Books by Subject
- Advanced operative dentistry 2011, ScienceDirectManagement of dental caries / David Ricketts, Graham Chadwick and Andrew Hall -- Periodontal disease / Angela Gilbert -- Endodontic problems in advanced operative dentistry / William Saunders -- Tooth wear / David Bartlett -- Aesthetic problems / David Bartlett -- Occlusion / David Ricketts -- Cores / Carol Tait and David Rickett -- Gold crowns / John Radford, Brian Stevenson -- Gold restorations / Graham Chadwick, John Radford and David Ricketts -- Metal ceramic crowns / Brian Stevenson -- All ceramic crowns / Andrew Hal and Graham Chadwick -- Inlays, onlays, and veneers / David Bartlett and David Ricketts -- Impression materials and techniques / David Ricketts -- Provisional restorations / John Radford and David Ricketts -- Getting the appearance correct / Brian Stevenson -- Complex multiple fixed and combined fixed and removable prosthodontics / David Bartlett and David Ricketts -- When and how to replace missing teeth / David Ricketts -- Minimal preparation (resin retained) bridges / David Ricketts -- Conventional bridges / David Bartlett and David Ricketts.
- Advanced surgical facial rejuvenation 2012, Springer
- Antibiotics and antiseptics in periodontal therapy 2011, Springer
- Biocompatibility of dental materials 2009, Springer
- Bisphosphonates and osteonecrosis of the jaw 2012, Springer1. Introduction / Robert E. Marx -- 2. Pharmacology: Mechanism of Action of Bisphosphonates / Angelina De Sarro and Letteria Minutoli -- 3. Use of Bisphosphonates in Oncology / Giuseppe Altavilla, Grazia Marabello, Chiara Tomasello and Vincenzo Pitini -- 4. Use of Bisphosphonates in Hematology / Caterina Musolino and Alessandro Allegra -- 5. Use of Bisphosphonates in Osteoporosis / Angelina De Sarro and Letteria Minutoli -- 6. Biomorphology in BIONJ: Anatomy and Histology / Giuseppina Cutroneo -- 7. Etiopathogenesis and Clinical Aspects of BIONJ / Santino Ferrara, Laura Vuolo, Annamaria Colao and Luigi Califano -- 8. Instrumental Diagnosis / Silvio Mazziotti, Achille Mileto, Michele Gaeta, Giorgio Ascenti, Ignazio Salamone, Carmela Visalli and Alfredo Blandino -- 9. Microbiological Aspects of Osteonecrosis of the Jaw / Stefania Leuci, Marco Friscia and Michele Davide Mignogna -- 10. Prevention and the Role of the Dentist / Giacomo Oteri -- 11. Conservative Treatment: Oxygen-Ozone Therapy / Alessandro Agrillo -- 12. Conservative Treatment: LASER (Biostimulation and Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatment) / Paolo Vescovi -- 13. Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatment / Claudio Marchetti, Gian Andrea Pelliccioni, Filippo Moretti, Francesco Saverio De Ponte, Giuseppe Lombardo and Carla Nava -- 14. Major Surgery in BIONJ / Luciano Catalfamo, Carla Nava, Giuseppe Lombardo and Francesco Saverio De Ponte -- 15. BRONJ: The Future / Salvatore L. Ruggiero.
- Breath odors 2011, Springer
- Chemicals in surgical periodontal therapy 2011, Springer
- Clinical oral medicine and pathology 2010, Springer
- Comparative dental morphology 2009., Karger
- Complications in endodontic surgery 2014, Springer"This book presents up-to-date recommendations for the prevention, diagnosis, and management of complications in endodontic surgical procedures, based on the best available scientific evidence. Common risks such as wound healing impairment, infection, and bleeding are discussed, and specific complications related to endodontic surgery, such as maxillary sinus involvement and damage to adjacent neurovascular structures, are reviewed. For each step of endodontic surgical procedures, surgical goals and possible outcomes are reviewed. Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative risk factors for complications are identified, and treatment options presented. Helpful decision-making algorithms, tables, and flow charts complement the reader-friendly text."--Publisher's website.
- Cone beam CT and 3D imaging 2014, SpringerCone beam computed tomography (CBCT) has become the standard of reference in dental imaging. The distribution of CBCT devices is increasingly wide, and the number of required examinations is constantly growing. In this setting, it is now essential that medical and technical staff receive specific training in the use of CBCT and that technical guidelines for CBCT examinations are established. This clearly structured book on CBCT will be an ideal aid in daily clinical practice. It clearly explains basic CBCT anatomy, examination technique, and the use of 3D reformatting software. A wide range of cases are presented, covering the most frequent and relevant conditions and pathologies, including dental anomalies, inflammatory and degenerative disease, tumors, and implants.
- Craniofacial sutures 2008., KargerDevelopmental anatomy of craniofacial sutures / Rice, D.P. -- Locate, condense, differentiate, grow and confront: developmental mechanisms controlling intramembranous bone and suture formation and function / Rice, D.P.; Rice, R. -- Mechanical influences on suture development and patency / Herring, S.W. -- Suture neontology and paleontology: the bases for where, when and how boundaries between bones have been established and have evolved / Depew, M.J.; Compagnucci, C.; Griffin, J. -- Single suture craniosynostosis: diagnosis and imaging / Hukki, J.; Saarinen, P.; Kangasniemi, M. -- Clinical features of syndromic craniosynostosis / Rice, D.P. --Genetics of craniosynostosis: genes, syndromes, mutations and genotype-phenotype correlations / Passos-Bueno, M.R. ... [et al.] -- Roles of FGFR2 and twist in human craniosynostosis: insights from genetic mutations in cranial osteoblasts / Marie, P.J.; Kaabeche, K.; Guenou, H. -- Fibroblast growth factor signaling in cranial suture development and pathogenesis / Hajihosseini, M.K. -- Tgf-€ regulation of suture morphogenesis and growth / Rawlins, J.T.; Opperman, L.A. -- The BMP pathway in skull vault development / Maxson, R.; Ishii, M. -- Current treatment of craniosynostosis and future therapeutic directions / Wan, D.C. ... [et al.].
- Dental erosion 2006, Karger
- Dental perspectives on human evolution 2007, SpringerDental evolution and dental morphology: Introduction / S.E. Bailey -- Patterns of molar variation in great apes and their implications for hominin taxonomy / V. Pilbrow -- Trends in postcanine occlusal morphology within the hominin clade : the case of Paranthropus / S.E. Bailey and B.A. Wood -- Maxillary molars cusp morphology of South African australopithecines / J. Moggi-Cecchi and S. Boccone -- Gran Dolina-TD6 and Sima de los Huesos dental samples : preliminary approach to some dental characters of interest for phylogenetic studies / M. Martinón-Torres ... [et al.] -- Neural network analysis by using the Self-Organizing Maps (SOMs) applied to human fossil dental morphology : a new methodology / F. Manni, R. Vargiu and A. Coppa -- Micro-computed tomography of primate molars : methodological aspects of three-dimensional data collection / A.J. Olejniczak, F.E. Grine and L.B. Martin -- HRXCT analysis of hominoid molars : a quantitative volumetric analysis and 3D reconstruction of coronal enamel and dentin / D.G. Gantt, J. Kappelman and R.A. Ketcham --Dental microstructure and life history: Introduction / R. Macchiarelli and S.E. Bailey -- Inferring primate growth, development and life history from dental microstructure : the case of the extinct Malagasy lemur, Megaladapis / G.T. Schwartz, L.R. Godfrey and P. Mahoney -- Histological study of an upper incisor and molar of a bonobo (Pan paniscus) individual / F. Ramirez Rossi and R.S. Lacruz -- New perspectives on chimpanzee and human molar crown development / T.M. Smith ... [et al.] -- Portable confocal scanning optical microscopy of Australopithecus africanus enamel structure / T.G. Bromage ... [et al.] -- Imbricational enamel formation in Neandertals and recent modern humans / D. Guatelli-Steinberg ... [et al.] -- Dental development: Introduction / B.A. Wood -- Of mice and monkeys : quantitative genetic analyses of size variation along the dental arcade / L.J. Hlusko and M.C. Mahaney -- Quantifying variation in human dental development sequences : an evo-devo perspective / J. Braga and Y. Heuze --Dental calcification stages of the permanent M1 and M2 in U.S. children of African-American and European-American ancestry born in the 1990s / J. Monge ... [et al.] -- A computerized model for reconstruction of dental ontogeny : a new tool for studying evolutionary trends in the dentition / P. Smith ... [et al.] -- Dentition and diet: Introduction / F.E. Grine -- An evaluation of changes in strontium/calcium ratios across the neonatal line in human deciduous teeth / L.T. Humphrey, M.C. Dean and T.E. Jeffries -- Dental topography and human evolution with comments on the diets of Australopithecus africanus and Paranthropus / P.S. Ungar -- Dental microwear and paleoanthropology : cautions and possibilities / M.F. Teaford -- Tooth wear and diversity in early hominid molars : a case study / L. Ulhaas, O. Kullmer and F. Schrenk -- 3-D interferometric microscopy applied to the study of buccal enamel microwear / F. Estebaranz ... [et al.].
- Dental pulp stem cells 2013, SpringerDental Evolution -- Tooth development -- Dental Pulp is a Connective Tissue -- Dental Pulp Stem Cells (DPSC) -- Isolation methods of DPSC -- Characterization of DPSC -- Reprogramming of DPSC to induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) -- Immunomodulatory effects of DPSC -- Dental Pulp is a Complex Adaptive System.
- Dento/oro/craniofacial anomalies and genetics. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Introduction : how the detection, assessment, diagnosis and monitoring of caries integrate with personalized caries management / Pitts, N.B. -- Clinical visual caries detection / Topping, G.V.A., Pitts, N.B. -- Traditional lesion detection aids / Neuhaus, K.W. ... [et al.] -- Novel lesion detection aids / Neuhaus, K.W. ... [et al.] -- Lesion activity assessment / Ekstrand, K.R. ... [et al.] -- Patient caries risk assessment / Twetman, S., Fontana, M. -- Dentition and lesion history / Eggertsson, H., Ferreira-Zandona, A. -- Assessing patients' health behaviours : essential steps for motivating patients to adopt and maintain behaviours conducive to oral health / Freeman, R., Ismail, A. -- Personalized treatment planning / Pitts, N.B., Richards, D. -- Background level care / Pitts, N.B. -- Traditional preventive treatment options / Longbottom, C., Ekstrand, K.R., Zero, D.T. -- Novel preventive treatment options / Longbottom, C. ... [et al.] -- Traditional operative treatment options / Ricketts, D.N.J., Pitts, N.B. -- Novel operative treatment options / Ricketts, D.N.J., Pitts, N.B. -- Recall, reassessment and monitoring / Clarkson, J.E. ... [et al.] -- Implementation : improving caries detection, assessment, diagnosis and monitoring / Pitts, N.B -- Glossary of key terms / Longbottom, C. ... [et al.].
- Citations include changes during past decades in the prevalence, distribution, and progression of dental caries have implications for diagnosis, treatment, prediction of risk, and prevention in individuals or populations. Traditional approaches for treating carious lesions in a surgical manner are being replaced by newer strategies that emphasize disease prevention and conservation. Citations for this bibliography were gathered from journal articles and conference papers written primarily in English and including both human and animal studies.
- Endodontics. Fourth edition. 2014, ScienceDirectTooth development, morphology and physiology / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Biological and clinical rationale for vital pulp therapy / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Biological and clinical rationale for root canal treatment / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Diagnosis of endodontic problems / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Treatment planning / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Pre-endodontic management / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Delivery of endodontic treatment -- Vital pulp therapy / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Non-surgical root canal treatment / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Management of root canal treatment failure / Yuan-Ling Ng, Kishor Gulabivala -- Management of emergencies and traumatic injuries / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- Management of root resorption / Yuan-Ling Ng, Kishor Gulabivala -- The perio-endo interface / Kishor Gulabivala, Ulpee Darbar, Yuan-Ling Ng -- The ortho-endo interface / Kishor Gulabivala, Farhad Naini -- The restorative-endo interface / Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- The medical-endo interface / Alexander Mustard, Kishor Gulabivala -- The orofacial pain-endo interface / Rachel Leeson, Kishor Gulabivala, Yuan-Ling Ng -- The oral medicine/oral surgery-endo interface / Rachel Leeson, Kishor Gulabivala.
- Etiology and pathogenesis of periodontal disease 2010, SpringerEtiology of periodontal disease: dental plaque and calculus -- Periodontal microbiology -- Particular aspects of periodontal disease pathogenesis -- Interrelationships between periodontal disease and mortality, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus -- Interrelationships between periodontal disease and adverse pregnancy outcomes, respiratory disease, rheumatoid arthritis, renal disease, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, Alzheimer disease; Assessing confounding and effect modification -- Genetic variability and periodontal disease -- Implication of systemic osteoporosis on oral health -- Psychological pathways in the pathogenesis of periodontal disease -- Periodontal-restorative interactions -- Endodontic and periodontal interrelationship -- Occlusal considerations in pathogenesis of periodontal disease -- Orthodontics and periodontics.
- Fluoride and the oral environment 2011, KargerFluoride intake of children : considerations for dental caries and dental fluorosis / M.A.R. Buzalaf, S.M. Levy -- Fluoride metabolism / M.A.R. Buzalaf, G.M. Whitford -- Contemporary biological markers of exposure to fluoride / A.J. Rugg-Gunn, A. E. Villa, M.A.R. Buzalaf -- Historical and recent biological markers of exposure to fluoride / J.P. Pessan, M.A.R. Buzalaf -- Acute toxicity of ingested fluoride / G.M. Whitford -- Chronic fluoride toxicity : dental fluorosis / P. DenBesten, W. Li -- Mechanisms of action of fluoride for caries control / M.A.R. Buzalaf ... [et al.] -- Topical use of fluorides for caries control / J.P. Pessan, K.J. Toumba, M.A.R. Buzalaf -- Systemic fluoride / F. C. Sampaio, S. M. Levy -- Oral fluoride reservoirs and the prevention of dental caries / G.L. Vogel -- Fluoride in dental erosion / A.C. Magalhães ... [et al.].
- Genetic variants in periodontal health and disease 2010, SpringerClassification of periodontal diseases -- Evidence for the role of genetic variants in periodontitis -- A gene mutation of major effect on human disease and its association with periodontitis -- Modifying disease genes in relation to periodontitis -- Heritability of chronic periodontitis -- Heritability of aggressive periodontitis -- Heritability of gingivitis -- Heritability of peri-implantitis -- Common guidelines for association studies -- Clinical utility of genetic knowledge.
- Improving oral health for the elderly 2008, SpringerPart I: Population health and well-being -- The aging U.S. population / Steven M. Albert -- The Oral disease burden faced by older adults / Ira B. Lamster and Natalie D. Crawford -- Social disparities in oral health and health care for older adults / Luisa N. Borrell -- Access, place of residence and interdisciplinary opportunities / Janet A. Yellowitz --Part II: Health and medical considerations -- Movement disorders in dental practice / Nina M. Browner and Steven Frucht -- Cognitive impairment / James M. Noble and Nikolaos Scarmeas -- Musculoskeletal conditions / Jennifer L. Kelsey -- Cardiovascular, cerebrovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus: co-morbidities that affect dental care for the older patient / Neerja Bhardwaj ... [et al.] -- Geriatric pharmacology: principles and implications for oral health / Brian C. Scanlan -- Management of alcohol and tobacco dependence in older adults / David A. Albert --Part III: Oral health and dental considerations -- Normal oral mucosal, dental, periodontal, and alveolar bone changes associated with aging / Stefanie L. Russell and Jonathan A. Ship -- The relationship between periodontal disease and systemic disease in the elderly / Dana L. Wolf and Panos N. Papapanou -- Caries, tooth loss, and conventional tooth replacement for older patients / Ejvind Budtz-Jørgensen and Frauke Müller -- Implant dentistry as an approach to tooth replacement for older adults / Hans-Peter Weber -- Saliva and the salivary glands in the elderly / Louis Mandel -- Mastication, nutrition, oral health and health in older patients / Angus W.G. Walls -- Orofacial pain and neurological disorders affecting the head and neck / Ali Makki and Susan Roche -- Oral pathology affecting older adults / David J. Zegarelli, Victoria L. Woo, and Angela J. Yoon --Part IV: Professional recommendations and future needs -- Educating the dental profession / Lynn M. Tepper -- Dental services among elderly Americans: utilization, expenditures, and their determinants / L. Jackson Brown -- Conclusion: interdisciplinary planning to meet the oral health care needs of older adults / Mary E. Northridge and Ira B. Lamster.
- Interface Oral Health Science 2009 2010, Springer
- Interface oral health science 2011 2012, Springer
- Maxillofacial imaging 2006, Springer
- 1. Milk, nutrition and human health / A. J. Rugg-Gunn and P. E. Petersen -- 2. Clinical studies / J. Bánóczy and A.J. Rugg-Gunn -- 3. Basic science studies / W. M. Edgar -- 4. The addition of fluoride to milk / A. E. Villa -- 5. The Implementation of community based programmes / S. M. Woodward -- 6. Evaluating fluoride exposure in milk fluoridation programmes / A. E. Villa -- 7. Programme evaluation / P. E. Petersen and A. J. Rugg-Gunn -- 8. Conclusions
- Neurobiology of orthodontics 2009, SpringerExperience changes the brain -- Functional and dysfunctional aspects of cerebral cortex -- Sensory deprivation of the brain -- Looking Into the "Black Box" -- Language and speech -- Mastication in man -- Occlusion and mastication -- Applied neurophysiological concepts in orthodontics -- Clinical brain function -- Orthodontic avenues to neuroplasticity.
- Nutrition and oral medicine 2005, SpringerImpact of dietary quality and nutrition on general health status / Connie C. Mobley and Teresa Marshall -- Pregnancy, child nutrition, and oral health / Connie C. Mobley and Elizabeth Reifsnider -- Age-related changes in oral health status affects on diet and nutrition / Carole A. Palmer -- Impact of the environment, ethnicity, and culture on nutrition and health / Joanne Kouba -- Bidirectional impact of oral health and general health / Angela Kamer, David A. Sirois, and Maureen Huhmann -- Impacts and interrelationships between medications -- Nutrition, diet, and oral health / Miriam Robbins -- Oral consequences of compromised nutritional well being / Paula J. Moynihan and Peter Lingstom -- Nutritional consequences of oral conditions and diseases / A. Ross Kerr and Riva Touger-Decker -- Complementary and alternative medical practices and their impact on oral and nutritional health / Ruth M. DeBusk and Diane Rigassio Radler -- Emerging research and practices regarding nutrition, diet and oral medicine / Shelby Kashket and Dominick P. DePaola -- Diabetes mellitus: nutrition and oral health relationships / Riva Touger Decker, David A. Sirois, and Anthony T. Vernillo -- Oral and pharyngeal cancer / Douglas E. Morse -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Anita Patel and Michael Glick -- Autoimmune diseases / David A. Sirois and Riva Touger-Decker -- Osteoporosis / Elizabeth A. Krall -- Wound healing / Marion F. Winkler and Suzanne Makowski -- Approaches to oral nutrition health risk assessment / Riva Touger-Decker and David A. Sirois -- Oral medicine and nutrition education / Riva Touger-Decker and David A. Sirois.
- Nutrition and oral medicine. Second edition. 2014, SpringerNutrition and Oral Medicine, Second Edition addresses the complex, multifaceted relationships between nutrition and oral health, explores proposed relationships between oral, systemic and nutritional well-being and provides insights into interprofessional, comprehensive care for individuals. Chapters focus on diet, nutrition and oral health promotion and disease prevention across the lifespan, oral and dental diseases and disorders, oral manifestations of systemic diseases, and discussions of the synergy between oral tissues and nutrients. Cutting edge research issues regarding the relationship of individual antioxidants, trace elements, polyphenols and other nutrient substrates and oral health/disease, nutrigenomics, screening for nutrition and oral risk and other areas are covered in detail. Editors and authors include experts in nutrition and oral health from around the world. Nutrition and Oral Medicine, Second Edition is a invaluable resource for health professionals in the fields of nutrition and dentistry as well as other disciplines whose research, practice and education includes nutrition and oral medicine. It is an excellent resource for graduate level nutrition and dental students, dental and nutrition practitioners, educators and researchers as well as other health professionals.
- Operative dentistry 2006, Springer
- Oral and cranial implants 2013, SpringerDentists are routinely faced with a huge choice of implant systems from different manufacturers, each of whom claims that its own particular system has advantages over the others. There is consequently a need for an evidence-based review of the field that offers authoritative practical guidance for dental practitioners. Oral and Cranial Implants: Recent Research Developments has been written with this in mind. It brings together all the recent key developments in implant research and discusses the underlying science relating to implant procedures and failures.
- Oral and maxillofacial medicine. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Oral biology 2010, Springer ProtocolsGene therapy of salivary diseases -- Collection, storage, and processing of saliva samples for downstream molecular applications -- Proteomic analysis of saliva: 2D gel electrophoresis, LC-MS/MS, and Western blotting -- Transcriptomic analyses of saliva -- The oral microbiota : General overview, taxonomy, and nucleic acid techniques -- Microbial community profiling using terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism (T-RFLP) and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) -- Protocols to study the physiology of oral biofilms -- Adhesion of yeast and bacteria to oral surfaces -- Quantitative analysis of periodontal pathogens by ELISA and real-time polymerase chain reaction -- Bacterial viability determination in a dentinal tubule infection model by confocal laser scanning microscopy -- Characterization of anti-competitor activities produced by oral bacteria -- Natural transformation of oral streptococci -- Use of in vivo-induced antigen technology (IVIAT) to identify virulence factors of porphyromonas gingivalis -- Oral bacterial genome sequencing using the high-throughput roche genome sequencer FLX system -- Use of a yeast-based membrane protein expression technology to overexpress drug resistance efflux pumps -- Explant culture of embryonic craniofacial tissues : Analyzing effects of signaling molecules on gene expression -- A method to isolate, purify, and characterize human periodontal ligament stem cells -- Preclinical methods for the evaluation of periodontal regeneration in vivo -- Proteomic analysis of dental tissue microsamples -- Immunological techniques : ELISA, flow cytometry, and immunohistochemistry -- Analysis of immune responses to purified recombinant antigens of periodontal pathogens -- Single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis for the diagnosis of T-cell clonality in periodontal disease -- Real-time PCR focused-gene array profiling of gingival and periodontal ligament fibroblasts -- The use of gene arrays in deciphering the pathobiology of periodontal diseases -- Bioinformatics techniques in microarray research : Applied microarray data analysis using R and SAS software.
- Oral cytology 2013, Springer
- Oral health surveys. 5th ed. 2013, WHO
- Oral surgery 2007, Springer
- Orofacial pain 2014, Springer
- Orthopantomography 2013, SpringerTechnique and Normal Anatomy -- Hints of Technique and Methodology -- Normal Anatomy -- Elementary Radiographical Semeiotics and Pathological Terminology -- Alterations of Number, Orientation, Seat, Morphology, Width and Structure of the Dental Element -- Caries -- Periapical Lesions -- The Periodontal Disease -- Cystic Lesions and Maxillary Tumours -- OPT in Post-treatment Evaluation.
- Osteomyelitis of the jaws 2009, Springer
- Periodontal disease 2012, KargerSubgingival biofilm structure / V. Zijnge, T. Ammann -- Microbial diversity and interactions in subgingival biofilm communities / P.I. Diaz -- Innate cellular responses to the periodontal biofilm / M. Benakanakere, D.F. Kinane -- Neutrophils in periodontal inflammation / D.A. Scott, J.L. Krauss -- Antimicrobial peptides in periodontal innate defense / S.-U. Gorr -- Modern approaches to non-surgical biofilm management / D.A. Apatzidou -- Animal models to study host-bacteria interactions involved in periodontitis / D.T. Graves ... [et al.] -- Antimicrobial advances in treating periodontal diseases / A. Mombelli -- Regenerative periodontal therapy / D.W.K. Kao, J.P. Fiorellini -- Paradigm shift in the pharmacological management of periodontal diseases / H. Hasturk, A. Kantarci, T.E. Van Dyke.
- Pocket atlas of endodontics 2006, Thieme Book
- Pocket atlas of oral diseases. 2nd ed. 2006, Thieme BookWhite lesions -- Red lesions -- Black and brown lesions -- Vesiculobullous lesions -- Ulcerative lesions -- Papillary lesions -- Gingival enlargement -- Soft-tissue tumors -- Soft-tissue cysts -- Bone swellings -- Neck swellings -- Lip lesions.
- Principles and practice of single implant and restoration 2014, ScienceDirect
- Puzzle of orofacial pain 2007, KargerOrofacial pain : a challenge and chance (not only) for dentistry / Turp, J.C., Hugger, A., Sommer, C. -- Characteristics of muscle nociception / Mense, S. -- Nociceptors of the joint with particular reference to silent nociceptors / Schaible, H.-G. -- Inflammatory mediators in temporomandibular joint pain / Kopp, S., Sommer, C. -- The role of reproductive hormones in orofacial pain / LeResche, L. -- Pathophysiology of orofacial pain / Sessle, B. -- Dental pain : pathophysiology and management / Khan, A.A., Hargreaves, K.M. -- Myofascial temporomandibular disorder pain : pathophysiology and management / Schindler, H.J., Svensson, P. -- Painful arthrogenous temporomandibular disorders : pathophysiology, diagnosis, management and prognosis / Steenks, M.H., Hugger, A., de Wijer, A. -- Neuralgic and idiopathic facial pain : pathophysiology and management / Sommer, C. -- Burning mouth syndrome : pathophysiology and management / Zakrzewska, J., Renton, T. -- Psychosocial impact of orofacial Pain / Dworkin, S.F. -- A rationale for the classification of orofacial pain / Woda, A. -- Orofacial pain: past and future / Greene, C.S. -- The end of an era: orofacial pain enters the genomic age : implications and opportunities for research and the care of patients / Stohler, C.S.
- Stress and orality 2014, SpringerAre oral disorders only an issue for dentists? The answer is no. If your patients complain of pain and/or discomfort, if some are diagnosed as suffering from migraines, fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue, and if classical therapies have remained ineffective, this book could help in your daily practice. When it comes to the complex pathology called Temporo-Mandibular Disorders (TMD) most specialists favour a multidisciplinary approach and treatment of socio-psycho-emotional factors as well as dental, lingual or postural disorders. Yet little is known - from a clinical point of view - about a tricky oral spastic habit called severe teeth clenching. In view of the lack of clinical findings from classical investigations on the subject, it could be considered as the hidden part of an oral parafunctional iceberg. Neuroscience has been able to shed some light on the multiple connections between trigeminal and non-trigeminal nervous centres, which confirms the significant involvement of the stomatognathic system and trigeminal nerves (V) in both oral as well as non-oral major functions such as eating, breathing, speaking, hearing, and standing and also confirms the extensive participation of the paired Vs in the human adaptation process. Too many physicians are still reluctant to admit the pathological responsibilities of the Vs. Therefore their role remains largely underestimated by clinicians. Stress conditions in introverted people cause a parafunctional habit (i.e. severe clenching), which in turn produces trigeminal overstimulation and nociception. Through a process of sensitization this can perturb some non-trigeminal nervous areas, such as the vestibular nuclei and cerebellum (involved in equilibrium). Would you then be willing to accept the possibility that a stressed and introverted patient who clenches hard, durably or frequently may end up suffering from dizziness? If not, this book is not for you. But if you accept the scientific data and clinical facts this book will offer a concrete therapeutic protocol: the Relaxing and Moderating Treatment (RMT), which can greatly help you to familiarize yourself with and neutralize this little known deleterious spastic oral parafunction and its many disconcerting pain-causing and dysfunctional clinical effects. Prepare to be amazed by the results, just as we were!
- Teeth and their environment 2006, KargerOn the relationship between calculus and caries / Duckworth, R.M., Huntington, E. -- The structure, function and properties of the acquired pellicle / Hannig, M., Joiner, A. -- Model parameters and their influence on the outcome of in vitro demineralisation and remineralisation studies / Lynch, R.J.M. -- Tooth wear / Pickles, M.J. -- Nanomechanics, chemistry and structure at the enamel surface / Mann, A.B., Dickinson, M.E. -- Plaque as a reservoir for active ingredients / Duckworth, R.M., Gao, X.J.
- Toothpastes 2013, KargerAn introduction to toothpaste : its purpose, history, and ingredients / Lippert, F. -- Fluorides and non-fluoride remineralization systems / Amaechi, B.T., van Loveren, C. -- Antiplaque and antigingivitis toothpastes / Sanz, M., Serrano, J.; Iniesta, M.; Santa Cruz, I., Herrera, D. -- The role of toothpastes in oral malodor management / Dadamio, J., Laleman, I., Quirynen, M. -- Anti-calculus and whitening toothpastes / van Loveren, C., Duckworth, R.M. -- The role of toothpaste in the aetiology and treatment of dentine hypersensitivity / Addy, M., West, N.X. -- Toothpaste and erosion / Ganss, C., Schulze, K., Schlueter, N. -- Abrasivity testing of dentifrices : challenges and current state of the art / González-Cabezas C., Hara, A., Hefferren, J., Lippert, F. -- Laboratory and human studies to estimate anticaries efficacy of fluoride toothpastes / Tenuta, L.M.A., Cury, J.A. -- Pharmacokinetics in the oral cavity : fluoride and other active ingredients / Duckworth, R.M. -- After-brush rinsing protocols, frequency of toothpaste use : fluoride and other active ingredients / Parnell, C., O'Mullane, D.
- Trigeminal nerve injuries 2013, SpringerHistorical Perspectives on Trigeminal Nerve Injuries -- Classification of Nerve Injuries -- Etiology and Prevention of Nerve Injuries -- Injection Injuries of the Trigeminal Nerve -- Third Molar Injuries of the Trigeminal Nerve -- Dental Implant-Related Injuries of the Trigeminal Nerve -- Nerve Repositioning Injuries of the Trigeminal Nerve -- Orthognathic Injuries of the Trigeminal Nerve -- Nerve Injury and Regeneration -- Clinical Evaluation of Nerve Injuries -- Imaging of the Trigeminal Nerve -- Nonsurgical Management of Trigeminal Nerve Injuries -- Surgical Management of Lingual Nerve Injuries -- Surgical Management of Inferior Alveolar Nerve Injuries -- Surgical Management of Facial Nerve Injuries -- Nerve Grafts and Conduits -- Complications of Trigeminal Nerve Repair -- Neurosensory Rehabilitation -- Outcomes of Trigeminal Nerve Repair -- Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment of Trigeminal Nerve Injuries.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases