Books by Subject
- Big picture medical biochemistry 2012, AccessMedicineSection I. The Basic Molecules of Life -- 1. Amino acids and proteins -- 2. Carbohydrates -- 3. Lipids -- 4. Nucleosides, nucleotides -- Section II. Functional biochemistry -- 5. Enzymes and amino acid metabolism -- 6. Carbohydrate metabolism -- 7. Lipid metabolism -- 8. Membranes -- 9. DNA/RNA function and protein synthesis -- Section III. Applied biochemistry -- 10. Metabolism and vitamins/minerals / Maria L. Valencik and Cynthia C. Mastick -- 11. The Digestive system / Kshama Jaiswal -- 12. Muscles and cell motility / Darren Campbell -- 13. Connective tissue and bone / Jacques Kerr -- 14. Blood / Matthew Porteus -- 15. The Immune system / Eric L. Greidinger, Leonard M. Miller -- 16. The Cardiovascular system / Ralph Shohet, John A. Burns -- 17. The respiratory system / Howard Huang -- 18. The Urinary system / Armando J. Lorenzo -- 19. The Nervous system / Kathryn Beck-Yoo -- 20. The Reproductive system / Catrina Bubier -- Section IV. Appendices -- Appendix I. Biochemical Basis of Diseases -- Appendix II. Biochemical Methods -- Appendix III. Organic Chemistry Primer.
- Clinical chemistry. 7th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyBiomechanical investigations in clinical medicine -- Water, sodium and potassium -- Hydrogen ion homeostasis and blood gases -- The kidneys -- The liver -- The gastrointestinal tract -- The hypothalamus and the pituitary gland -- The adrenal glands -- The thyroid gland -- The gonads -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Calcium, phosphate, and magnesium -- Plasma proteins and enzymes -- Lipids, lipoproteins, and cardiovascular disease -- The locomotor and nervous systems -- Inherited metabolic diseases -- Disorders of haemoproteins, porphyrins and iron -- Metabolic aspects of malignant disease -- Therapeutic drug monitoring and chemical aspects of toxicology -- Clinical nutrition -- Clinical chemistry at the extremes of age.
- Making and using antibodies a practical handbook. 2nd ed. 2014, CRCnetBASE"This second edition provides guidance on all aspects of how to make and use antibodies for research, and commercial and industrial applications. All chapters are revised, updated, or expanded. New material in the book includes western blotting, aptamers, antibodies as therapeutics, quantitative production, and humanization of antibodies. The authors present descriptions of basic methods for making and using antibodies and describe basic laboratory techniques in detail. Each chapter includes introductory material, allowing for a better understanding of each concept. Practical examples are also included"--Provided by publisher.
- Medical biochemistry. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2014, ClinicalKeyBrought to you in a thorough yet accessible manner, the new edition of Medical Biochemistry gives access to all of the latest information on basic and clinically focused genetic and molecular biology. Featuring a team of contributors that includes investigators involved in cutting-edge research as well as experienced clinicians, this updated medical textbook offers a unique combination of both research and practice that's ideal for today's problem-based integrated courses. Relate biochemistry to everyday practice with the help of Clinical Boxes integrated into the text, and access in-depth coverage of important topics - including recent research in biochemistry - through Advanced Concept Boxes.Test your knowledge and improve retention with Active Learning Boxes at the conclusion of each chapter, and quickly review the most common lab tests performed with convenient Clinical Test Boxes.Effectively study the most updated information in biochemistry with the help of a dynamic, full-color design.Better understand the relationship between science and clinical practice with material organized by organ rather than system.
- Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics. 5th ed. 2013, ClinicalKey"As the definitive reference for clinical chemistry, Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 5th Edition offers the most current and authoritative guidance on selecting, performing, and evaluating results of new and established laboratory tests. Up-to-date encyclopedic coverage details everything you need to know, including: analytical criteria for the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures; new approaches for establishing reference ranges; variables that affect tests and results; the impact of modern analytical tools on lab management and costs; and applications of statistical methods. In addition to updated content throughout, this two-color edition also features a new chapter on hemostasis and the latest advances in molecular diagnostics."--Publisher's website.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.