Books by Subject
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Differentiation of embryonic stem cel...
- Digital microscopy. 4th edition. .......
- — Nitric oxide. Part D, Nitric oxide de...
- Novel developments in stem cell mobil...
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Digital microscopy. 4th edition. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Dioxygen binding and sensing proteins 2008, SpringerIntroduction: A Dedication to Beatrice and Jonathan Wittenberg; The Wittenbergs: A Personal Appreciation; A Crystallographer's Perspective on the 2/2Hb Family; The Phylogeny and Structural Properties of 2/2 Haemoglobins; Reexamining Data from the Past Related to the Evolution of the Functional Properties of the Haemoglobins of the Teleost Fish; Evolutionary Physiology of Oxygen Secretion in the Eye of Fishes of the Suborder Notothenioidei; Mutagenic Studies on the Origins of the Root Effect; Redox Reactions of Cross-linked Haemoglobins with Oxygen and Nitrite.
- Dyneins 2012, ScienceDirectResearch on dyneins has a direct impact on human diseases, such as viruses and cancer. With an accompanying website showing over one hundred streaming videos of cell dynamic behavior for best comprehension of material, Dynein: Structure, Biology and Disease is the only reference covering the structure, biology and application of dynein research to human disease. From bench to bedside, Dynein: Structure, Biology and Disease offers research on fundamental cellular processes to researchers and clinicians across developmental biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biophysics, biomedicine, genetics and medicine. . Broad-based up-to-date resource for the dynein class of molecular motors . Chapters written by world experts in their topics . Numerous well-illustrated figures and tables included to complement the text, imparting comprehensive information on dynein composition, interactions, and other fundamental features.
- Electron microscopy of model systems. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Electron Microscopy of Viruses -- Chapter 2. Bacterial TEM : New Insights from Cryo-Microscopy -- Chapter 3. Analysis of the Ultrastructure of Archaea by Electron Microscopy -- Chapter 4. Chlamydomonas : Cryopreparation Methods for the 3-D Analysis of Cellular Organelles -- Chapter 5. Ultrastructure of the Asexual Blood Stages of Plasmodium falciparum -- Chapter 6. Electron Tomography and Immuno-labeling of Tetrahymena thermophila Basal Bodies -- Chapter 7. Electron Microscopy of Paramecium (Ciliata).
- Embryonic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Isolation and characterization -- v. 2. Differentiation models.
- Embryonic stem cells 2006, ScienceDirectDerivation and maintenance of embryonic stem cells -- Differentiation of embryonic stem cells.
- Encyclopedia of signaling molecules 2012, SpringerVolume 1. 0-9-F -- volume 2. G-O -- volume 3. P-Z.
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress in health and disease 2012, SpringerThe Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER) is an organelle with extraordinary signaling and homeostatic functions. It is the organelle responsible for protein folding, maturation, quality control and trafficking of proteins destined for the plasma membrane or for secretion into the extracellular environment. Failure, overloading or malfunctioning of any of the signaling or quality control mechanisms occurring in the ER may provoke a stress condition known as âER stressâ. Accumulating evidence indicates that ER stress may dramatically perturb interactions between the cell and its environment, and contribute to the development of human diseases, ranging from metabolic diseases and cancer to neurodegenerative diseases, or impact therapeutic outcome. This book primarily focuses on the pathophysiology of ER stress. It introduces the molecular bases of ER stress, the emerging relevance of the ER-mitochondria cross-talk, the signaling pathways engaged and cellular responses to ER stress, including the adaptive Unfolded Protein Response (UPR), autophagy as well as cell death. Next the book addresses the role of ER stress in physiology and in the etiology of relevant pathological conditions, like carcinogenesis and inflammation, neurodegeneration and metabolic disease. The last chapter describes how ER stress pathways can be targeted for therapeutic benefit. Altogether, this book will provide the reader with an exhaustive view of ER stress biology and the latest insights in the role of ER stress in relevant human diseases.
- Epithelial cell culture protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Erythropoiesis: an overview / B.E. Torbett and J.S. Friedman -- Regulation of endogenous erythropoietin production / D.R. Mole and P.J. Ratcliffe -- Biology of erythropoietin / G. Molineux and A.M. Sinclair -- Erythropoiesis - genetic abnormalities / J.T. Prchal and X.T. Gregg -- Studies of erythropoiesis and the discovery and cloning of recombinant human erythropoietin / M.A. Foote -- Commercial production of recombinant erythropoietins / A.S. Chuck ... [et al.] -- Biosimilar epoetins / H. Schellekens -- New molecules and formulations / S.G. Elliott -- Structural basis for the signal transduction of erythropoietin / T.D. Osslund -- Intracellular signaling by the erythropoietin receptor / H.F. Lodish ... [et al.] -- Mechanism of erythropoietin receptor activation / S.N. Constantinescu -- Pharmacokinetics of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents / S. Doshi ... [et al.] -- Use of erythropoietic stimulating agents in the setting of renal disease / D.A. Goodkin -- Abuse of recombinant erythropoietins and blood products by athletes / D.H. Catlin and C.K. Hatton -- Role and regulation of iron metabolism in erythropoiesis and disease / T.L. Arvedson and B.J. Sasu -- Nonhematopoietic effects of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents / W. Jelkmann, R. Depping and E. Metzen.
- Essentials of apoptosis. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Essentials of stem cell biology. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectIntroduction to stem cells -- Basic biology/mechanisms -- Tissue and organ development -- Methods -- Applications -- Regulation and ethics.
- Ethics of research biobanking 2009, SpringerPt. 1. Research biobanking : the traditional approach -- Consent to biobank research : one size fits all? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- What no one knows cannot hurt you : the limits of informed consent in the emerging world of biobanking / Arthur L. Caplan -- Users and uses of the biopolitics of consent : a study of DNA banks / Pascal Ducournau and Anne Cambon-Thomsen -- Information rights on the edge of ignorance / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- The dubious uniqueness of genetic information / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- Duties and rights of biobank participants : principled autonomy, consent, voluntariness and privacy / Lars Øystein Ursin -- Biobanking and disclosure of research results : addressing the tension between professional boundaries and moral intuition / Lynn G. Dressler -- Biobanks and our common good / Erik Christensen -- Trust, distrust and co-production : the relationship between research biobanks and donors / Pascal Ducournau and Roger Strand -- Scientific citizenship, benefit, and protection in population-based research / Vilhj́almur Árnason -- Pt. 2. Research Biobanking : towards a new conceptual approach -- Mapping the language of research biobanking : an analogical approach / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The use of analogical reasoning in umbilical cord blood biobanking / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The Alexandria plan : creating libraries for human tissue research and therapeutic use / Laurie Zoloth -- The art of biocollections / Anne Hambro Alnæs -- The health dugnard : biobank participation as the solidary pursuit of the common good / Lars Øystein Ursin and Berge Solberg -- Embodied gifting : reflections on the role of information in biobank recruitment / Klaus Hoeyer -- Conscription to biobank research? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- Ownership rights in research biobanks : do we need a new king of 'biological property'? / Paula Lobato de Faria -- Legal challenges and strategies in the regulation of research biobanking / Elisabeth Rynning -- Annexation of life : the biopolitics of industrial biology / Jan Reinert Karlsen and Roger Strand -- In the ruins of Babel : should biobank regulations be harmonized / Jan Reinert Karlsen, Jan Helge Solbak, and Roger Strand.
- Evolution of extracellular matrix 2013, SpringerThe evolution of single cells into multicellular organisms was mediated, in large part, by the extracellular matrix. The proteins and glycoconjugates that make up the extracellular matrix provide structural support to cellular complexes, facilitate cell adhesion and migration, and impart mechanical properties that are important for tissue function. Each class of ECM macromolecule has evolved to incorporate distinctive properties that are defined by conserved modules that are mixed together to achieve appropriate function. This volume provides a comprehensive analysis of how the major ECM components evolved over time in order to fill their specific roles found in modern organisms. The major focus is on the structural matrix proteins, matricellular proteins, and more complex ECM structures such as basement membranes. Adhesive proteins and their receptors are also discussed.The series Biology of Extracellular Matrix is published in collaboration with the American Society for Matrix Biology.
- Experimental glycoscience. Glycobiology 2008, Springer
- Extracellular matrix 2011, SpringerAn overview of extracellular matrix structure and function /Jürgen EngelandMatthias Chiquet --Fibronectin and other adhesive glycoproteins /Jielin XuandDeane Mosher --Collagens, suprastructures, and collagen fibril assembly /David E. BirkandPeter Brückner --Basement membranes /Jeffrey H. Miner --Hyaluronan and the aggregating proteoglycans /Thomas N. Wight,Bryan P. Toole,andVincent C. Hascall --Small leucine-rich proteoglycans /Renato V. Iozzo... [et al.] --Microfibrils and fibrillin /Dirk HubmacherandDieter P. Reinhardt --Elastin /Beth A. Kozel,Robert P. Mecham,andJoel Rosenbloom --Lysyl oxidase and lysyl oxidase-like enzymes /Herbert M. KaganandFaina Ryvkin --The fibulins /Marion A. CooleyandW. Scott Argraves --Matricellular proteins /David D. RobertsandLester F. Lau.
- Extracellular matrix degradation 2011, SpringerMatrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in turnover and degradation of extracellular matrix / Sean E. Gill and William C. Parks -- Role of cysteine cathepsins in extracellular proteolysis / Dieter Brömme and Susan Wilson -- Cooperation between proteolysis and endocytosis in collagen turnover / Thomas H. Bugge and Niels Behrendt -- Pericellular proteolysis / Judith S. Bond, Timothy R. Keiffer, and Qi Sun -- Triple helicase activity and the structural basis of collagenolysis / Hideaki Nagase and Robert Visse -- Structural basis of extracellular matrix interactions with matrix metalloproteinases / Steven R. Van Doren -- The role of matrix metalloproteinases in cellular invasion and metastasis / Elena I. Deryugina and James P. Quigley -- Degradation of bone and the role of osteoclasts, bone lining cells and osteocytes / Vincent Everts and Paul Saftig -- Consequences of elastolysis / A. McGarry Houghton, Majd Mouded, and Steven D. Shapiro.
- Extracellular matrix in development 2013, SpringerCells in the developing embryo depend on signals from the extracellular environment to help guide their differentiation. An important mediator in this process is the extracellular matrix - secreted macromolecules that interact to form large protein networks outside the cell. During development, the extracellular matrix serves to separate adjacent cell groups, participates in establishing morphogenic gradients, and, through its ability to interact directly will cell-surface receptors, provides developmental clocks and positional information. This volume discusses how the extracellular matrix influences fundamental developmental processes and how model systems can be used to elucidate ECM function. The topics addressed range from how ECM influences early development as well as repair processes in the adult that recapitulate developmental pathways.The series Biology of Extracellular Matrix is published in collaboration with the American Society for Matrix Biology.
- Flow cytometry protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsFlow cytometry : an introduction / Alice L. Givan -- Multiparameter flow cytometry of bacteria / Howard M. Shapiro and Gerhard Nebe-von-Caron -- Multiparameter data acquisition and analysis of leukocytes / Carleton C. Stewart and Sigrid J. Stewart -- Flow cytometric analysis of kinase signaling cascades / Omar D. Perez, Peter O. Krutzik, and Garry P. Nolan -- Cytokine flow cytometry / Holden T. Maecker -- Use of cell-tracking dyes to determine proliferation precursor frequencies of antigen-specific T cells / Alice L. Givan ... [et al.] -- Assessment of lymphocyte-mediated cytotoxicity using flow cytometry / Luzheng Liu ... [et al.] -- Multiparametric analysis of apoptosis by flow and image cytometry / William G. Telford, Akira Komoriya, and Beverly Z. Packard -- Detection and enrichment of hematopoietic stem cells by side population phenotype / Shannon S. Eaker ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic stem cell characterization by Hoechst 33342 and Rhodamine 123 staining / Ivan Bertoncello and Brenda Williams --Phenotypic and functional analyses of human CD34neg hematopoietic precursors from mobilized peripheral blood / Douglas C. Dooley and Barbara K. Oppenlander -- Multiparameter flow cytometry of fluorescent protein reporters / Teresa S. Hawley ... [et al.] -- Analysis of fluorescent protein expressing cells by flow cytometry / Steven C. Pruitt, Lawrence M. Mielnicki, and Carleton C. Stewart -- Integrative flow cytometric and microarray approaches for use in transcriptional profiling / David W. Galbraith, Rangasamy Elumalai, and Fang Cheng Gong -- Flow cytometric analysis of fluorescence resonance energy transfer : a tool for high-throughput screening of molecular interactions in living cells / Francis Ka-Ming Chan and Kevin L. Holmes -- Design of a fluorescence-activated cell sorting-based mammalian protein-protein interaction trap / Sam Lievens ... [et al.] -- Flow cytometric screening of yeast surface display libraries / Michael Feldhaus and Robert Siegel -- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer based HIV-1 virion fusion assay -- Marielle Cavrois ... [et al.] -- Cell cycle analysis of asynchronous populations / Michael G. Ormerod -- Solid tumor DNA content analysis / Adel K. El-Naggar and Philippe Vielh --Concurrent flow cytometric analysis of DNA and RNA / Adel K. El-Naggar -- Telomere length measurement by fluorescenece in situ hybridization and flow cytometry / Veena Kapoor and William G. Telford -- Small lasers in flow cytometry / William G. Telford -- Viable infectious cell sorting in a BSL-3 facility / Stephen P. Perfetto ... [et al.].
- Folding for the synapse 2011, Springer
- Footmarks of innate immunity in the ovary and cytokeratin-positive cells as potential dendritic cells 2011, Springer
- Functional ultrastructure. 2nd, rev. and enl. ed. 2010, Springer
- Fundamentals of Pap test cytology 2007, SpringerA short dictionary of the Pap test -- Analogies in the Pap test : "Of corn flakes and raisins" -- Basic cytology principles -- Basic anatomy and cytology of the female genital tract -- The Bethesda system -- Liquid-based cytology -- Physiological cytology -- Reactive changes and organisms -- Human papillomavirus in cervical carcinogenesis -- Atypical squamous cells -- Low-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- High-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- Invasive squamous carcinoma -- Endocervical lesions -- Endometrial lesions -- Metastatic tumors -- Therapy-related changes -- Artifacts, contaminants, and incidental findings -- Screening and management guidelines of Pap test and newer techniques.
- Germ cell development in C. elegans 2013, Springer
- Glioma signaling 2013, Springer
- Glycans in diseases and therapeutics 2011, SpringerHeparan sulfate proteoglycan in inflammation and angiogenesis / Lianchun Wang -- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans in infection / Allison H. Bartlett and Pyong Woo Park -- Glycans in cancer / Lubor Borsig -- Glycosaminoglycans in atherosclerosis and thrombosis / C.P. Vicente, J.A.P. Godoy, and C.C. Werneck -- Glycans in embryonic stem cells / Claire Pickford ... [et al.] -- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans in cancer therapy / Ezeddin Salem Gassar, Sherif A. Ibrahim, and Martin Götte -- Structure and biological activities of glycosaminoglycan analogs from marine invertebrates : new therapeutic agents? / Eliene O. Kozlowski ... [et al.]
- GTPase protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Guide to signal pathways in immune cells 2009, Springer
- Handbook of cell signaling. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- "Reflecting the milestones in the field that have occurred since the publication of the first edition, this book provides an updated tool kit that incorporates conventional as well as modern approaches to tackling biological and medicinal research in the post genomic era. The authors have evaluated, revised, and sometimes replaced all protocols with more efficient, reliable, or simpler ones. The book is also completely reorganized and covers topics of modern "omics" approaches, including genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. This is followed coverage of the Manipulation of Biological Systems, including RNAi, and the use of microscopy"--Provided by publisher.
- Handbook of practical immunohistochemistry 2011, SpringerQuality management and regulation / Jeffrey Prichard -- Technique and troubleshooting of antibody testing / Fan Lin and Jianhui Shi -- Overview of automated immunohistochemistry / Jeffrey Prichard, Angela Bitting, and Joe Myers -- Automated staining : Dako perspective / Ole F. Rasmussen and Andreas Schønau -- Automated staining : Ventana perspective / Angela Sattler -- Tissue microarray / Myra Wilkerson and Erin Powell -- Unknown primary/undifferentiated neoplasms in surgical and cytologic specimens / Fan Lin and Haiyan Liu -- Exfoliative cytopathology / Steven Meschter and Jan F. Silverman -- Predictive markers of breast cancer : ER, PR, and HER2 / Jeffrey Prichard, David Hicks, and Elizabeth Hammond -- Central and peripheral nerve system tumors / Hueizhi (Hope) Wu, Conrad Schuerch, and Douglas C. Miller -- Thyroid and parathyroid gland / Haiyan Liu, Fan Lin, and Ronald A. DeLellis -- Adrenal gland / Hanna G. Kaspar -- Salivary gland and other head and neck structures / Conrad Schuerch -- Lung, pleura, and mediastinum / Kai Zhang and Phillip Cagle -- Breast / Haiyan Liu -- Uterus / Hanna G. Kaspar -- Ovary / Jeffrey Prichard, Haiyan Liu, and Myra Wilkerson -- Prostate gland / Haiyan Liu, Fan Lin, and Qihui (Jim) Zhai -- Urinary bladder / Myra Wilkerson -- Kidney / Fan Lin and Ximing J. Yang -- Testis and paratesticular tissues / Myra Wilkerson -- Pancreas and ampulla / Fan Lin and Hanlin L. Wang -- Liver, bile ducts, and gallbladder / Jeffrey Prichard and Fan Lin -- Upper gastrointestinal tract / Jinhong Li and Fan Lin -- Lower gastrointestinal tract and microsatellite instability / Jinhong Li and Fan Lin -- Soft tissue and bone tumors / Shaobo Zhu and Markku Miettinen -- Lymph node / Xiaohong (Mary) Zhang and Nadine S. Aguilera -- Bone marrow / R. Patrick Dorion and Xiaohong (Mary) Zhang -- Infectious diseases / Dirk M. Elston, Lawrence E. Gibson, and Heinz Kutzner -- Skin / Tammie Ferringer -- Application of direct immunofluorescence for the skin and mucosal biopsies : a practical review / William B. Tyler -- In situ hybridization in surgical and cytologic specimens / Hong Yin and Barbara Paynton.
- Hematopoietic stem cell biology 2010, Springer
- Hematopoietic stem cell development 2006, SpringerOrigin and fate of hematopoietic precursors in the early mouse embryo / Julien Yuan Bertrand ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic development in drosophila: a parallel with vertebrates / Marie Meister and Shubha Govind -- Intraembryonic development of hematopoietic stem cells during human ontogeny: expression analysis / Caroline Marshall -- Gene and cell therapy involving hematopoietic stem cell / Isabelle André-Schmutz and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo.Ventral and dorsal contributions to hematopoiesis in xenopus / Aldo Ciau-Uitz, Maggie Walmsley and Roger Patient -- Genetic dissection of hematopoiesis using the zebrafish / Rebecca A. Wingert and Leonard I. Zon -- Extra- and intraembryonic HSC commitment in the avian model / Thierry Jaffredo ... [et al.] -- Avian lymphopoiesis and transcriptional control of hematopoietic stem cell differentiation / Jussi Liippo and Olli Lassila -- Yolk sac development in mice / James Palis -- Long-term reconstituting hematopoietic stem cell capacity in the embryo / Mervin C. Yoder -- The endothelium: the cradle of definitive hematopoiesis? / Katrin Ottersbach and Elaine Dzierzak -- Endothelial and hematopoietic cells in the intraembryonic compartment / Fumio Arai and Toshio Suda --
- Hepatocyte transplantation 2009, Springer ProtocolsHuman hepatocyte transplantation overview / Juliana Puppi and Anil Dhawan -- Isolation of human hepatocytes / Ragai R. Mitry -- An optimised method for cryopreservation of human hepatocytes / Claire Terry and Robin D. Hughes -- Liver cell culture techniques / José V. Castell and María José Gómez-Lechón -- In-vitro assays for induction of drug metabolism / Brian G. Lake ... [et al.] -- Hepatocyte apoptosis / Mustapha Najimi, Françoise Smets, and Etienne Sokal -- Small animal models of hepatocyte transplantation / Jurgen Seppen, Ebtisam El Filali, and Ronald Oude Elferink -- Hepatocyte transplantation techniques : large animal models / Anne Weber, Marie Thérèse Groyer-Picard, and Ibrahim Dagher -- Cell transplant techniques : engraftment detection of cells / Robert A. Fisher and Valeria R. Mas -- Hepatic preconditioning for transplanted cell engraftment and proliferation / Yao-Ming Wu and Sanjeev Gupta -- Ex vivo gene transfer into hepatocytes / Xia Wang ... [et al.] -- Sources of adult hepatic stem cells : haematopoietic / Rosemary Jeffery, Richard Poulsom, and Malcolm R. Alison -- Production of hepatocyte-like cells from human amnion / Toshio Miki ... [et al.] -- Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Niloufar Safinia and Stephen L. Minger -- Isolation, in vitro cultivation, and characterisation of foetal liver cells / Yue Wu, Chetan C. Shatapathy, and Stephen L. Minger -- Human intrahepatic biliary epithelial cell lineages : studies in vitro / Ruth Joplin and Stivelia Kachilele -- Liver cell labelling with MRI contrast agents / Michel Modo, Thomas J. Meade, and Ragai R. Mitry -- Microbiological monitoring of hepatocyte isolation in the GMP laboratory / Sharon C. Lehec.
- Hepatocytes 2010, Springer Protocols1. General review on in vitro hepatocyte models and their applications / Christiane Guguen-Guillouzo and Andre Guillouzo -- 2. Human foetal hepatocytes / Anne Weber ... [et al.] -- 3. Isolation and culture of primary hepatocytes from resected human liver tissue / Edward L. LeCluyse and Eliane Alexandre -- 4. Optimisation of the cryopreservation of primary hepatocytes / Nicola J. Hewitt -- 5. Cryopreservation of human hepatocytes for clinical use / Ragai R. Mitry, Sharon C. Lehec, and Robin D. Hughes -- 6. Hepatocyte differentiation / Katy M. Olsavsky Goyak, Elizabeth M. Laurenzana, and Curtis J. Omiecinski -- 7. Reversible manipulation of apoptosis sensitivity in cultured hepatocytes by matrix-mediated manipulation of signaling activities / Patricio Godoy ... [et al.] -- 8. Markers and signaling factors for stem cell differentiation to hepatocytes / Frédéric Lemaigre -- 9. Hepatic stem cells / Robert E. Schwartz and Catherine Verfaillie -- 10. Hepatic stem cells and liver development / Nalu Navarro-Alvarez, Alejandro Soto-Gutierrez, and Naoya Kobayashi -- 11. Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Neta Lavon -- 12. Isolation and culture of adult human liver progenitor cells / Sabine Gerbal-Chaloin ... [et al.] -- 13. The HepaRG cell line / Marie-Jeanne Marion, Olivier Hantz, and David Durantel -- 14. Transdifferentiation of pancreatic cells to hepatocytes / Chia-Ning Shen and David Tosh -- 15. Evaluation of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions and in vitro hepatotoxicity with cryopreserved human hepatocytes / Albert P. Li -- 16. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate drug metabolism and CYP enzyme induction / Sylvie Klieber ... [et al.] -- 17. The use of hepatocytes to investigate UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and sulfotransferases / Sylvie Fournel-Gigleux ... [et al.] -- 18. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug uptake transporters / Kazuya Maeda and Yuichi Sugiyama -- 19. Metabonomic studies on human hepatocyte in primary culture / Vincent Croizmarie ... [et al.] -- 20. The application of HepRG cells in evaluation of cytochrome P450 induction properties of drug compounds / Tommy B. Andersson -- 21. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug toxicity / María José Gómez-Lechón, José V. Castell, Maria Teresa Donato -- 22. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate bile acid synthesis / Ewa C.S. Ellis and Lisa-Mari Nilsson -- 23. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate blood coagulation factor / Christine Biron-Andréani ... [et al.] -- 24. Use of human hepatocytes to investigate HCV infection / Lydiane Pichard-Garcia ... [et al.] -- 25. The use of hepatocytes to investigate HDV infection / Camille Sureau -- 26. Rodent models of liver repopulation / Helène Gilgenkrantz -- 27. Chimeric mice with humanized liver / Stephen C. Strom, Julio Davila, and Markus Grompe -- 28. Bioartificial liver support systems / Gesine Pless -- 29. Human hepatocyte transplantation / Anil Dhawan ... [et al.].
- High content screening 2006, Springer Protocols
- Histology & cell biology. 5th ed. 2010, AccessMedicinePt 1. Fundamental concepts -- pt 2. The four basic tissue types -- pt 3. Organs and organ systems .
- HIV interactions with dendritic cells 2013, Springer
- HIV interactions with host cell proteins 2009, SpringerPreface -- Host restriction of HIV-1 by APOBEC3 and viral evasion through Vif -- Interactions of viral protein U (Vpu) with cellular factors -- TRIM5alpha -- Human immunodeficiency virus type-1 Gag and host vesicular trafficking pathways -- The roles of tetraspanins in HIV-1 replication -- Imaging of HIV/host protein interactions -- Virological and cellular roles of the transcriptional coactivator LEDGF/p75 -- Implications of Nef: host cell interactions in viral persistence and progression to AIDS -- Vpr and its interactions with cellular proteins.
- Human adult stem cells 2009, Springer1. Neural progenitors / Dustin R. Wakeman ... [et al.] -- 2. Multipotent stromal cells (hMSCs) / Margaret Wolfe ... [et al.] -- 3. Endothelium / Sangmo Kwon, Takayuki Asahara -- 4. Lung / Rabindra Tirouvanziam, Megha Makam, Bruno Péault -- 5. Eye / Maria Notara ... [et al.] -- 6. Colon / F. Iovino ... [et al.] -- 7. Spermatogonia / Makoto C. Nagano, Jonathan R. Yeh, Khaled Zohni -- 8. Hair follicle pluripotent stem (hfPS) cells / Robert M. Hoffman -- 9. Pancreas / Fang-Xu Jiang, Grant Morahan -- 10. Prostate / C. Foley ... [et al.].
- Human cell culture protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsEstablishment and maintenance of normal human keratinocyte cultures / Claire Linge -- Cultivation of normal human epidermal melanocytes in the absence of phorbol esters / Mei-Yu Hsu, Ling Li, and Meenhard Herlyn -- Isolation and culture of human osteoblasts / Alison Gartland ... [et al.] -- Human osteoclast culture from peripheral blood monocytes : phenotypic characterization and quantitation of resorption / Katherine A. Buckley ... [et al.] -- Human chondrocyte cultures as models of cartilage-specific gene regulation / Mary B. Goldring -- Human myoblasts and muscle-derived SP cells / Grace K. Pavlath and Emanuela Gussoni -- Cell cultures of autopsy-derived fibroblasts / Volker Meske, Frank Albert, and Thomas G. Ohm -- Primary culture and differentiation of human adipocyte precursor cells / Vanessa van Harmelen, Thomas Skurk, and Hans Hauner -- Human mononuclear phagocytes in tissue culture / Yona Keisari -- Purification of peripheral blood natural killer cells / Bice Perussia and Matthew J. Loza -- Human fetal brain cell culture / Mark P. Mattson -- Culturing human schwann cells / Victor J. Turnbull --Well-differentiated human airway epithelial cell cultures / M. Leslie Fulcher ... [et al.] -- Isolation and culture of human alveolar epithelial cells / Carsten Ehrhardt, Kwang-Jin Kim, and Claus-Michael Lehr -- A new approach to primary culture of human gastric epithelium / Pierre Chailler and Daniel Ménard -- Isolation and culture of human colon epithelial cells using a modified explant technique employing a noninjurious approach / Hamid A. Mohammadpour -- Isolation and culture of human hepatocytes / Martin Bayliss and Graham Somers -- Glomerular epithelial and mesangial cell culture and characterization / Heather M. Wilson and Keith N. Stewart -- Isolation and culture of human renal cortical cells with characteristics of proximal tubules / Gabrielle M. Hawksworth -- Culture of parathyroid cells / Per Hellman -- Long-term culture and maintenance of human islets of langerhans in Memphis serum-free media / Daniel W. Fraga, A. Osama Gaber, and Malak Kotb -- Primary culture of human antral endocrine and epithelial cells / Susan B. Curtis and Alison M. J. Buchan -- Conjunctiva organ and cell culture / Monica Berry and Marcus Radburn-Smith -- Establishment and maintenance of in vitro cultures of human retinal pigment epithelium / Martin J. Stevens.
- Human cell transformation 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Multistep models -- pt. 2. Prostate cancer/stem cells -- pt. 3. Breast cancer/stem cells -- pt. 4. Multistep/genes.
- Human embryonic stem cell protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsHuman embryonic stem cells: isolation, maintenance and differentiation / Kursad Turksen and Tammy-Claire Troy -- Blastocyst culture for deriving human embryonic stem cells / Ariff Bongso -- Propagation of human embryonic stem cells on human feeder cells / Mark Richards and Ariff Bongso -- Derivation and maintenance of human embryonic stem cells / Michal Amit and Joseph Itskovitz-Eldor -- Isolation and characterization of human embryonic stem cells / Maisam Mitalipova and Gail Palmarini -- Routine culture and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Jim McWhir, Davina Wojtacha, and Alison Thomson -- Culture of human embryonic stem cells on human and mouse feeder cells / Gautam Dravid, Holly Hammond, and Linzhao Cheng -- Maintenance of human embryonic stem cells in animal serum- and feeder layer- free culture conditions / Michal Amit and Joseph Itskovitz-Eldor -- Manipulation of self-renewal in human embryonic stem cells through a novel pharmacological GSK-3 inhibitor / Noboru Sato and Ali H. Brivanlou -- Derivation of human feeders for prolonged support of human embryonic stem cells / Chui-Yee Fong and Ariff Bongso -- Transplantation of human embryonic stem cells to the chick embryo / Ronald S. Goldstein -- Derivation and characterization of neuronal precursors and dopaminergic neurons from human embryonic stem cells in vitro / Melissa Carpenter ... [et al.] -- In vitro differentiation of neural precursors from human embryonic stem cells / Xue-Jun Li and Su-Chun Zhang -- Derivation and characterization of hematopoietic cells from human embryonic stem cells / Lisheng Wang ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of hematopoietic progenitors derived from human embryonic stem cells / Pablo Menendez ... [et al.] -- Genetic manipulation of human embryonic stem cells by transfection / Rachel Eiges -- Designing, testing, and validating a microarray for stem cell characterization / Yongquan Luo ... [et al.] -- Microarray approach to identify the signaling network responsible for self-renewal of human embryonic stem cells / Noboru Sato and Ali H. Brivanlou -- Massively parallel signature sequencing / Daixing Zhou ... [et al.] -- Confrontation cultures of embryonic stem cells with multicellular tumor spheroids to study tumor-induced angiogenesis / Maria Wartenberg ... [et al.] -- A novel experimental platform for investigating cancer growth and anti-cancer therapy in a human tissue microenvironment derived from human embryonic stem cells / Maty Tzukerman and Karl L. Skorecki -- The analysis of mitochondria and mitochondrial DNA in human embryonic stem cells / Justin C. St. John ... [et al.].
- Hyaluronan in cancer biology. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectAssociation between cancer and "acid mucopolysaccharides" : an old concept comes of age, finally -- Hyaluronan-CD44 interactions and chemoresistance in cancer cells -- Growth factor regulation of hyaluronan deposition in malignancies -- Hyaluronan binding protein 1 (HABP1/p32/gClqR) : a new perspective in tumor development -- CD44 meets Merlin and Ezrin : their interplay mediates the pro-tumor activity of CD44 and tumor-suppressing effect of Merlin -- Hyaluronan-mediated CD44 interaction with receptor and non-receptor kinases promotes oncogenic signaling, cytoskeleton activation, and tumor progression -- Adhesion and penetration : two sides of CD44 signal transduction cascades in the context of cancer cell metastasis -- Involvement of CD44, a molecule with a thousand faces, in cancer dissemination -- RHAMM/HMMR : an itinerant and multifunctional hyaluronan binding protein that modifies CD44 signaling and mitotic spindle formation -- Altered hyaluronan biosynthesis in cancer progression --Hyaluronidase : both a tumor promoter and suppressor -- The hyaluronidases in cancer biology -- Hyaluronan fragments : informational polymers commandeered by cancers -- Hyaluronan in human tumors : importance of stromal and cancer cell-associated hyaluronan -- The oncofetal paradigm revisited : MSF and HA as contextual drivers of cancer progression -- Hyaluronan synthesis and turnover in prostate cancer -- Role of hyaluronan in melanoma progression -- Role of hyaluronan metabolism in the initiation, invasion, and metastasis of breast cancer -- Clinical use of hyaluronidase in combination cancer chemotherapy : a historic perspective -- Exploring the hyaluronan:CD44 interaction for cancer therapy -- Hyaluronidase-2 and its role as a cell-entry receptor for sheep retroviruses that cause contagious respiratory tract cancers.
- Hydrogen peroxide and cell signaling. Part A-C. 1st ed. pt. A-C=, 2013, ScienceDirectPt. B ScienceDirectPt. C ScienceDirect
- IL-17, IL-22 and their producing cells. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerThe knowledge of Th17 cells and other cell populations which secrete IL-17A, and/or IL-22 has expanded tremendously since the publication of the first edition "Th17 Cells: Role in Inflammation and Autoimmune Disease" in 2008. The present volume has been completely revised with the addition of new chapters on the IL-17 receptor family and signaling, and an in-depth review of IL-22 and innate lymphoid cells. The differentiation of naïve T cells into regulatory T cells and Th17 cells as well as the plasticity of Th17 cells is discussed.
- Induced pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Induced pluripotent stem cells in brain diseases 2012, Springer
- Intermediate filament cytoskeleton 2004, ScienceDirect
- Intracellular delivery : 2011, Springer
- Kinetochore 2009, SpringerCentromeres and kinetochores : an historical perspective /Kerry S. Bloom --The basics of chromosome segregation /Mitsuhiro Yanagida --The centromere /Beth A. Sullivan --Neocentromeres /Owen J. Marshall and K.H. Andy Choo --Human artificial centromeres : de novo assembly of functional centromeres on human artificial chromosomes /Hiroshi Masumoto, Teruaki Okada, and Yasuhide Okamoto --Kinetochore composition, formation, and organization /Tatsuo Fukagawa and Peter De Wulf --Evolution of centromeres and kinetochores : a two-part fugue /Paul B. Talbert, Joshua J. Bayes, and Steven Henikoff --Mitotic spindle assembly mechanisms /Rebecca Heald and Claire E. Walczak --Kinetochore-microtubule interactions /Lesley Clayton and Tomoyuki U. Tanaka --Post-translational modifications that regulate kinetochore activity /Chitra V. Kotwaliwale and Sue Biggins --The role of the kinetochore in spindle checkpoint signaling /P. Todd Stukenberg and Daniel J. Burke --Kinetochore regulation of anaphase and cytokinesis /Scott Thomas and Kenneth B. Kaplan --Roles of centromeres and kinetochores in meiosis /Adele L. Marston --The kinetochore-cancer connection /Takeshi Tomonaga --The kinetochore as target for cancer drug development /Song-tao Liu and Tim J. Yen.
- Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive biology 2013, Springer
- Laboratory methods in cell biology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Laboratory methods in cell biology. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Lactoferrin and its role in wound healing 2012, Springer
- Light microscopy 2011, Springer ProtocolsGlycol methacrylate embedding for improved morphological, morphometrical, and immunohistochemical investigations under light microscopy : testes as a model /Hélio Chiarini-Garcia, Gleydes Gambogi Parreira, and Fernanda R.C.L. Almeida --Histological processing of teeth and periodontal tissues for light microscopy analysis /Gerluza Aparecida Borges Silva, Adriana Moreira, and José Bento Alves --Large plant samples: how to process for GMA embedding /Élder Antônio Sousa Paiva, Sheila Zambello de Pinho, and Denise Maria Trombert Oliveira --Image cytometry : nuclear and chromosomal DNA quantification /Carlos Roberto Carvalho, Wellington Ronildo Clarindo, and Isabella Santiago Abreu --Histological approaches to study tissue parasitism during the experimental Trypanosoma cruzi infection /Daniela L. Fabrino, Grazielle A. Ribeiro, Livia Teixeira, and Rossana C.N. Melo --Intravital microscopy to study leukocyte recruitment in vivo /Vanessa Pinho ... [et al.] --Introduction to fluorescence microscopy /Ionita C. Ghiran --Using the fluorescent styryl dye FM1-43 to visualize synaptic vesicles exocytosis and endocytosis in motor nerve terminals /Ernani Amaral, Silvia Guatimosim, and Cristina Guatimosim --Imaging lipid bodies within leukocytes with different light microscopy techniques /Rossana C.N. Melo ... [et al.] --Eicosa cell : an immunofluorescent-based assay to localize newly synthesized eicosanoid lipid mediators at intracellular sites /Christianne Bandeira-Melo, Peter F. Weller, and Patricia T. Bozza --Nestin-driven green fluorescent protein as an imaging marker for nascent blood vessels in mouse models of cancer /Robert M. Hoffman --Imaging calcium sparks in cardiac myocytes /Silvia Guatimosim, Cristina Guatimosim, and Long-Sheng Song --Light microscopy in aquatic ecology: methods for plankton communities studies /Maria Carolina S. Soares ... [et al.] --Fluorescence immunohistochemistry in combination with differential interference contrast microscopy for studies of semi-ultrathin specimens of epoxy resin-embedded samples /Shin-ichi Iwasaki and Hidekazu Aoyagi.
- Lipid droplets 2013, ScienceDirectThis new volume of Methods in Cell Biology looks at lipid droplets LDs, covering sections on analyses of LDs in model systems, cell/tissue-specific analyses of LDs and imaging and in vitro analyses of LD biogenesis and growth. Chapters are written by experts in the field. With cutting-edge material, this comprehensive collection is intended to guide researchers of LDs for years to come. Covers sections on analyses of lipid droplets (LDs) in model systems, cell/tissue-specific analyses of LDs and imaging, and in vitro analyses of LD biogenesis and growth Chapters are written by experts in t
- Lipid-mediated protein signaling 2013, SpringerSphingomyelin and its role in cellular signaling / Mahua Chakraborty and Xian-Cheng Jiang -- The driving force of alpha-synuclein insertion and amyloid channel formation in the plasma membrane of neural cells: key role of ganglioside- and cholesterol-binding domains / Jacques Fantini and Nouara Yahi -- The enigmatic role of sulfatides: new insights into cellular functions and mechanisms of protein recognition / Shuyan Xiao, Carla V. Finkielstein, and Daniel G. S. Capelluto -- Phosphoinositides and PDZ domain scaffolds / Anna Maria Wawrzyniak, Rudra Kashyap and Pascale Zimmermann -- PtdIns(4)P signalling and recognition systems / Marc Lenoir and Michael Overduin -- PtdIns(4,5)P2-mediated cell signaling: emerging principles and PTEN as a paradigm for regulatory mechanism / Arne Gericke, Nicholas R. Leslie, Mathias Lösche, and Alonzo H. Ross -- Role of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate in cell signaling / Robert D Riehle, Sinziana Cornea and Alexei Degterev -- The role of phosphoinositides and inositol phosphates in plant cell signaling / Glenda E. Gillaspy -- Phosphatidic acid-mediated signaling / Yu Liu, Yuan Su, and Xuemin Wang -- Phosphatidylserine-mediated cellular signaling / Jason G. Kay and Sergio Grinstein -- Cardiolipin-mediated cellular signaling / Vinay A. Patil and Miriam L. Greenberg.
- Lipids. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectSupported native plasma membranes as platforms for the reconstitution and visualization of endocytic membrane budding / Min Wu, Pietro de Camilli -- Studying lipids involved in the endosomal pathway / Christin Bissig, Shem Johnson, Jean Gruenberg -- Studying in vitro membrane curvature recognition by proteins and its role in vesicular trafficking / Jean-Baptiste Manneville, Cécile Leduc, Benoit Sorre, Guillaume Drin -- Reconstituting multivesicular body biogenesis with purified components / Thomas Wollert -- Approaches to the study of Atg8-mediated membrane dynamics in vitro / Anjai Jotwani, Diana N. Richerson, Isabelle Motta, Omar Julca-Zevallos, Thomas J. Melia -- Reconstitution assay system for ceramide transport with semi-intact cells / Keigo Kumagai, Masahiro Nishijima, Kentaro Hanada -- Visualizing mitochondrial lipids and fusion events in mammalian cells / Huiyan Huang, Michael A. Frohman -- Targeted and non-targeted analysis of membrane lipids using mass spectrometry / Xue Li Guan, Markus R. Wenk -- Modulation of host phosphoinositide metabolism during salmonella invasion by the type III secreted effector SopB / Bernhard Roppenser, Sergio Grinstein, John H. Brumell -- Acute manipulation of phosphoinositide levels in cells / Belle Chang-Ileto, Samual G. Frere, Gilbert Di Paolo -- Regulation of phosphoinositide-metabolizing enzymes by clathrin coat proteins / Marnix Wieffer, Volker Haucke, Michael Krauß -- Phosphoinositides at the neuromuscular junction of drosophila melanogaster : a genetic approach / Jan R. Slabbaert, Thang Manh Khuong, Patrik Verstreken -- Devising powerful genetics, biochemical and structural tools in the functional analysis of phosphatidylinositol transfer proteins (PITPs) across diverse species / James M. Davison, Vytas A. Bankaitis, Ratna Ghosh -- Genome-wide screens for gene products regulating lipid droplet dynamics / Weihua Fei, Hongyuan Yang -- The three dimensionality of cell membranes : lamellar to cubic membrane transition as investigated by electron microsocopy / Ketpin Chong, Yuru Deng -- Quantitative imaging of lipid metabolism in yeast : from 4D analysis to high content screens of mutant libraries / Heimo Wolinski, Kristian Bredies, Sepp D. Kohlwein -- Analysis of cholesterol trafficking with fluorescent probes / Frederick R. Maxfield, Daniel Wüstner -- Fluorescence correlation methods for imaging cellular behavior of sphingolipid-interacting probes / Rachel Kraut, Nirmalya Bag, Thorsten Wohland -- Monitoring phospholipid dynamics during phagocytosis : application of genetically-encoded fluorescent probes / Helen Sarantis, Sergio Grinstein -- Genetically encoded probes for phosopatidic acid / Nawal Kassas, Petra Tryoen-Tóth, Matthias Corrotte, Tamou Thahouly, Marie-France Bader, Nancy J. Grant, Nicolas Vitale.
- Lymphocyte signal transduction 2006, SpringerProtein kinase C-theta (PKC[theta]): new perspectives on its functions in T-cell biology / Rina Barouch-Bentov and Amnon Altman -- Travel informations on the tec kinases during lymphocyte activation / Fabien Garçon and Jacques A. Nunès -- Inducible T-cell tyrosine kinase (ITK): structural requirements and actin polymerization / Constantine D. Tsoukas ... [et al.] -- Differential requirements of PI3K subunits for BCR or BCR/CD19-induced ERK activation / Elena Vigorito and Martin Turner -- Protein tyrosine phosphatases in human disease / Tomas Mustelin -- The T-cell-specific adapter protein functions as a regulator of peripheral but not central immunological tolerance / Philip E. Lapinski ... [et al.] -- Proximal signals controlling B-cell antigen receptor (BCR) mediated NF-[kappa]B activation / Miguel E. Moreno-García ... [et al.] -- The adapter 3BP2: how it plugs into leukocyte signaling / Marcel Deckert and Robert Rottapel -- CTLA-4 regulation of T-cell function via RAP-1-mediated adhesion / Helga Schneider ... [et al.] -- Protein crosstalk in lipid rafts / Raquel J. Nunes, Mónica A.A. Castro, and Alexandre M. Carmo -- Role of lipid rafts in activation-induced cell death: the fas pathway in aging / Anis Larbi ... [et al.] -- T-cell response in aging: influence of cellular cholesterol modulation / Tamàs Fülöp ... [et al.] -- Lymphocyte signaling and the translatability of mRNA / Suzanne Miyamoto -- Protein arginine methylation: a new frontier in T-cell signal transduction / Brandon T. Schurter, Fabien Blanchet, and Oreste Acuto -- Immune regulation by ubiquitin conjugation / K. Venuprasad ... [et al.] -- CTIB (C-terminus protein of I[kappa]B-[beta]): a novel factor required for acidic adaptation /Toshiko Fukamachi ... [et al.] -- HIV may deplete most CD4 lymphocytes by a mechanism involving signaling through its receptors on non-permissive resting lymphocytes / Miles W. Cloyd ... [et al.] -- Integrating traditional and postgenomic approaches to investigate lymphocyte development and function / Yina Hsing Huang ... [et al.] -- Phosphoproteomic analysis of lymphocyte signaling / Lulu Cao, Kebing Yu, and Arthur R. Salomon.
- Machinery of life. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerIntroduction -- Molecular machines -- The processes of living -- Molecules in cells: Escherichia coli -- A human cell: The advantages of compartments -- The human body: The advantages of specialization -- Life and death -- Viruses -- You and your molecules.
- Macrophages and dendritic cells 2009, Springer ProtocolsGeneration of retroviral macrophage cDNA expression libraries and functional screening for surface receptors / Georgia Schäfer and Gordon D. Brown -- Generation of murine growth factor-dependent long-term dendritic cell lines to investigate host-parasite interactions / Alessandra Mortellaro ... [et al.] -- Macrophage activation : classical vs. alternative / Andrea Classen, Jorge Lloberas, and Antonio Celada -- Analysis of macrophage phagocytosis : quantitative assays of phagosome formation and maturation using high-throughput florescence microscopy / Benjamin E. Steinberg and Sergio Grinstein -- Detection of activated Rab7 GTPase with an immobilized RILP probe / Jim Sun ... [et al.] -- Probing in vivo origins of mononuclear phagocytes by conditional ablation and reconstitution / Chen Varol, Limor Landsman, and Steffen Jung -- Multivalent protein probes for the identification and characterization of cognate cellular ligands for myeloid cell surface receptors / Hsi-Hsien Lin ... [et al.] -- Exploiting Fc chimaeric proteins for the identification of ligands specific for the mannose receptor / Luisa Martinez-Pomares -- The expression of exogenous genes in macrophages : obstacles and opportunities / Xia Zhang, Justin P. Edwards, and David M. Mosser -- Genetic modification of murine dendritic cells by RNA transfection / Maurizio Ceppi, Enrico Schmidt, and Philippe Pierre -- Recording phagosome maturation through the real-time, spectrofluorometric measurement of hydrolytic activities / Robin M. Yates, Albin Hermetter, and David G. Russell -- Derivation and characterization of murine alternatively activated (M2) macrophages / Victor W.H. Ho and Laura M. Sly -- Isolation and culture of human hematopoietic progenitors for studies of dendritic cell biology / Mattias Svensson -- Generation, culture, and flow-cytometric characterization of primary mouse macrophages / Ulrike Schleicher and Christian Bogdan -- Analyzing classical and alternative macrophage activation in macrophage/neutrophil-specific IL-4 receptor-alpha-deficient mice / Frank Brombacher ... [et al.] -- Analysis of matrix metalloproteinase secretion by macrophages / Paul T. Elkington, Justin A. Green, and Jon S. Friedland -- Identification of pathogen receptors on dendritic cells to understand their function and to identify new drug targets / Lot de Witte ... [et al.] -- Stable lentiviral vector-mediated gene silencing in human monocytic cell lines / Jimmy S. Lee and Neil E. Reiner -- Use of fluorescent probes to detect lipid signaling intermediates in macrophages / Vivan Kwok, Eric Vachon, and Gregory P. Downey -- Large-scale phagosome preparation / Adrien F. Vinet and Albert Descoteaux -- Coordinate regulation of sphingosine kinase and actin dynamics / Shankar S. Iyer and David J. Kusner.
- Male germline stem cells 2011, Springer
- Mast cell biology 2011, SpringerMast cell biology : introduction and overview / Alasdair M. Gilfillan, Sarah J. Austin, and Dean D. Metcalfe -- Mast cell progenitor trafficking and maturation / Jenny Hallgren and Michael F. Gurish -- Monomeric IgE and mast cell development, survival, and function / Jun-ichi Kashiwakura, Iris M. Otani, and Toshiaki Kawakami -- Mast cell apoptosis and survival / Maria Ekoff and Gunnar Nilsson -- Regulators of Ca2+ signaling in mast cells: Potential targets for treatment of mast cell-related diseases / Hong-Tao Ma and Michael A. Beaven -- Spatio-temporal signaling in mast cells / Bridget S. Wilson, Janet M. Oliver, and Diane S. Lidke -- The mechanisms of exocytosis in mast cells / Ulrich Blank -- An emerging role for the lipid mediator sphingosine-1-phosphate in mast cell effector function and allergic disease / Ana Olivera and Juan Rivera -- Down-regulation of mast cell responses through itim containing inhibitory receptors / Laila Karra and Francesca Levi-Schaffer -- The mast cell in innate and adaptive immunity / Christopher P. Shelburne and Soman N. Abraham -- Mast cells and immunoregulation/immunomodulation / Mindy Tsai, Michele Grimbaldeston, and Stephen J. Galli -- Mast cell proteases as protective and inflammatory mediators / George H. Caughey -- Mast cells in lung inflammation / Elena P. Moiseeva and Peter Bradding -- Mast cells, angiogenesis, and cancer / Domenico Ribatti and Enrico Crivellato.
- Mast cells 2005, Springer ProtocolsPaul Ehrlich's "Mastzellen"--from aniline dyes to DNA chip arrays : a historical review of developments in mast cell research / Harsha Vyas and Guha Krishnaswamy -- The human mast cell : an overview / Guha Krishnaswamy, Omar Ajitawi, and David S. Chi -- Mast cells in allergy and autoimmunity : implications for adaptive immunity / Gregory D. Gregory and Melissa A. Brown -- Analysis of MCT and MCTC mast cells in tissue / Lawrence B. Schwartz -- Mast cell ultrastructure and staining in tissue / Shruti A. Shukla ... [et al.] -- Expression of cell surface antigens on mast cells : mast cell phenotyping / Alexander W. Hauswirth ... [et al.] -- Identification of mast cells in the cellular response to myocardial infarction / Nikolaos G. Frangogiannis and Mark L. Entman --Growth of human mast cells from bone marrow and peripheral blood-derived CD34+ pluripotent progenitor cells / Arnold S. Kirshenbaum and Dean D. Metcalfe -- Culture of human mast cells from hemopoietic progenitors / Hirohisa Saito -- Isolation, culture, and characterization of intestinal mast cells / Gernot Sellge and Stephan C. Bischoff -- Activation of nuclear factor kappa B / Chuanfu Li, Jim Kelley, and Tuanzhu Ha -- Analysis of mitogen-activated protein kinase activation / Stephen C. Armstrong -- Microarray and gene clustering analysis / Tsung-Hsien Tsai, Denise M. Milhorn, and Shau-Ku Huang -- Techniques to study Fc [epsilon] RI signaling / Yuko Kawakami, Jiro Kitaura, and Toshiaki Kawakami -- Human mast cell proteases : activity assays using thiobenzyl ester substrates / David A. Johnson --Mast cell histamine and cytokine assays / David S. Chi, S. Matthew Fitzgerald, and Guha Krishnaswamy -- Measurement of mast cell cytokine release by multiplex assay / Kevin F. Breuel and W. Keith De Ponti -- Assays for histamine-releasing factors : from identification and cloning to discovery of binding partners / Jacqueline M. Langdon and Susan M. McDonald -- Assays for nitric oxide expression / William L. Stone, Hongsong Yang, and Min Qui -- Immunohistological detection of growth factors and cytokines in tissue mast cells / Zhenhong Qu -- Endothelial cell activation by mast cell mediators / Kottarappat N. Dileepan and Daniel J. Stechschulte -- Co-culture of mast cells with fibroblasts : a tool to study their crosstalk / Ido Bachelet, Ariel Munitz, and Francesca Levi-Schaffer --Detection of E class switching and IgE synthesis in human B cells / Jérôme Péne ... [et al.] -- Gene silencing using small interference RNA in mast cells / Deling Yin and Charles A. Stuart -- Mast cell activation by lipoproteins / Jim Kelley ... [et al.] -- Mast cell activation by stress / Ann L. Baldwin -- In vivo models for studying mast cell-dependent responses to bacterial infection / Christopher P. Shelburne, James B. McLachlan, and Soman N. Abraham -- Bacterial activation of mast cells / David S. Chi ... [et al.] -- Activation of mast cells by streptolysin O and lipopolysaccharide / Michael Stassen ... [et al.] -- Mast cell apoptosis / Alexander Gerbaulet, Karin Hartmann, and Yoseph A. Mekori.
- Mast cells and tumours 2011, Springer
- Mathematical models and immune cell biology 2011, Springer
- Mechanosensitivity in cells and tissues 2005, NCBI BookshelfMechanosensitivity of cells from various tissues -- Mechanotransduction in the Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans -- Mechanically mediated crosstalk in heart -- Swelling-and stretch-activated chloride channels in the heart: regulation and function -- Role of stretch-activated channels in the heart: action potential and Ca2+ transients -- Isolated cardiomyocytes: mechanosensitivity of action potential, membrane current and ion concentration -- Mechano-electric feedback in the heart: evidence from intracellular microelectrode recordings on multicellular preparations and single cells from healthy and diseased tissue -- The Role of mechanosensitive fibroblasts in the heart -- Mechanical modulation of intracellular ion concentrations: mechanisms and electrical consequences -- Stretch-induced slow force response in mammalian ventricular myocardium -- The Na+/H+ exchanger as the main protagonist following myocardial stretch: the Anrep effect and myocardial hypertrophy -- Mechano-electric feedback and atrial arrhythmias -- The Role of mechano-electrical feedback in the cholinergic atrial fibrillation initiation --; Mechanosensitive cation channels of leech neurons -- Mechanosensitivity of primary afferent nociceptors in the pain pathway -- Stimulus-secretion coupling in the osmoreceptive prolactin cell of the tilapia -- Stretch-inactivated channels in skeletal muscle -- Stretch-activated cation channels and the myogenic response of small arteries -- Mechanobiology of bone tissue and bone cells -- Functional roles of mechanosensitive ion channels, ss1 integrins and kinase cascades in chondrocyte mechanotransduction -- Enigmatic roles of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) in articular chondrocytes and osteoblasts: mechanotransduction, sodium transport or extracellular sodium sensing?
- Membrane trafficking 2008, Springer ProtocolsPt. I. Yeast Cells -- Ch. 1. Freight management in the cell / Johannes M. Herrmann, Anne Spang -- Ch. 2. High-throughput protein extraction and immunoblotting analysis in saccharomyces cerevisiae / Todd C. Lorenz, Vikram C. Anand, Gregory S. Payne -- Ch. 3. Genome-wide analysis of membrane transport using yeast knockout arrays / Helen E. Burston, Michael Davey, Elizabeth Conibear -- Ch. 4. A cell-free system for reconstitution of transport between prevacuolar compartments and vacuoles in saccharomyces cerevisiae / Thomas A. Vida -- Ch. 5. In vitro analysis of the mitochondrial preprotein import machinery using recombinant precursor polypeptides / Dorothea Becker, Martin Krayl, Wolfgang Voos -- Ch. 6. In vitro import of proteins into isolated mitochondria / Karl Bihlmaier, Melanie Bien, Johannes M. Herrmann -- Ch. 7. Synthesis and sorting of mitochondrial translation products / Heike Bauerschmitt, Soledad Funes, Johannes M. Herrmann -- Ch. 8. In vivo labeling and analysis of mitochondrial translation products in budding and in fission yeasts / Karine Gouget, Fulvia Verde, Antoni Barrientos --Ch. 9. Exploring protein-protein interactions involving newly synthesized mitochondrial DNA encoded proteins / Darryl Horn, Flavia Fontanesi, Antoni Barrientos -- Ch. 10. Purification of yeast membranes and organelles by sucrose density gradient centrifugation / Jennifer Chang, Victoria Ruiz, Ales Vancura -- Ch. 11. Microscopic analysis of lipid droplet metabolism and dynamics in yeast / Heimo Wolinski, Sepp D. Kohlwein -- Ch. 12. Use of bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) in yeast saccharomyces cerevisiae / Kari-Pekka Skarp, ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. Mammalian cells -- Ch. 13. Using quantitative fluorescence microscopy to probe organelle assembly and membrane trafficking / Brian Storrie, Tregei Starr, Kimberly Forsten-Williams -- Ch. 14. Measuring secretory membrane traffic / Vytaute Starkuviene, ... [et al.] -- Ch. 15. A correlative light and electron microscopy method based on laser micropatterning and etching / Julien Colombelli, ... [et al.] -- Ch. 16. Approaches to investigate the role of signaling in ER-to-Golgi transport / Laura J. Sharpe, Ximing Du, Andrew J. Brown -- Ch. 17. Recruitment of coat proteins to peptidoliposomes / Gregor Suri, Martin Spiess, Pascal Crottet --Ch. 18. SNAREs mediated fusion of liposomes / Jérôme Vicogne, Jeffrey E. Pessin -- Ch. 19. Use of polarized PC12 cells to monitor protein localization in the early biosynthetic pathway / Ragna Sannerud, ... [et al.] -- Ch. 20. Tracking the transport of E-cadherin to and from the plasma membrane / Matthew P. Wagoner, Kun Ling, Richard A. Anderson -- Ch. 21. Analysis of nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of NFkB proteins in human leukocytes / Chandra C. Ghosh ... [et al.] -- Ch. 22. Imaging pHluorin-based probes at hippocampal synapses / Stephen J. Royle, ... [et al.] -- Ch. 23. Analysis of receptor tyrosine kinase internalization using flow cytometry / Ning Li, Kristen S. Hill, Lisa A. Elferink -- Ch. 24. Measurement of receptor endocytosis and recycling / Jane M. Knisely, Jiyeon Lee, Guojun Bu -- Ch. 25. Styryl dye-based synaptic vesicle recycling assay in cultured cerebellar granule neurons / Victor Anggono, Michael A. Cousin, Phillip J. Robinson -- Ch. 26. Use of quantitative immunofluorescence microscopy to study intracellular trafficking / Vincent Blot, Timothy E. McGraw -- Ch. 27. Dissecting GLUT4 traffic components in L6 myocytes by fluorescence-based, single cell assays / Costin N. Antonescu, Varinder K Randhawa, Amira Klip -- Ch. 28. Functional genetic analysis of the mammalian mitochondrial DNA encoded peptides / Maria Pilar Bayona-Bafaluy, ... [et al.].
- Methods in cell-matrix adhesion 2002, ScienceDirect
- Methods in nano cell biology 2008, ScienceDirect
- MicroRNA expression detection methods 2010, Springer
- MicroRNA interference technologies 2009., Springer
- Microtubules, in vitro. 2nd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectSite-specific fluorescent labeling of tubulin / Kamalika Muhkerjee, Susan L. Bane -- Measuring microtubule persistence length using a microtubule gliding assay / Douglas S. Martin -- Structural studies of the doublecortin family of MAPs / Frank Fourniol, Mylène Perderiset, Anne Houdusse, Carolyn Moores -- Detection and quantification of microtubule detachment from centrosomes and spindle poles / Anutosh Ganguly, Hailing Yang, Fernando Cabral -- Regulation of tubulin expression by micro-RNAs : implications for drug resistance / Sharon Lobert, Mary E. Graichen -- Determining the structure-mechanics relationships of dense microtubule networks with confocal microscopy and magnetic tweezers-based microrheology / Yali Yang, Megan T. Valentine -- Studying mitochondria and microtubule localization and dynamics in standardized cell shapes / Andrea Pelikan, James Sillibourne, Stephanie Miserey-Lenkei, Frederique Carlier-Grynkorn, Bruno Goud, Phong T. Tran -- Going solo : measuring the motions of microtubules with an in vitro assay for TIRF microscopy / Kris Leslie, Niels Galjart -- Analysis of microtubules in isolated axoplasm from the squid giant axon / Yuyu Song, Scott T. Brady -- Imaging GTP-bound tubulin : from cellular to in vitro assembled microtubules / Hélène de Forges, Antoine Pilon, Christian Poüs, Franck Perez -- Tubulin-specific chaperones : components of a molecular machine that assembles the ... heterodimer / Guoling Tian, Nicholas J. Cowan -- Heterotrimeric G proteins and microtubules / Witchuda Saengsawang, Mark M. Rasenick -- Purification and biophysical analysis of microtubule-severing enzymes in vitro / Juan Daniel Diaz-Valencia, Megan Bailey, Jennifer L. Ross -- Measurement of in vitro microtubule polymerization by turbidity and fluorescence / Matthew Mirigian, Kamalika Mukherjee, Susan L. Bane, Dan L. Sackett -- Live-cell imaging of microtubules and microtubule-associated proteins in arabidopsis thaliana / Jessica Lucas -- Investigating tubulin posttranslational modifications with specific antibodies / Maria M. Magiera, Carsten Janke -- Purification and assembly of bacterial tubulin BtubA/B and constructs bearing eukaryotic tubulin sequences / José M. Andreu, María A. Oliva -- Microtubule-associated proteins and tubulin interaction by isothermal titration calorimetry / P.O. Tsvetkov, P. Barbier, G. Breuzard, V. Peyrot, F. Devred -- Methods for studying microtubule binding site interactions : zampanolide as a covalent binding agent / Jessica J. Field, Enrique Calvo, Peter T. Northcote, John H. Miller, Karl-Heinz Altmann, José Fernando Díaz -- Studying kinetochore-fiber ultrastructure using correlative light-electron microscopy / Daniel G. Booth, Liam P. Cheeseman, Ian A. Prior, Stephen J. Royle -- Fluorescence-based assays for microtubule architecture / Susanne Bechstedt, Gary L. Brouhard -- Structure-function analysis of yeast tubulin / Anna Luchniak, Yusuke Fukuda, Mohan L. Gupta -- Using MTBindingSim as a tool for experimental planning and interpretation / Julia T. Philip, Aranda R. Duan, Emily O. Alberico, Holly V. Goodson -- Imaging individual spindle microtubule dynamics in fission yeast / Judite Costa, Chuanhai Fu, Viktoriya Syrovatkina, Phong T. Tran.
- Microtubules, in vivo. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Mitochondria and cancer 2009, Springer
- Mitochondria, practical protocols 2007., Springer Protocols
- Mitochondrial DNA, mitochondria, disease and stem cells 2013, Springer1. Clinical Approach to the Diagnosis of Mitochondrial Disease / Dominic Thyagarajan, p. 1-23 -- 2. Mitochondrial DNA Mutations and Their Effects on Complex I Biogenesis: Implications for Metabolic Disease / Matthew McKenzie, p. 25-47 -- 3. Embryonic Stem Cells: A Signalling Perspective / Marios P. Stavridis, p. 49-68 -- 4. From Oocytes and Pluripotent Stem Cells to Fully Differentiated Fates: (Also) a Mitochondrial Odyssey / João Ramalho-Santos, Ana Sofia Rodrigues, p. 69-86 -- 5. From Pluripotency to Differentiation: The Role of mtDNA in Stem Cell Models of Mitochondrial Diseases / João Facucho-Oliveira, Tejal Kulkarni, p. 87-118 -- 6. The Role of Mitochondrial DNA in Tumorigenesis / Ka Yu Yeung, Adam Dickinson, p. 119-155 -- 7. Assisted Reproductive Technologies: The Potential to Prevent the Transmission of Mutant mtDNA from One Generation to the Next / Richard D. W. Kelly, Arsalan Mahmud, p. 157-183.
- Mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation /Bernhard Kadenbach --Mitochondrial Dynamics: The Intersection of Form and Function /Andrew Ferree and Orian Shirihai --Biogenesis of Mitochondrial Proteins /Johannes M. Herrmann, Sebastian Longen, Daniel Weckbecker and Matthieu Depuydt --Assembly Factors of Human Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain Complexes: Physiology and Pathophysiology /Daniele Ghezzi and Massimo Zeviani --Supramolecular Organisation of the Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain: A New Challenge for the Mechanism and Control of Oxidative Phosphorylation /Giorgio Lenaz and Maria Luisa Genova --Molecular Mechanisms of Superoxide Production by the Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain /Stefan Dröse and Ulrich Brandt --Studies on the Function and Regulation of Mitochondrial Uncoupling Proteins /Richard K. Porter --Evolution of the Couple Cytochrome c and Cytochrome c Oxidase in Primates /Denis Pierron, Derek E. Wildman, Maik Hüttemann, Thierry Letellier and Lawrence I. Grossman --Reaction Mechanism of Mammalian Mitochondrial Cytochrome c Oxidase /Shinya Yoshikawa, Kazumasa Muramoto and Kyoko Shinzawa-Itoh --Phosphorylation of Mammalian Cytochrome c and Cytochrome c Oxidase in the Regulation of Cell Destiny: Respiration, Apoptosis, and Human Disease /Maik Hüttemann, Icksoo Lee, Lawrence I. Grossman, Jeffrey W. Doan and Thomas H. Sanderson --Individual Biochemical Behaviour Versus Biological Robustness: Spotlight on the Regulation of Cytochrome c Oxidase /Rabia Ramzan, Petra Weber, Bernhard Kadenbach and Sebastian Vogt --Bigenomic Regulation of Cytochrome c Oxidase in Neurons and the Tight Coupling Between Neuronal Activity and Energy Metabolism /Margaret T. T. Wong-Riley --Cytochrome c Oxidase and Its Role in Neurodegeneration and Neuroprotection /Susanne Arnold --The Many Clinical Faces of Cytochrome c Oxidase Deficiency /Salvatore DiMauro, Kurenai Tanji and Eric A. Schon.
- Modeling fragile X syndrome 2012, SpringerIntroduction: Reminiscing on Models and Modeling / Robert B. Denman -- Probing Astrocyte Function in Fragile X Syndrome / Shelley Jacobs, Connie Cheng and Laurie C. Doering -- Neural Stem Cells / Maija Castrén -- Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein (FMRP) and the Spinal Sensory System / Theodore J. Price and Ohannes K. Melemedjian -- The Role of the Postsynaptic Density in the Pathology of the Fragile X Syndrome / Stefan Kindler and Hans-Jürgen Kreienkamp -- Behavior in a Drosophila Model of Fragile X / Sean M. McBride, Aaron J. Bell and Thomas A. Jongens -- Molecular and Genetic Analysis of the Drosophila Model of Fragile X Syndrome / Charles R. Tessier and Kendal Broadie -- Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein and Stem Cells / Abrar Qurashi, Xuekun Li and Peng Jin -- Manipulating the Fragile X Mental Retardation Proteins in the Frog / Marc-Etienne Huot, Nicolas Bisson, Thomas Moss and Edouard W. Khandjian --Exploring the Zebra Finch Taeniopygia guttata as a Novel Animal Model for the Speech-Language Deficit of Fragile X Syndrome / Claudia Winograd and Stephanie Ceman -- Neuroendocrine Alterations in the Fragile X Mouse / Abdeslem El Idrissi, Xin Yan, William L'Amoreaux, W. Ted Brown and Carl Dobkin -- Taking STEPs Forward to Understand Fragile X Syndrome / Susan M. Goebel-Goody and Paul J. Lombroso -- Fmr-1 as an Offspring Genetic and a Maternal Environmental Factor in Neurodevelopmental Disease / Bojana Zupan and Miklos Toth -- Mouse Models of the Fragile X Premutation and the Fragile X Associated Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome / Michael R. Hunsaker, Gloria Arque, Robert F. Berman, Rob Willemsen and Renate K. Hukema -- Clinical Aspects of the Fragile X Syndrome / W. Ted Brown -- Fragile X Syndrome: A Psychiatric Perspective / Michael R. Tranfaglia -- Fragile X Syndrome and Targeted Treatment Trials / Randi Hagerman, Julie Lauterborn, Jacky Au and Elizabeth Berry-Kravis -- The Fragile X-Associated Tremor Ataxia Syndrome / Flora Tassone and Randi Hagerman -- Vignettes: Models in Absentia / Robert B. Denman.
- Molecular basis of hematopoiesis 2009, Springer
- Molecular biology of the cell. 4th ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf, Fulltext accessible by its search box
- Molecular cell biology. 4th ed. 2000, NCBI Bookshelf
- Molecular cytogenetics 2002, Springer Protocols
- Molecular mechanisms of adult stem cell aging 2010, KargerSpeakers at the Symposium / Hartmann, D. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and fate decision / Illing, A., Ju, Z. -- Alterations of systemic environment impair stem cell function during aging / Song, Z., Ju, Z. -- Novel insights into regulation of stem cell aging by aging of the niche and alterations in systemic factors / Geiger, H. -- Aging and hematopoietic malignancies / Gompf, A. -- Intestinal stem cell aging / Sperka, T., Rudolph, K.L. -- Molecular mechanisms of aging in muscle stem cells / Tümpel, S. -- Free radicals and stem cell aging / Guachalla, L.M. -- DNA damage, checkpoint responses, and cell cycle control in aging stem cells / Sperka, T., Nalapareddy, K., Rudolph, K.L.
- Mortalin biology 2012, SpringerPart 1.Structure and Function of Mortalin /Birth of Mortalin: Multiple Names, Niches and Functions Connecting Stress, Senescence and Cancer /Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul --Mortalin's Machinery /Custer C. Deocaris, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --The Role of Mortalin in Iron Homeostasis /Wen-I Luo and James A. Cowan --Functional Characteristics of Mortalin /Walter A. Baseler, Tara L. Croston and John M. Hollander --Part 2.Mortalin in Evolution2 Deocaris /Mortalin and Drosophila DmHsp22: Two Mitochondrial Chaperones Regulating Aging and Carcinogenesis /Marie Le Pécheur, Geneviève Morrow and Robert M. Tanguay --Mortalin in Invertebrates and The Induction of Apoptosis by Wild-Type p53 Following Defeat of Mortalin-Based Cytoplasmic Sequestration in Cancerous Clam Hemocytes /Charles W. Walker, Ben Low and S. Anne Böttger --Mortalin and Stem Cells: A Study from Planarians /Renata Batistoni --Part 3.Mortalin in Health and Disease /Mortalin in Cell Protection from Immune Attack /Moran Saar, Oren Moskovich and Zvi Fishelson --Mortalin in Neurological Diseases /Jinghua Jin, Jing Zhang, Travis J. Cook and Jake G. Hoekstra --Loss of Mortalin Function in Parkinson's Disease-Supporting the Mitochondrial Pathway of Neurodegeneration /Lena F. Burbulla and Rejko Krüger --Hsp75/mortalin and Protection from Ischemic Brain Injury /Robin E. White, Yi-Bing Ouyang and Rona G. Giffard --Catecholamine Regulated Protein (CRP40), A Splice Variant of Mortalin-2: Functional Role in CNS Disorders /Joseph P. Gabriele, Sarah E. Groleau, Ritesh P. Daya, Zdenek B. Pristupa and Ram K. Mishra --Chaperonopathies: Diseases in Which Mortalin and Other Hsp-Chaperones Play a Role in Etiology and Pathogenesis /Alberto J. L. Macario, Francesco Cappello and Everly Conway de Macario --Part 4.Mortalin and Cancer /Many Faces of Mortalin and Tid1 /Ohad Iosefson and Abdussalam Azem --Mortalin: A Positive Regulator of Centrosome Duplication and Amplification /Masayuki Kanai and Kenji Fukasawa --Mortalin Expression in Normal and Neoplastic Tissues /Angheliki Nomikos, Sinclair R. Dundas and Graeme I. Murray --Mortalin-p53 Interaction as a Target for Liver Cancer Therapy /Wen-Jing Lu, Nikki P. Lee, Renu Wadhwa and John M. Luk --Mortalin Targeting Gadgets for Cancer Therapy /Chae-Ok Yun and Renu Wadhwa --Part 5.Mortalin Based Technologies /Cell Internalizing Anti-Mortalin Antibody for Generation of Illuminating MSCs for Long-Term In vitro and In vivo Tracking /Toshimasa Uemura, Masanori Nishi, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa --Mortalin Staining Pattern as a Reporter for Cell Based Anti-Cancer Drug Screening /Ran Gao, Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi and Renu Wadhwa --Cell Internalizing Anti-mortalin Antibody as a Nanocarrier /Zeenia Kaul, Tomoko Yaguchi, Renu Wadhwa and Sunil C. Kaul.
- Mouse development 2012, SpringerPost-transcriptional Control of Gene Expression During Mouse Oogenesis /Hugh J. Clarke --Polarity and Asymmetry During Mouse Oogenesis and Oocyte Maturation /Malgorzata Kloc, Rafik M. Ghobrial, Ewa Borsuk and Jacek Z. Kubiak --Chromatin Structure and ATRX Function in Mouse Oocytes /Rabindranath De La Fuente, Claudia Baumann and Maria M. Viveiros --Cyclin B in Mouse Oocytes and Embryos: Importance for Human Reproduction and Aneuploidy /Zbigniew Polański, Hayden Homer and Jacek Z. Kubiak --Src Protein Kinases in Mouse and Rat Oocytes and Embryos /Mattan Levi, Lihi Ninio-Mani and Ruth Shalgi --Gradual Meiosis-To-Mitosis Transition in the Early Mouse Embryo /Aurélien Courtois and Takashi Hiiragi --Maternal Control of Mouse Preimplantation Development /Wenjing Zheng and Kui Liu --Preimplantation Mouse Embryo: Developmental Fate and Potency of Blastomeres /Aneta Suwińska --Creation of Trophectoderm, the First Epithelium, in Mouse Preimplantation Development /Yusuke Marikawa and Vernadeth B. Alarcon --Cell Lineage Allocation Within the Inner Cell Mass of the Mouse Blastocyst /Panagiotis Xenopoulos, Minjung Kang and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis --Formation of Distinct Cell Types in the Mouse Blastocyst /Samantha A. Morris and Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz --Cell Movements in the Egg Cylinder Stage Mouse Embryo /Bradley Joyce and Shankar Srinivas --Balancing the Dose in the Mouse /Mary E. Donohoe --Mouse Oviduct Development /C. Allison Stewart and Richard R. Behringer --Cell Lineages, Growth and Repair of the Mouse Heart /Fabienne Lescroart and Sigolène M. Meilhac --Cellular Reprogramming During Mouse Development /Zoë D. Burke, Gabriela Miron-Buchacra and David Tosh --Differentiation of Definitive Endoderm from Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells /Peter T. W. Kim and Christopher J. Ong --Mouse and Human Pluripotent Stem Cells and the Means of Their Myogenic Differentiation /I. Grabowska, K. Archacka, A. M. Czerwinska, M. Krupa and M. A. Ciemerych --Stem Cells and Corneal Epithelial Maintenance: Insights from the Mouse and Other Animal Models /Richard L. Mort, Panagiotis Douvaras, Steven D. Morley, Natalie Dorà and Robert E. Hill, et al. --Mouse-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells /Hui Zhang and Ying Jin --Aging in the Mouse and Perspectives of Rejuvenation Through Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) /Ken-ichi Isobe, Zhao Cheng, Sachiko Ito and Naomi Nishio.
- Natural killer cells 2010, Springer
- Natural killer cells 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1, Developmental stages and pathways of NK cell maturation / Bartosz Grzywacz, Jeffery S. Miller, Michael R. Verneris -- Chapter 2. Developmental origins of thymus-derived natural killer cells / James R. Carlyle, Juan C. Zúñiga-Pflücker -- Chapter 3. Interferon-producing killer dendritic cells (IKDC) / Franck Housseau -- Chapter 4. Natural killer cells in cancer / Petter Höglund, Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren -- Chapter 5. NK cell immune recognition: NKG2D ligands and stressed cells / Carlos López-Larrea, Alejandro López-Soto, Segundo González -- Chapter 6. NK cell KIR heterogeneity and evolution / Makoto Yawata, Nobuyo Yawata -- Chapter 7. Signalling events in natural killer cells / P.K. Epling-Burnette, Sheng Wei, Julie Y. Djeu -- Chapter 8. Human natural killer cell development / Edward L. Briercheck, Aharon G. Freud, Michael A. Caligiuri -- Chapter 9. Isolation, culture and propagation of natural killer cells / Michael Magee, Lazar N. Vujanovic, Lisa H. Butterfield, Nikola L. Vujanovic -- Chapter 10. The localization and migration of natural killer cells in health and disease / Vasileios Bekiaris, Peter J.L. Lane -- Chapter 11. Receptors on NK cells / Noam Stern-Ginossar, Ofer Mandelboim -- Chapter 12. Development and testing of NK cell lines / Hans Klingemann -- Chapter 13. NK cell-derived cytokines and delivery: NK cell synapses / Claudia Semino, Anna Rubartelli -- Chapter 14. NK cells as recipients of cytokine signals / Tara J. Loux, Michael T. Lotze, Herbert J. Zeh III -- Chapter 15. NK cells and chemokines / Angela Gismondi, Giovanni Bernardini, Angela Santoni -- Chapter 16. Natural killer cytolytic activity / Lesley R. de Armas, Eckhard R. Podack -- Chapter 17. Illuminating intranodal natural killer cell behaviour using two-photon microscopy / Kym R. Garrod, Michael D. Cahalan -- Chapter 18. Dendritic cells and NK cells / Amy K. Wesa, Robbie B. Mailliard -- Chapter 19. NK and NKT cells: The innate-adaptive interface including humoral responses / Jeff Subleski, Jonathan M. Weiss, Robert H. Wiltrout, John R. Ortaldo -- Chapter 20. NK cell and endothelial cell interactions / Angela Gismondi, Claudia Carlino, Helena Stabile, Angela Santoni -- Chapter 21. Natural killer cell/epithelial interactions / Taisuke Ito, Masao Takei, Ralf Paus -- Chapter 22. NK cell-T cell interactions / Benedict J. Chambers -- Chapter 23. NK cells and NKT cells in cutaneous disorders / Anna Balato, Anthony A. Gaspari -- Chapter 24. Natural killer cells in the respiratory tract / Borna Mehrad --Chapter 25. Intestinal natural killer cells / Martin R. Goodier -- Chapter 26. Natural killer cells in the liver / Shiguang Qian, Jia Fan, Shuang-Jian Qiu, Yong-sheng Xiao, Lina Lu -- Chapter 27. Natural killer cells in the spleen and lymph node / Alex Karlsson-Parra -- Chapter 28. Nature killer cells in the central nervous system / Fu-Dong Shi, Richard M. Ransohoff -- Chapter 29. NK cells in the eye / Jerry Y. Niederkorn -- Chapter 30. NK cells and reproduction / Ashley Moffett, Victoria H. Male -- Chapter 31. Identification of natural killer cells in tissues and their isolation / Paolo Carrega, Erika Montalto, Guido Ferlazzo -- Chapter 32. Natural killer cell immune regulation: Coordination of immune function in tissues / Lorenzo Moretta, Alessandro Moretta -- Chapter 33. Natural killer cells and transplantation / Benjamin M. Matta, Angus W. Thomson -- Chapter 34. Natural killer cells and autoimmunity / Christian Münz -- Chapter 35. Interaction of NK cells with bacteria / Kenji Chamoto, Daiko Wakita, Shinichi Koizumi, Kazutaka Masuko, Takayuki Ikeda, Rieko Mitamura, Takashi Nishimura -- Chapter 36. Natural killer cells and human immunodeficiency virus / Domenico Mavilio, Anne Hosmalin, Daniel Scott-Algara -- Chapter 37. Cytomegalovirus infection and NK cells / Jerome D. Coudert, Christopher E. Andoniou, Mariapia A. Degli-Esposti -- Chapter 38. Natural killer cells in allergy / Syh-Jae Lin, Yen-Chang Lee, Dah-Chin Yan, Ming-Ling Kuo -- Chapter 39. Natural killer cells in wound healing / Jussi Liippo, Mervi Toriseva, Veli-Matti Kähäri -- Chapter 40. Natural killer cells in atherosclerosis / Godfrey S. Getz, Catherine A. Reardon -- Chapter 41. Natural killer cells in leukaemia / Jérôme Rey, Cyril Fauriat, Alessandro Moretta, Régis Costello, Daniel Olive -- Chapter 42. Natural killer cells and allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation / Andrea Velardi -- Chapter 43. Clinical trials of NK cells for cancer / Sarah Cooley, Jeffrey S. Miller -- Chapter 44. Natural killer cells and hepatitis C virus infection / Michael A. Nalesnik, Tatsuya Kanto -- Chapter 45. Natural killer cells and the biology of parasitism / Marianne A. Bryan, Karen A. Norris -- Chapter 46. Lymphoproliferative disorders of natural killer cells / William G. Morice -- Chapter 47. Natural killer cell induction of tolerance / Lina Lu, Alexandra Y. Zhang, William L. Camp, Shiguang Qian -- Chapter 48. Genetic engineering of natural killer cells / Stephen R. Goding, Per H. Basse -- Chapter 49. NK cell-mediated target cell death / Beverly Z. Packard, Akira Komoriya, David S. Ucker -- Chapter 50. NK-cell tracking using non-invasive imaging modalities / Priyanka Jha, Verena Reinhart, Christiane Knopp, Siyuan Liu, Winfried S. Wels, Michael F. Wendland, Heike Daldrup-Link.
- Natural killer T cells 2012, SpringerIntroduction : mechanisms of NKT-cell-mediated adjuvant activity and function of iPS-derived NKT cells / Masaru Taniguchi ... [et al.] -- Structure and recognition of antigens for invariant NKT cells / Bo Pei and Mitchell Kronenberg -- Invariant NKT cell-based vaccine strategies / John-Paul Jukes ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation of tumor immunity by NKT cells / Jessica J. O'Konek, Jay A. Berzofsky, and Masaki Terabe -- The regulation of CD1d+ and CD1d- tumors by NKT cells : the roles of NKT cells in regulating CD1d+ and CD1d- tumor immunity / Jianyun Liu, Gourapura J. Renukaradhya, and Randy R. Brutkiewicz -- DC-based immunotherapy targeting NKT cells / Shin-ichiro Fujii and Kanako Shimizu -- Therapeutic approaches utilising NKT cells / Stephen R. Mattarollo and Mark J. Smyth -- NKT cells or cancer patients and how models can inform therapeutic plans / Mark A. Exley, Lydia Lynch, and Michael Nowak -- Understanding the role of natural killer T cells in hematologic malignancies : progress and challenges / Natalia Neparidze and Madhav V. Dhodapkar -- Clinical trials with alpha-galactosylceramide (KRN7000) in advanced cancer / Famke L. Schneiders ... [et al.] -- Clinical trials of invariant natural killer T cell-based immunotherapy for cancer / Shinichiro Motohashi, Yoshitaka Okamoto, and Toshinori Nakayama.
- Neural stem cells 2002, Springer Protocols
- Neural stem cells. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsDefinitions and criteria for stem cells / Leslie P. Weiner -- Neural stem cells and the future treatment of neurological diseases : raising the standard / Jaime Imitola and Samia J. Khoury -- Neural differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Mirella Dottori and Martin F. Pera -- Generating neurons from stem cells / Andreas Androutsellis-Theotokis ... [et al.] -- Isolation of neural stem and precursor cells from rodent tissue / Yuanyuan Wu ... [et al.] -- Adult rodent spinal cord-derived neural stem cells : isolation and characterization / Lamya S. Shihabuddin -- Adult neural stem cells / Rossella Galli, Angela Gritti, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Olfactory ensheathing cells : isolation and culture from the neonatal olfactory bulb / Susan C. Barnett and A. Jane Roskams -- Culturing olfactory ensheathing cells from the mouse olfactory epithelium / Miranda Richter, Kathryn Westendorf, and A. Jane Roskams -- Production and characterization of immortal human neural stem cell line with multipotent differentiation property / Seung U. Kim ... [et al.] -- Preparation of neural progenitors from bone marrow and umbilical cord blood / Shijie Song and Juan Sanchez-Ramos --Production of neurospheres from CNS tissue / Gregory P. Marshall II ... [et al.] -- Nuclear transfer to study the nuclear reprogramming of human stem cells / Shigeo Saito ... [ et al.] -- Clonal analyses and cryopreservation of neural stem cell cultures / Angela Gritti, Rossella Galli, and Angelo L. Vescovi -- Telomere neurobiology / Mark P. Mattson, Peisu Zhang, and Aiwu Cheng -- Chromosomal mosaicism in neural stem cells / Suzanne E. Peterson ... [et al.] -- In vitro assays for neural stem cell differentiation : induction of dopaminergic phenotype / Marcel M. Daadi -- In vitro migration assays of neural stem cells / Pascale Durbec .. [et al.] -- Measuring apoptosis in neural stem cells / Brett T. Lund and Eve E. Kelland -- Markers of adult neural stem cells / Eric Wexler -- Differential gene expression in ES-derived neural stem cells by using RT-PCR / Nicole Slawny, Crystal Pacut, and Theresa E. Gratsch -- Microfluidic devices for high-throughput gene expression profiling of single hESC-derived neural stem cells / Yan Chen and Jiang F. Zhong --Electroporation strategies for genetic manipulation and cell labeling / Terence J. Van Raay, Rhonda T. Lassiter, and Michael R. Stark -- Novel and immortalization-based protocols for the generation of neural CNS stem cell lines for gene therapy approaches / Luciano Conti and Elena Cattaneo -- Identification of newborn cells by BrdU labeling and immunocytochemistry in vivo / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Immunocytochemical analysis of neuronal differentiation / Sanjay S. Magavi and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Neuroanatomical tracing of neuronal projections with Fluoro-Gold / Lisa A. Catapano, Sanjay S. Magavi, and Jeffrey D. Macklis -- Labeling stem cells in vitro for identification of their differentiated phenotypes after grafting into the CNS / Qi-lin Cao, Stephen M. Onifer, and Scott R. Whittemore -- Optimizing stem cell grafting into the CNS / Scott R. Whittemore ... [et al.] -- Routes of stem cell administration in the adult rodent / Alison E. Willing ... [et al.]
- Neurobiology of respiration 2013, SpringerAltered histone deacetylase activity and iNOS expression in cells isolated from induced sputum of COPD patients treated with tiotropium -- Involvement of NF-[kappa]B and muscle specific E3 ubiquitin ligase MuRF1 in cigarette smoke-induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Siglec-8 in induced sputum of COPD patients -- Essential amino acid leucine and proteasome inhibitor MG132 attenuate cigarette smoke induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Smoking denial in cardiovascular disease studies -- Differential effects of kainic acid lesions in medullary raphe on cough and sneeze in anesthetized rabbits -- Detection of Chlamydophila pneumoniae antigens in patients with chronic cough -- Antioxidant activity of herbal polysaccharides and cough reflex -- Cytoglobin and neuroglobin in the human brainstem and carotid body -- Flow cytometry in the diagnosis of influenza -- Accuracy of rapid influenza detection test in diagnosis of influenza A and B viruses in children less than 59 months old -- Virological monitoring of influenza activity and influenza-like illness in the epidemic season 2011-2012 in Poland -- Incidence of Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection in children during 2007-2010 -- Clinical features and outcomes of influenza A and B infections in children -- Respiratory complications in children hospitalized with Varicella -- Hyponatremia in children hospitalized due to pneumonia -- In vitro sensitivity of Acinetobacter baumannii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa to carbapenems among intensive care unit patients -- Prevalence of acute respiratory tract diseases among soldiers deployed for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan --In vitro susceptibility of Staphylococci and Enterococci to vancomycin and teicoplanin -- Sinusitis in people living in the Medieval Ages -- Immunization coverage against capsular bacteria in splenectomized patients -- Umbilical cord blood gas content, postnatal state of neonates, and lactation after caesarean and natural childbirth -- Respiratory function in pregnant women -- Lung function in patients with gastro-esophageal reflux disease and respiratory symptoms -- Efficacy of noninvasive mechanical ventilation in obese patients with chronic respiratory failure -- Near-infrared hemoencephalography for monitoring blood oxygenation in prefrontal cortical areas in diagnosis and therapy of developmental dyslexia -- Occlusal stabilization splint therapy in orofacial pain and tension-type headache -- Dynamics of upper airways during the Müller maneuver in healthy subjects: a cine MRI study -- EMG analysis of human inspiratory muscle resistance to fatigue during exercise -- Assessment of temporomandibular joint disease -- Spirometry Day: a means to enhance social knowledge on respiratory diseases -- Lung function in divers -- Influence of traffic-related air pollutants on lung function -- Fractional exhaled nitric oxide in clinical trials: an overview -- Real-time breath analysis in type 2 diabetes patients during cognitive effort -- Exhaled nitric oxide in specific inhalation challenge -- Integration of simulated multipotential signals: the role of integration window width and of the number of spikes --Functional and topographic concordance of right atrial neural structures inducing sinus tachycardia -- Occurrence of disseminated intravascular coagulation in 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced pneumonia in the rat -- Implementation of non-invasive methods in the diagnosis of diisocyanate-induced asthma -- Evaluation of a 4-steps-1-day whole body challenge protocol for the diagnosis of occupational asthma due to diisocyanates -- Occupational allergic respiratory diseases in garbage workers: relevance of molds and actinomycetes -- Th1, Th2, Th17, and regulatory cytokines in children with different clinical forms of allergy -- Soluble receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator in community-acquired pneumonia in children -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to metalworking fluids: how to find the antigens -- Angiogenic axis angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2/tie-2 in non-small cell lung cancer: a bronchoalveolar lavage and serum study -- Cancer incidence in pulmonary vasculitis -- Influence of delays in diagnosis and treatment on survival in small cell lung cancer -- Familial idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis -- High resolution computed tomography in 2-year follow-up of stage I sarcoidosis -- Altruistic aptitude: age-dependent influence of temperament and emotional intelligence -- Effect of socio-economic status on quality of life in people affected with respiratory allergy -- Exposure to paracetamol and antibiotics in early life and elevated risk of asthma in childhood -- Health behaviors and quality of life among patients with chronic respiratory disease -- Attitudes toward euthanasia among Polish physicians, nurses and people who have no professional experience with the terminally ill -- Death as a result of violent asphyxia in autopsy reports -- Respiratory and systemic infections in children with severe aplastic anemia on immunosupressive therapy.
- Neuroprotection methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsNeuronal death and neuroprotection : a review / Mariaelena Repici, Jean Mariani, and Tiziana Borsello -- The use of propidium iodide to assess excitotoxic neuronal death in primary mixed cortical cultures / Anthony C. Lau, Hong Cui, and Michael Tymianski -- A modified silver technique (de Olmos Stain) for assessment of neuronal and axonal degeneration / Tatyana I. Tenkova and Mark P. Goldberg -- Model of acute injury to study neuroprotection / Michal Schwartz and Jonathan Kipnis -- Organotypic entorhino-hippocampal slice cultures : a tool to study the molecular and cellular regulation of axonal regeneration and collateral sprouting in vitro / Domenico Del Turco and Thomas Deller -- Role of Nrf2-dependent ARE-driven antioxidant pathway in neuroprotection / Jiang Li ... [et al.] -- Biochemical methods to assess the coupling of brain energy metabolism in control and disease states / Jennifer Zechel, W. David Lust, and Michele Puchowicz -- A method for isolating prosurvival targets of NF-[kappa]B/rel transcription factors / Christian Kuntzen ... [et al.] -- Functional cloning of genes regulating apoptosis in neuronal cells / Roberta Visconti and Luciano D'Adamio -- Characterization of mRNA expression in single neurons / David M. Lin ... [et al.] -- Brain on a chip : a method to detect novel neuroprotective candidate targets / Yang Tang and Myriam Bernaudin -- Intracerebral infusion of neurotrophic factors / Theo Hagg -- Synthesis of cell-penetrating peptides and their application in neurobiology / Gunnar P.H. Dietz and Mathias Bähr -- The stem cells as a potential treatment for neurodegeneration / Ferrari Daniela, Angelo Luigi Vescovi, and Daniele Bottai -- In vivo tomographic imaging studies of neurodegeneration and neuroprotection : a review / Rikki N. Waterhouse and Jun Zhao.
- Neutrophil methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsThe role of neutrophils in the immune system: an overview / H.L. Malech -- Subcellular fractionation of human neutrophils and analysis of subcellular markers / L. Udby and N. Borregaard -- Rac and Rap GTPase activation assays / U.G. Knaus, A. Bamberg and G.M. Bokoch -- Measurement of phospholipid metabolism in intact neutrophils / S. Sergeant and L.C. McPhail -- Analysis of protein phosphorylation in human neutrophils / J. El-Benna and P.M.-C. Dang -- Mitogen-activated protein kinase assays / M. Torres -- Transduction of proteins into intact neutrophils / T. Zhao and G.M. Bokoch -- Optical methods for the measurement and manipulation of cytosolic free calcium in neutrophils / E.J. Hillson, S. Dewitt and M.B. Hallett -- Analysis of electrophysiological properties and responses of neutrophils / D. Morgan and T.E. DeCoursey -- Analysis of neutrophil apoptosis / E.L. Taylor ... [et al.] -- Optical and fluorescence detection of neutrophil integrin activation / U.Y. Schaff ... [et al.] -- Analysis of neutrophil polarization and chemotaxis / M.A. Lokuta, P.A. Nuzzi and A. Huttenlocher -- Quantifying and localizing actin-free barbed ends in neutrophils / M. Glogauer -- Measurement of neutrophil adhesion under conditions mimicking blood flow / M.A. Jutila ... [et al.] -- Model systems to investigate neutrophil adhesion and chemotaxis / N.A. Louis, E. Campbell and S.P. Colgan -- Immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy of neutrophils / L.-A.H. Allen -- Assessment of phagosome formation and maturation by fluorescence microscopy / B.E. Steinberg and S. Grinstein -- Analysis of neutrophil membrane traffic during phagocytosis / P. Loennbro, P. Nordenfelt and H. Tapper -- Analysis of neutrophil bactericidal activity / J.N. Green, C.C. Winterbourn and M.B. Hampton -- A skin chamber technique as a human model for studies of aseptic inflammatory reactions / P. Follin and C. Dahlgren -- Measurement of respiratory burst products generated by professional phagocytes / C. Dahlgren, A. Karlsson and J. Bylund -- The K-562 cell model for analysis of neutrophil NADPH oxidase function / T.L. Leto ... [et al.] -- Cell-free assays: the reductionist approach to the study of NADPH oxidase assembly, or "all you wanted to know about cell-free assays but did not dare to ask" / S. Molshanski-Mor ... [et al.] -- Immunoaffinity purification of human phagocyte flavocytochrome b and analysis of conformational dynamics / R.M. Taylor and A.J. Jesaitis -- Genome-scale transcript analyses in human neutrophils / S.D. Kobayashi, D.E. Sturdevant and F.R. DeLeo -- Fast and accurate quantitative analysis of cytokine gene expression in human neutrophils by reverse transcription real-time PCR / N. Tamassia, M.A. Cassatella and F. Bazzoni -- Detection of intact transcription factors in human neutrophils / P.P. McDonald and R.D. Ye -- Disorders of neutrophil function: an overview / M.C. Dinauer -- Diagnostic assays for chronic granulomatous disease and other neutrophil disorders / H.Z. Elloumi and S.M. Holland -- Diagnostic assays for myeloperoxidase deficiency / W.M. Nauseef.
- Nitric oxide. Part D, Nitric oxide detection, mitochondria and cell functions, and peroxynitrite reactions 2002, ScienceDirect
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Differentiation of embryonic stem cel...
- Digital microscopy. 4th edition. .......
- — Nitric oxide. Part D, Nitric oxide de...
- Novel developments in stem cell mobil...
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
1st ed. [print] 2013
Author: Ofri, Danielle