Books by Subject
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- Acute care surgery 2007, SpringerPart I. General Principles -- Initial Assessment and Early Resuscitation / Louis H. Alarcon and Andrew B. Peitzman -- The Operating Theater for Acute Care Surgery / Kenneth L. Mattox -- Anesthesia and Acute Care Surgery / Omid Moayed and Richard P. Dutton -- Fundamental Operative Approaches in Acute Care Surgery / David J. Ciesla and Ernest E. Moore -- The Perioperative Management of the Acute Care Surgical Patient / Craig M. Coopersmith and Timothy G. Buchman -- The Hemodynamically Labile Patient: Cardiovascular Adjuncts and Assist Devices / Edward E. Cornwell and Preeti R. John -- Principles and Practice of Nutritional Support for Surgical Patients / Maheswari Senthil, Bobby Rupani, Jondavid H. Jabush and Edwin A. Deitch -- The Intensive Care Unit: The Next-Generation Operating Room / Philip S. Barie, Soumitra R. Eachempati and Jian Shou -- Burns / Basil A. Pruitt and Richard L. Gamelli -- Electrical and Lightning Injuries / Raphael C. Lee -- Soft Tissue Infections / Anthony A. Meyer, Jeffrey E. Abrams, Thomas L. Bosshardt and Claude H. Organ -- The Open Abdomen: Management from Initial Laparotomy to Definitive Closure / Fred A. Luchette, Stathis J. Poulakidas and Thomas J. Esposito -- Acute Care Surgery and the Elderly / Patrick K. Kim, Donald R. Kauder and C. William Schwab -- Acute Care Surgery in the Rural Setting / Dana Christian Lynge, Nicholas W. Morris and John G. Hunter -- Prehospital Care in the Acute Setting / Norman E. McSwain -- Disaster and Mass Casualty Management / Eric R. Frykberg -- Principles of Injury Prevention and Control / M. Margaret Knudson and Larisa S. Speetzen -- Education: Surgical Simulation in Acute Care Surgery / Lenworth M. Jacobs and Karyl J. Burns -- Part II. Organ-Based Approach -- Pharynx and Larynx / Ernest M. Myers -- Head and Neck: Pediatrics / Reza Rahbar and Gerald B. Healy -- Esophagus / George C. Velmahos, Nahid Hamoui, Peter F. Crookes and Demetrios Demetriades -- Central Nervous System / Peter B. Letarte -- Chest Wall / John C. Mayberry and Donald D. Trunkey -- Lungs and Pleura / Riyad Karmy-Jones and J. Wayne Meredith -- Heart / Matthew S. Slater -- Thoracic Aorta / Peter I. Ellman and Irving L. Kron -- Diaphragm / Michel B. Aboutanos, Therèse M. Duane, Ajai K. Malhotra and Rao R. Ivatury -- Abdominal Wall / Jeffrey A. Claridge and Martin A. Croce -- Foregut / Philip E. Donahue-- Small Intestine / Juliet Lee, Todd Ponsky and Jeffrey L. Ponsky -- Liver and Biliary Tract / Spiros P. Hiotis and Hersch L. Pachter -- Pancreas / Juan A. Asensio, Patrizio Petrone and L. D. Britt -- Spleen / L. D. Britt -- Intraabdominal Vasculature / George H. Meier and Hosam F. El Sayed -- Colon and Rectum / Herand Abcarian -- Urogenital Tract / Nejd F. Alsikafi, Sean P. Elliott, Maurice M. Garcia and Jack W. McAninch -- Pelvis / Craig M. Rodner and Bruce D. Browner -- Lower Extremities / Tina A. Maxian and Michael J. Bosse -- Hand and Upper Extremities / David T. Netscher and Idris Gharbaoui -- Peripheral Vasculature / David V. Feliciano -- Part III. Administration, Ethics, and Law -- Understanding the Latest Changes in EMTALA: Our Country's Emergency Care Safety Net / Thomas R. Russell -- Informed Surgical Consent / Linda S. Laibstain and Robert C. Nusbaum -- Advance Directives / David G. Jacobs -- The Nonviable Patient and Organ Procurement / Frederic J. Cole, Jay N. Collins and Leonard J. Weireter -- Ethical Dilemmas and the Law / Ira J. Kodner, Daniel M. Freeman, Robb R. Whinney and Douglas J. E. Schuerer -- Part IV. System and Curriculum Development -- Development of a Regional System for Surgical Emergencies (RSSE) / A. Brent Eastman, David B. Hoyt and J. Wayne Meredith -- Acute Care Surgery: A Proposed Curriculum / L. D. Britt and Michael F. Rotondo -- Emergency General Surgery: The Vanderbilt Model / José J. Diaz, Oscar D. Guillamondegui and John A. Morris -- Part V. The International Communities -- Acute Care Surgery: United Kingdom / Bernard F. Ribeiro, Simon Paterson-Brown, Murat Akyol, Michael Walsh and Andrew Sim, et al. -- Acute Care Surgery: Australia / Thomas Kossmann and Ilan S. Freedman -- Acute Care Surgery: Japan / Kyoichi Takaori and Nobuhiko Tanigawa.
- State of the science : background, history, and current threats / Steven M. Presley, Chris B. Pepper, Galen P. Austin, Ronald J. Kendall -- Threats and vulnerabilities associated with biological and chemical terrorism / Steven M. Presley, Galen P. Austin, Phil N. Smith, John White, Ronald J. Kendall -- Predicting and characterizing threat transport / Jeremy W. Leggoe, Chia-bo Chang, Stephen B. Cox, Steven M. Presley, Richard Zartman -- Assessment strategies for environmental protection from chemical and biological threats / Richard Zartman, Chai-Bo Chang, George P. Cobb, Joe Fralick, Steven M. Presley -- Chemical threat agent-induced latent (delayed) neurodegeneration / Jean Strahlendorf and Howard Strahlendorf -- Sensing biological and chemical threat agents / Gopal Coimbatore, Steven M. Presley, Jonathan Boyd, Eric J. Marsland, and George P. Cobb -- Phage display and its application for the detection and therapeutic intervention of biological threat agents / Joe A. Fralick and Prabhjit Chadha-Mohanty -- Personnel protective fabric technologies for chemical countermeasures / Seshadri Ramkumar, Utkarsh Sata, and Munim Hussain -- Pathogenic and toxic effects of select biological threat agents / Jia-Sheng Wang -- Conclusions and research needs for the future / Ronald J. Kendall, Galen P. Austin, Chia-bo Chang, George P. Cobb, Gopal Coimbatore, Stephen B. Cox, Joe A. Fralick, Jeremy W. Leggoe, Steven M. Presley, Seshadri S.Ramkumar, Philip N. Smith, Jean C. Strahlendorf, and Richard E. Zartman.
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency - A.P.I.C.E. 2006, Springer
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency - A.P.I.C.E. 2007, Springer
- Annual update in intensive care and emergency medicine 2011-, Springer
- Annual update in intensive care and emergency medicine 2012 2012, Springer
- Atlas of emergency medicine. 2nd ed. 2002, AccessMedicine
- Bedside procedures in the ICU 2012, Springer
- Biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism 2008, SpringerEmergency preparedness for the primary care physician -- Biological terrorism -- Chemical terrorism -- Radiological terrorism -- Mental health and terrorism -- The primary care physician's role in supporting the public health response to biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism.
- Bioterrorism 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bioterrorism and food safety 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bioterrorism and infectious agents 2009, SpringerAnthrax : a disease and a weapon / Kenneth Alibek, Catherine Lobanova and Serguei Popov -- Plague as a biological weapon / David T. Dennis -- Tularemia and bioterrorism / Lisa Hodges and Robert L. Penn -- Melioidosis and Glanders as possible biological weapons / David Allan Brett Dance -- Smallpox as a weapon for bioterrorism / J. Michael Lane -- Hemorrhagic Fever viruses as biological weapons / Allison Groseth ... [et al.] -- Botulism as a potential agent of bioterrorism / Thomas P. Bleck -- Ricin : a possible, noninfectious biological weapon / Maor Maman and Yoav Yehezkelli -- Bioterrorism alert for health care workers / Theodore J. Cieslak, George W. Christopher and Edward M. Eitzen -- The economics of planning and preparing for bioterrorism / Martin I. Meltzer.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation 2005, SpringerHistory of the science of cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Mickey S. Eisenberg -- Epidemiology of sudden death / Russell V. Luepker -- Prevention of sudden cardiac death / Joseph E. Marine -- Physiology of ventilation during cardiac arrest / Andrea Gabrielli, A. Joseph Layon, and Ahamed H. Idris -- Management of ventilation during resuscitation / Marsh Cuttino -- Management of airway obstruction / Michael R. Sayre -- Etiology, electrophysiology, myocardial energy mechanics, and treatment of bradyasystole / Charles E. Cady and Tom P. Aufderheide -- Pulseless electrical activity / John M. Field -- Chest compression technique: a neglected key to success in CPR / Charles F. Babbs -- Alternate CPR devices and techniques / Henry Halperin and Barr Rayburn -- Training adults to perform CPR : what works? / Barbara Riegel, Lars Wik, and Alidene Doherty -- External defibrillation / Gregory P. Walcott, Cheryl R. Killingsworth, and Raymond E. Ideker -- Public access defibrillation / Vincent N. Mosesso, Jr., Mary M. Newman, and Kristin R. Hanson -- Pacing during cardiac arrest / Allan S. Jaffe and Utpal H. Pandya -- Therapeutic hypothermia in the treatment of cardiac arrest / Benjamin S. Abella, Terry Vanden Hoek, and Lance B. Becker -- Percutaneous coronary bypass as an adjunct for resuscitation / Catherine Cooper and Bruce D. Spiess -- Principles of drug delivery during CPR / Edgar R. Gonzalez ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological resuscitation interventions / Wanchun Tang, Shijie Sun, and Max Harry Weil --Use of vasopressor drugs / Anette C. Krismer ... [et al.] -- Buffer therapy / Martin von Planta -- Antiarrhythmic drugs and cardiac resuscitation / Brian Olshansky, Pamela Nerheim, and Richard Kerber -- Electrolyte disturbances and cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Domenic A. Sica -- Cardiac arrest in pregnancy / Alison A. Rodriguez and Gary A. Dildy, III -- Drowning / Jerome H. Modell and Andrea Gabrielli -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and early management of the lightning strike victim / Mary Ann Cooper and Sara Ashley Johnson -- Hypothermic cardiac arrest / Daniel F. Danzl -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in trauma / Rao R. Ivatury and Kevin R. Ward -- Monitoring techniques during resuscitation / Kevin R. Ward, R. Wayne Barbee, and Rao R. Ivatury -- Myocardial dysfunction postresuscitation / Alejandro Vasquez and Karl B. Kern -- Postresuscitation cerebral dysfunction : prevention and treatment / Antonio E. Mu-iz -- Pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Robert A. Berg and Vinay M. Nadkarni -- In-hospital resuscitation / Mary Ann Peberdy -- Successful systems for out-of-hospital resuscitation / Paul E. Pepe, Lynn A. Roppolo, and Leonard A. Cobb -- Animal models of resuscitation / Kevin R. Ward and R. Wayne Barbee -- Design of clinical trials related to medical emergencies / Alfred Hallstrom -- Ethics in resuscitation / Antonio E. Mu-iz -- The future of cardiopulmonary resuscitation : combination therapy / Joseph P. Ornato.
- Cerebral monitoring in the OR and ICU 2005, SpringerCerebral monitoring in the operating room and the intensive care unit: an introductory for the clinician and a guide for the novice wanting to open a window to the brain. Part I: the electroencephalogram / Enno Freye and Joseph V. Levy -- Part II: sensory-evoked potentials (SSEP, AEP, VEP) / Enno Freye -- Part III: spinal cord evoked potentials / Enno Freye.
- Clinical procedures in emergency medicine. 5th ed. 2010, MD Consult
- Combat sports medicine 2009, Springer
- Conflict and catastrophe medicine. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Counter-terrorism for emergency responders. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEThe United States is a high priority target, and the goal of today's terrorist is body count. Our enemies can kill thousands with just a small amount of chemical or biological agent. This book details the characteristics, actions, identification, and containment of possible agents. With chapters on chemical agents, biological agents, explosive, nuclear, and incendiary devices, the author prepares the first responder to handle everything from re-establishing control and on-scene triage, to monitoring and detection techniques, decontamination, and training resources. It provides step-by-step procedures for recognizing and identifying terrorist incidents. Explores scene security, crime scene, isolation issues and recommended protective equipment and decontamination procedures. Provides guidance for all emergency responders to terrorist incidents, including fire, EMS, and law enforcement.
- Crisis management in acute care settings 2008, SpringerThe human factors: errors and skills -- The challenge of acute healthcare -- The nature of error -- The psychology of human action -- Human perception: the way we see things -- Information processing and mental models: world views -- Goals and plans: turning points for success -- Attention: in the focus of consciousness -- Stress -- Strategies for action: ways to achieve good decisions -- The key to success: teamwork -- Speech is golden: communication -- Leadership -- Organizations and human error -- Reliable acute care medicine.
- Crisis management in acute care settings. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Critical infrastructure 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Current diagnosis & treatment emergency medicine AccessMedicine, latest ed. only.
- Damage control management in the polytrauma patient. 1st ed. 2010, Springer
- Diagnostic imaging for the emergency physician 2011, ScienceDirectImaging the head and brain / Joshua Broder and Robert Preston -- Imaging the face / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine / Joshua Broder -- Imaging soft tissues of the neck / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the chest : the chest radiograph / Joshua Broder -- Imaging chest trauma / Joshua S. Broder -- Imaging of pulmonary embolism and nontraumatic aortic pathology / Joshua Broder -- Cardiac CT imaging / Joshua Broder -- Imaging of nontraumatic abdominal conditions / Joshua Broder -- Imaging abdominal and flank trauma / Joshua Broder -- Imaging abdominal vascular catastrophes /Joshua Broder -- Imaging the genitourinary tract / Joshua Broder -- Imaging of the pelvis and hip / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the extremities / Joshua Broder -- Emergency department applications of musculoskeletal magnetic resonance imaging : an evidence-based assessment / Joshua Broder -- "Therapeutic imaging" : image-guided therapies in emergency medicine / Joshua Broder.
- Emergencies in pediatric oncology 2012, Springer
- Emergencies in urology 2007, Springer
- Emergency echocardiography 2009, Springer
- Emergency neurology 2012, SpringerHeadache in the Emergency Department /Carrie E. Robertson, David F. Black and Jerry W. Swanson --/Low Back Pain Emergencies /Luis A. Serrano, Tim Maus and J. D. Bartleson --/Dizziness and Vertigo Presentations in the Emergency Department /Kevin A. Kerber and Robert W. Baloh --/Syncope /Mark D. Carlson --/Acute Visual Loss /Cédric Lamirel, Nancy J. Newman and Valérie Biousse --/Diplopia, Third Nerve Palsies, and Sixth Nerve Palsies /Janet C. Rucker --/Facial Nerve Palsy /James M. Gilchrist --/Acute Stroke Evaluation and Management /Ty Tiesong Shang, Dileep R. Yavagal, Jose G. Romano and Ralph L. Sacco --/Intracerebral Hemorrhage /Pratik Vishnu Patel, Lucas Elijovich and J. Claude Hemphill --/Seizures and Status Epilepticus /Sandipan Pati and Joseph I. Sirven --/Central Nervous System Infections /Karen L. Roos --/Weakness (Guillain-Barré Syndrome) /Mengjing Huan and A. Gordon Smith --/Spinal Cord Compression and Myelopathies /William F. Schmalstieg and Brian G. Weinshenker --/Movement Disorder Emergencies /Robert L. Rodnitzky --/Encephalopathy /Steven L. Lewis --/Acute Respiratory Failure in Neuromuscular Disorders /Cynthia L. Bodkin and Robert M. Pascuzzi --/Coma and Brain Death /Robert E. Hoesch and Romergryko G. Geocadin --/Neurotoxicology Emergencies /Laura M. Tormoehlen --/Substance Abuse, Somatization, and Personality Disorders /
- Emergency neuroradiology 2006, Springer
- Emergency radiology 2007, Springer
- Emergency radiology of the abdomen 2012, SpringerThe term "acute abdomen" refers to a serious, often progressive clinical situation that calls for immediate diagnostic and therapeutic action. Today, diagnosis via imaging has basically replaced the physical examination in the emergency room and the Radiologist has become of primary importance in this setting. However, close co-operation among the various specialists involved is essential for successful patient management, and thus the Radiologist needs to have a full understanding of the imaging modalities and technical skills required, as well as appropriate clinical knowledge of t
- Emergency response handbook for chemical and biological agents and weapons. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Emergency vascular surgery 2007, Springer
- First responder's guide to abnormal psychology 2007, SpringerIntroduction -- The role and importance of first responders to dealing with psychologically disordered individuals -- Normal vs. abnormal behavior: a continuum -- Key mental health issues in the criminal justice and emergency medical systems -- Disorders of the brain and central nervous system -- The psychotic disorders -- The mood disorders -- The anxiety, somatoform and dissociative disorders -- The personality disorders -- The substance use disorders -- Crisis, terrorism and trauma-based disorders -- Therapeutic justice -- Mental disorders in youth -- Index.
- Forensic emergency medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidPerpetrators / John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker -- The Victims of violence / Carroll Ann Ellis -- Interviewing techniques / Peggy L. Johnson and John S. O'Brien II -- Forensic emergency medicine: penetrating trauma / William S. Smock -- Forensic aspects of motor vehicle trauma / William S. Smock -- Forensic examination of adult victims and perpetrators of sexual assault / Judith A. Linden, Annie Lewis-O'Connor, and M. Christine Jackson -- Sexual abuse and sexual assault of adolescents / V. Jill Kempthorne -- Child sexual assault: the acute assessment / Mary-Theresa L. Baker -- Child abuse/assault / Richard Lichenstein and Adrienne H. Suggs -- Elder abuse / Adam J. Geroff and Jonathan S. Olshaker -- Treating survivors of intimate partner abuse: forensic identification and documentation / Daniel J. Sheridan -- New drugs of abuse / K. Sophia Dyer -- Serology and DNA evidence / Rosalind Bowman, Teri J. Labbe, and Kimberly A. Mullings -- Law enforcement / Donald E. Steinhice -- Sexual assault and the criminal justice system / Sharon A.H. May -- Testifying / Sharon A.H. May -- Forensic photography in the emergency department / William S. Smock and Patrick E. Besant-Matthews.
- General ultrasound in the critically ill 2005, Springer
- Handbook of bioterrorism and disaster medicine 2006, Springer
- Handbook on drowning 2005, Springer
- How to set up an acute stroke service 2012, Springer
- Intensive and critical care medicine 2009, Springer
- Intensive care medicine ... annual update 2005-2010., Springer
- Introduction to clinical emergency medicine. 2nd ed. 2012, Cambridge"The Practitioner's understanding of emergency medicine principles and practice, directly benefiting patient care in a variety of emergency settings An Introduction to Clinical Emergency Medicine, Second Edition is a much-needed resource for individuals practicing this challenging field. This textbook is novel in its approach to emergency medicine topics. It describes in detail the best and most current methods to care for patients in the emergency department, including initial evaluation, generation of differential diagnoses, problem solving, and management of challenging conditions based on presenting symptoms. Unlike other textbooks, in which the diagnosis is known, this textbook approaches clinical problems as clinicians manage patients - without full knowledge of the final diagnosis. It provides an understanding for how to approach patients with undifferentiated conditions, ask the right questions, gather historical data, utilize physical examination skills, and order and interpret appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests. This textbook also provides current management and disposition strategies with controversies presented, including pearls, pitfalls, and myths for topics covered. Chapters are written by nationally- and internationally respected clinicians, educators, and researchers in the field of emergency medicine. Second Edition of An Introduction to Clinical Emergency Medicine offers just the right combination of text, clinical images, and practical information for students, residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and experienced physicians in all medical disciplines"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction to clinical emergency medicine. 2nd edition Lane Catalog record
- From the Publisher: Prepared by the faculty of the National Emergency Airway Management Course, this manual is an expert, practical guide to emergency airway management in any adult or pediatric patient. It offers step-by-step instructions on techniques, drug administration, and prevention and management of complications and includes a complete section on difficult clinical scenarios. The book is packed with easy-to-follow algorithms and diagrams and helpful mnemonics. Each of the Third Edition's chapters includes improved full-color illustrations and updated evidence-based analyses of procedures. A new section geared to the prehospital setting presents current National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians guidelines, including alternative airway devices.
- Mechanical ventilation 2005, SpringerThe Importance of Acute Respiratory Failure in the ICU -- The Epidemiology of Mechanical Ventilation -- Long-term Outcomes of Mechanical Ventilation -- Understanding and Changing the Practice of Mechanical Ventilation in the Community -- Control of Breathing During Mechanical Ventilation -- Patient-ventilator Interactions -- Physiological Rationale for Ventilation of Patients with Obstructive Diseases -- Role of the Clinician in Adjusting Ventilator Parameters During Assisted Ventilation -- Neurally-adjusted Ventilatory Assist -- Liberating Patients from Mechanical Ventilation: What Have we Learned About Protocolizing Care? -- Novel Approaches to Monitoring Mechanical Ventilatory Support -- Indications for Non-invasive Ventilation -- Non-invasive Ventilation: Causes of Success or Failure -- Non-invasive Ventilation in Immunocompromised Patients -- Biophysical Factors Leading to VILI -- Vascular Contribution to VILI -- VILI: Physiological Evidence -- Systemic Effects of Mechanical Ventilation -- Chest Wall Mechanics in ARDS -- Targets in Mechanical Ventilation for ARDS -- How to Detect VILI at the Bedside? -- Lung Morphology in ARDS: How it Impacts Therapy -- Recruitment Maneuvers in ARDS -- Spontaneous Breathing During Ventilatory Support in Patients with ARDS -- Pressure-support Ventilation in Patients with ALI/ -- Prone Ventilation -- Adjuncts to Mechanical Ventilation for ARDS including Biological Variability -- Summary of Clinical Trials of Mechanical Ventilation in ARDS.
- Mechanisms of sepsis-induced organ dysfunction and recovery 2007, Springer
- Medical response to major incidents and disasters 2012, Springer
- Movement disorder emergencies. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerA Brief Introduction to Movement Disorders /Steven J. Frucht --Acute Parkinsonism /Hubert H. Fernandez and Joseph H. Friedman --Parkinsonism-Hyperpyrexia Syndrome in Parkinson's Disease /Daniel E. Huddleston and Stewart A. Factor --Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome /Stanley N. Caroff, Stephan C. Mann, Kenneth A. Sullivan and E. Cabrina Campbell --Malignant Catatonia /Stephan C. Mann, Stanley N. Caroff, Henry R. Bleier and E. Cabrina Campbell --Psychosis and Parkinson's Disease /Christina L. Vaughan and Jennifer G. Goldman --Abductor Paresis in Shy-Drager Disease /Eiji Isozaki --Movement Disorder Emergencies of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract /Lesley Childs, Scott Rickert, Boris Bentsianov, Ajay Chitkara and Anthony Cultrara, et al. --Dystonic Storm /Melissa J. Nirenberg and Blair Ford --Pseudodystonic Emergencies /Jong-Min Kim and Beom S. Jeon --Tardive and Neuroleptic-Induced Emergencies /Paul E. Greene and Steven J. Frucht --Hemiballism-Hemichorea /Ronald B. Postuma and Anthony E. Lang --Sydenham's Chorea, PANDAS, and Other Post-streptococcal Neurological Disorders /Roser Pons --Emergencies in Huntington's Disease /Kathleen M. Shannon --Acute Spinal Rigidity /P. D. Thompson --Tic Emergencies /Vanessa K. Hinson and Christopher G. Goetz --Malignant Phonic Tics /Joseph Jankovic --Serotonin Syndrome /Mark Forrest Gordon and Adena N. Leder --Risks and Dangers from Hyperekplexia and Other Startle Disorders /Frederick Andermann and Eva Andermann --Perioperative Emergencies Associated with Deep Brain Stimulation /Takashi Morishita, Adam P. Burdick and Michael S. Okun --Psychogenic Movement Disorders /Daniel Schneider and Daniel T. Williams --Anti-NMDA Receptor Encephalitis and Other Autoimmune and Paraneoplastic Movement Disorders /Jessica Panzer and Josep Dalmau --Wilson's Disease /George J. Brewer --Dopa-Responsive Dystonia /Yoshiaki Furukawa, Mark Guttman, Shinichiro Nakamura and Stephen J. Kish --Whipple's Disease /Eoin Mulroy, John Lynch and Tim Lynch --Driving Risk in Patients with Movement Disorders /Ergun Y. Uc --Genetics and Genetic Counseling Related Issues /Martha A. Nance --Suicide Risk in Parkinson's Disease /Valerie Voon.
- Nuclear, chemical, and biological terrorism 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Perioperative critical care cardiology. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Practical assessment and treatment of the patient with headaches in the emergency department and urgent care clinic 2011, Springer
- Preparing for terrorism 2002, NAP
- Public health risks of disasters 2005, NAP
- Quantification addendum. 3rd ed. 2010, WHO
- RISK21, coping with risks due to natural hazards in the 21st century 2004, CRCnetBASEDisaster risk management and risk impact: Risk concept, integral risk management and risk governance / W.J. Amman ; Risk based regulation / H. Seiler ; Emerging risk and risk management policies in selected OECD countries / P.-A. Schieb ; Vulnerability analysis, livelihoods and disasters / T. Cannon ; Crisis invention and risk reduction / D. Alexander -- Risk perception, aversion, risk levels: Risk aversion : a delicate issue in risk assessment / Th. Schneider ; Evaluation of risks due to natural hazards : a conceptual approach / Th. Schneider ; Challenges in defining acceptable risk levels / R. Bell, T. Glade & M. Danscheid ; Risk as perceived and evaluated by the general public / M.M. Zwick ; Understanding risk perception from natural hazards : examples from Germany / T. Plapp & U. Werner ; The cognitive representation of global risks : empirical studies / A.D. Eisler, H. Eisler & M. Yoshida ; Gender studies : social and psychological issues in disaster reduction / D. Mukhopadhyay -- Risk analysis, risk management and sustainability: Post-harvest management strategies, drought vulnerability and food security / C. Ifejika Speranza & U. Wiesmann ; CEDIM-risk map Germany : first results / C. Lechtenbörger ; Efficiency of protection measures / H. Weck-Hannemann -- Application of the marginal cost approach and cost-benefit analysis to measures for avalanche risk reduction : a case study from Davos, Switzerland / M. Bründl, M.C. McAlpin, U. Gruber & S. Fuchs ; TripelBudgetierung, sustainable integral risk management / H.-O. Schiegg & P. Hardegger ; Building vulnerability related to floods and debris flows-- case studies / D. Kraus, J. Hubl & D. Rickenmann ; Management of risks from large landslides : the problems of acceptable and residual risks / Ch. Bonnard & L. Vulliet ; Panarchy and sustainable risk prevention by management protection forests in mountain areas / L.K.A. Dorren & F. Berger ; Protective measures and risk management-- basics and examples of avalanche and torrential risks in Switzerland / H. Romang & S. Margreth ; The vulnerability of buildings affected by powder avalanches / M. Barbolini .. [et al.] ; Temporal variability of damage potential in settlements-- a contribution towards the long-term development of avalanche risk / S. Fuchs ... [et al.] -- Outlook.
- "This best-selling emergency department reference is now in its thoroughly updated Fourth Edition. The foremost authorities provide practical information on over 600 clinical problems in a fast-access two-page outline format that's perfect for on-the-spot consultation during care in the emergency department. Coverage of each disorder includes clinical presentation, pre-hospital, diagnosis, treatment, disposition, and ICD-10 coding. Icons enable practitioners to quickly spot the information they need. This edition provides up-to-date information on topics such as emerging infections, new protocols, and new treatments"--Provided by publisher.
- Rosen's Emergency medicine. 6th ed. v. 1-3, 2006.
- Rosen's Emergency medicine. 7th ed. 2009, MD Consult
- Ryan's Ballistic trauma. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerPart 1. Personal Views -- A Personal View / James M. Ryan -- A Personal Experience / Damian Douglas Keene -- The War in West Philadelphia / John P. Pryor -- Part 2. Weapons, Blast and Ballistics -- How Guns Work / Mark Byers, Kerry Starkey and Peter F. Mahoney -- The Effects of Bullets / Donald H. Jenkins -- Bombs, Mines, and Fragmentation / Toney W. Baskin and John B. Holcomb -- Cluster Munitions / Henry Dowlen -- Shaped Charges and Explosively Formed Projectiles / Jonathan Morrison and Peter F. Mahoney -- Suicide Bombs / Piers R. J. Page and Ian Greaves -- Blast Injury / Emrys Kirkman, Neal Jacobs, Giles R. Nordmann, Stuart Harrisson and Peter F. Mahoney, et al. -- Ballistic Protection / Alan Hepper, Daniel Longhurst, Graham Cooper and Philip Gotts -- Forensic Aspects of Ballistic Injury / Jeanine Vellema and Hendrik Scholtz -- Part 3. Trauma Systems -- Civilian Trauma Systems / Jason Smith -- The UK Military Trauma System / Timothy J. Hodgetts -- Part 4. Prehospital and the Emergency Room -- Triage / Rob Russell -- Prehospital Care / Mark Byers, John-Joe Reilly and Peter F. Mahoney -- Emergency Department Management / Jason Smith -- Imaging Triage for Ballistic Trauma / Jon David Simmons and Tracy R. Bilski -- Part 5. Advanced Resuscitation and Anaesthesia, Section -- Damage Control Resuscitation / Adam J. Brooks and Bryan A. Cotton -- Battlefield Analgesia / Aaron D. Nelson and Dominic J. Aldington -- Anesthesia for the Ballistic Casualty / Craig C. McFarland -- Regional Anesthesia for the Ballistic Trauma Victim / Dan Connor --Part 6. Clinical Care -- Damage Control Surgery: Concepts / Mark J. Midwinter and Adam J. Brooks -- Management of Ballistic Trauma to the Head / Geoffrey S. F. Ling, Chris J. Neal and James M. Ecklund -- Spinal Injury / Neil Buxton -- Eyes / Robert A. H. Scott -- Maxillofacial Ballistic Injuries / Andrew Martin Monaghan -- Neck Injury / Matthew J. Borkon and Bryan A. Cotton -- Damage Control / Benjamin Braslow, Adam J. Brooks and C. William Schwab -- Management of Vascular Trauma / Kate Brown and Nigel Tai -- Damage Control Part III: Definitive Reconstruction / Steven R. Allen, Adam J. Brooks, Patrick M. Reilly and Bryan A. Cotton -- Penetrating Genitourinary Trauma / Jay J. Doucet and David B. Hoyt -- Burns / Alan Kay -- Management of Extremity Injuries / David E. Hinsley and Jon Clasper -- Ballistic Trauma in Children / Graeme Pitcher -- Ballistic Trauma in Pregnancy / Michael J. Socher and Peter E. Nielsen -- Managing Ballistic Injury in the NGO Environment / Ari K. Leppäniemi -- Part 7. Critical Care -- Critical Care for Ballistic Trauma in Austere Environments / Christian B. Swift and Geoffrey S. F. Ling -- Transfer and Evacuation / Robert D. Tipping and Jonathan Vollam -- Critical Care Management: The Patient with Ballistic Trauma / Tim Nutbeam and Damian Douglas Keene -- Critical Care Nursing at Role Four / Clare Dutton -- The Role of Nutrition in the Treatments of Injured Military Personnel / Susan Duff, Susan Price and Jennifer Gray -- Part 8. Reconstruction & Rehabilitation -- Role 4 and Reconstruction / Steven L. A. Jeffery and Keith Porter -- Conflict Rehabilitation / John Etherington -- Part 9. And Finally -- Have You Read MASH? / Peter F. Mahoney.
- Short stay management of acute heart failure. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Administrative and Regulatory Issues /Society of Chest Pain Centers' Heart Failure Accreditation /Kay Styer Holmes and Arlene Mavko --The Economics and Reimbursement of Congestive Heart Failure /Sandra Sieck --Regulatory Requirements in Acute Heart Failure /Nancy M. Albert --Quality and Operational Metrics in Heart Failure /Phillip D. Levy and Matthew A. Wheatley --Interaction of Performance Measurements, Staffing, and Facility Requirements for the Heart Failure Observation Unit /Valorie Sweigart and Karen Krechmery --Part 2.Pathophysiology and Demographics /Heart Failure: Epidemiology and Demographics /Karina M. Soto-Ruiz --Pathophysiology of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure /Ezra A. Amsterdam, Kathleen L. Tong and Richard Summers --Part 3.Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Department Assessment and Treatment /The Out-of-Hospital Management of Acute Heart Failure /Marvin A. Wayne, Vincent N. Mosesso and A. Keith Wesley --Dyspnea Assessment and Airway Management in Acute Heart Failure Syndromes Patients /Masood Zaman and Peter S. Pang --Volume Assessment in the Emergency Department /Anna Marie Chang and Judd E. Hollander --Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers in Emergency Department Heart Failure /Yang Xue, Arrash Fard, Navaid Iqbal and Alan Maisel --Emergency Department Therapy of Acute Heart Failure /Phillip D. Levy --Part 4.Observation Unit Entry Treatment and Disposition /Observation Unit Admission Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria /Gregory J. Fermann and Sean P. Collins --Acute Heart Failure in Observation Unit Treatment Protocols /J. Douglas Kirk and Michael Clarke --Education Elements in the Observation Unit for Heart Failure Patients /Robin J. Trupp --Emergency Department and Observation Unit Discharge Criteria /Rachel Rockford and Deborah B. Diercks --Effective Discharge Planning /Ginger Conway --Outpatient Medication Titration in Acute Heart Failure /Khadijah Breathett and L. Kristin Newby --Part 5.Complications and Future Research/Drugs to Avoid in Acute Heart Failure: Contraindicated Medications and Interactions /James McCord --Implications of Atrial Fibrillation in Heart Failure Management /Chad E. Darling and Richard V. Aghababian --Implantable Cardiac Devices /Brian Hiestand and William Abraham --Heart Failure and Kidney Disease: Management in the Short-Stay Unit /Shahriar Dadkhah and Korosh Sharain --Heart Failure Research in the Emergency Department and Observation Unit /Candace McNaughton, Patricia Fick and Alan Storrow --Appendix:Shared Practice Examples /Kay Styer Holmes.
- Short stay management of chest pain 2009, SpringerEpidemiology and demography of coronary artery disease / S. Dadkhah and K. Sharain -- Financial impact of acute coronary syndromes: The need for new care delivery models / S. Sieck -- Why have a chest pain unit? / A. Annathurai and M.A. Ross -- Pathophysiology and definition of the acute coronary syndromes / E.A. Amsterdam, D. Diercks and J.D. Kirk -- Emergency department presentation / J.A. Holmes and S. Collins -- Risk stratification: History, physical, and EKG / A.B. Storrow, I. McClure and E. Harbison -- Cardiac markers: A chest pain center focus / R.H. Christenson -- Risk stratification using scoring systems / J.E. Hollander and A.M. Chang -- Emergency department disposition of patients presenting with chest pain / K. Owen and D.B. Diercks -- Short-stay unit requirements / L. Graff and iv -- Medical therapy in patients managed in a chest pain observation unit / J. McCord -- Provocative testing / J.D. Kirk, M.C. Kontos and E.A. Amsterdam -- Use of multislice CT and MRI for the evaluation of patients with chest pain / B. O'Neil, M.J. Gallagher and G.L. Raff -- Disposition from the short stay unit / C.A. Ghaemmaghami and W.J. Brady -- Examples of patient discharge instructions, ACS rule out protocols, and order sheets / K.S. Holmes.
- Taser conducted electrical weapons 2009, SpringerConducted electrical weapons: a user's perspective / Greg Meyer -- The scientific history / Robert A. Stratbucker -- Conducted electrical weapons and resolution of use-of-force encounters / Charles Mesloh, Mark Henych, and Ross Wolf -- Nonlethal weapons: the broader context / Peter J. Cuenca and John G. McManus -- Transcutaneous muscle stimulation / James D. Sweeney -- Current flow in the human body / Dorin Panescu and Robert A. Stratbucker -- Animal studies / John G. Webster -- CEW research models: animal and human studies / Theodore C. Chan and Gary M. Vilke -- Cardiac arrhythmias / Derek J. Dosdall and Raymond E. Ideker -- Electrocardiographic effects of the CEW / Jeffrey D. Ho -- Serum and skin effects of CEW application / Jeffrey D. Ho -- Electrocardiographic effects of the CEW / Robert Reardon -- Rhabdomyolysis / Ronald Moscati and Samuel Cloud -- Effects of CEWs on respiration / Donald M. Dawes -- Neuroendocrine effects of CEWs / Donald M. Dawes and Mark W. Kroll -- Electroporation of cardiac and nerve cells / Vadim V. Fedorov, Leonid Livshitz, Geran Kostecki, and Igor R. Efimov -- Eye and head injuries / S. Robert Witherspoon, Andreas K. Lauer, and Jonathan L. Marinaro -- CEW effects with illegal stimulant intoxication / Patrick Tchou -- Alcohol and the CEW / Ronald Moscati and Jeffrey D. Ho -- Conducted electrical weapons and implantible cardiac devices / Subba Reddy Vanga, James L. Vacek. Loren Berenhom and Dhanunjaya R. Lakkireddy -- Risk management and the CEW / Greg Bingham -- The New York City experience / Michael D. White and Justin Ready -- Impact of CEW and other types of force and resistance on officer and suspect injuries / Michael R. Smith, Robert J. Kaminski, Jeffrey Rojek, Geoffrey P. Alpert, and James Mathis -- Field statistics overview / James E. Brewer and Mark W. Kroll -- Sudden in-custody death / Samuel J. Stratton -- Stimulant abuse and sudden cardiac death / Steven B. Karch -- The systemic role of illicit drugs and their toxicology / Joshua Gunn, Michael A. Evans, and M. Scott Kriger -- Excited delirium syndrome / Vincent J. M. Di Maio and Theresa G. Di Maio -- Biochemical brain markers in excited delirium deaths / Deborah C. Mash -- Sudden unexpected death in custody (SUDIC) / Charles V. Wetli -- Legal basics for the CEW -- Science and logic meet the law / Michael A. Brave -- Appendix A: Excited delirium checklist -- Appendix B: Electrocution diagnosis checklist.
- Resuscitation-pediatric basic and advanced life support -- Neonatal resuscitation -- Shock -- Sedation and analgesia -- Emergency airway management-rapid sequence intubation -- Emergency medical services and transport medicine -- Emergency department recognition and management of victims of biological and chemical terrorism -- Abdominal distension -- Apnea -- Ataxia -- Breast lesion -- Coma and altered level of consciousness -- Constipation -- Cough -- Cyanosis -- Crying and colic in early infancy -- Dehydration -- Diarrhea -- Disturbed child -- Dizziness -- Edema -- Epistaxis -- Eye-red -- Eye-strabismus -- Eye-unequal pupils -- Eye-visual disturbances -- Fever -- Foreign body-ingestion/aspiration -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Groin masses -- Hearing loss --- Patients with heart murmurs -- Hematuria -- Hypertension -- Immobile arm -- Injury-ankle -- Injury-head -- Injury-knee -- Injury-shoulder -- Jaundice-unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Jaundice-conjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Limp -- Lymphadenopathy -- Neck mass -- Neck stiffness -- Odor-unusual -- Oligomenorrhea -- Oral lesions -- Pain-abdomen -- Pain-back -- Pain-chest -- Pain-dysphagia -- Pain-dysuria -- Pain-earache -- Headache -- Pain-joints -- Pain-scrotal -- Pallor -- Palpitations -- Polydipsia -- Rash-eczematous -- Rash-maculopapular -- Rash-papular lesions -- Rash-papulosquamous lesions -- Rash-petechiae and purpura -- Rash-urticaria -- Rash-vesicobullous -- Respiratory distress -- Seizures -- The septic-appearing infant -- Sore throat -- Stridor -- Syncope -- Tachycardia -- Urinary frequency in childhood -- Vaginal bleeding -- Vaginal discharge -- Vomiting -- Weakness -- Wheezing -- Weight loss -- Asthma and allergic emergencies -- Bite and stings -- Cardiac emergencies -- Dermatologic urgencies and emergencies -- Endocrine emergencies --Environmental emergencies -- Injuries involving radiation -- Gastrointestinal emergencies -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology -- Hematologic emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies-sexually transmitted diseases -- Metabolic emergencies -- Problems in the early neonatal period -- Neurologic emergencies -- Oncologic emergencies -- Pulmonary emergencies -- Emergencies in cystic fibrosis -- Renal and electrolyte emergencies -- Rheumatologic emergencies -- Toxicologic emergencies -- Evaluation of the ill returning traveler -- An approach to the injured child -- Major trauma -- Minor trauma-lacerations -- Abdominal trauma -- Burns -- Dental trauma -- Otolaryngologic trauma -- Facial trauma -- Genitourinary trauma -- Hand trauma -- Musculoskeletal trauma -- Neck trauma -- Neurotrauma -- Eye trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Minor lesions and injuries -- Approach to the care of the technology-assisted child -- Abdominal emergencies -- Dental emergencies -- Otolaryngologic emergencies -- Urologic emergencies -- Orthopedic emergencies -- Neurosurgical emergencies, nontraumatic -- Ophthalmic emergencies -- Thoracic emergencies -- Transplantation emergencies -- Adolescent emergencies -- Behavioral emergencies -- Child abuse -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Ultrasound -- Illustrated techniques of pediatric emergency procedures -- App. A: Pediatric emergency medicine equipment -- App. B: Emergency drug compendium -- App. C: Practical information -- App. D: Parental instruction sheets -- App. E: Clinical pathways in emergency medicine.
- Tintinalli's Emergency medicine. 7th ed. 2011, AccessMedicineSection 1. Prehospital Care -- Section 2. Disaster Preparedness -- Section 3. Resuscitation -- Section 4. Resuscitative Procedures -- Section 5. Analgesia, Anesthesia, and Procedural Sedation -- Section 6. Emergency Wound Management -- Section 7. Cardiovascular Disease -- Section 8. Pulmonary Emergencies -- Section 9. Gastrointestinal Emergencies -- Section 10. Renal and Genitourinary Disorders -- Section 11. Obstetrics and Gynecology -- Section 12. Pediatrics -- Section 13. Infectious Diseases -- Section 14. Neurology -- Section 15. Toxicology -- Section 16. Environmental Injuries -- Section 17. Endocrine Emergencies -- Section 18. Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies -- Section 19. Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat, and Oral Surgery -- Section 20. Skin Disorders -- Section 21. Trauma -- Section 22. Injuries to Bones and Joints -- Section 23. Musculoskeletal Disorders -- Section 24. Psychosocial Disorders -- Section 25. Abuse and Assault -- Section 26. Special Situations -- Section 27. Principles of Imaging.Videos of Procedures: -- Dix-Hallpike Maneuver (4 min., 55 sec.) -- Epley Maneuver (3 min., 52 sec.) -- Ultrasound: Basilic Vein Cannulation (5 min., 17 sec.) -- The Knee Exam (10 min., 52 sec.) -- Lumbar Puncture Decubitus Position (10 min., 11 sec.) -- NIH Stroke Scale (18 min., 3 sec.) -- Posterior Leg Splint (2 min., 19 sec.) -- Chest Tube Insertion (10 min.).
- Trauma manual. 2nd ed. 2002, Ovid
- Trauma manual. 3rd ed. 2008, Ovid
- Trauma manual. 3rd ed. 2008, OvidLane Catalog record Ovid
- Wilderness medicine. 6th ed. 2012, MD Consult"Dr. Paul Auerbach and a team of experts offer proven, practical, visual guidance for effectively diagnosing and treating the full range of emergencies and health problems encountered in situations where time and resources are scarce. Every day, more and more people are venturing into the wilderness and extreme environments, or are victims of horrific natural disasters...and many are unprepared for the dangers and aftermath that come with these episodes. This resource equips rescuers and health care professionals to effectively address and prevent injury and illness in the wilderness"--Publisher's description."
- Wills Eye manual. 4th ed. 2004, Ovid
- Wills Eye manual. 5th ed. 2008, OvidDifferential diagnosis of ocular symptoms -- Differential diagnosis of ocular signs -- Trauma -- Cornea -- Conjunctiva/sclera/iris/external disease -- Eyelid -- Orbit -- Pediatrics -- Glaucoma -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- Retina -- Uveitis -- General ophthalmic problems -- Imaging modalities in ophthalmology.
- Yearbook of intensive care and emergency medicine 2005-2010., Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty