Books by Subject
- Absolute dermatology review : mastering clinical conditions on the dermatology recertification exam — Cutaneous drug eruptions : diagnosis, histopathology and therapy (100)
- Cutaneous hematopathology : approach to the diagnosis of atypical lymphoid-hematopoietic infiltrates in skin — Hurwitz Clinical pediatric dermatology : a textbook of skin disorders of childhood and adolescence. Fifth edition [5th ed.] (100)
- Hyperhidrosis and botulinum toxin in dermatology — Practical skin pathology : a diagnostic approach (100)
- Precision molecular pathology of dermatologic diseases — Wound healing and ulcers of the skin : diagnosis and therapy : the practical approach (71)
- Cutaneous hematopathology : approach to the diagnosis of atypical lymphoid-hematopoietic infiltrates in skin2014 SpringerHernani D. Cualing, Marshall E. Kadin, Mai P. Hoang, Michael B. Morgan, editors.This volume explores the nexus of manifestations of hematopathology and dermatopathology and provides a novel compartmental(epidermal, dermal, subcutaneous) -based framework to approach a diagnosis that considers both pseudolymphomatous and lymphomatous patterns. Through photographs, tables, and text, the book illustrates the range of non-neoplastic hematologic disorders and their neoplastic counterparts in skin: reactive patterns of infectious etiology and immune responses that simulate cutaneous lymphomas. The epidemiology, pathobiology, clinical and immuno-histopathologic manifestations in skin as well as the approach to diagnosis, selection and algorithmic interpretation of tests, and prognosis are also described. Written by experts in the field, Cutaneous Hematopathology: Approach to the Diagnosis of Atypical Lymphoid-Hematopoietic Infiltrates in Skin is a comprehensive resource that is of great value to surgical pathologists, hematopathologists, dermatopathologists, residents and fellows, community dermatologists, oncologists and infectious disease practitioners.
- 2005 SpringerAnnegret Kuhn, Percy Lehmann, Thomas Ruzicka, eds.Also available: Print – 2005
- v. 2, 2006. SpringerG. Burg, P.E. LeBoit (eds.) ; co-editors W. Kempf and B. Müller.v. 2 Unusual cases.Also available: Print – v. 2, 2006.
- 2013 SpringerRobert A.C. Bilo, Arnold P. Oranje, Tor Shwayder, Christopher J. Hobbs.The skin is the most accessible organ of the body and also the most frequently injured organ in physical abuse of children. The interpretation of skin lesions, however, is not always simple. In recent years, many reports have been published on pediatric dermatological disorders and accidental injuries that were unjustly regarded as physical signs of child abuse. Knowledge of the differential diagnosis of unexplained skin findings is essential for accurate diagnosis and of vital importance given that errors in either direction (false positive or false negative) can have disastrous consequences.
- 2012 Springerby Marc E. Grossman, Lindy P. Fox, Carrie Kovarik, Misha Rosenbach.Subcutaneous and deep mycoses -- Hyalohyphomycosis -- Superficial mycoses -- Algae -- Mycobacteria -- Viruses -- Rickettsiae -- Crusted scabies -- Protozoa -- Helminth -- Spirochete -- Gram-Positive bacteria -- Gram-negative bacteria -- Viral related malignancies -- Clues to the diagnosis of skin lesions in the immunocompromised host -- Differential diagnoses.
- 2011 Springerby Zsolt Argenyi, Chris H. Jokinen.The Peripheral Nerve and Cutaneous Neural Tumors: Introduction, Definitions, and Classification -- Special Techniques for the Study of Cutaneous Neural Tumors -- Nonneoplastic and Hamartomatous Lesions of the Cutaneous Peripheral Nerve -- Benign Cutaneous Neoplasms with Peripheral Nerve Differentiation -- Malignant Cutaneous Neoplasms with Peripheral Nerve Differentiation -- Cutaneous Proliferations with Putative Neural Differentiation -- Cutaneous Neuroblastic and Ganglion Cell Proliferations -- Cutaneous Glial and Meningothelial Proliferations -- Appendix: Practical Approach to Neural Tumors? Flowcharts and Differential Diagnostic Table.
- 2006 SpringerR. Numerof, C.A. Dinarello, K. Asadullah, editors.
- 2013 SpringerHelmut Breuninger, Patrick Adam.Introduction -- The Basics for Excision and Flattening -- Embedding and Sectioning -- Dividing Tumors and Topographical Orientation -- Communication with the Lab -- The Aftermath or How to Excise Until Clear Margins -- Variations for Special Locations and Large, Deep Penetrating Tumors -- How to Perform 3D Histology on Different Types of Tumors -- Terminology and Facts.
- 2007 SpringerMichael B. Morgan, Bruce R. Smoller, Stephen C. Somach ; foreword by Mark Allen Everett.
- 2014 WHOAlso available: Print – 2014
- 2013 SpringerLars-Peter Kamolz, David Benjamin Lumenta, editors.Skin: Architecture and Function -- Skin Tissue Engineering -- Use of Novel Biomaterial Design and Stem Cell Therapy in Cutaneous Wound Healing -- In Vivo Visualisation of Skin Graft Revascularisation -- The Role of Elastin in Wound Healing and Dermal Substitute Design -- Surface Modi fi cation by Cold Gasplasma: A Method to Optimise the Vascularisation of Biomaterials -- Collagen Matrices with Enhanced Angiogenic and Regenerative Capabilities -- 3D Visualisation of Skin Substitutes -- Wound Coverage Technologies in Burn Care-Established and Novel Approaches -- Collagen Implants in Hernia Repair and Abdominal Wall Surgery -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Dermatosurgery -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Breast Reconstruction: An Overview -- Reconstruction of the Skin in Posttraumatic Wounds -- Subdermal Tissue Regeneration -- Bioengineering and Analysis of Oral Mucosa Models -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Burn Surgery: Acute Phase -- Burn Reconstruction.
- 2011 SpringerBruce R. Smoller and Kim M. Hiatt.An Overview of Cutaneous Lymphomas -- Vascular Tumors -- Histiocytic Proliferations -- ʺFibrohistiocyticʺ Proliferations -- Tumors of Fat, Nerve, and Smooth Muscle -- Cutaneous Metastases -- Further Reading.
- 2012 SpringerLionel Bercovitch, Clifford Perlis, editors.Part I. Dermatologist as Clinician -- 1. "Excuse Me...": Unsolicited Dermatologic Opinions: Ethical, Moral, and Legal Issues / Lionel Bercovitch -- 2. "Give Me Enbrel(TM) or Give Me Death": Confronting the Limits of Autonomy / Lionel Bercovitch -- 3. Direct-to-Consumer Advertising of Prescription Medications: Misguided "Autonomy" in the Information Age / Lisa Pappas-Taffer and Alexander Miller -- 4. Autonomy, Isotretinoin and iPLEDGE: The Ethics of Burdensome Regulation and Use of Teratogenic Medication / Kenneth E. Bloom and Lionel Bercovitch -- 5. "Who Speaks for the Child?" Consent, Assent, and Confidentiality in Pediatric Dermatology / Kenneth E. Bloom and Lionel Bercovitch -- 6. Therapeutic Privilege: If, When, and How to Lie to Patients / Richard G. Fried and Clifford Perlis -- 7. Communicating with Patients About Adverse Medical Events: If, When, and How to Say "I'm Sorry" / Steven Shama, Lyn Duncan, and Lionel Bercovitch -- 8. The Computer Will See You Now: Ethics of Teledermatology / Jennifer L. Weinberg, Rachel H. Gormley, and Carrie L. Kovarik -- 9. Hospital Consultations: Embracing Professionalism Even When It Hurts / Lauren E. Krug and Stephen E. Helms -- 10. The Extender Is In: Delegating Ethically, Ethical and Professional Issues Relating to Physician Extenders in Dermatology / Steven Rosenberg and Clifford Perlis -- Part II. Dermatologist as Professional -- 11. Professional Boundaries: Safeguarding the Physician-Patient Relationship / Brandon H. Krupp -- 12. Taking Care of Uncle Bob's Rash: Should One Treat Family Members? / Sandra Osswald -- 13. Peering into the Gift Horse: Is It Ethical to Accept Gifts from Patients? / Lionel Bercovitch -- 14. The Dermatologist and Social Media: The Challenges of Friending and Tweeting / Jennifer A. Sbicca and Stanton K. Wesson -- 15. Respecting Differences: Dermatology in a Diverse Society / Vimal Prajapati and Benjamin Barankin -- 16. Dermatologists Within, Beyond and Struggling with Borders: The Global Dermatologist / Jennifer L. Weinberg -- 17. Feet of Clay: The Impaired Dermatologist / Brandon H. Krupp -- Part III. Dermatologist as Teacher and Trainee -- 18. The Mentor-Mentee Relationship: The Devil Is in the Details / Kimberly L. Merkel, John A. Cole, and Stanton K. Wesson -- 19. Tales from the Residency Interview Trail / Jennifer A. Sbicca and Alfred T. Lane -- 20. Ethics Education for Residents: Growing Pains and Learning Crises / Irèn Kossintseva and Benjamin Barankin -- 21. Teaching Ethics in Clinic: Keeping You Smart and Honest / Nely Z. Aldrich and Eliot N. Mostow -- Part IV. Dermatologist as Businessperson -- 22. Boutiques, Botox®, and Basal Cells: Can Dermatology Set Its Priorities? / Jeffrey J. Meffert and Maria Villegas -- 23. The Price Is Right: Office Dispensing and Product Pricing / Tivon Sidorsky -- 24. My Elixir, MD: Morphing a Medical Degree into a Skincare Brand / Julie Cantor -- 25. Marketing the Physician: From Antitrust to Distrust / Catherine L. Kowalewski and Jeffrey J. Meffert -- 26. What the Market Will Bear? Ethical and Professional Issues in Medical Fees / Carl Johnson and Lionel Bercovitch -- 27. Spa, MD: When Dermatology Meets Aromatherapy / Tivon Sidorsky and Lionel Bercovitch -- 28. Gatekeepers, Dermatologists, and Their Patients: Mixed Messages in Managed Care / Lindsey A. Brodell, Robert T. Brodell, and Brendan Minogue -- 29. Ethical Adventures in 21st Century Dermatopathology / Homer O. Wiland IV, Barry D. Kels, and Jane Grant-Kels -- 30. Defining the Gray Zone: Client Billing and Contractual Joint Ventures / Homer O. Wiland IV, Barry D. Kels, and Jane Grant-Kels -- 31. No Strings Attached? Managing Conflicts of Interest in Medicine / Noah D. Shannon and Clifford Perlis -- Part V Dermatologist as Scholar -- 32. Respecting Human Subjects: Responsibilities of the Clinical Investigator / Kenneth Katz and Samual Garner -- 33. Hope, Hype, and Genotype: Genetic Testing in Dermatological Diseases / Natasha Shur -- 34. Desperate Measures for Desperate Patients: Translational Research in Epidermolysis Bullosa / Alfred T. Lane -- 35. Reading Between the Lines: Can Peer Reviewers Be Expected to Detect Fraud? / Jason D. Gillum, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 36. Hiding Behind the Curtain: Anonomyous Versus Open Peer Review / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 37. Ghost Busting in Dermatology Publications: Providing Byline Integrity / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 38. Telling the Same Tale Twice: Déjà vu and the Shades of Grey in Self-Plagiarism / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 39. Cutting Edge or Cutting Corners? Innovative Care / Jolion McGreevy and Clifford Perlis.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyRichard P. Usatine [and others].Drs. Richard Usatine, John Pfenninger, Daniel Stulberg, and Rebecca Small, provides you with the clear, step-by-step guidance you need to provide these options to your patients. Full-color photographs and drawings in combination with high-definition narrated videos clearly demonstrate key procedures, including skin biopsies, cryosurgery, electrosurgery, botulinum toxin injections, and more. Incorporate key dermatologic and cosmetic procedures into your practice with coverage of using dermoscopy to more accurately detect skin cancer, the latest information on lasers, botulinum toxin injections and dermal fillers, the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant lesions, and more. Master dermatologic and cosmetic procedures thanks to more than 40 narrated, high-definition videos on DVD, demonstrating skin biopsies, cryosurgery, electrosurgery, and excision of skin cancers, cysts, and lipomas. See how to perform each procedure clearly from detailed, full-color photographs and drawings and step-by-step instructions. Maximize the value of providing dermatologic and cosmetic procedures with guidance on combination treatments as well as coding and billing details. Enhance your practice with step-by-step guidance to perform virtually any skin procedure in the office setting.
- 2010 SpringerChrista De Cuyper, Maria Luisa Pérez-Cotapos S, editors.
- 2008 Kargervolume editors, Brian J. Nickoloff, Frank O. Nestle.Allergic contact dermatitis / M.D. Gober, A.A. Gaspari -- Immune privilege and the skin / T. Ito ... [et al.] -- Immunobiology of acute cytotoxic drug reactions / B.J. Nickoloff -- Psoriasis / F.O. Nestle -- Atopic dermatitis in 2008 / L.S. Chan -- Cutaneous Lupus erythematosus : molecular and cellular basis of clinical findings / A. Kuhn, R. Sontheimer -- Bullous pemphigoid and related subepidermal autoimmune blistering diseases / E.B. Olasz, K.B. Yancey -- Pemphigus vulgaris and its active disease mouse model / M. Amagai -- Pemphigus foliaceus / D. Dasher, D. Rubenstein, L. Diaz -- Autoimmunity to type VII collagen : Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / J. Remington ... [et al.] -- Pathomechanisms of Lichen planus autoimmunity elicited by cross-reactive T cells / T. Shiohara ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune etiology of generalized vitiligo / I.C. Le Poole, R.M. Luiten -- The genetics of generalized vitiligo / R.A. Spritz -- Scleroderma / A.C. Gilliam -- Alopecia areata / L.E. King Jr., K.J. McElwee, J.P. Sundberg -- Dermatomyositis / M.S. Krathen, D. Fiorentino, V.P. Werth -- Novel mechanism for therapeutic action of IVIg in autoimmune blistering dermatoses / D. Michael, S.A. Grando -- Skin involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases / S. Rashtak, M.R. Pittelkowo -- Therapeutics and immune-mediated skin disease / K.B. Gordon, R. Satoskar.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyedited by Allison T. Vidimos, Christie T. Ammirati, Christine Poblete-Lopez.1, Surgical anatomy of the head and neck -- 2, Antisepsis -- 3, Local anesthetics -- 4. Surgical instruments -- 5. Preoperative evaluation of the dermatologic surgery patient -- 6. Cutaneous wound healing -- 7. Electrosurgery -- 8. Cryosurgery -- 9. Biopsy techniques -- 10. Basic excisional surgery -- 11. Suture techniques -- 12. Suture materials -- 13. Flaps -- 14. Skin grafts -- 15. Nail surgery -- 16. Mohs micrographic surgery -- 17. Surgical complications -- 18. Sclerotherapy of varicose and telangiectatic leg veins -- 19. Lasers: physics and medical indications -- 20. Photodynamic therapy.Also available: Print – 2009
- 2013 SpringerXimena Wortsman, editor-in-chief ; Gregor B.E. Jemec, co-editor.This book is a comprehensive introduction to ultrasonography of the skin, nails, and scalp as it relates to the assessment and diagnosis of dermatologic diseases. It provides a concise understanding of the diagnosis of dermatologic conditions through extensive high-resolution gray scale and color Doppler ultrasound images and presents classical correlations of clinical dermatologic lesions with sonographic and histologic findings.
- 2002 CRCnetBASEedited by Kenneth A. Walters.
- 2013 Kargervolume editors, Alexa B. Kimball, M. Dennis Linder.Life span and life course approaches to dermatological disease / Ryff, C.D. -- Key concepts in the life course approach in medicine : allostatic load and cumulative life course impairment / Offidani, E.; Tomba, E.; Linder, M.D. -- Mathematical modeling in life course research / Barban, N.; Linder, M.D. -- Life course impairment and quality of life over time / Sampogna, F. -- Concept of major life-changing decisions in life course research / Bhatti, Z.U.; Salek, S.; Finlay, A.Y. -- Setting up a life course questionnaire / Sampogna, F. -- Cumulative life course impairment in chronic wounds / Augustin, M. -- Cumulative life course impairment : evidence for psoriasis / Mattei, P.L.; Corey, K.C.; Kimball, A.B. -- Cumulative life impairment by epidermolysis bullosa / Fine, J.-D. -- Cumulative life course impairment in vitiligo / Krüger, C.; Schallreuter, K.U. -- Cumulative life course impairment in melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancer / Piaserico, S. -- Cumulative life course impairment : identifying patients at risk / Augustin, M. -- Cumulative life course impairment in dermatological diseases other than psoriasis : an overview / Ibler, K.S.; Jemec, G.B.E. -- Cumulative life course impairment across cultures and medical systems / Lima, X.T. -- Patients' narratives / Foulkes, A.C.; Warren, R.B.
- 2015 SpringerJulia R. Nunley, Edgar V. Lerma, editors.Genodermatoses / Erin L. Reese -- Metabolic disorders / Davida A. Kornreich -- Hepatitis viruses / Ivy I. Norris and Cindy England Owen -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Caroline Y. Winslow and Francisco A. Kerdel -- Rheumatologic conditions / Kseniya Golubets, Dan Ilkovitch, and Lisa M. Grandinetti -- Xerosis / Connie M. Wu, Annie M. Wu, Jenna Lester, and Leslie Robinson-Bostom -- Pruritus in chronic kidney disease / Ehsan Azimi, Ethan A. Lerner, and Sarina B. Elmariah -- Dyschromias in renal disease / Mwatsveruka N. Munhutu and Rebat M. Halder -- Calcinosis cutis / Mitalee P. Christman and Daniela Kroshinsky -- Calciphylaxis / Julio C. Sartori-Valinotti and Mark Davis -- Acquired perforating disorders / Mieke L.F. Flour and Dirk R.J. Kuypers -- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis / Avery LaChance, Ali K. Abu-Alfa, and Shawn E. Cowper -- Blistering disorders (Porphyria cutanea tarda and Pseudoporphyria) / Christine A. DeWitt, Kara M. Trapp, and Melissa A. Muszynski -- Nail diseases among renal patients / Avner Shemer, Nicole Sakka, and C. Ralph Daniel III -- Alopecias / Kimberly Scott Salkey -- Uremic frost / Kristie Lynn Slivka Delaney, Edgar V. Lerma, and Julia R. Nunley -- Infections in the kidney transplant recipient / James D. Russell and Calvin O. McCall -- Cutaneous malignancies / Melina B. Chu, Brandon T. Beal, and Ian A. Maher -- Miscellaneous drug related adverse effects / Punam H. Patel and Krista L. Donohoe -- Drug dosing in patients with chronic kidney disease and dermatological diseases / Ali J. Olyaei and Edgar V. Lerma.
- 2009 SpringerJean Krutmann, Herbert Hönigsmann, Craig A. Elmets (eds.).
- 2009Jeffrey P. Callen, Joseph L. Jorizzo, Jean L. Bolognia ... [et al.].1. Lupus erythematosus / Christopher B. Hansen, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 2. Dermatomyositis / Ruth Ann Vleugels, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 3. Scleroderma, Raynaud's phenomenon, and related conditions / Susannah E. McClain ... [et al.] -- 4. Vasculitis / Jeffrey P. Zwerner, Jeffrey P. Callen, David F. Fiorentino -- 5. Miscellaneous disorders with prominent features involving the skin and the joints / Brad A. Yentzer ... [et al.] -- 6. Urticaria / Andrew D. Lee, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 7. Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis / B. Asher Louden, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 8. Erythema nodosum and other panniculitides / Manisha J. Patel, Joseph L. Jorizzo, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 9. Pruritus / Gil Yosipovitch -- 10. Erythroderma / Aaron M. Loyd, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 11. Purpura / Warren W. Piette -- 12. Bullous diseases / Anneli R. Bowen, John J. Zone -- 13. Skin signs of internal malignancy / Edward W. Cowen, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 14. Metastatic disease / Warren W. Piette -- 15. Cutaneous manifestations of leukemias, myelodysplasti and myeloproliferative syndromes, and systemic lymphomas / Warren W. Piette -- 16. Dysproteinemias, plasma cell disorders, and amyloidosis / Warren W. Piette -- 17. Cutaneous manifestations of macrophage/dendritic cell proliferative disorders (histiocytoses) / Warren W. Piette -- 18. Vascular neoplasms / Julie V. Schaffer, Jean L. Bolognia -- 19. Primary cutaneous T-cell and B-cell lymphomas / Gary S. Wood, Warren W. Piette -- 20. Diabetes mellitus / Mohammad Reza Namazi, Gil Yosipovitch -- 21. Thyroid and the skin / Warren R. Heymann, Ted Rosen, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 22. Lipids / Sarah L. Taylor, Kenneth E. Greer, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 23. Adrenal, androgen-related, and pituitary disorders / Drew W. Miller, Steven R. Feldman, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 24. Porphyrias / Julia R. Nunley, Marc E. Grossman, Warfen W. Piette -- 25. Cutaneous diseases associated with gastrointestinal abnormalities / Mark D. Herron, John J. Zone -- 26. Cutaneous hepatology / J. Mark Jackson, Jeffrey P. Callen, Kenneth E. Greer -- 27. Pancreatic disease / Daniel J. Pearce, Kenneth E. Greer, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 28. Cutaneous manifestations of systemic viral, bacterial, and fungal infections and protozoan disease / Christina Haverstock ... [et al.] -- 29. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and sexually transmitted infections / Jean L. Bolognia -- 30. Sarcoidosis / Joseph C. English III, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 31. Cardiovascular diseases and the skin / Kathryn Schwarzenberger, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 32. Renal disease and the skin / Cheryl L. Lonergan, Thomas G. Cropley -- 33. Manifestations in transplant recipients / Dennis L. Cooper, Jean L. Bolgnia -- 34. Neurocutaneous disease / Clive M. Liu, John J. Zone -- 35. Pregancy / Lisa M. Cohen, George Kroumpouzos -- 36. Mast cell disease / Michael D. Tharp -- 37. Hair disorders in systemic disease / Raechele C. Gathers, Amy J. McMichael -- 38. Nail signs of systemic disease / Christopher B. Yelverton, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 39. Oral mucous membranes and systemic disease / Charles Camisa, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 40. Leg ulcerations / Mark D.P. Davis -- 41. Cutaneous drug eruptions / Susan Burgin, Stephen E. Wolverton, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 42. Systemic therapy for cutaneous disease / Stephen E. Wolverton, Jeffrey P. Callen.
- 2017 ClinicalKey[edited by] Jeffrey P. Callen, Joseph L. Jorizzo, John J. Zone, Warren W. Piette, Misha A. Rosenbach, Ruth Ann Vleugels.
- v. 1, 1971.Fahs, Ivan J.; Lynch, Francis W.Contents. - pt. 1. A study of health manpower resources, 1963-1970.
- 2006 Thieme BookWolfram Sterry, Ralf Paus, Walter Burgdorf ; with contributions by Heike Audring ... [et al.].Anogenital diseases -- Phlebology -- Occupational dermatoses -- Skin diseases in different age groups -- Psychodermatology -- Topical therapy -- Systemic therapy -- Radiation therapy -- Therapy during pregnancy and nursing -- Operative dermatology -- Wound healing -- Dermatologic emergencies. Introduction to skin biology -- Dermatologic diagnosis -- Other diagnostic methods -- Viral diseases -- Bacterial diseases -- Fungal diseases -- Other infectious diseases -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Allergic diseases -- Drug reactions -- Dermatitis -- Collagen vascular disorders -- Autoimmune bullous diseases -- Purpura and vasculitis -- Papulosquamous disorders -- Granulomatous and necrobiotic disorders -- Dermatoses caused by physical and chemical agents -- Metabolic diseases -- Pruritus and prurigo -- Genodermatoses -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Melanocytic tumors -- Cysts and epidermal tumors -- Adnexal tumors -- Soft tissue tumors -- Other cutaneous tumors -- Cutaneous lymphomas and leukemia -- Paraneoplastic disorders -- Diseases of the lips and oral mucosa -- Diseases of the hairs and scalp -- Diseases of the nails -- Disorders of sweat glands -- Diseases of sebaceous glands -- Diseases of subcutaneous fat --
- 2012 SpringerSima Jain, author and editor.Basic Science and Immunology -- Pediatric Dermatology -- General Dermatology -- Infectious Diseases -- Benign and Malignant Tumors -- Dermatologic Surgery -- Pharmacology and Drug Reactions -- Pathology -- Dermoscopy and Electron Microscopy -- Life After Boards -- High Yield Facts and Buzz Words.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyDavid J. Gawkrodger and Michael R. Ardern-Jones.Machine generated contents note: Basic principles -- Microanatomy of the skin -- Derivatives of the skin -- Physiology of the skin -- Biochemistry of the skin -- Immunology of the skin -- Molecular genetics and the skin -- Terminology of skin lesions -- Taking a history -- Examining the skin -- Practical clinic procedures -- Basics of medical therapy -- Epidemiology of skin disease -- Body image, the psyche and the skin -- Diseases -- Eruptions -- Psoriasis -- epidemiology, pathophysiology and presentation -- Psoriasis -- management and complications -- Psoriasis -- biologics -- Eczema -- basic principles/contact dermatitis -- Eczema -- atopic eczema -- Eczema -- other forms -- Lichenoid eruptions -- Papulosquamous eruptions -- Erythroderma -- Photodermatology -- Infections -- Bacterial infection -- staphylococcal and streptococcal -- Other bacterial infections -- Viral infections -- warts and other viral infections -- Viral infections -- herpes simplex and herpes zoster
- 2014 SpringerDiane Jackson-Richards, Amit G. Pandya, editors.This atlas, containing more than 300 color photos, focuses on those dermatologic conditions that are most common in ethnic skin or skin of color. It includes succinct explanations of each disease process, describes clinical findings, and presents key information on diagnosis and treatment. Individual chapters are devoted to pigmentary disorders, follicular disorders, hair and scalp disorders, eczemas, papulosquamous disorders, granulomatous disorders, connective tissue diseases, infectious diseases, scarring disorders, cutaneous neoplasms, photodermatoses and drug eruptions. The fact that this atlas covers skin disorders that affect patients of all ethnic backgrounds ensures that it will be of worldwide relevance. It will serve as a valuable reference for dermatologists and a range of other health care providers.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyedited by Jean L. Bolognia, Julie V. Schaffer, Karynne O. Duncan and Christine J. Ko.Dermatology Essentials, edited by world authorities Drs. Jean L. Bolognia, Julie V. Schaffer, Karynne O. Duncan, and Christine J. Ko, provides the quick answers you need on every important aspect of dermatology and guidance on their application in your day-to-day practice. Derived from the renowned authoritative reference work Dermatology, 3rd Edition, this on-the-go reference distills the essential information needed to quickly diagnose and manage a wide range of dermatologic disorders-without the need for any additional resources. Review or refresh your knowledge of the fundamentals and diagnostic approaches of skin disease with unique introductory chapters providing the basic principles of dermatology, bedside diagnostics, and clinical approach to a fever and rash - extremely helpful for the beginner. Visualize more of the conditions you see in practice with over 1,500 clinical images, illustrations, and schematics. Avoid diagnostic pitfalls using practical tables, intuitive artworks, and logical algorithms. Find answers fast with a highly user-friendly, "easy-in-easy-out" format and a wealth of tables and schematics for instant visual comprehension. Expedite decision making with easily recognizable DDx and Rx sections to provide rapid direct reference to the expert guidance and treatment recommendations. Downloadable worksheets are also available. Make the most of electronic functionality with access to the complete contents online and in various ebook formats - making it easy to teach impromptu on a tablet in the clinic, or conduct more formal lecturing.
- 2010 SpringerZohra Zaidi, Sean W. Lanigan.Skin: structure and function -- Immune system of the skin -- Diagnosis of skin disease -- Bacterial infections -- Superficial fungal infections -- Viral infections -- Parasitic infestations and diseases caused by arthropods -- Eczema -- Keratinizing and papulosquamous disorders -- Diseases of connective tissue -- Bullous disorders: autoimmune and childhood bullous dermatoses -- Vasculitis, common erythemas, and lymphatic disorders -- Exanthems and hypersensitivity syndromes -- Urticaria -- Pruritus -- Leg ulcers -- Disorders of pigmentation Disorders of ultraviolet radiation and injuries due to cold -- Diseases of the sebaceous, sweat, and apocrine glands -- Hair disorders -- Nail disorders -- Diseases of the subcutaneous tissue -- Tumors of the skin -- Naevi and hereditary diseases of the skin -- Skin and malnutrition -- Skin and systemic disease -- Skin and the psyche -- Erythroderma -- Ages of man and their dermatoses -- Diseases of the oral cavity -- Diseases of the external genitalia -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Drug reactions -- Management of skin diseases.
- v. 1-2, 2008.edited by Jean L. Bolognia, Joseph L. Jorizzo, Ronald P. Rapini ; associate and artwork editor, Julie V. Schaffer ; section editors, Jeffrey P. Callen ... [et al.].
- 2012 ClinicalKeyedited by Jean L. Bolognia, Joseph L. Jorizzo, Julie V. Schaffer."Dermatology, edited by world authorities Jean L. Bolognia, MD, Joseph L. Jorizzo, MD, and Julie V. Schaffer, MD, is an all-encompassing medical reference book that puts the latest practices in dermatologic diagnosis and treatment at your fingertips. It delivers more comprehensive coverage of basic science, clinical practice, pediatric dermatology, and dermatologic surgery than you'll find in any other source. Whether you're a resident or an experienced practitioner, you'll have the in-depth, expert, up-to-the-minute answers you need to overcome any challenge you face in practice."--Publisher's website.
- 2016 SpringerJules Lipoff.
- 2006 Springerby Daniel J. Trozak, Dan J. Tennenhouse, John J. Russell.Specific history -- Dermatologic physical examination -- Indicated supporting diagnostic data -- Therapy -- Molluscum contagiosum (dimple warts) -- Verruca vulgaris (common warts) -- Seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) -- Pityriasis rosea -- Psoriasis vulgaris -- Lichen planus -- Miliaria rubra (prickly heat) -- Scabies -- Erythrasma -- Tinea (superficial fungi, dermatophytosis, ringworm) -- Urticaria (urticaria simplex, common hives) -- Fixed drug eruption -- Erysipelas/cellulitis -- Erythema multiforme -- Lupus erythematosus -- Toxicodendron dermatitis (poison oak, poison ivy, poison sumac; also known as Rhus dermatitis) -- Atopic dermatitis (atopic eczema, disseminated neurodermatitis -- Besnier's prurigo) -- Asteatotic eczema (xerosis, xerotic eczema, eczema craquelé, eczema cannalé, eczema hiemalis, winter itch) -- Senile purpura (Bateman's purpura) -- Striae distensae (striae atrophicans, striae gravidarum, stretch marks) -- Seborrheic keratosis (old age spots, liver spots) -- Ephelides (freckles) -- Lentigines -- Melanocytic nevi -- Malignant melanoma -- Actinic keratosis (solar keratosis) -- Keratoacanthoma (molluscum sebaceum) -- Common skin cancers -- Impetigo (impetigo contagiosa) -- Herpes simplex recidivans (herpes labialis, cold sores, fever blisters Herpes genitalis) -- Herpes zoster (shingles) -- Acne vulgaris (acne, zits) -- Rosacea (acne rosasea).
- 2010 Springerby Herbert B. Allen.Papulosquamous Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Vesiculobullous Disorders (Including Dermatitis/Eczema) / Herbert B. Allen -- Infectious Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Hypersensitivity Disorders / Herbert B. Allen -- Genetic Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Dermatology in Systemic Disease / Herbert B. Allen -- Tumors / Herbert B. Allen -- Miscellaneous Disorders / Herbert B. Allen.
- 2009 SpringerLyubomir A. Dourmishev, Assen L. Dourmishev ; foreword by Gerd Plewig.
- 2010 SpringerW. Kempf ... [et al.].
- 2011 ClinicalKeyNooshin K. Brinster [and others].Part of the High-Yield Pathology Series, this title is designed to help you review the key pathologic features of skin disease, recognize the classic look of each disease, and quickly confirm your diagnosis. Its templated format, excellent color photographs, concise bulleted text, and authoritative content, will help you accurately identify more than 400 skin conditions. Find information quickly and easily with a templated, easy-to-reference format. Confirm your diagnoses with excellent color photographs that demonstrate the classic appearance of each disease. Find the answers you need fast with concise bulleted text. Depend on authoritative information from leading experts in the field.
- 2006 SpringerEva Brehmer-Andersson.1. Requirements for a Good Diagnostic Result, p. 1-3 -- 2. The Dermal Blood Vasculature, p. 4-8 -- 3. The Dermal Lymphatic Vasculature, p. 9-11 -- 4. The Immune Response, p. 12-20 -- 5. Cell and Vascular Response to Infection and Injury, p. 1-30 -- 6. Cell Death in the Living Body, p. 31-34 -- 7. Vasculitis, p. 35-64 -- 8. Skin Lesions due to Abnormalities in Blood Components, p. 65-74 -- 9. Arteriosclerosis in the Skin, p. 75-77 -- 10. Thromboangiitis Obliterans, p. 78-79 -- 11. Angiotropic Lymphoma, p. 80-82 -- 12. Infections Caused by Common Pyogenic Bacteria, p. 83-85 -- 13. Common Fungal Infections, p. 86-99 -- 14. Demodicidosis, p. 100-101 -- 15. Infections Caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, M. Bovis, and Atypical Mycobacteria, p. 102-109 -- 16. Leprosy, p. 110-113 -- 17. Syphilis, p. 114-121-- 18. Lyme Borreliosis, p. 122-133 -- 19. Leishmaniasis, p. 134-135 -- 20. Herpes Simplex, Herpes Zoster/Varicella, and Cytomegalovirus Infections, p. 136-146 -- 21. Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in Skin and Mucous Membranes, p. 147-154 -- 22. Dermatitis (Eczema), p. 155-162 -- 23. Psoriasis, p. 163-169 -- 24. Lichen Planus and Lichen Nitidus, p. 170-175 -- 25. Autoimmune Vesicular, Bullous, and Pustular Dermatoses, p. 176-198 -- 26. Recurrent Vesicular Eruptions, p. 199-209 -- 27. Profiles of the Epidermal/Dermal Area in some Vesicular/Bullous Dermatoses, p. 210-213 -- 28. Skin Lesions Due to Drugs, p. 214-230 -- 29. Artifacts, p. 231-244.
- 2013 SpringerEduardo Zappi, Eduardo A. Zappi.Elements of Cutaneous Embryology, Anatomy, and Biochemistry -- Classification of Cutaneous Lesions -- Hereditary Lesions -- Malformative Lesions -- Inflammatory Cutaneous Lesions -- Proliferative Cutaneous Lesions -- Miscellaneous Cutaneous Lesions.
- 2014 SpringerClay Cockerell, Martin C. Mihm Jr., Brian J. Hall, Cary Chisholm, Chad Jessup, Margaret Merola.With significant progress as new techniques to evaluate the pathology of the skin, this book satisfies the need to provide practical clinical information and concise criteria for pathologic diagnosis for pathologists and dermatologists looking for an up-to-date resource. This superb visual reference provides detailed instruction of the experience of both diagnostic pathology and clinical dermatology. Dermatopathology: Clinicopathological Correlations is a comprehensive but concise visual reference that contains specific features on the various clinical findings and histologic findings of skin diseases. It emphasizes criteria for diagnosis to help the trainee pathologist or dermatologist decipher the most important features and make clinical decisions quickly and effectively.
- 2009 SpringerBruce R. Smoller and Kim M. Hiatt.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyedited by Dirk M. Elston, Tammie Ferringer ; with Christine J. Ko [and four others].New to this edition: Recognize the presentation of most major dermatopathology lesions through abundant high-resolution histopathology examples, with labels and pointers highlighting key aspects of each slide and providing additional clarity. Including 26 lectures by Dr. Elston, clinical and dermatopathology image atlases, and a virtual slide library. Easily focus on the most important "takeaways" and "must-knows" for each topic through the use of color key points, differential diagnosis, and pearls.
- 2016 ClinicalKey[edited by] Klaus J. Busam.Inflammatory disease of the dermis and epidermis / Maxwell A. Fung -- Panniculitis / Maxwell A. Fung -- Infectious diseases of the skin / Helen M. Chen, Anca G. Prundeanu Croitoru, Stefanie Hu, Hideko Kamino, Marcia Ramos-e-Silva, Klaus J. Busam -- Cutaneous vasculitis / Rami N. Al-Rohil, J. Andrew Carlson -- Blistering skin diseases / Jacqueline M. Junkins-Hopkins, Klaus J. Busam -- Mucinoses, deposition disorders, and connective tissue alterations / Franco Rongioletti, Jacqueline Granese, Jacqueline Junkins-Hopkins, Luis Requena -- Non-neoplastic disorders of pigmentation / Ravi Ubriani, Loren E. Clarke, Michael E. Ming -- Non-neoplastic disorders of hair / Klaus Sellheyer, Wilma F. Bergfeld -- Cysts and sinuses / Douglas R. Fullen -- Tumors of the epidermis / Angela J. Wyatt, Klaus J. Busam -- Adnexal tumors / Victor G. Prieto, Christopher R. Shea, Julide Tok Celebi, Klaus J. Busam -- Melanocytic proliferations / Klaus J. Busam -- Soft tissue tumors and tumor-like reactions / Darya Buehler, Steven D. Billings -- Hematopoietic neoplasms / Jacqueline M. Junkins-Hopkins, Patricia L. Myskowski, Melissa P. Pulitzer -- Histiocytic proliferative disorders / Bijal Amin, Melissa P. Pulitzer, Klaus J. Busam -- Cutaneous neuroendocrine (Merkel cell) carcinoma / Bijal Amin, Klaus J. Busam -- Cutaneous metastases / Richard A. Scolyer, John F. Thompson, Annabelle Mahar, Rajmohan Murali -- Neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the nail apparatus / Beth S. Ruben -- Neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the conjunctiva and eyelid / Jasmine Francis, Klaus J. Busam, Brian Marr -- Evaluations of sections from Mohs surgery / Kishwer S. Nehal, Marie Tudisco, Klaus J. Busam.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyedited by Klaus J. Busam.1. Inflammatory diseases of the dermis and epidermis / Maxwell A. Fung -- 2. Panniculitis / Neil Scott McNutt, Maxwell A. Fung -- 3. Infectious diseases of the skin / Anca G. Prundeanu Croitoru ... [et al.] -- 4. Cutaneous vasculitis / J. Andrew Carlson -- 5. Blistering skin diseases / Jacqueline M. Junkins-Hopkins, Klaus J. Busam -- 6. Deposition disorders and miscellaneous alterations of dermal connective tissue / Franco Rongioletti, Jacqueline Granese, Jacqueline M. Junkins-Hopkins -- 7. Non-neoplastic disorders of pigmentation / Ravi Ubriani, Loren E. Clarke, Michael E. Ming -- 8. Non-neoplastic disorders of hair / Klaus Sellheyer, Wilma F. Bergfeld -- 9. Cysts and sinuses / Douglas R. Fullen -- 10. Tumors of the epidermis / Angela J. Wyatt, Klaus J. Busam -- 11. Adnexal tumors / Victor G. Prieto ... [et al.] -- 12. Melanocytic proliferations / Klaus J. Busam -- 13. Soft tissue tumors and tumor-like reactions / Steven D. Billings, John R. Goldblum -- 14. Hematopoietic neoplasms / Jacqueline M. Junkins-Hopkins, Patricia L. Myskowski, Klaus J. Busam -- 15. Histiocytic proliferative disorders / Bijal Amin, Melissa Pulitzer -- 16. Cutaneous nueroendocrine (Merkel cell) carcinoma / Bijal Amin, Klaus J. Busam -- 17. Cutaneous metastases / Richard A. Scolyer, Rajmohan Murali, John F. Thompson.Also available: Print – 2010
- 2012 ClinicalKeyPeter Soyer [and others].Drs. Peter Soyer, Giuseppe Argenziano, Rainer Hofmann-Wellenhof, and Iris Zalaudek explain all aspects of performing dermoscopy and interpreting results. With approximately 50% new clinical and dermoscopic images, valuable pearls and checklists, and you'll have everything you need to diagnose earlier and more accurately. Diagnose more accurately using the expanded section on testing tools for extra guidance on difficult cases. Gain a better visual understanding with approximately 50% new clinical and dermoscopic images that depict the appearance of benign and malignant lesions and feature arrows and labels to highlight important manifestations. Get better diagnostic results for less by learning how to successfully perform dermoscopy with this portable, to-the-point resource.
- 2007 Springeredited by Robert A. Norman ; foreword by Albert Kligman.
- 2007 SpringerJ.-P. Lepoittevin, C.J. Le Coz ; with a contribution by Peter J. Frosch.Dictionary of Contact Allergens: Chemical Structures, Sources and References / Christophe J. Le Coz and Jean-Pierre Lepoittevin, p. 1-254 -- Patch Testing with the Patients' Own Products / Peter J. Frosch, Johannes Geier, Wolfgang Uter and An Goossens, p. 255-280.
- 2012 SpringerScott M. Jackson, Lee T. Nesbitt.1. The Chief Complaint -- 2. The Past Medical History, Social History, and Review of Systems -- 3. The Physical Exam -- 4. The Biopsy -- 5. The Laboratory Results -- 6. The Diagnosis -- 7. Glossary.
- 2008 Springerby Scott Jackson, Lee T. Nesbitt.
- 2013 SpringerErnesto Bonifazi.Differential diagnosis in pediatric dermatology requires not only a direct experience in the field, but also an inclination to symptoms observations and analysis.This book, the first exclusively devoted to this topic, covers the full range of relevant conditions: inherited skin disorders; nevi; viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections; acne; allergic diseases; autoimmune skin disorders; connective tissue diseases; tumors; and miscellaneous conditions. Each chapter addresses the differential diagnosis between two (or occasionally three or four) dermatological conditions. All chapters are just two pages long, containing between two and six images and a very short text emphasizing the clinical differences between the diseases in question. At the end of each chapter, a summary highlights one or two characteristics essential for the differential diagnosis. The volume will represent an ideal tool for pediatric dermatologists, pediatricians, and GPs, and will help them in the diagnosic process.
- 2015 SpringerRalph M. Trüeb.You could read every textbook available on hair growth and disorders, and still not be able to treat hair loss effectively. In every art, there are many techniques, but few principles. The only way to achieve success is to have a firm foundation of principles to build upon, and the right attitude about how to achieve your goals. This book offers a detailed guide that goes beyond the technical aspects of trichology and evidence based medicine, providing specialists and primary care physicians experienced in the basic management of hair loss with the additional know-how they need to master the ultimate challenge of difficult hair loss patients. First, the prerequisites for successful management of hair loss are reviewed ? basically, making a diagnosis and understanding the patient and his or her problem. Then, guidelines on the management of difficult dermatologic conditions and of psychopathological disorders associated with hair loss are provided. Lastly, important aspects of follow-up are covered?specifically the problems of adverse effects, patient non-compliance, and their management?before concluding with exemplary case studies of successful treatment of alopecia and related conditions.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyedited by Daniel J Wallace, Bevra Hannahs Hahn ; associate editors, David Isenburg [and others].Definition and Classification of Lupus and Lupus-Related Disorders -- The Epidemiology of Lupus -- The Pathogenesis of SLE -- Genetics of Human SLE -- Epigenetics of Lupus -- The Innate Immune System in SLE -- Cytokines and Interferons in Lupus -- The Structure and Derivation of Antibodies and Autoantibodies -- T Cells -- Regulatory Cells in SLE -- Apoptosis, Necrosis, and Autophagy -- Abnormalities in Immune Complex Clearance and Fcγ Receptor Function -- Neural-Immune Interactions: Principles and Relevance to SLE -- Complement and SLE -- Mechanisms of Acute Inflammation and Vascular Injury in SLE -- Mechanisms of Tissue Damage-Free Radicals and Fibrosis -- Animal Models of SLE -- Pathogenetic Mechanisms in Lupus Nephritis -- Immune Tolerance Defects in Lupus -- Autoantibodies -- Autoantigenesis and Antigen-Based Therapy and Vaccination in SLE -- Overview and Clinical Presentation -- Pathomechanisms of Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus -- Skin Disease in Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus -- The Musculoskeletal System and Bone Metabolism -- Pathogenesis and Treatment of Atherosclerosis in Lupus -- Cardiopulmonary Disease in SLE -- Pathogenesis of the Nervous System -- Clinical Aspects of the Nervous System -- Psychopathology, Neurodiagnostic Testing, and Imaging -- Ocular, Aural, and Oral Manifestations -- Management of Sjögren Syndrome in Patients with SLE -- Gastrointestinal and Hepatic Manifestations -- Hematologic and Lymphoid Abnormalities in SLE -- Clinical and Epidemiologic Features of Lupus Nephritis -- Pregnancy in Women with SLE -- Neonatal Lupus Erythematosus -- Reproductive and Hormonal Issues in Women with Autoimmune Diseases -- Drug-Induced Lupus: Etiology, Pathogenesis, and Clinical Aspects -- SLE in Childhood and Adolescence -- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease and Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease -- Clinical Aspects of the Antiphospholipid Syndrome -- Clinical Application of Serologic Tests, Serum Protein Abnormalities, and Other Clinical Laboratory Tests in SLE -- Differential Diagnosis and Disease Associations -- SLE and Infections -- Clinical Measures, Metrics, and Indices -- Principles of Therapy, Local Measures, and Nonsteroidal Medications -- Systemic Glucocorticoid Therapy in SLE -- Antimalarial Medications -- Immunosuppressive Drug Therapy -- Specialized Treatment Approaches and Niche Therapies for Lupus Subsets -- Adjunctive and Preventive Measures -- Novel Therapies for SLE: Biological Agents Available in Practice Today -- Critical Issues in Drug Development for SLE -- Socioeconomic and Disability Aspects -- Investigational Agents and Future Therapy for SLE -- Mortality in SLE.
- Dupuytren's disease and related hyperproliferative disorders : principles, research, and clinical perspectives2012 SpringerCharles Eaton, Michael Heinrich Seegenschmiedt, Ardeshir Bayat, Giulio Gabbiani, Paul M.N. Werker, Wolfgang Wach, editors.Part I. Anatomy, Pathology, and Pathophysiology / Charles Eaton -- Part II. The Myofibroblast / Giulio Gabbiani -- Part III. Genetics and Demographics / Ardeshir Bayat -- Part IV. Collagen and Cell Biology / Charles Eaton -- Part V. Surgical Treatment / Paul M.N. Werker -- Part VI. Needle Release and Hand Therapy / Paul M.N. Werker -- Part VII. Additional and New Treatment Options / M. Heinrich Seegenschmiedt -- Part VIII. Future Perspectives / Charles Eaton.
- 2013 SpringerRenata Strumia, editor.At least 40 skin signs are associated with eating disorders (EDs), and some of them are considered guiding signs because they are indicative of an otherwise hidden ED. These skin signs may arise due to starvation, self-induced vomiting, drug consumption, and concomitant psychiatric illness. The role of the dermatologist in this context is to suspect the presence of a hidden ED based on the guiding signs. With this in mind, the most important specialists in the field come together in this book to document all of the dermatological aspects of EDs. General topics such as classification of EDs, epidemiology, and medical complications are first addressed, and skin signs attributable to various causes are then discussed in a series of detailed chapters. Characteristic changes in the hair, nails, and oral cavity are also carefully documented. The closing chapters address various other related issues of interest, including pain sensitivity in patients with EDs and the effects of anorexia nervosa on skin thickness and skin collagen. Eating Disorders and the Skin will be an invaluable source of up-to-date information for both novice and experienced dermatologists, as well as other practitioners with an interest in EDs, psychiatrists, and nurses.
- 2012 Future Mededitors, Francesco M. Marincola, Paolo Ascierto, John M. Kirkwood.Emerging therapeutics for melanoma / Francesco M. Marincola, Paolo Ascierto & John M. Kirkwood -- Melanoma pathophysiology and drug targets / Giuseppe Palmieri, Carla Rozzo, Giusy Gentilcore & Paolo Antonio Ascierto -- Melanoma classification, diagnosis and staging / Mohammed Kashani-Sabet -- Melanoma prevention / Pamela B. Cassidy, Douglas Grossman & Sancy A. Leachman -- Surgical treatment of melanoma : from excision to sentinel node biopsy / Nicola Mozzillo & Corrado Caracò -- Adjuvant therapy in melanoma / Diwakar Davar, Ahmad A. Tarhini & John M. Kirkwood -- Immunostimulatory monoclonal antibodies for melanoma treatment / Miguel Fernandez de Sanmamed, Jose L. Perez-Gracia, Salvador Martín-Algarra & Ignacio Melero -- New signal transduction inhibitors / Keith T. Flaherty -- Melanoma vaccines in development / Ruggero Ridolfi, Laura Ridolfi, Stefania V.L. Nicoletti & Massimo Guidoboni -- Melanoma and biomarkers of immunoresponsiveness : predicting the clinical outcome of immunotherapy / Davide Bedognetti, Ena Wang, Mario Roberto Sertoli & Francesco M. Marincola -- Uveal melanoma / Paola Queirolo, Graziano Caltabiano & Francesco Spagnolo -- Management of melanoma brain metastases in the era of targeted therapies / Daniela Gonsalves Shapiro, Michael T. Shapiro & Wolfram E. Samlowski -- Which therapy for which patient? / Antoni Ribas -- Index.
- 2007 Kargervolume editor, E. Tur.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2011 SpringerBruce R. Smoller and Kim M. Hiatt.Benign melanocytic proliferations -- Essential criteria for diagnosing melanoma -- Histologic mimics of malignant melanoma -- Epidermal neoplasms -- Pilosebaceous neoplasms -- Tumors with eccrine differentiation -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- 2010 Springer Protocolsedited by Kursad Turksen.Isolation of adult mouse stem keratinocytes using magnetic cell sorting (MACS) / Corina Lorz [and others] -- Functional investigations of keratinocyte stem cells and progenitors at a single-cell level using multiparallel clonal microcultures / Nicolas O. Furtunel [and others] -- Growth and stratification of epithelial cells in minimal culture conditions / Federica Riva [and others] -- Matched cultures of keratinocytes and fibroblasts derived from normal and NER-deficient mouse models / Alex Pines and Claude Backendorf -- Establishment of spontaneously immortalized keratinocyte lines from wild-type and mutant mice / Julia Reichelt and Ingo Haase -- Study of epidermal differentiation in human kertinocytes cultured in autocrine conditions / Frédéric Minner, Franc̦oise Herphelin, and Yves Poumay -- Directed differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to epidermal progenitors / Christian M. Metallo [and others] -- Expression and analysis of exogenous proteins in epidermal cells / Lina Dagnino, Ernest Ho, and Wing Y. Change -- Using siRNA knockdown in HaCaT cells to study transcriptional control of epidermal proliferation potential / Julie Wells and Xing Dai -- RNA interference in keratinocytes and an organotypic model of human epidermis / Cory L. Simpson, Shin-ichiro Kojima, and Spiro Getsios -- Scanning for transcription factor binding by a variant EMSA / Igor Gurevich, Carmen Zhang, and Brian J. Aneskievich -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation for identifying transcription factor targets in kertinocytes / Kori Ortt and Satrajit Sinha -- Gene expression profiling of mouse epidermal keratinocytes / Ramón García-Escudero and Jesús M. Paramio -- Analysis of tissue-specific gene expression using laser capture microdissection / Martin Ruetze [and others] --Comprehensive transcriptional profiling of human epidermis, reconstituted epidermal equivalents, and cultured keratinocytes using DNA microarray chips / Din-Dar Lee [and others] -- Molecular profiling of the epidermis : a proteomics approach / Jianjun Shen and Susan M. Fischer -- Detection of gene expression in embryonic tissues and stratified epidermis by in situ hybridization / Maria I. Morasso -- Embryonic mammary anlagen analysis using immunolabelling of whole mounts / Heena Panchal, Olivia Wansbury, and Beatrice A. Howard -- Whole-mount assays for gene induction and barrier formation in the developing epidermis / Carolyn Byrne [and others] -- Tetracycline-regulated gene expession in transgenic mouse epidermis / Rose-Anne Romano and Satrajit Sinha -- A versatile murine 3D organotypic model to evaluate aspects of wound healing and epidermal organization / Eve Kandyba, Malcolm Hodgins, and Patricia Martin -- Optical and biochemical dissection of connexin and disease-linked connexin mutants in 3D organotypic epidermis / Stéphanie Langlois, Jared M. Churko, and Dale W. Laird -- Cytokine release in tissue-engineered epidermal equivalents after prolonged mechanical loading / Lisette H. Cornelissen [and others] -- Three-dimensional human tissue models of wounded skin / Christophe Egles, Jonathan A. Garlick, and Yulia Shamis -- In vivo transplantation of genetically modified mouse embryonic epidermis / Ana Belén Martínez-Cruz [and others] -- A transplant model for human epidermal skin regeneration / Sophie Paquet-Fifield [and others] -- Identification of epithelial stem cells in vivo and in vitro using keratin 19 and brdU / Danielle Larouche [and others] -- Isolation and culture of hair follicle pluripotent stem (hfPS) cells and their use for nerve and spinal cord regeneration / Yasuyuki Amoh and Robert M. Hoffman -- Limiting dilution analysis of murine epidermal stem cells using an in vivo regeneration assay / Lauren R. Strachan and Ruby Ghadially.
- 2014 Springer Protocolsedited by Kursad Turksen, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada.Differentiation of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells into a Keratinocyte Lineage / Igor Kogut, Dennis R. Roop, and Ganna Bilousova -- Differentiation of Epidermal Keratinocytes from Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Fahad K. Kidwai, Tong Cao, and Kai Lu -- Protocol for Serial Cultivation of Epithelial Cells Without Enzymes or Chemical Compounds / Dongxia Ye and Antonio Peramo -- Growth and Differentiation of HaCaT Keratinocytes / Van G. Wilson -- Transgene Delivery to Cultured Keratinocytes Via Replication-Deficient Adenovirus Vectors / Vincent P. Ramirez and Brian J. Aneskievich -- Analyzing the Global Chromatin Structure of Keratinocytes by MNase-Seq / Jason M. Rizzo and Satrajit Sinha -- Analysis and Meta-Analysis of Transcriptional Profiling in Human Epidermis / Claudia Mimoso, Ding-Dar Lee, Jiri Zavadil, Marjana Tomic-Canic, and Miroslav Blumenberg -- Compound Screening and Transcriptional Profiling in Human Primary Keratinocytes: A Brief Guideline / Raphaela Rid, Harald Hundsberger, and Kamil Önder -- Preparation of Primary Cultures of Mouse Epidermal Keratinocytes and the Measurement of Phospholipase D Activity / Lakiea J. Bailey, Vivek Choudhary, Purnima Merai, and Wendy B. Bollag -- Lipid Rafts and Detergent-Resistant Membranes in Epithelial Keratinocytes / Kathleen P. McGuinn and Mỹ G. Mahoney -- MMP-2, 9 and TIMP-1, 2 Assays in Keratinocyte Cultures / Takashi Kobayashi -- Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) Protection Via Cysteine Oxidation in the Epidermal Cornified Cell Envelope / Wilbert P. Vermeij and Claude Backendorf -- Modified Methods for Growing 3-D Skin Equivalents: An Update / Rebecca Lamb and Carrie A. Ambler -- A Novel Three-Dimensional Cell Culture Method to Analyze Epidermal Cell Differentiation In Vitro / Yoji Okugawa and Yohei Hirai -- Reconstruction of Normal and Pathological Human Epidermis on Polycarbonate Filter / Evelyne De Vuyst, Céline Charlier, Séverine Giltaire, Valérie De Glas, Catherine Lambert de Rouvroit, and Yves Poumay -- Methods for the Preparation of an Autologous Serum-Free Cultured Epidermis and for Autografting Applications / John J. Wille, Jeremy J. Burdge, and Jong Y. Park -- Human Keratinocyte Cultures in the Investigation of Early Steps of Human Papillomavirus Infection / Laura M. Griffin, Louis Cicchini, Tao Xu, and Dohun Pyeon -- Preparation and Delivery of 4-Hydroxy-Tamoxifen for Clonal and Polyclonal Labeling of Cells of the Surface Ectoderm, Skin, and Hair Follicle / Christine Chevalier, Jean-François Nicolas, and Anne-Cécile Petit -- Microdissection and Visualization of Individual Hair Follicles for Lineage Tracing Studies / Inês Sequeira, Emilie Legué, Suzanne Capgras, and Jean-François Nicolas -- Isolation and Characterization of a Stem Cell Side-Population from Mouse Hair Follicles / Paula L. Miliani de Marval, Sun Hye Kim, and Marcelo L. Rodriguez Puebla -- Multi-Scale Mathematical Modeling and Simulation of Cellular Dynamical Process / Shinji Nakaoka -- Erratum.
- 2011 SpringerCarol A. Kauffman, Peter G. Pappas, Jack D. Sobel, William E. Dismukes, editors."Clinical Mycology" offers a comprehensive review of this discipline. Organized by types of fungi, this volume covers microbiologic, epidemiologic and demographic aspects of fungal infections as well as diagnostic, clinical, therapeutic, and preventive approaches. Special patient populations are also detailed.
- 2013 Wileyedited by Ophelia E. Dadzie, Antoine Petit, Andrew F. Alexis.Defining ethnic dermatology : challenges, limitations and merits / Ophelia E. Dadzie -- Skin semiology and grading scales in patients with richly pigmented skin / Antoine Petit and Ameet Tailor -- Common skin conditions and ethnicity / Antoine Petit and Moussa Diallo -- Pediatric dermatology and the ethnic patient / Patricia A. Treadwell -- Cutaneous manifestations of systemic diseases / Mahreen Ameen and Fatimata Ly -- Drug eruptions and ethnicity / Jean-Claude Roujeau -- Photodermatoses and phototherapy in the ethnic patient / Richard H. Huggins and Henry W. Lim -- HIV-related skin diseases / Mahreen Ameen and Antoine Mahé -- Benign skin tumours and cysts in the ethnic patient / Nita Agar and Dupe L. Odunsi -- Malignant skin tumours and the ethnic patient / Nita Agar, Bridget Ogawa, and Jean-Jacques Morand -- Treatment of keloids and scars / Martha H. Viera, Alejandra C. Vivas, and Brian Berman -- Vitiligo : clinical presentation and management / Fatima Al Faresi [and others] -- Other causes of hypopigmentation : what not to miss / Ousmane Faye -- Facial hyperpigmentation : a practical approach to diagnosis and management / Camille Fitoussi -- Hair and scalp disorders in women of African descent / Ophelia E. Dadzie and Nonhlanhla P. Khumalo -- Dermatologic disorders in men of African descent / Frederick N. Quarles, Marcelyn Coley, and Andrew F. Alexis -- Hair transplantation in people of African descent / Jack Smadja -- Lasers and the ethnic patient / Heather Woolery-Lloyd and Kristian Figueras -- Cosmetic dermatology in ethnic skin / Leila Ferguson [and others] -- Cosmetic use of skin lightening products / Antoine Mahé.
- 2015 SpringerHerbert B. Allen.Atopic dermatitis has been called "the itch that rashes", and this book reveals what causes the "itch". It presents completely new and unique findings in eczema: sweat ducts that become occluded with staphylococcal biofilms trigger the innate immune system with TLR2 receptor activity and this leads to production of the "itching" and inflammation in this disease. The Etiology of Atopic Dermatitis details new concepts that bacterial biofilms occlude sweat ducts, trigger the innate immune system, and produce the lesions in atopic dermatitis. The author discusses the findings in terms of microbiology, pathology, immunology, genetics, physiology, treatment, diseases where eczema is considered a secondary component, and diseases not previously thought to be eczema, and followed by an epilogue where eczema and psoriasis are compared. Both these diseases are caused by bacteria, but neither one can be considered an infection. As such, this book is for all who take care of patients with atopic dermatitis, including dermatologists, pediatricians, family practice doctors, allergists and pathologists. It will also be interesting for those involved in research in microbiology, physiology, immunology, and genetics.
- 2015 SpringerA.D. Katsambas, Torello M. Lotti, Clio Dessinioti, Angelo Massimiliano D'Erme editors.
- 2014 Wileyedited by Hywel C. Williams ; associate editors, Michael Bigby, Andrew Herxheimer, Luigi Naldi, Berthold Rzany, Robert P. Dellavalle, Yuping Ran, Masutaka Furue.
- 2012 SpringerMurad Alam, editor.Covers the spectrum of procedural dermatology, including skin cancer surgery, laser techniques, fillers and neurotoxins, minimally invasive cosmetic surgery, and emerging procedures.
- 2007 SpringerDavid J. Goldberg, ed.
- 2009 ClinicalKey[edited by] Steven R. Cohen, Trevor M. Born.The science of temporary and semi-permanent fillers: an overview of fillers -- Facial soft tissue augmentation with hyaluronic acid fillers: Juvederm and Restylane: practical considerations for their use -- Third generation polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) aesthetic soft tissue fillers for the correction of nasolabial folds and other applications -- The role of Radiesse in facial shaping -- Poly-L-lactic acid (Sculptra) -- Injectable silicone: current role -- Volumetric use of injectable fillers in the face -- Periorbital rejuvenation with injectable fillers -- The potential role of adipose derived stem cells as semi-permanent/permanent fillers in aesthetic surgery -- Shaping the future: new outcomes in Europe -- Avoidance and treatment of complications after dermal filler injections -- Possible causes and treatment options of dermal filler granulomas.
- 2013 SpringerRalph M. Trüeb.Few dermatologic problems carry as many emotional overtones as hair loss in women, which is by far the most common hair problem encountered in daily clinical practice. Fortunately, a specific diagnosis can usually be established through a detailed patient history, examination of the scalp and pattern of hair loss, a simple pull test, dermoscopy of the scalp and hair (trichoscopy), a few pertinent screening blood tests, and, in selected cases, a scalp biopsy. Once the diagnosis has been established, treatment appropriate to the diagnosis is likely to control the problem. The aim of this comprehensively illustrated monograph is to provide both specialists and primary care physicians with the practical know-how required for successful management of hair loss in female patients of all ages. The book opens by critically examining myths about hair loss. The different examination techniques are then described, and the various forms of hair loss and their treatment are discussed in detail. Approaches to follow-up are outlined, and the management of patient expectations is carefully considered. The potential role of hair care and cosmetics is also explored in some depth.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyeditor, Fred F. Ferri ; associate editors, James S. Studdiford, Amber Tully.Evaluation of skin disorders -- Differential diagnosis -- Diseases and disorders.
- 2006 Ovid[edited by] David H. Frankel.Proper use of topical corticosteroids -- Atopic dermatitis -- Contact dermatitis -- Scabies -- Pediculosis -- Dyshidrotic eczema -- Stasis dermatitis -- Pruritis and excoriations with no primary skin lesions -- Acne vulgaris -- Perioral dermatitis -- Rosacea -- Seborrheic dermatitis -- Lupus erythematosus -- Dermatomyositis -- Urticaria -- Erythema multiforme -- Drug eruption -- Erythema migrans/Lyme disease -- Candidosis -- Psoriasis -- Pityriasis rosea -- Lichen planus -- Tinea -- Tinea versicolor -- Secondary syphilis -- Bullous pemphigoid -- Impetigo -- Herpes simplex -- Herpes zoster -- Pemphigus vulgaris -- Toxic epidermal necrolysis/Stevens-Johnson syndrome -- Seborrheic keratosis -- Squamous cell carcinoma -- Actinic keratosis -- Keratoacanthoma -- Basal cell carcinoma -- Melanocytic nevus -- Halo nevus -- Malignant melanoma -- Dyplastic nevus -- Dermatofibroma -- Skin tags -- Epidermoid cyst and pilar cyst -- Molluscum contagiosum -- Cherry angioma -- Granuloma annulare -- Folliculitis -- Pyogenic granuloma -- Milium -- Syringoma -- Furuncle and carbuncle -- Erythema nodosum -- Hidradenitis suppurativa -- Chondrodermatitis nodularis chronica helicis -- Keloid and hypertrophic scar -- Lipoma -- Xanthelasma -- Xanthoma -- Warts -- Kaposi's sarcoma -- Ecchymosis/actinic purpura -- Cutaneous vasculitis -- Postinflammatory hypopigmentation -- Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus -- Vitiligo -- Morphea (localized scleroderma) -- Scleroderma (progressive systemic sclerosis) -- Lentigo -- Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation -- Leg ulcers -- Onychomycosis -- Pseudomonas nails -- Acute paronychia and chronic paronychia -- Alopecia areata -- Androgenetic alopecia -- Telogen effluvium -- Punch biopsy -- Shave biopsy and shave excision -- Cryosurgery -- Electrodesiccation and curettage.
- 2014 Springeredited by Jacob P. Thyssen, Howard Maibach.Filaggrin proteins are expressed in several human tissues, including the skin, oral mucosa, conjunctivae, esophagus, cervix, and testes. While filaggrin guarantees both structural and functional normality of the human epidermis, its role in other tissues is largely unknown. Epidermal deficiency of filaggrin causes dry and scaly skin, but also strongly increases the risk of skin diseases, in particular ichthyosis vulgaris and atopic dermatitis. Importantly, the risk of related asthma, hay fever, and food allergy is also increased although filaggrin is not expressed in the airways and gastrointestinal tract. Common FLG mutations, leading to reduced filaggrin expression, have mainly been identified in Europeans and Asians, reaching a prevalence of 5-10%. Even in the absence of atopic dermatitis, the skin of individuals with FLG mutations differs fundamentally from normal skin, for example by generating more vitamin D and allowing chemicals and allergens to more widely penetrate across the stratum corneum. This textbook provides comprehensive and detailed coverage of the effects of filaggrin and filaggrin gene (FLG) mutations in health and disease (cutaneous and non-cutaneous) and also discusses the basic science, epidemiology, management, and future research areas. It will be of value to scientists and clinicians from different specialties.
- 2013 AccessMedicine2013 AccessEmergency MedicineKlaus Wolff, Richard Allen Johnson, Arturo P. Saavedra."The best visual reference in dermatology covering the full range of dermatologic conditions, Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, 7e is a unique combination text, clinical reference, and color atlas. For each condition, there are one to two color photographs coupled with salient points of epidemiology, history, physical exam, differential diagnosis, laboratory and special examinations, disease course and up-to-date treatments. More than 1,500 full-color images, a unique combination text, clinical reference, and atlas contrast to most other dermatology references, this is a true quick-reference clinical guide"--Provided by publisher.
- 2009 (6th ed.) AccessMedicineKlaus Wolff, Richard Allen Johnson.Sect. 1: Disorders of sebaceous and apocrine glands -- Sect. 2: Eczema/dermatitis -- Sect. 3: Psoriasis -- Sect. 4: Ichthyoses -- Sect. 5: Miscellaneous epidermal disorders -- Sect. 6: Bullous diseases -- Sect. 7: Miscellaneous inflammatory disorders -- Sect. 8: Severe and life-threatening eruptions in the acutely ill patient -- Sect. 9: Benign neoplasms and hyperplasias -- Sect. 10: Photosensitivity, photo-induced disorders, and disorders by ionizing radiation -- Sect. 11: Precancerous lesions and cutaneous carcinomas -- Sect. 12: Melanoma precursors and primary cutaneous melanoma -- Sect. 13: Pigmentary disorders -- Sect. 14: The skin signs in immune, autoimmune, and rheumatic disorders -- Sect. 15: Endocrine, metabolic, nutritional, and genetic diseases -- Sect. 16: Skin signs or vascular insufficiency -- Sect. 17: Skin signs of renal insufficiency -- Sect. 18: Skin signs of systemic cancers -- Sect. 19: Skin signs of hematologic disease -- Sect. 20: Cutaneous lymphomas and sarcoma -- Sect. 21: Skin diseases in organ and bone marrow transplantation -- Sect. 22: Adverse cutaneous drug reactions -- Sect. 23: Disorders of psychiatric etiology -- Sect. 24: Bacterial infections involving the skin -- Sect. 25: Fungal infections of the skin and hair -- Sect. 26: Rickettsial infections -- Sect. 27: Viral infections of skin and mucosa -- Sect. 28: Arthropod insect bites, stings, and cutaneous infections -- Sect. 29: Systemic parasitic infections -- Sect. 30: Sexually transmitted infections -- Sect. 31: Human retroviral infections and mucocutaneous manifestations of HIV/AIDS disease -- Sect. 32: Disorders of hair follicles and related disorders -- Sect. 33: Disorders of the nail apparatus -- Sect. 34: Disorders of the mouth -- Sect. 35: Disorders of the genitalia, perineum, and anus -- Sect. 36: Generalized pruritus without skin lesions.Also available: Print – 2009
- v. 1-2., 2008editors, Klaus Wolff ... [et al.].
- 2012 AccessMedicineeditors, Lowell A. Goldsmith, Stephen I. Katz, Barbara A. Gilchrest, Amy S. Paller, David J. Leffell, Klaus Wolff.Part 1: Introduction. General considerations -- Approach to dermatologic diagnosis -- Overview of biology, development, and structure of skin. -- Part 2. Disorders presenting in skin and mucous membranes. Inflammatory disorders based on T-cell reactivity and dysregulation -- Inflammatory diseases based on neutrophyils and eosinophils -- Inflammatory diseases based on abnormal humeral reactivity and other inflammatory diseases -- Disorders of epidermal differentiation and keratinization -- Disorders of epidermal and dermal-epidermal cohesion and vesicular and bulbous disorders -- Disorders of the dermal connective tissue -- Disorders of subcutaneous tissue --- Disorders of melanocytes -- Disorders of the oral genital integument. -- Part 3. Disorders of the skin appendages. Disorders of the sebaceous glands -- Disorders of the eccrine and apocrine glands -- Disorders of the hair and nails. -- Part 4. Disorders due to the environment. Disorders due to ultraviolet radiation -- Skin changes due to other physical and chemical factors. -- Part 5. Neurocutaneous and psychocutaneous aspects of skin disease. Neurocutaneous and pshychocutaneous skin disease. -- Part 6. Skin changes across the span of life. From birth to old age. -- Part 7. Neoplasia. Carcinogenesis -- Epidermal and appendageal tumors -- Melanocytic tumors -- Tumors and hyperplasias of the dermis and subcutaneous fat. -- Part 8. The skin in systemic disease. Skin in nutritional, metabolic, and heritable disease -- Skin manifestations of bone marrow or blood chemistry disorders -- Skin manifestations of internal organ disorders -- The skin in vascular and connective tissue and other autoimmune disorders -- The skin in inflammatory and other vascular disorders. -- Part 9. Disease due to microbial agents, infestations, bites, and stings. Bacterial disease -- Fungal diseases -- Viral and rickettsial diseases ; Sexually transmitted diseases -- Infestations, bites and stings. -- Part 10. Occupational skin diseases and skin diseases due to biologic warfare. Occupational skin diseases -- The skin in bioterrorism and biologic warfare. -- Part 11. Therapeutics. Topical therapy -- Systemic therapy ; Physical treatments -- Complementary and alternative dermatology -- Surgery in dermatology -- Cosmetic dermatology.
- 2007 ClinicalKey[edited by] Thomas E. Rohrer [and others] ; DVD editor, Michael R. Migden.Authored by experts in the field, this brand-new reference presents a systematic approach to which flap or graft to use in which clinical situation and how to cut and move the skin. More than 350 full-color photographs and line drawings offer you step-by-step guidance. And, a DVD containing high-quality video clips demonstrates reconstructive procedures, including cutting, positioning, and suturing of flaps and grafts. Includes numerous reconstructive options for each specific region of the face, and explains why one may be better than another in a given situation. Features several chapters on the use of flaps and grafts in facial reconstruction and describes the finer points of their design, execution, and application. Discusses complications and pitfalls and how to avoid them. Devotes an entire chapter to facial anatomy with an emphasis on practical landmarks and danger areas. Uses a consistent format throughout for ease of reference.
- 2006 Springeredited by Vincent J. Hearing, Stanley P.L. Leong.The origin and development of neural crest-derived melanocytes / Debra L. Silver and William J. Pavan -- MITF : a matter of life and death for the developing melanocytes / Heinz Arnheiter ... [et al.] -- MITF : critical regulator of the melanocyte lineage / Erez Feige, Laura L. Poling, and David E. Fisher -- Melanocytes and the transcription factor Sox10 / Michael Wegner -- Human cutaneous pigmentation : a collaborative act in the skin, directed by paracrine, autocrine, and endocrine factors and the environment / Zalfa A. Abdel-Malek and Ana Luisa Kadekaro -- Melanocyte distribution and function in human skin : effects of ultraviolet radiation / Yuji Yamaguchi and Vincent J. Hearing -- Altered signal transduction in melanoma / Pablo López Bergami, Anindita Bhoumik, and Ze'ev Ronai -- BRN2 in melanocytic cell development, differentiation, and transformation / Anthony L. Cook ... [et al.] -- The dynamic roles of cell-surface receptors in melanoma development / Dong Fang and Meenhard Herlyn -- Familial melanoma genes, melanocyte immortalization, and melanoma initiation / Dorothy C. Bennett -- Genetic progression from melanocyte to malignant melanoma / Boris C. Bastian -- The multiple roles of the oncogenic protein SKI in human malignant melanoma / Dahu Chen ... [et al.] -- RB/E2F regulation and dual activity in the melanocytic system / Ruth Halaban -- Melanoma development and pigment cell transformation / Claudia Wellbrock -- The biology and genetics of melanoma / Norman E. Sharpless and Lynda Chin -- The biology of xeroderma pigmentosum : insights into the role of ultraviolet light in the development of melanoma / James E. Cleaver -- Divergent pathways to cutaneous melanoma / David C. Whiteman and Adéle C. Green -- Pigmentation, DNA repair, and candidate genes : the risk of cutaneous malignant melanoma in a mediterranean population / Maria Teresa Landi -- Low-penetrance genotypes, pigmentation phenotypes, and melanoma etiology / Peter A. Kanetsky and Timothy R. Rebbeck -- The biology of melanoma progression : from melanocyte to metastatic seeds / A. Neil Crowson, Cynthia Magro, and Martin C. Mihm, Jr. -- Optical imaging analysis of atypical nevi and melanoma / Amanda Pfaff Smith and Dorothea Becker -- Proteomics analysis of melanoma cell lines and cultured melanocytes / Katheryn A. Resing and Natalie G. Ahn -- Paradigm of metastasis for malignant melanoma / Stanley P.L. Leong -- Repair of UV-induced DNA damage and melanoma risk / Qingyi Wei -- High risk factors for melanoma metastasis / Neil A. Accortt and Seng-jaw Soong -- Role of melanoma inhibitory activity in early development of malignant melanoma / Anja-Katrin Bosserhoff -- Role and regulation of PAR-1 in melanoma progression / Carmen Tellez and Menashe Bar-Eli -- Molecular mechanisms of melanoma metastasis / Mohammed Kashani-Sabet -- Overview of tumor progression in melanoma / David E. Elder -- The plasticity of melanoma cells and associated clinical implications / Mary J. C. Hendrix ... [et al.] -- The clinical use of molecular markers as predictors of disease outcome and response to therapy in malignant melanoma / Steve R. Martinez, Hiroya Takeuchi, Dave S.B. Hoon -- The role of DCT/TYRP2 in resistance of melanoma cells to drugs and radiation / Brian J. Pak and Yaacov Ben-David -- How melanoma cells evade chemotherapy : role of transporter-dependent and -independent resistance mechanisms / Kevin G. Chen and Michael M. Gottesman -- Apoptosis in melanoma: approaches to therapy / Heicke Röckmann and Dirk Schadendorf -- Role of melanoma-associated antigens / Rishab K. Gupta, Ana M. McElrath-Garza, and Donald L. Morton -- Host responses to melanoma : implications for immunotherapy / Julian A. Kim and Ernest Borden -- Future perspectives / Vincent J. Hearing and Stanley P.L. Leong.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyedited by Kathryn Schwarzenberger, Andrew E. Werchniak, Christine J. Ko."This title in the Requisites in Dermatology series is the perfect resource for quick reference and rapid review in general dermatology. It succinctly presents all of the most essential clinical and foundational knowledge you need for certification, recertification, or practice. An extremely user-friendly full-color format, replete with full-color clinical photographs and other pertinent illustrations, makes it easy to locate and read up on any topic. Plus, full-text online access lets you consult the book from any computer, download all of the images, watch online lectures, and more."--Jacket.
- 2005 SpringerK. Morioka.
- 2008 SpringerUlrike Blume-Peytavi ... (ed.).
- 2010 SpringerD. Pathomvanich, K. Imagawa, editors.
- 2006 SpringerJ. Ring, B. Przybilla, T. Ruzicka, editors.
- 2012 Springeredited by Marc G. Jeschke, Lars-Peter Kamolz, Folke Sjöberg, Steven E. Wolf.Part 1. History, epidemiology, prevention and education / A history of burn care. Leopoldo C. Cancio and Steven E. Wolf -- Epidemiology and prevention of burns throughout the world / Michael D. Peck -- Prevention of burn injuries / Anna Arno and Judy Knighton -- Burns associated with wars and disasters / Jonathan B. Lundy and Leopoldo C. Cancio -- Education in burns / Kunaal Jindal and Shahriar Shahrokhi -- European practice guidelines for burn care: Minimum level of burn care provision in Europe / Pavel Brychta -- Part 2. Pre-hospital and initial management of burns. Pre-hospital, fluid and early management, burn wound evaluation / Folke Sjöberg -- Medical documentation of burn injuries / Herbert L. Haller, Michael Giretzlehner, Johannes Dirnberger and Robert Owen -- Pathophysiology of burn injury / Gerd G. Gauglitz and Marc G. Jeschke -- Anesthesia for patients with acute burn injuries / Lee C. Woodson, Edward Sherwood, Alexis McQuitty and Mark D. Talon -- Diagnosis and management of inhalation injury / Tina L. Palmieri and Richard L. Gamelli -- Respiratory management / Robert Cartotto -- Part 3. Acute burn care and therapy. Organ responses and organ support / Kathryn L. Butler and Robert L. Sheridan -- Critical care of thermally injured patient / Mette M. Berger, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke -- Treatment of infection in burns / Gerd G. Gauglitz, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke -- Acute treatment of severely burned pediatric patients / Gerd G. Gauglitz and Marc G. Jeschke -- Adult burn management / Peter Dziewulski, Jorge-Leon Villapalos and Joan Pere Barret -- Burns in older adults / Tam N. Pham -- Acute management of facial burns / Peter Dziewulski and Jorge-Leon Villapalos -- Hand burns / Benjamin P. Amis and Matthew B. Klein -- Treatment of burns -- established and novel technology / Ludwik K. Branski, Manuel Dibildox, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke -- Wound healing / David A. Brown and Nicole S. Gibran -- Pain management after burn trauma / Richard Girtler and Burkhard Gustorff -- Nutrition support for the burn patient / Amalia Cochran, Jeffrey R. Saffle and Caran Graves -- HBO and burns / Harald Andel -- Nursing management of the burn-injured person / Judy Knighton and Mary Jako -- Outpatient burn care / Bernd Hartmann and Christian Ottomann -- Part 4. Non-thermal burns. Electrical injury / Brett D. Arnoldo, John L. Hunt and Gary F. Purdue -- Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of chemical burns / Leila Kolios and Günter Germann -- Necrotizing and exfoliative diseases of the skin / David A. Sieber, Gerard J. Abood and Richard L. Gamelli -- Frostbite / Paul Kraincuk, Maike Keck, David Lumenta and Lars-Peter Kamolz.
- 2012 Springeredited by Lars-Peter Kamolz, Marc G. Jeschke, Raymund E. Horch, Markus Küntscher, Pavel Brychta.Part 1. Burn injuries and their psychosocial and long time consequences -- Acute stress disorder and post traumatic stress disorder in individuals suffering from burn injury / Sherri Sharp and Walter J. Meyer III -- Long term consequences of burn injuries / Shelley Wiechman -- Part 2. Burn wound healing, documentation, scar management and rehabilitation -- Skin architecture and function / Adelheid Elbe-Bürger -- Burn wound healing: Pathophysiology / Luc Teot, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr -- Burn scar treatment / Luc Teot, Sami Otman, Antonio Brancati and Rainer Mittermayr -- Scar assessment / Pauline D. H. M. Verhaegen, Martijn B. A. van der Wal, Esther Middelkoop and Paul P. M. van Zuijlen -- The future of wound documentation: Three-dimensional, evidence-based, intuitive and thorough / Michael Giretzlehner, Lars-Peter Kamolz, Johannes Dirnberger and Robert Owen -- Evaluation of mimic function in patients with facial burns by use of the three-dimensional video-analysis / Maria Michaelidou and Manfred Frey -- Rehabilitation and scar management / Lars-Peter Kamolz and Marc G. Jeschke -- Exercise / Karen J. Kowalske, Serina J. McEntire and Oscar E. Suman -- Part 3. Burn reconstruction (Principles and techniques) -- Principles of burn reconstruction / Lars-Peter Kamolz and David B. Lumenta -- Tissue expanders in burn surgery / Norbert Pallua and Erhan Demir -- Burn reconstruction: Skin substitutes and tissue engineering / Raymund E. Horch and Volker J. Schmidt -- Twelve year follow-up: A clinical study on dermal regeneration / Monica C. T. Bloemen, Paul P. M. van Zuijlen and Esther Middelkoop -- Generation of adipose tissue based on tissue engineering: An overview / Maike Keck, David B. Lumenta and Lars-Peter Kamolz -- Part 4. Burn reconstruction (Specific regions) -- Burn reconstruction: Neck region / Norbert Pallua and Erhan Demir -- Burn reconstruction: Eye region / Andreas Heckmann and Peter M. Vogt -- Reconstruction of the post burn ear / Andrew Burd -- Reconstruction of the perioral region after facial burns / Timo Alexander Spanholtz and Riccardo E. Giunta -- Nasal reconstruction / Lars-Peter Kamolz, Maike Keck, Harald Selig and David B. Lumenta -- Reconstruction/Correction of burn alopecia / Lars-Peter Kamolz, Maike Keck, Harald Selig and David B. Lumenta -- Burn reconstruction: Breast / Eva Koellensperger and Guenter Germann -- Reconstruction of burn deformities of the lower extremity / Christian Ottomann and Bernd Hartmann -- Thermal injuries to the foot / Thilo Schenck and Riccardo E. Giunta -- Burn reconstruction: Hand and upper extremity / Hugo Benito Kitzinger, Birgit Karle and Manfred Frey -- Part 5. Burn reconstruction (Future perspectives) -- Burn reconstruction -- Future perspectives: Facial transplantation / Maria Siemionow and Fatih Zor -- Modern myoprostheses in electric burn injuries of the upper extremity / Oskar C. Aszmann, Hans Diet, Tatjana Paternostro and Manfred Frey.
- 2013 SpringerDirk Schadendorf ; co-authors, Corinna Kochs, Elisabeth Livingstone.Introduction to Cutaneous Melanoma -- Clinical Features and Classification -- Diagnosis, Staging, and Follow-up -- Treatment of Primary Tumor and Locoregional Disease -- Treatment of Distant and Irresectable Metastatic Disease -- Emerging Therapies and Combination Approaches.
- 2014 SpringerElizabeth Hale, Julie Karen, Perry Robins.The Handbook of Dermatologic Surgery incorporates the most cutting edge technology applicable to dermatologists and dermatologic surgeons today. Designed as a reference guide for dermatologic surgery and aesthetic procedures, it disseminates key scientific information in an easy-to-use pocket book. This handbook is designed to be readily transportable for dermatologists and dermatologic surgeons, as well as those in training, dermatology residents and fellows, and medical students rotating through dermatology.
- 2012 Springeredited by Victor R. Preedy.[Part 1] Introduction -- 1. The Skin: an introduction / N. B. Silverberg -- [Part 2] General aspects of skin, nutrition and diet -- 2. Gut bacteria and skin health / R. Iizuka -- 3. The fatty acids and the skin: a focus on the n-6 family of unsaturated fatty acids / H. S. Hansen -- 4. Role of vitamin B6 in skin health and diseases / N. Kato -- 5. Antioxidants and skin: an overview / Y. Wu, H.-D. Chen, Y.-H. Li, X.-H. Gao and V. R. Preedy -- [Part 3] Micronutrients -- 6. The Skin and vitamin D / D. D. Bikle -- 7. Vitamin C, gene expression and skin health / T. L. Duarte and I. F. Almeida -- 8. Strategies for vitamin E transdermal delivery / S. Trombino -- 9. Vitamin E chemistry, biological activity and benefits on the skin / R. Cassano -- 10. Dietary tocotrienol and UVB-induced skin damage / K. Yamashita -- 11. Zinc and skin health: an overview / H. K. Bangash and A. Sethi -- 12. Iron and skin health: iron stimulates skin function / T. Hirobe -- [Part 4] Nutraceuticals and skin -- 13. Skin photoprotection and nutraceuticals: an overview / P. Morganti -- 14. Effect of flaxseed- and borage oil ingestion on skin conditions / U. Heinrich -- 15. Dietary red ginseng and skin protection / Y. Cho -- 16. Dietary grape seed proanthocyanidins and skin cancer / S.K. Katiyar -- 17. Olive oil as a skin protector / M. Viola -- 18. Protective effect of garlic in skin cancer / T. Saha -- 19. Pre- and probiotics for human skin / J. Krutmann -- 20. Curcumin (turmeric) and its evolving role in skin health / A. Sethi -- 21. Protective effects of vitamin C derivatives on skin atrophy caused by Sod1 deficiency / T. Shimizu -- [Part 5] Skin cancer, nutrition and diet -- 22. Omega-3 Fatty acids and non-melanoma skin cancer / H.S. Black -- 23. Skin cancer and folate metabolism / M. Laing -- 24. Vitamin D and skin cancer / R.S. Mason -- [Part 6] Specific skin conditions in relation to diet and nutrition -- 25. Acne and nutrition / C.C. Zouboulis -- 26. Food allergy and atopic dermatitis / S.S. Lee -- 27. Fructo-oligosaccharides and skin inflammation / K. Sonoyama.
- 2012 Springeredited by Victor R. Preedy.General introduction and overviews. Hair in health and disease: an introduction / Taneeta Ganguly and Pratima Karnik -- The color of human hair / Christoph G. Birngruber and Marcel A. Verhoff -- Hair loss in the elderly / C.-C. Yang, A. Todorova and W. Chen -- Hair loss in women / Francisco M. Camacho Martinez -- Male androgenetic alopecia / Salvador Arias-Santiago ... [et al.] -- Excess hair growth / Daisy Kopera -- Ethnopharmacology and hair: Indian perspectives / Neetu Sabarwal ... [et al.] -- Neonatal hair analysis to reveal gestational exposure to drugs / Donata Favretto -- Molecular and cellular biology and hair. Plucked hair: how to get stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells for future clinical applications / Nuria Montserrat and Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte -- alopecia areata and chemokine / Yoshihiro Kuwano and Manabu Fujimoto -- Natural and unnatural hair loss as detected in the forensic context / Elizabeth M. Brooks and James Robertson -- Dietary toxicity and pathological history. Arsenic in the hair / Simon F.P. Pereira, Johny S. Oliveira and Rajkumar Rajendram -- Ethyl glucuronide in hair and alcohol misuse / Ronald Agius -- Hair mineral analysis in the assessment of human exposure in metals / Katarzyna Chojnacka and Marcin Mikulewicz -- Potentially toxic elements, pollution, and hair / Anna Capasso, Alberto Loizzo and Sergio Caroli -- Natural radionuclides in human hair / Maarit Muikku and Weibo Li -- Stable isotope ratio analysis in human hair / Klaus J. Petzke and Benjamin T. Fuller -- Diseases of hair and treatments. Head lice and their control: a never-ending story / Heinz Mehlhorn -- Low-level light therapy and hair loss / Mahyar Ghanaat -- Chemotherapy-induced hair loss / Corina J.G. van den Hurk, Wim P.M. Breed and Floortje Mols -- MSH peptides and applications to treatment of hair / Matteo Auriemina and Paolo Amerio -- Shampoos and conditioners. Shampoo compositions / Sung Hyun Im -- Shampoo in the treatment of scalp psoriasis / A. Kaszuba and M. Pastuszka -- Lipohydroxy acid containing shampoo in the treatment of scalp seborrheic dermatitis / Sophie Seite and Andr.
- 2015 SpringerPeter A. Lio, Toral Patel, Neill T. Peters, Sarah Kasprowicz.
- 2014 Springeredited by Keyvan Nouri.Dramatic improvements in laser technology have yielded new indications and applications in cutaneous disorders. Existing texts covering lasers in dermatology are often bulky and therefore it has been hard for the dermatologist to find a complete and concise reference that highlights only the specific use of lasers in cutaneous medicine. This handbook has been written to provide a basic structural framework for clinicians and trainees, and clearly outlines laser techniques for each specific dermatologic disorder. Handbook of Lasers in Dermatology comprehensively covers each application of lasers for the skin in a manner that can be easily read by beginners and experts alike. It provides readers with a handy and reliable reference guide that improves patient care and treatment outcomes. It is therefore of interest to all dermatologists who use lasers in their clinical practice.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEedited by Michael R. Hamblin, Ying-Ying Huang.Section 1. History and fundamentals -- section 2. Diseases caused by light -- section 3. Ultraviolet phototherapy -- section 4. Photodynamic therapy (PDT) -- section 5. Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) -- section 6. Surgical laser therapy -- section 7. Other phototherapies and future outlook.
- 2016 SpringerRichard Warren, Alan Menter [editors].This concise handbook looks at psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis as separate but often related conditions, focusing on a background around the indications, such as disease overview and epidemiology; going on to look at the etiology and immunopathogenesis of each indication; looking at the clinical presentation and diagnosis; before focusing on the current and emerging treatment options, including a brief section on the issues of quality of life and comorbidities associated with these indications.
- 2015 SpringerJennifer Marsh, John Gray, Antonella Tosti.1. Healthy hair: form and function -- 2. Root-to-tip hair health -- 3. Understanding hair damage -- 4. Healthy hair method assessments -- 5. Clinical signs of hair damage -- 6. Hair density reduction -- 7. Cosmetic products and hair health -- Index.
- 2010 CRCnetBASEBruno Burlando, Luisella Verotta, Laura Cornara, and Elisa Bottini-Massa.The skin : morphophysiological traits and disease -- Botanical compounds and their dermatological and cosmetic uses -- Herbal cosmetic formulations : a fuzzy line between actives and vehicles -- Monographs of herbal principles.
- 2006 SpringerGregor B.E. Jemec, Jean Revuz, James J. Leyden (eds.).
- 2014 SpringerGuido Massi, Philip E. LeBoit.The histopathologic interpretation of melanocytic neoplasms is probably the most difficult task in the field of dermatopathology. The second edition of this text and atlas depicts a broad range of the most important and most challenging melanocytic lesions that histopathologists might encounter. Each case is illustrated with at least three high-quality color photographs and is commented on at length, highlighting the diagnostic clues. The goal of the authors is to assist both general pathologists and dermatopathologists in making an accurate diagnosis applicable to their daily practice, and one that can be understood by clinicians. They achieve this by providing criteria that can serve as a sound basis for an unequivocal diagnosis in most cases. The reader will find Histological Diagnosis of Nevi and Melanoma to be an invaluable guide to correct diagnosis even in difficult or rare cases.
- 2014 Kargervolume editors, Marigdalia K. Ramírez-Fort, Farhan Khan, Peter L. Rady, Stephen K. Tyring."Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection transcends multiple fields of science and medicine. The management of HPV-related disease is demanding and often requires a persistent multimodal approach involving various medical disciplines. In this volume, experts present a comprehensive view of HPV research with an emphasis on clinical presentations, diagnosis, management and vaccine development. The state of the art in molecular biology is provided in addition to discussions on clinical morphology and the utility of dermatoscopy in identifying HPV disease. In a multidisciplinary approach to dermatological, plastic and reconstructive, gynecological, otolaryngological and colorectal management, different treatment strategies are highlighted"--Publisher's description.
- Hurwitz Clinical pediatric dermatology : a textbook of skin disorders of childhood and adolescence. Fifth edition [5th ed.]2016 ClinicalKeyAmy S. Paller, Anthony J. Mancini.
- Absolute dermatology review : mastering clinical conditions on the dermatology recertification exam — Cutaneous drug eruptions : diagnosis, histopathology and therapy (100)
- Cutaneous hematopathology : approach to the diagnosis of atypical lymphoid-hematopoietic infiltrates in skin — Hurwitz Clinical pediatric dermatology : a textbook of skin disorders of childhood and adolescence. Fifth edition [5th ed.] (100)
- Hyperhidrosis and botulinum toxin in dermatology — Practical skin pathology : a diagnostic approach (100)
- Precision molecular pathology of dermatologic diseases — Wound healing and ulcers of the skin : diagnosis and therapy : the practical approach (71)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.