Books by Subject
- Abnormalities in puberty ...............
- — Leptin .................................
- Local cardiac renin angiotensin-aldos...
- — Williams Textbook of endocrinology. 1...
- Local cardiac renin angiotensin-aldosterone system 2006, Springer
- Local cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone system. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Lymphangiogenesis in cancer metastasis 2009, Springer
- Metabolic syndrome 2008, SpringerPart 1. Metabolic Syndrome - Past and Future -- Metabolic Syndrome - Past and Future : An Introduction to the Features of This Book / Barbara Caleen Hansen, Rosemary Peternel and George A. Bray -- I. Epidemiology And Clinical Treatment: Issues In Defining And Treating The Metabolic Syndrome -- Metabolic Syndrome : To Be or Not to Be? / Gerald M. Reaven -- The Role of Obesity in Insulin Resistance : Epidemiological and Metabolic Aspects / James B. Meigs -- Treatment of the Metabolic Syndrome with Weight Loss, Exercise, Hormones, and Surgery / George A. Bray -- Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, and Cardiovascular Disease : An Epidemiological Perspective / Earl S. Ford and Simin Liu -- The Sympatho-Adrenal System in the Metabolic Syndrome / Lewis Landsberg -- II. Endothelial Function, Inflammation, and Dyslipidemia -- Insulin Action and Endothelial Function / Kieren J. Mather, Alain Baron and Michael J. Quon -- Macro- and Microvascular Disease in an Insulin-Resistant Pre-Diabetic Animal Model : The JCR:LA-cp Rat / James C. Russell and Spencer D. Proctor -- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein and the Metabolic Syndrome / Yiqing Song, Simin Liu and Joann E. Manson -- Insulin Signaling in Adipocytes and the Role of Inflammation / Christian X. Andersson, Ann Hammarstedt, Per-Anders Jansson and Ulf Smith -- Insulin Resistance and Dyslipidemia / Tina J. Chahil, Gissette Reyes and Henry N. Ginsberg -- III. Insulin - Secretion and Action: Underlying Mechanisms of the Metabolic Syndrome -- Pancreatic Islet Pathophysiology and Pathology in Obesity / Anne Clark, Jenni Moffitt, Lianne Van De Laar, Katherine Pinnick and Farhina Sayyed -- Glucagon-like Peptides and Insulin Sensitivity / Jens Juul Holst and Filip Krag Knop -- The Relationship Between the Insulin Receptor Substrates and Metabolic Disease / Morris F. White -- Insulin Resistance and Inhibitors of the Insulin Receptor Tyrosine Kinase / Jack F. Youngren -- Fat Feeding and Muscle Fat Deposition Eliciting Insulin Resistance : An Update / E. W. Kraegen, G. J. Cooney, Jiming M. Ye and Stuart M. Furler -- Alterations in Atypical Protein Kinase C Activation in Insulin Resistance Syndromes / Robert V. Farese -- The Liver, Glucose Homeostasis, and Insulin Action in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Jerry Radziuk and Susan Pye -- Chronomics of the Metabolic Syndrome / Barbara Caleen Hansen.
- Microbial endocrinology 2010, Springer
- Minimally invasive thyroidectomy 2012, Springer
- Molecular biology of the parathyroid 2005, Springer
- Molecular endocrinology. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectClassical endocrinology --Nonclassical endocrinology --Overview of receptors and transducers --Kinetics --Nuclear receptors --Membrane receptors --Receptor regulation --G proteins and cyclic nucleotides --Calcium, calmodulin, and phospholipids --Miscellaneous second messengers --Phosphorylation and other nontranscriptional effects of hormones --Hormonally regulated transcription factors --Modifications and conformations of DNA and nuclear proteins --Posttranscriptional control --Pathogen-endocrine system interactions --Molecular bases of endocrinopathies --Molecular evolution of the endocrine system.
- Molecular pathology of endocrine diseases 2010, SpringerMolecular oncogenesis -- Systematic autoimmune diseases -- MicroRNAs in endocrine diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of thyroid diseases -- Autoimmune thyroid diseases -- Benign nodular thyroid disease -- Fine needle aspiration: present and future -- Well-differentiated papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Well-differentiated thyroid follicular carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated and undifferentiated thyroid carcinomas -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Unusual thyroid tumors -- Hematopoietic tumors of the thyroid -- Clinical detection and treatment of parathyroid diseases -- Nonneoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Neoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of benign and malignant pituitary diseases -- Nonneoplastic and neoplastic pituitary diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of adrenal disease -- Benign and malignant pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas -- Benign and malignant diseases of the adrenal cortex -- Clinical detection and treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors -- Pancreatic endocrine neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Head and neck neuroendocrine tumors -- Merkel cell carcinoma -- Neuroendocrine lung tumors.
- Molecular pathology of the pituitary 2004., Karger
- Monogenic hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia disorders 2012, KargerHistorical perspective on the genetic forms of congenital hyperinsulinism / Stanley, C.A., Matschinsky, F.M. -- Biochemistry and physiology of the ATP-sensitive potassium channel / Remedi, M.S., Nichols, C.G. -- Pathophysiology of diffuse ATP-sensitive potassium hyperinsulinism / De León, D.D., Stanley, C.A. -- Molecular defects of ATP-sensitive potassium channels in congenital hyperinsulinism / Shyng, S.-L. ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms and clinical pathophysiologies of focal ATP-sensitive potassium hyperinsulinism and Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome / Arnoux, J.-B. ... [et al.] -- Pancreatic histopathology of hyperinsulinism / Suchi, M., Bhatti, T.R., Ruchelli, E.D. -- Localization of a focal lesion of congenital hyperinsulinism : imaging and surgery / States, L.J., Adzick, N.S. -- Role of incretin hormones in hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia / De León, D.D. -- Glutamate dehydrogenase : structure, regulation, and its role in insulin homeostasis / Smith, T.J. -- Congenital hyperinsulinism due to activating mutations of glutamate dehydrogenase : the hyperinsulinism/hyperammonemia syndrome / Kelly, A., Palladino, A., Stanley, C.A. -- Amino acid-stimulated insulin secretion : the role of the glutamine-glutamate-alpha-ketoglutarate axis / Li, C., Matschinsky, F.M., Stanley, C.A. -- Tissue specificity of glutamate dehydrogenase as illustrated in pancreatic beta-cells and the central nervous system / Carobbio, S. ... [et al.] -- The molecular genetics and pathophysiology of congenital hyperinsulinism caused by short-chain 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency / Molven, A. ... [et al.] -- Hyperinsulinism due to activating mutations of glucokinase / Sayed, S., Matschinsky, F., Stanley, C.A. -- Hyperinsulinism due to mutations of uncoupling protein 2 / Del Mar Gonzalez-Barroso, M., de Lonlay, P., Ricquier, D. -- Exercise-induced hyperinsulinism : a failure of monocarboxylate transporter 1 expression silencing / Otonkoski, T., Meissner, T. -- HNF4A and hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia / Kapoor, R.R., James, C.T., Hussain, K.
- Multi-system endocrine disruption 2011, Springer
- Muscle metabolism 2002, CRCnetBASEPerspectives / Eleazar Shafrir -- I. Insulin Signaling -- 1. Overview: Tyrosine Kinase Signaling in Insulin Action / Martin G. Myers, Jr. -- 2. Defects in Early Insulin Signaling in Skeletal Muscle / M. Dodson Michael and C. Ronald Kahn -- 3. Defects in Intermediate Insulin Signaling in Skeletal Muscle: Phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase and Glucose Transport / Francesco Giorgino -- II. Glucose Transport -- 4. Glucose Transport in Muscle / John O. Holloszy and Lorraine A. Nolte -- 5. The GLUT4 Compartments of Skeletal Muscle / Toolsie Ramlal, Peter Tong, Tony Lam, Romel Somwar, Maureen Charron and Amira Klip -- III. Substrate Utilization -- 6. Adverse Metabolic Consequences of Hyperglycemia ("Glucose Toxicity"): Implications for the Pathogenesis of Diabetes Mellitus / Donald A. McClain -- 7. Cellular Mediators of Glucose-Induced Autoregulation of Hexose Transport / Evgenia Alpert, Hanan Totary and Shlomo Sasson -- 8. Physiological Adaptations in Glucose Utilization of Skeletal Muscle / Julian M.R. Mathoo and Mladen Vranic -- 9. Fatty Acids and Muscle Insulin Resistance / Edward W. Kraegen, Gregory J. Cooney, Jiming Ye, Alison L. Thompson and Stuart M. Furler -- 10. Role of AMP Kinase and Malonyl CoA in Exercise-stimulated Skeletal Muscle Metabolism and Insulin Action / David J. Dean and Neil B. Ruderman -- IV. Transgenic and Genetic Models -- 11. The Use of Mouse Transgenic and Homologous Recombination.
- Neuroendocrine tumors 2011, SpringerGlobal epidemiology of neuroendocrine tumors -- Pathology -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Other genetic syndromes -- Imaging of neuroendocrine tumors -- Surgical management of sporadic gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Management of neuroendocrine tumor hormonal syndromes -- Management of metastatic carcinoid tumors -- Medical management of islet cell carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumors -- Hereditary and sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Adrenocortical carcinoma -- Pheochromocytoma -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part II], Pathological situations and diseases. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectGlucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of healthy and malignant lymphocytes / L.K. Smith, J.A. Cidloski.-- Impact of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal/gonadal axes on trajectory of age-related cognitive decline / C.D. Conrad, H.A. Biomonte-Nelson.-- Menopause and mitochondria: windows into estrogen effects on Alzheimer's disease risk and therapy / V.W. Henderson, R. Diaz Brinton.-- DHEA, important source of sex steroids in men and even more in women / F. Labrie.-- Neuroendocrinology of post-traumatic stress disorder / P. Pervanidou, G.P. Chrousos.-- Assisted reproduction and its neuroendocrine impact on the offspring / C. Kanaka-Gantenbein, S. Sakka, G.P. Chrousos.-- Sex hormone and neuroendocrine aspects of the metobolic syndrome / H. Nawata, T. Watanabe, T. Yanase, M. Nomura, K. Ashida, L. Min, W. Fan.-- Ghrelin's role as a major regulator of appetitie and its other functions in neuroendocrinology / C.T. Lim, B. Kola, M. Korbonits, A.B. Grossman.-- Pathogenesis of pituitary tumors / R. Yu, S. Melmed.-- Molecular genetics of the AIP gene in familial pituitary tumorigenesis / A. Tahir, H.S. Chahal, M. Korbonits.-- Somatostatin and somatostatin receptors: from basic concepts to clinical applications / M.C. De Martino. J.J. Hofland, S.W.J. Lamberts.-- Somatostatin analogues: treatment of pituitary and neuroendocrine tumors / A. Colao, A. Faggiano, R. Pivonello.-- The MENX syndrome and p27: relationships with multiple endocrine neoplasia / S. Molatore, N.S. Pellegata.-- Hormonal therapy of prostate cancer / F. Labrie.-- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma / V. Kantorovich, K. Pacak.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part I], The Normal neuroendocrine system. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectch. 1.Cellular signalling : peptide hormones and growth factors /Barry I. Posner and Stephane A. Laporte --ch. 2.Neuroendocrine control of energy homeostasis : update on new insights /Satya P. Kalra and Pushpa S. Kalra --ch. 3.Reproductive behaviors : new developments in concepts and in molecular mechanisms /Zachary M. Weil, Gen Murakami and Donald W. Pfaff --ch. 4.Interactions betwen the immune and neuroendocrine systems /Serge Rivest --ch. 5.Physiological roles of the kisspeptin/GPR54 system in the neuroendocrine control of reproduction /Rafael Pineda, ... [et al.] --ch. 6.Regulation of complex pulsatile and rhythmic neuroendocrine systems : the male gonadal axis as a prototype /Johannes D. Veldhuis, Daniel M. Keenan and Steven M. Pincus --ch. 7.Physiological significance of the rhythmic section of hypothalamic and pituitary hormones /Earn-Hui Gan and Richard Quinton --ch. 8.Melatonin : a multitasking molecule /Russel J. Reiter, Dun-Xian Tan and Lorena Fuentes-Broto --ch. 9.Modulation of steroid hormone receptor activity /Vladimir Stanišić, David M. Lonard and Bert W. O'Malley --ch. 10.The intracrine sex steroid biosynthesis pathways /Van Luu-The and Fernand Labrie --ch. 11.Steroidogenic enzymes in the brain : morphological aspects /Georges Pelletier --ch. 12.The multiple roles of estrogens and the enzyme aromatase /Wah Chin Boon, Jenny D. Y. Chow and Evan R. Simpson --ch. 13.ER[beta] in CNS : new roles in development and function /Xiaotang Fan, ... [et al.] --ch. 14.Interactions of estradiol and insulin-like growth factor-I signalling in the nervous system : new advances /Luis M. Garcia-Segura, María-Angeles Arévalo and Iñigo Azcoitia --ch. 15.A hormonal contraceptive for men : how close are we? /Ilpo Huhtaniemi.
- Neuroplasticity, development, and steroid hormone action 2002, CRCnetBASE
- New transcription factors and their role in diabetes and therapy 2006, ScienceDirectTranscription factor genes in type 2 diabetes / by M.N. Weedon, A.T. Hattersley & T.M. Frayling -- PPAR[gamma], a key therapeutic target in the metabolic syndrome-unique insights derived from the study of human genetic variants / by C.S. Mitchell & M. Gurnell -- PPAR[delta]: emerging therapeutic potential of novel agonists in lipid and glucose homeostasis / by U. Dressel & G.E.O. Muscat -- Liver X receptors as potential drug targets for diabetes and its disorders / by K.R. Steffenson -- SREBP-lc regulation of nutrient homeostasis and lipid accumulation / by P. Ferré ... [et al.] -- The adipocyte and adipose tissue as endocrine organs: impact on the insulin resistance phenotype / by R.R. Henry ... [et al.] -- FOXC2 in the adipocyte / by S. Enerbäck -- Regulation of adipocyte differentiation and metabolism by Wnt signaling and C/EBP transcription factors / by I. Gerin, H.D. Cha & O.A. MacDougald -- GATA proteins as molecular gatekeepers of adipogenesis / by J. Tsai, Q. Tong & G.S. Hotamisligil -- Forkhead proteins and the regulation of hepatic gene expression / by A. Barthel, S. Herzig & D. Schmoll -- Disruption of CREB regulated of gene expression in diabetes / by J.E.B. Reusch, P.A. Watson & S. Pugazhenthi -- Regulation of PGC-1 in humans with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes: functional implications / by J. Pihlajamäki & M.E. Patti -- Hepatic CCAAT/enhancer binding protein [beta] (C/EBP[beta]): engineer of diabetes, obesity, and inflammatory disease processes / by J.M. Schroeder-Gloeckler, S.M. Rahman & J.E. Friedman -- Insulin resistance, inflammation, and the IKK/I[kappa]B/NF-[kappa]B pathway by B.A. Bhatt & R.M. O'Doherty.
- Novel insights into adipose cell functions 2010, SpringerPathological Alteration of Human Adipose Tissue in Obesity / Karine Clément -- Dynamics of Human Adipose Tissue. Regulatory Mechanisms and Consequences for Fat Cells and the Whole Body / Peter Arner -- Metabolism of Fatty Acids in Adipocytes / A. L. Dinel, C. Kolditz and D. Langin -- The Role of Hypoxia in Adipocyte Function and Dysfunction / Paul Trayhurn, Fátima Pérez de Heredia, Bohan Wang and I. Stuart Wood -- Brown Adipose Tissue In Humans: A New Target for Anti-Obesity Therapy / Sven Enerbäck -- Adipose Tissue Dysfunction: A Multistep Process / Kai Sun and Philipp E. Scherer -- Fat Cell Progenitors: Origins and Plasticity / Christian Dani -- Transcriptional Regulation of Brown and White Adipogenesis / Bruce M. Spiegelman -- Transcriptional Control of Gene Expression in Different Adipose Tissue Depots / Stephen R. Farmer -- Epigenetic Approaches to Adipose Biology / Evan D. Rosen -- Metabolic and Angiogenic Consequences of the Presence or Absence of UCP1 / Barbara Cannon and Jan Nedergaard -- Metabolic Responses to Weight Perturbation / Rudolph L. Leibel and Michael Rosenbaum -- Understanding Causal Relationships in the Metabolic Syndrome: Recent Insights from Extreme Human Phenotypes / David B. Savage.
- Nuclear endocrinology 2012, Springer
- Nutrition and metabolism 2009, Springer
- Nutritional strategies for the diabetic & prediabetic patient 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity and metabolism 2008., KargerMonogenic human obesity / Farooqi, I.S. -- Polygenic contribution to obesity : genome-wide strategies reveal new targets / Korner, A. ... [et al.] -- Genetic obesity syndromes / Goldstone, A.P., Beales, P.L. -- Fetal and neonatal pathways to obesity / Gluckman, P.D. ... [et al.] -- Developmental origins of obesity and the metabolic syndrome : the role of maternal obesity / Armitage, J.A., Poston, L., Taylor, P.D. --Childhood obesity / Sabin, M.A., Shield, J.P.H. -- Obesity in old age / McPhee Chapman, I. -- Models of obesity in large animals and birds / Clarke, I.J. -- The [beta]-cell in type 2 diabetes and in obesity / Rutter, G.A., Parton, L.E. -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in energy balance regulation and obesity / Cota, D. -- 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity / Morton, N.M., Seckl, J.R. --Gut and hormones and obesity / Wren, A.M. -- Adipokines in obesity / Ahima, R.S., Osei, S.Y. -- The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in obesity / Kola, B., Grossman, A.B., Korbonits, M. -- Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity / Weaver, J.U. -- Emerging concepts in the medical and surgical treatment of obesity / Aylwin, S., Al-Zaman, Y. -- The sociology of obesity / Rosengren, A., Lissner, L. -- Obesity in art--a brief overview / Woodhouse, R.
- Office andrology 2005, SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek --Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- Painful diabetic neuropathy in clinical practice 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Diabetic Neuropathies -- Classification and Clinical Features -- Diagnosis and Staging -- Management of Neuropathic Pain.
- Pancreatic beta cell in health and disease 2008, Springer
- Pancreatic stem cells 2009, Springer
- Pancreatology 2009, Springer
- Parathyroids. 2nd ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Pediatric adrenal diseases 2011, KargerRole of mitochondria in steroidogenesis / Miller, W.L. -- The physiology and biochemistry of adrenarche / Auchus, R.J. -- Update on the corticomedullary interaction in the adrenal gland / Haase, M., Willenberg, H.S., Bornstein, S.R. -- Role of DAX-1 (NR0B1) and steroidogenic factor-1 (NR5A1) in human adrenal function / El-Khairi, R. ... [et al.] -- Functional and physiological consequences of STAR deficiency : role in lipoid congenital adrenal hyperplasia / King, S.R., Bhangoo, A., Stocco, D.M. -- P450 side-chain cleavage deficiency : a rare cause of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Hauffa, B., Hiort, O. -- Clinical and biochemical consequences of P450 oxidoreductase deficiency / Flück, C.E., Pandey, A.V. -- Molecular genetics of 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Wedell, A -- Brain development and cognitive, psychosocial, and psychiatric functioning in classical 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Meyer-Bahlburg, H.F.L. -- Long-term outcome of prenatal dexamethasone treatment of 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Lajic, S., Nordenstrom, A., Hirvikoski, T. -- Role of genetic variation in regulation of aldosterone biosynthesis / Alvarez-Madrazo, S., Connell, J.M., Freel, E.M. -- Circadian clock-mediated regulation of target-tissue sensitivity to glucocorticoids : implications for cardiometabolic diseases / Kino, T., Chrousos, G.P. -- Glucocorticoid resistance / van Rossum, E.F.C., van den Akker, E.L.T. -- Mineralocorticoid receptor gene variants as determinants of HPA axis regulation and behavior / DeRijk, R.H. ... [et al.] -- Adrenoleukodystrophy / Cappa, M. ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune addison's disease / Betterle, C., Morlin, L. -- Optimal glucocorticoid therapy / Debono, M., Ross, R.J. -- Modulation of glucocorticoid metabolism by the GH-IGF-I axis / Neggers, S.J.C.M.M., van der Lely, A.J. -- Effects of glucocorticoids on the growth plate / Lui, J.C., Baron, J. -- Growth hormone treatment in children on chronic glucorticoid therapy / Savage, M.O., Simon, D., Czernichow, P.C. -- Ancient history of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / New, M.I.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology 2004, Karger
- Pediatric neuroendocrinology 2010, KargerThe transcriptome and the hypothalamo-neurohypophyseal system / C. Colin, T. Hindmarch, D. Murphy -- Role of sleep and sleep loss in hormonal release and metabolism / R. Leproult, E. Van Cauter -- Sexual hormones and the brain : an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation / A. Garcia-Falgueras, D.F. Swaab -- Corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor antagonists : an update / E. Zoumakis, G.P. Chrousos -- New concepts on the control of the onset of puberty / S.R. Ojeda ... [et al.] -- Roles of kisspeptins in the control of hypothalamic-gonadotropic function : focus on sexual differentiation and puberty onset / M. Tena-Sempere -- Role of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor 1 axis in neurogenesis / N.D. Åberg -- Sex steroids, growth hormone, leptin, and the pubertal growth spurt / A.D. Rogol -- Endocrine and metabolic actions of ghrelin / V. Gasco ... [et al.] -- Pitfalls in the diagnosis of central adrenal insufficiency in children / R. Kazlauskaite, M. Maghnie -- Central nervous system-acting drugs influencing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function / V. Locatelli ... [et al.] -- Genetic factors in the development of pituitary adenomas / S. Vandeva ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis and treatment of Cushing's disease in children / M.O. Savage ... [et al.] -- Prolactinomas in children and adolescents / A. Colao, S. Loche --Pituitary tumors : advances in neuroimaging / G. Morana, M. Maghnie, A. Rossi --Resistin : regulation of food intake, glucose homeostasis, and lipid metabolism / R. Nogueiras ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamic obesity / I. Hochberg, Z. Hochberg --Neuroendocrine consequences of anorexia nervosa in adolescents / M. Misra, A. Klibanski.
- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes 2007, SpringerPharmacoepidemiology of diabetes -- New definitions of diabetes: consequences -- The insulin resistance syndrome: concept and therapeutic approaches -- Medical emergencies-diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar hyperglycaemia -- Notes on the use of glucagon in type 1 diabetes -- Insulin and new insulin analogues, insulin pumps and inhaled insulin in type 1 diabetes -- Insulin and new insulin analogues with focus on type 2 diabetes -- The place of insulin secretagogues in the treatment of type 2 diabetes in the twenty-first century -- Metformin-from devil to angel -- The glitazones, lessons so far -- Antidiabetic combination therapy -- The incretin modulators-incretin mimetics (GLP-1 receptor agonists) and incretin enhancers (DPP-4 inhibitors) -- The role of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors (acarbose) -- Multifactorial intervention in type 2 diabetes -- Obesity and pharmacological treatment -- Management of diabetic dyslipidaemia -- Coronary intervention and ischemic cardioprotection in diabetic patients -- ACE-I and ARB and blood pressure lowering, including effect on renal disease. Treatment of advanced diabetic renal disease -- Aspirin and antiplatelet drugs in the prevention of cardiovascular complications of diabetes -- Glycosylation inhibitors, PKC inhibitors and related interventions against complications -- Diabetic foot ulcers -- Pharmacotherapy in diabetic neuropathy -- Pregnancy-pharmacological problems - Pharmacotherapy of diabetic retinopathy -- Pharmacotherapy in diabetic sexual dysfunction -- A bone perspective -- Achieving guideline control with new pharmacotherapies; albumin-binding by acylation of insulin and GLP-1 -- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes.
- Pheochromocytoma 2004., KargerPrinciples of catecholamine biosynthesis, metabolism and release /Schulz, C., Eisenhofer, G.; Lehnert, H. (Magdeburg) --Photogenesis of pheochromocytoma /Isobe, K. ... [et al.] --Genetic basis of pheochromocytoma /Gimm, O.; Koch, C.A. ... [et al.] --Clinical presentation (symptoms and signs) of sporadic and familial chromaffin cell tumours (phaeochromocytomas and paragangliomas) /Kaltsas, G.A.; Papadogias, D.; Grossman, A.B. (London) --Biochemical diagnosis of pheochromocytoma /Eisenhofer, G. (Bethesda, Md.); Lenders, J.W.M. (Nijmegen); Pacak, K. (Bethesda, Md.) --Diagnostic imaging of pheochromocytoma /Pacak, K.; Eisenhofer, G.; Ilias, I. (Bethesda, Md.) --Preoperative and surgical therapy in sporadic and familial pheochromocytoma /Brauckhoff, M; Gimm, O.; Dralle, H. (Halle) --Somatosatin receptors in pheochromocytoma /de Herder, W.W.; Hofland L.J. (Rotterdam) --Malignant pheochromocytoma /Lehnert, H.; Mundshenk, J. (Magdeburg); Hahn, K. (Munich).
- Pineal region tumors 2009, KargerStatistical analysis of pineal tumors based on the data of brain tumor registry of Japan / Shibui, S., Nomura, K. -- Pathology of pineal parenchymal tumors / Sato, K., Kubota, T. -- Occipital transtentorial approach and combined treatments for pineal parenchymal tumors / Tsumanuma, I., Tanaka, R., Fujii, Y. -- Role of stereotactic radiosurgery in the management of pineal parenchymal tumors -- Kano, H. ... [et al.] -- Pathology of intracranial germ cell tumors / Sato, K., Takeuchi, H., Kubota, T. -- Pineal germ cell tumors / Matsutani, M. -- Strategy of combined treatment of germ cell tumors / Sawamura, Y. -- Radiation therapy for intracranial germ cell tumors / Aoyama, H. -- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pineal and related tumors / Mori, Y. ... [et al.] -- Management of central nervous system germinoma : proposal for a modern strategy / Shibamoto, Y. -- Quality of life of extremely long-time germinoma survivors mainly treated with radiotherapy / Sugiyama, K. ... [et al.].
- Pituitary surgery 2006., KargerRole of transcranial approaches in the treatment of sellar and suprasellar lesions / Maartens, N.F.; Kaye, A.H -- Extended transsphenoidal approach / Dumont, A.S. ... [et al.] -- Image guidance in pituitary surgery / Asthagiri, A.R.; Laws, E.R. Jr.; Jane, J.A. Jr. -- Endoscopic endonasal cavernous sinus surgery, with special reference to pituitary adenomas / Frank, G.; Pasquini, E. -- Diagnosis and management of pediatric sellar lesions / Jagannathan, J.; Dumont, A.S.; Jane, J.A. Jr. -- The craniopharyngioma / Oskouian, R.J.; Samii, A.; Laws, E.R. Jr. -- Rathke's cleft cysts / Kanter, A.S. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of Cushing's disease : a retrospective clinical study of the latest 100 cases / Hofmann, B.M.; Fahlbusch, R. -- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pituitary adenomas : a review of the literature and our experience / Sheehan, J.P. ... [et al.] -- Neuropathological considerations of pituitary adenomas / Asthagiri, A.; Lopes, M.B.S. -- Anesthetic and critical care management of patients undergoing pituitary surgery / Burton, C.M.; Nemergut, E.C. -- Vascular injury and transsphenoidal surgery / Oskouian, R.J.; Kelly, D.F.; Laws, E.R. Jr.
- Pituitary today 2006., KargerImplication of pituitary tropic status on tumor development / I. Donangelo, S. Melmed -- Anterior pituitary cell renewal during the estrous cycle / M. Candolfi ... [et al.] -- Bone morphogenetic protein-4 control of pituitary pathophysiology / D. Giacomini ... [et al.] -- Genesis of prolactinomas: studies using estrogen-treated animals / D.K. Sarkar -- Dopaminergic D2 receptor knockout mouse: an animal model of prolactinoma / C. Cristina ... [et al.] -- Vasoinhibins: a family of n-terminal prolactin fragments that inhibit angiogenesis and vascular function / C. Clapp ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of pituitary differentiation and regulation: implications for hormone deficiencies and hormone resistance syndromes / J. Drouin -- Long-term follow-up of prolactinomas: should dopamine agonist treatment be life-long? / M. Guitelman -- Ghrelin: from somatotrope secretion to new perspectives in the regulation of peripheral metabolic functions / F. Broglio ... [et al.] -- Regulating of growth hormone sensitivity by sex steroids: implications for therapy / K.K.Y. Ho ... [et al.] -- Acromegaly: molecular expression of somatostatin receptor subtypes and treatment outcome / M.D. Bronstein -- Gene therapy in the neuroendocrine system / C.B. Hereñú ... [et al.] -- Ectopic ACTH syndrome / A.M. Isidori, G.A. Kaltsas, A.B. Grossman -- Estrogens and neuroendocrine hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function / A.F. De Nicola ... [et al.] -- New aspects in the diagnosis and treatment of Cushing disease / M. Labeur ... [et al.].
- Pituitary today II 2010, KargerUpdate on basic and clinical research on pituitary function and disease.
- Pituitary. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pituitary Development / Jacques Drouin -- Chapter 2. Hypothalamic Regulation of Anterior Pituitary Function / Anat Ben-Shlomo, Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 3. Adrenocorticotropin / Oulu Wang, Joseph A. Majzoub -- Chapter 4. Growth Hormone / Vivien S. Herman-Bonert, Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 5. Prolactin / Mary P. Gillam, Mark E. Molitch -- Chapter 6. Thyroid-stimulating Hormone / Virginia D. Sarapura, David F. Gordon, Mary H. Samuels -- Chapter 7. Gonadotropin Hormones / Ursula B. Kaiser -- Chapter 8. The Posterior Pituitary / Daniel G. Bichet -- Chapter 9. The Hypothalamus / Glenn D. Braunstein -- Chapter 10. Anterior Pituitary Failure / John D. Carmichael -- Chapter 11. Pituitary Function in Systemic Disorders / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 12. The Pituitary Gland in Pregnancy and the Puerperium / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 13. Drugs and Pituitary Function / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 14. Acromegaly / Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 15. Prolactinoma / Mary P. Gillam, Mark E. Molitch -- Chapter 16. Cushing's disease / Xavier Bertagna, Laurence Guignat, Marie-Charles Raux-Demay, Brigitte Guilhaume, François Girard -- Chapter 17. Thyrotropin-Secreting Pituitary Tumors / Vanessa Rouach, Yona Greenman -- Chapter 18. Gonadotroph Adenomas / Peter J. Snyder -- Chapter 19. Nonpituitary Tumors of the Sellar Region / Olga Moshkin, Steffen Albrecht, Juan M. Bilbao, Kalman Kovacs -- Chapter 20. Pituitary Imaging / Marcel M. Maya, Barry D. Pressman -- Chapter 21. Pituitary Surgery / Rudolf Fahlbusch, Michael Buchfelder.
- Practical management of thyroid cancer 2006, SpringerAn overview of the management of thyroid cancer -- The UK evidence-based guidelines for the management of thyroid cancer: key recommendations -- Thyroid cancer multidisciplinary team and the organisational paradigm -- Thyroid cancer form the perspective of a patient -- The role of the specialist nurse -- The role of the clinical psychologist -- Thyroid nodules -- Thyroid cancer and the general practitioner -- The role of pathologist -- Thyroid cancer and the endocrinologist -- The specialist endocrine surgeon -- Initial thyroid surery for patient with differentiated thyroid carcinoma -- Management of cervical lymph nodes in differentiated thyroid cancer -- Complications of thyroid surgery -- Non-surgical management of thyroid cancer -- Fertility following treatment with iodine-131 for thyroid cancer -- Recombinant human TSH (rhTSH): use in papillary and follicular thyroid cancer -- Thyroglobulin -- Follow-up of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma --- Management of differentiated thyroid carcinoma patients with negative whole-body radioiodine scans and elevated serum thyroglobulin levels -- Medullary thyroid cancer: diagnosis and management -- Nonmedullary thyroid cancer and the role of the geneticist -- Thyroid cancer in childhood -- Radiation-induced thyroid cancer: lessons from Chernobyl -- The use of stable potassium iodide (KI) in the event of a nuclear emergency -- Ultrasound of the thyroid -- Diagnostic nuclear medicine investigations in the management of thyroid cancer -- CT and MRI in thyroid cancer -- Papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroid -- Rare thyroid cancers -- Management of anaplastic thyroid cancer -- Specialist palliative care for anaplastic thyroid carcinoma -- Emerging therapies for thyroid cancer -- Clinical trials for thyroid carcinoma: past, present, and future.
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes 2012, SpringerPrevention of Type 2 Diabetes; from Science to Therapies /Emily Jane Gallagher and Derek LeRoith --Pathophysiology: Loss of [beta]-Cell Function /Ele Ferrannini and Andrea Mari --Pathophysiology of Insulin Resistance: Implications for Prevention /Shamsa Ali and Vivian A. Fonseca --Epidemiology Including Youth Through Adulthood and Socioeconomic Impact /Helen Looker --Prediabetes Genes in Pima and Amish /Leslie J. Baier --Predicting Diabetes /Rachel Dankner and Jesse Roth --Screening for Prediabetes and Diabetes /Amir Tirosh --Neuropathy in Prediabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome /Aaron I. Vinik and Marie-Laure Nevoret --Interventional Trials to Prevent Diabetes: Diabetes Prevention Program /Vanita R. Aroda and Robert E. Ratner --Decreasing Postprandial Plasma Glucose Using an [alpha]-Glucosidase Inhibitor in Subjects with IGT for the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The STOP-NIDDM Trial /Jean-Louis Chiasson, Markku Laakso and Markolf Hanefeld --Da Qing, Finnish DPP, Tripod, and Dream: Lifestyle and Thiazolidinediones in the Prevention of Diabetes /Mariela Glandt and Zachary Bloomgarden --Community Approaches to Diabetes Prevention /Ann Albright and David Williamson --Think Locally, Act Locally, Extend Globally: Diabetes Prevention Through Partnerships with Local Communities /Carol R. Horowitz and Brett Ives --Global Challenge in Diabetes Prevention from Practice to Public Health /Peter E. H. Schwarz.
- Principles of diabetes mellitus. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. The Main Events in the History of Diabetes Mellitus / Jacek Zajac, Anil Shrestha, Parini Patel and Leonid Poretsky -- Part 2. Physiology of glucose metabolism -- Normal Glucose Homeostasis / Muhammad Z. Shrayyef and John E. Gerich -- Endocrine Pancreas / Barry J. Brass, Zinoviy Abelev, Emilia Pauline Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- The Role of Incretins in Insulin Secretion / Brock E. Schroeder and Orville Kolterman -- Cellular Mechanisms of Insulin Action / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- The Role of Brain in Glucose Metabolism / Silvana Obici and Paulo José Forcina Martins -- Part 3. Diagnosis and epidemiology of diabetes -- Diagnostic Criteria and Classification of Diabetes / James P. Leu and Joel Zonszein -- Epidemiology / Shadi Chamany and Bahman P. Tabaei -- Diabetes in Culturally Diverse Populations: From Biology to Culture / A. Enrique Caballero -- Part 4. Genes and diabetes -- Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes: From Candidate Genes to Genome-Wide Association Analysis / Kevin Brown and Alan R. Shuldiner -- Rodent Models of Diabetes / Ronald J. Christopher, Koji Takeuchi and Bumsup Lee -- Part 5. Diabetes Syndromes -- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Epidemiology, Genetics, Pathogenesis, and Clinical Manifestations / Omar Ali -- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Epidemiology, Genetics, Pathogenesis, and Clinical Manifestations / Vivian Fonseca and Jennifer John-Kalarickal -- Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young: Molecular Genetics, Clinical Manifestations, and Therapy / Markus Stoffel -- Diabetes in Pregnancy / Adina E. Schneider, Elliot J. Rayfield, Agustin Busta and Yuriy Gurevich -- Secondary Causes of Diabetes Mellitus / Yana B. Garger, Prajesh M. Joshi, Ashutosh S. Pareek, Carla M. Romero and Amit K. Seth, et al. -- Syndromes of Extreme Insulin Resistance / George Grunberger and Bianca Alfonso -- Part 6. Complications of diabetes -- Acute Hyperglycemic Syndromes: Diabetic Ketoacidosis and the Hyperosmolar State / Yun Feng and Adrienne M. Fleckman -- Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Mellitus / Mazen Alsahli and John E. Gerich -- Intake of Advanced Glycation Endproducts: Role in the Development of Diabetic Complications / Helen Vlassara and Gary E. Striker -- Diabetic Retinopathy / Ketan Laud and Uri Shabto -- Diabetic Nephropathy / James F. Winchester, Donald A. Feinfeld, Nikolas B. Harbord and Alan Dubrow -- Diabetic Neuropathy / Russell L. Chin and Michael Rubin -- Peripheral Vascular Disease in Diabetes / Jennifer K. Svahn, Jeffrey S. Kirk, Omar H. Llaguna and Nancy Habib -- The Diabetic Foot / Dennis Shavelson, John S. Steinberg and Bradley W. Bakotic -- Male Sexual Dysfunction in Diabetes Mellitus / Barry M. Mason, Albert C. Leung, Michael E. DiSanto and Arnold Melman -- Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Diabetes / Donald P. Kotler and Stanley Hsu -- Dyslipidemia: Pathogenesis and Management / Om P. Ganda -- Dermatological Complications of Diabetes Mellitus; Allergy to Insulin and Oral Agents / George I. Varghese, Ellen S. Marmur and Mathew C. Varghese --Part 7. Related disorders -- Obesity - Genetics, Pathogenesis, Therapy / William C. Hsu, Kalliopi M. Arampatzi and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Hypertension / Samy I. McFarlane, Ho Won Lee, Sara Choudhry and Nathaniel Winer -- Coronary Artery Disease and Cardiomyopathy / Richard B. Devereux -- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome / Susan B. Zweig, Marsha C. Tolentino, Marina Strizhevsky and Leonid Poretsky -- Insulin Resistance and the Metabolic Syndrome / Mary Ann Banerji and Rochelle L. Chaiken -- Diabetes and Liver Disease / Douglas F. Meyer and Henry C. Bodenheimer -- The Increased Risk of Cancer in Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes: Potential Mechanisms / Emily Jane Gallagher, Ruslan Novosyadlyy, Shoshana Yakar and Derek LeRoith -- Diabetes and Sleep Disorders / Abhijith Hegde and Steve H. Salzman -- HIV Infection and Diabetes / Madhu N. Rao, Kathleen Mulligan and Morris Schambelan -- Part 8. Therapy of diabetes mellitus-general principles -- Glycemic Goals / David J. Brillon -- Behavioral and Educational Approaches to Diabetes Self-Management / Maria A. Mendoza, Monique Welbeck and Grishma Parikh -- Dietary Therapy of Diabetes Mellitus / Gladys Witt Strain, Rosalia Doyle and Faith Ebel -- Exercise in the Therapy of Diabetes Mellitus / Sefton Vergano, Rajiv Bhambri and Stephen H. Schneider -- Therapy of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus / Pejman Cohan and Anne L. Peters -- Treating Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Susan Herzlinger and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Prevention of Microvascular Complications of Diabetes - General Overview / Vincent Yen -- Psychiatric Care of the Patient with Diabetes / Jennifer L. Kraker and Stephen J. Ferrando -- Management of Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in the Hospital Setting / Samantha DeMauro-Jablonski and Silvio E. Inzucchi -- The Future of Diabetes Therapy / Graham T. McMahon -- Part 9. Diabetes prevention -- Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus / Paolo Pozzilli and Chiara Guglielmi -- Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Edward S. Horton -- Part 10. Resources for Patients with Diabetes / Marina Krymskaya.
- Principles of hormone/behavior relations 2004, ScienceDirect
- Progestins and the mammary gland 2008, Springer
- Prostate cancer 2008, SpringerHistopathology and molecular biology of prostate atrophy: a lesion associated with inflammation, prostate intraepithelial neoplasia, and prostate cancer -- Epigenetic gene silencing in prostate cancer -- Inherited genetic changes in prostate cancer -- Prostate molecular oncogenesis: gene deletions and somatic mutations -- Somatic genetic changes in prostate cancer: androgen receptor alterations -- Androgen receptor in prostate cancer progression -- Epigenetic modification and aceylation of androgen receptor regulate prostate cellular growth -- Estrogen receptor a [alpha] and b [beta] in the regulation of normal and malignant prostate epithelium -- Estrogen action in normal prostate epithelium and in prostate cancer -- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 in the angiogenesis of prostate cancer -- Signal transduction by the Ras-MAP kinase pathway in prostate cancer progression -- Transcription factors STAT5 and STAT3: survival factors for prostate cancer cells -- Role of P13K-Akt and PTEN in the growth and progression of prostate cancer -- New perspectives in prediction of clinical outcome of prostate cancer; TMPRSS2-ETS gene fusion in prostate cancer -- New directions in radiation therapy of prostate cancer: brachytherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy -- The current knowledge of hormonal therapy in the treatment of prostate cancer -- Advances in surgical intervention of porstate cancer: comparison of the benefits and pitfalls of retropubic, perineal, and laparoscopic radical prostatectormy -- Targeted therapy trials for prostate cancer -- New perspectives on chemotherapy in prostate cancer -- Concluding remarks: the future of prostate cancer.
- Regulation of Sertoli cell and germ cell differentiation 2005, Springer
- Overview of the pancreas -- Physiology of the pancreas -- Common pancreatic disease -- Circulating RAS -- Local RAS -- Pancreatic RAS -- Basic techniques for pancreatic research -- Current research of the RAS in diabetes mellitus -- Current research concerning the RAS in pancreatic stem cells -- Current research of the RAS in pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
- Reproductive endocrinology 2009, SpringerBasis for molecular reproductive biology -- Introduction to the molecular organization of the endocrine/reproductive system -- Extracellular signaling receptors -- Molecules that transmit information into the cell: the intracellular signaling pathways -- Introduction to molecular biology: structure and function of the macromolecules of genetic information -- Regulation of gene expression -- Molecular basis of abnormal phenotype -- Tools of molecular reproductive biology -- Recombinant DNA technology -- Techniques for DNA analysis -- Analyzing gene expression -- DNA microarray analysis -- Computer assisted analysis of genes -- Introduction to gene therapy -- Molecular regulation of reproductive hormones -- GnRH-GnRH-receptor system in the mammalian female reproductive tract -- FSH: one hormone with multiple forms, or a family of multiple hormones -- FSH receptor: one receptor with multiple forms or a family of receptors -- Regulation of the early steps in gonadal steroidogenesis -- Prostaglandins and their mechanisms of action in the cyclic ovary -- Androgens: molecular basis and related disorders -- Leptin as a reproductive hormone -- Neurosteroids and sexual behavior and reproduction -- Molecular regulation of the reproductive organs and tissues -- Autocrine and paracrine regulation of the ovary -- Ovarian endocrine activity: role of follistatin, activin, and inhibin -- Hormonal and molecular regualtion of the cytochrome P450 aromatase gene expression in the ovary -- Epigenetic mechanisms of ovarian gene regulation -- Ovarian function and failure: the role of the oocyte and its molecules -- Molecular control of corpus luteum function -- Molecular landscape of spermatogonial stem cell renewal, meiotic sex chromosome inactivation, and spermatic head shaping.
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility 2010, SpringerCharacteristics of a successful R.E.I. clinic and laboratory -- Assisted reproductive technology practice management -- Collaboration within the reproductive endocrinology and infertility practice: integration of laboratory and clinic operations -- Informed consent in advanced reproductive technology -- Reproductive laboratory regulations, certifications and reporting systems -- Successfully integrating the FDA regulations into your practice -- Psychosocial consequences of infertility and treatment -- A live baby or your money back: the marketing of in vitro fertilization procedures -- Ovulation: a molecular view -- Clinical evaluation of female factor infertility -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- The current status for Metformin use in reproductive medicine -- Clinical aspects of endometriosis -- Common endocrinopathies in reproductive endocrinology -- Acquired uterine factors and infertility -- Mullerian (paramesonephric) anomalies and associated Wolffian (mesonephric) duct malformations -- Recurrent miscarriage -- Laparoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of female infertility -- Turner syndrome -- Errors in chromosome segregation during oogenesis and early embryogenesis -- An overview of sperm production -- Meiotic recombination and errors during spermatogenesis -- Clinical evaluation and treatment of male factor infertility -- Semen analysis: essentials for the clinician -- Sperm capacitation, the acrosome reaction, and fertilization -- Advanced tests of sperm function -- Genetic testing of male infertilityVaricocele and male infertility -- Sperm retrieval techniques -- The clinical utility of the evaluation of sperm chromatin -- Artificial insemination: intrauterine insemination -- Sperm preparation for artificial insemination -- Sperm banking, donation, and transport in the age of assisted reproduction: federal and state regulation -- Reproductive treatment of HIV-1 discordant couples -- Ovulation induction -- Transvaginal sonography in reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- Establishing the IVF laboratory: a systems view -- Preparation and selection of sperm for IVF and ICSI -- The genetic and epigenetic contributions of sperm to early embryogenesis -- Micromanipulation of human oocytes and embryos: applications of intracytoplasmic sperm injection and assisted hatching in infertility treatment -- Embryo culture techniques -- In-vitro maturation of human oocytes -- Integrating preimplantation genetic diagnosis into the ART laboratory -- Evaluation and selection of preimplantation embryos for transfer -- Embryo transfer in IVF: evidence-based clinical practice -- Cryopreservation of human oocytes and embryos -- Preserving fertility -- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome -- Pregnancy outcomes in infertile couples -- The impact of complementary medicine on in-vitro fertilization -- Designing a clinical research infrastructure -- Integrating research into a clinical practice -- Research regulations: the role of the Institutional Review Board -- Technology transfer and its role in the practice of reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- The environment and reproduction: endocrine disruption, reproductive impairment, and epigenetics.
- Sertoli cell biology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Somatotrophic axis in brain function 2006, ScienceDirect
- Stem cells in endocrinology 2005, SpringerGeneration of islet-like structures from ES cells / Nadya Lumelsky -- The therapeutic potential of liver repopulation for metabolic or endocrine disorders / Sanjeev Gupta -- The manipulation of mesenchymal stem cells for bone repair / Shelley R. Winn -- Spermatogenesis from transplanted spermatogenic stem cells / Michael D. Griswold and Derek McLean -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in the treatment of autoimmune endocrine disease / Jody Schumacher and Ewa Carrier -- Preclinical trials for stem cell therapy / Linda B. Lester, K.Y. Francis Pau, and Don P. Wolf.Pt. I. Basic stem cell biology. Embryonic stem cells: derivation, properties, and therapeutic implications / Victor L. Browning and Jon S. Odorico -- Germ line stem cells / Makoto C. Nagano -- Umbilical cord stem cells / Kathy E. Mitchell -- Differentiation potential of adult stem cells / Henry E. Young and Asa C. Black, Jr. -- Growth conditions for primate vs murine embryonic stem cells / Gillian M. Beattie ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. Translational research. Islet precursor cells in adult pancreatic islets / Gladys Teitelman and Irem Nasir -- Transcription factor-directed differentiation of stem cells along an endocrine lineage / William L. Lowe, Jr. --
- SuperMEN1 2009, SpringerMEN1 clinical background / Peter Igaz -- Genetic background of MEN1 : from genetic homogeneity to functional diversity / Patrick Gaudray and Günther Weber -- Menin : the protein behind the MEN1 syndrome / Maria Papaconstantinou ... [et al.] -- Cellular functions of menin / Geoffrey N. Hendy, Hiroshi Kaji and Lucie Canaff -- The role of menin in hematopoiesis / Ivan Maillard and Jay L. Hess -- Role of menin in bone development / Hiroshi Kaji, Lucie Canaff and Geoffrey N. Hendy -- Activin, TGF-€ and menin in pituitary tumorigenesis / Jean-Jacques Lebrun -- The role of menin in parathyroid tumorigenesis / Colin Davenport and Amar Agha -- Role of menin in neuroendocrine tumorigenesis / Terry C. Lairmore and Herbert Chen -- Adrenal tumors in MEN1 syndrome and the role of menin in adrenal tumorigenesis / Attila Patocs, Katalin Balogh and Karoly Racz -- Functional studies of menin through genetic manipulation of the MEN1 homolog in mice / Dheepa Balasubramanian and Peter C. Scacheri.
- Surgery of the thyroid and parathyroid glands 2007, Springer
- Surgical pathology of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors 2009, SpringerImaging of endocrine and neuroendocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of endocrine tumors -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of neuroendocrine tumors arising in non-endocrine organs -- Tumors of the pituitary gland -- Tumors of thyroid gland : non-C cell tumors -- Tumors of the thyroid gland (C-cells) -- Tumors of parathyroid gland -- Tumors of the adrenal cortex -- Tumors of the adrenal medulla and extra-adrenal paraganglia -- Endocrine tumors of the lung and upper airways -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract -- Neuroendocrine tumours of the breast -- Neuroendocrine tumors of female genital tract -- Neuroendocrine tumors of prostate, urinary bladder, and kidney -- Neuroendocrine tumors of other miscellaneous sites : thymus and skin -- Endocrine tumors and tumor-like lesions of infancy, childhood, and adolescents and inherited tumor syndromes -- Application of molecular diagnosis techniques in the diagnosis and management of endocrine tumors.
- Testosterone and aging 2003, NAP
- Textbook of nephro-endocrinology. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPart I: The kidney as an endocrine organ -- Section I: Erythropoietin -- Erythropoietin: an historical overview of physiology, molecular biology and gene regulation / David R. Mole, Peter J. Ratcliffe -- Erythropoiesis: the roles of erythropoietin and iron / Herbert Y. Lin -- Extra-hematopoietic action of erythropoietin / Zheqing Cal, Gregg L. Semenza -- Development of recombinant erythropoietin and erythropoietin analogs / Iain C. Macdougall -- Erythropoietin, anemia and kidney disease / Ajay K. Singh ... [et al.] -- Section II: Vitamin D, PTH and novel regulators of phosphate -- Vitamin D and the kidney: introduction and historical perspective / Tejas Patel, Ajay K. Singh --- Vitamin D: molecular biology and gene regulation / Adriana S. Dusso, Alex J. Brown -- Endocrine regulation of phosphate homeostasis / Harald Jüppner, Anthony A. Portale -- Section III: Renin-Angiotensin -- The history of the renin-angiotensin system / Joel Menard -- Molecular biology of renin and regulation of its gene / Timothy L. Reudelhuber, Daniel F. Catanzaro -- Physiology and regulation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system / Robert M. Carey, Shetal H. Padia -- The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and the kidney / Benjamin Ko, George Bakris -- The renin-angiotensin system and the heart / Aaron J. Trask, Carlos M. Ferrario -- Renin-angiotensin blockage: therapeutic agents / Domenic A. Sica --Part II: The kidney as a hormonal target -- Section IV: Antidiuretic hormone -- Vasopressin in the kidney: historical aspects / Lynn E. Schlanger, Jeff M. Sands -- Molecular biology and gene regulation of vasopressin / Swasti Tiwari, Carolyn A. Ecelbarger -- Vasopressin antagonists in physiology and disease / Tomas Berl, Robert W. Schrier -- Diabetes insipidus and SIADH / Michael L. Moritz, Juan Carlos Ayus -- Section V: The atrial peptides -- ANP, BNP and CNP: physiology and pharmacology of the cardiorenal axis / Candace Y. W. Lee, John C. Burnett Jr -- Section VI: Aldosterone -- Aldosterone: history and introduction / John Coghlan, James F. Tait -- Aldosterone receptors and their renal effects: molecular biology and gene regulation / Celso E. Gomez-Sanchez, Elise P. Gomes-Sanchez, Mario Galigniana -- Aldosterone and its cardiovascular effects / Rajesh Garg, Gail K. Adler -- Regulation of aldosterone production / William E. Rainey, Windy B. Bollag, Carlos M. Isales -- Section VII: Endocrine disorders in renal failure -- Insulin resistance and diabetes in chronic renal disease / Donald C. Simonson -- Growth hormone / John D. Mahan -- Sexual dysfunction in men and women with chronic kidney disease / Biff F. Palmer -- Thyroid status in chronic renal failure patients: a non-thyroidal illness syndrome / Victoria S. Lim, Manish Suneja -- Metabolic acidosis of chronic kidney disease / Jeffrey A. Kraut, Glenn T. Nagami -- Pregnancy and the kidney / Chun Lam, S. Ananth Karumanchi.
- Thymus gland 2007, Springer
- Thymus gland pathology 2008, Springer
- Thyroid and heart failure 2009, Springer
- Thyroid cancer 2012, Springer
- Thyroid cancer. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Thyroid cancer. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Thyroid cytopathology 2005, Springer
- Thyroid disease 2005, SpringerForeword vii -- Preface -- Acknowledgments -- Part 1. Physiology, testing, and common thyroid disorders -- Introduction -- Thyroid testing and imaging -- Graves' disease -- Other causes of hyperthyroidism -- Thyroid ophthalmopathy -- Hypothyroidism -- Subclinical thyroid disease -- Hashimoto's thyroiditis -- Thyroid disease in pregnancy and post partum -- Thyroid disease in children and adolescents -- Thyroid nodules and cancer -- Management of thyroid cancer patients -- Part 2. Challenging thyroid disorders and current controversies -- Challenging cases of hyperthyroidism -- Treatment of Graves' disease: a personal perspective -- Iatrogenic hyperthyroidism -- Final thoughts -- Index.
- Thyroid disorders with cutaneous manifestations 2008, SpringerAnatomy and Embryology of the Thyroid Gland / Gabriel Wong and Scott Schaffer -- Hormones / Airani Sathananthan, Kimberly A. Placzkowski and John C. Morris -- Classification and Epidemiology of Thyroid Disease / Ghada Haddad and Steven Kaufman -- Laboratory Diagnosis of Thyroid Disease / Reagan Schiefer and Vahab Fatourechi -- Thyroglossal Duct Cysts / Lisa M. Reid -- Thyroid Cancer and the Skin / Robert A. Somer and Nati Lerman -- Chromosomes, Genes, and the Thyroid Gland / Analisa V. Halpern and Rhonda E. Schnur -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Hyperthyroidism / Clara-Dina Cokonis, Carrie W. Cobb, Warren R. Heymann and Chad M. Hivnor -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Hypothyroidism / Sandra A. Kopp, Pascal G. Ferzli, Chad M. Hivnor and Warren R. Heymann -- Pretibial Myxedema (Thyroid Dermopathy) / Vahab Fatourechi -- Alopecia and Thyroid Disease / Michelle Babb-Tarbox and Wilma F. Bergfeld -- Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria and Thyroid Disease / Jeffrey S Rumbyrt and Alan L Schocket -- Dermatologic Disorders Associated with Thyroid Disease / Joslyn Sciacca Kirby and William D. James -- Potential Therapeutic Uses of Thyroid Hormone / Joshua D. Safer and Michael F. Holick.
- Thyroid function testing 2010, SpringerThyroid Hormone Metabolism / Stephen A. Huang and Luciana A. de Castro Neves -- Genetic Influences on Thyroid Function Tests / Wendy M. van der Deure, Marco Medici, Robin P. Peeters and Theo J. Visser -- Influence of Iodine Deficiency and Excess on Thyroid Function Tests / Maria Andersson and Michael B. Zimmermann -- Regulation of Thyroid Hormone Production and Measurement of Thyrotropin / Jerome M. Hershman -- Measurements of Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine / Jim R. Stockigt -- Thyroid Autoantibody Measurement / R. A. Ajjan and A. P. Weetman -- Thyroglobulin Measurement / Carole Spencer and Ivana Petrovic -- Thyroid Function Testing in Ambulatory Practice / Angela M. Leung and Alan P. Farwell -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Infants and Children / Alicia G. Marks and Stephen H. LaFranchi -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Hospitalized Patients / Jonathan S. LoPresti and Komal S. Patil -- Assessing Thyroid Function in Pregnancy / John H. Lazarus, Offie P. Soldin and Carol Evans -- Assessing Thyroid Function in the Elderly / Mary H. Samuels -- Influence of Drugs on Thyroid Function Tests / Sonia Ananthakrishnan and Elizabeth N. Pearce.
- Thyroid gland development and function 2007, KargerMurine models for the study of thyroid gland development / M. De Felice, R. Di Lauro -- Familial forms of thyroid dysgenesis / M. Castanet, M. Polak, J. Léger -- Possible non-Mendelian mechanisms of thyroid dysgenesis / J. Deladoëy, G. Vassart, G. Van Vliet -- Thyroid imaging in children / C. Garel, J. Léger -- Clinical and biological consequences of iodine deficiency during pregnancy / D. Glinoer -- Ontogenesis of thyroid function and interactions with maternal function / M.J. Obregon ... [et al.] -- New phenotypes in thyroid dyshormonogenesis: hypothyroidism due to DUOX2 mutations / J.C. Moreno, T.J. Visser -- Thyroid hormone transporter defects / A. Grüters -- Novel biological and clinical aspects of thyroid hormone metabolism / A.M. Dumitrescu, S. Refetoff -- Papillary and follicular thyroid cancers in children / V. Vasko ... [et al.] -- Hereditary medullary thyroid carcinoma: how molecular genetics made multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 a paediatric disease / G. Szinnai, S. Sarnacki, M. Polak.
- Thyroid hormone receptors 2002, Springer Protocols
- Thyroid neoplasms 2005, ScienceDirectGene rearrangements in thryoid cancer -- Molecular markers of thyroid nodules -- Ultrasound in the diagnosis and management of thyroid cancer -- Controversies in the use of radioiodine for remnant ablation and therapy of thyroid carcinoma -- Thyroglobulin measurements in thryoid cancer evaluation and surveillance -- The role of fluoro-deoxy glucose (FDG) positron emission tomorgraphy (PET) in the management of differentiated thyroid cancer -- Preclinical studies of chemotherapy for undifferentiated thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Thyroid neoplasms in children and adolescents.
- Thyroid ultrasound and ultrasound-guided FNA. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Tissue-specific estrogen action 2007, Springer
- Toxicology of the pancreas 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Traditional medicines for modern times 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Treatment of the obese patient 2007, SpringerNeuroregulation of appetite / Ofer Reizes, Stephen C. Benoit, and Deborah J. Clegg -- Gut peptides / Vian Amber and Stephen R. Bloom -- Endocannabanoids and energy homeostasis / Stephen C. Woods and Daniela Cota -- Obesity and adipokines / Nicole H. Rogers, Martin S. Obin, and Andrew S. Greenberg -- Free fatty acids, insulin resistance, and ectopic fat / David E. Kelley -- Critical importance of the perinatal period in the development of obesity / Barry E. Levin -- Measurement of body composition in obesity / Jennifer L. Kuk and Robert Ross -- Energy expenditure in obesity / Leanne M. Redman and Eric Ravussin -- Socioeconomics of obesity / Roland Sturm and Yuhua Bao -- Assessment of the obese patient / Daniel H. Bessesen -- Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Romana Dmitrovic and Richard S. Legro -- Weight management in diabetes prevention : translating the Diabetic Prevention Program into clinical practice / F. Xavier Pi-Sunyer -- Reductions in dietary energy density as a weight management strategy / Jenny H. Ledikwe ... [et al.] -- Glycemic index, obesity, and diabetes / Cara B. Ebbeling and David S. Ludwig -- Low-carbohydrate diets / Angela P. Makris and Gary D. Foster -- Physical activity and obesity / John M. Jakicic ... [et al.] --Motivational interviewing in medical settings : application to obesity conceptual issues and evidence review / Ken R. Resnicow and Abdul Shaikh -- Weight-loss drugs : current and on the horizon / George A. Bray and Frank L. Greenway -- Surgical approaches and outcomes : treatment of the obese patient / George L. Blackburn and Vivian M. Sanchez -- Managing micronutrient deficiencies in the bariatric surgical patient / Robert F. Kushner -- Lessons learned from the national weight control registry / James O. Hill ... [et al.] -- Pediatric obesity / Lawrence D. Hammer.
- Type 1 diabetes 2012, Springer
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus 2008, SpringerEpidemiology of Type 2 Diabetes -- Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Metabolic mechanisms of muscle insulin resistance -- Fat metabolism in insulin resistance and Type 2 Diabetes -- Detection and diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes - Therapies for delay or prevention of Type 2 Diabetes -- Postprandial hyperglycemia -- Medical nutrition therapy in Type 2 Diabetes -- Exercise as an effective treatment for Type 2 Diabetes -- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: an evidence-based approach to practical management: noninsulin pharmacological therapies -- The transition from oral agents to combination insulin/oral therapy -- Intensive insulin therapy in T2DM -- Hypoglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes -- Type 2 Diabetes and concomitant illness: the prepared practice -- Adherence to practice guidelines for people with Diabetes Mellitus -- Treatment of hypertension in Type 2 Diabetes -- Lipoproteins in Diabetes: risk and opportunity -- Management of coronary artery disease in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Peripheral vascular disease and stroke in Type 2 Diabetes -- Obesity and its treatment in Type 2 Diabetes -- The liver in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Developing criteria for defining Type 2 Diabetes in pregnancy -- Metabolic complications of polycystic ovary syndrome -- Erectile dysfunction in Diabetes -- Sexual dysfunction in women with Type 2 Diabetes -- Depression in Type 2 Diabetes -- Atypical forms in Type 2 Diabetes -- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 and stress: pathophysiology and treatment -- Pharmacologic factors affecting glycemic control -- Influencing self-management: from compliance to collaboration.
- Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome 2005, SpringerPathophysiology of type 2 diabetes -- Guidelines and classifications -- Exercise -- Nutrition -- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome -- Oral agents for type 2 diabetes -- Insulin use -- Macrovascular disease -- Microvascular disease -- Diabetic dyslipidemia -- Hypertension in diabetics -- Glycemic control -- Risk reduction in the diabetic patient.
- Vasopressin and oxytocin 2002, ScienceDirect
- Vitamin D and rickets 2003, Karger
- Vitamin D. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Vitamin D. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2011.Vitamin D, a steroid hormone, has primarily been known for its effects on bone and osteoporosis. Current therapeutic practices have expanded into such fields as cancer research, pediatrics, nephrology, dermatology, immunology, and genetics. This edition covers Vitamin D's chemistry, metabolism, mechanisms of action, diagnosis and management, new analogs, and emerging therapies.
- Werner & Ingbar's The Thyroid. 9th ed. 2005, Ovid
- When puberty is precocious 2007, Springer
- Williams Textbook of endocrinology. 12th ed. 2011, MD ConsultSection I. Hormones and Hormone Action -- Section II. Hypothalamus and Pituitary -- Section III. Thyroid -- Section IV. Adrenal Cortex and Endocrine Hypertension -- Section V. Reproduction -- Section VI. Endocrinology and the Life Span -- Section VII. Mineral Metabolism -- Section VIII. Disorders of Carbohydrate and Metabolism -- Section IX. Body Fat and Lipid Metabolism --Section X. Polyendocrine and Neoplastic Disorders.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty