Books by Subject
ComputersAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- 2007 Microsoft Office system plain & simple 2007, ProQuest SafariAbout this book -- Working in Office -- Common tasks in Office -- Viewing and editing text in Word -- Formatting in Word -- Working with special content in Word -- Working in Excel -- Analyzing and presenting data in Excel -- Creating a PowerPoint presentation -- Presenting a PowerPoint slide show -- Working with messages in Outlook -- Organizing with Outlook -- Creating a publication in Publisher -- Working in Access -- Exchanging information among Office programs -- Customizing and securing Office.
- 2007 Microsoft Office System step by step. 2nd ed. 2008, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- 25 recipes for getting started with R. 1st ed. 2011, ProQuest Safari
- Accelerating MATLAB with GPU computing. First edition. [1st ed.] 2014, ScienceDirect"Beyond simulation and algorithm development, many developers increasingly use MATLAB even for product deployment in computationally heavy fields. This often demands that MATLAB codes run faster by leveraging the distributed parallelism of Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). While MATLAB successfully provides high-level functions as a simulation tool for rapid prototyping, the underlying details and knowledge needed for utilizing GPUs make MATLAB users hesitate to step into it. Accelerating MATLAB with GPUs offers a primer on bridging this gap. Starting with the basics, setting up MATLAB for CUDA (in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and profiling, it then guides users through advanced topics such as CUDA libraries. The authors share their experience developing algorithms using MATLAB, C++ and GPUs for huge datasets, modifying MATLAB codes to better utilize the computational power of GPUs, and integrating them into commercial software products. Throughout the book, they demonstrate many example codes that can be used as templates of C-MEX and CUDA codes for readers' projects. Download example codes from the publisher's website: http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780124080805/ Shows how to accelerate MATLAB codes through the GPU for parallel processing, with minimal hardware knowledge -- Explains the related background on hardware, architecture and programming for ease of use -- Provides simple worked examples of MATLAB and CUDA C codes as well as templates that can be reused in real-world projects."--Provided by publisher.
- Access 2003 bible. 1st ed. 2004, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Access 2007-- the missing manual. 1st ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Access cookbook. 2nd ed. 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Access data analysis cookbook 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Access hacks 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Adaptive information 2004, WileyPart One. Why Semantic Interoperability?, p. 1-2 -- Chapter 1. Semantic Interoperability Gives IT Meaning, p. 3-22 -- Chapter 2. Information Infrastructure Issues and Problems, p. 23-38 -- Chapter 3. Promise of Frictionless Information, p. 39-65 -- Part Two. Semantic Interoperability Primer, p. 67-68 -- Chapter 4. Foundations in Data Semantics, p. 69-98 -- Chapter 5. Semantic Conflict Solution Patterns, p. 99-125 -- Chapter 6. Metadata Archetypes, p. 127-144 -- Chapter 7. Ontology Design Patterns, p. 145-194 -- Chapter 8. Multimodal Interoperability Architecture, p. 195-221 -- Chapter 9. Infrastructure and E-Business Patterns, p. 223-255 -- Part Three. Adopting Semantic Technologies, p. 257-258 -- Chapter 10. Capability Case Studies, p. 259-304 -- Chapter 11. Adoption Strategies, p. 305-331 -- Chapter 12. Tomorrow's Adaptive and Dynamic Systems, p. 333-346 -- Appendix A. Vendor Profiles, Tools, and Scorecards, p. 347-374 -- Appendix B. Acronyms and Abbreviations, p. 375-378.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 A to Z. 1st ed. 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.Foreword-- Introduction-- Accented Edges filter - Automation Tools-- Background color - Burn tool-- Calibrate monitor - Cutout filter-- Darken blend mode - Dust & Scratches filter-- Effects - Eyedropper tool-- Facet filter - Freehand selection-- Gaussian Blur filter - Grow, selection-- Halftone Pattern filter - Hue/Saturation, adjust-- ICC profiles - JPEG2000-- Labels, print - LZW compression-- Magic Eraser tool - Multi-Page PDF to PSD-- Navigator - Note Paper filter-- Ocean Ripple filter - Organizer work space-- Page Setup - Quick Fix Editor-- Radial Blur filter - Rulers-- Sample Size, Eyedropper tool - Swatches palette-- Tags - Type Masks-- Underlining type - Unsharp Mask filter-- Vanishing Point tool - Vivid Light blending mode-- Wall Calendar - Wind filter-- ZigZag filter - Zoom tool.
- Advanced Microsoft Office documents 2007 edition inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Advanced Perl programming. 2nd ed. 2005., ProQuest Safari
- Advanced SharePoint services solutions 2005, Springer
- Advanced SQL functions in Oracle 10g 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Applied meta-analysis with R 2013, CRCnetBASE"Preface In Chapter 8 of our previous book (Chen and Peace, 2010), we briefy introduced meta-analysis using R. Since then, we have been encouraged to develop an entire book on meta-analyses using R that would include a wide variety of applications - which is the theme of this book. In this book we provide a thorough presentation of meta-analysis with detailed step-by-step illustrations on their implementation using R. In each chapter, examples of real studies compiled from the literature and scienti c publications are presented. After presenting the data and sufficient background to permit understanding the application, various meta-analysis methods appropriate for analyzing data are identi ed. Then analysis code is developed using appropriate R packages and functions to meta-analyze the data. Analysis code development and results are presented in a stepwise fashion. This stepwise approach should enable readers to follow the logic and gain an understanding of the analysis methods and the R implementation so that they may use R and the steps in this book to analyze their own meta-data. Based on their experience in biostatistical research and teaching biostatistical meta-analysis, the authors understand that there are gaps between developed statistical methods and applications of statistical methods by students and practitioners. This book is intended to ll this gap by illustrating the implementation of statistical mata-analysis methods using R applied to real data following a step-by-step presentation style. With this style, the book is suitable as a text for a course in meta-data analysis at the graduate level (Master's or Doctorate's), particularly for students seeking degrees in statistics or biostatistics"--Provided by publisher.
- Art of SQL 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Artificial neural networks in pattern recognition 2008, Springer
- Automated data analysis using Excel 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Available chemicals directory (ACD) Fulltext
- Bayesian computation with R 2007, Springer"Bayesian Computation with R introduces Bayesian modeling by the use of computation using the R language. The early chapters present the basic tenets of Bayesian thinking by use of familiar one and two-parameter inferential problems. Bayesian computational methods such as Laplace's method, rejection sampling, and the SIR algorithm are illustrated in the context of a random effects model. The construction and implementation of Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods is introduced. These simulation-based algorithms are implemented for a variety of Bayesian applications such as normal and binary response regression, hierarchical modeling, order-restricted inference, and robust modeling. Algorithms written in R are used to develop Bayesian tests and assess Bayesian models by use of the posterior predictive distribution. The use of R to interface with WinBUGS, a popular MCMC computing language, is described with several illustrative examples."--Jacket.
- Beginners guide to Mathematica 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Beginning MySQL 2005, ebrary
- Beginning programming for dummies. 4th ed. 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.This book will teach you enough about programming to help you understand how programming works and how you can get started writing programs all by yourself.
- Beginning Python 2005, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.This in-depth text will help you quickly learn how to use Python for rapid development of applications for the Web, scientific applications, bioinformatics, and applications for system tasks.
- Beginning SQL 2005, ebrary
- Beyond bullet points 2007, ProQuest SafariA guide to using Microsoft PowerPoint describes how to use storytelling techniques to create effective business presentations.
- Biomedical informatics. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] / 2014, SpringerBiomedical Informatics: Computer Applications in Health Care and Biomedicine meets the growing demand of practitioners, researchers, educators, and students for a comprehensive introduction to key topics in the field and the underlying scientific issues that sit at the intersection of biomedical science, patient care, public health, and information technology (IT). This 4th edition reflects the remarkable changes in both computing and health care that continue to occur and the exploding interest in the role that IT must play in care coordination and the melding of genomics with innovations in clinical practice and treatment. New chapters have been introduced on the health information infrastructure, consumer health informatics, telemedicine, translational bioinformatics, clinical research informatics, and health IT policy, while the others have all undergone extensive revisions, in many cases with new authors. The organization and philosophy are unchanged, focusing on the science of information and knowledge management and the role of computers and communications in modern biomedical research, health, and health care. Emphasizing the conceptual basis of the field rather than technical details, it provides an introduction and extensive bibliography so that readers can comprehend, assess, and utilize biomedical informatics and health IT. The volume focuses on easy-to-understand examples, a guide to additional literature, chapter summaries, and a comprehensive glossary with concise definitions of recurring terms for self-study or classroom use.
- Brief history of computing 2008, Springer
- C# 3.0 in a nutshell. 3rd ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- C# cookbook. 2nd ed. 2006, ProQuest Safari
- C# programming evolution 2004, ProQuest Safari
- C++ cookbook 2006, ProQuest SafariBuilding C++ applications -- Code organization -- Numbers -- Strings and text -- Dates and times -- Managing data with containers -- Algorithms -- Classes -- Exceptions and safety -- Streams and files -- Science and mathematics -- Multithreading -- Internationalization -- XML -- Miscellaneous.
- Classic shell scripting 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Clinical trial data analysis using R 2011, CRCnetBASE"With examples based on the authors' 30 years of real-world experience in many areas of clinical drug development, this book provides a thorough presentation of clinical trial methodology. It presents detailed step-by-step illustrations on the implementation of the open-source software R. Case studies demonstrate how to select the appropriate clinical trial data. The authors introduce the corresponding biostatistical analysis methods, followed by the step-by-step data analysis using R. They also offer the R program for download, along with other essential data, on their website"--Provided by publisher.
- Cloud-based solutions for healthcare IT 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Combinatorial pattern matching algorithms in computational biology using Perl and R 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Commonsense reasoning 2006, ScienceDirect
- Comprehensive textbook of healthcare simulation 2013, SpringerPart I. Introduction to simulation -- Part II. Simulation modalities and technologies -- Part III. Simulation for healthcare disciplines -- Part IV. Professional development in simulation -- Part V. Program development in simulation -- Appendices -- Index.
- Computer and template assisted orthopedic surgery 2013, SpringerComputer-assisted surgery is a growing sub-discipline of orthopaedic surgery. This book offers a comprehensive presentation of scientific work and clinical experience including new technologies like individual templating in unicompartmental and total knee arthoplasty based on computer-assisted design technology. Computer-assisted surgery involves not only total knee and total hip arthroplasty, but also trauma, sports and revision surgery. In this edition we have added sections on 3D fluoroscopy-based spinal surgery as well as 3D fluoroscopy-based trauma surgery. Even in total hip surgery, navigation systems offer exciting new aspects, and the clinical benefit of navigation in total knee arthroplasties has now been demonstrated. We believe that this textbook will be of interest to those new to this specific field, while also providing an update for experienced users. An added benefit is the international character of this textbook, including experiences from Switzerland, Israel, the United States and the German-speaking countries.
- Computer medical databases 2012, Springer
- Computer methods. Part A-C ScienceDirectpt. B, 2009 ScienceDirectpt. C, 2011 ScienceDirect
- Computer science handbook. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Computer systems validation 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Computer vision in medical imaging 2014, WortdScientificThe major progress in computer vision allows us to make extensive use of medical imaging data to provide us better diagnosis, treatment and predication of diseases. Computer vision can exploit texture, shape, contour and prior knowledge along with contextual information from image sequence and provide 3D and 4D information that helps with better human understanding. Many powerful tools have been available through image segmentation, machine learning, pattern classification, tracking, reconstruction to bring much needed quantitative information not easily available by trained human specialists. The aim of the book is for both medical imaging professionals to acquire and interpret the data, and computer vision professionals to provide enhanced medical information by using computer vision techniques. The final objective is to benefit the patients without adding to the already high medical costs.
- Computer-human interaction 2008, Springer
- Computers helping people with special needs 2008, Springer
- Correspondence analysis and data coding with Java and R 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Data mining methods and applications 2008, CRCnetBASEAn approach to analyzing and modeling systems for real-time decisions / John C. Brocklebank ... [et al.] -- Ensemble strategies for neural network classifiers / Paul Mangiameli and David West -- Neural network classification with uneven misclassification costs and imbalanced group sizes / Jyhshyan Lan ... [et al.] -- Data cleansing with independent component analysis / Guangyin Zeng and Mark J. Embrechts -- A multiple criteria approach to creating good teams over time / Ronald K. Klimberg, Kevin J. Boyle, and Ira Yermish -- Data mining applications in higher education / Cali M. Davis ... [et al.] -- Data mining for market segmentation with market share data : a case study approach / Illya Mowerman and Scott J. Lloyd -- An enhancement of the pocket algorithm with ratchet for use in data mining applications / Louis W. Glorfeld and Doug White -- Identification and prediction of chronic conditions for health plan members using data mining techniques / Theodore L. Perry, Stephan Kudyba, and Kenneth D. Lawrence -- Monitoring and managing data and process quality using data mining : business process management for the purchasing and accounts payable processes / Daniel E. O'Leary -- Data mining for individual consumer models and personalized retail promotions / Rayid Ghani ... [et al.] -- Data mining : common definitions, applications, and misunderstandings / Richard D. Pollack -- Fuzzy sets in data mining and ordinal classification / David L. Olson, Helen Moshkovich, and Alexander Mechitov -- Developing an associative keyword space of the data mining literature through latent semantic analysis / Adrian Gardiner -- A classification model for a two-class (new product purchase) discrimination process using multiple-criteria linear programming / Kenneth D. Lawrence ... [et al.].
- Data mining with R 2011, CRCnetBASE"This hands-on book uses practical examples to illustrate the power of R and data mining. Assuming no prior knowledge of R or data mining/statistical techniques, it covers a diverse set of problems that pose different challenges in terms of size, type of data, goals of analysis, and analytical tools. The main data mining processes and techniques are presented through detailed, real-world case studies. With these case studies, the author supplies all necessary steps, code, and data. Mirroring the do-it-yourself approach of the text, the supporting website provides data sets and R code" -- Provided by publisher.
- Data mining with Rattle and R 2011, SpringerPart 1. Explorations -- Introduction -- Getting Started -- Working with Data -- Loading Data -- Exploring Data -- Interactive Graphics -- Transforming Data -- Part 2. Building Models -- Descriptive and Predictive Analytics -- Cluster Analysis -- Association Analysis -- Decision Trees -- Random Forests -- Boosting -- Support Vector Machines -- Part 3. Delivering Performance -- Model Performance Evaluation -- Deployment -- Part 4. Appendices -- Installing Rattle -- Sample Datasets.
- Database book. 2nd ed. 2011, books24x7
- DC servos 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Designing Web sites that work 2002, ScienceDirect
- Digital image sequence processing, compression, and analysis 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Digital signal processing 2005, WileyChapter 1. Processing of Signals, p. 1-20 -- Chapter 2. Revisiting the Basics, p. 21-44 -- Chapter 3. Digital Filters, p. 45-78 -- Chapter 4. Fourier Transform and Signal Spectrum, p. 79-100 -- Chapter 5. Realisation of Digital Filters, p. 101-119 -- Chapter 6. Case Studies, p. 121-128 -- Appendix. MATLAB and C Programs, p. 129-185.
- Digital signal processing laboratory 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Doing Bayesian data analysis 2011, ProQuest SafariThis book's organization : read me first! -- Introduction : models we believe in -- What is this stuff called probability? -- Bayes' rule -- Inferring a binomial proportion via exact mathematical analysis -- Inferring a binomial proportion via grid approximation -- Inferring a binomial proportion via the Metropolis algorithm -- Inferring two binomial proportions via Gibbs sampling -- Bernoulli likelihood with hierarchical prior -- Hierarchical modeling and model comparison -- Null hypothesis significance testing -- Bayesian approaches to testing a point ("null") hypothesis -- Goals, power, and sample size -- Overview of the generalized linear model -- Metric predicted variable on a single group -- Metric predicted variable with one metric predictor -- Metric predicted variable with multiple metric predictors -- Metric predicted variable with one nominal predictor -- Metric predicted variable with multiple nominal predictors -- Dichotomous predicted variable -- Ordinal predicted variable -- Contingency table analysis -- Tools in the trunk.
- Effective Java. 2nd ed. 2008, ProQuest SafariIntroduction -- Creating and destroying objects -- Methods common to all objects -- Classes and interfaces -- Generics -- Enums and annotations -- Methods -- General programming -- Exceptions -- Concurrency -- Serialization.
- Electronic health records 2014, CRCnetBASEPart 1. Introduction -- part 2. Identifying and preventing EHR safety concerns -- part 3. EHR users and usability -- part 4. Clinical decision support -- part 5. Referrals -- part 6. Laboratory test result management -- part 7. Bar coded medication administration -- part 8. Computer-based provider order entry.
- Encyclopedia of algorithms 2007, Springer
- Encyclopedia of data warehousing and mining 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.v. 2 books24x7"The Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining provides a comprehensive, critical and descriptive examination of concepts, issues, trends, and challenges in this rapidly expanding field of data warehousing and mining (DWM). This encyclopedia consists of more than 350 contributors from 32 countries"--Provided by the publisher.
- Encyclopedia of database technologies and applications 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Encyclopedia of information systems 2003, ScienceDirect
- MATLAB basics -- MATLAB functions, operators, and commands -- MATLAB and problem solving -- MATLAB graphics -- MATLAB applications : numerical simulations of differential equations and introduction to dynamic systems -- SIMULINK.
- Essential simulation in clinical education 2013, WileyEssential simulation in clinical education / Judy McKimm and Kirsty Forrest -- Medical simulation : the journey so far / Aidan Byrne -- The evidence what works, why and how? / Doris Ostergaard and Jacob Rosenberg -- Pedagogy in simulation-based training in health care / Peter Dieckmann and Charlotte Ringsted -- Assessment / Thomas Gale and Martin Roberts -- The roles of faculty and simulated patients in simulation / Bryn Baxendale, Frank Coffey, and Andrew Buttery -- Surgical technical skills / Rajesh Aggarwal and Amit Mishra -- The non-technical skills / Nikki Maran, Simon Edgar, and Alistair May -- Teamwork / Jennifer Weller -- Designing effective simulation activities / Joanne Barrott ... [et al.] -- Distributed simulation / Jessica Janice Tang ... [et al.] -- Providing effective simulation activities / Walter J Eppich, Lanty O'Connor, and Mark Adler -- Simulation in practice / edited by Jean Keri -- The future for simulation.
- Excel 2007 advanced report development 2007, books24x7Taking a first look at Excel's reporting tools -- Getting started with PivotTable reports -- PivotTable essentials and components -- Working with external data sources -- Looking at the Get External Data tab -- Retrieving external data using Microsoft Query -- Using the Query Wizard -- Getting started with Microsoft Query -- Working with SQL in Microsoft Query -- Designing PivotTable reports -- PivotTable report formatting -- Managing PivotTable data -- Analyzing data in a PivotChart -- Creating and using spreadsheet reports -- Building report solutions -- Spreadsheet report formatting.
- Excel 2007 bible 2007, books24x7Fulltext ProQuest SafariGetting Started with Excel -- Introducing Excel -- What's New in Excel 2007? -- Entering and Editing Worksheet Data -- Essential Worksheet Operations -- Working with Cells and Ranges -- Introducing tables -- Worksheet Formatting -- Understanding Excel's Files -- Using and Creating Templates -- Printing Your Work -- Working with Formulas and Functions -- Introducing Formulas and Functions -- Creating Formulas and Functions -- Creating Formulas That Manipulate Text -- Working with Dates and Times -- Creating Formulas That Count and Sum -- Creating Formulas That Look Up Values -- Creating Formulas for Financial Applications -- Introducing Array Formulas -- Performing Magic with Array Formulas -- Creating Charts and Graphics -- Getting Started Making Charts -- Learning Advanced Charting -- Visualizing Data Using Conditional Formatting -- Enhancing Your Work with Pictures and Drawings -- Using Advanced Excel Features -- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar -- Using Custom Number Formats -- Using Data Validation -- Creating and Using Worksheet Outlines -- Linking and Consolidating Worksheets -- Excel and the Internet -- Sharing Data with Other Applications -- Using Excel in a Workgroup -- Protecting Your Work -- Making Your Worksheets Error-Free -- Analyzing Data with Excel -- Using Microsoft Query with External Database Files -- Introducing Pivot Tables -- Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables -- Performing Spreadsheet What-If Analysis -- Analyzing Data Using Goal Seek and Solver -- Analyzing Data with the Analysis Tookpak -- Programming Excel with VBA -- Introducing Visual Basic for Applications -- Creating Custom Worksheet Functions -- Creating UserForms -- Using UserForm Controls in a Worksheet -- Working with Excel Events -- VGA Examples -- Creating Custom Excel Add-Ins -- Worksheet Function Reference -- What's on the CD-ROM -- Additional Excel Resources -- Excel Shortcut Keys.
- Excel 2007 data analysis for dummies 2007, books24x7
- Excel hacks. 2nd ed. 2007, ProQuest SafariReducing workbook and worksheet frustration -- Hacking Excel's built-in features -- Naming hacks -- Hacking PivotTables -- Hacking formulas and functions -- Macro hacks -- Cross-application hacks.
- Expert systems 2002, ScienceDirect
- Exploratory data mining and data cleaning 2003, Wiley
- Exploratory multivariate analysis by example using R 2011, CRCnetBASE"An introduction to exploratory techniques for multivariate data analysis, this book covers the key methodology, including principal components analysis, correspondence analysis, mixed models and multiple factor analysis. The authors take a practical approach, with examples leading the discussion of the methods and lots of graphics to emphasize visualization. They present the concepts in the most intuitive way possible, keeping mathematical content to a minimum or relegating it to the appendices. The book includes examples that use real data from a range of scientific disciplines and implemented using an R package developed by the authors"--Provided by publisher.
- First course in fuzzy and neural control 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Fuzzification of systems 2007, Springer
- Fuzzy expert systems and fuzzy reasoning 2005, Wiley
- Genetic programming 2008, Springer
- Ggplot2 2009, SpringerDescribes ggplot2, a data visualization package for R and a powerful and flexible system for creating data graphics.
- Google Analytics 2.0 2007, books24x7
- Graphics and GUIs with MATLAB. 3rd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Guide to MATLAB object-oriented programming 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of approximation algorithms and metaheurististics 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of automated reasoning 2001, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of data structures and applications 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of image quality 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of neural network signal processing 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of SAS DATA Step programming 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of scheduling 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of statistical analyses using R. 2nd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEAn introduction to R -- Data analysis using graphical displays -- Simple inference -- Conditional inference -- Analysis of variance -- Simple and multiple linear regression -- Logistic repression and generalised linear models -- Density estimation -- Recursive partitioning -- Smoothers and generalised additive models -- Survival analysis -- Analysing longitudinal data I -- Analysing longitudinal data II -- Simultaneous inference and multiple comparisons -- Meta-analysis -- Principal component analysis -- Multidimensional scaling -- Cluster analysis.
- Handbook of temporal reasoning in artificial intelligence 2005, ScienceDirectFormal theories of time and temporal incidence / Lluis Vila -- Eventualities / Antony Galton -- Time granularity / Jérôme Euzenat and Angelo Montanari -- Modal varieties of temporal logic / Howard Barringer and Dov Gabbay -- Temporal qualification in artificial intelligence / Han Reichgelt and Lluis Vila -- Computational complexity of temporal constraint problems / Thomas Drakengren and Peter Jonsson -- Indefinite constraint databases with temporal information : representational power and computational complexity / Manolis Koubarakis -- Processing qualitative temporal constraints / Alfonso Gerevini -- Theorem-proving for discrete temporal logic / Mark Reynolds and Clare Dixon -- Probabilistic temporal reasoning / Steve Hanks and David Madigan -- Temporal reasoning with iff-abduction / Marc Denecker and Kristof Van Belleghem -- Temporal description logics / Alessandro Artale and Enrico Franconi -- Logic programming and reasoning about actions / Chitta Baral and Michael Gelfond -- Temporal databases / Jan Chomicki and David Toman -- Temporal reasoning in agent-based systems / Michael Fisher and Michael Wooldridge -- Time in planning / Maria Fox and Derek Long -- Time in automated legal reasoning / Lluis Vila and Hajime Yoshino -- Temporal reasoning in natural language / Alice ter Meulen -- Temporal reasoning in medicine / Elpida Keravnou and Yuval Shahar -- Time in qualitative simulation / Dan Clancy and Benjamin Kuipers.
- Handhelds in medicine 2005, Springer
- Haptics: perception, devices and scenarios 2008, Springer
- High performance MySQL. 2nd ed. 2008, ProQuest Safari
- High performance MySQL. 3rd ed. 2012, ProQuest SafariMySQL architecture and history -- Benchmarking MySQL -- Profiling server performance -- Optimizing schema and data types -- Indexing for high performance -- Query performance optimization -- Advanced MySQL features -- Optimizing server settings -- Operating system and hardware optimization -- Replication -- Scaling MySQL -- High availability -- MySQL in the cloud -- Application-level optimization -- Backup and recovery -- Tools for MySQL users -- Forks and variants of MySQL -- MySQL server status -- Transferring large files -- Using EXPLAIN -- Debugging locks -- Using Sphinx with MySQL.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases