Books by Subject
- Best evidence for spine surgery 2012, ScienceDirectCervical disk herniation : anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion versus arthroplasty / Mir H. Ali, Frank M. Phillips -- Multilevel anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion : bone-grafting options / Sheeraz A. Qureshi, Andrew C. Hecht, Scott D. Boden -- Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament : anterior versus posterior approach / Garrick W. Cason, Edward R. Anderson III, Harry N. Herkowitz -- Minimally invasive approaches to thoracic disk herniations / Alfred T. Ogden, Michael G. Kaiser, Richard G. Fessler -- Lumbar disk herniation with mild neurological deficit : microdiskectomy versus conservative treatment / Kelli L. Crabtree, Paul M. Arnold -- Cervical spondylosis-spinal stenosis : laminoplasty versus laminectomy and fusion / Yu-Po Lee, Niraj Patel, Steven R. Garfin -- Lumbar degenerative disk disease : fusion versus artificial disk / Michael F. Duffy, Jack E. Zigler -- Degenerative spondylolisthesis with radicular pain : decompression only versus decompression and fusion / Tuan V. Nguyen, Robert A. McGuire Jr. -- Asymptomatic intradural Schwannoma : surgery versus radiosurgery versus observation / Christopher E. Mandigo, Paul C. McCormick -- Pseudotumor : transoral versus posterior fusion / Daniel M. Sciubba ... [et al.] -- Odontoid fracture in the elderly : odontoid screws versus posterior fusion / Harvey E. Smith, Scott D. Daffner, Alexander R. Vaccaro -- C1-C2 fusion : transarticular screws versus Harms procedure / Thomas J. Kesman, Bradford L. Currier -- Multilevel cervical corpectomy : anterior-only versus circumferential instrumentation / Andrew J. Schoenfeld, Christopher M. Bono -- Cervical jumped facets and incomplete neurological deficit : closed reduction versus urgent surgery / Michael A. Finn, Paul A. Anderson -- Laminectomy across cervico thoracic junction : fusion versus non fusion / Timothy E. Link, Rahul Jandial, Volker K.H. Sonntag -- Vertebral metastases : ventral and dorsal approach versus lateral -- Extracavitary transpedicular approach / John H. Shin, Edward C. Benzel -- Degenerative scoliosis: anterior and posterior fusion versus posterior fusion / Krishna Gumidyala, Sigurd Berven -- Sagittal imbalance: multiple Smith-Petersen osteotomies versus pedicle substraction osteotomies / Jamal McClendon ... [et al.] -- -- L1-S1 fusion: extending to T12 and pelvis and when to include L5-S1 anterior grafting / Steven Mardjetko -- High-grade spondylolisthesis : reduction and fusion versus in situ fusion / Matthew B. Maserati, Christopher I. Shaffrey, Adam S. Kanter.
- Clinical trial registries 2006, Springer
- "The Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions (the Handbook) provides guidance to authors for the preparation of Cochrane Intervention reviews (including Cochrane Overviews of reviews)." "The Handbook is updated regularly to reflect advances in systematic review methodology and in response to feedback from users. Please refer to the web site for the most recent version, for interim updates to the guidance and for details of previous versions of the Handbook."
- Collaborative medicine case studies 2008, Springer
- Recent trends in health care across the United States and internationally have emphasized a novel approach that consists in comparing the effectiveness and efficacy of treatment interventions with a patient-centered emphasis (i.e., evidence-based health care), while ensuring cost constraints, maximizing benefits, and minimizing risks. In this book, experts in comparative effectiveness and efficacy research and analysis for practice (CEERAP) in health care in general address a range of topical issues. The emphasis is on implications for endodontics and nursing, both of which are considered in a series of detailed chapters. Commonalities and differences among CEERAP, utility-based and logic-based analysis and decision-making, and evidence-based and patient-centered practice are defined and discussed. The book concludes by examining applications for CEERAP in developing patient-centered optimal treatment interventions for the next decade.
- Difficult decisions in thoracic surgery 2007, Springer
- EAES guidelines for endoscopic surgery 2006, Springer
- A synthesis of the best available evidence on diagnosis, management and treatment of frequent and high-cost problems occurring in primary care, inpatient and emergency department settings. Includes the top conditions; recommends a course of action for diagnosis, disease management and drug therapy.
- ECG manual 2009, Springer
- Essential practice guidelines in primary care 2007, SpringerSeventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment Of High Blood Pressure / Benjamin J. Epstein -- Hyperlipidemia / Andrew Cohen and Neil S. Skolnik -- Management of newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation: a clinical practice guideline from the American Academy of Family Physicians and the American College of Physicians / Jaya Udayasankar and Doron Schneider -- Antithrombotic therapy for venous thromboembolic disease / George P.N. Samraj -- Antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation, valvular heart disease, management of elevated INRs and perioperative management / Ann Peff and Doron Schneider -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis / Margot Boigon and Doron Schneider -- Clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of asthma / Michael Gagnon and Neil S. Skolnik -- Community acquired pneumonia and health-care associated pneumonia clinical guidelines / John Russell -- Diagnosis and management of otitis media: joint guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Academy of Family Physicians / Richard Neill --Appropriate antibiotic use for treatment of nonspecific upper respiratory infections, rhinosinusitis, and acute bronchitis in adults / Tina H. Degnan and Neil S. Skolnik -- Group A streptococcal pharyngitis: the Infectious Disease Society of America / Mario Napoletano -- Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease / Ross Albert, Neil S. Skolnik, and Richard Neill -- Adult immunizations / Brett Fissell and Neil S. Skolnik -- Rabies prevention / Doron Schneider -- Practice guidelines for the management of infectious diarrhea / Pam Fenstemacher -- Tuberculosis testing and treatment of latent infection / Pam Fenstemacher -- Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, 2006 / Neil S. Skolnik -- Updated US public health service guidelines for the management of occupational exposure to HBV, HCV, and HIV and recommendations for postexposure prophylaxis / David Gary Smith -- Screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women / Richard Neill --Managing abnormal cervical cytology and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: 2001 consensus guidelines / Amy Clouse -- Dementia / William McCarberg -- Diagnosis and treatment of migraine headaches / Richard Neill -- Concussion guidelines in athletes / David Webner -- Restless legs syndrome / Matthew Clark -- Depression: pharmacological treatment / John E. Sutherland -- Diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of the school-aged child with attention deficit hyperactive disorder / Richard Neill -- Practice guidelines for the treatment of patients with delirium / Mary Hofmann and Doron Schneider -- Panic disorder / Diane Dietzen and Doron Schneider.
- Evidence based pathology and laboratory medicine 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Evidence-Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine -- Evidence-Based Pathology: A Stable Set of Principles for a Rapidly Evolving Specialty -- What Is Best Evidence in Pathology? -- Biostatistics 101 -- Prognostication and Prediction in Anatomic Pathology: Carcinoma of the Breast as an Illustrative Model -- Principles of Classification and Diagnosis in Anatomic Pathology and the Inevitability of Problem Cases -- Evaluating Oncopathological Studies: The Need to Evaluate the Internal and External Validity of Study Results -- Power Analysis and Sample Sizes in Pathology Research -- Meta-Analysis: A Statistical Method to Integrate Information Provided by Different Studies -- Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems in Anatomic Pathology -- Evidence-Based Approach to Evaluate Information Published in the Pathology Literature and Integrate It with Personal Experience -- Evidence-Based Cell Pathology Revisited: A Personal View -- Development of Evidence-Based Diagnostic Criteria and Prognostic/Predictive Models: Experience at Cedars Sinai Medical Cen -- Evaluation and Reduction of Diagnostic Errors in Pathology Using an Evidence-Based Approach -- Meta-Analysis 101 for Pathologists -- Evidence-Based Practices in Applied Immunohistochemistry: Dilemmas Caused by Cross-Purposes -- Evidence-Based Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in the Molecular Pathology Era: Transition of Tests from the Research Bench into Practice -- The Use of Decision Analysis Tools for the Selection of Clinical Laboratory Tests: Developing Diagnostic and Forecasting Models Using Laboratory Evidence -- Implementation and Benefits of Computerized Physician Order Entry and Evidence-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems -- Evidence-Based Pathology and Tort Law: How Do They Compare?
- Evidence synthesis in healthcare 2011, Springer
- Evidence-based anticancer materia medica 2011, Springer
- Evidence-based endocrinology 2006, SpringerThe new endocrinologist: evidence-based medicine meets endocrine practice / Victor M. Montori -- A short history of evidence-based medicine / Jeanne Daly -- The philosophy of evidence-based medicine, 15 years later / Gordon H. Guyatt and Jason W. Busse -- Preparing future generations of evidence-based endocrinologists / Michael L. Green -- Finding current best evidence in clinical endocrinology / R. Brian Haynes and Cynthia J. Walker-Dilks -- Integrating evidence into clinical diagnosis / W. Scott Richardson -- Supporting evidence-based endocrine practice / Steven A. Smith and Geoffrey Gates -- Helping patients make decisions at the point of care / Annette M. O'Connor, Dawn Stacey, and France Légaré -- Incorporating evidence into health policy decisions / Eduardo Ortiz and Janelle Guirguis-Blake -- The value of observational studies in endocrinology / L. Joseph Melton III -- The value of clinical investigations in endocrinology / William L. Isley -- Systematic reviews and the Cochrane collaboration in endocrinology / Bernd Richter --Health-related quality of life of in endocrinology / Holger J. Schnemann and Elie A. Akl -- Using decision analyses in endocrinology / David Aron and Evelyn Mentari -- Clouded thinking: the misguided use of cost-effectiveness analysis and the implications for endocrine interventions / Amiram Gafni -- The value of translational research in diabetes: asking broader questions / Russell E. Glasgow, Elizabeth Bayliss, and Paul A. Estabrooks -- The patient with type 1 diabetes and hypoglycemia / Yogish C. Kudva, Teck-Kim Khoo and Peter J. Tebben -- The patient with medically complicated obesity / Kurt A. Kennel -- The patient at risk of type 2 diabetes: considering prevention / Sarah E. Capes -- The patient with type 2 diabetes and incomplete metabolic control / Sean F. Dinneen and Robert K. Semple -- The patient with diabetes using alternative medicine / Edward J. Mills and Dugald Seely -- The patient with osteoporosis / Clifford J. Rosen and Sue A. Brown -- The neuroendocrinology of medically unexplained syndromes: the example of chronic fatigue syndrome / Jason W. Busse.
- Evidence-based endocrinology. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidHypothalamic-pituitary disorders -- Thyroid disorders -- Adrenal disorders -- Metabolic bone disorders -- Reproductive disorders -- Diabetes mellitus -- Lipid disorders -- Obesity and nutrition -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Carcinoid tumors -- Paraneoplastic endocrine syndromes -- Genetics.
- Evidence-based eye care 2007, OvidClinical epidemiology / Hussein Hollands and Sanjay Sharma -- Health economics / Hussein Hollands and Sanjay Sharma -- Anterior segment / Ayad A. Farjo and Qais A. Farjo -- Refractive surgery / Louis E. Probst -- Clinical trials in glaucoma / Paul E. Rafuse -- Diabetic retinopathy / Dean Eliott -- Diabetic macular edema / Dean Eliott -- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy / Dean Eliott -- Clinical trials in age-related macular degeneration / Sophie J. Bakri and Peter K. Kaiser -- Treatment of central retinal vein occlusion: lessons from clinical trials / Henry Tseng and Sharon Fekrat -- Treatment of branch retinal vein occlusion: lessons from clinical trials / Henry Tseng and Sharon Fekrat -- Retinal detachment and proliferative vitreoretinopathy / Amani A. Fawzi, Jay M. Stewart, and Michael A. Samuel -- Evidence-based medicine and the treatment of endophthalmitis / Seenu M. Hariprasad and William F. Mieler -- Retinopathy of prematurity / Anna Ells -- Amblyopia / Jonathan M. Holmes, Michael X. Repka, and Raymond T. Kraker -- Uveal melanoma: approaches to management / Ernest Rand Simpson -- Optic neuritis / Jonathan D. Trobe -- Thyroid eye disease / Louise A. Mawn -- Traumatic optic neuropathy / Louise A. Mawn.
- Evidence-based imaging in pediatrics 2010, Springer
- Evidence-based imaging. Rev. ed. 2011, Springer
- Evidence-based management of low back pain 2012, ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based medical ethics 2008, Springer
- Evidence-based neuroimaging diagnosis and treatment 2013, Springer
- Evidence-based otolaryngology 2008, Springer
- Evidence-based physical diagnosis. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Evidence-based practice 2010, Springer
- pt. I. Evidence-Based and Comparative Effectiveness Analysis -- 1. Fundamentals: Evidence-Based Practice in Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Perspectives, Protocols, Problems, and Potentials / Francesco Chiappelli -- pt. II. Evidence-Based Medicine and Ayurveda -- 2. Transforming Ayurveda: Stepping into the Realm of Evidence-Based Practice / Ram Harsh Singh -- 3. Diet and Nutrition Concepts in Ayurveda: Gleaming into Opportunities for Evidence-Based Applications in Health Care / Rajiv Rastogi -- 4. Clinical Evidence in the Tradition of Ayurveda / P. Ram Manohar -- 5. Evidence-Based Traditional Persian Medicine / Francesco Chiappelli -- pt. III. Substantiating Ayurvedic Theory and Practice Toward Evidence-Base -- 6. Prakriti Analysis in Ayurveda: Envisaging the Need of Better Diagnostic Tools / Sanjeev Rastogi -- 7. Panchakarma: Ayurvedic Detoxification and Allied Therapies---Is There Any Evidence? / Ingebritt Ziegler -- 8. Gut and Joint Interconnections: A Reappraisal to Ayurvedic Understanding of Joint Diseases / Ranjana Rastogi -- 9. Ayurvedic Approach to Cardiovascular Diseases: Delineating the Literary and Clinical Evidences / P.S. Srivastav -- 10. Rasayana Therapy and Rejuvenation / Sanjeev Rastogi -- 11. Translational Effectiveness in Ayurvedic Medicine: Implications for Oral Biology and Medicine / Francesco Chiappelli -- pt. IV. Towards Future Perspectives of Evidence-Based Ayurveda -- 12. Safety Aspects of Ayurvedic Drugs / Arun Gupta -- 13. Toward Evidence-Based Practice of Ayurveda: Extrapolating the Challenges in the Current Decade / Sanjeev Rastogi.
- Evidence-based practice in medicine and health care 2005, SpringerThe ethical debate on evidence-based medicine - introduction to the volume -- Regulating health care. The development of guidelines in medical practice and health policy -- Evidence-based medicine and power shifts in health care systems -- Beyond legitimate science: the case for policy-related science -- Teaching evidence-based medicine -- Evidence-based medicine and clinical guidelines in cardiology. Promoting science, practice, or bureaucracy? -- Are particular patients disadvantaged by EBM? Focus on frail elderly patients -- Evidence-based medicine in mental health: towards better and fairer treatment? -- Current epistemological problems in evidence-based medicine -- Coordinating the norms and values of medical research, medical practice and patient worlds. The ethics of evidence-based medicine in 'boundary fields of medicine' -- Research ethics and evidence-based medicine -- Clinical evaluative research: which patients benefit, how and when? A contribution to a European discussion -- Defining a proper background for discussing evidence-based medicine -- Evidence-based medicine and equity: the exclusion of disadvantaged groups -- The role of formal outcome evaluations in health policy making: a normative perspective -- The usefulness of formal outcome evaluations in health policy making: looking for the baby in the bathwater -- Evidence-based medicine and managed care -- Recommendations from the evibased project.
- Evidence-based practices in autism: Where we started / Brian Reichow and Fred R. Volkmar -- Development, procedures, and application of the evaluative method for determining evidence-based practices in autism / Brian Reichow -- On the reliability and accuracy of the evaluative method for identifying evidence-based practices in autism / Domenic V. Cicchetti -- evidence-based treatment of behavioral excesses and deficits for individuals with autism spectrum disorders / Michael D. Powers, Mark J. Palmieri, Kristen S. D'Eramo, and Kristen M. Powers -- Evidence-based treatments in communication for children with autism spectrum disorders / Patricia A. Prelock, Rhea Paul, and Elizabeth M. Allen -- Treatments to increase social awareness and social skills / Suzannah J. Ferraioli and Sandra L. Harris -- Cognitive behavioral therapy in high-functioning autism: Review and recommendations for treatment development / Jeffrey J. Wood, Cori Fujii, and Patricia Renno -- Psychopharmacology in children with PDD: Review of current evidence / Lawrence Scahill and Susan Griebell Boorin -- Interventions that address sensory dysfunction for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Preliminary evidence for the superiority of sensory integration compared to other sensory approaches / Roseann C. Schaaf -- Dietary, complementary, and alternative therapies / Susan L. Hyman and Susan E. Levy -- The role of adaptive behavior in evidence-based practices for ASD: Translating intervention into functional success / Katherine D. Tsatsanis, Celine Saulnier, Sara S. Sparrow, and Domenic V. Cicchetti -- Practicing evidence-based practices / Ruth Blennerhassett Eren and Pamela Owen Brucker -- The implementation of evidence-based practices in public schools / Peter Doehring and Vincent Winterling -- Evidence-based practices in autism: Where we are now and where we need to go / Fred R. Volkmar, Brian Reichow, and Peter Doehring.
- Evidence-based procedural dermatology 2012, SpringerCovers the spectrum of procedural dermatology, including skin cancer surgery, laser techniques, fillers and neurotoxins, minimally invasive cosmetic surgery, and emerging procedures.
- Evidence-based school mental health services 2011, SpringerThe challenge of providing mental health services in schools -- Evidence-based tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 mental health interventions in schools -- Strengthening school-counseling interventions -- Affect education at tiers 1, 2, and 3 -- Importance of emotion regulation training for children and adolescents -- Emotion regulation training at tiers 1, 2, and 3 -- Support for the use of CBT in schools -- Preparing young and/or disabled children to benefit from CBT in school-based settings -- CBT in schools -- Sustainability, current programs, and a look to the future.
- Field guide to bedside diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Fine arts, neurology, and neuroscience. Neuro-historical dimensions. First edition. [1st ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectPart 1. Early artistic contributions to the neurosciences -- part 2. Neuroscientists with artistic talents and artists on the neurosciences -- part 3. Some great artists and their neurological disorders.
- Guiding neurosurgery by evidence 2006, KargerEvidence-based medicine for neurosurgeons: introduction and methodology / M.E. Linskey -- Evaluation of epidemiologic evidence for primary adult brain tumor risk factors using evidence-based medicine / J.L. Fisher ... [et al.] -- Benign adult brain tumors: an evidence-based medicine review / M. Aghi, F.G. Barker, II -- Pediatric neurosurgery / C.O. Maher, A.A. Cohen-Gadol, C. Raffel -- Cerebrovascular-endovascular / K.M. Cockroft, R.H. Rosenwasser -- Evidence-based guidelines in lumbar spine surgery / D.K. Resnick, M.C. Groff -- Spine: minimally invasive techniques / P.C. Gerszten, W.C. Welch -- An evidence-based medicine review of stereotactic radiosurgery / B.E. Pollock -- Evidenced-based guidelines for traumatic brain injuries / D.W. Marion -- Treatment of chronic pain with neurostimulation / J.K. Birknes, A. Sharan, A.R. Rezai.
- Current theories and treatment of depression -- Cognitive theory of depression -- Hypnosis and hypnotherapy -- Circular feedback model of depression -- Clinical implications and empirical evidence -- Cognitive hypnotherapy case formulation -- First aid for depression -- Cognitive behavior therapy -- Hypnotherapy -- Cognitive hypnotherapy -- Developing antidepressive pathways -- Breaking ruminative pattern -- Behavioral activation therapy -- Improving social skills -- Mindfulness and acceptance -- Relapse prevention -- Future directions.
- Handbook of evidence-based critical care. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Knowledge translation in health care 2009, WileyChapter 1. Introduction / Sharon E. Straus, Jacqueline Tetroe and Ian D. Graham, p. 1-9 -- Chapter 2. Knowledge Creation / Sharon E. Straus, Jennifer Tetzlaff, Andrea C. Tricco, David Moher, Melissa C. Brouwers, Dawn Stacey, Annette M. O'Connor, K. Ann McKibbon and Cynthia Lokker, p. 11-55 -- Chapter 3. The Knowledge-to-Action Cycle / Sharon E. Straus, Alison Kitson, Margaret B. Harrison, Ian D. Graham, Béatrice Fervers, France Légaré, Barbara Davies, Nancy Edwards and Sumit R. Majumdar, p. 57-181 -- Chapter 4. Theories and Models of Knowledge to Action / Ian D. Graham, Jacqueline Tetroe, Alison Hutchinson, Carole A. Estabrooks, Jean-Louis Denis, Pascale Lehoux and Anne Sales, p. 183-232 -- Chapter 5. Knowledge Exchange / Michelle Gagnon, p. 233-245 -- Chapter 6. Evaluation of Knowledge to Action / Onil Bhattacharyya, Merrick Zwarenstein, Deborah J. Kenny, Evelyn Cornelissen and Craig Mitton, p. 247-266.
- Neurology 2012, Springer
- Nutrition in clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2008, OvidClinically relevant carbohydrate metabolism -- Clinically relevant fat metabolism -- Clinically relevant protein metabolism -- Overview of clinically relevant micronutrient metabolism -- Diet, weight regulation, and obesity -- Diet, diabetes mellitus, and insulin resistance -- Diet, atherosclerosis, and ischemic heart disease -- Diet and hypertension -- Diet and hemostasis -- Diet and cerebrovascular and peripheral vascular disease -- Diet and immunity -- Diet and cancer -- Diet and hematopoiesis: nutritional anemias -- Diet, bone metabolism, and osteoporosis -- Diet and respiratory diseases -- Diet and renal disease -- Diet and hepatobiliary disease -- Diet and common gastrointestinal disorders -- Diet, dyspepsia, and peptic ulcer disease -- Diet and rheumatologic disease -- Diet and neurologic disorders -- Diet and dermatoses -- Diet and wound healing -- Food allergy and intolerance -- Eating disorders -- Malnutrition and cachexia -- Diet, pregnancy, and lactation -- Diet and the menstrual cycle -- Diet and early development: pediatric nutrition -- Diet and adolescence -- Diet and senescence -- Ergogenic effects of foods and nutrients: diet and athletic performance -- Endocrine effects of diet: phytoestrogens -- Diet, sleep-wake cycles, and mood -- Diet and cognitive function -- Diet and vision -- Diet and dentition -- Hunger, appetite, taste, and satiety -- Health effects of chocolate -- Health effects of ethanol -- Health effects of coffee -- Macronutrient food substitutes -- Vegetarianism, veganism, and macrobiotic diets -- Culture, evolutionary biology, and the determinants of dietary preference -- Dietary recommendations for health promotion and disease prevention -- Models of behavior modification for diet and activity patterns and weight management -- Dietary counseling in clinical practice.
- Orthospinology procedures 2007, Ovid
- Osteoimmunopathology 2011, Springer
- Philosophy and practice of medicine and bioethics 2011, Springer
- Positive relationships 2012, SpringerIntroduction to positive relationships: evidence-based practice across the world / Sue Roffey -- Wellbeing and resilience in young people and the role of positive relationships / Toni Noble and Helen McGrath -- Peaceful and compassionate futures: positive relationships as an antidote to violence / Robyn Hromek and Angela Walsh -- Learning about relationships / Gretchen Brion-Meisels and Stephanie M. Jones -- Positive couple relationships: the evidence for long-lasting relationship satisfaction and happiness / Vagdevi Meunier and Wayne Baker -- Positive parent-child relationships / Kimberly O'Brien and Jane Mosco -- Promoting positive outcomes for children experiencing change in family relationships / Emilia Dowling and Diana Elliott -- Friendships: the power of positive alliance / Karen Majors -- Developing positive relationships in schools / Sue Roffey -- Positive relationships at work / Sue Langley -- Positive professional relationships / Elizabeth Gillies -- Positive mentoring relationships: nurturing potential / Ann M. Brewer -- Spirited leadership: growing leaders for the future / Hilary B. Armstrong -- Positive community relations: border crossings and repositioning the "other" / Florence E. McCarthy and Margaret H. Vickers -- Positive relations between members of groups with divergent beliefs and cultures / Zalman Kastel -- Conflict and confrontation / Lois Edmund -- The repair and restoration of relationships / Peta Blood.
- Practical biostatistics. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Practical evidence-based physiotherapy. 2nd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectEvidence-based physiotherapy : what, why and how? -- What do I need to know? -- What constitutes evidence? -- Finding the evidence -- Can I trust this evidence? -- What does this evidence mean for my practice? -- Clinical guidelines as a resource for evidence-based physiotherapy -- When and how should new therapies be introduced into clinical practice? -- Making it happen -- Am I on the right track?
- Radiation oncology 2008, Springer
- Scientific basis of healthcare 2012, CRCnetBASE"In the past three decades there has been a major sea change in the way healthcare is taught and carried out. Healthcare has been transformed from a "this is what you do" concept to a profession that has a significant educational and scientific basis with an ethos of evidence-based material. The healthcare professional is now more educated, very often to the degree and masters level. As a consequence, Practice and Procedures are continually changing with a corresponding improvement in healthcare. Concomitantly, the demand for comprehensive and focused evidenced-based text and scientific literature covering single areas of nursing and healthcare science or treatment has also increased. This then is the rational for the present series. This volume on Asthma covers, inter alia, asthma care in primary care centers, rhinosinusitis and asthma, asthma and psychological distress, inhalation techniques for different inhalers, emergency treatment for acute asthma, therapy for elderly patients, treatment for pediatric asthma, nursing care at home and so on. The series is designed for student nurses, practicing healthcare workers, qualified nurses and healthcare practitioners, post graduates, special project students, teachers, lecturers and professors of nursing and healthcare. It is also suitable for college, university or nursing school libraries as a reference guide"--Provided by publisher.
- Scientific basis of healthcare 2012, CRCnetBASE"In the past three decades there has been a major sea change in the way healthcare is taught and carried out. Healthcare has been transformed from a "this is what you do" concept to a profession that has a significant educational and scientific basis with an ethos of evidence-based material. The healthcare professional is now more educated, very often to the degree and masters level. As a consequence, Practice and Procedures are continually changing with a corresponding improvement in healthcare. Concomitantly, the demand for comprehensive and focused evidenced-based text and scientific literature covering single areas of nursing and healthcare science or treatment has also increased. This then is the rational for the present series. The volume on Arthritis covers, rheumatoid arthritis, cytokines, leukocyte immunoglobulin-like receptors, alleles, cardiovascular risk, disease outcomes, treatment protocols, and drugs for arthritis. The series is designed for student nurses, practicing healthcare workers, qualified nurses and healthcare practitioners, post graduates, special project students, teachers, lecturers and professors of nursing and healthcare. It is also suitable for college, university or nursing school libraries as a reference guide"--Provided by publisher.
- Scientific basis of healthcare. AIDS and pregnancy / 2012, CRCnetBASEHIV/AIDS : an overview / Francis Agyemang-Yeboah and Bernard C. Nkum -- Can teens teach other teens HIV prevention? : implications for AIDS and pregnancy / Ganga Mahat and Maryann Scoloveno -- Knowledge of antenatal attendees about HIV/AIDS in pregnancy / Anietie Effiong Moses, Emem Abasi Bassey, and Godwin Etim Asuquo -- Midwives and occupational exposures to HIV / Maria Ganczak -- Pregnancy and delivery in HIV positive women : antenatal care and outcome / Karoline Aebi-Popp, Christoph Rudin, and Luigia Elzi -- Management of HIV/AIDS stigma : nursing perspectives / Susan W. Gaskins -- Prenatal assistance to pregnant women with HIV/AIDS / Prescilla Chow ... [et al.] -- Antenatal screening and HIV-pregnancy : strategies for treatment / Ali A. Al-Jabri ... [et al.] -- Low lymphocyte count in HIV-pregnancy and strategies for treatment / Alashle Abimiku and Evaezi Okpokoro -- Antiretroviral regimens recommended for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV / Christiana Smith and Adriana Weinberg -- Pregnancy-related adverse effects of antiretroviral therapy / Elie Azria, Sophie Matheron, and Dominique Luton.
- Scientific basis of healthcare. Angina / 2012, CRCnetBASEEpidemiology of angina / John F. Beltrame -- Chest pain : cardiac and non-cardiac causes / Geraldine Lee -- Coronary plaque rupture in patients with acute coronary syndrome / Toshio Imanishi -- The use and application of angina questionnaires / Norul Badriah Hassan and Muhammad Termizi Hassan -- American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines for ST-elevation myocardial infarction : overview of guidelines for care before, during, and after STEMI / Rohit S. Loomba and Rohit R. Arora -- Non-invasive coronary angiography with cardiac CT in patients with angina pectoris / Christof Burgstahler, Harald Brodoefel, and Stephen Schroeder -- Drugs used in angina : an overview / Mario Marzilli and Alda Huqi -- Current clinical application of direct thrombin inhibitors in angina pectoris / Bernardo Cortese and Marco Centola -- Anti-anginal drugs in focus : trimetazidine / Mario Marzilli and Alda Huqi -- Enhanced external counterpulsation therapy in coronary artery disease management / Ozlem Soran and Debra L. Braverman.
- Stem cells and cell therapy 2014, SpringerUse of Human Embryonic Stem Cells in Therapy -- Human Neural Stem Cell-based Cell- and Gene-therapy for Neurological Diseases -- Vascular Stem Cell Therapy -- Bioprocessing of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells for Cell Therapy Applications -- Blood Cell Bioprocessing: The Haematopoietic System and Current Status of In-vitro Production of Red Blood Cells -- Bioprocessing Challenges Associated with the Purification of Cellular Therapies -- Separation Technologies for Stem Cell Bioprocessing.
- Studying a study and testing a test. 5th ed. 2005, OvidIntroduction and flaw-catching exercise -- Types of studies and the M.A.A.R.I.E. framework -- Method -- Assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation -- Extrapolation -- Randomized clinical trials -- Database research: nonconcurrent cohort studies -- Meta-analysis -- Questions to ask and flaw-catching exercises -- Method -- Assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation -- Extrapolation -- Screening -- Questions to ask and flaw-catching exercises -- Method and assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation and extrapolation -- Life expectancy -- Questions to ask and flaw-catching exercises -- Introduction and method -- Assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation -- Extrapolation -- Questions to ask and flaw-catching exercises -- Method -- Assignment -- Assessment -- Results -- Interpretation -- Extrapolation and questions to ask -- Basic principles -- Univariable analysis -- Bivariable analysis -- Multivariable analysis -- Selecting a statistic flowcharts.
- Symptom to diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2010, AccessMedicineThe diagnostic process -- Screening & health maintenance -- Abdominal pain -- Acid-base abnormalities -- AIDS/HIV infection -- Anemia -- Back pain -- Chest pain -- Cough, fever, and respiratory infections -- Delirium and dementia -- Diabetes -- Diarrhea, Acute -- Dizziness -- Dyspnea -- Edema -- Fatigue -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Headache -- Hypercalcemia -- Hypertension -- Hyponatremia and hypernatremia -- Jaundice and abnormal liver enzymes -- Joint pain -- Rashes -- Renal failure, acute -- Syncope -- Weight loss, involuntary -- Wheezing and stridor.
- Systems analysis of human multigene disorders 2014, SpringerWellness and Health Omics Linked to the Environment: the WHOLE approach to personalized medicine -- Characterizing Multi-omic Data in Systems Biology -- High-throughput Translational Medicine: Challenges and Solutions -- Computational approaches for human disease gene prediction and ranking -- A Personalized Treatment for Lung Cancer: Molecular Pathways, Targeted Therapies, and Genomic Characterization -- Index.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases