Books by Subject
- Abdominal imaging — Early neoplasias of the gastrointestinal tract endoscopic diagnosis and therapeutic decisions (100)
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen imaging features and differential diagnosis for a timely management approach — Liver and pancreatic diseases management (100)
- Liver anesthesiology and critical care medicine — Rectal cancer-- strategy and surgical techniques (100)
- Rectal prolapse diagnosis and clinical management — Zoom gastroscopy magnifying endoscopy in the stomach (55)
GastroenterologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen imaging features and differential diagnosis for a timely management approach 2012, SpringerThe term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- Endoscopic follow-up of digestive anastomosis 2014, SpringerOwing to the alterations in visceral anatomy, many endoscopists, and especially trainees, experience difficulties when performing endoscopic surveys or procedures in patients who have previously undergone surgery to the digestive tract. In this richly illustrated book, an expert in the field provides a detailed overview of endoscopic follow-up of gastrointestinal (esophageal, gastric, and colorectal) anastomosis. Both normal appearances and pathological conditions involving complications are fully covered. The methodology, timing, protocols, and role of diagnostic endoscopy are first discussed. Endoscopic treatments for the resolution of different clinical problems related to recurrences, stenoses, dehiscences, and fistulas are then evaluated step by step with the aid of high-quality images. Regardless of level of experience, endoscopists and gastroenterologists will find Endoscopic Follow-up of Digestive Anastomosis to be an invaluable source of information and aid to treatment in this important area, which too often receives insufficiently detailed attention.
- Barrett's esophagus : screening, diagnosis, and management / Glenn M. Eisen -- Endoscopic screening for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus / Brian C. Jacobson -- Image enhancement endoscopy / Stephan M. Wildi and Michael B. Wallace -- Staging of esophageal cancer / Jason Vollweiler and Gregory Zuccaro, Jr. -- Endoscopic therapy for early esophageal cancer and premalignant lesions in Barrett's esophagus / Granapathy A. Prasad and Kenneth K. Wang -- Endoscopic therapy for advanced esophageal cancer / Sanjay Jagannath and Marcia I. Canto -- Radiological imaging of the upper gastrointestinal tract / Marc S. Levine -- Esophageal cancer therapy : surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy / John M. Holland and Christopher A. Canning -- Premalignant lesions of the stomach / Omid A. Shaye and Andrew Ippoliti -- Gastric polyps / George A. Makar and Gregory G. Ginsberg -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging gastric cancer / Gregory Olds and Amitabh Chak -- Endoscopic treatment for gastric cancer / Takuji Gotoda and Roy M. Soetikno -- Diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal lymphoma / John G. Kuldau, Peter R. Holman, and Thomas J. Savides -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors / Raquel E. Davila -- Carcinoid tumors / Wilscott E. Naugler and Gordon C. Hunt -- Medical and surgical therapy for gastric cancer / Diane Hershock -- Colorectal cancer screening / Jason A. Dominitz and William M. Grady --Polyposis and familial cancer syndromes / Fernando S. Velayos, Madhulika G. Varma, and Jonathan P. Terdiman -- Endoscopic colon surveillance : post-polypectomy, post-colorectal cancer resection, and inflammatory bowel disease / Douglas B. Nelson and Mandeep S. Sawhney -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging rectal and anal cancer / Deepak V. Gopal -- Endoscopic therapy of colorectal carcinoma / Vaman Jakribettuu and Yang K. Chen -- Radiological imaging of the lower gastrointestinal tract / Steven E. Rubesin -- Current status of colorectal cancer therapy / John Strother ... [et al.] -- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas / William R. Brugge -- Diagnosis and evaluation of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma / Kenneth H. Yu and Nuzhat A. Ahmad -- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas : endoscopic palliation / Georgios I. Papachristou, Kevin McGrath, and Adam Slivka -- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors / Erik-Jan Wamsteker and James M. Scheiman -- Endoscopic diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinoma / Vanessa M. Shami and Irving Waxman -- Ampullary neoplasia / Ian D. Norton -- Magnetic resonance imaging of neoplasms of the pancreatobiliary system / Evan S. Siegelman and Wendy C. Hsu -- Medical and surgical therapy of pancreatic cancer / Weijing Sun, Jon Morris, and Jeffrey Drebin -- Endoscopic ultrasound for thoracic disease / Timothy Woodward, Massimo Raimondo, and Michael B. Wallace.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) for diagnosis and therapy January 1990 through September 2001, plus selected earlier citations : 1714 citations 2001, NLM
- Endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus 2009, SpringerNew technologies for imaging of Barrett's esophagus -- Argon plasma coagulation in Barrett's esophagus: the most widely available technique -- Radiofrequency ablation for eradication of Barrett's esophagus: a description of the endoscopic technique, its clinical results, and future prospects -- Decision making in ablation: disease, patients, and institutional factors -- Multipolar electrocoagulation (MPEC): an early, widely available technique -- Endoscopic mucosal resection in Barrett's esophagus: endoscopic surgery -- Combination: multimodal therapy -- Photodynamic therapy (PDT): the best-validated technique -- Cyroablation of Barrett's esophagus -- Cost-effectiveness of endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus.
- Endoscopy in the diagnosis of small intestine diseases 2014, SpringerThe purpose of this book is to improve diagnostic yields of capsule endoscopy and double-balloon endoscopy, because those procedures can depict nonspecific findings that may not lead to a proper diagnosis. Another reason for the publication was recognition of the difficulty in distinguishing enteroscopic findings of ulcerative colitis from those of Crohn's disease. From a practical point of view, it is important to observe endoscopic pictures first, then to compare the images of other modalities, and finally to compare macroscopic pictures of resected specimens. For that reason, a large number of well-depicted examples of small intestinal lesions were assembled to clarify differences among small intestinal lesions that appear to exhibit similar findings and morphologies. Comparisons with radiographic findings comprise another important element in diagnosis. There are limitations in endoscopic observations of gross lesions of the small intestine, with its many convolutions. In Japan, many institutions still practice double-contrast imaging, which provides beautiful results. Because a single disorder may exhibit variations, this volume includes multiple depictions of the same disorders. Also included are lesions in active and inactive phases, as both appearances are highly likely to be encountered simultaneously in clinical practice. The number of illustrated findings therefore has been limited to strictly selected cases.
- Endosonography. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2015, ClinicalKeyFrom diagnostic to therapeutic procedures, Endosonography, 3rd Edition is an easy-to-access, highly visual guide covering everything you need to effectively perform EUS, interpret your findings, diagnose accurately, and choose the best treatment course. World-renowned endosonographers help beginners apply endosonography in staging cancers, evaluating chronic pancreatitis, and studying bile duct abnormalities and submucosal lesions. Practicing endosonographers can learn cutting-edge techniques for performing therapeutic interventions such as drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts and EUS-guided anti-tumor therapy. Meticulous updates, electronic access to the fully searchable text, videos detailing various methods and procedures-and more-equip you with a complete overview of all aspects of EUS. Get a clear overview of everything you need to know to establish an endoscopic practice, from what equipment to buy to providing effective cytopathology services.
- Energy balance and gastrointestinal cancer 2012, SpringerThe gastrointestinal track provides one of the distinct systems where multiple malignancies, including adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, esophagus and colon are each associated with obesity. This unique association is covered in this volume of Energy Balance and Cancer from the epidemiologic, biologic and potential etiologic viewpoint. The focus on possible dietary contribution as well as the role of exercise in prevention and therapy is presented in both animal model and patient based studies. Special focus is provided also on the role of genetic mutations and inflammatory pathways as drivers of these obesity related gastrointestinal malignancies. Overall, this volume on Energy Balance and Gastrointestinal Malignancies should be valuable to Epidemiologists, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists, as well as to students and researchers from multiple disciplines interested in understanding and disrupting the association between obesity and cancer.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis 2012, Springer
- Epidemiology of alimentary diseases 2005, Springer
- ERCP. 2nd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyFour Decades : The History of ERCP -- The ERCP Room -- Radiologic Issues and Radiation Safety during ERCP -- Endoscopes, Guidewires, and Accessories -- Sedation in ERCP -- Indications for and Contraindications to ERCP -- Adverse Events of ERCP : Prediction, Prevention, and Management -- ERCP Training -- Preparation for ERCP -- Principles of Electrosurgery -- Quality Issues and Measures in ERCP -- Medicolegal Issues in ERCP -- Cannulation of the Major Papilla -- Access (Precut) Papillotomy -- Sphincter of Oddi Manometry -- Biliary Sphincterotomy -- Balloon Dilation of the Native and Postsphincterotomy Papilla -- Stone Extraction -- Pancreatic Sphincterotomy -- Minor Papilla Cannulation and Sphincterotomy -- Plastic Pancreaticobiliary Stents and Nasopancreaticobiliary Tubes : Concepts and Insertion Techniques -- Biliary Metal Stent Insertion -- Pancreaticobiliary Stent Removal : Migrated and Nonmigrated -- Papillectomy and Ampullectomy -- Pancreatoscopy -- Cholangioscopy -- ERCP in Children -- ERCP in Pregnancy -- ERCP in Surgically Altered Anatomy -- Echoendoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Biliary Drainage -- Endoscopic Ultrasound-Assisted Access to the Pancreatic Duct -- Pancreas Divisum, Biliary Cysts, and Other Congenital Anomalies -- Approach to the Dilated Bile Duct and Pneumobilia -- The Dilated Pancreatic Duct -- Ampullary Neoplasia -- Malignant Biliary Obstruction : Distal -- Malignant Biliary Obstruction of the Hilum and Proximal Bile Ducts -- Indeterminate Biliary Stricture -- Combined Biliary and Duodenal Obstruction -- Benign Biliary Strictures -- Biliary Surgery Adverse Events Including Liver Transplantation -- ERCP for Acute and Chronic Adverse Events of Pancreatic Surgery and Pancreatic Trauma -- Choledocholithiasis -- Pancreaticobiliary Pain and Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction -- Sclerosing Cholangitis -- Tropical Parasitic Infestations -- Recurrent Pyogenic Cholangitis -- Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas -- Unexplained Acute Pancreatitis -- Biliary Intervention in Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis -- Pancreatic Interventions in Acute Pancreatitis : Ascites, Fistulae, Leaks, and Other Disruptions -- Chronic Pancreatitis : Stones and Strictures -- Endoscopic Drainage of Pancreatic Pseudocysts, Abscesses, and Walled-Off (Organized) Necrosis.
- Esophageal diseases evaluation and treatment 2014, Springer
- Extracellular matrix and the liver approach to gene therapy 2003, ScienceDirect
- Fecal incontinence diagnosis and treatment 2007, Springer
- Fibrocystic diseases of the liver 2010, SpringerEmbryology and development of the ductal plate / Clifford W. Bogue -- Cholangiocyte biology as relevant to cystic liver diseases / Silvia Lecchi ... [et al.] -- Cholangiocyte cilia and basal bodies / Tatyana V. Masyuk, Anatoliy I. Masyuk, and Nicholas F. LaRusso -- Genetics of fibrocystic diseases of the liver and molecular approaches to therapy / Maya Tuchman, William A. Gahl, and Meral Gunay-Aygun -- Radiologic findings in the fibrocystic diseases / Orpheus Kolokythas and Grace Phillips -- Pathology of fibrocystic diseases of the liver / Camtu D. Nguyen Truong and Matthew M. Yeh -- Alagille Syndrome and JAGGED1/NOTCH sequence / Binita M. Kamath, Kathleen M. Loomes, and David A Piccoli -- Biliary atresia and the ductal plate / Ronald J. Sokol and Cara L. Mack --Nephronophthisis and renal-hepatic-pancreatic dysplasia of Ivemark / David A. Myers and Jordan M. Symons -- Meckel and Joubert syndromes / Melissa A. Parisi, Laura S. Finn, and Ian A. Glass -- Bardet-Biedl and Jeune syndromes / Aoife M. Waters and Philip L Beales -- Congenital disorders of glycosylation and their effects on the liver / Erik A. Eklund and Hudson H. Freeze -- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease / Jodi M. Smith and Ruth A. McDonald -- Caroli disease, Caroli syndrome, and Congenital hepatic fibrosis / Ronen Arnon, Henrietta Kotlus Rosenberg, and Frederick J. Suchy -- Simple hepatic cysts/choledochal cysts / André A. S. Dick and Patrick J. Healey -- Autosomal dominant polycystic liver disease / Qi Qian, Vicente E. Torres, and Stefan Somlo -- Echinococcal/Hydatid cysts of the liver / Paul S. Pottinger, Austin Spitzer, and Raymond R. Yeung -- Miscellaneous cystic lesions of the liver / Iris W. Liou -- Vascular complications of fibrocystic liver disease / Maarouf Hoteit and Patrick S. Kamath -- Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma / Paolo Del Poggio, Ezio Pezzica, and Daniela Corti -- Cholangitis / Shayan Irani and Richard Kozarek -- Surgical management of fibrocystic liver disease / Meelie DebRoy.
- History and basic technique of fluorescence imaging for hepatobiliary-pancreatic surgery / Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Identification of hepatocellular carcinoma / Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Identification of metastatic liver cancer / Lim, C.; Vibert, E. -- Identification of occult liver metastases / Yokoyama, N.; Otani, T. -- Application of fluorescence imaging to hepatopancreatobiliary surgery / Hutteman, M.; Verbeek, F.P.R.; Vahrmeijer, A.L. -- Applications of indocyanine green fluorescence imaging to liver transplantation / Kawaguchi, Y.; Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Staining of liver segments / Aoki, T.; Murakami, M. -- Visualization of cholecystic venous flow for hepatic resection in gallbladder carcinoma / Kai, K. -- Fluorescence cholangiography in open surgery / Mitsuhashi, N.; Shimizu, H.; Miyazaki, M. -- Fluorescence cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy : experience in Japan / Tagaya, N. [and six others] -- Fluorescence cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy experience in Argentina / Dip, F. [and five others] -- Novel laparoscopic fluorescence imaging for identification of pancreatic and hepatobiliary cancer / Bouvet, M.; Hoffman, R.M. -- Novel fluorescent probes for identification of liver cancer and pancreatic leak / Yamashita, S. [and six others] -- Novel fluorescent probes for intraoperative cholangiography / Vinegoni, C. [and five others] -- Endomicroscopic examination using fluorescent probes / Goetz, M.
- Focal liver lesions detection, characterization, ablation 2005, Springer
- Free radical biology in digestive diseases 2011, KargerFree radicals and lipid peroxidation / Niki, E. -- Mitochondria as source of free radicals / Majima, H.J. ... [et al.] -- The Nox family of NADPH oxidases that deliberately produce reactive oxygen species / Sumimoto, H., Minakami, R., Miyano, K. -- Neutrophil-dependent oxidative stress in inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases / Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Oxidative DNA damage and carcinogenesis / Jiang, L., Toyokuni, S. -- Plasma marker of oxidative stress in circulation and in tissue / Yamamoto, Y. -- Immunochemical detection of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-specific epitopes / Uchida, K. -- Carbon monoxide-dependent regulation of microvascular function : one gas regulates another / Suematsu, M., Kajimura, M., Kabe, Y. -- Nrf2-Keap1 signaling as a prime chemopreventive target for antioxidative and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals / Surh, Y.-J. -- Free radicals and gastric mucosal injury / Ock, C.Y. ... [et al.] -- Free radicals in helicobacter pylori infection / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Free radical and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced small intestinal injury / Handa, O., Naito, Y. -- Free radicals in inflammatory bowel disease / Takagi, T., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Free radicals and chronic hepatitis C / Sakaida, I -- Free radicals and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease/nonalcoholic steatohepatitis / Sumida, Y., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Role of free radicals in pancreatitis / Hamada, S., Shimosegawa, T. -- Free radicals and cancer treatment / Kokura, S.
- Frontiers in celiac disease 2008, KargerHistorical perspective of celiac disease / Guandalini, S. -- Natural history of celiac disease / Kaukinen, K.; Collin, P.; Mäki, M. -- The changing clinical presentation of celiac disease / Lebenthal, E.; Shteyer, E.; Branski, D. -- The global village of celiac disease / Catassi, C.; Yachha, S.K. -- HLA and non-HLA genes in celiac disease / Zhernakova, A.; Wijmenga, C. -- Twins and family contribution to genetics of celiac disease / Greco, L.; Stazi, M.A.; Clerget-Darpoux, F. -- Biochemistry and biological properties of gliadin peptides / Barone, M.V.; Auricchio, S. -- Innate immunity and celiac disease / Meresse, B. ... [et al.] -- Celiac disease: across the threshold of tolerance / Koning, F. -- The role of the intestinal barrier function in the pathogenesis of celiac disease / Fasano, A.; Schulzke, J.D. -- Diagnosis of coeliac disease: open questions / Auricchio, R.; Troncone, R. -- Current guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease / Caicedo, R.A.; Hill, I.D. -- Current therapy / Stern, M. -- Update on the management of refractory coeliac disease / Al-toma, A.; Verbeek, W.H.M.; Mulder, C.J.J. -- The National Institutes of Health consensus conference report / Cohen, M.B.; Barnard, J.A. -- Beyond coeliac disease toxicity: detoxified and non-toxic grains / Gilissen, L.J.W.J.; van der Meer, I.M.; Smulders, M.J.M. -- Oral glutenase therapy for celiac sprue / Ehren, J.; Khosla, C. -- Inhibitors of intestinal barrier dysfunction / Paterson, B.M.; Turner, J.R. -- Development of a vaccine for celiac disease / Anderson, R.P. -- Regulatory T cells in the coeliac intestinal mucosa: a new perspective for treatment? / Gianfrani, C. ... [et al.] -- Strategies for prevention of celiac disease / Hogen Esch, C.E. ... [et al.] -- Towards preventing celiac disease: an epidemiological approach / Ivarsson, A.; Myléus, A.; Wall, S. -- Animal models of celiac disease / Marietta, E.V.; Murray J.A.; David C.S.
- Frontiers in viral hepatitis 2003, ScienceDirect
- Frozen section library. Appendix, colon, and anus 2010, SpringerIntraoperative evaluation of colorectal specimens containing cancer -- Intraoperative evaluation for extracolonic disease in colon cancer patients -- Metastases and mimics of colorectal carcinoma -- Non-epithelial tumors of the colorectum -- Frozen section assessment of the colorectum in the pediatric population -- Frozen section evaluation of the appendix -- Frozen section evaluation of anal disease.
- Intraoperative Evaluation of Primary Hepatocellular Tumors.- Intraoperative Evaluation of Hepatic Biliary Lesions.- Metastases and Mimics of Metastatic Disease in the Liver -- Mesenchymal and Pediatric Tumors of the Liver -- Intraoperative Assessment of Donor Livers in the Transplant Setting -- Intraoperative Evaluation of the Extrahepatic Biliary Tree and Ampulla of Vater -- Intraoperative Evaluation of the Gallbladder.
- Frozen section library. Pancreas 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Introduction to Pain Management, Historical Perspectives, and Careers in Pain Management -- Multidisciplinary Approach to Pain Management -- Anatomy and Physiology -- Acute and Chronic Mechanisms of Pain -- Clinical Principles -- Assessment of Pain: Complete Patient Evaluation -- Diagnostic Imaging in Pain Management -- Pharmacology -- Opioids: Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics -- Opioids: Basic Concepts in Clinical Practice -- Nonopioid Analgesics in Pain Management -- Alternative and Herbal Pharmaceuticals -- Importance of Placebo Effect in Pain Management -- Non-pharmacologic Management of Pain -- Psychological and Psychosocial Evaluation of the Chronic Pain Patient -- Interventional Pain Management -- Functional Restoration of Patients with Pain -- Occupational Therapy in Client-Centered Pain Management -- Acupuncture -- Nursing Perspective on Pain Management -- Post-surgical Pain Management -- Acute Pain Management -- Pain Management for Trauma -- Regional Anesthesia Techniques -- Principles of Ultrasound Techniques --Labor Pain Management -- Chronic Pain Management -- Neuropathic Pain -- Ischemic and Visceral Pain -- Fibromyalgia, Arthritic, and Myofascial Pain -- Head, Neck, and Back Pain -- Headache -- Management of Cancer Pain -- Ethics in Pain Management and End of Life Care -- Additional Topics.
- Functional and GI motility disorders 2014, Karger"The clinical problems and dilemmas which the busy clinician encounters on a daily basis are the main focus of this publication. Emphasizing a clinical rather than a pathophysiological approach to problems, it facilitates access and helps the practicing clinician to develop an effective and efficient diagnostic and therapeutic strategy. Nevertheless, clinically important aspects of pathophysiology are also dealt with in detail when called for. A variety of scenarios that are especially relevant to modern medical practice, such as the intensive care unit, are taken into account. A group of internationally renowned experts guides the reader through the broad variety of diagnostic options available to assist in the assessment of symptoms originating anywhere along the gastrointestinal tract, from the esophagus to the anus, and, in each instance, every effort is made to critically appraise the technology discussed. Moreover, general overviews of broadly relevant therapeutic approaches are also provided. Pediatric and adult gastroenterologists, gastrointestinal surgeons and hospitalists will find this publication to be a valuable help in their daily practice"--Publisher's description.
- Fundamentals of virtual colonoscopy 2005, Springer
- Gastroenterology and nutrition neonatology questions and controversies. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectOverview of digestion and absorption / Josef Neu -- Maturation of motor function in the preterm infant and gastroesophageal reflux / Anna Marla Hibbs -- Development of gastrointestinal motility reflexes / Sudarshan Rao Jadcherla -- Development of the intestinal mucosal barrier / Allan Walker and Camilia Martin -- The developing intestinal microbiome and its relationship to health and disease / Josef Neu -- The developing intestine as an immune organ / Patricia Lin -- The developing gastrointestinal tract in relation to autoimmune disease, allergy, and atopy / Outi Vaarala -- What are the controversies for basic intestinal development and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Nutritional requirements of the very-low-birthweight infant / Patti Thureen and William Hay Jr. -- Controversies in neonatal nutrition : macronutrients and micronutrients / Frank R. Greer -- Regulation of protein synthesis and proteolysis in the neonate by feeding / Tracy Gautsch Anthony and Susan Hazels Mitmesser -- Lipids for neonates / Sheila M. Innis -- Human milk feeding of the high-risk neonate / Christina Valentine -- Nutritional requirements for the neonate : what are the controversies and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Necrotizing enterocolitis / Josef Neu -- Special nutrition of the surgical neonate / Tom Jaksic -- Controversies in short bowel syndrome / Marc Rhoads -- Neonatal cholestasis / Joel Andres -- The neonatal gastrointestinal tract as a conduit to systemic inflammation and developmental delays / Josef Neu and James Wynn -- Adult consequences of neonatal and fetal nutrition : mechanisms / Robert Lane -- Technologies for the evaluation of enteral feeding readiness in premature infants / Josef Neu -- What are the controversies for these clinical conditions and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu.
- Gastroesophageal reflux and the lung 2013, SpringerDeglutition, Swallowing, and Airway Protection: Physiology and Pathophysiology /Jacqui E. Allen --The Pathophysiology of Gastroesophageal Reflux /Nikki Johnston --Making an Accurate Diagnosis of GERD /Edward D. Auyang and Brant K. Oelschlager --GER and Aspiration in Children /Jonathan E. Spahr and Raymond C. Maguire --Dysphagia, GER, and Aspiration in the Elderly /Joshua Malo, Kenneth S. Knox and Ronnie Fass --Chronic Cough and Vocal Cord Dysfunction: The Role of GER /Jamal Hayat, Etsuro Yazaki and Daniel Sifrim --GER in Asthma and COPD /Bindu Akkanti and Nicola A. Hanania --Sleep and GER /Susan M. Harding --Gastroesophageal Reflux in Cystic Fibrosis and Non-CF Bronchiectasis /Ans Pauwels, Daniel Sifrim and Lieven Dupont --GER and Aspiration in Interstitial Lung Disease /Keith C. Meyer and Ganesh Raghu --GER in Lung Transplantation /Keith C. Meyer and James D. Maloney --Pharmacologic Treatment of GERD /Eric Alan Gaumnitz --Surgical and Endoscopic Approaches to GERD /Marcelo W. Hinojosa and Carlos A. Pellegrini.
- Gastrointestinal and liver disease nutrition desk reference 2012, CRCnetBASE"Presents the nutritional consequences and considerations of digestive disorders. Examines the role of nutrition in gastrointestinal and liver disease, including alcoholic and nonalcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, malabsorption, colorectal disease, transplantation, pancreatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Includes chapters on food allergy and intolerance, the effects of medicinal plants, and the role of fiber in the gastrointestinal tract. Addresses the challenges of managing nutritional issues for hospitalized patients, and covers eating disorders and ethical issues."--Excerpted from abstract provided by publisher.
- Gastrointestinal and liver pathology. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyNon-neoplastic disorders of the esophagus -- Tumors of the esophagus -- Non-neoplastic disorders of the stomach -- Epithelial neoplasms of the stomach -- Non-neoplastic and inflammatory disorders of the small bowel -- Neoplasms of the small intestine -- Gastrointestinal mesenchymal tumors -- Non-neoplastic and neoplastic disorders of the appendix -- Infectious diseases of the colon -- Idiopathic inflammatory bowel disease -- Inflammatory/descriptive/iatrogenic colitides -- Gastrointestinal polyposis syndromes -- Epithelial neoplasms of the colorectum -- Molecular diagnostics in gastrointestinal pathology -- Pathology of the anus -- Pathology of the gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts -- Non-neoplastic and neoplastic pathology of the pancreas -- Metabolic and toxic conditions of the liver -- Inflammatory and infectious diseases of the liver -- Liver neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal lymphoma.
- Part 1. Upper GI Bleeding -- Stabilization of Patients Presenting with Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Errol L. Bush and Mark L. Shapiro -- Urgent Workup for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Loretta Erhunmwunsee and Sandhya A. Lagoo-Deenadayalan -- Management of Esophageal Variceal Bleeding / Keki Balsara and Lisa Pickett -- Management of Dieulafoy's Lesions / Seraina K. Faes, Brian R. Untch, Claire Edwards, John Turner and Martin Poleski, et al. -- Management of Bleeding Peptic Ulcer Disease / James C. Padussis and Theodore N. Pappas -- Management of Unusual Sources of Upper GI Bleeding / Elisabeth Tracy and Janet Tuttle-Newhall -- Mallory-Weiss Syndrome / Jacob N. Schroder and Malcolm S. Branch -- Management of Bleeding Small Bowel Tumors / Keri E. Lunsford and Aurora D. Pryor -- Management of Bleeding from the Bile Duct / Carlos E. Marroquin and Bridget M. Marroquin -- Management of Bleeding from the Pancreas / Eugene P. Ceppa and Dana Portenier -- Part 2. Lower GI Bleeding -- Urgent Workup of Lower GI Bleeding / Dawn M. Emick and Leila Mureebe -- Bleeding Hemorrhoids / Kelley A. Hutcheson and Danny O. Jacobs -- Management of Bleeding Colitis and Colonic Diverticular Disease / Sebastian G. de la Fuente, Hardeep S. Ahluwalia, Alex Perez and John Migaly -- Colonic Arteriovenous Malformations / Sebastian G. de la Fuente and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Bleeding Colonic Tumors / Vanessa A. Olcese and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Part 3. GI Bleeding from an Unknown Source -- Evaluation of the Guaiac Positive Patient / Rebecca Burbridge and Melissa Teitelman -- Obscure GI Bleeding: Capsule and Double-Balloon Techniques / Stephen Philcox -- Provocative Angiography / Mayur B. Patel, Charles Y. Kim and Michael J. Miller -- The Unstable Patient with Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Surgical and Non-surgical Management / Rebecca P. Petersen and Aurora D. Pryor .
- Gastrointestinal cancer 2005, Springer
- Gastrointestinal cancer atlas for endoscopic therapy 2009, Springer
- Gastrointestinal carcinoma 2008, Springer
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in practice 2011, ScienceDirectIntroduction to endoscopy -- Preparation for Endoscopy -- Diagnostic Upper Endoscopy -- 4 Diagnostic Colonoscopy -- 5 Small Bowel Endoscopy: Indications and Technique -- Advanced Imaging -- Interventional Endoscopy -- Complications of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy -- Endosonography -- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Gastrointestinal imaging the requisites. Fourth edition [4th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyGet the essential tools you need to make an accurate diagnosis with Gastrointestinal Imaging, 4th Edition! Edited by Giles W. Boland, MD, this popular volume in The Requisites Series delivers the conceptual, factual, and interpretive information you need for effective clinical practice in gastrointestinal imaging. Master core knowledge the easy and affordable way with clear, concise text; new, high-quality images, and coverage of the latest modalities. Efficiently and affordably prepare for the written board exam and for clinical practice with focused, high-yield, richly illustrated coverage of the most essential concepts in gastrointestinal imaging.
- Gastrointestinal oncology-- a practical guide 2011, SpringerPET Physics and Instrumentation /Brad Kemp --PET Radiochemistry and Radiopharmacy /Mark S. Jacobson, Raymond A. Steichen and Patrick J. Peller --PET/CT Interpretation /Patrick J. Peller --Central Nervous System /Jeffrey A. Miller and Terence Z. Wong --Head and Neck /Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, Ujas Parikh and M. Abou-Zied --Chest /Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, D. S. Surasi, Gregory Russo and P. J. Peller --Breast Cancer /Gustavo A. Mercier, Felix-Nicolas Roy and François Bénard --Gastrointestinal /Roland Hustinx --Genitourinary /Jacqueline Brunetti and Patrick J. Peller --Gynecologic /Patrick J. Peller --Musculoskeletal /Jeffrey J. Peterson --Hematology /Rathan M. Subramaniam, Leonne Prompers, A. Agarwal, Ali Guermazi and Felix M. Mottaghy --Dermatological /David Brandon and Bruce Barron --Pediatric /Hossein Jadvar, Frederic H. Fahey and Barry L. Shulkin --Assessment of Response to Therapy /Ali Gholamrezanezhad, Alin Chirindel and Rathan Subramaniam --Metastatic Disease /Patrick J. Peller --Radiotherapy Planning /Minh Tam Truong and Rathan M. Subramaniam --Patients with HIV /Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, Devaki S. Surasi, T. Jackson and T. Cooley --Pitfalls and Artifacts /Geoffrey Bates Johnson and Christopher Harker Hunt.
- General features of the gastrointestinal tract and evaluation of specimens derived from it -- The nonneoplastic esophagus -- The neoplastic esophagus -- The nonneoplastic stomach -- The neoplastic stomach -- The nonneoplastic small intestine -- Epithelial tumors of the small intestine -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the appendix -- The neoplastic appendix -- Motility disorders -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyposis and hereditary cancer syndromes -- The nonneoplastic colon -- Epithelial neoplasms of the colon -- The nonneoplastic anus -- Neoplastic lesions of the anus -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine lesions -- Lymphoproliferative disorders of the gastrointestinal tract -- Mesenchymal tumors.
- Gastrointestinal physiology a clinical approach 2014, Springer
- Gastrointestinal physiology. 2nd ed. 2014, AccessMedicineGastrointestinal Physiology explains the operation and performance of one of the body's most crucial systems. Using clear, compelling language, the book's presentation makes it easy to absorb the content and integrate it as you learn the physiology of other bodily systems. Written to help you understand essential concepts rather than merely memorize facts, this unique text examines many medically relevant facets of this important body system, including anatomy, pathophysiology, and therapeutics, in concert with physiological information.
- Gastrointestinal physiology. Eighth edition. [8th ed.] 2013, ClinicalKeyGastrointestinal Physiology, a volume in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series, explains the fundamentals of gastrointestinal physiology in a clear and concise manner. Ideal for your systems-based curriculum, this fully updated medical textbook provides you with a basic understanding of how the GI system functions in both health and disease. New to this edition: Stay abreast of the latest research and findings in physiology with coverage of the physiological significance of gastrointestinal peptides; the regulation of mucosal growth and cancer; details surrounding acid secretion and peptic ulcers; and more. Access new gastrointestinal information on the regulation of pancreatic secretion and gallbladder contraction; the transport processes for the absorption of nutrients; facts about fat absorption; and the regulation of food intake.
- Gastrointestinal tract sonography in fetuses and children 2008, Springer
- Gastroparesis pathophysiology, presentation and treatment 2012, Springer
- Genetics of colorectal cancer 2009, Springer
- GI microbiota and regulation of the immune system 2008, SpringerOverview of gut immunology / Katie Lynn Mason ... [et al.] -- The commensal microbiology of the gastrointestinal tract / Janet M. Manson, Marcus Rauch and Michael S. Gilmore -- Overview of the gastrointestinal microbiota / -- Vincent B. Young and Thomas M. Schmidt -- Effects of microbiota on GI health : -- Gnotobiotic research / Robert Doug Wagner -- Positive interactions with the microbiota : probiotics / Marko Kalliomøki, Seppo Salminen and Erika Isolauri -- Negative interactions with the microbiota : IBD / Nita H. Salzman and Charles L. Bevins -- Diet, immunity, and functional foods / Lesley Hoyles and Jelena Vulevic -- Host : microbe communication within the GI tract / Christopher A. Allen and Alfredo G. Torres -- Host : microbe symbiosis : the squid, vibrio association : a naturally occurring, experimental model of animal/bacterial partnerships / Margaret McFall-Ngai -- The "microflora hypothesis" of allergic disease / Andrew Shreiner, Gary B. Huffnagle and Mairi C. Noverr -- The damage : response framework of microbial pathogenesis and infectious diseases / Liise-anne Pirofski and Arturo Casadevall.
- GI/liver secrets plus. 4th ed. 2010, ClinicalKey
- GISTs -- gastrointestinal stromal tumors 2011, Springer
- Glissonean pedicle transection method for hepatic resection 2007, Springer
- Handbook of capsule endoscopy 2014, Springer
- Handbook of liver disease. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of pediatric obesity Clinical management / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- HCV infection and cryoglobulinemia 2012, SpringerHepatitis C virus infection and the role of the immune system -- Cryoglobulinemia: immunochemical characterization, serological abnormalities and histopathological changes -- Structural and genetic features, cytokines and chemokines in cryoglobulinemia -- Cellular compartments of HCV infection (and replication) -- Mechanism(s) of cryoprecipitation -- Clinical manifestations of cryoglobulinemia -- HCV infection, cryoglobulinemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas -- Therapy of cryoglobulinemia.
- Helminth control in school-age children a guide for managers of control programmes.. 2nd ed. 2011, WHO
- Hemorrhoids 2014, SpringerThis book provides up-to-date knowledge on hemorrhoids for proctologists. It covers all aspects, including the history of hemorrhoids, the anatomy of the anal canal, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Both conservative treatment approaches and surgical methods are explained with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations and schematic drawings. Particular attention is paid to lift-up submucosal hemorrhoidectomy, developed by the author by modifying Parks' original method. Additionally, other important techniques proposed by world leaders in the field are described and illustrated. The international trend towards use of day-case hemorrhoidectomy is acknowledged by considering this approach in detail, with discussion of patient preparation, anesthesia, surgical technique, and postoperative management. The treatment of hemorrhoids in a variety of special circumstances is examined, including new trends in PPH. The closing chapter is devoted to the various forms of anesthesia for anal surgery.
- Hepatic caudate lobe resection 2010, SpringerAnatomy -- Surgical instrument and dissection technique -- Surgical procedures -- Approaches to the caudate lobe -- Classification of caudate lobe resection -- Retrograde resection of caudate lobe -- Measures for safe resection of caudate lobe -- Laparoscopic resection of the caudate lobe.
- Hepatic encephalopathy 2012, SpringerPart 1.Pathogenesis. --Role of Ammonia in the Pathogenesis of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jan Albrecht --Neuroinflammation in the Pathogenesis of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Roger F. Butterworth --Inflammation and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Shabnam S. Shabbir, Amit Singh Seyan and Debbie Lindsay Shawcross --Oxidative Stress in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Arumugam R. Jayakumar and Michael D. Norenberg --The Role of Natural Benzodiazepines Receptor Ligands in Hepatic Encephalopathy /E. Anthony Jones and Kevin D. Mullen --Introduction, Nomenclature, and Classification of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash --Part 2.Diagnosis. --Diagnosis of Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy /Karin Weissenborn --Diagnosis of Minimal Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jennifer Y. Montgomery and Jasmohan S. Bajaj --The Electroencephalogram in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Piero Amodio --Brain Imaging in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Rita García-Martínez and Juan Córdoba --Part 3.Treatment. --Disaccharides in the Treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Praveen Sharma and Shiv Kumar Sarin --Antibiotic Treatment for Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash --Ornithine Phenylacetate: A Novel Strategy for the Treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Maria Jover-Cobos, Nathan A. Davies, Yalda Sharifi and Rajiv Jalan --Part 4.Special Topics. --Sleep Disorders and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Sara Montagnese --Hepatic Encephalopathy and Driving /Matthew R. Kappus and Jasmohan S. Bajaj --Nutrition and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Manuela Merli, Michela Giusto and Oliviero Riggio --Hepatic Encephalopathy in Patients with Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS) /Martin Rössle and Wulf Euringer --Quality of Life in Hepatic Encephalopathy /Jillian Kallman Price and Zobair M. Younossi --Liver Transplantation and Hepatic Encephalopathy /Dileep K. Atluri and Kevin D. Mullen --Future of Hepatic Encephalopathy /Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash.
- Hepatitis B and D protocols Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Detection, genotypes, and characterization -- v. 2. Immunology, model systems, and clinical studies.
- Hepatitis C virus and liver transplantation 2014, SpringerHepatitis C Virus and Liver Transplantation is designed to provide a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of liver transplantation and hepatitis C virus infection. The sections of the book have been structured to review the overall scope of issues of recurrent hepatitis C in different complex settings, including retransplantation, HIV-coinfected patients or in the setting of suboptimal graft donors. This book provides up-to-date information on the application of new therapies to the field of liver transplantation. It provides the most recent data on their efficacy, the management of side effects, as well as the potential interactions and specific problems associated with their use in the transplant setting. Finally, an appraisal of the risks and benefits of using organs from anti-HCV positive donors is presented.
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery. 5th ed. 2014, ClinicalKeyLiver function and failure /Stephen J. Wigmore, Benjamin M. Stutchfield and Stuart J. Forbes --Hepatic, biliary and pancreatic anatomy /Steven M. Strasberg --Staging and assessment of hepatobiliary malignancies /S.M.M. de Castro ... [et al.] --Benign liver lesions /Rowan W. Parks, O. James Garden and Jean-Francois Gigot --Primary malignant tumours of the liver /Chetana Lim and Olivier Farges --Colorectal liver metastases /Declan F.J. Dunne ... [et al.] --Non-colorectal hepatic metastases /Zaheer Kanji ... [et al.] --Portal hypertension /Geoffrey H. Haydon ... [et al.] --The spleen /Chee-chee H.Stucky and Richard T. Schlinkert --Gallstones /Leslie K. Nathanson --Benign biliary tract diseases /Benjamin N.J. Thomson and O. James Garden --Malignant lesions of the biliary tract /Shishir K. Maithel and William R. Jarnagin --Acute pancreatitis /Colin J. McKay, Euan J. Dickson and C. Ross Carter --Chronic pancreatitis /Alexandra M. Koenig, Kai Bachmann and Jakob R. Izbicki --Pancreatic adenocarcinoma /Michael E. Kelly and Kevin C. Conlon --Cystic and neuroendocrine tumours of the pancreas /Saxon Connor --Hepatobiliary and pancreatic trauma /Rowan W. Parks.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma diagnosis and treatment. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerEpidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Environmental carcinogens and risk for human liver cancer -- Primary liver cancer: chemical carcinogenesis -- Molecular mechanisms of hepatocellular carcinoma: insights to therapy -- Genomic profiling of human hepatocellular carcinoma -- Pathologic aspects of hepatocellular tumors -- Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with hepatitis B virus -- Hepatitis C and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Metabolic disease and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Clinical features and a clinician's diagnostic approach to hepatocellular carcinoma -- Screening and biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Use of imaging techniques to screen for hepatocellular carcinoma -- MRI for detection and evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Ultrasound of hepatocellular carcinoma: the important contribution of contrast enhancement -- Percutaneous ethanol injection -- Radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Resection of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Living donor liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Medical therapy of HCC -- Percutaneous interventional technique for intra-arterial chemoembolization -- Molecular targeted therapies for HCC -- Radiation therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Psychosocial issues in hepatocellular carcinoma -- Putting it all together.
- Epidemiology and pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Biology of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Hepatocellular cancer: pathologic considerations -- Screening program in high-risk populations -- Staging of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Multidisciplinary care of the hepatocellular carcinoma patient -- Evidence-based guidelines for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in Japan -- Hepatocellular carcinoma arising in the non-viral, non-alcoholic liver -- Liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Ultrasound-guided liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Portal vein embolization prior to resection -- Laparoscopic liver resection for HCC: a European perspective -- Laparoscopic liver surgery for the management of hepatocellular carcinoma: the American perspective -- Liver transplant for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Vascular resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Microwave ablation and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Transarterial chemoembolization -- Chemoembolization with drug-eluting beads -- Yttrium-90 radioembolotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy and endocrine therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Targeted therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma -- The future: combination systemic therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Follow-up and salvage therapy for recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Hepatology and transplant hepatology a case based approach 2011, SpringerGeneral hepatology: Cases 1-26 -- Advanced liver disease: Cases 27-65 -- Transplant hepatology: Cases 66-90.
- Hepatology, principles and practice history, morphology, biochemistry, diagnostics, clinic, therapy. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Hepatology, textbook and atlas history, morphology, biochemistry, diagnostics, clinic, therapy. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Hereditary colorectal cancer 2010, SpringerColorectal cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in the US and the third most recently linked to cancer deaths. The national annual incidence rate of colorectal cancer is approximately 148,000+, striking slightly more females than males. The lifetime risk of colorectal cancer is 5-6percent, however patients with a familial risk (with two or more first or second degree relatives) make up 20percent of the patients. Persons who carry genetic mutations linked to hereditary colorectal cancer are the most likely to develop the disease.
- High-yield imaging. Gastrointestinal. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeySection 1. General radiologic principles -- section 2. Abdominal radiographs -- section 3. Pharynx -- section 4. Esophagus -- section 5. Stomach and duodenum -- section 6. Small bowel -- section 7. Colon -- section 8. General radiologic principles for imaging and intervention of the solid viscera -- section 9. Gallbaladder and biliary tract -- section 10. Liver -- section 11. Pancreas -- section 12. Spleen -- section 13. Peritoneal cavity -- section 14. Pediatric disease -- section 15. Common clinical problems.
- Hirschsprung's disease and allied disorders. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- HIV and liver disease 2012, SpringerHIV epidemic in the USA: current trends, 2010 -- Epidemiology of liver disease in human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons -- Current and future treatment guidelines for HIV -- Pathology of HIV-associated liver disease -- Noninvasive markers of liver injury and fibrosis -- Mechanisms of alcoholic steatosis/steatohepatitis -- Immunopathogenesis of liver injury -- Host gene polymorphisms and disease/treatment outcomes in HIV and viral coinfections -- Effects of HIV on liver cell populations -- HIV replication -- Hepatitis C: natural history -- Natural history of hepatitis B virus in HIV-infected patients -- Other hepatitis viruses and HIV infection -- Hepatitis B virus: replication, mutation, and evolution -- Hepatitis C virus treatment in HIV -- Treatment of hepatitis B in HIV-infected persons -- Prevention of hepatitis infection in HIV-infected persons -- Antiretroviral therapy and hepatotoxicity -- Management of end-stage liver disease and the role of liver transplantation in HIV-infected patients -- Assessment and treatment of alcohol- and substance-use disorders in patients with HIV infection -- Racial disparities in HIV and liver disease -- Quality of life in patients with HIV infection and liver disease.
- How gut and brain control metabolism 2014, KargerHormonal control of metabolism by the hypothalamus-autonomic nervous system-liver axis / Kalsbeek, A.; Bruinstroop, E.; Yi, C.-X.; Klieverik, L.; Liu, J.; Fliers, E. -- The blood-brain barrier as a regulator of the gut-brain axis / Schaeffer, M.; Hodson, D.J.; Mollard, P. -- The brain modulates insulin sensitivity in multiple tissues / Parlevliet, E.T.; Coomans, C.P.; Rensen, P.C.N.; Romijn, J.A. -- The important role of sleep in metabolism / Copinschi, G.; Leproult, R. ; Spiegel, K. -- Metabolic interplay between gut bacteria and their host / Duca, F.; Giard, P.; Covasa, M.; Lepage, P. -- The brain-stomach connection / Folgueira, C.; Seoane, L.M.; Casanueva, F.F. -- Prader-Willi syndrome as a model of human hyperphagia / Tauber, M.; Diene, G.; Mimoun, E.; Aabal-Berthoumieu, S.; Mantoulan, C.; Molinas, C.; Muscatelli, F.; Salles, J.P. -- Interactions between the gut, the brain and brown adipose tissue function / van den Beukel, J.C.; Grefhorst, A. -- Gut sweet taste receptors and their role in metabolism / Meyer-Gerspach, A.C.; Wilnerhanssen, B.; Beglinger, C. -- What is the role of metabolic hormones in taste buds of the tongue / Cai, H.; Maudsley, S.; Martin, B. -- Protein PYY and its role in metabolism / Price, S.L.; Bloom, S.R. -- Nutropioids regulate the gut-brain circuit controlling food intake / Mithieux, G. -- Should we consider des-acyl ghrelin as a separate hormone and if so, what does it do? / Delhanty, P.J.D.; Neggers, S.J.; van der Lely, A.J. -- Obestatin : is it really doing something? / Trovato, L.; Gallo, D.; Settanni, F.; Gesmundo, I.; Ghigo, E.; Granata, R.
- Ileoscopy technique, diagnosis, and clinical applications 2012, SpringerIleoscopy has proven to be very useful for the diagnosis of celiac, inflammatory, and infectious diseases of the small intestine. This endoscopic procedure is one of the most technically challenging steps of diagnostic colonoscopy but it also represents the best documented proof of a complete examination. This book covers all aspects of the endoscopic exploration of the terminal ileum, from the technique itself to the clinical diagnosis and management of the main pathologies that occur in this region of the digestive tract. A wide selection of magnified and non-magnified diagnostic images accompanies the text. Intended as an update on the imaging and management of ileal disease, the book provides an invaluable tool for improving the endoscopist's technique and for enhancing the clinician's knowledge of small-bowel diseases.
- Imaging atlas of the pelvic floor and anorectal diseases 2008, Springer
- Imaging of acute appendicitis in adults and children 2012, Springer
- Imaging of foreign bodies 2014, SpringerMost ingested foreign bodies pass through the gastrointestinal tract without a problem. However, both ingested and inserted foreign bodies may cause serious complications, such as bowel obstruction or perforation. Foreign body aspiration is common in children, especially those under 3 years of age, and in these cases chest radiography and CT are the main imaging modalities. This textbook provides a thorough overview of the critical role of diagnostic imaging in the assessment of patients with suspected foreign body ingestion, aspiration, or insertion. A wide range of scenarios are covered, from the common problem of foreign body ingestion or aspiration in children and mentally handicapped adults through to drug smuggling by body packing and gunshot wounds. Guidance is offered on diagnostic protocols, and the value of different imaging modalities in different situations is explained. Helpful management tips are also provided. This textbook will prove invaluable for residents in radiology, radiologists, and physicians who are involved on a daily basis, within an emergency department, in the management of patients with suspected ingestion, aspiration, or insertion of foreign bodies.
- Imaging of perianal inflammatory diseases 2013, SpringerThis practical volume is intended for all radiologists, gastroenterologists, and surgeons who are responsible for, or interested in, the diagnosis and care of patients with diseases of the anal and perianal region. After an introductory section focusing on surgical, MRI, and US anatomy, up-to-date clinical and therapeutic information is provided on the full range of perianal inflammatory conditions, with special attention to Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and sexually transmitted diseases. Physical and surgical examination is carefully discussed, with consideration of limitations, results, clinical needs, and the questions likely to be posed of imaging. The subsequent three sections provide detailed information on the different imaging modalities: transanal and transperineal ultrasound, contrast-enhanced MRI, and CT. Techniques, diagnostic accuracy, common and unusual disease patterns, artifacts, and pitfalls are clearly presented.
- Imaging of small bowel, colon and rectum 2014, SpringerThe new series A-Z Notes in Radiological Practice and Reporting provides practical guides for residents and general radiologists, organized alphabetically, primarily according to disease or condition. All booklets are designed so as to cover a large spectrum of topics referring to different anatomical regions of interest. Entries typically include a short description of pathological and clinical characteristics, guidance on selection of the most appropriate imaging technique, a schematic review of potential diagnostic clues, and useful tips and tricks. The present booklet, enriched by illustrations and schemes, is devoted to gastrointestinal imaging. Major topics in CT and MR imaging of the small bowel, colon, rectum, and anus are treated concisely in alphabetical order. For each topic a brief review of clinical features and pathology is presented, followed by a short description of imaging technique and an accurate review of imaging findings and signs which are useful in the differential diagnosis of gastrointestinal disease.
- Part 1. Acute Pancreatitis -- Pathophysiology of Acute Pancreatitis / Peter Shamamian, Peter Kingman, John Mallen-St. Clair and Dafna Bar-Sagi -- Clinical Aspects of Acute Pancreatitis: Features, Prognosis and Use of Imaging Findings in Therapeutic Decision Making / Richard S. Kwon, Koenraad J. Mortele and Peter A. Banks -- The Role of Ultrasound in Acute Pancreatitis / Costanza Bruno, Salvatore Minniti and Giacomo Schenal -- The Role of Computed Tomography / Emil J. Balthazar -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Acute Pancreatitis / Elizabeth Hecht -- Part 2. Pancreatic Trauma -- Pancreatic Trauma / Alec J. Megibow -- Part 3. Chronic Pancreatitis -- Pathophysiology of Chronic Pancreatitis / Giorgio Cavallini and Luca Frulloni -- Clinical Aspects of Chronic Pancreatitis: Features and Prognosis / Luca Frulloni and Giorgio Cavallini -- The Role of Ultrasound / Mirko D'Onofrio -- The Role of Computed Tomography / Rossella Graziani, Daniela Cenzi, Francesca Franzoso, Daniela Coser and Marinella Neri -- The Role of MR Imaging in Chronic Pancreatitis / Lorenzo Cereser, Maria Antonietta Bali, Myriam Delhaye and Celso Matos -- The Role of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) / Myriam Delhaye -- Part 4. Complications of Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis -- Pathology of Chronic Pancreatitis / Giuseppe Zamboni, Paola Capelli and Günter Klöppel -- Clinical Aspect of Complications: Features and Prognoses / Claudio Bassi, Giovanni Butturini, Nora Sartori, Massimo Falconi and Paolo Pederzoli -- Imaging of Pancreatic Pseudocyst / Giovanni Carbognin, Carlo Biasiutti, Chiara Calciolari, Giovanni Foti and Roberto Pozzi Mucelli -- Imaging of Biliary and Vascular Complications / Giancarlo Mansueto, Daniela Cenzi, Giulia Armatura, Riccardo Sante Murano and Alessia Tognolini -- Imaging of Local Extension and Fistulas / Giovanni Carbognin, Chiara Calciolari and Giovanni Foti -- Chronic Pancreatitis vs Pancreatic Tumors / Alessandro Guarise, Niccolò Faccioli, Giovanni Morana and Alec J. Megibow -- The Role of Endoscopy in Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis / David L. Diehl -- Surgical and Interventional Perspective in Chronic Pancreatitis / Massimo Falconi, Letizia Boninsegna, Nora Sartori, Claudio Bassi and Paolo Pederzoli.
- Imaging of ulcerative colitis 2014, SpringerDuring the past decade, the medical and surgical treatment of ulcerative colitis has undergone dramatic advances, including the widespread use of immunomodulators, biological drugs, and restorative proctocolectomy. In order to correctly balance the risks and benefits of medical therapies and surgical procedures, there is a need for improved diagnosis of colonic disease, acute complications, extraintestinal manifestations, and early and delayed postoperative complications. Cross-sectional imaging techniques are therefore playing an increasing role in the assessment of ulcerative colitis and provide an essential complement to clinical data and endoscopy. This practical, illustrated volume on the role of cross-sectional imaging is aimed at radiologists, gastroenterologists, and surgeons who are engaged or interested in the diagnosis and care of patients with inflammatory bowel disease, particularly ulcerative colitis. After an overview of diagnostic imaging techniques, state-of-the-art assessment of colorectal inflammatory disease with CT colonography using water enema and bowel MRI is discussed, followed by description of the plain radiographic and CT findings in patients with acute exacerbations and surgical complications. Subsequent chapters review the diagnostic findings and role of cross-sectional imaging in the assessment of sclerosing cholangitis (with emphasis on MR cholangiopancreatography), vascular complications (particularly portal and mesenteric thrombosis), colitis-associated colorectal cancer and perianal inflammatory disease. Normal postoperative appearances and early and delayed complications in patients treated with proctocolectomy and ileal pouch-anal anastomosis are also comprehensively reviewed.
- Immune mechanisms in inflammatory bowel disease 2006, SpringerStructure and function of the gut mucosal immune system / Reinhard Pabst and Hermann J. Rothkutter -- Functional aspects of the mucosal immune system / Cathryn Nagler-Anderson -- Recent progress in inflammatory bowel disease genetics / Judy H. Cho -- Microbial and dietary factors in the pathogenesis of chronic, immune-mediated intestinal inflammation / R. Balfour Sartor -- Experimental models of mucosal inflammation / Warren Strober and Ivan J. Fuss -- Overview of role of the immune system in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease / Thomas T. MacDonald and Giovanni Monteleone -- The role of the epithelial barrier in inflammatory bowel disease / Edward E.S. Nieuwenhuis and Richard S. Blumberg -- Involvement of dendritic cells in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease / Francisco Leon ... [et al.] -- Alterations of T lymphocytes in inflammatory bowel diseases / Charles O. Elson, Yingzi Cong and Casey T. Weaver -- The B-cell system in inflammatory bowel disease / Per Brandtzaeg, Hege S. Carlsen and Trond S. Halstensen --Alterations of mesenchymal and endothelial cells in inflammatory bowel diseases / Claudio Fiocchi ... [et al.] -- Role of mast cells and eosinophils in neuroimmune interactions regulating mucosal inflammation in inflammatory bowel disease / Stephan C. Bischoff and Thomas Gebhardt -- Multiparameter analysis of immunogenetic mechanisms in clinical diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel disease / Jonathan Braun and Stephan R. Targan -- The role of probiotics and antibiotics in regulating mucosal inflammation / Rainer Duchmann -- From immunogenic mechanisms to novel therapeutic approaches in inflammatory bowel disease / Martin H. Holtmann and Markus F. Neurath.
- Incisional hernia 2008, Springer
- Inflammation and gastrointestinal cancers 2011, SpringerBasic concepts of inflammation and its role in carcinogenesis -- Inherited syndromes predisposing to inflammation and GI cancer -- Stem cells and inflammation in the intestine -- Acid reflux and oesophageal cancer -- Helicobacter pylori and gastric cancer -- Inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer -- Primary sclerosing cholangitis -- Chronic inflammation and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Gastrointestinal cancer: current screening strategies -- Targeted drug therapies and cancer -- Genetics of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract and how it can cause cancer -- Endoscopic methods.
- Inflammatory bowel disease and familial adenomatous polyposis clinical management and patients' quality of life 2006, Springer
- Inflammatory bowel disease from bench to bedside. 2nd ed. 2003, Springer
- The influence of twentieth-century biomedical thought on the origins of inflammatory bowel disease therapy / Joseph B. Kirsner -- The changing epidemiology of IBD / Anders Ekbom -- Recent advances in the genetics of IBD / Russell D. Cohen -- New paradigms in the pathogenesis of IBD / Giorgos Bamias, Theresa Pizarro, and Fabio Cominelli -- State of the art medical treatment of the adult patient with IBD : the mesalamine-based therapies / L. Campbell Levy and Corey A. Siegel -- State of the art medical treatment of the adult patient with IBD : modern use of corticosteroids / Wojciech Blonski, David Kotlyar, and Gary R. Lichtenstein -- State-of-the-art medical therapy of the adult patient with IBD : the immunomodulators / Dana Moffatt and Charles N. Bernstein -- State-of-the-art medical treatment of the adult patient with IBD : the biological therapies / Stephen B. Hanauer -- Prebiotics, probiotics, antibiotics, and nutritional therapies in IBD / Richard N. Fedorak, Levinus A. Dieleman, and Karen L. Madsen -- State-of-the-art management of the pediatric IBD patient / Marla Dubinsky -- Innovations in the surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease / Roger Hurst -- Clinical utility of serological markers and thiopurine drug monitoring in IBD : an evidence-based review / Raja Tamaz and Ernest G. Seidman -- Caring for women with inflammatory bowel disease / Sunanda Kane and Rebecca Kowalczyk -- Novel radiographic techniques in IBD patients / V. Anik Sahni and Koenraad J. Mortele -- Novel techniques in the diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease / Shabana F. Pasha and Jonathan A. Leighton -- Inflammatory bowel disease pathology slideshow / Christopher R. Weber -- New findings in the diagnosis and prevention of colorectal cancer in IBD / David T. Rubin and Jami A. Rothe -- Managing the patient with a fecal diversion / Janice C. Colwell -- The new economic reality in the world of IBD / Nanda Venu and Russell D. Cohen.
- Innervation of the mammalian esophagus 2006, Springer
- Innovation in esophageal surgery 2012, SpringerAssessment of Surgical Innovation / Luigi Bonavina -- Clinical Impact of High-Resolution Manometry and Impedance-pH Monitoring / Marion Hädrich, Radu Tutuian -- Magnetic Augmentation of the Lower Esophageal Sphincter: Changing the Treatment Paradigm in Patients with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease / Luigi Bonavina, Greta Saino, Davide Bona -- Transoral Esophageal Myotomy for Achalasia / Karl-Hermann Fuchs, Wolfram Breithaupt, Gábor Varga -- Radiofrequency Ablation and Antireflux Management for Non-dysplastic Barrett's Esophagus / Stephanie Fischer See, Sebastian F. Schoppmann -- Esophageal Preservation in Barrett's Esophagus with High-Grade Dysplasia and Mucosal Adenocarcinoma / Thomas J. Watson, Jeffrey H. Peters -- Cost-Effectiveness of Radiofrequency Ablation for Barrett's Esophagus / Francesca Rancati, Emanuele Meroni -- Vagal-Sparing Esophagectomy / Steven R. DeMeester -- Thoracoscopic Esophagectomy / Miguel A. Cuesta, Donald L. van der Peet -- Limited Versus Extended Lymphadenectomy / S. Michael Griffin, Shajahan Wahed -- Definitive Chemoradiation Therapy / Joel Shapiro M.D., J. Jan B. van Lanschot -- The Art and Science of Esophageal Anastomosis / Simon Law -- Rationale and Outcomes of the Kaizen Method Applied to Esophagectomy / Mark D. Iannettoni -- Perioperative Nutrition / Marco Braga -- Quality Assessment, Education and Training in Esophageal Surgery / Arnulf H. Hölscher, Ulrich K. Fetzner -- The Future of Esophageal Surgery / Tom R. DeMeester.
- International practices in pancreatic surgery 2013, SpringerSurgery of the Pancreatic Carcinoma --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Claudio Bassi, Giovanni Butturini, Roberto Salvia --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Jens Werner, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Philippe Bachellier, E. Rosso, D. Jaeck --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Commentary /Tadahiro Takada, Keita Wada, Keiji Sano --Commentary /Andrew L. Warshaw --Chronic Pancreatitis Surgery --Basic Chapter /Hans-Ulrich Schulz, René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /David B. Adams, Katherine A. Morgan --Commentary /P. C. Bornman --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Michael B. Farnell, Ashleigh L. Levendale --Commentary /A. Fingerhut, S. V. Shrikhande, P. J. Shukla --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas: SCN, MCN, IPMN --Basic Chapter /Thilo Hackert, Stefan Fritz, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Katherine A. Morgan, David B. Adams --Commentary /Roberto Salvia, Marco Dal Molin, Claudio Bassi --Commentary /C. Max Schmidt --Commentary /Masao Tanaka --Surgery of Acute Pancreatitis --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans-Ulrich Schulz, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Hans G. Beger, B. M. Rau, B. Poch --Commentary /Peter Fagenholz, Carlos Fernández-del Castillo --Commentary /H. G. Gooszen --Commentary /C. W. Imrie, C. R. Carter --Commentary /Åke Andrén-Sandberg --Commentary /Michael G. Sarr.
- "The aim of this book is to present a concise yet instructive overview of the most common interventional and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures. Although there exists a large amount of literature dealing with therapeutic endoscopy, this publication stands out for several reasons: To begin with, it has been written by a highly selected group of international experts who contribute their own tried and tested tips and tricks. The various techniques are described in a homogeneous fashion, making it easy for the endoscopist to single out the important aspects for his or her own practice. Moreover, the data presented follows evidence-based guidelines, but does not inundate the reader with confusing facts and numbers. Finally, the book is illustrated like an atlas, featuring real-life pictures enhanced by explanatory drawings and algorithms." "This textbook is directed at residents, fellows, gastroenterologists and surgeons interested in therapeutic endoscopy. As the majority of the procedures described are classics that have stood the test of time, it will be a useful companion for many years to come."--BOOK JACKET.
- Intestinal failure and rehabilitation a clinical guide 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas 2014, SpringerIntraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMNs) represent an opportunity to treat pancreatic tumors before they develop into aggressive, hard-to-treat cancers. Beginning with morphological classification and its clinical significance, natural history, and malignant change of both main duct and branch duct IPMNs, this book covers the whole field of IPMNs of the pancreas. It reviews the various methods of investigation: imaging, diagnostic investigation of cyst fluid, and those using pancreatic juice; and also examines aspects ranging from the development of malignancy to the timing and method of resection, focusing on both main duct and branch duct IPMNs. Aimed at residents, clinical fellows, and pancreatologists who treat patients with this common disease of the pancreas, this book is a landmark in the current understanding and future perspectives of IPMNs of the pancreas.
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation a practical guide 2011, SpringerThe Immune response to transplanted organs / William M. Baldwin III, Anna Valujskikh, Peter N. Lalli, and Robert L. Fairchild -- The Histocompatibility laboratory in clinical transplantation / Diane J. Pidwell and Peter N. Lalli -- Immunosuppressive therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantation / George Thomas, Saul Nurko, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Clinical pharmacologic principles and immunosuppression / Patricia West-Thielke and Bruce Kaplan -- Pathology of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Lillian Gaber and Byron P. Croker -- Design, conduct, and report of clinical trials of immunosuppressive regimens in solid organ transplantation / Agnes Costello and D. Scott Batty, Jr. -- Outcomes of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Titte R. Srinivas, Herwig-Ulf Meier-Kriesche, and Jesse D. Schold -- Medical and surgical evaluation of the adult kidney transplant candidate / Richard A. Fatica, Stuart M. Flechner, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Selection and preparation of the pancreas transplant recipient / Ho-Yee Tiong and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Kidney transplant recipient surgery / Daniel A. Shoskes -- Issues and surgical techniques to expand the pool of kidneys available for transplantation / Charles S. Modlin III and Charles S. Modlin, Jr. -- Pancreas transplantation: surgical techniques / Alvin C. Wee and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Laparoscopic living kidney donation / Wesley M. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- Perioperative and anesthetic management in kidney and pancreas transplantation management / Jerome F. O'Hara Jr. and Samuel A. Irefin -- Surgical complications after kidney transplantation / Stuart M. Flechner -- Urological complications after kidney transplantation / Islam A. Ghoneim and Daniel A. Shoskes -- Medical management of kidney transplant recipients / Vidya Vootukuru and Brian Stephany -- Infectious complications: prevention and management / Robin K. Avery, Michelle Lard, and Titte R Srinivas -- Living kidney donation: pre- and post-donation evaluation and management / Jonathan Taliercio and Emilio D. Poggio -- Psychology, quality of life and rehabilitation after kidney and pancreas transplantation / Kathy L. Coffman -- Kidney allocation system for deceased donor kidneys in the United States / Islam A. Ghoneim and David A. Goldfarb -- Ethics of transplantation / David A. Goldfarb and Jerome F. O'Hara, Jr. -- World wide long-term (20-40 years) renal transplant outcomes and classification of long-term patient and allograft survivals / William E. Braun, Sankar Navaneethan, and Deborah Protiva -- Quantitative aspects of clinical reasoning: measuring endpoints and performance / Jesse D. Schold -- The Business of transplantation / Art Thomson.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy an evidence-based guide 2014, Springer"his book, written by expert surgeons, offers a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of all aspects of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Coverage includes the indications for surgery, anesthesia, establishment of pneumoperitoneum, surgical technique, and the prevention and management of complications. Performance of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in the specific contexts of biliary tree stones and acute cholecystitis is described. Extensive reference is made to the latest clinical evidence, and the real benefits of the laparoscopic approach, for example in terms of outcomes and day surgery, are carefully assessed. New technologies, including SILS, NOTES, robotic surgery, and miniaturized instruments, are reviewed. The learning curve and training are also extensively discussed, and an individual chapter is devoted to the views of international experts in the field. Some 20 years after the National Institutes of Health Consensus Conference first published recommendations regarding indications for laparoscopic cholecystectomy, it remains the gold standard approach and continues to evolve."--Publisher's website.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Anatomy of the abdominal wall and vaginal entry in relation to complications of access and injury in laparoscopy / Tom A.J. Schneider -- Surgical technique of traditional laparoscopic access / Gernot Hudelist and Jorg Keckstein -- Laparoscopic abdominal entry by the ternamian threaded visual system / Artin Ternamian -- Initial access to the peritoneal cavity for laparoscopic surgery in obese patients / Charlotte Rabl and Guilherme M. Campos -- The direct optical access: a feasible, reliable, and safe laparoscopic entry / Andrea Tinelli -- Robotic assisted surgery and related abdominal entry / Crisitina Falavolti, Roberto Angioli, Patrizio Damiani, and Maurizio Buscarini -- Robotic assisted surgery entry into gynecological oncology / Farr R. Nezhat and Shao-Chun R. Chang-Jackson -- Single access surgery: less is more? / Tahar Benhidjeb, Michael Stark, Jakob R. Izbicki, and Oliver Mann -- Reduced port surgery: single port access to the abdominal and pelvic cavity / Paul G. Curcillo II, Stephanie A. King, and Erica R. Podolsky -- The evolution of minimally invasive gynecological surgery: gas-less laparoscopic inspection and single hole surgery (GLISHS) / Nicola Gasbarro, Maurizio Brusati, Pietro Lupo, Sandro Gerli, and Gian Carlo Di Renzo -- First abdominal access in gynecological laparoscopy: comparison of techniques / Antonio Malvasi and Andrea Tinelli -- Blind entry at gynecological laparoscopy is substituted by entry under sight: complications in conventional laparoscopic entry / Liselotte Mettler, Wael Sammur, and Antonio Malvasi -- Natural orifice surgery: surgical procedures through natural body openings / Michael Stark and Tahar Benhidjeb -- Access in natural orifice transvaginal endoscopic surgery / Daniel A. Tsin.
- Laparoscopic gastric banding 2011, Springer
- Learning abdominal imaging 2012, SpringerThis book is an ideal introduction to the use of radiology in imaging diseases of the liver, gallbladder and biliary system, pancreas, spleen, and gastrointestinal tract. Each of the ten chapters is devoted to a particular organ and contains ten illustrated case reports drawn from clinical practice. Common clinical situations and indications for imaging are reviewed, and clear descriptions are provided of the various imaging techniques that will assist in resolving diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas. This book is recommended for medical students, residents, and inexperienced abdominal radiologists.
- Liver and biliary tract surgery embryological anatomy to 3D-imaging and transplant innovations 2006, Springer
- Liver and pancreatic diseases management 2006, Springer
- Abdominal imaging — Early neoplasias of the gastrointestinal tract endoscopic diagnosis and therapeutic decisions (100)
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen imaging features and differential diagnosis for a timely management approach — Liver and pancreatic diseases management (100)
- Liver anesthesiology and critical care medicine — Rectal cancer-- strategy and surgical techniques (100)
- Rectal prolapse diagnosis and clinical management — Zoom gastroscopy magnifying endoscopy in the stomach (55)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases