Books by Subject
- Abnormalities in puberty 2005, KargerSecular trend of timing of puberty / Delemarre-Van de Waal, H.A. -- Fetal nutrition and timing of puberty / van Weissenbruch, M.M. ... [et al.] -- Adrenal function of low-birthweight children / Ong, K. -- Puberty and fertility in congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Otten, B.J. ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetics of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome / Karges, B., de Roux, N. -- Hypothalamic hamartoma: a paradigm/model for studying the onset of puberty / Jung, H., Parent, A.-S., Ojeda, S.R. -- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue treatment for precocious puberty: twenty years of experience / Heger, S., Sippell, W.G., Partsch, C.-J.Very long-term follow-up of girls with early and late menarche / Johansson, T.; Ritz, N.E.M. -- Polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence: new insights in pathophysiology and treatment / Homburg, A. -- Reversing sex steroid deficiency and optimizing skeletal development in the adolescent with gonadal failure / Vanderschueren, D., Vandenput, L., Boonen, S. -- Present and future options for the preservation of fertility in female adolescents with cancer / Beerendonk, C.M.; Braat, D.M.
- Acute endocrinology 2008, Springer
- Adipokines 2012, CRCnetBASE
- The field of adipose tissue biology has been expanding at a very rapid pace in the last few years. Numerous advances have been made since publication of the first edition of this book, in terms of basic adipocyte biology, understanding of the determinants of obesity, distribution of body fat and weight loss, as well as the mechanisms linking excess adiposity to various co-morbidities. Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease, Second Edition contains updated chapters from the previous volume but as the field has evolved, some areas covered in the first edition have been refocused to address the new knowledge. The volume is divided in four sections: the first two deal with basic adipose tissue and adipokine biology, while the last two address the problem of obesity and alterations in adipose tissue function from an epidemiological and clinical standpoint. The chapters are written by experts in their fields and include the most up to date scientific information. Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease, Second Edition is a useful resource for physicians interested in adipose tissue biology and basic scientists who want to know more about applied aspects of the field. The book targets endocrinologists, residents and fellows, internists, nutritionists and general practitioners who are exposed to an ever-expanding obese population.
- Adipose tissue development 2010, KargerHuman lipodystrophies : genetic and acquired diseases of adipose tissue / Capeau, J. ... [et al.] -- The emergence of adipocytes / Laharrague, P.; Casteilla, L. -- Adipose tissue and the reproductive axis : biological aspects / Hausman, G.J.; Barb, C.R -- Unraveling the obesity and breast cancer links : a role for cancer-associated adipocytes? / Dirat, B. ... [et al.] -- Early determinants of obesity / Ong, K -- Metabolic syndrome in childhood : causes and effects / Weiss, R. -- Pathophysiology of insulin resistance in small for gestational age subjects : a role for adipose tissue? / Beltrand, J.; Meas, T.; Levy-Marchal, C. -- The neural feedback loop between the brain and adipose tissues / Pénicaud, L.
- Adrenal glands 2005, Springer
- Adrenal imaging 2009, SpringerAdrenal embryology and pathology -- Adrenocortical dysfunction -- Adrenal medullary dysfunction -- Adrenals in oncology -- Adrenal surgery -- Imaging adrenal dysfunction -- Imaging of pheochromocytomas -- Adrenal imaging using computed tomography: differentiation of adenomas and metastasis -- MRI of the adrenal glands -- Single photon imaging of the adrenal gland -- PET and PET-CT imaging of adrenal lesions -- Adrenal trauma and intervention -- Evolving functional and advanced image analysis techniques for adrenal lesion characterization.
- Advances in neuroendocrine tumor management 2011, Future MedAdvances in neuroendocrine tumor management / Kjell Öberg -- Classification of digestive neuroendocrine neoplasm / Guido Rindi & Frediano Inzani -- Molecular profile and diagnosis / Christos Toumpanakis -- Surgical approach / Rossella Bettini & Massimo Falconi -- Somatostatin analogs / Wouter W. de Herder -- Combinational chemotherapy and radiotherapy / Emilio Bajetta, Emilio Bombardieri, Laura Catena, Monica Valente & Nadia Bianco -- Which therapy for which patient? / Kjell Öberg.
- Advances in rapid sex-steroid action 2012, Springer[1.] Non-genomic Action of Steroid Hormones: More Questions than Answers / Antimo Migliaccio, Gabriella Castoria, Antonio Bilancio, Pia Giovannelli, Marzia Di Donato and Ferdinando Auricchio -- Part I. Breast Cancer -- [2.] Progesterone Signaling to Chromatin in Breast Cancer Cells. Two Initial Cycles of Remodeling / Guillermo P. Vicent, Roser Zaurin, Cecilia Ballaré, A. Silvina Nacht, Roni H. G. Wright, Francois Le Dily, Giancarlo Castellano, Jofre Font-Mateu and Miguel Beato -- [3.] Cooperative Interactions Between c-Src, Estrogen Receptors and Receptor Tyrosine Kinases in Breast Cancer / Sarah J. Parsons, Jessica E. Pritchard, Emily M. Fox and Margaret A. Shupnik -- [4.] Cross Talk Between ER[alpha] and Src Signaling and Its Relevance to ER Status and Hormone Responsiveness / Jun Sun, Wen Zhou, Zafar Nawaz and Joyce M. Slingerland -- [5.] Post-translational Modifications of ER Alpha in Rapid Estrogen's Action / Muriel Le Romancer, Coralie Poulard, Stéphanie Sentis, and Laura Corbo -- [6.] Sex-Steroid Rapid Action and Its Role in Invasiveness and Metastasis of Breast Cancer / Marina Ines Flamini, Angel Matias Sanchez, Xiao-Dong Fu and Tommaso Simoncini -- [7.] Unraveling the Role of GPER in Breast Cancer / Rosamaria Lappano and Marcello Maggiolini -- [8.] Nongenomic Actions of Estrogens and Xenoestrogens Affecting Endocrine Cancer Cells / Cheryl S. Watson, Dragoslava Zivadinovic, Yow-Jiun Jeng, Rebecca A. Alyea, Terumi Midoro-Horiuti, Randall Goldblum and Anannya Banga -- Part II. Prostate Cancer -- [9.] Differential Functions of Stromal and Epithelial Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer Before and After Castration Resistant Stage / S. Lee, K.-P. Lai, S. Yeh and C. Chang -- [10.] Role of Androgens and Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer: Genomic and Non-Genomic Actions / Sara Marchiani, Lara Tamburrino, Monica Muratori, Lorella Bonaccorsi, Gianni Forti and Elisabetta Baldi -- [11.] Mechanisms of Signal Transduction in Prostate Cancer: The Role of PI3-Kinase Pathway in Androgen Action / Laurent Morel and Silvère Baron -- [12.] The IGF-I Axis in Prostate Cancer: The Role of Rapid Steroid Actions / Antonino Belfiore -- Androgen Receptor Pathway in Prostate Cancer: Old Target and New Drugs / Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi -- Part III. New Tools for Steroid Receptor Analysis and Regulatory Networks -- [13.] Quantitative Visualization of Sex Steroid Receptor Functions: AR and ER[alpha] / Michael J. Bolt, Sean M. Hartig, Adam T. Szafran, Sanjay N. Mediwala, Marco Marcelli and Michael A. Mancini -- [14.] Micropatterned Surfaces as Tools for the Study of the Rapid Non-genomic Actions of Steroid Receptors / Andrew C. B. Cato, Emmanuel Oppong and Sylwia Sekula-Neuner.
- Advances in the management of testosterone deficiency 2009., KargerCurrent guidelines for the diagnosis of testosterone deficiency / S. Arver, M. Lehtihet -- Laboratory measurement of testosterone / M.J. Diver -- Advances in testosterone replacement therapy / L.J.G. Gooren -- The role of the CAG repeat androgen receptor polymorphism in andrology / M. Zitzmann -- Late-onset hypogonadism / L.J.G Gooren -- Testosterone in obesity, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes / R.D. Stanworth, T.H. Jones --Testosterone and coronary artery disease / J.E. Nettleship ... [et al.] -- Erectile dysfunction and testosterone deficiency / M. Blute ... [et al.] -- Testosterone, bone, and osteoporosis / S.P. Tuck, R.M. Francis -- Frailty and muscle function : role for testosterone? / U. Srinivas-Shankar, F.C.W. Wu -- Testosterone effects on cognition in health and disease / M.M. Cherrier -- Anabolic applications of androgens for functional limitations associated with aging and chronic illness / S. Bhasin, T.W. Storer -- Testosterone in chronic heart failure / C.J. Malkin, T.H. Jones, K.S. Channer -- Testosterone and prostate safety / A. Morgentaler, C. Schulman.
- Advances in vasopressin and oxytocin 2008, ScienceDirectNonapeptides and the evolutionary patterning of sociality / J.L. Goodson -- Sex differences in vasopressin and oxytocin innervation of the brain / G.J. de Vries -- The parvocellular vasopressinergic system and responsiveness of the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis during chronic stress / G. Auilera ... [et al.] -- Experimental approaches for the study of oxytocin and vasopressin gene expression in the central nervous system / E.M. Scordalakes, C. Yue and H. Gainer -- Oxytocin knockout mice: a model for studying stress-related and ingestive behaviours / J.A. Amico ... [et al.] -- The role of the vasopressin 1b receptor in aggression and other social behaviours / H.K. Caldwell, S.R. Wersinger and W.S. Young III -- Behavioural studies using temporal and spatial inactivation of the oxytocin receptor / H.-J. Lee ... [et al.] -- New aspects of oxytocin receptor function revealed by knockout mice: sociosexual behavior and control of energy balance / K. Nishimori ... [et al.] -- Regulation of vasopressin release by co-released neurotransmitters: mechanisms of purinergic and adrenergic synergism / C.D. Sladek and Z. Song -- Neuron-glia interactions in the rat supraoptic nucleus / S.H.R. Oliet ... [et al.] -- Dynamic synapses in the hypothalamic-neurohypophyseal system / K.J. Iremonger and J.S. Bains -- Endogenous modulators of synaptic transmission: cannabinoid regulation in the supraoptic nucleus / N.A. McDonald ... [et al.] -- Oxytocin and appetite / G. Leng ... [et al.] -- Neural mechanisms underlying the milk ejection burst and reflex / G.I. Hatton and Y.-F. Wang -- Oxytocin receptor signaling / D. Devost, P. Wrzal and H.H. Zingg -- Neurosteroids are excitatory in supraoptic neurons but inhibitory in the peripheral nervous system: it is all about oxytocin and progesterone receptors / C. Viero and G. Dayanithi -- Oxytocin receptors: ligand binding, signaling and cholesterol dependence / G. Gimpl ... [et al.] -- Opposite effects of oxytocin and vasopressin on the emotional expression of the fear response / D. Viviani and R. Stoop -- Multi-factorial somato-dendritic regulation of phasic spike discharge in vasopressin neurons / C.H. Brown ... [et al.] -- Neurophysiology of supraoptic neurons in C57/BL mice studied in three acute in vitro preparations / R. Sharif-Naeini ... [et al.] -- Effects of oxytocin on GABA signalling in the foetal brain during delivery / R. Khazipov, R. Tyzio and Y. Ben-Ari -- Central vasopressin and oxytocin release: regulation of complex social behaviours / A.H. Veenema and I.D. Neumann -- Interactions between dopamine and oxytocin in the control of sexual behavior / T.A. Baskerville and A.J. Douglas -- Steroidal/neuropeptide interactions in hypothalamus and amygdale related to social anxiety / E. Choleris ... [et al.] -- Functional magnetic resonance imaging and the neurobiology of vasopressin and oxytocin / C.F. Ferris -- Evolution of the arginine vasopressin 1a receptor and implications for mammalian social behaviour / G. Heckel and S. Fink -- Oxytocin, vasopressin and sociality / C.S. Carter ... [et al.] -- Neuropeptides and social behaviour: effects of oxytocin and vasopressin in humans / M. Heinrichs and G. Domes -- Chronic stress plasticity in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus / J.P. Herman, J. Flak and R. Jankord -- Keeping oxytocin neurons under control during stress in pregnancy / P.J. Brunton and J.A. Russell -- Rapid synapse-specific regulation of hypothalamic magnocellular neurons by glucocorticoids / S. Di and J.G. Tasker -- Vasopressin in the septum: not important versus casually involved in learning and memory - two faces of the same coin? / M. Engelmann -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis / M.A. Steiner and C.T. Wotjak -- Molecular genetic studies of the arginine vasopressin 1a receptor (AVPR1a) and the oxytocin receptor (OXTR) in human behaviour: from autism to altruism with some notes in between / S. Israel ... [et al.] -- Oxytocin and experimental therapeutics in autism spectrum disorders / J.A. Bartz and E. Hollander -- Impact of prosocial neuropeptides on human brain function / A. Meyer-Lindenberg -- Peptide and non-peptide agonists and antagonists for the vasopressin and oxytocin V₁[a], V₁[b], V₂ and OT receptors: research tools and potential therapeutic agents / M. Manning ... [et al.] -- Affinity and efficacy of selective agonists and antagonists for vasopressin and oxytocin receptors: an "easy guide" to receptor pharmacology / B. Chini, M. Manning and G. Guillon -- Prevention of hypoxic brain oedema by the administration of vasopressin receptor antagonist OPC-31260 / A.H. Molnár ... [et al.] -- Characterization of a novel and selective V₁[B] receptor antagonist / M. Craighead ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of clinical concentrating and diluting disorders / R.W. Schrier -- Action-binding channels / Y. Noda and S. Sasaki -- Opposite potentiality of hypothalamic coexpressed neuropeptides, apelin and vasopressin in maintaining body-fluid homeostasis / C. Llorens-Cortes and F. Moos -- Recent discoveries in vasopressin-regulated aquaporin-2 trafficking / R.A. Fenton and H.B. Moeller -- Pathophysiological role of aquaporin-2 in impaired water excretion / S.-e. Ishikawa ... [et al.] -- Potential utility of aquaporin modulators for therapy of brain disorders / M.C. Papadopoulos and A.S. Verkman.
- Airway chemoreceptors in the vertebrates 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Amenorrhea 2010, SpringerAmenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide is a comprehensive review of the current knowledge regarding normal female reproductive physiology. Replete with interesting case vignettes and providing diagnostic algorithms and therapeutic strategies for amenorrhea, Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide is divided into three sections. The first section is composed of two chapters that provide a thorough review of basic science and clinical knowledge about the organ systems responsible for normal physiology of the menstrual cycle. The second section includes discussion about menstrual cycle disruption as it relates to hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction, surgical and natural menopause, genetic defects, premature ovarian failure/insufficiency and the effects of caloric excess and restriction. The third section offers an update on the physiological effects of prolonged amenorrhea induced surgically or by hypothalamic dysfunction and also includes an original chapter that focuses solely on the impact of race and ethnicity on the prevalence and diagnosis of amenorrhea. Amenorrhea: A Case-Based Clinical Guide brings together chapters from renowned experts who offer state-of-the-art, clinically useful information in a case-based, reader-friendly fashion. This title will be a welcome addition to the bookshelves of all clinicians who practice in women's health settings.
- Androgen deficiency and testosterone replacement 2013, Springer1. The Institute of Medicine White Paper on Testosterone: Current Perspective / Craig F. Donatucci -- 2. The Laboratory Diagnosis of Testosterone Deficiency / Akanksha Mehta and Darius A. Paduch -- 3. The Clinical Diagnosis of Androgen Deficiency / Gregory C. Mitchell, Ege Can Serefoglu, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- 4. The Use of Patient Reported Outcome Questionnaires in the Diagnosis of Androgen Deficiency / Gregory J. Lowe, George C. Bailey, and Tracey L. Krupski -- 5. Testosterone and Its Association with Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease / Giovanni Corona, Giulia Rastrelli, and Mario Maggi -- 6. The Role of Androgens in Prostate Cancer / Frances Alba, Claudio A. Romero, and Run Wang -- 7. Androgen Deficiency in the Adolescent Male / Erin R. McNamara and Sherry S. Ross -- 8. Effects of Androgen Deficiency and Replacement on Male Fertility / Andrew C. Kramer -- 9. HIV and Testosterone in Men / Gina Cambareri, Jane Ashby, David Goldmeier, and Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad -- 10. Treatment Options for Testosterone Replacement Therapy / Mohit Khera -- 11. Alternate Therapies for Testosterone Replacement / Ege Can Serefoglu, Ahmet Gokce, Wayne J.G. Hellstrom, and André T. Guay.
- Androgen excess disorders in women. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerA brief history of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian and adrenal androgen biosynthesis and metabolism / Walter L. Miller, David H. Geller, and Mitchell Rosen -- Androgens throughout the life of women / C. Richard Parker, Jr. -- Physiological effects of androgens in women / T. Keta Hodgson and Glenn D. Braunstein -- Androgen measurements: methods, interpretation, and limitations / Frank Z. Stanczyk -- Androgen-secreting adrenal and ovarian neoplasms / Michel Pugeat ... [et al.] -- Cushing's syndrome, acromegaly, and androgen excess / Anne-Céline Reyss and Didier Dewailly -- The nonclassic adrenal hyperplasias / Didier Dewailly and Ricardo Azziz -- Pregnancy-related androgen excess / Howard D. McClamrock -- Drug-induced hyperandrogenism / Barbara Neraud and Didier Dewailly -- Severe insulin-resistant hyperandrogenic syndromes / David E. Moller, Antonio Vidal-Puig, and Ricardo Azziz -- Idiopathic hirutism / Enrico Carmina -- Definition and epidemiology of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Walter Futterweit, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Ricardo Azziz -- Biochemical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Ovarian histology, morphology, and ultrasonography in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard ... [et al.] --Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadtrophic dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / R. Jeffrey Chang and Rinku V. Mehta -- Ovarian steroidogenic abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Denis A. Magoffin -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz, Enrico Carmina, and Ricardo Azziz -- The genetic basis of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mark O. Goodarzi -- Pediatric hyperandrogenism and the polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / Kathleen M. Hoeger -- Environmental factors in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Marie-France Hivert and Jean-Patrice Baillargeon -- Animal models and fetal programming of the polycystic ovary syndrome / David H. Abbott ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and hyperinsulinism in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Paulina A. Essah and John E. Nestler -- The endocrine impact of obesity and body habitus in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- Molecular mechanisms of insulin resistance in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- Menstrual dysfunction and endometrial neoplasia in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Abdulkadir Wagley and Paul Hardiman -- Beta-cell dysfunction, glucose intolerance, and diabetes in the polycystic ovary syndrome / David A. Ehrmann -- Hypertension and cardiovascular and lipoprotein abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Francesco Orio and Stefano Palomba --Reproductive and obstetrical consequences of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mary C. Johnson and Richard S. Legro -- Psychosocial and quality-of-life consequences of androgen excess and the polycystic ovary syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Hahn, and Sigrid Elsenbruch -- Overview of long-term morbidity and economic cost of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical and hormonal evaluation of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian suppression and treatment of hirsutism / Paolo Moghetti -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and ovulation induction / Bulent O. Yildiz and Ricardo Azziz -- In vitro fertilization for the polycystic ovary syndrome / Hanadi Ba-Akdah ... [et al.] -- Surgical management of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Use of insulin sensitizers in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Kai I. Cheang and John E. Nestler -- Weight reduction and lifestyle modification in the treatment of androgen excess / Manny Noakes ... [et al.].
- Animal models of diabetes. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEPigs in diabetes research with special focus on type 2 diabetes / M.O. Larsen, B. Rolin -- Psammomys obesus : nutritionally induced insulin resistance, diabetes and beta cell loss / E. Ziv, R. Kalman, and E. Shafrir -- The spontaneously diabetic Torii (SDT) rat with human resembling retinopathy lesions / M. Shinohara, T. Masuyama, A. Kakehashi -- The Cohen diabetic rat / S. Weksler-Zangen, E. Orlinsky, D.H. Zangen -- Kk and KKay mice : models of type 2 diabetes and obesity / S. Taketomi -- Animal models to study obesity and type II diabetes induced by diet / Tamer Coskun ... [et al.].Rat models of type 1 diabetes : genetics, environment, and autoimmunity / J.P. Mordes ... [et al.] -- The NOD mouse and its related strains / H. Taniguchi, S. Makino, H. Ikegami -- Obesity/diabetes in mice with mutations in the leptin or leptin receptor genes / S. Chua Jr., L. Herberg, E.H. Leiter -- The Zucker diabetic fatty (ZDF) rat--lessons from leptin receptor defect diabetic model / R.G. Peterson -- The Goto-Kakizaki diabetic rat evolved by selective breeding / C.J. Ostenson -- The new zealand obese mouse : a polygenic model of obesity, glucose intolerance and the metabolic syndrome / B.C. Fam, S. Andrikopoulos -- The JCR:LA-cp rat : a model of the metabolic syndrome exhibiting micro-and macro-vascular disease / J.C. Russel, S.E. Kelly, S.D. Proctor -- The SHROB (Koletsky) rat as a model for metabolic syndrome / R.J. Koletzky, R.A. Velliquette, P. Ernsberger -- OLETF rats : a model for the metabolic syndrome and diabetic nephropathy in humans / K. Kawano -- Neonatally streptrozotocin-induced (n-STZ) diabetic rats, a family of type 2 diabetes models / B. Portha ... [et al.] -- The Rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta) manifests all features of human type 2 diabetes / B. Hansen and Xenia T. Tigno --
- Atlas of diabetes. 4th ed. 2012, SpringerRegulation of Insulin Secretion and Islet Cell Function /Gordon C. Weir, Susan Bonner-Weir and Arun Sharma --Mechanisms of Insulin Action /Morris F. White and Morris F. White --Consequences of Insulin Deficiency /Abbas E. Kitabchi and Mary Beth Murphy --Type 1 Diabetes /Mark A. Atkinson and Jay S. Skyler --Management of Type 1 Diabetes /Irl B. Hirsch and Jay S. Skyler --Childhood Diabetes /Jamie R. Wood and Francine R. Kaufman --Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes /Mazen Alsahli and John E. Gerich --Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus /Jennifer B. Marks --Diabetes and Pregnancy /Lois Jovanovič --Mechanisms of Hyperglycemic Damage in Diabetes /Ferdinando Giacco and Michael Brownlee --Management and Prevention of Diabetic Complications /Sunder Mudaliar and Robert R. Henry --Eye Complications of Diabetes /Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello and Paolo S. Silva, et al. --Diabetes and the Kidney /Robert C. Stanton and Robert C. Stanton --Diabetic Neuropathies /Aaron I. Vinik --Obesity Therapy /Steven R. Smith --Reversal of Diabetes: Islet Cell Transplantation /Antonello Pileggi, Rodolfo Alejandro and Camillo Ricordi --Technology and Diabetes: Insulin Delivery Systems and Glucose Sensing /Bruce W. Bode --Newer Diabetes Medications /Jay S. Skyler.
- Atlas of endocrine pathology 2014, Springer"Atlas of Endocrine Pathology provides a comprehensive compendium of photomicrographs of common and uncommon entities in endocrine pathology. The volume includes histologic features of normal features, reactive conditions, hyperplasia, and tumors. The most helpful diagnostic features are illustrated to provide direction and clues to the diagnosis of endocrine tumors. Furthermore, photomicrographs highlight the most pertinent diagnostic features in problematic diagnoses in endocrine pathology. Authored by a nationally and internationally recognized pathologist, Atlas of Endocrine Pathology is an important learning tool for those becoming familiar with the diverse entities encountered in endocrine pathology and a valuable reference for practicing pathologists faced with challenging diagnoses in endocrine pathology."--Publisher's website.
- Atlas of sarcoidosis 2005, Springer
- Atlas of thyroid lesions 2011, SpringerPhysical and technical essentials -- Ultrasound features of thyroid lesions -- Nodular or colloid goiter, hyperplasia, and cysts -- Follicular adenoma and follicular thyroid carcinoma -- Oncocytic nodule/Hurtle cell tumors -- Follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Anaplastic carcinoma -- Lymphoma and plasmacytoma -- Thyroiditis -- Metastases -- Regional lymph node metastases.
- Autoimmune diseases in endocrinology 2008, SpringerPart I: Introductory chapters -- Basic mechanisms in autoimmunity / Sonia Quaratino -- Immunogenetic factors in autoimmunity / Joanne Heward and Stephen Gough -- Environmental factors in autoimmune endocrinopathies / Rajni B. Sharma ... [et al.] --Part II: Autoimmune thyroid disease -- Animal models of autoimmune thyroid disease / Marian Ludgate -- Thyroid autoantigens / Philip F. Watson and Nagat Saeed -- Graves' disease / Simon H. S. Pearce -- Autoimmune hypothyroidism / Francesco Latrofa and Aldo Pinchera -- Postpartum thyroiditis / John H. Lazarus and L. D. K. E. Premawardhana -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy and dermopathy / Wilmar M. Wiersinga --Part III: Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Animal models of type 1 diabetes mellitus / Lucienne Chatenoud -- Islet cell autoantigens / Anastasia Katsarou ... [et al.] -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus / Huriya Beyan and R. David G. Leslie --Part IV: Other autoimmune endocrinopathies -- Addison's disease / Corrado Betterle, Renato Zanchetta, and Fabio Presotto -- Premature ovarian failure / Victoria Sundblad, Violeta A. Chiauzzi, and Eduardo H. Charreau -- Autoimmune hypophysitis / Patrician Anne Crock ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 1 / Pärt Peterson -- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 2 / George J. Kahaly and Manuela Dittmar.
- Bone drugs in pediatrics 2014, Springer
- Breast, endocrine and surgical oncology 2014, SpringerWritten by internationally acclaimed specialists, Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. The text is illustrated throughout by photographs that depict anatomic or technical principles. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Cardiovascular issues in endocrinology 2014, KargerTestosterone and cardiovascular risk in men / Kelly, D.M., Jones, T.H. -- Hormone therapy and venous thromboembolism among postmenopausal women / Scarabin, P.-Y. -- Cardiovascular and metabolic impact of glucocorticoid replacement therapy / Johannsson, G., Ragnarsson, O. -- Cardiovascular disease and thyroid function / Faber, J., Selmer, C. -- Hormonal alterations in heart failure : anabolic impairment in chronic heart failure -- diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic issues / Arcopinto, M., Cittadini, A. -- Genetics of primary aldosteronism / Funder, J.W. -- Adipose tissue dysfunction and inflammation in cardiovascular disease / Wronkowitz, N., Romacho, T., Sell, H., Eckel, J. -- Potential peptides in atherosclerosis therapy / Marleau, S., Mellal, K., Huynh, D.N., Ong, H. -- Interaction between insulin-like growth factor-1 and atherosclerosis and vascular aging / Higashi, Y., Quevedo, H.C., Tiwari, S., Sukhanov, S., Shai, S.-Y., Anwar, A., Delafontaine, P. -- Ghrelin and the cardiovascular system / Tokudome, T., Kishimoto, I., Miyazato, M., Kangawa, K. -- Natriuretic peptide system and the heart / del Ry, S., Cabiati, M., Clerico, A. -- Beyond glycemic control : cardiovascular effects of incretin-based therapies / Angeli, F.S., Shannon, R.P.
- Cartilage and bone development and its disorders 2011, KargerChondrocyte proliferation and differentiation / Wuelling, M., Vortkamp, A. -- Local regulation of growth plate cartilage / Spth, S.-S. ... [et al.] -- Growth plate senescence and catch-up growth / Lui, J.C., Nilsson, O., Baron, J. -- Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth / Wit, J.M., Camacho-Hübner, C. -- Estrogen signaling in growth plate cartilage / Karimian, E., Svendahl, L. -- Methods to study cartilage and bone development / Andrade, A.C. ... [et al.] -- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and phosphorus metabolism / Tiosano, D. -- Molecular defects causing skeletal dysplasias / Mkitie, O. -- Allele-specific gene silencing in osteogenesis imperfecta / Ljunggren, Ö. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells in skeletal physiology and endocrine diseases of bone / Bianco, P., Sacchetti, B., Riminucci, M. -- Cartilage tissue engineering / Moreira-Teixeira, L.S. ... [et al.].
- Case-based guide to clinical endocrinology 2008, Springer
- Cellular peptide hormone synthesis and secretory pathways 2010, Springer
- Chronobiology and obesity 2013, SpringerCircadian rhythms are such an innate part of our lives that we rarely pause to speculate why they even exist. Perhaps this is the reason why in the medical practice the circadian variability of hormones, metabolites, physiological behaviors or the relevance of time in the presence or absence of different pathologies, have been practically ignored in the past. Some studies have suggested that the disruption of the circadian system may be cause for obesity and manifestations of Metabolic Syndrome (MetS). Shift-work, sleep-deprivation and bright-light-exposure at night are related to increased adiposity (obesity) and prevalence of MetS. Chronobiology and Obesity examines recent advances that have led to researchers to find the relevant link which exists between chronobiology and obesity, but, as it is emphasized throughout the book, there is much more that needs to be explored between the connection.
- Clinical care pathways in andrology 2014, SpringerClinical Care Pathways in Andrology provides a valuable resource for understanding clinical decision-making in the context of the predominant male reproductive and sexual disorders for which patients commonly seek evaluation and treatment. Conditions that are less well-known but can be severely bothersome to patients, such as penile sensory loss, are also presented. Based on clinical evidence and expert consensus, practical clinical care pathways are featured for each condition. Each clinical care pathway consists of an algorithm that delineates the overall structure of decision-making for each condition, describes initial clinical presentations, and guides the reader through diagnostic testing and treatment.
- Print Material
- Molecular biology for clinicians -- Hormone biosynthesis, metabolism, and mechanism of action -- The ovary-embryology and development -- The uterus -- Neuroendocrinology -- Regulation of the menstrual cycle -- Sperm and egg transport, fertilization, and implantation -- The endocrinology of pregnancy -- Normal and abnormal sexual development -- Normal and abnormal growth and pubertal development -- Amenorrhea -- Chronic anovulation and the polycystic ovary syndrome -- Hirsutism -- Menstrual disorders -- Abnormal uterine bleeding -- The breast -- Menopause and the perimenopausal transition -- Postmenopausal hormone therapy -- Obesity -- Reproduction and the thyroid -- Family planning, sterilization, and abortion -- Oral contraception -- Vaginal and transdermal estrogen-progestin contraception -- Long-acting methods of contraception -- Intrauterine contraception -- Barrier methods of contraception and withdrawal -- Female infertility -- Recurrent early pregnancy loss -- Endometriosis -- Male infertility -- Induction of ovulation -- Assisted reproductive technologies -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Appendix-I: Interpreting epidemiologic reports -- Appendix-II: Selected laboratory values and the international system of units (SI Units).
- Clinical urologic endocrinology 2013, Springer1. Anatomy and Physiology of Androgen Regulation in Men / Jerald Marifke and Jay Sandlow -- 2. Development of the Male Reproductive System / Pravin K. Rao and Arthur L. Burnett -- 3. Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Hypogonadism / Mikkel Fode, Susanne A. Quallich, Yacov Reisman, Jens Sønksen, and Dana A. Ohl -- 4. Testosterone and Sexual Function / Wayland Hsiao and John P. Mulhall 5. Treatment of Hypogonadism in Men / Akanksha Mehta, Darius A. Paduch, and Marc Goldstein -- 6. Hypogonadism and Prostate Cancer: To Treat or Not to Treat / Mohit Khera -- 7. Testosterone and Male Infertility / Tung-Chin Hsieh, Matthew McIntyre, and Larry Lipshultz -- 8. Specific Endocrinopathies and Male Infertility / Vincent Harisaran, Eugene Cone, and Kathleen Hwang.
- Comprehensive handbook of iodine 2009, ScienceDirectAnalytical techniques -- General aspects of iodine sources and intakes in the diet, main routes of iodine metabolism and metabolic roles -- Pathological aspects of iodine deficiency -- Prevention and treatment of iodine deficiency disorders -- Damage and disease due to iodine toxicity -- Radiodine in the non-iodine deficient subject -- Other causes of hypothyroidism -- Geographical aspects of iodine deficiency disorders.
- Congenital endocrinopathies 2007, KargerGenomic approaches in genetic research for endocrine diseases / Ravazzolo, R. -- Genetic defects of the growth-hormone-IGF axis associated with growth hormone insensitivity / Woods, K. -- Late effects of disturbed IGF signaling in congenital diseases: intrauterine and postnatal growth retardation / Cianfarani, S. ... [et al.] -- Growth hormone receptor polymorphisms: controversies and outcome of growth hormone treatment / Buzi, F. ... [et al.] -- Genetic disorders involving adrenal development / Lin, L., Ferraz-de-Souza, B., Achermann, J.C. -- Early management and gender assignment in disorders of sexual differentiation / Hughes, I.A -- Prenatal and early postnatal treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Ghizzoni, L. ... [et al.] -- Neonatal diabetes: the role of KCNJ11 (Kir6.2) / Tammaro, P. -- Diagnosis of neonatal and infancy-onset diabetes / Barbetti, F. -- Management of neonatal and infancy-onset diabetes mellitus / Søvik, O. ... [et al.] -- Insights in congenital hyperinsulinism / Hussain, K. -- A clinical approach to severe insulin resistance / Savage, D.B. ... [et al.] -- Inherited endocrine diseases involving G proteins and G protein-coupled receptors / Spiegel, A.M. -- Stem cells: from animal research to clinical applications / Redi, C.A. ... [et al.].
- Controversies in obesity 2014, SpringerObesity is a relatively new and controversial field of medicine. Some of the controversies surrounding obesity can be dismissed as myths, others reveal the lack of consensus and comprehensive knowledge which exist in obesity and its complex relationship with diabetes and other serious long-term conditions. Controversies in Obesity takes the unique approach of assessing the controversies surrounding obesity, thus seeking to debunk the myths and highlight and explore the genuine science, whilst demonstrating areas where there is healthy debate. This book will appeal to primary care physicians, trainees and specialist nurses involved in care of the obese patient, and would be of interest to anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the complex nature of obesity and its management.
- Clinical trials : planning and analysis / Farewell, V.T., Cook, R.J. -- The evidence base for growth hormone effectiveness in children / Kelnar, C.J.H. -- Safety of recombinant human growth hormone / Carel, J.-C., Butler, G. -- Diagnosis of growth hormone deficiency / Webb, E.A., Dattani, M.T. -- Biological determinants of responsiveness to growth hormone : pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine / Mullis, P.-E. -- Clinical considerations in using growth hormone therapy in growth hormone deficiency / Ranke, M.B. -- Current indications for growth hormone therapy for children and adolescents / Richmond, E., Rogol, A.D. -- GH use in the transition of adolescence to adulthood / Mauras, N.
- Cushing's disease 2011, SpringerCushing's Disease: An Historical Perspective -- Molecular Biology of Cushing's Disease -- Pathology of Cushing's Disease -- The Diagnosis of Cushing's Syndrome -- Pseudo-Cushing's Syndrome -- Cyclic Cushing's Disease -- Differential Diagnosis of Cushing's Syndrome -- Radiologic Imaging Techniques in Cushing's Disease -- Surgical Treatment of Cushing's Disease -- Postoperative Management and Assessment of Cure -- Radiation Therapy in the Management of Cushing's Disease -- Medical Management of Cushing's Disease -- Recurrent Cushing's Disease -- Diagnosis and Treatment of Pediatric Cushing's Disease -- Silent Corticotroph Adenomas -- Cushing's Syndrome in Pregnancy -- Nelson's Syndrome: Corticotroph Tumor Progression After Bilateral Adrenalectomy in Cushing's Disease -- Psychosocial Aspects of Cushing's Disease.
- Cushing's syndrome. 1st ed. 2011, Springer
- Development of the pancreas and neonatal diabetes 2007, KargerPancreatic development as a basis for the definition of new therapies for diabetes / Scharfmann, R. -- Overview of neonatal diabetes / Hamilton-Shield, J.P. -- Transcription factors in pancreatic development. Animal models / Martin, M. ... [et al.] -- Distinct roles of HNF1[beta], HNF1[alpha], and HNF4[alpha] in regulating pancreas development, [beta]-cell function, and growth / Maestro, M.A. ... [et al.] -- In vivo and in vitro techniques to study pancreas development and islet cell function / Duvillié, B., Heinis, M., Stetsyuk, V. --Functional imaging of the pancreas: the role of [18F]Fluoro-L-DOPA PET in the diagnosis of hyperinsulinism of infancy / Ribeiro, M.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin pump therapy in neonatal diabetes / Tubiana-Rufi, N. -- Generating new candidate genes for neonatal diabetes: functional and genetic studies of insulin secretion in type 2 diabetes / Rutter, G.A. -- Diabetes in very young children and mutations in the insulin-secreting cell potassium channel genes: therapeutic consequences / Flechtner, I. ... [et al.] -- Genomic imprinting: roles and regulation in development / Kelsey, G. -- Imprinting in human disease with special reference to transient neonatal diabetes and Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome / Temple, I.K. -- The physiology and clinical management of glucose metabolism in the newborn / Beardsall, K., Dunger, D.
- DHEA in human health and aging 2012, CRCnetBASE"Reduced production of DHEA associated with the diseases that accompany aging has led to its use as a nutritional supplement for antiaging, metabolic support, and other purposes. While animal studies have clearly shown substantial benefits of DHEA in combating various disease states, the effect of low levels of DHEA in humans is less established, and the mechanisms of action and potential involvement in illnesses remain unclear. DHEA in Human Health and Aging reviews the past ten years of research into this hormone and explores its potential for future study."--Publisher's description.
- Diabetes 2014, ScienceDirect
- Diabetes & c-peptide 2012, Springer1. C-Peptide and Insulin: A Happy Marriage / Donald F. Steiner -- 2. Peptide Interactions of Proinsulin C-Peptide / Charlotte Nerelius, Emma Lindahl, Michael Landreh, and Hans Jörnvall -- 3. The Effect of Combined C-Peptide and Zinc on Cellular Function / Dana M. Spence -- 4. C-Peptide Signaling in the Kidney and Protection from Diabetic Nephropathy / Nigel J. Brunskill -- 5. Role of C-Peptide in the Regulation of Microvascular Blood Flow / Thomas Forst, Matthias M. Weber, Thomas Kunt, and Andreas Pfützner -- 6. Is NO-eNOS a Target for C-Peptide Action and Its Protective Effects on Diabetic Nephropathy? / Kazuhiro Kimura and Akihiro Kamikawa -- 7. Renoprotective Effects of C-Peptide on Type 1 Diabetes / Lina Nordquist, Åsa Kallas, Sara Stridh, Fredrik Palm, and John Wahren -- 8. The Mechanisms Underlying the Effects of C-Peptideon Type 1 Diabetic Neuropathy / Hideki Kamiya, Wei-Xian Zhang, and Anders A.F. Sima -- 9. C-Peptide and Type 1 Diabetic Encephalopathy / Anders A.F. Sima and Wei-Xian Zhang -- 10. C-Peptide: A New Moleculewith Anti-Inflammatory Properties / Jaime Haidet, Vincenza Cifarelli, Xuehui Geng, Massimo Trucco, and Patrizia Luppi -- 11. C-Peptide: Connecting Diabetes with Macrovascular Complications / Karen E. Porter and Romana S. Mughal -- 12. C-Peptide and Diabetic Neuropathy in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes / Karin Ekberg and John Wahren -- 13. Proatherogenic Effects of C-Peptide / Daniel Walcher and Nikolaus Marx -- 14. Conclusions and Future Outlook / Anders A.F. Sima.
- Diabetes and exercise 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and kidney disease 2014, Springer"Diabetes and Kidney Disease reviews the most up-to-date research on diabetic nephropathy, the current understanding of its pathophysiology, renal structural alterations and clinical features, and summarizes recent evidence-based clinical treatment modalities for the prevention and management of diabetic kidney disease. General clinical aspects are covered, as well as an overview to the novel approaches being designed by leading researchers in the field. A convenient compendium for physicians involved in the care of diabetic patients with varying degrees of kidney involvement, Diabetes and Kidney Disease is also a handy resource for medical residents and students interested in the current status and future approaches to reducing the burden of diabetes and diabetic kidney disease."--Publisher's website.
- Diabetes and peripheral vascular disease 2012, Springer
- Diabetes and the brain 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and viruses 2013, SpringerDiabetes, in all of its forms, now constitutes a growing health concern, affecting all segments of the world's population. There is great interest in the factors which influence its etiology and progression. Among these, a number of viruses feature prominently. Hindered by technological limitations, research into this relationship has hitherto been scarce. Recent advances, however, have opened up the field and there is a burgeoning body of literature on the subject. Unfortunately, this literature has been diffuse and often difficult to access.For the first time, this book compiles the views of many of the world's experts in the field. It addresses questions, ranging from how viruses may destroy or modify the function of pancreatic islets; to which viruses are the most likely culprits; to whether vaccines or etiologic therapies might be used to prevent virus-induced diabetes. Diabetes and Viruses is the first comprehensive volume on an important and expanding field of research that is of interest to clinicians, healthcare managers, epidemiologists, veterinarians, and basic scientists.
- Diabetes care for the older patient 2012, SpringerThe Epidemiology of Diabetes in Older People -- Type 2 Diabetes and Dementia -- Depression in Older People with Diabetes -- Hypoglycaemia and the Older Person -- Cardiovascular Risk, Glucose and Targets for Management of Diabetes in Older People -- Diabetes and Frailty -- Perceptions of Users and Carers in Supporting Diabetes Care: Practical Guidance, Support and Information for Carers -- Management of Elderly People with Diabetes in Primary Care.
- Diabetes in clinical practice 2010, Springer
- Diabetes in women 2009, Springer
- Diabetes management in primary care 2007, OvidIntroduction to diabetes -- Diagnosing and managing the metabolic syndrome in adults, children, and adolescents -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Managing type 2 diabetes in adults -- Physiologic insulin replacement therapy -- Insulin pump therapy -- Assessing glycemic control using home blood glucose monitoring, continuous glucose sensing, and glycated hemoglobin (A1C) testing -- Management of diabetes in pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Lifestyle interventions for patients with diabetes -- In-patient management of patients with diabetes -- Screening, diagnosis, and management of diabetes-related complications -- Amylin, glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists, and dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) inhibitors as novel treatments for diabetes -- Managing mental illness in patients with diabetes.
- Diabetes mellitus. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovidpt. 1. Insulin secretion -- pt. 2. Insulin action -- pt. 3. Definition and classification -- pt. 4. Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- pt. 5. Therapeutics for type 1 diabetes mellitus -- pt. 6. Type 2 diabetes mellitus -- pt. 7. Therapeutics for type 2 diabetes mellitus -- pt. 8. Pregnancy -- pt. 9. Descriptive and clinical complications -- pt. 10. Mechanisms of complications.
- Diabetes from growth hormone excess / Neggers, S.J., van der Lely, A.J. -- Diabetes in growth hormone deficiency / Prodam, F., Zavattaro, M., Caputo, M., Marzullo, P., Aimaretti, G. -- Diabetes associated with glucocorticoid excess / Janssen, J.A.M.J.L., Lamberts, S.W. -- Diabetes in hyperaldosteronism / Crudo, V., Mulatero, P., Monticone, S., Veglio, F. -- Diabetes from catecholamine excess / Mannelli, M., Parenti, G., Zampetti, B., Canu, L., Mannucci, E. -- Diabetes and hyperthyroidism / Mitrou, P., Dimitriadis, G., Raptis, S.A. -- Diabetes secondary to neuroendocrine gastroenteropancreatic tumors / Minuto, F., Ferone, D., Boschetti, M., Albertelli, M., Gatto, F. -- Type 2 diabetes in polycystic ovary syndrome / Pasquali, R., Gambineri, A. -- Diabetes in hyperparathyroidism / Thomas, A., Kautzky-Willer, A. -- Posttransplant diabetes / Secchi, A., Scavini, M. -- Diabetes in pancreatitis, pancreatectomy, and other pancreatic diseases / Tiengo, A., Vigili de Kreutzenberg, S., Del Prato, S. -- Fibrocalculous pancreatic diabetes / Unnikrishnan, R., Mohan, V. -- Diabetes and hemochromatosis / Wood, M.J., Gonsalkorala, E.S., Powell, L.W. -- Secondary diabetes : clinical considerations / Ghigo, E., Guaraldi, F., Porta, M.
- Diabetic foot. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Diagnosis and management of pituitary disorders 2008, Springer
- Diagnosis and management of polycystic ovary syndrome 2009, SpringerPart I. The syndrome. 1. Clinical manifestations of PCOS / Pasquali Renato --2. The Menstrual cycle in PCOS / Sabrina Gill and Janet E. Hall -- 3. The Radiology of Polycystic ovaries / Susan J. Barter -- Part II. Origins -- 4. Insulin resistance in PCOS / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Charikleia D. Christakou -- 5. Genetics of metabolic syndrome and genetic lipodystrophies / Tisha R. Joy and Robert A. Hegele -- 6. The Genetics of polycystic ovary syndrome / Brad Eilerman, Marzieh Salehi, and Yaron Tomer -- 7. Uterine origins and evolution in childhood / Agathocles Tsatsoulis and Nectaria Xita -- Part III. Consequences -- 8. Hyperandrogenism in PCOS / Neoklis A. Georgopoulos, Eleni Kandaraki, and Dimitrios Panidis -- 9. The Risk of diabetes and metabolic syndrome in PCOS / Thomas M. Barber -- 10. The Risks of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in the Polycystic ovary syndrome / Susmeeta T. Sharma and John E. Nestler -- 11. Pregnancy complications in PCOS / Roy Homburg -- 12. Polycystic ovary syndrome, sleep apnea, and daytime sleepiness and fatigue / Alexandros N. Vgontzas and Susan Calhoun -- 13. Polycystic ovarian syndrome and gynaecological cancer / Alexandra Lawrence and W. Peter Mason -- 14. PCOS, depression, and Alzheimer's disease / Pascale G. Stemmle, Heather A. Kenna, and Natalie L. Rasgon -- 15. Psychological issues and their treatment / Melissa J. Himelein and Samuel S. Thatcher -- Part IV. Management -- 16. Dietary management of PCOS / Kate Marsh -- 17. Exercise in the treatment of PCOS / Emma Stevenson -- 18. Medical treatment / Jean-Patrice Baillargeon and Nadir R. Farid -- 19. Therapy of hirsutism / Salvatore Benvenga -- 20. Ovulation induction in PCOS / Evert J.P. van Santbrink -- 21. IVF in Polycystic ovary syndrome / Rehan Salim and Paul Serhal -- 22. The Surgical management of Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Colin J. Davis -- 23. When periods stop: long-term consequences of PCOS / Enrico Carmina, Ettore Guastella, and Manfredi Rizzo.
- Diseases of the pancreas 2008, Springer
- Diseases of the parathyroid glands 2012, Springer1.Molecular Mechanisms of Parathyroid Hormone Synthesis /Tally Naveh-Many and Morris Nechama --2.Regulation of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism /Arthur D. Conigrave --3.Diagnosis and Treatment of the Patient with Abnormal Calcium /Elizabeth H. Holt --4.The Calcium-Sensing Receptor: Physiology and Pathophysiology /Friedhelm Raue and Christine Haag --5.New Concepts for Primary and Secondary Hyperparathyroidism /Joachim Beige and Peter Lamesch --6.Calcific Uremic Arteriolopathy (Calciphylaxis) /Earl H. Rudolph and Edgar V. Lerma --7.Cystic Parathyroid Lesions /Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone --8.Parathyroid Cancer /Maurizio Iacobone and Jean-François Henry --9.Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pathophysiology of Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide /Bandana Chakravarti, Shailendra K. Dhar Dwivedi, Ambrish Mithal and Naibedya Chattopadhyay --10.Ectopic Parathyroid Glands /Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone --11.Hyperparathyroidism in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia /Syeda S. Zaidi, Vipul T. Lakhani and James T. Broome --12.Familial Hypocalciuric Hypercalcemia /Ogo I. Egbuna and Edward M. Brown --13.Hyperparathyroidism-Jaw Tumor Syndrome /Andrew C. Calabria and Michael A. Levine --14.Hypoparathyroidism and Pseudohypoparathyroidism /Rajesh V. Thakker --15.Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Neonates and Children /Eric Mallet and Mireille Castanet --16.Hypoparathyroidism in Children /Anne Lienhardt-Roussie and Agnès Linglart --17.Parathormone Resistance in Children /Agnès Linglart and Eric Mallet --18.The Use of Ultrasonography in the Management of Parathyroid Diseases /Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas --19.Imaging in Parathyroid Diseases /Donald R. Neumann and Joyce J. Shin --20.Parathyroid Surgery /Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas.
- Diseases of the thyroid in childhood and adolescence 2007, KargerOntogenesis and anatomy of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis / Tsoumalis, G.; Tsatsoulis, A -- Thyroid disease during pregnancy / Lazarus, J.H -- Thyroid function in the newborn and infant / Spiliotis, B.E. -- Pediatric aspects of thyroid function and iodine / Knobel, M., Medeiros-Neto, G -- Thyroid hormone transport and actions / Feldt-Rasmussen, U., Rasmussen, Å.K. -- The thyroid and autoimmunity in children and adolescents / Weetman, A.P. -- Congenital hypothyroidism / Karges, B., Kiess, W. -- Newborn screening, hypothyroidism in infants, children and adolescents / Büyükgebiz, A. -- Resistance to thyroid hormone in childhood / Bakker, O. -- Pendred syndrome / Kassem, S., Glaser, B. -- Treatment of hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease in children / Rivkees, S.A. -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy in juvenile Graves' disease: clinical, endocrine and therapeutic aspects / Krassas, G.E., Gogakos, A. -- Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in pediatric age / Wiersinga, W.M. -- Imaging of the normal and affected thyroid in childhood / Bennedbæk, F.N., Hegedüs, L. -- Thyroid and other autoimmune diseases with emphasis on type 1 diabetes mellitus and Turner syndrome / Kapellen, T. ...[et al.] -- Thyroid and trace elements in children and adolescence / Kahaly, G.J.
- Disorders of the human adrenal cortex 2008, KargerSteroidogenic enzymes / Miller, W.L. -- Disorders of adrenal development / Ferraz-de-Souza, B.; Achermann, J.C. -- Adrenal androgens in humans and nonhuman primates: production, zonation and regulation / Nguyen, A.D.; Conley, A.J. -- Clinical implications of androgen synthesis via 5[alpha]-reduced precursors / Ghayee, H.J.; Auchus, R.J. -- P450 oxidoreductase deficiency: a new form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Flück, C.E. ... [et al.] -- Long-term outcome of prenatal treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Lajic, S.; Nordenström, A.; Hirvikoski, T. -- Adrenocorticotropin resistance syndromes / Cooray, S.N. ... [et al.] -- Cushing Syndrome caused by adrenocortical tumors and hyperplasias (corticotropin-independent Cushing Syndrome) / Stratakis, S.A. -- The role of adrenal steroidogenesis in arterial hypertension / Mohaupt, M.G. -- Fetal programming of adrenal androgen excess: lessons from a nonhuman primate model of polycystic ovary syndrome / Abbott, D.H. ... [et al.].
- Doves, diplomats, and diabetes 2013, Springer1. A Darwinian Way of Thinking -- 2. Diabetes in a Textbook -- 3. Diabetes in an Undergraduate Class -- 4. The Rise and Fall of Thrift -- 5. Of Hawks and Doves -- 6. Of Soldiers and Diplomats -- 7. The Physiology of Aggression -- 8. Deploying the Immunological Garrison -- 9. Why Population Density Matters -- 10. Time to Give Up Stress -- 11. Fat: Beyond Energy Storage -- 12. Why Blood Sugar Goes Up -- 13. Beating Around the "Wrong" Bush? -- 14. Behavioral Deficiencies and Behavioral Supplementation -- 15. Where Do We Go From Here?
- Endemic cretinism 2011, Springer
- Endocrine and metabolic disorders. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASEThis volume updates its classic predecessor in both content and format. Written by two of the respected authorities in diagnostic endocrinology, it includes detailed information on how to perform and interpret those laboratory test procedures used to confirm the clinical diagnosis of the majority of known endocrine disorders. Newly designed, it provides a standardized format that makes it easier to access complete information about the diagnosis, screening, and management of traditional and newly perceived endocrine disorders. It provides sample calculations to assist with complex formulas as well as ICD-9 codes for all procedures.
- Endocrine disruption modeling 2009, CRCnetBASEIn silico methods for modeling endocrine disruption / James Devillers -- Mechanisms of endocrine disruptions : a tentative overview / Jean-Marc Porcher, James Devillers, and Nathalie Marchand-Geneste -- Population dynamics modeling : a tool for environmental risk assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals / Andrew R. Brown ... [et al.] -- Application of pharmacokinetic modeling to understand the mechanism of action of endocrine disrupting chemicals / James Devillers -- Comparative modeling review of nuclear hormone receptor superfamily / Nathalie Marchand-Geneste and James Devillers -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Endocrine Disruptor Knowledge Base (EDKB) : lessons learned in QSAR modeling and applications / Hong Fang ... [et al.] -- A structure-activity relationship (SAR) analysis for the identification of environmental estrogens : the categorical-SAR (cat-SAR) approach / Albert R. Cunningham ... [et al.] --Kohonen and counterpropagation neural networks employed for modeling endocrine disruptors / Marjana Novič and Marjan Vračko -- Quantitative spectrometric data-activity relationships (QSDAR) models of endocrine disruptor binding activities / Richard D. Beger, Dan A. Buzatu, and Jon G. Wilkes -- Mechanism-based modeling of estrogen receptor binding affinity : a Common Reactivity Pattern (COREPA) implementation / Ovanes Mekenyan and Rossitsa Serafimova -- Molecular field analysis methods for modeling endocrine disruptors / Jean-Pierre Doucet and Annick Panaye -- Structure-activity modeling of a diverse set of androgen receptor ligands / James Devillers ... [et al.] -- SAR and QSAR analyses of substituted dibenzoylhydrazines for their mode of action as ecdysone agonists / Toshio Fujita and Yoshiaki Nakagawa -- e-Endocrine disrupting chemical databases for deriving SAR and QSAR models / Nathalie Marchand-Geneste ... [et al.].
- Endocrine disruptors and puberty 2012, Springer1. Introduction to Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Andrea C. Gore -- pt. I. EDCs, Endocrine Systems, and Puberty -- 2. In Utero Exposure to Environmental Chemicals: Lessons from Maternal Cigarette Smoking and Its Effects on Gonad Development and Puberty / Rebecca McKinlay, Peter O'Shaughnessey, Richard M. Sharpe, and Paul A. Fowler -- 3. Reproductive Neuroendocrine Targets of Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors / Sarah M. Dickerson, Stephanie L. Cunningham, and Andrea C. Gore -- 4. Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty Disorders from Mice to Men (and Women) / Alberto Mantovani -- 5. Thyroid Hormone Regulation of Mammalian Reproductive Development and the Potential Impact of Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals / Kara Renee Thoemke, Thomas William Bastian, and Grant Wesley Anderson -- pt. II. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and adverse reproductive outcomes -- 6. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Ovarian Function / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, Eleni Palioura, Eleni A. Kandaraki -- 7. Developmental Exposure to Environmental Endocrine Disruptors and Adverse Effects on Mammary Gland Development / Suzanne E. Fenton, Lydia M. Beck, Aditi R. Borde, and Jennifer L. Rayner -- 8. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Male Urogenital Tract Malformations / Mariana F. Fernandez and Nicolas Olea -- 9. EDC Exposures and the Development of Reproductive and Nonreproductive Behaviors / Craige C. Wrenn, Ashwini Mallappa, and Amy B. Wisniewski -- pt. III. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Metabolic Disorders -- 10. Adipocytes as Target Cells for Endocrine Disruption / Amanda Janesick and Bruce Blumberg -- 11. Altered Glucose Homeostasis Resulting from Developmental Exposures to Endocrine Disruptors / Alan Schneyer and Melissa Brown -- 12. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals: Is There a Connection with Birth and Childhood Weights? / Elizabeth E. Hatch, Jessica W. Nelson, Rebecca Troisi, and Linda Titus -- pt. IV. EDCs and Human Health -- 13. The Impact of Endocrine Disruptors on Female Pubertal Timing / Jean-Pierre Bourguignon and Anne-Simone Parent -- 14. The Influence of Endocrine Disruptors on Male Pubertal Timing / Xiufeng Wu, Ningning Zhang, and Mary M. Lee -- 15. Secular Trends in Pubertal Timing: A Role for Environmental Chemical Exposure? / Vincent F. Garry and Peter Truran.
- Endocrine hypertension 2013, SpringerMachine generated contents note: pt. I Adrenal Hypertension -- 1. Primary Aldosteronism: Progress in Diagnosis, Therapy, and Genetics / Franco Veglio -- 2. Syndromes of Mineralocorticoid Excess / Christian A. Koch -- 3. Hypertension in Patients with Cushing's Syndrome / George P. Chrousos -- 4. Primary Generalized Familial and Sporadic Glucocorticoid Resistance (Chrousos Syndrome) and Hypersensitivity / George P. Chrousos -- 5. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia / Deborah P. Merke -- 6. Adrenal Incidentalomas and Arterial Hypertension / George P. Chrousos -- 7. Pheochromocytoma: Unmasking the Chameleon / Karel Pacak -- pt. II Other Potential Causes of Endocrine Hypertension -- 8. Hypertension in Growth Hormone Excess and Deficiency / George R. Merriam -- 9. Primary Hyperparathyroidism and Hypertension / Shonni J. Silverberg -- 10. Hypertension, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Calcium Metabolism / Vin Tangpricha -- 11. Testosterone Deficiency or Male Hypogonadism / Michael Zitzmann -- 12. Insulin Resistance and Hypertension / Helmut O. Steinberg -- 13. Obesity-Associated Hypertension / Gabriel I. Uwaifo -- 14. Central Mineralocorticoid Receptors and Cardiovascular Disease / Elise P. Gomez-Sanchez.
- Endocrine involvement in developmental syndromes 2009, KargerInherited and sporadic epimutations at the IGF2-H19 locus in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and Wilms' tumor / Riccio, A. ... [et al.] -- Epigenetic regulation of growth : lessons from Silver-Russell syndrome / Eggermann, T. -- Genetic imprinting : the paradigm of Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromes / Gurrieri, F., Accadia, M. -- Muscle involvement and IGF-1 signaling in genetic disorders : new therapeutic approaches / Barberi, L. ... [et al.] -- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies and related syndromes : brief review / Bertini, E., D'Amico A. -- Overgrowth syndromes : a classification / Neri, G., Moscarda, M. -- C-type natriuretic peptide and overgrowth / Bocciardi, R., Ravazzolo, R. -- Role of transcription factors in midline central nervous system and pituitary defects / Kelberman, D., Dattani, M.T. --Developmental abnormalities of the posterior pituitary gland / Di Iorgi, N. ... [et al.] -- Hyperinsulinism in developmental syndromes / Kapoor, R.R., James, C., Hussain, K. -- Developmental syndromes : growth hormone deficiency and treatment / Mazzanti, L. ... [et al.] -- Growth hormone-resistant syndromes : long-term follow-up / Chernausek, S.D. -- Phenotypic aspects of growth hormone- and IGF-I-resistant syndromes / Savage, M.O. ... [et al.] -- Double diabetes : a mixture of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in youth / Pozzilli, P., Guglielmi, C. -- Cryptorchidism as part of the testicular dysgenesis syndrome : the environmental connection / Main, K.M., Skakkebaek, N.E., Toppari, J. -- Disorders of sex development in developmental syndromes / Hiort, O., Gillessen-Kaesbach, G.
- Endocrine manifestations of systemic autoimmune diseases 2008, ScienceDirectThis book is one of the first to evaluate the role of Steroids in autoimmune rheumatic diseases from the basic mechanisms to the clinical involvements and focuses on the importance of steroidal hormones in the pathogenesis and therapeutical management of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. In particular, the chapters analyze the mechanisms of action and the involvement of adrenal steroids (glucocorticoids) in the neuroendocrine immune system, including the effects on elderly. The perturbations of the HPA axis as source of altered steroidal sythesis will be discussed and related to some interesting pathological conditions often complicating the autoimmune rheumatic diseases susch as psychosis or fibromyalgia. Concerning the role of gonadal steroids (sex hormones), several chapters will discuss clinical and epidemiological evidences of their role, as well as their effects as risk factors in autoimmune rheumatic diseases, including a section in Pediatrics. *The premier issue evaluating the role of Steroids in autoimmune rheumatic diseases from the basic mechanisms to the clinical involvements *Documents the latest research and indicate recent and coming new therapeutical-biological approaches to the therapy *The book will present therapeutical perspectives concerning the new glucocorticoids, and the effects of biological drugs on their synthesis.
- Endocrine neoplasia 2010, SpringerPart. I Thyroid.-- Biology of thyroid oncogenesis / Insoo Suh, Electron Kebebew.-- Evaliation of the thyroid nodule / Dina M. Elaraj.-- Differentiated thyroid cancers of follicular cell origin / Linwah Yip, Sally E. Carty.-- Sporadic medullary thyroid cancer / Adrian Harvey, Janice L. Pasieka.-- Anaplastic thyroid cancer / Alan P.B. Dackiw.-- Part II. Parathyroid.-- Primary hyperparathyroidism / Kaitlyn J. Kelly, Herbert Chen, Rebecca S. Sippel.-- Parathyromatosis and parathyroid cancer / Wen T. Shen.-- Part III. Incidentaloma / Jacob Malem, Insoo Suh, Quan-Yang Duh.-- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma / Goswin Y. Meyer-Rochow, Stan B. Sidhu.-- Functional cortical neoplasms / Ali Zarrinpar, Michael W. Yeh.-- Adrenocortical carcinoma / Patsy S.H. Soon, Stan B. Sidhu.-- Part IV. Pnacreatic neuroendocrine tumors.-- Gastrinoma / Anthony J. Chambers, Janice L. Pasieka.-- Insulinoma / Kimberly Vanderveen, Clive Grant.-- Rare neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas / Shih-Ping Cheng, Gerard M. Doherty.-- Part V. Multiple endocrine neoplasia.-- Menin gene / Hsin-Chieh Jennifer Shen, Steven K. Libutti.-- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type I: clinical manifestations and management / Anathea C. Powell, Steven K. Libutti.-- RET protooncogene / Amber L. Traugott, Jeffrey F. Moley.-- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2: clinical manifestations and management / Amber L. Traugott, Jeffrey F. Moely.
- Endocrine pathology. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerMethods in cellular and molecular pathology / Paul Komminoth ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamus and neurohypophysis / Kazuhiro Takahashi, Osamu Murakami, and Toraichi Mouri -- Tumors in the adenohypophysis / Fateme Salehi ... [et al.] -- Recent developments in molecular embryogenesis and molecular biology of the pituitary / Robert Y. Osamura and Noboru Egashira -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of pituitary tumors / Ricardo V. Lloyd -- The pineal gland / Katherine M. Lindstrom and M. Beatriz S. Lopes -- The parathyroid / H. Rubén Harach -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of the parathyroid / Vânia Nosé and Ashraf Khan -- Pathology of thyroid gland / Ashraf Khan and Vânia Nosé -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of the thyroid / Yuri E. Nikiforov -- Adrenal cortex / Hironobu Sasano ... [et al.] -- Adrenal medulla and paraganglia / Anne Marie McNicol -- Molecular biology of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas / Elizabeth E. King and Patricia L.M. Dahia -- Endocrine ovaries / Xavier Matias Guiu -- Endocrine testis / Robert E. Emerson, Liang Cheng, and Thomas M. Ulbright -- Endocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal system / Guido Rindi ... [et al.] -- The endocrine pancreas / Stefano La Rosa ... [et al.] -- Neuroendocrine differentiation patterns in various organs (including lung, breast, skin, and urogenital tract) / Marco Volante ... [et al.] -- Endocrine lung / William D. Travis -- Cutaneous neuroendocrine tumors / Lori A. Erickson -- Neuroendocrine carcinomas of the thymus / Cesar A. Moran and Saul Suster -- Endocrine placenta / Raymond W. Redline -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of endocrine glands / Ema A. Dragoescu and Celeste N. Powers -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome / Kennichi Kakudo, Yasuhiro Ito, and Masahide Takahashi -- Polyglandular autoimmune diseases / Ricardo V. Lloyd -- Biochemical testing for neuroendocrine tumors / Aaron I. Vinik and Maria P. Silva -- Surgical management of endocrine disorders / Joseph B. Lillegard, Travis J. McKenzie, and Geoffrey B. Thompson -- Medical treatment of neuroendocrine tumors / Timothy J. Hobday -- Radiation treatment of endocrine tumors / Sunil Krishnan, Deepa Suresh, and Robert L. Foote -- Future directions in endocrine pathology / Ricardo V. Lloyd.
- Endocrine physiology. 4th ed. 2013, AccessMedicineThis book provides comprehensive coverage of the fundamental concepts of hormone biological action. These concepts provide a solid foundation for understanding the physiologic mechanisms involved in neuroendocrine regulation of organ function. -- Publisher description
- Endocrine secrets. Sixth edition [6th ed.]. 2013, ScienceDirectContinues the tradition of the Secrets Series®, offering fast answers to the most essential clinical endocrinology questions. The Q&A format includes pearls, tips, and memory aids to help you to learn and study efficiently. Provides a concise board review or handy clinical endocrinology resource.
- Endocrine surgery 2009, Springer
- Endocrine surgery 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Endocrine tumor syndromes and their genetics 2013, KargerMultiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 / Agarwal, S.K. -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 / Lodish, M. -- Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome / Chou, A. ... [et al.] -- Carney complex -- Espiard, S., Bertherat, J. -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 / Lee, M., Pellegata, N.S. -- Novel hereditary forms of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas / Dahia, P.L.M. -- Carney triad / Carney, J.A. -- Genetics of pituitary adenomas / Gadelha, M.R. ... [et al.] -- Clinical behavior and genetics of nonsyndromic, familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer / Bauer, A.J. -- Genetic defects associated with familial and sporadic hyperparathyroidism / Hendy, G.N., Cole, D.E.C. -- Endocrine tumors associated with neurofibromatosis type 1, Peutz-Jeghers syndrome, and other familial neoplasia syndromes / Kalkan, E., Waguespack, S.G.
- Endocrine updates v. 25-, 2007-, Springer
- Endocrine-disrupting chemicals 2007, Springer
- Endocrinology 2001, NCBI Bookshelf
- Endocrinology and diabetes 2014, SpringerEndocrinology, and diabetes care in particular, is a dynamic field where clinicians must translate new evidence into clinical practice at a rapid pace. Designed in an engaging, case-based format, Endocrinology and Diabetes: A Problem Oriented Approach offers a wide range of thought-provoking case studies that reflect contemporary, challenging, hands-on clinical care. Further, by providing a list of specific clinical problems, this format offers the reader a more convenient and pointed way to solve precise clinical problems in a timely manner. Developed by a renowned, international group of experts, this comprehensive title covers the most common clinical problems in endocrinology and diabetes and should be of great interest to endocrinologists, diabetologists, internal medicine physicians, family physicians, fellows, and residents.
- Endocrinology of physical activity and sport. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerUnderstanding the influence and interaction between physical activity and the endocrine system are of paramount importance in dealing with a multitude of health problems. In Endocrinology of Physical Activity and Sport, renowned physicians and researchers provide a comprehensive and expanded update on the scientific, clinical and practical components of endocrinology as related to sport and exercise. The authors thoroughly review what is known about how such activity affects the endocrine system and how in turn these hormonal responses affect many other organs and systems of the body. In addition, aspects of endocrinology in non-glandular tissue which have endocrine actions are addressed; for example, adipocytes and the release of leptin and related adipocytokines. Further, a wide range of clinically related topics such as athletic amenorrhea, osteopenia, sarcopenia, and hypogonadism are included. This new edition critically integrates what is known about the complex interaction of the endocrine system in the sports context and will again prove immensely valuable to all physicians and clinical investigators treating those active in sports today.
- Endocrinology. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Endocrinopathy after childhood cancer treatment 2009, KargerHypopituitarism following radiotherapy revisited / Darzy, K.H., Shalet, S.M. -- Alterations in pubertal timing following therapy for childhood malignancies / Armstrong, G.T., Chow, E.J., Sklar, C.A. -- Obesity during and after treatment for childhood cancer / Reilly, J.J. -- Metabolic disorders / Gregory, J.W. -- Bone and bone turnover / Crofton, P.M. -- Male fertility and strategies for fertility preservation following childhood cancer treatment / Mitchell, R.T. ... [et al.] -- Fertility in female childhood cancer survivors / De Bruin, M.L. ... [et al.] -- Long-term follow-up of survivors of childhood cancer / Edgar, A.B. ... [et al.].
- Erythropoietin and the nervous system 2006, Springer1. History and Biology of Erythropoietin in Hematopoietic and Non-Neural Tissues / Giorgia Melli, Sanjay Keswani and Ahmet Höke, p. 1-13 -- 2. Expression of Erythropoietin and Its Receptor in the Central Nervous System / Hugo Marti and Christian Bauer, p. 15-31 -- 3. Erythropoietin and Neuroprotection in the Central Nervous System: Intracellular Signaling Pathways / Murat Digicaylioglu, p. 33-48 -- 4. Regulation of Erythropoietin Expression in the Nervous System: The Hypoxia Inducible Factor / Juan Chavez and JoAnn Gensert, p. 49-67 -- 5. Erythropoietin Neuroprotection in the Term and Preterm Infant: Safety and Efficacy / Eric Demers and Sandra Juul, p. 69-98 -- 6. Erythropoietin for the Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Preclinical Rationale / Michael Renzi, Linda Jolliffe, Francis Farrell and Kenneth Rhodes, p. 99-112 -- 7. Erythropoietin Neuroprotection in the Retina / Gundula Rohde, Mathias Bähr and Jochen Weishaupt, p. 113-126 -- 8. Erythropoietin for Treatment of Human Brain Disease: Experience from Proof-of-Concept Trials / Hannelore Ehrenreich and Anna-Leena Sirén, p. 127-145 -- 9. Erythropoietin in Spinal Cord Injury Challenges for a Novel Neuroprotective Strategy / Michael Brines and Anthony Cerami, p. 147-164 -- 10. Erythropoietin and Neuroprotection in the Peripheral Nervous System: In Vivo Studies / W. Campana, p. 165-177 -- 11. An Endogenous Pathway Preventing Axonal Degeneration Mediated by Schwann Cell-Derived Erythropoietin / Sanjay Keswani and Ahmet Höke, p. 179-190 -- 12. Role of Erythropoietin in Inflammatory Pathologies of the CNS/ Pietro Ghezzi, Paolo Bigini and Manuela Mengozzi, p. 191-209 -- 13. Development of Non-Erythropoietic Erythropoietin Variants for Neuroprotection / Lars Torup and Marcel Leist, p. 211-219.
- Evidence-based endocrinology 2006, SpringerThe new endocrinologist: evidence-based medicine meets endocrine practice / Victor M. Montori -- A short history of evidence-based medicine / Jeanne Daly -- The philosophy of evidence-based medicine, 15 years later / Gordon H. Guyatt and Jason W. Busse -- Preparing future generations of evidence-based endocrinologists / Michael L. Green -- Finding current best evidence in clinical endocrinology / R. Brian Haynes and Cynthia J. Walker-Dilks -- Integrating evidence into clinical diagnosis / W. Scott Richardson -- Supporting evidence-based endocrine practice / Steven A. Smith and Geoffrey Gates -- Helping patients make decisions at the point of care / Annette M. O'Connor, Dawn Stacey, and France Légaré -- Incorporating evidence into health policy decisions / Eduardo Ortiz and Janelle Guirguis-Blake -- The value of observational studies in endocrinology / L. Joseph Melton III -- The value of clinical investigations in endocrinology / William L. Isley -- Systematic reviews and the Cochrane collaboration in endocrinology / Bernd Richter --Health-related quality of life of in endocrinology / Holger J. Schnemann and Elie A. Akl -- Using decision analyses in endocrinology / David Aron and Evelyn Mentari -- Clouded thinking: the misguided use of cost-effectiveness analysis and the implications for endocrine interventions / Amiram Gafni -- The value of translational research in diabetes: asking broader questions / Russell E. Glasgow, Elizabeth Bayliss, and Paul A. Estabrooks -- The patient with type 1 diabetes and hypoglycemia / Yogish C. Kudva, Teck-Kim Khoo and Peter J. Tebben -- The patient with medically complicated obesity / Kurt A. Kennel -- The patient at risk of type 2 diabetes: considering prevention / Sarah E. Capes -- The patient with type 2 diabetes and incomplete metabolic control / Sean F. Dinneen and Robert K. Semple -- The patient with diabetes using alternative medicine / Edward J. Mills and Dugald Seely -- The patient with osteoporosis / Clifford J. Rosen and Sue A. Brown -- The neuroendocrinology of medically unexplained syndromes: the example of chronic fatigue syndrome / Jason W. Busse.
- Evidence-based endocrinology. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidHypothalamic-pituitary disorders -- Thyroid disorders -- Adrenal disorders -- Metabolic bone disorders -- Reproductive disorders -- Diabetes mellitus -- Lipid disorders -- Obesity and nutrition -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Carcinoid tumors -- Paraneoplastic endocrine syndromes -- Genetics.
- This volume represents an up-to-date overview on the major areas of gynecological endocrinology, providing the reader with a complete explanation of female endocrine regulation and metabolism and relevant disorders and treatment. It is published within the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology (ISGE) Series and is based on the 2013 International School of Gynecological and Reproductive Endocrinology Summer Course. The book covers a very wide range of topics from primary amenorrhea to menopause, from the impact of ovarian surgery on fertility to fertility cryopreservation, from metabolic syndrome and polycystic ovary to premature ovarian failure and from the clinical impact of selective progesterone receptor modulators to the use of progesterone in prevention of premature labor. It will be an important tool for obstetricians and gynecologists, endocrinologists and experts in women's health as well as interested GPs.
- Genetic diagnosis of endocrine disorders. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectMechanisms of mutation -- Pancreas - Genetic testing in diabetes mellitus: a clinical guide to monogenic diabetes -- Obesity -- Syndromes of severe insulin resistance and/or lipodystrophy -- Pituitary -- Functioning pituitary adenomas -- Diabetes insipidus -- States of pituitary hypofunction -- Thyroid -- Congenital defects of thyroid hormone synthesis -- Developmental abnormalities of the thyroid -- Syndromes of reduced sensitivity to thyroid hormone -- Molecular genetics of thyroid cancer: pathogenetic significance and clinical applications -- Parathyroid and bone -- Genetics of hyperparathyroidism including parathyroid cancer -- Genetic diagnosis of skeletal dysplasias -- Vitamin D disorders -- Adrenal -- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia -- Genetics of adrenocortical tumors (ACT) and hypersecretory syndromes -- Hereditary pheochromocytoma and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2) -- Genetic conditions associated with congenital adrenocortical insufficiency or glucocorticoid and/or mineralocorticoid resistance -- Reproductive -- Genetic considerations in the evaluation of menstrual cycle irregularities -- Genetic diagnosis of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome -- Disorders of sex development -- Genetic defects of androgen resistance -- Multisystem disorders -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) -- Genetics of polyglandular failure -- Growth -- Genetic diagnosis of growth failure -- Counseling and laboratory -- Genetic counseling -- Setting up a laboratory.
- Genomics in endocrinology 2008, SpringerMicroarray-based gene expression analysis of endocrine systems: principles of experimental design and interpretation. -- Gene expression profiles and transcription factors involved in parathyroid hormone signaling in osteoblastic cells. -- Analysis of growth hormone effects on hepatic gene expression in hypophysectomized rats. -- Gene expression profiling in leiomyoma in response to GnRH therapy and TGF-beta. -- Gene profiling analysis of androgen receptor mediated function. -- Interrogating estrogen receptor [alpha] signaling in breast cancer by chromatin immunoprecipitation microarrays. -- Gene expression analysis of the adrenal cortex in health and disease. -- DNA microarray analysis of human uterine decidualization. -- Large-scale DNA microarray data analysis reveals glucocorticoid receptor-mediated breast cancer cell survival pathways. -- Application of microarrays for gene transcript analysis in type 2 diabetes. -- DNA microarray analysis of effects of TSH, iodide, cytokines, and therapeutic agents on gene expression in cultured human thyroid follicles. -- Genomics and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): the use of microarray analysis to identify new candidate genes. -- Microarray analysis of alterations induced by obesity in white adipose tissue gene expression profiling. -- Novel molecular signaling and classification of human clinically nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas identified by microarray and reverse transcription-quantitative polymerase chain reaction. -- Gene expression studies of prostate hyperplasia in prolactin transgenic mice.
- Ghrelin in health and disease 2012, Springer
- Ghrelin system 2013, Karger
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirectSection I. Development and cell migration -- Section II. GnRH receptors -- Section III. Physiology and regulation.
- Greenspan's Basic & clinical endocrinology 2011 (9th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Growth and lactogenic hormones 2002, ScienceDirect
- Growth hormone deficiency in adults 2005, KargerClinical aspects of growth hormone deficiency in adults: an overview / Jørgensen, J.O.L., Christiansen, J.S. -- Epidemiology of adult growth hormone deficiency: prevalence, incidence, mortality and morbidity / Erfurth, E.M. -- Hypopituitarism following traumatic brain injury / Popovic, V. ... [et al.] -- IGF-I measurements: epidemiological and clinical aspects / Juul, A. -- Diagnosis of growth hormone deficiency / Fisker, S., Andersen, M., Orskov, H. -- Clinical monitoring of growth hormone replacement in adults / Gibney, J., Johannsson, G. -- Consequences of growth hormone deficiency for intermediary metabolism and effects of replacement / Norrelund, H. -- Skeletal and cardiac muscle in adults with growth hormone deficiency / Cuneo, R.C., Wallace, J.D. -- Bone metabolism and growth hormone deficiency: experimental and clinical aspects / Ueland, T., Bollerslev, J. -- Growth hormone and fluid homeostasis / Moller, J. -- Growth hormone and body composition / Mersebach, H., Feldt-Rasmussen, U. -- Effects of growth hormone deficiency and growth hormone treatment on quality of life in growth hormone-deficient adults / Arwert, L.I., Berend Deijen, J., Drent, M.L. -- Safety aspects of growth hormone replacement / Waterhouse, M., Monson, J.P.
- Growth hormone related diseases and therapy 2011, Springer
- Handbook of diabetes management 2006, Springer
- Handbook of neuroendocrinology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeuroendocrinology, the discipline concerned with how the nervous system controls hormonal secretion and how hormones control the brain, is pivotal to physiology and medicine. Neuroendocrinology has disclosed and underpins fundamental physiological, molecular biological and genetic principles such as the regulation of gene transcription and translation, the mechanisms of chemical neurotransmission and intracellular and systemic feedback control systems. Reproduction, growth, stress, aggression, metabolism, birth, feeding and drinking and blood pressure are some of the bodily functions that are triggered and/or controlled by neuroendocrine systems. In turn, neuroendocrine dysfunction due to genetic or other deficits can lead, for example, to infertility, impotence, precocious or delayed puberty, defective or excessive growth, obesity and anorexia, Cushing's Syndrome, hypertension or thyroid disorders. These as well as neuroendocrine tumors are some of the themes covered in the 36 chapters of the Handbook. Drafted by internationally acknowledged experts in the field, the Handbook chapters feature detailed up-to-date bibliographies as well as "how do we know?" call out sections that highlight the experimental or technical foundations for major concepts, principles, or methodological advances in each area. Aimed at senior undergraduate and graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and faculty in neuroscience, medicine, endocrinology, psychiatry, psychology and cognate disciplines, the Handbook of Neuroendocrinology satisfies an unmet need that will prove useful at the laboratory bench as well as in the office.
- Handbook of parathyroid diseases 2012, Springer
- History of diabetes in pregnancy 2012, Springer
- Hormonal and genetic basis of sexual differentiation disorders and hot topics in endocrinology 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Genetic disorders of steroids : speakers -- pt. 2. Prenatal diagnosis of congenital adrenal hyperplasia : speakers -- pt. 3. Treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia : speakers -- pt. 4. Receptor defects : speakers -- pt. 5. Psychological aspects of intersex : speakers -- pt. 6. Embryology of sex differentiation : speakers -- pt. 7. Disorders of sex differentiation : speakers -- pt. 8. Hormonal hypertension : speakers -- pt. 9. Skeletal biology : speakers -- pt. 10. Posters.
- Hormonal carcinogenesis. V 2008, Springer
- Hormone assays in biological fluids 2006, Springer ProtocolsImmunoassay techniques / Michael J. Wheeler -- High-performance liquid chromatography for hormone assay / John W. Honour -- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / John W. Honour -- An introduction to PCR techniques / Gill Rumsby -- Methods for the investigation of thyroid function / Christine R. Squire -- Assays for LH, FSH, and prolactin / Michael J. Wheeler -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and related peptides / Les A. Perry -- Measurement of glucocorticoids in biological fluids / Geoff Holder -- Urinary steroid profiling / Norman F. Taylor -- Measurement of aldosterone in blood / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of plasma renin activity / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of androgens / Michael J. Wheeler -- Measurement of gut hormones in plasma / Shahred Taheri, Mohammed Ghatei, and Steve Bloom -- Measurement of melatonin and 6-sulphatoxymelatonin / Benita Middleton.
- Hormone resistance and hypersensitivity 2013, KargerThyroid hormone transporters and resistance / T.J. Visser -- Genetics and epigenetics of parathyroid hormone resistance / M. Bastepe -- Gonadotropin resistance / A.C. Latronico, I.J.P. Arnhold -- Clinical and molecular aspects of androgen insensitivity / O. Hiort -- Exploring the molecular mechanisms of glucocorticoid receptor action from sensitivity to resistance / S. Ramamoorthy, J.A. Cidlowski -- ACTH resistance : genes and mechanisms / E. Meimaridou ... [et al.] -- Primary generalized familial and sporadic glucocorticoid resistance (chrousos syndrome) and hypersensitivity / E. Charmandari, T. Kino, G.P. Chrousos -- Pseudohypoaldosteronism / F.G. Riepe -- New aspects of the physiology of the GH-IGF-1 axis / A. Vottero, C. Guzzetti, S. Loche -- Molecular and clinical aspects of GHRH receptor mutations / V. Corazzini, R. Salvatori -- Current issues on molecular diagnosis of GH signaling defects / E. Feigerlova ... [et al.] -- Molecular IGF-1 and IGF-1 receptor defects : from genetics to clinical management / M.J.E. Walenkamp, M. Losekoot, J.M. Wit -- Phenotypes, investigation, and treatment of primary IGF-1 deficiency / M.O. Savage -- Human congenital perilipin deficiency and insulin resistance / K. Kozusko, S. Patel, D.B. Savage.
- Hormone therapy 2013, SpringerHormone Therapy: A Clinical Handbook provides a comprehensive overview on hormone replacement therapy, with a range of key features that differentiate it from other titles on the topic. This concise, handy title presents an interdisciplinary approach to the subject, acknowledging that sex hormones affect more than reproductive organs and hot flushes for a deeper understanding of how hormones function. The authors provide a breadth and depth of practical prescribing experience, including many helpful tables and algorithms as well as directions for prescribing hormone therapy in the most effective way.
- Hormones and social behaviour 2008, Springer
- Hormones and the brain 2005, Springer
- How gut and brain control metabolism 2014, KargerHormonal control of metabolism by the hypothalamus-autonomic nervous system-liver axis / Kalsbeek, A.; Bruinstroop, E.; Yi, C.-X.; Klieverik, L.; Liu, J.; Fliers, E. -- The blood-brain barrier as a regulator of the gut-brain axis / Schaeffer, M.; Hodson, D.J.; Mollard, P. -- The brain modulates insulin sensitivity in multiple tissues / Parlevliet, E.T.; Coomans, C.P.; Rensen, P.C.N.; Romijn, J.A. -- The important role of sleep in metabolism / Copinschi, G.; Leproult, R. ; Spiegel, K. -- Metabolic interplay between gut bacteria and their host / Duca, F.; Giard, P.; Covasa, M.; Lepage, P. -- The brain-stomach connection / Folgueira, C.; Seoane, L.M.; Casanueva, F.F. -- Prader-Willi syndrome as a model of human hyperphagia / Tauber, M.; Diene, G.; Mimoun, E.; Aabal-Berthoumieu, S.; Mantoulan, C.; Molinas, C.; Muscatelli, F.; Salles, J.P. -- Interactions between the gut, the brain and brown adipose tissue function / van den Beukel, J.C.; Grefhorst, A. -- Gut sweet taste receptors and their role in metabolism / Meyer-Gerspach, A.C.; Wilnerhanssen, B.; Beglinger, C. -- What is the role of metabolic hormones in taste buds of the tongue / Cai, H.; Maudsley, S.; Martin, B. -- Protein PYY and its role in metabolism / Price, S.L.; Bloom, S.R. -- Nutropioids regulate the gut-brain circuit controlling food intake / Mithieux, G. -- Should we consider des-acyl ghrelin as a separate hormone and if so, what does it do? / Delhanty, P.J.D.; Neggers, S.J.; van der Lely, A.J. -- Obestatin : is it really doing something? / Trovato, L.; Gallo, D.; Settanni, F.; Gesmundo, I.; Ghigo, E.; Granata, R.
- IGF-I and IGF binding proteins 2005, KargerThe IGF system: new developments relevant to pediatric practice / Rosenfeld, R.G. -- Clinical relevance of systemic and local IGF-I / Yakar, S. ... [et al.] -- Cartilage disorders: potential therapeutic use of mesenchymal stem cells / Spagnoli, A., Longobardi, L., O'Rear, L. -- Treatment in animal models / Guan, J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin-like growth factor-I and risk of type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease: molecular epidemiology / Sandhu, M.S. -- Quantitative measurement of IGF-I and its use in diagnosing and monitoring treatment of disorders of growth hormone secretion / Clemmons, D.R. -- IGF-I and IGFBP-3 assessment in the management of childhood onset growth hormone deficiency / Cianfarani, S., Liguori, A., Germani, D. -- IGFs and IGFBPs in clinical management of adult growth hormone deficiency / Aimaretti, G. ... [et al.] -- Monitoring of insulin-like growth factors during growth hormone treatment: adulthood growth hormone deficiency / Monson, J.P. -- IGFs and IGFBPs in clinical management: GH insensitivity / Savage, M.O. ... [et al.] -- Childhood and adol[e]scent diabetes / Dunger, D.B., Regan, F.M., Acerini, C.L. -- Insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus: is there a therapeutic role for IGF-1? / Moses, A.C. -- Insulin-like growth factors in the treatment of neurological disease / Leinninger, G.M., Feldman, E.L. -- Insulin-like growth factor system in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / Wilczak, N., De Keyser, J.
- IGFs 2010, Springer
- Imaging endocrine diseases in children 2012, Springer
- Immunoendocrinology 2011, Springer
- Immunoendocrinology in health and disease 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 5th ed. 2012, SpringerI. Diagnosis and Treatment: General Principles -- 1. Clinical Approach to Inborn Errors of Metabolism in Pediatrics / Jean-Marie Saudubray -- 2. Inborn Errors of Metabolism in Adults: A Diagnostic Approach to Neurological and Psychiatric Presentations / Frédéric Sedel -- 3. Newborn Screening for Inborn Errors of Metabolism / Bridget Wilcken, Piero Rinaldo, Dietrich Matern -- 4. Diagnostic Procedures: Functional Tests and Post-mortem Protocol / Guy Touati, Fanny Mochel, Daniel Rabier -- 5. Emergency Treatments / Carlo Dionisi-Vici, Hélène Ogier de Baulny -- II. Disorders of Carbohydrate Metabolism -- 6. The Glycogen Storage Diseases and Related Disorders / Pascal Laforêt, David A. Weinstein, G. Peter, A. Smit -- 7. Disorders of Galactose Metabolism / Gerard T. Berry, John H. Walter -- 8. Disorders of the Pentose Phosphate Pathway / Mirjam M.C. Wamelink, Vassili Valayannopoulos, Cornelis Jakobs -- 9. Disorders of Fructose Metabolism / Beat Steinmann, René Santer -- 10. Persistent Hyperinsulinaemic Hypoglycaemia / Pascale de Lonlay, Jean-Marie Saudubray -- 11. Disorders of Glucose Transport / René Santer, Jörg Klepper -- III. Disorders of Mitochondrial Energy Metabolism -- 12. Disorders of Pyruvate Metabolism and the Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle / Linda J. De Meirleir, Michèle Brivet, Angeles Garcia-Cazorla -- 13. Disorders of Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Oxidation and Related Metabolic Pathways / Andrew A.M. Morris, Ute Spiekerkoetter -- 14. Disorders of Ketogenesis and Ketolysis / Andrew A.M. Morris -- 15. Defects of the Respiratory Chain / Arnold Munnich, Agnès Rötig, Marlène Rio -- 16. Creatine Deficiency Syndromes / Sylvia Stöckler-Ipsiroglu, Saadet Mercimek- Mahmutoglu, Gajja S. Salomons -- IV. Disorders of Amino Acid Metabolism and Transport -- 17. Hyperphenylalaninaemia / John H. Walter, Robin H. Lachmann, Peter Burgard -- 18. 18 Disorders of Tyrosine Metabolism / Anupam Chakrapani, Paul Gissen, Patrick McKiernan -- 19. Branched-chain Organic Acidurias/Acidaemias / Hélène Ogier de Baulny, Carlo Dionisi-Vici, Udo Wendel -- 20. Disorders of the Urea Cycle and Related Enzymes / Frits A. Wijburg, Marie-Cécile Nassogne -- 21. Disorders of Sulfur Amino Acid Metabolism / Generoso Andria, Brian Fowler, Gianfranco Sebastio -- 22. Disorders of Ornithine Metabolism / Matthias R. Baumgartner, David Valle -- 23. Cerebral Organic Acid Disorders and Other Disorders of Lysine Catabolism / Georg F. Hoffmann, Stefan Kölker -- 24. Nonketotic Hyperglycinaemia (Glycine Encephalopathy) / Olivier Dulac, Marie-Odile Rolland --25. Disorders of Proline and Serine Metabolism / Jaak Jaeken -- 26. Transport Defects of Amino Acids at the Cell Membrane: Cystinuria, Lysinuric Protein Intolerance and Hartnup Disorder / Kirsti Näntö-Salonen, Harri Niinikoski, Olli G. Simell -- V. Vitamin-Responsive Disorders -- 27. Biotin-responsive Disorders / Matthias R. Baumgartner, Terttu Suormala -- 28. Disorders of Cobalamin and Folate Transport and Metabolism / David Watkins, David S. Rosenblatt, Brian Fowler -- VI. Neurotransmitter and Small Peptide Disorders -- 29. Disorders of Neurotransmission / Àngels García-Cazorla, K. Michael Gibson, Peter T. Clayton -- 30. Disorders in the Metabolism of Glutathione and Imidazole Dipeptides / Ertan Mayatepek, Jaak Jaeken -- 31. Trimethylaminuria and Dimethylglycine Dehydrogenase Deficiency / Valerie Walker, Ron A. Wevers -- VII. Disorders of Lipid and Bile Acid Metabolism -- 32. Dyslipidaemias / Annabelle Rodriguez-Oquendo, Peter O. Kwiterovich, Jr. -- 33. Disorders of Cholesterol Synthesis / Hans R. Waterham, Peter T. Clayton -- 34. Disorders of Bile Acid Synthesis / Peter T. Clayton -- 35. Disorders of Phospholipid and Glycosphingolipid Synthesis / Foudil Lamari, Fréderic Sédel, Jean-Marie Saudubray -- VIII. Disorders of Nucleic Acid and Heme Metabolism -- 36. Disorders of Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism / Georges van den Berghe, M.-Françoise Vincent, Sandrine Marie -- 37. Disorders of Haem Biosynthesis / Charles Marquez Lourenço, Chul Lee, Karl E. Anderson -- IX. Disorders of Metal Transport -- 38. Disorders in the Transport of Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium and Zinc / Marc Bierings, Peter Clayton, Roderick H.J. Houwen -- X. Organelle-Related Disorders: Lysosomes, Peroxisomes, and Golgi and Pre-Golgi Systems -- 39. Disorders of Sphingolipid Metabolism and Neuronal Ceroid-Lipofuscinoses / Marie T. Vanier, Catherine Caillaud -- 40. Mucopolysaccharidoses and Oligosaccharidoses / J. Ed Wraith -- 41. Peroxisomal Disorders / Bwee Tien Poll-The, Patrick Aubourg, Ronald J.A. Wanders -- 42. Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation / Jaak Jaeken -- 43. Cystinosis / Michel Broyer, Patrick Niaudet -- Appendix A. Medications Used in the Treatment of Inborn Errors / JH Walter and JE Wraith.
- Innovative endocrinology of cancer 2008, Springer
- Insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome 2007, Springer1. Evaluation for insulin resistance and comorbidities related to insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- 2. Fat distribution and adipose products in polycystic ovary syndrome / Enrico Carmina -- 3. Treatment of infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome: ovulation induction / Deborah S. Wachs and R. Jeffery Chang -- 4. Imaging studies in polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard,Yann Robert, Yves Ardaens, and Didier Dewailly -- 5. Genes related to metabolic abnormalities or insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome / Hector F. Escobar-Morreale -- 6. Anti-androgens / Kiirşad Ünlühizarci and Fahrettin Keleştimur -- 7. Lipid abnormalities in polycystic ovary syndrome / Djuro Macut -- 8. Serine phosphorylation, insulin resistance, and the regulation of androgen synthesis / Andrew A. Bremer and Walter L. Miller -- 9. Chronic treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome: oral contraceptive pills / Shahla Nader -- 10. Insulin-sensitizing drugs for the treatment of infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome / Cynthia S. Ryan and John E. Nestler -- 11. Diet and lifestyle factors in the etiology and management of polycystic ovary syndrome / R.J. Norman and L.J. Moran -- 12. Adrenarche: the interrelationship of androgens/insulin on the development of the metabolic syndrome/polycystic ovary syndrome / Sharon E. Oberfield, Natasha Leibel, Lauren Antler, Miriam Silfen, Lenore S. Levine, Mary Horlick, Goldy Carbunaru, Ximena Lopez, and Songya Pang -- 13. Cardiovascular disease and inflammation / Francesco Orio, Jr., Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Stefano Palomba -- 14. Surgery and laser diathermy / Stefano Palomba, Fulvio Zullo, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Francesco Orio, Jr. -- 15. Late pregnancy complications in polycystic ovary syndrome / Dimitrios Panidis and Neoklis A. Georgopoulos -- 16. Glucose intolerance / Vincenzo Toscano -- 16. Hormonal and biochemical evaluation of polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz -- 18. Endometrial carcinoma in polycystic ovary syndrome / Emmanuel Diakomanolis -- 19. Statins, oxidative stress, and polycystic ovary syndrome / Pinar H. Kodaman and Antoni J. Duleba -- 20. Glucose intolerance in polycystic ovary syndrome: focus on the [beta]-cell / David A. Ehrmann -- 21. Polycystic ovary syndrome: definitions and epidemiology / Bart C.J.M. Fauser, Frank J. Broekmans, Joop S.E. Laven, Nick S. Macklon, and Basil Tarlatzis -- 22. Anovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome / Steven Franks -- 23. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in polycystic overy syndrome / WalterFutterweit -- 24. "Secondary" polycystic ovary syndrome / Gregory Kaltsas and George Chrousos -- 25. Long-term sequelae of polycystic ovary syndrome: association with insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome / Richard S. Legro -- 26. The Insulin resistance of polycystic ovary syndrome / Marek Demissie, Richard S. Legro, and Andrea Dunaif -- 27. Therapeutic aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / George Mastorakos, Carolina Koliopoulos, and George Creatsas -- 28. Lifestyle intervention in polycystic ovarian syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Tan, and Susanne Hahn -- 29. Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in metabolism and fertility: potential implication in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Uberto Pagotto, Alessandra Gambineri, Valentina Vicennati, and Renato Pasquali -- 30. Insulin resistance: definition and epidemiology in normal women and polycystic ovary syndrome women / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- 31. Clinical evaluation of polycystic ovary syndrome / Ann E. Taylor -- 32. Pharmaceutical intervention in metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors in polycystic ovary syndrome / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis -- 33. Insulin resistance and early pregnancy loss in polycystic ovary syndrome / Daniela Jakubowicz and Susmeeta T. Sharma.
- Insulin therapy 2013, SpringerDiabetes is extremely common, with approximately 171 million people affected worldwide. The majority of people with diabetes are cared for in primary care. Primary health care professionals are usually adept at dealing with the lifestyle measures and tablet treatments for diabetes, but generally have limited expertise in the initiation and management of insulin therapy. Insulin therapy has also become more complex, with numerous different forms of insulin and more complex delivery devices available. In a secondary care setting, approximately 10% of in-patients will have diabetes at any one time. People with diabetes stay in hospital longer than people without diabetes, and the condition is often poorly managed during in-patient stays, often leading to clinical errors. Insulin Therapy: A Pocket Guide provides clear and concise information about the safe prescribing of insulin both subcutaneously and intravenously. It covers the different types of insulin, the delivery devices, side effects of insulin and, most importantly, guidance on rational dose adjustment.This book is an invaluable guide for general practitioners and primary care nurses with a special interest in diabetes, as well as junior hospital doctors and specialist medical trainees, advanced nurse practitioners and new diabetes nurse specialists.
- International practices in pancreatic surgery 2013, SpringerSurgery of the Pancreatic Carcinoma --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Claudio Bassi, Giovanni Butturini, Roberto Salvia --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Jens Werner, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Philippe Bachellier, E. Rosso, D. Jaeck --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Commentary /Tadahiro Takada, Keita Wada, Keiji Sano --Commentary /Andrew L. Warshaw --Chronic Pancreatitis Surgery --Basic Chapter /Hans-Ulrich Schulz, René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /David B. Adams, Katherine A. Morgan --Commentary /P. C. Bornman --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Michael B. Farnell, Ashleigh L. Levendale --Commentary /A. Fingerhut, S. V. Shrikhande, P. J. Shukla --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas: SCN, MCN, IPMN --Basic Chapter /Thilo Hackert, Stefan Fritz, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Katherine A. Morgan, David B. Adams --Commentary /Roberto Salvia, Marco Dal Molin, Claudio Bassi --Commentary /C. Max Schmidt --Commentary /Masao Tanaka --Surgery of Acute Pancreatitis --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans-Ulrich Schulz, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Hans G. Beger, B. M. Rau, B. Poch --Commentary /Peter Fagenholz, Carlos Fernández-del Castillo --Commentary /H. G. Gooszen --Commentary /C. W. Imrie, C. R. Carter --Commentary /Åke Andrén-Sandberg --Commentary /Michael G. Sarr.
- Islets of Langerhans 2010, Springer
- Kallmann syndrome and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism 2010, KargerMolecular characterization and phenotypic expression of mutations in genes for gonadotropins and their receptors in humans / Salvi, R., Pralong, F.P -- Role of kisspeptin/GPR54 system in human reproductive axis / Silveira, L.F.G. ... [et al.] -- Biology of kisspeptins / Hameed, S., Dhillo, W.S. -- Role of fibroblast growth factor signaling in gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal system development / Chung, W.C.J., Tsai, P.-S. -- FGFR1 mutations in Kallmann syndrome / Villanueva, C., de Roux, N. -- Biology of KAL1 and its orthologs : implications for x-linked Kallmann syndrome and the search for novel candidate genes / MacColl, G.S., Quinton, R., Bülow, H.E. -- Biological actions and interactions of anosmin-1 / Choy, C., Kim, S.H. -- Genotype and phenotype of patients with gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutations / Kim, H.-G. ... [et al.] -- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and GNRH1 mutations in mice and humans / Bouligand, J. ... [et al.] -- Kallmann syndrome caused by mutations in the PROK2 and PROKR2 genes : pathophysiology and genotype-phenotype correlations / Sarfati, J., Dodé, C., Young, J. -- Neurokinin B and its receptor in hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Semple, R.K., Topaloglu, A.K. -- Complex genetics in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Pitteloud, N. ... [et al.] -- Rarer syndromes characterized by hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Aminzadeh, M. ... [et al.].
- Laron syndrome - from man to mouse 2011, SpringerPart I. Clinical Aspects -- 1. History of the Israeli Cohort of Laron Syndrome Patients (1958-2009) / Zvi Laron -- 2. Early Investigations: Characterizations of the Circulating Growth Hormone / Zvi Laron -- 3. Clinical Evidence of Growth Hormone Resistance in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 4. Diagnosis of Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 5. Genetic Aspects / Orit Shevah and Zvi Laron -- 5.1. Genetic Investigations / Orit Shevah and Zvi Laron -- 5.2. Hypothesis of the Origin of Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orit Shevah -- 5.3. Are the Pygmies Laron Syndrome Patients? / Zvi Laron -- 6. Clinical Evaluation / Zvi Laron -- 7. Perinatal Development in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 8. Linear Growth Pattern of Untreated Laron Syndrome Patients / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 9. Head Shape, Size, and Growth of Untreated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 10. Sexual Development in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 11. Sex Hormone Binding Proteins and Sex Hormones in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 11.1. Sex Hormone Binding Proteins / Zvi Laron -- 11.2. Sex Hormones in Untreated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 12. The Adipose Tissue in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 13. Investigations to Determine the Cause of Obesity in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Shira Ginsberg, and Nahum Vaisman -- 14. Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 15. Serum Lipids in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 16. Adiponectin and Leptin in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Hannah Kanety -- 17. Muscle Force and Endurance in Untreated Adult and IGF-I Treated Children with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 18. Bone Mineral Density in Untreated and IGF-I or Alendronate-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 19. Muscle-Bone Relationship in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Yoram Epstein, Amir Hadid, Zvi Laron, Daniel S. Moran, and Nahum Vaisman -- 19.1. Bone Characteristics / Yoram Epstein, Amir Hadid, Zvi Laron, and Daniel S.Moran -- 19.2. Lean Body Mass (LBM) in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Nahum Vaisman -- 20. Imaging Findings in Laron Syndrome / Liora Kornreich and Zvi Laron --21. Ocular Findings in Laron Syndrome / Dan H. Bourla and Dov Weinberger -- 22. Hearing in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Omer Zarchi, and Joseph Attias -- 23. The Teeth in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 24. Hair, Skin, and Nails in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 25. Hand, Foot, and Organ Size and Growth in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Aviva Silbergeld -- 25.1. Hand Size and Growth of Untreated and IGF-I Treated Laron Syndrome Patients / Zvi Laron -- 25.2. Foot Size and Growth in Untreated and IGF-I-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Aviva Silbergeld -- 25.3 Organ Size / Zvi Laron -- 26. Lifelong Serum Growth Hormone Levels in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orly Efros -- 27. IGF-I Binding Proteins in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 28. Serum Prolactin in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orly Efros -- 29. Thyroid Hormones in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 30. Insulin Secretion and Carbohydrate Metabolism in Patients with Laron Syndrome: From Hypoglycemia to Diabetes Mellitus / Zvi Laron -- 31. Liver Enzymes in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Tsvia Karmon -- 32. The Hematopoietic System in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 33. Cardiovascular Aspects in Laron Syndrome Patients / Mickey Scheinowitz, Micha S. Feinberg, Michael Shechter, Zvi Laron, and Rivka Kauli -- 33.1. Heart Functions in Untreated and IGF-I-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Mickey Scheinowitz, Micha S. Feinberg, and Zvi Laron -- 33.2. Endothelial Function in Adults with Laron Syndrome (Primary Growth Hormone Insensitivity) / Michael Shechter and Zvi Laron -- 33.3. Intimal Thickness of the Extracranial Arteries in Untreated Adult Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 33.4. Cardiovascular Disease / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 34. Kidney Functions in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 35. Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Rivka Kauli, and Eyal Rosenzweig -- 35.1. Sleep Quality / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 35.2. Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) / Zvi Laron -- 35.3. Additional Polysomnographic Examinations of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Eyal Rosenzweig and Zvi Laron -- 36. Neurological Aspects in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 37. Orthopedic Problems in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 38. Psychological Aspects in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 39. Adjustment and Rehabilitation Problems of Children, Adolescents, and Adults with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron --40. Laron Syndrome Patients with Congenital IGF-I Deficiency Seem Protected from Malignant Diseases / Zvi Laron, Rachel Steuerman, and Orit Shevah -- 41. Lifespan and Mortality of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 42. IGF-I Treatment of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 43. IGF-I Stimulation of Head Growth in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 44. Effects of Long-Term Administration of IGF-I on the Adipose Tissue and Carbohydrate Metabolism in Children with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 45. Comparison of the Growth Promoting Response of IGF-I in Children with Laron Syndrome with that of hGH in Children with Isolated GH Deficiency / Zvi Laron -- 46. IGF-I Treatment of Adult Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 47. Adverse Effects Encountered During IGF-I Treatment of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 48. Summary of the Clinical History: The Laron Syndrome Clock / Zvi Laron -- Part II. The Growth Hormone Receptor "Null" Mouse or the Laron Mouse -- 49. The Laron Mouse / John J. Kopchick and John D. Blischak -- 50. Role of GH/IGF-I Deficiency in Aging / Edward O. List -- 51. Body Composition, Adipose Tissue, and Energy Balance / Darlene E. Berryman -- 52. Metabolism and Metabolic Regulation / Lucila Sackmann-Sala, D. R. Bailey Miles, and John J. Kopchick -- 53. Skeletal Muscle / Juan Ding and John J. Kopchick -- 54. Cardiac Function in GHR-/- Mice / Diana Cruz-Topete and John J. Kopchick -- 55. Bone / Shigeru Okada and Jacob Wright-Piekarski -- 56. GHR Knockout and the CNS / Elahu S. Gosney and John J. Kopchick -- 57. Cancer / Brian D. Bower and John J. Kopchick -- 58. Reproduction / Bruce Kelder -- 59. Conclusions and Future Studies / John J. Kopchick, Hiroyoshi Tanda, Darlene Berryman, and Zvi Laron.
- Leptin 2006, Springer
- Lipoproteins in diabetes mellitus 2014, Springer
- Local cardiac renin angiotensin-aldosterone system 2006, Springer
- Local cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone system. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Lymphangiogenesis in cancer metastasis 2009, Springer
- Managing diabetes 2012, SpringerManaging Diabetes is a up-to-date, comprehensive showcase of the current pharmaceutical trends in treating diabetes and provides a unbiased, inclusive discussion of current and emerging treatments by well-known experts in the field.
- McGraw-Hill manual. Endocrine surgery / 2010, AccessSurgery1. Thyroid nodule -- 2. Goiter -- 3. Hyperthyroidism --4. Papillary thyroid carcinoma -- 5. Follicular thyroid carcinoma and oncocytic (Hürthle cell) carcinoma -- 6. Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- 7. Anaplastic thyroid carcinoma, metastases to the thyroid gland, and thyroid lymphoma -- 8. Primary hyperparathyroidism -- 9. Persistent and recurrent hyperparathyroidism -- 10. Secondary and tertiary hyperparathyroidism -- 11. Parathyroid Carcinoma -- 12. Incidentalomas and metastases to the adrenal gland -- 13. Hyperaldosteronism -- 14. Hypercortisolism -- 15. Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma -- 16. Adrenocortical carcinoma -- 17. Insulinoma -- 18. Gastrinoma -- 19. Carcinoid tumors -- 20. Other functional and nonfunctional neuroendocrine tumors -- 21. Multiple endocrine neoplasia Ttype 1 -- 22. Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 -- 23. von Hippel-Lindau disease.
- Metabolic syndrome 2008, SpringerPart 1. Metabolic Syndrome - Past and Future -- Metabolic Syndrome - Past and Future : An Introduction to the Features of This Book / Barbara Caleen Hansen, Rosemary Peternel and George A. Bray -- I. Epidemiology And Clinical Treatment: Issues In Defining And Treating The Metabolic Syndrome -- Metabolic Syndrome : To Be or Not to Be? / Gerald M. Reaven -- The Role of Obesity in Insulin Resistance : Epidemiological and Metabolic Aspects / James B. Meigs -- Treatment of the Metabolic Syndrome with Weight Loss, Exercise, Hormones, and Surgery / George A. Bray -- Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, and Cardiovascular Disease : An Epidemiological Perspective / Earl S. Ford and Simin Liu -- The Sympatho-Adrenal System in the Metabolic Syndrome / Lewis Landsberg -- II. Endothelial Function, Inflammation, and Dyslipidemia -- Insulin Action and Endothelial Function / Kieren J. Mather, Alain Baron and Michael J. Quon -- Macro- and Microvascular Disease in an Insulin-Resistant Pre-Diabetic Animal Model : The JCR:LA-cp Rat / James C. Russell and Spencer D. Proctor -- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein and the Metabolic Syndrome / Yiqing Song, Simin Liu and Joann E. Manson -- Insulin Signaling in Adipocytes and the Role of Inflammation / Christian X. Andersson, Ann Hammarstedt, Per-Anders Jansson and Ulf Smith -- Insulin Resistance and Dyslipidemia / Tina J. Chahil, Gissette Reyes and Henry N. Ginsberg -- III. Insulin - Secretion and Action: Underlying Mechanisms of the Metabolic Syndrome -- Pancreatic Islet Pathophysiology and Pathology in Obesity / Anne Clark, Jenni Moffitt, Lianne Van De Laar, Katherine Pinnick and Farhina Sayyed -- Glucagon-like Peptides and Insulin Sensitivity / Jens Juul Holst and Filip Krag Knop -- The Relationship Between the Insulin Receptor Substrates and Metabolic Disease / Morris F. White -- Insulin Resistance and Inhibitors of the Insulin Receptor Tyrosine Kinase / Jack F. Youngren -- Fat Feeding and Muscle Fat Deposition Eliciting Insulin Resistance : An Update / E. W. Kraegen, G. J. Cooney, Jiming M. Ye and Stuart M. Furler -- Alterations in Atypical Protein Kinase C Activation in Insulin Resistance Syndromes / Robert V. Farese -- The Liver, Glucose Homeostasis, and Insulin Action in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Jerry Radziuk and Susan Pye -- Chronomics of the Metabolic Syndrome / Barbara Caleen Hansen.
- Microbial endocrinology 2010, Springer
- "Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery is the first textbook which includes a comprehensive review of both minimally invasive and robotic thyroid and parathyroid techniques. Over the last several years there has been a rapid expansion in the number of different surgical approaches available to patients undergoing thyroid and parathyroid surgery. This book consolidates these in one source and focuses on both the philosophy and techniques of these procedures. For thyroid surgery, the text covers the full range of minimally invasive procedures and several of the most widely adopted remote access techniques. Several related procedures are also discussed, including minimally invasive approaches to central and lateral neck dissection. For parathyroid surgery, several minimally invasive techniques are covered, including radioguided surgery. Written by experts in the field of thyroid and parathyroid surgery, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery serves as a critical resource for both experienced and less experience surgeons, fellows, residents, and students interested in understanding the breadth of this field or learning the specific steps of a particular technique."--Publisher's website.
- Minimally invasive thyroidectomy 2012, Springer
- Molecular biology of the parathyroid 2005, Springer
- Molecular endocrinology. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectClassical endocrinology --Nonclassical endocrinology --Overview of receptors and transducers --Kinetics --Nuclear receptors --Membrane receptors --Receptor regulation --G proteins and cyclic nucleotides --Calcium, calmodulin, and phospholipids --Miscellaneous second messengers --Phosphorylation and other nontranscriptional effects of hormones --Hormonally regulated transcription factors --Modifications and conformations of DNA and nuclear proteins --Posttranscriptional control --Pathogen-endocrine system interactions --Molecular bases of endocrinopathies --Molecular evolution of the endocrine system.
- Molecular pathology of endocrine diseases 2010, SpringerMolecular oncogenesis -- Systematic autoimmune diseases -- MicroRNAs in endocrine diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of thyroid diseases -- Autoimmune thyroid diseases -- Benign nodular thyroid disease -- Fine needle aspiration: present and future -- Well-differentiated papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Well-differentiated thyroid follicular carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated and undifferentiated thyroid carcinomas -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Unusual thyroid tumors -- Hematopoietic tumors of the thyroid -- Clinical detection and treatment of parathyroid diseases -- Nonneoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Neoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of benign and malignant pituitary diseases -- Nonneoplastic and neoplastic pituitary diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of adrenal disease -- Benign and malignant pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas -- Benign and malignant diseases of the adrenal cortex -- Clinical detection and treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors -- Pancreatic endocrine neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Head and neck neuroendocrine tumors -- Merkel cell carcinoma -- Neuroendocrine lung tumors.
- Molecular pathology of the pituitary 2004., Karger
- Monogenic hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia disorders 2012, KargerHistorical perspective on the genetic forms of congenital hyperinsulinism / Stanley, C.A., Matschinsky, F.M. -- Biochemistry and physiology of the ATP-sensitive potassium channel / Remedi, M.S., Nichols, C.G. -- Pathophysiology of diffuse ATP-sensitive potassium hyperinsulinism / De León, D.D., Stanley, C.A. -- Molecular defects of ATP-sensitive potassium channels in congenital hyperinsulinism / Shyng, S.-L. ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms and clinical pathophysiologies of focal ATP-sensitive potassium hyperinsulinism and Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome / Arnoux, J.-B. ... [et al.] -- Pancreatic histopathology of hyperinsulinism / Suchi, M., Bhatti, T.R., Ruchelli, E.D. -- Localization of a focal lesion of congenital hyperinsulinism : imaging and surgery / States, L.J., Adzick, N.S. -- Role of incretin hormones in hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia / De León, D.D. -- Glutamate dehydrogenase : structure, regulation, and its role in insulin homeostasis / Smith, T.J. -- Congenital hyperinsulinism due to activating mutations of glutamate dehydrogenase : the hyperinsulinism/hyperammonemia syndrome / Kelly, A., Palladino, A., Stanley, C.A. -- Amino acid-stimulated insulin secretion : the role of the glutamine-glutamate-alpha-ketoglutarate axis / Li, C., Matschinsky, F.M., Stanley, C.A. -- Tissue specificity of glutamate dehydrogenase as illustrated in pancreatic beta-cells and the central nervous system / Carobbio, S. ... [et al.] -- The molecular genetics and pathophysiology of congenital hyperinsulinism caused by short-chain 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency / Molven, A. ... [et al.] -- Hyperinsulinism due to activating mutations of glucokinase / Sayed, S., Matschinsky, F., Stanley, C.A. -- Hyperinsulinism due to mutations of uncoupling protein 2 / Del Mar Gonzalez-Barroso, M., de Lonlay, P., Ricquier, D. -- Exercise-induced hyperinsulinism : a failure of monocarboxylate transporter 1 expression silencing / Otonkoski, T., Meissner, T. -- HNF4A and hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia / Kapoor, R.R., James, C.T., Hussain, K.
- Multi-system endocrine disruption 2011, Springer
- Multiple origins of sex differences in brain 2013, SpringerIn theoretical terms, sex differences in brain and behavior offer the possibility of fascinating scientific studies on a range of molecular phenomena such as DNA methylation, chromatin protein modification, non-coding DNA, resulting in important neuroanatomical and neurochemical effects. However, this general subject has been treated with much hyperbole. Historically, sex differences were assumed to be present where they did not really exist, e.g. with respect to mathematics, executive leadership, etc. etc. Under what circumstances do we really care about sex differences in brain and behavior? These circumstances concern human maladies whose diagnoses are much different between boys and girls, or between women and men. Prominent examples to be discussed today will include autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders and congenital adrenal hyperplasia. The meeting will end with a consideration of effects of estrogenic hormones on the injured brain, and their roles as protective agents.
- Muscle metabolism 2002, CRCnetBASEPerspectives / Eleazar Shafrir -- I. Insulin Signaling -- 1. Overview: Tyrosine Kinase Signaling in Insulin Action / Martin G. Myers, Jr. -- 2. Defects in Early Insulin Signaling in Skeletal Muscle / M. Dodson Michael and C. Ronald Kahn -- 3. Defects in Intermediate Insulin Signaling in Skeletal Muscle: Phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase and Glucose Transport / Francesco Giorgino -- II. Glucose Transport -- 4. Glucose Transport in Muscle / John O. Holloszy and Lorraine A. Nolte -- 5. The GLUT4 Compartments of Skeletal Muscle / Toolsie Ramlal, Peter Tong, Tony Lam, Romel Somwar, Maureen Charron and Amira Klip -- III. Substrate Utilization -- 6. Adverse Metabolic Consequences of Hyperglycemia ("Glucose Toxicity"): Implications for the Pathogenesis of Diabetes Mellitus / Donald A. McClain -- 7. Cellular Mediators of Glucose-Induced Autoregulation of Hexose Transport / Evgenia Alpert, Hanan Totary and Shlomo Sasson -- 8. Physiological Adaptations in Glucose Utilization of Skeletal Muscle / Julian M.R. Mathoo and Mladen Vranic -- 9. Fatty Acids and Muscle Insulin Resistance / Edward W. Kraegen, Gregory J. Cooney, Jiming Ye, Alison L. Thompson and Stuart M. Furler -- 10. Role of AMP Kinase and Malonyl CoA in Exercise-stimulated Skeletal Muscle Metabolism and Insulin Action / David J. Dean and Neil B. Ruderman -- IV. Transgenic and Genetic Models -- 11. The Use of Mouse Transgenic and Homologous Recombination.
- Neuroendocrine correlates of sleep/wakefulness 2006, SpringerDeals with endocrine regulation of the behavioral state control. This title addresses a wide spectrum of sleep/wakefulness phenomena (both animals and humans), including pathogenesis, diagnosis, and management. It provides a summary of important issues in the neuroendocrine correlates of sleep/wakefulness.
- Neuroendocrine tumors 2011, SpringerGlobal epidemiology of neuroendocrine tumors -- Pathology -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Other genetic syndromes -- Imaging of neuroendocrine tumors -- Surgical management of sporadic gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Management of neuroendocrine tumor hormonal syndromes -- Management of metastatic carcinoid tumors -- Medical management of islet cell carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumors -- Hereditary and sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Adrenocortical carcinoma -- Pheochromocytoma -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part II], Pathological situations and diseases. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectGlucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of healthy and malignant lymphocytes / L.K. Smith, J.A. Cidloski.-- Impact of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal/gonadal axes on trajectory of age-related cognitive decline / C.D. Conrad, H.A. Biomonte-Nelson.-- Menopause and mitochondria: windows into estrogen effects on Alzheimer's disease risk and therapy / V.W. Henderson, R. Diaz Brinton.-- DHEA, important source of sex steroids in men and even more in women / F. Labrie.-- Neuroendocrinology of post-traumatic stress disorder / P. Pervanidou, G.P. Chrousos.-- Assisted reproduction and its neuroendocrine impact on the offspring / C. Kanaka-Gantenbein, S. Sakka, G.P. Chrousos.-- Sex hormone and neuroendocrine aspects of the metobolic syndrome / H. Nawata, T. Watanabe, T. Yanase, M. Nomura, K. Ashida, L. Min, W. Fan.-- Ghrelin's role as a major regulator of appetitie and its other functions in neuroendocrinology / C.T. Lim, B. Kola, M. Korbonits, A.B. Grossman.-- Pathogenesis of pituitary tumors / R. Yu, S. Melmed.-- Molecular genetics of the AIP gene in familial pituitary tumorigenesis / A. Tahir, H.S. Chahal, M. Korbonits.-- Somatostatin and somatostatin receptors: from basic concepts to clinical applications / M.C. De Martino. J.J. Hofland, S.W.J. Lamberts.-- Somatostatin analogues: treatment of pituitary and neuroendocrine tumors / A. Colao, A. Faggiano, R. Pivonello.-- The MENX syndrome and p27: relationships with multiple endocrine neoplasia / S. Molatore, N.S. Pellegata.-- Hormonal therapy of prostate cancer / F. Labrie.-- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma / V. Kantorovich, K. Pacak.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part I], The Normal neuroendocrine system. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectch. 1.Cellular signalling : peptide hormones and growth factors /Barry I. Posner and Stephane A. Laporte --ch. 2.Neuroendocrine control of energy homeostasis : update on new insights /Satya P. Kalra and Pushpa S. Kalra --ch. 3.Reproductive behaviors : new developments in concepts and in molecular mechanisms /Zachary M. Weil, Gen Murakami and Donald W. Pfaff --ch. 4.Interactions betwen the immune and neuroendocrine systems /Serge Rivest --ch. 5.Physiological roles of the kisspeptin/GPR54 system in the neuroendocrine control of reproduction /Rafael Pineda, ... [et al.] --ch. 6.Regulation of complex pulsatile and rhythmic neuroendocrine systems : the male gonadal axis as a prototype /Johannes D. Veldhuis, Daniel M. Keenan and Steven M. Pincus --ch. 7.Physiological significance of the rhythmic section of hypothalamic and pituitary hormones /Earn-Hui Gan and Richard Quinton --ch. 8.Melatonin : a multitasking molecule /Russel J. Reiter, Dun-Xian Tan and Lorena Fuentes-Broto --ch. 9.Modulation of steroid hormone receptor activity /Vladimir Stanišić, David M. Lonard and Bert W. O'Malley --ch. 10.The intracrine sex steroid biosynthesis pathways /Van Luu-The and Fernand Labrie --ch. 11.Steroidogenic enzymes in the brain : morphological aspects /Georges Pelletier --ch. 12.The multiple roles of estrogens and the enzyme aromatase /Wah Chin Boon, Jenny D. Y. Chow and Evan R. Simpson --ch. 13.ER[beta] in CNS : new roles in development and function /Xiaotang Fan, ... [et al.] --ch. 14.Interactions of estradiol and insulin-like growth factor-I signalling in the nervous system : new advances /Luis M. Garcia-Segura, María-Angeles Arévalo and Iñigo Azcoitia --ch. 15.A hormonal contraceptive for men : how close are we? /Ilpo Huhtaniemi.
- Neuroplasticity, development, and steroid hormone action 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Neurosteroids and the nervous system 2013, SpringerWhile steroids from the periphery have profound effects on the nervous system, the nervous system also produces its own steroids de novo ("neurosteroids"). The physiological importance of neurosteroids is beginning to be understood. These steroids potentially have roles in sedative/hypnotic behavior, anxiety, learning, and memory. At the cellular level, neurosteroids affect neuronal excitability, synaptic plasticity and cell proliferation and survival. Early findings hold promise for future strategies to treat specific psychological conditions and neurological diseases. This Brief will focus on the current state of understanding of brainderived neurosteroids.
- New transcription factors and their role in diabetes and therapy 2006, ScienceDirectTranscription factor genes in type 2 diabetes / by M.N. Weedon, A.T. Hattersley & T.M. Frayling -- PPAR[gamma], a key therapeutic target in the metabolic syndrome-unique insights derived from the study of human genetic variants / by C.S. Mitchell & M. Gurnell -- PPAR[delta]: emerging therapeutic potential of novel agonists in lipid and glucose homeostasis / by U. Dressel & G.E.O. Muscat -- Liver X receptors as potential drug targets for diabetes and its disorders / by K.R. Steffenson -- SREBP-lc regulation of nutrient homeostasis and lipid accumulation / by P. Ferré ... [et al.] -- The adipocyte and adipose tissue as endocrine organs: impact on the insulin resistance phenotype / by R.R. Henry ... [et al.] -- FOXC2 in the adipocyte / by S. Enerbäck -- Regulation of adipocyte differentiation and metabolism by Wnt signaling and C/EBP transcription factors / by I. Gerin, H.D. Cha & O.A. MacDougald -- GATA proteins as molecular gatekeepers of adipogenesis / by J. Tsai, Q. Tong & G.S. Hotamisligil -- Forkhead proteins and the regulation of hepatic gene expression / by A. Barthel, S. Herzig & D. Schmoll -- Disruption of CREB regulated of gene expression in diabetes / by J.E.B. Reusch, P.A. Watson & S. Pugazhenthi -- Regulation of PGC-1 in humans with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes: functional implications / by J. Pihlajamäki & M.E. Patti -- Hepatic CCAAT/enhancer binding protein [beta] (C/EBP[beta]): engineer of diabetes, obesity, and inflammatory disease processes / by J.M. Schroeder-Gloeckler, S.M. Rahman & J.E. Friedman -- Insulin resistance, inflammation, and the IKK/I[kappa]B/NF-[kappa]B pathway by B.A. Bhatt & R.M. O'Doherty.
- Novel insights into adipose cell functions 2010, SpringerPathological Alteration of Human Adipose Tissue in Obesity / Karine Clément -- Dynamics of Human Adipose Tissue. Regulatory Mechanisms and Consequences for Fat Cells and the Whole Body / Peter Arner -- Metabolism of Fatty Acids in Adipocytes / A. L. Dinel, C. Kolditz and D. Langin -- The Role of Hypoxia in Adipocyte Function and Dysfunction / Paul Trayhurn, Fátima Pérez de Heredia, Bohan Wang and I. Stuart Wood -- Brown Adipose Tissue In Humans: A New Target for Anti-Obesity Therapy / Sven Enerbäck -- Adipose Tissue Dysfunction: A Multistep Process / Kai Sun and Philipp E. Scherer -- Fat Cell Progenitors: Origins and Plasticity / Christian Dani -- Transcriptional Regulation of Brown and White Adipogenesis / Bruce M. Spiegelman -- Transcriptional Control of Gene Expression in Different Adipose Tissue Depots / Stephen R. Farmer -- Epigenetic Approaches to Adipose Biology / Evan D. Rosen -- Metabolic and Angiogenic Consequences of the Presence or Absence of UCP1 / Barbara Cannon and Jan Nedergaard -- Metabolic Responses to Weight Perturbation / Rudolph L. Leibel and Michael Rosenbaum -- Understanding Causal Relationships in the Metabolic Syndrome: Recent Insights from Extreme Human Phenotypes / David B. Savage.
- Nuclear endocrinology 2012, Springer
- Nutrition and metabolism 2009, Springer
- Nutrition and type 2 diabetes 2014, CRCnetBASE"Focusing on the worldwide impact of type 2 diabetes regarding nutrition, dietary modification, risk, and management, this book draws on evidence-based research and provides numerous epidemiologic cohort studies, as well as carefully conducted clinical trials. Chapters correlate treatment modes and risk factors as well as the global impact of nutrition back to the basic premise held in the etiology of the disease. Topics include historical perspectives; macronutrients, micronutrients, food, dietary beverages, and dietary patterns; diet-gene interactions; and the role of age, ethnicity, and other demographics in modifying treatment for type 2 diabetes"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutritional strategies for the diabetic & prediabetic patient 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity and metabolism 2008., KargerMonogenic human obesity / Farooqi, I.S. -- Polygenic contribution to obesity : genome-wide strategies reveal new targets / Korner, A. ... [et al.] -- Genetic obesity syndromes / Goldstone, A.P., Beales, P.L. -- Fetal and neonatal pathways to obesity / Gluckman, P.D. ... [et al.] -- Developmental origins of obesity and the metabolic syndrome : the role of maternal obesity / Armitage, J.A., Poston, L., Taylor, P.D. --Childhood obesity / Sabin, M.A., Shield, J.P.H. -- Obesity in old age / McPhee Chapman, I. -- Models of obesity in large animals and birds / Clarke, I.J. -- The [beta]-cell in type 2 diabetes and in obesity / Rutter, G.A., Parton, L.E. -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in energy balance regulation and obesity / Cota, D. -- 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity / Morton, N.M., Seckl, J.R. --Gut and hormones and obesity / Wren, A.M. -- Adipokines in obesity / Ahima, R.S., Osei, S.Y. -- The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in obesity / Kola, B., Grossman, A.B., Korbonits, M. -- Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity / Weaver, J.U. -- Emerging concepts in the medical and surgical treatment of obesity / Aylwin, S., Al-Zaman, Y. -- The sociology of obesity / Rosengren, A., Lissner, L. -- Obesity in art--a brief overview / Woodhouse, R.
- Obesity, inflammation, and cancer 2013, SpringerIn addition to their metabolic and endocrinologic effects, obesity and adipose tissue have now been shown to be associated with chronic low grade inflammation resulting in cellular and humoral factors of which the latter may act by endocrine, paracrine and autocrine mechanisms. These inflammatory mediators have increasingly been suggested as contributing to the obesity link to carcinogenesis and cancer promotion. Obesity, Inflammation and Cancer focuses on recent developments and cutting edge research pointing to inflammation and inflammatory factors as key mediators of this linkage. It also describes possible strategies for targeting inflammation as an approach to cancer prevention and control. Students, researchers and clinicians, especially those interested in the relation of obesity to cancer and the role of inflammation and its impact on cancer, will find this volume particularly useful. It provides important insight on the role of inflammation in cancer etiology and progression and serve as a platform for developing future research in this area.
- Office andrology 2005, SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek --Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- The second edition of this highly successful book updates the reader on progress and developments in the field of ovulation induction and controlled ovarian stimulation. Furthermore, it provides the busy clinician with a reliable overview of the principles involved and the management needed. As with the previous edition, the emphasis throughout this book is on logical evidence and evidence-based solutions, supplemented with Professor Roy Homburgs extensive clinical experience gleaned from more than forty years working in the field. A number of highly useful algorithms and explanatory tables reinforce this approach, ensuring that the reader is presented with easy-to-grasp, well-presented information that maximizes clarity and understanding. Ovulation Induction and Controlled Ovarian Stimulation: A Practical Guide offers a concise, no-nonsense, practical guide to ovulation induction and controlled ovarian stimulation and will be an essential resource for general gynaecologists, fertility specialists and trainees, health workers and students.
- Painful diabetic neuropathy in clinical practice 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Diabetic Neuropathies -- Classification and Clinical Features -- Diagnosis and Staging -- Management of Neuropathic Pain.
- Pancreatic beta cell in health and disease 2008, Springer
- Pancreatic stem cells 2009, Springer
- Pancreatology 2009, Springer
- Parathyroid glands 2013, Springer
- Parathyroids. 2nd ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Pediatric adrenal diseases 2011, KargerRole of mitochondria in steroidogenesis / Miller, W.L. -- The physiology and biochemistry of adrenarche / Auchus, R.J. -- Update on the corticomedullary interaction in the adrenal gland / Haase, M., Willenberg, H.S., Bornstein, S.R. -- Role of DAX-1 (NR0B1) and steroidogenic factor-1 (NR5A1) in human adrenal function / El-Khairi, R. ... [et al.] -- Functional and physiological consequences of STAR deficiency : role in lipoid congenital adrenal hyperplasia / King, S.R., Bhangoo, A., Stocco, D.M. -- P450 side-chain cleavage deficiency : a rare cause of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Hauffa, B., Hiort, O. -- Clinical and biochemical consequences of P450 oxidoreductase deficiency / Flück, C.E., Pandey, A.V. -- Molecular genetics of 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Wedell, A -- Brain development and cognitive, psychosocial, and psychiatric functioning in classical 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Meyer-Bahlburg, H.F.L. -- Long-term outcome of prenatal dexamethasone treatment of 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Lajic, S., Nordenstrom, A., Hirvikoski, T. -- Role of genetic variation in regulation of aldosterone biosynthesis / Alvarez-Madrazo, S., Connell, J.M., Freel, E.M. -- Circadian clock-mediated regulation of target-tissue sensitivity to glucocorticoids : implications for cardiometabolic diseases / Kino, T., Chrousos, G.P. -- Glucocorticoid resistance / van Rossum, E.F.C., van den Akker, E.L.T. -- Mineralocorticoid receptor gene variants as determinants of HPA axis regulation and behavior / DeRijk, R.H. ... [et al.] -- Adrenoleukodystrophy / Cappa, M. ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune addison's disease / Betterle, C., Morlin, L. -- Optimal glucocorticoid therapy / Debono, M., Ross, R.J. -- Modulation of glucocorticoid metabolism by the GH-IGF-I axis / Neggers, S.J.C.M.M., van der Lely, A.J. -- Effects of glucocorticoids on the growth plate / Lui, J.C., Baron, J. -- Growth hormone treatment in children on chronic glucorticoid therapy / Savage, M.O., Simon, D., Czernichow, P.C. -- Ancient history of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / New, M.I.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology 2004, Karger
- The extended contents of this second edition reflect the growing spectrum of topics in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. Like its predecessor, this book addresses the most common gynecological problems encountered in childhood medicine, including endocrinological and surgical aspects. New chapters place particular emphasis on an update of technological aspects such as ultrasound, molecular genetics, surgery in sex disorders and new problems encountered in reproductive medicine. The book opens with a comprehensive description of the background of infant and adolescent gynecology and diagnostic tools. Several chapters are devoted to the various pathologies encountered in prepubertal and adolescent girls. Contemporary social issues such as sexual abuse, sexually transmitted diseases, contraception for teenagers and teenage pregnancy are also discussed in detail. Presenting a clear plan for clinical management and treatment of frequently encountered problems in prepubertal and adolescent girls, this book should be read by pediatricians, endocrinologists, gynecologists and family practitioners.
- A state-of-the-art and concise guide to the clinical management of pediatric endocrine disorders, the second edition of the highly regarded Pediatric Endocrinology: A Practical Clinical Guide covers the most common and challenging conditions seen by practicing endocrinologists and primary care physicians, including growth, hypothalamic, pituitary, adrenal, thyroid, calcium and bone, and reproductive disorders, as well as metabolic syndromes. This expanded second edition includes new topics being seen more commonly in pediatric endocrinology practices related to obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus and lipid disorders. Each chapter contains an introductory discussion of the problem, a review of the clinical features that characterize it, the criteria needed to establish a diagnosis, and a comprehensive therapy section delineating the risks and benefits of the best therapeutic options available. Invaluable tables summarize the critical factors in etiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and therapeutic dosages. Pediatric Endocrinology: A Practical Clinical Guide, Second Edition, is a comprehensive resource for all clinicians concerned with the myriad endocrinologic disorders seen in children and adolescents.
- Pediatric genetics and inborn errors of metabolism 2014, SpringerOften, information in review books can raise as many questions as it answers. This interferes with the study process, because the learner must either look up additional information or skip ahead without truly comprehending what he or she has read. As an alternative, Pediatric Genetics and Inborn Errors of Metabolism: A Practically Painless Review presents bite-size chunks of information that can be read and processed rapidly, helping learners to stay active while studying and to pick up new information the first time they read it. This book's question and answer format allows for self-testing or study with a partner or a group. The format also facilitates dipping into the book during a few minutes of downtime at the hospital or office. Pediatric Genetics and Inborn Errors of Metabolism: A Practically Painless Review is a quick and easy way to master these tricky topics and is suitable for those studying for the pediatric board exam, practicing physicians brushing up their skills, and any busy clinician who wants to learn more about these topics while on the go.
- Pediatric neuroendocrinology 2010, KargerThe transcriptome and the hypothalamo-neurohypophyseal system / C. Colin, T. Hindmarch, D. Murphy -- Role of sleep and sleep loss in hormonal release and metabolism / R. Leproult, E. Van Cauter -- Sexual hormones and the brain : an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation / A. Garcia-Falgueras, D.F. Swaab -- Corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor antagonists : an update / E. Zoumakis, G.P. Chrousos -- New concepts on the control of the onset of puberty / S.R. Ojeda ... [et al.] -- Roles of kisspeptins in the control of hypothalamic-gonadotropic function : focus on sexual differentiation and puberty onset / M. Tena-Sempere -- Role of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor 1 axis in neurogenesis / N.D. Åberg -- Sex steroids, growth hormone, leptin, and the pubertal growth spurt / A.D. Rogol -- Endocrine and metabolic actions of ghrelin / V. Gasco ... [et al.] -- Pitfalls in the diagnosis of central adrenal insufficiency in children / R. Kazlauskaite, M. Maghnie -- Central nervous system-acting drugs influencing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function / V. Locatelli ... [et al.] -- Genetic factors in the development of pituitary adenomas / S. Vandeva ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis and treatment of Cushing's disease in children / M.O. Savage ... [et al.] -- Prolactinomas in children and adolescents / A. Colao, S. Loche --Pituitary tumors : advances in neuroimaging / G. Morana, M. Maghnie, A. Rossi --Resistin : regulation of food intake, glucose homeostasis, and lipid metabolism / R. Nogueiras ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamic obesity / I. Hochberg, Z. Hochberg --Neuroendocrine consequences of anorexia nervosa in adolescents / M. Misra, A. Klibanski.
- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes 2007, SpringerPharmacoepidemiology of diabetes -- New definitions of diabetes: consequences -- The insulin resistance syndrome: concept and therapeutic approaches -- Medical emergencies-diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar hyperglycaemia -- Notes on the use of glucagon in type 1 diabetes -- Insulin and new insulin analogues, insulin pumps and inhaled insulin in type 1 diabetes -- Insulin and new insulin analogues with focus on type 2 diabetes -- The place of insulin secretagogues in the treatment of type 2 diabetes in the twenty-first century -- Metformin-from devil to angel -- The glitazones, lessons so far -- Antidiabetic combination therapy -- The incretin modulators-incretin mimetics (GLP-1 receptor agonists) and incretin enhancers (DPP-4 inhibitors) -- The role of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors (acarbose) -- Multifactorial intervention in type 2 diabetes -- Obesity and pharmacological treatment -- Management of diabetic dyslipidaemia -- Coronary intervention and ischemic cardioprotection in diabetic patients -- ACE-I and ARB and blood pressure lowering, including effect on renal disease. Treatment of advanced diabetic renal disease -- Aspirin and antiplatelet drugs in the prevention of cardiovascular complications of diabetes -- Glycosylation inhibitors, PKC inhibitors and related interventions against complications -- Diabetic foot ulcers -- Pharmacotherapy in diabetic neuropathy -- Pregnancy-pharmacological problems - Pharmacotherapy of diabetic retinopathy -- Pharmacotherapy in diabetic sexual dysfunction -- A bone perspective -- Achieving guideline control with new pharmacotherapies; albumin-binding by acylation of insulin and GLP-1 -- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes.
- Pheochromocytoma 2004., KargerPrinciples of catecholamine biosynthesis, metabolism and release /Schulz, C., Eisenhofer, G.; Lehnert, H. (Magdeburg) --Photogenesis of pheochromocytoma /Isobe, K. ... [et al.] --Genetic basis of pheochromocytoma /Gimm, O.; Koch, C.A. ... [et al.] --Clinical presentation (symptoms and signs) of sporadic and familial chromaffin cell tumours (phaeochromocytomas and paragangliomas) /Kaltsas, G.A.; Papadogias, D.; Grossman, A.B. (London) --Biochemical diagnosis of pheochromocytoma /Eisenhofer, G. (Bethesda, Md.); Lenders, J.W.M. (Nijmegen); Pacak, K. (Bethesda, Md.) --Diagnostic imaging of pheochromocytoma /Pacak, K.; Eisenhofer, G.; Ilias, I. (Bethesda, Md.) --Preoperative and surgical therapy in sporadic and familial pheochromocytoma /Brauckhoff, M; Gimm, O.; Dralle, H. (Halle) --Somatosatin receptors in pheochromocytoma /de Herder, W.W.; Hofland L.J. (Rotterdam) --Malignant pheochromocytoma /Lehnert, H.; Mundshenk, J. (Magdeburg); Hahn, K. (Munich).
- Pineal region tumors 2009, KargerStatistical analysis of pineal tumors based on the data of brain tumor registry of Japan / Shibui, S., Nomura, K. -- Pathology of pineal parenchymal tumors / Sato, K., Kubota, T. -- Occipital transtentorial approach and combined treatments for pineal parenchymal tumors / Tsumanuma, I., Tanaka, R., Fujii, Y. -- Role of stereotactic radiosurgery in the management of pineal parenchymal tumors -- Kano, H. ... [et al.] -- Pathology of intracranial germ cell tumors / Sato, K., Takeuchi, H., Kubota, T. -- Pineal germ cell tumors / Matsutani, M. -- Strategy of combined treatment of germ cell tumors / Sawamura, Y. -- Radiation therapy for intracranial germ cell tumors / Aoyama, H. -- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pineal and related tumors / Mori, Y. ... [et al.] -- Management of central nervous system germinoma : proposal for a modern strategy / Shibamoto, Y. -- Quality of life of extremely long-time germinoma survivors mainly treated with radiotherapy / Sugiyama, K. ... [et al.].
- Pituitary disorders 2013, WileySection 1: overview. The endocrine system / Sylvia L Asa, Shereen Ezzat ; Signs and symptoms of pituitary disease / Eva Fernandez-Rodriguez, Ignacio Bernabeu, Felipe F Casanueva, Eva N Kassi, Gregory A Kaltsas, George P Chrousos, Valerie Golden -- Section 2: disorders. Acromegaly / Shereen Ezzat ; Secondary adrenal insufficiency / Tobias Else, Richard J Auchus ; Adult growth hormone deficiency / T Brooks Vaughan, Kristen Owen Riley, Lewis S Blevins ; Pituitary carcinoma / Sylvia L Asa ; Craniopharyngioma / Jessica K Devin ; Cushing's syndrome / Lewis S Blevins ; Empty sella syndrome / Michael C Oh, Manish K Aghi ; Familial pituitary adenomas / Laura C Hernández-Ramírez, Márta Korbonits ; Follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone secreting tumors / Bahram Khazai, Ronald S Swerdloff, Christina Wang ; Hypopituitarism / Klara J Rosenquist, Ursula B Kaiser ; Clinically nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas / Brandon A Miller, Adriana G Ioachimescu, Nelson M Oyesiku ; Prolactinoma / Luis G Sobrinho ; Rathke's cleft cysts / Seunggu J Han, Arman Jahangiri, Manish K Aghi ; Thyroid hormone deficiency / Whitney W Woodmansee ; Thyroid stimulating hormone secreting tumor / Andrea Lania, Luca Persani, Paolo Beck-Peccoz ; Pituitary disorders - specific issues for women / Maria Fleseriu, Christine G Yedinak, Jessica Brzana, Shirley McCartney ; Hypogonadism and male sexual function / Prasanth N Surampudi, Christina Wang, Ronald S Swerdloff ; Pituitary disorders specific to children / Kathryn Pade, Mitchell E Geffner -- Section 3: diagnosing pituitary disorders. Physical examination / Laurence Katznelson ; Pituitary endocrine function testing / Shereen Ezzat -- Section 4: treatment of pituitary disorders. Medical management of pituitary adenomas / Paolo Cappabianca, Daniel M Prevedello, Michelangelo de Angelis, Andressa Bornschein, Leo F S Ditzel Filho, Domenico Solari, Ricardo L Carrau, Felice Esposito, Danielle de Lara, Luigi M Cavallo, Annamaria Colao ; Surgical management of pituitary disorders / Gautam U Mehta, John A Jane, Ian F Dunn, Tong Yang, Theodore H Schwartz, Huy T Duong, Daniel F Kelly ; Stereotactic radiosurgery for pituitary adenomas / Brian J Williams, Stephen J Monteith, Jason P Sheehan ; Hormone replacement therapy / Joseph A M J L Janssen, Aart Jan van der Lely, Alan D Rogol, Adriana G Ioachimescu -- Section 5: complications that accompany pituitary disease. Complications of pituitary disease / Ludovica F S Grasso, Alessia Cozzolino, Annamaria Colao, Krystallenia I Alexandraki, Gregory A Kaltsas, George P Chrousos, Marco Faustini-Fustini, Giorgio Frank, Paul B Rizzoli, Andrea L Utz, Sashank Prasad -- Section 6: general psychological and psychosocial effects. General psychological and psychosocial effects of pituitary disorders / Valerie Golden -- Section 7: long term: what you and your patients can expect. Living with pituitary disease / Jessica K Devin -- Section 8: research and clinical trials. Research and clinical trials / Brittany P Sumerel, Anthony P Heaney -- Section 9: resources. Fundamentals of pituitary pathology / Sylvia L Asa -- Glossary -- Index.
- Pituitary surgery 2006., KargerRole of transcranial approaches in the treatment of sellar and suprasellar lesions / Maartens, N.F.; Kaye, A.H -- Extended transsphenoidal approach / Dumont, A.S. ... [et al.] -- Image guidance in pituitary surgery / Asthagiri, A.R.; Laws, E.R. Jr.; Jane, J.A. Jr. -- Endoscopic endonasal cavernous sinus surgery, with special reference to pituitary adenomas / Frank, G.; Pasquini, E. -- Diagnosis and management of pediatric sellar lesions / Jagannathan, J.; Dumont, A.S.; Jane, J.A. Jr. -- The craniopharyngioma / Oskouian, R.J.; Samii, A.; Laws, E.R. Jr. -- Rathke's cleft cysts / Kanter, A.S. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of Cushing's disease : a retrospective clinical study of the latest 100 cases / Hofmann, B.M.; Fahlbusch, R. -- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pituitary adenomas : a review of the literature and our experience / Sheehan, J.P. ... [et al.] -- Neuropathological considerations of pituitary adenomas / Asthagiri, A.; Lopes, M.B.S. -- Anesthetic and critical care management of patients undergoing pituitary surgery / Burton, C.M.; Nemergut, E.C. -- Vascular injury and transsphenoidal surgery / Oskouian, R.J.; Kelly, D.F.; Laws, E.R. Jr.
- Pituitary today 2006., KargerImplication of pituitary tropic status on tumor development / I. Donangelo, S. Melmed -- Anterior pituitary cell renewal during the estrous cycle / M. Candolfi ... [et al.] -- Bone morphogenetic protein-4 control of pituitary pathophysiology / D. Giacomini ... [et al.] -- Genesis of prolactinomas: studies using estrogen-treated animals / D.K. Sarkar -- Dopaminergic D2 receptor knockout mouse: an animal model of prolactinoma / C. Cristina ... [et al.] -- Vasoinhibins: a family of n-terminal prolactin fragments that inhibit angiogenesis and vascular function / C. Clapp ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of pituitary differentiation and regulation: implications for hormone deficiencies and hormone resistance syndromes / J. Drouin -- Long-term follow-up of prolactinomas: should dopamine agonist treatment be life-long? / M. Guitelman -- Ghrelin: from somatotrope secretion to new perspectives in the regulation of peripheral metabolic functions / F. Broglio ... [et al.] -- Regulating of growth hormone sensitivity by sex steroids: implications for therapy / K.K.Y. Ho ... [et al.] -- Acromegaly: molecular expression of somatostatin receptor subtypes and treatment outcome / M.D. Bronstein -- Gene therapy in the neuroendocrine system / C.B. Hereñú ... [et al.] -- Ectopic ACTH syndrome / A.M. Isidori, G.A. Kaltsas, A.B. Grossman -- Estrogens and neuroendocrine hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function / A.F. De Nicola ... [et al.] -- New aspects in the diagnosis and treatment of Cushing disease / M. Labeur ... [et al.].
- Pituitary today II 2010, KargerUpdate on basic and clinical research on pituitary function and disease.
- Pituitary. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pituitary Development / Jacques Drouin -- Chapter 2. Hypothalamic Regulation of Anterior Pituitary Function / Anat Ben-Shlomo, Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 3. Adrenocorticotropin / Oulu Wang, Joseph A. Majzoub -- Chapter 4. Growth Hormone / Vivien S. Herman-Bonert, Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 5. Prolactin / Mary P. Gillam, Mark E. Molitch -- Chapter 6. Thyroid-stimulating Hormone / Virginia D. Sarapura, David F. Gordon, Mary H. Samuels -- Chapter 7. Gonadotropin Hormones / Ursula B. Kaiser -- Chapter 8. The Posterior Pituitary / Daniel G. Bichet -- Chapter 9. The Hypothalamus / Glenn D. Braunstein -- Chapter 10. Anterior Pituitary Failure / John D. Carmichael -- Chapter 11. Pituitary Function in Systemic Disorders / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 12. The Pituitary Gland in Pregnancy and the Puerperium / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 13. Drugs and Pituitary Function / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 14. Acromegaly / Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 15. Prolactinoma / Mary P. Gillam, Mark E. Molitch -- Chapter 16. Cushing's disease / Xavier Bertagna, Laurence Guignat, Marie-Charles Raux-Demay, Brigitte Guilhaume, François Girard -- Chapter 17. Thyrotropin-Secreting Pituitary Tumors / Vanessa Rouach, Yona Greenman -- Chapter 18. Gonadotroph Adenomas / Peter J. Snyder -- Chapter 19. Nonpituitary Tumors of the Sellar Region / Olga Moshkin, Steffen Albrecht, Juan M. Bilbao, Kalman Kovacs -- Chapter 20. Pituitary Imaging / Marcel M. Maya, Barry D. Pressman -- Chapter 21. Pituitary Surgery / Rudolf Fahlbusch, Michael Buchfelder.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome-- current and emerging concepts 2014, SpringerPresenting an overview of the current understanding of the pathophysiology of PCOS and a paradigm for the clinical evaluation and management of the disorder, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is written in an easy to digest, concise format that, with bulleted key points introducing each chapter, is suitable for the trainee and the busy clinician. The breadth and depth of coverage of today's queries and controversies will be of particular interest to the specialist and researcher. An international group of leading experts addresses the varied etiologies of PCOS, comprehensively covering the contemporary treatment approaches and long-term implications of PCOS, a common yet poorly understood disorder. Chapters on treatment will be of particular relevance to the clinician and the trainee as they cover conventional therapies, lifestyle, and diet, as well as address emerging strategies such as the use of statins and surgery in PCOS management. Spanning the breadth of clinical presentations and morbidities related to the diagnosis of PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is an exceptional resource for primary care providers, gynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, and others involved in the care of these patients, and provides the essential tools to aid clinicians in initiating a timely diagnostic workup and appropriate interventions to address both the immediate and long-term sequelae related to PCOS.
- Practical management of thyroid cancer 2006, SpringerAn overview of the management of thyroid cancer -- The UK evidence-based guidelines for the management of thyroid cancer: key recommendations -- Thyroid cancer multidisciplinary team and the organisational paradigm -- Thyroid cancer form the perspective of a patient -- The role of the specialist nurse -- The role of the clinical psychologist -- Thyroid nodules -- Thyroid cancer and the general practitioner -- The role of pathologist -- Thyroid cancer and the endocrinologist -- The specialist endocrine surgeon -- Initial thyroid surery for patient with differentiated thyroid carcinoma -- Management of cervical lymph nodes in differentiated thyroid cancer -- Complications of thyroid surgery -- Non-surgical management of thyroid cancer -- Fertility following treatment with iodine-131 for thyroid cancer -- Recombinant human TSH (rhTSH): use in papillary and follicular thyroid cancer -- Thyroglobulin -- Follow-up of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma --- Management of differentiated thyroid carcinoma patients with negative whole-body radioiodine scans and elevated serum thyroglobulin levels -- Medullary thyroid cancer: diagnosis and management -- Nonmedullary thyroid cancer and the role of the geneticist -- Thyroid cancer in childhood -- Radiation-induced thyroid cancer: lessons from Chernobyl -- The use of stable potassium iodide (KI) in the event of a nuclear emergency -- Ultrasound of the thyroid -- Diagnostic nuclear medicine investigations in the management of thyroid cancer -- CT and MRI in thyroid cancer -- Papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroid -- Rare thyroid cancers -- Management of anaplastic thyroid cancer -- Specialist palliative care for anaplastic thyroid carcinoma -- Emerging therapies for thyroid cancer -- Clinical trials for thyroid carcinoma: past, present, and future.
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes 2012, SpringerPrevention of Type 2 Diabetes; from Science to Therapies /Emily Jane Gallagher and Derek LeRoith --Pathophysiology: Loss of [beta]-Cell Function /Ele Ferrannini and Andrea Mari --Pathophysiology of Insulin Resistance: Implications for Prevention /Shamsa Ali and Vivian A. Fonseca --Epidemiology Including Youth Through Adulthood and Socioeconomic Impact /Helen Looker --Prediabetes Genes in Pima and Amish /Leslie J. Baier --Predicting Diabetes /Rachel Dankner and Jesse Roth --Screening for Prediabetes and Diabetes /Amir Tirosh --Neuropathy in Prediabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome /Aaron I. Vinik and Marie-Laure Nevoret --Interventional Trials to Prevent Diabetes: Diabetes Prevention Program /Vanita R. Aroda and Robert E. Ratner --Decreasing Postprandial Plasma Glucose Using an [alpha]-Glucosidase Inhibitor in Subjects with IGT for the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The STOP-NIDDM Trial /Jean-Louis Chiasson, Markku Laakso and Markolf Hanefeld --Da Qing, Finnish DPP, Tripod, and Dream: Lifestyle and Thiazolidinediones in the Prevention of Diabetes /Mariela Glandt and Zachary Bloomgarden --Community Approaches to Diabetes Prevention /Ann Albright and David Williamson --Think Locally, Act Locally, Extend Globally: Diabetes Prevention Through Partnerships with Local Communities /Carol R. Horowitz and Brett Ives --Global Challenge in Diabetes Prevention from Practice to Public Health /Peter E. H. Schwarz.
- Principles of diabetes mellitus. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. The Main Events in the History of Diabetes Mellitus / Jacek Zajac, Anil Shrestha, Parini Patel and Leonid Poretsky -- Part 2. Physiology of glucose metabolism -- Normal Glucose Homeostasis / Muhammad Z. Shrayyef and John E. Gerich -- Endocrine Pancreas / Barry J. Brass, Zinoviy Abelev, Emilia Pauline Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- The Role of Incretins in Insulin Secretion / Brock E. Schroeder and Orville Kolterman -- Cellular Mechanisms of Insulin Action / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- The Role of Brain in Glucose Metabolism / Silvana Obici and Paulo José Forcina Martins -- Part 3. Diagnosis and epidemiology of diabetes -- Diagnostic Criteria and Classification of Diabetes / James P. Leu and Joel Zonszein -- Epidemiology / Shadi Chamany and Bahman P. Tabaei -- Diabetes in Culturally Diverse Populations: From Biology to Culture / A. Enrique Caballero -- Part 4. Genes and diabetes -- Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes: From Candidate Genes to Genome-Wide Association Analysis / Kevin Brown and Alan R. Shuldiner -- Rodent Models of Diabetes / Ronald J. Christopher, Koji Takeuchi and Bumsup Lee -- Part 5. Diabetes Syndromes -- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Epidemiology, Genetics, Pathogenesis, and Clinical Manifestations / Omar Ali -- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Epidemiology, Genetics, Pathogenesis, and Clinical Manifestations / Vivian Fonseca and Jennifer John-Kalarickal -- Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young: Molecular Genetics, Clinical Manifestations, and Therapy / Markus Stoffel -- Diabetes in Pregnancy / Adina E. Schneider, Elliot J. Rayfield, Agustin Busta and Yuriy Gurevich -- Secondary Causes of Diabetes Mellitus / Yana B. Garger, Prajesh M. Joshi, Ashutosh S. Pareek, Carla M. Romero and Amit K. Seth, et al. -- Syndromes of Extreme Insulin Resistance / George Grunberger and Bianca Alfonso -- Part 6. Complications of diabetes -- Acute Hyperglycemic Syndromes: Diabetic Ketoacidosis and the Hyperosmolar State / Yun Feng and Adrienne M. Fleckman -- Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Mellitus / Mazen Alsahli and John E. Gerich -- Intake of Advanced Glycation Endproducts: Role in the Development of Diabetic Complications / Helen Vlassara and Gary E. Striker -- Diabetic Retinopathy / Ketan Laud and Uri Shabto -- Diabetic Nephropathy / James F. Winchester, Donald A. Feinfeld, Nikolas B. Harbord and Alan Dubrow -- Diabetic Neuropathy / Russell L. Chin and Michael Rubin -- Peripheral Vascular Disease in Diabetes / Jennifer K. Svahn, Jeffrey S. Kirk, Omar H. Llaguna and Nancy Habib -- The Diabetic Foot / Dennis Shavelson, John S. Steinberg and Bradley W. Bakotic -- Male Sexual Dysfunction in Diabetes Mellitus / Barry M. Mason, Albert C. Leung, Michael E. DiSanto and Arnold Melman -- Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Diabetes / Donald P. Kotler and Stanley Hsu -- Dyslipidemia: Pathogenesis and Management / Om P. Ganda -- Dermatological Complications of Diabetes Mellitus; Allergy to Insulin and Oral Agents / George I. Varghese, Ellen S. Marmur and Mathew C. Varghese --Part 7. Related disorders -- Obesity - Genetics, Pathogenesis, Therapy / William C. Hsu, Kalliopi M. Arampatzi and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Hypertension / Samy I. McFarlane, Ho Won Lee, Sara Choudhry and Nathaniel Winer -- Coronary Artery Disease and Cardiomyopathy / Richard B. Devereux -- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome / Susan B. Zweig, Marsha C. Tolentino, Marina Strizhevsky and Leonid Poretsky -- Insulin Resistance and the Metabolic Syndrome / Mary Ann Banerji and Rochelle L. Chaiken -- Diabetes and Liver Disease / Douglas F. Meyer and Henry C. Bodenheimer -- The Increased Risk of Cancer in Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes: Potential Mechanisms / Emily Jane Gallagher, Ruslan Novosyadlyy, Shoshana Yakar and Derek LeRoith -- Diabetes and Sleep Disorders / Abhijith Hegde and Steve H. Salzman -- HIV Infection and Diabetes / Madhu N. Rao, Kathleen Mulligan and Morris Schambelan -- Part 8. Therapy of diabetes mellitus-general principles -- Glycemic Goals / David J. Brillon -- Behavioral and Educational Approaches to Diabetes Self-Management / Maria A. Mendoza, Monique Welbeck and Grishma Parikh -- Dietary Therapy of Diabetes Mellitus / Gladys Witt Strain, Rosalia Doyle and Faith Ebel -- Exercise in the Therapy of Diabetes Mellitus / Sefton Vergano, Rajiv Bhambri and Stephen H. Schneider -- Therapy of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus / Pejman Cohan and Anne L. Peters -- Treating Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Susan Herzlinger and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Prevention of Microvascular Complications of Diabetes - General Overview / Vincent Yen -- Psychiatric Care of the Patient with Diabetes / Jennifer L. Kraker and Stephen J. Ferrando -- Management of Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in the Hospital Setting / Samantha DeMauro-Jablonski and Silvio E. Inzucchi -- The Future of Diabetes Therapy / Graham T. McMahon -- Part 9. Diabetes prevention -- Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus / Paolo Pozzilli and Chiara Guglielmi -- Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Edward S. Horton -- Part 10. Resources for Patients with Diabetes / Marina Krymskaya.
- Principles of hormone/behavior relations 2004, ScienceDirect
- Progestins and the mammary gland 2008, Springer
- Prostate cancer 2008, SpringerHistopathology and molecular biology of prostate atrophy: a lesion associated with inflammation, prostate intraepithelial neoplasia, and prostate cancer -- Epigenetic gene silencing in prostate cancer -- Inherited genetic changes in prostate cancer -- Prostate molecular oncogenesis: gene deletions and somatic mutations -- Somatic genetic changes in prostate cancer: androgen receptor alterations -- Androgen receptor in prostate cancer progression -- Epigenetic modification and aceylation of androgen receptor regulate prostate cellular growth -- Estrogen receptor a [alpha] and b [beta] in the regulation of normal and malignant prostate epithelium -- Estrogen action in normal prostate epithelium and in prostate cancer -- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 in the angiogenesis of prostate cancer -- Signal transduction by the Ras-MAP kinase pathway in prostate cancer progression -- Transcription factors STAT5 and STAT3: survival factors for prostate cancer cells -- Role of P13K-Akt and PTEN in the growth and progression of prostate cancer -- New perspectives in prediction of clinical outcome of prostate cancer; TMPRSS2-ETS gene fusion in prostate cancer -- New directions in radiation therapy of prostate cancer: brachytherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy -- The current knowledge of hormonal therapy in the treatment of prostate cancer -- Advances in surgical intervention of porstate cancer: comparison of the benefits and pitfalls of retropubic, perineal, and laparoscopic radical prostatectormy -- Targeted therapy trials for prostate cancer -- New perspectives on chemotherapy in prostate cancer -- Concluding remarks: the future of prostate cancer.
- Regulation of Sertoli cell and germ cell differentiation 2005, Springer
- Overview of the pancreas -- Physiology of the pancreas -- Common pancreatic disease -- Circulating RAS -- Local RAS -- Pancreatic RAS -- Basic techniques for pancreatic research -- Current research of the RAS in diabetes mellitus -- Current research concerning the RAS in pancreatic stem cells -- Current research of the RAS in pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
- Reproductive endocrinology 2009, SpringerBasis for molecular reproductive biology -- Introduction to the molecular organization of the endocrine/reproductive system -- Extracellular signaling receptors -- Molecules that transmit information into the cell: the intracellular signaling pathways -- Introduction to molecular biology: structure and function of the macromolecules of genetic information -- Regulation of gene expression -- Molecular basis of abnormal phenotype -- Tools of molecular reproductive biology -- Recombinant DNA technology -- Techniques for DNA analysis -- Analyzing gene expression -- DNA microarray analysis -- Computer assisted analysis of genes -- Introduction to gene therapy -- Molecular regulation of reproductive hormones -- GnRH-GnRH-receptor system in the mammalian female reproductive tract -- FSH: one hormone with multiple forms, or a family of multiple hormones -- FSH receptor: one receptor with multiple forms or a family of receptors -- Regulation of the early steps in gonadal steroidogenesis -- Prostaglandins and their mechanisms of action in the cyclic ovary -- Androgens: molecular basis and related disorders -- Leptin as a reproductive hormone -- Neurosteroids and sexual behavior and reproduction -- Molecular regulation of the reproductive organs and tissues -- Autocrine and paracrine regulation of the ovary -- Ovarian endocrine activity: role of follistatin, activin, and inhibin -- Hormonal and molecular regualtion of the cytochrome P450 aromatase gene expression in the ovary -- Epigenetic mechanisms of ovarian gene regulation -- Ovarian function and failure: the role of the oocyte and its molecules -- Molecular control of corpus luteum function -- Molecular landscape of spermatogonial stem cell renewal, meiotic sex chromosome inactivation, and spermatic head shaping.
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility 2010, SpringerCharacteristics of a successful R.E.I. clinic and laboratory -- Assisted reproductive technology practice management -- Collaboration within the reproductive endocrinology and infertility practice: integration of laboratory and clinic operations -- Informed consent in advanced reproductive technology -- Reproductive laboratory regulations, certifications and reporting systems -- Successfully integrating the FDA regulations into your practice -- Psychosocial consequences of infertility and treatment -- A live baby or your money back: the marketing of in vitro fertilization procedures -- Ovulation: a molecular view -- Clinical evaluation of female factor infertility -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- The current status for Metformin use in reproductive medicine -- Clinical aspects of endometriosis -- Common endocrinopathies in reproductive endocrinology -- Acquired uterine factors and infertility -- Mullerian (paramesonephric) anomalies and associated Wolffian (mesonephric) duct malformations -- Recurrent miscarriage -- Laparoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of female infertility -- Turner syndrome -- Errors in chromosome segregation during oogenesis and early embryogenesis -- An overview of sperm production -- Meiotic recombination and errors during spermatogenesis -- Clinical evaluation and treatment of male factor infertility -- Semen analysis: essentials for the clinician -- Sperm capacitation, the acrosome reaction, and fertilization -- Advanced tests of sperm function -- Genetic testing of male infertilityVaricocele and male infertility -- Sperm retrieval techniques -- The clinical utility of the evaluation of sperm chromatin -- Artificial insemination: intrauterine insemination -- Sperm preparation for artificial insemination -- Sperm banking, donation, and transport in the age of assisted reproduction: federal and state regulation -- Reproductive treatment of HIV-1 discordant couples -- Ovulation induction -- Transvaginal sonography in reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- Establishing the IVF laboratory: a systems view -- Preparation and selection of sperm for IVF and ICSI -- The genetic and epigenetic contributions of sperm to early embryogenesis -- Micromanipulation of human oocytes and embryos: applications of intracytoplasmic sperm injection and assisted hatching in infertility treatment -- Embryo culture techniques -- In-vitro maturation of human oocytes -- Integrating preimplantation genetic diagnosis into the ART laboratory -- Evaluation and selection of preimplantation embryos for transfer -- Embryo transfer in IVF: evidence-based clinical practice -- Cryopreservation of human oocytes and embryos -- Preserving fertility -- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome -- Pregnancy outcomes in infertile couples -- The impact of complementary medicine on in-vitro fertilization -- Designing a clinical research infrastructure -- Integrating research into a clinical practice -- Research regulations: the role of the Institutional Review Board -- Technology transfer and its role in the practice of reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- The environment and reproduction: endocrine disruption, reproductive impairment, and epigenetics.
- Sertoli cell biology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Sleep disorders in women. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerIn Sleep Disorders in Women: A Guide to Practical Management, 2nd Edition, a multidisciplinary panel of eminent researchers and practicing clinicians comprehensively updates the multifaceted aspects of sleep disorders in women at different stages of life, illuminating the unique impact that each reproductive and endocrine stage has on both normal sleep and sleep disorders. This title not only introduces primary care physicians and health care providers to the discipline of sleep disorders in women, it also will appeal to a broader set of specialists as it summarizes the latest, cutting-edge research and presents it in a succinct and clinically relevant manner. The goal of this book is to help physicians recognize the symptom patterns of sleep disorders in their female patients, guide them in diagnosing and treating these patients in a timely fashion, and help in the elimination of gender bias in sleep medicine research and care. An invaluable addition to the literature, Sleep Disorders in Women: A Guide to Practical Management, 2nd Edition again fills an important niche by being an accessible, comprehensive, multidisciplinary review on sleep disorders in women.
- Somatotrophic axis in brain function 2006, ScienceDirect
- Stem cells in endocrinology 2005, SpringerGeneration of islet-like structures from ES cells / Nadya Lumelsky -- The therapeutic potential of liver repopulation for metabolic or endocrine disorders / Sanjeev Gupta -- The manipulation of mesenchymal stem cells for bone repair / Shelley R. Winn -- Spermatogenesis from transplanted spermatogenic stem cells / Michael D. Griswold and Derek McLean -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in the treatment of autoimmune endocrine disease / Jody Schumacher and Ewa Carrier -- Preclinical trials for stem cell therapy / Linda B. Lester, K.Y. Francis Pau, and Don P. Wolf.Pt. I. Basic stem cell biology. Embryonic stem cells: derivation, properties, and therapeutic implications / Victor L. Browning and Jon S. Odorico -- Germ line stem cells / Makoto C. Nagano -- Umbilical cord stem cells / Kathy E. Mitchell -- Differentiation potential of adult stem cells / Henry E. Young and Asa C. Black, Jr. -- Growth conditions for primate vs murine embryonic stem cells / Gillian M. Beattie ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. Translational research. Islet precursor cells in adult pancreatic islets / Gladys Teitelman and Irem Nasir -- Transcription factor-directed differentiation of stem cells along an endocrine lineage / William L. Lowe, Jr. --
- SuperMEN1 2009, SpringerMEN1 clinical background / Peter Igaz -- Genetic background of MEN1 : from genetic homogeneity to functional diversity / Patrick Gaudray and Günther Weber -- Menin : the protein behind the MEN1 syndrome / Maria Papaconstantinou ... [et al.] -- Cellular functions of menin / Geoffrey N. Hendy, Hiroshi Kaji and Lucie Canaff -- The role of menin in hematopoiesis / Ivan Maillard and Jay L. Hess -- Role of menin in bone development / Hiroshi Kaji, Lucie Canaff and Geoffrey N. Hendy -- Activin, TGF-€ and menin in pituitary tumorigenesis / Jean-Jacques Lebrun -- The role of menin in parathyroid tumorigenesis / Colin Davenport and Amar Agha -- Role of menin in neuroendocrine tumorigenesis / Terry C. Lairmore and Herbert Chen -- Adrenal tumors in MEN1 syndrome and the role of menin in adrenal tumorigenesis / Attila Patocs, Katalin Balogh and Karoly Racz -- Functional studies of menin through genetic manipulation of the MEN1 homolog in mice / Dheepa Balasubramanian and Peter C. Scacheri.
- Surgery of the adrenal gland 2013, SpringerHistorical Background or De quibusdam Renum glandulis: The History of Adrenals /Donatella Lippi --Surgical Anatomy /Celestino Pio Lombardi, Carmela De Crea, Francesco Pennestri and Marco Raffaelli --Pathology /Gabriella Nesi and Raffaella Santi --Diagnosis and Clinical Pictures /Gabriele Parenti and Massimo Mannelli --Imaging /Massimo Falchini and Vittoria Rufini --Perioperative Management /Tommaso Borracci, Luca Vitali, Lorenzo Antonuzzo, Liliana Sollazzi and Valter Perilli, et al. --General Principles of Adrenal Surgery /Robin M. Cisco and Quan-Yang Duh --Instrumentation and High-Technology /Francesco Corcione, Valentina Brancato and Michele Giuseppe Iovino --Right Flank Trans-Abdominal Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy /Carlo Bergamini and Andrea Valeri --Left Flank Trans-Abdominal Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy /Celestino Pio Lombardi, Marco Raffaelli, Carmela De Crea, Francesco Pennestri and Rocco Bellantone --Posterior Retroperitoneoscopic Adrenalectomy /Rocco Bellantone, Marco Raffaelli, Carmela De Crea, Luigi Oragano and Celestino Pio Lombardi --Open Adrenalectomy /Giorgio De Toma, Andrea Polistena and Giuseppe Cavallaro --Other Techniques of Video-Assisted and Open Adrenalectomies /Rocco Bellantone, Francesco Corcione, Celestino Pio Lombardi, Marco Raffaelli and Carmela De Crea, et al. --Outcome of Adrenal Surgery /Andrea Valeri and Carlo Bergamini.
- Surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands 2007, Springer
- Surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Surgical pathology of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors 2009, SpringerImaging of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of endocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of neuroendocrine tumors arising in non-endocrine organs -- Tumors of the pituitary gland -- Tumors of thyroid gland : non-C cell tumors -- Tumors of the thyroid gland (C-cells) -- Tumors of parathyroid gland -- Tumors of the adrenal cortex -- Tumors of the adrenal medulla and extra-adrenal paraganglia -- Endocrine tumors of the lung and upper airways -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract -- Neuroendocrine tumours of the breast -- Neuroendocrine tumors of female genital tract -- Neuroendocrine tumors of prostate, urinary bladder, and kidney -- Neuroendocrine tumors of other miscellaneous sites : thymus and skin -- Endocrine tumors and tumor-like lesions of infancy, childhood, and adolescents and inherited tumor syndromes -- Application of molecular diagnosis techniques in the diagnosis and management of endocrine tumors.
- Tetraspanins 2013, SpringerTetraspanin proteins have recently emerged as a new class of modulators of various processes involving cell surface receptors, including cell migration and invasion, host immune responses, cell-cell fusion, and viral infection. The book summarises recent advances in the fields of biology in which the role of tetraspanins have been established and also covers the molecular evolution of the tetraspanin superfamily and structural aspects of the organisation of tetraspanin microdomains.
- Textbook of nephro-endocrinology. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPart I: The kidney as an endocrine organ -- Section I: Erythropoietin -- Erythropoietin: an historical overview of physiology, molecular biology and gene regulation / David R. Mole, Peter J. Ratcliffe -- Erythropoiesis: the roles of erythropoietin and iron / Herbert Y. Lin -- Extra-hematopoietic action of erythropoietin / Zheqing Cal, Gregg L. Semenza -- Development of recombinant erythropoietin and erythropoietin analogs / Iain C. Macdougall -- Erythropoietin, anemia and kidney disease / Ajay K. Singh ... [et al.] -- Section II: Vitamin D, PTH and novel regulators of phosphate -- Vitamin D and the kidney: introduction and historical perspective / Tejas Patel, Ajay K. Singh --- Vitamin D: molecular biology and gene regulation / Adriana S. Dusso, Alex J. Brown -- Endocrine regulation of phosphate homeostasis / Harald Jüppner, Anthony A. Portale -- Section III: Renin-Angiotensin -- The history of the renin-angiotensin system / Joel Menard -- Molecular biology of renin and regulation of its gene / Timothy L. Reudelhuber, Daniel F. Catanzaro -- Physiology and regulation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system / Robert M. Carey, Shetal H. Padia -- The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and the kidney / Benjamin Ko, George Bakris -- The renin-angiotensin system and the heart / Aaron J. Trask, Carlos M. Ferrario -- Renin-angiotensin blockage: therapeutic agents / Domenic A. Sica --Part II: The kidney as a hormonal target -- Section IV: Antidiuretic hormone -- Vasopressin in the kidney: historical aspects / Lynn E. Schlanger, Jeff M. Sands -- Molecular biology and gene regulation of vasopressin / Swasti Tiwari, Carolyn A. Ecelbarger -- Vasopressin antagonists in physiology and disease / Tomas Berl, Robert W. Schrier -- Diabetes insipidus and SIADH / Michael L. Moritz, Juan Carlos Ayus -- Section V: The atrial peptides -- ANP, BNP and CNP: physiology and pharmacology of the cardiorenal axis / Candace Y. W. Lee, John C. Burnett Jr -- Section VI: Aldosterone -- Aldosterone: history and introduction / John Coghlan, James F. Tait -- Aldosterone receptors and their renal effects: molecular biology and gene regulation / Celso E. Gomez-Sanchez, Elise P. Gomes-Sanchez, Mario Galigniana -- Aldosterone and its cardiovascular effects / Rajesh Garg, Gail K. Adler -- Regulation of aldosterone production / William E. Rainey, Windy B. Bollag, Carlos M. Isales -- Section VII: Endocrine disorders in renal failure -- Insulin resistance and diabetes in chronic renal disease / Donald C. Simonson -- Growth hormone / John D. Mahan -- Sexual dysfunction in men and women with chronic kidney disease / Biff F. Palmer -- Thyroid status in chronic renal failure patients: a non-thyroidal illness syndrome / Victoria S. Lim, Manish Suneja -- Metabolic acidosis of chronic kidney disease / Jeffrey A. Kraut, Glenn T. Nagami -- Pregnancy and the kidney / Chun Lam, S. Ananth Karumanchi.
- Thymus gland 2007, Springer
- Thymus gland pathology 2008, Springer
- Thyroid and heart failure 2009, Springer
- Thyroid cancer 2012, SpringerThe American Cancer Society recently estimated that about 45,000 new cases of thyroid cancer will be diagnosed in the United States, with three-quarters occurring in women. The overall 5-year survival rate is about 97%, making it one of the least lethal cancers. We are experiencing an epidemic of well-differentiated thyroid cancer, in part due to the widespread use of imaging modalities that detect thyroid nodules and microcarcinomas. Concurrently, there have been a number of recent advances in surgical treatment, as well as diagnostic modalities that allow us to detect small amounts of residual local and metastatic disease. Additionally, a reexamination of past treatment regimens has led to new recommendations regarding the use of radioactive iodine, and to new therapeutic options, such as targeted therapy which have supplanted the use of more toxic chemotherapy for metastatic cancer. Multiple academic organizations have developed consensus guidelines for the management of thyroid cancer, occasionally with conflicting recommendations. In Thyroid Cancer, a renowned group of authors presents a broad overview of the pathology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of thyroid cancer, with an emphasis on recent evidence-based information. State-of-the-art and a significant contribution to the literature, Thyroid Cancer is an invaluable reference for endocrinologists, oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians, radiation oncologists, primary care physicians, and surgeons who deal with head and neck cancer.
- Thyroid cancer 2011, CRCnetBASE"Thyroid cancer evaluation and treatment has enjoyed very little evolution in comparison with other disease management strategies. The standard treatment algorithms for thyroid cancer have varied only in response to major, though infrequent, biotechnological innovations. These resultant algorithm node insertions produced paradigm changes, but there has been little to advance the care of the patient with advanced thyroid cancer--until very recently. Perhaps the reasons for a relative lack of interest and scientific progress are the overwhelming likelihood of benignity among thyroid nodules, the overwhelmingly favorable clinical outcome even if a patient has thyroid cancer, and the overwhelming long time required for clinical follow-up of these cancer patients. Unfortunately, the problem now is that we may be overmanaging low-risk patients, and we have not achieved the clinical responses we would have liked with high-risk patients"--Provided by publisher.
- Thyroid cancer in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Thyroid cancer. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Thyroid cancer. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Thyroid cytopathology. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Thyroid disease 2005, SpringerForeword vii -- Preface -- Acknowledgments -- Part 1. Physiology, testing, and common thyroid disorders -- Introduction -- Thyroid testing and imaging -- Graves' disease -- Other causes of hyperthyroidism -- Thyroid ophthalmopathy -- Hypothyroidism -- Subclinical thyroid disease -- Hashimoto's thyroiditis -- Thyroid disease in pregnancy and post partum -- Thyroid disease in children and adolescents -- Thyroid nodules and cancer -- Management of thyroid cancer patients -- Part 2. Challenging thyroid disorders and current controversies -- Challenging cases of hyperthyroidism -- Treatment of Graves' disease: a personal perspective -- Iatrogenic hyperthyroidism -- Final thoughts -- Index.
- Thyroid disease in adults 2011, Springer
- Thyroid disorders with cutaneous manifestations 2008, SpringerAnatomy and Embryology of the Thyroid Gland / Gabriel Wong and Scott Schaffer -- Hormones / Airani Sathananthan, Kimberly A. Placzkowski and John C. Morris -- Classification and Epidemiology of Thyroid Disease / Ghada Haddad and Steven Kaufman -- Laboratory Diagnosis of Thyroid Disease / Reagan Schiefer and Vahab Fatourechi -- Thyroglossal Duct Cysts / Lisa M. Reid -- Thyroid Cancer and the Skin / Robert A. Somer and Nati Lerman -- Chromosomes, Genes, and the Thyroid Gland / Analisa V. Halpern and Rhonda E. Schnur -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Hyperthyroidism / Clara-Dina Cokonis, Carrie W. Cobb, Warren R. Heymann and Chad M. Hivnor -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Hypothyroidism / Sandra A. Kopp, Pascal G. Ferzli, Chad M. Hivnor and Warren R. Heymann -- Pretibial Myxedema (Thyroid Dermopathy) / Vahab Fatourechi -- Alopecia and Thyroid Disease / Michelle Babb-Tarbox and Wilma F. Bergfeld -- Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria and Thyroid Disease / Jeffrey S Rumbyrt and Alan L Schocket -- Dermatologic Disorders Associated with Thyroid Disease / Joslyn Sciacca Kirby and William D. James -- Potential Therapeutic Uses of Thyroid Hormone / Joshua D. Safer and Michael F. Holick.
- Thyroid function testing 2010, SpringerThyroid Hormone Metabolism / Stephen A. Huang and Luciana A. de Castro Neves -- Genetic Influences on Thyroid Function Tests / Wendy M. van der Deure, Marco Medici, Robin P. Peeters and Theo J. Visser -- Influence of Iodine Deficiency and Excess on Thyroid Function Tests / Maria Andersson and Michael B. Zimmermann -- Regulation of Thyroid Hormone Production and Measurement of Thyrotropin / Jerome M. Hershman -- Measurements of Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine / Jim R. Stockigt -- Thyroid Autoantibody Measurement / R. A. Ajjan and A. P. Weetman -- Thyroglobulin Measurement / Carole Spencer and Ivana Petrovic -- Thyroid Function Testing in Ambulatory Practice / Angela M. Leung and Alan P. Farwell -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Infants and Children / Alicia G. Marks and Stephen H. LaFranchi -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Hospitalized Patients / Jonathan S. LoPresti and Komal S. Patil -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Pregnancy / John H. Lazarus, Offie P. Soldin and Carol Evans -- Assessing Thyroid Function in the Elderly / Mary H. Samuels -- Influence of Drugs on Thyroid Function Tests / Sonia Ananthakrishnan and Elizabeth N. Pearce.
- Thyroid gland development and function 2007, KargerMurine models for the study of thyroid gland development / M. De Felice, R. Di Lauro -- Familial forms of thyroid dysgenesis / M. Castanet, M. Polak, J. Léger -- Possible non-Mendelian mechanisms of thyroid dysgenesis / J. Deladoëy, G. Vassart, G. Van Vliet -- Thyroid imaging in children / C. Garel, J. Léger -- Clinical and biological consequences of iodine deficiency during pregnancy / D. Glinoer -- Ontogenesis of thyroid function and interactions with maternal function / M.J. Obregon ... [et al.] -- New phenotypes in thyroid dyshormonogenesis: hypothyroidism due to DUOX2 mutations / J.C. Moreno, T.J. Visser -- Thyroid hormone transporter defects / A. Grüters -- Novel biological and clinical aspects of thyroid hormone metabolism / A.M. Dumitrescu, S. Refetoff -- Papillary and follicular thyroid cancers in children / V. Vasko ... [et al.] -- Hereditary medullary thyroid carcinoma: how molecular genetics made multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 a paediatric disease / G. Szinnai, S. Sarnacki, M. Polak.
- Thyroid neoplasms 2005, ScienceDirectGene rearrangements in thryoid cancer -- Molecular markers of thyroid nodules -- Ultrasound in the diagnosis and management of thyroid cancer -- Controversies in the use of radioiodine for remnant ablation and therapy of thyroid carcinoma -- Thyroglobulin measurements in thryoid cancer evaluation and surveillance -- The role of fluoro-deoxy glucose (FDG) positron emission tomorgraphy (PET) in the management of differentiated thyroid cancer -- Preclinical studies of chemotherapy for undifferentiated thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Thyroid neoplasms in children and adolescents.
- Thyroid ultrasound and ultrasound-guided FNA. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Thyroid ultrasound and ultrasound-guided FNA. Third edition. 2013, Springer
- Tips and tricks in endocrine surgery 2014, SpringerEndocrine surgery is a highly specialised field due to the technical nature of the procedures and associated risks. Despite this, endocrine operations sometimes fall to the general surgeon to deploy. Tips and Tricks in Endocrine Surgery aims to provide a concise summary of all aspects of endocrine surgery, taking into account the latest evidence and current expert opinion. The book comprises five sections covering the major endocrine organs and systems, each chapter focuses on one endocrine disorder and provides guidelines on the techniques, considerations and aspects of surgical care specific to each procedure. This book is an invaluable quick-reference resource that will appeal to higher surgical trainees in general surgery, endocrine surgery, ENT surgery and neurosurgery. Core surgical trainees preparing for examinations and consultants wishing to refresh their knowledge of the surgical management of endocrine disorders will also find this book useful.
- Tissue-specific estrogen action 2007, Springer
- Toxicology of the pancreas 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Traditional medicines for modern times 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Treatment of the obese patient 2007, SpringerNeuroregulation of appetite / Ofer Reizes, Stephen C. Benoit, and Deborah J. Clegg -- Gut peptides / Vian Amber and Stephen R. Bloom -- Endocannabanoids and energy homeostasis / Stephen C. Woods and Daniela Cota -- Obesity and adipokines / Nicole H. Rogers, Martin S. Obin, and Andrew S. Greenberg -- Free fatty acids, insulin resistance, and ectopic fat / David E. Kelley -- Critical importance of the perinatal period in the development of obesity / Barry E. Levin -- Measurement of body composition in obesity / Jennifer L. Kuk and Robert Ross -- Energy expenditure in obesity / Leanne M. Redman and Eric Ravussin -- Socioeconomics of obesity / Roland Sturm and Yuhua Bao -- Assessment of the obese patient / Daniel H. Bessesen -- Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Romana Dmitrovic and Richard S. Legro -- Weight management in diabetes prevention : translating the Diabetic Prevention Program into clinical practice / F. Xavier Pi-Sunyer -- Reductions in dietary energy density as a weight management strategy / Jenny H. Ledikwe ... [et al.] -- Glycemic index, obesity, and diabetes / Cara B. Ebbeling and David S. Ludwig -- Low-carbohydrate diets / Angela P. Makris and Gary D. Foster -- Physical activity and obesity / John M. Jakicic ... [et al.] --Motivational interviewing in medical settings : application to obesity conceptual issues and evidence review / Ken R. Resnicow and Abdul Shaikh -- Weight-loss drugs : current and on the horizon / George A. Bray and Frank L. Greenway -- Surgical approaches and outcomes : treatment of the obese patient / George L. Blackburn and Vivian M. Sanchez -- Managing micronutrient deficiencies in the bariatric surgical patient / Robert F. Kushner -- Lessons learned from the national weight control registry / James O. Hill ... [et al.] -- Pediatric obesity / Lawrence D. Hammer.
- Treatment of thyroid tumor 2013, Springer
- Type 1 diabetes 2012, Springer
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus 2008, SpringerEpidemiology of Type 2 Diabetes -- Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Metabolic mechanisms of muscle insulin resistance -- Fat metabolism in insulin resistance and Type 2 Diabetes -- Detection and diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes - Therapies for delay or prevention of Type 2 Diabetes -- Postprandial hyperglycemia -- Medical nutrition therapy in Type 2 Diabetes -- Exercise as an effective treatment for Type 2 Diabetes -- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: an evidence-based approach to practical management: noninsulin pharmacological therapies -- The transition from oral agents to combination insulin/oral therapy -- Intensive insulin therapy in T2DM -- Hypoglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes -- Type 2 Diabetes and concomitant illness: the prepared practice -- Adherence to practice guidelines for people with Diabetes Mellitus -- Treatment of hypertension in Type 2 Diabetes -- Lipoproteins in Diabetes: risk and opportunity -- Management of coronary artery disease in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Peripheral vascular disease and stroke in Type 2 Diabetes -- Obesity and its treatment in Type 2 Diabetes -- The liver in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Developing criteria for defining Type 2 Diabetes in pregnancy -- Metabolic complications of polycystic ovary syndrome -- Erectile dysfunction in Diabetes -- Sexual dysfunction in women with Type 2 Diabetes -- Depression in Type 2 Diabetes -- Atypical forms in Type 2 Diabetes -- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 and stress: pathophysiology and treatment -- Pharmacologic factors affecting glycemic control -- Influencing self-management: from compliance to collaboration.
- Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome 2005, SpringerPathophysiology of type 2 diabetes -- Guidelines and classifications -- Exercise -- Nutrition -- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome -- Oral agents for type 2 diabetes -- Insulin use -- Macrovascular disease -- Microvascular disease -- Diabetic dyslipidemia -- Hypertension in diabetics -- Glycemic control -- Risk reduction in the diabetic patient.
- Ultrasound diagnostics of thyroid diseases 2010, SpringerAs the basis for this book, the authors have analyzed more than 100,000 ultrasound examinations performed between 1995 and 2008 in patients with thyroid and parathyroid disease, as well as many thousands of diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound-guided minimally invasive procedures. The opening chapters include discussion of current ultrasound techniques, pitfalls, and ultrasound examination of the thyroid in children. Detailed attention is then devoted to findings in the normal thyroid and in the presence of diffuse and focal changes.
- Ultrasound of the thyroid and parathyroid glands 2012, Springer
- Vitamin D. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Vitamin D. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2011.Print MaterialVitamin D, a steroid hormone, has primarily been known for its effects on bone and osteoporosis. Current therapeutic practices have expanded into such fields as cancer research, pediatrics, nephrology, dermatology, immunology, and genetics. This edition covers Vitamin D's chemistry, metabolism, mechanisms of action, diagnosis and management, new analogs, and emerging therapies.
- Werner & Ingbar's the thyroid. 10th ed. 2013, Ovid"The most comprehensive textbook on the thyroid appears in an extensively revised 10th edition. This classic text provides comprehensive coverage of every aspect of thyroid anatomy, development, biochemistry, physiology, pathophysiology, and treatment of all thyroid disorders. This edition has a more international group of contributors and new chapters on surgical management of thyroid cancer, thyroid disrupters and thyroid hormone analogs. Chapters address clinical controversies regarding subclinical hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism"--Provided by publisher.
- Werner & Ingbar's The Thyroid. 9th ed. 2005, Ovid
- When puberty is precocious 2007, Springer
- Williams Textbook of endocrinology. 12th ed. 2011, MD ConsultSection I. Hormones and Hormone Action -- Section II. Hypothalamus and Pituitary -- Section III. Thyroid -- Section IV. Adrenal Cortex and Endocrine Hypertension -- Section V. Reproduction -- Section VI. Endocrinology and the Life Span -- Section VII. Mineral Metabolism -- Section VIII. Disorders of Carbohydrate and Metabolism -- Section IX. Body Fat and Lipid Metabolism --Section X. Polyendocrine and Neoplastic Disorders.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases