Books by Subject
- 2012 Wileyedited by Sergio Caroli, Gyula Záray.Part I Exploring fundamentals -- Good clinical practice principles: legal background and applicability / Umberto Filibeck, Angela Del Vecchio, and Fabrizio Galliccia -- Clinical chemistry and the quest for quality / Sergio Caroli -- Uncertainty in clinical chemistry measurements including preanalytical variables / Marit Sverresdotter Sylte, Tore Wentzel-Larsen, and Bjorn J. Bolann -- The role and significance of reference values in the identification and evaluation of trace elements from diet / Pietro Apostoli and Maria Cristina Ricossa -- Sample collection, storage, and pretreatment in clinical chemistry / Andrew Taylor -- Metal toxicology in clinical, forensic, and chemical pathology / Jose A. Centeno [and others] -- Part II Selected applications -- Elemental speciation in clinical sciences / Douglas M. Templeton -- The role of analytical chemistry in the safety of drug therapy / Sandor Gorog -- Analytical techniques and quality control of pharmaceuticals / Fedele Manna, Francesca Rossi, and Rossella Fioravanti -- Detection of drugs in biological fluids for antidoping control / Sabina Strano Rossi and Marcello Chiarotti -- The applicability of plasma-based techniques to biological monitoring / Ilse Steffan and Goran Vujicic -- Atomic spectrometric techniques for the analysis of clinical samples / Pilar Bermejo Barrera, Antonio Moreda Pineiro, and Maria del Carmen Barciela Alonso -- Applications of ICP-MS in human biomonitoring studies / Peter Heitland and Helmut D. Koster -- Molybdenum in biological samples and clinical significance of serum molybdenum / Munehiro Yoshida -- Application of organometallic speciation in clinical studies / Bin He [and others] -- Biosensors for drug analysis / Daniela Deriu and Franco Mazzei -- Bioimaging of metals and proteomic studies of clinical samples by laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) / J. Sabine Becker and J. Susanne Becker -- Applications of LC-MS/MS in clinical laboratory diagnostics / Uta Ceglarek, Georg Martin Fiedler, and Joachim Thiery -- Metabolomics using UPLC/HPLC-tandem mass spectrometry in diagnosis and research of inherited metabolic diseases / Willem Kulik and Andre B.P. van Kuilenburg -- Biomarkers of oxidative stress in plasma and urine / Papasani V. Subbaiah -- The use of x-ray techniques in medical research / Imre Szaloki, Gyula Zaray, and Norbert Szoboszlai -- Part III Future trends -- A new tool based on the use of stable isotopes and isotope pattern deconvolution (IPD)-ICP-MS for nutritional and clinical studies / Hector Gonzalez Iglesias, Maria Luisa Fernandez-Sanchez, and Alfredo Sanz-Medel -- Breath analysis: analytical methodologies and clinical applications / Alessio Ceccarini [and others] -- Proteo-metabolomic strategies in the future of drug development / Uwe Christians [and others] -- Basics in laboratory medicine: past, present, and future / Lorand A. Debreczeni, Anna Kovacsay, and Sandor Nagy.
- 2012 AccessMedicinewritten and edited by Lee W. Janson, Marc E. Tischler.Section I. The Basic Molecules of Life -- 1. Amino acids and proteins -- 2. Carbohydrates -- 3. Lipids -- 4. Nucleosides, nucleotides -- Section II. Functional biochemistry -- 5. Enzymes and amino acid metabolism -- 6. Carbohydrate metabolism -- 7. Lipid metabolism -- 8. Membranes -- 9. DNA/RNA function and protein synthesis -- Section III. Applied biochemistry -- 10. Metabolism and vitamins/minerals / Maria L. Valencik and Cynthia C. Mastick -- 11. The Digestive system / Kshama Jaiswal -- 12. Muscles and cell motility / Darren Campbell -- 13. Connective tissue and bone / Jacques Kerr -- 14. Blood / Matthew Porteus -- 15. The Immune system / Eric L. Greidinger, Leonard M. Miller -- 16. The Cardiovascular system / Ralph Shohet, John A. Burns -- 17. The respiratory system / Howard Huang -- 18. The Urinary system / Armando J. Lorenzo -- 19. The Nervous system / Kathryn Beck-Yoo -- 20. The Reproductive system / Catrina Bubier -- Section IV. Appendices -- Appendix I. Biochemical Basis of Diseases -- Appendix II. Biochemical Methods -- Appendix III. Organic Chemistry Primer.
- 2016 Springer Protocolsedited by Uttam Garg.Mass spectrometry in clinical laboratory : applications in biomolecular analysis / Uttam Garg and Yan Victoria Zhang -- Quantification of free carnitine and acylcarnitines in plasma or serum using HPLC/MS/MS / David Scott, Bryce Heese, and Uttam Garg -- Quantification of arginine and its methylated derivatives in plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) / Faye B. Vicente ... [et al.] -- Quantitation of albumin in urine by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry / Hemamalini Ketha and Ravinder J. Singh -- Quantitation of aldosterone in serum or plasma using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC- MS/MS) / J. Grace Van Der Gugten and Daniel T. Holmes -- Quantification of five clinically important amino acids by HPLC-Triple TOF 5600 based on pre-column double derivatization method / Shuang Deng, David Scott, and Uttam Garg -- Sensitive, simple, and robust nano-liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry method for amyloid protein subtyping / Drew Payto, Courtney Heideloff, and Sihe Wang -- Quantitation of ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10) in serum/plasma using liquid chromatography electrospray tandem mass spectrometry (ESI-LC-MS/MS) / Richard E. Mathieu Jr. and Catherine P. Riley -- Quantitative analysis of salivary cortisol using LC-MS/MS / Yan Victoria Zhang -- Quantification of dihydroxyacetone phosphate (DHAP) in human red blood cells by HPLC-TripleTOF 5600 mass spectrometer / Shuang Deng ... [et al.] -- Simultaneous quantitation of estradiol and sstrone in serum using liquid chromatography mass spectrometry / Catherine P. Riley, Richard E. Mathieu Jr., and Carmen Wiley -- Direct measurement of free estradiol in human serum and plasma by equilibrium dialysis-liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Julie A. Ray ... [et al.] -- Quantification of γ-aminobutyric acid in cerebrospinal fluid using liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometry / Erland Arning and Teodoro Bottiglieri -- Quantitation of insulin analogues in serum using immunoaffinity extraction, liquid chromatography, and tandem mass spectrometry / J. Grace Van Der Gugten, Sophia Wong, and Daniel T. Holmes -- Quantitation of insulin-like growth factor 1 in serum by liquid chromatography high resolution accurate-mass mass spectrometry / Hemamalini Ketha and Ravinder J. Singh -- Quantitation of free metanephrines in plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Courtney Heideloff, Drew Payto, and Sihe Wang -- Quantification of metanephrine and normetanephrine in urine using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Jessica Gabler and Sihe Wang -- High-throughput analysis of methylmalonic acid in serum, plasma, and urine by LC-MS/MS. Method for analyzing isomers without chromatographic separation / Mark M. Kushnir ... [et al.] -- Quantitation of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in cerebrospinal fluid using liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometry / Erland Arning and Teodoro Bottiglieri -- Quantitative organic acids in urine by two dimensional gas chromatography-time of flight mass spectrometry (GCxGC-TOFMS) / Lawrence Sweetman, Paula Ashcraft, and Jeanna Bennett-Firmin -- High sensitivity measurement of pancreatic polypeptide and its variant in serum and plasma by LC-MS/MS / Hernando Escobar ... [et al.] -- Quantitation of parathyroid hormone in serum or plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Hemamalini Ketha and Ravinder J. Singh -- Determination of phenylalanine and tyrosine by high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Judy Peat and Uttam Garg -- Urine purine metabolite determination by UPLC-tandem mass spectrometry / Qin Sun -- Urine pyrimidine metabolite determination by HPLC tandem mass spectrometry / Qin Sun -- Quantitation of plasma renin activity in plasma using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC- MS/MS) / J. Grace Van Der Gugten and Daniel T. Holmes -- Quantitation of S-adenosylmethionine and S-adenosylhomocysteine in plasma using liquid chromatography electrospray tandem mass spectrometry / Erland Arning and Teodoro Bottiglieri -- Simple, high-throughput method for analysis of ceramide, glucosylceramide, and ceramide trihexoside in dried blood spots by LC/MS/MS / Wei-Lien Chuang, Joshua Pacheco, and Kate Zhang -- Quantification of dehydroepiandrosterone, 11-Deoxycortisol, 17-Hydroxyprogesterone, and testosterone by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) / Ada Munar, Clint Frazee, and Uttam Garg -- Urinary succinylacetone analysis by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) / Hongjie Chen and Chunli Yu -- Quantification of 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D2 and D3 in serum using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Jonathon Mahlow, Dustin R. Bunch, and Sihe Wang -- High-throughput serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D testing with automated sample preparation / Judy Stone -- Quantitation of 25-OH-Vitamin-D2 and 25-OH-Vitamin-D3 in urine using LC-MS/MS / Dean C. Carlow, Ryan C. Schofield, and Michelle Denburg.
- 2006Martin A. Crook.
- 2017 ClinicalKeyWilliam J. Marshall, Andrew Day, Marta Lapsley.Biomechanical investigations in clinical medicine -- Water, sodium and potassium -- Hydrogen ion homeostasis and blood gases -- The kidneys -- The liver -- The gastrointestinal tract -- The hypothalamus and the pituitary gland -- The adrenal glands -- The thyroid gland -- The gonads -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Calcium, phosphate, and magnesium -- Plasma proteins and enzymes -- Lipids, lipoproteins, and cardiovascular disease -- The locomotor and nervous systems -- Inherited metabolic diseases -- Disorders of haemoproteins, porphyrins and iron -- Metabolic aspects of malignant disease -- Therapeutic drug monitoring and chemical aspects of toxicology -- Clinical nutrition -- Clinical chemistry at the extremes of age.
- Clinical chemistry, immunology, and laboratory quality control : a comprehensive review for board preparation, certification, and clinical practice2014 ScienceDirectAmitava Dasgupta, Amer Wahed.
- v. 1-<5>, 1982-<1989>editor, Mario Werner.
- 2006edited by Richard M. Rocco.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEeditors, Gary C. Howard and Matthew R. Kaser."This second edition provides guidance on all aspects of how to make and use antibodies for research, and commercial and industrial applications. All chapters are revised, updated, or expanded. New material in the book includes western blotting, aptamers, antibodies as therapeutics, quantitative production, and humanization of antibodies. The authors present descriptions of basic methods for making and using antibodies and describe basic laboratory techniques in detail. Each chapter includes introductory material, allowing for a better understanding of each concept. Practical examples are also included"--Provided by publisher.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyJohn W. Baynes, Marek H. Dominiczak.Brought to you in a thorough yet accessible manner, the new edition of Medical Biochemistry gives access to all of the latest information on basic and clinically focused genetic and molecular biology. Featuring a team of contributors that includes investigators involved in cutting-edge research as well as experienced clinicians, this updated medical textbook offers a unique combination of both research and practice that's ideal for today's problem-based integrated courses. Relate biochemistry to everyday practice with the help of Clinical Boxes integrated into the text, and access in-depth coverage of important topics - including recent research in biochemistry - through Advanced Concept Boxes.Test your knowledge and improve retention with Active Learning Boxes at the conclusion of each chapter, and quickly review the most common lab tests performed with convenient Clinical Test Boxes.Effectively study the most updated information in biochemistry with the help of a dynamic, full-color design.Better understand the relationship between science and clinical practice with material organized by organ rather than system.
- 2006 Springeredited by William B. Coleman and Gregory J. Tsongalis.Pt. I. Introduction. An historical perspective on the clinical diagnostic laboratory / Robert E. Moore -- Pt. II. Basic molecular biology. An overview of nucleic acid chemistry, structure, and function: the foundations of molecular biology / William B. Coleman -- Extraction of nucleic acids / Paul N. Bogner and Anthony A. Killeen -- Nucleic acid blotting techniques: theory and practice / Terry Amiss and Sharon collins Presnell -- The polymerase chain reaction / William B. Coleman and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Bioinformatics: computer-based approaches to genetic analysis / Sharon L. Ricketts -- Pt. III. Molecular diagnostic technologies. PCR-based methods for mutation detection / Ian M. Frayling, Emma Monk, and Rachel Butler -- Alternative methods for amplified nucleic acid testing / Deborah A. Payne and Laurie E. Sower -- Electrophoretic methods for mutation detection and DNA sequencing / W. Edward Highsmith, Jr. -- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms: testing DNA variation for disease association / Ulrich Broeckel and Martin J. Hessner -- Microarray approaches to gene expression analysis / David Neil Hayes and Matthew Meyerson -- Methods for analysis of DNA methylation / Alexander Dobrovic -- Pt. IV. Other clinical diagnostic technologies / Flow Cytometry / Joseph A. DiGiuseppe -- Medical cytogenetics / Martha B. Kaegle -- Fluorescence In situ hybridization: a major milestone in luminous cytogenetics / Suneel D. Mundle and Robert J. Koska -- Immunohistochemistry / John Hunt ... [et al.] -- Lser capture microdissection / C. Robert Bagnell, Jr. -- Pt. V. Quality assurance in the molecular diagnostics laboratory. Framework for quality assurance in molecular diagnostics / Marlene Sabbath-Solitare, Selwyn J. Baptist, and Teresita Cuyegkeng Redondo -- Verification of molecular assays / Brent L. Seaton -- Standards and standardization of molecular diagnostics / John P. Jakupciak and Catherine D. O'Connell -- Laboratory-developed tests in molecular diagnostics / Andrea Ferreira-Gonzalez and Carleton T. Garrett -- Pt. VI. Applications of molecular diagnostics for genetic diseases. An overview of molecular genetics / Elaine Weidenhammer and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Genetic basis of neurologic neuromuscular diseases / Narasimhan Nagan ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of endocrine disorders / Amy Potter and John A. Phillips III -- Molecular pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease / Alan H.B. Wu -- Molecular diagnostics in coagulation / Enrique Ballesteros -- Cystic fibrosis / Eugene H. Lewis III ... [et al.] -- Prenatal genotyping for identification of identification of fetuses at risk for immune cytopenic disorders / Martin J. Hessner and Brian R. Curtis -- Personalized medicine / Karen McCullough -- Pt. VII. Applications of molecular diagnostics for human cancers. Molecular pathogenesis of human cancer / William B. Coleman and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Application of molecular diagnostics to hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer / Ian M. Frayling ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetic applications to the diagnosis of lymphoma / William N. Rezuke, Jr. and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Molecular genetic abnormalities in acute and chronic leukemias / Pei Lin and L. Jeffrey Medeiros -- Pt. VIII. Applications of molecular diagnostics for infectious diseases. Molecular testing for Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae / Alexandra Valsamakis -- Human Papillomavirus / Theresa M. Voytek and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Molecular diagnosis for HIV-1 / Angela M. Caliendo and Charles E. Hill -- Hepatitis C / D. Robert Dufour -- Cytomegalovirus / Angela M. Caliendo and Nell S. Lurain -- Pt. IX. Applications of molecular diagnostics for identity-based testing. HLA typing using molecular methods / John L. Schmitz -- Molecular analysis for forensic casework and parentage testing / Tracey Dawson Cruz -- Molecular assessment of bone marrow transplant engraftment / Jessica K. Booker -- Use of DNA-based identity testing for specimen identification / Andrew Ricci Jr. and Gregory J. Tsongalis -- Pt. X. Issues for the clinical molecular pathology laboratory. Genetic counseling considerations in molecular diagnosis / Myra I. Roche -- Ethical, social, and legal issues related to molecular genetic testing / Jennifer L. Herbst and Jon F. Merz.
- 2014 Future Mededitors, Hannu Koistinen, Ulf-Håkan Stenman.Novel approaches in immunoassays / Hannu Koistinen & Ulf-Håkan Stenman -- General principles of immunoassays / Annette C. Moser & Taylor L. Carlson -- Surface plasmon resonance-based immunoassays / Darragh Lemass, Stephen Hearty & Richard O'Kennedy -- Immunopeptidometric assays / Hannu Koistinen & Ulf-Håkan Stenman -- Bead-based immunoassays / Fimme Jan van der Wal, Jan H.W. Bergervoet, René P. Achterberg & Willem Haasnoot -- Automation of immunoassays through centrifugal lab-on-adisc platforms / Robert Burger, Maria Kitsara, Jennifer Gaughran, Charles Nwankire & Jens Ducrée -- Index.
- 2013 ClinicalKey[edited by] Carl A. Burtis, Edward R. Ashwood, David E. Bruns."As the definitive reference for clinical chemistry, Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 5th Edition offers the most current and authoritative guidance on selecting, performing, and evaluating results of new and established laboratory tests. Up-to-date encyclopedic coverage details everything you need to know, including: analytical criteria for the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures; new approaches for establishing reference ranges; variables that affect tests and results; the impact of modern analytical tools on lab management and costs; and applications of statistical methods. In addition to updated content throughout, this two-color edition also features a new chapter on hemostasis and the latest advances in molecular diagnostics."--Publisher's website.
- 2006[edited by] Carl A. Burtis, Edward R. Ashwood, David E. Bruns.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed Plus is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.