Books by Subject
- Abnormalities in puberty ...............
- — Immunoendocrinology in health and dis...
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 5th ed. .....
- — Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and th...
- Ultrasound diagnostics of thyroid dis...
- — Williams Textbook of endocrinology. 1...
- Abnormalities in puberty 2005, KargerSecular trend of timing of puberty / Delemarre-Van de Waal, H.A. -- Fetal nutrition and timing of puberty / van Weissenbruch, M.M. ... [et al.] -- Adrenal function of low-birthweight children / Ong, K. -- Puberty and fertility in congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Otten, B.J. ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetics of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome / Karges, B., de Roux, N. -- Hypothalamic hamartoma: a paradigm/model for studying the onset of puberty / Jung, H., Parent, A.-S., Ojeda, S.R. -- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue treatment for precocious puberty: twenty years of experience / Heger, S., Sippell, W.G., Partsch, C.-J.Very long-term follow-up of girls with early and late menarche / Johansson, T.; Ritz, N.E.M. -- Polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence: new insights in pathophysiology and treatment / Homburg, A. -- Reversing sex steroid deficiency and optimizing skeletal development in the adolescent with gonadal failure / Vanderschueren, D., Vandenput, L., Boonen, S. -- Present and future options for the preservation of fertility in female adolescents with cancer / Beerendonk, C.M.; Braat, D.M.
- Acute endocrinology 2008, Springer
- Adipokines 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Adipose tissue development 2010, KargerHuman lipodystrophies : genetic and acquired diseases of adipose tissue / Capeau, J. ... [et al.] -- The emergence of adipocytes / Laharrague, P.; Casteilla, L. -- Adipose tissue and the reproductive axis : biological aspects / Hausman, G.J.; Barb, C.R -- Unraveling the obesity and breast cancer links : a role for cancer-associated adipocytes? / Dirat, B. ... [et al.] -- Early determinants of obesity / Ong, K -- Metabolic syndrome in childhood : causes and effects / Weiss, R. -- Pathophysiology of insulin resistance in small for gestational age subjects : a role for adipose tissue? / Beltrand, J.; Meas, T.; Levy-Marchal, C. -- The neural feedback loop between the brain and adipose tissues / Pénicaud, L.
- Adrenal glands 2005, Springer
- Adrenal imaging 2009, SpringerAdrenal embryology and pathology -- Adrenocortical dysfunction -- Adrenal medullary dysfunction -- Adrenals in oncology -- Adrenal surgery -- Imaging adrenal dysfunction -- Imaging of pheochromocytomas -- Adrenal imaging using computed tomography: differentiation of adenomas and metastasis -- MRI of the adrenal glands -- Single photon imaging of the adrenal gland -- PET and PET-CT imaging of adrenal lesions -- Adrenal trauma and intervention -- Evolving functional and advanced image analysis techniques for adrenal lesion characterization.
- Advances in rapid sex-steroid action 2012, Springer[1.] Non-genomic Action of Steroid Hormones: More Questions than Answers / Antimo Migliaccio, Gabriella Castoria, Antonio Bilancio, Pia Giovannelli, Marzia Di Donato and Ferdinando Auricchio -- Part I. Breast Cancer -- [2.] Progesterone Signaling to Chromatin in Breast Cancer Cells. Two Initial Cycles of Remodeling / Guillermo P. Vicent, Roser Zaurin, Cecilia Ballaré, A. Silvina Nacht, Roni H. G. Wright, Francois Le Dily, Giancarlo Castellano, Jofre Font-Mateu and Miguel Beato -- [3.] Cooperative Interactions Between c-Src, Estrogen Receptors and Receptor Tyrosine Kinases in Breast Cancer / Sarah J. Parsons, Jessica E. Pritchard, Emily M. Fox and Margaret A. Shupnik -- [4.] Cross Talk Between ER[alpha] and Src Signaling and Its Relevance to ER Status and Hormone Responsiveness / Jun Sun, Wen Zhou, Zafar Nawaz and Joyce M. Slingerland -- [5.] Post-translational Modifications of ER Alpha in Rapid Estrogen's Action / Muriel Le Romancer, Coralie Poulard, Stéphanie Sentis, and Laura Corbo -- [6.] Sex-Steroid Rapid Action and Its Role in Invasiveness and Metastasis of Breast Cancer / Marina Ines Flamini, Angel Matias Sanchez, Xiao-Dong Fu and Tommaso Simoncini -- [7.] Unraveling the Role of GPER in Breast Cancer / Rosamaria Lappano and Marcello Maggiolini -- [8.] Nongenomic Actions of Estrogens and Xenoestrogens Affecting Endocrine Cancer Cells / Cheryl S. Watson, Dragoslava Zivadinovic, Yow-Jiun Jeng, Rebecca A. Alyea, Terumi Midoro-Horiuti, Randall Goldblum and Anannya Banga -- Part II. Prostate Cancer -- [9.] Differential Functions of Stromal and Epithelial Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer Before and After Castration Resistant Stage / S. Lee, K.-P. Lai, S. Yeh and C. Chang -- [10.] Role of Androgens and Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer: Genomic and Non-Genomic Actions / Sara Marchiani, Lara Tamburrino, Monica Muratori, Lorella Bonaccorsi, Gianni Forti and Elisabetta Baldi -- [11.] Mechanisms of Signal Transduction in Prostate Cancer: The Role of PI3-Kinase Pathway in Androgen Action / Laurent Morel and Silvère Baron -- [12.] The IGF-I Axis in Prostate Cancer: The Role of Rapid Steroid Actions / Antonino Belfiore -- Androgen Receptor Pathway in Prostate Cancer: Old Target and New Drugs / Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi -- Part III. New Tools for Steroid Receptor Analysis and Regulatory Networks -- [13.] Quantitative Visualization of Sex Steroid Receptor Functions: AR and ER[alpha] / Michael J. Bolt, Sean M. Hartig, Adam T. Szafran, Sanjay N. Mediwala, Marco Marcelli and Michael A. Mancini -- [14.] Micropatterned Surfaces as Tools for the Study of the Rapid Non-genomic Actions of Steroid Receptors / Andrew C. B. Cato, Emmanuel Oppong and Sylwia Sekula-Neuner.
- Advances in the management of testosterone deficiency 2009., KargerCurrent guidelines for the diagnosis of testosterone deficiency / S. Arver, M. Lehtihet -- Laboratory measurement of testosterone / M.J. Diver -- Advances in testosterone replacement therapy / L.J.G. Gooren -- The role of the CAG repeat androgen receptor polymorphism in andrology / M. Zitzmann -- Late-onset hypogonadism / L.J.G Gooren -- Testosterone in obesity, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes / R.D. Stanworth, T.H. Jones --Testosterone and coronary artery disease / J.E. Nettleship ... [et al.] -- Erectile dysfunction and testosterone deficiency / M. Blute ... [et al.] -- Testosterone, bone, and osteoporosis / S.P. Tuck, R.M. Francis -- Frailty and muscle function : role for testosterone? / U. Srinivas-Shankar, F.C.W. Wu -- Testosterone effects on cognition in health and disease / M.M. Cherrier -- Anabolic applications of androgens for functional limitations associated with aging and chronic illness / S. Bhasin, T.W. Storer -- Testosterone in chronic heart failure / C.J. Malkin, T.H. Jones, K.S. Channer -- Testosterone and prostate safety / A. Morgentaler, C. Schulman.
- Advances in vasopressin and oxytocin 2008, ScienceDirectNonapeptides and the evolutionary patterning of sociality / J.L. Goodson -- Sex differences in vasopressin and oxytocin innervation of the brain / G.J. de Vries -- The parvocellular vasopressinergic system and responsiveness of the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis during chronic stress / G. Auilera ... [et al.] -- Experimental approaches for the study of oxytocin and vasopressin gene expression in the central nervous system / E.M. Scordalakes, C. Yue and H. Gainer -- Oxytocin knockout mice: a model for studying stress-related and ingestive behaviours / J.A. Amico ... [et al.] -- The role of the vasopressin 1b receptor in aggression and other social behaviours / H.K. Caldwell, S.R. Wersinger and W.S. Young III -- Behavioural studies using temporal and spatial inactivation of the oxytocin receptor / H.-J. Lee ... [et al.] -- New aspects of oxytocin receptor function revealed by knockout mice: sociosexual behavior and control of energy balance / K. Nishimori ... [et al.] -- Regulation of vasopressin release by co-released neurotransmitters: mechanisms of purinergic and adrenergic synergism / C.D. Sladek and Z. Song -- Neuron-glia interactions in the rat supraoptic nucleus / S.H.R. Oliet ... [et al.] -- Dynamic synapses in the hypothalamic-neurohypophyseal system / K.J. Iremonger and J.S. Bains -- Endogenous modulators of synaptic transmission: cannabinoid regulation in the supraoptic nucleus / N.A. McDonald ... [et al.] -- Oxytocin and appetite / G. Leng ... [et al.] -- Neural mechanisms underlying the milk ejection burst and reflex / G.I. Hatton and Y.-F. Wang -- Oxytocin receptor signaling / D. Devost, P. Wrzal and H.H. Zingg -- Neurosteroids are excitatory in supraoptic neurons but inhibitory in the peripheral nervous system: it is all about oxytocin and progesterone receptors / C. Viero and G. Dayanithi -- Oxytocin receptors: ligand binding, signaling and cholesterol dependence / G. Gimpl ... [et al.] -- Opposite effects of oxytocin and vasopressin on the emotional expression of the fear response / D. Viviani and R. Stoop -- Multi-factorial somato-dendritic regulation of phasic spike discharge in vasopressin neurons / C.H. Brown ... [et al.] -- Neurophysiology of supraoptic neurons in C57/BL mice studied in three acute in vitro preparations / R. Sharif-Naeini ... [et al.] -- Effects of oxytocin on GABA signalling in the foetal brain during delivery / R. Khazipov, R. Tyzio and Y. Ben-Ari -- Central vasopressin and oxytocin release: regulation of complex social behaviours / A.H. Veenema and I.D. Neumann -- Interactions between dopamine and oxytocin in the control of sexual behavior / T.A. Baskerville and A.J. Douglas -- Steroidal/neuropeptide interactions in hypothalamus and amygdale related to social anxiety / E. Choleris ... [et al.] -- Functional magnetic resonance imaging and the neurobiology of vasopressin and oxytocin / C.F. Ferris -- Evolution of the arginine vasopressin 1a receptor and implications for mammalian social behaviour / G. Heckel and S. Fink -- Oxytocin, vasopressin and sociality / C.S. Carter ... [et al.] -- Neuropeptides and social behaviour: effects of oxytocin and vasopressin in humans / M. Heinrichs and G. Domes -- Chronic stress plasticity in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus / J.P. Herman, J. Flak and R. Jankord -- Keeping oxytocin neurons under control during stress in pregnancy / P.J. Brunton and J.A. Russell -- Rapid synapse-specific regulation of hypothalamic magnocellular neurons by glucocorticoids / S. Di and J.G. Tasker -- Vasopressin in the septum: not important versus casually involved in learning and memory - two faces of the same coin? / M. Engelmann -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis / M.A. Steiner and C.T. Wotjak -- Molecular genetic studies of the arginine vasopressin 1a receptor (AVPR1a) and the oxytocin receptor (OXTR) in human behaviour: from autism to altruism with some notes in between / S. Israel ... [et al.] -- Oxytocin and experimental therapeutics in autism spectrum disorders / J.A. Bartz and E. Hollander -- Impact of prosocial neuropeptides on human brain function / A. Meyer-Lindenberg -- Peptide and non-peptide agonists and antagonists for the vasopressin and oxytocin V₁[a], V₁[b], V₂ and OT receptors: research tools and potential therapeutic agents / M. Manning ... [et al.] -- Affinity and efficacy of selective agonists and antagonists for vasopressin and oxytocin receptors: an "easy guide" to receptor pharmacology / B. Chini, M. Manning and G. Guillon -- Prevention of hypoxic brain oedema by the administration of vasopressin receptor antagonist OPC-31260 / A.H. Molnár ... [et al.] -- Characterization of a novel and selective V₁[B] receptor antagonist / M. Craighead ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of clinical concentrating and diluting disorders / R.W. Schrier -- Action-binding channels / Y. Noda and S. Sasaki -- Opposite potentiality of hypothalamic coexpressed neuropeptides, apelin and vasopressin in maintaining body-fluid homeostasis / C. Llorens-Cortes and F. Moos -- Recent discoveries in vasopressin-regulated aquaporin-2 trafficking / R.A. Fenton and H.B. Moeller -- Pathophysiological role of aquaporin-2 in impaired water excretion / S.-e. Ishikawa ... [et al.] -- Potential utility of aquaporin modulators for therapy of brain disorders / M.C. Papadopoulos and A.S. Verkman.
- Airway chemoreceptors in the vertebrates 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Amenorrhea 2010, Springer
- Androgen deficiency and testosterone replacement 2013, Springer
- Androgen excess disorders in women. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerA brief history of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian and adrenal androgen biosynthesis and metabolism / Walter L. Miller, David H. Geller, and Mitchell Rosen -- Androgens throughout the life of women / C. Richard Parker, Jr. -- Physiological effects of androgens in women / T. Keta Hodgson and Glenn D. Braunstein -- Androgen measurements: methods, interpretation, and limitations / Frank Z. Stanczyk -- Androgen-secreting adrenal and ovarian neoplasms / Michel Pugeat ... [et al.] -- Cushing's syndrome, acromegaly, and androgen excess / Anne-Céline Reyss and Didier Dewailly -- The nonclassic adrenal hyperplasias / Didier Dewailly and Ricardo Azziz -- Pregnancy-related androgen excess / Howard D. McClamrock -- Drug-induced hyperandrogenism / Barbara Neraud and Didier Dewailly -- Severe insulin-resistant hyperandrogenic syndromes / David E. Moller, Antonio Vidal-Puig, and Ricardo Azziz -- Idiopathic hirutism / Enrico Carmina -- Definition and epidemiology of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Walter Futterweit, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Ricardo Azziz -- Biochemical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Ovarian histology, morphology, and ultrasonography in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard ... [et al.] --Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadtrophic dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / R. Jeffrey Chang and Rinku V. Mehta -- Ovarian steroidogenic abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Denis A. Magoffin -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz, Enrico Carmina, and Ricardo Azziz -- The genetic basis of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mark O. Goodarzi -- Pediatric hyperandrogenism and the polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / Kathleen M. Hoeger -- Environmental factors in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Marie-France Hivert and Jean-Patrice Baillargeon -- Animal models and fetal programming of the polycystic ovary syndrome / David H. Abbott ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and hyperinsulinism in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Paulina A. Essah and John E. Nestler -- The endocrine impact of obesity and body habitus in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- Molecular mechanisms of insulin resistance in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- Menstrual dysfunction and endometrial neoplasia in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Abdulkadir Wagley and Paul Hardiman -- Beta-cell dysfunction, glucose intolerance, and diabetes in the polycystic ovary syndrome / David A. Ehrmann -- Hypertension and cardiovascular and lipoprotein abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Francesco Orio and Stefano Palomba --Reproductive and obstetrical consequences of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mary C. Johnson and Richard S. Legro -- Psychosocial and quality-of-life consequences of androgen excess and the polycystic ovary syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Hahn, and Sigrid Elsenbruch -- Overview of long-term morbidity and economic cost of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical and hormonal evaluation of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian suppression and treatment of hirsutism / Paolo Moghetti -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and ovulation induction / Bulent O. Yildiz and Ricardo Azziz -- In vitro fertilization for the polycystic ovary syndrome / Hanadi Ba-Akdah ... [et al.] -- Surgical management of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Use of insulin sensitizers in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Kai I. Cheang and John E. Nestler -- Weight reduction and lifestyle modification in the treatment of androgen excess / Manny Noakes ... [et al.].
- Animal models of diabetes. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEPigs in diabetes research with special focus on type 2 diabetes / M.O. Larsen, B. Rolin -- Psammomys obesus : nutritionally induced insulin resistance, diabetes and beta cell loss / E. Ziv, R. Kalman, and E. Shafrir -- The spontaneously diabetic Torii (SDT) rat with human resembling retinopathy lesions / M. Shinohara, T. Masuyama, A. Kakehashi -- The Cohen diabetic rat / S. Weksler-Zangen, E. Orlinsky, D.H. Zangen -- Kk and KKay mice : models of type 2 diabetes and obesity / S. Taketomi -- Animal models to study obesity and type II diabetes induced by diet / Tamer Coskun ... [et al.].Rat models of type 1 diabetes : genetics, environment, and autoimmunity / J.P. Mordes ... [et al.] -- The NOD mouse and its related strains / H. Taniguchi, S. Makino, H. Ikegami -- Obesity/diabetes in mice with mutations in the leptin or leptin receptor genes / S. Chua Jr., L. Herberg, E.H. Leiter -- The Zucker diabetic fatty (ZDF) rat--lessons from leptin receptor defect diabetic model / R.G. Peterson -- The Goto-Kakizaki diabetic rat evolved by selective breeding / C.J. Ostenson -- The new zealand obese mouse : a polygenic model of obesity, glucose intolerance and the metabolic syndrome / B.C. Fam, S. Andrikopoulos -- The JCR:LA-cp rat : a model of the metabolic syndrome exhibiting micro-and macro-vascular disease / J.C. Russel, S.E. Kelly, S.D. Proctor -- The SHROB (Koletsky) rat as a model for metabolic syndrome / R.J. Koletzky, R.A. Velliquette, P. Ernsberger -- OLETF rats : a model for the metabolic syndrome and diabetic nephropathy in humans / K. Kawano -- Neonatally streptrozotocin-induced (n-STZ) diabetic rats, a family of type 2 diabetes models / B. Portha ... [et al.] -- The Rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta) manifests all features of human type 2 diabetes / B. Hansen and Xenia T. Tigno --
- Atlas of diabetes. 4th ed. 2012, SpringerRegulation of Insulin Secretion and Islet Cell Function /Gordon C. Weir, Susan Bonner-Weir and Arun Sharma --Mechanisms of Insulin Action /Morris F. White and Morris F. White --Consequences of Insulin Deficiency /Abbas E. Kitabchi and Mary Beth Murphy --Type 1 Diabetes /Mark A. Atkinson and Jay S. Skyler --Management of Type 1 Diabetes /Irl B. Hirsch and Jay S. Skyler --Childhood Diabetes /Jamie R. Wood and Francine R. Kaufman --Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes /Mazen Alsahli and John E. Gerich --Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus /Jennifer B. Marks --Diabetes and Pregnancy /Lois Jovanovič --Mechanisms of Hyperglycemic Damage in Diabetes /Ferdinando Giacco and Michael Brownlee --Management and Prevention of Diabetic Complications /Sunder Mudaliar and Robert R. Henry --Eye Complications of Diabetes /Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello and Paolo S. Silva, et al. --Diabetes and the Kidney /Robert C. Stanton and Robert C. Stanton --Diabetic Neuropathies /Aaron I. Vinik --Obesity Therapy /Steven R. Smith --Reversal of Diabetes: Islet Cell Transplantation /Antonello Pileggi, Rodolfo Alejandro and Camillo Ricordi --Technology and Diabetes: Insulin Delivery Systems and Glucose Sensing /Bruce W. Bode --Newer Diabetes Medications /Jay S. Skyler.
- Atlas of sarcoidosis 2005, Springer
- Atlas of thyroid lesions 2011, SpringerPhysical and technical essentials -- Ultrasound features of thyroid lesions -- Nodular or colloid goiter, hyperplasia, and cysts -- Follicular adenoma and follicular thyroid carcinoma -- Oncocytic nodule/Hurtle cell tumors -- Follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Anaplastic carcinoma -- Lymphoma and plasmacytoma -- Thyroiditis -- Metastases -- Regional lymph node metastases.
- Autoimmune diseases in endocrinology 2008, SpringerPart I: Introductory chapters -- Basic mechanisms in autoimmunity / Sonia Quaratino -- Immunogenetic factors in autoimmunity / Joanne Heward and Stephen Gough -- Environmental factors in autoimmune endocrinopathies / Rajni B. Sharma ... [et al.] --Part II: Autoimmune thyroid disease -- Animal models of autoimmune thyroid disease / Marian Ludgate -- Thyroid autoantigens / Philip F. Watson and Nagat Saeed -- Graves' disease / Simon H. S. Pearce -- Autoimmune hypothyroidism / Francesco Latrofa and Aldo Pinchera -- Postpartum thyroiditis / John H. Lazarus and L. D. K. E. Premawardhana -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy and dermopathy / Wilmar M. Wiersinga --Part III: Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Animal models of type 1 diabetes mellitus / Lucienne Chatenoud -- Islet cell autoantigens / Anastasia Katsarou ... [et al.] -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus / Huriya Beyan and R. David G. Leslie --Part IV: Other autoimmune endocrinopathies -- Addison's disease / Corrado Betterle, Renato Zanchetta, and Fabio Presotto -- Premature ovarian failure / Victoria Sundblad, Violeta A. Chiauzzi, and Eduardo H. Charreau -- Autoimmune hypophysitis / Patrician Anne Crock ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 1 / Pärt Peterson -- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 2 / George J. Kahaly and Manuela Dittmar.
- Cartilage and bone development and its disorders 2011, KargerChondrocyte proliferation and differentiation / Wuelling, M., Vortkamp, A. -- Local regulation of growth plate cartilage / Spth, S.-S. ... [et al.] -- Growth plate senescence and catch-up growth / Lui, J.C., Nilsson, O., Baron, J. -- Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth / Wit, J.M., Camacho-Hübner, C. -- Estrogen signaling in growth plate cartilage / Karimian, E., Svendahl, L. -- Methods to study cartilage and bone development / Andrade, A.C. ... [et al.] -- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and phosphorus metabolism / Tiosano, D. -- Molecular defects causing skeletal dysplasias / Mkitie, O. -- Allele-specific gene silencing in osteogenesis imperfecta / Ljunggren, Ö. ... [et al.] -- Stem cells in skeletal physiology and endocrine diseases of bone / Bianco, P., Sacchetti, B., Riminucci, M. -- Cartilage tissue engineering / Moreira-Teixeira, L.S. ... [et al.].
- Case-based guide to clinical endocrinology 2008, Springer
- Cellular peptide hormone synthesis and secretory pathways 2010, Springer
- Clinical care pathways in andrology 2014, Springer
- Print Material
- Molecular biology for clinicians -- Hormone biosynthesis, metabolism, and mechanism of action -- The ovary-embryology and development -- The uterus -- Neuroendocrinology -- Regulation of the menstrual cycle -- Sperm and egg transport, fertilization, and implantation -- The endocrinology of pregnancy -- Normal and abnormal sexual development -- Normal and abnormal growth and pubertal development -- Amenorrhea -- Chronic anovulation and the polycystic ovary syndrome -- Hirsutism -- Menstrual disorders -- Abnormal uterine bleeding -- The breast -- Menopause and the perimenopausal transition -- Postmenopausal hormone therapy -- Obesity -- Reproduction and the thyroid -- Family planning, sterilization, and abortion -- Oral contraception -- Vaginal and transdermal estrogen-progestin contraception -- Long-acting methods of contraception -- Intrauterine contraception -- Barrier methods of contraception and withdrawal -- Female infertility -- Recurrent early pregnancy loss -- Endometriosis -- Male infertility -- Induction of ovulation -- Assisted reproductive technologies -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Appendix-I: Interpreting epidemiologic reports -- Appendix-II: Selected laboratory values and the international system of units (SI Units).
- Clinical urologic endocrinology 2013, Springer
- Comprehensive handbook of iodine 2009, ScienceDirectAnalytical techniques -- General aspects of iodine sources and intakes in the diet, main routes of iodine metabolism and metabolic roles -- Pathological aspects of iodine deficiency -- Prevention and treatment of iodine deficiency disorders -- Damage and disease due to iodine toxicity -- Radiodine in the non-iodine deficient subject -- Other causes of hypothyroidism -- Geographical aspects of iodine deficiency disorders.
- Congenital endocrinopathies 2007, KargerGenomic approaches in genetic research for endocrine diseases / Ravazzolo, R. -- Genetic defects of the growth-hormone-IGF axis associated with growth hormone insensitivity / Woods, K. -- Late effects of disturbed IGF signaling in congenital diseases: intrauterine and postnatal growth retardation / Cianfarani, S. ... [et al.] -- Growth hormone receptor polymorphisms: controversies and outcome of growth hormone treatment / Buzi, F. ... [et al.] -- Genetic disorders involving adrenal development / Lin, L., Ferraz-de-Souza, B., Achermann, J.C. -- Early management and gender assignment in disorders of sexual differentiation / Hughes, I.A -- Prenatal and early postnatal treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Ghizzoni, L. ... [et al.] -- Neonatal diabetes: the role of KCNJ11 (Kir6.2) / Tammaro, P. -- Diagnosis of neonatal and infancy-onset diabetes / Barbetti, F. -- Management of neonatal and infancy-onset diabetes mellitus / Søvik, O. ... [et al.] -- Insights in congenital hyperinsulinism / Hussain, K. -- A clinical approach to severe insulin resistance / Savage, D.B. ... [et al.] -- Inherited endocrine diseases involving G proteins and G protein-coupled receptors / Spiegel, A.M. -- Stem cells: from animal research to clinical applications / Redi, C.A. ... [et al.].
- Clinical trials : planning and analysis / Farewell, V.T., Cook, R.J. -- The evidence base for growth hormone effectiveness in children / Kelnar, C.J.H. -- Safety of recombinant human growth hormone / Carel, J.-C., Butler, G. -- Diagnosis of growth hormone deficiency / Webb, E.A., Dattani, M.T. -- Biological determinants of responsiveness to growth hormone : pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine / Mullis, P.-E. -- Clinical considerations in using growth hormone therapy in growth hormone deficiency / Ranke, M.B. -- Current indications for growth hormone therapy for children and adolescents / Richmond, E., Rogol, A.D. -- GH use in the transition of adolescence to adulthood / Mauras, N.
- Cushing's disease 2011, SpringerCushing's Disease: An Historical Perspective -- Molecular Biology of Cushing's Disease -- Pathology of Cushing's Disease -- The Diagnosis of Cushing's Syndrome -- Pseudo-Cushing's Syndrome -- Cyclic Cushing's Disease -- Differential Diagnosis of Cushing's Syndrome -- Radiologic Imaging Techniques in Cushing's Disease -- Surgical Treatment of Cushing's Disease -- Postoperative Management and Assessment of Cure -- Radiation Therapy in the Management of Cushing's Disease -- Medical Management of Cushing's Disease -- Recurrent Cushing's Disease -- Diagnosis and Treatment of Pediatric Cushing's Disease -- Silent Corticotroph Adenomas -- Cushing's Syndrome in Pregnancy -- Nelson's Syndrome: Corticotroph Tumor Progression After Bilateral Adrenalectomy in Cushing's Disease -- Psychosocial Aspects of Cushing's Disease.
- Cushing's syndrome. 1st ed. 2011, Springer
- Development of the pancreas and neonatal diabetes 2007, KargerPancreatic development as a basis for the definition of new therapies for diabetes / Scharfmann, R. -- Overview of neonatal diabetes / Hamilton-Shield, J.P. -- Transcription factors in pancreatic development. Animal models / Martin, M. ... [et al.] -- Distinct roles of HNF1[beta], HNF1[alpha], and HNF4[alpha] in regulating pancreas development, [beta]-cell function, and growth / Maestro, M.A. ... [et al.] -- In vivo and in vitro techniques to study pancreas development and islet cell function / Duvillié, B., Heinis, M., Stetsyuk, V. --Functional imaging of the pancreas: the role of [18F]Fluoro-L-DOPA PET in the diagnosis of hyperinsulinism of infancy / Ribeiro, M.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin pump therapy in neonatal diabetes / Tubiana-Rufi, N. -- Generating new candidate genes for neonatal diabetes: functional and genetic studies of insulin secretion in type 2 diabetes / Rutter, G.A. -- Diabetes in very young children and mutations in the insulin-secreting cell potassium channel genes: therapeutic consequences / Flechtner, I. ... [et al.] -- Genomic imprinting: roles and regulation in development / Kelsey, G. -- Imprinting in human disease with special reference to transient neonatal diabetes and Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome / Temple, I.K. -- The physiology and clinical management of glucose metabolism in the newborn / Beardsall, K., Dunger, D.
- DHEA in human health and aging 2012, CRCnetBASE"Reduced production of DHEA associated with the diseases that accompany aging has led to its use as a nutritional supplement for antiaging, metabolic support, and other purposes. While animal studies have clearly shown substantial benefits of DHEA in combating various disease states, the effect of low levels of DHEA in humans is less established, and the mechanisms of action and potential involvement in illnesses remain unclear. DHEA in Human Health and Aging reviews the past ten years of research into this hormone and explores its potential for future study."--Publisher's description.
- Diabetes & c-peptide 2012, Springer1. C-Peptide and Insulin: A Happy Marriage / Donald F. Steiner -- 2. Peptide Interactions of Proinsulin C-Peptide / Charlotte Nerelius, Emma Lindahl, Michael Landreh, and Hans Jörnvall -- 3. The Effect of Combined C-Peptide and Zinc on Cellular Function / Dana M. Spence -- 4. C-Peptide Signaling in the Kidney and Protection from Diabetic Nephropathy / Nigel J. Brunskill -- 5. Role of C-Peptide in the Regulation of Microvascular Blood Flow / Thomas Forst, Matthias M. Weber, Thomas Kunt, and Andreas Pfützner -- 6. Is NO-eNOS a Target for C-Peptide Action and Its Protective Effects on Diabetic Nephropathy? / Kazuhiro Kimura and Akihiro Kamikawa -- 7. Renoprotective Effects of C-Peptide on Type 1 Diabetes / Lina Nordquist, Åsa Kallas, Sara Stridh, Fredrik Palm, and John Wahren -- 8. The Mechanisms Underlying the Effects of C-Peptideon Type 1 Diabetic Neuropathy / Hideki Kamiya, Wei-Xian Zhang, and Anders A.F. Sima -- 9. C-Peptide and Type 1 Diabetic Encephalopathy / Anders A.F. Sima and Wei-Xian Zhang -- 10. C-Peptide: A New Moleculewith Anti-Inflammatory Properties / Jaime Haidet, Vincenza Cifarelli, Xuehui Geng, Massimo Trucco, and Patrizia Luppi -- 11. C-Peptide: Connecting Diabetes with Macrovascular Complications / Karen E. Porter and Romana S. Mughal -- 12. C-Peptide and Diabetic Neuropathy in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes / Karin Ekberg and John Wahren -- 13. Proatherogenic Effects of C-Peptide / Daniel Walcher and Nikolaus Marx -- 14. Conclusions and Future Outlook / Anders A.F. Sima.
- Diabetes and exercise 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and peripheral vascular disease 2012, Springer
- Diabetes and the brain 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and viruses 2013, Springer
- Diabetes care for the older patient 2012, SpringerThe Epidemiology of Diabetes in Older People -- Type 2 Diabetes and Dementia -- Depression in Older People with Diabetes -- Hypoglycaemia and the Older Person -- Cardiovascular Risk, Glucose and Targets for Management of Diabetes in Older People -- Diabetes and Frailty -- Perceptions of Users and Carers in Supporting Diabetes Care: Practical Guidance, Support and Information for Carers -- Management of Elderly People with Diabetes in Primary Care.
- Diabetes in clinical practice 2010, Springer
- Diabetes in women 2009, Springer
- Diabetes management in primary care 2007, OvidIntroduction to diabetes -- Diagnosing and managing the metabolic syndrome in adults, children, and adolescents -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Managing type 2 diabetes in adults -- Physiologic insulin replacement therapy -- Insulin pump therapy -- Assessing glycemic control using home blood glucose monitoring, continuous glucose sensing, and glycated hemoglobin (A1C) testing -- Management of diabetes in pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Lifestyle interventions for patients with diabetes -- In-patient management of patients with diabetes -- Screening, diagnosis, and management of diabetes-related complications -- Amylin, glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists, and dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) inhibitors as novel treatments for diabetes -- Managing mental illness in patients with diabetes.
- Diabetes mellitus. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovidpt. 1. Insulin secretion -- pt. 2. Insulin action -- pt. 3. Definition and classification -- pt. 4. Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- pt. 5. Therapeutics for type 1 diabetes mellitus -- pt. 6. Type 2 diabetes mellitus -- pt. 7. Therapeutics for type 2 diabetes mellitus -- pt. 8. Pregnancy -- pt. 9. Descriptive and clinical complications -- pt. 10. Mechanisms of complications.
- Diabetic foot. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Diagnosis and management of pituitary disorders 2008, Springer
- Diagnosis and management of polycystic ovary syndrome 2009, SpringerPart I. The syndrome. 1. Clinical manifestations of PCOS / Pasquali Renato --2. The Menstrual cycle in PCOS / Sabrina Gill and Janet E. Hall -- 3. The Radiology of Polycystic ovaries / Susan J. Barter -- Part II. Origins -- 4. Insulin resistance in PCOS / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Charikleia D. Christakou -- 5. Genetics of metabolic syndrome and genetic lipodystrophies / Tisha R. Joy and Robert A. Hegele -- 6. The Genetics of polycystic ovary syndrome / Brad Eilerman, Marzieh Salehi, and Yaron Tomer -- 7. Uterine origins and evolution in childhood / Agathocles Tsatsoulis and Nectaria Xita -- Part III. Consequences -- 8. Hyperandrogenism in PCOS / Neoklis A. Georgopoulos, Eleni Kandaraki, and Dimitrios Panidis -- 9. The Risk of diabetes and metabolic syndrome in PCOS / Thomas M. Barber -- 10. The Risks of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in the Polycystic ovary syndrome / Susmeeta T. Sharma and John E. Nestler -- 11. Pregnancy complications in PCOS / Roy Homburg -- 12. Polycystic ovary syndrome, sleep apnea, and daytime sleepiness and fatigue / Alexandros N. Vgontzas and Susan Calhoun -- 13. Polycystic ovarian syndrome and gynaecological cancer / Alexandra Lawrence and W. Peter Mason -- 14. PCOS, depression, and Alzheimer's disease / Pascale G. Stemmle, Heather A. Kenna, and Natalie L. Rasgon -- 15. Psychological issues and their treatment / Melissa J. Himelein and Samuel S. Thatcher -- Part IV. Management -- 16. Dietary management of PCOS / Kate Marsh -- 17. Exercise in the treatment of PCOS / Emma Stevenson -- 18. Medical treatment / Jean-Patrice Baillargeon and Nadir R. Farid -- 19. Therapy of hirsutism / Salvatore Benvenga -- 20. Ovulation induction in PCOS / Evert J.P. van Santbrink -- 21. IVF in Polycystic ovary syndrome / Rehan Salim and Paul Serhal -- 22. The Surgical management of Polycystic ovarian syndrome / Colin J. Davis -- 23. When periods stop: long-term consequences of PCOS / Enrico Carmina, Ettore Guastella, and Manfredi Rizzo.
- Diseases of the pancreas 2008, Springer
- Diseases of the parathyroid glands 2012, Springer1.Molecular Mechanisms of Parathyroid Hormone Synthesis /Tally Naveh-Many and Morris Nechama --2.Regulation of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism /Arthur D. Conigrave --3.Diagnosis and Treatment of the Patient with Abnormal Calcium /Elizabeth H. Holt --4.The Calcium-Sensing Receptor: Physiology and Pathophysiology /Friedhelm Raue and Christine Haag --5.New Concepts for Primary and Secondary Hyperparathyroidism /Joachim Beige and Peter Lamesch --6.Calcific Uremic Arteriolopathy (Calciphylaxis) /Earl H. Rudolph and Edgar V. Lerma --7.Cystic Parathyroid Lesions /Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone --8.Parathyroid Cancer /Maurizio Iacobone and Jean-François Henry --9.Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pathophysiology of Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide /Bandana Chakravarti, Shailendra K. Dhar Dwivedi, Ambrish Mithal and Naibedya Chattopadhyay --10.Ectopic Parathyroid Glands /Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone --11.Hyperparathyroidism in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia /Syeda S. Zaidi, Vipul T. Lakhani and James T. Broome --12.Familial Hypocalciuric Hypercalcemia /Ogo I. Egbuna and Edward M. Brown --13.Hyperparathyroidism-Jaw Tumor Syndrome /Andrew C. Calabria and Michael A. Levine --14.Hypoparathyroidism and Pseudohypoparathyroidism /Rajesh V. Thakker --15.Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Neonates and Children /Eric Mallet and Mireille Castanet --16.Hypoparathyroidism in Children /Anne Lienhardt-Roussie and Agnès Linglart --17.Parathormone Resistance in Children /Agnès Linglart and Eric Mallet --18.The Use of Ultrasonography in the Management of Parathyroid Diseases /Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas --19.Imaging in Parathyroid Diseases /Donald R. Neumann and Joyce J. Shin --20.Parathyroid Surgery /Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas.
- Diseases of the thyroid in childhood and adolescence 2007, KargerOntogenesis and anatomy of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis / Tsoumalis, G.; Tsatsoulis, A -- Thyroid disease during pregnancy / Lazarus, J.H -- Thyroid function in the newborn and infant / Spiliotis, B.E. -- Pediatric aspects of thyroid function and iodine / Knobel, M., Medeiros-Neto, G -- Thyroid hormone transport and actions / Feldt-Rasmussen, U., Rasmussen, Å.K. -- The thyroid and autoimmunity in children and adolescents / Weetman, A.P. -- Congenital hypothyroidism / Karges, B., Kiess, W. -- Newborn screening, hypothyroidism in infants, children and adolescents / Büyükgebiz, A. -- Resistance to thyroid hormone in childhood / Bakker, O. -- Pendred syndrome / Kassem, S., Glaser, B. -- Treatment of hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease in children / Rivkees, S.A. -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy in juvenile Graves' disease: clinical, endocrine and therapeutic aspects / Krassas, G.E., Gogakos, A. -- Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in pediatric age / Wiersinga, W.M. -- Imaging of the normal and affected thyroid in childhood / Bennedbæk, F.N., Hegedüs, L. -- Thyroid and other autoimmune diseases with emphasis on type 1 diabetes mellitus and Turner syndrome / Kapellen, T. ...[et al.] -- Thyroid and trace elements in children and adolescence / Kahaly, G.J.
- Disorders of the human adrenal cortex 2008, KargerSteroidogenic enzymes / Miller, W.L. -- Disorders of adrenal development / Ferraz-de-Souza, B.; Achermann, J.C. -- Adrenal androgens in humans and nonhuman primates: production, zonation and regulation / Nguyen, A.D.; Conley, A.J. -- Clinical implications of androgen synthesis via 5[alpha]-reduced precursors / Ghayee, H.J.; Auchus, R.J. -- P450 oxidoreductase deficiency: a new form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Flück, C.E. ... [et al.] -- Long-term outcome of prenatal treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Lajic, S.; Nordenström, A.; Hirvikoski, T. -- Adrenocorticotropin resistance syndromes / Cooray, S.N. ... [et al.] -- Cushing Syndrome caused by adrenocortical tumors and hyperplasias (corticotropin-independent Cushing Syndrome) / Stratakis, S.A. -- The role of adrenal steroidogenesis in arterial hypertension / Mohaupt, M.G. -- Fetal programming of adrenal androgen excess: lessons from a nonhuman primate model of polycystic ovary syndrome / Abbott, D.H. ... [et al.].
- Doves, diplomats, and diabetes 2013, Springer1. A Darwinian Way of Thinking -- 2. Diabetes in a Textbook -- 3. Diabetes in an Undergraduate Class -- 4. The Rise and Fall of Thrift -- 5. Of Hawks and Doves -- 6. Of Soldiers and Diplomats -- 7. The Physiology of Aggression -- 8. Deploying the Immunological Garrison -- 9. Why Population Density Matters -- 10. Time to Give Up Stress -- 11. Fat: Beyond Energy Storage -- 12. Why Blood Sugar Goes Up -- 13. Beating Around the "Wrong" Bush? -- 14. Behavioral Deficiencies and Behavioral Supplementation -- 15. Where Do We Go From Here?
- Endemic cretinism 2011, Springer
- Endocrine and metabolic disorders. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Endocrine disruption modeling 2009, CRCnetBASEIn silico methods for modeling endocrine disruption / James Devillers -- Mechanisms of endocrine disruptions : a tentative overview / Jean-Marc Porcher, James Devillers, and Nathalie Marchand-Geneste -- Population dynamics modeling : a tool for environmental risk assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals / Andrew R. Brown ... [et al.] -- Application of pharmacokinetic modeling to understand the mechanism of action of endocrine disrupting chemicals / James Devillers -- Comparative modeling review of nuclear hormone receptor superfamily / Nathalie Marchand-Geneste and James Devillers -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Endocrine Disruptor Knowledge Base (EDKB) : lessons learned in QSAR modeling and applications / Hong Fang ... [et al.] -- A structure-activity relationship (SAR) analysis for the identification of environmental estrogens : the categorical-SAR (cat-SAR) approach / Albert R. Cunningham ... [et al.] --Kohonen and counterpropagation neural networks employed for modeling endocrine disruptors / Marjana Novič and Marjan Vračko -- Quantitative spectrometric data-activity relationships (QSDAR) models of endocrine disruptor binding activities / Richard D. Beger, Dan A. Buzatu, and Jon G. Wilkes -- Mechanism-based modeling of estrogen receptor binding affinity : a Common Reactivity Pattern (COREPA) implementation / Ovanes Mekenyan and Rossitsa Serafimova -- Molecular field analysis methods for modeling endocrine disruptors / Jean-Pierre Doucet and Annick Panaye -- Structure-activity modeling of a diverse set of androgen receptor ligands / James Devillers ... [et al.] -- SAR and QSAR analyses of substituted dibenzoylhydrazines for their mode of action as ecdysone agonists / Toshio Fujita and Yoshiaki Nakagawa -- e-Endocrine disrupting chemical databases for deriving SAR and QSAR models / Nathalie Marchand-Geneste ... [et al.].
- Endocrine disruptors and puberty 2012, Springer1. Introduction to Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Andrea C. Gore -- pt. I. EDCs, Endocrine Systems, and Puberty -- 2. In Utero Exposure to Environmental Chemicals: Lessons from Maternal Cigarette Smoking and Its Effects on Gonad Development and Puberty / Rebecca McKinlay, Peter O'Shaughnessey, Richard M. Sharpe, and Paul A. Fowler -- 3. Reproductive Neuroendocrine Targets of Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors / Sarah M. Dickerson, Stephanie L. Cunningham, and Andrea C. Gore -- 4. Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty Disorders from Mice to Men (and Women) / Alberto Mantovani -- 5. Thyroid Hormone Regulation of Mammalian Reproductive Development and the Potential Impact of Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals / Kara Renee Thoemke, Thomas William Bastian, and Grant Wesley Anderson -- pt. II. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and adverse reproductive outcomes -- 6. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Ovarian Function / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, Eleni Palioura, Eleni A. Kandaraki -- 7. Developmental Exposure to Environmental Endocrine Disruptors and Adverse Effects on Mammary Gland Development / Suzanne E. Fenton, Lydia M. Beck, Aditi R. Borde, and Jennifer L. Rayner -- 8. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Male Urogenital Tract Malformations / Mariana F. Fernandez and Nicolas Olea -- 9. EDC Exposures and the Development of Reproductive and Nonreproductive Behaviors / Craige C. Wrenn, Ashwini Mallappa, and Amy B. Wisniewski -- pt. III. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Metabolic Disorders -- 10. Adipocytes as Target Cells for Endocrine Disruption / Amanda Janesick and Bruce Blumberg -- 11. Altered Glucose Homeostasis Resulting from Developmental Exposures to Endocrine Disruptors / Alan Schneyer and Melissa Brown -- 12. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals: Is There a Connection with Birth and Childhood Weights? / Elizabeth E. Hatch, Jessica W. Nelson, Rebecca Troisi, and Linda Titus -- pt. IV. EDCs and Human Health -- 13. The Impact of Endocrine Disruptors on Female Pubertal Timing / Jean-Pierre Bourguignon and Anne-Simone Parent -- 14. The Influence of Endocrine Disruptors on Male Pubertal Timing / Xiufeng Wu, Ningning Zhang, and Mary M. Lee -- 15. Secular Trends in Pubertal Timing: A Role for Environmental Chemical Exposure? / Vincent F. Garry and Peter Truran.
- Endocrine hypertension 2013, Springer
- Endocrine involvement in developmental syndromes 2009, KargerInherited and sporadic epimutations at the IGF2-H19 locus in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and Wilms' tumor / Riccio, A. ... [et al.] -- Epigenetic regulation of growth : lessons from Silver-Russell syndrome / Eggermann, T. -- Genetic imprinting : the paradigm of Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromes / Gurrieri, F., Accadia, M. -- Muscle involvement and IGF-1 signaling in genetic disorders : new therapeutic approaches / Barberi, L. ... [et al.] -- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies and related syndromes : brief review / Bertini, E., D'Amico A. -- Overgrowth syndromes : a classification / Neri, G., Moscarda, M. -- C-type natriuretic peptide and overgrowth / Bocciardi, R., Ravazzolo, R. -- Role of transcription factors in midline central nervous system and pituitary defects / Kelberman, D., Dattani, M.T. --Developmental abnormalities of the posterior pituitary gland / Di Iorgi, N. ... [et al.] -- Hyperinsulinism in developmental syndromes / Kapoor, R.R., James, C., Hussain, K. -- Developmental syndromes : growth hormone deficiency and treatment / Mazzanti, L. ... [et al.] -- Growth hormone-resistant syndromes : long-term follow-up / Chernausek, S.D. -- Phenotypic aspects of growth hormone- and IGF-I-resistant syndromes / Savage, M.O. ... [et al.] -- Double diabetes : a mixture of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in youth / Pozzilli, P., Guglielmi, C. -- Cryptorchidism as part of the testicular dysgenesis syndrome : the environmental connection / Main, K.M., Skakkebaek, N.E., Toppari, J. -- Disorders of sex development in developmental syndromes / Hiort, O., Gillessen-Kaesbach, G.
- Endocrine manifestations of systemic autoimmune diseases 2008, ScienceDirectThis book is one of the first to evaluate the role of Steroids in autoimmune rheumatic diseases from the basic mechanisms to the clinical involvements and focuses on the importance of steroidal hormones in the pathogenesis and therapeutical management of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. In particular, the chapters analyze the mechanisms of action and the involvement of adrenal steroids (glucocorticoids) in the neuroendocrine immune system, including the effects on elderly. The perturbations of the HPA axis as source of altered steroidal sythesis will be discussed and related to some interesting pathological conditions often complicating the autoimmune rheumatic diseases susch as psychosis or fibromyalgia. Concerning the role of gonadal steroids (sex hormones), several chapters will discuss clinical and epidemiological evidences of their role, as well as their effects as risk factors in autoimmune rheumatic diseases, including a section in Pediatrics. *The premier issue evaluating the role of Steroids in autoimmune rheumatic diseases from the basic mechanisms to the clinical involvements *Documents the latest research and indicate recent and coming new therapeutical-biological approaches to the therapy *The book will present therapeutical perspectives concerning the new glucocorticoids, and the effects of biological drugs on their synthesis.
- Endocrine neoplasia 2010, SpringerPart. I Thyroid.-- Biology of thyroid oncogenesis / Insoo Suh, Electron Kebebew.-- Evaliation of the thyroid nodule / Dina M. Elaraj.-- Differentiated thyroid cancers of follicular cell origin / Linwah Yip, Sally E. Carty.-- Sporadic medullary thyroid cancer / Adrian Harvey, Janice L. Pasieka.-- Anaplastic thyroid cancer / Alan P.B. Dackiw.-- Part II. Parathyroid.-- Primary hyperparathyroidism / Kaitlyn J. Kelly, Herbert Chen, Rebecca S. Sippel.-- Parathyromatosis and parathyroid cancer / Wen T. Shen.-- Part III. Incidentaloma / Jacob Malem, Insoo Suh, Quan-Yang Duh.-- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma / Goswin Y. Meyer-Rochow, Stan B. Sidhu.-- Functional cortical neoplasms / Ali Zarrinpar, Michael W. Yeh.-- Adrenocortical carcinoma / Patsy S.H. Soon, Stan B. Sidhu.-- Part IV. Pnacreatic neuroendocrine tumors.-- Gastrinoma / Anthony J. Chambers, Janice L. Pasieka.-- Insulinoma / Kimberly Vanderveen, Clive Grant.-- Rare neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas / Shih-Ping Cheng, Gerard M. Doherty.-- Part V. Multiple endocrine neoplasia.-- Menin gene / Hsin-Chieh Jennifer Shen, Steven K. Libutti.-- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type I: clinical manifestations and management / Anathea C. Powell, Steven K. Libutti.-- RET protooncogene / Amber L. Traugott, Jeffrey F. Moley.-- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2: clinical manifestations and management / Amber L. Traugott, Jeffrey F. Moely.
- Endocrine pathology. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerMethods in cellular and molecular pathology / Paul Komminoth ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamus and neurohypophysis / Kazuhiro Takahashi, Osamu Murakami, and Toraichi Mouri -- Tumors in the adenohypophysis / Fateme Salehi ... [et al.] -- Recent developments in molecular embryogenesis and molecular biology of the pituitary / Robert Y. Osamura and Noboru Egashira -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of pituitary tumors / Ricardo V. Lloyd -- The pineal gland / Katherine M. Lindstrom and M. Beatriz S. Lopes -- The parathyroid / H. Rubén Harach -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of the parathyroid / Vânia Nosé and Ashraf Khan -- Pathology of thyroid gland / Ashraf Khan and Vânia Nosé -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of the thyroid / Yuri E. Nikiforov -- Adrenal cortex / Hironobu Sasano ... [et al.] -- Adrenal medulla and paraganglia / Anne Marie McNicol -- Molecular biology of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas / Elizabeth E. King and Patricia L.M. Dahia -- Endocrine ovaries / Xavier Matias Guiu -- Endocrine testis / Robert E. Emerson, Liang Cheng, and Thomas M. Ulbright -- Endocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal system / Guido Rindi ... [et al.] -- The endocrine pancreas / Stefano La Rosa ... [et al.] -- Neuroendocrine differentiation patterns in various organs (including lung, breast, skin, and urogenital tract) / Marco Volante ... [et al.] -- Endocrine lung / William D. Travis -- Cutaneous neuroendocrine tumors / Lori A. Erickson -- Neuroendocrine carcinomas of the thymus / Cesar A. Moran and Saul Suster -- Endocrine placenta / Raymond W. Redline -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of endocrine glands / Ema A. Dragoescu and Celeste N. Powers -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome / Kennichi Kakudo, Yasuhiro Ito, and Masahide Takahashi -- Polyglandular autoimmune diseases / Ricardo V. Lloyd -- Biochemical testing for neuroendocrine tumors / Aaron I. Vinik and Maria P. Silva -- Surgical management of endocrine disorders / Joseph B. Lillegard, Travis J. McKenzie, and Geoffrey B. Thompson -- Medical treatment of neuroendocrine tumors / Timothy J. Hobday -- Radiation treatment of endocrine tumors / Sunil Krishnan, Deepa Suresh, and Robert L. Foote -- Future directions in endocrine pathology / Ricardo V. Lloyd.
- Endocrine physiology. 4th ed. 2013, AccessMedicineThis book provides comprehensive coverage of the fundamental concepts of hormone biological action. These concepts provide a solid foundation for understanding the physiologic mechanisms involved in neuroendocrine regulation of organ function. -- Publisher description
- Endocrine secrets. Sixth edition [6th ed.]. 2013, ScienceDirectContinues the tradition of the Secrets Series®, offering fast answers to the most essential clinical endocrinology questions. The Q&A format includes pearls, tips, and memory aids to help you to learn and study efficiently. Provides a concise board review or handy clinical endocrinology resource.
- Endocrine surgery 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Endocrine surgery 2009, Springer
- Endocrine tumor syndromes and their genetics 2013, KargerMultiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 / Agarwal, S.K. -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 / Lodish, M. -- Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome / Chou, A. ... [et al.] -- Carney complex -- Espiard, S., Bertherat, J. -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 / Lee, M., Pellegata, N.S. -- Novel hereditary forms of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas / Dahia, P.L.M. -- Carney triad / Carney, J.A. -- Genetics of pituitary adenomas / Gadelha, M.R. ... [et al.] -- Clinical behavior and genetics of nonsyndromic, familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer / Bauer, A.J. -- Genetic defects associated with familial and sporadic hyperparathyroidism / Hendy, G.N., Cole, D.E.C. -- Endocrine tumors associated with neurofibromatosis type 1, Peutz-Jeghers syndrome, and other familial neoplasia syndromes / Kalkan, E., Waguespack, S.G.
- Endocrine updates v. 25-, 2007-, Springer
- Endocrine-disrupting chemicals 2007, Springer
- Endocrinology 2001, NCBI Bookshelf
- Endocrinology of physical activity and sport. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerUnderstanding the influence and interaction between physical activity and the endocrine system are of paramount importance in dealing with a multitude of health problems. In Endocrinology of Physical Activity and Sport, renowned physicians and researchers provide a comprehensive and expanded update on the scientific, clinical and practical components of endocrinology as related to sport and exercise. The authors thoroughly review what is known about how such activity affects the endocrine system and how in turn these hormonal responses affect many other organs and systems of the body. In addition, aspects of endocrinology in non-glandular tissue which have endocrine actions are addressed; for example, adipocytes and the release of leptin and related adipocytokines. Further, a wide range of clinically related topics such as athletic amenorrhea, osteopenia, sarcopenia, and hypogonadism are included. This new edition critically integrates what is known about the complex interaction of the endocrine system in the sports context and will again prove immensely valuable to all physicians and clinical investigators treating those active in sports today.
- Endocrinology. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Endocrinopathy after childhood cancer treatment 2009, KargerHypopituitarism following radiotherapy revisited / Darzy, K.H., Shalet, S.M. -- Alterations in pubertal timing following therapy for childhood malignancies / Armstrong, G.T., Chow, E.J., Sklar, C.A. -- Obesity during and after treatment for childhood cancer / Reilly, J.J. -- Metabolic disorders / Gregory, J.W. -- Bone and bone turnover / Crofton, P.M. -- Male fertility and strategies for fertility preservation following childhood cancer treatment / Mitchell, R.T. ... [et al.] -- Fertility in female childhood cancer survivors / De Bruin, M.L. ... [et al.] -- Long-term follow-up of survivors of childhood cancer / Edgar, A.B. ... [et al.].
- Erythropoietin and the nervous system 2006, Springer1. History and Biology of Erythropoietin in Hematopoietic and Non-Neural Tissues / Giorgia Melli, Sanjay Keswani and Ahmet Höke, p. 1-13 -- 2. Expression of Erythropoietin and Its Receptor in the Central Nervous System / Hugo Marti and Christian Bauer, p. 15-31 -- 3. Erythropoietin and Neuroprotection in the Central Nervous System: Intracellular Signaling Pathways / Murat Digicaylioglu, p. 33-48 -- 4. Regulation of Erythropoietin Expression in the Nervous System: The Hypoxia Inducible Factor / Juan Chavez and JoAnn Gensert, p. 49-67 -- 5. Erythropoietin Neuroprotection in the Term and Preterm Infant: Safety and Efficacy / Eric Demers and Sandra Juul, p. 69-98 -- 6. Erythropoietin for the Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Preclinical Rationale / Michael Renzi, Linda Jolliffe, Francis Farrell and Kenneth Rhodes, p. 99-112 -- 7. Erythropoietin Neuroprotection in the Retina / Gundula Rohde, Mathias Bähr and Jochen Weishaupt, p. 113-126 -- 8. Erythropoietin for Treatment of Human Brain Disease: Experience from Proof-of-Concept Trials / Hannelore Ehrenreich and Anna-Leena Sirén, p. 127-145 -- 9. Erythropoietin in Spinal Cord Injury Challenges for a Novel Neuroprotective Strategy / Michael Brines and Anthony Cerami, p. 147-164 -- 10. Erythropoietin and Neuroprotection in the Peripheral Nervous System: In Vivo Studies / W. Campana, p. 165-177 -- 11. An Endogenous Pathway Preventing Axonal Degeneration Mediated by Schwann Cell-Derived Erythropoietin / Sanjay Keswani and Ahmet Höke, p. 179-190 -- 12. Role of Erythropoietin in Inflammatory Pathologies of the CNS/ Pietro Ghezzi, Paolo Bigini and Manuela Mengozzi, p. 191-209 -- 13. Development of Non-Erythropoietic Erythropoietin Variants for Neuroprotection / Lars Torup and Marcel Leist, p. 211-219.
- Evidence-based endocrinology 2006, SpringerThe new endocrinologist: evidence-based medicine meets endocrine practice / Victor M. Montori -- A short history of evidence-based medicine / Jeanne Daly -- The philosophy of evidence-based medicine, 15 years later / Gordon H. Guyatt and Jason W. Busse -- Preparing future generations of evidence-based endocrinologists / Michael L. Green -- Finding current best evidence in clinical endocrinology / R. Brian Haynes and Cynthia J. Walker-Dilks -- Integrating evidence into clinical diagnosis / W. Scott Richardson -- Supporting evidence-based endocrine practice / Steven A. Smith and Geoffrey Gates -- Helping patients make decisions at the point of care / Annette M. O'Connor, Dawn Stacey, and France Légaré -- Incorporating evidence into health policy decisions / Eduardo Ortiz and Janelle Guirguis-Blake -- The value of observational studies in endocrinology / L. Joseph Melton III -- The value of clinical investigations in endocrinology / William L. Isley -- Systematic reviews and the Cochrane collaboration in endocrinology / Bernd Richter --Health-related quality of life of in endocrinology / Holger J. Schnemann and Elie A. Akl -- Using decision analyses in endocrinology / David Aron and Evelyn Mentari -- Clouded thinking: the misguided use of cost-effectiveness analysis and the implications for endocrine interventions / Amiram Gafni -- The value of translational research in diabetes: asking broader questions / Russell E. Glasgow, Elizabeth Bayliss, and Paul A. Estabrooks -- The patient with type 1 diabetes and hypoglycemia / Yogish C. Kudva, Teck-Kim Khoo and Peter J. Tebben -- The patient with medically complicated obesity / Kurt A. Kennel -- The patient at risk of type 2 diabetes: considering prevention / Sarah E. Capes -- The patient with type 2 diabetes and incomplete metabolic control / Sean F. Dinneen and Robert K. Semple -- The patient with diabetes using alternative medicine / Edward J. Mills and Dugald Seely -- The patient with osteoporosis / Clifford J. Rosen and Sue A. Brown -- The neuroendocrinology of medically unexplained syndromes: the example of chronic fatigue syndrome / Jason W. Busse.
- Evidence-based endocrinology. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidHypothalamic-pituitary disorders -- Thyroid disorders -- Adrenal disorders -- Metabolic bone disorders -- Reproductive disorders -- Diabetes mellitus -- Lipid disorders -- Obesity and nutrition -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Carcinoid tumors -- Paraneoplastic endocrine syndromes -- Genetics.
- Genetic diagnosis of endocrine disorders. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectMechanisms of mutation -- Pancreas - Genetic testing in diabetes mellitus: a clinical guide to monogenic diabetes -- Obesity -- Syndromes of severe insulin resistance and/or lipodystrophy -- Pituitary -- Functioning pituitary adenomas -- Diabetes insipidus -- States of pituitary hypofunction -- Thyroid -- Congenital defects of thyroid hormone synthesis -- Developmental abnormalities of the thyroid -- Syndromes of reduced sensitivity to thyroid hormone -- Molecular genetics of thyroid cancer: pathogenetic significance and clinical applications -- Parathyroid and bone -- Genetics of hyperparathyroidism including parathyroid cancer -- Genetic diagnosis of skeletal dysplasias -- Vitamin D disorders -- Adrenal -- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia -- Genetics of adrenocortical tumors (ACT) and hypersecretory syndromes -- Hereditary pheochromocytoma and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (MEN2) -- Genetic conditions associated with congenital adrenocortical insufficiency or glucocorticoid and/or mineralocorticoid resistance -- Reproductive -- Genetic considerations in the evaluation of menstrual cycle irregularities -- Genetic diagnosis of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome -- Disorders of sex development -- Genetic defects of androgen resistance -- Multisystem disorders -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) -- Genetics of polyglandular failure -- Growth -- Genetic diagnosis of growth failure -- Counseling and laboratory -- Genetic counseling -- Setting up a laboratory.
- Genomics in endocrinology 2008, SpringerMicroarray-based gene expression analysis of endocrine systems: principles of experimental design and interpretation. -- Gene expression profiles and transcription factors involved in parathyroid hormone signaling in osteoblastic cells. -- Analysis of growth hormone effects on hepatic gene expression in hypophysectomized rats. -- Gene expression profiling in leiomyoma in response to GnRH therapy and TGF-beta. -- Gene profiling analysis of androgen receptor mediated function. -- Interrogating estrogen receptor [alpha] signaling in breast cancer by chromatin immunoprecipitation microarrays. -- Gene expression analysis of the adrenal cortex in health and disease. -- DNA microarray analysis of human uterine decidualization. -- Large-scale DNA microarray data analysis reveals glucocorticoid receptor-mediated breast cancer cell survival pathways. -- Application of microarrays for gene transcript analysis in type 2 diabetes. -- DNA microarray analysis of effects of TSH, iodide, cytokines, and therapeutic agents on gene expression in cultured human thyroid follicles. -- Genomics and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): the use of microarray analysis to identify new candidate genes. -- Microarray analysis of alterations induced by obesity in white adipose tissue gene expression profiling. -- Novel molecular signaling and classification of human clinically nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas identified by microarray and reverse transcription-quantitative polymerase chain reaction. -- Gene expression studies of prostate hyperplasia in prolactin transgenic mice.
- Ghrelin in health and disease 2012, Springer
- Ghrelin system 2013, Karger
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirectSection I. Development and cell migration -- Section II. GnRH receptors -- Section III. Physiology and regulation.
- Greenspan's Basic & clinical endocrinology 2011 (9th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Growth and lactogenic hormones 2002, ScienceDirect
- Growth hormone deficiency in adults 2005, KargerClinical aspects of growth hormone deficiency in adults: an overview / Jørgensen, J.O.L., Christiansen, J.S. -- Epidemiology of adult growth hormone deficiency: prevalence, incidence, mortality and morbidity / Erfurth, E.M. -- Hypopituitarism following traumatic brain injury / Popovic, V. ... [et al.] -- IGF-I measurements: epidemiological and clinical aspects / Juul, A. -- Diagnosis of growth hormone deficiency / Fisker, S., Andersen, M., Orskov, H. -- Clinical monitoring of growth hormone replacement in adults / Gibney, J., Johannsson, G. -- Consequences of growth hormone deficiency for intermediary metabolism and effects of replacement / Norrelund, H. -- Skeletal and cardiac muscle in adults with growth hormone deficiency / Cuneo, R.C., Wallace, J.D. -- Bone metabolism and growth hormone deficiency: experimental and clinical aspects / Ueland, T., Bollerslev, J. -- Growth hormone and fluid homeostasis / Moller, J. -- Growth hormone and body composition / Mersebach, H., Feldt-Rasmussen, U. -- Effects of growth hormone deficiency and growth hormone treatment on quality of life in growth hormone-deficient adults / Arwert, L.I., Berend Deijen, J., Drent, M.L. -- Safety aspects of growth hormone replacement / Waterhouse, M., Monson, J.P.
- Growth hormone related diseases and therapy 2011, Springer
- Handbook of diabetes management 2006, Springer
- Handbook of neuroendocrinology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeuroendocrinology, the discipline concerned with how the nervous system controls hormonal secretion and how hormones control the brain, is pivotal to physiology and medicine. Neuroendocrinology has disclosed and underpins fundamental physiological, molecular biological and genetic principles such as the regulation of gene transcription and translation, the mechanisms of chemical neurotransmission and intracellular and systemic feedback control systems. Reproduction, growth, stress, aggression, metabolism, birth, feeding and drinking and blood pressure are some of the bodily functions that are triggered and/or controlled by neuroendocrine systems. In turn, neuroendocrine dysfunction due to genetic or other deficits can lead, for example, to infertility, impotence, precocious or delayed puberty, defective or excessive growth, obesity and anorexia, Cushing's Syndrome, hypertension or thyroid disorders. These as well as neuroendocrine tumors are some of the themes covered in the 36 chapters of the Handbook. Drafted by internationally acknowledged experts in the field, the Handbook chapters feature detailed up-to-date bibliographies as well as "how do we know?" call out sections that highlight the experimental or technical foundations for major concepts, principles, or methodological advances in each area. Aimed at senior undergraduate and graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and faculty in neuroscience, medicine, endocrinology, psychiatry, psychology and cognate disciplines, the Handbook of Neuroendocrinology satisfies an unmet need that will prove useful at the laboratory bench as well as in the office.
- Handbook of parathyroid diseases 2012, Springer
- History of diabetes in pregnancy 2012, Springer
- Hormonal and genetic basis of sexual differentiation disorders and hot topics in endocrinology 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Genetic disorders of steroids : speakers -- pt. 2. Prenatal diagnosis of congenital adrenal hyperplasia : speakers -- pt. 3. Treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia : speakers -- pt. 4. Receptor defects : speakers -- pt. 5. Psychological aspects of intersex : speakers -- pt. 6. Embryology of sex differentiation : speakers -- pt. 7. Disorders of sex differentiation : speakers -- pt. 8. Hormonal hypertension : speakers -- pt. 9. Skeletal biology : speakers -- pt. 10. Posters.
- Hormonal carcinogenesis. V 2008, Springer
- Hormone assays in biological fluids 2006, Springer ProtocolsImmunoassay techniques / Michael J. Wheeler -- High-performance liquid chromatography for hormone assay / John W. Honour -- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / John W. Honour -- An introduction to PCR techniques / Gill Rumsby -- Methods for the investigation of thyroid function / Christine R. Squire -- Assays for LH, FSH, and prolactin / Michael J. Wheeler -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and related peptides / Les A. Perry -- Measurement of glucocorticoids in biological fluids / Geoff Holder -- Urinary steroid profiling / Norman F. Taylor -- Measurement of aldosterone in blood / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of plasma renin activity / Marion L. Cawood -- Measurement of androgens / Michael J. Wheeler -- Measurement of gut hormones in plasma / Shahred Taheri, Mohammed Ghatei, and Steve Bloom -- Measurement of melatonin and 6-sulphatoxymelatonin / Benita Middleton.
- Hormone resistance and hypersensitivity 2013, KargerThyroid hormone transporters and resistance / T.J. Visser -- Genetics and epigenetics of parathyroid hormone resistance / M. Bastepe -- Gonadotropin resistance / A.C. Latronico, I.J.P. Arnhold -- Clinical and molecular aspects of androgen insensitivity / O. Hiort -- Exploring the molecular mechanisms of glucocorticoid receptor action from sensitivity to resistance / S. Ramamoorthy, J.A. Cidlowski -- ACTH resistance : genes and mechanisms / E. Meimaridou ... [et al.] -- Primary generalized familial and sporadic glucocorticoid resistance (chrousos syndrome) and hypersensitivity / E. Charmandari, T. Kino, G.P. Chrousos -- Pseudohypoaldosteronism / F.G. Riepe -- New aspects of the physiology of the GH-IGF-1 axis / A. Vottero, C. Guzzetti, S. Loche -- Molecular and clinical aspects of GHRH receptor mutations / V. Corazzini, R. Salvatori -- Current issues on molecular diagnosis of GH signaling defects / E. Feigerlova ... [et al.] -- Molecular IGF-1 and IGF-1 receptor defects : from genetics to clinical management / M.J.E. Walenkamp, M. Losekoot, J.M. Wit -- Phenotypes, investigation, and treatment of primary IGF-1 deficiency / M.O. Savage -- Human congenital perilipin deficiency and insulin resistance / K. Kozusko, S. Patel, D.B. Savage.
- Hormone therapy 2013, Springer
- Hormones and social behaviour 2008, Springer
- Hormones and the brain 2005, Springer
- IGF-I and IGF binding proteins 2005, KargerThe IGF system: new developments relevant to pediatric practice / Rosenfeld, R.G. -- Clinical relevance of systemic and local IGF-I / Yakar, S. ... [et al.] -- Cartilage disorders: potential therapeutic use of mesenchymal stem cells / Spagnoli, A., Longobardi, L., O'Rear, L. -- Treatment in animal models / Guan, J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin-like growth factor-I and risk of type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease: molecular epidemiology / Sandhu, M.S. -- Quantitative measurement of IGF-I and its use in diagnosing and monitoring treatment of disorders of growth hormone secretion / Clemmons, D.R. -- IGF-I and IGFBP-3 assessment in the management of childhood onset growth hormone deficiency / Cianfarani, S., Liguori, A., Germani, D. -- IGFs and IGFBPs in clinical management of adult growth hormone deficiency / Aimaretti, G. ... [et al.] -- Monitoring of insulin-like growth factors during growth hormone treatment: adulthood growth hormone deficiency / Monson, J.P. -- IGFs and IGFBPs in clinical management: GH insensitivity / Savage, M.O. ... [et al.] -- Childhood and adol[e]scent diabetes / Dunger, D.B., Regan, F.M., Acerini, C.L. -- Insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus: is there a therapeutic role for IGF-1? / Moses, A.C. -- Insulin-like growth factors in the treatment of neurological disease / Leinninger, G.M., Feldman, E.L. -- Insulin-like growth factor system in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / Wilczak, N., De Keyser, J.
- IGFs 2010, Springer
- Imaging endocrine diseases in children 2012, Springer
- Immunoendocrinology 2011, Springer
- Immunoendocrinology in health and disease 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Abnormalities in puberty ...............
- — Immunoendocrinology in health and dis...
- Inborn metabolic diseases. 5th ed. .....
- — Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and th...
- Ultrasound diagnostics of thyroid dis...
- — Williams Textbook of endocrinology. 1...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases