Books by Subject
- Advanced organic chemistry. 5th ed. pt. A-B, 2007., Springerpt. B, 2007 Springerpt. A. Structure and mechanisms -- pt. B. Reactions and synthesis.
- Assigning structures to ions in mass spectrometry 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Available chemicals directory (ACD) Fulltext, Users must register
- Basic sciences in ophthalmology physics and chemistry 2013, SpringerWhat Is Light? -- The Interaction Between Light and Matter -- Light Sources -- Examinations with Light -- Ultrasound Diagnostics -- Further Imaging Procedures -- Interventions with Laser Light -- Some History of Chemistry -- Oxygen -- Water -- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) -- Nitric Oxide -- Redox Reactions -- DNA -- RNA -- Proteins -- Lipids -- Matter: Using Water as an Example -- If You Are Interested in More ... -- Appendix: Units and Constants.
- "... provides an established, recognized, authoritative and comprehensive source on medicinal chemistry and drug discovery and development. This flagship reference for medicinal chemists and pharmaceutical professions has been thoroughly updated and expanded across 8 volumes to incorporate the entire process of drug development (preclinical testing, clinical trials, etc.) alongside the traditional strengths in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery"--Provided by publisher.
- Ceramic membranes for separation and reaction 2007, WileyChapter 1 Ceramic Membranes and Membrane Processes, p. 1-20 -- Chapter 2. Preparation of Ceramic Membranes, p. 21-57 -- Chapter 3. Characterization of Ceramic Membranes, p. 59-95 -- Chapter 4. Transport and Separation of Gases in Porous Ceramic Membranes, p. 97-134 -- Chapter 5. Ceramic Hollow Fibre Membrane Contactors for Treatment of Gases/Vapours, p. 135-168 -- Chapter 6 Mixed Conducting Ceramic Membranes for Oxygen Separation, p. 169-215 -- Chapter 7. Mixed Conducting Ceramic Membranes for Hydrogen Permeation, p. 217-243 -- Chapter 8. Ceramic Membrane Reactors, p. 245-298.
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry in China opportunities and threats for foreign companies 2005, Springer
- Chemical components of tobacco and tobacco smoke. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASECh. 1. Hydrocarbons -- ch. 2. Alcohols and phytosterols -- ch. 3. Aldehydes and ketones -- ch. 4. Carboxylic acids -- ch. 5. Esters -- ch. 6. Lactones -- ch. 7. Anhydrides -- ch. 8. Carbohydrates and their derivatives -- ch. 9. Phenols and quinones -- ch. 10. Ethers -- ch. 11. Nitriles -- ch. 12. Acyclic amines -- ch. 13. Amides -- ch. 14. Imides -- ch. 15. N-nitrosamines -- ch. 16. Nitroalkanes, nitroarenes, and nitrophenols -- ch. 17. Nitrogen heterocyclic components -- ch. 18. Miscellaneous components -- ch. 19. Fixed and variable gases -- ch. 20. Metallic and nonmetallic elements, isotopes, ions, and salts -- ch. 21. Pesticides and growth regulators -- ch. 22. Genes, nucleotides, and enzymes -- ch. 23. Hoffmann analytes -- ch. 24. Tobacco and/or tobacco smoke components used as tobacco ingredients -- ch. 25. Pyrolysis -- ch. 26. Carcinogens, tumorigens, and mutagens vs. anticarcinogens, inhibitors, and antimutagens -- ch. 27. Free radicals -- ch. 28. Summary.
- Chemical ecology and phytochemistry of forest ecosystems. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Chemical ecology from gene to ecosystem 2006, Springer
- Chemical warfare agents chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, and therapeutics. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEBrief history and use of chemical warfare agents in warfare and terrorism / Harry Salem, Andrew L. Ternay, Jr., and Jeffery K. Smart -- The chemistry of chemical warfare agents / Peter Kikilo, Vitaly Fedorenko, and Andrew L. Ternay, Jr. -- Chemical warfare agent threat to drinking water / Harry Salem ... [et al.] -- Health effects of low-level exposure to nerve agents / John H. McDonough and James A. Romano, Jr. -- Toxicokinetics of nerve agents / Marcel J. van der Schans, Hendrik P. Benschop, and Christopher E. Whalley -- Application of genomic, proteomic, and metabolomic technologies to the development of countermeasures against chemical warfare agents / Jennifer Sekowski and James Dillman -- Novel approaches to medical protection against chemical warfare nerve agents / Ashima Saxena ... [et al.] -- Nerve agent bioscavengers : progress in development of a new mode of protection against organophosphorus exposure / David E. Lenz ... [et al.] -- Butyrylcholinesterase and its synthetic C-terminal peptide confer in-vitro suppression of amyloid fibrils formation / Erez Podoly ... [et al.] -- A novel medical countermeasure for organophosphorus intoxication : connection to Alzheimer's disease and dementia / Edna F. R. Pereira ... [et al.] -- Inhalation toxicology of nerve agents / Paul A. Dabisch ...[et al.] -- Vesicants and oxidative stress / Milton G. Smith ...[et al.] -- Health effects of exposure to vesicant agents / Charles G. Hurst and William J. Smith -- Cyanides : toxicology, clinical presentation, and medical management / Bryan Ballantyne and Harry Salem -- Chemicals used for riot control and personal protection / Harry Salem, Bryan Ballantyne, and Sydney Katz -- Mechanism of action of botulinum neurotoxin and overview of medical countermeasure development for intoxication / Michael Adler ... [et al.] -- Ricin and related toxins : review and perspective / Charles B. Millard and Ross D. LeClaire -- Screening smokes : applications, toxicology, clinical considerations and medical management / Bryan Ballantyne and Harry Salem -- Clinical detection of exposure to chemical warfare agents / Benedict R. Capacio ... [et al.] -- Personal protective equipment (ppe) : practical and theoretical considerations / Michael R. Jones -- Chemical warfare agent decontamination from skin / Brian J. Lukey ... [et al.] -- Chemical warfare, chemical terrorism, and traumatic stress responses : an assessment of psychological impact / James A. Romano, Jr. ... [et al.] -- Emergency response to a chemical warfare agent incident : domestic preparedness, first response, and public health considerations / David H. Moore and Barbara Saunders-Price -- Emergency medical response to a chemical terrorist attack / Stephen A. Pulley and Michael R. Jones.
- Chemically speaking a dictionary of quotations 2002, CRCnetBASEAbstraction -- Accident -- Accuracy -- Acid -- Adsorption -- Aesthetic -- Affinity -- Age -- Air -- Alchemy -- Ambition -- Analogy -- Analysis -- Analyst -- Answer -- Apparatus -- Approximate -- Atom -- Atomic weight -- Authority -- Average -- Balance -- Beauty -- Biochemistry -- Book -- Bubble -- Calculation -- Candle -- Cause and effect -- Central limit theorem -- Chance -- Chaos -- Chemical -- Chemical affinities -- Chemical engineer -- Chemical limericks -- Chemical mnemonics -- Chemist -- Chemistry -- Chemistry and life -- Chemistry and medicine -- Chemistry songs -- Classroom emanations -- Commandments -- Common sense -- Communication -- Compound -- Concept -- Confusion -- Cosmochemistry -- Creativity -- Criticism -- Crystal -- Crystallography -- Curiosity -- Data -- Definition -- Demonstration -- Difference -- Discovery -- Disorder -- Distill -- Electron -- Element -- Energy -- Energy state -- Enzyme -- Error -- Ethics -- Experience -- Experiment -- Experimenter -- Explain -- Fact -- Faith -- Fermentation -- Filter -- Fire -- Fluorochemistry -- Force -- Forecast -- Formula -- Fractal -- Gas -- Generality -- Genius -- Geochemistry -- Glassware -- God -- Graph -- Guess -- Heat -- History -- Hypothesis -- Idea -- Ignorance -- Imagination -- Impossible -- Improbable -- Independence -- Inference -- Information -- Inorganic -- Instrument -- Ion -- Knowledge -- Laboratory -- Language -- Law -- Learn -- Life -- Literature -- Little Willie -- Magic -- Mathematics -- Matter -- Measurement -- Mechanics -- Metal -- Metaphor -- Metaphysics -- Method -- Microscope -- Model -- Molecule -- Motion -- Mystery -- Naivete -- Name -- Nature -- Nomenclature -- Notation -- Null hypothesis -- Numbers -- Observation -- Occam's razor -- Opinion -- Order -- Organic -- Outlier -- Paradox -- Periodic law -- Philosophy -- Physical science -- Plagerism -- Pollution -- Postulate -- Prayer -- Precision -- Prediction -- Probability -- Problem -- Progress -- Proposition -- Publication -- Purity -- Purpose -- Question -- Radical -- Random -- Reaction -- Reason -- Research -- Results -- Rust -- Salt -- Science -- Scientific -- Scientist -- Silver trees -- Simplicity -- Solid -- Soluble -- Solution -- Speculation -- Statistical -- Statistician -- Statistics -- Symbol -- Symmetry -- Synthesis -- Teaching -- Terminology -- Theorist -- Theory -- Thermodynamics -- Thought -- Trial and error -- Truth -- Uncertainty -- Understand -- Unexpected -- Unknown -- Vacuum -- Vision -- Volume -- Water -- Wisdom -- Word -- Work -- Writing -- X-rays.
- "Natural products play crucial roles in modern drug development and constitute a prolific source of novel lead compounds or pharmacophores for ongoing drug discovery programs. Chemistry and Pharmacology of Naturally Occurring Bioactive Compounds presents cutting-edge research in the chemistry of bioactive natural products and demonstrates how natural product research continues to make significant contributions in the discovery and development of new medicinal entities."--Page  of cover.
- Chemistry of peptide synthesis 2006, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Fundamentals of Peptide Synthesis -- Chapter 2. Methods for the Formation of Peptide Bonds -- Chapter 3. Protectors and Methods of Deprotection -- Chapter 4. Chirality in Peptide Synthesis -- Chapter 5. Solid-Phase Synthesis -- Chapter 6. Reactivity, Protection and Side Reactions -- Chapter 7. Ventilation of Activated Forms and Coupling Methods -- Chapter 8. Miscellaneous.
- Chemoinformatics theory, practice, & products 2007, Springer
- Chromatic monitoring of complex conditions 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Coagulation and flocculation.. 2nd ed. / 2005, CRCnetBASE
- CRC Handbook of spectroscopic correlation charts 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Current topics in elastomers research 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Dictionary of carbohydrates .... 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Dosimetry systems for use in radiation processing 2008, HighWire
- Emulsions and emulsion stability. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Encyclopedia of chromatography. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Ewing's Analytical instrumentation handbook.. 3rd ed. / 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Part I. The Basics -- Working with Excel -- Creating charts: an introduction -- Part II. Advanced spreadsheet topics -- Creating advanced worksheet formulas -- Creating array formulas -- Advanced charting techniques -- Using Excel's database features -- Importing data into Excel -- Adding controls to a spreadsheet -- Part III. Spreadsheet mathematics -- Some mathematical tools for spreadsheet calculations -- Graphical and numerical methods of analysis -- Linear regression -- Non-linear regression using te solver -- Part IV. Excel visual basic macros -- Visual basic for applications: an introduction -- Programming with VBA -- Creating command macros -- Creating custom functions -- Creating custom menus and menu bars -- Creating custom toolbuttons and toolbars -- Part V. Some applications -- Analysis of solution equilibria -- Analysis of spectrophotometric data -- Calculation of binding constants -- Analysis of kinetics data -- Part VI. Appendices ...
- Flavonoids chemistry, biochemistry, and applications 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Food colorants chemical and functional properties 2007, CRCnetBASE
- ch. 1. The Building Blocks of Our World, p. 1-30 -- ch. 2. Small Organic Molecules, p. 31-55 -- ch. 3. Introduction to the Science of Giant Molecules, p. 57-93 -- ch. 4. Relationships Between the Properties and Structure of Giant Molecules, p. 95-112 -- ch. 5. Physical and Chemical Testing of Polymers, p. 113-132 -- ch. 6. Thermoplastics, p. 133-181 -- ch. 7. Engineering Plastics, p. 183-208 -- ch. 8. Thermosets, p. 209-227 -- ch. 9. Fibers, p. 229-250 -- ch. 10. Rubbers (Elastomers, p. 251-274 -- ch. 11. Paints, Coatings, Sealants, and Adhesives, p. 275-291 -- ch. 12. Composites, p. 293-305 -- ch. 13. Nature's Giant Molecules: The Plant Kingdom, p. 307-327 -- ch. 14. Nature's Giant Molecules: The Animal Kingdom, p. 329-363 -- ch. 15. Derivatives of Natural Polymers, p. 365-378 -- ch. 16. Inorganic Polymers, p. 379-403 -- ch. 17. Specialty Polymers, p. 405-423 -- ch. 18. Additives and Starting Materials, p. 425-444 -- ch. 19. The Future of Giant Molecules, p. 445-453 -- Appendix 1. Studying Giant Molecules, p. 455-457 --. Appendix 2. Electronic Web Sites, p. 459-461.
- Glycochemistry principles, synthesis, and applications 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of acid-base indicators 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of affinity chromatography. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of aqueous solubility data 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of biotransformations of aromatic compounds 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of capillary and microchip electrophoresis and associated microtechniques. 3rd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of catalyst preparation 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of chemical and biological warfare agents. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of chemoinformatics algorithms 2010, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Representing Two-Dimensional (2D) Chemical Structures with Molecular Graphs / Ovidiu Ivanciuc -- Chapter 2. Algorithms to Store and Retrieve Two-Dimensional (2D) Chemical Structures / Milind Misra, Jean-Loup Faulon -- Chapter 3. Three-Dimensional (3D) Molecular Representations / Egon L. Willighagen -- Chapter 4. Molecular Descriptors / Nikolas Fechner, Georg Hinselmann, Jor̈g Kurt Wegner -- Chapter 5. Ligand- and Structure-Based Virtual Screening / Robert D. Clark, Diana C. Roe -- Chapter 6. Predictive Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships Modeling: Data Preparation and the General Modeling Workflow / Alexander Tropsha, Alexander Golbraikh -- Chapter 7. Predictive Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships Modeling: Development and Validation of QSAR Models / Alexander Tropsha, Alexander Golbraikh -- Chapter 8. Structure Enumeration and Sampling / Markus Meringer -- Chapter 9. Computer-Aided Molecular Design / Donald P. "Visco, Jr." -- Chapter 10. Computer-Aided Molecular Design / Diana C. Roe -- Chapter 11. Reaction Network Generation / Jean-Loup Faulon, Pablo Carbonell -- Chapter 12. Open Source Chemoinformatics Software and Database Technologies / Rajarshi Guha -- Chapter 13. Sequence Alignment Algorithms / Tatsuya Akutsu -- Chapter 14. Machine Learning-Based Bioinformatics Algorithms / Shawn Martin -- Chapter 15. Using Systems Biology Techniques to Determine Metabolic Fluxes and Metabolite Pool Sizes / Fangping Mu, Amy L. Bauer, James R. Faeder, William S. Hlavacek.
- Handbook of detection of enzymes on electrophoretic gels. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of near-infrared analysis. 3rd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of photochemistry.. 3rd ed. / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of specialty elastomers 2008, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Polychloroprene Rubber (CR) / by Rudiger Musch & Hans Magg -- Chapter 2. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) / by Robert Klingender -- Chapter 3. Hydrogenated Nitrile Rubber (HNBR) / by Dr. Robert Keller -- Chapter 4. Fluoroelastomers, FKM, and FEPM / by Pascal Ferrandez -- Chapter 5. Polyacrylate Elastomers Properties and Applications / by Robert Klingender -- Chapter 6. Ethylene Acrylic (AEM) Elastomer Formulation Design / by Lawrence C. Muschiatti, Yun-Tai Yu, Edward McBride and Klaus Kammerer -- Chapter 7. Polyepichlorohydrin Elastomer / by Robert Klingender -- Chapter 8. Compounding with Chlorinated Polyethylene / by Ray Laakso -- Chapter 9. Chlorosulfonated Polyethylene (CSM) and Aklylated Chlorosulfonated Polyethylene (ACSM) / by Robert Klingender -- Chapter 10. Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Elastomer (EVM) (ASTM designation AEM) / by Drs. H. Meisenheimer & A. Zens -- Chapter 11. Polysulfide Elastomers / by Stephen K. Flanders & Robert Klingender - Submitted -- Chapter 12. Plasticizers, Process Oils, Vulcanized Vegetable Oils / by Peter Rand -- Chapter 13. Vulcanization Agents for Specialty Elastomers / by Robert Ohm -- Chapter 14. Antioxidants for Specialty Elastomers by Russell Mazzeo -- Chapter 15. Processing Aids for Specialty Elastomers / by Jerry M. Sherritt -- Chapter 16. Considerations in the design of a rubber formulation / by Robert Klingender -- 16A. Oil Field elastomeric Products / by Robert C. Klingender -- 16B. Life Prediction / by John Vicic -- 16C. Compression, Transfer, and Injections Molding of Specialty Elastomers / by Robert W. Keller.
- Handbook of spectroscopy 2003, Wileyv. 1. -- Part I. Sample preparation and sample pretreatment -- ch. 1. Collection and preparation of gaseous samples / Douglas A. Lane -- ch. 2. Sample collection and preparation of liquid and solids / Brian M. Cullum, Tuan Vo-Dinh -- Part II. Methods 1: Optical spectroscopy -- ch. 3. Basics of optical spectroscopy / Martin Hof -- ch. 4. Instrumentation / Valdas Sablinskas -- ch. 5. Measurement techniques / Gerald Steiner -- ch. 6. Applications / Valdas Sablinskas, Gerald Steiner, Martin Hof -- Part III. Methods 2: Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy -- ch. 7. An Introduction to solution, solid-state, and imaging NMR spectroscopy / Leslie G. Butler -- ch. 8. Solution NMR spectroscopy / Gary E. Martin, Chad E. Hadden, David J. Russell -- ch. 9. Solid-state NMR / Steven P. Brown, Lyndon Emsley -- Part IV. Methods 3: Mass spectrometry -- ch. 10. Mass spectrometry / Michael Przybylski, Wolfgang Weinmann, Thilo A. Fligge -- Part V. Methods 4: Elemental analysis -- ch. 11. X-ray fluorescence analysis / K. Janssens -- ch. 12. Atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS) and atomic emission spectrometry (AES) / Erwin Rosenberg, Ulrich Panne -- Part VI. Methods 5: Surface analysis techniques -- ch. 13. Surface analysis techniques / A. Macková, S.A. Morton, C.G.H. Walker, K. Volka -- v. 2. -- Part VII. Applications 1: Bioanalysis -- ch. 14. Bioanalysis / Willem M. Albers, Arto Annila, Nicholas J. Goddard, Gabor Patonay, Erkki Soini -- Part VIII. Applications 2: Environmental analysis -- ch. 15. LC-MS in environmental analysis / H.Fr. Schröder -- ch. 16. Gas chromatography/ion trap mass spectrometry (GC/ITMS) for environmental analysis / Michel Sablier, Toshihiro Fujii -- Part IX. Application 3: Process control -- ch. 17. Optical spectroscopy / John Green -- ch. 18. NMR / Loring A. Weisenberger -- ch. 19. Process mass spectrometry / Christian Hassell -- ch. 20. Elemental analysis / J.S. Crighton -- Part X. Hyphenated techniques -- ch. 21. Hyphenated techniques for chromatographic detection / John C. Fetzer -- Part XI. General data treatment: data bases/spectral libraries -- ch. 22. Optical spectroscopy / Steffen Thiele, Reiner Salzer -- ch. 23. Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy / Wolfgang Robien -- ch. 24. Mass spectrometry / Antony N. Davies.
- Handbook of thin-layer chromatography. 3rd ed., rev. and expanded. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of water analysis. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Handbook of zeolite science and technology 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Hawley's Condensed chemical dictionary. 14th ed. 2002, KnovelAbbreviations -- Condensed chemical dictionary -- Appendix I: Origin of some chemical terms -- Appendix II: Highlights in the history of chemistry -- Appendix III: Manufacturers of trademarked products (alphabetical list).
- High-throughput analysis in the pharmaceutical industry 2009, CRCnetBASEHigh throughput sample preparation techniques and their application to bioanalytical protocols and purification of combinatorial libraries / Krishna Kallury -- High-throughput quantitative bioanalysis / Katty X. Wan -- Optimizing LCMS equipment to increase throughput in pharmaceutical analysis / Michael G. Frank and Douglas E. Mcintyre -- Throughput improvement of bioanalytical LC-MS/MS by sharing of detector between HPLC systems / Min Shuan Chang and Tawakol El-Shourbagy -- High throughput strategies for metabolite identification in drug discovery / Patrick J. Rudewicz, Qin Yue, and Young Shin -- Utilizing micro parallel liquid chromatography for high-throughput analyses in the pharmaceutical industry / Sergio A. Guazzotti -- Strategies and techniques for higher throughput ADME/PK assays / Walter Korfmacher -- High-throughput analysis in drug metabolism during early drug discovery / Yau Yi Lau -- High-throughput analysis in the support of process chemistry and formulation research & development in the pharmaceutical industry / Zhong Li -- On-line SPE LC/MS/MS for high throughput bioanalytical analysis / Dong Wei and Liyu Yang -- Applications of high-throughput analysis in therapeutic drug monitoring / Quanyun A. Xu and Timothy L. Madden -- High-throughput quantitative pharmaceutical analysis in drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) using liquid crhomatrography-mass spectrometry / Xiaohui Xu -- Designing high throughput HPLC assays for small and biological molecules / Roger K. Gilpin and Wanlong Zhou -- The advances in capillary and nano-HPLC technology for drug discovery and development / Frank J. Yang and Richard Yu -- High-throughput analysis of complex protein mixtures by mass spectrometry / Kojo S.J. Elenitoba-Johnson.
- Identification and quantification of drugs, metabolites and metabolizing enzymes by LC-MS. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Inorganic materials chemistry desk reference.. 2nd ed. / 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Inorganic scintillators for detector systems physical principles and crystal engineering 2006, Springer
- Integrative phytochemistry from ethnobotany to molecular ecology 2003, ScienceDirectThe enzymatic basis of flavonoid biodiversity / Ragai K. Ibrahim and Dominique Anzellotti -- Structural, functional and evolutionary basis for methylation of plant small molecules / Joseph P. Noel ... [et al.] -- Regulation of anthocyanin pigmentation / Niloufer G. Irani, J. Marcela Hernandez and Erich Grotewold -- Localization of plant myrosinases and glucosinolates / Erik Andreasson and Lise Bolt Jorgensen -- Glucosinolate hydrolysis and its impact on generalist and specialist insect herbivores / Ute Wittstock ... [et al.] -- A novel myrosinase-glucosinolate defense system in cruciferous specialist aphids / John T. Rossiter, Alexnadra M. Jones and Atle M. Bones -- Multiple levels of control in the regulation of alkaloid biosynthesis / Peter J. Facchini ... [et al.] -- Biochemistry and molecular biology of indole alkaloid biosynthesis : the implication of recent discoveries / Vincenzo de Luca -- Chemical ecology of alkaloids exemplified with the pyrrolizidines / Dietrich Ober -- The chemical wizardry of isoprenoid metabolism in plants / Bryan T. Greenhagen ... [et al.] -- The sabath family of MTS in Arabidopsis Thaliana and other plant species / John C. D'Auria, Feng Chen, Eran Pichersky -- Xochipilli updated, terpenes from Mexican plants / Edmundo Lozoya-Gloria.
- Isotope effects in chemistry and biology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of chemical technology 2005-, WileyIncludes risk management, enterprise resource planning, outsourcing, combinatorial synthesis and technology, functional foods, process automation, electronic chemicals, specialty silicones, mergers and acquisitions, nanoparticles, bioinformatics, ISO 14000, micron-scale chemical analysis, medical applications of biodegradable materials, product development, strategies, drug discovery strategies, chemistry of aging, single-site catalysis, custom manufacturing, and global chemical market analysis.
- Lipid handbook .... 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Liquid chromatography--mass spectrometry.. 3rd ed. / 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Mass spectrometry basics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- MCR 2009 proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Multi-Component Reactions and Related Chemistry, Ekaterinburg, Russia 2011, SpringerCatalysis and multi-component reactions -- Multi-component reactions in heterocyclic chemistry -- Multi-component reactions in drug discovery -- Novel reagents for multi-component reactions -- Design of multi-component reactions -- Multi-component reactions in supramolecular chemistry and material science.
- Merck index an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals. 14th ed. 2006, CambridgeSoft
- Micellar catalysis 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Modern aspects of rare earths and their complexes 2003, ScienceDirectPreface -- . Introduction -- 2. General aspects -- 3. Stability of complexes -- 4. Lanthanide and macrocyclic complexes -- 5. Structural chemistry of lanthanide complexes -- 6. Organometallic complexes -- 7. Kinetics and mechanisms of rare earth complexation -- 8. Spectroscopy of lanthanide complexes -- 9. Photoelectron spectroscopy of rare earths -- 10. Lanthanide NMR shift reagents -- 11. Environmental, ecological, biological aspects -- 12. Applications -- Subject index.
- Modern methods for lipid analysis by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry and related techniques 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Modern protein chemistry practical aspects 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Modulated temperature differential scanning calorimetry theoretical and practical applications in polymer characterisation 2006, Springer
- ch. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Absorption of UV-visible light -- ch. 3. Characteristics of fluorescence emission -- ch. 4. Effects of intermolecular photophysical processes on fluorescence emission -- ch. 5. Fluorescence polarization. Emission anisotropy -- ch. 6. Principles of steady-state and time-resolved fluorometric techniques -- ch. 7. Effect of polarity on fluorescence emission. Polarity probes -- ch. 8. Microviscosity, fluidity, molecular mobility. Estimation by means of fluorescent probes -- ch. 9. Resonance energy transfer and its applications -- ch. 10. Fluorescent molecular sensors of ions and molecules -- ch. 11. Advanced techniques in fluorescence spectroscopy.
- ch. 1. Introduction, p. 1-8 -- ch. 2. Fundamentals of Molecular Imprinting, p. 9-19 -- ch. 3. Experimental Methods (1 - Procedures of Molecular Imprinting, p. 21-45 -- ch. 4. Experimental Methods (2 - Evaluation of Imprinting Efficiency, p. 47-52 -- ch. 5. Spectroscopic Anatomy of Molecular Imprinting Reactions, p. 53-64 -- ch. 6. Flow Chart of a Typical Molecular Imprinting, p. 65-73 -- ch. 7. Applications of Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, p. 75-118 -- ch. 8. Recent Challenges and Progress, p. 119-139 -- ch. 9. Conclusions and Prospects, p. 141.
- Molecular switches 2001, Wileych. 1. Approaches to a molecular switch using photoinduced electron and energy transfer -- ch. 2. Photoswitchable molcular systems based on diarylethenes -- ch. 3. Optoelectronic molecular switches based on dihydroazulene-Vinylheptafulvene (DHA0VHF) -- ch. 4. Molecular switches with photochromic fulgides -- ch. 5. Chiroptical molecular switches -- ch. 6. Photochemical biomolecular switches: the route to optobioelectronics -- ch. 7. Switchable catenanes and molecular shuttles -- ch. 8. Metallo-rotaxanes and catenanes as redox switches : towards molecular machines and motors -- ch. 9. Switchable molecular receptors and recognition processes : from photoresponsive crown ethers to allosteric sugar sensing systems -- ch. 10. Multistate/multifunctional molecular-level systems : photochromic flavylium compounds -- ch. 11. Molecular logic systems -- ch. 12. Liquid crystal photonics : opto-photochemical effects in photoresponsive liquid crystals -- ch. 13. Photoswitchable polypeptides.
- Nanoscale materials in chemistry 2001, Wileych. 1. Introduction to the nanoworld / Kenneth J. Klabunde -- ch. 2. Metals / Gunter Schmid -- ch. 3. Semiconductor nanocrystals / M.P. Pileni -- ch. 4. Ceramics / Abbas Khaleel and Ryan M. Richards -- ch. 5. Metal nanoparticles : double layers, optical properties, and electrochemistry / Paul Mulvaney -- ch. 6. Magnetism / C.M. Sorensen -- ch. 7. Chemical and catalytic aspects of nanocrystals / Kenneth J. Klabunde and Ravichandra S. Mulukutla -- ch. 8. Specific heats and melting points of nanocrystalline materials / Olga Koper and Slawomir Winecki -- ch. 9. Applications of nanocrystals / John Parker.
- Nitric oxide. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Organic photochemistry and photophysics 2006, CRCnetBASEPhotochemistry and photophysics of highly excited valence states of polyatomic molecules: nonalternant aromatics, thioketones, and metalloporphyrins / G. Burdzinski ... [et al.] -- Proton transfer reactions in the excited states / Haruo Shizuka and Seiji Tobita -- Photoreactivity of n,[pi]*-excited azoalkanes and ketones / Werner M. Nau and Uwe Pischel -- Photonucleophilic substitution reactions / Maurizio Fagnoni and Angelo Albini -- Mechanistic and synthetic aspects of SET-promoted photocyclization reactions of silicon substituted phthalimides / Ung Chan Yoon and Patrick S. Mariano -- Photoanimation with ammonia and amines / Masahide Yasuda ... [et al.] -- DNA-templated assembly of helical multichromophore aggregates / Bruce A. Armitage.
- Phenolic compound biochemistry 2006, Springer
- Phytochemicals in nutrition and health 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Piezoelectric sensors 2006, Springer
- Plasma for bio-decontamination, medicine and food security 2012, Springer
- The polycarbonate products, adhesives, and composite resins used in dentistry may have the potential to release bisphenol-A (BPA). BPA is known to exert effects at very low doses and presents a risk to reproductive, neurological, behavioural, and metabolic development, however, the actual effects induced by dental materials have not been sufficiently covered and critically analyzed. Nevertheless, many practicing dentists will be confused by the occasionally contradictory and often misinterpreted evidence in the literature. This book therefore represents a timely and comprehensive review of our current knowledge of BPA release from dental polymers and the potential presence of endocrinological consequences. After a review of the history and evolution of the issue within the broader biomedical context, the estrogenicity of BPA is explained. The basic chemistry of the polymers used in dentistry is then presented in a simplified and clinically relevant manner. Key chapters in the book carefully evaluate the release of BPA from dental polymets and the estrogenicity of these materials. Currently available evidence on the potential estrogenic action of dental composites, sealants, and adhesives is presented, and the exaggerated conclusions of various methodological protocols are assessed. The entire dental community will find this book to be an invaluable aid to safe practice.
- Polyelectrolytes and nanoparticles 2007, Springer
- Practical guide to interpretive near-infrared spectroscopy 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to near-infrared spectra -- Alkanes and cycloalkanes -- Alkenes and alkynes -- Aromatic compounds -- Hydroxyl containing compounds -- Water -- Carbonyls -- Amines and amides -- P-H and S-H -- Carbohydrates -- Amino acids, peptides, and proteins -- Synthetic polymers and rubbers -- History of near-infrared (NIR) applications.
- Preparative layer chromatography 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Quantitative chromatographic analysis 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Regulation of phytochemicals by molecular techniques. 1st ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Resorcinol chemistry, technology, and applications 2005, Springer
- Resveratrol in health and disease 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Safe use of chemicals a practical guide 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Scanning electrochemical microscopy 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Separation methods in drug synthesis and purification 2000, ScienceDirect
- Signal processing for magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy 2002, CRCnetBASEPart I. Image Reconstruction and Restoration -- 1. Introduction to Image Reconstruction / Zhi-Pei Liang, Jim Ji, and E. Mark Haacke -- 2. Wavelet-Based Multiresolution Local Tomography / E. Rashid-Farrokhi and K.J.R. Liu -- 3. The Point Spread Function of Convolution Regridding Reconstruction / Gordon E. Sarty -- 4. Mapping Motion and Strain with MRI / Yudong Zhu -- 5. Rotational Motion Artifact Correction Based on Fuzzy Projection onto Convex Sets / Chaminda Weerasinghe, Lilian Ji, and Hong Yan -- 6. Tagged MR Cardiac Imaging / Nikolaos V Tsekos and Amir A. Amini -- 7. Functional MR Image Visualization and Signal Processing Methods / Alex R. Wade, Brian A. Wandell, and Thomas P. Burg --Part II. Image Segmentation and Analysis -- 8. Multiscale Segmentation of Volumetric MR Brain Images / Wiro J. Niessen, Koen L. Vincken, Joachim Weickert, and Max A. Viergever -- 9. A Precise Segmentation of the Cerebral Cortex from 3-D MRI Using a Cellular Model and Homotopic Deformations / Yann Cointepas, Isabelle Bloch, and Line Garnero -- 10. Feature Space Analysis of MRI / Hamid Soltanian-Zadeh -- 11. Geometric Approaches for Segmentation and Signal Detection in Functional MRI Analysis / Guillermo Sapiro -- 12. MR Image Segmentation and Analysis Based on Neural Networks / Javad Alirezaie and M.E. Jernigan -- 13. Stochastic Model Based Image Analysis / Yue Wang and Tiilay Adal -- 14. Functional MR Image Analysis -- Shang-Hong Lai and Ming Fang -- 15. Tagged MR Image Analysis / Amir A. Amini and Yasheng Chen -- Part III. Spectroscopic Signal Processing -- 16. Time-Domain Spectroscopic Quantitation / Leentje Vanhamme, Sabine Van Huffel, and Paul Van Hecke -- 17. Multidimensional NMR Spectroscopic Signal Processing / Guang Zhu and Yingbo Hua -- 18. Advanced Methods in Spectroscopic Imaging / Keith A. Wear -- 19. Characterization of Brain Tissue from MR Spectra for Tumor Discrimination / Paulo J.G. Lisboa, Wael El-Deredy, Y.Y. Barbara Lee, Yangxin Huang, Angelica R. Corona Herandez, Peter Harris, and Carles Aris -- 20. Wavelet Packets Algorithm for Metabolite Quantification in Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Chemical Shift Imaging / Luca T Mainardi, Sergio Cerutti, Daniela Origgi, and Giuseppe Scotti -- 21. Cramér-Rao Bound Analysis of Spectroscopic Signal Processing Methods / Sophie Cavassila, Dirk van Ormondt, and Danielle Graveron-Demilly.
- ch. 1. Single Molecule Detection in Liquids and on Surfaces under Ambient Conditions: Introduction and Historical Overview / Jörg Enderlein, Richard A. Keller and Christoph Zander, p. 1-19 -- ch. 2. Theoretical Foundations of Single Molecule Detection in Solution / Jörg Enderlein and Christoph Zander, p. 21-67 -- ch. 3. Conceptual Basis of Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy and Related Techniques as Tools in Bioscience / Jerker Widengren and Ülo Mets, p. 69-120 -- ch. 4. Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS - A Tool for Single Molecule Detection in Solution / Katrin Kneipp, Harald Kneipp, Irving Itzkan, Ramachandra R. Dasari and Michael S. Feld, p. 121-144 -- ch. 5. Single Molecule Detection on Surfaces with the Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope / Martin Böhmer and Jörg Enderlein, p. 145-183 -- ch. 6. Spectroscopy of Individual Photosynthetic Pigment-Protein Complexes / J. Wrachtrup, T.J. Aartsma, J. Köhler, M. Ketelaars, A. M. van Oijen, M. Matsushita, J. Schmidt, C. Tietz and F. Jelezko, p. 185-229 -- ch. 7. Single Dye Tracing for Ultrasensitive Microscopy on Living Cells / Gerhard J. Schütz and Hansgeorg Schindler, p. 231-245 -- ch. 8. Single Molecule Identification in Solution: Principles and Applications / M. Sauer and C. Zander, p. 247-272 -- ch. 9. Studying Molecular Motors on the Single Molecule Level / Y. Ishii, A. H. Iwane, H. Yokota, Y. Inoue, T. Wazawa, M. Nishiyama, H. Tanaka, K. Kitamura and T. Yanagida, p. 273-292 -- ch. 10. The Chemistry of a Single Enzyme Molecule / Robert Polakowski, Michael Eggertson, Douglas B. Craig and Norman J. Dovichi, p. 293-301 -- ch. 11. Single Molecule Detection of Specific Nucleic Acid Sequences / Alonso Castro, p. 303-321 -- ch. 12. Single Molecule Detection in the Near-Infrared / Steven A. Soper, Musundi Wabuyele, Clyde V. Owens and Robert P. Hammer, p. 323-362.
- Univariate Data -- Bi- and Multivariate Data -- Related Topics -- Complex Examples -- Appendices.
- Stereochemistry workbook 191 problems and solutions 2006, Springer
- Stopping of ions heavier than helium 2005, HighWire
- Surface and nanomolecular catalysis 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Surfaces and interfaces for biomaterials 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.