Books by Subject
ComputersAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Haptics: perception, devices and scenarios 2008, Springer
- High performance MySQL. 2nd ed. 2008, ProQuest Safari
- High performance MySQL. 3rd ed. 2012, ProQuest SafariMySQL architecture and history -- Benchmarking MySQL -- Profiling server performance -- Optimizing schema and data types -- Indexing for high performance -- Query performance optimization -- Advanced MySQL features -- Optimizing server settings -- Operating system and hardware optimization -- Replication -- Scaling MySQL -- High availability -- MySQL in the cloud -- Application-level optimization -- Backup and recovery -- Tools for MySQL users -- Forks and variants of MySQL -- MySQL server status -- Transferring large files -- Using EXPLAIN -- Debugging locks -- Using Sphinx with MySQL.
- HTML & XHTML. 5th ed. 2002, ProQuest SafariHTML, XHTML, and the World Wide Web -- Quick start -- Anatomy of an HTML document -- Text basics -- Rules, images, and multimedia -- Links and webs -- Formatted lists -- Cascading style sheets -- Forms -- Tables -- Frames -- Executable content -- Dynamic documents -- Netscape layout extensions -- XML -- XHTML -- Tips, tricks, and hacks.
- HTTP 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Human-computer interaction handbook. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Humans in HCI -- pt. 2. Computers in HCI -- pt. 3. Designing human-computer interactions -- pt. 4. Application/domain specific design -- pt. 5. Designing for diversity -- pt. 6. The development process.
- E-health is closely related with networks and telecommunications when dealing with applications of collecting or transferring medical data from distant locations for performing remote medical collaborations and diagnosis. In this book we provide an overview of the fields of image and signal processing for networked and distributed e-health applications and their supporting technologies. The book is structured in 10 chapters, starting the discussion from the lower end, that of acquisition and processing of biosignals and medical images and ending in complex virtual reality systems and techniques providing more intuitive interaction in a networked medical environment. The book also discusses networked clinical decision support systems and corresponding medical standards, WWW-based applications, medical collaborative platforms, wireless networking, and the concepts of ambient intelligence and pervasive computing in electronic healthcare systems.
- Image processing handbook. 4th ed. 2002, CRCnetBASEThis essential resource covers binary image processing, color images, depth resolution, image interpretation problems, thresholding multiband images, among many other areas of image analysis and processing.
- Image recognition and classification 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Implementing an electronic health record system 2005, SpringerOrganizational climate -- Needs assessment -- Vendor selection and contract negotiation -- Infrastructure -- Workflow assessment and redesign -- Staffing and managing implementation teams -- Usability -- Training -- Clinical decision support -- Translating scope of practice into effective EHR workflows -- System integration -- Production support -- Managing the client-vendor partnership -- Phased implementation -- Optimizing primary-care practices -- Special-purpose software -- Optimizing inpatient care -- Extending EHR access to patients -- Extending EHR access to external physicians -- Summary and prospects.
- Implementing electronic document and record management systems 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Information hiding 2007, Springer
- Information modeling and relational databases 2001, ScienceDirect
- Information security policies, procedures, and standards 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Information visualization 2008, Springer
- Intelligent image processing 2002, Wileych. 1. Humanistic Intelligence as a Basis for Intelligent Image Processing, p. 1-14 -- ch. 2. Where on the Body is the Best Place for a Personal Imaging System?, p. 15-63 -- ch. 3. The EyeTap Principle: Effectively Locating the Camera Inside the Eye as an Alternative to Wearable Camera Systems, p. 64-102 -- ch. 4. Comparametric Equations, Quantigraphic Image Processing, and Comparagraphic Rendering, p. 103-178 -- ch. 5. Lightspace and Antihomomorphic Vector Spaces, p. 179-232 -- ch. 6. VideoOrbits: The Projective Geometry Renaissance, p. 233-294 -- Appendix A. Safety First! (page 295 -- Appendix B. Multiambic Keyer for Use While Engaged in Other Activities, p. 296-318 -- Appendix C. WearCam GNUX Howto, p. 319-324 -- Appendix D. How to Build a Covert Computer Imaging System into Ordinary Looking Sunglasses, p. 325-331.
- Intelligent systems for information processing 2003, ScienceDirect
- Intermediate Perl 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Introduction to scientific programming and simulation using R 2009, CRCnetBASEI. Programming. Setting up -- R as a calculating environment -- Basic programming -- I/O: input and output -- Programming with functions -- Sophisticated data structures -- Better graphics -- Pointers to further programming techniques -- II. Numerical techniques. Numerical accuracy and program efficiency -- Root-finding -- Numerical integration -- Optimisation -- III. Probability and statistics. Probability -- Random variables-- Discrete random variables -- Continuous random variables -- Parameter estimation -- IV. Simulation -- Monte-Carlo integration -- Variance reduction -- Cases studies -- Student projects -- Glossary of R commands -- Programs and functions developed in the text.
- Introductory statistics with R 2002, ebrary
- iPad 2-- the missing manual. 2nd ed. 2011, ProQuest SafariLooks at the features and functions of the iPad2, covering such topics as accessing the Internet, setting up an email account, using built-in apps, playing games, using iTunes, watching videos, and syncing with MobileMe.
- iPad for dummies 2010, ProQuest Safari"Part iPod touch, part MacBook, part eReader, and all amazing, the iPad combines the best of your favorite gadgets into one ultraportable touch device. This handy guide helps you make the most of your iPad. From sending e-mail and surfing the Web to playing games, watching videos, downloading cool apps and more, the fun begins right here"--P.  of cover.
- iPad made simple 2010, ProQuest SafariPt. I. Quick start guide -- pt. II. Introduction -- pt. 3. You and your iPad. Getting started -- Typing tips, copy/paste & search -- Sync your iPad with iTunes -- WiFi and 3G connections -- Moving, docking, and deletingicons -- Personalize and secure your iPad -- Playing music -- iBooks and E-books -- Viewing videos, tv shows, & more -- Bluetooth on the iPad -- Surf the web with Safari -- E-mail -- Working with contacts -- Your calendar -- Working with photos -- Maps -- Eliminate your paper notes -- iWork : productivity on your iPad -- iTunes on your iPad -- Amazing App Store -- Games and fun -- Social networking -- New media : reading newspapers, magazines, and more -- Other sync methods -- Troubleshooting -- pt. IV. iPad's soulmate : iTunes. Your iTunes user guide.
- Joint models for longitudinal and time-to-event data 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface Joint models for longitudinal and time-to-event data have become a valuable tool in the analysis of follow-up data. These models are applicable mainly in two settings: First, when focus is in the survival outcome and we wish to account for the effect of an endogenous time-dependent covariate measured with error, and second, when focus is in the longitudinal outcome and we wish to correct for nonrandom dropout. Due to their capability to provide valid inferences in settings where simpler statistical tools fail to do so, and their wide range of applications, the last 25 years have seen many advances in the joint modeling field. Even though interest and developments in joint models have been widespread, information about them has been equally scattered in articles, presenting recent advances in the field, and in book chapters in a few texts dedicated either to longitudinal or survival data analysis. However, no single monograph or text dedicated to this type of models seems to be available. The purpose in writing this book, therefore, is to provide an overview of the theory and application of joint models for longitudinal and survival data. In the literature two main frameworks have been proposed, namely the random effects joint model that uses latent variables to capture the associations between the two outcomes (Tsiatis and Davidian, 2004), and the marginal structural joint models based on G estimators (Robins et al., 1999, 2000). In this book we focus in the former. Both subfields of joint modeling, i.e., handling of endogenous time-varying covariates and nonrandom dropout, are equally covered and presented in real datasets"--Provided by publisher.
- Knowledge-based systems 2000, ScienceDirectv. 1. Implementation -- v. 2. Optimization -- v. 3. Computer techniques -- v. 4. Systems and applications.
- LabVIEW advanced programming techniques 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Lattice 2008, Springer
- Learning MySQL 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Perl. 5th ed. 2008, ProQuest Safari
- Learning PHP & MySQL. 2nd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Python. 3rd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Ruby 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Learning SQL 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the bash shell. 3rd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the Korn Shell. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Learning the UNIX operating system. 5th ed. / 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Learning UNIX for Mac OS X Panther 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Learning Visual Basic .NET 2003, ProQuest SafariVisual Basic.NET and .NET programming --Getting started with VB.NET --Object-oriented programming --Visual studio .NET --VB.NET language fundamentals --Branching --Operators --Classes and objects --Inside methods --Basic debugging --Inheritance and polymorphism --Structures --Interfaces --Arrays --Collection interfaces and types --Strings --Throwing and catching exceptions -Applications and events --Afterword.
- Learning XML. 2nd ed. 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Learning XSLT ProQuest Safari
- Linux in a nutshell. 5th ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Mac 101: 2008Succinct guide for Windows users migrating to the Mac.
- Mac OS X 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Mac OS X for Unix geeks 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Mac OS X Tiger for Unix geeks. 3rd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Machine learning for hackers. 1st ed. 2012, ProQuest SafariMachine generated contents note: -- 1. Using R -- R for Machine Learning -- Downloading and Installing R -- IDEs and Text Editors -- Loading and Installing R Packages -- R Basics for Machine Learning -- Further Reading on R -- 2. Data Exploration -- Exploration versus Confirmation -- What Is Data? -- Inferring the Types of Columns in Your Data -- Inferring Meaning -- Numeric Summaries -- Means, Medians, and Modes -- Quantiles -- Standard Deviations and Variances -- Exploratory Data Visualization -- Visualizing the Relationships Between Columns -- 3. Classification: Spam Filtering -- This or That: Binary Classification -- Moving Gently into Conditional Probability -- Writing Our First Bayesian Spam Classifier -- Defining the Classifier and Testing It with Hard Ham -- Testing the Classifier Against All Email Types -- Improving the Results -- 4. Ranking: Priority Inbox -- How Do You Sort Something When You Don't Know the Order? -- Ordering Email Messages by Priority --Contents note continued: Priority Features of Email -- Writing a Priority Inbox -- Functions for Extracting the Feature Set -- Creating a Weighting Scheme for Ranking -- Weighting from Email Thread Activity -- Training and Testing the Ranker -- 5. Regression: Predicting Page Views -- Introducing Regression -- The Baseline Model -- Regression Using Dummy Variables -- Linear Regression in a Nutshell -- Predicting Web Traffic -- Defining Correlation -- 6. Regularization: Text Regression -- Nonlinear Relationships Between Columns: Beyond Straight Lines -- Introducing Polynomial Regression -- Methods for Preventing Overfitting -- Preventing Overfitting with Regularization -- Text Regression -- Logistic Regression to the Rescue -- 7. Optimization: Breaking Codes -- Introduction to Optimization -- Ridge Regression -- Code Breaking as Optimization -- 8. PCA: Building a Market Index -- Unsupervised Learning -- 9. MDS: Visually Exploring US Senator Similarity --Contents note continued: Clustering Based on Similarity -- A Brief Introduction to Distance Metrics and Multidirectional Scaling -- How Do US Senators Cluster? -- Analyzing US Senator Roll Call Data (101st--111th Congresses) -- 10. kNN: Recommendation Systems -- The k-Nearest Neighbors Algorithm -- R Package Installation Data -- 11. Analyzing Social Graphs -- Social Network Analysis -- Thinking Graphically -- Hacking Twitter Social Graph Data -- Working with the Google SocialGraph API -- Analyzing Twitter Networks -- Local Community Structure -- Visualizing the Clustered Twitter Network with Gephi -- Building Your Own "Who to Follow" Engine -- 12. Model Comparison -- SVMs: The Support Vector Machine -- Comparing Algorithms.
- Making of a neuromorphic visual system 2005, Springer1Seeing: blazing processing characteristics --2Category representation and recognition evolvement --3Neuroscientific inspiration --4Neuromorphic tools --5Insight from line drawings studies --6Retina circuits signaling and propagating contours --7The symmetric-axis transform --8Motion detection --9Neuromorphic architectures: pieces and proposals --10Shape recognition with contour propagation fields --11Scene recognition --12Summary --Terminology --References --Index.
- Mastering Perl 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Mastering Perl for bioinformatics 2003, ProQuest Safari
- Mastering regular expressions. 3rd ed. 2006, ProQuest SafariIntroduction to regular expressions -- Extended introductory examples -- Overview of regular expression features and flavors -- The mechanics of expression processing -- Practical regex techniques -- Crafting an efficient expression -- Perl -- Java -- .NET -- PHP.
- MATLAB and C programming for Trefftz finite element methods 2009, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB for neuroscientists. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ScienceDirect
- MATLAB for psychologists 2012, SpringerBasic operations -- Data handling -- Plotting data -- Start programming -- A better sound -- Create and process images -- Data analysis -- The charm of graphical user interface -- Psychtoolbox : video -- Psychtoolbox : sound, keyboard and mouse.
- MATLAB primer. 6th ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB primer. 7th ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- MATLAB-- a practical introduction to programming and problem solving. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectpt. 1. Introduction to programming using MATLAB -- Introduction to Matlab -- Vectors and matrices -- Introduction to MATLAB programming -- Selection statements -- Loop statements and vectorizing code -- MATLAB programs -- String manipulation -- Data structures : cell arrays and structures -- Advanced file input and output -- Advanced functions -- pt. 2. Advanced topics for problem solving with MATLAB -- Advanced plotting techniques -- Basic statistics, sets, sorting, and indexing -- Sights and sounds -- Advanced mathematics.
- Microsoft Access 2007 data analysis 2007, books24x7
- Microsoft Excel & Access integration with Office 2007 2007, books24x7Getting Excel data into Access -- Analyzing Excel data with Access queries -- Sprucing up Excel data with Access reports -- Using PivotTables and PivotCharts in Access -- Getting Access data into Excel -- Leveraging macros in Excel and Access -- VBA fundamentals -- Using VBA to move data between Excel and Access -- Exploring Excel and Access automation -- Integrating Excel and Access with XML -- Integrating Excel and other Office applications.
- Microsoft Office 2007 business intelligence 2008, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft Office Access 2007 inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari1. Understanding Microsoft Access -- 2. Building an Access 2007 Desktop Application -- 3. Creating Forms and Reports in a Desktop Application -- 4. Automating an Access Application -- 5. Linking Access and the Web -- 6. After Completing Your Application -- 7. Designing an Access Project -- 8. Articles.
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003 inside out 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007 formulas & functions for dummies 2007, books24x7
- Microsoft Office home and student 2007 step by step 2008, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office Project 2003 bible 2004, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft Office Project 2003 step by step 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office Project 2007 inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office system inside out. 2003 ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialGetting going with Office 2003 -- Using shared Office 2003 application features -- Word -- Excel -- PowerPoint -- Outlook -- Access -- FrontPage fundamentals -- Infopath -- Customizing Office 2003 using VBA.
- Microsoft Office Visio 2003 inside out 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007 inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Microsoft Office Word 2003 inside out 2004, ProQuest SafariProfessional tools for professional documents -- Reinforcing your message with tables, charts, diagrams, and pictures -- Designing pages for maximum visual impact -- Publishing long or complex documents -- Collaborating online and on team projects -- Advanced Word : XML, forms, and VBA.
- Microsoft Office Word 2007 inside out Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialPART 1: WORD 2007: STARTING YOUR DOCUMENT WITH LATEST AND GREATEST: Room to create with Office Word 2007 -- Document creation with Word 2007 -- Mastering page setup and pagination -- Formatting documents using templates -- Applying themes for a professional look -- PART 2: WORKING WITH CONTENT: Mastering document fundamentals -- Honing document navigation skills -- Working with building blocks and other text tools -- Refining with research services and reference tools -- Outlining documents for clarity and structure -- PART 3: VISUAL ELEMENTS: TABLES, CHARTS, DIAGRAMS, PICTURES: Organizing concepts in tables -- Showcasing data with SmartArt and charts -- Adding visual impact with pictures, drawings, and WordArt -- PART 4: PROFESSIONAL POLISH: LISTS, STYLES, BACKGROUNDS, AND BORDERS: Aligning information and formatting paragraphs and lists -- Using styles to increase your formatting power -- Formatting layouts using backgrounds, watermarks, and text boxes -- Commanding attention with borders and shading -- PART 5: COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS: SHARED DOCUMENTS, REVISIONS, SECURITY: Sharing documents and collaborating online -- Revising documents using markup tools -- Addressing document protection and security issues -- PART 6: COMPLEX DOCUMENTS: SECTIONS, MASTER DOCUMENTS, AND REFERENCES: Formatting columns and sections for advanced text content -- Configuring references -- Generating first-class tables of contents and reference tables -- Creating effective indexes -- PART 7: PUBLISHING WORD TO THE WORLD: Printing with precision -- Blogging from Word 2007 -- Performing mail merges -- Customizing documents with content controls -- Working with XML -- Working with macros and VBA.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft Project 2007 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007, Springer
- Microsoft SharePoint. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Microsoft Word 2007 bible 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Mining software specifications 2011, CRCnetBASE1. Specification mining : a concise introduction / David Lo ... [et al.] -- 2. Mining finite-state automata with annotations / Leonardo Mariani ... [et al.] -- 3. Adapting grammar inference techniques to mine state machines / Neil Walkinshaw and Kirill Bogdanov -- 4. Mining API usage protocols from large methods traces / Michael Pradel and Thomas R. Gross -- 5. Static API specification mining : exploiting source code model checking / Mithun Acharya and Tao Xie -- 6. Static specification mining using automata-based abstractions / Eran Yahav ... [et al.] -- 7. DynaMine : finding usage patterns and their violations by mining software repositories / Benjamin Livshits and Thomas Zimmermann -- 8. Automatic inference and effective application of temporal specifications / Jinlin Yang and David Evans -- 9. Path-aware static program analyses for specification mining / Muralikrishna Ramanathan, Ananth Grama, and Suresh Jagannathan -- 10. Mining API usage specifications via searching source code from the Web / Suresh Thummalapenta, Tao Xie, and Madhuri R. Marri -- 11. Merlin : specification inference for explicit information flow problems / Benjamin Livshits ... [et al.] -- 12. Lightweight mining of object usage / Andrzej Wasylkowski and Andreas Zeller.
- Mining the Web 2002, ScienceDirectCrawling the Web -- Web search and information retrieval -- Similarity and clustering -- Supervised learning -- Semisupervised learning -- Social network analysis -- Resource discovery -- The future of Web mining.
- Modeling metabolism with Mathematica 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Modern computational approaches meets traditional Chinese medicine 2012, ScienceDirect
- Modern information processing 2006, ScienceDirectEntropies, characterizations, applications and some history / János Aczél -- Belief function theory on the continuous space with an application to model based classification / B. Ristic and Ph. Smets -- Independence in conditional possibility theory / G. Coletti and B. Vantaggi -- Joint treatment of imprecision and randomness in uncertainty propagation / C. Baudrit, D. Dubois, D. Guyonnet and H. Fargier -- Consistency of probabilistic transformations of belief functions / M. Daniel -- Randomization and uncertain inference / Henry E. Kyburg, Jr. and Choh Man Teng -- An empirical complexity study for a 2CPA solver / M. Baioletti, A. Capotorti and S. Tulipani -- Consistency in preference modelling / José Luis García-Lapresta and Javier Montero -- Transitive decomposition of min-transitive fuzzy relations / S. Díaz, B. De Baets and S. Montes -- Decision making with fuzzy ternary relations / S. Ovchinnikov -- New consistency properties for preference relations / F. Chiclana, E. Herrera-Viedma and F. Herrera -- Management of uncertainty orderings through ASP / Andrea Capotorti and Andrea Formisano -- Automating the quality assurance of an on-line knowledge-based classifier by fusing multiple off-line classifiers / Piero P. Bonissone -- Qualitative classification with possibilistic decision trees / Nahla Ben Amor, Salem Benferhat and Zied Elouedi -- Discovery of abstract knowledge from non-atomic attribute values in fuzzy relational databases / Rafal A. Angryk and Frederick E. Petry -- Kernel-based outlier preserving clustering with representativity coefficients / M.-J. Lesot -- Fuzzy C-medoids clustering models for time-varying data / R. Coppi, P. D'Urso and P. Giordani -- Improving the K2 algorithm using association rule parameters / Evelina Lamma, Fabrizio Riguzzi and Sergio Storari -- OWA aggregation on an interval argument / Ronald R. Yager -- On bi-capacity-based concordance rules in multicriteria decision making / A. Rolland --Information evaluation in fusion : formalization of informal recommendations / Laurence Cholvy -- Application of uncertainty-based methods to fuse language identification expert decisions / J. Gutiérrez, J.-L. Rouas and R. André-Obrecht -- Intelligent multiattribute decision support model for medical triage / F. Burstein, Jocelyn San Pedro, Leonid Churilov and Jeff Wassertheil -- Interval-based multicriteria decision making / Martine Ceberio and François Modave -- A linguistic hierarchical evaluation model for engineering systems / L. Martínez, L.G. Pérez, J. Liu, J.B. Yang and F. Herrera -- Non monotonic aggregates applying to fuzzy sets in flexible querying / Patrick Bosc and Ludovic Liétard -- Fuzzy spatial data modeling : an extended bitmap approach / Jörg Verstraete, Guy De Tré and Axel Hallez -- Introducing [lambda]-specialization into the fuzzy EER model / Guoqing Chen, Ling Lin and Xunhua Guo -- A logical reasoning framework for modelling and merging uncertain semi-structured information / Anthony Hunter and Weiru Liu -- Machine learning and the prediction of protein structure : the state of the art / Rita Casadio, Remo Calabrese, Emidio Capriotti, Mario Compiani, Piero Fariselli, Paola Marani, Ludovica Montanucci, Pier Luigi Martelli, Ivan Rossi and Gianluca Tasco -- Efficient and robust global amino acid sequence alignment with uncertain evolutionary distance / Matthias C.M. Troffaes -- Classifying biomedical spectra using stochastic feature selection and parallelized multi-layer perceptrons / N.J. Pizzi, R.L. Somorjai and W. Pedrycz -- On the sensitivity of probabilistic networks to reliability characteristics / Linda C. van der Gaag and Silja Renooij -- Dominance of recognition of words presented on right or left eye (comparison of kanji and hiragana) / Takahiro Yamanoi, Toshimasa Yamazaki, Jean-Louis Vercher, Elie Sanchez and Michio Sugeno -- Hand posture recognition with the fuzzy glove / T. Allevard, E. Benoit and L. Foulloy -- Image retrieval by composition of regions / J.F. Omhover and M. Detyniecki -- Blind image restoration from multiple views by IMAP estimation / Monia Discepoli, Ivan Gerace and Roberta Pandolfi -- A combined feature extraction method for an electronic nose / I. Hristozov, B. Iliev and S. Eskiizmirliler.
- Molecular modeling and simulation. [Repr. with corrections] 2006, MyiLibrary
- Multi modality state-of-the-art medical image segmentation and registration methodologies 2011, Springer
- MySQL Cookbook. 2nd ed. ProQuest SafariThis book offers dozens of short, focused pieces of code and hundreds of worked-out examples for programmers of all levels who don't have the time or expertise to solve MySQL problems from scratch. Each recipe explains how and why the code works, so you'll learn as you. This new edition covers MySQL 5.0 and its powerful new features, along with the older but still widespread MySQL 4.1.
- Neural networks for applied sciences and engineering 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nipple sparing mastectomy 2013, SpringerThis book describes in detail three different techniques for minimally invasive video-assisted breast surgery: nipple-sparing mastectomy with a hand-held external retractor, with a single-port device, and with robotic assistance. All three techniques can be employed for radical treatment of breast cancer or for risk reduction surgery, and the last two are brand new. The techniques are clearly explained with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations. All surgical stages are covered in detail, and helpful information is provided on key aspects of surgical anatomy, diagnostic workup, instrumentation, and postoperative management. Nipple Sparing Mastectomy is the first manual to cover these techniques, which are likely to become standard in the field of oncological breast surgery. It will be invaluable for breast surgeons who are skilled in nipple-sparing mastectomy and oncoplastic techniques or are working in breast units that offer genetic counseling to high-risk patients.
- Numerical library in Java for scientists and engineers 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Optimal experimental design with R 2011, CRCnetBASE"Experimental design is often overlooked in the literature of applied and mathematical statistics: statistics is taught and understood as merely a collection of methods for analyzing data. Consequently, experimenters seldom think about optimal design, including prerequisites such as the necessary sample size needed for a precise answer for an experimental question. Providing a concise introduction to experimental design theory, Optimal Experimental Design with R: Introduces the philosophy of experimental design Provides an easy process for constructing experimental designs and calculating necessary sample size using R programs Teaches by example using a custom made R program package: OPDOE. Consisting of detailed, data-rich examples, this book introduces experimenters to the philosophy of experimentation, experimental design, and data collection. It gives researchers and statisticians guidance in the construction of optimum experimental designs using R programs, including sample size calculations, hypothesis testing, and confidence estimation. A final chapter of in-depth theoretical details is included for interested mathematical statisticians"--Back cover.
- Oracle essentials. 3rd ed. 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle PL/SQL programming. 4th ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Plus. 2nd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Plus. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle9i for dummies 2002, SUNet ID login required to search for this title
- Painless project management with FogBugz 2005, Springer
- Patient specific modeling of the cardiovascular system 2010, SpringerIntegrating State-of-the-Art Computational Modeling with Clinical Practice: The Promise of Numerical Methods / David E. Krummen, Gainyu Oshodi and Sanjiv M. Narayan -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Cardiovascular Dynamics with a Major Role for Adaptation / Theo Arts, Joost Lumens, Wilco Kroon, Dirk Donker and Frits Prinzen, et al. -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Structure and Function of Cardiac Cells / Frank B. Sachse -- Studies of Therapeutic Strategies for Atrial Fibrillation Based on a Biophysical Model of the Human Atria / Laurent Uldry, Nathalie Virag, Jean-Marc Vesin and Lukas Kappenberger -- Patient-Specific Modeling for Critical Care / Maxwell Lewis Neal -- Biomechanical Analysis of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms / Lambert Speelman, Mariëlle Bosboom, Geert W. H. Schurink and Frans N. v.d. Vosse -- The Cardiac Atlas Project: Towards a Map of the Heart / Michael Backhaus, Jae Do Chung, Brett R. Cowan, Carissa G. Fonseca and Wenchao Tao, et al. -- In Vivo Myocardial Material Properties and Stress Distributions in Normal and Failing Human Hearts / Jonathan F. Wenk, Zhihong Zhang, Guangming Cheng, Kay Sun and Joseph C. Walker, et al. -- Modeling of Whole-Heart Electrophysiology and Mechanics: Toward Patient-Specific Simulations / Fijoy Vadakkumpadan, Viatcheslav Gurev, Jason Constantino, Hermenegild Arevalo and Natalia Trayanova -- Personalized Computational Models of the Heart for Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy / Maxime Sermesant and Reza Razavi -- Patient-Specific Modeling of Hypoxic Response and Microvasculature Dynamics / Joanna Nathan and Amina Ann Qutub -- A Computational Framework for Patient-Specific Multi-Scale Cardiac Modeling / Jazmin Aguado-Sierra, Roy C. P. Kerckhoffs, Fred Lionetti, Darlene Hunt and Chris Villongco, et al.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases