperling K. -- Fanconi anemia genes: structure, mutations, and genotype-phenotype correlations / Kalb, R. ... [et al.] -- Cancer in Fanconi anemia and Fanconi anemia genes in cancer / Neveling, K., Kalb, R., Schindler, D. -- Clonal chromosomal aberrations in bone marrow cells of Fanconi anemia patients: results and implications / Neitzel H. ... [et al.] -- Interphase FISH-assay for the detection of MDS- and AML-associated chromosomal imbalances in native bone marrow and peripheral blood cells / Tönnies, H. ... [et al.] -- Applications of cell cycle testing in Fanconi anemia / Schindler, D. ... [et al.] -- Prenatal diagnosis of Fanconi anemia: functional and molecular testing / Bechtold, A. ... [et al.] -- Revertant mosaicism in Fanconi anemia: natural gene therapy at work / Hoehn, H. ... [et al.] -- Stem cell transplantation in Fanconi anemia, recent advances with alternative donors / Eyrich, M., Winkler, B., Schlegel, P.G. -- Fanconi anemia genes in vertebrates: evolutionary conservation, sex-linkage, and embryonic expression of FANCC and FANCG in avian cells / Nanda, I. ... [et al.] -- Studying homologous recombination in Fanconi anemia / Demuth, I., Digweed, M. -- Functional knock-down of human RAD51 for testing the Fanconi anemia-BRCA connection / Rio, P., Hanenberg, H.
- Fine-tuning of RNA functions by modification and editing 2005, Springer
- Fluorescent energy transfer nucleic acid probes 2006, Springer Protocols
- Forensic DNA evidence interpretation 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic DNA typing protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsForensic DNA-typing technologies: a review / Angel Carracedo and Paula Sánchez-Diz -- DNA extraction and quantitation of forensic samples using the phenol-chloroform method and real-time PCR / Silvano Köchl, Harald Niederstätter, and Walther Parson -- A real-time PCR protocol to determine the number of amelogenine (X-Y) gene copies from forensic DNA samples / Antonio Alonso and Pablo Martín -- Species determination: the role and use of the cytochrome b gene / Adrian Linacre and James Chun-l Lee -- Constructing STR multiplex assays / John M. Butler -- Y chromosome STR typing / Leonor Gusma̋o and Cíntia Alves -- Using online databases for developing SNP markers of forensic interest / Christopher Phillips -- SNP typing in forensic genetics: a review / Beatriz Sobrino and Angel Carracedo -- Genotyping SNPs with the LightCycler / María Victoria Lareu and Clara Ruiz-Ponte -- Universal tag arrays in forensic SNP analysis / Marie Allen and Anna-Maria Divne --SNP typing on the nanochip electronic microarray / Claus Børsting, Juan J. Sanchez, and Niels Morling -- Genotyping SNPs using a UV-photocleavable oligonucleotide in MALDI-TOF MS / Peter M. Vallone, Kristina Fahr, and Markus Kostrzewa -- Mitochondrial D-loop and coding sequence analysis using pyrosequencing / Marie Allen and Hanna Andréasson -- SNaPshot typing of mitochondrial DNA coding region variants / Antonio Salas, Beatriz Quintáns, and Vanesa Álvarez-Iglesias -- Typing of Y chromosome SNPs with multiplex PCR methods / Juan J. Sanchez, Claus Børsting, and Niels Morling -- Y chromosome SNP analysis using the single-base extension: a hierarchical multiplex design / María Brión -- SNaPshot for pharmacogenetics by minisequencing / Klaus Bender -- Methods for the study of ancient DNA /Christine Keyser-Tracqui and Bertrand Ludes -- Protocols for ancient DNAtyping / Cristian Capelli and Frank Tschentscher.
- Foundations of genetic algorithms 6 2001, ScienceDirectMachine generated contents note: Introduction-- Worthy N. Martin and William M. Spears -- Overcoming Fitness Barriers in Multi-Modal Search Spaces5 -- Martin J. Oates and David Come -- N iches in N K -Landscapes27 -- Keith E. Mathia, Larry J. Eshelman, and J. David Schaffer -- New Methods for Tunable, Random Landscapes 47 -- R. E. Smith and J. E. Smith -- Analysis of Recombinative Algorithms on a Non-Separable Building-Block Problem69 -- Richard A. Watson -- Direct Statistical Estimation of GA Landscape Properties 91 -- Colin R. Reeves -- Comparing Population Mean Curves109 -- B. Naudts and I. Landrieu -- Local Performance of the ((/(I, () -ES in a Noisy Environment 127 -- Dirk V Arnold and Hans-Georg Beyer -- Recursive Conditional Scheme Theorem, Convergence and -- Population Sizing in Genetic Algorithms 143 -- Riccardo Poli -- Towards a Theory of Strong Overgeneral Classifiers 165 -- Tim Kovacs -- Evolutionary Optimization through PAC Learning 185 -- Forbes J. Burkowski -- Continuous Dynamical System Models of Steady-State Genetic Algorithms209 -- Alden H. Wright and Jonathan E. Rowe -- Mutation-Selection Algorithm: A Large Deviation Approach 227 -- Paul Albuquerque and Christian Mazza -- The Equilibrium and Transient Behavior of Mutation and Recombination 241 -- William M. Spears -- The Mixing Rate of Different Crossover Operators 261 -- Adam Prigel-Bennett -- Dynamic Parameter Control in Simple Evolutionary Algorithms 275 -- Stefan Droste, Thomas Jansen, and Ingo Wegener -- Local Search and High Precision Gray Codes: Convergence Results and Neighborhoods295 -- Darrell Whitley, Laura Barbulescu, and Jean-Paul Watson -- Burden and Benefits of Redundancy 313 -- Karsten Weicker and Nicole Weicker -- Author Index 335 -- Key Word Index337.
- Fragile X-associated tremor ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) 2010, SpringerClinical Neurological Phenotype of FXTAS / Maureen A. Leehey, Elizabeth Berry-Kravis, Christopher G. Goetz and Randi J. Hagerman -- The Epidemiology of FXTAS / Deborah A. Hall and Sebastien Jacquemont -- FXTAS: Neuropsychological/Neuropsychiatric Phenotypes / Jim Grigsby, Angela G. Brega, Andreea L. Seritan and James A. Bourgeois -- Radiological Findings in FXTAS / Susan M. Rivera, Glenn T. Stebbins and Jim Grigsby -- The Pathology of FXTAS / Claudia M. Greco, Michael R. Hunsaker and Robert F. Berman -- The Molecular Biology of FXTAS / Flora Tassone and Paul J. Hagerman -- Genotype/Phenotype Relationships in FXTAS / Emily Allen, Maureen A. Leehey, Flora Tassone and Stephanie Sherman -- Animal Models for FXTAS / Rob Willemsen, Yujing Li, Robert F. Berman, Judith R. Brouwer and Ben A. Oostra, et al. -- Treatment and Management of FXTAS / Elizabeth Berry-Kravis, Deborah A. Hall, Maureen A. Leehey and Randi J. Hagerman -- Genetic Counseling for FXTAS and FMR1-Associated Disorders / Louise W. Gane, Katherine Howard and Liane Abrams.
- From nucleic acids sequences to molecular medicine 2012, Springer
- Functional genomics 2003, Springer Protocols
- Functional genomics and proteomics in the clinical neurosciences. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Functional microbial genomics 2002, ScienceDirect
- Fundamentals of data mining in genomics and proteomics 2007, Springer
- Gadd45 stress sensor genes 2013, SpringerEmerging evidence indicates that the Gadd45 family of genes play a unique and critical role as sensors of stress, including genotoxic, physiological and oncogenic stress. The stress response Gadd45 family of genes (Gadd45a, Gadd45b & Gadd45g), discovered by Dr. Liebermann and other researchers, encode for small (18 kd) nuclear/cytoplasmic proteins).These genes are rapidly induced by a wide variety of endogenous and exogenous stress stimuli. In spite of marked similarities, Gadd45 genes are regulated differently & exhibit functional diversity. Gadd45 are implicated in cell cycle arrest, DNA demethylation & repair, apoptosis, cell survival, genomic stability, inflammation, & in response to physiological and oncogenic stress. Functions of Gadd45 genes are mediated by protein-protein interactions that modulate structure/function of other cellular proteins implicated in cell cycle regulation and the response of cells to stress; these interactions vary depending upon the biological setting including cell type, developmental stage and stress/stimulus. Protein partners include cdc2/cyclinB1, p21, the p38/JNK stress induced kinase pathways, and PCNA/histones. The purpose of this book is to provide a comprehensive picture of the unique global role Gadd45 genes play as stress sensors & the molecular pathways involved.
- Gene and protein evolution 2007., KargerCoevolution within and between genes / Galtier, N.; Dutheil, J. -- Evolution of protein-protein interaction network / Makino, T.; Gojobori, T. -- Bacterial flagella and type III secretion: case studies in the evolution of complexity / Pallen, M.J.; Gophna, U. -- Comparative genomics and evolutionary trajectories of viral ATP dependent DNA-packaging systems / Burroughs, A.M.; Iyer, L.M.; Aravind, L. -- General trends in the evolution of prokaryotic transcriptional regulatory networks / Madan Babu, M.; Balaji, S.; Aravind, L. -- Divergence of regulatory sequences in duplicated fish genes / Van Hellemont, R. ... [et al.] -- Evolution of gene function on the X chromosome versus the autosomes / Singh, N.D.; Petrov, D.A. -- Amino acid repeats and the structure and evolution of proteins / Albà, M.M.; Tompa, P.; Veitia, R.A. -- Origination of chimeric genes through DNA-level recombination / Arguello, J.R. ... [et al.] -- Exaptation of protein coding sequences from transposable elements / Bowen, N.J.; Jordan, I.K. -- Modulation of host genes by mammalian transposable elements / Makalowski, W.; Toda, Y. -- Modern genomes with retro-look: retrotransposed elements, retroposition and the origin of new genes / Volff, J.-N.; Brosius, J.
- Gene biotechnology. Third Edition [3rd ed.]. 2011, CRCnetBASE"The third edition of this popular reference covers a variety of techniques related to gene manipulation, including DNA isolation, preparation, screening, and analysis. Topics range from very basic methods to current and sophisticated technologies, including methodologies created and tested by the authors. Other topics include approaches to grant funding and SiRNA technology. The authors offer detailed, step-by-step explanations of protocols and helpful troubleshooting guides. This edition features new techniques for every chapter, as well as several new chapters"--Provided by publisher.
- Gene delivery to mammalian cells 2003, Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Nonviral gene transfer techniques -- v. 2. Viral gene transfer techniques.
- Gene expression and regulation 2006, Springer
- Gene expression profiling 2004, Springer Protocols
- Gene function analysis 2007, Springer ProtocolsGene function inference from gene expression of deletion mutants / Ghislain Bidaut -- Association analysis for large-scale gene set data / Stefan A. Kirov, Bing Zhang, and Jay R. Snoddy -- Estimating gene function with least squares nonnegative matrix factorization / Guoli Wang and Michael F. Ochs -- From promoter analysis to transcriptional regulatory network prediction using PAINT / Gregory E. Gonye ... [et al.] -- Prediction of intrinsic disorder and its use in functional proteomics / Vladimir N. Uversky ... [et al.] -- Sybil : methods and software for multiple genome comparison and visualization / Jonathan Crabtree ... [et al.] -- Estimating protein function using protein-protein relationships / Shailesh V. Date -- Bioinformatics tools for modeling transcription factor target genes and epigenetic changes / Ramana V. Dvuluri -- Mining biomedical data using MetaMap Transfer (MMTx) and the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) / John D. Osborne ... [et al.] -- Statistical methods for identifying differentially expressed gene combinations / Yen-Yi Ho ... [et al.] -- Gene function analysis using the chicken B-cell line DT40 / Randolph B. Caldwell ... [et al.] -- Design and application of a shRNA-based gene replacement retrovirus / Rugang Zhang, Peter D. Adams, and Xiaofen Ye -- Construction of simple and efficient DNA vector-based short hairpin RNA expression systems for specific gene silencing in mammalian cells / Tsung-Lin Cheng and Wen-Tsan Chang -- Selection of recombinant antibodies from antibody gene libraries / Michael Hust, Stefan Dübel, and Thomas Schirrmann -- A bacterial/yeast merged two-hybrid system : protocol for yeast screening with single of parallel baits / Nadezhda Y. Tikhmyanova ... [et al.] -- A bacterial/yeast merged two-hybrid system : protocol for bacterial screening / Ilya G. Serebriiskii, Nadia Milech, and Erica A. Golemis -- Engineering Cys2His2 zinc finger domains using a bacterial cell-based two-hybrid selection system / Stacey Thibodeau-Beganny and J. Keith Joung.
- Gene knockout protocols. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsOverview on mouse mutagenesis / Ralf Kühn and Wolfgang Wurst -- Construction of gene-targeting vectors by recombineering / Song-Choon Lee, Wei Wang, and Pentao Liu -- Gene-trap vectors and mutagenesis / Silke De-Zolt ... [et al.] -- Chromosome engineering in ES cells / Louise vander Weyden, Charles Shaw-Smith, and Allan Bradley -- Gene modification in embryonic stem cells by single-stranded DNA oligonucleotides / Marieke Aarts ... [et al.] -- Generation of shRNA transgenic mice / Christiane Hitz ... [et al.] -- Mutagenesis of mouse embryonic stem cells with ethylmethanesulfonate / Robert Munroe and John Schimenti -- Gene targeting in mouse embryonic stem cells / Lino Tessarollo ... [et al.] -- Manipulating mouse embryonic stem cells / Eileen Southon and Lino Tessarollo -- ES cell line establishment / Heidrun Kern and Branko Zevnik -- Generation of double-knockout embryonic stem cells / Eva Wielders, Marleen Dekker, and Hein te Riele -- Differentiation analysis of pluripotent mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells in vitro / Insa S. Schroeder ... [et al.] -- Cloning of ES cells and mice by nuclear transfer / Sayaka Wakayama, Satoshi Kishigami, and Teruhiko Wakayama -- Isolation, microinjection, and transfer of mouse blastocysts / Susan W. Reid and Lino Tessarollo -- Aggregation chimeras : combining ES cells, diploid, and tetraploid embryos / Mika Tanaka ... [et al.] -- VelociMouse : fully ES cell-derived F0-generation mice obtained from the injection of ES cells into eight-cell-stage embryos / Thomas M. DeChiara ... [et al.] -- Generation of Cre recombinase-expressing transgenic mice using bacterial artificial chromosomes / Jan Rodriguez Parkitna, David Engblom, and Günther Schütz -- Inducible Cre mice / Susanne Feil, Nadejda Valtcheva, and Robert Feil -- Creation and use of a Cre recombinase transgenic database / Andras Nagy, Lynn Mar, and Graham Watts -- Transposon mutagenesis in mice / David A. Largaespada -- Lentiviral transgenesis / Alexander Pfeifer and Andreas Hofmann -- Sperm cryopreservation and in vitro fertilization / Susan Marschall, Auke Boersma, and Martin Hrabé de Angelis -- Influence of genetic background on genetically engineered mouse phenotypes / Thomas Doetschman -- Pathologic phenotyping of mutant mice / Roderick T. Bronson -- Systemic first-line phenotyping / Valérie Gailus-Durner ... [et al.]
- Gene mapping, discovery, and expression 2006, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of allele-specific gene expression / Julian C. Knight -- Construction of microRNA-containing vectors for expression in mammalian cells / Yoko Fukuda, Hiroaki Kawasaki, and Kazunari Taira -- Mining microarray data at NCBI's gene expression omnibus (GEO) / Tanya Barrett and Ron Edgar -- The Stanford microarray database: a user's guide / Jeremy Gollub, Catherine A. Ball, and Gavin Sherlock -- Detecting nucleosome ladders on unique DNA sequences in mouse liver nuclei / Tomara J. Fleury, Alfred Cioffi, and Arnold Stein -- DNA methyltransferase probing of DNA-protein interactions / Scott A. Hoose and Michael P. Kladde -- Protein binding microarrays (PBMS) for rapid, high-throughput characterization of the sequence specificities of DNA binding proteins / Michael F. Berger and Martha L. Bulyk -- Quantitative profiling of protein-DNA binding on microarrays / Jiannis Ragoussis, Simon Field, and Irina A. Udalova -- Analysis of protein-DNA binding by streptavidin-agarose pulldown / Kenneth K. Wu -- Isolation and mass spectrometry of specific DNA binding proteins / Mariana Yaneva and Paul Tempst -- Isolation of transcription factor complexes by in vivo biotinylation tagging and direct binding to streptavidin beads / Patrick Rodriguez ... [et al.].Use of genome browsers to locate your favorite genes / Minou Bina -- Methods for identifying and mapping recent segmental and gene duplications in eukaryotic genomes / Razi Khaja ... [et al.] -- Identification and mapping of paralogous genes on a known genomic DNA sequence / Minou Bina -- Quantitative DNA fiber mapping in genome research and construction of physical maps / Heinz-Ulrich G. Weier and Lisa W. Chu -- PRINS for mapping single copy genes / Avirachan T. Tharapel and Stephen S. Wachtel -- VISTA family of computational tools for comparative analysis of DNA sequences and whole genomes / Inna Dubchak and Dmitriy V. Ryaboy -- Computational prediction of cis-Regulatory modules from multispecies alignments using galaxy, table browser, and GALA / Laura Elnitski, David King, and Ross C. Hardison -- Comparative promoter analysis in vertebrate genomes with the CORG workbench / Christoph Dieterich and Martin Vingron -- cis-Regulatory region analysis using BEARR / Vinsensius Berlian Vega -- A database of 9-Mers from promoter region of human protein-coding genes / Minou Bina, Phillip Wyss, and Syed Rehan Shah -- A program toolkit for the analysis of regulatory regions of genes / Phillip Wyss, Sheryl A. Lazarus, and Minou Bina --
- Gene profiles in drug design 2008, CRCnetBASEA perspective on the future clinical impact of genetic diagnosis and gene-based drug therapies for patient health / Julian W. Tang -- Virally-encoded microRNA (miRNA): candidates for gene silencing / Ralph A. Tripp ... [et al.] -- Development of gene profile-responsive antisense agents / Sergei A. Kazakov and Brian H. Johnston -- Gene profiles in drug development: applications in target identification, biomarker discovery, and compound characterization / Eric A.G. Blomme and Dimitri Semizarov -- Gene profiles and cancer / Beverly A. Teicher -- RNA viruses and RNA-based drugs: a perfect match for RNA delivery and the identification of candidate therapeutic target inflammatory molecules / Brett A. Lidbury ... [et al.] -- Ethical considerations for a genetic future in diagnosis and drug development / Lexie Brans and Brett A. Lidbury.
- Gene silencing by RNA interference 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Gene therapy 2010, Springer
- Gene therapy protocols. 3rd ed. v. 1-, 2008-, Springer Protocolsv. 1. Production and in vivo applications of gene transfer vectors. Preparation and quantification of pseudotyped retroviral vector / Hong Yu and Young Jik Kwon. Production of retroviral vectors for clinical use / Kenneth Cornetta, Lilith Reeves, and Scott Cross. Methods for the production of helper-dependent adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Methods for the production of first generation adenoviral vectors / Donna J. Palmer and Philip Ng. Large-scale production of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors / Alejandro Negrete and Robert M. Kotin. Construction and production of recombinant herpes simplex virus vectors / William F. Goins ... [et al.] Plasmid-based gene transfer in mouse skeletal muscle by electroporation / Jonathan D. Schertzer and Goron S. Lynch. Chitosan nanoparticle-mediated gene transfer / Dongwon Lee and Shyam S. Mohapatra. PEG-PEI copolymers for oligonucleotide delivery to cells and tissues / Gordon J. Lutz, Shashank R. Sirsi, and Jason H. Williams. Non-viral gene delivery with cationic liposome-DNA complexes / Kai K. Ewert ... [et al.] Applications of lentiviral vectors in noninvasive molecular imaging / Abhijit De ... [et al.] Retroviral modification of mesenchymal stem cells for gene therapy of hemophilia A / Christopher B. Doering. Transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cells and in vivo selection of gene-modified cells / Lucienne M. Ide, Elisabeth Javazon, and H. Trent Spencer. Assessment of CFTR function after gene transfer in vitro and in vivo / Uta Griesenbach ... [et al.] Oncolytic adenoviruses for cancer gene therapy / Ta-Chiang Liu, Stephen H. Thorne, and David H. Kirn. Design of trans-splicing adeno-associated viral vectors for Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene therapy / Yi Lai ... [et al.] Prevention of type 1 diabetes in NOD mice by genetic engineering of hematopoietic stem cells / Jessamyn Bagley, Charoui Tian, and John Iacomini. Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells / Mingjie Li and John J. Rossi. Nanoparticle-mediated gene delivery to the lung / Rajagopal Ramesh. Retroviral-mediated gene therapy for the differentiation of primary cells into a mineralizing osteoblastic phenotype / Jennifer E. Phillips and Andrés J. García. In vivo siRNA delivery to the mouse hypothalamus shows a role of the co-chaperone XAP2 in regulating TRH transcription / Stéphanie Decherf, Zahra Hassani, and Barbara A. Demeneix. Efficient retroviral gene transfer to epidermal stem cells / Pedro Lei and Stelios T. Andreadis.
- Gene transfer and expression in mammalian cells 2003, ScienceDirect
- Generation of cDNA libraries 2003, Springer Protocols
- GeneReviews NCBI Bookshelf
- Genes and cardiovascular function 2011, Springerpt. 1. Genes and the heart -- pt. 2. Development and gender -- pt. 3. Mitochondrial diseases -- pt. 4. Ischemic heart disease -- pt. 5. Hypertension and arrhythmias -- pt. 6. Hypertrophy and failure.
- Genes, development, and cancer. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Genes, memes, culture, and mental illness 2010, SpringerGenes and mental illness -- How does stress work? the role of memes in epigenesis -- Culture and mental illness -- Genetic-memetic model of mental illness-migration and natural disasters as illustrations -- What do we inherit from our parents and ancestors? -- Genes -- Evolution -- Learning, imitation, and memes -- Storage and evolution of memes in the brain -- External storage of memes: culture, media, cyberspace -- Culture and the individual -- What is mental health -- What is mental illness? -- Psychiatric diagnosis: toward a memetic-epigenetic multiaxial model -- Memetic diagnosis, memetic assessment and biopsychosocial epigenetic formulation -- Principles of memetic therapy -- Broad-spectrum memetic therapy -- Specific memetic therapies -- Genetic-memetic prevention -- Overview of specific syndromes -- Attention-cognition spectrum syndromes: delirium, dementia, impulse control syndromes, ADHD, antisocial personality, obsessive-compulsive personality traits, obsessive-compulsive syndrome -- Anxiety-mood spectrum syndromes: anxiety, panic, phobias, ASD, PTSD, borderline syndrome, dependent and avoidant personalities, social phobia, bipolarity and mania, depression-neurotic and syndromic, adjustment disorders -- Reality perception spectrum syndromes (imagination, dissociation, conversion, somatoform, misattribution somatization, psychosis) -- Pleasure spectrum syndromes (substance use/abuse, additions to substances and beliefs, fanaticism) -- Primary memetic syndromes: eating disorders, factitious disorders, malingering, meme-directed destructive behaviors -- Challenges for the future.
- Genetic code and the origin of life 2004, SpringerThe early earth / Oliver Botta and Jeffrey L. Bada -- Reconstructing the universal tree of life / James R. Brown -- The nature of the last common ancestor / Luis Delaye, Arturo Becerra, and Antonio Lazcano -- Ribozyme-catalyzed genetics / Donald H. Burke -- The scope of selection / Michael Yarus and Rob Knight -- The evolutionary history of the translation machinery / George E. Fox and Ashwinikumar K. Naik -- Functional evolution of ribosomes / C. Briones and R. Amils -- Aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases as clues to establishment of the genetic code / Lluis Ribas de Pouplana and Paul Schimmel -- The relation between function, structure, and evolution of elongation factors Tu / Mathias Sprinzl -- Origin and evolution of DNA and DNA replication machineries / Patrick Forterre, Jonathan Filée, and Hannu Myllykallio -- Early evolution of DNA repair mechanisms / Jocelyne DiRuggiero and Frank T. Robb -- Extant variations in the genetic code / Manuel A.S. Santos and Mick F. Tuite -- Adaptive evolution of the genetic code / Rob D. Knight, S.J. Freeland, and Laura F. Landweber -- Expanding the genetic code in vitro and in vivo / Thomas J. Magliery and David R. Liu.
- Genetic democracy 2008, SpringerIntroduction : the scope and importance of genetic democracy /Veikko Launis --The prerequisites for genetic democracy /Helena Siipi --Ethical expertise in democratic societies /Eerik Lagerspetz --Towards global bioethics : the UNESCO universal declaration on bioethics and human rights /Henk ten Have --Autonomy and genetic privacy /Juha Räikkä --Values, rights and GMO : against radicalism --The precautionary principle and the risks of modern agri-biotechnology /Marko Ahteensuu --Population databanks and democracy in light of the Icelandic experience /Vilhjálmur Árnason and Stefán Hjörleifsson --Equality and community in public deliberation : genetic democracy in Taiwan /Terence Hua Tai and Wen-Tsong Chiou --Genetic resources, genetic democracy and genetic equity /Keekok Lee --Moral constraints on permissible genetic design /Thomas Pogge.
- Genetic disorders among Arab populations. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Genetic engineering v. 27-, 2006-, Springerv. 28, 2007 Springer
- Genetic engineering of mesenchymal stem cells 2006, Springer
- Genetic epidemiology 2009, Springer ProtocolsMolecular Genetics and Genetic Variation / Mohammed-Elfatih Twfieg, M. Dawn Teare -- Terminology, Concepts, and Models in Genetic Epidemiology / M. Dawn Teare, Mauro F. Koref -- An Introduction to Epidemiology / Cother Hajat -- Genetic Distance and Markers Used in Linkage Mapping / Kristina Allen-Brady, Nicola J. Camp -- Approaches to Genetic Linkage Analysis / M. Dawn Teare -- Fine-Scale Structure of the Genome and Markers Used in Association Mapping / Karen Curtin, Nicola J. Camp -- Genome-Wide Association Studies / Mark M. Iles -- Candidate Gene Association Studies / M. Dawn Teare -- Family-Based Association Studies / Frank Dudbridge -- Genome Variation: A Review of Web Resources / Andrew Collins, William J. Tapper -- Advanced Methods in Twin Studies / Jaakko Kaprio, Karri Silventoinen -- Mendelian Randomisation: A Tool for Assessing Causality in Observational Epidemiology / Nuala A. Sheehan, Sha Meng, Vanessa Didelez -- Copy Number Variation / Louise V. Wain, Martin D. Tobin -- Epigenetic Variation / Kevin Walters -- Modeling the Effect of Susceptibility Factors (HLA and PTPN22) in Rheumatoid Arthritis / Hervé Perdry, Françoise Clerget-Darpoux -- Coronary Artery Disease: An Example Case Study / Jennifer H. Barrett -- The Genetic Epidemiology of Obesity: A Case Study / Laura M. Johnson.
- Genetic landscape of diabetes 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Genetic recombination 2004, Springer ProtocolsDetermination of mitotic recombination rates by fluctuation analysis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Rachelle Miller Spell and Sue Jinks-Robertson -- Determination of intrachromosomal recombination rates in cultured mammalian cells / Jason A. Smith and Alan S. Waldman -- Intrachromosomal homologous recombination in Arabidopsis thaliana / Waltraud Schmidt-Puchta, Nadiya Orel, Anzhela Kyryk, and Holger Puchta -- Analysis of recombinational repair of DNA double-strand breaks in mammalian cells with I-SceI nuclease / Jac A. Nickoloff and Mark A. Brenneman -- Transformation of monomorphic and pleomorphic Trypanosoma brucei / Richard McCulloch, Erik Vassella, Peter Burton, Michael Boshart, and J. David Barry -- Forward genetic screens for meiotic and mitotic recombination-defective mutants in mice / Laura Reinholdt, Terry Ashley, John Schimenti, and Naoko Shima -- Detecting carcinogens with the yeast DEL assay / Richard J. Brennan and Robert H. Schiestl --In vivo DNA deletion assay to detect environmental and genetic predisposition to cancer / Ramune Reliene, Alexander J. R. Bishop, Jiri Aubrecht, and Robert H. Schiestl -- Gene targeting at the chromosomal immunoglobulin locus: a model system for the study of mammalian homologous recombination mechanisms / Mark D. Baker -- DNA fragment transplacement in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: some genetic considerations / Glenn M. Manthey, Michelle S. Navarro, and Adam M. Bailis -- Targeted gene modification using triplex-forming oligonucleotides / Jean Y. Kuan and Peter M. Glazer -- Using nucleases to stimulate homologous recombination / Dana Carroll -- Enhancement of in vivo targeted nucleotide exchange by nonspecific carrier DNA / Katie K. Maguire and Eric B. Kmiec -- The use of the chromatin immunoprecipitation to investigate protein-DNA interactions during recombination / Tamara Goldfarb and Eric Alani -- Holliday junction branch migration and resolution assays / Angelos Constantinou and Stephen C. West.
- Genetic variation in taste sensitivity 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Genetically engineered food 2003, WileyPart 1.Application and Perspectives --ch. 1.Transgenic Modification of Production Traits in Farm Animals /Mathias Müller and Gottfried Brem --ch. 2.Genetically Modified Plants /Susanne Stirn and Horst Lörz --ch. 3.Fermented Food Production using Genetically Modified Yeast and Filamentous Fungi /Anke Niederhaus and Ulf Stahl --ch. 4.Production of Food Additives using Filamentous Fungi /Carsten M. Hjort --ch. 5.Perspectives of Genetic Engineering of Bacteria used in Food Fermentations /Arnold Geis --Part II.Legislation in Europe --ch. 6.The Legal Situation for Genetically Engineered Food in Europe /Rudolf Streinz and Lars O. Fuchs --Part III.Methods of Detection --ch. 7.Detection of Genetic Modifications: Some Basic Considerations /Knut J. Heller --ch. 8.DNA-based Methods for Detection of Genetic Modifications /Ralf Einspanier and Stephanie Rief --ch. 9.Genetic Engineering of Fishes and Methods for Detection /Hartmut Rehbein --ch. 10.Detection Methods for Genetically Modified Crops /Rolf Meyer --ch. 11.Methods to Detect the Application of Genetic Engineering in Composed and Processed Foods /Karl-Heinz Engel and Francisco Moreano --ch. 12.Mutations in Lactococcus lactis, and their Detection /Jan Kok and Bertus van den Burg --ch. 13.Detection Methods for Genetically Modified Microorganisms used in Food Fermentation /Walter P. Hammes, Christian Hertel and Torsten Bauer.
- Part I. Application and Perspectives -- ch. 1. Transgenic modification of production traits in farm animals / Gottfried Brem, Mathias Müller -- ch. 2. Genetically modified plants / Susanne Stirn, Horst Lörz -- ch. 3. Fermentation of food by means of genetically modified yeast and filamentous fungi / Rena Leisegang, Elke Nevoigt, Anja Spielvogel, Georg Kristan, Anke Niederhaus, Ulf Stahl -- ch. 4. Production of food additives using filamentous fungi / Carsten M. Hjort -- ch. 5. Genetic engineering of bacteria used in food fermentation / Arnold Geis -- Part II. Legislation in Europe -- ch. 6. The Legal situation for genetically engineered food in Europe / Rudolf Streinz, Jan Kalbheim -- Part III. Methods of Detection -- ch. 7. Detection of genetic modifications : some basic considerations / Knut J. Heller -- ch. 8. DNA-based methods for detection of genetic modifications / Ralf Einspanier -- ch. 9. Genetic engineering of fish, and methods of detection / Hartmut Rehbein -- ch. 10. Detection methods for genetically modified crops / Rolf Meyer -- ch. 11. Methods for detection of genetically modified organisms in composite and processed foods / Karl-Heinz Engel, Francisco Moreano, Alexandra Ehlert -- ch. 12. Mutations in Lactococcus lactis and their detection / Jan Kok, Bertus van den Burg -- ch. 13. Methods for detection of genetically modified microorganisms used in food fermentation processes / Walter P. Hammes, Christian Hertel, Torsten Bauer.
- Genetically engineered organisms 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Genetically modified organisms : concepts and methods -- Restriction enzymes : from their discovery to their applications -- Transforming growth factor-beta superfamily : animal models for development and disease -- Transfection of human neuroblastoma cells with Alzheimer's Disease brain hallmarks as a promising strategy to investigate the role of neurosteroidogenesis in neuroprotection -- Investigating therapeutic strategies for Fragile X syndrome in mice -- Innovative therapeutic perspectives in neuromuscular diseases -- Gene therapy for cancer treatment : state of the art -- Manipulating the mitochondrial genetic system.
- Genetics and randomness 2010, CRCnetBASELimits and uncertainty in nature and logic -- Quantum fluctuations, mutations, and "fixation" of uncertainty -- Recombination and randomness -- Uncertainty of development -- Organized randomness -- Random genetic drift and "deterministic" selection -- Life : making uncertainty certain.
- Genetics and sports 2009, KargerKey concepts in human genetics : understanding the complex phenotype / W.T. Gibson -- Nature versus nurture in determining athletic ability / T.D. Brutsaert, E.J. Parra -- Genetics and sports : an overview of the pre-molecular biology era / M.W. Peeters ... [et al.] -- Genes, athlete status, and training : an overview / I.I. Ahmetov, V.A. Rogozkin -- Angiotensin : converting enzyme, renin-angiotensin system and human performance / D. Woods -- Actinin-3 and performance / N. yang, F. Garton, K. North -- East African runners : their genetics, lifestyle, and athletic prowess / V.O. Onywera -- Gene-lifestyle interactions and their consequences on human health / J. Pomeroy, A.M. Söderberg, P.W. Franks -- Genetic risk factors for musculoskeletal soft tissue injuries / M. Collins, S.M. Raleigh -- Innovative strategies for treatment of soft tissue injuries in human and animal athletes / A. Hoffmann, G. Gross -- Gene doping : possibilities and practicalities / D.J. Wells -- Genetic testing of athletes / A.G. Williams, H. Wackerhage -- The future of genetic research in exercise science and sports medicine / R.J. Trent, B. Yu.
- Genetics for surgeons 2005, NCBI Bookshelf
- Genetics of colorectal cancer 2009, Springer
- Genome dynamics and stability v. 1-, 2007-, Springer
- Genome instability in cancer development 2005, Springer
- Genome mapping and genomics in animal-associated microbes 2009, Springer
- Genome mapping and genomics in arthropods 2008, SpringerHoneybee / D. Schlipalius, P.R. Ebert, G.J. Hunt -- Bumblebee / L. Wilfert, P. Schmid-Hempel, J. Gadau -- The jewel wasp - Nasonia / J. Gadau ... [et al.] -- Silkworm / Y. Yasukochi, H. Fujii, M.R. Goldsmith -- Pea aphid / J.A. Brisson, G.K. Davis -- Mosquito / D.W. Severson -- Hessian fly / J.J. Stuart, M.-S. Chen, M.O. Harris -- Tick / A.J. Ullmann, J.J. Stuart, C.A. Hill.
- Genome mapping and genomics in fishes and aquatic animals 2008, Springer
- Genomes and genomics of nitrogen-fixing organisms 2005, Springer
- Genomes. 2nd ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Genomic imprinting 2008, SpringerDNA methylation reprogramming in the germ line / Diane J. Lees-Murdock and Colum P. Walsh -- Control of imprinting at the GNAS cluster / Jo Peters and Christine M. Williamson -- The GNAS locus and pseudohypoparathyroidism / Murat Bastepe -- Imprinted genes, postnatal adaptations, and enduring effects on energy homeostasis / Margalida Frontera ... [et al.] -- What are imprinted genes doing in the brain? / William Davies ... [et al.] --Genomic imprinting and human psychology : cognition, behavior, and pathology / Lisa M. Goos and Gillian Ragsdale -- Genomic imprinting in plants / Olivier Garnier, Sylvia Laouiellé-Duprat, and Charles Spillane -- Imprinted genes and human disease : an evolutionary perspective / Francisco Úbeda and Jon F. Wilkins -- Evolutionary theories of imprinting ; enough already! / Tom Moore and Walter Mills.
- Genomics and proteomics in nutrition 2004, CRCnetBASEPart I: Mouse models of human diseases and gene transcription. 1. Genetic modifiers in rodent models of obesity / Yun Wang, Patsy M. Nishina, and Jurgen K. Naggert -- 2. Quantitative trait loci in obesity and type II diabetes in rodents / Jung Han Kim -- 3. The human sweet tooth and its relationship to obesity / Amanda H. McDaniel and Danielle R. Reed -- 4. The adipose renin-angiotensin system: genetics, regulation, and physiologic function / Brynn H. Voy ... [et al.] -- 5. Regulation of fat synthesis and adipogenesis / Kee-Hong Kim ... [et al.] -- 6. Transcriptional regulation of energy metabolism in liver / Manabu T. Nakamura. Part II: Genomics: large-scale analysis of gene expression by microarray. 7. Design and analysis of microarray studies for obesity research / Marie-Pierre St.-Onge ... [et al.] -- 8. Solving clinical problems in nutrition research with microarrays / Steven R. Smith ... [et al.] -- 9. Genomic approaches to understanding vitamin D action / James C. Fleet -- 10. Gene expression profiling in adipose tissue / Naima Moustaid-Moussa ... [et al.] -- 11. Phytochemicals and gene expression / Orsolya Mezei and Neil F. Shay --12. Gene expression profiling of immune cells: application for understanding aging of immune cells / Sung Nim Han and Simin Nikbin Meydani -- 13. Improving the nutritional value of cereal grains using a genomic approach / Liang Shi and Tong Zhu. Part III: Proteomics: large-scale analysis of protein expression and regulation. 14. Proteomics and genomics to detail responses to extracellular stimuli / James A. Carroll and Clayton E. Mathews -- 15. 2D gel proteomics studies on leukocytes / Ivan C. Gerling and Michael J. Pabst -- 16. Proteomics: tools for nutrition research in the postgenomic era / Arthur Grider -- 17. Proteomic analysis of the adipocyte secretome / Nieves Ibarrola, Akhilesh Pandey, and Chaerkady Raghothama -- 18. Mass spectrometry strategies for proteomic studies / Maya Belghazi and Helene Rogniaux -- Bioinformatics tools / Simon M. Lin, Kimberly F. Johnson, and Seth W. Kullman -- 20. Statistical principles for analysis of array experiments / Arnold M. Saxton and E. Barry Moser.
- Genomics protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsProtein profiling based on two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Gert Van den Bergh and Lutgarde Arckens -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using isotope-coded affinity tags / Arsalan S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Quantitative protein profiling by mass spectrometry using label-free proteomics / Arsala S. Haqqani, John F. Kelly, and Danica B. Stanimirovic -- Using 2D-LC-MS/MS to identify Francisella tularensis peptides in extracts from an infected mouse macrophage cell line / John F. Kelly and Wen Ding -- Baculovirus expression vector system : an emerging host for high-throughput eukaryotic protein expression / Binesh Shrestha, Carol Smee, and Opher Gileadi -- Coimmunoprecipitation and proteomic analyses / S. Fabio Falsone, Bernd Gesslbauer, and Andreas J. Kungl -- Tandem affinity purification combined with mass spectrometry to identify components of protein complexes / Peter Kaiser ... [et al.] -- Mammalian two-hybrid assay for detecting protein-protein interactioins in vivo / Runtao He and Xuguang Li -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in live cells and animals with split firefly luciferase protein fragment complementation / Victor Villalobos, Snehal Naik, and David Piwnica-Worms -- Subcellular localization of intracellular human proteins by construction of tagged fusion proteins and transient expression in COS-7 cells / John E. Collins -- GeneFAS : a tool for the prediction of gene function using multiple sources of data / Trupti Joshi ... [et al.] --Comparative genomics-based prediction of protein function / Toni Gabaldón -- Design, manufacture, and assay of the efficacy of siRNAs for gene silencing / Louise A. Dawson and Badar A. Usmani.Whole genome amplification with Phi29 DNA polymerase to enable genetic or genomic analysis of samples of low DNA yield / Kaisa Silander and Janna Saarela -- Scanning for DNA variants by denaturant capillary electrophoresis / Per O. Ekstrøm -- Identification of SNPs, or mutations in sequence chromatograms / Nicole Draper -- BeadArray-based genotyping / Helen Butler and Jiannis Ragoussis -- Microsattelite-based candidate gene linkage analysis studies / Cathryn Mellersh -- Full complexity genomic hybridization on 60-mer oligonucleotide microarrays for array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) / Alexei Protopopov, Bin Feng, and Lynda Chin -- Detection of copy number changes at multiple loci in DNA prepared from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue by multiplex ligation -dependent probe amplification / Minoru Takata -- Application of microarrays for DNA methylation profiling / Axel Schumacher, Andreas Weinhäusl, and Arturas Petronis -- Genomewide identification of protein binding locations using chromatin immunoprecipitation coupled with microarray / Byung-Kwan Cho, Eric M. Knight, and Bernhard Ø. Palsson -- Transcriptional profiling of small samples in the central nervous system / Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Quantitative expression profiling of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues using randomly assembled bead arrays / Marina Bibikova ... [et al.] -- Expression profiling of microRNAs in cancer cells : technical considerations / Mouldy Sioud and Lina Cekaite -- Identification of disease biomarkers by profiling of serum proteins using SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry / Sigrun Langbein -- The applicability of a cluster of differentiation monoclonal antibody microarray to the diagnosis of human disease / Peter Ellmark ... [et al.] --
- Germ cell development in C. elegans 2013, Springer
- Germ cell protocols v. 1-2, 2004, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2004 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Sperm and oocyte analysis -- v. 2. Molecular embryo analysis, live imaging, transgenesis, and cloning.
- Introduction to DNA Microarray Technology, p. 1-22 -- Overview of Data Analysis, p. 23-24 -- Image Analysis, p. 25-31 -- Basic Data Analysis, p. 33-53 -- Visualization by Reduction of Dimensionality, p. 55-62 -- Cluster Analysis, p. 63-76 -- Beyond Cluster Analysis, p. 77-82 -- Automated Analysis, Integrated Analysis, and Systems Biology, p. 83-88 -- Reverse Engineering of Regulatory Networks, p. 89-100 -- Molecular Classifiers, p. 101-110 -- The Design of Probes for Arrays, p. 111-117 -- Genotyping and Resequencing Chips, p. 119-122 -- Experiment Design and Interpretation of Results, p. 123-129 -- Software Issues and Data Formats, p. 131-140 -- Appendix A. Web Resources: Commercial Software Packages, p. 141-143.
- Guide to techniques in mouse development. Part B, Mouse molecular genetics 2010, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of behavior genetics 2009, Springer
- Handbook of genomics and the family 2010, Springer
- Handbook of glycomics. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of RNA biochemistry 2005, WileyPart I. RNA Synthesis - Enzymatic RNA Synthesis, Ligation and Modification -- Chapter 1. Enzymatic RNA Synthesis using Bacteriophage T7 RNA Polymerase / Heike Gruegelsiepe, Astrid Schön, Leif A. Kirsebom and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 3-21 -- Chapter 2. Production of RNAs with Homogeneous 5' and 3' Ends / Mario Mörl, Esther Lizano, Dagmar K. Willkomm and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 22-35 -- Chapter 3. RNA Ligation using T4 DNA Ligase / Mikko J. Frilander and Janne J. Turunen, p. 36-52 -- Chapter 4. T4 RNA Ligase / Tina Persson, Dagmar K. Willkomm and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 53-74 -- Chapter 5. Co- and Post-Transcriptional Incorporation of Specific Modifications Including Photoreactive Groups into RNA Molecules / Nathan H. Zahler and Michael E. Harris, p. 75-85 -- Chapter 6. 3'-Terminal Attachment of Fluorescent Dyes and Biotin / Dagmar K. Willkomm and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 86-94 -- Part I. RNA Synthesis - Chemical RNA Synthesis -- Chapter 7. Chemical RNA Synthesis, Purification and Analysis / Brian S. Sproat, p. 95-111 -- Chapter 8. Modified RNAs as Tools in RNA Biochemistry / Thomas E. Edwards and Snorri T. H. Sigurdsson, p. 112-129 -- Part II. Structure Determination - Molecular Biology Methods -- Chapter 9. Direct Determination of RNA Sequence and Modification by Radiolabeling Methods / Olaf Gimple and Astrid Schön, p. 132-150 -- Chapter 10. Probing RNA Structures with Enzymes and Chemicals In Vitro and In Vivo / Eric Huntzinger, Maria Possedko, Flore Winter, Hervé Moine, Chantal Ehresmann and Pascale Romby, p. 151-171 -- Chapter 11. Study of RNA-Protein Interactions and RNA Structure in Ribonucleoprotein Particles / Virginie Marchand, Annie Mougin, Agnès Méreau and Christiane Branlant, p. 172-204 -- Chapter 12. Terbium(III) Footprinting as a Probe of RNA Structure and Metal-binding Sites / Dinari A. Harris and Nils G. Walter, p. 205-213 -- Chapter 13. Pb²⁺-induced Cleavage of RNA / Leif A. Kirsebom and Jerzy Ciesiolka, p. 214-228 -- Chapter 14. In Vivo Determination of RNA Structure by Dimethylsulfate / Christina Waldsich and Renée Schroeder, p. 229-237 -- Chapter 15. Probing Structure and Binding Sites on RNA by Fenton Cleavage / Gesine Bauer and Christian Berens, p. 238-249 -- Chapter 16. Measuring the Stoichiometry of Magnesium Ions Bound to RNA / A. J. Andrews and Carol Fierke, p. 250-258 -- Chapter 17. Nucleotide Analog Interference Mapping and Suppression: Specific Applications in Studies of RNA Tertiary Structure, Dynamic Helicase Mechanism and RNA-Protein Interactions, p. 259-293 / Olga Fedorova, Marc Boudvillain, Jane Kawaoka and Anna Marie Pyle -- Chapter 18. Nucleotide Analog Interference Mapping: Application to the RNase P System / Simona Cuzic and Roland K. Hartmann, p. 294-318 -- Chapter 19. Identification and Characterization of Metal Ion Binding by Thiophilic Metal Ion Rescue / Eric L. Christian, p. 319-344 -- Chapter 20. Identification of Divalent Metal Ion Binding Sites in RNA/DNA-metabolizing Enzymes by Fe(II)-mediated Hydroxyl Radical Cleavage / Yan-Guo Ren, Niklas Henriksson and Anders Virtanen, p. 345-353 -- Chapter 21. Protein-RNA Crosslinking in Native Ribonucleoprotein Particles / Henning Urlaub, Klaus Hartmuth and Reinhard Lührmann, p. 354-373 -- Chapter 22. Probing RNA Structure by Photoaffinity Crosslinking with 4-Thiouridine and 6-Thioguanosine / Michael E. Harris and Eric L. Christian, p. 374-384 -- Part II. Structure Determination - Biophysical Methods -- Chapter 23. Structural Analysis of RNA and RNA-Protein Complexes by Small-angle X-ray Scattering / Tao Pan and Tobin R. Sosnick, p. 385-397 -- Chapter 24. Temperature-Gradient Gel Electrophoresis of RNA / Detlev Riesner and Gerhard Steger, p. 398-414 -- Chapter 25. UV Melting, Native Gels and RNA Conformation / Andreas Werner, p. 415-427 -- Chapter 26. Sedimentation Analysis of Ribonucleoprotein Complexes / Jan Medenbach, Andrey Damianov, Silke Schreiner and Albrecht Bindereif, p. 428-437 -- Chapter 27. Preparation and Handling of RNA Crystals / Boris François, Aurélie Lescoute-Phillips, Andreas Werner and Benoît Masquida, p. 438-452 -- Part II. Structure Determination - Fluorescence and Single Molecule Studies -- Chapter 28. Fluorescence Labeling of RNA for Single Molecule Studies / Filipp Oesterhelt, Enno Schweinberger and Claus Seidel, p. 453-474 -- Chapter 29. Scanning Force Microscopy and Scanning Force Spectroscopy of RNA / Wolfgang Nellen, p. 475-487 -- Part III. RNA Genomics and Bioinformatics - Fluorescence and Single Molecule Studies -- Chapter 30. Comparative Analysis of RNA Secondary Structure: 6S RNA / James W. Brow and J. Christopher Ellis, p. 490-512 -- Chapter 31. Secondary Structure Prediction / Gerhard Steger, p. 513-535 -- Chapter 32. Modeling the Architecture of Structured RNAs within a Modular and Hierarchical Framework, p. 536-545 / Benoît Masquida and Eric Westhof -- Chapter 33. Modeling Large RNA Assemblies using a Reduced Representation, p. 546-559 / Jason A. Mears, Scott M. Stagg and Stephen C. Harvey -- Chapter 34. Molecular Dynamics Simulations of RNA Systems / Pascal Auffinger and Andrea C. Vaiana, p. 560-576 -- Chapter 35. Seeking RNA Motifs in Genomic Sequences / Matthieu Legendre and Daniel Gautheret, p. 577-594 -- Chapter 36. Approaches to Identify Novel Non-messenger RNAs in Bacteria and to Investigate their Biological Functions: RNA Mining / Jörg Vogel, E. Gerhart and H. Wagner, p. 595-613 -- Chapter 37. Approaches to Identify Novel Non-messenger RNAs in Bacteria and to Investigate their Biological Functions: Functional Analysis of Identified Non-mRNAs / E. Gerhart, H. Wagner and Jörg Vogel, p. 614-642 -- Chapter 38. Experimental RNomics: A Global Approach to Identify Non-coding RNAs in Model Organisms / Alexander Hüttenhofer, p. 643-654 -- Chapter 39. Large-scale Analysis of mRNA Splice Variants by Microarray / Young-Soo Kwon, Hai-Ri Li and Xiang-Dong Fu, p. 655-663 -- Part IV. Analysis of RNA Function 665 - RNA-Protein Interactions in vitro -- Chapter 40. RNA-Protein Interactions in vitro / Steffen Schiffer, Sylvia Rösch, Bettina Späth, Markus Englert, Hildburg Beier and Anita Marchfelder, p. 666-675 -- Chapter 41. Biotin-based Affinity Purification of RNA-Protein Complexes / Zsofia Palfi, Jingyi Hui and Albrecht Bindereif, p. 676-693 -- Chapter 42. Immunoaffinity Purification of Spliceosomal and Small Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein Complexes / Cindy L. Will, Evgeny M. Makarov, Olga V. Makarova and Reinhard Lührmann, p. 694-709 -- Chapter 43. Northwestern Techniques for the Identification of RNA-binding Proteins from cDNA Expression Libraries and the Analysis of RNA-Protein Interactions / Ángel Emilio Martínez De Alba, Michela Alessandra Denti and Martin Tabler, p. 710-728 -- Part IV. Analysis of RNA Function 665 - RNA-Protein Interactions in vivo -- Chapter 44. Fluorescent Detection of Nascent Transcripts and RNA-binding Proteins in Cell Nuclei, p. 729-736 / Jennifer A. Geiger and Karla M. Neugebauer -- Chapter 45. Identification and Characterization of RNA-binding Proteins through Three-hybrid Analysis / Felicia Scott and David R. Engelke, p. 737-754 -- Chapter 46. Analysis of Alternative Splicing In Vivo using Minigenes / Yesheng Tang, Tatyana Novoyatleva, Natalya Benderska, Shivendra Kishore, Alphonse Thanaraj and Stefan Stamm, p. 755-782 -- Part IV. Analysis of RNA Function 665 - SELEX -- Chapter 47. Artificial Selection: Finding Function amongst Randomized Sequences / Ico de Zwart, Catherine Lozupone, Rob Knight, Amanda Birmingham, Mali Illangasekare, Vasant Jadhav, Michal Legiewicz, Irene Majerfeld, Jeremy Widmann and Michael Yarus, p. 783-806 -- Chapter 48. Aptamer Selection against Biological Macromolecules: Proteins and Carbohydrates / C. Stefan Vörtler and Maria Milovnikova, p. 807-839 -- Chapter 49. In Vivo SELEX Strategies / Thomas A. Cooper, p. 840-852 -- Chapter 50. In Vitro Selection against Small Targets / Dirk Eulberg, Christian Maasch, Werner G. Purschke and Sven Klussmann, p. 853-877 -- Chapter 51. SELEX Strategies to Identify Antisense and Protein Target Sites in RNA or Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein Complexes / Martin Lützelberger, Martin R. Jakobsen and Jørgen Kjems, p. 878-894 -- Chapter 52. Gene Silencing Methods for Mammalian Cells: Application of Synthetic Short Interfering RNAs / Matthias John, Anke Geick, Philipp Hadwiger, Hans-Peter Vomlocher and Olaf Heidenreich, p. 896-909 -- Appendix. UV Spectroscopy for the Quantitation of RNA, p. 910-913.
- Handbook of statistical genetics. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2007, Wiley
- Handbook of transcription factor NF-kappaB 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook on analyzing human genetic data 2010, Springer
- Hedgehog signaling protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsPurifying the hedgehog protein and its variants / Darren P. Baker, Frederick R. Taylor, and R. Blake Pepinsky -- Application of sonic hedgehog to the developing chick limb / Eva Tieck and Cheryll Tickle -- Manipulation of hedgehog signaling in Xenopus by means of embryo microinjection and application of chemical inhibitors / Thomas Hollemann .. [et al.] -- Isolation of rat telencephalic neural explants to assay Shh GABAergic interneuron differentiation-inducing activity / Rina Mady and Jhumku D. Kohtz -- Genetic analysis of the vertebrate hedgehog-signaling pathway using muscle cell fate specification in the zebrafish embryo / Sudipto Roy -- Efficient manipulation of hedgehog/GLI signaling using retroviral expression systems / Maria Kasper ... [et al.] -- Cell surface marker and cell cycle analysis, hedgehog signaling, and flow cytometry / Krsting Detmer and Ronald E. Garner -- Detecting tagged hedgehog with intracellular and extracellular immunocytochemistry for functional analysis / Ainhoa Callejo, Luis Quijada, and Isabel Guerrero -- Confocal analysis of hedgehog morphogenetic gradient coupled with fluorescent in situ hybridization of hedgehog target genes / Armel Gallet and Pascal P. Thérond -- RNA in the hedgehog signaling pathway : pFRiPE, a vector for temporally and spatially controlled RNAi in Drosophila / Eric Marois and Suzanne Eaton -- Germline clone analysis for maternally acting Drosophila hedgehog components / Erica M. Selva and Beth E. Stronach -- Clone analysis of hedgehog signaling in Drosophila somatic tissues / Christing M. Bankers and Joan E. Hooper -- GAL4/UAS targeted gene expression for studying Drosophila hedgehog signaling / Denise Bussona nd Anne-Marie Pret -- Biochemical fractionation of Drosophila cells / Melanie Stegman and David Robbins -- Using immunoprecipitation to study protein-protein interactions in the hedgehog-signaling pathway / Chao Ton and Jin Jiang -- Sequence analyses to study the evolutionary history and cis-regulatory elements of hedgehog genes / Ferenc Müller and Anne-Gaelle Borycki.
- Hereditary colorectal cancer 2010, Springer
- History of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC), c. 1980-2000 2012, Wellcome Trust
- Horizontal gene transfer 2009, Springer ProtocolsGene transfer: who benefits? / L. Olendzenski and J.P. Gogarten -- Defining the mobilome / J.L. Siefert -- The interplay of homologous recombination and horizontal gene transfer in bacterial speciation / J.G. Lawrence and A.C. Retchless -- Epistemological impacts of horizontal gene transfer on classification in microbiology / E. Bapteste and Y. Boucher -- Persistence mechanisms of conjugative plasmids / M.I. Bahl, L.H. Hansen and S.J. Sorensen -- The integron/gene cassette system: an active player in bacterial adaptation / M. Labbate, R.J. Case and H.W. Stokes -- Ancient gene transfer as a tool in phylogenetic reconstruction / J. Huang and J.P. Gogarten -- The tree of life viewed through the contents of genomes / C.H. House -- Horizontal gene transfer and the evolution of methanogenic pathways / G. Fournier -- Genome acquisition in horizontal gene transfer: symbiogenesis and macromolecular sequence analysis / L. Margulis -- Detection and quantitative assessment of horizontal gene transfer / O. Zhaxybayeva -- Composition-based methods to identify horizontal gene transfer / D. Cortez ... [et al.] -- Testing phylogenetic methods to identify horizontal gene transfer / M. Poptsova -- Untangling hybrid phylogenetic signals: horizontal gene transfer and artifacts of phylogenetic reconstruction / R.G. Beiko and M.A. Ragan -- Construction and use of flow cytometry optimized plasmid-sensor strains / M.I. Bahl ... [et al.] -- Experimental evolution of an essential Bacillus gene in an E. coli host / M. Larios-Sanz and M. Travisano -- Mass action models describing extant horizontal transfer of plasmids: inferences and parameter sensitivities / B.F. Smets and L. Lardon -- Interdomain transfers of sugar transporters overcome barriers to gene expression / K.M. Noll and K. Thirangoon --The role of horizontal gene transfer in photosynthesis, oxygen production, and oxygen tolerance / J. Raymond -- Horizontal gene transfer in cyanobacterial signature genes / S. Yerrapragada, J.L. Siefert and G.E. Fox -- Population genomics and the bacterial species concept / M.A. Riley and M. Lizotte-Waniewski -- A critique of prokaryotic species concepts / R.T. Papke -- What antimicrobial resistance has taught us about horizontal gene transfer / M. Barlow -- Potential for horizontal gene transfer in microbial communities of the terrestrial subsurface / J.M. Coombs -- Horizontal gene transfer and mobile genetic elements in marine systems / P.A. Sobecky and T.H. Hazen -- Horizontal gene transfer in metal and radionuclide contaminated soils / P.A. Sobecky and J.M. Coombs -- Horizontal gene transfer between microbial eukaryotes / J.O. Andersson -- Horizontal gene transfer in eukaryotic parasites: a case study of Entamoeba histolytica and Trichomonas vaginalis / U.C. Alsmark ... [et al.] -- Role of horizontal gene transfer in the evolution of photosynthetic eukaryotes and their plastids / P.J. Keeling -- Role of horizontal gene transfer in the evolution of plant parasitism among nematodes / M. Mitreva, G. Smant and J. Helder.
- Horizontal gene transfer. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- HOX gene expression 2007, Springer
- Hox genes 2012, SpringerRegulation of hox activity : insights from protein motifs / Samir Merabet ... [et al.] -- Cis-regulation in the drosophila : bithorax complex / Robert K. Maeda and François Karch -- Maintenance of hox gene expression patterns / Samantha Beck ... [et al.] -- Control of vertebrate hox clusters by remote and global cis-acting regulatory sequences / François Spitz -- The early evolution of hox genes : a battle of belief? / Bernd Schierwater and Kai Kamm -- Evolution of hox complexes / David E.K. Ferrier -- The nematode story : hox gene loss and rapid evolution / Aziz Aboobaker and Mark Blaxter -- Are the deuterostome posterior hox genes a fast-evolving class? / Robert Lanfear -- Hox genes and the body plans of chelicerates and pycnogonids / Wim G.M. Damen -- Hox3/zen and the evolution of extraembryonic epithelia in insects / Urs Schmidt-Ott, Ab. Matteen Rafiqi and Steffen Lemke -- Hox genes and brain development in drosophila / Heinrich Reichert and Bruno Bello -- Homeosis and beyond : what is the function of the hox genes? / Jean S. Deutsch.
- Human ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily 2002, NCBI BookshelfIntroduction to ABC protein and gene organization -- Nomenclature -- Overview of human ABC gene subfamilies -- ABC genes and human genetic disease -- Mouse knockouts -- Multidrug resistance and cancer therapy -- Phylogenetic analysis of human ABC genes -- Mouse ABC genes -- Drosophila ABC genes -- ABCA genes -- ABCB genes -- ABCC genes -- ABCD genes -- ABCE genes -- ABCF genes -- ABCG genes.
- Human chromosome variation 2012, Springerpt. 1. Human chromosome methods and nomenclature -- pt. 2. Chromosome heteromorphism (summaries) -- pt. 3. Fragile sites -- pt. 4. Copy number vairiants.
- Human genome. 3rd ed. / 2011, ScienceDirectAs genetic issues play a growing role in health practice and public policy, new knowledge in this field will continue to have significant implications for individuals and society. Written to communicate sound and modern science in an accessible way for professionals and students with various levels of scientific background, this thoroughly revised edition of The Human Genome contributes to creating a genetically literate research and clinical population. With case studies and introductory vignettes which illustrate a wide range of perspectives on complex topics in genetics and updated material on the latest research on disease-specific topics, this book serves as a valuable resource for students and working professionals alike. Full-color illustrations enhance and reinforce key concepts and themes * Chapters include interest boxes that focus on human health and disease, chapter-opening case studies, and concept statements to engage non-specialist readers.
- Human mitochondrial DNA and the evolution of Homo sapiens 2006, Springer
- Immediate early genes and inducible transcription factors in mapping of the central nervous system function and dysfunction 2002, ScienceDirect
- Immediate early genes in sensory processing, cognitive performance, and neurological disorders 2006, Springer
- In situ detection of DNA damage 2002, Springer Protocols
- In vitro mutagenesis protocols. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer ProtocolsMutagenesis protocols in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by in vivo overlap extension / Mibuel Alcalde -- In vitro mutagenesis of Brucella species / Thomas A. Ficht, Jianwu Pei, and Melissa Kahl-McDonagh -- Random mutagenesis strategies for Campylobacter and Helicobacter species / Duncan J.H. Gaskin and Arnoud H.M. van Vliet -- Mutagenesis of the repeat regions of herpesviruses cloned as bacterial artificial chromosomes / Yuguang Zhao and Venugopal Nair -- An efficient protocol for VZV BAC-based mutagenesis / Zhen Zhang, Ying Huang, and Hua Zhu -- A method for rapid genetic integration into Plasmodium falciparum utilizing mycobacteriophage Bxb1 integrase / Sophie H. Adjalley, Marcus C.S. Lee, and David A. Fidock -- Random mutagenesis by error-prone PCR / Elizabeth O. McCullum ... [et al.] -- A rapid and versatile PCR-based site-directed mutagenesis protocol for generation of mutations along the entire length of a cloned cDNA / Vincent Dammai -- Rapid sequence scanning mutagenesis using in silico oligo design and the megaprimer PCR of whole plasmid method (MegaWhop) / Urich Krauss, Karl-Erich Jaeger, and Thorsten Eggert -- Insertion and deletion mutagenesis by overlap extension PCR / Jehan Lee ... [et al.] -- Targeted amplification of mutant strands for efficient site-directed mutagenesis and mutant screening / Lei Young and Qihan Dong -- A modified inverse PCR procedure for insertion, deletion, or replacement of a DNA fragment in a target sequence and its application in the ligand interaction scan method for generation of ligand-regulated proteins / Oran Erster and Moti Liscovitch -- Amplification of orthologous genes using degererate primers / Samya Chakravorty and jim O. Vigoreaux -- Computational evaluation of protein stability change upon mutations / Shuangye Yin, Feng Ding, and Nikolay V. Dokholyan -- Approaches for using animal models to identify loci that genetically interact with human disease-causing point mutations / Josef D. Franke -- Using peptide loop insertion mutagenesis for the evolution of proteins / Christian Heinis and Kai Johnsson -- Massive mutagenesis : high-throughput combinatorial site-directed mutagenesis / Julien Sylvestre -- Directed in vitro evolution of reporter genes based on semi-rational design and high-throughput screening / Ai-Sheng Xiong ... [et al.] -- Ribosome display for rapid protein evolution by consecutive rounds of mutation and selection / Hayato Yanagida, Tomoaki Matsuura, and Tetsuya Yomo -- Fine-tuning enzyme activity through saturation mutagenesis / Holly H. Hogrefe -- Characterization of structural determinants of type 1 corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) receptor signalling properties / Danijela Markovic and Dimitris K. Grammatopoulos -- Site-directed mutagenesis for improving biophysical properties of Vh domains / Mehdi Arbabi-Ghahroudi, Roger MacKenzie, and Jamshid Tanha -- Phenotype based functional gene screening using retrovirus-mediated gene trapping in quasi-haploid RAW 264.7 cells / Sung Ouk Kim and Soon-Duck Ha -- Site-directed disulfide cross-linking to probe conformational changes of a transporter during its functional cycle : Escherichia coli AcrB multidrug exporter as an example / Yumiko Takatsuka and Hiroshi Nikaido -- Site-specific incorporation of extra components into RNA by transcription using unnatural base pair systems / Michiko Kimoto and Ichiro Hirao -- Mutagen : a random mutagenesis method providing a complementary diversity generated by human error-prone DNA polymerases / Philippe Mondon ... [et al.] -- Random-scanning mutagenesis / Robert A. Smith -- Easy two-step method for randomizing and cloning gene fragments / Vivan Q. Zhang and Holly H. Hogrefe -- Random mutagenesis using a mutator strain / Ghazala Muteeb and Ranjan Sen -- En passant mutagenesis : a two step markerless red recombination system / B. Karsten Tischer, Gregory A. Smith, and Nikolaus Osterrieder.
- In vitro transcription and translation protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer ProtocolsEnergy systems for ATP regeneration in cell-free protein synthesis reactions / Kara A. Calhoun and James R. Swartz -- Continuous-exchange protein-synthesizing systems / Vladimir A. Shirokov ... [et al.] -- Cell-free production of integral membrane proteins on a preparative scale / Christian Klammt ... [et al.] -- SIMPLEX : a novel method for high-throughput construction and screening of protein libraries / Suang Rungpragayphan, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- Methods for high-throughput materialization of genetic information based on the wheat germ cell-free expression system / Tatsuya Sawasaki ... [et al.] -- Exogenous protein expression in Xenopus oocytes : basic procedures / Elena Bossi ... [et al.] -- In vitro translation to study HIV protease activity / Zene Matsuda ... [et al.] --The protein truncation test in mutation detection and molecular diagnosis / Oliver Hauss and Oliver Muller -- Creation of novel enantioselective lipases by SIMPLEX / Yuichi Koga, Tsuneo Yamane, and Hideo Nakano -- In vitro transcription and translation coupled with two-dimensional electrophoresis for bacterial proteome analysis / Nathalie Norais ... [et al.] -- In vitro screen of bioinformatically selected Bacillus anthracis vaccine candidates by coupled transcription, translation, and immunoprecipitation analysis / Orit Gat, Haim Grosfeld, and Avigdor Shafferman -- Functional expression of Type 1 rat GABA transporter in microinjected Xenopus laevis oocytes / Stefano Giovannardi ... [et al.] -- Production of protein for nuclear magnetic resonance study using the wheat germ cell-free system / Toshiyuki Kohno and Yaeta Endo.
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 4th, rev. ed. 2006, SpringerDiagnosis and treatment: general principles -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Disorders of mitochondrial energy metabolism -- Disorders of amino acid metabolism and transport -- Vitamin-responsive disorders -- Neurotransmitter and small peptide disorders -- Disorders of lipid and bile acid metabolism -- Disorders of nucleic acid and heme metabolism -- Disorders of metal transport -- Organelle-related disorders: lysosomes, peroxisomes, and Golgi and pre-Golgi systems.
- Influence of genetics on contemporary thinking 2007, SpringerPt. 1. Genetics and the life sciences -- Pt. 2. Genetics and philosophy of science: the reductionism debate and beyond -- Pt. 3. Genetics and the ethical, legal and sociological debate.
- Intraspecific genetic diversity 2005, Springer
- Introduction to computational biology 2006, Springer
- Introduction to genomic signal processing with control 2007, CRCnetBASEReview of organic chemistry -- Energy considerations in biochemical reactions -- Proteins -- DNA -- Transcription and translation -- Chromosomes and gene regulation -- Genetic variation -- DNA technology -- Cell division -- Cell cycle control, cell death, and cancer -- Expression microarrays -- Classification -- Clustering -- Genetic regulatory networks -- Intervention -- External intervention based on optimal control theory.
- Introduction to toxicogenomics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- (Opinionated) guide to microarray dat...
- — Ethical challenges in genomics resear...
- Eukaryotic transcription factors. 4th...
- — Introduction to toxicogenomics .........
- Kallmann syndrome and hypogonadotropi...
- — Quantitative trait loci ................
- Recoding ...............................
- — Zebrafish. Genetics, genomics, and in...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases