Books by Subject
EndocrinologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Growth hormone related diseases and therapy 2011, Springer
- Handbook of diabetes management 2006, Springer
- Handbook of neuroendocrinology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeuroendocrinology, the discipline concerned with how the nervous system controls hormonal secretion and how hormones control the brain, is pivotal to physiology and medicine. Neuroendocrinology has disclosed and underpins fundamental physiological, molecular biological and genetic principles such as the regulation of gene transcription and translation, the mechanisms of chemical neurotransmission and intracellular and systemic feedback control systems. Reproduction, growth, stress, aggression, metabolism, birth, feeding and drinking and blood pressure are some of the bodily functions that are triggered and/or controlled by neuroendocrine systems. In turn, neuroendocrine dysfunction due to genetic or other deficits can lead, for example, to infertility, impotence, precocious or delayed puberty, defective or excessive growth, obesity and anorexia, Cushing's Syndrome, hypertension or thyroid disorders. These as well as neuroendocrine tumors are some of the themes covered in the 36 chapters of the Handbook. Drafted by internationally acknowledged experts in the field, the Handbook chapters feature detailed up-to-date bibliographies as well as "how do we know?" call out sections that highlight the experimental or technical foundations for major concepts, principles, or methodological advances in each area. Aimed at senior undergraduate and graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and faculty in neuroscience, medicine, endocrinology, psychiatry, psychology and cognate disciplines, the Handbook of Neuroendocrinology satisfies an unmet need that will prove useful at the laboratory bench as well as in the office.
- Handbook of parathyroid diseases 2012, SpringerPreface -- Foreward -- Mechanisms Underlying Extracellular Calcium Homeostasis -- Preoperative Parathyroid Imaging For the Endocrine Surgeon -- Primary and secondary hyperparathyroidism Testing and Assays -- Symptomatic Primary Hyperparathyroidism Medical therapy -- Surgical Management of Primary Hyperparathyroidism -- Primary Hyperparathyroidism -- Asymptomatic Medical Management -- Surgical Management of Asymptomatic Primary Hyperparathyroidism -- Nonclassic, Extraskeletal Manifestations of Primary Hyperparathyroidism: A Brief Review and Possible Mechanisms -- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism -- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism -- Surgical -- Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism Part I: Pathogenesis, Clinical Features and Medical Management -- Surgical Treatment Of Persistent Hyperparathyroidism After Renal Transplantation -- Bone Density and Fracture Risk in Primary Hyperparathyroidism.-Genetic aspects of Hereditary Hyperparathyroidism -- Hypoparathyroidism and Hypocalcemic states -- Molecular Pathogenesis of Primary Hyperparathyroidism -- Cost-effectiveness of Parathyroidectomy for Primary Hyperparathyroidism.
- History of diabetes in pregnancy 2012, Springer
- Hormonal and genetic basis of sexual differentiation disorders and hot topics in endocrinology 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Genetic disorders of steroids : speakers -- pt. 2. Prenatal diagnosis of congenital adrenal hyperplasia : speakers -- pt. 3. Treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia : speakers -- pt. 4. Receptor defects : speakers -- pt. 5. Psychological aspects of intersex : speakers -- pt. 6. Embryology of sex differentiation : speakers -- pt. 7. Disorders of sex differentiation : speakers -- pt. 8. Hormonal hypertension : speakers -- pt. 9. Skeletal biology : speakers -- pt. 10. Posters.
- Hormonal carcinogenesis. V 2008, Springer
- Hormone assays in biological fluids 2006, Springer ProtocolsImmunoassay techniques / Michael J. Wheeler -- High-performance liquid chromatography for hormone assay / John W. Honour -- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / John W. Honour -- An introduction to PCR techniques / Gill Rumsby -- Methods for the investigation of thyroid function / Christine R. Squire -- Assays for LH, FSH, and prolactin / Michael J. Wheeler -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and related peptides / Les A. Perry -- Measurement of glucocorticoids in biological fluids / Geoff Holder -- Urinary steroid profiling / Norman F. Taylor -- Measurement of aldosterone in blood / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of plasma renin activity / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of androgens / Michael J. Wheeler -- Measurement of gut hormones in plasma / Shahred Taheri, Mohammed Ghatei, and Steve Bloom -- Measurement of melatonin and 6-sulphatoxymelatonin / Benita Middleton.
- Hormone resistance and hypersensitivity 2013, KargerThyroid hormone transporters and resistance / T.J. Visser -- Genetics and epigenetics of parathyroid hormone resistance / M. Bastepe -- Gonadotropin resistance / A.C. Latronico, I.J.P. Arnhold -- Clinical and molecular aspects of androgen insensitivity / O. Hiort -- Exploring the molecular mechanisms of glucocorticoid receptor action from sensitivity to resistance / S. Ramamoorthy, J.A. Cidlowski -- ACTH resistance : genes and mechanisms / E. Meimaridou ... [et al.] -- Primary generalized familial and sporadic glucocorticoid resistance (chrousos syndrome) and hypersensitivity / E. Charmandari, T. Kino, G.P. Chrousos -- Pseudohypoaldosteronism / F.G. Riepe -- New aspects of the physiology of the GH-IGF-1 axis / A. Vottero, C. Guzzetti, S. Loche -- Molecular and clinical aspects of GHRH receptor mutations / V. Corazzini, R. Salvatori -- Current issues on molecular diagnosis of GH signaling defects / E. Feigerlova ... [et al.] -- Molecular IGF-1 and IGF-1 receptor defects : from genetics to clinical management / M.J.E. Walenkamp, M. Losekoot, J.M. Wit -- Phenotypes, investigation, and treatment of primary IGF-1 deficiency / M.O. Savage -- Human congenital perilipin deficiency and insulin resistance / K. Kozusko, S. Patel, D.B. Savage.
- Hormone therapy 2013, SpringerHormone Therapy: A Clinical Handbook provides a comprehensive overview on hormone replacement therapy, with a range of key features that differentiate it from other titles on the topic. This concise, handy title presents an interdisciplinary approach to the subject, acknowledging that sex hormones affect more than reproductive organs and hot flushes for a deeper understanding of how hormones function. The authors provide a breadth and depth of practical prescribing experience, including many helpful tables and algorithms as well as directions for prescribing hormone therapy in the most effective way.
- Hormones and social behaviour 2008, Springer
- Hormones and the brain 2005, Springer
- How gut and brain control metabolism 2014, KargerHormonal control of metabolism by the hypothalamus-autonomic nervous system-liver axis / Kalsbeek, A.; Bruinstroop, E.; Yi, C.-X.; Klieverik, L.; Liu, J.; Fliers, E. -- The blood-brain barrier as a regulator of the gut-brain axis / Schaeffer, M.; Hodson, D.J.; Mollard, P. -- The brain modulates insulin sensitivity in multiple tissues / Parlevliet, E.T.; Coomans, C.P.; Rensen, P.C.N.; Romijn, J.A. -- The important role of sleep in metabolism / Copinschi, G.; Leproult, R. ; Spiegel, K. -- Metabolic interplay between gut bacteria and their host / Duca, F.; Giard, P.; Covasa, M.; Lepage, P. -- The brain-stomach connection / Folgueira, C.; Seoane, L.M.; Casanueva, F.F. -- Prader-Willi syndrome as a model of human hyperphagia / Tauber, M.; Diene, G.; Mimoun, E.; Aabal-Berthoumieu, S.; Mantoulan, C.; Molinas, C.; Muscatelli, F.; Salles, J.P. -- Interactions between the gut, the brain and brown adipose tissue function / van den Beukel, J.C.; Grefhorst, A. -- Gut sweet taste receptors and their role in metabolism / Meyer-Gerspach, A.C.; Wilnerhanssen, B.; Beglinger, C. -- What is the role of metabolic hormones in taste buds of the tongue / Cai, H.; Maudsley, S.; Martin, B. -- Protein PYY and its role in metabolism / Price, S.L.; Bloom, S.R. -- Nutropioids regulate the gut-brain circuit controlling food intake / Mithieux, G. -- Should we consider des-acyl ghrelin as a separate hormone and if so, what does it do? / Delhanty, P.J.D.; Neggers, S.J.; van der Lely, A.J. -- Obestatin : is it really doing something? / Trovato, L.; Gallo, D.; Settanni, F.; Gesmundo, I.; Ghigo, E.; Granata, R.
- IGF-I and IGF binding proteins 2005, KargerThe IGF system: new developments relevant to pediatric practice / Rosenfeld, R.G. -- Clinical relevance of systemic and local IGF-I / Yakar, S. ... [et al.] -- Cartilage disorders: potential therapeutic use of mesenchymal stem cells / Spagnoli, A., Longobardi, L., O'Rear, L. -- Treatment in animal models / Guan, J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin-like growth factor-I and risk of type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease: molecular epidemiology / Sandhu, M.S. -- Quantitative measurement of IGF-I and its use in diagnosing and monitoring treatment of disorders of growth hormone secretion / Clemmons, D.R. -- IGF-I and IGFBP-3 assessment in the management of childhood onset growth hormone deficiency / Cianfarani, S., Liguori, A., Germani, D. -- IGFs and IGFBPs in clinical management of adult growth hormone deficiency / Aimaretti, G. ... [et al.] -- Monitoring of insulin-like growth factors during growth hormone treatment: adulthood growth hormone deficiency / Monson, J.P. -- IGFs and IGFBPs in clinical management: GH insensitivity / Savage, M.O. ... [et al.] -- Childhood and adol[e]scent diabetes / Dunger, D.B., Regan, F.M., Acerini, C.L. -- Insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus: is there a therapeutic role for IGF-1? / Moses, A.C. -- Insulin-like growth factors in the treatment of neurological disease / Leinninger, G.M., Feldman, E.L. -- Insulin-like growth factor system in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / Wilczak, N., De Keyser, J.
- IGFs 2010, Springer
- Imaging endocrine diseases in children 2012, SpringerImaging Endocrine "Diseases" in the Fetus /F. E. Avni, F. Rypens, M. Cassart --Hypophysis and Hypothalamus /Pierre Bessou, Sylviane Hanquinet --Imaging of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Gland /Rick R. van Rijn, Hein J. Verberne --Adrenals /Anne M. J. B. Smets, Eline E. Deurloo --Ambiguous Genitalia /Cinzia Orazi, Marco Cappa, Paolo M. S. Schingo --Female Pelvis: Precocious Puberty--Primary Amenorrhea /Laurent Garel --Imaging Endocrine Diseases in Children /K. Rosendahl --Pancreas /Philippe Petit.
- Immunoendocrinology 2011, Springer
- Immunoendocrinology in health and disease 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 5th ed. 2012, SpringerI. Diagnosis and Treatment: General Principles -- 1. Clinical Approach to Inborn Errors of Metabolism in Pediatrics / Jean-Marie Saudubray -- 2. Inborn Errors of Metabolism in Adults: A Diagnostic Approach to Neurological and Psychiatric Presentations / Frédéric Sedel -- 3. Newborn Screening for Inborn Errors of Metabolism / Bridget Wilcken, Piero Rinaldo, Dietrich Matern -- 4. Diagnostic Procedures: Functional Tests and Post-mortem Protocol / Guy Touati, Fanny Mochel, Daniel Rabier -- 5. Emergency Treatments / Carlo Dionisi-Vici, Hélène Ogier de Baulny -- II. Disorders of Carbohydrate Metabolism -- 6. The Glycogen Storage Diseases and Related Disorders / Pascal Laforêt, David A. Weinstein, G. Peter, A. Smit -- 7. Disorders of Galactose Metabolism / Gerard T. Berry, John H. Walter -- 8. Disorders of the Pentose Phosphate Pathway / Mirjam M.C. Wamelink, Vassili Valayannopoulos, Cornelis Jakobs -- 9. Disorders of Fructose Metabolism / Beat Steinmann, René Santer -- 10. Persistent Hyperinsulinaemic Hypoglycaemia / Pascale de Lonlay, Jean-Marie Saudubray -- 11. Disorders of Glucose Transport / René Santer, Jörg Klepper -- III. Disorders of Mitochondrial Energy Metabolism -- 12. Disorders of Pyruvate Metabolism and the Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle / Linda J. De Meirleir, Michèle Brivet, Angeles Garcia-Cazorla -- 13. Disorders of Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Oxidation and Related Metabolic Pathways / Andrew A.M. Morris, Ute Spiekerkoetter -- 14. Disorders of Ketogenesis and Ketolysis / Andrew A.M. Morris -- 15. Defects of the Respiratory Chain / Arnold Munnich, Agnès Rötig, Marlène Rio -- 16. Creatine Deficiency Syndromes / Sylvia Stöckler-Ipsiroglu, Saadet Mercimek- Mahmutoglu, Gajja S. Salomons -- IV. Disorders of Amino Acid Metabolism and Transport -- 17. Hyperphenylalaninaemia / John H. Walter, Robin H. Lachmann, Peter Burgard -- 18. 18 Disorders of Tyrosine Metabolism / Anupam Chakrapani, Paul Gissen, Patrick McKiernan -- 19. Branched-chain Organic Acidurias/Acidaemias / Hélène Ogier de Baulny, Carlo Dionisi-Vici, Udo Wendel -- 20. Disorders of the Urea Cycle and Related Enzymes / Frits A. Wijburg, Marie-Cécile Nassogne -- 21. Disorders of Sulfur Amino Acid Metabolism / Generoso Andria, Brian Fowler, Gianfranco Sebastio -- 22. Disorders of Ornithine Metabolism / Matthias R. Baumgartner, David Valle -- 23. Cerebral Organic Acid Disorders and Other Disorders of Lysine Catabolism / Georg F. Hoffmann, Stefan Kölker -- 24. Nonketotic Hyperglycinaemia (Glycine Encephalopathy) / Olivier Dulac, Marie-Odile Rolland --25. Disorders of Proline and Serine Metabolism / Jaak Jaeken -- 26. Transport Defects of Amino Acids at the Cell Membrane: Cystinuria, Lysinuric Protein Intolerance and Hartnup Disorder / Kirsti Näntö-Salonen, Harri Niinikoski, Olli G. Simell -- V. Vitamin-Responsive Disorders -- 27. Biotin-responsive Disorders / Matthias R. Baumgartner, Terttu Suormala -- 28. Disorders of Cobalamin and Folate Transport and Metabolism / David Watkins, David S. Rosenblatt, Brian Fowler -- VI. Neurotransmitter and Small Peptide Disorders -- 29. Disorders of Neurotransmission / Àngels García-Cazorla, K. Michael Gibson, Peter T. Clayton -- 30. Disorders in the Metabolism of Glutathione and Imidazole Dipeptides / Ertan Mayatepek, Jaak Jaeken -- 31. Trimethylaminuria and Dimethylglycine Dehydrogenase Deficiency / Valerie Walker, Ron A. Wevers -- VII. Disorders of Lipid and Bile Acid Metabolism -- 32. Dyslipidaemias / Annabelle Rodriguez-Oquendo, Peter O. Kwiterovich, Jr. -- 33. Disorders of Cholesterol Synthesis / Hans R. Waterham, Peter T. Clayton -- 34. Disorders of Bile Acid Synthesis / Peter T. Clayton -- 35. Disorders of Phospholipid and Glycosphingolipid Synthesis / Foudil Lamari, Fréderic Sédel, Jean-Marie Saudubray -- VIII. Disorders of Nucleic Acid and Heme Metabolism -- 36. Disorders of Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism / Georges van den Berghe, M.-Françoise Vincent, Sandrine Marie -- 37. Disorders of Haem Biosynthesis / Charles Marquez Lourenço, Chul Lee, Karl E. Anderson -- IX. Disorders of Metal Transport -- 38. Disorders in the Transport of Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium and Zinc / Marc Bierings, Peter Clayton, Roderick H.J. Houwen -- X. Organelle-Related Disorders: Lysosomes, Peroxisomes, and Golgi and Pre-Golgi Systems -- 39. Disorders of Sphingolipid Metabolism and Neuronal Ceroid-Lipofuscinoses / Marie T. Vanier, Catherine Caillaud -- 40. Mucopolysaccharidoses and Oligosaccharidoses / J. Ed Wraith -- 41. Peroxisomal Disorders / Bwee Tien Poll-The, Patrick Aubourg, Ronald J.A. Wanders -- 42. Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation / Jaak Jaeken -- 43. Cystinosis / Michel Broyer, Patrick Niaudet -- Appendix A. Medications Used in the Treatment of Inborn Errors / JH Walter and JE Wraith.
- Innovative endocrinology of cancer 2008, Springer
- Insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome 2007, Springer1. Evaluation for insulin resistance and comorbidities related to insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- 2. Fat distribution and adipose products in polycystic ovary syndrome / Enrico Carmina -- 3. Treatment of infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome: ovulation induction / Deborah S. Wachs and R. Jeffery Chang -- 4. Imaging studies in polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard,Yann Robert, Yves Ardaens, and Didier Dewailly -- 5. Genes related to metabolic abnormalities or insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome / Hector F. Escobar-Morreale -- 6. Anti-androgens / Kiirşad Ünlühizarci and Fahrettin Keleştimur -- 7. Lipid abnormalities in polycystic ovary syndrome / Djuro Macut -- 8. Serine phosphorylation, insulin resistance, and the regulation of androgen synthesis / Andrew A. Bremer and Walter L. Miller -- 9. Chronic treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome: oral contraceptive pills / Shahla Nader -- 10. Insulin-sensitizing drugs for the treatment of infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome / Cynthia S. Ryan and John E. Nestler -- 11. Diet and lifestyle factors in the etiology and management of polycystic ovary syndrome / R.J. Norman and L.J. Moran -- 12. Adrenarche: the interrelationship of androgens/insulin on the development of the metabolic syndrome/polycystic ovary syndrome / Sharon E. Oberfield, Natasha Leibel, Lauren Antler, Miriam Silfen, Lenore S. Levine, Mary Horlick, Goldy Carbunaru, Ximena Lopez, and Songya Pang -- 13. Cardiovascular disease and inflammation / Francesco Orio, Jr., Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Stefano Palomba -- 14. Surgery and laser diathermy / Stefano Palomba, Fulvio Zullo, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Francesco Orio, Jr. -- 15. Late pregnancy complications in polycystic ovary syndrome / Dimitrios Panidis and Neoklis A. Georgopoulos -- 16. Glucose intolerance / Vincenzo Toscano -- 16. Hormonal and biochemical evaluation of polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz -- 18. Endometrial carcinoma in polycystic ovary syndrome / Emmanuel Diakomanolis -- 19. Statins, oxidative stress, and polycystic ovary syndrome / Pinar H. Kodaman and Antoni J. Duleba -- 20. Glucose intolerance in polycystic ovary syndrome: focus on the [beta]-cell / David A. Ehrmann -- 21. Polycystic ovary syndrome: definitions and epidemiology / Bart C.J.M. Fauser, Frank J. Broekmans, Joop S.E. Laven, Nick S. Macklon, and Basil Tarlatzis -- 22. Anovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome / Steven Franks -- 23. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in polycystic overy syndrome / WalterFutterweit -- 24. "Secondary" polycystic ovary syndrome / Gregory Kaltsas and George Chrousos -- 25. Long-term sequelae of polycystic ovary syndrome: association with insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome / Richard S. Legro -- 26. The Insulin resistance of polycystic ovary syndrome / Marek Demissie, Richard S. Legro, and Andrea Dunaif -- 27. Therapeutic aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / George Mastorakos, Carolina Koliopoulos, and George Creatsas -- 28. Lifestyle intervention in polycystic ovarian syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Tan, and Susanne Hahn -- 29. Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in metabolism and fertility: potential implication in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Uberto Pagotto, Alessandra Gambineri, Valentina Vicennati, and Renato Pasquali -- 30. Insulin resistance: definition and epidemiology in normal women and polycystic ovary syndrome women / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- 31. Clinical evaluation of polycystic ovary syndrome / Ann E. Taylor -- 32. Pharmaceutical intervention in metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors in polycystic ovary syndrome / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis -- 33. Insulin resistance and early pregnancy loss in polycystic ovary syndrome / Daniela Jakubowicz and Susmeeta T. Sharma.
- Insulin therapy 2013, SpringerDiabetes is extremely common, with approximately 171 million people affected worldwide. The majority of people with diabetes are cared for in primary care. Primary health care professionals are usually adept at dealing with the lifestyle measures and tablet treatments for diabetes, but generally have limited expertise in the initiation and management of insulin therapy. Insulin therapy has also become more complex, with numerous different forms of insulin and more complex delivery devices available. In a secondary care setting, approximately 10% of in-patients will have diabetes at any one time. People with diabetes stay in hospital longer than people without diabetes, and the condition is often poorly managed during in-patient stays, often leading to clinical errors. Insulin Therapy: A Pocket Guide provides clear and concise information about the safe prescribing of insulin both subcutaneously and intravenously. It covers the different types of insulin, the delivery devices, side effects of insulin and, most importantly, guidance on rational dose adjustment.This book is an invaluable guide for general practitioners and primary care nurses with a special interest in diabetes, as well as junior hospital doctors and specialist medical trainees, advanced nurse practitioners and new diabetes nurse specialists.
- International practices in pancreatic surgery 2013, SpringerSurgery of the Pancreatic Carcinoma --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Claudio Bassi, Giovanni Butturini, Roberto Salvia --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Jens Werner, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Philippe Bachellier, E. Rosso, D. Jaeck --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Commentary /Tadahiro Takada, Keita Wada, Keiji Sano --Commentary /Andrew L. Warshaw --Chronic Pancreatitis Surgery --Basic Chapter /Hans-Ulrich Schulz, René Mantke, Hans Lippert --Commentary /David B. Adams, Katherine A. Morgan --Commentary /P. C. Bornman --Commentary /Thilo Hackert, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Michael B. Farnell, Ashleigh L. Levendale --Commentary /A. Fingerhut, S. V. Shrikhande, P. J. Shukla --Commentary /Michael G. T. Raraty, John P. Neoptolemos --Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas: SCN, MCN, IPMN --Basic Chapter /Thilo Hackert, Stefan Fritz, Markus W. Büchler --Commentary /Katherine A. Morgan, David B. Adams --Commentary /Roberto Salvia, Marco Dal Molin, Claudio Bassi --Commentary /C. Max Schmidt --Commentary /Masao Tanaka --Surgery of Acute Pancreatitis --Basic Chapter /René Mantke, Hans-Ulrich Schulz, Hans Lippert --Commentary /Hans G. Beger, B. M. Rau, B. Poch --Commentary /Peter Fagenholz, Carlos Fernández-del Castillo --Commentary /H. G. Gooszen --Commentary /C. W. Imrie, C. R. Carter --Commentary /Åke Andrén-Sandberg --Commentary /Michael G. Sarr.
- Islets of Langerhans 2010, Springer
- Kallmann syndrome and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism 2010, KargerMolecular characterization and phenotypic expression of mutations in genes for gonadotropins and their receptors in humans / Salvi, R., Pralong, F.P -- Role of kisspeptin/GPR54 system in human reproductive axis / Silveira, L.F.G. ... [et al.] -- Biology of kisspeptins / Hameed, S., Dhillo, W.S. -- Role of fibroblast growth factor signaling in gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal system development / Chung, W.C.J., Tsai, P.-S. -- FGFR1 mutations in Kallmann syndrome / Villanueva, C., de Roux, N. -- Biology of KAL1 and its orthologs : implications for x-linked Kallmann syndrome and the search for novel candidate genes / MacColl, G.S., Quinton, R., Bülow, H.E. -- Biological actions and interactions of anosmin-1 / Choy, C., Kim, S.H. -- Genotype and phenotype of patients with gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutations / Kim, H.-G. ... [et al.] -- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and GNRH1 mutations in mice and humans / Bouligand, J. ... [et al.] -- Kallmann syndrome caused by mutations in the PROK2 and PROKR2 genes : pathophysiology and genotype-phenotype correlations / Sarfati, J., Dodé, C., Young, J. -- Neurokinin B and its receptor in hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Semple, R.K., Topaloglu, A.K. -- Complex genetics in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Pitteloud, N. ... [et al.] -- Rarer syndromes characterized by hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Aminzadeh, M. ... [et al.].
- Laron syndrome - from man to mouse 2011, SpringerPart I. Clinical Aspects -- 1. History of the Israeli Cohort of Laron Syndrome Patients (1958-2009) / Zvi Laron -- 2. Early Investigations: Characterizations of the Circulating Growth Hormone / Zvi Laron -- 3. Clinical Evidence of Growth Hormone Resistance in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 4. Diagnosis of Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 5. Genetic Aspects / Orit Shevah and Zvi Laron -- 5.1. Genetic Investigations / Orit Shevah and Zvi Laron -- 5.2. Hypothesis of the Origin of Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orit Shevah -- 5.3. Are the Pygmies Laron Syndrome Patients? / Zvi Laron -- 6. Clinical Evaluation / Zvi Laron -- 7. Perinatal Development in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 8. Linear Growth Pattern of Untreated Laron Syndrome Patients / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 9. Head Shape, Size, and Growth of Untreated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 10. Sexual Development in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 11. Sex Hormone Binding Proteins and Sex Hormones in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 11.1. Sex Hormone Binding Proteins / Zvi Laron -- 11.2. Sex Hormones in Untreated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 12. The Adipose Tissue in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 13. Investigations to Determine the Cause of Obesity in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Shira Ginsberg, and Nahum Vaisman -- 14. Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 15. Serum Lipids in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 16. Adiponectin and Leptin in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Hannah Kanety -- 17. Muscle Force and Endurance in Untreated Adult and IGF-I Treated Children with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 18. Bone Mineral Density in Untreated and IGF-I or Alendronate-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 19. Muscle-Bone Relationship in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Yoram Epstein, Amir Hadid, Zvi Laron, Daniel S. Moran, and Nahum Vaisman -- 19.1. Bone Characteristics / Yoram Epstein, Amir Hadid, Zvi Laron, and Daniel S.Moran -- 19.2. Lean Body Mass (LBM) in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Nahum Vaisman -- 20. Imaging Findings in Laron Syndrome / Liora Kornreich and Zvi Laron --21. Ocular Findings in Laron Syndrome / Dan H. Bourla and Dov Weinberger -- 22. Hearing in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Omer Zarchi, and Joseph Attias -- 23. The Teeth in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 24. Hair, Skin, and Nails in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 25. Hand, Foot, and Organ Size and Growth in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Aviva Silbergeld -- 25.1. Hand Size and Growth of Untreated and IGF-I Treated Laron Syndrome Patients / Zvi Laron -- 25.2. Foot Size and Growth in Untreated and IGF-I-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Aviva Silbergeld -- 25.3 Organ Size / Zvi Laron -- 26. Lifelong Serum Growth Hormone Levels in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orly Efros -- 27. IGF-I Binding Proteins in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 28. Serum Prolactin in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Orly Efros -- 29. Thyroid Hormones in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 30. Insulin Secretion and Carbohydrate Metabolism in Patients with Laron Syndrome: From Hypoglycemia to Diabetes Mellitus / Zvi Laron -- 31. Liver Enzymes in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Tsvia Karmon -- 32. The Hematopoietic System in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 33. Cardiovascular Aspects in Laron Syndrome Patients / Mickey Scheinowitz, Micha S. Feinberg, Michael Shechter, Zvi Laron, and Rivka Kauli -- 33.1. Heart Functions in Untreated and IGF-I-Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Mickey Scheinowitz, Micha S. Feinberg, and Zvi Laron -- 33.2. Endothelial Function in Adults with Laron Syndrome (Primary Growth Hormone Insensitivity) / Michael Shechter and Zvi Laron -- 33.3. Intimal Thickness of the Extracranial Arteries in Untreated Adult Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 33.4. Cardiovascular Disease / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 34. Kidney Functions in Untreated and IGF-I Treated Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 35. Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron, Rivka Kauli, and Eyal Rosenzweig -- 35.1. Sleep Quality / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 35.2. Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) / Zvi Laron -- 35.3. Additional Polysomnographic Examinations of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Eyal Rosenzweig and Zvi Laron -- 36. Neurological Aspects in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 37. Orthopedic Problems in Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron and Rivka Kauli -- 38. Psychological Aspects in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 39. Adjustment and Rehabilitation Problems of Children, Adolescents, and Adults with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron --40. Laron Syndrome Patients with Congenital IGF-I Deficiency Seem Protected from Malignant Diseases / Zvi Laron, Rachel Steuerman, and Orit Shevah -- 41. Lifespan and Mortality of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 42. IGF-I Treatment of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 43. IGF-I Stimulation of Head Growth in Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 44. Effects of Long-Term Administration of IGF-I on the Adipose Tissue and Carbohydrate Metabolism in Children with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 45. Comparison of the Growth Promoting Response of IGF-I in Children with Laron Syndrome with that of hGH in Children with Isolated GH Deficiency / Zvi Laron -- 46. IGF-I Treatment of Adult Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 47. Adverse Effects Encountered During IGF-I Treatment of Patients with Laron Syndrome / Zvi Laron -- 48. Summary of the Clinical History: The Laron Syndrome Clock / Zvi Laron -- Part II. The Growth Hormone Receptor "Null" Mouse or the Laron Mouse -- 49. The Laron Mouse / John J. Kopchick and John D. Blischak -- 50. Role of GH/IGF-I Deficiency in Aging / Edward O. List -- 51. Body Composition, Adipose Tissue, and Energy Balance / Darlene E. Berryman -- 52. Metabolism and Metabolic Regulation / Lucila Sackmann-Sala, D. R. Bailey Miles, and John J. Kopchick -- 53. Skeletal Muscle / Juan Ding and John J. Kopchick -- 54. Cardiac Function in GHR-/- Mice / Diana Cruz-Topete and John J. Kopchick -- 55. Bone / Shigeru Okada and Jacob Wright-Piekarski -- 56. GHR Knockout and the CNS / Elahu S. Gosney and John J. Kopchick -- 57. Cancer / Brian D. Bower and John J. Kopchick -- 58. Reproduction / Bruce Kelder -- 59. Conclusions and Future Studies / John J. Kopchick, Hiroyoshi Tanda, Darlene Berryman, and Zvi Laron.
- Leptin 2006, Springer
- Local cardiac renin angiotensin-aldosterone system 2006, Springer
- Local cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone system. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Lymphangiogenesis in cancer metastasis 2009, Springer
- This book pursues a multidisciplinary approach, presenting chapters with updated information on various aspects of treatment for patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Authors have been selected from expert centers in Europe and the United States. The goal of this book is to comprehensively summarize recent data and provide inspiring ideas to optimize the care of patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Neuroendocrine tumors are fascinating multifaceted diseases that can primarily localize in many organs with various presentations. These tumors are rare but their increasing incidence renders likely that physicians caring for cancers may have either already faced or may be certainly exposed to diagnose and/or treat a patient with neuroendocrine tumors. Over the last years, novel therapeutic options have emerged for neuroendocrine tumors, profoundly challenging practices that had previously been the standards for decades. These include - but are not limited to - somatostatin analogues, targeted therapies such as tyrosine kinase and mTOR inhibitors, antiangiogenic compounds, but also peptide-receptor targeted therapy or radioembolization. This changing field has generated novel treatment algorithms to guide medical decisions. To better understand and handle the multidisciplinary approaches that are required for optimizing the care of neuroendocrine tumor patients, physicians are now looking for references from experts and comprehensive reviews summarizing current knowledge on treatments for patients with neuroendocrine tumors.
- Managing diabetes 2012, SpringerManaging Diabetes is a up-to-date, comprehensive showcase of the current pharmaceutical trends in treating diabetes and provides a unbiased, inclusive discussion of current and emerging treatments by well-known experts in the field.
- McGraw-Hill manual. Endocrine surgery / 2010, AccessSurgery1. Thyroid nodule -- 2. Goiter -- 3. Hyperthyroidism --4. Papillary thyroid carcinoma -- 5. Follicular thyroid carcinoma and oncocytic (Hürthle cell) carcinoma -- 6. Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- 7. Anaplastic thyroid carcinoma, metastases to the thyroid gland, and thyroid lymphoma -- 8. Primary hyperparathyroidism -- 9. Persistent and recurrent hyperparathyroidism -- 10. Secondary and tertiary hyperparathyroidism -- 11. Parathyroid Carcinoma -- 12. Incidentalomas and metastases to the adrenal gland -- 13. Hyperaldosteronism -- 14. Hypercortisolism -- 15. Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma -- 16. Adrenocortical carcinoma -- 17. Insulinoma -- 18. Gastrinoma -- 19. Carcinoid tumors -- 20. Other functional and nonfunctional neuroendocrine tumors -- 21. Multiple endocrine neoplasia Ttype 1 -- 22. Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 -- 23. von Hippel-Lindau disease.
- Metabolic syndrome 2008, SpringerPart 1. Metabolic Syndrome - Past and Future -- Metabolic Syndrome - Past and Future : An Introduction to the Features of This Book / Barbara Caleen Hansen, Rosemary Peternel and George A. Bray -- I. Epidemiology And Clinical Treatment: Issues In Defining And Treating The Metabolic Syndrome -- Metabolic Syndrome : To Be or Not to Be? / Gerald M. Reaven -- The Role of Obesity in Insulin Resistance : Epidemiological and Metabolic Aspects / James B. Meigs -- Treatment of the Metabolic Syndrome with Weight Loss, Exercise, Hormones, and Surgery / George A. Bray -- Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, and Cardiovascular Disease : An Epidemiological Perspective / Earl S. Ford and Simin Liu -- The Sympatho-Adrenal System in the Metabolic Syndrome / Lewis Landsberg -- II. Endothelial Function, Inflammation, and Dyslipidemia -- Insulin Action and Endothelial Function / Kieren J. Mather, Alain Baron and Michael J. Quon -- Macro- and Microvascular Disease in an Insulin-Resistant Pre-Diabetic Animal Model : The JCR:LA-cp Rat / James C. Russell and Spencer D. Proctor -- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein and the Metabolic Syndrome / Yiqing Song, Simin Liu and Joann E. Manson -- Insulin Signaling in Adipocytes and the Role of Inflammation / Christian X. Andersson, Ann Hammarstedt, Per-Anders Jansson and Ulf Smith -- Insulin Resistance and Dyslipidemia / Tina J. Chahil, Gissette Reyes and Henry N. Ginsberg -- III. Insulin - Secretion and Action: Underlying Mechanisms of the Metabolic Syndrome -- Pancreatic Islet Pathophysiology and Pathology in Obesity / Anne Clark, Jenni Moffitt, Lianne Van De Laar, Katherine Pinnick and Farhina Sayyed -- Glucagon-like Peptides and Insulin Sensitivity / Jens Juul Holst and Filip Krag Knop -- The Relationship Between the Insulin Receptor Substrates and Metabolic Disease / Morris F. White -- Insulin Resistance and Inhibitors of the Insulin Receptor Tyrosine Kinase / Jack F. Youngren -- Fat Feeding and Muscle Fat Deposition Eliciting Insulin Resistance : An Update / E. W. Kraegen, G. J. Cooney, Jiming M. Ye and Stuart M. Furler -- Alterations in Atypical Protein Kinase C Activation in Insulin Resistance Syndromes / Robert V. Farese -- The Liver, Glucose Homeostasis, and Insulin Action in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Jerry Radziuk and Susan Pye -- Chronomics of the Metabolic Syndrome / Barbara Caleen Hansen.
- Microbial endocrinology 2010, Springer
- "Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery is the first textbook which includes a comprehensive review of both minimally invasive and robotic thyroid and parathyroid techniques. Over the last several years there has been a rapid expansion in the number of different surgical approaches available to patients undergoing thyroid and parathyroid surgery. This book consolidates these in one source and focuses on both the philosophy and techniques of these procedures. For thyroid surgery, the text covers the full range of minimally invasive procedures and several of the most widely adopted remote access techniques. Several related procedures are also discussed, including minimally invasive approaches to central and lateral neck dissection. For parathyroid surgery, several minimally invasive techniques are covered, including radioguided surgery. Written by experts in the field of thyroid and parathyroid surgery, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery serves as a critical resource for both experienced and less experience surgeons, fellows, residents, and students interested in understanding the breadth of this field or learning the specific steps of a particular technique."--Publisher's website.
- Minimally invasive thyroidectomy 2012, SpringerThis book describes in detail the various techniques of minimally invasive thyroidectomy that have emerged in recent years and presents the new supportive equipment, including intraoperative monitoring and energy devices. In addition, the basic preoperative techniques that are a prerequisite to successful thyroidectomy are covered, and individual chapters are devoted to complications, outcomes, and post-thyroidectomy quality of life. Important related topics are also discussed, including guidelines for managing papillary and medullary thyroid cancer and the surgical management of metastatic lymph nodes. Both the editors and the authors are internationally renowned experts, and they include the founders of several of the techniques described. The up-to-date text is supplemented by many color pictures and medical illustrations, making the book very user-friendly and ideal for the busy surgeon or endocrinologist who is interested in the management of thyroid diseases.
- Molecular biology of the parathyroid 2005, Springer
- Molecular endocrinology. 3rd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectClassical endocrinology --Nonclassical endocrinology --Overview of receptors and transducers --Kinetics --Nuclear receptors --Membrane receptors --Receptor regulation --G proteins and cyclic nucleotides --Calcium, calmodulin, and phospholipids --Miscellaneous second messengers --Phosphorylation and other nontranscriptional effects of hormones --Hormonally regulated transcription factors --Modifications and conformations of DNA and nuclear proteins --Posttranscriptional control --Pathogen-endocrine system interactions --Molecular bases of endocrinopathies --Molecular evolution of the endocrine system.
- Molecular pathology of endocrine diseases 2010, SpringerMolecular oncogenesis -- Systematic autoimmune diseases -- MicroRNAs in endocrine diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of thyroid diseases -- Autoimmune thyroid diseases -- Benign nodular thyroid disease -- Fine needle aspiration: present and future -- Well-differentiated papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Well-differentiated thyroid follicular carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated and undifferentiated thyroid carcinomas -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Unusual thyroid tumors -- Hematopoietic tumors of the thyroid -- Clinical detection and treatment of parathyroid diseases -- Nonneoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Neoplastic parathyroid diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of benign and malignant pituitary diseases -- Nonneoplastic and neoplastic pituitary diseases -- Clinical detection and treatment of adrenal disease -- Benign and malignant pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas -- Benign and malignant diseases of the adrenal cortex -- Clinical detection and treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors -- Pancreatic endocrine neoplasms -- Gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Head and neck neuroendocrine tumors -- Merkel cell carcinoma -- Neuroendocrine lung tumors.
- Molecular pathology of the pituitary 2004., Karger
- Monogenic hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia disorders 2012, KargerHistorical perspective on the genetic forms of congenital hyperinsulinism / Stanley, C.A., Matschinsky, F.M. -- Biochemistry and physiology of the ATP-sensitive potassium channel / Remedi, M.S., Nichols, C.G. -- Pathophysiology of diffuse ATP-sensitive potassium hyperinsulinism / De León, D.D., Stanley, C.A. -- Molecular defects of ATP-sensitive potassium channels in congenital hyperinsulinism / Shyng, S.-L. ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms and clinical pathophysiologies of focal ATP-sensitive potassium hyperinsulinism and Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome / Arnoux, J.-B. ... [et al.] -- Pancreatic histopathology of hyperinsulinism / Suchi, M., Bhatti, T.R., Ruchelli, E.D. -- Localization of a focal lesion of congenital hyperinsulinism : imaging and surgery / States, L.J., Adzick, N.S. -- Role of incretin hormones in hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia / De León, D.D. -- Glutamate dehydrogenase : structure, regulation, and its role in insulin homeostasis / Smith, T.J. -- Congenital hyperinsulinism due to activating mutations of glutamate dehydrogenase : the hyperinsulinism/hyperammonemia syndrome / Kelly, A., Palladino, A., Stanley, C.A. -- Amino acid-stimulated insulin secretion : the role of the glutamine-glutamate-alpha-ketoglutarate axis / Li, C., Matschinsky, F.M., Stanley, C.A. -- Tissue specificity of glutamate dehydrogenase as illustrated in pancreatic beta-cells and the central nervous system / Carobbio, S. ... [et al.] -- The molecular genetics and pathophysiology of congenital hyperinsulinism caused by short-chain 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency / Molven, A. ... [et al.] -- Hyperinsulinism due to activating mutations of glucokinase / Sayed, S., Matschinsky, F., Stanley, C.A. -- Hyperinsulinism due to mutations of uncoupling protein 2 / Del Mar Gonzalez-Barroso, M., de Lonlay, P., Ricquier, D. -- Exercise-induced hyperinsulinism : a failure of monocarboxylate transporter 1 expression silencing / Otonkoski, T., Meissner, T. -- HNF4A and hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia / Kapoor, R.R., James, C.T., Hussain, K.
- Multi-system endocrine disruption 2011, Springer
- Multiple origins of sex differences in brain 2013, SpringerIn theoretical terms, sex differences in brain and behavior offer the possibility of fascinating scientific studies on a range of molecular phenomena such as DNA methylation, chromatin protein modification, non-coding DNA, resulting in important neuroanatomical and neurochemical effects. However, this general subject has been treated with much hyperbole. Historically, sex differences were assumed to be present where they did not really exist, e.g. with respect to mathematics, executive leadership, etc. etc. Under what circumstances do we really care about sex differences in brain and behavior? These circumstances concern human maladies whose diagnoses are much different between boys and girls, or between women and men. Prominent examples to be discussed today will include autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorders and congenital adrenal hyperplasia. The meeting will end with a consideration of effects of estrogenic hormones on the injured brain, and their roles as protective agents.
- Muscle metabolism 2002, CRCnetBASEPerspectives / Eleazar Shafrir -- I. Insulin Signaling -- 1. Overview: Tyrosine Kinase Signaling in Insulin Action / Martin G. Myers, Jr. -- 2. Defects in Early Insulin Signaling in Skeletal Muscle / M. Dodson Michael and C. Ronald Kahn -- 3. Defects in Intermediate Insulin Signaling in Skeletal Muscle: Phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase and Glucose Transport / Francesco Giorgino -- II. Glucose Transport -- 4. Glucose Transport in Muscle / John O. Holloszy and Lorraine A. Nolte -- 5. The GLUT4 Compartments of Skeletal Muscle / Toolsie Ramlal, Peter Tong, Tony Lam, Romel Somwar, Maureen Charron and Amira Klip -- III. Substrate Utilization -- 6. Adverse Metabolic Consequences of Hyperglycemia ("Glucose Toxicity"): Implications for the Pathogenesis of Diabetes Mellitus / Donald A. McClain -- 7. Cellular Mediators of Glucose-Induced Autoregulation of Hexose Transport / Evgenia Alpert, Hanan Totary and Shlomo Sasson -- 8. Physiological Adaptations in Glucose Utilization of Skeletal Muscle / Julian M.R. Mathoo and Mladen Vranic -- 9. Fatty Acids and Muscle Insulin Resistance / Edward W. Kraegen, Gregory J. Cooney, Jiming Ye, Alison L. Thompson and Stuart M. Furler -- 10. Role of AMP Kinase and Malonyl CoA in Exercise-stimulated Skeletal Muscle Metabolism and Insulin Action / David J. Dean and Neil B. Ruderman -- IV. Transgenic and Genetic Models -- 11. The Use of Mouse Transgenic and Homologous Recombination.
- Neuroendocrine correlates of sleep/wakefulness 2006, SpringerDeals with endocrine regulation of the behavioral state control. This title addresses a wide spectrum of sleep/wakefulness phenomena (both animals and humans), including pathogenesis, diagnosis, and management. It provides a summary of important issues in the neuroendocrine correlates of sleep/wakefulness.
- Neuroendocrine tumors 2011, SpringerGlobal epidemiology of neuroendocrine tumors -- Pathology -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Other genetic syndromes -- Imaging of neuroendocrine tumors -- Surgical management of sporadic gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Management of neuroendocrine tumor hormonal syndromes -- Management of metastatic carcinoid tumors -- Medical management of islet cell carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumors -- Hereditary and sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Adrenocortical carcinoma -- Pheochromocytoma -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part II], Pathological situations and diseases. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectGlucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of healthy and malignant lymphocytes / L.K. Smith, J.A. Cidloski.-- Impact of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal/gonadal axes on trajectory of age-related cognitive decline / C.D. Conrad, H.A. Biomonte-Nelson.-- Menopause and mitochondria: windows into estrogen effects on Alzheimer's disease risk and therapy / V.W. Henderson, R. Diaz Brinton.-- DHEA, important source of sex steroids in men and even more in women / F. Labrie.-- Neuroendocrinology of post-traumatic stress disorder / P. Pervanidou, G.P. Chrousos.-- Assisted reproduction and its neuroendocrine impact on the offspring / C. Kanaka-Gantenbein, S. Sakka, G.P. Chrousos.-- Sex hormone and neuroendocrine aspects of the metobolic syndrome / H. Nawata, T. Watanabe, T. Yanase, M. Nomura, K. Ashida, L. Min, W. Fan.-- Ghrelin's role as a major regulator of appetitie and its other functions in neuroendocrinology / C.T. Lim, B. Kola, M. Korbonits, A.B. Grossman.-- Pathogenesis of pituitary tumors / R. Yu, S. Melmed.-- Molecular genetics of the AIP gene in familial pituitary tumorigenesis / A. Tahir, H.S. Chahal, M. Korbonits.-- Somatostatin and somatostatin receptors: from basic concepts to clinical applications / M.C. De Martino. J.J. Hofland, S.W.J. Lamberts.-- Somatostatin analogues: treatment of pituitary and neuroendocrine tumors / A. Colao, A. Faggiano, R. Pivonello.-- The MENX syndrome and p27: relationships with multiple endocrine neoplasia / S. Molatore, N.S. Pellegata.-- Hormonal therapy of prostate cancer / F. Labrie.-- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma / V. Kantorovich, K. Pacak.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part I], The Normal neuroendocrine system. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectch. 1.Cellular signalling : peptide hormones and growth factors /Barry I. Posner and Stephane A. Laporte --ch. 2.Neuroendocrine control of energy homeostasis : update on new insights /Satya P. Kalra and Pushpa S. Kalra --ch. 3.Reproductive behaviors : new developments in concepts and in molecular mechanisms /Zachary M. Weil, Gen Murakami and Donald W. Pfaff --ch. 4.Interactions betwen the immune and neuroendocrine systems /Serge Rivest --ch. 5.Physiological roles of the kisspeptin/GPR54 system in the neuroendocrine control of reproduction /Rafael Pineda, ... [et al.] --ch. 6.Regulation of complex pulsatile and rhythmic neuroendocrine systems : the male gonadal axis as a prototype /Johannes D. Veldhuis, Daniel M. Keenan and Steven M. Pincus --ch. 7.Physiological significance of the rhythmic section of hypothalamic and pituitary hormones /Earn-Hui Gan and Richard Quinton --ch. 8.Melatonin : a multitasking molecule /Russel J. Reiter, Dun-Xian Tan and Lorena Fuentes-Broto --ch. 9.Modulation of steroid hormone receptor activity /Vladimir Stanišić, David M. Lonard and Bert W. O'Malley --ch. 10.The intracrine sex steroid biosynthesis pathways /Van Luu-The and Fernand Labrie --ch. 11.Steroidogenic enzymes in the brain : morphological aspects /Georges Pelletier --ch. 12.The multiple roles of estrogens and the enzyme aromatase /Wah Chin Boon, Jenny D. Y. Chow and Evan R. Simpson --ch. 13.ER[beta] in CNS : new roles in development and function /Xiaotang Fan, ... [et al.] --ch. 14.Interactions of estradiol and insulin-like growth factor-I signalling in the nervous system : new advances /Luis M. Garcia-Segura, María-Angeles Arévalo and Iñigo Azcoitia --ch. 15.A hormonal contraceptive for men : how close are we? /Ilpo Huhtaniemi.
- Neuroplasticity, development, and steroid hormone action 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Neurosteroids and the nervous system 2013, SpringerWhile steroids from the periphery have profound effects on the nervous system, the nervous system also produces its own steroids de novo ("neurosteroids"). The physiological importance of neurosteroids is beginning to be understood. These steroids potentially have roles in sedative/hypnotic behavior, anxiety, learning, and memory. At the cellular level, neurosteroids affect neuronal excitability, synaptic plasticity and cell proliferation and survival. Early findings hold promise for future strategies to treat specific psychological conditions and neurological diseases. This Brief will focus on the current state of understanding of brainderived neurosteroids.
- New transcription factors and their role in diabetes and therapy 2006, ScienceDirectTranscription factor genes in type 2 diabetes / by M.N. Weedon, A.T. Hattersley & T.M. Frayling -- PPAR[gamma], a key therapeutic target in the metabolic syndrome-unique insights derived from the study of human genetic variants / by C.S. Mitchell & M. Gurnell -- PPAR[delta]: emerging therapeutic potential of novel agonists in lipid and glucose homeostasis / by U. Dressel & G.E.O. Muscat -- Liver X receptors as potential drug targets for diabetes and its disorders / by K.R. Steffenson -- SREBP-lc regulation of nutrient homeostasis and lipid accumulation / by P. Ferré ... [et al.] -- The adipocyte and adipose tissue as endocrine organs: impact on the insulin resistance phenotype / by R.R. Henry ... [et al.] -- FOXC2 in the adipocyte / by S. Enerbäck -- Regulation of adipocyte differentiation and metabolism by Wnt signaling and C/EBP transcription factors / by I. Gerin, H.D. Cha & O.A. MacDougald -- GATA proteins as molecular gatekeepers of adipogenesis / by J. Tsai, Q. Tong & G.S. Hotamisligil -- Forkhead proteins and the regulation of hepatic gene expression / by A. Barthel, S. Herzig & D. Schmoll -- Disruption of CREB regulated of gene expression in diabetes / by J.E.B. Reusch, P.A. Watson & S. Pugazhenthi -- Regulation of PGC-1 in humans with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes: functional implications / by J. Pihlajamäki & M.E. Patti -- Hepatic CCAAT/enhancer binding protein [beta] (C/EBP[beta]): engineer of diabetes, obesity, and inflammatory disease processes / by J.M. Schroeder-Gloeckler, S.M. Rahman & J.E. Friedman -- Insulin resistance, inflammation, and the IKK/I[kappa]B/NF-[kappa]B pathway by B.A. Bhatt & R.M. O'Doherty.
- Novel insights into adipose cell functions 2010, SpringerPathological Alteration of Human Adipose Tissue in Obesity / Karine Clément -- Dynamics of Human Adipose Tissue. Regulatory Mechanisms and Consequences for Fat Cells and the Whole Body / Peter Arner -- Metabolism of Fatty Acids in Adipocytes / A. L. Dinel, C. Kolditz and D. Langin -- The Role of Hypoxia in Adipocyte Function and Dysfunction / Paul Trayhurn, Fátima Pérez de Heredia, Bohan Wang and I. Stuart Wood -- Brown Adipose Tissue In Humans: A New Target for Anti-Obesity Therapy / Sven Enerbäck -- Adipose Tissue Dysfunction: A Multistep Process / Kai Sun and Philipp E. Scherer -- Fat Cell Progenitors: Origins and Plasticity / Christian Dani -- Transcriptional Regulation of Brown and White Adipogenesis / Bruce M. Spiegelman -- Transcriptional Control of Gene Expression in Different Adipose Tissue Depots / Stephen R. Farmer -- Epigenetic Approaches to Adipose Biology / Evan D. Rosen -- Metabolic and Angiogenic Consequences of the Presence or Absence of UCP1 / Barbara Cannon and Jan Nedergaard -- Metabolic Responses to Weight Perturbation / Rudolph L. Leibel and Michael Rosenbaum -- Understanding Causal Relationships in the Metabolic Syndrome: Recent Insights from Extreme Human Phenotypes / David B. Savage.
- Nuclear endocrinology 2012, SpringerNuclear medicine is an important element of daily practice for the endocrinologist, both for diagnosis and for treatment. The continuous rapid development of nuclear medicine procedures has created the need for a concise, up-to-date practical guide that presents the essential information required by the endocrinologist. This book is designed to ensure ease of use in clinical practice and provides the most relevant information on nuclear medicine as applied to endocrine pathology. It is divided into three sections covering general aspects of nuclear medicine, the role of nuclear endocrinology in diagnosis, and the role of nuclear endocrinology in therapy. The endocrine glands are covered by organ and by pathology. Pertinent background information is provided, choice of radiopharmaceutical is explained, and the role of different image acquisition techniques is discussed. In addition, informative clinical cases are presented with the aid of high-quality images.
- Nutrition and metabolism 2009, Springer
- Nutrition and type 2 diabetes 2014, CRCnetBASE"Focusing on the worldwide impact of type 2 diabetes regarding nutrition, dietary modification, risk, and management, this book draws on evidence-based research and provides numerous epidemiologic cohort studies, as well as carefully conducted clinical trials. Chapters correlate treatment modes and risk factors as well as the global impact of nutrition back to the basic premise held in the etiology of the disease. Topics include historical perspectives; macronutrients, micronutrients, food, dietary beverages, and dietary patterns; diet-gene interactions; and the role of age, ethnicity, and other demographics in modifying treatment for type 2 diabetes"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutritional strategies for the diabetic & prediabetic patient 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity and metabolism 2008., KargerMonogenic human obesity / Farooqi, I.S. -- Polygenic contribution to obesity : genome-wide strategies reveal new targets / Korner, A. ... [et al.] -- Genetic obesity syndromes / Goldstone, A.P., Beales, P.L. -- Fetal and neonatal pathways to obesity / Gluckman, P.D. ... [et al.] -- Developmental origins of obesity and the metabolic syndrome : the role of maternal obesity / Armitage, J.A., Poston, L., Taylor, P.D. --Childhood obesity / Sabin, M.A., Shield, J.P.H. -- Obesity in old age / McPhee Chapman, I. -- Models of obesity in large animals and birds / Clarke, I.J. -- The [beta]-cell in type 2 diabetes and in obesity / Rutter, G.A., Parton, L.E. -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in energy balance regulation and obesity / Cota, D. -- 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity / Morton, N.M., Seckl, J.R. --Gut and hormones and obesity / Wren, A.M. -- Adipokines in obesity / Ahima, R.S., Osei, S.Y. -- The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in obesity / Kola, B., Grossman, A.B., Korbonits, M. -- Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity / Weaver, J.U. -- Emerging concepts in the medical and surgical treatment of obesity / Aylwin, S., Al-Zaman, Y. -- The sociology of obesity / Rosengren, A., Lissner, L. -- Obesity in art--a brief overview / Woodhouse, R.
- Obesity, inflammation, and cancer 2013, SpringerIn addition to their metabolic and endocrinologic effects, obesity and adipose tissue have now been shown to be associated with chronic low grade inflammation resulting in cellular and humoral factors of which the latter may act by endocrine, paracrine and autocrine mechanisms. These inflammatory mediators have increasingly been suggested as contributing to the obesity link to carcinogenesis and cancer promotion. Obesity, Inflammation and Cancer focuses on recent developments and cutting edge research pointing to inflammation and inflammatory factors as key mediators of this linkage. It also describes possible strategies for targeting inflammation as an approach to cancer prevention and control. Students, researchers and clinicians, especially those interested in the relation of obesity to cancer and the role of inflammation and its impact on cancer, will find this volume particularly useful. It provides important insight on the role of inflammation in cancer etiology and progression and serve as a platform for developing future research in this area.
- Office andrology 2005, SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek --Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- The second edition of this highly successful book updates the reader on progress and developments in the field of ovulation induction and controlled ovarian stimulation. Furthermore, it provides the busy clinician with a reliable overview of the principles involved and the management needed. As with the previous edition, the emphasis throughout this book is on logical evidence and evidence-based solutions, supplemented with Professor Roy Homburgs extensive clinical experience gleaned from more than forty years working in the field. A number of highly useful algorithms and explanatory tables reinforce this approach, ensuring that the reader is presented with easy-to-grasp, well-presented information that maximizes clarity and understanding. Ovulation Induction and Controlled Ovarian Stimulation: A Practical Guide offers a concise, no-nonsense, practical guide to ovulation induction and controlled ovarian stimulation and will be an essential resource for general gynaecologists, fertility specialists and trainees, health workers and students.
- Painful diabetic neuropathy in clinical practice 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Diabetic Neuropathies -- Classification and Clinical Features -- Diagnosis and Staging -- Management of Neuropathic Pain.
- Pancreatic beta cell in health and disease 2008, Springer
- Pancreatic stem cells 2009, Springer
- Pancreatology 2009, Springer
- Parathyroid glands 2013, SpringerEmbryonic development and anatomic and histological structure of the parathyroid glands -- Preoperative imaging of the parathyroid glands -- Intraoperative imaging of the parathyroid glands -- Image-Guided minimally invasive modalities in surgical treatment of parathyroid diseases.
- Parathyroids. 2nd ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Pediatric adrenal diseases 2011, KargerRole of mitochondria in steroidogenesis / Miller, W.L. -- The physiology and biochemistry of adrenarche / Auchus, R.J. -- Update on the corticomedullary interaction in the adrenal gland / Haase, M., Willenberg, H.S., Bornstein, S.R. -- Role of DAX-1 (NR0B1) and steroidogenic factor-1 (NR5A1) in human adrenal function / El-Khairi, R. ... [et al.] -- Functional and physiological consequences of STAR deficiency : role in lipoid congenital adrenal hyperplasia / King, S.R., Bhangoo, A., Stocco, D.M. -- P450 side-chain cleavage deficiency : a rare cause of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Hauffa, B., Hiort, O. -- Clinical and biochemical consequences of P450 oxidoreductase deficiency / Flück, C.E., Pandey, A.V. -- Molecular genetics of 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Wedell, A -- Brain development and cognitive, psychosocial, and psychiatric functioning in classical 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Meyer-Bahlburg, H.F.L. -- Long-term outcome of prenatal dexamethasone treatment of 21-hydroxylase deficiency / Lajic, S., Nordenstrom, A., Hirvikoski, T. -- Role of genetic variation in regulation of aldosterone biosynthesis / Alvarez-Madrazo, S., Connell, J.M., Freel, E.M. -- Circadian clock-mediated regulation of target-tissue sensitivity to glucocorticoids : implications for cardiometabolic diseases / Kino, T., Chrousos, G.P. -- Glucocorticoid resistance / van Rossum, E.F.C., van den Akker, E.L.T. -- Mineralocorticoid receptor gene variants as determinants of HPA axis regulation and behavior / DeRijk, R.H. ... [et al.] -- Adrenoleukodystrophy / Cappa, M. ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune addison's disease / Betterle, C., Morlin, L. -- Optimal glucocorticoid therapy / Debono, M., Ross, R.J. -- Modulation of glucocorticoid metabolism by the GH-IGF-I axis / Neggers, S.J.C.M.M., van der Lely, A.J. -- Effects of glucocorticoids on the growth plate / Lui, J.C., Baron, J. -- Growth hormone treatment in children on chronic glucorticoid therapy / Savage, M.O., Simon, D., Czernichow, P.C. -- Ancient history of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / New, M.I.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology 2004, Karger
- The extended contents of this second edition reflect the growing spectrum of topics in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. Like its predecessor, this book addresses the most common gynecological problems encountered in childhood medicine, including endocrinological and surgical aspects. New chapters place particular emphasis on an update of technological aspects such as ultrasound, molecular genetics, surgery in sex disorders and new problems encountered in reproductive medicine. The book opens with a comprehensive description of the background of infant and adolescent gynecology and diagnostic tools. Several chapters are devoted to the various pathologies encountered in prepubertal and adolescent girls. Contemporary social issues such as sexual abuse, sexually transmitted diseases, contraception for teenagers and teenage pregnancy are also discussed in detail. Presenting a clear plan for clinical management and treatment of frequently encountered problems in prepubertal and adolescent girls, this book should be read by pediatricians, endocrinologists, gynecologists and family practitioners.
- A state-of-the-art and concise guide to the clinical management of pediatric endocrine disorders, the second edition of the highly regarded Pediatric Endocrinology: A Practical Clinical Guide covers the most common and challenging conditions seen by practicing endocrinologists and primary care physicians, including growth, hypothalamic, pituitary, adrenal, thyroid, calcium and bone, and reproductive disorders, as well as metabolic syndromes. This expanded second edition includes new topics being seen more commonly in pediatric endocrinology practices related to obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus and lipid disorders. Each chapter contains an introductory discussion of the problem, a review of the clinical features that characterize it, the criteria needed to establish a diagnosis, and a comprehensive therapy section delineating the risks and benefits of the best therapeutic options available. Invaluable tables summarize the critical factors in etiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and therapeutic dosages. Pediatric Endocrinology: A Practical Clinical Guide, Second Edition, is a comprehensive resource for all clinicians concerned with the myriad endocrinologic disorders seen in children and adolescents.
- Pediatric genetics and inborn errors of metabolism 2014, SpringerOften, information in review books can raise as many questions as it answers. This interferes with the study process, because the learner must either look up additional information or skip ahead without truly comprehending what he or she has read. As an alternative, Pediatric Genetics and Inborn Errors of Metabolism: A Practically Painless Review presents bite-size chunks of information that can be read and processed rapidly, helping learners to stay active while studying and to pick up new information the first time they read it. This book's question and answer format allows for self-testing or study with a partner or a group. The format also facilitates dipping into the book during a few minutes of downtime at the hospital or office. Pediatric Genetics and Inborn Errors of Metabolism: A Practically Painless Review is a quick and easy way to master these tricky topics and is suitable for those studying for the pediatric board exam, practicing physicians brushing up their skills, and any busy clinician who wants to learn more about these topics while on the go.
- Pediatric neuroendocrinology 2010, KargerThe transcriptome and the hypothalamo-neurohypophyseal system / C. Colin, T. Hindmarch, D. Murphy -- Role of sleep and sleep loss in hormonal release and metabolism / R. Leproult, E. Van Cauter -- Sexual hormones and the brain : an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation / A. Garcia-Falgueras, D.F. Swaab -- Corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor antagonists : an update / E. Zoumakis, G.P. Chrousos -- New concepts on the control of the onset of puberty / S.R. Ojeda ... [et al.] -- Roles of kisspeptins in the control of hypothalamic-gonadotropic function : focus on sexual differentiation and puberty onset / M. Tena-Sempere -- Role of the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor 1 axis in neurogenesis / N.D. Åberg -- Sex steroids, growth hormone, leptin, and the pubertal growth spurt / A.D. Rogol -- Endocrine and metabolic actions of ghrelin / V. Gasco ... [et al.] -- Pitfalls in the diagnosis of central adrenal insufficiency in children / R. Kazlauskaite, M. Maghnie -- Central nervous system-acting drugs influencing hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function / V. Locatelli ... [et al.] -- Genetic factors in the development of pituitary adenomas / S. Vandeva ... [et al.] -- Diagnosis and treatment of Cushing's disease in children / M.O. Savage ... [et al.] -- Prolactinomas in children and adolescents / A. Colao, S. Loche --Pituitary tumors : advances in neuroimaging / G. Morana, M. Maghnie, A. Rossi --Resistin : regulation of food intake, glucose homeostasis, and lipid metabolism / R. Nogueiras ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamic obesity / I. Hochberg, Z. Hochberg --Neuroendocrine consequences of anorexia nervosa in adolescents / M. Misra, A. Klibanski.
- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes 2007, SpringerPharmacoepidemiology of diabetes -- New definitions of diabetes: consequences -- The insulin resistance syndrome: concept and therapeutic approaches -- Medical emergencies-diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar hyperglycaemia -- Notes on the use of glucagon in type 1 diabetes -- Insulin and new insulin analogues, insulin pumps and inhaled insulin in type 1 diabetes -- Insulin and new insulin analogues with focus on type 2 diabetes -- The place of insulin secretagogues in the treatment of type 2 diabetes in the twenty-first century -- Metformin-from devil to angel -- The glitazones, lessons so far -- Antidiabetic combination therapy -- The incretin modulators-incretin mimetics (GLP-1 receptor agonists) and incretin enhancers (DPP-4 inhibitors) -- The role of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors (acarbose) -- Multifactorial intervention in type 2 diabetes -- Obesity and pharmacological treatment -- Management of diabetic dyslipidaemia -- Coronary intervention and ischemic cardioprotection in diabetic patients -- ACE-I and ARB and blood pressure lowering, including effect on renal disease. Treatment of advanced diabetic renal disease -- Aspirin and antiplatelet drugs in the prevention of cardiovascular complications of diabetes -- Glycosylation inhibitors, PKC inhibitors and related interventions against complications -- Diabetic foot ulcers -- Pharmacotherapy in diabetic neuropathy -- Pregnancy-pharmacological problems - Pharmacotherapy of diabetic retinopathy -- Pharmacotherapy in diabetic sexual dysfunction -- A bone perspective -- Achieving guideline control with new pharmacotherapies; albumin-binding by acylation of insulin and GLP-1 -- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes.
- Pheochromocytoma 2004., KargerPrinciples of catecholamine biosynthesis, metabolism and release /Schulz, C., Eisenhofer, G.; Lehnert, H. (Magdeburg) --Photogenesis of pheochromocytoma /Isobe, K. ... [et al.] --Genetic basis of pheochromocytoma /Gimm, O.; Koch, C.A. ... [et al.] --Clinical presentation (symptoms and signs) of sporadic and familial chromaffin cell tumours (phaeochromocytomas and paragangliomas) /Kaltsas, G.A.; Papadogias, D.; Grossman, A.B. (London) --Biochemical diagnosis of pheochromocytoma /Eisenhofer, G. (Bethesda, Md.); Lenders, J.W.M. (Nijmegen); Pacak, K. (Bethesda, Md.) --Diagnostic imaging of pheochromocytoma /Pacak, K.; Eisenhofer, G.; Ilias, I. (Bethesda, Md.) --Preoperative and surgical therapy in sporadic and familial pheochromocytoma /Brauckhoff, M; Gimm, O.; Dralle, H. (Halle) --Somatosatin receptors in pheochromocytoma /de Herder, W.W.; Hofland L.J. (Rotterdam) --Malignant pheochromocytoma /Lehnert, H.; Mundshenk, J. (Magdeburg); Hahn, K. (Munich).
- Pineal region tumors 2009, KargerStatistical analysis of pineal tumors based on the data of brain tumor registry of Japan / Shibui, S., Nomura, K. -- Pathology of pineal parenchymal tumors / Sato, K., Kubota, T. -- Occipital transtentorial approach and combined treatments for pineal parenchymal tumors / Tsumanuma, I., Tanaka, R., Fujii, Y. -- Role of stereotactic radiosurgery in the management of pineal parenchymal tumors -- Kano, H. ... [et al.] -- Pathology of intracranial germ cell tumors / Sato, K., Takeuchi, H., Kubota, T. -- Pineal germ cell tumors / Matsutani, M. -- Strategy of combined treatment of germ cell tumors / Sawamura, Y. -- Radiation therapy for intracranial germ cell tumors / Aoyama, H. -- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pineal and related tumors / Mori, Y. ... [et al.] -- Management of central nervous system germinoma : proposal for a modern strategy / Shibamoto, Y. -- Quality of life of extremely long-time germinoma survivors mainly treated with radiotherapy / Sugiyama, K. ... [et al.].
- Pituitary apoplexy 2014, Springer
- Pituitary disorders 2013, WileySection 1: overview. The endocrine system / Sylvia L Asa, Shereen Ezzat ; Signs and symptoms of pituitary disease / Eva Fernandez-Rodriguez, Ignacio Bernabeu, Felipe F Casanueva, Eva N Kassi, Gregory A Kaltsas, George P Chrousos, Valerie Golden -- Section 2: disorders. Acromegaly / Shereen Ezzat ; Secondary adrenal insufficiency / Tobias Else, Richard J Auchus ; Adult growth hormone deficiency / T Brooks Vaughan, Kristen Owen Riley, Lewis S Blevins ; Pituitary carcinoma / Sylvia L Asa ; Craniopharyngioma / Jessica K Devin ; Cushing's syndrome / Lewis S Blevins ; Empty sella syndrome / Michael C Oh, Manish K Aghi ; Familial pituitary adenomas / Laura C Hernández-Ramírez, Márta Korbonits ; Follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone secreting tumors / Bahram Khazai, Ronald S Swerdloff, Christina Wang ; Hypopituitarism / Klara J Rosenquist, Ursula B Kaiser ; Clinically nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas / Brandon A Miller, Adriana G Ioachimescu, Nelson M Oyesiku ; Prolactinoma / Luis G Sobrinho ; Rathke's cleft cysts / Seunggu J Han, Arman Jahangiri, Manish K Aghi ; Thyroid hormone deficiency / Whitney W Woodmansee ; Thyroid stimulating hormone secreting tumor / Andrea Lania, Luca Persani, Paolo Beck-Peccoz ; Pituitary disorders - specific issues for women / Maria Fleseriu, Christine G Yedinak, Jessica Brzana, Shirley McCartney ; Hypogonadism and male sexual function / Prasanth N Surampudi, Christina Wang, Ronald S Swerdloff ; Pituitary disorders specific to children / Kathryn Pade, Mitchell E Geffner -- Section 3: diagnosing pituitary disorders. Physical examination / Laurence Katznelson ; Pituitary endocrine function testing / Shereen Ezzat -- Section 4: treatment of pituitary disorders. Medical management of pituitary adenomas / Paolo Cappabianca, Daniel M Prevedello, Michelangelo de Angelis, Andressa Bornschein, Leo F S Ditzel Filho, Domenico Solari, Ricardo L Carrau, Felice Esposito, Danielle de Lara, Luigi M Cavallo, Annamaria Colao ; Surgical management of pituitary disorders / Gautam U Mehta, John A Jane, Ian F Dunn, Tong Yang, Theodore H Schwartz, Huy T Duong, Daniel F Kelly ; Stereotactic radiosurgery for pituitary adenomas / Brian J Williams, Stephen J Monteith, Jason P Sheehan ; Hormone replacement therapy / Joseph A M J L Janssen, Aart Jan van der Lely, Alan D Rogol, Adriana G Ioachimescu -- Section 5: complications that accompany pituitary disease. Complications of pituitary disease / Ludovica F S Grasso, Alessia Cozzolino, Annamaria Colao, Krystallenia I Alexandraki, Gregory A Kaltsas, George P Chrousos, Marco Faustini-Fustini, Giorgio Frank, Paul B Rizzoli, Andrea L Utz, Sashank Prasad -- Section 6: general psychological and psychosocial effects. General psychological and psychosocial effects of pituitary disorders / Valerie Golden -- Section 7: long term: what you and your patients can expect. Living with pituitary disease / Jessica K Devin -- Section 8: research and clinical trials. Research and clinical trials / Brittany P Sumerel, Anthony P Heaney -- Section 9: resources. Fundamentals of pituitary pathology / Sylvia L Asa -- Glossary -- Index.
- Pituitary surgery 2006., KargerRole of transcranial approaches in the treatment of sellar and suprasellar lesions / Maartens, N.F.; Kaye, A.H -- Extended transsphenoidal approach / Dumont, A.S. ... [et al.] -- Image guidance in pituitary surgery / Asthagiri, A.R.; Laws, E.R. Jr.; Jane, J.A. Jr. -- Endoscopic endonasal cavernous sinus surgery, with special reference to pituitary adenomas / Frank, G.; Pasquini, E. -- Diagnosis and management of pediatric sellar lesions / Jagannathan, J.; Dumont, A.S.; Jane, J.A. Jr. -- The craniopharyngioma / Oskouian, R.J.; Samii, A.; Laws, E.R. Jr. -- Rathke's cleft cysts / Kanter, A.S. ... [et al.] -- Treatment of Cushing's disease : a retrospective clinical study of the latest 100 cases / Hofmann, B.M.; Fahlbusch, R. -- Stereotactic radiosurgery for pituitary adenomas : a review of the literature and our experience / Sheehan, J.P. ... [et al.] -- Neuropathological considerations of pituitary adenomas / Asthagiri, A.; Lopes, M.B.S. -- Anesthetic and critical care management of patients undergoing pituitary surgery / Burton, C.M.; Nemergut, E.C. -- Vascular injury and transsphenoidal surgery / Oskouian, R.J.; Kelly, D.F.; Laws, E.R. Jr.
- Pituitary today 2006., KargerImplication of pituitary tropic status on tumor development / I. Donangelo, S. Melmed -- Anterior pituitary cell renewal during the estrous cycle / M. Candolfi ... [et al.] -- Bone morphogenetic protein-4 control of pituitary pathophysiology / D. Giacomini ... [et al.] -- Genesis of prolactinomas: studies using estrogen-treated animals / D.K. Sarkar -- Dopaminergic D2 receptor knockout mouse: an animal model of prolactinoma / C. Cristina ... [et al.] -- Vasoinhibins: a family of n-terminal prolactin fragments that inhibit angiogenesis and vascular function / C. Clapp ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of pituitary differentiation and regulation: implications for hormone deficiencies and hormone resistance syndromes / J. Drouin -- Long-term follow-up of prolactinomas: should dopamine agonist treatment be life-long? / M. Guitelman -- Ghrelin: from somatotrope secretion to new perspectives in the regulation of peripheral metabolic functions / F. Broglio ... [et al.] -- Regulating of growth hormone sensitivity by sex steroids: implications for therapy / K.K.Y. Ho ... [et al.] -- Acromegaly: molecular expression of somatostatin receptor subtypes and treatment outcome / M.D. Bronstein -- Gene therapy in the neuroendocrine system / C.B. Hereñú ... [et al.] -- Ectopic ACTH syndrome / A.M. Isidori, G.A. Kaltsas, A.B. Grossman -- Estrogens and neuroendocrine hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function / A.F. De Nicola ... [et al.] -- New aspects in the diagnosis and treatment of Cushing disease / M. Labeur ... [et al.].
- Pituitary today II 2010, KargerUpdate on basic and clinical research on pituitary function and disease.
- Pituitary. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Pituitary Development / Jacques Drouin -- Chapter 2. Hypothalamic Regulation of Anterior Pituitary Function / Anat Ben-Shlomo, Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 3. Adrenocorticotropin / Oulu Wang, Joseph A. Majzoub -- Chapter 4. Growth Hormone / Vivien S. Herman-Bonert, Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 5. Prolactin / Mary P. Gillam, Mark E. Molitch -- Chapter 6. Thyroid-stimulating Hormone / Virginia D. Sarapura, David F. Gordon, Mary H. Samuels -- Chapter 7. Gonadotropin Hormones / Ursula B. Kaiser -- Chapter 8. The Posterior Pituitary / Daniel G. Bichet -- Chapter 9. The Hypothalamus / Glenn D. Braunstein -- Chapter 10. Anterior Pituitary Failure / John D. Carmichael -- Chapter 11. Pituitary Function in Systemic Disorders / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 12. The Pituitary Gland in Pregnancy and the Puerperium / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 13. Drugs and Pituitary Function / Harold E. Carlson -- Chapter 14. Acromegaly / Shlomo Melmed -- Chapter 15. Prolactinoma / Mary P. Gillam, Mark E. Molitch -- Chapter 16. Cushing's disease / Xavier Bertagna, Laurence Guignat, Marie-Charles Raux-Demay, Brigitte Guilhaume, François Girard -- Chapter 17. Thyrotropin-Secreting Pituitary Tumors / Vanessa Rouach, Yona Greenman -- Chapter 18. Gonadotroph Adenomas / Peter J. Snyder -- Chapter 19. Nonpituitary Tumors of the Sellar Region / Olga Moshkin, Steffen Albrecht, Juan M. Bilbao, Kalman Kovacs -- Chapter 20. Pituitary Imaging / Marcel M. Maya, Barry D. Pressman -- Chapter 21. Pituitary Surgery / Rudolf Fahlbusch, Michael Buchfelder.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome-- current and emerging concepts 2014, SpringerPresenting an overview of the current understanding of the pathophysiology of PCOS and a paradigm for the clinical evaluation and management of the disorder, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is written in an easy to digest, concise format that, with bulleted key points introducing each chapter, is suitable for the trainee and the busy clinician. The breadth and depth of coverage of today's queries and controversies will be of particular interest to the specialist and researcher. An international group of leading experts addresses the varied etiologies of PCOS, comprehensively covering the contemporary treatment approaches and long-term implications of PCOS, a common yet poorly understood disorder. Chapters on treatment will be of particular relevance to the clinician and the trainee as they cover conventional therapies, lifestyle, and diet, as well as address emerging strategies such as the use of statins and surgery in PCOS management. Spanning the breadth of clinical presentations and morbidities related to the diagnosis of PCOS, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is an exceptional resource for primary care providers, gynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, and others involved in the care of these patients, and provides the essential tools to aid clinicians in initiating a timely diagnostic workup and appropriate interventions to address both the immediate and long-term sequelae related to PCOS.
- Practical management of thyroid cancer 2006, SpringerAn overview of the management of thyroid cancer -- The UK evidence-based guidelines for the management of thyroid cancer: key recommendations -- Thyroid cancer multidisciplinary team and the organisational paradigm -- Thyroid cancer form the perspective of a patient -- The role of the specialist nurse -- The role of the clinical psychologist -- Thyroid nodules -- Thyroid cancer and the general practitioner -- The role of pathologist -- Thyroid cancer and the endocrinologist -- The specialist endocrine surgeon -- Initial thyroid surery for patient with differentiated thyroid carcinoma -- Management of cervical lymph nodes in differentiated thyroid cancer -- Complications of thyroid surgery -- Non-surgical management of thyroid cancer -- Fertility following treatment with iodine-131 for thyroid cancer -- Recombinant human TSH (rhTSH): use in papillary and follicular thyroid cancer -- Thyroglobulin -- Follow-up of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma --- Management of differentiated thyroid carcinoma patients with negative whole-body radioiodine scans and elevated serum thyroglobulin levels -- Medullary thyroid cancer: diagnosis and management -- Nonmedullary thyroid cancer and the role of the geneticist -- Thyroid cancer in childhood -- Radiation-induced thyroid cancer: lessons from Chernobyl -- The use of stable potassium iodide (KI) in the event of a nuclear emergency -- Ultrasound of the thyroid -- Diagnostic nuclear medicine investigations in the management of thyroid cancer -- CT and MRI in thyroid cancer -- Papillary microcarcinoma of the thyroid -- Rare thyroid cancers -- Management of anaplastic thyroid cancer -- Specialist palliative care for anaplastic thyroid carcinoma -- Emerging therapies for thyroid cancer -- Clinical trials for thyroid carcinoma: past, present, and future.
- Prevention of type 2 diabetes 2012, SpringerPrevention of Type 2 Diabetes; from Science to Therapies /Emily Jane Gallagher and Derek LeRoith --Pathophysiology: Loss of [beta]-Cell Function /Ele Ferrannini and Andrea Mari --Pathophysiology of Insulin Resistance: Implications for Prevention /Shamsa Ali and Vivian A. Fonseca --Epidemiology Including Youth Through Adulthood and Socioeconomic Impact /Helen Looker --Prediabetes Genes in Pima and Amish /Leslie J. Baier --Predicting Diabetes /Rachel Dankner and Jesse Roth --Screening for Prediabetes and Diabetes /Amir Tirosh --Neuropathy in Prediabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome /Aaron I. Vinik and Marie-Laure Nevoret --Interventional Trials to Prevent Diabetes: Diabetes Prevention Program /Vanita R. Aroda and Robert E. Ratner --Decreasing Postprandial Plasma Glucose Using an [alpha]-Glucosidase Inhibitor in Subjects with IGT for the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The STOP-NIDDM Trial /Jean-Louis Chiasson, Markku Laakso and Markolf Hanefeld --Da Qing, Finnish DPP, Tripod, and Dream: Lifestyle and Thiazolidinediones in the Prevention of Diabetes /Mariela Glandt and Zachary Bloomgarden --Community Approaches to Diabetes Prevention /Ann Albright and David Williamson --Think Locally, Act Locally, Extend Globally: Diabetes Prevention Through Partnerships with Local Communities /Carol R. Horowitz and Brett Ives --Global Challenge in Diabetes Prevention from Practice to Public Health /Peter E. H. Schwarz.
- Principles of diabetes mellitus. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. The Main Events in the History of Diabetes Mellitus / Jacek Zajac, Anil Shrestha, Parini Patel and Leonid Poretsky -- Part 2. Physiology of glucose metabolism -- Normal Glucose Homeostasis / Muhammad Z. Shrayyef and John E. Gerich -- Endocrine Pancreas / Barry J. Brass, Zinoviy Abelev, Emilia Pauline Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- The Role of Incretins in Insulin Secretion / Brock E. Schroeder and Orville Kolterman -- Cellular Mechanisms of Insulin Action / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- The Role of Brain in Glucose Metabolism / Silvana Obici and Paulo José Forcina Martins -- Part 3. Diagnosis and epidemiology of diabetes -- Diagnostic Criteria and Classification of Diabetes / James P. Leu and Joel Zonszein -- Epidemiology / Shadi Chamany and Bahman P. Tabaei -- Diabetes in Culturally Diverse Populations: From Biology to Culture / A. Enrique Caballero -- Part 4. Genes and diabetes -- Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes: From Candidate Genes to Genome-Wide Association Analysis / Kevin Brown and Alan R. Shuldiner -- Rodent Models of Diabetes / Ronald J. Christopher, Koji Takeuchi and Bumsup Lee -- Part 5. Diabetes Syndromes -- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Epidemiology, Genetics, Pathogenesis, and Clinical Manifestations / Omar Ali -- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Epidemiology, Genetics, Pathogenesis, and Clinical Manifestations / Vivian Fonseca and Jennifer John-Kalarickal -- Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young: Molecular Genetics, Clinical Manifestations, and Therapy / Markus Stoffel -- Diabetes in Pregnancy / Adina E. Schneider, Elliot J. Rayfield, Agustin Busta and Yuriy Gurevich -- Secondary Causes of Diabetes Mellitus / Yana B. Garger, Prajesh M. Joshi, Ashutosh S. Pareek, Carla M. Romero and Amit K. Seth, et al. -- Syndromes of Extreme Insulin Resistance / George Grunberger and Bianca Alfonso -- Part 6. Complications of diabetes -- Acute Hyperglycemic Syndromes: Diabetic Ketoacidosis and the Hyperosmolar State / Yun Feng and Adrienne M. Fleckman -- Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Mellitus / Mazen Alsahli and John E. Gerich -- Intake of Advanced Glycation Endproducts: Role in the Development of Diabetic Complications / Helen Vlassara and Gary E. Striker -- Diabetic Retinopathy / Ketan Laud and Uri Shabto -- Diabetic Nephropathy / James F. Winchester, Donald A. Feinfeld, Nikolas B. Harbord and Alan Dubrow -- Diabetic Neuropathy / Russell L. Chin and Michael Rubin -- Peripheral Vascular Disease in Diabetes / Jennifer K. Svahn, Jeffrey S. Kirk, Omar H. Llaguna and Nancy Habib -- The Diabetic Foot / Dennis Shavelson, John S. Steinberg and Bradley W. Bakotic -- Male Sexual Dysfunction in Diabetes Mellitus / Barry M. Mason, Albert C. Leung, Michael E. DiSanto and Arnold Melman -- Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Diabetes / Donald P. Kotler and Stanley Hsu -- Dyslipidemia: Pathogenesis and Management / Om P. Ganda -- Dermatological Complications of Diabetes Mellitus; Allergy to Insulin and Oral Agents / George I. Varghese, Ellen S. Marmur and Mathew C. Varghese --Part 7. Related disorders -- Obesity - Genetics, Pathogenesis, Therapy / William C. Hsu, Kalliopi M. Arampatzi and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Hypertension / Samy I. McFarlane, Ho Won Lee, Sara Choudhry and Nathaniel Winer -- Coronary Artery Disease and Cardiomyopathy / Richard B. Devereux -- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome / Susan B. Zweig, Marsha C. Tolentino, Marina Strizhevsky and Leonid Poretsky -- Insulin Resistance and the Metabolic Syndrome / Mary Ann Banerji and Rochelle L. Chaiken -- Diabetes and Liver Disease / Douglas F. Meyer and Henry C. Bodenheimer -- The Increased Risk of Cancer in Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes: Potential Mechanisms / Emily Jane Gallagher, Ruslan Novosyadlyy, Shoshana Yakar and Derek LeRoith -- Diabetes and Sleep Disorders / Abhijith Hegde and Steve H. Salzman -- HIV Infection and Diabetes / Madhu N. Rao, Kathleen Mulligan and Morris Schambelan -- Part 8. Therapy of diabetes mellitus-general principles -- Glycemic Goals / David J. Brillon -- Behavioral and Educational Approaches to Diabetes Self-Management / Maria A. Mendoza, Monique Welbeck and Grishma Parikh -- Dietary Therapy of Diabetes Mellitus / Gladys Witt Strain, Rosalia Doyle and Faith Ebel -- Exercise in the Therapy of Diabetes Mellitus / Sefton Vergano, Rajiv Bhambri and Stephen H. Schneider -- Therapy of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus / Pejman Cohan and Anne L. Peters -- Treating Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Susan Herzlinger and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Prevention of Microvascular Complications of Diabetes - General Overview / Vincent Yen -- Psychiatric Care of the Patient with Diabetes / Jennifer L. Kraker and Stephen J. Ferrando -- Management of Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in the Hospital Setting / Samantha DeMauro-Jablonski and Silvio E. Inzucchi -- The Future of Diabetes Therapy / Graham T. McMahon -- Part 9. Diabetes prevention -- Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus / Paolo Pozzilli and Chiara Guglielmi -- Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus / Edward S. Horton -- Part 10. Resources for Patients with Diabetes / Marina Krymskaya.
- Principles of hormone/behavior relations 2004, ScienceDirect
- Progestins and the mammary gland 2008, Springer
- Prostate cancer 2008, SpringerHistopathology and molecular biology of prostate atrophy: a lesion associated with inflammation, prostate intraepithelial neoplasia, and prostate cancer -- Epigenetic gene silencing in prostate cancer -- Inherited genetic changes in prostate cancer -- Prostate molecular oncogenesis: gene deletions and somatic mutations -- Somatic genetic changes in prostate cancer: androgen receptor alterations -- Androgen receptor in prostate cancer progression -- Epigenetic modification and aceylation of androgen receptor regulate prostate cellular growth -- Estrogen receptor a [alpha] and b [beta] in the regulation of normal and malignant prostate epithelium -- Estrogen action in normal prostate epithelium and in prostate cancer -- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 in the angiogenesis of prostate cancer -- Signal transduction by the Ras-MAP kinase pathway in prostate cancer progression -- Transcription factors STAT5 and STAT3: survival factors for prostate cancer cells -- Role of P13K-Akt and PTEN in the growth and progression of prostate cancer -- New perspectives in prediction of clinical outcome of prostate cancer; TMPRSS2-ETS gene fusion in prostate cancer -- New directions in radiation therapy of prostate cancer: brachytherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy -- The current knowledge of hormonal therapy in the treatment of prostate cancer -- Advances in surgical intervention of porstate cancer: comparison of the benefits and pitfalls of retropubic, perineal, and laparoscopic radical prostatectormy -- Targeted therapy trials for prostate cancer -- New perspectives on chemotherapy in prostate cancer -- Concluding remarks: the future of prostate cancer.
- Regulation of Sertoli cell and germ cell differentiation 2005, Springer
- Overview of the pancreas -- Physiology of the pancreas -- Common pancreatic disease -- Circulating RAS -- Local RAS -- Pancreatic RAS -- Basic techniques for pancreatic research -- Current research of the RAS in diabetes mellitus -- Current research concerning the RAS in pancreatic stem cells -- Current research of the RAS in pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
- Reproductive endocrinology 2009, SpringerBasis for molecular reproductive biology -- Introduction to the molecular organization of the endocrine/reproductive system -- Extracellular signaling receptors -- Molecules that transmit information into the cell: the intracellular signaling pathways -- Introduction to molecular biology: structure and function of the macromolecules of genetic information -- Regulation of gene expression -- Molecular basis of abnormal phenotype -- Tools of molecular reproductive biology -- Recombinant DNA technology -- Techniques for DNA analysis -- Analyzing gene expression -- DNA microarray analysis -- Computer assisted analysis of genes -- Introduction to gene therapy -- Molecular regulation of reproductive hormones -- GnRH-GnRH-receptor system in the mammalian female reproductive tract -- FSH: one hormone with multiple forms, or a family of multiple hormones -- FSH receptor: one receptor with multiple forms or a family of receptors -- Regulation of the early steps in gonadal steroidogenesis -- Prostaglandins and their mechanisms of action in the cyclic ovary -- Androgens: molecular basis and related disorders -- Leptin as a reproductive hormone -- Neurosteroids and sexual behavior and reproduction -- Molecular regulation of the reproductive organs and tissues -- Autocrine and paracrine regulation of the ovary -- Ovarian endocrine activity: role of follistatin, activin, and inhibin -- Hormonal and molecular regualtion of the cytochrome P450 aromatase gene expression in the ovary -- Epigenetic mechanisms of ovarian gene regulation -- Ovarian function and failure: the role of the oocyte and its molecules -- Molecular control of corpus luteum function -- Molecular landscape of spermatogonial stem cell renewal, meiotic sex chromosome inactivation, and spermatic head shaping.
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility 2010, SpringerCharacteristics of a successful R.E.I. clinic and laboratory -- Assisted reproductive technology practice management -- Collaboration within the reproductive endocrinology and infertility practice: integration of laboratory and clinic operations -- Informed consent in advanced reproductive technology -- Reproductive laboratory regulations, certifications and reporting systems -- Successfully integrating the FDA regulations into your practice -- Psychosocial consequences of infertility and treatment -- A live baby or your money back: the marketing of in vitro fertilization procedures -- Ovulation: a molecular view -- Clinical evaluation of female factor infertility -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- The current status for Metformin use in reproductive medicine -- Clinical aspects of endometriosis -- Common endocrinopathies in reproductive endocrinology -- Acquired uterine factors and infertility -- Mullerian (paramesonephric) anomalies and associated Wolffian (mesonephric) duct malformations -- Recurrent miscarriage -- Laparoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of female infertility -- Turner syndrome -- Errors in chromosome segregation during oogenesis and early embryogenesis -- An overview of sperm production -- Meiotic recombination and errors during spermatogenesis -- Clinical evaluation and treatment of male factor infertility -- Semen analysis: essentials for the clinician -- Sperm capacitation, the acrosome reaction, and fertilization -- Advanced tests of sperm function -- Genetic testing of male infertilityVaricocele and male infertility -- Sperm retrieval techniques -- The clinical utility of the evaluation of sperm chromatin -- Artificial insemination: intrauterine insemination -- Sperm preparation for artificial insemination -- Sperm banking, donation, and transport in the age of assisted reproduction: federal and state regulation -- Reproductive treatment of HIV-1 discordant couples -- Ovulation induction -- Transvaginal sonography in reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- Establishing the IVF laboratory: a systems view -- Preparation and selection of sperm for IVF and ICSI -- The genetic and epigenetic contributions of sperm to early embryogenesis -- Micromanipulation of human oocytes and embryos: applications of intracytoplasmic sperm injection and assisted hatching in infertility treatment -- Embryo culture techniques -- In-vitro maturation of human oocytes -- Integrating preimplantation genetic diagnosis into the ART laboratory -- Evaluation and selection of preimplantation embryos for transfer -- Embryo transfer in IVF: evidence-based clinical practice -- Cryopreservation of human oocytes and embryos -- Preserving fertility -- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome -- Pregnancy outcomes in infertile couples -- The impact of complementary medicine on in-vitro fertilization -- Designing a clinical research infrastructure -- Integrating research into a clinical practice -- Research regulations: the role of the Institutional Review Board -- Technology transfer and its role in the practice of reproductive endocrinology and infertility -- The environment and reproduction: endocrine disruption, reproductive impairment, and epigenetics.
- Sertoli cell biology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Sleep disorders in women. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerIn Sleep Disorders in Women: A Guide to Practical Management, 2nd Edition, a multidisciplinary panel of eminent researchers and practicing clinicians comprehensively updates the multifaceted aspects of sleep disorders in women at different stages of life, illuminating the unique impact that each reproductive and endocrine stage has on both normal sleep and sleep disorders. This title not only introduces primary care physicians and health care providers to the discipline of sleep disorders in women, it also will appeal to a broader set of specialists as it summarizes the latest, cutting-edge research and presents it in a succinct and clinically relevant manner. The goal of this book is to help physicians recognize the symptom patterns of sleep disorders in their female patients, guide them in diagnosing and treating these patients in a timely fashion, and help in the elimination of gender bias in sleep medicine research and care. An invaluable addition to the literature, Sleep Disorders in Women: A Guide to Practical Management, 2nd Edition again fills an important niche by being an accessible, comprehensive, multidisciplinary review on sleep disorders in women.
- Somatotrophic axis in brain function 2006, ScienceDirect
- Stem cells in endocrinology 2005, SpringerGeneration of islet-like structures from ES cells / Nadya Lumelsky -- The therapeutic potential of liver repopulation for metabolic or endocrine disorders / Sanjeev Gupta -- The manipulation of mesenchymal stem cells for bone repair / Shelley R. Winn -- Spermatogenesis from transplanted spermatogenic stem cells / Michael D. Griswold and Derek McLean -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant in the treatment of autoimmune endocrine disease / Jody Schumacher and Ewa Carrier -- Preclinical trials for stem cell therapy / Linda B. Lester, K.Y. Francis Pau, and Don P. Wolf.Pt. I. Basic stem cell biology. Embryonic stem cells: derivation, properties, and therapeutic implications / Victor L. Browning and Jon S. Odorico -- Germ line stem cells / Makoto C. Nagano -- Umbilical cord stem cells / Kathy E. Mitchell -- Differentiation potential of adult stem cells / Henry E. Young and Asa C. Black, Jr. -- Growth conditions for primate vs murine embryonic stem cells / Gillian M. Beattie ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. Translational research. Islet precursor cells in adult pancreatic islets / Gladys Teitelman and Irem Nasir -- Transcription factor-directed differentiation of stem cells along an endocrine lineage / William L. Lowe, Jr. --
- SuperMEN1 2009, SpringerMEN1 clinical background / Peter Igaz -- Genetic background of MEN1 : from genetic homogeneity to functional diversity / Patrick Gaudray and Günther Weber -- Menin : the protein behind the MEN1 syndrome / Maria Papaconstantinou ... [et al.] -- Cellular functions of menin / Geoffrey N. Hendy, Hiroshi Kaji and Lucie Canaff -- The role of menin in hematopoiesis / Ivan Maillard and Jay L. Hess -- Role of menin in bone development / Hiroshi Kaji, Lucie Canaff and Geoffrey N. Hendy -- Activin, TGF-€ and menin in pituitary tumorigenesis / Jean-Jacques Lebrun -- The role of menin in parathyroid tumorigenesis / Colin Davenport and Amar Agha -- Role of menin in neuroendocrine tumorigenesis / Terry C. Lairmore and Herbert Chen -- Adrenal tumors in MEN1 syndrome and the role of menin in adrenal tumorigenesis / Attila Patocs, Katalin Balogh and Karoly Racz -- Functional studies of menin through genetic manipulation of the MEN1 homolog in mice / Dheepa Balasubramanian and Peter C. Scacheri.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases