Books by Subject
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Differentiation of embryonic stem cel...
- Digital microscopy. 4th edition. .......
- — Novel developments in stem cell mobil...
- NPY family of peptides in immune diso...
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Nuclear mechanics & genome regulation. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection A. Cell Nucleus: Organization & MechanoBiology -- Chapter 1. Fluorescence Fluctuation Microscopy to Reveal 3D Architecture and Function in the Cell Nucleus / Thorsten Lenser, Klaus Weisshart, Tobias Ulbricht, Karolin Klement, Peter Hemmerich -- Chapter 2. Studying Histone Modifications and Their Genomic Functions by Employing Chromatin Immunoprecipitation and Immunoblotting / Ranveer S. Jayani, Praveena L. Ramanujam, Sanjeev Galande -- Chapter 3. Dynamic Organization of Chromatin Assembly and Transcription Factories in Living Cells / Bidisha Sinha, Dipanjan Bhattacharya, Deepak Kumar Sinha, Shefali Talwar, Shovamayee Maharana, Soumya Gupta, G.V. Shivashankar -- Chapter 4. Manipulation and Isolation of Single Cells and Nuclei / Swee Jin Tan, Qingsen Li, Chwee Teck Lim -- Chapter 5. Beyond Lamins: Other Structural Components of the Nucleoskeleton / Zhixia Zhong, Katherine L. Wilson, Kris Noel Dahl -- Chapter 6. Altered Mechanical Properties of the Nucleus in Disease / Maria Lucia Lombardi, Jan Lammerding -- Chapter 7. Theoretical Concepts and Models of Cellular Mechanosensing / Rumi De, Assaf Zemel, Samuel A. Safran -- Section B. Impact of Nuclear Mechanics on Function -- Chapter 8. Mechanical Induction of Gene Expression in Connective Tissue Cells / Matthew W.C. Chan, Boris Hinz, Christopher A. McCulloch -- Chapter 9. Physical Plasticity of the Nucleus and its Manipulation / Irena Ivanovska, Joe Swift, Takamasa Harada, J. David Pajerowski, Dennis E. Discher -- Chapter 10. Prestressed Nuclear Organization in Living Cells / Aprotim Mazumder, T. Roopa, Abhishek Kumar, K. Venkatesan Iyer, Nisha M. Ramdas, G.V. Shivashankar -- Chapter 11. Nanotopography/Mechanical Induction of Stem-Cell Differentiation / Benjamin Kim Kiat Teo, Soneela Ankam, Lesley Y. Chan, Evelyn K.F. Yim -- Chapter 12. Mechanical Induction in Embryonic Development and Tumor Growth: Integrative Cues Through Molecular to Multicellular Interplay and Evolutionary Perspectives / Maria-Elena Fernandez-Sanchez, Fanny Serman, Padra Ahmadi, Emmanuel Farge -- Chapter 13. Informatics-Based Analysis of Mechanosignaling in the Laminopathies / Frank P.L. Lai, Radfidah A. Mutalif, Siew Cheng Phua, Colin L. Stewart -- Chapter 14. Autosomal Dominant Leukodystrophy Caused by Lamin B1 Duplications: A Clinical and Molecular Case Study of Altered Nuclear Function and Disease / Quasar Saleem Padiath, Ying-Hui Fu.
- Nuclear receptor superfamily 2009, Springer ProtocolsNuclear receptors : one big family / Iain J. McEwan -- Methods for measuring ligand dissociation and nuclear receptor turnover in whole cells / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- Flow cytometry as a tool for measurement of steroid hormone receptor protein expression in leukocytes / Cherie L. Butts and Esther M. Sternberg -- X-ray crystallography of agonis/antagonist-bound receptors / Ashley C.W. Pike -- FRAP and FRET methods to study nuclear receptors in living cells / Martin E. van Royen ... [et al.] -- Receptor-DNA interactions : EMSA and footprinting / Jason T. Read ... [et al.] -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) methodology and readouts / Charles E. Massie and Ian G. Mills -- Yeast-based reporter assays for the functional characterization of cochaperone interactions with steroid hormone receptors / Heather A. Balsiger and Marc B. Cox -- High throughput analysis of nuclear receptor-cofactor interactions / Michael L. Goodson, Behnom Farboud, and Martin L. Privalsky -- Binding affinity and kinetic analysis of nuclear receptor/co-regulator interactions using surface plasmon resonance / Derek N. Lavery -- Using RNA interference to study protein function / Carol D. Curtis and Ann M. Nardulli -- Using intrinsic fluorescence emission spectroscopy to study steroid receptor and coactivator protein conformation dynamics / Kate Watt and Iain J. McEwan -- Development of phosphorylation site-specific antibodies to nuclear receptors / Inés Pineda Torra ... [et al.] -- Tissue-selective knockouts of steroid receptors : a novel paradigm in the study of steroid action / Karel De Gendt and Guido Verhoeven -- Methods for identifying and studying genetic alterations in hormone-dependent cancers / Outi R. Saramäki, Kati K. Waltering, and Tapio Visakorpi.
- Nuclear receptors 2010, SpringerNuclear receptors an introductory overview / C.M. Bunce and M.J. Campbell -- What does evolution teach us about nuclear receptors? / G. Markov, F. Bonneton and V. Laudet -- Functions of nuclear receptors in insect development / D. Martín -- The glucocorticoid receptor / R.H. Oakley and J.A. Cidlowski -- Estrogen receptors: Their actions and functional roles in health and disease / S. Nilsson and J.-Å. Gustafsson -- Androgen receptor / J.T. Dalton and W. Gao -- Thyroid hormone receptors / B. Vennström, H. Liu and D. Forrest -- The vitamin D receptor (NR1I1) / O. Maguire and M.J. Campbell -- Retinoic acid receptors / A. Cras, F. Guidez and C. Chomienne -- PPARs: Important regulators in metabolism and inflammation / L.M. Sanderson and S. Kersten -- Xenobiotic receptors CAR and PXR / C. Klaassen and H. Lu -- Fxr / Y. Wang ... [et al.] -- Physiological functions of TR2 and TR4 orphan nuclear receptor / S. Liu ... [et al.] -- Nuclear receptors and ATP dependent chromatin remodeling: A complex story / C.J. Burd and T.K. Archer -- Non-genomic action of sex steroid hormones / A. Migliaccio, G. Castoria and F. Auricchio -- Ligand regulation and nuclear receptor action / M. Hewison -- New insights to nuclear receptor gene regulation from analysis of their response elements in target genes / C. Carlberg -- Systems biology: Towards realistic and useful models of molecular networks / F.J. Bruggeman ... [et al.].
- Nuclear reprogramming 2005, Springer ProtocolsNuclear transplantation in Xenopus / John B. Gurdon -- Nuclear transfer in sheep / William A. Ritchie -- Protocols for nuclear transfer in mice / Shaorong Gao -- Isolation of stromal stem cells from human adipose tissue / Andrew C. Boquest ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming by cell fusion / Robert H. Broyles ... [et al.] -- Polyethylene glycol-mediated cell fusion / Jian Yang and Ming Hong Shen -- Epigenetic reprogramming of somatic genomes by electrofusion with embryonic stem cells / Masako Tada and Takashi Tada -- Quantification of cell fusion by flow cytometry / Stephen Sullivan ... [et al.] -- Modulation of cell fate using nuclear and cytoplasmic extracts / Anne-Mari Håkelien, Kristine G. Gaustad, and Philippe Collas -- Transgenic systems in nuclear reprogramming / Megan Munsie, Peter Mountford, and Jennifer Nichols -- Using immunofluorescence to observe methylation changes in mammalian preimplantation embryos / Fátima Santos and Wendy Dean -- Observing S-phase dynamics of histone modifications with fluorescently labeled antibodies / Rong Wu, Anna V. Terry, and David M. Gilbert -- Quantitative analysis of telomerase activity and telomere length in domestic animal clones / Dean H. Betts ... [et al.] --Pluripotency: capacity for in vitro differentiation of undifferentiated embryonic stem cells / Cornelia Wiese ... [et al.] -- Staining embryonic stem cells using monoclonal antibodies to stage-specific embryonic antigens / Bruce A. Fenderson ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the nucleolar compartment of the nucleus as an indicator of nuclear reprogramming after nuclear transfer / Jacques-E. Fléchon -- Methylation-sensitive polymerase chain reaction / Hannah R. Moore, Richard R. Meehan, and Lorraine E. Young -- Analysis of DNA methylation profiles in preimplantation embryos using bisulfite mutagenesis / Yong-Mahn Han, Seok-Ho Kim, and Yong-Kook Kang -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay for mammalian tissues / Fiona B. Turner, Wang L. Cheung, and Peter Cheung -- Histone modifications and transcription factor binding on chromatin: ChIP/PCR assays / Jaejoon Won and Tae Kook Kim -- In vivo genomic footprinting using LM-PCR methods / Hiromi Tagoh, Peter N. Cockerill, and Constanze Bonifer -- Analyzing histone modification using crosslinked chromatin treated with micrococcal nuclease / Pascal Lefevre and Constanze Bonifer.
- Nuclear transfer protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsCloning of exotic/endangered species: (desert bighorn sheep) / James "Buck" Williams ... [et al.] -- Handmade somatic cell cloning in cattle / Gábor Vatja, Ian M. Lewis, and R. Tayfur Tecirlioglu -- Genetic modification of sheep by nuclear transfer with gene-targeted somatic cells / A. John Clark, Sarah Burl, and Chris Denning -- Transgenesis using nuclear transfer in goats / Anthoula Lazaris ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming : an overview / Takashi Tada -- Expression of imprinted genes in cloned mice / Takashi Kohda, Fumitoshi Ishino, and Atsuo Ogura -- Nuclear remodeling assay in xenopus egg extract / Koichi Gonda and Nobuaki Kikyo -- In vitro reprogramming of nuclei and cells / Anne-Mari Håkelien ... [et al.] -- Techniques for nuclear transfer to mouse embryonic stem cells / Danielè Pralong and Paul J. Verma -- Gene expression and methylation patterns in cloned embryos / Christine Wrenzycki ... [et al.] -- Are there any normal clones? / Ian Wilmut -- Future and applications of cloning / Alan O. Trounson.Origin and progress of nuclear transfer in nonmammalian animals / Marie A. Di Berardino -- In vitro maturation and embryo production in cattle / Marc-André Sirard and Karine Coenen -- Activation of oocytes after nuclear transfer / Zoltán Macháty -- Culture medium preferences of pre-implantation cloned mouse embryos / Björn Heindryckx, Josiane Van der Elst, and Marc Dhont -- Maintenance of pregnancy in pigs with limited viable embryos / Tim King and Paul A. De Sousa -- Health and neonatal care of bovine clones / Jacqui T. Forsyth and David N. Wells -- Optimization of procedures for cloning by somatic cell nuclear transfer in mice / Young Gie Chung, Shaorong Gao, and Keith E. Latham -- Production of cloned calves using roscovitine-treated adult somatic cells as donors / Kazuchika Miyoshi, Sezen Arat, and Steven L. Stice -- A double nuclear transfer technique for cloning pigs / Irina A. Polejaeva, Shawn Walker, and Keith Campbell -- Nuclear transfer in nonhuman primates / Shoukhrat M. Mitalipov and Don P. Wolf --
- Nutrients and cell signaling 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Orphan G protein-coupled receptors and novel neuropeptides 2006, Springer
- Osmosensing and osmosignaling 2007, ScienceDirectWater compartments in cells / G. D. Fullerton ... [et al.] -- Yeast osmoregulation / S. Hohmann ... [et al.] -- Physiological analysis of bacterial mechanosensitive channels / I. R. Booth ... [et al.] -- Control of cell cycle in response to osmostress: Lessons from yeast / J. Clotet ... [et al.] -- Bacterial osmosensing transporters / J. M. Wood -- Plant gene networks in osmotic stress response: From genes to regulatory networks / L. S. Tran ... [et al.] -- Osmosensing by integrins in rat liver / F. Schliess ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic activation of the CD95 system / R. Reinehr ... [et al.] -- New approaches for determining apoptotic volume decrease in cells / C. D. Bortner ... [et al.] -- Transient receptor potential channels in mechanosensing and cell volume regulation / S. F. Pedersen ... [et al.] -- Cell volume regulatory ion channels in cell proliferation and cell death / F. Lang ... [et al.] -- Actin cytoskeleton architecture and signaling in osmosensing / E. A. Papakonstanti ... [et al.] -- Osmotic stress and DNA damage / N. I. Dmitrieva ... [et al.] -- Transcriptional activator tone-binding protein in cellular protection and differentiation / J. A. Kim ... [et al.] -- Desiccation response of mammalian cells: Anhydrosignaling / Z. Huang ... [et al.] -- Tonicity-regulated gene expression / J. D. Ferraris ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic induction of mitogen-activated protein kinase scaffolding / T. L. Hilder ... [et al.] -- Osmoregulation of bile formation / R. Kubitz ... [et al.] -- Osmosignaling and volume regulation in intestinal epithelial cells / C. H. Lim ... [et al.] -- Osmotic regulation of cellular glucose uptake / P. Gual ... [et al.] -- Effects of osmolytes on protein folding and aggregation in cells / Z. Ignatova ... [et al.] -- Simulations of macromolecules in protective and denaturing osmolytes: Properties of mixed solvent systems and their effects on water and protein structure and dynamics / D. A. Beck ... [et al.] -- Application of the transfer model to understand how naturally occurring osmolytes affect protein stability / M. Auton ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of high salinity tolerance in plants / N. Tuteja -- Phenotype of the taurine transporter knockout mouse / U. Warskulat ... [et al.] -- Molecular basis of osmolyte effects on protein and metabolites / J. Rosgen -- Methods of changing biopolymer volume fraction and cytoplasmic solute concentrations for in vivo biophysical studies / M. C. Konopka ... [et al.] -- Characterization of plant aquaporins / R. Kaldenhoff ... [et al.].
- Pancreatic stem cells 2009, Springer
- Perspectives of stem cells 2010, Springer
- Phagocytosis of dying cells 2009, Springer
- Plant cell culture protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer Protocols
- Potassium channels 2008, Springer ProtocolsIdentifying transcriptional regulatory regions using reporter genes and DNA-protein interactions by chromatin immunoprecipitation / Lezanne Ooi and Ian C. Wood -- Quantitative RT-PCR methods for investigation of low copy potassium channel gene expresssion in native murine arteries / Alex Cheong, Samuel J. Fountain, and David J. Beech -- Cloning of potassium chanel splice variants from tissues and cells / Lie Chen and Michael J. Shipston -- Chemiluminescence assays to investigate membrane expression and clathrin-mediated endocytosis of KATP channels / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Investigation of KATP channel endocytosis by immunofluorescence / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Investigation of KATP channel endocytosis and cell surface density by biotinylation and western blotting / Andrew J. Smith and Asipu Sivaprasadarao -- Lipid microdomains and K+ channel compartmentation : detergent and non-detergent-based methods for the isolation and characterisation of cholesterol-enriched lipid rafts / Laura J. Sampson and Caroline Dart -- Determination of phosphoinositide binding to K+ channel subunits using a protein-lipid overlay assay / Alison M. Thomas and Andrew Tinker -- Protein complex analysis of native brain potassium channels by proteomics / Guillaume Sandoz and Florian Lesage -- Xenopus oocytes as a heterologous expression system for studying ion channels with the patch-clamp technique / Paolo Tammaro, Kenju Shimomura, and Peter Proks -- Whole-cell recording using the perforated patch clamp technique / Jonathan D. Lippiat -- Recording the activity of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in open-cell cell-attached configuration / Andrei I. Tarasov -- Planar patch clamp : advances in electrophysiology / Andrea Brüggemann ... [et al.] -- Analysing steroid modulation of BKCa channels reconstituted into planar lipid bilayers / Heidi de Wet, Jonathan D. Lippiat, and Marcus Allen -- Using bioluminescence resonance energy transfer to measure ion channel assembly / Gina M. Whitaker and Eric A. Accili -- The use of FRET microscopy to elucidate steady state channel conformational rearrangements and G protein interaction with the GIRK channels / Adi Raveh, Inbal Riven, and Eitan Reuveny -- The voltage-clamp fluorometry technique / Chris S. Gandhi and Riccardo Olcese -- Identification of mutations in the Kir6.2 subunit of the KATP channel / Sarah E. Flanagan and Sian Ellard -- Modulation of potassium ion channel proteins utilising antibodies / Mark L. Dallas, Susan A. Deuchars, and Jim Deuchars -- Fluorescence-based Tl+-influx assays as a novel approach for characterization of small-conductance CA²⁺-activated K+ channel modulators / Susanne Jørgensen, Tina H. Johansen, and Tino Dyhring -- Rubidium efflux as a tool for the pharmacological characterisation of compounds with BK channel opening properties / Neil G. McKay, Robert W. Kirby, and Kim Lawson -- Recording hERG potassium currents and assessing the effects of compounds using the whole-cell patch-clamp technique / Ray M. Helliwell.
- Primary cilia 2009, ScienceDirect
- Principles of clinical cytogenetics. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerHistory of clinical cytogenetics / Steven L. Gersen -- DNA, chromosomes, and cell division / Martha Keagle -- Human chromosome nomenclature: an overview and definition of terms / Avirachan Tharapel -- Basic laboratory procedures / Martha B. Keagle and Steven L. Gersen -- Microscopy / Christopher McAleer -- Quality control and quality assurance / Michael Watson and Steven L. Gersen -- Instrumentation in the cytogenetics laboratory / Steven L. Gersen and Lotte Downey -- Autosomal aneuploidy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Structural chromosome rearrangements / Kathleen Kaiser-Rogers and Kathleen Rao -- Sex chromosomes and sex chromosome abnormalities / Cynthia M. Powell -- The cytogenetics of infertility / Linda Marie Randolph -- Prenatal cytogenetics / Linda Marie Randolph -- The cytogenetics of spontaneous abortion / Solveig M.V. Pflueger -- Chromosome instability / Xiao-Xiang Zhang -- Cytogenetics of hematologic neoplasms / Rizwan Naeem -- Cytogenetics of solid tumors / Jonathan Fletcher -- Genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Fluroescence in situ hybridization (FISH) / Daynna Wolff and Stuart Schwartz -- Fragile X: from cytogenetics to molecular genetics / Patricia Howard-Peebles and Dana Crawford -- Genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy / Jin-Chen C. Wang -- Genetic counseling / Sarah Hutchings Clark.
- Prokaryotic cell wall compounds 2010, SpringerPart I. Cell Wall Polymers and Structures of Bacteria -- 1. The Murein Sacculus / Silke Litzinger and Christoph Mayer -- 2. Occurrence, Structure, Chemistry, Genetics, Morphogenesis, and Functions of S-Layers / Paul Messner, Christina Schäffer, Eva-Maria Egelseer, and Uwe B. Sleytr -- 3. Bacterial Polysaccharide Capsules / David Corbett, Thomas Hudson, and Ian S. Roberts -- 4. Lipopolysaccharides / Alba Silipo, Cristina De Castro, Rosa Lanzetta, Michelangelo Parrilli, and Antonio Molinaro -- 5. Structure, Biosynthesis, and Function of Teichoic Acids and Related Cell Wall Glycopolymers in the Gram-positive Cell Envelope / Maren Rautenberg, Thomas Kohler, Guoqing Xia, Emir Kulauzovic, and Andreas Peschel -- 6. Outer Membrane Proteins / Oliver Mirus, Alexander Hahn, and Enrico Schleiff -- Part II. Cell Wall Polymers and Structures of Archaea -- 7. Cell Envelopes of Methanogens / Harald Claus and Helmut König -- 8. The Cell Envelopes of Haloarchaea: Staying in Shape in a World of Salt / Jerry Eichler, Mehtap Abu-Qarn, Zvia Konrad, Hilla Magidovich, Noa Plavner, and Sophie Yurist-Doutsch -- 9. Cell Envelopes of Crenarchaeota and Nanoarchaeota / Reinhard Rachel -- Part III. Biological Activities -- 10. Immunochemistry of the Cell Walls of Methanogenic Archaea: A View from the Past into the Future / Everly Conway de Macario and Alberto J.L. Macario -- 11. Cell Wall Structure and Pathogenicity / T.A. Oelschlaeger, U. Dobrindt, and J. Hacker -- Part IV. Cell Wall Growth and Inhibition -- 12. Cell Wall Targeted Antibiotics / Regine Hakenbeck, Reinhold Brückner, and Bernhard Henrich -- 13. Bacterial Autolysins / Marie-Pierre Chapot-Chartier -- Part V. Cell Wall Interactions -- 14. Prokaryotic Cell-Cell Interaction / Reinhard Wirth -- 15. Adhesion of Bacteria to Protists / Renate Radek -- Part VI. Application of Cell Wall Components -- 16. Prokaryotic Cell Wall Components: Structure and Biochemistry / Uwe B. Sleytr, Eva-Maria Egelseer, Nicola Ilk, Paul Messner, Christina Schäffer, Dietmar Pum, and Bernhard Schuster -- 17. Accumulation of Heavy Metals by Micro-organisms: Biomineralization and Nanocluster Formation / Sonja Selenska-Pobell and Mohamed Merroun.
- Prominin-1 (CD133) 2013, Springer
- Prostate cancer 2013, Springer
- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and conformational diseases. Part B, Molecular mechanisms of conformational diseases 2007, Springer
- Protein phosphorylation in aging and age-related disease. 1st ed. 2004., ScienceDirect
- Proteins 2010, SpringerEnergetics of peptide and protein binding to lipid membranes / William C. Wimley -- Membrane association and pore formation by alpha-helical peptides / Burkhard Bechinger -- Role of membrane lipids for the activity of pore forming peptides and proteins / Gustavo Fuertes ... [et al.] -- Cholesterol-dependent cytolysins / Robert J.C. Gilbert -- Laetiporus sulphureus lectin and aerolysin protein family / Jose Miguel Manchero .. [et al.] -- Interfacial interactions of pore-forming colicins / Helen Ridley, Christopher L. Johnson and Jeremy H. Lakey -- Permeabilization of the outer mitochondrial membrane by BCL-2 proteins / Ana J. Garcia-Suez ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanism of sphingomyelin : specific membrane binding and pore formation by actinoporins / Biserka Bakra and Gregor Anderluh --Hemolysin E (hlye, clya, shea) and related toxins / Stuart Hunt, Jeffrey Green and Peter J. Artymiuk -- Pore formation by cry toxins / Mario Soberin ... [et al.] -- Role of heparan sulfates and glycosphingolipids in the pore formation of basic polypeptides of cobra cardiotoxin / Wen-guey Wu ... [et al.] -- Amyloid peptide pores and the beta sheet conformation / Bruce L. Kagan and Jyothi Thundimadathil.
- Proteus effect 2004, NAPPlant or animal? -- Mouse strain 129 -- The purple cell -- Mystery in a dish -- The embryo experiments -- The canary's song -- After the birth of Louise Brown -- Monkeys to humans -- Epic upon epic -- Marrow to brain? -- The art of cell replacement -- After tomorrow.
- Protocols for neural cell culture. 4th ed. 2010, Springer ProtocolsNeurosphere and Neural Colony-Forming Cell Assays / Sharon A. Louis, Brent A. Reynolds -- Directed Neuronal Differentiation of Embryonic and Adult-Derived Neurosphere Cells / Marcos R. Costa, Ravi Jagasia, Benedikt Berninger -- Culture and Differentiation of Human Neural Stem Cells / Soojung Shin, Mohan Vemuri -- Neural Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Mirella Dottori, Alice Pébay, Martin F. Pera -- Isolation and Culture of Primary Human CNS Neural Cells / Manon Blain, Veronique E. Miron, Caroline Lambert, Peter J. Darlington, Qiao-Ling Cui, Philippe Saikali, V. Wee Yong, Jack P. Antel -- Bioengineering Protocols for Neural Precursor Cell Expansion / Behnam A. Baghbaderani, Arindom Sen, Michael S. Kallos, Leo A. Behie -- Intracellular Calcium Assays in Dissociated Primary Cortical Neurons / Navjot Kaur, David V. Thompson, David Judd, David R. Piper, Richard G. Del Mastro -- Dissociated Hippocampal Cultures / Francine Nault, Paul Koninck -- Primary Sensory and Motor Neuron Cultures / Andrea M. Vincent, Eva L. Feldman -- Retinal Cell and Tissue Culture / Francisco L.A.F. Gomes, Michel Cayouette -- Preparation of Normal and Reactive Astrocyte Cultures / Jean Vellis, Cristina A. Ghiani, Ina B. Wanner, Ruth Cole -- Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cell Culture / Akiko Nishiyama, Ryusuke Suzuki, Hao Zuo, Xiaoqin Zhu -- Isolation of Microglia Subpopulations / Makoto Sawada, Hiromi Suzuki -- Microglia from Progenitor Cells in Mouse Neopallium / Sergey Fedoroff, Arleen Richardson -- Primary Schwann Cell Cultures / Haesun A. Kim, Patrice Maurel -- Primary Dissociated Astrocyte and Neuron Co-culture / Shelley Jacobs, Laurie C. Doering -- Cerebellar Slice Cultures / Josef P. Kapfhammer -- Hippocampal Slice Cultures / Jesse E. Hanson, Adrienne L. Orr, Silvia Fernandez-Illescas, Ricardo A. Valenzuela, Daniel V. Madison -- Molecular Substrates for Growing Neurons in Culture / Saulius Satkauskas, Arnaud Muller, Morgane Roth, Dominique Bagnard -- Guidance and Outgrowth Assays for Embryonic Thalamic Axons / Alexandre Bonnin -- Detection of Cell Death in Neuronal Cultures / Sean P. Cregan -- Live Imaging of Neural Cell Functions / Sabine Bavamian, Eliana Scemes, Paolo Meda -- Tissue Culture Procedures and Tips / Arleen Richardson, Sergey Fedoroff.
- Recent advances in cytometry. Part A, Instrumentation, methods. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectCytometry is one of the most rapidly growing methodologies available for basic cell and molecular biology, cytogenetics, immunology, oncology, environmental sciences and also various fields of clinical medicine. This new edition, split into 2 Parts, is an almost completely new book, with nearly all of the chapters devoted to new topics. Like the previous volumes on cytometry published as part of the Methods in Cell Biology series, it provides a comprehensive description of particular cytometric methods and reviews their applications. Chapters present the theoretical foundations of the described methods, their applicability in experimental laboratory and clinical settings, and describes common traps and pitfalls such as problems with data interpretation, comparison with alternative assays, and choosing the optimal assay. Comprehensive presentation of cytometric methods covering theoretical applications, applicability, potential pitfalls, and comparisions to alternative assays * Discusses many new assays developed since the previous edition. Presents recent developments in cytometric intrumentation/technology.
- Recent advances in cytometry. Part B, Advances in applications. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectCytometry is one of the most rapidly growing methodologies available for basic cell and molecular biology, cytogenetics, immunology, oncology, environmental sciences and also various fields of clinical medicine. This new edition, split into 2 Parts, is an almost completely new book, with nearly all of the chapters devoted to new topics. Like the previous volumes on cytometry published as part of the Methods in Cell Biology series, it provides a comprehensive description of particular cytometric methods and reviews their applications. Chapters present the theoretical foundations of the described methods, their applicability in experimental laboratory and clinical settings, and describes common traps and pitfalls such as problems with data interpretation, comparison with alternative assays, and choosing the optimal assay. Comprehensive presentation of cytometric methods covering theoretical applications, applicability, potential pitfalls, and comparisions to alternative assays. Discusses many new assays developed since the previous edition * Presents recent developments in cytometric intrumentation/technology.
- Recent advances in phototrophic prokaryotes 2010, Springer
- Receptor-receptor interactions 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Cell Biology looks at receptor-receptor interactions, with sections on allosteric and effector interactions, crystallization and modeling, measuring receptor-receptor interactions and oligomerization in individual classes. With cutting-edge material, this comprehensive collection is intended to guide researchers of receptor-receptor interactions for years to come.
- Redox cell biology and genetics. Part A-B 2002, ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Regenerative medicine 2003, NAP
- Regenerative therapy using blood-derived stem cells 2012, Springer
- Regulatory networks in stem cells 2009, Springer
- Regulatory T cells and clinical application 2008, Springer
- Reporter genes 2007, Springer ProtocolsMethodologies for staining and visualization of [beta]-galactosidase in mouse embryos and tissues / Siobhan Loughna and Deborah Henderson -- Immunohistochemical detection of [beta]-galactosidase or green fluorescent protein on tissue sections / Philip A. Seymour and Maike Sander -- Detection of reporter gene expression in murine airways / Maria Limberis, Peter Bell, and James M. Wilson -- Three-dimensional analysis of molecular signals with episcopic imaging techniques / Wolfgang J. Weninger and Timothy J. Mohun -- Fluorescent proteins for cell biology / George H. Patterson -- Detection of GFP during nervous system development in Drosophila melanogaster / Karin Edoff, James S. Dods, and Andrea H. Brand -- Autofluorescent proteins for flow cytometry / Charles G. Bailey and John E. J. Rasko -- Fluorescent protein reporter systems for single-cell measurements / Steven K. Dower, Eva E. Qwarnstrom, and Endre Kiss-Toth -- Subcellular imaging of cancer cells in live mice / Robert M. Hoffman -- Noninvasive imaging of molecular events with bioluminescent reporter genes in living subjects / Pritha Ray and Sanjiv Sam Gambhir -- Green fluorescent protein as a tracer in chimeric tissues : the power of vapor fixation / Harald Jockusch and Daniel Eberhard.
- Reviews and protocols in DT40 research 2006, SpringerCh. 1. DT40 gene disruptions: a how-to for the design and the construction of targeting vectors / Hiroshi Arakawa and Jean-Marie Buerstedde -- Ch. 2. Immunoglobulin gene conversion or hypermutation: That's the question / Jean-Marie Buerstedde and Hiroshi Arakawa -- Ch. 3. Genome resources for the DT40 community / Randolph B Caldwell and Andrzej M. Kierzek -- Ch. 4. Chromosome engineering in DT40 cells and mammalian centromere function / William R.A. Brown ... [et al.] -- Ch. 5. Function of recQ family helicase in genome stability / Masayuki Seki, Shusuke Tada and Takemi Enomoto -- Ch. 6. Genetic analysis of apoptotic execution / Sandrine Ruchaud ... [et al.] -- Ch. 7. The DT40 system as a tool for analyzing kinetochore assembly / Masahiro Okada, Tesuya Hori and Tatsuo Fukagawa -- Ch. 8. Analysing the DNA damage and replication checkpoints in DT40 cells / Michael D Rainey, George Zachos, and David AF Gillespie -- Ch. 9. Using DT40 to study clathrin function / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- Ch. 10. Genetic analysis OF B cell signaling / Hisaaki Shinohara and Tomohiro Kurosaki --Ch. 11. DT40 mutants: a model to study transcriptional regulation of B cell development and function / Jukka Alinikula, Olli Lassila and Kalle-Pekka Nera -- Ch. 12. Transcription and RNA processing factors play complex roles IN DT40 cells / Stephanie Bush and James L. Manley -- Ch. 13. Participation of histones, histone modifying enzymes and histone chaperones in vertebrate cell functions / Hidehiko Kikuchi ... [et al.] -- Ch. 14. Analysis of gene expression, copy number and palindrome formation with a DT40 enriched cDNA Microarray / Paul E. Neima ... [et al.] -- Ch. 15. Analysis of DNA replication damage bypass and its role in immunoglobulin repertoire development / Julian E. Sale, Anna-Laura Ross and Laura J. Simpson -- Ch. 16. The fanconi anemia pathway promotes homologous recombination repair in DT40 cell line / Julian E. Sale, Anna-Laura Ross and Laura J. Simpson -- Ch. 17. Calcium signaling, ion channels and more / Anne-Laure Perraud, Carsten Schmitz, Andrew M. Scharenberg -- Ch. 18. Phenotypic analysis of cellular responses to DNA damage / Helfrid Hochegger and Shunichu Takeda -- Ch. 19. ATM, a paradigm for a stress-responsive signal transducer in higher vertebrate cells / Ken-ichi Yamamoto, Masahiko Kobayashi and Hiroko Shimizu --METHOD 1. Stable transfection of DT40 / Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 2. Basic cell culture conditions / Huseyin Saribasak and Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 3. Excision of floxed-DNA sequences by transient induction of Mer-Cre-Mer / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 4. Immunoglobulin gene conversion and hypermutation assay by FACS / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 5. Target screening by PCR / Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 6. Mitotic index determination by flow cytometry / David AF Gillespie and Mark Walker -- METHOD 7. Centrifugal elutriation as a means of cell cycle phase separation and synchronization / David AF Gillespie and Catarina Henriques -- METHOD 8. Preparation of genomic DNA for microarray-based comparative genome hybridization / Robert Kimmel, Amalia Icreverzi, Paul Neiman -- METHOD 9. Analysis of cellular Mg2+ in DT40 cells / Anne-Laure Perraud, Carsten Schmitz, Andrew M. Scharenberg -- METHOD 10. Transient transfection of DT40 / Roger Franklin & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 11. Retroviral transduction of DT40 / Felix Randow & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 12. Colony survival assay / Laura. J. Simpson & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 13. Subcloning DT40 by limiting dilution / Jean-Marie Buerstedde --METHOD 14. Subnuclear immunofluorescence / Dávid Szüts & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 15. Sister chromatid exchange assay / Laura J. Simpson & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 16. 2D cell cycle analysis / Roger Franklin & Julian E. Sale -- METHOD 17. Purification of tap-tagged proteins by two-step pull down from DT40 cells / Hiroyuki Kitao and Minoru Takata -- METHOD 18. Synchronization of cells / Eiichiro Sonoda -- METHOD 19. Tranfection of DT40 cells / Huseyin Saribasak and Hiroshi Arakawa -- METHOD 20. Luciferase reporter assay / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 21. Indirect immunofluorescence microscopy / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 22. Quantification of receptor-mediated endocytosis / Frank R. Wettey and Antony P. Jackson -- METHOD 23. Measurement of DNA synthesis and strand breaks using alkaline sucrose density gradient centrifugation / Kouichi Yamada and Jun Takezawa -- METHOD 24. Fractionation of nuclear and cytoplasmic proteins from DT40 cell lines / Yan-Dong Wang and Randolph B Caldwell.
- Rho GTPases in cancer 2010, Springer
- RNA trafficking and nuclear structure dynamics 2008, Springer
- Serous cavity fluid and cerebrospinal fluid cytopathology 2012, SpringerIntroduction, Clinical and Technical Aspects--Normal Cytology--Reactive Mesothelial Hyperplasia--Malignant Mesothelioma--A Potential Litigation Diagnosis--Metastatic Cancers--Effusions in Children--Abdominopelvic Washings--Lymphocytic Effusions--Benign Inflammatory and Other Uncommon Conditions--Cerebrospinal Fluid.
- Sertoli cell biology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Signal transduction 2010, Springer
- Signal transduction. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirect"A reference on cellular-signalling processes, Signal Transduction second edition details the sources, key observations, and experiments that set the scene for recent and current scientific endeavour. Beginning with a historical overview, this book discusses how the concept of chemical messengers arose in the early twentieth century and shaped our current understanding of the action of hormones, cytokines, neurotransmitters, and growth factors." "The book further examines more complex signalling cascades, emanating from classic receptors, as well as adhesion molecules, involved in processes such as vision, smell, inflammation, innate and adaptive immunity, glucose homeostasis, cell-fated decisions, cell differentiation, and cell transformation. This revision concludes with a discourse on the targeting of signal-transduction cascades in the treatment of cancer and the structure of protein domains key to the assembly of signalling complexes"--Book jacket.
- Single cell diagnostics 2007, Springer ProtocolsNoninvasive metabolic assessment of single cells / David K. Gardner -- Laser capture microdissection for analysis of single cells / Nobuki Nakamura ... [et al.] -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) on single cells (sex determination and chromosome rearrangements) / Paul N. Scriven and Caroline Mackie Ogilvie -- Single cell PCR for PGD : methods, strategies, and limitations / Karen Sermon and Martine De Rycke -- Real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasma / Bernhard Zimmermann ... [et al.] -- Cell-free fetal DNA plasma extraction and real-time PCR quantification / Jill L. Maron, Kirby L. Johnson, and Diana W. Bianchi -- LATE-PCR and allied technologies : real-time detection strategies for rapid, reliable diagnosis from single cells / Kenneth E. Pierce and Lawrence J. Wangh -- Efficient isothermal amplification of the entire genome from single cells / Karen V. Schowalter, Jolene R. Fredrickson, and Alan R Thornhill -- Comparative genomic hybridization on single cells / Lucille Voullaire and Leeanda Wilton -- Generation of amplified RNAs and cDNA libraries from single mammalian cells / James Adjaye -- Real-time PCR to measure gene expression in single cells / Dagan Wells -- Gender determination and detection of aneuploidy in single cells using DNA array-based comparative genomic hybridization (array CGH) / Dong Gui Hui, Xin Yuan Guan, and Nicole Hussey -- Microarray technology for mutation analysis of low template DNA samples / Chelsea Salvado and David Cram.
- Sodium calcium exchange 2013, Springer
- Sphingolipids 2013, SpringerPart IBasic Mechanisms.The Genetics of Sphingolipid Hydrolases and Sphingolipid Storage Diseases /Edward H. Schuchman, Calogera M. Simonaro --Sphingolipids and Membrane Domains: Recent Advances /Salvatore Chiantia, Erwin London --Sphingolipid Metabolism and Neutral Sphingomyelinases /Michael V. Airola, Yusuf A. Hannun --Acid Sphingomyelinase /Brian Henry ... [et al.] --Ceramide Synthases: Reexamining Longevity /Joo-Won Park, Yael Pewzner-Jung --Membrane Channels Formed by Ceramide /Marco Colombini --Genetic Disorders of Simple Sphingolipid Metabolism /Virginie Albinet ... [et al.] --The Role of Ceramide-1-Phosphate in Biological Functions /L. Alexis Hoeferlin, Dayanjan S. Wijesinghe, Charles E. Chalfant --Part IIDrug Development.Functional Inhibitors of Acid Sphingomyelinase (FIASMAs) /Johannes Kornhuber ... [et al.] --Novel Drugs Targeting Sphingolipid Metabolism /Krishna P. Bhabak, Christoph Arenz --The Therapeutic Potential of Nanoscale Sphingolipid Technologies /Jody L. Hankins ... [et al.] --Novel Chemotherapeutic Drugs in Sphingolipid Cancer Research /Daniel Canals, Yusuf A. Hannun --Pharmacology of the Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Signalling System /Dagmar Meyer zu Heringdorf, Katja Ihlefeld, Josef Pfeilschifter.
- Stem cell assays 2007, Springer ProtocolsDerivation of human embryonic stem cells in xeno-free conditions / Mohan C. Vemuri ... [et al.] -- Feeder-layer free culture system for human embryonic stem cells / Michal Amit -- Digital imaging of stem cells by electron microscopy / A. Henry Sathananthan and Stefania A. Nottola -- A controlled-cooling protocol for cryopreservation of human and non-human primate embryonic stem cells / Carol B. Ware and Szczepan W. Baran -- Cell surface markers in human embryonic stem cells / Raj R. Rao, Alison Venable Johnson, and Steven L. Stice -- Generation of a monoclonal antibody library against human embryonic stem cells / Micha Drukker, Christina Muscat, and Irving L. Weissman -- Analytical methods for cancer stem cells / Vinagolu K. Rajasekhar -- Micro RNA profiling : an easy and rapid method to screen and characterize stem cell populations / Uma Lakshmipathy ... [et al.] -- Gene transfer via nucleofection into adult and embryonic stem cells / Uma Lakshmipathy, Shannon Buckley, and Catherine Verfaillie -- RNAi knockdown of transcription factor Pu.1 in the differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells / Gang-Ming Zou, Meredith A. Thompson, and Mervin C. Yoder -- StemBase : a resource for the analysis of stem cell gene expression data / Christopher J. Porter ... [et al.] -- Isolation of stem cells from human umbilical cord blood / Nishanth P. Reddy, Mohan C. Vemuri, and Reddanna Pallu -- Ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic stem cells from human cord blood in serum-free conditions / Chao-Ling Yao and Shiaw-Min Hwang -- Hematopoietic colony-forming cell assays / Carla Pereira, Emer Clarke, and Jackie Damen -- Assays for alloreactive responses by PCR / Patrick Stordeur -- Immune properties of mesenchymal stem cells / Panagiota A. Sotiropoulou and Michael Papamichail -- Clinical grade expansion of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells / Panagiota A. Sotiropoulou, Sonia A. Perez, and Michael Papamichail -- Adenoviral transduction of mesenchymal stem cells / Pablo Bosch and Steven L. Stice -- Directed differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to dendritic cells / Maxim A. Vodyanik and Igor I. Sluvkin -- Insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells to dendritic cells / Maxim A. Vodyanik and Igor I. Slukvin -- Insulin-producing cells from embryonic stem cells experimental considerations / Enrique Roche ... [et al.] -- Efficient generation of dopamine neurons from human embryonic stem cells / Chang-Hwan Park and Sang-Hun Lee -- Isolation of oligodendroglial cells from cultured neural stem/progenitors / Frank Zeigler and Stephen G. Hall -- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells toward the chondrogenic lineage / Wei Seong Toh ... [et al.] -- Cartilage tissue engineering : directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells in three-dimensional hydrogel culture / Nathaniel S. Hwang, Shyni Varghese, and Jennifer Elisseeff.
- Stem cell biology in health and disease 2009, SpringerPart 1. Bone marrow-derived stem cells -- Part 2. Embryonic stem cells -- Part 3. Cancer stem cells.
- "Stem Cell Labeling for Delivery and Tracking Using Noninvasive Imaging provides a comprehensive overview of cell therapy imaging, ranging from the basic biology of cell therapeutic choices to the preclinical and clinical applications of cell therapy. It emphasizes the use of medical imaging for therapeutic delivery/targeting, cell tracking, and determining therapeutic efficacy. The book first presents background information and insight on the major classes of stem and progenitor cells. It then describes the main imaging modalities and state-of-the-art techniques that are currently employed for stem cell tracking. In the final chapters, leading scholars offer clinical perspectives on existing and potential uses of stem cells as well as the impact of image-guided delivery and tracking in major organ systems. Through clear descriptions and color images, this volume illustrates how noninvasive imaging is used to track stem cells as they repair damaged tissue in the body. With contributions from some of the most prominent preclinical and clinical researchers in the field, the book helps readers to understand the evolving concepts of stem cell labeling and tracking as the field continues to move forward"--Provided by publisher.
- Stem cell therapy for diabetes 2010, Springer
- Stem cell tools and other experimental protocols 2006, ScienceDirectIn vitro experimentation and research tools -- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
- Stem cell transplantation 2012, SpringerSection I. Basic Aspects of Transplantation -- The Frontiers of Organ Transplantation and Cell Therapy / Rafael Matesanz -- Organ Transplantation in the 21th Century / Francisco Ortega -- Immunology and the Challenge of Transplantation / Rebeca Alonso Arias, Antonio López-Vázquez and Carlos López-Larrea -- Cellular Immunotolerance in the Transplant / Marcos Lóez-Hoyos, David San Segundo and Manuel Arias -- Immunosuppression in the ERA of Biological Agents / Josep M. Grinyó, Josep M. Cruzado, Oriol Bestard, J. R. Vidal Castiñeira and Joan Torras -- Transgenic Organs and Xenotransplants / Cristina Costa Vallés and Rafael Máñez Mendiluce -- Cell and Tissue Therapy in Regenerative Medicine / Ana Sánchez, Thomas Schimmang and Javier García-Sancho -- Section II. Adult Stem Cells -- Characteristics of Adult Stem Cells / Manuel A. Gonzalez and Antonio Bernad -- Bone Marrow Transplantation Extends Its Scope / Fermín M. Sánchez-Guijo, Alberto Orfao and María Consuelo del Cañizo -- Biology of Stem Cells: The Role of Microenvironments / Agustín G. Zapata, David Alfaro and Javier García-Ceca --Mobilization and Homing of Hematopoietic Stem Cells / Beatriz Suárez-Álvarez, Antonio López-Vázquez and Carlos López-Larrea -- Great Promise of Tissue-Resident Adult Stem/Progenitor Cells in Transplantation and Cancer Therapies / Murielle Mimeault and Surinder K. Batra -- Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells: Clinical Applications and Cancer Modeling / René Rodríguez, Javier García-Castro, Cesar Trigueros, Mariano García Arranz and Pablo Menéndez -- Section III. Embryonic Stem Cells -- Neural Stem Cells and Transplantation Studies in Parkinson's Disease / Ricardo Pardal and José López-Barneo -- Biological Impact of Human Embryonic Stem Cells / Miguel Martín and Pablo Menéndez -- Epigenetics of Embryonic Stem Cells / Vincenzo Calvanese and Mario F. Fraga -- New Tools in Regenerative Medicine: Gene Therapy / Miguel Muñoz Ruiz and José R. Regueiro -- Therapeutic Cloning and Cellular Reprogramming / Ramon M. Rodriguez, Pablo J. Ross and Jose B. Cibelli -- Section IV. Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine -- Advances in Stem Cell Therapy / Silvia Pérez López and Jesús Otero Hernández -- Tissue Bioengineering and Artificial Organs / Sara Llames, Eva García, Jesús Otero Hernández and Álvaro Meana.
- Stem cell-based tissue repair 2011, R Soc ChemChapter 1. Promises and Limitations in the Application of Cell Therapy for Tissue Regeneration / Raphael Gorodetsky -- Chapter 2. Adult Non-hematopoietic Stem Cells and Progenitor Cells (aNHSCs) / R. Schäfer and L. Dahéron -- Chapter 3. Screening Approaches for Stem Cells / David G. Buschke, Derek J. Hei, Kevin W. Eliceiri and Brenda M. Ogle -- Chapter 4. Hematopoietic Stem Cells and their Role in Regenerative Medicine / Eitan Fibach -- Chapter 5. Cord and Cord Blood: Valuable Resources with Potential for Liver Therapy / Saba Habibollah, Marcin Jurga, Nico Forraz and Colin McGuckin -- Chapter 6. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: Their Role in Modeling Disease and Regenerative Medicine / Yonatan Stelzer and Marjorie Pick -- Chapter 7. Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem Cells from Tissue Repair to Destruction of Tumor Cells / Rita Bussolari, Giulia Grisendi, Luigi Cafarelli, Pietro Loschi, Laura Scarabelli, Antonio Frassoldati, Michela Maur, Giorgio De Santis, Paolo Paolucci, Pierfranco Conte and Massimo Dominici -- Chapter 8. Fibrin-based Matrices to Support Stem Cell-Based Tissue Regeneration / Raphael Gorodetsky, Iris Mironi-Harpaz and Dror Seliktar -- Chapter 9. Culturing Non-hematopoietic Mesenchymal Stromal Cells and Requirements of GMP in Stem Cell-based Therapies / Karen Bieback, Marianna Karagianni, Gerlinde Schmidtke-Schrezenmeier, Natalie Fekete and Hubert Schrezenmeier --Chapter 10. (Stem) Cell Based Therapy for Neurological Disorders / O. Einstein and T. Ben-Hur -- Chapter 11. Mesenchymal Osteogenic Precursors for Bone Repair and Regeneration / Nicola Baldini, Dante Dallari and Francesca Perut -- Chapter 12. Stem Cells and Cartilage Repair / Bernd Rolauffs, Andreas Badke, Kuno Weise, Alan J. Grodzinsky and Wilhelm K. Aicher -- Chapter 13. Stem Cell-based Replacement Tissue for Heart Repair / Ayelet Lesman and Shulamit Levenberg -- Chapter 14. Regeneration of the Vascular System / M. Schleicher, A. J. Huber, H. P. Wendel and U. A. Stock -- Chapter 15. Regenerative Strategies for the Endocrine Pancreas: From Islets to Stem Cells and Tissue Reprogramming / Juan Domínguez-Bendala and Camillo Ricordi -- Chapter 16. Regeneration of the Lower Urinary Tract: Clinical Applications and Future Outlook / Markus Renninger, Bastian Amend, Jörg Seibold, Gerhard Feil, Arnulf Stenzl and Karl-Dietrich Sievert -- Chapter 17. Effective Tissue Repair and Immunomodulation by Mesenchymal Stem Cells within a Milieu of Cytokines / Philip Lim, Shyam A. Patel and Pranela Rameshwar -- Chapter 18. Homing of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells / Reinhard Henschler, Erika Deak and Richard Schäfer.
- Stem cells and cancer (Springer) 2009, Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells 2012, SpringerFulltext Vol. 4 SpringerFulltext Vol. 5 SpringerFulltext Vol. 6 SpringerFulltext Vol. 7 Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells. Volume 1, Therapeutic applications in disease and injury 2012, Springer
- Stem cells and cancer stem cells. Volume 2, Therapeutic applications in disease and injury 2012, Springer
- Stem cells and human diseases 2012, Springer
- Stem cells for myocardial regeneration 2010, Springer ProtocolsStem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration : where are we today? / Randall J. Lee -- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells : isolation and characterization for myocardial repair / Masaaki Ii -- Umbilical cells stem cells for myocardial repair and regeneration / Nicholas Greco and Mary J. Laughlin -- Isolation of resident cardiac progenitor cells by Hoechst 33342 staining / Otmar Pfister ... [et al.] -- Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for cardiac repair / Andrew J. Boyle, Ian K. McNiece, and Joshua M. Hare -- Methods for human embryonic stem cells derived cardiomyocytes cultivation, genetic manipulation, and transplantation / Gil Arbel ... [et al.] -- Experimental cell transplantation therapy in rat myocardial infarction model including nude rat preparation / Wangde Dai and Robert A. Kloner -- Large animal model of heart failure for assessment of stem cells / Sharad Rastogi -- Histopathologic assessment of myocardial regeneration / Naima Carter-Monroe ... [et al.] -- Assessment of myocardial angiogenesis and vascularity in small animal models / Matthew L. Springer -- Superparamagnetic iron oxide labeling of stem cells for MRi tracking and delivery in cardiovascular disease / Dorota A. Kedziorek and Dara L. Kraitchman -- Embryonic stem cell biology : insights from molecular imaging / Karim Sallam and Joseph C. Wu -- Genetic fate-mapping for studying adult cardiomyocyte replenishment after myocardial injury / Sunny S.-K. Chan ... [et al.] -- In vitro electrophysiological mapping of stem cells / Seth Weinberg, Elizabeth A. Lipke, and Leslie Tung -- Assessment of cardiac conduction : basic principles of optical mapping / Chunhua Ding and Thomas H. Everett IV -- Surface patterning for generating defined nanoscale matrices / Karen L. Christman and Heather D. Maynard.
- Stem cells in regenerative medicine 2009, Springer ProtocolsDerivation and manipulation of murine embryonic stem cells / Alexander Meissner, Sarah Eminli, and Rudolf Jaenisch -- Patterning mouse and human embryonic stem cells using micro-contact printing / Raheem Peerani ... [et al.] -- Efficient gene knockdowns in human embryonic stem cells using lentiviral-based RNAi / Asmin Tulpule and George Q. Daley -- Measurement of cell-penetrating peptide-mediated transduction of adult hematopoietic stem cells / Aziza P. Manceur and Julie Audet -- Stem cell sources for regenerative medicine / Ali M. Riazi, Sarah Y. Kwon, and William L. Stanford -- Investigating the interactions between haemopoietic stem cells and their niche : methods for the analysis of stem cell homing and distribution within the marrow following transplantation / Brenda Williams and Susan K. Nilsson -- Ex vivo megakaryocyte expansion and platelet production from human cord blood stem cells / Valérie Cortin, Nicolas Pineault, and Alain Garnier -- Ex vivo generation of human red blood cells : a new advance in stem cell engineering / Luc Douay and Marie-Catherine Giarratana -- Isolation and manipulation of mammalian neural stem cells in vitro / Claudio Giachino, Onur Basak, and Verdon Taylor -- Isolation, expansion, and differentiation of mouse skin-derived precursors / Karl J.L. Fernandes and Freda D. Miller -- Xenotransplantation of embryonic stem cell-derived motor neurons into the developing chick spinal cord / Hynek Wichterle, Mirza Peljto, and Stephane Nedelec -- Transplantation of neural stem/progenitor cells into developing and adult CNS / Tong Zheng ... [et al.] -- Transplantation of embrynic stem cell-derived dopaminergic neurons in MPTP-treated monkeys / Jun Takahashi, Yasushi Takagi, and Hidemoto Saiki -- Isolation and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jonathan A. Nowak and Elaine Fuchs -- Regeneration of skin and cornea by tissue engineering / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Prospective isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from mouse compact bone / Brenton J. Short, Nathalie Brouard, and Paul J. Simmons -- Isolation, propagation, and characterization of human umbilical cord perivascular cells (HUCPVCs) / Rahul Sarugaser ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells : isolation, expansion, characterization, viral transduction, and production of conditioned medium / Massimilano Gnecchi and Luis G. Melo -- Template DNA-strand co-segregation and asymmetric cell division in skeletal muscle stem cells / Vasily Shinin, Barbara Gayraud-Morel, and Shahragim Tajbakhsh -- Isolation and grafting of single muscle fibres / Charlotte A. Collins and Peter S. Zammit -- Differentiation and dynamic analysis of primitive vessels from embryonic stem cells / Gefei Zeng and Victoria L. Bautch -- Derivation of contractile smooth muscle cells from embryonic stem cells / Sanjay Sinha, Mark H. Hoofnagle, and Gary K. Owens -- Islet-derived progenitors as a source of in vitro islet regeneration / Stephen Hanley and Lawrence Rosenberg -- Isolation and characterization of hepatic stem cells, or "oval cells," from rat livers / Thomas D. Shupe ... [et al.] -- Reprogramming of liver to pancreas / Shifaan Thowfeequ ... [et al.]
- Stem cells in reproduction and in the brain 2006, Springer
- Stem cells. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Stem cells. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectBiology of the cell -- Embryonic development -- What are stem cells? -- Of mice and men: the history of the stem cell -- Origins and types of stem cells -- Cloning -- Regenerative medicine: clinical applications of stem cells -- Cardiomyocytes from stem cells: what can we do with them? -- Stem cell tourism --Stem cells in cancer and cancer stem cells -- Stem cells for discovery of effective and safe new drugs -- Legal and intellectual property issues associated with stem cells -- Stem cell perspectives: a vision of the future.
- Sticky synapse 2009, Springer
- Part I. Structure and ligands of NCAM. -- Structural biology of NCAM / Vladislav Soroka, Christina Kasper, Flemming M. Poulsen. -- Extracellular protein interactions mediated by the neural cell adhesion molecule, NCAM: heterophilic interactions between NCAM and cell adhesion molecules, extracellular matrix proteins, and viruses / Janne Nielsen, Nikolaj Kulahin, Peter S. Walmod. -- Intracellular (intracelluar) ligands of NCAM / Bettina Buttner, Rudiger horstkorte. -- Role of ATP in the regulation of NCAM function / Martin V. Hubschmann, Galina Skladchikova. -- Part II. NCAM and plysialic acid. -- Polysialylation of NCAM / Herbert Hildebrandt, Martina Muhlenhoff, Rita Gerardy-Schahn. -- Structural basis for the polysialylation of the neural cell adhesion molecule / Karen J. Colley. -- Role of PSA-NCAM in adult neurogenesis / Eduardo Gascon, Laszlo Vutskits, Jozsel Zoltan Kiss. -- Use of PSA-NCAM in repair of the central nervous system / Abderrahman El Maarouf, Urs Rutishauser. -- Part III. NCAM-mediated signal transduction. -- Signaling pathways involved in NCAM-induced neurite outgrowth / Dorte Kornerup Ditlevsen, Kateryna Kolkova. -- Role of the growth-associated protein GAP-43 in NCAM mediated neurite outgrowth / Irina Korshunova, Mark Mosevitski. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM and lipid rafts / Gro Klitgaard Povlsen, Dorte Kornerup Ditlevsen. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule and epidermal growth factor receptor: signaling crosstalk / Gro Klitgaard Polvsen. -- Part IV. NCAM metabolism. -- Biosynthesis of NCAM / Kateryna Kolkova. -- Soluble NCAM / Thomas Secher. -- Part V. NCAM, synapses, emotions, and memory. -- Role of NCAM in spine dynamics and synaptogenesis / D. Muller, P. Mendez, M. DeRoo, P. Klauser, S. Steen, and L. Poglia. -- NCAM in long-term potentiation and learning / Barbara P. Hartz, Lars Christian B. Roon. -- Role of NCAM in emotion and learning / Lisa Conboy, Reto Bisaz, Kamila Markram, Carment Sandi. -- Part VI. NCAM in disease. -- NCAM in neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative disorders / Leann H. Brennaman, Patricia F. Maness. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule in cancer: expression and mechanisms / Silvia Zecchini, Ugo Caallaro. -- Part VII. Pharmacology of NCAM: NCAM mimetics. -- NCAM mimetic peptides: an update / Vladimir Berezin, Elisabeth Bock. -- Synthetic NCAM-derived ligands of the fibroblast growth factor receptor / Stine maria Hansen, Shizhong Li, Elisabeth Bock, Vladimir Berezin. -- Dendritic spine and synapse morphological alterations induced by neural cell adhesion molecule mimetic / Michael Stewart, Victor Popov, Nikolai Medvedev, Paul Giabbon, Nicola Corbett, Igor Kraev, Heather Davies. -- Part VIII. Orthologs and paralogs of NCAM. -- Fasciclin II: the NCAM ortholog in Drosophila melanogaster / Lars V. Kristiansen, Michael Hortsch. -- Neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM2/OCAM/RNCAM, a close relative to NCAM / Nikolaj Kulahin, Peter S. Walmod. -- Part IX. Conclusion. -- Honoring Dr. Elisabeth Bock / Vladimir Berezin.
- Telomeres and telomerase 2002, Springer Protocols
- Ten Years of Progress in GW/P Body Research 2013, SpringerIntroduction: The GW Body Story as an Example of Autoantibodies with Significant Impacts to Molecular Cell Biology -- The Discovery of GW Bodies -- The Discovery and Analysis of P Bodies -- Autoantibodies to Argonaute 2 (Su Antigen) -- GW/P-Bodies and Autoimmune Disease -- Function of GW182 and GW Bodies in siRNA and miRNA Pathways -- Post-transcriptional Stimulation of Gene Expression by MicroRNAs -- Gawky (GW) is the Drosophila melanogaster GW182 Homologue -- The Role of GW182 Proteins in miRNA-Mediated Gene Silencing -- Quantifying Argonaute Proteins In and Out of GW/P-Bodies: Implications in microRNA Activities -- Deadenylation and P-Bodies -- Relationship of GW/P-Bodies with Stress Granules -- Relationship of Other Cytoplasmic Ribonucleoprotein Bodies (cRNPB) to GW/P Bodies -- An SNP in the Trinucleotide Repeat Region of the TNRC6A Gene Maps to a Major TNGW1 Autoepitope in Patients with Autoantibodies to GW182 -- Reflections on Ten Years of History of, and Future Prospects for, GW182 and GW/P Body Research.
- Tetrahymena thermophila. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Th 17 cells 2009, Springer
- Thiol redox transitions in cell signaling. Part B, Cellular localization and signaling. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectEngineering of Fluorescent Reporters into Redox Domains to Monitor Electron Transfers /Derek Parsonage ... [et al.] --Blot-Based Detection of Dehydroalanine-Containing Glutathione Peroxidase with the Use of Biotin-Conjugated Cysteamine /Sue Goo Rhee, Chun-Seok Cho --Analysis of the Redox Regulation of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Superfamily Members Utilizing a Cysteinyl-Labeling Assay /Benoit Boivin, Nicholas K. Tonks --Measuring the Redox State of Cellular Peroxiredoxins by Immunoblottin /Andrew G. Cox, Christine C. Winterbourn, Mark B. Hampton --Thiol Redox Transitions by Thioredoxin and Thioredoxin-Binding Protein-2 in Cell Signaling /Eiji Yoshihara ... [et al.] --Detection of Protein Thiols in Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation Complexes and Associated Proteins /Kelly K. Andringa, Shannon M. Bailey --Mitochondrial Thioredoxin Reductase: Purification, Inhibitor Studies, and Role in Cell Signaling /Maria Pia Rigobello, Alberto Bindoli --Measuring Mitochondrial Protein Thiol Redox State /Raquel Requejo ... [et al.] --Measurement of Extracellular (Exofacial) Versus Intracellular Protein Thiols /Jolanta Skalska, Steven Bernstein, Paul Brookes --Redox Clamp Model for Study of Extracellular Thiols and Disulfides in Redox Signaling /Young-Mi Go, Dean P. Jones --Redox State of Human Serum Albumin in Terms of Cysteine-34 in Health and Disease /Karl Oettl, Gunther Marsche --Methods for Studying Redox Cycling of Thioredoxin in Mediating Preconditioning-Induced Survival Genes and Proteins /Chuang C. Chiueh --Oxidative Stress, Thiol Redox Signaling Methods in Epigenetics /Isaac K. Sundar ... [et al.] --Characterization of Protein Targets of Mammalian Thioredoxin Reductases /Anton A. Turanov, Dolph L. Hatfield, Vadim N. Gladyshev --Alteration of Thioredoxin Reductase 1 Levels in Elucidating Cancer Etiology /Min-Hyuk Yoo ... [et al.] --Regulation of Apoptosis Signal-Regulating Kinase 1 in Redox Signaling /Kazumi Katagiri, Atsushi Matsuzawa, Hidenori Ichijo --Protocols for the Detection of S-Glutathionylated and S-Nitrosylated Proteins In Situ /Scott W. Aesif, Yvonne M.W. Janssen-Heininger, Niki L. Reynaert --Synthesis, Quantification, Characterization, and Signaling Properties of Glutathionyl Conjugates of Enals /Sanjay Srivastava ... [et al.] --Thioredoxin and Redox Signaling in Vasculature--Studies Using Trx2 Endothelium-Specific Transgenic Mice /Wang Min ... [et al.]
- Tissue repair, contraction and the myofibroblast 2006, SpringerCytomechanics in connective tissue repair and engineering / Robert A. Brown -- Scleroderma lung fibroblasts : contractility and connective tissue growth factor / Galina S. Bogatkevich ... [et al.] -- Functional assessment of fibroblast heterogeneity by the cell-surface glycoprotein thy-1 / Carolyn J. Baglole ... [et al.] -- Tissue repair in asthma : the origin of airway subepithelial fibroblasts and myofibroblasts / Sabrina Mattoli -- Experimental models to study the origin and role of myofibroblasts in renal fibrosis / Michael Zeisberg, Mary A. Soubasakos and Raghu Kalluri -- Epithelial to mesenchymal transition of mesothelial cells as a mechanism responsible for peritoneal membrane failure in peritoneal dialysis patients / Abelardo Aguilera ... [et al.] -- FIZZy alveolar epithelial cells induce myofibroblast differentiation / Sem H. Phan -- Pro-invasive molecular cross-signaling between cancer cells and myofibroblasts / Olivier De Wever and Marc Mareel -- Proangiogenic implications of hepatic stellate cell transdifferentiation into myofibroblasts induced by tumor microenvironment / Elvira Olaso ... [et al.] -- Matrix metalloproteinases, tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase and matrix turnover and the fate of hepatic stellate cells / Aqeel M. Jamil and John P. Iredale -- Innate immune regulation of lung injury and repair / Dianhua Jiang ... [et al.] -- An eye on repair : myofibroblasts in corneal wounds / James V. Jester.
- TNF pathophysiology 2010, KargerTNF is a multifunctional proinflammatory cytokine central to the development and homeostasis of the immune system and a regulator of cell activation, differentiation and death. Recent decades have seen an enormous scientific and clinical interest in the function of TNF in physiology and disease. A vast amount of data has been accumulated at the biochemical, molecular and cellular level, establishing TNF as a prototype for in-depth understanding of the physiological and pathogenic functions of cytokines. This volume covers several current aspects of TNF regulation and function, including transcriptional and posttranscriptional control mechanisms, cellular modes of action, signaling networks that mediate its effect, involvement in pathogenesis and clinical outcomes of TNF antagonists. It combines basic science at the molecular and cellular level with research in animal models of disease and clinical findings to provide a comprehensive review of recent developments in TNF biology. A thorough understanding of the mechanisms by which this key molecular player is produced and functions to regulate cell biology, immunity and disease postulates novel paradigms on how genes contribute to the development and physiology of biological systems.
- Transcription factors 2010, Springer ProtocolsA review of post-translational modifications and subcellular localization of Ets transcription factors : possible connection with cancer and involvement in the hypoxic response / Céline Charlot ... [et al.] -- Regulation of transcription factor function by targeted protein degradation : an overview focusing on p53, c-Myc, and c-Jun / Jukka Westermarck -- Review of molecular mechanisms involved in the activation of the Nrf2-ARE signaling pathway by chemopreventive agents / Aldo Giudice, Claudio Arra, and Maria C. Turco -- Subnuclear localization and intranuclear trafficking of transcription factors / Sayyed K. Zaidi ... [et al.] -- Analysis of ligand-dependent nuclear accumulation of Smads in TGF-[beta] signaling / Douglas A. Chapnick and Xuedong Liu -- Raf/MEK/MAPK signaling stimulates the nuclear translocation and transactivating activity of FOXM1 / Richard Y.M. Ma ... [et al.] -- Coupling of dephosphorylation and nuclear export of Smads in TGF-[beta] signaling / Fangyan Dai ... [et al.] -- Assessing sequence-specific DNA binding and transcriptional activity of STAT1 transcription factor / Thomas Meyer and Uwe Vinkemeier -- Analysis of nuclear export using photoactivatable GFP fusion proteins and interspecies heterokaryons / Kerry-Ann Nakrieko, Iordanka A. Ivanova, and Lina Dagnino -- Determination of nuclear localization signal sequences for Krüppel-like factor 8 / Tina S. Mehta, Farah Monzur, and Jihe Zhao -- Methods to measure nuclear export of [beta]-catenin using fixed and live cell assays / Manisha Sharma and Beric R. Henderson -- Imaging of transcription factor trafficking in living cells : lessons from corticosteroid receptor dynamics / Mayumi Nishi -- Hypoxia-inducible factors : post-translational crosstalk of signaling pathways / Elitsa Y. Dimova and Thomas Kietzmann -- The basic helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper gene Mitf : analysis of alternative promoter choice and splicing / Kapil Bharti ... [et al.] -- Phosphorylation control of nuclear receptors / Sébastien Lalevée, Christine Ferry, and Cécile Rochette-Egly -- Regulation of Krüpple-like [i.e. Krüppel-like] factor 5 by targeted protein degradation / Ceshi Chen -- Post-translational control of ETS transcription factors : detection of modified factors at target gene promoters / Li Li, Janice Saxton, and Peter E. Shaw -- Integration of protein kinases into transcription complexes : identifying components of immobilised in vitro pre-initiation complexes / Hong-Mei Zhang ... [et al.] -- Post-translational modification of p53 by ubiquitin / Chunhong Yan -- Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of SATB1, the higher-order chromatin organizer and global gene regulator / Dimple Notani ... [et al.] -- In vivo and in vitro tools to identify and study transcriptional regulation of USF-1 target genes / Marie-Dominique Galibert and Sébastien Corre -- Measuring the absolute abundance of the Smad transcription factors using quantitative immunoblotting / David C. Clarke and Xuedong Liu -- Flow cytometry analysis of transcription factors in T lymphocytes / Diana I. Albu, Danielle Califano, and Dorina Avram -- Identification of specific protein/E-box-containing DNA complexes : lessons from the ubiquitously expressed USF transcription factors of the b-HLH-LZ super family / Marie-Dominique Galibert and Yorann Baron.
- Transcriptional and translational regulation of stem cells 2013, Springer1. The Stem cell state / Gary R. Hime, Helen E. Abud -- 2. Induction of pluripotency / Corey Heffernan, Jun Liu, Huseyin Sumer -- pt. I. Model stem cell systems (A): invertebrate -- 3. Germline stem cells and their regulation in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans / Aaron Kershner, Sarah L. Crittenden, Kyle Friend, Erika B. Sorensen, Douglas F. Porter -- 4.Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of Drosophila germline stem cells and their differentiating progeny / Helen White-Cooper, Simona Caporilli -- 5. Stem cells in the Drosophila digestive system / Xiankun Zeng, Chhavi Chauhan, Steven X. Hou -- 6. Mechanisms of asymmetric progenitor divisions in the Drosophila central nervous system / Rita Sousa-Nunes, W. Gregory Somers -- pt. II. Model stem cell systems (B): vertebrate -- 7. Transcriptional/translational regulation of mammalian spermatogenic stem cells / Cathryn A. Hogarth -- 8. Transcriptional regulation and specification of neural stem cells / Kimberly J. Christie, Ben Emery, Mark Denham, Helena Bujalka, Holly S. Cate -- 9. Transcriptional control of epidermal stem cells / Briana Lee, Xing Dai -- 10. Regulation of intestinal stem cells by WNT and notch signalling / Katja Horvay, Helen E. Abud -- 11. Transcriptional regulation of haematopoietic stem cells / Adam C. Wilkinson, Berthold Göttgens -- 12. The Regulation of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation / David Cook, Paul Genever -- pt. III. Molecular families implicated in stem cell regulation -- 13. The Musashi family of RNA binding proteins: master regulators of multiple stem cell populations / Jessie M. Sutherland, Eileen A. McLaughlin, Gary R. Hime, Nicole A. Siddall -- 14. JAK-STAT signaling in stem cells / Rachel R. Stine, Erika L. Matunis -- 15. Myc in stem cell behaviour: insights from Drosophila / Leonie M. Quinn, Julie Secombe, Gary R. Hime -- 16. The Role of nuclear receptors in embryonic stem cells / Qin Wang, Austin J. Cooney -- 17. Epigenetic regulation of stem cells / Anton Wutz -- 18. Regulation of stem cell populations by microRNAs / Julie Mathieu, Hannele Ruohola-Baker -- 19. Myb and the regulation of stem cells in the intestine and brain: a tale of two niches / Jordane Malaterre, Lloyd Pereira, Robert G. Ramsay.
- Transforming growth factor-β in cancer therapy. v. 1-2 2008, Springerv. 2 2008 Springerv. 1. Basic and clinical biology -- v. 2. Cancer treatment and therapy.
- Translation initiation 2007, ScienceDirectPurification of FLAG-tagged eukaryotic initation factor 2B complexes, subcomplexes, and fragments from Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Sarah S. Mohammad-Qureshi ... [et al.] -- In vivo deletion analysis of the architecture of a multiprotein complex of translation initiation factors / Klaus H. Nielsen and Leos̆ Valás̆ek -- An approach to studying the localization and dynamics of eukaryotic translation factors in live yeast cells / Susan G. Campbell and Mark P. Ashe -- In vitro and tissue culture methods for analysis of translation initiation on the endoplasmic reticulum / Samuel B. Stephens and Christopher V. Nicchitta -- Mammalian stress granules and processing bodies / Nancy Kedersha and Paul Anderson -- Methods to analyze micro-RNA-mediated control of mRNA translation / Jennifer L. Clancy ... [et al.] -- Methods for studying signal-dependent regulation of translation factor activity / Xuemin Wang and Christopher G. Proud -- Analysis of mRNA translation in cultured hippocampal neurons / Yi-Shuian Huang and Joel D. Richter -- Detecting ribosomal association with the 5' leader of mRNAs by ribosome density mapping (RDM) / Naama Eldad and Yoav Arava -- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA polysomal profiles with spotted DNA microarrays / Danial Melamed and Yoad Arava -- Synthesis of anti-reverse cap analogs (ARCAs) and their applications in mRNA translation and stability / Ewa Grudzien-Nogalska ... [et al.] -- Methods for identifying compounds that specifically target translation / Letizia Brandi ... [et al.] -- Identifying small molecule inhibitors of eukaryotic translation initiation / Regina Cencic, Francis Robert, and Jerry Pelletier -- Isolation and identification of eukaryotic initiation factor 4A as a molecular target for the marine natural product pateamine A / Woon-Kai Low ... [et al.].
- Transplantation of composite tissue allografts 2008, SpringerThe establishment of composite tissue allotransplantation as a clinical reality / Joseph E. Murray -- The evolution of composite tissue allotransplantation: the twentieth century realization of "Cosmas and Damian" / Chad R. Gordon ... [et al.] -- The impact of the discovery of cyclosporine on transplantation of composite tissue allografts / Zsolt T. Csapo, Bence Forgacs, and Barry D. Kahan -- The first limb transplants with cyclosporine / Christopher J. Salgado, Samir Mardini, and Charles W. Hewitt -- Translational research in composite tissue allotransplantation / Linda C. Cendales, David E. Kleiner, and Allan D. Kirk -- Relative antigenicity of allograft components and differential rejection / Jignesh Unadkat ... [et al.] -- On the road to tolerance induction in composite tissue allotransplantation / Mark A. Hardy -- Donor-specific tolerance / Au H. Bui, Gerald Lipshutz, and Jerzy Kupiec-Weglinski -- Immune tolerance induction: basic concepts for composite tissue allotransplantation / Patricio Andrades, Clement Asideu, and Judith M. Thomas -- Allograft survival with calcineurin inhibitors / Neil F. Jones and Esther Voegelin -- Long-term prevention of rejection and combination drug therapy / Thomas H. Tung -- Locoregional immunosuppression in composite tissue allografting / Scott A. Gruber -- New approaches to antibody therapy / Dalibor Vasilic, Moshe Kon, and Cedric G. Francois -- World experience of hand transplantation-independent assessment / W.P. Andrew Lee, Justin M. Sacks, and Elaine K. Horibe -- Hand transplantation: Lyon experience / Palmina Petruzzo ... [et al.] -- Hand transplantation: the Louisville experience / Vijay S. Gorantla and Warren C. Breidenbach III -- Hand transplantation: the Innsbruck experience / Stefan Schneeberger, Marina Ninkovic, and Raimund Margreiter -- Vascularized bone marrow transplantation / Chau Y. Tai ... [et al.] -- Vascularized bone marrow transplantation: pathology of composite tissue transplantation-induced graft-versus-host-disease / Rajen Ramsamooj and Charles W. Hewitt -- Immune cell redistribution after vascularized bone marrow transplantation / Waldemar L. Olszewski and Marek Durlik -- Vascularized knee transplantation / Michael Diefenbeck and Gunther O. Hofmann -- Tracheal transplantation / Gabriel M. Marta and Walter Klepetko -- Laryngeal transplantation / Robert R. Lorenz and Marshall Strome -- Face transplantation / Maria Siemionow and Galip Agaoglu -- The role of allografts in lower extremity reconstruction / Milton B. Armstrong, Ricardo Jimenez-Lee, and Eddie Manning -- Skin allografts in scalp reconstruction / Peter C. Neligan -- Abdominal wall transplantation / Chau Y. Tai and Susan E. Mackinnon -- Live-donor nerve transplantation / Scott A. Gruber and Pedro Mancias -- Ethical and policy concerns of hand/face transplantation / Rhonda Gay Hartman -- Ethical debate on human face transplantation / François Petit -- Psychosocial issues in composite tissue allotransplantation / Barckley Storey ... [et al.] -- Composite tissue transplantation in the twenty-first century / Kirby S. Black and Charles W. Hewitt.
- Trends in stem cell biology and technology 2009, Springer
- Two-component signaling systems. Part A-C pt. A-B, C, 2007, 2010., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2007 ScienceDirectpt. C, 2010 ScienceDirectPt. A. Computational analyses of sequences and sequence alignments ; Biochemical and genetic assays of individual components of signaling systems ; Physiological assays and readouts -- Pt. B. Structural approaches ; Reconstritution of heterogeneous systems ; Intracellular methods and assays ; Genome-wide analyses of two-component systems.
- Unfolded protein response and cellular stress. Part A-C. 1st ed. pt. A-C, 2011., ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirectpt. C ScienceDirect
- Vaccines for pandemic influenza 2009, SpringerPart I. Pandemic Influenza Overview -- Pandemic influenza as a current threat -- Antigenic cross-reactivity among H5N1 Viruses -- -- Part II. Current Approaches for Human and Avian Vaccine Production -- Seasonal influenza vaccines -- Generation and characterization of candidate vaccine viruses for pre-pandemic influenza vaccines -- Live attenuated vaccines for pandemic influenza -- Influenza vaccines for avian species -- Development and application of avian influenza vaccines in China -- -- Part III. Novel Vaccine Approaches -- Designing vaccines for pandemic influenza -- Attenuated influenza virus vaccines with modified NS1 proteins -- DNA Vaccines against Influenza viruses -- Recombinant proteins produced in insect cells -- Influenza neuraminidase as a vaccine antigen -- Recombinant vectors as influenza vaccines -- Influenza virus-like particles as pandemic vaccines -- Pandemic influenza vaccines -- Adjuvants for pandemic influenza vaccines -- -- Part IV. Novel Approaches of Vaccine Delivery -- Transcutaneous immunization with influenza vaccines -- Microneedle-based vaccines -- -- Part V. Vaccine Evaluation, Production and Distribution -- Animal models for evaluation of influenza vaccines -- Immunosenescence and influenza vaccine efficacy -- Vaccines for pandemic influenza: summary of recent clinical trials -- Considerations for licensure of influenza vaccines with pandemic and pre-pandemic indications -- Strategies for broad global access to pandemic influenza -- Prioritization of pandemic influenza vaccine: rationale and strategy for decision-making.
- Viral entry into host cells 2013, SpringerFor a virus to invade a host cell it needs to penetrate the physical barrier imposed by the plasma membrane. Viruses have evolved specialized surface proteins to meet this challenge. These proteins facilitate delivery of the viral genetic information into the host cell by either fusing the viral envelope with a host cell membrane or by forming membrane pores. Membrane fusion and pore formation critically depend on the engagement of host cell receptors and receptor choice is a key determinant of viral tropism. The multi-faceted interplay between viral and cellular factors during virus entry is a fascinating field of study, which can provide important insight into viral pathogenesis and define new targets for intervention. This book provides a comprehensive overview of this exciting field of research.
- Xenopus protocols 2005, Springer Protocols
- Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental biology. Part A. 3rd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectPart I. Cellular Biology -- Chapter 1. Analyzing Retinal Axon Guidance in Zebrafish / Fabienne E. Poulain, John A. Gaynes, Cornelia Stacher Hörndli, Mei-Yee Law, Chi-Bin Chien -- Chapter 2. Imaging Blood Vessels in the Zebrafish / Makoto Kamei, Sumio Isogai, Weijun Pan, Brant M. Weinstein -- Chapter 3. Medaka Haploid Embryonic Stem Cells / Yunhan Hong -- Part II. Developmental and Neural Biology -- Chapter 4. Neurogenesis / Prisca Chapouton, Leanne Godinho -- Chapter 5. Studying Peripheral Sympathetic Nervous System Development and Neuroblastoma in Zebrafish / Rodney A. Stewart, Jeong-Soo Lee, Martina Lachnit, A. Thomas Look, John P. Kanki, Paul D. Henion -- Chapter 6. Analysis of the Retina in the Zebrafish Model / Andrei Avanesov, Jarema Malicki -- Chapter 7. Photoreceptor Structure and Development: Analyses using GFP Transgenes / Brian D. Perkins, James M. Fadool -- Chapter 8. Physiological Recordings from Zebrafish Lateral-Line Hair Cells and Afferent Neurons / Josef G. Trapani, Teresa Nicolson -- Chapter 9. Zebrafish Kidney Development / Iain A. Drummond, Alan J. Davidson -- Chapter 10. Molecular Regulation of Pancreas Development in Zebrafish / Robin A. Kimmel, Dirk Meyer -- Chapter 11. Monitoring Sleep and Arousal in Zebrafish / Jason Rihel, David A. Prober, Alexander F. Schier -- Chapter 12. Use of Flatbed Transparency Scanners in Zebrafish Research: Versatile and Economical Adjuncts to Traditional Imaging Tools for the Danio rerio Laboratory / Charles A. Lessman, Michael R. Taylor, Wilda Orisme, Ethan A. Carver.
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Differentiation of embryonic stem cel...
- Digital microscopy. 4th edition. .......
- — Novel developments in stem cell mobil...
- NPY family of peptides in immune diso...
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle