Books by Subject
- 2012 ProQuest SafariBaron Schwartz, Peter Zaitsev, Vadim Tkachenko.MySQL architecture and history -- Benchmarking MySQL -- Profiling server performance -- Optimizing schema and data types -- Indexing for high performance -- Query performance optimization -- Advanced MySQL features -- Optimizing server settings -- Operating system and hardware optimization -- Replication -- Scaling MySQL -- High availability -- MySQL in the cloud -- Application-level optimization -- Backup and recovery -- Tools for MySQL users -- Forks and variants of MySQL -- MySQL server status -- Transferring large files -- Using EXPLAIN -- Debugging locks -- Using Sphinx with MySQL.
- 2002 ProQuest SafariBill Kennedy, Chuck Musciano.HTML, XHTML, and the World Wide Web -- Quick start -- Anatomy of an HTML document -- Text basics -- Rules, images, and multimedia -- Links and webs -- Formatted lists -- Cascading style sheets -- Forms -- Tables -- Frames -- Executable content -- Dynamic documents -- Netscape layout extensions -- XML -- XHTML -- Tips, tricks, and hacks.
- 2002 ProQuest SafariDavid Gourley and Brian Totty.
- Human-computer interaction handbook : fundamentals, evolving technologies, and emerging applications. 2nd ed.2008 CRCnetBASEedited by Andrew Sears and Julie A. Jacko.pt. 1. Humans in HCI -- pt. 2. Computers in HCI -- pt. 3. Designing human-computer interactions -- pt. 4. Application/domain specific design -- pt. 5. Designing for diversity -- pt. 6. The development process.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEedited by E.Y.K. Ng, U. Rajendra Acharya, Aurélio Campilho, Jasjit S. Suri."The human eye is a complex and important organ that works similarly to the conventional camera. Many advanced image-processing algorithms have been proposed to analyze the subtle changes in the eye to diagnose eye abnormalities efficiently. Digital fundus images have been used efficiently for the diagnosis of diabetes retinopathy and glaucoma. Infrared imaging provides a temperature profile that depicts changes in the vascular tissues, which helps to study the ocular surface temperature (OST) and ocular diseases like dry eye and cataracts. This book covers the detection of diabetes retinopathy, glaucoma, and anterior segment eye abnormalities; instruments for the detection of glaucoma; and the development of a human eye model using computational fluid dynamics and heat transfer principles to predict inner temperatures of the eye from its surface temperature. Ultrasound biomicroscopy (UBM) is one of the imaging systems that allow visualization of the anatomy and pathology of the anterior segment. It is particularly beneficial in evaluating regions of the eye behind the iris such as the ciliary body, lens zonular attachment, and lens periphery, which are obscured in other anterior scanning systems. In glaucoma imaging, UBM plays a significant role in objective assessment of peripheral anterior chamber angle morphology, which is useful in angle closure glaucoma diagnosis and management. Chapter 1 presents a UBM system for anterior chamber angle imaging. Chapter 2 describes both the formal design and development of an automated anterior segment eye disease classification system. The proposed system can be used for early disease diagnosis and treatment management"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2006Ilias G. Maglogiannis, Kostas Karpouzis, Manolis Wallace.E-health is closely related with networks and telecommunications when dealing with applications of collecting or transferring medical data from distant locations for performing remote medical collaborations and diagnosis. In this book we provide an overview of the fields of image and signal processing for networked and distributed e-health applications and their supporting technologies. The book is structured in 10 chapters, starting the discussion from the lower end, that of acquisition and processing of biosignals and medical images and ending in complex virtual reality systems and techniques providing more intuitive interaction in a networked medical environment. The book also discusses networked clinical decision support systems and corresponding medical standards, WWW-based applications, medical collaborative platforms, wireless networking, and the concepts of ambient intelligence and pervasive computing in electronic healthcare systems.
- 2002 CRCnetBASEJohn C. Russ.This essential resource covers binary image processing, color images, depth resolution, image interpretation problems, thresholding multiband images, among many other areas of image analysis and processing.
- 2002 CRCnetBASEedited by Bahram Javidi.
- 2005 SpringerJames M. Walker, Eric J. Bieber, Frank Richards, editors ; with the collaboration of Sandra A. Buckley.Organizational climate -- Needs assessment -- Vendor selection and contract negotiation -- Infrastructure -- Workflow assessment and redesign -- Staffing and managing implementation teams -- Usability -- Training -- Clinical decision support -- Translating scope of practice into effective EHR workflows -- System integration -- Production support -- Managing the client-vendor partnership -- Phased implementation -- Optimizing primary-care practices -- Special-purpose software -- Optimizing inpatient care -- Extending EHR access to patients -- Extending EHR access to external physicians -- Summary and prospects.
- 2008 CRCnetBASEAzad Adam.
- 2008 Springeredited by Maristella Agosti.
- Information hiding : 9th international workshop, IH 2007, Saint Malo, France, June 11-13, 2007 : revised selected papers2007 SpringerTeddy Furon, Francois Cayre, Gwenael Doerr, Patrick Bas, editors.
- 2001 ScienceDirectTerry Halpin.
- Information security policies, procedures, and standards : guidelines for effective information security management2002 CRCnetBASEThomas R. Peltier.
- 2008 SpringerAndreas Kerren ... (ed.).
- 2002 WileySteve Mann.ch. 1. Humanistic Intelligence as a Basis for Intelligent Image Processing, p. 1-14 -- ch. 2. Where on the Body is the Best Place for a Personal Imaging System?, p. 15-63 -- ch. 3. The EyeTap Principle: Effectively Locating the Camera Inside the Eye as an Alternative to Wearable Camera Systems, p. 64-102 -- ch. 4. Comparametric Equations, Quantigraphic Image Processing, and Comparagraphic Rendering, p. 103-178 -- ch. 5. Lightspace and Antihomomorphic Vector Spaces, p. 179-232 -- ch. 6. VideoOrbits: The Projective Geometry Renaissance, p. 233-294 -- Appendix A. Safety First! (page 295 -- Appendix B. Multiambic Keyer for Use While Engaged in Other Activities, p. 296-318 -- Appendix C. WearCam GNUX Howto, p. 319-324 -- Appendix D. How to Build a Covert Computer Imaging System into Ordinary Looking Sunglasses, p. 325-331.
- 2003 ScienceDirectedited by Bernadette Bouchon-Meunier, Laurent Foulloy, Ronald R. Yager.
- 2006 ProQuest SafariRandal L. Schwartz, Brian D. Foy, and Tom Phoenix.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2009 CRCnetBASEOwen Jones, Robert Maillardet and Andrew Robinson.I. Programming. Setting up -- R as a calculating environment -- Basic programming -- I/O: input and output -- Programming with functions -- Sophisticated data structures -- Better graphics -- Pointers to further programming techniques -- II. Numerical techniques. Numerical accuracy and program efficiency -- Root-finding -- Numerical integration -- Optimisation -- III. Probability and statistics. Probability -- Random variables-- Discrete random variables -- Continuous random variables -- Parameter estimation -- IV. Simulation -- Monte-Carlo integration -- Variance reduction -- Cases studies -- Student projects -- Glossary of R commands -- Programs and functions developed in the text.
- 2002 ebraryPeter Dalgaard.Also available: Print – 2002
- 2011 ProQuest SafariJ.D. Biersdorfer.Looks at the features and functions of the iPad2, covering such topics as accessing the Internet, setting up an email account, using built-in apps, playing games, using iTunes, watching videos, and syncing with MobileMe.
- 2010 ProQuest Safariby Edward C. Baig and Bob LeVitus."Part iPod touch, part MacBook, part eReader, and all amazing, the iPad combines the best of your favorite gadgets into one ultraportable touch device. This handy guide helps you make the most of your iPad. From sending e-mail and surfing the Web to playing games, watching videos, downloading cool apps and more, the fun begins right here"--P.  of cover.
- 2010 ProQuest SafariMartin Trautschold and Gary Mazo.Pt. I. Quick start guide -- pt. II. Introduction -- pt. 3. You and your iPad. Getting started -- Typing tips, copy/paste & search -- Sync your iPad with iTunes -- WiFi and 3G connections -- Moving, docking, and deletingicons -- Personalize and secure your iPad -- Playing music -- iBooks and E-books -- Viewing videos, tv shows, & more -- Bluetooth on the iPad -- Surf the web with Safari -- E-mail -- Working with contacts -- Your calendar -- Working with photos -- Maps -- Eliminate your paper notes -- iWork : productivity on your iPad -- iTunes on your iPad -- Amazing App Store -- Games and fun -- Social networking -- New media : reading newspapers, magazines, and more -- Other sync methods -- Troubleshooting -- pt. IV. iPad's soulmate : iTunes. Your iTunes user guide.
- 2010 ProQuest SafariJ.D. Biersdorfer.Looks at the features and functions of the iPad, covering such topics as using Safari, setting up an email account, using built-in apps, playing games, using iTunes, watching videos, syncing with MobileMe.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEDimitris Rizopoulos."Preface Joint models for longitudinal and time-to-event data have become a valuable tool in the analysis of follow-up data. These models are applicable mainly in two settings: First, when focus is in the survival outcome and we wish to account for the effect of an endogenous time-dependent covariate measured with error, and second, when focus is in the longitudinal outcome and we wish to correct for nonrandom dropout. Due to their capability to provide valid inferences in settings where simpler statistical tools fail to do so, and their wide range of applications, the last 25 years have seen many advances in the joint modeling field. Even though interest and developments in joint models have been widespread, information about them has been equally scattered in articles, presenting recent advances in the field, and in book chapters in a few texts dedicated either to longitudinal or survival data analysis. However, no single monograph or text dedicated to this type of models seems to be available. The purpose in writing this book, therefore, is to provide an overview of the theory and application of joint models for longitudinal and survival data. In the literature two main frameworks have been proposed, namely the random effects joint model that uses latent variables to capture the associations between the two outcomes (Tsiatis and Davidian, 2004), and the marginal structural joint models based on G estimators (Robins et al., 1999, 2000). In this book we focus in the former. Both subfields of joint modeling, i.e., handling of endogenous time-varying covariates and nonrandom dropout, are equally covered and presented in real datasets"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2000 ScienceDirectedited by Cornelius T. Leondes.v. 1. Implementation -- v. 2. Optimization -- v. 3. Computer techniques -- v. 4. Systems and applications.
- 2001 CRCnetBASERick Bitter, Taqi Mohiuddin, Matt Nawrocki.
- 2008 SpringerDeepayan Sarkar.
- 2006 ProQuest SafariSeyed M.M. "Saied" Tahaghoghi and Hugh E. Williams.
- 2008 ProQuest SafariRandal L. Schwartz, Tom Phoenix, and Brian D. Foy.
- 2007 ProQuest Safariby Michele E. Davis and Jon A. Phillips.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariMark Lutz.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariMichael Fitzgerald.
- 2005 ProQuest SafariAlan Beaulieu.
- 2005 ProQuest SafariCameron Newham.
- 2002 ProQuest SafariArnold Robbins and Bill Rosenblatt.
- 2002 ProQuest SafariJerry Peek, John Strang, Grace Todino-Gonguet.
- 2003 ProQuest SafariJesse Liberty.Visual Basic.NET and .NET programming -- Getting started with VB.NET -- Object-oriented programming -- Visual studio .NET -- VB.NET language fundamentals -- Branching -- Operators -- Classes and objects -- Inside methods -- Basic debugging -- Inheritance and polymorphism -- Structures -- Interfaces -- Arrays -- Collection interfaces and types -- Strings -- Throwing and catching exceptions - Applications and events -- Afterword.
- 2003 ProQuest SafariErik T. Ray.
- 2005 ProQuest SafariEllen Siever ... [et al.].
- 2008Succinct guide for Windows users migrating to the Mac.
- 2005 ProQuest SafariDavid Pogue.
- 2005 ProQuest SafariBrian Jepson and Ernest E. Rothman.
- 2012 ProQuest SafariDrew Conway and John Myles White.Machine generated contents note: -- 1. Using R -- R for Machine Learning -- Downloading and Installing R -- IDEs and Text Editors -- Loading and Installing R Packages -- R Basics for Machine Learning -- Further Reading on R -- 2. Data Exploration -- Exploration versus Confirmation -- What Is Data? -- Inferring the Types of Columns in Your Data -- Inferring Meaning -- Numeric Summaries -- Means, Medians, and Modes -- Quantiles -- Standard Deviations and Variances -- Exploratory Data Visualization -- Visualizing the Relationships Between Columns -- 3. Classification: Spam Filtering -- This or That: Binary Classification -- Moving Gently into Conditional Probability -- Writing Our First Bayesian Spam Classifier -- Defining the Classifier and Testing It with Hard Ham -- Testing the Classifier Against All Email Types -- Improving the Results -- 4. Ranking: Priority Inbox -- How Do You Sort Something When You Don't Know the Order? -- Ordering Email Messages by Priority -- Contents note continued: Priority Features of Email -- Writing a Priority Inbox -- Functions for Extracting the Feature Set -- Creating a Weighting Scheme for Ranking -- Weighting from Email Thread Activity -- Training and Testing the Ranker -- 5. Regression: Predicting Page Views -- Introducing Regression -- The Baseline Model -- Regression Using Dummy Variables -- Linear Regression in a Nutshell -- Predicting Web Traffic -- Defining Correlation -- 6. Regularization: Text Regression -- Nonlinear Relationships Between Columns: Beyond Straight Lines -- Introducing Polynomial Regression -- Methods for Preventing Overfitting -- Preventing Overfitting with Regularization -- Text Regression -- Logistic Regression to the Rescue -- 7. Optimization: Breaking Codes -- Introduction to Optimization -- Ridge Regression -- Code Breaking as Optimization -- 8. PCA: Building a Market Index -- Unsupervised Learning -- 9. MDS: Visually Exploring US Senator Similarity -- Contents note continued: Clustering Based on Similarity -- A Brief Introduction to Distance Metrics and Multidirectional Scaling -- How Do US Senators Cluster? -- Analyzing US Senator Roll Call Data (101st--111th Congresses) -- 10. kNN: Recommendation Systems -- The k-Nearest Neighbors Algorithm -- R Package Installation Data -- 11. Analyzing Social Graphs -- Social Network Analysis -- Thinking Graphically -- Hacking Twitter Social Graph Data -- Working with the Google SocialGraph API -- Analyzing Twitter Networks -- Local Community Structure -- Visualizing the Clustered Twitter Network with Gephi -- Building Your Own "Who to Follow" Engine -- 12. Model Comparison -- SVMs: The Support Vector Machine -- Comparing Algorithms.
- 2015 SpringerIssam El Naqa, Ruijiang Li, Martin J. Murphy, editors.This book provides a complete overview of the role of machine learning in radiation oncology and medical physics, covering basic theory, methods, and a variety of applications in medical physics and radiotherapy. An introductory section explains machine learning, reviews supervised and unsupervised learning methods, discusses performance evaluation, and summarizes potential applications in radiation oncology. Detailed individual sections are then devoted to the use of machine learning in quality assurance; computer-aided detection, including treatment planning and contouring; image-guided radiotherapy; respiratory motion management; and treatment response modeling and outcome prediction. The book will be invaluable for students and residents in medical physics and radiation oncology and will also appeal to more experienced practitioners and researchers and members of applied machine learning communities.
- 2005 Springerby Christoph Rasche.1 Seeing: blazing processing characteristics -- 2 Category representation and recognition evolvement -- 3 Neuroscientific inspiration -- 4 Neuromorphic tools -- 5 Insight from line drawings studies -- 6 Retina circuits signaling and propagating contours -- 7 The symmetric-axis transform -- 8 Motion detection -- 9 Neuromorphic architectures: pieces and proposals -- 10 Shape recognition with contour propagation fields -- 11 Scene recognition -- 12 Summary -- Terminology -- References -- Index.
- 2007 ProQuest Safariby Brian D. Foy.
- 2003 ProQuest SafariJames D. Tisdall.Also available: Print – 2003
- 2006 ProQuest SafariJeffrey E.F. Friedl.Introduction to regular expressions -- Extended introductory examples -- Overview of regular expression features and flavors -- The mechanics of expression processing -- Practical regex techniques -- Crafting an efficient expression -- Perl -- Java -- .NET -- PHP.
- 2012 ScienceDirectStormy Attaway.MATLAB has become the standard software tool for solving scientific and engineering problems due to its powerful built-in functions and its ability to program. Assuming no knowledge of programming, this book guides the reader through both programming and built-in functions to easily exploit MATLAB's extensive capabilities for tackling engineering problems. The book starts with programming concepts, such as variables, assignments, and selection statements, moves on to loops, and then solves problems using both the programming concept and the power of MATLAB. In-depth coverage is given to input/output, a topic fundamental to many engineering applications. The third edition of MATLAB: A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving has been updated to reflect the functionality of the current version of MATLAB. It features new and revised end-of-chapter exercises, stronger coverage of loops and vectorizing, and more engineering applications to help the reader learn this software tool in context. Presents programming concepts and MATLAB built-in functions side-by-sideSystematic, step-by-step approach, building on concepts throughout the book, facilitating easier learningSections on common pitfalls and programming guidelines direct students towards best practice.
- 2013 ScienceDirectStormy Attaway.pt. 1. Introduction to programming using MATLAB -- Introduction to Matlab -- Vectors and matrices -- Introduction to MATLAB programming -- Selection statements -- Loop statements and vectorizing code -- MATLAB programs -- String manipulation -- Data structures : cell arrays and structures -- Advanced file input and output -- Advanced functions -- pt. 2. Advanced topics for problem solving with MATLAB -- Advanced plotting techniques -- Basic statistics, sets, sorting, and indexing -- Sights and sounds -- Advanced mathematics.
- 2009 CRCnetBASEQing-Hua Qin, Hui Wang.
- MATLAB for neuroscientists : an introduction to scientific computing in MATLAB. Second edition. [2nd ed.]2014 ScienceDirectPascal Wallisch, Michael E. Lusignan, Marc D. Benayoun, Tanya I. Baker, Adam S. Dickey, Nicholas G. Hatsopoulous.
- 2009 ScienceDirectPascal Wallisch ... [et al.].
- 2012 SpringerMauro Borgo, Alessandro Soranzo, Massimo Grassi.Basic operations -- Data handling -- Plotting data -- Start programming -- A better sound -- Create and process images -- Data analysis -- The charm of graphical user interface -- Psychtoolbox : video -- Psychtoolbox : sound, keyboard and mouse.
- 2005 CRCnetBASETimothy A. Davis, Kermit Sigmon.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2002 CRCnetBASEKermit Sigmon, Timothy A. Davis.
- 2015 SpringerNaakesh A. Dewan, John S. Luo, Nancy M. Lorenzi, editors.Past, Present and Future Policy Landscape for Technology in Public Mental Health Care -- Electronic Health Records Technology: Policy and Realities -- Leading Health IT Optimization: A Next Frontier -- Computer aided Psychotherapy Technologies -- Cognitive Assessment and Enhancement Technologies -- Digital platform and technology innovation in treatment of substance use disorders -- Technology and Adolescent Behavioral Health Care -- An Overview of Practicing High Quality Telepsychiatry -- Virtual Reality Technologies -- Social Media Technologies -- Technology Tools supportive of DSM-V: An Overview -- Summary and Look Forward.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEedited by Luis Rueda.Microarray Image and Data Analysis: Theory and Practice is a compilation of the latest and greatest microarray image and data analysis methods from the multidisciplinary international research community. Delivering a detailed discussion of the biological aspects and applications of microarrays, the book:Describes the key stages of image processing, gridding, segmentation, compression, quantification, and normalizationFeatures cutting-edge approaches to clustering, biclustering, and the reconstruction of regulatory networksCovers different ty.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariJohn L. Viescas, Jeff Conrad.1. Understanding Microsoft Access -- 2. Building an Access 2007 Desktop Application -- 3. Creating Forms and Reports in a Desktop Application -- 4. Automating an Access Application -- 5. Linking Access and the Web -- 6. After Completing Your Application -- 7. Designing an Access Project -- 8. Articles.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2007 ProQuest SafariJim Boyce, Beth Sheresh, Doug Sheresh.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariTeresa S. Stover.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariMark H. Walker.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariPeter G. Aitken.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariFaithe Wempen.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariElaine Marmel.
- 2007 SpringerScot Hillier.
- 2006 SpringerScot P. Hillier.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariHerb Tyson.
- 2011 CRCnetBASE[edited by] David Lo, Siau-Cheng Khoo, Jiawei Han, Chao Liu.1. Specification mining : a concise introduction / David Lo ... [et al.] -- 2. Mining finite-state automata with annotations / Leonardo Mariani ... [et al.] -- 3. Adapting grammar inference techniques to mine state machines / Neil Walkinshaw and Kirill Bogdanov -- 4. Mining API usage protocols from large methods traces / Michael Pradel and Thomas R. Gross -- 5. Static API specification mining : exploiting source code model checking / Mithun Acharya and Tao Xie -- 6. Static specification mining using automata-based abstractions / Eran Yahav ... [et al.] -- 7. DynaMine : finding usage patterns and their violations by mining software repositories / Benjamin Livshits and Thomas Zimmermann -- 8. Automatic inference and effective application of temporal specifications / Jinlin Yang and David Evans -- 9. Path-aware static program analyses for specification mining / Muralikrishna Ramanathan, Ananth Grama, and Suresh Jagannathan -- 10. Mining API usage specifications via searching source code from the Web / Suresh Thummalapenta, Tao Xie, and Madhuri R. Marri -- 11. Merlin : specification inference for explicit information flow problems / Benjamin Livshits ... [et al.] -- 12. Lightweight mining of object usage / Andrzej Wasylkowski and Andreas Zeller.
- 2002 ScienceDirectSoumen Chakrabarti.Crawling the Web -- Web search and information retrieval -- Similarity and clustering -- Supervised learning -- Semisupervised learning -- Social network analysis -- Resource discovery -- The future of Web mining.
- 2003 CRCnetBASEPeter J. Mulquiney, Philip W. Kuchel.
- 2012 ScienceDirect[edited by] Zhaohui Wu, Huajun Chen, Xiaohong Jiang, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.Recognized as an essential component of Chinese culture, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is both an ancient medical system and one still used widely in China today. TCM's independently evolved knowledge system is expressed mainly in the Chinese language and the information is frequently only available through ancient classics and confidential family records, making it difficult to utilize. The major concern in TCM is how to consolidate and integrate the data, enabling efficient retrieval and discovery of novel knowledge from the dispersed data. Computational approaches such as data mining, semantic reasoning and computational intelligence have emerged as innovative approaches for the reservation and utilization of this knowledge system. Typically, this requires an inter-disciplinary approach involving Chinese culture, computer science, modern healthcare and life sciences. This book examines the computerization of TCM information and knowledge to provide intelligent resources and supporting evidences for clinical decision-making, drug discovery, and education. Recent research results from the Traditional Chinese Medicine Informatics Group of Zhejiang University are presented, gathering in one resource systematic approaches for massive data processing in TCM. These include the utilization of modern Semantic Web and data mining methods for more advanced data integration, data analysis and integrative knowledge discovery. This book will appeal to medical professionals, life sciences students, computer scientists, and those interested in integrative, complementary, and alternative medicine. Interdisciplinary book bringing together Traditional Chinese Medicine and computer scientists. Introduces novel network technologies to Traditional Chinese Medicine informaticsProvides theory and practical examples and case studies of new techniques.
- 2006 ScienceDirectedited by Bernadette Bouchon-Meunier, Giulianella Coletti, Ronald R. Yager.Entropies, characterizations, applications and some history / János Aczél -- Belief function theory on the continuous space with an application to model based classification / B. Ristic and Ph. Smets -- Independence in conditional possibility theory / G. Coletti and B. Vantaggi -- Joint treatment of imprecision and randomness in uncertainty propagation / C. Baudrit, D. Dubois, D. Guyonnet and H. Fargier -- Consistency of probabilistic transformations of belief functions / M. Daniel -- Randomization and uncertain inference / Henry E. Kyburg, Jr. and Choh Man Teng -- An empirical complexity study for a 2CPA solver / M. Baioletti, A. Capotorti and S. Tulipani -- Consistency in preference modelling / José Luis García-Lapresta and Javier Montero -- Transitive decomposition of min-transitive fuzzy relations / S. Díaz, B. De Baets and S. Montes -- Decision making with fuzzy ternary relations / S. Ovchinnikov -- New consistency properties for preference relations / F. Chiclana, E. Herrera-Viedma and F. Herrera -- Management of uncertainty orderings through ASP / Andrea Capotorti and Andrea Formisano -- Automating the quality assurance of an on-line knowledge-based classifier by fusing multiple off-line classifiers / Piero P. Bonissone -- Qualitative classification with possibilistic decision trees / Nahla Ben Amor, Salem Benferhat and Zied Elouedi -- Discovery of abstract knowledge from non-atomic attribute values in fuzzy relational databases / Rafal A. Angryk and Frederick E. Petry -- Kernel-based outlier preserving clustering with representativity coefficients / M.-J. Lesot -- Fuzzy C-medoids clustering models for time-varying data / R. Coppi, P. D'Urso and P. Giordani -- Improving the K2 algorithm using association rule parameters / Evelina Lamma, Fabrizio Riguzzi and Sergio Storari -- OWA aggregation on an interval argument / Ronald R. Yager -- On bi-capacity-based concordance rules in multicriteria decision making / A. Rolland -- Information evaluation in fusion : formalization of informal recommendations / Laurence Cholvy -- Application of uncertainty-based methods to fuse language identification expert decisions / J. Gutiérrez, J.-L. Rouas and R. André-Obrecht -- Intelligent multiattribute decision support model for medical triage / F. Burstein, Jocelyn San Pedro, Leonid Churilov and Jeff Wassertheil -- Interval-based multicriteria decision making / Martine Ceberio and François Modave -- A linguistic hierarchical evaluation model for engineering systems / L. Martínez, L.G. Pérez, J. Liu, J.B. Yang and F. Herrera -- Non monotonic aggregates applying to fuzzy sets in flexible querying / Patrick Bosc and Ludovic Liétard -- Fuzzy spatial data modeling : an extended bitmap approach / Jörg Verstraete, Guy De Tré and Axel Hallez -- Introducing [lambda]-specialization into the fuzzy EER model / Guoqing Chen, Ling Lin and Xunhua Guo -- A logical reasoning framework for modelling and merging uncertain semi-structured information / Anthony Hunter and Weiru Liu -- Machine learning and the prediction of protein structure : the state of the art / Rita Casadio, Remo Calabrese, Emidio Capriotti, Mario Compiani, Piero Fariselli, Paola Marani, Ludovica Montanucci, Pier Luigi Martelli, Ivan Rossi and Gianluca Tasco -- Efficient and robust global amino acid sequence alignment with uncertain evolutionary distance / Matthias C.M. Troffaes -- Classifying biomedical spectra using stochastic feature selection and parallelized multi-layer perceptrons / N.J. Pizzi, R.L. Somorjai and W. Pedrycz -- On the sensitivity of probabilistic networks to reliability characteristics / Linda C. van der Gaag and Silja Renooij -- Dominance of recognition of words presented on right or left eye (comparison of kanji and hiragana) / Takahiro Yamanoi, Toshimasa Yamazaki, Jean-Louis Vercher, Elie Sanchez and Michio Sugeno -- Hand posture recognition with the fuzzy glove / T. Allevard, E. Benoit and L. Foulloy -- Image retrieval by composition of regions / J.F. Omhover and M. Detyniecki -- Blind image restoration from multiple views by IMAP estimation / Monia Discepoli, Ivan Gerace and Roberta Pandolfi -- A combined feature extraction method for an electronic nose / I. Hristozov, B. Iliev and S. Eskiizmirliler.
- v.1-2, 2011 Springerv.2 (2011) SpringerAyman S. El-Baz, Rajendra Acharya U, Majid Mirmehdi, Jasjit S. Suri.
- Paul DuBois.This book offers dozens of short, focused pieces of code and hundreds of worked-out examples for programmers of all levels who don't have the time or expertise to solve MySQL problems from scratch. Each recipe explains how and why the code works, so you'll learn as you. This new edition covers MySQL 5.0 and its powerful new features, along with the older but still widespread MySQL 4.1.
- Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Program : supplement to the President's budget for fiscal year 2008 : a report2007by the Subcommittee on Networking and Information Technology Research and Development, Committee on Technology, National Science and Technology Council.
- Neural networks for applied sciences and engineering : from fundamentals to complex pattern recognition2007 CRCnetBASESandhya Samarasinghe.
- 2013 SpringerAlberta Ferrari, Adele Sgarella, Sandro Zonta, Editors ; foreword by Virgilio Sacchini.This book describes in detail three different techniques for minimally invasive video-assisted breast surgery: nipple-sparing mastectomy with a hand-held external retractor, with a single-port device, and with robotic assistance. All three techniques can be employed for radical treatment of breast cancer or for risk reduction surgery, and the last two are brand new. The techniques are clearly explained with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations. All surgical stages are covered in detail, and helpful information is provided on key aspects of surgical anatomy, diagnostic workup, instrumentation, and postoperative management. Nipple Sparing Mastectomy is the first manual to cover these techniques, which are likely to become standard in the field of oncological breast surgery. It will be invaluable for breast surgeons who are skilled in nipple-sparing mastectomy and oncoplastic techniques or are working in breast units that offer genetic counseling to high-risk patients.
- 2011 CRCnetBASEDieter Rasch, Jürgen Pilz, Rob Verdooren, Albrecht Gebhardt."Experimental design is often overlooked in the literature of applied and mathematical statistics: statistics is taught and understood as merely a collection of methods for analyzing data. Consequently, experimenters seldom think about optimal design, including prerequisites such as the necessary sample size needed for a precise answer for an experimental question. Providing a concise introduction to experimental design theory, Optimal Experimental Design with R: Introduces the philosophy of experimental design Provides an easy process for constructing experimental designs and calculating necessary sample size using R programs Teaches by example using a custom made R program package: OPDOE. Consisting of detailed, data-rich examples, this book introduces experimenters to the philosophy of experimentation, experimental design, and data collection. It gives researchers and statisticians guidance in the construction of optimum experimental designs using R programs, including sample size calculations, hypothesis testing, and confidence estimation. A final chapter of in-depth theoretical details is included for interested mathematical statisticians"--Back cover.
- 2005 ProQuest SafariSteven Feuerstein, Bill Pribyl and Jonathan Gennick.
- 2002 ProQuest SafariJonathan Gennick.
- 2005 ProQuest SafariJonathan Gennick.
- 2002 SUNet ID login required to search for this titleby Carol McCullough-Dieter ; foreword by Ned Dana.
- 2005 SpringerMike Gunderloy.
- 2010 SpringerRoy C.P. Kerckhoffs, editor.Integrating State-of-the-Art Computational Modeling with Clinical Practice: The Promise of Numerical Methods / David E. Krummen, Gainyu Oshodi and Sanjiv M. Narayan -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Cardiovascular Dynamics with a Major Role for Adaptation / Theo Arts, Joost Lumens, Wilco Kroon, Dirk Donker and Frits Prinzen, et al. -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Structure and Function of Cardiac Cells / Frank B. Sachse -- Studies of Therapeutic Strategies for Atrial Fibrillation Based on a Biophysical Model of the Human Atria / Laurent Uldry, Nathalie Virag, Jean-Marc Vesin and Lukas Kappenberger -- Patient-Specific Modeling for Critical Care / Maxwell Lewis Neal -- Biomechanical Analysis of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms / Lambert Speelman, Mariëlle Bosboom, Geert W. H. Schurink and Frans N. v.d. Vosse -- The Cardiac Atlas Project: Towards a Map of the Heart / Michael Backhaus, Jae Do Chung, Brett R. Cowan, Carissa G. Fonseca and Wenchao Tao, et al. -- In Vivo Myocardial Material Properties and Stress Distributions in Normal and Failing Human Hearts / Jonathan F. Wenk, Zhihong Zhang, Guangming Cheng, Kay Sun and Joseph C. Walker, et al. -- Modeling of Whole-Heart Electrophysiology and Mechanics: Toward Patient-Specific Simulations / Fijoy Vadakkumpadan, Viatcheslav Gurev, Jason Constantino, Hermenegild Arevalo and Natalia Trayanova -- Personalized Computational Models of the Heart for Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy / Maxime Sermesant and Reza Razavi -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Hypoxic Response and Microvasculature Dynamics / Joanna Nathan and Amina Ann Qutub -- A Computational Framework for Patient-Specific Multi-Scale Cardiac Modeling / Jazmin Aguado-Sierra, Roy C. P. Kerckhoffs, Fred Lionetti, Darlene Hunt and Chris Villongco, et al.
- 2002 CRCnetBASESing-Tze Bow.
- 2002 ProQuest SafariSean M. Burke.
- 2002 ProQuest SafariErik T. Ray and Jason McIntosh.
- 2003 ProQuest SafariTom Christiansen and Nathan Torkington.Also available: Print – 2003
- 2002 ProQuest SafariAndy Duncan and Jared Still.
- 2002 ProQuest SafariNathan Patwardhan, Ellen Siever and Stephen Spainhour.
- 2007 CRCnetBASEedited by Jakob E. Bardram, Alex Mihailidis, Dadong Wan.Overview of healthcare, disease, and disability / Jeffrey Kaye, Tracy Zitzelberger -- Computer science tools and techniques / Martha E. Pollack, Bart Peintner -- Pervasive computing in hospitals / Jakob E. Bardram, Heribert Baldus, Jesus Favela -- Pervasive computing in the home and community / Donald J. Patterson, Henry A. Kautz, Dieter Fox, Lin Liao -- Mobile and personal health and wellness management systems / Elina Mattila, Ilkka Korhonen, Niilo Saranummi -- Sensors and wearable technologies for pervasive healthcare / Sungmee Park, Sundaresan Jayaraman -- Assistive technologies / Edmund LoPresti -- Human factors and usability of healthcare systems / Andre Kushniruk, Elizabeth Borycki -- Routes and requirements for realizing pervasive medical devices / Michael P. Craven -- User evaluation in pervasive healthcare / Tim Adlam, Roger Orpwood, Teresa Dunn -- The business of pervasive healthcare / Dadong Wan, Luis E. Taveras.
- 2007 ProQuest SafariLaurie Ulrich Fuller, Robert C. Fuller.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEK.J. Blinowska, J. Zygierewicz.1. Introductory concepts -- 2. Single channel (univariate) signal -- 3. Multiple channels (multivariate) signals -- 4. Application to biomedical signals.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEMonte F. Hancock, Jr.What is data mining and what can it do? -- The data mining process -- Problem definition (Step 1) -- Data evaluation (Step 2) -- Feature extraction and enhancement (Step 3) -- Prototyping plan and model development (Step 4) -- Model evaluation (Step 5) -- Implementation (Step 6) -- Supervised learning Genre section 1 - Detecting and characterizing known patterns -- Forensic analysis Genre Section 2 -Detecting, characterizing, and exploiting hidden patterns -- Genre Section 3 - Knowledge : Its acquisition, representation, and use.
- 2007 CRCnetBASESusanne Prokscha.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2001 ProQuest SafariJudith S. Bowman, Sandra L. Emerson, Marcy Darnovsky.SQL and relational database management -- Designing databases -- Creating and filling a database -- Selecting data from the database -- Sorting data and other selection techniques -- Grouping data and reporting from it -- Joining tables for comprehensive data analysis -- Structuring queries with subqueries -- Creating and using views -- Security, transactions, performance, and integrity -- Solving business problems.Also available: Print – 2001
- 2012 SpringerTim Benson.Part 1. Principles of Health Interoperability -- The Health Information Revolution -- Why Interoperability is Hard -- Models -- UML and XML -- Privacy -- Standards Development Organizations -- Part 2. HL7 and Interchange Formats -- HL7 Version 2 -- The HL7 V3 RIM -- Constrained Information Models -- Clinical Document Architecture -- HL7 Dynamic Model -- IHE XDS -- Part 3. SNOMED and Terminology -- Clinical Terminology -- Coding and Classification Schemes -- SNOMED CT -- SNOMED CT Concept Model -- Using SNOMED and HL7 Together.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.