Books by Subject
View by page
- 2007 Microsoft Office system plain & simple — Human-computer interaction handbook fundamentals, evolving technologies, and emerging applications. 2nd ed. (100)
- Image analysis and modeling in ophthalmology — Probing experience from assessment of user emotions and behaviour to development of products (100)
- Progamming ArcObjects with VBA a task-oriented approach — XSLT cookbook. 2nd ed. (66)
- 2007 Microsoft Office system plain & simple 2007ProQuest SafariAbout this book -- Working in Office -- Common tasks in Office -- Viewing and editing text in Word -- Formatting in Word -- Working with special content in Word -- Working in Excel -- Analyzing and presenting data in Excel -- Creating a PowerPoint presentation -- Presenting a PowerPoint slide show -- Working with messages in Outlook -- Organizing with Outlook -- Creating a publication in Publisher -- Working in Access -- Exchanging information among Office programs -- Customizing and securing Office.
- 2007 Microsoft Office System step by step. 2nd ed. 2008books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- 25 recipes for getting started with R. 1st ed. 2011ProQuest Safari
- Accelerating MATLAB with GPU computing a primer with examples. First edition. [1st ed.] 2014ScienceDirect"Beyond simulation and algorithm development, many developers increasingly use MATLAB even for product deployment in computationally heavy fields. This often demands that MATLAB codes run faster by leveraging the distributed parallelism of Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). While MATLAB successfully provides high-level functions as a simulation tool for rapid prototyping, the underlying details and knowledge needed for utilizing GPUs make MATLAB users hesitate to step into it. Accelerating MATLAB with GPUs offers a primer on bridging this gap. Starting with the basics, setting up MATLAB for CUDA (in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and profiling, it then guides users through advanced topics such as CUDA libraries. The authors share their experience developing algorithms using MATLAB, C++ and GPUs for huge datasets, modifying MATLAB codes to better utilize the computational power of GPUs, and integrating them into commercial software products. Throughout the book, they demonstrate many example codes that can be used as templates of C-MEX and CUDA codes for readers' projects. Download example codes from the publisher's website: http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780124080805/ Shows how to accelerate MATLAB codes through the GPU for parallel processing, with minimal hardware knowledge -- Explains the related background on hardware, architecture and programming for ease of use -- Provides simple worked examples of MATLAB and CUDA C codes as well as templates that can be reused in real-world projects."--Provided by publisher.
- Access 2007-- the missing manual. 1st ed. 2007ProQuest Safari
- Access data analysis cookbook 2007ProQuest Safari
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 A to Z tools and features illustrated ready reference. 1st ed. 2006books24x7, SUNet ID login required.Foreword-- Introduction-- Accented Edges filter - Automation Tools-- Background color - Burn tool-- Calibrate monitor - Cutout filter-- Darken blend mode - Dust & Scratches filter-- Effects - Eyedropper tool-- Facet filter - Freehand selection-- Gaussian Blur filter - Grow, selection-- Halftone Pattern filter - Hue/Saturation, adjust-- ICC profiles - JPEG2000-- Labels, print - LZW compression-- Magic Eraser tool - Multi-Page PDF to PSD-- Navigator - Note Paper filter-- Ocean Ripple filter - Organizer work space-- Page Setup - Quick Fix Editor-- Radial Blur filter - Rulers-- Sample Size, Eyedropper tool - Swatches palette-- Tags - Type Masks-- Underlining type - Unsharp Mask filter-- Vanishing Point tool - Vivid Light blending mode-- Wall Calendar - Wind filter-- ZigZag filter - Zoom tool.
- Advanced Microsoft Office documents 2007 edition inside out 2007ProQuest Safari
- Advanced SQL functions in Oracle 10g 2006books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Applied meta-analysis with R 2013CRCnetBASE"Preface In Chapter 8 of our previous book (Chen and Peace, 2010), we briefy introduced meta-analysis using R. Since then, we have been encouraged to develop an entire book on meta-analyses using R that would include a wide variety of applications - which is the theme of this book. In this book we provide a thorough presentation of meta-analysis with detailed step-by-step illustrations on their implementation using R. In each chapter, examples of real studies compiled from the literature and scienti c publications are presented. After presenting the data and sufficient background to permit understanding the application, various meta-analysis methods appropriate for analyzing data are identi ed. Then analysis code is developed using appropriate R packages and functions to meta-analyze the data. Analysis code development and results are presented in a stepwise fashion. This stepwise approach should enable readers to follow the logic and gain an understanding of the analysis methods and the R implementation so that they may use R and the steps in this book to analyze their own meta-data. Based on their experience in biostatistical research and teaching biostatistical meta-analysis, the authors understand that there are gaps between developed statistical methods and applications of statistical methods by students and practitioners. This book is intended to ll this gap by illustrating the implementation of statistical mata-analysis methods using R applied to real data following a step-by-step presentation style. With this style, the book is suitable as a text for a course in meta-data analysis at the graduate level (Master's or Doctorate's), particularly for students seeking degrees in statistics or biostatistics"-- Provided by publisher.
- Art of SQL 2006ProQuest Safari
- Artificial neural networks in pattern recognition Third IAPR Workshop, ANNPR 2008, Paris, France, July 2-4, 2008 : proceedings 2008Springer
- Automated data analysis using Excel 2007CRCnetBASE
- Available chemicals directory (ACD)Users must register
- Bayesian analysis made simple an Excel GUI for WinBUGS 2012CRCnetBASE"Although the popularity of the Bayesian approach to statistics has been growing for years, many still think of it as somewhat esoteric, not focused on practical issues, or generally too difficult to understand. Bayesian Analysis Made Simple is aimed at those who wish to apply Bayesian methods but either are not experts or do not have the time to create WinBUGS code and ancillary files for every analysis they undertake. Accessible to even those who would not routinely use Excel, this book provides a custom-made Excel GUI, immediately useful to those users who want to be able to quickly apply Bayesian methods without being distracted by computing or mathematical issues.From simple NLMs to complex GLMMs and beyond, Bayesian Analysis Made Simple describes how to use Excel for a vast range of Bayesian models in an intuitive manner accessible to the statistically savvy user. Packed with relevant case studies, this book is for any data analyst wishing to apply Bayesian methods to analyze their data, from professional statisticians to statistically aware scientists"-- Provided by publisher.
- Bayesian computation with R 2007Springer"Bayesian Computation with R introduces Bayesian modeling by the use of computation using the R language. The early chapters present the basic tenets of Bayesian thinking by use of familiar one and two-parameter inferential problems. Bayesian computational methods such as Laplace's method, rejection sampling, and the SIR algorithm are illustrated in the context of a random effects model. The construction and implementation of Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods is introduced. These simulation-based algorithms are implemented for a variety of Bayesian applications such as normal and binary response regression, hierarchical modeling, order-restricted inference, and robust modeling. Algorithms written in R are used to develop Bayesian tests and assess Bayesian models by use of the posterior predictive distribution. The use of R to interface with WinBUGS, a popular MCMC computing language, is described with several illustrative examples."--Jacket.
- Beginners guide to Mathematica 2006CRCnetBASE
- Beginning MySQL 2005ebrary
- Beginning programming for dummies. 4th ed. 2007books24x7, SUNet ID login required.This book will teach you enough about programming to help you understand how programming works and how you can get started writing programs all by yourself.
- Beginning Python 2005books24x7, SUNet ID login required.This in-depth text will help you quickly learn how to use Python for rapid development of applications for the Web, scientific applications, bioinformatics, and applications for system tasks.
- Beginning SQL 2005ebrary
- Beyond bullet points using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 to create presentations that inform, motivate, and inspire 2007ProQuest SafariA guide to using Microsoft PowerPoint describes how to use storytelling techniques to create effective business presentations.
- Biomedical informatics computer applications in health care and biomedicine.. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] / 2014SpringerBiomedical Informatics: Computer Applications in Health Care and Biomedicine meets the growing demand of practitioners, researchers, educators, and students for a comprehensive introduction to key topics in the field and the underlying scientific issues that sit at the intersection of biomedical science, patient care, public health, and information technology (IT). This 4th edition reflects the remarkable changes in both computing and health care that continue to occur and the exploding interest in the role that IT must play in care coordination and the melding of genomics with innovations in clinical practice and treatment. New chapters have been introduced on the health information infrastructure, consumer health informatics, telemedicine, translational bioinformatics, clinical research informatics, and health IT policy, while the others have all undergone extensive revisions, in many cases with new authors. The organization and philosophy are unchanged, focusing on the science of information and knowledge management and the role of computers and communications in modern biomedical research, health, and health care. Emphasizing the conceptual basis of the field rather than technical details, it provides an introduction and extensive bibliography so that readers can comprehend, assess, and utilize biomedical informatics and health IT. The volume focuses on easy-to-understand examples, a guide to additional literature, chapter summaries, and a comprehensive glossary with concise definitions of recurring terms for self-study or classroom use.
- This volume summarizes the ethical, social and cultural contexts of interfacing brains and computers. It is intended for the interdisciplinary community of BCI stakeholders. Insofar, engineers, neuroscientists, psychologists, physicians, care-givers and also users and their relatives are concerned. For about the last twenty years brain-computer-interfaces (BCIs) have been investigated with increasing intensity and have in principle shown their potential to be useful tools in diagnostics, rehabilitation and assistive technology. The central promise of BCI technology is enabling severely impaired people in mobility, grasping, communication, and entertainment. Successful applications are for instance communication devices enabling locked-in patients in staying in contact with their environment, or prostheses enabling paralysed people in reaching and grasping. In addition to this, it serves as an introduction to the whole field of BCI for any interested reader. -- Provided by publisher.
- Brief history of computing 2008Springer
- C# 3.0 in a nutshell. 3rd ed. 2007ProQuest Safari
- C# cookbook. 2nd ed. 2006ProQuest Safari
- C++ cookbook 2006ProQuest SafariBuilding C++ applications -- Code organization -- Numbers -- Strings and text -- Dates and times -- Managing data with containers -- Algorithms -- Classes -- Exceptions and safety -- Streams and files -- Science and mathematics -- Multithreading -- Internationalization -- XML -- Miscellaneous.
- Classic shell scripting 2005ProQuest Safari
- Clinical trial data analysis using R 2011CRCnetBASE"With examples based on the authors' 30 years of real-world experience in many areas of clinical drug development, this book provides a thorough presentation of clinical trial methodology. It presents detailed step-by-step illustrations on the implementation of the open-source software R. Case studies demonstrate how to select the appropriate clinical trial data. The authors introduce the corresponding biostatistical analysis methods, followed by the step-by-step data analysis using R. They also offer the R program for download, along with other essential data, on their website"--Provided by publisher.
- Cloud-based solutions for healthcare IT 2011CRCnetBASE1. What are cloud services? -- 2. Benefits and drawbacks of cloud services -- 3. Cloud technologies -- 4. Cloud-based solutions for healthcare IT -- 5. HIPAA and HITECH : cloud perspective -- 6. Adopting cloud services -- 7. Interoperability -- 8. Cloud-based personal health records (PHR) -- 9. Case studies.
- Commonsense reasoning 2006ScienceDirect
- Comprehensive textbook of healthcare simulation 2013SpringerPart I. Introduction to simulation -- Part II. Simulation modalities and technologies -- Part III. Simulation for healthcare disciplines -- Part IV. Professional development in simulation -- Part V. Program development in simulation -- Appendices -- Index.
- Computer and template assisted orthopedic surgery 2013SpringerComputer-assisted surgery is a growing sub-discipline of orthopaedic surgery. This book offers a comprehensive presentation of scientific work and clinical experience including new technologies like individual templating in unicompartmental and total knee arthoplasty based on computer-assisted design technology. Computer-assisted surgery involves not only total knee and total hip arthroplasty, but also trauma, sports and revision surgery. In this edition we have added sections on 3D fluoroscopy-based spinal surgery as well as 3D fluoroscopy-based trauma surgery. Even in total hip surgery, navigation systems offer exciting new aspects, and the clinical benefit of navigation in total knee arthroplasties has now been demonstrated. We believe that this textbook will be of interest to those new to this specific field, while also providing an update for experienced users. An added benefit is the international character of this textbook, including experiences from Switzerland, Israel, the United States and the German-speaking countries.
- Computer methods. Part A-C pt. A-B, C, 2009, 2011.ScienceDirectpt. B, 2009 ScienceDirectpt. C, 2011 ScienceDirect
- Computer vision in medical imaging 2014WortdScientificThe major progress in computer vision allows us to make extensive use of medical imaging data to provide us better diagnosis, treatment and predication of diseases. Computer vision can exploit texture, shape, contour and prior knowledge along with contextual information from image sequence and provide 3D and 4D information that helps with better human understanding. Many powerful tools have been available through image segmentation, machine learning, pattern classification, tracking, reconstruction to bring much needed quantitative information not easily available by trained human specialists. The aim of the book is for both medical imaging professionals to acquire and interpret the data, and computer vision professionals to provide enhanced medical information by using computer vision techniques. The final objective is to benefit the patients without adding to the already high medical costs.
- Computer-human interaction 8th Asia-Pacific Conference, APCHI 2008, Seoul, Korea, July 6-9, 2008 : proceedings 2008Springer
- Computers helping people with special needs 11th international conference, ICCHP 2008, Linz, Austria, July 9-11, 2008 : proceedings 2008Springer
- Correspondence analysis and data coding with Java and R 2005CRCnetBASE
- Crush step 3 CCS the ultimate USMLE step 3 CCS review 2013ClinicalKeyWith its focused review of common cases, high-yield content, and test prep strategies, Dr. Mayur K. Movalia's new review book offers the most effective preparation available for this high-stakes exam. Zero in on the content you need to know, thanks to a concise, consistent presentation for each case that is updated to mirror the 2013 USMLET software. Find the information you need quickly with a detailed index that organizes cases by symptom, final diagnosis, and specialty. Get up-to-date management strategies for CCS cases, thanks to input from a Resident Review Board comprised of high-scoring individuals (90th percentile or more), who evaluated the book to ensure its relevance and accuracy. Use it in conjunction with Brochert's Crush Step 3: The Ultimate USMLE Step 3 Review, 4th Edition for a comprehensive and highly effective Step 3 review. Get a 24-hour free trial to the USMLE Consult Step 3 CCS Case Bank, with a discount towards its purchase! 100 CCS cases simulate the actual USMLE Step 3 CCS experience.
- Data mining methods and applications 2008CRCnetBASEAn approach to analyzing and modeling systems for real-time decisions / John C. Brocklebank ... [et al.] -- Ensemble strategies for neural network classifiers / Paul Mangiameli and David West -- Neural network classification with uneven misclassification costs and imbalanced group sizes / Jyhshyan Lan ... [et al.] -- Data cleansing with independent component analysis / Guangyin Zeng and Mark J. Embrechts -- A multiple criteria approach to creating good teams over time / Ronald K. Klimberg, Kevin J. Boyle, and Ira Yermish -- Data mining applications in higher education / Cali M. Davis ... [et al.] -- Data mining for market segmentation with market share data : a case study approach / Illya Mowerman and Scott J. Lloyd -- An enhancement of the pocket algorithm with ratchet for use in data mining applications / Louis W. Glorfeld and Doug White -- Identification and prediction of chronic conditions for health plan members using data mining techniques / Theodore L. Perry, Stephan Kudyba, and Kenneth D. Lawrence -- Monitoring and managing data and process quality using data mining : business process management for the purchasing and accounts payable processes / Daniel E. O'Leary -- Data mining for individual consumer models and personalized retail promotions / Rayid Ghani ... [et al.] -- Data mining : common definitions, applications, and misunderstandings / Richard D. Pollack -- Fuzzy sets in data mining and ordinal classification / David L. Olson, Helen Moshkovich, and Alexander Mechitov -- Developing an associative keyword space of the data mining literature through latent semantic analysis / Adrian Gardiner -- A classification model for a two-class (new product purchase) discrimination process using multiple-criteria linear programming / Kenneth D. Lawrence ... [et al.].
- Data mining with R learning with case studies 2011CRCnetBASE"This hands-on book uses practical examples to illustrate the power of R and data mining. Assuming no prior knowledge of R or data mining/statistical techniques, it covers a diverse set of problems that pose different challenges in terms of size, type of data, goals of analysis, and analytical tools. The main data mining processes and techniques are presented through detailed, real-world case studies. With these case studies, the author supplies all necessary steps, code, and data. Mirroring the do-it-yourself approach of the text, the supporting website provides data sets and R code" -- Provided by publisher.
- Part 1. Explorations -- Introduction -- Getting Started -- Working with Data -- Loading Data -- Exploring Data -- Interactive Graphics -- Transforming Data -- Part 2. Building Models -- Descriptive and Predictive Analytics -- Cluster Analysis -- Association Analysis -- Decision Trees -- Random Forests -- Boosting -- Support Vector Machines -- Part 3. Delivering Performance -- Model Performance Evaluation -- Deployment -- Part 4. Appendices -- Installing Rattle -- Sample Datasets.
- Database book principles & practice using MySQL. 2nd ed. 2011books24x7
- DC servos application and design with MATLAB 2011CRCnetBASE1. DC servo systems defined -- 2. Anatomy of a continuous-time DC servo -- 3. DC motors in servo systems -- 4. Feedback control systems -- 5. Proportional control of a second-order DC servo -- 6. Compensation of a continuous-time DC servo -- 7. DC servo amplifiers and shaft encoders -- 8. Control of a position servo using a PIC microcontroller.
- Designing Web sites that work usability for the Web 2002ScienceDirect
- The development of innovative drugs is becoming more difficult while relying on empirical approaches. This inspired all major pharmaceutical companies to pursue alternative model-based paradigms. The key question is: How to find innovative compounds and, subsequently, appropriate dosage regimens?
- Print MaterialFor the past few decades, technology has been touted as the cure for all of healthcare's ills, yet medicine stubbornly resisted computerization-- until now. Thanks largely to billions of dollars in federal incentives, healthcare has finally gone digital. Wachter examines healthcare at the dawn of its computer age, and shows how technology is changing care at the bedside. He questions whether government intervention has been useful or destructive-- and does so with clarity, insight, humor, and compassion.
- Digital image sequence processing, compression, and analysis 2005CRCnetBASE
- Digital imaging systems for plain radiography 2013Springer
- Chapter 1. Processing of Signals, p. 1-20 -- Chapter 2. Revisiting the Basics, p. 21-44 -- Chapter 3. Digital Filters, p. 45-78 -- Chapter 4. Fourier Transform and Signal Spectrum, p. 79-100 -- Chapter 5. Realisation of Digital Filters, p. 101-119 -- Chapter 6. Case Studies, p. 121-128 -- Appendix. MATLAB and C Programs, p. 129-185.
- Digital signal processing laboratory 2005CRCnetBASE
- Distributed high-performance and grid computing in computational biology international workshop, GCCB 2006, Eilat, Israel, January 21, 2007 : proceedings 2007Springer
- Doing Bayesian data analysis a tutorial with R and BUGS 2011ProQuest SafariThis book's organization : read me first! -- Introduction : models we believe in -- What is this stuff called probability? -- Bayes' rule -- Inferring a binomial proportion via exact mathematical analysis -- Inferring a binomial proportion via grid approximation -- Inferring a binomial proportion via the Metropolis algorithm -- Inferring two binomial proportions via Gibbs sampling -- Bernoulli likelihood with hierarchical prior -- Hierarchical modeling and model comparison -- Null hypothesis significance testing -- Bayesian approaches to testing a point ("null") hypothesis -- Goals, power, and sample size -- Overview of the generalized linear model -- Metric predicted variable on a single group -- Metric predicted variable with one metric predictor -- Metric predicted variable with multiple metric predictors -- Metric predicted variable with one nominal predictor -- Metric predicted variable with multiple nominal predictors -- Dichotomous predicted variable -- Ordinal predicted variable -- Contingency table analysis -- Tools in the trunk.
- Effective Java. 2nd ed. 2008ProQuest SafariIntroduction -- Creating and destroying objects -- Methods common to all objects -- Classes and interfaces -- Generics -- Enums and annotations -- Methods -- General programming -- Exceptions -- Concurrency -- Serialization.
- Part 1. Introduction -- part 2. Identifying and preventing EHR safety concerns -- part 3. EHR users and usability -- part 4. Clinical decision support -- part 5. Referrals -- part 6. Laboratory test result management -- part 7. Bar coded medication administration -- part 8. Computer-based provider order entry.
- Encyclopedia of algorithms 2007Springer
- Encyclopedia of data warehousing and mining 2006books24x7, SUNet ID login required.v. 2 books24x7"The Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining provides a comprehensive, critical and descriptive examination of concepts, issues, trends, and challenges in this rapidly expanding field of data warehousing and mining (DWM). This encyclopedia consists of more than 350 contributors from 32 countries"--Provided by the publisher.
- Encyclopedia of database technologies and applications 2006books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Encyclopedia of information systems 2003ScienceDirect
- Essential simulation in clinical education / Judy McKimm and Kirsty Forrest -- Medical simulation : the journey so far / Aidan Byrne -- The evidence what works, why and how? / Doris Ostergaard and Jacob Rosenberg -- Pedagogy in simulation-based training in health care / Peter Dieckmann and Charlotte Ringsted -- Assessment / Thomas Gale and Martin Roberts -- The roles of faculty and simulated patients in simulation / Bryn Baxendale, Frank Coffey, and Andrew Buttery -- Surgical technical skills / Rajesh Aggarwal and Amit Mishra -- The non-technical skills / Nikki Maran, Simon Edgar, and Alistair May -- Teamwork / Jennifer Weller -- Designing effective simulation activities / Joanne Barrott ... [et al.] -- Distributed simulation / Jessica Janice Tang ... [et al.] -- Providing effective simulation activities / Walter J Eppich, Lanty O'Connor, and Mark Adler -- Simulation in practice / edited by Jean Keri -- The future for simulation.
- Establishing, managing, and protecting your online reputation a social media guide for physicians and medical practicesPrint Material
- Excel 2007 advanced report development 2007books24x7Taking a first look at Excel's reporting tools -- Getting started with PivotTable reports -- PivotTable essentials and components -- Working with external data sources -- Looking at the Get External Data tab -- Retrieving external data using Microsoft Query -- Using the Query Wizard -- Getting started with Microsoft Query -- Working with SQL in Microsoft Query -- Designing PivotTable reports -- PivotTable report formatting -- Managing PivotTable data -- Analyzing data in a PivotChart -- Creating and using spreadsheet reports -- Building report solutions -- Spreadsheet report formatting.
- Excel 2007 bible 2007ProQuest Safari2007 books24x7Getting Started with Excel -- Introducing Excel -- What's New in Excel 2007? -- Entering and Editing Worksheet Data -- Essential Worksheet Operations -- Working with Cells and Ranges -- Introducing tables -- Worksheet Formatting -- Understanding Excel's Files -- Using and Creating Templates -- Printing Your Work -- Working with Formulas and Functions -- Introducing Formulas and Functions -- Creating Formulas and Functions -- Creating Formulas That Manipulate Text -- Working with Dates and Times -- Creating Formulas That Count and Sum -- Creating Formulas That Look Up Values -- Creating Formulas for Financial Applications -- Introducing Array Formulas -- Performing Magic with Array Formulas -- Creating Charts and Graphics -- Getting Started Making Charts -- Learning Advanced Charting -- Visualizing Data Using Conditional Formatting -- Enhancing Your Work with Pictures and Drawings -- Using Advanced Excel Features -- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar -- Using Custom Number Formats -- Using Data Validation -- Creating and Using Worksheet Outlines -- Linking and Consolidating Worksheets -- Excel and the Internet -- Sharing Data with Other Applications -- Using Excel in a Workgroup -- Protecting Your Work -- Making Your Worksheets Error-Free -- Analyzing Data with Excel -- Using Microsoft Query with External Database Files -- Introducing Pivot Tables -- Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables -- Performing Spreadsheet What-If Analysis -- Analyzing Data Using Goal Seek and Solver -- Analyzing Data with the Analysis Tookpak -- Programming Excel with VBA -- Introducing Visual Basic for Applications -- Creating Custom Worksheet Functions -- Creating UserForms -- Using UserForm Controls in a Worksheet -- Working with Excel Events -- VGA Examples -- Creating Custom Excel Add-Ins -- Worksheet Function Reference -- What's on the CD-ROM -- Additional Excel Resources -- Excel Shortcut Keys.
- Excel 2007 data analysis for dummies 2007books24x7
- Excel hacks. 2nd ed. 2007ProQuest SafariReducing workbook and worksheet frustration -- Hacking Excel's built-in features -- Naming hacks -- Hacking PivotTables -- Hacking formulas and functions -- Macro hacks -- Cross-application hacks.
- Expert systems the technology of knowledge management and decision making for the 21st century 2002ScienceDirect
- Exploratory multivariate analysis by example using R 2011CRCnetBASE"An introduction to exploratory techniques for multivariate data analysis, this book covers the key methodology, including principal components analysis, correspondence analysis, mixed models and multiple factor analysis. The authors take a practical approach, with examples leading the discussion of the methods and lots of graphics to emphasize visualization. They present the concepts in the most intuitive way possible, keeping mathematical content to a minimum or relegating it to the appendices. The book includes examples that use real data from a range of scientific disciplines and implemented using an R package developed by the authors"-- Provided by publisher.
- First course in fuzzy and neural control 2003CRCnetBASE
- Agents of Change -- Simulations for Procedural Training -- Human Factors in Acquiring Medical Skill; Perception and Cognition -- Human Factors in Acquiring Medical Skills; Learning and Skill Acquisition in Surgery -- Metrics for the Measurement of Skill -- Metric-Based Simulation Training -- Validation of Metrics Coupled to Simulation Training -- Metric-Based Training to Proficiency: What Is It and How Is It Done? -- Didactic Education and Training for Improved Intraoperative Performance: e-Learning Comes of Age -- Simulation Training for Improved Procedural Performance -- Simulation In and For Medicine: Where Next? -- Proficiency-Based Progression Simulation Training: A To-Do List for Medicine.
- Fuzzification of systems the genesis of fuzzy set theory and its initial applications - developments up to the 1970s 2007Springer
- Fuzzy expert systems and fuzzy reasoning 2005Wiley
- Genetic programming 11th European Conference, EuroGP 2008, Naples, Italy, March 26-28, 2008 : proceedings 2008Springer
- Ggplot2 elegant graphics for data analysis 2009SpringerDescribes ggplot2, a data visualization package for R and a powerful and flexible system for creating data graphics.
- Google Analytics 2.0 2007books24x7
- Graphics and GUIs with MATLAB. 3rd ed. 2003CRCnetBASE
- Guide to MATLAB object-oriented programming 2007CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of approximation algorithms and metaheurististics 2007CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of automated reasoning 2001ScienceDirect
- Handbook of data structures and applications 2005CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of image quality characterization and prediction 2002CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of neural network signal processing 2002CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of SAS DATA Step programming 2013CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of statistical analyses using R. 2nd ed. 2010CRCnetBASEAn introduction to R -- Data analysis using graphical displays -- Simple inference -- Conditional inference -- Analysis of variance -- Simple and multiple linear regression -- Logistic repression and generalised linear models -- Density estimation -- Recursive partitioning -- Smoothers and generalised additive models -- Survival analysis -- Analysing longitudinal data I -- Analysing longitudinal data II -- Simultaneous inference and multiple comparisons -- Meta-analysis -- Principal component analysis -- Multidimensional scaling -- Cluster analysis.
- Handbook of temporal reasoning in artificial intelligence 2005ScienceDirectFormal theories of time and temporal incidence / Lluis Vila -- Eventualities / Antony Galton -- Time granularity / Jérôme Euzenat and Angelo Montanari -- Modal varieties of temporal logic / Howard Barringer and Dov Gabbay -- Temporal qualification in artificial intelligence / Han Reichgelt and Lluis Vila -- Computational complexity of temporal constraint problems / Thomas Drakengren and Peter Jonsson -- Indefinite constraint databases with temporal information : representational power and computational complexity / Manolis Koubarakis -- Processing qualitative temporal constraints / Alfonso Gerevini -- Theorem-proving for discrete temporal logic / Mark Reynolds and Clare Dixon -- Probabilistic temporal reasoning / Steve Hanks and David Madigan -- Temporal reasoning with iff-abduction / Marc Denecker and Kristof Van Belleghem -- Temporal description logics / Alessandro Artale and Enrico Franconi -- Logic programming and reasoning about actions / Chitta Baral and Michael Gelfond -- Temporal databases / Jan Chomicki and David Toman -- Temporal reasoning in agent-based systems / Michael Fisher and Michael Wooldridge -- Time in planning / Maria Fox and Derek Long -- Time in automated legal reasoning / Lluis Vila and Hajime Yoshino -- Temporal reasoning in natural language / Alice ter Meulen -- Temporal reasoning in medicine / Elpida Keravnou and Yuval Shahar -- Time in qualitative simulation / Dan Clancy and Benjamin Kuipers.
- Haptics: perception, devices and scenarios 6th international conference, EuroHaptics 2008, Madrid, Spain, June 10-13, 2008 ; proceedings 2008Springer
- High performance MySQL. 2nd ed. 2008ProQuest Safari
- High performance MySQL. 3rd ed. 2012ProQuest SafariMySQL architecture and history -- Benchmarking MySQL -- Profiling server performance -- Optimizing schema and data types -- Indexing for high performance -- Query performance optimization -- Advanced MySQL features -- Optimizing server settings -- Operating system and hardware optimization -- Replication -- Scaling MySQL -- High availability -- MySQL in the cloud -- Application-level optimization -- Backup and recovery -- Tools for MySQL users -- Forks and variants of MySQL -- MySQL server status -- Transferring large files -- Using EXPLAIN -- Debugging locks -- Using Sphinx with MySQL.
- HTML & XHTML the definitive guide. 5th ed. 2002ProQuest SafariHTML, XHTML, and the World Wide Web -- Quick start -- Anatomy of an HTML document -- Text basics -- Rules, images, and multimedia -- Links and webs -- Formatted lists -- Cascading style sheets -- Forms -- Tables -- Frames -- Executable content -- Dynamic documents -- Netscape layout extensions -- XML -- XHTML -- Tips, tricks, and hacks.
- HTTP the definitive guide 2002ProQuest Safari
- Human-computer interaction handbook fundamentals, evolving technologies, and emerging applications. 2nd ed. 2008CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Humans in HCI -- pt. 2. Computers in HCI -- pt. 3. Designing human-computer interactions -- pt. 4. Application/domain specific design -- pt. 5. Designing for diversity -- pt. 6. The development process.
View by page
- 2007 Microsoft Office system plain & simple — Human-computer interaction handbook fundamentals, evolving technologies, and emerging applications. 2nd ed. (100)
- Image analysis and modeling in ophthalmology — Probing experience from assessment of user emotions and behaviour to development of products (100)
- Progamming ArcObjects with VBA a task-oriented approach — XSLT cookbook. 2nd ed. (66)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines. Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.