Books by Subject
- Big picture medical biochemistry 2012AccessMedicineSection I. The Basic Molecules of Life -- 1. Amino acids and proteins -- 2. Carbohydrates -- 3. Lipids -- 4. Nucleosides, nucleotides -- Section II. Functional biochemistry -- 5. Enzymes and amino acid metabolism -- 6. Carbohydrate metabolism -- 7. Lipid metabolism -- 8. Membranes -- 9. DNA/RNA function and protein synthesis -- Section III. Applied biochemistry -- 10. Metabolism and vitamins/minerals / Maria L. Valencik and Cynthia C. Mastick -- 11. The Digestive system / Kshama Jaiswal -- 12. Muscles and cell motility / Darren Campbell -- 13. Connective tissue and bone / Jacques Kerr -- 14. Blood / Matthew Porteus -- 15. The Immune system / Eric L. Greidinger, Leonard M. Miller -- 16. The Cardiovascular system / Ralph Shohet, John A. Burns -- 17. The respiratory system / Howard Huang -- 18. The Urinary system / Armando J. Lorenzo -- 19. The Nervous system / Kathryn Beck-Yoo -- 20. The Reproductive system / Catrina Bubier -- Section IV. Appendices -- Appendix I. Biochemical Basis of Diseases -- Appendix II. Biochemical Methods -- Appendix III. Organic Chemistry Primer.
- Clinical chemistry. 7th ed. 2012ClinicalKeyBiomechanical investigations in clinical medicine -- Water, sodium and potassium -- Hydrogen ion homeostasis and blood gases -- The kidneys -- The liver -- The gastrointestinal tract -- The hypothalamus and the pituitary gland -- The adrenal glands -- The thyroid gland -- The gonads -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Calcium, phosphate, and magnesium -- Plasma proteins and enzymes -- Lipids, lipoproteins, and cardiovascular disease -- The locomotor and nervous systems -- Inherited metabolic diseases -- Disorders of haemoproteins, porphyrins and iron -- Metabolic aspects of malignant disease -- Therapeutic drug monitoring and chemical aspects of toxicology -- Clinical nutrition -- Clinical chemistry at the extremes of age.
- Making and using antibodies a practical handbook. 2nd ed. 2014CRCnetBASE"This second edition provides guidance on all aspects of how to make and use antibodies for research, and commercial and industrial applications. All chapters are revised, updated, or expanded. New material in the book includes western blotting, aptamers, antibodies as therapeutics, quantitative production, and humanization of antibodies. The authors present descriptions of basic methods for making and using antibodies and describe basic laboratory techniques in detail. Each chapter includes introductory material, allowing for a better understanding of each concept. Practical examples are also included"--Provided by publisher.
- Medical biochemistry. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2014ClinicalKeyBrought to you in a thorough yet accessible manner, the new edition of Medical Biochemistry gives access to all of the latest information on basic and clinically focused genetic and molecular biology. Featuring a team of contributors that includes investigators involved in cutting-edge research as well as experienced clinicians, this updated medical textbook offers a unique combination of both research and practice that's ideal for today's problem-based integrated courses. Relate biochemistry to everyday practice with the help of Clinical Boxes integrated into the text, and access in-depth coverage of important topics - including recent research in biochemistry - through Advanced Concept Boxes.Test your knowledge and improve retention with Active Learning Boxes at the conclusion of each chapter, and quickly review the most common lab tests performed with convenient Clinical Test Boxes.Effectively study the most updated information in biochemistry with the help of a dynamic, full-color design.Better understand the relationship between science and clinical practice with material organized by organ rather than system.
- Novel approaches in immunoassays 2014Future MedNovel approaches in immunoassays / Hannu Koistinen & Ulf-Håkan Stenman -- General principles of immunoassays / Annette C. Moser & Taylor L. Carlson -- Surface plasmon resonance-based immunoassays / Darragh Lemass, Stephen Hearty & Richard O'Kennedy -- Immunopeptidometric assays / Hannu Koistinen & Ulf-Håkan Stenman -- Bead-based immunoassays / Fimme Jan van der Wal, Jan H.W. Bergervoet, René P. Achterberg & Willem Haasnoot -- Automation of immunoassays through centrifugal lab-on-adisc platforms / Robert Burger, Maria Kitsara, Jennifer Gaughran, Charles Nwankire & Jens Ducrée -- Index.
- "As the definitive reference for clinical chemistry, Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 5th Edition offers the most current and authoritative guidance on selecting, performing, and evaluating results of new and established laboratory tests. Up-to-date encyclopedic coverage details everything you need to know, including: analytical criteria for the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures; new approaches for establishing reference ranges; variables that affect tests and results; the impact of modern analytical tools on lab management and costs; and applications of statistical methods. In addition to updated content throughout, this two-color edition also features a new chapter on hemostasis and the latest advances in molecular diagnostics."--Publisher's website.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.