Books by Subject
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Centrosome .............................
- Chemical genomics ......................
- — Kinetochore ............................
- Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive ...
- — Protein misfolding, aggregation, and ...
- Protein phosphorylation in aging and ...
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive biology 2013, Springer
- Lab-on-chips for cellomics 2004, Springer
- Laboratory methods in cell biology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectCell biology spans among the widest diversity of methods in the biological sciences. From physical chemistry to microscopy, cells have given up with secrets only when the questions are asked in the right way! This new volume of Methods in Cell Biology covers laboratory methods in cell biology, and includes methods that are among the most important and elucidating in the discipline, such as transfection, cell enrichment and magnetic batch separation. Covers the most important laboratory methods in cell biology Chapters written by experts in their fields.
- Laboratory methods in cell biology. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirectStructural dynamics of nucleic acids by single-molecule FRET / Asger Christian Krüger, Lasse Lava Hildebrandt, Sofie Louise Kragh, Victoria Birkedal -- Visualizing the location and the dynamics of gene expression in living animals through bioluminescence imaging / Xiaojuan Chen -- Quality control protocol for confocal system / Anda Cornea -- Electron microscopy of bone / V. Everts, K.A. Hoeben -- Immunostaining : detection of signaling protein location in tissues, cells and subcellular compartments / Biswanath Maity, David Sheff, Rory A. Fisher -- Bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) analysis of protein-protein interaction : how to calculate signal-to-noise ratio / Yutaka Kodama, Chang-Deng Hu -- Immunohistochemical detection of neuropeptides/transmitters in mammalian brain / Lothar Jennes -- Intravital imaging of autoreactive T. cells in living animals / Naoto Kawakami, Ingo Bartholomäus, Marija Pesic, Nikolaos I. Kyratsous -- Genetically encoded click chemistry for single-molecule FRET of proteins / Swati Tyagi, Edward A. Lemke -- High-throughput methods for the detection of protein overexpression using fluorescence markers / Mads Gabrielsen, Andrew J. Roe, Karen McLuskey -- Correlative microscopy / Alexander A. Mironov, Galina V. Beznoussenko -- Stereology of the lung / Jan Philipp Schneider, Matthias Ochs -- Quantitative 3D cell-based assay performed with cellular spheroids and fluorescence microscopy / Nariman Ansari, Stefanie Müller, Ernst H.K. Stelzer, Francesco Pampaloni -- Optimizing fluorescence excitation and detection for intravital two-photon microscopy / Dan Suan, Henry R. Hampton, Michio Tomura, Osami Kanagawa, Tatyana Chtanova, Tri Giang Phan -- Two-dimensional crystallization by dialysis for structural studies of membrane proteins by the cryo-EM method electron crystallography / Matthew C. Johnson, Ingeborg Schmidt-Krey -- In situ hybridization / Chung-Jui Tsai, Scott A. Harding -- RNA imaging : tracking in real-time RNA transport in neurons using molecular beacons and confocal microscopy / Angélica Zepeda, Clorinda Arias, Fabian Flores-Jasso, Luis Vaca.
- Lactoferrin and its role in wound healing 2012, Springer
- Light microscopy 2011, Springer ProtocolsGlycol methacrylate embedding for improved morphological, morphometrical, and immunohistochemical investigations under light microscopy : testes as a model /Hélio Chiarini-Garcia, Gleydes Gambogi Parreira, and Fernanda R.C.L. Almeida --Histological processing of teeth and periodontal tissues for light microscopy analysis /Gerluza Aparecida Borges Silva, Adriana Moreira, and José Bento Alves --Large plant samples: how to process for GMA embedding /Élder Antônio Sousa Paiva, Sheila Zambello de Pinho, and Denise Maria Trombert Oliveira --Image cytometry : nuclear and chromosomal DNA quantification /Carlos Roberto Carvalho, Wellington Ronildo Clarindo, and Isabella Santiago Abreu --Histological approaches to study tissue parasitism during the experimental Trypanosoma cruzi infection /Daniela L. Fabrino, Grazielle A. Ribeiro, Livia Teixeira, and Rossana C.N. Melo --Intravital microscopy to study leukocyte recruitment in vivo /Vanessa Pinho ... [et al.] --Introduction to fluorescence microscopy /Ionita C. Ghiran --Using the fluorescent styryl dye FM1-43 to visualize synaptic vesicles exocytosis and endocytosis in motor nerve terminals /Ernani Amaral, Silvia Guatimosim, and Cristina Guatimosim --Imaging lipid bodies within leukocytes with different light microscopy techniques /Rossana C.N. Melo ... [et al.] --Eicosa cell : an immunofluorescent-based assay to localize newly synthesized eicosanoid lipid mediators at intracellular sites /Christianne Bandeira-Melo, Peter F. Weller, and Patricia T. Bozza --Nestin-driven green fluorescent protein as an imaging marker for nascent blood vessels in mouse models of cancer /Robert M. Hoffman --Imaging calcium sparks in cardiac myocytes /Silvia Guatimosim, Cristina Guatimosim, and Long-Sheng Song --Light microscopy in aquatic ecology: methods for plankton communities studies /Maria Carolina S. Soares ... [et al.] --Fluorescence immunohistochemistry in combination with differential interference contrast microscopy for studies of semi-ultrathin specimens of epoxy resin-embedded samples /Shin-ichi Iwasaki and Hidekazu Aoyagi.
- Lipid droplets 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Cell Biology looks at lipid droplets LDs, covering sections on analyses of LDs in model systems, cell/tissue-specific analyses of LDs and imaging and in vitro analyses of LD biogenesis and growth. Chapters are written by experts in the field. With cutting-edge material, this comprehensive collection is intended to guide researchers of LDs for years to come. Covers sections on analyses of lipid droplets (LDs) in model systems, cell/tissue-specific analyses of LDs and imaging, and in vitro analyses of LD biogenesis and growth Chapters are written by experts in t
- Lipid-mediated protein signaling 2013, SpringerSphingomyelin and its role in cellular signaling / Mahua Chakraborty and Xian-Cheng Jiang -- The driving force of alpha-synuclein insertion and amyloid channel formation in the plasma membrane of neural cells: key role of ganglioside- and cholesterol-binding domains / Jacques Fantini and Nouara Yahi -- The enigmatic role of sulfatides: new insights into cellular functions and mechanisms of protein recognition / Shuyan Xiao, Carla V. Finkielstein, and Daniel G. S. Capelluto -- Phosphoinositides and PDZ domain scaffolds / Anna Maria Wawrzyniak, Rudra Kashyap and Pascale Zimmermann -- PtdIns(4)P signalling and recognition systems / Marc Lenoir and Michael Overduin -- PtdIns(4,5)P2-mediated cell signaling: emerging principles and PTEN as a paradigm for regulatory mechanism / Arne Gericke, Nicholas R. Leslie, Mathias Lösche, and Alonzo H. Ross -- Role of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate in cell signaling / Robert D Riehle, Sinziana Cornea and Alexei Degterev -- The role of phosphoinositides and inositol phosphates in plant cell signaling / Glenda E. Gillaspy -- Phosphatidic acid-mediated signaling / Yu Liu, Yuan Su, and Xuemin Wang -- Phosphatidylserine-mediated cellular signaling / Jason G. Kay and Sergio Grinstein -- Cardiolipin-mediated cellular signaling / Vinay A. Patil and Miriam L. Greenberg.
- Lipids. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectSupported native plasma membranes as platforms for the reconstitution and visualization of endocytic membrane budding / Min Wu, Pietro de Camilli -- Studying lipids involved in the endosomal pathway / Christin Bissig, Shem Johnson, Jean Gruenberg -- Studying in vitro membrane curvature recognition by proteins and its role in vesicular trafficking / Jean-Baptiste Manneville, Cécile Leduc, Benoit Sorre, Guillaume Drin -- Reconstituting multivesicular body biogenesis with purified components / Thomas Wollert -- Approaches to the study of Atg8-mediated membrane dynamics in vitro / Anjai Jotwani, Diana N. Richerson, Isabelle Motta, Omar Julca-Zevallos, Thomas J. Melia -- Reconstitution assay system for ceramide transport with semi-intact cells / Keigo Kumagai, Masahiro Nishijima, Kentaro Hanada -- Visualizing mitochondrial lipids and fusion events in mammalian cells / Huiyan Huang, Michael A. Frohman -- Targeted and non-targeted analysis of membrane lipids using mass spectrometry / Xue Li Guan, Markus R. Wenk -- Modulation of host phosphoinositide metabolism during salmonella invasion by the type III secreted effector SopB / Bernhard Roppenser, Sergio Grinstein, John H. Brumell -- Acute manipulation of phosphoinositide levels in cells / Belle Chang-Ileto, Samual G. Frere, Gilbert Di Paolo -- Regulation of phosphoinositide-metabolizing enzymes by clathrin coat proteins / Marnix Wieffer, Volker Haucke, Michael Krauß -- Phosphoinositides at the neuromuscular junction of drosophila melanogaster : a genetic approach / Jan R. Slabbaert, Thang Manh Khuong, Patrik Verstreken -- Devising powerful genetics, biochemical and structural tools in the functional analysis of phosphatidylinositol transfer proteins (PITPs) across diverse species / James M. Davison, Vytas A. Bankaitis, Ratna Ghosh -- Genome-wide screens for gene products regulating lipid droplet dynamics / Weihua Fei, Hongyuan Yang -- The three dimensionality of cell membranes : lamellar to cubic membrane transition as investigated by electron microsocopy / Ketpin Chong, Yuru Deng -- Quantitative imaging of lipid metabolism in yeast : from 4D analysis to high content screens of mutant libraries / Heimo Wolinski, Kristian Bredies, Sepp D. Kohlwein -- Analysis of cholesterol trafficking with fluorescent probes / Frederick R. Maxfield, Daniel Wüstner -- Fluorescence correlation methods for imaging cellular behavior of sphingolipid-interacting probes / Rachel Kraut, Nirmalya Bag, Thorsten Wohland -- Monitoring phospholipid dynamics during phagocytosis : application of genetically-encoded fluorescent probes / Helen Sarantis, Sergio Grinstein -- Genetically encoded probes for phosopatidic acid / Nawal Kassas, Petra Tryoen-Tóth, Matthias Corrotte, Tamou Thahouly, Marie-France Bader, Nancy J. Grant, Nicolas Vitale.
- Liquid culture systems for in vitro plant propagation 2005, Springer
- Lymphocyte signal transduction 2006, SpringerProtein kinase C-theta (PKC[theta]): new perspectives on its functions in T-cell biology / Rina Barouch-Bentov and Amnon Altman -- Travel informations on the tec kinases during lymphocyte activation / Fabien Garçon and Jacques A. Nunès -- Inducible T-cell tyrosine kinase (ITK): structural requirements and actin polymerization / Constantine D. Tsoukas ... [et al.] -- Differential requirements of PI3K subunits for BCR or BCR/CD19-induced ERK activation / Elena Vigorito and Martin Turner -- Protein tyrosine phosphatases in human disease / Tomas Mustelin -- The T-cell-specific adapter protein functions as a regulator of peripheral but not central immunological tolerance / Philip E. Lapinski ... [et al.] -- Proximal signals controlling B-cell antigen receptor (BCR) mediated NF-[kappa]B activation / Miguel E. Moreno-García ... [et al.] -- The adapter 3BP2: how it plugs into leukocyte signaling / Marcel Deckert and Robert Rottapel -- CTLA-4 regulation of T-cell function via RAP-1-mediated adhesion / Helga Schneider ... [et al.] -- Protein crosstalk in lipid rafts / Raquel J. Nunes, Mónica A.A. Castro, and Alexandre M. Carmo -- Role of lipid rafts in activation-induced cell death: the fas pathway in aging / Anis Larbi ... [et al.] -- T-cell response in aging: influence of cellular cholesterol modulation / Tamàs Fülöp ... [et al.] -- Lymphocyte signaling and the translatability of mRNA / Suzanne Miyamoto -- Protein arginine methylation: a new frontier in T-cell signal transduction / Brandon T. Schurter, Fabien Blanchet, and Oreste Acuto -- Immune regulation by ubiquitin conjugation / K. Venuprasad ... [et al.] -- CTIB (C-terminus protein of I[kappa]B-[beta]): a novel factor required for acidic adaptation /Toshiko Fukamachi ... [et al.] -- HIV may deplete most CD4 lymphocytes by a mechanism involving signaling through its receptors on non-permissive resting lymphocytes / Miles W. Cloyd ... [et al.] -- Integrating traditional and postgenomic approaches to investigate lymphocyte development and function / Yina Hsing Huang ... [et al.] -- Phosphoproteomic analysis of lymphocyte signaling / Lulu Cao, Kebing Yu, and Arthur R. Salomon.
- Lysosomes 2005, SpringerHistory and morphology of the lysosome / Renate Lüllmann-Rauch -- Transport of lysosomal enzymes / Stephan Storch and Thomas Braulke -- Adaptor proteins in lysosomal biogenesis / Peter Schu -- Lysosomal membrane proteins / Paul Saftig -- Lysosomal proteases: revival of the sleeping beauty / Klaudia Brix -- Lysosomal storage disorders / Ole Kristian Greiner-Tollersrud and Thomas Berg -- Lysosomal transporters and associated diseases / Frans W. Verheijen and Grazia M.S. Mancini -- Neuronal ceroid-lipofuscinoses / Jaana Tyynelè -- Cholesterol transport in lysosomes / Judith Storch and Sunita R. Cheruku -- Therapy of lysosomal storage diseases / Ulrich Matzner -- Lysosomal proteome and transcriptome / Jobst Landgrebe and Torben Lubke -- External lysosomes: the osteoclast and its unique capacities / Vincent Everts and Wouter Beertsen -- Membrane resealing mediated by lysosomal exocytosis / Norma W. Andrews -- Macroautophagy in mammalian cells / Eeva-Liisa Eskelinen -- Chaperone-mediated autophagy / Erwin Knecht and Natalia Salvador.
- Machinery of life. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerIntroduction -- Molecular machines -- The processes of living -- Molecules in cells: Escherichia coli -- A human cell: The advantages of compartments -- The human body: The advantages of specialization -- Life and death -- Viruses -- You and your molecules.
- Macrophages and dendritic cells 2009, Springer ProtocolsGeneration of retroviral macrophage cDNA expression libraries and functional screening for surface receptors / Georgia Schäfer and Gordon D. Brown -- Generation of murine growth factor-dependent long-term dendritic cell lines to investigate host-parasite interactions / Alessandra Mortellaro ... [et al.] -- Macrophage activation : classical vs. alternative / Andrea Classen, Jorge Lloberas, and Antonio Celada -- Analysis of macrophage phagocytosis : quantitative assays of phagosome formation and maturation using high-throughput florescence microscopy / Benjamin E. Steinberg and Sergio Grinstein -- Detection of activated Rab7 GTPase with an immobilized RILP probe / Jim Sun ... [et al.] -- Probing in vivo origins of mononuclear phagocytes by conditional ablation and reconstitution / Chen Varol, Limor Landsman, and Steffen Jung -- Multivalent protein probes for the identification and characterization of cognate cellular ligands for myeloid cell surface receptors / Hsi-Hsien Lin ... [et al.] -- Exploiting Fc chimaeric proteins for the identification of ligands specific for the mannose receptor / Luisa Martinez-Pomares -- The expression of exogenous genes in macrophages : obstacles and opportunities / Xia Zhang, Justin P. Edwards, and David M. Mosser -- Genetic modification of murine dendritic cells by RNA transfection / Maurizio Ceppi, Enrico Schmidt, and Philippe Pierre -- Recording phagosome maturation through the real-time, spectrofluorometric measurement of hydrolytic activities / Robin M. Yates, Albin Hermetter, and David G. Russell -- Derivation and characterization of murine alternatively activated (M2) macrophages / Victor W.H. Ho and Laura M. Sly -- Isolation and culture of human hematopoietic progenitors for studies of dendritic cell biology / Mattias Svensson -- Generation, culture, and flow-cytometric characterization of primary mouse macrophages / Ulrike Schleicher and Christian Bogdan -- Analyzing classical and alternative macrophage activation in macrophage/neutrophil-specific IL-4 receptor-alpha-deficient mice / Frank Brombacher ... [et al.] -- Analysis of matrix metalloproteinase secretion by macrophages / Paul T. Elkington, Justin A. Green, and Jon S. Friedland -- Identification of pathogen receptors on dendritic cells to understand their function and to identify new drug targets / Lot de Witte ... [et al.] -- Stable lentiviral vector-mediated gene silencing in human monocytic cell lines / Jimmy S. Lee and Neil E. Reiner -- Use of fluorescent probes to detect lipid signaling intermediates in macrophages / Vivan Kwok, Eric Vachon, and Gregory P. Downey -- Large-scale phagosome preparation / Adrien F. Vinet and Albert Descoteaux -- Coordinate regulation of sphingosine kinase and actin dynamics / Shankar S. Iyer and David J. Kusner.
- Male germline stem cells 2011, Springer
- Mast cell biology 2011, SpringerMast cell biology : introduction and overview / Alasdair M. Gilfillan, Sarah J. Austin, and Dean D. Metcalfe -- Mast cell progenitor trafficking and maturation / Jenny Hallgren and Michael F. Gurish -- Monomeric IgE and mast cell development, survival, and function / Jun-ichi Kashiwakura, Iris M. Otani, and Toshiaki Kawakami -- Mast cell apoptosis and survival / Maria Ekoff and Gunnar Nilsson -- Regulators of Ca2+ signaling in mast cells: Potential targets for treatment of mast cell-related diseases / Hong-Tao Ma and Michael A. Beaven -- Spatio-temporal signaling in mast cells / Bridget S. Wilson, Janet M. Oliver, and Diane S. Lidke -- The mechanisms of exocytosis in mast cells / Ulrich Blank -- An emerging role for the lipid mediator sphingosine-1-phosphate in mast cell effector function and allergic disease / Ana Olivera and Juan Rivera -- Down-regulation of mast cell responses through itim containing inhibitory receptors / Laila Karra and Francesca Levi-Schaffer -- The mast cell in innate and adaptive immunity / Christopher P. Shelburne and Soman N. Abraham -- Mast cells and immunoregulation/immunomodulation / Mindy Tsai, Michele Grimbaldeston, and Stephen J. Galli -- Mast cell proteases as protective and inflammatory mediators / George H. Caughey -- Mast cells in lung inflammation / Elena P. Moiseeva and Peter Bradding -- Mast cells, angiogenesis, and cancer / Domenico Ribatti and Enrico Crivellato.
- Mast cells 2005, Springer ProtocolsPaul Ehrlich's "Mastzellen"--from aniline dyes to DNA chip arrays : a historical review of developments in mast cell research / Harsha Vyas and Guha Krishnaswamy -- The human mast cell : an overview / Guha Krishnaswamy, Omar Ajitawi, and David S. Chi -- Mast cells in allergy and autoimmunity : implications for adaptive immunity / Gregory D. Gregory and Melissa A. Brown -- Analysis of MCT and MCTC mast cells in tissue / Lawrence B. Schwartz -- Mast cell ultrastructure and staining in tissue / Shruti A. Shukla ... [et al.] -- Expression of cell surface antigens on mast cells : mast cell phenotyping / Alexander W. Hauswirth ... [et al.] -- Identification of mast cells in the cellular response to myocardial infarction / Nikolaos G. Frangogiannis and Mark L. Entman --Growth of human mast cells from bone marrow and peripheral blood-derived CD34+ pluripotent progenitor cells / Arnold S. Kirshenbaum and Dean D. Metcalfe -- Culture of human mast cells from hemopoietic progenitors / Hirohisa Saito -- Isolation, culture, and characterization of intestinal mast cells / Gernot Sellge and Stephan C. Bischoff -- Activation of nuclear factor kappa B / Chuanfu Li, Jim Kelley, and Tuanzhu Ha -- Analysis of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation / Stephen C. Armstrong -- Microarray and gene clustering analysis / Tsung-Hsien Tsai, Denise M. Milhorn, and Shau-Ku Huang -- Techniques to study Fc [epsilon] RI signaling / Yuko Kawakami, Jiro Kitaura, and Toshiaki Kawakami -- Human mast cell proteases : activity assays using thiobenzyl ester substrates / David A. Johnson --Mast cell histamine and cytokine assays / David S. Chi, S. Matthew Fitzgerald, and Guha Krishnaswamy -- Measurement of mast cell cytokine release by multiplex assay / Kevin F. Breuel and W. Keith De Ponti -- Assays for histamine-releasing factors : from identification and cloning to discovery of binding partners / Jacqueline M. Langdon and Susan M. McDonald -- Assays for nitric oxide expression / William L. Stone, Hongsong Yang, and Min Qui -- Immunohistological detection of growth factors and cytokines in tissue mast cells / Zhenhong Qu -- Endothelial cell activation by mast cell mediators / Kottarappat N. Dileepan and Daniel J. Stechschulte -- Co-culture of mast cells with fibroblasts : a tool to study their crosstalk / Ido Bachelet, Ariel Munitz, and Francesca Levi-Schaffer --Detection of E class switching and IgE synthesis in human B cells / Jérôme Péne ... [et al.] -- Gene silencing using small interference RNA in mast cells / Deling Yin and Charles A. Stuart -- Mast cell activation by lipoproteins / Jim Kelley ... [et al.] -- Mast cell activation by stress / Ann L. Baldwin -- In vivo models for studying mast cell-dependent responses to bacterial infection / Christopher P. Shelburne, James B. McLachlan, and Soman N. Abraham -- Bacterial activation of mast cells / David S. Chi ... [et al.] -- Activation of mast cells by streptolysin O and lipopolysaccharide / Michael Stassen ... [et al.] -- Mast cell apoptosis / Alexander Gerbaulet, Karin Hartmann, and Yoseph A. Mekori.
- Mast cells and tumours 2011, Springer
- Mathematical models and immune cell biology 2011, Springer
- Mechanosensitivity in cells and tissues 2005, NCBI BookshelfMechanosensitivity of cells from various tissues -- Mechanotransduction in the Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans -- Mechanically mediated crosstalk in heart -- Swelling-and stretch-activated chloride channels in the heart: regulation and function -- Role of stretch-activated channels in the heart: action potential and Ca2+ transients -- Isolated cardiomyocytes: mechanosensitivity of action potential, membrane current and ion concentration -- Mechano-electric feedback in the heart: evidence from intracellular microelectrode recordings on multicellular preparations and single cells from healthy and diseased tissue -- The Role of mechanosensitive fibroblasts in the heart -- Mechanical modulation of intracellular ion concentrations: mechanisms and electrical consequences -- Stretch-induced slow force response in mammalian ventricular myocardium -- The Na+/H+ exchanger as the main protagonist following myocardial stretch: the Anrep effect and myocardial hypertrophy -- Mechano-electric feedback and atrial arrhythmias -- The Role of mechano-electrical feedback in the cholinergic atrial fibrillation initiation --; Mechanosensitive cation channels of leech neurons -- Mechanosensitivity of primary afferent nociceptors in the pain pathway -- Stimulus-secretion coupling in the osmoreceptive prolactin cell of the tilapia -- Stretch-inactivated channels in skeletal muscle -- Stretch-activated cation channels and the myogenic response of small arteries -- Mechanobiology of bone tissue and bone cells -- Functional roles of mechanosensitive ion channels, ss1 integrins and kinase cascades in chondrocyte mechanotransduction -- Enigmatic roles of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) in articular chondrocytes and osteoblasts: mechanotransduction, sodium transport or extracellular sodium sensing?
- Membrane microdomain signaling 2005, SpringerFrom intramolecular asymmetries to raft assemblies: a short guide for the puzzled in lipidomics / Ephraim Yavin and Annette Brand -- Regulatory aspects of membrane microdomain (raft) dynamics in live cells: a biophysical approach / János Matkó and János Szöllosi -- Lipid raft membrane skeletons / Elizabeth J. Luna ... [et al.] -- Role of cholesterol in membrane microdomain signaling / Christopher J. Fielding -- Raft lipid metabolism in relation to alkyl-lysophospholipid-induced apoptosis / Arnold H. van der Luit, Marcel Verheij, and Wim J. van Blitterswijk -- Role of lipid rafts in signal transduction and synaptic plasticity of neural cells / Markus Delling and Melitta Schachner -- Role of rafts in virus fusion and budding / Wu Ou and Jonathan Silver -- Alterations in raft lipid metabolism in aging and neurodegenerative disorders / Mark P. Mattson, Roy G. Cutler, and Norman J. Haughey -- Caveolin and cancer: a complex relationship / Mordechai Liscovitch ... [et al.] -- Dietary modulation of lipid rafts: implications for disease prevention and treatment / Mark P. Mattson.
- Membrane trafficking 2008, Springer ProtocolsPt. I. Yeast Cells -- Ch. 1. Freight management in the cell / Johannes M. Herrmann, Anne Spang -- Ch. 2. High-throughput protein extraction and immunoblotting analysis in saccharomyces cerevisiae / Todd C. Lorenz, Vikram C. Anand, Gregory S. Payne -- Ch. 3. Genome-wide analysis of membrane transport using yeast knockout arrays / Helen E. Burston, Michael Davey, Elizabeth Conibear -- Ch. 4. A cell-free system for reconstitution of transport between prevacuolar compartments and vacuoles in saccharomyces cerevisiae / Thomas A. Vida -- Ch. 5. In vitro analysis of the mitochondrial preprotein import machinery using recombinant precursor polypeptides / Dorothea Becker, Martin Krayl, Wolfgang Voos -- Ch. 6. In vitro import of proteins into isolated mitochondria / Karl Bihlmaier, Melanie Bien, Johannes M. Herrmann -- Ch. 7. Synthesis and sorting of mitochondrial translation products / Heike Bauerschmitt, Soledad Funes, Johannes M. Herrmann -- Ch. 8. In vivo labeling and analysis of mitochondrial translation products in budding and in fission yeasts / Karine Gouget, Fulvia Verde, Antoni Barrientos --Ch. 9. Exploring protein-protein interactions involving newly synthesized mitochondrial DNA encoded proteins / Darryl Horn, Flavia Fontanesi, Antoni Barrientos -- Ch. 10. Purification of yeast membranes and organelles by sucrose density gradient centrifugation / Jennifer Chang, Victoria Ruiz, Ales Vancura -- Ch. 11. Microscopic analysis of lipid droplet metabolism and dynamics in yeast / Heimo Wolinski, Sepp D. Kohlwein -- Ch. 12. Use of bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) in yeast saccharomyces cerevisiae / Kari-Pekka Skarp, ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. Mammalian cells -- Ch. 13. Using quantitative fluorescence microscopy to probe organelle assembly and membrane trafficking / Brian Storrie, Tregei Starr, Kimberly Forsten-Williams -- Ch. 14. Measuring secretory membrane traffic / Vytaute Starkuviene, ... [et al.] -- Ch. 15. A correlative light and electron microscopy method based on laser micropatterning and etching / Julien Colombelli, ... [et al.] -- Ch. 16. Approaches to investigate the role of signaling in ER-to-Golgi transport / Laura J. Sharpe, Ximing Du, Andrew J. Brown -- Ch. 17. Recruitment of coat proteins to peptidoliposomes / Gregor Suri, Martin Spiess, Pascal Crottet --Ch. 18. SNAREs mediated fusion of liposomes / Jérôme Vicogne, Jeffrey E. Pessin -- Ch. 19. Use of polarized PC12 cells to monitor protein localization in the early biosynthetic pathway / Ragna Sannerud, ... [et al.] -- Ch. 20. Tracking the transport of E-cadherin to and from the plasma membrane / Matthew P. Wagoner, Kun Ling, Richard A. Anderson -- Ch. 21. Analysis of nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of NFkB proteins in human leukocytes / Chandra C. Ghosh ... [et al.] -- Ch. 22. Imaging pHluorin-based probes at hippocampal synapses / Stephen J. Royle, ... [et al.] -- Ch. 23. Analysis of receptor tyrosine kinase internalization using flow cytometry / Ning Li, Kristen S. Hill, Lisa A. Elferink -- Ch. 24. Measurement of receptor endocytosis and recycling / Jane M. Knisely, Jiyeon Lee, Guojun Bu -- Ch. 25. Styryl dye-based synaptic vesicle recycling assay in cultured cerebellar granule neurons / Victor Anggono, Michael A. Cousin, Phillip J. Robinson -- Ch. 26. Use of quantitative immunofluorescence microscopy to study intracellular trafficking / Vincent Blot, Timothy E. McGraw -- Ch. 27. Dissecting GLUT4 traffic components in L6 myocytes by fluorescence-based, single cell assays / Costin N. Antonescu, Varinder K Randhawa, Amira Klip -- Ch. 28. Functional genetic analysis of the mammalian mitochondrial DNA encoded peptides / Maria Pilar Bayona-Bafaluy, ... [et al.].
- Mesenchymal stem cells 2008, Springer ProtocolsPart I. Isolation of human multipotential stromal cells from bone marrow and adipose tissue. Isolation and culture of bone marrow-derived human multipotent stromal cells (hMSCs) / Margaret Wolfe ... [et al.]. Mesenchymal stem cells from adult bone marrow / Mark F. Pittenger. A method to isolate and purify human bone marrow stromal stem cells / Stan Gronthos and Andrew C. W. Zannettino. Adipose-derived stem cells / John K. Fraser ... [et al.]. Isolation of human adipose-derived stem cells from biopsies and liposuction specimens / Severine G. Dubois ... [et al.] -- Part II. Manipulation of human multipotential stromal cells. Colony forming unit assays for MSCs / Radhika Pochampally. Differentiation and characterization of human MSCs / Roxanne L. Reger, Alan H. Tucker, and Margaret R. Wolfe. Freezing harvested hMSCs and recovery of hMSCs from frozen vials for subsequent expansion, analysis, and experimentation / Roxanne L. Reger and Margaret R. Wolfe. Gene expression analysis at the single cell level using the human bone marrow stromal cell as a model : sample preparation methods / Beerelli Seshi. Assays of MSCs with microarrays / Joni Yöstalo, Radhika Pochampally, and Darwin J. Prockop. Gene delivery to mesenchymal stem cells / Reza Izadpanah and Bruce A. Bunnell -- Part III. Isolation and characterization of murine multipotential stromal cells from bone marrow. Isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from murine bone marrow by immunodepletion / Donald G. Phinney.
- Methods for analysis of Golgi complex function 2013, ScienceDirect
- Methods in cell-matrix adhesion 2002, ScienceDirect
- Methods in nano cell biology 2008, ScienceDirect
- Micropatterning in cell biology. Part A-C pt. A-C, 2014, ScienceDirectPt. B ScienceDirectPt. C ScienceDirect
- MicroRNA expression detection methods 2010, Springer
- MicroRNA interference technologies 2009., Springer
- Microtubules, in vitro. 2nd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectSite-specific fluorescent labeling of tubulin / Kamalika Muhkerjee, Susan L. Bane -- Measuring microtubule persistence length using a microtubule gliding assay / Douglas S. Martin -- Structural studies of the doublecortin family of MAPs / Frank Fourniol, Mylène Perderiset, Anne Houdusse, Carolyn Moores -- Detection and quantification of microtubule detachment from centrosomes and spindle poles / Anutosh Ganguly, Hailing Yang, Fernando Cabral -- Regulation of tubulin expression by micro-RNAs : implications for drug resistance / Sharon Lobert, Mary E. Graichen -- Determining the structure-mechanics relationships of dense microtubule networks with confocal microscopy and magnetic tweezers-based microrheology / Yali Yang, Megan T. Valentine -- Studying mitochondria and microtubule localization and dynamics in standardized cell shapes / Andrea Pelikan, James Sillibourne, Stephanie Miserey-Lenkei, Frederique Carlier-Grynkorn, Bruno Goud, Phong T. Tran -- Going solo : measuring the motions of microtubules with an in vitro assay for TIRF microscopy / Kris Leslie, Niels Galjart -- Analysis of microtubules in isolated axoplasm from the squid giant axon / Yuyu Song, Scott T. Brady -- Imaging GTP-bound tubulin : from cellular to in vitro assembled microtubules / Hélène de Forges, Antoine Pilon, Christian Poüs, Franck Perez -- Tubulin-specific chaperones : components of a molecular machine that assembles the ... heterodimer / Guoling Tian, Nicholas J. Cowan -- Heterotrimeric G proteins and microtubules / Witchuda Saengsawang, Mark M. Rasenick -- Purification and biophysical analysis of microtubule-severing enzymes in vitro / Juan Daniel Diaz-Valencia, Megan Bailey, Jennifer L. Ross -- Measurement of in vitro microtubule polymerization by turbidity and fluorescence / Matthew Mirigian, Kamalika Mukherjee, Susan L. Bane, Dan L. Sackett -- Live-cell imaging of microtubules and microtubule-associated proteins in arabidopsis thaliana / Jessica Lucas -- Investigating tubulin posttranslational modifications with specific antibodies / Maria M. Magiera, Carsten Janke -- Purification and assembly of bacterial tubulin BtubA/B and constructs bearing eukaryotic tubulin sequences / José M. Andreu, María A. Oliva -- Microtubule-associated proteins and tubulin interaction by isothermal titration calorimetry / P.O. Tsvetkov, P. Barbier, G. Breuzard, V. Peyrot, F. Devred -- Methods for studying microtubule binding site interactions : zampanolide as a covalent binding agent / Jessica J. Field, Enrique Calvo, Peter T. Northcote, John H. Miller, Karl-Heinz Altmann, José Fernando Díaz -- Studying kinetochore-fiber ultrastructure using correlative light-electron microscopy / Daniel G. Booth, Liam P. Cheeseman, Ian A. Prior, Stephen J. Royle -- Fluorescence-based assays for microtubule architecture / Susanne Bechstedt, Gary L. Brouhard -- Structure-function analysis of yeast tubulin / Anna Luchniak, Yusuke Fukuda, Mohan L. Gupta -- Using MTBindingSim as a tool for experimental planning and interpretation / Julia T. Philip, Aranda R. Duan, Emily O. Alberico, Holly V. Goodson -- Imaging individual spindle microtubule dynamics in fission yeast / Judite Costa, Chuanhai Fu, Viktoriya Syrovatkina, Phong T. Tran.
- Microtubules, in vivo. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Midkine 2012, Springer
- Mitochondria and cancer 2009, Springer
- Mitochondria, practical protocols 2007., Springer Protocols
- Mitochondrial disorders caused by nuclear genes 2013, Springer
- Mitochondrial DNA, mitochondria, disease and stem cells 2013, Springer1. Clinical Approach to the Diagnosis of Mitochondrial Disease / Dominic Thyagarajan, p. 1-23 -- 2. Mitochondrial DNA Mutations and Their Effects on Complex I Biogenesis: Implications for Metabolic Disease / Matthew McKenzie, p. 25-47 -- 3. Embryonic Stem Cells: A Signalling Perspective / Marios P. Stavridis, p. 49-68 -- 4. From Oocytes and Pluripotent Stem Cells to Fully Differentiated Fates: (Also) a Mitochondrial Odyssey / João Ramalho-Santos, Ana Sofia Rodrigues, p. 69-86 -- 5. From Pluripotency to Differentiation: The Role of mtDNA in Stem Cell Models of Mitochondrial Diseases / João Facucho-Oliveira, Tejal Kulkarni, p. 87-118 -- 6. The Role of Mitochondrial DNA in Tumorigenesis / Ka Yu Yeung, Adam Dickinson, p. 119-155 -- 7. Assisted Reproductive Technologies: The Potential to Prevent the Transmission of Mutant mtDNA from One Generation to the Next / Richard D. W. Kelly, Arsalan Mahmud, p. 157-183.
- Mitochondrial medicine 2008, Springer
- Mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation /Bernhard Kadenbach --Mitochondrial Dynamics: The Intersection of Form and Function /Andrew Ferree and Orian Shirihai --Biogenesis of Mitochondrial Proteins /Johannes M. Herrmann, Sebastian Longen, Daniel Weckbecker and Matthieu Depuydt --Assembly Factors of Human Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain Complexes: Physiology and Pathophysiology /Daniele Ghezzi and Massimo Zeviani --Supramolecular Organisation of the Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain: A New Challenge for the Mechanism and Control of Oxidative Phosphorylation /Giorgio Lenaz and Maria Luisa Genova --Molecular Mechanisms of Superoxide Production by the Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain /Stefan Dröse and Ulrich Brandt --Studies on the Function and Regulation of Mitochondrial Uncoupling Proteins /Richard K. Porter --Evolution of the Couple Cytochrome c and Cytochrome c Oxidase in Primates /Denis Pierron, Derek E. Wildman, Maik Hüttemann, Thierry Letellier and Lawrence I. Grossman --Reaction Mechanism of Mammalian Mitochondrial Cytochrome c Oxidase /Shinya Yoshikawa, Kazumasa Muramoto and Kyoko Shinzawa-Itoh --Phosphorylation of Mammalian Cytochrome c and Cytochrome c Oxidase in the Regulation of Cell Destiny: Respiration, Apoptosis, and Human Disease /Maik Hüttemann, Icksoo Lee, Lawrence I. Grossman, Jeffrey W. Doan and Thomas H. Sanderson --Individual Biochemical Behaviour Versus Biological Robustness: Spotlight on the Regulation of Cytochrome c Oxidase /Rabia Ramzan, Petra Weber, Bernhard Kadenbach and Sebastian Vogt --Bigenomic Regulation of Cytochrome c Oxidase in Neurons and the Tight Coupling Between Neuronal Activity and Energy Metabolism /Margaret T. T. Wong-Riley --Cytochrome c Oxidase and Its Role in Neurodegeneration and Neuroprotection /Susanne Arnold --The Many Clinical Faces of Cytochrome c Oxidase Deficiency /Salvatore DiMauro, Kurenai Tanji and Eric A. Schon.
- Mitochondrial signaling in health and disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book examines a unique assembly of coordinated mitochondrial functions that are important in regulating cell function and are of relevance in a myriad of pathophysiological situations, such as age-related neurodegenerative disorders, cancer, metabolic syndrome, and cardiovascular disease. The text covers themes essential for the maintenance of mitochondrial activity, including electron transport and energy production, mitochondrial biogenesis and dynamics, mitochondrial signaling, and apoptosis and autophagy. The book features chapters that are reviews of the important topics covered and are written by an impressive cadre of internationally recognized scientist"--Provided by publisher.
- Modeling fragile X syndrome 2012, SpringerIntroduction: Reminiscing on Models and Modeling / Robert B. Denman -- Probing Astrocyte Function in Fragile X Syndrome / Shelley Jacobs, Connie Cheng and Laurie C. Doering -- Neural Stem Cells / Maija Castrén -- Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein (FMRP) and the Spinal Sensory System / Theodore J. Price and Ohannes K. Melemedjian -- The Role of the Postsynaptic Density in the Pathology of the Fragile X Syndrome / Stefan Kindler and Hans-Jürgen Kreienkamp -- Behavior in a Drosophila Model of Fragile X / Sean M. McBride, Aaron J. Bell and Thomas A. Jongens -- Molecular and Genetic Analysis of the Drosophila Model of Fragile X Syndrome / Charles R. Tessier and Kendal Broadie -- Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein and Stem Cells / Abrar Qurashi, Xuekun Li and Peng Jin -- Manipulating the Fragile X Mental Retardation Proteins in the Frog / Marc-Etienne Huot, Nicolas Bisson, Thomas Moss and Edouard W. Khandjian --Exploring the Zebra Finch Taeniopygia guttata as a Novel Animal Model for the Speech-Language Deficit of Fragile X Syndrome / Claudia Winograd and Stephanie Ceman -- Neuroendocrine Alterations in the Fragile X Mouse / Abdeslem El Idrissi, Xin Yan, William L'Amoreaux, W. Ted Brown and Carl Dobkin -- Taking STEPs Forward to Understand Fragile X Syndrome / Susan M. Goebel-Goody and Paul J. Lombroso -- Fmr-1 as an Offspring Genetic and a Maternal Environmental Factor in Neurodevelopmental Disease / Bojana Zupan and Miklos Toth -- Mouse Models of the Fragile X Premutation and the Fragile X Associated Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome / Michael R. Hunsaker, Gloria Arque, Robert F. Berman, Rob Willemsen and Renate K. Hukema -- Clinical Aspects of the Fragile X Syndrome / W. Ted Brown -- Fragile X Syndrome: A Psychiatric Perspective / Michael R. Tranfaglia -- Fragile X Syndrome and Targeted Treatment Trials / Randi Hagerman, Julie Lauterborn, Jacky Au and Elizabeth Berry-Kravis -- The Fragile X-Associated Tremor Ataxia Syndrome / Flora Tassone and Randi Hagerman -- Vignettes: Models in Absentia / Robert B. Denman.
- Molecular basis of hematopoiesis 2009, Springer
- Molecular biology of the cell. 4th ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf, Fulltext accessible by its search box
- Molecular cell biology. 4th ed. 2000, NCBI Bookshelf
- Molecular cytogenetics 2002, Springer Protocols
- Molecular mechanisms of adult stem cell aging 2010, KargerSpeakers at the Symposium / Hartmann, D. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and fate decision / Illing, A., Ju, Z. -- Alterations of systemic environment impair stem cell function during aging / Song, Z., Ju, Z. -- Novel insights into regulation of stem cell aging by aging of the niche and alterations in systemic factors / Geiger, H. -- Aging and hematopoietic malignancies / Gompf, A. -- Intestinal stem cell aging / Sperka, T., Rudolph, K.L. -- Molecular mechanisms of aging in muscle stem cells / Tümpel, S. -- Free radicals and stem cell aging / Guachalla, L.M. -- DNA damage, checkpoint responses, and cell cycle control in aging stem cells / Sperka, T., Nalapareddy, K., Rudolph, K.L.
- Molecular parameters indicating adaptation to mechanical stress in fibrous connective tissue 2005, Springer
- Morphofunctional aspects of tumor microcirculation 2012, Springer
- Mortalin biology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Structure and Function of Mortalin /Birth of Mortalin: Multiple Names, Niches and Functions Connecting Stress, Senescence and Cancer /Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul --Mortalin's Machinery /Custer C. Deocaris, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --The Role of Mortalin in Iron Homeostasis /Wen-I Luo and James A. Cowan --Functional Characteristics of Mortalin /Walter A. Baseler, Tara L. Croston and John M. Hollander --Part 2.Mortalin in Evolution2 Deocaris /Mortalin and Drosophila DmHsp22: Two Mitochondrial Chaperones Regulating Aging and Carcinogenesis /Marie Le Pécheur, Geneviève Morrow and Robert M. Tanguay --Mortalin in Invertebrates and The Induction of Apoptosis by Wild-Type p53 Following Defeat of Mortalin-Based Cytoplasmic Sequestration in Cancerous Clam Hemocytes /Charles W. Walker, Ben Low and S. Anne Böttger --Mortalin and Stem Cells: A Study from Planarians /Renata Batistoni --Part 3.Mortalin in Health and Disease /Mortalin in Cell Protection from Immune Attack /Moran Saar, Oren Moskovich and Zvi Fishelson --Mortalin in Neurological Diseases /Jinghua Jin, Jing Zhang, Travis J. Cook and Jake G. Hoekstra --Loss of Mortalin Function in Parkinson's Disease-Supporting the Mitochondrial Pathway of Neurodegeneration /Lena F. Burbulla and Rejko Krüger --Hsp75/mortalin and Protection from Ischemic Brain Injury /Robin E. White, Yi-Bing Ouyang and Rona G. Giffard --Catecholamine Regulated Protein (CRP40), A Splice Variant of Mortalin-2: Functional Role in CNS Disorders /Joseph P. Gabriele, Sarah E. Groleau, Ritesh P. Daya, Zdenek B. Pristupa and Ram K. Mishra --Chaperonopathies: Diseases in Which Mortalin and Other Hsp-Chaperones Play a Role in Etiology and Pathogenesis /Alberto J. L. Macario, Francesco Cappello and Everly Conway de Macario --Part 4.Mortalin and Cancer /Many Faces of Mortalin and Tid1 /Ohad Iosefson and Abdussalam Azem --Mortalin: A Positive Regulator of Centrosome Duplication and Amplification /Masayuki Kanai and Kenji Fukasawa --Mortalin Expression in Normal and Neoplastic Tissues /Angheliki Nomikos, Sinclair R. Dundas and Graeme I. Murray --Mortalin-p53 Interaction as a Target for Liver Cancer Therapy /Wen-Jing Lu, Nikki P. Lee, Renu Wadhwa and John M. Luk --Mortalin Targeting Gadgets for Cancer Therapy /Chae-Ok Yun and Renu Wadhwa --Part 5.Mortalin Based Technologies /Cell Internalizing Anti-Mortalin Antibody for Generation of Illuminating MSCs for Long-Term In vitro and In vivo Tracking /Toshimasa Uemura, Masanori Nishi, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --Mortalin Staining Pattern as a Reporter for Cell Based Anti-Cancer Drug Screening /Ran Gao, Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi and Renu Wadhwa --Cell Internalizing Anti-mortalin Antibody as a Nanocarrier /Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi, Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul.
- Mouse development-- from oocyte to stem cells 2012, SpringerPost-transcriptional Control of Gene Expression During Mouse Oogenesis /Hugh J. Clarke --Polarity and Asymmetry During Mouse Oogenesis and Oocyte Maturation /Malgorzata Kloc, Rafik M. Ghobrial, Ewa Borsuk and Jacek Z. Kubiak --Chromatin Structure and ATRX Function in Mouse Oocytes /Rabindranath De La Fuente, Claudia Baumann and Maria M. Viveiros --Cyclin B in Mouse Oocytes and Embryos: Importance for Human Reproduction and Aneuploidy /Zbigniew Polański, Hayden Homer and Jacek Z. Kubiak --Src Protein Kinases in Mouse and Rat Oocytes and Embryos /Mattan Levi, Lihi Ninio-Mani and Ruth Shalgi --Gradual Meiosis-To-Mitosis Transition in the Early Mouse Embryo /Aurélien Courtois and Takashi Hiiragi --Maternal Control of Mouse Preimplantation Development /Wenjing Zheng and Kui Liu --Preimplantation Mouse Embryo: Developmental Fate and Potency of Blastomeres /Aneta Suwińska --Creation of Trophectoderm, the First Epithelium, in Mouse Preimplantation Development /Yusuke Marikawa and Vernadeth B. Alarcon --Cell Lineage Allocation Within the Inner Cell Mass of the Mouse Blastocyst /Panagiotis Xenopoulos, Minjung Kang and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis --Formation of Distinct Cell Types in the Mouse Blastocyst /Samantha A. Morris and Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz --Cell Movements in the Egg Cylinder Stage Mouse Embryo /Bradley Joyce and Shankar Srinivas --Balancing the Dose in the Mouse /Mary E. Donohoe --Mouse Oviduct Development /C. Allison Stewart and Richard R. Behringer --Cell Lineages, Growth and Repair of the Mouse Heart /Fabienne Lescroart and Sigolène M. Meilhac --Cellular Reprogramming During Mouse Development /Zoë D. Burke, Gabriela Miron-Buchacra and David Tosh --Differentiation of Definitive Endoderm from Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells /Peter T. W. Kim and Christopher J. Ong --Mouse and Human Pluripotent Stem Cells and the Means of Their Myogenic Differentiation /I. Grabowska, K. Archacka, A. M. Czerwinska, M. Krupa and M. A. Ciemerych --Stem Cells and Corneal Epithelial Maintenance: Insights from the Mouse and Other Animal Models /Richard L. Mort, Panagiotis Douvaras, Steven D. Morley, Natalie Dorà and Robert E. Hill, et al. --Mouse-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells /Hui Zhang and Ying Jin --Aging in the Mouse and Perspectives of Rejuvenation Through Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) /Ken-ichi Isobe, Zhao Cheng, Sachiko Ito and Naomi Nishio.
- Muscle development in drosophila 2006, SpringerAn introduction to muscle development in drosophila / Helen Sink -- The muscle pattern of drosophila / Volker Hartenstein -- Mesoderm formation in the drosophila embryo / Noriko Wakabayashi-Ito and Y. Tony Ip -- Development of the cardiac musculature / Rolf Bodmer -- Development of the somatic gonad and fat bodies / Mark Van Doren -- Development of the larval visceral musculature / Hsiu-Hsiang Lee, Stephane Zaffran and Manfred Frasch -- Development of the larval somatic musculature / Ana Carmena and Mary Baylies -- Muscle morphogenesis: the process of embryonic myoblast fusion / Susan M. Abmayr and Kiranmai S. Kocherlakota -- Muscle attachment sites-where migrating muscles meet their match / Talila Volk -- Neuromuscular development: connectivity and plasticity / Louise Nicholson and Haig Keshishian -- Metamorphosis and the formation of the adult musculature / Devkanya Dutta and K. VijayRaghavan -- Molecular basis of muscle structure / Jim O. Vigoreaux -- Whole genome approaches to studying drosophila muscle development / Eileen E.M. Furlong -- Comparison of muscle development in drosophila and vertebrates / Michael V. Taylor.
- Nanomaterial 2014, Springer
- Natural killer cells 2010, Springer
- Natural killer cells 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1, Developmental stages and pathways of NK cell maturation / Bartosz Grzywacz, Jeffery S. Miller, Michael R. Verneris -- Chapter 2. Developmental origins of thymus-derived natural killer cells / James R. Carlyle, Juan C. Zúñiga-Pflücker -- Chapter 3. Interferon-producing killer dendritic cells (IKDC) / Franck Housseau -- Chapter 4. Natural killer cells in cancer / Petter Höglund, Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren -- Chapter 5. NK cell immune recognition: NKG2D ligands and stressed cells / Carlos López-Larrea, Alejandro López-Soto, Segundo González -- Chapter 6. NK cell KIR heterogeneity and evolution / Makoto Yawata, Nobuyo Yawata -- Chapter 7. Signalling events in natural killer cells / P.K. Epling-Burnette, Sheng Wei, Julie Y. Djeu -- Chapter 8. Human natural killer cell development / Edward L. Briercheck, Aharon G. Freud, Michael A. Caligiuri -- Chapter 9. Isolation, culture and propagation of natural killer cells / Michael Magee, Lazar N. Vujanovic, Lisa H. Butterfield, Nikola L. Vujanovic -- Chapter 10. The localization and migration of natural killer cells in health and disease / Vasileios Bekiaris, Peter J.L. Lane -- Chapter 11. Receptors on NK cells / Noam Stern-Ginossar, Ofer Mandelboim -- Chapter 12. Development and testing of NK cell lines / Hans Klingemann -- Chapter 13. NK cell-derived cytokines and delivery: NK cell synapses / Claudia Semino, Anna Rubartelli -- Chapter 14. NK cells as recipients of cytokine signals / Tara J. Loux, Michael T. Lotze, Herbert J. Zeh III -- Chapter 15. NK cells and chemokines / Angela Gismondi, Giovanni Bernardini, Angela Santoni -- Chapter 16. Natural killer cytolytic activity / Lesley R. de Armas, Eckhard R. Podack -- Chapter 17. Illuminating intranodal natural killer cell behaviour using two-photon microscopy / Kym R. Garrod, Michael D. Cahalan -- Chapter 18. Dendritic cells and NK cells / Amy K. Wesa, Robbie B. Mailliard -- Chapter 19. NK and NKT cells: The innate-adaptive interface including humoral responses / Jeff Subleski, Jonathan M. Weiss, Robert H. Wiltrout, John R. Ortaldo -- Chapter 20. NK cell and endothelial cell interactions / Angela Gismondi, Claudia Carlino, Helena Stabile, Angela Santoni -- Chapter 21. Natural killer cell/epithelial interactions / Taisuke Ito, Masao Takei, Ralf Paus -- Chapter 22. NK cell-T cell interactions / Benedict J. Chambers -- Chapter 23. NK cells and NKT cells in cutaneous disorders / Anna Balato, Anthony A. Gaspari -- Chapter 24. Natural killer cells in the respiratory tract / Borna Mehrad --Chapter 25. Intestinal natural killer cells / Martin R. Goodier -- Chapter 26. Natural killer cells in the liver / Shiguang Qian, Jia Fan, Shuang-Jian Qiu, Yong-sheng Xiao, Lina Lu -- Chapter 27. Natural killer cells in the spleen and lymph node / Alex Karlsson-Parra -- Chapter 28. Nature killer cells in the central nervous system / Fu-Dong Shi, Richard M. Ransohoff -- Chapter 29. NK cells in the eye / Jerry Y. Niederkorn -- Chapter 30. NK cells and reproduction / Ashley Moffett, Victoria H. Male -- Chapter 31. Identification of natural killer cells in tissues and their isolation / Paolo Carrega, Erika Montalto, Guido Ferlazzo -- Chapter 32. Natural killer cell immune regulation: Coordination of immune function in tissues / Lorenzo Moretta, Alessandro Moretta -- Chapter 33. Natural killer cells and transplantation / Benjamin M. Matta, Angus W. Thomson -- Chapter 34. Natural killer cells and autoimmunity / Christian Münz -- Chapter 35. Interaction of NK cells with bacteria / Kenji Chamoto, Daiko Wakita, Shinichi Koizumi, Kazutaka Masuko, Takayuki Ikeda, Rieko Mitamura, Takashi Nishimura -- Chapter 36. Natural killer cells and human immunodeficiency virus / Domenico Mavilio, Anne Hosmalin, Daniel Scott-Algara -- Chapter 37. Cytomegalovirus infection and NK cells / Jerome D. Coudert, Christopher E. Andoniou, Mariapia A. Degli-Esposti -- Chapter 38. Natural killer cells in allergy / Syh-Jae Lin, Yen-Chang Lee, Dah-Chin Yan, Ming-Ling Kuo -- Chapter 39. Natural killer cells in wound healing / Jussi Liippo, Mervi Toriseva, Veli-Matti Kähäri -- Chapter 40. Natural killer cells in atherosclerosis / Godfrey S. Getz, Catherine A. Reardon -- Chapter 41. Natural killer cells in leukaemia / Jérôme Rey, Cyril Fauriat, Alessandro Moretta, Régis Costello, Daniel Olive -- Chapter 42. Natural killer cells and allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation / Andrea Velardi -- Chapter 43. Clinical trials of NK cells for cancer / Sarah Cooley, Jeffrey S. Miller -- Chapter 44. Natural killer cells and hepatitis C virus infection / Michael A. Nalesnik, Tatsuya Kanto -- Chapter 45. Natural killer cells and the biology of parasitism / Marianne A. Bryan, Karen A. Norris -- Chapter 46. Lymphoproliferative disorders of natural killer cells / William G. Morice -- Chapter 47. Natural killer cell induction of tolerance / Lina Lu, Alexandra Y. Zhang, William L. Camp, Shiguang Qian -- Chapter 48. Genetic engineering of natural killer cells / Stephen R. Goding, Per H. Basse -- Chapter 49. NK cell-mediated target cell death / Beverly Z. Packard, Akira Komoriya, David S. Ucker -- Chapter 50. NK-cell tracking using non-invasive imaging modalities / Priyanka Jha, Verena Reinhart, Christiane Knopp, Siyuan Liu, Winfried S. Wels, Michael F. Wendland, Heike Daldrup-Link.
- Natural killer T cells 2012, SpringerIntroduction : mechanisms of NKT-cell-mediated adjuvant activity and function of iPS-derived NKT cells / Masaru Taniguchi ... [et al.] -- Structure and recognition of antigens for invariant NKT cells / Bo Pei and Mitchell Kronenberg -- Invariant NKT cell-based vaccine strategies / John-Paul Jukes ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation of tumor immunity by NKT cells / Jessica J. O'Konek, Jay A. Berzofsky, and Masaki Terabe -- The regulation of CD1d+ and CD1d- tumors by NKT cells : the roles of NKT cells in regulating CD1d+ and CD1d- tumor immunity / Jianyun Liu, Gourapura J. Renukaradhya, and Randy R. Brutkiewicz -- DC-based immunotherapy targeting NKT cells / Shin-ichiro Fujii and Kanako Shimizu -- Therapeutic approaches utilising NKT cells / Stephen R. Mattarollo and Mark J. Smyth -- NKT cells or cancer patients and how models can inform therapeutic plans / Mark A. Exley, Lydia Lynch, and Michael Nowak -- Understanding the role of natural killer T cells in hematologic malignancies : progress and challenges / Natalia Neparidze and Madhav V. Dhodapkar -- Clinical trials with alpha-galactosylceramide (KRN7000) in advanced cancer / Famke L. Schneiders ... [et al.] -- Clinical trials of invariant natural killer T cell-based immunotherapy for cancer / Shinichiro Motohashi, Yoshitaka Okamoto, and Toshinori Nakayama.
- Neural development and stem cells. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Neural development and stem cells.. 3rd ed. / 2012, SpringerDefining neural stem cells and their role in normal development of the nervous system / Sally Temple -- Embryonic stem cells and neurogenesis / Robin L. Wesselschmidt -- The cellular and molecular properties of multipotent neural stem cells / Scott R. Hutton and Larysa H. Pevny -- Multipotent stem cells in the embryonic nervous system / Chian-Yu Peng ... [et al.] -- Neural crest formation and diversification / Marcos S. Simões-Costa ... [et al.] -- Glial nature of adult neural stem cells : neurogenic competence in adult astrocytes / William W. Hwang, Arturo Alverez-Buylla and Daniel A. Lim -- Neural stem cell death regulation in nervous system development and disease / K.C. Walls and Kevin A. Roth -- Stem cells of adult olfactory epithelium / James E. Schwob, Woochan Jang and Eric H. Holbrook -- Retinal stem cells / Carolina B. Del Debbio ... [et al.] -- Transdifferentiation in the nervous system / Ying Liu and Mahendra S. Rao -- Neural and dopaminergic differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells / Olga Momcilovic and Xianmin Zeng -- Mobilization of neural stem cells in the adult central nervous system / Harish Babu, Theo D. Palmer and Fred H. Gage -- Stem cell pathways in brain tumors / Justin D. Lathia ... [et al.].
- Neural stem cells 2002, Springer Protocols
- Neural stem cells. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsDefinitions and criteria for stem cells / Leslie P. Weiner -- Neural stem cells and the future treatment of neurological diseases : raising the standard / Jaime Imitola and Samia J. Khoury -- Neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Mirella Dottori and Martin F. Pera -- Generating neurons from stem cells / Andreas Androutsellis-Theotokis ... [et al.] -- Isolation of neural stem and precursor cells from rodent tissue / Yuanyuan Wu ... [et al.] -- Adult rodent spinal cord-derived neural stem cells : isolation and characterization / Lamya S. Shihabuddin -- Adult neural stem cells / Rossella Galli, Angela Gritti, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Olfactory ensheathing cells : isolation and culture from the neonatal olfactory bulb / Susan C. Barnett and A. Jane Roskams -- Culturing olfactory ensheathing cells from the mouse olfactory epithelium / Miranda Richter, Kathryn Westendorf, and A. Jane Roskams -- Production and characterization of immortal human neural stem cell line with multipotent differentiation property / Seung U. Kim ... [et al.] -- Preparation of neural progenitors from bone marrow and umbilical cord blood / Shijie Song and Juan Sanchez-Ramos --Production of neurospheres from CNS tissue / Gregory P. Marshall II ... [et al.] -- Nuclear transfer to study the nuclear reprogramming of human stem cells / Shigeo Saito ... [ et al.] -- Clonal analyses and cryopreservation of neural stem cell cultures / Angela Gritti, Rossella Galli, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Telomere neurobiology / Mark P. Mattson, Peisu Zhang, and Aiwu Cheng -- Chromosomal mosaicism in neural stem cells / Suzanne E. Peterson ... [et al.] -- In vitro assays for neural stem cell differentiation : induction of dopaminergic phenotype / Marcel M. Daadi -- In vitro migration assays of neural stem cells / Pascale Durbec .. [et al.] -- Measuring apoptosis in neural stem cells / Brett T. Lund and Eve E. Kelland -- Markers of adult neural stem cells / Eric Wexler -- Differential gene expression in ES-derived neural stem cells by using RT-PCR / Nicole Slawny, Crystal Pacut, and Theresa E. Gratsch -- Microfluidic devices for high-throughput gene expression profiling of single hESC-derived neural stem cells / Yan Chen and Jiang F. Zhong --Electroporation strategies for genetic manipulation and cell labeling / Terence J. Van Raay, Rhonda T. Lassiter, and Michael R. Stark -- Novel and immortalization-based protocols for the generation of neural CNS stem cell lines for gene therapy approaches / Luciano Conti and Elena Cattaneo -- Identification of newborn cells by BrdU labeling and immunocytochemistry in vivo / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Immunocytochemical analysis of neuronal differentiation / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Neuroanatomical tracing of neuronal projections with Fluoro-Gold / Lisa A. Catapano, Sanjay S. Magavi, and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Labeling stem cells in vitro for identification of their differentiated phenotypes after grafting into the CNS / Qi-lin Cao, Stephen M. Onifer, and Scott R. Whittemore -- Optimizing stem cell grafting into the CNS / Scott R. Whittemore ... [et al.] -- Routes of stem cell administration in the adult rodent / Alison E. Willing ... [et al.]
- Neurobiology of respiration 2013, SpringerAltered histone deacetylase activity and iNOS expression in cells isolated from induced sputum of COPD patients treated with tiotropium -- Involvement of NF-[kappa]B and muscle specific E3 ubiquitin ligase MuRF1 in cigarette smoke-induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Siglec-8 in induced sputum of COPD patients -- Essential amino acid leucine and proteasome inhibitor MG132 attenuate cigarette smoke induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Smoking denial in cardiovascular disease studies -- Differential effects of kainic acid lesions in medullary raphe on cough and sneeze in anesthetized rabbits -- Detection of Chlamydophila pneumoniae antigens in patients with chronic cough -- Antioxidant activity of herbal polysaccharides and cough reflex -- Cytoglobin and neuroglobin in the human brainstem and carotid body -- Flow cytometry in the diagnosis of influenza -- Accuracy of rapid influenza detection test in diagnosis of influenza A and B viruses in children less than 59 months old -- Virological monitoring of influenza activity and influenza-like illness in the epidemic season 2011-2012 in Poland -- Incidence of Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection in children during 2007-2010 -- Clinical features and outcomes of influenza A and B infections in children -- Respiratory complications in children hospitalized with Varicella -- Hyponatremia in children hospitalized due to pneumonia -- In vitro sensitivity of Acinetobacter baumannii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa to carbapenems among intensive care unit patients -- Prevalence of acute respiratory tract diseases among soldiers deployed for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan --In vitro susceptibility of Staphylococci and Enterococci to vancomycin and teicoplanin -- Sinusitis in people living in the Medieval Ages -- Immunization coverage against capsular bacteria in splenectomized patients -- Umbilical cord blood gas content, postnatal state of neonates, and lactation after caesarean and natural childbirth -- Respiratory function in pregnant women -- Lung function in patients with gastro-esophageal reflux disease and respiratory symptoms -- Efficacy of noninvasive mechanical ventilation in obese patients with chronic respiratory failure -- Near-infrared hemoencephalography for monitoring blood oxygenation in prefrontal cortical areas in diagnosis and therapy of developmental dyslexia -- Occlusal stabilization splint therapy in orofacial pain and tension-type headache -- Dynamics of upper airways during the Müller maneuver in healthy subjects: a cine MRI study -- EMG analysis of human inspiratory muscle resistance to fatigue during exercise -- Assessment of temporomandibular joint disease -- Spirometry Day: a means to enhance social knowledge on respiratory diseases -- Lung function in divers -- Influence of traffic-related air pollutants on lung function -- Fractional exhaled nitric oxide in clinical trials: an overview -- Real-time breath analysis in type 2 diabetes patients during cognitive effort -- Exhaled nitric oxide in specific inhalation challenge -- Integration of simulated multipotential signals: the role of integration window width and of the number of spikes --Functional and topographic concordance of right atrial neural structures inducing sinus tachycardia -- Occurrence of disseminated intravascular coagulation in 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced pneumonia in the rat -- Implementation of non-invasive methods in the diagnosis of diisocyanate-induced asthma -- Evaluation of a 4-steps-1-day whole body challenge protocol for the diagnosis of occupational asthma due to diisocyanates -- Occupational allergic respiratory diseases in garbage workers: relevance of molds and actinomycetes -- Th1, Th2, Th17, and regulatory cytokines in children with different clinical forms of allergy -- Soluble receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator in community-acquired pneumonia in children -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to metalworking fluids: how to find the antigens -- Angiogenic axis angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2/tie-2 in non-small cell lung cancer: a bronchoalveolar lavage and serum study -- Cancer incidence in pulmonary vasculitis -- Influence of delays in diagnosis and treatment on survival in small cell lung cancer -- Familial idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis -- High resolution computed tomography in 2-year follow-up of stage I sarcoidosis -- Altruistic aptitude: age-dependent influence of temperament and emotional intelligence -- Effect of socio-economic status on quality of life in people affected with respiratory allergy -- Exposure to paracetamol and antibiotics in early life and elevated risk of asthma in childhood -- Health behaviors and quality of life among patients with chronic respiratory disease -- Attitudes toward euthanasia among Polish physicians, nurses and people who have no professional experience with the terminally ill -- Death as a result of violent asphyxia in autopsy reports -- Respiratory and systemic infections in children with severe aplastic anemia on immunosupressive therapy.
- Neurons and the DHA principle 2013, CRCnetBASENature of neurons and their specialized membranes -- DHA contributes both benefits and risks to mammals -- Use it or lose it concept of brain health is linked to DHA -- Evolution and DHA : redefining the DHA principle -- DHA is king omega for maximizing mental speed -- DHA improves energy efficiency in neurons -- Wild conformational dynamics of DHA might save energy by sealing stretch-induced defects as fast as they occur in membranes -- Lipid whisker model and water-wire theory of energy uncoupling in neurons -- Neurons boost their energy state by using powerful antioxidant systems to protect their membranes against damage -- Oxygen-dependent damage (lipid peroxidation) of DHA membranes of neurons is inevitable and requires novel mechanisms for long-term protection -- Revised mitochondrial theory of aging and brain span -- Development of dual energy pacemaker theory of aging : role of the membrane -- Membranes and cancer -- Parkinson's disease -- Prion diseases -- Brain trauma-induced dementia -- Alzheimer's disease.
- Neuroprotection methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsNeuronal death and neuroprotection : a review / Mariaelena Repici, Jean Mariani, and Tiziana Borsello -- The use of propidium iodide to assess excitotoxic neuronal death in primary mixed cortical cultures / Anthony C. Lau, Hong Cui, and Michael Tymianski -- A modified silver technique (de Olmos Stain) for assessment of neuronal and axonal degeneration / Tatyana I. Tenkova and Mark P. Goldberg -- Model of acute injury to study neuroprotection / Michal Schwartz and Jonathan Kipnis -- Organotypic entorhino-hippocampal slice cultures : a tool to study the molecular and cellular regulation of axonal regeneration and collateral sprouting in vitro / Domenico Del Turco and Thomas Deller -- Role of Nrf2-dependent ARE-driven antioxidant pathway in neuroprotection / Jiang Li ... [et al.] -- Biochemical methods to assess the coupling of brain energy metabolism in control and disease states / Jennifer Zechel, W. David Lust, and Michele Puchowicz -- A method for isolating prosurvival targets of NF-[kappa]B/rel transcription factors / Christian Kuntzen ... [et al.] -- Functional cloning of genes regulating apoptosis in neuronal cells / Roberta Visconti and Luciano D'Adamio -- Characterization of mRNA expression in single neurons / David M. Lin ... [et al.] -- Brain on a chip : a method to detect novel neuroprotective candidate targets / Yang Tang and Myriam Bernaudin -- Intracerebral infusion of neurotrophic factors / Theo Hagg -- Synthesis of cell-penetrating peptides and their application in neurobiology / Gunnar P.H. Dietz and Mathias Bähr -- The stem cells as a potential treatment for neurodegeneration / Ferrari Daniela, Angelo Luigi Vescovi, and Daniele Bottai -- In vivo tomographic imaging studies of neurodegeneration and neuroprotection : a review / Rikki N. Waterhouse and Jun Zhao.
- Neutron capture therapy 2012, Springer
- Neutrophil methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsThe role of neutrophils in the immune system: an overview / H.L. Malech -- Subcellular fractionation of human neutrophils and analysis of subcellular markers / L. Udby and N. Borregaard -- Rac and Rap GTPase activation assays / U.G. Knaus, A. Bamberg and G.M. Bokoch -- Measurement of phospholipid metabolism in intact neutrophils / S. Sergeant and L.C. McPhail -- Analysis of protein phosphorylation in human neutrophils / J. El-Benna and P.M.-C. Dang -- Mitogen-activated protein kinase assays / M. Torres -- Transduction of proteins into intact neutrophils / T. Zhao and G.M. Bokoch -- Optical methods for the measurement and manipulation of cytosolic free calcium in neutrophils / E.J. Hillson, S. Dewitt and M.B. Hallett -- Analysis of electrophysiological properties and responses of neutrophils / D. Morgan and T.E. DeCoursey -- Analysis of neutrophil apoptosis / E.L. Taylor ... [et al.] -- Optical and fluorescence detection of neutrophil integrin activation / U.Y. Schaff ... [et al.] -- Analysis of neutrophil polarization and chemotaxis / M.A. Lokuta, P.A. Nuzzi and A. Huttenlocher -- Quantifying and localizing actin-free barbed ends in neutrophils / M. Glogauer -- Measurement of neutrophil adhesion under conditions mimicking blood flow / M.A. Jutila ... [et al.] -- Model systems to investigate neutrophil adhesion and chemotaxis / N.A. Louis, E. Campbell and S.P. Colgan -- Immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy of neutrophils / L.-A.H. Allen -- Assessment of phagosome formation and maturation by fluorescence microscopy / B.E. Steinberg and S. Grinstein -- Analysis of neutrophil membrane traffic during phagocytosis / P. Loennbro, P. Nordenfelt and H. Tapper -- Analysis of neutrophil bactericidal activity / J.N. Green, C.C. Winterbourn and M.B. Hampton -- A skin chamber technique as a human model for studies of aseptic inflammatory reactions / P. Follin and C. Dahlgren -- Measurement of respiratory burst products generated by professional phagocytes / C. Dahlgren, A. Karlsson and J. Bylund -- The K-562 cell model for analysis of neutrophil NADPH oxidase function / T.L. Leto ... [et al.] -- Cell-free assays: the reductionist approach to the study of NADPH oxidase assembly, or "all you wanted to know about cell-free assays but did not dare to ask" / S. Molshanski-Mor ... [et al.] -- Immunoaffinity purification of human phagocyte flavocytochrome b and analysis of conformational dynamics / R.M. Taylor and A.J. Jesaitis -- Genome-scale transcript analyses in human neutrophils / S.D. Kobayashi, D.E. Sturdevant and F.R. DeLeo -- Fast and accurate quantitative analysis of cytokine gene expression in human neutrophils by reverse transcription real-time PCR / N. Tamassia, M.A. Cassatella and F. Bazzoni -- Detection of intact transcription factors in human neutrophils / P.P. McDonald and R.D. Ye -- Disorders of neutrophil function: an overview / M.C. Dinauer -- Diagnostic assays for chronic granulomatous disease and other neutrophil disorders / H.Z. Elloumi and S.M. Holland -- Diagnostic assays for myeloperoxidase deficiency / W.M. Nauseef.
- New frontiers in regenerative medicine 2007, Springer
- New frontiers of network analysis in systems biology 2012, SpringerGene Expression Profiling and Regulatory Networks in Single Cells /Fumio Arai, Kentaro Hosokawa, Yoshiko Matsumoto, Hirofumi Toyama and Toshio Suda --Cell Fate Regulatory Networks /Sonya J. Ridden and Ben D. MacArthur --Noise in Regulatory Networks /Srinandan Dasmahapatra --Generalised Modelling in Systems Biology /Thilo Gross --Relative Quantification Mass Spectrometry Using iTRAQ Isobaric Tags /Richard D. Unwin, Emma Carrick and Anthony D. Whetton --Deciphering Protein Complexes and Protein Interaction Networks for Stem Cell Pluripotency /Jianlong Wang --Omics Era in Stem Cell Research: Data Integration of Multi-regulatory Layers /Ana Sevilla, Benjamin Trinite and Ihor R. Lemischka --High Throughput Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry to Determine Protein Complex Interactions /Anna Malovannaya, Rainer B. Lanz, Bert W. O'Malley and Jun Qin --Network Pharmacology to Aid the Drug Discovery Process /Ruth Dannenfelser, Huilei Xu, Catherine Raimond and Avi Ma'ayan --What Can Networks Do for You? /Bernhard M. Schuldt, Franz-Josef Müller and Andreas A. Schuppert.
- Nitric oxide. Part D, Nitric oxide detection, mitochondria and cell functions, and peroxynitrite reactions 2002, ScienceDirect
- Novel developments in stem cell mobilization 2012, SpringerPart 1.Basic Science and Experimental Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Preclinical Experience with AMD3100 for Mobilization of Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells --Molecular Pharmacology of CXCR4 Inhibition --Combination Strategies for Stem Cell Mobilization Targeting CXCR4 and S1P Receptors --Should We Stay or Should We Go Now? --Cell Adhesion and Mobilization Pathways of Hematopoietic Cells --Role of the CXCR4/CXCL12 Axis in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Trafficking --Part 2.Clinical Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Front matter --Early Studies of AMD3100/Plerixafor in Healthy Volunteers --The Current Role of Plerixafor in Stem Cell Mobilization for Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation --Experience with Apheresis Procedures After Plerixafor Mobilisation --Influence of Different Stem Cell Mobilization Strategies on Graft Composition and Outcome of Autologous or Allogeneic Transplantation --Relevance and Clinical Implications of Tumor Cell Mobilization in Autologous Transplantation of Multiple Myeloma and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma --Plerixafor: Data from the Compassionate Use Program --Stem Cell Mobilization with Chemomobilization Plus Plerixafor in Hard-to-Mobilize Patients: The Experience at Kuopio University Hospital, Finland --Blood Stem Cell Mobilization in Solid Tumors: Experience with Plerixafor and Alternative Ways of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Mobilization --Mobilization with Chemotherapy + G-CSF + Plerixafor in Europe: The Italian Experience --Experience with Plerixafor in Poor Mobilizers --CXCR4 Antagonists --Part 3.CXCR4 Antagonists for Treatment of Leukemias and Solid Tumors --Front matter --Application of CXCR4 Inhibitors in Leukemia --CXCR4 Antagonists for the Treatment of CML --Targeting CXCR4 in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Preclinical Rationale and Early Clinical Experience --CXCR4-Blockade for Treatment of Breast Cancer --Molecular Imaging of CXCR4 Receptor Expression in Tumors --Part 4.Novel applications --Potential Use of CXCR4 Antagonists to Mobilize Endothelial and Mesenchymal Stem Cells --Strategies to Enhance Hematopoietic Stem Cell Engraftment Following Transplantation --Mobilization for Gene Therapy.
- Nuclear dynamics 2007, Springer
- Nuclear mechanics & genome regulation. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection A. Cell Nucleus: Organization & MechanoBiology -- Chapter 1. Fluorescence Fluctuation Microscopy to Reveal 3D Architecture and Function in the Cell Nucleus / Thorsten Lenser, Klaus Weisshart, Tobias Ulbricht, Karolin Klement, Peter Hemmerich -- Chapter 2. Studying Histone Modifications and Their Genomic Functions by Employing Chromatin Immunoprecipitation and Immunoblotting / Ranveer S. Jayani, Praveena L. Ramanujam, Sanjeev Galande -- Chapter 3. Dynamic Organization of Chromatin Assembly and Transcription Factories in Living Cells / Bidisha Sinha, Dipanjan Bhattacharya, Deepak Kumar Sinha, Shefali Talwar, Shovamayee Maharana, Soumya Gupta, G.V. Shivashankar -- Chapter 4. Manipulation and Isolation of Single Cells and Nuclei / Swee Jin Tan, Qingsen Li, Chwee Teck Lim -- Chapter 5. Beyond Lamins: Other Structural Components of the Nucleoskeleton / Zhixia Zhong, Katherine L. Wilson, Kris Noel Dahl -- Chapter 6. Altered Mechanical Properties of the Nucleus in Disease / Maria Lucia Lombardi, Jan Lammerding -- Chapter 7. Theoretical Concepts and Models of Cellular Mechanosensing / Rumi De, Assaf Zemel, Samuel A. Safran -- Section B. Impact of Nuclear Mechanics on Function -- Chapter 8. Mechanical Induction of Gene Expression in Connective Tissue Cells / Matthew W.C. Chan, Boris Hinz, Christopher A. McCulloch -- Chapter 9. Physical Plasticity of the Nucleus and its Manipulation / Irena Ivanovska, Joe Swift, Takamasa Harada, J. David Pajerowski, Dennis E. Discher -- Chapter 10. Prestressed Nuclear Organization in Living Cells / Aprotim Mazumder, T. Roopa, Abhishek Kumar, K. Venkatesan Iyer, Nisha M. Ramdas, G.V. Shivashankar -- Chapter 11. Nanotopography/Mechanical Induction of Stem-Cell Differentiation / Benjamin Kim Kiat Teo, Soneela Ankam, Lesley Y. Chan, Evelyn K.F. Yim -- Chapter 12. Mechanical Induction in Embryonic Development and Tumor Growth: Integrative Cues Through Molecular to Multicellular Interplay and Evolutionary Perspectives / Maria-Elena Fernandez-Sanchez, Fanny Serman, Padra Ahmadi, Emmanuel Farge -- Chapter 13. Informatics-Based Analysis of Mechanosignaling in the Laminopathies / Frank P.L. Lai, Radfidah A. Mutalif, Siew Cheng Phua, Colin L. Stewart -- Chapter 14. Autosomal Dominant Leukodystrophy Caused by Lamin B1 Duplications: A Clinical and Molecular Case Study of Altered Nuclear Function and Disease / Quasar Saleem Padiath, Ying-Hui Fu.
- Nuclear receptor superfamily 2009, Springer ProtocolsNuclear receptors : one big family / Iain J. McEwan -- Methods for measuring ligand dissociation and nuclear receptor turnover in whole cells / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- Flow cytometry as a tool for measurement of steroid hormone receptor protein expression in leukocytes / Cherie L. Butts and Esther M. Sternberg -- X-ray crystallography of agonis/antagonist-bound receptors / Ashley C.W. Pike -- FRAP and FRET methods to study nuclear receptors in living cells / Martin E. van Royen ... [et al.] -- Receptor-DNA interactions : EMSA and footprinting / Jason T. Read ... [et al.] -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) methodology and readouts / Charles E. Massie and Ian G. Mills -- Yeast-based reporter assays for the functional characterization of cochaperone interactions with steroid hormone receptors / Heather A. Balsiger and Marc B. Cox -- High throughput analysis of nuclear receptor-cofactor interactions / Michael L. Goodson, Behnom Farboud, and Martin L. Privalsky -- Binding affinity and kinetic analysis of nuclear receptor/co-regulator interactions using surface plasmon resonance / Derek N. Lavery -- Using RNA interference to study protein function / Carol D. Curtis and Ann M. Nardulli -- Using intrinsic fluorescence emission spectroscopy to study steroid receptor and coactivator protein conformation dynamics / Kate Watt and Iain J. McEwan -- Development of phosphorylation site-specific antibodies to nuclear receptors / Inés Pineda Torra ... [et al.] -- Tissue-selective knockouts of steroid receptors : a novel paradigm in the study of steroid action / Karel De Gendt and Guido Verhoeven -- Methods for identifying and studying genetic alterations in hormone-dependent cancers / Outi R. Saramäki, Kati K. Waltering, and Tapio Visakorpi.
- Nuclear receptors 2010, SpringerNuclear receptors an introductory overview / C.M. Bunce and M.J. Campbell -- What does evolution teach us about nuclear receptors? / G. Markov, F. Bonneton and V. Laudet -- Functions of nuclear receptors in insect development / D. Martín -- The glucocorticoid receptor / R.H. Oakley and J.A. Cidlowski -- Estrogen receptors: Their actions and functional roles in health and disease / S. Nilsson and J.-Å. Gustafsson -- Androgen receptor / J.T. Dalton and W. Gao -- Thyroid hormone receptors / B. Vennström, H. Liu and D. Forrest -- The vitamin D receptor (NR1I1) / O. Maguire and M.J. Campbell -- Retinoic acid receptors / A. Cras, F. Guidez and C. Chomienne -- PPARs: Important regulators in metabolism and inflammation / L.M. Sanderson and S. Kersten -- Xenobiotic receptors CAR and PXR / C. Klaassen and H. Lu -- Fxr / Y. Wang ... [et al.] -- Physiological functions of TR2 and TR4 orphan nuclear receptor / S. Liu ... [et al.] -- Nuclear receptors and ATP dependent chromatin remodeling: A complex story / C.J. Burd and T.K. Archer -- Non-genomic action of sex steroid hormones / A. Migliaccio, G. Castoria and F. Auricchio -- Ligand regulation and nuclear receptor action / M. Hewison -- New insights to nuclear receptor gene regulation from analysis of their response elements in target genes / C. Carlberg -- Systems biology: Towards realistic and useful models of molecular networks / F.J. Bruggeman ... [et al.].
- Nuclear reprogramming 2005, Springer ProtocolsNuclear transplantation in Xenopus / John B. Gurdon -- Nuclear transfer in sheep / William A. Ritchie -- Protocols for nuclear transfer in mice / Shaorong Gao -- Isolation of stromal stem cells from human adipose tissue / Andrew C. Boquest ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming by cell fusion / Robert H. Broyles ... [et al.] -- Polyethylene glycol-mediated cell fusion / Jian Yang and Ming Hong Shen -- Epigenetic reprogramming of somatic genomes by electrofusion with embryonic stem cells / Masako Tada and Takashi Tada -- Quantification of cell fusion by flow cytometry / Stephen Sullivan ... [et al.] -- Modulation of cell fate using nuclear and cytoplasmic extracts / Anne-Mari Håkelien, Kristine G. Gaustad, and Philippe Collas -- Transgenic systems in nuclear reprogramming / Megan Munsie, Peter Mountford, and Jennifer Nichols -- Using immunofluorescence to observe methylation changes in mammalian preimplantation embryos / Fátima Santos and Wendy Dean -- Observing S-phase dynamics of histone modifications with fluorescently labeled antibodies / Rong Wu, Anna V. Terry, and David M. Gilbert -- Quantitative analysis of telomerase activity and telomere length in domestic animal clones / Dean H. Betts ... [et al.] --Pluripotency: capacity for in vitro differentiation of undifferentiated embryonic stem cells / Cornelia Wiese ... [et al.] -- Staining embryonic stem cells using monoclonal antibodies to stage-specific embryonic antigens / Bruce A. Fenderson ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the nucleolar compartment of the nucleus as an indicator of nuclear reprogramming after nuclear transfer / Jacques-E. Fléchon -- Methylation-sensitive polymerase chain reaction / Hannah R. Moore, Richard R. Meehan, and Lorraine E. Young -- Analysis of DNA methylation profiles in preimplantation embryos using bisulfite mutagenesis / Yong-Mahn Han, Seok-Ho Kim, and Yong-Kook Kang -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay for mammalian tissues / Fiona B. Turner, Wang L. Cheung, and Peter Cheung -- Histone modifications and transcription factor binding on chromatin: ChIP/PCR assays / Jaejoon Won and Tae Kook Kim -- In vivo genomic footprinting using LM-PCR methods / Hiromi Tagoh, Peter N. Cockerill, and Constanze Bonifer -- Analyzing histone modification using crosslinked chromatin treated with micrococcal nuclease / Pascal Lefevre and Constanze Bonifer.
- Nuclear reprogramming and stem cells 2011, Springer
- Nuclear transfer protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsCloning of exotic/endangered species: (desert bighorn sheep) / James "Buck" Williams ... [et al.] -- Handmade somatic cell cloning in cattle / Gábor Vatja, Ian M. Lewis, and R. Tayfur Tecirlioglu -- Genetic modification of sheep by nuclear transfer with gene-targeted somatic cells / A. John Clark, Sarah Burl, and Chris Denning -- Transgenesis using nuclear transfer in goats / Anthoula Lazaris ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming : an overview / Takashi Tada -- Expression of imprinted genes in cloned mice / Takashi Kohda, Fumitoshi Ishino, and Atsuo Ogura -- Nuclear remodeling assay in xenopus egg extract / Koichi Gonda and Nobuaki Kikyo -- In vitro reprogramming of nuclei and cells / Anne-Mari Håkelien ... [et al.] -- Techniques for nuclear transfer to mouse embryonic stem cells / Danielè Pralong and Paul J. Verma -- Gene expression and methylation patterns in cloned embryos / Christine Wrenzycki ... [et al.] -- Are there any normal clones? / Ian Wilmut -- Future and applications of cloning / Alan O. Trounson.Origin and progress of nuclear transfer in nonmammalian animals / Marie A. Di Berardino -- In vitro maturation and embryo production in cattle / Marc-André Sirard and Karine Coenen -- Activation of oocytes after nuclear transfer / Zoltán Macháty -- Culture medium preferences of pre-implantation cloned mouse embryos / Björn Heindryckx, Josiane Van der Elst, and Marc Dhont -- Maintenance of pregnancy in pigs with limited viable embryos / Tim King and Paul A. De Sousa -- Health and neonatal care of bovine clones / Jacqui T. Forsyth and David N. Wells -- Optimization of procedures for cloning by somatic cell nuclear transfer in mice / Young Gie Chung, Shaorong Gao, and Keith E. Latham -- Production of cloned calves using roscovitine-treated adult somatic cells as donors / Kazuchika Miyoshi, Sezen Arat, and Steven L. Stice -- A double nuclear transfer technique for cloning pigs / Irina A. Polejaeva, Shawn Walker, and Keith Campbell -- Nuclear transfer in nonhuman primates / Shoukhrat M. Mitalipov and Don P. Wolf --
- Nucleolus 2011, Springer
- Nutrients and cell signaling 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Oocyte biology in fertility preservation 2013, SpringerFertility preservation has become one of the most important and fast growing fields of reproductive medicine. Although there are several strategies for fertility preservation in female, most of them are still considered experimental. It is important to perfect the existing technologies, but also developing new strategies should be actively sought. The future development of fertility preservation strategies should be based on the sound scientific knowledge and principles. One of the main objectives of fertility preservation in females is prevention of oocyte depletion. The mechanisms of oocyte loss and survival in the ovary are complex, which include genetic control both in germ cells and in somatic cells, DNA damage and repair mechanism, apoptosis and autophagy, and other poorly understood molecular mechanisms.To develop clinically effective and safe strategies for fertility preservation, it is essential to know and understand the fundamentals of oocyte and ovarian biology at the molecular level. Thus, the purpose of this edition is to review the current progress in research related to molecular and genetic control of oocyte development that can be applied to fertility preservation. The main topics that are discussed in this publication include molecular signaling mechanisms of oocyte activation and loss, genomic integrity of oocytes, and epigenetics.
- Oogenesis 2013, SpringerThe oocyte is the largest and most mysterious cell in the body of mammalian organisms. Through its growth and maturation, it reaches extreme levels of specialization, while maintaining at the same time a condition of totipotency. Its unique ability, in co-operation with the spermatozoon, to give rise to a fully developed organism formed from hundreds of different tissues and myriads of individual cells has inspired intellectuals of all ages.Oogenesis finds impetus and purpose in casting scientific perspective towards this unique cell for the benefit of scientists and assisted reproductive technology (ART) specialists. The authors of the chapters are distinguished authorities in their respective areas of competence. From the opening of the book the reader is lead on a fantastic voyage from the formation of the primordial oocyte to the development of the early embryo, passing through crucial processes of oogenesis, such as co-ordination of oocyte and follicle growth, gene expression and organelle reorganization during growth and maturation, epigenetic mechanisms, regulation of meiosis, totipotency, cell polarity, oogenesis in vitro and maternal regulation of early development.
- Optical fluorescence microscopy 2011, SpringerFundamentals of optical microscopy / Franco Quercioli -- The white confocal: continuous spectral tuning in excitation and emission / Rolf Borlinghaus -- Second/third harmonic generation microscopy / Shakil Rehman ... [et al.] -- Role of scattering and nonlinear effects in the illumination and the photobleaching distribution profiles / Zeno Lavagnino, Francesca Cella Zanacchi and Alberto Diaspro -- New analytical tools for evaluation of spherical aberration in optical microscopy / Isabel Escobar ... [et al.] -- Improving image formation by pushing the signal-to-noise ratio / Emiliano Ronzitti ... [et al.] -- Site-specific labeling of proteins in living cells using synthetic fluorescent dyes / Gertrude Bunt -- Imaging molecular physiology in cells using FRET-based fluorescent nanosensors / Fred S. Wouters -- Measuring molecular dynamics by FRAP, FCS, and SPT / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- In vitro-in vivo fluctuation spectroscopies / M. Collini ... [et al.] -- Interference x-ray diffraction from single muscle cells reveals the molecular basis of muscle braking / L. Fusi ... [et al.] -- Low concentration protein detection using novel SERS devices / Gobind Das ... [et al.] -- Near infrared three-dimensional nonlinear optical monitoring of stem cell differentiation / Uday K. Tirlapur and Clarence Yapp -- A correlative microscopy: a combination of light and electron microscopy / Umberto Fascio and Anna Sartori-Rupp.
- Oral cytology 2013, Springer
- Orphan G protein-coupled receptors and novel neuropeptides 2006, Springer
- Osmosensing and osmosignaling 2007, ScienceDirectWater compartments in cells / G. D. Fullerton ... [et al.] -- Yeast osmoregulation / S. Hohmann ... [et al.] -- Physiological analysis of bacterial mechanosensitive channels / I. R. Booth ... [et al.] -- Control of cell cycle in response to osmostress: Lessons from yeast / J. Clotet ... [et al.] -- Bacterial osmosensing transporters / J. M. Wood -- Plant gene networks in osmotic stress response: From genes to regulatory networks / L. S. Tran ... [et al.] -- Osmosensing by integrins in rat liver / F. Schliess ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic activation of the CD95 system / R. Reinehr ... [et al.] -- New approaches for determining apoptotic volume decrease in cells / C. D. Bortner ... [et al.] -- Transient receptor potential channels in mechanosensing and cell volume regulation / S. F. Pedersen ... [et al.] -- Cell volume regulatory ion channels in cell proliferation and cell death / F. Lang ... [et al.] -- Actin cytoskeleton architecture and signaling in osmosensing / E. A. Papakonstanti ... [et al.] -- Osmotic stress and DNA damage / N. I. Dmitrieva ... [et al.] -- Transcriptional activator tone-binding protein in cellular protection and differentiation / J. A. Kim ... [et al.] -- Desiccation response of mammalian cells: Anhydrosignaling / Z. Huang ... [et al.] -- Tonicity-regulated gene expression / J. D. Ferraris ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic induction of mitogen-activated protein kinase scaffolding / T. L. Hilder ... [et al.] -- Osmoregulation of bile formation / R. Kubitz ... [et al.] -- Osmosignaling and volume regulation in intestinal epithelial cells / C. H. Lim ... [et al.] -- Osmotic regulation of cellular glucose uptake / P. Gual ... [et al.] -- Effects of osmolytes on protein folding and aggregation in cells / Z. Ignatova ... [et al.] -- Simulations of macromolecules in protective and denaturing osmolytes: Properties of mixed solvent systems and their effects on water and protein structure and dynamics / D. A. Beck ... [et al.] -- Application of the transfer model to understand how naturally occurring osmolytes affect protein stability / M. Auton ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of high salinity tolerance in plants / N. Tuteja -- Phenotype of the taurine transporter knockout mouse / U. Warskulat ... [et al.] -- Molecular basis of osmolyte effects on protein and metabolites / J. Rosgen -- Methods of changing biopolymer volume fraction and cytoplasmic solute concentrations for in vivo biophysical studies / M. C. Konopka ... [et al.] -- Characterization of plant aquaporins / R. Kaldenhoff ... [et al.].
- Pancreatic stem cells 2009, Springer
- Peroxiredoxin systems 2007, SpringerIntroduction / Leopold Flohé and J. Robin Harris -- Evolution of the peroxiredoxins / Bernard Knoops, Eléonore Loumaye and Valérie Van Der Eecken -- Structural survey of the peroxiredoxins / P. Andrew Karplus and Andrea Hall -- The catalytic mechanism of peroxiredoxins / Leslie B. Poole -- Kinetics of peroxiredoxins and their role in the decomposition of peroxynitrite / Madia Trujillo ... [et al.] -- The peroxiredoxin repair proteins / Thomas J. Jönsson and W. Todd Lowther -- Peroxiredoxins in bacterial antioxidant defense / James M. Dubbs and Skorn Mongkolsuk -- The NADH oxidase-Prx system in Amphibacillus xylanus / Youichi Niimura -- Peroxiredoxin systems in mycobacteria / Timo Jaeger -- Peroxiredoxin systems of protozoal parasites / Marcel Deponte, Stefan Rahlfs and Katja Becker -- The trypanothione system / Luise R. Krauth-Siegel, Marcelo A. Comini and Tanja Schlecker -- Functions of typical 2-Cys peroxiredoxins in yeast / Brian A. Morgan and Elizabeth A. Veal -- The dual function of plant peroxiredoxins in antioxidant defence and redox signaling / Karl-Josef Dietz -- Mitochondrial peroxiredoxins / Zhenbo Cao, J. Gordon Lindsay and Neil W. Isaacs -- Peroxiredoxins in the lung with emphasis on peroxiredoxin VI / Bruno Schremmer ... [et al.] -- Peroxiredoxins in gametogenesis and embryo development / Isabelle Donnay and Bernard Knoops -- Peroxiredoxins in the central nervous system / Fumiyuki Hattori and Shinzo Oikawa -- Stress-induced peroxiredoxins / Tetsuro Ishii and Toru Yanagawa.
- Perspectives of stem cells 2010, Springer
- Phagocytosis of dying cells 2009, Springer
- Photoautotrophic (sugar-free medium) micropropagation as a new micropropagation and transplant production system 2005, Springer
- Plant cell culture protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer Protocols
- Polyamine cell signaling 2006, SpringerPolyamine structure and synthetic analogs / Patrick M. Woster -- Acute increases in intracellular putrescine lead to the increase in steady-state levels of c-fos, c-jun, RING3, and Id-1 mRNAs / Allan A. Ancheta, Leo Hawel III, and Craig V. Byus -- Polyamine-dependent early cellular signals and cell proliferation / Stina M. Oredsson -- Cellular signals mediating growth arrest after polyamine depletion / Jian-Ying Wang -- Role of polyamines in the regulation of chromatin acetylation / Cheryl A. Hobbs and Susan K. Gilmour -- Role of polyamines in regulation of sequence-specific DNA binding activity / Sripriya Venkiteswaran, Thresia Thomas, and T.J. Thomas -- Polyamine metabolism and the hypertrophic heart / Lisa M. Shantz and Emanuele Giordano -- Influence of polyamines on breast cancer biology / Andrea Manni -- Polyamines in regulation of prostatic cell growth / Raymond G. Schipper ... [et al.] --Polyamines and cytoskeletal regulation during intestinal epithelial restitution / Ramesh M. Ray and Leonard R. Johnson -- Regulation of Kv channel activity and intercellular junctions by polyamines in intestinal epithelial cells / Jaladanki N. Rao and Jian-Ying Wang -- Polyamine block of Kir channels: toward a molecular picture / Harley T. Kurata and Colin G. Nichols -- Regulation of ornithine decarboxylase expression / Lo Persson -- Evidence for a multistep model for eukaryotic polyamine transport / Richard Poulin ... [et al.] -- Bacterial and eukaryotic transport systems / Kazuei Igarashi and Keiko Kashiwagi -- Regulation of S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase / Colin Hanfrey -- Genetic engineering of polyamine catabolism in transgenic mice and rats / Juhani Jänne ... [et al.].Polyamines in kidney biology / Joseph Satriano -- Polyamines in pulmonary vascular biology / Jack W. Olson and Mark N. Gillespie -- Recent advances in the understanding of mammalian polyamine catabolism: the regulation and potential role of polyamine catabolism in drug response and disease processes / Robert A. Casero, Jr. ... [et al.] -- Cellular signaling and polyamines in the control of apoptosis in intestinal epithelial cells / Leonard R. Johnson and Ramesh M. Ray -- The role of ornithine decarboxylase in Myc-induced tumorigenesis / Jonas A. Nilsson and John L. Cleveland -- Protective effect of polyamines on NSAID-induced injury and apoptosis / Heather M. Wallace and Alun Hughes -- Role of polyamines in the control of the immune response in the brain / Denis Soulet and Serge Rivest -- Implication of polyamines in apoptosis of immunoresponse cells / Rupesh Chaturvedi and Keith T. Wilson -- Polyamines and cancer / Ajit K. Verma -- Polyamine pools and cancer prevention / Eugene W. Gerner and David E. Stringer --
- Potassium channels 2008, Springer ProtocolsIdentifying transcriptional regulatory regions using reporter genes and DNA-protein interactions by chromatin immunoprecipitation / Lezanne Ooi and Ian C. Wood -- Quantitative RT-PCR methods for investigation of low copy potassium channel gene expresssion in native murine arteries / Alex Cheong, Samuel J. Fountain, and David J. Beech -- Cloning of potassium chanel splice variants from tissues and cells / Lie Chen and Michael J. Shipston -- Chemiluminescence assays to investigate membrane expression and clathrin-mediated endocytosis of KATP channels / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Investigation of KATP channel endocytosis by immunofluorescence / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Investigation of KATP channel endocytosis and cell surface density by biotinylation and western blotting / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Lipid microdomains and K+ channel compartmentation : detergent and non-detergent-based methods for the isolation and characterisation of cholesterol-enriched lipid rafts / Laura J. Sampson and Caroline Dart -- Determination of phosphoinositide binding to K+ channel subunits using a protein-lipid overlay assay / Alison M. Thomas and Andrew Tinker -- Protein complex analysis of native brain potassium channels by proteomics / Guillaume Sandoz and Florian Lesage -- Xenopus oocytes as a heterologous expression system for studying ion channels with the patch-clamp technique / Paolo Tammaro, Kenju Shimomura, and Peter Proks -- Whole-cell recording using the perforated patch clamp technique / Jonathan D. Lippiat -- Recording the activity of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in open-cell cell-attached configuration / Andrei I. Tarasov -- Planar patch clamp : advances in electrophysiology / Andrea Brüggemann ... [et al.] -- Analysing steroid modulation of BKCa channels reconstituted into planar lipid bilayers / Heidi de Wet, Jonathan D. Lippiat, and Marcus Allen -- Using bioluminescence resonance energy transfer to measure ion channel assembly / Gina M. Whitaker and Eric A. Accili -- The use of FRET microscopy to elucidate steady state channel conformational rearrangements and G protein interaction with the GIRK channels / Adi Raveh, Inbal Riven, and Eitan Reuveny -- The voltage-clamp fluorometry technique / Chris S. Gandhi and Riccardo Olcese -- Identification of mutations in the Kir6.2 subunit of the KATP channel / Sarah E. Flanagan and Sian Ellard -- Modulation of potassium ion channel proteins utilising antibodies / Mark L. Dallas, Susan A. Deuchars, and Jim Deuchars -- Fluorescence-based Tl+-influx assays as a novel approach for characterization of small-conductance CA²⁺-activated K+ channel modulators / Susanne Jørgensen, Tina H. Johansen, and Tino Dyhring -- Rubidium efflux as a tool for the pharmacological characterisation of compounds with BK channel opening properties / Neil G. McKay, Robert W. Kirby, and Kim Lawson -- Recording hERG potassium currents and assessing the effects of compounds using the whole-cell patch-clamp technique / Ray M. Helliwell.
- Primary cilia 2009, ScienceDirect
- Principles of clinical cytogenetics. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerHistory of clinical cytogenetics / Steven L. Gersen -- DNA, chromosomes, and cell division / Martha Keagle -- Human chromosome nomenclature: an overview and definition of terms / Avirachan Tharapel -- Basic laboratory procedures / Martha B. Keagle and Steven L. Gersen -- Microscopy / Christopher McAleer -- Quality control and quality assurance / Michael Watson and Steven L. Gersen -- Instrumentation in the cytogenetics laboratory / Steven L. Gersen and Lotte Downey -- Autosomal aneuploidy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Structural chromosome rearrangements / Kathleen Kaiser-Rogers and Kathleen Rao -- Sex chromosomes and sex chromosome abnormalities / Cynthia M. Powell -- The cytogenetics of infertility / Linda Marie Randolph -- Prenatal cytogenetics / Linda Marie Randolph -- The cytogenetics of spontaneous abortion / Solveig M.V. Pflueger -- Chromosome instability / Xiao-Xiang Zhang -- Cytogenetics of hematologic neoplasms / Rizwan Naeem -- Cytogenetics of solid tumors / Jonathan Fletcher -- Genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Fluroescence in situ hybridization (FISH) / Daynna Wolff and Stuart Schwartz -- Fragile X: from cytogenetics to molecular genetics / Patricia Howard-Peebles and Dana Crawford -- Genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Genetic counseling / Sarah Hutchings Clark.
- Programmed cell death in cancer progression and therapy 2008, SpringerCell death : history and future / Zahra Zakeri and Richard A. Lockshin -- Caspase mechanisms / Guy S. Salvesen and Stefan J. Riedl -- The mitochondrial death pathway / Anas Chalah and Roya Khosravi-Far -- Apoptotic pathways in tumor progression and therapy / Armelle Melet ... [et al.] -- Therapeutic targeting of death pathways in cancer : mechanisms for activating cell death in cancer cells / Ting-Ting Tan and Eileen White -- Overcoming resistance to apoptosis in cnacer therapy / Peter Hersey, Xu Dong Zhang, and Nizar Mhaidat -- Trail receptors : targets for cancer therapy / Robin C. Humphreys and Wendy Halpern -- Rational design of therapeutics targeting the BCL-2 family : are some cancer cells primed for death but waiting for a final push? / Victoria Del Gaizo Moore and Anthony Letai -- Autophagy and tumor suppression : recent advancesin understanding the link between autophagic cell death pathways and tumor development / Shani Bialik and Adi Kimchi -- Regulation of programmed cell death by the P53 pathway / Kageaki Kuribayashi and Wafik S. El-Deiry -- Regulation of programmed cell death by NF-[kappa]B and its role in tumorigenesis and therapy / Yongjun Fan ... [et al.] -- Targeting proteasomes as therapy in multiple myeloma / Dharminer Chauhan, Teru Hideshima, and Kenneth C. Anderson -- Histone deacetylase inhibitors : mechanisms and clinical significance in cancer : HDAC inhibitor-induced apoptosis / Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava -- RNA interference and cancer : endogenous pathways and therapeutic approaches / Derek M. Dykxhoorn, Dipanjan Chowdhury, and Judy Lieberman -- Cancer stem cells and impaired apoptosis / Zainab Jagani and Roya Khosravi-Far.
- Prokaryotic cell wall compounds 2010, SpringerPart I. Cell Wall Polymers and Structures of Bacteria -- 1. The Murein Sacculus / Silke Litzinger and Christoph Mayer -- 2. Occurrence, Structure, Chemistry, Genetics, Morphogenesis, and Functions of S-Layers / Paul Messner, Christina Schäffer, Eva-Maria Egelseer, and Uwe B. Sleytr -- 3. Bacterial Polysaccharide Capsules / David Corbett, Thomas Hudson, and Ian S. Roberts -- 4. Lipopolysaccharides / Alba Silipo, Cristina De Castro, Rosa Lanzetta, Michelangelo Parrilli, and Antonio Molinaro -- 5. Structure, Biosynthesis, and Function of Teichoic Acids and Related Cell Wall Glycopolymers in the Gram-positive Cell Envelope / Maren Rautenberg, Thomas Kohler, Guoqing Xia, Emir Kulauzovic, and Andreas Peschel -- 6. Outer Membrane Proteins / Oliver Mirus, Alexander Hahn, and Enrico Schleiff -- Part II. Cell Wall Polymers and Structures of Archaea -- 7. Cell Envelopes of Methanogens / Harald Claus and Helmut König -- 8. The Cell Envelopes of Haloarchaea: Staying in Shape in a World of Salt / Jerry Eichler, Mehtap Abu-Qarn, Zvia Konrad, Hilla Magidovich, Noa Plavner, and Sophie Yurist-Doutsch -- 9. Cell Envelopes of Crenarchaeota and Nanoarchaeota / Reinhard Rachel -- Part III. Biological Activities -- 10. Immunochemistry of the Cell Walls of Methanogenic Archaea: A View from the Past into the Future / Everly Conway de Macario and Alberto J.L. Macario -- 11. Cell Wall Structure and Pathogenicity / T.A. Oelschlaeger, U. Dobrindt, and J. Hacker -- Part IV. Cell Wall Growth and Inhibition -- 12. Cell Wall Targeted Antibiotics / Regine Hakenbeck, Reinhold Brückner, and Bernhard Henrich -- 13. Bacterial Autolysins / Marie-Pierre Chapot-Chartier -- Part V. Cell Wall Interactions -- 14. Prokaryotic Cell-Cell Interaction / Reinhard Wirth -- 15. Adhesion of Bacteria to Protists / Renate Radek -- Part VI. Application of Cell Wall Components -- 16. Prokaryotic Cell Wall Components: Structure and Biochemistry / Uwe B. Sleytr, Eva-Maria Egelseer, Nicola Ilk, Paul Messner, Christina Schäffer, Dietmar Pum, and Bernhard Schuster -- 17. Accumulation of Heavy Metals by Micro-organisms: Biomineralization and Nanocluster Formation / Sonja Selenska-Pobell and Mohamed Merroun.
- Prominin-1 (CD133) 2013, Springer
- Prostate cancer 2013, Springer
- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part B, Molecular mechanisms of conformational diseases 2007, Springer
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Centrosome .............................
- Chemical genomics ......................
- — Kinetochore ............................
- Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive ...
- — Protein misfolding, aggregation, and ...
- Protein phosphorylation in aging and ...
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases