Books by Subject
Family Planning Services
- The Clinical practice handbook for safe abortion care is intended to facilitate the practical application of the clinical recommendations from the second edition of Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance for health systems (World Health Organization [WHO] 2012). While legal, regulatory, policy and service-delivery contexts may vary from country to country, the recommendations and best practices described in both of these documents aim to enable evidence-based decision-making with respect to safe abortion care.
- Contraception for adolescent and young adult women 2014SpringerNow more than ever there is a need for youth to learn about and use contraception consistently and effectively. Contraception for Adolescent and Young Adult Womenis a valuable resource for gynecologists and primary care practitioners who are on the front lines when it comes to discussing, recommending, and prescribing contraceptive options to adolescent and young adult women. The book is filled with evidence-based information presented in an easy-to-access format, ideal for the busy clinician who needs information at his or her fingertips. The first chapter answers the question 'why is contraception important in this population?' and outlines the basics of the initial clinical visit. The book continues by covering each method of contraception currently available, and concludes with a survey of special issues pertinent to young women. In its entirety, the content lays the groundwork for helping providers improve clinical practice in contraceptive care, tailored to the unique needs of young women. This book serves as an excellent reference for family physicians, adolescent medicine physicians, gynecologists, and anyone who wishes to learn and implement best contraceptive counseling and provision practices.
- Contraception for the medically challenging patient 2014SpringerWomen with chronic medical problems are at higher risk for complications during pregnancy and, therefore, they are especially in need of appropriate preconception and contraception care. Furthermore, many women with chronic medical problems do not obtain adequate preconception and contraception care. Despite published guidelines by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there is a substantial gap in medical practice regarding the use of contraception in women with co-existing medical problems. Contraception for the Medically Challenging Patient fills the gap that currently exists in the knowledge of correct contraceptive prescribing practice and shows that inappropriate contraindications can easily become a barrier to effective contraception use among women. Chapters highlight obsolete views about appropriate candidates for contraception and address the complex contraceptive needs of today's medically challenging patients with HIV/AIDS, uterine fibroids, or cardiac, neurologic or thyroid disease. The book gives attention to recommendations on the use of contraception in women with medical problems such as diabetes, obesity, epilepsy, and lupus, among others, and provides comprehensive information regarding the effects that certain drugs may have on contraceptive hormone levels. While national guidelines do exist for contraceptive eligibility, this book discusses in more detail the evidence behind the guideline recommendations and the nuances that clinicians confront in daily practice.
- Contraceptive overview / Donna Shoupe -- Oral contraceptives: history, pharmacology, metabolic effects, side effects, and health benefits / Donna Shoupe and Daniel R. Mishell, Jr. -- Oral contraceptives: patient screening and counseling, pill selection, and managing side effects / Donna Shoupe -- Progestin-only oral contraceptives / Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive patch / Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive ring / Susan A. Ballagh -- Long-acting progestin injectables: comparison of Depo-Provera with Depo-SubQ Provera 104 / Ronna Jurow and Donna Shoupe -- Contraceptive implants: introducing Implanon / Philip D. Darney -- Intrauterine devices: comparison of the Copper T intrauterine device with the Levonorgestrel Intrauterine system / Angela Y. Chen and Susie Baldwin -- Barrier contraceptives: male condoms, vaginal spermicides, and cervical barrier methods / Donna Shoupe -- Behavioral methods of contraception / Jennefer A. Russo and Anita L. Nelson -- Emergency contraceptives / Donna Shoupe -- Female tubal sterilization: traditional and research methods / Charles M. March -- Contraception for special populations: adolescents and perimenopausal women following pregnancy and during lactation / Donna Shoupe -- Choosing the optimal contraceptive method in women with medical disease / Siri L. Kjos.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.