Books by Subject
- Acute coronary syndrome — Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. (114)
- Cardiovascular MR manual — Evidence-based cardiology consult (114)
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age — New solutions for the heart (114)
- Noninvasive imaging of myocardial ischemia — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (112)
CardiologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age 2011, SpringerThat precursors of adult coronary artery disease, hypertension, and type II diabetes begin in childhood have been clearly established by the Bogalusa Heart Study. This unique research program has been able to follow a biracial (black/white) population over 35 years from childhood through mid-adulthood to provide perspectives on the natural history of adult heart diseases. Not only do these observations describe trajectories of cardio-metabolic risk variables leading to these diseases but provide a rationale for the need to begin prevention beginning in childhood. The trajectories of the burden of cardio-metabolic risk variables in the context of their fetal origin and chromosome telomere dynamics provide some insight into the metabolic imprinting in utero and aging process. The observed racial contrasts on cardio-metabolic risk variables implicate various biologic pathways interacting with environment contributing to the high morbidity and mortality from related diseases in our population. To address the seriousness of the onset of cardiovascular disease in youth, approaches to primordial prevention are described focussing on childhood health education as an important aspect of Preventive Cardiology.
- Exercise cardiopulmonary function in cardiac patients 2012, Springer1.Exercise Physiology --2.Pulmonary Function --3.Cardiac Output --4.Cardiac Output Redistribution --5.Left Ventricular Function --6.Blood Pressure and Hypertension --7.Metabolic Cardiovascular Risk Factors --8.Cardiopulmonary Function in Elderly --9.Exercise and Sudden Death --10.Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Fish, Omega 3 and human health. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic cardiovascular medicine 2009, CRCnetBASE
- From basic cardiac imaging to image fusion 2013, SpringerThe recent development of three-dimensional imaging techniques has provided an enormous amount of information relevant to the clinical management of patients at low and high risk for coronary artery disease. However, while progress in each individual technique has been rapid, the correlation of findings obtained with radiology, nuclear medicine, and magnetic resonance imaging is still relatively neglected. In this book, qualified experts in cardiac imaging present the basic concepts of cardiac disease and imaging and compare the findings obtained in particular subspecialties with those acquired using other techniques. In this way the reader will learn how images and techniques can be integrated in clinical practice to the benefit of the patient. In addition, the issue is addressed of reducing the patient's exposure to ionizing radiation through appropriate multimodality integration. Physicians ranging from cardiac surgeons to internal medicine specialists and even public health administrators will find this book invaluable in understanding the role of hybrid cardiac imaging.
- From signals to colours 2008, Springer
- Functional foods and cardiovascular disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"Drawn from the latest clinical and experimental information, this book covers products enriched with phytosterols, n-3 fatty acids, garlic extract naturally occurring antioxidants, folic acid, CLA, as well as fibers and flavonoids. It describes the connection between diets, dietary habits, and cardiovascular diseases. It also explains how functional food ingredients and nutraceuticals can mitigate cardiovascular disorders. The authors examine recent technologies for generating novel food products enriched with cardiovascular protective dietary agents. They include experimental and clinical evidence of various ingredients"--Provided by publisher.
- Functional hemodynamic monitoring 2005, Springer
- Fundamentals of pediatric cardiology 2006, OvidCardiovascular physiology --Clinical evaluation --Basic diagnostic studies --Pediatric exercise testing --Innocent murmurs --Chest pain --Syncope and sudden death --Principals of inheritance and genetics of congenital heart disease --Left-to-right shunts --Right-to-left shunts --Obstructive and regurgitant lesions --Acquired heart diseases --Cardiomyopathy --Coronary artery anomalies.
- Genetic cardiomyopathies 2013, Springer
- Goldberger's Clinical electrocardiography. 8th ed. 2006, MD ConsultKey concepts -- ECG basics : waves, intervals, and segments -- ECG leads -- Understanding the normal ECG -- Electrical axis and axis deviation -- Atrial and ventricular enlargement -- Ventricular conduction disturbances : bundle branch blocks and related abnormalities -- Myocardial infarction and ischemia, I : ST segment elevation and non-Q wave -- Syndromes -- Myocardial infarction and ischemia, II : non-ST segment elevation and non-Q wave syndromes -- Drug effects, electrolyte abnormalities, and metabolic effects -- Pericardial, myocardial and pulmonary syndromes -- Wolff-Parkinson-White preexcitation syndromes -- Sinus and escape rhythms -- Supraventricular arrhythmias, part I : premature beats and paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias (PSVTS) -- Supraventricular arrhythmias, part II : atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation -- Ventricular arrhythmias -- Atrioventricular (AV) conduction abnormalities : delays, blocks, and dissociation syndromes -- Digitalis toxicity -- Sudden cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Bradycardias and tachycardias : review and differential diagnosis -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) : essentials for clinicians -- How to interpret an ECG -- Limitations and uses of the ECG -- ECG differential diagnoses : instant reviews.
- Grossman & Baim's Cardiac catheterization, angiography, and intervention. Eighth edition. [8th ed.] Ovid"Grossman & Baim's Cardiac Catheterization, Angiography, and Intervention, 8e is the premier reference on cardiac catheterization and appeals to seasoned practitioner, residents and cardiology fellows. This title reflects the rapid evolution and growing clinical use of interventional techniques. Premier reference on cardiac catheterization appeals to seasoned practitioner, residents and cardiology fellows. Reflects rapid evolution and growing clinical use of interventional techniques. Eleven new chapters, including: Integrated Imaging Modalities in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab; Radial Artery Approach; Coronary Artery Anomalies; Interventions for Acute Myocardial Infarction; Interventions with Cell Therapies; and Aortic Endovascular Grafting Over 20 procedural videos online"--Provided by publisher.
- Guide to neonatal and pediatric ECGs 2013, SpringerElectrocardiography has an ever-expanding role in pediatric cardiology evaluation. The specific competencies required for its optimal use in this setting, however, generally lie beyond the expertise of cardiologists used to dealing with adults. This guide - the product of extensive practical experience in the field of pediatric cardiology - proposes a very simple method for reading neonatal and pediatric ECGs that is based on the application of straightforward criteria and permits the immediate recognition of normal and pathological patterns. The first part of the guide presents and describes this methodology and the parameters of normal pediatric ECGs, while the second part focuses on specific pediatric anomalies. More than 150 ECGs displaying both normal and pathologic findings are included, all of which have been collected from clinical practice and analyzed using the proposed method. This book will be an invaluable reference tool for all cardiologists who deal with newborns and children.
- Handbook of angioplasty and stenting procedures 2010, SpringerBasic Tools Required to Perform Angioplasty and Stenting Procedures / David O. Kessel -- Arterial Pressure Measurements / Thomas B. Kinney -- Drugs - Pre-, Peri- and Post-intervention / Raman Uberoi -- Arterial Access / Dimitrios K. Tsetis -- Venous Access / Clare L. Bent and Matthew Matson -- General Principles of Angioplasty and Stenting / Elias N. Brountzos and Efthymia Alexopoulou -- Arterial Closure Devices / Stephen P. D'Souza and Dare M. Seriki -- Aortoiliac Angioplasty and Stenting / Robert A. Hieb -- Angioplasty and Stenting of the Superficial Femoral Artery and Popliteal Artery / Anna-Maria Belli -- Subintimal Angioplasty / Guy Fishwick -- Infrapopliteal Angioplasty and Stenting / Marc Sapoval, Olivier Pellerin and Laurent Bellmann -- Renal Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Sanjay Misra -- Angioplasty/Stenting of Mesenteric Arteries / Stefan Müller-Hülsbeck -- Carotid Stenting and Angioplasty / Gerald Wyse and Kieran J. Murphy -- Intracranial and Vertebral Artery Angioplasty and Stenting / Jitendra Sharma, J. Mocco, Adnan H. Siddiqui and Elad I. Levy -- Angioplasty/Stenting of the Subclavian and Axillary Arteries / Trevor John Cleveland -- Stent-Grafting of the Thoracic Aorta / Jean-Paul Beregi and Marco Midulla -- Elective Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) / Johannes Lammer and Maria Schoder -- Endovascular Management of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm / William C. Loan and Chee Voon Soong -- Angioplasty/Stenting/Lysis/Thrombectomy of Hemodialysis Access / Himanshu Shah and Gordon McLennan -- Thrombolysis for Acute Lower Limb Ischemia / Thomas O. McNamara and Susie J. Muir -- Endovascular Treatment of Acute Stroke / Ali R. Zomorodi and Tony P. Smith -- Venoplasty and Stenting / Haraldur Bjarnason -- Venous Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy for Deep Venous Thrombosis / Nael E. A. Saad and Suresh Vedantham -- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts) / George Behrens and Hector Ferral.
- Handbook of cardiovascular CT 2008, Springer
- Handbook of endovascular peripheral interventions 2012, Springer
- Handbook of nuclear cardiology 2013, SpringerPart 1. Ordering the Test: Nuclear Cardiology Procedures -- 1. SPECT / Robert C. Hendel -- 2. Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography / Justin Lundbye -- Part 2. Patient Selection, Which Patient? -- 3. Overview of Guidelines and Appropriate Use Criteria / Katarina H. Nelson and Robert C. Hendel -- 4. Assessment of Patients with Suspected Coronary Artery Disease / Richard T. Ruffin Jr and Gary V. Heller -- 5. Evaluation of Patients with Known Coronary Artery Disease / Dimitrios Barmpouletos and Gary V. Heller -- 6. Preoperative Evaluation / Niberto A. Moreno and Robert C. Hendel -- 7. The Role of Cardiac Nuclear Imaging in Heart Failure Sanjeev U. Nair and Gary V. Heller -- 8. Myocardial Perfusion Imaging in Specific Patient Populations / Raja C. Pullatt and Gary V. Heller -- Part 3. Test performance: How to do it -- 9. Exercise Stress Testing / Jacqueline V.A. Dawson and Robert C. Hendel -- 10. Pharmacologic Stress Testing / Apurva O. Badheka and Robert C. Hendel -- 11. SPECT Radiopharmaceuticals / Vikas Tandon, Nadine Gauthier, and Terrence D. Ruddy -- 12. SPECT Instrumentation / Jared H. Strydhorst, Ross A. Davies, and R. Glenn Wells -- 13. PET Radiopharmaceuticals / Jean N. DaSilva, Ana C. Valadiva, Ilias Mylonas, Tayebeh Hadizad, Robert A. deKemp, and Rob S.B. Beanlands -- 14. PET Instrumentation / Jennifer M. Renaud, Rob S.B. Beanlands, and Robert A. deKemp -- 15. Radiation Safety / Gary R. Small, Benjamin J.W. Chow, Rob S.B. Beanlands, and Renée Hessian -- Part 4. Test Results: What Do They Mean? -- 16. Interpretation and Reporting of SPECT Myocardial Perfusion Imaging / Robert C. Hendel -- 17. Diagnosis, Risk Stratification and Management of Ischemic Heart Disease with Nuclear Cardiology / Tanyanan Tanawuttiwat and Robert C. Hendel -- Part 5. Comparative effectiveness of Nuclear Cardiology -- 18. Exercise Tolerance Testing / Amyn Malik and Gary V. Heller -- 19. Echocardiography / Melissa J. Tracy and Robert C. Hendel -- 20. Cardiac Computed Tomography Imaging / Talhat Azemi and Gary V. Heller -- 21. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance (CMR) Imaging / Talhat Azemi and Gary V. Heller -- 22. Cardiac Catheterization / Amyn Malik and Gary V. Heller.
- Handbook of oral anticoagulation. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerThis book covers a wide range of disorders such as atrial fibrillation, artificial heart valves, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and stroke. Handbook of Oral Anticoagulation aims to provide an accessible overview of the exciting new developments in this field. Incorporating numerous quick-reference tables and figures and fully referenced throughout to key papers and the latest reviews, it will be a useful resource for all healthcare professionals involved in thromboprophylaxis.
- Handbook of pediatric cardiovascular drugs 2008, Springer
- Health-related quality of life in cardiovascular patients 2013, SpringerThe genesis of health : evolution of the concept of health-related quality of life -- Quality of life in hypertensive patients -- Quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease -- Quality of life in patients after coronary interventional treatment -- Quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure -- Quality of life in patients with cardiac rhythm disturbances -- Quality of life in patients with implantable cardiac devices -- Quality of life after stroke.
- Heart and circulation 2014, SpringerWhat drives the circulation? In this comprehensive review of existing circulation models, the conventional view that the heart is a pressure-propulsion pump is challenged. The existing models fail to explain an increasing number of observed circulatory phenomena. A unifying circulation model is proposed in which the blood, responding to metabolic demands of the tissues, is the primary regulator of cardiac output. This new model arises from accumulated clinical and experimental evidence. The heart, rather than being an organ of blood propulsion, assumes a secondary role and generates pressure by impeding the flow of blood. This is supported by examples from the fields of early embryonic circulation, comparative phylogeny, functional morphology, exercise physiology and a range of clinical scenarios. The Heart and Circulation: An Integrative Model offers a paradigm shift in the understanding of circulatory phenomena. It will become a valuable resource for all those clinicians, researchers, educators and students who, having been confronted with the paradox of the circulation, are looking for a broader interpretation.
- Heart development and regeneration. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirect"The development of the cardiovascular system is a rapidly advancing area in biomedical research, now coupled with the burgeoning field of cardiac regenerative medicine. A lucid understanding of these fields is paramount to reducing human cardiovascular diseases of both fetal and adult origin. Significant progress can now be made through a comprehensive investigation of embryonic development and its genetic control circuitry. Heart Development and Regeneration, written by experts in the field, provides essential information on topics ranging from the evolution and lineage origins of the developing cardiovascular system to cardiac regenerative medicine. A reference for clinicians, medical researchers, students, and teachers, this publication offers broad coverage of the most recent advances"--Publisher's description.
- Heart disease diagnosis and therapy. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerAcute myocardial infarction -- Complications of myocardial infarction and postinfarction care -- Cardiogenic shock -- Angina -- Heart failure -- Arrhythmias -- Cardiac arrest -- Hypertension -- Dyslipidemias -- Aortic dissection -- Valvular heart diseases and rheumatic fever -- Infective endocarditis -- Pericarditis and myocarditis -- Cardiomyopathy -- Syncope -- Preoperative management of cardiac patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.
- Heart diseases in children 2011, Springer
- Heart failure 2010, SpringerClinical, physiology and genetics changes in heart failure -- Introduction to heart failure -- Cardiac function in heart failure: the role of calcium cycling -- Gene profiling of the failing heart: epigenetics -- Biochemical and molecular changes in heart failure -- Bioenergetics and metabolic changes in the failing heart -- Mitochondrial organelle and the heart -- Multidimensional role of mitochondria in heart failure -- Experimental models of heart failure -- Animal models of heart failure -- Signaling, stress and cellular changes in heart failure -- Signaling cascades in heart failure: from cardiomyocytes growth and survival to mitochondrial signaling pathways -- Cyclic nucleotides signaling (second messengers) and control of myocardial function: effects of heart failure -- Calcium signaling: receptors, effectors, and other signaling pathways -- Oxidative stress and heart failure -- Cardiac remodeling and cell death in heart failure -- Peripheral changes and co-morbid conditions in heart failure -- Heart failure and changes at the periphery: vascular, inflammation, neurohormonal, and renal systems -- Comorbidities in heart failure -- Heart failure in children -- Mechanisms and clinical recognition and management of heart failure in infants and children -- Mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation in children with severe refractory heart failure -- Aging and the failing heart -- Basic mechanisms mediating cardiomyopathy and heart failure in aging -- Heart failure of aging: clinical considerations -- Diagnostic methodology in heart failure -- Diagnosis of heart failure: evidence-based perspective -- "Omics" application in heart failure: novel diagnostic and prognostic markers to understand pathophysiology and find new therapies -- Available and forthcoming therapies for heart failure -- Treatment of chronic heart failure -- Gene therapy in heart failure: forthcoming therapies -- Myocardial cell-based regeneration in heart failure -- Looking to the future -- Future frontiers in heart failure.
- Heart failure in clinical practice / 2010, Springer
- Heart in systemic autoimmune diseases 2004, ScienceDirect
- Heart of Leonardo 2013, SpringerLeonardo's heart studies represent the pinnacle of his anatomical endeavours. They integrate structural form and dynamic function in a way that called upon his extensive experience and knowledge of hydrology, engineering, mathematics and architectural design. In his work on the heart, his use of ingenious diagrams as well as detailed representational drawings is cleverly combined with carefully crafted verbal descriptions of complicated physiological concepts. Some of which, developed through drawing, wereso advanced that only now with the advent of accessible technology and advances in modern knowledge of the heart, it is possible to re-interpret his conclusions and reveal how accurate his logical reasoning and pure observation really was. Several of his ideas continue to sit well alongside our modern understanding of cardiac physiology and heart function. This book features all 64 of Leonardo's drawings on the heart and its physiology, accompanied by translations of his accompanying notes.
- Heart rate and rhythm 2011, Springer
- Heart rate slowing by I[f] current inhibition 2006, KargerHeart rate: a risk factor for cardiac diseases and outcomes? Pathophysiology of cardiac diseases and the potential role of heart rate slowing / Lanza, G.A., Fox, K., Crea, F. -- If current inhibition: cellular basis and physiology / Mangoni, M.E., Marger, L., Nargeot, J. -- Heart rate reduction by pharmacological If current inhibition / Cargnoni, A. ... [et al.] -- Clinical perspectives of heart rate slowing for coronary event reduction and heart failure / Danchin, N., Kadri, Z. -- Clinical effect of 'pure' heart rate slowing with a prototype If current inhibitor: placebo-controlled experience with ivabradine / Borer, J.S. -- Heart rate slowing versus other pharmacological antianginal strategies. Results of comparative studies / Diaz, A., Tardif, J.-C. -- Novel If current inhibitor ivabradine: safety considerations / Savelieva, I., Camm, A.J. -- Heart rate slowing for myocardial dysfunction/heart failure. Rationale and preclinical studies / Mulder, P., Thuillez, C. -- Future directions: what data do we need? / Tendera, M.
- Heart rate variability 2014, SpringerThis book is an evaluation of heart rate variability (HRV), the tendency for the heart rate to oscillate, increasing and decreasing depending on a number of factors. Such oscillations can give information on the state of the complex systems involved and can reveal a higher mortality risk. The author discusses the basic functional structures responsible for HRV and the evidence for this. In addition, the book provides a framework to understand HRV within the perspective of systems biology and presents basic principles and related mathematical models. Heart Rate Variability provides a thorough investigation of the clinical aspects of the concept, defining the level of risk, the practical management algorithms and clarification of the common mechanisms, such as heart rate turbulence. As such, this book will be of interest to all involved in the research and management of all the cardiovascular conditions related to this phenomenon.
- Heart valve surgery 2010, SpringerHistory of heart valve surgery -- Surgical anatomy of the heart valves -- Overview of the valve replacement devices -- Choice of the optimal valve for replacement -- Aortic valve surgery -- Mitral valve surgery -- Tricuspid valve surgery -- Pulmonary valve surgery -- Dysfunction of implanted heart valves -- Results of heart valve surgery.
- Heart valves 2013, SpringerAnatomy, Physiology, Congenital Defects, and Disease --The Anatomy and Function of the Atrioventricular Valves /Michael G. Bateman, Jason L. Quill, Alexander J. Hill, Paul A. Iaizzo --The Anatomy and Function of the Semilunar Valves /Michael G. Bateman, Jason L. Quill, Alexander J. Hill, Paul A. Iaizzo --Congenital Heart Defects That Include Cardiac Valve Abnormalities /Roosevelt Bryant III --Acquired Valve Disease and Processes /Cindy M. Martin --Valve Repair and Replacement --History of Heart Valve Repair /Lauren B. Kwasny, Richard W. Bianco, Luis H. Toledo-Pereyra, --Heart Valve Disease /Ranjit John, Kenneth Liao --Advanced 3D Imaging and Transcatheter Valve Repair/Implantation /Paul Schoenhagen, Andrew C. Y. To --Transcatheter Mitral Repair and Replacement /Jason L. Quill, Ana R. Menk, Gilbert H. L. Tang --Percutaneous Pulmonary Valve Implantation: The First Transcatheter Valve /Silvia Schievano, Andrew M. Taylor, Philipp Bonhoeffer --Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation /Nicolo Piazza, Darren Mylotte --Tissue-Engineered Heart Valves /Jillian B. Schmidt, Robert T. Tranquillo --Testing and Regulatory Issues --In Vitro Testing of Heart Valve Substitutes /Timothy A. Kelley, Sal Marquez, Carl F. Popelar --Numerical Methods for Design and Evaluation of Prosthetic Heart Valves /Michael J. Schendel, Carl F. Popelar --Animal Models for Cardiac Valve Research /Sarah E. Ahlberg, Michael G. Bateman, Michael D. Eggen, Jason L. Quill --The Use of Isolated Heart Models and Anatomic Specimens as Means to Enhance the Design and Testing of Cardiac Valve Therapies /Michael G. Bateman, Alexander J. Hill, Jason L. Quill, Michael D. Eggen --Successful Development and Regulatory Approval of Replacement Cardiac Valves /Stephen A. Howard, Michael G. Bateman, Timothy G. Laske, Paul A. Iaizzo --Clinical Trial Requirements for Cardiac Valves /Jenna C. Iaizzo, Anna T. F. Lovas.
- Hemodynamics and cardiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeonatal hemodynamics -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Principles of developmental cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology -- Autoregulation of vital and nonvital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate -- Definition of normal blood pressure range: the elusive target -- Diagnosis of neonatal shock: methods and their clinical applications -- Methods to assess systemic and organ blood flow in the neonate -- Functional echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit -- Assessment of cardiac output in neonates: techniques using the Fick principle, pulse wave form analysis, and electrical impedance -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and its use for the assessment of tissue perfusion in the neonate -- Clinical applications of near-infrared spectroscopy in neonates -- Advanced magnetic neuroimaging techniques in the neonate with a focus on hemodynamic-related brain injury -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the study of neonatal hemodynamics -- Assessment of the microcirculation in the neonate -- Clinical presentations and relevance of neonatal shock -- Clinical presentations of neonatal shock: the very low birth-weight neonate during the first postnatal day -- Very low birth weight neonate with hemodynamically significant ductus arteriosus during the first postnatal week -- Preterm neonate with cardiovascular and adrenal insufficiency -- Shock in the surgical neonate -- Hemodynamics and brain injury in the preterm neonate -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- Embryonic and fetal development -- Genetics of fetal and neonatal cardiovascular disease -- Human cardiac development in the first trimester -- Reappraisal of normal and abnormal cardiac development -- Fetal and neonatal cardiology -- New concepts for training the pediatric cardiology workforce of the future -- Current role of fetal echocardiography -- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular unction in the human fetus -- Cardiac surgery in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Regional blood flow monitoring in the perioperative period -- Mechanical pump support and cardiac transplant in the neonate -- Catheter-based therapy in the neonate with congenital heart disease -- Hybrid management techniques in the treatment of the neonate with congenital heart disease.
- Introduction to high-density lipoprotein, dyslipidemia, and coronary heart disease -- Regulation of ApoA-I gene expression and prospects to increase plasma ApoA-I and HDL levels -- High density lipoprotein particles -- The kinetics and remodeling of HDL particles: lessons from inborn errors of lipid metabolism -- HDL structure, function, and anti-inflammatory properties -- Human apolipoprotein A-I deficiency -- Human apolipoprotein A-I mutants -- ATP binding cassette A1 transporter function and Tangier disease -- The role ABCG1 in cellular cholesterol efflux: relevance to atherosclerosis and endothelial function -- In vitro studies and mass flux of cholesterol between serum and macrophages -- Genetic LCAT deficiency: molecular diagnosis, plasma lipids, and atherosclerosis -- Human cholesteryl ester transfer protein in human HDL metabolism -- The HDL receptor SR-BI -- Genetic loci influencing plasma high density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations in humans -- Nutritional and lifestyle factors and high-density lipoprotein metabolism -- Effects of ethanol intake on high density lipoprotein metabolism in humans -- Effects of estrogen on HDL metabolism -- Effects of niacin on HDL metabolism -- Effects of statins on HDL metabolism -- Therapeutic regulation of high-density lipoprotein transport in the metabolic syndrome -- Effects of cholesterol ester transfer protein inhibition on HDL metabolism -- HDL infusion therapy -- High-density lipoproteins, dyslipidemia, and heart disease: past, present, and future.
- HIV infection and the cardiovascular system 2003, Karger
- Human heart. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidPreface --ch. 1.Structure and function of the normal heart --ch. 2.Valves of the heart --ch. 3.Pumping action of the heart --ch. 4.Blood supply of the heart --ch. 5. Thefunctioning normal heart --ch. 6.Heart failure --ch. 7.Hypertensive heart disease --ch. 8.Coronary heart disease --ch. 9. Theheart valves --ch. 10. Theautonomic or automatic nervous system --ch. 11. Theelectrocardiogram --ch. 12.Cardiac arrhythmias --ch. 13.Congenital heart disease --ch. 14.Rheumatic heart disease --ch. 15.Pregnancy and heart disease --ch. 16.Pulmonary heart disease --ch. 17.Imaginary heart disease --ch. 18.To pace or not to pace --ch. 19.Medical treatment of heart failure --ch. 20.Catheterization of the heart and coronary arteriography --ch. 21.Cardiac surgery --ch. 22.Heart attack --ch. 23.Measuring the efficiency of the heart --ch. 24.Special diagnostic procedures --Review test --Answers --Appendix : Notes for coronary intensive units --Index.
- Print Material
- Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. 2011 (13th ed)., AccessMedicine"It has been 44 years since the publication of the first edition of Hurst's the Heart, the first multidisciplinary and comprehensive textbook on cardiovascular disease. Through 13 editions, The Heart has always represented a cornerstone of current scholarship in the discipline. Cardiologists, internists, and trainees from around the world have relied on its authority, breadth of coverage, and clinical relevance to keep up to date on advances in the field and to help optimize patient care. The 13th edition of The Heart continues and actually exceeds this standard-setting tradition with 19 new chapters and 59 new authors from around the globe who are experts in their respective content areas"--Preface.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy 2001, HighWire
- Hyponatremia 2013, SpringerEpidemiology and Significance of Hyponatremia -- Physiology of Water Balance and Pathophysiology of Hyponatremia -- Utility of Electrolyte-Free Water Clearance in the Analysis and Treatment of the Dysnatremias -- Cerebral-Renal Salt Wasting -- CNS Manifestations of Hyponatremia and Its Treatment -- Hyponatremia Induced by Drugs -- Hyponatremia in Heart Failure -- Hyponatremia in Cirrhosis: Evaluation and Treatment -- Hyponatremia in Psychosis -- Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia -- Vasopressin Receptor Antagonists -- Treatment of Hyponatremia.
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome 2004, Springer
- Imaging Cardiovascolare TC e RM 2012, SpringerAngio-TC /Michele Anzidei, Guendalina Menichini and Carlo Catalano --Angio-RM /Michele Anzidei, Guendalina Menichini and Carlo Catalano --Post-processing /Pietro Sedati, Fulvio Zaccagna and Carlo Augusto Mallio --La placca aterosclerotica /Ilaria Iacucci, Luca Saba and Michele Anzidei --Il circolo intracranico /Eytan Raz, Emanuele Tinelli, Francesca Caramia and Ferdinando D'Ambrosio --Arterie carotidi /Beatrice Cavallo Marincola, Eugenio Marotta and Michele Anzidei --Aorta toracica /Nicola Galea, Matteo Mangia and Ilaria Iampieri --Circolo polmonare /Alessandro Napoli, Federica Ciolina and Luca Bertaccini --Circolo coronarico /Marco Francone, Francesco Vullo, Bettina Conti and Giuseppe Cannavale --Aorta addominale /Eugenio Marotta, Maurizio Del Monte and Carlo Catalano --Arterie renali e vasi splancnici /Pietro Sedati, Fulvio Zaccagna and Riccardo Rosati --Arti superiori /Alessandro Napoli, Gaia Cartocci and Pier Luigi Di Paolo --Arti inferiori /Beatrice Cavallo Marincola, Giulia Brachetti and Carlo Catalano --Whole body /Alessandro Napoli, Fulvio Zaccagna, Luisa Di Mare and Flavio Malpassini --Malformazioni artero-venose /Fabrizio Fanelli, Pierleone Lucatelli and Massimiliano Allegritti --Vasculiti /Chiara Zini, Vincenzo Noce and Fabrizio Boni --Sistema venoso /Francesco Fraioli, Goffredo Serra and Matteo Paoletti.
- Imaging coronary arteries. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerClinical anatomy of the coronary circulation -- Basic techniques in the acquisition of cardiac images with CT -- Examination of the coronary arteries -- Image reconstruction -- Coronary pathophysiology -- Clinical classification of coronary artery disease : who should be treated? -- Intravascular ultrasound : from gray-scale to virtual histology -- Identification and characterization of the atherosclerotic plaque using coronary CT angiography -- Coronary CT angiography : evaluation of stenosis and occlusion -- Current strategies in cardiac surgery -- Coronary CT angiography : evaluation of coronary artery bypass grafts -- Coronary stents -- CT angiography of coronary stents -- X-ray exposure in coronary CT angiography -- Optical coherence tomography in the cathlab -- Triple rule out : the use of cardiac CT in the emergency room -- Contraindications to coronary CT angiography -- Prognostic value of coronary CT -- Clinical cases.
- Implantable cardiac devices technology 2013, SpringerHistory and development of pacing -- Basic principles of cardiac pacemaker technology -- Heart anatomy and physiology -- Pharmacological treatment of cardiac rhythm disorders -- Pacing modes -- Indications for implantable system treatment -- Leads -- Pacing systems -- Pacemaker timing -- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Cardiac resynchronization therapy -- Implantation, explantation, and replacement of devices and leads -- Patient follow-up -- Electromagnetic compatibility and technical requirements.
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator stored ECGs 2007, Springer
- Indications and techniques of percutaneous procedures 2011, Springer
- Inflammatory response in cardiovascular surgery 2013, SpringerPart I:General Topics.Neuroendocrine Response and Shock /Riad N. Younes, Fernando C. Abrão --The Role of Lymphocytes in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis: Focus on CD4+ T Cell Subsets /Ingrid E. Dumitriu --Immunological Mechanisms of Inflammation /Nilo José Coêlho Duarte, Cyro Alves de Brito, Alberto José da Silva Duarte --Part II:Carotid Diseases.Role of Lipoproteins in Carotid Arterial Disease /Efthymios D. Avgerinos, Christos D. Liapis --Carotid Endarterectomy: Inflammatory Aspects /Sthefano Atique Gabriel, Edmo Atique Gabriel --Endovascular Treatment of Carotid Disease: Inflammatory Aspects /Sthefano Atique Gabriel, Edmo Atique Gabriel --Part III:Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases and Aortic Wall Degradation in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms /George A. Antoniou, George S. Georgiadis --Role of Haptoglobin in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm /Valerio Napolioni --Inflammatory Aortic Aneurysm /Guilherme Vieira Meirelles --Endovascular Treatment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: Current Approaches and New Devices /Armando de Carvalho Lobato, Robert Guimarães do Nascimento --
- Integrating cardiology for nuclear medicine physicians 2009, Springer
- This book provides an introduction to the principles of both cardiovascular epidemiology and molecular pathophysiology; as a unique aspect, it also outlines and discusses the molecular concepts underlying epidemiological observations. This first volume is focused on the genetic and molecular basis of pathogenesis and the role of environmental factors triggering cardiovascular dysfunctions. The book promotes the use of interdisciplinary approaches in the field of preventive medicine based on recent advances in molecular and cellular pathophysiology. The book offers a valuable resource work for researchers in basic biomedical fields and clinical scientists alike, as well as guidelines for novel avenues of research in both basic pathophysiology and cardiovascular therapy and prevention.
- Intermittent hypoxia and human diseases 2012, SpringerPart 1.Intermittent Hypoxia and Cardiovascular Disorders --Sleep-Disordered Breathing and Cardiac Arrhythmias: Role of Intermittent Hypoxia /Thomas Bitter --Effects of Chronic Intermittent Hypoxia on Cardiac Rhythm Transcriptomic Networks /Sanda Iacobas and Dumitru Andrei Iacobas --Intermittent Hypoxia and Atherosclerosis /Demet Tekin, Elisa Chong and Lei Xi --Protective Effects of Chronic Intermittent Hypoxia Against Myocardial Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury /Huang-Tian Yang, Yi Zhang, Zhi-Hua Wang and Zhao-Nian Zhou --Role of Mitochondrial Permeability Transition Pore in Intermittent Hypoxia-Induced Cardiac and Neuronal Protection /Galina Vavilova, Tatyana Shimanskaya, Nataliya Strutynska, Sergey Talanov and Vadim Sagach --Intermittent Hypoxia Alters the Function of Cardiovascular Neurons and Reflex Pathways in the Brainstem /David D. Kline and David Mendelowitz.Part 2.Intermittent Hypoxia and Respiratory Disorders --Effect of Intermittent Hypoxia on Breathing Stability in Individuals with Sleep Apnea /Jason H. Mateika --Activation of Inflammatory Circulating Factors by Intermittent Hypoxia in Sleep Apnea Syndrome /Larissa Dyugovskaya and Andrey Polyakov --Beneficial Effects of Intermittent Normobaric Hypoxic Training on Respiratory Function in Patients with Chronic Pulmonary Diseases /Mikhail I. Levashov --Effects of Intermittent Hypoxic Training on Exercise Tolerance in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease /Martin Burtscher --Intermittent Hypoxia in Treatment of Bronchial Asthma in Childhood /Tatiana V. Serebrovskaya, Alexander N. Bakunovsky, Klaudia V. Nesvitailova and Iryna N. Mankovska.Part 3.Intermittent Hypoxia and Neurological Disorders --Intermittent Hypoxia and Experimental Parkinson's Disease /Maria V. Belikova, Evgenia E. Kolesnikova and Tatiana V. Serebrovskaya --Protective Effects of Adaptation to Hypoxia in Experimental Alzheimer's Disease /Eugenia B. Manukhina, Anna V. Goryacheva, Maya G. Pshennikova, Igor Yu. Malyshev and Robert T. Mallet, et al. --Neuroprotective Mechanisms of Intermittent Hypoxia: An In Vitro Study /Galina Skibo, Maxim Orlovsky, Anastasiia Maistrenko, Victor Dosenko and Iryna Lushnikova.Part 4.Intermittent Hypoxia and Occupational, Environmental, and Other Disorders --Intermittent Hypoxic Training to Enhance Endurance in Elite Swimmers /Nikolai I. Volkov --Adaptation to Intermittent Hypoxia/Hyperoxia Enhances Efficiency of Exercise Training /Tatyana G. Sazontova, Antonina V. Bolotova, Irina V. Bedareva, Nadezhda V. Kostina and Yuriy V. Arkhipenko --Hypobaric Interval Hypoxia as a Nonmedication Method for Improving the Functional State of Aerospace Pilots and Astronauts /Igor B. Ushakov, Anatoli A. Shishov, Vladimir N. Komarevtsev and Vladimir N. Filatov --Intermittent Hypoxia Remedies Male Subfertility /R. James Swanson and Zoya Serebrovska --Anticancer Effects of Intermittent Hypoxia in Acute Myeloid Leukemia /Guo-Qiang Chen and Wei Liu --Energotropic Effects of Intermittent Hypoxia: Role of Succinate-Dependent Signaling /Ludmila D. Lukyanova, Yu I. Kirova and Elina L. Germanova --Intermittent Hypoxia and Health: From Evolutionary Aspects to Mitochondria Rejuvenation /Arkadi F. Prokopov.Part 5.Methods and Equipment for Therapeutic use of Intermittent Hypoxia in Humans --Benefits and Risks of Different Regimen of Intermittent Hypoxic Training /Katerina Rozova, Olga Gonchar and Iryna N. Mankovska --Individualized Intermittent Hypoxia Training: Principles and Practices /Tatiana V. Serebrovskaya and Lei Xi --Hypoxicators: Review of the Operating Principles and Constructions /Viktor A. Lopata and Tatiana V. Serebrovskaya --Method of Combined Intermittent Hypoxia and Surface Muscle Electrostimulation for Enhancing Peripheral Stem Cells in Humans /Ginés Viscor, Casimiro Javierre, Teresa Pagès, Luisa Corral and Joan Ramon Torrella, et al.
- Interstitial fibrosis in heart failure 2005, Springer
- Interventional cardiology 2005, SpringerPercutaneous mitral balloon valvuloplasty for patients with rheumatic mitral stenosis : immediate and long-term followup results / Igor F. Palacios -- Balloon aortic and pulmonic valvuloplasty / Ted E. Feldman, Timothy A. Sanborn, and William W. O'Neill -- Pathophysiology and percutaneous coronary sinus repair of mitral regurgitation / Nicholas Valettas, Joseph H. Gorman III, and Robert C. Gorman -- Percutaneous coronary sinus approach to the treatment of mitral regurgitation / Fumiaki Ikeno ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous mitral valve repair with the edge-to-edge technique / Frederick G. St. Goar ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous valve insertion for the treatment of calcific aortic valve stenosis / Alain Cribier ... [et al.] -- Patent foramen ovale : neurological considerations / Steven R. Messa, Scott E. Kasner, and Anthony Furlan -- CardioSEAL, cardioSEAL-STARFlex, and PFO-star closure of PFO / Michael J. Landzberg -- Percutaneous closure of patent foramen ovale with the amplatzer PFO occluder : European experience / Andreas Wahl, Stephan Windecker, and Bernhard Meier --Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects using the amplatzer devices / Hitendra Patel ... [et al.] -- An overview of device closure of ventricular septal defects using the amplatzer devices / Ralf Holzer, Qi-Ling Cao, and Ziyad M. Hijazi -- Left atrial appendage occlusion / Mark Reisman -- Devices for myocardial preservation / Simon R. Dixon and William W. O'Neill -- Percutaneous mechanical assist devices / Suresh R. Mulukutla and Howard A. Cohen -- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy / Haran Burri and Ulrich Sigwart -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and myocardial regeneration / G. Chad Hughes and Brian H. Annex -- Renal and iliac intervention / Michael T. Caulfield, Dharsh Fernando, and Kenneth Rosenfield -- Percutaneous carotid artery stenting / Cameron Haery and Jay S. Yadav -- Aortic stent grafting : percutaneous and surgical approaches / Omaida C. Velazquez, Edward Woo, and Ronald M. Fairman -- Interventional echocardiography / Frank E. Silvestry -- 3D angiography / Nathan E. Green ... [et al.] -- Interventional cardiovascular MRI : current status and future directions / Milind Y. Desai, Albert C. Lardo, and Joao A.C. Lima.
- Interventional pericardiology 2011, Springer
- Interventional treatment of advanced ischemic heart disease 2009, Springer
- Introduction to cardiopulmonary exercise testing 2013, SpringerCardiopulmonary exercise testing is an important diagnostic test in pulmonary medicine and cardiology. Capable of providing significantly more information about an individual's exercise capacity than standard exercise treadmill or 6-minute walk tests, the test is used for a variety of purposes including evaluating patients with unexplained exercise limitation or dyspnea on exertion, monitoring disease progression or response to treatment, determining fitness to undergo various surgical procedures and monitoring the effects of training in highly fit athletes. Introduction to Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing is a unique new text that is ideal for trainees. It is presented in a clear, concise and easy-to-follow manner and is capable of being read in a much shorter time than the available texts on this topic. Chapters describe the basic physiologic responses observed during sustained exercise and explain how to perform and interpret these studies. The utility of the resource is further enhanced by several sections of actual patient cases, which provide opportunities to begin developing test interpretation skills. Given the widespread use of cardiopulmonary exercise testing in clinical practice, trainees in pulmonary and critical care medicine, cardiology, sports medicine, exercise physiology, and occasionally internal medicine, will find Introduction to Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing to be an essential and one of a kind reference.
- Learning cardiac imaging 2010, Springer
- Left main coronary artery disease 2009, Springer
- Living with coronary disease 2007, Springer
- Local cardiac renin angiotensin-aldosterone system 2006, Springer
- Local cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone system. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Magnetic resonance angiography 2012, Springer
- Magnetic resonance imaging of congenital heart disease 2012, SpringerThis textbook is alone in focusing on the subject of cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging in pediatric and adult patients with congenital heart disease. The topic of congenital heart disease imaging is usually relegated to a single chapter in most general CMR texts. The expanding scope of CHD warrants a text dedicated to covering CHD and CMR imaging in detail. Our proposed book aims to be a comprehensive and authoritative text on this subject.
- Malignant effusions 2012, SpringerMorphological and Functional Characteristics of Serous Cavities /Olga V. Lebedinskaya, Irina Zh Shubina, Natalia Yu Anisimova, Alexey N. Kopylov and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Pathogenesis of Malignant Effusions /Irina O. Chikileva, Natalia Yu Anisimova, Irina Zh Shubina and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Diagnosis and Treatment of Malignant Pleural Effusion /Sergi Call, David Sánchez and Ramón Rami-Porta --Malignant Ascites: Diagnosis and Treatment /Fausto Petrelli and Sandro Barni --Malignant Pericardial Disease /Caroline Chiles and Girish Shroff --Adoptive Immunotherapy of Malignant Effusions /Irina Zh Shubina, Konstantin S. Titov, Irina O. Chikileva, Lev V. Demidov and Mikhail V. Kiselevsky --Hyperthermia and Intracavitary Chemotherapy in Prevention and Treatment of Malignant Effusions /Gianfranco Baronzio, Giammaria Fiorentini, Marco Ballerini, Valter Cassuti and Giorgio Forzenigo, et al.
- Management of cardiac arrhythmias. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Management of cardiovascular disease in women 2014, Springer"This book summarizes the great progress in the treatment of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Due to improved therapies, preventive strategies and increased public awareness, CVD mortality has been on the decline for both genders. Unfortunately, the decline has been less prominent for women, and CVD remains the leading cause of mortality for women in the United States and is responsible for a third of all deaths of women worldwide. Management of Cardiovascular Disease in Women provides a comprehensive overview of differences in cardiac problems in women including the challenges and limitations of the available literature. Unique aspects to women's heart health such as pregnancy, the impact of emotional stress and other psychosocial issues are discussed by leading experts in the field. They therefore provide important insight to cardiovascular care in women, making this book an essential resource for a wide range of practitioners including cardiologists, primary care providers, internists, and reproductive healthcare professionals."--Publisher's website.
- Management of heart failure v.1-2, 2008., Springerv.2, 2008 Springerv. 1. Medical / edited by Ragavendra R. Baliga, Bertram Pitt, and Michael M. Givertz -- v. 2. Surgical / edited by Jai Raman.
- Manual of coronary chronic total occlusion interventions 2014, ScienceDirectManual of Coronary Chronic Total Occlusion Interventions: A Step-by-Step Approach is a practical, easy to read reference for coronary chronic total occlusion interventions (CTO). Written by recognized national and international experts in the field, this reference compiles the steps necessary to preform, pitfalls to watch out for, and troubleshooting needed for coronary chronic total occlusion interventions (CTO). A practical, case-oriented and easy to read reference with illustrations and step-by-step guidance for coronary chronic total occlusion interventions (CTO).Includes expert guidance reviewed by leaders in the field with both large clinical experience with high success rates and extensive experience proctoring CTOs in multiple clinical centers.
- Manual of heart failure management 2009, Springer
- Manual of outpatient cardiology 2012, SpringerAn ever growing population of patients are affected by cardiac disease. Most of these diseases are chronic in nature and require long term outpatient follow up. Subsequently, outpatient providers are finding themselves responsible for an increasing number of patients with cardiovascular issues. Appropriate diagnosis and management of cardiac disease is essential to providing high quality care in an efficient manner. There is a wide spectrum of providers involved in the care of these patients, many of which are not cardiologists. The Manual of Outpatient Cardiology is written in a practical, didactic format designed to deliver point-of-care information to practitioners of cardiology and assist non-cardiologists with the efficient management of cardiac disease. Highly illustrated with schematics and useful clinical figures, this book is an essential reference to all outpatient cardiology procedures.
- Manual of thoracic endoaortic surgery 2010, Springer
- "One of the strengths of Marriott's Practical Electrocardiography through its more than 50-year history has been its lucid foundation for understanding the basis for ECG interpretation. Again, in this revision, we have attempted to retain the best of the Marriott tradition--emphasis on the concepts required for everyday ECG interpretation and the simplicities, rather than complexities, of the ECG recordings. During preparation of the 9th and 10th editions, Tobin Lim coauthored many of the 11th edition chapters and served as the primary developer of the digital content associated with that edition. Tobin Lim's input continues into this 12th edition, and David Strauss has led even further into the electronic-based interactive learning experiences. More than 30 of the figures that evolved through previous editions have now been converted through the creative expertise of Mark Flanders into animated movies accessed via QR codes imbedded in the book. David has also collaborated with electrocardiographic educators who are especially skilled in e-based education to add interactive video content to many of the 12th edition chapters. Each of the now 24 chapters is divided (as indicated in the table of contents) into discrete, compact "learning units." Each learning unit begins on a new page to provide blank space for the reader's notes. The purpose of the learning units is to make this book easier to use by allowing the reader to be selective regarding the material to be considered at a particular time. Because the modern student of electrocardiography is primarily oriented to a visual perspective, we have typically begun each page with an illustration"--Provided by publisher.
- Mastery of cardiothoracic surgery. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- MDCT and MRI of the heart 2014, SpringerThe new series A-Z Notes in Radiological Practice and Reporting provides practical guides for residents and general radiologists, organized alphabetically, primarily according to disease or condition. All booklets are designed so as to comprise only a small number of illustrations and to cover a large spectrum of topicsreferring to different anatomical regions of interest. The first volume on cardiac CT and MR imaging contains all the practical suggestions that can help a radiologist in the execution and reporting of a cardiac examination. The book is structured to offer an easy and fast consultation on cardiac imaging and pathology with the use of tables and figures. Entries typically include a short description of pathological and clinical characteristics, guidance on selection of the most appropriate imaging technique, a schematic review of potential diagnostic clues, and useful tips and tricks.
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular aging. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Mechanosensitivity of the heart 2010, Springer
- MGH cardiology board review 2014, SpringerPreparing for the cardiology board examination is an intensely stressful period and traditionally relies on the participant searching through their own references, whether that be the large textbooks, small handbooks and their own notes. Good books are generally too long and time-consuming, while shorter books are either insubstantial in content or rely too much on the views of one author. The key elements for a successful reference for those taking their boards are a balanced proportion of essential content alongside rare but frequently tested topics, the wisdom of experts in the field, a practical questions session at the end of every topic and additional visuals not possible on the two-dimensional page. In the MGH Cardiology Board Review, the Editors have compiled the expertise of over 72 experienced authors from the Mass General in a succinct volume, applying methods thoroughly tested in the Board Review Conference. In addition, two very important sections are included on ECGs and images, contents of which are derived from the board examination answer keys, the very ones that readers are expected to know. Plans on how to best approach the board examination preparation and what additional resources to go to are provided. In short, this book has all the strengths to ensure your success on the boards exam.
- Minimally invasive thoracic and cardiac surgery 2012, SpringerPart I. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, general -- Part II. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the lung -- Part III. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the pleura -- Part IV. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the mediastinum -- Part V. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, chest wall -- Part VI. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the oesophagus -- Part VII. Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, the diaphragm -- Part VIII. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, general -- Part IX. Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, the heart -- Index.
- Mitochondria and the heart 2005, Springer
- Mitochondria and their role in cardiovascular disease 2013, SpringerPart 1. General principles of mitochondria and the heart -- Introduction to Mitochondria in the Heart -- Methods to Study Mitochondrial Structure and Function -- Mitochondrial Structure, Composition, and Dynamics -- Mitochondrial Biogenesis -- Mechanisms of Bioenergy Production in Mitochondria -- Bioenergetics Interplay Between Cardiac Mitochondria and Other Subcellular Compartments -- Part 2. Heart mitochondria signal transduction. Stem cells -- Endothelial Mitochondria: Contribution to Cardiovascular Function and Disease -- Heart Mitochondria: Receivers and Transmitters of Signals -- Stem Cells and Mitochondria -- Part 3. Stress and cell death -- Heart Mitochondrial ROS and Oxidative Stress -- Cell-Death Pathways and Mitochondria -- Part 4. Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiology -- Mitochondria in Pediatric Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 5. The aging heart and mitochondria -- Mitochondria in the Aging Heart -- Part 6. Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis, hypertension and ischemia -- The Role of Mitochondria in Atherosclerosis -- The Role of Mitochondria in Hypertension -- Role of Mitochondria in Ischemia and Cardioprotection -- Part 7. Mitochondria in Heart Failure and Dysrhythmias -- Mitochondrial Dynamics in Health and Disease -- Mitochondria Play an Essential Role in Heart Failure -- Mitochondria and Cardiac Dysrhythmias -- Part 8. Mitochondria in heart metabolism -- Diabetes and Cardiac Mitochondria -- The Role of Mitochondria in the Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance -- Thyroid Hormone and Myocardial Mitochondria -- Part 9. Mitochondrial Therapy -- Targeting the Mitochondria in Cardiovascular Diseases -- Part 10. Looking to the future of mitochondria and the heart -- Current Progress and Future Perspectives: Toward Mitochondrial Medicine.
- Mitral valve repair 2011, Springer
- Mitral valve surgery 2011, SpringerSurgical anatomy of the mitral and tricuspid valve -- Pathology and classification of mitral valve disease -- Chronic mitral regurgitation -- Chronic ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Asymptomatic mitral valve regurgitation: watchful wait or early repair?: review of the current evidence -- Mitral valve prosthesis insertion with preservation of the sub-valvar apparatus -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve: the respect rather than resect approach -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve: the edge-to-edge technique -- How I assess and repair the Barlow mitral valve -- Ischemic mitral regurgitation -- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery -- Mitral stenosis -- Atrial fibrillation: non-surgical management -- Ablation of atrial fibrillation with cardiac surgery -- Tricuspid regurgitation: natural history, assessment, and intervention.
- Molecular biology of valvular heart disease 2014, SpringerThis book presents the cellular details and the basic molecular biology approaches for understanding cardiac valvular disease. It provides novel cellular targets for developing future clinical trials and comprehensive clinical discussion of this expanding field. Molecular Biology of Valvular Heart Disease will guide physicians on the potential medical therapies to treat valvular heart disease while providing a platform for cellular targeting of valvular heart disease. Residents and fellows in cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, and current and future valve biologists alike will find this book to be an invaluable resource for developing further interest and understanding of the cellular basis for cardiac valvular disease treatment.
- Molecular cardiology 2005, Springer ProtocolsIntroduction to methods in molecular cardiology / Zhongjie Sun -- Gene therapy approaches to cardiovascular disease / J. Mark Jones and Walter J. Koch -- Gene therapy for myocardial ischemia using hypoxia inducible double plasmid / Yi Tang -- Cardiac gene delivery using dna-adenoviral constructs / J. Mark Jones and Walter J. Koch -- Manipulation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase within the paraventricular nucleus using adenovirus and antisense technology / Yi-Fan Li ... [et al.] -- TAT-mediated protein transduction: delivering biologically active proteins into the heart / Asa B. Gustafson, Roberta A. Gottlieb, and David J. Granville -- Expression of human eNOS in cardiac and endothelial cells / Xiuqing Wang and Zhongjie Sun -- Strategies of conditional gene expression in myocardium: an overview / Heather Heine ... [et al.] -- Gene silencing method using adenoviral RNAi vector -- In cardiomyocytes and vascular smooth muscule cells / Hideko Kasahara and Hiroki Aoki -- Cardiac commitment of embryonic cells for myocardial repair / Dana Zeineddine ... [et al.] -- Autologous mesenchymal stem cells for post ischemic myocardial repair / Yao Liang Tang -- Cellular therapy with autologous skeletal myoblasts for ischemic heart disease and heart failure / Yao Liang Tang -- Protocols for myocardial infarction repair using fetal cardiac myocytes / Sharon Etzion ... [et al.] -- Methods for examining stem cells in post ischemic and transplanted hearts / Nana Rezai ... [et al.] -- Endothelial progenitor cell/ex vivo expansion and gene transfer / Hideki Iwaguro and Takayuki Asahara -- Delineation of sequences essential for specific promoter activation during pressure overloaded hypertrophy or factor-induced hypertrophy / Chellam Rajamanickam and Radhakrishnan Jeejabai -- Evaluation of cardiac isoform of 2 macroglobulin as a factor inducing cardiac hypertrophy / Chellam Rajamanickam and Radhakrishnan Jeejabai -- Detection of apoptosis in cardiovascular diseases / Arwen Hunter, Jonathan C. Choy, and David J. Granville -- Detection of cardiac signaling in the injured and hypertrophied heart / Xiaoning Si ... [et al.] -- Affymetrix oligonucleotide analysis of gene expression in the injured heart / Bobby Yanagawa ... [et al.] -- Identification and validation of loci and candidate genes -- Linked to cardiac hypertrophy / Bastien Llamas and Christian F. Deschepper -- Induction and analysis of cardiac hypertrophy in transgenic animal models / Marcos E. Barbosa, Natalia Alenina, and Michael Bader -- Methods for the detection of altered -adrenergic signaling pathways in hypertrophied hearts / Matthew J. Wolf, Hideo Takibana, and Howard A. Rockman -- Transgenic mouse models for cardiac dysfunction by a specific genetic manipulation / Gopal J. Babu and Muthu Periasamy -- Cardiomyocyte defects in diabetic models and protection with cardiac-targeted transgenes / Xia Shen ... [et al.] -- Protocols for cardiac-specific overexpression of angiotensin II type 1 receptor in transgenic rats / Sigrid Hoffmann.
- Molecular defects in cardiovascular disease 2011, Springer
- Molecular sensors for cardiovascular homeostasis 2007, SpringerContributors --Part 1.The DEG/ENaC family --1.The role of DEG/ENaC ion channels in sensory mechanotransduction /Dafni Bazopoulou, Giannis Voglis, and Nektarios Tavernarakis --2.ASICs function as cardiac lactic acid sensors during myocardial ischemia /Christopher J. Benson and Edwin W. McCleskey --3.Molecular components of neural sensory transduction DEG/ENac proteins in baro and chemoreceptors /François M. Abboud, Yongjun Lu, and Mark W. Chapleau --Part II.The TRP family --4.TRP channels as molecular sensors of physical stimuli /Roger G. O'Neill --5.TRPV1 in central cardiovascular control : discerning the C-fiber afferent pathway /Michael C. Andersen, Mark W. Doyle, Timothy W. Bailey, and Young-Ho Jin --6.TRPV1 as a molecular transducer for salt and water homeostasis /Donna H. Wang and Jeffrey R. Sachs --7.Functional interaction between ATP and TRPV1 receptors /Makoto Tominaga and Tomoko Moriyama --8.TRPV4 and hypotonic stress /David M. Cohen --Part III.Other ion channels and biosensors --9.Ion channels in shear stress sensing in vascular endothelium : ion channels in vascular mechanotransduction /Abdul I. Barakat, Deborah K. Lieu, and Andrea Gojova --10.Redox signaling in oxygen sensing by vessels /Andrea Olschewski and E. Kenneth Weir --11.Impedance spectroscopy and quartz crystal microbalance : noninvasive tools to analyze ligand-receptor interactions at functionalized surfaces and of cell monolayers /Andreas Hinz and Hans-Joachim Galla --Index.
- Mosaic of cardiovascular protection 2003, HighWire
- "Established since 1968 as a classic pediatric cardiology text, this edition uses new technology to bring the most sought after information in the most concise, effective manner. This eighth edition is reduced from the two-volume work into a concise, easy-to-use single volume moving all but key references to the online component. Leading international experts describe state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional techniques for treatment of young patients with congenital and acquired heart diseases and for adult survivors of congenital heart disease"--Provided by publisher.
- v. 1. Structure and function of the cardiovascular system ; Diagnostic methods ; Electrophysiology ; Therapeutic methods ; Pediatric cardiac intensive care ; From the gene to the neonate ; Congenital cardiovascular malformations -- v. 2. Congenital cardiovascular malformations [cont'd.] ; Diseases of the endocardium, myocardium, and pericardium ; Pulmonary vascular disease ; The young adult with congenital heart disease ; Other special problems and issues.
- MRI of cardiovascular malformations 2011, SpringerPatient preparation: magnetic resonance imaging techniques -- Cardiovascular anatomy and atlas of MR normal anatomy -- MRI sequential segmental analysis and identification of anomalies -- Anomalous systemic and pulmonary venous connections -- Aortic arch anomalies, tracheal compression and stenosis -- Other aortic malformations -- Anomalies of the right ventricular outflow tract and pulmonary arteries -- Postoperative evaluation
- MRI of the heart and vessels 2005, Springer
- Multi-slice and dual-source CT in cardiac imaging. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Multidetector-row CT angiography 2005, Springer
- Multimodal cardiovascular imaging 2011, AccessMedicineCurrent methods and their applications for cardiovascular multimodal imaging -- Echocardiography -- Phonocardiography -- Myocardial perfusion single photon emission computed tomography and positron emission tomography -- Coronary angiography -- Cardiac computed tomography -- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in ischemic heart disease -- Electrocardiography of ischemic heart disease -- Electrophysiologic mapping -- Nuclear cardiology applied to electrophysiology -- Optical mapping of electrical activity -- Dipolar electrocardiotopography imaging -- Foundations of future methods for cardiovascular multimodal imaging -- Electrocardiographic imaging of epicardial potentials -- Electromechanical modeling applied to cardiac resychronization therapy -- Computational cardiac electrophysiology: modeling tissue and organ -- Cardiac simulation for education: the electrocardiogram according to ECGSIM -- Graphical analysis of heart rate patterns to access cardiac autonomic function -- Development of the heart, with particular reference to the cardiac conduction tissues -- Cardiovascular multimodal imaging in key clincial problems -- Congenital heart disease: atrioventricular septal defect -- Right ventricular cardiomyopathies -- Ischemic heart disease -- Acute myocardial infarction -- Diseases of the aorta -- Peripheral vascular disease -- Pulmonary vascular disease -- Atrial fibrillation.
- Myocardial ischaemia and reperfusion injury 2001, HighWire
- Myocardial ischemia 2006, Springer
- Nadas' Pediatric cardiology. 2nd ed. 2006, MD ConsultThe NADAS years at children's hospital -- Cardiology at children's hospital Boston: today and into the future -- Embryology -- Morphologic anatomy -- Segmental approach to diagnosis -- Dysmorphology and genetics -- Fetal and transitional circulation -- Congestive heart failure -- Hypoxemia -- Central nervous system sequelae of congenital heart disease -- Pulmonary hypertension -- History, growth, nutrition, physical examination, and routine laboratory tests -- Electrocardiography and introduction to electrophysiologic techniques -- Imaging techniques: echocardiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and computerized tomography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Assessment of ventricular and myocardial performance -- Exercise testing -- Sedation and anesthesia in cardiac procedures -- Intensive care unit -- Methodological issues for database development: trends -- Methodological issues in clinical research -- Contemporary pediatric cardiovascular nursing -- Innocent murmurs, syncope, and chest pain -- Preventive heart disease: dyslipidemia and hypertension (systemic) -- Rheumatic fever -- Kawasaki disease -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial diseases -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiac arrhythmias -- Ventricular septal defect -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Tetralogy of fallot -- Aortic outflow abnormalities -- Atrial septal defect -- Patient ductus arteriosus -- Coarctation of the aorta -- D-transposition of the great arteries -- Endocardial cushion defects -- Cardiac malpositions and the heterotaxy syndromes -- Mitral valve and left atrial lesions -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, mitral atresia, and aortic atresia -- Pulmonary atresia and intact ventricular septum -- Double-outlet right ventricle -- Single ventricle -- Tricuspid atresia -- Tricuspid valve problems -- Truncus arteriosus -- Total anomalous pulmonary venous return -- Aortopulmonary window -- Origin of a pulmonary artery from the aorta (hemitruncus) -- "Corrected" transposition of the great arteries -- Vascular fistulae -- Coronary artery anomalies -- Vascular rings and slings -- Cardiac tumors -- Adult congenital heart disease -- Neonatal and infant cardiac surgery -- Surgical management of the patient with the univentricular heart -- Minimally invasive and robotically assisted cardiovascular surgery, and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation -- Current and future cardiovascular organ and tissue replacement therapies -- Cardiac excitability and heritable arrhythmias.
- Nanomedicine and the cardiovascular system 2012, CRCnetBASE"The nanosciences are a rapidly expanding field of research with applicability to all areas of health and disease prevention, including cardiology in its broadest sense. This book covers a variety of nano subjects and areas as applied to the heart and circulatory system. There are state-of-the-art chapters on nanoparticles, nanowires, nanoscale topography, nanosensors, nanospheres, nanospin probes, nanomatrices and nanobubbles to name but a few topics. Their applications to cardiovascular disorders and their treatments are also described"--Provided by publisher.
- Natriuretic peptides 2006, Springer
- Part 1. Introduction -- Chapter 1. Practical and Theoretical Considerations, p. 1-17 -- Chapter 2. Associated Noncardiac Problems, p. 18-22 -- Part 2. Surgical Procedures -- Chapter 3. Aortopulmonary Shunts, p. 23-32 -- Chapter 4. Banding the Pulmonary Artery, p. 33-36 -- Chapter 5. Valves and Conduits, p. 37-56 -- Chapter 6. “Single Ventricle” Repairs, p. 57-70 -- Chapter 7. Transplantation, p. 71-74-- Part 3. Left-to-Right Shunts - Section A. Aortic Origin -- Chapter 8. Patent Ductus Arteriosus, p. 75-92 -- Chapter 9. Anomalous Origin of One Pulmonary Artery from the Aorta (Hemitruncus), p. 93-96 -- Chapter 10. Aortopulmonary Window, p. 97-102 -- Chapter 11. Systemic Arteriovenous Fistula, p. 103-110 -- Chapter 12. Coronary Arterial Fistula, p. 111-120 -- Chapter 13. Congenital Aneurysms of the Sinus of Valsalva, p. 121-129-- Part 3. Left-to-Right Shunts - Section B. Ventricular or Atrial Origin -- Chapter 14. Atrial Septal Defect (Secundum), p. 131-156 -- Chapter 15. Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection with an Intact Atrial Septum, p. 157-160 -- Chapter 16. Scimitar Syndrome, p. 161-166 -- Chapter 17. Ostium Primum Defect, p. 167-174 -- Chapter 18. Complete Atrioventricular Septal Defect, p. 175-182 -- Chapter 19. Isolated Ventricular Septal Defect, p. 183-205 -- Chapter 20. Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries, p. 206-217-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section C. Right Ventricular Outflow Tract -- Chapter 21. Pulmonary Stenosis, p. 219-233 -- Chapter 22. Double-Chambered Right Ventricle, p. 234-236 -- Chapter 23. Stenosis of the Main and Branch Pulmonary Arteries, p. 237-242-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section D. Left Ventricular Outflow Tract and Aorta -- Chapter 24. Valvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 243-263 -- Chapter 25. Bicuspid Aortic Valve without Stenosis, p. 264-276 -- Chapter 26. Supravalvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 277-281 -- Chapter 27. Discrete Subvalvar Aortic Stenosis, p. 282-290 -- Chapter 28. Coarctation of the Aorta, p. 291-317 -- Chapter 29. Interrupted Aortic Arch, p. 318-325-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section E. Left Ventricular Inflow Tract -- Chapter 30. Cor Triatriatum Sinister, p. 327-334 -- Chapter 31. Congenital Atresia or Stenosis of Pulmonary Veins, p. 335-340 -- Chapter 32. Congenital Mitral Valve Obstruction, p. 341-349-- Part 4. Obstructive Lesions - Section F. Regurgitant Lesions -- Chapter 33. Aortic Valve Regurgitation, p. 351-355 -- Chapter 34. Aortoventricular Tunnel, p. 356-358 -- Chapter 35. Mitral Valve Regurgitation, p. 359-363 -- Chapter 36. Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, p. 364-367 -- Chapter 37. Idiopathic Pulmonary Regurgitation, p. 368-370-- Part 5. Miscellaneous Aortic Root Lesions -- Chapter 38. Anomalous Origin of a Coronary Artery from the Pulmonary Artery, p. 371-383 -- Chapter 39. Abnormal Origins of the Coronary Arteries from the Aortic Root, p. 384-400 -- Chapter 40. Vascular Rings and Slings, p. 401-409-- Part 6. Right-to-Left Shunts -- Chapter 41. Tetralogy of Fallot, p. 411-436 -- Chapter 42. Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia, p. 437-445 -- Chapter 43. Tetralogy of Fallot with Absent Pulmonary Valve, p. 446-450 -- Chapter 44. Complete Transposition of the Great Arteries, p. 451-485 -- Chapter 45. Tricuspid Atresia, p. 486-493 -- Chapter 46. Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Ventricular Septum, p. 494-506 -- Chapter 47. Ebstein Anomaly, p. 507-518 -- Chapter 48. Truncus Arteriosus, p. 519-530 -- Chapter 49. Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, p. 531-545 -- Chapter 50. Single (Double-Inlet) Ventricle, p. 546-555 -- Chapter 51. Double-Outlet Right or Left Ventricle, p. 556-565 -- Chapter 52. Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection, p. 566-578 -- Chapter 53. Heterotaxy Syndromes, p. 579-586 -- Chapter 54. Pulmonary Arteriovenous Fistula, p. 587-594 -- Chapter 55. Eisenmenger Syndrome, p. 595-604.
- New concepts in managing patients with chronic heart failure 2006, HighWire
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases 2008, Springer
- New look at the heart in heart failure 2002, HighWire
- New perspectives in heart failure/ 2004, HighWire
- New solutions for the heart 2011, SpringerThe changing population: the surgeon's challenge -- Fundamentals of the past: cardioplegia: the first period revisited -- Sites of injury: myocyte -- Sites of injury: the endothelium -- Intraoperative protection of the myocardium: effects of age and gender -- Protection of the right heart -- Protection of the failing heart -- Protection during heart transplantation -- The endothelium as target for interventions -- Vascular effects of cardioplegic arrest and cardiopulmonary bypass -- Oxygen radical scavengers -- New approaches to cardioplegia: alternatives to hyperkalemia -- Myocardial protection via the coronary venous route -- Donor heart preservation by continuous perfusion -- Visualization of cardioplegia delivery.
- Acute coronary syndrome — Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. (114)
- Cardiovascular MR manual — Evidence-based cardiology consult (114)
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age — New solutions for the heart (114)
- Noninvasive imaging of myocardial ischemia — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (112)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases