Books by Subject
- Abdominal obesity--a driver of cardiometabolic risk — Cardiovascular MRI : 150 multiple-choice questions and answers (174)
- Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease : an imaging atlas — Eugene Braunwald and the rise of modern medicine (174)
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease : Proceedings of the "Consensus Meeting : Clinical Effect, Biological Background, and Research Priorities on n-3 Fatty Acids", Research Centre of the Italian National Association of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO), Florence, Italy, 17-19 February 2000. — New trends and controversies in the management of NSTE-ACS (174)
- Noninvasive imaging of myocardial ischemia — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (171)
- 2006 HighWireDesprés, Jean-Pierre.
- 2015 SpringerFilardi, Pasquale Perrone.This book summarizes how the renin angiotensin system is implicated in the progression of atherosclerotic disease as well as of left ventricular dysfunction and reviews the action of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and AT1 receptor antagonists on reducing morbidity and mortality in patients with left ventricular dysfunction or in those at high cardiovascular risk with preserved ventricular function. ACEi and ARBS in Hypertension and Heart Failure is a highly practical reference reviewing the evidence and providing a rationale for the appropriate use of RAS antagonists in cardiovascular diseases. It is written in an easy-to-follow format and with many illustrations to aid clarity and the assimilation of information. Each chapter is written by established authorities in their fields who are also experienced in explaining often complex concepts. The result is a unique book which is not only comprehensive but also clear and useful for the busy medical practitioner.
- 2008 SpringerHerzog, Eyal; Hong, Mun K.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyThéroux, Pierre.Acute Coronary Syndromes-a Companion to Braunwald₂s Heart Disease-covers the state-of-the-art scientific and clinical information you need to rapidly evaluate and manage acute coronary syndromes. Dr. Pierre Theroux and his team of expert contributors present advances in diagnostic and imaging techniques such as biomarkers, nuclear cardiology, echocardiography, and multislice CT; secondary prevention; and new antiplatelet, anti-ischemic, and gene therapies. Tap into the most definitive knowledge available from one of the leading experts in the field and a stellar cast of contributors. Understand the special considerations for the care of acute coronary syndromes in the emergency department and the coronary care unit. Effectively handle the treatment of special populations and chronic patients thanks to coverage of these challenges.
- Acute coronary syndromes management : proceedings of a meeting held in Cortona, Italy, in April 20052005 HighWireBolognese, Leonardo; Ferrari, Roberto.
- 2008 SpringerGheorghiade, M.; Mebazaa, Alexandre; Parrillo, Joseph E.; Zannad, F.Also available: Print – 2008
- Acute heart failure : putting the puzzle of pathophysiology and evidence together in daily practices2009 SpringerKrüger, Wolfgang; Ludman, Andrew.
- 2005 HighWireGheorghiade, M.; Zannad, F.
- 2006 SpringerGonzález, R. G.
- 2008 HighWireDudek, Dariusz.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyGillam, Linda D.; Otto, Catherine M.Transthoracic three dimensional echocardiography / Victor Mor-Avi, Roberto Lang -- Advanced echocardiography approaches: 3D transesophageal assessment of the mitral valve / Jonathan Passeri, Judy Hung -- Two -dimensional and three dimensional echocardiographic evaluation of the right ventricle / Takahiro Shiota -- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography in the catheterization laboratory / Rebecca Hahn and Linda Gillam -- Intracardiac echocardiography for common interventions on structural heart disease / Anna Bortnick and Frank Silvestry -- Strain and strain-rate imaging / Thomas Marwick -- Assessing twist and torsion / Sherif Nagueh -- Echocardiographic tools for cardiac resynchronization therapy / Veronica Lea Dimaano, Kristian Eskesen, and Theadore Abraham -- Contrast perfusion echocardiography / Joan Olson, Feng Xie, and Thomas Porter -- Evaluation of coronary blood flow by echo doppler / Nozomi Watanabe -- Stress testing for structural heart disease / Catherine Otto and David Owens -- Multimodality cardiac imaging -- when is echo not enough? / Nuno Cortez Dias, Ana Almeida, and Fausto Pinto.
- 2015 ScienceDirectGaemperli, Oliver; Lancellotti, Patrizio; Nieman, Koen; Plein, Sven."Advances in Cardiac Imaging presents the latest information on heart disease and heart failure, major causes of death among western populations. In addition, the text explores the financial burden to public healthcare trusts and the vast amount of research and funding being channeled into programs not only to prevent such diseases, but also to diagnose them in early stages. This book provides readers with a thorough overview of many advances in cardiac imaging. Chapters include technological developments in cardiac imaging and imaging applications in a clinical setting with regard to detecting various types of heart disease"--Provided by publisher.
- 2012 Future MedWhite, Harvey.Advances in acute coronary syndrome management / Harvey White -- Etiology and overview / Ralph A.H. Stewart -- Biomarkers in acute coronary syndromes / Harvey D. White -- Clinical risk scores in ACS management : current and future directions / Derek P. Chew & Leong Lee -- Antithrombotic therapies / Paul A. Gurbel & Udaya S. Tantry -- Lipid-lowering therapy / Joel A. Lardizabal & Prakash C. Deedwania -- Antihypertensive therapies / Grégoire Wuerzner, Olivier Muller & Michel Burnier -- Interventional approaches to acute coronary syndromes / Neal S. Kleiman -- Noninvasive imaging in acute coronary syndromes / Govind Srinivasan & Joseph Selvanayagam -- Electrocardiography in acute coronary syndromes / Cheuk-Kit Wong & Harvey D. White -- Current guidelines for acute coronary syndromes / Michel E. Bertrand -- Index.
- 2007 SpringerAcharya U, Rajendra.
- 1977-Mason, Dean T.
- 2012 Future MedKrum, Henry; Von Lueder, Thomas.Advances in heart failure management / Henry Krum & Thomas von Lueder -- Etiology and overview of heart failure / Yee Weng Wong & G. Michael Felker -- Pathophysiology and clinical manifestation / Thomas G. von Lueder & Dan Atar -- Imaging in heart failure / Sebastian Imre Sarvari & Thor Edvardsen -- Drug therapies for heart failure / Kaushik Guha & Theresa A. McDonagh -- Biomarkers in heart failure / Ashraf Mostafa, Mohamed El-Haddad & Jalal K. Ghali -- Atrial fibrillation in heart failure / Wanwarang Wongcharoen & Shih-Ann Chen -- Device therapy in heart failure / Evaldas Giedrimas & Bradley P. Knight -- Acute heart failure / Wolfgang Krûger -- Pediatric heart failure and adult congenital heart disease / Michael L. O'Byrne & Robert E. Shaddy -- Ventricular assist devices and heart transplantation / Jignesh Patel & Jaime D. Moriguchi -- Gene therapy / Henrike Tscheschner, Patrick Most & Philip Raake -- End-of-life care / Patricia M. Davidson & Phillip J. Newton -- Heart failure guidelines : translation into clinical practice / Nigel T. Lewis, Shanmugakumar Chinnappa, Gerald Partridge & Lip-Bun Tan.
- 2013 Future MedOttervanger, Jan Paul.The different faces of myocardial infarction / Jan Paul Ottervanger -- Epidemiology and classification of myocardial infarction / Michael Connolly & Ian Menown -- Risk factors for prognosis and secondary prevention of myocardial infarction / Daisaku Nakatani & Masatsugu Hori -- Pathophysiology of acute myocardial infarction / Panagiota Christia & Nikolaos G. Frangogiannis -- Symptoms and diagnosis of myocardial infarction/ Amber Marie Otten & Jan Paul Ottervanger -- Myocardial infarction imaging / Jagadeesh K. Kalavakunta, Imad Ahmado, Oliver G. Abela & George S. Abela -- Emergency management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction / Elliott Elias, Piera Capranzano & George Dangas -- Long-term care and prevention / Rebecca F. Rosenwasser, Katie Anderson & Benjamin J. Epstein -- Prognosis following myocardial infarction / Brandon K. Itagaki & Somjot S. Brar -- Future directions in the treatment of myocardial infarction / Jerome Roncalli -- Index.
- 2009 SpringerKazui, Teruhisa; Takamoto, Shinichi.
- 2010 SpringerAbraham, David.
- 2014 SpringerÖzkaya, Esen; Yazganoglu, K. Didem.This book describes adverse cutaneous drug reactions as among the most frequent events in patients receiving drug therapy. Cardiovascular drugs are an important group as there are a greater number of indications for the use of new drugs and their prescription continues to increase. The exact incidence of cutaneous side effects from cardiovascular drugs is difficult to estimate due to sporadic reporting. Moreover, a reliable connection between a certain drug and a certain type of reaction can only rarely be made, aside from the well-known angioedema/urticaria from angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, lichen planus/lichenoid reaction from beta adrenergic blockers, and photosensitivity from thiazid diuretics. These reactions can extend to rare but life-threatening conditions such as erythroderma, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis and drug hypersensitivity syndrome. Adverse Cutaneous Drug Reactions To Cardiovascular Drugs reviews the reported types of reactions to cardiovascular drugs. Each is discussed according to drug class and the type of dermatologic reaction with special emphasize on cross-reactions and the role of patch testing in diagnosis. A total of 116 images are included featuring clinical appearance of common adverse cutaneous drug reactions and diagnostic procedures such as patch and photopatch testing with the suspected drugs. Complementary tables may allow to scan the most common cutaneous reactions and the related cardiovascular drugs along with the possible cross reactions at first glance. It will thus be of considerable importance to all dermatologists and medical professionals who manage the skin, while being an important reference resource for cardiologists in terms of identifying potential adverse reactions to the drugs they prescribe.
- 2014 SpringerJugdutt, Bodh I.This book synthesizes the major research advances in molecular, biochemical, and translational aspects of aging and heart failure over the last four decades and addresses future directions in management and drug discovery. It presents clinical issues and molecular mechanisms related to heart failure, including the changing demographics in the aging population with heart failure; hypertension and prevention of diastolic heart failure in the aging population; polypharmacy and adverse drug reactions in the aging population with heart failure; changes in the heart that accompany advancing age from humans to molecules; aging-associated alterations in myocardial inflammation and fibrosis; and aging-related changes in mitochondrial function and implications for heart failure therapy. The book succinctly summarizes the large volume of data on these key topics and highlights novel pathways that need to be explored. Featuring contributions from leading clinician-scientists, Aging and Heart Failure: Mechanisms and Management is an authoritative resource on the major clinical issues in heart failure therapy in the elderly for cardiologists, gerontologists, and internists.
- 2008 SpringerMarín-García, José; Goldenthal, Michael J.; Moe, Gordon W.Post-genomic view of aging: definition, theories and observations -- Overview of cardiovascular aging -- Molecular and cellular methodologies: a primer -- Molecular and cellular phenotypes of cardiovascular aging -- Aging of the vasculature and related systems -- Aging and the cardiovascular-related systems -- Cardiomyopathy and heart failure in aging -- Atherosclerosis, hypertension and aging -- Metabolic syndrome, diabetes and cardiometabolic risks in aging -- Gender and cardiovascular diseases in aging -- Cardiac dysrhythmias and channelopathies in aging -- Genetics of life span: lessons from model organisms -- Profiling the aging cardiovascular system: transcriptional, proteomic, SNPs, gene mapping and epigenetics analysis -- Translational research: gene, pharmacogenomics and cell-based therapy in the aging heart -- Nutrition and exercise in cardiovascular aging: metabolic and pharmacological interventions -- Aging and the frontier ahead.
- 2007 OvidAlpert, Joseph S.; Nixon, J. V.
- 2011 OvidAurigemma, Gerard P.; Nixon, J. V.
- 2011 SpringerChan, Kwan-Leung; Veinot, John P.General anatomy of the heart in the chest -- Age-related cardiac changes -- Aortic valve -- Mitral valve -- Tricuspid and pulmonary valve -- Cardiomyopathies -- Ischemic heart disease -- Right ventricular diseases -- Diseases of the aorta -- Pericardial diseases -- Prosthetic heart valves -- Infective endocarditis and related conditions -- Neoplasm, cardiac tumor -- Congenital heart disease -- Cardiac source of embolism -- Assessment of diastolic function -- Cardiac involvement by systemic diseases -- Interventional procedures.
- 2011 SpringerPark, Kyung W.; Subramaniam, Balachundhar; Subramaniam, Kathirvel.Applied anatomy of the aorta -- Acute aortic syndrome -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation before aortic surgery -- Role of echocardiography in aortic surgery -- Operative techniques in surgery of the proximal thoracic aorta and aortic arch -- Anesthesia for surgery of the ascending aorta and aortic arch -- Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest -- Cerebral monitoring during aortic surgery -- Understanding open repair of the descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aorta -- Anesthesia for descending aortic surgery -- Spinal cord protection strategies -- Understanding endovascular aortic surgery: Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysmal disease -- Anesthesia for endovascular aortic surgery -- Anesthesia for open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair -- Renal protection strategies -- Comprehansive management of patients with traumatic aortic injury -- Anesthesia for adult congenital aortic surgery -- Atherosclerosis of the aorta and prevention of neurological dysfunction after cardiac surgery -- Postoperative care after aortic surgery.
- 2004 HighWireDzau, Victor J.; Ylä-Herttuala, S.Also available: Print – 2004
- Angiotensin receptor blockers in cardiovascular protection - a new era in evidence-based medicine? : proceedings from the Symposium "New directions in Cardiovascular Research', held in Berlin, Germany, August 30, 2002.2003 HighWireAlso available: Print – 2003
- 2009 SpringerGross, David R.General principles of animal selection and normal physiological values -- Preanesthesia, anesthesia, chemical restraint, and the recognition and treatment of pain and distress -- Normal cardiac function parameters -- Measuring cardiac function -- Measuring vascular function and ventricular/arterial coupling dynamics -- Isolated heart preparations, problems, and pitfalls -- Cardiovascular effects of anesthetics, sedatives, postoperative analgesic agents, and other pharmaceuticals -- Naturally occurring and iatrogenic animal models of valvular, infectious, and arrhythmic cardiovascular disease -- Iatrogenic models of ischemic heart disease -- Iatrogenic, transgenic, and naturally occurring models of cardiomyopathy and heart failure -- Iatrogenic, congenic, and transgenic models of hypertension -- Naturally occurring, iatrogenic and transgenic models of atherosclerotic disease -- Animal models for the study of neurohumeral and central neural control of the cardiovascular system -- Other transgenic animal models used in cardiovascular studies
- 2005 HighWireDiener, H.-C; Verheugt, Freek.
- 2004 HighWireAntman, Elliott M.; Verheugt, Freek.Also available: Print – 2004
- 2006 SpringerBourassa, Martial G.; Tardif, Jean-Claude.
- 2008 HighWireNeumann, Josef-Franz.
- 2007 HighWireBode, Christoph.
- 2012 KargerAtar, Dan; Serebruany, Victor L.
- 2010 SpringerAskari, Arman T.; Lincoff, A. Michael.Platelets in arterial thrombosis -- Role of coagulation in arterial and venous thrombosis -- Link between inflammation and thrombosis -- Genetics of thrombosis -- Aspirin in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Thienopyridines in stable coronary disease -- Antiplatelet therapies in unstable angina and non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Unfractionated heparin and enoxaparin for the management of non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Direct thrombin inhibitors in acute coronary syndromes -- Synthetic factors Xa inhibition in acute coronary syndromes -- Antiplatelet therapies: aspirin, clopidogrel and thienopyridines, and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors for the management of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Antithrombin therapy for acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Fibrinolysis and facilitated PCI -- Antithrombotic therapy in percutaneous coronary intervention -- Antithrombotic therapy in carotid and peripheral intervention -- Monitoring of antithrombotic therapies in interventional cardiology -- Venous thromboembolism -- Fibrinolysis for pulmonary embolism -- Duration of anticoagulant therapy after venous thromboembolism -- Antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation and cardioversion -- Antithrombotic therapy for valvular heart disease -- Antithrombotic therapy in heart failure and cardiomyopathy -- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia -- Resistance to antiplatelet drugs.
- 2009 SpringerCriado, Enrique; Upchurch, Gilbert R.
- 2007 SpringerBaliga, R. R.
- 2010 SpringerHetzer, R.; Weng, Y.; Yankah, A. C.
- 2015 SpringerAbbas, Amr E.1. General considerations and etiologies of aortic stenosis -- 2. Clinical assessment of the severity of aortic stenosis -- 3. Physiological basis for area and gradient assessment: hemodynamic principles of aortic stenosis -- 4. Different classifications of aortic stenosis -- 5. Invasive evaluation of aortic stenosis -- 6. Echocardiographic evaluation of aortic valve stenosis -- 7. Complimentary role of CT/MRI in the assessment of aortic stenosis -- 8. Area and gradient mismatch: the discordance of a small valve area and low gradients -- 9. Reverse area and gradient mismatch: the discordance of a large valve area and high gradients -- 10. Prosthetic aortic valves and diagnostic challenges -- 11. Risk prediction models, guidelines, special populations, outcomes -- 12. Surgical management of aortic valve stenosis -- 13. Balloon aortic valvuloplasty -- 14. Imaging for transcatheter aortic valve replacement -- 15. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement -- Index.
- 2011 SpringerJain, K. K.
- 2007 SpringerMarcus, Frank I.; Nava, Andrea; Thiene, Gaetano.
- 2006 SpringerRanganathan, Narasimhan; Saksena, Franklin B.; Sivaciyan, Vahe.Also available: Print – 2006
- 2015 SpringerBerbari, Adel E.; Mancia, Giuseppe.As our knowledge about arterial disease is greatly expanding, the aim of this book is to explore all aspects of arterial pathology, including classification, clinical manifestations, pathogenesis, and therapeutic options. The discussion of pathophysiologic mechanisms of arterial disease is wide ranging, encompassing hemodynamic, metabolic, humoral, inflammatory, genetic and environmental factors. Particular emphasis is placed on recent concepts, such as: the role of age-associated arterial alterations in the initiation and progression of cardiovascular diseases in older persons, the importance of mineral metabolism-bone vascular interactions, the clinical and prognostic significance of the renal resistive index, retinal circulation, toxemia of pregnancy as an arterial disease, and the role of pulmonary/vascular interaction in pulmonary hypertension and cross-talk of macrocirculation and microcirculation in target organ involvement. Evaluation procedures are carefully explained, and the full range of currently available therapeutic options, including lifestyle modifications and pharmacologic approaches, are described and appraised.
- 2006 SpringerHe, Guo-Wei.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyLang, Roberto M.Written and endorsed by world experts from the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE), this unique multimedia resource uses text, case studies, and online components to cover the latest uses of echocardiography, including the most recent 2D and 3D advances. Unlike other existing textbooks in echocardiography, including the predecessor of this volume, entitled Dynamic Echocardiography, this 2nd edition, with its new title, covers a full range of topics, reflected in its 200 chapters that include essential material in a succinct format. Dr. Roberto M. Lang and his expert colleagues provide everything you need to assess cardiac anatomy and function and obtain clinically useful, noninvasive information for more accurate diagnosis and evaluation of heart disease.
- 2015 SpringerAgabiti Rosei, Enrico; Mancia, Giuseppe.This book presents up-to-date information on how to assess early preclinical alterations in the heart, the small and large arteries and the kidney in the general and the hypertensive population, using the most sensitive, specific and cost-effective techniques. A wide variety of techniques are discussed, with careful attention to the latest developments. For each organ, evidence is documented regarding the prevalence of organ damage. Information is provided on the potential induction of regression of organ damage by treatment, the criteria for establishing significant changes and the clinical prognostic significance of regression. The manual will be invaluable for all practitioners responsible for the clinical management of hypertensive patients, given that the assessment of early preclinical cardiovascular and renal damage permits more accurate risk stratification at baseline and facilitates evaluation of cardiovascular protection when regression of structural changes is achieved during treatment.
- 2010 SpringerNaghavi, Morteza.
- 2013 SpringerTaylor, Allen J.; Villines, Todd C.Atherosclerosis: Clinical Perspectives Through Imaging is aimed at practicing clinicians and relies on didactic tabular and bullet points and a host of fine imagery describing the common features of the imaging of atherosclerosis, enabling the reader to understand more about the advantages and limitations of each modality in investigating athersclosis. Edited by and contributed to by a host of international experts in cardiac imaging, this book is a must read by all who image the heart.
- 2007 KargerFrohlich, Edward D.; Safar, Michel.
- 2013 SpringerHaulon, Stéphan; Kpodonu, Jacques.The Cardiovascular Hybrid Operating Room -- Advanced Computed Tomography Imaging, Workstations, and Planning Tools -- Intravascular Ultrasound Applications for Endoaortic Surgery --Jacques Kpodonu and Stéphan Haulon -- Devices and Accessories in Endoaortic Surgery -- Access Techniques -- Spinal Cord Protection -- Endovascular Applications for Abdominal Aortic Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Aortoiliac Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Thoracic Aortic Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Thoracoabdominal Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Arch-Aortic Pathologies -- Complications in Endoaortic Surgery: Endoleaks After Endovascular Repair of the Abdominal Aorta -- Future Technology and Customized Solutions for Endoaortic Surgery.
- 2011 SpringerGrundy, Scott M.The Metabolic Syndrome -- Epidemiology of the Metabolic Syndrome and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes -- The Metabolic Syndrome and Atherogenesis -- Triglyceride-Rich Lipoproteins -- High-Density Lipoprotein Metabolism -- Newer Coronary Risk Factors -- Dietary Effects on Cardiovascular Risk Factors -- Strategies for Treating Abnormal Lipid Profiles with Drugs -- Ethnic Differences in the Metabolic Syndrome -- Obesity Management -- Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Disease -- Gender Differences in Coronary Risk Factors and Risk Interventions.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyRuel, Marc; Sellke, Frank W.1. Incisions for cardiac surgery -- 2. Cannulation techniques for cardiopulmonary bypass -- 3. On-pump coronary artery bypass grafting -- 4. Off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting -- 5. Endoscopic and traditional minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass -- 6. Minimally invasive cardiac surgical coronary artery bypass grafting -- 7. Robotic coronary artery bypass grafting -- 8. Postinfarction ventricular septal defect -- 9. Aortic valve replacement -- 10. Aortic root enlargement techniques -- 11. Aortic valve-sparing operations -- 12. Bentall procedure -- 13. Aortic homografts -- 14. Ross procedure -- 15. Repair of the myxomatous degenerated mitral valve -- 16. Minimally invasive mitral valve repracement: partial sternotomy approach -- 17. Percutaneous mitral valve repair techniques -- 18. Tricuspid valve operations -- 19. Type A aortic dissections -- 20. Type B aortic dissections -- 21. Aortic arch aneurysms -- 22. Thoracoabdominal aneurysms -- 23. Thoracic endovascular aortic repair for descending thoracic aortic and aortic arch aneurysms -- 24. Surgery for atrial fibrillation -- 25. Surgery for left ventricular aneurysm and remodeling -- 26. Pulsatile and axial ventricular support -- 27. Heart transplantation -- 28. Heart-lung transplantation.
- Atlas of cardiovascular computed tomography : an imaging companion to Braunwald's heart disease. [1st ed.]2010 ClinicalKeyTaylor, Allen J.Cardiac CT : how it works / J. Jeffrey Carr -- Optimizing CT image quality / wm. Guy Weigold -- Contrast medium administration / Dominik Fleischmann -- Systematic analysis of cardiac CT / John A. Rumberger -- Coronary CT angiography : normal anatomy / Ricardo C. Cury and Roberto C. Cury -- Coronary CT angiography : obstructive coronary artery disease / Stephan Achenbach -- Detection of calcified atherosclerosis / Allen J. Taylor -- Coronary CT angiography : the patient with noncalcified plaque / Joanne D. Schuijf and Jeroen J. Bax -- The post-revascularization patient / Matthew J. Budoff -- Advanced vessel analysis / Harvey S. Hecht -- Applications of PET-CT and SPECT-CT / Marcelo F. Di Carli -- The left ventricle / Andreas H. Mahnken -- CT detection of myocardial perfusion, infarction, and viability / Richard T. George, Joao A.C. Lima, and Albert C. Lardo -- The right ventricle / David Bush -- Coronary veins, systemic veins, and atria / Jerold S. Shinbane ... [et al.] -- Aortic disease / Michael A. Bolen and Suhny Abbara -- Valvular heart disease / Hatem Alkadhi -- Prosthetic heart valves / Tracy Q. Callister -- Pericardial disease / Thomas C. Gerber, Birgit Kantor, and Eric E. Williamson -- Adult congenital heart disease / Stephen C. Cook -- Intracardiac masses / Amgad N. Makaryus and Lawrence M. Boxt -- Noncardiac findings identified on cardiovascular CT / Jonathan D. Dodd and Ricardo C. Cury.
- 2015 AccessEmergency MedicineCline, David; Lefebvre, Cedric; O'Neill, James C.Anatomy -- Electrocardiogarphy: normal heart, acute ischemia, and chronic disease -- Principles of cardiovascular imaging -- Devices -- Arrhythmias -- Vascular disease -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pediatric cardiology -- Procedures.
- Atlas of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging : an imaging companion to Braunwald's heart disease2010 ClinicalKeyHundley, W. Greg; Kramer, Christopher M.Normal cardiac anatomy / Saul G. Myerson, and Stefan Neubauer -- Normal vessel anatomy / Housseini M. Ahmed, Ugur Bozlar, Patrick T. Norton, and Klaus D. Hagspiel -- Left ventricular volumes, ejection fraction, mass, and shape / Nathaniel Reichek, and Dipti Gupta -- Measuring regional function / Nael F. Osman, Alexander Jehle, and Frederick H. Epstein -- Size and function of the right ventricle / Albert C. van Rossum, and Simon C. Koestner -- Atria and pulmonary veins / Saman Nazarian, David A. Bluemke, Hugh Calkins, and Henry R. Halperin -- Valvular heart disease / Marcus Y. Chen, and Andrew E. Arai -- Myocardial masses / Jennifer A. Dickerson, and Subha V. Raman -- Pericardial disease / Rajan A. G. Patel, and Christopher M. Kramer -- Dilated cardiomyopathy and myocardial infarction / NikolaosTzemos, Gabriel Vorobiof, adn Ryamond Y. Kwong -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy / Andrew S. Flett, and James C. Moon -- Iron cardiomyopathy / John C. Wood, and Nilesh Ghugre -- Myocarditis / Matthias G. Friedrich, and Oliver Strohm -- Simple congenital heart disease / Rebecca S. Beroukhim, and Tal Geva -- Complex congenital heart disease / Mark A. Fogel -- Postoperative evaluation of congenitial heart disease / Karen G. Ordovas, and Charles B. Higgins-- Perfusion stress magnetic resonance / Amedeo Chiribiri, Sven Plein, and Eike Nagel-- Wall motion stress magnetic resonance / William O. Ntim, Rahul Aggarwal, Chirapa Puntawangkoon, and W. Gregory Hundley -- Delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance / Chetan Shenoy, Annamalai Senthilkumar, and Raymond F. Kim -- Peripheral magnetic resonance angiography / Rajiv Agarwal, and Scott D. Flamm -- Diseases of the aorta / Mark A. Lawson -- Renal arteries / Christopher J. Francois, and Thomas M. Grist -- Coronary arteries and bypass grafts / Hajime Sakuma, and Yasutaka Ichikawa -- Coronary anomalies / Shahriar Heidary, and Michael V. McConnell -- Carotid atherosclerotic disease / Chun Yuan, Baocheng Chu, Niranjan Balu, Marina Ferguson, and Thomas S. Hatsukami -- Plaque and wall assessment / Alistair C. Lindsay, Justin M. Lee, Ilias Kylintireas, Matthew D. Robson, and Robin P. Choudhury.
- 2014 SpringerMiclaus, Gratian Dragoslav; Ples, Horia.This atlas presents normal and pathologic findings observed on CT angiography with 3D reconstruction in a diverse range of clinical applications, including the imaging of cerebral, carotid, thoracic, coronary, abdominal, and peripheral vessels. The superb illustrations display the excellent anatomic detail obtained with CT angiography and depict the precise location of affected structures and lesion severity. Careful comparisons between normal imaging features and pathologic appearances will assist the reader in image interpretation and treatment planning, and the described cases include some very rare pathologies. In addition, the technical principles of the modality are clearly explained and guidance provided on imaging protocols. This atlas will be of value both to those in training and to more experienced practitioners within not only radiology but also cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, cardiology, and neurology.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyGill, Edward A.Historical perspective on three-dimensional echocardiography / Edward Gill, Berthold Klas -- Practical integration of 3D echo in the workflow of the echo lab / Lynn Weinert, Lissa Sugeng -- 3D transesophageal echocardiographic systems / Ivan S. Salgo -- Evaluation of the aortic valve by real-time three-dimensional echocardiography / Edward A. Gill -- Real time 3D echocardiography highlights : normal valve anatomy and measurements / Ernesto Salcedo and Jennifer Dorosz -- Mitral stenosis / Edward A. Gill -- Mitral regurgitation, mitral valve repair / Judy Hung and Gary Mak -- Prosthetic mitral valve evaluation / Burkhard Mackensen -- Tricuspid valve / Alicia A. Bourne and Edward A. Gill -- Pulmonary valve in health and disease by 3D echo / Edward A. Gill -- Three dimensional echo for volumetric assessment / Carly Jenkins -- Evaluation of left ventricular disynchrony by 3D echo / Cliona Kenny -- Right ventricular function assessment by 3D echo / Florence Sheehan and Mary-Pierre Waiss -- Real-time 3-dimensional echocardiographic guidance of catheter-based cardiac interventions / Nicole M. Bhave and Roberto Lang -- Three-dimensional echocardiography in congenital heart disease / Tara Bharucha and Luc Mertens -- Real-time 3D echocardiography evaluation of intracardiac masses / Elisa Zaragosa-Macias and Edward A. Gill -- Using the cropping tool to show valvular structures, the superior vena cava, atrial septal defect, and an RV pacemaker lead / Alicia Bourne ... [et al.]
- 2014 SpringerFilipoiu, Florin Mihail.
- 2007 ClinicalKeyOxorn, Donald C.; Otto, Catherine M.Coronary artery disease -- Mitral valve disease -- Aortic valve disease -- Endocarditis -- Prosthetic valves -- Right-sided valve disease -- Adult congenital heart disease -- Hypertropic cardiomyopathy -- Pericardial disease -- Diseases of the great vessels -- Masses -- Catheters and devices.
- 2015 SpringerDesai, Milind Y.; Jellis, Christine; Yingchoncharoen, Teerapat.Normal -- Stenosis -- Regurgitation -- Ischemic -- functional -- Infectious -- Perforations -- Role of stress -- Per procedural planning -- Interoperable findings -- Percutaneous repair -- Postoperative repair -- Postoperative follow-up.
- 2006 SpringerLeta-Petracca, Rubén; Pons-Lladó, Guillem.Basics and performance of cardiac computed tomography -- Nornal anatomy and congenital abnormalities of the coronary arteries -- Detection and quantification of coronary artery calcium by MDCT -- Coronary artery stenoses: detection, quantitation and characterization -- Morphological and functional assessment of heart chambers by MDCT.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyGarcia, Ernest V.; Iskandrian, Ami E.Evaluating myocardial perfusion spect : the normal study / Ernest V. Garcia ... [et al.] -- Interpretation, reporting, and guidelines / Ami E. Iskandrian, Jaekyeong Heo, Lindsey Tauxe -- Image artifacts / E. Gordon Depuey -- Radionuclide angiography / Jaekyeong Heo, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Choice of stress test / Gilbert J. Zoghbi, Fahad M. Iqbal, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Use in stable patients with known or suspected CAD / Gilbert J. Zoghbi, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Serial testing / Fadi Hage, Fahad M. Iqbal, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Patients with PCI and CABG / Gilbert J. Zoghbi, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Patients with acute coronary syndrome / Gilbert J. Zoghbi, Jaekyeong Heo, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Risk-stratification prior to non-cardiac surgery / Fadi Hage, Fahad M. Iqbal, Ami E. Iskandrian -- MPI of special patient groups / Fadi Hage, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Applications in patients with heart failure and cardiomyopathy / Ami E. Iskandrian, Jaekyeong Heo -- Other forms of heart disease / Fadi Hage, Fahad M. Iqbal, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Patients with chest pain in the emergency department / Fadi Hage, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Viability assessment / Ami E. Iskandrian, Jaekyeong Heo -- Extra cardiac incidental findings / Wael Aljaroudi, Eva V. Dubovsky, Ami E. Iskandrian -- Newer tools for assessment of heart failure / Ji Chen -- Improving spect MPI efficiency and reducing radiation / Ernest V. Garcia, Tracy Faber, Fabio Esteves -- Myocardial perfusion Spect/CT : the added value of CT imaging / Fabio Esteves ... [et al.] -- Cardiac PET and PET/CT: artifacts and tracers / Fabio Esteves, Ernest V. Garcia.
- 2013 SpringerDilsizian, Vasken; Narula, Jagat.
- 2013 SpringerRichardson, Randy Ray.Advantages of Cardiac CTA over Other Imaging Modalities -- Scanning Technique for Cardiac CTA in Infants and Small Children -- Advanced Postprocessing of Cardiac CTA -- Systematic Evaluation of Cardiac CTA -- Evaluation of the Atria, Atrioventricular Valves, and Veins -- Evaluation of the Ventricles -- Evaluation of the Great Vessels -- Evaluation of the Coronary Arteries -- Evaluation of the Lungs and Airways -- Evaluation of Situs -- Operations Performed for Patients with Congenital Heart Disease.
- 2013 SpringerFeldman, Ted.Mitral Valve Anatomy and Current Surgical and Percutaneous Approaches to Mitral Regurgitation -- Device Description and Procedural Overview -- Room Setup -- Summary of MitraClip Clinical Data and Approach to Patient Selection -- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Patients Before and After MitraClip Mitral Valve Repair -- MitraClip Procedural Echocardiography -- Transseptal Puncture -- Venous Access Management -- Hemodynamic Perspectives of Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair -- Situational Steering Techniques -- MitraClip: Basic Degenerative Case -- EVEREST II Basic Functional Case Study -- Barlow's Disease -- EVEREST II Case Study: Large Left Atrium -- Approach to Mitral Regurgitation Requiring Multiple MitraClips -- Case Example: Two Clips -- EVEREST II Delayed Second Clip for Early Recurrent MR -- Secondary Mitral Regurgitation Due to Ischemic Mitral Valve Disease and Mild Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease -- The Dilemma of Reducing Functional Mitral Regurgitation Versus Development of Mitral Stenosis -- Infective Endocarditis Associated with the MitraClip -- EVEREST II MitraClip After Failed Surgical Mitral Valve Repair -- EVEREST II Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Chiari Network Complicating a MitraClip Procedure -- EVEREST II: Two MitraClip Procedure with Partial Detachment of Second Device -- MitraClip Procedure in Unusual Heart Position -- Interatrial Septal Tear: A Rare Complication During MitraClip Procedure and Successful Transcatheter Closure -- Percutaneous Double-Valve Treatment in a Patient with Degenerative Aortic Stenosis and Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair After Previous Mitral Valve Reconstruction -- Case Examples: (1) Delayed Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High Risk Patient, and (2) Complex Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation (Anterior Leaflet Prolapse) with Commissural Impingement -- Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation with Missing Leaflet Coaptation -- Severe Ischemic Heart Failure with Functional Improvement After MitraClip Therapy -- Severe Left-to-Right Shunting from Iatrogenic Atrial Septal Defect -- MitraClip Implantation in Chronic Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation with Extensive Calcification -- 3D Transesophageal Echo-Guided MitraClip Treatment of P3 Mitral Valve Prolapse -- Failure and Complications of MitraClip® Implantation for Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation: A Combination of Unexpected Findings and Early Experience -- Mitral Valve Repair Using the MitraClip System in a Patient with Severe Mitral Regurgitation in the A3/P3 Region due to Chordae Rupture During Transapical TAVI -- MitraClip Implantation in a Patient with Severe Mitral Annular Calcification and a Small Orifice Area -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation Treatment with MitraClip: Difficult Transseptal Puncture with Anterior Approach Complicated by Right Atrial Thrombus -- MitraClip in a Patient with Dextrocardia and Scoliosis Complicated by Delayed Clip Detachment -- Massive Air Embolism During MitraClip Insertion -- The Degree and Type of Mitral Regurgitation Present at the Baseline Is Not Always a Good Predictor of the Procedural Technical Needs or of the Final Result -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation with a Wide Extension of the Central Regurgitant Jet -- Percutaneous Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair for Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High-Surgical-Risk Patient -- Mitral Stenosis After MitraClip Therapy and a Partial Solution for Treatment -- MitraClip Therapy for Functional Mitral Regurgitation: Importance of Jet Localization to Direct MitraClip Placement -- MitraClip: Acute Thrombus Formation During Guide Insertion -- MitraClip Placement in a Patient with Severe Kyphoscoliosis and Bileaflet Prolapse.
- 2005 SpringerCarreras, Francesc; Pons-Lladó, Guillem.
- 2008 SpringerCasella, Michela; Dello Russo, Antonio.
- 2010 SpringerFaletra, Francesco Fulvio.Technological issues -- General concepts -- The mitral valve -- The aortic valve and pulmonary valves -- Tricuspid valve and pulmonary valves -- Atrial and ventricular septa -- Right and left atria -- The right ventricle -- The left ventricle -- Clinical cases.
- 2014 SpringerChitwood, W. Randolph; Dodson, Rebekah.This comprehensive atlas defines the role of robotic surgery in cardiac surgical practice and provides a wealth of practical didactic advice. The Editor has assembled a group of experts in the field to define the complete operative pathway of each procedure for surgeons who desire to become a complete robotic cardiac surgeon. To reduce the learning curve, the atlas includes hints and procedure pitfalls that are derived from the experiences of the chapter contributors. The most important cardiac operations, including valve repair and replacement as well as coronary surgery, are detailed but using the latest robotic methods. Atlas of Robotic Cardiac Surgery is richly illustrated with the highest quality illustrations. Anaesthesia and cardiopulmonary support preparation for each operation is featured, and selected references have been provided to emphasize evidence-based outcomes from previously published data. As such, this book will influence and be essential reading for both practicing and trainee surgeons in minimally invasive and robotic cardiac surgery.
- 2007 OvidDomanski, Michael J.; Nanda, Navin C.
- 2007 OvidFalcetti, José; Feldman, Carlos Jader; Uflacker, Renan.The fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- 2008 SpringerJalife, José; Natale, Andrea.
- 2014 SpringerBayés de Luna, Antonio; Camm, A. John; Dan, Gheorghe-Andrei.The paradigm for atrial fibrillation (AF) management has changed significantly in recent years. A new era has begun for the prevention of one of the most tremendous complication of AF, stroke. Prevention of ischemic stroke in AF patients with oral anticoagulants represents a huge challenge because of the narrow therapeutic change of these drugs, interindividual and intraindividual variability, and the unsatisfactory time in therapeutically range (TTR) with this type of medication.
- 2015 SpringerElsinga, Philip H.; Schwaiger, Markus; Slart, Riemer H. J. A.; Tio, René Anton.This book explains in detail the potential value of the hybrid modalities, SPECT-CT and PET-CT, in the imaging of cardiac innervation in a wide range of conditions and diseases, including ischemic heart disease, diabetes mellitus, heart failure, amyloidosis, heart transplantation, and ventricular arrhythmias. Imaging of the brain-heart axis in neurodegenerative disease and stress and of cardiotoxicity is also discussed. The roles of the various available tracers are fully considered, and individual chapters address radiopharmaceutical development under GMP, imaging physics, and kinetic modeling software. Highly relevant background information is included on the autonomic nervous system of the heart and its pathophysiology, and in addition future perspectives are discussed. Awareness of the importance of autonomic innervation of the heart for the optimal management of cardiac patients is growing, and there is an evident need for objective measurement techniques or imaging modalities. In this context, Autonomic Innervation of the Heart will be of wide interest to clinicians, researchers, and industry.
- 2009 KargerMeester, Fabien De; Simopoulos, Artemis P.Evolutionary aspects of the dietary omega-6:omega-3 fatty acid ratio : medical implications / A.P. Simopoulos -- Measuring blood fatty acids as a surrogate indicator for coronary heart disease risk in population studies / B. Lands -- Fast determination of fatty acids in whole blood collected from fingertips : application to the assessment of fatty acid patterns (and various indexes) in population studies / C. Galli ... [et al.] -- Evolution and cholesterol / S. Boyd Eaton -- Dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterolemia : a healthy relationship / D.J. McNamara -- Blood cholesterol as a good marker of health in Japan / Y. Ogushi -- Cholesterol and skeletal muscle health / S.E. Riechman ... [et al.] -- Disappointing recent cholesterol-lowering drug trials : is it not time for a full reappraisal of the cholesterol theory? / M. de Lorgeril -- Cholesterol was healthy in the end / V. Ravnskov -- Progress in lipid nutrition : the Columbus concept addressing chronic diseases / F. de Meester.
- 2013 SpringerAgarwala, Sandeep; Bradnock, Tim J.; Carachi, Robert.Part A. Basic surgical techniques -- Part B. Head and neck -- Part C. Spine and limbs -- Part D. Thorax -- Part E. Abdomen -- Part F. Groin and genitalia -- Part G. Urology -- Part H. Perineum -- Part I. Minimally invasive surgery -- Appendix. Training in paediatric surgery -- Subject Index.
- 2006 SpringerClancy, Colleen E.; Kass, Robert S.
- 2009 HighWireErdmann, Erland; Willenheimer, Ronnie.
- 2015 SpringerPalavra, Filipe.Inflammation biomarkers and cardiometabolic risk -- Cardiovascular disease -- Diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome -- Ischemic stroke -- Chronic kidney disease -- Immune-mediated inflammatory rheumatic diseases -- Cardiometabolic risk, inflammation and neurodegenerative disorders.
- 2011 SpringerNoordergraaf, Abraham.pt. 1. Synoptic reviews of thinking in circulatory physiology -- pt. 2. Circulatory sub-systems -- pt. 3. Impedance defined flow and the closed loop.
- 2014 SpringerFrohlich, Edward D.; O'Rourke, Michael F.; Safar, Michel.Part I. Blood Pressure: Basic Concepts of Steady and Pulsatile Arterial Hemodynamics -- 1. Arterial Stiffness, Wave Reflection, Wave Amplification: Basic Concepts, Principles of Measurement and Analysis in Humans / Michael F. O'Rourke, Caroline O'Brien, and Thomas Weber -- 2. Large Arteries, Microcirculation, and Mechanisms of Hypertension / Harry A.J. Struijker-Boudier -- 3. Direct Measurement of Local Arterial Stiffness and Pulse Pressure / Luc M. Van Bortel, Tine De Backer, and Patrick Segers --4. Ventricular-Arterial Coupling and Mechanism of Wave Reflections / Julio A. Chirinos and Patrick Segers -- 5. Determination of Systemic and Regional Arterial Structure and Function / Pierre Boutouyrie, Laurent Macron, Elie Mousseaux, and Stéphane Laurent -- 6. Animal Models for Studies of Arterial Stiffness / Patrick Lacolley, Simon N. Thornton, and Yvonnick Bezie -- 7. Elastin, Calcium and Age-Related Stiffening of the Arterial Wall / Jeffrey Atkinson -- 8. Genetic and Cellular Aspects of Arterial Stiffness / Athanase Benetos, Abraham Aviv, Patrick Lacolley, Michel E. Safar, and Véronique Regnault -- Part II. Blood Pressure and Sodium Balance: Pathophysiological Mechanisms and Cardiovascular Risk -- 9. Mechanical Stress and the Arterial Wall / Ernesto L. Schiffrin, Alain Tedgui, and Stephanie Lehoux -- 10. Pulsatile Stress, Arterial Stiffness, and Endothelial Function / Robinson Joannidès, Jérémy Bellien, and Christian Thuillez -- 11. Hypoxia, Arterial Blood Pressure, and Microcirculation / Jean-Jacques Mourad, Jean-Sébastien Silvestre, and Bernard I. Lévy -- 12. The Reality of Aging Viewed from the Arterial Wall / Majd AlGhatrif and Edward G. Lakatta -- 13. Emerging Aspects of Angiotensin Biology and Their Potential Role in the Vasculature / Richard N. Re and Julia L. Cook -- 14. Arterial Stiffness and the Sympathetic Nervous System / Gianfranco Parati and Paolo Salvi -- 15. Oxidative Stress and Hypertension / Jing Wu and David G. Harrison -- 16. Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction / Scott L. Hummel -- 17. Structural Alterations in Arterial Stiffness: Role of Arterial Fibrosis / Javier Díez -- 18. Salt and Multiorgan Damage in Hypertension: Vascular Stiffening and Cardiorenal Structural Dysfunction Responses / Edward D. Frohlich -- 19. Preventive Lessons from Hypertension and Myocardial Infarction: Treating Asymptomatic Individuals to Lower the Risk for Subsequent Cardiovascular Events / Marc A. Pfeffer -- Part III. Hypertension: Evaluation of Cardiovascular Risk and Organ Damage -- 20. Value of Brachial and Central Blood Pressure for Predicting Cardiovascular Events / Stanley S. Franklin, Carmel M. McEniery, John R. Cockcroft, and Ian B. Wilkinson -- 21. Predictive Value of Arterial Stiffness for Cardiovascular Events / Stéphane Laurent, Pierre Boutouyrie, and Francesco Mattace Raso -- 22. Heart Rate, Synchrony and Arterial Hemodynamics / Alberto P. Avolio, Mark Butlin, and Isabella Tan -- 23. Pulse Pressure Amplification and Arterial Stiffness in Middle Age / Alberto P. Avolio, Mark Butlin, and Athanase D. Protogerou -- 24. Arterial Stiffness, Central Blood Pressure and Cardiac Remodelling: From Cardiac Hypertrophy to Heart Failure / Mary J. Roman and Richard B. Devereux -- 25. The Relationship Between Aortic Stiffness, Microvascular Disease in the Brain and Cognitive Decline: Insights into the Emerging Epidemic of Alzheimer's Disease / Angelo Scuteri, Jonathan Stone, and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 26. Arterial Stiffness and Risk in Various Cardiovascular Diseases / Charalambos Vlachopoulos, Dimitrios Terentes- Printzios, Kenji Takazawa, and Christodoulos Stefanadis -- 27. Large Artery Remodeling and Chronic Kidney Disease / Marie Briet, Michel Delahousse, Gérard London, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 28. Arterial Changes in Renal Transplantation / Sola Aoun Bahous, Serge Korjian, Yazan Daaboul, Jacques Blacher, and Michel E. Safar -- 29. Arterial Stiffness, Central Blood Pressure and Coronary Heart Disease / Piotr Jankowski, Jacques Blacher, and Thomas Weber -- Part IV. Clinical Involvement: Role of Age, Sex, Inflammatory and Metabolic Alterations -- 30. Modifications of Blood Pressure Profiles in the Very Old: Role of Frailty and Comorbidities / Athanase Benetos, Sylvie Gautier, and Michel E. Safar -- 31. Arterial Stiffness and Amplification in the Very Old / Athanase Benetos, Ghassan Watfa, Paolo Salvi, and Patrick Lacolley -- 32. Hypertension in Men and Women: Is It Different? / Harold Smulyan and Bruno Pannier -- 33. Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes and Smoking / Isabel Ferreira, Roel J.J. van de Laar, and Coen D.A. Stehouwer -- 34. Glucose, Insulin and Potential Strategies of Vascular Stiffening / Guanghong Jia, Annayya R. Aroor, Gerald A. Meininger, and James R. Sowers -- 35. Arterial Stiffness in Chronic Inflammation / Kaisa M. Mäki-Petäjä, Carmel M. McEniery, Stanley S. Franklin, and Ian B. Wilkinson -- Part V. Stratifications of Cardiovascular Risk and Therapeutic Consequences on Arterial Stiffness and Wave Reflections -- 36. Outcome-Driven Thresholds for Pulse Pressure on Office and Out-of-the-Office Blood Pressure Measurement / Yumei Gu, Lucas S. Aparicio, Yanping Liu, Kei Asayama, Tine W. Hansen, Teemu J. Niiranen, José Boggia, Lutgarde Thijs, and Jan A. Staessen -- 37. Properties of Central Arteries in Populations of Different Ethnicity: Ethnicity and Central Arteries / Augustine Nonso Odili, Yumei Gu, and Jan A. Staessen -- 38. Changing Concepts on the Role of Blood Pressure Reduction in Stroke Prevention with the Focus on β-Blocking Agents / Ji-Guang Wang, Feng-Hua Ding, Li-Hua Li, and Yan Li -- 39. Decreasing Arterial Stiffness and/or Wave Reflections Independently of Mean Arterial Pressure: Effect of Antihypertensive Drugs (Part 1) / Hélène Beaussier, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 40. Decreasing Arterial Stiffness and/or Wave Reflections Independently of Mean Arterial Pressure: Effect of Non-antihypertensive Drugs (Part 2) / Hélène Beaussier, Stéphane Laurent, and Pierre Boutouyrie -- 41. Blood Pressure Variability: Measurements, Influential Factors, Prognosis and Therapy / Yi Zhang, Davide Agnoletti, Alexandra Yannoutsos, Michel E. Safar, and Jacques Blacher -- 42. Nitrate: The Ideal Drug Action for Isolated Systolic Hypertension in Elderly? / Xiong J. Jiang and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 43. De-stiffening Strategy, Sodium Balance, and Blockade of the Renin-Angiotensin System / Athanase D. Protogerou, Michel E. Safar, Gerard E. Plante, and Jacques Blacher -- 44. Long-Term Effects of Calcium Channel Blockers on Central and Peripheral Arteries / Yoshio Matsui and Michael F. O'Rourke -- 45. Exercise Training for the Modification of Arterial Stiffness and Wave Reflections / Julian W. Sacre and Bronwyn A. Kingwell.
- 2007 SpringerWhite, William B.Self-monitoring of blood pressure -- Evaluation of journals, diaries, and indexes of work-site and environmental stress -- Ambulatory monitoring of blood pressure: devices, analysis, and clinical utility -- Validation and reliability of blood pressure monitors -- Circadian rhythmic and environmental determinants of 24-hour blood pressure regulation in normal and hypertensive conditions -- Circadian variation of blood pressure in the population at large -- Importance of heart rate in determining cardiovascular risk -- Sodium, potassium, the sympathetic nervous system, and the renin-angiotensin system: impact on the circadian variability in blood presure -- Prognostic value of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring -- Day/night pattern of myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death: interacting roles of the endogenous circadian system and behavioral triggers -- Seasonal, weekly and circadian variability of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke -- Ambulatory blood pressure in older patients -- Ambulatory blood pressure in children and adolescents -- Ambulatory blood pressure during pregnancy - Ambultory blood pressure in patients with chronic kidney disease -- Chronobiology and chronopharmacology of hypertension: importance of timing of dosing -- Advances in ambulatory blood pressure monitoring for the evaluation of antihypertensive therapy -- Ambultory blood pressure monitoring in clinical practice.
- 2006Awtry, Eric; Jeon, Cathy; Ware, Molly G.History -- Physical examination of the cardiovascular system -- The electrocardiogram -- Stress testing -- Echocardiography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Diagnostic modalities for arrhythmias -- Other imaging modalities -- Coronary artery disease-pathophysiology -- Dyslipidemia -- Chronic stable angina -- Unstable angina and non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction -- Complications of myocardial infarction -- Cardiovascular hemodynamics -- Mechanisms of heart failure -- Clinical manifestations and treatment of heart failure -- Myocarditis -- The cardiomyopathies -- Mechanisms of arrhythmogenesis -- Tachyarrhythmias -- Bradyarrhythmias (bradycardia and heart block) -- Syncope -- Sudden cardiac death -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Rheumatic fever -- Disorders of the aortic valve -- Disorders of the mitral valve -- Infective endocarditis -- Prosthetic heart valves -- Pericarditis -- Cardiac tamponade -- Constrictive pericarditis -- Hypertension -- Peripheral arterial disorders -- Diseases of the aorta -- Carotid arterial disease -- Deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolic disease -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation -- Congenital heart disease -- Pregnancy and cardiovascular disease -- Traumatic heart disease -- Cardiac tumors.
- 2011 SpringerBonser, Robert S.; Haverich, A.; Pagano, Domenico.Molecular and biochemical basis of brain injury following heart surgery: interventions for the future -- Cardiopulmonary bypass circuit and the brain -- Neurological and cognitive sequelae of cardiac surgery -- Neurocognitive decline following cardiac surgery: incidence, risk factors, prevention, and outcomes -- Neuropathology of brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Biochemical markers of brain injury -- Pitfalls of neuropsychometric assessment and alternative investigative approaches -- Imaging of the brain in cardiac surgery as a tool in brain protection studies -- Current techniques of emboli detection and their utility in brain protection studies -- Intraoperative brain monitoring in cardiac surgery -- Near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring in cardiac surgery: theory, practice, and utility -- The design and methodology of clinical studies on neuroprotection in cardiac surgery -- Temperature and brain protection in cardiac surgery -- Studies of nonpharmacological interventions to reduce brain injury -- Pharmacological studies to reduce brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Off-pump and on-pump coronary artery surgery and the brain -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in pediatric heart surgery -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in aortic arch surgery -- The future of brain protection in cardiac surgery.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyBonow, Robert O.; Braunwald, Eugene; Libby, Peter; Mann, Douglas L.; Zipes, Douglas P.Global burden of cardiovascular disease -- Heart disease in varied populations -- Ethics in cardiovascular medicine -- Clinical decision making in cardiology -- Measurement and improvement of quality of care : relevance to cardiovascular clinical practice -- Critical evaluation of clinical trials -- Personalized and precision cardiovascular medicine -- Principles of cardiovascular genetics -- Drug therapeutics and personalized medicine -- Biomarkers, proteomics, metabolomics, and personalized medicine -- The history and physical examination : an evidence-based approach -- Electrocardiography -- Exercise testing -- Echocardiography -- The chest radiograph in cardiovascular disease -- Nuclear cardiology -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Cardiac computed tomography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Coronary arteriography and intracoronary imaging -- Mechanisms of cardiac contraction and relaxation -- Pathophysiology of heart failure -- Clinical assessment of heart failure -- Diagnosis and management of acute heart failure -- Management of patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction -- Devices for monitoring and managing heart failure -- Heart failure with a preserved ejection fraction -- Surgical management of heart failure -- Mechanical circulatory support -- Cardiovascular regeneration and gene therapy -- Care of patients with end-stage heart disease -- Genetics of cardiac arrhythmias -- Genesis of cardiac arrhythmias : electrophysiologic considerations -- Diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias -- Therapy for cardiac arrhythmias -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Specific arrhythmias : diagnosis and treatment -- Atrial fibrillation : clinical features, mechanisms, and management -- Cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Hypotension and syncope -- The vascular biology of atherosclerosis -- Risk markers and the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Systemic hypertension : mechanisms and diagnosis -- Systemic hypertension : management -- Lipoprotein disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Nutrition and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases -- Exercise-based, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation -- Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease -- Coronary blood flow and myocardial ischemia -- Approach to the patient with chest pain -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : pathology, pathophysiology, and clinical features -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : management -- Non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Stable ischemic heart disease -- Percutaneous coronary intervention -- Transcatheter therapies for structural heart disease in adults -- Diseases of the aorta -- Peripheral artery diseases -- Prevention and management of ischemic stroke -- Treatment of noncoronary obstructive vascular disease -- Diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Congenital heart disease -- Valvular heart disease -- Cardiovascular infections -- The dilated, restrictive, and infiltrative cardiomyopathies -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Myocarditis -- Chemical cardiomyopathies -- Cardiovascular complications of cancer therapeutic agents -- Cardiovascular abnormalities in HIV-infected individuals -- Pericardial diseases -- Traumatic heart disease -- Pulmonary embolism -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly -- Cardiovascular disease in women -- Pregnancy and heart disease -- Exercise and sports cardiology -- Anesthesia and noncardiac surgery in patients with heart disease -- Endocrine disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Hemostasis, thrombosis, fibrinolysis, and cardiovascular disease -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic diseases and the cardiovascular system -- Tumors affecting the cardiovascular system -- Psychiatric and behavioral aspects of cardiovascular disease -- Neurologic disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Interface between renal disease and cardiovascular illness -- Cardiovascular manifestations of autonomic disorders.
- 2012 SpringerYee-Ki, Lee; Chung-Wah, Siu.Calcium Handling in hiPSC-Derived Cardiomyocytes -- Myocardial Infarction and Heart Failure -- Embryonic Stem Cells/Pluripotent Stem Cells -- Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (hiPSC)-Derived Cardiomyocytes as a Source for Cardiac Regeneration -- Spontaneous Cardiac Differentiation -- Mesoderm Enrichment by Wnt-Signaling Growth Factors -- Endoderm-Like Cell (END)-2 Co-culture Method -- Calcium Homeostasis in Cardiomyocytes -- Sarcoplasmic Reticulum (SR) Governs Maturity of Cardiomyocytes -- SR Junctional Proteins Play a Role in Calcium Flux Between Cytosol and SR -- Spatial and Temporal Ca2+ Wavefront Dictated by T-Tubule Structure -- IP3-Mediated Calcium Release Contributes to Whole-Cell Calcium Transients -- Calcium Handling Properties of hES-Derived Cardiomyocytes -- Calcium Handling Properties of hiPSC-Derived Cardiomyocytes -- iPSC-Derived Cardiomyocyte as a Potential Platform for Disease Modeling of the Impaired Calcium Handling-Related Syndrome -- Disease Modeling of Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia (CPVT) -- Mitochondrial Dysfunction-Related Cardiomyopathy-Impaired SR Ca2+ Reuptake -- Measurement of Cytosolic [Ca2+] by Fluorescence Confocal Microscopy -- Materials -- Calibration of Fluo-3 -- Isolation of hiPSC- and hESC-Derived Cardiomyocytes -- Recording of Cytosolic [Ca2+] -- RT-qPCR of Calcium Handling Proteins.
- 2013 SpringerKaestner, Lars.Summary -- Introduction -- Direct evidence - the digital approach -- Fluorescence-based visualisation -- Aequorin-based measurements -- Measurement of calcium transport across membranes -- Molecular biology based approaches -- Manipulation of calcium -- Calcium-induced function -- Calcium signalling in cardiac myocytes -- Calcium signalling in red blood cells -- Perspective -- Calcium Signalling Methodology -- Non-linear and ultra high-speed imaging for explorations of the murine and human heart -- A system for optical high resolution screening of electrical excitable cells -- Concepts for optical high content screens of excitable primary isolated cells -- A primary culture system for sustained expression of a calcium sensor in preserved adult rat ventricular myocytes -- Calcium imaging of individual erythrocytes: Problems and approaches -- Calcium Signalling in Cardiac Myocytes -- Reduced Cardiac L-Type Ca²+ Current in Cav€ ₂ -/- Embryos Impairs Cardiac Development and Contraction With Secondary Defects in Vascular Maturation -- Overexpression of junctin causes adaptive changes in cardiac myocyte Ca²+ signaling -- Remodelling of Ca²+ handling organelles in adult rat ventricular myocytes during longterm culture -- Functional and morphological preservation of adult ventricular myocytes in culture by sub-micromolar cytochalasin D supplement -- Calcium Signalling in Red Blood Cells -- The non-selective voltage-activated cation channel in the human red blood cell membrane: reconciliation between two conflicting reports and further characterisation -- Ion channels in the human red blood cell membrane: Their further investigation and physiological relevance -- Prostaglandin E₂ activates channelmediated calcium entry in human erythrocytes: An indication for a blood clot formation supporting process -- Functional NMDA receptors in rat erythrocytes -- Stimulation of human red blood cells leads to Ca²+-mediated intercellular adhesion -- Lysophospatidic acid induced red blood cell aggregation in vitro -- Regulation of phosphatidylserine exposure in red blood cells -- Cation Channels in Erythrocytes - Historical and Future Perspective.
- 2013 SpringerDhalla, Naranjan S.; Oštá̕dal, Bohuslav.The processes of adaptation and maladaptation play an important role in the pathogeny of serious cardiovascular diseases, such as hypertension, valvular diseases, congenital heart disease, myocardial infarction and different cardiomyopathies as well as during adaptation to exercise and high altitude hypoxia. This volume incorporates the rapidly developing basic and clinically relevant information on adaptive mechanisms, thereby contributing to the better understanding of possible prevention and therapy of life-threatening cardiovascular diseases. The first section of this volume focuses on developmental aspects of cardiac adaptation, including chapters on comparative and molecular aspects of cardiac development, prenatal and postnatal developments, coronary vascular development, and ontogenetic adaptation to hypoxia, as well as cardiac and arterial adaptation during aging. The second section is devoted to cardiac adaptations to overload on the heart, centered around the mechanisms of cardiac hypertrophy due to pressure overload, volume overload, exercise, gender difference, high altitude, and different pathological situations. The third section of this volume highlights the roles of sympathetic nervous system with respect to [alpha]-adrenoceptor and [beta]-adrenoceptor mechanisms in the development of cardiac hypertrophy. Cardiac Adaptations will be of great value to cardiovascular investigators, who will find this book highly useful in their cardiovascular studies for finding solutions in diverse pathological conditions; it will also appeal to students, fellows, scientists, and clinicians interested in cardiovascular abnormalities.
- Cardiac arrhythmias 2005 : proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Cardiac Arrhythmias (Venice, 2-5 October 2005)2006 SpringerRaviele, Antonio.
- 2014 SpringerKibos, Ambrose S.The past 50 years have witnessed the growth and evolution of clinical electrophysiology from a field whose goals were simply to understand of the mechanisms of arrhythmia to one of significant therapeutic impact. The development and refinement of implantable devices and catheter ablation have made non-pharmacological therapy a treatment of choice for most arrhythmias encountered in clinical practice. Cardiac Arrhythmias: From Basic Mechanism To State-of-the-Art Management provides an electrophysiologic approach to arrhythmias predicated on the hypothesis that a better understanding of the mechanisms of arrhythmias will lead to more successful and rationally chosen therapy. It encompasses the anatomy of arrhythmias, diagnostic methods, comorbid diseases, and the treatment of all forms of cardiac arrhythmias. It discusses modern ablation and mapping techniques, while reviews the methodology required to define the mechanism and site of origin of arrhythmias, so that safe and effective therapy can be chosen. It will thus be of interest to all involved in the management of these patients, from clinical cardiac electrophysiologists themselves to clinical cardiologists, interventionalists, cardiac surgeons, emergency medicine physicians and researchers in basic cardiac science.
- 2009 SpringerEfimov, Igor R.; Kroll, Mark W.; Tchou, Patrick J.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyRagosta, Michael.Patient evaluation -- Vascular access and hemostasis -- Complications of cardiac catheterization -- Right and left heart catheterization : Pt. 1. Performance of right and left heart catheterization -- Right and left heart catheterization : Pt. 2. Collecting and analyzing hemodynamic data -- Classic hemodynamic waveforms in common pathologic conditions -- Left ventriculography -- Aortography -- Right ventriculography and pulmonary angiography -- Basic coronary angiography -- Ischemic heart disease : coronary physiology and manifestations of coronary atherosclerosis -- Ischemic heart disease : bypass graft angiography -- Advanced coronary angiography -- Coronary anomalies -- Support devices -- Pericardiocentesis and balloon pericardial window -- Endomyocardial biopsy -- Evaluation of prosthetic heart valves.
- 2015 SpringerButera, Gianfranco.Congenital cardiology continues to advance at a rapid pace, with recent decades witnessing exceptional growth in the number and range of catheter-based interventions. This handbook is an ideal, up-to-date guide to the application of these procedures across the entire patient age range, from fetal life through to adulthood. Clear instruction is offered on techniques of vascular access, valve dilatation, angioplasty, stent implantation, defect closure, defect creation, pulmonary valve implantation, and the hybrid approach, as well as miscellaneous other procedures. Topics are approached using a step-by-step format, ensuring that the reader will immediately be able to access information relevant to daily practice. Many explanatory figures and drawings are included in each chapter in order to clarify further how to plan, perform, and evaluate diagnostic and interventional procedures in the field of congenital heart disease. Attention is drawn to important tips and tricks that will assist in achieving optimal outcomes. Besides the detailed descriptions of procedures, background information is provided on patient preparation, anesthesia, instrumentation, and hemodynamics. At the end of the book, an appendix includes additional general equations and BSA and oxygen consumption charts. This handbook will be an invaluable tool and a comprehensive companion for all who work in the field of congenital heart disease.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyKern, Morton J.; Lim, Michael J.; Sorajja, Paul.This unique, easy-to-access handbook returns with enhanced coverage and clear instructions on what to expect, what to avoid, and how to manage complications in the cath lab. Ideal for cardiologists who need a quick clinical primer on cardiac catheterization, it offers easy access to information on the latest diagnostic and treatment advances necessary for optimal patient care. Straightforward, easy-to-understand approach and pocket-sized format are ideal for reference on the go. Covers vascular closure devices, radial artery catheterization, congenital heart disease, and drug-coated, carotid,
- 2002 Springer ProtocolsMetzger, Joseph Mark.
- 2014 SpringerSaremi, Farhood.This book is a state-of-the art reference that presents computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) cardiac imaging for the diagnosis and treatment planning of adult congenital heart disease (ACHD). It highlights the advantages of CT and MR in the management of ACHD, focusing on the complementary collaboration between these two modalities where possible. CT and MR aids in the evaluation of cardiac anatomy and function, leading to the demonstration of the full spectrum of abnormalities in complex cardiac malformations and the discovery of anomalous pathologies missed by other imaging techniques.
- 2015 SpringerPelberg, Robert.
- 2006 SpringerBudoff, Matthew J.; Shinbane, Jerold S.
- 2010 SpringerBudoff, Matthew J.; Shinbane, Jerold S.CT has long been considered an accurate technique in the assessment of cardiac structure and function, but advances in computing power and scanning technology have resulted in its increasing popularity. This book collates all relevant imaging findings of the use of cardiac CT and presents them in a relevant and practical manner.
- Cardiac CT made easy : an introduction to cardiovascular multidetector computed tomography. Second edition [2nd ed.].2014 CRCnetBASEHalliburton, Sandra S.; Schoenhagen, Paul; Schultz, Carl J."Since the first publication of this book, the use of cardiovascular CT imaging has increased exponentially. This revised and updated edition captures these advances in CT scanner technology and clinical experience. Combining the experience of leading cardiovascular imaging groups in North America, Europe, and Asia, this edition focuses on appropriate use and impact on clinical outcome. Maintaining its character as an understandable introduction to the field, it discusses the principles of multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) for cardiovascular applications, practical aspects of scan acquisition and interpretation, clinical indications and imaging protocols, and clinical findings of common cardiovascular disease conditions. The ebook edition is in VitalBook Bookshelf, an ebook reader which allows you to: Access the eBook online or download it to access it offline on your smartphone, tablet or PC/Mac, Search the full text of all of the eBooks that you hold on your Bookshelf for instant access to the information you need, Watch imaging video clips, Make and share notes and highlights, Copy and paste text and figures for use in your own documents and presentations, Customize your view by changing font size and layout."--Provided by publisher.
- 2014 SpringerDewey, Marc.Cardiac computed tomography (CT) has become a highly accurate diagnostic modality that continues to attract increasing attention. This extensively illustrated book aims to assist the reader in integrating cardiac CT into daily clinical practice, while also reviewing its current technical status and applications. Clear guidance is provided on the performance and interpretation of imaging using the latest technology, which offers greater coverage, better spatial resolution, and faster imaging while also providing functional information about cardiac diseases. The specific features of scanners from all four main vendors, including those that have only recently become available, are presented. Among the wide range of applications and issues discussed are coronary calcium scoring, coronary artery bypass grafts, stents, and anomalies, cardiac valves and function, congenital and acquired heart disease, and radiation exposure. Upcoming clinical uses of cardiac CT, such as hybrid imaging, preparation and follow-up after valve replacement, electrophysiology applications, myocardial perfusion and fractional flow reserve assessment, and plaque imaging, are also explored.
- 2011 SpringerDewey, Marc.Technical and personnel requirements -- Anatomy -- CT in the context of cardiovascular diagnosis and management -- Cardiac CT in clinical practice -- Clinical indications -- Patient preparation -- Physics background and radiation exposure -- Examination and reconstruction -- Toshiba Aquilion 64 and Aquilion ONE -- Siemens Somatom Sensation and definition -- Philips Brilliance 64 and Ict -- General Electric Light Speed VCT and Discovery CT750HD -- Reading and reporting -- Coronary artery bypass grafts -- Coronary artery stents -- Coronary artery plaques -- Cardiac function -- Cardiac valves -- Coronary artery anomalies -- Congenital and acquired heart disease -- Typical clinical examples -- Results of clinical studies -- Outlook.
- 2007 SpringerKhan, M. I. Gabriel.
- 2015 SpringerKhan, M. I. Gabriel.This book is an essential guide to the medical treatment of the cardiac patient and presents core principles of cardiovascular therapeutics as well as drug recommendations. Major classes of drugs are featured, including beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, calcium antagonists, diuretics, and antiplatelet agents and unique insights into the controversies surrounding the use of specific drugs are explored, with answers given to the question: do beta blockers and diuretics really cause diabetes? Properties, dosage, side effects, potential salutary benefits, and drawbacks on virtually all commercially available cardiac drugs are examined. This revised edition is thoroughly updated and addresses the entire spectrum of heart disorders, such as hypertension, angina, myocardial infarction, heart failure, arrhythmias, cardiac arrest, and dyslipidemias. New chapters include endocrine heart diseases, management of cardiomyopathies, and newer agents. In addition, topics such as cardiac drugs in pregnancy and lactation and drug interactions are covered. Cardiac Drug Therapy, Eighth Edition, is an authoritative and clinically relevant resource for cardiologists, cardiology fellows, and internists.
- 2014 SpringerAnthony, John; Sliwa, Karen.In the western world, the risk of cardiovascular disease in pregnancy has grown due to the increasing age at the first pregnancy and the worldwide obesity epidemic leading to early diabetes and hypertension. As a result more women are requiring drug therapy during pregnancy and some data has shown an altered pharmacodynamic profile in pregnant women when compared to the non-pregnant population. Cardiac Drugs in Pregnancy presents up-to-date research for the treatment of cardiovascular disease during pregnancy, and discusses the most important indications of drug usage in pregnancy and postpartum. The book aims to assess the potential risk of drugs and their possible benefit against each other, making it an essential read for a wide range of health professionals involved in cardiac drug therapy in pregnancy.
- 2011 SpringerAl-Ahmad, Amin; DiMarco, John; Natale, Andrea; Wang, Paul J.
- 2014 ScienceDirect2014 ClinicalKeyJalife, José; Zipes, Douglas P.Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside puts the latest knowledge in this subspecialty at your fingertips, giving you a well-rounded, expert grasp of every cardiac electrophysiology issue that affects your patient management. Drs. Zipes, Jalife, and a host of other world leaders in cardiac electrophysiology use a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to guide you through all of the most recent cardiac drugs, techniques, and technologies. Get well-rounded, expert views of every cardiac electrophysiology issue that affects your patient management from preeminent authorities in cardiology, physiology, pharmacology, pediatrics, biophysics, pathology, cardiothoracic surgery, and biomedical engineering from around the world.Visually grasp and easily absorb complex concepts through an attractive full-color design featuring color photos, tables, flow charts, ECGs, and more!
- 2010 SpringerSigg, Daniel.Basic cardiac electrophysiology: excitable membranes -- Cardiac action potentials, ion channels, and gap junctions -- Anatomy and physiology of the cardiac conduction system -- The electrocardiogram and clinical cardiac electrophysiology -- Clinical cardiac electrophysiology : an overview of its evolution -- Principles of electrophysiological in vitro measurements -- Cardiac cellular electrophysiological modeling -- Computer modeling of electrical activation : from cellular dynamics to the whole heart -- Detection and measurement of cardiac ion channels -- Cell culture models and methods -- Isolated tissue models -- Isolated heart models -- Small animal models for arrhythmia studies -- Use of large animal models for cardiac electrophysiology studies -- Optical mapping and calcium imaging -- Electrophysiology of single cardiomyocytes : patch clamp and other recording methods -- Invasive electroanatomical mapping and navigation -- Cardiac electrophysiological imaging : solving the inverse problem of electrocardiography -- Traditional electrophysiological mapping -- Multi-channel system for analysis of cardiac rhythmicity and conductivity in vitro -- Cardiac CT/MRI imaging for electrophysiology -- Introduction to translational research -- Clinical perspective : electrophysiology in the young and patients with congenital heart disease.
- 2014 SpringerDhalla, Naranjan S.; Lopaschuk, Gary David.Part I. Control of Energy Metabolism -- A Primer on Carbohydrate Metabolism in the Heart / Heinrich Taegtmeyer -- Lipoproteins: A Source of Cardiac Lipids / Konstantinos Drosatos and Ira J. Goldberg -- Role of Lipoprotein Lipase in Fatty Acid Delivery to the Heart / Andrea Wan and Brian Rodrigues -- Control of Myocardial Fatty Acid Uptake / Jan F. C. Glatz and Joost J. F. P. Luiken -- Cardiac Energy Metabolism in Heart Failure Associated with Obesity and Diabetes / Gary D. Lopaschuk -- Transcriptional Control of Mitochondrial Biogenesis and Maturation / Rick B. Vega , Teresa C. Leone , and Daniel P. Kelly -- Relationship Between Substrate Metabolism and Cardiac Efficiency / Ellen Aasum -- Acetylation in the Control of Mitochondrial Metabolism and Integrity / Michael N. Sack -- Part II. Alteration in Energy Metabolism -- Adrenergic Control of Cardiac Fatty Acid Oxidation in Diabetes / Vijay Sharma and John H. McNeill -- The Myocardial Creatine Kinase System in the Normal, Ischaemic and Failing Heart / Craig A. Lygate and Stefan Neubauer -- Fuel Metabolism Plasticity in Pathological Cardiac Hypertrophy and Failure / Stephen C. Kolwicz and Rong Tian -- Defects in Mitochondrial Oxidative Phosphorylation in Hearts Subjected to Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury / Vijayan Elimban , Paramjit S. Tappia , and Naranjan S. Dhalla -- The Role of AMPK in the Control of Cardiac Hypertrophy / Nikole J. Byrne, Miranda M. Sung, and Jason R. B. Dyck -- The Role of Incomplete Fatty Acid β-Oxidation in the Development of Cardiac Insulin Resistance / John R. Ussher -- Part III. Optimization of Energy Metabolism -- Metabolic Therapy for the Ischemic Heart / Giacinta Guarini , Alda Huqi , and Mario Marzilli -- Inhibition of Fatty Acid Oxidation to Treat Heart Failure in Patients / Rui Yan , Jin Wei , and Dengfeng Gao -- Cardiac Metabolic Protection for the Newborn Heart / J. Carter Ralphe and Thomas D. Scholz -- Targeting Transcriptional Control of Fatty Acid Oxidation to Treat Heart Disease / Michael A. Portman and Aaron K. Olson.
- 2015 SpringerDixon, Ian M. C.; Wigle, Jeffrey.Cardiac fibrosis and heart failure-- cause or effect? -- Fibroblast activation in the infarcted myocardium -- Mechanical and matrix regulation of valvular fibrosis -- Bone marrow-derived progenitor cells, micro-RNA, and fibrosis -- The stressful life of cardiac myofibroblasts -- Pathogenic origins of fibrosis in the hypertensive heart disease that accompnaies aldosternoism -- Embryological origin of valve progenitor cells -- Diverse cellular origin of valve progenitor cells -- Diverse cellular origins of cardiac fibroblasts -- Non-canonical regulation of TGF-β1 signaling: a role for Ski/Sno and YAP/TAZ -- Molecular mechanisms of smooth muscle and fibroblast phenotype conversions in the failing heart -- Current and future strategies for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac fibrosis -- Remodelling of the cardiac extracellular matrix: role of collagen degradation and accumulation in pathogenesis of heart failure -- Matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) -- Collagen processing and its role in fibrosis -- Mechanisms of cardiac fibrosis and heart failure -- Mathematical simulations of sphingosine-1-phosphate actions on mammalian ventricular myofibroblasts and myocytes -- Extracellular matrix and cardiac disease: surgical and scientific perspectives -- The role or neurohumoral activation in cardiac fibrosis and heart failure -- Natriuretic peptides: critical regulators of cardiac fibroblasts and the extracellular matrix in the heart -- Cardiac tissue engineering for the treatment of heart failure post-infarction -- Mechanisms in cardiac valve failure and the development of tissue engineered heart valves -- Index.
- 2007 Springer ProtocolsRokosh, Gregg; Zhang, Jun.
- 2010 Thieme BookBardo, Dianna M. E.; Restrepo, Carlos Santiago.RadCases contains cases selected to simulate everything that you'll see on your rounds, rotations, and exams. RadCases also helps you identify the correct differential diagnosis for each case - including the most critical. RadCases covers: Cardiac Imaging, Interventional Radiology, Musculoskeletal Imaging, Neuro Imaging, Chest Imaging, Pediatric Imaging, Gastrointestinal Imaging, Breast Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound Imaging, Head and Neck Imaging, and Genitourinary Imaging.
- 2008 ThiemeClaussen, Claus.Ischemic heart disease / S. Miller, U. Kramer -- Heart failure / R. Riessen -- Acquired valvular heart diseases / U. Kramer -- Cardiomyopathy / S. Miller -- Inflammatory heart diseases / S. Miller -- Hypertension / R. Riessen -- Tumors and other masses / M. Fenchel -- Trauma / U. Kramer -- Congenital heart diseases / M. Fenchel -- Diseases of the great vessels / U. Kramer -- Standard planes of section / S. Miller.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyReddy, Gautham P.; Steiner, Robert M.; Walker, Christopher M.Also available: Print – 2014
- 2009Abbara, Suhny; Boxt, Lawrence M.; Miller, Stephen W.Part I. Imaging Modalities -- 1. The Elements of Cardiac Imaging / Stephen Miller -- 2. Echocardiography / Mary Etta King and Kaitlyn Lam -- 3. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Lawrence Boxt and Amgad Makaryus -- 4. Cardiac Angiography / Stephen Miller and Anand Soni -- 5. Cardiac CT / Lawrence Boxt and Amgad Makaryus -- Part II. Specific Diseases -- 6. Valvular Heart Disease / Stephen Miller and Anand Soni -- 7. Ischemic Heart Disease / Stephen Miller -- 8. Coronary CTA / Suhny Abbara -- 9. Pericardial and Myocardial Disease / Suhny Abbara and Stephen Miller -- 10. Congenital Heart Disease / Laureen Sena, Stephen Miller, and Lawrence Boxt -- 11. Thoracic Aortic Disease / John Santilli.
- 2009 Thieme BookThelen, Manfred.Conventional radiography -- Echocardiography -- Angiography -- Nuclear medicine imaging -- Computed tomography -- Magnetic resonance imaging -- Heart defects and endocarditis -- Coronary heart disease -- Cardiomyopathies and myocarditis -- Cardiac tumors -- Diseases of the pericardium -- Diseases of the great pulmonary vessels -- Diseases of the thoracic aorta.
- 2012 SpringerAuricchio, Angelo; Rademakers, F. E.; Singh, Jagmeet.Part I. Technology Evaluation -- 1. Imaging-Based Heart Anatomy / Francesco Fulvio Faletra, Ann C. Garlitski, François Regoli, and Natesa G. Pandian -- 2. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Description of Technology and Protocols / Gaston R. Vergara and Nassir F. Marrouche -- 3. Cardiac Computed Tomography: Description of Technology and Protocols / Quynh A. Truong, Subodh B. Joshi, and Udo Hoffmann -- 4. Nuclear-Based Imaging: Description of Technology and Protocols / Juhani Knuuti -- 5. Echocardiography: Technology and Protocols / José Zamorano and José Alberto de Agustín -- Part II. Catheter Ablation -- 6. Anatomy Assessment for Atrial Arrhythmias / Sheldon M. Singh and Andre D'Avila -- 7. Anatomical Assessment for Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia / Paolo Della Bella, Giuseppe Maccabelli, and Corrado Carbucicchio -- 8. Intra-Procedural Techniques: Fluoroscopy and Angiography / Matthew Wright, Sébastien Knecht, and Pierre Jaïs -- 9. Intraprocedural Techniques: Transesophageal (2D/3D) and Intracardiac Echocardiography / Josef Kautzner and Petr Peichl -- 10. Intraprocedural Techniques: Angioscopy and Optical Imaging / Paul J. Wang, Amin Al-Ahmad, Henry H. Hsia, Paul C. Zei, Mintu Turakhia, Marco Perez, and Christian S. Eversull -- 11. Contact and Noncontact Electroanatomical Mapping / Narayanan Namboodiri, Anthony G. Brooks, and Prashanthan Sanders -- 12. The Role of Imaging for Catheter Ablation in the Pediatric Population / John Triedman -- Part III. Device Therapy -- 13. Substrate Assessment: Echocardiography, MRI, and CCT / Victoria Delgado, Matteo Bertini, Rutger J. van Bommel, C. Jan Willem Borleffs, Martin J. Schalij, and Jeroen J. Bax -- 14. Dyssynchrony Evaluation: Echocardiography / John Gorcsan III -- 15. Dyssynchrony Evaluation: MRI and CCT / Kenneth Bilchick, Eliot McVeigh, and Albert Lardo -- 16. Nuclear Imaging for Device Therapy / Amparo L. Figueroa and Ahmed Tawakol -- 17. Post-CRT Imaging Based Optimization / Veronica Lea J. Dimaano, Aurélio C. Pinheiro, and Theodore P. Abraham -- 18. Sudden Cardiac Risk Assessment / Stephan Danik and Jagmeet Singh -- Part IV. Advances in Navigation and Integration -- 19. MRI/CCT Fusion into Fluoroscopic Imaging / Nassir F. Marrouche and Gaston R. Vergara -- 20. Magnetic Navigation: Description of Technique, Advantages, and Technical Issues / Sabine Ernst -- 21. Magnetic and Robotic Navigation / Bruce D. Lindsay and Oussama Wazni.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyAbbara, Suhny; Boxt, Lawrence M.Introduction to cardiac imaging / Lawrence M. Boxt and Suhny Abbara -- Echocardiography / Kaitlyn My-Tu Lam and Mary Etta E. King -- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging / Amgad N. Makaryus and Lawrence M. Boxt -- Cardiac computed tomography / Amgad N. Makaryus and Lawrence M. Boxt -- Coronary heart disease / Nagina Malguria and Suhny Abbara -- Myocardium, pericardium, and cardiac tumor / Nagina Malguria, Stephen W. Miller, and Suhny Abbara -- Valvular heart disease / Suhny Abbara and Nagina Malguria -- Thoracic aortic disease / Steven L. Hsu, Sanjeeva Kalva, John G. Santilli, and Stephen W. Miller -- Congenital heart disease / B. Kelly Han, Stephen W. Miller, and Lawrence M. Boxt.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyBrown, David L.; Jeremias, Allen.The new edition of Cardiac Intensive Care--the only textbook dedicated to cardiac intensive care medicine--chronicles the progress made in the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of patients with critical cardiac illness. Editors Allen Jeremias, MD, MSc and David L. Brown, MD present the landmark discoveries, greater understanding of syndromes, and technological advancements that have helped make clinical cardiology a progressive and interventional field. You'll get coverage of the plethora of noncoronary diseases in the CICU, as well as a complete compendium of up-to-date pharmacologic agents. The new full-color design and layout and nine new chapters give you the latest theoretical, technical, diagnostic, and therapeutic advances in an accessible and visually appealing format. Moreover, the full text is available online at expertconsult.com. Features the authoritative perspectives of a stellar group of contributors - many of whom are the pioneers in the fields they cover - for the best available guidance. Provides the basic science framework for the clinical material through a section on the scientific foundation of cardiac intensive care to give you the complete picture. Presents a pharmacological introduction to the classes of drugs so you know which are most commonly used in the CICU. Covers which noncoronary diseases frequently result in admittance to the CICU to prepare you for those diagnoses that are not of a cardiac nature.
- 2013 SpringerKarunamuni, Ganga.Anatomy of the Cardiac Lymphatic System. A General Outline of the Cardiac Lymphatic System / Marios Loukas, Sameer Shah, Shivayogi Bhusnurmath, Bharti Shivayogi Bhusnurmath -- Development and Patterning of the Cardiac Lymphatic Network / Jörg Wilting, Jörg Männer -- The Cardiac Lymphatics and Heart Disease. The Link Between Lymphatic Obstruction and Congenital Heart Disease / Manish Bansal -- The Role of Lymphatics in Atherogenesis, Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, and Cardiac Transplantation / Shin Lin, Stanley G. Rockson -- The Lymphatics in Normal and Pathological Heart Valves / Ivana Kholová, Galina Dragneva, Seppo Ylä-Herttuala -- Therapeutic Applications Targeting the Cardiac Lymphatics in Heart Disease / Jae-Hyeong Park, Jin-Ok Jeong -- Imaging the Lymphatic System in Heart Transplantation and Its Immunological Implications / Kathryn Brown, Lindsey A. Edwards, Wilson Wong -- Cardiac Lymphatic Signaling. Tie Receptor Signaling in Cardiac Lymphangiogenesis / Xianghu Qu, H. Scott Baldwin -- VEGF Receptor Signaling in the Cardiac Lymphatics / Alexey Dashkevich, Karl B. Lemström, Antti I. Nykänen -- Hypoxia and the Cardiac Lymphatic System / Todd R. Wuest, P. Charles Lin -- The Potential of the Epicardium to Act as a Source of Lymphatic Cells / Linda Klotz, Paul Riley.
- 2015 SpringerAsteggiano, Riccardo; Barón Esquivias, Gonzalo.Introduction -- Physiopathology and toxic drugs heart effects -- Radiotherapy heart effects -- Cardiac imaging technology in cardio-oncology -- Evaluation of the oncologic patient before, during and after chemotherapy -- What drug/what possible complication -- What cancer type/what possible drug -- what cancer/what possible complication -- Management (prevention/diagnosis/evaluation/therapy) of hypertension -- Management (prevention/diagnosis/evaluation/therapy) of coronary disease and thrombo-embolic complication -- Management (prevention/diagnosis/evaluation/therapy) of arrhythmic complication -- Management (prevention/diagnosis/evaluation/therapy) of systolic dysfunction.
- 2007 SpringerTavi, Pasi; Weckström, Matti.
- 2010 OvidWoods, Susan L.Part I. Anatomy and Physiology -- Part II. Physiologic and Pathologic Responses -- Part III. Assessment of Heart Disease -- Part IV. Pathophysiology and Management of Heart Disease -- Part V. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- 2005 OvidBridges, Elizabeth J.; Froelicher, Erika S. Sivarajan; Motzer, Sandra Adams; Woods, Susan L.
- 2012 SpringerRamsdale, David R.; Rao, Archana.Cardiac pacing is one of the best examples where the developments in technology and the microchip industry have resulted in outstanding clinical benefits to patients, and it is likely that further innovation and miniaturization will continue to make this specialty a stimulating and exciting one. As pacing is being devolved from specialist to smaller cardiology centers and where pacemaker implantation is becoming the domain of cardiologists rather than surgeons, there is a need for practical clinical guidance to pacing issues that can be used alongside a comprehensive practical training program in an experienced pacing centre. Cardiac Pacing and Device Therapy is a practical reference for all those involved in the day-to-day care of paced patients and particularly for those cardiologists planning a career in this most interesting and exciting specialty, the so-called "device specialist". The text and images will give the reader a greater understanding of the type of technology and equipment that is currently available from the cardiac device industry. The book contains practical information on temporary and epicardial pacing, elective generator change, explant procedures, pacing in children, implantable cardioverter defibrillators, cardiac resynchronization therapy, troubleshooting in pacing and training guidelines/regulations for those intending to make a career in pacing/device implantation. As such, this book provides an superb illustrated introduction to those with an interest in cardiac pacing and device therapy, from trainees and clinical fellows through to consultant cardiologists involved in a pacemaker program, cardiac physiologists and other allied medical professionals.
- 2008 SpringerGoldschlager, Nora; Kusumoto, Fred.Pacing leads -- The pulse generator -- Modes of pacemaker function -- Implant techniques -- Transvenous left ventricular lead implantation -- Endocardial lead extraction -- Techniques for temporary pacing -- Difibrillator function and implantation -- Sinus node dysfunction -- Acquired atrioventricular block -- Cardiac resynchronization therapy for congestive heart failure -- Pacing therapies for atrical fibrillation -- Pacemakers and syncope -- Indications for implantable cardiovascular defibrillators -- Cardiac device therapy in children -- Cardiac pacing in the critical care setting -- Environmental effects on cardiac pacing systems -- Radiography of implantable arrhythmia management devices -- Follow-up management of the paced patient -- Follow-up of the patient with an implanted cardiac defibrillator.
- 2013 SpringerSuvarna, S. Kim.General Considerations and Anatomy -- Cardiac Electrophysiology -- Cardiac Imaging -- Current Therapeutics for Cardiac Disease -- The Heart at Autopsy -- Embryology of the Heart -- Ischemic Heart Disease -- Myocarditis/Inflammatory Cardiomyopathy -- Valvular Heart Disease -- Transplant Pathology -- Cardiomyopathies -- Cardiac Tumors -- Congenital Heart Disease -- Sudden Cardiac Death.
- 2007 SpringerDi Carli, Marcelo F.; Lipton, Martin J.
- 2005 SpringerHopkins, R. A.; Hopkins, R. A. (Richard A.); Xenakis, Thomas.
- 2007 SpringerKeteyian, Steven J.; Kraus, William E.
- 2011 SpringerNiebauer, Josef.General Principles of Exercise Testing in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- General Principles of Nutrition Support in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- Psychological Care of Cardiac Patients -- Exercise Training in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- Angina Pectoris -- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 and Cardiovascular Disease -- Cardiac Rehabilitation After Acute Myocardial Infarction: The Influence of Psychosocial Disorders -- Stable Coronary Artery Disease: Exercise-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation Reduces the Risk of Recurrent Angina after PCI in the Case of Arterial Hypertension -- Rehabilitation of Patients After CABG/Sternotomy -- Congestive Heart Failure: Stable Chronic Heart Failure Patients -- Cardiac Rehabilitation in Patients with Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator -- Exercise Training in Congenital Heart Diseases -- Pacemaker Implantation -- Patient with Peripheral Artery Disease.
- 2013 SpringerDhalla, Naranjan S.; Jugdutt, Bodh I.The main objective of Cardiac Remodeling: Molecular Mechanisms is to summarize the major research advances in molecular, biochemical and translational aspects of cardiac remodeling over the last 2 to 3 decades under one cover and touch on future directions. It provides a high profile and valuable publication resource on molecular mechanisms of cardiac remodeling for both the present and future generations of researchers, teachers, students and trainees. This book should stimulate future translational research targeted towards discovery and development for preventing, limiting and reversing bad remodeling over the next few decades, with the ultimate goal of preventing progression to systolic and/or diastolic heart failure. The chapters suggest potential novel strategies that should receive attention for translating basic research knowledge to application in patients at the bedside.
- Cardiac safety of noncardiac drugs : practical guidelines for clinical research and drug development2005 SpringerGussak, Ihor; Morganroth, Joel.
- 2015 SpringerFreeman, Andrew M.; Weinberger, Howard D.
- 2008Cohn, Lawrence H.
- 2012 AccessSurgeryCohn, Lawrence H.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyDoty, Donald B.; Doty, John R."Cardiac Surgery: Operative Technique, by Drs. Donald B. Doty and John R. Doty, is your essential source on how to perform today's full range of cardiac surgical techniques. Over 1,000 crisp illustrations and expert, evidence-based discussions guide you step by step, equipping you to perform all of the latest procedures and get the best outcomes."--Publisher's website.
- 2013 SpringerBasso, Cristina; Thiene, Gaetano; Valente, Marialuisa.Cardiac tumors were once a nosographic entity of scarce clinical interest because of the rarity and of the intrinsic diagnostic and therapeutic impossibilities, and were considered a fatal morbid entity. It has now become a topical subject due to advances in clinical imaging (echo, magnetic resonance, computed tomography) as well as innovation in technologies of in-vivo diagnosis. Cardiac Tumor Pathology presents a spectacular example of these advances with clinico-pathologic correlations. This timely volume covers history, epidemiology, demographics, clinical diagnosis, pathology, imaging by echo, CT and MRI of both benign and malignant cardiac tumors, either primary or secondary. Chemotherapy of malignant neoplasms is also addressed. Special emphasis is given to clinico-pathologic correlations. With all chapters written by experts in their fields, this volume will serve as a useful resource for physicians dealing with, and interested in, this special branch of cardiac oncology and will represent a useful guide for pathologists, clinicians, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, and radiologists as well as for postgraduate students training in these areas.
- 2013 SpringerRajamannan, Nalini M.Experimental studies in the field of cardiac valve biology are now demonstrating that the cardiac valve disease process is an active biology with risk factors analogous to vascular risk factors. Understanding the risk factors is also evolving rapidly, giving physicians and scientists insight into the cellular mechanisms and raising the possibility of treating these valve lesions with other options besides surgical valve repair. Our knowledge of right-sided valve lesions is also rapidly becoming important in the field of valvular medicine. Not only is the pathology different from left-sided valve lesions, but the hemodynamic compromise is more complex and difficult to treat in patients who develop tricuspid or pulmonic valve disease. Early diagnosis and careful management of this patient population is critical for long term outcomes in this patient population. Cardiac Valvular Medicine represents an overview of the most recent science, clinical trials and new discoveries in the field of valvular heart disease. The editor has assembled a team of highly experienced contributors to provide a thorough translational understanding of the current and future treatments for this patient population. Cardiologists, internists, family practice physicians, cardiac surgeons and basic scientists will all find enormous benefit from this textbook.
- 2011 SpringerAdelmann, Gabriel A.
- 2006 SpringerHollenberg, Steven M.; Walker, Tracy.Acute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyCrawford, Michael H.; DiMarco, John P.; Paulus, Walter.Offers a problem-based approach that integrates basic science, diagnostic investigations, and therapeutic management in one place for each cardiovascular disease so you can quickly find all of the actionable knowledge you need without flipping from one section to another. Features introductory bulleted highlights in each chapter that present the most pertinent information at a glance. Presents abundant algorithms to expedite clinical decision making. Includes more than 2,000 illustrations, color photographs, tables, and ECGs that capture clinical manifestations as they present in practice, and promote readability and retention.
- 2014 ScienceDirect2014 ClinicalKeyLevine, Glenn N.Get quick answers to the most important clinical questions with Cardiology Secrets! Using the popular and trusted Secret Series Q&A format, this easy-to-read cardiology book provides rapid access to the practical, "in-the-trenches" know-how you need to succeed both in practice, and on cardiology board and recertification exams. Get the evidence-based guidance you need to provide optimal care for your patients with cardiac heart diseases.Explore effective solutions to a full range of clinical issues including the general examination, diagnostic procedures, arrhythmias, symptoms and disease states, valvular heart disease, cardiovascular pharmacology, and other medical conditions with associated cardiac involvement.Zero in on key information with bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from the leading cardiologists, and "Key Points" boxes that provide a concise overview of important board-relevant content.Review essential material efficiently with the "Top 100 Secrets in Cardiology" - perfect for last-minute study or self-assessment.
- 2015 Springer ProtocolsFerran, Maureen C.; Skuse, Gary R.This volume has been assembled for scientists interested in basic and applied biomedical research directed toward understanding the development, genetics, and function of cardiomyocytes. The methods and protocols contained within it address cell culture techniques, cardiomyocyte differentiation and redifferentiation, experimental induction of cardiomyopathies, introducing genes into cardiomyocytes, genomic approaches to the understanding cardiomyocytes, cryopreservation of neonatal cardiomyocytes, and modeling of cardiomyocyte function. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Practical and current, Cardiomyocytes: Methods and Protocols explores complimentary areas of cardiomyocyte science that, taken together, can inform individuals with a broad range of interests.
- 2005 SpringerOrnato, Joseph P.; Peberdy, Mary Ann.History of the science of cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Mickey S. Eisenberg -- Epidemiology of sudden death / Russell V. Luepker -- Prevention of sudden cardiac death / Joseph E. Marine -- Physiology of ventilation during cardiac arrest / Andrea Gabrielli, A. Joseph Layon, and Ahamed H. Idris -- Management of ventilation during resuscitation / Marsh Cuttino -- Management of airway obstruction / Michael R. Sayre -- Etiology, electrophysiology, myocardial energy mechanics, and treatment of bradyasystole / Charles E. Cady and Tom P. Aufderheide -- Pulseless electrical activity / John M. Field -- Chest compression technique: a neglected key to success in CPR / Charles F. Babbs -- Alternate CPR devices and techniques / Henry Halperin and Barr Rayburn -- Training adults to perform CPR : what works? / Barbara Riegel, Lars Wik, and Alidene Doherty -- External defibrillation / Gregory P. Walcott, Cheryl R. Killingsworth, and Raymond E. Ideker -- Public access defibrillation / Vincent N. Mosesso, Jr., Mary M. Newman, and Kristin R. Hanson -- Pacing during cardiac arrest / Allan S. Jaffe and Utpal H. Pandya -- Therapeutic hypothermia in the treatment of cardiac arrest / Benjamin S. Abella, Terry Vanden Hoek, and Lance B. Becker -- Percutaneous coronary bypass as an adjunct for resuscitation / Catherine Cooper and Bruce D. Spiess -- Principles of drug delivery during CPR / Edgar R. Gonzalez ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological resuscitation interventions / Wanchun Tang, Shijie Sun, and Max Harry Weil -- Use of vasopressor drugs / Anette C. Krismer ... [et al.] -- Buffer therapy / Martin von Planta -- Antiarrhythmic drugs and cardiac resuscitation / Brian Olshansky, Pamela Nerheim, and Richard Kerber -- Electrolyte disturbances and cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Domenic A. Sica -- Cardiac arrest in pregnancy / Alison A. Rodriguez and Gary A. Dildy, III -- Drowning / Jerome H. Modell and Andrea Gabrielli -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and early management of the lightning strike victim / Mary Ann Cooper and Sara Ashley Johnson -- Hypothermic cardiac arrest / Daniel F. Danzl -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in trauma / Rao R. Ivatury and Kevin R. Ward -- Monitoring techniques during resuscitation / Kevin R. Ward, R. Wayne Barbee, and Rao R. Ivatury -- Myocardial dysfunction postresuscitation / Alejandro Vasquez and Karl B. Kern -- Postresuscitation cerebral dysfunction : prevention and treatment / Antonio E. Mu-iz -- Pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Robert A. Berg and Vinay M. Nadkarni -- In-hospital resuscitation / Mary Ann Peberdy -- Successful systems for out-of-hospital resuscitation / Paul E. Pepe, Lynn A. Roppolo, and Leonard A. Cobb -- Animal models of resuscitation / Kevin R. Ward and R. Wayne Barbee -- Design of clinical trials related to medical emergencies / Alfred Hallstrom -- Ethics in resuscitation / Antonio E. Mu-iz -- The future of cardiopulmonary resuscitation : combination therapy / Joseph P. Ornato.
- 2015 SpringerCovic, Adrian; Goldsmith, David; Spaak, Jonas.This book provides a comprehensive overview of the clinical challenges faced during the treatment of patients with cardiorenal syndrome (CRS). The bidirectional link that associates renal and cardiovascular diseases means that patients with CRS have an increased risk of hospital admission and mortality as a result of their coexistence yet, there are no agreed guidelines for their management. Cardio-Renal Clinical Challenges takes clinical presentations and clinical problems as its base, and then discusses the evidence for best management of common clinical problems and the reasons for the complex interplay between the cardiac and renal systems. In addition, the link between heart failure and chronic kidney disease (CKD) can impose a considerable epidemiological burden thus this text also aims to address the issue of organizing healthcare to maximize both the opportunities for prevention and best healthcare economic returns. This book will be of immediate value and practical interest to all consulting and trainee cardiologists and renal physicians.
- 2010 SpringerBerbari, Adel E.; Mancia, Giuseppe.Chronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- 2007 ClinicalKeySidebotham, David.This new bedside manual guides you through all the practical aspects of managing patients following cardiothoracic surgery and critically ill cardiology patients. Primarily designed to use in cardiothoracic intensive care units and coronary care units, it covers the perioperative management for the full range of cardiothoracic surgical procedures, the management of complications, and related issues. Core topics in cardiothoracic critical care, such as hemodynamic instability, arrhythmias, bleeding, and mechanical cardiac support, are afforded broad coverage. Also included are sections on advanced ventilatory techniques and veno-venous ECMO for treating severe respiratory failure, as well as nutritional support, treating and preventing infection, renal failure, and care of the dying patient. Concisely written and featuring liberal use of illustrations as well as an integrated, tightly edited style, and a limited number of key references, this volume will become your reference of choice for the care of of cardiothoracic surgery patients and critically ill cardiology patients. Also included is a companion CD-ROM featuring over 700 still and 200 video clips of radiographs, CT scans, MRI scans, and echocardiograms, both transthoracic and transesophageal. Find information quickly with concisely written text. Get a more complete picture with extensive illustrations. Focus on just the information you need using a a limited number of key references. Navigate the complexities of critical care for a fulll range of cardiothoracic surgery patients with in-depth coverage of perioperative care, management of complications, and more. Enhance your knowledge through a companion CD-ROM featuring the latest in cardiothoracic imaging techniques.
- 2011 SpringerKatlic, Mark R.Part 1. General Aspects of Care -- Invited Commentary / Ronnie A. Rosenthal -- The Epidemiology and Economics of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the Elderly / David A. Etzioni and Vaughn A. Starnes -- Principles of Geriatric Surgery / Mark R. Katlic -- Geriatric Models of Care / Elizabeth A. Capezuti, Patricia Ursomanno, Marie Boltz and Hongsoo Kim -- Delirium After Cardiac Surgery / James L. Rudolph -- Cardiac Rehabilitation in the Elderly / Carl I. Gonzales and Lois A. Killewich -- Legal Aspects of Geriatric Surgery / Marshall B. Kapp -- Ethical Issues in Cardiothoracic Surgery for the Elderly / Susan M. Hecker and Robert M. Sade -- Acute Pain Control in Geriatric Patients After Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeries / Jack M. Berger, Tawfik Ayoub and Jayeshkumar Patel -- Palliative Care in the Elderly / Geoffrey P. Dunn -- Cardiopulmonary Trauma in the Elderly / Jay Menaker and Thomas M. Scalea -- Imaging Features of the Normal Aging Chest / Carol C. Wu and Jo-Anne O. Shepard -- Cardiac Imaging in the Elderly / Faisal Nabi, Dipan J. Shah, Stephen H. Little and Su Min Chang -- Part 2. Physiologic Changes -- Invited Commentary / Michael E. Zenilman -- Biology of Aging / Huber R. Warner -- Hematologic Disorders in the Elderly / Ilene C. Weitz -- Anticoagulation in the Older Surgical Patient / M. Kate Elfrey and Susan J. Zieman -- Medication Usage in Older Cardiothoracic Surgical Patients / Richard A. Marottoli, Sean M. Jeffery and Roshini C. Pinto-Powell -- Wound Healing in the Elderly / Christopher G. Engeland and Praveen K. Gajendrareddy -- Pulmonary Changes in the Elderly / Keenan A. Hawkins and Ravi Kalhan -- Cardiac Changes in the Elderly / Wilbert S. Aronow and William H. Frishman -- Renal Changes in the Elderly / Carlos G. Musso and Dimitrios G. Oreopoulos -- Gastrointestinal and Liver Changes in the Elderly / Vadim Sherman, John A. Primomo and F. Charles Brunicardi -- Neurologic and Cognitive Changes in the Elderly / J. Riley McCarten -- Hormonal Changes During and After Cardiac Surgery / Marcello Maggio, Chiara Cattabiani and Gian Paolo Ceda -- Part 3. Cardiac Surgery -- Invited Commentary / William A. Baumgartner -- Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation in the Elderly Cardiac Surgery Patient / Joseph C. Cleveland -- Cardiac Anesthesia in the Elderly / Eric W. Nelson and James H. Abernathy -- Postoperative and Critical Care in the Elderly Cardiac Surgery Patient / Christopher J. Barreiro, Kerry J. Stewart and Glenn Whitman -- Surgery for Ischemic Coronary Disease in the Elderly / Margarita T. Camacho and Melissa L. Wong -- Surgical Treatment of Aortic Valve Disease in the Elderly / Vinod H. Thourani and Robert A. Guyton -- Surgical Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease in the Elderly / Maqsood M. Elahi and Kenton J. Zehr -- Surgical Treatment of Thoracic Aortic Disease in the Elderly / Arnar Geirsson -- Surgical Treatment of Pericardial Disease in the Elderly / Joshua Kindelan and Alberto de Hoyos -- Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators in the Elderly / Luciana Armaganijan and Jeff S. Healey -- Heart Transplantation and Mechanical Assistance in the Elderly / Edwin C. McGee -- Part 4. Thoracic Surgery -- Invited Commentary / Joseph LoCicero -- Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation in the Elderly Thoracic Surgery Patient / Ticiana Leal, Noelle K. LoConte, Anai Kothari and Tracey L. Weigel -- Thoracic Anesthesia in the Elderly / Anne C. Kolker -- Postoperative and Critical Care in the Elderly Thoracic Surgery Patient / Brannon R. Hyde and Joseph B. Zwischenberger -- Adjuvant Therapy for Lung Cancer in the Elderly / Jared Weiss and Corey J. Langer -- Pulmonary Surgery for Malignant Disease in the Elderly / Sarah E. Billmeier and Michael T. Jaklitsch -- Benign Thoracic Disease in the Elderly / Rita A. Mukhtar and Pierre R. Theodore -- Lung Transplantation in the Elderly / Juan J. Fibla, Sandra C. Tomaszek and Stephen D. Cassivi -- Esophageal Surgery for Malignant Disease in the Elderly / Philip A. Rascoe and John C. Kucharczuk -- Esophageal Surgery for Benign Disease in the Elderly / Rose E. Hardin, Katie S. Nason and James D. Luketich -- Surgery for Mediastinal Disease in the Elderly / Cameron D. Wright -- Surgery for Pleural Disease in the Elderly / Raja M. Flores and Naveed Z. Alam -- Surgery for Chest Wall Disease in the Elderly / Daniel L. Miller -- Surgery of the Trachea and Bronchi in the Elderly / Douglas J. Mathisen and Ashok Muniappan.
- 2014 SpringerCoventry, Brendon J.Written by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- 2006 SpringerMorrow, David A.Biomarkers of myocardial necrosis: past, present, and future / Robert H. Christenson and Hassan M.E. Azzazy -- Analytical issues for the clinical use of cardiac troponin / Alan H.B. Wu -- Defining myocardial infarction / Allan S. Jaffe and Luciano Babuin -- Biomarkers in the emergency department: rapid diagnosis and triage / Jin H. Han and W. Brian Gibler -- Cardiac troponin for risk assessment and management of non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome / Bertil Lindahl -- Biomarkers of necrosis for risk assessment and management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction / Evangelos Giannitsis and Hugo A. Katus -- Cardiac troponin after revascularization procedures / Warren J. Cantor and L. Kristin Newby -- Biomarkers of necrosis in heart failure: past, present, and future directions / Emil Missov, James Rider, and Leslie Miller -- Is there a role for cardiac troponin and other biomarkers in patients with pulmonary embolism? / Samuel Z. Goldhaber -- Cardiac troponin in conditions other than acute coronary syndromes / Fred S. Apple and David A. Morrow -- Degradation of cardiac troponins: implications for clinical practice / Allan S. Jaffe and Jennifer E. Van Eyk -- Clinical use of natriuretic peptides for the diagnosis and management of heart failure / Alan Maisel -- Natriuretic peptides in acute and chronic coronary artery disease / Shuaib M. Abdullah and James A. de Lemos -- Novel markers of hemodynamic stress / Ellen O. Weinberg and Richard T. Lee -- Clinical and research applications of markers of thrombosis / Manesh R. Patel and Richard C. Becker -- Measures of platelet activation and aggregation / Jean-Philippe Collet and Gilles Montalescot -- Monocyte-platelet aggregates in patients with ischemic heart disease / Matthew D. Linden and Mark I. Furman -- Measurement of atherogenic lipoproteins in cardiovascular risk assessment / Richard L. Dunbar and Daniel J. Rader -- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 and other lipid-related biomarkers in cardiovascular disease / Natalie Khuseyinova and Wolfgang Koenig -- A multimarker approach to evaluation of patients with acute coronary syndrome / David A. Morrow -- Cardiac biomarkers by point-of-care testing / Paul O. Collinson -- Proteomics and cardiovascular biomarker discovery / Emerson Liu and Robert E. Gerszten -- Genetic markers in cardiovascular disease / Marc S. Sabatine. Developing a marker of ischemia: clinical and research challenges / Robert L. Jesse -- Emerging biomarkers of myocardial ischemia / Jesse E. Adams -- Inflammation in cardiovascular disease: the biological basis of inflammatory biomarkers / Peter Libby -- Analytical issues for the clinical use of c-reactive protein / Nader Rifai -- C-reactive protein as a tool for risk assessment in primary prevention / Shari S. Bassuk and Paul M. Ridker -- High-sensitivity c-reactive protein for risk assessment in acute coronary syndromes / Luigi M. Biasucci and Antonio Abbate -- Beyond c-reactive protein: novel markers of vascular inflammation / Christopher Heeschen -- Biomarkers of inflammation: implications in patients with heart failure / Biykem Bozkurt -- Biomarkers of infection and risk of coronary heart disease / Joseph B. Muhlestein -- Biology of the natriuretic peptides / Charlotte Kragelund and Torbjørn Omland -- Analytical issues for the clinical use of b-type natriuretic peptide and n-terminal pro b-type natriuretic peptide / Johannes Mair --Also available: Print – 2006
- 2013 SpringerAnzidei, Michele; Catalano, C.; Napoli, Alessandro.The availability and diffusion of high-performance technologies has strengthened the role of CT angiography and MR angiography as simple, reliable techniques for the characterization and treatment planning of the principal diseases of the cardiovascular system, an understanding of which has become essential for all radiologists. The aim of this book is to provide concise but thorough information and guidance on the main methods and examination techniques used when performing high-quality CT angiography and MR angiography studies in a broad range of clinical settings. The lucid text is supported by a large number of case studies and is rich in advice on image interpretation and practical suggestions for the evaluation and reporting of the examinations. Importantly, a central feature is detailed comparison of the advantages and limitations of the two techniques in various diseases and vascular regions; the book will therefore enable both trainee and expert radiologists to understand their indications and to select the most appropriate technique in different contexts.
- 2012 Springer ProtocolsAntonyak, Marc; Peng, Xu.Use of whole embryo culture for studying heart development / Calvin T. Hang and Ching-Pin Chang -- Quantifying cardiac functions in embryonic and adult zebrafish / Tiffany Hoage, Yonghe Ding, and Xiaolei Xu -- Analysis of the patterning of cardiac outflow tract and great arteries with angiography and vascular casting / Ching-Pin Chang -- Morpholino injection in Xenopus / Panna Tandon [and others] -- Chicken chorioallantoic membrane angiogenesis model / Domenico Ribatti -- Visualizing vascular networks in zebrafish : an introduction to microangiography / Christopher E. Schmitt, Melinda B. Holland, and Suk-Won Jin -- Whole-mount confocal microscopy for vascular branching morphogenesis / Yoh-suke Mukouyama [and others] -- Visualization of mouse embryo angiogenesis by fluorescence-based staining / Yang Liu, Marc Antonyak, and Xu Peng -- Miniaturized assays of angiogenesis in vitro / May J. Reed and Robert B. Vernon -- Analysis of the endocardial-to-mesenchymal transformation of heart valve development by collagen gel culture assay / Yiqin Xiong, Bin Zhou, and Ching-Pin Chang -- Quantification of myocyte chemotaxis : a role for FAK in regulating directional motility / Britni Zajac [and others] -- Analysis of neural crest cell fate during cardiovascular development using Cre-activated lacZ/[beta]-galactosidase staining / Yanping Zhang and L. Bruno Ruest -- Indirect immunostaining on mouse embryonic heart for the detection of proliferated cardiomyocyte / Jieli Li, Marc Antonyak, and Xu Peng -- Isolation and characterization of vascular endothelial cells from murine heart and lung / Yixin Jin [and others] -- Isolation and characterization of embryonic and adult epicardium and epicardium-derived cells / Bin Zhou and William T. Pu -- Vascular smooth muscle cells : isolation, culture, and characterization / Richard P. Metz, Jan L. Patterson, and Emily Wilson -- C-kit expression identifies cardiac precursor cells in neonatal mice / Michael Craven, Michael I. Kotlikoff, and Alyson S. Nadworny -- Cardiomyocyte apoptosis in heart development : methods and protocols / Dongfei Qi and Mingui Fu -- Adenovirus-mediated gene transfection in the isolated lymphatic vessels / Anatoliy A. Gashev [and others] -- Isolation of cardiac myocytes and fibroblasts from neonatal rat pups / Honey B. Golden [and others] -- The application of genome-wide RNAi screens in exploring varieties of signaling transduction pathways / Shenyuan Zhang and Hongying Zheng -- Application of atomic force microscopy measurements on cardiovascular cells / Xin Wu [and others] -- In utero assessment of cardiovascular function in the embryonic mouse heart using high-resolution ultrasound biomicroscopy / Honey B. Golden [and others] -- Isolation and preparation of RNA from rat blood and lymphatic microvessels for use in microarray analysis / Eric A. Bridenbaugh -- Visual data mining of coexpression data to set research priorities in cardiac development research / Vincent VanBuren -- High-speed confocal imaging of zebrafish heart development / Jay R. Hove and Michael P. Craig -- Measurement of electrical conduction properties of intact embryonic murine hearts by extracellular microelectrode arrays / David G. Taylor and Anupama Natarajan.
- 2008 KargerFisman, Enrique Z.; Tenenbaum, Alexander.Hyperglycemia and the pathobiology of diabetic complications / Aronson, D. -- Endothelial dysfunction in normal and abnormal glucose metabolism / Esper, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Biomarkers in cardiovascular diabetology: interleukins and matrixins / Fisman, E.Z. ; Adler, Y.; Tenenbaum, A. -- Arterial elasticity in cardiovascular disease: focus on hypertension, metabolic syndrome and diabetes / Cernes, R.; Zimlichman, R.; Shargorodsky, M. -- Hypertension and diabetes / Grossman, E.; Messerli, F.H. -- Impaired glucose metabolism and cerebrovascular diseases / Tanne, D. -- Impact of metabolic syndrome in patients with acute coronary syndrome / Feinberg, M.S.; Schwartz, R.; Behar, S. -- Optimal management of combined dyslipidemia: what have we behind statins monotherapy? / Tenenbaum, A. ... [et al.] -- Non-insulin antidiabetic therapy in cardiac patients: current problems and future prospects / Fisman, E.Z.; Motro, M.; Tenenbaum, A.
- v. 1-2, 2006. Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer ProtocolsWang, Qing.v. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Molecular medicine.
- 2005 SpringerBarbaro, Giuseppe; Boccara, Franck.
- 2009 SpringerArmani, Annemarie; Ferdinand, Keith C.Cardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minorities: overview and perspectives -- Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors among racial/ethnic populations -- Unmasking racial/ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease: nutritional, socioeconomic, cultural, and health-care-related contributions -- Race and genetics -- Race, genetics and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension and stroke in racial/ethnic groups -- Dyslipidemia in racial/ethnic groups -- Novel & emerging risk factors in racial/ethnic groups -- Weight loss interventions to control blood pressure in an increasingly overweight, multi-ethnic society -- Obesity and the cardiometabolic syndrome: impact on chronic kidney disease and CVD -- Risk calculation and clustering within racial/ethnic groups -- Cardiovascular imaging in racial/ethinc populations: implications for the adequate application of cardiovascular imaging techniques guided by racial/ethnical risk factor variations -- Unique aspects of vascular and cardiac ultrasound in racial/ethnical groups -- Heart failure in racial/ethnic group -- Minority women and cardiovascular disease.
- 2005 SpringerGerstenblith, Gary.Aging of the heart and arteries : relevance to cardiovascular disease / Samer S. Najjar and Edward G. Lakatta -- Frailty : keystone in the bridge between geriatrics and cardiology / William Russell Hazzard -- Cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly : evaluation and intervention / Susan J. Zieman and Beth R. Malasky -- Stable coronary artery disease in the elderly / Beth R. Malasky and Joseph S. Alpert -- Age and mortality and morbidity in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction / Steven P. Schulman and Gary Gerstenblith -- Unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the elderly / Stephen D. Wiviott and Christopher P. Cannon -- Percutaneous coronary intervention in the elderly / Michael J. McWilliams and Eric J. Topol -- Cardiac surgery in the elderly / David D. Yuh and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart failure in the elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Valvular heart disease in the elderly / Milind Y. Desai and Gary Gerstenblith -- Arrhythmia management in the elderly / Jonathan P. Piccini and Hugh Calkins -- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly / Emile R. Mohler III and William R. Hiatt -- Cardiac rehabilitation in older cardiac patients / Philip A. Ades -- Clinical pharmacology / Janice B. Schwartz -- Medical treatment of the cardiac patient approaching the end of life / Lofty L. Basta, W. Daniel Doty, and Michael D.D. Geldart.
- 2013 CRCnetBASEMaulik, Nilanjana.Pt. 1. Epidemiological study of heart disease -- pt. 2. Epigenetic modifications in arterial and heart diseases -- pt. 3. Cardiovascular disease -- pt. 4. Nutritional and other therapeutic interventions for CVD.
- 2008 SpringerRibes, Ramón; Mejía, Sergio.
- 2006 KargerDhein, S.Cardiac connexins: genes to nexus / Duffy, H.S., Fort, A.G., Spray, D.C. -- Physiology of cardiovascular gap junctions / Van Veen, T.A.B., Van Rijen, H.V.M., Jongsma, H.J. -- Role of connexin43-interacting proteins at gap junctions / Giepmans, B.N.G. -- Life cycle of connexins: regulation of connexin synthesis and degradation / Salameh, A. -- Gap junctions and propagation of the cardiac action potential / Bernstein, S.A., Morley, G.E. -- Micropatterns of propagation / Lee, P., Pogwizd, S.M. -- Pharmacology of cardiovascular gap junctions / Hervé, J.-C., Dhein, S. -- Structural and functional coupling of cardiac myocytes and fibroblasts / Camelliti, P., Green, C.R., Kohl, P. -- Connexins and cardiac arrhythmias / Van Rijen, H.V.M. ... [et al.] -- Role of connexins in atrial fibrillation / Dhein, S. -- Connexins in the sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodes / Boyett, M.R. ... [et al.] -- Cardiac ischemia and uncoupling: gap junctions in ischemia and infarction / Dhein, S. -- Connexin 43 and ischemic preconditioning / Schulz, R., Heusch, G. -- Alterations in cardiac connexin expression in cardiomyopathies / Severs, N.J. ... [et al.] -- Alterations of connexin 43 in the diabetic rat heart / Lin, H. ... [et al.] -- Connexins in atherosclerosis / Chadjichristos, C.E., Derouette, J.-P., Kwak, B.R. -- Connexin-dependent communication within the vascular wall: contribution to the control of arteriolar diameter / De Wit, C., Wölfle, S.E., Höpfl, B. -- Cx40 polymorphism in human atrial fibrillation / Hauer, R.N.W. ... [et al.].
- 2005 SpringerKasparov, Sergey; Katovich, Michael J.; Paton, Julian F. R.; Raizada, Mohan K.Angiotensin II receptor polymorphisms and hypertension / Bruno Baudin -- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms and hypertension / Ashok Kumar -- Substitution mapping: using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure / Bina Joe and Michael R. Garrett -- Local production of angiotensinogen: insights from genetic manipulation of mice / Kamal Rahmouni and Curt D. Sigmund -- Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics / Julie A. Johnson and Larisa H. Cavallari -- Genetic polymorphisms and responses to HMG-CoA, reductase inhibitors / Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee, Olaf H. Klungel, and Anthonius de Boer -- Monogenic causes of heart failure: familial dilated cardiomyopathy / Hideko Kasahara -- Gene therapy vs. pharmacotherapy / Ryuichi Morishita -- Molecular therapeutic approaches for myocardial protection / Alok S. Pachori, Luis G. Melo, and Victor J. Dzau -- Gene transfer and the cardiovascular system / William H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Kallikrein gene transfer in hypertension, cardiovascular and renal disease, and stroke / Julie Chao and Lee Chao -- Current and future novel targets of gene therapy for hypertension / Michael J. Katovich, Justin L. Grobe, and Mohan K. Raizada -- Application of viral gene transfer in studies of neurogenic hypertension / Sergey Kasparov, A.G. Teschemacher, and Julian F.R. Paton -- Vigilant vectors: intelligent gene vectors for cardioprotection in myocardial ischemia / M. Ian Phillips and Yi Tang -- Gene therapy for cerebral arterial diseases / Yoshimasa Watanabe and Donald D. Heistad -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for tissue regeneration / Paolo Madeddu -- Cell transplantation: the new frontier / Shafie Fazel ... [et al.] -- Embryonic stem cells and the cardiovascular system / Neta Lavon and Nissim Benvenisty.
- 2013 SpringerAnwaruddin, Saif.A basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology is essential for optimal patient care. This practical book provides a concise tutorial of all the essential aspects of cardiovascular hemodynamics and the techniques used to assess cardiovascular performance. A high-yield reference, this book is replete with figures, tracings, tables, and clinical pearls that reinforce the basic tenets of hemodynamics. From identifying key findings of the patient history and physical exam to correlating hemodynamic tracings with acute clinical presentations, this book arms the reader with the tools necessary to handle any hemodynamic-related situation.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyHo, Vincent B.; Reddy, Gautham P.Embryologic Basis and Segmental Approach to Imaging of Congenital Heart Disease -- Cardiac Anatomy -- Coronary Anatomy -- Physiology of the Heart -- Radiology of the Heart : Plain Film Imaging and Diagnosis -- Echocardiography -- Diagnostic Coronary Angiography -- Physics of Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Radiation Dose Reduction Strategies in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Contrast Agents and Medications in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Image Postprocessing in Cardiac Computed Tomography -- Methods for Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Morphology, Perfusion, and Viability -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Function -- Clinical Techniques of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging : Functional Interpretation and Image Processing -- Magnetic Resonance Evaluation of Blood Flow -- Contrast Agents in Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Safety -- Physics and Instrumentation of Cardiac Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography -- Clinical Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography Cardiac Protocols -- Radiopharmaceutical Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography Imaging Agents -- Physics and Instrumentation of Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography -- Clinical Techniques of Positron Emission Tomography and PET/CT -- Radiopharmaceuticals and Radiation Dose Considerations in Cardiac Positron Emission Tomography and PET/CT -- Pharmacologic Stress Agents -- Congenital Percutaneous Interventions -- Congenital Cardiac Surgery -- Percutaneous Catheter-Based Treatment of Coronary and Valvular Heart Disease -- Surgery for Acquired Cardiac Disease -- Imaging of Atrial Fibrillation Intervention -- Coronary Calcium Assessment -- Congenital Coronary Anomalies -- Indications and Patient Selection in Obstructive Coronary Disease -- Interpretation and Reporting in Obstructive Coronary Disease -- Coronary Artery Aneurysms -- Imaging of Coronary Revascularization : Coronary Stents and Bypass Grafts -- Imaging of Coronary Revascularization : Coronary Stents and Bypass Grafts -- Coarctation of the Aorta -- Vascular Rings and Slings -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Aorta and Left Ventricular Function in Inherited and Congenital Aortic Disease -- Atrial Septal Defect -- Ventricular Septal Defect -- Patent Ductus Arteriosus -- Transposition of the Great Arteries -- Truncus Arteriosus -- Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connections and Drainage -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Ebstein Anomaly -- Complex Congenital Heart Disease -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Postoperative Evaluation of the Patient with Congenital Heart Disease -- Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease -- Acute Coronary Syndrome -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Imaging of Myocardial Perfusion -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Myocardial Perfusion -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Imaging of Myocardial Function -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Ventricular Function -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Myocardial Viability -- Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Myocardial Viability -- Postoperative Imaging of Ischemic Cardiac Disease -- Aortic and Mitral Valvular Disease -- Tricuspid and Pulmonary Valvular Disease -- Dilated Cardiomyopathy -- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy -- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia -- Myocarditis -- Cardiac Tumors -- Pericardial Effusion -- Acute Pericarditis -- Constrictive Pericarditis -- Arterial Anatomy of the Thorax -- Arterial Anatomy of the Abdomen -- Arterial Anatomy of the Pelvis and Lower Extremities -- Arterial Anatomy of the Upper Extremities -- Venous Anatomy of the Thorax -- Venous Anatomy of the Abdomen and Pelvis -- Venous Anatomy of the Extremities -- Vascular Ultrasonography : Physics, Instrumentation, and Clinical Techniques -- Physics of Computed Tomography -- Computed Tomographic Angiography : Clinical Techniques -- Magnetic Resonance Angiography : Physics and Instrumentation -- Magnetic Resonance Angiography : Clinical Techniques -- Basic Three-Dimensional Postprocessing in Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Advanced Three-Dimensional Postprocessing in Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Nuclear Medicine : Extrathoracic Vascular Imaging -- Percutaneous Vascular Interventions -- Vascular Surgery -- Noninvasive Imaging of Atherosclerosis -- Carotid Artery Disease -- Ultrasound Evaluation of the Carotid Arteries -- Magnetic Resonance and Computed Tomographic Angiography of the Extracranial Carotid Arteries -- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms -- Acute Aortic Syndrome -- Thoracic Aortic Trauma -- Thoracic Aortitis -- Subclavian Steal Syndrome -- Acute Pulmonary Thromboembolic Disease -- Chronic Pulmonary Embolism -- Pulmonary Hypertension -- Pulmonary Edema -- Pulmonary Hemorrhage and Vasculitis -- The Abdominal Aorta -- Postendograft Imaging of the Abdominal Aorta and Iliac Arteries -- Open Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms and Postoperative Assessment -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Vascular Disorders of the Abdomen -- Renal Artery Hypertension -- Renal Arteries : Computed Tomographic and Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Renal Artery Scintigraphy -- Sonography of the Renal Vessels -- Inferior Vena Cava and Its Main Tributaries -- Vascular Imaging of Hepatic Transplantation -- Vascular Imaging of Renal and Pancreatic Transplantation -- Peripheral Artery Disease -- Lower Extremity Operations and Interventions -- Computed Tomographic Angiography of the Lower Extremities -- Peripheral Magnetic Resonance Angiography -- Vascular Diseases of the Upper Extremities -- Venous Sonography of the Upper Extremities and Thoracic Outlet -- Hemodialysis Fistulas.
- 2015 SpringerAikawa, Elena.Part 1: Preclinical imaging of mechanisms of atherosclerosis and its complications -- Pathobiology and basic mechanisms of atherosclerosis -- Ultrasound imaging of endothelial cell activation and damage in atherosclerosis -- Molecular imaging of macrophages -- Optical molecular imaging of inflammation and calcification in atherosclerosis -- Imaging of antigen-presenting cells -- Imaging of oxidation-specific epitopes -- Intravascular molecular imaging -- Imaging of complications of atherosclerosis (platelets aggregation and thrombosis) -- Part 2: Imaging insights into mechanisms of calcific aortic valve disease (CAVD) and calcification -- Pathobiology and basic mechanisms of CAVD -- Molecular imaging of aortic valve inflammation and calcification: Preclinical studies -- PET CT imaging of inflammation and calcification in CAVD: Clinical studies -- Ultrasound imaging of CAVD -- Micro-OCT imaging of microcalcification -- Part 3: Clinical imaging of inflammation and calcification -- MR imaging in cardiovascular disease -- Molecular mechanisms of atherosclerosis imaged by MR -- Cardiovascular nuclear imaging -- Preclinical and clinical PET CT imaging of inflammation and calcification -- Clinical feasibility and monitoring of the effects of anti-inflammatory therapy in atherosclerosis.
- 2011 ClinicalKeyKoster, Nancy K.Electrocardiography -- Echocardiography -- Angiography -- Cardiovascular computed tomography -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Board review questions.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyBhatt, Deepak L.
- 2014 KargerGranata, R.; Isgaard, Jørgen.Testosterone and cardiovascular risk in men / Kelly, D.M., Jones, T.H. -- Hormone therapy and venous thromboembolism among postmenopausal women / Scarabin, P.-Y. -- Cardiovascular and metabolic impact of glucocorticoid replacement therapy / Johannsson, G., Ragnarsson, O. -- Cardiovascular disease and thyroid function / Faber, J., Selmer, C. -- Hormonal alterations in heart failure : anabolic impairment in chronic heart failure -- diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic issues / Arcopinto, M., Cittadini, A. -- Genetics of primary aldosteronism / Funder, J.W. -- Adipose tissue dysfunction and inflammation in cardiovascular disease / Wronkowitz, N., Romacho, T., Sell, H., Eckel, J. -- Potential peptides in atherosclerosis therapy / Marleau, S., Mellal, K., Huynh, D.N., Ong, H. -- Interaction between insulin-like growth factor-1 and atherosclerosis and vascular aging / Higashi, Y., Quevedo, H.C., Tiwari, S., Sukhanov, S., Shai, S.-Y., Anwar, A., Delafontaine, P. -- Ghrelin and the cardiovascular system / Tokudome, T., Kishimoto, I., Miyazato, M., Kangawa, K. -- Natriuretic peptide system and the heart / del Ry, S., Cabiati, M., Clerico, A. -- Beyond glycemic control : cardiovascular effects of incretin-based therapies / Angeli, F.S., Shannon, R.P.
- 2007 SpringerKwong, Raymond Y.
- 2010 ClinicalKeyManning, Warren J.; Pennell, Dudley J.Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance provides you with up-to-date clinical applications of cardiovascular MRI for the broad spectrum of cardiovascular diseases, including ischemic, myopathic, valvular, and congenital heart diseases, as well as great vessel and peripheral vascular disease. Editors Warren J. Manning and Dudley J. Pennell and their team of international contributors cover everything from basic MR physics to sequence design, flow quantification and spectroscopy to structural anatomy and pathology. Learn the appropriate role for CMR in a variety of clinical settings with reference to other modalities, practical limitations, and costs. With the latest information on contrast agents, MR angiography, MR spectroscopy, imaging protocols, and more, this book is essential for both the beginner and expert CMR practitioner. Covers both the technical and clinical aspects of CMR to serve as a comprehensive reference. Demonstrates the full spectrum of the application of cardiac MR from ischemic heart disease to valvular, myopathic, pericardial, aortic, and congenital heart disease. Includes coverage of normal anatomy, orientation, and function to provide you with baseline values. Discusses advanced techniques, such as interventional MR, to include essential information relevant to the specialist. Features appendices with acronyms and CMR terminology used by equipment vendors that serve as an introduction to the field. Uses consistent terminology and abbreviations throughout the text for clarity and easy reference.
- 2007 SpringerWillerson, James T.
- 2011 SpringerPlein, Sven; Greenwood, John P.; Ridgway, John P.What's inside the magnet and why? -- The MRI environment -- Protons and spins: the origin of the MRI signal -- Generating a signal: RF pulses and echoes -- Relaxation times, gradient echoes, and spin echoes -- Making an image: locating and encoding signals in space -- Image space and k-space -- Imaging parameters and image attributes -- Improving SNR with surface coils and array coils -- Pulse sequences and image contrast -- Gradient echo versus spin echo -- Black blood versus bright blood imaging -- Dealing with cardiac motion: how do we image the beating heart? -- Dealing with respiratory motion -- Fast imaging: how do we speed up the image acquisition? -- Special pulse sequences for cardiac imaging -- Common artifacts -- The basics of a CMR study -- Components of CMR protocols -- Anatomy of CMR -- The CMR report -- Diseases of the aorta -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial disease -- Cardiac masses -- Valvular heart disease -- Ischemic heart disease -- Basic adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) -- Pulmonary vein assessment -- Interventional cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
- 2008 SpringerDanias, Peter G.
- Abdominal obesity--a driver of cardiometabolic risk — Cardiovascular MRI : 150 multiple-choice questions and answers (174)
- Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease : an imaging atlas — Eugene Braunwald and the rise of modern medicine (174)
- Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease : Proceedings of the "Consensus Meeting : Clinical Effect, Biological Background, and Research Priorities on n-3 Fatty Acids", Research Centre of the Italian National Association of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO), Florence, Italy, 17-19 February 2000. — New trends and controversies in the management of NSTE-ACS (174)
- Noninvasive imaging of myocardial ischemia — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (171)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.