Books by Subject
- 3D histology evaluation of dermatologic surgery 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- The Basics for Excision and Flattening -- Embedding and Sectioning -- Dividing Tumors and Topographical Orientation -- Communication with the Lab -- The Aftermath or How to Excise Until Clear Margins -- Variations for Special Locations and Large, Deep Penetrating Tumors -- How to Perform 3D Histology on Different Types of Tumors -- Terminology and Facts.
- Adverse cutaneous drug eruptions 2012, Karger"The skin is one of the most frequently involved organs in adverse drug reactions. Occurring with an incidence of 1 to 5 percent for certain types of drugs, cutaneous drug eruptions are mostly benign in nature, and comprise the maculopapular type of eruption and urticaria. However, about one third of them require hospital treatment, leading to a considerable burden for the health care system. In this book, a selected group of experts provide an up-to-date, condensed and clinically relevant overview of the field of cutaneous drug eruptions, ranging from epidemiology and genetic predisposition to available therapeutic measures, including rapid drug desensitization. Reflecting the great progress made in recent years in this field, this publication will be a useful tool for a better understanding, diagnosis and management of cutaneous drug eruptions, not only for general physicians, dermatologists and clinical allergologists, but also for nurses and scientists." -- publisher's site.
- Aesthetic applications of intense pulsed light 2011, SpringerSkin anatomy -- Light tissue interactions -- Intense pulsed light safety: legal issues -- How to organize the IPL treatment room -- Patient selection -- Skin photorejuvenation -- Hair removal -- IPL treatment for vascular lesions -- Complications.
- Aging hair 2010, SpringerGerontobiology of the Hair Follicle / Desmond J. Tobin -- Molecular Basis of Androgenetic Alopecia / Valerie Anne Randall -- Inflammatory Phenomena and Fibrosis in Androgenetic Alopecia / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Post-Menopausal Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia / Steven Kossard -- Female Pattern Hair Loss / M. Javed Mohungoo and Andrew G. Messenger -- Hair Growth Parameters in Pre- and Postmenopausal Women / Paradi Mirmirani, Fangyi Luo, Scott R. Youngquist, Brian K. Fisher and James Li, et al. -- Comparative Histopathology of Androgenetic Alopecia, Diffuse Alopecia, and Senescent Alopecia / David A. Whiting -- Comparative Gene Expression Profiling of Senescent and Androgenetic Alopecia Using Microarray Analysis / Paradi Mirmirani and Pratima Karnik -- The Aging Hair Pigmentary Unit / Desmond J. Tobin -- Oxidative Stress Associated Melanocyte-Loss and Hair Growth Capacity in the Aging Hair Follicle: A Model for Tissue-Specific Aging / Eva M. J. Peters -- Human Hair Follicle Melanocytes as a Proxy Cell Type in Neurodegeneration Research / Nikolaos Papageorgiou, Elisabeth Carpenter and Desmond J. Tobin -- Effect of UV Radiation on Scalp and Hair Growth / Claudine Piérard-Franchimont, Pascale Quatresooz and Gérald E. Piérard -- Hair Photoaging / Won-Soo Lee -- Effect of Tobacco Smoking on Hair / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Age-Related General Problems Affecting the Condition of Hair / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Aging of Scalp and Age-Related Disorders of Scalp / Desmond Gan and Rodney Sinclair -- Care of Aging Hair and Photoprotection / Zoe Diana Draelos -- Possibilities and Limitations for Reversal of Age-Related Hair Loss / Nina Otberg, Isabel Restrepo and Jerry Shapiro -- Possibilities and Limitations for Reversal of Age-Related Pigment Loss / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Evidence-Based Hair Transplantation / Andreas M. Finner -- Future Directions: Gene Polymorphism Diagnostics Relevant to Hair / Justine A. Ellis -- Future Directions : The Known and Unknown Roles of Hair-Follicle Stem Cell Types / Robert M. Hoffman -- Future Directions: Bioengineering the Hair Follicle / Kurt S. Stenn, Ying Zheng and Jen-Chih Hsieh -- Hair After Death / Andrew S. Wilson and Desmond J. Tobin.
- Animal models of T cell-mediated skin diseases 2005, Springer
- Atlas of Dermatological Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disease provides a comprehensive compendium of digestive tract diseases with dermatological manifestations. The work is arranged by digestive symptoms, with sections based on the specific digestive disease etiology. Each section contains paired chapters of text, one on gastrointestinal manifestations and the other on dermatological manifestations. The atlas includes clinical presentations, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic tests/procedures, pathology, and references presented with substantial numbers of images.
- Atlas of dermatology in internal medicine 2012, Springer[1.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Connective Tissue Diseases / Lesliane E. Castro-Santana, José González Chávez, Jennifer Rullán, and Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes -- [2.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Pulmonary Disease / Jennifer Rullán, Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes, Annie Vaillant, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [3.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Renal Disease / Lilliam S. Chiqués Colón and Rosbel González Rivera -- [4.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Diseases / María I. Vázquez-Roque and Wilfredo E. De Jesús-Monge -- [5.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Common Endocrine Disease / Inés M. Hernández and Yanira Marrero -- [6.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Internal Malignancy and Paraneoplastic Syndromes / Zelma C. Chiesa-Fuxench, Liliana Ramírez, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [7.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Infectious Diseases / Elena Montalván Miró and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [8.] Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease / Humberto M. Guiot, Carlos G. Sánchez Sergenton, Carlos J. Sánchez Rivera, and Rosbel González Rivera -- [9.] Cutaneous Disorders in the Intensive Care Unit / Tania M. González Santiago and Jacobo M. Orenstein Cardona.
- Atlas of essential dermatopathology 2013, Springer
- Atlas of geriatric dermatology 2014, SpringerThis is a comprehensive, practical, densely illustrated diagnostic and therapeutic guide for all geriatric dermatology providers. The book comprises 50 chapters and over 600 color photographs on topics ranging from common conditions such as basal cell carcinoma, rosacea, and seborrheic dermatitis to unusual conditions such as angiosarcoma, dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, and porphyria cutanea tarda. Sections include:- Inflammatory conditions (including contact dermatitis, alopecia, erythema multiforme, pemphigus, bullous pemphigoid, porphyria, pruritus, psoriasis, rosacea, seborrhea, urticaria.
- Atlas of male genital disorders 2013, SpringerMale genital disorders represent a common issue in medical practice, especially in the dermatological setting. Correct clinical evaluation of these disorders is essential when addressing the diagnosis, which in some cases may require histopathological confirmation. Depending on the disease, early diagnosis may be not only lifesaving, but also of fundamental importance to the planning of successful treatment. This atlas introduces the most common penile diseases, along with more rarely encountered ones. It provides invaluable guidance on clinical diagnosis by highlighting prominent clinical features and presenting particular videodermatoscopy findings when these are indicative of the diagnosis. In addition, for each condition the most appropriate treatment is proposed, taking into account recent therapeutic advances of proven benefit.
- Atlas of pediatric cutaneous biodiversity 2012, Springer
- Atlas of practical Mohs histopathology 2013, Springer
- Atlas of scar treatment and correction 2012, SpringerThis atlas is a comprehensive guide to the treatment and correction of scars. It is divided into four sections covering the different types of scar: atrophic and stretch marks, keloid and hypertrophic, normotrophic, and mixed. For each scar type, the various invasive and minimally invasive procedures and their results are documented with the aid of numerous high-quality photographs. In the section on keloid and hypertrophic scars, treatment is presented according to scar localization. In addition, the influence of etiology on treatment is considered, with distinction between scars due to injuries, animal bites, inflammatory diseases (including acne and varicella), and burns. Care is taken to distinguish between approaches suitable for fresh scars (in the inflammation, proliferation, and maturation phases) and those appropriate for scars present for more than one year. Potential adverse effects and complications of treatment are also explored.
- Atlas of skin cancers 2011, Springer
- Atlas of trichoscopy 2012, Springer
- Atopic dermatitis in childhood and adolescence 2011, KargerAtopic dermatitis is amongst the most common disorders of the skin in young people around the world. This book presents the newest insights and novel concepts in relation to all aspects of this skin disorder. Classification, clinical features and differential diagnosis are reviewed in the first chapter, while risk factors, susceptibility and an epidemiological overview are outlined in the next chapter, followed by a detailed discussion of the immunology of the skin and the pathophysiology of dermatitis. Further chapters present new data delineating clinical aspects of current genetic findings and insights into concepts of neuroimmunology, as well as the very crucial and severe clinical aspect of itching. New data on the topic of inhalant allergy, specific immunologic treatments and the latest on food allergy are also included.
- Autoimmune diseases of the skin. 3rd rev. and enl. ed. 2011, SpringerPathogenesis of autoimmune diseases / Martin Röcken and Tilo Biedermann -- Autoantibody detection using indirect immunofluorescence on HEp-2 cells / Philipp von Landenberg -- Pemphigus / Michael Hertl and Rüdiger Eming -- Bullous pemphigoid : clinical features, diagnostic markers, and immunopathogenic mechanisms / Giovanni Di Zenzo ... [et al.] -- Dermatitis herpetiformis duhring / Christian Rose and Detlef Zillikens -- Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / Gene Kim ... [et al.] -- Localized scleroderma / Cristián Vera Kellet, Catherine H. Orteu, and Jan P. Dutz -- Progressive systemic scleroderm / Nicolas Hunzelmann and Thomas Krieg -- Chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus / Michael Sticherling -- Subacute cutaneous and systemic lupus erythematosus / Donna M. Pellowski, Jane E. Kihslinger, and Richard D. Sontheimer -- Dermatomyositis / Ruth Ann Vleugels and Jeffrey P. Callen -- Mixed connective tissue disease / Reiji Kasukawa -- Sjögren's Syndrome / Robert I. Fox and Carla M. Fox -- Psoriasis vulgaris and arthopathica / Arnd Jacobi and Jörg Christoph Prinz -- Chronic urticaria as an autoimmune disease / Clive Grattan, Michihiro Hide, and Malcolm W. Greaves -- Lichen planus, lichenoid eruptions and cutaneous grant-versus-host-reaction / Miklós Simon, Jr. -- Small vessel vasculitides / Peter Lamprecht and Wolfgang L. Gross -- Skin manifestations of rheumatic diseases / Camille Francés and Nicolas Kluger -- Vitiligo / Karin U. Schallreuter -- Alopecia areata / Pia Freyschmidt-Paul, Kevin McElwee, and Rolf Hoffmann -- Autoimmune phenomena in atopic dermatitis / Caroline Bussmann and Natalija Novak -- Eosinophils in autoimmune bullous diseases / Dagmar Simon and Hans-Uwe Simon -- Paraneoplastic syndromes of the skin / Peter Fritsch -- Targeted therapies in autoimmune and inflammatory skin disorders / Rüdiger Eming and Ingo H. Tarner.
- Basics in dermatological laser applications 2011, KargerIntroduction. --- History of lasers in dermatology -- Physical and electronic properties of lasers. --- Laser principles / Bogdan Allemann, I., Kaufman, J. --- Laser-induced tissue reactions and dermatology / Weber, R.J., Taylor, B.R., and Engelman, D.E. --- Laser safety / Dudelzak, J., Goldberg, D.J. -- Laser applications in dermatology. --- Ablative skin resurfacing / Chwalek, J., Goldberg, D. --- Non-ablative lasers / Ciocon, D.H., Doshi, D., and Goldberg, D.J. --- Fractional photothermolysis / Bogdan Allemann, I., Kaufman, J. -- Indications for laser applications. --- Vascular lesions / Ting, P.T., Rao, J. --- Benign pigmented lesions / Bogdan Allemann, I., Goldberg, D.J. --- Tattoo removal / Adatto, M.A., Halachmi, S., and Lapidoth, M. --- Hair removal / Haedersdal, M., Haak, C.S. --- Photoaging / Grunebaum, L.D., Heffelfinger, R.N. --- Scars / Elsaie, M.L. ... [et al.] --- Acne vulgaris / Läuchli, S. --- Skin tightening / Woolery-Lloyd, H., Kammer, J.N. --- Special considerations for darker-skinned patients / Chan, H.H.L. --- At-home laser and light-based devices / Brown, A.S. -- Non-laser technologies/light-based systems. --- Intense pulsed light / Schoenewolf, N.L., Barysch, M.J., and Dummer, R. --- Light-emitting diode / Gold, M.H. --- Photodynamic therapy / Gold, M.H.
- Behçet's syndrome 2010, SpringerIntroduction: dedicated Mondays and an acquaintance-based view of Behçet's syndrome -- History and diagnosis -- Epidemiology of Behçet's syndrome and regional differences in disease expression -- The mucocutaneous manifestations of pathergy reaction in Behçet's disease -- Eye disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's syndrome and the nervous system -- Vascular disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis in Behçet's syndrome -- Locomotor system disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's disease: gastrointestinal involvement -- Miscellaneous manifestations of Behçet's disease -- Juvenile Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's disease: pathology -- Disease mechanisms -- Genetics of Behçet's disease -- Animal models of Behçet's disease -- Prognosis in Behçet's syndrome -- Disease assessment in Behçet's disease -- Medical management of Behçet's syndrome.
- Bioactive dietary factors and plant extracts in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Biofunctional textiles and the skin 2006, Karger
- Botulinum toxin in aesthetic medicine 2007, Springer
- Buka's Emergencies in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Burn care and treatment 2013, SpringerInitial Assessment, Resuscitation, Wound Evaluation and Early Care /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Pathophysiology of Burn Injury /Marc G. Jeschke --Wound Healing and Wound Care /Gerd G. Gauglitz --Infections in Burns /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Acute Burn Surgery /Lars-Peter Kamolz --Critical Care of Burn Victims Including Inhalation Injury /Marc G. Jeschke --Nutrition of the Burned Patient and Treatment of the Hypermetabolic Response /Marc G. Jeschke --Nursing Management of the Burn-Injured Person /Judy Knighton --Electrical Injury, Chemical Burns, and Cold Injury "Frostbite" /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Long-Term Pathophysiology and Consequences of a Burn Including Scarring, HTS, Keloids and Scar Treatment, Rehabilitation, Exercise /Gerd G. Gauglitz --Burn Reconstruction Techniques /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Stephan Spendel.
- Case studies in systemic sclerosis 2011, Springer
- Challenging cases in dermatology 2013, SpringerChallenging Cases in Dermatology provides a strategic and analytic way of thinking about unusual dermatologic presentations. Every case presented within this book is a unique story, but the clinical decision pathways used to reach an appropriate solution are similar. A wide range of cases are covered including many extremely rare diseases and rare presentations of diseases that are not, themselves, uncommon. A familiarity with such unusual cases will provide the dermatologist with increased knowledge, a wider perspective, and innovative techniques that can be used to solve diagnostic dilemmas.The author has used his vast experience in practicing dermatology to create a visual reference for skin disease, with the emphasis on working through each case as presented, starting with the clinical data, histological slides, and other available investigations. Each chapter includes a brief discussion of each extraordinary case and includes epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical and histological features, differential diagnosis, definite diagnosis, prognosis, and management.
- Chemical and physical behavior of human hair. 5th ed. 2012, Springer
- Clinical and basic immunodermatology 2008, Springer
- Clinical and pathological aspects of skin diseases in endocrine, metabolic, nutritional and deposition disease 2010, Springer
- Clinical cases in geriatric dermatology 2013, SpringerThe demographic imperative has reached the shores of dermatology. By 2020 those aged 65 years and older will comprise a quarter of the US population, and this percentage will be even more significant in less developed countries. As a specialty, dermatology needs to respond to this unprecedented demographic shift. Over the last few decades dermatology has enjoyed a sustained improvement in understanding of the basic science of skin biology and an increase in proven effectiveness of clinical interventions. As dermatologists, leadership must be in place to provide specialized care for older adults; dermatology should be at the forefront of prevention and treatment of skin diseases and be able to recognize the dermatologic signs of chronic systemic disease so often noted in our elderly.Clinical Cases in Geriatric Dermatology represents a practical tool in understanding the skin of older people and includes chapters on the common presentations of dermatologic disease in the elderly population. It presents practical information to assist in making the correct clinical decision. The concise case-based organization of this book will help those in dermatology training programs, but will also be a welcome revision tool for qualified and recertifying dermatologists.
- Print Material
- Clinical dermatology. 5th ed. 2010., MD Consult
- Conceived as a guide for practitioners in their work in dermatology, this book is unique in its approach. From cutaneous signs to the richness of differential diagnosis, it guides practitioners through every step, from semiological analysis to diagnosis. The aim is to provide readers with the essentials of relevant dermatological reasoning. The first part of the book focuses on physical examination and on recognizing basic lesions, the practitioners building blocks. The diseases requiring understanding are then described in the form of a richly illustrated atlas, in which each diagram has been chosen as an exemplary educational tool. In the final part, differential diagnosis is proposed in the form of various tables summarizing the different cutaneous signs, providing readers with a complete toolkit to assist with diagnosis. This book will give trainee dermatologists, general physicians and internists the knowledge they need to identify basic lesions and a complete and detailed overview of the various diseases they are likely to encounter. At the same time, experienced dermatologists will find this book a valuable reference work for differential diagnosis.
- Clinical guide to skin & wound care. 7th ed. 2013, Ovid
- Clinical management in psychodermatology 2009, Springer
- Color atlas of chemical peels 2006, Springer
- Color atlas of chemical peels. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Color atlas of dermatology 2012, Thieme Book"Handy compendium of diagnosis and therapy of the major dermatologic diseases, brief and to the point. Clear presentation of complex themes and therapy principles with the aid of descriptive color plates and concise texts A multitude of images and color plates to aid visual understanding Also useful for revision, e.g. before oral examinations Visualisaton of complex contexts and techniques using actual cases Covers pathophysiology, therapy, clinical hallmarks, histology images"--Provided by publisher.
- Color atlas of melanocytic lesions of the skin 2007, Springer
- Color atlas of nails 2010, Springer
- Compendium of surface microscopic and dermoscopic features 2008, Springer
- Complications in cutaneous surgery 2008, SpringerSection I. Acute Surgical Complications -- Preoperative Evaluation / Marcy Neuburg -- Acute Emergencies in the Dermatology Office / Darrell J. Fader -- Nerve Injury / Shawn Allen and Roberta Sengelmann -- Hemorrhagic Complications in Cutaneous Surgery / Hugh M. Gloster -- Wound Infections / Gregory John Fulchiero and Elizabeth M. Billingsley -- Prophylaxis for Wound Infections and Endocarditis / Michelle Pipitone and Hugh M. Gloster -- Dehiscence and Necrosis / Ross M. Campbell and Raymond G. Dufresne -- Section II. Chronic Surgical Complications -- Hypertrophic Scars and Keloids / A. Paul Kelly -- Free Margin Distortion / Sumaira Z. Aasi and David Leffell -- Scar Revision and Camouflage / Tri H. Nguyen -- Miscellaneous Complications / Mary E. Maloney and Nathaniel J. Jellinek -- Section III. Complications of Cosmetic Procedures -- Preoperative Cosmetic Consultation and Psychological Complications of Cosmetic Surgery / Evan C. Jones and Dee Anna Glaser -- Complications of Ablative and Nonablative Lasers and Light Sources / Elizabeth L. Tanzi and Tina S. Alster -- Complications of Dermabrasion and Chemical Peeling Procedures / Chris Harmon and Betty Davis -- Complications of Liposuction / J. Barton Sterling and C. William Hanke -- Complications of Soft Tissue Fillers / Steven C. Bernstein -- Complications of Botulinum Toxin / Deborshi Roy and Neil S. Sadick -- Complications of Sclerotherapy / Girish S. Munavalli and Robert A. Weiss -- Complications of Facelifting Procedures / Greg S. Morganroth, Hayes B. Gladstone and Isaac M. Neuhaus.
- Contact dermatitis. 4th ed. 2006, Springer
- Contact dermatitis. 5th ed. 2011, Springer
- Controversies in the treatment of skin neoplasias 2006., KargerCutaneous lymphomas - radiotherapeutic strategies / Wilson, L.D., Jones, G.W., Smith, B.D. -- The clinical impact of T cell receptor rearrangement analysis in cutaneous T cell lymphoma / Assaf, C. -- Classification of primary cutaneous lymphomas / Assaf, C. ... [et al.] -- Basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma - radiotherapeutic approaches / Panizzon, R.G. -- Kaposi's sarcoma - radiotherapeutic aspects / Niewald, M.; Räbe, C. -- Pathogenesis and clinical manifestation of Kaposi's sarcoma / Geilen, C.C., Husak, R., Steinhoff, M. -- Merkel cell carcinoma - clinical presentation and treatment / Moll, I. -- Merkel cell carcinoma - uncommon and aggressive cutaneous tumour / Greiner, R.H. ... [et al.] -- Potential of radiation therapy in the multimodal management of Merkel cell carcinoma / Becker, G., Bottke, D. --Skin and other reactions to radiotherapy - clinical presentation and radiobiology of skin reactions / Dörr, W. -- Management of skin and related reactions to radiotherapy / Seegenschmiedt, H. -- Malignant melanoma - markers for progression and prognosis in malignant melanoma / Geilen, C.C. ... [et al.] -- Malignant melanoma - sentinel lymph node biopsy and surgical procedures / Kaufmann, R. -- The role of radiotherapy in malignant melanoma / Marnitz, S., Hoecht, S., Hinkelbein, W. -- Malignant melanoma: classification and staging of malignant melanoma / Eigentler, T.K., Garbe, C. -- Malignant melanoma: PET/CT as a staging procedure / Müller, S.P. -- Malignant melanoma - clinical development of peptide-based melanoma vaccines / Schmittel, A. ... [et al.].
- Cosmetic dermatology 2005, Springer
- Cutaneous lupus erythematosus 2005, Springer
- Cutaneous lymphomas v. 2, 2006., Springerv. 2 Unusual cases.
- Cutaneous neural neoplasms 2011, Springer
- Deadly dermatologic diseases 2007, Springer
- Dermal replacements in general, burn, and plastic surgery 2013, SpringerSkin: Architecture and Function -- Skin Tissue Engineering -- Use of Novel Biomaterial Design and Stem Cell Therapy in Cutaneous Wound Healing -- In Vivo Visualisation of Skin Graft Revascularisation -- The Role of Elastin in Wound Healing and Dermal Substitute Design -- Surface Modi fi cation by Cold Gasplasma: A Method to Optimise the Vascularisation of Biomaterials -- Collagen Matrices with Enhanced Angiogenic and Regenerative Capabilities -- 3D Visualisation of Skin Substitutes -- Wound Coverage Technologies in Burn Care-Established and Novel Approaches -- Collagen Implants in Hernia Repair and Abdominal Wall Surgery -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Dermatosurgery -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Breast Reconstruction: An Overview -- Reconstruction of the Skin in Posttraumatic Wounds -- Subdermal Tissue Regeneration -- Bioengineering and Analysis of Oral Mucosa Models -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Burn Surgery: Acute Phase -- Burn Reconstruction.
- Dermal tumors 2011, Springer
- Dermatoethics 2012, SpringerPart I. Dermatologist as Clinician -- 1. "Excuse Me...": Unsolicited Dermatologic Opinions: Ethical, Moral, and Legal Issues / Lionel Bercovitch -- 2. "Give Me Enbrel(TM) or Give Me Death": Confronting the Limits of Autonomy / Lionel Bercovitch -- 3. Direct-to-Consumer Advertising of Prescription Medications: Misguided "Autonomy" in the Information Age / Lisa Pappas-Taffer and Alexander Miller -- 4. Autonomy, Isotretinoin and iPLEDGE: The Ethics of Burdensome Regulation and Use of Teratogenic Medication / Kenneth E. Bloom and Lionel Bercovitch -- 5. "Who Speaks for the Child?" Consent, Assent, and Confidentiality in Pediatric Dermatology / Kenneth E. Bloom and Lionel Bercovitch -- 6. Therapeutic Privilege: If, When, and How to Lie to Patients / Richard G. Fried and Clifford Perlis -- 7. Communicating with Patients About Adverse Medical Events: If, When, and How to Say "I'm Sorry" / Steven Shama, Lyn Duncan, and Lionel Bercovitch -- 8. The Computer Will See You Now: Ethics of Teledermatology / Jennifer L. Weinberg, Rachel H. Gormley, and Carrie L. Kovarik -- 9. Hospital Consultations: Embracing Professionalism Even When It Hurts / Lauren E. Krug and Stephen E. Helms -- 10. The Extender Is In: Delegating Ethically, Ethical and Professional Issues Relating to Physician Extenders in Dermatology / Steven Rosenberg and Clifford Perlis --Part II. Dermatologist as Professional -- 11. Professional Boundaries: Safeguarding the Physician-Patient Relationship / Brandon H. Krupp -- 12. Taking Care of Uncle Bob's Rash: Should One Treat Family Members? / Sandra Osswald -- 13. Peering into the Gift Horse: Is It Ethical to Accept Gifts from Patients? / Lionel Bercovitch -- 14. The Dermatologist and Social Media: The Challenges of Friending and Tweeting / Jennifer A. Sbicca and Stanton K. Wesson -- 15. Respecting Differences: Dermatology in a Diverse Society / Vimal Prajapati and Benjamin Barankin -- 16. Dermatologists Within, Beyond and Struggling with Borders: The Global Dermatologist / Jennifer L. Weinberg -- 17. Feet of Clay: The Impaired Dermatologist / Brandon H. Krupp --Part III. Dermatologist as Teacher and Trainee -- 18. The Mentor-Mentee Relationship: The Devil Is in the Details / Kimberly L. Merkel, John A. Cole, and Stanton K. Wesson -- 19. Tales from the Residency Interview Trail / Jennifer A. Sbicca and Alfred T. Lane -- 20. Ethics Education for Residents: Growing Pains and Learning Crises / Irèn Kossintseva and Benjamin Barankin -- 21. Teaching Ethics in Clinic: Keeping You Smart and Honest / Nely Z. Aldrich and Eliot N. Mostow --Part IV. Dermatologist as Businessperson -- 22. Boutiques, Botox®, and Basal Cells: Can Dermatology Set Its Priorities? / Jeffrey J. Meffert and Maria Villegas -- 23. The Price Is Right: Office Dispensing and Product Pricing / Tivon Sidorsky -- 24. My Elixir, MD: Morphing a Medical Degree into a Skincare Brand / Julie Cantor -- 25. Marketing the Physician: From Antitrust to Distrust / Catherine L. Kowalewski and Jeffrey J. Meffert -- 26. What the Market Will Bear? Ethical and Professional Issues in Medical Fees / Carl Johnson and Lionel Bercovitch -- 27. Spa, MD: When Dermatology Meets Aromatherapy / Tivon Sidorsky and Lionel Bercovitch -- 28. Gatekeepers, Dermatologists, and Their Patients: Mixed Messages in Managed Care / Lindsey A. Brodell, Robert T. Brodell, and Brendan Minogue -- 29. Ethical Adventures in 21st Century Dermatopathology / Homer O. Wiland IV, Barry D. Kels, and Jane Grant-Kels -- 30. Defining the Gray Zone: Client Billing and Contractual Joint Ventures / Homer O. Wiland IV, Barry D. Kels, and Jane Grant-Kels -- 31. No Strings Attached? Managing Conflicts of Interest in Medicine / Noah D. Shannon and Clifford Perlis --Part V Dermatologist as Scholar -- 32. Respecting Human Subjects: Responsibilities of the Clinical Investigator / Kenneth Katz and Samual Garner -- 33. Hope, Hype, and Genotype: Genetic Testing in Dermatological Diseases / Natasha Shur -- 34. Desperate Measures for Desperate Patients: Translational Research in Epidermolysis Bullosa / Alfred T. Lane -- 35. Reading Between the Lines: Can Peer Reviewers Be Expected to Detect Fraud? / Jason D. Gillum, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 36. Hiding Behind the Curtain: Anonomyous Versus Open Peer Review / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 37. Ghost Busting in Dermatology Publications: Providing Byline Integrity / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 38. Telling the Same Tale Twice: Déjà vu and the Shades of Grey in Self-Plagiarism / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 39. Cutting Edge or Cutting Corners? Innovative Care / Jolion McGreevy and Clifford Perlis.
- Dermatologic complications with body art 2010, Springer
- Dermatologic immunity 2008, KargerAllergic contact dermatitis / M.D. Gober, A.A. Gaspari -- Immune privilege and the skin / T. Ito ... [et al.] -- Immunobiology of acute cytotoxic drug reactions / B.J. Nickoloff -- Psoriasis / F.O. Nestle -- Atopic dermatitis in 2008 / L.S. Chan -- Cutaneous Lupus erythematosus : molecular and cellular basis of clinical findings / A. Kuhn, R. Sontheimer -- Bullous pemphigoid and related subepidermal autoimmune blistering diseases / E.B. Olasz, K.B. Yancey -- Pemphigus vulgaris and its active disease mouse model / M. Amagai -- Pemphigus foliaceus / D. Dasher, D. Rubenstein, L. Diaz -- Autoimmunity to type VII collagen : Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / J. Remington ... [et al.] -- Pathomechanisms of Lichen planus autoimmunity elicited by cross-reactive T cells / T. Shiohara ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune etiology of generalized vitiligo / I.C. Le Poole, R.M. Luiten -- The genetics of generalized vitiligo / R.A. Spritz -- Scleroderma / A.C. Gilliam -- Alopecia areata / L.E. King Jr., K.J. McElwee, J.P. Sundberg -- Dermatomyositis / M.S. Krathen, D. Fiorentino, V.P. Werth -- Novel mechanism for therapeutic action of IVIg in autoimmune blistering dermatoses / D. Michael, S.A. Grando -- Skin involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases / S. Rashtak, M.R. Pittelkowo -- Therapeutics and immune-mediated skin disease / K.B. Gordon, R. Satoskar.
- This book is a comprehensive introduction to ultrasonography of the skin, nails, and scalp as it relates to the assessment and diagnosis of dermatologic diseases. It provides a concise understanding of the diagnosis of dermatologic conditions through extensive high-resolution gray scale and color Doppler ultrasound images and presents classical correlations of clinical dermatologic lesions with sonographic and histologic findings.
- Dermatological and transdermal formulations 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Life span and life course approaches to dermatological disease / Ryff, C.D. -- Key concepts in the life course approach in medicine : allostatic load and cumulative life course impairment / Offidani, E.; Tomba, E.; Linder, M.D. -- Mathematical modeling in life course research / Barban, N.; Linder, M.D. -- Life course impairment and quality of life over time / Sampogna, F. -- Concept of major life-changing decisions in life course research / Bhatti, Z.U.; Salek, S.; Finlay, A.Y. -- Setting up a life course questionnaire / Sampogna, F. -- Cumulative life course impairment in chronic wounds / Augustin, M. -- Cumulative life course impairment : evidence for psoriasis / Mattei, P.L.; Corey, K.C.; Kimball, A.B. -- Cumulative life impairment by epidermolysis bullosa / Fine, J.-D. -- Cumulative life course impairment in vitiligo / Krüger, C.; Schallreuter, K.U. -- Cumulative life course impairment in melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancer / Piaserico, S. -- Cumulative life course impairment : identifying patients at risk / Augustin, M. -- Cumulative life course impairment in dermatological diseases other than psoriasis : an overview / Ibler, K.S.; Jemec, G.B.E. -- Cumulative life course impairment across cultures and medical systems / Lima, X.T. -- Patients' narratives / Foulkes, A.C.; Warren, R.B.
- Dermatology 2006, Thieme BookAnogenital diseases -- Phlebology -- Occupational dermatoses -- Skin diseases in different age groups -- Psychodermatology -- Topical therapy -- Systemic therapy -- Radiation therapy -- Therapy during pregnancy and nursing -- Operative dermatology -- Wound healing -- Dermatologic emergencies.Introduction to skin biology -- Dermatologic diagnosis -- Other diagnostic methods -- Viral diseases -- Bacterial diseases -- Fungal diseases -- Other infectious diseases -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Allergic diseases -- Drug reactions -- Dermatitis -- Collagen vascular disorders -- Autoimmune bullous diseases -- Purpura and vasculitis -- Papulosquamous disorders -- Granulomatous and necrobiotic disorders -- Dermatoses caused by physical and chemical agents -- Metabolic diseases -- Pruritus and prurigo -- Genodermatoses -- Disorders of pigmentation --Melanocytic tumors -- Cysts and epidermal tumors -- Adnexal tumors -- Soft tissue tumors -- Other cutaneous tumors -- Cutaneous lymphomas and leukemia -- Paraneoplastic disorders -- Diseases of the lips and oral mucosa -- Diseases of the hairs and scalp -- Diseases of the nails -- Disorders of sweat glands -- Diseases of sebaceous glands -- Diseases of subcutaneous fat --
- Dermatology 2012, SpringerBasic Science and Immunology -- Pediatric Dermatology -- General Dermatology -- Infectious Diseases -- Benign and Malignant Tumors -- Dermatologic Surgery -- Pharmacology and Drug Reactions -- Pathology -- Dermoscopy and Electron Microscopy -- Life After Boards -- High Yield Facts and Buzz Words.
- Dermatology in clinical practice 2010, SpringerSkin: structure and function -- Immune system of the skin -- Diagnosis of skin disease -- Bacterial infections -- Superficial fungal infections -- Viral infections -- Parasitic infestations and diseases caused by arthropods -- Eczema -- Keratinizing and papulosquamous disorders -- Diseases of connective tissue -- Bullous disorders: autoimmune and childhood bullous dermatoses -- Vasculitis, common erythemas, and lymphatic disorders -- Exanthems and hypersensitivity syndromes -- Urticaria -- Pruritus -- Leg ulcers -- Disorders of pigmentationDisorders of ultraviolet radiation and injuries due to cold -- Diseases of the sebaceous, sweat, and apocrine glands -- Hair disorders -- Nail disorders -- Diseases of the subcutaneous tissue -- Tumors of the skin -- Naevi and hereditary diseases of the skin -- Skin and malnutrition -- Skin and systemic disease -- Skin and the psyche -- Erythroderma -- Ages of man and their dermatoses -- Diseases of the oral cavity -- Diseases of the external genitalia -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Drug reactions -- Management of skin diseases.
- Dermatology skills for primary care 2006, SpringerSpecific history -- Dermatologic physical examination -- Indicated supporting diagnostic data -- Therapy -- Molluscum contagiosum (dimple warts) -- Verruca vulgaris (common warts) -- Seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) -- Pityriasis rosea -- Psoriasis vulgaris -- Lichen planus -- Miliaria rubra (prickly heat) -- Scabies -- Erythrasma -- Tinea (superficial fungi, dermatophytosis, ringworm) -- Urticaria (urticaria simplex, common hives) -- Fixed drug eruption -- Erysipelas/cellulitis -- Erythema multiforme -- Lupus erythematosus -- Toxicodendron dermatitis (poison oak, poison ivy, poison sumac; also known as Rhus dermatitis) -- Atopic dermatitis (atopic eczema, disseminated neurodermatitis -- Besnier's prurigo) -- Asteatotic eczema (xerosis, xerotic eczema, eczema craquelé, eczema cannalé, eczema hiemalis, winter itch) -- Senile purpura (Bateman's purpura) -- Striae distensae (striae atrophicans, striae gravidarum, stretch marks) -- Seborrheic keratosis (old age spots, liver spots) -- Ephelides (freckles) -- Lentigines -- Melanocytic nevi -- Malignant melanoma -- Actinic keratosis (solar keratosis) -- Keratoacanthoma (molluscum sebaceum) -- Common skin cancers -- Impetigo (impetigo contagiosa) -- Herpes simplex recidivans (herpes labialis, cold sores, fever blisters Herpes genitalis) -- Herpes zoster (shingles) -- Acne vulgaris (acne, zits) -- Rosacea (acne rosasea).
- Dermatology terminology 2010, SpringerPapulosquamous Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Vesiculobullous Disorders (Including Dermatitis/Eczema) / Herbert B. Allen -- Infectious Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Hypersensitivity Disorders / Herbert B. Allen -- Genetic Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Dermatology in Systemic Disease / Herbert B. Allen -- Tumors / Herbert B. Allen -- Miscellaneous Disorders / Herbert B. Allen.
- Dermatomyositis 2009, Springer
- Dermatopathology 2009, Springer
- Dermatopathology 2006, Springer1. Requirements for a Good Diagnostic Result, p. 1-3 -- 2. The Dermal Blood Vasculature, p. 4-8 -- 3. The Dermal Lymphatic Vasculature, p. 9-11 -- 4. The Immune Response, p. 12-20 -- 5. Cell and Vascular Response to Infection and Injury, p. 1-30 -- 6. Cell Death in the Living Body, p. 31-34 -- 7. Vasculitis, p. 35-64 -- 8. Skin Lesions due to Abnormalities in Blood Components, p. 65-74 -- 9. Arteriosclerosis in the Skin, p. 75-77 -- 10. Thromboangiitis Obliterans, p. 78-79 -- 11. Angiotropic Lymphoma, p. 80-82 -- 12. Infections Caused by Common Pyogenic Bacteria, p. 83-85 -- 13. Common Fungal Infections, p. 86-99 -- 14. Demodicidosis, p. 100-101 -- 15. Infections Caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, M. Bovis, and Atypical Mycobacteria, p. 102-109 -- 16. Leprosy, p. 110-113 -- 17. Syphilis, p. 114-121-- 18. Lyme Borreliosis, p. 122-133 -- 19. Leishmaniasis, p. 134-135 -- 20. Herpes Simplex, Herpes Zoster/Varicella, and Cytomegalovirus Infections, p. 136-146 -- 21. Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in Skin and Mucous Membranes, p. 147-154 -- 22. Dermatitis (Eczema), p. 155-162 -- 23. Psoriasis, p. 163-169 -- 24. Lichen Planus and Lichen Nitidus, p. 170-175 -- 25. Autoimmune Vesicular, Bullous, and Pustular Dermatoses, p. 176-198 -- 26. Recurrent Vesicular Eruptions, p. 199-209 -- 27. Profiles of the Epidermal/Dermal Area in some Vesicular/Bullous Dermatoses, p. 210-213 -- 28. Skin Lesions Due to Drugs, p. 214-230 -- 29. Artifacts, p. 231-244.
- Dermatopathology 2013, Springer
- Dermatotoxicology. 6th ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Diagnosis of aging skin diseases 2007, Springer
- Dictionary of contact allergens 2007, SpringerDictionary of Contact Allergens: Chemical Structures, Sources and References / Christophe J. Le Coz and Jean-Pierre Lepoittevin, p. 1-254 -- Patch Testing with the Patients' Own Products / Peter J. Frosch, Johannes Geier, Wolfgang Uter and An Goossens, p. 255-280.
- Differential diagnosis for the dermatologist 2008, Springer
- Differential diagnosis for the dermatologist. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer1.The Chief Complaint --2.The Past Medical History, Social History, and Review of Systems --3.The Physical Exam --4.The Biopsy --5.The Laboratory Results --6.The Diagnosis --7.Glossary.
- Dupuytren's disease and related hyperproliferative disorders 2012, SpringerComprised of 54 separately authored chapters.
- Eating disorders and the skin 2013, Springer
- Environmental factors in skin diseases 2007, Karger
- Epidermal cell tumors 2011, SpringerBenign melanocytic proliferations -- Essential criteria for diagnosing melanoma -- Histologic mimics of malignant melanoma -- Epidermal neoplasms -- Pilosebaceous neoplasms -- Tumors with eccrine differentiation -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Epidermal cells 2004, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of connexin 43 expression on keratinocytes using flow cytometry / Maja Matic ... [et al.] -- MMP-9 and TIMP-1 assays in keratinocyte cultures / Takashi Kobayashi -- Characterization of epithelial cells in the hair follicle with S100 proteins / Kenji Kizawa and Mayumi Ito -- Immunoelectron microscopic analysis of cornified cell envelopes and antigen retrieval / Akemi Ishida-Yamamoto -- Cell kinetic analysis in artificial skin using immunochemical methods / Andrea Casasco ... [et al.] -- Proliferation, differentiation, and inflammation in normal and hyperproliferative skin using multiparameter flow cytometry / Piet E.J. van Erp -- Fluorimetric DNA assay of cell number / William R. Otto -- Keratinocyte transient transfections / Anthony M. Flores and Brian J. Aneskievich -- Tetracycline-regulated gene expression in epidermal keratinocytes / Richard B. Presland and Philip Fleckman -- Gene targeting by oligonucleotides in keratinocytes / Olga Igoucheva and Kyonggeun Yoon --Epidermis-targeted gene transfer using in vivo electroporation / Hiroki Maruyama, Jun-Ichi Miyazaki and Fumitake Gejyo -- Gene and stem cell therapy of the hair follicle / Robert M. Hoffman.Isolation, characterization, and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jackie R. Bickenbach -- Keratin 19 as a stem cell marker in vivo and in vitro / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Immunolocalization in the epidermis / Tammy-Claire Troy ... [et al.] -- Epidermal cell analysis by RT-PCR / Tammy-Claire Troy ... [et al.] -- Whole-mount assays for gene induction and barrier formation in the developing epidermis / Carolyn Byrne and Matthew J. Hardman -- Analysis of early epidermal development in zebrafish / Ashley E. Webb and David Kimelman -- Analysis of E2F factors during epidermal differentiation / Wing Y. Chang and Lina Dagnino -- Analysis of HOX homeodomain proteins and gene transcripts in the epidermis / László G. Kömüves and Corey Largman -- Apoptosis in the epidermis / Kiyofumi Yamanishi, Chun-Shen Shen and Hitoshi Mizutani -- Fate of desmosomal proteins in apoptotic epidermal cells / Jörg Weiske and Otmar Huber --Primary mouse keratinocyte culture / Annalisa Pirrone, Barbara Hager, and Philip Fleckman -- Serial cultivation of primary adult murine keratinocytes / Richard P. Redvers and Pritinder Kaur -- Keratinocyte culture in the absence of substrate attachment / Monika Jost and Ulrich Rodeck -- Application of genetically modified feeder cells for culture of keratinocytes / Takashi Kameda and Toshihiro Sugiyama -- Organ culture of developing mouse skin and its application for molecular mechanistic studies of morphogenesis / Mariko Kashiwaga and Nam-ho Huh -- Experimental models to analyze differentiation functions of cultured keratinocytes in vitro and in vivo / Nicole Maas-Szabowski, Norbert E. Fusenig, and Hans-Jürgen Stark -- In vitro fabrication of engineered human skin / Alexander Margulis, Weitian Zhang and Jonathan A. Garlick -- In vivo labeling and analysis of epidermal stem cells / Wei-Yang Wu and Rebecca J. Morris -- Method for the harvest and assay of in vitro clonogenic keratinocytes stem cells from mice / Wei-Yang Wu and Rebecca J. Morris -- FACS enrichment of human keratinocyte stem cells / Amy Li and Pritinder Kaur --Promoter analysis in the human SPRR gene family / David F. Fischer and Claude Backendorf -- Stable integration of large PAC contructs in keratinocytes / Sarah H. Williams and Alain Hovnanian -- Targeted somatic mutagenesis in the mouse epidermis / Daniel Metzger, Mei Li, and Pierre Chambon -- Methods to study protein-protein interactions / Jin-Jun Meng ... [et al.] -- Isolation of recombinant phage-displayed antibodies recognizing skin keratinocytes / Kim Bak Jensen and Peter Kristensen -- Analysis of tissue-specific DNA methylation during development / Jun Ohgane, Naka Hattori and Kunio Shiota -- Serial analysis of gene expression in human keratinocytes and the epidermis / Bastiaan J.H. Jansen ... [et al.] -- Methods for gene expression profiling in dermatology research using DermArray® nylon filter DNA microarrays / Richard L. Davis Jr. ... [et al.] -- Two-photon fluorescence imaging and reactive oxygen species detection within the epidermis / Kerry M. Hanson and Robert M. Clegg -- In vivo transplantation of engineered human skin / Shari Greenberg, Alexander Margulis and Jonathan A. Garlick --
- Epithelial cell culture protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Essentials of clinical mycology. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer"Clinical Mycology" offers a comprehensive review of this discipline. Organized by types of fungi, this volume covers microbiologic, epidemiologic and demographic aspects of fungal infections as well as diagnostic, clinical, therapeutic, and preventive approaches. Special patient populations are also detailed.
- Evidence-based procedural dermatology 2012, SpringerCovers the spectrum of procedural dermatology, including skin cancer surgery, laser techniques, fillers and neurotoxins, minimally invasive cosmetic surgery, and emerging procedures.
- Facial rejuvenation 2007, Springer
- Female alopecia 2013, SpringerFew dermatologic problems carry as many emotional overtones as hair loss in women, which is by far the most common hair problem encountered in daily clinical practice. Fortunately, a specific diagnosis can usually be established through a detailed patient history, examination of the scalp and pattern of hair loss, a simple pull test, dermoscopy of the scalp and hair (trichoscopy), a few pertinent screening blood tests, and, in selected cases, a scalp biopsy. Once the diagnosis has been established, treatment appropriate to the diagnosis is likely to control the problem. The aim of this comprehensively illustrated monograph is to provide both specialists and primary care physicians with the practical know-how required for successful management of hair loss in female patients of all ages. The book opens by critically examining myths about hair loss. The different examination techniques are then described, and the various forms of hair loss and their treatment are discussed in detail. Approaches to follow-up are outlined, and the management of patient expectations is carefully considered. The potential role of hair care and cosmetics is also explored in some depth.
- Field guide to clinical dermatology. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidProper use of topical corticosteroids -- Atopic dermatitis -- Contact dermatitis -- Scabies -- Pediculosis -- Dyshidrotic eczema -- Stasis dermatitis -- Pruritis and excoriations with no primary skin lesions -- Acne vulgaris -- Perioral dermatitis -- Rosacea -- Seborrheic dermatitis -- Lupus erythematosus -- Dermatomyositis -- Urticaria -- Erythema multiforme -- Drug eruption -- Erythema migrans/Lyme disease -- Candidosis -- Psoriasis -- Pityriasis rosea -- Lichen planus -- Tinea -- Tinea versicolor -- Secondary syphilis -- Bullous pemphigoid -- Impetigo -- Herpes simplex -- Herpes zoster -- Pemphigus vulgaris -- Toxic epidermal necrolysis/Stevens-Johnson syndrome -- Seborrheic keratosis -- Squamous cell carcinoma -- Actinic keratosis -- Keratoacanthoma -- Basal cell carcinoma -- Melanocytic nevus -- Halo nevus -- Malignant melanoma -- Dyplastic nevus -- Dermatofibroma -- Skin tags -- Epidermoid cyst and pilar cyst -- Molluscum contagiosum -- Cherry angioma -- Granuloma annulare -- Folliculitis -- Pyogenic granuloma -- Milium -- Syringoma -- Furuncle and carbuncle -- Erythema nodosum -- Hidradenitis suppurativa -- Chondrodermatitis nodularis chronica helicis -- Keloid and hypertrophic scar -- Lipoma -- Xanthelasma -- Xanthoma -- Warts -- Kaposi's sarcoma -- Ecchymosis/actinic purpura -- Cutaneous vasculitis -- Postinflammatory hypopigmentation -- Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus -- Vitiligo -- Morphea (localized scleroderma) -- Scleroderma (progressive systemic sclerosis) -- Lentigo -- Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation -- Leg ulcers -- Onychomycosis -- Pseudomonas nails -- Acute paronychia and chronic paronychia -- Alopecia areata -- Androgenetic alopecia -- Telogen effluvium -- Punch biopsy -- Shave biopsy and shave excision -- Cryosurgery -- Electrodesiccation and curettage.
- Print Material
- Fitzpatrick's Color atlas and synopsis of clinical dermatology. 6th ed. 2009 (6th ed.)-2013 (7th ed.)., AccessMedicineFulltext 7th ed. (2013) AccessMedicineSect. 1: Disorders of sebaceous and apocrine glands -- Sect. 2: Eczema/dermatitis -- Sect. 3: Psoriasis -- Sect. 4: Ichthyoses -- Sect. 5: Miscellaneous epidermal disorders -- Sect. 6: Bullous diseases -- Sect. 7: Miscellaneous inflammatory disorders -- Sect. 8: Severe and life-threatening eruptions in the acutely ill patient -- Sect. 9: Benign neoplasms and hyperplasias -- Sect. 10: Photosensitivity, photo-induced disorders, and disorders by ionizing radiation -- Sect. 11: Precancerous lesions and cutaneous carcinomas -- Sect. 12: Melanoma precursors and primary cutaneous melanoma -- Sect. 13: Pigmentary disorders -- Sect. 14: The skin signs in immune, autoimmune, and rheumatic disorders -- Sect. 15: Endocrine, metabolic, nutritional, and genetic diseases -- Sect. 16: Skin signs or vascular insufficiency -- Sect. 17: Skin signs of renal insufficiency -- Sect. 18: Skin signs of systemic cancers -- Sect. 19: Skin signs of hematologic disease -- Sect. 20: Cutaneous lymphomas and sarcoma -- Sect. 21: Skin diseases in organ and bone marrow transplantation -- Sect. 22: Adverse cutaneous drug reactions -- Sect. 23: Disorders of psychiatric etiology -- Sect. 24: Bacterial infections involving the skin -- Sect. 25: Fungal infections of the skin and hair -- Sect. 26: Rickettsial infections -- Sect. 27: Viral infections of skin and mucosa -- Sect. 28: Arthropod insect bites, stings, and cutaneous infections -- Sect. 29: Systemic parasitic infections -- Sect. 30: Sexually transmitted infections -- Sect. 31: Human retroviral infections and mucocutaneous manifestations of HIV/AIDS disease -- Sect. 32: Disorders of hair follicles and related disorders -- Sect. 33: Disorders of the nail apparatus -- Sect. 34: Disorders of the mouth -- Sect. 35: Disorders of the genitalia, perineum, and anus -- Sect. 36: Generalized pruritus without skin lesions.
- Print Material
- Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in general medicine. 8th ed. 2012, AccessMedicinePart 1: Introduction. General considerations -- Approach to dermatologic diagnosis -- Overview of biology, development, and structure of skin. -- Part 2. Disorders presenting in skin and mucous membranes. Inflammatory disorders based on T-cell reactivity and dysregulation -- Inflammatory diseases based on neutrophyils and eosinophils -- Inflammatory diseases based on abnormal humeral reactivity and other inflammatory diseases -- Disorders of epidermal differentiation and keratinization -- Disorders of epidermal and dermal-epidermal cohesion and vesicular and bulbous disorders -- Disorders of the dermal connective tissue -- Disorders of subcutaneous tissue --- Disorders of melanocytes -- Disorders of the oral genital integument. -- Part 3. Disorders of the skin appendages. Disorders of the sebaceous glands -- Disorders of the eccrine and apocrine glands -- Disorders of the hair and nails. -- Part 4. Disorders due to the environment. Disorders due to ultraviolet radiation -- Skin changes due to other physical and chemical factors. -- Part 5. Neurocutaneous and psychocutaneous aspects of skin disease. Neurocutaneous and pshychocutaneous skin disease. -- Part 6. Skin changes across the span of life. From birth to old age. -- Part 7. Neoplasia. Carcinogenesis -- Epidermal and appendageal tumors -- Melanocytic tumors -- Tumors and hyperplasias of the dermis and subcutaneous fat. -- Part 8. The skin in systemic disease. Skin in nutritional, metabolic, and heritable disease -- Skin manifestations of bone marrow or blood chemistry disorders -- Skin manifestations of internal organ disorders -- The skin in vascular and connective tissue and other autoimmune disorders -- The skin in inflammatory and other vascular disorders. -- Part 9. Disease due to microbial agents, infestations, bites, and stings. Bacterial disease -- Fungal diseases -- Viral and rickettsial diseases ; Sexually transmitted diseases -- Infestations, bites and stings. -- Part 10. Occupational skin diseases and skin diseases due to biologic warfare. Occupational skin diseases -- The skin in bioterrorism and biologic warfare. -- Part 11. Therapeutics. Topical therapy -- Systemic therapy ; Physical treatments -- Complementary and alternative dermatology -- Surgery in dermatology -- Cosmetic dermatology.
- From melanocytes to melanoma 2006, SpringerThe origin and development of neural crest-derived melanocytes / Debra L. Silver and William J. Pavan -- MITF : a matter of life and death for the developing melanocytes / Heinz Arnheiter ... [et al.] -- MITF : critical regulator of the melanocyte lineage / Erez Feige, Laura L. Poling, and David E. Fisher -- Melanocytes and the transcription factor Sox10 / Michael Wegner -- Human cutaneous pigmentation : a collaborative act in the skin, directed by paracrine, autocrine, and endocrine factors and the environment / Zalfa A. Abdel-Malek and Ana Luisa Kadekaro -- Melanocyte distribution and function in human skin : effects of ultraviolet radiation / Yuji Yamaguchi and Vincent J. Hearing --Altered signal transduction in melanoma / Pablo López Bergami, Anindita Bhoumik, and Ze'ev Ronai -- BRN2 in melanocytic cell development, differentiation, and transformation / Anthony L. Cook ... [et al.] -- The dynamic roles of cell-surface receptors in melanoma development / Dong Fang and Meenhard Herlyn -- Familial melanoma genes, melanocyte immortalization, and melanoma initiation / Dorothy C. Bennett -- Genetic progression from melanocyte to malignant melanoma / Boris C. Bastian -- The multiple roles of the oncogenic protein SKI in human malignant melanoma / Dahu Chen ... [et al.] -- RB/E2F regulation and dual activity in the melanocytic system / Ruth Halaban -- Melanoma development and pigment cell transformation / Claudia Wellbrock -- The biology and genetics of melanoma / Norman E. Sharpless and Lynda Chin -- The biology of xeroderma pigmentosum : insights into the role of ultraviolet light in the development of melanoma / James E. Cleaver -- Divergent pathways to cutaneous melanoma / David C. Whiteman and Adéle C. Green -- Pigmentation, DNA repair, and candidate genes : the risk of cutaneous malignant melanoma in a mediterranean population / Maria Teresa Landi -- Low-penetrance genotypes, pigmentation phenotypes, and melanoma etiology / Peter A. Kanetsky and Timothy R. Rebbeck -- The biology of melanoma progression : from melanocyte to metastatic seeds / A. Neil Crowson, Cynthia Magro, and Martin C. Mihm, Jr. -- Optical imaging analysis of atypical nevi and melanoma / Amanda Pfaff Smith and Dorothea Becker -- Proteomics analysis of melanoma cell lines and cultured melanocytes / Katheryn A. Resing and Natalie G. Ahn --Paradigm of metastasis for malignant melanoma / Stanley P.L. Leong -- Repair of UV-induced DNA damage and melanoma risk / Qingyi Wei -- High risk factors for melanoma metastasis / Neil A. Accortt and Seng-jaw Soong -- Role of melanoma inhibitory activity in early development of malignant melanoma / Anja-Katrin Bosserhoff -- Role and regulation of PAR-1 in melanoma progression / Carmen Tellez and Menashe Bar-Eli -- Molecular mechanisms of melanoma metastasis / Mohammed Kashani-Sabet -- Overview of tumor progression in melanoma / David E. Elder -- The plasticity of melanoma cells and associated clinical implications / Mary J. C. Hendrix ... [et al.] -- The clinical use of molecular markers as predictors of disease outcome and response to therapy in malignant melanoma / Steve R. Martinez, Hiroya Takeuchi, Dave S.B. Hoon -- The role of DCT/TYRP2 in resistance of melanoma cells to drugs and radiation / Brian J. Pak and Yaacov Ben-David -- How melanoma cells evade chemotherapy : role of transporter-dependent and -independent resistance mechanisms / Kevin G. Chen and Michael M. Gottesman -- Apoptosis in melanoma: approaches to therapy / Heicke Röckmann and Dirk Schadendorf -- Role of melanoma-associated antigens / Rishab K. Gupta, Ana M. McElrath-Garza, and Donald L. Morton -- Host responses to melanoma : implications for immunotherapy / Julian A. Kim and Ernest Borden -- Future perspectives / Vincent J. Hearing and Stanley P.L. Leong.
- Hair follicle 2005, Springer
- Hair growth and disorders 2008, Springer
- Hair restoration surgery in Asians 2010, Springer
- Handbook of atopic eczema. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Handbook of burns. Volume 1, Acute burn care 2012, SpringerPart 1.History, epidemiology, prevention and education /A history of burn care.Leopoldo C. Cancio and Steven E. Wolf --Epidemiology and prevention of burns throughout the world /Michael D. Peck --Prevention of burn injuries /Anna Arno and Judy Knighton --Burns associated with wars and disasters /Jonathan B. Lundy and Leopoldo C. Cancio --Education in burns /Kunaal Jindal and Shahriar Shahrokhi --European practice guidelines for burn care: Minimum level of burn care provision in Europe /Pavel Brychta --Part 2.Pre-hospital and initial management of burns.Pre-hospital, fluid and early management, burn wound evaluation /Folke Sjöberg --Medical documentation of burn injuries /Herbert L. Haller, Michael Giretzlehner, Johannes Dirnberger and Robert Owen --Pathophysiology of burn injury /Gerd G. Gauglitz and Marc G. Jeschke --Anesthesia for patients with acute burn injuries /Lee C. Woodson, Edward Sherwood, Alexis McQuitty and Mark D. Talon --Diagnosis and management of inhalation injury /Tina L. Palmieri and Richard L. Gamelli --Respiratory management /Robert Cartotto --Part 3.Acute burn care and therapy.Organ responses and organ support /Kathryn L. Butler and Robert L. Sheridan --Critical care of thermally injured patient /Mette M. Berger, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Treatment of infection in burns /Gerd G. Gauglitz, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Acute treatment of severely burned pediatric patients /Gerd G. Gauglitz and Marc G. Jeschke --Adult burn management /Peter Dziewulski, Jorge-Leon Villapalos and Joan Pere Barret --Burns in older adults /Tam N. Pham --Acute management of facial burns /Peter Dziewulski and Jorge-Leon Villapalos --Hand burns /Benjamin P. Amis and Matthew B. Klein --Treatment of burns -- established and novel technology /Ludwik K. Branski, Manuel Dibildox, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Wound healing /David A. Brown and Nicole S. Gibran --Pain management after burn trauma /Richard Girtler and Burkhard Gustorff --Nutrition support for the burn patient /Amalia Cochran, Jeffrey R. Saffle and Caran Graves --HBO and burns /Harald Andel --Nursing management of the burn-injured person /Judy Knighton and Mary Jako --Outpatient burn care /Bernd Hartmann and Christian Ottomann --Part 4.Non-thermal burns.Electrical injury /Brett D. Arnoldo, John L. Hunt and Gary F. Purdue --Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of chemical burns /Leila Kolios and Günter Germann --Necrotizing and exfoliative diseases of the skin /David A. Sieber, Gerard J. Abood and Richard L. Gamelli --Frostbite /Paul Kraincuk, Maike Keck, David Lumenta and Lars-Peter Kamolz.
- Part 1.Burn injuries and their psychosocial and long time consequences --Acute stress disorder and post traumatic stress disorder in individuals suffering from burn injury /Sherri Sharp and Walter J. Meyer III --Long term consequences of burn injuries /Shelley Wiechman --Part 2.Burn wound healing, documentation, scar management and rehabilitation --Skin architecture and function /Adelheid Elbe-Bürger --Burn wound healing: Pathophysiology /Luc Teot, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr --Burn scar treatment /Luc Teot, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr --Scar assessment /Pauline D. H. M. Verhaegen, Martijn B. A. van der Wal, Esther Middelkoop and Paul P. M. van Zuijlen --The future of wound documentation: Three-dimensional, evidence-based, intuitive and thorough /Michael Giretzlehner, Lars-Peter Kamolz, Johannes Dirnberger and Robert Owen --Evaluation of mimic function in patients with facial burns by use of the three-dimensional video-analysis /Maria Michaelidou and Manfred Frey --Rehabilitation and scar management /Lars-Peter Kamolz and Marc G. Jeschke --Exercise /Karen J. Kowalske, Serina J. McEntire and Oscar E. Suman --Part 3.Burn reconstruction (Principles and techniques) --Principles of burn reconstruction /Lars-Peter Kamolz and David B. Lumenta --Tissue expanders in burn surgery /Norbert Pallua and Erhan Demir --Burn reconstruction: Skin substitutes and tissue engineering /Raymund E. Horch and Volker J. Schmidt --Twelve year follow-up: A clinical study on dermal regeneration /Monica C. T. Bloemen, Paul P. M. van Zuijlen and Esther Middelkoop --Generation of adipose tissue based on tissue engineering: An overview /Maike Keck, David B. Lumenta and Lars-Peter Kamolz --Part 4.Burn reconstruction (Specific regions) --Burn reconstruction: Neck region /Norbert Pallua and Erhan Demir --Burn reconstruction: Eye region /Andreas Heckmann and Peter M. Vogt --Reconstruction of the post burn ear /Andrew Burd --Reconstruction of the perioral region after facial burns /Timo Alexander Spanholtz and Riccardo E. Giunta --Nasal reconstruction /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Maike Keck, Harald Selig and David B. Lumenta --Reconstruction/Correction of burn alopecia /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Maike Keck, Harald Selig and David B. Lumenta --Burn reconstruction: Breast /Eva Koellensperger and Guenter Germann --Reconstruction of burn deformities of the lower extremity /Christian Ottomann and Bernd Hartmann --Thermal injuries to the foot /Thilo Schenck and Riccardo E. Giunta --Burn reconstruction: Hand and upper extremity /Hugo Benito Kitzinger, Birgit Karle and Manfred Frey --Part 5.Burn reconstruction (Future perspectives) --Burn reconstruction -- Future perspectives: Facial transplantation /Maria Siemionow and Fatih Zor --Modern myoprostheses in electric burn injuries of the upper extremity /Oskar C. Aszmann, Hans Diet, Tatjana Paternostro and Manfred Frey.
- Handbook of diet, nutrition, and the skin 2012, Springer[Part 1] Introduction -- 1. The Skin: an introduction / N. B. Silverberg -- [Part 2] General aspects of skin, nutrition and diet -- 2. Gut bacteria and skin health / R. Iizuka -- 3. The fatty acids and the skin: a focus on the n-6 family of unsaturated fatty acids / H. S. Hansen -- 4. Role of vitamin B6 in skin health and diseases / N. Kato -- 5. Antioxidants and skin: an overview / Y. Wu, H.-D. Chen, Y.-H. Li, X.-H. Gao and V. R. Preedy -- [Part 3] Micronutrients -- 6. The Skin and vitamin D / D. D. Bikle -- 7. Vitamin C, gene expression and skin health / T. L. Duarte and I. F. Almeida -- 8. Strategies for vitamin E transdermal delivery / S. Trombino -- 9. Vitamin E chemistry, biological activity and benefits on the skin / R. Cassano -- 10. Dietary tocotrienol and UVB-induced skin damage / K. Yamashita -- 11. Zinc and skin health: an overview / H. K. Bangash and A. Sethi -- 12. Iron and skin health: iron stimulates skin function / T. Hirobe -- [Part 4] Nutraceuticals and skin -- 13. Skin photoprotection and nutraceuticals: an overview / P. Morganti -- 14. Effect of flaxseed- and borage oil ingestion on skin conditions / U. Heinrich -- 15. Dietary red ginseng and skin protection / Y. Cho -- 16. Dietary grape seed proanthocyanidins and skin cancer / S.K. Katiyar -- 17. Olive oil as a skin protector / M. Viola -- 18. Protective effect of garlic in skin cancer / T. Saha -- 19. Pre- and probiotics for human skin / J. Krutmann -- 20. Curcumin (turmeric) and its evolving role in skin health / A. Sethi -- 21. Protective effects of vitamin C derivatives on skin atrophy caused by Sod1 deficiency / T. Shimizu -- [Part 5] Skin cancer, nutrition and diet -- 22. Omega-3 Fatty acids and non-melanoma skin cancer / H.S. Black -- 23. Skin cancer and folate metabolism / M. Laing -- 24. Vitamin D and skin cancer / R.S. Mason -- [Part 6] Specific skin conditions in relation to diet and nutrition -- 25. Acne and nutrition / C.C. Zouboulis -- 26. Food allergy and atopic dermatitis / S.S. Lee -- 27. Fructo-oligosaccharides and skin inflammation / K. Sonoyama.
- Handbook of hair in health and disease 2012, SpringerGeneral introduction and overviews. Hair in health and disease: an introduction / Taneeta Ganguly and Pratima Karnik -- The color of human hair / Christoph G. Birngruber and Marcel A. Verhoff -- Hair loss in the elderly / C.-C. Yang, A. Todorova and W. Chen -- Hair loss in women / Francisco M. Camacho Martinez -- Male androgenetic alopecia / Salvador Arias-Santiago ... [et al.] -- Excess hair growth / Daisy Kopera -- Ethnopharmacology and hair: Indian perspectives / Neetu Sabarwal ... [et al.] -- Neonatal hair analysis to reveal gestational exposure to drugs / Donata Favretto -- Molecular and cellular biology and hair. Plucked hair: how to get stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells for future clinical applications / Nuria Montserrat and Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte -- alopecia areata and chemokine / Yoshihiro Kuwano and Manabu Fujimoto -- Natural and unnatural hair loss as detected in the forensic context / Elizabeth M. Brooks and James Robertson -- Dietary toxicity and pathological history. Arsenic in the hair / Simon F.P. Pereira, Johny S. Oliveira and Rajkumar Rajendram -- Ethyl glucuronide in hair and alcohol misuse / Ronald Agius -- Hair mineral analysis in the assessment of human exposure in metals / Katarzyna Chojnacka and Marcin Mikulewicz -- Potentially toxic elements, pollution, and hair / Anna Capasso, Alberto Loizzo and Sergio Caroli --Natural radionuclides in human hair / Maarit Muikku and Weibo Li -- Stable isotope ratio analysis in human hair / Klaus J. Petzke and Benjamin T. Fuller -- Diseases of hair and treatments. Head lice and their control: a never-ending story / Heinz Mehlhorn -- Low-level light therapy and hair loss / Mahyar Ghanaat -- Chemotherapy-induced hair loss / Corina J.G. van den Hurk, Wim P.M. Breed and Floortje Mols -- MSH peptides and applications to treatment of hair / Matteo Auriemina and Paolo Amerio -- Shampoos and conditioners. Shampoo compositions / Sung Hyun Im -- Shampoo in the treatment of scalp psoriasis / A. Kaszuba and M. Pastuszka -- Lipohydroxy acid containing shampoo in the treatment of scalp seborrheic dermatitis / Sophie Seite and Andre Rougier.
- Handbook of photomedicine 2014, CRCnetBASE
- Hidradenitis suppurativa 2006, Springer
- Hyperhidrosis and botulinum toxin in dermatology 2002, Karger
- Ichthyoses 2010, KargerThe various manifestations of ichthyoses are classified either by their appearance or their molecular genetics. This volume focuses on generalized, inherited disorders of cornification, which constitute an ever-enlarging group of monogenic diseases caused by a large number of genes that affect a broad array of cellular functions. The authors' overview reflects their unique perspective that the clinical phenotype in the inherited ichthyoses mirrors a 'best attempt' by a metabolically compromised epidermis to maintain a barrier sufficiently impermeable for survival in a desiccating external environment. The basis for threats to survival is illuminated, and the systemic problems, including growth failure, also reflect a compromised barrier. A new consensus classification of these disorders is provided, and the distinguishing clinical features of each disorder are described. Further, the latest molecular genetic information is succinctly reviewed with up-to-date and comprehensive references. Yet, the major emphases of this volume are on disease pathogenesis and on the identification of key ultrastructural features. This publication will prove an invaluable aid to dermatologists, pediatric dermatologists and pediatricians dealing with patients with inherited ichthyoses. In addition, clinical geneticists and dermatopathologists will find it interesting reading.
- Inflammatory dermatopathology 2011, SpringerSpongiotic dermatitis -- Psoriasiform dermatitis -- Interface dermatitis -- Perivascular dermatitis -- Vasculitis and thrombotic disorders -- Nodular and diffuse dermatitis -- Palisading granulomatous dermatitis -- Sclerosing dermatitis -- Bullous dermatitis -- Panniculitis -- Infections -- Miscellaneous dermatoses: invisible dermatoses and inflammatory processes that clinically mimic tumors.
- Inflammatory dermatoses 2010, SpringerSuperficial perivascular dermatitis -- Lichenoid/vacuolar dermatitis -- Superficial perivascular dermatitis with spongiotic epidermal changes -- Superficial perivascular dermatitis with psoriasiform epidermal changes -- Superepidermal blistering processes -- Intraepidermal blisters -- Granulomatous dermatitis -- Cutaneous vasculitis -- Alopecias -- Panniculitis -- Histologic mimics of cutaneous lymphoma -- Dermal pigmentary disorders -- Dermal deposition disorders without pigment.
- Injectable fillers in aesthetic medicine 2006, Springer
- Irritant dermatitis 2006, SpringerI. Classification and clinical features -- 1. Ten genotypes of irritant contact dermatitis -- 2. Irritant contact dermatitis versus allergic contact dermatitis -- II. Special clinical forms -- 3. Barrier function and perturbation: relevance for interdigital dermatitis -- 4. Friction melanosis -- 5. Diaper dermatitis -- 6. Chemical skin burns -- 7. Contact urticaria syndrome -- 8. Airborne irritant dermatitis -- 9. Irritant dermatitis of the scalp -- 10. Irritant contact dermatitis of the nails -- III. Epidemiology -- 11. Importance of irritant contact dermatitis in occupational skin disease -- 12. Irritant contact dermatitis in the tropics -- IV. Occupational irritant dermatitis -- 13. Occupational issues of irritant contact dermatitis -- 14. Hairdressing -- 15. Occupational irritant dermatitis - metal workers -- 16. Health care workers -- 17. The Electronics industry -- 18. Painters, lacquerers, and varnishers --V. Risk factors for irritant dermatitis -- 19. Age -- 20. Gender -- 21. Ethnicity -- 22. Atopy -- VI. Insights from bioengineering -- 23. Prediction bioengineering -- 24. Quantitative sonography for the evaluation of irritant reactions -- 25. Functional skin testing: the SMART procedures -- 26. Bioengineering correlates of the sensitive skin syndrome: the sensory irritation component -- 27. Squamometry -- VII. The Irritants: special issues -- 28. Corrosive materials -- 29. Detergents -- 30. Sodium lauryl sulfate -- 31. Organic solvents -- 32. Oils, cutting fluids, and lubricants -- 33. Food -- 34. Dithranol -- 35. Copper -- 36. Fatty acid binding proteins -- VIII. Mechanisms of irritant dermatitis -- 37. Histopathology of irritant contact dermatitis -- 38. Percutaneous absorption and irritant dermatitis -- 39 Cytokines and irritant dermatitis -- 40. Oxidative stress -- 41. Langerhans cells and skin irritation -- 42. Hydration injury --IX. Prevention of irritant dermatitis -- 43. Primary prevention of irritant contact dermatitis -- 44. Protective gloves -- 45. Anti-irritants -- 46. Barrier creams -- 47. Moisturizers -- 48. Moisturizers and irritant contact dermatitis -- 49. Effects of CO2 on barrier recovery -- X. Management and therapy -- 50. Treatment of irritant contact dermatitis -- 51. Topical corticosteroids in the treatment of irritant dermatitis -- 52. Barrier creams and emollients -- XI. Product testing -- 53. In vivo models of skin irritation -- 54. In vitro methods to predict skin irritation -- XII. Appendices -- 1. Questionnaire methods for hand dermatitis studies -- 2. Patient information sheets -- 3. Selected sources of information for irritant contact dermatitis.
- Kanerva's Occupational dermatology. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerAcrylic Resins /Kristiina Aalto-Korte --Acute and Recurrent Vesicular Hand Dermatitis /Jacob P. Thyssen and Torkil Menné --Adhesives and Glues /Jana Prä€ler, Matthias Gebhardt and Peter Elsner --Adverse Effects of Skin Protective Products, Including Sunscreens /Sibylle Schliemann --Air Hammer Operators /Mili Shah and David J. Gawkrodger --Airborne Contact Dermatitis /Jean-Marie Lachapelle --Aircraft Industry /Marléne Isaksson --Animals /Päivikki Susitaival --Antiseptics and Disinfectants /Jean-Marie Lachapelle --Aromatherapists /Kristiina Alanko --Asphalt Workers (Paving) /R. Riala and Pirji Heikkila --Atopic Dermatitis /Kristine Breuer and Thomas Werfel --Atopy as a Factor in the Prognosis of Hand Dermatitis /Birgitta Meding --Automotive Industry /Horst C. Broding and Manigé Fartasch --Bakers /Niels K. Veien --Barbers' Dermatoses (Barber's Hair Sinus) /Agustin Alomar, Luis Conde-Salazar and Felipe Heras --Bartenders /Lasse Kanerva and Pieter J. Coenraads --Bath Attendants /Richard Brans --Batik Manufacturing Workers /Retno W. Soebaryo --Battery Makers /Mike H. Beck and Jason D. L. Williams --Beekeepers /Randolf Brehler --Biologic Causes of Occupational Dermatoses /Jean-Marie Lachapelle --Boat Builders /Kyllikki Tarvainen, Pirkko Pfäffli, Tuula Estlander and Katri Suuronen --Brake-Lining Workers /Mike H. Beck and Jason D. L. Williams --Butchers and Slaughterhouse Workers /Niels K. Veien --Candle Makers /Richard Brans --Carpenters /Michael Haeberle --Cement /Christian Avnstorp --Cement Workers /Christian Avnstorp --Ceramic and Pottery Workers /John S. C. English and J. Hobson --Cheese Makers /Peter Elsner and Frank O. Nestle --Chemical Skin Burns /Audris Chiang, Magnus Bruze, Sigfrid Fregert and Birgitta Gruvberger --Chemically Induced Hair Loss/Alopecia /Howard I. Maibach and Ian Yamaguchi --Chemists /Riitta Jolanki --Child Daycare Workers /Marjolein Wintzen --Chromium /Geetanjali Sethi, Viswanath Reddy Belum, Desmond Burrows, Howard I. Maibach and Jurij J. Hostynek --Chronic Venous Insufficiency and Occupation /Edith M. de Boer --Cigarette and Cigar Makers and Tobacco Workers /Christophe J. Le Coz --Classification of Occupations /Wolfgang Uter --Coatings /Carmen Maria Sălăvăstru, Letiţia Bucur, Gheorghe Bucur and George-Sorin Ţiplica --Cobalt /Carola Lidén and Anneli Julander --Colophony: Rosin in Unmodified and Modified Form /Ann-Therese Karlberg --Confectionery and Candy Makers /Firas A. Al-Niaimi and Calum C. Lyon --Construction Workers /Christian Avnstorp --Contact Allergy to Phenol-Formaldehyde Resins /Erik Zimerson and Magnus Bruze --Contact Dermatitis Due to Irritation /Dimitar Antonov, Sibylle Schliemann and Peter Elsner --Contact Dermatitis in Cabinet Makers /Aieska De Souza and David E. Cohen --Cosmetologists /Patricia G. Engasser, Howard I. Maibach, Tam Tiet and James S. Taylor --Cutting Fluids /Iain S. Foulds --Dermatitis Artefacta /Wolfgang Harth --Detergent Workers /Markku Vanhanen and Kristiina Aalto-Korte --Detergents /Lilla Landeck, Lynn A. Baden and Swen-Malte John --Dictionary of Contact Allergens: Chemical Structures, Sources, and References /Jean-Pierre Lepoittevin and Christophe J. Le Coz --Disadvantages of Gloves /Sara K. Flores, Tuula Estlander, Riitta Jolanki and Howard I. Maibach --Divers /Menno T. W. Gaastra --Drug Allergens /Andreas J. Bircher --Electronics Workers /David Koh and Claire Quah --Electroplaters /Antti Lauerma, Mirja Kiilunen and Lasse Kanerva --Embalmers (Including Funeral Service Workers) /Linn D. Holness --Emollients: Effects, Evidence, and Side Effects /Tove Agner and Jakob Mutanu Jungersted --Engravers /Adriene Lee --Epoxy Resins /Rosemary Nixon, Jennifer Cahill and Riitta Jolanki --Ethical Aspects /Nikolaus Knoepffler and Martin O'Malley --Evidence-Based Management of Hand Eczema /Gerda J. Lensen, Frank H. W. Jungbauer and Pieter J. Coenraads --Farmers and Farmworkers /Radoslaw Spiewak --Fiberglass, Dusts /Daniel J. Hogan and Megan Morrison --Floor Layers /Luis Conde-Salazar, Felipe Heras and Agustin Alomar --Florists /Christopher R. Lovell --Forestry Workers /Michael Haeberle --Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde-Releasers /Anton C. de Groot and Mari-Ann Flyvholm --Foundry Workers /Mariko Sugiura and K. Sugiura --Fragrances and Essential Oils /Anton C. de Groot --Frictional Trauma/Mechanic Skin Diseases /Klaus E. Andersen --Fur Farming and the Fur Industry /Jukka Uitti --Furniture Manufacture /Michael Haeberle --Gardeners /Christopher R. Lovell --Genetic Identification of Individuals with Increased Risk of Developing Occupational Skin Diseases /Sanja Kezic --Glass Workers /Mark S. Wilkinson --Gold /Marléne Isaksson --Grinders and Brazers of Hard Metal and Stellite /Markku Linnainmaa and Katri Suuronen --Hair Disorders Induced by External Factors /Marcel C. Pasch --Hairdressers /Harma Stenveld --Healthcare Workers /Donald V. Belsito --Helpdesk and Allergen Supply of Rare Allergens /Klaus E. Andersen --Highway Construction Workers /Hanspeter Rast --History of Occupational Dermatology /Jean-Marie Lachapelle --House Workers /Frank H. W. Jungbauer --Hyperkeratotic Dermatitis of the Palms /Jacob P. Thyssen and Torkil Menné --Identification of Contact Allergens by In Vitro Cell Culture-Based Methods /Susan Gibbs, Stefan F. Martin, Emanuela Corsini and Hermann-Josef Thierse --Identification of Skin Irritants and Allergens by In Vivo and In Vitro Methods /Viswanath Reddy Belum, Geetanjali Sethi, Philip Hewitt and Howard I. Maibach --Immunology and Barrier Function of the Skin /Thomas Rustemeyer and Manigé Fartasch --In Vitro Delayed-Type Sensitivity Testing /Detlef Becker --Industrial Enzymes /David A. Basketter --Inks and Dyes /Christophe J. Le Coz --Insulation Workers /R. Riala --Ionizing Radiation /Seema Garg and David J. Gawkrodger --Iontophoresis /Erhard Hölzle --Jewelers /Juan Vilaplana --Laboratory Technicians /Riitta Jolanki --Leather and Shoes /Johannes Geier and Holger Lessmann --Leather Industry /Johannes Geier and Holger Lessmann --Locksmiths /Adriene Lee --Machinists /Undine Frank and Peter Elsner --Masseurs /Marléne Isaksson --Mechanical Causes of Occupational Skin Disease /Richard Brans --Mechanisms of Allergic Contact Dermatitis /Thomas Rustemeyer, Ingrid M. W. van Hoogstraten, B. Mary E. von Blomberg and Rik J. Scheper --Metal Industry /Peter Elsner --Military Personnel /Akiva Trattner, Aneta Lazarov and Arieh Ingber --Mining (Tunneling) /Hanspeter Rast --Mountain Guides /Matthias Moehrle --Multiple Chemical Sensitivity /Hans Drexler --Musicians /Derk P. Bruynzeel --Nanotechnology and Skin /Jakob T. Madsen and Klaus E. Andersen --Nickel /Carola Lidén --Non-Immunologic Contact Urticaria /Ian Yamaguchi, A. Lahti and Howard I. Maibach --Noneczematous Occupational Contact Reactions /Chee Leok Goh --Occupation-Induced Skin Cancer /Anand N. Patel and John S. C. English --Occupational Allergy to Natural Rubber Latex (NRL) /Henning Allmers --Occupational and Environmental Acne /Penpun Wattanakrai and James S. Taylor --Occupational Connective Tissue Disorders /Uwe-Frithjof Haustein and B. Lietzberg --Occupational Contact Dermatitis /Thomas L. Diepgen and Pieter J. Coenraads --Occupational Contact Dermatitis in Dental Personnel /Thomas Rustemeyer and Peter J. Frosch --Occupational Immunologic Contact Urticaria /P. Heydari, Iris S. Ale and Howard I. Maibach --Occupational MRSA Infection: Risk Factor, Disposition, Prevention, and Therapy /Nana Y. Schuerer and Olaf Kaup --Occupational Nail Disorders /Robert Baran --Occupational Skin Cancer /Thomas L. Diepgen and Hans Drexler --Oil Rig Workers /Markus F. C. Steiner and Anthony D. Ormerod --Online Databases and Sources of Information /Annika Wilke and Swen-Malte John --Operating Room Staff /Linn D. Holness --Organic Solvents /Sibylle Schliemann, Anders Boman and Jan E. Wahlberg --Other Occupational Skin Diseases /Elke Weisshaar and Thomas L. Diepgen --Other Plastics /George-Sorin Ţiplica, Letiţia Bucur, Gheorghe Bucur and Carmen Maria Sălăvăstru --Other Topical Therapies (Dyes, Tanning Agents, Tars, CO2) /Claudia Schröder-Kraft --Painters, Lacquerers, and Varnishers /Tuula Estlander and Riitta Jolanki --Paints, Lacquers, and Varnishes /Tuula Estlander and Riitta Jolanki --Patch Test Concentrations and Vehicles for Testing Contact Allergens /Anton C. de Groot --Patch Testing with Patient's Own Materials Handled at Work /Andrea Krautheim, Holger Lessmann and Johannes Geier --Percutaneous Penetration /Aaron Wiener and Howard I. Maibach --Pesticide-Related Dermatoses /Mai A. Ngo, Michael O'Malley and Howard I. Maibach --Pharmacoeconomics of Occupational Diseases /Matthias Augustin --Photoallergic Contact Dermatitis /James Ferguson and Alastair C. Kerr --Photographers and Other Photo-Lab Workers /Carola Lidén --Phototherapy /Kristine Breuer and Thomas Werfel --Phototoxic Dermatitis /Margarida Gonçalo --Physical Causes - Heat, Cold, and Other Atmospheric Factors /Wolfgang Uter and Lasse Kanerva --Physiochemical Methods for Detection of Occupational Contact Allergens /Malin Frick-Engfeldt, Birgitta Gruvberger and Magnus Bruze --Pigment Disorders /J. P. Wietze van der Veen and Maryam Yazdani --Pitch Workers /Chuan Ma, James S. Taylor and Thomas F. Downham II --Pitfalls in the Diagnosis of Occupational Contact Dermatitis /An Goossens --Plant Survey and Inspection /Christopher L. Packham --Plants /Christopher R. Lovell --Plastic Composites /Kyllikki Tarvainen, Tuula Estlander, Pirkko Pfäffli and Katri Suuronen --Plumbers and Pipe Fitters /Uwe Hillen --Polyester Resins /Rosemary Nixon, Jennifer Cahill and Riitta Jolanki --Polyurethane Resins /Malin Frick-Engfeldt, Tuula Estlander and Riitta Jolanki --Polyvinyl Resins /Letiţia Bucur, Carmen Maria Sălăvăstru, Gheorghe Bucur and George-Sorin Ţiplica --Poultry Processors /Margarida Gonçalo --Prediction of Skin Irritation by Noninvasive Bioengineering Methods /Ron A. Tupker --Prevention and Rehabilitation /Christoph Skudlik and Swen-Malte John --Prevention in Food Workers /Andrea Bauer --Prevention in Health-Care Professionals /Lilla Landeck, Britta Wulfhorst and Swen-Malte John --Prevention in Metalworkers /Christian Apfelbacher, Jochen Schmitt and Thomas L. Diepgen --Prevention of Occupational Skin Cancer /Kerry E. Adam, Peter H. Soyer and Keith William James Adam --Prick and Intracutaneous Testing and IgE Testing /Vera Mahler --Printers and Lithographers /Catriona I. Wootton and John S. C. English --Prognosis of Allergic Contact Dermatitis /John S. C. English --Prognosis of Irritant Contact Dermatitis /Kaija Lammintausta --Prognosis of Occupational Contact Dermatitis /Chee Leok Goh --Protective Creams and Emollients /Dimitar Antonov, Sibylle Schliemann and Peter Elsner --Protective Gloves /Anders Boman --Psoriasis and Work /Christoph Skudlik and Swen-Malte John --Pulp and Paper Workers, and Paper Dermatitis /Michael Haeberle --Quality of Life (QoL) in Relation to Occupational Skin Diseases /Tove Agner --Questionnaire Methods in Occupational Skin Disease Epidemiology /Päivikki Susitaival --Railroad Shop Workers /Hanspeter Rast --Retinoids /Sonja C. Molin and Thomas Ruzicka --Risk Assessment for Skin Exposure /Christopher L. Packham --Roofers /Donald V. Belsito --Rubber /Donald V. Belsito --Shoe Manufacturers and Repairers /Johannes Geier and Holger Lessmann --Silk-Screen Workers /An Goossens --Skin Bioengineering /Gérald E. Piérard, Philippe Paquet, Lorine Preudhomme, Fanchon Noël and Pascale Quatresooz --Skin Biopsy and Dermatopathology /Mirjana Ziemer --Skin Disorders in Athletes: Professional and Recreational Sports /Savina Aneja and James S. Taylor --Skin Health and Surveillance /Helen Taylor --Some Other Metals /Carola Lidén and Anneli Julander --Spices /Stefanie E. Pentinga --Stonemasons /Anne Schmidt --Sugar Artists /Peter Elsner --Sulfuric Acid Burns /Geetanjali Sethi, Viswanath Reddy Belum and Howard I. Maibach --Surveillance in Occupational Contact Dermatitis /Wolfgang Uter --Swimming Pool Worker Dermatoses /Aieska De Souza and David E. Cohen --Systemic Diseases by Absorption Through the Skin /Hans Drexlerv /Tattoo Artists /Margarida Gonçalo --Textile Workers /Ângelo Azenha --The Electronics Industry /V. Smith and John S. C. English --The Identification of Skin Allergens by In Vivo Assay /David A. Basketter --The Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Industries /An Goossens and Kim Vander Hulst --Topical and Systemic Corticosteroids /Stephanie Soost and Margitta Worm --Treatment of Chronic Hand Eczema: Other Immunomodulating Therapies /Rodrigo da Mota and Bernhard Homey --Treatment of Occupational Skin Cancer /Rudolf A. Herbst --Urticaria /Christophe J. Le Coz --UV Exposure /Peter Knuschke --Vegetables and Fruit /Andrea Bauer, Wolfgang Uter and Christiane Szliska --Veterinarians /Päivikki Susitaival --Welding /Monica Hindsén and Magnus Bruze --Wet Work and Occlusion /Dimitar Antonov, Sibylle Schliemann, Peter Elsner and Swen-Malte John --Winemakers /Ronald R. Brancaccio and David H. Chu --Woods /B. M. Hausen.
- Laser dermatology 2005, Springer
- Laser dermatology. 2nd ed. 2013, Springer
- Lasers in dermatology and medicine 2011, SpringerLaser-Tissue Interactions -- Laser Safety: Regulations, Standards and Practice Guidelines -- Lasers for Treatment of Vascular Lesions -- Laser for Scars -- Laser Treatment of Leg Veins -- Lasers and Lights for Treating Pigmented Lesions -- Laser Treatment of Tattoos -- Laser for Hair Removal -- Lasers for Resurfacing -- Fractional Photothermolysis -- Plasma Resurfacing -- Sub-Surfacing Lasers -- Non-invasive Rejuvenation/Skin Tightening: Light-Based Devices -- Laser and Light Therapies for Acne -- Lasers for Psoriasis and Hypopigmentation -- Lasers and Lights for Adipose Tissue and Cellulite -- Intense Pulse Light (IPL) -- Photodynamic Therapy -- Light-Emitting Diode Phototherapy in Dermatological Practice -- Laser and Light for Wound Healing Stimulation -- Lasers in Hair Growth and Hair Transplantation -- Reflectance-Mode Confocal Microscopy in Dermatological Oncology -- Laser Clinical and Practice Pearls -- The Selection and Education of Laser Patients -- Anesthesia for Laser Surgery -- Laser Application for Ethnic Skin -- Laser Applications in Children -- Dressings/Wound Care for Laser Treatment -- Prevention and Treatment of Laser Complications -- Ethical Issues -- Medicolegal Issues (Documentation/Informed Consent) -- Psychological Aspects to Consider Within Laser Treatments -- Photography of Dermatological Laser Treatment -- Online Resources for Dermatologic Laser Therapies -- Starting a Laser Practice -- Research and Future Directions -- Laser/Light Applications in Ophthalmology: Visual Refraction -- Laser/Light Applications in Ophthalmology: Posterior Segment Applications -- Laser/Light Application in Ophthalmology: Control of Intraocular Pressure -- Laser/Light Application in Dental Procedures -- Laser/Light Applications in Otolaryngology -- Laser/Light Applications in Gynecology -- Laser/Light Applications in General Surgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Urology -- Lasers in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Neurology and Neurosurgery -- Laser/Light Applications in Anesthesiology.
- Leprosy 2012, SpringerPart 1.GENERAL SECTION /History and Phylogeography of Leprosy /Stewart T. Cole and Pushpendra Singh --Microbiology /Andrea Clapasson and Silvia Canata --Genetics of Leprosy /Vinicius Medeiros Fava and Marcelo Távora Mira --Host Response to M. leprae /Rodrigo Ribeiro-Rodrigues --Pathogenesis /Cesare Massone and Enrico Nunzi --Classification /Cesare Massone and Alexandra M. G. Brunasso --Part 2.PATIENT'S EXAMINATION --Patient History /Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto --Laboratory Investigations /Andrea Clapasson and Silvia Canata --Part 3.SKIN --Physical Examination: Skin /Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto --Clinical Features /Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto --Lucio-Latapí Leprosy /Mario Magaña --Histopathology of the Skin /Cesare Massone --Differential Diagnosis: Skin /Enrico Nunzi and Salvatore Noto --Part 4.NERVES --Peripheral Nerves in Leprosy /Bernard Naafs and José Antônio Garbino --The Leprosy Neuropathy /Lizia Reni, Salvatore Noto and Pieter A. M. Schreuder --Primary Neural Leprosy /José Antônio Garbino and Bernard Naafs --Chronic Neuropathic Pain in Leprosy /José Antônio Garbino, Bernard Naafs and Pedro Schestatsky --Electrodiagnostic Studies /Lizia Reni --Imaging /Carlo Martinoli, Leila Oppezzi and Alberto Tagliafico --Differential Diagnosis: Nerves /Lizia Reni.Part 5.Reactions in Leprosy /Reactions in Leprosy /Bernard Naafs and Salvatore Noto --Lucio's Phenomenon /Mario Magaña --Part 6.SYSTEMIC INVOLVEMENT --Ocular Involvement in Leprosy /Susan Lewallen and Paul Courtright --Otolaryngological Manifestations of Leprosy /Sinésio Talhari, Camila Bandeira de Oliveira and Carolina Talhari --Other Organs /Enrico Nunzi and Salvatore Noto --Part 7.PATIENT'S MANAGEMENT --Diagnostic Work-Up /Enrico Nunzi, Cesare Massone and Salvatore Noto --Drugs in Leprosy /Sinésio Talhari and Mahreen Ameen --Treatment and Prophylaxis /Pierre Bobin --Prognosis /Enrico Nunzi --Neurolysis /Sergio S. G. Gennaro --Prevention of Disability and Ulcer Care /J. Wim Brandsma and Hugh Cross --Surgical and Social Rehabilitation /J. Wim Brandsma and Sunil Deepak --Part 8.LEPROSY AND COMMUNITY --Leprosy in Pregnancy /Elizabeth Duncan --Leprosy and HIV/AIDS Co-infection /Sinésio Talhari and Carolina Talhari --Epidemiology of Leprosy /Salvatore Noto and Pieter A. M. Schreuder --Leprosy Control /Sunil Deepak and Giovanni Gazzoli --Teledermatology /Cesare Massone and Antonio Pedro Mendes Schettini --The Leprosy Mailing List /Salvatore Noto.
- Lever's Histopathology of the skin. 10th ed. 2009, Ovid
- Lever's Histopathology of the skin. 9th ed. 2005, OvidIntroduction to dermatopathologic diagnosis -- Biopsy techniques -- Histology of the skin -- Laboratory methods -- Algorithmic classification of skin disease for differential diagnosis -- Congenital diseases (genodermatoses) -- Noninfectious erythematous, papular, and squamous diseases -- Vascular diseases -- Noninfectious vesiculobullous and vesiculopustular diseases -- Connective tissue diseases -- Cutaneous toxicities of drugs -- The photosensitivity disorders --Diseases caused by viruses -- The histiocytoses -- Pigmentary disorders of the skin -- Benign pigmented lesions and malignant melanoma -- Tumors and cysts of the epidermis -- Tumors of the epidermal appendages -- Cutaneous lymphomas and leukemias -- Tumors of fibrous tissue involving the skin -- Vascular tumors: tumors and tumor-like conditions of blood vessles and lymphatics --Tumors with fatty, muscular, osseous, and cartilagenous differentiation -- Tumors of neural tissue -- Metastatic carcinoma of the skin: incidence and dissemination.Disorders associated with physical agents: heat, cold, radiation, and trauma -- Noninfectious granulomas -- Degenerative diseases and perforating disorders -- Cutaneous manifestations of nutritional deficiency states and gastrointestinal disease -- Metabolic diseases of the skin -- Inflammatory diseases of hair follicles, sweat glands, and cartilage -- Inflammatory diseases of the nail -- Inflammatory diseases of the subcutaneous fat -- Bacterial diseases -- Treponemal diseases -- Fungal diseases -- Protozoan diseases and parasitic infestations --
- Life with epidermolysis bullosa (EB) 2009, Springer
- Life-threatening dermatoses and emergencies in dermatology 2009, Springer
- Light-based therapies for skin of color 2009, Springer
- Lyme borreliosis 2009, KargerBorrelia burgdorferi sensu lato diversity and its influence on pathogenicity in humans / Baranton, G., De Martino, S.J -- Life cycle of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato and transmission to humans / Gern, L. -- Epidemiology of Lyme borreliosis / Hubálek, Z. -- Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Lyme borreliosis / Strle, F., Stanek, G. -- Treatment and prevention of lyme disease / Hansmann, Y. -- Other tick-borne diseases in Europe / Bitam, I., Raoult, D. -- What should one do in a case of a tick bite? / Aberer, E. -- When to order a Western blot and how to interpret it / Hunfeld, K. P., Kraiczy, P. -- Is serological follow-up useful for patients with cutaneous Lyme borreliosis? -- Müllegger, R.R., Glatz, M. -- How do I manage tick bites and Lyme borreliosis in pregnant women? / Maraspin, V., Strle, F. -- What should be done in case of persistent symptoms after adequate antibiotic treatment for lyme disease? / Puchal, X., Sibilia, J. -- What are the indications for lumbar puncture in patients with lyme disease? / Rupprecht, T. A., Pfister, H.-W.
- Malassezia and the skin 2010, SpringerIntroduction: Malassezia Yeasts from a Historical Perspective / Roderick J. Hay and Gillian Midgley -- Biodiversity, Phylogeny and Ultrastructure / Eveline Guého-Kellermann, Teun Boekhout and Dominik Begerow -- Epidemiology of Malassezia-Related Skin Diseases / Takashi Sugita, Teun Boekhout, Aristea Velegraki, Jacques Guillot and Suzana Hađina, et al. -- Physiology and Biochemistry / Peter Mayser and George Gaitanis -- Malassezia Species and Immunity: Host - Pathogen Interactions / H. Ruth Ashbee and Ross Bond -- Pityriasis Versicolor and Other Malassezia Skin Diseases / Vicente Crespo Erchiga and Roderick J. Hay -- Malassezia Yeasts in Seborrheic and Atopic Eczemas / George Gaitanis, Peter Mayser, Annika Scheynius and Reto Crameri -- Malassezia Fungemia, Antifungal Susceptibility Testing and Epidemiology of Nosocomial Infections / Athanasios Tragiannidis, Andreas Groll, Aristea Velegraki and Teun Boekhout -- Genomics and Pathophysiology: Dandruff as a Paradigm / Jun Xu, Teun Boekhout, Yvonne DeAngelis, Tom Dawson and Charles W. Saunders -- Malassezia Yeasts in Animal Disease / Ross Bond, Jacques Guillot and F. Javier Cabañes -- Malassezia Database / Vincent A. Robert and Aristea Velegraki.
- Male patient in aesthetic medicine 2009, Springer
- Management of psoriasis 2009, KargerClinical spectrum and severity of psoriasis / Meier, M., Sheth, P.B. -- Impact of comorbidities on the management of psoriasis / Gerdes, S., Mrowietz, U. -- Topical treatment of psoriasis / Kamili, Q.u.A., Menter, A. -- Practice of phototherapy in the treatment of moderate-to-severe psoriasis / Nguyen, T. ... [et al.] -- Retinoids, methotrexate and cyclosporine / Dubertret, L. -- Monitoring patients treated with efalizumab or alefacept / Papp, K.A. -- Management of severe psoriasis with TNF antagonists : adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab / Mössner, R., Reich, K. -- Therapies for childhood psoriasis / Trüeb, R.M. -- Management of difficult to treat locations of psoriasis : scalp, face, flexures, palm/soles and nails / Kragballe, K. -- Future perspectives in the treatment of psoriasis / Wippel-Slupetzky, K., Stingl, G.
- Managing skin cancer 2010, SpringerDiagnosis of Skin Cancer -- Histopathology of Skin Cancer -- Basal Cell Carcinoma -- Squamous Cell Carcinoma In Situ -- Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Skin -- Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma -- Merkel Cell Carcinoma -- Cutaneous Lymphomas -- Kaposi Sarcoma -- Other Skin Cancers. Fibrohistiocytic Skin Cancers and Extramammary Paget's Disease -- Skin Cancer Under Special Circumstances -- Skin Cancer Prevention.
- Manual of dermatologic therapeutics. 7th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Marzulli and Maibach's Dermatotoxicology. 7th ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEEvaluting efficacy of barrier creams: in vitro and in vivo models -- Light-induced dermal toxicity: effects on cellular and molecular levels -- Failure of standard test batteries for detection of genotoxic activity of some chemicals used in dermatological and cosmetic products -- Exogenous ochronosis: update -- Diagnostic patch test: science and art -- Irritant and allergic contact dermatitis treatment -- Factors affecting children's susceptibility to chemicals -- Utilization of irritation data in local lymph node assay -- Air bag injuries -- Cigarette smoking and skin -- Chemical analysis of tattoo pigments cleaved by laser light -- Dermatotoxicology of specialized epithelia: adapting cutaneous test methods to assess topical effects on vulva -- Anti-irritants: myth or reality? overview -- Evaluating mechanical and chemical irritation using the behind-the-knee tests: review -- Need for more sensitive tools as we reach limits of our ability to detect differences in skin effects from mild products -- Drug patch testing in systemic cutaneous drug allergy -- Hormesis and dermatology -- Diagnosis of drug hypersensitivity in vitro -- Immunologic patterns in allergic and irritant contact dermatitis: similarities -- Water decontamination of chemical skin and eye splashes: critical review -- Chemical substances and contact allergy: 244 substances ranked according to allergenic potency -- Use of modified forearm controlled application test to evaluate skin irritation of lotion formulations -- Hair in toxicology -- Popliteal lymph node assay -- Pigmentation changes resulting from arsenic exposure -- Textiles and human skin, microclimate, cutaneous reactions: overview -- In vivo human transfer of topical bioactive drugs among individuals: estradiol -- Is there evidence that geraniol causes allergic contact dermatitis? -- Operational definition of a causative contact allergen-study with six fragrance allergens -- Sodium lauryl sulfate-induced irritation in human faces: regional- and age-related differences -- Classification of irritant contact dermatitis -- In vitro skin irritation testing on SkinEthic[tm]-reconstituted human epidermis: reproducibility for fifty chemicals tested with two protocols -- Identifying source of textile-dye allergic contact dermatitis: guidelines -- Functional map and age-related differences in human faces: nonimmunologic contact urticaria induced by hexyl nicotinate -- Is contact allergy lifelong in humans? an overview of patch-test follow-ups -- Irritants in combination with synergistic or additive effect on skin response overview of tandem irritation studies -- Allergic contact dermatitis from iodine preparations: a conundrum? -- Human skin buffering capacity: oveview.Pesticide percutaneous absorption and decontamination -- Tape stripping method versus stratum corneum -- Parameters influencing stratum corneum removal by tape stripping -- Quantification of stratum corneum removed by tape stripping -- Isolated perfused porcine skin flap -- Physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling -- Methods for in vitro skin metabolism studies -- Predicitive toxicology methods for transdermal delivery systems -- Animal, human, and in vitro test methods for predicting skin irritation -- Kawaki method for testing irritation -- Analysis of structural change in intercellular lipids of humam stratum corneum induced by surfactants: electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) study -- Water and saline compresses in treatment of irritant contact dermatitis: literature review -- Reaction of skin blood vessels to successive insults on normal and irritated human skin -- Specificity of retinoid-induced irritation and its role in clinical efficacy -- Topical corticosteroids in the treatment of irritant dermatitis: do they work? -- Tests for sensitive skin -- Test methods for allergic contact dermatitis in animals -- Test methods for allergic contact dermatitis in humans -- Allergic contact dermatitis: elicitation thresholds of potent allergens in humans -- Allergic contact dermatitis to topical anesthetics: a cross-sensitization phenomenon -- Contact urticaria and anaphylaxis to chlorhexidine: overview -- Immunoadjuvants in prospective testing for contact allergens -- Local lymph node assay -- Iontophresis in humans: regional variations in skin barrier function and cutaneous irritation -- Contact urticaria and contact urticaria syndrome (immediate contact reactions) -- In vitro approaches to assessment of skin irritation and phototoxicity of topically applied materials -- Photoirritation (phototoxicity) testing in humans -- Measuring and quantifying ultraviolet radiation exposures -- Determination of subclinical changes of barrier function -- Assessing validity of alternative methods for toxicity testing: role and activities of ECVAM -- Animal models of contact urticaria -- Diagnostic tests in dermatology: patch and photopatch testing and contact urticaria -- Cosmetic reactions -- Decreasing allergic contact dermatitis frequency through dermatotoxicologic- and epidemiologic-based intervention? -- Cutaneous corticosteroid-induced glaucoma --Pharmacogenetics and dermatology -- Ethnic differences in skin properties: objective data -- Occlusion and barrier function -- Anatomical factors affecting barrier function -- Percutaneous penetration enhancers: overview -- Percutaneous absorption of complex chemical mixtures -- Percutaneous absorption: short-term exposure, lag time, multiple exposures, model variations, and absorption from clothing -- Percutaneous absorption: 7 roles of lipids -- Chemical partitioning into powdered human stratum corneum: a useful in vitro model for studying interactions of chemicals and human skin -- Sensitive skin -- Transdermal drug delivery system: an overview -- Transdermal drug delivery system: an overview -- Iontophoresis: from historical perspective to its place in modern medicine -- Irritant dermatitis: clinical heterogeneity and contributing factors -- Systemic contact dermatitis -- Allergic contact dermatitis -- Mechanisms in irritant and allergic contact dermatitis -- Occupational allergic contact dermatitis: rational work-up -- Systemic toxicity -- Concepts in molecular dermatotoxicology -- Molecular basis of allergic contact dermatitis -- Photoirritation (phototoxicity, phototoxic dermatitis) -- Permeability of skin to metal compounds, with focus on nickel and copper -- Chemically induced scleroderma -- Chemical agents that cause depigmentation -- Carcinogenesis: current trends in skin cancer research -- Retinoids and mechanisms of their toxicity -- Mechanisms in cutaneous drug hypersensitivity reactions -- Drug-induced ocular phototoxicity -- Water: is it an irritant? -- Sodium lauryl sulfate -- Factors influencing applied amounts of topical preparations -- Barrier creams -- OECD guidelines for testing of chemicals -- Methods for in vitro percutaneous absorption -- Percutaneous absorption of hazardous substances from soil and water --
- Measurements in wound healing 2012, SpringerThe Importance of Vascular Investigation and Intervention in Leg Ulcer Management /Colin Davies and Keith Poskitt --Diabetic Foot Disease and Wound Healing /Agbor Ndip and Edward B. Jude --Atypical Ulcers /Jennifer Tang and Robert S. Kirsner --Nutrition and Wound Healing /Giuseppe Benati and Maria S. Bertone --Measurement of Wound Healing and Tissue Repair /Visweswar Bhattacharya, Nilesh K. Agarwal and Siddhartha Bhattacharya --Pressure Ulcers in Neurologically Compromised Patients /Anbananden Soopramanien and Shivram Singh --Complications of Wound Healing /Somprakas Basu and Vijay Shukla --Epidemiology of Wounds /David J. Margolis --Histopathology of Wounds /Mariya Miteva and Paolo Romanelli --Measuring Pressure in the Diabetic Foot /Thanh Dinh, Aristidis Veves and Francesco Tecilazich --Skin and Vascular Assessments /Marco Romanelli, Valentina Dini and Raj Mani --Wound Tissue Oximetry: A Cornerstone in Wound Care /Jaideep Banerjee and Chandan K. Sen --Measurement of Biomarkers for Impaired Healing in Fluids and Tissues /Gregory S. Schultz and Daniel J. Gibson --Measurements in Burns /Tom McKinnell and Sarah A. Pape --Managing Scars: Measurements to Improve Scar Management /Luc Téot, Claude Roques, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr --The Use of Biophysical Technologies in Chronic Wound Management /Uwe Wollina, Birgit Heinig and Luther Kloth --Research Studies in Wound Healing: The Role of Outcomes/Endpoints for the Evidence in RCTs /Finn Gottrup, Jan Apelqvist and Patricia Price --Models in Wound Healing /Ming Yuan Miao, Ting Xie, Shuliang Lu and Raj Mani.
- Melanoma development 2011, Springer
- Microskin grafting for vitiligo 2009, Springer
- Mohs micrographic surgery 2012, SpringerAn Introduction to Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Indications for Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Preoperative Evaluation --Mohs Micrographic Surgery Operative Room Setup --Anesthetic Considerations: Local Versus Regional --Cutaneous Anatomy in Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Mohs Surgery: Fixed Tissue Technique --Fresh Tissue Technique --Special Considerations for Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Organ Transplant Recipients --Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Ethnic Skin --Histopathology Laboratory Setup and Necessary Instrumentation --Tissue Transport and Initial Processing Cryostat Preparation of Slides --Histopathologic Interpretation of Mohs Slides --Tissue Specimen Documentation, Record Keeping, and Sample Storage --Immunostains --Basal Cell Carcinoma --Squamous Cell Carcinoma --Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Treatment of Cutaneous Melanoma --Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans --Microcystic Adnexal Carcinoma --Atypical Fibroxanthoma --Extramammary Paget Disease --Leiomyosarcoma --Merkel Cell Carcinoma --Selected Sweat Gland Carcinomas --Sebaceous Carcinoma --Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Eyelid --Mohs Surgery for Periungual and Subungual Skin Cancer --Genitalia --Deep Structures of the Head and Neck --Complications of Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Eyelid Reconstruction After Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Flaps --Skin Grafting --Side to Side Closure After Mohs Surgery --Prosthetic Rehabilitation --Combination Therapy for the Nonsurgical Treatment of Skin Cancers: Latest Research at Mount Sinai --Training and Regulation in Mohs Surgery --Establishing a Mohs Practice --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: South America --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Europe --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: East Asia --International Perspective of Mohs Micrographic Surgery: Australia and New Zealand --Information for Patients and Safety Considerations --Ethical Issues Related to Mohs Skin Cancer Surgery --Medicolegal Issues Regarding Mohs Micrographic Surgery --Psychological Issues Regarding Mohs Micrographic Surgery.
- Molecular Diagnostics in Dermatology and Dermatopathology 2011, Springer
- The epidemiology of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma / Hao Wang and Thomas L. Diepgen -- Histology of epithelial skin tumors / Jörg Reichrath and Kerstin Querings -- UV damage and DNA repair in basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas / Knuth Rass -- Papillomavirus infections and cancerogenesis of squamous cell and basal cell carcinomas / Guido Bens -- The immune system and nonmelanoma skin cancers / Elma D. Baron -- Cytogenetics of basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinomas / Melanie A. Carless, Kevin J. Ashton and Lyn R. Griffiths -- The hedgehog signaling pathway and epithelial skin cancer / Julia Reifenberger -- p53 protein and nonmelanoma skin cancer / Vladislava O. Melnikova and Honnavara N. Ananthaswamy -- TGF-[beta] pathway and cancerogenesis of epithelial skin tumors / Miguel Quintanilla ... [et al.] -- PDGF pathways and growth of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas / Jingwu Xie -- Apoptosis and cancerogenesis of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma / Peter Erb ... [et al.] -- The role of telomerase for cancerogenesis of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas / Eva-Maria Fabricius.
- Morgellon's syndrome 2010, CRCnetBASEWhy the investigation was started -- Materials and methodology -- Evidence not recorded on videotape -- The phenomenon of the disappearing hair follicles -- Particles entering the eyes -- Particles exiting the eyes -- A substance that transverses the optic globe -- The irregular iris -- Particles that exit the feet -- Particles that enter the feet -- The microorganism mobility : an internal propulsion system -- Green feet illuminate the role of the epidermis in the life-cycle of the microorganism -- Coated hairs under the microscope -- The micro organism possibly growing on a piece of cocaine -- A summary of the observations -- The structure of the microorganism -- A model accounting for the observed phenomena -- Is there a cure? -- Future considerations : a microorganism as an etiology for delusional parasitosis.
- Nanotechnology in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Neuroimmunology of the skin 2009, Springer
- Nevogenesis 2012, Springer
- Non-surgical treatment of keratinocyte skin cancer 2010, Springer
- Nutrition and skin 2011, SpringerVitamin A and the Skin -- Relevance of the Cutaneous Vitamin D Endocrine System for Skin Physiology and Treatment of Skin Diseases -- Photoprotection of the Skin with Vitamins C and E: Antioxidants and Synergies -- Carotenoids and Skin -- Antioxidants and Skin -- Minerals and the Skin -- Minerals and the Skin -- Probiotics and Skin -- Introduction and Overview -- Diet and Acne -- Glycemic Load and Acne -- Essential Fatty Acids and Atopic Dermatitis -- Hair Biology and Nutritional Influences -- Detecting and Monitoring Nutrients on Skin Using Noninvasive Methods -- Nutritional Clinical Studies in Dermatology.
- Nutrition for healthy skin 2011, Springer
- Obstetric dermatology 2009, Springer
- Occupational therapy in epidermolysis bullosa 2013, Springer
- Oxidants and antioxidants in cutaneous biology 2001, Karger
- Patch testing and prick testing. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Patch testing and prick testing. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Pathogenesis and management of atopic dermatitis 2011, KargerAtopic dermatitis and the hygiene hypothesis revisited / Flohr, C., Yeo, L. -- Loss-of-function mutations within the filaggrin gene predispose to atopic dermatitis / Kawasaki, H. ... [et al.] -- Fc epsilon R1-toll-like receptor interaction in atopic dermatitis / Novak, N., Bieber, T. -- The antimicrobial skin barrier in patients with atopic dermatitis / Schittek, B. -- Defective sweating responses in atopic dermatitis / Shiohara, T., Doi, T., Hayakawa, J. -- The role of cytokines/chemokines in the pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis / Yamanaka, K., Mizutani, H. -- Contribution of interleukin 18 to the development of infection-associated atopic dermatitis / Tsutsui, H., Mizutani, H., Nakanishi, K. -- Innate immunity in atopic dermatitis / Mrabet-Dahbi, S., Maurer, M. -- The role of regulatory T cells in atopic dermatitis / Agrawal, R., Wisniewski, J., Woodfolk, J.A. -- Increased susceptibility to cutaneous viral infections in atopic dermatitis : the roles of regulatory T cells and innate immune defects / Shiohara, T. ... [et al.] -- Biomarkers for itch and disease severity in atopic dermatitis / Lee, C.-H., Yu, H.-S. -- Practical issues on interpretation of scoring atopic dermatitis : SCORAD index, objective SCORAD, patient-oriented SCORAD and three-item severity score / Oranje, A.P. -- Systemic therapy of atopic dermatitis in children and adults / Simon, D.
- Percutaneous absorption. 4th ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Photodynamic therapy in dermatology 2011, Springer
- The field of contact dermatitis is potentially frustrating given the complexity of the clinical decision-making process and the effect of false positives and negatives on patient expectations and management. Practical Patch Testing and Chemical Allergens in Contact Dermatitis outlines the most common allergens with practical tips for patch testing in a concise and algorithmic fashion. Children have different needs for patch testing and this handbook describes how to test them safely and manage their disease. Educating patients on how to avoid their irritants and allergens is also key to treatment in all types of contact dermatitis. The authors have incorporated concise reference material on where these chemicals are found and how patients can avoid them. Clinical pearls for patch testing of certain allergens are clearly outlined in this handbook to help providers avoid common pitfalls and reduce the risk of incorrect diagnoses. A frustrating clinical visit and a disappointed patient can potentially be avoided with the use of this book, and thus is is an essential reference for trainees in dermatology and all involved in the management of patients with dermatitis.
- Pressure ulcer research 2005, Springer
- Preventive dermatology 2010, SpringerStress, relaxation, and general well-being -- Smoking, obesity/nutrition, sun and the skin -- Raising awareness on the health literacy epidemic -- Domestic violence, abuse, and neglect: indicators for dermatology -- Working with other healthcare providers -- The future of dermatological therapy and preventive dermatology -- Prevention of drug reactions and allergies in dermatology -- Xerosis and stasis dermatitis -- Photoprotection -- Biologics -- Occupational dermatology -- Diagnosis and prevention of bullous diseases -- Diagnosis and prevention of atopic eczema -- Prevention of psoriasis -- Sports dermatology: prevention -- Prevention of cosmetic problems -- Nutrition, vitamins, and supplements -- Vaccines for viral diseases -- Prevention of sexually transmitted diseases from office to globe -- Current vaccination in dermatology -- Prevention of skin infections -- Wound prevention -- Prevention of surgical complications -- Prevention of keloids.Appendices: Patient handouts: preventive dermatology topics -- Skin performance assessment questionnaire.
- Pruritus 2010, SpringerPart 1. Neurophysiology -- Neuroanatomy of Itch / Akihiko Ikoma -- Neuroreceptors and Neuromediators / Sonja Ständer and Thomas A. Luger -- The Brain in the Skin: Neuro-Epidermal Synapses / Nicholas Boulais and Laurent Misery -- Central Transmission: From Skin to Brain / Tejesh Surendra Patel and Gil Yosipovitch -- Modulation of Pruritus: Peripheral and Central Sensitisation / Martin Schmelz -- Interaction of Pruritus and Pain / Martin Schmelz -- Neuroimaging / Florian Pfab, Michael Valet, Thomas Tölle, Heidrun Behrendt and Johannes Ring, et al. -- Measurement of Itch / Joanna Wallengren -- Experimental Models of Itch / Ulysse Pereira and Laurent Misery -- Part 2. Clinics -- Pruritus, Pain and Other Abnormal Skin Sensations / Laurent Misery -- The Epidemiology of Pruritus / Florence Dalgard and Elke Weisshaar -- Classification / Sonja Ständer -- Examination of Patients / Elke Weisshaar -- Inflammatory Diseases / Jacek C. Szepietowski and Adam Reich -- Pruritus in Autoimmune Diseases / Yozo Ishiuji and Alan B. Fleischer -- Urticaria / Ulrike Raap, Alexander Kapp and Bettina Wedi -- Pruritic Skin Diseases in Travellers / Eric Caumes -- Pruritus in Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma / Tobias Görge and Meinhard Schiller -- Anal Pruritus / Sylvia Proske and Wolfgang Hartschuh -- Secondary Reactive Conditions in Pruritic Skin / Joanna Wallengren -- Aquadynia and Aquagenic Pruritus / Laurent Misery -- Sensitive Skin / Laurent Misery and Sonja Ständer -- Neurogenic Pruritus with Cerebral and/or Medullary Abnormalities / Camille Fleuret and Laurent Misery -- Localized Neuropathic Pruritus / Martin Marziniak, Esther Pogatzki-Zahn and Stefan Evers -- Brachioradial Pruritus / Martin Marziniak and Sonja Ständer -- Other Neurological Causes of Itch / Martin Marziniak, Esther Pogatzki-Zahn and Stefan Evers --Chronic Kidney Disease-Associated Pruritus / Thomas Mettang -- Pruritus in Patients with Hepatobiliary Diseases / Andreas E. Kremer, Ronald P. J. Oude-Elferink and Ulrich Beuers -- Endocrine Diseases / Elke Weisshaar -- Pruritus in the Course of Malignancy / Zbigniew Zylicz and Malgorzata Krajnik -- Drugs / Jacek C. Szepietowski and Adam Reich -- Interaction Between Pruritus and Stress or Other Psychosomatic Factors / Laurent Misery -- Psychosomatic Aspects and Psychiatric Conditions / Gudrun Schneider -- Psychosomatics and Psychiatry, Psychological Approach / Sabine Dutray and Laurent Misery -- Psychogenic Pruritus / Laurent Misery -- Pruritus in Children / Matthieu Gréco and Laurent Misery -- Pruritus Vulvae / Micheline Moyal-Barracco -- Part 3. Treatment -- General Principles and Guidelines / Elke Weisshaar -- Menthol / Laurent Misery and Sonja Ständer -- Capsaicin / Laurent Misery -- Topical Immunomodulators / Laurent Misery -- Cannabinoid-Receptor Agonists / Sonja Ständer -- Other Topical Treatments / Laurent Misery -- Antihistamines / Caroline Gaudy-Marqueste -- Anticonvulsants for the Treatment of Pruritus / Nora V. Bergasa and Deewan Deewan -- Opioid Receptor Antagonists or Agonists / Laurent Misery -- Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and Other Antidepressants in the Treatment of Chronic Pruritus / Zbigniew Zylicz and Małgorzata Krajnik -- Systemic Immunosuppressants in the Treatment of Pruritus / Silvia Moretti, Francesca Prignano and Torello Lotti -- Other Systemic Treatments / Sonja Ständer -- Psychological Intervention / Sabine Dutray and Laurent Misery -- Ultraviolet Phototherapy of Pruritus / Joanna Wallengren -- Itch and Acupuncture / Laurent Misery and Laurence Potin-Richard -- Future Perspectives: Outlook / Sonja Ständer and Laurent Misery.
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis 2005, Springer
- Radiation therapy for skin cancer 2013, Springer
- Reflectance confocal microscopy for skin diseases 2012, SpringerPart 1.Confocal Reflectance Microscopy - the Essentials --The Confocal Story --How Reflectance Confocal Microscopy Works --A Hands-on Guide to Confocal Imaging --Part 2.Normal Skin --Epidermis, Dermis and Epidermal Appendages --Acral Volar Skin, Facial Skin and Mucous Membrane --Part 3.Melanocytic lesions --Semeiology and Pattern Analysis in Melanocytic Lesions --Dermoscopic and Histopathologic Correlations --Part 4.Melanocytic lesions: Nevi --Common Nevi --Atypical/Dysplastic Nevi --Spitz Nevi --In Vivo Confocal Reflectance Microscopy of Congenital Melanocytic Nevi --The Many Faces of Nevi: Blue, "Black" and Recurrent Nevi --Part 5.Melanocytic lesions: Melanoma --Superficial Spreading Melanoma --Melanoma Progression --Nodular Melanoma --Lentigo Maligna --Amelanotic Melanoma --Part 6.Non-melanocytic Skin Lesions --Semiology and Pattern Analysis in Nonmelanocytic Lesions --Dermoscopic and Histopathologic Correlations --Solar Lentigo, Seborrheic Keratosis and Lichen Planus-Like Keratosis --Basal Cell Carcinoma --Actinic Keratosis --Squamous Cell Carcinoma --Cutaneous Lymphoma --Potpourri of Nonmelanocytic Skin Lesions --Part 7.Inflammatory Skin Diseases --The Semiology and Patterns of Inflammatory Skin Conditions --Hyperkeratotic Dermatitis --Spongiotic Dermatitis --Interface Dermatitis --Pigmentary Skin Disorders --Part 8.Monitoring of Skin Lesions and Therapy Control --Follow-up of Nevi --Monitoring of Nonsurgical Treatment of Skin Tumors --Confocal Mosaicing Microscopy in Skin Excisions: Feasibility of Cancer Margin Screening at the Bedside to Guide Mohs Surgery --Reflectance Confocal Microscopy Applications in Cosmetology --Part 9.Future Aspects --Tele-Reflectance Confocal Microscopy --Automated Diagnosis and Reflectance Confocal Microscopy --Experimental Applications and Future Directions --Part 10.Glossary --Reflectance Confocal Microscopy Imaging: A Glossary of Terminology.
- Safety assessment of cosmetics in Europe 2008, KargerCosmetic products and their current regulatory framework -- Challenges related to cosmetic safety assessment in the EU -- Critical analysis of the safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients performed at the European level -- Safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients present in technical information files of finished products -- The cosmetic technical information file in practice -- The use of alternative methods in the safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients.
- Sauer's Manual of skin diseases. 9th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Science and practice of pressure ulcer management 2006, Springer
- Scleroderma 2012, Springer
- Sensing the environment 2012, SpringerIntroduction --Biogenic Amines in the Skin --Melatoninergic System in the Skin --Cutaneous Cholinergic System --Corticotropin Signaling System in the Skin --Steroidogenesis in the Skin --Equivalent of Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis in the Skin --Cutaneous Secosteroidal System --Equivalent of Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis --Cutaneous Opioid System --Cutaneous Endocannabinoid System --Perspectives.
- Shedding light on indoor tanning 2012, Springer
- Skin aging 2006, Springer1. Recent Demographic Changes and Consequences for Dermatology / Ursula Krämer and Tamara Schikowski, p. 1-8 -- 2. Clinical and Histological Features of Intrinsic versus Extrinsic Skin Aging / Mina Yaar, p. 9-21 -- 3. Ethnic Differences in Skin Aging / Erwin Tschachler and Frederique Morizot, p. 23-31 -- 4. Photoaging of Skin / Jean Krutmann and Barbara Gilchrest, p. 33-43 -- 5. Premature Skin Aging by Infrared Radiation, Tobacco Smoke and Ozone / Peter Schroeder, Stefan Schieke and Akimichi Morita, p. 45-53 -- 6. The Role of Hormones in Intrinsic Aging / Christos Zouboulis and Evgenia Makrantonaki, p. 55-64 -- 7. Permeability and Antioxidant Barriers in Aged Epidermis / Jens Thiele, Chantal Barland, Ruby Ghadially and Peter Elias, p. 65-79 -- 8. Clarifying the Vitamin D Controversy: The Health Benefits of Supplementation by Diet Versus Sunshine / Deon Wolpowitz and Barbara Gilchrest, p. 81-102 -- 9. Modern Photoprotection of Human Skin / Jean Krutmann and Daniel Yarosh, p. 103-112 -- 10. Vitamins and Polyphenols in Systemic Photoprotection / Wilhelm Stahl, Hasan Mukhtar, Farrukh Afaq and Helmut Sies, p. 113-121 -- 11. Hormone Replacement Therapy and Skin Aging / Glenda Hall and Tania Phillips, p. 123-132 -- 12. Skin Aging in Three Dimensions / Niels Krejci-Papa and Robert Langdon, p. 133-142 -- 13. Retinoid Therapy for Photoaging / Laure Rittié, Gary Fisher and John Voorhees, p. 143-156 -- 14. Topical Photodynamic Therapy / Dany Touma and Rolf-Markus Szeimies, p. 157-166 -- 15. Botulinum Toxin, Fillers, Peels: The Scientific View / Nanna Schürer, p. 167-184 -- 16. Lasers / Roland Kaufmann and Christian Beier, p. 185-194.
- Skin bioscience 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Skin Cancer 2014, Springer
- Skin cancer 2011, Springer
- Skin cancer after organ transplantation 2009, Springer
- Skin cancer management 2010, SpringerBiopsy techniques and interpretation / Deborah F. MacFarlane and Ronald P. Rapini -- Topical therapies for nonmelanoma skin cancers / Abel Torres and Tejas Desai -- Chemical peels for precancerous skin lesions / Gary D. Monheit and Chad L. Prather -- Photodynamic therapy / Nathalie C. Zeitouni, Allan Oseroff, and David J. Najarian -- Intralesional and perilesional treatment of skin cancers / Christopher J. Arpey, Nicole M. Annest, Stephen B. Tucker, Ronald P. Rapini, and Deborah F. MacFarlane -- Electrodesiccation and curettage / Gloria F. Graham -- Cryosurgery / Gloria F. Graham -- Optimizing surgical outcomes / Thomas Stasko and Amy Ross -- Anesthesia / Susannah L. Collier and George J. Hruza -- Excision techniques, staples, and sutures / Mollie A. MacCormack -- Mohs surgery / Desiree Ratner and Jennifer L. MacGregor -- Cutaneous flaps / Tatyana Humphreys -- Techniques in skin grafting / Deborah F. MacFarlane -- Nail surgery and malignant tumors of the nail unit / Deborah F. MacFarlane and Richard K. Scher -- Practical management of melanoma / Mark F. Naylor -- Skin cancer in skin of color / Brooke A. Jackson -- Management of skin cancers in solid organ transplant recipients / John Carucci and Dariush Moussai -- Imaging of head and neck skin cancer / Komal Shah, Jane Onufer, and Deborah F. MacFarlane -- Radiation oncology in skin cancer treatment / Susan L. McGovern and Matthew T. Ballo -- When to refer out / Daniel M. Siegel, Laura T. Cepeda, and Deborah F. MacFarlane -- Chemoprevention of skin cancer / Fiona Zwald and David Lambert.
- Skin in systemic autoimmune diseases 2006, ScienceDirect
- Skin of color 2013, Springer
- Skin protection 2007, Karger
- Sports dermatology 2006, Springer
- Telemedicine in dermatology 2012, Springer
- Textbook of aging skin 2010, Springer
- Therapy of skin diseases 2010, Springer
- Thyroid disorders with cutaneous manifestations 2008, SpringerAnatomy and Embryology of the Thyroid Gland / Gabriel Wong and Scott Schaffer -- Hormones / Airani Sathananthan, Kimberly A. Placzkowski and John C. Morris -- Classification and Epidemiology of Thyroid Disease / Ghada Haddad and Steven Kaufman -- Laboratory Diagnosis of Thyroid Disease / Reagan Schiefer and Vahab Fatourechi -- Thyroglossal Duct Cysts / Lisa M. Reid -- Thyroid Cancer and the Skin / Robert A. Somer and Nati Lerman -- Chromosomes, Genes, and the Thyroid Gland / Analisa V. Halpern and Rhonda E. Schnur -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Hyperthyroidism / Clara-Dina Cokonis, Carrie W. Cobb, Warren R. Heymann and Chad M. Hivnor -- Cutaneous Manifestations of Hypothyroidism / Sandra A. Kopp, Pascal G. Ferzli, Chad M. Hivnor and Warren R. Heymann -- Pretibial Myxedema (Thyroid Dermopathy) / Vahab Fatourechi -- Alopecia and Thyroid Disease / Michelle Babb-Tarbox and Wilma F. Bergfeld -- Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria and Thyroid Disease / Jeffrey S Rumbyrt and Alan L Schocket -- Dermatologic Disorders Associated with Thyroid Disease / Joslyn Sciacca Kirby and William D. James -- Potential Therapeutic Uses of Thyroid Hormone / Joshua D. Safer and Michael F. Holick.
- Topical applications and the mucosa 2011, KargerMucosal membranes have unique anatomical and physiological properties -- differing from those of the keratinized epithelium -- which affect drug or chemical absorption. This makes the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the mucosa a challenge to dermatologists as well as gynecologists, since many conditions are difficult to recognize and well-established principles of skin disease treatment do not apply to the mucosa. This volume is exclusively devoted to the mucosal membrane and delivers a better understanding of this distinctive area. Subsequently to introductory chapters on the morphology and physiology of the mucosa, the topical treatment of impaired mucosal membranes is discussed. A third section covers the wide spectrum of consumer products applied on mucosal surfaces. Finally, the safety of products for mucosal membranes is reviewed. Providing an excellent summary and review of the latest findings and topical applications, this book will be of great value to physicians and clinicians in dermatology or gynecology, pharmacists, scientists and toxicologists who are involved in the development of products for mucosal membranes.
- Total burn care. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectA brief history of acute burn care management -- Teamwork for total burn care: Burn centers and multidisciplinary burn teams -- Epidemiological, demographic, and outcome characteristics of burn injury -- Prevention of burn injuries -- Burn management in disasters and humanitarian crises -- Care of outpatient burns -- Pre-hospital management, transportation and emergency care -- Pathophysiology of burn shock and burn edema -- Fluid resuscitation and early management -- Evaluation of the burn wound: Management decisions -- Enzymatic debridement of burn wounds -- Treatment of infection in burns -- Operative wound management -- Anesthesia for burned patients -- The skin bank -- Alternative wound coverings -- The role of alternative wound substitutes in major burn wounds and burn scar resurfacing -- The pathophysiology of inhalation injury -- Diagnosis and treatment of inhalation injury -- Respiratory care -- The systemic inflammatory response syndrome -- The immunological response and strategies for intervention -- Hematologic and hematopoietic response to burn injury -- Significance of the adrenal and sympathetic response to burn injury -- The hepatic response to thermal injury -- Effects of burn Injury on bone and mineral metabolism -- Vitamin and trace element homeostasis following severe burn injury -- Hypophosphatemia -- Nutritional support of the burned patient -- Modulation of the hypermetabolic response after burn injury -- Etiology and prevention of multisystem organ failure -- Renal failure in association with thermal injuries -- Critical care in the severely burned: Organ support and management of complications --Burn nursing -- Special considerations of age: The pediatric burned patient -- Care of geriatric patients -- Surgical management of complications of burn injury -- Electrical injuries -- Electrical injury: Reconstructive problems -- Cold-induced injury: Frostbite -- Chemical burns -- Radiation injuries and vesicant burns -- Exfoliative diseases of the integument and soft tissue necrotizing infections -- The burn problem: A pathologist's perspective -- Molecular and cellular basis of hypertrophic scarring -- Pathophysiology of the burn scar -- Comprehensive rehabilitation of the burn patient -- Musculoskeletal changes secondary to thermal burns -- Mitigation of burn-induced hypermetabolic and catabolic response during convalescence -- Reconstruction of burn deformities: An overview -- The use of skin grafts, skin flaps and tissue expansion in burn deformity reconstruction -- Microvascular technique of composite tissue transfer -- Reconstruction of the head and neck -- Correction of burn alopecia -- Reconstruction of the burned breast -- Management of contractural deformities involving the shoulder (axilla), elbow, hip and knee joints in burned patients -- Care of a burned hand and reconstruction of the deformities -- Management of burn injuries of the perineum -- Reconstruction of burn deformities of the lower extremity -- The ethical dimension of burn care -- Intentional burn injuries -- Functional sequelae and disability assessment -- Cost-containment and outcome measures -- Management of pain and other discomforts in burned patients -- Psychiatric disorders associated with burn injury -- Psychosocial recovery and reintegration of patients with burn injuries.
- Toxicology of the skin 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Transdermal and intradermal delivery of therapeutic agents 2011, CRCnetBASE"Skin, once thought to be an impenetrable barrier, is an extremely active organ capable of interacting with its environment. Advancements in science combined with the need for diverse drug delivery modalities have introduced a variety of transdermal and intradermal products for existing drugs at a fraction of the cost of new drug development. Commercialization of transdermal drug delivery requires technology from many disciplines beyond pharmaceutical sciences, such as polymer chemistry, adhesion sciences, mass transport, web film coating, printing, and medical technology. A comprehensive discussion of these technologies and practices, Transdermal and Intradermal Delivery of Therapeutic Agents: Application of Physical Technologies, covers: Commercial development of devices and products based on transdermal physical enhancement technologies, Selecting optimal enhancement technology for a specific drug molecule using case studies that cover physicochemical properties as well as practical commercial considerations related to cost, unmet clinical needs, marketing, or intellectual property protection, Technologies such as microneedles, iontophoresis, electroporation, and sonophoresis with examples for delivery of small molecules, cosmeceuticals, proteins, and vaccines, Practical information on experimental procedures and challenges related to skin irritation and safety issues. Up-to-date and accessible to researchers and industry experts, this book provides a comprehensive discussion of the physical approaches and practical considerations for the laboratory and marketplace"--Provided by publisher.
- Transplantation dermatology 2012, Karger
- Treatment of dry skin syndrome 2012, SpringerPart 1.THE MARKETPLACE AND TREATMENT ASPECTS --Moisturizers as Cosmetics, Medicines, or Medical Device? The Regulatory Demands in the European Union /Amy Sörensen, Peter Landvall and Marie Lodén --Design of Claims Support for Moisturizers /Judith K. Woodford --Educational Interventions for the Management of Children with Dry Skin /Steven J. Ersser and Noreen Heer Nicol --Dry Skin in Childhood and the Misery of Eczema and Its Treatments /Susan Lewis-Jones --Use of Moisturizers in Patients with Atopic Dermatitis /Kam Lun Ellis Hon and Alexander K. C. Leung.Part 2.SKIN ESSENTIALS --Sensory Systems of Epidermal Keratinocytes /Mitsuhiro Denda --Sensitive Skin: Intrinsic and Extrinsic Contributors /Miranda A. Farage and Michael K. Robinson --Electron Tomography of Skin /Lars Norlén --Filaggrin Gene Defects and Dry Skin Barrier Function /Martin Willy Meyer and Jacob P. Thyssen --Molecular Organization of the Lipid Matrix in Stratum Corneum and Its Relevance for the Protective Functions of Human Skin /Mila Boncheva --Desquamation: It Is Almost All About Proteases /Rainer Voegeli and Anthony V. Rawlings --Endogenous Retroviral-Like Aspartic Protease, SASPase as a Key Modulator of Skin Moisturization /Takeshi Matsui --Vernix Caseosa and Its Substitutes: Lipid Composition and Physicochemical Properties /Marty O. Visscher and Steven B. Hoath --The Role of Tight Junctions and Aquaporins in Skin Dryness /J. M. Brandner --Biomechanics of the Barrier Function of Human Stratum Corneum /Kemal Levi and Reinhold H. Dauskardt /--Part 3.Dry Skin Disorders and Treatments --Update on Atopic Eczema with Special Focus on Dryness and the Impact of Moisturizers /Eric Simpson --Update on Hand Eczema with Special Focus on the Impact of Moisturisers /Christina Williams and Mark Wilkinson --Update on Ichthyosis with Special Emphasis on Dryness and the Impact of Moisturizers /Johannes Wohlrab --Psoriasis and Dry Skin: The Impact of Moisturizers /Joachim W. Fluhr, Enzo Berardesca and Razvigor Darlenski --Update on Infant Skin with Special Focus on Dryness and the Impact of Moisturizers /Georgios N. Stamatas and Neena K. Tierney.Part 4.INGREDIENTS AND TREATMENT EFFECTS --The Composition and Development of Moisturizers /Steve Barton --Ungual Formulations: Topical Treatment of Nail Diseases /Kenneth A. Walters --Preservation of Moisturisers /D. Godfrey --Potential Allergens in Moisturizing Creams /Ana Rita Travassos and An Goossens --Formulating Moisturizers Using Natural Raw Materials /Swarnlata Saraf --Chemical and Physical Properties of Emollients /Jari T. Alander --Polyfunctional Vehicles by the Use of Vegetable Oils /Luigi Rigano and Chiara Andolfatto --The Effect of Natural Moisturizing Factors on the Interaction Between Water Molecules and Keratin /Noriaki Nakagawa --Impact of Stratum Corneum Damage on Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) in the Skin /Lisa M. Kroll, Douglas R. Hoffman, Corey Cunningham and David W. Koenig --Water and Minerals in the Treatment of Dryness /Ronni Wolf, Danny Wolf, Donald Rudikoff and Lawrence Charles Parish --Hyaluronan Inside and Outside of Skin /Aziza Wahby, Kathleen Daddario DiCaprio and Robert Stern --Glycerol as a Skin Barrier Influencing Humectant /Laurène Roussel, Nicolas Atrux-Tallau and Fabrice Pirot --The Use of Urea in the Treatment of Dry Skin /Marie Lodén --Urea and Skin: A Well-Known Molecule Revisited /Alessandra Marini, Jean Krutmann and Susanne Grether-Beck --The Influence of Climate on the Treatment of Dry Skin with Moisturizer /C. Stick and E. Proksch --Emollient Therapy and Skin Barrier Function /Majella E. Lane --Skin Barrier Responses to Moisturizers: Functional and Biochemical Changes /Izabela Buraczewska-Norin --Changes in Stratum Corneum Thickness, Water Gradients and Hydration by Moisturizers /Jonathan M. Crowther, Paul J. Matts and Joseph R. Kaczvinsky --Skin Moisture and Heat Transfer /Jerrold Scott Petrofsky and Lee Berk.
- Update in cosmetic dermatology 2013, SpringerThis well-illustrated guide provides concise descriptions of the most frequently encountered cosmetic skin conditions and essential information on commonly employed treatment procedures. The book opens with a description of skin evaluation systems and then documents etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment for various conditions, including cellulite, acne, hirsutism, and striae distensae. The second part of the book provides step-by-step guidelines on a range of cosmetic procedures, such as botulinum toxin injection, cryosurgery, electrosurgery, and injection lipolysis. The advice provided will be invaluable for all physicians who intend to incorporate these procedures into their practices. The book will also be of interest to established specialists in cosmetic dermatology wishing to update their knowledge and to all general dermatologists and plastic surgeons required to answer the numerous questions posed by patients seeking to maintain or improve the quality of their skin.
- Urticaria and angioedema 2010, SpringerHistory of Urticaria / M. Greaves -- Aetiopathogenesis of Urticaria / Clive E. H. Grattan -- Classification of Urticaria / Torsten Zuberbier -- Impact of Urticaria: QOL and Performance / Ilaria Baiardini, Fulvio Braido and Giorgio Walter Canonica -- Acute Urticaria / Torsten Zuberbier -- Chronic Urticaria / Marcus Maurer -- Dermographic and Delayed Pressure Urticaria / Frances Lawlor -- Heat and Cold Urticaria / Carsten Bindslev-Jensen -- Solar Urticaria / Tatsuya Horikawa, Atsushi Fukunaga and Chikako Nishigori -- Cholinergic Urticaria and Exercise-Induced Anaphylaxis / Ruth A. Sabroe -- Contact Urticaria / Jürgen Grabbe -- Urticarial Syndromes and Autoinflammation / Kanade Shinkai and Kieron S. Leslie -- Urticaria Vasculitis / Lluís Puig -- Angioedema / Elena Borzova and Clive E. H. Grattan -- Therapy of Urticaria / Bettina Wedi -- Standard Operating Procedures: A Practical Approach / M. Metz and M Magerl.
- Weedon's Skin pathology essentials 2012, ScienceDirectThe basics -- Diagnostic clues and "need to know" items -- Lichenoid reaction pattern -- Psoriasiform reaction pattern -- Spongiotic reaction pattern -- Vesiculobullous reaction pattern -- Granulomatous reaction pattern -- Vasculopathic reaction pattern -- Disorders of epidermal maturation and keratinization -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Disorders ofcollagen -- Disorders of elastic tissue -- Cutaneous mucinoses -- Cutaneous deposits -- Diseases of cutaneous appendages -- Cysts, sinuses, and pits -- Panniculitis -- Metabolic and storage diseases -- Miscellaneous conditions -- Cutaneous drug reactions -- Reactions to physical agents -- Cutaneous infections and infestations -- Bacterial and rickettsial infections -- Spirochetal infections -- Mycoses and algal infections -- Viral diseases -- Protozoal infections -- Marine injuries -- Helminth infestations -- Arthropod-induced diseases -- Tumors of the epidermis -- Lentigines, nevi, and melanomas -- Tumors of cutaneous appendages -- Fibrous tumors and tumor-like proliferations -- Tumors of fat -- Tumors of muscle, cartilage, and bone -- Neural and neuroendocrine tumors -- Vascular tumors -- Cutaneous metastases -- Cutaneous non-lymphoid infiltrates -- Cutaneous lymphomatous and leukemic infiltrates.
- Wound care. 5th ed. 2005, OvidPt. 1. Wound care and prevention. Fundamentals of skin and wound care -- Assessment parameters for skin and wound care -- Mapping laboratory values in wound healing -- Lower-extremity and pressure ulcers -- Preparing and managing the skin and the wound bed -- The art of documentation and outcomes -- Pt. 2. Wound care products. Dressings -- Alginates -- Antimicrobials -- Collagens -- Composites -- Contact layers -- Foams -- Hydrocolloids -- Hydrogels -- Specialty absorptives -- Surgical supplies, miscellaneous -- Transparent films -- Wound fillers -- Other products -- Drugs -- Products -- Pt. 3. Additional dressings and products. Abdominal dressing holders/binders -- Compression bandage systems -- Conforming bandages -- Elastic bandage rolls -- Gauze, impregnated with other than water, normal saline or hydrogel, without adhesive border --Gauze, impregnated with water or normal saline, without adhesive border -- Gauze, nonimpregnated, with adhesive border -- Gauze, nonimpregnated, without adhesive border -- Tapes -- Wound cleansers -- Wound pouches -- Appendices -- A. Body mass index -- B. Braden scale -- C. Wagner ulcer grade classification -- D. Treatment algorithm for pressure ulcers -- E. Treatment algorithm for arterial ulcers -- F. Treatment algorithm for venous ulcers -- G. Treatment algorithm for diabetic ulcers -- H. Treatment algorithm for diabetic ulcer wound care -- I. Laboratory tests to rule out atypical causes of leg ulcers -- J. Ankle-brachen index use in patients with diabetes -- Manufacturer resource guide.
- Wound healing and ulcers of the skin 2005, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases