Books by Subject
View by page
- Abdominal imaging — Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2014-2017 diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques : 46th International Diagnostic Course in Davos (IDKD), Davos, March 30-April 4, 2014 (104)
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques — Immunization safety review hepatitis B vaccine and demyelinating neurological disorders (104)
- Incisional hernia — Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Second edition. [2nd ed.] (104)
- Pediatric neurogastroenterology gastrointestinal motility and functional disorders in children — Zoom gastroscopy magnifying endoscopy in the stomach (102)
- Diseases of the Liver in Children: Evaluation and Management provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of pediatric liver disease, with a practical approach useful for the primary care provider or general gastroenterologist. With an emphasis on tables and images, this book serves as a reference for understanding basic hepatic processes and the significance of laboratory findings. It also discusses the state of the art of diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the pediatric liver. The text captures the key elements of treatment and monitoring important for the primary care provider partnering in the care of these patients with pediatric hepatologists. The current state of transplantation and other surgical approaches are also discussed. The importance of aggressive bowel rehabilitation in the prevention of end-stage total parenteral nutrition-induced liver disease is also covered. Written by experts in their fields and including the most up to date clinical information, Diseases of the Liver in Children: Evaluation and Management serves as a very useful resource for physicians.
- DNA alterations in lynch syndrome advances in molecular diagnosis and genetic counselling 2013SpringerLynch syndrome (LS) is the most common cause of inherited colorectal cancer, a disease with a high mortality rate. An estimated 37,000 of diagnosed colorectal cancer cases worldwide are attributed to Lynch syndrome each year. Intensive cancer screening, with early initiation and frequent follow-up, can reduce colorectal cancer incidence and mortality in LS patients. This book provides an up-to-date overview on the genetic and epigenetic basis of Lynch syndrome. It evaluates clinical features of the disease and critically comments on molecular tools available for identifying mutations responsible for Lynch syndrome; in addition the importance of functional assays that can help clarify the clinical nature of identified mutations is also discussed. The book also focuses on challenges in genetic counselling of at-risk individuals and discusses related ethical issues. The purpose of the book is to give a concise knowledge base for the broader scientific and medical community, including genetic counselors, in order to improve awareness on the potential impact that the diagnosis of LS has on treatment, management and surveillance of LS patients.
- Double-balloon endoscopy theory and practice 2006Springer
- 1. Drug evaluations in pancreatic cancer culture systems -- 2. Mouse xenograft models for drug discovery in pancreatic cancer -- 3. Flourescent metastatic mouse models of pancreatic cancer for drug discovery -- 4. A new preclinical paradigm for pancreas cancer -- 5. Zebrafish as a biological system for identifying and validating therapeutic targets and compounds -- 6. Gene expression arrays in pancreatic cancer drug discovery research -- 7. Using array comparative genomic hybridization of pancreatic cancer samples to map interesting regions for target gene identification -- 8. The application of high-throughput RNAi in pancreatic cancer target discovery and drug development -- 9. MicroRNA a profiling and its application in drug discovery in pancreatic cancer -- 10. Methylation detection and epigenomics in pancreatic cancer -- 11. Tissue microarray applications in drug discovery for pancreatic cancer -- 12. Proteomic analysis of blood and pancreatic juice -- 13. Applications of antibody-lectin sandwich arrays (ALSA) to pancreatic cancer diagnostics and drug discovery -- 14. The development of pharmacodynamic endpoint models for evaluation of therapeutic in pancreatic cancer -- Index.
- Drug-induced liver disease. 3rd ed. 2013ScienceDirectI. Mechanisms of liver injury. Drug-induced liver injury / Neil Kaplowitz -- Cytochrome P450 activation of toxins and hepatotoxicity / F. Peter Guengerich -- Mechanistic role of acyl glucuronides / Howard Horng, Hilde Spahn-Langguth, and Leslie Z. Benet -- Oxidant stress, antioxidant defense, and liver injury / Mitchell R. McGill and Hartmut Jaeschke -- Hepatotoxicity due to mitochondrial injury / John J. Lemasters -- Mechanisms of cell death and relevance to drug toxicity / Lily Dara, Derick Han, and Neil Kaplowitz -- Role of membrane transport in hepatotoxicity and pathogenesis of drug-induced cholestasis / Bruno Stieger and Gerd A. Kullak-Ublick -- Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and liver injury / Laurie D. Deleve -- Macrophages and kupffer cells in drug-induced liver injury / Mark Barnes ... [et al.] -- Role of inflammation in drug-induced liver injury / Robert A. Roth and Patricia E. Ganey -- Role of the adaptive immmune system in idiosyncratic drug-induced liver injury / Jack Uetrecht -- Role of tissue repair and death proteins in liver injury / Harihara M. Mehendale -- Genetic factors in the pathogenesis of drug-induced liver injury / Ann K. Daly and Christopher P. Day -- II. Diagnosis and management. Clinical manifestations and management of drug-induced liver diseases / Willis C. Maddrey -- Histopathological evaluationof drug-induced liver disease / David E. Kleiner -- Risk factors for drug-induced liver disease / Raj Vuppalanchi and Maga Chalasani -- Biomarkers for drug-induced liver injury / Paul B. Watkins -- Causality assessment / M. Isabel Lucena ... [et al.] -- III. Hepatotoxicity of specifid drugs. Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver disease / Jack A. Hinson -- Acetaminophen / Laura P. James -- Mechanisms underlying the hepatotoxicity of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs / Urs A. Boelsterli -- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and leukotriene receptor antagonists / James H. Kewis and Jonathan G. Stine -- Mechanism, pathology, and clinical presentation of hepatotoxicity of anesthetic agents / J. Gerald Kenna -- Anticonvulsant agents / Munir Pirmohamed and J. Steven Leeder -- Hepatotoxicity of psychotropic drugs and drugs of abuse / Dominique Larrey and Marie-Pierre Ripault -- Hepatotoxicity of antimicrobials and antifungal agents / Richard H. Moseley -- Hepatotoxicity of antitubercular drugs / Sumita Verma and Neil Kaplowitz -- Hepatotoxicity of antiviral agents / Marina Núñez -- Hepatotoxicity of cardiovascular and antidiabetic drugs / Dina Halegoua-De Marzio and Victor J. Navarro -- Cancer chemotherpay / Laurie D. Deleve -- Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressive drugs / Adrian Reuben -- Hepatotoxicity related to methotrexate / Guruprasad P. Aithal -- Adverse effects of hormones and hormone antagonists on the liver / Shivakumar Chitturi and Geoffrey C. Farrell -- Mushroom poisoning / François Durand and Dominique Valla -- Hepatotoxicity of herbals and dietary supplements / Leonard Seeff, Felix Stickel, and Victor J. Navarro -- Occupational and environmental hepatotoxicity / Keith G. Tolman and Anthony S. Dalpiaz -- Chronic liver disease from drugs / Einar S. Björnsson -- IV. Future directions. Regulatory perspectives / Mark I. Avigan -- Drug-induced liver injury research networks / Robert J. Fontana -- LiverTox / Jay H. Hoofnagle.
- Dyspepsia in clinical practice 2011SpringerThe Definition of Dyspepsia -- Subgroups of Dyspepsia -- Epidemiology -- Structural Causes of Dyspepsia -- Functional (Nonulcer) Dyspepsia -- How to Diagnose Dyspepsia -- Differential Diagnosis: Overlap Between Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome -- Management of Uninvestigated Dyspepsia -- Management of Helicobacter pylori Infection -- Management of Peptic Ulcer Disease -- Therapeutic Approach in Functional (Nonulcer) Dyspepsia -- Prognosis -- Quality of Life Issues -- Economic Analyses of Present Management Strategies and Nonprescription Therapy in Treatment of Dyspepsia -- Dyspepsia in Children: Epidemiology, Clinical Presentation, and Causes -- Diagnostic Tests and Treatment of Dyspepsia in Children -- Dyspepsia in the Elderly -- Diabetes Mellitus and Dyspepsia.
- Dysphagia diagnosis and treatment 2012SpringerPart I. Anatomy and Physiology -- Anatomy and Physiology / Olle Ekberg and Göran Nylander -- Saliva and the Control of Its Secretion / Jörgen Ekström, Nina Khosravani, Massimo Castagnola and Irene Messana -- Feeding and Respiration / Olle Ekberg, Anna I. Hårdemark Cedborg, Katarina Bodén, Hanne Witt Hedström and Richard Kuylenstierna, et al. -- Oral and Pharyngeal Function and Dysfunction / Olle Ekberg -- Part II. Evaluation of Symptoms -- Evaluation of Symptoms / Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert -- Neurology of Swallowing and Dysphagia / Mario Prosiegel -- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Globus, and Dysphagia / Jacqui Allen and Peter C. Belafsky -- Pediatric Aspect of Dysphagia / Pascale Fichaux Bourin, Michèle Puech and Virginie Woisard -- Dysphagia in Systemic Disease / Thomas Mandl and Olle Ekberg -- The Geriatric Pharynx and Esophagus / Olle Ekberg -- Voice and Dysphagia / Daniele Farneti -- Psychiatric Aspects of Dysphagia / Margareta Bülow -- Part III. Imaging and other Examination Techniques -- The Clinical and Radiological Approach to Dysphagia / Peter Pokieser and Martina Scharitzer -- Imaging Techniques and Some Principles of Interpretation (Including Radiation Physics) / Olle Ekberg -- Pharyngeal Morphology / Stephen E. Rubesin -- Morphology of the Esophagus / Marc S. Levine and Arastoo Vossough -- The Pediatric Esophagus / Jane E. Benson -- Pharyngeal Manometry / Rolf Olsson -- Esophageal Manometry and Gastroesophageal Reflux Monitoring / Karin Aksglæde, Per Thommesen and Peter Funch-Jensen -- Impedance Planimetry / Johannes Lenglinger -- Radiologic Evaluation of Esophageal Function / Wolfgang Schima, Edith Eisenhuber and Christiane Kulinna-Cosentini -- Neuroimaging in Patients with Dysphagia / Kasim Abul-Kasim -- Cross-Sectional Imaging of the Oesophagus Using CT and PET/Techniques / Ahmed Ba-Ssalamah, Barbara J. Fueger and Wolfgang Schima -- Endoscopy of the Pharynx and Esophagus / Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert and Rainer Schöfl -- Part IV. Treatment -- The Therapeutic Swallowing Study / Margareta Bülow and Bonnie Martin-Harris -- Surgical Aspects of Pharyngeal Dysfunction, Dysphagia, and Aspiration / Hans F. Mahieu and Martijn P. Kos -- The Post-Operative Pharynx and Larynx / Anita Wuttge-Hannig and Christian Hannig -- Dysphagia Evaluation and Treatment After Head and Neck Surgery and/or Chemo-radiotherapy for Head and Neck Malignancies / Antonio Schindler, Francesco Mozzanica and Filippo Barbiera -- Behavioural Treatment of Oropharyngeal Dysphagia: Bolus Modification and Management, Sensory and Motor Behavioural Techniques, Postural Adjustments, and Swallow Manoeuvres / Renée Speyer -- Rheological Aspects of Swallowing and Dysphagia / Edmundo Brito-de la Fuente, Olle Ekberg and Críspulo Gallegos -- The Dietitian's Role in Diagnosis and Treatment of Dysphagia / S. Burton, A. Laverty and M. Macleod -- Direct and Indirect Therapy: Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Dysphagia After Stroke / Satish Mistry, Emilia Michou, Dipesh H. Vasant and Shaheen Hamdy -- Intervention on the Esophagus / Jason D. Conway, David J. Ott and Michael Y. Chen -- The Importance of Enteral Nutrition / Christina Stene and Bengt Jeppsson -- Part V. Complications -- Complications of Oropharyngeal Dysphagia: Malnutrition and Aspiration Pneumonia / Silvia Carrión, Eric Verin, Pere Clavé and Alessandro Laviano -- Dehydration in Dysphagia / Zeno Stanga, Samuel Hannes Baldinger and Pere Clavé.
- Early gastrointestinal cancers 2012SpringerClinically relevant study end points in rectal cancer -- Neoadjuvant treatment in rectal cancer : do we always need radiotherapy or can we risk assess locally advanced rectal cancer better? -- Treatment dilemmas in patients with synchronous colorectal liver metastases -- Pancreatic surgery : beyond the traditional limits -- Adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer -- Radiotherapy of the pancreas : state of the art in 2012 -- Adenocarcinoma of the GEJ : gastric or oesophageal cancer? -- Why is there a change in patterns of GE cancer? -- Endoscopic treatment for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma -- Open or minimally invasive resection for oesophageal cancer? -- Choosing the best treatment for esophageal cancer -- Multimodal therapy of GEJ cancer : when is the definitive radiochemotherapy the treatment of choice? -- Radiotherapy of gastroesophageal junction cancer -- Optimizing neoadjuvant chemotherapy through the use of early response evaluation by positron emission tomography -- Optimal surgery for gastric cancer : is more always better? -- Can adjuvant chemoratiotherapy replace extended lymph node dissection in gastric cancer? -- Predicting the response to chemotherapy in gastric adenocarcinoma : who benefits from neoadjuvant chemotherapy? -- Prediction of response and prognosis by a score including only pretherapeutic parameters in 410 neoadjuvant treated gastric cancer patients -- Adjuvant chemotherapy : an option for Asian patients only? -- Selecting the best treatment for an individual patient.
- Early gastrointestinal cancers. II, Rectal cancer 2014Springer"This Recent Results in Cancer Research volume provides an up-to-date overview of the multidisciplinary management of locally confined rectal cancer as well as colorectal cancer with synchronous resectable liver metastases. The contents comprise the majority of the invited contributions from the Second St. Gallen EORTC Gastrointestinal Cancer Conference, held on 6-8 March 2014 in St. Gallen, Switzerland. Written by some of the world's leading experts in the imaging, endoscopy, pathology, molecular biology, surgery, radiotherapy, and medical oncology of rectal cancer and liver metastases, the chapters offer a comprehensive view on the latest recommendations in diagnosis and multidisciplinary treatment. Every clinician involved in the care of patients with rectal cancer will find this book interesting and helpful."--Publisher's description.
- Early neoplasias of the gastrointestinal tract endoscopic diagnosis and therapeutic decisions 2014SpringerEndoscopic Screening and Surveillance-Indications and Standards -- Histopathology of Early Mucosal Neoplasias-Morphologic Carcinogenesis in the GI Tract -- Principles of Endoscopic Resection-Diagnostic and Curative Resection of Mucosal Neoplasias -- Endoscopic Detection and Analysis of Mucosal Neoplastic Lesions -- Enhanced Imaging and Tumor Morphology -- High-resolution Endoscopic Ultrasound -Clinical T-staging of Mucosal Neoplasms -- Squamous Cell-lined Esophagus and Hypopharynx -- Mucosal Neoplasias -- Columnar Epithelium-lined (Barrettś) Esophagus -- Mucosal Neoplasias -- Stomach-Mucosal Neoplasias -- Duodenum and Small Bowel -- Mucosal Neoplasias -- Colorectum-Mucosal Neoplasias -- Chronic Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Remission -Mucosal Neoplasias.
- Electrical stimulation for pelvic floor disorders 2015Springer"This book will enable the reader to gain a sound understanding of contemporary and futuristic evidence-based interventions and assessment procedures for pelvic floor disorders. It gathers the experiences of some of the most important experts on electrical stimulation techniques, offering a multidisciplinary and problem-oriented approach organized according to therapeutic goals. Interventions are recommended that are consistent with theory and display clinical efficacy for specific disorders, including urinary incontinence or retention, fecal incontinence, constipation, pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction, and neurological diseases involving the pelvic floor. All of the surgical or rehabilitative techniques requiring electrical stimulation for the treatment of these disorders are explored, and essential background information is provided on functional anatomy, neurophysiology, and concepts in electrotherapy. This volume will be a very useful tool for urologists, general or colorectal surgeons, gynecologists, and anesthesiologists, and also physiotherapists and alternative medicine practitioners (a specific chapter focuses on electroacupuncture). It will assist in their clinical practice as they seek to help the very many patients who suffer from any of the wide range of functional pelvic floor disorders"--Publisher's description.
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen imaging features and differential diagnosis for a timely management approach 2012SpringerThe term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- Endoscopic follow-up of digestive anastomosis 2014SpringerOwing to the alterations in visceral anatomy, many endoscopists, and especially trainees, experience difficulties when performing endoscopic surveys or procedures in patients who have previously undergone surgery to the digestive tract. In this richly illustrated book, an expert in the field provides a detailed overview of endoscopic follow-up of gastrointestinal (esophageal, gastric, and colorectal) anastomosis. Both normal appearances and pathological conditions involving complications are fully covered. The methodology, timing, protocols, and role of diagnostic endoscopy are first discussed. Endoscopic treatments for the resolution of different clinical problems related to recurrences, stenoses, dehiscences, and fistulas are then evaluated step by step with the aid of high-quality images. Regardless of level of experience, endoscopists and gastroenterologists will find Endoscopic Follow-up of Digestive Anastomosis to be an invaluable source of information and aid to treatment in this important area, which too often receives insufficiently detailed attention.
- Barrett's esophagus : screening, diagnosis, and management / Glenn M. Eisen -- Endoscopic screening for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus / Brian C. Jacobson -- Image enhancement endoscopy / Stephan M. Wildi and Michael B. Wallace -- Staging of esophageal cancer / Jason Vollweiler and Gregory Zuccaro, Jr. -- Endoscopic therapy for early esophageal cancer and premalignant lesions in Barrett's esophagus / Granapathy A. Prasad and Kenneth K. Wang -- Endoscopic therapy for advanced esophageal cancer / Sanjay Jagannath and Marcia I. Canto -- Radiological imaging of the upper gastrointestinal tract / Marc S. Levine -- Esophageal cancer therapy : surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy / John M. Holland and Christopher A. Canning -- Premalignant lesions of the stomach / Omid A. Shaye and Andrew Ippoliti -- Gastric polyps / George A. Makar and Gregory G. Ginsberg -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging gastric cancer / Gregory Olds and Amitabh Chak -- Endoscopic treatment for gastric cancer / Takuji Gotoda and Roy M. Soetikno -- Diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal lymphoma / John G. Kuldau, Peter R. Holman, and Thomas J. Savides -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors / Raquel E. Davila -- Carcinoid tumors / Wilscott E. Naugler and Gordon C. Hunt -- Medical and surgical therapy for gastric cancer / Diane Hershock -- Colorectal cancer screening / Jason A. Dominitz and William M. Grady -- Polyposis and familial cancer syndromes / Fernando S. Velayos, Madhulika G. Varma, and Jonathan P. Terdiman -- Endoscopic colon surveillance : post-polypectomy, post-colorectal cancer resection, and inflammatory bowel disease / Douglas B. Nelson and Mandeep S. Sawhney -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging rectal and anal cancer / Deepak V. Gopal -- Endoscopic therapy of colorectal carcinoma / Vaman Jakribettuu and Yang K. Chen -- Radiological imaging of the lower gastrointestinal tract / Steven E. Rubesin -- Current status of colorectal cancer therapy / John Strother ... [et al.] -- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas / William R. Brugge -- Diagnosis and evaluation of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma / Kenneth H. Yu and Nuzhat A. Ahmad -- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas : endoscopic palliation / Georgios I. Papachristou, Kevin McGrath, and Adam Slivka -- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors / Erik-Jan Wamsteker and James M. Scheiman -- Endoscopic diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinoma / Vanessa M. Shami and Irving Waxman -- Ampullary neoplasia / Ian D. Norton -- Magnetic resonance imaging of neoplasms of the pancreatobiliary system / Evan S. Siegelman and Wendy C. Hsu -- Medical and surgical therapy of pancreatic cancer / Weijing Sun, Jon Morris, and Jeffrey Drebin -- Endoscopic ultrasound for thoracic disease / Timothy Woodward, Massimo Raimondo, and Michael B. Wallace.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) for diagnosis and therapy January 1990 through September 2001, plus selected earlier citations : 1714 citations 2001NLM
- History of ESD -- Indications of ESD in the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract -- Indication for Colorectal ESD -- Role of EUS on Preoperative Staging of Gastric Cancer for ESD -- Advanced Endoscopic Imaging in the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract -- Advanced Endoscopic Imaging in the Lower Gastrointestinal Tract -- Injection Material for ESD -- Eastern Perspective -- Submucosal Fluid Cushion Injection Fluid -- Western Perspective -- Electrocautery -- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection for Superficial Esophageal Cancer -- ESD Technique: Stomach -- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection Technique: Colorectum -- How to Conquer Difficult ESD: Duodenum, Fibrosis, and More -- Prevention of Stricture Formation after Esophageal Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection -- Regenerative Medicine for Stricture Management: What does the Future Hold? -- Prevention, Identification, and Treatment of Hemorrhage -- Management of Gastrointestinal EMR & ESD perforation: From Lab to Practice -- Identification, Treatment, and Prevention of Complications: Perforation in the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract -- Prevention, Identification, and Treatment of Perforation in the Lower Gastrointestinal Tract -- Post-resection surveillance -- POEM -- ESD Expansion: NOTES ? Eastern perspective -- ESD Expansion: NOTES ? The Western Perspective -- ESD Training in the East -- ESD training in Western Countries.
- Endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus 2009SpringerNew technologies for imaging of Barrett's esophagus -- Argon plasma coagulation in Barrett's esophagus: the most widely available technique -- Radiofrequency ablation for eradication of Barrett's esophagus: a description of the endoscopic technique, its clinical results, and future prospects -- Decision making in ablation: disease, patients, and institutional factors -- Multipolar electrocoagulation (MPEC): an early, widely available technique -- Endoscopic mucosal resection in Barrett's esophagus: endoscopic surgery -- Combination: multimodal therapy -- Photodynamic therapy (PDT): the best-validated technique -- Cyroablation of Barrett's esophagus -- Cost-effectiveness of endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus.
- Endoscopy in inflammatory bowel disease 2015SpringerThe Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases over the Past 100 Years: A Brief Review -- Ultrasound -- Fluoroscopic Techniques for the Interrogation of IBD Patients -- CT Enterography in Crohn's Disease -- Magnetic Resonance Enterography (MRE) -- Role of Endoscopy in Diagnosis of Crohn's Disease and Chronic Ulcerative Colitis -- Capsule Endoscopy in the Evaluation of Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- Balloon-assisted Enteroscopy: Techniques, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Yield and Application in Small Bowel Crohn?s Disease -- Spiral Enteroscopy: Technique, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Yield and Application in Small Bowel Crohn?s Disease -- Diseases That Can Mimic IBD -- Histopathologic Diagnosis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- Role of Mucosal Healing -- Role of Endoscopy to Define Postoperative Recurrence in IBD -- The Use of Endoscopy to Follow the Clinical Course of Crohn?s Disease -- Endoscopy in Crohn's Disease of the Pouch -- Endoscopic Surveillance for Neoplasia in IBD: Random Biopsy -- The Near Future of Endoscopic Screening in IBD -- Surveillance for Neoplasia in the Patient with an Ileal Pouch -- Pathology DALM -- Endoscopic Approach to Resection of Polypoid and Non-Polypoid Dysplasia in IBD -- Endoscopic Treatment of Complications of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases -- Diagnosis and Treatment: ERCP in PSC -- Future of Endoscopy and IBD.
- The purpose of this book is to improve diagnostic yields of capsule endoscopy and double-balloon endoscopy, because those procedures can depict nonspecific findings that may not lead to a proper diagnosis. Another reason for the publication was recognition of the difficulty in distinguishing enteroscopic findings of ulcerative colitis from those of Crohn's disease. From a practical point of view, it is important to observe endoscopic pictures first, then to compare the images of other modalities, and finally to compare macroscopic pictures of resected specimens. For that reason, a large number of well-depicted examples of small intestinal lesions were assembled to clarify differences among small intestinal lesions that appear to exhibit similar findings and morphologies. Comparisons with radiographic findings comprise another important element in diagnosis. There are limitations in endoscopic observations of gross lesions of the small intestine, with its many convolutions. In Japan, many institutions still practice double-contrast imaging, which provides beautiful results. Because a single disorder may exhibit variations, this volume includes multiple depictions of the same disorders. Also included are lesions in active and inactive phases, as both appearances are highly likely to be encountered simultaneously in clinical practice. The number of illustrated findings therefore has been limited to strictly selected cases.
- Endosonography. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyFrom diagnostic to therapeutic procedures, Endosonography, 3rd Edition is an easy-to-access, highly visual guide covering everything you need to effectively perform EUS, interpret your findings, diagnose accurately, and choose the best treatment course. World-renowned endosonographers help beginners apply endosonography in staging cancers, evaluating chronic pancreatitis, and studying bile duct abnormalities and submucosal lesions. Practicing endosonographers can learn cutting-edge techniques for performing therapeutic interventions such as drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts and EUS-guided anti-tumor therapy. Meticulous updates, electronic access to the fully searchable text, videos detailing various methods and procedures-and more-equip you with a complete overview of all aspects of EUS. Get a clear overview of everything you need to know to establish an endoscopic practice, from what equipment to buy to providing effective cytopathology services.
- Energy balance and gastrointestinal cancer 2012SpringerThe gastrointestinal track provides one of the distinct systems where multiple malignancies, including adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, esophagus and colon are each associated with obesity. This unique association is covered in this volume of Energy Balance and Cancer from the epidemiologic, biologic and potential etiologic viewpoint. The focus on possible dietary contribution as well as the role of exercise in prevention and therapy is presented in both animal model and patient based studies. Special focus is provided also on the role of genetic mutations and inflammatory pathways as drivers of these obesity related gastrointestinal malignancies. Overall, this volume on Energy Balance and Gastrointestinal Malignancies should be valuable to Epidemiologists, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists, as well as to students and researchers from multiple disciplines interested in understanding and disrupting the association between obesity and cancer.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis 2012Springer
- Epidemiology of alimentary diseases 2005Springer
- ERCP. 2nd ed. 2013ClinicalKeyFour Decades : The History of ERCP -- The ERCP Room -- Radiologic Issues and Radiation Safety during ERCP -- Endoscopes, Guidewires, and Accessories -- Sedation in ERCP -- Indications for and Contraindications to ERCP -- Adverse Events of ERCP : Prediction, Prevention, and Management -- ERCP Training -- Preparation for ERCP -- Principles of Electrosurgery -- Quality Issues and Measures in ERCP -- Medicolegal Issues in ERCP -- Cannulation of the Major Papilla -- Access (Precut) Papillotomy -- Sphincter of Oddi Manometry -- Biliary Sphincterotomy -- Balloon Dilation of the Native and Postsphincterotomy Papilla -- Stone Extraction -- Pancreatic Sphincterotomy -- Minor Papilla Cannulation and Sphincterotomy -- Plastic Pancreaticobiliary Stents and Nasopancreaticobiliary Tubes : Concepts and Insertion Techniques -- Biliary Metal Stent Insertion -- Pancreaticobiliary Stent Removal : Migrated and Nonmigrated -- Papillectomy and Ampullectomy -- Pancreatoscopy -- Cholangioscopy -- ERCP in Children -- ERCP in Pregnancy -- ERCP in Surgically Altered Anatomy -- Echoendoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Biliary Drainage -- Endoscopic Ultrasound-Assisted Access to the Pancreatic Duct -- Pancreas Divisum, Biliary Cysts, and Other Congenital Anomalies -- Approach to the Dilated Bile Duct and Pneumobilia -- The Dilated Pancreatic Duct -- Ampullary Neoplasia -- Malignant Biliary Obstruction : Distal -- Malignant Biliary Obstruction of the Hilum and Proximal Bile Ducts -- Indeterminate Biliary Stricture -- Combined Biliary and Duodenal Obstruction -- Benign Biliary Strictures -- Biliary Surgery Adverse Events Including Liver Transplantation -- ERCP for Acute and Chronic Adverse Events of Pancreatic Surgery and Pancreatic Trauma -- Choledocholithiasis -- Pancreaticobiliary Pain and Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction -- Sclerosing Cholangitis -- Tropical Parasitic Infestations -- Recurrent Pyogenic Cholangitis -- Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas -- Unexplained Acute Pancreatitis -- Biliary Intervention in Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis -- Pancreatic Interventions in Acute Pancreatitis : Ascites, Fistulae, Leaks, and Other Disruptions -- Chronic Pancreatitis : Stones and Strictures -- Endoscopic Drainage of Pancreatic Pseudocysts, Abscesses, and Walled-Off (Organized) Necrosis.
- Esophageal diseases evaluation and treatment 2014Springer1. Esophageal Anatomy and Physiology -- 2. Esophageal Diseases: Radiologic Images -- 3. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Pathophysiology -- 4. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Diagnostic Evaluation -- 5. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Treatment -- 6. Treatment of Paraesophageal Hernias -- 7. Extra-Esophageal Manifestation of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease -- 8.Epiphrenic Diverticulum -- 9. Evaluation and Treatment of Zenker's Diverticulum -- 10. Achalasia: Pathophysiology and Diagnostic Evaluation -- 11. Achalasia: Treatment -- 12.Begnign Esophageal Tumors: Evaluation and Treatment -- 13. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: From Heartburn to Cancer -- 14. Barrett's Esophagus: Treatment Options -- 15.Esophageal Cancer: Evaluation -- 16. Esophageal Cancer: Surgical Treatment -- 17. Esophageal Cancer: Neo-Adjuvant and Adjuvant Therapy.
- Esophageal cancer causes an estimated 386,000 deaths worldwide and is the sixth most common cause of death for men. The background characteristics of esophageal cancer treatment are markedly different between Asian and Western countries, however. In tumor histology, squamous cell carcinoma associated with smoking and alcohol consumption is overwhelmingly prevalent in Asia, whereas adenocarcinoma associated with Barrett?s metaplasia is markedly prevalent in the West. In Asia, especially in Japan, the key persons who play important roles in the management of esophageal cancer patients are surgeons; in the West those roles are filled by medical and radiation oncologists as well as surgeons. The philosophy of surgeons regarding cancer surgery varies from locoregional to local tumor control, particularly in focusing on lymph node dissection. Physicians? approach to surgical adjuvant therapy differs, therefore, between Asia and the West. Considering these East?West differences in esophageal cancer treatment, the currently available results of Western evidence should not be considered directly applicable to esophageal cancer in Asia. In this book, the authors discuss the knowledge base in Japan in terms of treatment of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Since this volume contains a wide spectrum of current information and addresses topics surrounding the treatment of patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, it is highly relevant to Asian physicians and researchers as well as to their counterparts in the West.
- Extracellular matrix and the liver approach to gene therapy 2003ScienceDirect
- Fecal incontinence diagnosis and treatment 2007Springer
- Fibrocystic diseases of the liver 2010SpringerEmbryology and development of the ductal plate / Clifford W. Bogue -- Cholangiocyte biology as relevant to cystic liver diseases / Silvia Lecchi ... [et al.] -- Cholangiocyte cilia and basal bodies / Tatyana V. Masyuk, Anatoliy I. Masyuk, and Nicholas F. LaRusso -- Genetics of fibrocystic diseases of the liver and molecular approaches to therapy / Maya Tuchman, William A. Gahl, and Meral Gunay-Aygun -- Radiologic findings in the fibrocystic diseases / Orpheus Kolokythas and Grace Phillips -- Pathology of fibrocystic diseases of the liver / Camtu D. Nguyen Truong and Matthew M. Yeh -- Alagille Syndrome and JAGGED1/NOTCH sequence / Binita M. Kamath, Kathleen M. Loomes, and David A Piccoli -- Biliary atresia and the ductal plate / Ronald J. Sokol and Cara L. Mack -- Nephronophthisis and renal-hepatic-pancreatic dysplasia of Ivemark / David A. Myers and Jordan M. Symons -- Meckel and Joubert syndromes / Melissa A. Parisi, Laura S. Finn, and Ian A. Glass -- Bardet-Biedl and Jeune syndromes / Aoife M. Waters and Philip L Beales -- Congenital disorders of glycosylation and their effects on the liver / Erik A. Eklund and Hudson H. Freeze -- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease / Jodi M. Smith and Ruth A. McDonald -- Caroli disease, Caroli syndrome, and Congenital hepatic fibrosis / Ronen Arnon, Henrietta Kotlus Rosenberg, and Frederick J. Suchy -- Simple hepatic cysts/choledochal cysts / André A. S. Dick and Patrick J. Healey -- Autosomal dominant polycystic liver disease / Qi Qian, Vicente E. Torres, and Stefan Somlo -- Echinococcal/Hydatid cysts of the liver / Paul S. Pottinger, Austin Spitzer, and Raymond R. Yeung -- Miscellaneous cystic lesions of the liver / Iris W. Liou -- Vascular complications of fibrocystic liver disease / Maarouf Hoteit and Patrick S. Kamath -- Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma / Paolo Del Poggio, Ezio Pezzica, and Daniela Corti -- Cholangitis / Shayan Irani and Richard Kozarek -- Surgical management of fibrocystic liver disease / Meelie DebRoy.
- History and basic technique of fluorescence imaging for hepatobiliary-pancreatic surgery / Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Identification of hepatocellular carcinoma / Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Identification of metastatic liver cancer / Lim, C.; Vibert, E. -- Identification of occult liver metastases / Yokoyama, N.; Otani, T. -- Application of fluorescence imaging to hepatopancreatobiliary surgery / Hutteman, M.; Verbeek, F.P.R.; Vahrmeijer, A.L. -- Applications of indocyanine green fluorescence imaging to liver transplantation / Kawaguchi, Y.; Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Staining of liver segments / Aoki, T.; Murakami, M. -- Visualization of cholecystic venous flow for hepatic resection in gallbladder carcinoma / Kai, K. -- Fluorescence cholangiography in open surgery / Mitsuhashi, N.; Shimizu, H.; Miyazaki, M. -- Fluorescence cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy : experience in Japan / Tagaya, N. [and six others] -- Fluorescence cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy experience in Argentina / Dip, F. [and five others] -- Novel laparoscopic fluorescence imaging for identification of pancreatic and hepatobiliary cancer / Bouvet, M.; Hoffman, R.M. -- Novel fluorescent probes for identification of liver cancer and pancreatic leak / Yamashita, S. [and six others] -- Novel fluorescent probes for intraoperative cholangiography / Vinegoni, C. [and five others] -- Endomicroscopic examination using fluorescent probes / Goetz, M.
- Free radical biology in digestive diseases 2011KargerFree radicals and lipid peroxidation / Niki, E. -- Mitochondria as source of free radicals / Majima, H.J. ... [et al.] -- The Nox family of NADPH oxidases that deliberately produce reactive oxygen species / Sumimoto, H., Minakami, R., Miyano, K. -- Neutrophil-dependent oxidative stress in inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases / Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Oxidative DNA damage and carcinogenesis / Jiang, L., Toyokuni, S. -- Plasma marker of oxidative stress in circulation and in tissue / Yamamoto, Y. -- Immunochemical detection of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-specific epitopes / Uchida, K. -- Carbon monoxide-dependent regulation of microvascular function : one gas regulates another / Suematsu, M., Kajimura, M., Kabe, Y. -- Nrf2-Keap1 signaling as a prime chemopreventive target for antioxidative and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals / Surh, Y.-J. -- Free radicals and gastric mucosal injury / Ock, C.Y. ... [et al.] -- Free radicals in helicobacter pylori infection / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Free radical and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced small intestinal injury / Handa, O., Naito, Y. -- Free radicals in inflammatory bowel disease / Takagi, T., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Free radicals and chronic hepatitis C / Sakaida, I -- Free radicals and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease/nonalcoholic steatohepatitis / Sumida, Y., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Role of free radicals in pancreatitis / Hamada, S., Shimosegawa, T. -- Free radicals and cancer treatment / Kokura, S.
- Frontiers in celiac disease 2008KargerHistorical perspective of celiac disease / Guandalini, S. -- Natural history of celiac disease / Kaukinen, K.; Collin, P.; Mäki, M. -- The changing clinical presentation of celiac disease / Lebenthal, E.; Shteyer, E.; Branski, D. -- The global village of celiac disease / Catassi, C.; Yachha, S.K. -- HLA and non-HLA genes in celiac disease / Zhernakova, A.; Wijmenga, C. -- Twins and family contribution to genetics of celiac disease / Greco, L.; Stazi, M.A.; Clerget-Darpoux, F. -- Biochemistry and biological properties of gliadin peptides / Barone, M.V.; Auricchio, S. -- Innate immunity and celiac disease / Meresse, B. ... [et al.] -- Celiac disease: across the threshold of tolerance / Koning, F. -- The role of the intestinal barrier function in the pathogenesis of celiac disease / Fasano, A.; Schulzke, J.D. -- Diagnosis of coeliac disease: open questions / Auricchio, R.; Troncone, R. -- Current guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease / Caicedo, R.A.; Hill, I.D. -- Current therapy / Stern, M. -- Update on the management of refractory coeliac disease / Al-toma, A.; Verbeek, W.H.M.; Mulder, C.J.J. -- The National Institutes of Health consensus conference report / Cohen, M.B.; Barnard, J.A. -- Beyond coeliac disease toxicity: detoxified and non-toxic grains / Gilissen, L.J.W.J.; van der Meer, I.M.; Smulders, M.J.M. -- Oral glutenase therapy for celiac sprue / Ehren, J.; Khosla, C. -- Inhibitors of intestinal barrier dysfunction / Paterson, B.M.; Turner, J.R. -- Development of a vaccine for celiac disease / Anderson, R.P. -- Regulatory T cells in the coeliac intestinal mucosa: a new perspective for treatment? / Gianfrani, C. ... [et al.] -- Strategies for prevention of celiac disease / Hogen Esch, C.E. ... [et al.] -- Towards preventing celiac disease: an epidemiological approach / Ivarsson, A.; Myléus, A.; Wall, S. -- Animal models of celiac disease / Marietta, E.V.; Murray J.A.; David C.S.
- Frontiers in viral hepatitis 2003ScienceDirect
- Frozen section library. Appendix, colon, and anus 2010SpringerIntraoperative evaluation of colorectal specimens containing cancer -- Intraoperative evaluation for extracolonic disease in colon cancer patients -- Metastases and mimics of colorectal carcinoma -- Non-epithelial tumors of the colorectum -- Frozen section assessment of the colorectum in the pediatric population -- Frozen section evaluation of the appendix -- Frozen section evaluation of anal disease.
- Intraoperative Evaluation of Primary Hepatocellular Tumors.- Intraoperative Evaluation of Hepatic Biliary Lesions.- Metastases and Mimics of Metastatic Disease in the Liver -- Mesenchymal and Pediatric Tumors of the Liver -- Intraoperative Assessment of Donor Livers in the Transplant Setting -- Intraoperative Evaluation of the Extrahepatic Biliary Tree and Ampulla of Vater -- Intraoperative Evaluation of the Gallbladder.
- Frozen section library. Pancreas 2011SpringerIntroduction -- Introduction to Pain Management, Historical Perspectives, and Careers in Pain Management -- Multidisciplinary Approach to Pain Management -- Anatomy and Physiology -- Acute and Chronic Mechanisms of Pain -- Clinical Principles -- Assessment of Pain: Complete Patient Evaluation -- Diagnostic Imaging in Pain Management -- Pharmacology -- Opioids: Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics -- Opioids: Basic Concepts in Clinical Practice -- Nonopioid Analgesics in Pain Management -- Alternative and Herbal Pharmaceuticals -- Importance of Placebo Effect in Pain Management -- Non-pharmacologic Management of Pain -- Psychological and Psychosocial Evaluation of the Chronic Pain Patient -- Interventional Pain Management -- Functional Restoration of Patients with Pain -- Occupational Therapy in Client-Centered Pain Management -- Acupuncture -- Nursing Perspective on Pain Management -- Post-surgical Pain Management -- Acute Pain Management -- Pain Management for Trauma -- Regional Anesthesia Techniques -- Principles of Ultrasound Techniques --Labor Pain Management -- Chronic Pain Management -- Neuropathic Pain -- Ischemic and Visceral Pain -- Fibromyalgia, Arthritic, and Myofascial Pain -- Head, Neck, and Back Pain -- Headache -- Management of Cancer Pain -- Ethics in Pain Management and End of Life Care -- Additional Topics.
- Functional and GI motility disorders 2014Karger"The clinical problems and dilemmas which the busy clinician encounters on a daily basis are the main focus of this publication. Emphasizing a clinical rather than a pathophysiological approach to problems, it facilitates access and helps the practicing clinician to develop an effective and efficient diagnostic and therapeutic strategy. Nevertheless, clinically important aspects of pathophysiology are also dealt with in detail when called for. A variety of scenarios that are especially relevant to modern medical practice, such as the intensive care unit, are taken into account. A group of internationally renowned experts guides the reader through the broad variety of diagnostic options available to assist in the assessment of symptoms originating anywhere along the gastrointestinal tract, from the esophagus to the anus, and, in each instance, every effort is made to critically appraise the technology discussed. Moreover, general overviews of broadly relevant therapeutic approaches are also provided. Pediatric and adult gastroenterologists, gastrointestinal surgeons and hospitalists will find this publication to be a valuable help in their daily practice"--Publisher's description.
- Globus -- Dysphagia -- Noncardiac Chest Pain -- Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease -- Aerophagia, Belching, and Rumination -- Dyspepsia -- Chronic nausea -- Gastroparesis -- Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome -- Gas and Bloating -- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth -- Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction -- Functional Gallbladder Disorder -- Right Upper Quadrant Pain after Cholecystectomy -- Chronic Constipation -- Irritable Bowel Syndrome -- Colonic Inertia -- Chronic Diarrhea -- Fecal Incontinence -- Rectal Pain -- Complementary and Alternative Management Strategies in Irritable Bowel Syndrome -- Appendix: Answers to Teaching Questions.
- Fundamentals of virtual colonoscopy 2005Springer
- 2012 ClinicalKeyOverview of digestion and absorption / Josef Neu -- Maturation of motor function in the preterm infant and gastroesophageal reflux / Anna Marla Hibbs -- Development of gastrointestinal motility reflexes / Sudarshan Rao Jadcherla -- Development of the intestinal mucosal barrier / Allan Walker and Camilia Martin -- The developing intestinal microbiome and its relationship to health and disease / Josef Neu -- The developing intestine as an immune organ / Patricia Lin -- The developing gastrointestinal tract in relation to autoimmune disease, allergy, and atopy / Outi Vaarala -- What are the controversies for basic intestinal development and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Nutritional requirements of the very-low-birthweight infant / Patti Thureen and William Hay Jr. -- Controversies in neonatal nutrition : macronutrients and micronutrients / Frank R. Greer -- Regulation of protein synthesis and proteolysis in the neonate by feeding / Tracy Gautsch Anthony and Susan Hazels Mitmesser -- Lipids for neonates / Sheila M. Innis -- Human milk feeding of the high-risk neonate / Christina Valentine -- Nutritional requirements for the neonate : what are the controversies and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu -- Necrotizing enterocolitis / Josef Neu -- Special nutrition of the surgical neonate / Tom Jaksic -- Controversies in short bowel syndrome / Marc Rhoads -- Neonatal cholestasis / Joel Andres -- The neonatal gastrointestinal tract as a conduit to systemic inflammation and developmental delays / Josef Neu and James Wynn -- Adult consequences of neonatal and fetal nutrition : mechanisms / Robert Lane -- Technologies for the evaluation of enteral feeding readiness in premature infants / Josef Neu -- What are the controversies for these clinical conditions and where will the field be moving in the future? / Josef Neu.
- Gastroesophageal reflux and the lung 2013SpringerDeglutition, Swallowing, and Airway Protection: Physiology and Pathophysiology / Jacqui E. Allen -- The Pathophysiology of Gastroesophageal Reflux / Nikki Johnston -- Making an Accurate Diagnosis of GERD / Edward D. Auyang and Brant K. Oelschlager -- GER and Aspiration in Children / Jonathan E. Spahr and Raymond C. Maguire -- Dysphagia, GER, and Aspiration in the Elderly / Joshua Malo, Kenneth S. Knox and Ronnie Fass -- Chronic Cough and Vocal Cord Dysfunction: The Role of GER / Jamal Hayat, Etsuro Yazaki and Daniel Sifrim -- GER in Asthma and COPD / Bindu Akkanti and Nicola A. Hanania -- Sleep and GER / Susan M. Harding -- Gastroesophageal Reflux in Cystic Fibrosis and Non-CF Bronchiectasis / Ans Pauwels, Daniel Sifrim and Lieven Dupont -- GER and Aspiration in Interstitial Lung Disease / Keith C. Meyer and Ganesh Raghu -- GER in Lung Transplantation / Keith C. Meyer and James D. Maloney -- Pharmacologic Treatment of GERD / Eric Alan Gaumnitz -- Surgical and Endoscopic Approaches to GERD / Marcelo W. Hinojosa and Carlos A. Pellegrini.
- Gastrointestinal and liver disease nutrition desk reference 2012CRCnetBASE"Presents the nutritional consequences and considerations of digestive disorders. Examines the role of nutrition in gastrointestinal and liver disease, including alcoholic and nonalcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, malabsorption, colorectal disease, transplantation, pancreatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Includes chapters on food allergy and intolerance, the effects of medicinal plants, and the role of fiber in the gastrointestinal tract. Addresses the challenges of managing nutritional issues for hospitalized patients, and covers eating disorders and ethical issues."--Excerpted from abstract provided by publisher.
- Gastrointestinal and liver pathology. 2nd ed. 2012ClinicalKeyNon-neoplastic disorders of the esophagus -- Tumors of the esophagus -- Non-neoplastic disorders of the stomach -- Epithelial neoplasms of the stomach -- Non-neoplastic and inflammatory disorders of the small bowel -- Neoplasms of the small intestine -- Gastrointestinal mesenchymal tumors -- Non-neoplastic and neoplastic disorders of the appendix -- Infectious diseases of the colon -- Idiopathic inflammatory bowel disease -- Inflammatory/descriptive/iatrogenic colitides -- Gastrointestinal polyposis syndromes -- Epithelial neoplasms of the colorectum -- Molecular diagnostics in gastrointestinal pathology -- Pathology of the anus -- Pathology of the gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts -- Non-neoplastic and neoplastic pathology of the pancreas -- Metabolic and toxic conditions of the liver -- Inflammatory and infectious diseases of the liver -- Liver neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal lymphoma.
- Part 1. Upper GI Bleeding -- Stabilization of Patients Presenting with Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Errol L. Bush and Mark L. Shapiro -- Urgent Workup for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding / Loretta Erhunmwunsee and Sandhya A. Lagoo-Deenadayalan -- Management of Esophageal Variceal Bleeding / Keki Balsara and Lisa Pickett -- Management of Dieulafoy's Lesions / Seraina K. Faes, Brian R. Untch, Claire Edwards, John Turner and Martin Poleski, et al. -- Management of Bleeding Peptic Ulcer Disease / James C. Padussis and Theodore N. Pappas -- Management of Unusual Sources of Upper GI Bleeding / Elisabeth Tracy and Janet Tuttle-Newhall -- Mallory-Weiss Syndrome / Jacob N. Schroder and Malcolm S. Branch -- Management of Bleeding Small Bowel Tumors / Keri E. Lunsford and Aurora D. Pryor -- Management of Bleeding from the Bile Duct / Carlos E. Marroquin and Bridget M. Marroquin -- Management of Bleeding from the Pancreas / Eugene P. Ceppa and Dana Portenier -- Part 2. Lower GI Bleeding -- Urgent Workup of Lower GI Bleeding / Dawn M. Emick and Leila Mureebe -- Bleeding Hemorrhoids / Kelley A. Hutcheson and Danny O. Jacobs -- Management of Bleeding Colitis and Colonic Diverticular Disease / Sebastian G. de la Fuente, Hardeep S. Ahluwalia, Alex Perez and John Migaly -- Colonic Arteriovenous Malformations / Sebastian G. de la Fuente and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Bleeding Colonic Tumors / Vanessa A. Olcese and Christopher R. Mantyh -- Part 3. GI Bleeding from an Unknown Source -- Evaluation of the Guaiac Positive Patient / Rebecca Burbridge and Melissa Teitelman -- Obscure GI Bleeding: Capsule and Double-Balloon Techniques / Stephen Philcox -- Provocative Angiography / Mayur B. Patel, Charles Y. Kim and Michael J. Miller -- The Unstable Patient with Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Surgical and Non-surgical Management / Rebecca P. Petersen and Aurora D. Pryor .
- Gastrointestinal cancer 2005Springer
- Gastrointestinal cancer atlas for endoscopic therapy 2009Springer
- Gastrointestinal carcinoma 2008Springer
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in practice 2011ScienceDirect2011 ClinicalKeyIntroduction to endoscopy -- Preparation for Endoscopy -- Diagnostic Upper Endoscopy -- 4 Diagnostic Colonoscopy -- 5 Small Bowel Endoscopy: Indications and Technique -- Advanced Imaging -- Interventional Endoscopy -- Complications of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy -- Endosonography -- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- This comprehensive treatise on cutting edge tools and research provides a fascinating insight into the rapidly evolving field of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy. Accomplished international researchers and clinicians discuss the latest endoscopic advances in diverse areas including obesity and associated metabolic syndromes, management of peripancreatic fluid collections, endoluminal suturing techniques, fistula closure, management of Barrettℓ́ℓs epithelium, cholangioscopy, chromoendoscopy, high resolution manometry and endoscopic ultrasonography. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: New Technologies and Changing Paradigms is a valuable resource on the evolving role of endoscopic management of gastrointestinal diseases and is a tremendous resource for gastroenterologists, endoscopists, GI surgeons, and medical residents.
- Gastrointestinal imaging 2008Thieme BookLiver -- Gallbladder and biliary tract -- Pancreas -- Gastrointestinal tract (general) -- Esophagus -- Stomach and duodenum -- Small bowel -- Colon and anus -- Abdominal cavity.
- Gastrointestinal imaging 2011Thieme BookIndhold: RadCases contains cases selected to simulate everything that you'll see on your rounds, rotations, and exams. RadCases also helps you identify the correct differential diagnosis for each case - including the most critical. Each RadCases title features 100 carefully selected, must-know cases documented with clear, high-quality radiographs. The organization provides maximum ease of use for self-assessment.Each case begins with the clinical presentation on the right-hand page; simply turn the page for imaging findings, differential diagnoses, the definitive diagnosis, essential facts, and more. Each RadCases title includes a scratch-off code that allows 12 months of access to a searchable online database of all 100 cases from the book plus an additional 150 cases in that book's specialty - 250 cases in total.
- Get the essential tools you need to make an accurate diagnosis with Gastrointestinal Imaging, 4th Edition! Edited by Giles W. Boland, MD, this popular volume in The Requisites Series delivers the conceptual, factual, and interpretive information you need for effective clinical practice in gastrointestinal imaging. Master core knowledge the easy and affordable way with clear, concise text; new, high-quality images, and coverage of the latest modalities. Efficiently and affordably prepare for the written board exam and for clinical practice with focused, high-yield, richly illustrated coverage of the most essential concepts in gastrointestinal imaging.
- Gastrointestinal oncology-- a practical guide 2011SpringerPET Physics and Instrumentation / Brad Kemp -- PET Radiochemistry and Radiopharmacy / Mark S. Jacobson, Raymond A. Steichen and Patrick J. Peller -- PET/CT Interpretation / Patrick J. Peller -- Central Nervous System / Jeffrey A. Miller and Terence Z. Wong -- Head and Neck / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, Ujas Parikh and M. Abou-Zied -- Chest / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, D. S. Surasi, Gregory Russo and P. J. Peller -- Breast Cancer / Gustavo A. Mercier, Felix-Nicolas Roy and François Bénard -- Gastrointestinal / Roland Hustinx -- Genitourinary / Jacqueline Brunetti and Patrick J. Peller -- Gynecologic / Patrick J. Peller -- Musculoskeletal / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Hematology / Rathan M. Subramaniam, Leonne Prompers, A. Agarwal, Ali Guermazi and Felix M. Mottaghy -- Dermatological / David Brandon and Bruce Barron -- Pediatric / Hossein Jadvar, Frederic H. Fahey and Barry L. Shulkin -- Assessment of Response to Therapy / Ali Gholamrezanezhad, Alin Chirindel and Rathan Subramaniam -- Metastatic Disease / Patrick J. Peller -- Radiotherapy Planning / Minh Tam Truong and Rathan M. Subramaniam -- Patients with HIV / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, Devaki S. Surasi, T. Jackson and T. Cooley -- Pitfalls and Artifacts / Geoffrey Bates Johnson and Christopher Harker Hunt.
- General features of the gastrointestinal tract and evaluation of specimens derived from it -- The nonneoplastic esophagus -- The neoplastic esophagus -- The nonneoplastic stomach -- The neoplastic stomach -- The nonneoplastic small intestine -- Epithelial tumors of the small intestine -- Nonneoplastic diseases of the appendix -- The neoplastic appendix -- Motility disorders -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyposis and hereditary cancer syndromes -- The nonneoplastic colon -- Epithelial neoplasms of the colon -- The nonneoplastic anus -- Neoplastic lesions of the anus -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine lesions -- Lymphoproliferative disorders of the gastrointestinal tract -- Mesenchymal tumors.
- Gastrointestinal physiology-- a clinical approach 2014SpringerThis volume provides a practical hands on guide to gastrointestinal physiology. The book emphasizes an appreciation of basic physiological concepts and their application to novel clinical situations. It exposes the physician-in-training to fundamental principles that are useful in treating patients and lays the groundwork for more advanced study in the future. The authors present relevant cases which incorporate newer adult learning strategies in medical education. These cases provide a forum in which the student can apply acquired knowledge, skills and attitudes. Connections are made to reader's life, whether in the classroom, on the wards or out and about town. Designed for medical students who are studying gastrointestinal physiology for the first time, Gastrointestinal Physiology: A Clinical Approach provides a superb review for upper level medical students and house officers. Nursing and allied health professions students will also find this text to be a useful guide. GI fellows and attending physicians in need of a concise review of fundamental GI physiology principles will also benefit from reading this book.
- Gastrointestinal physiology. 2nd ed. 2014AccessMedicineGastrointestinal Physiology explains the operation and performance of one of the body's most crucial systems. Using clear, compelling language, the book's presentation makes it easy to absorb the content and integrate it as you learn the physiology of other bodily systems. Written to help you understand essential concepts rather than merely memorize facts, this unique text examines many medically relevant facets of this important body system, including anatomy, pathophysiology, and therapeutics, in concert with physiological information.
- Gastrointestinal physiology. Eighth edition. [8th ed.] 2013ClinicalKeyGastrointestinal Physiology, a volume in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series, explains the fundamentals of gastrointestinal physiology in a clear and concise manner. Ideal for your systems-based curriculum, this fully updated medical textbook provides you with a basic understanding of how the GI system functions in both health and disease. New to this edition: Stay abreast of the latest research and findings in physiology with coverage of the physiological significance of gastrointestinal peptides; the regulation of mucosal growth and cancer; details surrounding acid secretion and peptic ulcers; and more. Access new gastrointestinal information on the regulation of pancreatic secretion and gallbladder contraction; the transport processes for the absorption of nutrients; facts about fat absorption; and the regulation of food intake.
- Tracheo-esophageal Fistula -- Esophageal strictures refractory to endoscopic dilatation -- Esophgeal anastomotic leak -- Transhiatal esophagectomy: intraoperative disasters -- Chyle leak after esophageal surgery -- Management of airway, hoarseness and vocal cord dysfunction after esophagectomy -- Severe reflux induced esophagitis -- Introperative solutions for gastric conduit that will not reach -- Injury to the right gastroepiploic artery -- Intraoperative solutions for ischemic gastric conduit -- Jejunal feeding tube complications -- Bile reflux and gastroparesis -- Gastric surgery: dealing with dumping syndrome -- Afferent loop syndrome -- Duodenal stump blowout -- Postoperative complications after surgery for gastric cancer: Anastomotic leakage -- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery: postoperative hepatic insufficiency -- Biliary leaks and thoracobiliary fistula -- Contralateral bile duct injury during hepatic resection -- Massive Intra-operative Hemorrhage During Hepato-Biliary and Pancreatic Surgery -- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery: Intraoperative injury to Hepatic Arterial Structures -- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery: hepatic abscess -- Hepaticojejunostomy anastomotic strictures -- Stricture at Pancreatico-Jejunostomy or Pancreatico-Gastrostomy -- Postoperative Portal, Mesenteric and Splenic Vein Thrombosis -- Post-pancreatectomy Hemorrhage: Early and Late -- Major Disruptions of Pancreaticojejunostomy -- Persistent Pancreatic Fistula -- Management of Chyle Leaks Following Pancreatic Resection -- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery: Preventing Pancreatic Fistula following Distal Pancreatectomy -- Pearls for the Small Bowel and Colon That Will Not Reach -- Anastomotic Leak / Pelvic Abscess -- Management of Anastomotic Stricture -- Colorectal Surgery: Intraoperative Ureteral Injury -- Colorectal surgery: Prostatic Urethral Injury -- Vaginal Injury During Stapled -- Anastomosis -- Management of rectovaginal fistula -- Management of Presacral / Pelvic Bleeding -- Breakdown / Nonhealing of Perineal Wound -- Complications after TEM (Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery) and TAMIS Maria -- Parastomal hernia -- Stoma Retraction/Ischemia/Stenosis -- Incontinence after Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy/ Fistulotomy -- Anal Stenosis after Hemorrhoidectomy: Avoidance and Management -- Delivering Bad News: Conversations with My Surgeon.
- Genetics of colorectal cancer 2009Springer
- GI microbiota and regulation of the immune system 2008SpringerOverview of gut immunology / Katie Lynn Mason ... [et al.] -- The commensal microbiology of the gastrointestinal tract / Janet M. Manson, Marcus Rauch and Michael S. Gilmore -- Overview of the gastrointestinal microbiota / -- Vincent B. Young and Thomas M. Schmidt -- Effects of microbiota on GI health : -- Gnotobiotic research / Robert Doug Wagner -- Positive interactions with the microbiota : probiotics / Marko Kalliomøki, Seppo Salminen and Erika Isolauri -- Negative interactions with the microbiota : IBD / Nita H. Salzman and Charles L. Bevins -- Diet, immunity, and functional foods / Lesley Hoyles and Jelena Vulevic -- Host : microbe communication within the GI tract / Christopher A. Allen and Alfredo G. Torres -- Host : microbe symbiosis : the squid, vibrio association : a naturally occurring, experimental model of animal/bacterial partnerships / Margaret McFall-Ngai -- The "microflora hypothesis" of allergic disease / Andrew Shreiner, Gary B. Huffnagle and Mairi C. Noverr -- The damage : response framework of microbial pathogenesis and infectious diseases / Liise-anne Pirofski and Arturo Casadevall.
- Print Material
- GI/liver secrets plus. Fifth edition. [5th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeySwallowing disorders and dysphagia -- Gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Esophageal causes of chest pain -- Achalasia -- Esophageal cancer -- Esophageal anomalies, infections, and nonacid injuries -- Barrett's esophagus -- Esophageal and stomach pathology -- Gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, NSAIDs, and Helicobacter pylori infection -- Gastric cancer -- Thickened gastric folds -- Gastroparesis -- Evaluation of abnormal liver tests -- General concepts on viral hepatitis -- Antiviral therapy for hepatitis C -- Antiviral therapy for hepatitis B -- Autoimmune hepatitis : diagnosis -- Autoimmune hepatitis : treatment -- Primary biliary cirrhosis and primary sclerosing cholangitis -- Vaccinations and immunoprophylaxis in gastrointestinal and liver disorders -- Pregnancy and liver disease -- Rheumatologic manifestations of hepatobiliary diseases -- Evaluation of focal liver masses -- Drug-induced liver disease -- Alcoholic liver disease, alcoholism, and alcohol withdrawal syndrome -- Vascular liver disease -- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis -- Liver transplantation -- Ascites -- Liver abscess -- Inheritable forms of liver disease -- Liver histopathology -- Hepatobiliary cystic disease -- Gallbladder disease : stones, crystals, and sludge -- ERCP plus sphincter of Oddi dysfunction -- Acute pancreatitis -- Chronic pancreatitis -- Pancreatic cancer -- Cystic lesions of the pancreas -- Celiac disease -- Crohn's disease -- Ulcerative colitis -- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal disease and eosinophilic esophagitis -- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth -- Colon disorders and colon cancer -- Constipation and fecal incontinence -- Diverticulitis -- Diseases of the appendix -- Colitis : pseudomembranous, microscopic, and radiation -- Upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage -- Lower gastrointestinal tract bleeding -- Occult and obscure gastrointestinal bleeding -- Evaluation of acute abdominal pain -- Evaluation of acute infectious diarrhea -- Chronic diarrhea -- Aids and the gastrointestinal tract -- Ischemic bowel disease -- Nutrition, malnutrition, and probiotics -- Small bowel and colon pathology -- Foreign bodies and the gastrointestinal tract -- Functional gastrointestinal disorders and irritable bowel -- Endoscopic cancer screening and surveillance -- Rheumatologic manifestations of gastrointestinal diseases -- Dermatologic manifestations of gastrointestinal disease -- Endocrine aspects of gastrointestinal system -- Plain film, barium, and virtual radiography -- Interventional radiology I : cross-sectional imaging procedures -- Interventional radiology II : fluoroscopic and angiographic procedures -- Noninvasive GI imaging : ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging -- Nuclear imaging -- Endoscopic ultrasound -- Advanced therapeutic endoscopy -- Esophageal surgery -- Surgery for peptic ulcer disease -- Surgical approach to the acute abdomen -- Colorectal surgery : polyposis syndromes and inflammatory bowel disease -- Obesity and surgical weight loss -- Minimally invasive surgery -- Clinical vignettes.
- GISTs -- gastrointestinal stromal tumors 2011Springer
- Handbook of capsule endoscopy 2014SpringerThe history of wireless capsule endoscopy -- The current main types of capsule endoscopy -- Small bowel capsule endoscopy -- Esophageal capsule endoscopy -- Colon capsule endoscopy -- Non-imaging capsule endoscopy -- Capsule endoscopy in pediatrics -- Comparison of capsule endoscopy and device assisted enteroscopy -- Future development of capsule endoscopy -- Case presentations.
- Handbook of liver disease. 3rd ed. 2012ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKey
- Handbook of pediatric obesity Clinical management / 2006CRCnetBASE
- HCV infection and cryoglobulinemia 2012SpringerHepatitis C virus infection and the role of the immune system -- Cryoglobulinemia: immunochemical characterization, serological abnormalities and histopathological changes -- Structural and genetic features, cytokines and chemokines in cryoglobulinemia -- Cellular compartments of HCV infection (and replication) -- Mechanism(s) of cryoprecipitation -- Clinical manifestations of cryoglobulinemia -- HCV infection, cryoglobulinemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas -- Therapy of cryoglobulinemia.
- Helminth control in school-age children a guide for managers of control programmes.. 2nd ed. 2011WHO
- Hemorrhoids 2014SpringerThis book provides up-to-date knowledge on hemorrhoids for proctologists. It covers all aspects, including the history of hemorrhoids, the anatomy of the anal canal, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Both conservative treatment approaches and surgical methods are explained with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations and schematic drawings. Particular attention is paid to lift-up submucosal hemorrhoidectomy, developed by the author by modifying Parks' original method. Additionally, other important techniques proposed by world leaders in the field are described and illustrated. The international trend towards use of day-case hemorrhoidectomy is acknowledged by considering this approach in detail, with discussion of patient preparation, anesthesia, surgical technique, and postoperative management. The treatment of hemorrhoids in a variety of special circumstances is examined, including new trends in PPH. The closing chapter is devoted to the various forms of anesthesia for anal surgery.
- Hepatic caudate lobe resection 2010SpringerAnatomy -- Surgical instrument and dissection technique -- Surgical procedures -- Approaches to the caudate lobe -- Classification of caudate lobe resection -- Retrograde resection of caudate lobe -- Measures for safe resection of caudate lobe -- Laparoscopic resection of the caudate lobe.
- Hepatic encephalopathy 2012SpringerPart 1. Pathogenesis. -- Role of Ammonia in the Pathogenesis of Hepatic Encephalopathy / Jan Albrecht -- Neuroinflammation in the Pathogenesis of Hepatic Encephalopathy / Roger F. Butterworth -- Inflammation and Hepatic Encephalopathy / Shabnam S. Shabbir, Amit Singh Seyan and Debbie Lindsay Shawcross -- Oxidative Stress in Hepatic Encephalopathy / Arumugam R. Jayakumar and Michael D. Norenberg -- The Role of Natural Benzodiazepines Receptor Ligands in Hepatic Encephalopathy / E. Anthony Jones and Kevin D. Mullen -- Introduction, Nomenclature, and Classification of Hepatic Encephalopathy / Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash -- Part 2. Diagnosis. -- Diagnosis of Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy / Karin Weissenborn -- Diagnosis of Minimal Hepatic Encephalopathy / Jennifer Y. Montgomery and Jasmohan S. Bajaj -- The Electroencephalogram in Hepatic Encephalopathy / Piero Amodio -- Brain Imaging in Hepatic Encephalopathy / Rita García-Martínez and Juan Córdoba -- Part 3. Treatment. -- Disaccharides in the Treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy / Praveen Sharma and Shiv Kumar Sarin -- Antibiotic Treatment for Hepatic Encephalopathy / Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash -- Ornithine Phenylacetate: A Novel Strategy for the Treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy / Maria Jover-Cobos, Nathan A. Davies, Yalda Sharifi and Rajiv Jalan -- Part 4. Special Topics. -- Sleep Disorders and Hepatic Encephalopathy / Sara Montagnese -- Hepatic Encephalopathy and Driving / Matthew R. Kappus and Jasmohan S. Bajaj -- Nutrition and Hepatic Encephalopathy / Manuela Merli, Michela Giusto and Oliviero Riggio -- Hepatic Encephalopathy in Patients with Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS) / Martin Rössle and Wulf Euringer -- Quality of Life in Hepatic Encephalopathy / Jillian Kallman Price and Zobair M. Younossi -- Liver Transplantation and Hepatic Encephalopathy / Dileep K. Atluri and Kevin D. Mullen -- Future of Hepatic Encephalopathy / Kevin D. Mullen and Ravi K. Prakash.
- Hepatitis B and D protocolsSpringer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Detection, genotypes, and characterization -- v. 2. Immunology, model systems, and clinical studies.
- Hepatitis C virus and liver transplantation 2014SpringerHepatitis C Virus and Liver Transplantation is designed to provide a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of liver transplantation and hepatitis C virus infection. The sections of the book have been structured to review the overall scope of issues of recurrent hepatitis C in different complex settings, including retransplantation, HIV-coinfected patients or in the setting of suboptimal graft donors. This book provides up-to-date information on the application of new therapies to the field of liver transplantation. It provides the most recent data on their efficacy, the management of side effects, as well as the potential interactions and specific problems associated with their use in the transplant setting. Finally, an appraisal of the risks and benefits of using organs from anti-HCV positive donors is presented.
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery. 5th ed. 2014ClinicalKeyLiver function and failure / Stephen J. Wigmore, Benjamin M. Stutchfield and Stuart J. Forbes -- Hepatic, biliary and pancreatic anatomy / Steven M. Strasberg -- Staging and assessment of hepatobiliary malignancies / S.M.M. de Castro ... [et al.] -- Benign liver lesions / Rowan W. Parks, O. James Garden and Jean-Francois Gigot -- Primary malignant tumours of the liver / Chetana Lim and Olivier Farges -- Colorectal liver metastases / Declan F.J. Dunne ... [et al.] -- Non-colorectal hepatic metastases / Zaheer Kanji ... [et al.] -- Portal hypertension / Geoffrey H. Haydon ... [et al.] -- The spleen / Chee-chee H.Stucky and Richard T. Schlinkert -- Gallstones / Leslie K. Nathanson -- Benign biliary tract diseases / Benjamin N.J. Thomson and O. James Garden -- Malignant lesions of the biliary tract / Shishir K. Maithel and William R. Jarnagin -- Acute pancreatitis / Colin J. McKay, Euan J. Dickson and C. Ross Carter -- Chronic pancreatitis / Alexandra M. Koenig, Kai Bachmann and Jakob R. Izbicki -- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma / Michael E. Kelly and Kevin C. Conlon -- Cystic and neuroendocrine tumours of the pancreas / Saxon Connor -- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic trauma / Rowan W. Parks.
- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Environmental carcinogens and risk for human liver cancer -- Primary liver cancer: chemical carcinogenesis -- Molecular mechanisms of hepatocellular carcinoma: insights to therapy -- Genomic profiling of human hepatocellular carcinoma -- Pathologic aspects of hepatocellular tumors -- Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with hepatitis B virus -- Hepatitis C and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Metabolic disease and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Clinical features and a clinician's diagnostic approach to hepatocellular carcinoma -- Screening and biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Use of imaging techniques to screen for hepatocellular carcinoma -- MRI for detection and evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Ultrasound of hepatocellular carcinoma: the important contribution of contrast enhancement -- Percutaneous ethanol injection -- Radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Resection of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Living donor liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Medical therapy of HCC -- Percutaneous interventional technique for intra-arterial chemoembolization -- Molecular targeted therapies for HCC -- Radiation therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Psychosocial issues in hepatocellular carcinoma -- Putting it all together.
- Epidemiology and pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Biology of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Hepatocellular cancer: pathologic considerations -- Screening program in high-risk populations -- Staging of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Multidisciplinary care of the hepatocellular carcinoma patient -- Evidence-based guidelines for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in Japan -- Hepatocellular carcinoma arising in the non-viral, non-alcoholic liver -- Liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Ultrasound-guided liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Portal vein embolization prior to resection -- Laparoscopic liver resection for HCC: a European perspective -- Laparoscopic liver surgery for the management of hepatocellular carcinoma: the American perspective -- Liver transplant for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Vascular resection for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Radiofrequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Microwave ablation and hepatocellular carcinoma -- Transarterial chemoembolization -- Chemoembolization with drug-eluting beads -- Yttrium-90 radioembolotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy and endocrine therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Targeted therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma -- The future: combination systemic therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma -- Follow-up and salvage therapy for recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma.
- General hepatology: Cases 1-26 -- Advanced liver disease: Cases 27-65 -- Transplant hepatology: Cases 66-90.
- Hepatology, principles and practice history, morphology, biochemistry, diagnostics, clinic, therapy. 2nd ed. 2006Springer
- Hepatology, textbook and atlas history, morphology, biochemistry, diagnostics, clinic, therapy. 3rd ed. 2008Springer
- Hereditary colorectal cancer 2010SpringerColorectal cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in the US and the third most recently linked to cancer deaths. The national annual incidence rate of colorectal cancer is approximately 148,000+, striking slightly more females than males. The lifetime risk of colorectal cancer is 5-6percent, however patients with a familial risk (with two or more first or second degree relatives) make up 20percent of the patients. Persons who carry genetic mutations linked to hereditary colorectal cancer are the most likely to develop the disease.
- High-yield imaging. Gastrointestinal. 1st ed. 2010ClinicalKeySection 1. General radiologic principles -- section 2. Abdominal radiographs -- section 3. Pharynx -- section 4. Esophagus -- section 5. Stomach and duodenum -- section 6. Small bowel -- section 7. Colon -- section 8. General radiologic principles for imaging and intervention of the solid viscera -- section 9. Gallbaladder and biliary tract -- section 10. Liver -- section 11. Pancreas -- section 12. Spleen -- section 13. Peritoneal cavity -- section 14. Pediatric disease -- section 15. Common clinical problems.
- Hirschsprung's disease and allied disorders. 3rd ed. 2008Springer
- HIV and liver disease 2012SpringerHIV epidemic in the USA: current trends, 2010 -- Epidemiology of liver disease in human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons -- Current and future treatment guidelines for HIV -- Pathology of HIV-associated liver disease -- Noninvasive markers of liver injury and fibrosis -- Mechanisms of alcoholic steatosis/steatohepatitis -- Immunopathogenesis of liver injury -- Host gene polymorphisms and disease/treatment outcomes in HIV and viral coinfections -- Effects of HIV on liver cell populations -- HIV replication -- Hepatitis C: natural history -- Natural history of hepatitis B virus in HIV-infected patients -- Other hepatitis viruses and HIV infection -- Hepatitis B virus: replication, mutation, and evolution -- Hepatitis C virus treatment in HIV -- Treatment of hepatitis B in HIV-infected persons -- Prevention of hepatitis infection in HIV-infected persons -- Antiretroviral therapy and hepatotoxicity -- Management of end-stage liver disease and the role of liver transplantation in HIV-infected patients -- Assessment and treatment of alcohol- and substance-use disorders in patients with HIV infection -- Racial disparities in HIV and liver disease -- Quality of life in patients with HIV infection and liver disease.
- How gut and brain control metabolism 2014KargerHormonal control of metabolism by the hypothalamus-autonomic nervous system-liver axis / Kalsbeek, A.; Bruinstroop, E.; Yi, C.-X.; Klieverik, L.; Liu, J.; Fliers, E. -- The blood-brain barrier as a regulator of the gut-brain axis / Schaeffer, M.; Hodson, D.J.; Mollard, P. -- The brain modulates insulin sensitivity in multiple tissues / Parlevliet, E.T.; Coomans, C.P.; Rensen, P.C.N.; Romijn, J.A. -- The important role of sleep in metabolism / Copinschi, G.; Leproult, R. ; Spiegel, K. -- Metabolic interplay between gut bacteria and their host / Duca, F.; Giard, P.; Covasa, M.; Lepage, P. -- The brain-stomach connection / Folgueira, C.; Seoane, L.M.; Casanueva, F.F. -- Prader-Willi syndrome as a model of human hyperphagia / Tauber, M.; Diene, G.; Mimoun, E.; Aabal-Berthoumieu, S.; Mantoulan, C.; Molinas, C.; Muscatelli, F.; Salles, J.P. -- Interactions between the gut, the brain and brown adipose tissue function / van den Beukel, J.C.; Grefhorst, A. -- Gut sweet taste receptors and their role in metabolism / Meyer-Gerspach, A.C.; Wilnerhanssen, B.; Beglinger, C. -- What is the role of metabolic hormones in taste buds of the tongue / Cai, H.; Maudsley, S.; Martin, B. -- Protein PYY and its role in metabolism / Price, S.L.; Bloom, S.R. -- Nutropioids regulate the gut-brain circuit controlling food intake / Mithieux, G. -- Should we consider des-acyl ghrelin as a separate hormone and if so, what does it do? / Delhanty, P.J.D.; Neggers, S.J.; van der Lely, A.J. -- Obestatin : is it really doing something? / Trovato, L.; Gallo, D.; Settanni, F.; Gesmundo, I.; Ghigo, E.; Granata, R.
- Ileoscopy has proven to be very useful for the diagnosis of celiac, inflammatory, and infectious diseases of the small intestine. This endoscopic procedure is one of the most technically challenging steps of diagnostic colonoscopy but it also represents the best documented proof of a complete examination. This book covers all aspects of the endoscopic exploration of the terminal ileum, from the technique itself to the clinical diagnosis and management of the main pathologies that occur in this region of the digestive tract. A wide selection of magnified and non-magnified diagnostic images accompanies the text. Intended as an update on the imaging and management of ileal disease, the book provides an invaluable tool for improving the endoscopist's technique and for enhancing the clinician's knowledge of small-bowel diseases.
- Imaging of acute appendicitis in adults and children 2012Springer
- Imaging of alimentary tract perforation 2015SpringerThis book provides an overview on the critical role of diagnostic imaging in the assessment of patients with suspected alimentary tract perforation, an emergent condition that requires prompt surgery. With the aid of numerous high-quality images, it is described how different imaging modalities, including plain film X-ray, ultrasonography, and multidetector row computed tomography (MDCT), permit correct diagnosis of the presence and cause of the perforation and of associated pathologies. Particular attention is paid to MDCT, with full description of its role in a range of scenarios at various levels of the alimentary tract. Imaging of GI tract perforation in different patient groups, such as pediatric patients, the elderly, and oncologic patients, is also addressed. This volume will greatly assist residents in radiology, radiologists, and physicians who are daily involved in the management of patients with clinically suspected alimentary tract perforation.
- Imaging of foreign bodies 2014SpringerMost ingested foreign bodies pass through the gastrointestinal tract without a problem. However, both ingested and inserted foreign bodies may cause serious complications, such as bowel obstruction or perforation. Foreign body aspiration is common in children, especially those under 3 years of age, and in these cases chest radiography and CT are the main imaging modalities. This textbook provides a thorough overview of the critical role of diagnostic imaging in the assessment of patients with suspected foreign body ingestion, aspiration, or insertion. A wide range of scenarios are covered, from the common problem of foreign body ingestion or aspiration in children and mentally handicapped adults through to drug smuggling by body packing and gunshot wounds. Guidance is offered on diagnostic protocols, and the value of different imaging modalities in different situations is explained. Helpful management tips are also provided. This textbook will prove invaluable for residents in radiology, radiologists, and physicians who are involved on a daily basis, within an emergency department, in the management of patients with suspected ingestion, aspiration, or insertion of foreign bodies.
- Imaging of perianal inflammatory diseases 2013SpringerThis practical volume is intended for all radiologists, gastroenterologists, and surgeons who are responsible for, or interested in, the diagnosis and care of patients with diseases of the anal and perianal region. After an introductory section focusing on surgical, MRI, and US anatomy, up-to-date clinical and therapeutic information is provided on the full range of perianal inflammatory conditions, with special attention to Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and sexually transmitted diseases. Physical and surgical examination is carefully discussed, with consideration of limitations, results, clinical needs, and the questions likely to be posed of imaging. The subsequent three sections provide detailed information on the different imaging modalities: transanal and transperineal ultrasound, contrast-enhanced MRI, and CT. Techniques, diagnostic accuracy, common and unusual disease patterns, artifacts, and pitfalls are clearly presented.
- Imaging of small bowel, colon and rectum 2014SpringerThe new series A-Z Notes in Radiological Practice and Reporting provides practical guides for residents and general radiologists, organized alphabetically, primarily according to disease or condition. All booklets are designed so as to cover a large spectrum of topics referring to different anatomical regions of interest. Entries typically include a short description of pathological and clinical characteristics, guidance on selection of the most appropriate imaging technique, a schematic review of potential diagnostic clues, and useful tips and tricks. The present booklet, enriched by illustrations and schemes, is devoted to gastrointestinal imaging. Major topics in CT and MR imaging of the small bowel, colon, rectum, and anus are treated concisely in alphabetical order. For each topic a brief review of clinical features and pathology is presented, followed by a short description of imaging technique and an accurate review of imaging findings and signs which are useful in the differential diagnosis of gastrointestinal disease.
- Part 1. Acute Pancreatitis -- Pathophysiology of Acute Pancreatitis / Peter Shamamian, Peter Kingman, John Mallen-St. Clair and Dafna Bar-Sagi -- Clinical Aspects of Acute Pancreatitis: Features, Prognosis and Use of Imaging Findings in Therapeutic Decision Making / Richard S. Kwon, Koenraad J. Mortele and Peter A. Banks -- The Role of Ultrasound in Acute Pancreatitis / Costanza Bruno, Salvatore Minniti and Giacomo Schenal -- The Role of Computed Tomography / Emil J. Balthazar -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Acute Pancreatitis / Elizabeth Hecht -- Part 2. Pancreatic Trauma -- Pancreatic Trauma / Alec J. Megibow -- Part 3. Chronic Pancreatitis -- Pathophysiology of Chronic Pancreatitis / Giorgio Cavallini and Luca Frulloni -- Clinical Aspects of Chronic Pancreatitis: Features and Prognosis / Luca Frulloni and Giorgio Cavallini -- The Role of Ultrasound / Mirko D'Onofrio -- The Role of Computed Tomography / Rossella Graziani, Daniela Cenzi, Francesca Franzoso, Daniela Coser and Marinella Neri -- The Role of MR Imaging in Chronic Pancreatitis / Lorenzo Cereser, Maria Antonietta Bali, Myriam Delhaye and Celso Matos -- The Role of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) / Myriam Delhaye -- Part 4. Complications of Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis -- Pathology of Chronic Pancreatitis / Giuseppe Zamboni, Paola Capelli and Günter Klöppel -- Clinical Aspect of Complications: Features and Prognoses / Claudio Bassi, Giovanni Butturini, Nora Sartori, Massimo Falconi and Paolo Pederzoli -- Imaging of Pancreatic Pseudocyst / Giovanni Carbognin, Carlo Biasiutti, Chiara Calciolari, Giovanni Foti and Roberto Pozzi Mucelli -- Imaging of Biliary and Vascular Complications / Giancarlo Mansueto, Daniela Cenzi, Giulia Armatura, Riccardo Sante Murano and Alessia Tognolini -- Imaging of Local Extension and Fistulas / Giovanni Carbognin, Chiara Calciolari and Giovanni Foti -- Chronic Pancreatitis vs Pancreatic Tumors / Alessandro Guarise, Niccolò Faccioli, Giovanni Morana and Alec J. Megibow -- The Role of Endoscopy in Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis / David L. Diehl -- Surgical and Interventional Perspective in Chronic Pancreatitis / Massimo Falconi, Letizia Boninsegna, Nora Sartori, Claudio Bassi and Paolo Pederzoli.
- Imaging of ulcerative colitis 2014SpringerDuring the past decade, the medical and surgical treatment of ulcerative colitis has undergone dramatic advances, including the widespread use of immunomodulators, biological drugs, and restorative proctocolectomy. In order to correctly balance the risks and benefits of medical therapies and surgical procedures, there is a need for improved diagnosis of colonic disease, acute complications, extraintestinal manifestations, and early and delayed postoperative complications. Cross-sectional imaging techniques are therefore playing an increasing role in the assessment of ulcerative colitis and provide an essential complement to clinical data and endoscopy. This practical, illustrated volume on the role of cross-sectional imaging is aimed at radiologists, gastroenterologists, and surgeons who are engaged or interested in the diagnosis and care of patients with inflammatory bowel disease, particularly ulcerative colitis. After an overview of diagnostic imaging techniques, state-of-the-art assessment of colorectal inflammatory disease with CT colonography using water enema and bowel MRI is discussed, followed by description of the plain radiographic and CT findings in patients with acute exacerbations and surgical complications. Subsequent chapters review the diagnostic findings and role of cross-sectional imaging in the assessment of sclerosing cholangitis (with emphasis on MR cholangiopancreatography), vascular complications (particularly portal and mesenteric thrombosis), colitis-associated colorectal cancer and perianal inflammatory disease. Normal postoperative appearances and early and delayed complications in patients treated with proctocolectomy and ileal pouch-anal anastomosis are also comprehensively reviewed.
- Immune mechanisms in inflammatory bowel disease 2006SpringerStructure and function of the gut mucosal immune system / Reinhard Pabst and Hermann J. Rothkutter -- Functional aspects of the mucosal immune system / Cathryn Nagler-Anderson -- Recent progress in inflammatory bowel disease genetics / Judy H. Cho -- Microbial and dietary factors in the pathogenesis of chronic, immune-mediated intestinal inflammation / R. Balfour Sartor -- Experimental models of mucosal inflammation / Warren Strober and Ivan J. Fuss -- Overview of role of the immune system in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease / Thomas T. MacDonald and Giovanni Monteleone -- The role of the epithelial barrier in inflammatory bowel disease / Edward E.S. Nieuwenhuis and Richard S. Blumberg -- Involvement of dendritic cells in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease / Francisco Leon ... [et al.] -- Alterations of T lymphocytes in inflammatory bowel diseases / Charles O. Elson, Yingzi Cong and Casey T. Weaver -- The B-cell system in inflammatory bowel disease / Per Brandtzaeg, Hege S. Carlsen and Trond S. Halstensen -- Alterations of mesenchymal and endothelial cells in inflammatory bowel diseases / Claudio Fiocchi ... [et al.] -- Role of mast cells and eosinophils in neuroimmune interactions regulating mucosal inflammation in inflammatory bowel disease / Stephan C. Bischoff and Thomas Gebhardt -- Multiparameter analysis of immunogenetic mechanisms in clinical diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel disease / Jonathan Braun and Stephan R. Targan -- The role of probiotics and antibiotics in regulating mucosal inflammation / Rainer Duchmann -- From immunogenic mechanisms to novel therapeutic approaches in inflammatory bowel disease / Martin H. Holtmann and Markus F. Neurath.
View by page
- Abdominal imaging — Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2014-2017 diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques : 46th International Diagnostic Course in Davos (IDKD), Davos, March 30-April 4, 2014 (104)
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis diagnostic imaging and interventional techniques — Immunization safety review hepatitis B vaccine and demyelinating neurological disorders (104)
- Incisional hernia — Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Second edition. [2nd ed.] (104)
- Pediatric neurogastroenterology gastrointestinal motility and functional disorders in children — Zoom gastroscopy magnifying endoscopy in the stomach (102)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.