Books by Subject
- AccessEmergency Medicine is a complete online service that allows users to quickly search the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of emergency cases with videos.
- AccessEmergency Medicine is a complete online service that allows users to quickly search the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of emergency cases with videos.
- Interactive self-assessment section of AccessEmergency Medicine website. Allows users to create and take custom tests based on standard review texts.
- Toy, Eugene C.Clinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyRaby, Nigel; Berman, Laurence; De Lacey, Gerald; Morley, Simon.Since it was first published, Accident and Emergency Radiology: A Survival Guide has become the classic in-my-pocket-reference and an indispensable aid to all those who work in the Emergency Department. The core and substantial value lies in the step-by-step analytical approaches which help you to answer this question: "These images look normal to me, but . . . how can I be sure that I am not missing a subtle but important abnormality?" Ensure accuracy in reading and interpretation of any given image. Common sources of error and diagnostic difficulty are highlighted. Prevent mistakes. Pitfalls and associated abnormalities are emphasized throughout. Avoid misdiagnoses. Normal anatomy is outlined alongside schemes for detecting variants of the norm. Each chapter concludes with a summary of key points. Will provide a useful overview of the most important features in diagnosis and interpretation.Easily grasp difficult anatomical concepts. Radiographs accompanied by clear, explanatory line-drawings.
- 2007 SpringerBritt, L. D.; Feliciano, David V.; Trunkey, Donald D.Part I. General Principles -- Initial Assessment and Early Resuscitation / Louis H. Alarcon and Andrew B. Peitzman -- The Operating Theater for Acute Care Surgery / Kenneth L. Mattox -- Anesthesia and Acute Care Surgery / Omid Moayed and Richard P. Dutton -- Fundamental Operative Approaches in Acute Care Surgery / David J. Ciesla and Ernest E. Moore -- The Perioperative Management of the Acute Care Surgical Patient / Craig M. Coopersmith and Timothy G. Buchman -- The Hemodynamically Labile Patient: Cardiovascular Adjuncts and Assist Devices / Edward E. Cornwell and Preeti R. John -- Principles and Practice of Nutritional Support for Surgical Patients / Maheswari Senthil, Bobby Rupani, Jondavid H. Jabush and Edwin A. Deitch -- The Intensive Care Unit: The Next-Generation Operating Room / Philip S. Barie, Soumitra R. Eachempati and Jian Shou -- Burns / Basil A. Pruitt and Richard L. Gamelli -- Electrical and Lightning Injuries / Raphael C. Lee -- Soft Tissue Infections / Anthony A. Meyer, Jeffrey E. Abrams, Thomas L. Bosshardt and Claude H. Organ -- The Open Abdomen: Management from Initial Laparotomy to Definitive Closure / Fred A. Luchette, Stathis J. Poulakidas and Thomas J. Esposito -- Acute Care Surgery and the Elderly / Patrick K. Kim, Donald R. Kauder and C. William Schwab -- Acute Care Surgery in the Rural Setting / Dana Christian Lynge, Nicholas W. Morris and John G. Hunter -- Prehospital Care in the Acute Setting / Norman E. McSwain -- Disaster and Mass Casualty Management / Eric R. Frykberg -- Principles of Injury Prevention and Control / M. Margaret Knudson and Larisa S. Speetzen -- Education: Surgical Simulation in Acute Care Surgery / Lenworth M. Jacobs and Karyl J. Burns -- Part II. Organ-Based Approach -- Pharynx and Larynx / Ernest M. Myers -- Head and Neck: Pediatrics / Reza Rahbar and Gerald B. Healy -- Esophagus / George C. Velmahos, Nahid Hamoui, Peter F. Crookes and Demetrios Demetriades -- Central Nervous System / Peter B. Letarte -- Chest Wall / John C. Mayberry and Donald D. Trunkey -- Lungs and Pleura / Riyad Karmy-Jones and J. Wayne Meredith -- Heart / Matthew S. Slater -- Thoracic Aorta / Peter I. Ellman and Irving L. Kron -- Diaphragm / Michel B. Aboutanos, Therèse M. Duane, Ajai K. Malhotra and Rao R. Ivatury -- Abdominal Wall / Jeffrey A. Claridge and Martin A. Croce -- Foregut / Philip E. Donahue -- Small Intestine / Juliet Lee, Todd Ponsky and Jeffrey L. Ponsky -- Liver and Biliary Tract / Spiros P. Hiotis and Hersch L. Pachter -- Pancreas / Juan A. Asensio, Patrizio Petrone and L. D. Britt -- Spleen / L. D. Britt -- Intraabdominal Vasculature / George H. Meier and Hosam F. El Sayed -- Colon and Rectum / Herand Abcarian -- Urogenital Tract / Nejd F. Alsikafi, Sean P. Elliott, Maurice M. Garcia and Jack W. McAninch -- Pelvis / Craig M. Rodner and Bruce D. Browner -- Lower Extremities / Tina A. Maxian and Michael J. Bosse -- Hand and Upper Extremities / David T. Netscher and Idris Gharbaoui -- Peripheral Vasculature / David V. Feliciano -- Part III. Administration, Ethics, and Law -- Understanding the Latest Changes in EMTALA: Our Country's Emergency Care Safety Net / Thomas R. Russell -- Informed Surgical Consent / Linda S. Laibstain and Robert C. Nusbaum -- Advance Directives / David G. Jacobs -- The Nonviable Patient and Organ Procurement / Frederic J. Cole, Jay N. Collins and Leonard J. Weireter -- Ethical Dilemmas and the Law / Ira J. Kodner, Daniel M. Freeman, Robb R. Whinney and Douglas J. E. Schuerer -- Part IV. System and Curriculum Development -- Development of a Regional System for Surgical Emergencies (RSSE) / A. Brent Eastman, David B. Hoyt and J. Wayne Meredith -- Acute Care Surgery: A Proposed Curriculum / L. D. Britt and Michael F. Rotondo -- Emergency General Surgery: The Vanderbilt Model / José J. Diaz, Oscar D. Guillamondegui and John A. Morris -- Part V. The International Communities -- Acute Care Surgery: United Kingdom / Bernard F. Ribeiro, Simon Paterson-Brown, Murat Akyol, Michael Walsh and Andrew Sim, et al. -- Acute Care Surgery: Australia / Thomas Kossmann and Ilan S. Freedman -- Acute Care Surgery: Japan / Kyoichi Takaori and Nobuhiko Tanigawa.
- 2015 SpringerEachempati, Soumitra R.; Reed, R. Lawrence.
- 2008 CRCnetBASEKendall, Ronald J.State of the science : background, history, and current threats / Steven M. Presley, Chris B. Pepper, Galen P. Austin, Ronald J. Kendall -- Threats and vulnerabilities associated with biological and chemical terrorism / Steven M. Presley, Galen P. Austin, Phil N. Smith, John White, Ronald J. Kendall -- Predicting and characterizing threat transport / Jeremy W. Leggoe, Chia-bo Chang, Stephen B. Cox, Steven M. Presley, Richard Zartman -- Assessment strategies for environmental protection from chemical and biological threats / Richard Zartman, Chai-Bo Chang, George P. Cobb, Joe Fralick, Steven M. Presley -- Chemical threat agent-induced latent (delayed) neurodegeneration / Jean Strahlendorf and Howard Strahlendorf -- Sensing biological and chemical threat agents / Gopal Coimbatore, Steven M. Presley, Jonathan Boyd, Eric J. Marsland, and George P. Cobb -- Phage display and its application for the detection and therapeutic intervention of biological threat agents / Joe A. Fralick and Prabhjit Chadha-Mohanty -- Personnel protective fabric technologies for chemical countermeasures / Seshadri Ramkumar, Utkarsh Sata, and Munim Hussain -- Pathogenic and toxic effects of select biological threat agents / Jia-Sheng Wang -- Conclusions and research needs for the future / Ronald J. Kendall, Galen P. Austin, Chia-bo Chang, George P. Cobb, Gopal Coimbatore, Stephen B. Cox, Joe A. Fralick, Jeremy W. Leggoe, Steven M. Presley, Seshadri S.Ramkumar, Philip N. Smith, Jean C. Strahlendorf, and Richard E. Zartman.
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency - A.P.I.C.E. : proceedings of the 21st postgraduate course in critical care medicine, Venice-Mestre, Italy - November 10-13, 20062007 SpringerGullo, A.
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency - A.P.I.C.E. : proceedings of the 20th postgraduate course in critical care medicine, Trieste, Italy - November 18-21, 20052006 SpringerGullo, A.
- Anaesthesia, pharmacology, intensive care and emergency A.P.I.C.E. : proceedings of the 25th Annual Meeting -- International Symposium on Critical Care Medicine2014 SpringerGullo, A.The APICE 2013 yearbook examines recent advances in various aspects of critical care medicine and highlights the importance of effective communication among researchers, scientists, and clinicians. Among the many topics addressed are trauma care organization, the management of patients with cardiovascular, kidney, and lung disorders, issues relating to severe infections and sepsis, and the humanization of end of life care. The overriding goal of the book is to provide guidance and stimulate further thought on how professional performance in critical care medicine can be improved. Triple B translational research, from the bench to the bedside and back again (via the translation of clinical observations into new research questions), will play a major role in this context, and is particularly discussed in the chapter about sepsis and organ dysfunction. There is no doubt that the transfer of far-reaching and dynamic developments in molecular and cellular biology into clinical practice will be a key component in delivering the care required by individual patients.
- Anaesthesia, pharmacology, intensive care and emergency medicine A.P.I.C.E. : proceedings of the 23rd Postgraduate Course in Critical Care Medicine - Catania, Italy November 5-7, 20102011 SpringerGullo, A.pt. I. Continuing medical education -- 1. Can I Think what I Read? / Philip D. Lumb -- pt. II. Clinical pharmacology -- 2. Pharmacological Manipulation in ICU / Daniel De Backer, Katia Donadello and Sabino Scolletta -- pt. III. Kidney -- 3. Renal Injury / Vladimir Gašparović, Ivan Gornik -- pt. IV. Ventilation: adult and paediatric -- 4. Respiratory Mechanics: Principles, Utility and Advances / Alysson R. Carvalho, Walter A. Zin -- 5. Capnometry/capnography in Prehospital Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Štefek Grmec, Katia Lah and Štefan Mally -- 6. Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation / Irene Cortés Puch, Andrés Esteban -- 7. Ventilatory Strategies in Acute Lung Injury / Edoardo Calderini, Sara Sher and Eleonora Allegritti -- 8. Mechanical Ventilation Beyond the PICU / Giancarlo Ottonello, Alessia Franceschi -- pt. V. Cardiovascular monitoring 9. The Nexfin Monitor--A Totally Non-Invasive Cardiac Output Monitor / Azriel Perel, Wilbert Wesselink and Jos Settels -- 10. Doppler Echocardiography in ICU Patients: Does It Improve Outcome? / Jan Poelaert -- pt. VI. Management of cardiac arrest -- 11. Mild Therapeutic Hypothermia after Cardiac Arrest / Tommaso Pellis, Vincenzo Mione and Willy P. Mercante -- 12. Nasopharyngeal Cooling During Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Francesco Fumagalli, Giuseppe Ristagno -- 13. Amplitude Spectrum Area as a Predictor of Successful Defibrillation / Giuseppe Ristagno, Yongqin Li, Antonino Gullo and Joe Bisera -- pt. VII. Advances in experimental and clinical research -- 14. Physiopathology and Severity of Post-Resuscitation Myocardial Dysfunction: Effects of Sodium-Hydrogen Exchanger Isoform-1 (NHE-1) Inhibitors and Erythropoietin / Raúl J. Gazmuri, Iyad M. Ayoub and Jeejabai Radhakrishnan -- 15. Experimental Treatment for Preservation of Mechanically Competent Cardiac Activity Following Cardiac Arrest / Iyad M. Ayoub, Jeejabai Radhakrishnan and Raúl J. Gazmuri -- 16. Erythropoietin Facilitates Return of Spontaneous Circulation and Survival in Victims of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest / Štefek Grmec, Matej Strand and Raúl J. Gazmuri -- pt. VIII. Infections, sepsis and organ dysfunctions -- 17. Pathophysiology of Resistance amongst Aerobic Gram-negative Bacilli in Particular Acinetobacter Species / Nia Taylor, Luciano Silvestri and Hendrick K.F. Van Saene -- 18. What Have We Learned from the Surviving Sepsis Campaign? / Jean-Louis Vincent, Katia Donadello and Leonardo Gottin -- 19. Source Control / Gabriele Sganga, Valerio Cozza -- 20. Immunoglobulins in Sepsis / Giorgio Berlot, Claudio M. Vassallo and Nicola Busetto -- pt. IX. Perioperative medicine -- 22. Perioperative Medicine--An Introduction / Antonino Gullo, Chiara M. Celestre, Annalaura Paratore and Fortunato Stimoli -- 23. Neuraxial Analgesia for Caesarean and Vaginal Delivery and Childhood Learning Disabilities / Juraj Sprung, Randall Flick and David Warner -- 24. Off-label Drugs in Perioperative Medicine: Clonidine / Cesare Gregoretti, Paolo Pelosi -- pt. X. Spinal cord stimulation -- 25. Cost Effectiveness of Spinal Cord Stimulation in the Management of Severe Angina / Mats Börjesson, Clas Mannheimer -- pt. XI. Neurotrauma -- 26. Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures in Neurotrauma / Marco Zanello, Matteo Vincenzi and Marco Bandini -- pt. XII. Disaster medicine -- 27. Disaster Preparedness / Francesco Della Corte, Pier Luigi Ingrassia -- 28. Medical Emergency Response in Toxicological Mass Casualty / Pier Luigi Ingrassia, Luca Ragazzoni and Francesco Della Corte -- pt. XIII. Quality of care -- 29. Telemedicine to Improve Care in the Critically Ill / Gastón Murias, Bernat Sales Lluis Blanch -- 30. Professionalism, Quality of Care and Pay-for-Performance Services / Antonino Gullo, Cristina Santonocito, Paolo Murabito and Marinella Astuto.
- 2011- SpringerVincent, J. L.
- 2006Zink, Brian J.
- 2011 SpringerHui, David; Leung, Alexander K. C.; Padwal, Raj.
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineCline, David; Lefebvre, Cedric; O'Neill, James C.Anatomy -- Electrocardiogarphy: normal heart, acute ischemia, and chronic disease -- Principles of cardiovascular imaging -- Devices -- Arrhythmias -- Vascular disease -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pediatric cardiology -- Procedures.
- 2010 AccessMedicine2010 AccessEmergency MedicineKnoop, Kevin J.; Stack, Lawrence B.; Storrow, Alan B.; Thurman, R. Jason.Head and facial trauma / David W. Munter, Timothy D. McGuirk -- Opthalmalogic conditions / Frank Birinyi, Thomas F. Mauger -- Fundoscopic findings / David Effron, Beverly C. Forcier, and Richard E. Wyszynski -- Ophthalmic trauma / Dallas E. Peak, Carey D. Chisholm, and Kevin J. Knoop -- Ear, nose, and throat conditions / Edward C. Jauch, Timothy Kaufman, and Kevin J. Knoop -- Mouth / Edwin D. Turner, Edward C. Jauch -- Chest and abdomen / Stephen Corbett, Lawrence Stack, and Kevin Knoop -- Urologic conditions / Jeffrey D. Bondesson -- STDs and anorectal conditions / Diane M. Birnbaumer, Lynn K. Flowers -- Gynecologic and obstetric conditions / Robert G. Buckley, Kevin J. Knoop -- Extremity trauma / Deborah Gutman, Daniel L. Savitt, and Alan B. Storrow -- Extremity conditions / Selim Suner, Daniel L. Savitt -- Cutaneous conditions / Sean P. Collins -- Pediatric conditions / Javier A. Gonzalez del Ray and Richard M. Ruddy -- Child abuse / Robert A. Shapiro and Charles J. Schubert -- Environmental conditions / Ken Zafren, R. Jason Thurman, and Alan B. Storrow -- Toxicologic -- Wounds and soft tissue injuries / Matthew D. Sztajnkrycer and Alexander T. Trott -- Forensic medicine / William S. Smock and Lawrence B. Stack -- HIV conditions / Shane Cline and Michael Krentz -- Tropical medicine -- Airway procedures -- EKG-- Emergency ultrasound / Paul R. Sierzenski, Michael J. Lambert, and Theodore J. Neilson -- Microscopic findings / Diane M. Birnbaumer.
- 2015 Thieme eNeurosurgeryRaksin, P. B.; Ullman, Jamie.Surgery for epidural and subdural hematomas / Shelly D. Timmons -- Chronic subdural hematomas / Branko Skorvlj, Jonathan Rasouli, A. Stewart Levy, P.B. Raksin, and Jamie S. Ullman -- Surgery for cerebral contusions of the frontal and temporal lobes, including lobar resections / Pal S. Randhawa and Craig Rabb -- Decompressive craniectomy for intracranial hypertension and stroke, including bone flap storage in abdominal fat layer / Roberto Rey-Dios and Domenic P. Esposito -- Surgery for cerebellar stroke and suboccipital trauma / Faiz U. Ahmad and Ross Bullock -- Elevation of depressed skull fractures / Anand Veeravagu, Bowen Jiang, and Odette A. Harris -- Invasive neuromonitoring techniques / Mathieu Laroche, Michael C. Huang, and Geoffrey T. Manley -- Surgical debridement of penetrating injuries / Roland A. Torres and P.B. Raksin -- Management of traumatic neurovascular injuries / Boyd F. Richards and Mark R. Harrigan -- Management of venous sinus injuries / Laurence Davidson and Rocco A. Armonda -- Application of closed spinal traction / Nirit Weiss -- Emergency management of odontoid fractures / Sanjay Yadla, Benjamin M. Zussman, and James S. Harrop -- Cervical burst fractures / Teresa S. Purzner, Games G. Purzner, and Michael G. Fehlings -- Cervical facet dislocation / Daniel Resnick and Casey Madura -- Classification and treatment of thoracic fractures / Joseph Hsieh, Doniel Drazin, Michael Turner, Ali Shirzadi, Kee Kim, and J. Patrick Johnson -- Thoracolumbar fractures / Michael Y. Wang and Brian Hood -- Spinal epidural compression / Asha Iyer and Arthur Jenkins -- Treatment of acute cauda equina syndrome / Harel Deutsch -- Removal of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhages / Justin Mascitelli, Yakov Gologorsky, and Joshua Bederson -- Surgery for acute intracranial infection / P.B. Raksin -- Ventricular shunt malfunction / Sergey Abeshaus, Samuel R. Browd, and Richard G. Ellenbogen -- Pituitary apoplexy / Kalmon D. Post and Soriaya Motivala -- Combat cranial operations / Leon E. Moores -- Combat-associated penetrating spine injury / Corey M. Mossop, Christopher J. Neal, Michael K. Rosner, and Paul Klimo Jr -- Replacement of cranial bone flap / Jamie S. Ullman -- Techniques of alloplastic cranioplasty / Erin N. Kiehna and John A. Jane Jr -- Surgery for frontal sinus injuries / Abilash Haridas and Peter J. Taub -- Special considerations in the surgical management of pediatric traumatic brain injury / Anthony Figaji and P. David Adelson -- Special considerations in pediatric cervical spine injury / Paul Klimo Jr., Nelson Astur Neto, William C. Warner Jr., and Michael S. Muhlbauer.
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineBlock, Jake.This book features 1,500 outstanding radiologic images that depict virtually any condition encountered in an emergency department. Concise text side-by-side with the images details indications, key radiographic findings, and radiographic pearls. Allows readers to see what emergency conditions look like on CT, MRI, ultrasound, and x-ray. Ensures that radiographic signs won't be missed when radiology studies are reviewed in the emergency department.
- 2015 SpringerAgarwala, Rita."This book presents a vast collection of radiologic images of cases seen in a very busy emergency room. It encompasses common and very unusual pathology and every imaging modality. The book is divided into four parts on pathology of the vascular system, chest, abdomen and pelvis and reproductive organs. Images obtained with the modalities that best depict the abnormality in question are presented, with marking of the salient pathology and explanation of the abnormal imaging features in concise captions. Whenever possible, differential diagnosis is covered using further images and guidance is also provided on selection of additional modalities to confirm the diagnosis. The book will help residents to analyze different diseases and relate pathophysiology to imaging and assist students in appreciating what is abnormal. It will be a useful guide for the busy practicing radiologist and aid clinicians in understanding the complexity of these cases and delivering better focused treatment."--Publisher's website.
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineShah, Binita R.The 2nd edition gives you rapid access to the visual cues, diagnostic signs and symptoms, and acute treatment for all pediatric emergencies. The Editors and Contributors have compiled an extraordinary collection of their best clinical photographs and imaging studies and combined them with concise, logically organized text. Features: More than 1,600 top-quality clinical photographs and imaging. Content that spans infancy through adolescence. Comprehensive coverage of disorders organized by body systems, including trauma. A consistent presentation provides immediate access to clinical features, differential diagnosis, treatment and disposition, and clinical pearls.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyCioffi, William G.Intracranial Pressure Monitoring and Ventriculostomy -- Neck Exploration -- Surgical Airways : Tracheostomy and Cricothyroidotomy -- Resuscitative Thoracotomy, Anterolateral and Posterolateral Thoracotomy, and Thoracotomy Decortication and Pleurodesis -- Anterior Approach For Stabilization of Fractures of The Lower Thoracic and Upper Lumbar Spine (T11-L2) -- Cardiac Injuries -- Thoracic Vascular Exposure and Reconstruction -- Tracheal Injury and Repair -- Pulmonary Injuries -- Subxiphoid Pericardial Window -- Surgical and Operative Management of Esophageal Injuries -- Abdominal Closure Techniques -- Duodenal Injury Repairs -- Liver Injuries : R T -- Splenectomy and Splenorrhaphy -- Pancreatic Injury : Repair and Resection Techniques -- Cholecystectomy and Common Bile Duct Exploration -- Kidney Trauma (Parenchymal and Vascular Injuries) : Repair and Nephrectomy -- Bladder and Ureteral Repair -- Gastroduodenal Operations For Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding and Perforation -- Incarcerated Hernia Repair - Posterior Preperitoneal Approach -- Rectal Trauma -- Abdominal Vascular Injuries -- Acute Mesenteric Ischemia -- Vascular Injuries of The Upper and Lower Extremities -- Upper and Lower Extremity Fasciotomy -- Upper and Lower Extremity Amputation -- Bedside Placement of Inferior Vena Cava Filter -- Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy - Percutaneous Approach.
- 2012 SpringerFalter, Florian.1. Sedation and Analgesia / Christiana C. Burt and Jurgens Nortje -- 2. Airway Management and Intubation / Monica Trivedi -- 3. Bronchoscopy / Karthik Santhanakrishnan and Jasvir Singh Parmar -- 4. Percutaneous Dilatational Tracheostomy / Robert Martynoga and Chris Danbury -- 5. Arterial and Venous Catheter Insertion / Stephen Webb and Gordon Mijovski -- 6. Advanced Non-Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring / Elizabeth E. Turner and Andrew J. Patterson -- 7. Temporary Cardiac Pacing / Annette van de Sandt and Marc W. Merx -- 8. DC Cardioversion / Annette Vegas and Jane Heggie -- 9. Pericardiocentesis / Adnan Sadiq and Michael Wall -- 10. Intercostal Chest Drain Insertion / Sukumaran Nair and Florian Falter -- 11. Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube Placement / Babak Sarani -- 12. Gastroesophageal Balloon Tube Tamponade / Ali Al-Khafaji, Su Min Cho, and Rebecca A. Gooch -- 13. Suprapubic Catheterization / Ben E. Hughes and Oliver Wiseman -- 14. Acute Compartment Syndrome / Lee van Rensburg -- 15. Abdominal Compartment Syndrome / Daniel D. Yeh and Stefan G. Simon -- 16. Ultrasound Guided Procedures / Sarojini David and Nicholas Screaton -- 17. Renal Replacement Therapy / Adrian James Varley -- 18. Lumbar Puncture / Sebastian Schulz-Stüebner -- 19. External Ventricular Drain Insertion / Marcus H.T. Reinges -- 20. Intracranial Pressure Measurement / Jessie Welbourne and Basil Matta.
- Biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism : emergency preparedness and response for the primary care physician2008 SpringerMelnick, Alan L.Emergency preparedness for the primary care physician -- Biological terrorism -- Chemical terrorism -- Radiological terrorism -- Mental health and terrorism -- The primary care physician's role in supporting the public health response to biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism.
- 2005 CRCnetBASEMasci, Joseph R.; Bass, Elizabeth R.
- 2005 CRCnetBASERasco, Barbara; Bledsoe, Gleyn E.
- 2009 SpringerAlibek, Ken; Fong, I. W.Anthrax : a disease and a weapon / Kenneth Alibek, Catherine Lobanova and Serguei Popov -- Plague as a biological weapon / David T. Dennis -- Tularemia and bioterrorism / Lisa Hodges and Robert L. Penn -- Melioidosis and Glanders as possible biological weapons / David Allan Brett Dance -- Smallpox as a weapon for bioterrorism / J. Michael Lane -- Hemorrhagic Fever viruses as biological weapons / Allison Groseth ... [et al.] -- Botulism as a potential agent of bioterrorism / Thomas P. Bleck -- Ricin : a possible, noninfectious biological weapon / Maor Maman and Yoav Yehezkelli -- Bioterrorism alert for health care workers / Theodore J. Cieslak, George W. Christopher and Edward M. Eitzen -- The economics of planning and preparing for bioterrorism / Martin I. Meltzer.
- 2013 SpringerBuka, Robert L.; Krishnamurthy, Karthik; Uliasz, Annemarie.Neonatal and Pediatric Dermatologic Emergencies -- Infectious Emergencies in Dermatology -- Drug Eruptions -- Histamine-Mediated Emergencies -- Cutaneous Emergencies in the HIV-Positive Patient -- Graft-Versus-Host Disease -- Erythroderma -- Vesiculobullous Dermatoses -- Vasculitis -- Skin Manifestations of Internal Disease -- Cutaneous Findings of Collagen Vascular Disease and Related Emergent Complications -- Burn and Other Exposure Injuries -- Dermatological Emergencies: Skin Manifestations of Abuse -- Dermatologic Surgery Complications -- Bites and Stings.
- 2005 SpringerOrnato, Joseph P.; Peberdy, Mary Ann.History of the science of cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Mickey S. Eisenberg -- Epidemiology of sudden death / Russell V. Luepker -- Prevention of sudden cardiac death / Joseph E. Marine -- Physiology of ventilation during cardiac arrest / Andrea Gabrielli, A. Joseph Layon, and Ahamed H. Idris -- Management of ventilation during resuscitation / Marsh Cuttino -- Management of airway obstruction / Michael R. Sayre -- Etiology, electrophysiology, myocardial energy mechanics, and treatment of bradyasystole / Charles E. Cady and Tom P. Aufderheide -- Pulseless electrical activity / John M. Field -- Chest compression technique: a neglected key to success in CPR / Charles F. Babbs -- Alternate CPR devices and techniques / Henry Halperin and Barr Rayburn -- Training adults to perform CPR : what works? / Barbara Riegel, Lars Wik, and Alidene Doherty -- External defibrillation / Gregory P. Walcott, Cheryl R. Killingsworth, and Raymond E. Ideker -- Public access defibrillation / Vincent N. Mosesso, Jr., Mary M. Newman, and Kristin R. Hanson -- Pacing during cardiac arrest / Allan S. Jaffe and Utpal H. Pandya -- Therapeutic hypothermia in the treatment of cardiac arrest / Benjamin S. Abella, Terry Vanden Hoek, and Lance B. Becker -- Percutaneous coronary bypass as an adjunct for resuscitation / Catherine Cooper and Bruce D. Spiess -- Principles of drug delivery during CPR / Edgar R. Gonzalez ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological resuscitation interventions / Wanchun Tang, Shijie Sun, and Max Harry Weil -- Use of vasopressor drugs / Anette C. Krismer ... [et al.] -- Buffer therapy / Martin von Planta -- Antiarrhythmic drugs and cardiac resuscitation / Brian Olshansky, Pamela Nerheim, and Richard Kerber -- Electrolyte disturbances and cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Domenic A. Sica -- Cardiac arrest in pregnancy / Alison A. Rodriguez and Gary A. Dildy, III -- Drowning / Jerome H. Modell and Andrea Gabrielli -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and early management of the lightning strike victim / Mary Ann Cooper and Sara Ashley Johnson -- Hypothermic cardiac arrest / Daniel F. Danzl -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in trauma / Rao R. Ivatury and Kevin R. Ward -- Monitoring techniques during resuscitation / Kevin R. Ward, R. Wayne Barbee, and Rao R. Ivatury -- Myocardial dysfunction postresuscitation / Alejandro Vasquez and Karl B. Kern -- Postresuscitation cerebral dysfunction : prevention and treatment / Antonio E. Mu-iz -- Pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Robert A. Berg and Vinay M. Nadkarni -- In-hospital resuscitation / Mary Ann Peberdy -- Successful systems for out-of-hospital resuscitation / Paul E. Pepe, Lynn A. Roppolo, and Leonard A. Cobb -- Animal models of resuscitation / Kevin R. Ward and R. Wayne Barbee -- Design of clinical trials related to medical emergencies / Alfred Hallstrom -- Ethics in resuscitation / Antonio E. Mu-iz -- The future of cardiopulmonary resuscitation : combination therapy / Joseph P. Ornato.
- 2013 AccessEmergency MedicineToy, Eugene C."Real life cases for the emergency medicine clerkship and shelf-exam. Case Files: Emergency Medicine presents 50 real-life cases that illustrate essential concepts in emergency medicine. Each case includes a complete discussion, clinical pearls, references, definitions of key terms, and USMLE-style review questions. With this system, you'll learn in the context of real patients, rather then merely memorize facts. 60 high-yield emergency medicine cases, each with USMLE-style questions Clinical pearls highlight key concepts Primer on how to approach clinical problems and think like a doctor Proven learning system maximizes your shelf-exam scores"--Provided by publisher.
- 2010Jeanmonod, Rebecca; Mayer, Dan; Tomassi, Michelle."A case-based book organized by the top 10 common complaints of patients presenting to emergency departments. This approach allows the reader to learn the pathophysiology of the major diseases, and analyze each case in a way that more closely approximates the clinical practice of medicine; not knowing which organ system is damaged or compromised before examining the patient. The cases are based on real patients and the diseases are either common in emergency practice, or are dangerous diagnoses not to be missed. The case descriptions include questions regarding the patient's presentation and basic information about the disease, illustrating key elements from the history, physical, and when necessary ancillary studies that help lead to a diagnosis. Each chapter ends with a flow diagram showing how diseases of different organ systems can present with similar initial complaints. This book is an ideal resource for medical students, residents and trainees in emergency medicine"--Provided by publisher.
- 2005 SpringerFreye, Enno.Cerebral monitoring in the operating room and the intensive care unit: an introductory for the clinician and a guide for the novice wanting to open a window to the brain. Part I: the electroencephalogram / Enno Freye and Joseph V. Levy -- Part II: sensory-evoked potentials (SSEP, AEP, VEP) / Enno Freye -- Part III: spinal cord evoked potentials / Enno Freye.
- 2009Gawande, Atul.Reveals the surprising power of the ordinary checklist now being used in medicine, aviation, the armed services, homeland security, investment banking, skyscraper construction, and businesses of all kinds.
- 2014 SpringerHall, Alan H.; Maibach, Howard I.This book provides an up-to-date, compact but comprehensive review of chemical skin injuries, differentiating them from thermal skin burns. After an introductory chapter on the history of chemical skin injuries and the scope of the problem, the anatomy, histology, physiology, and immunology of normal skin are described. Mechanisms involved in chemical penetration of normal skin are explained, and the effects of damaged skin on chemical penetration are analyzed. The remainder of the book discusses a variety of clinically relevant aspects, such as the different forms of chemical skin injury, including injuries that arise during skin peeling or due to hair products; preventive measures; emergency treatment; rinsing therapy; medical and surgical treatment; and the importance of providing relevant information to workers. The role of predictive toxicology is also considered. Chemical Skin Injury: Mechanisms, Prevention, Decontamination, Treatment is an ideal resource for readers who want to understand chemical skin injury, to put preventive measures in place, and to respond appropriately should a chemical skin injury occur.
- 2015 SpringerYang, Zongcheng.This is a comprehensive book in burn surgery, written by 25 experts in China. It summarizes the theoretical basis of and clinical experience in the prevention and control of burn injuries. It is a comprehensive and up-to-date reference book for surgeons and scientists working with burn management. The different degree of burns and surgical techniques during burn wound care, reconstruction and healing are reviewed separately. Authors also introduce successful cases in different kinds of burns. Editor Zongcheng Yang is a professor at Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China.
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicinePatwari, Rahul G.; Schindlbeck, Michael A.; Sherman, Scott C.; Weber, Joseph M.This text distills the entire content of the emergency medicine curriculum into less than one hundred succinct, clinically relevant chapters. This unique book is intended to guide you through what you must know and be able to do during an actual shift and give you a better understanding of the issues and problems you will face while working in the Emergency Department. Featuring a consistent, find-it-now design, Clinical Emergency Medicine delivers concise, must-know information on ninety-eight chief complaints and disorders, ranging from asthma and chest pain to fever and poisoning. Each chapter begins with Key Points, followed by an Introduction, Clinical Presentation, Diagnostic Studies, Medical Decision Making, Treatment and Disposition, and Suggested Reading. Whenever possible, the authors provide practical advice on drug dosing, the medical decision-making thought process, treatment plans, and dispositions that will be of value in a clinical environment. Numerous diagnostic algorithms simplify the problem and point you towards a solution.
- 2009Levis, Joel T.; Garmel, Gus. M.; Garmel, Gus. M.
- 2015Ravindranath, Divy; Riba, Michelle B.; Winder, Gerald S.Approach to psychiatric emergencies / Katherine Maloy, Emily Deringer, Kishor Malavade -- The suicidal patient / Jose R. Maldonado, Renee Garcia -- Violence risk assessment / Vasilis Pozios, Charletta Dillard, Ernest Poortinga -- Depression, euphoria, and anger in the emergency department / Philippe-Edouard Boursiquot, Jennifer S. Brasch -- The psychotic patient / Patricia Schwartz, Mary Weathers, Joshua Berezin -- The anxious patient / Steven Storage, Divy Ravindranath, James Abelson -- Agitation / G. Scott Winder, Rachel Glick -- The cognitively impaired patient / James Bourgeois, Tracy McCarthy -- Substance-related psychiatric emergencies / Adam Miller, G. Scott Winder, Kirk Brower -- Child and adolescent emergency psychiatry / B. Harrison Levine, Julia E. Najara -- Seclusion and restraint in emergency settings / Heather Schultz, Divy Ravindranath -- Legal and ethical issues in emergency psychiatry / Debra A. Pinals, Nancy Byatt -- Supervision of trainees in the psychiatry emergency service / Monique James, Eric Hung.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEJandial, Rahul; Jandial, Danielle D.Part 1. Abdominal -- part 2. Airway -- part 3. Cardiothoracic -- part 4. Neurosurgical -- part 5. Vascular -- part 6. Other -- part 7. Emergency medical management.
- 2009 SpringerKordi, Ramin; Maffulli, Nicola; Wallace, W. Angus; Wroble, Randall R.
- 2013 SpringerMoore, Laura J.; Todd, S. Rob; Turner, Krista L.
- 2013 SpringerGiardino, Angelo P.; Li, Joyce; Pereira, Faria; Shenoi, Rohit.This book describes key knowledge concepts, skills and up-to-date algorithms pertaining to common emergencies that can take place in a pediatric office, including: seizures, anaphylaxis and shock, and diabetic ketoacidosis. The authors supported by peer review from top specialists in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine offer the first comprehensive educational resource on pediatric office emergency preparedness devoted exclusively to the practicing primary care health care provider and his/her team. During emergencies, providers and their staff are called on to.
- 2014 SpringerDomino, Karen B.; Hübler, Matthias; Koch, Thea.Ability to learn from errors is an essential aspect of the quest to improve treatment quality and patient safety. This book consists of 33 cases in anesthesiology that are based on real life situations and illuminate avoidable complications and mishaps. The cases are presented in a novel manner in that they are embedded within narratives. The reader comes to each case cold, without any clue as to the content, and each case comprises a narrative and a factual component that are interwoven. The narrative parts provide the reader with information and tips regarding the clinical problems and tasks that the protagonist must face and try to solve. The idea is to engage the reader emotionally while reading and to entertain him or her while learning. All cases conclude with short debriefing sections which include possible strategies to prevent similar errors or mishaps.
- 2009 SpringerHopperus Buma, Adriaan P. C. C.
- 2014 SpringerRyan, James M.Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine: A Practical Guide 3e follows its successful predecessors in providing a framework for use by health professionals visiting a resource-constrained environment. Aimed at health professionals, Conflict and Catastrophe Medicine: A Practical Guide 3e encompasses problems brought about by local conflict or natural disasters. Itcovers preparation, organisation, logistics, treatment of major trauma and medical emergencies, and the special problems of delivering medicine in a hostile environment. This book will provide the reader with a mix of theory, opinion and practical advice to guide him through areas of conflicts, catastrophes and remote locations.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyPaterson-Brown, Simon.Evidence-based practice in surgery / Kathryn A. Rigby and Jonathan A. Michaels -- Outcomes and health economic issues in surgery / Sharath C.V. Paravastu and Jonathan A. Michaels -- Day case surgery / Paul Baskerville -- Abdominal hernias / Andrew C. de Beaux -- Organisation of emergency general surgical services and the early assessment and investigation of the acute abdomen / Simon Paterson-Brown -- Perforations of the upper gastrointestinal tract /Enders K.W. Ng -- Acute non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding / Colin J. McKay and James Lau -- Pancreaticobiliary emergencies / Mark Duxbury -- Acute conditions of the small bowel and appendix / Peter Lamb -- Colonic emergencies / David E. Beck -- Anorectal emergencies / Felicity J. Creamer and B. James Mander -- Paediatric surgical emergencies / Dafydd A. Davies and Jacob C. Langer -- Abdominal trauma / Kenneth D. Boffard -- Venous thromboembolism : prevention, diagnosis and treatment / Rhona M. MaClean -- Patient assessment and surgical risk / Chris Deans -- Perioperative and intensive care management of the surgical patient / R. Michael Grounds and Andrew Rhodes -- Surgical nutrition / William G. Simpson and Steven D. Heys -- Abdominal sepsis and abdominal compartment syndrome / Emma Barrow and Iain D. Anderson -- Complications of bariatric surgery presenting to the general surgeon / Bruce R. Tulloh and Andrew C. de Beaux.
- 2007 CRCnetBASEBurke, Robert.The United States is a high priority target, and the goal of today's terrorist is body count. Our enemies can kill thousands with just a small amount of chemical or biological agent. This book details the characteristics, actions, identification, and containment of possible agents. With chapters on chemical agents, biological agents, explosive, nuclear, and incendiary devices, the author prepares the first responder to handle everything from re-establishing control and on-scene triage, to monitoring and detection techniques, decontamination, and training resources. It provides step-by-step procedures for recognizing and identifying terrorist incidents. Explores scene security, crime scene, isolation issues and recommended protective equipment and decontamination procedures. Provides guidance for all emergency responders to terrorist incidents, including fire, EMS, and law enforcement.
- Crisis management in acute care settings : human factors and team psychology in a high stakes environment. [1st ed.]2008 SpringerSt. Pierre, Michael; Buerschaper, Cornelius; Hofinger, Gesine.The human factors: errors and skills -- The challenge of acute healthcare -- The nature of error -- The psychology of human action -- Human perception: the way we see things -- Information processing and mental models: world views -- Goals and plans: turning points for success -- Attention: in the focus of consciousness -- Stress -- Strategies for action: ways to achieve good decisions -- The key to success: teamwork -- Speech is golden: communication -- Leadership -- Organizations and human error -- Reliable acute care medicine.
- Crisis management in acute care settings : human factors, team psychology, and patient safety in a high stakes environment. 2nd ed.2011 SpringerSt. Pierre, Michael.The Human Factors: Errors and Skills -- The Challenge of Acute Healthcare -- The Nature of Error -- The Psychology of Human Action -- Human Perception: The Way We See Things -- Human Perception: The Way We See Things -- Information Processing and Mental Models: World Views -- Goals and Plans: Turning Points for Success -- Attention: The Focus of Consciousness -- Stress -- Strategies for Action:Ways to Achieve Good Decisions -- The Key to Success: Teamwork -- Speech is Golden: Communication -- Leadership -- Organizations and Accidents -- Reliable Acute Care Medicine.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyBurden, Amanda R.; Fish, Kevin J.; Gaba, David M.; Howard, Steven K.Also available: Print – 2015
- 2013 NAP"Disasters and public health emergencies can stress health care systems to the breaking point and disrupt delivery of vital medical services. During such crises, hospitals and long-term care facilities may be without power; trained staff, ambulances, medical supplies and beds could be in short supply; and alternate care facilities may need to be used. Planning for these situations is necessary to provide the best possible health care during a crisis and, if needed, equitably allocate scarce resources. Crisis Standards of Care: A Toolkit for Indicators and Triggers examines indicators and triggers that guide the implementation of crisis standards of care and provides a discussion toolkit to help stakeholders establish indicators and triggers for their own communities. Together, indicators and triggers help guide operational decision making about providing care during public health and medical emergencies and disasters. Indicators and triggers represent the information and actions taken at specific thresholds that guide incident recognition, response, and recovery. This report discusses indicators and triggers for both a slow onset scenario, such as pandemic influenza, and a no-notice scenario, such as an earthquake. Crisis Standards of Care features discussion toolkits customized to help various stakeholders develop indicators and triggers for their own organizations, agencies, and jurisdictions. The toolkit contains scenarios, key questions, and examples of indicators, triggers, and tactics to help promote discussion. In addition to common elements designed to facilitate integrated planning, the toolkit contains chapters specifically customized for emergency management, public health, emergency medical services, hospital and acute care, and out-of-hospital care."--Publisher's description.
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineFarcy, David A.
- 2006 CRCnetBASERadvanovsky, Robert.
- 7th ed. (2011) AccessEmergency MedicineHumphries, Roger L.; Stone, C. Keith.Also available: Print – 2008-<2011>
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineDrigalla, Dorian; Humphries, Roger L.; Stephan, Maria; Stone, C. Keith.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyAsensio, Juan A.; Trunkey, Donald D.Demanding surgical situations require expert advice from pioneers in the field as well as from those on the front lines of trauma care. Practical and evidence-based, Current Therapy of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, 2nd Edition, draws on the experience of Drs. Juan A. Asensio and Donald D. Trunkey to offer a comprehensive, contemporary summary of the treatment and post-operative management of traumatic injuries. The concise format makes it ideally suited for everyday use, and new, full-color illustrations highlight the most important aspects of urgent surgical care, including ventilator management, damage control, noninvasive techniques, imaging, infection control, dealing with mass casualties, and treating injuries induced by chemical and biological agents.
- 2010 SpringerGiannoudis, Peter V.; Pape, Hans-Christoph; Peitzman, Andrew B.; Schwab, C. William.
- 2011 ScienceDirect2011 ClinicalKeyBroder, Joshua.Imaging the head and brain / Joshua Broder and Robert Preston -- Imaging the face / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine / Joshua Broder -- Imaging soft tissues of the neck / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the chest : the chest radiograph / Joshua Broder -- Imaging chest trauma / Joshua S. Broder -- Imaging of pulmonary embolism and nontraumatic aortic pathology / Joshua Broder -- Cardiac CT imaging / Joshua Broder -- Imaging of nontraumatic abdominal conditions / Joshua Broder -- Imaging abdominal and flank trauma / Joshua Broder -- Imaging abdominal vascular catastrophes /Joshua Broder -- Imaging the genitourinary tract / Joshua Broder -- Imaging of the pelvis and hip / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the extremities / Joshua Broder -- Emergency department applications of musculoskeletal magnetic resonance imaging : an evidence-based assessment / Joshua Broder -- "Therapeutic imaging" : image-guided therapies in emergency medicine / Joshua Broder.
- 2013 SpringerMacGarty, David; Nott, David.Disaster Response -- Immediate Response to Disasters -- Priorities in Post-disaster Management -- Refugee Camps -- Complex Emergencies -- Security for the Humanitarian Worker -- Global Players -- Global Development: Millennium Development Goals -- Nongovernmental Organizations and Aid -- Developing Healthcare Systems -- International Aid -- Future of Global Health -- Trauma and Surgery -- Prehospital Care -- Mass Casualty Incident -- Military Trauma -- Tropical Surgery -- Surgery in Austere Environments -- Tropical Medicine -- Polio and Vaccination Campaigns -- Malaria in Children -- Cholera: An Infectious Waterborne Disease -- HIV/AIDS -- Blinding Eye Diseases -- Public Health -- Malnutrition -- Sexual and Reproductive Health -- Maternal and Neonatal Health -- Mental Health Following Armed Conflict -- The Global Crisis in Noncommunicable Disease.
- 2014 SpringerCefalu, Charles.Disaster Preparedness for Seniors: A Comprehensive Guide for Healthcare Professionals outlines specific disaster scenarios for homebound, community, hospitalized, long term care, homeless and aged veterans. Chapters are written by a diverse group of authors, all of whom offer insight and expertise in training healthcare professionals in preparing for disasters. Topics include myths and realities of natural disasters and disaster preparedness for special populations of elders-the acute care elderly, the community-dwelling elderly, home based primary care senior veterans, the immune-compromised elderly, those with multiple and co morbid illnesses, the long-term care elderly, those elderly at the end of life and the effects of disaster on caregivers. A significant portion of the book is also devoted to training, competencies, literacy, cultural competency and resilience in disaster preparedness as well as the role of the academic medical center. The volume concludes with coverage of the management of behavioral, medical and psychological consequences of disasters. Disaster Preparedness for Seniors: A Comprehensive Guide for Healthcare Professionals is an important new volume and will serve as a guide for the development of programs, policies and procedures for evacuation of seniors during various disaster scenarios.
- 2014 SpringerBierens, Joost J. L. M.Since the first edition of the Handbook on Drowning in 2005, many epidemiological data have confirmed the burden of drowning in several parts of the world. Studies have increased the understanding of effective drowning prevention strategies, rescue techniques, and treatment options. Much has been learned about submersion and immersion hypothermia, SCUBA-diving injuries, the life-saving preparations of water-related disasters and how to deal with forensic investigations. In this updated second edition, experts from around the world provide a complete overview of current research data, consensus statements and expert opinions. The book Drowning provides evidence-based practical information and has a unique informative value for various groups with tasks, duties and responsibilities in this domain. In addition, the book may be an inspiration for future networks and research initiatives.
- 2013 WileyBrady, William.Section 1: The ECG in Prehospital Patient Care. Clinical Applications of the Electrocardiogram (ECG) / Robert C Schutt, William J Brady, Steven H Mitchell -- Clinical Impact of the Electrocardiogram (ECG) / Robert C Schutt, William J Brady, Steven H Mitchell -- Interpretation of the Electrocardiogram : Single-, Multi-, and 12-Lead Analysis / Robert C Reiser, Robert C Schutt, William J Brady -- Variants of the Normal, Lead Misplacement, and Electrocardiographic Artifact Encountered in Clinical Practice / Robert C Reiser, Robert C Schutt, William J Brady -- Section 2: Cardiac Rhythms and Cardiac Dysrhythmias. Cardiac Rhythms with Normal Rates / Korin B Hudson, William J Brady -- Narrow QRS Complex Tachycardia / Courtney B Saunders, Jeffrey D Ferguson -- Wide QRS Complex Tachycardia / Michael Levy, Francis X Nolan -- Bradycardia / Korin B Hudson, J Aidan Boswick, William J Brady -- Atrioventricular Conduction Block / Steven H Mitchell, Korin B Hudson, William J Brady -- Intraventricular Conduction Block: Bundle Branch Block and Other Conduction Abnormalities / Steven H Mitchell, Richard B Utarnachitt, William J Brady -- Atrial and Ventricular Ectopic Beats / Jeffrey D Ferguson, Michael Levy, J Aidan Boswick, William J Brady -- Section 3: Acute Coronary Syndrome and the 12-Lead ECG. Ischemic Heart Disease: Anatomic and Physiologic Considerations / Peter Pollak, Peter Monteleone, Kelly Williamson, David Carlberg, William J Brady -- Historical Development of the Prehospital Electrocardiogram (ECG) / Erik Iszkula, David Carlberg, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Findings in Acute Coronary Syndrome / Peter Monteleone, Peter Pollak, David Carlberg, William J Brady -- Section 4: Special Populations, High-Risk Presentation Scenarios, and Advanced Electrocardiographic Techniques. The Electrocardiogram in the Pediatric Patient / Robert Rutherford, Robin Naples, William J Brady -- The Electrocardiogram in the Poisoned Patient / Steven H Mitchell, Christopher P Holstege, William J Brady -- The Electrocardiogram in Hyperkalemia / Steven H Mitchell, William J Brady -- Life-Threatening Electrocardiographic Patterns / Steven H Mitchell, Richard B Utarnachitt, William J Brady -- The Electrocardiogram in Patients with Implanted Devices / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Tools in Prehospital Care / Robin Naples, Alvin Wang, William J Brady -- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome / William J Brady -- Cardiac Arrest Rhythms / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady -- Section 5: Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of Common ECG Presentations. Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of Narrow Complex Tachycardia / Megan Starling, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of Wide Complex Tachycardia / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of Bradyarrhythmia / Megan Starling, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of ST Segment Elevation / Megan Starling, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of ST Segment Depression / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of T Wave Abnormalities: The Prominent T Wave and T Wave Inversions / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady.
- 2010 SpringerGreco, Frédéric.Ultrasounds, a much reflected system -- The doctor in front of the machine -- The doctor and the machine in front of the patient -- The doctor, the machine, and the patient in front of the screen -- Learning methods -- Self-training procedure.
- 2014 SpringerPatroniti, Nicolò; Pesenti, A.; Sangalli, Fabio.Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) has been in clinical use for some 40 years, but it is only in the past decade that its application in the treatment of life-threatening circulatory and respiratory failure has truly flourished. This book presents a comprehensive overview of both pathophysiological and practical aspects of circulatory and respiratory extracorporeal support. The basics of ECMO, including its history, the "ECMO team", cannulation, materials, and blood-surface interactions, are first discussed. The various indications for and particular characteristics of circulatory and respiratory extracorporeal life support are then described in detail in the main part of the book. Patient care during ECMO and monitoring of the ECMO patient are also carefully covered, with explanation of the management of technical and clinical complications and transport-related problems. Further topics include long-term therapy options beyond ECMO, such as ventricular assist devices and transplants, outcome, the new frontiers of ECMO for organ procurement and future challenges. The authors are well-known experts in the field whose authoritative contributions and attention to practical aspects will be invaluable for novices and experienced practitioners alike.
- 2012 SpringerBoyce, Allison E.; Scheinemann, Katrin.
- 2007 SpringerHohenfellner, M.; Santucci, R. A.
- 2015 SpringerAgrawal, Abhishek; Britz, Gavin.This comprehensive guide answers commonly asked questions about neurosurgical conditions related to brain and spinal cord. Emergency Approaches to Neurosurgical Conditions fills the gap which arises after a diagnosis is made on the loved one, explaining the basics of neurosurgical diseases and their management. Emergency Approaches to Neurosurgical Conditions concentrates on the brain and spine, both in surgery and radiotherapy, as well as congenital and accident-related conditions. This comprehensive book which is part of a book-set including Comprehensive Guide to Neurosurgical Conditions, informs the reader on various symptoms to look for, and helps with the management of brain and spine surgery in chapters written by reputed neurosurgeons to help the physicians, the patients and their families.
- 2009 SpringerChenzbraun, Adrian.
- 2015 Thieme-ConnectBaxter, Alexander B.Introduction to emergency imaging -- Brain -- Head and neck -- Spine -- Chest -- Abdomen and pelvis -- Musculoskeletal -- Pediatrics.
- v.1-2=, 2015 WileyBrice, Jane H.; Cone, David C.; Delbridge, Theodore R.; Myers, J. Brent.Emergency Medical Services: Clinical Practice and Systems Oversight is the official textbook of the National Association of EMS PhysiciansTM (NAEMSPTM) National EMS Medical Directors Course and PracticumTM. Now paired with a companion website featuring self-assessment exercises, audio and video clips of EMS best practices in action, and more, this essential study aid guides students through the core knowledge they need to successfully complete their training and begin their careers as EMS physicians. Emergency Medical Services: Clinical Practice and Systems Oversight consists of: Volume 1: Clin.
- 2008Adams, James G.; Barton, Erik D.Section I. Resuscitation skills and techniques -- Section II. Special considerations in the pediatric patient -- Section III. Head and neck injuries -- Section IV. Gastrointestinal diseases -- Section V. Pulmonary diseases -- Section VI. Cardiac diseases -- Section VII. Vascular diseases -- Section VIII. Injuries to bones and organs -- Section IX. Neurologic diseases -- Section X. Allergic inflammatory, and autoimmune disorders -- Section XI. Genitourinary and renal diseases -- Section XII. Women's health and gynecologic diseases -- Section XIII. Environmental injuries -- Section XIV. Toxicologic emergencies -- Section XV. Bites, stings, and injuries from animals -- Section XVI. Metabolic and endocrine disorders -- Section XVII. Infections -- Section XVIII. Wounds and skin injuries -- Section XIX. Rashes -- Section XX. Emergency psychiatric disorders -- Section XXI. Hematology and oncology management -- Section XXII. Leadership, communication, and administration -- Index.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyAdams, James G.Be prepared to manage increasingly prevalent problems seen in the ED, such as emergent complications of fertility treatment and management of patients who have had bariatric surgery. Deliver high-quality care to your younger patients with expanded pediatrics content. Stay up to date with new chapters on Clotting Disorders and Hemophilia, Patient-Centered Care, Health Disparities and Diversity in Emergency Medicine, Cost-Effectiveness Analysis, Antibiotic Recommendations for Empirical Treatment of Selected Infectious Diseases, and Cardiac Emergency Ultrasound: Evaluation for Pericardial Effusion & Cardiac Activity.
- 2007Plantz, Scott H.; Wipfler, E. John.Resuscitation -- Cardiovascular emergencies -- Pulmonary emergencies -- Gastrointestinal emergencies -- Urogenital emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies -- Metabolic emergencies -- Endocrine emergencies -- Neurologic emergencies -- Rheumatologic and allergic emergencies -- Dermatologic emergencies -- Eye, ear, nose, throat, and dental emergencies -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Obstetric and gynecologic emergencies -- Pediatric emergencies -- Hematologic and oncologic emergencies -- Trauma emergencies -- Orthopedic emergencies -- Wound emergencies -- Toxicologic emergencies -- Environmental emergencies -- Emergency medical services -- Disaster medicine -- Legal issues.
- 2012 AccessEmergency Medicine, Users must register and sign in to take a testRosh, Adam J.Chest Pain and Cardiac Dysrhythmias -- Shortness of Breath -- Abdominal and Pelvic Pain -- Trauma, Shock and Resuscitation -- Fever -- Poisoning and Overdose -- Altered Mental Status -- Gastrointestinal Bleeding -- Musculoskeletal Injuries -- Headache, Weakness, and Dizziness -- Pediatrics -- Vaginal Bleeding -- Ultrasound in the Emergency Department -- Environmental Exposures -- Eye Pain and Visual Change -- Wound Care -- Prehospital, Disaster, Administration -- Endocrine Emergencies -- Psychosocial Disorders.Also available: Print – 2012
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineReichman, Eric F.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyBakes, Katherine M.; Markovchick, Vincent J.; Pons, Peter T.Also available: Print – 2011
- 2006Markovchick, Vincent J.; Pons, Peter T.
- 2013 WileyScott, Sara B.; Thoureen, Traci L."This book is written and designed to provide medical educators in emergency medicine with resource for integrating medical simulation into their teaching practices. Material is provided in the form of clinical cases which are drawn from a diverse group of faculty authors from a range of major teaching centers. The cases provide readers with a full spectrum of pathology. Moreover, each case is formatted and annotated so that it can be tailored to novice or advanced learners, and easily deployed in a diversity of settings. Valuable "tips or tricks" accompany images patient data. Overall, this book is deal for use by EM educators as part of a tailored teaching and assessment portfolio"--Provided by publisher.
- 2014 SpringerSwischuk, Leonard E.; Jadhav, Siddharth P.This book is a practical guide to the radiologic evaluation of acute musculoskeletal injuries of the upper and lower extremities in children. It covers the detection of more subtle and frequently missed fractures and injuries such as buckle fractures, Salter Harris I and II fractures, and epiphyseal and metaphyseal fractures. It also emphasizes the assessment of soft tissues and periarticular fat pads, which can lead to discovery of the sites of bony injuries. Other pathologies that affect the musculoskeletal system, such as infections and tumors, are also discussed. It includes over 600 magnetic resonance, computed tomography, ultrasound, and radiographic images organized by anatomic region.
- 2012 SpringerRoos, Karen L.1. Headache in the Emergency Department / Carrie E. Robertson, David F. Black and Jerry W. Swanson -- 2. Low Back Pain Emergencies / Luis A. Serrano, Tim Maus and J.D. Bartleson -- 3. Dizziness and Vertigo Presentations in the Emergency Department / Kevin A. Kerber and Robert W. Baloh -- 4. Syncope / Mark D. Carlson -- 5. Acute Visual Loss / Cédric Lamirel, Nancy J. Newman and Valérie Biousse -- 6. Diplopia, Third Nerve Palsies, and Sixth Nerve Palsies / Janet C. Rucker -- 7. Facial Nerve Palsy / James M. Gilchrist -- 8. Acute Stroke Evaluation and Management / Ty Tiesong Shang, Dileep R. Yavagal, Jose G. Romano and Ralph L. Sacco -- 9. Intracerebral Hemorrhage / Pratik Vishnu Patel, Lucas Elijovich and J. Claude Hemphill -- 10. Seizures and Status Epilepticus / Sandipan Pati and Joseph I. Sirven -- 11. Central Nervous System Infections / Karen L. Roos -- 12. Weakness (Guillain-Barré Syndrome) / Mengjing Huan and A. Gordon Smith -- 13. Spinal Cord Compression and Myelopathies / William F. Schmalstieg and Brian G. Weinshenker -- 14. Movement Disorder Emergencies / Robert L. Rodnitzky -- 15. Encephalopathy / Steven L. Lewis -- 16. Acute Respiratory Failure in Neuromuscular Disorders / Cynthia L. Bodkin and Robert M. Pascuzzi -- 17. Coma and Brain Death / Robert E. Hoesch and Romergryko G. Geocadin -- 18. Neurotoxicology Emergencies / Laura M. Tormoehlen -- 19. Substance Abuse, Somatization, and Personality Disorders / Ronald Kanner.
- 2006 SpringerJinkins, J. Randy; Salvolini, U.; Scarabino, T.
- 2014 SpringerSölveborn, Sven-A.Emergency Orthopedics is a practical, up-to-date, and comprehensive manual on the diagnosis and treatment of emergency injuries and disorders of the locomotor system. Its problem-based structure, with each chapter addressing a particular symptom, is designed to allow the reader to rapidly locate hands-on advice. For each symptom, facts and findings that will assist in diagnosis are highlighted. Possible diagnoses are suggested according to the ICD-10 code, and the proposed treatment recommendations consider both short- and long-term aspects. The text is supported by exceptionally instructive illustrations, e.g., of examination techniques and reduction maneuvers. The author has extensive practical experience in emergency rooms as well as in sports medicine, research, and education. This book will be a treasure trove of information for all who work in the emergency room and will also be very useful for general practitioners, physiotherapists, and chiropractors.
- 2007 SpringerDondelinger, R. F.; Marincek, Borut.
- 2013 SpringerSingh, Ajay.Imaging of Acute Aortic Conditions -- Emergencies of the Biliary Tract -- Acute Appendicitis -- Imaging of Small Bowel -- Imaging of Bowel Obstruction -- Imaging of Acute Colonic Disorders -- Imaging of Genitourinary Emergencies -- Imaging of Acute Conditions of Male Reproductive Organs -- Imaging of Blunt and Penetrating Abdominal Trauma -- Acute Nontraumatic Imaging in the Liver and Spleen -- Imaging of Acute Pancreas -- Imaging of Acute Obstetric Disorders -- Imaging of Acute Gynecologic Disorders -- Emergency Radionuclide Imaging of the Thorax and Abdomen -- Imaging of Neck Emergencies -- Imaging of Acute Head Emergencies -- Imaging of Facial Fractures -- Stroke and Its Imaging Evaluation -- Imaging of Acute Orbital Pathologies -- Imaging of Upper Extremity -- Lower Extremity Trauma -- Imaging of Spinal Trauma -- Imaging of Nontraumatic Mediastinal and Pulmonary Processes -- Imaging of Acute Thoracic Trauma -- Imaging of Lines and Tubes -- Imaging of Pediatric Emergencies.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyMirvis, Stuart E.Opening Round -- Fair Game -- Challenge.
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineSchwartz, David T.Text is specifically designed to help fine-tune emergency radiographic interpretation and problem-solving abilities. Illustrated with hundreds of high-resolution images, this reference covers the full range of clinical problems in which radiographic studies play a key role. Tha author takes you step-by-step through the radiographic analysis of medical, surgical, and traumatic disorders, giving you an unparalleled review of the use and interpretation of radiographic studies in emergency diagnosis.
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen : imaging features and differential diagnosis for a timely management approach2012 SpringerLinsenmaier, Ulrich; Scaglione, Mariano; Schueller, Gerd.The term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- 2009 ClinicalKeySoto, Jorge A.; Lucey, Brian C.The Requisites series for studying and rotation preparation presents this essential text on emergency radiology. It provides the foundation and the heart of the information you need for the Board exam and every day clinical use. With key features like emergent findings tables and differential diagnoses tables plus 600 high-quality images, this book makes it easy to review important information. Experts on various body systems and modalities of emergency radiology bring you a concise reference that meets all of your study needs.
- 2008 CRCnetBASECashman, John R.; Cashman, John R.
- 2007 SpringerWahlberg, Eric; Goldstone, Jerry; Olofsson, Pär.
- 2012 SpringerHall, Jesse B.; Vincent, J. L."The aim of this comprehensive encyclopedia is to provide detailed information on intensive care medicine contributing to the broad field of emergency medicine. Entries A - Z covering the following disciplines: neurologic problems, respiratory disorders, cardiovascular disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, nutrition therapy, metabolic disorders, renal disorders, infectious diseases, hematologic disorders, special populations, emergency medicine, trauma, ICU procedures, special issues."--Publisher.
- 2014 SpringerLoriaux, Lynn.Endocrine Emergencies: Recognition and Treatment offers a state-of-the-art update on the management of endocrine, diabetic, and metabolic emergencies. Developed by renowned experts, this comprehensive and easy to read title brings the field fully up to date, setting a high standard for diagnosis and treatment in each category. All chapters begin with a summary that presents, in concentrated form, what the physician needs to know to begin the evaluation and emergency treatment of the known endocrine emergencies. This is followed by an extended discussion of the pathophysiology that can be read after initial treatment has begun. Covering such areas as hypoglycemia, acute adrenal insufficiency, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, thyroid storm, and pituitary apoplexy, just to name several, Endocrine Emergencies: Recognition and Treatment is an invaluable, practical resource that will be of great interest to endocrinologists, internal medicine and emergency room physicians, fellows and residents.
- 2014 SpringerZago, Mauro.E-FAST (extended focused assessment by sonograpy for trauma) represents the basic ultrasonographic approach to any trauma patient. Identification or exclusion of free fluid and air in the abdominal and thoracic cavities plays a pivotal role in deciding the immediate diagnostic and therapeutic path. Learning E-FAST is mandatory for all acute care surgeons and all physicians involved in trauma management. The structure of the book and its practical approach will make it an easy-to-consult and quick reference tool for beginners and a useful support for more experienced professionals.
- 2001 OvidJames, David M.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyAuerbach, Paul S.; Constance, Benjamin B.; Donner, Howard J.; Freer, Luanne; Weiss, Eric A.Also available: Print – 2013
- 2006Stead, Latha G.; Kaufman, Matthew S.; Stead, S. Matthew.
- 2011Fisher, Jonathan; Jain, Anunaya; Jain, Minal; Kaufman, Matthew S.; Laack, Torrey A.; Stead, Latha G.Resuscitation -- Diagnostics -- Trauma -- Neurologic Emergencies -- Head and Neck Emergencies -- Respiratory Emergencies -- Cardiovascular Emergencies -- Gastrointestinal Emergencies -- Renal and Genitourinary Emergencies -- Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies -- Gynecologic Emergencies -- Obstetric Emergencies -- Musculoskeletal Emergencies -- Endocrine Emergencies -- Dermatologic Emergencies -- High Yield Images -- Procedures -- Emergency Toxicology -- Environmental Emergencies -- Ethics, Medico-legal Issues, and Evidence-Bases Medicine.
- 2006Le, Tao; Bhushan, Vikas; Kubal, Aarup; Park, Jae.
- First responder's guide to abnormal psychology : applications for police, firefighters, and rescue personnel2007 SpringerDorfman, William I.; Walker, Lenore E.Introduction -- The role and importance of first responders to dealing with psychologically disordered individuals -- Normal vs. abnormal behavior: a continuum -- Key mental health issues in the criminal justice and emergency medical systems -- Disorders of the brain and central nervous system -- The psychotic disorders -- The mood disorders -- The anxiety, somatoform and dissociative disorders -- The personality disorders -- The substance use disorders -- Crisis, terrorism and trauma-based disorders -- Therapeutic justice -- Mental disorders in youth -- Index.
- 2007 OvidJackson, M. Christine; Olshaker, Jonathan S.; Smock, William S.Perpetrators / John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker -- The Victims of violence / Carroll Ann Ellis -- Interviewing techniques / Peggy L. Johnson and John S. O'Brien II -- Forensic emergency medicine: penetrating trauma / William S. Smock -- Forensic aspects of motor vehicle trauma / William S. Smock -- Forensic examination of adult victims and perpetrators of sexual assault / Judith A. Linden, Annie Lewis-O'Connor, and M. Christine Jackson -- Sexual abuse and sexual assault of adolescents / V. Jill Kempthorne -- Child sexual assault: the acute assessment / Mary-Theresa L. Baker -- Child abuse/assault / Richard Lichenstein and Adrienne H. Suggs -- Elder abuse / Adam J. Geroff and Jonathan S. Olshaker -- Treating survivors of intimate partner abuse: forensic identification and documentation / Daniel J. Sheridan -- New drugs of abuse / K. Sophia Dyer -- Serology and DNA evidence / Rosalind Bowman, Teri J. Labbe, and Kimberly A. Mullings -- Law enforcement / Donald E. Steinhice -- Sexual assault and the criminal justice system / Sharon A.H. May -- Testifying / Sharon A.H. May -- Forensic photography in the emergency department / William S. Smock and Patrick E. Besant-Matthews.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.