Books by Subject
- Atlas of diabetes. 4th ed. 2012, SpringerRegulation of Insulin Secretion and Islet Cell Function /Gordon C. Weir, Susan Bonner-Weir and Arun Sharma --Mechanisms of Insulin Action /Morris F. White and Morris F. White --Consequences of Insulin Deficiency /Abbas E. Kitabchi and Mary Beth Murphy --Type 1 Diabetes /Mark A. Atkinson and Jay S. Skyler --Management of Type 1 Diabetes /Irl B. Hirsch and Jay S. Skyler --Childhood Diabetes /Jamie R. Wood and Francine R. Kaufman --Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes /Mazen Alsahli and John E. Gerich --Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus /Jennifer B. Marks --Diabetes and Pregnancy /Lois Jovanovič --Mechanisms of Hyperglycemic Damage in Diabetes /Ferdinando Giacco and Michael Brownlee --Management and Prevention of Diabetic Complications /Sunder Mudaliar and Robert R. Henry --Eye Complications of Diabetes /Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello and Paolo S. Silva, et al. --Diabetes and the Kidney /Robert C. Stanton and Robert C. Stanton --Diabetic Neuropathies /Aaron I. Vinik --Obesity Therapy /Steven R. Smith --Reversal of Diabetes: Islet Cell Transplantation /Antonello Pileggi, Rodolfo Alejandro and Camillo Ricordi --Technology and Diabetes: Insulin Delivery Systems and Glucose Sensing /Bruce W. Bode --Newer Diabetes Medications /Jay S. Skyler.
- Cardiovascular diabetology 2008, KargerHyperglycemia and the pathobiology of diabetic complications / Aronson, D. -- Endothelial dysfunction in normal and abnormal glucose metabolism / Esper, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Biomarkers in cardiovascular diabetology: interleukins and matrixins / Fisman, E.Z. ; Adler, Y.; Tenenbaum, A. -- Arterial elasticity in cardiovascular disease: focus on hypertension, metabolic syndrome and diabetes / Cernes, R.; Zimlichman, R.; Shargorodsky, M. -- Hypertension and diabetes / Grossman, E.; Messerli, F.H. -- Impaired glucose metabolism and cerebrovascular diseases / Tanne, D. -- Impact of metabolic syndrome in patients with acute coronary syndrome / Feinberg, M.S.; Schwartz, R.; Behar, S. -- Optimal management of combined dyslipidemia: what have we behind statins monotherapy? / Tenenbaum, A. ... [et al.] -- Non-insulin antidiabetic therapy in cardiac patients: current problems and future prospects / Fisman, E.Z.; Motro, M.; Tenenbaum, A.
- Controversies in treating diabetes 2008, Springer
- Development of the pancreas and neonatal diabetes 2007, KargerPancreatic development as a basis for the definition of new therapies for diabetes / Scharfmann, R. -- Overview of neonatal diabetes / Hamilton-Shield, J.P. -- Transcription factors in pancreatic development. Animal models / Martin, M. ... [et al.] -- Distinct roles of HNF1[beta], HNF1[alpha], and HNF4[alpha] in regulating pancreas development, [beta]-cell function, and growth / Maestro, M.A. ... [et al.] -- In vivo and in vitro techniques to study pancreas development and islet cell function / Duvillié, B., Heinis, M., Stetsyuk, V. --Functional imaging of the pancreas: the role of [18F]Fluoro-L-DOPA PET in the diagnosis of hyperinsulinism of infancy / Ribeiro, M.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin pump therapy in neonatal diabetes / Tubiana-Rufi, N. -- Generating new candidate genes for neonatal diabetes: functional and genetic studies of insulin secretion in type 2 diabetes / Rutter, G.A. -- Diabetes in very young children and mutations in the insulin-secreting cell potassium channel genes: therapeutic consequences / Flechtner, I. ... [et al.] -- Genomic imprinting: roles and regulation in development / Kelsey, G. -- Imprinting in human disease with special reference to transient neonatal diabetes and Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome / Temple, I.K. -- The physiology and clinical management of glucose metabolism in the newborn / Beardsall, K., Dunger, D.
- Diabetes 2012, Springer
- Diabetes 2011, SpringerTargeting type 2 diabetes -- Dual acting and pan-PPAR activators as potential anti-diabetic therapies -- GLP-1 agonists and dipeptidyl-peptidase IV inhibitors -- Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids in metabolic disorders with focus on diabetes -- SGLT inhibitors as new therapeutic tools in the treatment of diabetes -- Inhibitors of 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in antidiabetic therapy -- Nampt and its potential role in inflammation and type 2 diabetes -- Inhibition of ganglioside biosynthesis as a novel therapeutic approach in insulin resistance -- Overcoming insulin resistance with ciliary neurotrophic factor -- Thermogenesis and related metabolic targets in anti-diabetic therapy -- Interleukin-targeted therapy for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes -- Fructose-1, 6-bisphosphatase inhibitors for reducing excessive endogenous glucose production in type 2 diabetes -- AMP-activated protein kinase and metabolic control -- Mitochondria as potential targets in antidiabetic therapy -- Research and development of glucokinase activators for diabetes therapy : theoretical and practical aspects.
- Diabetes & c-peptide 2012, Springer1. C-Peptide and Insulin: A Happy Marriage / Donald F. Steiner -- 2. Peptide Interactions of Proinsulin C-Peptide / Charlotte Nerelius, Emma Lindahl, Michael Landreh, and Hans Jörnvall -- 3. The Effect of Combined C-Peptide and Zinc on Cellular Function / Dana M. Spence -- 4. C-Peptide Signaling in the Kidney and Protection from Diabetic Nephropathy / Nigel J. Brunskill -- 5. Role of C-Peptide in the Regulation of Microvascular Blood Flow / Thomas Forst, Matthias M. Weber, Thomas Kunt, and Andreas Pfützner -- 6. Is NO-eNOS a Target for C-Peptide Action and Its Protective Effects on Diabetic Nephropathy? / Kazuhiro Kimura and Akihiro Kamikawa -- 7. Renoprotective Effects of C-Peptide on Type 1 Diabetes / Lina Nordquist, Åsa Kallas, Sara Stridh, Fredrik Palm, and John Wahren -- 8. The Mechanisms Underlying the Effects of C-Peptideon Type 1 Diabetic Neuropathy / Hideki Kamiya, Wei-Xian Zhang, and Anders A.F. Sima -- 9. C-Peptide and Type 1 Diabetic Encephalopathy / Anders A.F. Sima and Wei-Xian Zhang -- 10. C-Peptide: A New Moleculewith Anti-Inflammatory Properties / Jaime Haidet, Vincenza Cifarelli, Xuehui Geng, Massimo Trucco, and Patrizia Luppi -- 11. C-Peptide: Connecting Diabetes with Macrovascular Complications / Karen E. Porter and Romana S. Mughal -- 12. C-Peptide and Diabetic Neuropathy in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes / Karin Ekberg and John Wahren -- 13. Proatherogenic Effects of C-Peptide / Daniel Walcher and Nikolaus Marx -- 14. Conclusions and Future Outlook / Anders A.F. Sima.
- Diabetes and cancer 2008, Karger
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer1. Effects of insulin on the vascular system / Helmut O. Steinberg -- 2. Effects of diabetes and insulin resistance on endothelial functions / Zhiheng He, Keiko Naruse, and George L. King -- 3. Diabetes and advanced glycoxidation end-products / Melpomeni Peppa, Jaime Uribarri, and Helen Vlassara -- 4. The renin-angiotensin system in diabetic cardiovascular complications / Edward P. Feener -- 5. PPARs and their emerging role in vascular biology, inflammation, and atherosclerosis / Jorge Plutzky -- 6. Diabetes and thrombosis / David J. Schneider and Burton E. sobel -- 7. Role of estrogens in vascular disease in diabetes: lessons learned from the polycystic ovary syndrome / Agathocles Tsatsoulis and Panayiotic Economides -- 8. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activation and nitrosative stress in the development of cardiovascular disease in diabetes / Pál Pacher and Csaba Szabó -- 9. Adiponectin and the cardiovascular system / Suketu Shah, Alina Gavrila, and Christos S. Mantzoros --10. Nitric oxide and its role in diabetes mellitus / Michael T. Johnstone and Eli Gelfand -- 11. Diabetes and atherosclerosis / Maria F. Lopes-Virella and Gabriel Virella -- 12. The use of animal models to study diabetes and atherosclerosis and potential anti-atherosclerotic therapies / Peter D. Reaven and Wulf Palinski -- 13. The metabolic syndrome and vascular disease / S.J. Creely, Aresh J. Anwar, and Sudhesh Kumar -- 14. Diabetes and hypertension / Samy I. McFarlane ... [et al.] -- 15. Diabetes and dyslipidemia / Asha Thomas-Geevarghese, Catherine Tuck, and Henry N. Ginsberg -- 16. Diabetic retinopathy / Lloyd Paul Aiello and Jerry Cavallerano -- 17. Diabetic nephropathy / Richard J. Solomon and Bijan Roshan -- 18. Diabetic neuropathy / Rayaz A. Malik and Aristidis Veves -- 19. Microcirculation of the diabetic foot / Chantel Hile and Aristidis Veves -- 20. Epidemiology of peripheral vascular disease / Stephanie G. Wheeler, Nicholas L. Smith, and Edward J. Boyko -- 21. Noninvasive methods in assess vascular function and pathophysiology / Peter G. Danias and Rola Saouaf --22. Peripheral vascular disease in patients with diabetes mellitus / Bernadette Aulivola, Allen D. Hamdan, and Frank W. LoGerfo -- 23. Therapeutic interventions to improve endothelial function in diabetes / Lalita Khaodhiar and Aristidis Veves -- 24. Preoperative assessment and perioperative management of the surgical patient with diabetes mellitus / Alanna Coolong and Mylan C. Cohen -- 25. Diabetes and percutaneous interventional therapy / David P. Oorenz, Joseph P. Carrozza, and Lawrence Garcia -- 26. Cardiac surgery and diabetes mellitus / Tanveer A. Khan, Pierre Voisine, and Frank W. Sellke -- 27. Heart failure and cardiac dysfunction in diabetes / Lawrence H. Young, Raymond R. Russell, III, and Deborah Chyun -- 28. Diabetes mellitus and heart disease / Michael T. Johnstone and George P. Kinzfogl.
- Diabetes and exercise 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and hypertension 2012, SpringerDiabetes and hypertension have evolved as two of the modern day epidemics affecting millions of people around the world. These two common co-morbidities lead to substantial increase in cardiovascular disease, the major cause of morbidity and mortality of adults around the world. In Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management, a panel of renowned experts address a range of critical topics -- from basic concepts in evaluation and management of diabetes and hypertension, such as dietary interventions, to evaluation and management of secondary hypertension in clinical practice. Other chapters focus on high cardiovascular risk populations such as those with coronary heart disease, chronic kidney disease and minority patients. In addition, evolving concepts and new developments in the field are presented in other chapters, such as prevention of type 2 diabetes and the epidemic of sleep apnea and its implication for diabetes and hypertension evaluation and management. An important title covering two of the most troubling disorders of our time, Diabetes and Hypertension: Evaluation and Management will provide the busy practitioner with cutting edge knowledge in the field as well as practical information that can translate into better care provided to the high-risk population of diabetics and hypertensive patients.
- Diabetes and peripheral vascular disease 2012, Springer
- Diabetes and the brain 2009, Springer
- Diabetes and the kidney 2011, Karger
- Diabetes and viruses 2013, Springer
- Diabetes care for the older patient 2012, SpringerThe Epidemiology of Diabetes in Older People -- Type 2 Diabetes and Dementia -- Depression in Older People with Diabetes -- Hypoglycaemia and the Older Person -- Cardiovascular Risk, Glucose and Targets for Management of Diabetes in Older People -- Diabetes and Frailty -- Perceptions of Users and Carers in Supporting Diabetes Care: Practical Guidance, Support and Information for Carers -- Management of Elderly People with Diabetes in Primary Care.
- Diabetes in childhood and adolescence 2005, KargerEtiopathogenetic aspects of type 1 diabetes / Knip, M. -- Susceptibility to type 1 diabetes: genes and mechanisms / Contu, D., Cucca, F. -- Autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes mellitus / Achenbach, P., Ziegler, A.G. -- Neonatal diabetes mellitus / Polak, M., Shield, J. -- Diagnosis and management of MODY in a pediatric setting / Njolstad, P.R., Sovik, O. -- Diabetic ketoacidosis / Brink, S.R. -- Insulin treatment / Kapellen, T.M. -- Medical nutrition therapy of children and adolescents with diabetes / Virtanen, S.M. -- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in childhood and adolescence / Phillip, M., Weintrob, N., Shalitin, S. -- Quality management in pediatric diabetology / Holl, R.W. ... [et al.] -- Sports and physical activity in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus / Raile, K. ... [et al.] -- Invasive and noninvasive means of diabetes self-management / Deiss, D., Hartmann, R., Kordonouri, O. -- Adolescence / Dunger, D.B., Acerini, C., Ahmed, M.L. -- Diabetic nephropathy in children and adolescents / Chiarelli, F., Santilli, F. -- Diabetic autonomic and peripheral neuropathy / Donaghue, K.C., Al-Jasser, A., Maguire, A. -- Macrovascular disease / Dahl-Jørgensen, K., Larsen, J.R. -- Hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes / Blasetti, A. ... [et al.] -- Diabetic retinopathy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes / Bittner, C., Kordonouri, O., Danne, T. -- Complications and consequences / Kapellen, T.M., Klemens, A.G., Kiess, R.W. -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood / Piscopo, M.A. ... [et al.] -- Beta-cell function replacement by islet transplantation and gene therapy / Falqui, L.L.
- Diabetes in clinical practice 2010, Springer
- Diabetes in women 2009, Springer
- Diabetic foot. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerIntroduction to diabetes: principles of care in the surgical patient with diabetes / Peter Sheehan -- Epidemiology and health care costs for diabetic foot problems / Gayle E. Reiber and Lynne V. McFarland -- The evolution of wound healing: from art to science / I. Kelman Cohen -- The wound-healing process / Jeffrey M. Davidson and Luisa DiPietro -- Induced regeneration of skin and peripheral nerves / Eric C. Soller and Ioannis V. Yannas -- Diabetic neuropathy / Solomon Tesfaye -- Microvascular changes in the diabetic foot / Thanh Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Clinical features and diagnosis of macrovascular disease / Chantel Hile ... [et al.] -- Foot pressure abnormalities in the diabetic foot / Thomas E. Lyons, Barry I. Rosenblum, and Aristidis Veves -- Biomechanics of the diabetic foot: the road to foot ulceration / C.H.M. van Schie and A.J.M. Boulton -- Clinical examination of the diabetic foot and the identification of the at-risk patient / Stephanie Wu ... [et al.] -- Imaging of the diabetic foot / Mary G. Hochman ... [et al.] --Microbiology and treatment of diabetic foot infections / Adolf W. Karchmer -- Charcot arthropathy in the diabetic foot / Robert G. Frykberg -- Preparation of the wound bed of the diabetic foot ulcer / Vincent Falanga -- Local care of diabetic foot ulcers: assessment, dressings, and topical treatments / Oscar M. Alvarez, Lee Markowitz, and Martin Wendelken -- Surgical treatment of the ulcerated foot / John M. Giurini -- Amputation and rehabilitation of the diabetic foot / Ronald A. Sage ... [et al.] -- Soft tissue reconstructive options for the ulcerated or gangrenous diabetic foot / Christopher E. Attinger -- Role of growth factors in the treatment of diabetic foot ulceration / David L. Steed -- Living skin equivalents for the diabetic foot ulcer / Thanh Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Lower extremity arterial reconstruction in patients with diabetes mellitus: principles of treatment / Kakra Hughes, David Campbell and Frank B. Pomposelli, Jr. -- Angioplasty and other noninvasive surgical procedures / Sherry D. Scovell -- Psychosocial and educational implications of diabetic foot complications / Katie Weinger and Arlene Smaldone -- The role of footwear in the prevention of diabetic foot problems / Luigi Uccioli.
- Diabetic foot. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Diabetic kidney 2006, SpringerAngiotensin II and its receptors in the pathogensis of diabetic nephropathy / David J. Leehey, Ashok K. Singh, and Rekha Singh -- Altered renal microvasculature function in early diabetes / Pamela K. Carmines, Joseph P. Bast, and Naohito Ishii -- Proteinuria and interstitial fibrogenesis in diabetic nephropathy / Raimund Hirschberg -- Podocytes and diabetic nephropathy / George Jerums, Sianna Panagiotopoulos, and Richard MacIsaac -- Altered glucose transport and its metabolic effects in glomerular cells / Charles W. Heilig -- mRNA translation in diabetic nephropathy / Balakuntalam S. Kasinath ... [et al.] -- The hexosamine biosynthesis pathway: contribution to the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy / I. George Fantus ... [et al.] -- Glycation: receptor for advanced glycation endproducts and diabetic nephropathy / Vivette D'Agati and Ann Marie Schmidt -- Oxidative and glycooxidative stress in diabetic nephropathy / Frederick R. DeRubertis and Patricia A. Craven --Connective tissue growth factor in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy: a target for therapeutic intervention / Bruce L. Riser, Alessia Fornoni, and Sujatha Karoor -- Vascular endothelial growth factor as a determinant of diabetic nephropathy / Geoffrey Boner and Mark E. Cooper -- Transforming growth factor-[beta] signal transduction in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy: identifying molecular targets for therapeutic intervention / Sheldon Chen and Fuad N. Ziyadeh -- Hepatocyte growth factor: physiological and therapeutic ligand to attenuate diabetic nephropathy / Shinya Mizuno and Toshikazu Nakamura -- Proteomics in the investigation of diabetic nephropathy / Visith Thongboonkerd -- Gene expression profiling in the investigation of diabetic nephropathy / Katalin Susztak, Erwin Bottinger, and Kumar Sharma -- PPAR- ligands and diabetic nephropathy / Keiji Isshiki, Daisuke Koya, and Masakazu Haneda -- -Endosulfine in diabetic nephropathy / Jerry Yee and Balazs Szamosfalvi --The prospect of a novel therapeutic, bone morphogenetic protein-7, in diabetic nephropathy / Keith A. Hruska ... [et al.] -- Genetic determinants of diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetes / Grzegorz Placha and Andrzej S. Krolewski -- Major risk indicators for diabetic kidney disease / Katherine R. Tuttle -- The structure of human diabetic nephropathy / Michael Mauer and Behzad Najafian -- Diabetic kidney disease in transitional and disadvantaged populations / E. Jennifer Weil and Robert G. Nelson -- Screening and treatment of early diabetic renal disease in type 1 and type 2 diabetes / Ellie Chuang and Mark E. Molitch -- Treatment in advanced renal disease in type 1 and type 2 diabetes / Eberhard Ritz and Gunter Wolf -- Diabetic and renal disease: ACE inhibitors and/or angiotensin receptor blockers: does it matter? / Carl Erik Mogensen and Niels Holmark Andersen -- Management of diabetic end-stage renal disease with dialysis / Ploumis S. Passadakis and Dimitrios G. Oreopoulos -- Diabetic retinopathy and nephropathy / Ronald Klein -- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease / Adam Whaley-Connell, Kurt Sowers, and James R. Sowers -- Endothelial dysfunction and diabetic nephropathy / Coen D.A. Stehouwer ... [et al.] -- Anemia and diabetic nephropathy / George Jerums ... [et al.].
- Diabetic neuropathy. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerHistorical aspects of diabetic neuropathies -- The epidemiology of diabetic neuropathy -- Genomics of diabetic neuropathy -- Transgenic and gene knockout analysis -- Hyperglycemia-initiated mechanisms in diabetic neuorpathy -- Effectors-sonic hedgehog and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase -- Neuronal and Schwann cell death in diabetic neuropathy -- Metabolic-functional-structural correlations in somatic neuropathies in the spontaneously type 1 and type 2 diabetic BB-rats -- Experimental diabetic autonomic neuropathy -- Spinal cord: structure and function in diabetes -- Diabetic encephalopathy -- Microangiopathy, diabetes -- Pathogenesis of human diabetic neuropathy -- Clinical features of diabetic polyneuropathy -- Micro- and macrovascular disease in diabetic neuropathy -- Clinical diagnosis of diabetic neuropathy -- Punch skin biopsy in diabetic neuropathy -- Aldose reductase inhibitors for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy -- Other therapeutic agents for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy -- Pathophysiology of neuropathic pain -- Treatment of painful diabetic neuropathy -- Focal and multifocal diabetic neuropathy -- Hypoglycemia and the autonomic nervous system -- Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy -- Postural hypotension and anhidrosis -- Gastrointestinal syndromes due to diabetes mellitus -- Genitourinary complications -- Management of diabetic foot complications.
- Diabetic retinopathy 2010, Springer
- Diabetic retinopathy 2008, Springer1Nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy --2Proliferative diabetic retinopathy --3The epidemiology of diabetic retinopathy --4Diagnostic modalities in diabetic retinopathy --5In vivo models of diabetic retinopathy --6The polyol pathway and diabetic retinopathy --7The role of advanced glycation in diabetic retinopathy --8The role of protein kinase C in diabetic retinopathy --9Oxidative stress in diabetic retinopathy --10Pericyte loss in the diabetic retina --11Capillary dropout in diabetic retinopathy --12Neuroglial dysfunction in the pathophysiology of diabetic retinopathy --13The role of inflammation in the pathophysiology of diabetic retinopathy --14Vascular permeability in diabetic retinopathy --15Retinal neovascularization and the role of VEGF --16Beyond VEGF: other factors important in retinal neovascularization: potential targets in proliferative diabetic retinopathy --17Anti-VEGF therapy as an emerging treatment for diabetic retinopathy --18Clinical trials in protein kinase C-Beta inhibition in diabetic retinopathy --19The role of intravitreal steroids in the management of diabetic retinopathy --20Antagonism of the growth hormone axis as a therapeutic strategy for diabetic retinopathy --21Diabetic retinopathy and systemic complications.
- Diabetology of pregnancy 2005, KargerEpidemiology of pregestational and gestational diabetes / I. Pavliʹc-Renar, Z̆. Metelko -- Fuel-mediated 'functional teratogenesis' and primary prevention / A. Plagemann -- Endocrine changes in diabetic pregnancy / A. Kautzky-Willer, D. Bancher-Todesca -- Metabolic changes in diabetic pregnancy / E. Herrera -- Leptin in the diabetic pregnancy / S. Hauguet-De Mouzon, J. Lepercq, P. Catalano -- Maternal diabetes and embryonic development / R. De Hertogh -- Normal and abnormal fetal growth / I. Cetin, T. Radaelli -- Effect of nutrition on fetal development: a view on the pancreatic [beta]-cells / B. Blondeau, B. Breant -- The human placenta in diabetes / G. Desoye, P. Kaufmann -- Vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in the diabetic placenta / L. Leach, T.M. Mayhew -- Morphological findings in infants and placentas of diabetic mothers / M. Kos, M. Vogel -- Principles of evidence-based medicine: the lesson for diabetic pregnancy / T.R. Pieber -- The Graz approach to diabetes in pregnancy / P.A.M. Weiss, G. Desoye -- Clinical management of pregnancies complicated with type 1/type 2 diabetes mellitus / J. Djelmis̆ -- Nutritional management of diabetes in pregnancy / A. Dornhorst, G. Frost -- Diabetes-related antibodies and pregnancy / R. Corcoy, D. Mauricio, A. De Leiva -- Insulin and oral hypoglycemic agents in pregnancy / Z̆. Metelko, I. Pavliʹc-Renar -- Continuous glucose monitoring for the evaluation and improved treatment adjustment in gravid women with diabetic pregnancy / M. Hod, Y. Yogev -- Fetal hypoxia and its monitoring in pregestational diabetic pregnancies / K.A. Teramo, V.K. Hiilesmaa -- Ultrasonic surveillance of the diabetic fetus / M. Ivanis̆eviʹc -- Diabetic pregnancy: maternal metabolic and microvascular issues in type 1 diabetes mellitus / D.W.M. Pearson -- Pre-eclampsia in women with type 1 diabetes / E.R. Mathiesen and P. Damm -- Management of delivery / V.A. Miller, M.D.G. Gillmer -- Offspring of diabetic pregnancy / B. Persson, U.J. Eriksson, U. Hanson -- Long-term consequences of gestational diabetes mellitus / J. Lauenborg, E.R. Mathiesen, P. Damm.
- Doves, diplomats, and diabetes 2013, Springer1. A Darwinian Way of Thinking -- 2. Diabetes in a Textbook -- 3. Diabetes in an Undergraduate Class -- 4. The Rise and Fall of Thrift -- 5. Of Hawks and Doves -- 6. Of Soldiers and Diplomats -- 7. The Physiology of Aggression -- 8. Deploying the Immunological Garrison -- 9. Why Population Density Matters -- 10. Time to Give Up Stress -- 11. Fat: Beyond Energy Storage -- 12. Why Blood Sugar Goes Up -- 13. Beating Around the "Wrong" Bush? -- 14. Behavioral Deficiencies and Behavioral Supplementation -- 15. Where Do We Go From Here?
- Drug therapy for Type 2 Diabetes 2012, SpringerThis Adis Pocket Reference presents an up-to-date, succinct, and practical approach to drug therapy for type 2 diabetes.
- Educating your patient with diabetes 2009, Springer
- Embedding education into diabetes practice 2005, Karger
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age 2011, Springer
- Experimental approaches to diabetic retinopathy 2010, KargerClinical presentations and pathological correlates of retinopathy / T. Bek -- Retinal vascular permeability in health and disease / V. Poulaki -- In vivo models of diabetic retinopathy / L. Zheng, T.S. Kern -- Pericyte loss in the diabetic retina / F. Pfister, J. Lin, H.-P. Hammes -- Neuroglia in the diabetic retina / A. Bringmann, A. Reichenbach -- Regulatory and pathogenic roles of Müller glial cells in retinal neovascular processes and their potential for retinal regeneration / G.A. Limb, H. Jayaram -- Growth factors in the diabetic eye / R. Simó, C. Hernández -- Balance between pigment epithelium-derived factor and vascular endothelial growth factor in diabetic retinopathy / N. Ogata, J. Tombran-Tink -- The renin-angiotensin system in the eye / K. Strøder, T. Unger, U.M. Steckelings -- Interactions of leukocytes with the endothelium / T. Chavakis -- Stem and progenitor cells in the retina / N. Sengupta ... [et al.] -- Current approaches to retinopathy as a predictor of cardiovascular risk / N. Cheung, G. Liew, T.Y. Wong.
- Functional foods, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes 2004, CRCnetBASEThe potential and limits of functional foods in preventing cardiovascular disease -- Assessing health claims for functional foods -- Diet and the prevention of coronary heart disease -- The role of fat-soluble nutrients and antioxidants in preventing heart disease -- Vitamin E and other antioxidants in the prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Iron intake and cardiovascular disease -- Diet and diabetes: prevention and control -- Nutritional risk factors in the development of type 1 and type 2 diabetes -- Flavonoids and cardiovascular disease -- Isoflavones and coronary heart disease -- Plant sterols and cholesterol reduction -- Garlic and cardiovascular disease -- Diet, oxidative stress and cardiovascular disease -- Dietary fat, pregnancy and the prevention of heart disease -- Developing polyunsaturated fatty acids as functional ingredients -- Marine micro-organisms as new sources of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) -- Developments in fat replacers -- Starch in food: diabetes and coronary heart disease -- The use of cereal beta-glucans to control diabetes and cardiovascular disease -- Grain legumes and the prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Food fermentation by lactic acid bacteria for the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Genetic landscape of diabetes 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Gestational diabetes during and after pregnancy 2010, Springer
- Glycemic control in the hospitalized patient 2011, Springer
- Handbook of diabetes management 2006, Springer
- History of diabetes in pregnancy 2012, Springer
- Insulin therapy 2013, SpringerDiabetes is extremely common, with approximately 171 million people affected worldwide. The majority of people with diabetes are cared for in primary care. Primary health care professionals are usually adept at dealing with the lifestyle measures and tablet treatments for diabetes, but generally have limited expertise in the initiation and management of insulin therapy. Insulin therapy has also become more complex, with numerous different forms of insulin and more complex delivery devices available. In a secondary care setting, approximately 10% of in-patients will have diabetes at any one time. People with diabetes stay in hospital longer than people without diabetes, and the condition is often poorly managed during in-patient stays, often leading to clinical errors. Insulin Therapy: A Pocket Guide provides clear and concise information about the safe prescribing of insulin both subcutaneously and intravenously. It covers the different types of insulin, the delivery devices, side effects of insulin and, most importantly, guidance on rational dose adjustment.This book is an invaluable guide for general practitioners and primary care nurses with a special interest in diabetes, as well as junior hospital doctors and specialist medical trainees, advanced nurse practitioners and new diabetes nurse specialists.
- Joslin's Diabetes mellitus. 14th ed 2005, Ovid
- Management of pediatric obesity and diabetes 2011, SpringerThe twin epidemics of obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) continue to affect an ever increasing number of children, adolescents, and young adults. Management of Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes provides healthcare trainees and professionals with practical, comprehensive, and contemporary approaches to the pediatric patient at risk for obesity, T2DM, and related conditions. A unique guide on the subject, this volume provides clinical paradigms for diagnosis and management of pediatric T2DM and related conditions, while succinctly describing state-of-the-art basic and clinical sciences underlying these problems. The chapters in this volume are independent and concise. Each chapter focuses on a key clinical issue or mechanism of disease. Providing practical, data-driven resources based upon the totality of the evidence, this important text helps the reader understand the basics of pediatric obesity and T2DM and implement strategies to prevent and treat obesity and diabetes in children and adolescents. Management of Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes provides health professionals across many areas of research and practice with up-to-date, well-referenced, and comprehensive evidence on identification, treatment, and prevention of these chronic, serious, metabolic diseases in children. This volume will serve the reader as the most authoritative resource in the field to date.
- Nanotechnology and nanomedicine in diabetes 2012, CRCnetBASE"Understanding the importance of nanosciences is somewhat problematic as a great deal of text can be rather technical in nature with little consideration to the novice. In this book information is readable as it has sections for the novice and expert alike. Each chapter has an abstract, "key facts", and a "mini-dictionary" of key terms and phrases within each chapter. Each chapter has a summary in point form The book covers for example, introductions to the field, lipid matrix nanoparticles, atomic force microscopy, characterization of tissues at the nanometer scale, antisense oligonucleotides, carbon nanotubes, , nanocomposites, nanorods, carbon nanomaterials, nanolabeled diabetogenic, nanofiber wound dressings, and nanotechnology footsocks"--Provided by publisher.
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases 2008, Springer
- New strategies to advance pre/diabetes care 2013, SpringerGlobal figures argue in favour of preventive measures and personalised treatment to optimise inadequate diabetes care -- Three levels of prediction, prevention and individualised treatment algorithms to advance diabetes care: integrative approach -- Diabetes Mellitus: new challenges and innovative therapies -- Identification of biomarkers for beta cell failure as detection tools for predictive screening in Type 2 pre-diabetes -- Endothelial dysfunction in diabetes: role of circulating biomarkers as potential diagnostic and prognostic tools -- Correction of diabetes-induced endothelial progenitor dysfunction to promote retinal vascular repair -- Oxidative stress and apoptotic biomarkers in diabetic retinopathy -- Diabetic retinopathy: the need for predictive, preventive and personalized approach to management -- The rle of inflammatory cytokines in diabetic nephropathy: potential use as predictive markers for early detection and progression -- Preventing hyperglycemia and tissue injury in diabetes: the dynamic role of 2, 3 indoleaminedioxygenase (IDO) in diabetes and its complications -- An integrative approach to chronic wounds in patients with diabetes: PPPM in action -- Understanding inflammation: the key to targeted preventive measures for diabetes and periodontitis -- Cancer predisposition in diabetic patients: risk assessment and targeted preventive measures -- Recognition of individual risks by analysis of subcellular imaging insights into chromium picolinate therapy in pre/diabetes care, search into its safety and opinion controversy -- Remote control in diabetes -- Drug delivery systems for predictive medicine: polymers as tools for advanced applications.
- New transcription factors and their role in diabetes and therapy 2006, ScienceDirectTranscription factor genes in type 2 diabetes / by M.N. Weedon, A.T. Hattersley & T.M. Frayling -- PPAR[gamma], a key therapeutic target in the metabolic syndrome-unique insights derived from the study of human genetic variants / by C.S. Mitchell & M. Gurnell -- PPAR[delta]: emerging therapeutic potential of novel agonists in lipid and glucose homeostasis / by U. Dressel & G.E.O. Muscat -- Liver X receptors as potential drug targets for diabetes and its disorders / by K.R. Steffenson -- SREBP-lc regulation of nutrient homeostasis and lipid accumulation / by P. Ferré ... [et al.] -- The adipocyte and adipose tissue as endocrine organs: impact on the insulin resistance phenotype / by R.R. Henry ... [et al.] -- FOXC2 in the adipocyte / by S. Enerbäck -- Regulation of adipocyte differentiation and metabolism by Wnt signaling and C/EBP transcription factors / by I. Gerin, H.D. Cha & O.A. MacDougald -- GATA proteins as molecular gatekeepers of adipogenesis / by J. Tsai, Q. Tong & G.S. Hotamisligil -- Forkhead proteins and the regulation of hepatic gene expression / by A. Barthel, S. Herzig & D. Schmoll -- Disruption of CREB regulated of gene expression in diabetes / by J.E.B. Reusch, P.A. Watson & S. Pugazhenthi -- Regulation of PGC-1 in humans with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes: functional implications / by J. Pihlajamäki & M.E. Patti -- Hepatic CCAAT/enhancer binding protein [beta] (C/EBP[beta]): engineer of diabetes, obesity, and inflammatory disease processes / by J.M. Schroeder-Gloeckler, S.M. Rahman & J.E. Friedman -- Insulin resistance, inflammation, and the IKK/I[kappa]B/NF-[kappa]B pathway by B.A. Bhatt & R.M. O'Doherty.
- Nutrition and diabetes 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity and diabetes 2006, SpringerObesity and diabetes: the historical events marking the evolution of the understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of two related diseases / George Karanastasis and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Epidemiology of obesity and diabetes: prevalence and trends / Susanna C. Larsson and Alicja Wolk -- Genetics of obesity and diabetes / Despina Sanoudou and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Nutrients and peripherally secreted molecules in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, Diana Barb, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Central integration of peripheral signals in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, George Karanastasis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Role of energy expenditure in regulation of energy homeostasis / Eric S. Bachman -- Pathophysiology of diabetes in obesity / Geetha R. Soodini and Osama Hamdy -- Diagnosing obesity, diabetes mellitus and the insulin resistance syndrome / Diana Barb and Christos S. Mantzoros --Metabolic syndrome / Rochelle L. Chaiken and Mary Ann Banerji -- Obesity, diabetes, and hypertension / Anjanette S. Tan ... [et al.] -- Dyslipidemia associated with diabetes and insulin resistance syndromes / Jody Dushay and J. Peter Oettgen -- Obesity, diabetes, and endothelial dysfunction / Geetha R. Soodini, Edward S. Horton, and Osama Hamdy -- Atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease: sequelae of obesity and diabetes / Satish N. Nadig and Allen Hamdan -- Obesity, diabetes, and risk of cancer: a review of epidemiological studies / Susanna C. Larsson, Hans-Olov Adami, and Alicja Wolk -- Polycystic ovary syndrome a and its metabolic complications / Emilia P. Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood and adolescence / Susann Blüher and Wieland Kiess -- Diabetic retinopathy / Vassiliki Poulaki and Joan W. Miller -- Obesity and renal disease / Ayman Geneidy and Richard Solomon --Diabetic peripheral neuropathy / Rachel Nardin and Roy Freeman -- The diabetic foot / Thanh L. Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Erectile dysfunction / Kenneth J. Snow -- Infections in diabetes mellitus / Sotirios Tsiodras ... [et al.] -- The HAART-induced metabolic syndrome / Sotirios Tsiodras, Theodore Kelesidis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Diet and lifestyle in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes / Frank B. Hu -- Diet, exercise, and behavioral treatment of obesity / George L. Blackburn -- Medical approaches to the treatment of the obese patient / George A. Bray and Donna H. Ryan -- Medical treatment of the obese patient with type 2 diabetes / Jean L. Chan, Christos S. Mantzoros and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Surgical treatment of obesity and diabetes / Benjamin E. Schneider and Edward C. Mun -- Future developments in the area of pharmacotherapy: molecules in early-stage preclinical development and in clinical trials that may affect energy homeostasis / Diana Barb, Greeshma K. Shetty, and Christos S. Mantzoros.
- Painful diabetic neuropathy in clinical practice 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Diabetic Neuropathies -- Classification and Clinical Features -- Diagnosis and Staging -- Management of Neuropathic Pain.
- Painful diabetic polyneuropathy 2013, SpringerPainful diabetic polyneuropathy is the most common and disturbing of painful conditions experienced by people with diabetes. As the diabetes rate continues to grow, the number of people suffering from painful diabetic polyneuropathy will as well - increasing both patient suffering and demands on healthcare resources. Painful Diabetic Polyneuropathy covers all aspects of these painful disorders from pathophysiology and diagnosis, treatment and prevention, future approaches and the nursing perspective, to billing issues and the patient's experience.
- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes 2007, SpringerPharmacoepidemiology of diabetes -- New definitions of diabetes: consequences -- The insulin resistance syndrome: concept and therapeutic approaches -- Medical emergencies-diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar hyperglycaemia -- Notes on the use of glucagon in type 1 diabetes -- Insulin and new insulin analogues, insulin pumps and inhaled insulin in type 1 diabetes -- Insulin and new insulin analogues with focus on type 2 diabetes -- The place of insulin secretagogues in the treatment of type 2 diabetes in the twenty-first century -- Metformin-from devil to angel -- The glitazones, lessons so far -- Antidiabetic combination therapy -- The incretin modulators-incretin mimetics (GLP-1 receptor agonists) and incretin enhancers (DPP-4 inhibitors) -- The role of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors (acarbose) -- Multifactorial intervention in type 2 diabetes -- Obesity and pharmacological treatment -- Management of diabetic dyslipidaemia -- Coronary intervention and ischemic cardioprotection in diabetic patients -- ACE-I and ARB and blood pressure lowering, including effect on renal disease. Treatment of advanced diabetic renal disease -- Aspirin and antiplatelet drugs in the prevention of cardiovascular complications of diabetes -- Glycosylation inhibitors, PKC inhibitors and related interventions against complications -- Diabetic foot ulcers -- Pharmacotherapy in diabetic neuropathy -- Pregnancy-pharmacological problems - Pharmacotherapy of diabetic retinopathy -- Pharmacotherapy in diabetic sexual dysfunction -- A bone perspective -- Achieving guideline control with new pharmacotherapies; albumin-binding by acylation of insulin and GLP-1 -- Pharmacotherapy of diabetes.
- Proceedings of the 61st Annual Fall Conference and Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association Council for High Blood Pressure Research, held September 26 to 29, 2007 in Tucson Ariz. 2008, HighWire
- Psychology and diabetes care 2012, Springer
- Stem cell therapy for diabetes 2010, Springer
- Type 1 diabetes 2012, Springer
- Type 2 diabetes 2009, Springer Protocols
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus 2008, SpringerEpidemiology of Type 2 Diabetes -- Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Metabolic mechanisms of muscle insulin resistance -- Fat metabolism in insulin resistance and Type 2 Diabetes -- Detection and diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes - Therapies for delay or prevention of Type 2 Diabetes -- Postprandial hyperglycemia -- Medical nutrition therapy in Type 2 Diabetes -- Exercise as an effective treatment for Type 2 Diabetes -- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: an evidence-based approach to practical management: noninsulin pharmacological therapies -- The transition from oral agents to combination insulin/oral therapy -- Intensive insulin therapy in T2DM -- Hypoglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes -- Type 2 Diabetes and concomitant illness: the prepared practice -- Adherence to practice guidelines for people with Diabetes Mellitus -- Treatment of hypertension in Type 2 Diabetes -- Lipoproteins in Diabetes: risk and opportunity -- Management of coronary artery disease in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Peripheral vascular disease and stroke in Type 2 Diabetes -- Obesity and its treatment in Type 2 Diabetes -- The liver in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus -- Developing criteria for defining Type 2 Diabetes in pregnancy -- Metabolic complications of polycystic ovary syndrome -- Erectile dysfunction in Diabetes -- Sexual dysfunction in women with Type 2 Diabetes -- Depression in Type 2 Diabetes -- Atypical forms in Type 2 Diabetes -- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 and stress: pathophysiology and treatment -- Pharmacologic factors affecting glycemic control -- Influencing self-management: from compliance to collaboration.
- Type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome 2005, SpringerPathophysiology of type 2 diabetes -- Guidelines and classifications -- Exercise -- Nutrition -- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome -- Oral agents for type 2 diabetes -- Insulin use -- Macrovascular disease -- Microvascular disease -- Diabetic dyslipidemia -- Hypertension in diabetics -- Glycemic control -- Risk reduction in the diabetic patient.
- Pathophysiology of type-2 diabetes -- Guidelines and classifications -- Exercise -- Nutrition -- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome -- Oral agents for type-2 diabetes -- Insulin use -- Non-insulin injectables -- Macrovascular disease -- Microvascular disease -- Diabetic dyslipidemia -- Hypertension in diabetics -- The pathophysiology and metabolic impact of hyperglycemia -- Risk reduction in the diabetic patient -- Diabetes in special populations.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases