Books by Subject
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas ..............
- — Cryo-EM. Part A, Sample preparation a...
- Cryo-EM. Part B, 3-D reconstruction. ...
- — Imaging in cellular and tissue engine...
- Imaging in nuclear medicine ............
- — Multi modality state-of-the-art medic...
- Multi-slice and dual-source CT in car...
- — Whole body ultrasonography in the cri...
- Cryo-EM. Part B, 3-D reconstruction. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Fundamentals of three-dimensional reconstruction from projections / Pawel A. Penczek -- Chapter 2. Image restoration in cryo-electron microscopy / Pawel A. Penczek -- Chapter 3. Resolution measures in molecular electron microscopy / Pawel A. Penczek -- Chapter 4. 3D reconstruction from 2D crystal image and diffraction data / Andreas D. Schenk ... [et al.] -- Chapter 5. Fourier-Bessel reconstruction of helical assemblies / Ruben Diaz, William J. Rice, David L. Stokes -- Chapter 6. Reconstruction of helical filaments and tubes / Edward H. Egelman -- Chapter 7. Three-dimensional asymmetric reconstruction of tailed bacteriophage / Jinghua Tang, Robert S. Sinkovits, Timothy S. Baker -- Chapter 8. Single particle analysis at high resolution / Yao Cong, Steven J. Ludtke -- Chapter 9. The Orthogonal tilt reconstruction method / Andres Leschziner -- Chapter 10. An Introduction to maximum-likelihood methods in cryo-EM / Fred J. Sigworth ... [et al.] -- Chapter 11. Classification of structural heterogeneity by maximum-likelihood methods / Sjors H.W. Scheres -- Chapter 12. Methods for three-dimensional reconstruction of heterogeneous assemblies / Elena V. Orlova, Helen R. Saibil -- Chapter 13. Alignment of cryo-electron tomography datasets / Fernando Amat ... [et al.] -- Chapter 14. Correcting for the Ewald sphere in high-resolution single-particle reconstructions / Peter A. Leong ... [et al.] -- Chapter 15. Software tools for molecular microscopy: an open-text wikibook / Neil R. Voss ... [et al.].
- Cryo-EM. Part C, Analyses, interpretation, and case studies. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Analyses of subnanometer resolution cryo-EM density maps / Matthew L. Baker ... [et al.] -- Chapter 2. Methods for segmentation and interpretation of electron tomographic reconstructions / Niels Volkmann -- Chapter 3. Integration of cryo-EM with atomic and protein-protein interaction data / Friedrich Förster, Elizabeth Villa -- Chapter 4. Unified data resource for cryo-EM / Catherine L. Lawson -- Chapter 5. Electron crystallography and aquaporins / Andreas D. Schenk ... [et al.] -- Chapter 6. Cryoelectron microscopy applications in the study of tubulin structure, microtubule architecture, dynamics and assemblies, and interaction of microtubules with motors / Kenneth H. Downing, Eva Nogales -- Chapter 7. Helical crystallization of two example membrane proteins: MsbA and the Ca2+-ATPase / John Paul Glaves ... [et al.] -- Chapter 8. Multiparticle cryo-EM of ribosomes / Justus Loerke, Jan Giesebrecht, Christian M.T. Spahn -- Chapter 9. Single-particle electron microscopy of animal fatty acid synthase: describing macromolecular rearrangements that enable catalysis / Edward J. Brignole, Francisco Asturias -- Chapter 10. Tomography of actin cytoskeletal networks / Dorit Hanein -- Chapter 11. Visual proteomics / Friedrich Förster, Bong-Gyoon Han, Martin Beck -- Chapter 12. Cryoelectron tomography of eukaryotic cells / Asaf Mader, Nadav Elad, Ohad Medalia -- Chapter 13. 3D visualization of HIV virions by cryoelectron tomography / Jun Liu, Elizabeth R. Wright, Hanspeter Winkler -- Chapter 14. Automation in single-particle electron microscopy: connecting the pieces / Dmitry Lyumkis ... [et al.].
- CT and MR angiography 2009, OvidPrinciples of computed tomographic angiography -- Principles of magnetic resonance angiography -- Conventional angiography in the noninvasive era -- Contrast medium administration in computed tomographic angiography -- Contrast medium administration in magnetic resonance angiography -- Postprocessing and data analysis -- Atherosclerosis : epidemiology and pathology -- Atherosclerosis : in vivo characterization -- Thromboembolism -- Vasculitides and connective tissue disorders -- Cerebral arteries and veins -- Cervical vasculature -- Quantifying coronary artery calcium -- Coronary arteries -- Thoracic vascular anomalies -- Pulmonary vasculature -- Thoracic aorta -- Abdominal aorta -- Mesenteric vasculature -- Renal vasculature -- Lower extremities vasculature -- Upper extremities vasculature -- Pediatric techniques and vascular anomalies -- Venous system.
- Liver and biliary system -- Pancreas -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Spleen -- Mesentery, omentum, and peritoneum -- Kidneys, ureter, and bladder -- Pelvis -- Retroperitoneum and adrenal glands -- Abdominal wall.
- CT atlas of adult congenital heart disease 2013, SpringerPart I. Cardiac embryology and the normal heart -- Cardiac embryology -- The normal heart -- Normal anatomic variants and imaging artifacts mimicking pathology -- Part II. Basic nomenclature and approach to evaluating congenital heart disease imaging -- Basic nomenclature in adult congenital heart disease -- Segmental, sequential approach to CT interpretation in adult congenital heart disease -- Part III. CT imaging techniques in adult congenital heart disease -- Part IV. Congenital dysplasias and cardiomyopathies -- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia -- Uhl anomaly -- Left ventricular noncompaction (LVNC) -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Part V. Anomalies with normal chamber and valve sequence and position -- Septal defects -- Atrioventricular valve abnormalities -- Left venntricular outflow tract abnormalities -- Right ventricular outflow tract obstruction -- Arterial anomalies -- Coronaryu artery anomalies -- Congenital venous anomalies -- Part VI. Anomalies with abnormal chamber sequence or relationship -- Abnormal relationship between the atria and ventricles -- Abnormal relationship between ventricles and great vessels -- Heterotaxy syndrome -- Part VII. Palliative and corrective procedures in adult congenital heart disease -- Percutaneous closures -- Aortopulmonary shunts: Blalock-Taussig, Potts, Waterston -- Atrial baffles for the treatment of transposition of the great artaeries (Mustard, Senning) -- Arterial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries -- Systemic vein to pulmonary artery shunts: Glenn, Fontan, and Kawashima procedures -- Rastelli procedure -- Damus-Kaye-Stansel procedure -- Double-switch procedure -- Ross procedure -- Norwood procedures and Sano modification -- Aortic coarctation repairs -- Part VIII. Congenital pericardial abnormmalites -- Congenital absence of the pericardium.
- CT colonography atlas 2013, SpringerNormal colon -- Anatomical variants: positional anomalies of colon -- Pitfalls in imaging -- Diverticular disease -- Lipomatous lesions of the colon -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Polyps: pedunculated -- Sessile polyps -- Flat lesion -- Colon cancer -- Rectal cancer -- The ileocecal valve -- Operated large bowel.
- CT evaluation of coronary artery disease 2009, Springer
- CT of the acute abdomen 2011, Springer
- CT of the airways 2008, Springer
- CT of the heart 2005, SpringerCT of the heart: past, present, and future / William Stanford -- Electron beam CT of the heart / David G. Hill -- Scan techniques for cardiac and coronary artery imaging with multislice CT / Bernd M. Ohnesorge, Brian R. Westerman and U. Joseph Schoepf -- Image reconstruction for ECG-triggered and ECG-gated multi-slice CT / Thomas Flohr and Tinsu Pan -- Phase-correlated image reconstruction without ECG / Marc Kachelriess and Willi A. Kalender -- Radiation dose from CT of the heart / Cynthia H. McCollough -- Coronary calcium screening: an epidemiologic perspective / Christopher J. O'Donnell and Udo Hoffmann -- Coronary calcium scanning: why we should perform it / Axel Schmermund, Stefan Möhlenkamp and Raimund Erbel -- Detection and quantification of coronary calcium with electron beam CT -- Axel Schmermund, Stefan Möhlenkamp and Raimund Erbel -- Detection and quantification of coronary calcium with dual slice CT / Joseph Shemesh --Detection and quantification of calcified coronary plaque with multidetector-row CT / J. Jeffrey Carr -- Coronary calcium scoring with multidetector-row CT: rationale and scoring techniques / Roman Fischbach and David Maintz -- Noninvasive quantification of coronary calcium: quantification methods, scanner types, scan protocols, accuracy, and reproducibility / Stefan Ulzheimer, Kaiss Shanneik and Willi A. Kalender -- CT of the pericardium / Reinhard Groell -- Multidetector-row CT for assessment of cardiac valves / Jürgen K. Willmann and Dominik Weishaupt -- Multislice CT of the heart and great vessels in congenital heart disease patients / Jean-François Paul -- Imaging of cardiac and paracardiac masses and pseudotumors / Bernd J. Wintersperger -- Multidetector-row CT assessment of left-ventricular function / Kai Uwe Juergens and Roman Fischbach -- Imaging intramyocardial microcirculatory function using fast computed tomography / Stefan Möhlenkamp ... [et al.] --Approaches for assessing myocardial viability with multidetector-row CT / Yasushi Koyama and Teruhito Mochizuki -- Anatomy of the coronary arteries and veins in CT imaging / Robert J.M. van Geuns and Filipo Cademartiri -- Techniques and protocols for acquisition and display of contrast-enhanced CT coronary angiography / Christoph R. Becker -- Contrast material injection techniques for CT angiography of the coronary arteries / Filippo Cademartiri and Koen Nieman -- Visualization techniques for contrast-enhanced CT angiography of coronary arteries / Jean-Louis Sablayrolles and Pascal Giat -- CT angiography for assessment of coronary artery anomalies / Steffen C. Froehner ... [et al.] -- Multidetector-row CT for assessment of Kawasaki's disease / Toru Sakuma and Kunihiko Fukuda -- Multidectector-row CT of the coronary arteries for planning of minimally invasive bypass surgery / Christopher Herzog, Selami Dogan and Thomas J. Vogl --CT angiography for assessment of coronary bypass grafts / Marcello De Santis -- Contrast-enhanced electron beam CT and multidetector-row CT in the evaluation of coronary stent patency / Heiko Pump ... [et al.] -- CT angiography for the detection of coronary artery stenosis / Koen Nieman and Filippo Cademartiri -- Complementary use of coronary calcium scoring and CT angiography / Alexander W. Leber -- CT vs magnetic resonance for imaging of the coronary arteries / Armin Huber -- Pathology and pathophysiology of coronary atherosclerotic plaques / Renu Virmani ... [et al.] -- Pathogenesis of the vulnerable atherosclerotic plaque / Masanori Aikawa -- Multidetector-row CT imaging of clinical and preclinical coronary atherosclerosis / Christoph R. Becker -- Multidetector-row CT vs intravascular ultrasound for coronary plaque characterization / Axel Kuettner -- Multidetector-Row CT vs magnetic resonance imaging for coronary plaque characterization / Konstantin Nikolaou, Christoph R. Becker, and Zahi Fayad -- Multidetector-row CT for detection of noncalcified and calcified coronary lesions: clinical significance / Stephen Schroeder.
- CT- and MR-guided interventions in radiology 2009, Springer
- CT- and MR-guided interventions in radiology. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerInterventional radiology is an indispensable and still expanding area of modern medicine that encompasses numerous diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Cross-sectional imaging modalities such as computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) have emerged as important techniques for non-vascular interventions, including percutaneous biopsy, drainage, ablation, and neurolysis. Various organs, diseases, and lesions can be approached in this way, permitting the treatment and management of tumors, fluid collections, and pain, the embolization of endoleaks, the provision of access to hollow organs, etc. Accordingly, interventional radiology is now an integral component of the interdisciplinary management of numerous disorders. The revised and significantly extended second edition of this volume covers a broad range of non-vascular interventions guided by CT or MR imaging. Indications, materials, techniques, and results are all carefully discussed. A particularly comprehensive section is devoted to interventional oncology as the most rapidly growing branch of interventional radiology. In addition, detailed information is provided that will assist in establishing and developing an interventional service. This richly illustrated book will be a most valuable source of information and guidance for all radiologists who deal with non-vascular procedures.
- Current protocols in magnetic resonance imaging 2002-, Wiley
- This book is a comprehensive introduction to ultrasonography of the skin, nails, and scalp as it relates to the assessment and diagnosis of dermatologic diseases. It provides a concise understanding of the diagnosis of dermatologic conditions through extensive high-resolution gray scale and color Doppler ultrasound images and presents classical correlations of clinical dermatologic lesions with sonographic and histologic findings.
- Diagnostic endoscopy 2014, CRCnetBASESection 1. Basics of endoscopy and light-tissue interactions -- section 2. Endoscopic field imaging modalities -- section 3. Endoscopic point spectroscopy -- section 4. Endoscopic "point" microscopy -- section 5. Clinical applications.
- Diagnostic imaging for the emergency physician 2011, ScienceDirectImaging the head and brain / Joshua Broder and Robert Preston -- Imaging the face / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine / Joshua Broder -- Imaging soft tissues of the neck / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the chest : the chest radiograph / Joshua Broder -- Imaging chest trauma / Joshua S. Broder -- Imaging of pulmonary embolism and nontraumatic aortic pathology / Joshua Broder -- Cardiac CT imaging / Joshua Broder -- Imaging of nontraumatic abdominal conditions / Joshua Broder -- Imaging abdominal and flank trauma / Joshua Broder -- Imaging abdominal vascular catastrophes /Joshua Broder -- Imaging the genitourinary tract / Joshua Broder -- Imaging of the pelvis and hip / Joshua Broder -- Imaging the extremities / Joshua Broder -- Emergency department applications of musculoskeletal magnetic resonance imaging : an evidence-based assessment / Joshua Broder -- "Therapeutic imaging" : image-guided therapies in emergency medicine / Joshua Broder.
- Diagnostic imaging of musculoskeletal diseases 2010, SpringerBone Structure and Function / Fayez F. Safadi and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Systematic Approach to Metabolic Diseases of Bone / Akbar Bonakdarpour -- Systematic Approach to Radiology of Endocrine Disorders Affecting the Musculoskeletal System / Akbar Bonakdarpour and Colleen Veloski -- Circulatory Diseases of Bone and Adjacent Soft Tissues / Wilfred C.G. Peh and Seoung-Oh Yang -- Imaging Approach to Musculoskeletal Trauma / William R. Reinus -- Imaging and Understanding Fracture Fixation / Bahman Rafiee -- Systematic Approach to Tumors and Focal Lesions of Bone / Shigeru Ehara and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Systematic Approach to Tumors and Tumor-Like Conditions of Soft Tissue / Theodore T. Miller, Carolyn M. Sofka, Paul Zhang and Jasvir S. Khurana -- Imaging Approach to Hemoglobinopathies / Avneesh Chhabra and William R. Reinus -- Imaging Approach to Musculoskeletal Infections / William R. Reinus -- Systematic Approach to Arthropathies / William R. Reinus -- Imaging of Prostheses / Sayed Ali and William R. Reinus -- Systematic Approach to Skeletal Dysplasias with Emphasis on Non-lethal Disorders / Akbar Bonakdarpour -- Interventional Procedures in Musculoskeletal Radiology / Jamshid Tehranzadeh, Scott Seibert and Afshin Gangi.
- Diagnostic nuclear medicine. 2nd rev. ed. 2006, Springer1. Introduction / Christiaan Schiepers, p. 1-4 -- Part 1. Clinical Applications -- 2. Neurochemical Imaging with Emission Tomography: Clinical Applications / Giovanni Lucignani and James Frost, p. 7-37 -- 3. Assessment of Myocardial Viability by Radionuclide Techniques / Roxana Campisi, Felix Keng and Heinrich Schelbert, p. 39-59 -- 4. Thromboembolism Imaging / Henry Royal and David Hillier, p. 61-81-- 5. Renal Imaging / François Jamar and Raffaella Barone, p. 83-100 -- 6. Skeletal Scintigraphy / Christiaan Schiepers, p. 101-111 -- 7. Imaging Infection and Inflammation / Huub Rennen, Chantal Bleeker-Rovers and Wim Oyen, p. 113-126 -- 8. Gastrointestinal Nuclear Medicine / Jean-Luc Urbain, p. 127-134 -- 9. Hepatobiliary Scintigraphy / Mark Tulchinsky, p. 135-152 -- 10. Peptide Imaging / Irene Virgolini and T. Traub-Weidinger, p. 153-184 --11. FDG-PET Imaging in Oncology / Christiaan Schiepers and Carl Hoh, p. 185-204 -- 12. PET/CT in Lung, Head and Neck Cancer / Hans Steinert, Gerhard Goerres and Gustav von Schulthess, p. 205-214 -- 13. PET/CT Imaging in Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancers, Gynecological Cancers and Lymphoma / Martin Allen-Auerbach, Johannes Czernin and Christiaan Schiepers, p. 215-225 -- 14. Pediatric Nuclear Medicine: A Coming of Age / Helen Nadel and Moira Stilwell, p. 227-244 -- Part 2. Basics of Scintigraphic Imaging -- 15. Radiopharmaceuticals: Recent Developments and Trends / Guy Bormans, Kristin Verbeke and Alfons Verbruggen, p. 247-274 -- 16. Instrumentation and Data Acquisition / Sibylle Ziegler and Magnus Dahlbom, p. 275-290 -- 17. Image Formation / Johan Nuyts and Dirk Bequé, p. 291-310 -- Part 3. Future Outlook -- 18. Imaging Gene Expression: Concepts and Future Outlook / Meike Schipper and Sanjiv Gambhir, p. 313-342 -- 19. Quo Vadis? / Christiaan Schiepers, p. 343-344.
- Diagnostic ultrasound 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Diffuse low-grade gliomas in adults 2013, SpringerThe biology, behavior and management of diffuse low-grade gliomas (DLGG) in adults have been matters of controversy for many decades. However, recent technical and conceptual advances in genetics, imaging and treatments have paved the way towards individualized management. In addition, advancing knowledge of brain processing means that it is possible to take into consideration the interaction between the disease (low-grade glioma) and the host (the brain) and thus to modulate the therapeutic strategies with the goal to increase the median survival as well as to improve the quality of life. Diffuse Low-Grade Gliomas in Adults: Natural History, Interaction with the Brain, and New Individualized Therapeutic Strategies presents the latest research pertaining to the diagnosis, therapy and management of diffuse low-grade gliomas (DLGG) in adults, with a particular focus on the path towards individualized therapy for this kind of tumor. Recent research on the natural history of DLGGs and their interaction with the brain has led to new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies which increase survival and quality of life of the patient, and these methods are described in this book. This book uniquely focuses on addressing diffuse low-grade gliomas in adults and is a valuable resource for medical oncologists, neuro-oncologists and neurologists.
- Diffusion MRI outside the brain 2012, Springer1. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging: Acquisition and Biophysical Basis / Javier Sánchez-González and Javier Lafuente-Martínez -- 2. How to Identify and Avoid Artifacts on DWI / Javier Sánchez-González -- 3. Quantification and Postprocessing of DWI / Javier Sánchez-González and Antonio Luna -- 4. DWI at 3 T: Advantages, Disadvantages, Pitfalls, and Advanced Clinical Applications / Javier Sánchez-González and Antonio Luna -- 5. DWI of the Liver / Antonio Luna and Luis Luna -- 6. Diffusion-Weighted MR Imaging of the Pancreas / Jorge A. Soto, German A. Castrillon, Stephan Anderson, and Nagaraj Holalkere -- 7. Diffusion-Weighted MR Imaging of the Renal and Adrenal Glands / Nagaraj Holalkere, Stephan Anderson, and Jorge A. Soto -- 8. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging of Prostate, Bladder, and Retroperitoneum / Joan C. Vilanova, Roberto García-Figueiras, Joaquim Barceló, and Antonio Luna -- 9. Use of DWI in Female Pelvis / German A. Castrillon, Stephan Anderson, Nagaraj Holalkere, and Jorge A. Soto -- 10. DWI of the Breast / Joaquim Barceló, Joan C. Vilanova, and Antonio Luna -- 11. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging of the Gastrointestinal Tract and Peritoneum / German A. Castrillon, Stephan Anderson, Jorge A. Soto, and Antonio Luna -- 12. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging of Anorectal Region / Lidia Alcalá, Teodoro Martín, and Antonio Luna -- 13. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging in the Evaluation of Lung, Mediastinum, Heart, and Chest Wall / Antonio Luna, Teodoro Martín, and Javier Sánchez González -- 14. Role of DWI in the Evaluation of Tumors of the Head and Neck and in the Assessment of Lymph Nodes / Inmaculada Rodriguez, Teodoro Martín, and Antonio Luna -- 15. Musculoskeletal Applications of DWI / Joan C. Vilanova, Sandra Baleato, and Elda Balliu -- 16. Whole-Body Applications of DWI / Joan C. Vilanova, Sandra Baleato, Joaquim Barceló, and Antonio Luna.
- Diffusion tensor imaging 2013, SpringerDiffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) is a variation of diffusion-weighed imaging. Particularly in the neurosciences, this technique has gained tremendous momentum in the past decade, both from a technical point of view as well as in its applications. DTI is mainly used in neurological diagnosis and psychiatric and neurologic research, e.g. in order to locate brain tumors and depict their invasivity. DTI offers a unique in-vivo insight into the three-dimensional structure of the human central nervous system. While easy interpretation and evaluation is often hampered by the complexity of both the technique and neuroanatomy, this atlas helps you recognize every one of the important structures rapidly and unambiguously.In the introduction, this atlas provides a concise outline of the evolution of diffusion imaging and describes its potential applications. In the core part of the atlas, the neuroanatomically important structures are clearly labeled both on DTI-derived color maps and conventional MRI. Complex fiber architecture is illustrated schematically and described concisely in textboxes directly on the relevant page. In the final part of the atlas, a straightforward, step-by-step approach for the three-dimensional reconstruction of the most prominent fiber structures is given, and potential pitfalls are indicated.The atlas aims at neuroscientists, neuroanatomists, neurologists, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, physicists, and computer scientists. For advanced users, the atlas may serve as a reference work, while students and scientists are thoroughly introduced into DTI.
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of the brain 2005, Springer
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of the brain. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Digital image processing for ophthalmology 2011, AtyponFundus images of the retina are color images of the eye taken by specially designed digital cameras. Ophthalmologists rely on fundus images to diagnose various diseases that affect the eye, such as diabetic retinopathy and retinopathy of prematurity. A crucial preliminary step in the analysis of retinal images is the identification and localization of important anatomical structures, such as the optic nerve head (ONH), the macula, and the major vascular arcades. Identification of the ONH is an important initial step in the detection and analysis of the anatomical structures and pathological features in the retina. Different types of retinal pathology may be detected and analyzed via the application of appropriately designed techniques of digital image processing and pattern recognition. Computer-aided analysis of retinal images has the potential to facilitate quantitative and objective analysis of retinal lesions and abnormalities. Accurate identification and localization of retinal features and lesions could contribute to improved diagnosis, treatment, and management of retinopathy.
- Digital image processing. 6th rev. and ext. ed. 2005, Springer
- Digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) 2008, Springer
- Part I. Introduction to DICOM -- 1. What Is DICOM? -- 2. How does DICOM work? 3. Where do you get DICOM from? -- Part II. DICOM and clinical data -- 4. A brief history of DICOM -- 5. Parlez-vous DICOM? 6. Medical images in DICOM -- Part III. DICOM comunications -- 7. DICOM SOPs: Basic 8. DICOM SOPs: Beyond basic -- 9. DICOM associations -- Part IV: DICOM media and security -- 10. DICOM media: files, folders, and DICOMDIRs -- 11. DICOM security -- 12. Incompatibility of compatible -- Part V. Advanced topics -- 13. DICOM and teleradiology -- 14. Standards and system integration in digital medicine -- 15. Disaster PACS planning and management -- 16. DICOM applications: usual and not -- 17. DICOM software development -- 18. DICOM implementation plans -- 19. DICOM FAQs.
- Digital mammography 2010, Springer
- Digital mammography 2008, Springer
- Digital microscopy. 3rd ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Digital microscopy. 4th edition. [4th ed.} 2013, ScienceDirect
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2006, Springer
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis, 2010-2013 2011, Springer
- Diseases of the brain, head & neck, spine 2008, Springer
- Diseases of the brain, head & neck, spine 2012-2015 2012, Springerpt. 1.Workshops --Brain Tumors /Edmond A. Knopp and Walter Montanera --Mass Lesions of the Brain: A Differential Diagnostic Approach /Michael Brant-Zawadzki --Differential Diagnosis of Brain Masses /James G. Smirniotopoulos and Steven J. Goldstein --Evaluation of Cerebral Vessels /Robert A. Willinsky --Evaluation of the Cerebral Vessels: Endovascular Therapy /Mary E. Jensen --Brain Ischemia: CT and MRI Techniques in Acute Stroke /Jens Fiehler and Howard A. Rowley --Hemorrhagic Vascular Pathologies, I /James Byrne --Hemorrhagic Vascular Pathologies, II /Martin Wiesmann --Demyelinating Diseases /Kelly K. Koeller and Frederik Barkhof --Degenerative Brain Disease and Aging /Marco Essig and Mark A. van Buchem --Neuroradiological Diagnosis of Craniocerebral Trauma: Current Concepts /Paul M. Parizel and C. Douglas Phillips --Nontraumatic Neuroemergencies, I /Patrick A. Brouwer --Nontraumatic Neuroemergencies, II /John R. Hesselink --Epilepsy and Neuroimaging /Linda J. Bagley and Timo Krings --Infectious Diseases of the Central Nervous System /Vincent Dousset and Alain Bonafé --Cerebral Infections /David J. Mikulis --Diseases of the Sella and Parasellar Region /Walter Kucharczyk and Charles L. Truwit --Temporal Bone and Auditory Pathways /Jan W. Casselman and Francis Veillon --Imaging Diseases of the Pharynx and Oral Cavity /Wendy R. K. Smoker and Bernhard Schuknecht --Diseases of the Larynx /Martin G. Mack and Hugh D. Curtin --Extramucosal Spaces of the Suprahyoid Neck /Laurie A. Loevner --Sinonasal Imaging /David M. Yousem --Degenerative Disc Disease of the Spine: Anatomic and Imaging Considerations /Michael T. Modic and Christian W. A. Pfirrmann --Acute Spinal Trauma /Pia C. Sundgren and Adam E. Flanders --Spinal Cord Inflammatory and Demyelinating Diseases /Majda M. Thurnher --Spinal Inflammatory and Infectious Diseases /Jeffrey S. Ross --Congenital and Acquired Abnormalities of the Pediatric Brain /William S. Ball and Thierry A. G. M. Huisman --Imaging of Pediatric Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors /Tina Young Poussaint and Andrea Rossi --pt. 2.Nuclear Medicine Satellite Course Diamond --Imaging Alzheimer in 2011 /Marieke Hazewinkel and Frederik Barkhof --Quantification of NeuroPET: When to Use It /Alfred Buck --Radioiodine Therapy: Current Imaging Concepts Introduction /Luca Giovanella --Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Brain Tumors /Ian Law --Nuclear Imaging of Neurovascular Disease /Ian Law --Integrated PET-CT and PET-MR: Pitfalls and Applications in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma /Laurie A. Loevner --PET Imaging of Dementia /Osama Sabri, Solveig Tiepolt, Swen Hesse and Henryk Barthel --Clinical SPECT and PET for Management of Patients with Refractory Epilepsy /Koen Van Laere, Karolien Goffin and Wim Van Paesschen --pt. 3.Pediatric Satellite Course Kangaroo --Hemorrhage, Stroke, and Ischemia of the Neonatal Brain /Maria I. Argyropoulou --Accidental and Nonaccidental Injury of the Pediatric Brain and Spine /Thierry A. G. M. Huisman --Acquired Infectious and Autoimmune Diseases of the Pediatric Central Nervous System /Andrea Rossi --Imaging of the Phakomatoses in Children /Tina Young Poussaint --pt. 4.Breast Imaging Satellite Course --MRI of the Breast: Technique, Indications, and BI-RADS Classification /Karen Kinkel --Microcalcifications of the Breast: An Approach to Radiologic Classification /Markus Müller-Schimpfle --Ultrasound of the Breast, Including Interventions: An Update /Alexander Mundinger --Mammography: Diagnosis of Asymmetries, Masses and Architectural Distortion /Christian Weismann.
- Diseases of the heart, chest & breast 2007, Springer
- Diseases of the heart, chest, including breast 2011-2014 2011, Springer
- Doppler ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Dual source CT imaging 2008, Springer
- Duvernoy's Atlas of the human brain stem and cerebellum 2009, Springer
- Dynamic brain imaging 2009, Springer ProtocolsDynamic imaging of brain function / Fahmeed Hyder -- Fractal characterization of complexity in dynamic signals : application to cerebral hemodynamics / Peter Herman, Laszlo Kocsis, and Andras Eke -- Wide-field and two-photon imaging of brain activity with voltage- and calcium-sensitive dyes / Ryota Homma ... [et al.] -- Two-photon imaging of capillary blood flow in olfactory bulb glomeruli / Pascale Tiret ... [et al.] -- Astrocytic calcium signaling : mechanism and implications for functional brain imaging / Xiaohai Wang, Takahiro Takano, and Maiken Nedergaard -- Using the light scattering component of optical intrinsic signals to visualize in vivo functional structures of neural tissues / Uma Maheswari Rajagopalan, Kazushige Tsunoda, and Manabu Tanifuji -- Methods for studying functional interactions among neuronal populations / Nandakumar S. Narayanan and Mark Laubach -- Magnetoencephalography (MEG) / Andreas A. Ioannides -- Functiional neuroimaging of spike-wave seizures / Joshua E. Motelow and Hal Blumenfeld -- Tactile and non-tactile sensory paradigms for fMRI and neurophysiologic studies in rodents / Basavaraju G. Sanganahalli ... [et al.] -- Using fMRI for elucidating dynamic interactions / Yul-Wan Sung and Seiji Ogawa -- Resting-state functional connectivity in animal models : modulations by exsanguination / Bharat B. Biswal and Sridhar S. Kannurpatti -- Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging of cerebral blood flow using arterial spin labeling / Afonso C. Silva and Fernando F. Paiva -- Dynamic MRI of small electrical activity / Allen W. Song, Trong-Kha Truong, Marty Woldorff -- Advanced in vivo heteronuclear MRS approaches for studying brain bioenergetics driven by mitochondria / Xiao-Hong Zhu ... [et al.]
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI atlas of prostate cancer 2009, Springer
- Echo manual. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidHow to obtain a good echocardiography examination: ultrasound physics, technique, and medical knowledge -- Transthoracic echocardiography: M-mode, two-dimensional, and three-dimensional -- Transesophageal and intracardiac echocardiography / Jae K. Oh ... [et al.] -- Doppler echocardiography and color flow imaging: comprehensive noninvasive hemodynamic assessment -- Tissue doppler imaging, strain imaging, and dyssynchrony assessment / Brian D. Powell ... [et al.] -- Contrast echocardiography -- Assessment of systolic function and quantification of cardiac chambers -- Assessment of diastolic function and diastolic heart failure -- Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vein stenosis -- Coronary artery disease and acute myocardial infarction -- Stress echocardiography -- Valvular heart disease -- Prosthetic valve evaluation -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiomyopathies -- Cardiac diseases due to systemic illness, genetics, medication, or infection -- Pericardial diseases -- Tumors and masses -- Diseases of the aorta -- Echocardiography in congenital heart disease: an overview / Frank Cetta, Jr., James B. Seward, Patrick W. O'Leary -- Intraoperative echocardiography / Roger L. Click, Jae K. Oh -- Vascular imaging and tonometry / A. Rauoof Malik, Iftikhar J. Kullo -- Goal-directed and comprehensive examination.
- Echocardiographic anatomy in the fetus 2008, Springer
- Echocardiography for intensivists 2012, Springer
- Echocardiography in mitral valve disease 2013, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive account of the role of echocardiography in patients with mitral valve disease. The normal echocardiographic anatomy of the mitral valve is first presented, and the applications of echocardiography in mitral valve disease are then covered in detail by experts from different subspecialties in cardiology. Topics include etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, assessment of severity, and role of echocardiography in percutaneous and surgical techniques. The highly readable text is supported by a wealth of color images obtained with 3D echocardiography, currently the gold standard for the evaluation of mitral valve disease. The interdisciplinary approach used in describing the diagnostic and therapeutic applications will make this book useful for the clinical cardiologist as well as the echocardiographer. It will allow cardiologists to advance their knowledge in the field and will serve as an excellent updating tool for professionals engaged in echocardiography and cardiac diagnostic imaging.
- EEG-fMRI 2010, Springer
- Electron microscopy of model systems. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Electron Microscopy of Viruses -- Chapter 2. Bacterial TEM : New Insights from Cryo-Microscopy -- Chapter 3. Analysis of the Ultrastructure of Archaea by Electron Microscopy -- Chapter 4. Chlamydomonas : Cryopreparation Methods for the 3-D Analysis of Cellular Organelles -- Chapter 5. Ultrastructure of the Asexual Blood Stages of Plasmodium falciparum -- Chapter 6. Electron Tomography and Immuno-labeling of Tetrahymena thermophila Basal Bodies -- Chapter 7. Electron Microscopy of Paramecium (Ciliata).
- Emergency neuroradiology 2006, Springer
- Emission tomography 2004, ScienceDirect
- Encyclopedia of diagnostic imaging 2008, Springerv. 1. A-K -- v. 2. L-Z.
- Encyclopedia of imaging science and technology 2002, Wiley
- Endobronchial ultrasound 2009, Springer
- Endoscopic ultrasound 2010, Springer
- Enhancing the role of ultrasound with contrast agents 2006, Springer
- ESC Textbook of cardiovascular imaging 2010, Springer
- Essential echocardiography 2007, SpringerEchocardiographic instumentation and principles of doppler echocardiography / Scott D. Solomon -- Introduction to imaging: the normal examination / Dara Lee and Scott D. Solomon -- Protocol and nomenclature in transthoracic echocardiography / Bernard E. Bulwer and Jose Rivero -- Clinical utility of echocardiography / Bernard E. Bulwer, Faisal Shamshad, and Scott D. Solomon -- Echocardiographic assessment of ventricular systolic function / Bernard E. Bulwer, Scott D. Solomon, and Rajesh Janardhanan -- Echocardiographic assessment of diastolic function / Carolyn Y. Ho -- Echocardiography in myocardial infarction / Justina C. Wu -- Stress echocardiography : indications, protocols, and interpretation / Edmund A. Bermudez and Ming Hui Chen -- Cardiomyopathies / Bernard E. Bulwer and Scott D. Solomon -- Pericardial disease / Ashvin N. Pande and Leonard S. Lilly -- Echocardiographic assessment of aortic stenosis / Edmund A. Bermudez -- Echocardiographic evaluation of aortic regurgitation / Susan M. Sallach and Sharon C. Reimold -- Mitral stenosis / Robert J. Ostfeld -- Mitral regurgitation / Jacqueline Suk Danik and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Infective endocarditis / Nagesh S. Anavekar, Marcus Averbach, and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Role of echocardiography in the management of atrial fibrillation / Warren J. Manning -- Cardiac source of embolus / Justina C. Wu -- Echocardiography in pulmonary embolism and secondary pulmonary hypertension / David Aguilar and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Cardiac masses and tumors / Justina C. Wu -- Aortic dissection and other diseases of the aorta / Laura Benzaquen -- Echocardiography in the assessment of artrial septal defects / Edmund A. Bermudez -- Adult congenital heart disease in general echocardiography practice : an introduction / Bernard E. Bulwer and Michael J. Landzberg -- Transesophageal echocardiography multiplane examination primer / Bernard E. Bulwer and Stanton K. Shernan.
- Essential radiology for sports medicine 2010, SpringerKnee injuries / Melanie A. Hopper and Andrew J. Grainger -- Hip, pelvis, and groin injuries / Philip Robinson -- Ankle and foot injuries / Ne Siang Chew ... [et al.] -- Osseous stress injury in athletes / Melanie A. Hopper and Philip Robinson -- Shoulder injuries / Andrew J. Grainger and Philip F.J. Tirman -- Elbow injuries / Kenneth S. Lee, Michael J. Tuite, and Humberto G. Rosas -- Hand and wrist injuries / Philip J. O'Connor -- Postoperative imaging in sports medicine / Ali Naraghi and Lawrence M. White -- Muscle injury and complications / Abhijit Datir and David A. Connell -- Sports-related disorders of the spine and sacrum / Rob Campbell and Andrew Dunn -- Ultrasound-guided sports intervention / Philip J. O'Connor.
- Essentials of clinical MR 2011, Thieme"The objective of this book is to serve as a practical educational resource for clinical magnetic resonance imaging. The bulk of the text is organized along anatomic lines and discusses disease entities commonly encountered in clinical practice. The focus is illustrating and describing the MR appearances of the most commonly imaged disease entities, covering briefly in each area important points relative to imaging techniques then discussing in depth, the clinical MR interpretation. The breadth of clinical MRI is explored. For each subtopic within an anatomic region, clinical cases serve as the backbone for discussion, the most common pathologies affecting each anatomic region being illustrated. The final chapters discuss specifically contrast media and contrast enhanced MRA, two topics worthy of further description due to their present clinical importance. When relevant to diagnosis or essential for understanding, MR physics is discussed, however the reader is referred separately to Runge et al, The Physics of Clinical MR Taught Through Images 2nd Edition (New York: Thieme; 2009) for further elaboration. It is the goal that upon completing this text, the reader will have an appreciation for the complexity, utility, and versatility of MR in clinical imaging and will possess the knowledge essential for interpretation of basic clinical MR examinations"--Provided by publisher.
- Essentials of functional MRI 2011, CRCnetBASE"During the last two decades, new developments in functional MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) have made it possible to detect changes in the brain over time, as opposed to the "snapshot" produced by conventional MRI. Essentials of Functional MRI breaks down the technical challenges for physicians, researchers, and technologists who use functional MRI but may not be experts in the necessary math and physics. The author describes the theory and practical details of functional MRI (fMRI) methodology, including how to acquire and analyze images, and a wide range of examples demonstrate how fMRI has been used thus far. The author provides the essential information to study, understand, use, and teach the practical aspects of fMRI for those people who are most likely to extend its use into clinical practice"--Provided by publisher.
- Essentials of nuclear medicine imaging. 6th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectRadioactivity, radionuclides, and radiopharmaceuticals -- Instrumentation and quality control -- Central nervous system -- Thyroid, parathyroid, and salivary glands -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Skeletal system -- Genitourinary system and adrenal glands -- Non-PET neoplasm imaging and radioimmunotherapy -- ¹⁸F-FDG PET/CT neoplasm imaging -- Inflammation and infection imaging -- Authorized user and radioisotope safety issues -- Self-evaluation. Unknown case sets -- Answers to unknown case sets -- Appendix A: Characteristics of radionuclides for imaging and therapy -- Appendix B-1: Radioactivity conversion table for International System (SI) Units (Becquerels to Curies) -- Appendix B-2: Radioactivity conversion table for International System (SI) Units (Curies to Becquerels) -- Appendix C-1: Technetium-99m decay and generation tables -- Appendix C-2: Other radionuclide decay tables -- Appendix D: Injection techniques and pediatric dosages -- Appendix E-1: Sample techniques for nuclear imaging -- Appendix E-2: Abnormal radio pharmaceutical distribution as a result of medications and other extrinsic factors -- Appendix F: Nonradioactive pharmaceuticals in nuclear medicine -- Appendix G: Pregnancy and breastfeeding -- Appendix H-1: General considerations for hospitalized patients receiving radionuclide therapy -- Appendix H-2: Special considerations and requirements for iodine-131 therapy -- Appendix I: Emergency procedures for spills of radioactive materials.
- Evidence-based imaging in pediatrics 2010, Springer
- Evidence-based imaging. Rev. ed. 2011, Springer
- Evidence-based neuroimaging diagnosis and treatment 2013, Springer
- Extra-cranial applications of diffusion-weighted MRI 2011, CambridgeBasic physical principles of body diffusion-weighted imaging / Eric E. Sigmund and Jens Jensen -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of the liver / Bachir Taouli and Dow-Mu Koh -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of diffuse renal disease and kidney transplant / Frederik De Keyzer and Harriet C. Thoeny -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of focal renal masses / Sooah Kim and Bachir Taouli -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of the pancreas / Tomoaki Ichikawa ... [et al.] -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of the prostate / Sophie F. Riches and Nandita DeSouza -- Breast applications of diffusion-weighted MRI / Yong Guo -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of lymph nodes / Thomas C. Kwee and Taro Takahara -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of female pelvic tumors / Hela Sbano and Anwar R. Padhani -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of the bone marrow and the spine / Olaf Dietrich and Andrea Baur-Melnyk -- Diffusion-weighted MRI of soft tissue tumors / Masayuki Maeda -- Evaluation of tumor treatment response with diffusion-weighted MRI / Andriy M. Babsky, Shenghong Ju and Navin Bansal -- Diffusion-weighted MRI: future directions / Dow-Mu Koh and David J. Collins.
- Fetal MRI 2011, Springer
- fMRI. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerSince functional MRI (fMRI) and the basic method of BOLD imaging were introduced in 1993 by Seiji Ogawa, fMRI has evolved into an invaluable clinical tool for routine brain imaging, and there have been substantial improvements in both the imaging technique itself and the associated statistical analysis. This book provides a state of the art overview of fMRI and its use in clinical practice. Experts in the field share their knowledge and explain how to overcome diverse potential technical barriers and problems. Starting from the very basics on the origin of the BOLD signal, the book covers technical issues, anatomical landmarks, the full range of clinical applications, methods of statistical analysis, and special issues in various clinical fields. Comparisons are made with other brain mapping techniques, such as DTI, PET, TMS, EEG, and MEG, and their combined use with fMRI is also discussed. Since the first edition, original chapters have been updated and new chapters added, covering both novel aspects of analysis and further important clinical applications.
- Focal liver lesions 2005, Springer
- Fractal analysis of breast masses in mammograms 2012, AtyponFractal analysis is useful in digital image processing for the characterization of shape roughness and gray-scale texture or complexity. Breast masses present shape and gray-scale characteristics in mammograms that vary between benign masses and malignant tumors. This book demonstrates the use of fractal analysis to classify breast masses as benign masses or malignant tumors based on the irregularity exhibited in their contours and the gray-scale variability exhibited in their mammographic images. A few different approaches are described to estimate the fractal dimension (FD) of the contour of a mass, including the ruler method, box-counting method, and the power spectral analysis (PSA) method. Procedures are also described for the estimation of the FD of the gray-scale image of a mass using the blanket method and the PSA method.
- From basic cardiac imaging to image fusion 2013, SpringerThe recent development of three-dimensional imaging techniques has provided an enormous amount of information relevant to the clinical management of patients at low and high risk for coronary artery disease. However, while progress in each individual technique has been rapid, the correlation of findings obtained with radiology, nuclear medicine, and magnetic resonance imaging is still relatively neglected. In this book, qualified experts in cardiac imaging present the basic concepts of cardiac disease and imaging and compare the findings obtained in particular subspecialties with those acquired using other techniques. In this way the reader will learn how images and techniques can be integrated in clinical practice to the benefit of the patient. In addition, the issue is addressed of reducing the patient's exposure to ionizing radiation through appropriate multimodality integration. Physicians ranging from cardiac surgeons to internal medicine specialists and even public health administrators will find this book invaluable in understanding the role of hybrid cardiac imaging.
- Functional electromyography 2011, SpringerElectricity in medicine: philosophy meets physiology -- Electrodiagnosis and the physical examination: casting a fine net widely -- Dynamic electrodiagnosis: provocative/evocative maneuvers define diagnoses of exclusion and refine dual diagnoses -- Neurological thoracic outlet syndrome: approaching a pathognomonic sign -- Treating neurological thoracic outlet syndrome identified by a provoked electromyographic sign: analysis of the data -- Piriformis syndrome: electrophysiology vs anatomical assumption -- Treating piriformis syndrome identified by a provoked electromyographic sign: analysis of the data -- Radiculopathy vs spinal stenosis: evocative electrodiagnosis identifies the main pain generator -- Treating spinal stenosis identified by an evoked electromyographic sign: analysis of the data -- Extending dynamic electrodiagnosis: application to common and uncommon conditions.
- Functional MRI 2006, Springer
- Functional neuroimaging in exercise and sport sciences 2012, SpringerPart 1.Theoretical Background, Animal Models, and Basic Sciences --Exercise and the Brain: Neurogenesis, Synaptic Plasticity, Spine Density, and Angiogenesis /Zejun Wang and Henriette van Praag --Molecular Mechanisms for the Ability of Exercise Supporting Cognitive Abilities and Counteracting Neurological Disorders /Fernando Gómez-Pinilla and Cameron Feng --Opioids and Exercise: Animal Models /Rod K. Dishman and Philip V. Holmes --The Monoaminergic System in Animal Models of Exercise /Romain Meeusen and Vinciane Fontenelle --Part 2.Methods for Human Neuroimaging in Exercise and Sport Sciences: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects --Methods for Measurement of Physical Fitness and Training Recommendations in Studies on Humans /Wildor Hollmann, Helge Knigge, Axel Knicker and Heiko K. Strüder --Psychological Assessments in Physical Exercise /Marcel Daamen and Markus Raab --Assessing Somatosensory Profiles and Autonomic Nervous System Responses in Physical Exercise Studies /Michael Valet, Till Sprenger, Lukas Scheef and Henning Boecker --Humoral Factors in Humans Participating in Different Types of Exercise and Training /Sandra Rojas Vega, Wildor Hollmann and Heiko K. Strüder --EEG: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects /Stefan Schneider and Heiko K. Strüder --NIRS: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects /Matthias Kohl-Bareis --Theoretical Background of MR Imaging /Lukas Scheef and Frank Träber --Functional and Structural MRI: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects /Lukas Scheef and Henning Boecker --PET: Theoretical Background and Practical Aspects /Isabelle Miederer and Henning Boecker --Part 3.Effects of Exercise on Brain Perfusion, Metabolism, and Structure --NIRS for Measuring Cerebral Hemodynamic Responses During Exercise /Stéphane Perrey --PET Studies of Brain Metabolism in Exercise Research /Manabu Tashiro, Toshihiko Fujimoto, Mohammad Mehedi Masud, Sabina Khondkar and Shoichi Watanuki, et al. --Physical Exercise and the Resting Brain /Christina E. Hugenschmidt, Paul J. Laurienti and Jonathan H. Burdette --Structural Plasticity Induced by Physical Exercise /Destiny L. Miller, Andrea M. Weinstein and Kirk I. Erickson --Part 4.Effects of Exercise on Cognitive Processing --The Relation of ERP Indices of Exercise to Brain Health and Cognition /Charles H. Hillman, Keita Kamijo and Matthew B. Pontifex --Relationship Between Exercise and Cognitive Processing Studied by MRI in Elderly People /Kirk I. Erickson, Sarah E. Banducci and Stephanie L. Akl --Cross-sectional Studies on the Influence of Exercise on Brain Structure, Functional Activation, and Cognition in Health and Disease /Agnes Flöel and Stefan Knecht --Part 5.Effects of Exercise on Affective Processing --The Effects of Exercise on Brain Cortical Function and Its Implication on Mental Health and Mood /Stefan Schneider and Heiko K. Strüder --Effects of Aerobic Exercise on Mood and Human Opioidergic Activation Measured by Positron Emission Tomography /Henning Boecker, Thomas R. Tölle, Michael Valet and Till Sprenger.
- Fundamentals in oncologic ultrasound 2009, Springer
- Fundamentals of body MRI 2011, ScienceDirectFundamentals of Body MRI-a new title in the Fundamentals of Radiology series-explains and defines key concepts in body MRI so you can confidently make radiologic diagnoses. Dr. Christopher G. Roth presents comprehensive guidance on body imaging-from the liver to the female pelvis-and discusses how physics, techniques, hardware, and artifacts affect results. In print and online at www.expertconsult.com, this detailed and heavily illustrated reference will help you effectively master the complexities of interpreting findings from this imaging modality. Access the fully searchable contents of the text online at www.expertconsult.com. Master MRI techniques for the entirety of body imaging, including liver, breast, male and female pelvis, and cardiovascular MRI. Avoid artifacts thanks to extensive discussions of considerations such as physics and parameter tradeoffs. Grasp visual nuances through numerous images and correlating anatomic illustrations.
- Adrenal glands and kidneys / William E. Brant -- Pelvicaliceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra / William E. Brant -- Genital tract: radiographic imaging and MR / William E. Brant -- Abdomen ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Genital tract and bladder ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Obstetric ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound / William E. Brant -- Vascular ultrasound / Raymond S. Dougherty, William E. Brant -- Benign cystic bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors / Clyde A. Helms -- Skeletal trauma / Clyde A. Helms -- Arthritis / Clyde A. Helms -- Metabolic bone disease / Clyde A. Helms -- Skeletal "don't touch" lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Miscellaneous bone lesions / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knees / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder / Clyde A. Helms -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle / Clyde A. Helms -- Pediatric chest / Susan D. John, Leonard E. Swischuk -- Pediatric abdomen and pelvis / Susan D. John, Leonard E. Swischuk -- Introduction to nuclear medicine / David K. Shelton -- Essential science of nuclear medicine / Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, Jerrold T. Bushberg -- Skeletal system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Pulmonary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Rhonda A. Wyatt -- Cardiovascular system scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Endocrine gland scintigraphy / Marc G. Cote -- Gastrointestinal, liver/spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy / David K. Shelton, Michael F. Hartshorne -- Genitourinary system scintigraphy / Mike McBiles, Peter W. Blue -- Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection / Christopher J. Palestro, Charito Love -- Molecular imaging of tumors / James H. Timmons -- Central nervous system scintigraphy / David H. Lewis, Vivek Manchanda -- Positron emission tomography and PET-PC / Bijan Bijan, David K. Shelton, William E. Brant.Diagnostic imaging methods / William E. Brant -- Introduction to brain imaging / David J. Seidenwurm -- Craniofacial trauma / Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, Tuong H. Le -- Cerebrovascular disease / Howard A. Rowley -- Central nervous system neoplasms and tumorlike masses / Kelly K. Koeller -- Central nervous system infections / Walter L. Olsen -- White matter and neurodegenerative diseases / Jerome A. Barakos -- Pediatric neuroimaging / Todd E. Lempert, Erik H.L. Gaensler -- Head and neck imaging / Jerome A. Barakos -- Nondegenerative diseases of the spine / Erik H.L. Gaensler -- Lumbar spine: disk disease and stenosis / Clyde A. Helms -- Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease / Santiago Miró, Jeffrey S. Klein -- Mediastinum and hila / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary vascular disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary neoplasms / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pulmonary infection / Timothy J. Higgins, Jeffrey S. Klein -- Diffuse lung disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Airways disease / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders / Jeffrey S. Klein -- Breast imaging / Karen K. Lindfors, Huong T. Le-Petross -- Cardiac anatomy, physiology, and imaging methods / David K. Shelton -- Cardiac imaging in acquired disease / David K. Shelton -- Cardiac mri / Christopher M. Kramer -- Thoracic aorta, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders / Michael J. Miller, Jr., Tony P. Smith -- Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention / Michael J. Miller, Jr., Tony P. Smith -- Abdomen and pelvis / William E. Brant -- Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder / William E. Brant -- Pancreas and spleen / William E. Brant -- Pharynx and esophagus / William E. Brant -- Stomach and duodenum / William E. Brant -- Mesenteric small bowel / William E. Brant -- Colon and appendix / William E. Brant--
- Section I: Basic principles --chapter 1.Diagnostic imaging methods /William E. Brant --Section II: Neuroradiology /Section editor: Erik H. L. Gaensler and Jerome A. Barakos --chapter 2.Introduction to brain imaging /David J. Seidenwurm and Govind Mukundan --chapter 3.Craniofacial trauma /Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, and Tuong H. Le --chapter 4.Cerebrovascular disease /Howard A. Rawley --chapter 5.Central nervous system neoplasms and tumor-like masses /Kelly K. Koeller --chapter 6.Central nervous system infections /Nathaniel A. Chuang and Walter L. Olsen --chapter 7.White matter and neurodegenerative diseases /Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 8.Pediatric neuroimaging /Camilla Lindan, Erik Gaensler, and Jerome Barakos --chapter 9.Head and neck imaging /Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 10.Nondegenerative diseases of the spine /Erik H. L. Gaensler and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 11.Lumbar spine: disc disease and stenosis /Clyde A. Helms --Section III: Pulmonary /Section editor: Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 12.Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease /Julio Lemo and Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 13.Mediastinum and hila /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 14.Pulmonary vascular disease /Curtis E. Green and Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 15.Pulmonary neoplasms /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 16.Pulmonary infection /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 17.Diffuse lung disease /Jeffrey S. Klein and Curtis E. Green --chapter 18.Airways disease /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 19.Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders /Jeffrey S. Klein and Jimmy S. Ghostine --Section IV: Breast radiology /Section editor: Karen K. Lindfors --chapter 20.Breast imaging /Karen K. Lindfors and Huong T. Le-Petross --Section V: Cardiac radiology /Section editor: David K. Shelton --chapter 21.Cardiac anatomy, physiolgy, and imaging modalities /David K. Shelton --chapter 22.Cardiac imaging in acquired diseases /David K. Shelton and Gary Caputo --Section VI: Vascular and interventional radiology /Section editor: Michael J. Miller, Jr. --chapter 23.Thoracic, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders /Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith --chapter 24.Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention /Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith --Section VII: Gastrointestinal tract /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 25.Abdomen and pelvis /William E. Brant --chapter 26.Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder /William E. Brant --chapter 27.Pancreas and spleen /William E. Brant --chapter 28.Pharynx and esophagus /Sara Moshiri and William E. Brant --chapter 29.Stomach and duodenum /William E. Brant --chapter 30.Mesenteric small bowel /William E. Brant --chapter 31.Colon and appendix /William E. Brant and Sarah Erickson --Section VIII: Genitourinary tract /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 32.Adrenal glands and kidneys /William E. Brant --chapter 33.Pelvicalyceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra /William E. Brant --chapter 34.Genital tract-CT, MR, and radiographic imaging /William E. Brant --Section IX: Ultrasonography /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 35.Abdomen ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 36.Genital tract and bladder ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 37.Obstetric ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 38.Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 39.Vascular ultrasound /William E. Brant and Raymond S. Dougherty --Section X: Musculoskeletal radiology /Section editor: Clyde A. Helms --chapter 40.Benign cystic bone lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 41.Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 42.Skeletal trauma /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 43.Arthritis /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 44.Metabolic bone disease /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 45.Skeletal "Don't Touch" lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 46.Miscellaneous bone lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 47.Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 48.Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 49.Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle /Clyde A. Helms --Section XI: Pediatric radiology /Section editor: Susan D. John --chapter 50.Pediatric chest /Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk --chapter 51.Pediatric abdomen and pelvis /Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk --Section XII: Nuclear radiology /Section editor: David K. Shelton --chapter 52.Introduction to nuclear medicine /David K. Shelton --chapter 53.Essential science of nuclear medicine /Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, and Jerrold T. Bushberg --chapter 54.Skeletal system scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Amir Kashefi --chapter 55.Pulmonary scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Meena Kumar --chapter 56.Cardiovascular system scintigraphy /David K. Shelton --chapter 57.Endocrine gland scintigraphy /Marc G. Cote --chapter 58.Gastrointestinal, liver-spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Roshanak Rahnamayi --chapter 59.Genitourinary system scintigraphy /Howard A. Carpenter and Cameron C. Foster --chapter 60.Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection /Christopher J. Palestro --chapter 61.Molecular imaging /Amir Kashefi and David K. Shelton --chapter 62.Central nervous system scintigraphy /David H. Lewis and Jon Umlauf --chapter 63.Positron emission tomography /Cameron C. Foster, Bijan Bijan, and David K. Shelton.
- Fundamentals of digital imaging in medicine 2010, SpringerIntroduction / Roger Bourne -- Digital Images / Roger Bourne -- Medical Images / Roger Bourne -- The Spatial and Frequency Domains / Roger Bourne -- Image Quality / Roger Bourne -- Contrast Adjustment / Roger Bourne -- Image Filters / Roger Bourne -- Spatial Transformation / Roger Bourne -- ImageJ / Roger Bourne -- A Note on Precision and Accuracy / Roger Bourne -- Complex Numbers / Roger Bourne.
- Fundamentals of musculoskeletal ultrasound. 2nd ed. 2013, ebrary"Master the key concepts you need to perform, read, and interpret musculoskeletal ultrasounds. A straightforward approach, an abundance of detailed ultrasound images, and online video demonstrations provide step-by-step guidance that makes learning easy."-- From publisher's description.
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in practice 2011, ScienceDirectIntroduction to endoscopy -- Preparation for Endoscopy -- Diagnostic Upper Endoscopy -- 4 Diagnostic Colonoscopy -- 5 Small Bowel Endoscopy: Indications and Technique -- Advanced Imaging -- Interventional Endoscopy -- Complications of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy -- Endosonography -- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- General ultrasound in the critically ill 2005, Springer
- Geriatric imaging 2013, SpringerIn the elderly, the coexistence of various diseases, the presence of involutional and degenerative changes, and the occurrence of both physical and cognitive problems represent ""the norm."" It is therefore important to know how to distinguish the healthy elderly from those in need of treatment as a sound basis for avoiding overdiagnosis and overtreatment. This aspect is a central theme in Geriatric Imaging, which covers a wide range of applications of different imaging techniques and clearly explains both the potential and the limitations of diagnostic imaging in geriatric patients.
- Getting started in clinical radiology 2006, Thieme Book
- GISTs -- gastrointestinal stromal tumors 2011, Springer
- Grainger & Allison's Diagnostic radiology. 5th ed. 2008, MD Consult
- Gynecologic imaging. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPart 1.Ultrasound and Transvaginal Ultrasound: Techniques, Normal Findings, and Variations.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Jung Sik Kim --pt. 2.Gynecologic CT and MRI: Techniques and Normal Findings.Introduction /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Jung and Bohyun Kim --pt. 3.Variations and Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital Tract.Introduction /Jeong Kon Kim --Illustrations /Jeong Kon Kim --pt. 4.Uterine Myoma.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 5.Adenomyosis.Introduction /Byung Kwan Park --Illustrations /Byung Kwan Park --pt. 6.Imaging Evaluation of Uterine Cervical Carcinoma.Introduction /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --Illustrations /Seung Hyup Kim and Kyung-Sik Cho --pt. 7.Endometrial Cancer.Introduction /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Sung Il Hwang and Seung Hyup Kim.pt. 8.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Uterus.Introduction /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --Illustrations /Yu Ri Shin and Sung Eun Rha --pt. 9.Post-treatment Changes and Recurrence of Uterine Malignancies.Introduction /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --Illustrations /Dae Chul Jung and Kie Hwan Kim --pt. 10.Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases.Introduction /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --Illustrations /Jae Young Byun and Seung Eun Jung --pt. 11.Miscellaneous Diseases of the Uterus.Introduction /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --Illustrations /Seung Eun Jung and Jae Young Byun --pt. 12.Ovarian Cysts and Cystic Disease.Introduction /Hyuck Jae Choi --Illustrations /Hyuck Jae Choi --pt. 13.Ovarian Tumors: General Considerations and Mode of Spread.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon --pt. 14.Epithelial Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon --Illustrations /Sung Bin Park and Min Hoan Moon.pt. 15.Germ Cell Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim --pt. 16.Sex Cord-Stromal Tumors of the Ovary.Introduction /Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Jung Suk Sim --pt. 17.Miscellaneous Tumors of the Ovary and Adnexa.Introduction /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --Illustrations /Chang Kyu Sung and Jung Suk Sim --pt. 18.Endometriosis.Introduction /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Hyun Lee and Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 19.Adnexal Torsion.Introduction /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --Illustrations /Sung Eun Rha and Young-Hwa Kim --pt. 20.Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and Tubo-ovarian Abscess.Introduction /Jeong Yeon Cho --Illustrations /Jeong Yeon Cho --pt. 21.Ectopic Pregnancy.Introduction /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee --Illustrations /Min Hoan Moon and Young-Ho Lee.pt. 22.Vagina and Vulva.Introduction /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --Illustrations /Sun Ho Kim and Bohyun Kim --pt. 23.Vascular Diseases of the Female Pelvis.Introduction /Seong Jin Park --Illustrations /Seong Jin Park --pt. 24.Pediatric Gynecologic Diseases./Introduction /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --Illustrations /So-Young Yoo and Woo Sun Kim --pt. 25.Nongynecologic Lesions Mimicking Gynecologic Diseases.Introduction /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /Bum Sang Cho and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 26.Hysterosalpingography.Introduction /Hak Jong Lee --Illustrations /Hak Jong Lee --pt. 27.Sonohysterography.Introduction /Eun Ju Lee --Illustrations /Eun Ju Lee --pt. 28.Gynecologic Nonvascular Interventions.Introduction /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --Illustrations /See Hyung Kim and Seung Hyup Kim --pt. 29.Obstetric and Gynecologic Vascular Interventions.Introduction /Man-Deuk Kim and Jin Wook Chung --Illustrations.
- Gynecological imaging 2013, SpringerThis book provides a detailed guide to the use and interpretation of color Doppler ultrasound, CT, and MR imaging in patients with gynecological disorders. The advantages and limitations of each modality in imaging different pathologies are clearly presented, and advice is provided on the most appropriate option when ultrasound does not permit a definite diagnosis or fails to determine the precise extension of a lesion. Throughout, emphasis is placed on the importance of microscopic and macroscopic findings for a full understanding of the radiological appearances, and relevant points from the basic sciences are also highlighted. Special attention is paid to issues of differential diagnosis and imaging results that are characteristic of a particular type of lesion. The authors are recognized experts in the field who draw upon their considerable experience to provide an up-to-date reference book highly relevant to everyday clinical practice.
- Handbook of biological confocal microscopy. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Handbook of biomedical image analysis v. 1-3, 2005., Springerv. 2, 2005 Springerv. 3, 2005 Springerv. 1. Segmentation models, part A -- v. 2. Segmentation models, part B -- v. 3. Registration models.
- Handbook of biomedical optics 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of cardiovascular CT 2008, Springer
- Handbook of cryo-preparation methods for electron microscopy 2009, CRCnetBASEVitreous water / Jacques Dubochet -- Slam-freezing, metal-mirror freezing / Danièle Spehner and Ludwig Edelmann -- Plunge-freezing (Holey carbon method) / Sacha De Carlo -- Controlled vitrification / Peter M. Frederik, Felix de Haas, and Marc M.H. Storms -- BAL-TEC HPM 010 high-pressure freezing machine / Andres Kaech -- High-pressure freezing LEICA EMPACT / Dimitri Vanhecke and Daniel Studer -- Frozen-hydrated macromolecules for structural analysis / Corinne Crucifix, Gabor Papai, and Patrick Schultz -- 2-D crystals / Patrick Bron and Janet Vonck -- Cryo-negative staining / Sacha De Carlo -- Vitrification of dynamic microtubules / Isabelle Arnal, Marine Malleter, and Denis Chrétien -- CEMOVIS : cryo-electron microscopy of vitreous sections / Jacques Dubochet ... [et al.] -- Cryo-electron tomography / Andrew Leis, Manuela Gruska, and Wolfgang Baumeister -- Freeze-substitution / Bruno M. Humbel -- Cryo-fixation, freeze-substitution, rehydration and Tokuyasu cryo-sectioning / York-Dieter Stierhof ... [et al.] -- Freeze-drying and embedding of biological material / Ludwig Edelmann -- The shadow of hydrated biological specimens / Daniel Thomas -- Cryo-fracture of self assembled systems in organic solvent / Marc Schmutz and Philippe J. Mésini -- Progressive lowering of temperature for immunolabeling and in situ hybridization / Annie Cavalier and Danièle Spehner -- Cryo-sectioning according to Tokuyasu / Bruno M. Humbel and York-Dieter Stierhof -- Cryo-preparation procedures for elemental imaging by SIMS and EFTEM / Christian Bordat and Jean-luc Guerquin-Kern -- Correlative light and electron microscopy / Heinz Schwarz and Bruno M. Humbel -- SDS-digested freeze-fracture replica labeling (SDS-FRL) / Yugo Fukazawa ... [et al.] -- Immunolabeling of ultra-thin sections with enlarged 1 nm gold or QDots / York-Dieter Stierhof -- 3-D electron tomography of cells and organelles / Willie J.C. Geerts, Bruno M. Humbel and Arie J. Verkleij -- Final considerations / Hellmuth Sitte.
- Handbook of image quality 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of MRI pulse sequences 2004, ScienceDirect
- Handbook on neurovascular ultrasound 2006, KargerPhysical and technical principles / Evans, D.H. -- Arterial wall imaging / Devuyst, G., Piechowski-Jóźwiak, B., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Endothelial function testing / Csiba, L. -- Atherosclerotic carotid stenosis and occlusion / Sitzer, M. -- Ultrasound diagnostics of the vertebrobasilar system / von Büdingen, H.-C., Staudacher, T., von Büdingen, H.J. -- Ultrasound diagnosis of cervical artery dissection / Benninger, D.H., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial dural arteriovenous and carotid-cavernous fistulae and paragangliomas / Gandjour, J., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Takayasu and temporal arteritis / Schmidt, W.A. -- Transcranial insonation / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Intracranial stenoses and occlusions, and circle of Willis collaterals / Baumgartner, R.W. -- Acute stroke: perfusion imaging / Seidel, G., Meyer-Wiethe, K. -- Sonothrombolysis: experimental evidence / Daffertshofer, M., Hennerici, M. --Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial Doppler sonography / Mikulik, R., Alexandrov, A.V. -- Acute stroke: therapeutic transcranial color duplex sonography / Eggers, J. -- Cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations / Klötzsch, C., Harrer, J.U. -- Cerebral veins and sinuses / Stolz, E. -- Detection of microembolic signals with transcranial Doppler ultrasound / Georgiadis, D., Siebler, M. -- Contrast-enhanced transcranial Doppler ultrasound for diagnosis of patent foramen ovale / Nedeltchev, K., Mattle, H.P. -- Cerebral autoregulation and vasomotor reactivity / Aaslid, R. -- Cerebral circulation monitoring in carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting / Ackerstaff, R.G.A. -- Syncope / Nirkko, A.C., Baumgartner, R.W. -- Functional transcranial Doppler sonography / Lohmann, H., Ringelstein, E.B., Knecht, S. -- Future developments in neurovascular ultrasound / Meairs, S., Hennerici, M.
- Head and neck cancer imaging 2006, Springer
- High-field MR imaging 2011, Springer
- High-resolution CT of the lung. 3rd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Histochemical and cytochemical methods of visualization 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Human hippocampus. 4th ed. 2013, SpringerThis new edition, like previous ones, offers a precise description of the anatomy of the human hippocampus based upon neurosurgical progress and the wealth of medical imaging methods available. The first part describes the fine structures of the hippocampus and is illustrated with new original figures. A survey is then provided of current concepts explaining the functions of the hippocampus, and the external and internal hippocampal vascularization is precisely described. The last and main part of the book presents serial sections in coronal, sagittal, and axial planes; each section is accompanied by a drawing to explain the MR 3T images. The new edition is also enriched by several MRI views of major hippocampal diseases. This comprehensive atlas of human hippocampal anatomy will be of interest to all neuroscientists, including neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, and neurologists.
- Hybrid PET/CT and SPECT/CT imaging 2010, Springer
- Ileoscopy 2012, Springer
- Image processing handbook. 4th ed. 2002, CRCnetBASEThis essential resource covers binary image processing, color images, depth resolution, image interpretation problems, thresholding multiband images, among many other areas of image analysis and processing.
- Image processing in radiation therapy 2014, CRCnetBASE"This book provides complete descriptions of the techniques involved in medical image processing, using sufficient descriptions and practical references. Chapters cover topics of deformable registration, segmentation, image reconstruction, and integration of these practices into the radiation therapy environment. The four sections provide an overview of the image segmentation and reconstruction techniques using image processing across all modalities, and applications of these approaches in radiation therapy. The book also addresses the applications of registration, segmentation, and image reconstruction for radiation therapy, including adaptive radiotherapy, monitoring and tracking of treatment delivery, quantifying accuracy, and visualizing results"--Provided by publisher.
- Image recognition and classification 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Image-guided cancer therapy 2013, SpringerImage-Guided Cancer Therapy: A Multidisciplinary Approach provides clinicians with in-depth coverage of the growing, dynamic field of interventional oncology. Combining the knowledge of expert editors and authors into one powerhouse reference, this book looks at tumor ablation, HIFU, embolic therapies, emerging technologies, and radiation therapy throughout the body (liver, bone, breast, gynecologic and prostate cancers, to name just a few), and includes discussion of different imaging modalities. In the words of Peter Mueller, MD, author of the books Foreword: The senior authors are all world renowned experts in interventional oncology, which is another example of the high quality authorship and experience that is brought to this book. The later chapters discuss therapies that are simply not covered in any other source. Everyone who is doing or wants to do ablation therapies and interventional oncology will face a time when they will be asked to use their expertise in less used and less investigated areas. There is nowhere else where the reader can get information on the prostate, breast, and gynecologic areas, and especially pediatrics. This book is an outstanding contribution to the literature and will become a must read for all physicians who are interested in Interventional Oncology.
- Image-guided IMRT 2006, Springer
- Image-processing techniques for tumor detection 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Images in urology 2012, Springer
- Imaging and focal therapy of early prostate cancer 2013, Springer
- Imaging and technology in urology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Imaging: Radiology --Principles of X-Ray Production and Radiation Protection /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --How to Perform a Clinical Radiograph and Use a C-Arm /Christopher T. L. Wilkinson --Contrast Agents /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do an IVU /Paul M. Taylor --Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) /Richard Whitehouse --The Physics of Ultrasound /Paul M. Taylor --How to Ultrasound a Suspected Renal Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Ultrasound a Painful Testis and a Testicular Mass /Michael J. Weston --How to Perform a Transrectal Ultrasound Scan and Prostate Biopsy /Fady Youssef and John B. Anderson --How to Manage a Hydronephrotic Kidney /Michael J. Weston --Principles of Computed Tomography (CT) /Catherine O'Dwyer --How to Do a CT Urogram (CTU) /Paul M. Taylor --How to Do a CT in a Patient with Presumed Upper Tract Trauma /Jonathan Smith --Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) /Jonathan Smith --How to Do an MRI of the Pelvis /Jonathan Smith --Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) /Kieran O'Flynn --Vascular Embolisation Techniques in Urology /Alistair Cowie.Part 2.Imaging: Nuclear Medicine --Radionuclides and Their Uses in Urology /Richard Lawson --Counting and Imaging in Nuclear Medicine /Richard Lawson --Principles of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning /Heather A. Williams --How to Do a Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Diuresis Renogram /Mary Prescott --How to Do a DMSA Scan /Jackie James --How to Do a Radioisotope Glomerular Filtration Rate Study /Richard Lawson --How to Do a Bone Scan /Mary Prescott --How to Do a Transplant Renogram /Mary Prescott --Dynamic Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Penile Cancer /Hussain M. Alnajjar and Nicholas A. Watkin --Part 3.Technology: Diagnostic --Urinalysis /David G. Ross --Principles of Urine Microscopy and Microbiological Culture /Chinari P. K. Subudhi --Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) /Stephen Brown --Metabolic Assessment of Urinary Tract Stones /Adrian D. Joyce --Principles of Pressure Measurement /Ian Pearce --Principles of Measurement of Urinary Flow /Richard Napier-Hemy --How to Carry Out a Videocystometrogram (VCMG) /Alexander Springer, Ian Eardley and Ramnath Subramaniam --The Whitaker Test /Jeremy Oates and Kieran O'Flynn --Sphincter Electromyography (EMG) /Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Tumour Markers /Richard Khafagy and William Cross --Urine Cytology /William Cross and Richard Khafagy --Histopathological Processing, Staining, and Immuno-histochemistry /Lorna McWilliam.Part 4.Technology: Operative --Principles of Urological Endoscopes /Luke Gordon --Rigid Endoscope Design /Luke Gordon --Light Sources, Light Leads, and Camera Systems /Stuart N. Lloyd and Adrian D. Joyce --Peripherals for Endoscopic Use /Stuart N. Lloyd and Steve Payne --Peripherals for Laparoscopic Use /Andrew Sinclair --Peripherals for Mechanical Stone Manipulation /Karyee Chow --Contact Lithotripters /Steve Payne --Endoscopic Use of Laser Energy /Omar Al Kadhi and Tev Aho --Double J Stents and Nephrostomy /Steve Payne --Urinary Catheters, Design, and Usage /Dave Shackley --Prostatic and Urethral Stents /Ian Eardley --Urological Prosthetics /Duncan J. Summerton and Ian Eardley --Meshes in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse /Neil Harris --Biological Meshes /Ian Eardley, Giulio Garaffa and David J. Ralph --Principles of Tissue Transfer in Urology /Giulio Garaffa, David J. Ralph and Ian Eardley --Theatre Design and Patient Safety /Pat McHugh and Steve Payne --Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) Prevention /Pat McHugh --Principles of Decontamination /Geoff J. H. Sjogren and Ralph Beard --Operative Tissue Destruction /Steve Payne --Sutures and Clips /Derek Fawcett --Monopolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Bipolar Diathermy /Kieran O'Flynn --Alternatives to Electrosurgery /Adrian D. Joyce --Haemostatic Agents, Sealants, and Adhesives /Ian Eardley --Irrigation Fluids and Their Hazards /Stuart N. Lloyd --Insufflants and Their Hazards /Stephen Bromage and Andrew Sinclair --Laparoscopic Ports /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke --Setting up a Robot /Ben Sherwood and Dan Burke.Part 5.Technology: Interventional --Neuromodulation by Sacral Nerve Stimulation /Cecile Tawadros, Katherine E. Burnett and Christopher D. Betts --Principles of Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) /Richard Napier-Hemy and Steve Payne --How to Carry Out Shockwave Lithotripsy /David G. Ross --Prostatic Hyperthermia /Ian Pearce --Ablative Therapies: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU), Cryotherapy, and Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA) /Stephen Brown --Principles of Radiotherapy /John P. Logue --Electro-Motive Drug Administration (EMDA) /Vijay Sangar --Part 6.Technology of Renal Failure --Principles of Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) /Colin D. Short --Principles of Peritoneal Dialysis /Philip A. Kalra --Haemodialysis /Rosie Donne --Principles of Renal Transplantation /Neil R. Parrott --Part 7.Assessment of Technology --Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) /Kieran O'Flynn --Health Technology Assessment /Robert Pickard, Michael Drinnan and Luke Vale.
- Imaging and urodynamics of the lower urinary tract. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPart 1. The Bladder -- The Normal Bladder -- Imaging Modalities Used for Assessment of the Bladder -- Congenital Anomalies of the Bladder -- Intraluminal Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Abnormalities of the Bladder Wall or Mural Abnormalities -- Staging of Bladder Cancer -- Abnormal Bladder Contour or Size -- Functional Abnormalities of the Bladder -- Part 2. The Urethra -- The Normal Urethra -- Congenital Anomalies of the Urethra -- Intraluminal Abnormalities and Filling Defects of the Urethra -- Intrinsic Abnormalities of the Urethral Wall -- Lower Urinary Tract Trauma -- Neoplasms of the Urethra.
- Imaging atlas of the pelvic floor and anorectal diseases 2008, Springer
- Imaging Cardiovascolare TC e RM 2012, SpringerAngio-TC /Michele Anzidei, Guendalina Menichini and Carlo Catalano --Angio-RM /Michele Anzidei, Guendalina Menichini and Carlo Catalano --Post-processing /Pietro Sedati, Fulvio Zaccagna and Carlo Augusto Mallio --La placca aterosclerotica /Ilaria Iacucci, Luca Saba and Michele Anzidei --Il circolo intracranico /Eytan Raz, Emanuele Tinelli, Francesca Caramia and Ferdinando D'Ambrosio --Arterie carotidi /Beatrice Cavallo Marincola, Eugenio Marotta and Michele Anzidei --Aorta toracica /Nicola Galea, Matteo Mangia and Ilaria Iampieri --Circolo polmonare /Alessandro Napoli, Federica Ciolina and Luca Bertaccini --Circolo coronarico /Marco Francone, Francesco Vullo, Bettina Conti and Giuseppe Cannavale --Aorta addominale /Eugenio Marotta, Maurizio Del Monte and Carlo Catalano --Arterie renali e vasi splancnici /Pietro Sedati, Fulvio Zaccagna and Riccardo Rosati --Arti superiori /Alessandro Napoli, Gaia Cartocci and Pier Luigi Di Paolo --Arti inferiori /Beatrice Cavallo Marincola, Giulia Brachetti and Carlo Catalano --Whole body /Alessandro Napoli, Fulvio Zaccagna, Luisa Di Mare and Flavio Malpassini --Malformazioni artero-venose /Fabrizio Fanelli, Pierleone Lucatelli and Massimiliano Allegritti --Vasculiti /Chiara Zini, Vincenzo Noce and Fabrizio Boni --Sistema venoso /Francesco Fraioli, Goffredo Serra and Matteo Paoletti.
- Imaging endocrine diseases in children 2012, Springer
- Imaging gliomas after treatment 2012, Springer
- Imaging in biological research. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2004., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2004 ScienceDirect
- Imaging in cellular and tissue engineering 2013, CRCnetBASE"This book covers the full range of available imaging modalities and optical methods used to help evaluate material and biological behavior. It also highlights a wide range of optical and biological applications. Each chapter in the text describes a specific application and discusses relevant instrumentation, governing physical principles, data processing procedures, as well as advantages and disadvantages of each modality. Following a broad introduction to key topics, the main chapters are divided between in vitro and in vivo applications. The final section focuses on methods for data processing and analysis"--Provided by publisher.
- 7.0 Tesla MRI brain atlas ..............
- — Cryo-EM. Part A, Sample preparation a...
- Cryo-EM. Part B, 3-D reconstruction. ...
- — Imaging in cellular and tissue engine...
- Imaging in nuclear medicine ............
- — Multi modality state-of-the-art medic...
- Multi-slice and dual-source CT in car...
- — Whole body ultrasonography in the cri...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases