Lane will be intermittently offline
6:00am - 8:00am Saturday morning 1/31/15
6:00am - 8:00am Saturday morning 1/31/15
Books by Subject
267 to 399 of 532 titles
View by page
- Acute coronary syndrome multidisciplinary and pathway-based approach — Cardiovascular magnetic resonance. 2nd ed. (133)
- Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. — Endovascular and hybrid therapies for structural heart and aortic disease (133)
- Endovascular interventions a case-based approach — Netter's Cardiology. 2nd ed. (133)
- Netter's Correlative imaging. Cardiothoracic anatomy — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (133)
- Endovascular interventions a case-based approach 2014, SpringerPart I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- Enemies of the myocytes 2002, HighWire
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice 2007 Fourth Joint European Societies' Task Force on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice -- -- Arterial Hypertension 2007 ESH-ESC Task Force on the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) -- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases 2007 The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) -- Non-ST-segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes 2007 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology -- AMI in Patients Presenting with Persistent ST-Segment Elevation 2008 The Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology -- Stable Angina Pectoris 2006 The Task Force on the Management of Stable Angina Pectoris of the European Society of Cardiology -- Myocardial Revascularisation 2011 Joint Task Force on Myocardial Revascularisation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 2003 The Task Force on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy of the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines -- Pericardial Diseases 2004 The Task Force on the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Grown-up congenital heart disease 2011 The Task Force on the Management of Grown-up Congenital Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Neonatal Electrocardiogram 2002 The Task Force for the interpretation of the Neonatal Electrocardiogram of the European Society of Cardiology -- Cardiovascular Disease during Pregnancy 2003 The Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology -- Valvular Heart Disease 2007 The Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Infective Endocarditis 2009 The Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and by the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer -- Pulmonary Hypertension 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) and by the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Supraventricular Arrhythmias (SVA) 2003 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Supraventricular Arrhythmias) -- Atrial Fibrillation 2010 The Task Force for the Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2010 Version) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association Endorsed by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) -- Syncope 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)¹, the Heart Failure Association (HFA)² and the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)³ Endorsed by the following societies: European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM)⁴, European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM)⁵, European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS)⁶, American Geriatrics Society (AGS), European Neurological Society (ENS)⁷, American Autonomic Society (AAS)⁸, European Federation of Autonomic Societies (EFAS)⁹ -- Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death 2006 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death) Developed in Collaboration With the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society -- Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy 2007 ESC Task Force on Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association -- Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction 2007 The joint ESC-ACCF-AHA-WHF Task Force for the Redefinition of Myocardial Infarction -- Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 The Task Force on Heart Failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) -- Device Therapy in Heart Failure 2011 The Task Force for an update of the 2008 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure and the 2007 ESC Guidelines for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) and the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) of the ESC -- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery 2009 The Task Force for Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA).
- ESC Textbook of cardiovascular imaging 2010, Springer
- Essential cardiology principles and practice. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerMultivariable Evaluation of Candidates for Cardiovascular Disease / Ralph B. D'Agostino Sr., William B. Kannel -- Molecular and Cellular Basis of Myocardial Contractility / Arnold M. Katz -- Ventricular Function / Lionel H. Opie -- Vascular Function / Rhian M. Touyz -- Thrombosis / Farzana R. Bacchus, Mark Crowther -- The History and Physical Examination of the Cardiovascular System / Rajat Gupta, Patrick O'Gara -- Electrocardiography / Tara L. DiMino, Alexander Ivanov, -- Echocardiography / Daniel G. Blanchard, Anthony N. DeMaria -- Exercise Testing / Abhimanyu (Manu) Uberoi, Shirin Zarafshar -- Radiology of the Heart / Christopher M. Walker, Gautham P. Reddy -- Cardiac Catheterization / Nirat Beohar, Mark J. Ricciardi -- Nuclear Imaging in Cardiovascular Medicine / Diwakar Jain, Barry L. Zaret, -- Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance and Multidetector Computed Tomography / Gabriel Vorobiof, Norman Elliot Lepor, Mark Doyle -- Choosing Appropriate Imaging Techniques / Martin E. Goldman, Anthony F. Yu -- Electrophysiology of Cardiac Arrhythmias / Sei Iwai, Steven M. Markowitz, Bruce B. Lerman -- Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias / Suraj Kapa, Francis E. Marchlinski -- Syncope / Venkata Krishna Puppala, Scott Sakaguchi -- Pathophysiology of Heart Failure / Martin R. Cowie, -- Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure / Stephen S. Gottlieb -- Congenital Heart Disease / Matina Prapa, Dimitra Krexi, Anselm Uebing -- Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis / Prediman K. Shah -- Coronary Blood Flow and Myocardial Ischemia / Brian R. Weil, John M. Canty Jr. -- Risk Factors and Prevention, Including Hyperlipidemia / Antonio M. Gotto Jr., John A. Farmer -- Stable Angina / Sachin Mehta, Neal Kleiman, -- Unstable Angina and Non-ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Acute Coronary Syndromes) / Sachin Mehta, Neal Kleiman, -- ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Jonathan R. Enriquez, James A. de Lemos -- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Joseph P. Ornato -- Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention After Acute MI / Arthur S. Leon -- Rheumatic Fever and Valvular Heart Disease / Blanche J. Cupido -- Infective Endocarditis / Adolf W. Karchmer -- Hypertension: Mechanisms and Diagnosis / Clive Rosendorff -- Hypertension Therapy / Norman M. Kaplan, Odelia Cooper, Ronald G. Victor -- Cardiomyopathies and Myocarditis / Colleen M. Harrington, Edward K. Kasper, -- Pericardial Disease / Bernhard Maisch -- Pulmonary Vascular Disease / Eoin P. Judge, Dermot O'Callaghan, Sean P. Gaine -- Diseases of the Aorta / David M. Dudzinski, Eric M. Isselbacher -- Cardiovascular Disease in Women / Benjamin D. Mackie, Nanette Kass Wenger, -- Pregnancy and Heart Disease / T. P. E. Ruys, Mark R. Johnson -- Heart Disease in the Elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Cardiovascular Complications in Patients with Renal Disease / Sheldon W. Tobe -- Diabetes and the Cardiovascular System / Paul Cohen, Jorge Plutzky -- Cancer Therapy-Induced Cardiomyopathy / Peter Kim, Pimprapa Vejpongsa, Edward T. H. Yeh -- Assessment of Patients with Heart Disease for Fitness for Noncardiac Surgery / Lee A. Fleisher, Joseph S. Savino -- Cardiovascular Gene Therapy / Thomas J. LaRocca, Roger J. Hajjar -- Cardiovascular Cell Therapy / Annarosa Leri, Jan Kajstura, Marcello Rota -- Preventive Cardiology / Temilolu O. Aje, Michael Miller -- Peripheral Arterial Disease / Giovina Lara Bomba, Jonathan L. Halperin.
- Essential echocardiography a practical handbook with DVD 2007, SpringerEchocardiographic instumentation and principles of doppler echocardiography / Scott D. Solomon -- Introduction to imaging: the normal examination / Dara Lee and Scott D. Solomon -- Protocol and nomenclature in transthoracic echocardiography / Bernard E. Bulwer and Jose Rivero -- Clinical utility of echocardiography / Bernard E. Bulwer, Faisal Shamshad, and Scott D. Solomon -- Echocardiographic assessment of ventricular systolic function / Bernard E. Bulwer, Scott D. Solomon, and Rajesh Janardhanan -- Echocardiographic assessment of diastolic function / Carolyn Y. Ho -- Echocardiography in myocardial infarction / Justina C. Wu -- Stress echocardiography : indications, protocols, and interpretation / Edmund A. Bermudez and Ming Hui Chen -- Cardiomyopathies / Bernard E. Bulwer and Scott D. Solomon -- Pericardial disease / Ashvin N. Pande and Leonard S. Lilly -- Echocardiographic assessment of aortic stenosis / Edmund A. Bermudez -- Echocardiographic evaluation of aortic regurgitation / Susan M. Sallach and Sharon C. Reimold -- Mitral stenosis / Robert J. Ostfeld -- Mitral regurgitation / Jacqueline Suk Danik and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Infective endocarditis / Nagesh S. Anavekar, Marcus Averbach, and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Role of echocardiography in the management of atrial fibrillation / Warren J. Manning -- Cardiac source of embolus / Justina C. Wu -- Echocardiography in pulmonary embolism and secondary pulmonary hypertension / David Aguilar and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Cardiac masses and tumors / Justina C. Wu -- Aortic dissection and other diseases of the aorta / Laura Benzaquen -- Echocardiography in the assessment of artrial septal defects / Edmund A. Bermudez -- Adult congenital heart disease in general echocardiography practice : an introduction / Bernard E. Bulwer and Michael J. Landzberg -- Transesophageal echocardiography multiplane examination primer / Bernard E. Bulwer and Stanton K. Shernan.
- Essential echocardiography. 2nd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyThis book is a step-by-step manual for the complete echo-novice. The text focuses on the practicalities of performing an examination, and the interpretation of images. Avoiding unnecessary technicalities, it places particular emphasis on the diagnostic features of sample cases and covers the entire breadth of adult cardiology. The majority of the echo images are also available in a dynamic form on the Expert Consult platform. Also included is access to 100 case scenarios and images for self-assessment interpretation. Trainees in cardiology, echocardiography/cardiac physiology, anaesthetics, intensive care, general medicine, acute medicine, accident and emergency and cardiothoracic surgery.
- Essential interventional cardiology. 2nd ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyThis title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. This book has been prepared by professionals working in the UK. It covers the basic principles and practice of interventional cardiology, vascular and non-vascular, written specifically for the general cardiologist. Designed to facilitate easy access to key information, it contains numerous line illustrations, diagrams, graphs, and charts. The entire spectrum of interventional cardiology is covered in an easy-to-read format. In this new edition are fifteen new chapters written by experts from around the world. The excellent appendix of trials in interventional cardiology has been fully updated making this the best available source on how to apply trials to clinical practice. Includes editors and contributors from the US and Europe for a truly international perspective. Begins each chapter with 6-10 key points written in bullet format that summarize important concepts in the chapter, making reference a snap.
- Essentials of cardiac anesthesia 2008, ClinicalKeyThis title presents essential clinical knowledge in cardiac anesthesia in a practical, user-friendly format. Provides the key cardiac anesthesia information you need to know by authorities you trust. Uses a concise, user-friendly format that helps you locate the answers you need quickly. Features key points boxes in each chapter to help you quickly access the most crucial information. Includes annotated references that guide you to the most practical additional resources. Features a portable size and clinical emphasis that facilitates and enhances bedside patient care. Contains the authoritative guidance of larger reference books without the expense.
- Essentials of restenosis for the interventional cardiologist 2007, Springer
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease Proceedings of the "Consensus Meeting : Clinical Effect, Biological Background, and Research Priorities on n-3 Fatty Acids", Research Centre of the Italian National Association of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO), Florence, Italy, 17-19 February 2000. 2001, HighWire
- Evidence-based cardiology consult 2014, SpringerThis book addresses the increasing demands on cardiology clinicians to manage complex patients with pregnancy, cancer, noncardiac surgery, systemic diseases and concurrent cardiac problems . It provides an up-to-date, detailed, evidence-based approach to key issues facing the consultant including practical clinical advice on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of heart disease. Evidence-Based Cardiology Consult addresses the issues specific and relevant to a cardiology consultation and focuses on cardiac issues in both the general medical patient and in specific populations. Topics covered include: The evaluation of chest pain, acute coronary syndromes, heart failure, infective endocarditis, sudden cardiac death, and imaging in cardiology consultation Cardiac problems in women, the elderly and athletes Cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease and neurologic disease Pregnancy-related cardiac diseases Cardio-oncology, including cardiac disease resulting from chemotherapy and radiation in oncology patients. This book is a key practical resource for the management of patients with cardiac disease whether it be the primary diagnosis or as a result of other medical conditions. Therefore this is a must read for cardiology trainees and practicing cardiologists, neurologists, physicians in maternalfetal medicine, oncology, nephrology, radiology, and those who participate in preventative medicine programs.
- That precursors of adult coronary artery disease, hypertension, and type II diabetes begin in childhood have been clearly established by the Bogalusa Heart Study. This unique research program has been able to follow a biracial (black/white) population over 35 years from childhood through mid-adulthood to provide perspectives on the natural history of adult heart diseases. Not only do these observations describe trajectories of cardio-metabolic risk variables leading to these diseases but provide a rationale for the need to begin prevention beginning in childhood. The trajectories of the burden of cardio-metabolic risk variables in the context of their fetal origin and chromosome telomere dynamics provide some insight into the metabolic imprinting in utero and aging process. The observed racial contrasts on cardio-metabolic risk variables implicate various biologic pathways interacting with environment contributing to the high morbidity and mortality from related diseases in our population. To address the seriousness of the onset of cardiovascular disease in youth, approaches to primordial prevention are described focussing on childhood health education as an important aspect of Preventive Cardiology.
- Exercise cardiopulmonary function in cardiac patients 2012, Springer1.Exercise Physiology --2.Pulmonary Function --3.Cardiac Output --4.Cardiac Output Redistribution --5.Left Ventricular Function --6.Blood Pressure and Hypertension --7.Metabolic Cardiovascular Risk Factors --8.Cardiopulmonary Function in Elderly --9.Exercise and Sudden Death --10.Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Fetal cardiovascular imaging a disease-based approach 2012, ClinicalKeyComplied by the team at the Cardiac Center at Children's Hospital in Philadelphia, this Expert Consult site and accompanying atlas-style text guide the acquisition and interpretation of fetal images for accurate diagnosis and effective management. Vivid color images, drawings, pathologic specimens and diagnostic algorithms facilitate tracking the progress of development of over 100 fetal heart problems. Enhance your cardiac imaging skills with a video library demonstrating imaging of the normal heart, and the imaging presentation of more than 100 different fetal heart problems. Recognize potential problems using views of the normal heart in development for comparative diagnosis. Get comprehensive coverage of cardiac anatomy, pathophysiology, natural history and disease management. See developing and existing problems as they appear in practice thanks to an abundance of vivid color images, drawings, pathologic specimens, and diagnostic algorithms. Track the progress of development in the fetal heart by using the best imaging modalities & techniques for more accurate diagnosis.
- Fish, Omega 3 and human health. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic cardiovascular medicine 2009, CRCnetBASE
- From basic cardiac imaging to image fusion 2013, SpringerThe recent development of three-dimensional imaging techniques has provided an enormous amount of information relevant to the clinical management of patients at low and high risk for coronary artery disease. However, while progress in each individual technique has been rapid, the correlation of findings obtained with radiology, nuclear medicine, and magnetic resonance imaging is still relatively neglected. In this book, qualified experts in cardiac imaging present the basic concepts of cardiac disease and imaging and compare the findings obtained in particular subspecialties with those acquired using other techniques. In this way the reader will learn how images and techniques can be integrated in clinical practice to the benefit of the patient. In addition, the issue is addressed of reducing the patient's exposure to ionizing radiation through appropriate multimodality integration. Physicians ranging from cardiac surgeons to internal medicine specialists and even public health administrators will find this book invaluable in understanding the role of hybrid cardiac imaging.
- From signals to colours a case-based atlas of electroanatomic mapping in complex atrial arrhythmias ; based on the experience of the Project of ElectroAnatomic mapping in Complex arrhythmia Evaluation (PEACE) 2008, Springer
- Functional foods and cardiovascular disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"Drawn from the latest clinical and experimental information, this book covers products enriched with phytosterols, n-3 fatty acids, garlic extract naturally occurring antioxidants, folic acid, CLA, as well as fibers and flavonoids. It describes the connection between diets, dietary habits, and cardiovascular diseases. It also explains how functional food ingredients and nutraceuticals can mitigate cardiovascular disorders. The authors examine recent technologies for generating novel food products enriched with cardiovascular protective dietary agents. They include experimental and clinical evidence of various ingredients"--Provided by publisher.
- Functional hemodynamic monitoring 2005, Springer
- Fundamentals of pediatric cardiology 2006, OvidCardiovascular physiology --Clinical evaluation --Basic diagnostic studies --Pediatric exercise testing --Innocent murmurs --Chest pain --Syncope and sudden death --Principals of inheritance and genetics of congenital heart disease --Left-to-right shunts --Right-to-left shunts --Obstructive and regurgitant lesions --Acquired heart diseases --Cardiomyopathy --Coronary artery anomalies.
- Genetic cardiomyopathies a clinical approach 2013, Springer
- Goldberger's Clinical electrocardiography a simplified approach. 8th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyKey concepts -- ECG basics : waves, intervals, and segments -- ECG leads -- Understanding the normal ECG -- Electrical axis and axis deviation -- Atrial and ventricular enlargement -- Ventricular conduction disturbances : bundle branch blocks and related abnormalities -- Myocardial infarction and ischemia, I : ST segment elevation and non-Q wave -- Syndromes -- Myocardial infarction and ischemia, II : non-ST segment elevation and non-Q wave syndromes -- Drug effects, electrolyte abnormalities, and metabolic effects -- Pericardial, myocardial and pulmonary syndromes -- Wolff-Parkinson-White preexcitation syndromes -- Sinus and escape rhythms -- Supraventricular arrhythmias, part I : premature beats and paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias (PSVTS) -- Supraventricular arrhythmias, part II : atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation -- Ventricular arrhythmias -- Atrioventricular (AV) conduction abnormalities : delays, blocks, and dissociation syndromes -- Digitalis toxicity -- Sudden cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Bradycardias and tachycardias : review and differential diagnosis -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) : essentials for clinicians -- How to interpret an ECG -- Limitations and uses of the ECG -- ECG differential diagnoses : instant reviews.
- Grossman & Baim's Cardiac catheterization, angiography, and intervention. Eighth edition. [8th ed.] Ovid"Grossman & Baim's Cardiac Catheterization, Angiography, and Intervention, 8e is the premier reference on cardiac catheterization and appeals to seasoned practitioner, residents and cardiology fellows. This title reflects the rapid evolution and growing clinical use of interventional techniques. Premier reference on cardiac catheterization appeals to seasoned practitioner, residents and cardiology fellows. Reflects rapid evolution and growing clinical use of interventional techniques. Eleven new chapters, including: Integrated Imaging Modalities in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab; Radial Artery Approach; Coronary Artery Anomalies; Interventions for Acute Myocardial Infarction; Interventions with Cell Therapies; and Aortic Endovascular Grafting Over 20 procedural videos online"--Provided by publisher.
- Guide to neonatal and pediatric ECGs 2013, SpringerElectrocardiography has an ever-expanding role in pediatric cardiology evaluation. The specific competencies required for its optimal use in this setting, however, generally lie beyond the expertise of cardiologists used to dealing with adults. This guide - the product of extensive practical experience in the field of pediatric cardiology - proposes a very simple method for reading neonatal and pediatric ECGs that is based on the application of straightforward criteria and permits the immediate recognition of normal and pathological patterns. The first part of the guide presents and describes this methodology and the parameters of normal pediatric ECGs, while the second part focuses on specific pediatric anomalies. More than 150 ECGs displaying both normal and pathologic findings are included, all of which have been collected from clinical practice and analyzed using the proposed method. This book will be an invaluable reference tool for all cardiologists who deal with newborns and children.
- Handbook of angioplasty and stenting procedures 2010, SpringerBasic Tools Required to Perform Angioplasty and Stenting Procedures / David O. Kessel -- Arterial Pressure Measurements / Thomas B. Kinney -- Drugs - Pre-, Peri- and Post-intervention / Raman Uberoi -- Arterial Access / Dimitrios K. Tsetis -- Venous Access / Clare L. Bent and Matthew Matson -- General Principles of Angioplasty and Stenting / Elias N. Brountzos and Efthymia Alexopoulou -- Arterial Closure Devices / Stephen P. D'Souza and Dare M. Seriki -- Aortoiliac Angioplasty and Stenting / Robert A. Hieb -- Angioplasty and Stenting of the Superficial Femoral Artery and Popliteal Artery / Anna-Maria Belli -- Subintimal Angioplasty / Guy Fishwick -- Infrapopliteal Angioplasty and Stenting / Marc Sapoval, Olivier Pellerin and Laurent Bellmann -- Renal Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Sanjay Misra -- Angioplasty/Stenting of Mesenteric Arteries / Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck -- Carotid Stenting and Angioplasty / Gerald Wyse and Kieran J. Murphy -- Intracranial and Vertebral Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Jitendra Sharma, J. Mocco, Adnan H. Siddiqui and Elad I. Levy -- Angioplasty/Stenting of the Subclavian and Axillary Arteries / Trevor John Cleveland -- Stent-Grafting of the Thoracic Aorta / Jean-Paul Beregi and Marco Midulla -- Elective Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) / Johannes Lammer and Maria Schoder -- Endovascular Management of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm / William C. Loan and Chee Voon Soong -- Angioplasty/Stenting/Lysis/Thrombectomy of Hemodialysis Access / Himanshu Shah and Gordon McLennan -- Thrombolysis for Acute Lower Limb Ischemia / Thomas O. McNamara and Susie J. Muir -- Endovascular Treatment of Acute Stroke / Ali R. Zomorodi and Tony P. Smith -- Venoplasty and Stenting / Haraldur Bjarnason -- Venous Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy for Deep Venous Thrombosis / Nael E. A. Saad and Suresh Vedantham -- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts) / George Behrens and Hector Ferral.
- Handbook of endovascular peripheral interventions 2012, Springer
- Handbook of nuclear cardiology cardiac SPECT and cardiac PET 2013, SpringerPart 1. Ordering the Test: Nuclear Cardiology Procedures -- 1. SPECT / Robert C. Hendel -- 2. Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography / Justin Lundbye -- Part 2. Patient Selection, Which Patient? -- 3. Overview of Guidelines and Appropriate Use Criteria / Katarina H. Nelson and Robert C. Hendel -- 4. Assessment of Patients with Suspected Coronary Artery Disease / Richard T. Ruffin Jr and Gary V. Heller -- 5. Evaluation of Patients with Known Coronary Artery Disease / Dimitrios Barmpouletos and Gary V. Heller -- 6. Preoperative Evaluation / Niberto A. Moreno and Robert C. Hendel -- 7. The Role of Cardiac Nuclear Imaging in Heart Failure Sanjeev U. Nair and Gary V. Heller -- 8. Myocardial Perfusion Imaging in Specific Patient Populations / Raja C. Pullatt and Gary V. Heller -- Part 3. Test performance: How to do it -- 9. Exercise Stress Testing / Jacqueline V.A. Dawson and Robert C. Hendel -- 10. Pharmacologic Stress Testing / Apurva O. Badheka and Robert C. Hendel -- 11. SPECT Radiopharmaceuticals / Vikas Tandon, Nadine Gauthier, and Terrence D. Ruddy -- 12. SPECT Instrumentation / Jared H. Strydhorst, Ross A. Davies, and R. Glenn Wells -- 13. PET Radiopharmaceuticals / Jean N. DaSilva, Ana C. Valadiva, Ilias Mylonas, Tayebeh Hadizad, Robert A. deKemp, and Rob S.B. Beanlands -- 14. PET Instrumentation / Jennifer M. Renaud, Rob S.B. Beanlands, and Robert A. deKemp -- 15. Radiation Safety / Gary R. Small, Benjamin J.W. Chow, Rob S.B. Beanlands, and Renée Hessian -- Part 4. Test Results: What Do They Mean? -- 16. Interpretation and Reporting of SPECT Myocardial Perfusion Imaging / Robert C. Hendel -- 17. Diagnosis, Risk Stratification and Management of Ischemic Heart Disease with Nuclear Cardiology / Tanyanan Tanawuttiwat and Robert C. Hendel -- Part 5. Comparative effectiveness of Nuclear Cardiology -- 18. Exercise Tolerance Testing / Amyn Malik and Gary V. Heller -- 19. Echocardiography / Melissa J. Tracy and Robert C. Hendel -- 20. Cardiac Computed Tomography Imaging / Talhat Azemi and Gary V. Heller -- 21. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (CMR) Imaging / Talhat Azemi and Gary V. Heller -- 22. Cardiac Catheterization / Amyn Malik and Gary V. Heller.
- Handbook of oral anticoagulation. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerThis book covers a wide range of disorders such as atrial fibrillation, artificial heart valves, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and stroke. Handbook of Oral Anticoagulation aims to provide an accessible overview of the exciting new developments in this field. Incorporating numerous quick-reference tables and figures and fully referenced throughout to key papers and the latest reviews, it will be a useful resource for all healthcare professionals involved in thromboprophylaxis.
- With just over half a decade passing since the first edition of the Handbook of Pediatric Cardiovascular Drugs was published, it remains the only book of its nature to provide health care practitioners with a tool to safely and consistently prescribe and administer cardiovascular drugs in children with cardiac disease. In this new edition, the editors have updated this important resource in collaboration with highly reputed authors. This pocket reference handbook remains tailored to help cardiovascular practitioners meet the daily challenges of caring forpatients, from the newborn to the young adult, with cardiac disease. In addition to providing an extensive review of all cardiovascular medications, the Handbook of Pediatric Cardiovascular Drugs, 2nd Edition also discusses the information required to assist caregivers in their daily clinical practice. Physicians, fellows, residents, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurses and other practitioners alike will find this handbook to be an essential resource for drug therapy in complex and high-risk patients with acquired and congenital heart disease.
- Health-related quality of life in cardiovascular patients 2013, SpringerThe genesis of health : evolution of the concept of health-related quality of life -- Quality of life in hypertensive patients -- Quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease -- Quality of life in patients after coronary interventional treatment -- Quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure -- Quality of life in patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances -- Quality of life in patients with implantable cardiac devices -- Quality of life after stroke.
- Heart and circulation an integrative model 2014, SpringerWhat drives the circulation? In this comprehensive review of existing circulation models, the conventional view that the heart is a pressure-propulsion pump is challenged. The existing models fail to explain an increasing number of observed circulatory phenomena. A unifying circulation model is proposed in which the blood, responding to metabolic demands of the tissues, is the primary regulator of cardiac output. This new model arises from accumulated clinical and experimental evidence. The heart, rather than being an organ of blood propulsion, assumes a secondary role and generates pressure by impeding the flow of blood. This is supported by examples from the fields of early embryonic circulation, comparative phylogeny, functional morphology, exercise physiology and a range of clinical scenarios. The Heart and Circulation: An Integrative Model offers a paradigm shift in the understanding of circulatory phenomena. It will become a valuable resource for all those clinicians, researchers, educators and students who, having been confronted with the paradox of the circulation, are looking for a broader interpretation.
- Heart development and regeneration. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect"The development of the cardiovascular system is a rapidly advancing area in biomedical research, now coupled with the burgeoning field of cardiac regenerative medicine. A lucid understanding of these fields is paramount to reducing human cardiovascular diseases of both fetal and adult origin. Significant progress can now be made through a comprehensive investigation of embryonic development and its genetic control circuitry. Heart Development and Regeneration, written by experts in the field, provides essential information on topics ranging from the evolution and lineage origins of the developing cardiovascular system to cardiac regenerative medicine. A reference for clinicians, medical researchers, students, and teachers, this publication offers broad coverage of the most recent advances"--Publisher's description.
- Acute myocardial infarction -- Complications of myocardial infarction and postinfarction care -- Cardiogenic shock -- Angina -- Heart failure -- Arrhythmias -- Cardiac arrest -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemias -- Aortic dissection -- Valvular heart diseases and rheumatic fever -- Infective endocarditis -- Pericarditis and myocarditis -- Cardiomyopathy -- Syncope -- Preoperative management of cardiac patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.
- Heart diseases in children a pediatrician's guide 2011, SpringerCardiac History and Physical Examination -- Cardiac Interpretation of Pediatric Chest X-Ray -- Electrocardiography -- Approach and Interpretation -- Pediatric Echocardiography -- Cardiac Catheterization in Children: Diagnosis and Therapy -- Atrial Septal Defect -- Ventricular Septal Defect -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus -- Atrioventricular Canal Defect -- Pulmonary Stenosis -- Aortic Stenosis -- Coarctation of the Aorta -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Double Outlet Right Ventricle -- Transposition of the Great Arteries -- Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum -- Pulmonary Atresia with Ventricular Septal Defect -- Tricuspid Atresia -- Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return -- Truncus Arteriosus -- Single Ventricle -- Complex Cyanotic Congenital Heart Disease: The Heterotaxy Syndromes -- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome -- Ebstein's Anomaly -- Vascular Rings -- Congenital Abnormalities of Coronary Arteries -- Rheumatic Fever and Rheumatic Heart Disease -- Kawasaki Disease -- Infective Endocarditis -- Myocarditis -- Cardiomyopathy -- Cardiac Arrhythmias -- Hypertension -- Syncope -- Chest Pain -- Innocent Heart Murmurs -- Obesity and Dyslipidemia.
- Heart failure a companion to Braunwald's heart disease. 2nd ed. 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Basic Mechanisms of Heart Failure -- Section 2. Mechanisms of Disease Progression in Heart Failure -- Section 3. Etiological Basis for Heart Failure -- Section 4. Clinical Assessment of Heart Failure -- Section 5. Therapy for Heart Failure.
- Heart failure bench to bedside 2010, SpringerClinical, physiology and genetics changes in heart failure -- Introduction to heart failure -- Cardiac function in heart failure: the role of calcium cycling -- Gene profiling of the failing heart: epigenetics -- Biochemical and molecular changes in heart failure -- Bioenergetics and metabolic changes in the failing heart -- Mitochondrial organelle and the heart -- Multidimensional role of mitochondria in heart failure -- Experimental models of heart failure -- Animal models of heart failure -- Signaling, stress and cellular changes in heart failure -- Signaling cascades in heart failure: from cardiomyocytes growth and survival to mitochondrial signaling pathways -- Cyclic nucleotides signaling (second messengers) and control of myocardial function: effects of heart failure -- Calcium signaling: receptors, effectors, and other signaling pathways -- Oxidative stress and heart failure -- Cardiac remodeling and cell death in heart failure -- Peripheral changes and co-morbid conditions in heart failure -- Heart failure and changes at the periphery: vascular, inflammation, neurohormonal, and renal systems -- Comorbidities in heart failure -- Heart failure in children -- Mechanisms and clinical recognition and management of heart failure in infants and children -- Mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation in children with severe refractory heart failure -- Aging and the failing heart -- Basic mechanisms mediating cardiomyopathy and heart failure in aging -- Heart failure of aging: clinical considerations -- Diagnostic methodology in heart failure -- Diagnosis of heart failure: evidence-based perspective -- "Omics" application in heart failure: novel diagnostic and prognostic markers to understand pathophysiology and find new therapies -- Available and forthcoming therapies for heart failure -- Treatment of chronic heart failure -- Gene therapy in heart failure: forthcoming therapies -- Myocardial cell-based regeneration in heart failure -- Looking to the future -- Future frontiers in heart failure.
- Heart failure in clinical practice / 2010, Springer
- Heart of Leonardo 2013, SpringerLeonardo's heart studies represent the pinnacle of his anatomical endeavours. They integrate structural form and dynamic function in a way that called upon his extensive experience and knowledge of hydrology, engineering, mathematics and architectural design. In his work on the heart, his use of ingenious diagrams as well as detailed representational drawings is cleverly combined with carefully crafted verbal descriptions of complicated physiological concepts. Some of which, developed through drawing, wereso advanced that only now with the advent of accessible technology and advances in modern knowledge of the heart, it is possible to re-interpret his conclusions and reveal how accurate his logical reasoning and pure observation really was. Several of his ideas continue to sit well alongside our modern understanding of cardiac physiology and heart function. This book features all 64 of Leonardo's drawings on the heart and its physiology, accompanied by translations of his accompanying notes.
- Heart rate and rhythm molecular basis pharmacological modulation and clinical implications 2011, SpringerPathological heart rhythms are a major health issue. In this book experts from various fields provide an important context for understanding the complicated molecular and cellular mechanisms that underlie normal and pathophysiological cardiac rhythms. Individual chapters cover a full range of topics, including the ionic basis of pacemaking, the role of specific channels and transporters in sinoatrial node pacemaking, altered intracellular Ca2+ handling in response to disease, computer modeling of the action potentials of pacemaker and working cardiomyocytes, genetic and molecular basis of inherited arrhythmias and a review of established and novel antiarrhythmic agents. Due to the key importance of the specialized pacemaker cells and tissue (sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodes) in maintaining heart rate and rhythm, special emphasis is placed on the peculiar electrophysiology of these cells.
- Heart rate slowing by I[f] current inhibition 2006, KargerHeart rate: a risk factor for cardiac diseases and outcomes? Pathophysiology of cardiac diseases and the potential role of heart rate slowing / Lanza, G.A., Fox, K., Crea, F. -- If current inhibition: cellular basis and physiology / Mangoni, M.E., Marger, L., Nargeot, J. -- Heart rate reduction by pharmacological If current inhibition / Cargnoni, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical perspectives of heart rate slowing for coronary event reduction and heart failure / Danchin, N., Kadri, Z. -- Clinical effect of 'pure' heart rate slowing with a prototype If current inhibitor: placebo-controlled experience with ivabradine / Borer, J.S. -- Heart rate slowing versus other pharmacological antianginal strategies. Results of comparative studies / Diaz, A., Tardif, J.-C. -- Novel If current inhibitor ivabradine: safety considerations / Savelieva, I., Camm, A.J. -- Heart rate slowing for myocardial dysfunction/heart failure. Rationale and preclinical studies / Mulder, P., Thuillez, C. -- Future directions: what data do we need? / Tendera, M.
- Heart rate variability 2014, SpringerThis book is an evaluation of heart rate variability (HRV), the tendency for the heart rate to oscillate, increasing and decreasing depending on a number of factors. Such oscillations can give information on the state of the complex systems involved and can reveal a higher mortality risk. The author discusses the basic functional structures responsible for HRV and the evidence for this. In addition, the book provides a framework to understand HRV within the perspective of systems biology and presents basic principles and related mathematical models. Heart Rate Variability provides a thorough investigation of the clinical aspects of the concept, defining the level of risk, the practical management algorithms and clarification of the common mechanisms, such as heart rate turbulence. As such, this book will be of interest to all involved in the research and management of all the cardiovascular conditions related to this phenomenon.
- Heart valve surgery an illustrated guide 2010, SpringerHistory of heart valve surgery -- Surgical anatomy of the heart valves -- Overview of the valve replacement devices -- Choice of the optimal valve for replacement -- Aortic valve surgery -- Mitral valve surgery -- Tricuspid valve surgery -- Pulmonary valve surgery -- Dysfunction of implanted heart valves -- Results of heart valve surgery.
- Heart valves from design to clinical implantation 2013, SpringerAnatomy, Physiology, Congenital Defects, and Disease --The Anatomy and Function of the Atrioventricular Valves /Michael G. Bateman, Jason L. Quill, Alexander J. Hill, Paul A. Iaizzo --The Anatomy and Function of the Semilunar Valves /Michael G. Bateman, Jason L. Quill, Alexander J. Hill, Paul A. Iaizzo --Congenital Heart Defects That Include Cardiac Valve Abnormalities /Roosevelt Bryant III --Acquired Valve Disease and Processes /Cindy M. Martin --Valve Repair and Replacement --History of Heart Valve Repair /Lauren B. Kwasny, Richard W. Bianco, Luis H. Toledo-Pereyra, --Heart Valve Disease /Ranjit John, Kenneth Liao --Advanced 3D Imaging and Transcatheter Valve Repair/Implantation /Paul Schoenhagen, Andrew C. Y. To --Transcatheter Mitral Repair and Replacement /Jason L. Quill, Ana R. Menk, Gilbert H. L. Tang --Percutaneous Pulmonary Valve Implantation: The First Transcatheter Valve /Silvia Schievano, Andrew M. Taylor, Philipp Bonhoeffer --Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation /Nicolo Piazza, Darren Mylotte --Tissue-Engineered Heart Valves /Jillian B. Schmidt, Robert T. Tranquillo --Testing and Regulatory Issues --In Vitro Testing of Heart Valve Substitutes /Timothy A. Kelley, Sal Marquez, Carl F. Popelar --Numerical Methods for Design and Evaluation of Prosthetic Heart Valves /Michael J. Schendel, Carl F. Popelar --Animal Models for Cardiac Valve Research /Sarah E. Ahlberg, Michael G. Bateman, Michael D. Eggen, Jason L. Quill --The Use of Isolated Heart Models and Anatomic Specimens as Means to Enhance the Design and Testing of Cardiac Valve Therapies /Michael G. Bateman, Alexander J. Hill, Jason L. Quill, Michael D. Eggen --Successful Development and Regulatory Approval of Replacement Cardiac Valves /Stephen A. Howard, Michael G. Bateman, Timothy G. Laske, Paul A. Iaizzo --Clinical Trial Requirements for Cardiac Valves /Jenna C. Iaizzo, Anna T. F. Lovas.
- Principles of Ultrasounds and Principal Views -- Transthoracic Echocardiography: Normal Two-Dimensional and Doppler Imaging -- Transesophageal Echocardiography: Principal Views -- Echocardiography in the Critically Ill: An Overview -- Echocardiography in the Critically Ill: An Overview -- Heart-Lung Interactions in Mechanical Ventilation -- Measurement of Stroke Volume and Cardiac Output Using Echocardiography and Doppler -- Assessment of Fluid Requirements: Fluid Responsiveness -- Assessment of Fluid Requirements: Fluid Responsiveness -- Evaluation of Left Ventricular Systolic Function -- Evaluation of Left Ventricular Systolic Function -- Hemodynamic Evaluation in the Patient with Arrhythmias -- Diagnosis and Management of Circulatory Failure -- Diagnosing the Mechanisms of Circulatory Failure -- Septic Shock -- Cardiogenic Shock Associated with Acute Left-Heart Failure -- Echocardiographic Evaluation and Monitoring of Right Ventricular Function and Pulmonary Artery Pressures -- Pericardial Effusion and Cardiac Tamponade -- Echocardiography and Extracorporeal Life Support in Intensive Care Unit -- Diagnosis and Management of Acute Respiratory Failure -- Pulmonary Edema: Which Role for Echocardiography in the Diagnostic Workup? -- Why and How to Use Echocardiography in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome -- Specific Situations -- Thoracic Trauma -- Hemodynamic Instability in Cardiac Surgical Patients -- Acute Aortic Syndrome: Acute Aortic Diseases in Hemodynamically Unstable Patients -- Outlook -- Learning and Competence in Critical Care Echocardiography -- Ehocardiography Alone or Coupled with Other Hemodynamic Devices? -- Future Applications.
- Hemodynamics and cardiology neonatology questions and controversies. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyNeonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Introduction to high-density lipoprotein, dyslipidemia, and coronary heart disease -- Regulation of ApoA-I gene expression and prospects to increase plasma ApoA-I and HDL levels -- High density lipoprotein particles -- The kinetics and remodeling of HDL particles: lessons from inborn errors of lipid metabolism -- HDL structure, function, and anti-inflammatory properties -- Human apolipoprotein A-I deficiency -- Human apolipoprotein A-I mutants -- ATP binding cassette A1 transporter function and Tangier disease -- The role ABCG1 in cellular cholesterol efflux: relevance to atherosclerosis and endothelial function -- In vitro studies and mass flux of cholesterol between serum and macrophages -- Genetic LCAT deficiency: molecular diagnosis, plasma lipids, and atherosclerosis -- Human cholesteryl ester transfer protein in human HDL metabolism -- The HDL receptor SR-BI -- Genetic loci influencing plasma high density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations in humans -- Nutritional and lifestyle factors and high-density lipoprotein metabolism -- Effects of ethanol intake on high density lipoprotein metabolism in humans -- Effects of estrogen on HDL metabolism -- Effects of niacin on HDL metabolism -- Effects of statins on HDL metabolism -- Therapeutic regulation of high-density lipoprotein transport in the metabolic syndrome -- Effects of cholesterol ester transfer protein inhibition on HDL metabolism -- HDL infusion therapy -- High-density lipoproteins, dyslipidemia, and heart disease: past, present, and future.
- HIV infection and the cardiovascular system 2003, Karger
- Preface --ch. 1.Structure and function of the normal heart --ch. 2.Valves of the heart --ch. 3.Pumping action of the heart --ch. 4.Blood supply of the heart --ch. 5. Thefunctioning normal heart --ch. 6.Heart failure --ch. 7.Hypertensive heart disease --ch. 8.Coronary heart disease --ch. 9. Theheart valves --ch. 10. Theautonomic or automatic nervous system --ch. 11. Theelectrocardiogram --ch. 12.Cardiac arrhythmias --ch. 13.Congenital heart disease --ch. 14.Rheumatic heart disease --ch. 15.Pregnancy and heart disease --ch. 16.Pulmonary heart disease --ch. 17.Imaginary heart disease --ch. 18.To pace or not to pace --ch. 19.Medical treatment of heart failure --ch. 20.Catheterization of the heart and coronary arteriography --ch. 21.Cardiac surgery --ch. 22.Heart attack --ch. 23.Measuring the efficiency of the heart --ch. 24.Special diagnostic procedures --Review test --Answers --Appendix : Notes for coronary intensive units --Index.
- Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. 2011 (13th ed)., AccessMedicine"It has been 44 years since the publication of the first edition of Hurst's the Heart, the first multidisciplinary and comprehensive textbook on cardiovascular disease. Through 13 editions, The Heart has always represented a cornerstone of current scholarship in the discipline. Cardiologists, internists, and trainees from around the world have relied on its authority, breadth of coverage, and clinical relevance to keep up to date on advances in the field and to help optimize patient care. The 13th edition of The Heart continues and actually exceeds this standard-setting tradition with 19 new chapters and 59 new authors from around the globe who are experts in their respective content areas"--Preface.
- Hypertension-- a companion to Braunwald's heart disease. 2nd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyEffectively manage the chronic problems of your hypertensive patients with the practical clinical tools inside Hypertension, 2nd Edition: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease. This respected cardiology reference covers everything you need to know - from epidemiology and pathophysiology through diagnosis, risk stratification, treatment, outcome studies, concomitant diseases, special populations and special situations, and future treatments. Confidently meet the needs of special populations with chronic hypertensive disease, as well as hypertension and concomitant disease. Learn new methods of aggressive patient management and disease prevention to help ensure minimal risk of further cardiovascular problems. Benefit from the authors' Clinical Pearls to reduce complications of hypertension.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy from molecular and genetic mechanisms to clinical management. 2001, HighWire
- Hyponatremia evaluation and treatment 2013, SpringerEpidemiology and Significance of Hyponatremia -- Physiology of Water Balance and Pathophysiology of Hyponatremia -- Utility of Electrolyte-Free Water Clearance in the Analysis and Treatment of the Dysnatremias -- Cerebral-Renal Salt Wasting -- CNS Manifestations of Hyponatremia and Its Treatment -- Hyponatremia Induced by Drugs -- Hyponatremia in Heart Failure -- Hyponatremia in Cirrhosis: Evaluation and Treatment -- Hyponatremia in Psychosis -- Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia -- Vasopressin Receptor Antagonists -- Treatment of Hyponatremia.
- Angio-TC /Michele Anzidei, Guendalina Menichini and Carlo Catalano --Angio-RM /Michele Anzidei, Guendalina Menichini and Carlo Catalano --Post-processing /Pietro Sedati, Fulvio Zaccagna and Carlo Augusto Mallio --La placca aterosclerotica /Ilaria Iacucci, Luca Saba and Michele Anzidei --Il circolo intracranico /Eytan Raz, Emanuele Tinelli, Francesca Caramia and Ferdinando D'Ambrosio --Arterie carotidi /Beatrice Cavallo Marincola, Eugenio Marotta and Michele Anzidei --Aorta toracica /Nicola Galea, Matteo Mangia and Ilaria Iampieri --Circolo polmonare /Alessandro Napoli, Federica Ciolina and Luca Bertaccini --Circolo coronarico /Marco Francone, Francesco Vullo, Bettina Conti and Giuseppe Cannavale --Aorta addominale /Eugenio Marotta, Maurizio Del Monte and Carlo Catalano --Arterie renali e vasi splancnici /Pietro Sedati, Fulvio Zaccagna and Riccardo Rosati --Arti superiori /Alessandro Napoli, Gaia Cartocci and Pier Luigi Di Paolo --Arti inferiori /Beatrice Cavallo Marincola, Giulia Brachetti and Carlo Catalano --Whole body /Alessandro Napoli, Fulvio Zaccagna, Luisa Di Mare and Flavio Malpassini --Malformazioni artero-venose /Fabrizio Fanelli, Pierleone Lucatelli and Massimiliano Allegritti --Vasculiti /Chiara Zini, Vincenzo Noce and Fabrizio Boni --Sistema venoso /Francesco Fraioli, Goffredo Serra and Matteo Paoletti.
- Imaging coronary arteries. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerClinical anatomy of the coronary circulation -- Basic techniques in the acquisition of cardiac images with CT -- Examination of the coronary arteries -- Image reconstruction -- Coronary pathophysiology -- Clinical classification of coronary artery disease : who should be treated? -- Intravascular ultrasound : from gray-scale to virtual histology -- Identification and characterization of the atherosclerotic plaque using coronary CT angiography -- Coronary CT angiography : evaluation of stenosis and occlusion -- Current strategies in cardiac surgery -- Coronary CT angiography : evaluation of coronary artery bypass grafts -- Coronary stents -- CT angiography of coronary stents -- X-ray exposure in coronary CT angiography -- Optical coherence tomography in the cathlab -- Triple rule out : the use of cardiac CT in the emergency room -- Contraindications to coronary CT angiography -- Prognostic value of coronary CT -- Clinical cases.
- Imaging coronary atherosclerosis 2014, SpringerThis book presents a comprehensive overview of the major approaches to the imaging of the coronary arteries. These modalities, which include traditional angiography as well as intravascular and non-invasive imaging techniques, are used to diagnose and quantify the extent of obstructive disease due to atherosclerosis. Featuring contributions from leading authorities in the field, Imaging Coronary Atherosclerosis describes the visualization of coronary atherosclerosis through state-of the art techniques such as intravascular ultrasound, coronary near-infrared spectroscopy, computed tomography angiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and molecular imaging. This authoritative resource discusses how these modalities enhance the understanding of the disease process and the ways in which cardiologists can integrate them into clinical practice.
- Implantable cardiac devices technology 2013, SpringerHistory and development of pacing -- Basic principles of cardiac pacemaker technology -- Heart anatomy and physiology -- Pharmacological treatment of cardiac rhythm disorders -- Pacing modes -- Indications for implantable system treatment -- Leads -- Pacing systems -- Pacemaker timing -- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Cardiac resynchronization therapy -- Implantation, explantation, and replacement of devices and leads -- Patient follow-up -- Electromagnetic compatibility and technical requirements.
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator stored ECGs clinical management and case reports 2007, Springer
- Importance of right ventricular function in pulmonary hypertension proceedings of a workshop devoted to right ventricular function and pulmonary hypertension Barcelona, Spain, September 2, 2006 2007, HighWire
- Indications and techniques of percutaneous procedures coronary, peripheral, and structural heart disease 2011, Springer1 Vascular anatomy -- 2 Catheters, guidewires, sheaths, and balloons -- 3 Complex coronary interventions -- 4 Fractional flow reserve and intravascular ultrasound -- 5 Peripheral interventions -- 6 Structural heart disease.
- Inflammatory response in cardiovascular surgery 2013, SpringerPart I:General Topics.Neuroendocrine Response and Shock /Riad N. Younes, Fernando C. Abrão --The Role of Lymphocytes in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis: Focus on CD4+ T Cell Subsets /Ingrid E. Dumitriu --Immunological Mechanisms of Inflammation /Nilo José Coêlho Duarte, Cyro Alves de Brito, Alberto José da Silva Duarte --Part II:Carotid Diseases.Role of Lipoproteins in Carotid Arterial Disease /Efthymios D. Avgerinos, Christos D. Liapis --Carotid Endarterectomy: Inflammatory Aspects /Sthefano Atique Gabriel, Edmo Atique Gabriel --Endovascular Treatment of Carotid Disease: Inflammatory Aspects /Sthefano Atique Gabriel, Edmo Atique Gabriel --Part III:Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases and Aortic Wall Degradation in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms /George A. Antoniou, George S. Georgiadis --Role of Haptoglobin in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm /Valerio Napolioni --Inflammatory Aortic Aneurysm /Guilherme Vieira Meirelles --Endovascular Treatment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: Current Approaches and New Devices /Armando de Carvalho Lobato, Robert Guimarães do Nascimento --
- Integrating cardiology for nuclear medicine physicians a guide to nuclear medicine physicians 2009, Springer
- This book provides an introduction to the principles of both cardiovascular epidemiology and molecular pathophysiology; as a unique aspect, it also outlines and discusses the molecular concepts underlying epidemiological observations. This first volume is focused on the genetic and molecular basis of pathogenesis and the role of environmental factors triggering cardiovascular dysfunctions. The book promotes the use of interdisciplinary approaches in the field of preventive medicine based on recent advances in molecular and cellular pathophysiology. The book offers a valuable resource work for researchers in basic biomedical fields and clinical scientists alike, as well as guidelines for novel avenues of research in both basic pathophysiology and cardiovascular therapy and prevention.
- Intermittent hypoxia and human diseases 2012, SpringerPart 1.Intermittent Hypoxia and Cardiovascular Disorders --Sleep-Disordered Breathing and Cardiac Arrhythmias: Role of Intermittent Hypoxia /Thomas Bitter --Effects of Chronic Intermittent Hypoxia on Cardiac Rhythm Transcriptomic Networks /Sanda Iacobas and Dumitru Andrei Iacobas --Intermittent Hypoxia and Atherosclerosis /Demet Tekin, Elisa Chong and Lei Xi --Protective Effects of Chronic Intermittent Hypoxia Against Myocardial Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury /Huang-Tian Yang, Yi Zhang, Zhi-Hua Wang and Zhao-Nian Zhou --Role of Mitochondrial Permeability Transition Pore in Intermittent Hypoxia-Induced Cardiac and Neuronal Protection /Galina Vavilova, Tatyana Shimanskaya, Nataliya Strutynska, Sergey Talanov and Vadim Sagach --Intermittent Hypoxia Alters the Function of Cardiovascular Neurons and Reflex Pathways in the Brainstem /David D. Kline and David Mendelowitz.Part 2.Intermittent Hypoxia and Respiratory Disorders --Effect of Intermittent Hypoxia on Breathing Stability in Individuals with Sleep Apnea /Jason H. Mateika --Activation of Inflammatory Circulating Factors by Intermittent Hypoxia in Sleep Apnea Syndrome /Larissa Dyugovskaya and Andrey Polyakov --Beneficial Effects of Intermittent Normobaric Hypoxic Training on Respiratory Function in Patients with Chronic Pulmonary Diseases /Mikhail I. Levashov --Effects of Intermittent Hypoxic Training on Exercise Tolerance in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease /Martin Burtscher --Intermittent Hypoxia in Treatment of Bronchial Asthma in Childhood /Tatiana V. Serebrovskaya, Alexander N. Bakunovsky, Klaudia V. Nesvitailova and Iryna N. Mankovska.Part 3.Intermittent Hypoxia and Neurological Disorders --Intermittent Hypoxia and Experimental Parkinson's Disease /Maria V. Belikova, Evgenia E. Kolesnikova and Tatiana V. Serebrovskaya --Protective Effects of Adaptation to Hypoxia in Experimental Alzheimer's Disease /Eugenia B. Manukhina, Anna V. Goryacheva, Maya G. Pshennikova, Igor Yu. Malyshev and Robert T. Mallet, et al. --Neuroprotective Mechanisms of Intermittent Hypoxia: An In Vitro Study /Galina Skibo, Maxim Orlovsky, Anastasiia Maistrenko, Victor Dosenko and Iryna Lushnikova.Part 4.Intermittent Hypoxia and Occupational, Environmental, and Other Disorders --Intermittent Hypoxic Training to Enhance Endurance in Elite Swimmers /Nikolai I. Volkov --Adaptation to Intermittent Hypoxia/Hyperoxia Enhances Efficiency of Exercise Training /Tatyana G. Sazontova, Antonina V. Bolotova, Irina V. Bedareva, Nadezhda V. Kostina and Yuriy V. Arkhipenko --Hypobaric Interval Hypoxia as a Nonmedication Method for Improving the Functional State of Aerospace Pilots and Astronauts /Igor B. Ushakov, Anatoli A. Shishov, Vladimir N. Komarevtsev and Vladimir N. Filatov --Intermittent Hypoxia Remedies Male Subfertility /R. James Swanson and Zoya Serebrovska --Anticancer Effects of Intermittent Hypoxia in Acute Myeloid Leukemia /Guo-Qiang Chen and Wei Liu --Energotropic Effects of Intermittent Hypoxia: Role of Succinate-Dependent Signaling /Ludmila D. Lukyanova, Yu I. Kirova and Elina L. Germanova --Intermittent Hypoxia and Health: From Evolutionary Aspects to Mitochondria Rejuvenation /Arkadi F. Prokopov.Part 5.Methods and Equipment for Therapeutic use of Intermittent Hypoxia in Humans --Benefits and Risks of Different Regimen of Intermittent Hypoxic Training /Katerina Rozova, Olga Gonchar and Iryna N. Mankovska --Individualized Intermittent Hypoxia Training: Principles and Practices /Tatiana V. Serebrovskaya and Lei Xi --Hypoxicators: Review of the Operating Principles and Constructions /Viktor A. Lopata and Tatiana V. Serebrovskaya --Method of Combined Intermittent Hypoxia and Surface Muscle Electrostimulation for Enhancing Peripheral Stem Cells in Humans /Ginés Viscor, Casimiro Javierre, Teresa Pagès, Luisa Corral and Joan Ramon Torrella, et al.
- Interstitial fibrosis in heart failure 2005, Springer
- Interventional cardiac catheterization handbook. 3rd ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyThe newly updated Interventional Cardiac Catheterization Handbook helps you to effectively perform common therapeutic interventions. This convenient, pocket-sized handbook provides full-color illustrations and videos showcasing up-to-date, step-by-step methods for the most widely practiced interventional cardiology procedures! Review traditional procedures as well as more specialized interventions, including laser angioplasty, atherectomy, and stent implantation. Quickly access the information you need with the help of an easy-to-read outline format, which includes helpful tables and boldfaced key terms. An excellent complement to the 5th Edition of Kern's Cardiac Catheterization Handbook, the Interventional Cardiac Catheterization Handbook is also an ideal review tool for the boards.
- Percutaneous mitral balloon valvuloplasty for patients with rheumatic mitral stenosis : immediate and long-term followup results / Igor F. Palacios -- Balloon aortic and pulmonic valvuloplasty / Ted E. Feldman, Timothy A. Sanborn, and William W. O'Neill -- Pathophysiology and percutaneous coronary sinus repair of mitral regurgitation / Nicholas Valettas, Joseph H. Gorman III, and Robert C. Gorman -- Percutaneous coronary sinus approach to the treatment of mitral regurgitation / Fumiaki Ikeno ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous mitral valve repair with the edge-to-edge technique / Frederick G. St. Goar ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous valve insertion for the treatment of calcific aortic valve stenosis / Alain Cribier ... [et al.] -- Patent foramen ovale : neurological considerations / Steven R. Messa, Scott E. Kasner, and Anthony Furlan -- CardioSEAL, cardioSEAL-STARFlex, and PFO-star closure of PFO / Michael J. Landzberg -- Percutaneous closure of patent foramen ovale with the amplatzer PFO occluder : European experience / Andreas Wahl, Stephan Windecker, and Bernhard Meier --Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects using the amplatzer devices / Hitendra Patel ... [et al.] -- An overview of device closure of ventricular septal defects using the amplatzer devices / Ralf Holzer, Qi-Ling Cao, and Ziyad M. Hijazi -- Left atrial appendage occlusion / Mark Reisman -- Devices for myocardial preservation / Simon R. Dixon and William W. O'Neill -- Percutaneous mechanical assist devices / Suresh R. Mulukutla and Howard A. Cohen -- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy / Haran Burri and Ulrich Sigwart -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and myocardial regeneration / G. Chad Hughes and Brian H. Annex -- Renal and iliac intervention / Michael T. Caulfield, Dharsh Fernando, and Kenneth Rosenfield -- Percutaneous carotid artery stenting / Cameron Haery and Jay S. Yadav -- Aortic stent grafting : percutaneous and surgical approaches / Omaida C. Velazquez, Edward Woo, and Ronald M. Fairman -- Interventional echocardiography / Frank E. Silvestry -- 3D angiography / Nathan E. Green ... [et al.] -- Interventional cardiovascular MRI : current status and future directions / Milind Y. Desai, Albert C. Lardo, and Joao A.C. Lima.
- Interventional pericardiology pericardiocentesis, pericardioscopy, pericardial biopsy, balloon pericardiotomy, and intrapericardial therapy 2011, Springer
- Interventional procedures for adult structural heart disease 2014, ClinicalKeyApply the latest percutaneous techniques with the practical, highly illustrated Interventional Procedures for Structural Heart Disease. This brand-new medical reference book presents full-color images, numerous tables, and invaluable clinical pearls to help you utilize today's hottest techniques and technologies for each disease, so you can offer your patients the most desirable outcomes possible. Master today's hottest percutaneous procedures for structural heart disease as perfected by experts from around the world, including transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), percutaneous paravalvular leak closure, transcatheter mitral valve interventions, a wide variety of adult congenital cardiovascular defect interventions, and more.Grasp the specific knowledge you will need for success in a variety of clinical scenarios, as well as the patient selection criteria for each invasive procedure.Make informed, evidence-based decisions with the latest clinical trial results and evidence integrated into each chapter.Visualize the newest techniques and technologies more clearly through a full-color design featuring illustrations, tables, clinical pearls, complications, and current evidence boxes.
- Interventional treatment of advanced ischemic heart disease 2009, Springer
- Intraoperative echocardiography. 1st ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyIntraoperative Echocardiography - a volume in the exciting new Practical Echocardiography Series edited by Dr. Catherine M. Otto -provides practical, how-to guidance on intraoperative echocardiography in adult and pediatric patients. Definitive, expert instruction from Dr. Donald C. Oxorn is presented in a highly visual, case-based approach that facilitates understanding and equips you to master this difficult technique while overcoming the unique challenges and risks it presents. Master challenging and advanced intraoperative echocardiography techniques such as epiaortic echocardiography and 3-D echocardiography through a practical, step-by-step format that provides a practical approach to image acquisition and analysis, technical details, pitfalls, and case examples. Reference the information you need quickly thanks to easy-to-follow, templated chapters, with an abundance of figures and tables that facilitate visual learning. Become an expert in echocardiographic evaluation of complex valvular heart disease, congenital heart disease, and intravascular devices in patients undergoing cardiac surgery and interventional cardiology procedures.
- Introduction to cardiopulmonary exercise testing 2013, SpringerCardiopulmonary exercise testing is an important diagnostic test in pulmonary medicine and cardiology. Capable of providing significantly more information about an individual's exercise capacity than standard exercise treadmill or 6-minute walk tests, the test is used for a variety of purposes including evaluating patients with unexplained exercise limitation or dyspnea on exertion, monitoring disease progression or response to treatment, determining fitness to undergo various surgical procedures and monitoring the effects of training in highly fit athletes. Introduction to Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing is a unique new text that is ideal for trainees. It is presented in a clear, concise and easy-to-follow manner and is capable of being read in a much shorter time than the available texts on this topic. Chapters describe the basic physiologic responses observed during sustained exercise and explain how to perform and interpret these studies. The utility of the resource is further enhanced by several sections of actual patient cases, which provide opportunities to begin developing test interpretation skills. Given the widespread use of cardiopulmonary exercise testing in clinical practice, trainees in pulmonary and critical care medicine, cardiology, sports medicine, exercise physiology, and occasionally internal medicine, will find Introduction to Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing to be an essential and one of a kind reference.
- Johns Hopkins manual of cardiac surgical care [edited by] John V. Conte ... [et al.].. 2nd ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyPreoperative assessment / Maryhelen Miller and Glenn Beauman -- Cardiovascular pharmacological agents / Paul K. Simmonds, Jr., Danial Nyhan, and Dan E. Berkowitz -- Coronary artery disease / Tain-Yen Hsia, Eric A. Peck, and John V. Conte -- Valvular heart disease / David J. Caparelli and John V. Conte -- Diseases of the aorta / Glen D. Quigley, Jason A. Williams, and John V. Conte -- Surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias / Ashish S. Shah and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart transplantation and treatment of end-stage heart disease / Jason A. Williams and Brian T. Bethea -- Mechanical devices / Pramod Bonde and John V. Conte -- Postoperative hemodynamic management / Todd Dorman and Daniel Nyhan -- Hemostasis, coagulopathy, and tamponade / Ala' Sami Haddadin Nauder Farraday -- Fluid, electrolyte, and renal function / Jeffrey M. Dodd-O -- Postoperative myocardial ischemia / Edward W. Verde -- Postoperative pulmonary management / Kelly Grogan -- Management of postoperative cardiac arrhythmias / Elizabeth Martinez ... [et al.] -- Postoperative infection in cardiac surgery / Theresa L. Hartsell -- Neurologic sequelae of cardiac surgery / James Weller -- Anticoagulation / Sue Aumick, Valerie Elliot, and Gloria Peithman -- Physical rehabilitation / Melissa Trottman and Amy Pippenger -- Special care issues / Jennifer Moyer, Christina Cafeo, and Mary Lohmann-Edwards.
- Johns Hopkins Textbook of cardiothoracic surgery. 2nd ed. 2014, AccessSurgeryPart I. General thoracic surgery -- Part II. Adult Cardiac Sugery -- Part III. Congenital Cardiac Sugery.
- Kaplan's Cardiac anesthesia the echo era. 6th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyOptimize perioperative outcomes with Dr. Joel L. Kaplan and a host of other authorities help you make the best use of the latest techniques and navigate your toughest clinical challenges. Whether you are administering anesthesia to cardiac surgery patients or to cardiac patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery, you'll have the guidance you need to avoid complications and ensure maximum patient safety. Inside this edition you'll find state-of-the-art coverage of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), minimally invasive/robotic cardiac surgery, cardiac assist devices and artificial hearts, cardiac pacing and cardiac resynchronization therapy, and many other cutting-edge topics. Tap into the latest knowledge about 2D and 3D transesophageal echocardiography, anesthesia delivery for minimally invasive/robotic cardiac surgery, assist devices and artificial hearts, cardiac pacing, cardiac resynchronization therapy, ablation techniques, and more.
- Learning cardiac imaging 2010, Springer
- Left main coronary artery disease a practical guide for the interventional cardiologist 2009, Springer
- Living with coronary disease 2007, Springer
- Local cardiac renin angiotensin-aldosterone system 2006, Springer
- Local cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone system. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Magnetic resonance angiography principles and applications 2012, Springer
- Magnetic resonance imaging of congenital heart disease 2012, SpringerThis textbook is alone in focusing on the subject of cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging in pediatric and adult patients with congenital heart disease. The topic of congenital heart disease imaging is usually relegated to a single chapter in most general CMR texts. The expanding scope of CHD warrants a text dedicated to covering CHD and CMR imaging in detail. Our proposed book aims to be a comprehensive and authoritative text on this subject.
- Malignant effusions pleuritis, ascites, pericardites 2012, SpringerMorphological and Functional Characteristics of Serous Cavities /Olga V. Lebedinskaya, Irina Zh Shubina, Natalia Yu Anisimova, Alexey N. Kopylov and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Pathogenesis of Malignant Effusions /Irina O. Chikileva, Natalia Yu Anisimova, Irina Zh Shubina and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Diagnosis and Treatment of Malignant Pleural Effusion /Sergi Call, David Sánchez and Ramón Rami-Porta --Malignant Ascites: Diagnosis and Treatment /Fausto Petrelli and Sandro Barni --Malignant Pericardial Disease /Caroline Chiles and Girish Shroff --Adoptive Immunotherapy of Malignant Effusions /Irina Zh Shubina, Konstantin S. Titov, Irina O. Chikileva, Lev V. Demidov and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Hyperthermia and Intracavitary Chemotherapy in Prevention and Treatment of Malignant Effusions /Gianfranco Baronzio, Giammaria Fiorentini, Marco Ballerini, Valter Cassuti and Giorgio Forzenigo, et al.
- Management of cardiac arrhythmias. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Management of cardiovascular disease in women 2014, Springer"This book summarizes the great progress in the treatment of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Due to improved therapies, preventive strategies and increased public awareness, CVD mortality has been on the decline for both genders. Unfortunately, the decline has been less prominent for women, and CVD remains the leading cause of mortality for women in the United States and is responsible for a third of all deaths of women worldwide. Management of Cardiovascular Disease in Women provides a comprehensive overview of differences in cardiac problems in women including the challenges and limitations of the available literature. Unique aspects to women's heart health such as pregnancy, the impact of emotional stress and other psychosocial issues are discussed by leading experts in the field. They therefore provide important insight to cardiovascular care in women, making this book an essential resource for a wide range of practitioners including cardiologists, primary care providers, internists, and reproductive healthcare professionals."--Publisher's website.
- Management of heart failure v.1-2, 2008., Springerv.2, 2008 Springerv. 1. Medical / edited by Ragavendra R. Baliga, Bertram Pitt, and Michael M. Givertz -- v. 2. Surgical / edited by Jai Raman.
- Management of pericardial disease 2014, SpringerThe clinical aspects of pericardial disease encompass acute and recurrent pericarditis, pericardial effusion and pericardial tamponade, constrictive pericarditis, and effusive-constrictive pericarditis. These disorders differ not only in clinical presentation but also in the timeline of development, thus management of pericardial disease can be challenging for many clinicians. To assist medical professionals with this often complex area, this book provides an extensive review of pericardial disease evaluation and management in a unified, stepwise pathway-based approach. Management of Pericardial Disease contains a selection of defining clinical images to guide in identification and management of pericardial disease. Fellows, residents, cardiologists, thoracic medicine physicians, cardiothoracic surgeons, radiologists, and intensive care and emergency medicine physicians alike will find this book to be an essential resource for developing the skills and knowledge applicable to managing pericardial disease in patients.
- Manual of coronary chronic total occlusion interventions a step-by-step approach 2014, ScienceDirectManual of Coronary Chronic Total Occlusion Interventions: A Step-by-Step Approach is a practical, easy to read reference for coronary chronic total occlusion interventions (CTO). Written by recognized national and international experts in the field, this reference compiles the steps necessary to preform, pitfalls to watch out for, and troubleshooting needed for coronary chronic total occlusion interventions (CTO). A practical, case-oriented and easy to read reference with illustrations and step-by-step guidance for coronary chronic total occlusion interventions (CTO).Includes expert guidance reviewed by leaders in the field with both large clinical experience with high success rates and extensive experience proctoring CTOs in multiple clinical centers.
- Manual of exercise testing. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKey
- Manual of heart failure management 2009, Springer
- Manual of outpatient cardiology 2012, SpringerAn ever growing population of patients are affected by cardiac disease. Most of these diseases are chronic in nature and require long term outpatient follow up. Subsequently, outpatient providers are finding themselves responsible for an increasing number of patients with cardiovascular issues. Appropriate diagnosis and management of cardiac disease is essential to providing high quality care in an efficient manner. There is a wide spectrum of providers involved in the care of these patients, many of which are not cardiologists. The Manual of Outpatient Cardiology is written in a practical, didactic format designed to deliver point-of-care information to practitioners of cardiology and assist non-cardiologists with the efficient management of cardiac disease. Highly illustrated with schematics and useful clinical figures, this book is an essential reference to all outpatient cardiology procedures.
- Manual of thoracic endoaortic surgery 2010, Springer
- "One of the strengths of Marriott's Practical Electrocardiography through its more than 50-year history has been its lucid foundation for understanding the basis for ECG interpretation. Again, in this revision, we have attempted to retain the best of the Marriott tradition--emphasis on the concepts required for everyday ECG interpretation and the simplicities, rather than complexities, of the ECG recordings. During preparation of the 9th and 10th editions, Tobin Lim coauthored many of the 11th edition chapters and served as the primary developer of the digital content associated with that edition. Tobin Lim's input continues into this 12th edition, and David Strauss has led even further into the electronic-based interactive learning experiences. More than 30 of the figures that evolved through previous editions have now been converted through the creative expertise of Mark Flanders into animated movies accessed via QR codes imbedded in the book. David has also collaborated with electrocardiographic educators who are especially skilled in e-based education to add interactive video content to many of the 12th edition chapters. Each of the now 24 chapters is divided (as indicated in the table of contents) into discrete, compact "learning units." Each learning unit begins on a new page to provide blank space for the reader's notes. The purpose of the learning units is to make this book easier to use by allowing the reader to be selective regarding the material to be considered at a particular time. Because the modern student of electrocardiography is primarily oriented to a visual perspective, we have typically begun each page with an illustration"--Provided by publisher.
- This volume in the acclaimed Mastery Series delivers clear, how-to guidance on the most commonly performed procedures in adult and pediatric thoracic surgery. As with other volumes in the series, Mastery of Cardiothoracic Surgery delivers expert commentary from master surgeons following each chapter. Invaluable for cardiothoracic fellows, as well as thoracic and cardiac surgeons. Comprehensive text follows the Mastery style--with comments from the expert editors at the end of each chapter to help hone technique, improve results, and minimize error. Procedure-based chapters address critical details--from indications and preoperative assessment to surgical technique, postsurgical follow-up, and management of complications. Broad coverage addresses thoracic, adult cardiac, and congenital cardiac procedures to prepare readers for any challenge. NEW to the Third Edition ... Full-color design and art enliven the text and facilitate visual learning. New chapters address key disorders and surgical interventions--including Ascending Aortic Aneurysms, Minimally Invasive Maze Procedure, Reoperative Cardiac Surgery, Repair of Esophageal Hernia, Repair of Pectus Deformities, Thoracic Sympathectomy, and Percutaneous Mitral and Aortic Valve Repairs. Companion website provides access to the fully searchable text and images from the book.--Provided by publisher.
- MDCT and MRI of the heart 2014, SpringerThe new series A-Z Notes in Radiological Practice and Reporting provides practical guides for residents and general radiologists, organized alphabetically, primarily according to disease or condition. All booklets are designed so as to comprise only a small number of illustrations and to cover a large spectrum of topicsreferring to different anatomical regions of interest. The first volume on cardiac CT and MR imaging contains all the practical suggestions that can help a radiologist in the execution and reporting of a cardiac examination. The book is structured to offer an easy and fast consultation on cardiac imaging and pathology with the use of tables and figures. Entries typically include a short description of pathological and clinical characteristics, guidance on selection of the most appropriate imaging technique, a schematic review of potential diagnostic clues, and useful tips and tricks.
- Mechanical circulatory support a companion to Braunwald's heart disease 2012, ClinicalKeyHistorical aspects of mechanical circulatory support -- Potential population for long-term use of left ventricular assist devices -- Acute decompensated heart failure -- Pathophysiology of stage D heart failure -- Risk factors for mortality with heart failure -- Candidate selection for long-term left ventricular assist device therapy for advanced heart failure -- Preoperative patient optimization for mechanical circulatory support -- Current types of devices for mechanical circulatory support -- Special clinical settings for mechanical circulatory support -- Perioperative anesthetic management for ventricular assist device implantation -- Surgical methods for mechanical circulatory support -- Intraoperative management issues in mechanical circulatory support -- Adverse events and complications of mechanical circulatory support -- Predischarge and outpatient management -- Psychosocial and quality-of-life issues in mechanical circulatory support -- Myocardial recovery with use of ventricular assist devices -- Regenerative therapy as an adjunct to mechanical support -- Biologic responses to the interface between device and circulation: bleeding and thrombosis with mechanical circulatory support -- Cellular, molecular, genomic and functional changes that occur in the failing heart in response to mechanical circulatory support -- Results of clinical trials to date -- Design challenges for clinical trials in mechanical circulatory support -- Role of government agencies in mechanical circulatory support: FDA -- INTERMACS (Interagency Registry for Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support) as a tool to track and advance clinical practice -- Reimbursement and funding framework for mechanical circulatory support -- Future of mechanical circulatory support.
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular aging. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Mechanosensitivity of the heart 2010, Springer
- Meyler's Side effects of cardiovascular drugs 2009, ClinicalKeyElsevier now offers a series of derivative works based on the acclaimed Meylers Side Effect of Drugs, 15th Edition. These individual volumes are grouped by specialty to benefit the practicing physician or health care clinician. Each year, heart disease kills more people than cancer. Patients are treated by a variety of specialists and primary care practitioners, depending on the organ system involved. This volume enables practitioners to assess the adverse effects of the complete range of drugs used in cardiovascular medicine, including antihypertensive drugs, and drugs used in the treatment.
- MGH cardiology board review 2014, SpringerPreparing for the cardiology board examination is an intensely stressful period and traditionally relies on the participant searching through their own references, whether that be the large textbooks, small handbooks and their own notes. Good books are generally too long and time-consuming, while shorter books are either insubstantial in content or rely too much on the views of one author. The key elements for a successful reference for those taking their boards are a balanced proportion of essential content alongside rare but frequently tested topics, the wisdom of experts in the field, a practical questions session at the end of every topic and additional visuals not possible on the two-dimensional page. In the MGH Cardiology Board Review, the Editors have compiled the expertise of over 72 experienced authors from the Mass General in a succinct volume, applying methods thoroughly tested in the Board Review Conference. In addition, two very important sections are included on ECGs and images, contents of which are derived from the board examination answer keys, the very ones that readers are expected to know. Plans on how to best approach the board examination preparation and what additional resources to go to are provided. In short, this book has all the strengths to ensure your success on the boards exam.
- Part I. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, general -- Part II. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the lung -- Part III. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the pleura -- Part IV. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the mediastinum -- Part V. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, chest wall -- Part VI. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the oesophagus -- Part VII. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the diaphragm -- Part VIII. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, general -- Part IX. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, the heart -- Index.
- Minnesota code manual of electrocardiographic findings including measurement and comparison with the Novacode ; standards and procedures for ECG measurement in epidemiologic and clinical trials. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Mitochondria and the heart 2005, Springer
- Mitochondria and their role in cardiovascular disease 2013, SpringerPart 1. General principles of mitochondria and the heart -- Introduction to Mitochondria in the Heart -- Methods to Study Mitochondrial Structure and Function -- Mitochondrial Structure, Composition, and Dynamics -- Mitochondrial Biogenesis -- Mechanisms of Bioenergy Production in Mitochondria -- Bioenergetics Interplay Between Cardiac Mitochondria and Other Subcellular Compartments -- Part 2. Heart mitochondria signal transduction. Stem cells -- Endothelial Mitochondria: Contribution to Cardiovascular Function and Disease -- Heart Mitochondria: Receivers and Transmitters of Signals -- Stem Cells and Mitochondria -- Part 3. Stress and cell death -- Heart Mitochondrial ROS and Oxidative Stress -- Cell-Death Pathways and Mitochondria -- Part 4. Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiology -- Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 5. The aging heart and mitochondria -- Mitochondria in the Aging Heart -- Part 6. Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis, hypertension and ischemia -- The Role of Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis -- The Role of Mitochondria in Hypertension -- Role of Mitochondria in Ischemia and Cardioprotection -- Part 7. Mitochondria in Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias -- Mitochondrial Dynamics in Health and Disease -- Mitochondria Play an Essential Role in Heart Failure -- Mitochondria and Cardiac Dysrhythmias -- Part 8. Mitochondria in heart metabolism -- Diabetes and Cardiac Mitochondria -- The Role of Mitochondria in the Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance -- Thyroid Hormone and Myocardial Mitochondria -- Part 9. Mitochondrial Therapy -- Targeting the Mitochondria in Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 10. Looking to the future of mitochondria and the heart -- Current Progress and Future Perspectives: Toward Mitochondrial Medicine.
- Mitral valve repair the biological solution 2011, SpringerPart I. Imaging of the mitral valve -- Part II. Congenital mitral and tricuspid disease -- Part III. Degenerative mitral valve disease -- Part IV. Ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Part V. Inflammatory mitral valve disease -- Part VI. Atlas of mitral and tricuspid annuloplasty rings -- Part VII. Acknowledgements -- Part VIII. Subject Index.
- Mitral valve surgery 2011, SpringerSurgical anatomy of the mitral and tricuspid valve -- Pathology and classification of mitral valve disease -- Chronic mitral regurgitation -- Chronic ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Asymptomatic mitral valve regurgitation: watchful wait or early repair?: review of the current evidence -- Mitral valve prosthesis insertion with preservation of the sub-valvar apparatus -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve: the respect rather than resect approach -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve: the edge-to-edge technique -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve -- Ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery -- Mitral stenosis -- Atrial fibrillation: non-surgical management -- Ablation of atrial fibrillation with cardiac surgery -- Tricuspid regurgitation: natural history, assessment, and intervention.
- Molecular biology of valvular heart disease 2014, SpringerThis book presents the cellular details and the basic molecular biology approaches for understanding cardiac valvular disease. It provides novel cellular targets for developing future clinical trials and comprehensive clinical discussion of this expanding field. Molecular Biology of Valvular Heart Disease will guide physicians on the potential medical therapies to treat valvular heart disease while providing a platform for cellular targeting of valvular heart disease. Residents and fellows in cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, and current and future valve biologists alike will find this book to be an invaluable resource for developing further interest and understanding of the cellular basis for cardiac valvular disease treatment.
- Molecular cardiology methods and protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction to methods in molecular cardiology / Zhongjie Sun -- Gene therapy approaches to cardiovascular disease / J. Mark Jones and Walter J. Koch -- Gene therapy for myocardial ischemia using hypoxia inducible double plasmid / Yi Tang -- Cardiac gene delivery using dna-adenoviral constructs / J. Mark Jones and Walter J. Koch -- Manipulation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase within the paraventricular nucleus using adenovirus and antisense technology / Yi-Fan Li ... [et al.] -- TAT-mediated protein transduction: delivering biologically active proteins into the heart / Asa B. Gustafson, Roberta A. Gottlieb, and David J. Granville -- Expression of human eNOS in cardiac and endothelial cells / Xiuqing Wang and Zhongjie Sun -- Strategies of conditional gene expression in myocardium: an overview / Heather Heine ... [et al.] -- Gene silencing method using adenoviral RNAi vector -- In cardiomyocytes and vascular smooth muscule cells / Hideko Kasahara and Hiroki Aoki -- Cardiac commitment of embryonic cells for myocardial repair / Dana Zeineddine ... [et al.] -- Autologous mesenchymal stem cells for post ischemic myocardial repair / Yao Liang Tang -- Cellular therapy with autologous skeletal myoblasts for ischemic heart disease and heart failure / Yao Liang Tang -- Protocols for myocardial infarction repair using fetal cardiac myocytes / Sharon Etzion ... [et al.] -- Methods for examining stem cells in post ischemic and transplanted hearts / Nana Rezai ... [et al.] -- Endothelial progenitor cell/ex vivo expansion and gene transfer / Hideki Iwaguro and Takayuki Asahara -- Delineation of sequences essential for specific promoter activation during pressure overloaded hypertrophy or factor-induced hypertrophy / Chellam Rajamanickam and Radhakrishnan Jeejabai -- Evaluation of cardiac isoform of 2 macroglobulin as a factor inducing cardiac hypertrophy / Chellam Rajamanickam and Radhakrishnan Jeejabai -- Detection of apoptosis in cardiovascular diseases / Arwen Hunter, Jonathan C. Choy, and David J. Granville -- Detection of cardiac signaling in the injured and hypertrophied heart / Xiaoning Si ... [et al.] -- Affymetrix oligonucleotide analysis of gene expression in the injured heart / Bobby Yanagawa ... [et al.] -- Identification and validation of loci and candidate genes -- Linked to cardiac hypertrophy / Bastien Llamas and Christian F. Deschepper -- Induction and analysis of cardiac hypertrophy in transgenic animal models / Marcos E. Barbosa, Natalia Alenina, and Michael Bader -- Methods for the detection of altered -adrenergic signaling pathways in hypertrophied hearts / Matthew J. Wolf, Hideo Takibana, and Howard A. Rockman -- Transgenic mouse models for cardiac dysfunction by a specific genetic manipulation / Gopal J. Babu and Muthu Periasamy -- Cardiomyocyte defects in diabetic models and protection with cardiac-targeted transgenes / Xia Shen ... [et al.] -- Protocols for cardiac-specific overexpression of angiotensin II type 1 receptor in transgenic rats / Sigrid Hoffmann.
- Molecular defects in cardiovascular disease 2011, SpringerCalcium Overloading-Induced Oxidative Stress-Mediated Cellular and Subcellular Remodeling -- Intracellular MMP-2: Role in Normal and Diseased Hearts -- Control of the Mesenchymal-Derived Cell Phenotype by Ski and Meox2: A Putative Mechanism for Postdevelopmental Phenoconversion -- Elevated Na+-H+ Exchanger Expression and Its Role in Myocardial Dise -- Impact of Perinatal Chronic Hypoxia on Cardiac Tolerance to Acute Ischemia -- Stem Cell, MicroRNA and Redox Cycling -- Cardiac Cell Therapy: Present and Future -- Macroscopic and Microscopic Aspects of Cardiac Dysfunction in Congestive Heart Failure -- Cardiac Dysfunction and Metabolism: Unravelling the Molecular Cross-Talk -- Metabolic Remodelling of the Hypertrophied Heart -- Mechanisms for the Regulation of Phospholipase C Gene Expression in Cardiac Hypertrophy -- Molecular Changes in Fatty Acid Oxidation in the Failing Heart -- Cardiolipin Metabolism in Experimental and Human Heart Failure -- Mechanisms Underlying Development of Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy via Na-H Exchange Stimulation -- The Structural Basis of Cardiac Dysfunction in Human Heart Failure -- Hormonal Mechanisms of Cardiac Remodeling in Heart Failure -- Modulators of Remodeling After Myocardial Infarction -- Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors in Protection Against Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy -- Molecular Basis of Pulmonary Hypertension in Left Heart Failure -- Modulation of Gi Protein Expression in Hypertension: Molecular Mechanisms -- Vascular Dysfunction in Heart Disease -- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms Associated with Salicylate Inhibition of Intimal Hyperplasia Following Balloon Catheter-Induced Vascular Injury -- Involvement of Growth Factor Receptor and Nonreceptor Protein Tyrosine Kinases in Endothelin-1 and Angiotensin II-Induced Signaling Pathways in the Cardiovascular System -- Sarco/Endoplasmic Reticulum Ca2+ Pump Damage by Oxidative Stress: Implications for Ca2+ Entry -- Obesity-Hypertension: Leptin as the Common Link to Cardiovascular and Renal Dysregulation -- Cardiorenal Protection in Diabetes Mellitus -- Molecular Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy.
- Molecular sensors for cardiovascular homeostasis 2007, SpringerContributors --Part 1.The DEG/ENaC family --1.The role of DEG/ENaC ion channels in sensory mechanotransduction /Dafni Bazopoulou, Giannis Voglis, and Nektarios Tavernarakis --2.ASICs function as cardiac lactic acid sensors during myocardial ischemia /Christopher J. Benson and Edwin W. McCleskey --3.Molecular components of neural sensory transduction DEG/ENac proteins in baro and chemoreceptors /François M. Abboud, Yongjun Lu, and Mark W. Chapleau --Part II.The TRP family --4.TRP channels as molecular sensors of physical stimuli /Roger G. O'Neill --5.TRPV1 in central cardiovascular control : discerning the C-fiber afferent pathway /Michael C. Andersen, Mark W. Doyle, Timothy W. Bailey, and Young-Ho Jin --6.TRPV1 as a molecular transducer for salt and water homeostasis /Donna H. Wang and Jeffrey R. Sachs --7.Functional interaction between ATP and TRPV1 receptors /Makoto Tominaga and Tomoko Moriyama --8.TRPV4 and hypotonic stress /David M. Cohen --Part III.Other ion channels and biosensors --9.Ion channels in shear stress sensing in vascular endothelium : ion channels in vascular mechanotransduction /Abdul I. Barakat, Deborah K. Lieu, and Andrea Gojova --10.Redox signaling in oxygen sensing by vessels /Andrea Olschewski and E. Kenneth Weir --11.Impedance spectroscopy and quartz crystal microbalance : noninvasive tools to analyze ligand-receptor interactions at functionalized surfaces and of cell monolayers /Andreas Hinz and Hans-Joachim Galla --Index.
- Moss and Adams heart disease in infants, children, and adolescents including the fetus and young adult. 8th ed. 2013, Ovid"Established since 1968 as a classic pediatric cardiology text, this edition uses new technology to bring the most sought after information in the most concise, effective manner. This eighth edition is reduced from the two-volume work into a concise, easy-to-use single volume moving all but key references to the online component. Leading international experts describe state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional techniques for treatment of young patients with congenital and acquired heart diseases and for adult survivors of congenital heart disease"--Provided by publisher.
- Moss and Adams' Heart disease in infants, children, and adolescents including the fetus and young adult. 7th ed. 2008, Ovidv. 1. Structure and function of the cardiovascular system ; Diagnostic methods ; Electrophysiology ; Therapeutic methods ; Pediatric cardiac intensive care ; From the gene to the neonate ; Congenital cardiovascular malformations -- v. 2. Congenital cardiovascular malformations [cont'd.] ; Diseases of the endocardium, myocardium, and pericardium ; Pulmonary vascular disease ; The young adult with congenital heart disease ; Other special problems and issues.
- MRI of cardiovascular malformations 2011, SpringerPatient preparation: magnetic resonance imaging techniques -- Cardiovascular anatomy and atlas of MR normal anatomy -- MRI sequential segmental analysis and identification of anomalies -- Anomalous systemic and pulmonary venous connections -- Aortic arch anomalies, tracheal compression and stenosis -- Other aortic malformations -- Anomalies of the right ventricular outflow tract and pulmonary arteries -- Postoperative evaluation
- MRI of the heart and vessels 2005, Springer
- Multi-slice and dual-source CT in cardiac imaging principles, protocols, indications, outlook. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Multidetector-row CT angiography 2005, Springer
- Multimodal cardiovascular imaging principles and clinical applications 2011, AccessMedicineCurrent methods and their applications for cardiovascular multimodal imaging -- Echocardiography -- Phonocardiography -- Myocardial perfusion single photon emission computed tomography and positron emission tomography -- Coronary angiography -- Cardiac computed tomography -- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in ischemic heart disease -- Electrocardiography of ischemic heart disease -- Electrophysiologic mapping -- Nuclear cardiology applied to electrophysiology -- Optical mapping of electrical activity -- Dipolar electrocardiotopography imaging -- Foundations of future methods for cardiovascular multimodal imaging -- Electrocardiographic imaging of epicardial potentials -- Electromechanical modeling applied to cardiac resychronization therapy -- Computational cardiac electrophysiology: modeling tissue and organ -- Cardiac simulation for education: the electrocardiogram according to ECGSIM -- Graphical analysis of heart rate patterns to access cardiac autonomic function -- Development of the heart, with particular reference to the cardiac conduction tissues -- Cardiovascular multimodal imaging in key clincial problems -- Congenital heart disease: atrioventricular septal defect -- Right ventricular cardiomyopathies -- Ischemic heart disease -- Acute myocardial infarction -- Diseases of the aorta -- Peripheral vascular disease -- Pulmonary vascular disease -- Atrial fibrillation.
- Myocardial ischaemia and reperfusion injury from experimental evidence to clinical practice. 2001, HighWire
- Nanomedicine and the cardiovascular system 2012, CRCnetBASE"The nanosciences are a rapidly expanding field of research with applicability to all areas of health and disease prevention, including cardiology in its broadest sense. This book covers a variety of nano subjects and areas as applied to the heart and circulatory system. There are state-of-the-art chapters on nanoparticles, nanowires, nanoscale topography, nanosensors, nanospheres, nanospin probes, nanomatrices and nanobubbles to name but a few topics. Their applications to cardiovascular disorders and their treatments are also described"--Provided by publisher.
- Natriuretic peptides the hormones of the heart 2006, Springer
- Part 1. Introduction -- Chapter 1. Practical and Theoretical Considerations, p. 1-17 -- Chapter 2. Associated Noncardiac Problems, p. 18-22 -- Part 2. Surgical Procedures -- Chapter 3. Aortopulmonary Shunts, p. 23-32 -- Chapter 4. Banding the Pulmonary Artery, p. 33-36 -- Chapter 5. Valves and Conduits, p. 37-56 -- Chapter 6. “Single Ventricle” Repairs, p. 57-70 -- Chapter 7. Transplantation, p. 71-74-- Part 3. Left-to-Right Shunts - Section A. Aortic Origin -- Chapter 8. Patent Ductus Arteriosus, p. 75-92 -- Chapter 9. Anomalous Origin of One Pulmonary Artery from the Aorta (Hemitruncus), p. 93-96 -- Chapter 10. Aortopulmonary Window, p. 97-102 -- Chapter 11. Systemic Arteriovenous Fistula, p. 103-110 -- Chapter 12. Coronary Arterial Fistula, p. 111-120 -- Chapter 13. Congenital Aneurysms of the Sinus of Valsalva, p. 121-129-- Part 3. Left-to-Right Shunts - Section B. Ventricular or Atrial Origin -- Chapter 14. Atrial Septal Defect (Secundum), p. 131-156 -- Chapter 15. Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection with an Intact Atrial Septum, p. 157-160 -- Chapter 16. Scimitar Syndrome, p. 161-166 -- Chapter 17. Ostium Primum Defect, p. 167-174 -- Chapter 18. Complete Atrioventricular Septal Defect, p. 175-182 -- Chapter 19. Isolated Ventricular Septal Defect, p. 183-205 -- Chapter 20. Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries, p. 206-217-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section C. Right Ventricular Outflow Tract -- Chapter 21. Pulmonary Stenosis, p. 219-233 -- Chapter 22. Double-Chambered Right Ventricle, p. 234-236 -- Chapter 23. Stenosis of the Main and Branch Pulmonary Arteries, p. 237-242-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section D. Left Ventricular Outflow Tract and Aorta -- Chapter 24. Valvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 243-263 -- Chapter 25. Bicuspid Aortic Valve without Stenosis, p. 264-276 -- Chapter 26. Supravalvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 277-281 -- Chapter 27. Discrete Subvalvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 282-290 -- Chapter 28. Coarctation of the Aorta, p. 291-317 -- Chapter 29. Interrupted Aortic Arch, p. 318-325-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section E. Left Ventricular Inflow Tract -- Chapter 30. Cor Triatriatum Sinister, p. 327-334 -- Chapter 31. Congenital Atresia or Stenosis of Pulmonary Veins, p. 335-340 -- Chapter 32. Congenital Mitral Valve Obstruction, p. 341-349-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section F. Regurgitant Lesions -- Chapter 33. Aortic Valve Regurgitation, p. 351-355 -- Chapter 34. Aortoventricular Tunnel, p. 356-358 -- Chapter 35. Mitral Valve Regurgitation, p. 359-363 -- Chapter 36. Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, p. 364-367 -- Chapter 37. Idiopathic Pulmonary Regurgitation, p. 368-370-- Part 5. Miscellaneous Aortic Root Lesions -- Chapter 38. Anomalous Origin of a Coronary Artery from the Pulmonary Artery, p. 371-383 -- Chapter 39. Abnormal Origins of the Coronary Arteries from the Aortic Root, p. 384-400 -- Chapter 40. Vascular Rings and Slings, p. 401-409-- Part 6. Right-to-Left Shunts -- Chapter 41. Tetralogy of Fallot, p. 411-436 -- Chapter 42. Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia, p. 437-445 -- Chapter 43. Tetralogy of Fallot with Absent Pulmonary Valve, p. 446-450 -- Chapter 44. Complete Transposition of the Great Arteries, p. 451-485 -- Chapter 45. Tricuspid Atresia, p. 486-493 -- Chapter 46. Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum, p. 494-506 -- Chapter 47. Ebstein Anomaly, p. 507-518 -- Chapter 48. Truncus Arteriosus, p. 519-530 -- Chapter 49. Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, p. 531-545 -- Chapter 50. Single (Double-Inlet) Ventricle, p. 546-555 -- Chapter 51. Double-Outlet Right or Left Ventricle, p. 556-565 -- Chapter 52. Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection, p. 566-578 -- Chapter 53. Heterotaxy Syndromes, p. 579-586 -- Chapter 54. Pulmonary Arteriovenous Fistula, p. 587-594 -- Chapter 55. Eisenmenger Syndrome, p. 595-604.
- Netter Collection of medical illustrations. Volume 8, Cardiovascular system. 2nd edition. 2014, ClinicalKeyView the cardiovascular system as only Netter images can depict it. This spectacularly illustrated volume, part of the masterwork known as the Netter (CIBA) "Green Books," provides a highly visual guide to the heart, from basic science, anatomy, and physiology to pathology and injury. This classic Netter reference has been updated to mirror the many exciting advances in cardiovascular medicine and imaging - offering unparalleled insights into anatomy, physiology, and clinical conditions. Gain a rich clinical view of all aspects of the cardiovascular system in one comprehensive volume, conveyed through beautiful illustrations and radiologic images. Clearly see the connection between basic science and clinical practice with an integrated overview of normal structure and function as it relates to pathologic conditions. Grasp current clinical concepts regarding development, pediatrics, and adult medicine captured in classic Netter illustrations, as well as new illustrations created by artist-physician Carlos Machado, MD, and others working in the Netter style. Quickly understand complex topics thanks to a concise text-atlas format that provides a context bridge between primary and specialized medicine. Benefit from matchless Netter illustrations that offer precision, clarity, detail and realism as they provide a visual approach to the clinical presentation and care of the patient.
- Netter's Cardiology. 2nd ed. 2010, ClinicalKey2nd Edition, by Marschall S. Runge, Cam Patterson, and George Stouffer, uses visually rich Netter artwork to efficiently provide you with a concise overview of cardiovascular anatomy, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management. You'll rapidly access complete introductions to common issues in cardiology, including annotated references of the most important articles, guidelines, and available evidence. Netter - it's how you know. Apply dependable clinical advice from Marschall S. Runge, MD, PhD, Cam Patterson, MD and George Stouffer, MD and utilize diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms and clinical pathways developed by the many world-renowned chapter contributors. Benefit from expanded coverage of cardiovascular imaging including echocardiography, stress testing and nuclear imaging, and CT and MRI. Gain a concise and visual overview of the common conditions in cardiology.
267 to 399 of 532 titles
View by page
- Acute coronary syndrome multidisciplinary and pathway-based approach — Cardiovascular magnetic resonance. 2nd ed. (133)
- Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. — Endovascular and hybrid therapies for structural heart and aortic disease (133)
- Endovascular interventions a case-based approach — Netter's Cardiology. 2nd ed. (133)
- Netter's Correlative imaging. Cardiothoracic anatomy — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (133)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.