Books by Subject
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Chemical genomics ......................
- Chromatin dynamics in cellular functi...
- — Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive ...
- Koss's Cytology of the urinary tract ...
- — Protein phosphorylation in aging and ...
- Proteins ...............................
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Abstracts of papers presented at the LXXIII Cold Spring Harbor Symposium on Quantitative Biology 2008, Cold Spring Harb Lab Press
- Acute neuronal injury 2010, Springer
- Adhesion protein protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer Protocols
- Adhesion-GPCRs 2010, SpringerThe adhesion GPCRs : gene repertoire, phylogeny, and evolution / Helgi B. Schith, Karl J.V. Nordstrom, and Robert Fredriksson -- Cadherins : developmental roles and future challenges / Caroline J. Formstone -- Latrophilin signalling in tissue polarity and morphogenesis / Tobias Langenhan and Andreas P. Russ -- GPS proteolytic cleavage of adhesion-GPCRs / Hsi-Hsien Lin ... [et al.] -- The latrophilins : "split-personality" receptors / John-Paul Silva and Yuri A. Ushkaryov -- Studies on the very large G protein-coupled-receptor : from initial discovery to determining its role in sensorineural deafness in higher animals / D. Randy McMillan and Perrin C. White -- Adhesion-GPCRs in the CNS / Natalie Strokes and Xianhua Piao -- GPR56 interacts with extracellular matrix and regulates cancer progression / Lei Xu -- Adhesion-GPCRs in tumorigenesis / Gabriela Aust -- Immunity and adhesion-GPCRs / Simon Yona, Hsi-Hsien Lin, and Martin Stacey -- CD97 in leukocyte trafficking / Jorg Hamann ... [et al.] -- The role of CD97 in regulating adaptive T-cell responses / Ian Spendlove and Ruhcha Sutavani -- F4/80 : the macrophage specific adhesion-GPCR and its role in immunoregulation / Hsi-Hsien Lin ... [et al.] -- Signal transduction mediated through adhesion-GPCRs / Norikazu Mizuno and Hiroshi Itoh -- Emerging roles of brain specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1 / Daeho Park and Kodi S. Ravichandran -- Adhesion-GPCRs in the male reproductive tract / Ben Davies and Christiane Kirchhoff.
- Adhesive interactions in normal and transformed cells 2011, Springer
- Adipose stem cells and regenerative medicine 2011, Springer
- Adipose tissue biology 2012, Springer1. Adipocyte Precursors: Developmental Origins, Self-Renewal, and Plasticity / Christian Dani and Nathalie Billon -- 2. Adipocyte Differentiation / José María Moreno-Navarrete and José Manuel Fernández-Real -- 3. Brown Adipose Tissue / Martin Klingenspor and Tobias Fromme -- 4. White Adipose Tissue / Stephane Gesta and C. Ronald Kahn -- 5. Sex Differences in Body Fat Distribution / Alain Veilleux and André Tchernof -- 6. Macrophages and Inflammation / Elise Dalmas, Joan Tordjman, Michèle Guerre-Millo, and Karine Clément -- 7. Adipocyte Growth and Factors Influencing Adipocyte Life Cycle / Srujana Rayalam and Clifton A. Baile -- 8. The Evolution of Mammalian Adipose Tissue / Caroline M. Pond -- 9. Dietary Determinants of Fat Mass and Body Composition / María A. Zulet, María J. Moreno-Aliaga, and J. Alfredo Martínez -- 10. The Genetic Determinants of Common Obesity-Susceptibility / Ruth J.F. Loos -- 11. Early Origins of Obesity and Developmental Regulation of Adiposity / Shalini Ojha and Helen Budge.
- Adipose-derived stem cells 2011, Springer ProtocolsIsolation and culture of rhesus adipose-derived stem cells -- Isolation of human adipose-derived stem cells from lipoaspirates -- Isolation of murine adipose-derived stem cells -- In vitro adult rat adipose tissue-derived stromal cell isolation and differentiation -- In vitro adult canine adipose tissue-derived stromal cell growth characteristics -- Adipogenic differentiation of adult equine mesenchymal stromal cells -- Isolation and culture of porcine adipose tissue-derived somatic stem cells -- Automated isolation and processing of adipose-derived stem and regenerative cells -- Methods for the purification and characterization of human adipose-derived stem cells -- Characterization of human adipose-derived stem cells using flow cytometry -- Evaluation of cellular and humoral immune responses to allogeneic adipose-derived stem/stromal cells -- Adipose-derived stromal cells: Cytokine expression and immune cell contaminants -- Gel-based and gel-free proteomic technologies -- Adipogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells -- Three-dimensional culture systems to induce chondrogenesis of adipose-derived stem cells -- Neural differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived stem cells -- Osteogenic differentiation strategies for adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells -- Generation of adipose stromal cell-derived hepatic cells -- Adipose stem cell differentiation into smooth muscle cells -- Endothelial and cardiac regeneration from adipose tissues -- Epithelial differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells -- Screening for epigenetic target genes that enhance reprogramming using lentiviral-delivered shRNA -- Adipogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells on 3D silk scaffolds -- A first approach for the production of human adipose tissue-derived stromal cells for therapeutic use -- Viral transduction of adipose-derived stem cells -- Use of adipose-derived stem cells in high-throughput screening to identify modulators of lipogenesis -- Preservation protocols for human adipose tissue-derived adult stem cells -- Soft tissue reconstruction -- Methods for analyzing microRNA expression and function during osteogenic differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells -- The generation and the manipulation of human multipotent adipose-derived stem cells -- Cell sheet technology for tissue engineering: The self-assembly approach using adipose-derived stromal cells -- Differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells for tendon repair -- Adipose-derived stem cells for skin regeneration -- Adipose-derived stem cells for periodontal tissue regeneration.
- Adult and embryonic stem cells 2012, Springer
- Adult stem cells 2006, ScienceDirectEctoderm -- Mesoderm -- Endoderm -- Extraembryonic and perinatal stem cells.
- Adult stem cells 2011, Springer
- Advanced electroporation techniques in biology and medicine 2010, CRCnetBASE"A reflection of the intense study of the effects of electromagnetic fields on living tissues that has taken place during the last several decades, this book discusses the theoretical and experimental evidence and considerations the effects of strong electromagnetic fields and/or electric pulses and their importance in medicine and biology. The authors present the basic techniques applied in electroporation and the advanced methods for creation of nanopores, highlighting their basic science and clinical applications. Topics include nano electroporation, classic electroporation, experimental evidence for electroporation of living cells, and electroporation for cancer and wound healing"--Provided by publisher.
- Advances in cancer stem cell biology 2012, Springer
- Advances in mitochondrial medicine 2012, Springer
- Advances in nuclear architecture 2011, Springer
- Advances in stem cell aging 2012, KargerSpeakers at the symposium / Morita, M. -- Aging of the niche and the microenvironment and its role in stem cell aging / Geiger, H. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and cancer / Chen, Y., Ju, Z. -- DNA damage, checkpoint responses, and cell cycle control in aging stem cells / Kleinhans, K.N., Burkhalter, M.D. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and fate decision / Illing, A., Morita, Y. -- Stem cell therapy and stress response in pancreas and intestine -- Sperka, T., Omrani, O. -- Niche-stem cell interations and environmental influences / Tang, D. -- Stem cells and metabolism / Missios, P., Guachalla, L. -- Molecular mechanisms of muscle stem cell aging / Baig, A.H., Tümpel, S. -- Neural stem cells in development and aging / Schmidt-Strassburger, U.
- Advances in stem cell research 2012, SpringerAdvances in stem cell research discusses recent advances in stem cell science, including therapeutic applications. This volume covers such topics as biomanufacturing iPS cells for therapeutic applications, techniques for controlling stem cell fate decisions, as well as current basic research in such areas as germ line stem cells, genomics and proteomics in stem cell research. It is a useful book for biology and clinical scientists, especially young investigators and stem cell biology students who are newly entering the world of stem cells research. The editors hope that the new knowledge and research outlined in this book will help contribute to new therapies for a wide variety of diseases that presently afflict humanity.
- Advances in TNF family research 2011, SpringerRoles of the TNF family in tissue homeostasis and normal development -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF family: novel aspects of the functions of the TRAFs and cIAPs -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF: ubiquitin modification of signaling proteins -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF family: TNF signaling and gene regulatory networks -- Roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases and interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling: roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases -- Roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases and interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling: interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling -- Novel aspects of immune regulation by the TNF family -- Control of lymphocyte function and repertoire by the TNF family -- Advances in applying our knowledge to therapy: mechanisms of pathological and therapeutic effects of the TNF family -- Advances in applying our knowledge to therapy: rational design of new means for therapeutic modulation of function of the TNF family -- Roles of the TNF family in neuronal development, function, and pathology -- Cell death mechanisms controlled by the TNF family -- Contributors to abstracts of talks and posters at the 12th TNF Conference -- Abstracts of talks and posters presented at the 12th TNF Conference.
- Aging research in yeast 2012, SpringerIntroduction -- Oxidative stresses and ageing -- The role of mitochondria in the aging processes of yeast -- The retrograde response and other pathways of interorganelle communication in yeast replicative aging -- Chronological aging in Saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Aging and the survival of quiescent and non-quiescent cells in yeast stationary-phase cultures -- Maximising the yeast chronological lifespan -- Amino acid homeostasis and chronological longevity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae -- DNA damage and DNA replication stress in yeast models of aging -- Yeast aging and apoptosis -- Cellular homeostasis in fungi: impact on the aging process -- Genome-wide analysis of yeast aging -- Genetic approaches to aging in budding and fission yeasts: new connections and new opportunities -- Evolution of asymmetric damage segregaton: a modelling approach -- Cellular ageing and the actin cyoskeleton.
- Analyzing T cell responses 2005, Springer
- Animal cell technology meets genomics 2005, Springer
- Animal cell technology, basic & applied aspects 2009, Springer
- Apoptosis 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Apoptosis 2004, Springer1. Caspase Regulation at the Molecular Level / Hitto Kaufmann and Martin Fussenegger, p. 1-23 -- 2. The BCL-2 Family / Amelia Petch and Mohamed Al-Rubeai, p. 25-47 -- 3. The IGF-1 Receptor in Cell Survival: Signalling and Regulation / Patrick Kiely, Denise O'Gorman, Anthony Lyons and Rosemary O'Connor, p. 49-92 -- 4. Apoptosis in Hepatocytes / N. Mukwena and Mohamed Al-Rubeai, p. 93-106 -- 5. Programmed Cell Death in Plants During Development and Stress Responses / S. Panter and M. Dickman, p. 107-152 -- 6. A Systems View of Cell Death / Jeffrey Varner and Martin Fussenegger, p. 153-179 -- 7. The Role of Caspases in Apoptosis and Their Inhibition in Mammalian Cell Culture / T. Sauerwald and M. Betenbaugh, p. 181-210 -- 8. Improvement of Industrial Cell Culture Processes by Caspase-9 Dominant Negative and Other Apoptotic Inhibitors / Jana van De Goor, p. 211-221 -- 9. Therapeutic Small Molecule Inhibitors of BCL-2 / Pierre Beauparlant and Gordon Shore, p. 223-237 -- 10. Apoptosis Control Based on Down-Regulating the Inhibitor-of-Apoptosis (IAP) Proteins: Xiap Antisense and Other Approaches / E. Lacasse, p. 239-280 -- 11. Monitoring of Apoptosis / Adiba Ishaque and Mohamed Al-Rubeai, p. 281-306 -- 12. Molecular Imaging of Programmed Cell Death; from Basic Mechanisms to Clinical Applications / Bas Kietselaer, Chris Reutelingsperger and Leonard Hofstra, 307-27.
- Apoptosis 2009, Springer
- Apoptosis in carcinogenesis and chemotherapy 2009, Springer
- Apoptosome 2010, Springer
- Apoptotic chromatin changes 2009, Springer
- Arterial chemoreception 2012, Springer
- Arterial chemoreceptors 2009, Springer
- Astrocytes in (patho)physiology of the nervous system 2009, Springer
- Asymmetric cell division 2007, Springer
- Atlas of human pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Atomic force microscopy in cell biology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Autophagy and cancer 2013, SpringerThis book covers the latest advances in the field of autophagy and cancer from the basics of the molecular machinery for autophagy induction and regulation up to current areas of interest, including modulation of autophagy and drug discovery for cancer prevention and treatment. The reader will be initially introduced to the historical context of autophagy, followed by a summary of the key players in autophagy, a discussion on the origin of autophagosomes, and an overview of signal transduction regulation of autophagy. The next chapters deal with the complex relationship between autophagy and tumorigenesis through in-depth discussions of how autophagy influences cell survival, apoptosis, inflammation, immunity, tumor microenvironment, metabolic stress, DNA damage, and genomic instability. The remaining chapters discuss how autophagy affects cancer cell response to therapy and how to best modulate autophagy for therapeutic benefit - what to target and how to target. We hope that this monograph will be an invaluable reference source for professionals, students, postdoctoral fellows, and senior scientists working in the fields of autophagy and cancer.
- Autophagy in disease and clinical applications. Part C 2009, ScienceDirect
- Autophagy in infection and immunity 2009, Springer
- Autophagy, lower eukaryotes and non-mammalian systems. Part A 2008, ScienceDirect
- Basic cell culture protocols. 3rd ed. Springer ProtocolsCulture of primary adherent cells and a continuously growing nonadherent cell line / Cheryl D. Helgason -- Detection of mycoplasma contaminations / Cord C. Uphoff and Hans G. Drexler -- Eradication of mycoplasma contaminations / Cord C. Uphoff and Hans G. Drexler -- Authentication of scientific human cell lines: easy-to-use DNA fingerprinting / Wilhelm G. Dirks and Hans G. Drexler -- Cytogenetic analysis of cell lines / Roderick A.F. MacLeod and Hans G. Drexler -- Human and mouse hematopoietic colony-forming cell assays / Cindy L. Miller and Becky Lai -- Isolation and culture of murine macrophages / John Q. Davies and Siamon Gordon -- Isolation and culture of human macrophages / John Q. Davies and Siamon Gordon -- Development of T-lymphocytes in mouse fetal thymus organ culture / Tomoo Ueno ... [et al.] -- In vitro generation of lymphocytes from embryonic stem cells / Renée F. de Pooter, Sarah K. Cho and Juan Carlos Zúñiga-Pflücker --Hematopoietic development of human embryonic stem cells in culture / Xinghui Tian and Dan S. Kaufman -- Generation of murine stromal cell lines: models for the microenvironment of the embryonic mouse aorta-gonads-mesonephros region / Robert A.J. Oostendorp, Kirsty Harvey, and Elaine E. Dzierzak -- Culture of human and mouse mesenchymal cells / Emer Clarke -- Isolation, purification, and cultivation of murine and human keratinocytes / Frizell L. Vaughan and Ludmila I. Bernstam -- Isolation and culture of primary human hepatocytes / Edward L. LeCluyse ... [et al.] -- Primary kidney proximal tubule cells / Mary Taub -- Enzymatic dissociation and culture of normal human mammary tissue to detect progenitor activity / John Stingl, Joanne T. Emerman, and Connie J. Eaves -- Generation and differentiation of neurospheres from murine embryonic day 14 central nervous system tissue / Sharon A. Louis and Brent A. Reynolds -- Isolation and culture of skeletal muscle myofibers as a means to analyze satellite cells / Gabi Shefer and Zipora Yablonka-Reuveni -- Adult ventricular cardiomyocytes: isolation and culture / Klaus-Dieter Schlüter and Daniela Schreiber --Isolation and culture of primary endothelial cells / Bruno Larrivée and Aly Karsan -- Studying leukocyte rolling and adhesion in vitro under flow conditions / Susan L. Cuvelier and Kamala D. Patel -- Isolation and characterization of side population cells / Margaret A. Goodell, Shannon McKinney-Freeman, and Fernando D. Camargo -- Scalable production of embryonic stem cell-derived cells / Stephen M. Dang and Peter W. Zandstra.
- BetaSys 2011, Springer
- Biochemical roles of eukaryotic cell surface macromolecules 2012, SpringerGlycomics: An Overview of the Complex Glycocode / Garima Gupta and Avadhesha Surolia -- Structural Glycomic Approaches to Molecular Recognition Events on Cell Surfaces / Koichi Kato -- ISCSM2011 Chondroitin Sulfate E-type Structure at Tumor Cell Surface Is Involved in Experimental Metastasis / Kazuyuki Sugahara and Shuji Mizumoto -- Chondroitin Sulfate-Specific Novel Hydrolase in Human / Shuhei Yamada -- Identification of Endothelial Cell Surface Carbohydrate-Binding Receptors by Carbohydrate Ligand Mimicry Peptides / Michiko N. Fukuda -- Lysosomal Enzyme Sorting Receptors - Where Did They First Appear in the Animal Kingdom? / Suryanarayanaraju Vegiraju, Suresh Koduru and Siva Kumar Nadimpalli -- Endoplasmic Reticulum-Targeted Bcl-2 Inhibitable Mitochondrial Fragmentation Initiates ER Stress-Induced Cell Death / B. C. Bhavya, Deepa Indira, Mahendra Seervi, Jeena Joseph and Praveen K. Sobhan, et al. -- Interactions Between Caveolin-1 and Sphingolipids, and Their Functional Relevance / Sandro Sonnino, Simona Prioni, Vanna Chigorno and Alessandro Prinetti -- Cell Membrane Repair Pathway Involves Sensing of Dynamics of Caveolae and Caspase-1 / Saumya S. Srivastava and M. V. Krishnasastry -- Angiogenic Response of Endothelial Cells to Fibronectin / V. B. S. Kumar, R. I. Viji, M. S. Kiran and Perumana R. Sudhakaran -- Lactosylceramide Synthase as a Therapeutic Target to Mitigate Multiple Human Diseases in Animal Models / Subroto Chatterjee and Nezar Alsaeedi --Advanced FRET Methodologies: Protein-Lipid Selectivity Detection and Quantification / Fábio Fernandes, Manuel Prieto and Luís M. S. Loura -- Mechanism of GPCR-Directed Autoantibodies in Diseases / Hamiyet Unal, Rajaganapathi Jagannathan and Sadashiva S. Karnik -- Role of Membrane Cholesterol in Leishmanial Infection / Amitabha Chattopadhyay and Md. Jafurulla -- How Intact Is the Basement Membrane? Role of MMPs / S. Asha Nair, Sankar Jagadeeshan, Ramachandran Indu, Perumana R. Sudhakaran and M. R. Pillai -- Apoptosis of Breast Cancer Cells: Modulation of Genes for Glycoconjugate Biosynthesis and Targeted Drug Delivery / Subhash Basu, Rui Ma, Joseph R. Moskal, Manju Basu and Sipra Banerjee -- Altered Expression of Sialidases in Human Cancer / Taeko Miyagi, K. Takahashi, S. Moriya, K. Hata and K. Yamamoto, et al. -- Poly-ADP-Ribosylation of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Its Implications on Angiogenesis / S. Binu, S. J. Soumya, V. B. S. Kumar and Perumana R. Sudhakaran -- Sphingolipid-Binding Domain in the Serotonin1A Receptor / Amitabha Chattopadhyay, Yamuna Devi Paila, Sandeep Shrivastava, Shrish Tiwari and Pushpendra Singh, et al. -- Withanolide D, Carrying the Baton of Indian Rasayana Herb as a Lead Candidate of Antileukemic Agent in Modern Medicine / Susmita Mondal, Saptarshi Roy, Rita Maity, Asish Mallick and Rajender Sangwan, et al. -- Engineered Glucose to Generate a Spectroscopic Probe for Studying Carbohydrate Biology / Ashish Tripathi, Vibha Singh, K. G. Aishwarya, Gopala Krishna Aradhyam and Srinivas Hotha -- Changes in Sialic Acid Content of Jelly Coat in Pesticide-Exposed Frog Eggs and Their Influence on Fertilization / H. P. Gurushankara, S. V. Krishnamurthy and V. Vasudev.
- Biogenesis of cellular organelles 2005, SpringerTheory of organelle biogenesis : a historical perspective / Barbara M. Mullock and J. Paul Luzio -- Protein coats as mediators of intracellular sorting and organelle biogenesis / Chris Mullins -- The role of proteins and lipids in organelle biogenesis in the secretory pathway / Thomas F.J. Martin -- Endoplasmic reticulum biogenesis : proliferation and differentiation / Erik Snapp -- The golgi apparatus : structure, function and cellular dynamics / Nihal Altan-Bonnet and Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz -- Lysosome biogenesis and dynamics / Diane McVey Ward, Shelly L. Shiflett and Jerry Kaplan -- Nucleogenesis / Sui Huang -- Mitochondrial biogenesis / Danielle Leuenberger, Sean P. Curran and Carla M. Koehler -- The biogenesis and cell biology of peroxisomes in human health and disease / Stanley R. Terlecky and Paul A. Walton.
- Biological adhesives 2006, Springer
- Biological aging 2007, Springer Protocols
- Biology of subcellular nitric oxide 2012, Springer
- Biophysical tools for biologists. Vol. 1, In vitro techniques 2008, ScienceDirect
- Biophysical tools for biologists. Vol. 2, In vivo techniques 2008, ScienceDirect
- BLyS ligands and receptors 2010, Springer
- Breast cancer in the post-genomic era 2009, Springer
- Breast cytopathology 2007, Springer
- Caenorhabditis elegans. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectAn updated edition of the classic Methods in Cell Biology volume 48, this book emphasizes diverse methods and technologies needed to investigate C. elegans, both as an integrated organism and as a model system for research inquiries in cell, developmental, and molecular biology, as well as in genetics and pharmacology. By directing its audience to tried-and-true and cutting-edge recipes for research, this comprehensive collection is intended to guide investigators of C. elegans for years to come.
- Caenorhabditis elegans. 2nd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectPt.I Genetics and functional genomics :Mapping mutations in C. elegans /Eric J. Lambie --Specialized chromosomes and their uses in caenorhabditis elegans /Martin R. Jones,Zoe Lohn,Ann M. Rose --Genome engineering by transgene-instructed gene conversion in C. elegans /Valérie J.P. Robert,Jean-Louis Bessereau --RNAi methods and screening : RNAi based high-throughput genetic interaction screening /Patricia G. Cipriani,Fabio Piano --Dissection of genetic pathways in C. elegans /Zheng Wang,David R. Sherwood --Pt.II Molecular biology and biochemistry :Transgenesis in C. elegans /Vida Praitis,Morris F. Maduro --RNA processing in C. elegans /J. Jason Morton,Thomas Blumenthal --Analysis of microRNA expression and function /Priscilla M. Van Wynsberghe,Shih-Peng Chan,Frank J. Slack,Amy E. Pasquinelli --In situ hybridization of embryos with antisense RNA probes /Gina Broitman-Maduro,Morris F. Maduro --Gene-centered regulatory network mapping /Albertha J.M. Walhout --Affinity purification of protein complexes in C. elegans /Esther Zanin,Julien Dumont,RetoGassmann,Iain Cheeseman,Paul Maddox,Shirin Bahmanyar,Ana Carvalho,Sherry Niessen,John R. Yates III,Karen Oegema,Arshad Desai --Pt.III Development :Cell indentification and cell lineage analysis /Claudiu A. Giurumescu,Andrew D. Chisholm --Thegenetics and cell biology of fertilization /Brian D. Geldziler,Mathew R. Marcello,Diane C. Shakes,Andrew Singson --Imaging embryonic morphogenesis in C. elegans /Jeff Hardin --Molecular and genetic approaches for the analysis of C. elegans neuronal development /Dong Yan,Yishi Jin --Methods for evaluating the caenorhabditis elegans dauer state : standard dauer-formation assay using synthetic daumones and proteomic analysis of O-GIcNAc modifications /Jeeyong Lee,Kwang-Youl Kim,Kyoe-Jin Joo,Keekyeong Kim,Pan-Young Jeong,Young-Ki Paik.
- Calcium handling in hiPSC-derived cardiomyocytes 2012, SpringerCalcium Handling in hiPSC-Derived Cardiomyocytes --Myocardial Infarction and Heart Failure --Embryonic Stem Cells/Pluripotent Stem Cells --Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (hiPSC)-Derived Cardiomyocytes as a Source for Cardiac Regeneration --Spontaneous Cardiac Differentiation --Mesoderm Enrichment by Wnt-Signaling Growth Factors --Endoderm-Like Cell (END)-2 Co-culture Method --Calcium Homeostasis in Cardiomyocytes --Sarcoplasmic Reticulum (SR) Governs Maturity of Cardiomyocytes --SR Junctional Proteins Play a Role in Calcium Flux Between Cytosol and SR --Spatial and Temporal Ca2+ Wavefront Dictated by T-Tubule Structure --IP3-Mediated Calcium Release Contributes to Whole-Cell Calcium Transients --Calcium Handling Properties of hES-Derived Cardiomyocytes --Calcium Handling Properties of hiPSC-Derived Cardiomyocytes --iPSC-Derived Cardiomyocyte as a Potential Platform for Disease Modeling of the Impaired Calcium Handling-Related Syndrome --Disease Modeling of Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia (CPVT) --Mitochondrial Dysfunction-Related Cardiomyopathy-Impaired SR Ca2+ Reuptake --Measurement of Cytosolic [Ca2+] by Fluorescence Confocal Microscopy --Materials --Calibration of Fluo-3 --Isolation of hiPSC- and hESC-Derived Cardiomyocytes --Recording of Cytosolic [Ca2+] --RT-qPCR of Calcium Handling Proteins.
- Calcium in living cells. 1st ed. [i.e. 2nd ed.] 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. A Practical Guide to the Preparation of Ca2+ Buffers / Donald M. Bers, Chris W. Patton, Richard Nuccitelli -- Chapter 2. Photorelease Techniques for Raising or Lowering Intracellular Ca2+ / Robert Zucker -- Chapter 3. Making and Using Calcium-Selective Mini- and Microelectrodes / L. Hove-Madsen, S. Baudet, D.M. Bers -- Chapter 4. Construction, Theory, and Practical Considerations for using Self-referencing of Ca2+-Selective Microelectrodes for Monitoring Extracellular Ca2+ Gradients / Mark A. Messerli, Peter J.S. Smith -- Chapter 5. Practical Aspects of Measuring Intracellular Calcium Signals with Fluorescent Indicators / Joseph P.Y. Kao, Gong Li, Darryl A. Auston -- Chapter 6. Genetically Encoded Probes for Measurement of Intracellular Calcium / Michael Whitaker -- Chapter 7. Patch Clamp Methods for Studying Calcium Channels / David L. Armstrong, Christian Erxleben, Jody A. White -- Chapter 8. Nuclear Patch-Clamp Recording from Inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate Receptors / Taufiq Rahman, Colin W. Taylor -- Chapter 9. Confocal and Multiphoton Imaging of Intracellular Ca2+ / Godfrey Smith, Martyn Reynolds, Francis Burton, Ole Johan Kemi -- Chapter 10. The Use of Aequorins to Record and Visualize Ca2+ Dynamics: From Subcellular Microdomains to Whole Organisms / Sarah E. Webb, Kelly L. Rogers, Eric Karplus, Andrew L. Miller.
- Calcium signaling 2012, Springer"This volume ... [explores] topics ranging from the fundamental aspects of calcium signaling to its varied clinical implications. It presents comprehensive discussion of cutting-edge research alongside detailed analysis of critical issues, at the same time as setting out testable hypotheses that point the way to future scientific endeavors. The contributions feature material on theoretical and methodological topics as well as related subjects including mathematical modeling and simulations. They examine calcium signaling in a host of contexts, from mammalian cells to oocytes, zebrafish and plants. With much of interest to newcomers to the field as well as seasoned experts, this new publication is both wide-ranging and authoritative." --Excerpt from publisher's description.
- Calcium signalling and disease 2007, SpringerAnnexinopathies / M.J. Hayes ... [et al.] -- Calpains and human disease / I. Bertipaglia and E. Carafoli -- Gelsolin and diseases / L. Spinardi and W. Witke -- Guanylate cyclase-activating proteins and retina disease / W. Baehr and K. Palczewski -- Pathologies involving the S100 proteins and rage / C.W. Heizmann ... [et al.] -- The calcium-sensing receptor: Physiology, pathophysiology and CaR-based therapeutics / E.M. Brown -- Physiological roles of the Ca2+/CaM-dependent protein kinase cascade in health and disease / J. Colomer and A.R. Means -- Calcium channelopathies: Voltage-gated calcium channels / P.J. Adams and T.P. Snutch -- TRP channels in disease / S.E. Jordt and B.E. Ehrlich -- Diseases associated with altered ryanodine receptor activity / W.J. Durham ... [et al.] -- Inositol 1,4,5-tripshosphate receptor, calcium signalling and Huntington's disease / I. Bezprozvanny -- SERCA pumps and human diseases / A. Hovnanian -- The plasma membrane calcium ATPase and disease / B.L. Tempel and D.J. Shilling -- Diseases involving the Golgi calcium pump / J. Vanoevelen ... [et al.] -- Calcium signalling and cancer cell growth / T. Capiod ... [et al.] -- Calcium misregulation and the pathogenesis of muscular dystrophy / F.W. Hopf ... [et al.] -- Calcium and cell death / A. Verkhratsky -- Calcium and cell death: The mitochondrial connection / P. Bernardi and A. Rasola -- Role of calcium in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease and transgenic models / K.N. Green ... [et al.] -- Calcium and cardiomyopathies / E.G. Kranias and D.M. Bers -- Calcium signalling and calcium transport in bone disease / H.C. Blair ... [et al.].
- Cancer microenvironment and therapeutic implications 2009, Springer
- Cancer stem cells 2007, Springer
- Cancer stem cells in solid tumors 2011, SpringerCancer stem cells : historical perspectives and lessons from leukemia / Christopher R. Cogle -- Cancer stem cells in breast cancer / Jenny E. Chu and Alison L. Allan -- Cancer stem cells in brain cancer / Xin Wang, Chitra Venugopal, and Sheila K. Singh -- Cancer stem cells in colorectal cancer / Mauro Biffoni, Eros Fabrizi, and Lucia Ricci-Vitiani -- Cancer stem cells in pancreatic cancer / Jorge Dorado, Alicia G. Serrano, and Christopher Heeschen -- Cancer stem cells in prostate cancer / Paula Kroon ... [et al.] -- Cancer stem cells in melanoma / Ping Jin ... [et al.] -- Cancer stem cells in lung cancer / Jun Shen and Feng Jiang -- Cancer stem cells in ovarian cancer / Fang Fang ... [et al.] -- Cancer stem cells in hepatocellular cancer / Russell C. Langan and Itzhak Avital -- Cancer stem cells in head and neck cancer / Mark E.P. Prince and Samantha J. Davis -- Relationship between regulatory pathways in pluripotent stem cells and human tumors / Olga Gaidarenko and Yang Xu -- Influence of the embryonic microenvironment on tumor progression / Daniela Quail ... [et al.] -- The epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cells / Jonas Fuxe -- Application of stem cell assays for the characterization of cancer stem cells / Pamela M. Willan and Gillian Farnie -- Zebrafish as a model to study stem cells in development, disease, and cancer / Viviana Anelli, Cristina Santoriello, and Marina C. Mione -- Imaging cancer stem cells / Paula Foster -- Mouse models for studying normal and cancer stem cells / David A. Hess -- Cancer stem cells and disease prognosis / Zeshaan A. Rasheed, Jeanne Kowalski, and William H. Matsui -- Mechanisms of radioresistance in cancer stem cells / Cleo Y-F Lee and Maximilian Diehn -- The role of ABC transporters in cancer stem cell drug resistance / Vera S. Donnenberg, Ludovic Zimmerlin, and Albert D. Donnenberg -- Resistance to endocrine therapy in breast cancer : are breast cancer stem cells implicated? / Ciara S. O'Brien ... [et al.] -- Future directions : cancer stem cells as therapeutic targets / Alysha K. Croker and Alison L. Allan -- Final thoughts : complexity and controversy surrounding the "cancer stem cell" paradigm / Craig Gedye, Richard P. Hill, and Laurie Ailles.
- Caveolins and caveolae 2012, SpringerLipid rafts, caveolae, and GPI linked proteins / Valerie L. Reeves, Candice M. Thomas, and Eric J. Smart -- Caveolae and the regulation of endocytosis / Anna L. Kiss -- Caveolin : role in cell signaling / Cecile Boscher and Ivan Robert Nabi -- Regulation of ENOS in caveolae / Chieko Mineo and Philip W. Shaul -- Recent developments in the interactions between caveolin and pathogens / Fabiana S. Machado ... [et al.] -- Caveolin and breast cancer : a new clinical perspective / Isabelle Mercier and Michael P. Lisanti -- Caveolin and prostate cancer progression / Michael R. Freeman, Wei Yang, and Dolores Di Vizio -- Caveolins and caveolae, roles in insulin signalling, and diabetes / Peter Strolfors -- Atherosclerosis, caveolae, and caveolin / Stephanos Pavlides ... [et al.] -- Caveolins and heart diseases / Mathivadhani Panneerselvam, Hemal H. Patel, and David M. Roth -- Caveolins and lung function / Nikolaos A. Maniatis ... [et al.].
- Cell adhesion and cytoskeletal molecules in metastasis 2006, Springer
- Cell and molecular biology of plastids 2007, Springer
- Cell biological applications of confocal microscopy. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Cell biology of stem cells 2010, SpringerEarly embryonic cell fate decisions in the mouse / Yojiro Yamanaka and Amy Ralston -- Nuclear architecture in stem cells / Kelly J. Morris, Mita Chotalia, and Ana Pombo -- Epigenetic regulation of pluripotency / Eleni M. Tomazou and Alexander Meissner -- Autosomal lyonization of replication domains during early mammalian development / Ichiro Hiratani and David M. Gilbert -- Preservation of genomic integrity in mouse embryonic stem cells / Peter J. Stambrook and Elisia D. Tichy -- Transcriptional regulation in embryonic stem cells / Jian Chien, Dominic Heng, and Huck Hui Ng -- Alternative splicing in stem cell self renewal and differentiation / David A. Nelles and Gene W. Yeo -- MicroRNA regulation of embryonic stem cell self renewal and differentiation / Collin Melton and Robert Blelloch -- Telomeres and telomerase in adult stem cells and pluripotent embryonic stem cells / Rosa M. Marión and Maria A. Blasco -- X chromosome inactivation and embryonic stem cells / Tahsin Stefan Barakat and Joost Gribnau -- Adult stem cells and their niches / Francesca Ferraro, Cristina Lo Celso, and David Scadden -- Adult stem cell differentiation and trafficking and their implications in disease / Ying Zhuge, Zhao-Jun Liu, and Omaida C. Velazquez -- Vertebrates that regenerate as models for guiding stem cells / Christopher L. Antos and Elly M. Tanaka -- Reprogramming of somatic cells to pluripotency / Masato Nakagawa and Shinya Yamanaka.
- Cell biology of the axon 2009, Springer
- Cell biology. 2nd ed. 2004, Wileych. 1. Cells and Tissues, p. 1-18 -- ch. 2. From Water to DNA: The Chemistry of Life, p. 19-49 -- ch. 3. Membranes and Organelles, p. 51-63 -- ch. 4. DNA Structure and the Genetic Code, p. 65-85 -- ch. 5. DNA as a Data Storage Medium, p. 87-103 -- ch. 6. Transcription and the Control of Gene Expression, p. 105-127 -- ch. 7. Recombinant DNA and Genetic Engineering, p. 129-161 -- ch. 8. Manufacturing Protein, p. 163-181 -- ch. 9. Protein Structure, p. 183-211 -- ch. 10. Intracellular Protein Trafficking, p. 213-235 -- ch. 11. How Proteins Work, p. 237-256 -- ch. 12. Energy Trading within the Cell, p. 257-280 -- ch. 13. Metabolism, p. 281-308 -- ch. 14. Ions and Voltages, p. 309-324 -- ch. 15. The Action Potential, p. 325-340 -- ch. 16. Intracellular Signaling, p. 341-362 -- ch. 17. Intercellular Communication, p. 363-379 -- ch. 18. Mechanical Molecules, p. 381-400 -- ch. 19. Cell Cycle and Control of Cell Number, p. 401-422 -- ch. 20. Case Study: Cystic Fibrosis, p. 423-435 -- Appendix: Channels and Carriers, p. 437-440.
- Cell communication in nervous and immune system 2006, Springer
- Cell culture models of biological barriers 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Cell cycle checkpoint control protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- Cell cycle control 2004, Springer ProtocolsCell cycle molecules and mechanisms of the budding and fission yeasts / Tim Humphrey and Amanda Pearce -- The plant cell cycle: an overview / John H. Doonan -- The C. elegans cell cycle: overview of molecules and mechanisms / Sander van den Heuvel -- Developmental control of growth and cell cycle progression in drosophila / Lisa Swanhart, Jeremy Kupsco, and Robert J. Duronio -- The xenopus cell cycle: an overview / Anna Philpott and P. Renee Yew -- The mammalian cell cycle: an overview / Jane V. Harper and Gavin Brooks -- Synchronization of cell populations in G₁/S and G₂/M phases of the cell cycle / Jane V. Harper -- Mapping origins of DNA replication in eukaryotes / Susan A. Gerbi -- In situ assay for analyzing the chromatin binding of proteins in fission yeast / Stephen E. Kearsey ... [et al.] -- Application of magnetic beads to purify cells transiently transfected with plasmids encoding short hairpin RNAs / Peter D. Adams --Polo-like kinase-1: activity measurement and RNAi-mediated knockdown / Marcel A.T.M. van Vugt and René H. Medema -- The Ipl1/aurora kinase family: methods of inhibition and functional analysis in mammalian cells / Claire Ditchfield, Nicholas Keen, and Stephen S. Taylor -- Purification of the Ndc80 kinetochore subcomplex from xenopus eggs / Mark L. McCleland and P. Todd Stukenberg.The cell cycle and virus infection / Steven R. Emmett ... [et al.] -- Methods for preparation of proteins and protein complexes that regulate the eukaryotic cell cycle for structural studies / Julie Welburn and Jane Endicott -- E2F transcription factors and pRb pocket proteins in cell cycle progression / Ludger Hauck and Rüdiger von Harsdorf -- Forkhead (FOX) transcription factors and the cell cycle: measurement of DNA binding by foxO and foxM transcription factors / Katrina A. Bicknell -- Measurement of geminin activity in xenopus egg extracts / Thomas J. McGarry -- CDK-activating kinases: detection and activity measurements / Stéphane Larochelle and Robert P. Fisher -- Cyclins, cyclin-dependent kinases, and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors: detection methods and activity measurements / Gavin Brooks -- Measurement of wee kinase activity / Paul R. Mueller and Walter F. Leise -- CDC25 dual-specificity protein phosphatases: detection and activity measurements / Sorab N. Dalal and Melanie Volkening -- Assaying cell cycle checkpoints: activity of the kinase chk1 / Carmela Palermo and Nancy C. Walworth --
- Cell cycle control and dysregulation protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsThe biology of cyclins and cyclin-dependent protein kinases: an introduction / Lucio Miele -- In situ immunofluorescence analysis: immunofluorescence microscopy / Amjad Javed ... [et al.] -- In situ immunofluorescence analysis: analyzing RNA synthesis by 5-bromouridine-5'-triphosphate labeling / Amjad Javed ... [et al.] -- Immunofluorescence analysis using epitope-tagged proteins: in vitro system / Amjad Javed ... [et al.] -- Analysis of in vivo gene expression using epitope-tagged proteins / Amjad Javed ... [et al.] -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation / Amjad Javed ... [et al.] --Protein-deoxyribonucleic acid interactions linked to gene expression: electrophoretic mobility shift assay / Amjad Javed ... [et al.] -- Protein-deoxyribonucleic acid interactions linked to gene expression: DNase I digestion / Amjad Javed ... [et al.] -- Protein-deoxyribonucleic acid interactions linked to gene expression: ligation-mediated polymerase chain reaction / Amjad Javed ... [et al.] -- Assays for cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors / Adrian M. Senderowicz -- Protein degradation via the proteosome / Henry Hoff, Hong Zhang, and Christian Sell --The transformed phenotype / Henry Hoff ... [et al.] -- A morphologic approach to detect apoptosis based on electron microscopy / Martyn K. White and Caterina Cinti -- Detection of apoptotic deoxyribonucleic acid break by in situ nick translation / Carmela Trimarchi ... [et al.] -- Induction of deoxyribonucleic acid damage by alkylating agents / Salvatore Cortellino ... [et al.] -- Induction of deoxyribonucleic acid damage by γ irradiation / Salvatore Cortellino, David P. Turner and Alfonso Bellacosa -- Ultraviolet irradiation of cells / David P. Turner, Anthony T. Yeung, and Alfonso Bellacosa -- Transient production of retroviral- and lentiviral-based vectors for the transduction of mammalian cells / Tiziana Tonini ... [et al.] --Determination of functional viral titer by drug-resistance colony assay, expression of green fluorescent protein, and β-galactoside staining / Tiziana Tonini ... [et al.] -- Retroviral and lentiviral vector titration by the analysis of the activity of viral reverse transcriptase / Tiziana Tonini ... [et al.] -- Single and double colloidal gold labeling in postembedding immunoelectron microscopy / Nicoletta Zini ... [et al.] -- Multifluorescence labeling and colocalization analyses / Massimo Riccio ... [et al.].
- Cell cycle in development 2011, Springer
- Cell cycle regulation 2006, Springer
- Cell death in mammalian ovary 2011, SpringerBrief description of the histological, cytological and functional aspects of the ovary / María Luisa Escobar, Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Embryonic development of the ovary, sexual reproduction and meiosis / Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, María Luisa Escobar, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Development of the ovary in the embryo, infancy, childhood, pre-puberty and puberty / Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin ... [et al.] -- Apoptosis / María Luisa Escobar, Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Autophagy / María Luisa Escobar, Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Oncosis / María Luisa Escobar, Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Necrosis / Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, María Luisa Escobar, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Programmed cell death in fetal oocytes / Francesca Gioia Klinger and Massimo De Felici -- DNA damage and apoptosis in fetal and ovarian reserve oocytes / Massimo De Felici and Francesca Gioia Klinger -- Prefollicular cells / María Luisa Escobar, Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Prepubertal oocytes / Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, María Luisa Escobar, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Follicular cells / María Luisa Escobar, Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Follicular atresia in adult animals / Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, María Luisa Escobar, and Olga M. Echeverría -- Luteolysis / Gerardo H. Vázquez-Nin, María Luisa Escobar, and Olga M. Echeverría.
- Cell fusion in health and disease. I, Cell fusion in health 2011, Springer1.Introduction /Thomas Dittmar and Kurt S. Zänker --2.Heterochronic control of AFF-1-mediated cell-to-cell fusion in C. elegans /Lilach Friedlander-Shani and Benjamin Podbilewicz --3.Role of SNAREs in membrane fusion /Bhanu P. Jena --4.Molecular and cellular mechanisms of mammalian cell fusion /Xiaofeng Zhou and Jeffrey L. Platt --5.Membrane fusions during mammalian fertilization /Bart M. Gadella and Janice P. Evans --6.Trophoblast fusion /Berthold Huppertz and Martin Gauster --7.Macrophage fusion and multinucleated giant cells of inflammation /Amy K. McNally and James M. Anderson --8.Molecular mechanisms of myoblast fusion across species /Adriana Simionescu and Grace K. Pavlath --9.Cell-fusion-mediated reprogramming : pluripotency or transdifferentiation? : implications for regenerative medicine /Daniela Sanges, Frederic Lluis, and Maria Pia Cosma --10.Cell fusion and tissue regeneration /Manuel Álvarez-Dolado and Magdalena Martínez-Losa --11.Dendritic cell-tumour cell fusion vaccines /Walter T. Lee.
- Introduction / Thomas Dittmar and Kurt S. Zänker -- Horizontal Gene Transfers with or without Cell Fusions in All Categories of the Living Matter / Joseph G. Sinkovics -- Class III Viral Membrane Fusion Proteins / Marija Backovic and Theodore S. Jardetzky -- Human Trophoblast in Trisomy 21: A Model for Cell - Cell Fusion Dynamic Investigation / André Malassiné, Guillaume Pidoux, Pascale Gerbaud, Jean Louis Frendo and Danièle Evain-Brion -- Cell Fusion and Hyperactive Osteoclastogenesis in Multiple Myeloma / Franco Silvestris, Sabino Ciavarella, Sabino Strippoli and Franco Dammacco -- Cell Fusion Hypothesis of the Cancer Stem Cell / Xin Lu and Yibin Kang -- Expression of Macrophage Antigens by Tumor Cells / Ivan Shabo and Joar Svanvik -- Leukocyte-Cancer Cell Fusion: Initiator of the Warburg Effect in Malignancy? / Rossitza Lazova, Ashok Chakraborty and John M. Pawelek -- Cell Fusion, Drug Resistance and Recurrence CSCs / Christa Nagler, Kurt S. Zänker and Thomas Dittmar -- The Role of Microvesicles in Malignancies / Erna Pap.
- Cell fusions 2011, Springer
- Cell imaging techniques 2005, Springer ProtocolsMolecular beacons: fluorescent probes for detection of endogenous mRNAs in living cells -- Second-harmonic imaging of collagen -- Visualizing calcium signaling in cells by digitized wide-field and confocal fluorescent microscopy -- Multifluorescence labeling techniques and confocal laser scanning microscopy on lung tissue -- Evaluation of confocal microscopy system performance -- Quantitative analysis of atherosclerotic lesion composition in mice -- Applications of microscopy to genetic therapy of cystic fibrosis and other human diseases -- Laser scanning cytometry: principles and applications -- Near-clinical applications of laser scanning cytometry -- Laser capture microdissection -- Analysis of asbestos-induced gene expression changes in bronchiolar epithelial cells using laser capture microdissection and quantitative reverse transriptase-polymerase chain reaction -- New approaches to fluorescence in situ hybridization -- Microarray image scanning -- Near-field scanning optical microscopy in cell biology and cytogenetics -- Porosome: the fusion pore revealed by multiple imaging modalities -- Secretory vesicle swelling by atomic force microscopy -- Imaging and probing cell mechanical properties with the atomic force microscopy -- Reflection contrast microscopy: the bridge between light and electron microscopy -- Three-dimensional analysis of single particles by electron microscopy: sample preparation and data acquisition -- Three-dimensional reconstruction of single particles in electron microscopy: image processing -- A new microbiopsy system enables rapid preparation of tissue for high-pressure freezing.
- Cell migration Springer Protocols
- Cell migration, signalling and mechanisms 2010, KargerThe migrating cell / Entschladen, F., Zänker, K.S. -- Stem cell migration in health and disease / Dittmar, T. ... [et al.] -- Leukocyte motility and human disease / Cooper, K., Nuzzi, P., Huttenlocher, A. -- Coordination of leukocyte polarity and migration / Martín-Cófreces, N.B., Serrador, J.M., Sánchez-Madrid, F. -- Positioning phosphoinositide 3-kinase in chemokine and antigen-dependent T-lymphocyte navigation mechanisms / Ward, S.G. -- Migration of functionally specialized T-helper cells : TFH cells, Th17 cells, and FoxP3+ T cells / Kim, C.H. -- ADAMs and ectodomain proteolytic shedding in leukocyte and tumour cell migration / Ager, A., Knäuper, V., Poghosyan, Z. -- Guided tour of cell migration : signals and pathways / Ratke, J., Lang, K. -- Regulation of the E-cadherin adhesion complex in tumor cell migration and invasion / Menke, A., Giehl, K. -- The cytoskeletal connection : understanding adaptor proteins / Ziegler, W.H. -- Locomotor force generation by myosins / Jbireal, J.M.A., Entschladen, F., Zänker, K.S.
- Cell physiology sourcebook. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectSect. I. Biophysical chemistry, metabolism, second messengers, and ultrastructure. Biophysical chemistry of physiological solutions / Jeffrey c. Freedman -- Physiological structure and function of proteins / Matthew R. Pincus -- Cell membranes / Jeffrey C. Freedman -- Ionophores in planar lipid bilayers / Jeffrey C. Freedman -- Cell structure / Michael S. Forbes -- Signal transduction and second messengers / Aldebaran M. Hofer -- Calcium as an intracellular second messenger: mediation by calcium-binding proteins / John R. Dedman and Marcia A. Kaetzel -- Sect. II. Membrane potential, transport physiology, pumps, and exchangers. Diffusion and permeability / Nicholas Sperelakis and Jeffrey C. Freedman -- Origin of resting membrane potentials / Nicholas Sperelakis -- Gibbs-Donnan equilibrium potentials / Nicholas Sperelakis -- Mechanisms of carrier-mediated transport: facilitated diffusion, cotransport and countertransport / Steven M. Grassl -- Active ion transport by ATP-driven ion pumps / Robert A. Farley -- Ca2+ -ATPases / Tracy J. Pritchard, Istvan Edes and Evangelia G. Kranias -- Na+ -Ca2+ exchange currents / John H.B. Bridge, Natalia S. Torres and Michela Ottolia --Intracellular chloride regulation / Francisco J. Alvarez-Leefmans -- Osmosis and regulation of cell volume / Clive M. Baumgarten and Joseph J. Feher -- Intracellular pH regulation / Robert W. Putnam -- Sect. III. Membrane excitability and ion channels. Cable properties and propagation of action potentials / Nicholas sperelakis -- Electrogenesis of membrane excitability / Nicholas Sperelakis -- Patch-clamp techniques / Laura Conforti -- Structure and mechanism of voltage-gated ion channels / Simon Rock Levinson and William A. Sather -- Biology of gap junctions / Richard D. Veenstra -- Regulation of cardiac ion channels by cyclic nucleotide-dependent phosphorylation / Gordon M. Wahler and Nicholas Sperelakis -- Direct regulation of ion channels by GTP-binding proteins / Atsushi Inanobe and Yoshihisa Kurachi -- Developmental changes in ion channels / Takeshi Kobayashi ... [et al.] --Regulation of ion channel localization and activity through interactions with the cytoskeleton / Stephen Lambert -- Why are so many ion channels mechanosensitives? / Catherine E. Morris -- Sect. IV. Ion channels as targets for toxins, drugs, and genetic diseases. Ion channels as targets for toxins / Kenneth M. Blumenthal -- Ion channels as targets for drugs / Seth Robey, Kevin J. Sampson and Robert S. Kass -- Inherited diseases of ion transport / Robert A. Farley -- Sect. V. Synaptic transmission and sensory transduction. Ligand-gated ion channels / Kenneth R. Tovar and Gary L. Westbrook -- Synaptic transmission / Janusz B. Suszkiw -- Excitation-secretion coupling / Nicole Gallo-Payet and Marcel Daniel Payet -- Stimulus-response coupling in metabolic sensor cells / Stan Misler -- Cyclic nucleotide-gated ion channels / Anita L. Zimmerman -- Sensory receptors and mechanotransduction / Andrew S. French and Päivi H. Torkkeli -- Acoustic transduction / Daniel C. Marcus -- Visual transduction / Anita L. Zimmerman -- Gustatory and olfactory sensory transduction / Stephen D. Roper -- Infrared sensory organs / Stephen D. Roper and Michael S. Grace --Electroreceptors and magnetoreceptors / Timothy C. Tricas and Bruce A. Carlson -- Sect. VI. Muscle and other contractile systems. Skeletal muscle excitability / Nicholas Sperelakis, Judith Heiny and Hugo gonzalez-Serratos -- Cardiac action potentials / Gordon M. Wahler -- Smooth muscle excitability / Neil D. Detweiler ... [et al.] -- Excitation-contraction coupling in skeletal muscle / Judith A. Heiny and Gerhard Meissner -- Contraction of muscles: mechanochemistry / Richard J. Paul -- Flagella, cilia, actin- and centrin-based movement / Kenneth W. Foster -- Electrocytes of electric fish / Anthony L. Gotter, Marcia A. Kaetzel and John R. Dedman -- Sect. VII. Protozoa and bacteria. Physiological adaptations of protists / Michael Levandowsky -- Physiology of prokaryotic cells / Dennis W. Grogan -- Sect. VIII. Specialized processes: photosynthesis and bioluminescence. Photosynthesis / Darrell Fleischman -- bioluminescence / J. Woodland Hastings.
- Cell signaling in vascular inflammation 2005, SpringerHeme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide in vascular regulation / Stefan W. Ryter and Augustine M.K. Choi -- Tumor necrosis factor-[alpha]/receptor signaling through the Akt kinase / Osman Nidai Ozes ... [et al.] -- Protein modifications by nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen species / Harry Ischiropoulos -- Redox signaling in hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction / E. Kenneth Weir ... [et al.] -- cGMP-dependent protein kinase in regulation of the perinatal pulmonary circulation / Usha Raj ... [et al.] -- Glutamate receptor activation in the pathogenesis of acute leg injury / Sami I. Said -- Carboxyl methylation of small GTPases and endothelial cell function / Sharon Rounds, Elizabeth O. Harrington, and Qing Lu -- Pressure-induced inflammatory signaling in lung endothelial cells / Wolfgang M. Kuebler -- Regulation of endothelial barrier function: contributions of the transcellular and paracellular pathways / Dolly Mehta, Richard D. Minshall, and Asrar B. Malik -- Sphingolipid signaling: implications for vascular biology / Margaret M. Harnett -- Regulations of cytokine signaling / Bao Q. Vuong ... [et al.] -- Cell signaling by vasoactive agents / Barry L. Fanburg ... [et al.] -- Reactive oxygen species and cell signaling in lung ischemia / Aron B. Fisher --Pulmonary vascular barrier regulation by thrombin and Edg receptors / Jeffrey R. Jacobson and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Second-messenger signaling in lung capillaries / Kaushik Parthasarathi -- Plasma membrane-to-nucleus calcium signaling / Giles E. Hardingham -- Signaling by mitochondria / Navdeep S. Chandel -- Pro-inflammatory signaling by endothelial focal complexes in lung / Sunita Bhattacharya -- Hydrogen peroxide as intracellular messenger: production, target, and elimination / Sue Goo Rhee ... [et al.] -- Calcium-inhibited adenylyl cyclase (AC6) controls endothelial cell barrier function / Troy Stevens.
- Cell signaling reactions 2011, Springer
- Cell therapy 2009, SpringerPart 1. Regulatory. -- Regulation of Cell Product Manufacturing and Delivery: A United States Perspective / R.W. Lindblad -- The Regulatory Situation for Academic Cell Therapy Facilities in Europe / I. Slaper-Cortenbach, M. Scott, D. Herrmann, M. Introna and K. Theunissen, et al. -- A Regulatory System for Cell and Tissue Therapies: Proposed Approach in Australia / A. Farrugia -- Part 2. GMP Facility Design. -- University of Minnesota - Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics (MCT) / D.H. McKenna -- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute - Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory (HSC Lab)/Immunological Monitoring and Cellular Products Laboratory (IMCPL) / D.L. Griffin, A.D. Donnenberg and T.L. Whiteside / Baylor College of Medicine - Center for Cell and Gene Therapy (CAGT) / A. Gee -- Design of a New GMP Facility - Lessons Learned / A. Gee -- Part 3. Professional Cell Therapy Standards. -- AABB Cell Therapy Standards / Z.M. Szczepiorkowski and E. Nunes -- Professional Standards for Cellular Therapies: Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) / P.I. Warkentin -- Part 4. Facility Operations -- Standard Operating Procedures / C.G. Lindgren -- Staffing, Training, and Competency / D.M. Kadidlo -- Cleaning Procedures / A. Gee and D.L. Lyon -- Environmental Monitoring / A. Gee and D.L. Lyon -- Supply Management / A. Gee and C.M. Rooney -- Facility Equipment / D.L. Griffin -- Quality / J.W. Atkins -- Product Manufacturing / A. Gee -- Product Review, Release, and Administration / N.H. Collins -- Use of a Facility Master File to Facilitate Regulatory Submissions for Cell Therapy Products / E.J. Read and H.M. Khuu.
- Cell therapy, stem cells, and brain repair 2006, SpringerCurrent views of the embryonic and neural stem cell : cell replacement or molecular repair? / Roya Sabetrasekh ... [et al.] -- Developing novel cell sources for transplantation in Parkinson's disease / Nicolaj S. Christophersen ... [et al.] -- Neural transplantation in the nonhuman primate model of Parkinson's disease / Kimberly B. Bjugstad and John R. Sladek, Jr. -- Cell-based therapy for Huntington's disease / Claire M. Kelly, Stephen B. Dunnett, and Anne E. Rosser -- Use of bone marrow stem cells as therapy for behavioral deficits in rodent models of Huntington's disease / Gary L. Dunbar, Justin D. Oh-Lee, and Laurent Lescaudron -- Human neuroteratocarcinoma cells as a neural progenitor graft source for cell transplantation in stroke / Cesario V. Borlongan ... [et al.] --Therapeutic applications of bone marrow-derived stem cells in neurologic injury and disease / C. Dirk Keene ... [et al.] -- Cell therapy for models of pain and traumatic brain injury / Mary Eaton and Jacqueline Sagen -- The use of sertoli cells in neural transplantation / Dwaine F. Emerich, Cesario V. Borlongan, and Craig Halberstadt -- The choroids plexus : a novel graft source for neural transplantation / Cesario V. Borlongan ... [et al.] -- Progress and challenges in immunoisolation for CNS cell therapy / Christopher G. Thanos and Dwaine F. Emerich -- Evidence-based methodology for advancing neural reconstruction / Stephen Polgar -- Hematopoietic cell therapy for brain repair / Martina Vendrame and Alison E. Willing -- Stem cells and regenerative medicine : commercial and pharmaceutical implications / L. Eduardo Cruz and Silvia P. Azevedo.
- Cell volume and signaling 2004, Springer
- Cell-based therapies in stroke 2013, SpringerStroke remains one of the main causes of death and disability worldwide. Effective therapy for stroke recovery remains an unmet need. Much hope and promises are placed on cell-based therapies. The aim of this book is to provide focused yet comprehensive reviews on the current state of cell-based approaches in the treatment of stroke. The topics covered include experimental data on functional outcome after intravascular and intracerebral delivery of cells in stroke animals, followed by translational chapters which will rely heavily on the use of different imaging modalities in the tracking of cells. The last and most challenging part will describe the early phase of clinical studies, providing guidelines for future research and clinical applications. Clearly and concisely written, this text will be a useful resource for neurologists, radiologists, and neuroscientists interested in cell transplantation as a therapeutic strategy for stroke patients.
- Cell-cell channels 2006., SpringerCell-cell channels and their implications for cell theory / Frantisek Baluska, Dieter Volkmann, and Peter W. Barlow -- Mating cell-cell channels in conjugating bacteria / Elisabeth Grohmann -- The tetrahymena conjugation junction / Eric S. Cole -- Cytoplasmic bridges in volvox and its relatives / Harold J. Hoops, Ichiro Nishii, and David L. Kirk -- Vegetative hyphal fusion in filamentous fungi / Nick D. Read and M. Gabriela Roca -- Plasmodesmata: cell-cell channels in plants / Yoselin Benitez Alfonso, Laurence Cantrill, and David Jackson -- Sieve-pore plugging mechanisms / Aart J.E. van Bel -- Actin and myosin VIII in plant cell-cell channels / Jozef Samaj ... [et al.] -- Cell-cell communication in wood / John R. Barnett -- TMV movement protein targets cell-cell channels in plants and prokaryotes: possible roles of tubulin- and FtsZ-based cytoskeletons / Manfred Heinlein -- Viral movement proteins induce tubule formation in plant and insect cells / Jan W.M. van Lent and Corinne Schmitt-Keichinger --Cell-cell movements of transcription factors in plants / Alexis Maizel -- Gap junctions: cell-cell channels in animals / Fabio Mammano -- Tunneling nanotubes: membranous channels between animal cells / Hans-Hermann Gerdes and Amin Rustom -- Cytoplasmic bridges as cell-cell channels of germ cells / Sami Ventelä -- Fusome as a cell-cell communication channel of drosophila ovarian cyst / Jean-René Huynh -- Cytonemes as cell-cell channels in human blood cells / Svetlana Ivanovna Galkina .. [et al.] -- Paracellular pores in endothelial barriers / Luca Manzi and Gianfranco Bazzoni -- Channels across endothelial cells / Radu V. Stan -- Molecular transfers through transient lymphoid cell-cell channels / Mary Poupot, Julie Gertner, and Jean-Jacques Fournié -- Cell-cell transport of homeoproteins: with or without channels / Alain Joliot and Alain Prochiantz -- Virological synapse for cell-cell spread of viruses / Eduardo Garcia and Vincent Piguet -- Cell-cell fusion: transient channels leading to plasma membrane merger / William A. Mohler.
- Cell-cycle mechanisms and neuronal cell death 2005, SpringerCell cycle activation in neurons: the final exit of brain-morpho-dysregulation / Thomas Arendt -- Paved with good intentions: the link between cell cycle and cell death in the mammalian central nervous system / Yan Yang and Karl Herrup -- The role of presenilins in the cell cycle and apoptosis / Mervyn J. Monteiro -- Cell cycle activation and cell death in the nervous system / Zsuzsanna Nagy -- Cell cycle and chromosome segregation defects in Alzheimer's disease / Huntington Potter -- Alzheimer disease-a new beginning or a final exit? / Mark E. Obrenovich ... [et al.] -- From cell cycle activation to the inhibition of the WNT pathway: a hypothesis of how neurons die in response to B-Amyloid / Agata Copani ... [et al.].
- Cell-extracellular matrix interactions in cancer 2010, Springer
- Cellular and molecular control of neuronal migration 2014, SpringerCellular and Molecular Control of Neuronal Migration provides an up-to-date collection of reviews on the molecular and cellular principles of neuronal migration in the mammalian brain. Over the last decades a rich catalogue of signaling molecules controlling neuronal migration has been compiled, and within this book an international panel of experts provides up-to-date discussions of the state of knowledge how these distinct signaling pathways regulate various aspects of neuronal migration. This book introduces the reader to the latest discoveries and concepts of neuronal migration enabled through the application of most sophisticated methods and cutting edge experimental approaches. Cellular and Molecular Control of Neuronal Migration also provides an update on the underlying cellular and molecular basis of neurodevelopmental migration disorders in human patients for all interested neuroscientists and clinicians.
- Cellular lipid metabolism 2009, Springer
- Cellular peptide hormone synthesis and secretory pathways 2010, Springer
- Cellular potts models 2013, CRCnetBASE"All biological phenomena emerge from an intricate interconnection of multiple processes occurring at different levels of organization: namely, at the molecular, the cellular and the tissue level, see Figure 1. These natural levels can approximately be connected to a microscopic, mesoscopic, and macroscopic scale, respectively. The microscopic scale refers to those processes that occur at the subcellular level, such as DNA synthesis and duplication, gene dynamics, activation of receptors, transduction of chemical signals, diffusion of ions and transport of proteins. The mesoscopic scale, on the other hand, can refer to cell-level phenomena, such as adhesive interactions between cells or between cells and ECM components, cell duplication and death and cell motion. The macroscopic scale finally corresponds to those processes that are typical of multicellular behavior, such as population dynamics, tissue mechanics and organ growth and development. It is evident that research in biology and medicine needs to work in a multiscale fashion. This brings many challenging questions and a complexity that can not be addressed in the classical way, but can take advantage of the increasing collaboration between natural and exact sciences (for more detailed comments the reader is referred to [90, 262]). On the other hand, the recent literature provides evidence of the increasing attention of the mathematical, statistical, computational and physical communities toward biological and biomedical modeling, consequence of the successful results obtained by a multidisciplinary approach to the Life Sciences problems"--Provided by publisher.
- Cellular respiration and carcinogenesis 2009, Springer
- Centromere 2009, Springer
- Centrosome 2012, SpringerPart I.Centrosomes in Reproduction --1.Centriole Duplication and Inheritance in Drosophila melanogaster /Tomer Avidor-Reiss, Jayachandran Gopalakrishnan, Stephanie Blachon and Andrey Polyanovsky --2.Sperm Centrioles and Their Dual Role in Flagellogenesis and Cell Cycle of the Zygote: Structure, Function, and Pathology /Hector E. Chemes --3.Centrosomal Functions and Dysfunctions in Cat Spermatozoa /Pierre Comizzoli and David E. Wildt --4.Nuclear-Centrosome Relationships During Fertilization, Cell Division, Embryo Development, and in Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer Embryos /Heide Schatten and Qing-Yuan Sun --5.Human Centrosomal Dynamics During Gametogenesis, Fertilization, and Embryogenesis and Its Impact on Fertility: Ultrastructural Analysis /A. Henry Sathananthan --6.Asymmetric Centrosome Behavior in Stem Cell Divisions /Therese M. Roth, Yukiko M. Yamashita and Jun Cheng --Part II.Cell and Molecular Biology of Centrosomes --7.Functional Associations Between the Golgi Apparatus and the Centrosome in Mammalian Cells /Breanne Karanikolas and Christine Sütterlin --8.Many Pathways to Destruction: The Role of the Centrosome in, and Its Control by Regulated Proteolysis /Harold A. Fisk --9.Regulation of the Centrosome Cycle by Protein Degradation /Suzanna L. Prosser and Andrew M. Fry --10.Molecular Links Between Centrosome Duplication and Other Cell Cycle-Associated Events /Kenji Fukasawa --11.Regulation of Centrosomes by Cyclin-Dependent Kinases /Rose Boutros --Part III.Centrosome Abnormalities in Cancer --12.Disruption of Centrosome Duplication Control and Induction of Mitotic Instability by the High-Risk Human Papillomavirus Oncoproteins E6 and E7 /Nina Korzeniewski and Stefan Duensing --13.Centrosomes, DNA Damage and Aneuploidy /Chiara Saladino, Emer Bourke and Ciaran G. Morrison --14.Centrosome Regulation and Breast Cancer /Zeina Kais and Jeffrey D. Parvin --15.The Role of Centrosomes in Multiple Myeloma /Benedict Yan and Wee-Joo Chng --16.Centrosomal Amplification and Related Abnormalities Induced by Nucleoside Analogs /Ofelia A. Olivero --17.Mechanisms and Consequences of Centrosome Clustering in Cancer Cells /Alwin Krämer, Simon Anderhub and Bettina Maier --Part IV.Centrosomes in Other Systems --18.Re-evaluation of the Neuronal Centrosome as a Generator of Microtubules for Axons and Dendrites /Peter W. Baas and Aditi Falnikar --19.Centrosomes and Cell Division in Apicomplexa /Leandro Lemgruber, Marek Cyrklaff and Freddy Frischknecht --20.The Centrosome Life Story in Xenopuslaevis /Jacek Z. Kubiak and Claude Prigent --21.Role of the MTOC in T Cell Effector Functions /Martin Poenie, Laura Christian, Sarah Tan and Yuri Sykulev --22.Thoughts on Progress in the Centrosome Field /Jeffrey L. Salisbury.
- Chemical genomics 2006, Springer
- Abstracts of papers presented at the ...
- — Chemical genomics ......................
- Chromatin dynamics in cellular functi...
- — Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive ...
- Koss's Cytology of the urinary tract ...
- — Protein phosphorylation in aging and ...
- Proteins ...............................
- — Zebrafish. Cellular and developmental...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases