Books by Subject
101 to 200 of 259 titles
- Implementing electronic document and record management systems 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Information hiding 9th international workshop, IH 2007, Saint Malo, France, June 11-13, 2007 : revised selected papers 2007, Springer
- Information modeling and relational databases from conceptual analysis to logical design 2001, ScienceDirect
- Information security policies, procedures, and standards guidelines for effective information security management 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Intelligent image processing 2002, Wileych. 1. Humanistic Intelligence as a Basis for Intelligent Image Processing, p. 1-14 -- ch. 2. Where on the Body is the Best Place for a Personal Imaging System?, p. 15-63 -- ch. 3. The EyeTap Principle: Effectively Locating the Camera Inside the Eye as an Alternative to Wearable Camera Systems, p. 64-102 -- ch. 4. Comparametric Equations, Quantigraphic Image Processing, and Comparagraphic Rendering, p. 103-178 -- ch. 5. Lightspace and Antihomomorphic Vector Spaces, p. 179-232 -- ch. 6. VideoOrbits: The Projective Geometry Renaissance, p. 233-294 -- Appendix A. Safety First! (page 295 -- Appendix B. Multiambic Keyer for Use While Engaged in Other Activities, p. 296-318 -- Appendix C. WearCam GNUX Howto, p. 319-324 -- Appendix D. How to Build a Covert Computer Imaging System into Ordinary Looking Sunglasses, p. 325-331.
- Intelligent systems for information processing from representation to applications 2003, ScienceDirect
- Intermediate Perl 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Introduction to scientific programming and simulation using R 2009, CRCnetBASEI. Programming. Setting up -- R as a calculating environment -- Basic programming -- I/O: input and output -- Programming with functions -- Sophisticated data structures -- Better graphics -- Pointers to further programming techniques -- II. Numerical techniques. Numerical accuracy and program efficiency -- Root-finding -- Numerical integration -- Optimisation -- III. Probability and statistics. Probability -- Random variables-- Discrete random variables -- Continuous random variables -- Parameter estimation -- IV. Simulation -- Monte-Carlo integration -- Variance reduction -- Cases studies -- Student projects -- Glossary of R commands -- Programs and functions developed in the text.
- Introductory statistics with R 2002, ebrary
- iPad 2-- the missing manual. 2nd ed. 2011, ProQuest SafariLooks at the features and functions of the iPad2, covering such topics as accessing the Internet, setting up an email account, using built-in apps, playing games, using iTunes, watching videos, and syncing with MobileMe.
- iPad for dummies 2010, ProQuest Safari"Part iPod touch, part MacBook, part eReader, and all amazing, the iPad combines the best of your favorite gadgets into one ultraportable touch device. This handy guide helps you make the most of your iPad. From sending e-mail and surfing the Web to playing games, watching videos, downloading cool apps and more, the fun begins right here"--P.  of cover.
- iPad made simple 2010, ProQuest SafariPt. I. Quick start guide -- pt. II. Introduction -- pt. 3. You and your iPad. Getting started -- Typing tips, copy/paste & search -- Sync your iPad with iTunes -- WiFi and 3G connections -- Moving, docking, and deletingicons -- Personalize and secure your iPad -- Playing music -- iBooks and E-books -- Viewing videos, tv shows, & more -- Bluetooth on the iPad -- Surf the web with Safari -- E-mail -- Working with contacts -- Your calendar -- Working with photos -- Maps -- Eliminate your paper notes -- iWork : productivity on your iPad -- iTunes on your iPad -- Amazing App Store -- Games and fun -- Social networking -- New media : reading newspapers, magazines, and more -- Other sync methods -- Troubleshooting -- pt. IV. iPad's soulmate : iTunes. Your iTunes user guide.
- "Preface Joint models for longitudinal and time-to-event data have become a valuable tool in the analysis of follow-up data. These models are applicable mainly in two settings: First, when focus is in the survival outcome and we wish to account for the effect of an endogenous time-dependent covariate measured with error, and second, when focus is in the longitudinal outcome and we wish to correct for nonrandom dropout. Due to their capability to provide valid inferences in settings where simpler statistical tools fail to do so, and their wide range of applications, the last 25 years have seen many advances in the joint modeling field. Even though interest and developments in joint models have been widespread, information about them has been equally scattered in articles, presenting recent advances in the field, and in book chapters in a few texts dedicated either to longitudinal or survival data analysis. However, no single monograph or text dedicated to this type of models seems to be available. The purpose in writing this book, therefore, is to provide an overview of the theory and application of joint models for longitudinal and survival data. In the literature two main frameworks have been proposed, namely the random effects joint model that uses latent variables to capture the associations between the two outcomes (Tsiatis and Davidian, 2004), and the marginal structural joint models based on G estimators (Robins et al., 1999, 2000). In this book we focus in the former. Both subfields of joint modeling, i.e., handling of endogenous time-varying covariates and nonrandom dropout, are equally covered and presented in real datasets"--Provided by publisher.
- Knowledge-based systems techniques and applications 2000, ScienceDirectv. 1. Implementation -- v. 2. Optimization -- v. 3. Computer techniques -- v. 4. Systems and applications.
- LabVIEW advanced programming techniques 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Lattice multivariate data visualization with R 2008, Springer
- Learning MySQL 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Perl. 5th ed. 2008, ProQuest Safari
- Learning PHP & MySQL. 2nd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Python. 3rd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Ruby 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning SQL 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the bash shell. 3rd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the Korn Shell. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the UNIX operating system. 5th ed. / 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Visual Basic .NET 2003, ProQuest SafariVisual Basic.NET and .NET programming --Getting started with VB.NET --Object-oriented programming --Visual studio .NET --VB.NET language fundamentals --Branching --Operators --Classes and objects --Inside methods --Basic debugging --Inheritance and polymorphism --Structures --Interfaces --Arrays --Collection interfaces and types --Strings --Throwing and catching exceptions -Applications and events --Afterword.
- Learning XML. 2nd ed. 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Linux in a nutshell a desktop quick reference. 5th ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Succinct guide for Windows users migrating to the Mac.
- Mac OS X for Unix geeks 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Mac OS X the missing manual, Tiger edition 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Mac OS X Tiger for Unix geeks. 3rd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Machine learning for hackers. 1st ed. 2012, ProQuest SafariMachine generated contents note: -- 1. Using R -- R for Machine Learning -- Downloading and Installing R -- IDEs and Text Editors -- Loading and Installing R Packages -- R Basics for Machine Learning -- Further Reading on R -- 2. Data Exploration -- Exploration versus Confirmation -- What Is Data? -- Inferring the Types of Columns in Your Data -- Inferring Meaning -- Numeric Summaries -- Means, Medians, and Modes -- Quantiles -- Standard Deviations and Variances -- Exploratory Data Visualization -- Visualizing the Relationships Between Columns -- 3. Classification: Spam Filtering -- This or That: Binary Classification -- Moving Gently into Conditional Probability -- Writing Our First Bayesian Spam Classifier -- Defining the Classifier and Testing It with Hard Ham -- Testing the Classifier Against All Email Types -- Improving the Results -- 4. Ranking: Priority Inbox -- How Do You Sort Something When You Don't Know the Order? -- Ordering Email Messages by Priority --Contents note continued: Priority Features of Email -- Writing a Priority Inbox -- Functions for Extracting the Feature Set -- Creating a Weighting Scheme for Ranking -- Weighting from Email Thread Activity -- Training and Testing the Ranker -- 5. Regression: Predicting Page Views -- Introducing Regression -- The Baseline Model -- Regression Using Dummy Variables -- Linear Regression in a Nutshell -- Predicting Web Traffic -- Defining Correlation -- 6. Regularization: Text Regression -- Nonlinear Relationships Between Columns: Beyond Straight Lines -- Introducing Polynomial Regression -- Methods for Preventing Overfitting -- Preventing Overfitting with Regularization -- Text Regression -- Logistic Regression to the Rescue -- 7. Optimization: Breaking Codes -- Introduction to Optimization -- Ridge Regression -- Code Breaking as Optimization -- 8. PCA: Building a Market Index -- Unsupervised Learning -- 9. MDS: Visually Exploring US Senator Similarity --Contents note continued: Clustering Based on Similarity -- A Brief Introduction to Distance Metrics and Multidirectional Scaling -- How Do US Senators Cluster? -- Analyzing US Senator Roll Call Data (101st--111th Congresses) -- 10. kNN: Recommendation Systems -- The k-Nearest Neighbors Algorithm -- R Package Installation Data -- 11. Analyzing Social Graphs -- Social Network Analysis -- Thinking Graphically -- Hacking Twitter Social Graph Data -- Working with the Google SocialGraph API -- Analyzing Twitter Networks -- Local Community Structure -- Visualizing the Clustered Twitter Network with Gephi -- Building Your Own "Who to Follow" Engine -- 12. Model Comparison -- SVMs: The Support Vector Machine -- Comparing Algorithms.
- Making of a neuromorphic visual system 2005, Springer1Seeing: blazing processing characteristics --2Category representation and recognition evolvement --3Neuroscientific inspiration --4Neuromorphic tools --5Insight from line drawings studies --6Retina circuits signaling and propagating contours --7The symmetric-axis transform --8Motion detection --9Neuromorphic architectures: pieces and proposals --10Shape recognition with contour propagation fields --11Scene recognition --12Summary --Terminology --References --Index.
- Mastering Perl 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Mastering Perl for bioinformatics 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Mastering regular expressions. 3rd ed. 2006, ProQuest SafariIntroduction to regular expressions -- Extended introductory examples -- Overview of regular expression features and flavors -- The mechanics of expression processing -- Practical regex techniques -- Crafting an efficient expression -- Perl -- Java -- .NET -- PHP.
- MATLAB and C programming for Trefftz finite element methods 2009, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB for neuroscientists an introduction to scientific computing in MATLAB. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ScienceDirect
- MATLAB for psychologists 2012, SpringerBasic operations -- Data handling -- Plotting data -- Start programming -- A better sound -- Create and process images -- Data analysis -- The charm of graphical user interface -- Psychtoolbox : video -- Psychtoolbox : sound, keyboard and mouse.
- MATLAB primer. 6th ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB primer. 7th ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB-- a practical introduction to programming and problem solving. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectpt. 1. Introduction to programming using MATLAB -- Introduction to Matlab -- Vectors and matrices -- Introduction to MATLAB programming -- Selection statements -- Loop statements and vectorizing code -- MATLAB programs -- String manipulation -- Data structures : cell arrays and structures -- Advanced file input and output -- Advanced functions -- pt. 2. Advanced topics for problem solving with MATLAB -- Advanced plotting techniques -- Basic statistics, sets, sorting, and indexing -- Sights and sounds -- Advanced mathematics.
- Microsoft Access 2007 data analysis 2007, books24x7
- Microsoft Excel & Access integration with Office 2007 2007, books24x7Getting Excel data into Access -- Analyzing Excel data with Access queries -- Sprucing up Excel data with Access reports -- Using PivotTables and PivotCharts in Access -- Getting Access data into Excel -- Leveraging macros in Excel and Access -- VBA fundamentals -- Using VBA to move data between Excel and Access -- Exploring Excel and Access automation -- Integrating Excel and Access with XML -- Integrating Excel and other Office applications.
- Microsoft Office 2007 business intelligence reporting, analysis, and measurement from the desktop 2008, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft Office Access 2007 inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari1. Understanding Microsoft Access -- 2. Building an Access 2007 Desktop Application -- 3. Creating Forms and Reports in a Desktop Application -- 4. Automating an Access Application -- 5. Linking Access and the Web -- 6. After Completing Your Application -- 7. Designing an Access Project -- 8. Articles.
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007 formulas & functions for dummies 2007, books24x7
- Microsoft Office home and student 2007 step by step 2008, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office Project 2007 inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007 inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office Word 2007 inside out Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialPART 1: WORD 2007: STARTING YOUR DOCUMENT WITH LATEST AND GREATEST: Room to create with Office Word 2007 -- Document creation with Word 2007 -- Mastering page setup and pagination -- Formatting documents using templates -- Applying themes for a professional look -- PART 2: WORKING WITH CONTENT: Mastering document fundamentals -- Honing document navigation skills -- Working with building blocks and other text tools -- Refining with research services and reference tools -- Outlining documents for clarity and structure -- PART 3: VISUAL ELEMENTS: TABLES, CHARTS, DIAGRAMS, PICTURES: Organizing concepts in tables -- Showcasing data with SmartArt and charts -- Adding visual impact with pictures, drawings, and WordArt -- PART 4: PROFESSIONAL POLISH: LISTS, STYLES, BACKGROUNDS, AND BORDERS: Aligning information and formatting paragraphs and lists -- Using styles to increase your formatting power -- Formatting layouts using backgrounds, watermarks, and text boxes -- Commanding attention with borders and shading -- PART 5: COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS: SHARED DOCUMENTS, REVISIONS, SECURITY: Sharing documents and collaborating online -- Revising documents using markup tools -- Addressing document protection and security issues -- PART 6: COMPLEX DOCUMENTS: SECTIONS, MASTER DOCUMENTS, AND REFERENCES: Formatting columns and sections for advanced text content -- Configuring references -- Generating first-class tables of contents and reference tables -- Creating effective indexes -- PART 7: PUBLISHING WORD TO THE WORLD: Printing with precision -- Blogging from Word 2007 -- Performing mail merges -- Customizing documents with content controls -- Working with XML -- Working with macros and VBA.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft Project 2007 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft SharePoint building Office 2003 solutions. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Microsoft Word 2007 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Mining software specifications methodologies and applications 2011, CRCnetBASE1. Specification mining : a concise introduction / David Lo ... [et al.] -- 2. Mining finite-state automata with annotations / Leonardo Mariani ... [et al.] -- 3. Adapting grammar inference techniques to mine state machines / Neil Walkinshaw and Kirill Bogdanov -- 4. Mining API usage protocols from large methods traces / Michael Pradel and Thomas R. Gross -- 5. Static API specification mining : exploiting source code model checking / Mithun Acharya and Tao Xie -- 6. Static specification mining using automata-based abstractions / Eran Yahav ... [et al.] -- 7. DynaMine : finding usage patterns and their violations by mining software repositories / Benjamin Livshits and Thomas Zimmermann -- 8. Automatic inference and effective application of temporal specifications / Jinlin Yang and David Evans -- 9. Path-aware static program analyses for specification mining / Muralikrishna Ramanathan, Ananth Grama, and Suresh Jagannathan -- 10. Mining API usage specifications via searching source code from the Web / Suresh Thummalapenta, Tao Xie, and Madhuri R. Marri -- 11. Merlin : specification inference for explicit information flow problems / Benjamin Livshits ... [et al.] -- 12. Lightweight mining of object usage / Andrzej Wasylkowski and Andreas Zeller.
- Mining the Web discovering knowledge from hypertext data 2002, ScienceDirectCrawling the Web -- Web search and information retrieval -- Similarity and clustering -- Supervised learning -- Semisupervised learning -- Social network analysis -- Resource discovery -- The future of Web mining.
- Modeling metabolism with Mathematica detailed examples including human erythrocyte metabolism 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Modern computational approaches to traditional Chinese medicine 2012, ScienceDirectRecognized as an essential component of Chinese culture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is both an ancient medical system and one still used widely in China today. TCM's independently evolved knowledge system is expressed mainly in the Chinese language and the information is frequently only available through ancient classics and confidential family records, making it difficult to utilize. The major concern in TCM is how to consolidate and integrate the data, enabling efficient retrieval and discovery of novel knowledge from the dispersed data. Computational approaches such as data mining, semantic reasoning and computational intelligence have emerged as innovative approaches for the reservation and utilization of this knowledge system. Typically, this requires an inter-disciplinary approach involving Chinese culture, computer science, modern healthcare and life sciences. This book examines the computerization of TCM information and knowledge to provide intelligent resources and supporting evidences for clinical decision-making, drug discovery, and education. Recent research results from the Traditional Chinese Medicine Informatics Group of Zhejiang University are presented, gathering in one resource systematic approaches for massive data processing in TCM. These include the utilization of modern Semantic Web and data mining methods for more advanced data integration, data analysis and integrative knowledge discovery. This book will appeal to medical professionals, life sciences students, computer scientists, and those interested in integrative, complementary, and alternative medicine. Interdisciplinary book bringing together Traditional Chinese Medicine and computer scientists. Introduces novel network technologies to Traditional Chinese Medicine informaticsProvides theory and practical examples and case studies of new techniques.
- Modern information processing from theory to applications 2006, ScienceDirectEntropies, characterizations, applications and some history / János Aczél -- Belief function theory on the continuous space with an application to model based classification / B. Ristic and Ph. Smets -- Independence in conditional possibility theory / G. Coletti and B. Vantaggi -- Joint treatment of imprecision and randomness in uncertainty propagation / C. Baudrit, D. Dubois, D. Guyonnet and H. Fargier -- Consistency of probabilistic transformations of belief functions / M. Daniel -- Randomization and uncertain inference / Henry E. Kyburg, Jr. and Choh Man Teng -- An empirical complexity study for a 2CPA solver / M. Baioletti, A. Capotorti and S. Tulipani -- Consistency in preference modelling / José Luis García-Lapresta and Javier Montero -- Transitive decomposition of min-transitive fuzzy relations / S. Díaz, B. De Baets and S. Montes -- Decision making with fuzzy ternary relations / S. Ovchinnikov -- New consistency properties for preference relations / F. Chiclana, E. Herrera-Viedma and F. Herrera -- Management of uncertainty orderings through ASP / Andrea Capotorti and Andrea Formisano -- Automating the quality assurance of an on-line knowledge-based classifier by fusing multiple off-line classifiers / Piero P. Bonissone -- Qualitative classification with possibilistic decision trees / Nahla Ben Amor, Salem Benferhat and Zied Elouedi -- Discovery of abstract knowledge from non-atomic attribute values in fuzzy relational databases / Rafal A. Angryk and Frederick E. Petry -- Kernel-based outlier preserving clustering with representativity coefficients / M.-J. Lesot -- Fuzzy C-medoids clustering models for time-varying data / R. Coppi, P. D'Urso and P. Giordani -- Improving the K2 algorithm using association rule parameters / Evelina Lamma, Fabrizio Riguzzi and Sergio Storari -- OWA aggregation on an interval argument / Ronald R. Yager -- On bi-capacity-based concordance rules in multicriteria decision making / A. Rolland --Information evaluation in fusion : formalization of informal recommendations / Laurence Cholvy -- Application of uncertainty-based methods to fuse language identification expert decisions / J. Gutiérrez, J.-L. Rouas and R. André-Obrecht -- Intelligent multiattribute decision support model for medical triage / F. Burstein, Jocelyn San Pedro, Leonid Churilov and Jeff Wassertheil -- Interval-based multicriteria decision making / Martine Ceberio and François Modave -- A linguistic hierarchical evaluation model for engineering systems / L. Martínez, L.G. Pérez, J. Liu, J.B. Yang and F. Herrera -- Non monotonic aggregates applying to fuzzy sets in flexible querying / Patrick Bosc and Ludovic Liétard -- Fuzzy spatial data modeling : an extended bitmap approach / Jörg Verstraete, Guy De Tré and Axel Hallez -- Introducing [lambda]-specialization into the fuzzy EER model / Guoqing Chen, Ling Lin and Xunhua Guo -- A logical reasoning framework for modelling and merging uncertain semi-structured information / Anthony Hunter and Weiru Liu -- Machine learning and the prediction of protein structure : the state of the art / Rita Casadio, Remo Calabrese, Emidio Capriotti, Mario Compiani, Piero Fariselli, Paola Marani, Ludovica Montanucci, Pier Luigi Martelli, Ivan Rossi and Gianluca Tasco -- Efficient and robust global amino acid sequence alignment with uncertain evolutionary distance / Matthias C.M. Troffaes -- Classifying biomedical spectra using stochastic feature selection and parallelized multi-layer perceptrons / N.J. Pizzi, R.L. Somorjai and W. Pedrycz -- On the sensitivity of probabilistic networks to reliability characteristics / Linda C. van der Gaag and Silja Renooij -- Dominance of recognition of words presented on right or left eye (comparison of kanji and hiragana) / Takahiro Yamanoi, Toshimasa Yamazaki, Jean-Louis Vercher, Elie Sanchez and Michio Sugeno -- Hand posture recognition with the fuzzy glove / T. Allevard, E. Benoit and L. Foulloy -- Image retrieval by composition of regions / J.F. Omhover and M. Detyniecki -- Blind image restoration from multiple views by IMAP estimation / Monia Discepoli, Ivan Gerace and Roberta Pandolfi -- A combined feature extraction method for an electronic nose / I. Hristozov, B. Iliev and S. Eskiizmirliler.
- Multi modality state-of-the-art medical image segmentation and registration methodologies v.1-2, 2011, Springerv.2 (2011) Springer
- MySQL Cookbook. 2nd ed. ProQuest SafariThis book offers dozens of short, focused pieces of code and hundreds of worked-out examples for programmers of all levels who don't have the time or expertise to solve MySQL problems from scratch. Each recipe explains how and why the code works, so you'll learn as you. This new edition covers MySQL 5.0 and its powerful new features, along with the older but still widespread MySQL 4.1.
- Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Program supplement to the President's budget for fiscal year 2008 : a report 2007
- Neural networks for applied sciences and engineering from fundamentals to complex pattern recognition 2007, CRCnetBASE
- This book describes in detail three different techniques for minimally invasive video-assisted breast surgery: nipple-sparing mastectomy with a hand-held external retractor, with a single-port device, and with robotic assistance. All three techniques can be employed for radical treatment of breast cancer or for risk reduction surgery, and the last two are brand new. The techniques are clearly explained with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations. All surgical stages are covered in detail, and helpful information is provided on key aspects of surgical anatomy, diagnostic workup, instrumentation, and postoperative management. Nipple Sparing Mastectomy is the first manual to cover these techniques, which are likely to become standard in the field of oncological breast surgery. It will be invaluable for breast surgeons who are skilled in nipple-sparing mastectomy and oncoplastic techniques or are working in breast units that offer genetic counseling to high-risk patients.
- Optimal experimental design with R 2011, CRCnetBASE"Experimental design is often overlooked in the literature of applied and mathematical statistics: statistics is taught and understood as merely a collection of methods for analyzing data. Consequently, experimenters seldom think about optimal design, including prerequisites such as the necessary sample size needed for a precise answer for an experimental question. Providing a concise introduction to experimental design theory, Optimal Experimental Design with R: Introduces the philosophy of experimental design Provides an easy process for constructing experimental designs and calculating necessary sample size using R programs Teaches by example using a custom made R program package: OPDOE. Consisting of detailed, data-rich examples, this book introduces experimenters to the philosophy of experimentation, experimental design, and data collection. It gives researchers and statisticians guidance in the construction of optimum experimental designs using R programs, including sample size calculations, hypothesis testing, and confidence estimation. A final chapter of in-depth theoretical details is included for interested mathematical statisticians"--Back cover.
- Oracle PL/SQL programming. 4th ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Plus pocket reference. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Plus the definitive guide. 2nd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle9i for dummies 2002, SUNet ID login required to search for this title
- Painless project management with FogBugz 2005, Springer
- Patient specific modeling of the cardiovascular system technology-driven personalized medicine 2010, SpringerIntegrating State-of-the-Art Computational Modeling with Clinical Practice: The Promise of Numerical Methods / David E. Krummen, Gainyu Oshodi and Sanjiv M. Narayan -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Cardiovascular Dynamics with a Major Role for Adaptation / Theo Arts, Joost Lumens, Wilco Kroon, Dirk Donker and Frits Prinzen, et al. -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Structure and Function of Cardiac Cells / Frank B. Sachse -- Studies of Therapeutic Strategies for Atrial Fibrillation Based on a Biophysical Model of the Human Atria / Laurent Uldry, Nathalie Virag, Jean-Marc Vesin and Lukas Kappenberger -- Patient-Specific Modeling for Critical Care / Maxwell Lewis Neal -- Biomechanical Analysis of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms / Lambert Speelman, Mariëlle Bosboom, Geert W. H. Schurink and Frans N. v.d. Vosse -- The Cardiac Atlas Project: Towards a Map of the Heart / Michael Backhaus, Jae Do Chung, Brett R. Cowan, Carissa G. Fonseca and Wenchao Tao, et al. -- In Vivo Myocardial Material Properties and Stress Distributions in Normal and Failing Human Hearts / Jonathan F. Wenk, Zhihong Zhang, Guangming Cheng, Kay Sun and Joseph C. Walker, et al. -- Modeling of Whole-Heart Electrophysiology and Mechanics: Toward Patient-Specific Simulations / Fijoy Vadakkumpadan, Viatcheslav Gurev, Jason Constantino, Hermenegild Arevalo and Natalia Trayanova -- Personalized Computational Models of the Heart for Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy / Maxime Sermesant and Reza Razavi -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Hypoxic Response and Microvasculature Dynamics / Joanna Nathan and Amina Ann Qutub -- A Computational Framework for Patient-Specific Multi-Scale Cardiac Modeling / Jazmin Aguado-Sierra, Roy C. P. Kerckhoffs, Fred Lionetti, Darlene Hunt and Chris Villongco, et al.
- Perl and LWP 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Perl and XML 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Perl cookbook. 2nd ed. 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Perl for Oracle DBAs 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Perl in a nutshell. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Pervasive computing in healthcare 2007, CRCnetBASEOverview of healthcare, disease, and disability / Jeffrey Kaye, Tracy Zitzelberger -- Computer science tools and techniques / Martha E. Pollack, Bart Peintner -- Pervasive computing in hospitals / Jakob E. Bardram, Heribert Baldus, Jesus Favela -- Pervasive computing in the home and community / Donald J. Patterson, Henry A. Kautz, Dieter Fox, Lin Liao -- Mobile and personal health and wellness management systems / Elina Mattila, Ilkka Korhonen, Niilo Saranummi --Sensors and wearable technologies for pervasive healthcare / Sungmee Park, Sundaresan Jayaraman -- Assistive technologies / Edmund LoPresti -- Human factors and usability of healthcare systems / Andre Kushniruk, Elizabeth Borycki -- Routes and requirements for realizing pervasive medical devices / Michael P. Craven -- User evaluation in pervasive healthcare / Tim Adlam, Roger Orpwood, Teresa Dunn -- The business of pervasive healthcare / Dadong Wan, Luis E. Taveras.
- Photoshop CS3 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Practical biomedical signal analysis using MATLAB 2012, CRCnetBASE1. Introductory concepts -- 2. Single channel (univariate) signal -- 3. Multiple channels (multivariate) signals -- 4. Application to biomedical signals.
- Practical data mining 2012, CRCnetBASEWhat is data mining and what can it do? -- The data mining process -- Problem definition (Step 1) -- Data evaluation (Step 2) -- Feature extraction and enhancement (Step 3) -- Prototyping plan and model development (Step 4) -- Model evaluation (Step 5) -- Implementation (Step 6) -- Supervised learning Genre section 1 - Detecting and characterizing known patterns -- Forensic analysis Genre Section 2 -Detecting, characterizing, and exploiting hidden patterns -- Genre Section 3 - Knowledge : Its acquisition, representation, and use.
- Practical guide to clinical data management. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Practical SQL handbook using SQL variants. 4th ed. 2001, ProQuest SafariSQL and relational database management -- Designing databases -- Creating and filling a database -- Selecting data from the database -- Sorting data and other selection techniques -- Grouping data and reporting from it -- Joining tables for comprehensive data analysis -- Structuring queries with subqueries -- Creating and using views -- Security, transactions, performance, and integrity -- Solving business problems.
- Part 1.Principles of Health Interoperability --The Health Information Revolution --Why Interoperability is Hard --Models --UML and XML --Privacy --Standards Development Organizations --Part 2.HL7 and Interchange Formats --HL7 Version 2 --The HL7 V3 RIM --Constrained Information Models --Clinical Document Architecture --HL7 Dynamic Model --IHE XDS --Part 3.SNOMED and Terminology --Clinical Terminology --Coding and Classification Schemes --SNOMED CT --SNOMED CT Concept Model --Using SNOMED and HL7 Together.
- Probing experience from assessment of user emotions and behaviour to development of products 2008, Springer
- Progamming ArcObjects with VBA a task-oriented approach 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Programming collective intelligence building smart Web 2.0 applications 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Programming graphical user interfaces in R 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface About this book Two common types of user interfaces in statistical computing are the command line interface (CLI) and the graphical user interface (GUI). The usual CLI consists of a textual console in which the user types a sequence of commands at a prompt, and the output of the commands is printed to the console as text. The R console is an example of a CLI. A GUI is the primary means of interacting with desktop environments, such as Windows and Mac OS X, and statistical software, such as JMP. GUIs are contained within windows, and resources, such as documents, are represented by graphical icons. User controls are packed into hierarchical drop-down menus, buttons, sliders, etc. The user manipulates the windows, icons, and menus with a pointer device, such as a mouse. The R language, like its predecessor S, is designed for interactive use through a command line interface (CLI), and the CLI remains the primary interface to R. However, the graphical user interface (GUI) has emerged as an effective alternative, depending on the specific task and the target audience. With respect to GUIs, we see R users falling into three main target audiences: those who are familiar with programming R, those who are still learning how to program, and those who have no interest in programming. On some platforms, such as Windows and Mac OS X, R has graphical front-ends that provide a CLI through a text console control. Similar examples include the multi-platform RStudioTM IDE, the Java-based JGR and the RKWard GUI for the Linux KDE desktop. Although these interfaces are GUIs, they are still very much in essence CLIs, in that the primary mode of interacting with R is the same. Thus, these GUIs appeal mostly to those who are comfortable with R programming"--Provided by publisher.
- Python cookbook. 2nd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Python for bioinformatics 2010, CRCnetBASEI. PROGRAMMING. 1. Introduction -- 2. First Steps with Python -- 3. Basic Programming: Data Types -- 4. Programming: Flow Control -- 5. Dealing with Files -- 6. Code Modularizing -- 7. Error Handling -- 8. Introduction to Object Orienting Programming (OOP) -- 9. Regular Expressions --- II. BIOPYTHON. 10. Introduction to Biopython --- III. ADVANCED TOPICS. 11. Web Applications -- 12. XML -- 13. Python and Databases -- 14. Collaborative Development: Version Control --- IV. PYTHON RECIPES WITH COMMENTED SOURCE CODE. 15. Sequence Manipulation in Batch -- 16. Web Application for Filtering Vector Contamination -- 17. Searching for PCR Primers Using Primer3 -- 18. Calculating Melting Temperature from a Set of Primers -- 19. Filtering out Specific Fields from a Genbank File -- 20. Converting XML Blast File into HTML -- 21. Inferring Splicing Sites -- 22. DNA Mutations with Restrictions -- 23. Web Server for Multiple Alignment -- 24. Drawing Marker Positions Using Data Stored in a Database --- Appendixes. A. Python and Biopython Installation -- B. Selected Papers -- C. Included DVD: Virtual Machine Installation and Use -- D. Python Language Reference -- E. Answers to Odd-Numbered Questions -- F. Python Style Guide.
- Querying XML XQuery, XPath, and SQL/XML in context 2006, ScienceDirectXML -- Querying -- Querying XML -- Metadata, an overview -- Structural metadata -- The XML information set (Infoset) and beyond -- Managing XML : transforming and connecting -- Storing : XML and databases -- XPath 1.0 and XPath 2.0 -- Introduction to XQuery 1.0 -- XQuery 1.0 definition -- What's missing? -- XQuery APIs -- SQL/XML -- XML-derived markup languages -- Internationalization : putting the "W" in "WWW" -- Finding stuff.
101 to 200 of 259 titles
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.