Books by Subject
- State of the science : background, history, and current threats / Steven M. Presley, Chris B. Pepper, Galen P. Austin, Ronald J. Kendall -- Threats and vulnerabilities associated with biological and chemical terrorism / Steven M. Presley, Galen P. Austin, Phil N. Smith, John White, Ronald J. Kendall -- Predicting and characterizing threat transport / Jeremy W. Leggoe, Chia-bo Chang, Stephen B. Cox, Steven M. Presley, Richard Zartman -- Assessment strategies for environmental protection from chemical and biological threats / Richard Zartman, Chai-Bo Chang, George P. Cobb, Joe Fralick, Steven M. Presley -- Chemical threat agent-induced latent (delayed) neurodegeneration / Jean Strahlendorf and Howard Strahlendorf -- Sensing biological and chemical threat agents / Gopal Coimbatore, Steven M. Presley, Jonathan Boyd, Eric J. Marsland, and George P. Cobb -- Phage display and its application for the detection and therapeutic intervention of biological threat agents / Joe A. Fralick and Prabhjit Chadha-Mohanty -- Personnel protective fabric technologies for chemical countermeasures / Seshadri Ramkumar, Utkarsh Sata, and Munim Hussain -- Pathogenic and toxic effects of select biological threat agents / Jia-Sheng Wang -- Conclusions and research needs for the future / Ronald J. Kendall, Galen P. Austin, Chia-bo Chang, George P. Cobb, Gopal Coimbatore, Stephen B. Cox, Joe A. Fralick, Jeremy W. Leggoe, Steven M. Presley, Seshadri S.Ramkumar, Philip N. Smith, Jean C. Strahlendorf, and Richard E. Zartman.
- Behavioral health response to disasters 2012, CRCnetBASE"Foreword Behavioral Health Response to Disasters Disaster behavioral health has come a long way in a short amount of time. The book you hold in your hands (or perhaps view on your Kindle e-reader) encompasses an array of topics almost unimaginable even 25 years ago. It covers the roles and responsibilities of government and nongovernmental organizations and the integration of behavioral health into public health preparedness and response. There are separate chapters on children, adolescents, older adults, and racially and ethnically diverse populations. Other chapters address secondary trauma in disaster workers and assessing local disaster vulnerability. The list goes on, including dealing with school systems, long-term care, behavioral health in shelters, treatment for disaster survivors, disaster substance abuse services, culturally competent case management, response team training, and building community resilience. A simple perusal of the table of contents serves as an illustration of the way that attention to disaster behavioral health has grown exponentially in research, policy, and practice communities. It was not always so. When I began graduate training in the mid 1980s, to my knowledge disaster mental health was not part of any graduate school curriculum. A small subset of clinical psychologists and other mental health professionals had some training in crisis mental health, but it was optional, and it carried a different and much more specifi c meaning. Crisis mental health in those days typically meant: (1) working with people who were in acute crisis, (2) working with victims of extreme circumstances using models derived from the military and trauma research, and/or (3) community crisis intervention"--Provided by publisher.
- Biological threats and terrorism 2002, NAP
- Biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism 2008, SpringerEmergency preparedness for the primary care physician -- Biological terrorism -- Chemical terrorism -- Radiological terrorism -- Mental health and terrorism -- The primary care physician's role in supporting the public health response to biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism.
- Bioterrorism 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Bioterrorism and infectious agents 2005, SpringerAnthrax : a disease and a weapon / Kenneth Alibek, Catherine Lobanova and Serguei Popov -- Plague as a biological weapon / David T. Dennis -- Tularemia and bioterrorism / Lisa Hodges and Robert L. Penn -- Melioidosis and Glanders as possible biological weapons / David Allan Brett Dance -- Smallpox as a weapon for bioterrorism / J. Michael Lane -- Hemorrhagic Fever viruses as biological weapons / Allison Groseth ... [et al.] -- Botulism as a potential agent of bioterrorism / Thomas P. Bleck -- Ricin : a possible, noninfectious biological weapon / Maor Maman and Yoav Yehezkelli -- Bioterrorism alert for health care workers / Theodore J. Cieslak, George W. Christopher and Edward M. Eitzen -- The economics of planning and preparing for bioterrorism / Martin I. Meltzer.
- Bioterrorism and infectious agents 2009, SpringerAnthrax : a disease and a weapon / Kenneth Alibek, Catherine Lobanova and Serguei Popov -- Plague as a biological weapon / David T. Dennis -- Tularemia and bioterrorism / Lisa Hodges and Robert L. Penn -- Melioidosis and Glanders as possible biological weapons / David Allan Brett Dance -- Smallpox as a weapon for bioterrorism / J. Michael Lane -- Hemorrhagic Fever viruses as biological weapons / Allison Groseth ... [et al.] -- Botulism as a potential agent of bioterrorism / Thomas P. Bleck -- Ricin : a possible, noninfectious biological weapon / Maor Maman and Yoav Yehezkelli -- Bioterrorism alert for health care workers / Theodore J. Cieslak, George W. Christopher and Edward M. Eitzen -- The economics of planning and preparing for bioterrorism / Martin I. Meltzer.
- Causes and behavioral consequences of disasters 2012, Springerpt. 1. The study of disasters -- pt. 2. Causes of disasters -- pt. 3. Behavioral consequences of disasters -- pt. 4. Our models : applying a public health perspective.
- Child health in complex emergencies 2006, NAP
- Counter-terrorism for emergency responders. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEThe United States is a high priority target, and the goal of today's terrorist is body count. Our enemies can kill thousands with just a small amount of chemical or biological agent. This book details the characteristics, actions, identification, and containment of possible agents. With chapters on chemical agents, biological agents, explosive, nuclear, and incendiary devices, the author prepares the first responder to handle everything from re-establishing control and on-scene triage, to monitoring and detection techniques, decontamination, and training resources. It provides step-by-step procedures for recognizing and identifying terrorist incidents. Explores scene security, crime scene, isolation issues and recommended protective equipment and decontamination procedures. Provides guidance for all emergency responders to terrorist incidents, including fire, EMS, and law enforcement.
- Counterterrorism handbook. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Critical infrastructure 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Detection of bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi 2010, SpringerPart 1. BIOTERRORISM PREVENTION -- Bioterrorism: A Potential Weapon for Terrorist Attacks Through Food and Water Contamination: Evolution of Our Understanding of the Use of Chemical and Bacteriological Weapons / Vincenzo Costigliola and Franco Quagliata -- Detection and Quantification of Bacteria and Fungi Using Solid-Phase Cytometry / Lies ME Vanhee, Eva D'Haese, Ils Cools, Hans J Nelis and Tom Coenye -- Vulnerability Assessment and Mapping of Akounq Groundwater Body, Armenia / Vahram Vardanyan and Artashes Aginian -- Part 2. BACTERIA DIAGNOSTIC TESTS -- Methods for Detection of Shiga-Toxin Producing Escherichia coli (STEC) / Jordan Madic -- Genetic Diversity of Enterococci in Bryndza Cheese / Roman Dušinský, Anna Belicová, Libor Ebringer, Dušan Jurkovič and Lívia Križková, et al. -- Salmonella Infections / Constantine Arvanitakis -- Molecular Diagnostics of Staphylococcus aureus / Jiří Doškař, Roman Pantůček, Vladislava Růžičková and Ivo Sedláček -- Molecular Methods to Detect Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis in Foods / Marisa Manzano, Lucilla Iacumin, Cristina Giusto and Giuseppe Comi -- Control of Listeria monocytogenes in San Daniele Dry Cured Ham by Different Technologies: Reduction of L. Monocytogenes in Dry Cured Ham / Lucilla Iacumin, Marisa Manzano, Milena Osualdini, Carlo Cantoni and Giuseppe Comi -- Part 3. VIRAL INFECTIONS -- Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Hepatitis B in the Mediterranean Region and Elsewhere / Nurdan Tözün, Özdal Ersoy, Fatih Eren and Veysel Tahan -- Hepatitis E Virus (HEV) - An Emerging Viral Pathogen / Avrelija Cencič and Walter Chingwaru -- Dengue Virus Diagnostics / Evgeni Eltzov, Danit Atias, Levi Gheber and Robert S. Marks -- Part 4. PARASITES AND FUNGI -- Infectious Forms of Parasites in Food: Man Embedded in Ecosystems / Eduardo Dei-Cas, Cécile-Marie Aliouat, Gabriela Certad, Colette Creusy and Karine Guyot -- Unusual Developmental Pattern of Expression of Enzymes Involved in DNA Biosynthesis in Trichinella spiralis and Trichinella pseudospiralis / Magdalena Dąbrowska, Barbara Gołos, Elżbieta Wałajtys-Rode, Patrycja Wińska and Joanna Cieśla, et al. -- Immunodulation and Helminths: Towards New Strategies for Treatment of Immune-Mediated Diseases? / Fabrizio Bruschi, Lorena Chiumiento and Gianfranco Del Prete -- Parasites and Oncogenesis with a Special Reference to Gastro-Intestinal Neoplasia Induced by Cryptosporidium parvum / C Creusy, G Certad, K Guyot and E Dei-Cas -- Smart Biosensors for Determination of Mycotoxines / Lyubov Yotova, Ivo Grabchev, Rossica Betcheva and Dessislava Marinkova.
- Disaster medicine 2013, SpringerDisaster Response -- Immediate Response to Disasters -- Priorities in Post-disaster Management -- Refugee Camps -- Complex Emergencies -- Security for the Humanitarian Worker -- Global Players -- Global Development: Millennium Development Goals -- Nongovernmental Organizations and Aid -- Developing Healthcare Systems -- International Aid -- Future of Global Health -- Trauma and Surgery -- Prehospital Care -- Mass Casualty Incident -- Military Trauma -- Tropical Surgery -- Surgery in Austere Environments -- Tropical Medicine -- Polio and Vaccination Campaigns -- Malaria in Children -- Cholera: An Infectious Waterborne Disease -- HIV/AIDS -- Blinding Eye Diseases -- Public Health -- Malnutrition -- Sexual and Reproductive Health -- Maternal and Neonatal Health -- Mental Health Following Armed Conflict -- The Global Crisis in Noncommunicable Disease.
- Disaster medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidGeneral concepts -- Basic perspectives on disaster / David E. Hogan and Jonathan L. Burstein -- Triage / David E. Hogan and Julio Rafael Lairet -- Pediatric considerations in disasters / Mark A. Brandenburg -- Public health disasters / Eric K. Noji -- Infectious diseases and disasters / P. Gregg Greenough -- Pharmaceuticals in disasters / Robie V. Harrington -- Critical incident stress / Neill S. Oster and Constance J. Doyle -- Urban search and rescue / Carl S. Goodman and David E. Hogan -- Complex humanitarian emergencies / Frederick M. Burkle -- Disaster response planning and coordination -- Principles of hospital disaster planning / Erik Auf der Heide -- Emergency medical services in disasters / David W. Callaway -- Local government emergency disaster planning / Aden E. Hogan -- The United States national response plan / David E. Hogan and Jonathan L. Burstein -- Communication and information technology tools for disaster response and medical assistance / Victoria Garshnek and Frederick M. Burkle -- Managing disasters in austere environments / James P. McClay, Kim Moore, and David E. Hogan -- Natural disasters -- Earthquakes / Carl H. Schultz -- Tornadoes / David E. Hogan -- Hurricanes / John T. Meredith -- Floods / James Poole and David E. Hogan -- Firestorms and wildfires / Robert R. Frantz.Winter storms / Aaron Q. Lane and S. Brent Barnes -- Avalanches / Aaron Q. Lane and Jennifer Eischen -- Heat-related disasters / Glen Bailey and James S. Walker -- Volcanic eruptions / David E. Hogan and Jeremy Bearden -- Tsunamis / Kim Moore and David E. Hogan -- Industrial, technological, and transportation disasters -- Medical management of radiation incidents / Fun H. Fong, Jr. -- Hazardous materials emergencies / Howard W. Levitin and Henry J. Siegelson -- Mass gathering medical care / Steven J. Parrillo -- Maritime disasters / Jennifer Eischen -- Air crash disasters / Julio Rafael Lairet and David E. Hogan -- Fires and mass burn care / David E. Hogan, Heidi Metheney, and Michael Houston -- Conflict-related disasters -- Conventional terrorist bombings / Daniel J. Dire -- Nuclear detonations: evaluation and response / Fun H. Fong, Jr. -- Intentional chemical disasters / Mark Edward Keim and Jonathan L. Burstein -- Biological weapons agents / George W. Christopher ... [et al.] -- Tactical emergency services / David W. Callaway -- Mass shootings / Thomas M. Stein -- Education, training and research -- Education and training in disaster medicine / Ted Kellison, Timothy A. Soult, and David E. Hogan -- Research in disaster medicine / Kobi Peleg and Limor Aharonson-Daniel.
- Disasters and public health 2009, ScienceDirectGeneral public health preparedness -- Bioterrorism -- Bombings and explosions -- Chemical disasters -- Earthquakes -- Floods -- Heat waves -- Hurricanes -- Nuclear and radiological disasters -- Pandemic influenza -- Thunderstorms and tornadoes -- Volcanoes -- Wildfires -- Winter storms.
- Ethnocultural perspectives on disaster and trauma 2008, SpringerEssential concepts and foundations / Anthony J. Marsella ... [et al.] -- Promoting disaster recovery in ethnic-minority individuals and communities / Fran H. Norris and Margarita Alegría -- Meeting the physical, psychological, and social needs of African Americans following a disaster / Steven B. Carswell and Melisssa A. Carswell -- Essential information for disaster management and trauma specialists working with American Indians / Jeannette L. Johnson ... [et al.] -- Arab Americans : understanding their challenges, needs, and struggles / Naji Abi-Hashem -- Asian Indians : cultural considerations for disaster workers / B.J. Prashantham -- Caribbean blacks : (Haitians, Jamaicans, Virgin Islanders, Eastern Caribbean) responses to disasters in cultural context / G. Rita Dudley-Grant and Wayne Etheridge -- Chinese Americans : guidelines for disaster mental health workers / Frederick T.L. Leong and Szu-Hui Lee -- The Kanaka Maoli : native Hawaiians and their testimony of trauma and resilience / Laurie D. McCubbin, Michele E. Ishikawa, and Hamilton I. McCubbin -- Mexicans, Mexican Americans, Caribbean, and other Latin Americans / Patricia Arredondo, Veronica Bordes, and Freddy A. Paniagua -- Working with Vietnamese Americans in disasters / Aaron S. Kaplan and Uyen Kim Huynh -- Culture, trauma, and the treatment of post-traumatic syndromes : a global perspective / John P. Wilson -- A brief list of disaster-related vocabulary terms -- Summary and overview of disasters in developing countries / Fran H. Norris -- Disaster rescure and response workers / Bruce H. Young, Julian D. Ford, and Patricia Watson.
- Handbook of bioterrorism and disaster medicine 2006, Springer
- Indian Ocean tsunami 2007, CRCnetBASEPrologue / Barbara H. Keating -- Pt. 1. Geostructural environment of tsunami genesis -- A historical account of the earthquakes and tsunamis in the Indian Ocean / B. K. Rastogi -- Impact of coastal morphology, structure and seismicity on the tsunami surge / K.S.R. Murthy ... [et al.] -- Tsunamigenic sources in the Indian Ocean: factors and impact on the Indian landmass / R.K. Chadha -- Paleo-tsunami and storm surge deposits / K. Arun Kumar, H. Achyuthan, and N. Shankar -- Overview and integration of part 1 / U. Aswathanarayana -- Pt. 2. Modelling of tsunami generation and propagation -- A review of classical concepts on phase and amplitude dispersion: application to tsunamis / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- A partial explanation for the initial withdrawal of the ocean during a tsunami / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- The energetics of the tsunami of 26 December 2004 in the Indian Ocean: a brief review / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- Possible amplification of the tsunami through coupling with internal waves / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- Numerical modeling of the Indian Ocean tsunami / Z. Kowalik ... [et al.] -- Modelling techniques for understanding the Indian Ocean tsunami propagation / V. P. Dimri and K. Srivastava -- Validation of tsunami beach run-up height predictive model based on work-energy theorem / G. Muraleedharan ... [et al.] -- Normal modes and tsunami coastal effects / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- Helmholtz mode and K-S-P waves: application to tsunamis / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- Numerical models for the Indian Ocean tsunami of 26 December 2004: a brief review / P. Chittibabu and T.S. Murty -- The Cauchy-Poisson problem: application to tsunami generation and propagation / N. Nirupama ... [et al.] -- A review and listings of tsunami heights and travel times for the 26 December 2004 event / I. Nistor ... [et al.] -- Overview and integration of part 2 / N. Nirupama -- Pt. 3. Tsunami detection and monitoring systems -- Satellite detection of pre-earthquakes thermal anomaly and sea water turbidity associated with the great Sumatra earthquake / A. K. Saraf ... [et al.] -- Possible detection in the ionosphere of the signals from earthquake and tsunamis / T. S. Murty ... [et al.] -- Seismo-electromagnetic precursors registered by DEMETER satellite / A.K. Gwal ... [et al.] -- Web-enabled and real-time reporting: cellular based instrumentation for coastal sea level and surge monitoring / A. Joseph and R. G. Prabhudesai -- Methodologies for tsunami detection / T.S. Murty ... [et al.] -- Tsunami travel time atlas for the Indian Ocean / P.K. Bhaskaran ... [et al.] -- Overview and integration of part 3 / N. Nirupama -- Pt. 4. Biophysical and socio-economic dimensions of tsunami damage -- Performance of structures affected by the 2004 Sumatra tsunami in Thailand and Indonesia / M. Saatcioglu, A. Ghobarah, and I. Nistor -- Field observations on the tsunami impact along the Kerala Coast, Southwest India / N.P. Kurian, T.N. Prakash, and M. Baba -- Ecological impact on the Indian Ocean tsunami / C.S.P. Iyer -- Tsunami damage to the south eastern coast of India / N. Chandrasekar and R. Ramesh -- Hydrophysical manifestations on the Indian Ocean tsunami / Y. Sadhuram, T.V. Ramana Murthy, and B.P. Rao -- Tsunamis and marine life / D.V. Subba Rao ... [et al.] -- Tsunami impact on coastal habitats of India / P.N. Sridhar ... [et al.] -- Overview and integration of part 4 / U. Aswathanarayana -- Pt. 5. Quo Vadis -- Protection measures against tsunami-type hazards for the coast of Tamil Nadu, India / V. Sundar -- Protective role of coastal ecosystems in the context of the tsunami in Tamil Nadu Coast, India: implications for hazard preparedness / A. Mascarenhas and S. Jayakumar -- Integrated preparedness systems / U. Aswathanarayana -- Social and political aspects of tsunami response, recovery, and preparedness planning: a transdisciplinary approach from Canada / C. Amaratunga and H. Smith Fowler -- An ideal conceptual tsunami warning system for the Indian Ocean / T.S. Murty ... [et al.] -- Overview and integration of part 5 / N. Nirupama.
- Laboratory biosecurity handbook 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Medical response to major incidents and disasters 2012, Springer
- Medical response to terrorism 2005, OvidChemical nerve agents / Daniel C. Keyes -- Vesicating agents including mustard and Lewisite / Stacey L. Hail and Daniel C. Keyes -- Cyanide / Rebeca Gracia -- Phosgene and toxic gases / Melissa L. Givens -- Incapacitating agents: BZ, calmative agents, and riot control agents / John Gomez and Yedidia Bentur -- Anthrax / Anthony J. Carbone -- Plague / Anthony J. Carbone -- Smallpox / Lisa Rotz, Inger Damon, and Joanne Cono -- Viral hemorrhagic fevers / Erik J. Won and Anthony J. Carbone -- Lesser known biological agents and potential threats / Teriggi J. Ciccone and Seric S. Cusick -- Botulinum: the most toxic substance known / Robert Abar Timmons and Anthony J. Carbone -- Toxins / Sophia Dyer and Stephen Traub -- Types of radiation: basic theory explained for the nonphysicist / Greene Shepherd -- Detection of nuclear radiation / Keith Edsall and Daniel C. Keyes -- Personal protection and decontamination for radiation emergencies / Keith Edsall and Daniel C. Keyes -- Treatment of radiation exposure and contamination / Keith Edsall and Daniel C. Keyes -- Radiation dispersal devices, dirty bombs, and nonconventional radiation exposure / Madison Patrick, Keith Edsall, and Daniel C. Keyes -- Detonation of a nuclear device / Cham E. Dallas -- Nuclear power plant disasters / Wilfredo Rivera -- Types of explosions and explosive injuries defined / Adam Miller and Richard Linsky -- Structure collapse, extrication, crush syndrome, and rhabdomyolysis / Adam H. Miller -- Introduction to all-hazards preparedness and planning for terrorism / Adam H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Scene preparedness / Marc Eckstein and Ray Fowler -- Hospital preparedness / Kathy J. Rinnert and Daniel C. Keyes -- Community public health preparedness / Scott F. Wetterhall, and Darren F. Collins -- Mass gathering preparedness / Carl Menckhoff, and Michael Shaw -- Federal, state, regional, and local resource access and utilization / David W. Gruber --Personal protective equipment / Joshua G. Schier and Robert S. Hoffman -- All-hazards approach to decontamination / Richard N. Bradley -- Detection, prediction, and surveillance / Warren L. Whitlock and Gay Dews Thompson -- Health care facilities and interagency communication during terrorism / Raymond L. Fowler ... [et al.] -- Media and communications preparedness for terrorist events / Raymond L. Fowler, Paul E. Pepe, Paul E. Moore -- Exercises and educational courses in terrorism preparedness / Myra M. Socher and Edwin K. Leap -- Technology applications in preparedness training / Timothy D. Peterson -- Strategic response to explosive and traumatic terrorism / Brian A. Krakover -- The forensic evaluation of gunshot wounds associated with a terrorist event / William S. Smock -- Homeland security / F. Marion Cain III and Gary L. Holt -- The role of military medicine in civilian disaster response / Brian A. Krakover -- Law enforcement related agencies / William Fabbri and Nelson Tang -- Psychological impact of terrorism / Gregory Luke Larkin, Jay Woody, and Cynthia Claassen -- Being a child in the midst of terrorism / Richard Aghababian ... [et al.] -- Agricultural terrorism and its implication on the health care system / Timothy Rupp and Shane Zatkalik -- Mass fatality incidents / Lynn Roppolo and Kathy Rinnert -- Cyberterrorism / Brian Krakover.
- Organizational crisis management 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Pandemic planning 2012, CRCnetBASE"Offering research and evidence-based guidelines for strategic plan development, this book draws on the lessons learned over three years of pandemic preparedness exercises. Collaborating with national leaders and community stakeholders, the contributing authors examine preparedness across a variety of institutional levels and consider the issues and concerns that may arise throughout the process. The book details the threat of pandemic illness and the need and actions required for efficient and effective preparation, prevention, response, and recovery to a pandemic threat at all levels -- community, state, and regional"--Provided by publisher."Foreword The impact of an influenza pandemic can be measured in a variety of ways 50 million deaths in 1918 and 1919; hundreds of millions of individual cases of sickness in 1957; and an estimated three to four trillion dollars lost in global productivity in 2009. By their very nature, the characteristics and outcomes of future pandemics are extremely difficult to predict. This uncertainty, however, should not be viewed as a reason to avoid planning, but rather as a motivator to emphasize the necessity of thorough, complete, and flexible plans for the inevitable pandemics of the future. By improving the readiness of your organization to operate during a pandemic, the likelihood is increased that you will be able to respond quickly and appropriately to future events. Preparedness requires cooperation and collaboration on multiple levels. Individuals should protect themselves and their families; employers should enact policy changes to avoid the spread of illness in the workplace and in schools; healthcare providers and governmental bodies should exercise to test themselves and their communities. True preparedness requires multilevel commitments across geographic and organizational borders. Pandemics result in urgent needs and demands and resources will be limited. To be effective during the real event, this requires us to train and exercise the necessary skills and create plans before the crisis. It is imperative to develop and implement clear metrics for both individual and organizational performance. The ultimate purpose of planning and preparing for a pandemic is twofold: (a) to decrease the morbidity and mortality rates of the illness, and (b) to improve recovery time so that economic and social activities can be resumed at their normal levels"--Provided by publisher.
- Plasma for bio-decontamination, medicine and food security 2012, Springer
- Preparing for terrorism 2002, NAP
- Public health risks of disasters 2005, NAP
- RISK21, coping with risks due to natural hazards in the 21st century 2004, CRCnetBASEDisaster risk management and risk impact: Risk concept, integral risk management and risk governance / W.J. Amman ; Risk based regulation / H. Seiler ; Emerging risk and risk management policies in selected OECD countries / P.-A. Schieb ; Vulnerability analysis, livelihoods and disasters / T. Cannon ; Crisis invention and risk reduction / D. Alexander -- Risk perception, aversion, risk levels: Risk aversion : a delicate issue in risk assessment / Th. Schneider ; Evaluation of risks due to natural hazards : a conceptual approach / Th. Schneider ; Challenges in defining acceptable risk levels / R. Bell, T. Glade & M. Danscheid ; Risk as perceived and evaluated by the general public / M.M. Zwick ; Understanding risk perception from natural hazards : examples from Germany / T. Plapp & U. Werner ; The cognitive representation of global risks : empirical studies / A.D. Eisler, H. Eisler & M. Yoshida ; Gender studies : social and psychological issues in disaster reduction / D. Mukhopadhyay -- Risk analysis, risk management and sustainability: Post-harvest management strategies, drought vulnerability and food security / C. Ifejika Speranza & U. Wiesmann ; CEDIM-risk map Germany : first results / C. Lechtenbörger ; Efficiency of protection measures / H. Weck-Hannemann -- Application of the marginal cost approach and cost-benefit analysis to measures for avalanche risk reduction : a case study from Davos, Switzerland / M. Bründl, M.C. McAlpin, U. Gruber & S. Fuchs ; TripelBudgetierung, sustainable integral risk management / H.-O. Schiegg & P. Hardegger ; Building vulnerability related to floods and debris flows-- case studies / D. Kraus, J. Hubl & D. Rickenmann ; Management of risks from large landslides : the problems of acceptable and residual risks / Ch. Bonnard & L. Vulliet ; Panarchy and sustainable risk prevention by management protection forests in mountain areas / L.K.A. Dorren & F. Berger ; Protective measures and risk management-- basics and examples of avalanche and torrential risks in Switzerland / H. Romang & S. Margreth ; The vulnerability of buildings affected by powder avalanches / M. Barbolini .. [et al.] ; Temporal variability of damage potential in settlements-- a contribution towards the long-term development of avalanche risk / S. Fuchs ... [et al.] -- Outlook.
- Science and technology of terrorism and counterterrorism 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Terrorism and organized hate crime 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Terrorism and organized hate crime. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Vaccines for biodefense and emerging and neglected diseases. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases