Books by Subject
- Abdominal imaging — Digestive involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases (132)
- Disease recurrence after liver transplantation : natural history, treatment and survival — Intestinal failure and rehabilitation : a clinical guide (132)
- Intestinal microbiota in health and disease : modern concepts — Pathology of the esophagus : an atlas and textbook. 2nd ed. (132)
- Pediatric critical care medicine. Volume 3, Gastroenterological, endocrine, renal, hematologic, oncologic and immune systems. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Zoom gastroscopy : magnifying endoscopy in the stomach (130)
- 2013 SpringerBernd Hamm, Pablo R. Ros, editors.In this book a team of leading experts come together to provide a comprehensive overview of modern imaging of the abdomen and pelvis, with detailed sections on both gastrointestinal and genitourinary imaging. Each chapter has an identical structure and focuses on a particular organ or organ system, allowing the reader to approach the field one topic at a time. Indications for a variety of imaging techniques and examination protocols are clearly described, and the imaging features of normal anatomy and pathologic entities are depicted in an abundance of high-quality images. Care is taken to consider all recent technical developments and new indications, and the diagnostic performance of different imaging modalities is carefully compared. It is anticipated that this book will come to be regarded as the standard work of reference on abdominal and pelvic radiology.
- 2017 ClinicalKey[edited by] Dushyant V. Sahani, Anthony E. Samir.
- 2013 Wileyedited by Gabriel C. Oniscu, MD, FRCS, John L. Forsythe, MD, FRCS, John Fung, MD, PhD.Provides transplant professionals with a step-wise approach to abdominal organ retrieval and bench surgery, illustrating complex anatomical situations and providing practice points and decision algorithms. A go-to reference for transplant surgeons, trainees and fellows, as well as for other professionals involved in abdominal organ transplantation.
- Abdominal solid organ transplantation : immunology, indications, techniques, and early complications2015 SpringerAntonio Daniele Pinna, Giorgio Ercolani, editors.1. Immunosuppression in solid organ transplantation -- 2. Infection Complications after Abdominal Organ Transplantation -- 3. National Transplant Network. Donor selection and evaluation criteria -- 4. The safety of donor -- 5. Medical disease after abdominal solid organ transplantation and the risk of solid and hematologic malignant tumor after transplantation) -- 6 Indication and timing -- 7. The donor procurement -- 8. Orthotopic liver transplantation -- 9. Anesthetic and perioperative management for liver transplantation -- 10 Living donor liver transplantation -- 11. Hepatic Acute and chronic rejection -- 12. Postoperative technical complications -- 13. Percutaneous management of biliary and vascular complications -- 14. Re-transplantation (Causes, Outcome) -- 15. Indication and timing -- 16. The donor procurement: Standard technique for procurement in cadaveric donors -- 17. Live donor evaluation -- 18. Living donor nephrectomy -- 19. Renal Transplantation: Surgical technique -- 20. The intraoperative and perioperative management of Kidney transplantation -- 21. Kidney acute and chronic rejection -- 22. Kidney Transplantation: Post-Operative Technical Complications -- 23. Indications and timing -- 24. The donor procurement -- 25 Transplantation -- 26 Abdominal wall transplantation and technique -- 27. Anesthetic and perioperative management for Intestinal transplantation -- 28. Segmental Living-related Small Bowel Transplantation -- 29. Intestinal Acute and Chronic rejection -- 30. Combined Kidney-Liver Transplantation -- 31. Kidney-pancreas Transplantation.
- 2014 SpringerEllen J. Hagopian, Junji Machi, editors.Abdominal Ultrasound for Surgeons provides a comprehensive guide to the use of ultrasonography in surgical practice of abdominal diseases. The content is divided into three major sections focusing on basic principles of ultrasound, ultrasound anatomy and pathology of the abdomen, and employment of ultrasound of the abdomen in surgical practice. A final section is dedicated to the logistics of incorporating ultrasound into a surgical practice. The first section provides an introduction to the principles of ultrasonography focusing on ultrasound physics, equipment, and instrumentation. A detailed approach to the various scanning methods and image interpretation is demonstrated with illustrations, images, and video. The second section focuses on ultrasound anatomy of the abdomen. Each chapter demonstrates the normal and abnormal ultrasound anatomy of specific abdominal organ or organ systems (abdominal wall, liver, pancreas, biliary, stomach, anorectum, retroperitoneum, vascular) with illustrations and images. The current status and technique of endoscopic ultrasound of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tracks is addressed in this section. The third section provides a state-of-the-art review of the status of each major application of abdominal ultrasound in surgery. Topics range from trauma ultrasound and laparoscopic staging to techniques in ultrasound guidance and three-dimensional targeting. This section provides a comprehensive review of the employment of interventional, intraoperative, laparoscopic, transabdominal and endoscopic ultrasound. The fourth and last section addresses the practice aspects of incorporation of ultrasound into a surgical practice. Abdominal Ultrasound for Surgeons will serve as a very useful resource and guide for surgeons and students with little to some experience in ultrasound, including practicing surgeons, surgical fellows, and surgical residents.
- 2016 SpringerP. Marco Fisichella, Fernando A.M. Herbella, Marco G. Patti, editors.
- 2014 SpringerGoran Augustin.Part I. Surgery -- 1. Acute Appendicitis -- 2. Acute Biliary Tract Diseases -- 3. Acute Pancreatitis -- 4. Nontraumatic Gastroduodenal Perforations -- 5. Symptomatic Abdominal Wall Hernias -- 6. Symptomatic Diaphragmatic Hernia -- 7. Intestinal Obstruction -- 8. Acute Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- 9. Spleen -- 10. Abdominal Trauma -- 11. Miscellaneous Conditions -- Part II. Gynecology -- 12. Adnexal Torsion -- 13. (Isolated) Torsion of the Fallopian Tube -- 14. Ruptured/Bleeding Ovarian Cysts/Tumors -- 15. Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy -- 16. Spontaneous Uterine Rupture -- 17. Torsion of the Gravid Uterus -- 18. Degenerating Uterine Myomas -- 19. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.
- 2010 SpringerPaul M. Schneider (ed.).
- 2007 Springeredited by Giamila Fantuzzi, Theodore Mazzone ; foreword by Andrew P. Goldberg and Susan K. Fried.The adipose organ / Saverio Cinti -- Metabolism of white adipose tissue / Michel Beylot -- Leptin / Malaka B. Jackson and Rexford S. Ahima -- Adiponectin / Aimin Xu, Yu Wang, and Karen S.L. Lam -- Vasoactive factors and inflammatory mediators produced in adipose tissue / Gema Frohbeck -- Regulation of the immune response by leptin / Victor Sanchez-Margalet ... [et al.] -- Leptin in autoimmune disease / Giuseppe Matarese -- Leptin and gastrointestinal inflammation / Arvind Batra and Britta Siegmund -- Adiponectin and inflammation / Yuji Matsuzawa -- Macrophages, adipocytes, and obesity / Anthony W. Ferrante, Jr. -- Interactions of adipose and lymphoid tissues / Caroline M. Pond -- Adipose tissue and mast cells: adipokines as Yin-Yang modulators of inflammation / George N. Chaldakov ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow adipose tissue / Patrick Laharrague and Louis Castella -- Environmental aspects of obesity / Lisa Diewald, Myles S. Faith, and Meredith S. Dolan -- The genetics of obesity: five fundamental problems with the famine hypothesis / John R. Speakman -- Developmental perspectives on the origins of obesity / Cristopher W. Kuzawa, Peter D. Gluckman, and Mark A. Hanson -- The epidemiology of obesity / Carol A. Braunschweig -- Inherited and acquired lipodystrophies: disorders of adipose tissue, development, differentiation, and death / Vinaja Simha and Anil Agarwal -- Mechanisms of cachexia / Robert H. Mak and Wai W. Cheung -- Adipose tissue and insulin resistance / Stephen E. Borst -- Adipokines in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Ancha Baranova and Zobair M. Younossi -- Adiposity and cancer / Eugenia E. Calle -- Obesity and cardiovascular disease / Alison M. Morris, Paul Poirier, and Robert H. Eckel -- Obesity and asthma / Elisabeth Luder -- Adiposity and kidney disease / Srinivasan Beddhu and Bonnie Ching-Ha Kwan -- Obesity and joint disease / Andrew J. Teichtahl, Anita E. Wluka, and Flavia M. Cicuttini -- Effect of weight loss on disease / Sergio Jose Bardaro, Dennis Hong, and Lee Swanstrom.
- 2014 SpringerGiamila Fantuzzi, Theodore Mazzone, editors.The field of adipose tissue biology has been expanding at a very rapid pace in the last few years. Numerous advances have been made since publication of the first edition of this book, in terms of basic adipocyte biology, understanding of the determinants of obesity, distribution of body fat and weight loss, as well as the mechanisms linking excess adiposity to various co-morbidities. Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease, Second Edition contains updated chapters from the previous volume but as the field has evolved, some areas covered in the first edition have been refocused to address the new knowledge. The volume is divided in four sections: the first two deal with basic adipose tissue and adipokine biology, while the last two address the problem of obesity and alterations in adipose tissue function from an epidemiological and clinical standpoint. The chapters are written by experts in their fields and include the most up to date scientific information. Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease, Second Edition is a useful resource for physicians interested in adipose tissue biology and basic scientists who want to know more about applied aspects of the field. The book targets endocrinologists, residents and fellows, internists, nutritionists and general practitioners who are exposed to an ever-expanding obese population.
- 2014 Springeredited by Toyooki Sonoda, editor.Endoscopic Instruments -- Difficult Polpys: Conventional methods -- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) -- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) -- Combined Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery (CELS) -- Colonic Stenting -- Endoscopic Treatment of Perforations of Fistulas.
- 2014 Wileyeditor, Miranda Lomer.Physiology and function of the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary tract -- Dietary components relevant to gastrointestinal health -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Hepatobiliary disorders.
- 2015 SpringerOvunc Bardakcioglu, editor.This book bridges gap between the practicing community of surgeons and the surgical innovators, and it provides a foundation for all classic and new techniques in minimally invasive colorectal surgery. It provides tips and tricks that allow the user to move up the learning curve, manage difficult scenarios, overcome challenges, increase the utilization of minimal invasive techniques and decrease the conversion to open surgery. By enhancing the surgical tool box, the surgeon will be able to progress from the novice to the master. Rather than describing operative procedures, which may be very biased by an individual author, the guide provides alternative building blocks of various difficulty for different procedures, thereby allowing the surgeon to tailored surgery to patient and surgeon's own comfort level and experience. Advanced Techniques in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Colorectal Surgery is an inspirational guide for the innovator of the future. This text allows surgeons of all levels to better adapt to inevitable changes in future techniques. Advanced Techniques in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Colorectal Surgery is of great value to general surgeons, colon and rectal surgeons, minimally invasive surgeons as well as residents and fellows.
- 2014 SpringerJuan Manuel Suarez Grau, Juan Antonio Bellido Luque, editors.With an increase in the use of laparoscopic techniques for the treatment of abdominal wall hernias, this comprehensive book provides a detailed description of the most up-to-date techniques used in the laparoscopic repair of inguinal and ventral incisional hernias. Advances in Laparoscopy of the Abdominal Wall Hernia takes the reader step-by-step through two laparoscopic techniques used in inguinal hernia correction: Extraperitoneal (TEP) and Transabdominal (TAPP), and guides the reader through the fundamentals of ventral hernia repair. The authors aim to show methods of dealing with rarer hernias and those of atypical location. This book will also inform the reader of the various kinds of meshes used and provides knowledge on how to fix them, as well as the advantages, disadvantages and indications of this type of prosthesis. Written by experts in the field, Advances in Laparoscopy of the Abdominal Wall Hernia is a valuable reference tool to surgeons and medical practitioners working in this field.
- 2011 Future Mededitors, Helmut Friess, Norbert Hüser.Advances in pancreatic cancer treatment / Helmut Friess & Norbert Hüser -- Pathophysiology of pancreatic cancer / J. Matthias Löhr, Stephan L. Haas & Rainer Heuchel -- Molecular diagnostics in pancreatic cancer / David K. Chang, Sean M. Grimmond & Andrew V. Biankin -- Surgical therapy for pancreatic cancer / Norbert Hüser, Volker Assfalg & Helmut Friess -- Multimodal treatment concepts in pancreatic cancer / Daniel Reim, Alexander Novotny & Helmut Friess -- Consensus guidelines in pancreatic cancer treatment / Wasif Saif -- Drugs in clinical trials & future directions / Zhiqiang Huang & Donald J. Buchsbaum.
- 2007 SpringerSantiago González-Moreno, editor.Management of Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: A Short History / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- The Natural History of Free Cancer Cells in the Peritoneal Cavity / Yutaka Yonemura, Taiichi Kawamura, Etsurou Bandou, Gorou Tsukiyama and Yoshio Endou, et al. -- Pathological Evaluation and Implications of Serosal Involvement in Gastrointestinal Cancer / Linmarie Ludeman and Neil A. Shepherd -- Principles of Perioperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Peritoneal Carcinomatosis / Eelco de Bree and Dimitris D. Tsiftsis -- Experimental and Pharmacokinetic Studies in Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: From Laboratory Bench to Bedside / Eelco de Bree and Dimitris D. Tsiftsis -- Technology for the Delivery of Hyperthermic Intraoperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Survey of Techniques / Amod A. Sarnaik, Jeffrey J. Sussman, Syed A. Ahmad, Benjamin C. McIntyre and Andrew M. Lowy -- Adjuvant Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Review / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- Clinical Research Methodology in Peritoneal Surface Oncology: A Difficult Challenge / François-Noël Gilly, Olivier Glehen, Annie C. Beaujard and Eddy Cotte -- Lessons Learnt from Clinical Trials in Peritoneal Surface Oncology: Colorectal Carcinomatosis / Frans A. N. Zoetmulder and Vic J. Verwaa -- Experimental Models and Questions in Basic Science Research for Pseudomyxoma Peritonei / Laura A. Lambert, Donald H. Lambert and Paul Mansfield -- Peritoneal Carcinomatosis of Colorectal Origin: Recent Advances and Future Evolution Toward a Curative Treatment / Dominique Elias and Diane Goere -- Pathologic Characterization and Differential Diagnosis of Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma / Nelson G. Ordóñez -- Advances in Clinical Research and Management of Diffuse Peritoneal Mesothelioma / Marcello Deraco, Dario Baratti, Nadia Zaffaroni, Antonello Domenico Cabras and Shigeki Kusamura -- Advances in the Management of Gastric Cancer with Peritoneal Dissemination / Yutaka Yonemura, Taiichi Kawamura, Etsurou Bandou, Gorou Tsukiyama and Masayuki Nemoto, et al. -- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy in the Management of Ovarian Cancer / Maurie Markman.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2016 SpringerNaga Chalasani, Gyongyi Szabo, editors.
- 2012 SpringerEli D. Ehrenpreis, Shmuel Avital, Marc Singer, editors.Anal and Rectal Diseases: A Concise Manual provides a succinct reference on the subject for clinicians, including primary care physicians, gastroenterologists, general surgeons, physician's assistants and nurse practitioners. Presented in a consistent structural style that provides both a general summary of individual topics within the field along with additional details to assist those with some background knowledge in the subject area, this handy volume provides information related to the field of anorectal disease in a format that is easily accessible for rapid acquisition of knowledge. Each topic is outlined in a multidisciplinary fashion with the medical, surgical, and pathological aspects clearly detailed in each section. Each section clearly describes the condition with up-to-date management guidelines and precious clinical pearls. The volume features high quality illustrations in the form of elegant hand drawn figures, tables, photographs of physical findings, endoscopic finds and radiographs. The clinical photographs and x-rays will be of great value to gastroenterologists whose specialty is not coloproctology. Chapters on computerized tomographic colography (virtual colonoscopy) and others cover the newer technologies employed for diagnostic purposes in these diseases. Anal and Rectal Diseases: A Concise Manual provides clinicians with a tool for rapid consultation for direct patient care and management.
- 2014 SpringerHerand Abcarian, editor.1. Epidemiology, Incidence and Prevalence of Fistula in Ano / Richard L. Nelson and Herand Abcarian -- 2. Applied Anatomy / Russell K. Pearl -- 3. Relationship of Abscess to Fistula / Hernand Abcarian -- 4. Classification and Treatment of Anorectal Infections / Adrian E. Ortega and Kyle G. Cologne -- 5. Clinical Assessment of Anal Fistulas / Herand Abcarian -- 6. Clinical Assessment and Imaging Modalities of Fistula in Ano / Kyle G. Cologne, Juan Antonio Villanueva-Herrero, Enrique Montaño-Torres, and Adrian E. Ortega -- 7. Classification and Management Strategies / Herand Abcarian -- 8. Seton (Loose, Cutting, Chemical) / Varnsi R. Velchuru -- 9. Fistulotomy and Lay Open Technique / Philip Tozer and Robin K.S. Phillips -- 10. Fistulectomy with Primary Sphincter Reconstruction / Alexander Herold -- 11. Fibrin Sealant / Jose R. Cintron -- 12. Biologic Fistula Plugs / Samuel Eisenstein and Alex Jenny Ky -- 13. Synthetic Fistula Plug / Alex Jenny Ky, Michael Polcino, and Alero T. Nanna -- 14. Endorectal Advancement Flap / Christine C. Jensen -- 15. Dermal Advancement Flap / Christine C. Jensen -- 16. Ligation of Intersphincteric Fistula Tract (LIFT) / Ariane M. Abcarian -- 17. Video-Assisted Anal Fistula Teatment (VAAFT) / Piercarlo Meinero and Lorenzo Mori -- 18. Stem Cell Application in Fistula Disease / Damian Garcia-Olmo and Hector Guadalajara-Labajo -- 19. Crohn's Disease / James Fleshman and Rachel Tay -- 20. Tuberculosis Fistula / Pravin Jaiprakash Gupta -- 21. Fistula Surgery in the Era of Evidence-Based Medicine / Richard L. Nelson and Hernand Abcarian -- 22. Causes of Operative Failure / Mohammad Ali Abbass and Maher Aref Abbas 23. Recurrence/Persistence After Fistula Teatmcnt: What Next? / Hernand Abcarian.
- 2010 Springeredited by Jean-Claude Givel, Neil James Mortensen.
- 2016 SpringerMassarat Zutshi, editors.
- 2015 SpringerLee L. Swanstrom, Christy M. Dunst, editors.This volume provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of antireflux surgery. It provides exceptional instructional detail regarding performance of antireflux surgery from leading esophageal surgeons around the world. This volume represents the only resource of its kind dedicated specifically to the issues unique to antireflux surgery. It is rich in detail and helpful illustrations that instruct surgeons in proper technique as well as presenting the reasoning behind various techniques. Written by experts in the field, Antireflux Surgery is of great value to practicing surgeons who perform gastrointestinal surgery, medical students, surgical residents, and fellows.
- 2015 Kargervolume editors, Gerhard Rogler, Toshifumi Hibi, Hans Herfarth, Ole Haagen Nielsen.
- 2014 Springeredited by Richard Cohen and Alastair Windsor.Anus: Treatment and Pathology is the perfect guide for the diagnosis and management of patients with anal canal and pelvic floor disorders. Using annotated diagrams matched to cross-sectional radiology with ultrasound and MRI, this book will not only give the reader a thorough understanding of normal anal canal and pelvic floor anatomy, but will also take the reader through the common benign and malignant conditions which affect the anal canal and pelvis describing in detail their pathophysiology, investigation and management. Anus: Treatment and Pathology is aimed at practicing general surgeons, colorectal surgeons and surgical trainees, which can be used either as a practical reference guide for day to day colorectal surgical practice or for in depth text based learning.
- 2011 Kargervolume editor, Alexander L. Gerbes Munich.Differential diagnosis of ascites / Appenrodt, B. -- Current treatment strategies : diuretics / Bernardi, M. -- Paracentesis / Sanyal, A.J., Bajaj, J.S., Shaw, J. -- Large volume paracentesis : which plasma expander? / Terg, R.A -- Albumin : not just a plasma expander / Davies, N.A. ... [et al.] -- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for ascites : which patients will benefit? / Salerno, F., Cazzaniga, M. -- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis prophylaxis and treatment / Wiest, R., Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Clinical implications of hyponatremia in cirrhosis / Heuman, D.M. -- Vaptans for ascites : chances and risks / Wong, F. -- Cardiorenal syndrome : a new entity? / Moller, S., Krag, A. -- Renal failure in cirrhosis / Gustot, T., Moreau, R. -- Novel definition of hepatorenal syndrome : clinical consequences / Fernandez, J., Arroyo, V. -- Role of infections in hepatorenal syndrome / Wiest, R. -- Tips for HRS / Sauerbruch, T., Appenrodt, B. -- Vasoconstrictor therapy for hepatorenal syndrome / Yeo, C.-M.; Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : the US experience / Musana, A.K., Sanyal, A.J. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : predictors of response / Cárdenas, A., Gines, P. -- Safety of terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome / Krag, A., Moller, S. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : novel strategies and future perspectives / Angeli, P. --Hepatorenal syndrome and liver transplantation / Gonwa, T.A.
- 2014 SpringerDavid E. Beck... [and others], editors.The ASCRS Manual of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition is designed to provide a rapid access pocket reference for residents, fellows, private clinicians, and allied health professionals caring for patients with colorectal surgical diseases. The Manual, abstracted from the ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition, is intended to impart succinct, clinically relevant information for daily patient care. The chapters take an evidence-based approach and many provide ASCRS practice parameters. The contents are presented consistently, with concise overviews of the most clinically relevant topics. The disease chapters discuss etiology, anatomic considerations, patient evaluation, lab results, imaging, diagnosis and treatment. The surgical chapters address these same issues, in addition to discussion of minimally invasive versus open techniques, possible complications, and perioperative care. The Manual also includes anatomical and technique drawings, operative photos and algorithms. Concise yet comprehensive, The ASCRS Manual of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Second Edition is very useful for physicians and researchers dealing with diseases of the colon and rectum.
- 2009 Springer[edited by] David E. Beck, Patricia L. Roberts, John L. Rombeau, Michael J. Stamos, Steven D. Wexner.
- 2011 Springereditors, David E. Beck, Patricia L. Roberts, Theodore J. Saclarides, Anthony J. Senagore, Michael J. Stamos, Steven D. Wexner.This is the first official textbook of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS) (www.fascrs.org) that adheres to the principals of evidence-based practice and utilizes ASCRS practice parameters. Written by top experts in the specialty, each chapter correlates with the core curriculum developed by the Program Director's Association in Colorectal Surgery. Chapters include Anatomy, Physiology, Genetics, Diagnostic Evaluation, and Perioperative Management.
- 2007 Springersenior editors, Bruce G. Wolff ... [et al.] ; associate editors, James M. Church ... [et al.].
- 2016 Springereditors: Scott R. Steele, Tracy L. Hull, Thomas E. Read, Theodore J. Saclarides, Anthony J. Senagore, Charles B. Whitlow.Anatomy and Embryology of the Colon, Rectum & Anus -- Colonic Physiology -- Anal Physiology: The physiology of continence and defecation -- Endoscopy -- Endoscopic management of polyps, polypectomy and combined endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery -- Preoperative assessment of colorectal patients -- Optimizing Outcomes with Enhanced Recovery -- Postoperative Complications -- Anastomotic Construction -- Anastomotic complications -- Approach to Anal Pain -- Hemorrhoids -- Anal Fissure -- Anorectal Abscess and Fistula -- Complex Anorectal Fistulas -- Rectovaginal Fistula -- Pilonidal Disease and Hidradenitis Suppurativa -- Dermatology and Pruritus Ani -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Anal Intraepithelial Neoplasia -- Anal Cancer -- Presacral Tumors -- Molecular Basis of Colorectal Cancer and Overview of Inherited Colorectal Cancer Syndromes -- Colorectal Neoplasms: Screening and Surveillance after Polypectomy -- Colon Cancer: Preoperative Evaluation and Staging -- The Surgical Management of Colon Cancer -- Rectal Cancer: Preoperative Evaluation and Staging -- Rectal Cancer: Neoadjuvant Therapy -- Local excision of rectal neoplasia -- Rectal Cancer: Watch and Wait -- Proctectomy -- Rectal Cancer Decision Making -- Colorectal Cancer: Postoperative Adjuvant Therapy -- Colorectal Cancer: Surveillance after Curative-Intent Therapy -- Colorectal Cancer: Management of Local Recurrence -- Colorectal Cancer: Management of Stage IV Disease -- Appendiceal Neoplasms -- Carcinoids, GISTs and Lymphomas of Colon and Rectum -- Diverticular Disease -- Large Bowel Obstruction -- Lower Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage -- Endometriosis -- Trauma of the Colon, Rectum, and Anus -- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Pathobiology -- IBD Diagnosis and Evaluation -- Medical Management of Chronic Ulcerative Colitis -- Medical Management of Crohn's Disease -- Anorectal Crohn's disease -- Crohn's Disease: Surgical Management -- Ulcerative Colitis -- Surgical Management -- Complications of the Ileal Pouch -- Infectious Colitides -- Clostridium difficile Infection -- Radiation, microscopic, ischemic colitis -- Intestinal Stomas -- Functional complications after colon and rectal surgery -- Common Tests for the Pelvic Floor -- Evaluation of Constipation and Treatment of Abdominal Constipation -- Obstructed Defecation -- Rectal Prolapse -- Evaluation and Treatment of FI -- Functional Bowel Disorders for the Colorectal Surgeon -- Middle and Anterior Compartment: Issues for the Colorectal Surgeon -- Pediatric Colorectal Disorders -- Considerations for Geriatric Patients Undergoing Colorectal Surgery -- Health Care Economics -- Ethical Issues in Colorectal Surgery -- Welcome to Litigation -- Surgical Education -- Maintenance of Certification: Current Status and Future Considerations -- Quality & Safety in Colon & Rectal Surgery -- Practice Management.
- 2015 SpringerNinh T. Nguyen, Robin P. Blackstone, John M. Morton, Jaime Ponce, Raul J. Rosenthal, editors.Developed by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery provides a comprehensive guide of information dealing with the ever evolving field of bariatric surgery. Volume 1: Bariatric Surgery covers the basic considerations for bariatric surgery, the currently accepted procedures, outcomes of bariatric surgery including longterm weight loss, improvement and resolution of comorbidities, and improvement in quality of life. A section focuses on revisional bariatric surgery and new innovative endoscopic bariatric procedures. Special emphasis is also given to the topics of metabolic surgery and surgery for patients with lower BMI (30-35). The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery, Volume 1: Bariatric Surgery is of great value to surgeons, residents and fellows, bariatric physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, and integrated health members that manage the morbidly obese.
- 2014 SpringerChristopher Still, David B. Sarwer, Jeanne Blankenship, editors.Developed by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery provides a comprehensive guide of information dealing with the ever evolving field of bariatric surgery. Volume II: Integrated Health is divided into 3 sections: bariatric medicine, psychosocial, and nutritional aspects of bariatric surgery. The first section deals with the psychosocial issues associated with severe obesity. The second section deals with the role of obesity medicine physicians in preoperative and postoperative support of the bariatric patients. The nutritional section discusses the preoperative and postoperative nutritional support for the bariatric patient. The ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery, Volume II: Integrated Health is of great value to surgeons, residents and fellows, obesity medicine physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, and integrated health members that manage patient affected by the disease of obesity.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyC. Mel Wilcox, Miguel Muñoz-Navas, Joseph Sung.Oropharnyx and hypopharynx -- Esophagus -- Stomach -- Duodenum and small bowel -- Colon -- Anorectum -- Hepatobiliary tract and pancreas.
- 2015 SpringerTommaso Vincenzo Bartolotta, Adele Taibbi, Massimo Midiri.Introduction -- Benign Focal Liver Lesions -- Malignant Focal Liver Lesions -- Fatty Liver, Pseudolesions -- Other Rare Lesions -- Assessment of Therapy Response -- Impact of European Guidelines on CEUS.
- 2013 SpringerGeorge Y. Wu, Nathan Selsky, Jane M. Grant-Kels, editors.Atlas of Dermatological Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disease provides a comprehensive compendium of digestive tract diseases with dermatological manifestations. The work is arranged by digestive symptoms, with sections based on the specific digestive disease etiology. Each section contains paired chapters of text, one on gastrointestinal manifestations and the other on dermatological manifestations. The atlas includes clinical presentations, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic tests/procedures, pathology, and references presented with substantial numbers of images.
- 2014 SpringerPinghong Zhou, Liqing Yao, Xinyu Qin, editors.Diagnostic Techniques in Gastrointestinal Disease -- Device and Equipment for Endoscopic Therapy -- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) -- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) -- Endoscopic Resection for Submucosal Tumors -- Tunnel Endoscopic Surgery.
- 2008 Springer[editors] Ralf Kiesslich, Peter R. Galle, Markus F. Neurath.1. Development of endoscopic devices: past, present and future / Norman E. Marcon, Brian C. Wilson, and Ralph S. DaCosta -- 2. Surface analysis with magnifying chromoendoscopy in the colon / David P. Hurlstone -- 3. Development and current technological status of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Peter Delaney, Steven Thomas, and Wendy McLaren -- 4. Examination technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz, Kerry Dunbar, and Marcia I. Canto -- 5. The technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy from the perspective of a new user / Marcia I. Canto 6. -- Microarchitecture of the normal gut seen with conventional histology and endomicroscopy / Michael Vieth ... [et al.] -- 7. Endomicroscopy of GI disorders -- 8. Live tissue imaging with conventional confocal microscopy / Marshall H. Montrose and Alastair J.M. Watson -- 9. Functional and molecular imaging with confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz ... [et al.] -- 10. Future trends in confocal laser endomicroscopy: improved imaging quality and immunoendoscopy / Raja Atreya and Markus F. Neurath.
- 2015 Springeredited by Manabu Muto, Kenshi Yao, Yasushi Sano.Part I Basics of NBI -- Chapter 1 Principles and history of NBI -- Chapter 2 Tips for obtaining optimum viewing conditions using NBI -- Part II Atlas of NBI: Pharynx to esophagus -- Chapter 3 Overview -- Chapter 4 Atlas of Normal appearance -- Chapter 5 Atlas of Non-neoplastic lesions -- Chapter 6 Atlas of Neoplastic lesions -- Part III Atlas of NBI: Stomach and duodenum -- Chapter 7 Diagnostic system -- Chapter 8 Atlas of normal appearance -- Chapter 9 Atlas of non-neoplastic lesions in the stomach -- Chapter 10 Atlas of Neoplastic lesions in the stomach -- Chapter 11 Atlas of n on-neoplastic lesions in the duodenum -- Chapter 12 Atlas of neoplastic lesions in the duodenum -- Part IV Atlas of NBI: Colon to rectum -- Chapter 13 Overview -- Chapter 14 Atlas of normal appearance -- Chapter 15 Atlas of non-neoplastic lesions -- Chapter 16 Atlas of neoplastic.
- 2015 SpringerShanda H. Blackmon, Karen J. Dickinson, editor.This atlas provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art review of all interventions that pertain to the esophagus. It includes a review of the current staging modalities, ablation technologies, resection and reconstruction techniques, and disease classification. Evidence-based guidelines regarding how each intervention is chosen are also included. With color illustrations and photographs for each surgery, the atlas details specific anatomic topics such as micro-anatomy of Barrett's and Dysplasia, EMR pathology, endoscopic ultrasound, and conventional surgical anatomy. Each intervention is presented in task format as a task list to be checked-off as each step is completed. Written by experts in the field, Atlas of Esophageal Disease and Intervention: A Multidisciplinary Approach serves as a valuable resource for any practitioner who performs esophageal intervention and will guide new surgeons and gastroenterologists into the hybrid multidisciplinary approach to this disease.
- 2015 SpringerP. Marco Fisichella, Marco G. Patti, editors.1. History of Esophageal Surgery -- 2. Radiologic Evaluation of Esophageal Diseases -- 3. Diagnostic and Interventional Endoscopy -- 4. Esophageal Function Testing -- 5. Patient Positioning -- 6. Operations for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease -- 7. Laparoscopic Pyloroplasty -- 8. Paraesophageal Hernia Repair and Collis Gastroplasty -- 9. Operations for Achalasia -- 10. Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM) -- 11. Operations for Zenker's Diverticulum -- 12. Laparoscopic Treatment of Epiphrenic Diverticula -- 13. Operations for Leiomyoma -- 14. Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass for GERD and Morbid Obesity -- 15. Transhiatal Esophagectomy -- 16. Ivor Lewis Esophagectomy -- 17. Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy -- 18. Hybrid Transthoracic Esophagectomy.
- 2014 SpringerScott R. Owens, Henry D. Appelman.Atlas of Esophagus and Stomach Pathology provides an image-based resource for those studying normal histology of the upper gastrointestinal tract, as well as the microscopic manifestations of developmental abnormalities, toxic insults, infectious diseases, inflammatory and autoimmune conditions, and neoplasia in the esophagus and stomach. Because modern gastrointestinal pathology practice centers on specimens obtained during endoscopic examination, the atlas focuses on biopsy pathology, providing real-world microscopic images and ancillary diagnostic studies for most commonly-encountered abnormalities and diseases affecting these two organs. The book is supplemented with endoscopic and special study images. Authored by nationally and internationally recognized pathologists, Atlas of Esophagus and Stomach Pathology is a valuable tool for both pathologists-in-training seeking to make new acquaintances, and practicing surgical pathologists in need of a quick visual reference in recalling old friends in the world of diagnostic gastrointestinal pathology.
- 2015 OvidChristina A. Arnold, Dora M. Lam-Himlin, Elizabeth A. Montgomery.
- 2013 SpringerAntonello Trecca, editor.This atlas presents high-quality images of clinical cases of small bowel diseases, with a focus on the importance of terminal ileoscopy as the first step in detecting this group of rare pathologies. Among the conditions covered are celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, neoplasms, infections, and pediatric disease. The multidisciplinary approach to the presentation of clinical cases, with contributions from histology, radiology, capsule endoscopy, enteroscopy, and surgery, ensures that the atlas will provide an accurate learning course for beginners and also an effective update for specialists.
- 2015 SpringerWon Ho Kim, Jae Hee Cheon, editors.This comprehensive atlas, containing a wealth of high-quality images, illustrates the complete spectrum of presentations of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). It focuses especially on the most recent developments in the use of endoscopy in IBD, providing detailed guidance on endoscopic indices of disease activity, diagnosis, and differential diagnosis. In addition to ileocolonoscopy, small bowel endoscopy, and esophagogastroduodenoscopy, chapters are included on the role of both established radiological techniques, such as CT, MRI, and abdominal ultrasonography, and the newest approaches, including high-resolution endoscopy, narrow band imaging, and confocal laser endomicroscopy. Extraintestinal manifestations and complications are addressed in separate chapters, and the book concludes by presenting surgical findings. The authors are international authorities with diverse expert knowledge who have collaborated to create an ideal tool for all who wish to master endoscopic evaluation in IBD.
- 2012 SpringerTerumasa Komuro.Part 1. Distribution and arrangement of ICC in the GI tract -- Stomach -- Small Intestine -- Duodenum -- Colon -- Caecum -- Ileocaecal Junction -- ICC Found in the Submucosal Layer -- Introduction -- Part 2. Ultrastructural demonstration of ICC and the allied cells -- Ultrastructural Demonstration of ICC -- Signal Pathways Between Nerves and Muscles Not Mediated by ICC -- Issues for Future Studies.
- 2012 SpringerVictor W. Fazio, James M. Church, James S. Wu, editors.Intestinal Stomas: Historical Overview -- Gastrointestinal Anatomy -- Structure and Function of the Large Bowel -- Physiologic and Metabolic Effects of Intestinal Stomas -- Quality of Life of the Ostomate -- Wound, Ostomy, and Continence/Enterostomal Therapy (WOC/ET) Nursing -- Ileostomy -- Medical Management of the High-Output Enterostomy and Enterocutaneous Fistula -- Intestinal Stomas and the Biliary Tree -- Continent Ileostomy -- Colostomy: Types, Indications, Formation, and Reversal -- Laparoscopic Ostomy Surgery -- Ostomies in Trauma -- CCF Color Photo Gallery -- Stomas Via Percutaneous Endoscopy -- Gastrointestinal Stomas in Infants and Children -- Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) -- Urinary Stomas -- Enterocutaneous Fistula -- Parastomal Hernia -- Surgical Treatment of Peristomal Skin Conditions -- Stoma Prolapse -- Challenging Stomas.
- 2014 SpringerAnthony W.H. Chan, Alberto Quaglia, Beate Haugk, Alastair Burt.The liver is a complex organ due to its unique microscopic structure, intricate metabolic functions and susceptibility to a wide variety of insults, manifesting in countless histological patterns. Atlas of Liver Pathology considers both changes seen in medical liver biopsies as well as lesional biopsies when the specimen has been taken from a mass. The book starts by reviewing normal structure and its variants and the optimal approaches for the preparation of histological sections for diagnostic liver pathology. The following chapters are dedicated to developmental, metabolic, infectious, drug related, autoimmune, biliary, vascular and neoplastic disorders. Two sections on liver pathology in pregnancy and transplantation conclude the work. Macroscopic illustrations are included where appropriate. All photographs are complemented by legends describing the picture and providing relevant related information. Authored by nationally and internationally recognized pathologists, Atlas of Liver Pathology is a valuable resource that serves as a quick reference guide for the diagnosis of usual and unusual diseases.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyGary C. Kanel, Jacob Korula.General aspects of the liver and liver diseases -- Viral hepatitis -- Cholestasis and biliary tract disorders -- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases -- Drug- and toxic-induced liver cell injury -- Vascular disorders -- Infectious disorders, non-viral -- Developmental, familial, and metabolic disorders -- Diseases of hepatic iron and copper metabolism -- Neoplasms and related lesions -- Transplantation -- Miscellaneous conditions.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyeditors, James W. Fleshman [and others] ; series editors, Courtney M. Townsend, B. Mark Evers.Open Right Colectomy -- Laparoscopic Right Colectomy -- Extended Right Colectomy with Ileosigmoid Anastomosis -- Extended Left Colectomy with Right Colon-to-Rectal Anastomosis -- Open Left and Sigmoid Colectomy -- Laparoscopic Left Colectomy -- Open Total Abdominal Colectomy with Ileorectal Anastomosis -- Laparoscopic Total Abdominal Colectomy and Ileorectal Anastomosis -- Open Total Proctocolectomy and Ileal Pouch -- Open Low Anterior Resection of Rectum -- Laparoscopic Low Anterior Resection -- Open Abdominal Perineal Resection -- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection -- Perineal Proctectomy for Prolapse (Altmeier/Prassad Technique) -- Open Resection Rectopexy for Rectal Prolapse -- Laparoscopic Rectopexy -- Completion Proctectomy for Crohn's Disease -- Transanal Excision of Rectal Lesions -- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery -- Anal Stricturoplasty and Skin Flaps -- Excisional Hemorrhoidectomy -- Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy -- Open Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy -- Sliding Flap Repair of Rectovaginal Fistula -- Excision of Anal Bowen's or Paget's Disease with a V-Y Advancement Flap -- Hanley Procedure for Fistula and Abscess -- Anal Sphincter Reconstruction -- End Ileostomy and Loop Ileostomy -- Colostomy: End and Divided Loop -- Local Parastomal Hernia Repair -- Small Bowel Strictureplasty -- Resection of Rectorectal Tumor with Sacrectomy -- Debulking and Peritoneal Stripping with Placement of Intraperitoneal Catheters for Carcinomatosis.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyeditor[s], Michael J. Rosen, Jeffrey R. Ponsky.Tri-incisional esophagectromy -- Ivor Lewis esophagectomy -- Left thoracoabdominal -- Transhiatal -- minimally invasive esophagectomy -- Nissen fundaplication -- Paraesophageal hernia repair -- Heller myotomy -- Truncal vagotomy -- Selective vagotomy -- highly selevtive vagotomy -- Heineke-Mikulicz phloroplasty -- Finney pyloroplasty -- Jaboulay pylorplasty -- Antrectomy -- Surgical treatment of postgastrectomy syndromes -- Laparoscopic gastric ulcer surgery -- Subtotal gastrectomy: billroth I and II -- Total gastrectomy -- Roux-en-y gastric bypass -- Gastric band -- Gastric sleeve -- Small bowel resection and anastomosis -- Jejunostomy tube -- Strictureplasty for Crohn's disease -- Meckel diverticulectomy -- Intusseption eduction -- Small bowel obstruction.
- 2007 OvidGregory N. Postma, Peter C. Belafsky, Jonathan E. Aviv ; with a foreword by Jamie A. Koufman.Indications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- 2016 SpringerPierre-Alian Clavien, Michael G. Sarr, Yuman Fong, Masaru Miyazaki editors.
- 2007 Springereditors, Pierre-Alain Clavien, Michael G. Sarr, and Yuman Fong ; Panco Georgiev (associate editor).
- 2011 SpringerAbraham H. Dachman, Andrea Laghi, editors.
- 2013 SpringerMichael J. Levy, Suresh T. Chari, Editors.Autoimmune (IgG4-related) Pancreatitis and Cholangitis reviews the breadth of clinical, imaging, histological, laboratory, and imaging features associated with IgG4-associated systemic disease, especially AIP and IAC. Written by experts in their fields, each chapter includes an overview of existing data as well as the most up-to-date scientific information and emerging data. The book also addresses areas of uncertainty and controversy, briefly highlighting clinical and research needs relative to the respective topic. Comprehensive and easy to use, Autoimmune (IgG4-related) Pancreatitis and Cholangitis is a valuable resource for physicians who deal with or are interested in these complex disease processes, including gastroenterologists, hepatologists, and surgeons.
- 2014 SpringerHiromasa Ohira, editor.Autoimmune Liver Diseases summarizes the recent high-impact research and clinical findings obtained in Japan in the study and treatment of autoimmune liver diseases. Although these disorders are relatively rare, they are recognized as an important group of refractory liver diseases, the most common of which are autoimmune hepatitis (AIH) and primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC). The book therefore comprises two major sections, one dealing with AIH, the other with PBC. AIH in Japanese patients creates a unique disease population, as its clinical features are different from those of Western patients resulting from the different genetic background of the two patient populations. Also, mouse models of neonatal thymectomy-PD-1 knockout mice, clinical analyses of acute hepatitis-like manifestations, and research findings on IgG4-related autoimmune hepatitis have been reported in Japan and are included in this book. A disease-susceptibility gene specific to Japanese PBC patients has also recently been discovered. Because of the relatively homogeneous population of Japan, analyses conducted with Japanese PBC patients have yielded findings that are highly relevant to the pathogenesis of the disease. Furthermore, new pathological staging criteria, anti-gp210 antibodies and the basis they provide for improved accuracy of prognosis, treatment with bezafibrate, and the outcomes of living-donor liver transplantation are also presented here. This volume therefore serves as a useful resource not only for hepatologists, but also for researchers, clinical residents, and medical students both in Japan and in other countries.
- 2015 SpringerTerumi Kamisawa, Jae Bock Chung, editors.This book provides up-to-date information on all aspects of autoimmune pancreatitis, a unique form of pancreatitis characterized clinically by frequent presentation with obstructive jaundice and dramatic response to steroids, histologically by a lymphoplasmacytic infiltrate with fibrosis, and radiologically by pancreatic enlargement. Current concepts regarding the disease and its classification into subtypes 1 and 2 are explained, and clinical, serological, and histopathological findings are carefully described. Imaging features on all the relevant modalities are illustrated, covering both the pancreas and other involved organs. Current and emerging therapeutic strategies, including steroids, immunomodulatory drugs, and rituximab, are then discussed. The reader will find the book to be an excellent aid to the diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis and its differentiation from pancreatobiliary malignancies, as well as a clear guide to treatment.
- Benign anorectal diseases : diagnosis with endoanal and endorectal ultrasound and new treatment options2006 SpringerGiulio Aniello Santoro, Giuseppe Di Falco ; foreword by G.G. Delaini.
- 2016 SpringerNisar Ahmad Chowdri, Fazl Q. Parray, editors.1. Surgical anatomy of anal canal and rectum -- 2. Physiology of defecation -- 3. Hemorrhoids -- 4. Anal fissure -- 5. Perianal sepsis and fistula -- 6. Pilonidal disease -- 7. Rectovaginal fistulas -- 8. Anorectal injuries -- 9. Anal incontinence -- 10. Complete rectal prolapse in adults -- 11. Pelvic floor dysfunction -- 12. Perianal dermatiology -- 13. Benign ulcers of the anorectum -- 14. Benign stricutes of anorectum -- 15. Benign tumors of the anorectum.
- 2015 SpringerLuca Aldrighetti, Francesco Cetta, Gianfranco Ferla, editors ; forewords by Gennaro Nuzzo and Antonio Daniele Pinna ; in collaboration with Francesca Ratti.Diagnosis of benign tumors of the liver is experiencing exponential growth, mainly owing to the diffusion of more accurate imaging techniques. This monograph opens by examining the epidemiology, histopathology, and genetics of these diseases and discussing liver physiopathology. The role of imaging techniques is described, and clear guidance provided on differential diagnosis. The full range of benign liver tumors and conditions is then systematically reviewed, including liver cysts and polycystic liver disease, Caroli disease, hemangiomas, focal nodular hyperplasia, adenomas, hepatic manifestations of systemic diseases, and focal infectious diseases. Surgical indications are accurately analyzed, with a view to assisting in the avoidance of useless interventions. Transplantation, laparoscopic resection, and robotic surgical techniques are described and illustrated, emphasizing the optimization of intra- and postoperative management in order to avoid potential complications and degeneration. In these chapters, attention is drawn to the ways in which the surgical management of benign liver tumors differs from that of malignant tumors. Information is also provided on anesthesia, blood transfusion, the role of interventional radiology in patients with benign liver tumors and fast track programs for liver surgery. This book, in handy format, will prove essential reading for all who are interested in benign liver surgery and will represent an invaluable source of knowledge for general and hepatobiliary surgeons, whether in training or practice.
- 2008 Springer[edited by] Giuseppe Borzellino, Claudio Cordiano.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2009 SpringerTimothy Wang, James G. Fox, Andrew S. Giraud, editors.
- 2012 ScienceDirect2012 ClinicalKeyeditor-in-chief, William R. Jarnagin ; associate editors, Jacques Belghiti ... [et al.] ; editor emeritus, Leslie H. Blumgart.Comprehensive and complete, Blumgart's Surgery of the Liver, Pancreas and Biliary Tract - edited by Dr. William R. Jarnagin and a team of experts- delivers the comprehensive, cutting-edge guidance you need to achieve optimal outcomes in surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. Edited by a panel of experts and featuring contributions by many leading authorities, this 2-volume reference brings you the latest information on pathology, diagnostics, surgery, and non-operative intervention all in one source. At www.expertconsult.com you can not only access the complete contents online, but also an abundance of detailed illustrations and step-by-step procedural video clips from the Memorial Sloan Kettering video library that show you how to perform key procedures step by step. Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information in one comprehensive reference that provides extensive coverage of pathology, diagnostics, surgery, and non-operative intervention as well as hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery. Deepen your understanding of surgical anatomy to help with diagnosis, surgical operation, interventional radiology, and endoscopy.
- 2011 SpringerNir Sterer, Mel Rosenberg.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyHenry Buchwald ; with illustrations by Michael de la Flor.Section 1. Exposure and closure of the abdomen -- section 2. Primarily malabsorptive procedures -- section 3. Malabsorptive/restrictive procedures : gastric bypass -- section 4. Restrictive procedures -- section 5. Other and investigative procedures -- section 6. Revisional surgery.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyedited by Douglas O. Faigel, David R. Cave.History and future / Paul Swain -- How does the capsule work? / Moti Frish -- How to set up the suite and perform capsule endoscopy / Doug Morgan -- Reading, reporting, and training / Doug Adler -- The role of surgery in capsule endscopy / Calvin W. Lee and David R. Cave -- Systematization of terminology for capsule endoscopy / Michel Delvaux and Gerard Gay -- Normal small bowel and normal variants of the small bowel / Klaus Mergener -- Approach to the patient with GI bleeding / Marco Pennazio -- Approach to the patient with inflammatory bowel disease / Tanja Kühbacher and Stepfan Schreiber -- Approach to the patient with abdominal pain / Martin Keuchel -- Approach to the patient with obstruction / Maria Elena Riccioni ... [et al.] -- Approach to the pediatric patient / Victor L. Fox -- Use of capsule endoscopy for the evaluation of inflammatory bowel disease / Stuart L. Triester and Jonathan A. Leighton -- NSAIDS, radiation and foriegn bodies / Neal J. Schamberg and Felice Schnoll-Sussman -- Vascular abnormalities of the small bowel / Warwick Selby -- Benign and malignant tumors of the small bowel / Blair S. Lewis -- Malabsorption / Peter H.R. Green and Moshe Rubin -- Small bowel transplantation and graft versus host disease / Roberto de Franchis ... [et al.] -- Capsule endoscopy in the stomach and colon / Virender K. Sharma -- Esophageal capsule endoscopy / Glenn M. Eisen.
- 2014 SpringerMiguel A. Cuesta, H. Jaap Bonjer, editors.1. Suspicion of an Anastomotic Problem after Esophageal Resection for Cancer -- 2. Cervical Leakage of an Oesophago-Gastric Conduit Anastomosis -- 3. Thoracic Duct Injury -- 4. Postoperative Hiatal Herniation after Esophageal Resection -- 5. Benign Stenosis of the Intrathoracic and Cervical Esophagogastric Anastomosis after Esophagectomy -- 6. Recurrent Nerve Lesion (Double) As a Consequence of Esophageal Resection for Cancer -- 7. Trachea-Gastric Conduit Fistula after Esophageal Resection -- 8. Herniation of the Stomach into the Thorax after Laparoscopic Repair of a Type 3 Para-Esophageal Hernia -- 9. Dysphagia after Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication -- 10. Iatrogenic Esophageal Perforation -- 11. Peritonitis after Unrecognized Perforation Following Heller Myotomy and Dor Fundoplication for Achalasia -- 12. Esophagojejunostomy Leakage Following Extended Total Gastrectomy -- 13 -- Leakage of the Duodenal Stump Following Gastrectomy -- 14.Re-Bleeding after Repair of Bleeding Duodenal Ulcer -- 15. Stenosis of a Side-To-Side Gastrojejunostomy after a Laparoscopic Subtotal Gastrectomy -- 17. Leakage after Closure of a Perforated Duodenal Diverticulum -- 18. An Acute Complication of the Wilki Syndrome -- 19. Distal Duodenal Perforation after Double Balloon Endoscopy (DBE) -- 20.Duodenal Leakage after Resection of an Insulinoma of the Head of the Pancreas -- 21. Postoperative Intraluminal Bleeding Following a Gastric Bypass -- 22. Complication of Sleeve Gastrectomy after Bariatric Surgery -- 23. Leakage of Gastric Bypass Performed Because Of Obesity -- 24. Complication of Adjustable Gastric Band Converted in a Gastric Bypass -- 25. Problems with Laparoscopic Adjustable gastric band: erosion and migration -- 26. Jaundice and Hepatic Failure after Major Hepatic Resection -- 27. Biliary Leakage and Abscess after Liver Resection -- 28. A Patient with Biliary Strictures in One Half of the Liver after Liver Transplantation -- 29. Patient with a Stenosis of the Cavocavostomy after Liver Transplantation -- 30. CBD Lesion during Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- 31. CBD Lesion during Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- 32. Hepatic Abscess after Double Lesion (CBD and Right Hepatic Artery) During Cholecystectomy -- 33. Unrecognized CBD Stones after Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- 34. Recurrence of Gallbladder Acute Pancreatitis: When to Perform a Cholecystectomy? -- 35. Complicated Retained Stones in the Common Bile Duct after Multiple Sphincterotomies by ERCP -- 36. Complications after ERCP and Sphincterotomy -- 37. Lost Stones in Abdomen after Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy -- 38. Late Stenosis of Bilio-Digestive Anastomosis with Cholangitis (After Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy) -- 39. Complication after Surgical Treatment Klatskin Tumor -- 40. Postoperative Intraluminal Bleeding after Whipple Resection -- 41. Leakage of the Pancreato-Jejunostomy after a Whipple Procedure -- 42. Bile Leakage (And Portal Vein Thrombosis) after Whipple Procedure -- 43. Bleeding in the Small Remnant of the Head of the Pancreas after Duodenum Preserving Resection for Middle Pancreatic Tumor -- 44. Impaction of Enteral (Bezoars) During Enteral Feeding After Whipple Procedure -- 45. Gastric Bleeding Caused by a Necrotizing Pancreatitis with Extensive Pseudocyst Formation -- 46. 'Infection Is Not Found but Patient Is Becoming Worse' -- 47. Pseudocyst Pancreas, Endoscopically or Surgical Treatment? -- 48. Pancreatic Pseudocyst Far from the Stomach -- 49. Intra-Abdominal Bleeding with Shock as Consequence of Necrotizing Pancreatitis -- 50. Recurrence of Infection after Video-Assisted Retroperitoneal Debridement -- 51. Splenic and Portal Vein Thrombosis after Splenectomy -- 52. Rebleeding after Initial Coiling Of Spleen Trauma -- 53. Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison Syndrome), After Removal of an Adenocarcinoma of the Adrenal Gland -- 54. Leakage after Left Pancreatic Resection -- 55. Postoperative Shock during Laparoscopic Appendicectomy -- 56. Postoperative Abscess After Appendicectom -- 57. Carcinoid Discovered in the Appendix -- 58. Complications after Conservatively Treated Appendicular Phlegmon -- 59. Anastomotic Leakage Following Small Bowel Resection -- 60. Recurrence of Crohn's Disease -- 61. Short Bowel Syndrome -- 62. Recurrence of Intestinal Obstruction Because of Adhesions -- 63. Inadvertent Small Bowel Lesion during Laparoscopic Operation -- 64.Small Bowel Ischemia during Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Because of Gastro- Esophageal Junction Cancer -- 65. Complications of Malrotation -- 66. Leakage after Right Hemicolectomy -- 67. Anastomotic Rotation after Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy for Colonic Cancer -- 68. Leakage after Elective Ileo-Cecal Resection for Crohn's Disease -- 69. Leakage after Ileoanal Pouch Anastomosis, IAPA -- 70. Leakage after Sigmoid Resection -- 71. Leakage after LAR and Coloanal Anastomosis -- 72. Presacral Abscess and Sinuses after Lar -- 73. Stenosis after LAR -- 74. Problems after Coloanal Anastomosis (Stenosis Coloanal Anastomosis and Repeated Stools and Soiling) -- 75. Ureter Lesion during Low Anterior Resection -- 76. Late Ileo-Anal Pouch Anastomosis Fisteling (Vaginal And Perineal) -- 77. Ano-Rectal Adenocarcinoma in a Colorectal Crohn's Disease -- 78. Recto-Vaginal Fistula after LAR -- 79. Recto-Vesical Fistula after LAR -- 80. Perianal Problems after APR -- 81. Recurrence after TME Because of Rectal Cancer -- 82. Complication after Laparoscopic Abdominal Lavage Because of Perforated Diverticuliti -- 83. Anastomotic Leakage After Taken Down Hartmann Procedure -- 84. Complication after Sacrocolpopexy -- 85. Ischemia-Necrosis of the Sigmoid After Repair of A Ruptured Juxta-Renal Aneurysm -- 86. Complications and Approach in Post-Radiation Enteritis -- 87. Complications Following Cytoreductive Surgery and Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) -- 88. Colorectal Anastomosis Bleeding -- 89. Laparoscopic Approach of Anastomotic Leakage after Laparoscopic Resection -- 90. Leakage Distal Anastomosis after Low Anterior Resection with Protective Ileostomy -- 91. Leakage Distal Anastomosis After Low Anterior Resection (Lar) Without Protective Ileostomy -- 92. Complications of Ileostomy -- 93. Necrosis of Colostomy. Retraction and Stenosis -- 94. Parastomal Hernia Complications -- 95. Severe Complication after Pph Procedure for Hemorrhoids -- 96. Complex Recurrent Anal Fistula -- 97. Faecal Incontinence after Delivery -- 98. Rectovaginal Fistula Following Delivery -- 99. Dehiscence/Evisceration of the Abdominal Wall after Laparotomy -- 100. Recurrence of Open Incisional Hernia after Large Hernia Repair Using (Low-Weight) Polypropylene Mesh -- 101. Abdominal Compartment Syndrome -- 102. Enterocutaneous Fistula Through Previous Laparotomy -- 103.Care and Closure of Open Abdomen Approach.
- 2014 Springeredited by S. Devi Rampertab, Gerard E. Mullin.Celiac Disease is an authoritative text intended to educate healthcare practitioners, gastroenterologists, physicians and nutritionists about the diverse manifestations, complications and management of gluten-sensitive enteropathy. The seventeen-chapter text provides the latest research on pathophysiology, including animal models, immunopathogenesis, genetics and the intestinal microflora. The book also features chapters on diagnosis, monitoring, complications and nutritional management, including therapies on the horizon. The text concludes with appendices that provide educational tools for symptom monitoring and dietary guidance. Written by specialists in their respective fields, "Celiac Disease" is a comprehensive resource that provides the healthcare practitioner an evidence-based practical guide to pathogenesis and therapy of celiac disease.
- 2004 NLMprepared by Karen Patrias, Carolyn C. Willard, Frank A. Hamilton ; United States National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Cell/tissue injury and cytoprotection/organoprotection in the gastrointestinal tract : mechanisms, prevention, and treatment2012 Kargervolume editors, Ludmila Filaretova, Koji Takeuchi.The 'gastric cytoprotection' concept of Andre Robert and the origins of a new series of international symposia / S. Szabo, Y. Tache, A. Tarnawski -- Importance of translational research in GI pharmacology : lessons learned from the successes in history / D. Chen, C.-M. Zhao -- Acetic acid ulcer model : state of the art in 2012 / S. Okabe, K. Amagase, K. Takeuchi -- Roles of EP4 receptors in protective and healing-promoting effects of prostaglandin E2 on NSAID-induced small intestinal damage / K. Takeuchi -- Role of food and enterobacteria in the formation and prevention of small intestinal damage induced by NSAIDS / H. Satoh, K. Takeuchi -- Synergic effect of NSAID and gastric acid on superoxide-anion production in stomach / H. Matsui, T. Kaneko -- Development of NSAIDS with lower gastric side effect / T. Mizushima -- Cell/tissue injury and cytoprotection/organoprotection in the gastrointestinal tract : mechanisms, prevention, and treatment / K.D. Rainsford -- Animal model for evaluating gastric bleeding and ulcerogenic response induced by aspirin plus clopidogrel / C. Izuhara ... [et al.] -- Effects of ibuprofen and some analogues on the muscle tone of isolated segments of the common digital artery of the fallow deer (Dama dama) / B.A. Callingham, Rainsford K.D. -- Psychological stress induces visceral analgesic or hyperalgesic response in rodents : a role of preconditions / A. Mulak, M. Larauche, Y. Tach -- Neurobiology of corticotropin-releasing factor in the enteric nervous system during stress / S. Liu, J.D. Wood -- Corticotropin-releasing factor may protect the gastric mucosa in stress through involvement of glucocorticoids / L.P. Filaretova ... [et al.] -- Pathogenic potential of psychogenic stress in gastric mucosal injury / V.I. Ovsiannikov, T.P. Berezina -- Advances in understanding inflammation in esophageal disease / R.H. Hunt, Y. Yuan -- Physiopathology of esophageal inflammation, ulcerogenesis, and repair by studying the profile of glycoconjugate / O. Zayachkivska -- Analysis of the effect of different neuropeptides in gastric mucosal defense initiated centrally / K. Gyires -- Sulforaphane enhances protection and repair of gastric mucosa against oxidative stress via Nrf2-dependent mechanisms / A. Yanaka -- Involvement of renin-angiotensin system and vasoactive angiotensin-(1-7) metabolite of angiotensin II in gastric mucosal injury and gastroprotection / T. Brzozowski ... [et al.] -- Effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on gastrointestinal tract / P. Sikiric ... [et al.] -- Pathobiology of gastric carcinoids and adenocarcinomas in rodent models and patients : studies of gastrocystoplasty, gender-related factors, and autophagy / R.A. Vigen, D. Chen, C.M. Zhao -- Roles of the hydrogen sulfide/T-type calcium channel system in somatic and visceral pain processing / A. Kawabata, M. Matsunami -- Age-dependent role of vasopressin in susceptibility of gastric mucosa to indomethacin-induced injury / D. Zelena, O.Y. Morozova, L.P. Filaretova -- From mucosal energy metabolism to capsaicin : strategies for understanding mucosal protection / I.L. Szabcent, J. Czimmer, G. Mcentzsik.
- 2006 SpringerCarol E.H. Scott-Conner, editor ; illustrations by Casper Henselmann.Part I. Large Intestine -- Concepts in Surgery of the Large Intestine / Danny M. Takanishi and Fabrizio Michelassi -- Right Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner and Susan M. Cera -- Left Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Left Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner -- Low Anterior Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Abdominoperineal Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection and Total Proctocolectomy with End Ileostomy / Steven D. Wexner and Giovanna M. DaSilva -- Subtotal Colectomy with Ileoproctostomy or Ileostomy and Sigmoid Mucous Fistula -- Ileoanal Anastomosis with Ileal Reservoir Following Total Colectomy and Mucosal Proctectomy -- Abdominoperineal Protectomy for Benign Disease -- End-Ileostomy -- Loop Ileostomy -- Cecostomy -- Surgical Legacy Technique -- Transverse Colostomy -- Closure of Temporary Colostomy -- Laparoscopic Stoma Construction and Closure / Dan Enger Ruiz and Steven D. Wexner -- Operations for Colonic Diverticulitis (Including Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding) -- Ripstein Operation for Rectal Prolapse -- Part II. Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region -- Concepts in Surgery of the Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region / Amanda M. Metcalf -- Rubber Band Ligation of Internal Hemorrhoids -- Hemorrhoidectomy -- Anorectal Fistula and Pelvirectal Abscess -- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy for Chronic Anal Fissure -- Anoplasty for Anal Stenosis -- Thiersch Operation for Rectal Prolapse Surgical Legacy Technique -- Operations for Pilonidal Disease.
- 2006 SpringerCarol E.H. Scott-Conner, editor ; illustrations by Caspar Henselmann.
- 2006 CRCnetBASEedited by N. Cameron, N. G. Norgan, and G.T.H. Ellison.
- 2014 SpringerElizabeth J. Carey, Keith D. Lindor, editors.1. Diagnosis of Cholestasis / Andrea A. Gossard -- 2. Drug-Induced Cholestasis / Einar S. Björnsson -- 3. Primary Biliary Cirrhosis / Marina G. Silveira -- 4. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis / Meredith Borman and Bertus Eksteen -- 5. IgG4 Related Cholangitis / Said Al Mamari, Emma L. Culver, and Roger W. Chapman -- 6. Rare Causes of Cholestasis / Tamir Miloh and Ozlem Pinar Bulut -- 7. Cholestatic Variants of Viral Disease and Alcohol / Mary A. Atia and Bashar Aqel -- 8. Cholestasis Related to Systemic Disorders / Anitha Yadav and Elizabeth J. Carey -- 9. Complications of Cholestasis / Abrar Ahmed and Marlyn J. Mayo -- 10. Cholestasis Post-Liver Transplantation / Denise M. Harnois and Kymberly D. S. Watt -- 11. Cholestasis in the Hospitalized Patient / Anne M. Larson -- 12. Endoscopic Management of Biliary Obstruction / James H. Tabibian and Todd H. Baron.
- 2008 Springeredited by Keith D. Lindor and Jayant A. Talwalker.
- 2015 Springeredited by Leonardo Kapural.Chronic Abdominal Pain is a comprehensive resource focused on the management of chronic abdominal pain. Chapters begin with an overview of pain generation, adaptive mechanisms and various diagnostic approaches. A complete range of novel, conservative, minimally invasive and surgical therapeutic options and their proper selection are then discussed along with evidence-based and practical clinical aspects of patient care. Authored by a team of world-renowned physicians and researchers, this definitive guide provides novel algorithms for contemporary treatment of chronic abdominal pain, giving pain medicine clinicians and practitioners the knowledge needed to assess and treat patients with abdominal pain.
- 2011 Springeredited by Pere Ginès, Patrick S. Kamath, Vicente Arroyo.The organ -- Cells in the liver: functions in health and disease -- Liver physiology -- Assessment of liver function in clinical practice -- Physiology of the splanchnic and hepatic circulations -- Fibrosis as a major mechanism of chronic liver disease -- Stem cells and chronic liver failure: potential new therapeutics -- The role of inflammatory mediators in liver failure -- Genomics of the liver in health and disease -- Effects of liver failure on organ systems -- Hepatic encephalopathy and alterations of cerebral function -- Bacterial translocation and alterations of the digestive system -- SIRS, bacterial infections, and alterations of the immune system -- Regulation of the extracellular fluid volume and renal function -- The heart in chronic liver failure -- Haemostasis abnormalities in chronic liver failure -- The systemic and splanchnic circulations -- Hepatic microcirculation -- Angiogenesis and vascular growth in liver diseases -- Pulmonary alterations in chronic liver failure -- Adrenal function in chronic liver failure -- Management of chronic liver failure -- Antibiotic prophylaxis and management of bacterial infections -- Management of ascites and hyponatremia -- Management of renal failure -- Correction of abnormalities of haemostasis in chronic liver disease -- The treatment and prevention of variceal bleeding -- Extracorporeal artificial liver support systems -- Issues in transplantation of patients with chronic liver failure -- Chronic liver disease in the intensive care.
- 2009 Springereditor, Kirti Shetty.
- 2015 Wileyedited by Samuel S. Lee, Richard Moreau.
- 2014 SpringerHoon Jai Chun, Suk-kyun Yang, Myung-gyu Choi, editors.Gastrointestinal endoscopy is the principal tool for the investigation and treatment of most diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy offers a comprehensive overview of the role of gastrointestinal endoscopy in diagnosis. The atlas contains an abundance of high-quality images of a wide range of diseases of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by precise clinical descriptions. Normal findings and variants are also documented. Furthermore, many images obtained by means of advanced image-enhanced endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, device-assisted enteroscopy, and endoscopic ultrasound are included. This book will be an ideal reference for both specialists and trainees in gastroenterology. It will provide the reader with an invaluable store of knowledge and with the clear guidance required in order to perform gastrointestinal endoscopy to best effect.
- 2012 ClinicalKey[edited by] Gregory G. Ginsberg, Christopher J. Gostout, Michael L. Kochman and Ian D. Norton.Drs. Gregory G. Ginsberg, Michael L. Kochman, Ian D. Norton, and Christopher J. Gostout, 2nd Edition, helps you master the latest endoscopic techniques and achieve optimal outcomes. Written by some of today's most prestigious specialists and with many new and fully updated chapters, this resource equips you to diagnose and treat the full range of GI disorders with state-of-the-art coverage of bariatric surgery, therapeutic EUS, device-assisted enteroscopy, image-guided therapy, intramural endotherapy, and much more. Keep current with both new and emerging technologies including the management of upper gastrointestinal familial adenomatous polyposis syndrome and ampullary tumors; post-bariatric endoscopy and endoscopic therapy; endoluminal bariatric techniques, and intramural/transmural endoscopy. The comprehensive and multimedia resource for staying up to date with the latest technology and techniques in GI endoscopy.
- v. 1-2, 2010. Springerv. 2, 2010 Springer[edited by] Henryk Dancygier.Structure and function of the liver. v. 1 -- Pathophysiology and morphology of liver injury. v. 1 -- Evaluation of the patient with hepatobiliary disease. v. 1 -- Diseases of the liver. v. 2 -- Diseases of the gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts. v. 2.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEedited by Christopher P. Duggan, Tom Jaksic, Kathleen M. Gura."This reference provides a current, multidisciplinary approach to the care of patients with intestinal failure. It includes intensive discussion on medical and nutritional issues especially relative to children with intestinal failure. It presents information on transplantation, but emphasizes rehabilitation. Topics cover etilogy/epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical assessment of intestinal failure in adults and pediatrics; medical and surgical management; prevention and treatment of complications of intestinal failure; nursing management; emerging diagnostic and therapeutic methods; and long term care. It is written by experts in nutrition, gastroenterology and pediatrics, pharmacy, as well as gastrointestinal surgery"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2011 SpringerNicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis (editor) ; with contributions by Philip Aschoff ... [et al.].Part 1. Technical Considerations -- Technical Considerations / Nickolas Papanikolaou and Charalampos Mpougias -- Part 2. Contrast Agents -- MR Contrast Agents / Luís Curvo-Semedo and Filipe Caseiro-Alves -- Part 3. Liver and Biliary Tract -- Diffuse Parenchymal Disease / Luis Martí-Bonmatí and Lucía Flors Blasco -- Benign Focal Lesions / Bernard E. Van Beers and Valérie Vilgrain -- Hepatocellular Carcinoma / Carlo Bartolozzi, Valentina Battaglia and Elena Bozzi -- Primary and Secondary Liver Malignancies / Sukru Mehmet Erturk, Karin Herrmann and Pablo R. Ros -- Biliary Tract / Sylvain Terraz, Magalie Viallon and Christoph D. Becker -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Liver and Biliary Tract Imaging / Luis Martí-Bonmatí and Estela López-Pérez -- Part 4. Pancreas -- Ducts / Celso Matos and Sandra Baleato -- Parenchymal Disease / Thomas K. Helmberger -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Pancreatic Imaging / Celso Matos, Martina Pezzullo and Charikleia Triantopoulou -- Part 5. Spleen -- Spleen / Olle Ekberg -- Part 6. Adrenals -- Adrenal Incidentalomas / Marzena Kulawska-Didoszak and Gabriel P. Krestin -- Functioning Adrenal Pathology / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Adrenals / Marzena Kulawska-Didoszak and Gabriel P. Krestin -- Part 7. Kidneys -- Renal Masses / Roberto Pozzi Mucelli, Niccolò Faccioli and Riccardo Manfredi -- Excretory System / Claus Nolte-Ernsting -- Pitfalls of Imaging of the Kidneys / Roberto Pozzi Mucelli -- Part 8. Gut -- Small Bowel / Sofia Gourtsoyianni, Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis and Nickolas Papanikolaou -- MR Colonography / Thomas C. Lauenstein -- Rectum / Sofia Gourtsoyianni and Regina G. H. Beets-Tan -- Fistula-in-Ano / Steve Halligan and Stuart Taylor -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Small Bowel and Rectum / Regina G. H. Beets-Tan, Nickolas Papanikolaou and Nicholas C. Gourtsoyiannis -- Part 9. Pelvis -- Female Pelvis / Evis Sala and Rodney H. Reznek -- Prostate Gland / François Cornud and Nicholas Papanicolaou -- Pearls and Pitfalls of Imaging of the Pelvis / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Part 10. Pediatric Abdomen -- MR Imaging of Paediatric Abdomen / Michael Riccabona and Fred Avni -- Part 11. MRI Advances in Patients with Cancer -- Whole-Body MRI / Philip Aschoff, Claus D. Claussen and Heinz-Peter Schlemmer -- Diffusion-Weighted Imaging / Anwar R. Padhani and Shilpan M. Patel -- Target Volume Definition / Anju Sahdev and Rodney H. Reznek -- Part 12. Abdominal MRI at 3 Tesla -- 3 Tesla MR Imaging in the Abdomen / Pablo R. Ros and Sukru Mehmet Erturk.
- 2006 Springer[edited by] M. Pescatori, C.I. Bartram, A.P. Zbar ; foreword by R.J. Nicholls.
- 2010 Kargervolume editors, Julia Mayerle, Herbert Tilg.Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Bugianesi, E. -- Fibrosis in the GI tract : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Pinzani, M. -- Chronic hepatitis B : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Wursthorn, K.; Mederacke, I.; Manns, M.P. -- Chronic hepatitis C : pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment options / Asselah, T. ... [et al.] -- Clinical update on inflammatory disorders of the GI tract : liver transplantation / de Rougemont, O.; Dutkowski, P.; Clavien, P.-A. -- Hepatocellular carcinoma / Peck-Radosavljevic, M. -- Coeliac disease / Schuppan, D. -- Anti-TNF therapy in inflammatory bowel diseases / Fiorino, G.; Danese, S.; Peyrin-Biroulet, L. -- Role of epithelial cells in inflammatory bowel disease / Kaser, A. -- GI immune response in functional GI disorders / Tack, J.; Kindt, S. -- Probiotics in GI diseases / Gionchetti, P. ... [et al.] -- Microscopic colitis / Pardi, D.S.; Miehlke, S. -- Inflammatory proteins as prognostic markers in acute pancreatitis / Frossard, J.L.; Bhatia, M. -- Antibiotics, probiotics, and enteral nutrition : means to prevent infected necrosis in AP / van Doesburg, I.A. ... [et al.] on behalf of the Dutch Pancreatitis Study Group -- Immunotherapy of pancreatic carcinoma : recent advances / Märten, A.; Büchler, M.W. -- IKK/NF-B/Rel in acute pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer : torments of tantalus / Algül, H.; Schmid, R.M. -- Helicobacter pylori infection : to eradicate or not to eradicate / Schütte, K. ... [et al.] -- Clinical update on inflammatory disorder of the GI tract, carcinogenesis, and treatment of gastric cancer / Rad, R.; Ebert, M.
- 2014 SpringerPeter C. Belafsky, Maggie A. Kuhn.The Clinician's Guide to Swallowing Fluoroscopy is a comprehensive resource for all dysphagia clinicians. This beautifully-illustrated text is intended for SLP, ENT, radiology, GI, and rehabilitation specialists interested in swallowing and addresses the need for an up-to-date, all-inclusive reference. Topics covered include radiation safety and protection, fluoroscopic oral, pharygeal, and esophageal phase protocols and abnormalities, and objective measures of timing and displacement.
- 2010 SpringerThomas L. Husted, Hannes Wacha, Joseph S. Solomkin.
- 2014 SpringerKarel Geboes, Sonia Nemolato, Maria Leo, Gavino Faa.The Normal Biopsy: Mucosa And Submucosa -- The Endoscopic Biopsy -- Elementary Lesions Of Inflammation -- Dysplasia -- Infections -- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases -- Treatment Related Diseases -- Ischemic Colitis -- Diverticular Disease-Associated Colitis -- Eosinophilic Colitis -- Microscopic Colitis -- Drug-Induced Colitis -- Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome -- The Role Of Biopsies In The Treatment Of Colitis: Scoring Of Disease Activity.
- 2016 SpringerMasato Kusunoki, editor.
- 2005 Ovid[edited by] Marvin L. Corman.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2015 SpringerOmer Engin, editor.This book explains clearly the nature of colon polyps and their relationship with colorectal cancer, which is among the three most common cancers in both men and women. Up-to-date information is provided on anatomy, pathology, types of polyp and their treatment, and the performance of colonoscopy. Particular attention is devoted to the risk factors for development of colorectal cancer, with detailed guidance on its prevention and early diagnosis and treatment. While the book is primarily intended for medical specialists and students, a deliberate and consistent effort has been made to use plain language that will enable other interested persons, including patients, to understand all aspects of the subject.
- 2015investigators: Aasma Shaukat, MD, MPH, Joseph Wels, MD, Ashish Malhotra, MD, Nancy Greer, PhD, Roderick MacDonald, MS, Maureen Carlyle, MPH, Indulis Rutks, BS, and Timothy J Wilt, MD, MPH.
- 2009 Springeredited by Jeffrey Conklin, Mark Pimentel, Edy Soffer.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyedited by Susan L. Gearhart, Nita Ahuja.Epidemiology and risk factors of colorectal cancer / Kathryn M. Chu -- Presentation and initial evaluation of colorectal cancer / Susan Tsai and Susan L. Gearhart -- Hereditary colorectal cancer and polyp syndromes / Francis M. Giardiello -- Genetic screening / Cheryl J. Pendergrass -- Behavior and dietary modification in the prevention of colon cancer / Stephanie Downing, Emmanouil P. Pappou, and Nita Ahuja -- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer / Melissa A. Munsell and Francis M. Giardiello -- Fecal occult blood test / Michel A. Kafrouni and John H. Kwon -- Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy in colorectal cancer screening and -- Surveillance / Michelle N. Zikusoka and John H. Kwon -- Stool and blood sampling for early detection of colorectal cancer / Jason K. Sicklick and Nita Ahuja -- Radiologic techniques : virtual colonoscopy / Karen M. Horton -- Preoperative evaluation / Jerry Stonemetz, Nicole A. Phillips, and Susan L. Gearhart -- Limited resection : indications, techniques, and outcomes of transanal excision and -- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery / Elizabeth C. Wick -- Minimally invasive techniques : indications, techniques, and outcomes / Susan L. Gearhart -- Endoscopic techniques in colorectal neoplasia / Eun i. Shin and Samuel A. Giday -- Open surgical techniques in colorectal cancer / Vanita Ahuja -- Systemic therapy for colon cancer / Khaled El-Shami, Sujatha Nallapareddy, and Wells Messersmith -- Radiation therapy for colorectal adenocarcinoma : external beam and intraoperative -- Radiation therapy / Joseph M. Herman and Timothy M. Pawlik -- Surveillance and follow-up / Matthew T. Hueman and Nita Ahuja -- Clinical trials : why participate? / Jamila Mwidau and David Chang -- Vaccines and immunotherapy / Ajay Jain and Richard Schulick -- Genetic profiling in colorectal cancer / Debashish Bose and Nita Ahuja -- Coping with colorectal cancer / Eden R. Stotsky.
- 2009 Springeredited by M.A. Hayat.
- 2007 Springeredited by Leonard B. Saltz.Molecular biology of colon cancer / William M. Grady -- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer / Yu-Ning Wong ...[et al.] -- Colorectal cancer screening and surveillance / Arnold J. Markowitz -- Cytotoxic chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer / M. Wasif Saif, Richard Kim, and Edward Chu -- Integration of antiangiogenic strategies in colorectal cancer treatment / John M. Strother and Charles D. Blanke -- The role of EGFR inhibition in colorectal cancer / Nabeel Shalan and Paulo M. Hoff -- Second-line strategies in the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer / Anthony B. El-Khoueiry and Heinz-Josef Lenz -- Adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancer / Bert H. O'Neil ... [et al.] -- Management of locally advanced rectal cancer / Yu Jo Chua and David Cunningham -- Rationale for adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the resection of liver metastases / Axel Grothey and Steven A. Alberts -- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation in the management of patients with colorectal cancer / Karen Brown -- Colorectal cancer imaging / Sean D. Curran and Laurence H. Schwartz -- Nursing issues in colorectal cancer chemotherapy / Ellen Hollywood and Deborah Semple -- Pain management in the colorectal cancer patient / Vivek Tim Malhotra -- Novel agents and new paradigms for colorectal cancer / Chris Takimoto and Russell Kruzelock.
- 2014 Wileyedited by John H. Scholefield, Cathy Eng.Epidemiology / Mala Pande and Marsha L. Frazier -- Screening for colorectal cancer / Robert J.C. Steele and Paula MacDonald -- Management of adenomas / Sunil Dolwani, Rajvinder Singh, Noriya Uedo and Krish Ragunath -- How histopathology affects the management of the multidisciplinary team / Dipen Maru -- Radical colonic resection / Kenichi Sugihara, Yusuke Kinugasa, Shunsuke Tsukamoto -- Extralevator abdominoperineal excision (ELAPE) for advanced low rectal cancer / Brendan J. Moran and Timothy J. Moore -- Neoadjuvant therapy without surgery for early stage rectal cancer? / Thomas D. Pinkney, Simon P. Bach -- Minimally invasive surgery for rectal cancer and robotics / David Jayne & Gregory Taylor -- Surgery for anal cancer / John H. Scholefield -- Controversies in adjuvant chemotherapy / Stephen Staal, Carmen Allegra -- Long versus short course radiotherapy for rectal cancer / Manisha Palta, Christopher Willett & Brian Czito -- More treatment is not necessarily better, limited options for chemotherapeutic radiosensitization / Daedong Kim -- Controversies in advanced disease/surgical approaches for metastatic resection / Amanda B. Cooper, Thomas A. Aloia, Jean-Nicolas Vauthey, Steven A. Curley -- Controversies in chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancer / Ludmila Katherine Martin and Tanios Bekaii-Saab -- What is the role of surveillance for colorectal cancer? / Daedong Kim -- The younger patient with colorectal cancer : genetic counseling discussion / Sarah A. Bannon, Maureen E. Mork and Miguel A. Rodriguez-Bigas -- Best practices of supportive care while receiving chemotherapy : anti-emetics, diarrhea, anorexia, dermatologic recommendations / Maura Polansky -- Palliative care vignettes / Jenny Wei and Egidio Del Fabbro.
- 2011 SpringerJoseph C. Anderson, Charles J. Kahi, editors.Colorectal cancer pathways / Petr Protiva -- Risk factors and screening for colorectal cancer / Joseph C. Anderson -- Hereditary adenomatous colorectal cancer syndromes / Maqsood Khan and Carol A Burke -- Screening and surveillance guidelines / Robert J. Chehade and Douglas J. Robertson -- Barriers to colorectal cancer screening : patient, physician, and system factors / Catherine R. Messina -- Screening for colorectal cancer using colonoscopy / Douglas K. Rex -- New colonoscopic technologies for colorectal cancer screening / Douglas K. Rex -- Screening for CRC using CT colonography / Brooks D. Cash -- Noninvasive screening tests / Nabil Fayad and Thomas F. Imperiale -- Removal of difficult colon polyps / Jerome Waye -- Screening for colorectal cancer in the elderly / Charles J. Kahi -- Chemoprevention / Jeffrey Singerman and Petr Protiva.
- 2013 SpringerBrooks D. Cash, editor.Overview of Colorectal Cancer / Joseph C. Anderson -- Colorectal Cancer Screening Tests and Recommendations / Don C. Rockey -- CTC Background and Development / Darren Boone -- Indications and Evidence for CTC / Elizabeth G. McFarland -- Performance and Interpretation of CTC / Peter D. Poullos -- Integration of CTC into a CRC Screening Program / Steven Carpenter -- CTC Controversies (Radiation Exposure, Extracolonic Findings, Cost-Effectiveness) / Andrea Laghi, Franco Iafrate -- CTC Pitfalls/Limitations / Donald W. Jensen, Duncan Barlow -- Future Directions/Innovations with CTC (Prepless CTC, Alternative Displays, Computer-Aided Detection) / Farid Dahi, Abraham H. Dachman.
- 2015 SpringerAasma Shaukat, John I. Allen, editors.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyH. Randolph Bailey [and others].Written for the general surgeon who is called upon to manage diseases and disorders of the large bowel, rectum, and anus, this reference provides advanced, expert guidance on how to avoid complications and achieve the most successful results. Visualize relevant anatomy and techniques more easily with high-quality, full-color line drawings and clinical photos throughout. Zero in on the information you need with key points boxes in every chapter that provide a quick overview of the topic at hand. Get practical, hands-on advice on managing the diseases and disorders you're most likely to encounter. Learn from acknowledged leaders in the field who excel in both academic and clinical areas.
- 2006 SpringerMark Killingback.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyedited by Robin K.S. Phillips, Sue Clark.Anorectal investigation / Alexis M.P. Schizas and Andrew B. Williams -- Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy / Adam Haycock and Siwan Thomas-Gibson -- Inherited bowel cancer / Sue Clark and Andrew Latchford -- Colonic cancer / Robert J.C. Steele -- Rectal cancer / A. Zia Janjua and Brendan J. Moran -- Adjuvant therapy for colorectal cancer / Ganesh Radhakrishna and David Sebag-Montefiore -- Anal cancer / John H. Scholefield -- Diverticular disease / Des Winter -- Ulcerative colitis / Scott R. Kelley and Eric J. Dozois -- Crohn's disease / Mark W. Thompson-Fawcett and Neil J.McC. Mortensen -- Incontinence / Paul-Antoine Lehur and Mark T.C. Wong -- Functional problems and their surgical management / Nicola S. Fearnhead -- Functional problems and their medical management / Anton V. Emmanuel -- Anal fistula : evaluation and management / Peter J. Lunniss and Robin K.S. Phillips -- Minor anorectal conditions / Jit-Fong Lim and Francis Seow-Choen -- Sexually transmitted diseases and the anorectum / Lester Gottesman and Josef A. Shehebar -- Minimally invasive surgery and enhanced recovery programmes in colorectal disease / Ian Jenkins and Robin Kennedy -- Intestinal failure / Carolynne Vaizey and Janindra Warusavitarne.
- 2005 Springer[edited by] Steven D. Wexner, Andrew P. Zbar, Mario Pescatori ; with a foreword by Robin Phillips.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2016 SpringerCavit Avci, José M. Schiappa, editors.1. Creating the pneumoperitoneum -- 2. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy -- 3. Laparoscopic management of gastroesophageal reflux disease -- 4. Colorectal laparoscopic surgery -- 5. Minimally invasive spleen surgery -- 6. Laparoscopic hernia repair: transabdominal preperitoneal technique (TAPP) -- 7. Laparoscopic hernia repair: totally extraperitoneal technique (TEP). .
- 2015 SpringerAndrew P. Keaveny, Andrés Cárdenas, editors.Pathogenesis and Evolution of Liver Fibrosis: Cirrhosis or Cirrhoses? -- Natural History of Cirrhosis -- Prediction of Complications of Cirrhosis: Molecular Biomarkers -- Predictors of Clinical Complications of Cirrhosis -- Non-Invasive Markers of Fibrosis in the Assessment of Cirrhosis -- Diagnosis of cirrhosis: Imaging -- Measurement of Portal Pressure and Transjugular Liver Biopsy -- Reversal of Cirrhosis -- Esophageal Varices: Primary and Secondary Prophylaxis -- Acute Variceal Bleeding -- Gastric and Ectopic Varices -- Portal Hypertensive Gastropathy and Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia (GAVE) -- Ascites and Refractory Ascites Arun Sanyal -- Hyponatremia in Cirrhosis -- Hepatorenal syndrome -- Hepatic Encephalopathy -- Cirrhotic Cardiomyopathy: Pathogenic Mechanisms and Management Strategies -- Hepatopulmonary syndrome -- Portopulmonary Hypertension -- Portal Vein Thrombosis -- Coagulation Disorders in Patients with Cirrhosis -- Hepatocellular Carcinoma -- Cholangiocarcinoma -- Bacterial Infections in Patients with Cirrhosis -- Acute-on-Chronic Liver failure (ACLF) -- Liver support systems -- Liver Transplantation -- Assessment and management of the patient with cirrhosis undergoing surgery -- Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle, Managing Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension and Immunizations in Patients with Cirrhosis -- Malnutrition in Patients with Cirrhosis -- Bone disease in Patients with Cirrhosis -- The Economic Cost of Cirrhosis -- Delivering Quality Care to Patients with Cirrhosis: A Practical Guide for Clinicians -- Quality of life issues for patients with cirrhosis -- Palliative Care in Cirrhosis -- Ethical Issues in End Stage Liver Disease: A Framework for Assessment and the Challenges.
- 2012 Kargervolume editor, Anil Dhawan.Growing up with liver disease, psychological aspects of paediatric liver disease / H. Boulton, F. Bathgate -- Acute liver failure in children and adolescents / NP Shanmugam, S Bansal, A Dhawan -- Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis in children / AS Knisley -- Biliary atresia / R Hill, M Davenport -- Alagille Syndrome / M Mouzaki, BM Kamath -- Immune deficiency-related liver disease / N Hadzic -- Autoimmune liver disease / G Mielli-Vergani, D Vergani -- Wilson Disease / P Socha -- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in children / A Alisi, R De Vito, D Viggiano, L Morcaldi, V Nobili -- Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension / SK Yachha, B Jagadisan -- Primary liver malignancies: surgical aspects including transplantation / J-B Otte -- Viral hepatitis in children / X Stephene, E Sokal -- Non-viral infections of the liver / A Verma -- Intestinal failure, parenteral nutrition and liver disease / OJ Goulet -- Liver transplantation / R Ciria, N Heaton -- Hepatocyte transplantation, 'omics' and gene therapy in the management of liver diseases / S Jitraruch, H Qin, RD Hughes, SC Lehec, RR Mitry.
- 2014 SpringerSuzanne Rose, editor.Constipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment serves as an unmet resource for physicians and other health care providers, including trainees and students, who see patients with constipation. The text reviews pathophysiologic mechanisms and details evaluation and management strategies. The volume also enables the reader to identify epidemiologic factors and quality of life parameters for patients with constipation, discuss differences in pathophysiologic mechanisms for different etiologies of constipation, recognize primary causes of constipation, and assess special considerations related to the symptom of constipation including presentations in the elderly, in pregnant women, in patients with systemic diseases, and patients with a history of abuse. Written by thought leaders and recognized experts in gastrointestinal motility and medical education, Constipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment is of great value and utility for gastroenterologists, primary care physicians, gynecologists, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, as well as fellows and residents.
- 2006 SpringerSteven D. Wexner and Graeme S. Duthie (eds.) ; foreword by David C.C. Bartolo.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2012 SpringerSteven R. Brown, John E. Hartley, Jim Hill, Nigel Scott, J. Graham Williams, editors.1. Introduction: Colorectal Surgery - The Specialty / Nigel Scott and Lars Påhlman -- 2. Hemorrhoids / J. Graham Williams -- 3. Anal Fissure and Its Management / Aidan Fowler -- 4. Anorectal Fistula / Rick Nelson -- 5. The Management of Pilonidal Sinus Disease / Asha Senapati -- 6. Hidradenitis Suppurativa / Nigel Scott -- 7. Pruritus Ani / Ian Badger -- 8. Anorectal Sexually Transmitted Infections / Benjamin P. Goorney -- 9. Colorectal Cancer Screening and Surveillance / Susan K. Clark -- 10. Imaging in Colorectal Cancer / Rishi Sethi and Stephen H. Lee -- 11. Early Colorectal Cancer Management / Jim Hill -- 12. Colon Cancer: Advantages of the Laparoscopic Approach and the Principles of Enhanced Recovery / Hugh J. Gallagher and Sophie E. Noblett -- 13. Evidence-Based Management of Rectal Cancer / Paul Rooney and Nagarajan Pranesh -- 14. Chemotherapy and Biomarkers / Francisca E. Marti and Mark P. Saunders -- 15. Colorectal Liver Metastases / Saurabh Jamdar, Aali J. Sheen, and Ajith K. Siriwardena -- 16. Anal Cancer / Jim Hill -- 17. Medical Management of Ulcerative Colitis / Paul Flanagan and Keith Leiper -- 18. Surgical Options in Ulcerative Colitis / Daniel L. Beral and John E. Hartley -- 19. Surgery for Fulminant Colitis / Kaori Futaba, Tony Mak, and Dion Morton -- 20. Failing Pouch / Hasan T. Kirat and Feza H. Remzi -- 21. Surgery for Small Bowel Crohn's Disease / Paul Rooney and Nicola Eardley -- 22. Perianal Crohn's Disease / Nigel Scott -- 23. Surgical Nutrition / Ciaran J. Walsh -- 24. Diverticular Disease / Catherine McCarthy, Niklas Hennessy, and Basil Fozard -- 25. Assessment and Investigation of Fecal Incontinence and Constipation / Peter J. Mitchell and Edward S. Kiff -- 26. Interventions for Fecal Incontinence / Steven R. Brown -- 27. The Management of Constipation / Sushil Maslekar and David G. Jayne -- 28. Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome and Pelvic Pain / Martin Farmer -- 29. Rectal Prolapse / J. Graham Williams -- 30. Acute Colonic Pseudo-obstruction / Keith Chapple -- 31. Colonic Volvulus / Lesley M. Hunt -- 32. Rectovaginal Endometriosis / Ian J. Adam -- 33. Stomas / Mark Cheetham -- 34. Intensive Care: The Basics / Jonathon R. Goodall -- 35. Critical Care Scoring Systems / Andrew Fisher and Dermot Burke -- 36. Surgical Fluid Management / Sophie E. Noblett and Alan F. Horgan -- 37. Colonic Bleeding / Rachael Lawrence and Helen O'Grady -- 38. Fecal Peritonitis / Arun Loganathan and John E. Hartley -- 39. Large Bowel Obstruction / Malcolm Wilson -- 40. Miscellaneous (Non-IBD) Colitides / Paul Turner and Ian Botterill -- 41. Colon and Rectal Trauma / Jeff Garner -- 42. Postoperative Complications / Sonia Lockwood and Jon Armitage.
- 2014 WileyAdam Haycock, Jonathan Cohen, Brian Saunders, Peter B. Cotton, Christopher B. Williams ; videos supplied by Stephen Preston.
- 2010 SpringerRoberto Tersigni, Cosimo Prantera (eds.) ; foreword by Enrico De Antoni.Etiology / Marzia Marrollo, Alessandro Armuzzi and Fabio Zannoni -- Epidemiology / Marina Rizzi -- Genetics / Marco Castori and Paola Grammatico -- The Role of the Pathologist in the Management of Patients with Crohn's Disease / Roberto Pisa, Maria Cristina Macciomei and Alvaro Leone -- Clinical Presentation / Anna Kohn, Caterina Maria Camastra, Rita Monterubbianesi and Marina Rizzi -- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Role of Endoscopy / Arnaldo Andreoli, Patrizia Meddi, Paolo Pantanella and Antonio Tesi -- Laboratory Tests / Giuseppe Famularo and Giovanni Minisola -- Imaging / Loredana Adami, Maurizio Atzori, Paola Cerro, Andrea Cortese and Pasquale Ialongo, et al. -- Diagnosis of Anorectal Disease / Pasquale Ialongo, Loredana Adami, Maurizio Atzori, Cesare Hassan and Andrea Cortese, et al. -- Role of Interventional Radiology / Francesco Colucci, Paolo Agresti, Stefano Pieri, Maurizio Morucci and Lorenzo de' Medici -- Standard Therapeutic Approach / Roberto Mangiarotti -- New Therapies / Maria Lia Scribano and Maria Laura Annunziata -- Cell and Stem-Cell Therapies of Crohn's Disease and Complications / Luca Pierelli, Sergio Rutella and Giuseppina Bonanno -- Surgical Treatment / Roberto Tersigni -- Crohn's Disease in Children / Salvatore Cucchiara and Laura Stronati -- Perianal Disease / Luciano Alessandroni -- Crohn's Disease and Pregnancy / Claudio Donadio, Rocco Cosintino, Giuliano Rigon, Claudio Donadio and Fabrizio Signore -- Rheumatological Manifestations of Crohn's Disease / Giovanni Minisola and Giuseppe Famularo -- Cutaneous Manifestations / Luciano Alessandroni and Andrea Scotti -- Ocular Manifestations / Vincenzo Petitti and Stefano Tamburi -- Hepatopathologies / Leone Nauri -- Infectious Complications / Nicola Petrosillo and Cecilia M. J. Drapeau -- Kidney Disease / Margherita Rosa and Salvatore Di Giulio -- Crohn's Disease and Cancer / Fabio Calabrò and Cora N. Sternberg -- Crohn's Disease and Malignant Lymphomas / Valerio Zoli, Anna Proia and Ignazio Majolino -- Psychological and Social Aspects / Susan Levenstein and Vilma Varvo.
- 2016 SpringerGiuseppe Lo Re, Massimo Midiri, editors.Epidemiologic aspect of Crohn's Disease.-Clinical presentation of Crohn's disease -- Laboratory tests in Crohn's disease -- Decourse of Disease.-Diagnostic and therapeutic role of endoscopy in Crohn's disease -- Perianal Crohn's -- Standard therapeutic approach and new therapies -- Current status of imaging in small and large bowel diseases -- X-ray in inflammatory and bowel disease, Jurassic technique or yet still useful in the 21st century? -- US in Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- MDCT enteroclysis and enterography -- MRI enteroclysis and enterography -- Anal fistula in Crohn's disease -- Extraintestinal findings in Crohn' Disease patients -- Follow- up of IBD -- Surgery and Crohn's disease -- Surgical emergencies in Crohn's Disease -- Perianal surgery in in Crohn' Disease.
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis : from epidemiology and immunobiology to a rational diagnostic and therapeutic approach2012 SpringerDaniel C. Baumgart, editor."The conditions of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are excellent examples of how the exponential growth of knowledge in biomedical science can make a remarkable impact on clinical practice and patient's quality of life. It has led to the development of unique novel immunomodulatory treatments. These are continuously being refined to treat not only the two original conditions in the gut, but the systemic immunologic illness with its associated extraintestinal disorders. New therapies are sometimes complex and associated with important risks requiring a deeper understanding of their molecular principles from clinicians. Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis serves as a unique combined resource for physicians and scientists addressing the needs of both groups. It will stimulate exchange and collaboration and shorten the path between discovery and application of new knowledge and also help clinicians understand new therapeutic concepts from their origins. This volume provides an introduction to mucosal immunology which forms the basis of modern immunotherapy. It also serves as a comprehensive guide to the current diagnostic modalities, including enhanced imaging techniques such as MRI and CT enterography, virtual colonoscopy, ultrasound, and endomicroscopy as well as conventional and complex immunomodulatory principles. Each chapter is written by experts in their field and includes the most up to date information. Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis will be of great value to gastroenterologists, surgeons, internists, pediatricians and gynecologists trainees, as well as all those involved in Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and related autoimmune disorders"--Provided by publisher.
- 2015 SpringerAlessandro Fichera, Mukta K. Krane, editors.1. History of Crohn's Disease -- 2. Molecular and Genetic Factors in Crohn's Disease -- 3. Medical Therapy for Crohn's Disease: The Present -- 4. Medical Therapy: The Future -- 5. Diagnosti Fluoroscopy for Imaging Crohn's Disease -- 6. Diagnostics: Body Imaging -- 7. Diagnostics: Endoluminal -- 8. Ultrasound -- 9. Diagnostics: The Future -- 10. Surgery: Small Intestine Terminal Ileum- Resection -- 11. Bowel Sparing Procedures in Crohn's Disease of the Small Instestine -- 12. Surgery: Colon -- 13. Surgery: Perineum -- 14. Perineal Reconstruction in Crohn's Disease -- 15. Surgery: Surgical Quality -- 16. Recurrent CD: Medical Prophylaxis -- 17. Recurrent CD: Surgical Prophylaxis- Kono-S Anastomosis -- 18. Recurrent Crohn's Disease: Surgical Treatment -- 19. Extraintestinal Manifestations of Crohn's Disease -- 20. Enterostomal Therapy in the Management of the Patient with Crohn's Disease -- 21. Diet and Nutrition in the Treatment of Crohn's Disease -- 22. Fertility/Sexual Function -- 23. Quality of Life in Patients with Crohn's Disease -- Index.
- 2015 Springeredited by Arumugam Rajesh, Rakesh Sinha.1. Etiology and clinical features of Crohn's Disease -- 2. Pathological consideration in Crohn's Disease -- 3. The Role of endoscopy in the diagnosis and management of Crohn?s Disease -- 4. Capsule Endoscopy in the Evaluation of Crohn?s disease -- 5.Role of CTE/Enteroclysis in Crohn?s Disease -- 6. Ultrasonography in Crohn?s disease -- 7. CT and Magnetic Resonance enterography in Crohn?s disease -- 8. MR enteroclysis in Crohn?s disease -- 9. Radiological Assessment of Crohn?s Disease ? Current status and recent advances.- 10. Paediatric Crohn?s disease -- 11. Surgical management of Crohn?s disease -- 12. Overview of Medical management of Crohn?s disease.
- 2007 Ovideditors, Pablo R. Ros, Koenraad J. Mortele ; associate editors, Vincent Pelsser, Sylvester Lee.Liver and biliary system -- Pancreas -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Spleen -- Mesentery, omentum, and peritoneum -- Kidneys, ureter, and bladder -- Pelvis -- Retroperitoneum and adrenal glands -- Abdominal wall.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2014 Ovideditors, Pablo R. Ros, Koenraad J. Mortele ; associate editors, Vincent Pelsser, Smitha Thomas."Now in its Third Edition, this trusted and practical volume in LWW's Teaching File Series offers residents and practicing radiologists a unique opportunity to study alongside the experts in their field. For the first time, CT and MRI of the Abdomen and Pelvis is a hybrid publication, with a new paperback format and accompanying web content that includes a wealth of case studies users can access from their laptop, tablet, or mobile device. The book is useful both as a quick consult or study aid for anyone preparing for Board examinations in Radiology and other specialties where knowledge of CT and MRI of the abdomen and pelvis are required. This skill-builder delivers ... 416 structured case studies based on actual patients--each providing a brief patient history, as many as four CT/MR images, a short description of the findings, differential diagnosis, final diagnosis, and a discussion of the case. Detailed imaging of all areas of the abdomen and pelvis including the liver and biliary system, pancreas, GI tract, spleen, mesentery/omentum/peritoneum, kidney and urinary system retroperitoneum and adrenal glands and abdominal wall--helps readers understand relevant anatomy and identify pathologies. NEW to third Edition ... Hybrid format includes print and online components. 30% new cases address new challenges and provide timely information. Accompanying web site delivers access to all cases in the book, plus several hundred supplemental, "bonus" cases!"--Provided by publisher.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyPerry J. Pickhardt, David H. Kim.In CT Colonography, Perry Pickhardt and David Kim present techniques for quicker evaluation and diagnosis of colon cancer through the pioneering, specialty-changing imaging technique of virtual colonoscopy (VC). This combination of sophisticated X-rays and CT scans of the abdomen offers patients an alternative to colonoscopy that is cost effective and reduces the need for unnecessary polyp removal. Abundantly illustrated in full color, this pioneering book describes CT colonography from pathogenesis, staging and treatment through indications, technique, and interpretation for the most common pathologies. Covers principles, techniques, and interpretations for the most common pathologies in a logical, practical organization. Presents tips from the authors on setting up a VC practice to provide a personal, instructive guide. Provides over 1000 full-color, high-resolution anatomic images throughout for the clearest, most accurate picture of colorectal cancer, its natural history, and its diagnosis by VC. Focuses on images, with the text serving as context for the proper use and understanding of VC.
- 2013 SpringerEmanuele Neri, Lorenzo Faggioni, Carlo Bartolozzi, editors ; foreword by Maximilian F. Reiser.Normal colon -- Anatomical variants: positional anomalies of colon -- Pitfalls in imaging -- Diverticular disease -- Lipomatous lesions of the colon -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyps: pedunculated -- Sessile polyps -- Flat lesion -- Colon cancer -- Rectal cancer -- The ileocecal valve -- Operated large bowel.
- 2011 SpringerPatrice Taourel, editors [sic] ; foreword by Albert L. Baert.
- 2014 SpringerGiorgio Ascenti, Angelo Vanzulli, Carlo Catalano, Rendon C. Nelson.This book provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the continuously evolving field of dual-energy CT (DECT). An introductory section presents information on the physical and technical background of DECT and considers nonspecific and specific software advantages. Clinical applications of DECT in the evaluation of retroperitoneal viscera are then addressed in detail with the help of high-quality illustrations. Particular attention is devoted to the most recent DECT study protocols, software, and applications in aortic, renal, pancreatic, and adrenal disease. A number of case studies are reported that elucidate the advantages of DECT, and the relevant literature is extensively discussed. The book closes by considering radiation dose and dose-saving measures. The simple and practical approach offered by this book will assist radiologists in the optimal routine use and interpretation of DECT in different retroperitoneal sites and radiology technologists in the choice of settings and parameters.
- 2016 (3rd ed.) AccessMedicine2nd ed., 2012 AccessMedicineBlumberg, R. S.; Burakoff, Robert; Greenberger, Norton J.Also available: Print – 2009-<2016>
- 2015 SpringerRicardo H. Bardales, editor.
- 2016 SpringerMichael F. Vaezi, editor.
- 2007 ClinicalKeyParakrama T. Chandrasoma.Gastroesophageal reflux is one of the most common maladies of mankind. Approximately 40% of the adult population of the USA suffers from significant heartburn and the numerous antacids advertised incessantly on national television represents a $8 billion per year drug market. The ability to control acid secretion with the increasingly effective acid-suppressive agents such as the H2 blockers (pepcid, zantac) and proton pump inhibitors (nexium, prevacid) has given physicians an excellent method of treating the symptoms of acid reflux. This atlas is a source of easily digestible practical information for pathologists faced with biopsies from this region. It is also aimed at gastroenterologists as they biopsy these patients.
- 2014 SpringerKlaus Gottlieb, Gustavo Marino.The available textbooks on endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) typically focus on technique and interpretation of commonly observed images and scenarios and are aimed primarily at trainees. However, independent practitioners of EUS are often challenged by unusual cases which they are expected to handle competently despite the absence of authoritative guidance. The Diagnostic Endosonography aims to fill this gap by presenting carefully selected cases that will expand the practitioner's knowledge base and cover important clinical challenges. The case material is organized principally according to anatomic site. Approximately 170 case reports are included, each of which is accompanied by an average of three to five high-quality EUS images; in addition, CT and PET scans are shown when appropriate. For each case, the case description is followed by helpful 'teaching points' as well as up-to-date literature references and suggestions for future research.
- 2016 Ovid[edited by] Joel K. Greenson."DP: Gastrointestinal, Second Edition provides quick, up-to-date information on gastrointestinal pathology, both visual and factual, to either help the pathologist arrive at the correct diagnosis or refresh his or her memory about the diagnosis itself. Instead of full prose text, we have provided a stripped-down outline format. The key facts regarding each diagnosis are then highlighted in a box for ease of use. Tables highlighting the salient immunostains &/or molecular tests useful in the differential diagnosis of lesions are provided when appropriate, and all diagnoses are illustrated with high-quality color images taken with the intent of mimicking real practice. We hope that this book is useful as a quick reference at the microscope during sign-out, whether to look up something as esoteric as microsporidia or something as common as serrated colorectal polyps. While the images in this book will never be outdated, the same cannot be said for the text (how many new antibodies have come out in the time it took you to read this page?). To help alleviate this problem, the purchaser has a license to ExpertConsult, the eBook version of Diagnostic Pathology: Gastrointestinal, Second Edition, which will undergo regular updates."--Provided by publisher.
- 2011 Springeredited by Stefano Guandalini, Haleh Vaziri.Definition, epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical classification, and differential diagnosis of diarrhea -- Infectious gastroenteritis and colitis -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Eosinophilic enteritis -- Microscopic colitis -- Food allergy -- Protein-losing enteropathies -- Radiation enterocolitis -- Congenital disorders of digestion and absorption -- Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency -- Bacterial overgrowth -- Celiac disease -- Whipple disease -- Surgical conditions presenting with diarrhea -- Chronic diarrheal disorders due to endocrine neoplasms -- Diarrhea from enterotoxins -- Factitious diarrhea -- Chronic idiopathic diarrhea -- Irritable bowel syndrome -- Functional diarrhea (non-specific chronic diarrhea, toddler diarrhea) -- Diarrhea related to non-neoplastic endocrine diseases -- Alcohol-related diarrhea -- Drug-induced diarrhea -- Runner's diarrhea -- Evaluation of patients with diarrhea and timing of referral -- Empiric treatment of chronic diarrhea -- Probiotics for diarrheal diseases.
- 2016 SpringerJ. Michael Millis, Jeffrey B. Matthews, editors.
- 2008 ScienceDirectedited by Josep Font, Manuel Ramos-Casals, Juan Rodés.The book "The digestive system in systemic autoimmune diseases" represents the state-of-the-art in the field of digestive disorders in the most common systemic autoimmune diseases. The volume consists of an introductory chapter on imaging techniques in digestive diseases, followed by eight chapters on digestive manifestations in specific systemic autoimmune diseases. The final five chapters deal with digestive diseases with an autoimmune pathogenesis and systemic manifestations. International in scope, the table of contents reads like a Who's who in clinical research on systemic autoimmune diseases. More than 20 contributors from the European Union, the United States, Mexico and South Africa share their knowledge in this detailed volume. *One book of leading international clinical and scientific experts on autoimmune and digestive diseases. *A practical guide to the identification, diagnosis and treatment of digestive involvement in patients with autoimmune diseases that will be useful for all medical specialties. *Several diseases and conditions not included in other text books are included, some of which are of recent emergence. *Each chapter is designed to serve as a Guide to Clinical Practice for each disease.
- Abdominal imaging — Digestive involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases (132)
- Disease recurrence after liver transplantation : natural history, treatment and survival — Intestinal failure and rehabilitation : a clinical guide (132)
- Intestinal microbiota in health and disease : modern concepts — Pathology of the esophagus : an atlas and textbook. 2nd ed. (132)
- Pediatric critical care medicine. Volume 3, Gastroenterological, endocrine, renal, hematologic, oncologic and immune systems. Second edition. [2nd ed.] — Zoom gastroscopy : magnifying endoscopy in the stomach (130)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed Plus is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.