Books by Subject
- Abdominal imaging 2013, SpringerIn this book a team of leading experts come together to provide a comprehensive overview of modern imaging of the abdomen and pelvis, with detailed sections on both gastrointestinal and genitourinary imaging. Each chapter has an identical structure and focuses on a particular organ or organ system, allowing the reader to approach the field one topic at a time. Indications for a variety of imaging techniques and examination protocols are clearly described, and the imaging features of normal anatomy and pathologic entities are depicted in an abundance of high-quality images. Care is taken to consider all recent technical developments and new indications, and the diagnostic performance of different imaging modalities is carefully compared. It is anticipated that this book will come to be regarded as the standard work of reference on abdominal and pelvic radiology.
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction / 2010, Springer
- Adipose tissue and adipokines in health and disease 2007, SpringerThe adipose organ / Saverio Cinti -- Metabolism of white adipose tissue / Michel Beylot -- Leptin / Malaka B. Jackson and Rexford S. Ahima -- Adiponectin / Aimin Xu, Yu Wang, and Karen S.L. Lam -- Vasoactive factors and inflammatory mediators produced in adipose tissue / Gema Frohbeck -- Regulation of the immune response by leptin / Victor Sanchez-Margalet ... [et al.] -- Leptin in autoimmune disease / Giuseppe Matarese -- Leptin and gastrointestinal inflammation / Arvind Batra and Britta Siegmund -- Adiponectin and inflammation / Yuji Matsuzawa -- Macrophages, adipocytes, and obesity / Anthony W. Ferrante, Jr. -- Interactions of adipose and lymphoid tissues / Caroline M. Pond -- Adipose tissue and mast cells: adipokines as Yin-Yang modulators of inflammation / George N. Chaldakov ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow adipose tissue / Patrick Laharrague and Louis Castella -- Environmental aspects of obesity / Lisa Diewald, Myles S. Faith, and Meredith S. Dolan -- The genetics of obesity: five fundamental problems with the famine hypothesis / John R. Speakman -- Developmental perspectives on the origins of obesity / Cristopher W. Kuzawa, Peter D. Gluckman, and Mark A. Hanson -- The epidemiology of obesity / Carol A. Braunschweig -- Inherited and acquired lipodystrophies: disorders of adipose tissue, development, differentiation, and death / Vinaja Simha and Anil Agarwal -- Mechanisms of cachexia / Robert H. Mak and Wai W. Cheung -- Adipose tissue and insulin resistance / Stephen E. Borst -- Adipokines in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Ancha Baranova and Zobair M. Younossi -- Adiposity and cancer / Eugenia E. Calle -- Obesity and cardiovascular disease / Alison M. Morris, Paul Poirier, and Robert H. Eckel -- Obesity and asthma / Elisabeth Luder -- Adiposity and kidney disease / Srinivasan Beddhu and Bonnie Ching-Ha Kwan -- Obesity and joint disease / Andrew J. Teichtahl, Anita E. Wluka, and Flavia M. Cicuttini -- Effect of weight loss on disease / Sergio Jose Bardaro, Dennis Hong, and Lee Swanstrom.
- Anal and rectal diseases 2012, Springer
- Anorectal and colonic diseases. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Ascites, hyponatremia, and hepatorenal syndrome 2011, KargerDifferential diagnosis of ascites / Appenrodt, B. -- Current treatment strategies : diuretics / Bernardi, M. -- Paracentesis / Sanyal, A.J., Bajaj, J.S., Shaw, J. -- Large volume paracentesis : which plasma expander? / Terg, R.A -- Albumin : not just a plasma expander / Davies, N.A. ... [et al.] -- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for ascites : which patients will benefit? / Salerno, F., Cazzaniga, M. -- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis prophylaxis and treatment / Wiest, R., Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Clinical implications of hyponatremia in cirrhosis / Heuman, D.M. -- Vaptans for ascites : chances and risks / Wong, F. -- Cardiorenal syndrome : a new entity? / Moller, S., Krag, A. -- Renal failure in cirrhosis / Gustot, T., Moreau, R. -- Novel definition of hepatorenal syndrome : clinical consequences / Fernandez, J., Arroyo, V. -- Role of infections in hepatorenal syndrome / Wiest, R. -- Tips for HRS / Sauerbruch, T., Appenrodt, B. -- Vasoconstrictor therapy for hepatorenal syndrome / Yeo, C.-M.; Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : the US experience / Musana, A.K., Sanyal, A.J. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : predictors of response / Cárdenas, A., Gines, P. -- Safety of terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome / Krag, A., Moller, S. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : novel strategies and future perspectives / Angeli, P. --Hepatorenal syndrome and liver transplantation / Gonwa, T.A.
- ASCRS manual of colon and rectal surgery 2009, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery 2007, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Atlas of Dermatological Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disease provides a comprehensive compendium of digestive tract diseases with dermatological manifestations. The work is arranged by digestive symptoms, with sections based on the specific digestive disease etiology. Each section contains paired chapters of text, one on gastrointestinal manifestations and the other on dermatological manifestations. The atlas includes clinical presentations, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic tests/procedures, pathology, and references presented with substantial numbers of images.
- Atlas of endomicroscopy 2008, Springer1. Development of endoscopic devices: past, present and future / Norman E. Marcon, Brian C. Wilson, and Ralph S. DaCosta -- 2. Surface analysis with magnifying chromoendoscopy in the colon / David P. Hurlstone -- 3. Development and current technological status of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Peter Delaney, Steven Thomas, and Wendy McLaren -- 4. Examination technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz, Kerry Dunbar, and Marcia I. Canto -- 5. The technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy from the perspective of a new user / Marcia I. Canto 6. -- Microarchitecture of the normal gut seen with conventional histology and endomicroscopy / Michael Vieth ... [et al.] -- 7. Endomicroscopy of GI disorders -- 8. Live tissue imaging with conventional confocal microscopy / Marshall H. Montrose and Alastair J.M. Watson -- 9. Functional and molecular imaging with confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz ... [et al.] -- 10. Future trends in confocal laser endomicroscopy: improved imaging quality and immunoendoscopy / Raja Atreya and Markus F. Neurath.
- Part 1.Distribution and arrangement of ICC in the GI tract --Stomach --Small Intestine --Duodenum --Colon --Caecum --Ileocaecal Junction --ICC Found in the Submucosal Layer --Introduction --Part 2.Ultrastructural demonstration of ICC and the allied cells --Ultrastructural Demonstration of ICC --Signal Pathways Between Nerves and Muscles Not Mediated by ICC --Issues for Future Studies.
- Atlas of intestinal stomas 2012, SpringerIntestinal Stomas: Historical Overview --Gastrointestinal Anatomy --Structure and Function of the Large Bowel --Physiologic and Metabolic Effects of Intestinal Stomas --Quality of Life of the Ostomate --Wound, Ostomy, and Continence/Enterostomal Therapy (WOC/ET) Nursing --Ileostomy --Medical Management of the High-Output Enterostomy and Enterocutaneous Fistula --Intestinal Stomas and the Biliary Tree --Continent Ileostomy --Colostomy: Types, Indications, Formation, and Reversal --Laparoscopic Ostomy Surgery --Ostomies in Trauma --CCF Color Photo Gallery --Stomas Via Percutaneous Endoscopy --Gastrointestinal Stomas in Infants and Children --Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) --Urinary Stomas --Enterocutaneous Fistula --Parastomal Hernia --Surgical Treatment of Peristomal Skin Conditions --Stoma Prolapse --Challenging Stomas.
- Atlas of transnasal esophagoscopy 2007, OvidIndications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- Atlas of virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Autoimmune (IgG4-related) pancreatitis and cholangitis 2013, SpringerAutoimmune (IgG4-related) Pancreatitis and Cholangitis reviews the breadth of clinical, imaging, histological, laboratory, and imaging features associated with IgG4-associated systemic disease, especially AIP and IAC. Written by experts in their fields, each chapter includes an overview of existing data as well as the most up-to-date scientific information and emerging data. The book also addresses areas of uncertainty and controversy, briefly highlighting clinical and research needs relative to the respective topic. Comprehensive and easy to use, Autoimmune (IgG4-related) Pancreatitis and Cholangitis is a valuable resource for physicians who deal with or are interested in these complex disease processes, including gastroenterologists, hepatologists, and surgeons.
- Benign anorectal diseases 2006, Springer
- Biliary lithiasis 2008, Springer
- Biology of gastric cancers 2009, Springer
- Blumgart's surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Breath odors 2011, Springer
- Celiac disease 2004, NLM
- The 'gastric cytoprotection' concept of Andre Robert and the origins of a new series of international symposia / S. Szabo, Y. Tache, A. Tarnawski -- Importance of translational research in GI pharmacology : lessons learned from the successes in history / D. Chen, C.-M. Zhao -- Acetic acid ulcer model : state of the art in 2012 / S. Okabe, K. Amagase, K. Takeuchi -- Roles of EP4 receptors in protective and healing-promoting effects of prostaglandin E2 on NSAID-induced small intestinal damage / K. Takeuchi -- Role of food and enterobacteria in the formation and prevention of small intestinal damage induced by NSAIDS / H. Satoh, K. Takeuchi -- Synergic effect of NSAID and gastric acid on superoxide-anion production in stomach / H. Matsui, T. Kaneko -- Development of NSAIDS with lower gastric side effect / T. Mizushima -- Cell/tissue injury and cytoprotection/organoprotection in the gastrointestinal tract : mechanisms, prevention, and treatment / K.D. Rainsford -- Animal model for evaluating gastric bleeding and ulcerogenic response induced by aspirin plus clopidogrel / C. Izuhara ... [et al.] -- Effects of ibuprofen and some analogues on the muscle tone of isolated segments of the common digital artery of the fallow deer (Dama dama) / B.A. Callingham, Rainsford K.D. -- Psychological stress induces visceral analgesic or hyperalgesic response in rodents : a role of preconditions / A. Mulak, M. Larauche, Y. Tach -- Neurobiology of corticotropin-releasing factor in the enteric nervous system during stress / S. Liu, J.D. Wood -- Corticotropin-releasing factor may protect the gastric mucosa in stress through involvement of glucocorticoids / L.P. Filaretova ... [et al.] -- Pathogenic potential of psychogenic stress in gastric mucosal injury / V.I. Ovsiannikov, T.P. Berezina -- Advances in understanding inflammation in esophageal disease / R.H. Hunt, Y. Yuan -- Physiopathology of esophageal inflammation, ulcerogenesis, and repair by studying the profile of glycoconjugate / O. Zayachkivska -- Analysis of the effect of different neuropeptides in gastric mucosal defense initiated centrally / K. Gyires -- Sulforaphane enhances protection and repair of gastric mucosa against oxidative stress via Nrf2-dependent mechanisms / A. Yanaka -- Involvement of renin-angiotensin system and vasoactive angiotensin-(1-7) metabolite of angiotensin II in gastric mucosal injury and gastroprotection / T. Brzozowski ... [et al.] -- Effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on gastrointestinal tract / P. Sikiric ... [et al.] -- Pathobiology of gastric carcinoids and adenocarcinomas in rodent models and patients : studies of gastrocystoplasty, gender-related factors, and autophagy / R.A. Vigen, D. Chen, C.M. Zhao -- Roles of the hydrogen sulfide/T-type calcium channel system in somatic and visceral pain processing / A. Kawabata, M. Matsunami -- Age-dependent role of vasopressin in susceptibility of gastric mucosa to indomethacin-induced injury / D. Zelena, O.Y. Morozova, L.P. Filaretova -- From mucosal energy metabolism to capsaicin : strategies for understanding mucosal protection / I.L. Szabcent, J. Czimmer, G. Mcentzsik.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in colon and rectal surgery 2006, SpringerPart I. Large Intestine -- Concepts in Surgery of the Large Intestine / Danny M. Takanishi and Fabrizio Michelassi -- Right Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner and Susan M. Cera -- Left Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Left Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner -- Low Anterior Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Abdominoperineal Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection and Total Proctocolectomy with End Ileostomy / Steven D. Wexner and Giovanna M. DaSilva -- Subtotal Colectomy with Ileoproctostomy or Ileostomy and Sigmoid Mucous Fistula -- Ileoanal Anastomosis with Ileal Reservoir Following Total Colectomy and Mucosal Proctectomy -- Abdominoperineal Protectomy for Benign Disease -- End-Ileostomy -- Loop Ileostomy -- Cecostomy -- Surgical Legacy Technique -- Transverse Colostomy -- Closure of Temporary Colostomy -- Laparoscopic Stoma Construction and Closure / Dan Enger Ruiz and Steven D. Wexner -- Operations for Colonic Diverticulitis (Including Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding) -- Ripstein Operation for Rectal Prolapse -- Part II. Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region -- Concepts in Surgery of the Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region / Amanda M. Metcalf -- Rubber Band Ligation of Internal Hemorrhoids -- Hemorrhoidectomy -- Anorectal Fistula and Pelvirectal Abscess -- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy for Chronic Anal Fissure -- Anoplasty for Anal Stenosis -- Thiersch Operation for Rectal Prolapse Surgical Legacy Technique -- Operations for Pilonidal Disease.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in esophageal surgery 2006, Springer
- Childhood obesity 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Cholestatic liver disease 2008, Springer
- Chronic hepatitis C virus 2012, SpringerPart I. Natural history of chronic HCV -- 1. Epidemiology of chronic HCV / Gary L. Davis -- 2. Acute HCV / Katja Deterding, Heiner Wedemeyer, and Michael P. Manns -- 3. Assessing the progression of chronic HCV to cirrhosis / Gonzolo Crespo, Stella M. Martinez, and Xavier Forns -- 4. Chronic HCV and steatosis / Dawn McDowell Torres and Stephen A. Harrison -- 5. Chronic HCV and hepatocellular carcinoma / Morris Sherman -- 6. Extrahepatic manifestations of chronic HCV / Vincenza Calvaruso and Antonio Craxì -- 7. Chronic HCV and HIV coinfection / Patrick Ingiliz, Maud Lemoine, and Yves Benhamou -- 8. Chronic HCV in patients with renal disease / Paul Martin and Fabrizio Fabrizi -- 9. Does treatment alter the natural history of chronic HCV? / Fasiha Kanwal and Bruce R. Bacon -- Part II. Treatment of chronic HCV with interferon-based therapy -- 10. Treatment with interferon and ribavirin / William Kemp and Stuart K. Roberts -- 11. Immune modulators and other agents / Edgar D. Charles and Ira M. Jacobson -- 12. Measuring HCV RNA and assessing virologic response / Jean-Michel Pawlotsky -- 13. Response-guided therapy / Mitchell L. Shiffman -- 14. Managing the side effects of therapy / Curtis Cooper -- 15. Genetics of virologic response / Alison B. Jazwinski and Andrew J. Muir -- 16. Maintenance therapy with peginterferon / Raza Malik and Nezam H. Afdhal -- Part III. Anti-viral therapy for chronic HCV -- 17. Antiviral targets in HCV / B. Kronenberger and S. Zeuzem -- 18. Mutations and the development of anti-viral resistance / Anna Maria Geretti and Geoff Dusheiko -- 19. Peginterferon, ribavirin and anti-viral triple therapy / Patrick Marcellin, Nathalie Boyer, and Tarik Asselah -- 20. Treating chronic HCV without interferon and/or ribavirin / Edward J. Gane -- 21. Maintenance therapy with oral antiviral agents / Andrew Aronsohn and Donald Jensen -- Part IV. Liver transplantation for chronic HCV -- 22. Natural history of chronic HCV after liver transplantation / Bart J. Veldt and Michael R. Charlton -- 23. Use of HCV-positive organs in patients with and without chronic HCV / Elizabeth C. Verna and Robert S. Brown Jr. -- 24. Treating HCV prior to liver transplantation / Alvaro Martinez-Camacho, Brett E. Fortune, and Gregory T. Everson -- 25. Treating HCV after liver transplantation / Michael Chang, Hubert Sung, and Sammy Saab.
- Chronic liver failure 2011, SpringerThe organ -- Cells in the liver: functions in health and disease -- Liver physiology -- Assessment of liver function in clinical practice -- Physiology of the splanchnic and hepatic circulations -- Fibrosis as a major mechanism of chronic liver disease -- Stem cells and chronic liver failure: potential new therapeutics -- The role of inflammatory mediators in liver failure -- Genomics of the liver in health and disease -- Effects of liver failure on organ systems -- Hepatic encephalopathy and alterations of cerebral function -- Bacterial translocation and alterations of the digestive system -- SIRS, bacterial infections, and alterations of the immune system -- Regulation of the extracellular fluid volume and renal function -- The heart in chronic liver failure -- Haemostasis abnormalities in chronic liver failure -- The systemic and splanchnic circulations -- Hepatic microcirculation -- Angiogenesis and vascular growth in liver diseases -- Pulmonary alterations in chronic liver failure -- Adrenal function in chronic liver failure -- Management of chronic liver failure -- Antibiotic prophylaxis and management of bacterial infections -- Management of ascites and hyponatremia -- Management of renal failure -- Correction of abnormalities of haemostasis in chronic liver disease -- The treatment and prevention of variceal bleeding -- Extracorporeal artificial liver support systems -- Issues in transplantation of patients with chronic liver failure -- Chronic liver disease in the intensive care.
- Chronic viral hepatitis. 2nd rev. ed. 2009, Springer
- Clinical hepatology v. 1-2, 2010., Springerv. 2, 2010 SpringerStructure and function of the liver. v. 1 -- Pathophysiology and morphology of liver injury. v. 1 -- Evaluation of the patient with hepatobiliary disease. v. 1 -- Diseases of the liver. v. 2 -- Diseases of the gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts. v. 2.
- Clinical management of intestinal failure 2012, CRCnetBASE"This reference provides a current, multidisciplinary approach to the care of patients with intestinal failure. It includes intensive discussion on medical and nutritional issues especially relative to children with intestinal failure. It presents information on transplantation, but emphasizes rehabilitation. Topics cover etilogy/epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical assessment of intestinal failure in adults and pediatrics; medical and surgical management; prevention and treatment of complications of intestinal failure; nursing management; emerging diagnostic and therapeutic methods; and long term care. It is written by experts in nutrition, gastroenterology and pediatrics, pharmacy, as well as gastrointestinal surgery"--Provided by publisher.
- Clinical MRI of the abdomen 2011, SpringerPart 1. Technical Considerations -- Technical Considerations / Nickolas Papanikolaou and Charalampos Mpougias -- Part 2. Contrast Agents -- MR Contrast Agents / Luís Curvo-Semedo and Filipe Caseiro-Alves -- Part 3. Liver and Biliary Tract -- Diffuse Parenchymal Disease / Luis Martí-Bonmatí and Lucía Flors Blasco -- Benign Focal Lesions / Bernard E. Van Beers and Valérie Vilgrain -- Hepatocellular Carcinoma / Carlo Bartolozzi, Valentina Battaglia and Elena Bozzi -- Primary and Secondary Liver Malignancies / Sukru Mehmet Erturk, Karin Herrmann and Pablo R. Ros -- Biliary Tract / Sylvain Terraz, Magalie Viallon and Christoph D. Becker -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Liver and Biliary Tract Imaging / Luis Martí-Bonmatí and Estela López-Pérez -- Part 4. Pancreas -- Ducts / Celso Matos and Sandra Baleato -- Parenchymal Disease / Thomas K. Helmberger -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Pancreatic Imaging / Celso Matos, Martina Pezzullo and Charikleia Triantopoulou -- Part 5. Spleen -- Spleen / Olle Ekberg -- Part 6. Adrenals -- Adrenal Incidentalomas / Marzena Kulawska-Didoszak and Gabriel P. Krestin -- Functioning Adrenal Pathology / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Adrenals / Marzena Kulawska-Didoszak and Gabriel P. Krestin -- Part 7. Kidneys -- Renal Masses / Roberto Pozzi Mucelli, Niccolò Faccioli and Riccardo Manfredi -- Excretory System / Claus Nolte-Ernsting -- Pitfalls of Imaging of the Kidneys / Roberto Pozzi Mucelli -- Part 8. Gut -- Small Bowel / Sofia Gourtsoyianni, Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis and Nickolas Papanikolaou -- MR Colonography / Thomas C. Lauenstein -- Rectum / Sofia Gourtsoyianni and Regina G. H. Beets-Tan -- Fistula-in-Ano / Steve Halligan and Stuart Taylor -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Small Bowel and Rectum / Regina G. H. Beets-Tan, Nickolas Papanikolaou and Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis -- Part 9. Pelvis -- Female Pelvis / Evis Sala and Rodney H. Reznek -- Prostate Gland / François Cornud and Nicholas Papanicolaou -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Pelvis / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Part 10. Pediatric Abdomen -- MR Imaging of Paediatric Abdomen / Michael Riccabona and Fred Avni -- Part 11. MRI Advances in Patients with Cancer -- Whole-Body MRI / Philip Aschoff, Claus D. Claussen and Heinz-Peter Schlemmer -- Diffusion-Weighted Imaging / Anwar R. Padhani and Shilpan M. Patel -- Target Volume Definition / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Part 12. Abdominal MRI at 3 Tesla -- 3 Tesla MR Imaging in the Abdomen / Pablo R. Ros and Sukru Mehmet Erturk.
- Clinical ultrasound in benign proctology 2006, Springer
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Bugianesi, E. -- Fibrosis in the GI tract : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Pinzani, M. -- Chronic hepatitis B : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Wursthorn, K.; Mederacke, I.; Manns, M.P. -- Chronic hepatitis C : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Asselah, T. ... [et al.] -- Clinical update on inflammatory disorders of the GI tract : liver transplantation / de Rougemont, O.; Dutkowski, P.; Clavien, P.-A. -- Hepatocellular carcinoma / Peck-Radosavljevic, M. -- Coeliac disease / Schuppan, D. -- Anti-TNF therapy in inflammatory bowel diseases / Fiorino, G.; Danese, S.; Peyrin-Biroulet, L. -- Role of epithelial cells in inflammatory bowel disease / Kaser, A. -- GI immune response in functional GI disorders / Tack, J.; Kindt, S. -- Probiotics in GI diseases / Gionchetti, P. ... [et al.] -- Microscopic colitis / Pardi, D.S.; Miehlke, S. -- Inflammatory proteins as prognostic markers in acute pancreatitis / Frossard, J.L.; Bhatia, M. -- Antibiotics, probiotics, and enteral nutrition : means to prevent infected necrosis in AP / van Doesburg, I.A. ... [et al.] on behalf of the Dutch Pancreatitis Study Group -- Immunotherapy of pancreatic carcinoma : recent advances / Märten, A.; Büchler, M.W. -- IKK/NF-B/Rel in acute pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer : torments of tantalus / Algül, H.; Schmid, R.M. -- Helicobacter pylori infection : to eradicate or not to eradicate / Schütte, K. ... [et al.] -- Clinical update on inflammatory disorder of the GI tract, carcinogenesis, and treatment of gastric cancer / Rad, R.; Ebert, M.
- Clinician's manual on intra-abdominal infections 2010, Springer
- Colon and rectal surgery. 5th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Color atlas of high resolution manometry 2009, Springer
- Colorectal cancer 2007, SpringerMolecular biology of colon cancer / William M. Grady -- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer / Yu-Ning Wong ...[et al.] -- Colorectal cancer screening and surveillance / Arnold J. Markowitz -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer / M. Wasif Saif, Richard Kim, and Edward Chu -- Integration of antiangiogenic strategies in colorectal cancer treatment / John M. Strother and Charles D. Blanke -- The role of EGFR inhibition in colorectal cancer / Nabeel Shalan and Paulo M. Hoff -- Second-line strategies in the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer / Anthony B. El-Khoueiry and Heinz-Josef Lenz -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancer / Bert H. O'Neil ... [et al.] -- Management of locally advanced rectal cancer / Yu Jo Chua and David Cunningham -- Rationale for adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the resection of liver metastases / Axel Grothey and Steven A. Alberts -- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation in the management of patients with colorectal cancer / Karen Brown -- Colorectal cancer imaging / Sean D. Curran and Laurence H. Schwartz -- Nursing issues in colorectal cancer chemotherapy / Ellen Hollywood and Deborah Semple -- Pain management in the colorectal cancer patient / Vivek Tim Malhotra -- Novel agents and new paradigms for colorectal cancer / Chris Takimoto and Russell Kruzelock.
- Colorectal cancer 2009, Springer
- Colorectal cancer screening 2011, Springer
- Colorectal surgery 2006, Springer
- Complex anorectal disorders 2005, Springer
- Concise pediatric and adolescent hepatology 2012, KargerGrowing up with liver disease, psychological aspects of paediatric liver disease / H. Boulton, F. Bathgate -- Acute liver failure in children and adolescents / NP Shanmugam, S Bansal, A Dhawan -- Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis in children / AS Knisley -- Biliary atresia / R Hill, M Davenport -- Alagille Syndrome / M Mouzaki, BM Kamath -- Immune deficiency-related liver disease / N Hadzic -- Autoimmune liver disease / G Mielli-Vergani, D Vergani -- Wilson Disease / P Socha -- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in children / A Alisi, R De Vito, D Viggiano, L Morcaldi, V Nobili -- Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension / SK Yachha, B Jagadisan -- Primary liver malignancies: surgical aspects including transplantation / J-B Otte -- Viral hepatitis in children / X Stephene, E Sokal -- Non-viral infections of the liver / A Verma -- Intestinal failure, parenteral nutrition and liver disease / OJ Goulet -- Liver transplantation / R Ciria, N Heaton -- Hepatocyte transplantation, 'omics' and gene therapy in the management of liver diseases / S Jitraruch, H Qin, RD Hughes, SC Lehec, RR Mitry.
- Constipation. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Contemporary coloproctology 2012, Springer1.Introduction: Colorectal Surgery - The Specialty /Nigel Scott and Lars Påhlman --2.Hemorrhoids /J. Graham Williams --3.Anal Fissure and Its Management /Aidan Fowler --4.Anorectal Fistula /Rick Nelson --5.The Management of Pilonidal Sinus Disease /Asha Senapati --6.Hidradenitis Suppurativa /Nigel Scott --7.Pruritus Ani /Ian Badger --8.Anorectal Sexually Transmitted Infections /Benjamin P. Goorney --9.Colorectal Cancer Screening and Surveillance /Susan K. Clark --10.Imaging in Colorectal Cancer /Rishi Sethi and Stephen H. Lee --11.Early Colorectal Cancer Management /Jim Hill --12.Colon Cancer: Advantages of the Laparoscopic Approach and the Principles of Enhanced Recovery /Hugh J. Gallagher and Sophie E. Noblett --13.Evidence-Based Management of Rectal Cancer /Paul Rooney and Nagarajan Pranesh --14.Chemotherapy and Biomarkers /Francisca E. Marti and Mark P. Saunders --15.Colorectal Liver Metastases /Saurabh Jamdar, Aali J. Sheen, and Ajith K. Siriwardena --16.Anal Cancer /Jim Hill --17.Medical Management of Ulcerative Colitis /Paul Flanagan and Keith Leiper --18.Surgical Options in Ulcerative Colitis /Daniel L. Beral and John E. Hartley --19.Surgery for Fulminant Colitis /Kaori Futaba, Tony Mak, and Dion Morton --20.Failing Pouch /Hasan T. Kirat and Feza H. Remzi --21.Surgery for Small Bowel Crohn's Disease /Paul Rooney and Nicola Eardley --22.Perianal Crohn's Disease /Nigel Scott --23.Surgical Nutrition /Ciaran J. Walsh --24.Diverticular Disease /Catherine McCarthy, Niklas Hennessy, and Basil Fozard --25.Assessment and Investigation of Fecal Incontinence and Constipation /Peter J. Mitchell and Edward S. Kiff --26.Interventions for Fecal Incontinence /Steven R. Brown --27.The Management of Constipation /Sushil Maslekar and David G. Jayne --28.Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome and Pelvic Pain /Martin Farmer --29.Rectal Prolapse /J. Graham Williams --30.Acute Colonic Pseudo-obstruction /Keith Chapple --31.Colonic Volvulus /Lesley M. Hunt --32.Rectovaginal Endometriosis /Ian J. Adam --33.Stomas /Mark Cheetham --34.Intensive Care: The Basics /Jonathon R. Goodall --35.Critical Care Scoring Systems /Andrew Fisher and Dermot Burke --36.Surgical Fluid Management /Sophie E. Noblett and Alan F. Horgan --37.Colonic Bleeding /Rachael Lawrence and Helen O'Grady --38.Fecal Peritonitis /Arun Loganathan and John E. Hartley --39.Large Bowel Obstruction /Malcolm Wilson --40.Miscellaneous (Non-IBD) Colitides /Paul Turner and Ian Botterill --41.Colon and Rectal Trauma /Jeff Garner --42.Postoperative Complications /Sonia Lockwood and Jon Armitage.
- Controversies in gastrointestinal tumor therapy 2004., Karger
- Crohn's disease 2010, SpringerEtiology / Marzia Marrollo, Alessandro Armuzzi and Fabio Zannoni -- Epidemiology / Marina Rizzi -- Genetics / Marco Castori and Paola Grammatico -- The Role of the Pathologist in the Management of Patients with Crohn's Disease / Roberto Pisa, Maria Cristina Macciomei and Alvaro Leone -- Clinical Presentation / Anna Kohn, Caterina Maria Camastra, Rita Monterubbianesi and Marina Rizzi -- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Role of Endoscopy / Arnaldo Andreoli, Patrizia Meddi, Paolo Pantanella and Antonio Tesi -- Laboratory Tests / Giuseppe Famularo and Giovanni Minisola -- Imaging / Loredana Adami, Maurizio Atzori, Paola Cerro, Andrea Cortese and Pasquale Ialongo, et al. -- Diagnosis of Anorectal Disease / Pasquale Ialongo, Loredana Adami, Maurizio Atzori, Cesare Hassan and Andrea Cortese, et al. -- Role of Interventional Radiology / Francesco Colucci, Paolo Agresti, Stefano Pieri, Maurizio Morucci and Lorenzo de' Medici -- Standard Therapeutic Approach / Roberto Mangiarotti -- New Therapies / Maria Lia Scribano and Maria Laura Annunziata -- Cell and Stem-Cell Therapies of Crohn's Disease and Complications / Luca Pierelli, Sergio Rutella and Giuseppina Bonanno -- Surgical Treatment / Roberto Tersigni -- Crohn's Disease in Children / Salvatore Cucchiara and Laura Stronati -- Perianal Disease / Luciano Alessandroni -- Crohn's Disease and Pregnancy / Claudio Donadio, Rocco Cosintino, Giuliano Rigon, Claudio Donadio and Fabrizio Signore -- Rheumatological Manifestations of Crohn's Disease / Giovanni Minisola and Giuseppe Famularo -- Cutaneous Manifestations / Luciano Alessandroni and Andrea Scotti -- Ocular Manifestations / Vincenzo Petitti and Stefano Tamburi -- Hepatopathologies / Leone Nauri -- Infectious Complications / Nicola Petrosillo and Cecilia M. J. Drapeau -- Kidney Disease / Margherita Rosa and Salvatore Di Giulio -- Crohn's Disease and Cancer / Fabio Calabrò and Cora N. Sternberg -- Crohn's Disease and Malignant Lymphomas / Valerio Zoli, Anna Proia and Ignazio Majolino -- Psychological and Social Aspects / Susan Levenstein and Vilma Varvo.
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis 2012, Springer
- Liver and biliary system -- Pancreas -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Spleen -- Mesentery, omentum, and peritoneum -- Kidneys, ureter, and bladder -- Pelvis -- Retroperitoneum and adrenal glands -- Abdominal wall.
- CT colonography atlas 2013, SpringerNormal colon -- Anatomical variants: positional anomalies of colon -- Pitfalls in imaging -- Diverticular disease -- Lipomatous lesions of the colon -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyps: pedunculated -- Sessile polyps -- Flat lesion -- Colon cancer -- Rectal cancer -- The ileocecal valve -- Operated large bowel.
- CT of the acute abdomen 2011, Springer
- Current diagnosis & treatment, gastroenterology, hepatology, & endoscopy 2012, AccessMedicine
- Diarrhea 2011, SpringerDefinition, epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical classification, and differential diagnosis of diarrhea -- Infectious gastroenteritis and colitis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Eosinophilic enteritis -- Microscopic colitis -- Food allergy -- Protein-losing enteropathies -- Radiation enterocolitis -- Congenital disorders of digestion and absorption -- Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency -- Bacterial overgrowth -- Celiac disease -- Whipple disease -- Surgical conditions presenting with diarrhea -- Chronic diarrheal disorders due to endocrine neoplasms -- Diarrhea from enterotoxins -- Factitious diarrhea -- Chronic idiopathic diarrhea -- Irritable bowel syndrome -- Functional diarrhea (non-specific chronic diarrhea, toddler diarrhea) -- Diarrhea related to non-neoplastic endocrine diseases -- Alcohol-related diarrhea -- Drug-induced diarrhea -- Runner's diarrhea -- Evaluation of patients with diarrhea and timing of referral -- Empiric treatment of chronic diarrhea -- Probiotics for diarrheal diseases.
- Digestive involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases 2008, ScienceDirectThe book "The digestive system in systemic autoimmune diseases" represents the state-of-the-art in the field of digestive disorders in the most common systemic autoimmune diseases. The volume consists of an introductory chapter on imaging techniques in digestive diseases, followed by eight chapters on digestive manifestations in specific systemic autoimmune diseases. The final five chapters deal with digestive diseases with an autoimmune pathogenesis and systemic manifestations. International in scope, the table of contents reads like a Who's who in clinical research on systemic autoimmune diseases. More than 20 contributors from the European Union, the United States, Mexico and South Africa share their knowledge in this detailed volume. *One book of leading international clinical and scientific experts on autoimmune and digestive diseases. *A practical guide to the identification, diagnosis and treatment of digestive involvement in patients with autoimmune diseases that will be useful for all medical specialties. *Several diseases and conditions not included in other text books are included, some of which are of recent emergence. *Each chapter is designed to serve as a Guide to Clinical Practice for each disease.
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2006, Springer
- Diversity of gastric carcinoma 2005, Springer
- Double-balloon endoscopy 2006, Springer
- Drug-induced liver disease. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectI. Mechanisms of liver injury. Drug-induced liver injury / Neil Kaplowitz -- Cytochrome P450 activation of toxins and hepatotoxicity / F. Peter Guengerich -- Mechanistic role of acyl glucuronides / Howard Horng, Hilde Spahn-Langguth, and Leslie Z. Benet -- Oxidant stress, antioxidant defense, and liver injury / Mitchell R. McGill and Hartmut Jaeschke -- Hepatotoxicity due to mitochondrial injury / John J. Lemasters -- Mechanisms of cell death and relevance to drug toxicity / Lily Dara, Derick Han, and Neil Kaplowitz -- Role of membrane transport in hepatotoxicity and pathogenesis of drug-induced cholestasis / Bruno Stieger and Gerd A. Kullak-Ublick -- Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and liver injury / Laurie D. Deleve -- Macrophages and kupffer cells in drug-induced liver injury / Mark Barnes ... [et al.] -- Role of inflammation in drug-induced liver injury / Robert A. Roth and Patricia E. Ganey -- Role of the adaptive immmune system in idiosyncratic drug-induced liver injury / Jack Uetrecht -- Role of tissue repair and death proteins in liver injury / Harihara M. Mehendale -- Genetic factors in the pathogenesis of drug-induced liver injury / Ann K. Daly and Christopher P. Day -- II. Diagnosis and management. Clinical manifestations and management of drug-induced liver diseases / Willis C. Maddrey -- Histopathological evaluationof drug-induced liver disease / David E. Kleiner -- Risk factors for drug-induced liver disease / Raj Vuppalanchi and Maga Chalasani --Biomarkers for drug-induced liver injury / Paul B. Watkins -- Causality assessment / M. Isabel Lucena ... [et al.] -- III. Hepatotoxicity of specifid drugs. Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver disease / Jack A. Hinson -- Acetaminophen / Laura P. James -- Mechanisms underlying the hepatotoxicity of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs / Urs A. Boelsterli -- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and leukotriene receptor antagonists / James H. Kewis and Jonathan G. Stine -- Mechanism, pathology, and clinical presentation of hepatotoxicity of anesthetic agents / J. Gerald Kenna -- Anticonvulsant agents / Munir Pirmohamed and J. Steven Leeder -- Hepatotoxicity of psychotropic drugs and drugs of abuse / Dominique Larrey and Marie-Pierre Ripault -- Hepatotoxicity of antimicrobials and antifungal agents / Richard H. Moseley -- Hepatotoxicity of antitubercular drugs / Sumita Verma and Neil Kaplowitz -- Hepatotoxicity of antiviral agents / Marina Núñez -- Hepatotoxicity of cardiovascular and antidiabetic drugs / Dina Halegoua-De Marzio and Victor J. Navarro -- Cancer chemotherpay / Laurie D. Deleve -- Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressive drugs / Adrian Reuben -- Hepatotoxicity related to methotrexate / Guruprasad P. Aithal -- Adverse effects of hormones and hormone antagonists on the liver / Shivakumar Chitturi and Geoffrey C. Farrell -- Mushroom poisoning / François Durand and Dominique Valla --Hepatotoxicity of herbals and dietary supplements / Leonard Seeff, Felix Stickel, and Victor J. Navarro -- Occupational and environmental hepatotoxicity / Keith G. Tolman and Anthony S. Dalpiaz -- Chronic liver disease from drugs / Einar S. Björnsson -- IV. Future directions. Regulatory perspectives / Mark I. Avigan -- Drug-induced liver injury research networks / Robert J. Fontana -- LiverTox / Jay H. Hoofnagle.
- Dyspepsia in clinical practice 2011, Springer
- Dysphagia 2012, SpringerPart I.Anatomy and Physiology --Anatomy and Physiology /Olle Ekberg and Göran Nylander --Saliva and the Control of Its Secretion /Jörgen Ekström, Nina Khosravani, Massimo Castagnola and Irene Messana --Feeding and Respiration /Olle Ekberg, Anna I. Hårdemark Cedborg, Katarina Bodén, Hanne Witt Hedström and Richard Kuylenstierna, et al. --Oral and Pharyngeal Function and Dysfunction /Olle Ekberg --Part II.Evaluation of Symptoms --Evaluation of Symptoms /Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert --Neurology of Swallowing and Dysphagia /Mario Prosiegel --Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Globus, and Dysphagia /Jacqui Allen and Peter C. Belafsky --Pediatric Aspect of Dysphagia /Pascale Fichaux Bourin, Michèle Puech and Virginie Woisard --Dysphagia in Systemic Disease /Thomas Mandl and Olle Ekberg --The Geriatric Pharynx and Esophagus /Olle Ekberg --Voice and Dysphagia /Daniele Farneti --Psychiatric Aspects of Dysphagia /Margareta Bülow --Part III.Imaging and other Examination Techniques --The Clinical and Radiological Approach to Dysphagia /Peter Pokieser and Martina Scharitzer --Imaging Techniques and Some Principles of Interpretation (Including Radiation Physics) /Olle Ekberg --Pharyngeal Morphology /Stephen E. Rubesin --Morphology of the Esophagus /Marc S. Levine and Arastoo Vossough --The Pediatric Esophagus /Jane E. Benson --Pharyngeal Manometry /Rolf Olsson --Esophageal Manometry and Gastroesophageal Reflux Monitoring /Karin Aksglæde, Per Thommesen and Peter Funch-Jensen --Impedance Planimetry /Johannes Lenglinger --Radiologic Evaluation of Esophageal Function /Wolfgang Schima, Edith Eisenhuber and Christiane Kulinna-Cosentini --Neuroimaging in Patients with Dysphagia /Kasim Abul-Kasim --Cross-Sectional Imaging of the Oesophagus Using CT and PET/Techniques /Ahmed Ba-Ssalamah, Barbara J. Fueger and Wolfgang Schima --Endoscopy of the Pharynx and Esophagus /Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert and Rainer Schöfl --Part IV.Treatment --The Therapeutic Swallowing Study /Margareta Bülow and Bonnie Martin-Harris --Surgical Aspects of Pharyngeal Dysfunction, Dysphagia, and Aspiration /Hans F. Mahieu and Martijn P. Kos --The Post-Operative Pharynx and Larynx /Anita Wuttge-Hannig and Christian Hannig --Dysphagia Evaluation and Treatment After Head and Neck Surgery and/or Chemo-radiotherapy for Head and Neck Malignancies /Antonio Schindler, Francesco Mozzanica and Filippo Barbiera --Behavioural Treatment of Oropharyngeal Dysphagia: Bolus Modification and Management, Sensory and Motor Behavioural Techniques, Postural Adjustments, and Swallow Manoeuvres /Renée Speyer --Rheological Aspects of Swallowing and Dysphagia /Edmundo Brito-de la Fuente, Olle Ekberg and Críspulo Gallegos --The Dietitian's Role in Diagnosis and Treatment of Dysphagia /S. Burton, A. Laverty and M. Macleod --Direct and Indirect Therapy: Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Dysphagia After Stroke /Satish Mistry, Emilia Michou, Dipesh H. Vasant and Shaheen Hamdy --Intervention on the Esophagus /Jason D. Conway, David J. Ott and Michael Y. Chen --The Importance of Enteral Nutrition /Christina Stene and Bengt Jeppsson --Part V.Complications --Complications of Oropharyngeal Dysphagia: Malnutrition and Aspiration Pneumonia /Silvia Carrión, Eric Verin, Pere Clavé and Alessandro Laviano --Dehydration in Dysphagia /Zeno Stanga, Samuel Hannes Baldinger and Pere Clavé.
- EAES guidelines for endoscopic surgery 2006, Springer
- Early gastrointestinal cancers 2012, SpringerClinically relevant study end points in rectal cancer -- Neoadjuvant treatment in rectal cancer : do we always need radiotherapy or can we risk assess locally advanced rectal cancer better? -- Treatment dilemmas in patients with synchronous colorectal liver metastases -- Pancreatic surgery : beyond the traditional limits -- Adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer -- Radiotherapy of the pancreas : state of the art in 2012 -- Adenocarcinoma of the GEJ : gastric or oesophageal cancer? -- Why is there a change in patterns of GE cancer? -- Endoscopic treatment for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma -- Open or minimally invasive resection for oesophageal cancer? -- Choosing the best treatment for esophageal cancer -- Multimodal therapy of GEJ cancer : when is the definitive radiochemotherapy the treatment of choice? -- Radiotherapy of gastroesophageal junction cancer -- Optimizing neoadjuvant chemotherapy through the use of early response evaluation by positron emission tomography -- Optimal surgery for gastric cancer : is more always better? -- Can adjuvant chemoratiotherapy replace extended lymph node dissection in gastric cancer? -- Predicting the response to chemotherapy in gastric adenocarcinoma : who benefits from neoadjuvant chemotherapy? -- Prediction of response and prognosis by a score including only pretherapeutic parameters in 410 neoadjuvant treated gastric cancer patients -- Adjuvant chemotherapy : an option for Asian patients only? -- Selecting the best treatment for an individual patient.
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen 2012, SpringerThe term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- Endoscopic oncology 2006, SpringerBarrett's esophagus : screening, diagnosis, and management / Glenn M. Eisen -- Endoscopic screening for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus / Brian C. Jacobson -- Image enhancement endoscopy / Stephan M. Wildi and Michael B. Wallace -- Staging of esophageal cancer / Jason Vollweiler and Gregory Zuccaro, Jr. -- Endoscopic therapy for early esophageal cancer and premalignant lesions in Barrett's esophagus / Granapathy A. Prasad and Kenneth K. Wang -- Endoscopic therapy for advanced esophageal cancer / Sanjay Jagannath and Marcia I. Canto -- Radiological imaging of the upper gastrointestinal tract / Marc S. Levine -- Esophageal cancer therapy : surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy / John M. Holland and Christopher A. Canning -- Premalignant lesions of the stomach / Omid A. Shaye and Andrew Ippoliti -- Gastric polyps / George A. Makar and Gregory G. Ginsberg -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging gastric cancer / Gregory Olds and Amitabh Chak -- Endoscopic treatment for gastric cancer / Takuji Gotoda and Roy M. Soetikno -- Diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal lymphoma / John G. Kuldau, Peter R. Holman, and Thomas J. Savides -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors / Raquel E. Davila -- Carcinoid tumors / Wilscott E. Naugler and Gordon C. Hunt -- Medical and surgical therapy for gastric cancer / Diane Hershock -- Colorectal cancer screening / Jason A. Dominitz and William M. Grady --Polyposis and familial cancer syndromes / Fernando S. Velayos, Madhulika G. Varma, and Jonathan P. Terdiman -- Endoscopic colon surveillance : post-polypectomy, post-colorectal cancer resection, and inflammatory bowel disease / Douglas B. Nelson and Mandeep S. Sawhney -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging rectal and anal cancer / Deepak V. Gopal -- Endoscopic therapy of colorectal carcinoma / Vaman Jakribettuu and Yang K. Chen -- Radiological imaging of the lower gastrointestinal tract / Steven E. Rubesin -- Current status of colorectal cancer therapy / John Strother ... [et al.] -- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas / William R. Brugge -- Diagnosis and evaluation of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma / Kenneth H. Yu and Nuzhat A. Ahmad -- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas : endoscopic palliation / Georgios I. Papachristou, Kevin McGrath, and Adam Slivka -- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors / Erik-Jan Wamsteker and James M. Scheiman -- Endoscopic diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinoma / Vanessa M. Shami and Irving Waxman -- Ampullary neoplasia / Ian D. Norton -- Magnetic resonance imaging of neoplasms of the pancreatobiliary system / Evan S. Siegelman and Wendy C. Hsu -- Medical and surgical therapy of pancreatic cancer / Weijing Sun, Jon Morris, and Jeffrey Drebin -- Endoscopic ultrasound for thoracic disease / Timothy Woodward, Massimo Raimondo, and Michael B. Wallace.
- Endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus 2009, SpringerNew technologies for imaging of Barrett's esophagus -- Argon plasma coagulation in Barrett's esophagus: the most widely available technique -- Radiofrequency ablation for eradication of Barrett's esophagus: a description of the endoscopic technique, its clinical results, and future prospects -- Decision making in ablation: disease, patients, and institutional factors -- Multipolar electrocoagulation (MPEC): an early, widely available technique -- Endoscopic mucosal resection in Barrett's esophagus: endoscopic surgery -- Combination: multimodal therapy -- Photodynamic therapy (PDT): the best-validated technique -- Cyroablation of Barrett's esophagus -- Cost-effectiveness of endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis 2012, Springer
- Epidemiology of alimentary diseases 2005, Springer
- Extracellular matrix and the liver 2003, ScienceDirect
- Fecal incontinence 2007, Springer
- Fibrocystic diseases of the liver 2010, SpringerEmbryology and development of the ductal plate / Clifford W. Bogue -- Cholangiocyte biology as relevant to cystic liver diseases / Silvia Lecchi ... [et al.] -- Cholangiocyte cilia and basal bodies / Tatyana V. Masyuk, Anatoliy I. Masyuk, and Nicholas F. LaRusso -- Genetics of fibrocystic diseases of the liver and molecular approaches to therapy / Maya Tuchman, William A. Gahl, and Meral Gunay-Aygun -- Radiologic findings in the fibrocystic diseases / Orpheus Kolokythas and Grace Phillips -- Pathology of fibrocystic diseases of the liver / Camtu D. Nguyen Truong and Matthew M. Yeh -- Alagille Syndrome and JAGGED1/NOTCH sequence / Binita M. Kamath, Kathleen M. Loomes, and David A Piccoli -- Biliary atresia and the ductal plate / Ronald J. Sokol and Cara L. Mack --Nephronophthisis and renal-hepatic-pancreatic dysplasia of Ivemark / David A. Myers and Jordan M. Symons -- Meckel and Joubert syndromes / Melissa A. Parisi, Laura S. Finn, and Ian A. Glass -- Bardet-Biedl and Jeune syndromes / Aoife M. Waters and Philip L Beales -- Congenital disorders of glycosylation and their effects on the liver / Erik A. Eklund and Hudson H. Freeze -- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease / Jodi M. Smith and Ruth A. McDonald -- Caroli disease, Caroli syndrome, and Congenital hepatic fibrosis / Ronen Arnon, Henrietta Kotlus Rosenberg, and Frederick J. Suchy -- Simple hepatic cysts/choledochal cysts / André A. S. Dick and Patrick J. Healey -- Autosomal dominant polycystic liver disease / Qi Qian, Vicente E. Torres, and Stefan Somlo -- Echinococcal/Hydatid cysts of the liver / Paul S. Pottinger, Austin Spitzer, and Raymond R. Yeung -- Miscellaneous cystic lesions of the liver / Iris W. Liou -- Vascular complications of fibrocystic liver disease / Maarouf Hoteit and Patrick S. Kamath -- Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma / Paolo Del Poggio, Ezio Pezzica, and Daniela Corti -- Cholangitis / Shayan Irani and Richard Kozarek -- Surgical management of fibrocystic liver disease / Meelie DebRoy.
- Fluorescent imaging 2013, KargerHistory and basic technique of fluorescence imaging for hepatobiliary-pancreatic surgery / Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Identification of hepatocellular carcinoma / Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Identification of metastatic liver cancer / Lim, C.; Vibert, E. -- Identification of occult liver metastases / Yokoyama, N.; Otani, T. -- Application of fluorescence imaging to hepatopancreatobiliary surgery / Hutteman, M.; Verbeek, F.P.R.; Vahrmeijer, A.L. -- Applications of indocyanine green fluorescence imaging to liver transplantation / Kawaguchi, Y.; Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Staining of liver segments / Aoki, T.; Murakami, M. -- Visualization of cholecystic venous flow for hepatic resection in gallbladder carcinoma / Kai, K. -- Fluorescence cholangiography in open surgery / Mitsuhashi, N.; Shimizu, H.; Miyazaki, M. -- Fluorescence cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy : experience in Japan / Tagaya, N. [and six others] -- Fluorescence cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy experience in Argentina / Dip, F. [and five others] -- Novel laparoscopic fluorescence imaging for identification of pancreatic and hepatobiliary cancer / Bouvet, M.; Hoffman, R.M. -- Novel fluorescent probes for identification of liver cancer and pancreatic leak / Yamashita, S. [and six others] -- Novel fluorescent probes for intraoperative cholangiography / Vinegoni, C. [and five others] -- Endomicroscopic examination using fluorescent probes / Goetz, M.
- Focal liver lesions 2005, Springer
- Free radical biology in digestive diseases 2011, KargerFree radicals and lipid peroxidation / Niki, E. -- Mitochondria as source of free radicals / Majima, H.J. ... [et al.] -- The Nox family of NADPH oxidases that deliberately produce reactive oxygen species / Sumimoto, H., Minakami, R., Miyano, K. -- Neutrophil-dependent oxidative stress in inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases / Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Oxidative DNA damage and carcinogenesis / Jiang, L., Toyokuni, S. -- Plasma marker of oxidative stress in circulation and in tissue / Yamamoto, Y. -- Immunochemical detection of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-specific epitopes / Uchida, K. -- Carbon monoxide-dependent regulation of microvascular function : one gas regulates another / Suematsu, M., Kajimura, M., Kabe, Y. -- Nrf2-Keap1 signaling as a prime chemopreventive target for antioxidative and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals / Surh, Y.-J. -- Free radicals and gastric mucosal injury / Ock, C.Y. ... [et al.] -- Free radicals in helicobacter pylori infection / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Free radical and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced small intestinal injury / Handa, O., Naito, Y. -- Free radicals in inflammatory bowel disease / Takagi, T., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Free radicals and chronic hepatitis C / Sakaida, I -- Free radicals and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease/nonalcoholic steatohepatitis / Sumida, Y., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Role of free radicals in pancreatitis / Hamada, S., Shimosegawa, T. -- Free radicals and cancer treatment / Kokura, S.
- Frontiers in celiac disease 2008, KargerHistorical perspective of celiac disease / Guandalini, S. -- Natural history of celiac disease / Kaukinen, K.; Collin, P.; Mäki, M. -- The changing clinical presentation of celiac disease / Lebenthal, E.; Shteyer, E.; Branski, D. -- The global village of celiac disease / Catassi, C.; Yachha, S.K. -- HLA and non-HLA genes in celiac disease / Zhernakova, A.; Wijmenga, C. -- Twins and family contribution to genetics of celiac disease / Greco, L.; Stazi, M.A.; Clerget-Darpoux, F. -- Biochemistry and biological properties of gliadin peptides / Barone, M.V.; Auricchio, S. -- Innate immunity and celiac disease / Meresse, B. ... [et al.] -- Celiac disease: across the threshold of tolerance / Koning, F. -- The role of the intestinal barrier function in the pathogenesis of celiac disease / Fasano, A.; Schulzke, J.D. -- Diagnosis of coeliac disease: open questions / Auricchio, R.; Troncone, R. -- Current guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease / Caicedo, R.A.; Hill, I.D. -- Current therapy / Stern, M. -- Update on the management of refractory coeliac disease / Al-toma, A.; Verbeek, W.H.M.; Mulder, C.J.J. -- The National Institutes of Health consensus conference report / Cohen, M.B.; Barnard, J.A. -- Beyond coeliac disease toxicity: detoxified and non-toxic grains / Gilissen, L.J.W.J.; van der Meer, I.M.; Smulders, M.J.M. -- Oral glutenase therapy for celiac sprue / Ehren, J.; Khosla, C. -- Inhibitors of intestinal barrier dysfunction / Paterson, B.M.; Turner, J.R. -- Development of a vaccine for celiac disease / Anderson, R.P. -- Regulatory T cells in the coeliac intestinal mucosa: a new perspective for treatment? / Gianfrani, C. ... [et al.] -- Strategies for prevention of celiac disease / Hogen Esch, C.E. ... [et al.] -- Towards preventing celiac disease: an epidemiological approach / Ivarsson, A.; Myléus, A.; Wall, S. -- Animal models of celiac disease / Marietta, E.V.; Murray J.A.; David C.S.
- Frontiers in viral hepatitis 2003, ScienceDirect
- Frozen section library. Appendix, colon, and anus 2010, SpringerIntraoperative evaluation of colorectal specimens containing cancer -- Intraoperative evaluation for extracolonic disease in colon cancer patients -- Metastases and mimics of colorectal carcinoma -- Non-epithelial tumors of the colorectum -- Frozen section assessment of the colorectum in the pediatric population -- Frozen section evaluation of the appendix -- Frozen section evaluation of anal disease.
- Frozen section library. Pancreas 2011, Springer
- Fundamentals of virtual colonoscopy 2005, Springer
- Gastroenterology and nutrition. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectOverview of digestion and absorption / Josef Neu -- Maturation of motor function in the preterm infant and gastroesophageal reflux / Anna Marla Hibbs -- Development of gastrointestinal motility reflexes / Sudarshan Rao Jadcherla -- Development of the intestinal mucosal barrier / Allan Walker and Camilia Martin -- The developing intestinal microbiome and its relationship to health and disease / Josef Neu -- The developing intestine as an immune organ / Patricia Lin -- The developing gastrointestinal tract in relation to autoimmune disease, allergy, and atopy / Outi Vaarala -- What are the controversies for basic intestinal development and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Nutritional requirements of the very-low-birthweight infant / Patti Thureen and William Hay Jr. -- Controversies in neonatal nutrition : macronutrients and micronutrients / Frank R. Greer -- Regulation of protein synthesis and proteolysis in the neonate by feeding / Tracy Gautsch Anthony and Susan Hazels Mitmesser -- Lipids for neonates / Sheila M. Innis -- Human milk feeding of the high-risk neonate / Christina Valentine -- Nutritional requirements for the neonate : what are the controversies and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Necrotizing enterocolitis / Josef Neu -- Special nutrition of the surgical neonate / Tom Jaksic -- Controversies in short bowel syndrome / Marc Rhoads -- Neonatal cholestasis / Joel Andres -- The neonatal gastrointestinal tract as a conduit to systemic inflammation and developmental delays / Josef Neu and James Wynn -- Adult consequences of neonatal and fetal nutrition : mechanisms / Robert Lane -- Technologies for the evaluation of enteral feeding readiness in premature infants / Josef Neu -- What are the controversies for these clinical conditions and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu.
- Gastroesophageal reflux and the lung 2013, Springer
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease 2006, Springer
- Gastrointestinal and liver disease nutrition desk reference 2012, CRCnetBASE"Presents the nutritional consequences and considerations of digestive disorders. Examines the role of nutrition in gastrointestinal and liver disease, including alcoholic and nonalcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, malabsorption, colorectal disease, transplantation, pancreatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Includes chapters on food allergy and intolerance, the effects of medicinal plants, and the role of fiber in the gastrointestinal tract. Addresses the challenges of managing nutritional issues for hospitalized patients, and covers eating disorders and ethical issues."--Excerpted from abstract provided by publisher.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding 2010, SpringerPart 1. Upper GI Bleeding -- Stabilization of Patients Presenting with Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Errol L. Bush and Mark L. Shapiro -- Urgent Workup for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Loretta Erhunmwunsee and Sandhya A. Lagoo-Deenadayalan -- Management of Esophageal Variceal Bleeding / Keki Balsara and Lisa Pickett -- Management of Dieulafoy's Lesions / Seraina K. Faes, Brian R. Untch, Claire Edwards, John Turner and Martin Poleski, et al. -- Management of Bleeding Peptic Ulcer Disease / James C. Padussis and Theodore N. Pappas -- Management of Unusual Sources of Upper GI Bleeding / Elisabeth Tracy and Janet Tuttle-Newhall -- Mallory-Weiss Syndrome / Jacob N. Schroder and Malcolm S. Branch -- Management of Bleeding Small Bowel Tumors / Keri E. Lunsford and Aurora D. Pryor -- Management of Bleeding from the Bile Duct / Carlos E. Marroquin and Bridget M. Marroquin -- Management of Bleeding from the Pancreas / Eugene P. Ceppa and Dana Portenier -- Part 2. Lower GI Bleeding -- Urgent Workup of Lower GI Bleeding / Dawn M. Emick and Leila Mureebe -- Bleeding Hemorrhoids / Kelley A. Hutcheson and Danny O. Jacobs -- Management of Bleeding Colitis and Colonic Diverticular Disease / Sebastian G. de la Fuente, Hardeep S. Ahluwalia, Alex Perez and John Migaly -- Colonic Arteriovenous Malformations / Sebastian G. de la Fuente and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Bleeding Colonic Tumors / Vanessa A. Olcese and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Part 3. GI Bleeding from an Unknown Source -- Evaluation of the Guaiac Positive Patient / Rebecca Burbridge and Melissa Teitelman -- Obscure GI Bleeding: Capsule and Double-Balloon Techniques / Stephen Philcox -- Provocative Angiography / Mayur B. Patel, Charles Y. Kim and Michael J. Miller -- The Unstable Patient with Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Surgical and Non-surgical Management / Rebecca P. Petersen and Aurora D. Pryor .
- Gastrointestinal cancer 2005, Springer
- Gastrointestinal cancer atlas for endoscopic therapy 2009, Springer
- Gastrointestinal carcinoma 2008, Springer
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in practice 2011, ScienceDirectIntroduction to endoscopy -- Preparation for Endoscopy -- Diagnostic Upper Endoscopy -- 4 Diagnostic Colonoscopy -- 5 Small Bowel Endoscopy: Indications and Technique -- Advanced Imaging -- Interventional Endoscopy -- Complications of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy -- Endosonography -- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Gastrointestinal oncology 2011, Springer
- Gastrointestinal pathology. 3rd ed. 2008, OvidGeneral features of the gastrointestinal tract and evaluation of specimens derived from it -- The nonneoplastic esophagus -- The neoplastic esophagus -- The nonneoplastic stomach -- The neoplastic stomach -- The nonneoplastic small intestine -- Epithelial tumors of the small intestine -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the appendix -- The neoplastic appendix -- Motility disorders -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyposis and hereditary cancer syndromes -- The nonneoplastic colon -- Epithelial neoplasms of the colon -- The nonneoplastic anus -- Neoplastic lesions of the anus -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine lesions -- Lymphoproliferative disorders of the gastrointestinal tract -- Mesenchymal tumors.
- Gastrointestinal physiology 2006, AccessMedicineFunctional anatomy of the GI tract and organs draining into it -- Neurohumoral regulation of gastrointestinal function -- Gastric secretion -- Pancreatic and salivary secretion -- Water and electrolyte absorption and secretion -- Intestinal mucosal immunology and ecology -- Esophageal motility -- Gastric motility -- Intestinal motility -- Functional anatomy of the liver and biliary system -- Bile formation and secretion -- Gallbladder function -- Bilirubin formation and excretion by the liver -- Ammonia and urea -- Carbohydrate, protein and water soluble vitamin assimilation -- Lipid assimilation.
- Gastrointestinal tract sonography in fetuses and children 2008, Springer
- Gastroparesis 2012, Springer
- Genetics of colorectal cancer 2009, Springer
- GI microbiota and regulation of the immune system 2008, SpringerOverview of gut immunology / Katie Lynn Mason ... [et al.] -- The commensal microbiology of the gastrointestinal tract / Janet M. Manson, Marcus Rauch and Michael S. Gilmore -- Overview of the gastrointestinal microbiota / -- Vincent B. Young and Thomas M. Schmidt -- Effects of microbiota on GI health : -- Gnotobiotic research / Robert Doug Wagner -- Positive interactions with the microbiota : probiotics / Marko Kalliomøki, Seppo Salminen and Erika Isolauri -- Negative interactions with the microbiota : IBD / Nita H. Salzman and Charles L. Bevins -- Diet, immunity, and functional foods / Lesley Hoyles and Jelena Vulevic -- Host : microbe communication within the GI tract / Christopher A. Allen and Alfredo G. Torres -- Host : microbe symbiosis : the squid, vibrio association : a naturally occurring, experimental model of animal/bacterial partnerships / Margaret McFall-Ngai -- The "microflora hypothesis" of allergic disease / Andrew Shreiner, Gary B. Huffnagle and Mairi C. Noverr -- The damage : response framework of microbial pathogenesis and infectious diseases / Liise-anne Pirofski and Arturo Casadevall.
- GISTs -- gastrointestinal stromal tumors 2011, Springer
- Glissonean pedicle transection method for hepatic resection 2007, Springer
- Handbook of liver disease. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of pediatric obesity Clinical management / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- HCV infection and cryoglobulinemia 2012, Springer
- Hepatic caudate lobe resection 2010, Springer
- Hepatic encephalopathy 2012, SpringerPart 1.Pathogenesis. --Role of Ammonia in the Pathogenesis of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jan Albrecht --Neuroinflammation in the Pathogenesis of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Roger F. Butterworth --Inflammation and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Shabnam S. Shabbir, Amit Singh Seyan and Debbie Lindsay Shawcross --Oxidative Stress in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Arumugam R. Jayakumar and Michael D. Norenberg --The Role of Natural Benzodiazepines Receptor Ligands in Hepatic Encephalopathy /E. Anthony Jones and Kevin D. Mullen --Introduction, Nomenclature, and Classification of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash --Part 2.Diagnosis. --Diagnosis of Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy /Karin Weissenborn --Diagnosis of Minimal Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jennifer Y. Montgomery and Jasmohan S. Bajaj --The Electroencephalogram in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Piero Amodio --Brain Imaging in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Rita García-Martínez and Juan Córdoba.Part 3.Treatment. --Disaccharides in the Treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Praveen Sharma and Shiv Kumar Sarin --Antibiotic Treatment for Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash --Ornithine Phenylacetate: A Novel Strategy for the Treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Maria Jover-Cobos, Nathan A. Davies, Yalda Sharifi and Rajiv Jalan --Part 4.Special Topics. --Sleep Disorders and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Sara Montagnese --Hepatic Encephalopathy and Driving /Matthew R. Kappus and Jasmohan S. Bajaj --Nutrition and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Manuela Merli, Michela Giusto and Oliviero Riggio --Hepatic Encephalopathy in Patients with Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS) /Martin Rössle and Wulf Euringer --Quality of Life in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jillian Kallman Price and Zobair M. Younossi --Liver Transplantation and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Dileep K. Atluri and Kevin D. Mullen --Future of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash.
- Hepatitis B and D protocols Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Detection, genotypes, and characterization -- v. 2. Immunology, model systems, and clinical studies.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma 2011, SpringerEpidemiology and pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Biology of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Hepatocellular cancer: pathologic considerations -- Screening program in high-risk populations -- Staging of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Multidisciplinary care of the hepatocellular carcinoma patient -- Evidence-based guidelines for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in Japan -- Hepatocellular carcinoma arising in the non-viral, non-alcoholic liver -- Liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Ultrasound-guided liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Portal vein embolization prior to resection -- Laparoscopic liver resection for HCC: a European perspective -- Laparoscopic liver surgery for the management of hepatocellular carcinoma: the American perspective -- Liver transplant for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Vascular resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Microwave ablation and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Transarterial chemoembolization -- Chemoembolization with drug-eluting beads -- Yttrium-90 radioembolotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy and endocrine therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Targeted therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma -- The future: combination systemic therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Follow-up and salvage therapy for recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerEpidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Environmental carcinogens and risk for human liver cancer -- Primary liver cancer: chemical carcinogenesis -- Molecular mechanisms of hepatocellular carcinoma: insights to therapy -- Genomic profiling of human hepatocellular carcinoma -- Pathologic aspects of hepatocellular tumors -- Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with hepatitis B virus -- Hepatitis C and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Metabolic disease and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Clinical features and a clinician's diagnostic approach to hepatocellular carcinoma -- Screening and biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Use of imaging techniques to screen for hepatocellular carcinoma -- MRI for detection and evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Ultrasound of hepatocellular carcinoma: the important contribution of contrast enhancement -- Percutaneous ethanol injection -- Radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Resection of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Living donor liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Medical therapy of HCC -- Percutaneous interventional technique for intra-arterial chemoembolization -- Molecular targeted therapies for HCC -- Radiation therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Psychosocial issues in hepatocellular carcinoma -- Putting it all together.
- Hepatology and transplant hepatology 2011, SpringerGeneral hepatology: Cases 1-26 -- Advanced liver disease: Cases 27-65 -- Transplant hepatology: Cases 66-90.
- Hepatology, principles and practice. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Hepatology, textbook and atlas. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Hereditary colorectal cancer 2010, Springer
- Hirschsprung's disease and allied disorders. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- HIV and liver disease 2012, SpringerHIV epidemic in the USA: current trends, 2010 -- Epidemiology of liver disease in human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons -- Current and future treatment guidelines for HIV -- Pathology of HIV-associated liver disease -- Noninvasive markers of liver injury and fibrosis -- Mechanisms of alcoholic steatosis/steatohepatitis -- Immunopathogenesis of liver injury -- Host gene polymorphisms and disease/treatment outcomes in HIV and viral coinfections -- Effects of HIV on liver cell populations -- HIV replication -- Hepatitis C: natural history -- Natural history of hepatitis B virus in HIV-infected patients -- Other hepatitis viruses and HIV infection -- Hepatitis B virus: replication, mutation, and evolution -- Hepatitis C virus treatment in HIV -- Treatment of hepatitis B in HIV-infected persons -- Prevention of hepatitis infection in HIV-infected persons -- Antiretroviral therapy and hepatotoxicity -- Management of end-stage liver disease and the role of liver transplantation in HIV-infected patients -- Assessment and treatment of alcohol- and substance-use disorders in patients with HIV infection -- Racial disparities in HIV and liver disease -- Quality of life in patients with HIV infection and liver disease.
- Ileoscopy 2012, Springer
- Imaging atlas of the pelvic floor and anorectal diseases 2008, Springer
- Imaging of acute appendicitis in adults and children 2012, Springer
- Imaging of perianal inflammatory diseases 2013, SpringerThis practical volume is intended for all radiologists, gastroenterologists, and surgeons who are responsible for, or interested in, the diagnosis and care of patients with diseases of the anal and perianal region. After an introductory section focusing on surgical, MRI, and US anatomy, up-to-date clinical and therapeutic information is provided on the full range of perianal inflammatory conditions, with special attention to Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and sexually transmitted diseases. Physical and surgical examination is carefully discussed, with consideration of limitations, results, clinical needs, and the questions likely to be posed of imaging. The subsequent three sections provide detailed information on the different imaging modalities: transanal and transperineal ultrasound, contrast-enhanced MRI, and CT. Techniques, diagnostic accuracy, common and unusual disease patterns, artifacts, and pitfalls are clearly presented.
- Part 1. Acute Pancreatitis -- Pathophysiology of Acute Pancreatitis / Peter Shamamian, Peter Kingman, John Mallen-St. Clair and Dafna Bar-Sagi -- Clinical Aspects of Acute Pancreatitis: Features, Prognosis and Use of Imaging Findings in Therapeutic Decision Making / Richard S. Kwon, Koenraad J. Mortele and Peter A. Banks -- The Role of Ultrasound in Acute Pancreatitis / Costanza Bruno, Salvatore Minniti and Giacomo Schenal -- The Role of Computed Tomography / Emil J. Balthazar -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Acute Pancreatitis / Elizabeth Hecht -- Part 2. Pancreatic Trauma -- Pancreatic Trauma / Alec J. Megibow -- Part 3. Chronic Pancreatitis -- Pathophysiology of Chronic Pancreatitis / Giorgio Cavallini and Luca Frulloni -- Clinical Aspects of Chronic Pancreatitis: Features and Prognosis / Luca Frulloni and Giorgio Cavallini -- The Role of Ultrasound / Mirko D'Onofrio -- The Role of Computed Tomography / Rossella Graziani, Daniela Cenzi, Francesca Franzoso, Daniela Coser and Marinella Neri -- The Role of MR Imaging in Chronic Pancreatitis / Lorenzo Cereser, Maria Antonietta Bali, Myriam Delhaye and Celso Matos -- The Role of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) / Myriam Delhaye -- Part 4. Complications of Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis -- Pathology of Chronic Pancreatitis / Giuseppe Zamboni, Paola Capelli and Günter Klöppel -- Clinical Aspect of Complications: Features and Prognoses / Claudio Bassi, Giovanni Butturini, Nora Sartori, Massimo Falconi and Paolo Pederzoli -- Imaging of Pancreatic Pseudocyst / Giovanni Carbognin, Carlo Biasiutti, Chiara Calciolari, Giovanni Foti and Roberto Pozzi Mucelli -- Imaging of Biliary and Vascular Complications / Giancarlo Mansueto, Daniela Cenzi, Giulia Armatura, Riccardo Sante Murano and Alessia Tognolini -- Imaging of Local Extension and Fistulas / Giovanni Carbognin, Chiara Calciolari and Giovanni Foti -- Chronic Pancreatitis vs Pancreatic Tumors / Alessandro Guarise, Niccolò Faccioli, Giovanni Morana and Alec J. Megibow -- The Role of Endoscopy in Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis / David L. Diehl -- Surgical and Interventional Perspective in Chronic Pancreatitis / Massimo Falconi, Letizia Boninsegna, Nora Sartori, Claudio Bassi and Paolo Pederzoli.
- Immune mechanisms in inflammatory bowel disease 2006, SpringerStructure and function of the gut mucosal immune system / Reinhard Pabst and Hermann J. Rothkutter -- Functional aspects of the mucosal immune system / Cathryn Nagler-Anderson -- Recent progress in inflammatory bowel disease genetics / Judy H. Cho -- Microbial and dietary factors in the pathogenesis of chronic, immune-mediated intestinal inflammation / R. Balfour Sartor -- Experimental models of mucosal inflammation / Warren Strober and Ivan J. Fuss -- Overview of role of the immune system in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease / Thomas T. MacDonald and Giovanni Monteleone -- The role of the epithelial barrier in inflammatory bowel disease / Edward E.S. Nieuwenhuis and Richard S. Blumberg -- Involvement of dendritic cells in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease / Francisco Leon ... [et al.] -- Alterations of T lymphocytes in inflammatory bowel diseases / Charles O. Elson, Yingzi Cong and Casey T. Weaver -- The B-cell system in inflammatory bowel disease / Per Brandtzaeg, Hege S. Carlsen and Trond S. Halstensen --Alterations of mesenchymal and endothelial cells in inflammatory bowel diseases / Claudio Fiocchi ... [et al.] -- Role of mast cells and eosinophils in neuroimmune interactions regulating mucosal inflammation in inflammatory bowel disease / Stephan C. Bischoff and Thomas Gebhardt -- Multiparameter analysis of immunogenetic mechanisms in clinical diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel disease / Jonathan Braun and Stephan R. Targan -- The role of probiotics and antibiotics in regulating mucosal inflammation / Rainer Duchmann -- From immunogenic mechanisms to novel therapeutic approaches in inflammatory bowel disease / Martin H. Holtmann and Markus F. Neurath.
- Immunization safety review 2002, NAP
- Incisional hernia 2008, Springer
- Inflammation and gastrointestinal cancers 2011, SpringerBasic concepts of inflammation and its role in carcinogenesis -- Inherited syndromes predisposing to inflammation and GI cancer -- Stem cells and inflammation in the intestine -- Acid reflux and oesophageal cancer -- Helicobacter pylori and gastric cancer -- Inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer -- Primary sclerosing cholangitis -- Chronic inflammation and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Gastrointestinal cancer: current screening strategies -- Targeted drug therapies and cancer -- Genetics of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract and how it can cause cancer -- Endoscopic methods.
- Inflammatory bowel disease. 2nd ed. 2003, Springer
- Inflammatory bowel disease. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Innervation of the mammalian esophagus 2006, Springer
- Innovation in esophageal surgery 2012, Springer
- International practices in pancreatic surgery 2013, SpringerSurgery of the Pancreatic Carcinoma --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Claudio Bassi, Giovanni Butturini, Roberto Salvia --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Jens Werner, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Philippe Bachellier, E. Rosso, D. Jaeck --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Commentary /Tadahiro Takada, Keita Wada, Keiji Sano --Commentary /Andrew L. Warshaw --Chronic Pancreatitis Surgery --Basic Chapter /Hans-Ulrich Schulz, René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /David B. Adams, Katherine A. Morgan --Commentary /P. C. Bornman --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Michael B. Farnell, Ashleigh L. Levendale --Commentary /A. Fingerhut, S. V. Shrikhande, P. J. Shukla --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas: SCN, MCN, IPMN --Basic Chapter /Thilo Hackert, Stefan Fritz, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Katherine A. Morgan, David B. Adams --Commentary /Roberto Salvia, Marco Dal Molin, Claudio Bassi --Commentary /C. Max Schmidt --Commentary /Masao Tanaka --Surgery of Acute Pancreatitis --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans-Ulrich Schulz, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Hans G. Beger, B. M. Rau, B. Poch --Commentary /Peter Fagenholz, Carlos Fernández-del Castillo --Commentary /H. G. Gooszen --Commentary /C. W. Imrie, C. R. Carter --Commentary /Åke Andrén-Sandberg --Commentary /Michael G. Sarr.
- "The aim of this book is to present a concise yet instructive overview of the most common interventional and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures. Although there exists a large amount of literature dealing with therapeutic endoscopy, this publication stands out for several reasons: To begin with, it has been written by a highly selected group of international experts who contribute their own tried and tested tips and tricks. The various techniques are described in a homogeneous fashion, making it easy for the endoscopist to single out the important aspects for his or her own practice. Moreover, the data presented follows evidence-based guidelines, but does not inundate the reader with confusing facts and numbers. Finally, the book is illustrated like an atlas, featuring real-life pictures enhanced by explanatory drawings and algorithms." "This textbook is directed at residents, fellows, gastroenterologists and surgeons interested in therapeutic endoscopy. As the majority of the procedures described are classics that have stood the test of time, it will be a useful companion for many years to come."--BOOK JACKET.
- Intestinal failure and rehabilitation 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Intestinal polyps and polyposis 2009, Springer
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation 2011, SpringerThe immune response to transplanted organs -- The histocompatibility laboratory in clinical transplantation -- Immunosuppressive therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantation -- Clinical pharmacologic principles and immunosuppression -- Pathology of kidney and pancreas transplantation -- Design, conduct, and report of clinical trials of immunosuppressive regimens in solid organ transplantation -- Outcomes of kidney and pancreas transplantation -- Medical and surgical evaluation of the adult kidney transplant candidate -- Selection and preparation of the pancreas transplant recipient -- Kidney transplant recipient surgery -- Issues and surgical techniques to expand the pool of kidneys available for transplantation -- Pancreas transplantation: surgical techniques -- Laparoscopic living kidney donation -- Perioperative and anesthetic management in kidney and pancreas transplantation management -- Surgical complications after kidney transplantation -- Urological complications after kidney transplantation -- Medical management of kidney transplant recipients -- Infectious complications: prevention and management -- Living kidney donation: pre- and post-donation evaluation and management -- Psychology, quality of life and rehabilitation after kidney and pancreas transplantation -- Kidney allocation system for deceased donor kidneys in the united states -- Ethics of transplantation -- Long-term (20-40 years) renal transplant outcomes and classification of long-term patient and allograft survivals -- Quantitative aspects of clinical reasoning: measuring endpoints and performance -- The business of transplantation.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Laparoscopic entry 2012, Springer
- Laparoscopic gastric banding 2011, Springer
- Learning abdominal imaging 2012, Springer
- Liver and biliary tract surgery 2006, Springer
- Liver and pancreatic diseases management 2006, Springer
- Liver anesthesiology and critical care medicine 2012, Springer
- Liver cancer 2009, Springer
- Liver immunology 2007, Springer
- Liver in biology and disease 2004, ScienceDirect
- Liver metastasis 2011, Springer
- Liver MRI 2007, Springer
- Liver transplantation 2009, Springer
- MacSween's Pathology of the liver. 6th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Anatomy, pathophysiology and basic mechanisms of disease / James M. Crawford and Alastair D. Burt -- 2. Cellular and molecular techniques / Pierre Bedossa and Valerie Paradis -- 3. Developmental abnormalities and liver disease in childhood / Bernard C. Portmann and Eve A. Roberts -- 4. Genetic and metabolic liver disease / Richard J. Thompson, Bernard C. Portmann and Eve A. Roberts -- 5. Disorders of iron overload / Alan C. Paterson and Antonello Pietrangelo -- 6. Fatty liver disease : alcoholic and non-alcoholic / Elizabeth M. Brunt, Brent A. Neuschwander-Tetri and Alastair D. Burt -- 7. Acute and chronic viral hepatitis / Neil D. Theise, Henry C. Bodenheimer Jr. and Linda D. Ferrell -- 8. Other viral and infectious diseases and HIV-related liver disease / Sebastian B. Lucas, Sherif R. Zaki and Bernard C. Portmann -- 9. Autoimmune hepatitis / M. Kay Washington and Michael P. Manns -- 10. Diseases of the bile ducts / Yasuni Nakanuma, Yoh Zen and Bernard C. Portmann -- 11. Diseases of the gallbladder / Jorge Albores-Saavedra and Arturo Angeles-Angeles --12. Vascular disorders / Ian R. Wanless and Weei-Yuarn Huang -- 13. Hepatic injury due to drugs, herbal compounds, chemicals and toxins / James H. Lewis and David E. Kleiner -- 14. Tumours and tumour-like lesions of the liver / Zachary D. Goodman, Luigi M. Terracciano and Aileen Wee -- 15. Transplantation pathology / Stefan G. Hübscher and Andrew D. Clouston -- 16. Systemic disease / Alberto Quaglia, Alastair D. Burt, Linda D. Ferrell, Bernard C. Portmann.
- Maingot's Abdominal operations. 12th ed. 2013, AccessSurgery
- Management of abdominal hernias. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2013, SpringerHernia repair is one of the commonest operations in general surgery. Open or laparoscopic repair of a primary inguinal hernia is a relatively straightforward operation, but more complex abdominal wall hernias demand greater surgical skill and knowledge. The editors have assembled the world's top herniologists to describe and illustrate numerous surgical techniques in detail. The field of herniology has developed rapidly over the last few years. Since the previous edition of this book, published in 2003, new surgical techniques have been developed and many new prosthetic and biologic materials have been introduced. Management of Abdominal Hernias 4e presents an authoritative, comprehensive and fully updated account of the surgical techniques and the available prosthetic materials for performing repair of abdominal wall hernias. Both open and laparoscopic methods are included. It is aimed at general and specialist surgeons in the practice of clinical surgery, as well as trainee surgeons.
- Management of colorectal cancers in older people 2013, SpringerThe risk of cancer increases with age and the number of older adults seeking treatment is rising dramatically in line with the aging population. The care of older patients differs from that of younger adults because of variation in the biology of the tumor, age-related variation in host physiology, co-morbidity burden and psychosocial issues, which might impact the efficacy and side effects of cancer therapy. Management of Colorectal Cancers in Older People focuses on treatment strategies of colorectal cancers and provides guidance on the issues specific to older patients, spanning background and epidemiology, special considerations in the care of older people, therapeutics, and psychosocial considerations. This book offers a thorough review of current approaches to treating older colorectal cancer patients, detailing the special issues and considerations involved. The discipline-spanning coverage outlines best practice and proposes topics for future research. The third volume in the Management of Cancer in Older People series, this book will be of interest to all surgical oncologists, medical and radiation oncologists, gerontologists, proctologists and other members of the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of elderly colorectal cancer patients.
- Management of hepatitis C 2002, NLM
- Managing failed anti-reflux therapy 2006, Springer
- Manual of fast track recovery for colorectal surgery 2012, Springer
- Manual of gastroenterology. 4th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Metastasis of colorectal cancer 2010, Springer
- Meyers' Dynamic radiology of the abdomen. 6th ed. 2011, SpringerA new paradigm -- Clinical embryology of the abdomen -- Clinical anatomy of the abdomen -- Mechanisms of spread of disease in the abdomen and pelvis -- Intraperitoneal spread of infections and seeded metastases -- The extraperitoneal spaces: normal and pathologic anatomy -- The extraperitoneal pelvic compartments -- Patterns of spread of disease from the liver -- Patterns of spread of disease from the distal esophagus and stomach -- Patterns of spread of disease from the pancreas -- Patterns of spread of disease from the small intestine -- Patterns of spread of disease from the large intestine -- Patterns of spread of renal, upper urothelial, and adrenal pathology -- Patterns of spread of disease of the pelvis and male urogenital organs -- Patterns of spread of gynecologic disease -- Patterns of extraabdominal and extrapelvic spread -- Internal abdominal hernias.
- Microbial host-interaction 2009, KargerA paradigm for commensalism : the role of a specific microbial polysaccharide in health and disease / Kasper, D.L. -- The hygiene hypothesis : do we still believe in it? / Björkstén, B. -- "ABC" of mucosal immunology / Brandtzaeg, P. -- Innate and adaptive immune pathways to tolerance / Thornton, C.A., Morgan, G. -- Hitting the mucosal road in tolerance induction / Wiedermann, U. -- Obesity : extending the hygiene hypothesis / Isolauri, E. ... [et al.] -- Autoimmunity and diet / Cerf-Bensussan, N. -- Eosinophilic esophagitis : example of an emerging allergic manifestation? / Heine, R.G. -- Microbial-host interactions in inflammatory bowel diseases and experimental colitis / Sartor, R.B. -- Development and regulation of immune responses to food antigens in pre- and postnatal life / Renz, H. ... [et al.] -- Novel approaches in treating food allergy using allergens / Rancé, F. -- Allergen avoidance approaches in food allergy management / Koletzko, S., Koletzko, B. -- Role of dietary immunomodulatory factors in the development of immune tolerance / Prescott, S.L. -- Microbial host interactions : selecting the right probiotics and prebiotics for infants / Salminen, S. ... [et al.] -- Probiotics and prebiotics : immunological and clinical effects in allergic disease / Tang, M.L.K. -- Modified proteins in allergy prevention / von Berg, A.
- Minimally invasive surgery of the liver 2013, SpringerThe treatment of liver diseases comprises a significant component of the practice of any general surgeon, whether working in an academic, a general, or a community hospital. With the rapid expansion in knowledge and technology, the liver has also been approached laparoscopically in specialized centers, with well-recognized advantages for patients. This book aims to communicate the large body of experience that has now been accumulated in minimally invasive liver surgery, with comprehensive and up-to-date information on the newest techniques. After a concise description of the main tools and technology necessary to carry out safe laparoscopic and/or robot-assisted liver surgery, individual operative techniques are explained and illustrated. Each chapter includes introductory information, a summary of indications and contraindications, and a detailed description of surgical procedure, including potential complications of both the surgery and the postoperative care. Special efforts have been taken to ensure that the illustrations are accurate and informative. The text is supplemented by a DVD of different procedures as performed by leading European liver surgeons.
- Models of viral hepatitis 2005, KargerThe woodchuck: a model for immunopathogenesis and therapy of hepadnaviral infection / Roggendorf, M., Lu, M. -- Pathogenesis of hepatitis B virus in transgenic mice / Sitia, G. ... [et al.] -- Transfer of HBV genomes into mice / Oberwinkler, H. ... [et al.] -- Recent advances in the duck hepatitis B virus model of human hepatitis B virus infection / Jilbert, A.R. -- Determinants of hepadnaviral species and liver cell tropism / Funk, A. ... [et al.] -- T-cell response to hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus: lessons learned from the chimpanzee model / Thimme, R. ... [et al.] -- The replicon system as an efficient tool to study HCV RNA replication / Lohmann, V. -- Hepatitis B virus infection of primary tupaia hepatocytes / Kück, J., Glebe, D. -- Tupaia belangeri as a model for hepatitis C virus infection / Baumert, T. ... [et al.] -- Primary human hepatocytes as an in vitro model for hepatitis B virus infection / Boehm, S. ... [et al.] -- Progress and perspectives of the uPA/RAG-2 mouse model: liver repopulation and viral infection studies / Dandri, M. ... [et al.] -- The trimera mouse model of HBV and HCV infection / Bücher, W.O., Reisner, Y.
- Molecular genetics of liver neoplasia 2011, Springer
- Molecular mechanisms of bacterial infection via the gut 2009, SpringerFunctional morphology of the gastrointestinal tract /L. Shen --Vibrio cholerae interactions with the gastrointestinal tract: Lessons from animal studies /J.M. Ritchie and M.K. Waldor --Interaction of Yersinia with the gut: Mechanisms of pathogenesis and immune evasion /P. Dube --Molecular mechanisms of Salmonella virulence and host resistance /Y. Valdez, R.B.R. Ferreira and B.B. Finlay --Virulence mechanisms and persistence strategies of the human gastric pathogen Helicobacter pylori /tW. Fischer, S. Prassl and R. Haas --Listeria as an enteroinvasive gastrointestinal pathogen /S.B. Barbuddhe and T. Chakraborty --Molecular mechanisms of Campylobacter infection /J.P.M. Putten ... [et al.] --Shigella infection of intestinal epithelium and circumvention of the host innate defense system /H. Ashida ... [et al.].
- Molecular pathology of liver diseases 2011, SpringerGross and cellular anatomy of the liver -- Liver zonation -- Hepatocytes -- Biliary epithelial cells -- Stellate cells -- Kupffer cells -- Sinusoidal endothelial cells -- Hepatic carbohydrate metabolism -- Hepatic protein metabolism -- Hepatic lipid metabolism -- Detoxification functions of the liver -- Bile acid metabolism -- Liver development -- Transcriptional control of hepatocyte differentiation -- Bile duct development and biliary differentiation -- Hepatic progenitors in development and transplantation -- Adult liver stem cells -- Liver regeneration -- Senescent liver -- Signaling pathways in the liver -- Hepatocyte transplantation -- Hepatic tissue engineering -- Hepatic gene therapy -- Liver cell death -- Macroautophagy -- Hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury -- Inflammation and liver injury -- Oxidative stress and liver injury -- Fatty liver -- Hepatic fibrosis and cirrhosis -- Biliary cirrhosis -- Cholestasis -- Portal hypertension -- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease -- Alcoholic liver disease -- Viral hepatitis A -- Viral hepatitis B -- Viral hepatitis C -- Viral hepatitis D -- Viral hepatitis E -- Autoimmune hepatitis -- Toxicant-induced liver injury -- Wilson's disease -- Hemochromatosis -- Glycogen storage diseases -- X1-antitrypsin deficiency -- Hepatic artery diseases -- Hepatic venous outflow obstruction -- Primary biliary cirrhosis -- Primary sclerosing cholangitis -- Biliary atresia -- Benign liver tumors -- Hepatoblastoma -- Hepatocyte growth, proliferation and experimental carcinogenesis -- Stem cells and liver cancer -- Primary hepatocellular carcinoma -- Fibrolamellular hepatocellular carcinoma -- Biology of metastatic liver tumors -- Cholangiocarcinoma -- Neoplasms of extrahepatic bile ducts -- Neoplasms of the gallbladder -- Current and future methods for diagnosis of neoplastic liver disease.
- Molecular pathology of neoplastic gastrointestinal diseases 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Mechanisms of Gastrointestinal Carcinogenesis /Frank I. Scott, John P. Lynch -- Epithelial Neoplastic Disease -- Targeted Therapies and Molecular Diagnostics of Gastrointestinal Cancers /Davendra Sohal, Antonia R. Sepulveda, Weijing Sun -- Molecular Pathology of Barrett's Metaplasia and Esophageal Adenocarcinoma /Mamoun Younes -- Molecular Pathology of Squamous Carcinomas of the Esophagus /Rohinton S. Tarapore, Jonathan P. Katz -- Molecular Mechanisms and Pathology of Gastric Carcinogenesis: Sporadic Cancers /Shuko Harada, Antonia R. Sepulveda -- Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer and Other Gastric Cancers Associated with Hereditary Predisposition Syndromes /Fátima Carneiro, Carla Oliveira, Raquel Seruca -- Cancer Predisposition Syndromes of the Gastrointestinal Tract /Ian S. Hagemann, Antonia R. Sepulveda -- Molecular Pathology of Colon and Small Bowel Cancers: Sporadic Type /Asif Rashid -- Cancers of the Rectum and Anal Canal /Jenia Jenab-Wolcott, Bruce Giantonio -- Molecular Pathology of Inflammatory Bowel Disease-Associated Neoplasia /Takeshi Uehara, Deqin Ma, Antonia R. Sepulveda -- Non-Epithelial Neoplastic Tumors -- Molecular Biology and Pathology of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors /Paul J. Zhang -- Neuroendocrine Tumors /Joseph R. Pisegna -- Metastatic Disease and Tumor Markers -- Molecular Mechanisms of Tumor Metastasis /Andrew D. Rhim, Davendra Sohal, Hiroshi Nakagawa -- Circulating Tumor Cells and Nucleic Acids for Tumor Diagnosis /Loren Joseph -- Serological Markers of Digestive Tract Cancers /Jorge L. Sepulveda.
- MR cholangiopancreatography. [2nd ed.]. 2006, Springer
- MRI of the gastrointestinal tract 2010, SpringerMRI of the gastrointestinal tract: coils, sequences, techniques -- MRI of the gastrointestinal tract at high-field strength -- Contrast media for MRI of the gastrointestinal tract -- Dynamic contrast-enhanced and diffusion-weighted MRI of the gastrointestinal tract -- MRI of the esophagus and stomach -- MRI of the upper GI tract motility -- MRI of the duodenum -- MRI of the small bowel: enterography -- MRI of the small bowel: enteroclysis -- MRI of the small bowel: clinical role -- MRI of the colon (MR colonography): technique -- MRI of the colon (colonography): results -- MRI of the rectum -- MRI of bowel motility -- MRI of the peritoneum -- MRI of adhesions and small bowel obstruction -- MRI of acute conditions of the gastrointestinal tract -- MRI of the pelvic floor -- MRI of the anus.
- MRI of the liver. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Multislice-CT of the abdomen 2012, SpringerPhysical Background of Multi Detector Row Computed Tomography /Thomas Flohr --Future Developments for MSCT /Patrik Rogalla --Radiation Exposure and Risk Associated with CT Examinations /Gunnar Brix and Elke A. Nekolla --Contrast Agent Application and Protocols /Markus S. Juchems --Imaging Findings of Cirrhotic Liver /Jeong Min Lee, Dong Ho Lee and Jeong-Hee Yoon --Imaging Findings in Non-Cirrhotic Liver /Daniele Marin and Giuseppe Brancatelli --Liver and Biliary System: Postoperative Findings /Magaly Zappa, Annie Sibert and Valérie Vilgrain --Inflammatory Processes in the Liver and Biliary Tract /Wesley C. Chan and Benjamin M. Yeh --Neoplastic Processes in Biliary System /Tae Kyoung Kim, Korosh Khalili and Hyun-Jung Jang --Assessment of the Hepatic Vessels with MDCT /Rocio Perez-Johnston, Dipti K. Lenhart, Daniella F. Pinho and Dushyant V. Sahani --MSCT Imaging of Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis /Shelby Fishback, David H. Kim and Perry J. Pickhardt --Solid Pancreatic Masses /Alec J. Megibow --Cystic Pancreatic Masses /A. Oto --Imaging CT of the Spleen /Giovanni Morana and Christian Cugini --Imaging of Post Pancreatic Surgery /R. Graziani, S. Mautone, M. C. Ambrosetti, M. Barillari and R. Manfredi, et al. --Renal Masses /Anno Graser and Ullrich G. Mueller-Lisse --Adrenal Masses /Julie H. Song and William W. Mayo-Smith --Inflammatory and Infectious Disease of the Kidney and Urinary Collecting System /Ullrich G. Mueller-Lisse, Ulrike L. Mueller-Lisse, Eva M. Coppenrath and Anno Graser --MSCT of the Stomach /Sameer Ahmed, Karen M. Horton, Elliot K. Fishman and Pamela T. Johnson --Small Bowel /Franco Iafrate, Marco Rengo, Paola Lucchesi, Maria Ciolina and Paolo Baldassari, et al. --MSCT of the Abdomen: Colon, Rectum and CT Colonography /Emanuele Neri, Annalisa Mantarro, Rossella Scandiffio, Pietro Bemi and Lorenzo Faggioni, et al. --Mesenteric and Retroperitoneal Diseases /Antonella Filippone, Roberta Cianci and Antonio Raffaele Cotroneo --Imaging Findings in Acute Abdomen /Borut Marincek.
- NASH and nutritional therapy 2005, Springer
- New challenges in gastrointestinal endoscopy 2008, Springer
- Nuclear hepatology. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Nutrition and gastrointestinal disease 2008, Springer
- Nutritional management of digestive disorders 2011, CRCnetBASEThe history of medical nutrition therapy in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders / Laura Harkness -- Assessment of nutritional status / Laura E. Mataresse -- Management of disorders of deglutition / Ryan F. Porter, Chandra P. Gaywali -- Eosinophilic esophagitis / Alain I. Schoepfer & Alex Straumann -- Management of chronic nausea and vomiting / Greg Sayuk & Chandra P. Gaywali -- Celiac disease / Peter D. Howdle -- Probiotics in irritable bowel syndrome / Eamon Quigley, Fergus Shanahan -- The role of nutrition in inflammatory bowel disease: food for thought / Gerard E. Mullin, Melissa Munsell and Ashwini Davison -- Probiotics for antibiotic-associated diarrhea and clostridium difficile- associated disease / Mario Guslandi -- Endoscopic enteral access and enteral nutrition / Waqar Qureshi, Carol Redel -- Self expanding metal stents in the management of malignant esophageal, gastric outlet, and duodenal obstructions / Francis W. Chan, Priya A. Jamidar -- Management of chronic malabsorption / Piyush Tiwari, Manreet Kaur, Bhaskar Banerjee -- Total parenteral nutrition : theory and application in hospitalized patients / Dominic Reeds -- Home nutrition support / Carol Ireton-Jones, David S. Seres -- Intestinal failure, liver disease related to parenteral nutrition and intestinal transplantation / Khalid Khan -- Nutrition in acute pancreatitis / Remy F. Meier, Robert Martindale -- Nutrition in liver disease / Mathias Plauth, Tatjana Schutz -- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease / Kevin Korenblat -- Weight management strategies / Shelby Sullivan -- Bariatric surgery / Alessandrina Freitas, John F. Sweeney -- Obesity and gastrointestinal cancer / Yume Nguyen, B. Banerjee -- Nutrition and colon cancer prevention / Petr Protiva.
- Obesity 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Open, laparoscopic and robotic hepatic transection 2012, Springer
- Traditional postoperative management and fast-track care pathways -- Development of laparoscopic colorectal surgery -- Instrumentation and setup -- Key operative steps -- Operative procedures. Segmental colectomy ; Rectal surgery ; Total colectomy ; Stoma formation -- Dealing with complications and other technical tricks -- Other useful techniques.
- Pancreatic cancer 2008, Springer
- Pancreatic cytopathology 2007, SpringerIntroduction to Pancreatic Cytopathology -- Pancreatic Cytopathology: A Pragmatic Approach -- Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma and Its Variants -- Ancillary Testing for the Diagnosis of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma -- Acinar Cell Carcinoma -- Pancreatoblastoma -- Solid-Pseudopapillary Neoplasm -- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors -- Cystic Muscus-Producing Neoplasia: Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms and Mucinous Cystic Neoplasms -- Other Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas -- Inflammatory Disease of the Pancreas -- Secondary Malignancies of the Pancreas.
- Pancreatic disease-- protocols and clinical research 2010, SpringerPart 1. Potential Trials in Acute Pancreatitis -- Acute Pancreatitis in Intensive Care / John Kinsella, Barry Clements, Euan Dickson, Thierry Dugernier and Martin Hughes -- Antibiotic Prophylaxis in Acute Severe Pancreatitis: Should We Have a Further Study? / Jens Werner, Kevin C. P. Conlon, Hjalmar C. van Santvoort, Caroline S. Verbeke and Sakhawat H. Rahman -- Designing an Optimal Study for the Management of Infected Pancreatic Necrosis / Marc G. H. Besselink, Hjalmar C. van Santvoort, Ross Carter, Richard M. Charnley and Damian J. Mole, et al. -- Nutrition in Acute Pancreatitis / Hemant M. Kocher, Christos Dervenis, Attila Oláh, William R. Murray and Barry Clements, et al. -- An Optimal Randomized Study for Pain Control in Acute Pancreatitis / Åke Andrén-Sandberg, Julia V. Mayerle, Ajith K. Siriwardena, David P. Berry and Gareth R. Kirk, et al. -- Part 2. Potential Trials in chronic Pancreatitis -- Endoscopic Versus Surgical Drainage for Chronic Pancreatitis / Stephen P. Pereira, Shivi S. Siva and Colin D. Johnson -- Duodenum-Preserving Pancreatic Resection with Pancreatic Duct Drainage: What Is the Role of Supraduodenal Biliary Drainage? / Emre F. Yekebas, Christos Dervenis, Richard M. Charnley, Bettina M. Rau and Jens Werner, et al. -- Part 3. Potential Trials in Pancreatic Cancer -- Pain Management and Nutritional Support in Nonresectable Pancreatic Cancer / David P. Berry, Richard M. Charnley, Christos Dervenis, Gareth R. Kirk and Francis Regan, et al. -- Endoscopic Therapy in the Palliation of Nonresectable Pancreatic Cancer / Attila Oláh, William R. Murray, Colin J. McKay, Åke Andrén-Sandberg and Sakhawat H. Rahman, et al. -- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors / Damian J. Mole, Caroline S. Verbeke and Nicholas S. Reed -- The Role of the Systemic Inflammatory Response in Predicting Outcome in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer / Donald C. McMillan -- Part 4. Topic reviews -- Botulinum Toxin and the Sphincter of Oddi / William R. Murray -- The European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer (ESPAC) Trials / Paula Ghaneh, Khaled Dajani, Michael G. T. Raraty, Robert Suttton and John P. Neoptolemos.
- Pancreatitis and its complications 2005, SpringerEpidemiology and pathophysiology of acute pancreatitis / Anil B. Nagar and Fred S. Gorelick -- Diagnosis and risk stratification of acute pancreatitis / Frank Burton -- Gallstone pancreatitis / Matthias Kraft and Markus M. Lerch -- Other causes of acute pancreatitis / Charles D. Ulrich -- Treatment of mild acute pancreatitis and prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis / Michael Morelli and Lehel Somogyi -- Treatment of severe acute pancreatitis / Peter Draganov -- Pancreatic necrosis and infections in patients with acute pancreatitis / Michael L. Kendrick and Michael G. Sarr --Pancreatic fluid collections and pseudocysts in patients with acute pancreatitis / Michael F. Byrne and John Baillie -- Epidemiology of chronic pancreatitis / Albert B. Lowenfels and Patrick Maisonneuve -- Risk, etiology, and pathophysiology of chronic pancreatitis / David C. Whitcomb -- Natural history of chronic pancreatitis / Supot Pongprasobchai and Jonathan E. Clain -- Diagnosis of chronic pancreatitis / Chris E. Forsmark --Treatment of chronic pancreatitis pain: overview and medical management / Phillip P. Toskes -- Endoscopic approach to chronic pancreatitis / Lee McHenry, Glen Lehman, and Stuart Sherman -- Surgery for chronic pancreatitis / Martin D. Smith, Elias Degiannis, and Selwyn M. Vickers --Treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency / Supot Pongprasobchai and Eugene P. DiMagno -- Complications of chronic pancreatitis / John Petersen and Chris E. Forsmark.
- Pathogenesis and clinical practice in gastroenterology 2008, Springer
- Pathology of the esophagus. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Pediatric gastrointestinal disorders 2006, Springer
- Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease 2008, Springer
- Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease 2009, KargerPathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease / di Nardo, G., Cucchiara, S. -- Epidemiology in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease / Koletzko, S. -- Genetics of inflammatory bowel disease / Cooney, R., Jewell, D. -- Pathology of inflammatory bowel disease in children / Harpaz, N. -- Early-onset inflammatory bowel disease : infant, toddler, and pre-school / Lebenthal, E., Branski, D., Walker-Smith, J.A. -- Radiological and imaging features / Laghi, A. ... [et al.] -- Endoscopic modalities in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease / Venkatesh, K., Thomson, M. -- Approach to clinical diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease / Bousvaros, A. -- Growth and puberty in inflammatory bowel disease / Savage, M.O., Mark Beattie, R., Sanderson, I.R.S. -- Treatment by enteral nutrition in inflammatory bowel disease / Köglmeier, J., Heuschkel, R. -- Medical therapy for inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents / Kappelman, M.D., Rufo, P.A. -- Surgical therapy / McCrudden Erickson, K., Teitelbaum, D.H., Coran, A.G. -- Transition to adult care / Hait, E.J. ... [et al.].
- Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Second edition. 2013, Springer
- Pediatric neurogastroenterology 2013, Springer
- Pharmacotherapy of obesity 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Physiology of the gastrointestinal tract. 4th ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Physiology of the gastrointestinal tract. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectV. I. Sect. I. Basic cell physiology, genetics, and growth of the GI tract. Transcription and epigenetic regulation / Juanita L. Merchant -- Post-translational processing of gastrointestinal peptides / Graham S. Baldwin -- Genetic tools in gastrointestinal diseases / Clara Abraham and Judy Cho -- Signaling pathways induced by G-protein-coupled receptors / Enrique Rozengurt -- Transgenic animal models of gastrointestinal function / Marie-Pier Tetreault and Jonathan P. Katz -- Gastrointestinal function / Marie-Pier Tetreault and Jonathan P. Katz -- Gastrointestinal peptides: gastrin, cholecystokinin, somatostatin, and ghrelin / Celia Chao and Mark R. Hellmich -- Postpyloric gastrointestinal peptides / Guillermo A. Ggomez, Ella W. Englander, and George H. Greeley, Jr. -- Growth factors in the gastrointestinal tract / John F. Kuemmerle -- Developmental signaling networks: WNT/[beta]-catenin signaling in the gastrointestinal tract / Guido T. Bommer and Eric R. Fearon -- Hedgehog signaling in gastrointestinal morphogenesis and morphostasis / Willemijn A. van Dop and Gijs R. van den Brink -- Notch pathway regulation of intestinal cell fate / Kelli L. Van Dussen, Peter J. Dempsey, and Linda C. Samuelson --Stem cells in the gastrointestinal tract / Nicholas A. Wright -- Programmed cell death in the gastrointestinal tract / Leonard R. Johnson and Ramesh M. Ray -- Molecular physiology of gastrointestinal function during development / Hua Xu, James F. Collins, and Fayez K. Ghishan -- The cell cycle / Vincent W. Yang -- Sect. II. Neurogastroenterology. Development of the enteric nervous system / Heather M. Young, Donald F. Newgreen, and Hideki Enomoto -- Cellular physiology of gastrointestinal smooth muscle / Khalil N. Bitar ... [et al.] -- Organization and electrophysiology of interstitial cells of cajal and smooth muscle cells in the gastrointestinal tract / Kenton M. Sanders, Sang Don Koh, and Sean M. Ward -- Enteric nervous system structure and neurochemistry related to function and neuropathology / Daniel P. Poole and John B. Furness -- Physiology of prevertebral sympathetic ganglia / Joseph H. Szurszewski and David R. Linden -- Cellular neurophysiology of enteric neurons / Jackie D. Wood -- Integrative functions of the enteric nervous system / Jackie D. Wood -- Processing of gastrointestinal sensory signals in the brain / Steven J. Coen, Anthony R. Hobson, and Qasim Aziz --Innervation of the gastrointestinal tract by spinal and vagal afferent nerves / Stuart M. Brierley ... [et al.] -- Neuroimaging of brain-gut interactions in functional gastrointestinal disorders / Kirsten Tillisch ... [et al.] -- The neurobiology of gustation: taste buds and transduction processes / Scott Herness -- Enteric neural regulation of mucosal secretion / Joel C. Bornstein, Rachel M. Gwynne, and Henrik Sjövall -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in gastrointestinal physiology / Shin Fukudo -- Neural regulation of gastrointestinal blood flow / Peter Holzer -- Neuromuscular function in the biliary tract / Gary M. Mawe ... [et al.] -- Brainstem control of the gastric function / Richard C. Rogers and Gerlinda E. Hermann -- Physiology of aerodigestive reflexes in neonates and adults / Sudarshan R. Jadcherla and Reza Shaker -- Motor function of the pharynx, the esophagus, and its sphincters / Ravinder K. Mittal -- Neurophysiologic mechanisms of gastric reservoir function / Jan Tack -- Physiology of the antral pump and gastric emptying / Christopher K. Rayner, Geoffrey S. Hebbard, and Michael Horowitz -- Neurophysiologic mechanisms of human large intestinal motility / Adil E. Bharucha and Simon J.H. Brookes --Neuromuscular physiology of the pelvic floor / Arnold Wald -- Sect. III. Host defense mechanisms. tight junctions and theintestinal barrier / Thomas Y. ma, James M. Anderson, and Jerrold R. Turner -- Biology of gut immunoglobulins / Finn-Eirik Johansen ... [et al.] -- Gastrointestinal microbial ecology with perspectives on health and disease / Merritt G. Gillilland, vincent B. Young, and Gary B. Huffnagle -- Mucsoal bacterial recognition and signaling systems in the intestine / masayuki Fukata and Maria T. Abreu -- Mucosal restitution and repair / D. Brent Polk and Mark R. Frey -- Gastroduodenal mucosal defense / Maggie Ham ... [et al.] -- V. II. Sect. IV. Physiology of secretion. Paneth cells / André J. Ouellette -- Salivary gland secretion / Marcelo A. Catalán, Kiran S. Ambatipudi, and James E. Melvin -- The cell biology of gastric acid secretion / Curtis Okamoto ... [et al.] -- Regulation of gastric acid secretion / Mitchell L. schubert -- Gastroduodenal bicarbonate secretion / Ursula Seidler and Markus Sjöblom -- Structure-function relationships in the pancreatic acinar cell / Fred S. Gorelick and James D. Jamieson -- Stimulus-secretion coupling in pancreatic acinar cells / John A. Williams and David I. Yule --Cell physiology of pancreatic ducts / Barry E. Argent ... [et al.] -- Regulation of pancreatic secretion / Rodger A. Liddle -- Bile formation and the enterohepatic circulation / Paul A. Dawson -- Mechanisms of hepatocyte organic anion transport / Allan W. Wolkoff -- Mechanisms of hepatocyte detoxification / Donald J. Messner, Karen F. Murray, and Kris V. Kowdley -- Sect. V. Digestion and absorption. Physiology of cholangiocytes / Anatoliy I. Masyuk, Tatyana V. Masyuk, and Nicholas F. LaRusso -- Molecular mechanisms of protein sorting in polarized epithelial cells / Bernardo Ortega and Paul A. Welling -- Sugar absorption / Ernest M. Wright ... [et al.] -- Protein digestion andabsorption / Vadivel Ganapathy -- Enterocyte fatty acid handling proteins and chylomicron formation / Charles M. Mansbach, II and Nada A. Abumrad -- Genetic regulation of intestinal lipid transport and metabolism / Zhouji Chen and Nicholas O. Davidson -- Digestion and intestinal absorption of dietary carotenoids and vitamin A / Earl H. Harrison -- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3: synthesis, actions, and genome-scale mechanisms in the intestine and colon /J. Wesley Pike and Mark B. Meyer --Mechanisms and regulation of intestinal absorption of water-soluble vitamins: cellular and molecular aspects / Hamid M. Said and Ebba Nexo -- Water transport in the gastrointestinal tract / Jay R. Thiagarajah and A.S. Verkman -- Na+/H+ exchange in mammalian digestive tract / Pawel R. Kiela and Fayez K. Ghishan -- Intestinal antion absorption / Ravinder K. Gill ... [et al.] -- cAMP sensor epac and gastrointestinal function / Oleg G. Chepurny ... [et al.] -- Ion channels of the epithelia of the gastrointestinal tract / John Cuppoletti and Danuta H. Malinowska -- Molecular mechanisms of intestinal transport of calcium, phosphate, and magnesium / Pawel R. Kiela, James F. Collins, and Fayez K. Ghishan -- Molecular mechanisms of intestinal iron transport / James F. Collins and Gregory J. Anderson -- Sect. VI. Consequences of disregulated physiology. Trace element absorption and transport / Robert J. Cousins -- The gastrointestinal tract and control of food intake / Guillaume de Lartigue and Helen E. Raybould -- Effects of stress on intestinal mucosal functions / Johan D. Söderholm -- Enteric neurobiology of stress / Sumei Liu and Jackie D. Wood --Mechanisms of helicobacter pylori-induced gastric inflammation / Dawn A. Israel and Richard M. Peek, Jr. -- Physiology of host-pathogen interactions / Kim Hodges and Gail Hecht -- Mechanisms and consequences of intestinal inflammation / Derek M. McKay and Wallace K. MacNaughton -- Recruitment of inflammatory and immune cells in the gut: physiology and pathophysiology / D. Neil Granger, Christopher G. Kevil, and Matthew B. Grisham -- Mechanisms of GI malignancies /John P. Lynch and Anil K. Rustgi -- Pathophysiology underlying the irritable bowel syndrome / Jackie D. Wood -- Pathophysiology of diarrhea and its clinical implications / Rana F. Ammoury and Fayez K. Ghishan.
- Pocket handbook of GI pharmacotherapeutics 2009, Springer
- Portal hypertension 2005, SpringerPortal hypertension: a history / Adrian Reuben and Roberto J. Groszmann -- Anatomy and vascular biology of the cells in the portal circulation / Massimo Pinzani and Francesco Vizzutti -- Cell and molecular mechanisms of increased intrahepatic resistance and hemodynamic correlates / Don C. Rockey -- Molecular mechanisms of systemic vasodilation and hyperdynamic circulatory state of cirrhosis / Richard Moreau and Didier Lebrec -- Mechanisms of sodium retention, ascites formation, and renal dysfunction in cirrhosis / Andrés Cárdenas and Pere Ginès -- Hepatic hemodynamics in portal hypertension: compliance, hepatic arterial buffer response, hepatorenal syndrome, and liver regeneration / W. Wayne Lautt and Zhi Ming --Neovascularization, angiogenesis and vascular remodeling in portal hypertension / Manuel Morales-Ruiz and Wladimiro Jiménez -- Mechanisms of cardiopulmonary hemodynamics and dysfunction in portal hypertension / Michael B. Fallon -- Measurement of hepatic venous pressure gradient: methods, interpretation, and pitfalls / G. Pomier-Layrargues and P. Michel Huet -- Evaluation of portal hemodynamics using indicator dilution and noninvasive techniques / Juerg Reichen -- Endoscopic assessment of portal hypertension including variceal pressure measurement: methods, interpretation and pitfalls / Angel Escorsell and Jaime Bosch --Clinical features and natural history of variceal hemorrhage: implications for surveillance and screening / Juan G. Abraldes and Jaime Bosch -- Management strategies for the prophylaxis and treatment of esophageal variceal rupture: an overview / Roberto de Franchis -- Pharmacologic therapy for the management of esophageal varices: biology and utility of available agents / Norman D. Grace and Richard S. Tilson -- Endoscopic treatment for bleeding esophageal varices / John P. Cello -- Surgical therapies for management: surgical shunts and liver transplantation / J. Michael Henderson -- Transjugular intrahepatic portasystemic stent-shunt: technical considerations and clinical utility in the management of variceal hemorrhage / Dhiraj Tripathi ... [et al.] -- Clinical features and management of gastric varices, portal hypertensive gastropathy, and ectopic varices / Charmaine A. Stewart and Patrick S. Kamath -- Ascites: clinical features, diagnosis and natural history / Sakib Karim Khalid and Guadalupe Garcia-Tsao -- Management of ascites / Florence Wong -- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis and other infections in cirrhosis / Rosa Maria Morillas and Ramon Planas -- Diagnosis and management of hepatorenal syndrome / Kevin Moore -- Pregnancy and portal hypertension / Bimaljit Sandhu and Arun J. Sanyal --Causes and management of portal hypertension in the pediatric population / Frederick C. Ryckman, Maria H. Alonso and Greg Tiao -- Noncirrhotic portal hypertension and portal vein thrombosis / Shiv K. Sarin and Manav Wadhavan -- Hepatic venous outflow obstruction: Budd-Chiari syndrome and Veno-Occlusive disease / Hugo E. Vargas and Thomas D. Boyer -- Pulmonary complications associated with portal hypertension / Karen L. Swanson and Michael J. Krowka -- Health status assessment and economic analyses in cirrhosis and portal hypertension / Jayant A. Talwalkar and W. Ray Kim -- Future treatments: antifibrotic agents, nitric oxide donors, and gene therapy in the treatment of portal hypertension / Meena B. Bansal and Scott L. Friedman.
- Posterior intrahepatic approach in liver surgery 2013, Springer
- Practical hepatic pathology 2011, ScienceDirectPractical Hepatic Pathology-a new volume in the new Pattern Recognition series-offers you a practical guide to diagnosing every challenging liver biopsy that you encounter in your daily practice. Dr. Romil Saxena presents diagnoses according to a pattern-based organization that guides you from a histological pattern of injury, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Lavish, full-color images capture key hepatic pathology patterns of injury, pathognomonic features and common variations of all major liver diseases and hepatic neoplasms, while a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance. No other single source delivers the practical, hands-on information you need to solve even the toughest diagnostic challenges in liver biopsies. Recognize the basic patterns of liver injury through an algorithmic approach and establish diagnosis by a pattern-based visual index present at the beginning of the book. Evaluate and interpret biopsy samples using superb, high-quality, full-color images that illustrate pathognomonic features and common variations. Get comprehensive information on major adult and childhood liver diseases, hepatic neoplasms and pre-neoplastic nodules including clinical features, laboratory tests, imaging findings and differential diagnosis. Understand the pathology and practice of liver transplantation with coverage of the clinical aspects of this procedure.
- Primary liver cancer 2012, Springer
- Primary liver cancer 2012, Springer
- Gastrointestinal cancer: epidemioloy -- Gastrointestinal cancer: pathology and molecular pathology -- Gastrointestinal cancer: cancer genetics -- Gastrointestinal cancer: screening and surveillance -- Gastrointestinal cancer: surgical oncology -- Gastrointestional cancer management: biological aspects of radiation therapy -- Gastrointestinal cancer: medical oncology -- Gastrointestinal cancer: nutritional support -- Imaging of gastrointestinal malignancies -- Endoscopic diagnosis, staging, and management of gastrointestinal cancers -- An overview of outcomes research in gastrointestinal cancer -- Integrative oncology: complementary therapies in gastrointestinal cancer care -- Pain and symptom control -- Esophageal cancer: epidemiology, screening, and prevention -- The molecular genetics of esophageal cancer -- Esophageal cancer: pathology -- Esophageal cancer: anatomy and staging -- Esophageal cancer: clinical management -- Gastric cancer: epidemiology, screening, surveillance, and prevention -- Gastric cancer: molecular biology and genetics -- Gastric cancer: pathology -- Gastric cancer: staging systems and techniques -- Gastric cancer: clinical management -- Pancreas cancer: epidemiology and risk factors -- Pancreatic cancer: molecular biology and genetics -- Pancreas cancer: anatomy, staging systems, and techniques -- Pathology of pancreatic cancer -- Pancreas cancer: clinical management -- Hepatocellular carcinoma: epidemiology, screening and prevention -- Hepatocellular carcinoma: molecular biology and genetics -- Hepatocellular cancer: pathology -- Hepatocellular cancer: anatomy and staging -- Hepatocellular cancer: clinical management -- Cancer of the gallbladder and biliary tree: epidemiology -- Pathology of biliary tract cancer -- Cancers of the biliary tree: anatomy and staging -- Cancers of the biliary tree: clinical management -- Environmental and lifestyle issues in colorectal cancer -- Colorectal cancer: screening and surveillance -- Colorectal cancer: molecular biology and genetics -- Colorectal cancer: pathology -- Colorectal cancer: anatomy and staging -- Colon cancer: management of locoregional disease -- Rectal cancer: management of locoreginal disease -- Systemic therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer -- Colorectal cancer: surgery and local ablation of liver metasteses -- Anal canal cancer -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract -- Lymphomas of the gastrointestinal tract -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors -- Small bowel cancers -- Cancer of unknown primary site -- Malignant peritoneal mesothelioma.
- Surgical anatomy --Physiology --Diagnosis --Preoperative and postoperative management --Local anesthesia in anorectal surgery --Pharmacology of anorectal preparations --Electrosurgery and laser surgery: basic applications --Hemorrhoids --Fissure-in-ano --Anorectial abscesses and fistula-in-ano --Pilonidal disease --Perianal dermatologic disease --Condyloma acuminatum --Sexually transmitted diseases --Fecal incontinence --Rectovaginal fistula --Retrorectal tumors --Perianal and anal canal neoplasms --Transanal techniques --Ambulatory procedures --Rectal procindentia --Benign neoplasms of the colon and rectum --Malignant neoplasms of the colon --Malignant neoplasms of the rectum --Large bowel carcinoma: screening, surveillance, and follow-up --Ulcerative colitis --Crohn's Disease --Diverticular disease of the colon --Volvulus of the colon --Mesenteric vascular diseases --Radiation injuries to the small and large intestine --Intestinal stomas --Constipation --Traumatic injuries --Complications of colonic disease and their management --Complications of anorectal and colorectal operations --Unexpected intraoperative findings --Laparoscopic colon and rectal surgery --1Miscellaneous entities.
- Principles of deglutition 2013, Springer
- Principles of flexible endoscopy for surgeons 2013, Springer
- Probiotics in pediatric medicine 2009, Springer
- Progress in colorectal surgery 2005, Springer
- Prospects for chemoprevention of colorectal neoplasia 2013, SpringerMechanistic aspects of COX-2 expression in colorectal neoplasia -- Mode of action of aspirin as a chemopreventive agent -- Coxibs: pharmacology, toxicity and efficacy in cancer clinical trials -- COX-2 active agents in the chemoprevention of colorectal cancer -- New NSAID targets and derivatives for colorectal cancer chemoprevention -- Aspirin in prevention of sporadic colorectal cancer: current clinical evidence and overall balance of risks and benefits -- Nutritional agents with anti-inflammatory properties in chemoprevention of colorectal neoplasia -- Genetics, inheritance and strategies for prevention in populations at high risk of colorectal cancer (CRC).
- Proteases in gastrointestinal tissues 2006, Springer1. Protease-Activated Receptors in Gastrointestinal Function and Disease / Nigel W. Bunnett and Graeme S. Cottrell -- 2. Matrix Metalloproteinases in Gastric Cancer / Nikhil I. Khushalani and Nithya Ramnath -- 3. Proteases in Helicobacter pylori-Mediated Diseases / Thomas Wex, Michael Zack, and Peter Malfertheiner -- 4. Proteases in Pancreatic Disease / Avinash Sewpaul, Jeremy J. French, and Richard M. Charnley -- 5. PAR in the Pathogenesis of Pain in Pancreatic Disease / Pankaj J. Pasricha -- 6. Importance of the Local Renin-Angiotensin System in Pancreatic Disease / Po Sing Leung -- 7. Hepatitis C Viral Proteases And Inhibitors / Mingjun Huang, Avinash Phadke and Atul Agarwal -- 8. Angiotensin Converting Enzyme in the Pathophysiology of Liver Fibrosis / Yao Hong Wei -- 9. Matrix Metalloproteinases in Chronic Liver Disease and Liver Transplantation / Hein W. Verspaget, Johan P. Kuyvenhoven, Cornelis F.M. Sier, Bart van Hoek -- 10. MMPs and ADAMs in Inflammatory Bowel Disease / Alicja Wiercinska-Drapalo, Jerzy Jaroszewicz, Anna Parfieniuk, Anna Moniuszko -- 11. Chemokines and Matrix Metalloproteinases in Colorectal Cancer / Gayle G. Vaday and Stanley Zucker -- 12. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) in Gut Inflammation / Fernando Magro -- 13. Intestinal Apical Protein Transport in Health and Disease / Stephan von Hörsten, Michael Krahn, Nadine Frerker, Anja Gemeinhardt, Dennis Schwab, Silvia Slesiona, Hassan Naim, and Marwan Alfalah.
- Proton pump inhibitors 2013, KargerDiscovery and Development of Proton Pump Inhibitors / Satoh, H. (Kyoto) -- Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Pharmacogenetics of Proton Pump Inhibitors / Furuta, T.; Sugimoto, M.; Shirai, N. (Hamamatsu) -- Proton Pump Inhibitors in Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease / Bruley des Varannes, S. (Nantes) -- Proton Pump Inhibitors in Gastroprotection: Prevention and Healing of Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug-, Aspirin-, and Cyclooxygenase-2 Inhibitor-Induced Gastroduodenal Lesions / Kyaw, M.H.; Chan, F.K.L. (Hong Kong) -- Proton Pump Inhibitors: Key Ingredients in Helicobacter pylori Eradication Treatment / Sugiyama, T. (Toyama City) -- Proton Pump Inhibitor Management in Bleeding Peptic Ulcer Disease / Sung, J. (Hong Kong) -- Proton Pump Inhibitors in Functional Dyspepsia / Miwa, H. (Nishinomiya) -- Role of Acid Suppression in Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency: A Therapeutic Principle / Waldthaler, A.; Schütte, K.; Malfertheiner, P. (Magdeburg) -- Proton Pump Inhibitors and Gastrointestinal Side Effects / Nakamura, S. (Fukuoka); Seno, H.; Chiba, T. (Kyoto) -- Administration of Proton Pump Inhibitors and Risk of Systemic Side Effects / Kinoshita, Y.; Ishihara, S. (Izumo).
- Radiologic diagnosis of gastric cancer 2006, Springer
- Radiology of the post surgical abdomen 2012, Springer
- Radiology of the stomach and duodenum 2008, Springer
- Reconstructive surgery of the rectum, anus and perineum 2013, SpringerReconstructive Surgery of the Rectum, Anus and Perineum provides the reader with a didactic discussion of complex problems which require re-operative surgery; including details of preoperative investigation, postoperative follow-up and a detailed operative approach. This comprehensive and detailed text uses a formulated algorithm approach to these complicated cases using operative photographs and composite explanatory line drawings which complement 'how-to' guides in describing the operative technical tips and pitfalls from experienced commentators. Reconstructive Surgery of the Rectum, Anus and Perineum, is written by leading world experts in the field of colorectal surgery and is a valuable and timely resource for colorectal surgeons and colorectal trainees alike. In addition, general surgeons will be interested in the specialist nature of dealing with difficult colorectal complications dealt with in this unique textbook.
- Rectal cancer 2013, Springer
- Rectal cancer 2005, Springer
- Rectal cancer 2010, Springer
- Rectal cancer treatment 2005, Springer
- Rectal prolapse 2008, Springer
- Recurrent hernia 2007, Springer
- Reoperative pelvic surgery 2009, Springer
- SAGES manual of hernia repair 2013, Springer
- SAGES manual. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- SAGES manual.. 3rd ed. 2012, SpringerFulltext v. 2 SpringerV. 1. Basic laparoscopy and endoscopy / Nathaniel J. Soper and Carol E.H. Scott-Conner, editors -- v. 2. Advanced laparoscopy and endoscopy / Ninh T. Nguyen and Carol E.H. Scott-Conner, editors.
- Salivary gland cytopathology 2008, Springer
- Salivary gland disorders 2007, Springer
- Salivary glands 2010, KargerIntroduction to salivary glands : structure, function, and embryonic development / Miletich, I. -- Salivary gland adaptations : modification of the glands for novel uses / Tucker, A.S. -- Genetic regulation of salivary gland development in drosophila melanogaster / Pirraglia, C. ; Myat, M.M. -- Extracellular matrix and growth factors in salivary gland development / Sequeira, S.J. ; Larsen, M. ; DeVine, T. -- Lumen formation in salivary gland development / Wells, K.L. ; Patel, N. -- Epithelial stem/progenitor cells in the embryonic mouse submandibular gland / Lombaert, I.M.A. ; Hoffman, M.P. -- Salivary gland regeneration / Carpenter, G.H. ; Cotroneo, E. -- Salivary gland disease / Thomas, B.L. ; Brown, J.E. ; McGurk, M.
- Scar-less surgery 2013, Springer
- Schein's Common sense emergency abdominal surgery. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Schiff's Diseases of the liver. 10th ed. 2007, OvidHistory taking and physical examination for the patient with liver disease -- Laboratory tests -- Liver biopsy and laparoscopy -- Imaging -- Interventional radiology procedures for diagnosis and treatment of hepatobiliary disease -- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography -- Physioanatomic considerations -- Bilirubin metabolism and jaundice -- Hepatic histopathology -- Mehanisms of liver injury -- The liver in systemic disease -- Hematologic disorders and the liver -- Nutrition and the liver -- Hepatic fibrosis -- Portal hypertension and nonsurgical management -- Surgical management of portal hypertension -- Renal complications and hepatorenal syndrome -- Pulmonary manifestations of liver disease -- Ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis -- Hepatic encephalopathy -- fulminant hepatic failure -- Gallstone disease: pathogenesis and treatment -- Primary sclerosing cholangitis -- Primary biliary cirrhosis -- Postoperative jaundice -- The hepatitis viruses -- Hepatitis A -- Hepatitis E -- Hepatitis B and D -- Hepatitis C -- Autoimmune hepatitis -- Alcoholic liver disease -- Drug-induced liver disease -- Mechanisms of drug-induced liver injury -- Wilson disease -- Hemochromatosis and iron storage disorders -- a₁-Antitrypsin deficiency -- Porphyrias -- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease -- Vasucular diseases of the liver -- The liver in circulatory failure -- Benign solid tumors -- Nodular and cystic lesions -- Hepatocellular carcinoma -- Surgical options for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Liver disease in infancy and childhood -- The liver in pregnancy -- Liver abscesses -- Parasitic diseases -- Bacterial and systemic infections -- Hepatobiliary manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus -- Granulomas of the liver -- Selection and timing of liver transplantation -- Immunosuppression: the global picture -- The first 6 months following liver transplantation -- The long-term care of transplanted patient -- The surgical options of liver transplantation -- Recurrent disease following liver transplantation -- The role of retransplantation -- Hepatobiliary complications of hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- Signaling pathways in liver diseases 2005, Springer
- Signaling pathways in liver diseases. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Small bowel obstruction 2007, Springer
- Stepping stones to living well with dysphagia 2012, KargerDefinition, prevalence, and burden of oropharyngeal dysphagia : a serious problem among older adults worldwide and the impact on prognosis and hospital resources / Cichero, J.A.Y. ; Altman, K.W. -- The physiology of deglutition and the pathophysiology and complications of oropharyngeal dysphagia / Steele, C.M. -- Identifying vulnerable patients : role of the EAT-10 and the multidisciplinary team for early intervention and comprehensive dysphagia care / Kaspar, K. ; Ekberg, O. -- The volume-viscosity swallow test for clinical screening of dysphagia and aspiration / Rofes, L.; Arreola, V.; Clavé, P. -- Videofluoroscopic swallow study : techniques, signs, and reports / Bülow, M. -- Screening and clinical assessment of oropharyngeal dysphagia / Martino, R -- Pathophysiology, relevance, and natural history of oropharyngeal dysphagia among older people / Clavé, P. ... [et al.] -- Complications of oropharyngeal dysphagia : aspiration pneumonia / Almirall, J.; Cabré, M.; Clavé, P. -- Nutrition assessment and intervention in the patient with dysphagia : challenges for quality improvement / Ochoa, J.B. -- Therapeutic approach to malnutrition and sarcopenia / Burgos Peláez, R. -- Importance of nutritional support in older people / Sánchez-García, E. ... [et al.] -- Exercise-based approaches to dysphagia rehabilitation / Steele, C.M. -- Oropharyngeal dysphagia pathophysiology, complications, and science-based interventions / Altman, K.W. -- Concluding remarks.
- Surgery in the multimodal management of gastric cancer 2012, Springer
- Surgery of complex abdominal wall defects 2013, Springer
- Surgery of the esophagus 2009, Springer
- Surgical pathology of the gastrointestinal system 2009, Springer
- Surgical treatment of colorectal liver metastases 2011, Springer
- Textbook of gastroenterology. 4th ed. 2003, Ovid
- Therapeutics of digestive endoscopic tunnel technique 2014, Springer
- Tips and techniques in laparoscopic surgery 2005, Springerpt. 1: Upper gastrointestinal tract procedures -- pt. 2: Colorectal procedures -- pt. 3: Inguinal hernia and retroperitoneal procedures -- pt. 4: Procedures for pelvic floor disorders.
- Toxicology of the gastrointestinal tract 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction: the gastrointestinal (GI) tract as a barrier and as an absorptive and metabolic organ / Shayne C. Gad -- Methods for the analysis of gastrointestinal function / Robin C. Guy -- Safety pharmacology and the GI tract / Henry I. Jacoby -- Gastronintestinal tract development and its importance in toxicology / Joseph V. Rodricks, Allison A. Yates, and Claire L. Kruger -- The GI tract as major route of pharmaceutical administration / Robert W. Kapp, Jr. -- Gastrointestinal function and toxicology in canines / Charles Spainhour -- Absorption of macromolecules by mammalian intestinal epithelium / Shayne C. Gad -- Peyer's patch epithelium: an imperfect barrier / Gary R. Burleson and Florence G. Burleson -- Alteration of intestinal function by xenobiotic exposure: animal models / Shayne C. Gad -- Intestinal absorption and metabolism of xenobiotics in laboratory animals / William J. Brock -- Normal and abnormal intestinal absorption by humans / David W. Hobson and Valerie L. Hobson -- Intestinal absorption and metabolism of xenobiotics in humans / William J. Brock and David W. Hobson.
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas 2012, SpringerUltrasound Imaging /Anna Gallotti and Fabrizio Calliada --Transabdominal Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Elisabetta Buscarini and Salvatore Greco --Endoscopic Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Elisabetta Buscarini and Stefania De Lisi --Percutaneous Ultrasound Guided Interventional Procedures in Pancreatic Diseases /Elisabetta Buscarini and Guido Manfredi --Intraoperative Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Mirko D'Onofrio, Emilio Barbi, Riccardo De Robertis, Francesco Principe and Anna Gallotti, et al. --Pancreatic Anatomy, Variants and Pseudolesions of the Pancreas /Emilio Barbi, Salvatore Sgroi, Paolo Tinazzi, Stefano Canestrini and Anna Gallotti, et al. --Pancreatitis and Pseudocysts /Steffen Rickes and Holger Neye --Solid Pancreatic Tumors /Christoph F. Dietrich, Michael Hocke, Anna Gallotti and Mirko D'Onofrio --Cystic Pancreatic Tumors /Mirko D'Onofrio, Paolo Giorgio Arcidiacono and Massimo Falconi --Rare Pancreatic Tumors /Roberto Malagò, Ugolino Alfonsi, Camilla Barbiani, Andrea Pezzato and Roberto Pozzi Mucelli --Imaging Correlation /Marie-Pierre Vullierme and Enrico Martone --Pancreatic Lesions: Pathologic Correlations /Paola Capelli and Alice Parisi --Clinical and Imaging Scenarios /Anna Gallotti and Riccardo Manfredi --Flowcharts in Pancreatic Diseases /Elisabetta Buscarini.
- Ultrasound of the gastrointestinal tract 2007, Springer
- Uncommon pancreatic neoplasms 2013, Springer
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery 2005, Springer
- Vascular liver disease 2011, Springer
- Venous embolization of the liver 2011, Springer
- Viral hepatitis in children 2010, Springer
- Viral hepatitis. 1st ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerWhy we do CTC : screening for colorectal cancer / Richard M. Mendelson -- The performance of CTC / Didier Bielen -- Starting CT colonography in your department / Darra Murphy, Alan O'Hare, and Helen Fenlon -- The eligible patient : indications and contraindications / M. Raquel Oliva, Ayodale S. Odulate, and Koenraad J. Mortele -- Patient preparation for CT colonography / J. Yee -- The prerequisite : faecal tagging / Philippe Lefere and Stefaan Gryspeerdt -- How to get the colon distended? / David Burling, Stuart Taylor, and Steve Halligan -- Right parameters / Andrea Laghi -- How to interpret CTC data : evaluation of the different lesion morphologies / Beth G. McFarland -- How to avoid pitfalls in imaging : causes and solutions to overcome false-negatives and false-positives / Stefaan Gryspeerdt and Philippe Lefere -- 3D imaging : invaluable for the correct diagnosis? / Ayso H. De Vries and Jaap Stoker -- The challenge : detection of early-stage superficial colorectal lesions -- Gen Iinuma ... [et al.] -- Extracolonic findings / Francesca Turini, Francesca Cerri, and Emanuele Neri -- The future : computer-aided detection / H. Yoshida -- Quality and consistency in reporting CT colonography / Abraham H. Dachman, Piotr R. Obara, and Michael E. Zalis -- Virtual colonoscopy : beyond polyp detection? / T. Mang ... [et al.] -- Pictorial overview of normal anatomy, mimics of disease, and neoplasia using CT colonography / J.G. Fletcher, Fargol Booya, and Luis S. Guimaraes.
- Zakim and Boyer's hepatology. 6th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectAnatomy of the Liver -- Liver Regeneration -- Mechanisms of Liver Cell Destruction -- Mechanisms of Bile Secretion -- Hepatic Fibrosis and Cirrhosis -- Replication of Hepatitis B Virus -- Replication of Hepatitis C Virus -- Immune Pathogenesis of Viral Hepatitis B and C -- Liver and Immune System -- Epidemiology and Molecular Mechanisms of Hepatocarcinogenesis -- Stem Cells and Hepatocyte Transplantation -- Liver Biopsy (Quality and Use of Gun) -- Liver Biopsy Interpretation -- Laboratory Testing for Liver Disease -- Imaging and Noninvasive Diagnosis of Liver Disease: Computerized Tomography, Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and Emerging Techniques -- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS) -- Hepatic Encephalopathy -- Ascites -- Portal Hypertension and Bleeding Esophageal Varices -- Acute Liver Failure -- Renal Failure in Cirrhosis, Hepatorenal Syndrome, and Hyponatremia -- Cardiovascular Complications of Cirrhosis -- Pulmonary Complications in Patients with Liver Disease -- Hematopoietic Abnormalities and Hemostasis -- Drug-Induced Liver Injury -- Hepatotoxicity of Herbal Preparations -- Occupational and Environmental Hepatotoxicity -- Alcoholic Liver Disease -- Hepatitis A -- Hepatitis B -- Hepatitis C -- Hepatitis D -- Hepatitis E -- Liver Disease Associated with Viral Infections -- Parasitic Liver Disease -- Bacterial and Miscellaneous Infections of the Liver -- Granulomatous Diseases of the Liver -- HIV Co-Infection Drug Toxicity -- Hepatitis B and C in Non-Liver Transplant Patients -- Autoimmune Hepatitis -- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis -- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis -- Overlap Syndromes -- Budd-Chiari Syndrome and Sinusoidal Obstruction Syndrome (Hepatic Venoocclusive Disease) -- Portal and Splenic Vein Thrombosis -- Liver Involvement in Osler-Weber-Rendu Disease (Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia) -- Pretransplant Evaluation and Care -- Transplantation of the Liver -- Post-Liver Transplantation Management -- Recurrent Viral Diseases after Liver Transplantation -- Treatment of Recurrent Nonviral Disease -- The Liver in Pregnancy -- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease -- The Liver in Systemic Illness -- The Liver and Parenteral Nutrition -- Preoperative and Postoperative Hepatic Dysfunctions -- Hepatocellular Carcinoma -- Cholangiocarcinoma -- Benign Liver Tumors -- Surgery for Liver Tumors -- Management of Gallstones -- Bilirubin Metabolism and Its Disorders -- Wilson Disease -- Hemochromatosis -- [a]₁-Antitrypsin Deficiency -- Inborn Errors of Metabolism that Lead to Permanent Liver Injury -- Fibrocystic Diseases of the Liver -- Pediatric Cholestatic Syndromes Viral Hepatitis in Children.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases