Books by Subject
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas — Cryo-EM. Part B, 3-D reconstruction. 1st ed. (164)
- Cryo-EM. Part C, Analyses, interpretation, and case studies. 1st ed. — Imaging in pediatric skeletal trauma (164)
- Imaging in transplantation — Nanoparticles in biomedical imaging (164)
- Neonatal cranial ultrasonography. 2nd ed. — Whole body ultrasonography in the critically ill (163)
Diagnostic ImagingAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Neonatal cranial ultrasonography. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerCranial ultrasonography is the most important, accessible, patient friendly, and cheapestneuroimaging technique on the neonatal ward. It provides important information on brain maturation in the (preterm) neonate and enables the detection of frequently occurring brain anomalies. In this second edition of Neonatal Cranial Ultrasonography, the focus is on the basics of the technique, from patient preparation through to screening strategies and the classification of abnormalities. Many new ultrasound images have been included to reflect the improvements in image quality since the first edition. Essential information is provided about both the procedure itself and the normal ultrasound anatomy. Standard technique is described and illustrated, but emphasis is also placed on the value of supplementary acoustic windows. The compact design of the book makes it an ideal and handy reference that will guide the novice but also provide useful information for the more experienced practitioner
- Neuroimaging in dementia 2011, Springer
- Neuroimaging of consciousness 2013, SpringerWithin the field of neuroscience, the past few decades have witnessed an exponential growth of research into the brain mechanisms underlying both normal and pathological states of consciousness in humans. The development of sophisticated imaging techniques (above all fMRI and PET) to visualize and map brain activity in vivo has opened new avenues in our understanding of the pathological processes involved in common neuropsychiatric disorders affecting consciousness, such as epilepsy, coma, vegetative states, dissociative disorders, and dementia. This book presents the state of the art in neuroimaging exploration of the brain correlates of the alterations in consciousness across these conditions, with a particular focus on the potential applications for diagnosis and management. Although the book has a practical approach and is primarily targeted at neurologists, neuroradiologists, and psychiatrists, a wide range of researchers and health care professionals will find it an essential reference that explains the significance of neuroimaging of consciousness for clinical practice. Within the field of neuroscience, the past few decades have witnessed an exponential growth of research into the brain mechanisms underlying both normal and pathological states of consciousness in humans. The development of sophisticated imaging techniques (above all fMRI and PET) to visualize and map brain activity in vivo has opened new avenues in our understanding of the pathological processes involved in common neuropsychiatric disorders affecting consciousness, such as epilepsy, coma, vegetative states, dissociative disorders, and dementia. This book presents the state of the art in neuroimaging exploration of the brain correlates of the alterations in consciousness across these conditions, with a particular focus on the potential applications for diagnosis and management. Although the book has a practical approach and is primarily targeted at neurologists, neuroradiologists, and psychiatrists, a wide range of researchers and health care professionals will find it an essential reference that explains the significance of neuroimaging of consciousness for clinical practice.
- Neuroimaging of movement disorders 2013, SpringerIntroduction to Neuroimaging / Christian LoRe Stanton, Pradip M. Pattany -- Morphometric Analyses in Movement Disorders / Bogdan Draganski, Ettore A. Accolla -- Diffusion Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Its Applications in Movement Disorders / Jiun-Jie Wang, Yau-Yau Wai -- PET/SPECT Imaging During Dynamic Motor Control / Kazumi Iseki, -- Transcranial Ultrasonography in Movement Disorders / Stefanie Behnke, Daniela Berg -- Applications of Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in Movement Disorders / Masahito Mihara -- Structural MRI in Idiopathic Parkinson Disease and Parkinsonism / Christoph Mueller, Klaus Seppi, Werner Poewe -- Dopamine Imaging in Idiopathic Parkinson Disease and Other Parkinsonisms / Yen F. Tai, Nicola Pavese, -- Functional MRI in Idiopathic Parkinson Disease and Parkinsonism / Tao Wu, Mark Hallett -- Neuromelanin Imaging in Parkinson Disease / Makoto Sasaki -- Neuroimaging of Dystonia / Silvina G. Horovitz, Mark Hallett -- Neuroimaging in Essential Tremor / Corneliu C. Luca -- Imaging in Huntington's Disease and Other Choreas / Andrew McGarry, Kevin M. Biglan -- Neuroimaging of Ataxias / Anelyssa D' Abreu, Fernando Cendes -- Other Gait Disorders / Joseph C. Masdeu -- Neuroimaging of Basal Ganglia Calcifications / Norbert Brüggemann, Johann Hagenah.
- Neuroimaging of traumatic brain injury 2014, SpringerThe main purpose of this book is to present emerging neuroimaging data in order to define the role of primary and secondary structural and hemodynamic disturbances in different phases of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and to analyze the potential of diffusion tensor MRI, tractography and CT perfusion imaging in evaluating the dynamics of TBI. The authors present a new MRI classification of brain stem and hemispheric cortical/subcortical damage localization that is of significant prognostic value. New data are provided regarding the pathogenesis and dynamics of diffuse and focal brain injuries and qualitative and quantitative changes in the brain white matter tracts. It is shown that diffuse axonal injury can be considered a clinical model of multidimensional "split brain" with commissural, association and projection fiber disorders. The book will be of interest for neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons, neurologists and others with an interest in the subject.
- Neuromuscular imaging 2013, SpringerThis book is a groundbreaking radiological and neurological overview of current methods and applications of imaging--including aspects of neuroimaging and musculoskeletal imaging--in patients with inherited, metabolic, and inflammatory muscle diseases. Imaging features are discussed in the context of clincial presentation, histopathology, therapeutic options and differential diagnosis.
- Neuroradiology in clinical practice 2013, SpringerThis quick reference guide for medical students and residents presents over sixty clinical case studies of major neurological conditions and their associated neuroimaging characteristics. A primer on the fundamental physics which underlie neuroimaging techniques is also provided. The content is organized by pathology type and the structure of every topic is similar to help the reader develop his or her thinking process in a stepwise fashion and to provide a rational approach to imaging interpretation. Neuroradiology in Clinical Practice is aimed at medical students and residents doing their rotations in neurology, internal medicine, emergency medicine, and family medicine, but will also be useful for allied health professionals, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other primary medical care providers.
- Neuroradiology. 3rd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyTechniques in neuroimaging -- Cranial anatomy -- Neoplasms of the brain -- Vascular diseases of the brain / Robert D. Zimmerman -- Head trauma -- Infectious and noninfectious inflammatory diseases of the brain -- White matter diseases -- Neurodegenerative diseases and hydrocephalus -- Congenital disorders of the brain and spine -- Orbit -- Sella and central skull base -- Temporal bone -- Sinonasal disease -- Mucosal disease of the head and neck -- Extramucosal diseases of the head of and neck -- Anatomy and degenerative diseases of the spine -- Nondegenerative diseases of the spine -- Approach and pitfalls in neuroimaging.
- Neurosonological evaluation of cerebral venous outflow 2014, Springer
- Neurostereology 2013, WileyThe power and promise of neurostereology / Peter R. Mouton -- Stereological estimation of brain volume and surface area from MR images / Niyazi Acer and Mehmet Turgut -- Cell proliferation in the brains of adult rats exposed to traumatic brain injury / Sandra A. Acosta, Naoki Tajiri, Paula C. Bickford, and Cesar V. Borlongan -- Age-effects in substantia nigra of Asian Indians / Phalguni Anand Alladi -- Design-based stereology in the brain bank setting / Mark Burke -- Practical stereology for preclinical neurotoxicology / Mark T. Butt -- An overabundance of prefrontal cortex neurons underlies early brain overgrowth in autism / Eric Courchesne and Peter R. Mouton -- Order in chaos : stereological studies of nervous tissue / Peter Dockery -- Comparative stereology studies of brains from marine mammals / Nina Eriksen and Bente Pakkenberg -- Quantitative assessment of hippocampus architecture using the optical disector / Shozo Jinno -- The possible applications (and pitfalls!) of stereological analysis in post-mortem brain research / Ahmad A. Khundakar and Alan J. Thomas -- Visualisation of blood vessels in two-dimensional and three-dimensional environments for vascular stereology in the brain / Zerina Lokmic -- Blood flow analysis in epilepsy using a novel stereological approach / Rocio Leal-Campanario, Luis Alarcon-Martinez, Susana Martinez-Conde, Michael Calhoun, and Stephen Macknik -- AD-type neuron loss in transgenic mouse models / Kebreten F. Manaye and Peter R. Mouton -- Quantification in populations of non-uniformly distributed cells in the human cerebral cortex / William L. Maxwell -- The effects of high-fat diet on the mouse hypothalamus : a stereological study / Mohammad Reza Namavar, Samira Raminfard, Zahra Vojdani Jahromi, and Hassan Azari -- 2-D and 3-D morphometric analyses comparing three rodent models / JiHyuk Park and S. Omar Ahmad -- A stereologic perspective on autism neuropathology / Neha Uppal and Patrick R. Hof.
- Neurovascular examination 2013, WileyThe use of neurovascular ultrasound is of increasing importance in neurological practice, both for radiologists and increasingly by neurologists themselves. Written by the world's most renowned expert, this book explainsultrasound examination of a stroke patient scanning protocols interpretation of the results Case examples (with a standard template presentation correlating presentation to waveform output) reinforce the book's practical nature. Illustrated with photos of the tests, explanations, and with actual waveforms, images, and resu
- Neurovascular imaging 2010, SpringerIntracranial arterial system: the main trunks and major arteries of the cerebrum -- Intracranial arterial system: basal perforating arteries -- Intracranial arterial system: infratentorial arteries -- Perforating branches of the anterior communicating artery: anatomy and infarction -- Cerebral arterial variations and anomalies diagnosed by MR angiography -- Regional MR perfusion topographic map of the brain using arterial spin labeling at 3 Tesla -- Normal anatomy of intracranial veins: demonstration with MR angiography, 3D-CT angiography and microangiographic injection study -- Mapping superficial cerebral veins on the brain surface -- Preoperative visualization of the lenticulostriate arteries associated with insulo-opercular gliomas using 3-T magnetic resonance imaging -- Ischemic complications associated with resection of opercular gliomas -- Imaging and tissue characterization of artherosclerotic carotid plaque using MR imaging -- MR imaging of cerebral aneurysms -- MR imaging of vascular malformations -- Cerebral venous malformations -- Thrombosis of the cerebral veins and dural sinuses -- Vessels of the spine and spinal cord: normal anatomy -- MDCT of the artery of Adamkiewicz -- Magnetic resonance angiography of the spinal cord blood supply -- Magnetic resonance imaging of spinal vascular lesions.
- Epidemiology, clinical aspects and pathology -- Epidemiology, risk factors and clinical presentation -- Pathology and genetics -- Diagnosis -- Ultrasound -- Case for MDCT -- Case for MRI -- Endoscopic ultrasonography in pancreatic tumors: when and why? -- PET/CT in pancreatic cancer -- Cost decision analysis for diagnosing and staging -- Therapy -- Case for surgery -- Locally advanced nonmetastatic cancer -- Metastatic pancreatic cancer: systemic therapy -- Role of interventional endoscopy -- Local ablative techniques in the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer.
- NMR in biological systems 2008, Springer
- Non invasive diagnostic techniques in clinical dermatology 2014, SpringerThis book is a comprehensive but compact guide to the latest technical and technological developments in the growing field of non invasive diagnosis in clinical dermatology. Information is provided on the practical and technical characteristics of a wide range of equipment and methods for in vivo measurements that aid in the investigation of skin function, the evaluation of topically applied products, and the monitoring of skin disease. Individual sections are devoted to imaging techniques, skin analysis, superficial skin analysis, skin mechanics, water and stratum corneum hydration, and erythema and blood flow. All of the authors are experts in the field, with detailed knowledge of the techniques they describe. Non Invasive Diagnostic Techniques in Clinical Dermatology will be of value for all dermatologists, whether they are engaged in delivering patient care or in research programs, for cosmetic scientists, and for biologists involved in skin research and product assessment.
- Noninvasive cerebrovascular diagnosis 2010, SpringerOverview of cerebrovascular disease -- Overview of various noninvasive cerebrovascular techniques -- Duplex scanning of the carotid arteries -- The role of color duplex scanning in diagnosing diseases of the aortic arch branches and carotid arteries -- Vertebral artery ultrasonography -- Transcranial Doppler sonography -- Ultrasonic characterization of carotid plaques -- Carotid plaque echolucency measured by grayscale median identifies patients at increased risk of stroke during carotid stenting: the imaging in carotid antioplasty and risk of stroke study -- Duplex ultrasound in the diagnosis of temporal arteritis -- Duplex ultrasound velocity criteria for carotid stenting patients -- Use of transcranial Doppler in monitoring patients during carotid artery stenting -- Use of an angle-independent Doppler system for intraoperative carotid endarterectomy surveillance -- Clinical implications of the vascular laboratory in the diagnosis of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Noninvasive imaging of myocardial ischemia 2006, Springer
- Noninvasive vascular diagnosis. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerThere has been a rapid expansion in the field of noninvasive vascular diagnostics over the past two decades. Technological advances have provided an unprecedented variety of therapeutic options and the contemporary vascular specialist today must provide the entire spectrum of care for the patient with circulatory disease, including conventional open surgery, minimally invasive endovascular therapy, and medical management. This new edition of Noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis provides truly comprehensive coverage of noninvasive vascular testing, ranging from conventional noninvasive technology to the latest state-of-the-art advances. Regulatory issues are also discussed, which will become an increasingly important issue in our evolving health care system. It is designed to help determine the most applicable and practical methods for managing patients in the most cost effective and efficient manner. A considerable amount of new material has been added to this popular textbook and there has been extensive revision of its previous content. The Editors have gathered together prominent experts in the field to address the needs of all clinicians who are involved in the care of patients with vascular disease, continuing to make this a key reference in the field.
- Normal ultrasound anatomy of the musculoskeletal system 2012, SpringerThe book provides a comprehensive description of the ultrasound anatomy of the musculoskeletal system and clear guidance on the technique. Ultrasound images are coupled with anatomic pictures explaining probe positioning and scanning technique for the various joints of the musculoskeletal system: shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist, hip, knee, foot, and ankle. For each joint there is also a brief explanation of normal anatomy as well as a list of tricks and tips and advice on how to perform the ultrasound scan in clinical practice. This book will be an excellent practical teaching guide for beginners and a useful reference for more experienced sonographers.
- Notes of a radiology watcher 2014, Springer
- Nuclear medicine 2014, SpringerThe book is a compilation of guidelines from various organizations such as Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, European Association of Nuclear Medicine, American College of Radiology, and International Atomic Energy Agency. The description of the procedures is simple, easy to understand and current. The aim of this book is: a) Nuclear medicine professionals can use this book as a quick reference about how a procedure is to be performed. The set of instructions given to a patient before, during and after the procedure have also been included in each chapter. b) To educate general physicians about nuclear medicine procedures. The procedures are explained briefly with common indications and precautions. Normal and abnormal nuclear medicine images have also been included for quick comparison. c) To educate paramedical staff or healthcare professionals so that they can brace themselves rather than embrace. By this they can clarify, suffice the eager and send patients to a nuclear medicine department after proper preparation. d) To educate patients who come for nuclear medicine procedure. e) To remove apprehensions and doubts which arise in the mind of the patients.
- Nuclear medicine imaging 2012, SpringerThe rapidly growing and somewhat complex area of nuclear medicine imaging receives only limited attention in broad-based medical dictionaries. This encyclopedic dictionary is intended to fill the gap. More than 400 entries of between one and three paragraphs are included, defining and carefully explaining terms in an appropriate degree of detail. The dictionary encompasses concepts used in planar, SPECT, and PET imaging protocols and covers both scanner operations and popular data analysis approaches. In spite of the mathematical complexities in the acquisition and analysis of images, the explanations given are kept simple and easy to understand; in addition, many helpful concrete examples are provided. Nuclear Medicine Imaging: An Encyclopedic Dictionary will be ideal for those who wish to obtain a rapid grasp of a concept beyond a definition of a few words but do not want to resort to a time-consuming search of the reference literature. The almost tutorial-like style accommodates the needs of students, nuclear medicine technologists, and varieties of other medical professionals who interface with specialists within nuclear medicine.
- Oncologic and cardiologic PET/CT-diagnosis 2008, Springer
- Oncologic imaging 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyHere's the multidisciplinary guidance you need for optimal imaging of malignancies. Radiologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists offer state-of-the-art guidelines for diagnosis, staging, and surveillance, equipping all members of the cancer team to make the best possible use of today's noninvasive diagnostic tools. Consult with the best. Dr. Paul M. Silverman and more than 100 other experts from MD Anderson Cancer Center provide you with today's most dependable answers on every aspect of the diagnosis, treatment, and management of the cancer patient. Recognize the characteristic presentation of each cancer via current imaging modalities and understand the clinical implications of your findings. Effectively use traditional imaging modalities such as Multidetector CT (MDCT), PET/CT, and MR in conjunction with the latest advances in molecular oncology and targeted therapies. Find information quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, highly templated format complete with "Key Point" summaries, algorithms, drawings, and full-color staging diagrams. Make confident decisions with guidance from comprehensive algorithms for better staging and imaging evaluation. Access the fully searchable text online, along with high-quality downloadable images for use in teaching and lecturing and online-only algorithms, at expertconsult.com. .
- Oncologic imaging-- essentials of reporting common cancers 2007, ClinicalKeyThis new handbook is designed to provide practical, useful information for anyone involved in interpreting cancer imaging. As a complete guide to reporting the results of oncologic imaging studies taken for staging and follow-up, this useful text will give you the tools you need to provide concise, accurate, and relevant reports. Written by the leading names in cancer imaging, this reference is an essential tool for anyone involved in this rapidly evolving specialty. Provides a complete guide to reporting oncologic imaging studies taken for staging and follow up. Provides consistent coverage of essential information using an easy-to-follow standardized outline format. Includes specific information on what to put in the report and what to look for on the imaging. Covers imaging challenges and caveats, key report elements, TNM staging system (or alternate system, as appropriate), and treatment implications for each of the most common tumor types. Details preferred imaging techniques for each tumor, along with tips on obtaining the clearest results. Offers the latest information on PET-CT imaging. Includes beautiful, full-color drawings of disease sites, with relevant staging clearly marked.
- Optical fluorescence microscopy 2011, SpringerFundamentals of optical microscopy / Franco Quercioli -- The white confocal: continuous spectral tuning in excitation and emission / Rolf Borlinghaus -- Second/third harmonic generation microscopy / Shakil Rehman ... [et al.] -- Role of scattering and nonlinear effects in the illumination and the photobleaching distribution profiles / Zeno Lavagnino, Francesca Cella Zanacchi and Alberto Diaspro -- New analytical tools for evaluation of spherical aberration in optical microscopy / Isabel Escobar ... [et al.] -- Improving image formation by pushing the signal-to-noise ratio / Emiliano Ronzitti ... [et al.] -- Site-specific labeling of proteins in living cells using synthetic fluorescent dyes / Gertrude Bunt -- Imaging molecular physiology in cells using FRET-based fluorescent nanosensors / Fred S. Wouters -- Measuring molecular dynamics by FRAP, FCS, and SPT / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- In vitro-in vivo fluctuation spectroscopies / M. Collini ... [et al.] -- Interference x-ray diffraction from single muscle cells reveals the molecular basis of muscle braking / L. Fusi ... [et al.] -- Low concentration protein detection using novel SERS devices / Gobind Das ... [et al.] -- Near infrared three-dimensional nonlinear optical monitoring of stem cell differentiation / Uday K. Tirlapur and Clarence Yapp -- A correlative microscopy: a combination of light and electron microscopy / Umberto Fascio and Anna Sartori-Rupp.
- Optical imaging of cancer 2009, Springer
- Optical techniques in regenerative medicine 2014, CRCnetBASE"This book is focused on the optical techniques that can be applied to regenerative medicine, including optical coherence tomography, acousto-optic imaging, Raman spectroscopy, machine vision, polarized light imaging, fibre optic sensors, second harmonic generation, multi-photon microscopy, coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering, and polarized light imaging. It covers applications both in fundamental research and in the regenerative medicine industry for tissue engineering products. Each chapter gives an overview of a particular technique, its advantages and limitations in terms of structural and functional information provided, and examples of applications in regenerative medicine. The book provides a practical guide to the most appropriate techniques for a given application. It also offers a summary of major recent advances, such as use of machine vision for tracking growth of three-dimensional constructs in bioreactors and polarization sensitive optical coherence tomography for monitoring collagen alignment in cartilage growth"--Provided by publisher.
- Orthopantomography 2013, SpringerTechnique and Normal Anatomy -- Hints of Technique and Methodology -- Normal Anatomy -- Elementary Radiographical Semeiotics and Pathological Terminology -- Alterations of Number, Orientation, Seat, Morphology, Width and Structure of the Dental Element -- Caries -- Periapical Lesions -- The Periodontal Disease -- Cystic Lesions and Maxillary Tumours -- OPT in Post-treatment Evaluation.
- Orthopedic imaging. 5th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Osteoporosis and bone densitometry measurements 2013, SpringerOsteoporosis is a serious problem worldwide, and its significance is continuing to increase as the world population grows and ages. Osteoporosis and Bone Densitometry Measurements provides a comprehensive review of the latest research on this potentially devastating condition. The book encompasses prevention, diagnosis, and therapy, providing state of the art information on each aspect. A wide range of topics are discussed, including differentiation between acute and chronic, benign and malignant vertebral fractures; the value of the WHO FRAX tool in patient evaluation; the roles of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, quantitative computed tomography, quantitative ultrasound, and high-resolution imaging; and the use of kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty to treat vertebral compression fractures. All chapters are written by acknowledged experts in the field.
- Paediatric musculoskeletal disease 2005, Springer
- Panoramic radiology 2007, Springer
- Parallel imaging in clinical MR applications 2007, Springer
- Parathyroid glands 2013, SpringerEmbryonic development and anatomic and histological structure of the parathyroid glands -- Preoperative imaging of the parathyroid glands -- Intraoperative imaging of the parathyroid glands -- Image-Guided minimally invasive modalities in surgical treatment of parathyroid diseases.
- Pathology of the pancreas-- a practical approach 2013, SpringerPathology of the Pancreas: A Practical Approach covers all the diagnostic entities in adult pancreatic pathology, providing extensive illustrations and tables to assist the pathologist at the time of diagnostic reporting of histological and cytological specimens. Potential pitfalls and mimics in pancreatic pathology are highlighted and illustrated, and guidance is provided regarding how to recognize and avoid them. Pathology of the Pancreas: A Practical Approach enables the pathologist to recognize the various pathological entities and provide the key information in their pathology reports, which is necessary for the individual patient's further management. It is based on the most recent diagnostic algorithms, international consensus guidelines, and systems for disease classification, staging and grading. Clinical information is also included, where it is important for the multidisciplinary team management discussion. Pathology of the Pancreas: A Practical Approach is a bench book for everyday use beside the microscope and provides the diagnostic pathologist with a comprehensive, well-illustrated and extensively cross-referenced approach to pancreatic pathology.
- Patient dosimetry for x rays used in medical imaging 2005, HighWire
- Pediatric and adolescent musculoskeletal MRI 2007, Springer
- Pediatric and adolescent urologic imaging 2014, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive reference for health care providers of children and adolescents with urologic conditions. The first section covers the principles of each radiologic modality as well as radiation safety and the history of uroradiology. The second section integrates the lessons of the first section into specific urologic conditions arranged anatomically and includes additional unique conditions.
- Pediatric chest imaging. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, SpringerChest Ultrasound (US) / Goya Enriquez, Celestino Aso and Xavier Serres -- The Contribution of Nuclear Medicine to Pulmonary Imaging / Michael J. Gelfand and David L. Gilday -- Helical Multidetector Chest CT / Pilar García-Peña and Catherine M. Owens -- High-Resolution CT of the Lung in Children / Javier Lucaya and Hubert Ducou Le Pointe -- Pulmonary Malformations Beyond the Neonatal Period / Josep M. Mata and Amparo Castellote -- CT of Acute Pulmonary Disease: Infection, Infarction, and Trauma / Lane F. Donnelly -- Pediatric Tuberculosis / Pedro A. Daltro and Eloá Nunez-Santos -- How to Perform and Interpret MR Sleep Studies for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children / Lane F. Donnelly -- Foreign Body Aspiration: Imaging Aspects / Benjamin Z. Koplewitz and Jacob Bar-Ziv -- Imaging Evaluation of the Thymus and Thymic Disorders in Children / Donald P. Frush -- Lymphoma - Controversies in Imaging the Chest / Sue C. Kaste -- Chest Tumours Other than Lymphoma / Kieran McHugh -- Thoracic Manifestations of Systemic Diseases / Alan S. Brody -- Radiology of the Chest Wall / Georg F. Eich, Christian J. Kellenberger and Ulrich V. Willi -- Pediatric Cardiac MRI / Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Taylor Chung -- Pediatric Cardiac CT / Laureen Sena, Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Taylor Chung -- Fetal MRI of the Chest / Pedro A. Daltro and Heron Werner -- Neonatal Chest Imaging / Janet L. Strife and Eric J. Crotty.
- Pediatric interventional radiology 2014, SpringerThe introductory section of the book will highlight the unique elements of pediatric practice that are necessary to provide safe patient care. The remainder of the book will discuss all major vascular and non-vascular PIR procedures. The organization will be procedure specific with secondary area classification.The procedural chapters will be organized using a standard format to make it easier for readers to find information. The chapters will contain introductory descriptions of disease processes, indications for intervention, technical information about the procedures and post procedure care.
- Techniques and methods in pediatric neuroimaging / Christopher P. Hess and A. James Barkovich -- Normal development of the neonatal and infant brain, skull and, spine / A. James Barkovich and Pratik Mukherjee -- Metabolic, toxic, and inflammatory brain disorders / A. James Barkovich and Zoltan Patay -- Brain and spine injuries in infancy and childhood / Erin Simon Schwartz and Jim Barkovich -- Congenital malformations of the brain and skull / A. James Barkovich and Charles A. Raybaud -- The phakomatoses / Gilbert Vezina and A. James Barkovich -- Intracranial, orbital, and neck masses of childhood / Charles Raybaud and A. James Barkovich -- Hydrocephalus / A. Raybaud and A. James Barkovich -- Congenital anomalies of the spine / Erin Simon Schwartz and A. James Barkovich -- Neoplasms of the spine / A. James Barkovich -- Infections of the developing and mature nervous system / Gary Hedlund and A. James Barkovich -- Anomalies of cerebral vasculature: diagnostic and endovascular considerations / Philip M. Meyers, Van V. Halbach, and A. James Barkovich.
- Pediatric radiology. 3rd ed. 2009, ClinicalKeyPediatric imaging / Johan G. (Hans) Blickman -- Chest / Johan G. (Hans) Blickman and Lya Van Die -- Heart / Rajesh Krishnamurthy and Johan G. (Hans) Blickman -- Gastrointestinal tract / Bruce R. Parker and Johan G. (Hans) Blickman -- Accessory organs of digestion / Bruce R. Parker and Johan G. (Hans) Blickman -- Genitourinary tract / Johan G. (Hans) Blickman and Carla Boetes -- Skeletal system / Johan G. (Hans) Blickman and Geert Vanderschueren -- Brain imaging / Patrick D. Barnes -- Spine imaging / Patrick D. Barnes -- Head and neck imaging / Patrick D. Barnes.
- Pediatric surgical diseases 2009, Springer
- Pediatric ultrasound 2014, SpringerUltrasound plays an important role in the diagnostic imaging of infants and children and has indeed become the workhorse for many conditions. This is attributable both to the avoidance of ionizing radiation and to the unique features displayed on ultrasound in children in almost all body areas. In the future the potential of ultrasound can be expected to increase further owing to new developments such as ultrasound contrast material, three- or four-dimensional ultrasound, and ultrasound elastography. This book systematically covers the use of ultrasound in all organ systems and throughout childhood. After discussion of the basics, including physics, artifacts, and procedural details, decision making regarding the use of ultrasound is elucidated by listing next imaging steps based on recommended imaging algorithms. The indications and prerequisites for a particular examination are documented, and practical tips and tricks are highlighted. The normal, age-dependent ultrasound findings and typical appearances in different pathologies are presented in detail and illustrated by numerous high-quality images. Particular emphasis is placed on those findings that differ from the adult sonographic appearances. In addition to the classic pediatric abdominal applications, detailed consideration is given to neurosonography, echocardiography, chest ultrasound, musculoskeletal and hip ultrasound, Doppler sonography, and interventional ultrasound. The potential role of the most modern techniques in various situations is explained. Pediatric Ultrasound will prove an invaluable source of information and an indispensable aid to decision making and diagnosis for radiology residents, experienced (pediatric) radiologists, sonographers, pediatricians, pediatric surgeons and urologists, and all other physicians who deal with children as a part of their daily practice.
- Pelvic floor disorders. Surgical approach 2014, Springer
- Percutaneous image-guided biopsy 2014, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive source for all aspects of percutaneous image-guided biopsy. A synthesis of rationale, technique and evidence-based medicine, it offers a clear approach to imaging, devices, procedures and patient care.
- PET and PET/CT study guide 2013, Springer
- PET and SPECT in psychiatry 2014, Springer
- PET and SPECT of neurobiological systems 2014, SpringerPET and SPECT of Neurobiological Systems combines the expertise of renowned authors whose dedication to the development of novel probes and techniques for the investigation of neurobiological systems has achieved international recognition. Various aspects of neurotransmission in the brain are discussed, such as visualization and quantification of (more than 20 different) neuroreceptors, neuroinflammatory markers, transporters, and enzymes as well as neurotransmitter synthesis, -amyloid deposition, cerebral blood flow, and the metabolic rate of glucose. The latest results in probe development are also detailed. Most chapters are written jointly by radiochemists and nuclear medicine specialists to ensure a multidisciplinary approach. This state of the art compendium will be valuable to anyone in the field of clinical or preclinical neuroscience, from the radiochemist and radiologist/nuclear medicine specialist to the interested neurobiologist and general practitioner. It is the second volume of a trilogy on PET and SPECT imaging in the neurosciences. Other volumes focus on PET and SPECT in psychiatry and PET and SPECT in "neurology".
- PET chemistry 2007, Springer
- PET-CT 2005, Springer
- PET-CT and PET-MRI in oncology 2012, SpringerPET Physics and Instrumentation / Brad Kemp -- PET Radiochemistry and Radiopharmacy / Mark S. Jacobson, Raymond A. Steichen and Patrick J. Peller -- PET/CT Interpretation / Patrick J. Peller -- Central Nervous System / Jeffrey A. Miller and Terence Z. Wong -- Head and Neck / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, Ujas Parikh and M. Abou-Zied -- Chest / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, D. S. Surasi, Gregory Russo and P. J. Peller -- Breast Cancer / Gustavo A. Mercier, Felix-Nicolas Roy and François Ba\0302enard -- Gastrointestinal / Roland Hustinx -- Genitourinary / Jacqueline Brunetti and Patrick J. Peller -- Gynecologic / Patrick J. Peller -- Musculoskeletal / Jeffrey J. Peterson -- Hematology / Rathan M. Subramaniam, Leonne Prompers, A. Agarwal, Ali Guermazi and Felix M. Mottaghy -- Dermatological / David Brandon and Bruce Barron -- Pediatric / Hossein Jadvar, Frederic H. Fahey and Barry L. Shulkin -- Assessment of Response to Therapy / Ali Gholamrezanezhad, Alin Chirindel and Rathan Subramaniam -- Metastatic Disease / Patrick J. Peller -- Radiotherapy Planning / Minh Tam Truong and Rathan M. Subramaniam -- Patients with HIV / Rathan M. Subramaniam, J. M. Davison, Devaki S. Surasi, T. Jackson and T. Cooley -- Pitfalls and Artifacts / Geoffrey Bates Johnson and Christopher Harker Hunt.
- PET-CT beyond FDG 2010, SpringerImportance of Radiotracers Other than FDG in Oncology / Luigi Mansi, Pier Francesco Rambaldi and Vincenzo Cuccurullo -- Considerations About PET Isotopes / Luigi Mansi, Vincenzo Cuccurullo and Pier Francesco Rambaldi -- Choline PET-CT / Mohsen Farsad, Vincenzo Allegri and Paolo Castellucci -- Methionine PET-CT / Cristina Nanni, Valentina Ambrosini and Stefano Fanti -- Fluoride PET-CT / Roland Hustinx and Catherine Beckers -- Tyrosine PET-CT / Mohsen Farsad and Gabriele Pöpperl -- Somatostatin Receptor PET-CT / Valentina Ambrosini, Paolo Castellucci, GianCarlo Montini and Stefano Fanti -- Acetate PET-CT / Mohsen Farsad, Franca Chierichetti and Stefano Fanti -- Thymidine PET-CT / Ken Herrmann and Andreas Buck -- Dopa PET-CT / Adrienne H. Brouwers, Klaas P. Koopmans, Rudi A. J. O. Dierckx and Philip H. Elsinga -- Imaging of Hypoxia with PET-CT / Tove J. Grönroos, Heikki Minn and Rodney J. Hicks -- Angiogenesis PET Using Radiolabeled RGD Peptides / Keon Wook Kang, Jae Min Jeong and Ambros J. Beer -- Hormonal Receptors PET-CT / Erik F. J. de Vries, Andor W. J. M. Glaudemans, Caroline P. Schröder and Geke A. P. Hospers -- HTP PET-CT / Adrienne H. Brouwers, Klaas P. Koopmans, Rudi A. J. O. Dierckx and Philip H. Elsinga.
- PET-CT-- rare findings and diseases 2012, SpringerPET-CT is increasingly being employed in the diagnosis of both oncological and non-oncological patients, yet nuclear medicine physicians may have only limited practical experience of rare diseases and may experience difficulty in recognizing and interpreting rare findings. This unique atlas documents a large number of clinical cases that will help practitioners to identify findings and diseases that, though rare, are sufficiently frequent to be encountered in routine practice. Two types of cases are presented: patients evaluated for rare diseases and patients evaluated for standard diseases in whom atypical PET findings were detected. Each reported case includes a brief description of the clinical history, representative color PET-CT images obtained using FDG or other tracers, and a short explanation of the disease and findings. This atlas will enable practitioners to make conclusive reports of PET-CT scans that would otherwise have been inconclusive.
- PET/CT in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Photoacoustic imaging and spectroscopy 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Physics for medical imaging applications 2007, Springer
- Pocket atlas of sectional anatomy. 4th edition. v. 1-2, 2014, Thiemev. 2 Thieme"This comprehensive, easy-to-consult pocket atlas is renowned for its superb illustrations and ability to depict sectional anatomy in every plane. Together with its two companion volumes, it provides a highly specialized navigational tool for all clinicians who need to master radiologic anatomy and accurately interpret CT and MR images. Special features of Pocket Atlas of Sectional Anatomy: - Didactic organization in two-page units, with high-quality radiologic images on one side and brilliant, full-color diagrams on the other - Hundreds of high-resolution CT and MR images, many made with the latest generation of scanners (e.g., 3T MRI, 64-slice CT) - Consistent color coding, making it easy to identify similar structures across several slices - Concise, easy-to-read labeling of all figures. Updates for the 4th edition of Volume I: - New cranial CT imaging sequences of the axial and coronal temporal bone - Expanded MR section, with all new 3T MR images of the temporal lobe and hippocampus, basilar artery, cranial nerves, cavernous sinus, and more - New arterial MR angiography sequences of the neck and additional larynx images Compact, easy-to-use, highly visual, and designed for quick recall, this book is ideal for use in both the clinical and study settings. Volume I: Head and Neck Volume II: Thorax, Heart, Abdomen, and Pelvis, ISBN 978-3-13-125604-1 Volume III: Spine, Extremities, Joints, ISBN 978-3-13-143171-4 Torsten B. Moeller, MD, and Emil Reif, MD, Department of Radiology, Marienhaus Klinikum Saarlouis-Dillingen, Dillingen/Saarlouis, Germany"--Provided by publisher.
- Population neuroscience 2013, SpringerTerms and Concepts --History of the Key Disciplines --Enviromics --Genomics --Epigenomics --Molecular Phenomics --Systems Phenomics --Cohorts --Challenges --Personalized Preventive Medicine.
- Practical guide to neurovascular emergencies 2014, SpringerModern vascular neurology, particularly in the emergency setting, often requires a great capacity for analysis and synthesis. Physicians who manage these patients must have acquired multidisciplinary skills, including a good knowledge of clinical neurology and medical imaging, but they may also need to be skilled in cardiology and intensive care. The initial clinical and imaging examinations play a decisive role in the management strategy. This book, written by neurologists and neuroradiologists, is designed to help all physicians involved in the management of neurovascular disease. The format and contents of this book, including the latest guidelines from learned societies, are designed to provide a succinct and practical guide. Although this book is particularly devoted to ischaemic stroke, other neurovascular diseases, especially haemorrhagic stroke, are also discussed. This book should constitute a valuable tool for everyday practice for all medical personnel involved in neurovascular disease.
- Practical handbook of endoscopic ultrasonography 2012, SpringerPart I.Instrumentation /Instrumentation /Kazuya Akahoshi --Part II.Ultrasound Catheter Probe /Ultrasound Catheter Probe (UCP) /Kazuya Akahoshi and Masaru Kubokawa --Part III.Radial Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS) /Basic Scanning Methods of Radial EUS /Kazuya Akahoshi --Radial EUS of the Esophagus and Mediastinum /Kazuya Akahoshi --Radial EUS of the Stomach /Kazuya Akahoshi --Radial EUS of the Anus and Rectum /Kazuya Akahoshi --Radial EUS of Pancreatico-Biliary System /Kazuya Akahoshi --Part IV.Linear EUS /Basic Scanning Techniques of Linear EUS /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --Linear EUS of the Esophagus and Mediastinum /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --Linear EUS of the Stomach /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --Linear EUS of the Anorectum /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --Linear EUS of the Pancreas, Biliary Tract and Liver /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --Part V.Endoscopic Ultrasonography-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration (EUS-FNA) /Techniques of EUS-FNA /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --Cytopathological Aspects of EUS-FNA /Vijayshri Pethe-Bhide and Amol Bapaye --EUS-FNA of the Esophagus and Mediastinum /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --EUS-FNA of Lesions of the Pancreas, Biliary Tract, and Liver /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --EUS-FNA for Submucosal Tumor /Kazuya Akahoshi and Masafumi Oya --Part VI.Interventional EUS /EUS Guided Drainage of Pancreatic Pseudocysts (PPC's), Abscesses and Fluid Collections (PFC's) /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --EUS Guided Biliary and Pancreatic Duct Interventions /Amol Bapaye and Advay Aher --EUS Guided Celiac Plexus Interventions /Rajkumar Wadhwa and Amol Bapaye --EUS Guided Anorectal Interventions.
- Practical handbook on image processing for scientific and technical applications. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Practical imaging informatics 2009, Springer
- Practical neuroangiography. 3rd ed. 2013, OvidMachine generated contents note: SECTION I Techniques and Safety -- 1.History and Introduction -- 2.Performing a Cerebral Arteriogram -- 3.Spinal Angiography: Technical Aspects -- 4.Pediatric Neuroangiography: Technical Aspects -- 5.Safety and Complications -- 6.Radiation Risks and Safety -- SECTION II Anatomy -- 7.Embryology of the Cranial Circulation -- 8.Aortic Arch -- 9.The Circle of Willis -- 10.The Internal Carotid Artery -- 11.The Anterior Cerebral Artery -- 12.The Middle Cerebral Artery -- 13.The Posterior Cerebral Artery -- 14.The Extradural Vertebral Arteries -- 15.The Arteries of the Posterior Fossa -- 16.The Venous System -- 17.The External Carotid Artery and Extracranial Circulation -- SECTION III Vascular Diseases: Diagnosis and Treatment -- 18.Intracranial Aneurysms, Diagnosis and Treatment -- 19.Vascular Malformation of the Brain -- 20.Cranial Dural Vascular Malformations -- 21.Vascular Malformations of the Spine -- 22.Pediatric Ischemic Stroke and Arteriopathy --Contents note continued: 23.Carotid-Cavernous Fistulas -- 24.Nonaneurysmal Perimesencephalic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage -- 25.ENT Bleeding and Tumor Embolization -- 26.Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome -- 27.Vasculitides Involving the Central Nervous System -- 28.Bow Hunter's Stroke -- 29.Dural Sinus Occlusive Disease -- 30.Cerebral Vasospasm -- 31.Angioplasty and Stenting of Atherosclerotic Disease -- 32.Endovascular Treatment of Ischemic Stroke -- 33.Vein of Galen Malformations.
- Practical pelvic floor ultrasonography 2014, SpringerPractical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor provides an introduction to pelvic floor imaging, as well as a resource to be used during initial and more advanced practice. The book helps readers gain competence in performing 2D/3D/4D transperineal, and 2D/3D endovaginal / endoanal ultrasound evaluation of the pelvic floor, including anal sphincter and levator ani complex. The text also shows interested clinicians how to obtain optimal images of pelvic floor muscles and organs, how to obtain useful images of the anal canal, levator ani complex, urethra, and how to interpret clinical implications of alterations of the anatomy. In addition, emerging techniques of dynamic pelvic floor ultrasound and 3D/4D ultrasound are introduced through step by step protocols that are aimed at optimizing sonographic images. Written entirely by experts in their fields, Practical Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography: A Multicompartmental Approach to 2D/3D/4D Ultrasonography of Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive resource that will be of great value to urogynecologists, colorectal surgeons, obstetrician and gynecologists, female urologists, ultrasonographers, radiologists, physiotherapists, as well as fellows in urogynecology and colorectal surgery.
- Practical signal and image processing in clinical cardiology 2010, SpringerArchitecture of the basic physiologic recorder -- Analog and digital signals -- Signals in the frequency domain -- Filters -- Techniques for event and feature detection -- Alternative techniques for rate estimation -- Signal averaging for noise reduction -- Data compression -- Image processing -- Electrocardiography -- Intravascular and intracardiac pressure measurement -- Blood pressure and pulse oximetry -- Coronary angiography -- Echocardiography -- Nuclear cardiology: SPECT and PET -- Magnetic resonance imaging -- Computed tomography -- ECG telemetry and long term electrocardiography -- Intracardiac electrograms -- Advanced signal processing applications of the ECG: T-wave alternans, heart rate variability, and the signal averaged ECG -- Digital stethoscopes.
- Practical SPECT/CT in nuclear medicine 2013, SpringerNuclear Medicine is a diagnostic modality which aims to image and in some cases quantify physiological processes in the body to highlight disease or injury. Within nuclear medicine, over the past few decades, major technological changes have occurred and concomitantly changes in the knowledge and skills required have had to evolve. One of the most significant technological changes has been the fusion of imaging technologies, to create hybrid systems such as SPECT/CT, PET/CT and PET/MR. With these changes in mind, Practical SPECT/CT in Nuclear Medicine provides a handy and informative guide to the purchase, clinical implementation and routine use of a SPECT/CT scanner. Practical SPECT/CT in Nuclear Medicine will be a valuable resource for all personnel working in nuclear medicine and it will be of particular value to trainees.
- Practical urological ultrasound 2013, SpringerFeatures original research on the basic science of ultrasound and explores all aspects of the subject, beginning with the physical science of ultrasound and continuing through clinical applications in urology.
- Principles and applications of magnetic particle imaging 2014, SpringerBernhard Gleich introduces Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI) including all aspects that are necessary for a complete understanding. MPI is a new imaging modality invented by Bernhard Gleich and Jrgen Weizenecker. The method is capable of imaging the distribution of superparamagnetic iron oxide particles (SPIOs) with high sensitivity, high spatial resolution, and high imaging speed. The author summarizes the results of a number of original papers and countless innovations he has elaborated in the young discipline of magnetic particle imaging.
- Principles of flexible endoscopy for surgeons 2013, SpringerWritten entirely by surgical endoscopists, Principles of Flexible Endoscopy for Surgeons presents a comprehensive overview of past, present, and future flexible gastrointestinal endoscopic techniques, with a focus on educating surgeons who may or may not already have the skills to perform flexible endoscopy. In addition to the endoscopic management of surgical issues, the volume describes the role of surgery in the management of endoscopic complications. Basic as well as advanced flexible endoscopic techniques are presented in both a didactic and visual mode, with representative endoscopic images and video clips. Recent endoscopic advancements which are not routinely a core component of surgical training programs are also covered in detail. Extensively illustrated with endoscopic images and accompanied by a DVD, Principles of Flexible Endoscopy for Surgeons is a valuable resource for surgeons on all facets of flexible endoscopy.
- Protocols for multislice CT. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Quantifying morphology and physiology of the human body using MRI 2013, CRCnetBASE"Although traditionally a qualitative technique, MRI can be used to gather quantitative information on the structure and function of the human body. While historically applied to neurophysiology, MRI is now routinely being used to explore other organs and structures, especially the heart and skeleton. This volume reviews various MRI techniques for obtaining quantitative and physiological information of the human body. It compares and contrasts several different applications of MRI in quantitative research and on various body parts/structures, including data acquisition, processing, and analysis/interpretation. The book also explores new and emerging techniques and modeling"--Provided by publisher.
- Quantitative imaging in cell biology 2014, ScienceDirect
- Quantitative MRI in cancer 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Quantum magnetic resonance imaging diagnostics of human brain disorders. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Radiological imaging of the neonatal chest. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, SpringerEmbryology and Anatomy of the Neonatal Chest / Stephanie Ryan -- Update on Clinical Management of Neonatal Chest Conditions / Anne Twomey -- Computed and Digital Radiography in Neonatal Chest Examination / Amaka C. Offiah -- Hyaline Membrane Disease and Complications of Its Treatment / Veronica Donoghue -- Transient Tachypnoea of the Newborn / Veronica Donoghue -- Meconium Aspiration / Catherine M. Owens -- Diagnostic Imaging of Neonatal Pneumonia / David Manson -- Antenatal Imaging of Chest Malformations / Laurent Garel -- Postnatal Imaging of Chest Malformations / Stephanie Ryan -- Congenital Anomalies of the Neonatal Upper Airway / David Manson -- Computed Tomography of the Central and Peripheral Airways / Alistair D. Calder and Catherine M. Owens -- Ultrasound of the Neonatal Thorax / Ingmar Gassner and Theresa E. Geley -- Ultrasound in Congenital Heart Disease / Colin J. McMahon and Benjamin W. Eidem -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Congenital Heart Disease / Christian J. Kellenberger -- Chest Radiography in Congenital Heart Disease / Bjarne Smevik -- Angiocardiography and Intervention in Congenital Heart and Great Vessel Disease / Bjarne Smevik and Per G. Bjørnstad -- Computed Tomography in Congenital Heart Disease / Laureen Sena and Hyun Woo Goo -- Chest Wall Abnormalities which Cause Neonatal Respiratory Distress / Georg F. Eich.
- Radiological safety and quality 2014, SpringerRadiological Safety and Quality - Paradigms in Leadership and Innovation is a multi-disciplinary and inter-sectorial collaboration by international experts and leaders from academic institutions, radiology practices, professional organizations, regulatory authorities, UN and international agencies. Established principles and new concepts, challenges and opportunities, and examples of leadership and innovations are discussed to raise awareness, share experience and facilitate development of facility-based or system-wide improvements in radiation safety, quality radiology, and patient care by procedure justification, optimization of protection and imaging data, and incident minimization. The 26 chapters by 53 experts and 11 messages from international organizations and agencies convey a common theme: there is no single panacea to improve radiological safety and quality but on-going leadership, innovation, collaboration, and stakeholder participation are needed.
- Radiologically-guided approach to musculoskeletal anatomy 2013, SpringerIntroduction --Introduction /Antonio Zicca, Alberto Tagliafico --Upper limb --Shoulder /Erica Fisci, Alberto Tagliafico --Elbow /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Wrist /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Lower limb --Hip /Alberto Tagliafico, Erica Fisci, Carlo Martinoli --Knee /Alberto Tagliafico, Carlo Martinoli --Ankle /Bianca Bignotti, Carlo Martinoli, Alberto Tagliafico --Spine --Spine /Erica Fisci, Alberto Tagliafico
- Radiology 100 online syllabus 2004-, UCSF
- Radiology for PET/CT reporting 2014, Springer
- Radiology illustrated-- gynecologic imaging. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Ultrasound and Transvaginal Ultrasound: Techniques, Normal Findings, and Variations.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --pt. 2.Gynecologic CT and MRI: Techniques and Normal Findings.Introduction /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --pt. 3.Variations and Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital Tract.Introduction /Jeong Kon Kim --Illustrations /Jeong Kon Kim --pt. 4.Uterine Myoma.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 5.Adenomyosis.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 6.Imaging Evaluation of Uterine Cervical Carcinoma.Introduction /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --Illustrations /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --pt. 7.Endometrial Cancer.Introduction /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim.pt. 8.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Uterus.Introduction /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --Illustrations /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --pt. 9.Post-treatment Changes and Recurrence of Uterine Malignancies.Introduction /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --Illustrations /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --pt. 10.Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases.Introduction /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --Illustrations /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --pt. 11.Miscellaneous Diseases of the Uterus.Introduction /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --Illustrations /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --pt. 12.Ovarian Cysts and Cystic Disease.Introduction /Hyuck Jae Choi --Illustrations /Hyuck Jae Choi --pt. 13.Ovarian Tumors: General Considerations and Mode of Spread.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon --pt. 14.Epithelial Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon.pt. 15.Germ Cell Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim --pt. 16.Sex Cord-Stromal Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Jung Suk Sim --pt. 17.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Ovary and Adnexa.Introduction /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --pt. 18.Endometriosis.Introduction /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 19.Adnexal Torsion.Introduction /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --Illustrations /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --pt. 20.Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.Introduction /Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 21.Ectopic Pregnancy.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee.pt. 22.Vagina and Vulva.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --pt. 23.Vascular Diseases of the Female Pelvis.Introduction /Seong Jin Park --Illustrations /Seong Jin Park --pt. 24.Pediatric Gynecologic Diseases./Introduction /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --Illustrations /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --pt. 25.Nongynecologic Lesions Mimicking Gynecologic Diseases.Introduction /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 26.Hysterosalpingography.Introduction /Hak Jong Lee --Illustrations /Hak Jong Lee --pt. 27.Sonohysterography.Introduction /Eun Ju Lee --Illustrations /Eun Ju Lee --pt. 28.Gynecologic Nonvascular Interventions.Introduction /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 29.Obstetric and Gynecologic Vascular Interventions.Introduction /Man-Deuk Kim and Jin Wook Chung --Illustrations.
- Radiology illustrated. chest radiology 2014, Springer
- Radiology Illustrated: Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Radiology is the first of two volumes that will serve as a clear, practical guide to the diagnostic imaging of abdominal diseases. This volume, devoted to diseases of the liver, biliary tree, gallbladder, pancreas, and spleen, covers congenital disorders, vascular diseases, benign and malignant tumors, and infectious conditions. Liver transplantation, evaluation of the therapeutic response of hepatocellular carcinoma, trauma, and post-treatment complications are also addressed. The book presents approximately 560 cases with more than 2100 carefully selected and categorized illustrations, along with key text messages and tables, that will allow the reader easily to recall the relevant images as an aid to differential diagnosis. At the end of each text message, key points are summarized to facilitate rapid review and learning. In addition, brief descriptions of each clinical problem are provided, followed by both common and uncommon case studies that illustrate the role of different imaging modalities, such as ultrasound, radiography, CT, and MRI.
- Radiology illustrated. Spine 2014, SpringerRadiology Illustrated: Spine is an up-to-date, superbly illustrated reference in the style of a teaching file that has been designed specifically to be of value in clinical practice. Common, critical, and rare but distinctive spinal disorders are described succinctly with the aid of images highlighting important features and informative schematic illustrations. The first part of the book, on common spinal disorders, is for radiology residents and other clinicians who are embarking on the interpretation of spinal images. A range of key disorders are then presented, including infectious spondylitis, cervical trauma, spinal cord disorders, spinal tumors, congenital disorders, uncommon degenerative disorders, inflammatory arthritides, and vascular malformations. The third part is devoted to rare but clinically significant spinal disorders with characteristic imaging features, and the book closes by presenting practical tips that will assist in the interpretation of confusing cases.
- Radiology illustrated. Uroradiology. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerUroradiology is an up-to-date, image-oriented reference in the style of a teaching file that has been designed specifically to be of value in clinical practice. All aspects of the imaging of urologic diseases are covered, and case studies illustrate the findings obtained with the relevant imaging modalities in both common and uncommon conditions. Most chapters focus on a particular clinical problem, but normal findings, congenital anomalies, and interventions are also discussed and illustrated.In this second edition, the range and quality of the illustrations have been enhanced, and many schematic drawings have been added to help readers memorize characteristic imaging findings through pattern recognition. The accompanying text is concise and informative. Besides serving as an outstanding aid to differential diagnosis, this book will provide a user-friendly review tool for certification or recertification in radiology.
- Radiology of HIV/AIDS 2014, SpringerMolecular Biology of HIV/AIDS and Its Clinical Management -- An Overview of Clinical Immunology of HIV/AIDS -- An Overview of Clinical Microbiology of HIV/AIDS -- Epidemiological Investigation of AIDS -- Pathogenetic and Pathological Mechanism -- Clinical Manifestations of HIV/AIDS Infection -- Laboratory Test and Special Examinations -- Diagnostic Imaging -- AIDS Imaging and Evidence Based Medicine -- Clinical Medication Against HIV/AIDS -- Introduction to Assessment and Monitoring of Critical AIDS -- HIV Related Effect Factors -- HIV/AIDS Related Nervous System Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Myeleterosisand Peripheral Neuropathy -- HIV/AIDS Related Eye Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Neck Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Respiratory Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Cardiac Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Gastrointestinal Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic and Splenic Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Peritoneal and Retroperitoneal Disease -- HIV/AIDS Related Urogenital Disease -- HIV/AIDS Related Musculoskeletal Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Pediatric Diseases -- HIV/AIDS Related Skin Diseases -- Functional Imaging of HIV/AIDS.
- Radiology of Influenza A (H1N1) 2013, SpringerA novel strain of influenza A (H1N1) virus emerged and an outbreak of influenza A (H1N1) occurred worldwide in 2009 and 2010, posing a severe threat to the health of human beings. The two Editors work together in Beijing You An Hospital, to combat this type of influenza. This book, Radiology of Influenza A (H1N1), is intended to provide first-hand clinical data and its scientific analysis, thus supporting sound clinical practice for influenza A (H1N1) prevention and treatment as well as related scientific research. The authors have collected over 100 critical influenza A (H1N1) virus-infected cases. For cases of influenza A (H1N1) that resulted in death, autopsies were performed for 8 cases after receiving their families' informed consent. Over 200 reports on pathological and histological analysis as well as immunohistochemical and electroscopic analysis were brought together. This book was then compiled by comparing the published data with the present first-hand data. This book includes a wealth of content, including DR, CT and MRI images, pathological and histological figures, and immunohistochemical and electroscopic figures. Related research, clinical and educational needs can be readily satisfied by its detailed data, texts and figures, as well as typical case reports. Li Hongjun, is professor and director of the diagnostic radiology department in Beijing You An Hospital, affiliated with Capital Medical University, Beijing, China. Li Ning, is professor and president of Beijing You An Hospital, affiliated with Capital Medical University, Beijing, China.
- Radiology of osteoporosis. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Radiology review manual. 6th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Radionuclide and hybrid bone imaging 2012, Springer
- Radionuclide imaging of infection and inflammation 2013, SpringerThis atlas fills a gap in the literature by documenting in detail the role of nuclear medicine imaging of infection and inflammation. The pathophysiologic and molecular mechanisms on which radionuclide imaging of infection/inflammation is based are clearly explained, but the prime focus of the book is on the clinical relevance of such procedures. Their impact is demonstrated by a collection of richly illustrated teaching cases that describe the most commonly observed scintigraphic patterns, as well as anatomic variants and technical pitfalls. Due attention is paid to the application of recently developed techniques, including multimodality fusion imaging such as SPECT/CT and PET/CT. Emphasis is placed in particular on the ability of multimodality imaging to increase both the sensitivity and the specificity of radionuclide imaging. This atlas will be an excellent learning tool for residents in nuclear medicine and illuminating for other specialists with an interest in the field. Learning tool especially useful for residents in nuclear medicine and for specialists in nuclear medicine approaching the field. Useful integration for residents and for specialists also in infectious and autoimmune diseases, as well as in orthopedics.
- Real-time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography 2012, SpringerTechnology and 3D Imaging --3D TEE Basic Views --Native Cardiac Valves --Cardiac Prosthetic Valves --Left and Right Ventricles 3D Imaging --Cardiomyopathy Ventricles 3D Imaging --Aorta --Cardiac Masses 3D Imaging --Congenital Heart 3D Imaging --Miscellaneous 3D Imaging.
- Reflectance confocal microscopy for skin diseases 2012, SpringerPart 1.Confocal Reflectance Microscopy - the Essentials --The Confocal Story --How Reflectance Confocal Microscopy Works --A Hands-on Guide to Confocal Imaging --Part 2.Normal Skin --Epidermis, Dermis and Epidermal Appendages --Acral Volar Skin, Facial Skin and Mucous Membrane --Part 3.Melanocytic lesions --Semeiology and Pattern Analysis in Melanocytic Lesions --Dermoscopic and Histopathologic Correlations --Part 4.Melanocytic lesions: Nevi --Common Nevi --Atypical/Dysplastic Nevi --Spitz Nevi --In Vivo Confocal Reflectance Microscopy of Congenital Melanocytic Nevi --The Many Faces of Nevi: Blue, "Black" and Recurrent Nevi --Part 5.Melanocytic lesions: Melanoma --Superficial Spreading Melanoma --Melanoma Progression --Nodular Melanoma --Lentigo Maligna --Amelanotic Melanoma --Part 6.Non-melanocytic Skin Lesions --Semiology and Pattern Analysis in Nonmelanocytic Lesions --Dermoscopic and Histopathologic Correlations --Solar Lentigo, Seborrheic Keratosis and Lichen Planus-Like Keratosis --Basal Cell Carcinoma --Actinic Keratosis --Squamous Cell Carcinoma --Cutaneous Lymphoma --Potpourri of Nonmelanocytic Skin Lesions --Part 7.Inflammatory Skin Diseases --The Semiology and Patterns of Inflammatory Skin Conditions --Hyperkeratotic Dermatitis --Spongiotic Dermatitis --Interface Dermatitis --Pigmentary Skin Disorders --Part 8.Monitoring of Skin Lesions and Therapy Control --Follow-up of Nevi --Monitoring of Nonsurgical Treatment of Skin Tumors --Confocal Mosaicing Microscopy in Skin Excisions: Feasibility of Cancer Margin Screening at the Bedside to Guide Mohs Surgery --Reflectance Confocal Microscopy Applications in Cosmetology --Part 9.Future Aspects --Tele-Reflectance Confocal Microscopy --Automated Diagnosis and Reflectance Confocal Microscopy --Experimental Applications and Future Directions --Part 10.Glossary --Reflectance Confocal Microscopy Imaging: A Glossary of Terminology.
- Reflecting the future of contrast ultrasound 2002, HighWire
- Registration methods for pulmonary image analysis 2014, SpringerVarious applications in the field of pulmonary image analysis require a registration of CT images of the lung. For example, a registration-based estimation of the breathing motion is employed to increase the accuracy of dose distribution in radiotherapy. Alexander Schmidt-Richberg develops methods to explicitly model morphological and physiological knowledge about respiration in algorithms for the registration of thoracic CT images. The author focusses on two lung-specific issues: on the one hand, the alignment of the interlobular fissures and on the other hand, the estimation of sliding motion at the lung boundaries. He shows that by explicitly considering these aspects based on a segmentation of the respective structure, registration accuracy can be significantly improved.
- Right imaging study. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- SAGES manual of hernia repair 2013, SpringerThe SAGES Manual of Hernia Repair will serve as a state-of-the-art resource for hernia surgeons and residents alike who are interested in the rapidly evolving area of abdominal wall hernia repair. This manual captures and summarizes the current trends in the field, as well as describing the new ideas, programs, and strategies regarding hernia repair. Through a unique section called Current Debates in Inguinal Hernia Repair, this volume also provides readers an overview of the current opinions on many of the ongoing debates of this time period. Furthermore, the manual is lavishly illustrated, containing an array of instructional charts and photographs, and is authored by a panel of experts in hernia repair.Comprehensive and easily accessible, The SAGES Manual of Hernia Repair is a portable reference that will be of great value to all practicing surgeons and residents working in the field of abdominal wall hernia repair.
- Screening and preventive diagnosis with radiological imaging 2007, Springer
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Second harmonic generation imaging 2014, CRCnetBASE"Second harmonic generation serves as the basis for a microscope imaging contrast mechanism that visualizes cell and tissue structure and function. This book provides a complete overview of the principles underlying this technique and its current applications, including use in molecular sensing. Covering practical issues related to instrumentation, the text examines which kinds of external labels to use. It also gives detailed reviews of the use of second harmonic generation in biomedical research, from imaging of cancer and skin disorders to self-assembled gels, holographic SHG imaging, and tissue engineering applications"--Provided by publisher.
- Sectional anatomy by MRI and CT. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyCT of the abdomen / Kousei Ishigami -- MRI of the abdomen / Akihiro Nishie and Alan H. Stolpen -- CT of the male pelvis / Kousei Ishigami -- CT of the female pelvis / Kousei Ishigami -- MRI of the male pelvis / Akihiro Nishie and Alan H. Stolpen -- MRI of the female pelvis / Akihiro Nishie and Alan H. Stolpen.MR arthrography of the hip / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the thigh / Mark J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the knee / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the leg / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the ankle / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the foot / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the thoracic spine / William J. Montgomery -- MRI of the lumbar spine / William J. Montgomery -- CT of the thorax / Brian F. Mullan -- MRI of the heart / Brian F. Mullan and Alan H. Stolpen --MRI of the pectoral girdle and chest wall / Thomas P. Martin and Timothy Averion-Mahloch -- MRI of the shoulder / Thomas P. Martin and Timothy Averion-Mahloch -- MR arthrography of the shoulder / Thomas P. Martin and Timothy Averion-Mahloch -- MRI of the arm / Thomas P. Martin and Timothy Averion-Mahloch -- MRI of the elbow / Carol A. Boles -- MRI of the forearm / Carol A. Boles -- MRI of the wrist / Carol A. Boles -- MRI of the hand / Carol A. Boles -- MRI of the hip / Mark. J. Kransdorf --
- See right through me. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerThis atlas demonstrates all components of the body through imaging, in much the same way that a geographical atlas demonstrates components of the world. Each body system and organ is imaged in every plane using all relevant modalities, allowing the reader to gain knowledge of density and signal intensity. Areas and methods not usually featured in imaging atlases are addressed, including the cranial nerve pathways, white matter tractography, and pediatric imaging. As the emphasis is very much on high-quality images with detailed labeling, there is no significant written component; however, 'pearl boxes' are scattered throughout the book to provide the reader with greater insight. This atlas will be an invaluable aid to students and clinicians with a radiological image in hand, as it will enable them to look up an exact replica and identify the anatomical components. The message to the reader is: Choose an organ, read the 'map,' and enjoy the journey.
- Chapter 1. Basic Tasks of Signal Processing in Spectroscopy -- Chapter 2. The Role of Quantum Mechanics in Signal Processing -- Chapter 3. Exact Quantum-Mechanical, Pade-Based Recovery of Spectral Parameters -- Chapter 4. Harmonic Transients in Time Signals -- Chapter 5. Signal-Noise Separation via Froissart Doublets -- Chapter 6. Machine Accurate Quantification and Illustrated Signal-Noise Separation -- Chapter 7. Pade Processing for MR Spectra from In Vivo Time Signals -- Chapter 8. Magnetic Resonance in Neuro-Oncology -- Chapter 9. Pade Quantification of Malignant and Benign Ovarian MRS Data -- Chapter 10. Breast Cancer and Non-Malignant Breast Data -- Chapter 11. Multiplet Resonances in MRS Data from Normal and Cancerous Prostate -- Chapter 12. Recapitulation of Pade-Optimized Processing of Biomedical Time Signals.
- Signs in MR-mammography 2008, Springer
- Simulation training in laparoscopy and robotic surgery 2012, SpringerLessons Learned from the Aviation Industry: Surgical Checklists /Stig Müller and Hitendra R. H. Patel --Human Factors, Nontechnical Skills, and Surgical Training /Stig Müller, Waleed Al-Singary and Hitendra R. H. Patel --Current State of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery /Jens J. Rassweiler, Marcel Hruza, Thomas Frede and Salvatore Micali --Simulation and Training in Minimally Invasive Surgery /Sonal Arora, Shabnam Undre and Roger Kneebone --Value of Virtual Reality in Medical Education /Amina A. Bouhelal, Hitendra R. H. Patel and Bijendra Patel --The MIMIC Virtual Reality Trainer: Stepping into Three-Dimensional, Binocular, Robotic Simulation /Steven M. Lucas and Chandru P. Sundaram --Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Skills Acquisition and Procedural Proficiency in Novices Using Virtual Reality /Amina A. Bouhelal, Hitendra R. H. Patel and Bijendra Patel --Lesson Learnt from the Military Surgeons Using Simulation in Trauma Surgery /Simon S. Fleming and John-Joe Reilly --Clinical and Educational Benefits of Surgical Telementoring /Knut Mague Augestad, Taridzo Chomutare, Johan G. Bellika, Andrius Budrionis and Rolv-Ole Lindsetmo, et al. --Portable Learning and Multimedia in Surgical Training /Narinderjit Singh Kullar, Stig Müller and Hitendra R. H. Patel.
- Small animal imaging 2011, Springer
- Small-animal SPECT imaging 2005, Springer
- Spinal imaging 2007, Springer
- Spine imaging. Third edition [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKey
- Statistical and computational methods in brain image analysis 2014, CRCnetBASE"The massive amount of nonstandard high-dimensional brain imaging data being generated is often difficult to analyze using current techniques. This challenge in brain image analysis requires new computational approaches and solutions. But none of the research papers or books in the field describe the quantitative techniques with detailed illustrations of actual imaging data and computer codes. Using MATLABʼ and case study data sets, Statistical and Computational Methods in Brain Image Analysis is the first book to explicitly explain how to perform statistical analysis on brain imaging data. The book focuses on methodological issues in analyzing structural brain imaging modalities such as MRI and DTI. Real imaging applications and examples elucidate the concepts and methods. In addition, most of the brain imaging data sets and MATLAB codes are available on the author's website. By supplying the data and codes, this book enables researchers to start their statistical analyses immediately. Also suitable for graduate students, it provides an understanding of the various statistical and computational methodologies used in the field as well as important and technically challenging topics."--Provided by publisher.
- Statistics of medical imaging 2012, CRCnetBASE"Statistical investigation into technology not only provides a better understanding of the intrinsic features of the technology (analysis), but also leads to an improved design of the technology (synthesis). Physical principles and mathematical procedures of medical imaging technologies have been extensively studied during past decades. However, less work has been done on their statistical aspect. Filling this gap, this book provides a theoretical framework for statistical investigation into medical technologies. Rather than offer detailed descriptions of statistics of basic imaging protocols of x-ray CT and MRI, the book presents a method to conduct similar statistical investigations into more complicated imaging protocols"--Provided by publisher.
- Steding's and Virágh's scanning electron microscopy atlas of the developing human heart 2007, Springer
- "Stem Cell Labeling for Delivery and Tracking Using Noninvasive Imaging provides a comprehensive overview of cell therapy imaging, ranging from the basic biology of cell therapeutic choices to the preclinical and clinical applications of cell therapy. It emphasizes the use of medical imaging for therapeutic delivery/targeting, cell tracking, and determining therapeutic efficacy. The book first presents background information and insight on the major classes of stem and progenitor cells. It then describes the main imaging modalities and state-of-the-art techniques that are currently employed for stem cell tracking. In the final chapters, leading scholars offer clinical perspectives on existing and potential uses of stem cells as well as the impact of image-guided delivery and tracking in major organ systems. Through clear descriptions and color images, this volume illustrates how noninvasive imaging is used to track stem cells as they repair damaged tissue in the body. With contributions from some of the most prominent preclinical and clinical researchers in the field, the book helps readers to understand the evolving concepts of stem cell labeling and tracking as the field continues to move forward"--Provided by publisher.
- Supine percutaneous nephrolithotomy 2014, SpringerPNL is the gold standard for the management of large and/or otherwise complex renal stones. Since its introduction in the seventies PNL has undergone considerable evolution, mainly driven by the improvement in access techniques, endoscopic instrument technology, lithotripsy devices and drainage management. The conventional prone position for PNL has been challenged in the last two decades by a variety of modifications, including the supine and Galdakao-modified supine Valdivia positions, which make simultaneous retrograde working access to the collecting system possible and have proven anesthesiological advantages. The Galdakao-modified supine Valdivia position allowed the development of ECIRS (Endoscopic Combined IntraRenal Surgery), a technique exploiting a combined antegrade and retrograde approach to the upper urinary tract, using both rigid and flexible endoscopes with the related accessories. The synergistic teamwork of ECIRS provides a safe and efficient, minimally-invasive procedure for the treatment of all kinds of urolithiasis. The aim of this book is to share with the urologic community worldwide our experience, our standardization of all the steps, and tips and tricks for the procedure.
- Surgical and interventional ultrasound 2014, AccessSurgeryPhysics : include medical precautions -- Instrumentation -- Advanced technologies : 3D ultrasound, contrast ultrasound -- Ultrasound of the neck, thyroid and parathyroid -- Breast ultrasound -- Abdominal ultrasound : principles (transabdominal, intraoperative, laparoscopic) -- Hepatobiliary ultrasound : include rf and other ablative therapies -- Ultrasound of pancreas -- FAST : trauma ultrasound -- Critical care ultrasound : includes chest ultrasound -- Endoscopic ultrasound : foregut including esophagus, stomach, small intestine, biliary -- Endoscopic ultrasound : hindgut including endorectal -- Genitourinary ultrasound -- Vascular ultrasound -- Ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia -- Therapeutic ultrasound -- Documentation, coding, billing, and compliance -- Credentialing.
- Susceptibility weighted imaging in MRI 2011, Wiley
- Systemic vasculitis 2012, Springer
- Targeted molecular imaging 2012, CRCnetBASE"Covering the fundamental concepts of molecular imaging, this work addresses basic principles, disease models, imaging studies in animals, imaging in initial human studies, and the application of molecular imaging in pharmacy and drug discovery. Topics are presented in logical progression, from basic concepts to applications. The text includes examples from human studies with imaging of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease, and neurodegenerative diseases. The book is a valuable tool for readers involved with molecular imaging, biomedical imaging, radiology, medical physics, medicinal chemistry, and pharmacology"--Provided by publisher.
- Taybi and Lachman's Radiology of syndromes, metabolic disorders, and skeletal dysplasias. 5th ed. 2007, ClinicalKey
- Techniques in gastrointestinal endoscopy v. 1-, 1999-, ScienceDirectv. 9-, 2007- ClinicalKey
- Temporal bone 2010, SpringerImaging Technique -- Anatomy -- Multiplanar Atlas -- Advanced Imaging Applications -- Imaging Microscopy of the Temporal Bone: An Anatomy Tutorial.
- Textbook of real-time three dimensional echocardiography 2011, SpringerThe evolution of three-dimensional echocardiography: how did it happen -- Technical principles of transthoracic three-dimensional echocardiography -- 3D transesophageal echocardiographic technologies -- Three-dimensional echocardiography in clinical practice -- Advanced evaluation of LV functions with 3D echocardiography -- Three-dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of the mitral valve -- Three-dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of LV dyssynchrony and stress testing -- Three-dimensional echocardiography of aortic valve -- Three-dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of the right ventricle -- Three-dimensional echocardiography in congenital heart disease -- Three-dimensional echocardiography to assess intra-cardiac masses -- Real time three dimensional transesophageal echocardiography for guidance of catheter based interventions -- Future developments of three-dimensional echocardiography -- Real time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography -- The role of echocardiography in the surgical management of degenerative mitral valve disease -- Visualization and assessment of coronary arteries with three-dimensional echocardiography -- Assessment of tricuspid valve morphology and function -- Role of three-dimensional echocardiography in drug trials.
- Therapeutics of digestive endoscopic tunnel technique 2014, SpringerThis book elaborates on a whole new understanding of digestive endoscopy, the core of which is to treat quite a number of diseases using minimally invasive methods, provides the walls of the digestive tube are free of perforations. Currently, the tunnel technique has been applied in the treatment of digestive early stage carcinomas, esophageal achalasia and submucosal tumors originating from muscularis propria. And this promising technique would surely be more widely used in the future. The main contents of this book include the history of the digestive endoscopic tunnel technique, the practical anatomy involved, operation steps, indications and contraindications, complications and possible future exploration fields. This book is well suited for doctors and surgeons performing digestive endoscopic therapies.
- Thoracic imaging 2010, ThiemeCongenital disorders -- Disorders of the airways -- Occupational diseases -- Infections -- Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia -- Collagen diseases and vasculitis -- Immune disorders and disorders of uncertain etiology -- Bronchopulmonary neoplasms -- Disorders of the pulmonary circulatory system -- Mediastinal disorders -- Chest wall and pleura -- Chest trauma -- Sequelae of therapy.
- Thoracoscopy for pulmonologists 2014, SpringerThe incidence of pleural disease is increasing, and it is now accepted that best practice requires the incorporation of thoracoscopy into the work-up. However, surgeons cannot meet the rising demand for thoracoscopy by means of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS), and waiting lists for endoscopic pleural procedures are consequently lengthening. Against this background, there is an increasing need for medical thoracoscopy performed by pulmonologists, which may be video assisted and has the advantage of being very cost-effective. This book is a comprehensive and up-to-date guide to thoracoscopy for pulmonologists that documents the considerable progress in endoscopic telescopes and instrumentation. Clear practical guidance is provided on technique, and diagnostic, therapeutic, and interventional applications of thoracoscopy are all carefully examined with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Although medical thoracoscopy is much less invasive than VATS and thoracotomy, complications can occur in a small number of cases; these are discussed and advice on prevention is provided. The concluding section examines the future of the field, covering developments such as 'mini' thoracoscopy, autofluorescence thoracoscopy, and flexi-rigid thoracoscopy.
- Three-dimensional cephalometry 2006, SpringerFrom 3-D volumetric computer tomography to 3-D cephalometry / Filip Schutyser, Johan Van Cleynenbreugel -- Basic craniofacial anatomical outlines / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric reference system / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric hard tissue landmarks / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric soft tissue landmarks / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric planes / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometric analysis / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- 3-D cephalometry and craniofacial growth / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- Clinical applications / Gwen R.J. Swennen -- Future perspectives of 3-D cephalometry / Gwen R.J. Swennen, Filip Schutyse.
- Three-dimensional digital tomosynthesis 2014, Springer
- Three-dimensional echocardiography 2011, Springer
- History of Thyroid Ultrasound /Robert A. Levine --Thyroid Ultrasound Physics /Robert A. Levine --Doppler Ultrasound of the Neck /Robert A. Levine --Normal Neck Anatomy and Method of Performing Ultrasound Examination /Dara R. Treadwell --Pediatric Ultrasound of the Neck /Henry J. Baskin Jr --Ultrasound of Diffuse Thyroid Enlargement: Thyroiditis /Mark A. Lupo and Robert A. Levine --Ultrasound of Nodular Thyroid Enlargement /Susan J. Mandel and Jill E. Langer --Ultrasound and Mapping of Neck Lymph Nodes /Gregory Randolph, Barry Sacks and H. Jack Baskin Sr --Ultrasonography of the Parathyroid Glands /Dev Abraham --Surgical Trends in Treatment of Thyroid Nodules, Thyroid Cancer, and Parathyroid Disease /Haengrang Ryu, Rachel Harris and Nancy D. Perrier --Ultrasound of Salivary Glands and the Non-endocrine Neck /Robert A. Sofferman --Ultrasound-Guided Fine-Needle: Aspiration of Thyroid Nodules /Daniel S. Duick --Laser and Radiofrequency Ablation Procedures /Roberto Valcavi, Giorgio Stecconi Bortolani and Fabrizio Riganti --Percutaneous Ethanol Injection (PEI) in the Treatment of Thyroid Cysts, Nodules, and Other Neck Lesions /Andrea Frasoldati and Roberto Valcavi --Ultrasound-Guided FNA and Molecular Markers for Optimization of Thyroid Nodule Management /Daniel S. Duick --Ultrasound Elastography of the Thyroid /Robert A. Levine --Authoring Quality Ultrasound Reports /J. Woody Sistrunk and H. Jack Baskin Sr.
- Totally accessible MRI 2008, SpringerPart I. In the Beginning: Generating, Detecting, and Manipulating the MR (NMR) Signal -- Laying the Foundation: Nuclear Magnetism, Spin, and the NMR Phenomenon -- Rocking the Boat: Resonance, Excitation, and Relaxation -- Relaxation: What Happens Next? -- Image Contrast: T1, T2, T2*, and Proton Density -- Hardware, Especially Gradient Magnetic Fields -- Part II. User Friendly: Localizing and Optimizing the MRI Signal for Imaging -- Spatial Localization: Creating an Image -- Defining Image Size and Spatial Resolution -- Putting It All Together: An Introduction to Pulse Sequences -- Understanding, Assessing, and Maximizing Image Quality -- Artifacts: When Things Go Wrong, It's Not Necessarily All Bad -- Safety: First, Do No Harm -- Part III. To the Limit: Advanced MRI Applications -- Preparatory Modules: Saturation Techniques -- Readout Modules: Fast Imaging -- Volumetric Imaging: The Three-dimensional Fourier Transform -- Parallel Imaging: Acceleration with SENSE and SMASH -- Flow and Angiography: Artifacts and Imaging of Coherent Motion -- Diffusion: Detection of Microscopic Motion -- Understanding and Exploiting Magnetic Susceptibility -- Spectroscopy and Spectroscopic Imaging: In Vivo Chemical Assays by Exploiting the Chemical Shift.
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) has played an instrumental role among the many advances in the field of congenital heart disease (CHD) that have resulted in successful and continually improving clinical outcomes, today enabling most affected infants and children to live well into adulthood. Ongoing evolution of the technology (including three-dimensional TEE) promises to maintain this imaging approach at the forefront of clinical practice. Competent performance of TEE in the patient with CHD, however, requires a number of essential technical and cognitive skills, in addition to a solid understanding of the broad spectrum of congenital pathology. Thus, the important need for a comprehensive reference on the subject to assist specialists who care for these patients. Transesophageal Echocardiography for Congenital Heart Disease represents a unique work, the only textbook of its kind that focuses specifically upon the applications of TEE in CHD. In each chapter, the contributorshighly regarded specialists and leaders in the fieldprovide practical and instructive information on the many different aspects of CHD evaluation by TEE. The textbook is extensively supplemented with over 700 figures/illustrations and more than 400 high quality videos (available online). This reference will prove an invaluable resource for those who use TEE in the care of both children and adults with CHD, whether they be cardiologists, surgeons, anesthesiologists, intensivists, sonographers, or trainees wishing to obtain basic knowledge or advance their understanding of the field.
- Trauma management in orthopedics 2013, SpringerTrauma Management in Orthopedics has been written to serve as a general introduction to the field of trauma in the field of orthopedics. It is composed of a number of commonly seen disorders and with a corresponding therapeutic pathway, clearly explained with numerous xrays and diagrams to aid the reader in their understanding of these useful procedures.The book is intended as a basic resource for trainees and junior surgeons, but will also be useful to more experienced specialists who require an easy to follow clinical guide to assist in day to day practice of orthopedic trauma management.
- Trends in neurovascular interventions 2014, SpringerThis book covers topical issues in neurovascular surgery, and in particular the management of intracranial aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, and cavernomas, current trends in cerebral revascularization, and new concepts in cerebrovascular imaging. The contents reflect the continuing developments in interventions in cerebrovascular disorders as a result of progress in neuroimaging, evolution of pathophysiological concepts, new clinical trials, and technological innovations. The chapters are all written by acknowledged experts from across the world, and comprise original papers presented at the 6th European Japanese Stroke Surgery Conference, held in June 2012 in Utrecht, The Netherlands. The book will be of value to all who are interested in the latest developments in the field and offers fascinating insights into varied perspectives and techniques.
- Ultrasonography in obstetrics and gynecology. 5th ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerFundamental principles -- Peripheral arteries -- Peripheral veins -- Shunts -- Extracranial cerebral arteries -- Visceral and retroperitoneal vessels -- Penile and scrotal vessels.
- Ultrasonography of the pancreas 2012, SpringerUltrasound Imaging /Anna Gallotti and Fabrizio Calliada --Transabdominal Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Elisabetta Buscarini and Salvatore Greco --Endoscopic Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Elisabetta Buscarini and Stefania De Lisi --Percutaneous Ultrasound Guided Interventional Procedures in Pancreatic Diseases /Elisabetta Buscarini and Guido Manfredi --Intraoperative Ultrasonography of the Pancreas /Mirko D'Onofrio, Emilio Barbi, Riccardo De Robertis, Francesco Principe and Anna Gallotti, et al. --Pancreatic Anatomy, Variants and Pseudolesions of the Pancreas /Emilio Barbi, Salvatore Sgroi, Paolo Tinazzi, Stefano Canestrini and Anna Gallotti, et al. --Pancreatitis and Pseudocysts /Steffen Rickes and Holger Neye --Solid Pancreatic Tumors /Christoph F. Dietrich, Michael Hocke, Anna Gallotti and Mirko D'Onofrio --Cystic Pancreatic Tumors /Mirko D'Onofrio, Paolo Giorgio Arcidiacono and Massimo Falconi --Rare Pancreatic Tumors /Roberto Malagò, Ugolino Alfonsi, Camilla Barbiani, Andrea Pezzato and Roberto Pozzi Mucelli --Imaging Correlation /Marie-Pierre Vullierme and Enrico Martone --Pancreatic Lesions: Pathologic Correlations /Paola Capelli and Alice Parisi --Clinical and Imaging Scenarios /Anna Gallotti and Riccardo Manfredi --Flowcharts in Pancreatic Diseases /Elisabetta Buscarini.
- Ultrasonography of the upper extremity 2014, SpringerThis practice-oriented book, containing a wealth of high-quality ultrasound images, provides clear, concise, and complete coverage of the normal anatomy of the hand and wrist - tendons, nerves, and vascular structures - as well as the main pathologic conditions encountered in this area. The ultrasound images have been acquired with state of the art scanners and carefully labeled to facilitate recognition of each and every anatomic structure. Helpful comparison is also made with images and findings obtained using other diagnostic techniques, including in particular magnetic resonance imaging. The lucid text is complemented by practical tables summarizing key points for ease of reference. Readers will find Ultrasonography of the Upper Extremity to be a rich source of information on anatomy, examination techniques, and ultrasound appearances of one of the anatomic regions to have benefited the most from the technological revolution that has taken place in the field of ultrasonography during recent years. The book will appeal to both novice and experienced practitioners, including above all radiologists and ultrasound technicians but also rheumatologists and orthopedic surgeons.
- Ultrasound and carotid bifurcation atherosclerosis 2012, Springer
- Ultrasound diagnostics of thyroid diseases 2010, SpringerAs the basis for this book, the authors have analyzed more than 100,000 ultrasound examinations performed between 1995 and 2008 in patients with thyroid and parathyroid disease, as well as many thousands of diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound-guided minimally invasive procedures. The opening chapters include discussion of current ultrasound techniques, pitfalls, and ultrasound examination of the thyroid in children. Detailed attention is then devoted to findings in the normal thyroid and in the presence of diffuse and focal changes.
- Ultrasound imaging in reproductive medicine 2014, SpringerPart I: Ultrasound Technique -- Ultrasound in Reproductive Medicine: Is It Safe?- Principles of 3D Ultrasound -- Two Dimensional and Three Dimensional Doppler in Reproductive Medicine -- Legal Aspects of Ultrasound Imaging in Reproductive Medicine -- Part II: Ultrasound in Infertility Workup -- The Normal Ovary -- Ovarian Reserve and Ovarian Cysts -- Ultrasound and PCOS -- The Normal Uterus -- Congenital Uterine Anomalies -- Uterine Fibroids -- Endometrial Polyps -- Intrauterine Adhesions -- Sonohysterography (SHG) in Reproductive Medicine -- Evaluation of Tubal Patency (HyCoSy, Doppler) -- Hydrosalpinx -- Virtual Hysterosalpingography: A New Diagnostic Technique for the Study of the Female Reproductive Tract -- Ultrasound in Male Infertility -- Part III: Ultrasound in Infertility Treatment -- Ultrasound in Follicle Monitoring for Ovulation Induction/IUI -- 2D Ultrasound in Follicle Monitoring for ART -- 3D Ultrasound in Follicle Monitoring for ART -- Ultrasound Guided Surgical Procedures -- Ultrasound Role in Embryo Transfers -- Ultrasound and Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome -- Pregnancy of Unknown Viability -- Ultrasound Evaluation of Ectopic Pregnancy -- Focused Ultrasound for Treatment of Fibroids.
- Ultrasound imaging-- advances and applications 2012, SpringerUltrasound Imaging: Advances and Applications presents some of the recent advances in Ultrasound imaging technology covering several organs and techniques in a Biomedical Engineering (BME) perspective. The focus of the book is in the algorithms, methodologies and systems developed by multidisciplinary research teams of engineers and physicians for Computer-Aided Diagnosis (CAD) purposes. Cardiovascular and Cancer, the most common life-threatening diseases in western countries, are two of the most important topics focused in the book. However, other advanced issues are also presented such as Intravascular Ultrasound, 3D US and Ultrasound in Computer-Aided Surgery (CAS). Some chapters are direct contributions from medical research groups where Ultrasound has also received great attention in the last decade. By this, new techniques based on Ultrasound were introduced in the clinical practice for diagnosis and therapeutics, mainly in hospital facilities.
- Ultrasound in gynecology. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyUltrasound in gynecology: development and continuing evolution -- Applied physics: selecting and adjusting the equipment -- Instrumentation, modality selection, and documentation -- Conducting the gynecologic ultrasound examination -- Relevant pelvic anatomy -- Adenomyosis -- Congenital uterine anomalies -- Adnexal masses -- Menopausal dilemmas: how ultrasound has changed clinical management -- Lower urinary tract -- Early pregnancy -- Pregnancy failure -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Infertility -- Sonohysterography -- Ultrasound-guided procedures in gynecology -- Color doppler mapping in gynecology -- Transvaginal sonography and ovarian cancer -- Three-dimensional ultrasound in gynecology -- Ultrasound-enhanced bimanual examination -- Differential diagnosis of inflammatory diseases of the pelvis -- Pearls and pitfalls of transvaginal sonography.
- Ultrasound of the gastrointestinal tract 2007, Springer
- Ultrasound of the musculoskeletal system 2007, Springer
- Ultrasound of the thyroid and parathyroid glands 2012, SpringerSection I.History and Basic Concepts --The History of Clinical Ultrasound --Physics and Principles of Ultrasound --Practical Concepts of Ultrasound --Section II.Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands --Sonography of the Normal Thyroid --Benign Thyroid Conditions --Malignant Thyroid Conditions --Ultrasound Surveillance --Parathyroid Ultrasound --Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology --Section III.Lymph Nodes and the Neck --Lymph Nodes --Benign Clinical Conditions in the Adjacent Neck --Section IV.New Advances in Applied Ultrasound --Thyroid Elastography --Percutaneous Ethanol Injection for Thyroid and Parathyroid Disorders --Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound and Ultrasound-Guided Minimally Invasive Therapy for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Focal Thyroid Lesions.
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal procedures. The upper limb 2012, Springerpt. 1.General Aspects of US-guided Musculoskeletal Procedures --General Aspects of US-guided Musculoskeletal Procedures /Armando Conchiglia, Lorenzo Maria Gregori, Luigi Zugaro and Carlo Masciocchi --pt. I.The Shoulder --The Shoulder: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Davide Orlandi --Subacromial-Subdeltoid Bursa Injections /Enzo Silvestri --Treament of Calcific Tendinitis of the Rotator Cuff /Giovanni Serafini and Luca Maria Sconfienza --Calcific Enthesopathy Dry-Needling /Francesca Lacelli --Hyaluronic Supplementation of the Subacromial Space /Giovanni Serafini --Intra-articular Injections /Francesca Lacelli --Long Head of the Biceps Brachii Tendon Injection /Luca Maria Sconfienza --Acromioclavicular Joint Injection /Enzo Silvestri --pt. II.The Elbow --The Elbow: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Emanuele Fabbro --Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis /Giovanni Serafini --Treatment of Medial Epicondylitis /Enzo Silvestri --Olecranon Bursa Drainage /Francesca Lacelli --Intra-articular Injections /Luca Maria Sconfienza --pt. III.The Wrist --The Wrist: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique /Enzo Silvestri and Giulio Ferrero --Treament of De Quervain's Disease and Other Forms of Tenosynovitis /Giovanni Serafini --Articular Ganglia Drainage /Leonardo Callegari --Trapeziometacarpal Joint Injection /Francesca Lacelli --Radiocarpal Joint Injections /Luca Maria Sconfienza --pt. IV.The Hand --The Hand: Focused US Anatomy and Examination Technique --Francesca Lacelli and Chiara Martini --Treatment of Trigger Finger /Leonardo Callegari --Intra-articular Injections: Metacarpophalangeal and Interphalangeal Joints /Luca Maria Sconfienza.
- Ultrasound. 2nd ed. 2004, ClinicalKey
- Ureteroscopy 2013, SpringerUreteroscopy: Indications, Instrumentation & Technique provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art review of ureteroscopy and will serve as a valuable resource for urologists throughout the world. The volume provides evidence based outcomes to support the expanding indications for ureteroscopy as well as a strong emphasis on appropriate patient selection. The book also provides detailed recommendations for the step-by-step approach to ureteroscopy from both an instrumentation and techniques perspective. The work is extensively illustrated with endoscopic images and includes a DVD of video clips which further highlight the clinical application of available endoscopic techniques. The text also includes highly practical presentations of complex endourologic case presentations with expert analysis and editorial commentary. Example cases would include common but challenging cases of ureteroscopy for transitional cell cancer, horseshoe kidneys, hutch diverticulum, and pregnancy. Ureteroscopy: Indications, Instrumentation & Technique provides a unique and valuable resource in the field of ureteroscopy and will include basic instructions for those currently in training or those who have yet to adapt intrarenal ureteroscopy into their surgical armamentarium. Advanced ureteroscopic approaches are also covered for those wishing to enrich their current clinical expertise.
- Urological tests in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Vascular imaging of the central nervous system 2014, WileyBasic principles of UVI / Ana Maria Braz and Jaime Leal Pamplona -- Clinical applications of UVI / Ana Maria Braz, Maria Madalena Patricio, and Joana Ramalho -- Novel applications of UVI / Elsa Azevedo and Pedro Castro -- Basic principles of CTA / Margareth Kimura and Mauricio Castillo -- Intracranial CTA / Isabel R. Fragata and Joana Ramalho -- Extra-cranial CTA / Tiago Baptista and João Lopes Reis -- Basic principles of time-of- flight magnetic resonance angiography (TOF MRA) and MRV (2D and 3D) / Hugo A. Ferreira and Joana Ramalho -- Basic principles of phase contrast magnetic resonance angiography (PC MRA) and MRV / Hugo A. Ferreira and Joana Ramalho -- Time-of-flight magnetic resonance angiography (TOF MRA) and MRV : clinical applications / Mauricio Castillo, Juan Camilo Márquez and Francisco Jose Medina -- Phase contrast magnetic resonance angiography (PC MRA) and flow analysis : clinical applications / Pedro Vilela -- Contrast-enhanced MRA fundamentals and clinical applications / Khurram Javed and Mauricio Castillo -- Intracranial magnetic resonance angiography (MRA), 1.5T versus 3T : advantages and disadvantages / Sara Safder, Benjamin Huang, and Mauricio Castillo -- Time-resolved techniques / Nuno Almeida, David Monteiro, and Daniela Seixas -- DSA : basic principles / Mauricio Castillo -- DSA in clinical practice / Yueh Z. Lee and Mauricio Castillo -- Advanced and future DSA applications / Pedro Vilela -- CT perfusion, basic concepts and clinical applications / Joana Ramalho and Isabel R. Fragata -- Dynamic susceptibility contrast-enhanced MRI perfusion : basic principles and clinical applications / Francisco Medina Valencia, Mauricio Castillo, and Juan Marquez -- Arterial spin labeling (ASL) perfusion basic concepts, artifacts, and clinical applications / Debora Bertholdo and Mauricio Castillo -- Imaging of carotid plaque / Sangam Kanekar -- Basic concepts and clinical applications of intravascular imaging hideki / Sitahara, Peter J. Fitzgerald, Paul G. Yock, and Yasuhiro Honda -- Pediatric vascular imaging techniques and clinical applications / Carla R. Conceio, Rita Lopes da Silva, and Joana Ramalho.
- Vascular interventional radiology-- current evidence in endovascular surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerThe Aetiology of Vascular Disease /R. D. Wells --Assessment of Peripheral Vascular Disease /Mark G. Cowling --Equipment and Environment /Vikramaditya Prabhudesai --Consent in Interventional Radiology /F. Coccia and J. S. Freedman --Drugs Used in Vascular Interventional Radiology /Gordon Dent and Mark G. Cowling --Day Case Vascular Intervention /Ounali S. Jaffer, Dean Y. Huang and Paul S. Sidhu --Sites of Arterial Access and the Role of Closure Devices in Percutaneous Arterial Intervention /Jon K. Bell and Nicholas Chalmers --Aortoiliac Intervention /Rafiuddin Patel and Anthony A. Nicholson --Femoropopliteal Arterial Intervention /Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck and Heide Preuss --Crural Arterial Interventions /J. Reekers --Thrombolysis, Mechanical Thrombectomy and Percutaneous Aspiration Thrombectomy /Gerard S. Goh, Robert Morgan and Anna-Maria Belli --Upper Limb Arterial Intervention /Douglas R. Turner and Steven M. Thomas --Carotid and Vertebral Artery Intervention /Stephen D. Goode and Trevor J. Cleveland --Management of Renal and Visceral Arterial Stenoses /M. G. Cowling --Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair /Andrew England, Micheal Murphy and Richard G. McWilliams --Endovascular Repair of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms /H. Rousseau, J. Auriol, C. Lions, V. Benouaich and E. Grunenwald, et al. --Endovascular Repair of Iliac, Visceral and False Aneurysms /Ralph Jackson and John Rose --Dialysis Access Management /J. R. Asquith --Management of Venous Stenoses and Venous Thrombosis /J. R. Asquith --Inferior Veno-Caval Filters /Matthew Matson --Management of Venous Insufficiency /D. J. West.
- Vibrational spectroscopy for tissue analysis 2013, CRCnetBASE"This book presents a variety of vibrational spectroscopic techniques, focusing on Raman and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy and their use in noninvasive optical tissue diagnosis. It covers the most recent research in this area to create a unique database of different chemical bands and their assignments of spectral bands. The text explores the spectroscopic investigation of different tissues and samples, including breast tissue, lung tissue, and brain tissue. Based on their years of experience with various applications, the authors provide definitions of peak frequencies as well as other aspects of spectroscopy that could be helpful to a wide range of scientists"--Provided by publisher.
- Visual computing for medicine. 2nd edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ScienceDirectThis book offers cutting-edge visualization techniques and their applications in medical diagnosis, education, and treatment. It includes algorithms, applications, and ideas on achieving reliability of results and clinical evaluation of the techniques covered, and treatment planning, guidance, and training.
- Visualization and processing of tensor fields 2006, Springer
- Visualization in medicine and life sciences 2008, Springer
- Whole body ultrasonography in the critically ill 2010, SpringerBasic notions of critical ultrasound -- The ultrasound equipment -- Specific notions of critical ultrasound in the critically ill -- Introduction to abdominal ultrasound: normal patterns -- Peritoneum -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Liver -- Gallbladder -- Urinary tract -- Various targets in the abdomen (spleen, adrenals, pancreas, lymph nodes) -- Aorta -- Principles of examination of the deep veins in the critically ill -- Principles of examination of the deep veins in the critically ill [same title as chapter 12 before?] -- Introduction to lung ultrasound -- Pleural effusion -- Lung: alveolar syndrome -- Lung and interstitial syndrome -- Pneumothorax -- Basic applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 1-a bedside alternative to CT and other irradiating techniques -- Basic applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 2-the ultrasound approach of an acute respiratory failure: the BLUE protocol -- Applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 3-lung ultrasound in the neonate -- Simple emergency cardiac sonography -- Simple critical ultrasound considering hemodynamic therapy: our limited investigation -- Head and neck -- Soft tissues and miscellaneous areas -- Interventional ultrasound -- Ultrasound in the surgical intensive care unit, some peculiarities -- Critical ultrasound outside the intensive care unit -- Analytic study of severe and/or frequent situations in the critically ill -- Free considerations -- A way to learn critical ultrasound -- Critical ultrasound, not just a new technique: also a philosophy.
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas — Cryo-EM. Part B, 3-D reconstruction. 1st ed. (164)
- Cryo-EM. Part C, Analyses, interpretation, and case studies. 1st ed. — Imaging in pediatric skeletal trauma (164)
- Imaging in transplantation — Nanoparticles in biomedical imaging (164)
- Neonatal cranial ultrasonography. 2nd ed. — Whole body ultrasonography in the critically ill (163)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases