Books by Subject
View by page
- Abdominal imaging — Diversity of gastric carcinoma pathogenesis, diagnosis, and therapy (100)
- DNA alterations in lynch syndrome advances in molecular diagnosis and genetic counselling — Inflammatory bowel disease from bench to bedside. 2nd ed. (100)
- Inflammatory bowel disease-- diagnosis and therapeutics. 2nd ed. — Posterior intrahepatic approach in liver surgery (100)
- Posterior pelvic floor abnormalities — Zoom gastroscopy magnifying endoscopy in the stomach (90)
- Abdominal imaging 2013, SpringerIn this book a team of leading experts come together to provide a comprehensive overview of modern imaging of the abdomen and pelvis, with detailed sections on both gastrointestinal and genitourinary imaging. Each chapter has an identical structure and focuses on a particular organ or organ system, allowing the reader to approach the field one topic at a time. Indications for a variety of imaging techniques and examination protocols are clearly described, and the imaging features of normal anatomy and pathologic entities are depicted in an abundance of high-quality images. Care is taken to consider all recent technical developments and new indications, and the diagnostic performance of different imaging modalities is carefully compared. It is anticipated that this book will come to be regarded as the standard work of reference on abdominal and pelvic radiology.
- Abdominal imaging. 1st ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyPlain Radiography of the Abdomen -- Fluoroscopic Study of the Abdomen and Fluoroscopic Contrast Media -- Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation : A Condensed View -- Abdominal Ultrasound Imaging -- Harmonic Imaging -- Doppler Ultrasound Imaging -- Four-Dimensional Ultrasound Imaging -- Contrast Media and Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Evaluation -- Principles of CT Physics -- Instrumentation and Radiation Safety -- Recent Advances -- CT Contrast Media and Principles of Contrast Enhancement -- CT Contrast Media and Principles of Contrast Enhancement -- Principles of MRI Physics -- MRI Instrumentation and Safety -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MRI Artifacts -- Contrast Media and Contrast-Enhanced MRI -- MR Angiography -- Advanced MRI Applications -- PET/CT Technique and Instrumentation -- Pearls and Pitfalls in PET and PET/CT Interpretation -- PET and PET/CT Clinical Applications -- Principles of 3D Postprocessing -- Advanced Applications in Postprocessing -- Ureteral and Kidney Stones -- Acute Appendicitis -- Hollow Viscus Perforation -- Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding -- Conventional Imaging of the Stomach and Duodenum -- CT of the Stomach and Duodenum -- Anatomic Variants of the Stomach and Duodenum -- Benign Mucosal Diseases of the Stomach -- Malignant Mucosal Diseases of the Stomach -- Gastric Stromal Tumors -- Gastric Outlet Obstruction -- Abnormal Positions of the Stomach -- Gastric Function Imaging Techniques -- Clinical Applications of Gastric Function Imaging -- Conventional Imaging of the Small Bowel -- CT of the Small Bowel -- Ultrasound Imaging of the Small Bowel -- MRI of the Small Bowel -- Nuclear Medicine Techniques for the Small Bowel -- Small Bowel Obstruction -- Acute Small Bowel Ischemia -- Chronic Small Bowel Ischemia -- Benign Neoplasms and Wall Thickening of the Small Bowel -- Malignant Neoplasms and Wall Thickening of the Small Bowel -- Small Bowel Anomalies and Variants -- Conventional Imaging of the Colon and Rectum -- CT of the Colon and Rectum -- CT Colonography -- Normal Anatomy and Variants of the Colon -- Inflammatory and Infectious Colonic Lesions -- Colonic Vascular Lesions -- Colon Cancer and Screening Strategies -- Imaging of the Postoperative Bowel -- Ultrasonography of the Liver -- CT of the Liver -- MRI of the Liver : From Sequences to Protocol -- Nuclear Imaging of the Liver -- Benign Focal Lesions -- Malignant Focal Lesions -- Fatty Liver Disease -- Cirrhosis -- Hepataic Iron Overload -- Hepatic Storage Disorders -- Hepatitis -- Hepatic Veno-occlusive Diseases -- Cholestatic Hepatic Disorders -- Hepatic Variants -- Imaging of the Pancreas -- Pancreas Normal Variants -- Solid Pancreatic Masses -- Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas -- Imaging of Acute Pancreatitis -- Imaging of Chronic Pancreatitis -- Miscellaneous Pancreatitis -- Miscellaneous Pancreatitis -- Imaging Techniques for the Gallbladder and Bile Ducts -- Gallbladder and Bile Ducts Variants and Anomalies -- Dilated Bile Ducts -- Tumors of the Gallbladder -- Intrahepatic Bile Duct Tumors -- Extrahepatic Bile Duct Tumors -- Diffuse Gallbladder Wall Thickening -- Gallbladder and Bile Duct Functional Imaging -- Focal Splenic Lesions -- Diffuse Splenic Lesions -- Lymph Node Imaging Techniques -- Clinical Role of Lymph Node Imaging -- Conventional Imaging of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract -- CT of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract -- MRI of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract -- Nuclear Imaging of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract -- Benign Focal Renal Lesions -- Malignant Focal Renal Lesions -- Cystic Renal Lesions -- Diffuse Renal Parenchymal Diseases -- Renal Parenchymal Infections -- Renal Vascular Diseases -- Miscellaneous Diffuse Renal Diseases -- Urinary Tract Obstruction -- Benign Ureteral Strictures -- Malignant Ureteral Strictures -- Benign Bladder Lesions -- Malignant Bladder Lesions -- Urinary Tract Anomalies and Variants -- Imaging of Adrenal Glands -- Enlarged Adrenal Glands -- Adrenal Masses -- Imaging of the Prostate and Seminal Vesicles -- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy -- Benign Focal Prostate Lesions -- Malignant Focal Prostate Lesions -- Seminal Vesicle Lesions -- Imaging of the Penis -- Erectile Dysfunction -- Penile Trauma and Miscellaneous Penile Lesions -- Imaging of the Scrotum -- Benign Testicular Lesions -- Malignant Testicular Lesions -- Imaging of the Urethra -- Imaging of Disorders of the Female Urethra -- Imaging of Disorders of the Male Urethra -- Anatomy of Peritoneum and Retroperitoneum -- Peritoneal Fluid Collections -- Peritonitis and Peritoneal Abscess -- Neoplastic Conditions of the Mesentery and Omentum -- Neoplastic Conditions of the Mesentery and Omentum -- Normal Anatomy of the Abdominal Wall -- Non-neoplastic Conditions of the Abdominal Wall -- Neoplastic Conditions of the Abdominal Wall -- Abdominal Wall Hernias.
- Provides transplant professionals with a step-wise approach to abdominal organ retrieval and bench surgery, illustrating complex anatomical situations and providing practice points and decision algorithms. A go-to reference for transplant surgeons, trainees and fellows, as well as for other professionals involved in abdominal organ transplantation.
- Abdominal ultrasound for surgeons 2014, SpringerAbdominal Ultrasound for Surgeons provides a comprehensive guide to the use of ultrasonography in surgical practice of abdominal diseases. The content is divided into three major sections focusing on basic principles of ultrasound, ultrasound anatomy and pathology of the abdomen, and employment of ultrasound of the abdomen in surgical practice. A final section is dedicated to the logistics of incorporating ultrasound into a surgical practice. The first section provides an introduction to the principles of ultrasonography focusing on ultrasound physics, equipment, and instrumentation. A detailed approach to the various scanning methods and image interpretation is demonstrated with illustrations, images, and video. The second section focuses on ultrasound anatomy of the abdomen. Each chapter demonstrates the normal and abnormal ultrasound anatomy of specific abdominal organ or organ systems (abdominal wall, liver, pancreas, biliary, stomach, anorectum, retroperitoneum, vascular) with illustrations and images. The current status and technique of endoscopic ultrasound of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tracks is addressed in this section. The third section provides a state-of-the-art review of the status of each major application of abdominal ultrasound in surgery. Topics range from trauma ultrasound and laparoscopic staging to techniques in ultrasound guidance and three-dimensional targeting. This section provides a comprehensive review of the employment of interventional, intraoperative, laparoscopic, transabdominal and endoscopic ultrasound. The fourth and last section addresses the practice aspects of incorporation of ultrasound into a surgical practice. Abdominal Ultrasound for Surgeons will serve as a very useful resource and guide for surgeons and students with little to some experience in ultrasound, including practicing surgeons, surgical fellows, and surgical residents.
- Acute abdomen during pregnancy 2014, SpringerPart I. Surgery -- 1. Acute Appendicitis -- 2. Acute Biliary Tract Diseases -- 3. Acute Pancreatitis -- 4. Nontraumatic Gastroduodenal Perforations -- 5. Symptomatic Abdominal Wall Hernias -- 6. Symptomatic Diaphragmatic Hernia -- 7. Intestinal Obstruction -- 8. Acute Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- 9. Spleen -- 10. Abdominal Trauma -- 11. Miscellaneous Conditions -- Part II. Gynecology -- 12. Adnexal Torsion -- 13. (Isolated) Torsion of the Fallopian Tube -- 14. Ruptured/Bleeding Ovarian Cysts/Tumors -- 15. Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy -- 16. Spontaneous Uterine Rupture -- 17. Torsion of the Gravid Uterus -- 18. Degenerating Uterine Myomas -- 19. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction / 2010, Springer
- The field of adipose tissue biology has been expanding at a very rapid pace in the last few years. Numerous advances have been made since publication of the first edition of this book, in terms of basic adipocyte biology, understanding of the determinants of obesity, distribution of body fat and weight loss, as well as the mechanisms linking excess adiposity to various co-morbidities. Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease, Second Edition contains updated chapters from the previous volume but as the field has evolved, some areas covered in the first edition have been refocused to address the new knowledge. The volume is divided in four sections: the first two deal with basic adipose tissue and adipokine biology, while the last two address the problem of obesity and alterations in adipose tissue function from an epidemiological and clinical standpoint. The chapters are written by experts in their fields and include the most up to date scientific information. Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease, Second Edition is a useful resource for physicians interested in adipose tissue biology and basic scientists who want to know more about applied aspects of the field. The book targets endocrinologists, residents and fellows, internists, nutritionists and general practitioners who are exposed to an ever-expanding obese population.
- Endoscopic Instruments -- Difficult Polpys: Conventional methods -- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) -- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) -- Combined Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery (CELS) -- Colonic Stenting -- Endoscopic Treatment of Perforations of Fistulas.
- This book bridges gap between the practicing community of surgeons and the surgical innovators, and it provides a foundation for all classic and new techniques in minimally invasive colorectal surgery. It provides tips and tricks that allow the user to move up the learning curve, manage difficult scenarios, overcome challenges, increase the utilization of minimal invasive techniques and decrease the conversion to open surgery. By enhancing the surgical tool box, the surgeon will be able to progress from the novice to the master. Rather than describing operative procedures, which may be very biased by an individual author, the guide provides alternative building blocks of various difficulty for different procedures, thereby allowing the surgeon to tailored surgery to patient and surgeon's own comfort level and experience. Advanced Techniques in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Colorectal Surgery is an inspirational guide for the innovator of the future. This text allows surgeons of all levels to better adapt to inevitable changes in future techniques. Advanced Techniques in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Colorectal Surgery is of great value to general surgeons, colon and rectal surgeons, minimally invasive surgeons as well as residents and fellows.
- Advances in laparoscopy of the abdominal wall hernia 2014, SpringerWith an increase in the use of laparoscopic techniques for the treatment of abdominal wall hernias, this comprehensive book provides a detailed description of the most up-to-date techniques used in the laparoscopic repair of inguinal and ventral incisional hernias. Advances in Laparoscopy of the Abdominal Wall Hernia takes the reader step-by-step through two laparoscopic techniques used in inguinal hernia correction: Extraperitoneal (TEP) and Transabdominal (TAPP), and guides the reader through the fundamentals of ventral hernia repair. The authors aim to show methods of dealing with rarer hernias and those of atypical location. This book will also inform the reader of the various kinds of meshes used and provides knowledge on how to fix them, as well as the advantages, disadvantages and indications of this type of prosthesis. Written by experts in the field, Advances in Laparoscopy of the Abdominal Wall Hernia is a valuable reference tool to surgeons and medical practitioners working in this field.
- Advances in pancreatic cancer treatment 2011, Future MedAdvances in pancreatic cancer treatment / Helmut Friess & Norbert Hüser -- Pathophysiology of pancreatic cancer / J. Matthias Löhr, Stephan L. Haas & Rainer Heuchel -- Molecular diagnostics in pancreatic cancer / David K. Chang, Sean M. Grimmond & Andrew V. Biankin -- Surgical therapy for pancreatic cancer / Norbert Hüser, Volker Assfalg & Helmut Friess -- Multimodal treatment concepts in pancreatic cancer / Daniel Reim, Alexander Novotny & Helmut Friess -- Consensus guidelines in pancreatic cancer treatment / Wasif Saif -- Drugs in clinical trials & future directions / Zhiqiang Huang & Donald J. Buchsbaum.
- Advances in peritoneal surface oncology 2007, SpringerManagement of Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: A Short History / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- The Natural History of Free Cancer Cells in the Peritoneal Cavity / Yutaka Yonemura, Taiichi Kawamura, Etsurou Bandou, Gorou Tsukiyama and Yoshio Endou, et al. -- Pathological Evaluation and Implications of Serosal Involvement in Gastrointestinal Cancer / Linmarie Ludeman and Neil A. Shepherd -- Principles of Perioperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Peritoneal Carcinomatosis / Eelco de Bree and Dimitris D. Tsiftsis -- Experimental and Pharmacokinetic Studies in Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: From Laboratory Bench to Bedside / Eelco de Bree and Dimitris D. Tsiftsis -- Technology for the Delivery of Hyperthermic Intraoperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Survey of Techniques / Amod A. Sarnaik, Jeffrey J. Sussman, Syed A. Ahmad, Benjamin C. McIntyre and Andrew M. Lowy -- Adjuvant Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Review / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- Clinical Research Methodology in Peritoneal Surface Oncology: A Difficult Challenge / François-Noël Gilly, Olivier Glehen, Annie C. Beaujard and Eddy Cotte -- Lessons Learnt from Clinical Trials in Peritoneal Surface Oncology: Colorectal Carcinomatosis / Frans A. N. Zoetmulder and Vic J. Verwaa -- Experimental Models and Questions in Basic Science Research for Pseudomyxoma Peritonei / Laura A. Lambert, Donald H. Lambert and Paul Mansfield -- Peritoneal Carcinomatosis of Colorectal Origin: Recent Advances and Future Evolution Toward a Curative Treatment / Dominique Elias and Diane Goere -- Pathologic Characterization and Differential Diagnosis of Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma / Nelson G. Ordóñez -- Advances in Clinical Research and Management of Diffuse Peritoneal Mesothelioma / Marcello Deraco, Dario Baratti, Nadia Zaffaroni, Antonello Domenico Cabras and Shigeki Kusamura -- Advances in the Management of Gastric Cancer with Peritoneal Dissemination / Yutaka Yonemura, Taiichi Kawamura, Etsurou Bandou, Gorou Tsukiyama and Masayuki Nemoto, et al. -- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy in the Management of Ovarian Cancer / Maurie Markman.
- Anal and rectal diseases a concise manual 2012, SpringerAnal and Rectal Diseases: A Concise Manual provides a succinct reference on the subject for clinicians, including primary care physicians, gastroenterologists, general surgeons, physician's assistants and nurse practitioners. Presented in a consistent structural style that provides both a general summary of individual topics within the field along with additional details to assist those with some background knowledge in the subject area, this handy volume provides information related to the field of anorectal disease in a format that is easily accessible for rapid acquisition of knowledge. Each topic is outlined in a multidisciplinary fashion with the medical, surgical, and pathological aspects clearly detailed in each section. Each section clearly describes the condition with up-to-date management guidelines and precious clinical pearls. The volume features high quality illustrations in the form of elegant hand drawn figures, tables, photographs of physical findings, endoscopic finds and radiographs. The clinical photographs and x-rays will be of great value to gastroenterologists whose specialty is not coloproctology. Chapters on computerized tomographic colography (virtual colonoscopy) and others cover the newer technologies employed for diagnostic purposes in these diseases. Anal and Rectal Diseases: A Concise Manual provides clinicians with a tool for rapid consultation for direct patient care and management.
- Anal fistula principles and management 2014, Springer1. Epidemiology, Incidence and Prevalence of Fistula in Ano / Richard L. Nelson and Herand Abcarian -- 2. Applied Anatomy / Russell K. Pearl -- 3. Relationship of Abscess to Fistula / Hernand Abcarian -- 4. Classification and Treatment of Anorectal Infections / Adrian E. Ortega and Kyle G. Cologne -- 5. Clinical Assessment of Anal Fistulas / Herand Abcarian -- 6. Clinical Assessment and Imaging Modalities of Fistula in Ano / Kyle G. Cologne, Juan Antonio Villanueva-Herrero, Enrique Montaño-Torres, and Adrian E. Ortega -- 7. Classification and Management Strategies / Herand Abcarian -- 8. Seton (Loose, Cutting, Chemical) / Varnsi R. Velchuru -- 9. Fistulotomy and Lay Open Technique / Philip Tozer and Robin K.S. Phillips -- 10. Fistulectomy with Primary Sphincter Reconstruction / Alexander Herold -- 11. Fibrin Sealant / Jose R. Cintron -- 12. Biologic Fistula Plugs / Samuel Eisenstein and Alex Jenny Ky -- 13. Synthetic Fistula Plug / Alex Jenny Ky, Michael Polcino, and Alero T. Nanna -- 14. Endorectal Advancement Flap / Christine C. Jensen -- 15. Dermal Advancement Flap / Christine C. Jensen -- 16. Ligation of Intersphincteric Fistula Tract (LIFT) / Ariane M. Abcarian -- 17. Video-Assisted Anal Fistula Teatment (VAAFT) / Piercarlo Meinero and Lorenzo Mori -- 18. Stem Cell Application in Fistula Disease / Damian Garcia-Olmo and Hector Guadalajara-Labajo -- 19. Crohn's Disease / James Fleshman and Rachel Tay -- 20. Tuberculosis Fistula / Pravin Jaiprakash Gupta -- 21. Fistula Surgery in the Era of Evidence-Based Medicine / Richard L. Nelson and Hernand Abcarian -- 22. Causes of Operative Failure / Mohammad Ali Abbass and Maher Aref Abbas 23. Recurrence/Persistence After Fistula Teatmcnt: What Next? / Hernand Abcarian.
- Antireflux surgery 2015, SpringerThis volume provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of antireflux surgery. It provides exceptional instructional detail regarding performance of antireflux surgery from leading esophageal surgeons around the world. This volume represents the only resource of its kind dedicated specifically to the issues unique to antireflux surgery. It is rich in detail and helpful illustrations that instruct surgeons in proper technique as well as presenting the reasoning behind various techniques. Written by experts in the field, Antireflux Surgery is of great value to practicing surgeons who perform gastrointestinal surgery, medical students, surgical residents, and fellows.
- Anus surgical treatment and pathology 2014, SpringerAnus: Treatment and Pathology is the perfect guide for the diagnosis and management of patients with anal canal and pelvic floor disorders. Using annotated diagrams matched to cross-sectional radiology with ultrasound and MRI, this book will not only give the reader a thorough understanding of normal anal canal and pelvic floor anatomy, but will also take the reader through the common benign and malignant conditions which affect the anal canal and pelvis describing in detail their pathophysiology, investigation and management. Anus: Treatment and Pathology is aimed at practicing general surgeons, colorectal surgeons and surgical trainees, which can be used either as a practical reference guide for day to day colorectal surgical practice or for in depth text based learning.
- Differential diagnosis of ascites / Appenrodt, B. -- Current treatment strategies : diuretics / Bernardi, M. -- Paracentesis / Sanyal, A.J., Bajaj, J.S., Shaw, J. -- Large volume paracentesis : which plasma expander? / Terg, R.A -- Albumin : not just a plasma expander / Davies, N.A. ... [et al.] -- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for ascites : which patients will benefit? / Salerno, F., Cazzaniga, M. -- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis prophylaxis and treatment / Wiest, R., Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Clinical implications of hyponatremia in cirrhosis / Heuman, D.M. -- Vaptans for ascites : chances and risks / Wong, F. -- Cardiorenal syndrome : a new entity? / Moller, S., Krag, A. -- Renal failure in cirrhosis / Gustot, T., Moreau, R. -- Novel definition of hepatorenal syndrome : clinical consequences / Fernandez, J., Arroyo, V. -- Role of infections in hepatorenal syndrome / Wiest, R. -- Tips for HRS / Sauerbruch, T., Appenrodt, B. -- Vasoconstrictor therapy for hepatorenal syndrome / Yeo, C.-M.; Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : the US experience / Musana, A.K., Sanyal, A.J. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : predictors of response / Cárdenas, A., Gines, P. -- Safety of terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome / Krag, A., Moller, S. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : novel strategies and future perspectives / Angeli, P. --Hepatorenal syndrome and liver transplantation / Gonwa, T.A.
- The ASCRS Manual of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition is designed to provide a rapid access pocket reference for residents, fellows, private clinicians, and allied health professionals caring for patients with colorectal surgical diseases. The Manual, abstracted from the ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition, is intended to impart succinct, clinically relevant information for daily patient care. The chapters take an evidence-based approach and many provide ASCRS practice parameters. The contents are presented consistently, with concise overviews of the most clinically relevant topics. The disease chapters discuss etiology, anatomic considerations, patient evaluation, lab results, imaging, diagnosis and treatment. The surgical chapters address these same issues, in addition to discussion of minimally invasive versus open techniques, possible complications, and perioperative care. The Manual also includes anatomical and technique drawings, operative photos and algorithms. Concise yet comprehensive, The ASCRS Manual of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition is very useful for physicians and researchers dealing with diseases of the colon and rectum.
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery 2007, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerThis is the first official textbook of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS) (www.fascrs.org) that adheres to the principals of evidence-based practice and utilizes ASCRS practice parameters. Written by top experts in the specialty, each chapter correlates with the core curriculum developed by the Program Director's Association in Colorectal Surgery. Chapters include Anatomy, Physiology, Genetics, Diagnostic Evaluation, and Perioperative Management.
- Developed by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery provides a comprehensive guide of information dealing with the ever evolving field of bariatric surgery. Volume 1: Bariatric Surgery covers the basic considerations for bariatric surgery, the currently accepted procedures, outcomes of bariatric surgery including longterm weight loss, improvement and resolution of comorbidities, and improvement in quality of life. A section focuses on revisional bariatric surgery and new innovative endoscopic bariatric procedures. Special emphasis is also given to the topics of metabolic surgery and surgery for patients with lower BMI (30-35). The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery, Volume 1: Bariatric Surgery is of great value to surgeons, residents and fellows, bariatric physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, and integrated health members that manage the morbidly obese.
- Developed by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery provides a comprehensive guide of information dealing with the ever evolving field of bariatric surgery. Volume II: Integrated Health is divided into 3 sections: bariatric medicine, psychosocial, and nutritional aspects of bariatric surgery. The first section deals with the psychosocial issues associated with severe obesity. The second section deals with the role of obesity medicine physicians in preoperative and postoperative support of the bariatric patients. The nutritional section discusses the preoperative and postoperative nutritional support for the bariatric patient. The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery, Volume II: Integrated Health is of great value to surgeons, residents and fellows, obesity medicine physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, and integrated health members that manage patient affected by the disease of obesity.
- Atlas of clinical gastrointestinal endoscopy. 3rd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyOropharnyx and hypopharynx -- Esophagus -- Stomach -- Duodenum and small bowel -- Colon -- Anorectum -- Hepatobiliary tract and pancreas.
- Atlas of Dermatological Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disease provides a comprehensive compendium of digestive tract diseases with dermatological manifestations. The work is arranged by digestive symptoms, with sections based on the specific digestive disease etiology. Each section contains paired chapters of text, one on gastrointestinal manifestations and the other on dermatological manifestations. The atlas includes clinical presentations, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic tests/procedures, pathology, and references presented with substantial numbers of images.
- Atlas of digestive endoscopic resection 2014, SpringerDiagnostic Techniques in Gastrointestinal Disease -- Device and Equipment for Endoscopic Therapy -- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) -- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) -- Endoscopic Resection for Submucosal Tumors -- Tunnel Endoscopic Surgery.
- Atlas of endomicroscopy 2008, Springer1. Development of endoscopic devices: past, present and future / Norman E. Marcon, Brian C. Wilson, and Ralph S. DaCosta -- 2. Surface analysis with magnifying chromoendoscopy in the colon / David P. Hurlstone -- 3. Development and current technological status of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Peter Delaney, Steven Thomas, and Wendy McLaren -- 4. Examination technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz, Kerry Dunbar, and Marcia I. Canto -- 5. The technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy from the perspective of a new user / Marcia I. Canto 6. -- Microarchitecture of the normal gut seen with conventional histology and endomicroscopy / Michael Vieth ... [et al.] -- 7. Endomicroscopy of GI disorders -- 8. Live tissue imaging with conventional confocal microscopy / Marshall H. Montrose and Alastair J.M. Watson -- 9. Functional and molecular imaging with confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz ... [et al.] -- 10. Future trends in confocal laser endomicroscopy: improved imaging quality and immunoendoscopy / Raja Atreya and Markus F. Neurath.
- Atlas of esophagus and stomach pathology 2014, SpringerAtlas of Esophagus and Stomach Pathology provides an image-based resource for those studying normal histology of the upper gastrointestinal tract, as well as the microscopic manifestations of developmental abnormalities, toxic insults, infectious diseases, inflammatory and autoimmune conditions, and neoplasia in the esophagus and stomach. Because modern gastrointestinal pathology practice centers on specimens obtained during endoscopic examination, the atlas focuses on biopsy pathology, providing real-world microscopic images and ancillary diagnostic studies for most commonly-encountered abnormalities and diseases affecting these two organs. The book is supplemented with endoscopic and special study images. Authored by nationally and internationally recognized pathologists, Atlas of Esophagus and Stomach Pathology is a valuable tool for both pathologists-in-training seeking to make new acquaintances, and practicing surgical pathologists in need of a quick visual reference in recalling old friends in the world of diagnostic gastrointestinal pathology.
- Atlas of gastrointestinal imaging radiologic-endoscopic correlation 2007, ClinicalKeyThe esophagus / Perry J. Pickhardt -- The stomach / David H. Kim, Perry J. Pickhardt -- The duodenum / Andrew D. Lee, Perry J. Pickhardt -- The mesenteric small bowel / David H. Kim, Perry J. Pickhardt -- The colon and rectum / Perry J. Pickhardt -- The biliary system / Peter J. Chase, Perry J. Pickhardt -- The pancreas / Andrew D. Lee, Perry J. Pickhardt -- The liver / David H. Kim, Perry J. Pickhardt.
- Atlas of ileoscopy a collection of clinical cases 2013, SpringerThis atlas presents high-quality images of clinical cases of small bowel diseases, with a focus on the importance of terminal ileoscopy as the first step in detecting this group of rare pathologies. Among the conditions covered are celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, neoplasms, infections, and pediatric disease. The multidisciplinary approach to the presentation of clinical cases, with contributions from histology, radiology, capsule endoscopy, enteroscopy, and surgery, ensures that the atlas will provide an accurate learning course for beginners and also an effective update for specialists.
- Part 1. Distribution and arrangement of ICC in the GI tract -- Stomach -- Small Intestine -- Duodenum -- Colon -- Caecum -- Ileocaecal Junction -- ICC Found in the Submucosal Layer -- Introduction -- Part 2. Ultrastructural demonstration of ICC and the allied cells -- Ultrastructural Demonstration of ICC -- Signal Pathways Between Nerves and Muscles Not Mediated by ICC -- Issues for Future Studies.
- Atlas of intestinal stomas 2012, SpringerIntestinal Stomas: Historical Overview -- Gastrointestinal Anatomy -- Structure and Function of the Large Bowel -- Physiologic and Metabolic Effects of Intestinal Stomas -- Quality of Life of the Ostomate -- Wound, Ostomy, and Continence/Enterostomal Therapy (WOC/ET) Nursing -- Ileostomy -- Medical Management of the High-Output Enterostomy and Enterocutaneous Fistula -- Intestinal Stomas and the Biliary Tree -- Continent Ileostomy -- Colostomy: Types, Indications, Formation, and Reversal -- Laparoscopic Ostomy Surgery -- Ostomies in Trauma -- CCF Color Photo Gallery -- Stomas Via Percutaneous Endoscopy -- Gastrointestinal Stomas in Infants and Children -- Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) -- Urinary Stomas -- Enterocutaneous Fistula -- Parastomal Hernia -- Surgical Treatment of Peristomal Skin Conditions -- Stoma Prolapse -- Challenging Stomas.
- Atlas of liver pathology 2014, SpringerThe liver is a complex organ due to its unique microscopic structure, intricate metabolic functions and susceptibility to a wide variety of insults, manifesting in countless histological patterns. Atlas of Liver Pathology considers both changes seen in medical liver biopsies as well as lesional biopsies when the specimen has been taken from a mass. The book starts by reviewing normal structure and its variants and the optimal approaches for the preparation of histological sections for diagnostic liver pathology. The following chapters are dedicated to developmental, metabolic, infectious, drug related, autoimmune, biliary, vascular and neoplastic disorders. Two sections on liver pathology in pregnancy and transplantation conclude the work. Macroscopic illustrations are included where appropriate. All photographs are complemented by legends describing the picture and providing relevant related information. Authored by nationally and internationally recognized pathologists, Atlas of Liver Pathology is a valuable resource that serves as a quick reference guide for the diagnosis of usual and unusual diseases.
- Atlas of liver pathology. 3rd ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyGeneral aspects of the liver and liver diseases -- Viral hepatitis -- Cholestasis and biliary tract disorders -- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases -- Drug- and toxic-induced liver cell injury -- Vascular disorders -- Infectious disorders, non-viral -- Developmental, familial, and metabolic disorders -- Diseases of hepatic iron and copper metabolism -- Neoplasms and related lesions -- Transplantation -- Miscellaneous conditions.
- Atlas of surgical techniques for the colon, rectum, and anus 2013, ClinicalKeyOpen Right Colectomy -- Laparoscopic Right Colectomy -- Extended Right Colectomy with Ileosigmoid Anastomosis -- Extended Left Colectomy with Right Colon-to-Rectal Anastomosis -- Open Left and Sigmoid Colectomy -- Laparoscopic Left Colectomy -- Open Total Abdominal Colectomy with Ileorectal Anastomosis -- Laparoscopic Total Abdominal Colectomy and Ileorectal Anastomosis -- Open Total Proctocolectomy and Ileal Pouch -- Open Low Anterior Resection of Rectum -- Laparoscopic Low Anterior Resection -- Open Abdominal Perineal Resection -- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection -- Perineal Proctectomy for Prolapse (Altmeier/Prassad Technique) -- Open Resection Rectopexy for Rectal Prolapse -- Laparoscopic Rectopexy -- Completion Proctectomy for Crohn's Disease -- Transanal Excision of Rectal Lesions -- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery -- Anal Stricturoplasty and Skin Flaps -- Excisional Hemorrhoidectomy -- Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy -- Open Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy -- Sliding Flap Repair of Rectovaginal Fistula -- Excision of Anal Bowen's or Paget's Disease with a V-Y Advancement Flap -- Hanley Procedure for Fistula and Abscess -- Anal Sphincter Reconstruction -- End Ileostomy and Loop Ileostomy -- Colostomy: End and Divided Loop -- Local Parastomal Hernia Repair -- Small Bowel Strictureplasty -- Resection of Rectorectal Tumor with Sacrectomy -- Debulking and Peritoneal Stripping with Placement of Intraperitoneal Catheters for Carcinomatosis.
- Tri-incisional esophagectromy -- Ivor Lewis esophagectomy -- Left thoracoabdominal -- Transhiatal -- minimally invasive esophagectomy -- Nissen fundaplication -- Paraesophageal hernia repair -- Heller myotomy -- Truncal vagotomy -- Selective vagotomy -- highly selevtive vagotomy -- Heineke-Mikulicz phloroplasty -- Finney pyloroplasty -- Jaboulay pylorplasty -- Antrectomy -- Surgical treatment of postgastrectomy syndromes -- Laparoscopic gastric ulcer surgery -- Subtotal gastrectomy: billroth I and II -- Total gastrectomy -- Roux-en-y gastric bypass -- Gastric band -- Gastric sleeve -- Small bowel resection and anastomosis -- Jejunostomy tube -- Strictureplasty for Crohn's disease -- Meckel diverticulectomy -- Intusseption eduction -- Small bowel obstruction.
- Atlas of transnasal esophagoscopy 2007, OvidIndications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- Atlas of virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Autoimmune (IgG4-related) pancreatitis and cholangitis 2013, SpringerAutoimmune (IgG4-related) Pancreatitis and Cholangitis reviews the breadth of clinical, imaging, histological, laboratory, and imaging features associated with IgG4-associated systemic disease, especially AIP and IAC. Written by experts in their fields, each chapter includes an overview of existing data as well as the most up-to-date scientific information and emerging data. The book also addresses areas of uncertainty and controversy, briefly highlighting clinical and research needs relative to the respective topic. Comprehensive and easy to use, Autoimmune (IgG4-related) Pancreatitis and Cholangitis is a valuable resource for physicians who deal with or are interested in these complex disease processes, including gastroenterologists, hepatologists, and surgeons.
- Autoimmune liver diseases perspectives from Japan 2014, SpringerAutoimmune Liver Diseases summarizes the recent high-impact research and clinical findings obtained in Japan in the study and treatment of autoimmune liver diseases. Although these disorders are relatively rare, they are recognized as an important group of refractory liver diseases, the most common of which are autoimmune hepatitis (AIH) and primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC). The book therefore comprises two major sections, one dealing with AIH, the other with PBC. AIH in Japanese patients creates a unique disease population, as its clinical features are different from those of Western patients resulting from the different genetic background of the two patient populations. Also, mouse models of neonatal thymectomy-PD-1 knockout mice, clinical analyses of acute hepatitis-like manifestations, and research findings on IgG4-related autoimmune hepatitis have been reported in Japan and are included in this book. A disease-susceptibility gene specific to Japanese PBC patients has also recently been discovered. Because of the relatively homogeneous population of Japan, analyses conducted with Japanese PBC patients have yielded findings that are highly relevant to the pathogenesis of the disease. Furthermore, new pathological staging criteria, anti-gp210 antibodies and the basis they provide for improved accuracy of prognosis, treatment with bezafibrate, and the outcomes of living-donor liver transplantation are also presented here. This volume therefore serves as a useful resource not only for hepatologists, but also for researchers, clinical residents, and medical students both in Japan and in other countries.
- Benign anorectal diseases diagnosis with endoanal and endorectal ultrasound and new treatment options 2006, Springer
- Biology of gastric cancers 2009, Springer
- Blumgart's surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyComprehensive and complete, Blumgart's Surgery of the Liver, Pancreas and Biliary Tract - edited by Dr. William R. Jarnagin and a team of experts- delivers the comprehensive, cutting-edge guidance you need to achieve optimal outcomes in surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. Edited by a panel of experts and featuring contributions by many leading authorities, this 2-volume reference brings you the latest information on pathology, diagnostics, surgery, and non-operative intervention all in one source. At www.expertconsult.com you can not only access the complete contents online, but also an abundance of detailed illustrations and step-by-step procedural video clips from the Memorial Sloan Kettering video library that show you how to perform key procedures step by step. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information in one comprehensive reference that provides extensive coverage of pathology, diagnostics, surgery, and non-operative intervention as well as hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery. Deepen your understanding of surgical anatomy to help with diagnosis, surgical operation, interventional radiology, and endoscopy.
- Breath odors origin, diagnosis, and management 2011, Springer
- Section 1. Exposure and closure of the abdomen -- section 2. Primarily malabsorptive procedures -- section 3. Malabsorptive/restrictive procedures : gastric bypass -- section 4. Restrictive procedures -- section 5. Other and investigative procedures -- section 6. Revisional surgery.
- Capsule endoscopy 2008, ClinicalKeyHistory and future / Paul Swain -- How does the capsule work? / Moti Frish -- How to set up the suite and perform capsule endoscopy / Doug Morgan -- Reading, reporting, and training / Doug Adler -- The role of surgery in capsule endscopy / Calvin W. Lee and David R. Cave -- Systematization of terminology for capsule endoscopy / Michel Delvaux and Gerard Gay -- Normal small bowel and normal variants of the small bowel / Klaus Mergener -- Approach to the patient with GI bleeding / Marco Pennazio -- Approach to the patient with inflammatory bowel disease / Tanja Kühbacher and Stepfan Schreiber -- Approach to the patient with abdominal pain / Martin Keuchel -- Approach to the patient with obstruction / Maria Elena Riccioni ... [et al.] -- Approach to the pediatric patient / Victor L. Fox -- Use of capsule endoscopy for the evaluation of inflammatory bowel disease / Stuart L. Triester and Jonathan A. Leighton -- NSAIDS, radiation and foriegn bodies / Neal J. Schamberg and Felice Schnoll-Sussman -- Vascular abnormalities of the small bowel / Warwick Selby -- Benign and malignant tumors of the small bowel / Blair S. Lewis -- Malabsorption / Peter H.R. Green and Moshe Rubin -- Small bowel transplantation and graft versus host disease / Roberto de Franchis ... [et al.] -- Capsule endoscopy in the stomach and colon / Virender K. Sharma -- Esophageal capsule endoscopy / Glenn M. Eisen.
- 1. Suspicion of an Anastomotic Problem after Esophageal Resection for Cancer -- 2. Cervical Leakage of an Oesophago-Gastric Conduit Anastomosis -- 3. Thoracic Duct Injury -- 4. Postoperative Hiatal Herniation after Esophageal Resection -- 5. Benign Stenosis of the Intrathoracic and Cervical Esophagogastric Anastomosis after Esophagectomy -- 6. Recurrent Nerve Lesion (Double) As a Consequence of Esophageal Resection for Cancer -- 7. Trachea-Gastric Conduit Fistula after Esophageal Resection -- 8. Herniation of the Stomach into the Thorax after Laparoscopic Repair of a Type 3 Para-Esophageal Hernia -- 9. Dysphagia after Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication -- 10. Iatrogenic Esophageal Perforation -- 11. Peritonitis after Unrecognized Perforation Following Heller Myotomy and Dor Fundoplication for Achalasia -- 12. Esophagojejunostomy Leakage Following Extended Total Gastrectomy -- 13 -- Leakage of the Duodenal Stump Following Gastrectomy -- 14.Re-Bleeding after Repair of Bleeding Duodenal Ulcer -- 15. Stenosis of a Side-To-Side Gastrojejunostomy after a Laparoscopic Subtotal Gastrectomy -- 17. Leakage after Closure of a Perforated Duodenal Diverticulum -- 18. An Acute Complication of the Wilki Syndrome -- 19. Distal Duodenal Perforation after Double Balloon Endoscopy (DBE) -- 20.Duodenal Leakage after Resection of an Insulinoma of the Head of the Pancreas -- 21. Postoperative Intraluminal Bleeding Following a Gastric Bypass -- 22. Complication of Sleeve Gastrectomy after Bariatric Surgery -- 23. Leakage of Gastric Bypass Performed Because Of Obesity -- 24. Complication of Adjustable Gastric Band Converted in a Gastric Bypass -- 25. Problems with Laparoscopic Adjustable gastric band: erosion and migration -- 26. Jaundice and Hepatic Failure after Major Hepatic Resection -- 27. Biliary Leakage and Abscess after Liver Resection -- 28. A Patient with Biliary Strictures in One Half of the Liver after Liver Transplantation -- 29. Patient with a Stenosis of the Cavocavostomy after Liver Transplantation -- 30. CBD Lesion during Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- 31. CBD Lesion during Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- 32. Hepatic Abscess after Double Lesion (CBD and Right Hepatic Artery) During Cholecystectomy -- 33. Unrecognized CBD Stones after Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- 34. Recurrence of Gallbladder Acute Pancreatitis: When to Perform a Cholecystectomy? -- 35. Complicated Retained Stones in the Common Bile Duct after Multiple Sphincterotomies by ERCP -- 36. Complications after ERCP and Sphincterotomy -- 37. Lost Stones in Abdomen after Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- 38. Late Stenosis of Bilio-Digestive Anastomosis with Cholangitis (After Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy) -- 39. Complication after Surgical Treatment Klatskin Tumor -- 40. Postoperative Intraluminal Bleeding after Whipple Resection -- 41. Leakage of the Pancreato-Jejunostomy after a Whipple Procedure -- 42. Bile Leakage (And Portal Vein Thrombosis) after Whipple Procedure -- 43. Bleeding in the Small Remnant of the Head of the Pancreas after Duodenum Preserving Resection for Middle Pancreatic Tumor -- 44. Impaction of Enteral (Bezoars) During Enteral Feeding After Whipple Procedure -- 45. Gastric Bleeding Caused by a Necrotizing Pancreatitis with Extensive Pseudocyst Formation -- 46. 'Infection Is Not Found but Patient Is Becoming Worse' -- 47. Pseudocyst Pancreas, Endoscopically or Surgical Treatment? -- 48. Pancreatic Pseudocyst Far from the Stomach -- 49. Intra-Abdominal Bleeding with Shock as Consequence of Necrotizing Pancreatitis -- 50. Recurrence of Infection after Video-Assisted Retroperitoneal Debridement -- 51. Splenic and Portal Vein Thrombosis after Splenectomy -- 52. Rebleeding after Initial Coiling Of Spleen Trauma -- 53. Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison Syndrome), After Removal of an Adenocarcinoma of the Adrenal Gland -- 54. Leakage after Left Pancreatic Resection -- 55. Postoperative Shock during Laparoscopic Appendicectomy -- 56. Postoperative Abscess After Appendicectom -- 57. Carcinoid Discovered in the Appendix -- 58. Complications after Conservatively Treated Appendicular Phlegmon -- 59. Anastomotic Leakage Following Small Bowel Resection -- 60. Recurrence of Crohn's Disease -- 61. Short Bowel Syndrome -- 62. Recurrence of Intestinal Obstruction Because of Adhesions -- 63. Inadvertent Small Bowel Lesion during Laparoscopic Operation -- 64.Small Bowel Ischemia during Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Because of Gastro- Esophageal Junction Cancer -- 65. Complications of Malrotation -- 66. Leakage after Right Hemicolectomy -- 67. Anastomotic Rotation after Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy for Colonic Cancer -- 68. Leakage after Elective Ileo-Cecal Resection for Crohn's Disease -- 69. Leakage after Ileoanal Pouch Anastomosis, IAPA -- 70. Leakage after Sigmoid Resection -- 71. Leakage after LAR and Coloanal Anastomosis -- 72. Presacral Abscess and Sinuses after Lar -- 73. Stenosis after LAR -- 74. Problems after Coloanal Anastomosis (Stenosis Coloanal Anastomosis and Repeated Stools and Soiling) -- 75. Ureter Lesion during Low Anterior Resection -- 76. Late Ileo-Anal Pouch Anastomosis Fisteling (Vaginal And Perineal) -- 77. Ano-Rectal Adenocarcinoma in a Colorectal Crohn's Disease -- 78. Recto-Vaginal Fistula after LAR -- 79. Recto-Vesical Fistula after LAR -- 80. Perianal Problems after APR -- 81. Recurrence after TME Because of Rectal Cancer -- 82. Complication after Laparoscopic Abdominal Lavage Because of Perforated Diverticuliti -- 83. Anastomotic Leakage After Taken Down Hartmann Procedure -- 84. Complication after Sacrocolpopexy -- 85. Ischemia-Necrosis of the Sigmoid After Repair of A Ruptured Juxta-Renal Aneurysm -- 86. Complications and Approach in Post-Radiation Enteritis -- 87. Complications Following Cytoreductive Surgery and Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) -- 88. Colorectal Anastomosis Bleeding -- 89. Laparoscopic Approach of Anastomotic Leakage after Laparoscopic Resection -- 90. Leakage Distal Anastomosis after Low Anterior Resection with Protective Ileostomy -- 91. Leakage Distal Anastomosis After Low Anterior Resection (Lar) Without Protective Ileostomy -- 92. Complications of Ileostomy -- 93. Necrosis of Colostomy. Retraction and Stenosis -- 94. Parastomal Hernia Complications -- 95. Severe Complication after Pph Procedure for Hemorrhoids -- 96. Complex Recurrent Anal Fistula -- 97. Faecal Incontinence after Delivery -- 98. Rectovaginal Fistula Following Delivery -- 99. Dehiscence/Evisceration of the Abdominal Wall after Laparotomy -- 100. Recurrence of Open Incisional Hernia after Large Hernia Repair Using (Low-Weight) Polypropylene Mesh -- 101. Abdominal Compartment Syndrome -- 102. Enterocutaneous Fistula Through Previous Laparotomy -- 103.Care and Closure of Open Abdomen Approach.
- Celiac disease 2014, SpringerCeliac Disease is an authoritative text intended to educate healthcare practitioners, gastroenterologists, physicians and nutritionists about the diverse manifestations, complications and management of gluten-sensitive enteropathy. The seventeen-chapter text provides the latest research on pathophysiology, including animal models, immunopathogenesis, genetics and the intestinal microflora. The book also features chapters on diagnosis, monitoring, complications and nutritional management, including therapies on the horizon. The text concludes with appendices that provide educational tools for symptom monitoring and dietary guidance. Written by specialists in their respective fields, "Celiac Disease" is a comprehensive resource that provides the healthcare practitioner an evidence-based practical guide to pathogenesis and therapy of celiac disease.
- Cell/tissue injury and cytoprotection/organoprotection in the gastrointestinal tract mechanisms, prevention, and treatment 2012, KargerThe 'gastric cytoprotection' concept of Andre Robert and the origins of a new series of international symposia / S. Szabo, Y. Tache, A. Tarnawski -- Importance of translational research in GI pharmacology : lessons learned from the successes in history / D. Chen, C.-M. Zhao -- Acetic acid ulcer model : state of the art in 2012 / S. Okabe, K. Amagase, K. Takeuchi -- Roles of EP4 receptors in protective and healing-promoting effects of prostaglandin E2 on NSAID-induced small intestinal damage / K. Takeuchi -- Role of food and enterobacteria in the formation and prevention of small intestinal damage induced by NSAIDS / H. Satoh, K. Takeuchi -- Synergic effect of NSAID and gastric acid on superoxide-anion production in stomach / H. Matsui, T. Kaneko -- Development of NSAIDS with lower gastric side effect / T. Mizushima -- Cell/tissue injury and cytoprotection/organoprotection in the gastrointestinal tract : mechanisms, prevention, and treatment / K.D. Rainsford -- Animal model for evaluating gastric bleeding and ulcerogenic response induced by aspirin plus clopidogrel / C. Izuhara ... [et al.] -- Effects of ibuprofen and some analogues on the muscle tone of isolated segments of the common digital artery of the fallow deer (Dama dama) / B.A. Callingham, Rainsford K.D. -- Psychological stress induces visceral analgesic or hyperalgesic response in rodents : a role of preconditions / A. Mulak, M. Larauche, Y. Tach -- Neurobiology of corticotropin-releasing factor in the enteric nervous system during stress / S. Liu, J.D. Wood -- Corticotropin-releasing factor may protect the gastric mucosa in stress through involvement of glucocorticoids / L.P. Filaretova ... [et al.] -- Pathogenic potential of psychogenic stress in gastric mucosal injury / V.I. Ovsiannikov, T.P. Berezina -- Advances in understanding inflammation in esophageal disease / R.H. Hunt, Y. Yuan -- Physiopathology of esophageal inflammation, ulcerogenesis, and repair by studying the profile of glycoconjugate / O. Zayachkivska -- Analysis of the effect of different neuropeptides in gastric mucosal defense initiated centrally / K. Gyires -- Sulforaphane enhances protection and repair of gastric mucosa against oxidative stress via Nrf2-dependent mechanisms / A. Yanaka -- Involvement of renin-angiotensin system and vasoactive angiotensin-(1-7) metabolite of angiotensin II in gastric mucosal injury and gastroprotection / T. Brzozowski ... [et al.] -- Effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on gastrointestinal tract / P. Sikiric ... [et al.] -- Pathobiology of gastric carcinoids and adenocarcinomas in rodent models and patients : studies of gastrocystoplasty, gender-related factors, and autophagy / R.A. Vigen, D. Chen, C.M. Zhao -- Roles of the hydrogen sulfide/T-type calcium channel system in somatic and visceral pain processing / A. Kawabata, M. Matsunami -- Age-dependent role of vasopressin in susceptibility of gastric mucosa to indomethacin-induced injury / D. Zelena, O.Y. Morozova, L.P. Filaretova -- From mucosal energy metabolism to capsaicin : strategies for understanding mucosal protection / I.L. Szabcent, J. Czimmer, G. Mcentzsik.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in colon and rectal surgery 2006, SpringerPart I. Large Intestine -- Concepts in Surgery of the Large Intestine / Danny M. Takanishi and Fabrizio Michelassi -- Right Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner and Susan M. Cera -- Left Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Left Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner -- Low Anterior Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Abdominoperineal Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection and Total Proctocolectomy with End Ileostomy / Steven D. Wexner and Giovanna M. DaSilva -- Subtotal Colectomy with Ileoproctostomy or Ileostomy and Sigmoid Mucous Fistula -- Ileoanal Anastomosis with Ileal Reservoir Following Total Colectomy and Mucosal Proctectomy -- Abdominoperineal Protectomy for Benign Disease -- End-Ileostomy -- Loop Ileostomy -- Cecostomy -- Surgical Legacy Technique -- Transverse Colostomy -- Closure of Temporary Colostomy -- Laparoscopic Stoma Construction and Closure / Dan Enger Ruiz and Steven D. Wexner -- Operations for Colonic Diverticulitis (Including Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding) -- Ripstein Operation for Rectal Prolapse -- Part II. Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region -- Concepts in Surgery of the Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region / Amanda M. Metcalf -- Rubber Band Ligation of Internal Hemorrhoids -- Hemorrhoidectomy -- Anorectal Fistula and Pelvirectal Abscess -- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy for Chronic Anal Fissure -- Anoplasty for Anal Stenosis -- Thiersch Operation for Rectal Prolapse Surgical Legacy Technique -- Operations for Pilonidal Disease.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in esophageal surgery 2006, Springer
- Childhood obesity contemporary issues 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Cholestatic liver disease. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, Springer1. Diagnosis of Cholestasis / Andrea A. Gossard -- 2. Drug-Induced Cholestasis / Einar S. Björnsson -- 3. Primary Biliary Cirrhosis / Marina G. Silveira -- 4. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis / Meredith Borman and Bertus Eksteen -- 5. IgG4 Related Cholangitis / Said Al Mamari, Emma L. Culver, and Roger W. Chapman -- 6. Rare Causes of Cholestasis / Tamir Miloh and Ozlem Pinar Bulut -- 7. Cholestatic Variants of Viral Disease and Alcohol / Mary A. Atia and Bashar Aqel -- 8. Cholestasis Related to Systemic Disorders / Anitha Yadav and Elizabeth J. Carey -- 9. Complications of Cholestasis / Abrar Ahmed and Marlyn J. Mayo -- 10. Cholestasis Post-Liver Transplantation / Denise M. Harnois and Kymberly D. S. Watt -- 11. Cholestasis in the Hospitalized Patient / Anne M. Larson -- 12. Endoscopic Management of Biliary Obstruction / James H. Tabibian and Todd H. Baron.
- Chronic liver failure mechanisms and management 2011, SpringerThe organ -- Cells in the liver: functions in health and disease -- Liver physiology -- Assessment of liver function in clinical practice -- Physiology of the splanchnic and hepatic circulations -- Fibrosis as a major mechanism of chronic liver disease -- Stem cells and chronic liver failure: potential new therapeutics -- The role of inflammatory mediators in liver failure -- Genomics of the liver in health and disease -- Effects of liver failure on organ systems -- Hepatic encephalopathy and alterations of cerebral function -- Bacterial translocation and alterations of the digestive system -- SIRS, bacterial infections, and alterations of the immune system -- Regulation of the extracellular fluid volume and renal function -- The heart in chronic liver failure -- Haemostasis abnormalities in chronic liver failure -- The systemic and splanchnic circulations -- Hepatic microcirculation -- Angiogenesis and vascular growth in liver diseases -- Pulmonary alterations in chronic liver failure -- Adrenal function in chronic liver failure -- Management of chronic liver failure -- Antibiotic prophylaxis and management of bacterial infections -- Management of ascites and hyponatremia -- Management of renal failure -- Correction of abnormalities of haemostasis in chronic liver disease -- The treatment and prevention of variceal bleeding -- Extracorporeal artificial liver support systems -- Issues in transplantation of patients with chronic liver failure -- Chronic liver disease in the intensive care.
- Chronic viral hepatitis. 2nd rev. ed. 2009, Springer
- Clinical gastrointestinal endoscopy a comprehensive atlas 2014, SpringerGastrointestinal endoscopy is the principal tool for the investigation and treatment of most diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy offers a comprehensive overview of the role of gastrointestinal endoscopy in diagnosis. The atlas contains an abundance of high-quality images of a wide range of diseases of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by precise clinical descriptions. Normal findings and variants are also documented. Furthermore, many images obtained by means of advanced image-enhanced endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, device-assisted enteroscopy, and endoscopic ultrasound are included. This book will be an ideal reference for both specialists and trainees in gastroenterology. It will provide the reader with an invaluable store of knowledge and with the clear guidance required in order to perform gastrointestinal endoscopy to best effect.
- Clinical gastrointestinal endoscopy. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyDrs. Gregory G. Ginsberg, Michael L. Kochman, Ian D. Norton, and Christopher J. Gostout, 2nd Edition, helps you master the latest endoscopic techniques and achieve optimal outcomes. Written by some of today's most prestigious specialists and with many new and fully updated chapters, this resource equips you to diagnose and treat the full range of GI disorders with state-of-the-art coverage of bariatric surgery, therapeutic EUS, device-assisted enteroscopy, image-guided therapy, intramural endotherapy, and much more. Keep current with both new and emerging technologies including the management of upper gastrointestinal familial adenomatous polyposis syndrome and ampullary tumors; post-bariatric endoscopy and endoscopic therapy; endoluminal bariatric techniques, and intramural/transmural endoscopy. The comprehensive and multimedia resource for staying up to date with the latest technology and techniques in GI endoscopy.
- Clinical hepatology principles and practice of hepatobiliary diseases v. 1-2, 2010., Springerv. 2, 2010 SpringerStructure and function of the liver. v. 1 -- Pathophysiology and morphology of liver injury. v. 1 -- Evaluation of the patient with hepatobiliary disease. v. 1 -- Diseases of the liver. v. 2 -- Diseases of the gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts. v. 2.
- Clinical management of intestinal failure 2012, CRCnetBASE"This reference provides a current, multidisciplinary approach to the care of patients with intestinal failure. It includes intensive discussion on medical and nutritional issues especially relative to children with intestinal failure. It presents information on transplantation, but emphasizes rehabilitation. Topics cover etilogy/epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical assessment of intestinal failure in adults and pediatrics; medical and surgical management; prevention and treatment of complications of intestinal failure; nursing management; emerging diagnostic and therapeutic methods; and long term care. It is written by experts in nutrition, gastroenterology and pediatrics, pharmacy, as well as gastrointestinal surgery"-- Provided by publisher.
- Clinical MRI of the abdomen why, how, when 2011, SpringerPart 1. Technical Considerations -- Technical Considerations / Nickolas Papanikolaou and Charalampos Mpougias -- Part 2. Contrast Agents -- MR Contrast Agents / Luís Curvo-Semedo and Filipe Caseiro-Alves -- Part 3. Liver and Biliary Tract -- Diffuse Parenchymal Disease / Luis Martí-Bonmatí and Lucía Flors Blasco -- Benign Focal Lesions / Bernard E. Van Beers and Valérie Vilgrain -- Hepatocellular Carcinoma / Carlo Bartolozzi, Valentina Battaglia and Elena Bozzi -- Primary and Secondary Liver Malignancies / Sukru Mehmet Erturk, Karin Herrmann and Pablo R. Ros -- Biliary Tract / Sylvain Terraz, Magalie Viallon and Christoph D. Becker -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Liver and Biliary Tract Imaging / Luis Martí-Bonmatí and Estela López-Pérez -- Part 4. Pancreas -- Ducts / Celso Matos and Sandra Baleato -- Parenchymal Disease / Thomas K. Helmberger -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Pancreatic Imaging / Celso Matos, Martina Pezzullo and Charikleia Triantopoulou -- Part 5. Spleen -- Spleen / Olle Ekberg -- Part 6. Adrenals -- Adrenal Incidentalomas / Marzena Kulawska-Didoszak and Gabriel P. Krestin -- Functioning Adrenal Pathology / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Adrenals / Marzena Kulawska-Didoszak and Gabriel P. Krestin -- Part 7. Kidneys -- Renal Masses / Roberto Pozzi Mucelli, Niccolò Faccioli and Riccardo Manfredi -- Excretory System / Claus Nolte-Ernsting -- Pitfalls of Imaging of the Kidneys / Roberto Pozzi Mucelli -- Part 8. Gut -- Small Bowel / Sofia Gourtsoyianni, Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis and Nickolas Papanikolaou -- MR Colonography / Thomas C. Lauenstein -- Rectum / Sofia Gourtsoyianni and Regina G. H. Beets-Tan -- Fistula-in-Ano / Steve Halligan and Stuart Taylor -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Small Bowel and Rectum / Regina G. H. Beets-Tan, Nickolas Papanikolaou and Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis -- Part 9. Pelvis -- Female Pelvis / Evis Sala and Rodney H. Reznek -- Prostate Gland / François Cornud and Nicholas Papanicolaou -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Pelvis / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Part 10. Pediatric Abdomen -- MR Imaging of Paediatric Abdomen / Michael Riccabona and Fred Avni -- Part 11. MRI Advances in Patients with Cancer -- Whole-Body MRI / Philip Aschoff, Claus D. Claussen and Heinz-Peter Schlemmer -- Diffusion-Weighted Imaging / Anwar R. Padhani and Shilpan M. Patel -- Target Volume Definition / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Part 12. Abdominal MRI at 3 Tesla -- 3 Tesla MR Imaging in the Abdomen / Pablo R. Ros and Sukru Mehmet Erturk.
- Clinical ultrasound in benign proctology 2-D and 3-D anal, vaginal and transperineal techniques 2006, Springer
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Bugianesi, E. -- Fibrosis in the GI tract : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Pinzani, M. -- Chronic hepatitis B : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Wursthorn, K.; Mederacke, I.; Manns, M.P. -- Chronic hepatitis C : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Asselah, T. ... [et al.] -- Clinical update on inflammatory disorders of the GI tract : liver transplantation / de Rougemont, O.; Dutkowski, P.; Clavien, P.-A. -- Hepatocellular carcinoma / Peck-Radosavljevic, M. -- Coeliac disease / Schuppan, D. -- Anti-TNF therapy in inflammatory bowel diseases / Fiorino, G.; Danese, S.; Peyrin-Biroulet, L. -- Role of epithelial cells in inflammatory bowel disease / Kaser, A. -- GI immune response in functional GI disorders / Tack, J.; Kindt, S. -- Probiotics in GI diseases / Gionchetti, P. ... [et al.] -- Microscopic colitis / Pardi, D.S.; Miehlke, S. -- Inflammatory proteins as prognostic markers in acute pancreatitis / Frossard, J.L.; Bhatia, M. -- Antibiotics, probiotics, and enteral nutrition : means to prevent infected necrosis in AP / van Doesburg, I.A. ... [et al.] on behalf of the Dutch Pancreatitis Study Group -- Immunotherapy of pancreatic carcinoma : recent advances / Märten, A.; Büchler, M.W. -- IKK/NF-B/Rel in acute pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer : torments of tantalus / Algül, H.; Schmid, R.M. -- Helicobacter pylori infection : to eradicate or not to eradicate / Schütte, K. ... [et al.] -- Clinical update on inflammatory disorder of the GI tract, carcinogenesis, and treatment of gastric cancer / Rad, R.; Ebert, M.
- Clinician's Guide to swallowing fluoroscopy 2014, SpringerThe Clinician's Guide to Swallowing Fluoroscopy is a comprehensive resource for all dysphagia clinicians. This beautifully-illustrated text is intended for SLP, ENT, radiology, GI, and rehabilitation specialists interested in swallowing and addresses the need for an up-to-date, all-inclusive reference. Topics covered include radiation safety and protection, fluoroscopic oral, pharygeal, and esophageal phase protocols and abnormalities, and objective measures of timing and displacement.
- Clinician's manual on intra-abdominal infections 2010, Springer
- Colitis a practical approach to colon biopsy interpretation 2014, SpringerThe Normal Biopsy: Mucosa And Submucosa -- The Endoscopic Biopsy -- Elementary Lesions Of Inflammation -- Dysplasia -- Infections -- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases -- Treatment Related Diseases -- Ischemic Colitis -- Diverticular Disease-Associated Colitis -- Eosinophilic Colitis -- Microscopic Colitis -- Drug-Induced Colitis -- Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome -- The Role Of Biopsies In The Treatment Of Colitis: Scoring Of Disease Activity.
- Colon and rectal surgery. 5th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Color atlas of high resolution manometry 2009, Springer
- Colorectal cancer 2010, ClinicalKeyEpidemiology and risk factors of colorectal cancer / Kathryn M. Chu -- Presentation and initial evaluation of colorectal cancer / Susan Tsai and Susan L. Gearhart -- Hereditary colorectal cancer and polyp syndromes / Francis M. Giardiello -- Genetic screening / Cheryl J. Pendergrass -- Behavior and dietary modification in the prevention of colon cancer / Stephanie Downing, Emmanouil P. Pappou, and Nita Ahuja -- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer / Melissa A. Munsell and Francis M. Giardiello -- Fecal occult blood test / Michel A. Kafrouni and John H. Kwon -- Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy in colorectal cancer screening and -- Surveillance / Michelle N. Zikusoka and John H. Kwon -- Stool and blood sampling for early detection of colorectal cancer / Jason K. Sicklick and Nita Ahuja -- Radiologic techniques : virtual colonoscopy / Karen M. Horton -- Preoperative evaluation / Jerry Stonemetz, Nicole A. Phillips, and Susan L. Gearhart -- Limited resection : indications, techniques, and outcomes of transanal excision and -- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery / Elizabeth C. Wick -- Minimally invasive techniques : indications, techniques, and outcomes / Susan L. Gearhart -- Endoscopic techniques in colorectal neoplasia / Eun i. Shin and Samuel A. Giday -- Open surgical techniques in colorectal cancer / Vanita Ahuja -- Systemic therapy for colon cancer / Khaled El-Shami, Sujatha Nallapareddy, and Wells Messersmith -- Radiation therapy for colorectal adenocarcinoma : external beam and intraoperative -- Radiation therapy / Joseph M. Herman and Timothy M. Pawlik -- Surveillance and follow-up / Matthew T. Hueman and Nita Ahuja -- Clinical trials : why participate? / Jamila Mwidau and David Chang -- Vaccines and immunotherapy / Ajay Jain and Richard Schulick -- Genetic profiling in colorectal cancer / Debashish Bose and Nita Ahuja -- Coping with colorectal cancer / Eden R. Stotsky.
- Colorectal cancer 2009, Springer
- Colorectal cancer evidence-based chemotherapy strategies 2007, SpringerMolecular biology of colon cancer / William M. Grady -- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer / Yu-Ning Wong ...[et al.] -- Colorectal cancer screening and surveillance / Arnold J. Markowitz -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer / M. Wasif Saif, Richard Kim, and Edward Chu -- Integration of antiangiogenic strategies in colorectal cancer treatment / John M. Strother and Charles D. Blanke -- The role of EGFR inhibition in colorectal cancer / Nabeel Shalan and Paulo M. Hoff -- Second-line strategies in the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer / Anthony B. El-Khoueiry and Heinz-Josef Lenz -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancer / Bert H. O'Neil ... [et al.] -- Management of locally advanced rectal cancer / Yu Jo Chua and David Cunningham -- Rationale for adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the resection of liver metastases / Axel Grothey and Steven A. Alberts -- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation in the management of patients with colorectal cancer / Karen Brown -- Colorectal cancer imaging / Sean D. Curran and Laurence H. Schwartz -- Nursing issues in colorectal cancer chemotherapy / Ellen Hollywood and Deborah Semple -- Pain management in the colorectal cancer patient / Vivek Tim Malhotra -- Novel agents and new paradigms for colorectal cancer / Chris Takimoto and Russell Kruzelock.
- Colorectal cancer screening 2011, SpringerColorectal cancer pathways / Petr Protiva -- Risk factors and screening for colorectal cancer / Joseph C. Anderson -- Hereditary adenomatous colorectal cancer syndromes / Maqsood Khan and Carol A Burke -- Screening and surveillance guidelines / Robert J. Chehade and Douglas J. Robertson -- Barriers to colorectal cancer screening : patient, physician, and system factors / Catherine R. Messina -- Screening for colorectal cancer using colonoscopy / Douglas K. Rex -- New colonoscopic technologies for colorectal cancer screening / Douglas K. Rex -- Screening for CRC using CT colonography / Brooks D. Cash -- Noninvasive screening tests / Nabil Fayad and Thomas F. Imperiale -- Removal of difficult colon polyps / Jerome Waye -- Screening for colorectal cancer in the elderly / Charles J. Kahi -- Chemoprevention / Jeffrey Singerman and Petr Protiva.
- Colorectal cancer screening and computerized tomographic colonography a comprehensive overview 2013, SpringerOverview of Colorectal Cancer / Joseph C. Anderson -- Colorectal Cancer Screening Tests and Recommendations / Don C. Rockey -- CTC Background and Development / Darren Boone -- Indications and Evidence for CTC / Elizabeth G. McFarland -- Performance and Interpretation of CTC / Peter D. Poullos -- Integration of CTC into a CRC Screening Program / Steven Carpenter -- CTC Controversies (Radiation Exposure, Extracolonic Findings, Cost-Effectiveness) / Andrea Laghi, Franco Iafrate -- CTC Pitfalls/Limitations / Donald W. Jensen, Duncan Barlow -- Future Directions/Innovations with CTC (Prepless CTC, Alternative Displays, Computer-Aided Detection) / Farid Dahi, Abraham H. Dachman.
- Colorectal surgery 2013, ClinicalKeyWritten for the general surgeon who is called upon to manage diseases and disorders of the large bowel, rectum, and anus, this reference provides advanced, expert guidance on how to avoid complications and achieve the most successful results. Visualize relevant anatomy and techniques more easily with high-quality, full-color line drawings and clinical photos throughout. Zero in on the information you need with key points boxes in every chapter that provide a quick overview of the topic at hand. Get practical, hands-on advice on managing the diseases and disorders you're most likely to encounter. Learn from acknowledged leaders in the field who excel in both academic and clinical areas.
- Colorectal surgery living pathology in the operating room 2006, Springer
- Colorectal surgery. 5th ed. 2014, ClinicalKeyAnorectal investigation / Alexis M.P. Schizas and Andrew B. Williams -- Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy / Adam Haycock and Siwan Thomas-Gibson -- Inherited bowel cancer / Sue Clark and Andrew Latchford -- Colonic cancer / Robert J.C. Steele -- Rectal cancer / A. Zia Janjua and Brendan J. Moran -- Adjuvant therapy for colorectal cancer / Ganesh Radhakrishna and David Sebag-Montefiore -- Anal cancer / John H. Scholefield -- Diverticular disease / Des Winter -- Ulcerative colitis / Scott R. Kelley and Eric J. Dozois -- Crohn's disease / Mark W. Thompson-Fawcett and Neil J.McC. Mortensen -- Incontinence / Paul-Antoine Lehur and Mark T.C. Wong -- Functional problems and their surgical management / Nicola S. Fearnhead -- Functional problems and their medical management / Anton V. Emmanuel -- Anal fistula : evaluation and management / Peter J. Lunniss and Robin K.S. Phillips -- Minor anorectal conditions / Jit-Fong Lim and Francis Seow-Choen -- Sexually transmitted diseases and the anorectum / Lester Gottesman and Josef A. Shehebar -- Minimally invasive surgery and enhanced recovery programmes in colorectal disease / Ian Jenkins and Robin Kennedy -- Intestinal failure / Carolynne Vaizey and Janindra Warusavitarne.
- Complex anorectal disorders investigation and management 2005, Springer
- Concise pediatric and adolescent hepatology 2012, KargerGrowing up with liver disease, psychological aspects of paediatric liver disease / H. Boulton, F. Bathgate -- Acute liver failure in children and adolescents / NP Shanmugam, S Bansal, A Dhawan -- Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis in children / AS Knisley -- Biliary atresia / R Hill, M Davenport -- Alagille Syndrome / M Mouzaki, BM Kamath -- Immune deficiency-related liver disease / N Hadzic -- Autoimmune liver disease / G Mielli-Vergani, D Vergani -- Wilson Disease / P Socha -- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in children / A Alisi, R De Vito, D Viggiano, L Morcaldi, V Nobili -- Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension / SK Yachha, B Jagadisan -- Primary liver malignancies: surgical aspects including transplantation / J-B Otte -- Viral hepatitis in children / X Stephene, E Sokal -- Non-viral infections of the liver / A Verma -- Intestinal failure, parenteral nutrition and liver disease / OJ Goulet -- Liver transplantation / R Ciria, N Heaton -- Hepatocyte transplantation, 'omics' and gene therapy in the management of liver diseases / S Jitraruch, H Qin, RD Hughes, SC Lehec, RR Mitry.
- Constipation a practical approach to diagnosis and treatment 2014, SpringerConstipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment serves as an unmet resource for physicians and other health care providers, including trainees and students, who see patients with constipation. The text reviews pathophysiologic mechanisms and details evaluation and management strategies. The volume also enables the reader to identify epidemiologic factors and quality of life parameters for patients with constipation, discuss differences in pathophysiologic mechanisms for different etiologies of constipation, recognize primary causes of constipation, and assess special considerations related to the symptom of constipation including presentations in the elderly, in pregnant women, in patients with systemic diseases, and patients with a history of abuse. Written by thought leaders and recognized experts in gastrointestinal motility and medical education, Constipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment is of great value and utility for gastroenterologists, primary care physicians, gynecologists, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, as well as fellows and residents.
- Constipation etiology, evaluation, and management. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Contemporary coloproctology 2012, Springer1. Introduction: Colorectal Surgery - The Specialty / Nigel Scott and Lars Påhlman -- 2. Hemorrhoids / J. Graham Williams -- 3. Anal Fissure and Its Management / Aidan Fowler -- 4. Anorectal Fistula / Rick Nelson -- 5. The Management of Pilonidal Sinus Disease / Asha Senapati -- 6. Hidradenitis Suppurativa / Nigel Scott -- 7. Pruritus Ani / Ian Badger -- 8. Anorectal Sexually Transmitted Infections / Benjamin P. Goorney -- 9. Colorectal Cancer Screening and Surveillance / Susan K. Clark -- 10. Imaging in Colorectal Cancer / Rishi Sethi and Stephen H. Lee -- 11. Early Colorectal Cancer Management / Jim Hill -- 12. Colon Cancer: Advantages of the Laparoscopic Approach and the Principles of Enhanced Recovery / Hugh J. Gallagher and Sophie E. Noblett -- 13. Evidence-Based Management of Rectal Cancer / Paul Rooney and Nagarajan Pranesh -- 14. Chemotherapy and Biomarkers / Francisca E. Marti and Mark P. Saunders -- 15. Colorectal Liver Metastases / Saurabh Jamdar, Aali J. Sheen, and Ajith K. Siriwardena -- 16. Anal Cancer / Jim Hill -- 17. Medical Management of Ulcerative Colitis / Paul Flanagan and Keith Leiper -- 18. Surgical Options in Ulcerative Colitis / Daniel L. Beral and John E. Hartley -- 19. Surgery for Fulminant Colitis / Kaori Futaba, Tony Mak, and Dion Morton -- 20. Failing Pouch / Hasan T. Kirat and Feza H. Remzi -- 21. Surgery for Small Bowel Crohn's Disease / Paul Rooney and Nicola Eardley -- 22. Perianal Crohn's Disease / Nigel Scott -- 23. Surgical Nutrition / Ciaran J. Walsh -- 24. Diverticular Disease / Catherine McCarthy, Niklas Hennessy, and Basil Fozard -- 25. Assessment and Investigation of Fecal Incontinence and Constipation / Peter J. Mitchell and Edward S. Kiff -- 26. Interventions for Fecal Incontinence / Steven R. Brown -- 27. The Management of Constipation / Sushil Maslekar and David G. Jayne -- 28. Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome and Pelvic Pain / Martin Farmer -- 29. Rectal Prolapse / J. Graham Williams -- 30. Acute Colonic Pseudo-obstruction / Keith Chapple -- 31. Colonic Volvulus / Lesley M. Hunt -- 32. Rectovaginal Endometriosis / Ian J. Adam -- 33. Stomas / Mark Cheetham -- 34. Intensive Care: The Basics / Jonathon R. Goodall -- 35. Critical Care Scoring Systems / Andrew Fisher and Dermot Burke -- 36. Surgical Fluid Management / Sophie E. Noblett and Alan F. Horgan -- 37. Colonic Bleeding / Rachael Lawrence and Helen O'Grady -- 38. Fecal Peritonitis / Arun Loganathan and John E. Hartley -- 39. Large Bowel Obstruction / Malcolm Wilson -- 40. Miscellaneous (Non-IBD) Colitides / Paul Turner and Ian Botterill -- 41. Colon and Rectal Trauma / Jeff Garner -- 42. Postoperative Complications / Sonia Lockwood and Jon Armitage.
- Crohn's disease a multidisciplinary approach 2010, SpringerEtiology / Marzia Marrollo, Alessandro Armuzzi and Fabio Zannoni -- Epidemiology / Marina Rizzi -- Genetics / Marco Castori and Paola Grammatico -- The Role of the Pathologist in the Management of Patients with Crohn's Disease / Roberto Pisa, Maria Cristina Macciomei and Alvaro Leone -- Clinical Presentation / Anna Kohn, Caterina Maria Camastra, Rita Monterubbianesi and Marina Rizzi -- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Role of Endoscopy / Arnaldo Andreoli, Patrizia Meddi, Paolo Pantanella and Antonio Tesi -- Laboratory Tests / Giuseppe Famularo and Giovanni Minisola -- Imaging / Loredana Adami, Maurizio Atzori, Paola Cerro, Andrea Cortese and Pasquale Ialongo, et al. -- Diagnosis of Anorectal Disease / Pasquale Ialongo, Loredana Adami, Maurizio Atzori, Cesare Hassan and Andrea Cortese, et al. -- Role of Interventional Radiology / Francesco Colucci, Paolo Agresti, Stefano Pieri, Maurizio Morucci and Lorenzo de' Medici -- Standard Therapeutic Approach / Roberto Mangiarotti -- New Therapies / Maria Lia Scribano and Maria Laura Annunziata -- Cell and Stem-Cell Therapies of Crohn's Disease and Complications / Luca Pierelli, Sergio Rutella and Giuseppina Bonanno -- Surgical Treatment / Roberto Tersigni -- Crohn's Disease in Children / Salvatore Cucchiara and Laura Stronati -- Perianal Disease / Luciano Alessandroni -- Crohn's Disease and Pregnancy / Claudio Donadio, Rocco Cosintino, Giuliano Rigon, Claudio Donadio and Fabrizio Signore -- Rheumatological Manifestations of Crohn's Disease / Giovanni Minisola and Giuseppe Famularo -- Cutaneous Manifestations / Luciano Alessandroni and Andrea Scotti -- Ocular Manifestations / Vincenzo Petitti and Stefano Tamburi -- Hepatopathologies / Leone Nauri -- Infectious Complications / Nicola Petrosillo and Cecilia M. J. Drapeau -- Kidney Disease / Margherita Rosa and Salvatore Di Giulio -- Crohn's Disease and Cancer / Fabio Calabrò and Cora N. Sternberg -- Crohn's Disease and Malignant Lymphomas / Valerio Zoli, Anna Proia and Ignazio Majolino -- Psychological and Social Aspects / Susan Levenstein and Vilma Varvo.
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis from epidemiology and immunobiology to a rational diagnostic and therapeutic approach 2012, Springer"The conditions of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are excellent examples of how the exponential growth of knowledge in biomedical science can make a remarkable impact on clinical practice and patient's quality of life. It has led to the development of unique novel immunomodulatory treatments. These are continuously being refined to treat not only the two original conditions in the gut, but the systemic immunologic illness with its associated extraintestinal disorders. New therapies are sometimes complex and associated with important risks requiring a deeper understanding of their molecular principles from clinicians. Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis serves as a unique combined resource for physicians and scientists addressing the needs of both groups. It will stimulate exchange and collaboration and shorten the path between discovery and application of new knowledge and also help clinicians understand new therapeutic concepts from their origins. This volume provides an introduction to mucosal immunology which forms the basis of modern immunotherapy. It also serves as a comprehensive guide to the current diagnostic modalities, including enhanced imaging techniques such as MRI and CT enterography, virtual colonoscopy, ultrasound, and endomicroscopy as well as conventional and complex immunomodulatory principles. Each chapter is written by experts in their field and includes the most up to date information. Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis will be of great value to gastroenterologists, surgeons, internists, pediatricians and gynecologists trainees, as well as all those involved in Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and related autoimmune disorders"--Provided by publisher.
- Crohn's Disease Current Concepts 2015, SpringerPresenting recent advances related to inflammatory bowel disease as well as imaging of the intestine through CT, MR Enterography, diffusion and perfusion imaging, tissue harmonic imaging, capsule endoscopy and push enteroscopy amongst others, Crohn?s Disease ? Current Concepts provides a rational diagnostic strategy for clinical, surgical and support teams. Crohn?s Disease ? Current Concepts is a useful and concise book for radiologists, gastroenterologists and surgeons involved in the treatment and care of patients with inflammatory bowel diseases.
- "Now in its Third Edition, this trusted and practical volume in LWW's Teaching File Series offers residents and practicing radiologists a unique opportunity to study alongside the experts in their field. For the first time, CT and MRI of the Abdomen and Pelvis is a hybrid publication, with a new paperback format and accompanying web content that includes a wealth of case studies users can access from their laptop, tablet, or mobile device. The book is useful both as a quick consult or study aid for anyone preparing for Board examinations in Radiology and other specialties where knowledge of CT and MRI of the abdomen and pelvis are required. This skill-builder delivers ... 416 structured case studies based on actual patients--each providing a brief patient history, as many as four CT/MR images, a short description of the findings, differential diagnosis, final diagnosis, and a discussion of the case. Detailed imaging of all areas of the abdomen and pelvis including the liver and biliary system, pancreas, GI tract, spleen, mesentery/omentum/peritoneum, kidney and urinary system retroperitoneum and adrenal glands and abdominal wall--helps readers understand relevant anatomy and identify pathologies. NEW to third Edition ... Hybrid format includes print and online components. 30% new cases address new challenges and provide timely information. Accompanying web site delivers access to all cases in the book, plus several hundred supplemental, "bonus" cases!"--Provided by publisher.
- CT colonography atlas for the practicing radiologist 2013, SpringerNormal colon -- Anatomical variants: positional anomalies of colon -- Pitfalls in imaging -- Diverticular disease -- Lipomatous lesions of the colon -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyps: pedunculated -- Sessile polyps -- Flat lesion -- Colon cancer -- Rectal cancer -- The ileocecal valve -- Operated large bowel.
- CT colonography principles and practice of virtual colonoscopy 2010, ClinicalKeyIn CT Colonography, Perry Pickhardt and David Kim present techniques for quicker evaluation and diagnosis of colon cancer through the pioneering, specialty-changing imaging technique of virtual colonoscopy (VC). This combination of sophisticated X-rays and CT scans of the abdomen offers patients an alternative to colonoscopy that is cost effective and reduces the need for unnecessary polyp removal. Abundantly illustrated in full color, this pioneering book describes CT colonography from pathogenesis, staging and treatment through indications, technique, and interpretation for the most common pathologies. Covers principles, techniques, and interpretations for the most common pathologies in a logical, practical organization. Presents tips from the authors on setting up a VC practice to provide a personal, instructive guide. Provides over 1000 full-color, high-resolution anatomic images throughout for the clearest, most accurate picture of colorectal cancer, its natural history, and its diagnosis by VC. Focuses on images, with the text serving as context for the proper use and understanding of VC.
- CT of the acute abdomen 2011, Springer
- This book provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the continuously evolving field of dual-energy CT (DECT). An introductory section presents information on the physical and technical background of DECT and considers nonspecific and specific software advantages. Clinical applications of DECT in the evaluation of retroperitoneal viscera are then addressed in detail with the help of high-quality illustrations. Particular attention is devoted to the most recent DECT study protocols, software, and applications in aortic, renal, pancreatic, and adrenal disease. A number of case studies are reported that elucidate the advantages of DECT, and the relevant literature is extensively discussed. The book closes by considering radiation dose and dose-saving measures. The simple and practical approach offered by this book will assist radiologists in the optimal routine use and interpretation of DECT in different retroperitoneal sites and radiology technologists in the choice of settings and parameters.
- Current diagnosis & treatment, gastroenterology, hepatology, & endoscopy 2012, AccessMedicine
- Gastroesophageal reflux is one of the most common maladies of mankind. Approximately 40% of the adult population of the USA suffers from significant heartburn and the numerous antacids advertised incessantly on national television represents a $8 billion per year drug market. The ability to control acid secretion with the increasingly effective acid-suppressive agents such as the H2 blockers (pepcid, zantac) and proton pump inhibitors (nexium, prevacid) has given physicians an excellent method of treating the symptoms of acid reflux. This atlas is a source of easily digestible practical information for pathologists faced with biopsies from this region. It is also aimed at gastroenterologists as they biopsy these patients.
- Diagnostic endosonography a case-based approach 2014, SpringerThe available textbooks on endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) typically focus on technique and interpretation of commonly observed images and scenarios and are aimed primarily at trainees. However, independent practitioners of EUS are often challenged by unusual cases which they are expected to handle competently despite the absence of authoritative guidance. The Diagnostic Endosonography aims to fill this gap by presenting carefully selected cases that will expand the practitioner's knowledge base and cover important clinical challenges. The case material is organized principally according to anatomic site. Approximately 170 case reports are included, each of which is accompanied by an average of three to five high-quality EUS images; in addition, CT and PET scans are shown when appropriate. For each case, the case description is followed by helpful 'teaching points' as well as up-to-date literature references and suggestions for future research.
- Diarrhea-- diagnostic and therapeutic advances 2011, SpringerDefinition, epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical classification, and differential diagnosis of diarrhea -- Infectious gastroenteritis and colitis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Eosinophilic enteritis -- Microscopic colitis -- Food allergy -- Protein-losing enteropathies -- Radiation enterocolitis -- Congenital disorders of digestion and absorption -- Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency -- Bacterial overgrowth -- Celiac disease -- Whipple disease -- Surgical conditions presenting with diarrhea -- Chronic diarrheal disorders due to endocrine neoplasms -- Diarrhea from enterotoxins -- Factitious diarrhea -- Chronic idiopathic diarrhea -- Irritable bowel syndrome -- Functional diarrhea (non-specific chronic diarrhea, toddler diarrhea) -- Diarrhea related to non-neoplastic endocrine diseases -- Alcohol-related diarrhea -- Drug-induced diarrhea -- Runner's diarrhea -- Evaluation of patients with diarrhea and timing of referral -- Empiric treatment of chronic diarrhea -- Probiotics for diarrheal diseases.
- Digestive involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases 2008, ScienceDirectThe book "The digestive system in systemic autoimmune diseases" represents the state-of-the-art in the field of digestive disorders in the most common systemic autoimmune diseases. The volume consists of an introductory chapter on imaging techniques in digestive diseases, followed by eight chapters on digestive manifestations in specific systemic autoimmune diseases. The final five chapters deal with digestive diseases with an autoimmune pathogenesis and systemic manifestations. International in scope, the table of contents reads like a Who's who in clinical research on systemic autoimmune diseases. More than 20 contributors from the European Union, the United States, Mexico and South Africa share their knowledge in this detailed volume. *One book of leading international clinical and scientific experts on autoimmune and digestive diseases. *A practical guide to the identification, diagnosis and treatment of digestive involvement in patients with autoimmune diseases that will be useful for all medical specialties. *Several diseases and conditions not included in other text books are included, some of which are of recent emergence. *Each chapter is designed to serve as a Guide to Clinical Practice for each disease.
- Diseases of the liver in children evaluation and management 2014, SpringerDiseases of the Liver in Children: Evaluation and Management provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of pediatric liver disease, with a practical approach useful for the primary care provider or general gastroenterologist. With an emphasis on tables and images, this book serves as a reference for understanding basic hepatic processes and the significance of laboratory findings. It also discusses the state of the art of diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the pediatric liver. The text captures the key elements of treatment and monitoring important for the primary care provider partnering in the care of these patients with pediatric hepatologists. The current state of transplantation and other surgical approaches are also discussed. The importance of aggressive bowel rehabilitation in the prevention of end-stage total parenteral nutrition-induced liver disease is also covered. Written by experts in their fields and including the most up to date clinical information, Diseases of the Liver in Children: Evaluation and Management serves as a very useful resource for physicians.
View by page
- Abdominal imaging — Diversity of gastric carcinoma pathogenesis, diagnosis, and therapy (100)
- DNA alterations in lynch syndrome advances in molecular diagnosis and genetic counselling — Inflammatory bowel disease from bench to bedside. 2nd ed. (100)
- Inflammatory bowel disease-- diagnosis and therapeutics. 2nd ed. — Posterior intrahepatic approach in liver surgery (100)
- Posterior pelvic floor abnormalities — Zoom gastroscopy magnifying endoscopy in the stomach (90)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.