Books by Subject
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Cytokines ..............................
- Cytoskeleton of the nervous system .....
- — Molecular mechanisms of adult stem ce...
- Mortalin biology .......................
- — Transcriptional and translational reg...
- Transforming growth factor-β in cance...
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Mortalin biology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Structure and Function of Mortalin /Birth of Mortalin: Multiple Names, Niches and Functions Connecting Stress, Senescence and Cancer /Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul --Mortalin's Machinery /Custer C. Deocaris, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --The Role of Mortalin in Iron Homeostasis /Wen-I Luo and James A. Cowan --Functional Characteristics of Mortalin /Walter A. Baseler, Tara L. Croston and John M. Hollander --Part 2.Mortalin in Evolution2 Deocaris /Mortalin and Drosophila DmHsp22: Two Mitochondrial Chaperones Regulating Aging and Carcinogenesis /Marie Le Pécheur, Geneviève Morrow and Robert M. Tanguay --Mortalin in Invertebrates and The Induction of Apoptosis by Wild-Type p53 Following Defeat of Mortalin-Based Cytoplasmic Sequestration in Cancerous Clam Hemocytes /Charles W. Walker, Ben Low and S. Anne Böttger --Mortalin and Stem Cells: A Study from Planarians /Renata Batistoni --Part 3.Mortalin in Health and Disease /Mortalin in Cell Protection from Immune Attack /Moran Saar, Oren Moskovich and Zvi Fishelson --Mortalin in Neurological Diseases /Jinghua Jin, Jing Zhang, Travis J. Cook and Jake G. Hoekstra --Loss of Mortalin Function in Parkinson's Disease-Supporting the Mitochondrial Pathway of Neurodegeneration /Lena F. Burbulla and Rejko Krüger --Hsp75/mortalin and Protection from Ischemic Brain Injury /Robin E. White, Yi-Bing Ouyang and Rona G. Giffard --Catecholamine Regulated Protein (CRP40), A Splice Variant of Mortalin-2: Functional Role in CNS Disorders /Joseph P. Gabriele, Sarah E. Groleau, Ritesh P. Daya, Zdenek B. Pristupa and Ram K. Mishra --Chaperonopathies: Diseases in Which Mortalin and Other Hsp-Chaperones Play a Role in Etiology and Pathogenesis /Alberto J. L. Macario, Francesco Cappello and Everly Conway de Macario --Part 4.Mortalin and Cancer /Many Faces of Mortalin and Tid1 /Ohad Iosefson and Abdussalam Azem --Mortalin: A Positive Regulator of Centrosome Duplication and Amplification /Masayuki Kanai and Kenji Fukasawa --Mortalin Expression in Normal and Neoplastic Tissues /Angheliki Nomikos, Sinclair R. Dundas and Graeme I. Murray --Mortalin-p53 Interaction as a Target for Liver Cancer Therapy /Wen-Jing Lu, Nikki P. Lee, Renu Wadhwa and John M. Luk --Mortalin Targeting Gadgets for Cancer Therapy /Chae-Ok Yun and Renu Wadhwa --Part 5.Mortalin Based Technologies /Cell Internalizing Anti-Mortalin Antibody for Generation of Illuminating MSCs for Long-Term In vitro and In vivo Tracking /Toshimasa Uemura, Masanori Nishi, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --Mortalin Staining Pattern as a Reporter for Cell Based Anti-Cancer Drug Screening /Ran Gao, Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi and Renu Wadhwa --Cell Internalizing Anti-mortalin Antibody as a Nanocarrier /Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi, Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul.
- Mouse development-- from oocyte to stem cells 2012, SpringerPost-transcriptional Control of Gene Expression During Mouse Oogenesis /Hugh J. Clarke --Polarity and Asymmetry During Mouse Oogenesis and Oocyte Maturation /Malgorzata Kloc, Rafik M. Ghobrial, Ewa Borsuk and Jacek Z. Kubiak --Chromatin Structure and ATRX Function in Mouse Oocytes /Rabindranath De La Fuente, Claudia Baumann and Maria M. Viveiros --Cyclin B in Mouse Oocytes and Embryos: Importance for Human Reproduction and Aneuploidy /Zbigniew Polański, Hayden Homer and Jacek Z. Kubiak --Src Protein Kinases in Mouse and Rat Oocytes and Embryos /Mattan Levi, Lihi Ninio-Mani and Ruth Shalgi --Gradual Meiosis-To-Mitosis Transition in the Early Mouse Embryo /Aurélien Courtois and Takashi Hiiragi --Maternal Control of Mouse Preimplantation Development /Wenjing Zheng and Kui Liu --Preimplantation Mouse Embryo: Developmental Fate and Potency of Blastomeres /Aneta Suwińska --Creation of Trophectoderm, the First Epithelium, in Mouse Preimplantation Development /Yusuke Marikawa and Vernadeth B. Alarcon --Cell Lineage Allocation Within the Inner Cell Mass of the Mouse Blastocyst /Panagiotis Xenopoulos, Minjung Kang and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis --Formation of Distinct Cell Types in the Mouse Blastocyst /Samantha A. Morris and Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz --Cell Movements in the Egg Cylinder Stage Mouse Embryo /Bradley Joyce and Shankar Srinivas --Balancing the Dose in the Mouse /Mary E. Donohoe --Mouse Oviduct Development /C. Allison Stewart and Richard R. Behringer --Cell Lineages, Growth and Repair of the Mouse Heart /Fabienne Lescroart and Sigolène M. Meilhac --Cellular Reprogramming During Mouse Development /Zoë D. Burke, Gabriela Miron-Buchacra and David Tosh --Differentiation of Definitive Endoderm from Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells /Peter T. W. Kim and Christopher J. Ong --Mouse and Human Pluripotent Stem Cells and the Means of Their Myogenic Differentiation /I. Grabowska, K. Archacka, A. M. Czerwinska, M. Krupa and M. A. Ciemerych --Stem Cells and Corneal Epithelial Maintenance: Insights from the Mouse and Other Animal Models /Richard L. Mort, Panagiotis Douvaras, Steven D. Morley, Natalie Dorà and Robert E. Hill, et al. --Mouse-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells /Hui Zhang and Ying Jin --Aging in the Mouse and Perspectives of Rejuvenation Through Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) /Ken-ichi Isobe, Zhao Cheng, Sachiko Ito and Naomi Nishio.
- Natural killer cells 2010, Springer
- Natural killer cells 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1, Developmental stages and pathways of NK cell maturation / Bartosz Grzywacz, Jeffery S. Miller, Michael R. Verneris -- Chapter 2. Developmental origins of thymus-derived natural killer cells / James R. Carlyle, Juan C. Zúñiga-Pflücker -- Chapter 3. Interferon-producing killer dendritic cells (IKDC) / Franck Housseau -- Chapter 4. Natural killer cells in cancer / Petter Höglund, Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren -- Chapter 5. NK cell immune recognition: NKG2D ligands and stressed cells / Carlos López-Larrea, Alejandro López-Soto, Segundo González -- Chapter 6. NK cell KIR heterogeneity and evolution / Makoto Yawata, Nobuyo Yawata -- Chapter 7. Signalling events in natural killer cells / P.K. Epling-Burnette, Sheng Wei, Julie Y. Djeu -- Chapter 8. Human natural killer cell development / Edward L. Briercheck, Aharon G. Freud, Michael A. Caligiuri -- Chapter 9. Isolation, culture and propagation of natural killer cells / Michael Magee, Lazar N. Vujanovic, Lisa H. Butterfield, Nikola L. Vujanovic -- Chapter 10. The localization and migration of natural killer cells in health and disease / Vasileios Bekiaris, Peter J.L. Lane -- Chapter 11. Receptors on NK cells / Noam Stern-Ginossar, Ofer Mandelboim -- Chapter 12. Development and testing of NK cell lines / Hans Klingemann -- Chapter 13. NK cell-derived cytokines and delivery: NK cell synapses / Claudia Semino, Anna Rubartelli -- Chapter 14. NK cells as recipients of cytokine signals / Tara J. Loux, Michael T. Lotze, Herbert J. Zeh III -- Chapter 15. NK cells and chemokines / Angela Gismondi, Giovanni Bernardini, Angela Santoni -- Chapter 16. Natural killer cytolytic activity / Lesley R. de Armas, Eckhard R. Podack -- Chapter 17. Illuminating intranodal natural killer cell behaviour using two-photon microscopy / Kym R. Garrod, Michael D. Cahalan -- Chapter 18. Dendritic cells and NK cells / Amy K. Wesa, Robbie B. Mailliard -- Chapter 19. NK and NKT cells: The innate-adaptive interface including humoral responses / Jeff Subleski, Jonathan M. Weiss, Robert H. Wiltrout, John R. Ortaldo -- Chapter 20. NK cell and endothelial cell interactions / Angela Gismondi, Claudia Carlino, Helena Stabile, Angela Santoni -- Chapter 21. Natural killer cell/epithelial interactions / Taisuke Ito, Masao Takei, Ralf Paus -- Chapter 22. NK cell-T cell interactions / Benedict J. Chambers -- Chapter 23. NK cells and NKT cells in cutaneous disorders / Anna Balato, Anthony A. Gaspari -- Chapter 24. Natural killer cells in the respiratory tract / Borna Mehrad --Chapter 25. Intestinal natural killer cells / Martin R. Goodier -- Chapter 26. Natural killer cells in the liver / Shiguang Qian, Jia Fan, Shuang-Jian Qiu, Yong-sheng Xiao, Lina Lu -- Chapter 27. Natural killer cells in the spleen and lymph node / Alex Karlsson-Parra -- Chapter 28. Nature killer cells in the central nervous system / Fu-Dong Shi, Richard M. Ransohoff -- Chapter 29. NK cells in the eye / Jerry Y. Niederkorn -- Chapter 30. NK cells and reproduction / Ashley Moffett, Victoria H. Male -- Chapter 31. Identification of natural killer cells in tissues and their isolation / Paolo Carrega, Erika Montalto, Guido Ferlazzo -- Chapter 32. Natural killer cell immune regulation: Coordination of immune function in tissues / Lorenzo Moretta, Alessandro Moretta -- Chapter 33. Natural killer cells and transplantation / Benjamin M. Matta, Angus W. Thomson -- Chapter 34. Natural killer cells and autoimmunity / Christian Münz -- Chapter 35. Interaction of NK cells with bacteria / Kenji Chamoto, Daiko Wakita, Shinichi Koizumi, Kazutaka Masuko, Takayuki Ikeda, Rieko Mitamura, Takashi Nishimura -- Chapter 36. Natural killer cells and human immunodeficiency virus / Domenico Mavilio, Anne Hosmalin, Daniel Scott-Algara -- Chapter 37. Cytomegalovirus infection and NK cells / Jerome D. Coudert, Christopher E. Andoniou, Mariapia A. Degli-Esposti -- Chapter 38. Natural killer cells in allergy / Syh-Jae Lin, Yen-Chang Lee, Dah-Chin Yan, Ming-Ling Kuo -- Chapter 39. Natural killer cells in wound healing / Jussi Liippo, Mervi Toriseva, Veli-Matti Kähäri -- Chapter 40. Natural killer cells in atherosclerosis / Godfrey S. Getz, Catherine A. Reardon -- Chapter 41. Natural killer cells in leukaemia / Jérôme Rey, Cyril Fauriat, Alessandro Moretta, Régis Costello, Daniel Olive -- Chapter 42. Natural killer cells and allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation / Andrea Velardi -- Chapter 43. Clinical trials of NK cells for cancer / Sarah Cooley, Jeffrey S. Miller -- Chapter 44. Natural killer cells and hepatitis C virus infection / Michael A. Nalesnik, Tatsuya Kanto -- Chapter 45. Natural killer cells and the biology of parasitism / Marianne A. Bryan, Karen A. Norris -- Chapter 46. Lymphoproliferative disorders of natural killer cells / William G. Morice -- Chapter 47. Natural killer cell induction of tolerance / Lina Lu, Alexandra Y. Zhang, William L. Camp, Shiguang Qian -- Chapter 48. Genetic engineering of natural killer cells / Stephen R. Goding, Per H. Basse -- Chapter 49. NK cell-mediated target cell death / Beverly Z. Packard, Akira Komoriya, David S. Ucker -- Chapter 50. NK-cell tracking using non-invasive imaging modalities / Priyanka Jha, Verena Reinhart, Christiane Knopp, Siyuan Liu, Winfried S. Wels, Michael F. Wendland, Heike Daldrup-Link.
- Natural killer T cells 2012, SpringerIntroduction : mechanisms of NKT-cell-mediated adjuvant activity and function of iPS-derived NKT cells / Masaru Taniguchi ... [et al.] -- Structure and recognition of antigens for invariant NKT cells / Bo Pei and Mitchell Kronenberg -- Invariant NKT cell-based vaccine strategies / John-Paul Jukes ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation of tumor immunity by NKT cells / Jessica J. O'Konek, Jay A. Berzofsky, and Masaki Terabe -- The regulation of CD1d+ and CD1d- tumors by NKT cells : the roles of NKT cells in regulating CD1d+ and CD1d- tumor immunity / Jianyun Liu, Gourapura J. Renukaradhya, and Randy R. Brutkiewicz -- DC-based immunotherapy targeting NKT cells / Shin-ichiro Fujii and Kanako Shimizu -- Therapeutic approaches utilising NKT cells / Stephen R. Mattarollo and Mark J. Smyth -- NKT cells or cancer patients and how models can inform therapeutic plans / Mark A. Exley, Lydia Lynch, and Michael Nowak -- Understanding the role of natural killer T cells in hematologic malignancies : progress and challenges / Natalia Neparidze and Madhav V. Dhodapkar -- Clinical trials with alpha-galactosylceramide (KRN7000) in advanced cancer / Famke L. Schneiders ... [et al.] -- Clinical trials of invariant natural killer T cell-based immunotherapy for cancer / Shinichiro Motohashi, Yoshitaka Okamoto, and Toshinori Nakayama.
- Neural stem cells 2002, Springer Protocols
- Neural stem cells. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsDefinitions and criteria for stem cells / Leslie P. Weiner -- Neural stem cells and the future treatment of neurological diseases : raising the standard / Jaime Imitola and Samia J. Khoury -- Neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Mirella Dottori and Martin F. Pera -- Generating neurons from stem cells / Andreas Androutsellis-Theotokis ... [et al.] -- Isolation of neural stem and precursor cells from rodent tissue / Yuanyuan Wu ... [et al.] -- Adult rodent spinal cord-derived neural stem cells : isolation and characterization / Lamya S. Shihabuddin -- Adult neural stem cells / Rossella Galli, Angela Gritti, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Olfactory ensheathing cells : isolation and culture from the neonatal olfactory bulb / Susan C. Barnett and A. Jane Roskams -- Culturing olfactory ensheathing cells from the mouse olfactory epithelium / Miranda Richter, Kathryn Westendorf, and A. Jane Roskams -- Production and characterization of immortal human neural stem cell line with multipotent differentiation property / Seung U. Kim ... [et al.] -- Preparation of neural progenitors from bone marrow and umbilical cord blood / Shijie Song and Juan Sanchez-Ramos --Production of neurospheres from CNS tissue / Gregory P. Marshall II ... [et al.] -- Nuclear transfer to study the nuclear reprogramming of human stem cells / Shigeo Saito ... [ et al.] -- Clonal analyses and cryopreservation of neural stem cell cultures / Angela Gritti, Rossella Galli, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Telomere neurobiology / Mark P. Mattson, Peisu Zhang, and Aiwu Cheng -- Chromosomal mosaicism in neural stem cells / Suzanne E. Peterson ... [et al.] -- In vitro assays for neural stem cell differentiation : induction of dopaminergic phenotype / Marcel M. Daadi -- In vitro migration assays of neural stem cells / Pascale Durbec .. [et al.] -- Measuring apoptosis in neural stem cells / Brett T. Lund and Eve E. Kelland -- Markers of adult neural stem cells / Eric Wexler -- Differential gene expression in ES-derived neural stem cells by using RT-PCR / Nicole Slawny, Crystal Pacut, and Theresa E. Gratsch -- Microfluidic devices for high-throughput gene expression profiling of single hESC-derived neural stem cells / Yan Chen and Jiang F. Zhong --Electroporation strategies for genetic manipulation and cell labeling / Terence J. Van Raay, Rhonda T. Lassiter, and Michael R. Stark -- Novel and immortalization-based protocols for the generation of neural CNS stem cell lines for gene therapy approaches / Luciano Conti and Elena Cattaneo -- Identification of newborn cells by BrdU labeling and immunocytochemistry in vivo / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Immunocytochemical analysis of neuronal differentiation / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Neuroanatomical tracing of neuronal projections with Fluoro-Gold / Lisa A. Catapano, Sanjay S. Magavi, and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Labeling stem cells in vitro for identification of their differentiated phenotypes after grafting into the CNS / Qi-lin Cao, Stephen M. Onifer, and Scott R. Whittemore -- Optimizing stem cell grafting into the CNS / Scott R. Whittemore ... [et al.] -- Routes of stem cell administration in the adult rodent / Alison E. Willing ... [et al.]
- Neurobiology of respiration 2013, SpringerAltered histone deacetylase activity and iNOS expression in cells isolated from induced sputum of COPD patients treated with tiotropium -- Involvement of NF-[kappa]B and muscle specific E3 ubiquitin ligase MuRF1 in cigarette smoke-induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Siglec-8 in induced sputum of COPD patients -- Essential amino acid leucine and proteasome inhibitor MG132 attenuate cigarette smoke induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Smoking denial in cardiovascular disease studies -- Differential effects of kainic acid lesions in medullary raphe on cough and sneeze in anesthetized rabbits -- Detection of Chlamydophila pneumoniae antigens in patients with chronic cough -- Antioxidant activity of herbal polysaccharides and cough reflex -- Cytoglobin and neuroglobin in the human brainstem and carotid body -- Flow cytometry in the diagnosis of influenza -- Accuracy of rapid influenza detection test in diagnosis of influenza A and B viruses in children less than 59 months old -- Virological monitoring of influenza activity and influenza-like illness in the epidemic season 2011-2012 in Poland -- Incidence of Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection in children during 2007-2010 -- Clinical features and outcomes of influenza A and B infections in children -- Respiratory complications in children hospitalized with Varicella -- Hyponatremia in children hospitalized due to pneumonia -- In vitro sensitivity of Acinetobacter baumannii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa to carbapenems among intensive care unit patients -- Prevalence of acute respiratory tract diseases among soldiers deployed for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan --In vitro susceptibility of Staphylococci and Enterococci to vancomycin and teicoplanin -- Sinusitis in people living in the Medieval Ages -- Immunization coverage against capsular bacteria in splenectomized patients -- Umbilical cord blood gas content, postnatal state of neonates, and lactation after caesarean and natural childbirth -- Respiratory function in pregnant women -- Lung function in patients with gastro-esophageal reflux disease and respiratory symptoms -- Efficacy of noninvasive mechanical ventilation in obese patients with chronic respiratory failure -- Near-infrared hemoencephalography for monitoring blood oxygenation in prefrontal cortical areas in diagnosis and therapy of developmental dyslexia -- Occlusal stabilization splint therapy in orofacial pain and tension-type headache -- Dynamics of upper airways during the Müller maneuver in healthy subjects: a cine MRI study -- EMG analysis of human inspiratory muscle resistance to fatigue during exercise -- Assessment of temporomandibular joint disease -- Spirometry Day: a means to enhance social knowledge on respiratory diseases -- Lung function in divers -- Influence of traffic-related air pollutants on lung function -- Fractional exhaled nitric oxide in clinical trials: an overview -- Real-time breath analysis in type 2 diabetes patients during cognitive effort -- Exhaled nitric oxide in specific inhalation challenge -- Integration of simulated multipotential signals: the role of integration window width and of the number of spikes --Functional and topographic concordance of right atrial neural structures inducing sinus tachycardia -- Occurrence of disseminated intravascular coagulation in 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced pneumonia in the rat -- Implementation of non-invasive methods in the diagnosis of diisocyanate-induced asthma -- Evaluation of a 4-steps-1-day whole body challenge protocol for the diagnosis of occupational asthma due to diisocyanates -- Occupational allergic respiratory diseases in garbage workers: relevance of molds and actinomycetes -- Th1, Th2, Th17, and regulatory cytokines in children with different clinical forms of allergy -- Soluble receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator in community-acquired pneumonia in children -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to metalworking fluids: how to find the antigens -- Angiogenic axis angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2/tie-2 in non-small cell lung cancer: a bronchoalveolar lavage and serum study -- Cancer incidence in pulmonary vasculitis -- Influence of delays in diagnosis and treatment on survival in small cell lung cancer -- Familial idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis -- High resolution computed tomography in 2-year follow-up of stage I sarcoidosis -- Altruistic aptitude: age-dependent influence of temperament and emotional intelligence -- Effect of socio-economic status on quality of life in people affected with respiratory allergy -- Exposure to paracetamol and antibiotics in early life and elevated risk of asthma in childhood -- Health behaviors and quality of life among patients with chronic respiratory disease -- Attitudes toward euthanasia among Polish physicians, nurses and people who have no professional experience with the terminally ill -- Death as a result of violent asphyxia in autopsy reports -- Respiratory and systemic infections in children with severe aplastic anemia on immunosupressive therapy.
- Neuroprotection methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsNeuronal death and neuroprotection : a review / Mariaelena Repici, Jean Mariani, and Tiziana Borsello -- The use of propidium iodide to assess excitotoxic neuronal death in primary mixed cortical cultures / Anthony C. Lau, Hong Cui, and Michael Tymianski -- A modified silver technique (de Olmos Stain) for assessment of neuronal and axonal degeneration / Tatyana I. Tenkova and Mark P. Goldberg -- Model of acute injury to study neuroprotection / Michal Schwartz and Jonathan Kipnis -- Organotypic entorhino-hippocampal slice cultures : a tool to study the molecular and cellular regulation of axonal regeneration and collateral sprouting in vitro / Domenico Del Turco and Thomas Deller -- Role of Nrf2-dependent ARE-driven antioxidant pathway in neuroprotection / Jiang Li ... [et al.] -- Biochemical methods to assess the coupling of brain energy metabolism in control and disease states / Jennifer Zechel, W. David Lust, and Michele Puchowicz -- A method for isolating prosurvival targets of NF-[kappa]B/rel transcription factors / Christian Kuntzen ... [et al.] -- Functional cloning of genes regulating apoptosis in neuronal cells / Roberta Visconti and Luciano D'Adamio -- Characterization of mRNA expression in single neurons / David M. Lin ... [et al.] -- Brain on a chip : a method to detect novel neuroprotective candidate targets / Yang Tang and Myriam Bernaudin -- Intracerebral infusion of neurotrophic factors / Theo Hagg -- Synthesis of cell-penetrating peptides and their application in neurobiology / Gunnar P.H. Dietz and Mathias Bähr -- The stem cells as a potential treatment for neurodegeneration / Ferrari Daniela, Angelo Luigi Vescovi, and Daniele Bottai -- In vivo tomographic imaging studies of neurodegeneration and neuroprotection : a review / Rikki N. Waterhouse and Jun Zhao.
- Neutron capture therapy 2012, Springer
- Neutrophil methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsThe role of neutrophils in the immune system: an overview / H.L. Malech -- Subcellular fractionation of human neutrophils and analysis of subcellular markers / L. Udby and N. Borregaard -- Rac and Rap GTPase activation assays / U.G. Knaus, A. Bamberg and G.M. Bokoch -- Measurement of phospholipid metabolism in intact neutrophils / S. Sergeant and L.C. McPhail -- Analysis of protein phosphorylation in human neutrophils / J. El-Benna and P.M.-C. Dang -- Mitogen-activated protein kinase assays / M. Torres -- Transduction of proteins into intact neutrophils / T. Zhao and G.M. Bokoch -- Optical methods for the measurement and manipulation of cytosolic free calcium in neutrophils / E.J. Hillson, S. Dewitt and M.B. Hallett -- Analysis of electrophysiological properties and responses of neutrophils / D. Morgan and T.E. DeCoursey -- Analysis of neutrophil apoptosis / E.L. Taylor ... [et al.] -- Optical and fluorescence detection of neutrophil integrin activation / U.Y. Schaff ... [et al.] -- Analysis of neutrophil polarization and chemotaxis / M.A. Lokuta, P.A. Nuzzi and A. Huttenlocher -- Quantifying and localizing actin-free barbed ends in neutrophils / M. Glogauer -- Measurement of neutrophil adhesion under conditions mimicking blood flow / M.A. Jutila ... [et al.] -- Model systems to investigate neutrophil adhesion and chemotaxis / N.A. Louis, E. Campbell and S.P. Colgan -- Immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy of neutrophils / L.-A.H. Allen -- Assessment of phagosome formation and maturation by fluorescence microscopy / B.E. Steinberg and S. Grinstein -- Analysis of neutrophil membrane traffic during phagocytosis / P. Loennbro, P. Nordenfelt and H. Tapper -- Analysis of neutrophil bactericidal activity / J.N. Green, C.C. Winterbourn and M.B. Hampton -- A skin chamber technique as a human model for studies of aseptic inflammatory reactions / P. Follin and C. Dahlgren -- Measurement of respiratory burst products generated by professional phagocytes / C. Dahlgren, A. Karlsson and J. Bylund -- The K-562 cell model for analysis of neutrophil NADPH oxidase function / T.L. Leto ... [et al.] -- Cell-free assays: the reductionist approach to the study of NADPH oxidase assembly, or "all you wanted to know about cell-free assays but did not dare to ask" / S. Molshanski-Mor ... [et al.] -- Immunoaffinity purification of human phagocyte flavocytochrome b and analysis of conformational dynamics / R.M. Taylor and A.J. Jesaitis -- Genome-scale transcript analyses in human neutrophils / S.D. Kobayashi, D.E. Sturdevant and F.R. DeLeo -- Fast and accurate quantitative analysis of cytokine gene expression in human neutrophils by reverse transcription real-time PCR / N. Tamassia, M.A. Cassatella and F. Bazzoni -- Detection of intact transcription factors in human neutrophils / P.P. McDonald and R.D. Ye -- Disorders of neutrophil function: an overview / M.C. Dinauer -- Diagnostic assays for chronic granulomatous disease and other neutrophil disorders / H.Z. Elloumi and S.M. Holland -- Diagnostic assays for myeloperoxidase deficiency / W.M. Nauseef.
- New frontiers of network analysis in systems biology 2012, SpringerGene Expression Profiling and Regulatory Networks in Single Cells /Fumio Arai, Kentaro Hosokawa, Yoshiko Matsumoto, Hirofumi Toyama and Toshio Suda --Cell Fate Regulatory Networks /Sonya J. Ridden and Ben D. MacArthur --Noise in Regulatory Networks /Srinandan Dasmahapatra --Generalised Modelling in Systems Biology /Thilo Gross --Relative Quantification Mass Spectrometry Using iTRAQ Isobaric Tags /Richard D. Unwin, Emma Carrick and Anthony D. Whetton --Deciphering Protein Complexes and Protein Interaction Networks for Stem Cell Pluripotency /Jianlong Wang --Omics Era in Stem Cell Research: Data Integration of Multi-regulatory Layers /Ana Sevilla, Benjamin Trinite and Ihor R. Lemischka --High Throughput Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry to Determine Protein Complex Interactions /Anna Malovannaya, Rainer B. Lanz, Bert W. O'Malley and Jun Qin --Network Pharmacology to Aid the Drug Discovery Process /Ruth Dannenfelser, Huilei Xu, Catherine Raimond and Avi Ma'ayan --What Can Networks Do for You? /Bernhard M. Schuldt, Franz-Josef Müller and Andreas A. Schuppert.
- Nitric oxide. Part D, Nitric oxide detection, mitochondria and cell functions, and peroxynitrite reactions 2002, ScienceDirect
- Novel developments in stem cell mobilization 2012, SpringerPart 1.Basic Science and Experimental Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Preclinical Experience with AMD3100 for Mobilization of Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells --Molecular Pharmacology of CXCR4 Inhibition --Combination Strategies for Stem Cell Mobilization Targeting CXCR4 and S1P Receptors --Should We Stay or Should We Go Now? --Cell Adhesion and Mobilization Pathways of Hematopoietic Cells --Role of the CXCR4/CXCL12 Axis in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Trafficking --Part 2.Clinical Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Front matter --Early Studies of AMD3100/Plerixafor in Healthy Volunteers --The Current Role of Plerixafor in Stem Cell Mobilization for Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation --Experience with Apheresis Procedures After Plerixafor Mobilisation --Influence of Different Stem Cell Mobilization Strategies on Graft Composition and Outcome of Autologous or Allogeneic Transplantation --Relevance and Clinical Implications of Tumor Cell Mobilization in Autologous Transplantation of Multiple Myeloma and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma --Plerixafor: Data from the Compassionate Use Program --Stem Cell Mobilization with Chemomobilization Plus Plerixafor in Hard-to-Mobilize Patients: The Experience at Kuopio University Hospital, Finland --Blood Stem Cell Mobilization in Solid Tumors: Experience with Plerixafor and Alternative Ways of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Mobilization --Mobilization with Chemotherapy + G-CSF + Plerixafor in Europe: The Italian Experience --Experience with Plerixafor in Poor Mobilizers --CXCR4 Antagonists --Part 3.CXCR4 Antagonists for Treatment of Leukemias and Solid Tumors --Front matter --Application of CXCR4 Inhibitors in Leukemia --CXCR4 Antagonists for the Treatment of CML --Targeting CXCR4 in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Preclinical Rationale and Early Clinical Experience --CXCR4-Blockade for Treatment of Breast Cancer --Molecular Imaging of CXCR4 Receptor Expression in Tumors --Part 4.Novel applications --Potential Use of CXCR4 Antagonists to Mobilize Endothelial and Mesenchymal Stem Cells --Strategies to Enhance Hematopoietic Stem Cell Engraftment Following Transplantation --Mobilization for Gene Therapy.
- Nuclear mechanics & genome regulation. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection A. Cell Nucleus: Organization & MechanoBiology -- Chapter 1. Fluorescence Fluctuation Microscopy to Reveal 3D Architecture and Function in the Cell Nucleus / Thorsten Lenser, Klaus Weisshart, Tobias Ulbricht, Karolin Klement, Peter Hemmerich -- Chapter 2. Studying Histone Modifications and Their Genomic Functions by Employing Chromatin Immunoprecipitation and Immunoblotting / Ranveer S. Jayani, Praveena L. Ramanujam, Sanjeev Galande -- Chapter 3. Dynamic Organization of Chromatin Assembly and Transcription Factories in Living Cells / Bidisha Sinha, Dipanjan Bhattacharya, Deepak Kumar Sinha, Shefali Talwar, Shovamayee Maharana, Soumya Gupta, G.V. Shivashankar -- Chapter 4. Manipulation and Isolation of Single Cells and Nuclei / Swee Jin Tan, Qingsen Li, Chwee Teck Lim -- Chapter 5. Beyond Lamins: Other Structural Components of the Nucleoskeleton / Zhixia Zhong, Katherine L. Wilson, Kris Noel Dahl -- Chapter 6. Altered Mechanical Properties of the Nucleus in Disease / Maria Lucia Lombardi, Jan Lammerding -- Chapter 7. Theoretical Concepts and Models of Cellular Mechanosensing / Rumi De, Assaf Zemel, Samuel A. Safran -- Section B. Impact of Nuclear Mechanics on Function -- Chapter 8. Mechanical Induction of Gene Expression in Connective Tissue Cells / Matthew W.C. Chan, Boris Hinz, Christopher A. McCulloch -- Chapter 9. Physical Plasticity of the Nucleus and its Manipulation / Irena Ivanovska, Joe Swift, Takamasa Harada, J. David Pajerowski, Dennis E. Discher -- Chapter 10. Prestressed Nuclear Organization in Living Cells / Aprotim Mazumder, T. Roopa, Abhishek Kumar, K. Venkatesan Iyer, Nisha M. Ramdas, G.V. Shivashankar -- Chapter 11. Nanotopography/Mechanical Induction of Stem-Cell Differentiation / Benjamin Kim Kiat Teo, Soneela Ankam, Lesley Y. Chan, Evelyn K.F. Yim -- Chapter 12. Mechanical Induction in Embryonic Development and Tumor Growth: Integrative Cues Through Molecular to Multicellular Interplay and Evolutionary Perspectives / Maria-Elena Fernandez-Sanchez, Fanny Serman, Padra Ahmadi, Emmanuel Farge -- Chapter 13. Informatics-Based Analysis of Mechanosignaling in the Laminopathies / Frank P.L. Lai, Radfidah A. Mutalif, Siew Cheng Phua, Colin L. Stewart -- Chapter 14. Autosomal Dominant Leukodystrophy Caused by Lamin B1 Duplications: A Clinical and Molecular Case Study of Altered Nuclear Function and Disease / Quasar Saleem Padiath, Ying-Hui Fu.
- Nuclear receptor superfamily 2009, Springer ProtocolsNuclear receptors : one big family / Iain J. McEwan -- Methods for measuring ligand dissociation and nuclear receptor turnover in whole cells / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- Flow cytometry as a tool for measurement of steroid hormone receptor protein expression in leukocytes / Cherie L. Butts and Esther M. Sternberg -- X-ray crystallography of agonis/antagonist-bound receptors / Ashley C.W. Pike -- FRAP and FRET methods to study nuclear receptors in living cells / Martin E. van Royen ... [et al.] -- Receptor-DNA interactions : EMSA and footprinting / Jason T. Read ... [et al.] -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) methodology and readouts / Charles E. Massie and Ian G. Mills -- Yeast-based reporter assays for the functional characterization of cochaperone interactions with steroid hormone receptors / Heather A. Balsiger and Marc B. Cox -- High throughput analysis of nuclear receptor-cofactor interactions / Michael L. Goodson, Behnom Farboud, and Martin L. Privalsky -- Binding affinity and kinetic analysis of nuclear receptor/co-regulator interactions using surface plasmon resonance / Derek N. Lavery -- Using RNA interference to study protein function / Carol D. Curtis and Ann M. Nardulli -- Using intrinsic fluorescence emission spectroscopy to study steroid receptor and coactivator protein conformation dynamics / Kate Watt and Iain J. McEwan -- Development of phosphorylation site-specific antibodies to nuclear receptors / Inés Pineda Torra ... [et al.] -- Tissue-selective knockouts of steroid receptors : a novel paradigm in the study of steroid action / Karel De Gendt and Guido Verhoeven -- Methods for identifying and studying genetic alterations in hormone-dependent cancers / Outi R. Saramäki, Kati K. Waltering, and Tapio Visakorpi.
- Nuclear receptors 2010, SpringerNuclear receptors an introductory overview / C.M. Bunce and M.J. Campbell -- What does evolution teach us about nuclear receptors? / G. Markov, F. Bonneton and V. Laudet -- Functions of nuclear receptors in insect development / D. Martín -- The glucocorticoid receptor / R.H. Oakley and J.A. Cidlowski -- Estrogen receptors: Their actions and functional roles in health and disease / S. Nilsson and J.-Å. Gustafsson -- Androgen receptor / J.T. Dalton and W. Gao -- Thyroid hormone receptors / B. Vennström, H. Liu and D. Forrest -- The vitamin D receptor (NR1I1) / O. Maguire and M.J. Campbell -- Retinoic acid receptors / A. Cras, F. Guidez and C. Chomienne -- PPARs: Important regulators in metabolism and inflammation / L.M. Sanderson and S. Kersten -- Xenobiotic receptors CAR and PXR / C. Klaassen and H. Lu -- Fxr / Y. Wang ... [et al.] -- Physiological functions of TR2 and TR4 orphan nuclear receptor / S. Liu ... [et al.] -- Nuclear receptors and ATP dependent chromatin remodeling: A complex story / C.J. Burd and T.K. Archer -- Non-genomic action of sex steroid hormones / A. Migliaccio, G. Castoria and F. Auricchio -- Ligand regulation and nuclear receptor action / M. Hewison -- New insights to nuclear receptor gene regulation from analysis of their response elements in target genes / C. Carlberg -- Systems biology: Towards realistic and useful models of molecular networks / F.J. Bruggeman ... [et al.].
- Nuclear reprogramming 2005, Springer ProtocolsNuclear transplantation in Xenopus / John B. Gurdon -- Nuclear transfer in sheep / William A. Ritchie -- Protocols for nuclear transfer in mice / Shaorong Gao -- Isolation of stromal stem cells from human adipose tissue / Andrew C. Boquest ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming by cell fusion / Robert H. Broyles ... [et al.] -- Polyethylene glycol-mediated cell fusion / Jian Yang and Ming Hong Shen -- Epigenetic reprogramming of somatic genomes by electrofusion with embryonic stem cells / Masako Tada and Takashi Tada -- Quantification of cell fusion by flow cytometry / Stephen Sullivan ... [et al.] -- Modulation of cell fate using nuclear and cytoplasmic extracts / Anne-Mari Håkelien, Kristine G. Gaustad, and Philippe Collas -- Transgenic systems in nuclear reprogramming / Megan Munsie, Peter Mountford, and Jennifer Nichols -- Using immunofluorescence to observe methylation changes in mammalian preimplantation embryos / Fátima Santos and Wendy Dean -- Observing S-phase dynamics of histone modifications with fluorescently labeled antibodies / Rong Wu, Anna V. Terry, and David M. Gilbert -- Quantitative analysis of telomerase activity and telomere length in domestic animal clones / Dean H. Betts ... [et al.] --Pluripotency: capacity for in vitro differentiation of undifferentiated embryonic stem cells / Cornelia Wiese ... [et al.] -- Staining embryonic stem cells using monoclonal antibodies to stage-specific embryonic antigens / Bruce A. Fenderson ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the nucleolar compartment of the nucleus as an indicator of nuclear reprogramming after nuclear transfer / Jacques-E. Fléchon -- Methylation-sensitive polymerase chain reaction / Hannah R. Moore, Richard R. Meehan, and Lorraine E. Young -- Analysis of DNA methylation profiles in preimplantation embryos using bisulfite mutagenesis / Yong-Mahn Han, Seok-Ho Kim, and Yong-Kook Kang -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay for mammalian tissues / Fiona B. Turner, Wang L. Cheung, and Peter Cheung -- Histone modifications and transcription factor binding on chromatin: ChIP/PCR assays / Jaejoon Won and Tae Kook Kim -- In vivo genomic footprinting using LM-PCR methods / Hiromi Tagoh, Peter N. Cockerill, and Constanze Bonifer -- Analyzing histone modification using crosslinked chromatin treated with micrococcal nuclease / Pascal Lefevre and Constanze Bonifer.
- Nuclear reprogramming and stem cells 2011, Springer
- Nuclear transfer protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsCloning of exotic/endangered species: (desert bighorn sheep) / James "Buck" Williams ... [et al.] -- Handmade somatic cell cloning in cattle / Gábor Vatja, Ian M. Lewis, and R. Tayfur Tecirlioglu -- Genetic modification of sheep by nuclear transfer with gene-targeted somatic cells / A. John Clark, Sarah Burl, and Chris Denning -- Transgenesis using nuclear transfer in goats / Anthoula Lazaris ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming : an overview / Takashi Tada -- Expression of imprinted genes in cloned mice / Takashi Kohda, Fumitoshi Ishino, and Atsuo Ogura -- Nuclear remodeling assay in xenopus egg extract / Koichi Gonda and Nobuaki Kikyo -- In vitro reprogramming of nuclei and cells / Anne-Mari Håkelien ... [et al.] -- Techniques for nuclear transfer to mouse embryonic stem cells / Danielè Pralong and Paul J. Verma -- Gene expression and methylation patterns in cloned embryos / Christine Wrenzycki ... [et al.] -- Are there any normal clones? / Ian Wilmut -- Future and applications of cloning / Alan O. Trounson.Origin and progress of nuclear transfer in nonmammalian animals / Marie A. Di Berardino -- In vitro maturation and embryo production in cattle / Marc-André Sirard and Karine Coenen -- Activation of oocytes after nuclear transfer / Zoltán Macháty -- Culture medium preferences of pre-implantation cloned mouse embryos / Björn Heindryckx, Josiane Van der Elst, and Marc Dhont -- Maintenance of pregnancy in pigs with limited viable embryos / Tim King and Paul A. De Sousa -- Health and neonatal care of bovine clones / Jacqui T. Forsyth and David N. Wells -- Optimization of procedures for cloning by somatic cell nuclear transfer in mice / Young Gie Chung, Shaorong Gao, and Keith E. Latham -- Production of cloned calves using roscovitine-treated adult somatic cells as donors / Kazuchika Miyoshi, Sezen Arat, and Steven L. Stice -- A double nuclear transfer technique for cloning pigs / Irina A. Polejaeva, Shawn Walker, and Keith Campbell -- Nuclear transfer in nonhuman primates / Shoukhrat M. Mitalipov and Don P. Wolf --
- Nucleolus 2011, Springer
- Nutrients and cell signaling 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Oocyte biology in fertility preservation 2013, SpringerFertility preservation has become one of the most important and fast growing fields of reproductive medicine. Although there are several strategies for fertility preservation in female, most of them are still considered experimental. It is important to perfect the existing technologies, but also developing new strategies should be actively sought. The future development of fertility preservation strategies should be based on the sound scientific knowledge and principles. One of the main objectives of fertility preservation in females is prevention of oocyte depletion. The mechanisms of oocyte loss and survival in the ovary are complex, which include genetic control both in germ cells and in somatic cells, DNA damage and repair mechanism, apoptosis and autophagy, and other poorly understood molecular mechanisms.To develop clinically effective and safe strategies for fertility preservation, it is essential to know and understand the fundamentals of oocyte and ovarian biology at the molecular level. Thus, the purpose of this edition is to review the current progress in research related to molecular and genetic control of oocyte development that can be applied to fertility preservation. The main topics that are discussed in this publication include molecular signaling mechanisms of oocyte activation and loss, genomic integrity of oocytes, and epigenetics.
- Optical fluorescence microscopy 2011, SpringerFundamentals of optical microscopy / Franco Quercioli -- The white confocal: continuous spectral tuning in excitation and emission / Rolf Borlinghaus -- Second/third harmonic generation microscopy / Shakil Rehman ... [et al.] -- Role of scattering and nonlinear effects in the illumination and the photobleaching distribution profiles / Zeno Lavagnino, Francesca Cella Zanacchi and Alberto Diaspro -- New analytical tools for evaluation of spherical aberration in optical microscopy / Isabel Escobar ... [et al.] -- Improving image formation by pushing the signal-to-noise ratio / Emiliano Ronzitti ... [et al.] -- Site-specific labeling of proteins in living cells using synthetic fluorescent dyes / Gertrude Bunt -- Imaging molecular physiology in cells using FRET-based fluorescent nanosensors / Fred S. Wouters -- Measuring molecular dynamics by FRAP, FCS, and SPT / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- In vitro-in vivo fluctuation spectroscopies / M. Collini ... [et al.] -- Interference x-ray diffraction from single muscle cells reveals the molecular basis of muscle braking / L. Fusi ... [et al.] -- Low concentration protein detection using novel SERS devices / Gobind Das ... [et al.] -- Near infrared three-dimensional nonlinear optical monitoring of stem cell differentiation / Uday K. Tirlapur and Clarence Yapp -- A correlative microscopy: a combination of light and electron microscopy / Umberto Fascio and Anna Sartori-Rupp.
- Orphan G protein-coupled receptors and novel neuropeptides 2006, Springer
- Osmosensing and osmosignaling 2007, ScienceDirectWater compartments in cells / G. D. Fullerton ... [et al.] -- Yeast osmoregulation / S. Hohmann ... [et al.] -- Physiological analysis of bacterial mechanosensitive channels / I. R. Booth ... [et al.] -- Control of cell cycle in response to osmostress: Lessons from yeast / J. Clotet ... [et al.] -- Bacterial osmosensing transporters / J. M. Wood -- Plant gene networks in osmotic stress response: From genes to regulatory networks / L. S. Tran ... [et al.] -- Osmosensing by integrins in rat liver / F. Schliess ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic activation of the CD95 system / R. Reinehr ... [et al.] -- New approaches for determining apoptotic volume decrease in cells / C. D. Bortner ... [et al.] -- Transient receptor potential channels in mechanosensing and cell volume regulation / S. F. Pedersen ... [et al.] -- Cell volume regulatory ion channels in cell proliferation and cell death / F. Lang ... [et al.] -- Actin cytoskeleton architecture and signaling in osmosensing / E. A. Papakonstanti ... [et al.] -- Osmotic stress and DNA damage / N. I. Dmitrieva ... [et al.] -- Transcriptional activator tone-binding protein in cellular protection and differentiation / J. A. Kim ... [et al.] -- Desiccation response of mammalian cells: Anhydrosignaling / Z. Huang ... [et al.] -- Tonicity-regulated gene expression / J. D. Ferraris ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic induction of mitogen-activated protein kinase scaffolding / T. L. Hilder ... [et al.] -- Osmoregulation of bile formation / R. Kubitz ... [et al.] -- Osmosignaling and volume regulation in intestinal epithelial cells / C. H. Lim ... [et al.] -- Osmotic regulation of cellular glucose uptake / P. Gual ... [et al.] -- Effects of osmolytes on protein folding and aggregation in cells / Z. Ignatova ... [et al.] -- Simulations of macromolecules in protective and denaturing osmolytes: Properties of mixed solvent systems and their effects on water and protein structure and dynamics / D. A. Beck ... [et al.] -- Application of the transfer model to understand how naturally occurring osmolytes affect protein stability / M. Auton ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of high salinity tolerance in plants / N. Tuteja -- Phenotype of the taurine transporter knockout mouse / U. Warskulat ... [et al.] -- Molecular basis of osmolyte effects on protein and metabolites / J. Rosgen -- Methods of changing biopolymer volume fraction and cytoplasmic solute concentrations for in vivo biophysical studies / M. C. Konopka ... [et al.] -- Characterization of plant aquaporins / R. Kaldenhoff ... [et al.].
- Pancreatic stem cells 2009, Springer
- Perspectives of stem cells 2010, Springer
- Phagocytosis of dying cells 2009, Springer
- Plant cell culture protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer Protocols
- Potassium channels 2008, Springer ProtocolsIdentifying transcriptional regulatory regions using reporter genes and DNA-protein interactions by chromatin immunoprecipitation / Lezanne Ooi and Ian C. Wood -- Quantitative RT-PCR methods for investigation of low copy potassium channel gene expresssion in native murine arteries / Alex Cheong, Samuel J. Fountain, and David J. Beech -- Cloning of potassium chanel splice variants from tissues and cells / Lie Chen and Michael J. Shipston -- Chemiluminescence assays to investigate membrane expression and clathrin-mediated endocytosis of KATP channels / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Investigation of KATP channel endocytosis by immunofluorescence / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Investigation of KATP channel endocytosis and cell surface density by biotinylation and western blotting / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Lipid microdomains and K+ channel compartmentation : detergent and non-detergent-based methods for the isolation and characterisation of cholesterol-enriched lipid rafts / Laura J. Sampson and Caroline Dart -- Determination of phosphoinositide binding to K+ channel subunits using a protein-lipid overlay assay / Alison M. Thomas and Andrew Tinker -- Protein complex analysis of native brain potassium channels by proteomics / Guillaume Sandoz and Florian Lesage -- Xenopus oocytes as a heterologous expression system for studying ion channels with the patch-clamp technique / Paolo Tammaro, Kenju Shimomura, and Peter Proks -- Whole-cell recording using the perforated patch clamp technique / Jonathan D. Lippiat -- Recording the activity of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in open-cell cell-attached configuration / Andrei I. Tarasov -- Planar patch clamp : advances in electrophysiology / Andrea Brüggemann ... [et al.] -- Analysing steroid modulation of BKCa channels reconstituted into planar lipid bilayers / Heidi de Wet, Jonathan D. Lippiat, and Marcus Allen -- Using bioluminescence resonance energy transfer to measure ion channel assembly / Gina M. Whitaker and Eric A. Accili -- The use of FRET microscopy to elucidate steady state channel conformational rearrangements and G protein interaction with the GIRK channels / Adi Raveh, Inbal Riven, and Eitan Reuveny -- The voltage-clamp fluorometry technique / Chris S. Gandhi and Riccardo Olcese -- Identification of mutations in the Kir6.2 subunit of the KATP channel / Sarah E. Flanagan and Sian Ellard -- Modulation of potassium ion channel proteins utilising antibodies / Mark L. Dallas, Susan A. Deuchars, and Jim Deuchars -- Fluorescence-based Tl+-influx assays as a novel approach for characterization of small-conductance CA²⁺-activated K+ channel modulators / Susanne Jørgensen, Tina H. Johansen, and Tino Dyhring -- Rubidium efflux as a tool for the pharmacological characterisation of compounds with BK channel opening properties / Neil G. McKay, Robert W. Kirby, and Kim Lawson -- Recording hERG potassium currents and assessing the effects of compounds using the whole-cell patch-clamp technique / Ray M. Helliwell.
- Primary cilia 2009, ScienceDirect
- Principles of clinical cytogenetics. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerHistory of clinical cytogenetics / Steven L. Gersen -- DNA, chromosomes, and cell division / Martha Keagle -- Human chromosome nomenclature: an overview and definition of terms / Avirachan Tharapel -- Basic laboratory procedures / Martha B. Keagle and Steven L. Gersen -- Microscopy / Christopher McAleer -- Quality control and quality assurance / Michael Watson and Steven L. Gersen -- Instrumentation in the cytogenetics laboratory / Steven L. Gersen and Lotte Downey -- Autosomal aneuploidy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Structural chromosome rearrangements / Kathleen Kaiser-Rogers and Kathleen Rao -- Sex chromosomes and sex chromosome abnormalities / Cynthia M. Powell -- The cytogenetics of infertility / Linda Marie Randolph -- Prenatal cytogenetics / Linda Marie Randolph -- The cytogenetics of spontaneous abortion / Solveig M.V. Pflueger -- Chromosome instability / Xiao-Xiang Zhang -- Cytogenetics of hematologic neoplasms / Rizwan Naeem -- Cytogenetics of solid tumors / Jonathan Fletcher -- Genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Fluroescence in situ hybridization (FISH) / Daynna Wolff and Stuart Schwartz -- Fragile X: from cytogenetics to molecular genetics / Patricia Howard-Peebles and Dana Crawford -- Genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Genetic counseling / Sarah Hutchings Clark.
- Prokaryotic cell wall compounds 2010, SpringerPart I. Cell Wall Polymers and Structures of Bacteria -- 1. The Murein Sacculus / Silke Litzinger and Christoph Mayer -- 2. Occurrence, Structure, Chemistry, Genetics, Morphogenesis, and Functions of S-Layers / Paul Messner, Christina Schäffer, Eva-Maria Egelseer, and Uwe B. Sleytr -- 3. Bacterial Polysaccharide Capsules / David Corbett, Thomas Hudson, and Ian S. Roberts -- 4. Lipopolysaccharides / Alba Silipo, Cristina De Castro, Rosa Lanzetta, Michelangelo Parrilli, and Antonio Molinaro -- 5. Structure, Biosynthesis, and Function of Teichoic Acids and Related Cell Wall Glycopolymers in the Gram-positive Cell Envelope / Maren Rautenberg, Thomas Kohler, Guoqing Xia, Emir Kulauzovic, and Andreas Peschel -- 6. Outer Membrane Proteins / Oliver Mirus, Alexander Hahn, and Enrico Schleiff -- Part II. Cell Wall Polymers and Structures of Archaea -- 7. Cell Envelopes of Methanogens / Harald Claus and Helmut König -- 8. The Cell Envelopes of Haloarchaea: Staying in Shape in a World of Salt / Jerry Eichler, Mehtap Abu-Qarn, Zvia Konrad, Hilla Magidovich, Noa Plavner, and Sophie Yurist-Doutsch -- 9. Cell Envelopes of Crenarchaeota and Nanoarchaeota / Reinhard Rachel -- Part III. Biological Activities -- 10. Immunochemistry of the Cell Walls of Methanogenic Archaea: A View from the Past into the Future / Everly Conway de Macario and Alberto J.L. Macario -- 11. Cell Wall Structure and Pathogenicity / T.A. Oelschlaeger, U. Dobrindt, and J. Hacker -- Part IV. Cell Wall Growth and Inhibition -- 12. Cell Wall Targeted Antibiotics / Regine Hakenbeck, Reinhold Brückner, and Bernhard Henrich -- 13. Bacterial Autolysins / Marie-Pierre Chapot-Chartier -- Part V. Cell Wall Interactions -- 14. Prokaryotic Cell-Cell Interaction / Reinhard Wirth -- 15. Adhesion of Bacteria to Protists / Renate Radek -- Part VI. Application of Cell Wall Components -- 16. Prokaryotic Cell Wall Components: Structure and Biochemistry / Uwe B. Sleytr, Eva-Maria Egelseer, Nicola Ilk, Paul Messner, Christina Schäffer, Dietmar Pum, and Bernhard Schuster -- 17. Accumulation of Heavy Metals by Micro-organisms: Biomineralization and Nanocluster Formation / Sonja Selenska-Pobell and Mohamed Merroun.
- Prominin-1 (CD133) 2013, Springer
- Prostate cancer 2013, Springer
- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part B, Molecular mechanisms of conformational diseases 2007, Springer
- Protein phosphorylation in aging and age-related disease. 1st ed. 2004., ScienceDirect
- Proteins 2010, SpringerEnergetics of peptide and protein binding to lipid membranes / William C. Wimley -- Membrane association and pore formation by alpha-helical peptides / Burkhard Bechinger -- Role of membrane lipids for the activity of pore forming peptides and proteins / Gustavo Fuertes ... [et al.] -- Cholesterol-dependent cytolysins / Robert J.C. Gilbert -- Laetiporus sulphureus lectin and aerolysin protein family / Jose Miguel Manchero .. [et al.] -- Interfacial interactions of pore-forming colicins / Helen Ridley, Christopher L. Johnson and Jeremy H. Lakey -- Permeabilization of the outer mitochondrial membrane by BCL-2 proteins / Ana J. Garcia-Suez ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanism of sphingomyelin : specific membrane binding and pore formation by actinoporins / Biserka Bakra and Gregor Anderluh --Hemolysin E (hlye, clya, shea) and related toxins / Stuart Hunt, Jeffrey Green and Peter J. Artymiuk -- Pore formation by cry toxins / Mario Soberin ... [et al.] -- Role of heparan sulfates and glycosphingolipids in the pore formation of basic polypeptides of cobra cardiotoxin / Wen-guey Wu ... [et al.] -- Amyloid peptide pores and the beta sheet conformation / Bruce L. Kagan and Jyothi Thundimadathil.
- Proteus effect 2004, NAPPlant or animal? -- Mouse strain 129 -- The purple cell -- Mystery in a dish -- The embryo experiments -- The canary's song -- After the birth of Louise Brown -- Monkeys to humans -- Epic upon epic -- Marrow to brain? -- The art of cell replacement -- After tomorrow.
- Protocols for neural cell culture. 4th ed. 2010, Springer ProtocolsNeurosphere and Neural Colony-Forming Cell Assays / Sharon A. Louis, Brent A. Reynolds -- Directed Neuronal Differentiation of Embryonic and Adult-Derived Neurosphere Cells / Marcos R. Costa, Ravi Jagasia, Benedikt Berninger -- Culture and Differentiation of Human Neural Stem Cells / Soojung Shin, Mohan Vemuri -- Neural Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Mirella Dottori, Alice Pébay, Martin F. Pera -- Isolation and Culture of Primary Human CNS Neural Cells / Manon Blain, Veronique E. Miron, Caroline Lambert, Peter J. Darlington, Qiao-Ling Cui, Philippe Saikali, V. Wee Yong, Jack P. Antel -- Bioengineering Protocols for Neural Precursor Cell Expansion / Behnam A. Baghbaderani, Arindom Sen, Michael S. Kallos, Leo A. Behie -- Intracellular Calcium Assays in Dissociated Primary Cortical Neurons / Navjot Kaur, David V. Thompson, David Judd, David R. Piper, Richard G. Del Mastro -- Dissociated Hippocampal Cultures / Francine Nault, Paul Koninck -- Primary Sensory and Motor Neuron Cultures / Andrea M. Vincent, Eva L. Feldman -- Retinal Cell and Tissue Culture / Francisco L.A.F. Gomes, Michel Cayouette -- Preparation of Normal and Reactive Astrocyte Cultures / Jean Vellis, Cristina A. Ghiani, Ina B. Wanner, Ruth Cole -- Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cell Culture / Akiko Nishiyama, Ryusuke Suzuki, Hao Zuo, Xiaoqin Zhu -- Isolation of Microglia Subpopulations / Makoto Sawada, Hiromi Suzuki -- Microglia from Progenitor Cells in Mouse Neopallium / Sergey Fedoroff, Arleen Richardson -- Primary Schwann Cell Cultures / Haesun A. Kim, Patrice Maurel -- Primary Dissociated Astrocyte and Neuron Co-culture / Shelley Jacobs, Laurie C. Doering -- Cerebellar Slice Cultures / Josef P. Kapfhammer -- Hippocampal Slice Cultures / Jesse E. Hanson, Adrienne L. Orr, Silvia Fernandez-Illescas, Ricardo A. Valenzuela, Daniel V. Madison -- Molecular Substrates for Growing Neurons in Culture / Saulius Satkauskas, Arnaud Muller, Morgane Roth, Dominique Bagnard -- Guidance and Outgrowth Assays for Embryonic Thalamic Axons / Alexandre Bonnin -- Detection of Cell Death in Neuronal Cultures / Sean P. Cregan -- Live Imaging of Neural Cell Functions / Sabine Bavamian, Eliana Scemes, Paolo Meda -- Tissue Culture Procedures and Tips / Arleen Richardson, Sergey Fedoroff.
- Recent advances in cytometry. Part A, Instrumentation, methods. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectCytometry is one of the most rapidly growing methodologies available for basic cell and molecular biology, cytogenetics, immunology, oncology, environmental sciences and also various fields of clinical medicine. This new edition, split into 2 Parts, is an almost completely new book, with nearly all of the chapters devoted to new topics. Like the previous volumes on cytometry published as part of the Methods in Cell Biology series, it provides a comprehensive description of particular cytometric methods and reviews their applications. Chapters present the theoretical foundations of the described methods, their applicability in experimental laboratory and clinical settings, and describes common traps and pitfalls such as problems with data interpretation, comparison with alternative assays, and choosing the optimal assay. Comprehensive presentation of cytometric methods covering theoretical applications, applicability, potential pitfalls, and comparisions to alternative assays * Discusses many new assays developed since the previous edition. Presents recent developments in cytometric intrumentation/technology.
- Recent advances in cytometry. Part B, Advances in applications. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectCytometry is one of the most rapidly growing methodologies available for basic cell and molecular biology, cytogenetics, immunology, oncology, environmental sciences and also various fields of clinical medicine. This new edition, split into 2 Parts, is an almost completely new book, with nearly all of the chapters devoted to new topics. Like the previous volumes on cytometry published as part of the Methods in Cell Biology series, it provides a comprehensive description of particular cytometric methods and reviews their applications. Chapters present the theoretical foundations of the described methods, their applicability in experimental laboratory and clinical settings, and describes common traps and pitfalls such as problems with data interpretation, comparison with alternative assays, and choosing the optimal assay. Comprehensive presentation of cytometric methods covering theoretical applications, applicability, potential pitfalls, and comparisions to alternative assays. Discusses many new assays developed since the previous edition * Presents recent developments in cytometric intrumentation/technology.
- Recent advances in phototrophic prokaryotes 2010, Springer
- Receptor-receptor interactions 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Cell Biology looks at receptor-receptor interactions, with sections on allosteric and effector interactions, crystallization and modeling, measuring receptor-receptor interactions and oligomerization in individual classes. With cutting-edge material, this comprehensive collection is intended to guide researchers of receptor-receptor interactions for years to come.
- Red blood cell aggregation 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Redox cell biology and genetics. Part A-B 2002, ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Regenerative medicine 2003, NAP
- Regenerative medicine and cell therapy 2013, Springer1. Cell Therapy for Neurodegenerative Disorders / Ilyas Singec -- 2. New Prospects for Neural Stem Cell Therapies of Nervous System Diseases Toward the Establishment of Atypical Ectopic Perivascular Stem Cell Niches / Clara Alfaro-Cervello, Chiara Cossetti, Elena Giusto, Matteo Donegà and Stefano Pluchino -- 3. Cultured Limbal Epithelial Stem Cell Therapy for Ocular Surface Diseases / Hannah J. Levis, Julie T. Daniels and Sajjad Ahmad -- 4. Keratinocyte Stem Cells: Biology and Clinical Applications / Carlo Pincelli and Alessandra Marconi -- 5. Cardiac Regeneration with Stem Cells / Beatriz Pelacho, Manuel Mazo, Sheyla Montori, Ana Maria Simon-Yarza, Juan Jose Gavira, Maria J. Blanco-Prieto and Felipe Prósper -- 6. Development of Biological Approaches to Improve Muscle Healing After Injury and Disease / Jonathan D. Proto and Johnny Huard -- 7 Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Bone and Cartilage Regeneration / Mohamadreza Baghaban Eslaminejad, Elham Zomorodian and Fatemeh Bagheri -- 8. Pancreatic Reprogramming / Juan Domínguez-Bendala -- 9. Pancreatic Regeneration in the Face of Diabetes / Zeeshan Ahmad -- 10. Regenerative Therapies for Liver Diseases / Amar Deep Sharma, Ina Rittelmeyer, Tobias Cantz and Michael Ott -- 11. Clinical Studies of Cell Therapy for Liver Cirrhosis / James A. Thomas and Stuart J. Forbes -- 12. Stem Cell Applications for the Treatment of Gastrointestinal System Diseases / Jacobo Trebol Lopez, Tihomir Georgiev-Hristov, Mariano García-Arranz and Damián García-Olmo -- 13. Germ Line Stem Cells: A Promising Alternative Source for Stem-Cell-Based Therapies in Regenerative Medicine / Ellen Goossens and Herman Tournaye -- 14. Cord Blood Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine / David T. Harris.
- Regenerative therapy using blood-derived stem cells 2012, Springer
- Regulatory networks in stem cells 2009, Springer
- Regulatory T cells and clinical application 2008, Springer
- Reporter genes 2007, Springer ProtocolsMethodologies for staining and visualization of [beta]-galactosidase in mouse embryos and tissues / Siobhan Loughna and Deborah Henderson -- Immunohistochemical detection of [beta]-galactosidase or green fluorescent protein on tissue sections / Philip A. Seymour and Maike Sander -- Detection of reporter gene expression in murine airways / Maria Limberis, Peter Bell, and James M. Wilson -- Three-dimensional analysis of molecular signals with episcopic imaging techniques / Wolfgang J. Weninger and Timothy J. Mohun -- Fluorescent proteins for cell biology / George H. Patterson -- Detection of GFP during nervous system development in Drosophila melanogaster / Karin Edoff, James S. Dods, and Andrea H. Brand -- Autofluorescent proteins for flow cytometry / Charles G. Bailey and John E. J. Rasko -- Fluorescent protein reporter systems for single-cell measurements / Steven K. Dower, Eva E. Qwarnstrom, and Endre Kiss-Toth -- Subcellular imaging of cancer cells in live mice / Robert M. Hoffman -- Noninvasive imaging of molecular events with bioluminescent reporter genes in living subjects / Pritha Ray and Sanjiv Sam Gambhir -- Green fluorescent protein as a tracer in chimeric tissues : the power of vapor fixation / Harald Jockusch and Daniel Eberhard.
- Reviews and protocols in DT40 research 2006, SpringerCh. 1. DT40 gene disruptions: a how-to for the design and the construction of targeting vectors / Hiroshi Arakawa and Jean-Marie Buerstedde -- Ch. 2. Immunoglobulin gene conversion or hypermutation: That's the question / Jean-Marie Buerstedde and Hiroshi Arakawa -- Ch. 3. Genome resources for the DT40 community / Randolph B Caldwell and Andrzej M. Kierzek -- Ch. 4. Chromosome engineering in DT40 cells and mammalian centromere function / William R.A. Brown ... [et al.] -- Ch. 5. Function of recQ family helicase in genome stability / Masayuki Seki, Shusuke Tada and Takemi Enomoto -- Ch. 6. Genetic analysis of apoptotic execution / Sandrine Ruchaud ... [et al.] -- Ch. 7. The DT40 system as a tool for analyzing kinetochore assembly / Masahiro Okada, Tesuya Hori and Tatsuo Fukagawa -- Ch. 8. Analysing the DNA damage and replication checkpoints in DT40 cells / Michael D Rainey, George Zachos, and David AF Gillespie -- Ch. 9. Using DT40 to study clathrin function / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- Ch. 10. Genetic analysis OF B cell signaling / Hisaaki Shinohara and Tomohiro Kurosaki --Ch. 11. DT40 mutants: a model to study transcriptional regulation of B cell development and function / Jukka Alinikula, Olli Lassila and Kalle-Pekka Nera -- Ch. 12. Transcription and RNA processing factors play complex roles IN DT40 cells / Stephanie Bush and James L. Manley -- Ch. 13. Participation of histones, histone modifying enzymes and histone chaperones in vertebrate cell functions / Hidehiko Kikuchi ... [et al.] -- Ch. 14. Analysis of gene expression, copy number and palindrome formation with a DT40 enriched cDNA Microarray / Paul E. Neima ... [et al.] -- Ch. 15. Analysis of DNA replication damage bypass and its role in immunoglobulin repertoire development / Julian E. Sale, Anna-Laura Ross and Laura J. Simpson -- Ch. 16. The fanconi anemia pathway promotes homologous recombination repair in DT40 cell line / Julian E. Sale, Anna-Laura Ross and Laura J. Simpson -- Ch. 17. Calcium signaling, ion channels and more / Anne-Laure Perraud, Carsten Schmitz, Andrew M. Scharenberg -- Ch. 18. Phenotypic analysis of cellular responses to DNA damage / Helfrid Hochegger and Shunichu Takeda -- Ch. 19. ATM, a paradigm for a stress-responsive signal transducer in higher vertebrate cells / Ken-ichi Yamamoto, Masahiko Kobayashi and Hiroko Shimizu --METHOD 1. Stable transfection of DT40 / Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 2. Basic cell culture conditions / Huseyin Saribasak and Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 3. Excision of floxed-DNA sequences by transient induction of Mer-Cre-Mer / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 4. Immunoglobulin gene conversion and hypermutation assay by FACS / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 5. Target screening by PCR / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 6. Mitotic index determination by flow cytometry / David AF Gillespie and Mark Walker -- METHOD 7. Centrifugal elutriation as a means of cell cycle phase separation and synchronization / David AF Gillespie and Catarina Henriques -- METHOD 8. Preparation of genomic DNA for microarray-based comparative genome hybridization / Robert Kimmel, Amalia Icreverzi, Paul Neiman -- METHOD 9. Analysis of cellular Mg2+ in DT40 cells / Anne-Laure Perraud, Carsten Schmitz, Andrew M. Scharenberg -- METHOD 10. Transient transfection of DT40 / Roger Franklin & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 11. Retroviral transduction of DT40 / Felix Randow & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 12. Colony survival assay / Laura. J. Simpson & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 13. Subcloning DT40 by limiting dilution / Jean-Marie Buerstedde --METHOD 14. Subnuclear immunofluorescence / Dávid Szüts & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 15. Sister chromatid exchange assay / Laura J. Simpson & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 16. 2D cell cycle analysis / Roger Franklin & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 17. Purification of tap-tagged proteins by two-step pull down from DT40 cells / Hiroyuki Kitao and Minoru Takata -- METHOD 18. Synchronization of cells / Eiichiro Sonoda -- METHOD 19. Tranfection of DT40 cells / Huseyin Saribasak and Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 20. Luciferase reporter assay / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 21. Indirect immunofluorescence microscopy / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 22. Quantification of receptor-mediated endocytosis / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 23. Measurement of DNA synthesis and strand breaks using alkaline sucrose density gradient centrifugation / Kouichi Yamada and Jun Takezawa -- METHOD 24. Fractionation of nuclear and cytoplasmic proteins from DT40 cell lines / Yan-Dong Wang and Randolph B Caldwell.
- Rho GTPases in cancer 2010, Springer
- Ribosomes 2011, Springer
- RNA trafficking and nuclear structure dynamics 2008, Springer
- Serous cavity fluid and cerebrospinal fluid cytopathology 2012, SpringerIntroduction, Clinical and Technical Aspects--Normal Cytology--Reactive Mesothelial Hyperplasia--Malignant Mesothelioma--A Potential Litigation Diagnosis--Metastatic Cancers--Effusions in Children--Abdominopelvic Washings--Lymphocytic Effusions--Benign Inflammatory and Other Uncommon Conditions--Cerebrospinal Fluid.
- Sertoli cell biology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Signal transduction 2010, Springer
- Signal transduction. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirect"A reference on cellular-signalling processes, Signal Transduction second edition details the sources, key observations, and experiments that set the scene for recent and current scientific endeavour. Beginning with a historical overview, this book discusses how the concept of chemical messengers arose in the early twentieth century and shaped our current understanding of the action of hormones, cytokines, neurotransmitters, and growth factors." "The book further examines more complex signalling cascades, emanating from classic receptors, as well as adhesion molecules, involved in processes such as vision, smell, inflammation, innate and adaptive immunity, glucose homeostasis, cell-fated decisions, cell differentiation, and cell transformation. This revision concludes with a discourse on the targeting of signal-transduction cascades in the treatment of cancer and the structure of protein domains key to the assembly of signalling complexes"--Book jacket.
- Single cell diagnostics 2007, Springer ProtocolsNoninvasive metabolic assessment of single cells / David K. Gardner -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of single cells / Nobuki Nakamura ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) on single cells (sex determination and chromosome rearrangements) / Paul N. Scriven and Caroline Mackie Ogilvie -- Single cell PCR for PGD : methods, strategies, and limitations / Karen Sermon and Martine De Rycke -- Real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma / Bernhard Zimmermann ... [et al.] -- Cell-free fetal DNA plasma extraction and real-time PCR quantification / Jill L. Maron, Kirby L. Johnson, and Diana W. Bianchi -- LATE-PCR and allied technologies : real-time detection strategies for rapid, reliable diagnosis from single cells / Kenneth E. Pierce and Lawrence J. Wangh -- Efficient isothermal amplification of the entire genome from single cells / Karen V. Schowalter, Jolene R. Fredrickson, and Alan R Thornhill -- Comparative genomic hybridization on single cells / Lucille Voullaire and Leeanda Wilton -- Generation of amplified RNAs and cDNA libraries from single mammalian cells / James Adjaye -- Real-time PCR to measure gene expression in single cells / Dagan Wells -- Gender determination and detection of aneuploidy in single cells using DNA array-based comparative genomic hybridization (array CGH) / Dong Gui Hui, Xin Yuan Guan, and Nicole Hussey -- Microarray technology for mutation analysis of low template DNA samples / Chelsea Salvado and David Cram.
- Sodium calcium exchange 2013, Springer
- Sphingolipids 2013, SpringerSphingolipids are lipid components of the plasma membrane in eukaryotic cells. They have an important function in signaling mechanisms in the cell. This book on sphingolipids provides insights into the basics of sphingolipid biology and drug development, with a particular emphasis on the sphingolipid derivative ceramide. In the first part basic functions of sphingolipids are described, as well as the genetics of important enzymes, sphingolipid metabolism and synthesis. The second part of this first volume focuses on drug development and pharmacology. The book is intended for scientists in pharmacology, biochemistry and cell biology with a focus on biomedical research as well as for clinicians working in pharmacology, oncology, cardiology, neurology and infectious disease. Together with Volume 216 by the same editors, the collection represents a unique, comprehensive work on sphingolipids, providing information on both sphingolipids' basic biology (including synthesis, metabolism and cell biology) and their important function in a (patho-)physiological context.
- Stem cell and gene-based therapy 2006, SpringerHeart -- Neuro -- Musculoskeletal -- Kidney -- Eye -- Pancreas -- Hematology -- Skin.
- Stem cell assays 2007, Springer ProtocolsDerivation of human embryonic stem cells in xeno-free conditions / Mohan C. Vemuri ... [et al.] -- Feeder-layer free culture system for human embryonic stem cells / Michal Amit -- Digital imaging of stem cells by electron microscopy / A. Henry Sathananthan and Stefania A. Nottola -- A controlled-cooling protocol for cryopreservation of human and non-human primate embryonic stem cells / Carol B. Ware and Szczepan W. Baran -- Cell surface markers in human embryonic stem cells / Raj R. Rao, Alison Venable Johnson, and Steven L. Stice -- Generation of a monoclonal antibody library against human embryonic stem cells / Micha Drukker, Christina Muscat, and Irving L. Weissman -- Analytical methods for cancer stem cells / Vinagolu K. Rajasekhar -- Micro RNA profiling : an easy and rapid method to screen and characterize stem cell populations / Uma Lakshmipathy ... [et al.] -- Gene transfer via nucleofection into adult and embryonic stem cells / Uma Lakshmipathy, Shannon Buckley, and Catherine Verfaillie -- RNAi knockdown of transcription factor Pu.1 in the differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells / Gang-Ming Zou, Meredith A. Thompson, and Mervin C. Yoder -- StemBase : a resource for the analysis of stem cell gene expression data / Christopher J. Porter ... [et al.] -- Isolation of stem cells from human umbilical cord blood / Nishanth P. Reddy, Mohan C. Vemuri, and Reddanna Pallu -- Ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic stem cells from human cord blood in serum-free conditions / Chao-Ling Yao and Shiaw-Min Hwang -- Hematopoietic colony-forming cell assays / Carla Pereira, Emer Clarke, and Jackie Damen -- Assays for alloreactive responses by PCR / Patrick Stordeur -- Immune properties of mesenchymal stem cells / Panagiota A. Sotiropoulou and Michael Papamichail -- Clinical grade expansion of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells / Panagiota A. Sotiropoulou, Sonia A. Perez, and Michael Papamichail -- Adenoviral transduction of mesenchymal stem cells / Pablo Bosch and Steven L. Stice -- Directed differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to dendritic cells / Maxim A. Vodyanik and Igor I. Sluvkin -- Insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells to dendritic cells / Maxim A. Vodyanik and Igor I. Slukvin -- Insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells experimental considerations / Enrique Roche ... [et al.] -- Efficient generation of dopamine neurons from human embryonic stem cells / Chang-Hwan Park and Sang-Hun Lee -- Isolation of oligodendroglial cells from cultured neural stem/progenitors / Frank Zeigler and Stephen G. Hall -- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells toward the chondrogenic lineage / Wei Seong Toh ... [et al.] -- Cartilage tissue engineering : directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells in three-dimensional hydrogel culture / Nathaniel S. Hwang, Shyni Varghese, and Jennifer Elisseeff.
- Stem cell biology in health and disease 2009, SpringerPart 1. Bone marrow-derived stem cells -- Part 2. Embryonic stem cells -- Part 3. Cancer stem cells.
- "Stem Cell Labeling for Delivery and Tracking Using Noninvasive Imaging provides a comprehensive overview of cell therapy imaging, ranging from the basic biology of cell therapeutic choices to the preclinical and clinical applications of cell therapy. It emphasizes the use of medical imaging for therapeutic delivery/targeting, cell tracking, and determining therapeutic efficacy. The book first presents background information and insight on the major classes of stem and progenitor cells. It then describes the main imaging modalities and state-of-the-art techniques that are currently employed for stem cell tracking. In the final chapters, leading scholars offer clinical perspectives on existing and potential uses of stem cells as well as the impact of image-guided delivery and tracking in major organ systems. Through clear descriptions and color images, this volume illustrates how noninvasive imaging is used to track stem cells as they repair damaged tissue in the body. With contributions from some of the most prominent preclinical and clinical researchers in the field, the book helps readers to understand the evolving concepts of stem cell labeling and tracking as the field continues to move forward"--Provided by publisher.
- Stem cell therapy for diabetes 2010, Springer
- Stem cell tools and other experimental protocols 2006, ScienceDirectIn vitro experimentation and research tools -- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
- Stem cell transplantation 2012, SpringerSection I. Basic Aspects of Transplantation -- The Frontiers of Organ Transplantation and Cell Therapy / Rafael Matesanz -- Organ Transplantation in the 21th Century / Francisco Ortega -- Immunology and the Challenge of Transplantation / Rebeca Alonso Arias, Antonio López-Vázquez and Carlos López-Larrea -- Cellular Immunotolerance in the Transplant / Marcos Lóez-Hoyos, David San Segundo and Manuel Arias -- Immunosuppression in the ERA of Biological Agents / Josep M. Grinyó, Josep M. Cruzado, Oriol Bestard, J. R. Vidal Castiñeira and Joan Torras -- Transgenic Organs and Xenotransplants / Cristina Costa Vallés and Rafael Máñez Mendiluce -- Cell and Tissue Therapy in Regenerative Medicine / Ana Sánchez, Thomas Schimmang and Javier García-Sancho -- Section II. Adult Stem Cells -- Characteristics of Adult Stem Cells / Manuel A. Gonzalez and Antonio Bernad -- Bone Marrow Transplantation Extends Its Scope / Fermín M. Sánchez-Guijo, Alberto Orfao and María Consuelo del Cañizo -- Biology of Stem Cells: The Role of Microenvironments / Agustín G. Zapata, David Alfaro and Javier García-Ceca --Mobilization and Homing of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Beatriz Suárez-Álvarez, Antonio López-Vázquez and Carlos López-Larrea -- Great Promise of Tissue-Resident Adult Stem/Progenitor Cells in Transplantation and Cancer Therapies / Murielle Mimeault and Surinder K. Batra -- Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells: Clinical Applications and Cancer Modeling / René Rodríguez, Javier García-Castro, Cesar Trigueros, Mariano García Arranz and Pablo Menéndez -- Section III. Embryonic Stem Cells -- Neural Stem Cells and Transplantation Studies in Parkinson's Disease / Ricardo Pardal and José López-Barneo -- Biological Impact of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Miguel Martín and Pablo Menéndez -- Epigenetics of Embryonic Stem Cells / Vincenzo Calvanese and Mario F. Fraga -- New Tools in Regenerative Medicine: Gene Therapy / Miguel Muñoz Ruiz and José R. Regueiro -- Therapeutic Cloning and Cellular Reprogramming / Ramon M. Rodriguez, Pablo J. Ross and Jose B. Cibelli -- Section IV. Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine -- Advances in Stem Cell Therapy / Silvia Pérez López and Jesús Otero Hernández -- Tissue Bioengineering and Artificial Organs / Sara Llames, Eva García, Jesús Otero Hernández and Álvaro Meana.
- Stem cell-based tissue repair 2011, R Soc ChemChapter 1. Promises and Limitations in the Application of Cell Therapy for Tissue Regeneration / Raphael Gorodetsky -- Chapter 2. Adult Non-hematopoietic Stem Cells and Progenitor Cells (aNHSCs) / R. Schäfer and L. Dahéron -- Chapter 3. Screening Approaches for Stem Cells / David G. Buschke, Derek J. Hei, Kevin W. Eliceiri and Brenda M. Ogle -- Chapter 4. Hematopoietic Stem Cells and their Role in Regenerative Medicine / Eitan Fibach -- Chapter 5. Cord and Cord Blood: Valuable Resources with Potential for Liver Therapy / Saba Habibollah, Marcin Jurga, Nico Forraz and Colin McGuckin -- Chapter 6. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: Their Role in Modeling Disease and Regenerative Medicine / Yonatan Stelzer and Marjorie Pick -- Chapter 7. Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem Cells from Tissue Repair to Destruction of Tumor Cells / Rita Bussolari, Giulia Grisendi, Luigi Cafarelli, Pietro Loschi, Laura Scarabelli, Antonio Frassoldati, Michela Maur, Giorgio De Santis, Paolo Paolucci, Pierfranco Conte and Massimo Dominici -- Chapter 8. Fibrin-based Matrices to Support Stem Cell-Based Tissue Regeneration / Raphael Gorodetsky, Iris Mironi-Harpaz and Dror Seliktar -- Chapter 9. Culturing Non-hematopoietic Mesenchymal Stromal Cells and Requirements of GMP in Stem Cell-based Therapies / Karen Bieback, Marianna Karagianni, Gerlinde Schmidtke-Schrezenmeier, Natalie Fekete and Hubert Schrezenmeier --Chapter 10. (Stem) Cell Based Therapy for Neurological Disorders / O. Einstein and T. Ben-Hur -- Chapter 11. Mesenchymal Osteogenic Precursors for Bone Repair and Regeneration / Nicola Baldini, Dante Dallari and Francesca Perut -- Chapter 12. Stem Cells and Cartilage Repair / Bernd Rolauffs, Andreas Badke, Kuno Weise, Alan J. Grodzinsky and Wilhelm K. Aicher -- Chapter 13. Stem Cell-based Replacement Tissue for Heart Repair / Ayelet Lesman and Shulamit Levenberg -- Chapter 14. Regeneration of the Vascular System / M. Schleicher, A. J. Huber, H. P. Wendel and U. A. Stock -- Chapter 15. Regenerative Strategies for the Endocrine Pancreas: From Islets to Stem Cells and Tissue Reprogramming / Juan Domínguez-Bendala and Camillo Ricordi -- Chapter 16. Regeneration of the Lower Urinary Tract: Clinical Applications and Future Outlook / Markus Renninger, Bastian Amend, Jörg Seibold, Gerhard Feil, Arnulf Stenzl and Karl-Dietrich Sievert -- Chapter 17. Effective Tissue Repair and Immunomodulation by Mesenchymal Stem Cells within a Milieu of Cytokines / Philip Lim, Shyam A. Patel and Pranela Rameshwar -- Chapter 18. Homing of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells / Reinhard Henschler, Erika Deak and Richard Schäfer.
- Stem cells & regenerative medicine 2011, Springerpt. 1. Stem cell biology -- pt. 2. Epigenetic and microRNA regulation in stem cells -- pt. 3. Stem cells for therapeutic applications -- pt. 4. Nuclear reprogramming and induced pluripotent stem cells -- pt. 5. Tissue engineering -- pt. 6. Regenerative medicine.
- Stem cells and cancer (Springer) 2009, Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells 2012, SpringerFulltext Vol. 4 SpringerFulltext Vol. 5 SpringerFulltext Vol. 6 SpringerFulltext Vol. 7 Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells. Volume 1, Therapeutic applications in disease and injury 2012, Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells. Volume 2, Therapeutic applications in disease and injury 2012, Springer
- Stem cells and cell therapy 2014, SpringerUse of Human Embryonic Stem Cells in Therapy -- Human Neural Stem Cell-based Cell- and Gene-therapy for Neurological Diseases -- Vascular Stem Cell Therapy -- Bioprocessing of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells for Cell Therapy Applications -- Blood Cell Bioprocessing: The Haematopoietic System and Current Status of In-vitro Production of Red Blood Cells -- Bioprocessing Challenges Associated with the Purification of Cellular Therapies -- Separation Technologies for Stem Cell Bioprocessing.
- Stem cells and human diseases 2012, Springer
- Stem cells for myocardial regeneration 2010, Springer ProtocolsStem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration : where are we today? / Randall J. Lee -- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells : isolation and characterization for myocardial repair / Masaaki Ii -- Umbilical cells stem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration / Nicholas Greco and Mary J. Laughlin -- Isolation of resident cardiac progenitor cells by Hoechst 33342 staining / Otmar Pfister ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for cardiac repair / Andrew J. Boyle, Ian K. McNiece, and Joshua M. Hare -- Methods for human embryonic stem cells derived cardiomyocytes cultivation, genetic manipulation, and transplantation / Gil Arbel ... [et al.] -- Experimental cell transplantation therapy in rat myocardial infarction model including nude rat preparation / Wangde Dai and Robert A. Kloner -- Large animal model of heart failure for assessment of stem cells / Sharad Rastogi -- Histopathologic assessment of myocardial regeneration / Naima Carter-Monroe ... [et al.] -- Assessment of myocardial angiogenesis and vascularity in small animal models / Matthew L. Springer -- Superparamagnetic iron oxide labeling of stem cells for MRi tracking and delivery in cardiovascular disease / Dorota A. Kedziorek and Dara L. Kraitchman -- Embryonic stem cell biology : insights from molecular imaging / Karim Sallam and Joseph C. Wu -- Genetic fate-mapping for studying adult cardiomyocyte replenishment after myocardial injury / Sunny S.-K. Chan ... [et al.] -- In vitro electrophysiological mapping of stem cells / Seth Weinberg, Elizabeth A. Lipke, and Leslie Tung -- Assessment of cardiac conduction : basic principles of optical mapping / Chunhua Ding and Thomas H. Everett IV -- Surface patterning for generating defined nanoscale matrices / Karen L. Christman and Heather D. Maynard.
- Stem cells in regenerative medicine 2009, Springer ProtocolsDerivation and manipulation of murine embryonic stem cells / Alexander Meissner, Sarah Eminli, and Rudolf Jaenisch -- Patterning mouse and human embryonic stem cells using micro-contact printing / Raheem Peerani ... [et al.] -- Efficient gene knockdowns in human embryonic stem cells using lentiviral-based RNAi / Asmin Tulpule and George Q. Daley -- Measurement of cell-penetrating peptide-mediated transduction of adult hematopoietic stem cells / Aziza P. Manceur and Julie Audet -- Stem cell sources for regenerative medicine / Ali M. Riazi, Sarah Y. Kwon, and William L. Stanford -- Investigating the interactions between haemopoietic stem cells and their niche : methods for the analysis of stem cell homing and distribution within the marrow following transplantation / Brenda Williams and Susan K. Nilsson -- Ex vivo megakaryocyte expansion and platelet production from human cord blood stem cells / Valérie Cortin, Nicolas Pineault, and Alain Garnier -- Ex vivo generation of human red blood cells : a new advance in stem cell engineering / Luc Douay and Marie-Catherine Giarratana -- Isolation and manipulation of mammalian neural stem cells in vitro / Claudio Giachino, Onur Basak, and Verdon Taylor -- Isolation, expansion, and differentiation of mouse skin-derived precursors / Karl J.L. Fernandes and Freda D. Miller -- Xenotransplantation of embryonic stem cell-derived motor neurons into the developing chick spinal cord / Hynek Wichterle, Mirza Peljto, and Stephane Nedelec -- Transplantation of neural stem/progenitor cells into developing and adult CNS / Tong Zheng ... [et al.] -- Transplantation of embrynic stem cell-derived dopaminergic neurons in MPTP-treated monkeys / Jun Takahashi, Yasushi Takagi, and Hidemoto Saiki -- Isolation and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jonathan A. Nowak and Elaine Fuchs -- Regeneration of skin and cornea by tissue engineering / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Prospective isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from mouse compact bone / Brenton J. Short, Nathalie Brouard, and Paul J. Simmons -- Isolation, propagation, and characterization of human umbilical cord perivascular cells (HUCPVCs) / Rahul Sarugaser ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells : isolation, expansion, characterization, viral transduction, and production of conditioned medium / Massimilano Gnecchi and Luis G. Melo -- Template DNA-strand co-segregation and asymmetric cell division in skeletal muscle stem cells / Vasily Shinin, Barbara Gayraud-Morel, and Shahragim Tajbakhsh -- Isolation and grafting of single muscle fibres / Charlotte A. Collins and Peter S. Zammit -- Differentiation and dynamic analysis of primitive vessels from embryonic stem cells / Gefei Zeng and Victoria L. Bautch -- Derivation of contractile smooth muscle cells from embryonic stem cells / Sanjay Sinha, Mark H. Hoofnagle, and Gary K. Owens -- Islet-derived progenitors as a source of in vitro islet regeneration / Stephen Hanley and Lawrence Rosenberg -- Isolation and characterization of hepatic stem cells, or "oval cells," from rat livers / Thomas D. Shupe ... [et al.] -- Reprogramming of liver to pancreas / Shifaan Thowfeequ ... [et al.]
- Stem cells in reproduction and in the brain 2006, Springer
- Stem cells in the respiratory system 2010, Springer
- Stem cells. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Stem cells. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectBiology of the cell -- Embryonic development -- What are stem cells? -- Of mice and men: the history of the stem cell -- Origins and types of stem cells -- Cloning -- Regenerative medicine: clinical applications of stem cells -- Cardiomyocytes from stem cells: what can we do with them? -- Stem cell tourism --Stem cells in cancer and cancer stem cells -- Stem cells for discovery of effective and safe new drugs -- Legal and intellectual property issues associated with stem cells -- Stem cell perspectives: a vision of the future.
- Sticky synapse 2009, Springer
- Part I. Structure and ligands of NCAM. -- Structural biology of NCAM / Vladislav Soroka, Christina Kasper, Flemming M. Poulsen. -- Extracellular protein interactions mediated by the neural cell adhesion molecule, NCAM: heterophilic interactions between NCAM and cell adhesion molecules, extracellular matrix proteins, and viruses / Janne Nielsen, Nikolaj Kulahin, Peter S. Walmod. -- Intracellular (intracelluar) ligands of NCAM / Bettina Buttner, Rudiger horstkorte. -- Role of ATP in the regulation of NCAM function / Martin V. Hubschmann, Galina Skladchikova. -- Part II. NCAM and plysialic acid. -- Polysialylation of NCAM / Herbert Hildebrandt, Martina Muhlenhoff, Rita Gerardy-Schahn. -- Structural basis for the polysialylation of the neural cell adhesion molecule / Karen J. Colley. -- Role of PSA-NCAM in adult neurogenesis / Eduardo Gascon, Laszlo Vutskits, Jozsel Zoltan Kiss. -- Use of PSA-NCAM in repair of the central nervous system / Abderrahman El Maarouf, Urs Rutishauser. -- Part III. NCAM-mediated signal transduction. -- Signaling pathways involved in NCAM-induced neurite outgrowth / Dorte Kornerup Ditlevsen, Kateryna Kolkova. -- Role of the growth-associated protein GAP-43 in NCAM mediated neurite outgrowth / Irina Korshunova, Mark Mosevitski. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM and lipid rafts / Gro Klitgaard Povlsen, Dorte Kornerup Ditlevsen. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule and epidermal growth factor receptor: signaling crosstalk / Gro Klitgaard Polvsen. -- Part IV. NCAM metabolism. -- Biosynthesis of NCAM / Kateryna Kolkova. -- Soluble NCAM / Thomas Secher. -- Part V. NCAM, synapses, emotions, and memory. -- Role of NCAM in spine dynamics and synaptogenesis / D. Muller, P. Mendez, M. DeRoo, P. Klauser, S. Steen, and L. Poglia. -- NCAM in long-term potentiation and learning / Barbara P. Hartz, Lars Christian B. Roon. -- Role of NCAM in emotion and learning / Lisa Conboy, Reto Bisaz, Kamila Markram, Carment Sandi. -- Part VI. NCAM in disease. -- NCAM in neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative disorders / Leann H. Brennaman, Patricia F. Maness. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule in cancer: expression and mechanisms / Silvia Zecchini, Ugo Caallaro. -- Part VII. Pharmacology of NCAM: NCAM mimetics. -- NCAM mimetic peptides: an update / Vladimir Berezin, Elisabeth Bock. -- Synthetic NCAM-derived ligands of the fibroblast growth factor receptor / Stine maria Hansen, Shizhong Li, Elisabeth Bock, Vladimir Berezin. -- Dendritic spine and synapse morphological alterations induced by neural cell adhesion molecule mimetic / Michael Stewart, Victor Popov, Nikolai Medvedev, Paul Giabbon, Nicola Corbett, Igor Kraev, Heather Davies. -- Part VIII. Orthologs and paralogs of NCAM. -- Fasciclin II: the NCAM ortholog in Drosophila melanogaster / Lars V. Kristiansen, Michael Hortsch. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM2/OCAM/RNCAM, a close relative to NCAM / Nikolaj Kulahin, Peter S. Walmod. -- Part IX. Conclusion. -- Honoring Dr. Elisabeth Bock / Vladimir Berezin.
- Telomeres and telomerase 2002, Springer Protocols
- Ten Years of Progress in GW/P Body Research 2013, SpringerIntroduction: The GW Body Story as an Example of Autoantibodies with Significant Impacts to Molecular Cell Biology -- The Discovery of GW Bodies -- The Discovery and Analysis of P Bodies -- Autoantibodies to Argonaute 2 (Su Antigen) -- GW/P-Bodies and Autoimmune Disease -- Function of GW182 and GW Bodies in siRNA and miRNA Pathways -- Post-transcriptional Stimulation of Gene Expression by MicroRNAs -- Gawky (GW) is the Drosophila melanogaster GW182 Homologue -- The Role of GW182 Proteins in miRNA-Mediated Gene Silencing -- Quantifying Argonaute Proteins In and Out of GW/P-Bodies: Implications in microRNA Activities -- Deadenylation and P-Bodies -- Relationship of GW/P-Bodies with Stress Granules -- Relationship of Other Cytoplasmic Ribonucleoprotein Bodies (cRNPB) to GW/P Bodies -- An SNP in the Trinucleotide Repeat Region of the TNRC6A Gene Maps to a Major TNGW1 Autoepitope in Patients with Autoantibodies to GW182 -- Reflections on Ten Years of History of, and Future Prospects for, GW182 and GW/P Body Research.
- Tetrahymena thermophila. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Th 17 cells 2009, Springer
- Therapy with cultured cells 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Thiol redox transitions in cell signaling. Part B, Cellular localization and signaling. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectEngineering of Fluorescent Reporters into Redox Domains to Monitor Electron Transfers /Derek Parsonage ... [et al.] --Blot-Based Detection of Dehydroalanine-Containing Glutathione Peroxidase with the Use of Biotin-Conjugated Cysteamine /Sue Goo Rhee, Chun-Seok Cho --Analysis of the Redox Regulation of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Superfamily Members Utilizing a Cysteinyl-Labeling Assay /Benoit Boivin, Nicholas K. Tonks --Measuring the Redox State of Cellular Peroxiredoxins by Immunoblottin /Andrew G. Cox, Christine C. Winterbourn, Mark B. Hampton --Thiol Redox Transitions by Thioredoxin and Thioredoxin-Binding Protein-2 in Cell Signaling /Eiji Yoshihara ... [et al.] --Detection of Protein Thiols in Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation Complexes and Associated Proteins /Kelly K. Andringa, Shannon M. Bailey --Mitochondrial Thioredoxin Reductase: Purification, Inhibitor Studies, and Role in Cell Signaling /Maria Pia Rigobello, Alberto Bindoli --Measuring Mitochondrial Protein Thiol Redox State /Raquel Requejo ... [et al.] --Measurement of Extracellular (Exofacial) Versus Intracellular Protein Thiols /Jolanta Skalska, Steven Bernstein, Paul Brookes --Redox Clamp Model for Study of Extracellular Thiols and Disulfides in Redox Signaling /Young-Mi Go, Dean P. Jones --Redox State of Human Serum Albumin in Terms of Cysteine-34 in Health and Disease /Karl Oettl, Gunther Marsche --Methods for Studying Redox Cycling of Thioredoxin in Mediating Preconditioning-Induced Survival Genes and Proteins /Chuang C. Chiueh --Oxidative Stress, Thiol Redox Signaling Methods in Epigenetics /Isaac K. Sundar ... [et al.] --Characterization of Protein Targets of Mammalian Thioredoxin Reductases /Anton A. Turanov, Dolph L. Hatfield, Vadim N. Gladyshev --Alteration of Thioredoxin Reductase 1 Levels in Elucidating Cancer Etiology /Min-Hyuk Yoo ... [et al.] --Regulation of Apoptosis Signal-Regulating Kinase 1 in Redox Signaling /Kazumi Katagiri, Atsushi Matsuzawa, Hidenori Ichijo --Protocols for the Detection of S-Glutathionylated and S-Nitrosylated Proteins In Situ /Scott W. Aesif, Yvonne M.W. Janssen-Heininger, Niki L. Reynaert --Synthesis, Quantification, Characterization, and Signaling Properties of Glutathionyl Conjugates of Enals /Sanjay Srivastava ... [et al.] --Thioredoxin and Redox Signaling in Vasculature--Studies Using Trx2 Endothelium-Specific Transgenic Mice /Wang Min ... [et al.]
- Tissue repair, contraction and the myofibroblast 2006, Springer1. Cytomechanics in connective tissue repair and engineering / Robert A. Brown -- 2. Scleroderma lung fibroblasts : contractility and connective tissue growth factor / Galina S. Bogatkevich ... [et al.] -- 3. Functional assessment of fibroblast heterogeneity by the cell-surface glycoprotein thy-1 / Carolyn J. Baglole ... [et al.] -- 4. Tissue repair in asthma : the origin of airway subepithelial fibroblasts and myofibroblasts / Sabrina Mattoli -- 5. Experimental models to study the origin and role of myofibroblasts in renal fibrosis / Michael Zeisberg, Mary A. Soubasakos and Raghu Kalluri -- 6. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition of mesothelial cells as a mechanism responsible for peritoneal membrane failure in peritoneal dialysis patients / Abelardo Aguilera ... [et al.] -- 7. FIZZy alveolar epithelial cells induce myofibroblast differentiation / Sem H. Phan -- 8. Pro-invasive molecular cross-signaling between cancer cells and myofibroblasts / Olivier De Wever and Marc Mareel -- 9. Proangiogenic implications of hepatic stellate cell transdifferentiation into myofibroblasts induced by tumor microenvironment / Elvira Olaso ... [et al.] -- 10. Matrix metalloproteinases, tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase and matrix turnover and the fate of hepatic stellate cells / Aqeel M. Jamil and John P. Iredale -- 11. Innate immune regulation of lung injury and repair / Dianhua Jiang ... [et al.] -- 12. An Eye on repair : myofibroblasts in corneal wounds / James V. Jester.
- TNF pathophysiology 2010, KargerTNF is a multifunctional proinflammatory cytokine central to the development and homeostasis of the immune system and a regulator of cell activation, differentiation and death. Recent decades have seen an enormous scientific and clinical interest in the function of TNF in physiology and disease. A vast amount of data has been accumulated at the biochemical, molecular and cellular level, establishing TNF as a prototype for in-depth understanding of the physiological and pathogenic functions of cytokines. This volume covers several current aspects of TNF regulation and function, including transcriptional and posttranscriptional control mechanisms, cellular modes of action, signaling networks that mediate its effect, involvement in pathogenesis and clinical outcomes of TNF antagonists. It combines basic science at the molecular and cellular level with research in animal models of disease and clinical findings to provide a comprehensive review of recent developments in TNF biology. A thorough understanding of the mechanisms by which this key molecular player is produced and functions to regulate cell biology, immunity and disease postulates novel paradigms on how genes contribute to the development and physiology of biological systems.
- Transcription factors 2010, Springer ProtocolsA review of post-translational modifications and subcellular localization of Ets transcription factors : possible connection with cancer and involvement in the hypoxic response / Céline Charlot ... [et al.] -- Regulation of transcription factor function by targeted protein degradation : an overview focusing on p53, c-Myc, and c-Jun / Jukka Westermarck -- Review of molecular mechanisms involved in the activation of the Nrf2-ARE signaling pathway by chemopreventive agents / Aldo Giudice, Claudio Arra, and Maria C. Turco -- Subnuclear localization and intranuclear trafficking of transcription factors / Sayyed K. Zaidi ... [et al.] -- Analysis of ligand-dependent nuclear accumulation of Smads in TGF-[beta] signaling / Douglas A. Chapnick and Xuedong Liu -- Raf/MEK/MAPK signaling stimulates the nuclear translocation and transactivating activity of FOXM1 / Richard Y.M. Ma ... [et al.] -- Coupling of dephosphorylation and nuclear export of Smads in TGF-[beta] signaling / Fangyan Dai ... [et al.] -- Assessing sequence-specific DNA binding and transcriptional activity of STAT1 transcription factor / Thomas Meyer and Uwe Vinkemeier -- Analysis of nuclear export using photoactivatable GFP fusion proteins and interspecies heterokaryons / Kerry-Ann Nakrieko, Iordanka A. Ivanova, and Lina Dagnino -- Determination of nuclear localization signal sequences for Krüppel-like factor 8 / Tina S. Mehta, Farah Monzur, and Jihe Zhao -- Methods to measure nuclear export of [beta]-catenin using fixed and live cell assays / Manisha Sharma and Beric R. Henderson -- Imaging of transcription factor trafficking in living cells : lessons from corticosteroid receptor dynamics / Mayumi Nishi -- Hypoxia-inducible factors : post-translational crosstalk of signaling pathways / Elitsa Y. Dimova and Thomas Kietzmann -- The basic helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper gene Mitf : analysis of alternative promoter choice and splicing / Kapil Bharti ... [et al.] -- Phosphorylation control of nuclear receptors / Sébastien Lalevée, Christine Ferry, and Cécile Rochette-Egly -- Regulation of Krüpple-like [i.e. Krüppel-like] factor 5 by targeted protein degradation / Ceshi Chen -- Post-translational control of ETS transcription factors : detection of modified factors at target gene promoters / Li Li, Janice Saxton, and Peter E. Shaw -- Integration of protein kinases into transcription complexes : identifying components of immobilised in vitro pre-initiation complexes / Hong-Mei Zhang ... [et al.] -- Post-translational modification of p53 by ubiquitin / Chunhong Yan -- Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of SATB1, the higher-order chromatin organizer and global gene regulator / Dimple Notani ... [et al.] -- In vivo and in vitro tools to identify and study transcriptional regulation of USF-1 target genes / Marie-Dominique Galibert and Sébastien Corre -- Measuring the absolute abundance of the Smad transcription factors using quantitative immunoblotting / David C. Clarke and Xuedong Liu -- Flow cytometry analysis of transcription factors in T lymphocytes / Diana I. Albu, Danielle Califano, and Dorina Avram -- Identification of specific protein/E-box-containing DNA complexes : lessons from the ubiquitously expressed USF transcription factors of the b-HLH-LZ super family / Marie-Dominique Galibert and Yorann Baron.
- Transcriptional and translational regulation of stem cells 2013, Springer1. The Stem cell state / Gary R. Hime, Helen E. Abud -- 2. Induction of pluripotency / Corey Heffernan, Jun Liu, Huseyin Sumer -- pt. I. Model stem cell systems (A): invertebrate -- 3. Germline stem cells and their regulation in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans / Aaron Kershner, Sarah L. Crittenden, Kyle Friend, Erika B. Sorensen, Douglas F. Porter -- 4.Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of Drosophila germline stem cells and their differentiating progeny / Helen White-Cooper, Simona Caporilli -- 5. Stem cells in the Drosophila digestive system / Xiankun Zeng, Chhavi Chauhan, Steven X. Hou -- 6. Mechanisms of asymmetric progenitor divisions in the Drosophila central nervous system / Rita Sousa-Nunes, W. Gregory Somers -- pt. II. Model stem cell systems (B): vertebrate -- 7. Transcriptional/translational regulation of mammalian spermatogenic stem cells / Cathryn A. Hogarth -- 8. Transcriptional regulation and specification of neural stem cells / Kimberly J. Christie, Ben Emery, Mark Denham, Helena Bujalka, Holly S. Cate -- 9. Transcriptional control of epidermal stem cells / Briana Lee, Xing Dai -- 10. Regulation of intestinal stem cells by WNT and notch signalling / Katja Horvay, Helen E. Abud -- 11. Transcriptional regulation of haematopoietic stem cells / Adam C. Wilkinson, Berthold Göttgens -- 12. The Regulation of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation / David Cook, Paul Genever -- pt. III. Molecular families implicated in stem cell regulation -- 13. The Musashi family of RNA binding proteins: master regulators of multiple stem cell populations / Jessie M. Sutherland, Eileen A. McLaughlin, Gary R. Hime, Nicole A. Siddall -- 14. JAK-STAT signaling in stem cells / Rachel R. Stine, Erika L. Matunis -- 15. Myc in stem cell behaviour: insights from Drosophila / Leonie M. Quinn, Julie Secombe, Gary R. Hime -- 16. The Role of nuclear receptors in embryonic stem cells / Qin Wang, Austin J. Cooney -- 17. Epigenetic regulation of stem cells / Anton Wutz -- 18. Regulation of stem cell populations by microRNAs / Julie Mathieu, Hannele Ruohola-Baker -- 19. Myb and the regulation of stem cells in the intestine and brain: a tale of two niches / Jordane Malaterre, Lloyd Pereira, Robert G. Ramsay.
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Cytokines ..............................
- Cytoskeleton of the nervous system .....
- — Molecular mechanisms of adult stem ce...
- Mortalin biology .......................
- — Transcriptional and translational reg...
- Transforming growth factor-β in cance...
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases