Books by Subject
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Chemical genomics ......................
- Chromatin dynamics in cellular functi...
- — Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive ...
- Koss's Cytology of the urinary tract ...
- — Protein phosphorylation in aging and ...
- Proteins ...............................
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Chromatin dynamics in cellular function 2006, Springer
- Chromatin protocols. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsPreparation of chromatin assembly extracts from preblastoderm Drosophila embryos / Edgar Bonte and Peter B. Becker -- Analysis of reconstituted chromatin using a solid-phase approach / Raphael Sandaltzopoulos and Peter B. Becker -- In vivo chromatin decondensation assays : molecular genetic analysis of chromatin unfolding characteristics of selected proteins / Sherry L. Winter, Philip Wong, and Mark G. Alexandrow -- DNA methyltransferase probing of chromatin structure within populations and on single molecules / Carolina Pardo ... [et al.] -- Visualization of the expression of HMGN nucleosomal binding proteins in the developing mouse embryo and in adult mouse tissues / Takashi Furusawa and Michael Bustin -- Drug-induced premature chromosome condensation (PCC) protocols : cytogenetic approaches in mitotic chromosome and interphase chromatin / Eisuke Gotoh -- Analysis of DNA topology in yeast chromatin / Randall H. Morse -- Preparation and analysis of uniquely positioned mononucleosomes / Daria A. Gaykalova ... [et al.] -- Monitoring DNA breaks in optically highlighted chromatin in living cells by laser scanning confocal microscopy / Michael J. Kruhlak, Arkady Celeste, and André Nussenzweig -- Methods to study transcription-coupled repair in chromatin / Hélène Gaillard, Ralf Erik Wellinger, and Andrés Aguilera -- Cytometric analysis of DNA damage : phosphorylation of histone H2AX as a marker of DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) / Toshiki Tanaka ... [et al.] -- Detection of DNA damage induced by topoisomerase II inhibitors, gamma radiation, and crosslinking agents using the comet assay / Lori A. Hazlehurst -- Analysis of genomic aberrations using comparative genomic hybridization of metaphase chromosomes / Melanie Carless -- In vitro replication assay with mammalian cell extracts / Wasia Rizwani and Srikumar P. Chellappan -- Investigation of genomic methylation status using methylation-specific and bisulfite sequencing polymerase chain reaction / Melanie Carless -- Biochemical analysis of arginine methylation in transcription / Marc Tini, Hina Naeem, and Joseph Torchia -- In vitro histone demethylase assays / Kenji Kokura and Jia Fang -- Histone chaperone as coactivator of chromatin transcription : role of acetylation / Shrikanth S. Gadad ... [et al.] -- Histone deacetylase activity assay / Zhigang Yuan ... [et al.] -- In vitro and in vivo assays for studying histone ubiquitination and deubiquitination / Ling Zhai, Heui-Yun Joo, and Hengbin Wang -- Detection of histone H3 phosphorylation in cultured cells and tissue sections by immunostaining / Jaya Padmanabhan -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assays : analyzing transcription factor binding and histone modifications in vivo / Smitha Pillai, Piyali Dasgupta, and Srikumar P. Chellappan -- ChIP on Chip assays : genome-wide analysis of transcription factor binding and histone modifications / Smitha Pillai and Srikumar P. Chellappan -- ChIP-on-Chip analysis methods for Affymetrix tiling arrays / Sean J. Yoder and Steven A. Enkemann -- Non-radioactive assay methods for the assessment of telomerase activity and telomere length / Partha P. Banerjee and Shankar Jagadeesh -- Detecting ATM-dependent chromatin modification in DNA damage and heat shock response / Sandeep Misri, Shruti Pandita, and Tej K. Pandita.
- Cilia, model organisms and intraflagellar transport 2009, ScienceDirect
- Cilia, motors and regulation 2009, ScienceDirect
- Cilia, structure and motility. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Cilia. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2013, ScienceDirectPt. B ScienceDirect
- Coding and decoding of calcium signals in plants 2011, SpringerPlants cannot move away from their environments. As a result, all plants that have survived to date have evolved sophisticated signaling mechanisms that allow them to perceive, respond, and adapt to constantly changing environmental conditions. Among the many cellular processes that respond to environmental changes, elevation of calcium levels is by far the most universal messenger that matches primary signals to cellular responses. Yet it remains unclear how calcium, a simple cation, translates so many different signals into distinct responses - how is the "specificity" of signal-re
- Color atlas of immunocytochemistry in diagnostic cytology 2007, Springer
- Computational methods in cell biology. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPrinciples of model building : an experimentation-aided approach to development of models for signaling networks / Ambhighainath Ganesan and Andre Levchenko -- Integrated inference and analysis of regulatory networks from multi-level measurements / Christopher S. Poultney, Alex Greenfield, and Richard Bonneau -- Swimming upstream : identifying proteomic signals that drive transcriptional changes using the interactome and multiple "-omics" datasets / Shao-shan Carol Huang and Ernest Fraenkel -- A framework for modeling the relationship between cellular steady-state and stimulus-responsiveness / Paul M. Loriaux and Alexander Hoffmann -- Stochastic modeling of cellular networks / Jacob Stewart-Ornstein and Hana El-Samad -- Quantifying traction stresses in adherent cells / Casey M. Kraning-Rush ... [et al.] -- CellOrganizer : image-derived models of subcellular organization and protein distribution / Robert F. Murphy -- Spatial modeling of cell signaling networks / Ann E. Cowan ... [et al.] -- Stochastic models of cell protrusion arising from spatiotemporal signaling and adhesion dynamics / Erik S. Welf and Jason M. Haugh -- Nonparametric variable selection and modeling for spatial and temporal regulatory networks / Anil Aswani ... [et al.] -- Quantitative models of the mechanisms that control genome-wide patterns of animal transcription factor binding / Tommy Kaplan and Mark D. Biggin -- Computational analysis of live cell images of the Arabidopsis thaliana plant / Alexandre Cunha ... [et al.] -- Multi-scale modeling of tissues using CompuCell3D / Maciej H. Swat ... [et al.] -- Multiscale model of fibrin accumulation on the blood clot surface and platelet dynamics / Zhiliang Xu ... [et al.].
- Connexin cell communication channels 2013, CRCnetBASECommunication in the immune system by connexin channels / E. Oviedo-Orta and W. Howard Evans -- Gap junctions and connexins in the hematopoietic-immune system : structural considerations / T. Krenacs, I. Zsakovics and M. Rosendaal -- Approaches for studying the role(s) of gap junctions in the immune system / A.M. Glass, T.D. Nguyen, S. Taffet -- Gap junctions in antigen presenting cells / P.J. Saez, K.F. Shoji, J.C. Saez -- Connect the immune system : roles of gap junctions in antigen presentation and T cell activation / B. Pang, J. Neefjes -- Gap junctions and connexins in the immune defence against tumors / F. Salazar-Onfray -- Connexins in atherosclerosis / L. Burnier, B.R. Kwak -- Connexins in lung function and inflammation / M. Chanson, M. Koval -- The effect of oxidative stress on connexins in the vasculature / M. Billaud ... [et al.] -- The regulation of gap junctions and cellular coupling within the microvasculature in response to acute inflammation / D. Lidington, K. Tyml -- Impact of microglial activation on astroglial connexin expression and function in brain inflammation / C. Giaume ... [et al.] -- A role for connexins in inflammatory disorders of the epidermis / S. Donnelly, P. Martin -- Translating basic research on Cx43 gap junctions into therapies for reducing scarring and cardiac arrhythmia / J.M. Rhett ... [et al.] -- Connexin-based therapeutic approaches to inflammation in the central nervous system / J. Zhang ... [et al.] -- Enhancing epithelial tissue repair and reducing inflammation by targeting connexins / D.L. Becker ... [et al.].
- Correlative light and electron microscopy. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Current protocols in cell biology 2002-, Wileych. 1. Cell Culture -- ch. 2. Preparation and Isolation of Cells -- ch. 3. Subcellular Fractionation and Isolation of Organelles -- ch. 4. Microscopy -- ch. 5. Characterization of Cellular Proteins -- ch. 6. Electrophoresis and Immunoblotting -- ch. 7. Protein Labeling and Immunoprecipitation -- ch. 8. Cell Cycle Analysis -- ch. 9. Cell Adhesion -- ch. 10. Extracellular Matrix -- ch. 11. In Vitro Reconstitution -- ch. 12. Cell Motility -- ch. 13. Organelle Motility -- ch. 14. Signal Transduction: Protein Phosphorylation -- ch. 15. Protein Trafficking -- ch. 16. Antibodies as Cell Biological Tools -- ch. 17. Macromolecular Interactions in Cells -- ch. 18. Cellular Aging and Death -- ch. 19. Whole Organism and Tissue Analysis -- ch. 20. Expression and Introduction of Macromolecules into Cells -- ch. 21. Fluorescent Protein Technology -- ch. 22. Cell Biology of Chromosomes and Nuclei -- ch. 23. Stem Cells -- ch. 24. Lipids -- ch. 25. Nanotechnology -- ch. 26. Viruses -- ch. 27. RNA-Based Methods in Cell Biology -- Appendix 1. Useful Information and Data -- Appendix 2. Laboratory Stock Solutions and Equipment -- Appendix 3. Commonly Used Techniques -- Appendix. Suppliers.
- Current protocols in cytometry 1997-, WileyConsists of a core publication dated Apr. 1997, and updated by supplements 1 (July 1997)-<57 (July 2010)>. Content is peer-reviewed protocols for flow and image cytometry updated quarterly.
- Current protocols in stem cell biology 2007-, WileyIncludes methods for isolating, maintaining, and differentiating embryonic and adult stem cells.
- Cyclin dependent kinase 5 (Cdk5) 2008, Springer
- Cytokines 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Cytologic detection of urothelial lesions 2006, Springer
- Cytopathology in oncology 2014, SpringerIn recent decades, cytopathology has assumed an increasing role in the primary diagnosis of mass lesions owing to its ability to provide rapid, non-invasive, and timely information. With cytopathology at the forefront of diagnosis and prognostication of neoplastic lesions, it is essential that physicians involved in the diagnosis and treatment of precancerous lesions and cancer have a clear understanding of specimen collection techniques, terminology for reporting, and outcomes in various diagnostic categories. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the role of cytology at various body sites. The diagnostic details covered are abbreviated in comparison with those in pathology texts. Instead, a more clinical approach is taken, with the focus on the advantages and limitations of techniques and the key features of entities that are important to clinicians. Pathological clinical correlation is highlighted throughout the book, ensuring that it will be highly relevant for clinicians. In particular, physicians who deal with oncology patients will find it to be a rich source of guidance on how to use and understand cytopathology in the diagnosis and exclusion of malignancy.
- Cytoskeleton of the nervous system 2011, SpringerCentral axonal development and pathology in early life / Robin L. Haynes and Hannah C. Kinney -- Microtubules in the nervous system / Nobuyuki Fukushima -- Tau phosphorylation / Jesús Avila and Félix Hernández -- Tau pathology / Nicolas Sergeant and Luc Buée -- Tauopathy and brain aging / Akihiko Takashima -- Microtubule-associated protein 4 / Kiyotaka Tokuraku ... [et al.] -- Structure of neural intermediate filaments / David A.D. Parry -- Alpha-internexin: the fourth subunit of neurofilaments in the mature CNS / Aidong Yuan and Ralph A. Nixon -- Peripherin pathology / Jesse R. McLean and Janice Robertson -- Neurofilament cross-bridge: a structure associated specifically with the neurofilament among the intermediate filament family / Takahiro Gotow -- Neurofilament transport / Andrew J. Grierson and Christopher C.J. Miller -- Knockout models of neurofilament proteins / Rodolphe Perrot and Jean-Pierre Julien -- Neurofilaments and radial growth: deconstruction of a hypothesis through the construction of gene targeted mice / Michael L. Garcia and Devin M. Barry -- Deregulation of cytoskeletal protein phosphorylation and neurodegeneration / Jyotshnabala Kanungo ... [et al.] -- Neurofilaments in aged animals / Shin-ichi Hisanaga, Takahiro Sasaki, and Atsuko Uchida -- Neurofilament changes in multiple sclerosis / Elizabeth Gray and Alastair Wilkins -- Intermediate filament interactions in neurons / Kevin G. Young and Rashmi Kothary -- Tropomyosins in neuronal morphogenesis and development / Nikki Margarita Curthoys, Peter William Gunning, and Thomas Fath -- The driving machinery for growth cone navigation / Takuro Tojima and Hiroyuki Kamiguchi -- Glial fibrillary acidic protein: the intermediate filament protein of astrocytes / Douglas L. Eng and Lawrence F. Eng -- Axonal transport mechanisms in cytoskeleton formation and regulation / Aidong Yuan and Ralph A. Nixon -- Axonal transport and motor neuron disease / Anna-Lena Ström ... [et al.] -- In vivo imaging of axonal transport in aging and Alzheimer's disease / Donna J. Cross and Satoshi Minoshima -- Regulation of cytoskeletal composition in neurons: transcriptional and post-transcriptional control in development, regeneration, and disease / Ben G. Szaro and Michael J. Strong -- Crosstalks between myelinating cells and the axonal cytoskeleton / Rodolphe Perrot and Joël Eyer -- Topographic regulation of neuronal intermediate filament proteins by phosphorylation: in health and disease / Parvathi Rudrabhatla and Harish C. Pant -- Cytoskeleton, axonal transport, and the mechanisms of axonal neuropathy / Hsinlin T. Cheng ... [et al.] -- Effects of insulin on tau and neurofilament / R. Schechter and K.E. Miller -- Ethanol effects on the cytoskeleton of nerve tissue cells / Sergio G. Evrard and Alicia Brusco.
- Death receptors and cognate ligands in cancer 2009, SpringerThe role of TNF in cancer / Harald Wajant -- Many checkpoints on the road to cell death: regulation of Fas-FasL interactions and Fas signaling in peripheral immune responses / Madhu Ramaswamy ... [et al.] -- FasL expression and reverse signaling / M. Lettau ... [et al.] -- Impact of TNF-R1 and CD95 internalization on apoptotic and antiapoptotic signaling / Stefan Schütze and Wulf Schneider-Brachert -- Ubiquitination and TNFR1 signaling / Ken-ichi Fujita and Srinivasa M. Srinivasula -- From biochemical principles of apoptosis induction by TRAIL to application in tumour therapy / Stefanie M. Cordier, Kerstin Papenfuss, and Henning Walczak -- Therapeutic targeting of TWEAK/Fn14 in cancer: exploiting the intrinsic tumor cell killing capacity of the pathway / Jennifer S. Michaelson and Linda C. Burkly -- APRIL in B-cell malignancies and autoimmunity / Fiona C. Kimberly, Jan Paul Medema, and Michael Hahne -- Autophagy in cancer and chemotherapy / Shida Yousefi and Hans-Uwe Simon -- Glucocorticoid-mediated apoptosis resistance of solid tumors / Ingrid Herr, Markus W. Büchler, and Jürgen Mattern -- Targeting death-receptors in radiation therapy / Olivier Niemöller and Claus Belka -- Death ligands designed to kill: development and application of targeted cancer therapeutics based on proapoptotic TNF family ligands / Jeannette Gerspach, Harald Wajant, and Klaus Pfizenmaier.
- Death receptors in cancer therapy 2005, Springer
- Digital microscopy. 4th edition. [4th ed.} 2013, ScienceDirect
- Dioxygen binding and sensing proteins 2008, SpringerIntroduction: A Dedication to Beatrice and Jonathan Wittenberg; The Wittenbergs: A Personal Appreciation; A Crystallographer's Perspective on the 2/2Hb Family; The Phylogeny and Structural Properties of 2/2 Haemoglobins; Reexamining Data from the Past Related to the Evolution of the Functional Properties of the Haemoglobins of the Teleost Fish; Evolutionary Physiology of Oxygen Secretion in the Eye of Fishes of the Suborder Notothenioidei; Mutagenic Studies on the Origins of the Root Effect; Redox Reactions of Cross-linked Haemoglobins with Oxygen and Nitrite.
- The secretory capacity of a cell depends on the efficiency of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation / M. Molinari and R. Sitia -- Recognition and delivery of ERAD substrates to the proteasome and alternative paths for cell survival / A.A. McCracken and J.L. Brodsky -- CPY* and the power of yeast genetics in the elucidation of quality control and associated protein degradation of the endoplasmic reticulum / D.H. Wolf and A. Schäfer -- The role of the ubiquination machinery in dislocation and degradation of endoplasmic reticulum proteins / M. Kikkert, G. Hassink, and E. Wiertz -- The role of p97/Cdc48p in endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation : from the immune system to yeast / S. Bar-Nun -- The ins and outs of intracellular peptides and antigen presentation by MHC Class I molecules / T. Groothuis and J. Neefjes -- Entry of protein toxins into mammalian cells by crossing the endoplasmic reticulum membrane : co-opting basic mechanisms of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation / J.M. Lord , L.M. Roberts, and W.I. Lencer.
- Distribution and phenotype of proliferating cells in the forebrain of adult macaque monkeys after transient global cerebral ischemia 2007, Springer
- Diverse roles of integrin receptors in articular cartilage 2008, Springer
- DNA repair of cancer stem cells 2013, Springer
- Dyneins. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectResearch on dyneins has a direct impact on human diseases, such as viruses and cancer. With an accompanying website showing over one hundred streaming videos of cell dynamic behavior for best comprehension of material, Dynein: Structure, Biology and Disease is the only reference covering the structure, biology and application of dynein research to human disease. From bench to bedside, Dynein: Structure, Biology and Disease offers research on fundamental cellular processes to researchers and clinicians across developmental biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biophysics, biomedicine, genetics and medicine. . Broad-based up-to-date resource for the dynein class of molecular motors . Chapters written by world experts in their topics . Numerous well-illustrated figures and tables included to complement the text, imparting comprehensive information on dynein composition, interactions, and other fundamental features.
- ECTO-NOX proteins 2013, Springer
- Electron microscopy of model systems. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Electron Microscopy of Viruses -- Chapter 2. Bacterial TEM : New Insights from Cryo-Microscopy -- Chapter 3. Analysis of the Ultrastructure of Archaea by Electron Microscopy -- Chapter 4. Chlamydomonas : Cryopreparation Methods for the 3-D Analysis of Cellular Organelles -- Chapter 5. Ultrastructure of the Asexual Blood Stages of Plasmodium falciparum -- Chapter 6. Electron Tomography and Immuno-labeling of Tetrahymena thermophila Basal Bodies -- Chapter 7. Electron Microscopy of Paramecium (Ciliata).
- Embryonic stem cell protocols. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Isolation and characterization -- v. 2. Differentiation models.
- Embryonic stem cells 2006, ScienceDirectDerivation and maintenance of embryonic stem cells -- Differentiation of embryonic stem cells.
- Embryonic stem cells 2007, SpringerDefined culture media for human embryonic stem cells / T. Ludwig and J. Thomson -- Generation of disease-specific human embryonic stem cell lines / S. Minger -- Characterization and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / A. Laslett ... [et al.] -- Genetic modification of human embryonic stem cells / T. Zwaka -- Hematopoietic differentiation / C. Cerdan ... [et al.] -- Neural differentiation / Z.-J. Zhang ... [et al.] -- Germ cell differentiation / V. Angeles and R. Pera -- Mesodermal differentiation / N. Sharon and N. Benvenisty -- Three-dimensional culture of human embryonic stem cells / S. Gerecht ... [et al.] -- Extraembryonic cell differentiation / L. Armstrong and M. Lako -- Pancreatic cell differentiation / B. Fishman ... [et al.] -- Cardiomyocyte differentiation / D. Singla ... [et al.] -- Human embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells: Complementary tools for embryonic stem cell research / P. Tonge and P. Andrews -- Quality control of human stem cell lines / G. Stacey.
- Encyclopedia of signaling molecules 2012, SpringerVolume 1. 0-9-F -- volume 2. G-O -- volume 3. P-Z.
- Endometrial cytology with tissue correlations 2009, Springer
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress in health and disease 2012, SpringerThe Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER) is an organelle with extraordinary signaling and homeostatic functions. It is the organelle responsible for protein folding, maturation, quality control and trafficking of proteins destined for the plasma membrane or for secretion into the extracellular environment. Failure, overloading or malfunctioning of any of the signaling or quality control mechanisms occurring in the ER may provoke a stress condition known as âER stressâ. Accumulating evidence indicates that ER stress may dramatically perturb interactions between the cell and its environment, and contribute to the development of human diseases, ranging from metabolic diseases and cancer to neurodegenerative diseases, or impact therapeutic outcome. This book primarily focuses on the pathophysiology of ER stress. It introduces the molecular bases of ER stress, the emerging relevance of the ER-mitochondria cross-talk, the signaling pathways engaged and cellular responses to ER stress, including the adaptive Unfolded Protein Response (UPR), autophagy as well as cell death. Next the book addresses the role of ER stress in physiology and in the etiology of relevant pathological conditions, like carcinogenesis and inflammation, neurodegeneration and metabolic disease. The last chapter describes how ER stress pathways can be targeted for therapeutic benefit. Altogether, this book will provide the reader with an exhaustive view of ER stress biology and the latest insights in the role of ER stress in relevant human diseases.
- Endothelial cytoskeleton 2014, CRCnetBASEThe endothelial cytoskeleton : multifunctional role of the endothelial actomyosin cytoskeleton / Yuka Shimizu and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Emerging themes on pulmonary microvascular endothelial cell : microtubules and microtubule associated proteins / Cristiaan D. Ochoa, Ron Balczon, and Troy Stevens -- Endothelial actin cytoskeleton and angiogenesis / Sadiqa K. Quadri -- Adherens junctions and endothelial cytoskeleton / Younes Smani and Tarik Smani-Hajami -- Mechanical force transmission via the cytoskeleton in vascular endothelial cells / Bori Mazzag ... [et al.] -- The functional role of the microtubule/microfilament cytoskeleton in the regulation of pulmonary vascular endothelial barrier / Irina B. Alieva and Alexander D. Verin -- Membrane-cytoskeleton interactions and control of vesicle trafficking in endothelial cells / Felicia Antohe -- Cell-matrix adhesion proteins in the regulation of endothelial permeability / Jurjan Aman, Geerten P. van Nieuw Amerongen, and Victor W.M. van Hinsbergh -- Endothelial cells and the regulation of platelet function / P.C. Redondo ... [et al.].
- Epithelial cell culture protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Erythropoiesis: an overview / B.E. Torbett and J.S. Friedman -- Regulation of endogenous erythropoietin production / D.R. Mole and P.J. Ratcliffe -- Biology of erythropoietin / G. Molineux and A.M. Sinclair -- Erythropoiesis - genetic abnormalities / J.T. Prchal and X.T. Gregg -- Studies of erythropoiesis and the discovery and cloning of recombinant human erythropoietin / M.A. Foote -- Commercial production of recombinant erythropoietins / A.S. Chuck ... [et al.] -- Biosimilar epoetins / H. Schellekens -- New molecules and formulations / S.G. Elliott -- Structural basis for the signal transduction of erythropoietin / T.D. Osslund -- Intracellular signaling by the erythropoietin receptor / H.F. Lodish ... [et al.] -- Mechanism of erythropoietin receptor activation / S.N. Constantinescu -- Pharmacokinetics of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents / S. Doshi ... [et al.] -- Use of erythropoietic stimulating agents in the setting of renal disease / D.A. Goodkin -- Abuse of recombinant erythropoietins and blood products by athletes / D.H. Catlin and C.K. Hatton -- Role and regulation of iron metabolism in erythropoiesis and disease / T.L. Arvedson and B.J. Sasu -- Nonhematopoietic effects of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents / W. Jelkmann, R. Depping and E. Metzen.
- Essentials of apoptosis. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Essentials of stem cell biology. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectIntroduction to stem cells -- Basic biology/mechanisms -- Tissue and organ development -- Methods -- Applications -- Regulation and ethics.
- Ethics of research biobanking 2009, SpringerPt. 1. Research biobanking : the traditional approach -- Consent to biobank research : one size fits all? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- What no one knows cannot hurt you : the limits of informed consent in the emerging world of biobanking / Arthur L. Caplan -- Users and uses of the biopolitics of consent : a study of DNA banks / Pascal Ducournau and Anne Cambon-Thomsen -- Information rights on the edge of ignorance / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- The dubious uniqueness of genetic information / Anne Maria Skrikerud -- Duties and rights of biobank participants : principled autonomy, consent, voluntariness and privacy / Lars Øystein Ursin -- Biobanking and disclosure of research results : addressing the tension between professional boundaries and moral intuition / Lynn G. Dressler -- Biobanks and our common good / Erik Christensen -- Trust, distrust and co-production : the relationship between research biobanks and donors / Pascal Ducournau and Roger Strand -- Scientific citizenship, benefit, and protection in population-based research / Vilhj́almur Árnason -- Pt. 2. Research Biobanking : towards a new conceptual approach -- Mapping the language of research biobanking : an analogical approach / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The use of analogical reasoning in umbilical cord blood biobanking / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- The Alexandria plan : creating libraries for human tissue research and therapeutic use / Laurie Zoloth -- The art of biocollections / Anne Hambro Alnæs -- The health dugnard : biobank participation as the solidary pursuit of the common good / Lars Øystein Ursin and Berge Solberg -- Embodied gifting : reflections on the role of information in biobank recruitment / Klaus Hoeyer -- Conscription to biobank research? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm -- Ownership rights in research biobanks : do we need a new king of 'biological property'? / Paula Lobato de Faria -- Legal challenges and strategies in the regulation of research biobanking / Elisabeth Rynning -- Annexation of life : the biopolitics of industrial biology / Jan Reinert Karlsen and Roger Strand -- In the ruins of Babel : should biobank regulations be harmonized / Jan Reinert Karlsen, Jan Helge Solbak, and Roger Strand.
- Evolution of extracellular matrix 2013, SpringerThe evolution of single cells into multicellular organisms was mediated, in large part, by the extracellular matrix. The proteins and glycoconjugates that make up the extracellular matrix provide structural support to cellular complexes, facilitate cell adhesion and migration, and impart mechanical properties that are important for tissue function. Each class of ECM macromolecule has evolved to incorporate distinctive properties that are defined by conserved modules that are mixed together to achieve appropriate function. This volume provides a comprehensive analysis of how the major ECM components evolved over time in order to fill their specific roles found in modern organisms. The major focus is on the structural matrix proteins, matricellular proteins, and more complex ECM structures such as basement membranes. Adhesive proteins and their receptors are also discussed.The series Biology of Extracellular Matrix is published in collaboration with the American Society for Matrix Biology.
- Experimental glycoscience. Glycobiology 2008, Springer
- Extracellular matrix 2011, SpringerAn overview of extracellular matrix structure and function /Jürgen EngelandMatthias Chiquet --Fibronectin and other adhesive glycoproteins /Jielin XuandDeane Mosher --Collagens, suprastructures, and collagen fibril assembly /David E. BirkandPeter Brückner --Basement membranes /Jeffrey H. Miner --Hyaluronan and the aggregating proteoglycans /Thomas N. Wight,Bryan P. Toole,andVincent C. Hascall --Small leucine-rich proteoglycans /Renato V. Iozzo... [et al.] --Microfibrils and fibrillin /Dirk HubmacherandDieter P. Reinhardt --Elastin /Beth A. Kozel,Robert P. Mecham,andJoel Rosenbloom --Lysyl oxidase and lysyl oxidase-like enzymes /Herbert M. KaganandFaina Ryvkin --The fibulins /Marion A. CooleyandW. Scott Argraves --Matricellular proteins /David D. RobertsandLester F. Lau.
- Extracellular matrix degradation 2011, SpringerMatrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in turnover and degradation of extracellular matrix / Sean E. Gill and William C. Parks -- Role of cysteine cathepsins in extracellular proteolysis / Dieter Brömme and Susan Wilson -- Cooperation between proteolysis and endocytosis in collagen turnover / Thomas H. Bugge and Niels Behrendt -- Pericellular proteolysis / Judith S. Bond, Timothy R. Keiffer, and Qi Sun -- Triple helicase activity and the structural basis of collagenolysis / Hideaki Nagase and Robert Visse -- Structural basis of extracellular matrix interactions with matrix metalloproteinases / Steven R. Van Doren -- The role of matrix metalloproteinases in cellular invasion and metastasis / Elena I. Deryugina and James P. Quigley -- Degradation of bone and the role of osteoclasts, bone lining cells and osteocytes / Vincent Everts and Paul Saftig -- Consequences of elastolysis / A. McGarry Houghton, Majd Mouded, and Steven D. Shapiro.
- Extracellular matrix in development 2013, SpringerCells in the developing embryo depend on signals from the extracellular environment to help guide their differentiation. An important mediator in this process is the extracellular matrix - secreted macromolecules that interact to form large protein networks outside the cell. During development, the extracellular matrix serves to separate adjacent cell groups, participates in establishing morphogenic gradients, and, through its ability to interact directly will cell-surface receptors, provides developmental clocks and positional information. This volume discusses how the extracellular matrix influences fundamental developmental processes and how model systems can be used to elucidate ECM function. The topics addressed range from how ECM influences early development as well as repair processes in the adult that recapitulate developmental pathways.The series Biology of Extracellular Matrix is published in collaboration with the American Society for Matrix Biology.
- Fine needle aspiration cytology 2006, SpringerIntroduction and historical perspective -- FNAC technique and slide preparation -- Diagnostic interpretation of FNAC material -- Diagnostic dilemmas in FNAC practice: cystic lesions -- Diagnostic dilemmas in FNAC practice: lymphoid infiltrates -- Diagnostic dilemmas in FNAC practice: metastatic tumours -- Diagnostic dilemmas in FNAC cytology: small round cell tumours -- Diagnostic dilemmas in FNAC cytology: soft-tissue lesions -- Diagnostic dilemmas in FNAC cytology: difficult breast lesions -- Principles of safe practice: the role of FNAC in clinical management -- Principles of safe FNAC practice: FNAC versus core biopsy -- Principles of safe FNAC practice: medicolegal issues.
- Flow cytometry 2007, SpringerPrinciples of flow cytometry / Marion G. Macey -- Cell preparation / Desmond A. McCarthy -- Fluorochromes and fluorescence / Desmond A. McCarthy -- Quality control in flow cytometry / David Barnett and John T. Reilly -- Experimental design, data analysis, and fluorescence quantitation / Mark Lowdell -- Apoptosis detection by flow cytometry / Paul Allen and Derek Davies -- DNA analysis by flow cytometry / Derek Davies and Paul Allen -- Immunological studies of human cells / Ulrika Johansson -- Calcium: cytoplasmic, mitochondrial, endoplasmic reticulum, and flux measurements / Gary Warnes and Marion G. Macey -- Further functional studies / Marion G. Macey -- Cell sorting by flow cytometry / Derek Davies.
- Flow cytometry protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsFlow cytometry : an introduction / Alice L. Givan -- Multiparameter flow cytometry of bacteria / Howard M. Shapiro and Gerhard Nebe-von-Caron -- Multiparameter data acquisition and analysis of leukocytes / Carleton C. Stewart and Sigrid J. Stewart -- Flow cytometric analysis of kinase signaling cascades / Omar D. Perez, Peter O. Krutzik, and Garry P. Nolan -- Cytokine flow cytometry / Holden T. Maecker -- Use of cell-tracking dyes to determine proliferation precursor frequencies of antigen-specific T cells / Alice L. Givan ... [et al.] -- Assessment of lymphocyte-mediated cytotoxicity using flow cytometry / Luzheng Liu ... [et al.] -- Multiparametric analysis of apoptosis by flow and image cytometry / William G. Telford, Akira Komoriya, and Beverly Z. Packard -- Detection and enrichment of hematopoietic stem cells by side population phenotype / Shannon S. Eaker ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic stem cell characterization by Hoechst 33342 and Rhodamine 123 staining / Ivan Bertoncello and Brenda Williams --Phenotypic and functional analyses of human CD34neg hematopoietic precursors from mobilized peripheral blood / Douglas C. Dooley and Barbara K. Oppenlander -- Multiparameter flow cytometry of fluorescent protein reporters / Teresa S. Hawley ... [et al.] -- Analysis of fluorescent protein expressing cells by flow cytometry / Steven C. Pruitt, Lawrence M. Mielnicki, and Carleton C. Stewart -- Integrative flow cytometric and microarray approaches for use in transcriptional profiling / David W. Galbraith, Rangasamy Elumalai, and Fang Cheng Gong -- Flow cytometric analysis of fluorescence resonance energy transfer : a tool for high-throughput screening of molecular interactions in living cells / Francis Ka-Ming Chan and Kevin L. Holmes -- Design of a fluorescence-activated cell sorting-based mammalian protein-protein interaction trap / Sam Lievens ... [et al.] -- Flow cytometric screening of yeast surface display libraries / Michael Feldhaus and Robert Siegel -- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer based HIV-1 virion fusion assay -- Marielle Cavrois ... [et al.] -- Cell cycle analysis of asynchronous populations / Michael G. Ormerod -- Solid tumor DNA content analysis / Adel K. El-Naggar and Philippe Vielh --Concurrent flow cytometric analysis of DNA and RNA / Adel K. El-Naggar -- Telomere length measurement by fluorescenece in situ hybridization and flow cytometry / Veena Kapoor and William G. Telford -- Small lasers in flow cytometry / William G. Telford -- Viable infectious cell sorting in a BSL-3 facility / Stephen P. Perfetto ... [et al.].
- Folding for the synapse 2011, Springer
- Footmarks of innate immunity in the ovary and cytokeratin-positive cells as potential dendritic cells 2011, Springer
- Functional ultrastructure. 2nd, rev. and enl. ed. 2010, Springer
- Fundamentals of Pap test cytology 2007, SpringerA short dictionary of the Pap test -- Analogies in the Pap test : "Of corn flakes and raisins" -- Basic cytology principles -- Basic anatomy and cytology of the female genital tract -- The Bethesda system -- Liquid-based cytology -- Physiological cytology -- Reactive changes and organisms -- Human papillomavirus in cervical carcinogenesis -- Atypical squamous cells -- Low-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- High-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion -- Invasive squamous carcinoma -- Endocervical lesions -- Endometrial lesions -- Metastatic tumors -- Therapy-related changes -- Artifacts, contaminants, and incidental findings -- Screening and management guidelines of Pap test and newer techniques.
- Gap junctions in development and disease 2005, Springer
- Gasotransmitters 2012, Springer"The gases termed gasotransmitters play an increasingly important role in understanding how signalling into and between cells is modulated and fine-tuned. The advent of gasotransmitters has profoundly changed our way of thinking about biosynthesis, liberation, storage and action mechanisms in cellular signaling. In recent years an impressive amount of new data, distributed throughout the existing literature, has been generated. For this book the editors have recruited distinguished colleagues in the field to summarize and review important biological, pharmacological and medical functions and their implications, as well as methods for the detection of gasotransmitters."--P.  of cover.
- Genetic engineering of mesenchymal stem cells 2006, Springer
- Genome integrity 2007, SpringerFrom microorganisms to humans, this volume provides an interdisciplinary overview of how genome integrity is maintained. It begins with DNA replication and continues with replicative DNA repair and pleiotropic protein interactions. It also reviews the cellular responses to radiation and genotoxic stress affecting whole genomes.
- Germ cell development in C. elegans 2013, Springer
- Glioma signaling 2013, Springer
- Glycans in diseases and therapeutics 2011, SpringerHeparan sulfate proteoglycan in inflammation and angiogenesis / Lianchun Wang -- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans in infection / Allison H. Bartlett and Pyong Woo Park -- Glycans in cancer / Lubor Borsig -- Glycosaminoglycans in atherosclerosis and thrombosis / C.P. Vicente, J.A.P. Godoy, and C.C. Werneck -- Glycans in embryonic stem cells / Claire Pickford ... [et al.] -- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans in cancer therapy / Ezeddin Salem Gassar, Sherif A. Ibrahim, and Martin Götte -- Structure and biological activities of glycosaminoglycan analogs from marine invertebrates : new therapeutic agents? / Eliene O. Kozlowski ... [et al.]
- GTPase protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Guide to signal pathways in immune cells 2009, Springer
- Hair follicle 2005, Springer
- Handbook of cell signaling. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirect
- Handbook of dynein 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book draws together recent data on both cytoplasmic and flagellar dyneins and the proteins they interact with, to give readers a clear picture of what is currently known about the structure and mechanics of these remarkable macro-molecular machines. Each chapter is written by active researchers, with a focus on currently used biophysical, biochemical, and cell biological methods. This is a useful handbook for frontline researchers as well as a textbook for advanced students."--P.  of cover.
- "Reflecting the milestones in the field that have occurred since the publication of the first edition, this book provides an updated tool kit that incorporates conventional as well as modern approaches to tackling biological and medicinal research in the post genomic era. The authors have evaluated, revised, and sometimes replaced all protocols with more efficient, reliable, or simpler ones. The book is also completely reorganized and covers topics of modern "omics" approaches, including genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. This is followed coverage of the Manipulation of Biological Systems, including RNAi, and the use of microscopy"--Provided by publisher.
- Handbook of practical immunohistochemistry 2011, SpringerQuality management and regulation / Jeffrey Prichard -- Technique and troubleshooting of antibody testing / Fan Lin and Jianhui Shi -- Overview of automated immunohistochemistry / Jeffrey Prichard, Angela Bitting, and Joe Myers -- Automated staining : Dako perspective / Ole F. Rasmussen and Andreas Schønau -- Automated staining : Ventana perspective / Angela Sattler -- Tissue microarray / Myra Wilkerson and Erin Powell -- Unknown primary/undifferentiated neoplasms in surgical and cytologic specimens / Fan Lin and Haiyan Liu -- Exfoliative cytopathology / Steven Meschter and Jan F. Silverman -- Predictive markers of breast cancer : ER, PR, and HER2 / Jeffrey Prichard, David Hicks, and Elizabeth Hammond -- Central and peripheral nerve system tumors / Hueizhi (Hope) Wu, Conrad Schuerch, and Douglas C. Miller -- Thyroid and parathyroid gland / Haiyan Liu, Fan Lin, and Ronald A. DeLellis -- Adrenal gland / Hanna G. Kaspar -- Salivary gland and other head and neck structures / Conrad Schuerch -- Lung, pleura, and mediastinum / Kai Zhang and Phillip Cagle -- Breast / Haiyan Liu -- Uterus / Hanna G. Kaspar -- Ovary / Jeffrey Prichard, Haiyan Liu, and Myra Wilkerson -- Prostate gland / Haiyan Liu, Fan Lin, and Qihui (Jim) Zhai -- Urinary bladder / Myra Wilkerson -- Kidney / Fan Lin and Ximing J. Yang -- Testis and paratesticular tissues / Myra Wilkerson -- Pancreas and ampulla / Fan Lin and Hanlin L. Wang -- Liver, bile ducts, and gallbladder / Jeffrey Prichard and Fan Lin -- Upper gastrointestinal tract / Jinhong Li and Fan Lin -- Lower gastrointestinal tract and microsatellite instability / Jinhong Li and Fan Lin -- Soft tissue and bone tumors / Shaobo Zhu and Markku Miettinen -- Lymph node / Xiaohong (Mary) Zhang and Nadine S. Aguilera -- Bone marrow / R. Patrick Dorion and Xiaohong (Mary) Zhang -- Infectious diseases / Dirk M. Elston, Lawrence E. Gibson, and Heinz Kutzner -- Skin / Tammie Ferringer -- Application of direct immunofluorescence for the skin and mucosal biopsies : a practical review / William B. Tyler -- In situ hybridization in surgical and cytologic specimens / Hong Yin and Barbara Paynton.
- Hematopoietic stem cell biology 2010, Springer
- Hematopoietic stem cell development 2006, SpringerOrigin and fate of hematopoietic precursors in the early mouse embryo / Julien Yuan Bertrand ... [et al.] -- Hematopoietic development in drosophila: a parallel with vertebrates / Marie Meister and Shubha Govind -- Intraembryonic development of hematopoietic stem cells during human ontogeny: expression analysis / Caroline Marshall -- Gene and cell therapy involving hematopoietic stem cell / Isabelle André-Schmutz and Marina Cavazzana-Calvo.Ventral and dorsal contributions to hematopoiesis in xenopus / Aldo Ciau-Uitz, Maggie Walmsley and Roger Patient -- Genetic dissection of hematopoiesis using the zebrafish / Rebecca A. Wingert and Leonard I. Zon -- Extra- and intraembryonic HSC commitment in the avian model / Thierry Jaffredo ... [et al.] -- Avian lymphopoiesis and transcriptional control of hematopoietic stem cell differentiation / Jussi Liippo and Olli Lassila -- Yolk sac development in mice / James Palis -- Long-term reconstituting hematopoietic stem cell capacity in the embryo / Mervin C. Yoder -- The endothelium: the cradle of definitive hematopoiesis? / Katrin Ottersbach and Elaine Dzierzak -- Endothelial and hematopoietic cells in the intraembryonic compartment / Fumio Arai and Toshio Suda --
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation 2009, Springer
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerStem cell biology / Elizabeth O. Hexner and Stephen G. Emerson -- Stem cell transplantation for hematologic malignancies / Effie W. Petersdorf -- Immunobiology of transplantation / Robert S. Negrin -- Allogeneic and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukemia and acute myelogenous leukemia in the adult / Anthony Stein and Stephen J. Forman -- Hematopoietic cell transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemia / Uday Popat and Sergio Giralt -- Stem cell transplantation for Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas / John W. Sweetenham -- Transplantation in chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Rifca Le Diew and John G. Gribben -- Stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma / John Koreth and Kenneth C. Anderson -- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and myeloproliferative disorders / Aravind Ramakrishnan and H. Joachim Deeg -- Stem cell transplantation for marrow failure / Philippe Armand and Joseph H. Antin -- Stem cell transplantation for hemoglobinopathies / Catherine J. Wu -- Stem cell sources for allogeneic transplantation / Corey Cutler -- Allogeneic unrelated donor blood and marrow transplantation / Daniel Weisdorf -- Umbilical cord hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Mitchell E. Horwitz and Nelson Chao -- Haploidentical stem cell transplantation / Bimalangshu R. Dey and Thomas R. Spitzer -- Ablative preparative regimens for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Amin Alousi and Marcos de Lima -- Nonmyeloablative transplantation / Frédéric Baron and Brenda M. Sandmaier -- Immune reconstitution after allogeneic transplantation / Carolyn A. Keever-Taylor -- Infection in the hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipient / Francisco M. Marty and Lindsey R. Baden -- EBV lymphoproliferative disease after transplantation / Stephen Gottschalk, Cliona M. Rooney, and Helen E. Heslop -- Hepatic veno-occlusive disease / Erica Linden and Paul Richardson -- Lung injury after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Kenneth R. Cooke and Gregory Yanik -- Quality of life issues post-transplantation / Stephanie J. Lee -- Pathophysiology of acute graft-versus-host disease / Pavan Reddy and James L.M. Ferrara -- Acute graft-versus-host disease / Martin Benesch and H. Joachim Deeg -- Chronic Graft-versus-host disease / Javier Bolaños-Meade and Georgia B. Vogelsang -- Graft manipulation : T cell depletion and tumor cell purging / Vincent T. Ho -- Donor lymphocyte infusions : clinical applications and the graft-versus-leukemia effect / Edwin P. Alyea -- Regenerative medicine : application in cardiovascular diseases / Emerson C. Perin, Guilherme V. Silva, and Marlos R. Fernandes.
- Hepatocyte transplantation 2009, Springer ProtocolsHuman hepatocyte transplantation overview / Juliana Puppi and Anil Dhawan -- Isolation of human hepatocytes / Ragai R. Mitry -- An optimised method for cryopreservation of human hepatocytes / Claire Terry and Robin D. Hughes -- Liver cell culture techniques / José V. Castell and María José Gómez-Lechón -- In-vitro assays for induction of drug metabolism / Brian G. Lake ... [et al.] -- Hepatocyte apoptosis / Mustapha Najimi, Françoise Smets, and Etienne Sokal -- Small animal models of hepatocyte transplantation / Jurgen Seppen, Ebtisam El Filali, and Ronald Oude Elferink -- Hepatocyte transplantation techniques : large animal models / Anne Weber, Marie Thérèse Groyer-Picard, and Ibrahim Dagher -- Cell transplant techniques : engraftment detection of cells / Robert A. Fisher and Valeria R. Mas -- Hepatic preconditioning for transplanted cell engraftment and proliferation / Yao-Ming Wu and Sanjeev Gupta -- Ex vivo gene transfer into hepatocytes / Xia Wang ... [et al.] -- Sources of adult hepatic stem cells : haematopoietic / Rosemary Jeffery, Richard Poulsom, and Malcolm R. Alison -- Production of hepatocyte-like cells from human amnion / Toshio Miki ... [et al.] -- Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Niloufar Safinia and Stephen L. Minger -- Isolation, in vitro cultivation, and characterisation of foetal liver cells / Yue Wu, Chetan C. Shatapathy, and Stephen L. Minger -- Human intrahepatic biliary epithelial cell lineages : studies in vitro / Ruth Joplin and Stivelia Kachilele -- Liver cell labelling with MRI contrast agents / Michel Modo, Thomas J. Meade, and Ragai R. Mitry -- Microbiological monitoring of hepatocyte isolation in the GMP laboratory / Sharon C. Lehec.
- Hepatocytes 2010, Springer Protocols1. General review on in vitro hepatocyte models and their applications / Christiane Guguen-Guillouzo and Andre Guillouzo -- 2. Human foetal hepatocytes / Anne Weber ... [et al.] -- 3. Isolation and culture of primary hepatocytes from resected human liver tissue / Edward L. LeCluyse and Eliane Alexandre -- 4. Optimisation of the cryopreservation of primary hepatocytes / Nicola J. Hewitt -- 5. Cryopreservation of human hepatocytes for clinical use / Ragai R. Mitry, Sharon C. Lehec, and Robin D. Hughes -- 6. Hepatocyte differentiation / Katy M. Olsavsky Goyak, Elizabeth M. Laurenzana, and Curtis J. Omiecinski -- 7. Reversible manipulation of apoptosis sensitivity in cultured hepatocytes by matrix-mediated manipulation of signaling activities / Patricio Godoy ... [et al.] -- 8. Markers and signaling factors for stem cell differentiation to hepatocytes / Frédéric Lemaigre -- 9. Hepatic stem cells / Robert E. Schwartz and Catherine Verfaillie -- 10. Hepatic stem cells and liver development / Nalu Navarro-Alvarez, Alejandro Soto-Gutierrez, and Naoya Kobayashi -- 11. Generation of hepatocytes from human embryonic stem cells / Neta Lavon -- 12. Isolation and culture of adult human liver progenitor cells / Sabine Gerbal-Chaloin ... [et al.] -- 13. The HepaRG cell line / Marie-Jeanne Marion, Olivier Hantz, and David Durantel -- 14. Transdifferentiation of pancreatic cells to hepatocytes / Chia-Ning Shen and David Tosh -- 15. Evaluation of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions and in vitro hepatotoxicity with cryopreserved human hepatocytes / Albert P. Li -- 16. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate drug metabolism and CYP enzyme induction / Sylvie Klieber ... [et al.] -- 17. The use of hepatocytes to investigate UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and sulfotransferases / Sylvie Fournel-Gigleux ... [et al.] -- 18. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug uptake transporters / Kazuya Maeda and Yuichi Sugiyama -- 19. Metabonomic studies on human hepatocyte in primary culture / Vincent Croizmarie ... [et al.] -- 20. The application of HepRG cells in evaluation of cytochrome P450 induction properties of drug compounds / Tommy B. Andersson -- 21. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug toxicity / María José Gómez-Lechón, José V. Castell, Maria Teresa Donato -- 22. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate bile acid synthesis / Ewa C.S. Ellis and Lisa-Mari Nilsson -- 23. The use of human hepatocytes to investigate blood coagulation factor / Christine Biron-Andréani ... [et al.] -- 24. Use of human hepatocytes to investigate HCV infection / Lydiane Pichard-Garcia ... [et al.] -- 25. The use of hepatocytes to investigate HDV infection / Camille Sureau -- 26. Rodent models of liver repopulation / Helène Gilgenkrantz -- 27. Chimeric mice with humanized liver / Stephen C. Strom, Julio Davila, and Markus Grompe -- 28. Bioartificial liver support systems / Gesine Pless -- 29. Human hepatocyte transplantation / Anil Dhawan ... [et al.].
- High content screening 2006, Springer Protocols
- Histochemical and cytochemical methods of visualization 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Histology & cell biology. 5th ed. 2010, AccessMedicinePt 1. Fundamental concepts -- pt 2. The four basic tissue types -- pt 3. Organs and organ systems .
- HIV interactions with dendritic cells 2013, Springer
- HIV interactions with host cell proteins 2009, SpringerPreface -- Host restriction of HIV-1 by APOBEC3 and viral evasion through Vif -- Interactions of viral protein U (Vpu) with cellular factors -- TRIM5alpha -- Human immunodeficiency virus type-1 Gag and host vesicular trafficking pathways -- The roles of tetraspanins in HIV-1 replication -- Imaging of HIV/host protein interactions -- Virological and cellular roles of the transcriptional coactivator LEDGF/p75 -- Implications of Nef: host cell interactions in viral persistence and progression to AIDS -- Vpr and its interactions with cellular proteins.
- Hormonal control of cell cycle 2008, Springer
- Human adult stem cells 2009, Springer1. Neural progenitors / Dustin R. Wakeman ... [et al.] -- 2. Multipotent stromal cells (hMSCs) / Margaret Wolfe ... [et al.] -- 3. Endothelium / Sangmo Kwon, Takayuki Asahara -- 4. Lung / Rabindra Tirouvanziam, Megha Makam, Bruno Péault -- 5. Eye / Maria Notara ... [et al.] -- 6. Colon / F. Iovino ... [et al.] -- 7. Spermatogonia / Makoto C. Nagano, Jonathan R. Yeh, Khaled Zohni -- 8. Hair follicle pluripotent stem (hfPS) cells / Robert M. Hoffman -- 9. Pancreas / Fang-Xu Jiang, Grant Morahan -- 10. Prostate / C. Foley ... [et al.].
- Human cell culture protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsEstablishment and maintenance of normal human keratinocyte cultures / Claire Linge -- Cultivation of normal human epidermal melanocytes in the absence of phorbol esters / Mei-Yu Hsu, Ling Li, and Meenhard Herlyn -- Isolation and culture of human osteoblasts / Alison Gartland ... [et al.] -- Human osteoclast culture from peripheral blood monocytes : phenotypic characterization and quantitation of resorption / Katherine A. Buckley ... [et al.] -- Human chondrocyte cultures as models of cartilage-specific gene regulation / Mary B. Goldring -- Human myoblasts and muscle-derived SP cells / Grace K. Pavlath and Emanuela Gussoni -- Cell cultures of autopsy-derived fibroblasts / Volker Meske, Frank Albert, and Thomas G. Ohm -- Primary culture and differentiation of human adipocyte precursor cells / Vanessa van Harmelen, Thomas Skurk, and Hans Hauner -- Human mononuclear phagocytes in tissue culture / Yona Keisari -- Purification of peripheral blood natural killer cells / Bice Perussia and Matthew J. Loza -- Human fetal brain cell culture / Mark P. Mattson -- Culturing human schwann cells / Victor J. Turnbull --Well-differentiated human airway epithelial cell cultures / M. Leslie Fulcher ... [et al.] -- Isolation and culture of human alveolar epithelial cells / Carsten Ehrhardt, Kwang-Jin Kim, and Claus-Michael Lehr -- A new approach to primary culture of human gastric epithelium / Pierre Chailler and Daniel Ménard -- Isolation and culture of human colon epithelial cells using a modified explant technique employing a noninjurious approach / Hamid A. Mohammadpour -- Isolation and culture of human hepatocytes / Martin Bayliss and Graham Somers -- Glomerular epithelial and mesangial cell culture and characterization / Heather M. Wilson and Keith N. Stewart -- Isolation and culture of human renal cortical cells with characteristics of proximal tubules / Gabrielle M. Hawksworth -- Culture of parathyroid cells / Per Hellman -- Long-term culture and maintenance of human islets of langerhans in Memphis serum-free media / Daniel W. Fraga, A. Osama Gaber, and Malak Kotb -- Primary culture of human antral endocrine and epithelial cells / Susan B. Curtis and Alison M. J. Buchan -- Conjunctiva organ and cell culture / Monica Berry and Marcus Radburn-Smith -- Establishment and maintenance of in vitro cultures of human retinal pigment epithelium / Martin J. Stevens.
- Human cell transformation 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Multistep models -- pt. 2. Prostate cancer/stem cells -- pt. 3. Breast cancer/stem cells -- pt. 4. Multistep/genes.
- Human embryonic stem cell protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsHuman embryonic stem cells: isolation, maintenance and differentiation / Kursad Turksen and Tammy-Claire Troy -- Blastocyst culture for deriving human embryonic stem cells / Ariff Bongso -- Propagation of human embryonic stem cells on human feeder cells / Mark Richards and Ariff Bongso -- Derivation and maintenance of human embryonic stem cells / Michal Amit and Joseph Itskovitz-Eldor -- Isolation and characterization of human embryonic stem cells / Maisam Mitalipova and Gail Palmarini -- Routine culture and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells / Jim McWhir, Davina Wojtacha, and Alison Thomson -- Culture of human embryonic stem cells on human and mouse feeder cells / Gautam Dravid, Holly Hammond, and Linzhao Cheng -- Maintenance of human embryonic stem cells in animal serum- and feeder layer- free culture conditions / Michal Amit and Joseph Itskovitz-Eldor -- Manipulation of self-renewal in human embryonic stem cells through a novel pharmacological GSK-3 inhibitor / Noboru Sato and Ali H. Brivanlou -- Derivation of human feeders for prolonged support of human embryonic stem cells / Chui-Yee Fong and Ariff Bongso -- Transplantation of human embryonic stem cells to the chick embryo / Ronald S. Goldstein -- Derivation and characterization of neuronal precursors and dopaminergic neurons from human embryonic stem cells in vitro / Melissa Carpenter ... [et al.] -- In vitro differentiation of neural precursors from human embryonic stem cells / Xue-Jun Li and Su-Chun Zhang -- Derivation and characterization of hematopoietic cells from human embryonic stem cells / Lisheng Wang ... [et al.] -- Retroviral transduction of hematopoietic progenitors derived from human embryonic stem cells / Pablo Menendez ... [et al.] -- Genetic manipulation of human embryonic stem cells by transfection / Rachel Eiges -- Designing, testing, and validating a microarray for stem cell characterization / Yongquan Luo ... [et al.] -- Microarray approach to identify the signaling network responsible for self-renewal of human embryonic stem cells / Noboru Sato and Ali H. Brivanlou -- Massively parallel signature sequencing / Daixing Zhou ... [et al.] -- Confrontation cultures of embryonic stem cells with multicellular tumor spheroids to study tumor-induced angiogenesis / Maria Wartenberg ... [et al.] -- A novel experimental platform for investigating cancer growth and anti-cancer therapy in a human tissue microenvironment derived from human embryonic stem cells / Maty Tzukerman and Karl L. Skorecki -- The analysis of mitochondria and mitochondrial DNA in human embryonic stem cells / Justin C. St. John ... [et al.].
- Human stem cell manual. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Hyaluronan in cancer biology. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectAssociation between cancer and "acid mucopolysaccharides" : an old concept comes of age, finally -- Hyaluronan-CD44 interactions and chemoresistance in cancer cells -- Growth factor regulation of hyaluronan deposition in malignancies -- Hyaluronan binding protein 1 (HABP1/p32/gClqR) : a new perspective in tumor development -- CD44 meets Merlin and Ezrin : their interplay mediates the pro-tumor activity of CD44 and tumor-suppressing effect of Merlin -- Hyaluronan-mediated CD44 interaction with receptor and non-receptor kinases promotes oncogenic signaling, cytoskeleton activation, and tumor progression -- Adhesion and penetration : two sides of CD44 signal transduction cascades in the context of cancer cell metastasis -- Involvement of CD44, a molecule with a thousand faces, in cancer dissemination -- RHAMM/HMMR : an itinerant and multifunctional hyaluronan binding protein that modifies CD44 signaling and mitotic spindle formation -- Altered hyaluronan biosynthesis in cancer progression --Hyaluronidase : both a tumor promoter and suppressor -- The hyaluronidases in cancer biology -- Hyaluronan fragments : informational polymers commandeered by cancers -- Hyaluronan in human tumors : importance of stromal and cancer cell-associated hyaluronan -- The oncofetal paradigm revisited : MSF and HA as contextual drivers of cancer progression -- Hyaluronan synthesis and turnover in prostate cancer -- Role of hyaluronan in melanoma progression -- Role of hyaluronan metabolism in the initiation, invasion, and metastasis of breast cancer -- Clinical use of hyaluronidase in combination cancer chemotherapy : a historic perspective -- Exploring the hyaluronan:CD44 interaction for cancer therapy -- Hyaluronidase-2 and its role as a cell-entry receptor for sheep retroviruses that cause contagious respiratory tract cancers.
- Hydrogen peroxide and cell signaling. Part A-C. 1st ed. pt. A-C=, 2013, ScienceDirectPt. B ScienceDirectPt. C ScienceDirect
- IL-17, IL-22 and their producing cells. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerThe knowledge of Th17 cells and other cell populations which secrete IL-17A, and/or IL-22 has expanded tremendously since the publication of the first edition "Th17 Cells: Role in Inflammation and Autoimmune Disease" in 2008. The present volume has been completely revised with the addition of new chapters on the IL-17 receptor family and signaling, and an in-depth review of IL-22 and innate lymphoid cells. The differentiation of naïve T cells into regulatory T cells and Th17 cells as well as the plasticity of Th17 cells is discussed.
- Induced pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Induced pluripotent stem cells in brain diseases 2012, Springer
- Integrated cytology of cerebrospinal fluid 2008, Springer
- Intermediate filament cytoskeleton 2004, ScienceDirect
- Intracellular delivery : 2011, Springer
- Jak-Stat signaling 2012, SpringerThe Continuing Fascination with Jaks and Stats: An Introduction /Thomas Decker and Mathias Müller --Regulation of JAKs: Insights Gleaned from the Functional Protein Domains /Claude Haan, Daniela Ungureanu, Tuija Pekkala, Olli Silvennoinen and Serge Haan --Nuclear Functions of the Janus Kinases /Mark A. Dawson and Andrew J. Bannister --Self-association of STAT Proteins from Monomers to Paracrystals /Mathias Droescher and Uwe Vinkemeier --How Stats Interact with the Molecular Machinery of Transcriptional Activation /Amanda M. Jamieson, Matthias Farlik and Thomas Decker --Nongenomic Functions of STAT3 /Daniel J. Gough, Pravin Sehgal and David E. Levy --Evolution of Jak and Stat Proteins /Claus Vogl, Priyank Shukla and Ingo Ebersberger --JAK/STAT and Chromatin Regulation in Drosophila /Kriti Gaur and Willis X. Li --JAK/STAT Signaling and Invertebrate Immune Responses /Feng Zhou and Hervé Agaisse --Stat5 as a Hematopoietic Master Regulator for Differentiation and Neoplasia Development /Harini Nivarthi, Katrin Friedbichler and Richard Moriggl --Regulation of Dendritic Cell Development by STATs /Haiyan S. Li and Stephanie S. Watowich.STAT Transcription Factors: Controlling All Aspects of NK Cell Biology /Eva Maria Putz, Eva Zebedin and Veronika Sexl --Function of JAKs and STATs in Lymphocytes: Bench to Bedside /Alejandro Villarino, Xiang-Ping Yang, Kiyoshi Hirahara, Yuka Kanno and John J. O' Shea, et al. --The Role of Janus Kinases in Hematopoietic Malignancies /Damla Olcaydu and Robert Kralovics --Activation of Janus Kinases During Tumorigenesis /Jeffrey W. Schmidt and Kay-Uwe Wagner --STAT1 and STAT3 Transcription Factors in Inflammation-associated Colon Cancer /Paulina Rampetsreiter and Robert Eferl --Universal and Specific Functions of STAT3 in Solid Tumours /Lidia Avalle, Gabriella Regis and Valeria Poli --Impact of STAT5 on Normal Tissue Development and Cancer /Maria M. Caffarel and Christine J. Watson --Crosstalk with the Jak-STAT Pathway in Inflammation /Lionel B. Ivashkiv --Activation and Inhibition of JAK-STAT Signal Transduction by RNA Viruses /Curt M. Horvath --Multifaceted Antiviral Actions of Interferon-stimulated Gene Products /Birgit Strobl, Nicole R. Leitner and Mathias Müller --Interferon Regulation of the Innate Response to Bacteria /Ali Abdul-Sater and Christian Schindler.
- Kinetochore 2009, SpringerCentromeres and kinetochores : an historical perspective /Kerry S. Bloom --The basics of chromosome segregation /Mitsuhiro Yanagida --The centromere /Beth A. Sullivan --Neocentromeres /Owen J. Marshall and K.H. Andy Choo --Human artificial centromeres : de novo assembly of functional centromeres on human artificial chromosomes /Hiroshi Masumoto, Teruaki Okada, and Yasuhide Okamoto --Kinetochore composition, formation, and organization /Tatsuo Fukagawa and Peter De Wulf --Evolution of centromeres and kinetochores : a two-part fugue /Paul B. Talbert, Joshua J. Bayes, and Steven Henikoff --Mitotic spindle assembly mechanisms /Rebecca Heald and Claire E. Walczak --Kinetochore-microtubule interactions /Lesley Clayton and Tomoyuki U. Tanaka --Post-translational modifications that regulate kinetochore activity /Chitra V. Kotwaliwale and Sue Biggins --The role of the kinetochore in spindle checkpoint signaling /P. Todd Stukenberg and Daniel J. Burke --Kinetochore regulation of anaphase and cytokinesis /Scott Thomas and Kenneth B. Kaplan --Roles of centromeres and kinetochores in meiosis /Adele L. Marston --The kinetochore-cancer connection /Takeshi Tomonaga --The kinetochore as target for cancer drug development /Song-tao Liu and Tim J. Yen.
- Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive biology 2013, Springer
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Chemical genomics ......................
- Chromatin dynamics in cellular functi...
- — Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive ...
- Koss's Cytology of the urinary tract ...
- — Protein phosphorylation in aging and ...
- Proteins ...............................
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases