Books by Subject
- Analysis of growth factor signaling in embryos 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Avian embryology. 2nd ed. 2008, ScienceDirect
- Branching morphogenesis 2006, SpringerWhy a book on branching, and why now? / Jamie A. Davies -- Branching morphogenesis in vertebrate neurons / Katherine M. Kollins and Roger W. Davenport -- Branching of single cells in arabidopsis / Daniel Bouyer and Martin Hülskamp -- Branching in fungal hyphae and fungal tissues: growing mycelia in a desktop computer / David Moore, Liam J. McNulty, and Audrius Meskauskas -- Branching in colonial hydroids / Igor A. Kosevich -- How is the branching of animal blood vessels implemented? / Sybill Patan -- Extracellular matrix remodeling in mammary gland branching morphogenesis and breast cancer: the double-edged sword / Eva A. Turley and Mina J. Bissell --Branching morphogenesis in mammalian kidneys / Jamie A. Davies -- Embryonic salivary gland branching morphogenesis / Tina Jaskoll and Michael Melnick -- Branching morphogenesis of the prostate / A.A. Thomson and P.C. Marker -- Uterine glands / Thomas E. Spencer ... [et al.] -- Physical mechanisms of branching morphogenesis in animals: from viscous fingering to cartilage rings / Vincent Fleury ... [et al.].
- Clinical neuroembryology 2006, Springer
- Color atlas of fetal and neonatal histology 2011, SpringerThis book serves as a comprehensive atlas of the developmental histology of the major organs from 15 weeks gestation to the neonatal period. Each section includes text on basic embryologic processes that influence the development of each organ and highlight major histologic features that correspond with certain developmental periods. In addition, there are many color photomicrographs at key developmental stages to assist the reader in identifying appropriate histologic changes at each developmental stage. This book will be of great value to students of embryology, pathology residents and fellows, and attending pathologists who perform fetal autopsies.
- Current protocols in stem cell biology 2007-, WileyIncludes methods for isolating, maintaining, and differentiating embryonic and adult stem cells.
- Development of normal fetal movements 2010, Springer
- Development of sea urchins, ascidians, and other invertebrate deuterostomes 2004, ScienceDirectPart I. Procurement, maintenance & culture of oocytes, embryos, larvae and adults -- Part II. Embryological approaches -- Part III. Cell biological approaches -- Part IV. Molecular biological approaches -- Part V. Genomics -- Part VI. Echinoderm eggs and embryos in the teaching lab.
- Development of the inner ear 2005, Springer
- Development of the perineum in the human 2005, Springer
- Developmental neurobiology. 4th ed. 2005, Springer
- Differentiation of embryonic stem cells 2003, ScienceDirectDifferentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells -- Differentiation of mouse embryonic germ cells -- Gene discovery by manipulation of mouse embryonic stem cells -- Differentiation of monkey and human embryonic stem cells.
- Early development of the human pelvic diaphragm 2007, Springer
- Early life origins of health and disease 2006, Springer1. The Developmental origins of health and disease: the breadth and importance of the concept / Peter D. Gluckman and Mark A. Hanson -- 2. Developmental origins of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity in humans / Caroline H.D. Fall -- 3. Studies of twins: what can they tell us about the developmental origins of adult health and disease? / Ruth Morley, Terence Dwyer, and John B. Carlin -- 4. Prenatal programming of human motor function / Julia B. Pitcher, David J. Henderson-Smart, and Jeffrey S. Robinson -- 5. Adaptive responses of early embryos to their microenvironment and consequences for post-implantation development / Jeremy Thompson, Michelle Lane, and Sarah Robertson -- 6. Modification of epigenetic state through dietary manipulation in the developing mammalian embryo / Nicola Vickaryous and Emma Whitelaw -- 7. Critical experiments to determine if early nutritional influences on epigenetic mechanisms cause metabolic imprinting in humans / Robert A. Waterland -- 8. Manipulation of the maternal diet in rat pregnancy: different approaches to the demonstration of the programming principle / Simon C. Langley-Evans [et al.] -- 9. Programming hypertension-animal models: causes and mechanisms / Kate M. Denton, Michelle M. Kett, and Miodrag Dodic -- 10. Developmental programming of cardiovascular dysfunction / Lucilla Poston, James A. Armitage, and Paul D. Taylor -- 11. Kidney development and fetal programming / Karen M. Moritz and Luise A. Cullen-McEwen -- 12. Programming of obesity-experimental evidence / Bernhard H. Breier, Stefan O. Krechowec, and Mark H. Vickers -- 13. Perinatal programming of adult metabolic homeostasis: lessons from experimental studies / Kathryn l. Gatford ... [et al.] -- 14. Programming effects of excess glucocorticoid exposure in late gestation / Timothy J.M. Moss and Deborah M. Sloboda -- 15. Programming effects of moderate and binge alcohol consumption / Jeff Schwartz and Luke C. Carey -- 16. Vitamin D in pregnancy and offspring health / Marianne Tare, Helena C. Parkington, and Ruth Morley -- 17. The Fetal origins of adult mental illness / Laura Bennet and Alistair J. Gunn -- 18. Hypoxia, fetal growth and developmental origins of health and disease / Dino A. Giussani.
- Embryonic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Isolation and characterization -- v. 2. Differentiation models.
- Embryonic stem cells 2007, SpringerDefined culture media for human embryonic stem cells / T. Ludwig and J. Thomson -- Generation of disease-specific human embryonic stem cell lines / S. Minger -- Characterization and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / A. Laslett ... [et al.] -- Genetic modification of human embryonic stem cells / T. Zwaka -- Hematopoietic differentiation / C. Cerdan ... [et al.] -- Neural differentiation / Z.-J. Zhang ... [et al.] -- Germ cell differentiation / V. Angeles and R. Pera -- Mesodermal differentiation / N. Sharon and N. Benvenisty -- Three-dimensional culture of human embryonic stem cells / S. Gerecht ... [et al.] -- Extraembryonic cell differentiation / L. Armstrong and M. Lako -- Pancreatic cell differentiation / B. Fishman ... [et al.] -- Cardiomyocyte differentiation / D. Singla ... [et al.] -- Human embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells: Complementary tools for embryonic stem cell research / P. Tonge and P. Andrews -- Quality control of human stem cell lines / G. Stacey.
- Ethical dilemmas in prenatal diagnosis 2011, Springer
- Fetal MRI 2011, Springer
- Guide to techniques in mouse development. Part A, Mice, embryos, and cells. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Human embryonic stem cell protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsHuman embryonic stem cells: isolation, maintenance and differentiation / Kursad Turksen and Tammy-Claire Troy -- Blastocyst culture for deriving human embryonic stem cells / Ariff Bongso -- Propagation of human embryonic stem cells on human feeder cells / Mark Richards and Ariff Bongso -- Derivation and maintenance of human embryonic stem cells / Michal Amit and Joseph Itskovitz-Eldor -- Isolation and characterization of human embryonic stem cells / Maisam Mitalipova and Gail Palmarini -- Routine culture and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Jim McWhir, Davina Wojtacha, and Alison Thomson -- Culture of human embryonic stem cells on human and mouse feeder cells / Gautam Dravid, Holly Hammond, and Linzhao Cheng -- Maintenance of human embryonic stem cells in animal serum- and feeder layer- free culture conditions / Michal Amit and Joseph Itskovitz-Eldor -- Manipulation of self-renewal in human embryonic stem cells through a novel pharmacological GSK-3 inhibitor / Noboru Sato and Ali H. Brivanlou -- Derivation of human feeders for prolonged support of human embryonic stem cells / Chui-Yee Fong and Ariff Bongso -- Transplantation of human embryonic stem cells to the chick embryo / Ronald S. Goldstein -- Derivation and characterization of neuronal precursors and dopaminergic neurons from human embryonic stem cells in vitro / Melissa Carpenter ... [et al.] -- In vitro differentiation of neural precursors from human embryonic stem cells / Xue-Jun Li and Su-Chun Zhang -- Derivation and characterization of hematopoietic cells from human embryonic stem cells / Lisheng Wang ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of hematopoietic progenitors derived from human embryonic stem cells / Pablo Menendez ... [et al.] -- Genetic manipulation of human embryonic stem cells by transfection / Rachel Eiges -- Designing, testing, and validating a microarray for stem cell characterization / Yongquan Luo ... [et al.] -- Microarray approach to identify the signaling network responsible for self-renewal of human embryonic stem cells / Noboru Sato and Ali H. Brivanlou -- Massively parallel signature sequencing / Daixing Zhou ... [et al.] -- Confrontation cultures of embryonic stem cells with multicellular tumor spheroids to study tumor-induced angiogenesis / Maria Wartenberg ... [et al.] -- A novel experimental platform for investigating cancer growth and anti-cancer therapy in a human tissue microenvironment derived from human embryonic stem cells / Maty Tzukerman and Karl L. Skorecki -- The analysis of mitochondria and mitochondrial DNA in human embryonic stem cells / Justin C. St. John ... [et al.].
- Immunology of gametes and embryo implantation 2005, Karger
- Molecular embryology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe mouse as a developmental model / Paul T. Sharpe -- Culture of postimplantation mouse embryos / Paul Martin and David L. Cockroft -- Organ culture in the analysis of tissue interactions / Irma Thesleff and Carin Sahlberg -- Treatment of mice with retinoids in vivo and in vitro / Gillian M. Morriss-Kay -- Analysis of skeletal ontogenesis through differential staining of bone and cartilage / Michael J. Depew -- Cell grafting and labeling in postimplantation mouse embryos / Gabriel A. Quinlan ... [et al.] -- Production of transgenic rodents by the microinjection of cloned DNA into fertilized one-celled eggs / David Murphy -- Cre recombinase mediated alterations of the mouse genome using embryonic stem cells / Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis, Melinda Pirity, and András Nagy -- Gene trapping in mouse embryonic stem cells / Jane Brennan and William C. Skarnes -- Application of lacZ transgenic mice to cell lineage studies / Catherine M. Watson ... [et al.] -- Transgenic RNA interference to investigate gene function in the mouse / Tilo Kunath -- Mouse primordial germ cells : isolation and in vitro culture / Patricia A. Labosky and Brigid L.M. Hogan -- Gene transfer to the rodent embryo by retroviral vectors / Marla B. Luskin -- The avian embryo : an overview / Ivor Mason -- Chick embryos : incubation and isolation / Ivor Mason -- New culture / Amata Hornbruch -- EC culture : a method to culture early chick embryos / Andrea Streit -- Grafting Henson's node / Claudio D. Stern -- Microsurgical manipulation of the notochord / Lúcia E. Alvares ... [et al.] -- Transplantation of avian neural tissue / Sarah Guthrie -- Grafting of apical ridge and polarizing region / Cheryl Tickle -- Tissue recombinations in collagen gels / Marysia Placzek -- Quail-chick chimeras / Marie-Aimée Teillet, Catherine Ziller, and Nicole M. Le Douarin -- Using fluorescent dyes for fate mapping, lineage analysis, and axon tracing in the chick embryo / Jonathan D.W. Clarke -- Gene transfer in avian embryos using replication-competent retroviruses / Cairine Logan and Philippa Francis-West -- Electroporation in avian embryos / Jun-ichi Funahashi and Harukazu Nakamura -- An overview of Xenopus development / Michael Jones and James C. Smith -- Mesoderm induction assays / C. Michael Jones and James C. Smith -- Experimental embryological methods for analysis of neural induction in the amphibian / Ray Keller, Ann Poznanski, and Tamira Elul -- A method for generating transgenic frog embryos / Shoko Ishibashi, Kristin L. Kroll, and Enrique Amaya -- Axolotl/newt / Malcolm Maden -- The zebrafish : an overview of its early development / Nigel Holder and Qiling Xu -- Small-scale marker-based screening for mutations in zebrafish development / Peter D. Currie, Thomas F. Schilling, and Philip W. ingham -- Microinjection and cell transplantation in zebrafish embryos / Qiling Xu, Derek Stemple, and Katherine Joubin -- Recent advances in meganuclease- and transposon-mediated transgenesis of medaka and zebrafish / Clemens Grabher and Joachim Wittbrodt -- Retinoids in nonmammalian embryos / Malcolm Maden -- Protochordates / Peter W.H. Holland and Hiroshi Wada -- Subtractive hybridization and construction of cDNA libraries / Bruce Blumberg and Juan Carlos Izpisúa Belmonte -- Differential display of eukaryotic mRNA / Antonio Tugores and Juan Carlos Izpisúa Belmonte -- Using DNA microarrays / Clare Pritchard, Peter Underhill, and Andy Greenfield -- Profiling gene transcription in the developing embryo : microarray analysis on gene chips / David Chambers and Andrew Lumsden -- RT-PCR on embryos using degenerate oligonucleotide primers / Anthony Graham -- Single-cell RT-PCR cDNA subtraction / Ebrahim Sakhinia ... [et al.] -- In-situ hybridization of rdioactive riboprobes to RNA in tissue sections / Radma Mahmood and Ivor Mason -- In-situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry in whole embryos / Carol Irving -- Wholemount in situ hybridization to Xenopus embryos / C. Michael Jones and James C. Smith -- Wholemount in situ hybridization to Amphioxus embryos / Peter W.H. Holland -- In-situ hybridization to sections (nonradioactive) / Maria Rex and Paul J. Scotting -- Immunohistochemistry using polyester wax / Andrew Kent -- Immunohistochemistry on whole embryos / Ivor Mason -- Whole embryo assays for programmed cell death / Anthony Graham -- Protein techniques : immunoprecipitation, in vitro kinase assays, and western blotting / Clive Dickson -- Microscopy and photmicrography techniques / Richard J.T. Wingate.
- Mouse development 2012, SpringerPost-transcriptional Control of Gene Expression During Mouse Oogenesis /Hugh J. Clarke --Polarity and Asymmetry During Mouse Oogenesis and Oocyte Maturation /Malgorzata Kloc, Rafik M. Ghobrial, Ewa Borsuk and Jacek Z. Kubiak --Chromatin Structure and ATRX Function in Mouse Oocytes /Rabindranath De La Fuente, Claudia Baumann and Maria M. Viveiros --Cyclin B in Mouse Oocytes and Embryos: Importance for Human Reproduction and Aneuploidy /Zbigniew Polański, Hayden Homer and Jacek Z. Kubiak --Src Protein Kinases in Mouse and Rat Oocytes and Embryos /Mattan Levi, Lihi Ninio-Mani and Ruth Shalgi --Gradual Meiosis-To-Mitosis Transition in the Early Mouse Embryo /Aurélien Courtois and Takashi Hiiragi --Maternal Control of Mouse Preimplantation Development /Wenjing Zheng and Kui Liu --Preimplantation Mouse Embryo: Developmental Fate and Potency of Blastomeres /Aneta Suwińska --Creation of Trophectoderm, the First Epithelium, in Mouse Preimplantation Development /Yusuke Marikawa and Vernadeth B. Alarcon --Cell Lineage Allocation Within the Inner Cell Mass of the Mouse Blastocyst /Panagiotis Xenopoulos, Minjung Kang and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis --Formation of Distinct Cell Types in the Mouse Blastocyst /Samantha A. Morris and Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz --Cell Movements in the Egg Cylinder Stage Mouse Embryo /Bradley Joyce and Shankar Srinivas --Balancing the Dose in the Mouse /Mary E. Donohoe --Mouse Oviduct Development /C. Allison Stewart and Richard R. Behringer --Cell Lineages, Growth and Repair of the Mouse Heart /Fabienne Lescroart and Sigolène M. Meilhac --Cellular Reprogramming During Mouse Development /Zoë D. Burke, Gabriela Miron-Buchacra and David Tosh --Differentiation of Definitive Endoderm from Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells /Peter T. W. Kim and Christopher J. Ong --Mouse and Human Pluripotent Stem Cells and the Means of Their Myogenic Differentiation /I. Grabowska, K. Archacka, A. M. Czerwinska, M. Krupa and M. A. Ciemerych --Stem Cells and Corneal Epithelial Maintenance: Insights from the Mouse and Other Animal Models /Richard L. Mort, Panagiotis Douvaras, Steven D. Morley, Natalie Dorà and Robert E. Hill, et al. --Mouse-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells /Hui Zhang and Ying Jin --Aging in the Mouse and Perspectives of Rejuvenation Through Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) /Ken-ichi Isobe, Zhao Cheng, Sachiko Ito and Naomi Nishio.
- Neural crest induction and differentiation 2006, SpringerNeural crest cells and the community of plan for craniofacial development : historical debates and current perspectives / Drew M. Noden and Richard A. Schneider -- Neural crest inducing signals / Martin L. Basch and Marianne Bronner-Fraser -- Transcriptional regulation at the neural plate border / Thomas D. Sargent -- Neural crest delamination and migration : integrating regulations of cell interactions, locomotion, survival and fate / Jean-Loup Duband -- Neural crest cell plasticity : size matters / Lisa L. Sandell and Paul A. Trainor --The contribution of the neural crest to the vertebrate body / Elisabeth Dupin, Sophie Creuzet, and Nicole M. Le Douarin -- Cranial neural crest and development of the head skeleton / Robert D. Knight and Thomas F. Schilling -- Neural crest contribution to the cardiovascular system / Christopher B. Brown and H. Scott Baldwin -- The genetic regulation of pigment cell development / Debra L. Silver, Ling Hou, and William J. Pavan -- Specification of sensory neuron cell fate from the neural crest / David W. Raible and Josette M. Ungos --Neural crest and the development of the enteric nervous system / Richard B. Anderson, Donald F. Newgreen, and Heather M. Young -- Growth factors regulating neural crest cell fate decisions / Lukas Sommer -- Neural crest stem cells / Lu Teng and Patricia A. Labosky -- Molecular bases of human neurocristopathies / Heather C. Etchevers, Jeanne Amiel, and Stanislas Lyonnet -- Evolution of the neural crest / Alejandro Barrallo-Gimeno and M. Angela Nieto.
- On growth, form and computers 2003, ScienceDirect
- Plant embryo culture 2011, Springer ProtocolsZygotic embryo culture : an overview /Tegan M. Haslam and Edward C. Yeung --In vitro fertilization with rice gametes: production of zygotes and zygote and embryo culture /Takashi Okamoto --Canola zygotic embryo culture /Nicole S. Ramesar-Fortner and Edward C. Yeung --Immature seeds and embryos of Medicago truncatula cultured in vitro /Sergio J. Ochatt --In vitro culture and germination of terrestrial asian orchid seeds /Yung-I. Lee --In vitro culture of coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) zygotic embryos /Florent Engelmann, Bernard Malaurie, and Oulo N'Nan --Immature embryo rescue and culture /Xiuli Shen, Fred G. Gmitter, Jr., and Jude W. Grosser --Chickpea hybridization using in vitro techniques /Nalini Mallikarjuna and Fred J. Muehlbauer --Muskmelon embryo rescue techniques using in vitro embryo culture /Hector Gordon Nunez-Palenius, Rafael Ramirez-Malagon, and Neftali Ochoa-Alejo --Phaseolus immature embryo rescue technology /Pascal Geerts ... [et al.] --Wide crossing in lentil through embryo rescue /Richard Fratini and Maria L. Ruiz --Generation of interspecific hybrids of Trifolium using embryo rescue techniques /Ajoy Kumar Roy, Devendra Ram Malaviya and Pankaj Kaushal --Cryopreservation of embryos : an overview /Florent Engelmann --Cryogenic technologies for the long-term storage of Citrus germplasm /Anna De Carlo, Maurizio Lambardi, and Elif Aylin Ozudogru --Cryopreservation of zygotic embryonic axes and somatic embryos of european chestnut /Ana M. Vieitez, M. Carmen San-Jose and Elena Corredoira --Cryopreservation of Ilex immature zygotic embryos /Luis Mroginski ... [et al.] --Use of zygotic embryos as explants for in vitro propagation : an overview /Mohamed Elhiti and Claudio Stasolla --Somatic embryogenesis and plant regeneration in the culture of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) heynh. immature zygotic embryos /Malgorzata D. Gaj -- Pine somatic embryogenesis using zygotic embryos as explants /Gerald S. Pullman and Kylie Bucalo --Micropropagation of Phalaenopsis orchids via protocorms and protocorm-like bodies /Kee Yoeup Paek, Eun Joo Hahn, and So Young Park --Genetic transformation protocols using zygotic embryos as explants : an overview /Muhammad Tahir, Ejaz A. Waraich, and Claudio Stasolla --Genetic transformation using maize immature zygotic embryos /Bronwyn Frame ... [et al.] --Biolistic-mediated transformation protocols for maize and pearl millet using pre-cultured immature zygotic embryos and embryogenic tissue /Martha M. O'Kennedy, Hester C. Stark and Nosisa Dube --Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated genetic transformation of cereals using immature embryos /Ashok K. Shrawat and Allen G. Good.
- Regenerative medicine 2003, NAP
- Skandalakis' Surgical anatomy 2004, AccessSurgery
- Stem cell assays 2007, Springer ProtocolsDerivation of human embryonic stem cells in xeno-free conditions / Mohan C. Vemuri ... [et al.] -- Feeder-layer free culture system for human embryonic stem cells / Michal Amit -- Digital imaging of stem cells by electron microscopy / A. Henry Sathananthan and Stefania A. Nottola -- A controlled-cooling protocol for cryopreservation of human and non-human primate embryonic stem cells / Carol B. Ware and Szczepan W. Baran -- Cell surface markers in human embryonic stem cells / Raj R. Rao, Alison Venable Johnson, and Steven L. Stice -- Generation of a monoclonal antibody library against human embryonic stem cells / Micha Drukker, Christina Muscat, and Irving L. Weissman -- Analytical methods for cancer stem cells / Vinagolu K. Rajasekhar -- Micro RNA profiling : an easy and rapid method to screen and characterize stem cell populations / Uma Lakshmipathy ... [et al.] -- Gene transfer via nucleofection into adult and embryonic stem cells / Uma Lakshmipathy, Shannon Buckley, and Catherine Verfaillie -- RNAi knockdown of transcription factor Pu.1 in the differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells / Gang-Ming Zou, Meredith A. Thompson, and Mervin C. Yoder -- StemBase : a resource for the analysis of stem cell gene expression data / Christopher J. Porter ... [et al.] -- Isolation of stem cells from human umbilical cord blood / Nishanth P. Reddy, Mohan C. Vemuri, and Reddanna Pallu -- Ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic stem cells from human cord blood in serum-free conditions / Chao-Ling Yao and Shiaw-Min Hwang -- Hematopoietic colony-forming cell assays / Carla Pereira, Emer Clarke, and Jackie Damen -- Assays for alloreactive responses by PCR / Patrick Stordeur -- Immune properties of mesenchymal stem cells / Panagiota A. Sotiropoulou and Michael Papamichail -- Clinical grade expansion of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells / Panagiota A. Sotiropoulou, Sonia A. Perez, and Michael Papamichail -- Adenoviral transduction of mesenchymal stem cells / Pablo Bosch and Steven L. Stice -- Directed differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to dendritic cells / Maxim A. Vodyanik and Igor I. Sluvkin -- Insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells to dendritic cells / Maxim A. Vodyanik and Igor I. Slukvin -- Insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells experimental considerations / Enrique Roche ... [et al.] -- Efficient generation of dopamine neurons from human embryonic stem cells / Chang-Hwan Park and Sang-Hun Lee -- Isolation of oligodendroglial cells from cultured neural stem/progenitors / Frank Zeigler and Stephen G. Hall -- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells toward the chondrogenic lineage / Wei Seong Toh ... [et al.] -- Cartilage tissue engineering : directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells in three-dimensional hydrogel culture / Nathaniel S. Hwang, Shyni Varghese, and Jennifer Elisseeff.
- Stem cell culture 2008, ScienceDirect
- Visual development. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerCh. 1Introduction --Ch. 2Functional organization of the visual system --Pt. IDevelopment of the visual system --Ch. 3Development of visual capabilities --Ch. 4Anatomical development of the visual system --Ch. 5Development of receptive field properties --Pt. IIAmblyopia and the effects of visual deprivation --Ch. 6Modifications to the visual input that lead to nervous system change --Ch. 7Physiological and anatomical changes that result from optical and motor deficits --Ch. 8What is amblyopia? --Ch. 9Critical periods --Pt. IIIMechanisms of plasticity --Ch. 10Concepts of plasticity --Ch. 11Mechanisms of plasticity in the visual cortex --Ch. 12Long-term potentiation and long-term depression as early steps in ocular dominance plasticity --Ch. 13Deprivation myopia and emmetropization --Glossary --Index.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle