Books by Subject
- Acute coronary syndrome — Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease (108)
- Cardiovascular MRI in practice — Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease (108)
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age — New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases (108)
- New look at the heart in heart failure — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (106)
CardiologyAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Acute coronary syndrome 2008, Springer
- Acute heart failure 2009, Springer
- Acute heart failure 2008, Springer
- Acute ischemic stroke 2006, Springer
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular disease 2005, Springer
- Advances in cardiac signal processing 2007, Springer
- Advances in understanding aortic diseases 2009, Springer
- Advances in vascular medicine 2010, Springer
- Aging and heart failure 2014, SpringerThis book synthesizes the major research advances in molecular, biochemical, and translational aspects of aging and heart failure over the last four decades and addresses future directions in management and drug discovery. It presents clinical issues and molecular mechanisms related to heart failure, including the changing demographics in the aging population with heart failure; hypertension and prevention of diastolic heart failure in the aging population; polypharmacy and adverse drug reactions in the aging population with heart failure; changes in the heart that accompany advancing age from humans to molecules; aging-associated alterations in myocardial inflammation and fibrosis; and aging-related changes in mitochondrial function and implications for heart failure therapy. The book succinctly summarizes the large volume of data on these key topics and highlights novel pathways that need to be explored. Featuring contributions from leading clinician-scientists, Aging and Heart Failure: Mechanisms and Management is an authoritative resource on the major clinical issues in heart failure therapy in the elderly for cardiologists, gerontologists, and internists.
- Aging and the heart 2008, SpringerPost-genomic view of aging: definition, theories and observations -- Overview of cardiovascular aging -- Molecular and cellular methodologies: a primer -- Molecular and cellular phenotypes of cardiovascular aging -- Aging of the vasculature and related systems -- Aging and the cardiovascular-related systems -- Cardiomyopathy and heart failure in aging -- Atherosclerosis, hypertension and aging -- Metabolic syndrome, diabetes and cardiometabolic risks in aging -- Gender and cardiovascular diseases in aging -- Cardiac dysrhythmias and channelopathies in aging -- Genetics of life span: lessons from model organisms -- Profiling the aging cardiovascular system: transcriptional, proteomic, SNPs, gene mapping and epigenetics analysis -- Translational research: gene, pharmacogenomics and cell-based therapy in the aging heart -- Nutrition and exercise in cardiovascular aging: metabolic and pharmacological interventions -- Aging and the frontier ahead.
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 3rd ed. / 2011, Ovid
- Anatomic basis of echocardiographic diagnosis 2011, SpringerGeneral anatomy of the heart in the chest -- Age-related cardiac changes -- Aortic valve -- Mitral valve -- Tricuspid and pulmonary valve -- Cardiomyopathies -- Ischemic heart disease -- Right ventricular diseases -- Diseases of the aorta -- Pericardial diseases -- Prosthetic heart valves -- Infective endocarditis and related conditions -- Neoplasm, cardiac tumor -- Congenital heart disease -- Cardiac source of embolism -- Assessment of diastolic function -- Cardiac involvement by systemic diseases -- Interventional procedures.
- Anesthesia and perioperative care for aortic surgery 2011, SpringerApplied anatomy of the aorta -- Acute aortic syndrome -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation before aortic surgery -- Role of echocardiography in aortic surgery -- Operative techniques in surgery of the proximal thoracic aorta and aortic arch -- Anesthesia for surgery of the ascending aorta and aortic arch -- Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest -- Cerebral monitoring during aortic surgery -- Understanding open repair of the descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aorta -- Anesthesia for descending aortic surgery -- Spinal cord protection strategies -- Understanding endovascular aortic surgery: Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysmal disease -- Anesthesia for endovascular aortic surgery -- Anesthesia for open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair -- Renal protection strategies -- Comprehansive management of patients with traumatic aortic injury -- Anesthesia for adult congenital aortic surgery -- Atherosclerosis of the aorta and prevention of neurological dysfunction after cardiac surgery -- Postoperative care after aortic surgery.
- Angiogenesis and direct myocardial revascularization 2005, SpringerMyocardial angiogenesis: proteins growth factors / Kwang Soo Cha, Robert S. Schwartz, and Timothy D. Henry -- Gene therapy for angiogenesis in the treatment of cardiovascular and peripheral arterial disease / Pinak B. Shah, Kapildeo Lotun, and Douglas W. Losordo -- Therapeutic angiogenesis in peripheral arterial disease: current approaches and future directions / Richard E. Waters and Brian H. Annex -- Bone marrow cell transplantation for myocardial regeneration and therapeutic angiogenesis / Hung-Fat Tse, Pui-Yin Lee, and Chu-Pak Lau -- No-option patients: a growing problem / Roger J. Laham and Donald S. Baim -- Transcriptional regulation of angiogenesis / Peter Oettgen -- Preclinical models and experience to date / Aysegul Yegin and Nicolas A. Chronos -- The coronary microcirculation and angiogenesis / Pierre Voisine ... [et al.] -- Local and regional vascular delivery for therapeutic angiogenesis and myogenesis / Erik T. Price, Alan C. Yeung, and Mehrdad Rezaee -- Imaging angiogenesis: a guide for clinical management and therapeutic trials / Justin D. Pearlman -- Transplantation of embryonic stem cells for myocardial regeneration and angiogenesis / Yong-Fu Xiao, Jiang-Yong Min, and James P. Morgan -- Skeletal myoblast transplantation for cardiac repair / Audrey Rosinberg, Jamal. S. Rana, and Roger J. Laham -- Transmyocardial laser revascularization / Keith A. Horvath.
- Animal models in cardiovascular research. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerGeneral principles of animal selection and normal physiological values -- Preanesthesia, anesthesia, chemical restraint, and the recognition and treatment of pain and distress -- Normal cardiac function parameters -- Measuring cardiac function -- Measuring vascular function and ventricular/arterial coupling dynamics -- Isolated heart preparations, problems, and pitfalls -- Cardiovascular effects of anesthetics, sedatives, postoperative analgesic agents, and other pharmaceuticals -- Naturally occurring and iatrogenic animal models of valvular, infectious, and arrhythmic cardiovascular disease -- Iatrogenic models of ischemic heart disease -- Iatrogenic, transgenic, and naturally occurring models of cardiomyopathy and heart failure -- Iatrogenic, congenic, and transgenic models of hypertension -- Naturally occurring, iatrogenic and transgenic models of atherosclerotic disease -- Animal models for the study of neurohumeral and central neural control of the cardiovascular system -- Other transgenic animal models used in cardiovascular studies
- Antioxidants and cardiovascular disease. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Antiplatelet therapy in ACS and A-Fib 2012, Karger
- Antithrombotic drug therapy in cardiovascular disease 2010, SpringerPlatelets in arterial thrombosis -- Role of coagulation in arterial and venous thrombosis -- Link between inflammation and thrombosis -- Genetics of thrombosis -- Aspirin in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Thienopyridines in stable coronary disease -- Antiplatelet therapies in unstable angina and non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Unfractionated heparin and enoxaparin for the management of non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Direct thrombin inhibitors in acute coronary syndromes -- Synthetic factors Xa inhibition in acute coronary syndromes -- Antiplatelet therapies: aspirin, clopidogrel and thienopyridines, and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors for the management of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Antithrombin therapy for acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Fibrinolysis and facilitated PCI -- Antithrombotic therapy in percutaneous coronary intervention -- Antithrombotic therapy in carotid and peripheral intervention -- Monitoring of antithrombotic therapies in interventional cardiology -- Venous thromboembolism -- Fibrinolysis for pulmonary embolism -- Duration of anticoagulant therapy after venous thromboembolism -- Antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation and cardioversion -- Antithrombotic therapy for valvular heart disease -- Antithrombotic therapy in heart failure and cardiomyopathy -- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia -- Resistance to antiplatelet drugs.
- Aortic aneurysms 2009, Springer
- Aortic dissection and related syndromes 2007, Springer
- Aortic root surgery 2010, Springer
- Applications of biotechnology in cardiovascular therapeutics 2011, Springer
- Arrhythmogenic RV cardiomyopathy/dysplasia 2007, Springer
- Art and science of cardiac physical examination 2006, Springer
- Asymptomatic atherosclerosis 2010, Springer
- Atherosclerosis 2013, SpringerAtherosclerosis: Clinical Perspectives Through Imaging is aimed at practicing clinicians and relies on didactic tabular and bullet points and a host of fine imagery describing the common features of the imaging of atherosclerosis, enabling the reader to understand more about the advantages and limitations of each modality in investigating athersclosis. Edited by and contributed to by a host of international experts in cardiac imaging, this book is a must read by all who image the heart.
- Atlas of advanced endoaortic surgery 2013, SpringerThe Cardiovascular Hybrid Operating Room -- Advanced Computed Tomography Imaging, Workstations, and Planning Tools -- Intravascular Ultrasound Applications for Endoaortic Surgery --Jacques Kpodonu and Stéphan Haulon -- Devices and Accessories in Endoaortic Surgery -- Access Techniques -- Spinal Cord Protection -- Endovascular Applications for Abdominal Aortic Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Aortoiliac Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Thoracic Aortic Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Thoracoabdominal Pathologies -- Endovascular Applications for Arch-Aortic Pathologies -- Complications in Endoaortic Surgery: Endoleaks After Endovascular Repair of the Abdominal Aorta -- Future Technology and Customized Solutions for Endoaortic Surgery.
- Atlas of heart disease and stroke 2004, WHO
- Basics and performance of cardiac computed tomography -- Nornal anatomy and congenital abnormalities of the coronary arteries -- Detection and quantification of coronary artery calcium by MDCT -- Coronary artery stenoses: detection, quantitation and characterization -- Morphological and functional assessment of heart chambers by MDCT.
- Atlas of nuclear cardiology. Fourth edition. 2013, Springer
- Atlas of pediatric cardiac CTA 2013, SpringerAdvantages of Cardiac CTA over Other Imaging Modalities -- Scanning Technique for Cardiac CTA in Infants and Small Children -- Advanced Postprocessing of Cardiac CTA -- Systematic Evaluation of Cardiac CTA -- Evaluation of the Atria, Atrioventricular Valves, and Veins -- Evaluation of the Ventricles -- Evaluation of the Great Vessels -- Evaluation of the Coronary Arteries -- Evaluation of the Lungs and Airways -- Evaluation of Situs -- Operations Performed for Patients with Congenital Heart Disease.
- Atlas of percutaneous edge-to-edge mitral valve repair 2013, SpringerMitral Valve Anatomy and Current Surgical and Percutaneous Approaches to Mitral Regurgitation -- Device Description and Procedural Overview -- Room Setup -- Summary of MitraClip Clinical Data and Approach to Patient Selection -- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Patients Before and After MitraClip Mitral Valve Repair -- MitraClip Procedural Echocardiography -- Transseptal Puncture -- Venous Access Management -- Hemodynamic Perspectives of Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair -- Situational Steering Techniques -- MitraClip: Basic Degenerative Case -- EVEREST II Basic Functional Case Study -- Barlow's Disease -- EVEREST II Case Study: Large Left Atrium -- Approach to Mitral Regurgitation Requiring Multiple MitraClips -- Case Example: Two Clips -- EVEREST II Delayed Second Clip for Early Recurrent MR -- Secondary Mitral Regurgitation Due to Ischemic Mitral Valve Disease and Mild Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease -- The Dilemma of Reducing Functional Mitral Regurgitation Versus Development of Mitral Stenosis -- Infective Endocarditis Associated with the MitraClip -- EVEREST II MitraClip After Failed Surgical Mitral Valve Repair -- EVEREST II Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Chiari Network Complicating a MitraClip Procedure -- EVEREST II: Two MitraClip Procedure with Partial Detachment of Second Device -- MitraClip Procedure in Unusual Heart Position -- Interatrial Septal Tear: A Rare Complication During MitraClip Procedure and Successful Transcatheter Closure -- Percutaneous Double-Valve Treatment in a Patient with Degenerative Aortic Stenosis and Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair After Previous Mitral Valve Reconstruction -- Case Examples: (1) Delayed Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High Risk Patient, and (2) Complex Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation (Anterior Leaflet Prolapse) with Commissural Impingement -- Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation with Missing Leaflet Coaptation -- Severe Ischemic Heart Failure with Functional Improvement After MitraClip Therapy -- Severe Left-to-Right Shunting from Iatrogenic Atrial Septal Defect -- MitraClip Implantation in Chronic Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation with Extensive Calcification -- 3D Transesophageal Echo-Guided MitraClip Treatment of P3 Mitral Valve Prolapse -- Failure and Complications of MitraClip® Implantation for Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation: A Combination of Unexpected Findings and Early Experience -- Mitral Valve Repair Using the MitraClip System in a Patient with Severe Mitral Regurgitation in the A3/P3 Region due to Chordae Rupture During Transapical TAVI -- MitraClip Implantation in a Patient with Severe Mitral Annular Calcification and a Small Orifice Area -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation Treatment with MitraClip: Difficult Transseptal Puncture with Anterior Approach Complicated by Right Atrial Thrombus -- MitraClip in a Patient with Dextrocardia and Scoliosis Complicated by Delayed Clip Detachment -- Massive Air Embolism During MitraClip Insertion -- The Degree and Type of Mitral Regurgitation Present at the Baseline Is Not Always a Good Predictor of the Procedural Technical Needs or of the Final Result -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation with a Wide Extension of the Central Regurgitant Jet -- Percutaneous Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair for Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High-Surgical-Risk Patient -- Mitral Stenosis After MitraClip Therapy and a Partial Solution for Treatment -- MitraClip Therapy for Functional Mitral Regurgitation: Importance of Jet Localization to Direct MitraClip Placement -- MitraClip: Acute Thrombus Formation During Guide Insertion -- MitraClip Placement in a Patient with Severe Kyphoscoliosis and Bileaflet Prolapse.
- Atlas of real time 3D transesophageal echocardiography 2010, SpringerTechnological issues -- General concepts -- The mitral valve -- The aortic valve and pulmonary valves -- Tricuspid valve and pulmonary valves -- Atrial and ventricular septa -- Right and left atria -- The right ventricle -- The left ventricle -- Clinical cases.
- Atlas of vascular anatomy. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidThe fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- Atrial fibrillation 2008, Springer
- Evolutionary aspects of the dietary omega-6:omega-3 fatty acid ratio : medical implications / A.P. Simopoulos -- Measuring blood fatty acids as a surrogate indicator for coronary heart disease risk in population studies / B. Lands -- Fast determination of fatty acids in whole blood collected from fingertips : application to the assessment of fatty acid patterns (and various indexes) in population studies / C. Galli ... [et al.] -- Evolution and cholesterol / S. Boyd Eaton -- Dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterolemia : a healthy relationship / D.J. McNamara -- Blood cholesterol as a good marker of health in Japan / Y. Ogushi -- Cholesterol and skeletal muscle health / S.E. Riechman ... [et al.] -- Disappointing recent cholesterol-lowering drug trials : is it not time for a full reappraisal of the cholesterol theory? / M. de Lorgeril -- Cholesterol was healthy in the end / V. Ravnskov -- Progress in lipid nutrition : the Columbus concept addressing chronic diseases / F. de Meester.
- Basic techniques in pediatric surgery 2013, SpringerPart A. Basic surgical techniques -- Part B. Head and neck -- Part C. Spine and limbs -- Part D. Thorax -- Part E. Abdomen -- Part F. Groin and genitalia -- Part G. Urology -- Part H. Perineum -- Part I. Minimally invasive surgery -- Appendix. Training in paediatric surgery -- Subject Index.
- Basis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias 2006, Springer
- Beta-blockade across the cardiovascular continuum 2009, HighWire
- Blood in motion 2011, Springer
- Self-monitoring of blood pressure -- Evaluation of journals, diaries, and indexes of work-site and environmental stress -- Ambulatory monitoring of blood pressure: devices, analysis, and clinical utility -- Validation and reliability of blood pressure monitors -- Circadian rhythmic and environmental determinants of 24-hour blood pressure regulation in normal and hypertensive conditions -- Circadian variation of blood pressure in the population at large -- Importance of heart rate in determining cardiovascular risk -- Sodium, potassium, the sympathetic nervous system, and the renin-angiotensin system: impact on the circadian variability in blood presure -- Prognostic value of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring -- Day/night pattern of myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death: interacting roles of the endogenous circadian system and behavioral triggers -- Seasonal, weekly and circadian variability of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke -- Ambulatory blood pressure in older patients -- Ambulatory blood pressure in children and adolescents -- Ambulatory blood pressure during pregnancy - Ambultory blood pressure in patients with chronic kidney disease -- Chronobiology and chronopharmacology of hypertension: importance of timing of dosing -- Advances in ambulatory blood pressure monitoring for the evaluation of antihypertensive therapy -- Ambultory blood pressure monitoring in clinical practice.
- Brain protection in cardiac surgery 2011, SpringerMolecular and biochemical basis of brain injury following heart surgery: interventions for the future -- Cardiopulmonary bypass circuit and the brain -- Neurological and cognitive sequelae of cardiac surgery -- Neurocognitive decline following cardiac surgery: incidence, risk factors, prevention, and outcomes -- Neuropathology of brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Biochemical markers of brain injury -- Pitfalls of neuropsychometric assessment and alternative investigative approaches -- Imaging of the brain in cardiac surgery as a tool in brain protection studies -- Current techniques of emboli detection and their utility in brain protection studies -- Intraoperative brain monitoring in cardiac surgery -- Near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring in cardiac surgery: theory, practice, and utility -- The design and methodology of clinical studies on neuroprotection in cardiac surgery -- Temperature and brain protection in cardiac surgery -- Studies of nonpharmacological interventions to reduce brain injury -- Pharmacological studies to reduce brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Off-pump and on-pump coronary artery surgery and the brain -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in pediatric heart surgery -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in aortic arch surgery -- The future of brain protection in cardiac surgery.
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 9th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Calcium handling in hiPSC-derived cardiomyocytes 2012, SpringerCalcium Handling in hiPSC-Derived Cardiomyocytes --Myocardial Infarction and Heart Failure --Embryonic Stem Cells/Pluripotent Stem Cells --Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (hiPSC)-Derived Cardiomyocytes as a Source for Cardiac Regeneration --Spontaneous Cardiac Differentiation --Mesoderm Enrichment by Wnt-Signaling Growth Factors --Endoderm-Like Cell (END)-2 Co-culture Method --Calcium Homeostasis in Cardiomyocytes --Sarcoplasmic Reticulum (SR) Governs Maturity of Cardiomyocytes --SR Junctional Proteins Play a Role in Calcium Flux Between Cytosol and SR --Spatial and Temporal Ca2+ Wavefront Dictated by T-Tubule Structure --IP3-Mediated Calcium Release Contributes to Whole-Cell Calcium Transients --Calcium Handling Properties of hES-Derived Cardiomyocytes --Calcium Handling Properties of hiPSC-Derived Cardiomyocytes --iPSC-Derived Cardiomyocyte as a Potential Platform for Disease Modeling of the Impaired Calcium Handling-Related Syndrome --Disease Modeling of Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia (CPVT) --Mitochondrial Dysfunction-Related Cardiomyopathy-Impaired SR Ca2+ Reuptake --Measurement of Cytosolic [Ca2+] by Fluorescence Confocal Microscopy --Materials --Calibration of Fluo-3 --Isolation of hiPSC- and hESC-Derived Cardiomyocytes --Recording of Cytosolic [Ca2+] --RT-qPCR of Calcium Handling Proteins.
- Calcium signalling 2013, SpringerSummary --Introduction --Direct evidence - the digital approach --Fluorescence-based visualisation --Aequorin-based measurements --Measurement of calcium transport across membranes --Molecular biology based approaches --Manipulation of calcium --Calcium-induced function --Calcium signalling in cardiac myocytes --Calcium signalling in red blood cells --Perspective --Calcium Signalling Methodology --Non-linear and ultra high-speed imaging for explorations of the murine and human heart --A system for optical high resolution screening of electrical excitable cells --Concepts for optical high content screens of excitable primary isolated cells --A primary culture system for sustained expression of a calcium sensor in preserved adult rat ventricular myocytes --Calcium imaging of individual erythrocytes: Problems and approaches --Calcium Signalling in Cardiac Myocytes --Reduced Cardiac L-Type Ca²+ Current in Cav€ ₂ -/- Embryos Impairs Cardiac Development and Contraction With Secondary Defects in Vascular Maturation --Overexpression of junctin causes adaptive changes in cardiac myocyte Ca²+ signaling --Remodelling of Ca²+ handling organelles in adult rat ventricular myocytes during longterm culture --Functional and morphological preservation of adult ventricular myocytes in culture by sub-micromolar cytochalasin D supplement --Calcium Signalling in Red Blood Cells --The non-selective voltage-activated cation channel in the human red blood cell membrane: reconciliation between two conflicting reports and further characterisation --Ion channels in the human red blood cell membrane: Their further investigation and physiological relevance --Prostaglandin E₂ activates channelmediated calcium entry in human erythrocytes: An indication for a blood clot formation supporting process --Functional NMDA receptors in rat erythrocytes --Stimulation of human red blood cells leads to Ca²+-mediated intercellular adhesion --Lysophospatidic acid induced red blood cell aggregation in vitro --Regulation of phosphatidylserine exposure in red blood cells --Cation Channels in Erythrocytes - Historical and Future Perspective.
- Cardiac adaptations 2013, SpringerThe processes of adaptation and maladaptation play an important role in the pathogeny of serious cardiovascular diseases, such as hypertension, valvular diseases, congenital heart disease, myocardial infarction and different cardiomyopathies as well as during adaptation to exercise and high altitude hypoxia. This volume incorporates the rapidly developing basic and clinically relevant information on adaptive mechanisms, thereby contributing to the better understanding of possible prevention and therapy of life-threatening cardiovascular diseases. The first section of this volume focuses on developmental aspects of cardiac adaptation, including chapters on comparative and molecular aspects of cardiac development, prenatal and postnatal developments, coronary vascular development, and ontogenetic adaptation to hypoxia, as well as cardiac and arterial adaptation during aging. The second section is devoted to cardiac adaptations to overload on the heart, centered around the mechanisms of cardiac hypertrophy due to pressure overload, volume overload, exercise, gender difference, high altitude, and different pathological situations. The third section of this volume highlights the roles of sympathetic nervous system with respect to [alpha]-adrenoceptor and [beta]-adrenoceptor mechanisms in the development of cardiac hypertrophy. Cardiac Adaptations will be of great value to cardiovascular investigators, who will find this book highly useful in their cardiovascular studies for finding solutions in diverse pathological conditions; it will also appeal to students, fellows, scientists, and clinicians interested in cardiovascular abnormalities.
- Cardiac arrhythmias 2014, SpringerThe past 50 years have witnessed the growth and evolution of clinical electrophysiology from a field whose goals were simply to understand of the mechanisms of arrhythmia to one of significant therapeutic impact. The development and refinement of implantable devices and catheter ablation have made non-pharmacological therapy a treatment of choice for most arrhythmias encountered in clinical practice. Cardiac Arrhythmias: From Basic Mechanism To State-of-the-Art Management provides an electrophysiologic approach to arrhythmias predicated on the hypothesis that a better understanding of the mechanisms of arrhythmias will lead to more successful and rationally chosen therapy. It encompasses the anatomy of arrhythmias, diagnostic methods, comorbid diseases, and the treatment of all forms of cardiac arrhythmias. It discusses modern ablation and mapping techniques, while reviews the methodology required to define the mechanism and site of origin of arrhythmias, so that safe and effective therapy can be chosen. It will thus be of interest to all involved in the management of these patients, from clinical cardiac electrophysiologists themselves to clinical cardiologists, interventionalists, cardiac surgeons, emergency medicine physicians and researchers in basic cardiac science.
- Cardiac arrhythmias 2005 2006, Springer
- Cardiac bioelectric therapy 2009, Springer
- Cardiac cell and gene transfer 2002, Springer Protocols
- Cardiac CT imaging. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerCT has long been considered an accurate technique in the assessment of cardiac structure and function, but advances in computing power and scanning technology have resulted in its increasing popularity. This book collates all relevant imaging findings of the use of cardiac CT and presents them in a relevant and practical manner.
- Cardiac CT. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, SpringerCardiac computed tomography (CT) has become a highly accurate diagnostic modality that continues to attract increasing attention. This extensively illustrated book aims to assist the reader in integrating cardiac CT into daily clinical practice, while also reviewing its current technical status and applications. Clear guidance is provided on the performance and interpretation of imaging using the latest technology, which offers greater coverage, better spatial resolution, and faster imaging while also providing functional information about cardiac diseases. The specific features of scanners from all four main vendors, including those that have only recently become available, are presented. Among the wide range of applications and issues discussed are coronary calcium scoring, coronary artery bypass grafts, stents, and anomalies, cardiac valves and function, congenital and acquired heart disease, and radiation exposure. Upcoming clinical uses of cardiac CT, such as hybrid imaging, preparation and follow-up after valve replacement, electrophysiology applications, myocardial perfusion and fractional flow reserve assessment, and plaque imaging, are also explored.
- Cardiac drug therapy. 7th ed. 2007, Springer
- Cardiac electrophysiology 2011, Springer
- Cardiac electrophysiology methods and models 2010, SpringerBasic cardiac electrophysiology: excitable membranes -- Cardiac action potentials, ion channels, and gap junctions -- Anatomy and physiology of the cardiac conduction system -- The electrocardiogram and clinical cardiac electrophysiology -- Clinical cardiac electrophysiology : an overview of its evolution -- Principles of electrophysiological in vitro measurements -- Cardiac cellular electrophysiological modeling -- Computer modeling of electrical activation : from cellular dynamics to the whole heart -- Detection and measurement of cardiac ion channels -- Cell culture models and methods -- Isolated tissue models -- Isolated heart models -- Small animal models for arrhythmia studies -- Use of large animal models for cardiac electrophysiology studies -- Optical mapping and calcium imaging -- Electrophysiology of single cardiomyocytes : patch clamp and other recording methods -- Invasive electroanatomical mapping and navigation -- Cardiac electrophysiological imaging : solving the inverse problem of electrocardiography -- Traditional electrophysiological mapping -- Multi-channel system for analysis of cardiac rhythmicity and conductivity in vitro -- Cardiac CT/MRI imaging for electrophysiology -- Introduction to translational research -- Clinical perspective : electrophysiology in the young and patients with congenital heart disease.
- Cardiac electrophysiology. Sixth edition. [6th ed.] 2014, ScienceDirectCardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside puts the latest knowledge in this subspecialty at your fingertips, giving you a well-rounded, expert grasp of every cardiac electrophysiology issue that affects your patient management. Drs. Zipes, Jalife, and a host of other world leaders in cardiac electrophysiology use a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to guide you through all of the most recent cardiac drugs, techniques, and technologies. Get well-rounded, expert views of every cardiac electrophysiology issue that affects your patient management from preeminent authorities in cardiology, physiology, pharmacology, pediatrics, biophysics, pathology, cardiothoracic surgery, and biomedical engineering from around the world.Visually grasp and easily absorb complex concepts through an attractive full-color design featuring color photos, tables, flow charts, ECGs, and more!
- Cardiac gene expression 2007, Springer Protocols
- Cardiac imaging 2008, ThiemeIschemic heart disease / S. Miller, U. Kramer -- Heart failure / R. Riessen -- Acquired valvular heart diseases / U. Kramer -- Cardiomyopathy / S. Miller -- Inflammatory heart diseases / S. Miller -- Hypertension / R. Riessen -- Tumors and other masses / M. Fenchel -- Trauma / U. Kramer -- Congenital heart diseases / M. Fenchel -- Diseases of the great vessels / U. Kramer -- Standard planes of section / S. Miller.
- Cardiac imaging in electrophysiology 2012, SpringerPart I. Technology Evaluation -- 1. Imaging-Based Heart Anatomy / Francesco Fulvio Faletra, Ann C. Garlitski, François Regoli, and Natesa G. Pandian -- 2. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Description of Technology and Protocols / Gaston R. Vergara and Nassir F. Marrouche -- 3. Cardiac Computed Tomography: Description of Technology and Protocols / Quynh A. Truong, Subodh B. Joshi, and Udo Hoffmann -- 4. Nuclear-Based Imaging: Description of Technology and Protocols / Juhani Knuuti -- 5. Echocardiography: Technology and Protocols / José Zamorano and José Alberto de Agustín -- Part II. Catheter Ablation -- 6. Anatomy Assessment for Atrial Arrhythmias / Sheldon M. Singh and Andre D'Avila -- 7. Anatomical Assessment for Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia / Paolo Della Bella, Giuseppe Maccabelli, and Corrado Carbucicchio -- 8. Intra-Procedural Techniques: Fluoroscopy and Angiography / Matthew Wright, Sébastien Knecht, and Pierre Jaïs -- 9. Intraprocedural Techniques: Transesophageal (2D/3D) and Intracardiac Echocardiography / Josef Kautzner and Petr Peichl -- 10. Intraprocedural Techniques: Angioscopy and Optical Imaging / Paul J. Wang, Amin Al-Ahmad, Henry H. Hsia, Paul C. Zei, Mintu Turakhia, Marco Perez, and Christian S. Eversull -- 11. Contact and Noncontact Electroanatomical Mapping / Narayanan Namboodiri, Anthony G. Brooks, and Prashanthan Sanders -- 12. The Role of Imaging for Catheter Ablation in the Pediatric Population / John Triedman -- Part III. Device Therapy -- 13. Substrate Assessment: Echocardiography, MRI, and CCT / Victoria Delgado, Matteo Bertini, Rutger J. van Bommel, C. Jan Willem Borleffs, Martin J. Schalij, and Jeroen J. Bax -- 14. Dyssynchrony Evaluation: Echocardiography / John Gorcsan III -- 15. Dyssynchrony Evaluation: MRI and CCT / Kenneth Bilchick, Eliot McVeigh, and Albert Lardo -- 16. Nuclear Imaging for Device Therapy / Amparo L. Figueroa and Ahmed Tawakol -- 17. Post-CRT Imaging Based Optimization / Veronica Lea J. Dimaano, Aurélio C. Pinheiro, and Theodore P. Abraham -- 18. Sudden Cardiac Risk Assessment / Stephan Danik and Jagmeet Singh -- Part IV. Advances in Navigation and Integration -- 19. MRI/CCT Fusion into Fluoroscopic Imaging / Nassir F. Marrouche and Gaston R. Vergara -- 20. Magnetic Navigation: Description of Technique, Advantages, and Technical Issues / Sabine Ernst -- 21. Magnetic and Robotic Navigation / Bruce D. Lindsay and Oussama Wazni.
- Cardiac lymphatic system 2013, SpringerAnatomy of the Cardiac Lymphatic System.A General Outline of the Cardiac Lymphatic System /Marios Loukas, Sameer Shah, Shivayogi Bhusnurmath, Bharti Shivayogi Bhusnurmath --Development and Patterning of the Cardiac Lymphatic Network /Jörg Wilting, Jörg Männer --The Cardiac Lymphatics and Heart Disease.The Link Between Lymphatic Obstruction and Congenital Heart Disease /Manish Bansal --The Role of Lymphatics in Atherogenesis, Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, and Cardiac Transplantation /Shin Lin, Stanley G. Rockson --The Lymphatics in Normal and Pathological Heart Valves /Ivana Kholová, Galina Dragneva, Seppo Ylä-Herttuala --Therapeutic Applications Targeting the Cardiac Lymphatics in Heart Disease /Jae-Hyeong Park, Jin-Ok Jeong --Imaging the Lymphatic System in Heart Transplantation and Its Immunological Implications /Kathryn Brown, Lindsey A. Edwards, Wilson Wong --Cardiac Lymphatic Signaling.Tie Receptor Signaling in Cardiac Lymphangiogenesis /Xianghu Qu, H. Scott Baldwin --VEGF Receptor Signaling in the Cardiac Lymphatics /Alexey Dashkevich, Karl B. Lemström, Antti I. Nykänen --Hypoxia and the Cardiac Lymphatic System /Todd R. Wuest, P. Charles Lin --The Potential of the Epicardium to Act as a Source of Lymphatic Cells /Linda Klotz, Paul Riley.
- Cardiac mechanotransduction 2007, Springer
- Cardiac nursing. 5th ed. 2005, Ovid
- Cardiac nursing. 6th ed. 2010, OvidPart I. Anatomy and Physiology -- Part II. Physiologic and Pathologic Responses -- Part III. Assessment of Heart Disease -- Part IV. Pathophysiology and Management of Heart Disease -- Part V. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- Cardiac pacing and device therapy 2012, Springer
- Cardiac pacing for the clinician. 2nd ed. 2008, SpringerPacing leads -- The pulse generator -- Modes of pacemaker function -- Implant techniques -- Transvenous left ventricular lead implantation -- Endocardial lead extraction -- Techniques for temporary pacing -- Difibrillator function and implantation -- Sinus node dysfunction -- Acquired atrioventricular block -- Cardiac resynchronization therapy for congestive heart failure -- Pacing therapies for atrical fibrillation -- Pacemakers and syncope -- Indications for implantable cardiovascular defibrillators -- Cardiac device therapy in children -- Cardiac pacing in the critical care setting -- Environmental effects on cardiac pacing systems -- Radiography of implantable arrhythmia management devices -- Follow-up management of the paced patient -- Follow-up of the patient with an implanted cardiac defibrillator.
- Cardiac pathology 2013, SpringerGeneral Considerations and Anatomy -- Cardiac Electrophysiology -- Cardiac Imaging -- Current Therapeutics for Cardiac Disease -- The Heart at Autopsy -- Embryology of the Heart -- Ischemic Heart Disease -- Myocarditis/Inflammatory Cardiomyopathy -- Valvular Heart Disease -- Transplant Pathology -- Cardiomyopathies -- Cardiac Tumors -- Congenital Heart Disease -- Sudden Cardiac Death.
- Cardiac PET and PET/CT imaging 2007, Springer
- Cardiac reconstructions with allograft tissues 2005, Springer
- Cardiac rehabilitation 2007, Springer
- Cardiac rehabilitation manual 2011, SpringerGeneral Principles of Exercise Testing in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- General Principles of Nutrition Support in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- Psychological Care of Cardiac Patients -- Exercise Training in Cardiac Rehabilitation -- Angina Pectoris -- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 and Cardiovascular Disease -- Cardiac Rehabilitation After Acute Myocardial Infarction: The Influence of Psychosocial Disorders -- Stable Coronary Artery Disease: Exercise-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation Reduces the Risk of Recurrent Angina after PCI in the Case of Arterial Hypertension -- Rehabilitation of Patients After CABG/Sternotomy -- Congestive Heart Failure: Stable Chronic Heart Failure Patients -- Cardiac Rehabilitation in Patients with Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator -- Exercise Training in Congenital Heart Diseases -- Pacemaker Implantation -- Patient with Peripheral Artery Disease.
- Cardiac remodeling 2013, SpringerThe main objective of Cardiac Remodeling: Molecular Mechanisms is to summarize the major research advances in molecular, biochemical and translational aspects of cardiac remodeling over the last 2 to 3 decades under one cover and touch on future directions. It provides a high profile and valuable publication resource on molecular mechanisms of cardiac remodeling for both the present and future generations of researchers, teachers, students and trainees. This book should stimulate future translational research targeted towards discovery and development for preventing, limiting and reversing bad remodeling over the next few decades, with the ultimate goal of preventing progression to systolic and/or diastolic heart failure. The chapters suggest potential novel strategies that should receive attention for translating basic research knowledge to application in patients at the bedside.
- Cardiac safety of noncardiac drugs 2005, Springer
- Cardiac surgery in the adult. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Cardiac surgery in the adult. 4th ed. 2012, AccessSurgery
- Cardiac tumor pathology 2013, SpringerCardiac tumors were once a nosographic entity of scarce clinical interest because of the rarity and of the intrinsic diagnostic and therapeutic impossibilities, and were considered a fatal morbid entity. It has now become a topical subject due to advances in clinical imaging (echo, magnetic resonance, computed tomography) as well as innovation in technologies of in-vivo diagnosis. Cardiac Tumor Pathology presents a spectacular example of these advances with clinico-pathologic correlations. This timely volume covers history, epidemiology, demographics, clinical diagnosis, pathology, imaging by echo, CT and MRI of both benign and malignant cardiac tumors, either primary or secondary. Chemotherapy of malignant neoplasms is also addressed. Special emphasis is given to clinico-pathologic correlations. With all chapters written by experts in their fields, this volume will serve as a useful resource for physicians dealing with, and interested in, this special branch of cardiac oncology and will represent a useful guide for pathologists, clinicians, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, and radiologists as well as for postgraduate students training in these areas.
- Cardiac valvular medicine 2013, SpringerExperimental studies in the field of cardiac valve biology are now demonstrating that the cardiac valve disease process is an active biology with risk factors analogous to vascular risk factors. Understanding the risk factors is also evolving rapidly, giving physicians and scientists insight into the cellular mechanisms and raising the possibility of treating these valve lesions with other options besides surgical valve repair. Our knowledge of right-sided valve lesions is also rapidly becoming important in the field of valvular medicine. Not only is the pathology different from left-sided valve lesions, but the hemodynamic compromise is more complex and difficult to treat in patients who develop tricuspid or pulmonic valve disease. Early diagnosis and careful management of this patient population is critical for long term outcomes in this patient population. Cardiac Valvular Medicine represents an overview of the most recent science, clinical trials and new discoveries in the field of valvular heart disease. The editor has assembled a team of highly experienced contributors to provide a thorough translational understanding of the current and future treatments for this patient population. Cardiologists, internists, family practice physicians, cardiac surgeons and basic scientists will all find enormous benefit from this textbook.
- Cardio-thoracic, vascular, renal and transplant surgery 2014, SpringerWritten by "internationally acclaimed" specialists, Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Cardio-Thoracic, Vascular, Renal and Transplant Surgery provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Cardiology essentials in clinical practice 2011, Springer
- Cardiology explained 2004, NCBI Bookshelf
- Cardiology in family practice 2006, SpringerAcute coronary syndromes -- Arrhythmias -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis -- Congestive heart failure -- Hyperlipidemia -- Hypertension -- Pericardial diseases -- Stable angina -- Valvular disease.
- Cardiology secrets. Fourth edition [4th ed.]. 2014, ScienceDirectGet quick answers to the most important clinical questions with Cardiology Secrets! Using the popular and trusted Secret Series Q&A format, this easy-to-read cardiology book provides rapid access to the practical, "in-the-trenches" know-how you need to succeed both in practice, and on cardiology board and recertification exams. Get the evidence-based guidance you need to provide optimal care for your patients with cardiac heart diseases.Explore effective solutions to a full range of clinical issues including the general examination, diagnostic procedures, arrhythmias, symptoms and disease states, valvular heart disease, cardiovascular pharmacology, and other medical conditions with associated cardiac involvement.Zero in on key information with bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from the leading cardiologists, and "Key Points" boxes that provide a concise overview of important board-relevant content.Review essential material efficiently with the "Top 100 Secrets in Cardiology" - perfect for last-minute study or self-assessment.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation 2005, SpringerHistory of the science of cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Mickey S. Eisenberg -- Epidemiology of sudden death / Russell V. Luepker -- Prevention of sudden cardiac death / Joseph E. Marine -- Physiology of ventilation during cardiac arrest / Andrea Gabrielli, A. Joseph Layon, and Ahamed H. Idris -- Management of ventilation during resuscitation / Marsh Cuttino -- Management of airway obstruction / Michael R. Sayre -- Etiology, electrophysiology, myocardial energy mechanics, and treatment of bradyasystole / Charles E. Cady and Tom P. Aufderheide -- Pulseless electrical activity / John M. Field -- Chest compression technique: a neglected key to success in CPR / Charles F. Babbs -- Alternate CPR devices and techniques / Henry Halperin and Barr Rayburn -- Training adults to perform CPR : what works? / Barbara Riegel, Lars Wik, and Alidene Doherty -- External defibrillation / Gregory P. Walcott, Cheryl R. Killingsworth, and Raymond E. Ideker -- Public access defibrillation / Vincent N. Mosesso, Jr., Mary M. Newman, and Kristin R. Hanson -- Pacing during cardiac arrest / Allan S. Jaffe and Utpal H. Pandya -- Therapeutic hypothermia in the treatment of cardiac arrest / Benjamin S. Abella, Terry Vanden Hoek, and Lance B. Becker -- Percutaneous coronary bypass as an adjunct for resuscitation / Catherine Cooper and Bruce D. Spiess -- Principles of drug delivery during CPR / Edgar R. Gonzalez ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological resuscitation interventions / Wanchun Tang, Shijie Sun, and Max Harry Weil --Use of vasopressor drugs / Anette C. Krismer ... [et al.] -- Buffer therapy / Martin von Planta -- Antiarrhythmic drugs and cardiac resuscitation / Brian Olshansky, Pamela Nerheim, and Richard Kerber -- Electrolyte disturbances and cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Domenic A. Sica -- Cardiac arrest in pregnancy / Alison A. Rodriguez and Gary A. Dildy, III -- Drowning / Jerome H. Modell and Andrea Gabrielli -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and early management of the lightning strike victim / Mary Ann Cooper and Sara Ashley Johnson -- Hypothermic cardiac arrest / Daniel F. Danzl -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in trauma / Rao R. Ivatury and Kevin R. Ward -- Monitoring techniques during resuscitation / Kevin R. Ward, R. Wayne Barbee, and Rao R. Ivatury -- Myocardial dysfunction postresuscitation / Alejandro Vasquez and Karl B. Kern -- Postresuscitation cerebral dysfunction : prevention and treatment / Antonio E. Mu-iz -- Pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Robert A. Berg and Vinay M. Nadkarni -- In-hospital resuscitation / Mary Ann Peberdy -- Successful systems for out-of-hospital resuscitation / Paul E. Pepe, Lynn A. Roppolo, and Leonard A. Cobb -- Animal models of resuscitation / Kevin R. Ward and R. Wayne Barbee -- Design of clinical trials related to medical emergencies / Alfred Hallstrom -- Ethics in resuscitation / Antonio E. Mu-iz -- The future of cardiopulmonary resuscitation : combination therapy / Joseph P. Ornato.
- Cardiorenal syndrome 2010, SpringerChronic kidney disease with a worldwide prevalence of 10% in the general population is emerging as a major public health priority. Renal dysfunction is associated with a high risk for cardiovascular complications. The relationship between renal insufficiency and cardiovascular disease, termed the cardiorenal syndrome exists whether impairment of renal function is a consequence of primary renal parenchymal disease or primary heart disease. This book provides a comprehensive update analysis of our current understanding of the cardiorenal syndrome including epidemiology pathophysiologic mechanism.
- Cardiothoracic surgery in the elderly 2011, SpringerPart 1. General Aspects of Care -- Invited Commentary / Ronnie A. Rosenthal -- The Epidemiology and Economics of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the Elderly / David A. Etzioni and Vaughn A. Starnes -- Principles of Geriatric Surgery / Mark R. Katlic -- Geriatric Models of Care / Elizabeth A. Capezuti, Patricia Ursomanno, Marie Boltz and Hongsoo Kim -- Delirium After Cardiac Surgery / James L. Rudolph -- Cardiac Rehabilitation in the Elderly / Carl I. Gonzales and Lois A. Killewich -- Legal Aspects of Geriatric Surgery / Marshall B. Kapp -- Ethical Issues in Cardiothoracic Surgery for the Elderly / Susan M. Hecker and Robert M. Sade -- Acute Pain Control in Geriatric Patients After Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeries / Jack M. Berger, Tawfik Ayoub and Jayeshkumar Patel -- Palliative Care in the Elderly / Geoffrey P. Dunn -- Cardiopulmonary Trauma in the Elderly / Jay Menaker and Thomas M. Scalea -- Imaging Features of the Normal Aging Chest / Carol C. Wu and Jo-Anne O. Shepard -- Cardiac Imaging in the Elderly / Faisal Nabi, Dipan J. Shah, Stephen H. Little and Su Min Chang -- Part 2. Physiologic Changes -- Invited Commentary / Michael E. Zenilman -- Biology of Aging / Huber R. Warner -- Hematologic Disorders in the Elderly / Ilene C. Weitz -- Anticoagulation in the Older Surgical Patient / M. Kate Elfrey and Susan J. Zieman -- Medication Usage in Older Cardiothoracic Surgical Patients / Richard A. Marottoli, Sean M. Jeffery and Roshini C. Pinto-Powell -- Wound Healing in the Elderly / Christopher G. Engeland and Praveen K. Gajendrareddy -- Pulmonary Changes in the Elderly / Keenan A. Hawkins and Ravi Kalhan -- Cardiac Changes in the Elderly / Wilbert S. Aronow and William H. Frishman -- Renal Changes in the Elderly / Carlos G. Musso and Dimitrios G. Oreopoulos -- Gastrointestinal and Liver Changes in the Elderly / Vadim Sherman, John A. Primomo and F. Charles Brunicardi --Neurologic and Cognitive Changes in the Elderly / J. Riley McCarten -- Hormonal Changes During and After Cardiac Surgery / Marcello Maggio, Chiara Cattabiani and Gian Paolo Ceda -- Part 3. Cardiac Surgery -- Invited Commentary / William A. Baumgartner -- Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation in the Elderly Cardiac Surgery Patient / Joseph C. Cleveland -- Cardiac Anesthesia in the Elderly / Eric W. Nelson and James H. Abernathy -- Postoperative and Critical Care in the Elderly Cardiac Surgery Patient / Christopher J. Barreiro, Kerry J. Stewart and Glenn Whitman -- Surgery for Ischemic Coronary Disease in the Elderly / Margarita T. Camacho and Melissa L. Wong -- Surgical Treatment of Aortic Valve Disease in the Elderly / Vinod H. Thourani and Robert A. Guyton -- Surgical Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease in the Elderly / Maqsood M. Elahi and Kenton J. Zehr -- Surgical Treatment of Thoracic Aortic Disease in the Elderly / Arnar Geirsson -- Surgical Treatment of Pericardial Disease in the Elderly / Joshua Kindelan and Alberto de Hoyos -- Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators in the Elderly / Luciana Armaganijan and Jeff S. Healey -- Heart Transplantation and Mechanical Assistance in the Elderly / Edwin C. McGee -- Part 4. Thoracic Surgery -- Invited Commentary / Joseph LoCicero -- Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation in the Elderly Thoracic Surgery Patient / Ticiana Leal, Noelle K. LoConte, Anai Kothari and Tracey L. Weigel -- Thoracic Anesthesia in the Elderly / Anne C. Kolker -- Postoperative and Critical Care in the Elderly Thoracic Surgery Patient / Brannon R. Hyde and Joseph B. Zwischenberger -- Adjuvant Therapy for Lung Cancer in the Elderly / Jared Weiss and Corey J. Langer -- Pulmonary Surgery for Malignant Disease in the Elderly / Sarah E. Billmeier and Michael T. Jaklitsch -- Benign Thoracic Disease in the Elderly / Rita A. Mukhtar and Pierre R. Theodore -- Lung Transplantation in the Elderly / Juan J. Fibla, Sandra C. Tomaszek and Stephen D. Cassivi -- Esophageal Surgery for Malignant Disease in the Elderly / Philip A. Rascoe and John C. Kucharczuk -- Esophageal Surgery for Benign Disease in the Elderly / Rose E. Hardin, Katie S. Nason and James D. Luketich -- Surgery for Mediastinal Disease in the Elderly / Cameron D. Wright -- Surgery for Pleural Disease in the Elderly / Raja M. Flores and Naveed Z. Alam -- Surgery for Chest Wall Disease in the Elderly / Daniel L. Miller -- Surgery of the Trachea and Bronchi in the Elderly / Douglas J. Mathisen and Ashok Muniappan.
- Cardiovascular biomarkers 2006, SpringerBiomarkers of myocardial necrosis: past, present, and future / Robert H. Christenson and Hassan M.E. Azzazy -- Analytical issues for the clinical use of cardiac troponin / Alan H.B. Wu -- Defining myocardial infarction / Allan S. Jaffe and Luciano Babuin -- Biomarkers in the emergency department: rapid diagnosis and triage / Jin H. Han and W. Brian Gibler -- Cardiac troponin for risk assessment and management of non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome / Bertil Lindahl -- Biomarkers of necrosis for risk assessment and management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction / Evangelos Giannitsis and Hugo A. Katus -- Cardiac troponin after revascularization procedures / Warren J. Cantor and L. Kristin Newby -- Biomarkers of necrosis in heart failure: past, present, and future directions / Emil Missov, James Rider, and Leslie Miller -- Is there a role for cardiac troponin and other biomarkers in patients with pulmonary embolism? / Samuel Z. Goldhaber -- Cardiac troponin in conditions other than acute coronary syndromes / Fred S. Apple and David A. Morrow -- Degradation of cardiac troponins: implications for clinical practice / Allan S. Jaffe and Jennifer E. Van Eyk --Clinical use of natriuretic peptides for the diagnosis and management of heart failure / Alan Maisel -- Natriuretic peptides in acute and chronic coronary artery disease / Shuaib M. Abdullah and James A. de Lemos -- Novel markers of hemodynamic stress / Ellen O. Weinberg and Richard T. Lee -- Clinical and research applications of markers of thrombosis / Manesh R. Patel and Richard C. Becker -- Measures of platelet activation and aggregation / Jean-Philippe Collet and Gilles Montalescot -- Monocyte-platelet aggregates in patients with ischemic heart disease / Matthew D. Linden and Mark I. Furman -- Measurement of atherogenic lipoproteins in cardiovascular risk assessment / Richard L. Dunbar and Daniel J. Rader -- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 and other lipid-related biomarkers in cardiovascular disease / Natalie Khuseyinova and Wolfgang Koenig -- A multimarker approach to evaluation of patients with acute coronary syndrome / David A. Morrow -- Cardiac biomarkers by point-of-care testing / Paul O. Collinson -- Proteomics and cardiovascular biomarker discovery / Emerson Liu and Robert E. Gerszten -- Genetic markers in cardiovascular disease / Marc S. Sabatine.Developing a marker of ischemia: clinical and research challenges / Robert L. Jesse -- Emerging biomarkers of myocardial ischemia / Jesse E. Adams -- Inflammation in cardiovascular disease: the biological basis of inflammatory biomarkers / Peter Libby -- Analytical issues for the clinical use of c-reactive protein / Nader Rifai -- C-reactive protein as a tool for risk assessment in primary prevention / Shari S. Bassuk and Paul M. Ridker -- High-sensitivity c-reactive protein for risk assessment in acute coronary syndromes / Luigi M. Biasucci and Antonio Abbate -- Beyond c-reactive protein: novel markers of vascular inflammation / Christopher Heeschen -- Biomarkers of inflammation: implications in patients with heart failure / Biykem Bozkurt -- Biomarkers of infection and risk of coronary heart disease / Joseph B. Muhlestein -- Biology of the natriuretic peptides / Charlotte Kragelund and Torbjørn Omland -- Analytical issues for the clinical use of b-type natriuretic peptide and n-terminal pro b-type natriuretic peptide / Johannes Mair --
- Cardiovascular CT and MR imaging 2013, SpringerThe availability and diffusion of high-performance technologies has strengthened the role of CT angiography and MR angiography as simple, reliable techniques for the characterization and treatment planning of the principal diseases of the cardiovascular system, an understanding of which has become essential for all radiologists. The aim of this book is to provide concise but thorough information and guidance on the main methods and examination techniques used when performing high-quality CT angiography and MR angiography studies in a broad range of clinical settings. The lucid text is supported by a large number of case studies and is rich in advice on image interpretation and practical suggestions for the evaluation and reporting of the examinations. Importantly, a central feature is detailed comparison of the advantages and limitations of the two techniques in various diseases and vascular regions; the book will therefore enable both trainee and expert radiologists to understand their indications and to select the most appropriate technique in different contexts.
- Cardiovascular diabetology 2008, KargerHyperglycemia and the pathobiology of diabetic complications / Aronson, D. -- Endothelial dysfunction in normal and abnormal glucose metabolism / Esper, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Biomarkers in cardiovascular diabetology: interleukins and matrixins / Fisman, E.Z. ; Adler, Y.; Tenenbaum, A. -- Arterial elasticity in cardiovascular disease: focus on hypertension, metabolic syndrome and diabetes / Cernes, R.; Zimlichman, R.; Shargorodsky, M. -- Hypertension and diabetes / Grossman, E.; Messerli, F.H. -- Impaired glucose metabolism and cerebrovascular diseases / Tanne, D. -- Impact of metabolic syndrome in patients with acute coronary syndrome / Feinberg, M.S.; Schwartz, R.; Behar, S. -- Optimal management of combined dyslipidemia: what have we behind statins monotherapy? / Tenenbaum, A. ... [et al.] -- Non-insulin antidiabetic therapy in cardiac patients: current problems and future prospects / Fisman, E.Z.; Motro, M.; Tenenbaum, A.
- Cardiovascular disease v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Molecular medicine.
- Cardiovascular disease in AIDS 2005, Springer
- Cardiovascular disease in racial and ethnic minorities 2009, SpringerCardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minorities: overview and perspectives -- Epidemiology of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors among racial/ethnic populations -- Unmasking racial/ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease: nutritional, socioeconomic, cultural, and health-care-related contributions -- Race and genetics -- Race, genetics and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension and stroke in racial/ethnic groups -- Dyslipidemia in racial/ethnic groups -- Novel & emerging risk factors in racial/ethnic groups -- Weight loss interventions to control blood pressure in an increasingly overweight, multi-ethnic society -- Obesity and the cardiometabolic syndrome: impact on chronic kidney disease and CVD -- Risk calculation and clustering within racial/ethnic groups -- Cardiovascular imaging in racial/ethinc populations: implications for the adequate application of cardiovascular imaging techniques guided by racial/ethnical risk factor variations -- Unique aspects of vascular and cardiac ultrasound in racial/ethnical groups -- Heart failure in racial/ethnic group -- Minority women and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly 2005, SpringerAging of the heart and arteries : relevance to cardiovascular disease / Samer S. Najjar and Edward G. Lakatta -- Frailty : keystone in the bridge between geriatrics and cardiology / William Russell Hazzard -- Cardiovascular risk factors in the elderly : evaluation and intervention / Susan J. Zieman and Beth R. Malasky -- Stable coronary artery disease in the elderly / Beth R. Malasky and Joseph S. Alpert -- Age and mortality and morbidity in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction / Steven P. Schulman and Gary Gerstenblith -- Unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction in the elderly / Stephen D. Wiviott and Christopher P. Cannon -- Percutaneous coronary intervention in the elderly / Michael J. McWilliams and Eric J. Topol -- Cardiac surgery in the elderly / David D. Yuh and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart failure in the elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Valvular heart disease in the elderly / Milind Y. Desai and Gary Gerstenblith -- Arrhythmia management in the elderly / Jonathan P. Piccini and Hugh Calkins -- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly / Emile R. Mohler III and William R. Hiatt -- Cardiac rehabilitation in older cardiac patients / Philip A. Ades -- Clinical pharmacology / Janice B. Schwartz -- Medical treatment of the cardiac patient approaching the end of life / Lofty L. Basta, W. Daniel Doty, and Michael D.D. Geldart.
- Cardiovascular diseases 2013, CRCnetBASEPt. 1. Epidemiological study of heart disease -- pt. 2. Epigenetic modifications in arterial and heart diseases -- pt. 3. Cardiovascular disease -- pt. 4. Nutritional and other therapeutic interventions for CVD.
- Cardiovascular English 2008, Springer
- Cardiovascular gap junctions 2006, KargerCardiac connexins: genes to nexus / Duffy, H.S., Fort, A.G., Spray, D.C. -- Physiology of cardiovascular gap junctions / Van Veen, T.A.B., Van Rijen, H.V.M., Jongsma, H.J. -- Role of connexin43-interacting proteins at gap junctions / Giepmans, B.N.G. -- Life cycle of connexins: regulation of connexin synthesis and degradation / Salameh, A. -- Gap junctions and propagation of the cardiac action potential / Bernstein, S.A., Morley, G.E. -- Micropatterns of propagation / Lee, P., Pogwizd, S.M. -- Pharmacology of cardiovascular gap junctions / Hervé, J.-C., Dhein, S. -- Structural and functional coupling of cardiac myocytes and fibroblasts / Camelliti, P., Green, C.R., Kohl, P. -- Connexins and cardiac arrhythmias / Van Rijen, H.V.M. ... [et al.] -- Role of connexins in atrial fibrillation / Dhein, S. -- Connexins in the sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodes / Boyett, M.R. ... [et al.] -- Cardiac ischemia and uncoupling: gap junctions in ischemia and infarction / Dhein, S. -- Connexin 43 and ischemic preconditioning / Schulz, R., Heusch, G. -- Alterations in cardiac connexin expression in cardiomyopathies / Severs, N.J. ... [et al.] -- Alterations of connexin 43 in the diabetic rat heart / Lin, H. ... [et al.] -- Connexins in atherosclerosis / Chadjichristos, C.E., Derouette, J.-P., Kwak, B.R. -- Connexin-dependent communication within the vascular wall: contribution to the control of arteriolar diameter / De Wit, C., Wölfle, S.E., Höpfl, B. -- Cx40 polymorphism in human atrial fibrillation / Hauer, R.N.W. ... [et al.].
- Cardiovascular genomics 2005, SpringerAngiotensin II receptor polymorphisms and hypertension / Bruno Baudin -- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms and hypertension / Ashok Kumar -- Substitution mapping: using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure / Bina Joe and Michael R. Garrett -- Local production of angiotensinogen: insights from genetic manipulation of mice / Kamal Rahmouni and Curt D. Sigmund -- Cardiovascular pharmacogenomics / Julie A. Johnson and Larisa H. Cavallari -- Genetic polymorphisms and responses to HMG-CoA, reductase inhibitors / Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee, Olaf H. Klungel, and Anthonius de Boer -- Monogenic causes of heart failure: familial dilated cardiomyopathy / Hideko Kasahara -- Gene therapy vs. pharmacotherapy / Ryuichi Morishita -- Molecular therapeutic approaches for myocardial protection / Alok S. Pachori, Luis G. Melo, and Victor J. Dzau -- Gene transfer and the cardiovascular system / William H. Miller ... [et al.] -- Kallikrein gene transfer in hypertension, cardiovascular and renal disease, and stroke / Julie Chao and Lee Chao -- Current and future novel targets of gene therapy for hypertension / Michael J. Katovich, Justin L. Grobe, and Mohan K. Raizada -- Application of viral gene transfer in studies of neurogenic hypertension / Sergey Kasparov, A.G. Teschemacher, and Julian F.R. Paton -- Vigilant vectors: intelligent gene vectors for cardioprotection in myocardial ischemia / M. Ian Phillips and Yi Tang -- Gene therapy for cerebral arterial diseases / Yoshimasa Watanabe and Donald D. Heistad -- Therapeutic angiogenesis and vasculogenesis for tissue regeneration / Paolo Madeddu -- Cell transplantation: the new frontier / Shafie Fazel ... [et al.] -- Embryonic stem cells and the cardiovascular system / Neta Lavon and Nissim Benvenisty.
- Cardiovascular hemodynamics 2013, SpringerA basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology is essential for optimal patient care. This practical book provides a concise tutorial of all the essential aspects of cardiovascular hemodynamics and the techniques used to assess cardiovascular performance. A high-yield reference, this book is replete with figures, tracings, tables, and clinical pearls that reinforce the basic tenets of hemodynamics. From identifying key findings of the patient history and physical exam to correlating hemodynamic tracings with acute clinical presentations, this book arms the reader with the tools necessary to handle any hemodynamic-related situation.
- Cardiovascular issues in endocrinology 2014, KargerTestosterone and cardiovascular risk in men / Kelly, D.M., Jones, T.H. -- Hormone therapy and venous thromboembolism among postmenopausal women / Scarabin, P.-Y. -- Cardiovascular and metabolic impact of glucocorticoid replacement therapy / Johannsson, G., Ragnarsson, O. -- Cardiovascular disease and thyroid function / Faber, J., Selmer, C. -- Hormonal alterations in heart failure : anabolic impairment in chronic heart failure -- diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic issues / Arcopinto, M., Cittadini, A. -- Genetics of primary aldosteronism / Funder, J.W. -- Adipose tissue dysfunction and inflammation in cardiovascular disease / Wronkowitz, N., Romacho, T., Sell, H., Eckel, J. -- Potential peptides in atherosclerosis therapy / Marleau, S., Mellal, K., Huynh, D.N., Ong, H. -- Interaction between insulin-like growth factor-1 and atherosclerosis and vascular aging / Higashi, Y., Quevedo, H.C., Tiwari, S., Sukhanov, S., Shai, S.-Y., Anwar, A., Delafontaine, P. -- Ghrelin and the cardiovascular system / Tokudome, T., Kishimoto, I., Miyazato, M., Kangawa, K. -- Natriuretic peptide system and the heart / del Ry, S., Cabiati, M., Clerico, A. -- Beyond glycemic control : cardiovascular effects of incretin-based therapies / Angeli, F.S., Shannon, R.P.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Cardiovascular MR manual 2011, SpringerWhat's inside the magnet and why? -- The MRI environment -- Protons and spins: the origin of the MRI signal -- Generating a signal: RF pulses and echoes -- Relaxation times, gradient echoes, and spin echoes -- Making an image: locating and encoding signals in space -- Image space and k-space -- Imaging parameters and image attributes -- Improving SNR with surface coils and array coils -- Pulse sequences and image contrast -- Gradient echo versus spin echo -- Black blood versus bright blood imaging -- Dealing with cardiac motion: how do we image the beating heart? -- Dealing with respiratory motion -- Fast imaging: how do we speed up the image acquisition? -- Special pulse sequences for cardiac imaging -- Common artifacts -- The basics of a CMR study -- Components of CMR protocols -- Anatomy of CMR -- The CMR report -- Diseases of the aorta -- Cardiomyopathies -- Pericardial disease -- Cardiac masses -- Valvular heart disease -- Ischemic heart disease -- Basic adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) -- Pulmonary vein assessment -- Interventional cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
- Cardiovascular MRI 2008, Springer
- Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease 2010, Springer
- Acute coronary syndrome — Cardiovascular MRI in congenital heart disease (108)
- Cardiovascular MRI in practice — Evidence and perspectives on n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in cardiovascular disease (108)
- Evolution of cardio-metabolic risk from birth to middle age — New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases (108)
- New look at the heart in heart failure — Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system (106)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases