Books by Subject
Chemistry Techniques, Analytical
- v. 10, 2005. Springeredited by Chris D. Geddes and Joseph R. Lakowicz.pt. A. Small molecule sensing -- pt. B. Macromolecular sensing.
- 2014 SpringerAlisa G. Woods, Costel C. Darie, editors."This volume explores the use of mass spectrometry for biomedical applications. Chapters focus on specific therapeutic areas such as oncology, infectious disease and psychiatry. Additional chapters focus on methodology as well as new technologies and instrumentation. This volume provides readers with a comprehensive and informative manual that will allow them to appreciate mass spectrometry and proteomic research but also to initiate and improve their own work. Thus the book acts as a technical guide but also a conceptual guide to the newest information in this exciting field. Mass spectrometry is the central tool used in proteomic research today and is rapidly becoming indispensable to the biomedical scientist. With the completion of the human genome project and the genomic revolution, the proteomic revolution has followed closely behind. Understanding the human proteome has become critical to basic and clinical biomedical research and holds the promise of providing comprehensive understanding of human physiological processes. In addition, proteomics and mass spectrometry are bringing unprecedented biomarker discovery and are helping to personalize medicine"--Publisher's description.Also available: Print – 2014
- 2012 Springer Protocolsedited by Michail A. Alterman, Peter Hunziker.Rapid LC-MS/MS profiling of protein amino acids and metabolically related compounds for large-scale assessment of metabolic phenotypes -- Combination of an AccQ. Tag-ultra performance liquid chromatographic method with tandem mass spectrometry for the analysis of amino acids -- Isotope dilution liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for quantitative amino acid analysis -- Analysis of underivatized amino acids: Zwitterionic hydrophilic interaction chromatography combined with triple quadrupole tandem mass spectrometry -- Amino acid analysis via LC-MS method after derivatization with quaternary phosphonium -- Amino acid analysis by hydrophilic interaction chromatography coupled with isotope dilution mass spectrometry -- A universal HPLC-MS method to determine the stereochemistry of common and unusual amino acids -- Amino acid analysis by capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry -- New advances in amino acid profiling by capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry -- Optimal conditions for the direct RP-HPLC determination of underivatized amino acids with online multiple detection -- Absolute quantitation of proteins by acid hydrolysis combined with amino acid detection by mass spectrometry -- Amino acid analysis by means of MALDI TOF mass spectrometry or MALDI TOF/TOF tandem mass spectrometry -- Heptafluorobutyl chloroformate-based sample preparation protocol for chiral and nonchiral amino acid analysis by gas chromatography -- The EZ:Faast family of amino acid analysis kits: Application of the GC-FID kit for rapid determination of plasma tryptophan and other amino acids -- Amino acid analysis in physiological samples by GC-MS with propyl chloroformate derivatization and iTRAQ-LC-MS/MS -- Automated analysis of primary amino acids in plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography -- RP-LC of phenylthiocarbamyl amino acid adducts in plasma acetonitrile extracts: Use of multiple internal standards and variable wavelength UV detection -- Quantification of underivatised amino acids on dry blood spot, plasma, and urine by HPLC-ESI-MS/MS -- Capillary electrophoresis of free amino acids in physiological fluids without derivatization employing direct or indirect absorbance detection -- Measurement of 3-nitro-tyrosine in human plasma and urine by gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry -- Analysis of hydroxyproline in collagen hydrolysates -- Innovative and rapid procedure for 4-hydroxyproline determination in meat-based foods -- Multiple reaction monitoring for the accurate quantification of amino acids: Using hydroxyproline to estimate collagen content -- Sequential injection chromatography for fluorimetric determination of intracellular amino acids in marine microalgae -- Direct analysis of underivatized amino acids in plant extracts by LC-MS-MS -- Wheat gluten amino acid analysis by high-performance anion-exchange chromatography with integrated pulsed amperometric detection -- Preparative HPLC separation of underivatized amino acids for isotopic analysis -- Quantification of amino acids in a single cell by microchip electrophoresis with chemiluminescence detection.
- 2012 Wileyedited by Hanns-Christian Mahler, Wim Jiskoot.The critical need for robust assays for quantitation and characterization of aggregates of therapeutic proteins -- Separation based analytical methods for measuring protein aggregation -- Laser light scattering-based techniques used for the characterization of protein therapeutics -- Online detection methods and emerging techniques for soluble aggregates in protein pharmaceuticals -- Analytical methods to measure sub-visible particulates -- Detection of visible particles in parenteral products -- Characterization of aggregates and particles using emerging techniques -- Ultraviolet absorption spectroscopy -- Fluorescence spectroscopy to characterize protein aggregates and particles -- Infrared spectroscopy to characterize protein aggregates -- Raman microscopy for characterization of particles -- Microscopic methods for particle characterization in protein pharmaceuticals -- Comparison of methods for soluble aggregate detection and size characterization -- Protein purification and its relation to protein aggregation and particles -- Formulation development and its relation to protein aggregation and particles.
- 2011 Springerby Rajan Katoch.Advances in biochemistry now allow us to control living systems in ways that were undreamt of a decade ago. This volume guides researchers and students through the full spectrum of experimental protocols used in biochemistry, plant biology and biotechnology.
- 2011Elizabeth Ann Hager-Barnard.Recent successes in the pharmaceutical industry have yielded a variety of new drugs based on proteins and nucleic acids. While these drugs are very promising, they are only effective once they are inside cells. Unfortunately, transporting drugs into cells tends to be challenging because cell membranes provide a protective barrier. However, there is hope for these drugs since researchers have identified many drug delivery agents that can shuttle drugs past this barrier. Cell penetrating peptides (CPPs) are particularly promising delivery agents due to their low toxicity and ability to deliver a wide number of therapeutic agents. However there are challenges to using CPPs, because their delivery mechanisms cannot yet be controlled. Engineering new CPPs that use specific, known translocation mechanisms would be a key achievement that could increase delivery efficiency and prevent unwanted side effects. Accomplishing this goal requires new experimental methods for determining the factors that control a CPP's translocation mechanisms. In this thesis I present new atomic force microscopy (AFM) methods for studying CPPs and other cell membrane active species. I first present a theoretical model that shows how results from AFM can indicate whether CPPs change the energy barrier to bilayer penetration. I then describe new experimental AFM methods we developed for examining CPP transduction mechanisms.
- 2008 Springer Protocolsedited by Robert J. McMahon.Preparation of avidin conjugates / Rosaria P. Haugland and Mahesh K. Bhalgat -- Coupling of antibodies with biotin / Rosaria P. Haugland and Wendy W. You -- Optimization of detection and quantification of proteins on membranes in very high and very low abundance using avidin and strptavidin / Sara R. Zwart and Brandon J. Lewis -- Use of the avidin (Imino) biotin system as a general approach to affinity precipitation / Ruth Freitag and Frank Hilbrig -- Capturing biotinylated proteins and peptides by avidin functional affinity electrophoresis / Bao-Shiang Lee ... [et al.] -- Functionality screen of streptavidin mutants by non-denaturing SDS-PAGE using biotin-4-fluorescein / Nicolas Humbert and Thomas R. Ward -- Application of biotin-4-fluorescein in homogeneous fluorescence assays for avidin, streptavidin, and biotin or biotin derivatives / Andreas Ebner ... [et al.] -- quantitative recovery of biotinylated proteins from streptavidin-based affinity chromatography resins / Christoph Rösli ... [et al.] -- High-yield production and purification of recombinant T7-tag mature streptavidin in glucose-stressed E. coli / Nicolas Humbert ... [et al.] -- Endogenous biotin in rat brain : implications for false-positive results with avidin-biotin and streptavidin-biotin techniques / Bruce E. McKay, Michael L. Molineux, and Ray W. Turner -- Pseudo-immunolabelling with the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex due to the presence of endogenous biotin in the retina / Willem Kamphuis and Jan Klooster -- Use of synthetic peptides for identifying biotinylation sites in human histones / Gabriela Camporeale ... [et al.] -- Detection and quantitation of the activity of DNA methyltransferases using a biotin/avidin microplate assay / Kirsten Liebert and Albert Jeltsch -- Anti-biotin antibodies offer superior organelle-specific labelling of mitochondria over avidin or streptavidin / Elisabeth D. Coene, Michael K. Shaw, and David J. Vaux -- Mammalian lectin as tool in glycochemistry and histochemistry with relevance for diagnostic procedure / Karel Smetana, Jr. and Sabine André -- A multiplex approach to isotyping antigen-specific antibodies using biotinylated antigen/streptavidin-phycoerythrin / Krista McCutcheon -- Biotin-protein bond : instability and structural modification to provide stability for in vivo applications / Donald M. Mock and Anna Bogusiewicz.
- 2011 ScienceDirectedited by C.M. Pradier, Y.J. Chabal.IR spectroscopy has become without any doubt a key technique to answer questions raised when studying the interaction of proteins or peptides with solid surfaces for a fundamental point of view as well as for technological applications. Principle, experimental set ups, parameters and interpretation rules of several advanced IR-based techniques; application to biointerface characterisation through the presentation of recent examples, will be given in this book. It will describe how to characterise amino acids, protein or bacterial strain interactions with metal and oxide surfaces, by using infrared spectroscopy, in vacuum, in the air or in an aqueous medium. Results will highlight the performances and perspectives of the technique. Description of the principles, expermental setups and parameter interpretation, and the theory for several advanced IR-based techniques for interface characterisation. Contains examples which demonstrate the capacity, potential and limits of the IR techniques. Helps finding the most adequate mode of analysis. Contains examples. Contains a glossary by techniques and by keywords.
- 2005 ScienceDirectedited by A.L. Burlingame.
- 2011 SpringerEngelbert Buxbaum
- 2016 ScienceDirectedited by Andrew L. Feig.
- 2008 ScienceDirectedited by Satinder Ahuja, M. llias Jimidar.Overview of Capillary Electrophoresis in Pharmaceutical Analysis -- Theoretical Consideration in Performance of Various Modes of CE -- Equipment Considerations for Capillary Electrophoresis -- Method Development for Pharmaceutical Analysis -- Role of CE in Drug Substance and Drug Product Development -- General Considerations to Improve Performance of CE Methods -- Overview of Current Regulatory Guidance -- Qualification of CE Instrumentation -- Robustness Testing of CE Methods -- Validation of Analytical Methods Using Capillary Electrophoresis-- The Need for CE Methods in Pharmacopeial Monographs -- CE in Impurity Profiling of Drugs -- Ion Analysis Using Capillary Electrophoresis -- Role of CE in Biopharmaceutical Development and Quality Control -- Capillary Electrophoresis and Bioanalysis -- CE as an Orthogonal Technique to Chromatography -- Capillary Electrochromatography of Pharmaceuticals -- Coupling CE and Chip-based Devices and Mass Spectrometry.
- edited by P. Michael Conn, Anthony R. Means.
- 2012 Wileyedited by Jian Wang, James D MacNeil, Jack Frank Kay.Antibiotics : groups and properties / Philip T. Reeves -- Pharmacokinetics, distribution, bioavailability, and relationship to antibiotic residues / Peter Lees and Pierre-Louis Toutain -- Antibiotic residues in food, drinking water, and food safety regulations / Kevin J. Greenlees, Lynn G. Friedlander, and Alistair Boxall -- Sample preparation : extraction and clean-up / Alida A.M. (Linda) Stolker and Martin Danaher -- Bioanalytical screening methods / Sara Stead and Jacques Stark -- Chemical analysis : quantitative and confirmatory methods / Jian Wang and Sherri B. Turnipseed -- Single residue quantitative and confirmatory methods / Jonathan Tarbin [and others] -- Method development and method validation / Jack F. Kay and James D. MacNeil -- Measurement uncertainty / Jian Wang [and others] -- Quality assurance and quality control / Andrew Cannavan, Jack Kay, and Bruno Le Bizec.
- 2005 Springer Protocolsedited by Edward D. Zanders.
- 2012 Springer Protocolsedited by Gerard Drews and Marcus Bantscheff.Mass spectrometry-based chemoproteomic approaches -- Chemical proteomics in drug discovery -- Compound immobilization and drug-affinity chromatography -- Affinity-based chemoproteomics with small molecule-peptide conjugates -- A chemical proteomic probe for detecting dehydrogenases: Catechol rhodanine -- Probing proteomes with benzophenone photoprobes -- Biotinylated probes for the analysis of protein modification by electrophiles -- Profiling of methyltransferases and other S-adenosyl-l: -homocysteine-binding proteins by capture compound mass spectrometry -- Identifying cellular targets of small-molecule probes and drugs with biochemical enrichment and SILAC -- Determination of kinase inhibitor potencies in cell extracts by competition binding assays and isobaric mass tags -- Affinity-based profiling of dehydrogenase subproteomes -- Probing the specificity of protein-protein interactions by quantitative chemical proteomics -- Fluorescence-based proteasome activity profiling -- Chemical cross-linking and high-resolution mass spectrometry to study protein-drug interactions -- Monitoring ligand modulation of protein-protein interactions by chemical cross-linking and high-mass MALDI mass spectrometry -- Time-controlled transcardiac perfusion crosslinking for in vivo interactome studies -- Ligand discovery using small-molecule microarrays -- Working with small molecules : preparing and storing stock solutions and determination of kinetic solubility -- A database for chemical proteomics : ChEBI -- Working with small molecules: Rules-of-thumb of Drug likeness.
- 2013 Springer Protocolsedited by Gerhard K.E. Scriba.Chiral recognition in separation science : an overview / Gerhard K.E. Scriba -- Enantioseparations by thin-layer chromatography / Massimo Del Bubba [and others] -- Gas-chromatographic enantioseparation of unfunctionalized chiral hydrocarbons : an overview / Volker Schurig and Diana Krieidler -- HPLC enantioseparation on cyclodextrin-based chiral stationary phases / Yong Wang and Siu Choon Ng -- Enantioseparations by high-performance liquid chromatography using polysaccharide-based chiral stationary phases : an overview / Bezhan Chankvetadze -- Common screening approaches for efficient analytical method development in LC and SFC on columns packed with immobilized polysaccharide-derived chiral stationary phases / Pilar Franco and Tong Zhang -- Chiral separations by HPLC on immobilized polysaccharide chiral stationary phases / Imran Ali, Zeid A. AL-Othman, and Hassan Y. Aboul-Enein -- Enantioseparations by high-performance liquid chromatography using macrocyclic glycopeptide-based chiral stationary phases : an overview / István Ilisz [and others] -- Enantioseparations of primary amino compounds by high-performance liquid chromatography using chiral crown ether-based chiral stationary phase / Myung Ho Hyun -- Screening of Pirkle-type chiral stationary phases for HPLC enantioseparations / Gregory K. Webster and Ted J. Szczerba -- Enantioseparations by high-performance liquid chromatography based on chiral ligand-exchange / Benedetto Natalini, Roccaldo Sardella, and Federica Ianni -- Enantioseparations by high-performance liquid chromatography using molecularly imprinted polymers / David A. Spivak -- Chiral mobile phase additives in HPLC enantioseparations / Lushan Yu, Shengjia Wang, and Su Zeng -- Chiral benzofurazan-derived derivatization reagents for indirect enantioseparations by HPLC / Toshimasa Toyo'oka -- Separation of racemic 1-(9-Anthryl)-2,2,2-trifluoroethanol by sub-/supercritical fluid chromatography / Xiqin Yang, Leo Hsu, and Gerald Terfloth -- Chiral separations by simulated moving bed method using polysaccharide-based chiral stationary phases / Toshiharu Minoda -- Enantioseparations by capillary electrophoresis using cyclodextrins as chiral selectors / Gerhard K.E. Scriba and Pavel Jáč -- Application of dual cyclodextrin systems in capillary electrophoresis enantioseparations / Anne-Catherine Servais and Marianne Fillet -- Enantioseparations in nonaqueous capillary electrophoresis using charged cyclodextrins / Anne-Catherine Servais and Marianne Fillet -- Use of macrocyclic antibiotics as the chiral selectors in capillary electrophoresis / Chengke Li and Jingwu Kang -- Application of polymeric surfactants in chiral micellar electrokinetic chromatography (CMEKC) and CMEKC coupled to mass spectrometry / Jun He and Shahab A. Shamsi -- Cyclodextrin-modified micellar electrokinetic chromatography for enantioseparations / Wan Aini Wan Ibrahim, Dadan Hermawan, and Mohd Marsin Sanagi -- Cyclodextrin-mediated enantioseparation in microemulsion electrokinetic chromatography / Claudia Borst and Ulrike Holzgrabe -- Chiral separations by capillary electrophoresis using proteins as chiral selectors / Jun Haginaka -- Enantioseparation by chiral ligand-exchange capillary electrophoresis / Yi Chen and Lijuan Song -- Experimental design methodologies in the optimization of chiral CE or CEC separations : an overview / Bieke Dejaegher, Debby Mangelings, and Yvan Vander Heyden -- Chiral capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry / Elena Domínguez-Vega, Antonio L. Crego, and Maria Luisa Marina -- Application of chiral ligand-exchange stationary phases in capillary electrochromatography / Martin G. Schmid -- Polysaccharide-derived chiral stationary phases in capillary electrochromatography enantioseparations / Zhenbin Zhang, Hanfa Zou, and Junjie Ou -- Open tubular molecular imprinted phases in chiral capillary electrochromatography / Won Jo Cheong and Song Hee Yang -- Enantioseparations in capillary electrochromatography using sulfated poly [beta]-cyclodextrin-modified silica-based monolith as stationary phase / Ruijuan Yuan and Guosheng Ding -- Cyclodextrin-mediated enantioseparations by capillary electrochromatography / Dorothee Wistuba and Volker Schurig.
- 2007 Springer Protocolsedited by Ezio Rosato.Basic protocols for drosophila S2 cell line: maintenance and transfection / M. Fernanda Ceriani -- Co-immunoprecipitation on drosophila cells in culture / M. Fernanda Ceriani -- Basic protocols for zebrafish cell lines: maintenance and transfection / Daniela Vallone ... [et al.] -- Manipulation of mammalian cell lines for circadian studies / Filippo Tamanini -- Reporter assays / M. Fernanda Ceriani -- Use of firefly luciferase activity assays to monitor circadian molecular rhythms in vivo and in vitro / Wangjie Yu and Paul E. Hardin -- Suprachiasmatic nucleus cultures that maintain rhythmic properties in vitro / K. Tominaga-Yoshino, T. Ueyama, and H. Okamura -- RNA in situ hybridizations on drosophila whole mounts / Corinna Wulbeck and Charlotte Helfrich-Forster -- In situ hybridization of suprachiasmatic nucleus slices / Horacio O. de la Iglesia -- Immunohistochemistry in drosophila: sections and whole mounts / Charlotte Helfrich-Forster -- Immunocytochemistry on suprachiasmatic nucleus slices / Marta Muñoz Llamosas -- Immunofluorescence analysis of circadian protein dynamics in cultured mammalian cells / Filippo Tamanini. Light, photoreceptors, and circadian clocks / Russell G. Foster, Mark W. Hankins, and Stuart N. Peirson -- Statistical analysis of biological rhythm data / Harold B. Dowse -- Rhythmic conidiation in Neurospora crassa / Cas Kramer -- Monitoring and analyzing drosophila circadian locomotor activity / Mauro A. Zordan, Clara Benna, and Gabriella Mazzotta -- Automated video image analysis of larval zebrafish locomotor rhythms / Gregory M. Cahill -- Locomotor activity in rodents / Gianluca Tosini -- Analysis of circadian leaf movement rhythms in Arabidopsis thaliana / Kieron D. Edwards and Andrew J. Millar -- Detection of rhythmic bioluminescence from luciferase reporters in cyanobacteria / Shannon R. Canales ... [et al.] -- Analysis of rhythmic gene expression in adult drosophila using the firefly-luciferase reporter gene / Ralf Stanewsky -- Monitoring circadian rhythms in Arabidopsis thaliana using luciferase reporter genes / Anthony Hall and Paul Brown -- Specialized techniques for site-directed mutagenesis in cyanobacteria / Eugenia M. Clerico, Jayna L. Ditty, and Susan S. Golden -- Novel strategies for the identification of clock genes in neurospora with insertional mutagenesis / Kruno Sveric ... [et al.] -- Mutagenesis with drosophila / Patrick Emery -- Mutagenesis in arabidopsis / Jodi Maple and Simon G. Moller -- Yeast two-hybrid screening / Jodi Maple and Simon G. Moller -- Microarrays: quality control and hybridization protocol / Ken-ichiro Uno and Hiroki R. Ueda -- Microarrays: statistical methods for circadian rhythms / Rikuhiro Yamada and Hiroki R. Ueda -- Identification of clock genes using difference gel electrophoresis / Natasha A. Karp and Kathryn S. Lilley -- Isolation of total RNA from Neurospora mycelium / Cas Kramer -- RNA extraction from drosophila heads / Patrick Emery -- Extraction of plant RNA / Michael G. Salter and Helen E. Conlon -- RNA extraction from mammalian tissues / Stuart N. Peirson and Jason N. Butler -- Northern analysis of sense and antisense fequency RNA in Neurospora crassa / Cas Kramer -- RNase protection assay / Patrick Emery -- Quantitative polymerase chain reaction / Stuart N. Peirson and Jason N. Butler -- Protein extraction, fractionation, and purification from cyanobacteria / Natalia B. Ivleva and Susan S. Golden -- Protein extraction from drosophila heads / Patrick Emery -- Plant protein extraction / Helen E. Conlon and Michael G. Salter -- Protein extraction from mammalian tissues / Choogon Lee -- Western blotting / Choogon Lee -- Co-immunoprecipitation assay / Choogon Lee -- In vitro phosphorylation and kinase assays in Neurospora crassa / Lisa Franchi and Giuseppe Macino --
- 2012 Springer Protocolsedited by Terry M. Phillips, Heather Kalish.Overview of CE in clinical analysis / David S. Hage -- Monitoring of arrays of amino acids in clinical samples using capillary electrophoresis with contactless conductivity detection / Petr Tu°ma and Karel Štulík -- Selective determination of sulfates, sulfonates, and phosphates in urine by capillary electrophoresis/mass spectrometry / Svenja-Catharina Bunz and Christian Neusüss -- Analysis of neurotransmitter amino acids by CE-LIF detection in biological fluids / Angelo Zinellu [and others] -- Expanded newborn screening of inborn errors of metabolism by capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (CE-ESI-MS) / Philip Britz-McKibbin -- Development of an on-site measurement system for salivary stress-related substances based on microchip CE / Yoshihide Tanaka and Nahoko Naruishi -- Simultaneous determination of atenolol and amiloride by capillary electrophoresis with capacitively coupled contactless conductivity detection (C4D) / Khaldun M. AL Azzam and Hassan Y. Aboul-Enein -- Homogeneous immunoassay of thyroxine based on microchip electrophoresis and chemiluminescence detection / Shulin Zhao and Yi-Ming Liu -- High-throughput profiling of the serum n-glycome on capillary electrophoresis microfluidics systems / Dieter Vanderschaeghe, Andras Guttman, and Nico Callewaert -- Screening of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors by microanalysis with fluorescence detection / Xin Hai, Erwin Adams, and Ann Van Schepdael -- ABO genotyping by capillary electrophoresis / James Chun-I Lee [and others] -- Separation of hemoglobin variants by capillary electrophoresis / Frédéric Cotton and Béatrice Gulbis -- Newborn screening for hemoglobinopathies using capillary electrophoresis / P.C. Giordano -- Application of CZE in the differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus strains / Bogusław Buszewski, Katarzyna Hrynkiewicz, and Ewelina Dziubakiewicz -- Multiplex and quantitative pathogen detection with high-resolution capillary electrophoresis-based single-strand conformation polymorphism / Hee Sung Hwang [and others] -- Application of CGE to virus identification / Julia A. Fruetel and Victoria A. VanderNoot -- Capillary electrophoresis-based proteomic techniques for biomarker discovery / Xueping Fang, Chenchen Wang, and Cheng S. Lee -- Integrated affinity and electrophoresis systems for multiplexed biomarker analysis / Pamela N. Nge [and others] -- Urinary proteomics based on capillary electrophoresis coupled to mass spectrometry in kidney disease / Amaya Albalat [and others] -- Immunoaffinity, capillary electrophoresis, and statistics for studying intact alpha 1-acid glycoprotein isoforms as an atherothrombosis biomarker / Angel Puerta [and others] -- Chip-based immunoassays / Akwasi A. Apori and Amy E. Herr -- CE analysis of g-globulin mobility and potential clinical utility / Dieter Vanderschaeghe [and others] -- Cytokine analysis by immunoaffinity capillary electrophoresis / Mark Mendonca and Heather Kalish -- Capillary electrophoresis for the detection of fragile X expanded alleles / Rong Mao, Pinar Bayrak-Toydemir, and Elaine Lyon -- Analysis of microsatellite instability by microfluidic-based electrophoresis / Natalia Elfimova, Wafa Amer, and Margarete Odenthal -- HLA DR-DQ genotyping by capillary electrophoresis for risk assessment for celiac disease / Ewa H. Lavant and Joyce Carlson.
- edited by Victor Ginsburg.
- edited by Victor Ginsburg.Also available: Print – 1989
- 2006 ScienceDirectGale Rhodes.Model and molecule. -- An overview of protein crystallography. -- Protein crystals. -- Collecting diffraction data. -- From diffraction data to electron density. -- Obtaining phases. -- Obtaining and judging the molecular model. -- A user's guide to crystallographic models. -- Other diffraction methods. -- Other kinds of macromolecular models. -- Tools for studying macromolecules. -- Appendix: Viewing stereo images.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2010- Wileyeditorial board, Adam Arkin ... [et al.].Current Protocols in Chemical Biology provides validated protocols and overviews about specialized chemical techniques and tools for studies of biology and drug design. These tools include small-molecule design, synthesis, derivatization, handling, and detection as well as advances in laboratory automation, robotics, and medicinal chemistry as applied to high-throughput screening (HTS). Methods for modification of proteins, nucleic acids, carbohydrates and lipids for their use as tools in the study of particular biological systems are also included
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of molecular transporter conjugates and their encapsulation inside nanoparticles for drug delivery applications2010Wesley Charles Galliher.Biological barriers prevent the uptake of many potentially harmful xenobiotics yet also limit the delivery and cellular entry of a variety of drugs to their targets. One approach to this problem selects only those compounds with appropriate properties, namely solubility in polar biological fluids yet also able to pass through the nonpolar cellular membrane. This restriction would therefore preclude the use of many polar (e.g. siRNA) and nonpolar (e.g. Taxol) compounds whose inherent physical properties cause problems with formulation, distribution or bioavailability. The research described herein utilizes an alternative strategy that involves molecular transporters, which are agents that, when attached to poorly soluble or poorly bioavailable drugs, produce conjugates that exhibit excellent water solubility and simultaneously an increased ability to cross tissue and cell barriers. Bioactivatable molecular transporter conjugates of the immunosuppressant drug Cyclosporin A incorporating disulfide linkers were developed, evaluated for their biological activity in vitro, and administered topically in an in vivo mouse model. In addition to the inherent physical properties limitation that prevents drug passage across the cell membrane, another significant contributor to the failure of many therapeutics is the overexpression of membrane proteins (e.g. P-glycoprotein or Pgp) that mediate the unidirectional efflux of drugs out of target cells, often doing so prior to the drug reaching its intracellular target. Bioactivatable oligoarginine transporter conjugates of Taxol, a substrate for Pgp, were prepared and shown to overcome efflux-mediated resistance in primary human ovarian cancer tissue ex vivo. The encapsulation of transporter conjugates inside biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles was also investigated as a way to achieve sustained release of transporter drug conjugates over extended periods of time, thereby avoiding metabolism or toxicity problems associated with a bolus administration of therapeutic agents. Nanoparticles encapsulating transporter-probe conjugates were formed using two different methods, and shown to release their encapsulated cargo over time under biologically relevant conditions.
- 2013Nicolas Tilmans.Directed evolution of large combinatorial chemistry libraries is an emerging approach for small-molecule discovery. To advance this field, we have developed a DNA-programmed chemistry technique that enables breeding of drug-like compounds over multiple generations. The progeny from each cycle of synthesis, selection, and amplification act as the starting point for a subsequent generation; thus the evolutionary cycle can be iterated. The linkage between genotype and phenotype is accomplished by coupling each unique compound to a DNA gene that programs its synthesis. Here we establish the behavior of our technology using a model selection for kinase substrates. We show that the platform behaves in a predictable manner and that it should be capable of identifying useful molecules from very large compound libraries. We then use the technology to discover novel biologically active small molecules by applying a purifying selection to a naive DNA-programmed library comprising 1.1 billion distinct compounds. Given the comprehensive nature of the combinatorial synthesis and the deep sampling enabled by high throughput sequencing, we can observe the simultaneous enrichment of different chemical families, increasing our chances of identifying a true hit. We have thus identified the first known non-peptidic substrate for protein kinase. This work demonstrates the feasibility to chemically probe the substrate binding sites of kinases. More broadly, we have performed the first directed evolution of a billion member combinatorial library. We anticipate that our approach will lead to the discovery of novel small-molecule affinity reagents, pharmaceutical compound leads, imaging probes and other high-value compounds. This could substantially increase global access to small-molecule reagents, and open up new areas of biological inquiry.
- pt. A-B, 2006. ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirectedited by Alan Kimmel & Brian Oliver.Pt. A. Array platforms and wet-bench protocols -- pt. B. Databases and statistics.Also available: Print – pt. A-B, 2006.
- 2008Kazuo Nakamoto, Masamichi Tsuboi, Gary D. Strahan.This book provides vital information about drug-DNA interactions. Understand the types of structural and bonding information that can be obtained using specific physico-chemical methods and discover how to design new drugs that are more effective than current treatments and have fewer side effects. Find detailed information about X-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy, molecular modeling, and optical spectroscopy such as UV-Visible absorption, fluorescence, circular dichroism (CD), flow linear dichroism (FLD), infrared (IR) and Raman spectroscopy.
- pt. A-B, 2013. ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirectedited by Sergey Y. Tetin.Part A. 40 years of FCS: how it all began / Elliot L. Elson -- Brief introduction to fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Elliot L. Elson -- Dual-color fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy with continuous laser excitation in a confocal setup / Thomas Weidemann and Petra Schwille -- Brightness analysis / Patrick Macdonald, Jolene Johnson, Elizabeth Smith, Yan Chen, and Joachim D. Mueller -- Time-integrated fluorescence cumulant analysis and its application in living cells / Bin Wu, Robert H. Singer, and Joachim D. Mueller -- Raster image correlation spectroscopy and number and brightness analysis / Michelle A. Digman, Milka Stakic, and Enrico Gratton -- Global analysis in fluorescence correlation spectroscopy and fluorescence lifetime microscopy / Neil Anthony and Keith Berland -- Dual-focus fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Christoph Pieper, Kerstin Weiss, Ingo Gergor, and Jörg Enderlein -- Pulsed interleaved excitation: principles and applications / Jelle Hendrix and Don C. Lamb -- Image correlation spectroscopy: mapping correlations in space, time, and reciprocal space / Paul W. Wiseman. Part B. FCS in STED microscopy : studying the nanoscale of lipid membrane dynamics / Veronika Mueller ... [et al.] -- Analyzing Förster resonance energy transfer with fluctuation algorithms / Suren Felekyan ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence fluctuation spectroscopy approaches to the study of receptors in live cells / David M. Jameson, Nicholas G. James, and Joseph P. Albanesi -- Studying the protein corona on nanoparticles by FCS / G. Ulrich Nienhaus, Pauline Maffre, and Karin Nienhaus -- Studying antibody-antigen interactions with fluorescence fluctuation spectroscopy / Sergey Y. Tetin, Qiaoqiao Ruan, and Joseph P. Skinner -- Fluorescence fluctuation approaches to the study of adhesion and signaling / Alexia I. Bachir, Kristopher E. Kubow, and Alan R. Horwitz -- Interactions in gene expression networks studied by two-photon fluorescence fluctuation spectroscopy / Nathalie Declerck and Catherine A. Royer-- Studying ion exchange in solution and at biological membranes by FCS / Jerker Widengren -- Fluctuation analysis of acivity biosensor images for the study of information flow in signaling pathways / Marco Vilela ... [et al.] -- Probing the plasma membrane organization in living cells by spot variation fluorescence correlation spectroscopy / Cyrille Billaudeau ... [et al.].
- 2008 ScienceDirectedited by Ludwig Brand, Michael L. Johnson.A method in enzymology for measuring hydrolytic activities in live cell environments / Beverly Z. Packard and Akira Komoriya -- Heterogeneity of fluorescence determined by the method of area-normalized time-resolved emission spectroscopy / N. Periasamy -- Multiparametric probing of microenvironment with solvatochromic fluorescent dyes / Andrey S. Klymchenko and Alexander P. Demchenko -- Site-selective red-edge effects / Alexander P. Demchenko -- Fluorescence approaches to quantifying biomolecular interactions / Catherine A. Royer and Suzanne F. Scarlata -- Forster resonance energy transfer measurements of transmembrane helix dimerization energetics / Mikhail Merzlyakov and Kalina Hristova -- Application of single-molecule spectroscopy in studying enzyme kinetics and mechanism / Jue Shi ... [et al.] -- Ultrafast fluorescence spectroscopy via upconversion : applications to biophysics / Jianhua Xu and Jay R. Knutson -- Use of fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) in studying protein-induced DNA bending / Anatoly I. Dragan and Peter L. Privalov --Fluorescent pteridine probes for nucleic acid analysis / Mary E. Hawkins -- Single-molecule fluorescence methods for the analysis of RNA folding and ribonucleoprotein assembly / Goran Pljevaljčić and David P. Millar -- Using fluorophore-labeled oligonucleotides to measure affinities of protein-DNA interactions / Brian J. Anderson ... [et al.] -- Identifying small pulsatile signals within noisy data : a fluorescence application / Michael L. Johnson ... [et al.] -- Determination of zinc using carbonic anhydrase-based fluorescence biosensors / Rebecca Bozym ... [et al.] -- Instrumentation for fluorescence-based fiber optic biosensors / Richard B. Thompson ... [et al.]Also available: Print – 2008
- 2006 Springer Protocolsedited by Minou Bina.Analysis of allele-specific gene expression / Julian C. Knight -- Construction of microRNA-containing vectors for expression in mammalian cells / Yoko Fukuda, Hiroaki Kawasaki, and Kazunari Taira -- Mining microarray data at NCBI's gene expression omnibus (GEO) / Tanya Barrett and Ron Edgar -- The Stanford microarray database: a user's guide / Jeremy Gollub, Catherine A. Ball, and Gavin Sherlock -- Detecting nucleosome ladders on unique DNA sequences in mouse liver nuclei / Tomara J. Fleury, Alfred Cioffi, and Arnold Stein -- DNA methyltransferase probing of DNA-protein interactions / Scott A. Hoose and Michael P. Kladde -- Protein binding microarrays (PBMS) for rapid, high-throughput characterization of the sequence specificities of DNA binding proteins / Michael F. Berger and Martha L. Bulyk -- Quantitative profiling of protein-DNA binding on microarrays / Jiannis Ragoussis, Simon Field, and Irina A. Udalova -- Analysis of protein-DNA binding by streptavidin-agarose pulldown / Kenneth K. Wu -- Isolation and mass spectrometry of specific DNA binding proteins / Mariana Yaneva and Paul Tempst -- Isolation of transcription factor complexes by in vivo biotinylation tagging and direct binding to streptavidin beads / Patrick Rodriguez ... [et al.]. Use of genome browsers to locate your favorite genes / Minou Bina -- Methods for identifying and mapping recent segmental and gene duplications in eukaryotic genomes / Razi Khaja ... [et al.] -- Identification and mapping of paralogous genes on a known genomic DNA sequence / Minou Bina -- Quantitative DNA fiber mapping in genome research and construction of physical maps / Heinz-Ulrich G. Weier and Lisa W. Chu -- PRINS for mapping single copy genes / Avirachan T. Tharapel and Stephen S. Wachtel -- VISTA family of computational tools for comparative analysis of DNA sequences and whole genomes / Inna Dubchak and Dmitriy V. Ryaboy -- Computational prediction of cis-Regulatory modules from multispecies alignments using galaxy, table browser, and GALA / Laura Elnitski, David King, and Ross C. Hardison -- Comparative promoter analysis in vertebrate genomes with the CORG workbench / Christoph Dieterich and Martin Vingron -- cis-Regulatory region analysis using BEARR / Vinsensius Berlian Vega -- A database of 9-Mers from promoter region of human protein-coding genes / Minou Bina, Phillip Wyss, and Syed Rehan Shah -- A program toolkit for the analysis of regulatory regions of genes / Phillip Wyss, Sheryl A. Lazarus, and Minou Bina --
- 2012 ScienceDirectedited by Masayasu Kojima, Kenji Kangawa.History to the discovery of ghrelin / Cyril Y. Bowers -- Orphan GPCRs and methods for identifying their ligands / Morikatsu Yoshida, Mikiya Miyazato, and Kenji Kangawa -- Purification of rat and human ghrelins / Masayasu Kojima, Hiroshi Hosoda, and Kenji Kangawa -- Variety of acyl modifications in mammalian ghrelins / Takanori Ida -- Determination of nonmammalian ghrelin / Hiroyuki Kaiya ... [et al.] -- Morphological analysis of ghrelin neurons in the hypothalamus / Haruaki Kageyama, Fumiko Takenoya, and Seiji Shioda -- High-performance liquid chromatography analysis of hypothalamic ghrelin / Takahiro Sato and Masayasu Kojima -- Standard sample collections for blood ghrelin measurements / Hiroshi Hosoda and Kenji Kangawa -- From ghrelin to ghrelin's O-acyl transferase / Jesus A. Gutierrez ... [et al.] -- Enzymatic characterization of GOAT, ghrelin O-acyltransferase / Hideko Ohgusu, Tomoko Takahashi, and Masayasu Kojima -- The study of ghrelin deacylation enzymes / Motoyasu Satou and Hiroyuki Sugimoto -- Synthesis of ghrelin : chemical synthesis and semisynthesis for large-scale preparation of modified peptides / Tomohiro Makino, Masaru Matsumoto, and Yoshiharu Minamitake -- Ghrelin O-acyltransferase assays and inhibition / Martin S. Taylor ... [et al.] -- Model-based evaluation of growth hormone secretion / Johannes D. Veldhuis and Daniel M. Keenan -- Ghrelin in the control of energy, lipid, and glucose metabolism / Kristy M. Heppner ... [et al.] -- Ghrelin and the vagus nerve / Yukari Date -- Measurement of AMP-activated protein kinase activity and expression in response to ghrelin / Chung Thong ... [et al.] -- Ghrelin and gastrointestinal movement / Naoki Fujitsuka ... [et al.] -- Ghrelin acylation by ingestion of medium-chain fatty acids / Yoshihiro Nishi, Hiroharu Mifune, and Masayasu Kojima -- Islet [beta]-cell ghrelin signaling for inhibition of insulin secretion / Katsuya Dezaki and Toshihiko Yada -- Rikkunshito as a ghrelin enhancer / Hiroshi Takeda ... [et al.] -- Thermogenic characterization of ghrelin receptor null mice / Ligen Lin and Yuxiang Sun -- Transgenic mice overexpressing ghrelin or ghrelin analog / Hiroyuki Ariyasu ... [et al.] -- Therapeutic potential of ghrelin in restricting-type anorexia nervosa / Mari Hotta ... [et al.] -- Clinical application of ghrelin for chronic respiratory diseases / Nobuhiro Matsumoto and Masamitsu Nakazato -- Clinical trial of ghrelin synthesis administration for upper GI surgery / Shuji Takiguchi ... [et al.].
- 2015 Springer Protocolsedited by Kuberan Balagurunathan, Hiroshi Nakato, Umesh R. Desai.Automated Synthesis of Chondroitin Sulfate Oligosaccharides / Chien-Fu Liang, Heung Sik Hahm, and Peter H. Seeberger -- Enzymatic Synthesis of Heparan Sulfate and Heparin / April Joice [and six others] -- Production of Size-Defined Heparosan, Heparan Sulfate, and Heparin Oligosaccharides by Enzymatic Depolymerization / Spencer Brown and Balagurunathan Kuberan -- Chemical Modification of Heparin and Heparosan / Karthik Raman, Balagurunathan Kuberan, and Sailaja Arungundram -- Synthesis of Sulfur Isotope-Labeled Sulfate Donor, 3'-Phosphoadenosine-5'- Phosphosulfate, for Studying Glycosaminoglycan Functions/ Caitlin Mencio [and three others] -- Preparation of Isotope-Enriched Heparan Sulfate Precursors for Structural Biology Studies / Xylophone V. Victor [and three others] -- Synthesis of Glycosaminoglycan Mimetics Through Sulfation of Polyphenols / Rami A. Al-Horani [and three others] -- Synthesis of Selective Inhibitors of Heparan Sulfate and Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan Biosynthesis / Caitlin Mencio [and three others] -- Ascidian (Chordata-Tunicata) Glycosaminoglycans : Extraction, Purification, Biochemical, and Spectroscopic Analysis / Mauro S.G. Pavão -- Human Blood Glycosaminoglycans : Isolation and Analysis / Md. Ferdous Anower-E-Khuda and Koji Kimata -- Chromatographic Molecular Weight Measurements for Heparin, Its Fragments and Fractions, and Other Glycosaminoglycans / Barbara Mulloy and John Hogwood -- Mass Spectrometric Methods for the Analysis of Heparin and Heparan Sulfate / Miroslaw Lech, Ishan Capila, and Ganesh V. Kaundinya -- Validated Capillary Electrophoretic Assays for Disaccharide Composition Analysis of Galactosaminoglycans in Biologic Samples and Drugs/Nutraceuticals / Athanasia P. Asimakopoulou [and five others] -- Fast Screening of Glycosaminoglycan Disaccharides by Fluorophore-Assisted Carbohydrate Electrophoresis (FACE) : Applications to Biologic Samples and Pharmaceutical Formulations / Evgenia Karousou [and seven others] -- Capillary Electrophoretic Analysis of Isolated Sulfated Polysaccharides to Characterize Pharmaceutical Products / Zachary Shriver and Ram Sasisekharan -- Methods for Measuring Exchangeable Protons in Glycosaminoglycans / Consuelo N. Beecher and Cynthia K. Larive -- Heparan Sulfate Structure : Methods to Study N-Sulfation and NDST Action / Anders Dagälv [and five others] -- Analysis of Hyaluronan Synthase Activity / Davide Vigetti [and three others] -- A Rapid, Nonradioactive Assay for Measuring Heparan Sulfate C-5 Epimerase Activity Using Hydrogen/Deuterium Exchange-Mass Spectrometry / Ponnusamy Babu [and three others] -- Aggrecan : Approaches to Study Biophysical and Biomechanical Properties / Hadi Tavakoli Nia, Christine Ortiz, and Alan Grodzinsky -- Use of Flow Cytometry for Characterization and Fractionation of Cell Populations Based on Their Expression of Heparan Sulfate Epitopes / Rebecca J. Holley [and five others] -- A Transgenic Approach to Live Imaging of Heparan Sulfate Modification Patterns / Matthew Attreed and Hannes E. Bülow -- Informatics Tools to Advance the Biology of Glycosaminoglycans and Proteoglycans / Lewis J. Frey -- Designing "High-Affinity, High-Specificity" Glycosaminoglycan Sequences Through Computerized Modeling / Nehru Viji Sankaranarayanan [and three others] -- Using Isothermal Titration Calorimetry to Determine Thermodynamic Parameters of Protein-Glycosaminoglycan Interactions/ Amit K. Dutta, Jörg Rösgen, and Krishna Rajarathnam -- Characterizing Protein-Glycosaminoglycan Interactions Using Solution NMR Spectroscopy / Prem Raj B. Joseph, Krishna Mohan Poluri, Krishna Mohan Sepuru, and Krishna Rajarathnam -- Glycosaminoglycan-Protein Interaction Studies Using Fluorescence Spectroscopy / Rio S. Boothello, Rami A. Al-Horani, and Umesh R. Desai -- Studying Glycosaminoglycan-Protein Interactions Using Capillary Electrophoresis / Aiye Liang and Umesh R. Desai -- Histochemical Analysis of Heparan Sulfate 3-O-Sulfotransferase Expression in Mouse Brain / Tomio Yabe and Nobuaki Maeda -- Keratan Sulfate : Biosynthesis, Structures, and Biological Functions / Kenji Uchimura -- The Sulfs : Expression, Purification, and Substrate Specificity / Kenji Uchimura -- The Detection of Glycosaminoglycans in Pancreatic Islets and Lymphoid Tissues / Marika Bogdani [and five others] -- Nonradioactive Glycosyltransferase and Sulfotransferase Assay to Study Glycosaminoglycan Biosynthesis / Cheryl M. Ethen [and five others] -- Mapping Proteoglycan Functions with Glycosidases / Mauricio Cortes, Leslie K. Cortes, and Nancy B. Schwartz -- Cell Substrate Patterning with Glycosaminoglycans to Study Their Biological Roles in the Central Nervous System / Tony W. Hsiao [and three others] -- Analyzing the Role of Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans in Axon Guidance In Vivo in Zebrafish / Fabienne E. Poulain -- Murine Models in the Evaluation of Heparan Sulfate-Based Anticoagulants / David Gailani, Qiufang Cheng, and Ivan S. Ivanov -- Genetic Approaches in the Study of Heparan Sulfate Functions in Drosophila / Masahiko Takemura and Hiroshi Nakato -- Measuring Sulfatase Expression and Invasion in Glioblastoma / Anna Wade [and three others] -- Synthesis and Biomedical Applications of Xylosides / Mausam Kalita [and four others] -- A Strategic Approach to Identification of Selective Inhibitors of Cancer Stem Cells / Nirmita Patel, Somesh Baranwal, and Bhaumik B. Patel -- Analysis of the Heavy-Chain Modification and TSG-6 Activity in Pathological Hyaluronan Matrices / Mark E. Lauer [and three others] -- Heparan Sulfate Modulates Slit3-Induced Endothelial Cell Migration / Hong Qiu [and three others] -- Glycosaminoglycan Functionalized Nanoparticles Exploit Glycosaminoglycan Functions / James A. Vassie, John M. Whitelock, and Megan S. Lord -- Role of Glycosaminoglycans in Infectious Disease / Akiko Jinno and Pyong Woo Park -- Isolation and Purification of Versican and Analysis of Versican Proteolysis / Simon J. Foulcer, Anthony J. Day, and Suneel S. Apte -- Analysis of Human Hyaluronan Synthase Gene Transcriptional Regulation and Downstream Hyaluronan Cell Surface Receptor Mobility in Myofibroblast Differentiation / Adam C. Midgley and Timothy Bowen.
- v. 1-5, 1998-2008. ScienceDirect[series editor, Patrick K. Gallagher].As a new field of interdisciplinary macromolecular science and engineering, polymeric materials will have a profound presence in 21st century chemical, pharmaceutical, biomedical, manufacturing, infrastructure, electronic, optical and information technologies. The origin of this field derived from an area of polymer science and engineering encompassing plastic technologies. The field is rapidly expanding to incorporate new interdisciplinary research areas such as biomaterials, macromolecular biology, novel macromolecular structures, environmental macromolecular science and engineering, innovative and nano-fabrications of products, and is translating discoveries into technologies.
- 2012 SpringerDevi Datt Joshi.Evidence based herbal drugs are on hi-acceptance day by day due to health friendly nature compared to synthetic drugs. The active ingredients in herbal drugs are different chemical classes, e.g. alkaloids, coumarins, flavonoids, glycosides, phenols, steroids, terpenes etc., are identified at molecular level using current analytical practices, which are unique characteristic, as finger, so known as fingerprints. The fingerprints are used for assessment of quality consistency and stability by visible observation and comparison of the standardized fingerprint pattern, have scientific potential to decipher the claims made on these drugs for authenticity and reliability of chemical constituents, with total traceability, which starts from the proper identification, season and area of collection, storage, their processing, stability during processing, and rationalizing the combinational in case of polyherbal drugs. These quality oriented documents have ample scientific logics so well accepted globally by regulatory authorities and industries, to determine intentional/ unintentional contamination, adulteration, pollutants, stability, quality, etc. parameters. Based on geo-climatic factors, a same plant species has different pharmacological properties due to different ingredients; such regional and morphological variations are identified by fingerprints, at the time of collection of the medicinal herb. The chromatographic (TLC, HPTLC, HPLC, GC,) and spectral (UV-Vis., FTIR, MNR, MS, LC-MS, GC-MS etc.) techniques have world-wide strong scientific approval as validated methods to generate the fingerprints of different chemical classes of active ingredients of herbal drugs. Presently there is a need for a book having all the fingerprinting techniques for herbal drugs at a place with theory, case studies and art to discover patentable forms. The present book is a mile stone in the subject, to be utilized by Scientists, Medical Doctors, Technicians, Industrialists, Researchers, and Students both in PG and UG levels.
- 2007 ScienceDirectedited by Satinder Ahuja, Henrik Rasmussen.
- 2011 CRCnetBASEedited by Perry G. Wang, Weixuan He.Aqueous Normal-Phase Chromatography -- Application of the Calculated Physicochemical Property, Log D, to Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography in the Bioanalytical Laboratory -- HILIC Behavior of Reversed-Phase/Ion-Exchange Mixed-Mode Stationary Phases and Their Applications -- Mechanisms Controlling the Separation and Retention of Proanthocyanidins and Other Plant Polyphenols in Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography -- Applications of Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography to Food Analysis -- Hydrophilic Interaction Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (HILIC-MS) of Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Toxins, Domoic Acid and Assorted Cyanobacterial Toxins -- Application of HILIC for Polar Environmental Contaminants (Including Pharmaceuticals) in Aquatic Systems -- Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry -- Clinical Applications of Hydrophilic Interaction Liquid Chromatography -- Dimethylarginine Analysis by HILIC-MS/MS and Its Applications in Clinical Chemistry and In Vivo Animal Models -- Polar Functional Groups for HILIC Method -- Analysis of Pharmaceutical Impurities Using Hydrophilic Interaction Liquid Chromatography -- Fast In-Process Method for the Determination of Ioversol and Related Polar Compounds by Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography (HILIC) and UPLC -- Retention Behavior of Hydrazine Derivatives in HILIC Mode -- HILIC Retention Behavior and Method Development for Highly Polar Basic Compounds Used in Pharmaceutical Synthesis -- Retention of Polar Acidic and Basic Drugs by HILIC -- Retention and Selectivity of Polar Stationary Phases for Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography -- HILIC-MS/MS for the Determination of Polar Bioactive Substances -- Method Development and Analysis of Mono- and Diphosphorylated Nucleotides by HILIC HPLC-ESI-MS -- Hydrophilic Interaction Liquid Chromatography-Based Enrichment Protocol Coupled to Mass Spectrometry for Glycoproteome Analysis -- Development and Application of Methods for Separation of Carbohydrates by Hydrophilic Interaction Liquid Chromatography -- Hydrophilic Interaction Liquid Chromatography in the Characterization of Glycoproteins -- Analysis of Protein Glycosylation and Phosphorylation Using HILIC-MS.
- 2010 SpringerMitsutoshi Setou, editor.
- 2007 CRCnetBASEedited by Jeanette M. van Emon.Integrating bioanalytical capability in an environmental analytical laboratory / Jeanette M. Van Emon ... [et al.] -- Directed evolution of ligand-binding proteins / K. Kramer, H. Geue, and B. Hock -- In vitro monoclonal antibody production: academic scale / Frances Weis-Garcia -- Antibodies to heavy metals: isolation, characterization, and incorporation into microplate-based assays and immunosensors / Diane A. Blake ... [et al.] -- Molecular imprinting for small molecules / Z. Cobb and L. I. Andersson -- Aptamer-based bioanalytical methods / Sara Tombelli, Maria Minunni, and Marco Mascini -- Surface imprinting: integration of recognition and transduction / Yanxiu Zhou, Bin Yu, and Kalle Levon -- Phage as biospecific probes / Valery A. Petrenko and Jennifer R. Brigati -- Upconverting phosphors for detection and identification using antibodies / David E. Cooper ... [et al.] -- Mathematical aspects of immunoassays / James F. Brady -- Immunochemical techniques in biological monitoring / Raymond E. Biagini, Cynthia A. F. Strile, and John E. Snawder -- Target and non-targeted approaches for detecting genetically modified organisms / Farid E. Ahmed -- Bioanalytical diagnostic test for measuring prions / Loredana Ingrosso, Maurizio Pocchiari, and Franco Cardone -- Environmental applications of immunoaffinity chromatography / Annette Moser, Mary Anne Nelson, and David S. Hage -- Sol-gel immunoassays and immunoaffinity chromatography / Miriam Altstein and Alisa Bronshtein -- Electrochemical immunoassays and immunosensors / Niina J. Ronkainen-Matsuno, H. Brian Halsall, and William R. Heineman -- Biosensors for environmental monitoring and homeland security / Kanchan A. Joshi, Wilfred Chen, and Ashok Mulchandani -- Bioarrays: current applications and concerns for developing, selecting and using array technology / Joany Jackman -- Microelectrode protein microarrays / Kilian Dill ... [et al.] -- Bioconjugated quantum dots for sensitive and multiplexed immunoassays / Xiaohu Gao ... [et al.] -- Nanotechnology and the future of bioanalytical methods / Lon Porter.
- 2015 Springer Protocolsedited by Adalberto Merighi and Laura Lossi, Department of Veterinary Sciences, University of Torino, Grugliasco, Torino, Italy.Machine generated contents note: 1.The Evolution of Immunocytochemistry in the Dissection of Neural Complexity / Laura Lossi -- pt. I Immunocytochemistry in Non-Mammalian Brain -- 2.Immunofluorescence and Genetic Fluorescent Labeling Techniques in the Drosophila Nervous System / Christian Wegener -- 3.Immunohistochemical Analysis of Neuronal Networks in the Nervous System of Octopus vulgaris / Graziano Fiorito -- 4.Genetic Mosaic Labeling and Immunofluorescence Techniques in Zebrafish Brain / Yoshihiro Yoshihara -- pt. II Detection of Cell Proliferation and Neurogenesis -- 5.Immunocytochemical Phenotype of Differentiating Neurons / Antonio Carai -- 6.Immunocytochemical Identification of Mammalian Differentiating Neurons in the Process of Adult Neurogenesis in the Hippocampal Dentate Gyrus / Oliver von Bohlen und Halbach -- 7.Identification of Proliferating and Migrating Cells by BrdU and Other Thymidine Analogs: Benefits and Limitations / Pasko Rakic --
- v. 1-70, 1973-2005. ScienceDirectAlso available: Print – v. 1, 27, 1973, 1984.
- 2012 Springer Protocolsedited by Loralie J. Langman and Chistine L.H. Snozek.Introduction to drug testing : the expanding role of mass spectrometry / Catherine Hammett-Stabler and Steven W. Cotten -- LC-MS vs. GC-MS, online extraction systems, advantages of technology for drug screening assays / Pierre Marquet -- LC-MS/MS techniques for high-volume screening of drugs of abuse and target drug quantitation in urine/blood matrices / Jeff C. Eichhorst [and others] -- Benzodiazepines and metabolites from biological fluids by liquid chromatography electrospray tandem mass spectrometry / Cynthia L. Morris-Kukoski, Jason E. Schaff, and Louis J. Reda -- Opiate screening and quantitation in urine/blood matrices using LC-MS/MS techniques / Jeff C. Eichhorst [and others] -- Synthetic opioid analysis by LC-MS/MS / David M. Garby and Lynn A. Cheryk -- Determination of cannabinoids using liquid chromatography with mass spectrometric detection / Oscar Quintela and Dennis J. Crouch -- Cocaine and metabolites by LC-MS/MS / Christine L.H. Snozek, Matthew W. Bjergum, and Loralie J. Langman -- Quantitation of amphetamine-type stimulants by LC-MS/MS / Robert A. Middleberg and Joseph Homan -- Detection of prohibited substances by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for sports doping control / Brian D. Ahrens, Borislav Starcevic, and Anthony W. Butch -- LC-MS/MS screen for xenobiotics and metabolites / Francois-Ludovic Sauvage and Pierre Marquet -- Qualitative identification of rodenticide anticoagulants by LC-MS/MS / Robert A. Middleberg and Joseph Homan -- Hypoglycemic agent screening by LC-MS/MS / Eric W. Korman, Loralie J. Langman, and Christine L.H. Snozek -- LC-MS/MS method for the detection of common laxatives / Robert A. Middleberg and Joseph Homan -- Simultaneous determination of cyclosporine, sirolimus, and tacrolimus in whole blood using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Uttam Garg, Ada Munar, and C. Clinton Frazee III -- Quantification of tricyclic antidepressants using UPLC-MS/MS / Kamisha L. Johnson-Davis [and others] -- Quantitation of first- and second-generation antipsychotics by LC-MS/MS / Elizabeth R. Kiely and Heather M. Antonides -- Analysis of selected anticonvulsants by high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Jennifer A. Collins and Gregory C. Janis -- Therapeutic drug monitoring of tamoxifen using LC-MS/MS / Simone M. Tchu, Kara L. Lynch, and Alan H.B. Wu.
- 2005 ScienceDirectedited by A.L. Burlingame.Molecular weight determination of peptides and proteins by ESI and MALDI / Kerstin Strupat -- Batch introduction techniques / Connie R. Jiménez -- In-solution digestion of proteins for mass spectrometry / Katalin F. Medzihradszky -- Identification of phosphorylation sites using microimmobilized metal affinity chromatography / Garry L. Corthals, Reudi Aebersold, and David R. Goodlett -- Mapping posttranslational modifications of proteins by MS-based selective detection : application to phosphoproteomics / Steven A. Carr, Roland S. Annan, and Michael J. Huddleston -- Characterization of protein N-glycosylation / Katalin F. Medzihradszky -- Methods in enzymology : O-glycosylation of proteins / Jasna Peter-Katalinić -- Analysis of glycosylphosphatidylinositol protein anchors : the prion protein / Michael A. Baldwin -- Comprehensive mass spectrometric analysis of the 20S proteasome complex / Lan Huang and A.L. Burlingame -- The analysis of multiprotein complexes : the yeast and the human spliceosome as case studies / Gitte Neubauer -- The use of mass spectrometry to identify antigens from proteasome processing / Odile Burlet-Schiltz ... [et al.] -- Glycosphingolipid structural analysis and glycosphingolipidomics / Steven B. Levery -- Mapping bacterial glycolipid complexity using capillary electrophoresis and electrospray mass spectrometry / J. Li ... [et al.]
- 2013 Springer Protocolsedited by Rune Matthiesen.Since the publishing of the first edition, the methodologies and instrumentation involved in the field of mass spectrometry-based proteomics has improved considerably. Fully revised and expanded, Mass Spectrometry Data Analysis in Proteomics, Second Edition presents expert chapters on specific MS-based methods or data analysis strategies in proteomics. The volume covers data analysis topics relevant for quantitative proteomics, post translational modification, HX-MS, glycomics, and data exchange standards, among other topics. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Updated and authoritative, Mass Spectrometry Data Analysis in Proteomics, Second Edition serves as a detailed guide for all researchers seeking to further our knowledge in the field of proteomics.
- 2010 Springer Protocolsedited by Stanislav S. Rubakhin, Jonathan V. Sweedler.Imaging mass spectrometry : viewing the future / Sarah A. Schwartz and Richard M. Caprioli -- A mass spectrometry primer for mass spectrometry imaging / Stanislav S. Rubakhin and Jonathan V. Sweedler -- Imaging of metals, metalloids, and non-metals by laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) in biological tissues / J. Sabine Becker and J. Susanne Becker -- Lipid detection, identification, and imaging single cells with SIMS / Michael L. Heien ... [et al.] -- The application and potential of ion mobility mass spectrometry in imaging MS with a focus on lipids / Amina S. Woods and Shelley N. Jackson -- Quantitative imaging of chemical composition in single cells by secondary ion mass spectrometry : cisplatin affects calcium stores in renal epithelial cells / Subhash Chandra -- Imaging MALDI mass spectrometry of sphingolipids using an oscillating capillary nebulizer matrix application system / Yanfeng Chen ... [et al.] -- Mapping pharmaceuticals in rat brain sections using MALDI imaging mass spectrometry / Yunsheng Hsieh, Fangbiao Li, and Walter A. Korfmacher -- Laser ablation electrospray ionization for atmospheric pressure molecular imaging mass spectrometry / Peter Nemes and Akos Vertes -- Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization and nanoparticle-based imaging mass spectrometry for small metabolites : a practical protocol / Yuki Sugiura and Mitsutoshi Setou -- Cellular imaging using matrix-enhanced and metal-assisted SIMS / A.F. Maarten Altelaar and Sander R. Piersma -- Tandem mass spectrometric methods for phospholipid analysis from brain tissue / Timothy J. Garrett and Richard A. Yost -- Chemical imaging with desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometry / Vilmos Kertesz and Gary J. Van Berkel -- Mass spectrometry imaging of small molecules using matrix-enhanced surface-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry (ME-SALDI-MS) / Qiang Liu, Yongsheng Xiao, and Lin He -- Preparation of single cells for imaging mass spectrometry / Elena S.F. Berman, Susan L. Fortson, and Kristen S. Kulp -- Applying imaging ToF-SIMS and PCA in differentiation of tissue types / Ligang Wu, James S. Felton, and Kuang Jen J. Wu -- Direct molecular analysis of whole-body animal tissue sections by MALDI imaging mass spectrometry / Michelle L. Reyzer ... [et al.] -- MALDI direct analysis and imaging of frozen versus FFPE tissues : what strategy for which sample? / Maxence Wisztorski ... [et al.] -- On tissue protein identification improvement by N-terminal peptide derivatization / Julien Franck ... [et al.] -- Specific MALDI-MSI : TAG-MASS / Jonathan Stauber ... [et al.] -- Structurally selective imaging mass spectrometry by imaging ion mobility-mass spectrometry / John A. McLean, Larissa S. Fenn, and Jeffrey R. Enders -- Tutorial : multivariate statistical treatment of imaging data for clinical biomarker discovery / Sören-Oliver Deininger, Michael Becker, and Detlev Suckau -- Applications of MALDI-MSI to pharmaceutical research / Brendan Prideaux, Dieter Staab, and Markus Stoeckli -- Tissue preparation for the in situ MALDI MS imaging of proteins, lipids, and small molecules at cellular resolution / Nathalie Y.R. Agar ... [et al.] -- Imaging of similar mass neuropeptides in neuronal tissue by enhanced resolution MALDI MS with an ion trap-Orbitrap hybrid instrument / Peter D.E.M. Verhaert ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometric imaging of neuropeptides in decapod crustacean neuronal tissues / Ruibing Chen ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometry imaging using the stretched sample approach / Tyler A. Zimmerman, Stanislav S. Rubakhin, and Jonathan V. Sweedler.
- Measurement procedure comparison and bias estimation using patient samples : approved guideline. 3rd ed.2013Jeffrey R. Budd [and others].Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog RecordThis document addresses the design of measurement procedure comparison experiments using patient samples and subsequent data analysis techniques used to determine the bias between two in vitro diagnostic measurement procedures.
- 2006 Springer Protocolsedited by Wolfram Weckwerth.Metabolite profiling in blood plasma / Oliver Fiehn and Tobias Kind -- Nonsupervised construction and application of mass spectral and retention time index libraries from time-of-flight GC/MS metabolite profiles / Alexander Erban ... [et al.] -- Metabolomic profiling of natural volatiles: head space trapping-GC/MS / Yury M. Tikunov, Francel W. A. Verstappen, and Robert D. Hall -- Integrative profiling of metabolites and proteins: improving pattern recognition and biomarker selection for systems-level approaches / Katja Morgenthal ... [et al.] -- Integrating profiling data: using linear correlation to reveal coregulation of transcript and metabolites / Ewa Urbanczyk-Wochniak, Lothar Willmitzer, and Alisdair R. Fernie -- Visualization and analysis of molecular data / Matthias Scholz and Joachim Selbig -- A gentle guide to the analysis of metabolomic data / Ralf Steuer ... [et al.] -- CE-MS for metabolomics / Tomoyoshi Soga -- Application of LC/MS analysis in metabolomics: reversed-phase monolithic capillary chromatography and hydrophilic chromatography coupled to electrospray ionization mass spectrometry / Vladimir V. Tolstikov, Oliver Fiehn, and Nobuo Tanaka -- HPLC-separations coupled with coulometric-electrode array detectors: a unique approach to metabolomics / Bruce S. Kristal ... [et al.] -- Determination of metabolic flux ratios from 13C-experiments and GC/MS data: protocol and principles / Annik Nanchen, Tobias Fuhrer, and Uwe Sauer -- Understanding the roadmap of metabolism by pathway analysis / Stefan Schuster, Axel von Kamp, and Mikhail Pachkov -- Revealing the metabolome of animal tissues using 1H NMR spectroscopy / Mark R. Viant -- NMR metabonomics: methods for drug discovery and development / Karl-Heinz Ott and Nelly Aranibar.
- edited by James F. Riordan, Bert L. Vallee.Also available: Print – 1988
- edited by James F. Riordan, Bert L. Vallee.Also available: Print – 1991
- Metallobiochemistry. Part C, Spectroscopic and physical methods for probing metal ion environmentals in metalloenzymes and metalloproteinsScienceDirectedited by James F. Riordan and Bert L. Vallee.Also available: Print – 1993
- Metallobiochemistry. Part D, Physical and spectroscopic methods for probing metal ion environments in metalloproteinsScienceDirectedited by James Riordan and Bert Vallee.Also available: Print – 1993
- 2008 CRCnetBASEedited by Phillip Stafford.A comprehensive analysis of the effect of microarray data preprocessing methods on differentially expressed transcript selection -- Differentiation detection in microarray normalization -- Preprocessing and normalization for Affymetrix GeneChip expression microarrays -- Spatial detrending and normalization methods for two-channel DNA and protein microarray data -- A survey of cDNA microarray normalization and a comparison by k-NN classification -- Technical variation in modeling the joint expression of several genes -- Biological interpretation for microarray normalization selection -- Methodology of functional analysis for omics data normalization -- Exon array analysis for the detection of alternative splicing -- Normalization of array CGH data -- SNP array-based analysis for the detection of chromosomal aberrations and copy number variations.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2007 Springer Protocolsedited by Michael J. Korenberg.
- 2006 Springeredited by Simone Mocellin.Manufacturing of microarrays -- Technological platforms for microarray gene expression profiling -- Principles of gene microarray data analysis -- Gaining weights ... and feeling good about it! -- Complementary techniques -- Microarrays for cancer diagnosis and classification -- Gene profiling for the prediction of tumor response to treatment: the case of immunotherapy -- Identification of molecular determinants of tumor sensitivity and resistance to anticancer drugs -- SNP and mutation analysis -- Cancer development and progression -- Gene expression profiling in malignant lymphomas -- Tumor immunology.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2005 Springer Protocolsedited by Thomas O. Joos, Paolo Fortina.
- v. 1-2, 2007. Springer Protocolsv.2, 2009 Springer Protocolsedited by Jang B. Rampal.v. 1. Synthesis methods -- v. 2. Applications and data analysis.
- 2007 Springer Protocolsedited by Pierre N. Floriano.Microchip electrophoresis for DNA separation by wire-imprinted microchannels on PMMA substrates / Shu-Hui Chen -- Fabrication of porous polymer monoliths in microfluidic chips for selective nucleic acid concentration and purification / Jay A.A. West and Brent C. Satterfield -- Rapid electrical lysis of bacterial cells in a microfluidic device / Hsiang-Yu Wang ... [et al.] -- On-chip bioassay using immobilized sensing bacteria in three-dimensional microfluidic network / Hirofumi Tani, Koji Maehana, and Tamio Kamidate -- Microchip-based enumeration of human white blood cells / Pierre Floriano ... [et al.] -- Microchip for the diagnosis of cervical cancer / Anja Gulliksen and Frank Karlsen -- DNA microchips toward molecular signatures in cervical cancers / Yick F. Wong ... [et al.] -- Impedimetric detection for DNA hybridization within microfluidic biochips / Louise Lingerfelt ... [et al.] -- Applications of functional protein microarrays: identifying protein/protein interactions in an array format / Matthew A. Coleman ... [et al.] -- A microchip-based assay for interleukin-6 / Nicolaos Christodoulides ... [et al.] -- Allergen microarrays for the diagnosis of specific IgE against components of cow milk and hen egg in a multiplex biochip-based immunoassay / Christian Harwanegg, Sabine Hutter, and Reinhard Hiller -- Surface plasmon resonance imaging on polypyrrole protein chips: application to streptavidin immobilization and immunodetection / Emilie Mercey ... [et al.] -- Protein array-based multiplexed cytokine assays / Cheng C. Wang -- Lectin microarrays for glycoprotein analysis / Lara K. Mahal and Kanoelani Pilobello -- Interaction of HIV RNA with peptides detected by acoustic shear wave sensor operated in an on-line format / Anil Deisingh ... [et al.] -- Microchip-based electrochemical enzyme immunoassays / Madhu Prakash Chatrathi, Greg Collins, and Joseph Wang.
- 2006 Springer Protocolsedited by Charles S. Henry.
- 2015 Springer Protocolsedited by Ann Van Schpdael.An overview of the use of microchips in electrophoretic separation techniques : fabrication, separation modes, sample preparation opportunities, and on-chip detection / Stijn Hendrickx, Wim de Malsche, and Deirdre Cabooter -- Microchip electrophoresis for fast and interference-free determination of trace amounts of glyphosate and glufosinate residues in agricultural products / Xuan Wei and Qiaosheng Pu -- Microchip capillary electrophoresis of nitrite and nitrate in cerebrospinal fluid / Marián Masár, Róbert Bodor, and Peter Troška -- Analysis of thiols by microchip capillary electrophoresis for in situ planetary investigations / Maria F. Mora, Amanda M. Stockton, and Peter A. Willis -- Analysis of ofloxacin in ofloxacin ear drops by microfluidic chip coupled with contactless conductivity detection / Bing Chen and Kaicheng Li -- Microchip capillary electrophoresis : quantum dots and paramagnetic particles for bacteria immunoseparation / Sona Krizkova [and 6 others] -- Fast high-throughput screening of H1N1 virus by parallel detection with multichannel microchip electrophoresis / Peng Zhang [and three others] -- Sex identification of ancient DNA samples using microfluidic device / Kristy J. Shaw [and three others] -- Fast and continuous-flow detection and separation of DNA complexes and DNA in nanofluidic chip format / Martina Viefhues, Jan Regtmeier, and Dario Anselmetti -- Multidimensional microchip-capillary electrophoresis device for determination of functional proteins in infant milk formula / Ruige Wu, Ahiping Wang, and Ying Sing Fung -- Fast assembly of anti-voltage photonic crystals in microfluidic channels for ultrafast separation of amino acids and peptides / Yi Chen, Tao Liao, and Can Hu -- Rapid determination of catecholamines in urine samples by nonaqueous microchip electrophoresis with LIF detection / Hongmei Hu, Yuanming Guo, and Tiejun Li -- Carbon nanotube-based separation columns for microchip electrochromatography / K. B. Mogensen, B. Delacourt, and J. P. Kutter -- Electrochromatography on acrylate-based monolith in cyclic olefin copolymer microchip : an attractive technology / Y. Ladner, G. Cretier, and K. Faure -- On-chip electromembrane extraction for monitoring drug metabolism in real time by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry / Nickolaj J. Petersen, Henrik Jensen, and Stig Pedersen-Bjergaard -- Sample preparation for N-glycosylation analysis of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies by electrophoresis / Ákos Szekrényes [and 5 others].
- 1982-author, Roger E. Schirmer.Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog Record
- 2006 Springer Protocolsedited by Dobrin Nedelkov and Randall W. Nelson.On-chip protein synthesis for making microarrays / Niroshan Ramachandran ... [et al.] -- RCA-enhanced protein detection arrays / Brian B. Haab and Paul M. Lizardi -- Antibody microarrays using resonance light-scattering particles for detection / Bernhard H. Geierstanger, Petri Saviranta, and Achim Brinker -- Chemical proteomics profiling of proteasome activity / Martijn Verdoes ... [et al.] -- Two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Terence L. Wu -- Oligomeric states of proteins determined by size-exclusion chromatography coupled with light scattering, absorbance, and refractive index detectors / Ewa Folta-Stogniew -- Surface plasmon resonance imaging measurements of protein interactions with biopolymer microarrays / Terry T. Goodrich ... [et al.] -- Surface plasmon resonance mass spectrometry for protein analysis / Dobrin Nedelkov and Randall W. Nelson -- High-throughput affinity mass spectrometry / Urban A. Kiernan ... [et al.] -- Isotope-coded affinity tags for protein quantification / Christopher M. Colangelo and Kenneth R. Williams -- Proteomic analysis by multidimensional protein identification technology / Laurence Florens and Michael P. Washburn -- Isolation of glycoproteins and identification of their N-linked glycosylation sites / Hui Zhang and Ruedi Aebersold -- N-Glycosylation analysis using the StrOligo algorithm / Martin Ethier, Daniel Foigeys, and Hélène Perreault -- MALDI-MS data analysis for disease biomarker discovery / Weichuan Yu ... [et al.] -- Using the global proteome machine for protein identification / Ronald C. Beavis.
- Peter M. Eller, editor.Also available: Print – v. 1-2, 1984.
- 2006 CRCnetBASEedited by Qiang Cui, Ivet Bahar.
- 2008Mark Reimers.Prof. Mark Reimers covers the best ways to design and interpret microarray gene expression experiments, including experiment design, pre-processing, exploratory analysis, normalization and statistical testing.
- 2014 Springer Protocolsedited by Jesus V. Jorrin-Novo, Setsuko Komatsu, Wolfram Weckwerth and Stefanie WienKoop.Plant Proteomics Methods and Protocols -- From Proteomics to Systems Biology: MAPA, MASS WESTERN, PROMEX and COVAIN as a User-Oriented Platform -- Plant Proteomics: From Genome Sequencing to Proteome Databases and Repositories -- How to Use 2D Gel Electrophoresis in Plant Proteomics -- Standarization of Data Processing and Statistical Analysis in a 2-DE-Based Comparative Plant Proteomics Experiment -- The Expanding Universe of Mass Analyzer Configurations for Biological Analysis -- A Protocol for Protein Extraction from Lipid-Rich Plant Tissues Suitable for Electrophoresis -- Making a Protein Extract in Plant Pathogenic Fungi for Gel- and LC-Based Proteomics -- Plant Proteomics Methods to Reach Low-Abundance Proteins -- Combination of 2DE and LC for Plant Proteomics Analysis -- 2DE Analysis of Forest Tree Proteins Using Fluorescent Labels and Multiplexing -- Differential Plant Proteome Analysis by Isobaric Tags for Relative and Absolute Quantitation (iTRAQ) -- Global Quantitative Proteomics Using Spectral Counting: An Inexpensive Experimental and Bioinformatics Workflow for Deep Proteome Coverage -- Combining Chymotrypsin/trypsin Digestion to Identify Hydrophobic Proteins from Oil Bodies -- Mass Western for Absolute Quantification of Target Proteins and Considerations About the Instrument of Choice -- Selected Reaction Monitoring Mass Spectrometry: A Methodology Overview -- Mass Spectrometry Based Imaging of Metabolites and Proteins -- Using the Yeast Two-Hybrid System to Identify Protein-Protein Interactions -- Modifications of Wheat Germ Cell-Free System for Functional Proteomics of Plant Membrane Proteins -- Arabidopsis Proteomics: A Simple and Standardizable Workflow for Quantitative Proteome Characterization -- Analysis of Rice Proteins Using SDS-PAGE Shotgun Proteomics -- Medicago truncatula Proteomics for Systems Biology: Novel Rapid Shotgun LC-MS Approach for Relative Quantification Based on Full-Scan Selective Peptide Extraxtion (Selpex) -- Soybean Proteomics -- Proteome Analysis of Orphan Plant Species, Fact or Fiction? -- An Improved Detergent-Compatible Gel-Fractionation LC-LTQ-Orbitrap-MS Workflow for Plant and Microbial Proteomics -- Seed Proteomics -- Back to Osborne. Sequential Protein Extraction and LC-MS for Characterization of the Seed Proteome -- Xylem Sap Proteomics -- Suspension Cultured-Plant Cells as a Tool to Analyze the Extracellular Proteome -- Pollen Cultivation and Preparation for Proteome Studies -- Isolation of the Plant Cytosolic Fraction for Proteomic Analysis -- Quantitative Proteomic Analysis of Intact Plastids -- Shotgun Proteomics of Plant Plasma Membrane and Microdomain Proteins Using Nano-LC-MS/MS -- Plant Mitochondrial Proteomics -- Separation of the Plant Golgi Apparatus and Endoplasmic Reticulum by Free-Flow Electrophoresis -- Isolation of Leaf Peroxisomes from Arabidopsis for Organelle Proteomics Analyses -- Proteomics of Field Samples, the Case of the Chernobyl Area -- Differential Proteome and Secretome Analysis During Rice-Pathogen Interaction -- Protein Extraction and Gel-Based Separation Methods to Analyse Responses to Pathogens in Carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus L) -- StageTip-Based HAMMOC, an Efficient and Inexpensive Phosphopeptide Enrichment Method for Plant Shotgun Phosphoproteomics -- Simultaneous Identification and Quantification of Nitrosylation Sites by Combination of Biotin Switch and ICAT Labeling -- Tandem Metal-Oxide Affinity Chromatography for Enhanced Depth of Phosphoproteome Analysis -- N-Glycoprotein Enrichment by Lectin Affinity Chromatography -- Rapid and High-Throughput N-glycomic Analysis of Plant Glycoproteins -- Assay for Proteasome-Dependent Protein Degradation and Ubiquitinated Proteins -- Separation of Membrane Protein Complexes by Native LDS-PAGE -- Identification of Thioredoxin Target Disulfides Using Isotope-Coded Affinity Tags -- Class III Peroxidases -- Proteotyping of Holm oak (Quercus ilex subsp. ballota) Provenances Through Proteomic Analysis of Acorn Flour -- Immunoproteomics Analysis of Food Allergens -- Beer and Wort Proteomics -- Precipitation of Champagne Base Wine Proteins Prior 2D Electrophoresis -- The Minimal Information About a Proteomics Experiment (MIAPE) from the Proteomics Standards Initiative.
- 2011 Springer Protocolsedited by Dermot Walls and Sinéad T. Loughran.A digest of protein purification -- Gel-filtration chromatography -- Immunoaffinity chromatography -- Avoiding proteolysis during protein chromatography -- Scale-up of protein purification : Downstream processing issues -- Phage display : A powerful technology for the generation of high specificity affinity reagents from alternative immune sources -- Engineering protein stability -- Microfluidics in protein chromatography -- Tagging recombinant proteins to enhance solubility and aid purification -- Storage and lyophilisation of pure proteins -- Differential precipitation and solubilization of proteins -- Ion-exchange chromatography : Basic principles and application to the partial purification of soluble mammalian prolyl oligopeptidase -- Protein quantitation and analysis of purity -- Purification of proteins fused to glutathione S-transferase -- Purification of proteins fused to maltose-binding protein -- Purification of proteins from baculovirus-infected insect cells -- Purification of poly-histidine-tagged proteins -- Immobilized metal affinity chromatography/reversed-phase enrichment of phosphopeptides and analysis by cid/etd tandem mass spectrometry -- Tag removal by site-specific cleavage of recombinant fusion proteins -- Purification of antibodies using affinity chromatography -- Optimized generation of high-affinity, high-specificity single-chain Fv antibodies from multiantigen immunized chickens -- Measuring protein-protein interactions using biacore -- Ultra-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry of proteins -- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography -- Fast protein liquid chromatography -- Shotgun proteomics : A qualitative approach applying isoelectric focusing on immobilized pH gradient and LC-MS/MS -- Shotgun proteomics : A relative quantitative approach using off-gel electrophoresis and LC-MS/MS -- Clinical proteomics : Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry purification systems -- Strategies for the purification of membrane proteins -- A multi-step chromatographic strategy to purify three fungal endo-[beta]-glucanases.
- 2013 Springer Protocolsedited by Mark A. Williams, Tina Daviter.Protein-ligand interactions : fundamentals / Mark A. Williams -- Protein sample characterization / Tina Daviter and Remi Fronzes -- Measurement of protein-ligand complex formation / Peter N. Lowe, Cara K. Vaughan, and Tina Daviter -- Isothermal titration calorimetry for studying protein-ligand interactions / Luminita Damian -- Rapid mixing kinetic techniques / Stephen R. Martin and Maria J. Schilstra -- Protein-ligand interactions using SPR systems / Asa Frostell, Lena Vinterback, and Hans Sjobom -- Fluorescence techniques in analysis of protein-ligand interactions / Gabor Mocz and Justin A. Ross -- Circular and linear dichroism spectroscopy for the study of protein-ligand interactions / Tina Daviter, Nikola Chmel, and Alison Rodger -- Analyzing protein-ligand interactions by dynamic NMR spectroscopy / Anthony Mittermaier and Erick Meneses -- Studying metal ion-protein interactions : electronic absorption, circular dichroism, and electron paramagnetic resonance / Liliana Quintanar and Lina Rivillas-Acevedo -- Monitoring protein-ligand interactions by time-resolved FTIR difference spectroscopy / Carsten Kotting and Klaus Gerwert -- Biophysical methods in drug discovery from small molecule to pharmaceutical / Geoffrey Holdgate [and others] -- Biophysical screening for the discovery of small-molecule ligands / Alessio Ciulli -- Screening protein-small molecule interactions by NMR / Ben Davis -- Model membrane systems / Heiko Keller, Remigiusz Worch, and Petra Schwille -- Quantitative fluorescence co-localization to study protein-receptor complexes / Shanica N. Pompey, Peter Michaely, and Katherine Luby-Phelps -- Studying protein-ligand interactions using X-ray crystallography / Andrew P. Turnbull and Paul Emsley -- Molecular fields in ligand discovery / Paul J. Gane and A.W. Edith Chan -- Structure-based virtual screening for novel ligands / William R. Pitt [and others].
- 2009 Springeredited by John M. Walker.Quantitation of proteins -- Electrophoresis of proteins and peptides and detection in gels -- Blotting and detection methods -- Chemical modification of proteins and peptide production and purification -- Posttranslational modifications -- Antibody techniques.
- 2013 ScienceDirect[edited by] Pawel Ciborowski, Jerzy Silberring.This book is designed to help scientists without a strong background in analytical chemistry to understand basic analytical principles so they can apply them to proteomics profiling. It will also help researchers with an analytical chemistry background to break into the proteomics field. The title focuses on practical applications for proteomic research so readers are guided to design better experiments and to more easily interpret the resulting data. Bridges the gap between overly specialized courses and books in mass spectrometry, proteomics and analytical chemistryCovers the analytical consequences of protein and peptide modifications that may have a profound effect on how and what researchers actually measure; other books do not discuss such issuesIncludes real life examples illustrating the importance of problems in quantitation and validation of biomarkers from the perspective of analytical chemistry with additional references to other sources Helps in designing and executing proteomic experiments with sound analytics.
- 2006 Springer Protocolsedited by Salvatore Sechi.Acrylamide: a cysteine alkylating reagent for quantitative proteomics / Illarion V. Turko and Salvatore Sechi -- Using stable isotope tagging and mass spectrometry to characterize protein complexes and to detect changes in their composition / Jeffrey A. Ranish, Marjorie Brand, and Ruedi Aebersold -- Stable isotope labeling by amino acids in cell culture for quantitative proteomics / Shao-En Ong and Matthias Mann -- Quantitative proteomics of mouse brain and specific protein-interaction studies using stable isotope labeling / Toshitaka Sato, Yasushi Ishihama, and Yoshiya Oda -- The absolute quantification strategy: application to phosphorylation profiling of human separase serine 1126 / Scott A. Gerber ... [et al.] -- Quantification of proteins and metabolites by mass spectrometry without isotopic labeling / Sushmita Mimi Roy and Christopher H. Becker -- The use of a quantitative cysteinyl-peptide enrichment technology for high-throughput quantitative proteomics / Tao Liu ... [et al.] -- An isotope coding strategy for proteomics involving both amine and carboxyl group labeling / Fred E. Regnier -- Proteolytic labeling with 18O for comparative proteomics studies: preparation of 18O-labeled peptides and the 18O/16O peptide mixture / Catherine Fenselau and Xudong Yao -- Tandem mass spectrometry in the detection of inborn errors of metabolism for newborn screening / František Tureček, C. Ronald Scott, and Michael H. Gelb -- Absolute quantification of specific proteins in complex mixtures using visible isotope-coded affinity tags / Yu Lu ... [et al.] -- Computational analysis of quantitative proteomics data using stable isotope labeling / Michael J. MacCoss and Christine C. Wu -- Quantitative proteomic analysis of mammalian organisms using metabolically labeled tissues / Christine C. Wu, and Michael J. MacCoss -- Quantitative proteomic analysis of phosphotyrosine-mediated cellular signaling networks / Yi Zhang, Alejandro Wolf-Yadlin, and Forest M. White.
- 2010 SpringerChris D. Geddes, editor.
- 2012 SpringerChris D. Geddes, editor.
- 2010 ScienceDirectedited by Nils G. Walter.Star polymer surface passivation for single-molecule detection / Jürgen Groll and Martin Moeller -- Azide-specific labeling of biomolecules by Staudinger-Bertozzi ligation: phosphine derivatives of fluorescent probes suitable for single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy / Anirban Chakraborty ... [et al.] -- Preparation of fluorescent pre-mRNA substrates for an smFRET study of pre-mRNA splicing in yeast / John Abelson, Haralambos Hadjivassiliou and Christine Guthrie -- Nanovesicle trapping for studying weak protein interactions by single-molecule FRET / Jaime J. Benítez, Aaron M. Keller and Peng Chen -- Droplet confinement and fluorescence measurement of single molecules / Lori S. Goldner, Ana M. Jofre and Jianyong Tang -- Single-molecule fluorescence spectroscopy using phospholipid bilayer nanodiscs / Abhinav Nath ... [et al.] -- Single-molecule spectroscopy using microfluidic platforms / Samuel Kim and Richard N. Zare -- Detection of protein-protein interactions in the live cell plasma membrane by quantifying prey redistribution upon bait micropatterning / Julian Weghuber ... [et al.] -- Analysis of complex single-molecule FRET time trajectories / Mario Blanco and Nils G. Walter -- Single-molecule fluorescence studies of intrinsically disordered proteins / Allan Chris M. Ferreon ... [et al.] -- Measuring the energetic coupling of tertiary contacts in RNA folding using single molecule fluorescence resonance energy transfer / Max Greenfield and Daniel Herschlag -- A highly purified, fluorescently labeled in vitro translation system for single-molecule studies of protein synthesis / Jingyi Fei ... [et al.] -- Watching individual proteins acting on single molecules of DNA / Ichiro Amitani ... [et al.] -- DNA curtains for high-throughput single-molecule optical imaging / Eric C. Greene ... [et al.] -- Scanning FCS for the characterization of protein dynamics in live cells / Zdenĕk Petrás̆ek, Jonas Ries and Petra Schwille -- Observing protein interactions and their stoichiometry in living cells by brightness analysis of fluorescence fluctuation experiments / Yan Chen ... [et al.] -- Detection of individual endogenous RNA transcripts in situ using multiple singly labeled probes / Arjin Raj and Sanjay Tyagi -- Single mRNA tracking in live cells / Hye Yoon Park, Adina R. Buxbaum and Robert H. Singer -- Single-molecule sequencing: sequence methods to enable accurate quantitation / Christopher Hart ... [et al.] -- Real-time DNA sequencing from single polymerase molecules / Jonas Korlach ... [et al.].Also available: Print – 2010
- Single molecule tools. Part B, Super-resolution, particle tracking, multiparameter, and force based methods. 1st ed.2010 ScienceDirectedited by Nils G. Walter.Also available: Print – 2010
- v. 1-6, 2006. Springerv. 2, 2006 Springerv. 3, 2006 Springerv. 4, 2006 Springerv. 5, 2006 Springerv. 6, 2006 Springeredited by Viqar Uddin Ahmad and Anwer Basha.v. 1. Cholestanes, ergostanes, withanolides, stigmastane -- v. 2. Stigmastanes, furostanes, spirtostanes-- v. 3. Spirostanes, bufanolides, cardenolides-- v. 4. Cardenolides and pregnanes -- v. 5. Pregnanes, androstanes, and miscellaneous -- v. 6. Miscellaneous steroids and indexes.
- 2008 Springeredited by Ute Resch-Genger.
- 2010John Vincent Mulcahy.Voltage-gated sodium ion channels are integral membrane proteins most commonly associated with the propagation of action potentials along electrically conducting cells. Nine distinct mammalian isoforms exist, which vary in their primary sequence, gating properties and tissue distribution. Efforts to deconvolute the physiological roles of each isoform through genetic methods, including knockout and gene silencing, are complicated by issues of redundancy and compensatory upregulation of related isoforms. Here we present new strategies and methods for the synthesis of a class of small molecule sodium channel inhibitors, the paralytic shellfish poisons. Methods for the construction of cyclic 5-membered guanidines from acyclic precursors through intramolecular C--H amination and a total synthesis of the paralytic shellfish poison (+)-gonyautoxin 3 are described. It is our vision that these developments will ultimately lead to new small molecule probes designed to help answer fundamental questions regarding sodium ion channel structure and diversity.
- edited by Leon W. Cunningham.
- 2007 Springeredited by Harren Jhoti, Andrew R. Leach.
- edited by William B. Jakoby, Owen W. Griffith.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEedited by Gregory K. Webster.The SFC market : "yesterday, today, and tomorrow" -- The use of SFC in discovery sciences -- Qualification of SFC hardware and validation of systems -- Method development for achiral SFC -- Achiral preparative supercritical fluid chromatography -- Supercritical fluid chromatography for chiral method development screening and analysis -- Chiral preparative supercritical fluid chromatography -- SFC in process analytical chemistry -- Analytical SFC for impurities -- Supercritical fluid chromatography -- mass spectrometry -- Supercritical fluid chromatography of natural products -- Polarimetric detection in supercritical fluid chromatography -- Supercritical fluid chromatography with ultra-performance particles -- Pilot and production-scale supercritical fluid chromatography.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEeditors, Lukasz Komsta, Monika Waksmundzka-Hajnos, Joseph Sherma.
- 2008 Springer protocolsedited by Brian C.-S. Liu and Joshua R. Ehrlich.Capabilities using 2-D DIGE in proteomics research : the new gold standard for 2-D gel electrophoresis / Christine R. Rozanas and Stacey M. Loyland -- Protein carbohydrate analysis : gel-based staining, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and microarray screening / Injae Shin, Alina D. Zamfir, and Bin Ye -- Surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry for protein and peptide profiling of body fluids / Audrey Gagnon, Qian Shi, and Bin Ye -- A novel approach using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and prestructured sample supports (AnchorChip technology) for proteomic profiling and protein identification / Sau-Mei Leung and Rebecca L. Pitts -- Automated laser capture microdissection for tissue proteomics / Adrianna S. Rodriguez ... [et al.] -- Tissue microarrays : an overview / Rajiv Dhir -- Frozen protein arrays / Stephen M. Hewitt and Robert A. Star -- Reverse phase protein microarrays for theranostics and patient-tailored therapy / Virginia Espina ... [et al.] -- Antibody arrays for determination of relative protein abundances / Grigoriy S. Chaga -- SH2 domain-based tyrosine phosphorylation array / Xin Jiang ... [et al.] -- Immunoregulomics : a serum autoantibody-based platform for transcription factor profiling / Oliver W. Tassinari ... [et al.] -- The "reverse capture" autoantibody microarray : an innovative approach to profiling the autoantibody response to tissue-derived native antigens / Joshua R. Ehrlich ... [et al.] -- Biorepository standards and protocols for collecting, processing, and storing human tissues / Dean Troyer.
- 2010Justin David Litchfield.Several methods of examining the structure and function of voltage-gated ion channels are described. The first part of this work involves synthetic small molecules based on the structure of (+)-saxitoxin, a marine neurotoxin. (+)-saxitoxin interacts with the pore of the voltage-gated sodium (NaV ) channel to prevent the passage of ions. A scaffold was designed to be modular, synthetically facile, and contain the functionality that had been implicated in the previous literature. Several members of this family of molecules were produced, and they were assayed for occlusion of sodium current (INa). The second part of this work examines the gating kinetics of voltage-gated potassium (KV) channels. 6-bromo-mercaptotryptamine (BrMT) is a marine neurotoxin that has been shown to alter the gating kinetics of KV channels. Specifically, BrMT affects the early, typically independent steps of KV gating by stabilizing the resting state of some number of the subunits. A family of small molecules was designed and synthesized that would examine the functional effects of different parts of the BrMT molecule. BrMT is a dimer containing three key functional groups: a halogenated indole, a pendant ethyl-amine, and a disulfide linker. Variance at all these positions was examined, and each had different effects. Notably, one of the variants, in which the disulfide linker was substituted for an oxy-bismethyl ether linker, affects KV gating in a different way from BrMT. Alternate models of gating in the presence of this novel analog are discussed.
- 2015 Springer Protocolsedited by Biji T. Kurien, R. Hal Scofield.Early days of blotting / Edwin Southern -- Origins of protein blotting / Harry Towbin -- Western blotting : remembrance of things past / W. Neal Burnette -- Simian virus 40 and protein transfer / Jaime Renart -- Western blotting : an introduction / Biji T. Kurien and R. Hal Scofield -- From little helpers to automation / Biji T. Kurien and Harry Towbin -- Spectrophotometric methods to determine protein concentration / J. P. Dean Goldring -- Solubilization of proteins : the importance of lysis buffer choice / Mandy Peach [and three others] -- Simultaneous immunoblotting analysis with activity gel electrophoresis and 2-D gel electrophoresis / Der-Yen Lee and Geen-Dong Chang -- Diffusion blotting : a rapid and simple method for production of multiple blots from a single gel / Ingrid Olsen and Harald G. Wiker -- Multiple immunoblots by passive diffusion of proteins from a single SDS-PAGE gel / Biji T. Kurien and R. Hal Scofield -- Slice blotting / Graeme Lowe -- Localizing proteins by tissue printing / Rafael F. Pont-Lezica -- Dot-immunobinding assay (Dot-Iba) / Sumi Surendran, Annamma Mathai, and Vishnampet Venkataraman Radhakrishnan -- Analysis of antibody clonotype by affinity immunoblotting / Biji T. Kurien and R. Hal Scofield -- Glycosaminoglycan blotting and detection after electrophoresis separation / Nicola Volpi and Francesca Maccari -- Well-based reverse-phase protein array of formalin- fixed paraffin-embedded tissue / Joon-Yong Chung and Stephen M. Hewitt -- Quantitative computerized western blotting in detail / Dalit Talmi-Frank, Charles L. Jaffe, and Gad Baneth -- Cationic electrophoresis and eastern blotting / Engelbert Buxbaum -- Miniaturized blotting system for simultaneous detection of different autoantibodies / Ulrich Canzler [and eight others] -- Proteomic expressional profiling of a paraffin-embedded tissue by multiplex tissue immunoblotting / Joon-Yong Chungand Stephen M. Hewitt -- Post-staining electroblotting for efficient and reliable peptide blotting / Der-Yen Lee and Geen-Dong Chang -- Multistrip western blotting : a tool for comparative quantitative analysis of multiple proteins / Edita Aksamitiene, Jan B. Hoek, and Anatoly Kiyatkin -- Western blotting using PVDF membranes and its downstream applications / Setsuko Komatsu -- Blotting from phastGel to membranes by ultrasound / Joseph Kost and Aharon Azagury -- Western blotting of high and low molecular weight proteins using heat / Biji T. Kurien and R. Hal Scofield -- Membrane strip affinity purification of autoantibodies / Biji T. Kurien -- Strip immunoblotting of multiple antigenic peptides / Biji T. Kurien -- Double-blotting : a solution to the problem of nonspecific binding of secondary antibodies in immunoblotting procedures / Françoise Lasne -- Method for resolution and western blotting of very large proteins using agarose electrophoresis / Marion L. Greaser and Chad M. Warren -- Immunodetection of P-selectin using an antibody to its C-terminal tag / Padmaja Mehta-D'souza -- Improvements and variants of the multiple antigen blot assay-MABA : an immunoenzymatic technique for simultaneous antigen and antibody screening / Oscar Noya [and six others] -- Blotting from immobilized pH gradient gels : application to total cell lysates / Harry Towbin -- Immunoprecipitation : western blot for proteins of low abundance / Edward P. Trieu and Ira N. Targoff -- Native electrophoresis and western blot analysis (NEWeB) : methods and applications / Ioannis N. Manoussopoulos and Mina Tsagris -- Shift-western blotting : separate analysis of protein and DNA from protein-DNA complexes / Matthias Harbers -- Grid-immunoblotting / Olga Yeliosof and R. Hal Scofield -- Detection and quantification of protein-protein interactions by far-western blotting / Joshua A. Jadwin, Bruce J. Mayer, and Kazuya Machida -- Western blot analysis of adhesive interactions under fluid shear conditions : the blot rolling assay / Robert Sackstein and Robert Fuhlbrigge -- Centrifuge blotting / Jinny Paul -- Blotting of coomassie blue-stained proteins from PAGE gels to transparencies / Jinny Paul -- B-cell ELISPOT : for the identification of antigen-specific antibody-secreting cells / Hemangi B. Shah and Kristi A. Koelsch -- T cell ELISPOT : for the identification of specific cytokine-secreting T cells / Kerry M. Leehan and Kristi A. Koelsch -- Membrane microplates for one- and two-color ELISPOT and FLUOROSPOT assays / Alexander E. Kalyuzhny -- SDS-PAGE to immunoblot in one hour / Biji T. Kurien [and three others] -- Single-cell western blotting / Syed M. S. Quadri -- Protein detection by simple western analysis / Valerie M. Harris -- Western blotting using microfluidics / Pothur R. Srinivas -- Two-dimensional gel-based protein standardization verified by western blot analysis / Hisao Haniu [and three others] -- Fingerprint deposition on nitrocellulose and polyvinylidene difluoride membranes using alkaline phosphatase / Biji T. Kurien, Debashish Danda, and R. Hal Scofield -- Other notable protein blotting methods : a brief review / Biji T. Kurien and R. Hal Scofield.
- 2008 Springeredited by Chris D. Geddes.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed Plus is a clinical information resource used to answer questions quickly at the point-of-care. Easy-to-interpret Levels of Evidence help clinicians rapidly determine the quality of the available evidence. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialties.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.