Books by Subject
- Abdominal imaging ......................
- — Frozen section library. Pancreas .......
- Functional and GI motility disorders ...
- — MRI of the gastrointestinal tract ......
- MRI of the liver. 2nd ed. ..............
- — Viral hepatitis. 1st ed. ...............
- Virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. ...........
- — Zakim and Boyer's hepatology. 6th ed. ..
- Abdominal imaging 2013, SpringerIn this book a team of leading experts come together to provide a comprehensive overview of modern imaging of the abdomen and pelvis, with detailed sections on both gastrointestinal and genitourinary imaging. Each chapter has an identical structure and focuses on a particular organ or organ system, allowing the reader to approach the field one topic at a time. Indications for a variety of imaging techniques and examination protocols are clearly described, and the imaging features of normal anatomy and pathologic entities are depicted in an abundance of high-quality images. Care is taken to consider all recent technical developments and new indications, and the diagnostic performance of different imaging modalities is carefully compared. It is anticipated that this book will come to be regarded as the standard work of reference on abdominal and pelvic radiology.
- Abdominal ultrasound for surgeons 2014, SpringerAbdominal Ultrasound for Surgeons provides a comprehensive guide to the use of ultrasonography in surgical practice of abdominal diseases. The content is divided into three major sections focusing on basic principles of ultrasound, ultrasound anatomy and pathology of the abdomen, and employment of ultrasound of the abdomen in surgical practice. A final section is dedicated to the logistics of incorporating ultrasound into a surgical practice. The first section provides an introduction to the principles of ultrasonography focusing on ultrasound physics, equipment, and instrumentation. A detailed approach to the various scanning methods and image interpretation is demonstrated with illustrations, images, and video. The second section focuses on ultrasound anatomy of the abdomen. Each chapter demonstrates the normal and abnormal ultrasound anatomy of specific abdominal organ or organ systems (abdominal wall, liver, pancreas, biliary, stomach, anorectum, retroperitoneum, vascular) with illustrations and images. The current status and technique of endoscopic ultrasound of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tracks is addressed in this section. The third section provides a state-of-the-art review of the status of each major application of abdominal ultrasound in surgery. Topics range from trauma ultrasound and laparoscopic staging to techniques in ultrasound guidance and three-dimensional targeting. This section provides a comprehensive review of the employment of interventional, intraoperative, laparoscopic, transabdominal and endoscopic ultrasound. The fourth and last section addresses the practice aspects of incorporation of ultrasound into a surgical practice. Abdominal Ultrasound for Surgeons will serve as a very useful resource and guide for surgeons and students with little to some experience in ultrasound, including practicing surgeons, surgical fellows, and surgical residents.
- Acute abdomen during pregnancy 2014, SpringerPart I. Surgery -- 1. Acute Appendicitis -- 2. Acute Biliary Tract Diseases -- 3. Acute Pancreatitis -- 4. Nontraumatic Gastroduodenal Perforations -- 5. Symptomatic Abdominal Wall Hernias -- 6. Symptomatic Diaphragmatic Hernia -- 7. Intestinal Obstruction -- 8. Acute Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- 9. Spleen -- 10. Abdominal Trauma -- 11. Miscellaneous Conditions -- Part II. Gynecology -- 12. Adnexal Torsion -- 13. (Isolated) Torsion of the Fallopian Tube -- 14. Ruptured/Bleeding Ovarian Cysts/Tumors -- 15. Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy -- 16. Spontaneous Uterine Rupture -- 17. Torsion of the Gravid Uterus -- 18. Degenerating Uterine Myomas -- 19. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction / 2010, Springer
- The field of adipose tissue biology has been expanding at a very rapid pace in the last few years. Numerous advances have been made since publication of the first edition of this book, in terms of basic adipocyte biology, understanding of the determinants of obesity, distribution of body fat and weight loss, as well as the mechanisms linking excess adiposity to various co-morbidities. Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease, Second Edition contains updated chapters from the previous volume but as the field has evolved, some areas covered in the first edition have been refocused to address the new knowledge. The volume is divided in four sections: the first two deal with basic adipose tissue and adipokine biology, while the last two address the problem of obesity and alterations in adipose tissue function from an epidemiological and clinical standpoint. The chapters are written by experts in their fields and include the most up to date scientific information. Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease, Second Edition is a useful resource for physicians interested in adipose tissue biology and basic scientists who want to know more about applied aspects of the field. The book targets endocrinologists, residents and fellows, internists, nutritionists and general practitioners who are exposed to an ever-expanding obese population.
- Advances in laparoscopy of the abdominal wall hernia 2014, SpringerWith an increase in the use of laparoscopic techniques for the treatment of abdominal wall hernias, this comprehensive book provides a detailed description of the most up-to-date techniques used in the laparoscopic repair of inguinal and ventral incisional hernias. Advances in Laparoscopy of the Abdominal Wall Hernia takes the reader step-by-step through two laparoscopic techniques used in inguinal hernia correction: Extraperitoneal (TEP) and Transabdominal (TAPP), and guides the reader through the fundamentals of ventral hernia repair. The authors aim to show methods of dealing with rarer hernias and those of atypical location. This book will also inform the reader of the various kinds of meshes used and provides knowledge on how to fix them, as well as the advantages, disadvantages and indications of this type of prosthesis. Written by experts in the field, Advances in Laparoscopy of the Abdominal Wall Hernia is a valuable reference tool to surgeons and medical practitioners working in this field.
- Advances in pancreatic cancer treatment 2011, Future MedAdvances in pancreatic cancer treatment / Helmut Friess & Norbert Hüser -- Pathophysiology of pancreatic cancer / J. Matthias Löhr, Stephan L. Haas & Rainer Heuchel -- Molecular diagnostics in pancreatic cancer / David K. Chang, Sean M. Grimmond & Andrew V. Biankin -- Surgical therapy for pancreatic cancer / Norbert Hüser, Volker Assfalg & Helmut Friess -- Multimodal treatment concepts in pancreatic cancer / Daniel Reim, Alexander Novotny & Helmut Friess -- Consensus guidelines in pancreatic cancer treatment / Wasif Saif -- Drugs in clinical trials & future directions / Zhiqiang Huang & Donald J. Buchsbaum.
- Anal and rectal diseases 2012, Springer
- Anorectal and colonic diseases. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Anus 2014, SpringerAnus: Treatment and Pathology is the perfect guide for the diagnosis and management of patients with anal canal and pelvic floor disorders. Using annotated diagrams matched to cross-sectional radiology with ultrasound and MRI, this book will not only give the reader a thorough understanding of normal anal canal and pelvic floor anatomy, but will also take the reader through the common benign and malignant conditions which affect the anal canal and pelvis describing in detail their pathophysiology, investigation and management. Anus: Treatment and Pathology is aimed at practicing general surgeons, colorectal surgeons and surgical trainees, which can be used either as a practical reference guide for day to day colorectal surgical practice or for in depth text based learning.
- Ascites, hyponatremia, and hepatorenal syndrome 2011, KargerDifferential diagnosis of ascites / Appenrodt, B. -- Current treatment strategies : diuretics / Bernardi, M. -- Paracentesis / Sanyal, A.J., Bajaj, J.S., Shaw, J. -- Large volume paracentesis : which plasma expander? / Terg, R.A -- Albumin : not just a plasma expander / Davies, N.A. ... [et al.] -- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for ascites : which patients will benefit? / Salerno, F., Cazzaniga, M. -- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis prophylaxis and treatment / Wiest, R., Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Clinical implications of hyponatremia in cirrhosis / Heuman, D.M. -- Vaptans for ascites : chances and risks / Wong, F. -- Cardiorenal syndrome : a new entity? / Moller, S., Krag, A. -- Renal failure in cirrhosis / Gustot, T., Moreau, R. -- Novel definition of hepatorenal syndrome : clinical consequences / Fernandez, J., Arroyo, V. -- Role of infections in hepatorenal syndrome / Wiest, R. -- Tips for HRS / Sauerbruch, T., Appenrodt, B. -- Vasoconstrictor therapy for hepatorenal syndrome / Yeo, C.-M.; Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : the US experience / Musana, A.K., Sanyal, A.J. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : predictors of response / Cárdenas, A., Gines, P. -- Safety of terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome / Krag, A., Moller, S. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : novel strategies and future perspectives / Angeli, P. --Hepatorenal syndrome and liver transplantation / Gonwa, T.A.
- ASCRS manual of colon and rectal surgery 2009, Springer
- ASCRS manual of colon and rectal surgery. Second edition. 2014, SpringerThe ASCRS Manual of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition is designed to provide a rapid access pocket reference for residents, fellows, private clinicians, and allied health professionals caring for patients with colorectal surgical diseases. The Manual, abstracted from the ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition, is intended to impart succinct, clinically relevant information for daily patient care. The chapters take an evidence-based approach and many provide ASCRS practice parameters. The contents are presented consistently, with concise overviews of the most clinically relevant topics. The disease chapters discuss etiology, anatomic considerations, patient evaluation, lab results, imaging, diagnosis and treatment. The surgical chapters address these same issues, in addition to discussion of minimally invasive versus open techniques, possible complications, and perioperative care. The Manual also includes anatomical and technique drawings, operative photos and algorithms. Concise yet comprehensive, The ASCRS Manual of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition is very useful for physicians and researchers dealing with diseases of the colon and rectum.
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery 2007, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Atlas of Dermatological Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disease provides a comprehensive compendium of digestive tract diseases with dermatological manifestations. The work is arranged by digestive symptoms, with sections based on the specific digestive disease etiology. Each section contains paired chapters of text, one on gastrointestinal manifestations and the other on dermatological manifestations. The atlas includes clinical presentations, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic tests/procedures, pathology, and references presented with substantial numbers of images.
- Atlas of Digestive Endoscopic Resection 2014, Springer
- Atlas of endomicroscopy 2008, Springer1. Development of endoscopic devices: past, present and future / Norman E. Marcon, Brian C. Wilson, and Ralph S. DaCosta -- 2. Surface analysis with magnifying chromoendoscopy in the colon / David P. Hurlstone -- 3. Development and current technological status of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Peter Delaney, Steven Thomas, and Wendy McLaren -- 4. Examination technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz, Kerry Dunbar, and Marcia I. Canto -- 5. The technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy from the perspective of a new user / Marcia I. Canto 6. -- Microarchitecture of the normal gut seen with conventional histology and endomicroscopy / Michael Vieth ... [et al.] -- 7. Endomicroscopy of GI disorders -- 8. Live tissue imaging with conventional confocal microscopy / Marshall H. Montrose and Alastair J.M. Watson -- 9. Functional and molecular imaging with confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz ... [et al.] -- 10. Future trends in confocal laser endomicroscopy: improved imaging quality and immunoendoscopy / Raja Atreya and Markus F. Neurath.
- Atlas of esophagus and stomach pathology 2014, SpringerAtlas of Esophagus and Stomach Pathology provides an image-based resource for those studying normal histology of the upper gastrointestinal tract, as well as the microscopic manifestations of developmental abnormalities, toxic insults, infectious diseases, inflammatory and autoimmune conditions, and neoplasia in the esophagus and stomach. Because modern gastrointestinal pathology practice centers on specimens obtained during endoscopic examination, the atlas focuses on biopsy pathology, providing real-world microscopic images and ancillary diagnostic studies for most commonly-encountered abnormalities and diseases affecting these two organs. The book is supplemented with endoscopic and special study images. Authored by nationally and internationally recognized pathologists, Atlas of Esophagus and Stomach Pathology is a valuable tool for both pathologists-in-training seeking to make new acquaintances, and practicing surgical pathologists in need of a quick visual reference in recalling old friends in the world of diagnostic gastrointestinal pathology.
- Atlas of ileoscopy 2013, SpringerThis atlas presents high-quality images of clinical cases of small bowel diseases, with a focus on the importance of terminal ileoscopy as the first step in detecting this group of rare pathologies. Among the conditions covered are celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, neoplasms, infections, and pediatric disease. The multidisciplinary approach to the presentation of clinical cases, with contributions from histology, radiology, capsule endoscopy, enteroscopy, and surgery, ensures that the atlas will provide an accurate learning course for beginners and also an effective update for specialists.
- Part 1.Distribution and arrangement of ICC in the GI tract --Stomach --Small Intestine --Duodenum --Colon --Caecum --Ileocaecal Junction --ICC Found in the Submucosal Layer --Introduction --Part 2.Ultrastructural demonstration of ICC and the allied cells --Ultrastructural Demonstration of ICC --Signal Pathways Between Nerves and Muscles Not Mediated by ICC --Issues for Future Studies.
- Atlas of intestinal stomas 2012, SpringerIntestinal Stomas: Historical Overview --Gastrointestinal Anatomy --Structure and Function of the Large Bowel --Physiologic and Metabolic Effects of Intestinal Stomas --Quality of Life of the Ostomate --Wound, Ostomy, and Continence/Enterostomal Therapy (WOC/ET) Nursing --Ileostomy --Medical Management of the High-Output Enterostomy and Enterocutaneous Fistula --Intestinal Stomas and the Biliary Tree --Continent Ileostomy --Colostomy: Types, Indications, Formation, and Reversal --Laparoscopic Ostomy Surgery --Ostomies in Trauma --CCF Color Photo Gallery --Stomas Via Percutaneous Endoscopy --Gastrointestinal Stomas in Infants and Children --Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) --Urinary Stomas --Enterocutaneous Fistula --Parastomal Hernia --Surgical Treatment of Peristomal Skin Conditions --Stoma Prolapse --Challenging Stomas.
- Atlas of transnasal esophagoscopy 2007, OvidIndications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- Atlas of virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Autoimmune (IgG4-related) pancreatitis and cholangitis 2013, SpringerAutoimmune (IgG4-related) Pancreatitis and Cholangitis reviews the breadth of clinical, imaging, histological, laboratory, and imaging features associated with IgG4-associated systemic disease, especially AIP and IAC. Written by experts in their fields, each chapter includes an overview of existing data as well as the most up-to-date scientific information and emerging data. The book also addresses areas of uncertainty and controversy, briefly highlighting clinical and research needs relative to the respective topic. Comprehensive and easy to use, Autoimmune (IgG4-related) Pancreatitis and Cholangitis is a valuable resource for physicians who deal with or are interested in these complex disease processes, including gastroenterologists, hepatologists, and surgeons.
- Benign anorectal diseases 2006, Springer
- Biliary lithiasis 2008, Springer
- Biology of gastric cancers 2009, Springer
- Blumgart's surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Breath odors 2011, Springer
- Celiac disease 2004, NLM
- Celiac Disease 2014, Springer
- The 'gastric cytoprotection' concept of Andre Robert and the origins of a new series of international symposia / S. Szabo, Y. Tache, A. Tarnawski -- Importance of translational research in GI pharmacology : lessons learned from the successes in history / D. Chen, C.-M. Zhao -- Acetic acid ulcer model : state of the art in 2012 / S. Okabe, K. Amagase, K. Takeuchi -- Roles of EP4 receptors in protective and healing-promoting effects of prostaglandin E2 on NSAID-induced small intestinal damage / K. Takeuchi -- Role of food and enterobacteria in the formation and prevention of small intestinal damage induced by NSAIDS / H. Satoh, K. Takeuchi -- Synergic effect of NSAID and gastric acid on superoxide-anion production in stomach / H. Matsui, T. Kaneko -- Development of NSAIDS with lower gastric side effect / T. Mizushima -- Cell/tissue injury and cytoprotection/organoprotection in the gastrointestinal tract : mechanisms, prevention, and treatment / K.D. Rainsford -- Animal model for evaluating gastric bleeding and ulcerogenic response induced by aspirin plus clopidogrel / C. Izuhara ... [et al.] -- Effects of ibuprofen and some analogues on the muscle tone of isolated segments of the common digital artery of the fallow deer (Dama dama) / B.A. Callingham, Rainsford K.D. -- Psychological stress induces visceral analgesic or hyperalgesic response in rodents : a role of preconditions / A. Mulak, M. Larauche, Y. Tach -- Neurobiology of corticotropin-releasing factor in the enteric nervous system during stress / S. Liu, J.D. Wood -- Corticotropin-releasing factor may protect the gastric mucosa in stress through involvement of glucocorticoids / L.P. Filaretova ... [et al.] -- Pathogenic potential of psychogenic stress in gastric mucosal injury / V.I. Ovsiannikov, T.P. Berezina -- Advances in understanding inflammation in esophageal disease / R.H. Hunt, Y. Yuan -- Physiopathology of esophageal inflammation, ulcerogenesis, and repair by studying the profile of glycoconjugate / O. Zayachkivska -- Analysis of the effect of different neuropeptides in gastric mucosal defense initiated centrally / K. Gyires -- Sulforaphane enhances protection and repair of gastric mucosa against oxidative stress via Nrf2-dependent mechanisms / A. Yanaka -- Involvement of renin-angiotensin system and vasoactive angiotensin-(1-7) metabolite of angiotensin II in gastric mucosal injury and gastroprotection / T. Brzozowski ... [et al.] -- Effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on gastrointestinal tract / P. Sikiric ... [et al.] -- Pathobiology of gastric carcinoids and adenocarcinomas in rodent models and patients : studies of gastrocystoplasty, gender-related factors, and autophagy / R.A. Vigen, D. Chen, C.M. Zhao -- Roles of the hydrogen sulfide/T-type calcium channel system in somatic and visceral pain processing / A. Kawabata, M. Matsunami -- Age-dependent role of vasopressin in susceptibility of gastric mucosa to indomethacin-induced injury / D. Zelena, O.Y. Morozova, L.P. Filaretova -- From mucosal energy metabolism to capsaicin : strategies for understanding mucosal protection / I.L. Szabcent, J. Czimmer, G. Mcentzsik.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in colon and rectal surgery 2006, SpringerPart I. Large Intestine -- Concepts in Surgery of the Large Intestine / Danny M. Takanishi and Fabrizio Michelassi -- Right Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner and Susan M. Cera -- Left Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Left Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner -- Low Anterior Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Abdominoperineal Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection and Total Proctocolectomy with End Ileostomy / Steven D. Wexner and Giovanna M. DaSilva -- Subtotal Colectomy with Ileoproctostomy or Ileostomy and Sigmoid Mucous Fistula -- Ileoanal Anastomosis with Ileal Reservoir Following Total Colectomy and Mucosal Proctectomy -- Abdominoperineal Protectomy for Benign Disease -- End-Ileostomy -- Loop Ileostomy -- Cecostomy -- Surgical Legacy Technique -- Transverse Colostomy -- Closure of Temporary Colostomy -- Laparoscopic Stoma Construction and Closure / Dan Enger Ruiz and Steven D. Wexner -- Operations for Colonic Diverticulitis (Including Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding) -- Ripstein Operation for Rectal Prolapse -- Part II. Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region -- Concepts in Surgery of the Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region / Amanda M. Metcalf -- Rubber Band Ligation of Internal Hemorrhoids -- Hemorrhoidectomy -- Anorectal Fistula and Pelvirectal Abscess -- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy for Chronic Anal Fissure -- Anoplasty for Anal Stenosis -- Thiersch Operation for Rectal Prolapse Surgical Legacy Technique -- Operations for Pilonidal Disease.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in esophageal surgery 2006, Springer
- Childhood obesity 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Cholestatic liver disease 2008, Springer
- Chronic hepatitis C virus 2012, SpringerPart I. Natural history of chronic HCV -- 1. Epidemiology of chronic HCV / Gary L. Davis -- 2. Acute HCV / Katja Deterding, Heiner Wedemeyer, and Michael P. Manns -- 3. Assessing the progression of chronic HCV to cirrhosis / Gonzolo Crespo, Stella M. Martinez, and Xavier Forns -- 4. Chronic HCV and steatosis / Dawn McDowell Torres and Stephen A. Harrison -- 5. Chronic HCV and hepatocellular carcinoma / Morris Sherman -- 6. Extrahepatic manifestations of chronic HCV / Vincenza Calvaruso and Antonio Craxì -- 7. Chronic HCV and HIV coinfection / Patrick Ingiliz, Maud Lemoine, and Yves Benhamou -- 8. Chronic HCV in patients with renal disease / Paul Martin and Fabrizio Fabrizi -- 9. Does treatment alter the natural history of chronic HCV? / Fasiha Kanwal and Bruce R. Bacon -- Part II. Treatment of chronic HCV with interferon-based therapy -- 10. Treatment with interferon and ribavirin / William Kemp and Stuart K. Roberts -- 11. Immune modulators and other agents / Edgar D. Charles and Ira M. Jacobson -- 12. Measuring HCV RNA and assessing virologic response / Jean-Michel Pawlotsky -- 13. Response-guided therapy / Mitchell L. Shiffman -- 14. Managing the side effects of therapy / Curtis Cooper -- 15. Genetics of virologic response / Alison B. Jazwinski and Andrew J. Muir -- 16. Maintenance therapy with peginterferon / Raza Malik and Nezam H. Afdhal -- Part III. Anti-viral therapy for chronic HCV -- 17. Antiviral targets in HCV / B. Kronenberger and S. Zeuzem -- 18. Mutations and the development of anti-viral resistance / Anna Maria Geretti and Geoff Dusheiko -- 19. Peginterferon, ribavirin and anti-viral triple therapy / Patrick Marcellin, Nathalie Boyer, and Tarik Asselah -- 20. Treating chronic HCV without interferon and/or ribavirin / Edward J. Gane -- 21. Maintenance therapy with oral antiviral agents / Andrew Aronsohn and Donald Jensen -- Part IV. Liver transplantation for chronic HCV -- 22. Natural history of chronic HCV after liver transplantation / Bart J. Veldt and Michael R. Charlton -- 23. Use of HCV-positive organs in patients with and without chronic HCV / Elizabeth C. Verna and Robert S. Brown Jr. -- 24. Treating HCV prior to liver transplantation / Alvaro Martinez-Camacho, Brett E. Fortune, and Gregory T. Everson -- 25. Treating HCV after liver transplantation / Michael Chang, Hubert Sung, and Sammy Saab.
- Chronic liver failure 2011, SpringerThe organ -- Cells in the liver: functions in health and disease -- Liver physiology -- Assessment of liver function in clinical practice -- Physiology of the splanchnic and hepatic circulations -- Fibrosis as a major mechanism of chronic liver disease -- Stem cells and chronic liver failure: potential new therapeutics -- The role of inflammatory mediators in liver failure -- Genomics of the liver in health and disease -- Effects of liver failure on organ systems -- Hepatic encephalopathy and alterations of cerebral function -- Bacterial translocation and alterations of the digestive system -- SIRS, bacterial infections, and alterations of the immune system -- Regulation of the extracellular fluid volume and renal function -- The heart in chronic liver failure -- Haemostasis abnormalities in chronic liver failure -- The systemic and splanchnic circulations -- Hepatic microcirculation -- Angiogenesis and vascular growth in liver diseases -- Pulmonary alterations in chronic liver failure -- Adrenal function in chronic liver failure -- Management of chronic liver failure -- Antibiotic prophylaxis and management of bacterial infections -- Management of ascites and hyponatremia -- Management of renal failure -- Correction of abnormalities of haemostasis in chronic liver disease -- The treatment and prevention of variceal bleeding -- Extracorporeal artificial liver support systems -- Issues in transplantation of patients with chronic liver failure -- Chronic liver disease in the intensive care.
- Chronic viral hepatitis. 2nd rev. ed. 2009, Springer
- Clinical gastrointestinal endoscopy 2014, SpringerGastrointestinal endoscopy is the principal tool for the investigation and treatment of most diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy offers a comprehensive overview of the role of gastrointestinal endoscopy in diagnosis. The atlas contains an abundance of high-quality images of a wide range of diseases of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by precise clinical descriptions. Normal findings and variants are also documented. Furthermore, many images obtained by means of advanced image-enhanced endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, device-assisted enteroscopy, and endoscopic ultrasound are included. This book will be an ideal reference for both specialists and trainees in gastroenterology. It will provide the reader with an invaluable store of knowledge and with the clear guidance required in order to perform gastrointestinal endoscopy to best effect.
- Clinical hepatology v. 1-2, 2010., Springerv. 2, 2010 SpringerStructure and function of the liver. v. 1 -- Pathophysiology and morphology of liver injury. v. 1 -- Evaluation of the patient with hepatobiliary disease. v. 1 -- Diseases of the liver. v. 2 -- Diseases of the gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts. v. 2.
- Clinical management of intestinal failure 2012, CRCnetBASE"This reference provides a current, multidisciplinary approach to the care of patients with intestinal failure. It includes intensive discussion on medical and nutritional issues especially relative to children with intestinal failure. It presents information on transplantation, but emphasizes rehabilitation. Topics cover etilogy/epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical assessment of intestinal failure in adults and pediatrics; medical and surgical management; prevention and treatment of complications of intestinal failure; nursing management; emerging diagnostic and therapeutic methods; and long term care. It is written by experts in nutrition, gastroenterology and pediatrics, pharmacy, as well as gastrointestinal surgery"--Provided by publisher.
- Clinical MRI of the abdomen 2011, SpringerPart 1. Technical Considerations -- Technical Considerations / Nickolas Papanikolaou and Charalampos Mpougias -- Part 2. Contrast Agents -- MR Contrast Agents / Luís Curvo-Semedo and Filipe Caseiro-Alves -- Part 3. Liver and Biliary Tract -- Diffuse Parenchymal Disease / Luis Martí-Bonmatí and Lucía Flors Blasco -- Benign Focal Lesions / Bernard E. Van Beers and Valérie Vilgrain -- Hepatocellular Carcinoma / Carlo Bartolozzi, Valentina Battaglia and Elena Bozzi -- Primary and Secondary Liver Malignancies / Sukru Mehmet Erturk, Karin Herrmann and Pablo R. Ros -- Biliary Tract / Sylvain Terraz, Magalie Viallon and Christoph D. Becker -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Liver and Biliary Tract Imaging / Luis Martí-Bonmatí and Estela López-Pérez -- Part 4. Pancreas -- Ducts / Celso Matos and Sandra Baleato -- Parenchymal Disease / Thomas K. Helmberger -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Pancreatic Imaging / Celso Matos, Martina Pezzullo and Charikleia Triantopoulou -- Part 5. Spleen -- Spleen / Olle Ekberg -- Part 6. Adrenals -- Adrenal Incidentalomas / Marzena Kulawska-Didoszak and Gabriel P. Krestin -- Functioning Adrenal Pathology / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Adrenals / Marzena Kulawska-Didoszak and Gabriel P. Krestin -- Part 7. Kidneys -- Renal Masses / Roberto Pozzi Mucelli, Niccolò Faccioli and Riccardo Manfredi -- Excretory System / Claus Nolte-Ernsting -- Pitfalls of Imaging of the Kidneys / Roberto Pozzi Mucelli -- Part 8. Gut -- Small Bowel / Sofia Gourtsoyianni, Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis and Nickolas Papanikolaou -- MR Colonography / Thomas C. Lauenstein -- Rectum / Sofia Gourtsoyianni and Regina G. H. Beets-Tan -- Fistula-in-Ano / Steve Halligan and Stuart Taylor -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Small Bowel and Rectum / Regina G. H. Beets-Tan, Nickolas Papanikolaou and Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis -- Part 9. Pelvis -- Female Pelvis / Evis Sala and Rodney H. Reznek -- Prostate Gland / François Cornud and Nicholas Papanicolaou -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Pelvis / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Part 10. Pediatric Abdomen -- MR Imaging of Paediatric Abdomen / Michael Riccabona and Fred Avni -- Part 11. MRI Advances in Patients with Cancer -- Whole-Body MRI / Philip Aschoff, Claus D. Claussen and Heinz-Peter Schlemmer -- Diffusion-Weighted Imaging / Anwar R. Padhani and Shilpan M. Patel -- Target Volume Definition / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Part 12. Abdominal MRI at 3 Tesla -- 3 Tesla MR Imaging in the Abdomen / Pablo R. Ros and Sukru Mehmet Erturk.
- Clinical ultrasound in benign proctology 2006, Springer
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Bugianesi, E. -- Fibrosis in the GI tract : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Pinzani, M. -- Chronic hepatitis B : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Wursthorn, K.; Mederacke, I.; Manns, M.P. -- Chronic hepatitis C : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Asselah, T. ... [et al.] -- Clinical update on inflammatory disorders of the GI tract : liver transplantation / de Rougemont, O.; Dutkowski, P.; Clavien, P.-A. -- Hepatocellular carcinoma / Peck-Radosavljevic, M. -- Coeliac disease / Schuppan, D. -- Anti-TNF therapy in inflammatory bowel diseases / Fiorino, G.; Danese, S.; Peyrin-Biroulet, L. -- Role of epithelial cells in inflammatory bowel disease / Kaser, A. -- GI immune response in functional GI disorders / Tack, J.; Kindt, S. -- Probiotics in GI diseases / Gionchetti, P. ... [et al.] -- Microscopic colitis / Pardi, D.S.; Miehlke, S. -- Inflammatory proteins as prognostic markers in acute pancreatitis / Frossard, J.L.; Bhatia, M. -- Antibiotics, probiotics, and enteral nutrition : means to prevent infected necrosis in AP / van Doesburg, I.A. ... [et al.] on behalf of the Dutch Pancreatitis Study Group -- Immunotherapy of pancreatic carcinoma : recent advances / Märten, A.; Büchler, M.W. -- IKK/NF-B/Rel in acute pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer : torments of tantalus / Algül, H.; Schmid, R.M. -- Helicobacter pylori infection : to eradicate or not to eradicate / Schütte, K. ... [et al.] -- Clinical update on inflammatory disorder of the GI tract, carcinogenesis, and treatment of gastric cancer / Rad, R.; Ebert, M.
- Clinician's manual on intra-abdominal infections 2010, Springer
- Colon and rectal surgery. 5th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Color atlas of high resolution manometry 2009, Springer
- Colorectal cancer 2007, SpringerMolecular biology of colon cancer / William M. Grady -- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer / Yu-Ning Wong ...[et al.] -- Colorectal cancer screening and surveillance / Arnold J. Markowitz -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer / M. Wasif Saif, Richard Kim, and Edward Chu -- Integration of antiangiogenic strategies in colorectal cancer treatment / John M. Strother and Charles D. Blanke -- The role of EGFR inhibition in colorectal cancer / Nabeel Shalan and Paulo M. Hoff -- Second-line strategies in the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer / Anthony B. El-Khoueiry and Heinz-Josef Lenz -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancer / Bert H. O'Neil ... [et al.] -- Management of locally advanced rectal cancer / Yu Jo Chua and David Cunningham -- Rationale for adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the resection of liver metastases / Axel Grothey and Steven A. Alberts -- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation in the management of patients with colorectal cancer / Karen Brown -- Colorectal cancer imaging / Sean D. Curran and Laurence H. Schwartz -- Nursing issues in colorectal cancer chemotherapy / Ellen Hollywood and Deborah Semple -- Pain management in the colorectal cancer patient / Vivek Tim Malhotra -- Novel agents and new paradigms for colorectal cancer / Chris Takimoto and Russell Kruzelock.
- Colorectal cancer 2009, Springer
- Colorectal cancer screening 2011, Springer
- Overview of Colorectal Cancer /Joseph C. Anderson --Colorectal Cancer Screening Tests and Recommendations /Don C. Rockey --CTC Background and Development /Darren Boone --Indications and Evidence for CTC /Elizabeth G. McFarland --Performance and Interpretation of CTC /Peter D. Poullos --Integration of CTC into a CRC Screening Program /Steven Carpenter --CTC Controversies (Radiation Exposure, Extracolonic Findings, Cost-Effectiveness) /Andrea Laghi, Franco Iafrate --CTC Pitfalls/Limitations /Donald W. Jensen, Duncan Barlow --Future Directions/Innovations with CTC (Prepless CTC, Alternative Displays, Computer-Aided Detection) /Farid Dahi, Abraham H. Dachman.
- Colorectal surgery 2006, Springer
- Complex anorectal disorders 2005, Springer
- Concise pediatric and adolescent hepatology 2012, KargerGrowing up with liver disease, psychological aspects of paediatric liver disease / H. Boulton, F. Bathgate -- Acute liver failure in children and adolescents / NP Shanmugam, S Bansal, A Dhawan -- Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis in children / AS Knisley -- Biliary atresia / R Hill, M Davenport -- Alagille Syndrome / M Mouzaki, BM Kamath -- Immune deficiency-related liver disease / N Hadzic -- Autoimmune liver disease / G Mielli-Vergani, D Vergani -- Wilson Disease / P Socha -- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in children / A Alisi, R De Vito, D Viggiano, L Morcaldi, V Nobili -- Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension / SK Yachha, B Jagadisan -- Primary liver malignancies: surgical aspects including transplantation / J-B Otte -- Viral hepatitis in children / X Stephene, E Sokal -- Non-viral infections of the liver / A Verma -- Intestinal failure, parenteral nutrition and liver disease / OJ Goulet -- Liver transplantation / R Ciria, N Heaton -- Hepatocyte transplantation, 'omics' and gene therapy in the management of liver diseases / S Jitraruch, H Qin, RD Hughes, SC Lehec, RR Mitry.
- Constipation 2014, SpringerConstipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment serves as an unmet resource for physicians and other health care providers, including trainees and students, who see patients with constipation. The text reviews pathophysiologic mechanisms and details evaluation and management strategies. The volume also enables the reader to identify epidemiologic factors and quality of life parameters for patients with constipation, discuss differences in pathophysiologic mechanisms for different etiologies of constipation, recognize primary causes of constipation, and assess special considerations related to the symptom of constipation including presentations in the elderly, in pregnant women, in patients with systemic diseases, and patients with a history of abuse. Written by thought leaders and recognized experts in gastrointestinal motility and medical education, Constipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment is of great value and utility for gastroenterologists, primary care physicians, gynecologists, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, as well as fellows and residents.
- Constipation. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Contemporary coloproctology 2012, Springer1.Introduction: Colorectal Surgery - The Specialty /Nigel Scott and Lars Påhlman --2.Hemorrhoids /J. Graham Williams --3.Anal Fissure and Its Management /Aidan Fowler --4.Anorectal Fistula /Rick Nelson --5.The Management of Pilonidal Sinus Disease /Asha Senapati --6.Hidradenitis Suppurativa /Nigel Scott --7.Pruritus Ani /Ian Badger --8.Anorectal Sexually Transmitted Infections /Benjamin P. Goorney --9.Colorectal Cancer Screening and Surveillance /Susan K. Clark --10.Imaging in Colorectal Cancer /Rishi Sethi and Stephen H. Lee --11.Early Colorectal Cancer Management /Jim Hill --12.Colon Cancer: Advantages of the Laparoscopic Approach and the Principles of Enhanced Recovery /Hugh J. Gallagher and Sophie E. Noblett --13.Evidence-Based Management of Rectal Cancer /Paul Rooney and Nagarajan Pranesh --14.Chemotherapy and Biomarkers /Francisca E. Marti and Mark P. Saunders --15.Colorectal Liver Metastases /Saurabh Jamdar, Aali J. Sheen, and Ajith K. Siriwardena --16.Anal Cancer /Jim Hill --17.Medical Management of Ulcerative Colitis /Paul Flanagan and Keith Leiper --18.Surgical Options in Ulcerative Colitis /Daniel L. Beral and John E. Hartley --19.Surgery for Fulminant Colitis /Kaori Futaba, Tony Mak, and Dion Morton --20.Failing Pouch /Hasan T. Kirat and Feza H. Remzi --21.Surgery for Small Bowel Crohn's Disease /Paul Rooney and Nicola Eardley --22.Perianal Crohn's Disease /Nigel Scott --23.Surgical Nutrition /Ciaran J. Walsh --24.Diverticular Disease /Catherine McCarthy, Niklas Hennessy, and Basil Fozard --25.Assessment and Investigation of Fecal Incontinence and Constipation /Peter J. Mitchell and Edward S. Kiff --26.Interventions for Fecal Incontinence /Steven R. Brown --27.The Management of Constipation /Sushil Maslekar and David G. Jayne --28.Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome and Pelvic Pain /Martin Farmer --29.Rectal Prolapse /J. Graham Williams --30.Acute Colonic Pseudo-obstruction /Keith Chapple --31.Colonic Volvulus /Lesley M. Hunt --32.Rectovaginal Endometriosis /Ian J. Adam --33.Stomas /Mark Cheetham --34.Intensive Care: The Basics /Jonathon R. Goodall --35.Critical Care Scoring Systems /Andrew Fisher and Dermot Burke --36.Surgical Fluid Management /Sophie E. Noblett and Alan F. Horgan --37.Colonic Bleeding /Rachael Lawrence and Helen O'Grady --38.Fecal Peritonitis /Arun Loganathan and John E. Hartley --39.Large Bowel Obstruction /Malcolm Wilson --40.Miscellaneous (Non-IBD) Colitides /Paul Turner and Ian Botterill --41.Colon and Rectal Trauma /Jeff Garner --42.Postoperative Complications /Sonia Lockwood and Jon Armitage.
- Controversies in gastrointestinal tumor therapy 2004., Karger
- Crohn's disease 2010, SpringerEtiology / Marzia Marrollo, Alessandro Armuzzi and Fabio Zannoni -- Epidemiology / Marina Rizzi -- Genetics / Marco Castori and Paola Grammatico -- The Role of the Pathologist in the Management of Patients with Crohn's Disease / Roberto Pisa, Maria Cristina Macciomei and Alvaro Leone -- Clinical Presentation / Anna Kohn, Caterina Maria Camastra, Rita Monterubbianesi and Marina Rizzi -- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Role of Endoscopy / Arnaldo Andreoli, Patrizia Meddi, Paolo Pantanella and Antonio Tesi -- Laboratory Tests / Giuseppe Famularo and Giovanni Minisola -- Imaging / Loredana Adami, Maurizio Atzori, Paola Cerro, Andrea Cortese and Pasquale Ialongo, et al. -- Diagnosis of Anorectal Disease / Pasquale Ialongo, Loredana Adami, Maurizio Atzori, Cesare Hassan and Andrea Cortese, et al. -- Role of Interventional Radiology / Francesco Colucci, Paolo Agresti, Stefano Pieri, Maurizio Morucci and Lorenzo de' Medici -- Standard Therapeutic Approach / Roberto Mangiarotti -- New Therapies / Maria Lia Scribano and Maria Laura Annunziata -- Cell and Stem-Cell Therapies of Crohn's Disease and Complications / Luca Pierelli, Sergio Rutella and Giuseppina Bonanno -- Surgical Treatment / Roberto Tersigni -- Crohn's Disease in Children / Salvatore Cucchiara and Laura Stronati -- Perianal Disease / Luciano Alessandroni -- Crohn's Disease and Pregnancy / Claudio Donadio, Rocco Cosintino, Giuliano Rigon, Claudio Donadio and Fabrizio Signore -- Rheumatological Manifestations of Crohn's Disease / Giovanni Minisola and Giuseppe Famularo -- Cutaneous Manifestations / Luciano Alessandroni and Andrea Scotti -- Ocular Manifestations / Vincenzo Petitti and Stefano Tamburi -- Hepatopathologies / Leone Nauri -- Infectious Complications / Nicola Petrosillo and Cecilia M. J. Drapeau -- Kidney Disease / Margherita Rosa and Salvatore Di Giulio -- Crohn's Disease and Cancer / Fabio Calabrò and Cora N. Sternberg -- Crohn's Disease and Malignant Lymphomas / Valerio Zoli, Anna Proia and Ignazio Majolino -- Psychological and Social Aspects / Susan Levenstein and Vilma Varvo.
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis 2012, Springer
- Liver and biliary system -- Pancreas -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Spleen -- Mesentery, omentum, and peritoneum -- Kidneys, ureter, and bladder -- Pelvis -- Retroperitoneum and adrenal glands -- Abdominal wall.
- CT colonography atlas 2013, SpringerNormal colon -- Anatomical variants: positional anomalies of colon -- Pitfalls in imaging -- Diverticular disease -- Lipomatous lesions of the colon -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyps: pedunculated -- Sessile polyps -- Flat lesion -- Colon cancer -- Rectal cancer -- The ileocecal valve -- Operated large bowel.
- CT of the acute abdomen 2011, Springer
- CT of the retroperitoneum 2014, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the continuously evolving field of dual-energy CT (DECT). An introductory section presents information on the physical and technical background of DECT and considers nonspecific and specific software advantages. Clinical applications of DECT in the evaluation of retroperitoneal viscera are then addressed in detail with the help of high-quality illustrations. Particular attention is devoted to the most recent DECT study protocols, software, and applications in aortic, renal, pancreatic, and adrenal disease. A number of case studies are reported that elucidate the advantages of DECT, and the relevant literature is extensively discussed. The book closes by considering radiation dose and dose-saving measures. The simple and practical approach offered by this book will assist radiologists in the optimal routine use and interpretation of DECT in different retroperitoneal sites and radiology technologists in the choice of settings and parameters.
- Current diagnosis & treatment, gastroenterology, hepatology, & endoscopy 2012, AccessMedicine
- Diagnostic endosonography 2014, SpringerThe available textbooks on endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) typically focus on technique and interpretation of commonly observed images and scenarios and are aimed primarily at trainees. However, independent practitioners of EUS are often challenged by unusual cases which they are expected to handle competently despite the absence of authoritative guidance. The Diagnostic Endosonography aims to fill this gap by presenting carefully selected cases that will expand the practitioner's knowledge base and cover important clinical challenges. The case material is organized principally according to anatomic site. Approximately 170 case reports are included, each of which is accompanied by an average of three to five high-quality EUS images; in addition, CT and PET scans are shown when appropriate. For each case, the case description is followed by helpful 'teaching points' as well as up-to-date literature references and suggestions for future research.
- Diarrhea 2011, SpringerDefinition, epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical classification, and differential diagnosis of diarrhea -- Infectious gastroenteritis and colitis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Eosinophilic enteritis -- Microscopic colitis -- Food allergy -- Protein-losing enteropathies -- Radiation enterocolitis -- Congenital disorders of digestion and absorption -- Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency -- Bacterial overgrowth -- Celiac disease -- Whipple disease -- Surgical conditions presenting with diarrhea -- Chronic diarrheal disorders due to endocrine neoplasms -- Diarrhea from enterotoxins -- Factitious diarrhea -- Chronic idiopathic diarrhea -- Irritable bowel syndrome -- Functional diarrhea (non-specific chronic diarrhea, toddler diarrhea) -- Diarrhea related to non-neoplastic endocrine diseases -- Alcohol-related diarrhea -- Drug-induced diarrhea -- Runner's diarrhea -- Evaluation of patients with diarrhea and timing of referral -- Empiric treatment of chronic diarrhea -- Probiotics for diarrheal diseases.
- Digestive involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases 2008, ScienceDirectThe book "The digestive system in systemic autoimmune diseases" represents the state-of-the-art in the field of digestive disorders in the most common systemic autoimmune diseases. The volume consists of an introductory chapter on imaging techniques in digestive diseases, followed by eight chapters on digestive manifestations in specific systemic autoimmune diseases. The final five chapters deal with digestive diseases with an autoimmune pathogenesis and systemic manifestations. International in scope, the table of contents reads like a Who's who in clinical research on systemic autoimmune diseases. More than 20 contributors from the European Union, the United States, Mexico and South Africa share their knowledge in this detailed volume. *One book of leading international clinical and scientific experts on autoimmune and digestive diseases. *A practical guide to the identification, diagnosis and treatment of digestive involvement in patients with autoimmune diseases that will be useful for all medical specialties. *Several diseases and conditions not included in other text books are included, some of which are of recent emergence. *Each chapter is designed to serve as a Guide to Clinical Practice for each disease.
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2006, Springer
- Diseases of the liver in children 2014, Springer
- Diversity of gastric carcinoma 2005, Springer
- DNA alterations in lynch syndrome 2013, SpringerLynch syndrome (LS) is the most common cause of inherited colorectal cancer, a disease with a high mortality rate. An estimated 37,000 of diagnosed colorectal cancer cases worldwide are attributed to Lynch syndrome each year. Intensive cancer screening, with early initiation and frequent follow-up, can reduce colorectal cancer incidence and mortality in LS patients. This book provides an up-to-date overview on the genetic and epigenetic basis of Lynch syndrome. It evaluates clinical features of the disease and critically comments on molecular tools available for identifying mutations responsible for Lynch syndrome; in addition the importance of functional assays that can help clarify the clinical nature of identified mutations is also discussed. The book also focuses on challenges in genetic counselling of at-risk individuals and discusses related ethical issues. The purpose of the book is to give a concise knowledge base for the broader scientific and medical community, including genetic counselors, in order to improve awareness on the potential impact that the diagnosis of LS has on treatment, management and surveillance of LS patients.
- Double-balloon endoscopy 2006, Springer
- Drug-induced liver disease. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectI. Mechanisms of liver injury. Drug-induced liver injury / Neil Kaplowitz -- Cytochrome P450 activation of toxins and hepatotoxicity / F. Peter Guengerich -- Mechanistic role of acyl glucuronides / Howard Horng, Hilde Spahn-Langguth, and Leslie Z. Benet -- Oxidant stress, antioxidant defense, and liver injury / Mitchell R. McGill and Hartmut Jaeschke -- Hepatotoxicity due to mitochondrial injury / John J. Lemasters -- Mechanisms of cell death and relevance to drug toxicity / Lily Dara, Derick Han, and Neil Kaplowitz -- Role of membrane transport in hepatotoxicity and pathogenesis of drug-induced cholestasis / Bruno Stieger and Gerd A. Kullak-Ublick -- Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and liver injury / Laurie D. Deleve -- Macrophages and kupffer cells in drug-induced liver injury / Mark Barnes ... [et al.] -- Role of inflammation in drug-induced liver injury / Robert A. Roth and Patricia E. Ganey -- Role of the adaptive immmune system in idiosyncratic drug-induced liver injury / Jack Uetrecht -- Role of tissue repair and death proteins in liver injury / Harihara M. Mehendale -- Genetic factors in the pathogenesis of drug-induced liver injury / Ann K. Daly and Christopher P. Day -- II. Diagnosis and management. Clinical manifestations and management of drug-induced liver diseases / Willis C. Maddrey -- Histopathological evaluationof drug-induced liver disease / David E. Kleiner -- Risk factors for drug-induced liver disease / Raj Vuppalanchi and Maga Chalasani -- Biomarkers for drug-induced liver injury / Paul B. Watkins -- Causality assessment / M. Isabel Lucena ... [et al.] -- III. Hepatotoxicity of specifid drugs. Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver disease / Jack A. Hinson -- Acetaminophen / Laura P. James -- Mechanisms underlying the hepatotoxicity of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs / Urs A. Boelsterli -- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and leukotriene receptor antagonists / James H. Kewis and Jonathan G. Stine -- Mechanism, pathology, and clinical presentation of hepatotoxicity of anesthetic agents / J. Gerald Kenna -- Anticonvulsant agents / Munir Pirmohamed and J. Steven Leeder -- Hepatotoxicity of psychotropic drugs and drugs of abuse / Dominique Larrey and Marie-Pierre Ripault -- Hepatotoxicity of antimicrobials and antifungal agents / Richard H. Moseley -- Hepatotoxicity of antitubercular drugs / Sumita Verma and Neil Kaplowitz -- Hepatotoxicity of antiviral agents / Marina Núñez -- Hepatotoxicity of cardiovascular and antidiabetic drugs / Dina Halegoua-De Marzio and Victor J. Navarro -- Cancer chemotherpay / Laurie D. Deleve -- Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressive drugs / Adrian Reuben -- Hepatotoxicity related to methotrexate / Guruprasad P. Aithal -- Adverse effects of hormones and hormone antagonists on the liver / Shivakumar Chitturi and Geoffrey C. Farrell -- Mushroom poisoning / François Durand and Dominique Valla -- Hepatotoxicity of herbals and dietary supplements / Leonard Seeff, Felix Stickel, and Victor J. Navarro -- Occupational and environmental hepatotoxicity / Keith G. Tolman and Anthony S. Dalpiaz -- Chronic liver disease from drugs / Einar S. Björnsson -- IV. Future directions. Regulatory perspectives / Mark I. Avigan -- Drug-induced liver injury research networks / Robert J. Fontana -- LiverTox / Jay H. Hoofnagle.
- Dyspepsia in clinical practice 2011, Springer
- Dysphagia 2012, SpringerPart I.Anatomy and Physiology --Anatomy and Physiology /Olle Ekberg and Göran Nylander --Saliva and the Control of Its Secretion /Jörgen Ekström, Nina Khosravani, Massimo Castagnola and Irene Messana --Feeding and Respiration /Olle Ekberg, Anna I. Hårdemark Cedborg, Katarina Bodén, Hanne Witt Hedström and Richard Kuylenstierna, et al. --Oral and Pharyngeal Function and Dysfunction /Olle Ekberg --Part II.Evaluation of Symptoms --Evaluation of Symptoms /Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert --Neurology of Swallowing and Dysphagia /Mario Prosiegel --Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Globus, and Dysphagia /Jacqui Allen and Peter C. Belafsky --Pediatric Aspect of Dysphagia /Pascale Fichaux Bourin, Michèle Puech and Virginie Woisard --Dysphagia in Systemic Disease /Thomas Mandl and Olle Ekberg --The Geriatric Pharynx and Esophagus /Olle Ekberg --Voice and Dysphagia /Daniele Farneti --Psychiatric Aspects of Dysphagia /Margareta Bülow --Part III.Imaging and other Examination Techniques --The Clinical and Radiological Approach to Dysphagia /Peter Pokieser and Martina Scharitzer --Imaging Techniques and Some Principles of Interpretation (Including Radiation Physics) /Olle Ekberg --Pharyngeal Morphology /Stephen E. Rubesin --Morphology of the Esophagus /Marc S. Levine and Arastoo Vossough --The Pediatric Esophagus /Jane E. Benson --Pharyngeal Manometry /Rolf Olsson --Esophageal Manometry and Gastroesophageal Reflux Monitoring /Karin Aksglæde, Per Thommesen and Peter Funch-Jensen --Impedance Planimetry /Johannes Lenglinger --Radiologic Evaluation of Esophageal Function /Wolfgang Schima, Edith Eisenhuber and Christiane Kulinna-Cosentini --Neuroimaging in Patients with Dysphagia /Kasim Abul-Kasim --Cross-Sectional Imaging of the Oesophagus Using CT and PET/Techniques /Ahmed Ba-Ssalamah, Barbara J. Fueger and Wolfgang Schima --Endoscopy of the Pharynx and Esophagus /Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert and Rainer Schöfl --Part IV.Treatment --The Therapeutic Swallowing Study /Margareta Bülow and Bonnie Martin-Harris --Surgical Aspects of Pharyngeal Dysfunction, Dysphagia, and Aspiration /Hans F. Mahieu and Martijn P. Kos --The Post-Operative Pharynx and Larynx /Anita Wuttge-Hannig and Christian Hannig --Dysphagia Evaluation and Treatment After Head and Neck Surgery and/or Chemo-radiotherapy for Head and Neck Malignancies /Antonio Schindler, Francesco Mozzanica and Filippo Barbiera --Behavioural Treatment of Oropharyngeal Dysphagia: Bolus Modification and Management, Sensory and Motor Behavioural Techniques, Postural Adjustments, and Swallow Manoeuvres /Renée Speyer --Rheological Aspects of Swallowing and Dysphagia /Edmundo Brito-de la Fuente, Olle Ekberg and Críspulo Gallegos --The Dietitian's Role in Diagnosis and Treatment of Dysphagia /S. Burton, A. Laverty and M. Macleod --Direct and Indirect Therapy: Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Dysphagia After Stroke /Satish Mistry, Emilia Michou, Dipesh H. Vasant and Shaheen Hamdy --Intervention on the Esophagus /Jason D. Conway, David J. Ott and Michael Y. Chen --The Importance of Enteral Nutrition /Christina Stene and Bengt Jeppsson --Part V.Complications --Complications of Oropharyngeal Dysphagia: Malnutrition and Aspiration Pneumonia /Silvia Carrión, Eric Verin, Pere Clavé and Alessandro Laviano --Dehydration in Dysphagia /Zeno Stanga, Samuel Hannes Baldinger and Pere Clavé.
- EAES guidelines for endoscopic surgery 2006, Springer
- Early gastrointestinal cancers 2012, SpringerClinically relevant study end points in rectal cancer -- Neoadjuvant treatment in rectal cancer : do we always need radiotherapy or can we risk assess locally advanced rectal cancer better? -- Treatment dilemmas in patients with synchronous colorectal liver metastases -- Pancreatic surgery : beyond the traditional limits -- Adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer -- Radiotherapy of the pancreas : state of the art in 2012 -- Adenocarcinoma of the GEJ : gastric or oesophageal cancer? -- Why is there a change in patterns of GE cancer? -- Endoscopic treatment for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma -- Open or minimally invasive resection for oesophageal cancer? -- Choosing the best treatment for esophageal cancer -- Multimodal therapy of GEJ cancer : when is the definitive radiochemotherapy the treatment of choice? -- Radiotherapy of gastroesophageal junction cancer -- Optimizing neoadjuvant chemotherapy through the use of early response evaluation by positron emission tomography -- Optimal surgery for gastric cancer : is more always better? -- Can adjuvant chemoratiotherapy replace extended lymph node dissection in gastric cancer? -- Predicting the response to chemotherapy in gastric adenocarcinoma : who benefits from neoadjuvant chemotherapy? -- Prediction of response and prognosis by a score including only pretherapeutic parameters in 410 neoadjuvant treated gastric cancer patients -- Adjuvant chemotherapy : an option for Asian patients only? -- Selecting the best treatment for an individual patient.
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen 2012, SpringerThe term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- Endoscopic follow-up of digestive anastomosis 2014, Springer
- Endoscopic oncology 2006, SpringerBarrett's esophagus : screening, diagnosis, and management / Glenn M. Eisen -- Endoscopic screening for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus / Brian C. Jacobson -- Image enhancement endoscopy / Stephan M. Wildi and Michael B. Wallace -- Staging of esophageal cancer / Jason Vollweiler and Gregory Zuccaro, Jr. -- Endoscopic therapy for early esophageal cancer and premalignant lesions in Barrett's esophagus / Granapathy A. Prasad and Kenneth K. Wang -- Endoscopic therapy for advanced esophageal cancer / Sanjay Jagannath and Marcia I. Canto -- Radiological imaging of the upper gastrointestinal tract / Marc S. Levine -- Esophageal cancer therapy : surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy / John M. Holland and Christopher A. Canning -- Premalignant lesions of the stomach / Omid A. Shaye and Andrew Ippoliti -- Gastric polyps / George A. Makar and Gregory G. Ginsberg -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging gastric cancer / Gregory Olds and Amitabh Chak -- Endoscopic treatment for gastric cancer / Takuji Gotoda and Roy M. Soetikno -- Diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal lymphoma / John G. Kuldau, Peter R. Holman, and Thomas J. Savides -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors / Raquel E. Davila -- Carcinoid tumors / Wilscott E. Naugler and Gordon C. Hunt -- Medical and surgical therapy for gastric cancer / Diane Hershock -- Colorectal cancer screening / Jason A. Dominitz and William M. Grady --Polyposis and familial cancer syndromes / Fernando S. Velayos, Madhulika G. Varma, and Jonathan P. Terdiman -- Endoscopic colon surveillance : post-polypectomy, post-colorectal cancer resection, and inflammatory bowel disease / Douglas B. Nelson and Mandeep S. Sawhney -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging rectal and anal cancer / Deepak V. Gopal -- Endoscopic therapy of colorectal carcinoma / Vaman Jakribettuu and Yang K. Chen -- Radiological imaging of the lower gastrointestinal tract / Steven E. Rubesin -- Current status of colorectal cancer therapy / John Strother ... [et al.] -- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas / William R. Brugge -- Diagnosis and evaluation of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma / Kenneth H. Yu and Nuzhat A. Ahmad -- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas : endoscopic palliation / Georgios I. Papachristou, Kevin McGrath, and Adam Slivka -- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors / Erik-Jan Wamsteker and James M. Scheiman -- Endoscopic diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinoma / Vanessa M. Shami and Irving Waxman -- Ampullary neoplasia / Ian D. Norton -- Magnetic resonance imaging of neoplasms of the pancreatobiliary system / Evan S. Siegelman and Wendy C. Hsu -- Medical and surgical therapy of pancreatic cancer / Weijing Sun, Jon Morris, and Jeffrey Drebin -- Endoscopic ultrasound for thoracic disease / Timothy Woodward, Massimo Raimondo, and Michael B. Wallace.
- Endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus 2009, SpringerNew technologies for imaging of Barrett's esophagus -- Argon plasma coagulation in Barrett's esophagus: the most widely available technique -- Radiofrequency ablation for eradication of Barrett's esophagus: a description of the endoscopic technique, its clinical results, and future prospects -- Decision making in ablation: disease, patients, and institutional factors -- Multipolar electrocoagulation (MPEC): an early, widely available technique -- Endoscopic mucosal resection in Barrett's esophagus: endoscopic surgery -- Combination: multimodal therapy -- Photodynamic therapy (PDT): the best-validated technique -- Cyroablation of Barrett's esophagus -- Cost-effectiveness of endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus.
- Endoscopy in the diagnosis of small intestine diseases 2014, SpringerThe purpose of this book is to improve diagnostic yields of capsule endoscopy and double-balloon endoscopy, because those procedures can depict nonspecific findings that may not lead to a proper diagnosis. Another reason for the publication was recognition of the difficulty in distinguishing enteroscopic findings of ulcerative colitis from those of Crohn's disease. From a practical point of view, it is important to observe endoscopic pictures first, then to compare the images of other modalities, and finally to compare macroscopic pictures of resected specimens. For that reason, a large number of well-depicted examples of small intestinal lesions were assembled to clarify differences among small intestinal lesions that appear to exhibit similar findings and morphologies. Comparisons with radiographic findings comprise another important element in diagnosis. There are limitations in endoscopic observations of gross lesions of the small intestine, with its many convolutions. In Japan, many institutions still practice double-contrast imaging, which provides beautiful results. Because a single disorder may exhibit variations, this volume includes multiple depictions of the same disorders. Also included are lesions in active and inactive phases, as both appearances are highly likely to be encountered simultaneously in clinical practice. The number of illustrated findings therefore has been limited to strictly selected cases.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis 2012, Springer
- Epidemiology of alimentary diseases 2005, Springer
- Extracellular matrix and the liver 2003, ScienceDirect
- Fecal incontinence 2007, Springer
- Fibrocystic diseases of the liver 2010, SpringerEmbryology and development of the ductal plate / Clifford W. Bogue -- Cholangiocyte biology as relevant to cystic liver diseases / Silvia Lecchi ... [et al.] -- Cholangiocyte cilia and basal bodies / Tatyana V. Masyuk, Anatoliy I. Masyuk, and Nicholas F. LaRusso -- Genetics of fibrocystic diseases of the liver and molecular approaches to therapy / Maya Tuchman, William A. Gahl, and Meral Gunay-Aygun -- Radiologic findings in the fibrocystic diseases / Orpheus Kolokythas and Grace Phillips -- Pathology of fibrocystic diseases of the liver / Camtu D. Nguyen Truong and Matthew M. Yeh -- Alagille Syndrome and JAGGED1/NOTCH sequence / Binita M. Kamath, Kathleen M. Loomes, and David A Piccoli -- Biliary atresia and the ductal plate / Ronald J. Sokol and Cara L. Mack --Nephronophthisis and renal-hepatic-pancreatic dysplasia of Ivemark / David A. Myers and Jordan M. Symons -- Meckel and Joubert syndromes / Melissa A. Parisi, Laura S. Finn, and Ian A. Glass -- Bardet-Biedl and Jeune syndromes / Aoife M. Waters and Philip L Beales -- Congenital disorders of glycosylation and their effects on the liver / Erik A. Eklund and Hudson H. Freeze -- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease / Jodi M. Smith and Ruth A. McDonald -- Caroli disease, Caroli syndrome, and Congenital hepatic fibrosis / Ronen Arnon, Henrietta Kotlus Rosenberg, and Frederick J. Suchy -- Simple hepatic cysts/choledochal cysts / André A. S. Dick and Patrick J. Healey -- Autosomal dominant polycystic liver disease / Qi Qian, Vicente E. Torres, and Stefan Somlo -- Echinococcal/Hydatid cysts of the liver / Paul S. Pottinger, Austin Spitzer, and Raymond R. Yeung -- Miscellaneous cystic lesions of the liver / Iris W. Liou -- Vascular complications of fibrocystic liver disease / Maarouf Hoteit and Patrick S. Kamath -- Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma / Paolo Del Poggio, Ezio Pezzica, and Daniela Corti -- Cholangitis / Shayan Irani and Richard Kozarek -- Surgical management of fibrocystic liver disease / Meelie DebRoy.
- Fluorescent imaging 2013, KargerHistory and basic technique of fluorescence imaging for hepatobiliary-pancreatic surgery / Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Identification of hepatocellular carcinoma / Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Identification of metastatic liver cancer / Lim, C.; Vibert, E. -- Identification of occult liver metastases / Yokoyama, N.; Otani, T. -- Application of fluorescence imaging to hepatopancreatobiliary surgery / Hutteman, M.; Verbeek, F.P.R.; Vahrmeijer, A.L. -- Applications of indocyanine green fluorescence imaging to liver transplantation / Kawaguchi, Y.; Ishizawa, T.; Kokudo, N. -- Staining of liver segments / Aoki, T.; Murakami, M. -- Visualization of cholecystic venous flow for hepatic resection in gallbladder carcinoma / Kai, K. -- Fluorescence cholangiography in open surgery / Mitsuhashi, N.; Shimizu, H.; Miyazaki, M. -- Fluorescence cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy : experience in Japan / Tagaya, N. [and six others] -- Fluorescence cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy experience in Argentina / Dip, F. [and five others] -- Novel laparoscopic fluorescence imaging for identification of pancreatic and hepatobiliary cancer / Bouvet, M.; Hoffman, R.M. -- Novel fluorescent probes for identification of liver cancer and pancreatic leak / Yamashita, S. [and six others] -- Novel fluorescent probes for intraoperative cholangiography / Vinegoni, C. [and five others] -- Endomicroscopic examination using fluorescent probes / Goetz, M.
- Focal liver lesions 2005, Springer
- Free radical biology in digestive diseases 2011, KargerFree radicals and lipid peroxidation / Niki, E. -- Mitochondria as source of free radicals / Majima, H.J. ... [et al.] -- The Nox family of NADPH oxidases that deliberately produce reactive oxygen species / Sumimoto, H., Minakami, R., Miyano, K. -- Neutrophil-dependent oxidative stress in inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases / Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Oxidative DNA damage and carcinogenesis / Jiang, L., Toyokuni, S. -- Plasma marker of oxidative stress in circulation and in tissue / Yamamoto, Y. -- Immunochemical detection of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-specific epitopes / Uchida, K. -- Carbon monoxide-dependent regulation of microvascular function : one gas regulates another / Suematsu, M., Kajimura, M., Kabe, Y. -- Nrf2-Keap1 signaling as a prime chemopreventive target for antioxidative and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals / Surh, Y.-J. -- Free radicals and gastric mucosal injury / Ock, C.Y. ... [et al.] -- Free radicals in helicobacter pylori infection / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Free radical and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced small intestinal injury / Handa, O., Naito, Y. -- Free radicals in inflammatory bowel disease / Takagi, T., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Free radicals and chronic hepatitis C / Sakaida, I -- Free radicals and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease/nonalcoholic steatohepatitis / Sumida, Y., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Role of free radicals in pancreatitis / Hamada, S., Shimosegawa, T. -- Free radicals and cancer treatment / Kokura, S.
- Frontiers in celiac disease 2008, KargerHistorical perspective of celiac disease / Guandalini, S. -- Natural history of celiac disease / Kaukinen, K.; Collin, P.; Mäki, M. -- The changing clinical presentation of celiac disease / Lebenthal, E.; Shteyer, E.; Branski, D. -- The global village of celiac disease / Catassi, C.; Yachha, S.K. -- HLA and non-HLA genes in celiac disease / Zhernakova, A.; Wijmenga, C. -- Twins and family contribution to genetics of celiac disease / Greco, L.; Stazi, M.A.; Clerget-Darpoux, F. -- Biochemistry and biological properties of gliadin peptides / Barone, M.V.; Auricchio, S. -- Innate immunity and celiac disease / Meresse, B. ... [et al.] -- Celiac disease: across the threshold of tolerance / Koning, F. -- The role of the intestinal barrier function in the pathogenesis of celiac disease / Fasano, A.; Schulzke, J.D. -- Diagnosis of coeliac disease: open questions / Auricchio, R.; Troncone, R. -- Current guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease / Caicedo, R.A.; Hill, I.D. -- Current therapy / Stern, M. -- Update on the management of refractory coeliac disease / Al-toma, A.; Verbeek, W.H.M.; Mulder, C.J.J. -- The National Institutes of Health consensus conference report / Cohen, M.B.; Barnard, J.A. -- Beyond coeliac disease toxicity: detoxified and non-toxic grains / Gilissen, L.J.W.J.; van der Meer, I.M.; Smulders, M.J.M. -- Oral glutenase therapy for celiac sprue / Ehren, J.; Khosla, C. -- Inhibitors of intestinal barrier dysfunction / Paterson, B.M.; Turner, J.R. -- Development of a vaccine for celiac disease / Anderson, R.P. -- Regulatory T cells in the coeliac intestinal mucosa: a new perspective for treatment? / Gianfrani, C. ... [et al.] -- Strategies for prevention of celiac disease / Hogen Esch, C.E. ... [et al.] -- Towards preventing celiac disease: an epidemiological approach / Ivarsson, A.; Myléus, A.; Wall, S. -- Animal models of celiac disease / Marietta, E.V.; Murray J.A.; David C.S.
- Frontiers in viral hepatitis 2003, ScienceDirect
- Frozen section library. Appendix, colon, and anus 2010, SpringerIntraoperative evaluation of colorectal specimens containing cancer -- Intraoperative evaluation for extracolonic disease in colon cancer patients -- Metastases and mimics of colorectal carcinoma -- Non-epithelial tumors of the colorectum -- Frozen section assessment of the colorectum in the pediatric population -- Frozen section evaluation of the appendix -- Frozen section evaluation of anal disease.
- Frozen section library. Pancreas 2011, Springer
- Abdominal imaging ......................
- — Frozen section library. Pancreas .......
- Functional and GI motility disorders ...
- — MRI of the gastrointestinal tract ......
- MRI of the liver. 2nd ed. ..............
- — Viral hepatitis. 1st ed. ...............
- Virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. ...........
- — Zakim and Boyer's hepatology. 6th ed. ..
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases