Books by Subject
- 3D histology evaluation of dermatolog...
- — Handbook of burns. Volume 1, Acute bu...
- Handbook of burns. Volume 2, Reconstr...
- — Wound healing and ulcers of the skin ...
- 3D histology evaluation of dermatologic surgery 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- The Basics for Excision and Flattening -- Embedding and Sectioning -- Dividing Tumors and Topographical Orientation -- Communication with the Lab -- The Aftermath or How to Excise Until Clear Margins -- Variations for Special Locations and Large, Deep Penetrating Tumors -- How to Perform 3D Histology on Different Types of Tumors -- Terminology and Facts.
- Adverse cutaneous drug eruptions 2012, Karger"The skin is one of the most frequently involved organs in adverse drug reactions. Occurring with an incidence of 1 to 5 percent for certain types of drugs, cutaneous drug eruptions are mostly benign in nature, and comprise the maculopapular type of eruption and urticaria. However, about one third of them require hospital treatment, leading to a considerable burden for the health care system. In this book, a selected group of experts provide an up-to-date, condensed and clinically relevant overview of the field of cutaneous drug eruptions, ranging from epidemiology and genetic predisposition to available therapeutic measures, including rapid drug desensitization. Reflecting the great progress made in recent years in this field, this publication will be a useful tool for a better understanding, diagnosis and management of cutaneous drug eruptions, not only for general physicians, dermatologists and clinical allergologists, but also for nurses and scientists." -- publisher's site.
- Aesthetic applications of intense pulsed light 2011, SpringerSkin anatomy -- Light tissue interactions -- Intense pulsed light safety: legal issues -- How to organize the IPL treatment room -- Patient selection -- Skin photorejuvenation -- Hair removal -- IPL treatment for vascular lesions -- Complications.
- Aging hair 2010, SpringerGerontobiology of the Hair Follicle / Desmond J. Tobin -- Molecular Basis of Androgenetic Alopecia / Valerie Anne Randall -- Inflammatory Phenomena and Fibrosis in Androgenetic Alopecia / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Post-Menopausal Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia / Steven Kossard -- Female Pattern Hair Loss / M. Javed Mohungoo and Andrew G. Messenger -- Hair Growth Parameters in Pre- and Postmenopausal Women / Paradi Mirmirani, Fangyi Luo, Scott R. Youngquist, Brian K. Fisher and James Li, et al. -- Comparative Histopathology of Androgenetic Alopecia, Diffuse Alopecia, and Senescent Alopecia / David A. Whiting -- Comparative Gene Expression Profiling of Senescent and Androgenetic Alopecia Using Microarray Analysis / Paradi Mirmirani and Pratima Karnik -- The Aging Hair Pigmentary Unit / Desmond J. Tobin -- Oxidative Stress Associated Melanocyte-Loss and Hair Growth Capacity in the Aging Hair Follicle: A Model for Tissue-Specific Aging / Eva M. J. Peters -- Human Hair Follicle Melanocytes as a Proxy Cell Type in Neurodegeneration Research / Nikolaos Papageorgiou, Elisabeth Carpenter and Desmond J. Tobin -- Effect of UV Radiation on Scalp and Hair Growth / Claudine Piérard-Franchimont, Pascale Quatresooz and Gérald E. Piérard -- Hair Photoaging / Won-Soo Lee -- Effect of Tobacco Smoking on Hair / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Age-Related General Problems Affecting the Condition of Hair / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Aging of Scalp and Age-Related Disorders of Scalp / Desmond Gan and Rodney Sinclair -- Care of Aging Hair and Photoprotection / Zoe Diana Draelos -- Possibilities and Limitations for Reversal of Age-Related Hair Loss / Nina Otberg, Isabel Restrepo and Jerry Shapiro -- Possibilities and Limitations for Reversal of Age-Related Pigment Loss / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Evidence-Based Hair Transplantation / Andreas M. Finner -- Future Directions: Gene Polymorphism Diagnostics Relevant to Hair / Justine A. Ellis -- Future Directions : The Known and Unknown Roles of Hair-Follicle Stem Cell Types / Robert M. Hoffman -- Future Directions: Bioengineering the Hair Follicle / Kurt S. Stenn, Ying Zheng and Jen-Chih Hsieh -- Hair After Death / Andrew S. Wilson and Desmond J. Tobin.
- Animal models of T cell-mediated skin diseases 2005, Springer
- Atlas of Dermatological Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disease provides a comprehensive compendium of digestive tract diseases with dermatological manifestations. The work is arranged by digestive symptoms, with sections based on the specific digestive disease etiology. Each section contains paired chapters of text, one on gastrointestinal manifestations and the other on dermatological manifestations. The atlas includes clinical presentations, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic tests/procedures, pathology, and references presented with substantial numbers of images.
- Atlas of dermatology in internal medicine 2012, Springer[1.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Connective Tissue Diseases / Lesliane E. Castro-Santana, José González Chávez, Jennifer Rullán, and Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes -- [2.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Pulmonary Disease / Jennifer Rullán, Rachelle E. Seijo-Montes, Annie Vaillant, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [3.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Renal Disease / Lilliam S. Chiqués Colón and Rosbel González Rivera -- [4.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Diseases / María I. Vázquez-Roque and Wilfredo E. De Jesús-Monge -- [5.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Common Endocrine Disease / Inés M. Hernández and Yanira Marrero -- [6.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Internal Malignancy and Paraneoplastic Syndromes / Zelma C. Chiesa-Fuxench, Liliana Ramírez, and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [7.] Cutaneous Manifestations of Infectious Diseases / Elena Montalván Miró and Néstor P. Sánchez -- [8.] Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease / Humberto M. Guiot, Carlos G. Sánchez Sergenton, Carlos J. Sánchez Rivera, and Rosbel González Rivera -- [9.] Cutaneous Disorders in the Intensive Care Unit / Tania M. González Santiago and Jacobo M. Orenstein Cardona.
- Atlas of essential dermatopathology 2013, Springer
- Atlas of geriatric dermatology 2014, SpringerThis is a comprehensive, practical, densely illustrated diagnostic and therapeutic guide for all geriatric dermatology providers. The book comprises 50 chapters and over 600 color photographs on topics ranging from common conditions such as basal cell carcinoma, rosacea, and seborrheic dermatitis to unusual conditions such as angiosarcoma, dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, and porphyria cutanea tarda. Sections include:- Inflammatory conditions (including contact dermatitis, alopecia, erythema multiforme, pemphigus, bullous pemphigoid, porphyria, pruritus, psoriasis, rosacea, seborrhea, urticaria.
- Atlas of male genital disorders 2013, SpringerMale genital disorders represent a common issue in medical practice, especially in the dermatological setting. Correct clinical evaluation of these disorders is essential when addressing the diagnosis, which in some cases may require histopathological confirmation. Depending on the disease, early diagnosis may be not only lifesaving, but also of fundamental importance to the planning of successful treatment. This atlas introduces the most common penile diseases, along with more rarely encountered ones. It provides invaluable guidance on clinical diagnosis by highlighting prominent clinical features and presenting particular videodermatoscopy findings when these are indicative of the diagnosis. In addition, for each condition the most appropriate treatment is proposed, taking into account recent therapeutic advances of proven benefit.
- Atlas of pediatric cutaneous biodiversity 2012, Springer
- Atlas of practical Mohs histopathology 2013, Springer
- Atlas of scar treatment and correction 2012, SpringerThis atlas is a comprehensive guide to the treatment and correction of scars. It is divided into four sections covering the different types of scar: atrophic and stretch marks, keloid and hypertrophic, normotrophic, and mixed. For each scar type, the various invasive and minimally invasive procedures and their results are documented with the aid of numerous high-quality photographs. In the section on keloid and hypertrophic scars, treatment is presented according to scar localization. In addition, the influence of etiology on treatment is considered, with distinction between scars due to injuries, animal bites, inflammatory diseases (including acne and varicella), and burns. Care is taken to distinguish between approaches suitable for fresh scars (in the inflammation, proliferation, and maturation phases) and those appropriate for scars present for more than one year. Potential adverse effects and complications of treatment are also explored.
- Atlas of skin cancers 2011, Springer
- Atlas of trichoscopy 2012, Springer
- Atopic dermatitis in childhood and adolescence 2011, KargerAtopic dermatitis is amongst the most common disorders of the skin in young people around the world. This book presents the newest insights and novel concepts in relation to all aspects of this skin disorder. Classification, clinical features and differential diagnosis are reviewed in the first chapter, while risk factors, susceptibility and an epidemiological overview are outlined in the next chapter, followed by a detailed discussion of the immunology of the skin and the pathophysiology of dermatitis. Further chapters present new data delineating clinical aspects of current genetic findings and insights into concepts of neuroimmunology, as well as the very crucial and severe clinical aspect of itching. New data on the topic of inhalant allergy, specific immunologic treatments and the latest on food allergy are also included.
- Autoimmune diseases of the skin. 3rd rev. and enl. ed. 2011, SpringerPathogenesis of autoimmune diseases / Martin Röcken and Tilo Biedermann -- Autoantibody detection using indirect immunofluorescence on HEp-2 cells / Philipp von Landenberg -- Pemphigus / Michael Hertl and Rüdiger Eming -- Bullous pemphigoid : clinical features, diagnostic markers, and immunopathogenic mechanisms / Giovanni Di Zenzo ... [et al.] -- Dermatitis herpetiformis duhring / Christian Rose and Detlef Zillikens -- Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / Gene Kim ... [et al.] -- Localized scleroderma / Cristián Vera Kellet, Catherine H. Orteu, and Jan P. Dutz -- Progressive systemic scleroderm / Nicolas Hunzelmann and Thomas Krieg -- Chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus / Michael Sticherling -- Subacute cutaneous and systemic lupus erythematosus / Donna M. Pellowski, Jane E. Kihslinger, and Richard D. Sontheimer -- Dermatomyositis / Ruth Ann Vleugels and Jeffrey P. Callen -- Mixed connective tissue disease / Reiji Kasukawa -- Sjögren's Syndrome / Robert I. Fox and Carla M. Fox -- Psoriasis vulgaris and arthopathica / Arnd Jacobi and Jörg Christoph Prinz -- Chronic urticaria as an autoimmune disease / Clive Grattan, Michihiro Hide, and Malcolm W. Greaves -- Lichen planus, lichenoid eruptions and cutaneous grant-versus-host-reaction / Miklós Simon, Jr. -- Small vessel vasculitides / Peter Lamprecht and Wolfgang L. Gross -- Skin manifestations of rheumatic diseases / Camille Francés and Nicolas Kluger -- Vitiligo / Karin U. Schallreuter -- Alopecia areata / Pia Freyschmidt-Paul, Kevin McElwee, and Rolf Hoffmann -- Autoimmune phenomena in atopic dermatitis / Caroline Bussmann and Natalija Novak -- Eosinophils in autoimmune bullous diseases / Dagmar Simon and Hans-Uwe Simon -- Paraneoplastic syndromes of the skin / Peter Fritsch -- Targeted therapies in autoimmune and inflammatory skin disorders / Rüdiger Eming and Ingo H. Tarner.
- Basics in dermatological laser applications 2011, KargerIntroduction. --- History of lasers in dermatology -- Physical and electronic properties of lasers. --- Laser principles / Bogdan Allemann, I., Kaufman, J. --- Laser-induced tissue reactions and dermatology / Weber, R.J., Taylor, B.R., and Engelman, D.E. --- Laser safety / Dudelzak, J., Goldberg, D.J. -- Laser applications in dermatology. --- Ablative skin resurfacing / Chwalek, J., Goldberg, D. --- Non-ablative lasers / Ciocon, D.H., Doshi, D., and Goldberg, D.J. --- Fractional photothermolysis / Bogdan Allemann, I., Kaufman, J. -- Indications for laser applications. --- Vascular lesions / Ting, P.T., Rao, J. --- Benign pigmented lesions / Bogdan Allemann, I., Goldberg, D.J. --- Tattoo removal / Adatto, M.A., Halachmi, S., and Lapidoth, M. --- Hair removal / Haedersdal, M., Haak, C.S. --- Photoaging / Grunebaum, L.D., Heffelfinger, R.N. --- Scars / Elsaie, M.L. ... [et al.] --- Acne vulgaris / Läuchli, S. --- Skin tightening / Woolery-Lloyd, H., Kammer, J.N. --- Special considerations for darker-skinned patients / Chan, H.H.L. --- At-home laser and light-based devices / Brown, A.S. -- Non-laser technologies/light-based systems. --- Intense pulsed light / Schoenewolf, N.L., Barysch, M.J., and Dummer, R. --- Light-emitting diode / Gold, M.H. --- Photodynamic therapy / Gold, M.H.
- Behçet's syndrome 2010, SpringerIntroduction: dedicated Mondays and an acquaintance-based view of Behçet's syndrome -- History and diagnosis -- Epidemiology of Behçet's syndrome and regional differences in disease expression -- The mucocutaneous manifestations of pathergy reaction in Behçet's disease -- Eye disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's syndrome and the nervous system -- Vascular disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis in Behçet's syndrome -- Locomotor system disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's disease: gastrointestinal involvement -- Miscellaneous manifestations of Behçet's disease -- Juvenile Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's disease: pathology -- Disease mechanisms -- Genetics of Behçet's disease -- Animal models of Behçet's disease -- Prognosis in Behçet's syndrome -- Disease assessment in Behçet's disease -- Medical management of Behçet's syndrome.
- Bioactive dietary factors and plant extracts in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Biofunctional textiles and the skin 2006, Karger
- Botulinum toxin in aesthetic medicine 2007, Springer
- Buka's Emergencies in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Burn care and treatment 2013, SpringerInitial Assessment, Resuscitation, Wound Evaluation and Early Care /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Pathophysiology of Burn Injury /Marc G. Jeschke --Wound Healing and Wound Care /Gerd G. Gauglitz --Infections in Burns /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Acute Burn Surgery /Lars-Peter Kamolz --Critical Care of Burn Victims Including Inhalation Injury /Marc G. Jeschke --Nutrition of the Burned Patient and Treatment of the Hypermetabolic Response /Marc G. Jeschke --Nursing Management of the Burn-Injured Person /Judy Knighton --Electrical Injury, Chemical Burns, and Cold Injury "Frostbite" /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Long-Term Pathophysiology and Consequences of a Burn Including Scarring, HTS, Keloids and Scar Treatment, Rehabilitation, Exercise /Gerd G. Gauglitz --Burn Reconstruction Techniques /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Stephan Spendel.
- Case studies in systemic sclerosis 2011, Springer
- Challenging cases in dermatology 2013, SpringerChallenging Cases in Dermatology provides a strategic and analytic way of thinking about unusual dermatologic presentations. Every case presented within this book is a unique story, but the clinical decision pathways used to reach an appropriate solution are similar. A wide range of cases are covered including many extremely rare diseases and rare presentations of diseases that are not, themselves, uncommon. A familiarity with such unusual cases will provide the dermatologist with increased knowledge, a wider perspective, and innovative techniques that can be used to solve diagnostic dilemmas.The author has used his vast experience in practicing dermatology to create a visual reference for skin disease, with the emphasis on working through each case as presented, starting with the clinical data, histological slides, and other available investigations. Each chapter includes a brief discussion of each extraordinary case and includes epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical and histological features, differential diagnosis, definite diagnosis, prognosis, and management.
- Chemical and physical behavior of human hair. 5th ed. 2012, Springer
- Clinical and basic immunodermatology 2008, Springer
- Clinical and pathological aspects of skin diseases in endocrine, metabolic, nutritional and deposition disease 2010, Springer
- Clinical cases in geriatric dermatology 2013, SpringerThe demographic imperative has reached the shores of dermatology. By 2020 those aged 65 years and older will comprise a quarter of the US population, and this percentage will be even more significant in less developed countries. As a specialty, dermatology needs to respond to this unprecedented demographic shift. Over the last few decades dermatology has enjoyed a sustained improvement in understanding of the basic science of skin biology and an increase in proven effectiveness of clinical interventions. As dermatologists, leadership must be in place to provide specialized care for older adults; dermatology should be at the forefront of prevention and treatment of skin diseases and be able to recognize the dermatologic signs of chronic systemic disease so often noted in our elderly.Clinical Cases in Geriatric Dermatology represents a practical tool in understanding the skin of older people and includes chapters on the common presentations of dermatologic disease in the elderly population. It presents practical information to assist in making the correct clinical decision. The concise case-based organization of this book will help those in dermatology training programs, but will also be a welcome revision tool for qualified and recertifying dermatologists.
- Print Material
- Clinical dermatology. 5th ed. 2010., MD Consult
- Conceived as a guide for practitioners in their work in dermatology, this book is unique in its approach. From cutaneous signs to the richness of differential diagnosis, it guides practitioners through every step, from semiological analysis to diagnosis. The aim is to provide readers with the essentials of relevant dermatological reasoning. The first part of the book focuses on physical examination and on recognizing basic lesions, the practitioners building blocks. The diseases requiring understanding are then described in the form of a richly illustrated atlas, in which each diagram has been chosen as an exemplary educational tool. In the final part, differential diagnosis is proposed in the form of various tables summarizing the different cutaneous signs, providing readers with a complete toolkit to assist with diagnosis. This book will give trainee dermatologists, general physicians and internists the knowledge they need to identify basic lesions and a complete and detailed overview of the various diseases they are likely to encounter. At the same time, experienced dermatologists will find this book a valuable reference work for differential diagnosis.
- Clinical guide to skin & wound care. 7th ed. 2013, Ovid
- Clinical management in psychodermatology 2009, Springer
- Color atlas of chemical peels 2006, Springer
- Color atlas of chemical peels. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Color atlas of dermatology 2012, Thieme Book"Handy compendium of diagnosis and therapy of the major dermatologic diseases, brief and to the point. Clear presentation of complex themes and therapy principles with the aid of descriptive color plates and concise texts A multitude of images and color plates to aid visual understanding Also useful for revision, e.g. before oral examinations Visualisaton of complex contexts and techniques using actual cases Covers pathophysiology, therapy, clinical hallmarks, histology images"--Provided by publisher.
- Color atlas of melanocytic lesions of the skin 2007, Springer
- Color atlas of nails 2010, Springer
- Compendium of surface microscopic and dermoscopic features 2008, Springer
- Complications in cutaneous surgery 2008, SpringerSection I. Acute Surgical Complications -- Preoperative Evaluation / Marcy Neuburg -- Acute Emergencies in the Dermatology Office / Darrell J. Fader -- Nerve Injury / Shawn Allen and Roberta Sengelmann -- Hemorrhagic Complications in Cutaneous Surgery / Hugh M. Gloster -- Wound Infections / Gregory John Fulchiero and Elizabeth M. Billingsley -- Prophylaxis for Wound Infections and Endocarditis / Michelle Pipitone and Hugh M. Gloster -- Dehiscence and Necrosis / Ross M. Campbell and Raymond G. Dufresne -- Section II. Chronic Surgical Complications -- Hypertrophic Scars and Keloids / A. Paul Kelly -- Free Margin Distortion / Sumaira Z. Aasi and David Leffell -- Scar Revision and Camouflage / Tri H. Nguyen -- Miscellaneous Complications / Mary E. Maloney and Nathaniel J. Jellinek -- Section III. Complications of Cosmetic Procedures -- Preoperative Cosmetic Consultation and Psychological Complications of Cosmetic Surgery / Evan C. Jones and Dee Anna Glaser -- Complications of Ablative and Nonablative Lasers and Light Sources / Elizabeth L. Tanzi and Tina S. Alster -- Complications of Dermabrasion and Chemical Peeling Procedures / Chris Harmon and Betty Davis -- Complications of Liposuction / J. Barton Sterling and C. William Hanke -- Complications of Soft Tissue Fillers / Steven C. Bernstein -- Complications of Botulinum Toxin / Deborshi Roy and Neil S. Sadick -- Complications of Sclerotherapy / Girish S. Munavalli and Robert A. Weiss -- Complications of Facelifting Procedures / Greg S. Morganroth, Hayes B. Gladstone and Isaac M. Neuhaus.
- Contact dermatitis. 4th ed. 2006, Springer
- Contact dermatitis. 5th ed. 2011, Springer
- Controversies in the treatment of skin neoplasias 2006., KargerCutaneous lymphomas - radiotherapeutic strategies / Wilson, L.D., Jones, G.W., Smith, B.D. -- The clinical impact of T cell receptor rearrangement analysis in cutaneous T cell lymphoma / Assaf, C. -- Classification of primary cutaneous lymphomas / Assaf, C. ... [et al.] -- Basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma - radiotherapeutic approaches / Panizzon, R.G. -- Kaposi's sarcoma - radiotherapeutic aspects / Niewald, M.; Räbe, C. -- Pathogenesis and clinical manifestation of Kaposi's sarcoma / Geilen, C.C., Husak, R., Steinhoff, M. -- Merkel cell carcinoma - clinical presentation and treatment / Moll, I. -- Merkel cell carcinoma - uncommon and aggressive cutaneous tumour / Greiner, R.H. ... [et al.] -- Potential of radiation therapy in the multimodal management of Merkel cell carcinoma / Becker, G., Bottke, D. --Skin and other reactions to radiotherapy - clinical presentation and radiobiology of skin reactions / Dörr, W. -- Management of skin and related reactions to radiotherapy / Seegenschmiedt, H. -- Malignant melanoma - markers for progression and prognosis in malignant melanoma / Geilen, C.C. ... [et al.] -- Malignant melanoma - sentinel lymph node biopsy and surgical procedures / Kaufmann, R. -- The role of radiotherapy in malignant melanoma / Marnitz, S., Hoecht, S., Hinkelbein, W. -- Malignant melanoma: classification and staging of malignant melanoma / Eigentler, T.K., Garbe, C. -- Malignant melanoma: PET/CT as a staging procedure / Müller, S.P. -- Malignant melanoma - clinical development of peptide-based melanoma vaccines / Schmittel, A. ... [et al.].
- Cosmetic dermatology 2005, Springer
- Cutaneous lupus erythematosus 2005, Springer
- Cutaneous lymphomas v. 2, 2006., Springerv. 2 Unusual cases.
- Cutaneous neural neoplasms 2011, Springer
- Deadly dermatologic diseases 2007, Springer
- Dermal replacements in general, burn, and plastic surgery 2013, SpringerSkin: Architecture and Function -- Skin Tissue Engineering -- Use of Novel Biomaterial Design and Stem Cell Therapy in Cutaneous Wound Healing -- In Vivo Visualisation of Skin Graft Revascularisation -- The Role of Elastin in Wound Healing and Dermal Substitute Design -- Surface Modi fi cation by Cold Gasplasma: A Method to Optimise the Vascularisation of Biomaterials -- Collagen Matrices with Enhanced Angiogenic and Regenerative Capabilities -- 3D Visualisation of Skin Substitutes -- Wound Coverage Technologies in Burn Care-Established and Novel Approaches -- Collagen Implants in Hernia Repair and Abdominal Wall Surgery -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Dermatosurgery -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Breast Reconstruction: An Overview -- Reconstruction of the Skin in Posttraumatic Wounds -- Subdermal Tissue Regeneration -- Bioengineering and Analysis of Oral Mucosa Models -- The Use of Dermal Substitutes in Burn Surgery: Acute Phase -- Burn Reconstruction.
- Dermal tumors 2011, Springer
- Dermatoethics 2012, SpringerPart I. Dermatologist as Clinician -- 1. "Excuse Me...": Unsolicited Dermatologic Opinions: Ethical, Moral, and Legal Issues / Lionel Bercovitch -- 2. "Give Me Enbrel(TM) or Give Me Death": Confronting the Limits of Autonomy / Lionel Bercovitch -- 3. Direct-to-Consumer Advertising of Prescription Medications: Misguided "Autonomy" in the Information Age / Lisa Pappas-Taffer and Alexander Miller -- 4. Autonomy, Isotretinoin and iPLEDGE: The Ethics of Burdensome Regulation and Use of Teratogenic Medication / Kenneth E. Bloom and Lionel Bercovitch -- 5. "Who Speaks for the Child?" Consent, Assent, and Confidentiality in Pediatric Dermatology / Kenneth E. Bloom and Lionel Bercovitch -- 6. Therapeutic Privilege: If, When, and How to Lie to Patients / Richard G. Fried and Clifford Perlis -- 7. Communicating with Patients About Adverse Medical Events: If, When, and How to Say "I'm Sorry" / Steven Shama, Lyn Duncan, and Lionel Bercovitch -- 8. The Computer Will See You Now: Ethics of Teledermatology / Jennifer L. Weinberg, Rachel H. Gormley, and Carrie L. Kovarik -- 9. Hospital Consultations: Embracing Professionalism Even When It Hurts / Lauren E. Krug and Stephen E. Helms -- 10. The Extender Is In: Delegating Ethically, Ethical and Professional Issues Relating to Physician Extenders in Dermatology / Steven Rosenberg and Clifford Perlis --Part II. Dermatologist as Professional -- 11. Professional Boundaries: Safeguarding the Physician-Patient Relationship / Brandon H. Krupp -- 12. Taking Care of Uncle Bob's Rash: Should One Treat Family Members? / Sandra Osswald -- 13. Peering into the Gift Horse: Is It Ethical to Accept Gifts from Patients? / Lionel Bercovitch -- 14. The Dermatologist and Social Media: The Challenges of Friending and Tweeting / Jennifer A. Sbicca and Stanton K. Wesson -- 15. Respecting Differences: Dermatology in a Diverse Society / Vimal Prajapati and Benjamin Barankin -- 16. Dermatologists Within, Beyond and Struggling with Borders: The Global Dermatologist / Jennifer L. Weinberg -- 17. Feet of Clay: The Impaired Dermatologist / Brandon H. Krupp --Part III. Dermatologist as Teacher and Trainee -- 18. The Mentor-Mentee Relationship: The Devil Is in the Details / Kimberly L. Merkel, John A. Cole, and Stanton K. Wesson -- 19. Tales from the Residency Interview Trail / Jennifer A. Sbicca and Alfred T. Lane -- 20. Ethics Education for Residents: Growing Pains and Learning Crises / Irèn Kossintseva and Benjamin Barankin -- 21. Teaching Ethics in Clinic: Keeping You Smart and Honest / Nely Z. Aldrich and Eliot N. Mostow --Part IV. Dermatologist as Businessperson -- 22. Boutiques, Botox®, and Basal Cells: Can Dermatology Set Its Priorities? / Jeffrey J. Meffert and Maria Villegas -- 23. The Price Is Right: Office Dispensing and Product Pricing / Tivon Sidorsky -- 24. My Elixir, MD: Morphing a Medical Degree into a Skincare Brand / Julie Cantor -- 25. Marketing the Physician: From Antitrust to Distrust / Catherine L. Kowalewski and Jeffrey J. Meffert -- 26. What the Market Will Bear? Ethical and Professional Issues in Medical Fees / Carl Johnson and Lionel Bercovitch -- 27. Spa, MD: When Dermatology Meets Aromatherapy / Tivon Sidorsky and Lionel Bercovitch -- 28. Gatekeepers, Dermatologists, and Their Patients: Mixed Messages in Managed Care / Lindsey A. Brodell, Robert T. Brodell, and Brendan Minogue -- 29. Ethical Adventures in 21st Century Dermatopathology / Homer O. Wiland IV, Barry D. Kels, and Jane Grant-Kels -- 30. Defining the Gray Zone: Client Billing and Contractual Joint Ventures / Homer O. Wiland IV, Barry D. Kels, and Jane Grant-Kels -- 31. No Strings Attached? Managing Conflicts of Interest in Medicine / Noah D. Shannon and Clifford Perlis --Part V Dermatologist as Scholar -- 32. Respecting Human Subjects: Responsibilities of the Clinical Investigator / Kenneth Katz and Samual Garner -- 33. Hope, Hype, and Genotype: Genetic Testing in Dermatological Diseases / Natasha Shur -- 34. Desperate Measures for Desperate Patients: Translational Research in Epidermolysis Bullosa / Alfred T. Lane -- 35. Reading Between the Lines: Can Peer Reviewers Be Expected to Detect Fraud? / Jason D. Gillum, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 36. Hiding Behind the Curtain: Anonomyous Versus Open Peer Review / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 37. Ghost Busting in Dermatology Publications: Providing Byline Integrity / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 38. Telling the Same Tale Twice: Déjà vu and the Shades of Grey in Self-Plagiarism / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 39. Cutting Edge or Cutting Corners? Innovative Care / Jolion McGreevy and Clifford Perlis.
- Dermatologic complications with body art 2010, Springer
- Dermatologic immunity 2008, KargerAllergic contact dermatitis / M.D. Gober, A.A. Gaspari -- Immune privilege and the skin / T. Ito ... [et al.] -- Immunobiology of acute cytotoxic drug reactions / B.J. Nickoloff -- Psoriasis / F.O. Nestle -- Atopic dermatitis in 2008 / L.S. Chan -- Cutaneous Lupus erythematosus : molecular and cellular basis of clinical findings / A. Kuhn, R. Sontheimer -- Bullous pemphigoid and related subepidermal autoimmune blistering diseases / E.B. Olasz, K.B. Yancey -- Pemphigus vulgaris and its active disease mouse model / M. Amagai -- Pemphigus foliaceus / D. Dasher, D. Rubenstein, L. Diaz -- Autoimmunity to type VII collagen : Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / J. Remington ... [et al.] -- Pathomechanisms of Lichen planus autoimmunity elicited by cross-reactive T cells / T. Shiohara ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune etiology of generalized vitiligo / I.C. Le Poole, R.M. Luiten -- The genetics of generalized vitiligo / R.A. Spritz -- Scleroderma / A.C. Gilliam -- Alopecia areata / L.E. King Jr., K.J. McElwee, J.P. Sundberg -- Dermatomyositis / M.S. Krathen, D. Fiorentino, V.P. Werth -- Novel mechanism for therapeutic action of IVIg in autoimmune blistering dermatoses / D. Michael, S.A. Grando -- Skin involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases / S. Rashtak, M.R. Pittelkowo -- Therapeutics and immune-mediated skin disease / K.B. Gordon, R. Satoskar.
- This book is a comprehensive introduction to ultrasonography of the skin, nails, and scalp as it relates to the assessment and diagnosis of dermatologic diseases. It provides a concise understanding of the diagnosis of dermatologic conditions through extensive high-resolution gray scale and color Doppler ultrasound images and presents classical correlations of clinical dermatologic lesions with sonographic and histologic findings.
- Dermatological and transdermal formulations 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Life span and life course approaches to dermatological disease / Ryff, C.D. -- Key concepts in the life course approach in medicine : allostatic load and cumulative life course impairment / Offidani, E.; Tomba, E.; Linder, M.D. -- Mathematical modeling in life course research / Barban, N.; Linder, M.D. -- Life course impairment and quality of life over time / Sampogna, F. -- Concept of major life-changing decisions in life course research / Bhatti, Z.U.; Salek, S.; Finlay, A.Y. -- Setting up a life course questionnaire / Sampogna, F. -- Cumulative life course impairment in chronic wounds / Augustin, M. -- Cumulative life course impairment : evidence for psoriasis / Mattei, P.L.; Corey, K.C.; Kimball, A.B. -- Cumulative life impairment by epidermolysis bullosa / Fine, J.-D. -- Cumulative life course impairment in vitiligo / Krüger, C.; Schallreuter, K.U. -- Cumulative life course impairment in melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancer / Piaserico, S. -- Cumulative life course impairment : identifying patients at risk / Augustin, M. -- Cumulative life course impairment in dermatological diseases other than psoriasis : an overview / Ibler, K.S.; Jemec, G.B.E. -- Cumulative life course impairment across cultures and medical systems / Lima, X.T. -- Patients' narratives / Foulkes, A.C.; Warren, R.B.
- Dermatology 2006, Thieme BookAnogenital diseases -- Phlebology -- Occupational dermatoses -- Skin diseases in different age groups -- Psychodermatology -- Topical therapy -- Systemic therapy -- Radiation therapy -- Therapy during pregnancy and nursing -- Operative dermatology -- Wound healing -- Dermatologic emergencies.Introduction to skin biology -- Dermatologic diagnosis -- Other diagnostic methods -- Viral diseases -- Bacterial diseases -- Fungal diseases -- Other infectious diseases -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Allergic diseases -- Drug reactions -- Dermatitis -- Collagen vascular disorders -- Autoimmune bullous diseases -- Purpura and vasculitis -- Papulosquamous disorders -- Granulomatous and necrobiotic disorders -- Dermatoses caused by physical and chemical agents -- Metabolic diseases -- Pruritus and prurigo -- Genodermatoses -- Disorders of pigmentation --Melanocytic tumors -- Cysts and epidermal tumors -- Adnexal tumors -- Soft tissue tumors -- Other cutaneous tumors -- Cutaneous lymphomas and leukemia -- Paraneoplastic disorders -- Diseases of the lips and oral mucosa -- Diseases of the hairs and scalp -- Diseases of the nails -- Disorders of sweat glands -- Diseases of sebaceous glands -- Diseases of subcutaneous fat --
- Dermatology 2012, SpringerBasic Science and Immunology -- Pediatric Dermatology -- General Dermatology -- Infectious Diseases -- Benign and Malignant Tumors -- Dermatologic Surgery -- Pharmacology and Drug Reactions -- Pathology -- Dermoscopy and Electron Microscopy -- Life After Boards -- High Yield Facts and Buzz Words.
- Dermatology in clinical practice 2010, SpringerSkin: structure and function -- Immune system of the skin -- Diagnosis of skin disease -- Bacterial infections -- Superficial fungal infections -- Viral infections -- Parasitic infestations and diseases caused by arthropods -- Eczema -- Keratinizing and papulosquamous disorders -- Diseases of connective tissue -- Bullous disorders: autoimmune and childhood bullous dermatoses -- Vasculitis, common erythemas, and lymphatic disorders -- Exanthems and hypersensitivity syndromes -- Urticaria -- Pruritus -- Leg ulcers -- Disorders of pigmentationDisorders of ultraviolet radiation and injuries due to cold -- Diseases of the sebaceous, sweat, and apocrine glands -- Hair disorders -- Nail disorders -- Diseases of the subcutaneous tissue -- Tumors of the skin -- Naevi and hereditary diseases of the skin -- Skin and malnutrition -- Skin and systemic disease -- Skin and the psyche -- Erythroderma -- Ages of man and their dermatoses -- Diseases of the oral cavity -- Diseases of the external genitalia -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Drug reactions -- Management of skin diseases.
- Dermatology skills for primary care 2006, SpringerSpecific history -- Dermatologic physical examination -- Indicated supporting diagnostic data -- Therapy -- Molluscum contagiosum (dimple warts) -- Verruca vulgaris (common warts) -- Seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) -- Pityriasis rosea -- Psoriasis vulgaris -- Lichen planus -- Miliaria rubra (prickly heat) -- Scabies -- Erythrasma -- Tinea (superficial fungi, dermatophytosis, ringworm) -- Urticaria (urticaria simplex, common hives) -- Fixed drug eruption -- Erysipelas/cellulitis -- Erythema multiforme -- Lupus erythematosus -- Toxicodendron dermatitis (poison oak, poison ivy, poison sumac; also known as Rhus dermatitis) -- Atopic dermatitis (atopic eczema, disseminated neurodermatitis -- Besnier's prurigo) -- Asteatotic eczema (xerosis, xerotic eczema, eczema craquelé, eczema cannalé, eczema hiemalis, winter itch) -- Senile purpura (Bateman's purpura) -- Striae distensae (striae atrophicans, striae gravidarum, stretch marks) -- Seborrheic keratosis (old age spots, liver spots) -- Ephelides (freckles) -- Lentigines -- Melanocytic nevi -- Malignant melanoma -- Actinic keratosis (solar keratosis) -- Keratoacanthoma (molluscum sebaceum) -- Common skin cancers -- Impetigo (impetigo contagiosa) -- Herpes simplex recidivans (herpes labialis, cold sores, fever blisters Herpes genitalis) -- Herpes zoster (shingles) -- Acne vulgaris (acne, zits) -- Rosacea (acne rosasea).
- Dermatology terminology 2010, SpringerPapulosquamous Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Vesiculobullous Disorders (Including Dermatitis/Eczema) / Herbert B. Allen -- Infectious Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Hypersensitivity Disorders / Herbert B. Allen -- Genetic Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Dermatology in Systemic Disease / Herbert B. Allen -- Tumors / Herbert B. Allen -- Miscellaneous Disorders / Herbert B. Allen.
- Dermatomyositis 2009, Springer
- Dermatopathology 2006, Springer1. Requirements for a Good Diagnostic Result, p. 1-3 -- 2. The Dermal Blood Vasculature, p. 4-8 -- 3. The Dermal Lymphatic Vasculature, p. 9-11 -- 4. The Immune Response, p. 12-20 -- 5. Cell and Vascular Response to Infection and Injury, p. 1-30 -- 6. Cell Death in the Living Body, p. 31-34 -- 7. Vasculitis, p. 35-64 -- 8. Skin Lesions due to Abnormalities in Blood Components, p. 65-74 -- 9. Arteriosclerosis in the Skin, p. 75-77 -- 10. Thromboangiitis Obliterans, p. 78-79 -- 11. Angiotropic Lymphoma, p. 80-82 -- 12. Infections Caused by Common Pyogenic Bacteria, p. 83-85 -- 13. Common Fungal Infections, p. 86-99 -- 14. Demodicidosis, p. 100-101 -- 15. Infections Caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, M. Bovis, and Atypical Mycobacteria, p. 102-109 -- 16. Leprosy, p. 110-113 -- 17. Syphilis, p. 114-121-- 18. Lyme Borreliosis, p. 122-133 -- 19. Leishmaniasis, p. 134-135 -- 20. Herpes Simplex, Herpes Zoster/Varicella, and Cytomegalovirus Infections, p. 136-146 -- 21. Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in Skin and Mucous Membranes, p. 147-154 -- 22. Dermatitis (Eczema), p. 155-162 -- 23. Psoriasis, p. 163-169 -- 24. Lichen Planus and Lichen Nitidus, p. 170-175 -- 25. Autoimmune Vesicular, Bullous, and Pustular Dermatoses, p. 176-198 -- 26. Recurrent Vesicular Eruptions, p. 199-209 -- 27. Profiles of the Epidermal/Dermal Area in some Vesicular/Bullous Dermatoses, p. 210-213 -- 28. Skin Lesions Due to Drugs, p. 214-230 -- 29. Artifacts, p. 231-244.
- Dermatopathology 2009, Springer
- Dermatopathology 2013, Springer
- Dermatotoxicology. 6th ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Diagnosis of aging skin diseases 2007, Springer
- Dictionary of contact allergens 2007, SpringerDictionary of Contact Allergens: Chemical Structures, Sources and References / Christophe J. Le Coz and Jean-Pierre Lepoittevin, p. 1-254 -- Patch Testing with the Patients' Own Products / Peter J. Frosch, Johannes Geier, Wolfgang Uter and An Goossens, p. 255-280.
- Differential diagnosis for the dermatologist 2008, Springer
- Differential diagnosis for the dermatologist. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer1.The Chief Complaint --2.The Past Medical History, Social History, and Review of Systems --3.The Physical Exam --4.The Biopsy --5.The Laboratory Results --6.The Diagnosis --7.Glossary.
- Dupuytren's disease and related hyperproliferative disorders 2012, SpringerComprised of 54 separately authored chapters.
- Eating disorders and the skin 2013, Springer
- Environmental factors in skin diseases 2007, Karger
- Epidermal cell tumors 2011, SpringerBenign melanocytic proliferations -- Essential criteria for diagnosing melanoma -- Histologic mimics of malignant melanoma -- Epidermal neoplasms -- Pilosebaceous neoplasms -- Tumors with eccrine differentiation -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Epidermal cells 2004, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of connexin 43 expression on keratinocytes using flow cytometry / Maja Matic ... [et al.] -- MMP-9 and TIMP-1 assays in keratinocyte cultures / Takashi Kobayashi -- Characterization of epithelial cells in the hair follicle with S100 proteins / Kenji Kizawa and Mayumi Ito -- Immunoelectron microscopic analysis of cornified cell envelopes and antigen retrieval / Akemi Ishida-Yamamoto -- Cell kinetic analysis in artificial skin using immunochemical methods / Andrea Casasco ... [et al.] -- Proliferation, differentiation, and inflammation in normal and hyperproliferative skin using multiparameter flow cytometry / Piet E.J. van Erp -- Fluorimetric DNA assay of cell number / William R. Otto -- Keratinocyte transient transfections / Anthony M. Flores and Brian J. Aneskievich -- Tetracycline-regulated gene expression in epidermal keratinocytes / Richard B. Presland and Philip Fleckman -- Gene targeting by oligonucleotides in keratinocytes / Olga Igoucheva and Kyonggeun Yoon --Epidermis-targeted gene transfer using in vivo electroporation / Hiroki Maruyama, Jun-Ichi Miyazaki and Fumitake Gejyo -- Gene and stem cell therapy of the hair follicle / Robert M. Hoffman.Isolation, characterization, and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jackie R. Bickenbach -- Keratin 19 as a stem cell marker in vivo and in vitro / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Immunolocalization in the epidermis / Tammy-Claire Troy ... [et al.] -- Epidermal cell analysis by RT-PCR / Tammy-Claire Troy ... [et al.] -- Whole-mount assays for gene induction and barrier formation in the developing epidermis / Carolyn Byrne and Matthew J. Hardman -- Analysis of early epidermal development in zebrafish / Ashley E. Webb and David Kimelman -- Analysis of E2F factors during epidermal differentiation / Wing Y. Chang and Lina Dagnino -- Analysis of HOX homeodomain proteins and gene transcripts in the epidermis / László G. Kömüves and Corey Largman -- Apoptosis in the epidermis / Kiyofumi Yamanishi, Chun-Shen Shen and Hitoshi Mizutani -- Fate of desmosomal proteins in apoptotic epidermal cells / Jörg Weiske and Otmar Huber --Primary mouse keratinocyte culture / Annalisa Pirrone, Barbara Hager, and Philip Fleckman -- Serial cultivation of primary adult murine keratinocytes / Richard P. Redvers and Pritinder Kaur -- Keratinocyte culture in the absence of substrate attachment / Monika Jost and Ulrich Rodeck -- Application of genetically modified feeder cells for culture of keratinocytes / Takashi Kameda and Toshihiro Sugiyama -- Organ culture of developing mouse skin and its application for molecular mechanistic studies of morphogenesis / Mariko Kashiwaga and Nam-ho Huh -- Experimental models to analyze differentiation functions of cultured keratinocytes in vitro and in vivo / Nicole Maas-Szabowski, Norbert E. Fusenig, and Hans-Jürgen Stark -- In vitro fabrication of engineered human skin / Alexander Margulis, Weitian Zhang and Jonathan A. Garlick -- In vivo labeling and analysis of epidermal stem cells / Wei-Yang Wu and Rebecca J. Morris -- Method for the harvest and assay of in vitro clonogenic keratinocytes stem cells from mice / Wei-Yang Wu and Rebecca J. Morris -- FACS enrichment of human keratinocyte stem cells / Amy Li and Pritinder Kaur --Promoter analysis in the human SPRR gene family / David F. Fischer and Claude Backendorf -- Stable integration of large PAC contructs in keratinocytes / Sarah H. Williams and Alain Hovnanian -- Targeted somatic mutagenesis in the mouse epidermis / Daniel Metzger, Mei Li, and Pierre Chambon -- Methods to study protein-protein interactions / Jin-Jun Meng ... [et al.] -- Isolation of recombinant phage-displayed antibodies recognizing skin keratinocytes / Kim Bak Jensen and Peter Kristensen -- Analysis of tissue-specific DNA methylation during development / Jun Ohgane, Naka Hattori and Kunio Shiota -- Serial analysis of gene expression in human keratinocytes and the epidermis / Bastiaan J.H. Jansen ... [et al.] -- Methods for gene expression profiling in dermatology research using DermArray® nylon filter DNA microarrays / Richard L. Davis Jr. ... [et al.] -- Two-photon fluorescence imaging and reactive oxygen species detection within the epidermis / Kerry M. Hanson and Robert M. Clegg -- In vivo transplantation of engineered human skin / Shari Greenberg, Alexander Margulis and Jonathan A. Garlick --
- Epithelial cell culture protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Essentials of clinical mycology. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer"Clinical Mycology" offers a comprehensive review of this discipline. Organized by types of fungi, this volume covers microbiologic, epidemiologic and demographic aspects of fungal infections as well as diagnostic, clinical, therapeutic, and preventive approaches. Special patient populations are also detailed.
- Evidence-based procedural dermatology 2012, SpringerCovers the spectrum of procedural dermatology, including skin cancer surgery, laser techniques, fillers and neurotoxins, minimally invasive cosmetic surgery, and emerging procedures.
- Facial rejuvenation 2007, Springer
- Female alopecia 2013, SpringerFew dermatologic problems carry as many emotional overtones as hair loss in women, which is by far the most common hair problem encountered in daily clinical practice. Fortunately, a specific diagnosis can usually be established through a detailed patient history, examination of the scalp and pattern of hair loss, a simple pull test, dermoscopy of the scalp and hair (trichoscopy), a few pertinent screening blood tests, and, in selected cases, a scalp biopsy. Once the diagnosis has been established, treatment appropriate to the diagnosis is likely to control the problem. The aim of this comprehensively illustrated monograph is to provide both specialists and primary care physicians with the practical know-how required for successful management of hair loss in female patients of all ages. The book opens by critically examining myths about hair loss. The different examination techniques are then described, and the various forms of hair loss and their treatment are discussed in detail. Approaches to follow-up are outlined, and the management of patient expectations is carefully considered. The potential role of hair care and cosmetics is also explored in some depth.
- Field guide to clinical dermatology. 2nd ed. 2006, OvidProper use of topical corticosteroids -- Atopic dermatitis -- Contact dermatitis -- Scabies -- Pediculosis -- Dyshidrotic eczema -- Stasis dermatitis -- Pruritis and excoriations with no primary skin lesions -- Acne vulgaris -- Perioral dermatitis -- Rosacea -- Seborrheic dermatitis -- Lupus erythematosus -- Dermatomyositis -- Urticaria -- Erythema multiforme -- Drug eruption -- Erythema migrans/Lyme disease -- Candidosis -- Psoriasis -- Pityriasis rosea -- Lichen planus -- Tinea -- Tinea versicolor -- Secondary syphilis -- Bullous pemphigoid -- Impetigo -- Herpes simplex -- Herpes zoster -- Pemphigus vulgaris -- Toxic epidermal necrolysis/Stevens-Johnson syndrome -- Seborrheic keratosis -- Squamous cell carcinoma -- Actinic keratosis -- Keratoacanthoma -- Basal cell carcinoma -- Melanocytic nevus -- Halo nevus -- Malignant melanoma -- Dyplastic nevus -- Dermatofibroma -- Skin tags -- Epidermoid cyst and pilar cyst -- Molluscum contagiosum -- Cherry angioma -- Granuloma annulare -- Folliculitis -- Pyogenic granuloma -- Milium -- Syringoma -- Furuncle and carbuncle -- Erythema nodosum -- Hidradenitis suppurativa -- Chondrodermatitis nodularis chronica helicis -- Keloid and hypertrophic scar -- Lipoma -- Xanthelasma -- Xanthoma -- Warts -- Kaposi's sarcoma -- Ecchymosis/actinic purpura -- Cutaneous vasculitis -- Postinflammatory hypopigmentation -- Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus -- Vitiligo -- Morphea (localized scleroderma) -- Scleroderma (progressive systemic sclerosis) -- Lentigo -- Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation -- Leg ulcers -- Onychomycosis -- Pseudomonas nails -- Acute paronychia and chronic paronychia -- Alopecia areata -- Androgenetic alopecia -- Telogen effluvium -- Punch biopsy -- Shave biopsy and shave excision -- Cryosurgery -- Electrodesiccation and curettage.
- Print Material
- Fitzpatrick's Color atlas and synopsis of clinical dermatology. 6th ed. 2009 (6th ed.)-2013 (7th ed.)., AccessMedicineFulltext 7th ed. (2013) AccessMedicineSect. 1: Disorders of sebaceous and apocrine glands -- Sect. 2: Eczema/dermatitis -- Sect. 3: Psoriasis -- Sect. 4: Ichthyoses -- Sect. 5: Miscellaneous epidermal disorders -- Sect. 6: Bullous diseases -- Sect. 7: Miscellaneous inflammatory disorders -- Sect. 8: Severe and life-threatening eruptions in the acutely ill patient -- Sect. 9: Benign neoplasms and hyperplasias -- Sect. 10: Photosensitivity, photo-induced disorders, and disorders by ionizing radiation -- Sect. 11: Precancerous lesions and cutaneous carcinomas -- Sect. 12: Melanoma precursors and primary cutaneous melanoma -- Sect. 13: Pigmentary disorders -- Sect. 14: The skin signs in immune, autoimmune, and rheumatic disorders -- Sect. 15: Endocrine, metabolic, nutritional, and genetic diseases -- Sect. 16: Skin signs or vascular insufficiency -- Sect. 17: Skin signs of renal insufficiency -- Sect. 18: Skin signs of systemic cancers -- Sect. 19: Skin signs of hematologic disease -- Sect. 20: Cutaneous lymphomas and sarcoma -- Sect. 21: Skin diseases in organ and bone marrow transplantation -- Sect. 22: Adverse cutaneous drug reactions -- Sect. 23: Disorders of psychiatric etiology -- Sect. 24: Bacterial infections involving the skin -- Sect. 25: Fungal infections of the skin and hair -- Sect. 26: Rickettsial infections -- Sect. 27: Viral infections of skin and mucosa -- Sect. 28: Arthropod insect bites, stings, and cutaneous infections -- Sect. 29: Systemic parasitic infections -- Sect. 30: Sexually transmitted infections -- Sect. 31: Human retroviral infections and mucocutaneous manifestations of HIV/AIDS disease -- Sect. 32: Disorders of hair follicles and related disorders -- Sect. 33: Disorders of the nail apparatus -- Sect. 34: Disorders of the mouth -- Sect. 35: Disorders of the genitalia, perineum, and anus -- Sect. 36: Generalized pruritus without skin lesions.
- Print Material
- Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in general medicine. 8th ed. 2012, AccessMedicinePart 1: Introduction. General considerations -- Approach to dermatologic diagnosis -- Overview of biology, development, and structure of skin. -- Part 2. Disorders presenting in skin and mucous membranes. Inflammatory disorders based on T-cell reactivity and dysregulation -- Inflammatory diseases based on neutrophyils and eosinophils -- Inflammatory diseases based on abnormal humeral reactivity and other inflammatory diseases -- Disorders of epidermal differentiation and keratinization -- Disorders of epidermal and dermal-epidermal cohesion and vesicular and bulbous disorders -- Disorders of the dermal connective tissue -- Disorders of subcutaneous tissue --- Disorders of melanocytes -- Disorders of the oral genital integument. -- Part 3. Disorders of the skin appendages. Disorders of the sebaceous glands -- Disorders of the eccrine and apocrine glands -- Disorders of the hair and nails. -- Part 4. Disorders due to the environment. Disorders due to ultraviolet radiation -- Skin changes due to other physical and chemical factors. -- Part 5. Neurocutaneous and psychocutaneous aspects of skin disease. Neurocutaneous and pshychocutaneous skin disease. -- Part 6. Skin changes across the span of life. From birth to old age. -- Part 7. Neoplasia. Carcinogenesis -- Epidermal and appendageal tumors -- Melanocytic tumors -- Tumors and hyperplasias of the dermis and subcutaneous fat. -- Part 8. The skin in systemic disease. Skin in nutritional, metabolic, and heritable disease -- Skin manifestations of bone marrow or blood chemistry disorders -- Skin manifestations of internal organ disorders -- The skin in vascular and connective tissue and other autoimmune disorders -- The skin in inflammatory and other vascular disorders. -- Part 9. Disease due to microbial agents, infestations, bites, and stings. Bacterial disease -- Fungal diseases -- Viral and rickettsial diseases ; Sexually transmitted diseases -- Infestations, bites and stings. -- Part 10. Occupational skin diseases and skin diseases due to biologic warfare. Occupational skin diseases -- The skin in bioterrorism and biologic warfare. -- Part 11. Therapeutics. Topical therapy -- Systemic therapy ; Physical treatments -- Complementary and alternative dermatology -- Surgery in dermatology -- Cosmetic dermatology.
- From melanocytes to melanoma 2006, SpringerThe origin and development of neural crest-derived melanocytes / Debra L. Silver and William J. Pavan -- MITF : a matter of life and death for the developing melanocytes / Heinz Arnheiter ... [et al.] -- MITF : critical regulator of the melanocyte lineage / Erez Feige, Laura L. Poling, and David E. Fisher -- Melanocytes and the transcription factor Sox10 / Michael Wegner -- Human cutaneous pigmentation : a collaborative act in the skin, directed by paracrine, autocrine, and endocrine factors and the environment / Zalfa A. Abdel-Malek and Ana Luisa Kadekaro -- Melanocyte distribution and function in human skin : effects of ultraviolet radiation / Yuji Yamaguchi and Vincent J. Hearing --Altered signal transduction in melanoma / Pablo López Bergami, Anindita Bhoumik, and Ze'ev Ronai -- BRN2 in melanocytic cell development, differentiation, and transformation / Anthony L. Cook ... [et al.] -- The dynamic roles of cell-surface receptors in melanoma development / Dong Fang and Meenhard Herlyn -- Familial melanoma genes, melanocyte immortalization, and melanoma initiation / Dorothy C. Bennett -- Genetic progression from melanocyte to malignant melanoma / Boris C. Bastian -- The multiple roles of the oncogenic protein SKI in human malignant melanoma / Dahu Chen ... [et al.] -- RB/E2F regulation and dual activity in the melanocytic system / Ruth Halaban -- Melanoma development and pigment cell transformation / Claudia Wellbrock -- The biology and genetics of melanoma / Norman E. Sharpless and Lynda Chin -- The biology of xeroderma pigmentosum : insights into the role of ultraviolet light in the development of melanoma / James E. Cleaver -- Divergent pathways to cutaneous melanoma / David C. Whiteman and Adéle C. Green -- Pigmentation, DNA repair, and candidate genes : the risk of cutaneous malignant melanoma in a mediterranean population / Maria Teresa Landi -- Low-penetrance genotypes, pigmentation phenotypes, and melanoma etiology / Peter A. Kanetsky and Timothy R. Rebbeck -- The biology of melanoma progression : from melanocyte to metastatic seeds / A. Neil Crowson, Cynthia Magro, and Martin C. Mihm, Jr. -- Optical imaging analysis of atypical nevi and melanoma / Amanda Pfaff Smith and Dorothea Becker -- Proteomics analysis of melanoma cell lines and cultured melanocytes / Katheryn A. Resing and Natalie G. Ahn --Paradigm of metastasis for malignant melanoma / Stanley P.L. Leong -- Repair of UV-induced DNA damage and melanoma risk / Qingyi Wei -- High risk factors for melanoma metastasis / Neil A. Accortt and Seng-jaw Soong -- Role of melanoma inhibitory activity in early development of malignant melanoma / Anja-Katrin Bosserhoff -- Role and regulation of PAR-1 in melanoma progression / Carmen Tellez and Menashe Bar-Eli -- Molecular mechanisms of melanoma metastasis / Mohammed Kashani-Sabet -- Overview of tumor progression in melanoma / David E. Elder -- The plasticity of melanoma cells and associated clinical implications / Mary J. C. Hendrix ... [et al.] -- The clinical use of molecular markers as predictors of disease outcome and response to therapy in malignant melanoma / Steve R. Martinez, Hiroya Takeuchi, Dave S.B. Hoon -- The role of DCT/TYRP2 in resistance of melanoma cells to drugs and radiation / Brian J. Pak and Yaacov Ben-David -- How melanoma cells evade chemotherapy : role of transporter-dependent and -independent resistance mechanisms / Kevin G. Chen and Michael M. Gottesman -- Apoptosis in melanoma: approaches to therapy / Heicke Röckmann and Dirk Schadendorf -- Role of melanoma-associated antigens / Rishab K. Gupta, Ana M. McElrath-Garza, and Donald L. Morton -- Host responses to melanoma : implications for immunotherapy / Julian A. Kim and Ernest Borden -- Future perspectives / Vincent J. Hearing and Stanley P.L. Leong.
- Hair follicle 2005, Springer
- Hair growth and disorders 2008, Springer
- Hair restoration surgery in Asians 2010, Springer
- Handbook of atopic eczema. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Handbook of burns. Volume 1, Acute burn care 2012, SpringerPart 1.History, epidemiology, prevention and education /A history of burn care.Leopoldo C. Cancio and Steven E. Wolf --Epidemiology and prevention of burns throughout the world /Michael D. Peck --Prevention of burn injuries /Anna Arno and Judy Knighton --Burns associated with wars and disasters /Jonathan B. Lundy and Leopoldo C. Cancio --Education in burns /Kunaal Jindal and Shahriar Shahrokhi --European practice guidelines for burn care: Minimum level of burn care provision in Europe /Pavel Brychta --Part 2.Pre-hospital and initial management of burns.Pre-hospital, fluid and early management, burn wound evaluation /Folke Sjöberg --Medical documentation of burn injuries /Herbert L. Haller, Michael Giretzlehner, Johannes Dirnberger and Robert Owen --Pathophysiology of burn injury /Gerd G. Gauglitz and Marc G. Jeschke --Anesthesia for patients with acute burn injuries /Lee C. Woodson, Edward Sherwood, Alexis McQuitty and Mark D. Talon --Diagnosis and management of inhalation injury /Tina L. Palmieri and Richard L. Gamelli --Respiratory management /Robert Cartotto --Part 3.Acute burn care and therapy.Organ responses and organ support /Kathryn L. Butler and Robert L. Sheridan --Critical care of thermally injured patient /Mette M. Berger, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Treatment of infection in burns /Gerd G. Gauglitz, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Acute treatment of severely burned pediatric patients /Gerd G. Gauglitz and Marc G. Jeschke --Adult burn management /Peter Dziewulski, Jorge-Leon Villapalos and Joan Pere Barret --Burns in older adults /Tam N. Pham --Acute management of facial burns /Peter Dziewulski and Jorge-Leon Villapalos --Hand burns /Benjamin P. Amis and Matthew B. Klein --Treatment of burns -- established and novel technology /Ludwik K. Branski, Manuel Dibildox, Shahriar Shahrokhi and Marc G. Jeschke --Wound healing /David A. Brown and Nicole S. Gibran --Pain management after burn trauma /Richard Girtler and Burkhard Gustorff --Nutrition support for the burn patient /Amalia Cochran, Jeffrey R. Saffle and Caran Graves --HBO and burns /Harald Andel --Nursing management of the burn-injured person /Judy Knighton and Mary Jako --Outpatient burn care /Bernd Hartmann and Christian Ottomann --Part 4.Non-thermal burns.Electrical injury /Brett D. Arnoldo, John L. Hunt and Gary F. Purdue --Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of chemical burns /Leila Kolios and Günter Germann --Necrotizing and exfoliative diseases of the skin /David A. Sieber, Gerard J. Abood and Richard L. Gamelli --Frostbite /Paul Kraincuk, Maike Keck, David Lumenta and Lars-Peter Kamolz.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases