Books by Subject
- Acute coronary syndrome — Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease (108)
- Cardiovascular MRI in practice — Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease (108)
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age — New concepts in managing patients with chronic heart failure (108)
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (106)
CardiologyAccess restricted to Stanford Community unless noticed otherwise
- Cardiovascular MRI in practice 2008, Springer
- Cardiovascular pediatric critical illness and injury 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Cardiovascular physiology. 8th edition. [8th ed.] 2014, AccessMedicineOverview of the cardiovascular system -- Characteristics of cardiac muscle cells -- The heart pump -- Measurements of cardiac function -- Cardiac abnormalities -- The peripheral vascular system -- Vascular control -- Hemodynamic interactions -- Regulation of arterial pressure -- Cardiovascular responses to physiological stresses -- Cardiovascular function in pathological situations -- Answers to study questions.
- Cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation 2007, SpringerIntroduction / edited by Peter Mathes -- Exercise testing in heart disease / edited by Helmut Gohlke -- Exercise training in heart disease / edited by Helmut Gohlke -- Nutrition / edited by Catherine Monpère -- Tobacco addiction / edited by Irene Hellemans -- Psychological and behavioral support / edited by Hannah McGee -- Social and caring support / edited by Philippe Sellier -- Adapted programs for special groups / edited by Hugo Saner -- Pharmacotherapy, organization, evaluation / edited by Joep Perk.
- Cardiovascular proteomics 2006, Springer Protocols
- Cardiovascular research 2006, Springer
- Cardiovascular surgery 2006 2007, HighWire
- Cardiovascular surgery 2007 2008, HighWire
- Cardiovascular system 2002, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressDevelopment of the cardiovascular system -- Transcription factors in cardiovascular development -- Vascular biology -- Tumor angiogenesis -- Genetics and genomics of the cardiovascular system -- Regulation of the heart -- Heart disease and failure -- Hypertension, atherosclerosis, and lipid homeostasis -- Repairing the cardiovascular system -- Author index -- Subject index.
- Carotid artery stenting 2009, Springer
- Case-based echocardiography 2011, SpringerPhysics and Artifacts -- Basic Ultrasound Views -- Quantification of Left Ventricular Size and Wall Thickness -- Quantification of Left Ventricular Systolic Function -- Noninvasive Hemodynamic Assessment -- Echocardiographic Assessment of Diastolic Dysfunction (DD) and Heart Failure with Normal EF (HFnlEF) -- Tissue Doppler Imaging and Strain Echocardiography -- Transesophageal Echocardiography -- Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography -- Use of Echo Contrast in Routine Practice -- Three-Dimensional Echocardiography -- Stress Echocardiography --Mechanical Dyssynchrony Assessment -- Post Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) Optimization Protocol -- Echocardiographic Assessment of the Right Ventricle -- Aortic Valve Stenosis and Regurgitation -- Mitral Prolapse Regurgitation and Mitral Stenosis -- Right-Sided Heart Valves Assessment in Disease -- The Assessment of Prosthetic Valve Function -- The Aorta: Diseases of the Aorta -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy -- Stress Cardiomyopathy -- Pericardial Diseases -- Atrial Septal Defect -- Percutaneous Interventions for Congenital Heart Defects -- Cardiac Tumors and Masses -- Cardiac Transplantation -- Vascular Imaging.
- Catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias 2006, Springer
- Catheter-based cardiovascular interventions 2013, SpringerOperator skills, and in particular decision-making and strategic skills, are the most critical factor for the outcome of catheter-based cardiovascular interventions. Currently, such skills are commonly developed by the empirical trial and error method only. In this textbook, for the first time, an explicit teaching, training, and learning approach is set out that will enable interventional operators, whether cardiologists, vascular surgeons, vascular specialists, or radiologists, to learn about and to develop the cognitive skills required in order to achieve consistent expert-level catheter-based interventions. It is anticipated that adoption of this approach will allow catheter-based interventions to become a domain of excellence, with rapid transfer of knowledge, steep learning curves, and highly efficient acquisition of complex skills by individual operators -- all of which are essential if we are to meet successfully the challenges of modern cardiovascular care embedded in highly competitive health care markets.
- Cell transplantation for myocardial repair 2006, HighWire
- Chest pain with normal coronary arteries 2013, SpringerIntroductory Chapters --Cardiac Syndrome X: An Overview --Non-Cardiac Chest Pain of Non-Esophageal Origin --Esophageal Chest Pain --Epidemiology and Pathogenesis --Epidemiology of Cardiac Syndrome X and Microvascular Angina --Healthcare Costs of Angina in Women --Psychological Aspects: Diagnosis and Management --Cardiac Syndrome X and Myocardial Ischemia: Pathogenesis --Endothelial Dysfunction in Microvascular Angina --The Pathogenesis of Vasospastic Angina --The Coronary Slow Flow Phenomenon --Microvascular Angina in Different Clinical Conditions --Microvascular Angina in Essential Hypertension --Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy --Microvascular Angina in Different Clinical Conditions: Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome --The Transplanted Heart --Immune Responses in Atherosclerosis and Microvascular Angina --Microvascular Coronary Dysfunction Post-Myocardial Revascularization --The Role of Microvascular Coronary Dysfunction in Acute Myocardial Infarction --Diagnosis --Diagnostic Algorithms --Angina in Women: Epidemiology, Prognosis and Diagnosis --The Role of Positron Emission Tomography --The Role of MRI for Diagnosis in Women with Angina and Open Arteries --Role of Echocardiography in Evaluation of Women with Chest Pain --Assessment of Coronary Vasomotor Responses: Clinical Usefulness --New Techniques for the Assessment of Coronary Microvascular Abnormalities --Prognosis --Cardiac Syndrome X Prognosis --Impaired Quality of Life - Causes, Assessment and Management --Treatment --Cardiac Syndrome X: Management Algorithms --Hormonal Changes in Cardiac Syndrome X - Role of Testosterone --Management of Estrogen Deficiency --Progesterone Deficiency --Management of Pain --Chest Pain with Normal Coronary Arteries: Future Directions.
- Cholesterol and beyond 2010, SpringerEmergence of coronary heart disease as a diagnosis -- Experimental pathology in St. Petersburg -- Is plasma cholesterol raised with human atherosclerosis? -- Diet can have worthwhile effects on human plasma cholesterol -- A new type of observational epidemiology -- Serum triglycerides: another risk factor -- Frederickson's classification of the hyperlipoproteinaemias -- The seven countries study (7CS) -- Sucrose: an alternative dietary hypothesis -- HDL-cholesterol is protective -- Critics and sceptics -- Thrombosis on and in atheroma -- Dietary cholesterol may affect plasma cholesterol -- First controlled trials -- Dietary fiber -- Obesity -- Thrombosis treated early -- Fish oil -- Alcohol -- Coffee -- Trans-fatty acids -- Antioxidants -- More controlled dietary trials -- Trials of better drugs -- Linoleic acid is protective -- Plant sterols fade and return -- Soy proteins versus casein -- High homocysteine associated with cardiovascular diseases -- And salt should be included -- How it adds up -- The big picture.
- Cholesterol, atherosclerosis and coronary disease in the UK, 1950-2000 2006, Wellcome Trust
- Chronic viral and inflammatory cardiomyopathy 2006, Springer
- Classic papers in coronary angioplasty 2006, Springer
- Clinical applications of cardiac CT. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Clinical approach to sudden cardiac death syndromes 2010, Springer1. Sudden Unexplained Death -- Sudden Unexplained Death in the Community / Sumeet S. Chugh, Carmen Teodorescu, Audrey Evanado and Kyndaron Reinier -- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Gene-Environment Interactions / Carl E. Hunt and Fern R. Hauck -- 2. Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death. The Initial Investigation -- Unexplained Syncope / Carlos A. Morillo and Víctor Expósito-García -- Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death in Adult Congenital Heart Disease / Paul Khairy -- Endurance Sport Practice and Arrhythmias / Eduard Guasch and Lluís Mont -- Electrocardiograms Not to Miss / Andres Perez-Riera -- Sudden Cardiac Death in Forensic Pathology / Antonio Oliva and Vincenzo L. Pascali -- 3. Cardiac Genetic Syndromes -- Genetic Studies / Marie-Pierre Dubé and John Rioux -- The Long QT Syndrome / Ramon Brugada and Oscar Campuzano -- Brugada Syndrome / Begoña Benito, Ramon Brugada, Josep Brugada and Pedro Brugada -- Short QT Syndrome / Christian Wolpert, Christian Veltmann, Rainer Schimpf and Martin Borggrefe -- Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia / M. Juhani Junttila, Olli Anttonen and Heikki V. Huikuri -- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy/Dysplasia / Michela Bevilacqua, Federico Migliore, Cristina Basso, Gaetano Thiene and Domenico Corrado -- Atrial Fibrillation / Oscar Campuzano and Ramon Brugada -- Dilated Cardiomyopathy / Michelle S. C. Khoo, Luisa Mestroni and Matthew R. G. Taylor -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy / A. J. Marian -- Genetic Lipoprotein Disorders and Cardiovascular Disease / Khalid Alwaili, Khalid Alrasadi, Zari Dastani, Iulia Iatan and Zuhier Awan, et al. -- A Systematic Approach to Marfan Syndrome and Hereditary Forms of Aortic Dilatation and Dissection / Peter N. Robinson and Yskert von Kodolitsch -- Inherited Metabolic Diseases: Emphasis on Myocardial Disease and Arrhythmogenesis / Eduardo Back Sternick -- Clinical Genetics in Congenital Heart Disease / Georgia Sarquella Brugada and Gregor Andelfinger -- 4. Polygenic Cardiovascular Genetics -- Pharmacogenomics / Simon de Denus, Michaels Phillips and Jean-Claude Tardif -- Polygenic Studies in the Risk of Arrhythmias / Moritz F. Sinner and Stefan Kääb -- The Genetic Challenge of Coronary Artery Disease / Robert Roberts, George Wells and Li Chen -- 5. Ethical, Legal and Social Implications -- Psychological Implications of Genetic Investigations / April Manuel, Fern Brunger and Kathy Hodgkinson -- Participation in Recreational Sports for Young Patients with Genetic Cardiovascular Diseases / Barry J. Maron -- Genetic Counseling in Cardiovascular Conditions / Laura Robb.
- Clinical arrhythmology and electrophysiology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Clinical cardiac electrophysiology in the young 2006, SpringerI. Background. Development and structure of the cardiac conduction system / Parvin Dorostkar -- Physiology of the cardiac conduction system / Peter S. Fischbach -- Clinical electrophysiology of the cardiac conduction system / Macdonald Dick II ... [et al.] -- II. Clinical electrophysiology in infants and children. Atrioventricular reentry tachycardia / Ian H. Law -- Atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia / David J. Bradley -- Persistent junctional reciprocating tachycardia / Parvin C. Dorostkar -- Sinoatrial reentrant tachycardia / Macdonald Dick II -- Intra-atrial reentrant tachycardia - atrial flutter / Ian H. Law and Macdonald Dick II -- Atrial fibrillation / Peter S. Fischbach -- Atrial ectopic tachycardias/atrial automatic tachycardia / Burt Bromberg -- Multifocal atrial tachycardia / David J. Bradley -- Ventricular tachycardia / Craig Byrum --Sick Sinus syndrome / William A. Scott -- First- and second-degree atrioventricular block / William A. Scott -- Complete heart block - third-degree heart block / Mohamad Al-Ahdab -- Syncope / Margaret Strieper, Robert M. Campbell, William A. Scott -- Cardiac pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators / Gerald S. Serwer and Ian H. Law -- Genetic disorders of the cardiac impulse / Mark W.W. Russell and Stephanie Wechsler -- Fetal arrhythmia / Elizabeth V. Saarel and Carlen Gomez -- Sudden cardiac death in the young / Christopher B. Stefanelli -- Pharmacology of antiarrhythmic agents / Peter S. Fischbach -- Transcatheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias in the young / Macdonald Dick II, Peter S. Fischbach and Ian H. Law -- Nursing management of arrhythmias in the young / Sarah Leroy.
- Clinical cardiac electrophysiology. 4th ed. 2008, OvidElectrophysiologic investigation: technical aspects -- Electrophysiologic investigation: general concepts -- Sinus node function -- Atrioventricular conduction -- Intraventricular conduction disturbances -- Miscellaneous phenomena related to atrioventricular conduction -- Ectopic rhythms and premature depolarizations -- Supraventricular tachycardias -- Atrial flutter and fibrillation -- Preexcitation syndromes -- Recurrent ventricular tachycardia -- Evaluation of antiarrhythmic agents -- Evaluation of electrical therapy for arrhythmias -- Catheter and surgical ablation in the therapy of arrhythmias.
- Clinical cardiac MRI 2005, SpringerCardiac MRI physics / S. Dymarkowski and H. Bosmans -- Contrast agents for cardiac MRI / Y. Ni and S. Dymarkowski -- Practical setup / S. Dymarkowski and P. Hamaekers -- Cardiac anatomy / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- Cardiovascular MR imaging planes and segmentation / A. M. Taylor and J. Bogaert -- Cardiac function / J. Bogaert -- Myocardial perfusion / Nidal Al-Saadi, and J. Bogaert -- Ischemic heart disease / S. Dymarkowski, J. Bogaert, and Y. Ni -- Nonischemic myocardial disease / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- Heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, and heart transplantation / S. Dymarkowski and J. Bogaert -- Pericardial disease / J. Bogaert, A. M. Taylor, and S. Dymarkowski -- Cardiac masses / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski -- Valvular heart disease / A. M. Taylor and J. Bogaert -- Coronary artery disease / J. Bogaert, S. Dymarkowski, and A. M. Taylor -- Congenital heart disease / V. Mutharangu ... [et al.] -- Imaging of great vessels / S. R. Hegde ... [et al.] -- MR-guided cardiac catheterization / RR. Razavi ... [et al.] -- General conclusions / J. Bogaert, S. Dymarkowski, and A. M. Taylor.
- Clinical cardiac MRI 2012, Springer[1.] Cardiac MRI Physics / Vivek Muthurangu and Steven Dymarkowski -- [2.] MR Contrast Agents for Cardiac Imaging / Yicheng Ni -- [3.] Practical Set-Up / S. Dymarkowski -- [4.] Cardiac Anatomy / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [5.] Cardiovascular MR Imaging Planes and Segmentation / A. M. Taylor and J. Bogaert -- [6.] Cardiac Function / J. Bogaert -- [7.] Myocardial Perfusion / J. Bogaert and K. Goetschalckx -- [8.] Ischemic Heart Disease / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski --  Heart Muscle Diseases / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [10.] Pulmonary Hypertension / Shahin Moledina and Vivek Muthurangu -- [11.] Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation / S. Dymarkowski and J. Bogaert -- [12.] Pericardial Disease / J. Bogaert and A. M. Taylor -- [13.] Cardiac Masses / J. Bogaert and S. Dymarkowski -- [14.] Valvular Heart Disease / Andrew M. Taylor, Steven Dymarkowski, and Jan Bogaert -- [15.] Coronary Artery Diseases / S. Dymarkowski, J. Bogaert, and A. M. Taylor -- [16.] Congenital Heart Disease / Marina L. Hughes, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew M. Taylor -- [17.] Imaging of Great Vessels / Oliver R. Tann, Jan Bogaert, Andrew M. Taylor, and Vivek Muthurangu -- [18.] MR Guided Cardiac Catheterization / Vivek Muthurangu and Andrew M. Taylor -- [19.] Cardiovascular Modeling / Giovanni Biglino, Silvia Schievano, Vivek Muthurangu, and Andrew Taylor -- [20.] General Conclusions / J. Bogaert, S. Dymarkowski, A. M. Taylor, and V. Muthurangu.
- Clinical cardiac pacing, defibrillation, and resynchronization therapy. 4th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Clinical cardiogenetics 2011, SpringerIntroduction to molecular genetics -- Clinical genetics -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Familial dilated cardiomyopathy -- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy from desmosome to disease -- Noncompaction cardiomyopathy -- Mitochondrial cardiomyopathy -- Restrictive cardiomyopathy -- Congenital long QT-syndrome -- The Brugada syndrome -- Short QT syndrome -- Catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia -- A molecular genetic perspective on atrial fibrillation -- Idiopathic ventricular fibrillation -- The genetics of mitral valve prolapse -- Atrioventricular (AV) reentry tachycardia -- Hereditary cardiac conduction diseases -- Connective tissue disorders and smooth muscle disorders in cardiology -- Genetics of congenital heart defects -- Genetic disorders of the lipoprotein metabolism: diagnosis and management -- Novel insights into genetics of arterial thrombosis -- The pharmacogenetics of atherosclerosis -- Genetics of (premature) coronary artery disease -- Heredity neuromuscular diseases and cardiac involvement -- Sudden cardiac death in the young: epidemiology and cardiogenetic evaluation of victims and their relatives -- The outpatient clinics for cardiogenetics -- Abdominal aortic aneurysm -- Future of cardiogenetics.
- Clinical echocardiography. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerMitral Valve /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Aortic Valve /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Tricuspid Valve /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Pulmonary Valve /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Valve Substitutes /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Infective Endocarditis /Matteo Lisi M.D., Sergio Mondillo --Coronary Artery Disease /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Stress Echocardiography /Eugenio Picano, Rosa Sicari --Dilated Cardiomyopathy /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Restrictive Cardiomyopathy /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard --Pulmonary Hypertension /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard --Diseases of the Aorta /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, John R. Pepper --Cardiac Tumors /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard, Michael Rigby --Pericardial Disease /Michael Y. Henein, Mary Sheppard --Echocardiography in Assessment of Simple Congenital Heart Lesions /Wei Li --Echocardiography in the Management of Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) /Evelyn M. Lee --Carotid Scanning /Eugenio Picano, Rosa Sicari.
- Clinical electrocardiography. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialIntroductory principles -- Basic ECG waves -- ECG leads -- The normal ECG -- Electrical axis and axis deviation -- Atrial and ventricular enlargement -- Ventricular conduction disturbances (Bundle branch blocks) -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction, section I (ST segment elevation ischemia and Q wave infarct patterns ) -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction, section II (ST segment depression ischemia and non-Q wave infarct patterns ) -- Drug effects, electrolyte abnormalities and metabolic factors -- Pericardial, myocardial and pulmonary syndromes -- Wolff-Parkinson-White preexcitation patterns -- Sinus rhythms -- Supraventricular arrhythmias, section I (Premature atrial and AV junctional beats, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias, and AV junctional rhythms) -- Supraventricular arrhythmias, section II (Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation) -- Ventricular arrhythmias -- Atrioventricular (AV) heart block -- Digitalis toxicity -- Cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Bradycardias and tachycardias: review and differential diagnosis -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: a brief introduction -- How to interpret an ECG -- Limitations and uses of the ECG -- ECG differential diagnoses: instant reviews.
- Clinical exercise testing 2002, Karger
- Clinical psychology and heart disease 2006, SpringerCh. 1. Clinical psychology for cardiac disease / E. Molinari, L. Bellardita, A. Compare -- Pt. I. Psychological risk factors for cardiac disease. Ch. 2. Psychological risk factors for cardiac disease and pathophysiological mechanisms: an overview / A. Compare, L. Gondoni, E. Molinari -- Ch. 3. Psychophysiology of heart disease / G. Parati, M. Valentini, G. Mancia -- Ch. 4. Mental stress ischemia: characteristics, pathophysiology, prognosis and treatment / M.M. Burg -- Ch. 5. Depression and CHD: prevalence, prognosis, pathophysiology and treatment / K. Maier, D. Chatkoff, M.M. Burg -- Ch. 6. Prevalence of depression in chronic heart failure / E.P. Havranek -- Ch. 7. Depression in coronary artery disease: assessment and treatment / W.J. Kop, D.N. Ader -- Ch. 8. Anxiety and heart disease / D.K. Moser, M.J. De Jong -- Ch. 9. Anxiety, depressive symptoms and heart transplantation / S. Zipfel et al. -- Ch. 10. Psychological factors in hypertension development and treatment / T. Rutledge -- Ch. 11. Type A, Type D, anger-prone behavior and risk of relapse in CHD patients / A. Compare, G.M. Manzoni, E. Molinari -- Ch. 12. Defensive hostility and cardiovascular disease: theoretical and empirical bases for an interpersonal approach-avoidance conflict perspective / R.S. Jorgensen, R. Thibodeau -- Ch. 13. In sickness and in health: interpersonal risk and resilience in cardiovascular disease / J.M. Ruiz et al. -- Ch. 14. Psychological stress in women: the Stockholm Female Coronary Risk Study / K. Orth-Gomèr -- Ch. 15. Application of neural networks and other artificial adaptive systems in prediction and data mining of risk psychological profile for CHD / E. Grossi, A. Compare -- Ch. 16. Person measurement and rehabilitation outcome: the new perspective of Rasch analysis / L. Tesio -- Interlude. The "heart" of cardiology: an imaginary conversation with Bernard Lown / E. Molinari -- Pt. II. Psychological treatment in cardiac rehabilitation. Ch. 17. The art of listening to cardiac patient and his family: the meanings of suffering along temporal dimension / A. Compare, M. Simioni -- Ch. 18. Interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in patients with coronary heart disease / D. Koszycki -- Ch. 19. Hanging onto a heartbeat: emotionally focused therapy for couples dealing with the trauma of coronary heart disease / H.B. MacIntosh, S.M. Johnson, A. Lee -- Ch. 20. Type A behavior pattern and its treatment / A.T. Möller -- Ch. 21. Relaxation techniques and hypnosis in the treatment of CHD patients / L. Bellardita, M. Cigada, E. Molinari -- Ch. 22. Cardiological and psychological mobile care through telematic technologies for heart failure patients: ICAROS Project / A. Compare et al. -- Ch. 23. Functioning and disability in patients with cardiovascular disease within the ICF classification framework: proposals for using ICF to classify functioning and disability in patients with cardiovascular disease / M. Leonardi, A. Raggi -- Ch. 24. Coherence-building techniques and heart rhythm coherence feedback: new tools for stress reduction, disease prevention and rehabilitation / R. McCraty, D. Tomasino.
- CMR and MDCT in cardiac masses 2011, Springer
- Collateral circulation of the heart 2009, Springer
- Color atlas of congenital heart surgery. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerAnomalous systemic venous return -- Secundum atrial septal defect -- Tricuspid valve anomalies -- Endocardial cushion defects -- Ventricular septal defects -- Fontan operation -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Pulmonary atresia and intact ventricular septum -- Tetralogy of fallot -- Double outlet ventricles -- Pulmonary atresia with ventricular septal defect -- Pulmonary venous anomalies -- Left atrial obstructive lesions -- Valvular stenosis -- d-Transposition of the great arteries -- l-Transposition of the great arteries -- Truncus arteriosus -- Aortic root anomalies -- Interrupted aortic arch -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Vascular ring and vascular sling -- Miscellaneous.
- Color atlas of infective endocarditis 2006, Springer
- Combination therapy in hypertension 2011, SpringerFor over 30 years, the stepped care approach has been used in the management and treatment of hypertension. This approach advocates the use of initial monotherapy to reach the desired blood pressure, and the subsequent use of additional drugs with complementary modes of action, until the target BP is achieved. However, current control rates for hypertension suggest that such an approach may be outdated and no longer effective in the management of hypertension. Clinical trials have shown that more than 50% of patients require a combination of drug therapies to achieve their target BP. Some proponents of combination therapy have argued that the risk of adverse side effects and non-compliance will be lower than that compared to monotherapy, which initially requires higher doses to be administered to be effective. Consequently, there have been increasing calls of the necessity for a much more combined approach in the treatment of hypertension. Adding to this, Combination Therapy in Hypertension will cover current control rates of blood pressure worldwide, the benefits of monotherapy and combination therapy, examine the effectiveness, risk of adverse effects, compliance, and cost of the available therapies and will also include information on relevant outcome studies.
- Complications of percutaneous coronary interventions 2005, SpringerIntroduction / Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of the Medications / Paul E. Nolan and Toby C. Trujillo -- Groin Complications / Raghunandan Kamineni and Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of Plain Old Balloon Angioplasty / David P. Lee -- Coronary Guidewire Complications / Antonio J. Chamoun and Barry F. Uretsky -- Complications Related to Coronary Stenting / Samuel M. Butman -- Complications of Atherectomy Devices / Gurpreet Baweja, Ashish Pershad, Richard R. Heuser and Samuel M. Butman -- The No-Reflow Phenomenon / H. M. Omar Farouque and David P. Lee -- Early versus Late Complications / Albert W. Chan and Christopher J. White -- Complications of Radiation Exposure and Therapy / William L. Ballard -- Complications of Closure Devices / Raghunandan Kamineni and Samuel M. Butman -- Legal Complications of Percutaneous Coronary Procedures / Peter Akmajian -- Cardiac Arrest and Resuscitation During Percutaneous Coronary Interventions / Karl B. Kern and Hoang M. Thai -- Adverse Event Reporting: Physicians, Manufacturers, and the Food and Drug Administration / Eva B. Manus.
- Comprehensive electrocardiology.. 2nd ed. / 2011, Springer
- Comprehensive lipid testing and management 2011, SpringerPart One.Lipid testing --Atherosclerosis and clinical atherosclerosis --From cholesterol to lipoproteins and apolipoproteins --Lipid testing --Lipid profiles --Lipid testing and prediction of coronary heart disease --Lipid risk factors in prediction of coronary heart disease - is any one factor best? --Part Two.Lipid management --Goals of lipid management --Cholesterol lowering and prevention of CHD --Cholesterol goals in current guidelines --Lipid management in clinical practice --Drugs for lipid management --Diabetic dyslipidaemia --LDL apheresis --Lipid-modifying agents under development.
- Computing the electrical activity in the heart 2006, Springer
- Congenital diseases in the right heart 2009, Springer
- Congenital heart defects, decision making for cardiac surgery. Vol. 3, CT-scan and MRI 2009, SpringerIntroduction to CT scan and MRI; Anomalous systemic venous connections; Anomalous pulmonary venous connections; Atrial septal defect; Unroofed coronary sinus; Atrioventricular septal defect; Ventricular septal defect; Tetralogy of Fallot; Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve; Pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum; Ebstein's anomaly; Patent ductus arteriosus; Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction; Aortic coarctation; Aortic arch interruption; Complete transposition of the great arteries; Hypoplastic left heart syndrome; Cor triatriatrum; Tricuspid atresia.
- Congenital heart disease 2009, Springer
- Congenital heart disease. Molecular diagnostics 2006, Springer ProtocolsGenetics of cardiac septation defects and their pre-implantation diagnosis / Deborah A. McDermott, Craig T. Basson, and Cathy J. Hatcher -- Molecular and genetic aspects of DiGeorge/velocardiofacial syndrome / Deborah A. Driscoll -- Mutation screening for the genes causing cardiac arrhythmias / Jeffrey A. Towbin -- Mutation analysis of the FBN1 gene in patients with Marfan syndrome / Paul Coucke, Petra Van Acker, and Anne De Paepe -- Mutation analysis of PTPN11 in Noonan syndrome by WAVE / Navaratnam Elanko and Steve Jeffery -- Williams-Beuren syndrome diagnosis using fluorescence in situ hybridization / Lucy R. Osborne, Ann M. Joseph-George, and Stephen W. Scherer -- Congenital heart disease: molecular diagnostics of supravalvular aortic stenosis / May Tassabehji and Zsolt Urban -- "Chip"ping away at heart failure / J. David Barrans and Choong-Chin Liew --Molecular diagnostics of catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia using denaturing high-perfomance liquid chromatography and sequencing / Alex V. Postma, Zahurul A. Bhuiyan, and Hennie Bikker -- Mutation detection in tumor suppressor genes using archival tissue specimens / Aristotelis Astrinidis and Elizabeth Petri Henske -- Friedreich ataxia: detection of GAA repeat expansions and frataxin point mutations / Massimo Pandolfo -- The cardiovascular manifestations of Alagille syndrome and JAG1 mutations / Elizabeth Goldmuntz, Elizabeth Moore, and Nancy B. Spinner -- Array analysis applied to malformed hearts: molecular dissection of tetralogy of Fallot / Silke Sperling -- DNA mutation analysis in heterotaxy / Stephanie M. Ware -- Use of denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography to detect mutations in pediatric cardiomyopathies / Amy J. Sehnert.
- Congestive heart failure. 3rd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Copenhagen City Heart Study 2001, HighWire
- Coronary artery CTA 2009, Springer
- Coronary artery disease 2012, Springer1. Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Disease and Refractory Angina / Shahar Lavi, David E. Kandzari, and Gregory W. Barsness -- 2. Basic Science Concepts / Brendan Doyle and Noel Caplice -- 3. Coronary Artery Disease: Development and Progression / Joerg Herrmann and Amir Lerman -- 4. Therapeutic Goals in Patients with Refractory Angina / Mauricio G. Cohen and E. Magnus Ohman -- 5. Medical Therapy for Chronic Refractory Angina / Gregory W. Barsness, Thomas J. Kiernan, and David R. Holmes Jr. -- 6. EECP / A. Bart -- 7. Therapeutic Angiogenesis / Timothy D. Henry and Daniel Satran -- 8. Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization / Jignesh S. Shah, Joanna J. Wykrzykowska, and Roger J. Laham -- 9. Invasive and Device Management of Refractory Angina / E. Marc Jolicoeur, Gregory W. Barsness, and Martial G. Bourassa -- 10. Cardiac Transplantation for Ischemic Heart Disease / Robroy H. Mac Iver, Edwin C. McGee Jr., and Patrick M. McCarthy -- 11. Alternative Therapies for Chronic Refractory Coronary Artery Disease / Brent A. Bauer -- 12. Nonspecific Placebo Effects / Piero O. Bonetti -- 13. Prognostic Implications of Depression in Ischemic Syndromes / Karen E. Joynt and Christopher M. O'Connor -- 14. Secondary Prevention Strategies / Romero Corral Abel, Lopez Jimenez Francisco, Josef Korinek, Virend Somers, and Thomas E. Kottke.
- Coronary CT angiography 2009, Springer
- Coronary heart disease 2012, Springer1. Anatomy of Coronary Vessels / Zeev Vlodaver and John R. Lesser -- 2. Cardiac Development and Congenital Heart Disease / Jamie L. Lohr, Cindy M. Martin, and Daniel J. Garry -- 3. Echocardiographic Evaluation of Ischemic Heart Disease / Richard W. Asinger, Fouad A. Bachour, and Gautam R. Shroff -- 4. Nuclear Imaging in Ischemic Heart Disease / Sharmila Dorbala and Marcelo F. Di Carli -- 5. Noninvasive Coronary Artery Imaging with CT and MRI / Marc C. Newell, Robert S. Schwartz, and John R. Lesser -- 6. Catheter-Based Coronary Angiography / Robert F. Wilson and Zeev Vlodaver -- 7. Coronary Artery Anomalies / Thomas Knickelbine, Michael Bolooki, and Zeev Vlodaver 8. Pathology of Chronic Obstructive Coronary Disease / Zeev Vlodaver -- 9. Vulnerable Plaque / Masataka Nakano, Frank D. Kolodgie, Fumiyuki Otsuka, Saami K. Yazdani, Elena R. Ladich, and Renu Virmani -- 10. Genetics and Coronary Heart Disease / Jennifer L. Hall, Ryan J. Palacio, and Eric M. Meslin -- 11. Endothelium Biology / Michael Sean McMurtry and Evangelos D. Michelakis 12. Stem Cells and Atherosclerosis / Jay H. Traverse -- 13. Induced Pluripotential Stem Cells and the Prospects for Cardiac Cell Therapy / Jonathan M.W. Slack and James R. Dutton -- 14. Regulation of Vasculogenesis and Angiogenesis / Rita C.R. Perlingeiro -- 15. Chronic Stable Angina / Santiago Garcia and Edward O. McFalls -- 16. Pathology of Sudden Death in Coronary Arterial Diseases / Shannon M. Mackey-Bojack, Emily R. Duncanson, and Susan J. Roe -- 17. Acute Coronary Syndromes / Robert F. Wilson -- 18. Complications of Acute Myocardial Infarction / Zeev Vlodaver and Robert F. Wilson -- 19. Healed Myocardial Infarction / Gary S. Francis and Daniel J. Garry -- 20. Nonatherosclerotic Ischemic Heart Disease / Uma S. Valeti, Robert F. Wilson, and Zeev Vlodaver 21. Transcatheter Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease / Robert F. Wilson -- 22. Surgical Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease / Kenneth Liao -- 23. Noncoronary Surgical Therapy for Ischemic Heart Disease / Christopher B. Komanapalli, Balaji Krishnan, and Ranjit John -- 24. Refractory Angina / Mohammad Sarraf, Daniel J. Hellrung, and Timothy D. Henry -- 25. Acute Catheter-Based Mechanical Circulatory Support / Gladwin S. Das, Ganesh Raveendran, and Jason C. Schultz -- 26. Surgical Mechanical Circulatory Support / Forum Kamdar and Ranjit John -- 27. Diabetes and Coronary Heart Disease / Graham T. McMahon -- 28. Cardiovascular Disease in Women / Margo Tolins-Mejia -- 29. Prevention of Coronary Artery Disease / Daniel Duprez -- 30. Innovations in Twenty-First Century Cardiovascular Medicine / Mary G. Garry, Joseph M. Metzger, Xiaozhong Shi, and Daniel J. Garry.
- Coronary heart disease in clinical practice 2005, SpringerHealthy Living, p. 1-24 -- Lipids, p. 25-47 -- Diabetes Mellitus, p. 48-67 -- Hypertension, p. 68-91 -- Cardiac Investigations, p. 92-106 -- Coronary Artery Disease, p. 107-150 -- Chronic Stable Angina, p. 151-166 -- Acute Coronary Syndrome, p. 167-198 -- Heart Failure, p. 199-207 -- Arrhythmias, p. 208-212.
- Coronary magnetic resonance angiography 2002, Springer
- Coronary microvascular dysfunction 2014, SpringerIn the past two decades a number of studies have shown that abnormalities in the function and structure of coronary microcirculation can be detected in several cardiovascular diseases. On the basis of the clinical setting in which it occurs, coronary microvascular dysfunction (CMD) can be classified into four types: CMD in the absence of any other cardiac disease; CMD in myocardial diseases; CMD in obstructive epicardial coronary artery disease; and iatrogenic CMD. In some instances CMD represents an epiphenomenon, whereas in others it represents an important marker of risk or may contribute to the pathogenesis of myocardial ischemia, becoming a possible therapeutic target. This book provides an update on coronary physiology and a systematic assessment of microvascular abnormalities in cardiovascular diseases, in the hope that it will assist clinicians in prevention, detection, and management of CMD in their everyday activity.
- Coronary radiology. 2nd rev. ed. 2009, SpringerCoronary Anatomy / Gonda J. de Jonge, Peter M. A. van Ooijen, Jean-Louis Sablayrolles, Guido Ligabue and Felix Zijlstra -- Invasive Coronary Imaging / Michael R. Rees, Felix Zijlstra, Johan H. C. Reiber, Joan C. Tuinenburg and Gerhard Koning, et al. -- Non-Invasive Coronary Imaging / Thomas G. Flohr, Bernd Ohnesorge, Robert R. Edelman, Debiao Li and Hatem Alkadhi, et al. -- Non-Invasive Measurement of Coronary Atherosclerosis / Wilfred F. A. den Dunnen, Albert J. H. Suurmeijer, Rozemarijn Vliegenthart Proença, Christopher Herzog and Jaap M. Groen, et al. -- Multi-Dimensional Computed Cardiac Visualization / Peter M. A. van Ooijen, Wisnu Kristanto, Gonda J. de Jonge, Caroline Kuehnel and Anja Hennemuth, et al.
- Coronary vasculature 2013, SpringerGeneral concepts of blood vessel formation and remodeling -- Prenatal coronary Morphogenesis -- Postnatal coronary morphogenesis and growth -- Sturcture function of the coronary hierarchy -- Historical perspectives -- Coronary anomalies -- Aging -- Adaptations to exercise training -- Hypoxia -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction -- Cardiac hypertrophy -- Therapy for the coronary circulation.
- Critical care of children with heart disease 2010, SpringerTransition from the fetal to the neonatal circulation -- Triage and transport of infants and children with cardiac disease -- Airway control, mechanical ventilation, and respiratory care -- Heart-lung interactions -- Cardiac catheterization -- Echocardiography -- Cardiac anesthesia -- A pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic review -- Sedation and analgesia -- Monitoring of the cardiac patient -- The effects of cardiopulmonary bypass following pediatric cardiac surgery -- Nursing care of the pediatric cardiac patient -- Cardiac database and risk factor assessment. Outcomes analysis for congenital cardiac disease -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Atrial septal defects -- Ventricular septal defects -- Complete atrioventricular septal defects -- Aortopulmonary window -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve -- Tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia -- Pulmonary atresia with intact interventricular septum -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Interrupted aortic arch -- Mitral valve anomalies and related disorders -- Mitral stenosis -- Prosthetic valves -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Single ventricle. General aspects -- Anomalous pulmonary veins -- Dextro-transposition fo the great arteries -- Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries (ccTGA) or Levo-transposition of the great arteries (l-TGA) -- Truncus arteriosus -- Double outlet right ventricle -- Ebstein's disease -- Anomalous coronary arteries -- Aortic valve regurgitation -- Vascular rings and pulmonary sling -- Takayasu arteritis -- Aortic dissection -- Tracheal resection -- Acute pulmonary hypertension -- Chronic pulmonary hypertension -- Acute myocarditis and cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial diseases -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiac failure -- Shock in the cardiac patient: a brief overview -- Mechanical circulatory support in pediatric cardiac surgery -- Heart transplantation -- Arrhythmias in the intensive care unit -- Pacemakers (temporary and permanent), implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and cardiac resynchronization therapy --Discontinuation of life: ethical and legal issues -- Respiratory complications: acute respiratory distress syndrome, chylothorax, diaphragmatic palsy, and functional and respiratory physiotherapy -- Gastrointestinal complications: necrotizing enterocolitis, malrotation, and protein losing enteropathy -- Malnutrition and feeding difficulties: guidelines for enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Hematological aspects: anticoagulation, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, plasma exchange -- Renal failure and replacement therapy -- Neurological complications: intracranial bleeding, stroke and seizures -- Infections in the cardiac intensive care unit -- Skin protection.
- Goals, design, and implementation of critical pathways in cardiovascular medicine /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick O'Gara --Part I. --Prehospital critical pathways --Prehospital fibrinolysis /Freek W.A. Verheught --Regional transfer programs for primary PCI /David M. Larson and Timothy D. Henry --Public access defibrillation /Joseph P. Ornato --Part II. --Critical pathways in the emergency department --Non-ST elevation ACS in the emergency department /Richard J. Ryan, Christopher P. Cannon, and W. Brian Gibler --Thrombolysis for ST-elevation mi in the emergency department /Joshua M. Kosowsky --Heart failure in the emergency department /W. Frank Peacock --Atrial fibrillation in the emergency department /Ray Bahr --Stroke and TIA /Lee Schwamm --The Role of exercise testing in chest pain units: evolution, application, results /Ezra A. Amsterdam, Deborah B. Diercks, and Samuel D. Turnipseed --Part III --Critical pathways in the hospital --Critical pathway for non-ST elevation ACS /Christopher P. Cannon and Patrick T. O'Gara --Primary PCI /Amr E. Abbas and Cindy L. Grines --Primary PCI at community hospitals without on-site cardiac surgery /Nancy Sinclair and Thomas P. Wharton, Jr. --Approach to the patient with complicated myocardial infarction /Richard C. Becker --Cardiac catheterization and percuraneous coronary intervention /Jeffrey J. Popma --Pathways for coronary artery bypass surgery /Rashid M. Ahmad, Frances Wadlington, Tiffany Street, James P. Greelish, Jorge M. Balaguer, and John G. Byrne --Acute aortic syndromes /Piotr Sobieszcyk and Patrick O'Gara --Intensive management of hyperglycemia in ACS /Vera T. Fajtova --Management of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter /Eyal Herzog and Jonathan S. Steinberg --Heart failure /Greg Fonarow --Device therapy in patients with heart failure /Peter J. Zimetbaum and Eli V. Gelfand --Venous thromboembolism /Samuel Z. Goldhaber --Part IV. --Critical pathways in the outpatient setting /--Hyperlipidemia /Frederick F. Samaha and Daniel J. Rader --Diabetes and metabolic syndrome /Emily Deborah Szmuilowicz and Merri Pendergrass --Hypertension /Michael A. Weber --Smoking cessation /Beth C. Bock --Secondary prevention overview /Sidney Smith --Overview of the AHA "get with the guidelines" programs /Yuling Hong, Kenneth A. LaBresh --Cardiac rehabilitation in the post myocardial infarction patient /Daniel E. Forman.
- Cryoablation of cardiac arrhythmias 2011, ScienceDirectHistory of cardiac cryosurgery and cryoablation / Daniel L. Lustgarten -- Mechanisms of cryoablation / Kristi K. Snyder ... [et al.] -- Factors that determinine cryolesion formation and cryolesion characteristics / Audrius J. Bredikis and David J. Wilber -- Canine model of esophageal injury during atrial fibrillation ablation : comparison of cryothermal, radiofrequency, and ultrasound ablation injury / Hiroshi Nakagawa ... [et al.] -- Cryoablation effects on pulmonary veins in experimental settings / Mauricio Arruda ... [et al.] -- Cryoablation effects on coronary arteries and veins / Audrius J. Bredikis -- Medtronic cryocath technology / Jeffrey Silver ... [et al.] -- Boston scientific technology / Victoria Carr-Brendel and Joann Heberer -- Evolving concepts : near-critical cooling-based technologies / Peter J. Littrup and Alex Babkin -- Reversible effects of cryoablation and atrioventricular node modification / Frédéric Franceschi, Marc Dubuc, and Paul Khairy -- AVNRT cryoablation and comparison with RF ablation / Luc Jordaens ... [et al.] -- Cryoablation of septal accessory pathways / Felipe Atienza and Jesus Almendral -- Cryoablation of atrial flutter / Peter S. Andrew and Annibale S. Montenero -- Focal cryoablation of atrial fibrillation / Chung-Wah Siu and Hung-Fat Tse -- Balloon-based cryoablation of atrial fibrillation / Thomas Neumann and Malte Kuniss -- Cryocatheter ablation of ventricular tachycardia / Heinz T. Pitschner and Damir Erkapic -- Role of cryoablation for superior vena cava isolation and ablation of inappropriate sinus tachycardia / John Roshan ... [et al.] -- Cryoablation in pediatrics / Bryan Canon -- Endocardial cryoablation of atrial fibrillation / Fiorenzo Gaita ... [et al.] -- Cryosurgery for ventricular tachycardia / Jean-Marc Frapier ... [et al.].
- CT atlas of adult congenital heart disease 2013, SpringerPart I. Cardiac embryology and the normal heart -- Cardiac embryology -- The normal heart -- Normal anatomic variants and imaging artifacts mimicking pathology -- Part II. Basic nomenclature and approach to evaluating congenital heart disease imaging -- Basic nomenclature in adult congenital heart disease -- Segmental, sequential approach to CT interpretation in adult congenital heart disease -- Part III. CT imaging techniques in adult congenital heart disease -- Part IV. Congenital dysplasias and cardiomyopathies -- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia -- Uhl anomaly -- Left ventricular noncompaction (LVNC) -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Part V. Anomalies with normal chamber and valve sequence and position -- Septal defects -- Atrioventricular valve abnormalities -- Left venntricular outflow tract abnormalities -- Right ventricular outflow tract obstruction -- Arterial anomalies -- Coronaryu artery anomalies -- Congenital venous anomalies -- Part VI. Anomalies with abnormal chamber sequence or relationship -- Abnormal relationship between the atria and ventricles -- Abnormal relationship between ventricles and great vessels -- Heterotaxy syndrome -- Part VII. Palliative and corrective procedures in adult congenital heart disease -- Percutaneous closures -- Aortopulmonary shunts: Blalock-Taussig, Potts, Waterston -- Atrial baffles for the treatment of transposition of the great artaeries (Mustard, Senning) -- Arterial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries -- Systemic vein to pulmonary artery shunts: Glenn, Fontan, and Kawashima procedures -- Rastelli procedure -- Damus-Kaye-Stansel procedure -- Double-switch procedure -- Ross procedure -- Norwood procedures and Sano modification -- Aortic coarctation repairs -- Part VIII. Congenital pericardial abnormmalites -- Congenital absence of the pericardium.
- CT evaluation of coronary artery disease 2009, Springer
- CT of the heart 2005, SpringerCT of the heart: past, present, and future / William Stanford -- Electron beam CT of the heart / David G. Hill -- Scan techniques for cardiac and coronary artery imaging with multislice CT / Bernd M. Ohnesorge, Brian R. Westerman and U. Joseph Schoepf -- Image reconstruction for ECG-triggered and ECG-gated multi-slice CT / Thomas Flohr and Tinsu Pan -- Phase-correlated image reconstruction without ECG / Marc Kachelriess and Willi A. Kalender -- Radiation dose from CT of the heart / Cynthia H. McCollough -- Coronary calcium screening: an epidemiologic perspective / Christopher J. O'Donnell and Udo Hoffmann -- Coronary calcium scanning: why we should perform it / Axel Schmermund, Stefan Möhlenkamp and Raimund Erbel -- Detection and quantification of coronary calcium with electron beam CT -- Axel Schmermund, Stefan Möhlenkamp and Raimund Erbel -- Detection and quantification of coronary calcium with dual slice CT / Joseph Shemesh --Detection and quantification of calcified coronary plaque with multidetector-row CT / J. Jeffrey Carr -- Coronary calcium scoring with multidetector-row CT: rationale and scoring techniques / Roman Fischbach and David Maintz -- Noninvasive quantification of coronary calcium: quantification methods, scanner types, scan protocols, accuracy, and reproducibility / Stefan Ulzheimer, Kaiss Shanneik and Willi A. Kalender -- CT of the pericardium / Reinhard Groell -- Multidetector-row CT for assessment of cardiac valves / Jürgen K. Willmann and Dominik Weishaupt -- Multislice CT of the heart and great vessels in congenital heart disease patients / Jean-François Paul -- Imaging of cardiac and paracardiac masses and pseudotumors / Bernd J. Wintersperger -- Multidetector-row CT assessment of left-ventricular function / Kai Uwe Juergens and Roman Fischbach -- Imaging intramyocardial microcirculatory function using fast computed tomography / Stefan Möhlenkamp ... [et al.] --Approaches for assessing myocardial viability with multidetector-row CT / Yasushi Koyama and Teruhito Mochizuki -- Anatomy of the coronary arteries and veins in CT imaging / Robert J.M. van Geuns and Filipo Cademartiri -- Techniques and protocols for acquisition and display of contrast-enhanced CT coronary angiography / Christoph R. Becker -- Contrast material injection techniques for CT angiography of the coronary arteries / Filippo Cademartiri and Koen Nieman -- Visualization techniques for contrast-enhanced CT angiography of coronary arteries / Jean-Louis Sablayrolles and Pascal Giat -- CT angiography for assessment of coronary artery anomalies / Steffen C. Froehner ... [et al.] -- Multidetector-row CT for assessment of Kawasaki's disease / Toru Sakuma and Kunihiko Fukuda -- Multidectector-row CT of the coronary arteries for planning of minimally invasive bypass surgery / Christopher Herzog, Selami Dogan and Thomas J. Vogl --CT angiography for assessment of coronary bypass grafts / Marcello De Santis -- Contrast-enhanced electron beam CT and multidetector-row CT in the evaluation of coronary stent patency / Heiko Pump ... [et al.] -- CT angiography for the detection of coronary artery stenosis / Koen Nieman and Filippo Cademartiri -- Complementary use of coronary calcium scoring and CT angiography / Alexander W. Leber -- CT vs magnetic resonance for imaging of the coronary arteries / Armin Huber -- Pathology and pathophysiology of coronary atherosclerotic plaques / Renu Virmani ... [et al.] -- Pathogenesis of the vulnerable atherosclerotic plaque / Masanori Aikawa -- Multidetector-row CT imaging of clinical and preclinical coronary atherosclerosis / Christoph R. Becker -- Multidetector-row CT vs intravascular ultrasound for coronary plaque characterization / Axel Kuettner -- Multidetector-Row CT vs magnetic resonance imaging for coronary plaque characterization / Konstantin Nikolaou, Christoph R. Becker, and Zahi Fayad -- Multidetector-row CT for detection of noncalcified and calcified coronary lesions: clinical significance / Stephen Schroeder.
- Current diagnosis & treatment in cardiology 2009 (3rd ed.)-2014 (4th ed.), AccessMedicine2014 (4th ed.) AccessMedicine
- Current news in cardiology 2007, Springer
- Dawn and evolution of cardiac procedures 2013, SpringerPart 1.Research on Cardiac Surgery and Right Cardiac Catheterization before the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass --1.The Discovery of Blood Circulation /Yves Glock --2.The History of Surgical Research /Marco Picichè --3.The Ignored Birth of Cardiac Surgery: The History of the Surgical Treatment of Heart Wounds and Pericardial Effusions /Vladimir Saplacan, Fabio Cuttone and Massimo Massetti --4.The History of Pulmonary Embolectomy Before the Advent of CPB /Marco Vola and Jean-Francois Fuzellier --5.Right Cardiac Catheterization Before the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Achille Gaspardone and Giulio G. Stefanini --6.The History of Mitral and Tricuspid Valve Surgery Before the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Luigi Chiariello, Paolo Nardi and Giovanni Alfonso Chiariello --7.Surgery of the Aortic Valve Before the Era of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Y. Glock --8.The History of Myocardial Revascularization Before the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Marco Picichè --9.The History of Experimental Heterotopic and Orthotopic Heart Transplantation Before Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Tyson A. Fricke and Igor E. Konstantinov --10.The History of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Before the Introduction of Extracorporeal Circulation /Alessandro Frigiola --Part 2.Research on the Cardiopulmonary Bypass Machine --11.On the Path to Cardiopulmonary Bypass: From Le Gallois' Experiments to Brukhonenko's Machine /Matthew S. Yong, Stephen B. Horton and Igor E. Konstantinov --12.Research on Cardiopulmonary Bypass in North America /Manon Caouette --13.From Research on Hibernation and Hypothermia to Recent Advances in Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Isabelle Plamondon and Edoardo Gasparotto --14.Cardiac Anaesthesia /Fabio Guarracino and Rubia Baldassarri -- Part 3.Research on Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery after the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass --15.The History of Research on Coronary Angiography and Coronary Angioplasty /Luigi La Vecchia --16.Right Cardiac Catheterization After the Advent of Cpb /Achille Gaspardone and Giuilo G. Stefanini --17.The History of Research on Coronary Stenting /Fabrizio Tomai and Leonardo De Luca --18.The History of Percutaneous Valvuloplasty /Alessandro Fontanelli --19.Percutaneous Closure of Atrial and Ventricular Septal Defects /Achille Gaspardone and Giulio G. Stefanini --20.Evolution of Homografts and Prosthetic Heart Valves /Marco Picichè --21.The History of Research on Mitral, Tricuspid, and Aortic Valve Repair After the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Ruggero De Paulis, Andrea Salica, Raffaele Scaffa and Luca Weltert --22.History of Research on Myocardial Protection /Victor S. Costache, Cristian Martu, Nicolas Chavanis, Jean Philippe Frieh and Serban Stoica --23.Supra-Diaphragmatic Aortic Surgery: Evolution of Material, Techniques and Brain Protection /François Dagenais --24.Surgical Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation /Gino Gerosa, Carlo Dal Lin and Vincenzo Tarzia --25.Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation /Alessio Marinelli and Domenico Corrado --26.The History of Cardiac Pacemakers and Defibrillators /Serge Boveda, Stéphane Garrigue and Philippe Ritter --27.The History of Surgery for Ischemic Heart Disease and Mechanical Complications of Myocardial Infarction After the Advent of CPB /Roland G. Demaria and Mohammed Al Yamani --28.Progress and Milestones in the Treatment of Deep Sternal Wound Infections /Richard Baillot and Daniel Cloutier --29.Engineering for IABP and ECMO /Roberto Lorusso, Attilio Renzulli and Sandro Gelsomino --30.The History of Research on Ventricular Assist Devices and Total Artificial Heart /Luc M. Jacquet --31.The History of Research on Adult and Paediatric Heart Transplantation /Johann U. Brink and Yves d'Udekem --32.The History of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery After the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Jean E. Rubay --33.Minimally Invasive and Robotic Cardiac Surgery /Loris Salvador --34.The History of Research on Percutaneous, Transapical, and Sutureless Aortic Valve Replacement /Thierry Aymard and Thierry Carrel. --35.Erratum to: The History of Research on Percutaneous, Transapical, and Sutureless Aortic Valve Replacement /Thierry Aymard and Thierry Carrel.
- Device therapy in heart failure 2010, SpringerPathophysiology of heart failure / M. Velez and N.K. Sweitzer -- Medical therapy for heart failure / N.K. Lakdawala and A. Desai -- Device trials in chronic heart failure: Implications of trial design / W.K. Laskey and R. Manring-Day -- The FDA perspective on heart failure devices / M.G. Hillebrenner ... [et al.] -- Hemodynamic monitoring in heart failure / A. Nohria and A. Bhatt -- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators / R. Lampert and Z. Goldberger -- Cardiac resynchronization therapy / D. Frisch and P.J. Zimetbaum -- Pacing and defibrillation for atrial arrhythmias / J.M. Cooper -- Atrial fibrillation ablation / J.V. Wylie and M.E. Josephson -- Percutaneous treatment of coronary artery disease / R.J. Laham -- Percutaneous management of peripheral arterial disease / M.A. Sheikh and L.A. Garcia -- Percutaneous management of valvular heart disease / J.J. Wykrzykowska and J.P. Carrozza -- Ventricular assist devices and total artificial hearts / A. Blitz and J.C. Fang -- Device therapy for left ventricular dysfunction / C.W. Yancy.
- Devices for cardiac resynchronization 2008, SpringerIndications and implantation for cardiac resynchronization therapy -- Do the official guidelines for cardiac resynchronization therapy need to be changed? -- Alternative techniques for left ventricular lead placement -- Importance of the right ventricular pacing site in cardiac resynchronization -- Alternative means of achieving cardiac resynchronization -- CRT-pacing only versus CRT-defibrillator -- Upgrading conventional pacemakers to CRT: indications and technical considerations -- Cardiac resynchronization for heart failure -- Update of cardiac resynchronization trials -- Cardiac resynchronization for heart failure: do we need more trials? -- Should cardiac resynchronization be considered for the prevention of heart failure? -- Left bundle branch block-induced cardiomyopathy: a new concept of mechanically induced cardiomyopathy -- Role of echocardiography before CRT implantation: can we predict nonresponders? -- Role of echocardiography after implantation of a cardiac resynchronization system -- Advances in technology -- Recent advances in the technology of cardiac resynchronization therapy -- Advances in left ventricular pacing leads -- New pacing algorithms and functions in CRT devices -- Significance of latency during left ventricular pacing for cardiac resynchronization therapy -- Programmability of the interventricular interval during cardiac resynchronization therapy -- Hemodynamic sensors in heart failure devices -- Assessment of single-shock defibrillation testing of biventricular ICDs -- Follow-up -- How to program CRT devices -- Programming and follow-up of CRT and CRTD devices -- Standard electrocardiogram during cardiac resynchronization -- Cardiac arrhythmias after cardiac resynchronization -- Advances in CRT device diagnostics -- Complex issues in the follow-up of CRT devices -- Recurrent heart failure and appropriate evaluation after cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer1. Effects of insulin on the vascular system / Helmut O. Steinberg -- 2. Effects of diabetes and insulin resistance on endothelial functions / Zhiheng He, Keiko Naruse, and George L. King -- 3. Diabetes and advanced glycoxidation end-products / Melpomeni Peppa, Jaime Uribarri, and Helen Vlassara -- 4. The renin-angiotensin system in diabetic cardiovascular complications / Edward P. Feener -- 5. PPARs and their emerging role in vascular biology, inflammation, and atherosclerosis / Jorge Plutzky -- 6. Diabetes and thrombosis / David J. Schneider and Burton E. sobel -- 7. Role of estrogens in vascular disease in diabetes: lessons learned from the polycystic ovary syndrome / Agathocles Tsatsoulis and Panayiotic Economides -- 8. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activation and nitrosative stress in the development of cardiovascular disease in diabetes / Pál Pacher and Csaba Szabó -- 9. Adiponectin and the cardiovascular system / Suketu Shah, Alina Gavrila, and Christos S. Mantzoros --10. Nitric oxide and its role in diabetes mellitus / Michael T. Johnstone and Eli Gelfand -- 11. Diabetes and atherosclerosis / Maria F. Lopes-Virella and Gabriel Virella -- 12. The use of animal models to study diabetes and atherosclerosis and potential anti-atherosclerotic therapies / Peter D. Reaven and Wulf Palinski -- 13. The metabolic syndrome and vascular disease / S.J. Creely, Aresh J. Anwar, and Sudhesh Kumar -- 14. Diabetes and hypertension / Samy I. McFarlane ... [et al.] -- 15. Diabetes and dyslipidemia / Asha Thomas-Geevarghese, Catherine Tuck, and Henry N. Ginsberg -- 16. Diabetic retinopathy / Lloyd Paul Aiello and Jerry Cavallerano -- 17. Diabetic nephropathy / Richard J. Solomon and Bijan Roshan -- 18. Diabetic neuropathy / Rayaz A. Malik and Aristidis Veves -- 19. Microcirculation of the diabetic foot / Chantel Hile and Aristidis Veves -- 20. Epidemiology of peripheral vascular disease / Stephanie G. Wheeler, Nicholas L. Smith, and Edward J. Boyko -- 21. Noninvasive methods in assess vascular function and pathophysiology / Peter G. Danias and Rola Saouaf --22. Peripheral vascular disease in patients with diabetes mellitus / Bernadette Aulivola, Allen D. Hamdan, and Frank W. LoGerfo -- 23. Therapeutic interventions to improve endothelial function in diabetes / Lalita Khaodhiar and Aristidis Veves -- 24. Preoperative assessment and perioperative management of the surgical patient with diabetes mellitus / Alanna Coolong and Mylan C. Cohen -- 25. Diabetes and percutaneous interventional therapy / David P. Oorenz, Joseph P. Carrozza, and Lawrence Garcia -- 26. Cardiac surgery and diabetes mellitus / Tanveer A. Khan, Pierre Voisine, and Frank W. Sellke -- 27. Heart failure and cardiac dysfunction in diabetes / Lawrence H. Young, Raymond R. Russell, III, and Deborah Chyun -- 28. Diabetes mellitus and heart disease / Michael T. Johnstone and George P. Kinzfogl.
- Diabetic cardiomyopathy 2014, SpringerPart I. Metabolic derangements in diabetic cardiomyopathy -- Part II. Cellular mechanisms of diabetic cardiomyopathy -- Part III. Therapeutic aspects of diabetic cardiomyopathy -- Index.
- Diastolic heart failure 2008, Springer
- Diseases of the heart, chest & breast 2007, Springer
- Dyslipidemias in kidney disease 2014, Springer
- ECG diagnosis in clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- ECG in prehospital emergency care 2013, WileySection 1: The ECG in Prehospital Patient Care. Clinical Applications of the Electrocardiogram (ECG) / Robert C Schutt, William J Brady, Steven H Mitchell -- Clinical Impact of the Electrocardiogram (ECG) / Robert C Schutt, William J Brady, Steven H Mitchell -- Interpretation of the Electrocardiogram : Single-, Multi-, and 12-Lead Analysis / Robert C Reiser, Robert C Schutt, William J Brady -- Variants of the Normal, Lead Misplacement, and Electrocardiographic Artifact Encountered in Clinical Practice / Robert C Reiser, Robert C Schutt, William J Brady -- Section 2: Cardiac Rhythms and Cardiac Dysrhythmias. Cardiac Rhythms with Normal Rates / Korin B Hudson, William J Brady -- Narrow QRS Complex Tachycardia / Courtney B Saunders, Jeffrey D Ferguson -- Wide QRS Complex Tachycardia / Michael Levy, Francis X Nolan -- Bradycardia / Korin B Hudson, J Aidan Boswick, William J Brady -- Atrioventricular Conduction Block / Steven H Mitchell, Korin B Hudson, William J Brady -- Intraventricular Conduction Block: Bundle Branch Block and Other Conduction Abnormalities / Steven H Mitchell, Richard B Utarnachitt, William J Brady -- Atrial and Ventricular Ectopic Beats / Jeffrey D Ferguson, Michael Levy, J Aidan Boswick, William J Brady -- Section 3: Acute Coronary Syndrome and the 12-Lead ECG. Ischemic Heart Disease: Anatomic and Physiologic Considerations / Peter Pollak, Peter Monteleone, Kelly Williamson, David Carlberg, William J Brady -- Historical Development of the Prehospital Electrocardiogram (ECG) / Erik Iszkula, David Carlberg, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Findings in Acute Coronary Syndrome / Peter Monteleone, Peter Pollak, David Carlberg, William J Brady -- Section 4: Special Populations, High-Risk Presentation Scenarios, and Advanced Electrocardiographic Techniques. The Electrocardiogram in the Pediatric Patient / Robert Rutherford, Robin Naples, William J Brady -- The Electrocardiogram in the Poisoned Patient / Steven H Mitchell, Christopher P Holstege, William J Brady -- The Electrocardiogram in Hyperkalemia / Steven H Mitchell, William J Brady -- Life-Threatening Electrocardiographic Patterns / Steven H Mitchell, Richard B Utarnachitt, William J Brady -- The Electrocardiogram in Patients with Implanted Devices / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Tools in Prehospital Care / Robin Naples, Alvin Wang, William J Brady -- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome / William J Brady -- Cardiac Arrest Rhythms / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady -- Section 5: Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of Common ECG Presentations. Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of Narrow Complex Tachycardia / Megan Starling, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of Wide Complex Tachycardia / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of Bradyarrhythmia / Megan Starling, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of ST Segment Elevation / Megan Starling, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of ST Segment Depression / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady -- Electrocardiographic Differential Diagnosis of T Wave Abnormalities: The Prominent T Wave and T Wave Inversions / Amita Sudhir, William J Brady.
- ECG manual 2009, Springer
- Echo manual. 3rd ed. 2006, OvidHow to obtain a good echocardiography examination: ultrasound physics, technique, and medical knowledge -- Transthoracic echocardiography: M-mode, two-dimensional, and three-dimensional -- Transesophageal and intracardiac echocardiography / Jae K. Oh ... [et al.] -- Doppler echocardiography and color flow imaging: comprehensive noninvasive hemodynamic assessment -- Tissue doppler imaging, strain imaging, and dyssynchrony assessment / Brian D. Powell ... [et al.] -- Contrast echocardiography -- Assessment of systolic function and quantification of cardiac chambers -- Assessment of diastolic function and diastolic heart failure -- Pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary vein stenosis -- Coronary artery disease and acute myocardial infarction -- Stress echocardiography -- Valvular heart disease -- Prosthetic valve evaluation -- Infective endocarditis -- Cardiomyopathies -- Cardiac diseases due to systemic illness, genetics, medication, or infection -- Pericardial diseases -- Tumors and masses -- Diseases of the aorta -- Echocardiography in congenital heart disease: an overview / Frank Cetta, Jr., James B. Seward, Patrick W. O'Leary -- Intraoperative echocardiography / Roger L. Click, Jae K. Oh -- Vascular imaging and tonometry / A. Rauoof Malik, Iftikhar J. Kullo -- Goal-directed and comprehensive examination.
- Echocardiographic anatomy in the fetus 2008, Springer
- Echocardiography for intensivists 2012, Springer
- Echocardiography in acute coronary syndrome 2009, Springer
- Echocardiography in mitral valve disease 2013, SpringerThis book provides a comprehensive account of the role of echocardiography in patients with mitral valve disease. The normal echocardiographic anatomy of the mitral valve is first presented, and the applications of echocardiography in mitral valve disease are then covered in detail by experts from different subspecialties in cardiology. Topics include etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, assessment of severity, and role of echocardiography in percutaneous and surgical techniques. The highly readable text is supported by a wealth of color images obtained with 3D echocardiography, currently the gold standard for the evaluation of mitral valve disease. The interdisciplinary approach used in describing the diagnostic and therapeutic applications will make this book useful for the clinical cardiologist as well as the echocardiographer. It will allow cardiologists to advance their knowledge in the field and will serve as an excellent updating tool for professionals engaged in echocardiography and cardiac diagnostic imaging.
- ECMO-- extracorporeal life support in adults 2014, SpringerExtracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) has been in clinical use for some 40 years, but it is only in the past decade that its application in the treatment of life-threatening circulatory and respiratory failure has truly flourished. This book presents a comprehensive overview of both pathophysiological and practical aspects of circulatory and respiratory extracorporeal support. The basics of ECMO, including its history, the "ECMO team", cannulation, materials, and blood-surface interactions, are first discussed. The various indications for and particular characteristics of circulatory and respiratory extracorporeal life support are then described in detail in the main part of the book. Patient care during ECMO and monitoring of the ECMO patient are also carefully covered, with explanation of the management of technical and clinical complications and transport-related problems. Further topics include long-term therapy options beyond ECMO, such as ventricular assist devices and transplants, outcome, the new frontiers of ECMO for organ procurement and future challenges. The authors are well-known experts in the field whose authoritative contributions and attention to practical aspects will be invaluable for novices and experienced practitioners alike.
- Electrical diseases of the heart Volume 1, Basic foundations and primary electrical diseases. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerThe past two decades have witnessed an explosion of knowledge and radical changes in our understanding of the molecular, ionic, genetic, and pharmacologic basis of electrical diseases of the heart. Electrical diseases of the heart are heritable arrhythmogenic clinical entities that may share common clinical and genetic features, yet may be distinctly different in their genesis, prognosis, and management. Notably, both congenital and acquired electrical diseases of the heart are receiving increased recognition as a result of important advances in genetic analysis. In this second edition of Electrical Diseases of the Heart, the Editors' goal has been to embrace and highlight the explosion of knowledge that our field has witnessed since the publication of the first edition. The approach continues to be one of bridging basic and clinical science in an attempt to advance meaningfully our understanding of heart disease and identify the knowledge gaps that exist. This volume covers the basic foundations and primary electrical diseases and with the companion volume provides the latest developments in the field of experimental and clinical cardiac electrophysiology, genetics, pharmacology and interventional therapies of various clinical arrhythmogenic entities. Residents, fellows and physicians in cardiology and electrophysiology will gain valuable insight into the latest developments in the field of cardiac electrophysiology and clinical electrocardiology by reading this book, including expert review of the genetic and epidemiologic considerations, diagnostic and therapeutic modalities of the newly discovered clinical syndromes and electrocardiographic phenomena, and their correlation with the most recent advances in the basic science.
- Part I.Secondary Hereditary and Acquired Cardiac Channelopathies and Sudden Cardiac Death.Introduction to Part Three: Cardiac Remodeling /N. A. Mark Estes III --Arrhythmias and Arrhythmia Management in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy /J. Martijn Bos, Steve R. Ommen, Michael J. Ackerman --Sudden Cardiac Death in Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Skeletal Muscular Dystrophy /Ingrid A. W. van Rijsingen, Anneke J. van der Kooi, Yigal M. Pinto --Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy/Dysplasia /Hugh Calkins, Frank Marcus --The Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome and the Risk of Sudden Death /Michael H. Gollob ... [et al.] --Acquired (Drug-Induced) Long and Short QT Syndromes /Rashmi R. Shah, Ihor Gussak --Acquired Form of Brugada Syndrome /Wataru Shimizu --Part II.Clinical Rhythmology: Diagnostic Methods and Tools.Introduction to Part IV: Abnormal Electrical Functions of the Heart and Their Diagnoses in Clinic /Benjamin C. Eloff --Diagnostic Electrocardiography /Preben Bjerregaard --Microvolt T Wave Alternans: Mechanisms and Implications for Prediction of Sudden Cardiac Death /Florian Rader, Lance D. Wilson, Ottorino Costantini --Heart Rate Variability: Measurements and Risk Stratification /Yi Gang --Orthostatic Challenge Tests: Active Standing and Head-Up Tilt /Louise R. A. Olde Nordkamp, Nynke van Dijk, Wouter Wieling --Signal Averaged ECG /Gioia Turitto ... [et al.] --Surface Mapping and Magneto-Electrocardiography /Satsuki Yamada, Akihiko Kandori --Ambulatory Monitoring: (Holter, Event Recorders, External, and Implantable Loop Recorders and Wireless Technology) /Rajesh N. Subbiah, Pow-Li Chia, Peter Leong-Sit --Device Therapy for Remote Patient Management /Dwight W. Reynolds, Christina M. Murray, Robin Germany --Invasive Electrophysiologic Testing: Role in Sudden Death Prediction /Jan Němec, Win-Kuang Shen --Provocative (Drug) Testing in Inherited Arrhythmias /Wataru Shimizu, Michael J. Ackerman --Novel Predictors of Sudden Cardiac Death /Sumeet S. Chugh, Rasmus Havmöller, Carmen Teodorescu --Genetic Testing /David J. Tester, Michael J. Ackerman --Part III.Risk Stratification of Sudden Cardiac Death in Acquired Clinical Conditions.Introduction to Part Five: Screening for Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death /John B. Kostis --Risk Stratification for Sudden Death in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease /Emerson H. Liu, Lilian P. Joventino, Alfred E. Buxton --Sudden Death in Athletes /Domenico Corrado, Anna Baritussio, Mariachiara Siciliano --Cardiac Channelopathies and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome /Peter J. Schwartz, Marco Stramba-Badiale, John R. Giudicessi --Heart Failure and Sudden Death /Yong-Mei Cha, Win-Kuang Shen --Neurologic Conditions and Sudden Death /David M. Ficker, Elson L. So --Sudden Cardiac Death and Alcohol /Vincent M. Figueredo, Bhaskar Purushottam --Sudden Cardiac Death and Addictive Chemical Substances /Bhaskar Purushottam, Vincent M. Figueredo --Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Sudden Death /Apoor S. Gami, Virend K. Somers --Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Chronic Kidney Disease /Rod Passman, Mai Ots-Rosenberg, Ihor Gussak --Clinical Trials in Sudden Cardiac Death Prevention: Principles and Endpoints /Andrzej S. Kosinski --Part IV.Treatment and Prevention Modalities.Introduction to Part IV: Treatment Modalities /Mark E. Josephson --Clinical Role of Antiarrhythmic Drugs in the Prevention of Sudden Death /Hon-Chi Lee, Kristin T. L. Huang --Non-antiarrhythmic Drugs in Sudden Death Prevention /Leonard Ilkhanoff, Alan H. Kadish, Jason T. Jacobson --Non-surgical Treatment and Prevention of Atrial Fibrillation /Patricia Tung, Peter J. Zimetbaum --Surgical Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation /John M. Stulak, Hartzell V. Schaff --Catheter Ablation for Triggered Ventricular Fibrillation and Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia /Frédéric Sacher ... [et al.] --Catheter Ablation for Scar-Dependent Ventricular Tachycardia /Roy M. John, William G. Stevenson --The Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator: Technical and Clinical Considerations /Bruce L. Wilkoff, Sergio G. Thal --Beyond Sudden Death Prevention: Minimizing ICD Shocks and Morbidity, and Optimizing Efficacy /Eyal Nof ... [et al.] --Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization /Robert F. Rea.
- Electrical therapies for the heart 2007, HighWire
- Embolisation 2012, Springer
- Embolization 2014, SpringerInnovations in catheterization techniques and embolization agents have considerably contributed to the development of endovascular occlusion techniques in arterial and venous trunks as much as distal parenchymal capillar beds. Mini invasive therapies, endovascular embolization and chemo-embolization now constitute valuable therapeutic alternatives in various fields: on a purely palliative or on a curative basis in oncology, but also in traumatology, functional diseases, and for the treatment of benign tumors, or when dealing with post-operative complications. As in-depth and detailed descriptions of these techniques are all ready available in specialized books, our ambition is to provide a basic handbook for the young vascular radiologists in training and a checklist for the more experienced interventional radiologists, by providing for each of the constantly increasing indications a synthetic approach of the technique and its expected results. The first part of this book relates to the tool box (the materials) and the procedure techniques as well as the physiopathological requirements for carrying out embolization; the second part is an analytical description of the main situations and anatomo-clinical strategies. This handy book should to be a valuable memory aid for clinicians and interventional radiologists, readily available in the multidisciplinary staff rooms and in angiography suites.
- Emergency echocardiography 2009, Springer
- Emerging pathologies in cardiology 2005, Springer
- Encyclopedia of heart diseases 2006, ScienceDirectAging and the heart -- Alcohol and the heart -- Altitude and pulmonary edema -- Anatomy of the heart and circulation -- Anderson-Fabry disease -- Anemia and the heart -- Aneurysm -- Angina -- Angioplasty/coronary balloon -- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors/angiotensin receptor blockers -- Antihistamines -- Antioxidants -- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome -- Antiplatelet agents -- Arginine and the heart -- Arrhythmias/palpitations -- Arteriosclerosis -- Artificial heart -- Aspirin for heart disease -- Atherosclerosis/atheroma -- Athletes and sudden cardiac death -- Atrial fibrillation -- Atrial septal defect -- B-type natriuretic peptide -- Beriberi heart disease -- Beta-blockers -- Blood clots -- Blood pressure -- Brugada syndrome -- Bundle branch block -- Caffeine and the heart -- Calcium antagonists -- Carcinoid heart disease -- Cardiogenic shock -- Cardiomyopathy -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) -- Chagas disease -- Chelation and heart disease -- Chemotherapy-induced heart disease -- Cholesterol -- Coenzyme Q10 -- Congenital heart disease -- Contraception and cardiovascular disease -- Coronary artery bypass surgery -- C-reactive protein and the heart -- Cytochrome P-450 -- Deep vein thrombosis -- Depression and the heart -- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease -- Diets and heart disease -- Diuretics -- Down syndrome -- Dyslipidemia -- Echocardiography -- Effects of smoking and heart disease -- Electrocardiography -- Embryology -- Endocarditis -- Endocrine disorders and the heart -- Erectile dysfunction and the heart -- Exercise and the heart -- Gene therapy -- Heart attacks -- Heart failure -- Hemochromatosis -- Herbal, dietary supplements, and cardiovascular disease -- HIV and the heart -- Homocysteine and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension -- Hypertrophy of the heart -- Kawasaki heart disease -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Murmurs and heart disease -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Obesity and heart disease -- Pacemakers -- Patent foramen ovale -- Pericarditis and myocarditis -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Pulmonary embolism -- Race and cardiovascular disease -- Sleep and the heart -- Stents -- Stress and heart disease -- Stroke/cerebrovascular accident -- Syncope -- Tests for heart diseases -- Thyroid heart disease -- Valve diseases -- Ventricular fibrillation -- Women and heart disease.
- Encyclopedia of heart diseases. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Endocarditis 2006, Springer
- Endoscopic anatomy of the third ventricle 2006, Springer
- "Despite the "hot topic" status of this subject, there are few book-length resources that cover the subjects presented here in any depth. There is a particular need for high-quality coverage of hybrid techniques, which have emerged only over the last 3-4 years. Some of the techniques/procedures covered in this book have gained approval and are being used in patient care in Europe and elsewhere and are sure to see approval soon in the United States. Thus, this book not only fills a current need, but also anticipates a very likely near-term need amongst its target audience. The book aims to be a clear, practical guide to the topics covered, and with its combination of text with high-quality still images and videos presented on a companion website it should more than meet the expectations of buyers looking for expert guidance in this area"--Provided by publisher.
- Endovascular interventions 2014, SpringerPart I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- Enemies of the myocytes 2002, HighWire
- ESC guidelines desk reference. Ed. 2011. 2011, SpringerCardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice 2007 Fourth Joint European Societies' Task Force on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice -- -- Arterial Hypertension 2007 ESH-ESC Task Force on the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) -- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases 2007 The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) -- Non-ST-segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes 2007 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology -- AMI in Patients Presenting with Persistent ST-Segment Elevation 2008 The Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology -- Stable Angina Pectoris 2006 The Task Force on the Management of Stable Angina Pectoris of the European Society of Cardiology -- Myocardial Revascularisation 2011 Joint Task Force on Myocardial Revascularisation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 2003 The Task Force on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy of the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines -- Pericardial Diseases 2004 The Task Force on the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Grown-up congenital heart disease 2011 The Task Force on the Management of Grown-up Congenital Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Neonatal Electrocardiogram 2002 The Task Force for the interpretation of the Neonatal Electrocardiogram of the European Society of Cardiology -- Cardiovascular Disease during Pregnancy 2003 The Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology -- Valvular Heart Disease 2007 The Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Infective Endocarditis 2009 The Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and by the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer -- Pulmonary Hypertension 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) and by the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Supraventricular Arrhythmias (SVA) 2003 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Supraventricular Arrhythmias) -- Atrial Fibrillation 2010 The Task Force for the Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2010 Version) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association Endorsed by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) -- Syncope 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)¹, the Heart Failure Association (HFA)² and the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)³ Endorsed by the following societies: European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM)⁴, European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM)⁵, European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS)⁶, American Geriatrics Society (AGS), European Neurological Society (ENS)⁷, American Autonomic Society (AAS)⁸, European Federation of Autonomic Societies (EFAS)⁹ -- Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death 2006 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death) Developed in Collaboration With the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society -- Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy 2007 ESC Task Force on Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association -- Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction 2007 The joint ESC-ACCF-AHA-WHF Task Force for the Redefinition of Myocardial Infarction -- Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 The Task Force on Heart Failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) -- Device Therapy in Heart Failure 2011 The Task Force for an update of the 2008 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure and the 2007 ESC Guidelines for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) and the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) of the ESC -- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery 2009 The Task Force for Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA).
- ESC Textbook of cardiovascular imaging 2010, Springer
- Essential cardiology. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerMultivariable Evaluation of Candidates for Cardiovascular Disease / Ralph B. D'Agostino Sr., William B. Kannel -- Molecular and Cellular Basis of Myocardial Contractility / Arnold M. Katz -- Ventricular Function / Lionel H. Opie -- Vascular Function / Rhian M. Touyz -- Thrombosis / Farzana R. Bacchus, Mark Crowther -- The History and Physical Examination of the Cardiovascular System / Rajat Gupta, Patrick O'Gara -- Electrocardiography / Tara L. DiMino, Alexander Ivanov, -- Echocardiography / Daniel G. Blanchard, Anthony N. DeMaria -- Exercise Testing / Abhimanyu (Manu) Uberoi, Shirin Zarafshar -- Radiology of the Heart / Christopher M. Walker, Gautham P. Reddy -- Cardiac Catheterization / Nirat Beohar, Mark J. Ricciardi -- Nuclear Imaging in Cardiovascular Medicine / Diwakar Jain, Barry L. Zaret, -- Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance and Multidetector Computed Tomography / Gabriel Vorobiof, Norman Elliot Lepor, Mark Doyle -- Choosing Appropriate Imaging Techniques / Martin E. Goldman, Anthony F. Yu -- Electrophysiology of Cardiac Arrhythmias / Sei Iwai, Steven M. Markowitz, Bruce B. Lerman -- Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias / Suraj Kapa, Francis E. Marchlinski -- Syncope / Venkata Krishna Puppala, Scott Sakaguchi -- Pathophysiology of Heart Failure / Martin R. Cowie, -- Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure / Stephen S. Gottlieb -- Congenital Heart Disease / Matina Prapa, Dimitra Krexi, Anselm Uebing -- Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis / Prediman K. Shah -- Coronary Blood Flow and Myocardial Ischemia / Brian R. Weil, John M. Canty Jr. -- Risk Factors and Prevention, Including Hyperlipidemia / Antonio M. Gotto Jr., John A. Farmer -- Stable Angina / Sachin Mehta, Neal Kleiman, -- Unstable Angina and Non-ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Acute Coronary Syndromes) / Sachin Mehta, Neal Kleiman, -- ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Jonathan R. Enriquez, James A. de Lemos -- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Joseph P. Ornato -- Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention After Acute MI / Arthur S. Leon -- Rheumatic Fever and Valvular Heart Disease / Blanche J. Cupido -- Infective Endocarditis / Adolf W. Karchmer -- Hypertension: Mechanisms and Diagnosis / Clive Rosendorff -- Hypertension Therapy / Norman M. Kaplan, Odelia Cooper, Ronald G. Victor -- Cardiomyopathies and Myocarditis / Colleen M. Harrington, Edward K. Kasper, -- Pericardial Disease / Bernhard Maisch -- Pulmonary Vascular Disease / Eoin P. Judge, Dermot O'Callaghan, Sean P. Gaine -- Diseases of the Aorta / David M. Dudzinski, Eric M. Isselbacher -- Cardiovascular Disease in Women / Benjamin D. Mackie, Nanette Kass Wenger, -- Pregnancy and Heart Disease / T. P. E. Ruys, Mark R. Johnson -- Heart Disease in the Elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Cardiovascular Complications in Patients with Renal Disease / Sheldon W. Tobe -- Diabetes and the Cardiovascular System / Paul Cohen, Jorge Plutzky -- Cancer Therapy-Induced Cardiomyopathy / Peter Kim, Pimprapa Vejpongsa, Edward T. H. Yeh -- Assessment of Patients with Heart Disease for Fitness for Noncardiac Surgery / Lee A. Fleisher, Joseph S. Savino -- Cardiovascular Gene Therapy / Thomas J. LaRocca, Roger J. Hajjar -- Cardiovascular Cell Therapy / Annarosa Leri, Jan Kajstura, Marcello Rota -- Preventive Cardiology / Temilolu O. Aje, Michael Miller -- Peripheral Arterial Disease / Giovina Lara Bomba, Jonathan L. Halperin.
- Essential echocardiography 2007, SpringerEchocardiographic instumentation and principles of doppler echocardiography / Scott D. Solomon -- Introduction to imaging: the normal examination / Dara Lee and Scott D. Solomon -- Protocol and nomenclature in transthoracic echocardiography / Bernard E. Bulwer and Jose Rivero -- Clinical utility of echocardiography / Bernard E. Bulwer, Faisal Shamshad, and Scott D. Solomon -- Echocardiographic assessment of ventricular systolic function / Bernard E. Bulwer, Scott D. Solomon, and Rajesh Janardhanan -- Echocardiographic assessment of diastolic function / Carolyn Y. Ho -- Echocardiography in myocardial infarction / Justina C. Wu -- Stress echocardiography : indications, protocols, and interpretation / Edmund A. Bermudez and Ming Hui Chen -- Cardiomyopathies / Bernard E. Bulwer and Scott D. Solomon -- Pericardial disease / Ashvin N. Pande and Leonard S. Lilly -- Echocardiographic assessment of aortic stenosis / Edmund A. Bermudez -- Echocardiographic evaluation of aortic regurgitation / Susan M. Sallach and Sharon C. Reimold -- Mitral stenosis / Robert J. Ostfeld -- Mitral regurgitation / Jacqueline Suk Danik and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Infective endocarditis / Nagesh S. Anavekar, Marcus Averbach, and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Role of echocardiography in the management of atrial fibrillation / Warren J. Manning -- Cardiac source of embolus / Justina C. Wu -- Echocardiography in pulmonary embolism and secondary pulmonary hypertension / David Aguilar and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Cardiac masses and tumors / Justina C. Wu -- Aortic dissection and other diseases of the aorta / Laura Benzaquen -- Echocardiography in the assessment of artrial septal defects / Edmund A. Bermudez -- Adult congenital heart disease in general echocardiography practice : an introduction / Bernard E. Bulwer and Michael J. Landzberg -- Transesophageal echocardiography multiplane examination primer / Bernard E. Bulwer and Stanton K. Shernan.
- Essentials of restenosis 2007, Springer
- European Atrial Fibrillation Consensus Conference 2003, HighWire
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease 2001, HighWire
- Acute coronary syndrome — Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease (108)
- Cardiovascular MRI in practice — Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease (108)
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age — New concepts in managing patients with chronic heart failure (108)
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (106)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases