Books by Subject
Family Planning Services
- Contraception for adolescent and young adult women 2014, SpringerNow more than ever there is a need for youth to learn about and use contraception consistently and effectively. Contraception for Adolescent and Young Adult Womenis a valuable resource for gynecologists and primary care practitioners who are on the front lines when it comes to discussing, recommending, and prescribing contraceptive options to adolescent and young adult women. The book is filled with evidence-based information presented in an easy-to-access format, ideal for the busy clinician who needs information at his or her fingertips. The first chapter answers the question 'why is contraception important in this population?' and outlines the basics of the initial clinical visit. The book continues by covering each method of contraception currently available, and concludes with a survey of special issues pertinent to young women. In its entirety, the content lays the groundwork for helping providers improve clinical practice in contraceptive care, tailored to the unique needs of young women. This book serves as an excellent reference for family physicians, adolescent medicine physicians, gynecologists, and anyone who wishes to learn and implement best contraceptive counseling and provision practices.
- Handbook of contraception a guide for practical management 2006, SpringerContraceptive overview / Donna Shoupe -- Oral contraceptives: history, pharmacology, metabolic effects, side effects, and health benefits / Donna Shoupe and Daniel R. Mishell, Jr. -- Oral contraceptives: patient screening and counseling, pill selection, and managing side effects / Donna Shoupe -- Progestin-only oral contraceptives / Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive patch / Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive ring / Susan A. Ballagh -- Long-acting progestin injectables: comparison of Depo-Provera with Depo-SubQ Provera 104 / Ronna Jurow and Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive implants: introducing Implanon / Philip D. Darney -- Intrauterine devices: comparison of the Copper T intrauterine device with the Levonorgestrel Intrauterine system / Angela Y. Chen and Susie Baldwin -- Barrier contraceptives: male condoms, vaginal spermicides, and cervical barrier methods / Donna Shoupe -- Behavioral methods of contraception / Jennefer A. Russo and Anita L. Nelson -- Emergency contraceptives / Donna Shoupe -- Female tubal sterilization: traditional and research methods / Charles M. March -- Contraception for special populations: adolescents and perimenopausal women following pregnancy and during lactation / Donna Shoupe -- Choosing the optimal contraceptive method in women with medical disease / Siri L. Kjos.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.