Books by Subject
- Acute care surgery 2007, SpringerPart I. General Principles -- Initial Assessment and Early Resuscitation / Louis H. Alarcon and Andrew B. Peitzman -- The Operating Theater for Acute Care Surgery / Kenneth L. Mattox -- Anesthesia and Acute Care Surgery / Omid Moayed and Richard P. Dutton -- Fundamental Operative Approaches in Acute Care Surgery / David J. Ciesla and Ernest E. Moore -- The Perioperative Management of the Acute Care Surgical Patient / Craig M. Coopersmith and Timothy G. Buchman -- The Hemodynamically Labile Patient: Cardiovascular Adjuncts and Assist Devices / Edward E. Cornwell and Preeti R. John -- Principles and Practice of Nutritional Support for Surgical Patients / Maheswari Senthil, Bobby Rupani, Jondavid H. Jabush and Edwin A. Deitch -- The Intensive Care Unit: The Next-Generation Operating Room / Philip S. Barie, Soumitra R. Eachempati and Jian Shou -- Burns / Basil A. Pruitt and Richard L. Gamelli -- Electrical and Lightning Injuries / Raphael C. Lee -- Soft Tissue Infections / Anthony A. Meyer, Jeffrey E. Abrams, Thomas L. Bosshardt and Claude H. Organ -- The Open Abdomen: Management from Initial Laparotomy to Definitive Closure / Fred A. Luchette, Stathis J. Poulakidas and Thomas J. Esposito -- Acute Care Surgery and the Elderly / Patrick K. Kim, Donald R. Kauder and C. William Schwab -- Acute Care Surgery in the Rural Setting / Dana Christian Lynge, Nicholas W. Morris and John G. Hunter -- Prehospital Care in the Acute Setting / Norman E. McSwain -- Disaster and Mass Casualty Management / Eric R. Frykberg -- Principles of Injury Prevention and Control / M. Margaret Knudson and Larisa S. Speetzen -- Education: Surgical Simulation in Acute Care Surgery / Lenworth M. Jacobs and Karyl J. Burns -- Part II. Organ-Based Approach -- Pharynx and Larynx / Ernest M. Myers -- Head and Neck: Pediatrics / Reza Rahbar and Gerald B. Healy -- Esophagus / George C. Velmahos, Nahid Hamoui, Peter F. Crookes and Demetrios Demetriades -- Central Nervous System / Peter B. Letarte -- Chest Wall / John C. Mayberry and Donald D. Trunkey -- Lungs and Pleura / Riyad Karmy-Jones and J. Wayne Meredith -- Heart / Matthew S. Slater -- Thoracic Aorta / Peter I. Ellman and Irving L. Kron -- Diaphragm / Michel B. Aboutanos, Therèse M. Duane, Ajai K. Malhotra and Rao R. Ivatury -- Abdominal Wall / Jeffrey A. Claridge and Martin A. Croce -- Foregut / Philip E. Donahue-- Small Intestine / Juliet Lee, Todd Ponsky and Jeffrey L. Ponsky -- Liver and Biliary Tract / Spiros P. Hiotis and Hersch L. Pachter -- Pancreas / Juan A. Asensio, Patrizio Petrone and L. D. Britt -- Spleen / L. D. Britt -- Intraabdominal Vasculature / George H. Meier and Hosam F. El Sayed -- Colon and Rectum / Herand Abcarian -- Urogenital Tract / Nejd F. Alsikafi, Sean P. Elliott, Maurice M. Garcia and Jack W. McAninch -- Pelvis / Craig M. Rodner and Bruce D. Browner -- Lower Extremities / Tina A. Maxian and Michael J. Bosse -- Hand and Upper Extremities / David T. Netscher and Idris Gharbaoui -- Peripheral Vasculature / David V. Feliciano -- Part III. Administration, Ethics, and Law -- Understanding the Latest Changes in EMTALA: Our Country's Emergency Care Safety Net / Thomas R. Russell -- Informed Surgical Consent / Linda S. Laibstain and Robert C. Nusbaum -- Advance Directives / David G. Jacobs -- The Nonviable Patient and Organ Procurement / Frederic J. Cole, Jay N. Collins and Leonard J. Weireter -- Ethical Dilemmas and the Law / Ira J. Kodner, Daniel M. Freeman, Robb R. Whinney and Douglas J. E. Schuerer -- Part IV. System and Curriculum Development -- Development of a Regional System for Surgical Emergencies (RSSE) / A. Brent Eastman, David B. Hoyt and J. Wayne Meredith -- Acute Care Surgery: A Proposed Curriculum / L. D. Britt and Michael F. Rotondo -- Emergency General Surgery: The Vanderbilt Model / José J. Diaz, Oscar D. Guillamondegui and John A. Morris -- Part V. The International Communities -- Acute Care Surgery: United Kingdom / Bernard F. Ribeiro, Simon Paterson-Brown, Murat Akyol, Michael Walsh and Andrew Sim, et al. -- Acute Care Surgery: Australia / Thomas Kossmann and Ilan S. Freedman -- Acute Care Surgery: Japan / Kyoichi Takaori and Nobuhiko Tanigawa.
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency 2008, SpringerAdvances on critical care -- Airway -- Trauma -- Obstetrics -- Paediatric anaesthesia -- Cardiac arrest -- Infections, sepsis, organ dysfunction -- Perioperative care -- Quality of care in the ICU.
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency - A.P.I.C.E. 2006, Springer
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency - A.P.I.C.E. 2007, Springer
- pt. I. Continuing medical education -- 1. Can I Think what I Read? / Philip D. Lumb -- pt. II. Clinical pharmacology -- 2. Pharmacological Manipulation in ICU / Daniel De Backer, Katia Donadello and Sabino Scolletta -- pt. III. Kidney -- 3. Renal Injury / Vladimir Gašparović, Ivan Gornik -- pt. IV. Ventilation: adult and paediatric -- 4. Respiratory Mechanics: Principles, Utility and Advances / Alysson R. Carvalho, Walter A. Zin -- 5. Capnometry/capnography in Prehospital Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Štefek Grmec, Katia Lah and Štefan Mally -- 6. Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation / Irene Cortés Puch, Andrés Esteban -- 7. Ventilatory Strategies in Acute Lung Injury / Edoardo Calderini, Sara Sher and Eleonora Allegritti -- 8. Mechanical Ventilation Beyond the PICU / Giancarlo Ottonello, Alessia Franceschi -- pt. V. Cardiovascular monitoring 9. The Nexfin Monitor--A Totally Non-Invasive Cardiac Output Monitor / Azriel Perel, Wilbert Wesselink and Jos Settels -- 10. Doppler Echocardiography in ICU Patients: Does It Improve Outcome? / Jan Poelaert -- pt. VI. Management of cardiac arrest -- 11. Mild Therapeutic Hypothermia after Cardiac Arrest / Tommaso Pellis, Vincenzo Mione and Willy P. Mercante -- 12. Nasopharyngeal Cooling During Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Francesco Fumagalli, Giuseppe Ristagno -- 13. Amplitude Spectrum Area as a Predictor of Successful Defibrillation / Giuseppe Ristagno, Yongqin Li, Antonino Gullo and Joe Bisera --pt. VII. Advances in experimental and clinical research -- 14. Physiopathology and Severity of Post-Resuscitation Myocardial Dysfunction: Effects of Sodium-Hydrogen Exchanger Isoform-1 (NHE-1) Inhibitors and Erythropoietin / Raúl J. Gazmuri, Iyad M. Ayoub and Jeejabai Radhakrishnan -- 15. Experimental Treatment for Preservation of Mechanically Competent Cardiac Activity Following Cardiac Arrest / Iyad M. Ayoub, Jeejabai Radhakrishnan and Raúl J. Gazmuri -- 16. Erythropoietin Facilitates Return of Spontaneous Circulation and Survival in Victims of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest / Štefek Grmec, Matej Strand and Raúl J. Gazmuri -- pt. VIII. Infections, sepsis and organ dysfunctions -- 17. Pathophysiology of Resistance amongst Aerobic Gram-negative Bacilli in Particular Acinetobacter Species / Nia Taylor, Luciano Silvestri and Hendrick K.F. Van Saene -- 18. What Have We Learned from the Surviving Sepsis Campaign? / Jean-Louis Vincent, Katia Donadello and Leonardo Gottin -- 19. Source Control / Gabriele Sganga, Valerio Cozza -- 20. Immunoglobulins in Sepsis / Giorgio Berlot, Claudio M. Vassallo and Nicola Busetto -- pt. IX. Perioperative medicine -- 22. Perioperative Medicine--An Introduction / Antonino Gullo, Chiara M. Celestre, Annalaura Paratore and Fortunato Stimoli -- 23. Neuraxial Analgesia for Caesarean and Vaginal Delivery and Childhood Learning Disabilities / Juraj Sprung, Randall Flick and David Warner -- 24. Off-label Drugs in Perioperative Medicine: Clonidine / Cesare Gregoretti, Paolo Pelosi -- pt. X. Spinal cord stimulation -- 25. Cost Effectiveness of Spinal Cord Stimulation in the Management of Severe Angina / Mats Börjesson, Clas Mannheimer -- pt. XI. Neurotrauma -- 26. Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures in Neurotrauma / Marco Zanello, Matteo Vincenzi and Marco Bandini -- pt. XII. Disaster medicine -- 27. Disaster Preparedness / Francesco Della Corte, Pier Luigi Ingrassia -- 28. Medical Emergency Response in Toxicological Mass Casualty / Pier Luigi Ingrassia, Luca Ragazzoni and Francesco Della Corte -- pt. XIII. Quality of care -- 29. Telemedicine to Improve Care in the Critically Ill / Gastón Murias, Bernat Sales Lluis Blanch -- 30. Professionalism, Quality of Care and Pay-for-Performance Services / Antonino Gullo, Cristina Santonocito, Paolo Murabito and Marinella Astuto.
- Annual update in intensive care and emergency medicine 2011-, Springer
- Applied physiology in intensive care medicine 2006, Springer
- Applied physiology in intensive care medicine. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Atlas of emergency medicine. 3rd ed. 2010, AccessMedicineHead and facial trauma / David W. Munter, Timothy D. McGuirk -- Opthalmalogic conditions / Frank Birinyi, Thomas F. Mauger -- Fundoscopic findings / David Effron, Beverly C. Forcier, and Richard E. Wyszynski -- Ophthalmic trauma / Dallas E. Peak, Carey D. Chisholm, and Kevin J. Knoop -- Ear, nose, and throat conditions / Edward C. Jauch, Timothy Kaufman, and Kevin J. Knoop -- Mouth / Edwin D. Turner, Edward C. Jauch -- Chest and abdomen / Stephen Corbett, Lawrence Stack, and Kevin Knoop -- Urologic conditions / Jeffrey D. Bondesson -- STDs and anorectal conditions / Diane M. Birnbaumer, Lynn K. Flowers -- Gynecologic and obstetric conditions / Robert G. Buckley, Kevin J. Knoop -- Extremity trauma / Deborah Gutman, Daniel L. Savitt, and Alan B. Storrow -- Extremity conditions / Selim Suner, Daniel L. Savitt -- Cutaneous conditions / Sean P. Collins -- Pediatric conditions / Javier A. Gonzalez del Ray and Richard M. Ruddy -- Child abuse / Robert A. Shapiro and Charles J. Schubert -- Environmental conditions / Ken Zafren, R. Jason Thurman, and Alan B. Storrow -- Toxicologic -- Wounds and soft tissue injuries / Matthew D. Sztajnkrycer and Alexander T. Trott -- Forensic medicine / William S. Smock and Lawrence B. Stack -- HIV conditions / Shane Cline and Michael Krentz -- Tropical medicine -- Airway procedures -- EKG-- Emergency ultrasound / Paul R. Sierzenski, Michael J. Lambert, and Theodore J. Neilson -- Microscopic findings / Diane M. Birnbaumer.
- Avoiding common ICU errors 2007, Ovid
- Bedside procedures for the intensivist 2010, Springer
- Bedside procedures in the ICU 2012, Springer1. Sedation and Analgesia / Christiana C. Burt and Jurgens Nortje -- 2. Airway Management and Intubation / Monica Trivedi -- 3. Bronchoscopy / Karthik Santhanakrishnan and Jasvir Singh Parmar -- 4. Percutaneous Dilatational Tracheostomy / Robert Martynoga and Chris Danbury -- 5. Arterial and Venous Catheter Insertion / Stephen Webb and Gordon Mijovski -- 6. Advanced Non-Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring / Elizabeth E. Turner and Andrew J. Patterson -- 7. Temporary Cardiac Pacing / Annette van de Sandt and Marc W. Merx -- 8. DC Cardioversion / Annette Vegas and Jane Heggie -- 9. Pericardiocentesis / Adnan Sadiq and Michael Wall -- 10. Intercostal Chest Drain Insertion / Sukumaran Nair and Florian Falter -- 11. Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube Placement / Babak Sarani -- 12. Gastroesophageal Balloon Tube Tamponade / Ali Al-Khafaji, Su Min Cho, and Rebecca A. Gooch -- 13. Suprapubic Catheterization / Ben E. Hughes and Oliver Wiseman -- 14. Acute Compartment Syndrome / Lee van Rensburg -- 15. Abdominal Compartment Syndrome / Daniel D. Yeh and Stefan G. Simon -- 16. Ultrasound Guided Procedures / Sarojini David and Nicholas Screaton -- 17. Renal Replacement Therapy / Adrian James Varley -- 18. Lumbar Puncture / Sebastian Schulz-Stüebner -- 19. External Ventricular Drain Insertion / Marcus H.T. Reinges -- 20. Intracranial Pressure Measurement / Jessie Welbourne and Basil Matta.
- Buka's Emergencies in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Cardiorenal syndromes in critical care 2010, KargerPathophysiology of acute kidney injury -- Cardiorenal syndromes -- Organ crosstalk in multiple organ dysfunction syndromes -- Fluid assessment and management in the critically ill -- Practice of renal replacement therapy in the ICU -- Critical care nephrology issues -- Trials in acute kidney failure -- New horizons in critical care nephrology.
- Cardiovascular pediatric critical illness and injury 2009, Springer
- Classic papers in critical care. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerVentilation / Tom Whitehead and Arthur S. Slutsky -- Lung Injury / Timothy Evans and Julius Cranshaw -- The Heart / David Treacher -- Severe Traumatic Brain Injury / Hülya Bayir, Kimberly D. Statler, Margaret A. Satchell, Randall A. Ruppel, Robert S.B. Clark and Patrick M. Kochanek -- The Gut and Its Role in Circulatory Shock / Ulf H. Haglund -- Renal Support / Mark G.A. Palazzo -- The Liver in Critical Illness / Felicity Hawker -- Burns / David N. Herndon, Robert E. Barrow, Somes C. Guha and Jay K. Bhama -- Trauma / Frederick A. Moore -- Clinical Sepsis / David Bihari -- Nutrition and Metabolism / Jan Wernerman -- Fluids / Malcolm Fisher -- Infection in the Intensive Care Unit / Dennis G. Maki -- Infectious Diseases: An Intensive Care Clinician's Perspective / Neil Soni -- Vasoactive and Cardiotonic Drugs / Jean-Louis Vincent -- Pain Relief and Sedation in Intensive Care / Bernadette Currer and Maire Shelly -- Monitoring / E. Makings and C.J. Hinds -- Scoring Systems / Derek C. Angus -- Ethics / Charles L. Sprung -- Cytokines / Helen F. Galley and Nigel R. Webster -- Pediatric Critical Care / Bradley P. Fuhrman -- Recent Papers / Michelle Hayes and Neil Soni -- Frequently Cited Papers in Critical Care.
- Common problems in acute care surgery 2013, Springer
- Conflict and catastrophe medicine. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Crisis management in acute care settings. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Critical care of children with heart disease 2010, SpringerTransition from the fetal to the neonatal circulation -- Triage and transport of infants and children with cardiac disease -- Airway control, mechanical ventilation, and respiratory care -- Heart-lung interactions -- Cardiac catheterization -- Echocardiography -- Cardiac anesthesia -- A pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic review -- Sedation and analgesia -- Monitoring of the cardiac patient -- The effects of cardiopulmonary bypass following pediatric cardiac surgery -- Nursing care of the pediatric cardiac patient -- Cardiac database and risk factor assessment. Outcomes analysis for congenital cardiac disease -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Atrial septal defects -- Ventricular septal defects -- Complete atrioventricular septal defects -- Aortopulmonary window -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve -- Tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia -- Pulmonary atresia with intact interventricular septum -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Interrupted aortic arch -- Mitral valve anomalies and related disorders -- Mitral stenosis -- Prosthetic valves -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Single ventricle. General aspects -- Anomalous pulmonary veins -- Dextro-transposition fo the great arteries -- Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries (ccTGA) or Levo-transposition of the great arteries (l-TGA) -- Truncus arteriosus -- Double outlet right ventricle -- Ebstein's disease -- Anomalous coronary arteries -- Aortic valve regurgitation -- Vascular rings and pulmonary sling -- Takayasu arteritis -- Aortic dissection -- Tracheal resection -- Acute pulmonary hypertension -- Chronic pulmonary hypertension -- Acute myocarditis and cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial diseases -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiac failure -- Shock in the cardiac patient: a brief overview -- Mechanical circulatory support in pediatric cardiac surgery -- Heart transplantation -- Arrhythmias in the intensive care unit -- Pacemakers (temporary and permanent), implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac resynchronization therapy --Discontinuation of life: ethical and legal issues -- Respiratory complications: acute respiratory distress syndrome, chylothorax, diaphragmatic palsy, and functional and respiratory physiotherapy -- Gastrointestinal complications: necrotizing enterocolitis, malrotation, and protein losing enteropathy -- Malnutrition and feeding difficulties: guidelines for enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Hematological aspects: anticoagulation, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, plasma exchange -- Renal failure and replacement therapy -- Neurological complications: intracranial bleeding, stroke and seizures -- Infections in the cardiac intensive care unit -- Skin protection.
- Critical care study guide. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Daschner guide to in-hospital antibiotic therapy. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerClassification of the Antibiotics -- Antibiotics Marketed in the EU -- Principles of Antibiotic Therapy -- The Most Common Errors in Antibiotic Therapy -- Important Infections and Their Microbiological Diagnosis -- Cooperation with Microbiologists -- Resistance of Major Clinical Pathogens -- The Most Frequent Pathogens- Choice of Antibiotics -- Antibiotics, Antimycotics: Spectrum- Dosage- Adverse Effects- Costs -- Antibiotic Therapy of the Principal Infections in Children and Adults -- Treatment of the Most Frequent Types of Bacterial Endocarditis -- Minimal Duration of Treatment for Bacterial Infections -- Failure of Antibiotic Therapy -- Fever of Unknown Origin: Differential Diagnosis -- Dosage of Antibiotics in Impaired Renal Function -- Antibiotic Therapy in Haemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, and Continuous Haemofiltration -- Antibiotic Therapy During Pregnancy and Lactation -- Antibiotics in Liver Diseases -- Diffusion of Antibiotics in Cerebrospinal Fluid and in Cerebral Abscesses -- Local Antibiotics -- Prophylactic Antibiotic Therapy -- Physical Incompatibility of Antibiotics and Antimycotics in Infusion Solutions -- Useful Websites.
- Echocardiography for intensivists 2012, Springer
- Emergency echocardiography 2009, Springer
- Encyclopedia of intensive care medicine 2012, Springer"The aim of this comprehensive encyclopedia is to provide detailed information on intensive care medicine contributing to the broad field of emergency medicine. Entries A - Z covering the following disciplines: neurologic problems, respiratory disorders, cardiovascular disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, nutrition therapy, metabolic disorders, renal disorders, infectious diseases, hematologic disorders, special populations, emergency medicine, trauma, ICU procedures, special issues."--Publisher.
- Essentials of neurosurgical anesthesia & critical care 2012, Springer
- Handbook of critical and intensive care medicine. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Handbook of Critical Care 2009, Springer
- Acute resuscitation -- Anesthesia -- Cardiovascular therapies -- Pulmonary therapies -- Renal, electrolyte, and acid base disturbances -- Endocrine therapies -- Gastroenterology, liver, and nutrition therapies -- Hematologic therapies -- Neurologic and psychiatric therapeutics -- Infectious diseases -- Allergy -- Poisonings -- Drug monitoring.
- Handbook of evidence-based critical care. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Hemocoagulative problems in the critically ill patient 2012, SpringerPhysiology of Hemostasis /Paola Pradella, Federica Tomasella and Luca Mascaretti --Monitoring of Hemostasis /Carlo Giansante and Nicola Fiotti --Anticoagulation Therapy in ICU Patients /Emanuele Marras, Luigi Lo Nigro and Giorgio Berlot --Inborn Prothrombotic States /Nicola Fiotti and Carlo Giansante --Inborn Defects of the Coagulative System /Marinella Astuto, Nadia Grasso and Alessandro Trainito --Inflammation and Coagulation /Walter Vessella, Lara Prisco and Giorgio Berlot --Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation /Antonino Gullo, Chiara Maria Celestre and Annalaura Paratore --Coagulative Disturbances in Trauma /Giuliana Garufi, Maria Cristina Fiorenza and Giorgio Berlot --Hypothermia and Coagulation Disorders /Lara Prisco, Vincenzo Campanile and Giorgio Berlot --Hemostasis in Pregnancy and Obstetric Surgery /Marinella Astuto, Valentina Taranto and Simona Grasso --Hemostasis During Heart Surgery /Luigi Tritapepe, Sara Iannandrea, Michela Generali and Maria Paola Lauretta --Hemocoagulative Aspects of Solid Organ Transplantation /Andrea De Gasperi --Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome /Marco Zambon, Davide Cappelli and Giorgio Berlot --Pulmonary-Renal Syndrome /Marco Zambon, Davide Cappelli and Giorgio Berlot --Coagulation Disorders After Central Nervous System Injury /Lara Prisco, Mario Ganau and Giorgio Berlot.
- How to set up an acute stroke service 2012, Springer
- Humidification in the intensive care unit 2012, Springer
- ICU book. 3rd ed. 2007, Ovid
- ICU protocols 2012, SpringerPt. I. Respiratory system -- pt. II. Cardiovascular system -- pt. III. Nervous system -- pt. IV. Gastrointestinal system -- pt. V. Renal system -- pt. VI. Infectious diseases -- pt. VII. Endocrine and Metabolic system -- pt. VIII. Oncology -- pt. IX. Trauma and burn -- pt. X. Toxicology, envenomation and thermo dysregulation -- pt. XI. Obstetrics -- pt. XII. Perioperative care -- pt. XIII. General issues -- pt. XIV. Pediatrics -- pt. XV. ICU Procedures.
- ICU resource allocation in the new millennium 2013, Springer
- Infection control in the intensive care unit. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Infections in the adult intensive care unit 2013, Springer
- Infectious diseases in critical care. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerApproach to the febrile patient in the intensive care unit -- Cardiovascular monitoring in severe sepsis or septic shock -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and infection -- Opportunistic infections in the intensive care unit: a microbiologic overview -- Infections in critically ill solid organ transplant patients -- HIV in the intensive care unit -- Fungal infections -- Using protocols to improve the outcomes of critically ill patients with infection: focus on ventilator-associated pneumonia and severe sepsis -- Microbial surveillance in the intensive care unit -- Antimicrobial prophylaxis in the intensive care unit -- Antifungal therapy in the intensive care unit -- Dose adjustment and pharmacokinetics of antibiotics in severe sepsis and septic shock -- Prescription of antimicrobial agents in patients undergoing continuous renal replacement therapy -- Methods for implementing antibiotic control in the intensive care unit -- Use of antibiotics in pregnant patients in the intensive care unit -- Immunomodulation in sepsis -- Antibiotic induced diarrhea -- Fundamentals of infection control and strategies for the intensive care unit -- Antibiotic resistance in the intensive care unit -- Epidemiology of pseudomonas aeruginosa in the intensive care unit -- How to control MRSA spread in the intensive care unit -- Epidemiology of acinetobacter baumannii in the intensive care unit -- Brain abscess -- Falciparum malaria -- Toxic shock syndromes -- Acute infective endocarditis -- Influenza --Bloodstream infection in the intensive care unit -- Bloodstream infections in patients with total parenteral nutrition catheters -- Hemodialysis catheter-related infections -- Infection of pulmonary arterial and peripheral arterial catheters -- Prevention of catheter-related bloodstream infections in critical care patients -- Meningococcemia -- Septic shock -- Tracheobronchitis in the intensive care unit -- Sever community-acquired pneumonia -- Legionnaires' disease -- Adjunctive and supportive measures for community-acquired pneumonia -- Respiratory infection in immunocompromised neutropenic patients -- Pneumonia in non-neutropenic immunocompromised patients -- Community-acquired respiratory complications in the intensive care unit: pneumonia and acute exacerbations of COPD -- Management of hospital-associated pneumonia in the intensive care unit -- Assessment of resolution of ventilator associated pneumonia -- Invasive devices in the pathogenesis of nosocomial pneumonia -- Multiple organ dysfunction syndrome -- Sepsis in obstetrics -- Diagnosis and management of intra-abdominal sepsis -- Surgical site infection control in the critical care environment -- Severe soft tissue infections: a syndrome-based approach -- Vascular graft infections -- Acute mediastinitis -- Pancreatic infection -- Urinary tract infections -- Neurosurgical infections in intensive care unit patients -- Biliary tract infections.
- Intensive and critical care medicine 2009, Springer
- Intensive and critical care medicine 2005, Springer
- Intensive care medicine 2008, Springer
- Intensive care medicine in 10 years 2006, Springer
- Interventional bronchoscopy 2013, Springer
- Life-threatening dermatoses and emergencies in dermatology 2009, Springer
- Manual of intensive care medicine. 4th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Minor emergencies. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Monitoring the critically ill patient. 3rd ed. 2012, WileyRecognition & management of the deteriorating patient -- Assessment of the critically ill patient -- Monitoring respiratory function -- Monitoring cardiovascular function 1 : ECG monitoring -- Monitoring cardiovascular function 2 haemodynamic monitoring -- Monitoring neurological function -- Monitoring renal function -- Monitoring gastrointestinal function -- Monitoring hepatic function -- Monitoring endocrine function -- Monitoring nutritional status -- Monitoring temperature -- Monitoring pain -- Monitoring a patient receiving a blood transfusion -- Monitoring the patient with infection and related systemic inflammatory response -- Monitoring the critically ill, pregnant patient -- Monitoring the critically ill child -- Monitoring during transport -- Record keeping.
- Neurocritical care 2010, SpringerBrain Injury and Dysfunction: The Critical Role of Primary Management / M. D. Dominic Bell -- Monitoring the Injured Brain / Simon Davies and Andrew Lindley -- The Secondary Management of Traumatic Brain Injury / Dominic Bell and John P. Adams -- Critical Care Management of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Audrey C. Quinn and Simon P. Holbrook -- Central Nervous System Infections / Abigail Walker and Miles Denton -- Cervical Spine Injuries / John P. Adams, Jake Timothy and Justin McKinlay -- Recent Advances in the Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke / Ahamad Hassan -- Seizures on the Adult Intensive Care Unit / Morgan Feely and Nicola Cooper -- Non-Neurological Complications of Brain Injury / John P. Adams -- Acute Weakness in Intensive Care / Louise Barnes and Michael Vucevic -- Coma, Confusion, and Agitation in Intensive Care / Matthew Clark and Justin McKinlay -- Death and Donation in Critical Care: The Diagnosis of Brainstem Death / Paul G. Murphy -- Death and Donation in Critical Care: Management of Deceased Organ Donation / Paul G. Murphy -- Imaging the Brain-Injured Patient / Tony Goddard and Kshitij Mankad -- Ethical Dilemmas Within Intensive Care / M. D. Dominic Bell.
- Neurological emergencies in clinical practice 2013, SpringerComa -- Delirium -- Dizziness and vertigo -- Facial weakness (Bell's Palsy) -- Giant cell arteritis/temproal arteritis -- Guillain-Barrè Syndrome -- Headache -- Head injury -- Meningitis and encephalitis -- Multiple sclerosis (exacerbation) -- Myasthenia gravis -- Neck and back pain -- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) -- Postherpetic neuralgia -- Pseudotumor cerebri -- Seizures and status epilepticus -- Spinal cord compression -- Stroke and TIA -- Syncope -- Transient global amnesia (TGA) -- Visual impairments -- Appendices.
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of cerebrovascular diseases 2013, SpringerPart I. Psychiatry of stroke -- Delirium in stroke patients -- Poststroke illusions and hallucinations -- Depression after stroke -- Mania -- Anxiety disturbances in stroke patients -- Apathy -- Disturbances in the voluntary control of emotional expression after stroke -- Poststroke aggressiveness -- Denial of illness -- Part II. Psychiatry of vascular cognitive impairment -- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of CADASIL -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of vascular cognitive impairment -- Part III. Cerebrovascular disease and psychiatric disturbances -- Psychological and psychiatric triggers and risk factors for storke -- Vascular depression -- Cedrebrovascular disease and bipolar disorder.
- Nutrition support for the critically ill patient 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Pediatric anesthesia, intensive care, and pain 2013, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive overview of current standards of anesthesia and intensive care in neonates and children, with a view to promoting standardization in clinical practice. The first part of the book, devoted to issues in intensive care, opens by considering scoring systems for the assessment of sick children. The diagnosis, prevention, and management of ventilator-associated pneumonia are then discussed, and the roles of high-frequency oscillatory ventilation and noninvasive respiratory support are reviewed. Further chapters address procedural sedation and analgesia in children, the progress toward 'open' ICUs with liberal visiting policies, and advances in long-term home mechanical ventilation.In the second part of the book, a range of important topics in anesthesia and perioperative medicine are discussed. After a review of safety issues, current trends in pediatric regional and locoregional anesthesia are described and a synopsis is provided on current knowledge regarding the use of central blocks in infants and children. Subsequent chapters are devoted to awareness monitoring, single-lung ventilation techniques, anesthesia in the context of severe prematurity, and emergence delirium.Pediatric Anesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain: Standardization in Clinical Practice will be an extremely useful source of information for both novices and more experienced practitioners in the field.
- Pediatric critical care medicine 2006, Ovid
- Pediatric critical care review 2006, SpringerRespiratory system -- Cardiovascular system -- Central nervous system -- Infectious diseases -- Hematology and oncology -- Renal system -- Endocrine system -- Nutrition and the gastrointestinal system -- Immunology -- Metabolic disorders -- Pain management -- Pharmacology and toxicology -- Traumatology -- Statistics -- Ethics.
- Pediatric critical care study guide 2012, SpringerFundamentals of Gas Exchange and the Assessment of Oxygenation and Ventilation /John S. Sullivan and Toah A. Nkromah --Oxygen Delivery and Oxygen Consumption in Pediatric Critical Care /Juan A. Gutierrez and Andreas A. Theodorou --Hemodynamics /Scott A. Hagen and Timothy E. Corden --Regional Circulations /Demetris Yannopoulos and Vinay M. Nadkarni --Assessment of Cardiovascular Function /Frank A. Maffei --Overview, Structure and Function of the Nephron /Megan Rashid and George J. Schwartz --Physiology of Skeletal Muscle and the Neuromuscular Junction /Ellen D. Iannoli and Michael P. Eaton --Assessment of Neurologic Function /Elizabeth E. Scarlett, Brandi N. Peachey and Jill M. Gotoff --Endothelial Interactions and Coagulation /Trung C. Nguyen and Joseph A. Carcillo --The Inflammatory Response /Mark W. Hall --Genetic Predisposition to Critical Illness in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit /Neal J. Thomas, Mary K. Dahmer and Michael W. Quasney --Conventional Mechanical Ventilation /Joseph D. Tobias --Non-conventional Mechanical Ventilation /Michael D. Dettorre --Mechanical and Electrical Myocardial Support /Sabrina S. L. Tsao, Kendra M. Ward and Denise M. Goodman --Renal Replacement Therapies and Other Extracorporeal Therapies /Andrew L. Schwaderer and Marc B. Lande --Pharmacology /Gretchen L. Brummel and Steven E. Lucking --Cardiovascular Drug Therapy /Frank A. Maffei --Sedation and Analgesia /Richard L. Lambert, Lela W. Brink and Frank A. Maffei.Neuromuscular Blockade /Michael P. Eaton and A. Marika Stone --Use of Blood Products /Jill M. Cholette and Norma B. Lerner --Nutrition in Critical Illness /Margaret A. Satchell --Upper Airway Obstruction /Steven E. Lucking --Severe Asthma /Neal J. Thomas and Frank A. Maffei --Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome /Frank A. Maffei and Neal J. Thomas --Acute Pulmonary Infections /Karen S. Powers --Circulatory Failure/Shock /Hector R. Wong --Sepsis /Angela Lorts, Timothy T. Cornell and Thomas P. Shanley --Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome /Nikoleta S. Kolovos and Barry P. Markovitz --Disorders of Cardiac Rhythm /William G. Harmon --Post-operative Cardiac Care /Surender Rajasekaran and John C. Ring --Cerebral Resuscitation and Traumatic Brain Injury /Ericka L. Fink, Patrick M. Kochanek and Robert S. B. Clark --Neurological Diseases in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine /Michael J. Bell and Aditi Sharangpani --The Approach to the Critically Ill Infant /Frank A. Maffei --Nosocomial Infections /Elise W. van der Jagt --Fluid/Electrolyte/Acid-Base Abnormalities /Michael L. Moritz --Acute Kidney Injury /William S. Varade and Elif Erkan --Acute Liver Injury and Failure in Children /Richard L. Lambert --Hematology and Oncology in Critical Illness /Leonardo R. Brandão, Scott C. Howard, Kenneth W. Gow, Surender Rajasekaran and Robert F. Tamburro --Critical Care Endocrinology /Kecha A. LynShue and Mark A. Sperling --Metabolic Crises /Paul J. Bellino --Trauma/Burn /Robert E. Cilley and Eric H. Bradburn --Toxicology for the Pediatric Intensivist /L. Eugene Daugherty and Frank A. Maffei.
- Pediatric critical care. 4th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectProvide the latest in superior quality care for critically ill children with the full-color, updated 4th Edition of Fuhrman and Zimmerman's Pediatric Critical Care. In print, and now online, Drs. Bradley P. Fuhrman and Jerry J. Zimmerman use a comprehensive, organ-systems approach to help you manage a full range of disease entities. Get up-to-the-minute knowledge of topics such as acute lung injury, multiple organ dysfunction syndrome, and more. Implement new clinical techniques and diagnostic tests, weigh the varying perspectives of six associate editors with expertise in the field, reference 1,000+ illustrations to aid diagnosis, and keep sharp with online access to board-style review questions. This definitive title will ensure that you consistently deliver the very best intensive care to your pediatric patients. Focus on the development, function, and treatment of a wide range of disease entities with the text's clear, logical, organ-system approach. Keep all members of the pediatric ICU team up to date with coverage of topics particularly relevant to their responsibilities.
- Perioperative and critical care medicine 2006, Springer
- Practical assessment and treatment of the patient with headaches in the emergency department and urgent care clinic 2011, Springer
- Practical issues in anesthesia and intensive care 2012, Springer
- Principles of critical care. 3rd ed. 2005, AccessMedicineFulltext AccessSurgery
- Procedures, techniques, and minimally invasive monitoring in intensive care medicine. 4th ed. 2008, OvidAirway management and endotracheal intubation -- Central venous catheterization -- Arterial line placement and care -- Pulmonary artery catherization -- Temporary cardiac pacing -- Cardioversion and defibrillation -- Pericardiocentesis -- Chest tube insertion and care -- Bronchoscopy -- Thoracentesis -- Arterial puncture for blood gas analysis -- Tracheostomy -- Gastrointestinal endoscopy -- Paracentesis and diagnostic peritoneal lavage -- Gastroesophageal balloon tamponade for acute variceal hemorrhage -- Endoscopic placement of feeding tubes -- Cerebrospinal fluid aspiration -- Percutaneous suprapubic cystostomy -- Aspiration of the knee and synovial fluid analysis -- Anesthesia for bedside procedures -- Interventional radiology: drainage techniques -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Management of pain in the critically ill patient -- Therapeutic paralysis -- Dialysis therapy in the intensive care setting -- Therapeutic apheresis: technical considerations and indications in critical care -- Routine monitoring of critically ill patients -- Indirect calorimetry -- Minimally invasive cardiology -- Neurologic and intracranial pressure monitoring -- Echocardiography in the intensive care unit -- Monitoring gastrointestinal tract function -- Respiratory monitoring during mechanical ventilation.
- Quick hits in emergency medicine 2013, SpringerFor important information you need to know, but can't remember, turn to QUICK HITS IN EMERGENCY MEDICINE. This practical, short compendium contains the key decision-rules, clinical values, mnemonics, and dosages that you need at your finger tips in the ED. It covers everything from acute coronary syndrome and ACLS, to electrolyte equations and hyperkalemia, to ventilator settings by disease to Wellen's syndrome. Information on each topic is limited to a single page and presented in easily digested formats such as tables, algorithms, bulleted lists, and clinical illustrations.
- Respiratory disease and its management 2009, Springer
- Respiratory tract in pediatric critical illness and injury 2009, SpringerRespiratory physiology -- Disorders of the pediatric chest -- Respiratory monitoring -- Bronchoscopy in the pediatric intensive care unit -- Acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Mechanical ventilation -- Ventilator-induced lung injury -- Prone positioning -- High-frequency oscillatory ventilation -- Pulmonary surfactant: biology and therapy -- Nitric oxide -- Extracorporeal life support for children with acute respiratory failure -- Diseases of the upper respiratory tract -- Congenital airway and respiratory tract anomalies -- Status asthmaticus -- Bronchiolitis -- Pneumonia and empyema -- Pediatric lung transplantation -- Neuromuscular respiratory failure -- Diseases of the pulmonary vascular system.
- Resuscitation and stabilization of the critically ill child 2009, SpringerEmergency Medical Services for Children / Derek S. Wheeler and Tom LeMaster -- Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Vinay M. Nadkarni and Robert A. Berg -- Supplemental Oxygen and Bag-Valve-Mask Ventilation / Patricia Abboud, Jennifer Raake, and Derek S. Wheeler -- Assessment and Management of the Pediatric Airway / Derek S. Wheeler, James P. Spaeth, Renuka Mehta, Suriyanarayana P. Hariprakash, and Peter N. Cox -- Vascular Access / Jennifer Kaplan and Richard J. Brilli -- Shock: An Overview / Joseph A. Carcillo, Derek S. Wheeler, Neil W. Kooy, and Thomas P. Shanley -- Acute Respiratory Failure / Jennifer L. Turi and Ira M. Cheifetz -- Pediatric Transport Medicine / Derek S. Wheeler and W. Bradley Poss -- Withdrawal of Life Support / Kathleen L. Meert and Ashok P. Sarnaik -- Brain Death / Sam D. Shemie -- The Pathophysiology of Brain Death and Care of the Potential Organ Donor / Sam D. Shemie.
- Rural surgery 2011, Springer
- Science and practice of pediatric critical care medicine 2009, Springer
- Sepsis management 2012, Springer
- Surgical critical care and emergency surgery 2012, WileyFront Matter -- Supplemental Images -- Surgical Critical Care. Respiratory and Cardiovascular Physiology / Marcin A Jankowski, Frederick Giberson -- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Oxygen Delivery, and Shock / Timothy J Harrison, Mark Cipolle -- Arrhythmias, Acute Coronary Syndromes, and Hypertensive Emergencies / Harrison T Pitcher, Timothy J Harrison -- Sepsis and the Inflammatory Response to Injury / Juan C Duchesne, Marquinn D Duke -- Hemodynamic and Respiratory Monitoring / Christopher S Nelson, Jeffrey P Coughenour, Stephen L Barnes -- Airway Management, Anesthesia, and Perioperative Management / Jeffrey P Coughenour, Stephen L Barnes -- Acute Respiratory Failure and Mechanical Ventilation / Lewis J Kaplan, Adrian A Maung -- Infectious Disease / Charles Kung Chao Hu, Heather Dolman, Patrick McGann -- Pharmacology and Antibiotics / Michelle Strong -- Transfusion, Hemostasis and Coagulation / Stacy Shackelford, Kenji Inaba -- Analgesia and Sedation / Juan C Duchesne, Marquinn D Duke -- Delirium, Alcohol Withdrawal, and Psychiatric Disorders / Meghan Edwards, Ali Salim -- Acid-Base, Fluid and Electrolytes / Charles Kung Chao Hu, Andre Nguyen, Nicholas Thiessen -- Metabolic Illness and Endocrinopathies / Therese M Duane, Andrew Young -- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia / Raquel M Forsythe -- Acute Kidney Injury / Terence O'keeffe -- Liver Failure / Bellal Joseph -- Nutrition / Rifat Latifi -- Neurocritical Care / Scott H Norwood, Herb A Phelan -- Venous Thromboembolism / Herb A Phelan, Scott H Norwood -- Transplantation, Immunology, and Cell Biology / Leslie Kobayashi -- Obstetric Critical Care / Gerard J Fulda, Anthony Sciscione -- Envenomations, Poisonings and Toxicology / Michelle Strong -- Common Procedures in the ICU / Adam D Fox, Daniel N Holena -- Diagnostic Imaging, Ultrasound, and Interventional Radiology / Randall S Friese, Terence O'Keeffe -- Emergency Surgery. Neurotrauma / Bellal Joseph -- Blunt and Penetrating Neck Trauma / Leslie Kobayashi -- Cardiothoracic and Thoracic Vascular Injury / Leslie Kobayashi -- Abdominal and Abdominal Vascular Injury / Leslie Kobayashi -- Orthopedic and Hand Trauma / Brett D Crist, Gregory J Della Rocca -- Peripheral Vascular Trauma / Daniel N Holena, Adam D Fox -- Urologic Trauma / Hoylan Fernandez, Scott Petersen -- Care of the Pregnant Trauma Patient / Julie L Wynne, Terence O'Keeffe -- Esophagus, Stomach, and Duodenum / Andrew Tang -- Small Intestine, Appendix, and Colorectal / Jay J Doucet, Vishal Bansal -- Gallbladder and Pancreas / Andrew Tang -- Liver and Spleen / Narong Kulvatunyou -- Incarcerated Hernias / Narong Kulvatunyou -- Soft-Tissue and Necrotizing Infection / Joseph J DuBose -- Obesity and Bariatric Surgery / Stacy A Brethauer, Carlos V R Brown -- Burns, Inhalation Injury, Electrical and Lightning Injuries / Joseph J DuBose -- Urologic and Gynecologic Surgery / Julie L Wynne -- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery / Jared L Antevil, Carlos V R Brown -- Extremes of Age: Pediatric Surgery and Geriatrics / Michael C Madigan, Gary T Marshall -- Telemedicine and Surgical Technology / Rifat Latifi -- Statistics / Randall S Friese -- Ethics, End-of-Life, and Organ Retrieval / Lewis J Kaplan, Felix Lui -- Index.
- Surgical intensive care medicine. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerSupplemental oxygen therapy -- Airway management in the intensive care unit -- Vascular cannulation -- Fluid resuscitation -- Vasoactive amines and inotropic agents -- Shock -- Hemodynamic monitoring -- Acid-base disorders -- Analgesia and sedation -- Neuromuscular blocking agents -- Optimization of the high-risk surgical patient -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Management of closed head injury -- Spinal cord injuries -- Ischemic stroke -- Hemorrhagic stroke -- Status epilepticus -- Critical illness plyneuorpathy and myopathy -- Management of hypertension in the perioperative period -- Postoperative myocardial infarction -- Management of postoperative arrhythmias -- Acute respiratory failure -- Mechanical ventilation -- Venous thromboembolism -- Fat emulsion syndrome -- Venous air embolism -- Sepsis -- Vascular catherter-related bloodstream infections -- Pneumonia -- Intra-abdominal sepsis -- Evaluation of the febrile patient in the ICU -- Antimicrobial use in surgical intensive care -- Coagulation abnormalities in the critically ill -- Blood products -- Hyperglycemia in the surgical intensive care unit -- Adrenal insufficiency -- Nutrition support in intensive care -- Acute kidney injury -- Renal replacement therapy -- Disorders of electrolytes -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Acute pancreatitis -- Trauma -- Burns -- The abdominal compartment syndrome -- Rhabdomyolysis -- Postoperative care of the cardiac surgical patient -- Postoperative care following major vascular surgery -- Postoperative care after bariatric surgery -- Care of the organ donor -- Postoperative care of the heart transplant patient -- Postoperative care of the lung-transplant patient -- Postoperative care of the liver-transplant patient -- Postoperative care of the pancreas-transplant recipient -- Management of the critically ill geriatric patient -- Alcohol withdrawal in the surgical patient: prevention and treatment -- Ethics and the end-of-life care -- Scoring systems and outcome prediction -- Improving the intensive care unit -- Continuing education in critical care medicine.
- Textbook of neurointensive care. Second edition. 2013, Springer
- Whole body ultrasonography in the critically ill 2010, SpringerBasic notions of critical ultrasound -- The ultrasound equipment -- Specific notions of critical ultrasound in the critically ill -- Introduction to abdominal ultrasound: normal patterns -- Peritoneum -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Liver -- Gallbladder -- Urinary tract -- Various targets in the abdomen (spleen, adrenals, pancreas, lymph nodes) -- Aorta -- Principles of examination of the deep veins in the critically ill -- Principles of examination of the deep veins in the critically ill [same title as chapter 12 before?] -- Introduction to lung ultrasound -- Pleural effusion -- Lung: alveolar syndrome -- Lung and interstitial syndrome -- Pneumothorax -- Basic applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 1-a bedside alternative to CT and other irradiating techniques -- Basic applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 2-the ultrasound approach of an acute respiratory failure: the BLUE protocol -- Applications of lung ultrasound in the critically ill: 3-lung ultrasound in the neonate -- Simple emergency cardiac sonography -- Simple critical ultrasound considering hemodynamic therapy: our limited investigation -- Head and neck -- Soft tissues and miscellaneous areas -- Interventional ultrasound -- Ultrasound in the surgical intensive care unit, some peculiarities -- Critical ultrasound outside the intensive care unit -- Analytic study of severe and/or frequent situations in the critically ill -- Free considerations -- A way to learn critical ultrasound -- Critical ultrasound, not just a new technique: also a philosophy.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases